Windows Support Forum

dvd burning problems

Q: dvd burning problems

HI,,
I have sucuessfully downloaded my digital video to my computer,, now
does anyone have any suggestions as to a good program to buy ( or free )
for burning the video to a DVD? I have NeroStartsmart,,, but for some reason
when I try to put the file in the spot to get it ready to burn it doesnt reconized
the file. do I need to change the file somehow? help!
thanks,,,
karebear

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: dvd burning problems

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: dvd burning problems

What is the file extension of the video file....and is NeroStartsmart the whole program or just a trial?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.465901/
Relevancy 42.14%

when i try to burn an audio cd , my burner will start to spin up then stop, it will do this a few times then stop altogether. If i just wait it out it will finally start after appx. 10 mins. and the burn process will begin. I have been using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 and it has always worked fine and fast. Now when it does finally burn it does so at a slow rate (12x).It used to burn at (32x) Tried uninstalling Roxio and tried using Sonic Burn Now , and windows xp burning program and got the same slow results. My burner ia a Sony CRX216E that came with my Dell. Checked the burner settings and it is set to DMA and to burn from this device. Any help to get this back to its normal speed would be GREAT !

A:cd burning problems

Have you changed the media you've been using? If not try uninstalling (disconnect the drive), then reboot and hook it up again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-problems.478012/
Relevancy 42.14%

First-time poster:

Dell computer, Windows XP, Windows Media Player. Sony CD-R disc.

I am trying to burn a copy of a new music CD for my daughter.

Seems to rip OK into the hard drive. Will play back just fine on computer.

When I burn it on CD-R disc, it is "choppy", "skips" (?), split-second of silence then music- don't know how to describe it!

Have tried twice with new CD-R disc each time, no help.

A:Problems Burning CD

You might try a different brand of disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-cd.708688/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello. As you might have guessed, i'm having a problem burning my DVDs. They get to around 2-3%, then fail. I've tried different brands, mostly Verbatim & Traxdata, and the same problem.
The error code I'm getting id -109, 98759c5c

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.906921/
Relevancy 42.14%

downloaded a movie , It is bin and cue I put it in nero and the file which was 772 mb, in nero it now reads 1237 mb . Obviously it is too big to burn on a single cd, can I change this file /movie format to put on a dvd . What program(s) would do this . OR what is the easiest method of burning this Thanks.

A:cd/dvd burning problems

Where did you download the movie from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-burning-problems.490556/
Relevancy 42.14%

This seems a common problem in all early releases of windows. I basically open up the dvd drive in windows - past the files I want to burn to dvd - then I get that folder shortcut 'you have have files waiting to be burned' - but I don't get an option burn on right click.

I was in a hurry tonight - so just fired up power2go - burnt disc no problems ?

Any idea wots wrong with with Windows burning

A:DVD Burning problems

Hello kingrollo,

You might see if this may be able to stop the "You have files waiting to be burned to disc" message for you to be able to burn again.

You have files waiting to be burned to disc - Stop Message - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33692-dvd-burning-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Now that my basic capacity questions are answered here I m ready to move on to more advanced problems So I m now trying to burn a DVD with files The total size is about gigs Again using an Iomega external DVD burner that shows up as LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- USB Device in my Device Manager I m using Phillips GB - x DVD-R discs and I have both Iomega Hotburn Pro and UltraISO installed for burning My first attempt I thought everything had gone fine and the drive even read the volume but couldn t play any more problems burning, More of the files When I looked at the DVD I noticed it had a ring that went from the center to half way out See attached photo Thought that was odd since I figured the DVD had more info on it Thinking it was just a one-time error I tried again This time instead of a solid ring I got two concentric thin rings See attached photo So how can I tell what the problem is Is it hardware the files I m burning or my discs nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

My CD-burner won t burn CD s anymore help Everything started at least I think so when I removed the admin-rights from my regular Windows-account and changed to privileged user Since then I ve tried to burn using the admin-account as well as giving the admin-rights back to my regular account but nothing works The burning-process start CD's Problems burning but after a while I get Problems burning CD's an error message and the burning stops I have an old IomegaZipCD-burner Windows and Nero Ultra Edition And here s the error log Christian Hultholm Munsmo A - - - - - Windows IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created Nero version Nero Express Recorder lt IOMEGA ZIPCD x gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI CD-ROM lt LG CD-ROM CRD- B gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral ST A atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral LG CD-ROM CRD- B atapi Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral IOMEGA ZIPCD x atapi Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral Generic DVD-ROM d prt Port ID DMA AutoRun Excluded drive IDs CmdQueuing CmdNotification WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat EraseSpeed BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Static Write Speed Table Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled CD-ROM ISO Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate TRUE Write TRUE Finalize CD TRUE Multisession FALSE Burning mode TAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running Text File Writer cpp Line Writer IOMEGA ZIPCD x running ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Track-at-once using CD-R RW media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode FALSE Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder IOMEGA ZIPCD x CDR code OSJ entry from TDK Corporation ATIP Data Special Info hex C LI A B LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE CTransferItem indices index not provided original CD pos relocatable CD pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks IOMEGA ZIPCD x -------------------------------------------------------------- Text File Burncd cpp Line Recorder and media-info Burning to IOMEGA ZIPCD x on a CD-R media Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder IOMEGA ZIPCD x for write in TAO DAO infos MCN TOCTYPE x Session Closed CD fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x ISRC quot quot FilePos Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Removed run-out blocks from end of track Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Simulation started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying CD position of item relocatable CD pos no patch infos orig at write at Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion Text File dlgbrnst cpp Line Set remaining time ms - gt OK Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Simulation completed successfully at x KB s Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying CD position of item relocatable CD pos no patch infos orig at write at SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x AEB Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY MEDIUM ERROR Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x A x x x x xE x x x x x x Sense Dat... Read more

A:Problems burning CD's

I use Nero 5.5.10.56, and there's a Nero Burning Rights patch that allows you to enable non-administrators to burn disks. Perhaps it's the same for Nero 6?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-cds.343321/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to bur a back up copy of a film I want to make sure I can keep. I have not burnt any films before,, but I appear to be able to get past the protection but when I try to burn the DVD it appears that the total file size is 2 to 3 times bigger than my DVD. I am a complete novice at this so any pointers in the right direction, appropriate information sources to read, would be greatly appreciated.

Ian Walalcev

A:Problems burning DVD

sir,
you need to read the forum rules,
on this forum,
illegal activities are not permitted any help
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-dvd.798378/
Relevancy 42.14%

Im having trouble burning dvds
I have windows xp, my computer is a Compaq Presario,

im trying to burn films to Dvd in the AVI format,
ive tried through windows media player and just got errors..
Now ive downloaded Nero and even when the burns complete the disks dont work in Xbox 360 or in dvd players (ive tried 2)
the disks are Maxwell ProX Dvd+R.

Can anybody help me sort this out please?

Thanks in advance, Markus

A:Xp Burning Problems..

The AVI files first have to be run through a DVD authoring program to convert them into DVD file format. If the Nero product you have includes Nero Vision you can use that program to create the DVD files. If not try DVD Flick.

Once the files are created make sure they work by viewing them with a media player. If WMP won't play DVD's get VLC media player.

Then when you know the DVD files work OK use Nero to burn them to a DVD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-burning-problems.898073/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have downloaded this video file but i can't seem to put it on DVD because my DVD burn program, IMTOO DVD Creator, seems to think that the file is some billion minutes long. It tells me that it wont fit on a disk so it wont start the burn. Could someone please help me or put in any input? Thanks

A:DVD Burning Problems

before selecting you want to burn something, make sure you have selected 'dvd' rather then 'cd', in nero, its a drop down box on the top right. i always make that mistake when burning a dvd after writing a CD as i burn dvds 99% of the time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problems.60517/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I have been trying to burn DVD's none of them have completed a burn I have used Windows DVD burner Imgburn and DVDStyler none have burned a disk. I have an LG GS24NSBO burner brand new. Can anyone help I have tried all I can think of any help would be appreciated.

A:DVD Burning problems

Well...what error messages are you getting...and when?

Does the BIOS reflect the correct optical drive?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549338/dvd-burning-problems/
Relevancy 42.14%

Every time a try to burn a dvd movie or game, it takes a very long time to do it. To burn an average movie, used to take me about 20-30 minutes, now it takes up to an hour and i am not sure why this is the case.

