Windows Support Forum

DVD burning freezing during burning

Q: DVD burning freezing during burning

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DVD burning freezing during burning

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 79.12%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 78.69%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 77.83%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey all, I'm fairly new to this computer world... and like all newbies I'm stuck and can't fix my problem. I have Win XP with the up-to date media player. When I try to burn a Cd from my play list it does its inspection, then converts... but right as it starts to copy my driver opens up and with in 2 min. the whole computer freezes. I try to shut down the application before it goes into freeze mode.... but it never works. I know that I am capable of burning Cd's because I have done some already. If anyone could help I would be greatly appreciative.
~~~~~~~Thanks~~~~~~
Patricia

Relevancy 76.54%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Please help I dont know what could be wrong here I recently upgraded to an Athlon x processor and after I got the new motherboard in and everything working problems freezing CD/DVD burning I have stumbled across a horrible problem when burning CD s CD/DVD burning problems freezing I couldnt seem to even read from my DVD drive When I try to burn CDs DVDs using Nero the progress indicator will get to a certain percentage and then stop When I try to cancel out the program is frozen and all I can do to get out is disconnect my power supply for the computer I thought it may be the DVD burner as it was about years old so I bought a new one Same problem except the DVD CDs read now but wont burn I have tried other burning packages which dont seem to freeze but always result in an unreadable CD I detached the other DVD drive on the computer and upgraded the firmware for my new burner Same problem Could it be the CD/DVD burning problems freezing drive is not getting enough power All I have on the comp is a firewire PCI card PCI express video card internal HD and floppy the burner and a fan controller I think the PSU is W I cant seem to find any problems that would make this happen Please help nbsp

A:CD/DVD burning problems freezing

Please please can someone help I need to burn CD's for a customer and I can't!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-burning-problems-freezing.49429/
Relevancy 76.11%

I thought it was the software but apparently it's not that. I was using Nero 6 and I thought that it was the problem so I uninstalled it and starting using Burnatonce and it's doing that same thing. XP Pro SP1 with 512Mb of RAM

A:Anyone have problems with PC freezing while burning CDs?

don't know
but i would look at p/s and ram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-have-problems-with-pc-freezing-while-burning-cds.226118/
Relevancy 76.11%

I just bought an I O Magic Dual Layer x External DVD -RW burner and with it came packaged Nero Express Suite I installed Nero Vision Express so I could take a movie in avi format and burn it to DVD to be played in most DVD players The process starts and it transcodes the movie but when it goes to write the lead-in it just stops working It doesn t quit or give me an error message it just doesn t go anywhere When I pull the DVD-R out I believe they are Maxell x which my roommate uses and they work just fine there s a thin line around the center of the DVD-r I can t seem to find a firmware update for the burner anywhere besides the one for the Vaio I am currently away from home but I have the Nero Info Tool and freezing DVD writing Burning before I can post that log later But are there any suggestions as to why it just quits at the lead-in nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hey all...

Every time I attempt to run Nero Burning ROM (whether it's the bundled or downloaded version) it freezes up my computer.

Is anyone else having this problem?

A:Nero Burning ROM Freezing Issues

Hi, welcome. I'm assuming you have the latest version; I was getting some freezes prior to 5.5.6.4, but that's all taken care of. You might try getting Nero HelpTool off their download page, it has a number of things to walk through if you're getting freezes.

Also, if you want to post back here, please explain when the freeze happens in the burn process, and what you're trying to burn, and what kind of disc you're trying to make (does it freeze on all kinds?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-burning-rom-freezing-issues.70719/
Relevancy 75.25%

My OS is Sony Vaio vista home premium.I have edited a film in WMM and have tried several times to burn it to a DVD. All's well until about 40% of burning then it freezes. I have tried a variation of discs. Any ideas please?

Relevancy 74.39%

My PC ASUS P G with G RAM nVidia FX AGP graphics card Compro TV Tuner Card XP Pro SP Background Last Wednesday i installed a new TV Tuner Card System was Smell, Screen Burning Freezing & PC Black fine til about days ago The problem The other day i was working on my PC and started smelling a mild electrical burning smell The smell faded before i could figure out what it is but came Burning Smell, Black Screen & PC Freezing back again about minutes later followed closely by my system freezing and my monitor going black I Burning Smell, Black Screen & PC Freezing had to pull the power cord out the back of the system to turn it Burning Smell, Black Screen & PC Freezing off After a few minutes i turned it back on again and it appeared to boot fine About minutes after using it the same thing happened again and the screen went black At this point i figured the problem was most probably my AGP Card so i got the case apart and took it out After changing my monitor back to the on-board graphics SiS chipset the system appeared to boot fine again I used it for probably hrs of use after this and was thinking the problem was solved until this morning when i smelt that burning smell again followed by the entire system freezing up This time though the screen did NOT go black so i assume the onboard graphics are ok still At this point today i removed the TV Tuner card rebooted and it loaded fine I ve not used it much this this happened I m not sure what actually caused these problems or if they are more serious than they appear Notes I have looked at the AGP card amp the TV Tuner card for marks or signs of burns and neither have them The problems all started days after i installed the TV Tuner Card in PCI Slot Is it possible that the TV Card was the catalyst of the problems and has actually caused damage to the AGP Card Does anybody have any insight into this type of problem nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 73.96%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 73.96%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 73.96%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 73.96%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi This one has got me amp i need help My problem first started when i got myself a new amp checked by shop Sata gig external hard drive i put my movies on this drive and descovered the sata connection would not work no new hardware found but i v got sata amp on motherboard amp pc Errors, freezing or start ? movie Burning of Default Keeps missing can cope with requirements but was not fussed as the usb was fine I burned a movie and it freezes for a second or all together movie had already been burned without errors i Default Burning Errors, Keeps freezing or missing start of movie ? though it must be the new sata drive but i moved the same movie to one of the internal drives but still have problems so i said fcuk it and done a format thinking this would sort it out but no its now missing the start of the movie on upstairs DVD player and wont run in downstairs DVD player but works just fine in both DVD drives on PC Then i though it must be the burner so i bought a new burner and its just the same coasters so far iam using same Media Codec pack as always with no other changes Pc Info Windows XP SP Bios AT AT Compatible AMD Athlon XP ghs Memory mb DVD NEC DVD RW ND- A OLD DVD PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- S NEW External E-Sata WXT-E quot NEW Note just noticed that on CheckIT Diagnostics that my Model No on Drive E says Model No NEC DVD RW ND- A Model No PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- S amp again on drive J Model No NEC DVD RW ND- A Model No PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- S Checked master amp slave amp ok All other checks on CheckIT Diagnostics look alright Anyone know where iam going wrong please nbsp

A:Default Burning Errors, Keeps freezing or missing start of movie ?

