Windows Support Forum

Can't find video device even though it's installed

Q: Can't find video device even though it's installed

Camera: Sony DCR TRV285e

I've recently bought a firewire card and now I'm trying to capture the video with Ulead Videostudio 8.But when I click the capture button it shows the following error.Please see the screenshot:

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't find video device even though it's installed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 65.36%

hello peepz,
We are about to roll out a group policy to stop people installing USB devices that are not approved. All that is very easy to, our issue is finding already installed devices on a computer.  I can manually roll through the registry entries and try and
manually delete them but given we have hundreds of users, that is going to take forever.  Is there some software that people use that easily identifies if say a Samsung or Apple phone have been connected and delete them. Same thing for most USB sticks
except the ones we specify??

Thanks,
Dave.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3589cbb7-cb08-4c0d-bc1f-18234ff9529f/rolling-out-a-usb-device-controll-gpo-how-to-find-already-installed-devices?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.78%

I am using a Dell Smartstep smartpc laptop with winxp service pack I have intel pentium processor with a Ghz speed I have mb of RAM Thats all I know i am not very good with computers and usually search in the interweb for help but i am so stuck with this i joined the forum Anyway the problem I installed warcraft III frozen throne and when i try to play either of them it says to check direct x is version or higher Device Not Video Installed issues! Controller i have tried reinstalling direct x but it says it is up to date I ran the dxdiag to check and its says under display The system is using the generic video driver Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer To test DirectDraw functionality click the quot Test DirectDraw quot button above Direct D functionality not available You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer I went and checked the deivice manager and under other devices the Video controller VGA compatable has a question mark with a black on Device issues! Video Controller Not Installed a yellow circle Checking its proporties it says that The drivers fir this device are not installed code Now i have tried reinstalling the driver but it says Device issues! Video Controller Not Installed i need to insert the cd I dont have a cd and have no idead what i need to do to get the driver another way I know thisis long winded but i could really do with some help If you need more information just ask you will need to tell me how to get it P Thanking you in advance

A:Device issues! Video Controller Not Installed

Okay wrong section i didnt see the drivers thread folder. sorry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-issues-video-controller-not-installed-258116.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

I cannot find my device model number at all. It is a graphics chip and I have searched and searched but found nothing. It is an old Packard bell Imedia computer and cannot find the model number. (I searched the serial number, found nothing)

AMD ATHLON XP 3000+ (2.16ghz)
80GB ATA HDD
DVD RW Drive *NEC*
300w (or more?) psu
512mb RAM (SDRAM?)
I tried a driver scanner, nothing. Anyone help?

A:Cannot find video device model.

From what little I can find on the subject it would appear to have a via chipset as well as graphics chip
VIA UniChrome Shared video memory
to be specific.
Information on these imedia machines is basically non existent.
Since it's a basically unheard of graphics chip, I would guess this may be the right path, and would explain the driver utility being unable to identify it.

I think you may be dealing with a machine that more than likely can only run win xp.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146749-cannot-find-video-device-model.html
Relevancy 61.92%

The disk on my wife s Dell Inspiron crashed so I bought a new one installed it reloaded Windows and backed up data Everything went well with one exception described as follows There were apparently a number of devices whose drivers I ?? R128346.exe controller already but Need installed device video driver were not contained on the Windows recovery CD s provided by Dell These devices showed up with a Need video controller device driver but I already installed R128346.exe ?? yellow question mark in the Device Manager I went to the Dell Need video controller device driver but I already installed R128346.exe ?? website for this computer and found device drivers for all the devices except for the following The last two devices with yellow question marks were described in Device Manager as Video Controller Video Controller VGA compatible Need video controller device driver but I already installed R128346.exe ?? The Dell website for this computer is http support dell com support dow mID INSPIRON amp os WW amp osl en amp catid amp impid On this webpage there was only ONE device driver listed under the Video category This was R exe After I installed this driver the only device remaining with a yellow question mark was Video Controller What driver do I use for this remaining device described in Device Manager as Video Controller As I just mentioned I already loaded R exe the only video device driver listed Should I run R again Would running R a second time damage the installation in some way if it was NOT needed Is there some other video driver that this website has omitted Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

A:Need video controller device driver but I already installed R128346.exe ??

Remove the existing R128346.exe driver in the device manager and restart the laptop. Then try reinstalling the video driver (R128346.exe) Do you have normal sound?

Please post your location in your user profile. We already have your computer specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-video-controller-device-driver-but-i-already-installed-r128346-exe.87171/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have looked everywhere and I cannot find a driver for a device called "Video Controller" on my Toshiba Satellite A55-S106. If anyone can help, that would be great. Thanks.

A:Cannot find any drivers for my Video Controller device.

Any history to this? Reformat? Problem?

Drivers for your laptop are here: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...BV_EngineID=ccchaddgeejmmhmcgfkceghdgngdgnn.0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-any-drivers-for-my-video-controller-device.414113/
Relevancy 60.63%

Normally using my laptop last night When i opened it this morning I have no sound and the deadly X red mark on my volume on my lower right screen is present It is obvious that this problem no audio output device game installed, video No no sound, controller... audio output device installed is very common to many Reading through hundreds of threads saying i just have to No audio device output installed, no sound, video game controller... find quot sound video game controller quot and re install it The problem with mine is that i dont even have that kind of tab on my device manager how come By the way when i open my Device manager I can see under Other devices that i have Base System Device that has a yellow exclamation marks on it FYI I tried looking for sound programs in my computer through search through dxdiag etc and i cant even find a sound driver Because of this i go to Realtek and installed the newest high definition audio codecs for bit windows which version is R update Feeling confident that i can now install it to my device manager i tried doing it To no avail i cant install it this is the procedure that i am doing Device manager Add legacy hardware Next gt choose Install the hardware that i manually select from a list Next Choose Sound video and game controllers choose Realtek Next Next THEN after installing it will say quot An error occurred during the installation of the device The extended attributes are inconsistent quot FINISH I really dont know what to do about this If anyone can kindly help me i would greatly appreciate it I am not very good with computer terms so do bear with me Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU Intel Mobile Core Duo T GHz C Merom nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard TOSHIBA Satellite U U E C Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel Mobile Intel Express Chipset Family Toshiba Intel Mobile Intel Express Chipset Family Toshiba Hard Drives GB TOSHIBA MK GSX ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-U N ATA Device MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM Audio No audio card detected Motherboard Manufacturer TOSHIBA Model Satellite U U E Version PSU U- R Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model GM Chipset Revision C Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model HBM ICH -ME Southbridge Revision B System Temperature C BIOS Brand TOSHIBA Version V Date PCI Data Slot PCI Slot Type PCI Slot Usage Unknown Bus Width bit Slot Designation PCI Slot J B Slot Number

A:No audio device output installed, no sound, video game controller...

The first approach, since it worked and then the next day didn't is to use the System Restore and restore the PC back to an available restore date that is Prior to having the problem. This fixes many problems, including your problem many times.

System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools. System Restore will not delete any user data or e-mails.

BTW, please fill in the "My System Specs" rather than try to list them on a post (along with much of it not needed).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/300195-no-audio-device-output-installed-no-sound-video-game-controller.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a compaq presario f700 with windows vista home basic 32 bit with SP 2 and my sound doesn't work. A common fix I've heard of is going in the sound video and game controller section of device manager and uninstalling and then wait for windows to detect my audio device again so it can reinstall. The problem is there isn't a sound video and game controllers section in my device manager. I want to know why so I can have my sound fixed. My sound driver is a Conexant driver.