It also takes up to 40 minutes just to back up a dvd movie using DVD-Shrink, this was not always the case as well.
Programs: DVD-Shrink to backup up movies, Alcohol to backup games.
Nero 7 ultra edition to burn dvds
Specs: HP DVD Writer640b (CD-RW/DVD-writer)

A:DVD burning Problems..?

Sorry we cannot assist with this topic.

Please read the Forum Rules before posting again.

Thank you

Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.534754/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ- S drive in my laptop and am having problems burning cd s It fails during the write process I am using the latest version of Nero and use Memorex cd-r for recording and I have attached the burn log Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero Version Internal Version e Recorder lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI CD-ROM lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral HTS G AT atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S D CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Audio CD PM CDADOC - File Cdadoc cpp Line Audio item Problems cd's burning log info Audio document burn settings Burn mode DAO CD Text On Cache disk or network files No Cache small files No Cache files smaller than bytes Audio Multisession No List of audio tracks Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Total size PM Text File Problems burning cd's Burncd cpp Line MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S SmoothLink activated PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM StartDrmRecording RealRec ImageRec Copies DRM Beginning burn process PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S running PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using CD-R RW media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S CDR code OSJ entry from CMC Magnetics Corporation ATIP Data Special Info hex D A LI F B LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM AUDIO NOPRE Track No wav indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S TRM AUDIO NOPRE Track No wav indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S TRM AUDIO NOPRE Track No wav indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S TRM AUDIO NOPRE Track No wav indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S TRM AUDIO NOPRE Track No wav indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE... Read more

Relevancy 42.14%

i was having no problems burning cd's. i inserted a sandisk smart stick and transferred photos to it. ever since that when i try to burn a cd it tells me to connect burner. i have not disconnected it. i am using wmp 11. thanks in advance for any help.

A:CD burning problems

DANCHALOU said:

i was having no problems burning cd's. i inserted a sandisk smart stick and transferred photos to it. ever since that when i try to burn a cd it tells me to connect burner. i have not disconnected it. i am using wmp 11. thanks in advance for any help.Click to expand...

Uninstall CD drive through device manager and restart computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-problems.529328/
Relevancy 42.14%

im using nero to burn my dvds.and i have windows xp.the problem is that the burning process seems to 'hang up'.about halfway in or towards the end it just stops.no error message.all times stop.except duration time

A:dvd burning problems

Burning DVD's is a system intensive application. Try closing down things like virus checkers, monitoring programs, and unecessary things like screen savers . A useful setting to make is to right click on My Computer then choose Properties, then click on the Advanced tab then under Performance click on the Settings button and select the entry ' Adjust for best performance'. Click OK etc. Doing these things will help some way to releasing some processing power to Nero.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.382749/
Relevancy 42.14%

i have a setup of windows 7 on my harddisk. i want to burn it on my cds but unfortunately i do not know how to. can anyone help? which software should i use? thanks

A:burning problems

Hi -

Create an image using Windows 7 -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...a-system-image

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ings-and-files

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burning-problems-520644.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I've been trying to burn a cd, but it keeps saying "please insert a blank disc." I am using brand new CD-R. I've tried, drag and drop, WMP, and Roxio 7.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Matt

A:Problems Burning CDs

OK here's two problems it could be....
1. Have you got several CD drives? If the burning software is pointed at the wrong CD drive, it could cause this error.

2. The 'brand new disc' might be a dud. What brand, type, age, etc etc is it? Some CDR drives (esp older ones) have trouble with some variations of blank media.

Please can you post back some details about which burning software you're using and describe your brand and model of CD drive. Also the disc type?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-cds.551809/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,I havea few movieson my harddrive that I can watch on my laptop...but when I try to burn ...gets halfway through and comes up with I need a multichannel plugin...or need Dolby Digital 5.1.....have tried to find a download to resolve the problem to no avail....any ideas out there?thanks ,philthyphil

A:Burning problems

What type of burner do you have and what burning software are you you using????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-problems.99872/
Relevancy 42.14%

Getting an error message that is stopping me from burning dvd's, the message is as follows:-

Burn: profile list not found Code 02 04 01 (not ready in process of becoming ready) Page 2A not found Code 02 04 01 (not ready in process of becoming ready)

Burn: 0:0:0 TS8XDVDR transcent 1.6.6 (D) (Usb) not listed because it was impossible to detect if it's

A:Problems when burning dvd's

What program are you trying to use to burn? Try another app such as ImgBurn.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-when-burning-dvds.999085/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Izzy again I seem to be having problems burning to DVD just recently I use Nero and DVD shrink to Burning Problems Dvd backup my DVD s and have done so previously without problems You know how easily a DVD can be damaged and especially when you like Complete series like X-Files Keeping Up Appearances and Everybody Loves Raymond And can be costly at the end So i make copies to Burning Dvd Problems play and keep original safe There s nothing to say that it is illeagal to do so as long as you re not selling or giving to anyone Only personal use Anyway i can t seem to burn onto a DVD anymore copies from the disc OK but once complete burning it will come up at the end quot Burn Process Burning Dvd Problems Failed quot i ve added this details thing below a - - - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Burning Dvd Problems Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero API version Using interface version Installed in C Program Files Ahead Nero Application ahead Nero - Burning Rom Internal Version b Recorder lt HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B gt Version A - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral ST A atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B D CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled NeroAPI AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation started AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation completed no file modified AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files sorted AM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running AM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B running AM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM StartDrmRecording RealRec ImageRec Copies DRM Beginning burn process AM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x AM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B Media type DVD R Disc Manufacturer ID MCC Media Type ID Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Insert empty disc to write to Medium in drive unknown Medium required by compilation DVD R RW DVD-R RW DVD-RAM AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B -------------------------------------------------------------- AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files started AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files completed AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at AM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- DVD Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD R Part Version x Disc Size mm Maximum Rate lt not specified gt F ... Read more

A:Burning Dvd Problems

My PC is an ACER Aspire system it has a Combo CD/DVD burner unsure of whatever it is in specs as far as i know CD burn is 52x and DVD burn is 16x i just hope it's not the burner that has gave up burning it seems to be reading dics and games .

WinXP SP2
P4 2.8ghz
768mb ram

80GB hardrive, 49gb free

256mb video card Radeon pro 9800

just if that helps in anyway.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34477/burning-dvd-problems/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I've always had problems with my dvd burner. I'm not sure if it is my computer, or problems with Nero. The dvd's I am using are compatible with my Sony dvd burner. If I insert I dvd and then open 'My Computer' and click on the dvd drive, there is no dvd recognised. I have Nero 6, with all the latest updates, and that seems to recognise the dvd. However, only about 10% of burns work, with the rest leaving an error message and the dvd corrupt (expensive)! The error message that is left is below, and the logfile is also attached. I am trying to burn simple video files, and I know it sometimes works. Out of interest should it be possible to simply burn photos/videos onto dvd simply by opening the relevant dvd drive and copying the files into it?

Any help would be appreciated.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.353197/
Relevancy 42.14%

this is really weird...lemme explain:1st off,i can burn data discs FINE...but music will only burn first three tracks...the other thing is that i checked all the tracks to make sure no errors or anything were present,none were.so this really has me puzzled on why itll do anything EXCEPT audio cd's which stop at 98%(also tried slowing speed of burn)..i just dont know why this is happening

Using Recordnow version 4.10(came standard on my HP Pavilon 533w)

If you can help please post back here,send me an email to [email protected], or even instant message me using AIM(screename is bertalot1587)

Thanks to all who have helped me,past presnt and future

A:Help:burning Problems

I would suggest trying a different brand of CD-R's, not CD-RW's, and a different burning program. RecordNow is a piece of junk in my opinion.

I would recommend Nero, which you can download a trial of.

http://www.nero.com/us/nero6-ultraedition.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-burning-problems.219752/
Relevancy 42.14%

When i burn a film to disc all seems well until i watch the copy. the disc only allows me to watch the 1st 30 mins. Ive tried burning with nero 7 and power to go. Anyone got any ideas or have the same problem.