Anyone any ideas on this one ?

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-burning-errors-keeps-freezing-or-missing-start-of-movie.670465/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 68.37%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 55.04%

im running windows xp. when i try to burn a file to dvd all i get is a message saying destination folder is the same as source folder. please can someone help im getting so frustrated.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have recorded a couple of things off t.v using sony giga pocket the files are mpegs and I was wondering what do I need to do to view them on a dvd player can I just burn mpegs straight on and what free programs are there to do the burning?
if possible i would like a menu on the DVD
Thanks in advance
Ryan

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a quick question about DVD burning. I have a 4X external TDK DVD Burner that I really love but per TDK that stopped making the 4X +R blank DVD's that I used and I can't find them anywhere on the internet.
I bought a pack of 10 Office Depot 4X +R blank DVD's to try and would like to know how much of a movie do you have to watch to find out if the burn was ok or not. I never had a problem at all with the TDK's. I burned a movie using the Office Depot blank DVD and watched afew minutes of it and it seemed fine.

Relevancy 55.04%

i was burning dvd's fine and now all of a sudden it spits out the dvd before it closes it. it gets to 98% and says it's finishing but then it spits it out and says it's finished. it plays on my pc but not on my tv dvd player.

Relevancy 55.04%

I was wondering if I should use DVD Fab Platinum or DVD Shrink for DVD backup and burning.

A:DVD Burning Help

DVD Shrink isn't updated/supported anymore so it won't let you back up the latest dvd's. DVD Fab is updated regularly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-help.82517/
Relevancy 55.04%

Does anyone use a good program that can do good quality DVD burns with nice menu's etc?

I have nero but wondered if there are any others out there?

Cheers

Gus

A:Burning Dvd's

There are many.

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,1874,582756,00.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.495516/
Relevancy 55.04%

What is happening if I am trying to burn a CD and the CD is not being recognized. I have burned CDs before and I have placed several other CD's in the tray, but is it still not recognized. Any suggestions?
Thank you.
VP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.794241/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a question. There was a program you could download online that would allow you to burn dvds (like the kind that you rent, not buy in a store) but Im not exactly sure if its available anymore. The kind of dvds that you rent are at a higher gb , like around 9 something, but the ones you buy are usually around 4 or 4.5 gbs. The program would compress or squeeze the file down so you could burn it to a cd. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Any help?

A:dvd burning

As far as I know rental movie DVDs are the same as the ones you can buy in a store. They can be up to about 9 GB in size.

They also usually ave encrypted copy protection. Discussing methods or programs for breaking encryption and copy protection is against TSG rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.649482/
Relevancy 55.04%

I scanned copied and saved all my pictures to various CD s I had over mbs when I finished I run XP I have a cd and a DVD drive I use Nero I copied the first CD to my computer and copied it to DVD I continued with Burning DVD+R on each CD untill done I was told something about if I checked multisession button something whatever I don t know I clicked it I had to at that point Anyway I have mbs of photos on Burning on DVD+R this DVD R They all show up on my XP computer and on my Vista laptop However in Nero it says I have used only mbs of space odd Ok that is the first mystery There are more mysteries to this story On our main DVD player only the first burning session photos show in the menu On my DVD player in the bedroom only the folders that start with numbers ie or show So my intention was to keep adding to this DVD until it was full well I await your words of wisdom Thank you nbsp

A:Burning on DVD+R

Doing multisession burning can be a problem, especially when you try to read the disc on a regular DVD player. Copy all of the files from the CD's to your hard drive, then do one non-multisesson burn to a DVD.

If you want to try and use all the space, wait until you have about 4.3GB of files before you burn a DVD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-on-dvd-r.653716/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just got a Radeon X1800XL and it is running at a mind bogling average temp of 87 C. Catalyst says it's running at about Mid-Level High and I've checked the card and the fan is running. Sometimes Catalyst gliches and says it's about 30 C. Any ideas of what to do /or what's happening? The card doesn't glich or anything but I'd rather not burn it out.

A:Burning Up

87C doesn't sound good even for a high performance card.
If I were you I'd first try to update to the newest catalyst drivers as it could just be buggy drivers displaying wrong temps, but it could allso be that the sensor on the card isn't very precise or has a very high bias.

Another reason for a high temp could be that you don't have enough airflow inside your case, try removing the side panel from the case and see if that helps.
If it does then you do have an airflow problem and should consider installing exstra fans inside your case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-up.41441/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a brand new Dell E310 at home. I tryed to burn a DVD, and it said that there are copyright laws on the disc. Is there any ways that i can get around this?

A:DVD burning

Which programs are you using? DVD's contain content protection so you can't just drag the files off the DVD or do a disc to disc copy.

Check out these sites for info:
www.videohelp.com
www.doom9.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning.44466/
Relevancy 55.04%
Q: burning

got a question about cd burning. I have a Que! Fire CD-R external drive that i use on my laptop. I want to connect it to my PC. The PC isnt recognizing it though. Ive got a Compaq with Win XP on it. It should be plugged in right, I'm using the 1394 port. Its plugged in and the drive doesnt show up on my computer. Also, it came with Adaptec CD Creator 4. When trying to load it, Windows XP says it has a conflict with it. Should I just go out and buy Creator 5 which is for XP then?? Help is appreciated, that way I can get burnin away!