A:Can't find "Sound, Video, and Game controllers in device manager vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-sound-video-and-game-controllers-in-device-manager-vista.976973/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Gateway GT Core Quad desktop Vista Home Premium option video, - device audio No installed is controllers" Solved: output "Sound, game It has on-board sound which is enabled in the BIOS and worked Solved: No audio output device is installed - "Sound, video, game controllers" option fine for the month I ve had the machine until a couple of days ago We had a power outage and when the system Solved: No audio output device is installed - "Sound, video, game controllers" option came back up I had a speaker icon in the system tray with a red X saying quot No Audio output device is installed quot The system does not seem to realize that a sound card exists It no longer shows up in device manager Also quot Sound video and game controllers quot is not showing as a category in device manager was this removed in Vista or is this part of my problem I talked to support at Gateway and they told me to reinstall the drivers As I Solved: No audio output device is installed - "Sound, video, game controllers" option expected the drivers won t install because quot Audio device not found quot They then told me to do a Factory Recovery no thanks I ve spent too many hours tweaking this thing Do you folks think a Factory recovery would do anything To me this seems like a hardware problem If the machine can t see the sound card now it s not going to see it with a recovery either right Plus I already ran System Recovery once The system blue-screened like crazy when I first got it After installing all my software I realized that SP was not installed It would not install no matter what I had to do a factory recovery then install SP then re-install all my software FYI - I have the newest system BIOS installed Thank you for any tips nbsp

A:Solved: No audio output device is installed - "Sound, video, game controllers" option

Sounds like the power outage did something not so nice to your PC (investing in a UPS is a good thing). It sounds to me like some sort of hardware issue at this point.

I would recommend opening the case up and seeing if any of the capacitors (little can like things) on the motherboard look like they are distended (look like they are bulging out or exploded), also do a sniff test and see if anything smells funny.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-audio-output-device-is-installed-sound-video-game-controllers-option.739298/
Relevancy 55.04%

I don't know if the drivers or the software are dodgy and Leadtek's site doesn't provide much info. Anyone got links to drivers and compatible capture software?

A:WinFast PxDVR3200 H, WinFast PVR2 Cannot find any video capture device

Hi ... I would try all the 64 Bit Drivers from the Link below ...
Leadtek - Multimedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377109-winfast-pxdvr3200-h-winfast-pvr2-cannot-find-any-video-capture-device.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello and thanks in advance for your time Earlier this afternoon I noticed that the sound on my Thinkpad W was no longer working I hadn t really done anything of note with my computer- just updated Adobe Reader to v that I can think of When I checked the notification area I saw this However when I right click and click quot Playback Devices quot I get the following I immediately checked Device Manager and found that everything appeared to be fine I tried uninstalled Device card error, be when Installed" to Audio Output "No installed is appears sound even correctly and "No Audio Output Device is Installed" error, even when sound card appears to be installed correctly reinstalling the Conexant and NVIDIA drivers as well as updating BIOS Nothing seems to help When try to use the mute volume buttons on the keyboard the speaker mute button lights up when pressed but the microphone mute and volume - buttons don t appear to do anything I ve also tried plugging in headphones and that does not make any difference When I boot from an Ubuntu CD however sound works fine so I don t think that it s a hardware issue Anything that you folks could do to point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454709/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-error-even-when-sound-card-appears-to-be-installed-correctly/
Relevancy 52.89%

I m trying to fix an hp pavillion dv and No installed devices audio device show wont in error Device Manager nr laptop running windows vista home premium It has the little red No audio device installed error and devices wont show in Device Manager x on the speaker in the lower right hand corner The owner said it has been there for some months I have tried downloading the current audio drivers for the computer but every time I try to install the driver I get an error that says the device couldn t be found The first time i restarted the computer after the driver installation failed the audio came back and worked fine until I had to restart the computer Now I keep getting the same error and nothing i have found so far online has helped There are no yellow triangles in the device manager and the device list isn t showing the category for quot sound video and gaming etc quot at all Please help I did a search but the other threads didn t solve this problem for me Thanks in advance

A:No audio device installed error and devices wont show in Device Manager

I see three different audio driver packages at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...ct=3646926#N661.You need to find the right one to install. If you install one and the system doesn't work properly...please uninstall it before trying the next one.Installing the wrong one won't do anything harmful to your system...it just won't do any good to leave it installed.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342832/no-audio-device-installed-error-and-devices-wont-show-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello and thanks in advance for your time Earlier this afternoon I noticed that the sound on my Thinkpad W was no longer working I hadn't really done anything of note with my computer- just updated Adobe Reader to v that I can think of When I checked the notification area I saw this However when I right click and click quot Playback Devices quot I get the following I immediately checked Device Manager and found that everything appeared to be fine I tried uninstalled and reinstalling the Conexant and NVIDIA drivers as well as updating BIOS Nothing seems to help When try to use the mute volume buttons on the keyboard the speaker mute button lights up when pressed but the microphone mute and volume - buttons don't appear to do anything I've also tried plugging in headphones and that does not make any difference When I boot from an Ubuntu CD however sound works fine so I don't think that it's a hardware issue Anything that you folks could do to point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:No sound: No Audio Output Device is Installed, even when it is installed

The Red X on the speaker icon in the notification area means there are no speakers plugged into the Green Speaker out jack on the back of the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-no-audio-output-device-is-installed-even-when-it-is-installed-647102.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i have installed the correct driver for this belkin bluetooth usb dongle model F T XX but in device manager it has the belkin device and microsoft bluetooth enumerator which is great but when u get further down the list it has a tab named quot other devices quot and then a subtab with quot bluetooth peripheral device quot which has an exclemation mark on it i have searched for driver software using the update service but it cant find no update i have looked for the name of the manufacturer but found nothing i then disabled the unknown device and sent a picture to my mobile phone which confirmed that it was not the belkin bluetooth device so i uninstalled the one multiple only manager, device device installed????? but in bluetooth devices unknown device restarted the computer then when i logged in it said that it had found a new device and wanted me to find the CD that came with it i would be greatful if any could help me on this thanks in advance

A:multiple bluetooth devices in device manager, but only one device installed?????

What type of keyboard have you got?
Have you got any remote control devices around.
Have you got a headset for your phone.
Have you got anything that may be bluetooth that you dont know about (headphones etc).
Have you had a look at ghost devices on the tutorials;
Ghost Devices & Drivers

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/184025-multiple-bluetooth-devices-device-manager-but-only-one-device-installed.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Oh man... all I did was re-boot my computer and now this! As far as I am aware, I have updated nothing, downgraded nothing, windows auto update is turned off, my device was working before... had the drivers, because I was listening to music a couple of hours ago. what information can I give you lovely sweet technicians to help me out or narrow down the problem? **NOTE Re-booting again doesn't help, but maybe it's a one in 3 Chance?

A:No Audio Device/The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-the-drivers-for-this-device-are-not-installed-code-28.1061933/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi peoples

i have installed my media centre for the 3rd time in a month. Due to various issues. (1 being sleep) Now i have installed the same drivers as the first build for HDMI audio and video, which i had perfect dvd playback and tv on, however i am faced with errors about video drivers not properly installed.

Last time it was the HDMI driver which i have installed and reinstalled 3 times. It seems every time i follow the exact same process at rebuilding vista 64 i get a different result.

Is there a way you can reset media centre so it checks the drivers all over again. I am interested in resetting audio and video if possible

A:Vista x64 media centre video drivers not installed or installed incorrectly

Hi, audiophile, and welcome to the forums.

It would help to know your Graphics card and setup - I have installed Vista Ultimate x64 twice - once for testing, and then a format and reinstall as I changed the partition setup - since then (2 months now) I have not had a single issue with WiMP / WMC.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/171504-vista-x64-media-centre-video-drivers-not-installed-installed-incorrectly.html
Relevancy 50.31%

In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera.

But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices.
Where in Win10 can I enable and disable webcams?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/52849-cant-find-webcam-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm trying to upgrade a client from Windows 7 Pro 64 to Windows 10 using the Upgrade Assistant. It downloads and verifies and then starts the installation. At the end, it errors out saying that an incompatible device must be removed. The device is listed as a Linksys AE1200/2500. - The problem is, that device is not connected to the computer. It is my understanding that it was connected some time back but no more.

I checked Device Manager (including show hidden devices) and it's not there. I have gone through the registry and removed everything associated with Cisco, Linksys, AE1200, and AE2500. I the C drive for anything Cisco, Linksys, AE1200 and AE2500 and removed anything I found. Unfortunately, the problem still persists.

Any thoughts on how to get Windows to stop thinking it's installed, or a way to bypass the check?

Thanks in advance. I'm out of ideas.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/64665-incompatible-device-device-not-installed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I would like to watch videos on my Windows laptop and have the audio play from my Android phone. Is this possible?