A:Burning problems.

im burning with a laptop if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burning-problems-222533.html
Relevancy 42.14%

C D AB Cannot burn files to CD Windows Media Player cannot CD burning problems burn copy the selected files to the CD To fix the problem do one or more of the following Clean the disc and verify that it is not damaged Select a slower recording write speed for CD burning problems the CD burner recorder Try a different brand of blank discs Quit other programs To select a slower recording speed On the Tools menu click Options and then click the Devices tab In Devices double-click the name of CD burning problems the CD burner recorder and then click the Recording tab In the write-speed list select a slower speed Error ID xC D AB Condition ID x Also have problem when trying to create CD and DVD from Explorer I've tried all the options above I've tried uninstalling the Nec a reinstalling standard MS drivers I've upgraded to version of the firmware I've upgraded to WMP Ver still same problem Recently I installed XP Service Pack has anyone else had a problem following install of SP Help system info - OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name OFFICE System Manufacturer Tiny Computers System Model MS- System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc Version T SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp sp rtm - quot User Name OFFICE Gary Time Zone GMT Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys

Go to the device manager and check to see if DMA is being used !

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-problems-15501.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a MATSHITA DVD-ROM SR-8588 it says DVD-RW/CD-RW on the cover ..but when ever a put a dvd disk in( I have tried DVD+R and DVD-RW) it says please insert a blank recordable disk in drive...I tried burning with Nero. I did a registry scan and downloaded drivers from the Panasonic website...I am not very computer savy and have no clue what to do...I am thinking about just buying an external burner....but if a have one it seems pointless...can anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems-help.606158/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,
Please could some one help me out here only i have no hair left to rip out.
I can not get my pc to burn audio files off the hard drive in fact when i put a cd/r disk in to my burner the light flashes on it but it not reconise the disk.
I have replace the IDE cables, Tried different burners, uninstalled xp and installed it again, the hard drive has been formatted, I have tried the burner on different IDE cables as well as making it a slave to the hard drive....non of these work.
My pc is running on XP and will burn data to a DVD/r

p.s I have tried three different burning programmes.

A:Burning Problems

are all the drive seen in windows? is the burner seen as cd/rw?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-problems-77675.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Call for help!

I have a gateway 700xl desktop with windows xp pro operating system. I have 120 gb hard disk with 512mb ram. I have had difficulty burning cd-r's and dvd-r's and at times my hard drive space has been below 15% but even when I free up space above that critical level (120gb I found out is not a lot) I am experiencing difficulty burning, no matter what software I try (and I have tried a lot).

I really want to free up my hard drive but don't want to throw away all the internet junk I have accumulated.

We need details, such as the product you are trying to use, the steps you are using, any error messages, and the exact problem.

If you are using EZ Creator did you install the two XP updates using their procedure?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.106147/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to burn my film footage onto a dvd, i have used tmpgenc and tmpgenc DVD author to create the files, but whenever i burn them onto a DVD-r or DVD+r, using nero, then the disk will not run in ,y DVD player and it shows bad disk on the display....

And yet if i burn it onto a DVD+rw it will work,

does anyone have any ideas why it wont work on a DVD-R/+R

A:DVD burning problems

One DVD player here will only work with RW media, one will work only with -R Media...

Its all to do with the laser output and the reflectivity of the media.
Sometimes the brand of media has an effect.

There is no "standard" only variations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.202080/
Relevancy 42.14%

I know that I m probably pretty outdated using Sonic Foundry Siren to copy my cds however it always worked well for me so why change it I would also use Adaptec Easy Cd Creator but now that one says there is a file missing or something The Nero that I had says that it does not work with my recorder but only the one that it is bundled with Anyway Siren never let me down I have a Spanish learning cd that I bought and a friend of mine would CD???? Problems Burning like to have a copy I would let her use mine but I m afraid that something could happen All of a sudden I have Buffer Problems Burning CD???? Underrun errors I try lowering the Problems Burning CD???? writing speed but nothing is happening I m wondering if it s the format that it s in because I Problems Burning CD???? got an error message concerning that in another program not sure which one anymore I hope I ve made myself clear in the issue I m having because I always seem to leave out important information I m running Win Could you advise me on another program that would be easy to use I went to download com and downloaded JetAudio because it had good reviews and seemed easy but I can t get any sound out of it I ve tried everything I can typically figure these things out however today is not my day Thanks Shari nbsp

A:Problems Burning CD????

Very general answer: When I have trouble with software or hardware, I always remove it from my system, reboot, then re-install it. 90% of the time, this fixes it for me. Hope it does the same for you, T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-cd.313477/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there I've been using nero to burn for a long time two weeks ago the program sometimes got stuck in the first second of the burn Without Burning problems XP in even starting to burn the program all I saw was quot checking disc quot and that was that when I tried to restart from this position since it used to hang the whole system it seemed that little program called INcd it's a packet writing program that functions like XP's drag and drop burn was Burning problems in XP not responding I removed INcd Burning problems in XP and the burn Burning problems in XP ran after that but it gets stuck on the Lead in Lead out at the end of the disk Dont get me wrong it finishes burning but the burn screen just stays there there counting Trying to close it dosent help and sends my computer into another hang frenzy I've removed nero and now use nero but with the same effect Trying to use XP's built in writer works but once only when I try to burn another disk the cd-r wont clear itself from the list though it's out of the drive and windows tells me I have no room for the burn insert a blank disk That's that The burner is Yamaha CRW-F external scsi my system is Athalon AMD xp MB ram Radeon pro MB Win XP after SP Thank you Guy

A:Burning problems in XP

when nero starts did it tell you if it was compatible with sp2? If it did, you have to download the latest version of nero. I know that previous versions did not work well with xp sp2.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-problems-in-xp-16270.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have Windows XP, and I use NTI Cd and Dvd Maker, Windows Media Player, and Real Player to burn cds, I have never had a problem with any of the programs until recently. When I burn a cd it will only play on my computer and not on my various cd players, I used the same brand of cds and they have worked before, but not now, any ideas?

A:Problems With Burning Cds

You are probably using software that is decrypting your data as in DRM (Digital Rights Management), thus preventing your cd's from playing elsewhere.If you insist on using Windows Media Player to burn your cd's (which I think caused this) then you need to go into the settings and uncheck the Protect My Files option. It's a very sneaky trick that MS has Windows Media Player set to by default. And it means that by default, your music is practically held hostage on your computer. But if you tried those same cd's in more than one different standalone cd player and they don't play, but they play only on your computer, then they are indeed encrypted, and you won't be playing them anywhere else except on your pc.You can verify it by putting those same cd's in other computers too. You'll probably get the same results.... they won't play.Also, if you're ripping cd music, I'd look for a more friendlier software to use, and stay away from burning softwares such as WMP and RealPlayer.I've been logging many posts here, since I've became a member, and so far 95%+ of the burning and playing problems that I've read, and posted to had this in common:They were ALL using Windows Media Player.. Many were using RealPlayer, and many were using iTunes.The more and more cd/dvd complaints I read about, it's been narrowed down to those programs as the causes for these problems. Just do a search of any post on cd/dvd problems, and you'll see that probably every one you read, Windows Media Player is involved somehow.So... go figure.Ohhh, and these are facts, not just my opinions either.================================================================[Added Info]What you may want to do is go to your Device Manager, and select your burner, then delete it, then reboot your computer. Windows should find/install the drivers for it. After it does that, try to burn something. But don't install any drivers if you have them. Just test it out 1st. Hopefully you have re-writable discs.Also, if that doesn't work, read this thread:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...f=7&t=79476and look for post no#7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79761/problems-with-burning-cds/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello to all This is Problems CDR Burning my first post so heres my problem I have recently installed a BenQ X X X burner I also have a X burner that I have left in my computer I have WINXP Pro installed CDR Burning Problems on my P Mghz computer The problem I am having is that for the first couple of CDR s it burned the full CD at X under minutes The media was a X CD Then it started to only burn at X only at over minutes to mins I can t even drag and drop through WIN XP explorer to burn files like before My X burner burns slightly slower X than before I have Nero as the burning software I tried to install Easy Cd Creator but it would not load after installation so I removed it So far I have uninstalled the hardware through device manager Also physically removed the CDR Burner and rebooted It does the same thing My question is how can I fix it so it writes at the fastest speed of X at under minutes again and how do you activate the explorer drag and drop in WIN XP so I can burn files It says E is not accessible incorrect function I do have a blank CD in there nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I have tried several ways to solve my problem of not being able to burn cd's from itunes. I have erased itunes and downloaded a new version but the problem persists. I can burn up to 10 songs (sometimes 1 or 2) and then it tells me an unexpected problem arises and the burn stops. Help!!!

