Windows Support Forum

Need MAJOR upgrades for my 3+ year old computer

Q: Need MAJOR upgrades for my 3+ year old computer

I have an eMachines ET1331-02 desktop. (Yes, VERY outdated, but can't get a new one, don't ask why.)

I do quite a bit of gaming and need to be able to run many applications at the same time. Can I get recommendations of upgrade paths?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need MAJOR upgrades for my 3+ year old computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need MAJOR upgrades for my 3+ year old computer

The machine is quite weak since it only has a dual core CPU. This will limit you when it comes to gaming and running many applications. What you can do though if you dont want to get a new machine is upgrade the graphics driver to the latest one supporting your old Geforce 6150SE chipset >>here<<. You can also upgrade your ram to the max it can take. You can use this tool to help determine how much and what RAM to purchase. I also recommend possibly clean installing Windows (wiping it completely and starting from scratch) since that usually gives a nice performance boost. You can check out how to do a clean install here. Keep in mind, if you upgrade from 4GB to something more, you will need a 64bit OS, or else the OS cannot take advantage of the extra RAM. You can download a legitimate copy from here. You can use the Windows 7 key pasted on your machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-major-upgrades-for-my-3-year-old-computer.202555/
Relevancy 69.23%

Whats up people Im looking for a little advice for upgrades Ive spent months looking at stuff mainly newegg and am just trying to get a feel for what upgrades i need Currently i have XP home AMD XP Stock cooling MSI KT Ultra Mobo Geforce Fx LE mb agp gb kingston SDram ddr lat gb HD GB HD linux Dual boot SUse x lite-on CD-RW Thermaltake w Power Supply I know it old I want to upgrade to an AMD bit single old 4 upgrades year PC needs core Are they stable Ive heard great things about the but i 4 year old PC needs upgrades want that little bit of extra in the PC A new shiny processor needs a new MoBo Any particular brand stand out above all the rest I used to have a Soyo but i dont see them around anymore My MSI runs great only issue was the dumb chip set fan but i replaced that with a fanless heat sink so its fine Im not currently looking at SLI beacuse i dont have the money for two cards and single mobos are cheaper however i noticed that to get newer fancy features on the mobo you have to get SLI And Finally Im looking for a Video Card Amazingly enough i can play BF only at the low defaults but i can Ive kinda fallen out of touch with what video cards are the best and which to buy Ive always had Geforce Chips original first comp and a GF mx mb I dont mind spending about on the new card just so long as its stable cool and will stay with the gameing curve for a few years Ive looked at the Radeon X and the X They are a bit pricy but i can see why The geforce seem a bit unstable and hot Looking at getting Kinston Hyper X ram gb gb mb im not decided yet on wether i want to get x or just a single gb stick timings are - - - Is the corsair that much better timings are - - - Finally are the Sythe brand coolers good They look realy nice and im all about silent cooling Plus im am getting fan controller so i can mount a fan and use it when needed Any and all suggestions are welcome Thanks Eddie nbsp

A:4 year old PC needs upgrades

Here're some parts I like.

Abit AN8 SLI motherboard (yeah you said you didn't want sli, but this one is still pretty cheap). I see that you like "silent computing" so this should be a nice fit, since it has a fanless/heatpipe cooling unit on the chipset.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127207

Amd a64 3500+, nice bang for the buck.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103533

Gigabyte Silent 7600gt Pci-e. Fast, and it's quiet too.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125025

I'd recommend either getting a 1GB or 2GB kit of memory, so you get a matched pair of memory to use in dual channel mode, which is somewhat faster. Lower cas is better, look for cas 2 or 2.5.

I guess scythe is ok, haven't heard anything bad about them.

Might want to consider power supplies as well, I like antec, fsp group, ocz, enermax, seasonic, etc. Some newer antecs have two fans, but only use one fan if the temp is cool, which makes it quieter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-year-old-pc-needs-upgrades.53532/
Relevancy 67.94%

Ok I am basically new here and have a system I built in the middle of I am trying to see if it is viable to upgrade any of the components to make it a little more competitive for the rest of this old reasonable Possible system? my year upgrades for 2 year but I don t know Possible reasonable upgrades for my 2 year old system? that there is much I can do with it without buying multiple components I have MSI AM Athlon X PC mem capable motherboard Athlon X NVIDIA GT mb gb PC DDR I am currently running bit Windows and despite gb of memory it runs well Basically I don t know if there is much that can be done with this It s kind of stuck where it is I could get a little faster dual core X processor but I don t know that it would make much of a difference Obviously a quad core CPU would require a new motherboard and CPU so might as well do that with a whole new computer build I could upgrade to gb of dual channel memory but I don t know that games programs would utilize it enough to be worth it Video card wise I have a quot x monitor so I whether or not a better video card would get a huge difference in framerate at that resolution I m not sure I am primarily looking at this in regards to games like Bioshock etc coming out this year I would just like to run those newer games a little better for this year until I anticipate building a new system in I have heard a lot of people say that gb of memory isn t totally used by most applications yet I have heard that unless you do a major processor upgrade like dual core to quad it s not going to make much of a difference Also it seems that newer NVIDIA GTX GTS cards really shine at higher resolutions not where I am at Are any of these major components worth doing anything to or should I just leave this system as is and replace the whole thing in the future nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

It s time to have a small upgrade on my year system it served me very well and I rarely had any issues I m just looking system A old some requires upgrades year 6+ forward to get most out of it currently it has these components Motherboard Albatron KX Processor AMD Athlon XP MHz Videocard GeForce FX MB RAM x MB Power Supply Antec SL W The MoBo A 6+ year old system requires some upgrades has its integrated network adapter and sound card and I have no problem with either Unfortunately it does not support PCI-e cards I mainly use it to play games like WoW or Counter-strike with all the effects on lowest Its main function over the time devolved into just playing games as I work and watch DVDs mainly on my laptop I ve recently observed more problems in crowded instances when playing WoW and also I m looking forward to play a little more graphically advanced games not the most high-end ones though I think a system with a MHz CPU and GB with a decent - year old GPU should do fine However I m very low on budget - and I don t need additional component upgrades replacements such as a new soundcard and a network adapter therefore I m thinking perhaps I should keep my MoBo and CPU intact and just go for GPU and RAM upgrades Should I upgrade my GPU and RAM with a Radeon HD GB MB AGP around and a x GB DDR SDRAM around how much of a bottleneck will my CPU cause especially when playing a CPU dependent game like WoW How much would such an upgrade improve the current performance if any I just hope to play WoW at max Will my power supply be able to handle an Radeon HD which also requires W I also have a DVD-ROM and a CD-ROM connected to my system - I can ditch out either or both when not using if it will help any Will the GPU just not run at all or will it work on a lower rate and not use its full capacity Given my budget limitations what alternative upgrades would you recommend Is there a better balanced MoBo CPU GPU RAM PSU combination you can think of that may cost around - if a better upgrade is absolutely necessary I ve considered to purchase and overclock an Athlon XP to get around MHz processing capability but it seems like it may cost me another and I m not sure if it s worth it Finally my MoBo supports x GB yet in its manual it recommends only DDR GB RAMS at once and not all three at the same time Why is there such a limitation and what kind of performance issues would I have if I installed x GB Would I get GB a little less than GB or just GB What kind of a setup should use if I want more than GB from this MoBo Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help nbsp

A:A 6+ year old system requires some upgrades

Can I just say, I wouldn't be updating this old machine
I read all through your post and the dollar amounts, I was about to say get Ram, but thought ..no, you are better with a more modern machine with PCI-Express and Core 2 Duo at least.

Save up and sell your computer (completely) and get a new (or newer) computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-6-year-old-system-requires-some-upgrades.138268/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a subscription to McAfee Firewall VirusScanner and Privacy Today I received an automatic notice that McAfee has major upgrades with new features to their product line The upgrade was free to me I installed the upgrade and it does look very different Cursory glance there appears to be a lot more protection or at least a lot more details for better informed decisions more options etc During the install it scanned and reported any Has McAfee New Upgrades... Major other application programs i e Ad-aware SE that would cause conflicts and allow the option to configure water down McAfee to allow the other application to run while McAfee is running There are considerably more configuration options to choose from I d like to see someone well versed in security applications especially McAfee that can express opinion on their new upgraded product line It would be interesting to hear how this compares to other like products McAfee has had a reputation for McAfee Has Major New Upgrades... being problematic and causing unexpected and mysterious conflicts Perhaps at long last they have remedied those issues http us mcafee com nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mcafee-has-major-new-upgrades.488025/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi causing Major upgrades problems folks I just bought a bunch of new computer part to give my system a complete overhaul I bought everything except case HD and cd dvd drives W HiPer PSU Major upgrades causing problems GB Corsair XMS DDR Foxconn SLI mobo gt AMD X proc quot LCD I have plugged screwed installed everything not my first build I upgraded from an AGP slot video to the PCI-x and from a amd to the dual core I can get everything to power on the RAM posts i can get into the Bios and browse in there The problem is that when i try to boot windows from my HD it stops and restarts The windows logo shows on the screen for about sec and then it restarts When i put the HD back into my old system it boots to windows just fine and shows an error that quot a major error has occured quot but no other information Any suggestions I cant really cross reference any parts because this was such a major upgrade the two systems cant share anything othere then IDE devices Thanks nbsp

A:Major upgrades causing problems

It sounds like you are trying to boot this new system from a previous installation of windows, unless I am reading you wrong.

Put in your XP cd and run a "system repair". This will load in all the drivers for your new system. Currently, windows is trying to load up the drivers for your old motherboard, and choking on them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-upgrades-causing-problems.67019/
Relevancy 61.92%

I recently had a computer repair friendly family member upgrade my desktop computer I had a Gigabyte B M-D H motherboard installed new Samsung S D monitor and a TB hard drive We then upgraded from Windows to Windows - When upgrades after issues Major resolution we had Windows installed the monitor looked great The next morning I had an issue with some Windows updates not loading correctly I spoke to a Microsoft tech that told me that I needed to re-install Windows I did and then started downloading the available updates and then proceeded to get Windows During the whole process I noticed that the monitor never looked quite right I tried another monitor and it also looked real bad We couldn t get the computer to use the onboard video for some reason after making the changes in the bios to enable it I installed an Nvidia Quadro video card thinking that it would fix the issue I installed the video card downloaded the Nvidia utility Major resolution issues after upgrades installed the newest driver and the monitor still looks like crap Does anyone know what I can do in layman s terms so I can get this monitor looking it best and like it should I thank your for your assistance nbsp

A:Major resolution issues after upgrades

Off the top of my head, if a new video card didn't fix the display issue and you cannot force the system to use the onboard GPU, I'd start looking at maybe the motherboard itself being faulty. Give this a shot: Remove the CMOS battery (The big CR2032 button-cell battery in a (probably) black plastic holder somewhere on the motherboard) for 10 seconds and then put it back in. Or if you're motherboard has a CMOS reset jumper or button, do that instead (Read the motherboard manual for how to use the CMOS reset jumper) and see if that fixes the issue (It might just fix the onboard GPU issue). Also, is your BIOS keeping time or reverting to default at start-up (Clear indicator the CMOS battery is dead and needs replacing)?