The reason I want to do this is my audio jack on my laptop seems to be broken. I'm often in the library or others places where headphones are essential.

A:How to Stream Audio on Android Device while keeping Video on Windows Device

That would be very difficult.
Lets first find out if your if your Audio jack is broken.
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager are there any yellow flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed.
What is the make and model# of your laptop? Go to the manufacturers support/download drivers and type in your make and model# or service tag # and download the Chipset and Audio driver for your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/how-to-stream-audio-on-android-device-while-keeping-video-on-windows-device-763282.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hie i have just installed window 7 and this devices are missing, any help will be very much appreciated.
base system device
device id
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&SUBSYS_117C10&PEV_00
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&SUBSYS_117C10CF
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&CC_0880

UNKNOWN DEVICE
LOCATION; INTEL(R) 82801 DBM LPC INTERFACE CONTROLLER-24CC
HARDWARE ID;
ACP1\FUJO2BI
FUJO2BI

VIDEO CONTROLLER
LOCATION; PCI bus 0 device 2 function 1
HARDWARE ID
PCI\VEN 8086&DEV_3582&SUBSYS_120E10CF&REV_02
My laptop is FUJITSU-BIBLO MG13D

A:base system device, video controller and unknown device missing

Before I can help you, follow these instructions to let me know more about it: New to SevenForums? Fill out your system specs (this tool may help you out a great deal).

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/197742-base-system-device-video-controller-unknown-device-missing.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just reinstalled xp on my computer, and I have the following videocard...

Nvidia Corp GeForce 6100 nForce 430

I've looked at every driver/software site I know, as well as nvidia.com. I've tried several well known auto scan softwares, as well as nvidia's forceware, which is SUPPOSED to scan my computer for known nvidia cards (which i know for a fact that i have, i've seen it myself), but it says it can't detect anything. Once again, the videocard is a geforce 6100/nforce 430.

This is the second time I've had to reinstall, and I'm having such bad luck it feels like every time I try to do something, everything is working against me. If someone out there could help me out, it would really make my week.

Thanks in advance.

A:I can't find a specific video card driver, where can I find it?

Is this onboard Video? A little about your computer might also help. Is it running an Nvidia chipset? Is it a name brand such as an HP or Compaq? If so manufacturer and model number would also help. I have the same Video Chip in my Compaq and the video drivers are available on the Nvidia website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-find-a-specific-video-card-driver-where-can-i-find-it.724343/
Relevancy 48.16%

http://www.xfxforce.com/en-gb/products/graphiccards/GTSseries/250GTS.aspx
There. GTS250. AKA another renamed card by nvidia. AKA 9800 GTX+. Just happened to see it while searching for the best price of a GTX260 here, and was all ", I haven't heard of this card before... And it isn't on newegg or TD." Googled, and it's just a 9800 gtx+, so I'm not buying it, although seems a nice card for anyone who needs that level of a card (no point spending money for no upgrade in my case)... It's shorter than the 9800 GTX+ too, and only requires one 6-pin PCIE power cord, so looks really nice. Not at all one of those 9800 GT "new cards".

A:Why can't I find this video card on US webstores, though I find on Finnish ones?

According to this....
http://techreport.com/articles.x/16504
It hits the market on march 10.
So it's not quite available yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-cant-i-find-this-video-card-on-us-webstores-though-i-find-on-finnish-ones.807497/
Relevancy 48.16%

It was working fine, a circuit tripped and the computer of course lost all power, I booted back up and got this error message when trying to watch live TV:video error files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctlyRecorded TV plays fine, but live TV gives that error. It says to restart Media Center or restart the computer; I've tried both and neither resolved the error. ANY help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!UPDATE: I tried moving the tuner to another slot and still no success. Uninstall drivers and reinstalled, still nothing. This stinks.

A:Video Error Files Needed To Display Video Are Not Installed Or Not Working Correctly

Hi, have you tried a system restore point before the loss of power?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169364/video-error-files-needed-to-display-video-are-not-installed-or-not-working-correctly/
Relevancy 48.16%

It was working fine, a circuit tripped and the computer of course lost all power, I booted back up and got this error message when trying to watch live TV:

video error files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctlyClick to expand...

Recorded TV plays fine, but live TV gives that error. It says to restart Media Center or restart the computer; I've tried both and neither resolved the error. ANY help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

UPDATE: I tried moving the tuner to another slot and still no success. Uninstall drivers and reinstalled, still nothing. This stinks. :'(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-error-files-needed-to-display-video-are-not-installed-or-not-working-correctly.750241/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I'm pretty desperate for help with this issue I've been searching on Google for the last three and a half hours for a solution but came up with nothing so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone can tell me what's up I turned on my laptop today to find that there was a little red 'x' over the audio symbol and upon further inspection it turned out that there was no I HAVE Device one? Output Installed", but "No Audio installed Is audio driver installed I wasn't very bothered about it at first because after a Windows update once I had to reinstall it and everything ran smoothly from there because I just reinstalled the driver which originally came with the laptop Now this is the problem I tried installing the driver and the installation seemed to go fine I was prompted to restart did so but when I logged in after the reboot I was still getting the quot No Audio Output Device Is Installed quot error I searched around tried a different Realtek HD driver Same result Tried again with a different driver no "No Audio Output Device Is Installed", but I HAVE installed one? luck Wax on wax off I can't figure out why it's happening but maybe someone here can For reference my Laptop's "No Audio Output Device Is Installed", but I HAVE installed one? a Sony Vaio VPCCW S E running Windows Home Premium and I have tried to install the drivers available from Sony for this laptop but they don't work either Thanks

A:"No Audio Output Device Is Installed", but I HAVE installed one?

First you might want to press the Windows key and the pause/break key. That will open the System screen, once there go to Advanced system settings, upper left. In the window that opens go to the Hardware tab and click the Device Installation Settings button. Select No, let me chose what to do, and Never install driver software from Windows update. This will stop windows from replacing/updating that driver to the one that doesn't work. Then I guess I would go to Programs and Features and uninstall and reinstall your sound drivers. Or go to Device manager and uninstall your sound card, reboot and do the driver install again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/212332-no-audio-output-device-installed-but-i-have-installed-one.html
Relevancy 46.87%

OK here s what happened Someone was trying to add a video card to a Gateway GT PC so that they could use two monitors The PC and existing monitor was using the on board video They installed a new video Deleted now splash Video card in manager video no device screen past card and loaded drivers for it The on board video showed up in device manager and was deleted Somehow the new video card was also deleted in the device manager as well Now the PC will boot and you will see video until the windows splash screen then the monitor will go blank The PC is running as someone suggested using MS Narrator to hear the menus and try to get to device manager However he was unable to navigate to the device manager using this technique Using F and trying to boot into safe mode resulted in the same issues Trying forced VGA also the same Trying to use system restore to roll back to the previous setup also resulted in Deleted Video card in device manager now no video past splash screen the same outcome Can anybody suggest a good way to be able to get the video back up and running I personally have not looked at this PC to try a few things but will be looking at it tonight Anyone else run into this problem I would think windows would not allow all video to be deleted from device manager but I guess it has happened to many folks before The OS is XP Pro Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Deleted Video card in device manager now no video past splash screen

take out the new card and reboot. restart (whatever happens) and go into BIOS, check your onboard graphics is enabled, save and reboot. ...you were still using the onboard graphics by he way...tell me when you've done the above..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/deleted-video-card-in-device-manager-now-no-video-past-splash-screen.107013/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, i just recently got my convertible laptop. I have found ou that the audio doesn't work due to there being no audio output device installed, and after researching, I found out that there was a problem with the the Intel SST Audio Device. The device status stated:  "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)There are no compatible drivers for this device.To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver." I tried updating the driver but the computer could not find any drivers for the device.  Can anybody fix this for me please? Thank You.

A:No Audio Output Device installed and Intel SST Audio Device ...