Relevancy 42.14%

Like several others here, I'm having problems burning DVDs on win7. I tried "send to disk" way, Ashampoo, Nero 9, Infrarecorder, CDBurnerXP, ImgBurn and that ruined six DVDs I downloaded new drivers for the drive (Pioneer 216D), but that didn't fix it. The best thing is that I can boot into XP and burn everything normally Any suggestions?

Btw I'm not sure if this is the right section, sorry about that :/

If you are running an upgrade, you can extract the files to your desktop and run the installer from there.

Or you can load the files to a Primary formatted USB stick set to boot in the BIOS (it will show up as a HDD) and boot into the installer that way.

Try using Img Burn, locate file, burn image to DVD slow 4x with verify. If it doesn't work (ImgBurn always works) then check the hash of your ISO from source and compare to your ISO using Hashtab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30696-burning-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

I have previously been burning on Maxells DVD-r, with no problems. When I run out of discs I went onto using Sony DVD+r and I keep getting error messages at the start of the burn. On convertXtoDvd the error message is "write error at 1760 (16) code 03 80 04. Have tried using Nero but still doesn't work. I have used DVD+r in the past so not sure why I am having problems now. Can anyone advise?? Thank you!!

A:Burning problems on DVD+R

We could get into loads of technical talk about differences between - and + and info on your Drive capabilities and bios\driver updates; and even manufacture differences and incompatibilities

Or I could just state what to do
Use Maxells DVD-r discs (seeming they work)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-problems-on-dvd-r.119446/
Relevancy 42.14%

I m so confused I recently installed a new DVD Burner LITE-ON DVDRW LH A P and am trying to learn how to use it I successfully burned a data CD and a CD from an image file but have been unable to successfully burn a DVD as of yet I have tried using various software to burn some video files to a DVD and even tried creating a ISO file and burning that to a DVD without success I checked the website of the drive s manufacturer and the firmware is up-to-date I get various error messages problems DVD Burning Help! depending on which software I m using or which procedure quot Error occurred writing data to disc A NT disc I O operation failed Error Sense Data Sense Key FF ASSC ASCQ quot quot Device error or Couldn t write to Disc LBA Length Power callibration error quot or quot SCSI Pass-through Interface I O error quot quot error while examining drives Result quot I am usually fairly clever when it comes to computers but this whole area is new to me and I m completely mystified Am I skipping some step Is it the software Is the drive defective Any advice or insight would be Help! DVD Burning problems appreciated nbsp

A:Help! DVD Burning problems

You need to provide much more info. How have you connected your burner? Do you have other opticals installed?
various softwareClick to expand...

What software?

some video filesClick to expand...

What kind of video files?

to a DVDClick to expand...

??? As DATA for storage? A playable DVD comprised of DVD compliant files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dvd-burning-problems.546335/
Relevancy 42.14%

Help...

Have had multiple issues since the purchace of an acer USB CDRW unit for my Dell inspiron 5000 laptop.

Initially had MAJOR difficulties with Adaptecs Easy CD program and gave up after getting no help from adaptec (roxio) or Acer. Am currently using a shareware version of Nero Burning 5.5.2.4.

This seems to work well but whenever I boot up I am getting blue screens with error messages like 017F:BFF83BFC. Usually get 1-3 of these with each boot up and then things are fine.

Any idea what is going on? When I uninstal Nero this stops.

Would like any basic CD burning program that will work.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-problems.50140/
Relevancy 42.14%

ok so heres the deal bought a new dvd burner a lite-on DH A P which came with now software or anything at all and i bought a spindle of RiData Dvd-R s Installed the drive no disc in the drive it ll give me the quot burn these files to disc quot option included in windows but when i have a disc in i lose that option the drive does work though burning Help!!!! problems! i know this because i can burn image files w powerISO and i can use roxio to burn video dvds but i dont know why i cant just copy paste and write the files as a data disc like i do on any other computer These are some of my specs Windows XP Pro SP Dell burning problems! Help!!!! Dimension DIM Intel Pentium CPU GHz MB RAM Also I burned a DVD with Roxio and the output quality on this dvd burning problems! Help!!!! was pretty bad really blocky and whatnot can someone suggest burning problems! Help!!!! something better to use Any Help For Either Problem Would Be Greatly Appreciated THANK YOU nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Every time I burn a DVD either from video files or copy my own personal non commercial DVD s the picture gets all quot pixleated quot and breaks up about - minutes into the DVD on play back and will often stop and restart from the beginning I get the same problem on either of my DVD burners I also get the same problem if I use Nero DVD Shrink DVD Fab Platinum or other programs This problem is new it just started recently and I can t figure out why The picture quality is great otherwise no sound issues I do not get any error message and the burn process seems to be normal I ve tried slowing down the burn speed but that doesn t matter I looks through many pages of thread and don t see a problem like this posted I m running Windows XP SP with over GB or Ram and an AMD Does anyone have Problems burning DVD's any suggestions as to what could be causing this and how to fix it Thanks in advance to anyone that offers help nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

hi there
since i have installed windows 7, i have not been abe to burn cd's with any of my burning software which used to work fine with Vista.
The program runs like it is actually burning something, and it marks the disks but nothing is burnt on the cd's...
its only been since i installes windows 7
any help would be awesome

A:Burning Cd Problems

Hello, Welcome to the Forums!
What programs are you using? Have you tried using the built-in burning software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/47490-burning-cd-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have recently had a new motherboard installed and since my computer came back from the shop it has not been able to burn cd's.
Here is the message:

Windows Media Player cannot play, sync, or burn the protected file because a problem occurred with the Windows Media Digital Rights Management (DRM) system. You might need to connect to the Internet to update your DRM components. For additional assistance, click Web Help.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

A:problems with cd-r burning.

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=t..._sitesearch=microsoft.com&as_rights=&safe=off

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-cd-r-burning.499429/
Relevancy 42.14%

ok here is my problem brand new dvd cd burners in less than a year total cd dvd burned less than symptoms burner will work great the st few times then it will not burn sometimes it will recognize dvds but not burn to them other times it will not recognize dvds at all only cd s currently it will recognize cd s dvd s but will not burn either i own a pioneer dvd-rw dvr- d less than mnths cd burning problems old i cd burning problems am using nero express regardless of he file i try to burn it will run through the process and tell me it has burned succesfully but it also showes that it has not accessed my cd burner idle so nothing burnes it does this even if i dont cd burning problems have cd burning problems a cd in the drive real player just keeps asking me to insert a cd even thought i have one in the burner i have uninstalled the burner manually unplugged it and i have uninstalled nero and then did a fresh install this is happening too often to be a fluke is it a virus is it a currupt file sorry for the long post but any help program scans downloads would be much appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

killerken said:

ok here is my problem

5 brand new dvd/cd burners in less than a year, total cd/dvd burned less than 30.

symptoms burner will work great the 1st few times then it will not burn, sometimes it will recognize dvds but not burn to them other times it will not recognize dvds at all only cd's ;currently it will recognize cd's/dvd's but will not burn either

i own a pioneer dvd-rw dvr-110 d less than 3 mnths old

i am using nero express 6 regardless of he file i try to burn it will run through the process and tell me it has burned succesfully but it also showes that it has not accessed my cd burner (idle) so nothing burnes (it does this even if i dont have a cd in the drive)

real player 10 just keeps asking me to insert a cd even thought i have one in the burner

i have uninstalled the burner manually unplugged it and i have uninstalled nero and then did a fresh install

this is happening too often to be a fluke (is it a virus? is it a currupt file)

sorry for the long post but any help (program scans/downloads) would be much appreciated thanks in advance Click to expand...

Burners are big users of page file memory and often leave little piles of temp files behind. I have cleared up cd problems by the following housekeeping but your mileage may vary.

Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Action>Properties>Advanced>Virtual Memory>Change
Select the operating system drive and make sure the memory is system managed.