If possible, could you define how it looks bad. Give a mental picture of what you see. It could help figure out what's wrong. Also, have you tried a different monitor? It could very well be the monitor. It's not rare for a monitor to fail within a short period. Or it simply could be the monitor's cable that's faulty (Usually caused by someone forcing the connector and bending/breaking pins).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/major-resolution-issues-after-upgrades.1144948/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys Let me start Causing Upgrades are Major Problems. End High by getting to the point so you guys can give me a suggestion to resolve this problem I have a Samsung df Monitor Abit BE- II upgrade to - EB from GeForce GTS Creative Anniholator Creative Sound Blaster Live Ether-net Card WD ATA HD High End Upgrades are Causing Major Problems. PC Corsair m Win SE Here is the problem When I turn on the computer I hear Beeeeeeeep beep beep One long and two short My monitor does not turn on it quot stands-by quot I can hear my hard-drive work to boot into windows and does I do have another monitor and I did plug that one on and High End Upgrades are Causing Major Problems. it worked Well until it gave me an error saying quot Abit Boot Block v please insert system disk and press any key Well I did that and it does not recognize nor does it load the generic drivers to my cd and cd-rw So that was a dead end solution So I took out all my cards and used my old video card And wala it worked and I reinstalled windows becuase scandisk found multiple errors with my file structure etc So i do have a clean install of windows on my HD I thought problem solved right Wrong I put back in all my cards including the new creative Anniholator card and got the same darn thing that happened to me in the first place ----Beeeeeep beep beep No monitor power up but I could hear it boot to windows I called Samsung to start eliminating possibilities and it is not the monitor i talked with thier systems engineer Monitor is eliminated This all happened when I upgraded from a Pentium II to a Pentium III EB and upgraded my memory to PC Corsair All quality upgradeds Keep in mind I did not have this problem with my original Processor and Memory The Abit motherboard does support both upgrades I am confused and a little angry that my system is doing this considering these are quality upgrades i e Processor and Memory And FYI I did have the Anniholator working with my original system fine I am looking for a good solution here I hope that you guys can help me out with some suggestions I will check here often Thanks guys Moffiosso nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I found a post on this exact topic from back in I am trying to incorporate the code into my database and am not able to get the code to work if I make any changes Here is the link to the previous thread http forums techguy org business- increment-field-including-year-restart- html I have also uploaded the database that was provided in the last post If I Autoincrement restart - year including field year each try to change the field and object names I appear to be unsuccessful in having the code still work even when I change the items in the code as well I woud like some help I would like for there to be a Autoincrement field including year - restart each year field called quot RequestDate quot that has the date stamp Autoincrement field including year - restart each year that is keyed in by the user Then after that is Autoincrement field including year - restart each year keyed in on the form the quot AssignmentID quot field is updated to the new assignment number The quot RequestDate quot quot Admit Date quot and quot AssignmentID quot quot ActualFWCNumber quot I am trying to do this in Access If I make changes either the number field doesn t autopopulate or the same number keeps repeating Any and all assistance on this would be great nbsp

A:Autoincrement field including year - restart each year

tamanthalou, welcome to the forum.
As you have posted the original database a copy of your database with no data in it would be better to understand your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autoincrement-field-including-year-restart-each-year.1132843/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I've read every post I could find on this so I'm sorry to ask another dumb question but here goes.

I created an access database (volunteer work) which has an autoincrement field to issue numbers to animals taken in at our shelter. My 'boss' (also a volunteer) wants this simple autoincrement changed to a value which begins with the two digit year and then has 4 digits, starting with 0001 which will increment sequentially and restart at 0001 with the new calendar year. Therefore, records will start with 10-0001, 10-0002, etc for this year and 11-0001, 11-0002 for next year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 49.02%

I have created
C:\00 - savehere \2012
C:\00 - savehere \2013
C:\00 - savehere \2014

current vba code is:-
ChDir "C:\00 - savehere \2012"
Range("c57:h102").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=composedfn & ".pdf"
Is there a way to save to ChDir "C:\00 - savehere \ currentyear
without having to change the vba integer value to each new year? or using if statements for each year? So when the 1st of jan comes it automatically save to the new current year directory and if possible creates a directory at the start of each new year as well?

A:Solved: Save PDF to a year directory each new year or month

If folder exist....

' Does this directory exist? If not, create it.
If objFSO.FolderExists(strParentPath) = False Then
Set newFolder = objFSO.CreateFolder(strParentPath)
Wscript.Echo "Put a ocr fold here" &
Else
'Save it here code'
End If

This will get you the year
CurrentDate = Date
File_Year = DatePart("yyyy",CurrentDate)

You should be able to code it with this info

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-save-pdf-to-a-year-directory-each-new-year-or-month.1059389/
Relevancy 48.59%

I think it is time to upgrade some parts of Upgrades an old computer to my computer Here is the basic information of what i currently run cpu Intel Core Quad Processor Q M Cache GHz MHz FSB RAM x Kingston HyperX DDR gb Ram PSU W Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ- Modular Cables Management CARD gb DDR mhz engts MOBO ASUS Striker II Formula LGA motherboard If need Upgrades to an old computer any other info then just let me know am running XP windows on this old computer and am looking to goto windows With this upgrade i just want to know a few things should i upgrade to a i cpu whixh means ill need to upgrabe my mobo etc I am looking to upgrade my ram but not sure about what card i should get I dont want to spend much over dollars which i want to include a cpu intel pref mobo pref gigabyte ram windows HDD dvd writer blu ray full tower computer case maybe a new video card i hope this psu will be fine so i will leave that Also my mate has mention something about a solid state hard drive i maybe looking to run my operating system on this and then go for a tb HDD for the rest Ty for your replies in advance Oh also i live in Australia so prices may vary abit from overseas but i will worry about that nbsp

A:Upgrades to an old computer

Once upon a time, long ago, when I entertained a notion to upgrade from Windows XP Professional to Windows Vista, I swore Microsoft offered some sort of upgrade compatibility program, direct from their web site. This program was designed to check and see if my computer could handle the upgrade to Vista, and if it couldn't, it would advise me of what needed to done to make my machine Vista worthy. More than likely Microsoft still offers their users a compatibility program to see if one can upgrade a Windows XP machine to Windows 7, you might want to check that out.

But good stuff anyhow, I enjoyed seeing your interest to better your system, then in turn it might help better yourself, win-win proposition if you ask me!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrades-to-an-old-computer.169708/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone, im new to the forums and i want some tips for me to upgrade my computer.
here are my specs
Hp Pavilion 7960
Windows Me
128MB RAM
intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1300MHz (or 1.3 gb ^^)
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 (HP)

Pretty much i want to have a total of 512 rdram and a new graphic card (to play My new game ), but i was wondereing what kind of graphic cards would be compatible with my computer im aiming to buy a ATti Radeon pro 256 mb and what brand of memory should i buy?...

and im in kind of a tight budget...

Help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Everyone A few things I am looking to possibly put in a SSD in my current computer or a new mechanical hard drive Currently in my computer I have the following hard drive Hard Drive Western Digital WD Blue WD AAKS GB RPM RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal My Computer WIth To I Want Upgrades Do Hard Drive Western Digital WD Blue WD AAKS GB Upgrades I Want To Do WIth My Computer RPM RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - Newegg com I would like to know if there is a difference between MB Cache and MB Cache I ve been playing the sims as well as second life on my computer and have noticed a lot of lag in the games or longer loading times possibly due to either my hard drive or the video card in my computer The video card I have in the computer is this Video Card SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg com The motherboard I have in the computer is this Motherboard ASUS P Q SE PLUS LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard With this CPU CPU Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor BX E I run Windows Home Premium on the computer I have GB of RAM installed and I am using a Corsair CX Watt Power Supply too The SSD I would go with would be this one SSD Crucial GB m -Inch Solid State Drive SATA Gb s CT M SSD Or if I don t go with an SSD I would go with this hard drive HDD Seagate Barracuda TB RPM SATA Gb s NCQ MB Cache -Inch Internal Bare Drive ST DM And I m looking into going with either of these video cards Gigabyte Radeon HD WF X GHz Edition GB GDDR PCI-Express DVI-I HDMI x mini-DP Crossfire Ready Graphics Card GV-R TO- GD Or Gigabyte GeForce GTX OC GB GDDR PCI-Express DVI-I DVI-D HDMI Displayport SLI Ready Graphics Card GV-N OC- GD I would like to build a new computer and what I would like to build would cost me about but it s not in my budget to build a new one at the moment Besides playing sims games and second life I do normal internet browsing and office type of work on this computer I do want to play more driving racing like games in the future too Let me know of what you think about this and any suggestions you may have I would like to try and not spend a lot of money either nbsp

A:Upgrades I Want To Do WIth My Computer

Well first " I would like to know if there is a difference between 16MB Cache and 64 MB Cache? " 64MB of cache is better

cache (/&#712;kę&#643;/ kash) is a component that stores the most frequently used data so that future requests for that data can be served faster. -wiki The more you have the better.

I would recommend getting an SSD to put windows, games, and what ever else you need to load faster. Then use you're existing HDD as storage.

The Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 is cheaper .If you're going with the GTX660, looking into the 660TI, it's MHZ is a little slower but has more cuda cores.

The Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 cost more but is better in terms of raw horse power, it also uses a lot more power. have a look at

http://www.hwcompare.com/13146/geforce-gtx-660-ti-vs-radeon-hd-7970/

But with each of these cards you're mobo./cpu/chipset will be a bottle neck because it only supports PCI Express 2.0 x16
Personally, I would just get a smaller SSD to put the OS and you're programs on for now and use your existing drive as storage, then save up for a better setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrades-i-want-to-do-with-my-computer.1107421/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

So I currently have a reasonable desktop pc. But I am looking to upgrade as I am disappointed by the performance. My current rig:
AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.0GHz Quad core
Asus M4A78LT-M LE
ATI Radeon HD 4850 1GB

I have around £200-£250 and am looking to get a new Motherboard, CPU and GPU. I plan to do a fair bit of gaming and I would like the Computer to be playing shogun 2 total war on high settings, and battlefield 3 on high settings when it comes out.

Does anyone have any recommendations what I should get?
Thanks for looking! And Thank you for any responses!

A:Computer Upgrades

Upgrade the video card as it's several generations old. A 3.0ghz multi core cpu is plenty fast enough for most gaming requirements and core speeds haven't increased anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-upgrades.1015960/
Relevancy 48.59%

ok.
i have a Dell Inspiron 2650 (old)
I cant run any of my favorite games because of lack of memory and a good graphics card.
i just want to know everything i can possibly do to upgrade my computer in any way.
here are the current specs:
Mobile Intel Celeron CPU 1.50GHz
256 MB of RAM ( about to add another 256 to it but i dont know how to access the second expansion slot???????)
windows xp service pack 2
So if theres anything i can do, please and thanks for any help!

A:Need computer upgrades!

Your money would be better spent on saving for a new system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-computer-upgrades.98107/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All I am looking to do a couple Upgrades Possible Computer of things to my computer Possible Computer Upgrades an older Dell T Workstation The computer has Windows Pro for the OS is running a quad core Q CPU has gigs in gig strips of DDR PC - RAM and a NVidia Quattro graphics card with dual DVI outputs and it is the newer DVI with the higher bandwidth I want to upgrade the RAM and also the video card and I think I can do both for around but I am not sure which to upgrade first I want to go with either or gigs of RAM and use the fastest available the DDR PC - RAM From what I understand my video card is a middle of the road video card and I am looking at upgrading to something like the NVidia or series video card From what I have written what is the better option for me to upgrade first the RAM or the video card Also any input on my choices will be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys. A few months back I asked for advice on upgrading my graphics card but in the middle of getting your advice my life got FUBARed (within 3 days my net and power were cut off because my accounts had been drained through fraud ).

Anyway things are finally sorting themselves out and I really want to start upgrading my aging PC. I specifically wanna be able to run Napolean Total War well. I've attached a DXDiag and my budget is between £300 and £400 (though the lower the cost the better lol).

Thanks a lot guys

Kind Regards,

Dan.

Relevancy 48.59%

I have older computer.. what should I do? can u recommend pieces. also a monitor. should I get an entire new computer? tyty
: intel pentium 4 630
gigabyte technology co model 8i945p-g
ddr2// channel # dual ( I have 4 slots for ram)2 gb total
radeon x800 series

$250 budget 160ish budget for monitor
Much appreciated​

A:My computer needs upgrades

Yes, any PC dating back to P4 era will likely need all parts replaced. Upgrades will hardly be noticeable and cost more than they are worth. I'd continue to use the P4 as is unless something breaks. I would only purchase parts to keep the machine working, if a new machine is not an option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-needs-upgrades.198250/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Acer Aspire M3470g, all stock and I have been wanting to start to upgrade the computer and make it my own. I have 4 gigs of ram and thought about upgrading to 16 gigs (cheapest upgrade I would assume) but i was looking at the Crucial management thing and seen that it only will accept 8 gigs? Why is that if the system is 64 bit. I then thought about a combo of a new CPU and obviously PSU however I am unsure what would be the best upgrade that a budget could give me lol. I'm not a gamer really outside maybe Civilization two or three nights a year so I'm not really worried about a new graphics card. I know SSD's are available and are coming down in price; I thought about one of those when I get my income taxes back. So does anyone have any tips?