Hi @JD_gin?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook and issues with sound drivers not installed correctly. In the Device Manager, right-click on Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers and select all that are listed and uninstall the Driver Software. Here is the download to the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driversp69248.exe. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed! You could also try in the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that categoryRight-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time.Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driverAfter the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Audio-Output-Device-installed-and-Intel-SST-Audio-Device/td-p/5412572
Relevancy 46.44%

I have been trouble shooting my sound for quite some time with no results. I've deleted and reinstalled drivers, checked bios, etc. no luck.here are my speccy details:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hABYADp66DTHtJPioAZ4aF0and here's an example of the messages i'm recieving.

A:No Audio Output Device Installed/ Audio Device Disabled

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413317/no-audio-output-device-installed-audio-device-disabled/
Relevancy 46.44%

I was just wondering what the best video capture device was for cheap and where i could get it from it has to be usb also... i want audio and video with remote.

NOw for the video card i would like something thats great for graphic design and video editing so i need to know what kind to get and how to install it....

hp pavilion 750n
120gb hard drive
512mb ram ddr pc 2100/pc1600 2 slots (upgrading to 2gb)
non integrated video card
need anything else?

A:Need video capture device/How to up grade video card

Check Newegg.com. They have great prices and most products have user reviews.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-video-capture-device-how-to-up-grade-video-card.95531/
Relevancy 46.44%

What will have better quality?
A video card with VIVO, or (example) a Plextor ConvertX external video capture device?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vivo-video-card-or-external-video-device.326711/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm looking to get a new computer and after 10+ years of Windows 98, I'm looking for a PC with Windows XP on it.

Can you still find NEW PCs with the XP operating system? Where are some of the better places to look?

Thanks in advance

~david~

Relevancy 46.01%

How do I find what was the last app installed on a pc ?

The Add/Remove section of the control panel does not appear to give a date when such
an app was installed?

Any ideas ?

Relevancy 46.01%

Hey!
My computer worked fine, but then one of my cables to the ssd fell out without me noticing it. I installed os on the HDD (used to be on the SSD) and when i was done i wiped the hole HDD with DBAN. After that the os worked nice on the SSD, but i could not find the hdd. I went to the BIOS and found it there, but it was not possible to find it on my SSD. I went to the disk management, but did not find any disk or unlocated space. What is the problem? Anyone have a clue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-my-hdd-on-my-sdd-where-the-os-is-installed.1160772/
Relevancy 46.01%

How do I know what OS is running in a secondary hard drive?
(the 2nd HD was not functioning on its own, so I had to install it as a 2nd in order to reformat)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-os-installed-in-2nd-hd.856525/
Relevancy 46.01%

Good afternoon,

I once found a way to find out the date (and time!) that Windows XP was installed on a system. It was a command that you typed in and it returned with this information.

I can't for the life of me find this again! I've trawled and can't lay my hands on it.

Is anyone aware of this, or another way, to get this information out of Windows???

Thanks in advance.

Scooby

Relevancy 46.01%

Can you please help? My desktop does not recognise my cdrom. I tried to use the set up utility to correct it - a sort of stab in the dark really. But nothing happen can anyone help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-cd-rom-device-not-installed.749030/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello there Annoying problem and we ve tried just about everything- even running through everyone else s problems to try to get this to work We have just re-installed Windows xp service pack on a Cisnet Pentium tower When we try and get the audio to work nothing works The Sounds and audio device manager keeps saying there is no device installed and it s greyed out We tried the following steps and still to no avail Tried reinstalling drivers Went through BIOS to make sure it was enabled Checked to make sure the device in question still existed on the motherboard itself looks as if device installed?! No it s not an aftermarket item- a speedtech p - No device installed?! - and it recalls itself in BIOS as ac Checked all the basic functions of the ports the speakers etc and the ports have power as they are sending signal the usual pop you get when you plug in a device Went through msconfig and also made sure the devices were enabled We are losing patience quickly as it seems we have tried everything Any help is appreciated that we haven t tried

A:No device installed?!

Nevermind! Took us 5+ hours, but we got it! (finally) Sorry for the post, but we were outta ideas...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430411/no-device-installed/
Relevancy 46.01%

hey everyone, my windows xp can't seem to download the pci device it has found (new hardward). when searching for the device, there is a big yellow question mark next to the pci word. after having these messages, my computer has been crashing by freezing or not restarting but making a beeping noise consecutively. any suggestions?

A:PCI device can not be installed

What is your computer? Make? Model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-device-can-not-be-installed.130076/
Relevancy 46.01%

I need help figuring out why I get a "PCI Device Not Installed" notification every time I start Windows. I have the latest Nvidia drivers (93.71) installed for my video card (the only PCI device present), and the card seems to work just fine-really fine- but, must be something missing. Could it be related to the HD output capability of the video card (a separate s-video output jack-capability)? If so, any driver suggestions? Kind of annoying when I restart the computer to see that message - tia.

A:PCI Device Not Installed - Help Please

Right click on My Computer -----> Manage -----> Device Manager -----> Display Adapters -----> See if there is more than one cards ------> Disable the one you're not using.

D.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-device-not-installed-help-please.65178/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,i'm new on this forum.
I have mobile Samsung u900 soul and i cannot transfer files through my pc but that hardware works on other computers.
In begining it worked but later it won't work
It says:"the specified service does not exist as an installed device"
please can someone HELP ME!

A:mtp device not installed

Apparently there can be conflicts with WMP11 - uninstall it (or roll back to 10), reboot, (and if you uninstalled re-install and reboot again).

Some people have had success just re-installing WMP11 overtop of itself.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mtp-device-not-installed-643131.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all I had to do a factory restore after serious issues with my pc and like a prat i didnt do a backup before i reinstalled the factory settings.Ive now noticed the software which came pre installed on the system isnt there anymore and ive looked in all folders etc but still no joy.Can somebody please advise me on where i can find the details of the software which came installd on my system and then where i will be able to go to download them again.Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Cannot-find-pre-installed-software/td-p/5595816
Relevancy 45.58%

I upgraded from W7 to W10 last month. Is there any way to tell the exact date? I'm having some horrible problems due to a missing user file. If I have a backup of one program that was made before I upgraded, I can just reinstall the program and all is well. If I don't, per the software designer, I've just lost 3 years of work because Dropbox can't find the missing pathways. I just can't remember when December 2015 I finally upgraded.

A:Find date I installed?

Hi Kjw, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Open the Command Prompt and enter this command:

Code:
systeminfo | find /i "install date"

It shows you the exact date and time Windows was installed:

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37214-find-date-i-installed.html
Relevancy 45.58%

In the last couple of days, I had to finally upgrade my HDC from, an AHA-19160 to, an AHA-39320. Prior to doing that, the BIOS on the 19160 stopped seeing the HD while, XP Pro could find it. Now, Since I upgraded the HDC, the new HDC sees' the HD but, when I try to do a fresh install of XP Pro, it cannot find the HD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Christopher

A:XP Pro will cannot find newly installed HD

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/634593-aha-39320-bios-sees-147gb.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-will-cannot-find-newly-installed-hd.634599/
Relevancy 45.58%

Alright, this might sound as a stupid question, but I'm not able to find some of my installed programs (neither in Metro nor with the searching function at the top right corner).
The only way I can find 'em is by going to the installed location.
e.g. ?torrent

Thanks in advance.

A:How to find installed programs

Hello Abdullah, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Usually installed programs will create a shortcut to be listed in your Apps screen.
Apps Screen - Open in Windows 8
If not, then you could go to installed location to create a shortcut from the program's .exe file to use where you like, or "Pin to Start" or "Pin to Taskbar" the .exe file.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/31691-how-find-installed-programs.html
Relevancy 45.58%

At first i'm having trouble in finding the programs after i installed it. Then i found it very hassle when i need to search it to start and type the word that i installed. Is there any way that there's no need for me to search it and move to start screen? Thanks in advance

A:Where could i find my new installed software

Hello Astorre, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Normally when you install a program, it will automatically pin a shortcut of that program to the far right of your Start screen. You may need to scroll all the way to the right on your Start screen to see it.