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I own a Dell (P4 processor, Windows XP, 1GB RAM) and I want to put a DVD burner in it. Can I just buy any burner and install it, or are there compatibility issues?

Relevancy 55.04%

I was referred to this site by NERO to see if I can get some help with a technical issue I keep getting while trying to burn DVD s I have a LG external burner connected with a USB cable checkd three different cables also and am using Nero burning software I have attempted numerous times to burn videos onto DVD and keep getting dropped out It has gotten to the point I am using DVD-RW s trying to determine what is causing the drop Please! DVD burning Help with in communication It will get about minutes into the burn writes primary lead in files then freezes I have tried burning at all speed ranges from X all the way to X and it makes no difference it hits the same spot Help with DVD burning Please! and drops communication A check of device driver was done and it shows ok A check of of speed was done and I am sitting just around - mb when it is communicating with the burner The disc are coming back as being good and quality is good Nero tech has reached the end of their options and without saying it point blank has said that something in my XP program is terminating communication to the burner possibly a conflict of a built-in copywrite protection I currently have the service paks loaded in and am running media which I use frequently for webcast of the supercross races I am hoping to find out how to deactivate any Microsoft protection devices that may be causing interruption of the burns I am not trying to profit from what i am doing just trying to get family videos of my kids riding and some back-ups for a few movies Sorry for the ramble I tried including as much info as possible and any tips to eliminate or track this problem will be greatly appreciated Thanks Chris nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-dvd-burning-please.44722/
Relevancy 55.04%

This is a hardware problem just not quite a direct computer problem I have had my system on a battery backup since I had an APC Ups Burning Keeps Out that worked flawlessly for years It finally died and i bought a APC XS This has a USB connection and the quot cool quot software that monitors your electrical connection The first one died after about days It popped the house circut breaker when it went When you turn it on the overload light comes on immediatly and the alarm sounded I had it replaced under warrenty The second one died the same way in days now the third one has died also I have hooked the computer up the same way as the old WHAT AM I DOING WRONG A little more detail I have the computer monitor printer scanner plugged into a power strip so I can shut them all off I have a phone answering machine dsl router port switch and a cradle for my wireless mouse all plugged in these are left on all the Ups Keeps Burning Out time according to the APC software I am using to watts The XS can supply watts All Ups Keeps Burning Out three units dies at night when the computer was off and the other things were on I did a quick google search did find one other person with a similar situation but am unable to contact him I plan on buying another unit from another manufacturer But I would like some comments first Any Help appreciated Steve L nbsp

A:Ups Keeps Burning Out

Steve,

With the demise of three units to your credit, I would be suspicious of what's going on with your house electrical...spikes, or whatever.

Contact your power company and ask them to put a monitor on your line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ups-keeps-burning-out.415375/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a dmg file on a pc that I want to burn to a cd and run on a Mac. Do I just need to burn it to a cd or do I need to make it an iso of some sort?

A:Burning DMG

Treated like a real disk. Can be created with Disk Copy, burnt to CD or mounted as a normal volume. The dmg2iso program will convert a .DMG file to an .ISO file which can then be burned to a CD or read using an .ISO file reader. Note: You have to run the dmg2iso program at a command prompt using the same command as listed on the site for the Perl version, substituting .EXE for .PL in the command. DMGs can be password-protected and, if so, may not be mountable by some software. The DMG file also comes in different formats: HFS, HFS+, UFS, ProDOS, Linux, and Fat32 and so may also require special mounting software to account for the format. IsoBuster can interpret these files directly as can other programs such as UltraISO. Go here http://vu1tur.eu.org/tools/ Do it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dmg.470115/
Relevancy 55.04%

I've Been Trying To Burn Dvd's, But I've Been Having One Problem. The Movie Completly Burns, But About An Half An Hour Into The Movie It Will Start To Glich. Can Anyone Tell Me Why This Might Be Doing This. I'm Even Using Dual Layer Dvd's, So I Don't Have To Compress The Movie At All, But It Still Does It. I Burn It At The Slowest Speed To. I Use Nero6 Along With Dvd43 For A Decrypter. Please Help.

A:dvd burning help

On what are you playing it? Maybe your DVD player is not the best for either DVD+/-R.

IIRC, some DVD players have some problems with "packed bitstreams" (?). You either need to wait until someone makes a firmware that supports them correctly, make the DVD in an other mode, or use an other DVD-Player.

Maybe it's an other problem that a 3rd party firmware could fix if it's not on your computer that you're playing it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-help.44870/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have .avi wrestling movies for my son and it is taking up lots of space on the pc. Does anyone know of a good easy software that will let me convert and burn. Many thanks.

Relevancy 55.04%

I need help burning a c-d. i dont know what to do. i have windows media player. whenever i click on burn cd it says Interface not registerd. what should i do?

A:C-d burning help!!!

Heres your problem

i had the same problem aswell when i was using media player. If your interface is not working it means that you should redownload media player and get the newest version and make sure your bruning it onto an audio disk not a document disc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c-d-burning-help.40078/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to burn music on my cd-rw.The cd says that it's limit is 700mb but it doesn't mention 80 minutes.Although when I'm trying ro burn music with media player it can't burn more than 80 minutes.Is there a way I can burn more than 80 minutes?
Thanks

A:Burning CDs

Not with a 700MB CD-R

wrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.324932/
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently reformatted my hard drive, windows 98SE ,IE6,512 MbRAM and am having problems burning CDs with adaptec CD creator 5.On the last occasion (photos) it completed the whole thing but then it couldn't read the CD, the message was something about the headers.Does anyone understand what is going on here? I have already ruined several blank CDs. I also tried copying an audio CD it got as far as processing all 4 tracks and then wouldn't copy.
All advuce gratefully received.

A:CD burning

Have you tried un-installing CD Creator, and re-installing?
Reformatting your HD erased everything? If so, it erased your CD-RW's drivers too.