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

I like to play games who doesn t so about a year and a half ago a built a Computer upgrades. computer I knew i was due for some upgrades and wanted some smooth gameplay at high res so Computer upgrades. I keep adding on but right now I m at a standstill As I sit right now I have Ghz Core Duo GB Gskill x Computer upgrades. GB Corsair x GB GT bit Zotac Foxconn mobo W Rosewill power supply Windows build I mainly play Left Dead and for some reason after the videocard upgrade I thought I would get more frames I even tried to overclock Computer upgrades. my video card by about Mhz but it got me about frames better in most spots but still not a consistent fps I wouldn t think anything here would be holding me back but my CPU was going to be my next upgrade Core quad probably about or Ghz I don t think it will help but I don t know what else to do Any help nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I want to upgrade my comp and i have 400-500 dollars to do it with.
Current Specs are:
550 mhz p3
356mb ram
32mb vid card
20 gig hard drive
Cd/dvd drive
Cdr-cdrw dont kno speed works well enough
PSU im guessing around 250 watts
Win xp pro
Sound blaster Live value sound card
Lan (10 mbs.)

www.mysterybyte.com is were i was planning on buying the stuff from unless somebody knos where i can get a good deal, i wouldnt have to have the stuff shipped as there is a place i can pick it up nearby. I will be using this comp for gaming and website building so i might need some more ram and a faster processor and a new vid card.

Relevancy 48.59%

I was wondering what processors could I upgrade the i3-550 on an Intel H57 express mobo to? Also which video card would be best because dvd playback skips every few seconds or so...Thanks!

A:upgrades to my new computer

What is the exact make and model of the PC, assuming its a prebuilt machine like HP, Dell, Acer etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrades-to-my-new-computer.1041456/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am running a K7N2G-L motherboard.
I want to upgrade my AMD cpu to an XP3000+ - Barton - 166/333 FSB & Dual Channel DDR memory.( I GB)
Can I use PC3200 or PC2700 memory & which is the best choice for best performance?
What name brand of memory is most compatible with this configuration?
Would appreciate this information. Thanks

Relevancy 48.16%

I have been wondering, what pieces of hardware should I change. I use my custom made computer mostly for gaming and i'm having a few problems with my future decisions:

-First of, I have bought 7.1 surround sound headset but sadly I have no 7.1 motherboard or soundcard. My current motherboard is Asus Maximus V Gene with 5.2 sound system.

-My desk has lack of multiple screens. I believe that two GPUs can run three screens (correct me if i'm wrong) but my motherboard doesn't have enough ports.

-if i'm about to add an additional GPU, can my power source handle it? My current power supplier is Corsair HX650W silver for gtx900 GPU series

A:Custom Computer Upgrades

For your headset you'll need a 7.1/7.2 sound card...you can get a decent one for around $50. If you're replacing your current GTX 560 with the new GTX 900 series: Yes to multiple monitors and yes to your PSU.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/127660-custom-computer-upgrades.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone, newbie tech here.

I'm looking for some worthwhile upgrades for my computer this holiday season, and I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions. I use my computer mostly for gaming, if it helps.

Here are my specs: Dell Dimension 4550, Windows XP, 1024 RAM, 120GB storage, I believe my BIOS is Mitac International A01., Pentium 4 processor, 250 watt power supply.

Also I was wondering, does upgrading a power supply necessitate buying a new case?

Thanks for your help, and sorry if theres any info I neglected to mention.

A:Worthwhile Computer Upgrades

Best bangs for the buck is a better graphics card - you need to check the motherboard to see what slots you have; suspect AGP x8 - if in doubt check the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/worthwhile-computer-upgrades.92476/
Relevancy 48.16%

When I turn off the computer it installs upgrades and when I turn it on it configures the computer. this takes a long time. I did a restore but that didn't help.
This is a 32 bit HP. lots of stuff on it.

Thanks
Doyal

A:computer upgrades on every reboot

Welcome
Easy to fix
Set updater to notify and not install
When you get duplicate updates, right click on them and set to hide. You will not be bothered again.
I suggest for your consideration, however, that the upgrades were necessary and not duplicates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/160695-computer-upgrades-every-reboot.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok first off thanks for taking time to read the post and of course any help you offer would be greatly appreciated I ll try to make this short and sweet I m a complete noob when it comes to building my own PC s years ago I knew what I was doing when I was buying parts to build my PC now I am outdated and need to some upgrade advice PC runs fine I m just looking for some good opinions on what would be the best upgrade for each need upgrades Ideas some Computer part I link Thanks for taking the time to help I greatly appreciate it If this is posted in the wrong forum I apologize EVGA -YW-E -A LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI Computer upgrades need some Ideas FTW ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg Computer upgrades need some Ideas com Product Product aspx Item N E BFG Tech BFGE GTSE GeForce GTS G MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz MB L Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor BX E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBPK http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CORSAIR CMPSU- VX W ATX V V SLI Computer upgrades need some Ideas Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

at a wal-mart store. It disappeared from my PC although the year not up until 2016. I saw for a minute the Product Key on my PC but it is now gone alone with all traces of Norton 360> How do I reinstall my product key?

A:I bought a 1 year protection for 1 year Norton 360

I'm not exactly sure what you need but if you're asking how to recover the 360 product key so you can reinstall you might try Belarc:http://www.belarc.com/free_download...It will list most/all? of the product keys associated with your installed software. For anything beyond that you may need to contact Norton.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/i-bought-a-1-year-protection-for-1-year-norton-360/2013.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an installation folder on my main machine(Windows 7) with all my software. I have repeatedly run into issues connecting odd devices to my shared folder. This time I have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview (on a different machine) and don't understand why it tells me I can't access my own machine. After all these years, you would think user friendly would be a reality. It seems to be a coin toss as to which machines will connect. I hate never knowing I can access my own machine without issue. Here I am trying to install applications but yet I can't get to my storage location.

What is the secret to sharing your machine, so that anyone on the same network can access shared folders?

Edit: I always turn on "Network Discovery" and "File and Print Sharing".

A:Network connection issues (year after year)

I'm more brutal via the firewall:

set trust localhost and your lan ip's, eg 192.168.0.1/24

then add two rules for only the PRIVATE PROFILE

inbound allow tcp/udp from 192.168.0.1/24 to any for ports 137-139,445
outbound allow tcp/udp from any to 192.168.0.1/24 for ports 137-139,445
I use a much more complicate scheme in reality to enforce known vs unknown devices and to segregate WiFI from wired access, but that's just me.

In services, ensure these are running

Bonjour Service ( mDNSResponder)
fdPHost
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-issues-year-after-year.208880/
Relevancy 47.73%

http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/510Series/2900447/2900447cl2.shtml

There is a link to my computer, it is a gateway 510T model, my graphics card is a ati radeon 9550 and i have 1 gig of ram

I found the ram compatable to buy for my computer, now i need a good agp card that compatable with my system but still powerful between the 100-200$ range, what do you guys suggest?Thanks!

A:My computer specs and what upgrades do you guys think i should buy for 500$

Well, for $140 you can get a GeForce 7600GT. It is much better than your Radeon 9550- 3x pixel pipelines, DDR3 memory (vs DDR), OpenGL 2.0 support, and a much more advanced core.
Edit: I just realized that your PSU may not be powerful enough to power the card I linked you to. Currently you have a 250-watt, which is pretty weak. I don't know much about power supplies, so could someone please look into this?

In case it isn't powerful enough, I suggest this one. Relatively cheap, plenty of power for you, and good reviews.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-specs-and-what-upgrades-do-you-guys-think-i-should-buy-for-500.659358/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all I recently upgraded my computer hardware and now seem to have after sleep computer upgrades. Monitor won't a quirk that I haven t encountered before My monitor is an HP w Monitor won't sleep after computer upgrades. LCD and is in great shape I had Windows Ultimate bit before with a Pentium D ghz dual core Intel D GCNL Mobo GB Crucial DDR ram Nvidia GeForce GS graphics card and the same Raidmax power supply that I am still currently using The monitor and computer would both sleep fine before and the monitor would sleep on its own after the set mark Monitor won't sleep after computer upgrades. of minutes Now with having upgraded and using the Intel HD graphics removed the nvidia and win bit the computer will sleep if I ask it to or on its own at the preset but the monitor is having an issue When it reaches its sleep timer the screen goes black like it is about to shut off then it pops up the quot monitor going to sleep quot window and will flash that window every - seconds but never shut off I have reinstalled the Intel HD driver having tried both the Gigabyte version and Intel s version I have tripled checked all of my power options settings I scrolled through the monitors menu and checked all of that I searched and searched google and didn t find anyone having this exact issue Any ideas on what might cause this Motherboard cpu OS and ram are all brand new as of days ago Any and all help is appreciated nbsp

A:Monitor won't sleep after computer upgrades.

Is it possible for you to get a driver for the monitor itself? Some monitors have drivers and you might need one.

Aside from that, as long as you've double-checked the power options in control panel... that's all I can think of at the moment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-wont-sleep-after-computer-upgrades.1090141/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello All so I ve been wanting to upgrade my gaming computer for some time now but have no clue what is outdated and what is still okay in the standards of gaming I have a Velocity Micro ProMagix OS Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP CPU Intel R Core TM CPU GHz Motherboard ASUS P N-E SLI Memory GB RAM Video NVidia GeForce GTS I m planning to use Velocity Micro s upgrade service where I send in my system to them with what components I want upgraded and am just wondering what I should be looking at to upgrade The tech rep I ended up talking to over the phone said with my system being so old it looks like I m going to have to replace almost everything besides the Needed, Upgrades Please Advice Computer case lol I m just looking for a second opinion as I feel the tech was just looking to make money I generally play mmo s like WoW Age of Conan and Rift Rift is my current game I am playing But I m also looking forward to trying Diablo and Computer Upgrades Needed, Advice Please Guild Wars when they are released Bottem line is I m looking to upgrade my system where it would last me another - years before upgrading again with hopefully spending around but give me what you think is you re ideal system for gaming considering cost Again though I d like to use Velocity Micro parts that they would have if you could I checked their website using config your own system to see their inventory nbsp

A:Computer Upgrades Needed, Advice Please

Are you actually having any issues or slowness, hence the reason to upgrade? Or just wanting to upgrade?

You could simply upgrade the video card to a newer model and prolong the life for awhile yet. You could also see smaller benefits from RAM (2x2GB = 4GB) and a newer HDD (WD Black model with 64MB buffer or and SSD).

When you get to the point where the current PC just isn't fast enough any longer, then you can consider a complete upgrade (ie: motherboard with quad core cpu)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-upgrades-needed-advice-please.998010/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello so I ve been running ATI HD for a Need some Solved: upgrades(GPU/MOBO/PSU) computer few years now and there has been this common problem of flimmering However it has escelated into flimmer crash Now my card is quite old and I need an upgrade anyway I don t really have a Solved: Need some computer upgrades(GPU/MOBO/PSU) budget although it is important that the card manages games such as assassins creed wow League I realize that these games doesnt really take that much power although I want it to last I ve been looking at MSI Radeon R X Gaming GB GDDR and it seems like a great card Might be kinda overkill tho I am runningAMD Phenom II X T - gt and as far as I can tell there is no need for an upgrade so the motherboard needs to contain compability My current mobo is so I want a new one there as I m sure it will cause a bottleneck And my PSU is W that seems rather little these days So I am asking if anyone who is into GPU s these days could give me a few clues what to look for the cards needs to be durable want it to last for another - years with good quality in league wow assassins creed After that there is the issue of a mobo that support this gpu and a PSU that grants enough power If you need more specs just ask nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I am attempting to open up a project in Adobe Premiere Pro CC that contains RED footage in it, but my computer always crashes when doing so. I am able to open up projects that do not contain RED footage, but even those projects are very laggy when I attempt to edit them.