If it doesn't, then you can navigate to the .exe file of the installed program, and "Pin to Start" it to have one.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/21054-where-could-i-find-my-new-installed-software.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi google searching says I IE 9 10, find all. at installed and 11, Removed now IE can't can't have removed IE totally from the system but all evidence says Removed IE 11, 10, 9 and now can't find IE installed at all. I have I used an elevated command prompt with the command below to uninstall IE then then in hopes to roll it back to as I have been failing repeatedly with trying to reinstall IE I keep getting error C failure while I have all the prerequisites latest graphic drivers and have gig free HD space The command used to uninstall FORFILES P WINDIR servicing Packages M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer- mum c quot cmd c echo Uninstalling package fname amp amp start w pkgmgr up fname norestart quot Now after using that command first with mum then then I cannot find any indication IE is installed on my laptop I have rebooted and windows update doesn't suggest any IE updates either Your help and expertise would be greatly appreciated I have downloaded the stand alone IE windows english usa bit version and even trying to install it with the update-no trigger fails

A:Removed IE 11, 10, 9 and now can't find IE installed at all.

Download IE11

Download Web Browser - Internet Explorer

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/393439-removed-ie-11-10-9-now-cant-find-ie-installed-all.html
Relevancy 45.58%

An ex coworker of mine installed Windows 7 Pro on a pc for one of our clients, which was never activated. Now it's 30 days later and it's asking for the key. The sticker with the Windows 7 Pro OEM key on the side of the box is rather illegible. I input the key in an attempt to activate, but it fails. My issue is I don't know if I'm putting in the wrong key or the Windows 7 Pro that was installed is not OEM version. Is there an easy way for me to tell if it is OEM or not without having to reinstall?

Thanks in advance,

-Dan

A:Solved: Need to find out if the Win 7 that is installed is OEM or not

Not asking you to post the results here (just lazily copying a standard post). In the output look at the Product ID Type.

Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and post back the report it creates:
Download MGADiag to your desktop.
Double-click on MGADiag.exe to launch the program
Click "Continue"
Ensure that the "Windows" tab is selected (it should be by default).
Click the "Copy" button to copy the MGA Diagnostic Report to the Windows clipboard.
Paste the MGA Diagnostic Report back here in your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-to-find-out-if-the-win-7-that-is-installed-is-oem-or-not.1065058/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. I am supposed to have AVG Internet Security 2011 installed on my computer. When I boot up, the User Account Control asks if I want to allow AVG to run. It says it's installed on my hdd. I say yes. When I go into the hdd, I cannot find AVG anywhere except in the folder Program Files(x86). And the actual executable is not in there, just a few odd files. I have a feeling that the installation might have been interrupted, but every time I try to continue or reinstall it nothing happens after the file extraction hits 100%. It is not in the control panel applications, and when I search for it, nothings shows in the results. I don't know what other information might be pertinent. I am tired, and I have been working at this for a while now.

A:Cannot find a program that says it is installed

Run the AVG removal tool: http://www.avg.com/us-en/download-toolsAVG Remover eliminates all the parts of your AVG installation from your computer, including registry items, installation files, user files, etc. AVG Remover is the last option to be used in case the AVG uninstall / repair installation process has failed repeatedly.Download a fresh copy & reinstall (if you still want AVG) http://www.avg.com/us-en/download

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384696/cannot-find-a-program-that-says-it-is-installed/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have Sophos Endpoint installed onto Windows 2008 R2 Server, but I am buffer overflow errors with Excel.  I need to find out if EMET is installed on my Server. 

How do find out

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd3d8475-35e7-407d-b269-60878159c01f/how-do-you-find-out-if-you-have-emet-it-installed?forum=emet
Relevancy 45.58%

I just upgraded to Win7. In this PC I have 2 HDD, one C drive which works fin, and one additional HDD which I'm able to see in BIOS and Device Manager, but it do not show up in Explorer.
How to get it visible?
Thanks

A:Can't find local installed HDD

Right click my computer > manage, click disk management take a screenshot, post here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-local-installed-hdd.176151/
Relevancy 45.58%

I upgraded from W7 to W10 last month. Is there any way to tell the exact date? I'm having some horrible problems due to a missing user file. If I have a backup of one program that was made before I upgraded, I can just reinstall the program and all is well. If I don't, per the software designer, I've just lost 3 years of work because Dropbox can't find the missing pathways. I just can't remember when December 2015 I finally upgraded.

A:Find date I installed?

Hi Kjw, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Open the Command Prompt and enter this command:

Code:
systeminfo | find /i "install date"

It shows you the exact date and time Windows was installed:

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37214-find-date-i-installed.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I hope I'm in the right forum, this could be a hardware issue. I have a brand new HP DV6000 laptop w/Vista installed. (I couldn't get it with XP) I purchased an identical hard drive & swapped them. When I try to install XP it gets to the point where it asks do you want to install? When I hit enter I get a screen telling me setup cannot continue because setup did not find any hard drives installed. I have another HP DV6000 with XP Pro so I tried that hard drive but as soon as it tries to boot it blue screens with a fatal system error & wants to reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi tech support...I want to uninstall this software but the software does not come with the uninstaller...I also checked at the add/remove program but it's not there...so I googled on uninstalling a program, they guide me :

1) Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and find the folder for the application. Delete the folder.

but it still not there!

so what went wrong.

Please help.thank you

A:can't find my installed software

What is the software that you are trying to uninstall?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-find-my-installed-software-548009.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My house was recently burgled and they took my external hard drive. I've had it for years so have lost all my paperwork for it. I want to be able to give my insurance company accurate details about it but can't remember anything including make, model, or size. Is there any way for me to find some or all of this info on my computer? I have an Inspiron running Windows 7. Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi All I think I've just done a dumb thing I never learn don't make decisions first thing in the morning before I've finished my coffee and have had a chance to boot up I had a pop up telling me that there was an unverified certificate from the revocation list do you wish to proceed There was a choice of install certificate or not to proceed no prizes for I How the Find installed do last Certificate anyone guessing what I did My question is how can I now find this certificate How do I Find the last Certificate installed and actually see what it's about and get rid of it if it's suspect The prompt was accompanied by the Java Logo down on my task bar so I assumed it was ok Big mistake I know as Java has been on the usual suspects list for years now so I'm feeling pretty stupid at the moment Is it possible to find it by date of installation I've found by searching already that all the certificate have expiry dates but nothing to show when they were installed Can anyone help me out Hiconic

Relevancy 45.58%

Windows 7 64 bit. I have a printer and I can print to it from applications but it does not show up in installed printers. Even if I add it again, it does not show up. What can I do about it? Other devices are there; just not this one.

RON

A:Cannot Find Installed Printer

Local i.e plugged into the back of this computer or Network connected to another computer or network print server?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-installed-printer.1051408/
Relevancy 45.58%

Yesterday i bought a new motherboard MSI G41M-P26 and i reinstalled windows because of this problem (im using win8 release preview) i installed Realtek (everything went fine) and i restarted my pc, after that i couldn't find the realtek icon anywhere, even on the program files the realtek folder is empty there are only 2 files (RtlUpd.exe can't even run it, and USetup.iss) the HDA folder is empty also. I reinstalled it many times, tried various versions of Realtek, it's not even on the Task Manager. It seems like it's installed but i can't run it. I have everything up to date, Please help me, it's really important for me to use realtek.
PS : i have the sound in case you were wondering. But i need realtek. It has so many good options and i'm using a 5.1 home theater.
I didn't have this problem with my old motherboard, and it was also MSI.
Sorry for my bad english.

A:Realtek is installed but can't run it nor find it on the pc.

Hi AceZero and welcome to W7 Forums

That motherboard has VIA audio installed, specifically the VT1708S codec. Drivers for other codecs, including Realtek, will not work with your setup. Sorry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/244069-realtek-installed-but-cant-run-nor-find-pc.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have recently installed Windows 2000 and I can only view in 16 colours. I am aware I need to download a new driver but I'm not sure of the chipset of my computer. The computer was supplied by my employers and I don't have the manual, how can I find out which driver I need to download? When I look at the system information, it just says Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU. Please help, I am sick of having silly pastel colours and this flashing is making me nauseous.

Relevancy 45.58%

I was just wondering, how do I find out how much of my RAM is dedicated to Video Memory? Because I tried playing Never Winter Knights (the new one) and the picture was really messed up, I can attach a snapshot if you like. A 16MB video card is the minimum for NWK, and since the game worked on my computer (and I have onboard video), I thought that my computer met the minimum requirements, but since the display is so messed up, I can't understand what's the problem

A:How do I find out how much video memory I have (how much RAM is dedicated to Video)?