Try un-installing your drive, through the Hardware Manager, then rebooting, and let the computer detect the drive, and re-install drivers for it. But first................ Win 98 SE will do this, right? I know XP will, but not positive about 98 SE. Better make sure first!
Maybe some others will have some ideas............
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.388256/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a 3 hour Video on my hard drive. I'm trying to copy that file onto a DVD. i have a DVD burner, as well as a external DVD burner. The external dvd burner has s-video, and dv inputs, as well as the basic 3 plugs (audiovideo). I have the Sony DVD DIRECT External burner model VRD-VC20 ( http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review2700.html ). I have the USB input for it I have the wire. Do I need any programs? Any specific software. My main goal is getting that amount of minutes onto the DVD. I'm thinking burning it in "LP" mode. Can someone help me?

Thanks ahead of time.

A:Burning DVD's

INeedGmail!! said:

My main goal is getting that amount of minutes onto the DVD. I'm thinking burning it in "LP" mode. Can someone help me?
.Click to expand...

What do you want to do with it once you get on DVD, play on a TV like a regular DVD or just on your computer?

What format is the video in now and how big is it in filesize?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.461000/
Relevancy 55.04%

i'm trying to burn some movies onto DVD and i keep getting this error

Audiostream has an invalid samplerate : 21 Hz (different numbers for different movies)

anyone got any advice on how to fix this?

A:Burning help

what? no help

anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-help.105317/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys, I seen it once either here or somewhere on the net, what kind of cds are best for copying sony playstation games? And/ or where can I find this info?

A:burning cds

i haven't had a problem with any PSX games on any CDS...I usually get them at Sam's or BJ's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.45175/
Relevancy 55.04%

ok so my mom emailed me about this problem, but i dont have access to her computer because im an hour away from her.

I am trying to copy some photos onto a CD but when I put the blank CD into the “D” or “E” slot it says “insert disk” although I put one in.

When I put in a DVD it recognizes it but does not want to save as it says some things may be lost.

?

any suggestions

P.S when i was there a week ago a opened the computer up and everything was plugged in ok.

Relevancy 55.04%

i want to download a movie from limewire and burn it to a dvd to play in a player. if this is possable what file type do i need to download and how do i go about doing this.

Sorry, have to close this one:

P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.320223/
Relevancy 55.04%

My dad recently burrowed a Phil Collins Serious Hits Live in Berlin. And he wants me To burn it. So I try to burn it I have Nero so I tried to burn it the problem is that when it starts to burn it says this disk is copyrighted. Is there anyway to get past this and burn the dvd?

A:Help on Burning DvD

You can try this.
dvd shrink

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-burning-dvd.319996/
Relevancy 55.04%

Merry HO HO HO to alll Do hope you all aren t buried dvd-r on and burning cd-rw in mounds of snow The big storm by passed Elkhart IN Thank you God Hope too Santa gives you all the goodies on your list Ok tried to burn photos Nero indicated after I tried to do this that I needed to insert a dvd-r cd-r etc duh i did but it wouldn t burn how do i get it to if i can and if i do burning on dvd-r and cd-rw can it be inserted in a dvd player to view on the tv This is the only way my dearest friend in Texas can view our family photos Also have yet been able to rewrite on a cd-rw Each time it says i can t do burning on dvd-r and cd-rw this hmmm Any ideas To all this Christmas and always have The gladness of Christmas which Hope The Spirit of Christmas which is Peace The Heart of Christmas which is Love God bless us everyone Thanks much for your help nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hope someone can help. I'm rather new to burning music. I've joined a club so I can buy tracks. I don't have a problem with arranging and burning my playlist, and the cd plays just fine. But every cd that I burn starts from the end when I put it in my stereo, car or any other device. Since its at the end of the songs it won't play until I select the track 1 so it will start at the begining of the songs. I've used a couple of programs for burning and everyone of them do this to my cd. Right now I'm using windows media player 10 (my os is xp) How can I fix this when burning so the cd will start from track one when I go to play it? thank you, -rjmitch

A:need help with burning

Dang, I thought you meant pyrotechnics...Anyway, i'd get this thread moved to the Other Software forum(use the red ! at the top right of your post). As far as I remember plenty of cd burning problems get answered over there. I myself can't answer at the moment, as I havn't burned music in a while, and never music that i've bought from an online song store(I stopped downloading any music at all over a year ago).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-burning.318039/
Relevancy 55.04%

Can someone please help me.

I am trying to use "CloneDVD" to backup some DVD's.
The process is extremely slow. My friend says the process should talk around 20-30 min. but mine is taking around 1 hour.

We have the same software, dvd speed (8X) and my computer speed and ram are actually better.

does anyone have any idea why the burning takes so long/

thanks

Relevancy 55.04%

Actually I know how to burn audio I ve already burned some CDs for my annoying cousin Today I ve ventured into the realm of video burning I had mixed results I put some video files onto a CD-R making sure that they re under the minute MB requirement Although the DVD player would play the files a couple of them were jerky and stuff It was a half-planned process and I was just testing Results were indeed mixed but I liked the prospect here of cleaning my hard drive by making quot reserves quot There are a new CD I am to here. actually burning good number of files on my drive that can go if they re safe I am actually new to CD burning here. on CD somewhere I just want to know how to encode these files so that they re not jerky on CD and could play in a DVD player possibly even a Playstation Any free burning programs you can recommend I used Windows Explorer to put the files on disc the first time Also although it s a bit off topic are there any free programs for splitting audio files I want to split a comedy act into sections for a CD nbsp

A:I am actually new to CD burning here.

PS2 won't play a CD with movies... The "jerking" is most likely your DVD player..
Or, it could be your burning the files to fast.. I would say 24X is is just fine..

I went through 5 DVD players until I found just the right one..
Some can play VCD or SVCD, few can play both well..
Right now PS2 can only play DVD, and even that is most likely going to be DVD-R.

Just google audio splitter and many results come up..