Based on my system specs, http://imgur.com/MVlBTfK , what upgrades to my computer would help make RED footage easier to handle? I am editing off of the "Reason" Drive: http://imgur.com/gXG0hKQ

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrades-to-my-computer-to-edit-red-footage.1156928/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an HP 15-af131dx. I would like to put a faster CPU into it but I don't know wha my potential options are. I know it isn't officaiily supported, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I already know how to open it up, I did it once to install more ram. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/CPU-Upgrades-HP-15-af131dx-Notebook-Computer/td-p/5614144
Relevancy 47.73%

Alright first computer year 9 old off I only have Windows XP no service packs seeing as my family shared the disk and it became an quot illegal copy quot This computer started out as my moms computer and we've owned it for - years I'm getting a new computer around the th but I want to know if there's anything I can do I logged on the other day to find my start bar to be More than lacking Instead of the bulky blue roundish start bar I was reverted back to the 9 year old computer old fashioned on my background was gone and there was a good number of processes were missing After a couple more restarts I lost my quicklaunch My internet connection doesn't even realize it's there and is refusing to work and I'm right now typing from another computer My main problem is that I don't want to lose a lot of important things I'm a writer and have a lot of my work saved there if I could fix it for at least a day I would have the ability to email my most important things As an add in I tried to system restore but it claimed the only day I could go back to was today pretty pathetic

A:9 year old computer

and welcome to the Forum

You can take the hard drive out and trmporarily attach it to a working pc in place of a CD/DVD drive to salvage the data

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/9-year-old-computer-352280.html
Relevancy 47.73%

it has never had a clean install. It's still very usefull, but should I buy XP (about 200 bucks) and do my first *shudder* format and clean install? Should this fix some slowness of my computer?

Relevancy 47.3%

I have poked through the years over upgrades. after Computer slowing hardware your forums and already tried all the troubleshooting I could find for similar problems and I appreciate any assistance given About years ago I picked up a HP from Best Buy because it was cheap and I intended on improving on all aspects of the machine over the years I have upgraded the RAM Processor Video Card and replaced the Power Supply I never touched the hard drive or motherboard My computer has been under performing when set to recommended setting on games specifically Most games Computer slowing over the years after hardware upgrades. that I play wil recommend me setting the graphics to medium high but my computer never performs well I have to turn nearly Computer slowing over the years after hardware upgrades. all games down to low to run smoothly I am primarily playing World of Warcraft without the Cataclysm expansion and Civilization My most recent troubleshooting attempts have been driver updates for chipsets as well as video card Ran CHKDSC Computer slowing over the years after hardware upgrades. Reformatted with a fresh install of Windows -Bit Ran Direct X diagnostic My inkling is the motherboard or power supply because those are my weak links and the CHKDSC came out clean Thank you for any insight or input My computer AMD X GHZ GeForce GS GB RAM Very cheap watt power supply nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-slowing-over-the-years-after-hardware-upgrades.980432/
Relevancy 47.3%

I Upgrades Computer Reformats Licenses or + Software have ATT Uverse and they have McAfee internet Security as Software Licenses + Computer Reformats or Upgrades a free download for Uverse subscribers I can use it on up to computers I am also considering Kaspersky because I have heard it is better but it is not free and I don t want to pirate anything Here are my questions If I decide to reformat my computer and reinstall windows sometime after I install the McAfee or other internet security suite will the program Software Licenses + Computer Reformats or Upgrades think it is another computer Software Licenses + Computer Reformats or Upgrades and make me use another of my license keys How would it remember that this was the computer that one license was for if the computer was reformatted How do people who purchase programs with kys deal with this What if I decide to upgrade my computer by installing some new hardware like a hard drive video card or something after I install the McAfee or other internet security suite Will it count that as a new computer and thus use up one of my license keys As a side note I am thinking it is very interesting to wonder what would McAfee or other companies consider to be a new computer Could I upgrade everything except the ram and still use the same license for a product or would they consider that to be a new computer If so would they stop the program and require me to purchase a new license How would they do this detect new hardware and have the program disable itself --This is an interesting thought to me and just in my brainstorming I think thatit should have to do with the number of active computers that you still have If you still only have one computer after upgrading and not then you should still be able to use the license That s just my thinking though and I don t know what the law or applicable company policies are regarding this --

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407987/software-licenses-computer-reformats-or-upgrades/
Relevancy 46.87%

I upgraded my computer recently to a Athlon 64 3200 and I was wondering if my ancient, 30 gig hardrive is going to slow it down. My motherboard, video card, processor, memory...etc. are all pretty good, but the HD is so old I'm worried that it can't transfer data and such as well as the new ones.

So will it effect my overall speed? If so, by how much?

Relevancy 46.87%

Recently my daughter had Internet Security on her computer and after being up all night I removed it and everything was working fine Now this problem may or may not be connected to this but I felt it should be mentioned A few days later maybe a week all of a sudden her computer will not turn on It gets to the the Window picture and then very briefly shows a blue screen with writing and then wants me to try turning on the computer a different way I tried every start up mode finally I went into advanced start up mode and all I got from that was being able to at least stop the computer from keep restarting so I could see the blue screen I think the only part that may be important in the message would be this Technical Information STOP X E XC X F XFAFAF B XFAFAF AC but I do have the entire thing copied Needs Help 12 Computer My Old Year Daughter's if needed In a thread I saw someone say that it My 12 Year Old Daughter's Computer Needs Help may not be a given that a computer has to be sent out and be fixed professionally when it won t start up I have my computer that I can make disks on if needed Also we bought My 12 Year Old Daughter's Computer Needs Help this used for her and it worked fine until IS so I don t think this came from being bought used but I m also not sure IS is involved either If I can t fix it it won t be worth sending it anywhere to be fixed My daughter got it for Christmas and though being naturally upset about all this is acting great and deserves every effort I can do Please can someone help me to help her I don t know what to do and it s killing me that I can t help her If anyone replies please spell things out step by step as if this was My 12 Year Old Daughter's Computer Needs Help my first computer I can follow instructions but they have to be so clear it would probably be too simple for you PS Her computer is a Toshiba Satellite I don t know what year or anything but it had Windows that was updated to Windows XP Also since we bought it used no software was included

A:My 12 Year Old Daughter's Computer Needs Help

Hello,Can you please try to explain in detail what tools you did run to get rid of IS2010?Do you have the XP CD at hand?If not, are you able to burn a small iso to a CD?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288237/my-12-year-old-daughters-computer-needs-help/
Relevancy 46.87%

My mother's computer is having issues. When it boots up the icons on the desktop, start menu, control panel aren't showing up correctly. They all seem to be blank unless you highlight them, then they go back to blank once you click something else. Taskbar and desktop settings can't be initialised. Other programs act weird and buggy. Everything works fine in safe mode.

Its specs are lost in the mists of time. We only know that it has an AMD CPU, a Radeon GPU and it uses WinXP SP3.

She is planning to get a new one, but suddenly losing all access to her current one isn't ideal.

A:Help diagnose a 10 year old computer

The profile may be corrupt. Go to Start/Run and type control userpasswords2 and hit enter. Here create a new user with admin rights. Log out of the current user and log in as the new user. If you see icons under All Programs and Control Panel, and that works, then under C:\Documents and Settings find the old profile name and copy the Desktop, Favorites and My Documents to the new user profile and use that profile.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-diagnose-a-10-year-old-computer-544043.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all My son has now connected to the internet via a wireless router and I m now trying to teach him safe computing so we are trying to clean up his computer of any quot thingies year computer 15 Cleaning old's up my quot he may have inadvertantly introduced before I ve introduced Cleaning up my 15 year old's computer him to the various ways to safe guard himself He has run spybot and has been trying to run adaware which he is having some trouble with Cleaning up my 15 year old's computer Is going to try a new install of that tomorrow Anyways could someone kindly check out his hijack this log and advise if there is anything wrong in there Much appreciated It is sooooo hard to try and give advise to a year old who can barely bring himself to take ANY advice from his MOTHER Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED SYMTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES ONTRACK ZIPMAGIC ZM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SERVICES STAT EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT INTELLIPOINT MOUSE SETUP MSH MOUSE POINT EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZLCLIENT EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C PROGRAM FILES POPUP KILLER POPUPKILLER EXE C PROGRAM FILES HP HP SOFTWARE UPDATE HPWUSCHD EXE C PROGRAM FILES HP HPCORETECH HPCMPMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES HP DIGITAL IMAGING BIN HPQTRA EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETGEAR MA CONFIGURATION UTILITY WLANCFG EXE C PROGRAM FILES WIN COMM WINCOMM EXE C PROGRAM FILES WIN COMM WINLOCK EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP SPYWARE SCSSCAN TOOLS ETC HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www iinet net au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure F - win ini run C WINDOWS SYSTEM SERVICES STAT EXE O - BHO BHO Class - CBEFB -ED B- -B -C B - C WINDOWS SYSTEM CUSTOMIE DLL O - BHO no name - E -FFAD- - C - CA F B - no file O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run NAV DefAlert C PROGRA NORTON NORTON DEFALERT EXE O - HKLM Run Norton Auto-Protect C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NAVAPW EXE LOADQUIET O - HKLM Run POINTER C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint Mouse SETUP MSH Mouse point exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run PopUpKiller C PROGRAM FILES POPUP KILLER POPUPKILLER EXE O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C PROGRAM FILES HP HPCORETECH HPCMPMGR EXE quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run ICSDCLT C WINDOWS rundll... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

Hey Thanks for looking Last year around this time my computer was infected badly with malware The pop-ups became so incredibly bad that I just decided to reformat the machine Last wkend I was looking up kentucky derby results and all of a sudden pop-ups started appearing sporadically Now I can't visit a new webpage without out getting one or reformatted a computer been year this I Its since two I am trying to kill this before it gets any worse This time I'm not trying to Its been a year since I reformatted this computer run HJT or Combofix or enter the registry and do it myself I need some help and any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You Maaarty Here is my DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jonathan Murtin at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Lanovation PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files FrontierNet FrontierNet DSL Attendant app TangoService exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcjmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA FRONTI FRONTI app TangoManager exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System lxcjcoms exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C DOCUME JONATH LOCALS Temp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings Jonathan Murtin Desktop HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings Jonathan Murtin Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local BHO f fdd - ff - c- b - e c - c windows system mukejowe dll BHO ab - a - - fd -b c f - c windows system muhugamo dll BHO c windows system jkshfuiehi dll c ba a - f - bd-f - a c - c windows system jkshfuiehi dll TB ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker f d b -da b- daf- e -dfee a aa - c program files zonealarmsb bar bin SPYBLOCK DLL TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe uRun prnet quot c windows system prnet tmp quot uRun lt NO NAME gt c docume jonath locals temp vtb ckqo exe uRun uidenhiufgsduiazghs c docume jonath locals temp vtb ckqo exe uRun Diagnostic Manager c docume jonath locals temp exe uRun reader s c documents and settings jonathan murtin reader s exe uRun A F D D F exe c docume jonath locals temp A F D D F exe mRun PRONoMgr exe c program files intel ncs proset PRONoMgr exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exe mRun lxcjmon exe quot c program files lexmark series lxcjmon exe quot mRun EzPrint quot c program files lexmark series ezprint exe quot mRun TangoManager c progra fronti fronti app TANGOM EXE mRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot mRun LXCJCATS rundll c windows system spool drivers w x LXCJtime dll RunDLLEntry mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun prnet quot ... Read more