Access your bios setup page.......it should show how much ram is being pulled for onboard video there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-find-out-how-much-video-memory-i-have-how-much-ram-is-dedicated-to-video.98269/
Relevancy 45.15%

hi i have a samsung p28 laptop and i recently reinstalled windows and now all of my hardware is gone one of the things i want help with is sound it says i have no mixer device installed every time i click sound options i mean i do actually have a sound card coz i had sound before i rebooted windows can u help

A:no mixer device installed help!

Search for your notebook on the internet to drivers. It may help if you look on the website from the fabricater from your notebook. Install all the drivers. It will help with your sound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-mixer-device-installed-help.65415/
Relevancy 45.15%

I can`t figure out what driver I`m missing. When I open up device manager the only thing Im missing is "coprocessor"

Quote:
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

If I click update driver, or do windows update to see if that brings up anything... nothing new is found.

Any Ideas what it could be?
My Laptop is HP Pavillion DV2913CL

Thanks

A:Coprocessor - Device not installed

Coprocessor is a part of NVIDIA chipset drivers. I had to force the driver from the .inf to install on a friend's HP laptop.
There's only once confusing bit...the driver is not actually called Coprocessor when manually loading it, it's named something else which I can't remember...
I was actually surprised when it loaded fine and windows accepted it...
I was basically stuck exactly where you are, coudn't find any online Win7 related info, however the search did suggest that Coprocessor is indeed part of NVIDIA chipset drivers.

I then decided to simply take a shot at force loading stuff that made sense from the .inf's....

A couple were rejected...and one worked

...can't think of the name tho...

netRAT.

EDITED: Mistake corrected. I meant NVIDIA chipset drivers not AMD!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/9723-coprocessor-device-not-installed.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So I have this error it just all of a sudden showed up quot Device Is Audio Installed No No Audio Device Is Installed quot with a red X over the speaker logo in my toolbar Im running a Toshiba Satellite laptop U -TP C Ive done many searches here and found out lots of people have solved this problem by going into my Control Panel switching to Classic View and opening the Device Manager Then opening the Sound folder clicking on the Realtek and telling it to DISABLE then ENABLE However I do not have this folder in my Device Manager So I tried other fixes I have searched Toshiba site and downloaded the Realtek HD sound driver and no luck I have done No Audio Device Is Installed windows update as someone else suggested I have installed the Realtek HD sound driver while in SAFE mode and still no luck I also tried doing a system restore and have yet to get rid of that dang red X I need some more ideas Please help

A:No Audio Device Is Installed

Check your BIOS to see if sound card is enable.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/280662-no-audio-device-installed.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey, I recently upgraded my RAM from 1GB to 4GB. I turned my computer on as normal and everything seemed to work fine, although I have now noticed that there is "No Output Device installed" so now I cannot use my speakers.

I've checked to see if they were plugged in and they was. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using Windows Vista Premium with a Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 @ 1.86 GHz

A:No Output Device Installed

What sound card do you have, or what is your computer model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-output-device-installed.721338/
Relevancy 45.15%

sir i have been facing this audio device not installed softwares for long time i tried windows fix which give errors like quot B B hardwares changes have not been detected quot quot no output installed device not audio audio device not installed quot then i check this forum and applied the tricks scanned my computer for virus or malware re-installed audio drivers load optimise bios but all got in viens then audio device not installed i restore my computer but it not helped then formatted the system and installed the drivers the problem was solved for few days then it again started i tried all the tricks and fixes but nothing helped now audio device not installed this problem is getting weird sometimes when i restart my computer iget a pop up quot unknown device on high defination audio bus quot other time quot high defination audio device then installing device drivers failed quot sometimes the audio drivers are successfully installed but no sound is heared also relltek device manager show only three rear pins and one front pin instead of six rear and two front i am losing my patience and getting irrated please help soon i have window ultimate bit and integrated sound card and realtek audio driver as specified in motherboard website msi nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have just built a new computer as follows:

Intel P4-640-3.2 CPU
Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro Motherboard
Leadtek PX6800GS TDH Geforce 256MB Video Card
2 x Western Digital HDD WD2000JS 200GB SATA2
Corsair RAM 1GB (2X512MB) 240-pin DDRII 667 (PC-5300)
Pioneer DVR-110DSV DVD-RW

I have installed XP and everything is working except I have no sound.

I have installed the sound driver off the CD supplied with the MB, however when I go into Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, it says that the is no Audio Device.

When I look in Device manager under Sound,Video & Game Controllers, it lists several devices which all report that they are working properly.

What am I missing??

A:No Sound Device Installed??

When you go into Control Panel, in Sound under the Audio tab, under Sound playback are there any choices? In Device Manager anything listed under Other Devices? What is listed in Device Manager under Sound? --don't need the Codecs, but the rest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-device-installed.452467/
Relevancy 45.15%

I need help with installing some software please. Tried to download the "chipset"
but obviously didnt do it properly.
The pop up reads..."Device driver not successfully installed" the list that followed was.."Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Host Controller 2934"
"Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Host Controller 2935"
" Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Host Controller 2936"
"Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Host Controller 293A"

Any ideas chaps?
Thanks.

A:Device Driver not installed

Quote: Originally Posted by frosty55

I need help with installing some software please. Tried to download the "chipset"
but obviously didnt do it properly.
The pop up reads..."Device driver not successfully installed" the list that followed was.."Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Host Controller 2934"
"Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Host Controller 2935"
" Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Host Controller 2936"
"Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Host Controller 293A"

Any ideas chaps?
Thanks.

Where did you download the driver from? was it for win 7 or another OS? Was it installed in safe mode (F8)?

Do you have an OS dvd, a backup, and a restore point?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/188664-device-driver-not-installed.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Driver will not uninstall so I can reinstall it.

Windows 10 

Realtek HD Audio.

I have this trouble from time to time and it sometimes fixes itself. This is very frustrating.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600269/no-audio-device-is-installed/
Relevancy 45.15%

In trying to speed up my computer I believe i've uninstalled any and all programs involved with my sound. When I checked on sounds it stated I had no sound devices installed. Please help me understand what i've done and what I can do to fix this. Thank you!!!

A:No sound device installed

We need to know the make and model of your computer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180729/no-sound-device-installed/
Relevancy 45.15%

I haven't turned my laptop on in a few days and when I went to go install a few games, I noticed that my sound was muted. Not all that odd, but since was going to be gaming, i wanted it up.

But It wouldn't let me unmute. I just get the following screen.

My audio device is supposed to be Soundblaster recon3d But even when I open it's control panel it's blank.

I've already looked for drivers but the program says it's up to date.
I'm not sure how to re-install or re-enable Soundblaster.

A:No Audio device Installed?

Er.. Well? It spontaneously resolved itself.
Marking as solved... I guess?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/379086-no-audio-device-installed.html
Relevancy 45.15%

The motherboard I was using for a No device installed audio while had a weird thing with the build in motherboard sound Whenever I unplugged my headphones or something it would take me hours No audio device installed of resetting and waiting for them to actually work again Then one day when I had to move I had to unplug my headphones and I couldn t get my sound to work on my computer ever since and now it has a X on the sound on the bottom right I am not computer illiterate I do know that it isn t muted I have updated all the drivers to the most recent and still nothing I right click on the volume icon and it says no audio device is installed when clearly there is when I go to the device manager and there is Realtek High Definition Audio in the list I have tried disabling it and re-enabling and also uninstalling it and the software and restarting the computer to download the driver again itself Still nothing The other day I bought a new motherboard to hopefully fix the sound issue but unfortunately it has not because it looks like the bad settings from the other board is still there in the system My system specs are Windows Vista Home Basic Bit EP -UD L - Giga-Byte Motherboard Gigs of ram Geforce GT Graphics Card I d put in screen shots but apparently I can t do that until posts If anyone knows any solution to my problem can you please help me out I love to play games on my computer and they just aren t the same without sound nbsp

A:No audio device installed

Did you reinstalled your windows?

It is recommended that if you replace system's motherboard, you must reinstall the windows as well. There are some tricks to avoid that but I wouldn't recommend it, because usually at some time you eventually do run into trouble with such.