I used one called "cool MP3 splitter".. don't know if it's still around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-actually-new-to-cd-burning-here.388910/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I'm in dire need of advice about burning data to DVD. I have a DVD burner on the way and am in need of burning about 75GB of data. I need to know everything there is to know...ASAP. This is to backup a huge PC hard drive that doesn't have a TAPE drive and I need it done VERY soon.

Can anyone give me advice on what capacity CD + general advice on DVD burning technology. I'm totally green and am in a real pinch.

Thanks so much in advance!!!

abowman

Relevancy 55.04%

Lately when burning single-sided DVD s I m encountering problems Specifically the Burning DVD's burn fails I ve noticed that usually it s just a matter of closing the Burning DVD's session and the disc works fine however that s obviously a nuisance and sometimes that doesn t fix the problem I ve also used various brands of blank DVD and shut down all programs whilst burning I was Burning DVD's wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what might be the problem The following is my log file generated by Nero Code Windows XP IA WinAspi File 'Wnaspi dll' Ver size bytes created PM ahead WinASPI File 'C Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll' Ver size bytes created PM Nero version Recorder lt SONY DVD RW DW-U A gt Version UYS - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type via Inquiry data - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr Drive is autodetected - recorder class Std MMC recorder CD-ROM lt SONY DVD RW DW-U A gt Version UYS - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral ST A atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral WDC WD JB- GVA atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral SONY DVD RW DW-U A atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map SONY DVD RW DW-U A D CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs CmdQueuing CmdNotification WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat EraseSpeed BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Static Write Speed Table Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Burn DVD Image PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer SONY DVD RW DW-U A running PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-at-once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode FALSE PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder SONY DVD RW DW-U A Media type DVD R Disc Manufacturer ID CMC MAG Media Type ID E Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE - CD-ROM Mode ISO indices index not provided original disc pos not relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks SONY DVD RW DW-U A -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder SONY DVD RW DW-U A for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx RecDep CtrlAdr lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item not relocatable no disc pos no patch infos orig at write at PM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- DVD Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD R Part Version Disc Size mm Maximum Rate lt not specified gt F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path PTP Layer Type recordable Linear Density um bit Track Density um track Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area h DVD-ROM DVD-R -RW DVD R RW End Physical Sector Number of Data Area F h End Sector Number in Layer h Data in Burst Cutting Area BCA does not exist Disc Application Code h Extended Information indicators h Disc Manufacturer ID CMC MAG Media type ID E Product revision number Number of Physical format information bytes in use in ADIP up to byte Media Specific D D - CMC MAG E A - B B T j g B C C C D - PM Text File dlgbrnst cpp Line Set remaining time ms - gt OK PM Text File DVDPlusRW cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes PM SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.334230/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi
Your the court of last resort.

I am trying to burn audio and data to CD-R disks.
I have tried CDBurnerXP Pro and both versions of DeepBurner. Neither will recognize the disks in the burner. I know there is nothing wrong with my LG burner because I can burn to CD-RW disks.

What is up with this?

Please...........

Ed

A:Burning to CD-R

For what it is worth, I have run into similar situation. Some 'burning' programs apparently will only work with one or the other type of CD. The technical reason is beyond me.
{redoak}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-to-cd-r.353298/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am new to this so bear with me. I recently bought a new system that has a dvd burner installed. I want to back up my DVD library. I have dvd-r's that will hold 4.7 gigs. I wanted to transfer my originals to my harddrive and then burn them to my dvd-r's. Problem is that when I copy the DVD's to the hard drive there is usually more than 6 gigs of data. How can this be when they only hold 4.7 gigs?? They are not not doublefaced or anything. Also what is best software for burning dvd-r. I have used nero in the past for writing cd's and svcd's but does not have dvd capabilities. Does anybody have ant suggestions??

Thanks in advance!!!

A:Burning DVD's

You can NOT just copy a DVD to a DVDR because most DVDs are both encrypted and many won't fit on a DVD-R cause there are only 4.3 GB DVD-Rs(single layer DVD) while most DVD-Videos are on 8.7GB DVDs(dual layer DVD). Go to the link below and it will tell you all about copying a dvd>>>>>>>
http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdripping.htm#dvd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.92043/
Relevancy 55.04%

Okay, I've got this Artec CD-RW(24x 20x 40x) that I've had for about 2 years. Recently, it stopped burning cd's. It reads cd's fine and I can use it like a normal cd drive but it just won't burn cd's. I've tried numerous programs like Nero, CD Burner XP Pro, and Media Player, but it just sits at the burning screen forever. It doesn't matter wether I am burning a music cd with Media Player or burning a data cd with Nero. Now, I've tried updating the driver but that didn't fix the problem, and all the wires are plugged into the drive correctly. Does anyone know what the problem coud be? Maybe it's just old and I need a new one, but I don't want to believe that yet . Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi

I wanted to burn a cd today only to find i could'nt, I thought I had something called roxio, I havent used it for about a year, but for some reason its no longer there, I have'nt deleted anything. I have real player but the cd burner is disabled. Can someone advise me on what to do get it set up again, and do I have to pay. I am a bit thick when it comes to the tech side of computers, so please keep it simple.

Thanks

Roxio quite often is included with retail DVD recorder/player's like the LG.

Do you have a support disk like that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning.111357/
Relevancy 55.04%

Can I move around and do different things while I'm burning? Like be surfing or playing solitare?

And it is normal for a shorter song to take longer to burn. It seems like I've been at 59% on track 2 forever now.

Relevancy 55.04%

There MUST be some computer whizzes out there that know about this I can burn a CD and copy one No problem What I need to know (please) CD Help! burning - is is there a way to burn a CD and eliminate portions of the song For instance a song that is on my hard drive that was recorded Live First part of song is a bunch of silly talking Can I burn the song somehow eliminating the talking part amp picking-up when CD burning - Help! (please) the actual music starts Or a l o n CD burning - Help! (please) g version song with a bunch of nonsense in the middle CD burning - Help! (please) Is there a way to PAUSE the burning while the songs continues on and then UNpause it to continue the burning when the nonsense is over with Ya know - like you can do when making a Cassette Tape You can Pause and pick-up the recording again anywhere you want to in a song as often as you like I have Real Player Creative Play Center PlexTools Pro unsure how to use this one yet just came with my new Plextor burner Roxio Easy CD Creator Windows Media Player MusicMatch Winamp Anyone know if this can be done and how THANKS I'm running Winndows XP but maybe this sould go under the quot Tech Talk quot forum Would think there'd be a ton of sharp guys who would know the answer to this one Thanks again

A:CD burning - Help! (please)

You need to edit out the unwanted portion prior to burning. I like the free version of Goldwave for editing audio.