A:Its been a year since I reformatted this computer

I know its a busy forum...Just putting it up in case.===========Hello While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.Thank you for understanding.Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226177/its-been-a-year-since-i-reformatted-this-computer/
Relevancy 46.87%

A year ago my computer got some kind of virus from a on Malware year Computer ago... so I turned it off thinking Malware on Computer from a year ago... quot I'll deal with it later quot and now a year later I still haven't It's just been sitting in a corner in my room as I've been scared to death of turning it back on Asking for help here for my brother's computer thanks again for your help JonTom reminded me about it and I decided it's time to look into it I am ashamed to admit that back when I used to use this computer I knew nothing about internet safety and I downloaded all Malware on Computer from a year ago... kinds of quot goodies quot like screensavers and mascots not to mention programs that now I know I should never have messed with LimeWire for example which I have since removed from the computer and no longer use at all I don't do any of these things anymore I learned a lot this past year after my mom's computer which we shared at the time got infected with malware I came to this forum for help with that and AdvancedSetup helped me clean it out then showed me how to prevent future infections thank you It hasn't had any problems since then But my own computer has suffered the consequences of my stupid actions from before I learned about any of this It is infected with some kind of malware for sure Honestly though if not for Avast and Malwarebytes telling me there was malware on it I would never have known There are no other symptoms The computer seems to be running fine-- although I have not connected it to the internet at all since I know there is malware present If I was connected maybe then I'd see some symptoms But obviously I don't want to go online until I know it is safe to do so Wait no come to think of it there is something unusual I noticed I don't remember why exactly as again it was a year ago but at one time I opened msconfig and was looking through the startup list My doing this may have had something to do with knowing there was malware on the computer or maybe I was just looking for a way to stop something else from running on startup I don't know But either way I saw an entry on the list that I did not recognize so I unchecked it I had a look at the list again today and it is still there unchecked as I left it This is the entry which I assume is related to whatever is hiding on the computer Startup Item vebupefi Command Rundll exe quot c windows system vebupefi dll quot a Location SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Today with a clean computer I downloaded Malwarebytes DDS and GMER and transferred them to mine with a USB flash drive then brought the logs back over to the clean computer I scanned the USB first with Malwarebytes So here is everything I know about the computer and what is going on with it First here is the information from the system properties System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack -OEM- - Manufactured and supported by ZT Systems Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz GHz GB of RAM Physical Address Extension Now for what I've done so far Like I said I used a flash drive to bring Malwarebytes DDS and GMER over to this computer I actually already had Malwarebytes on this computer but it was an outdated version so I uninstalled it before bringing the new version over and installing it instead I had Malwarebytes do a full scan although it is still outdated at least now it is only outdated by days rather than a year or more While it was scanning two popups from Avast informed me that it had found some things which I had it send to the chest These are the files Avast found Name load php Original Location C Documents and Settings Cassandra Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE QG K Y P Last Changed PM Transfer Time AM Virus Win Malware-gen Name n exn Original Location C Documents and Settings Cassandra Local Settings Temp Last Changed PM Transfer Time AM Virus Win Malware-gen After reviewing them in the chest I let Avast remove them Malwarebytes eventuall... Read more

A:Malware on Computer from a year ago...

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

A guide and tutorial on using ComboFix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/malware-on-computer-from-a-year-ago-548071.html
Relevancy 46.44%

If maby you could help me with this A Been Sooooo About Computer For Year This Slow Has one we were just gonna buy a new one but I thought i would try this first thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system This Computer Has Been Sooooo Slow For About A Year spoolsv exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC WINDOWS System hphmon exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS LTMSG exeC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSSvc exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptcl dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exeO - HKLM Run LTMSG LTMSG exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXEO - HKLM Run TkBel... Read more

A:This Computer Has Been Sooooo Slow For About A Year

Hi,

Your problem is most probably caused by McAfee, because McAfee is known to cause a huge system slowdown. The forums are full with posts where people are complaining about a slow computer where McAfee is installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115599/this-computer-has-been-sooooo-slow-for-about-a-year/
Relevancy 46.44%

Maybe I'm just not thinking th dimensionally but year Computer the Unexplained: 2407 it's says I've got not so much a problem but a slight nuisance that is also confusing me to no end This morning I was sure the time was fine I was away from my computer for several hours and I sat down tonight to read the news on Digg when Unexplained: Computer says it's the year 2407 I got a certificate expiration message on one of the articles I surfed to Now this has happened before once my computer was at the year a few weeks ago so that's why I knew to check the time as soon as I got the cert error but I promptly changed it back to I disregarded it as a random malfunction and since then for other reasons I've reformatted But it has happened again this time it's the year Under normal circumstances I can only manually change the year to a maximum of System Specs Manufacturer Built by me personally Processor Intel Pentium D CPU GHz Motherboard Asus P N-SLI Memory MB RAM Hard Drive GB Western Digital Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GS single card no SLI Monitor COMPAQ CV Color Monitor Sound Card SoundMAX ADI AB High Definition Audio Speakers Headphones Keyboard Logitech Cordless Desktop EX Mouse Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp qfe - At the moment I do not know my BIOS version but I'm pretty sure it was the latest as of August if there's been newer since then I don't have it What on Earth could cause this Anyone have any ideas PS I've also included a screen shot of Time Sync tab it Synced on and the next Sync is on Which is tonight but it failed also including that SS as well

A:Unexplained: Computer says it's the year 2407

I wonder if your CMOS battery is failing. There is a tiny battery on your motherboard that holds the BIOS settings as well as the time. If this battery were failing, this may explain this issue if the BIOS reverted to a "default time". Does the time get affected as well, or just the year?

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unexplained-computer-says-its-the-year-2407-a-203968.html
Relevancy 46.44%

We have two desktop computers in our home. The one that is running very slow hasn't been used in probably a year. It is a Dell Intel Pentium. I run avast on here but for some reason avast won't start up. I run xp. Not sure what other info is needed. I have updated java and am in the process of trying to do my window updates. It has been at 5 of 6 for about an hour now.Anytime I try to bring up a web page of anything else it takes forever.

A:computer running slow after not using it for a year or more

Hello rayandi Lets try to run these MiniToolBoxPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.TDSSKillerDownload TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.AdwCleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As AdministratorClick on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.Junkware Removal ToolPlease download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareDownload MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.exe to start the installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation. You can find the complete installation procedure here.Click the Scan Now button, a threat scan will start automatically.MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will now check for the latest updates. Click Update Now if new updates are available.Your computer is now being scanned, please do not use your computer during the scan.If no threats were found, click View detailed log.Click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.If the scan detected any threats, click Apply Actions.To complete any actions taken you will be prompted to restart your computer...click on Yes.After reboot, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and click the History Tab at the top and select Application Logs.Check the box next to Scan Log. Choose the most current scan and click View.Click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.Providing the MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware log fileAttach the log file you just saved to your next reply for further review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569691/computer-running-slow-after-not-using-it-for-a-year-or-more/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have downloaded the latest intel graphics drivers for the Intel HD Graphics 4400 on my Aspire V5-573P, however when I try to run the setup.exe as administrator, I get the message: "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the apppropriate driver from the computer manufacturer." I have Windows 10 64-bit installed. According to Device Manager, my current graphics drivers are 365 days old. When I try to update them automatically, windows tells me that they're up to date.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Are-1-year-old-graphics-drivers-on-my-computer-really-up-to-date/td-p/447722
Relevancy 46.44%

I ve been having random computer reboots for almost a year now I tried looking at the minidumps and stuff but it s not working very well For background on this whole thing my computer started rebooting randomly one day I don t remember what might have started it it s been so long Over the course of the year I ve for almost year! resetting a Computer randomly replaced the hard drive RAM motherboard and CPU and completely reinstalled Windows many times Still the same I could be running something I could not even be home The computer will reboot randomly and without any warning I haven t turned on the Computer randomly resetting for almost a year! blue screen option again but it used to be the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error but it would frequently be different ones as well Sometimes when the computer reboots it tells me Windows recovered from a serious error and when I send the error report it says it s from a device driver no solution known I finally looked in Event Viewer and saw that I m getting reboot because of bugcheck messages I m including all my minidumps in this post for anyone who can see what could be wrong You can get the minidumps here http www jglonek net files minidump zip I d greatly appreciate help Thanks nbsp

A:Computer randomly resetting for almost a year!

The computer just reset itself another 3 times already this morning, all with more Minidumps.. Sometimes I think I do something to aggrivate it more than other times.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-resetting-for-almost-a-year.34797/
Relevancy 46.44%

Microsoft to patch 17-year-old computer bug.

A 17-year-old bug in Windows will be patched by Microsoft in its latest security update.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-to-patch-17-year-old-computer-bug.900496/
Relevancy 46.44%

Well I really year old) (only half Slow a computer feel there are some quot hidden quot processes running that are slowing Slow computer (only half a year old) down my computer Here is my HJT log thank you for your help before hand Running processes C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Slow computer (only half a year old) Files x Common Files Java Java Update Slow computer (only half a year old) jusched exeC Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exeC Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinSetup exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Users Joey Downloads HijackThis exeR -- HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R -- HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R -- HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R -- HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R -- HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R -- HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R -- HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R -- HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R -- HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R -- HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR -- HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR -- HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - -BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - -BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO -- BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dllO -- BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O -- BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO -- BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO -- BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO -- BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO -- BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO -- BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dllO -- Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO -- Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO -- HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O -- HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O -- HKLM Run SwitchBoard C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exeO -- HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbyloginO -- HKLM Run InstaLAN quot C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe quot startupO --HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRunO -- Startup Rainmeter lnk C Program Files Rainmeter Rainmeter exeO -- Extra context menu item Add to Anti-Banner - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ie banner deny htmO -- Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft ... Read more

A:Slow computer (only half a year old)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:netsvcsmsconfigdrivers32 /all%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll%systemroot%\*. /mp /s/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32ahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sysuser32.dllws2_32.dll/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AUCREATERESTOREPOINTClick the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new OTL log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logIn your reply, please post both OTL logs and the GMER log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349686/slow-computer-only-half-a-year-old/
Relevancy 46.44%

hey there ok my problem is i have an old pc that i ve never got round to copying its files to my current pc below is just some info and random stuff to do with it below the --------- on info old putting Getting off and new it one 9 year computer line is the main question and info i dug the old one out the loft and started trying to mess around setting it up that s where things went bad lol first of all i d forgotten my password clever me D Getting info off 9 year old computer and putting it on new one but i managed to get that using ophtcrack so i think - all good the computer logs in then wham cant use my mouse try - different mice all wireless then buy a cheap wired usb optical one and its just refusing to accept there s a mouse plugged in i booted the computer up using ubuntu off the disc but the pcs specs arnt enough to run install ubuntu but i can use the mouse on there so i figured i ll just plug my external hdd in and move software about for mice and stuff ANOTHER problem i plug it in and then a message comes up to do with trying to run a hi speed usb device but i cant click on it to see what else it says in the bottom right where quot new hardware found quot usually pops up so basically im struggling to get a mouse working it seems even if i did i wouldnt be able to back up to my external hdd anyway and i dont think it even has a dvd writer so im at a loss as to how to back the files up i think i have about - gb worth of stuff to get off it My thought is to take the hdd out of my old pc and put it in my new pc i know id have to use a ribbon cable instead of the sata cables on my new pc and do it that way but i done this before on another pc and the hdd locked windows and said i had to ring up microsoft but this copy of windows is oem so i dont think i can just ring them to unlock it ----------- my question is how do i move my old computers hdd to my new computer so i can transfer documents and files from the old hdd to the new one Specs old pc packard bell ghz mb ram gb hdd windows xp new pc self built windows xp i hope this is enough info if it isnt i can give more details if you need them thanks for your time andy

A:Getting info off 9 year old computer and putting it on new one

Just attach the drive from the old...directly to the new, as a secondary drive...and move the files.

Of course, you will only be able to move data files...no programs installed.

To move files from the Docs/Settings group, you will have to "takw ownership."