Secondly, use a cleaner program like Easy Cleaner to remove any temporary files that may have been created in the past by cd programs. I actually just delete all of the temp files on a regular basis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-problems.468669/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey I have been burning DVD for the past few months Recently I have been getting errors from my Sonic DVDit software that says there my be a problem with my SCSI problems burning DVD drives It recommends DVD burning problems that I first burn to my hard drive then burn to the DVD disk I have done this to the last few DVD I then started to burn some picture files to a CD and every time I try to drag and drop it will start getting the disk ready then the Window will disappear I cannot open the drive after that unless I take the CD out and then put it back in I guess my question is how do I know if I have a bad SCSI drive or a bad DVD Drive Is there a program out there that can fix this or let me know what the problem is My System information Mother board ABIT KG Processor AMD SP Athlon G Memory DDR Hard Drive IBM SCS RPM DVD Pioneer DVD Recorder DVR- Sound Card Creative Labs Sound Blaster Video Card Matrox G Matrox Operating Sys XP Pro Thanks for your time Rodney rctvideo charter net nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problems.18985/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys.. i posted a couple of weeks back about a problem with cd's not working in my drive... i've bought some disks that are readable in the drive, but now when i burn music or video, it turns out slow and is unreadable in my stereo or dvd player. Photo's and documents burn fine, it's just media. I use sonic to burn the disks, i've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, there are no firmware updates available either. Any suggestions? as i'm starting to think this is a hardware problem. Oh yeah i've adjusted the speed of the buring process as well.

Hi...

So what speed are you burning at?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-problems-104164.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to erase a CD-RW but when I go in to erase the disc through windows, it says the "Disk is write protected." If I try to do this through Roxio Media Creator 9.1, it asks me to insert a CD-RW even though I have already inserted one. Any workarounds? I have tried looking for drivers for my burner, but I haven't found a x64 version of them. If you happen to find them please link me. Much appreciated.

On a side note: I can easily erase and burn to the disc under Windows XP on a different computer. My guess is that it is the driver...

System:
Vista Ultimate x64
Samsung SH-203B SB01 Firmware

Media:
Memorex CD-RW 4x

A:CD Burning Problems

try using 64bitdrivers.com: Nero Burning Rom DVD Writing Software for x64

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/98113-cd-burning-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My computer is a Optiplex GX When I first got it months ago I downloaded my Nero burning software to it and couldn t get it to run I originally thought that my computer didn t have a burner and thought I might have to remove the actual drive from my old computer and put it in the new one Because I didn t have enough knowledge about doing that I kept putting it off and just continued to use the Nero on my old computer I finally got around to asking someone if this really was the problem and found out that my new computer problems Burning CD does have a burner but I had accidently changed some option on how the computer would read my drives I fixed those problems this morning and I got my Nero up and running I downloaded some songs to test it out and was able to burn CD Burning problems the music but I can t get the CD to play on my home stereo CD burner I even tried to play it on my home DVD player which has played the other CD s that I have burned When I try to play it on my stereo it shows that there are tracks or that it is a quot wrong disc quot I know sometimes CD s have to be finalized and I also tried that but that didn t work either I checked the Nero manual to see if maybe I could change some settings and the only thing I recognize different from before are the tabs in the quot Compilation Info quot tabs The tab quot CDA Options quot lists settings Tempfile Reference Device Dependent Diskspace default I read the information for these settings and tried each one and still can t get an audible copy The next tab is the quot Burn quot tab and usually I would have access to these choices Determine Maximum Speed Simulation Write Finalize CD no further writing possible Now the quot Burn quot tab shows the only option as quot Write quot and it is checkmarked If someone can let me know what the heck I m doing wrong I would really appreciate it Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-problems.605177/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm having issues burning cds. I am able to successfully burn one or two music files to a cd-r, but the process fails when I try to burn even 4 or 5. I've tried with both Sonic and iTunes...

sidenote: I just recently perfomed a destructive system recovery, this is when the problems arose.

Any suggestions?

A:Burning problems...

Have you tried going into the Device Manager, find your burner, and right click on it. Choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install a new driver for you. Your driver may have gotten corrupted, when you had the destructive system recovery you mentioned.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-problems.509113/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hope that someone can help me. My friend needs for me to try to make a DVD from a video of her brothers funeral.. She already has the footage transferred to disc, and wanted to know if I could re-arrange it on another DVD. I loaded her files into my computer. There are 11 separate files. When I view them on the computer I can see the entire thing, each file is approximately 10 minutes long. However, when I try to burn a new DVD, I can only record the first twenty seconds of so from each of the files. I am using an HD DVD 640 recorder. Any suggestions? It's driving me nuts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.439711/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am currently using DVD Architect 4.5 and have been using it for a while.

But, I have started to have problems with burning disc. Everything I have tried I get the same error message below. Have not had any problems until the past week. All video are 1 hour or less and using the format for DVDE in Vegas Pro. Even the files I have saved in DVD Arch. will not burn.
I currently have 2 burners. 1. Plextor PX-760A and 2. HP dvd 940. When I try it in either drive I get the same error.
Can anyone offer any suggestion.
Thanks,
Jeff
ERROR MESSAGE:
'SFMMCX'-(17)
''-(0)
-'PLEXTOR DVDR PX-760A 1.07'-(0)
Module f:\source\sonic3\release\dvdarchitect\5.0\cddrvs\sfcd\sfmmcx.cpp Line 2144
A medium error occurred.
A Power Calibration Area error has occurred.
Command: 2a 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 20 00
Sense: 03 73 03
Info: 00 00 00 00
Specific: 00 00 00
Extra: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Can someone offer any assistance for this problem.

Tks,
Jeff

How you succesfully used this brand of disk before?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.784806/
Relevancy 42.14%

First of all i am trying to burn mpeg files with nero but each time i transfer them i get message saying that nero doesn t support them That s one problem burning dvd-r problems another is dvd-r burning problems that i used this program called cheetah burner and it burns my files but when i play them on types of dvd players one which on the box says that it plays dvd-r but both don t read the dvd The dvd burner i am using does also burn DVD-Rs so i don t think it s that because i bought it a short while ago with nero version but that version doesn t even have an option for burning my mpeg files that i can see I have also tried to use roxio to burn my files but it also says it can t read them I have already dvd-r burning problems wasted various DVD-Rs that i have burned using cheetah but can t play on my dvd players or my ps Could some one tell me what s wrong the files the dvd burner the programs or the dvd players nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-burning-problems.570708/
Relevancy 42.14%

Help Needed I recently upgraded to Windows XP and am trying to burn some cds from albums I ve Cd Burning Problems stored Cd Burning Problems on my hard drive All of the albums are stored on the hard drive in wma lossless format I stored the albums using Windows Media Player rip function When I Cd Burning Problems try to make a mix cd of songs from various albums the cd gets burned in the wma format and not the cda format my car and home player can read I have two cd recorders One is a LITE-ON LTR S and the other is a NU CDRW DVD DBW I was using Nero Express from Nero to burn cds although I get the same results when I try to burn using Media Player on either recorder Could someone PLEASE explain to me what I m doing wrong and show me how to burn them in cda format Then I can play them on my home cd player as well as in my car I would be extremely grateful TQUAD

A:Cd Burning Problems

Yes.WMP uses a proprietary format, which means...it's not necessarily compatible with anything other than a device which reads .wmv or .wma files. There are other programs which can read those files, but it's not because .wma or .wmv makes it easy .The .mp3 format is not a proprietary format and is capable of being read by various players and programs easily.Microsoft makes it easy to convert from .mp3 to .wma, but not from .wma to .mp3.And .cda files are just the recorded files on a CD. They cannot be copied to a system, they must be ripped from the CD and converted to a given music/file format.In essence, you should have ripped the music, using just about any other player other than WMP (MusicMatch, WinAmp, etc.) and you would have had your files in .mp3 format.There are programs that purport to convert from .wma to .mp3, but I haven't tried any.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=c...a+files+to+.mp3Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112571/cd-burning-problems/
Relevancy 42.14%

Have recently been suffering all sorts of issues burning dvds and cd-r's Problems Burning in the majority of cases they either physically eject or the message ' the medium has changed' appears when nothing has ejected and all goes downhill from here those that do appear to succeed are unreadable in either dvd players or in the dvd drive Burning Problems This is happening with Nero Convert x to dvd and also when burning music with itunes - i have confirmed that ASPI's are in order and have deleted and reinstalled firmware - and nothing - the physical burner appears fine - have tested with nero tools and nothing out of the ordinary so this leaved me pointing the finger at unwanted goblins messing about Burning Problems with the circuitary - apologies if this is possibly the wrong forum to place though thought this would be the best way to get to the bottom of it thanks for even reading this ramble - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEC Program Files Duel Systems DuelAdapter DuelService exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exeC Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exeC Program Files Duel Systems DuelAdapter DuelTray exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeH Program Files adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files PeerGuardian pg exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exeC Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exeC PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PCCMAIN EXEC WINDOWS notepad exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccVScan exeC Program Files Nero Nero Nero StartSmart NeroStartSmart exeC Program Files Nero Nero Core nero exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exeC Program Files Azureus Azureus exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Comm... Read more

A:Burning Problems

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, please be sure you have read and followed the Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/All advice given is taken at your own risk.I apologise for the wait, there are just more logs that the volunteers can get to as fast as they would like. I am not seeing anything that looks like malware in the HJT log. I am going to suggest this forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/65/audio-and-video/If that should be the wrong place, they will direct you to where they want you. Another option would be: http://www.nero.com/enu/support.htmlThanks for your patience.pskelleyBleepingComputer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143996/burning-problems/
Relevancy 42.14%

Ok, so I created a DVD, made the ISO and went to burn it.