http://www.goldwave.com/release.php

Charlie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-help-please-28297.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all,

I am trying to make a backup of my triple x: state of the union movie but its not letting me. Sometimes I get a CRC error, and if I ignore I just keep getting a bunch of read errors. It only happens on the first of three files, the other two go perfect. Does anyone know if this is a problem with perhaps my burner not being able to burn the movie, or is it some kind of protection on the dvd. I have tried decrypter, shrink, and nero to burn straight to an image and it wont do it.

Any ideas or other software I could possibly try.

Thank You,
Dave

A:DVD Burning

Hi .The movie Triple x is copy protected.They are hard to back up.Specially if they are produced by the sony company.You need to get a DVD-decryptor.

Dodn't forget,it is illegal to make backup unless you have the original

ok,Later

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.398136/
Relevancy 55.04%

I download music from the net, and my question, is it possible to transfer the music program to a CD and if so can anyone suggest the easiest way to do, eg. do I need special equipment or can it be done by downloading a program which will allow me to do this.
awc

Relevancy 55.04%

I did not read the Forum Rules.

Closing thread.

Please read the Forum Rules

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.390534/
Relevancy 55.04%

Need help with CD burning programs.

Have two CD-R-Writer drives. One came with Roxio and the other with Nero burning programs.

Both these will Auto-boot Program CDs like MS Win, fs9 etc, or magazine freebies.

Also Downloaded the winXP-Proffessional Burning program "CD Burner Pro XP", as I was advised to use it to burn an ISO file on a CD-R bootable CD.

The Nero type CD drive would not accept to burn the file, as it only accepts CD-Re-Writer CDs.

So I burned the file using the Roxio type drive, using "CD Burner Pro XP".

This CD now will only Auto-Boot in the Roxio type drive, and will not Auto-boot on another PC with standard CD drive.

It is getting rather confusing and would like some clarification to establish a correct method on burning CDs.
Thanx, nick

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-help.35918/
Relevancy 55.04%

Recently I have digitalized every photo that I own I now have folders with some sub-folders I have them on my computers and backed up on DVD s These are data dvd s and so don t show up very well in a regularlar DVD player attached to a TV I thought I had gotten really well informed lately I felt I had conquered the DVD making woes of my world Today I downloaded DVD burning all my photos to my laptop which has Vista which includes Windows DVD maker I copied all the folders to the DVD maker interface put a DVD in the drive and clicked it started encoding and copying It took hours to do the job Result There are only folders that copied that s problem Problem is that even if they were all there how do I choose which folder DVD burning I want to see Can I create some kind of directory I hope someone can help me with my problems All I want is to watch my photos on my TV screen I m not asking for much it seems Thanks nbsp

A:DVD burning

Well for number one I'm wondering what size those 13 files were in aggregate, what did the DVD maker produce and what size was that production (because sometimes the original files are included on the disc) so if the size of whatever was burned to the DVD was 4.08 gigs or larger, that's a full single sided DVD and the reason it only used 13.
Number 2, I'm assuming DVD maker made slideshow video(s)? IF so that's pretty standard operating procedure. A lot of DVD players (you'd have to check the specs to be sure) will play back data discs with folder structured jpeg format photos so that's one possibility.
Otherwise you need to do some pre-processing of your photos to allow for selecting a set for playback much like selecting a chapter in a movie--you'll need to author a DVD in the same way where each chapter would be one set of your photos you want to playback. Specific sofware programs like Premiere Elements and Studio allow for arrangement, chaptering and authoring all in one continuous multi-stepping process but you can also put together video clip slideshows of your photos in groups and save them as DV-AVI files from Windows Movie Maker. Then with a program like DVDFlick you can arrange those video clips as desired and set the program to create a new chapter or "next" point with each video. The makers of DVDFlick are working on a version that will also alow you to write a menu on the disc as well but for now that program is limited by that aspect. Of course the two pay-for programs above allow for easy menu selectable chaptering which is probably more along the lines of what you're looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.674134/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, someone please help. I have been using nero 6 to burn onto my old imation dvd+rw for a couple of years with no problems, then the other day tried to burn onto some new ones id bought but they wont burn. Tried the old ones again, and they do burn. Have tried using Roxio and Win dvd creator, neither of which were successful. Could it be that my burner[writemaster] doesnt recognise the new dvd's and I NEED TO BUY A NEWER BURNER.
Thanks Ian

A:dvd+rw burning

Check and see if there is a newer firmware available for your burner which supports a wider compatability of media. If not than stick to using media which works with your burner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-burning.675113/
Relevancy 55.04%

Is it possible to burn dvd's from the dvr provided by my cable company? They have the option to record out to vhs, but I have a laptop with a dvd burner. Any ideas if this is possible, and what I would need?

A:Burning DVD from DVR

A product like the one found here or one with similar characteristics will allow you to capture, convert and record a non-copy protected analog source. Read all the specs carefully though to make sure whatever product you like meets your specific needs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvd-from-dvr.676527/
Relevancy 55.04%

i burned a CD with music files on it (mp3) and a friend of mine told me i didn't need to convert the files to anything. i used adaptec easy CD creator 4. and it said the CD burned successfully, but...when i tried to play the CD in a player, it didn't work. what am i doing wrong?

Hi inanothersky,

If you want to play MP3's in a standard CD player, you'll have to convert them to .WAV files first.

Regular CD players can't recognize or play the MP3 format.