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379723/getting-info-off-9-year-old-computer-and-putting-it-on-new-one/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have slow... computer old new running year 2 been trying for about a week now to delete from this machine anything i thought was bad with the help of google I ddownloaded the HiJack This program and ran it from what i ve been reading i just copy and past it in here and ask if there s anything bad in it I have a year old and i think that says it all Please remember i m not great at computers but i try and i havent a clue how to get to safe mode and out of it lol thanks so much Here s the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP 2 year old new computer running slow... SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system S tray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Aliant Dial-up Accelerator aliantaccel exe C Program Files Internet Call Manager ICM EXE C Program Files Google deskbar- ggviewer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB rnathchk exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus OPScan exe C WINDOWS Regedit exe C PROGRA NETSCAPE NETSCAPE NETSCP EXE C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop hijackthis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http home netscape com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS about htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Hosts search netscape com sitefinder verisign com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO PBlockHelper Class - B- FF- DD - -F BEDE EB - C Program Files Aliant Dial-up Accelerator PBHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - blank file missing O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO CWebTabsBHO Class - C A A -D - - C- F B C E - C Program Files Microgarden WebTools WebTools dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Microgarden WebTabs - E E- - E -BCCB-AE F - C Program Files Microgarden WebTools WebTools dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run WCOLOREAL quot C Program Files COMPAQ Coloreal coloreal exe quot O - HKLM Run VTPreset VTPreset exe O - HKLM Run S TRAY S tray exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run NAV CfgWiz C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CfgWiz exe GUID NAV CMDLINE quot REBOOT quot O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe -osboot O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - Startup Internet Call Manager LNK C Program Files Internet Call Manager IC... Read more

Relevancy 46.44%

My local library is planning on selling off a bunch of used computers Basically doing it all wrong but that is their problem Looks like maybe or so computers All appear to be around years old Very little info available All worked when taken out I have used some of them Not bad the Compaq s where a bit slow I never knew if it was the computers or the LAN type network they had them on The What do computer six worth??? figure is year you a Dells seemed to be good for general surfing Looks like Dells with What do you figure a six year computer is worth??? fairly nice monitors around inch or so Model Number CM E p on the monitors all dated year couldn What do you figure a six year computer is worth??? t find a model number on the computers You also get the keyboard and mouse Your basic buzz boxes with just a CD-ROM probably also tiny power supplies the cases are wee sized you ain t going to be adding much in there They were set up with Win but nobody seems to know if the software has been wiped or not Duh zero information provided as too what is in the box they are on shelves not in operational order Seems like a dumb way to do it to me why didn t they let people know about it when they were still in operation The rest are Compaqs about the same but with smaller quot monitors They all appear to have T- phone connections sound card USB and serial parallel ports Again with just a CD-ROM built in Again no model number anywhere on the computers themselves All the monitors are dated in the year What do you figure a six year computer is worth??? Figure the computers are the same year I figure they probably got like hours run time on them In general like buying a pig in a poke I tried to find out if the software is wiped or not Don t know if the answer is going to be forth coming or not In general I am really interested in a nice used cheap monitor to replace one that went South on me here recently That and some more hard drives that I used as data drives in swappable trays If they had software I might pick up a couple as back up surfing machines if the price is right Guess I could load Win on them in a pinch The Compaq s have the Win product key code tag on the back be nice if you get the software Wiping them is stupid in my book if you really expect to get any kind of money as a working system As they are doing it I figure price them out for the value of the hard drive and monitor Trying to price out the monitors I get prices somewhere in the range for the sucker retail price I ve seen plenty of these type of computers at computer shows for each you could have bought truck loads at that price The only advantage here I sort of know these ones general conditions and they all should work All the monitors are in fairly good shape I am thinking top value would be for a complete working system as they stand computer and monitor keyboard mouse I have no idea of the size of the hard drives Guess how it works you put in a sealed bid by system number for an open period of two weeks Don t appear to be very well advertised can t even hardy find the ad in the newspaper I had to look a long time Hoping for a zero response in general Am thinking of offering max in general maybe up to for a Dell with the bigger monitor Monitor and hard drive might be worth to me don t have to pay for any shipping Might have a use for some of the memory They screwed up the way they packaged them for sale ain t my fault What do you think What would be a fair price take it or leave it Locals tend to be country bumpkins you never know what they will pay for quot Fancy Computers quot I could talk myself into a price of max Ain t much in the way of quot Free Computers quot around here as in a lot of the bigger cities towns What do you think such a system is worth The buying blind always knocks a ton out of the price in my book I may even come to think is too much What is a six year old monitor worth might be the better price to offer nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

We recently bought and began using a new Linksys wireless router for our home network and connected up to it using WPA security My son got an older - year old HP w XP Old Computer Year Wireless with Security WPA 4-5 SP WPA Wireless Security with 4-5 Year Old Computer computer up and running while we were on vacation and couldn t connect to the internet wirelessly with the WPA security so he reconfigured it to WEP Long story short we had to change it back to WPA which I wanted to WPA Wireless Security with 4-5 Year Old Computer anyway because my husband s work laptop will not connect WPA Wireless Security with 4-5 Year Old Computer using WEP isn t secure enough Now my son cannot get online wirelessly because his computer supposedly is not able to shake hands with WPA That is what the woman at Linksys customer service told him This may all be true but I find it hard to believe that there is no way we can get him hooked up so what I want to know is how do we make his computer WPA enabled Can we simply buy something that will plug in and be ready to go after installing Or will he have to take it to a computer whiz that can upgrade his hardware which will cost more than is probably worthwhile Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavui exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp Check-Up New the Included) (HJT for Computer Log Year support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows System rundll exe Computer Check-Up for the New Year (HJT Log Included) C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp Computer Check-Up for the New Year (HJT Log Included) exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus TAVScan exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot c Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run Trend Micro AntiVirus quot C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavui exe quot - --delay O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NvSvc quot RUNDLL EXE quot C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter quot RUNDLL EXE quot C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Zune Launcher quot c Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe quot startintray O - H... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-check-up-for-the-new-year-hjt-log-included.666946/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a dell desk top that freezes all the time and I have to restart every time I use it for several minutes. Also I have a redirect problem I am working on. I am not computer smart and need lots of help.
thanks Kevin

A:Slow and freezing computer on 7 year old dell

Hello and welcome Kevin.We probably have malware so we'll do that first. What is your Antivirus and Operating system?Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.5.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these[/color] instructions. In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it before downloading and saving to the computer.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sur... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401785/slow-and-freezing-computer-on-7-year-old-dell/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I wasn't too sure which category to put this in but here it goes Over the past years my computers performance has decreased steadily and I'm unsure why I typically only use the computer to edit videos browse the internet and play video games Games like team fortress and elder scrolls online were a sinch to play over a year ago but Computer over past performance the decreased year now ESO only runs at FPS and Team fortress stutters heavily even when only playing at x Even months ago I ran skyrim at max graphics with graphics enhancement mods and now I can hardly run it at its lowest settings I already checked the basics scanned for viruses ran ccleaner and updated driver software I'm not really sure what can be the cause of this as I used to run these games fine before since my specs clearly can handle those games but suddenly I can hardly run anything Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX M Video Card Intel R HD Graphics RAM GB Operating System Microsoft Windows build -bit Does anyone know of any common things that could cause this

A:Computer performance decreased over the past year

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Let's take a look at your system temperatures. Follow this guide here:

How to check your system temperatures - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/computer-performance-decreased-over-the-past-year-1140850.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Toshiba laptop ... running windows 8 (not yet updated to 8.1, but will do that after I take care of the critters).

A:14 year old's computer ... think it has malware? (rhetorical question)

8.1 update is optional so you don't have to update if you don't want to.  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cle... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542465/14-year-olds-computer-think-it-has-malware-rhetorical-question/
Relevancy 46.01%

My daughter is calling me because after her 8 yr old played on the computer, there are no icons on her desktop. She can see the picture background, but nothing else - oh, when she Ctrl-Alt-Delete, that box pops up. It is a MSWindows2000.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

mimi

Relevancy 46.01%

I have many Word files on my oldest computer. I think it was the Millenium windows. I downloaded them to a thumb drive because the disc drive on the old computer will no longer work. My new laptop accepts them, but I can't read them as they are mostly symbols. What kind of software do I need to put on the new computer so that I can read my old files?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3890 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1721 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 463566 MB, Free - 426234 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NWQAA, 1.00, 123456789AB
Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi to all ... Is windows xp really that use easier to use than mac? Can they be networked togeher?

Relevancy 46.01%

Well just over a year ago I had an issue with my computer I have no idea what the fix was but it fixed itself and has been fine for over a year Here is the last years post http forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -cant-get-past-windows-blue html I was on it today and it froze When computer sometimes) safemode year later (loops issues, Same same - 1 I went to restart it would t start up I got to the windows screen and the bar would freeze and nothing would happen It loops most of the time and if I do get on it is through safe mode So far I have only been able to get the hijack this log as halfway through the GMER one it shut completely down gave me a blue screen and then displayed another screen which I had never seen before Maybe Same issues, same computer 1 year later (loops - safemode sometimes) I can upload a photo of that error I would appreciate some help while I struggle to get the required files Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Same issues, same computer 1 year later (loops - safemode sometimes) Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE E HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http in yahoo com fr fp-spt gen R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http in yahoo com fr fp-spt gen R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - b b c e- f - d -af - fc ce - C Program Files MyScrapNook bar bin SrcAs dll O - BHO Toolbar BHO - e- e d- - d-e e a - C PROGRA MYSCRA bar bin bar dll O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Search Assistant BHO - f fb- f e- f -b d-ccfa d - C Program Files MyScrapNook bar bin SrcAs dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO email protected - B -A BB- DF -B - B E DB - no file O - BHO QuickTime - D AE EA- F - DF-AC - C ACFD - C Documents and Settings Michiels Application Data QuickTime IE QuickTime dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar My Scrap Nook - fe f fb- fc - - f-ee f f - C Program Files MyScrapNook bar bin bar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run KiesHelper C Program Files Samsung Kies KiesHelper exe s O - HKLM Run KiesTrayAgent C Program Files Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Intuit SyncManager C Program Files Common Files Intuit Sync IntuitSyncManager exe startup O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Garmin Lifetime Updater C Program Files Garmin Lifetime Updater ... Read more

A:Same issues, same computer 1 year later (loops - safemode sometimes)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/same-issues-same-computer-1-year-later-loops-safemode-sometimes.1052632/
Relevancy 46.01%

Recently I noticed that every time I switch on/off the computer, the year in the Date and Time becomes 2005, while the date and time remain unchanged.
When I try to synchronize with windows time server it says the year has to be correct for synchronizing the time. But in my case only Year is changint to 2005.
Please help...can it be a problem with the RTC (Real Time clock) battery of my system...it's 6 years old now.
Please advice,
thanks

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Dell Optiplex L with Windows XP SP Home Edition It has a Pentium processor Here is the problem it has become so slow that at times slow Computer year leap as Christmas it locks up for to seconds Computer slow as leap year Christmas to complete just opening a Microsoft Works file I have run Spybot S amp D CCCleaner and McAfee and found nothing Today a green square box showed up in the Task Bar It showed the CPU running at I checked the computer over several hours and it continued to run The last time I checked the CPU was constantly varying from about to I opened the Task Manager and found that as the CPU usage got higher iexplore would go up I also noticed that I have two iexplore process running in Task Manager One has a memory usage of k and the other k Can anyone tell me why the CPU runs at most of the time when nothing is being done on the computer why I have two iexplore exe s on the Task Manager and how to fix this problem with this computer Thanks

A:Computer slow as leap year Christmas

Because you don't have at least SP3 installed...the system is more vulnerable to malware than others.

As for IE processes (iexplore.exe), anytime IE is used there should be at least two reflected in Task Manager. An additional instance is created for each additional IE window open at that time, while one is reflected all the time, as a basic ccmponent of Windows.