Have you checked your system's logs? you can do so by going to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer and under Windows Logs review Application & System Logs and see if they tells you something.

Also right click on my computer and then go to device manager, scroll down to sound, video and game controllers and see what is the status of y our sound card ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-installed.142935/
Relevancy 45.15%

A few days ago I was tryng to recharge my iphone on my W7 but kept getting a notice by the notification area saying device driver not installed. Why does it need to install it every time? Its never happened previously.
Then this morning I was recharging it & I kept hearing the connect/disconnect sound. I opened up My Computer & watched as the iphone icon disappeared & reappeared. I finally pulled it out & plugged it into my laptop & no problem.
But I ask again, why does it need to install a driver each time?

A:Device driver not installed

Try a different USB Port. See if you are still have the same problem. If not it may be the USB port you were using is going bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/device-driver-not-installed.204659/
Relevancy 45.15%

recenly i updated my laptop but after. not sure if this was cause. but my laptop speakers were not working. It says i have no audio output device installed please help

A:No Audio Device Installed

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

You might start with the make/model of the laptop, and exactly what "update" you did. Also, what version and patch level of Windows are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-installed.656252/
Relevancy 45.15%

Like Wildneon I too have no audio device installed I have an A n Sli deluxe mobo and installed a fresh installation of Vista Home Premium Drivers worked for a bit then bang - no audio output device installed now sits in the task bar with a red cross out help!!! Please device too! installed audio is No over the volume icon I have re-installed the card updated all drivers I have removed GB of Ram to see if that makes a difference But all to no avail I do not have the Sigma Tel driver that is known to cause this problem The only other device marked problem is the Texa Instrument s EEE host controller which I believe is unrelated The card works prefectly in an older machine and an older card works perfectly in Vista But the Creative Sounblaster fatal ty No audio out device is installed too! Please help!!! FPS will No audio out device is installed too! Please help!!! not work The motherboard must recognise it as it qappears under device manager and yet Vista tells me nothing is installed Can anyone solve this conundrum Mike nbsp

A:No audio out device is installed too! Please help!!!

Strangely enough, #I had a very similar problem. Same soundcard- soundblaster fatal1ty- but on mine i lost 3 of the 5 speakers, for no apparent reason. The sound on the remaining 2 was awful, so I decided to uninstall the card, remove it, and go back to on board sound. Since then, I acquired 7.1 speakers, so I tried the fatal1ty again. Uninstalled the onboard drivers, disabled it in bios, installed the fatal1ty, and wonder of wonders, it workes! The only difference was that after installing drivers from the supplied CD, I let it do an auto update for latest drivers, so this may be the problem.
So... I would sugest complete uninstall, and physically remove the card. Let the onboard sound install, let it go for a short time, and see if it works properly. If it does, uninstall onboard sound, reinstall the fatal1ty, disable on board sound in BIOS, then install the fatal1ty drivers and get an auto update. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Alternatively, just get an update, if you havent already, and see if it works then.
Have a feeling this is another one of Vistas little tricks.. hehe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-out-device-is-installed-too-please-help.638507/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi hope you can help me with this i decided to shift my macbook into window 7 for my convenience and it turns to be ok the only problem is that it doesnt have sound and the icon on th right side is disable..how can i fix this? thank you in advance...

A:no output device is installed

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and see if there is a yellow triangular sign beside your sound device. If so, right click on it and choose Update/Upgrade.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-output-device-is-installed.1129120/
Relevancy 45.15%

is the message I am getting I reloaded XP after numereous problems and am now getting the below message xC D BA Cannot play the file Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device such as a sound card or sound controller You may encounter this error message for one of the following reasons Your sound device is in use by another program Quit other programs that installed device No sound may be using your sound device and then try to play the file again Your sound device is not functioning properly To troubleshoot the problem see the Sound Troubleshooter in Windows Help or refer to your No sound device installed sound device s documentation You do not have a sound device installed on your computer Install a sound device and then try to play the file again Error ID xC D BA Condition ID x Web Help I also updated to SP when I reinstalled XP I ran this from Belarc to show what I have on my system Operating System System Model Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Dell Computer Corporation Dimension A System Service Tag RR support for this PC Chassis Serial Number RR Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board Dell Computer Corporation Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR- No sound device installed B HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive WDC WD BB- DEA Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WMAD rev E SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon Marti PM admin Owner AM admin local system accounts Administrator never admin Guest PM HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account None detected Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Intel r DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller- CB Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Display adapter DELL E FP Monitor quot vis s n R C A SA December Bus Adapters Multimedia Intel r DB DBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - CD Intel r DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C Intel r DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C Intel r DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C None detected Communications Other Devices BCM V K Modem NETGEAR WG T Mbps Wireless USB Adapter primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address C E C C Networking Dns Server USB Human Interface Device Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard HID-compliant mouse USB Root Hub x Virus Protection Back to Top Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security Version Realtime File Scanning On Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes Back to Top All required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary have been installed Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Back to Top DataAccess Q on details Internet Explorer SP KB -IE SP - on details KB -IE SP - on details KB -IE SP - on details Outlook Express SP KB -OE SP - on details Windows Media Player KB WMP details SP KB WMP on details Windows Media Player KB WMP details SP KB WMP on details Windows Media Player KB WMP details SP KB WMP on details Windows Media Player WM details Q details SP Q on details KB on details Windows XP KB details SP KB on details SP MSCOMPPACKV on Microsoft Compression Client Pack for Windows XP SP KB SP on details SP KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB V on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details Windows XP SP continued KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details ... Read more

A:No sound device installed

nothing on there about audio - you may just need the driver

post make and model of the PC - so we can identify the likely driver need -

also check device manager for ? or ! or X - i suspect your sound driver is missing
start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

also any ! X or ?

its possible one of these may detect the device - belarc needs the drivers loaded to identify the hardware - these may not
online scan
http://www.d-a-l.com/hardware-scan.php

Great standalone program with pdf and email output
http://www.pxserver.com/WinAudit.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-device-installed.531245/
Relevancy 45.15%

Attempting to install X-Rite DPT-20 spectrophotometer into Windows 7 Home Premium.
Have drivers downloaded from X-Rite.
Loading them causes Bluescreen.
After re-boot, Device Manager shows the X-Rite DPT20 in Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
The General tab says "No drivers are installed for this device. "
Driver file details says "C:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\XrUSB64.sys"
After I attempt to update the driver, Windows says "The best driver software for your device is already installed. Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date. X-Rite DPT20

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5f6524be-0dbe-4168-933f-c19b64a53589/no-drivers-are-installed-for-this-device?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I had Unknown installed Device an quot Unknown Device Installed quot window coming up at start up could anyone give me some advice please Here's what I did - I tried to remote log in to my other computer via logmein com a site that I've been using for a long time - I was prompted to grant user account control rights to install an active x control I've seen it before so I did that - Then another pop up came up saying that quot A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer quot The program is an AVG scanning module avgcsrvx exe that belongs to my AVG so I clicked allow After that I rebooted my PC and once it's been rebooted I see a window on my desktop titled quot Driver Software Installation quot with the content Unknown Device installed The software for this device has been successfully installed Unknown Device Ready to use I haven't initiated any installation and the only devices I have connected are my mouse and my scanner both of which have been installed Unknown Device installed for a long time I restarted in Safemode to look at my system restore points no installation updates are reported for today Can't see anything on my Add Remove programs on my Control Panel I ran Spybot amp Destroy as well as Malware Bytes and nothing came up Is there any way to find out what unknown device was installed on my machine And does this look like a malware I have Windows Vista using IE Many thanks for your help Really appreciate it

A:Unknown Device installed

In Device Manager, right click on The unknown device and select Properties, then click on the Details tab, then on Hardware ID in the dropdown box. It should be in this format "PCI\VEN_4444&DEV_0016&SUBSYS_40090070&REV_01"The 4 numbers/letters after the first _ are the Vendor ID; the 4 numbers/letters after the second _ are the Device ID.Go to this website ( http://www.pcidatabase.com/ ) and enter the Vendor ID into the Vendor Search box. In the next page, click on the link for the vendor of that device. In the next page, search for the Device ID and let us know what it says.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204127/unknown-device-installed/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just completed a new install of Windows XP on a Dell Inspirion 1000 - FAT32. Everything is cool except that I have no audio device! Tried many different solutions to no avail. Could it be that I should have made the install NTFS instead of FAT32?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys. When I came home from school yesterday, a notification popped up on the bottom of my screen. it says "MQTSHYTQ DVD=RQM0UZ870QJ0 ATA Device installed" And that it needs my compuer to restart . I asked a few friends that work with IT in my school and googled it, but nothing came up. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Device installed on my computer?