Unfortunately, a DVD is only ~4.7gb (single layer) and my iso is more than that.

I don't have a dual layer burner.

What can I do?

Is there a way to burn a 'multipart' dvd without re-creating new ISOs?

Relevancy 42.14%

Currently I use Alcohol 120% and Nero. When I try and burn things such as a cd image it will go to the burning screen, but it just sits there and if I try and click on anything else my comp freezes, but this only happens sometimes. Could it be that I am using SP2 Beta?

A:Burning Problems.

first here is their forums

http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?

take a look through there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-problems.217011/
Relevancy 42.14%

In DVD Shrink I got this message after many successful burns C - - E burning problems DVD -MA X- - - Windows XP AMD Wow Process WinAspi File Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM ahead WinASPI File C Program Files x Nero Nero Core Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created AM NT-SPTI used Nero API version Using interface version Installed in C Program Files x Nero Nero Core Application ahead Nero - Burning Rom Internal Version Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral NVIDIA STRIPE DVD burning problems G nvrd Port ID DMA Off NVIDIA nvstor Port ID DMA Off NVIDIA nvstor Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map ATAPI DVD A DH A P E CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled NeroAPI PM Text File NeroBurnCommon cpp Line Message file not found Existing drivers File Drivers ASPI SYS Ver size bytes created PM File Drivers PXHELP SYS Ver a size bytes created AM Prassi Veritas driver for win K Registry Keys HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion WinLogon When I burn with Nero Recode DVD burning problems however everything works but there was an error burning layer whatever that is Thanks for any help nbsp

Don't know if we are able to assist with this issue. You are not asking about piracy, but the only reason to use a combination of dvdshink and nero recode is to copy movies.

I've reported the thread to the moderators. If they give the ok, then I will do my best to asssit you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.852763/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey im gonna keep this plane and simple.

Description of problem:

I cannot copy anything basicly, DVDs everything. I use All types of discs, like DVD-R and CD-R. Any help would be thankful

My Burner:
Is a LITE-ON Model = DVDRW SOHW-1653S

Logfiles & Information:
Logfiles and information

Scan the file if you wish, but there are no spyware,shareware, or virus in it. Just two simple documents, of logfiles, one of Nero and the other from Alchohal 120%

Again any help would be aprichiated.

JOHNWILL - Moderator Closed my last topic, i want to point out that i never said i was copying movies and games like that, i take a media course in school, and i need to get my DVDRW to work, so i can bring in my animation project, or anything else i do. When i say Games I mean flash games, or mods, for things like BF2. Not Illgal Piracy.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi not sure if this is in the right area but just joined so apologies if not Im having a wee bit trouble burning cd's with both Itunes and Windows Media Player Firstly Itunes - I get a playlist ready to burn insert a blank cd and click CD Problems Burning Burn Have never had any problems in the couple of years I've had my laptop but now when I CD Burning Problems start the burn the little status bar does the 'Initiating' part then says its writing the first track Nothing happens for about - mins the status bar does not move then the disk ejects and i get a message saying Error has occured When this started i began using Windows Media Player to burn cd's which worked for a couple days Now when i hit burn it comes up with 'Inspecting' next to the first track and nothing happens even if i leave it for half and hour Im just starting out as a DJ and have hundreds of songs waiting to be written to CD's so this is a major roadblock as you can imagine I can plug my ipod into my decks but theres only so many - MB songs an GB Ipod can hold My mate came round one night with loads of his cds and spent a couple hours putting hundreds of his tracks onto my laptop so Im thinking maybe thats buggered up my disk drive or something as it was after that the problem started Any help with this would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/software/195040-cd-burning-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I put in a blank DVD and it tells me to put in a blank DVD. I had burned a small clip I have made a few weeks ago, but now I can't. I have made a CD with the burner, and it plays CD's. I think something got turned off am not sure. I have vista....

any help would be great.

doc

Relevancy 42.14%

recently my dvd burner has problems dvd burning had problems and gives an error message after strating to burn any ideas Windows XP IA WinAspi dvd burning problems File Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created AM ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created AM Nero API version Using interface version Installed in C Program Files Ahead Nero Application ahead Nero - Burning Rom Internal Version d Recorder lt SONY DVD RW DRU- A gt Version b - HA TA - Adapter driver lt gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral IC N ATCS - atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral MAT A UJDA DVD CDRW atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map MAT A UJDA DVD CDRW E CDRom SONY DVD RW DRU- A F CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled NeroAPI PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation started PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation completed no file modified PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files sorted PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer SONY DVD RW DRU- A running PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM StartDrmRecording RealRec ImageRec Copies DRM Beginning burn process PM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder SONY DVD RW DRU- A Media type DVD R PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Disc not writeable Insert writeable disc Medium in drive DVD R Medium required by compilation DVD R RW DVD-R RW DVD-R DL DVD R DL PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks SONY DVD RW DRU- A -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder SONY DVD RW DRU- A for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files started PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files completed PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at PM SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x EB Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY ILLEGAL REQUEST Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data xAD x x x x x x x x x x x Sense Data x x x x x x x x x x x x x x PM Text File DVDR cpp Line Drive SONY DVD RW DRU- A Book Type request gen DVD-ROM write to EEPROM Changing the Book Type was finished successfully return code PM CDR - File DVDR cpp Line Book Type set to DVD-ROM PM Text File DVDPlusRW cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes PM TRANSFER - File Reader cpp Line Error reading data PM Text File Reader cpp Line Exception value - PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Generating DVD high compatibility borders PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Generating DVD borders completed successfully... Read more

The wnaspi32.dll file is a 32-bit dll that provides device driver support for various CD/DVD burner drives. This dll is part of the Nero Burning ROM software.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nero?

Maybe try some different burning software.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problems.46865/
Relevancy 42.14%

Please could anyone explain what this message is,Sense: 08 ASC: 00 ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)
-------------------------------------------------------
Px.dll: 4.0.36.500
pxafs.dll: 4.0.36.500
pxdrv.dll: 1.2.9.0
PxMas.dll: 4.0.36.500
pxsfs.dll: 4.0.36.500
PxWave.dll: 4.0.36.500
PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3

Have used 5 different types of dvd but with no joy!

You've left out everything we need to know.
Computer Specs, including OS?
Burning Program?
DVD Media?
Where did this message come from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.932830/
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently started a new job as a picture taker that requires me to take several thousand photos, combine them into several pdf files and burn them all onto a single DVD disc.

Here are the materials I'm using:
Discs - Dynex DVD-R 8x 4.7GB
Burning Software - Nero Burning Rom 7

Total Disc Space Used on Disc - 3672mb

I burned the disc as I have done before in the past and everything works as normal. I've been burning it at 4X speed which normally takes about 10 minutes. After the burn is completed, I can check the disc in my D: drive under My Computer and everything shows up completely fine. However, when I put this same disc into another computer, it comes up blank.

Any ideas on what might be causing problem. I've already wasted 5 DVDs trying to get this to work and still no luck.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

A:Problems burning PDF's to DVD

How many computers have you tested this disk on? If it's just one there may be a problem with that computer's disk drive. Silly question maybe but has the other computer(s) got a DVD and not just a CD drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-pdfs-to-dvd.748094/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi im trying to burn an iso image file. I have tried two programs, nero and easy cd creator 6. On nero it gives the following error, track following error burn process failed @ 16X. I have dropped the speed down from I believe 24X. On easy cd creator it says E80004005 unspecified error. I have windows xp, a yamaha crw3200E and also a hp dvd writer dvd300i. If i'm not mistaken the yamaha is set to master and the dvd to slave. If I have left any thing out please let me know and I will give more details. Thanks a lot need help on this one.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hey im gonna keep this plane and simple.