I suspect that the RAM used by any IE process...varies with page content. I currently show one window reflect about 65,000k, with 3 others ranging from 40,000 to 60,000. I have no malware issues .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370622/computer-slow-as-leap-year-christmas/
Relevancy 46.01%

New game caused freezes freezes, Mysterious old <1 BSODs, computer year few even when not playing possible GPU issue Link above to last issue posted elsewhere suggested I try here Long story short - played a game and after a day or two it froze After this first freeze every time I ran this game again it would freeze within seconds of starting I updated a driver and it worked again for about eight hours It then froze again Every time I restarted this game it would freeze within a minute or two Casual browsing and watching videos tends Mysterious freezes, few BSODs, <1 year old computer to be OK but starting up a game causes me to freeze up almost instantly Watching videos tends to get me to freeze but it takes longer I can CONSISTENTLY get a freeze with one particular game or if I turn on videos to full screen and watch it for a while I don't think it's a temperature issue since it's been running fine for a year relatively new and if anything it's only gotten colder WINTER TIME I suspect something with GPU or CPU but I have only managed to get two BSODs in the last week and I can't get any more the ones I did get don't give me anything that I know what to do with Any ideas

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/385555-mysterious-freezes-few-bsods-1-year-old-computer.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am building a small cabin and incorporating a solar system, and in order to find out what size solar system I need, I also need to know the yearly wattage of electricity amounts that all of my appliances and computers will use. My question is How much wattage of electricity per year does the H.P. Windows 10 Touch Screen Desk top computer use?  I have the most storage and strongest computer H.P offered on HSN.com this past year. Like all appliances, it would be nice if H.P. offered that information along with their compters on the displays and on line just like the appliance industry's energy ratings that they provide on the front of their appliances in store or on line.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Wattage-of-electricity-use-per-year-for-my-desk-top-computer/td-p/5599969
Relevancy 46.01%

here it is on the first anniversary of owning my first computer. it seems like only yesterday was thinking a window is some you close when it got cold out.

anyways, what are updates that might be neccesary for the hardware on my computer ? i went to see about an update for my modem(hamr5600 voice-modem),but could not determine if my modem needed(?) an update or where was the update on the site if i did need one.

also.isnt there video and sound updates that might be available. the following is in on my comp.:

Intel(r) 82810 Graphics Controller 4.12.01.2586

A:One-year Anniversary Of My First Computer: What Updates Might Be Needed ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-year-anniversary-of-my-first-computer-what-updates-might-be-needed.77962/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I have a problem with my computer on where when I play games such as CSGO I my a have i'm with over a problem help) year for computer now hopeless(experts and H Z my computer would crash In csgo it would crash when a smoke is thrown or when my graphics are too high and in h z it would crash when my resolution or graphics are too high sadly even when my I have a problem with my computer for over a year now i'm hopeless(experts help) graphics are at the lowest it I have a problem with my computer for over a year now i'm hopeless(experts help) still crashes I don't know what the problem is you would think its the graphics card but I have a GTX and I run usually I have a problem with my computer for over a year now i'm hopeless(experts help) FPS on most games My computer doesnt over heat from the sounds of it I run smooth and then all of a sudden my computer will instantly shut off or my screen will freeze and i cant move anything so it will force me to turn off my computer via back of the box I have no clue really its mainly to do with my graphics if I am on google or watching videos its fine but gaming wise when I have high graphics it shuts instantly off My processor is a AMD FX - Eight-Core Processor GHz and my Installed RAM is GB If anyone has a suggestion on what to do please help I have no clue at this point I also have fans to keep it cool and the side of it off sometimes in the case it feels hot but it aint loud or anything anyway thanks for listening if you have a suggestion please write it in the comments

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631222/i-have-a-problem-with-my-computer-for-over-a-year-now-im-hopelessexperts-help/
Relevancy 46.01%

New game caused freezes even when not playing possible GPU issue Link above to last issue posted elsewhere suggested I try here Long story short - played a game and after a day or two it froze After this first freeze every time I ran this game again it would freeze within seconds of starting I updated a driver and it worked again for about eight hours It then froze again Every time I restarted this game it would freeze within a minute or few BSODs, <1 computer old freezes, year Mysterious two Casual browsing and watching videos tends to be OK but starting up a game causes me to freeze up almost instantly Watching videos tends to get me to freeze but it takes longer I can CONSISTENTLY get a freeze with one particular game or if I turn on videos to full screen and watch it for a while I don't think it's a Mysterious freezes, few BSODs, <1 year old computer temperature issue since it's been running fine for a year relatively new and if anything it's only gotten colder WINTER TIME I suspect something with GPU or CPU but I have only managed to get two BSODs in the last week and I can't get any more the ones I did get don't give me anything that I know what to do with Any ideas

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385555-mysterious-freezes-few-bsods-1-year-old-computer.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys! its good to join the club!

Lately, I am faced with a problem of my laptop's system clock slowing down to 12 AM in the month of April 2007.

I am unable to operate the net since the date and time issue prevents from starting any internet operations.

My comp is running on Windows 7 Home Basic and I have recently replaced the internal clock battery/cell but to no avail! 

HELP!

A:computer clock slowing down to the year 2007

When you replaced the CMOS battery did you reset the BIOS and also set the date in BIOS?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562264/computer-clock-slowing-down-to-the-year-2007/
Relevancy 45.58%

So firstly i love that there is a computer custom 2 a in build year BSOD error - First on f4 forum dedicated to the dreaded BSOD Setting the scene Last night i put my computer on sleep mode for the first time ever whilst i went sleepies- normally i just perform a shut down Bright lights were flashing in my room so i couldnt get to sleep so lazy me turns on the computer from sleep mode and just holds the power button down to turn the computer off Everytime the computer boots just after First BSOD on a custom build computer in 2 year - f4 error the windows logo appears BSOD everytime I did install a new data drive about weeks ago which could be the root of the problem After about hours of research and cups of coffee I am pretty much a complete noob at this i found that f errors are generally a hardware issue Things i have tried -System restore to earlier date basic stuff -Change sata cables around - even having the boot disk call it drive -SSD in other sata drives and changing settings accordingly in bios which i hope was the right thing to do - I only had that boot disk connected My data HD were disconnected -Installing w on another hard drive Works fine All files appear on the SSD when i reconnected it -Can't run safe mode at all - BSOD aswell but vanishes in a blink of an eye -Ran memory diagnostics - all fine -Can't use memtest because none of my usb will allow the image to be unpacked for a bootable usb if that made sense And just some thoughts I am wondering though if it would make a difference changing the RAM sticks around I know this is an easy one to try but i dont see it logical that swapping sticks in slots would make a difference I have also seen a lot of post about performing a crash dump log Can this be performed through command prompts at all Or any other way that doesnt require your computer to be somewhat working Thanks in advance for the insight you may bring

A:First BSOD on a custom build computer in 2 year - f4 error

Hello Phuzioncrue, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325360-first-bsod-custom-build-computer-2-year-f4-error.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, when ever i use Utorrent to download something, my computer crashes, so i tried swapping Ram ( i have 2Gb x 2 ) and if i run only 1 stick and take the other out, strangley enough it runs fine! But for obvious reasons this is a hassle and would very much want to run it with both sticks in and figure out the problem here.

much appreciated.

i have Windows 7 64bit BTW.

A:uTorrent causing computer to lock up. Had this problem for over a year.

You have answered your own question, probability is that RAM module may be defective. You can verify that by running memtest, for minimum of 8 passes (first with both modules installed, then with one module at a time), however, it would be more appropriate to let it run through the night and see whether it reports any errors. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/utorrent-causing-computer-to-lock-up-had-this-problem-for-over-a-year.147822/
Relevancy 45.58%

HELP!!! at seemingly random intervals, I'll "wake up" my computer only to find its date/time entry is suddenly same date, same time, but YEAR 7011.
Not too surprisingly, things don't work right when the computer year is that far off-- which is usually what tips me off that it's happened yet again. AOL may not work, or I may bet alerts that computer protection is "no longer valid" (well gee, 5000 years from now, not surprised).
WHAT causes these repeated changes of the computer's year setting???
and of course
HOW do I fix this so it doesn't keep happening again???
thank you.

A:computer year resets 5000 years to 7011

Hi ketzie,

You will need to replace the small CMOS battery on the motherboard by the sound of it. This is the only thing that powers the clock settings when the computer is switched off, and so when flat the clock can not work putting it simply.

jodav,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406708/computer-year-resets-5000-years-to-7011/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hoping I don't need a new hard drive.

Received Compaq computer CQ61, With Win 7, 64 bit. If I try to run the Hard Drive test, I get "Hard Drive Not exist". (The computer's words, not mine) Really don't want to buy new hard drive, of course. This drive is only 2, but original equipment and no longer under warranty.

I'm told to run certain programs to check the drive. However, they have to be downloaded to the computer in question, and I can't connect via that computer. I created a bootable Flash drive, but it doesn't let me get to the hard disk.

The Disk is a SATA (by Seagate) 320 GB, Momentus 7200.4.

I can't partition when it can't see the drive, I can't run programs when I need the Hard drive to store them. Looking for some way to save the drive for a while while I save enough for a new drive!

Anyone with suggestions?

A:2 year old compaq computer all original parts -- HD not found anymore

Hello ChuckB9. Welcome to the forum.

First up: have you opened the case and physically checked the connections to the hard drive?

Be sure to do this with the PC off and the power cord unplugged.

Second: If all connections are good the Start the PC and immediately go into the BIOS setiings. On the first tab navigate to see if the hard drive shows up in the drives listings. If not, do other drives (CD-DVD) show?

Third: When you start the PC, can you hear the drive "spin up". Can you hear it running?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/222148-2-year-old-compaq-computer-all-original-parts-hd-not-found-anymore.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Allright I Radeon Beeping. Year AMD XP. 2400+ 9500, old 2 Motherboard, Nforce2 computer, m having a heck of a time with this thing I shut it down for a little bit then when it starts back up it beeps and I mean just keeps 2 Year old computer, Nforce2 Motherboard, Radeon 9500, AMD 2400+ XP. Beeping. beeping it doesnt stop Just every beep is the same length as the last one long beeps I have a phoenix - AwardBios But another strange thing also happens if I restart it it just loads up to this screen dont know what its called Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PC etc etc ASUS A N X ACPI BIOS Rev A Main Processor AMD Athlon tm XP lt ----that should say Memory Testing K OK Press DEL to enter settup -nVidia-nForce-A N X Now it STOPS there doesnt do anything I try to hit DEL and nothin happens I need some serious help here This happened before I just cleaned the computer out left it alone for a few hours and then came back and it was fine I need help nbsp

A:2 Year old computer, Nforce2 Motherboard, Radeon 9500, AMD 2400+ XP. Beeping.

ok I talked to my sister who graduated with a computer engineering degree and she said it was the memory I installed a few weeks back, yeah I feel like an *****. Apparently I didnt plug in the memory all the way in, One stick was loose and the system kept running out of memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-year-old-computer-nforce2-motherboard-radeon-9500-amd-2400-xp-beeping.24695/
Relevancy 41.71%

I m at a loss This has taken way too long to fix Seeking Professional help Here is the HJT log I ve searched online for everything to get rid of these problems I have NIS Ad-Aware spysweeper Microsoft antispyware CWShredder AboutBuster Autoruns ewido and nothing completely removes the problems I have alos lost my desktop when I right click properties it says not available It has a blank screen Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS help a major on need computer system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe need major help on a computer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Common Files need major help on a computer AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe c program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop virus tools Autoruns autoruns exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop virus tools HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - BHO no name - - - C- DC -FFD D A - C Program Files CSBB CSBB dll file missing O - BHO no name - - - CA -B A -A BDCE - C Program Files tbn gm tbn gm dll file missing O - BHO Class - B - EF - E- C -AB A B - C WINDOWS mfclf dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Class - AEA - - E -C - D FEE A - C WINDOWS winfx dll file missing O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO Class - FD -EAEB-F E- F-F D B - C WINDOWS apiyw dll file missing O - BHO no name - DFC F- - -C A - D DAEDFB - C WINDOWS system pcofocqp dll file missing O -... Read more