I would definitely do some scans with my AV and malware tools

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260206/device-installed-on-my-computer/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I have a Gateway laptop model W UI Was unhappy with the Vista Basic OS installed so reformatted to XP Pro with SP I am now faced with a daunting problem that I have been unable to trouble-shoot on my own I am missing the drivers for the following devices audio device on high definition audio bus both ethernet controllers modem device on high definition audio bus sm bus controller amp video controller vga compatable I also admit to not knowing which of these controls wireless access to the internet In device manager - under quot other devices quot each entry is preceeded by both yellow question amp exclamation marks and upon detail - the following is shown for each quot The drivers for this device are not installed Code quot I attempted to rollback No device drivers Pro installed SP3 XP drivers quot none saved quot and XP can t search the internet since I don t have the drivers which would allow for connectivity Though I am no expert I ve been a fast learner and can follow concise remedies directions well I am aware that the drivers may even still exist and that this may be a bios or registry issue If I have left out any pertinent info please let me know so I may help others in their efforts to assist me Thanks so much for any forthcoming assistance nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I m using hp 450 Processor intel pentuim cpu 2020M @ 2.40ghz
the bluetooth device is working as a sound driver, the hd audio device is hidden in the device manager. it says the hardware is currently disconnected. and i've tried installing may hd audio driver but none of them are working. when i uninstalled the bluetooth it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in.
please help me out

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/392850-no-audio-device-installed.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with a problem i'm having with my laptop. When I check the devices it shows that the realtek high definition audio is installed. I also tried uninstalling it and updating it yet it still says "No audio device installed" in playback device. I also tried using a usb sound card as i thought that might be corrupt but that wont work either. I read that I might have to enable windows sound via services but when I tried to open it nothing happened (not ever an error). If someone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone I hope you can help as I have exhausted the installed???!!! Help! device No audio computer part of my brain trying to fix this Specs that may help Nvidia Chipset ATI Graphics AMD gb Ram hdd Windows XP Sp Norton Security Basically my computer doesn't think it's got any audio devices installed There are some system sounds but not all and I can't use any media-player except winamp sometimes programmes I can't alter anything to do with audio devices because the window is always blanked out like this I've tried everything I can think of to no avail Update all drivers Un-install and re-install cards and drivers Full system scan for No audio device installed???!!! Help! bugs none - woo-hoo Bios updates and checks Device manager checks Conflict checks MSconfig checks ChkDsk All have not solved the problem hence why it's driving me maaad Also the same time it started doing this in intermitently doesn't load up the XP style taskbar and window panes instead it reverts to a classic format but not quite fully Like this As opposed to this But then after a few mins the screen jumps around and that goes back to normal but still no audio It's puzzled me beyond puzzling Hope somebody can help Thanks

A:No audio device installed???!!! Help!

Hi and Welcome to TSF

First off we need to find out what your audio is, meaning is it onboard or an adapter card?
What is the Device Manager saying under Sound, Video and Game controllers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-audio-device-installed-help-102951.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi!
I've got a HP Pavilion dv9823cl, with W7, as you maybe can see in som description (i'm new).

A year ago when I had Vista, when i started the computer one time there were no sound...
Then I thought it was a driver problem so I installed W7. But, that didn't work either. There were no sound. And still now, no sound, if you look at the sound icon, it has the mute icon, and if you hover it it says "No audio device is installed". But, now and then the audio comes back. What could this be? I've been looking so long for an answer know but can't find... Maybe someone at this forum could help me?

//Best regards,
Alexander

A:No audio device is installed

Hi,

I have asimilar problem and it is still not solved but I found out certain thinghs which could be a beginning of solution.

I installed a new sound cart (trust) and installed the soft on the CD : was refused because my 32 bit WindowsXP Pro
told me the software is for a 64 bit system.

After trials with other drivers the soft was accepted but no sound. This time the comment was "this device doesnt find the necessary resources....If you want to enable this device you will have to disable other devices."

Im hesitating about what to do next... Im preparin a thread to submit my problem to Tech Support Guy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-is-installed.1045803/
Relevancy 45.15%

Laptop- Compaq Presario F700 windows vista home premium. Conextant Audio 221.
I have been experiencing the dreaded NO AUDIO DEVICE IS INSTALLED warning with the red X over the speaker Icon. The problem is that it comes and goes. Sometimes the X IS gone but Ill still have no sound, sometimes I have perfect sound, but it is rare. At times when I do have sound or no X but still no sound, my video and gaming is choppy and freezes. I have reinstalled the sound drivers several times and have even reinstalled Windows. To me it sounds like a hardware resources problem or IRQ conflict, it could be very well a bad motherboard but I was hoping the was a fix other than that.
Thanks in advance for any info on this problem

A:No Audio Device Is Installed*

Try getting your computer/Windows up to date and then see if things improve. I notice you do not have Service Pack 2 installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-is-installed.1021299/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all let me get straight Device Installed...Different others... No from Audio the down to my problem I have Toshiba Satellite L -S and a few days No Audio Device Installed...Different from the others... ago i was watching an movie online i think it was through DivX all of a sudden it froze and after that my sounds has that dreaded quot X quot over it saying quot No Audio Device Installed quot ive tried almost everything but the bigger problem is that in my device manager the Sound video amp game controllers tab is missing its like my computer absolutely forget it had any sound at all im completely lost and dont know what to do and its really important i need sounds because im studying overseas and i talk with my parents through skype any s help will be much much appreciated Another little syptom is that whenever my computer goes into sleep mode the computer would turn on but the screen would fail to hope that helps in diagnosing the problem Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-installed-different-from-the-others.837738/
Relevancy 45.15%

Just need to know how to fix this for my friend if anyone can help post on this

A:no audio device is installed

Without any PC spec's it makes it hard to try and help.

Is this a new install and it never worked? Or has it worked and now does not?

If this is a PC with in-built audio (on the motherboard) is it enabled in the BIOS? Also has the motherboard chipset drivers been installed or reinstalled?

As you see, we can't really do much without more information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/278781-no-audio-device-installed.html
Relevancy 45.15%

For a while now(speaking in month terms), my sound would be working just fine. But sometimes when I put it into hibernate(for the night) and turn it back on, my speaker icon would have a red X over it. The only way this goes away is if I leave the computer off for a long time or, spam restarts(lol). What can be the problem here? My guess is that it's getting old or something.

Also, when I try to find it in the device manager, it doesn't show up. It can't even detect it either.

Also, I reinstalled the drivers yesterday, and it worked again....for another few hours. So when I retried doing that, windows update didn't detect the sound card.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there, This problem is on my desktop Compaq SR5 605F with HP w/1707 monitor . Internal speakers. I have tried plugging in external speakers no sound then either. I have tried updating the Realtek hd audio controller. I also checked to make sure all is enabled and turned up. When I click on the volume icon it has an x over it and I get no audio device installed. Then there is a red sound icon that is realtek I get you are seeing a blank page because no audio system is plugged in. To activate GUI plug in an audio device. I have checked both ends and cable.
I hear a noise from the computer but it is ONLY static.
If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-out-put-device-installed.1049046/
Relevancy 45.15%

I lost my audio device and have tried repeatedly to reinstall it with no such luck. It is Realtek HD Audio. I have Windows 7 x64

A:No Audio Device Installed

So...your current computer was upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 (looking at your specs)?
If so, that could be the reason for the loss of your audio device; no Windows 7 drivers to support your XP hardware, or you don't have the correct driver installed.

If you didn't have XP previously, could you please elaborate more on the problem you are having, and what changes you may have made/software installed/Windows updates etc, prior to the audio problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-installed.984912/