Use Easy CD Creator to convert the MP3's files to .WAV format first, then burn the .WAV files to the CD-R. Depending on how old your CD player is, you may or may not be able to play the CD-R in it.

Go to http://www.cdrom-guide.com/cdindex.cgi for more information regarding CD-RW and burning CD's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.47948/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all. I just bought a Sony DRU510a burner. I have a few questions:

1.) Does anyone know of some very thin printable labels to put on them once burned? I don't want anything thick that will bubble up.

2.) Can anyone recommend some good burning software that has a good feature set for adding menues?
Thanks in advance!

A:DVD Burning...

I would use sonix cd/dvd label kit. And there is no question on this if your trying to burn dvd's get the new dvd xpress v3.01 allows you to burn entire disc with menu's and all on one dvd. And another have to for burning music,games,data is nero 6 ultra awsome burning software.
Kyle

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.163685/
Relevancy 55.04%

im not sure if need to dl a dvd program but i was able to burn video clips on to a CD-R and now i cant seem to burn video clips on to a CD-R or a DVD+R

here are one of the properties of a video clip

i tried using dvd shrink but it doesnt seem to work well, i used windows media player for burning before and now it doesnt work

on my CD drive (F: ) it says
DVD RW compatc disc rewriteable
R/W rewriteable
just wanted to make sure that i have enough info

Relevancy 55.04%

This is a recurring DVD burning annoyance I successfully create a DVD movie based on some video clips of Summer activities Ski Club Promotion and business presentation then burn DVDs I want to make several copies to send to friends relatives and prospects I test the resulting DVDs by playing both on my computer and the DVD deck connected to my TV Although I have used the same media same files and same version of Nero I get the following inconsistent results for various DVDs that should be Identical I tested Plays on computer but not recognized on my DVD deck Plays normally on my DVD burning DVD deck for a while but then pixelates and freezes up Plays normally on my DVD deck but not recognized or fails on a friend s equipment If it fails DVD burning on my equipment conditions and I can simply burn another That usually works but I would need to watch the movie all the way through to be sure For a disk that I send to DVD burning a friend I have no way to be sure it will work on his equipment Wish there were some quick verification test to be reasonably sure the DVD would play before I send it out This problem is very frustrating Has anyone else shared my dilemma nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

My CD-RW Drive isn't working any more to burn cds. I've probably used this thing for the past 3-4 years fine, but now it won't burn anything in itunes or the general windows cd burning wizard. If I try to do this it tells me to "insert a blank CD" when the cd I have inserted is most definitely blank (i've tried about 10) I have a bit of computer know-how, but I can't fix a stubborn error like this one, any suggestions? I've tried simply uninstalling it from device manager, and searching online for new drivers but it didn't help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-not-burning.611305/
Relevancy 55.04%

What program can I use to burn .VOB files to a disk to watch on a regular dvd? becuase the DVD Maker that Windows 7 has doesnt work for me.

A:Burning .VOB

Is it possible to burn .VOB files using Windows DVD Maker?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/102129-burning-vob.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Is there something different that should be done in burning a CD of photos for a Mac on a PC?

PP

A:Burning FOR Mac

i know that certain quicktime compressed images will not work on a pc. Typically if you are going pc to mac you shouldnt run into too many problems. Tiff files are fairly universal and should work well in both os's. .bmp's should work well but of course its a lossy file format so depending on your level of needed resolution you might want to try gif or possibly even png. I know adobe cs 2 has the ability to save files in .pict format , or you could even go with a pdf format to be on the safe side. Usually when i go from mac to pc is when i run into problems seeing as macs tend to need extra information to open certian files. Also make sure your cd is ISO level one compliant.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-for-mac.460371/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to burn a DVD of 9 video clips each at around 400Mb, all of them are AVI. I have put together a Menu, but its telling me that I can only fit 2 of these clips on. Whats the best format for burning to DVD? And does it change the format automatically to be a bigger file?

Relevancy 55.04%

I am running XP PRO with Windows Media Player Every time I try to burn music from Windows Media Player I get quot Insert a blank CD-R or CD-RW disk and retry I have a formatted disk in the CD RW drive I can copy files to the the CD RW disk but using Windows Media Player it will not recognize that there is a disk in the drive when I try and copy music files using this software Properties of the CD Burning drive say quot recording quot is enabled I used to be able to do this but can t now Is there another setting somewhere that is not populated incorrectly What am I doing wrong Below are the steps I am following Open Windows Media Player Insert a bank formatted disk in CD-RW drive Select Copy to CD or device Check selected tracks in Windows Media Player to be copied Click Copy Receive message of insert a blank CD-R or CD-RW and retry nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone
I have hp with xp windows ,each time i tried to burn something it show a message that insert cd eventhough i have cd in .i never been able to burn anything . I hace the original cd writer and a sony cd-dvd burner .i checked the system and it said it works probely .i have nero ,roxio and media player
thank you
M C

A:cd-dvd burning

Nero and Roxio don't get along too well. I'd remove one of them. If you decide to remove Roxio, use Roxizap afterward to clean up what it leaves behind.

A new, free burner based on the well-known CDRTools is here:

http://cdrtfe.sourceforge.net/cdrtfe/index_en.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-burning.602608/
Relevancy 55.04%

I was wondering is there is a way i could burn a file on to 2 or more cds the file is 180gb but cds are only 700mb and i dont have any blank dvds

i supposed it would be called duel cd but i searched google nothing releated to it at all

Relevancy 55.04%

You know that little bubble that comes up above the Task Bar (right side) that says 'You have files to be written to CD. Click here...'?

Where does that go when it disappears before you can get back from the other room where you went to get a blank CD because you're so stupidly disorganized you can't stand yourself?

Relevancy 55.04%

I have been trying for months to burn a dvd with home movies. If I get the dvd to burn I can not see it when I play it on my dvd player. I've used several different softwares to burn dvds. Everything I try doesn't work for me. I need help.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have Windows XP and I have a movie that is in .WMV format. How can I burn it onto a DVD using Nero Burning ROM 8? I think it can only use ISO files?