Description of problem:

I cannot copy anything basicly, DVDs,games,music, everything. I use All types of discs, like DVD-R and CD-R. Any help would be thankful

My Burner:
Is a LITE-ON Model = DVDRW SOHW-1653S

Logfiles & Information:
Logfiles & Information

Scan the file if you wish, but there are no spyware,shareware, or virus in it. Just two simple documents, of logfiles, one of Nero and the other from Alchohal 120%

Again any help would be aprichiated.

A:DVD/CD-R Burning Problems

I'm going to keep this simple too. We don't assist in illegal activities, like copying Movies, Games, etc.

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-cd-r-burning-problems.410121/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm having problems burning Cds with Nero. The process nearly always ends in failure although burning a DVD worked fine. I'm thinking Bad disks or firmware.
I've no idea how to fix firmware though

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 245 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3583 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476835 MB, Free - 257066 MB; D: Total - 476835 MB, Free - 328615 MB; F: Total - 715402 MB, Free - 518713 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., M61PME-S2P
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 42.14%

I have always had trouble finding a consistent brand of DVD RW that always works in my laptop. I have an HP Pavilion zd8213ea, and I burn using Nero. For example I need to clear hard disk space so gathered around 4GB of music files that I wanted to archive and store on DVD. I burnt these using Nero and the process seemed to go perfectly well, the data was validated and the disc popped out. I burnt this data to a Philips DVD+R. However when I put the DVD disc back into the machine, it isn't recognised in the D: drive.

Is this a common problem? I need to clear hard disk space so need an effective backup solution and as I have a DVD writer I'd like to use that as often as possible!

Thanks for reading

Hi just wanted to bump this up, because I am wondering is it usual to have to go through a trial and error process when finding the right DVD RW's to use? The same for CDRW's?

I just don't want to keep buying different brands if they don't work, but am totally confused that Nero said all was OK and now my drive won't recognise the disc when I put it back in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.763241/
Relevancy 42.14%

ive had a strange problem occur.about a week ago,my dvd/cd drive started only burning cds.when i try to burn a dvd disc,it said in effect"no media found,please insert a disc".i tried updating the firmware,uninstalled and re-installed nero,even tried a different burning software,but the problem remains.so i broke down and bought a new burner.but the same damn thing is happening!cds will burn,but dvd's wont even be detected.i tried different brands of dvd media,updated firmware,but the problem persists.so it must be something to do with my computer.cana nyone help at all.i sure need it,thanks in advance

can it read DVDs period? also list any actions you have done b4 the problem that migth have caused it. included minor details cuz they might help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.670836/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I m new here I m having problems trying to make an MP cd for my Burning problems... car cd player through nero My computer came with roxio basic which doesn t allow the making of MP formatted cd s so I DL d nero I ve tried burning on the fly I ve tried creating an image and burning tried slowing down the write speed exiting all programs prior to burning my norton av icon is always in the task bar but autoprotect is off It s always been like that and it doesnt show in the windows task manager so that s ok right I also unchecked quot enable buffer under run protection Burning problems... quot under quot choose recorder quot so I could test and burn It will test sucessfully but still won t burn It ll just say burn process failed and that s it I saved the log files but I dont understand the gibberish in them I ve burned cds sucessfully with roxio maybe or failed but out of like tries everyone has failed with nero I also dl d NTI which didnt work either with a few attempts and audio cd maker tried once and failed I m lost any help is appreciated thanks my cdrw drive is HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B I got a P gig with XP home nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I have been trying to burn a collection of photos to a dvd+rw as a data disc. Both Nero or Recordnow are not working for me. they all stop and says "Could not perform start of Disc-at-once"

I have a hp dv1000. My CD/DVD Drive is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K14. How do i know if i have the right discs? How do i know to use DVD-R/DVD-RW or DVD+R/DVD+RW???

Relevancy 42.14%

Color=Darkred I just bought this Notebook. I burnt 3 cds on it. and Now i get An error stating it cannot buffer the information needed to be burned on the disc, i tried everything trying to get it back and working. But nothing seems to work ANyone Help?

Please note that CD burning issues belongs in the storage forum. Thread has been moved. Please use proper forums in the future.

Thanks,
~StormBringer~

A:Problems burning CDS

What burning program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-burning-cds.17326/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am having problems burning DVD S When I put a DVD Movie to burn in Drive D then a Blank DVD RW into drive E I keep getting a error message saying quot Please Insert a Blank rewriteable DVD quot I tried new DVD RW DVD S and kept getting the same message any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance I have Record Now Sonic Version and windows XP Below is the responce I got from sonic I am using Sony amp Memorex DVD RW and How do you tell which media your Burner prefers RW or RW- pat quot The problem may be in the media itself Are you using the correct media for your drive Example are you using -RW media when your burner only ? Problems DVD Burning uses RW Are you doing an exact copy and trying to burn a DVD R to DVD-R or vice versa Also make sure that you are using the branded media recommended by the manufacturer Generic or quot cheap quot media has been known to cause a fair share of wasted discs and money for Sonic users If you type in the model of your burner into the following link it Burning DVD Problems ? can tell you what kind of media you can burn to and what the best brands are to use usually nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

HI, im new to this forum and I have a question. I have a Pentium 4 2ghz 256 mb of ram and a CD-RW&DVD player in 1 and whenever I burn music cd's off it, you can hardly hear the songs it statics and fades in and out and sometimes dont even play? Sorry I don't know the brand name of the burner but its a gateway pc. Any help???? thanks

A:CD-Burning Problems

Hi and welcome. Do store bought music cds play correctly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-problems.292893/
Relevancy 42.14%

I was recently burning a Adobe Illustartor File to a CD using Windows XP, while buring I cancelled the burn. Since then every time I try to burn files to CD, the file that I cancelled (druing the burn) always comes up in the "files to be written to CD" section and gets burnt to the CD along with other files that I am actually trying to burn. I have tried deleting this file from the "files to be written to CD" section but when I do this an error message appears that says that I cannot delete the file as there is an "open program". I have restarted and shut down the computer many times but I still cannot remove this file. How do I delete this file from the "files to be written to CD" section?

Thanks

Matt

A:Burning a CD Problems

Welcome,

Try deleting it in Safemode

1. Restart your computer.
2. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-cd-problems.534132/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi having probs with burnt dvds they play to about half way the start skipping and pausing thought it mayby dvd burner but tried another one and done same thing any help would be great thanks.
amd xp 2200
256mb ram
xp home sp 2

Relevancy 42.14%

Problem burning cd with a Lite-on LTR-24102B

Operating system is XP at home
will read cd's but not burn.
Need help.
Please e mail any suggestions.
[email protected]

Hod said:

Operating system is XP at home
will read cd's but not burn.
Need help.
Please e mail any suggestions.
[email protected] to expand...

It's time for a new combo burner Hod. They are not expensive, and this will save you a lot of time and grief

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-problems.69214/
Relevancy 42.14%

Can anyone tell me after you burn a disc some computers can read it and some cant. I thought maybe if you burnt a disc you have to read it on a burner, but this is not the case. I have tried to read it on an ordinary cdrom and a cdrw to no avail. An I doing something wrong?

Relevancy 42.14%

i have a hp dvd writer 300n.i am unable to create any audio discs in my cdrw.it does not recognise the blank disc! i have checked the imapi cd burning com service and this shows a stopped status.i try to restart this but it always reverts back to stopped status.i presume this is why my pc does not burn my disc.i have record now software installed only.by the way, the recordable drive play dvd and cd audios ok....any help please..much appreciated.