A:DVD burning.

You need the Nero suite, specifically Nero Vision I think, to make a DVD out of a wmv file.

DVDFlick (www.dvdflick.net) is free and can do the job.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.854113/
Relevancy 55.04%
Q: Burning

Hey would anyone be kind enough to teach me how to burn games and movies using nero?

Relevancy 55.04%

I just got a new Sony DVD burner to burn the video files off of my computer. The videos are a .avi, and I was told to burn a dvd, i should convert it to a .VOB, which I did but the files I burned wern't veiwable on a DVD player. I put the video files into the video_ts folder.

How do I burn .vob files? Should I convert my video into another format?

Relevancy 55.04%

Ihave the Nero software for burning a DVD, but I was just wondering, without even using that, I have just copied and pasted jpg pictures to my DVD drive (where I've inserted a DVD -RW disc) and the files show up there without burning. Do I still need to burn?

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey I have read the posts on this am Burning :( New Please!!! Help Dvd To having a hard time finding out what I need My son is rough on the DVD s and I would like to burn copies for him to watch so that the originals are not ruined I just bought a DVD burner and it came with WinDVD and New To Dvd Burning :( Help Please!!! InstantCopy I have figured out that I need a decrypt program and a shrinker program I downloaded DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink both of New To Dvd Burning :( Help Please!!! which are foreign to me but I am learning I tried to burn two movies thus far--for the first one I used the decrypter and shrinker program and the entire movie wasn t copied onto the disk and it got choppy just at the end The second time a different movie I realized that InstantCopy rezizes the file for you so I didn t use the shrinker program this time the entire movie went on to the dvd R but it once again was choppy only at the end I guess my questions are What do I need to do to fix this problem of choppiness --It seems weird to me that only the end is choppy I also don t think that the first movie I burned was any longer than a normal movie Maybe the extras took up more space What is the best burning software I have heard good things about NERO on these boards but the one I have seems like a pretty good one also Any tips or tricks to working the decrypter or the shrinker programs Is it possible with InstantCopy to skip the shrinker or was that just a fluke that happened to work Any tips the great people on this lifesaving website can offer are greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Anna nbsp

A:New To Dvd Burning :( Help Please!!!

I recommend usind DVD Shrink. It's free and works great. I use it to back up my DVD's. Get it at www.dvdshrink.org You can easily reauthor your copy to include all or part of a dvd to copy.
I would also recommend Nero to burn the movie. You can download a trial version of it and see how it works before you buy it, Nero interfaces very well with DVD shrink. In fact DVD Shrink has a setting which allows you to burn automatically after copying the DVD using Nero. Great programs that produce great results IMHO.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-to-dvd-burning-help-please.239480/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I have Windows 98 second edition with a CD-R. I need some step by step instruction on how to burn pictures on to a CD. I have already uploaded them from my digital camera into the camera software, they are also showing up in My Documents. Thanks, Dan

A:Burning a CD

welcome whomper

did the cd burner come with software such as Nero and did you install it?

If so just open the software and follow the instruction...Should be as simple as draging the files into the burn window

ps... I'm going to delete one of your post as they are duplicates

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-cd.329643/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have several Mini-DV tapes of various functions I ve attended and am having a heck of a time getting a cd's DL DVD Burning good quality DVD-DL disk I know how to Burning DVD DL cd's capture and render video off my camcorder no problems there whatsoever I have no problem making DVD s as long as the content fits on to a regular DVD-R Gb disc I ve taken a crash course in the differences in burning to DVD-DL yet following the directions I never seem to get a smooth playback Both Video and audio is jumpy and it acts like it s pausing I m not even trying to complicate matters by putting the disk into a DVD player I m using the same drive I burnt the disk on The image files I created of various events of course plays fine as a file on my system Single layer DVD s play flawlessly I m not sure what I m doing wrong Is there a tutorial on burning Dual Layer disks I ve set the break cell the layer break whatever it s called Using various pieces of S W DVDStyler IMGBurn and a couple of freeware utilties I found scouring the net for a solution System is more than up to the task Intel G hz P Gb RAM and Gb HDDs Xp Pro SP Thanks for the read S nbsp

A:Burning DVD DL cd's

Verbatim is the ONLY brand of DL media that CDFreaks recommends; the rest just aren't reliable. Use ImgBurn for writing as this deals with the layer break properly.

Otherwise:
What applications are you using to convert your DV source to DVD Video format?
Before burning, do the DVD Video files on the PC play smoothly (use VLC player)?

Slainte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvd-dl-cds.876893/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I am trying to burn a XP OS so I can install on my sons computer I put together for him. I cannon't get the CD to boot when I fire up the machine.

I burned as an ISO image. Is there something I am not doing, or any reason the disc is not booting.

If anyone can think of something I might be missing or if you can be any help at all. Please reply.

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 55.04%

I went to burn a CD last night and at the top of my playlist it now says "connect a burner and restart the player". I haven't made any changes in my computer software or updates or anything. How do I make it so I can burn CDs again?

A:CD burning.

What software are you using to burn the CDs? It sounds like media player or something similar which is notoriously unreliable at CD-writing. Try ImgBurn; it's free and highly recommended.

Slainte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.873546/
Relevancy 55.04%

My first to all I have a Dell Latitude L it is supposed to have a DVD burner player installed at my request My order says I have a -- M Module Digital Video Disk Drive Read Write x Sony Abacus ?? Burning DVD Latched Address what ever in the puter Is this It I can play DVD s play amp burn CD s but puter will not recognize a DVD in tray or says disc already has something on it or it ll say insert a blank disc I d like to tx some of my videos stored in puter DVD Burning ?? to a dvd if I can select a group DVD Burning ?? of them to put on disc and clear up some room on my puter DEll tells me I have a DVD player burner installed but won t help me activate it Real Player Quicktime WinDVD or Windows Media Player are of no help in DVD mode but OK in CD If I DVD Burning ?? had any hair left I d be pulling it out Being a beginner is of no solace to me nbsp