Hiya and welcome

I've moved you to Software for more response

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-problems.286089/
Relevancy 42.14%

Have downloaded several films in rar-format and have been able to burn
them onto a DVD without problems. My last two attempts didn't work and
I can't work out why.
After decompressing the rar-files I end up with a VIDEO_TS file,
video_01_0...video_03_4 files, same files with BUP extensions and the
same again with IFO extensions.
One of the films work on my DVD player on my PC if I just stick it in
the drive and let it self start, the other one doesn't start at all.
None of the films work in an 'ordinary' DVD player.
Any suggestions? Corrupt files? Wrong format on the files? Burning
software failing somewhere?
What files should I look for, ie what files are definitely needed to get playable DVD_

Cheers Ollie

A:Problems burning to a DVD

Where exactly did you download the films from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-to-a-dvd.496614/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello nbsp I have a HP Notebook laptop a burning cd Problems computer that is about months old It has Windows Problems burning a cd and an Intel i microprocessor nbsp I am trying to take the audio portion of a music concert DVD and burn it to a CD But I am having all sorts of problems nbsp Initially a family friend who is more knowledgeable than I am tried to do it but it wouldn't work Using a DVD audio extractor program he successfully extracted the audio portion of the DVD He created OGG files chapters in a file on my computer's hard drive The songs play on my computer so I know that portion of this process was successful nbsp The problems started when he tried to burn a CD nbsp He tried using iTunes but it wouldn't work Then after playing around with my computer a bit he tried something else The set-up phase appeared to work but we got a message stating that it would take more than hours to burn the CD a little more than hours of music divided into chapters Is this normal We aborted the process and he went home nbsp A few days later I tried Problems burning a cd it myself I really don't know what I am Problems burning a cd doing because I've never attempted to burn a CD before But I watched a HP Youtube vidoe on how to do this I loaded the blank CD and selected Windows Media Player I repeatedly kept trying to move the OGG files from my desktop to the Windows Media Player window I tried dragging the OGG files to both the drag items here to create a burn list and the Music library But it wasn't working The OGG files were not getting transferred to the burn list and they kept bouncing back to my desktop It is almost as if something was blocking the OGG files from being transferred to the burn list nbsp Can anyone help me How do I successfully burn a CD in this situation nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Problems burning a cd

Hi, Please use what ever software you are using to extract as MP3 files and you can burn to music CD or try the following products:     http://www.freemake.com/how_to/how_to_convert_ogg_to_mp3_free (Note: I have not tested them). Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Problems-burning-a-cd/td-p/5637580
Relevancy 42.14%

Whilst I am burning a DVD project on Nero Startsmart containing video files avi and mpg what I m about to explain can happen at different times while burning project onto a disc a message pops up telling me quot Burn Process Aborted Transcoding of Problems DVD Burning Videos Failed quot I have no idea what has happened and looked on the projects log file and it came up with this information INFORMATION cause bad format source DVDProcessor description Invalid Packets found in VOBU DumpExceptionInformation Caught SEH Exception xe d during encoding ERROR cause nmc processing exception source VOBS oGuardedProcessing description Exception during encoding I have no idea what this info means If someone could advise me on what I could do to correct this problem as it happens everytime I burn a DVD project onto a disc or tell me of any free downloadable DVD burning software free of viruses that would help me make my disc I would be very grateful Answers ASAP Thanks for your help in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.411254/
Relevancy 42.14%

I burned a CD full of images and reformated my computer, and re-installed a bunch of stuff. Then I popped the disc back in and discovered it had been burned incorrectly and it's not reading ANYTHING. Is there any way I can retrieve those images from my disc?

Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Mac OS X Processor GHz Intel Core Duo Memory GB MHz DDR SDRAM I can play burned Burning problems dvd s and pre-recorded DVD s on my Mac but when I Burning problems go to burn I get the following messages quot The disc can t be burned because the device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media quot quot Burning the disc failed because an unexpected Burning problems error occured error code X E quot When a blank disc is loaded the Mac makes a few noises and ejects the disc I use Verbatim X and was advised that my Mac can only take X I have tried TDK - X and it is accepted and shows on the screen as quot untitled dvd quot but when I transfer the chapters to the quot untitled dvd quot it goes through all the processes and the dvd ejects When I go to replay nothing happens and the disc ejects I hope the above is not too convoluted and somebody can assist before I take it in to be serviced Thanks in advance Niloc nbsp

Not very familiar with Macs I'm afraid, but for all things CD and DVD related head over to http://club.cdfreaks.com and someone who knows more than me will point you in the right direction.

Sláinte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-problems.827302/
Relevancy 42.14%

After a factory reboot i can't burn anything to disc. I'm using nero 7 ultra. I can transcode but at the burning stage it comes up error. has anybody got any ideas???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-problems.564439/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

Does anyone else have these problems when burning a move (.avi / .mpg )to DVD.

1, Frame pausing every second or so for a split second.

2, Lip Sync running out

3, Chapter select only working on first page menu

It seems what ever i try being auto select chapter or no chapter, write at full speed or slow speed i never get what i consider a original copy even though the film plays perfect on the pc.

Is this inherent of copying or is there a program that works as my Nero6 with Vision Express3 doesn't give the results i want.

I have also tried many different disc's all producing the same problems.

Hope someone can enlighten me

Cheers.

A:Burning Problems !!!!

when i burn AVIs i lose qulity and yes loses some lip syncing aswell but no Frame pausing every second or so for a split second.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-problems-86309.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi
I've been trying to burn a few AVI files to dvd using NeroVision and am having a few problems.

When I play the burnt dvd on my dvd player, the sound starts to become out of sync with the video. This starts about 15 mins into the dvd, then gradually gets worse.

I've been using nerovision for ages and havent had this problem until recently. It started not long after I reformatted my pc and reinstalled everything. I'm wondering if there is a codec or something that I need to install to get it all to work fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is happening here?
I would really appreciate any help!

Thanks heaps
Netrom

mmm. how big is the file (avi) did nerovision have trouble encoding the file and what type of dvd are you using. have you checked that all the options are ok under the more and also with the options (before you press burn make sure smartburn is on and that if your using + disks that you enable the extended write ou for + disks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-problems.435075/
Relevancy 42.14%

Lately,i've been having problems burning any music.Ive used Windows Media Player and Real Player.

While using Real Player,I was trying to make a copy of a cd for someone and it took almost 15-20 minutes just to copy one song to my library.

in the lower right hand corner it had the following listed.
RA10 320kbps Speed:0.2X

I have no idea how to fix this problem.Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this and how to fix it?

A:Problems burning a cd.

Forget using Real Player for this task, get CDex, it's a free CD ripper, it'll make short work of ripping CD's. If you just want to copy a complete CD, it's much easier to use your burning software, I use Nero, others use EZ-CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-a-cd.204336/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have recently bought a Sony AW-G170AB2, after my old drive died, but I'm having problems burning dvds with it.
When I put a dvd in the drive, windows calls it a CD Drive and refuses to let me create the dvd.
I am able to read cds and dvds with the drive though.

Any help is greatly appreciated

The Sony AW-G170AB2 is a rebagged Lite-On drive... I suggest trying another CD/DVD writer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problems.70847/
Relevancy 42.14%

I've been trying to burn files onto CD-R's and haven't been able to do so using my 3-year old NEC DVD-RW ND-1300A drive, on Windows XP. On Nero, I keep getting many errors: power calibration error, invalid write state, could not perform EndTrack, session fixation error, and could not perform fixation. I've even tried to reformat my own computer, make sure nothing else was running, and I've even tried to disable start up type but to no avail. All CDs and DVDs run fine; there's no problem with reading any CD/DVD. I used to be able to burn CDs in earlier years but I can't now for some reason...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I plugged in a new external DVD-RW drive and it appears to work; any ideas on what may be wrong with my current DVD-RW drive?

Your old NEC is worn out...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-problems.84223/
Relevancy 42.14%

every time i make a cd there's clicking noises on most of the songs. i recently got win xp and i'm using nero 5.5.9.9. can someone please help me out?

A:burning problems

Hard to say without hearing them, but it would be useful to know something about your system. I'm going to have to guess that you have something running that's interfearing with the burning process. Have you tried burning them at as slow a speed as your drive supports?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-problems.122279/
Relevancy 42.14%

im not to sure if this belongs in the multimedia section, because it pertains to burning, but it might be more about my CD/DVD drive...

anyways i've done a lot of searching and nothing seems to solve my problem, i used to be able to burn dvds no problem, but recently it has stopped working. When i place a blank dvd into my drive nothing happens, i look into my computer and it just says there is no disk in the drive.

ive already tried uninstalling the drives and restarting the computer and fixing the .reg, but nothing seems to work, ive also tried updating the drive

any help? thanks in advance

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello:
if i copy (rip?) an album of Broadway songs onto my computer (no problem) but then want to burn (?) just one of the songs (one track) onto a new blank c.d. i cannot do it ... i get the entire album copied onto my new blank cd... i do all the correct things -highlight the individual track , etc....
i have even started the individual song and clicked 'burn' but it still copies entire album !!!
i have been able to do this in the past with a different Broadway that had been ripped with many 'tracks' but not with one particular album ... any ideas? i am using Windows Media Auto Vir.10.... WINDOWS XP SP2
thanks inadvance....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-to-blank-c-d-problems.612534/