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I need help with a specific problem I recently bought some articles for my computer here is what my ex configuration looked like GHz Pentium Prescott CPU D GEV Intel Motherboard Gb RAM Sapphire Radeon X Pro GPU Plug-and-Play Screen Gb HDD Non-SATA Gb HDD SATA W PSU Windows XP SP with Direct X c to GHz Pentium Prescott CPU D GEV Intel Motherboard Gb need with my computer! I help major RAM Only recognize EVGA Nvidia GT GPU I need major help with my computer! Plug-and-Play Screen Gb HDD Non-SATA Gb HDD SATA Corsair VX W PSU Windows XP SP with Direct X c On the first computer I was playing games like Call of Duty on medium-low graphics at around and more FPS With the new rig I get a maximum of FPS and most of the time it s around - FPS What is the problem I get a twice more powerful GPU and it s only more FPS I updated the drivers I used commmands set maxfps for example I turned up fan to I played with the settings including resolution and turning every effects off or etc I also checked the temperature stable at like degrees updated Direct X updated BIOS I tried everything basic what is the problem Is my CPU bottlenecking my GPU If so why Anyone can light me up It s getting annoying and it s the same on every games I need help I want to resolve this problem Also I recently installed Far Cry during the starting ride when the guy speak I get about FPS and every word he says it is repeating over and over and over About times then it starts again for the next word all of that at FPS Yes I played with the settings always the same Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I had an infected file pop up and I hit okay to delete it and then got another error saying they couldn't locate the file I couldn't even manually find it I found this site and followed to get hijackthis and here is my log Please help Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe Computer help.. needs major C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Common Files Computer needs major help.. AOL ee services safetyCore ver aolavupd exe C Program Files CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe C PROGRA mcafee com ANTIVI mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Computer needs major help.. VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files mcafee com personal firewall MPFService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter NICServ exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Computer needs major help.. WINDOWS system rmctrl exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services safetyCore ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files mcafee com antivirus oasclnt exe C Program Files mcafee com antivirus mcvsescn exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C Program Files AOL Companion companion exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter Gcc exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter OdHost exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee SSCEvtHdlr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files mcafee com personal firewall MpfTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe c program files common files aol ee anotify exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bankofamerica com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - F B DE -E A - D - D -EE F B AACF - WTFCTF dll file missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl C WINDOWS system rmctrl exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer Rea... Read more

A:Computer needs major help..

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before begining the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

This is but Round 1 of what could be several posts. Plese be sure to follow up until you're given the all clear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

Please download FixWareout from one of these sites:
http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exe
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...Fixwareout.exe

Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish.
The fix will begin; follow the prompts. You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.

Once the desktop loads a text file will open (report.txt), you can close it - the file has already been saved.

Run HijackThis. Click "Do a System Scan Only", and place a check next to the following items (if found):

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {F32B2DE5-E0A6-79D6-7D65-EE0F72B0AACF} - WTFCTF.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sysmon12] killall.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SAPSTR] new32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [xsetup] nmdllw.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SYSTRAV] SAPSTR.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{26178CF4-ECA2-4F62-9998-55D64389D86C}: NameServer = 85.255.116.82,85.255.112.235
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{37252FDB-0242-4E4C-AD1F-EEC0B6C3EEA0}: NameServer = 85.255.116.82,85.255.112.235
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{26178CF4-ECA2-4F62-9998-55D64389D86C}: NameServer = 85.255.116.82,85.255.112.235

Click FIX CHECKED. Close HijackThis.

Delete these files if they still exist:

C:\Windows\System32\killall.exe
C:\Windows\System32\new32.exe
C:\Windows\System32\nmdllw.exe
C:\Windows\System32\SAPSTR.exe

Finally, please post the contents of the text file that opened earlier (you can find it at C:\fixwareout\report.txt ), along with a new HijackThis log into this topic.

**If you receive an error message while trying to run FixWareout, copy autoexec.nt from the C:\WINDOWS\repair folder to C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder, and run FixWareout again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-needs-major-help-136436.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My computer has been running extremely slow recently. Here is an HJT log. Could someone tell me if everything looks OK?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:01:54 AM, on 9/27/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee\mcafee antispyware\massrv.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\OasClnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\readericon45G.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic 6\SMSystemAnalyzer.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/comcast.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer presented by Comcast
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - {41D68ED8-4CFF-4115-88A6-6EBB8AF19000} - c:\program files\mcafee\spamkiller\mcapfbho.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [readericon] C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\readericon45G.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKDetct.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPSExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mscifapp.exe /embedding
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Fil... Read more

A:major computer lag

Hmmmmmmm looks fine to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/major-computer-lag.504755/
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok, I run window's XP Home edition
My computer has 128 ram
I don't know my video card

I play a game called Diablo II Lord of destruction, and I constantly lag, not just in the game, but my computer sometimes freezes up for short periods of time, and since I play HARDCORE on the game, it's very very bad for me. In hardcore, you die once, your dead forever!

So.. How would I go about downloading the latest graphics driviers?

A:Major Computer Lag~Help please!

Downlaod Aida32. Extract all files it into its own folder and run it. Click the display link on the left navigation then the PCI/AGP video, you will see your listed card or chipset on the right.

The problem most likey is your ram too, your computer is kinda minimal for running games...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/major-computer-lag-help-please.474113/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello i have just bought a computer and i am trying to install windows 98 on it because it came with no operating system on it and when im running the setup it formats drive C then it runs a routine check then it starts to install then i get an error that says: Setup has detected the following decoding error 'Setup has detected a corrupt setup [.cab] file'. Setup will attempt to recover from this situation.

I have tried fdisk to delete my partition but there is none in there.

A:Major Computer Help

i just tried to install windows 2000 professional on it and it says the file ntfs.sys is corrupted

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/major-computer-help.368305/
Relevancy 41.28%

Okay so my computer has been running fine until just recently. I tried to turn on my computer but all it shows after i turn it on is a Blank Screen. It turns on shows the name of my computer (Vaio) then blank. But i am able to go to the Boot Setup screen and i am able to go to the screen where i can go to Safe Mode. I clicked safe mode but it ran about 10 lines of programming lines then stopped and didn't respond after that. I dont know what the problem is and i want to get it fixed by myself but i don't know how... Please.. can you give me some input on how to fix it?

Oh and i can also get to a screen where i can return my C drive to factory Default.. Do you think that will fix it? Please i am in desperate need of help.

A:Major computer help needed!!

What operating system is this on? When it says "restore factory settings" wherever you say it comes up, are there any logo's or any indication of what program is prompting you to return to default? It freezing when loading drivers during Safe Mode could be an indication of damaged core drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/major-computer-help-needed.942502/
Relevancy 41.28%

I've been having serious problems with my computer a yellow triangle w an exclamation point has appeared on my taskbar and it keeps popping up w a message that says my computer is infected i also keep getting messages that i cannot access certain folders and to contact my system administrator but this is major with computer help Need problems my personal computer i've tried every spyware scanner that Need help with major computer problems i Need help with major computer problems know of and nothing has worked i ran hijack this and below is the results of that scan i would greatly appreciate some help with this issue thank you so much Logfile of Need help with major computer problems Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Documents and Settings Jake Lohwater Application Data jjwidsddvros exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Jake Lohwater load exe C Documents and Settings Jake Lohwater Desktop HijackThis exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run net C WINDOWS svhoster exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKCU Run Microsft Windows Adapter C Documents and Settings Jake Lohwater Application Data jjwidsddvros exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - DPF D BEE E- C A- D -B EC- EDB D F - http www drivecleaner com freewar eanerstart cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip A C A-FD D- - F A- C C NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip A C A-FD D- - F A- C C NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip A C A-FD D- - F A- C C NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters NameServer O - User stylesheet file missing O - AppInit DLLs C WINDOWS system hanonvt ini O - Service AntiVir Service AntiVirService - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Jake Lohwater Desktop AVGUARD EXE file missing O - Service AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s r o - C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - Service AntiVir Update AVWUpSrv - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Jake Lohwater Desktop AVWUPSRV EXE file missing O - Service Google Updater Serv... Read more

A:Need help with major computer problems

Hello and sorry for the delay.

Please do the following:

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/need-help-with-major-computer-problems-176074.html
Relevancy 41.28%

The problem is that any time I play any audio at all No matter if it is playing out of Winamp Windows Media Player Fl studio Pro Tools or even something off of line Computer Please Help Problems Major or something The audio sounds Horrible It pops and skips like its a scratched cd and it sound like So bad I am unable to produce music or listen to anything for that matter I have had this computer for over a year and have never encountered this problem or anything similar I have a M-Audio Fire Wire Solo sound card I have already reinstalled the updated drivers off of M-Audio com So I don t think that the soundcard is the problem I think the problem is more computer related something about my buffers settings maby Although I have not changed any settings that I have been using for a year But I am not sure this is my HIJACK THIS LOGFILE Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Please Help Major Computer Problems exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Please Help Major Computer Problems WINDOWS system MAFWTray exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files CoolMon CoolMon exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME brandon LOCALS Temp Rar EX HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ... Read more

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there I ve been getting a few of strange pop ups on my computer - I can t specifically remember what they say but they are all warning prompts about my registry being in danger When I run Internet Explorer I am currently using Mozilla - my start menu and that whole tool bar disappears Below is my hijack this log - if anyone would could help me that would be great Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes With Computer! Problems My Major C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT Major Problems With My Computer! system ibmpmsvc exe C Major Problems With My Computer! WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system ni nic exe C WINNT system NMSSvc exe C WINNT System QCONSVC EXE C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C DMI WIN bin Win sl exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system tp mon exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCWLICON EXE C WINNT system Promon exe C WINNT system ltmsg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files PowerISO Major Problems With My Computer! PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINNT system rundll exe C WINNT system internat exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Winamp Remote bin OrbTray exe C Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings madeline Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www shareware us srchasst html O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run TrackPointSrv tp mon exe O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run QCWLICON C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCWLICON EXE O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run LTWinModem ltmsg exe O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run runner C WINNT mrofinu exe A B BBF B FF F B E B F AA EBD D C B F O - HKLM Run f f rundll exe quot C WINNT system ataugile dll quot b O - HKCU Run internat exe internat exe O - HKCU Run BitTorrent DNA quot C Program Files DNA btdna exe quot O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run Orb quot C Program Files Winamp Remote bin OrbTray exe quot background O - HKCU Run AdobeUpdater C Program Files Common Files Adobe Updater AdobeUpdater exe O - Startup Last fm Helper lnk C Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http gfx hotmail com mail w resources MSNPUpld cab O - DPF BD CDA- BA - - FAA- F E D - ms-its mhtm... Read more

A:Major Problems With My Computer!

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!
Please update your version of Hijackthis:
Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.

Where is your anti-virus software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/major-problems-with-my-computer.684240/
Relevancy 41.28%

So I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but it Windows XP is my OS so Details of my comp OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name PWNASAURUS System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD ASUS P NSLI ACPI BIOS Revision SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp sp rtm - quot Major Error... Computer User Name PWNASAURUS Jacksauce Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Motherboard ASUS P NSLI RAM Type Geil x MB - Dual Channel Anyways I ordered a cpu from Cyberpowerpc com about months ago When I first got the CPU directly after I formatted the HD and installed windows I kepy getting BSOD So after a few memory swaps it seems that my comp had Major Computer Error... a bad stick or so it seemed So I shipped it back and they Major Computer Error... shipped me a new stick I was supposed to have GB So I put the new stick in and everything worked out for a few days Then I blue screened while playing World of Warcraft so I rebooted and then I could not even start the game without it getting a critical error and closing shortly after that happens any and all my programs start closing themselves with a critical error including my explorer desktop then the computer Blue Screens again But as soon as I remove one of the sticks typically the quot new quot stick they sent me everything works ok but then I am running at half capacity When I put both sticks back in things start to fail again So I contacted them and they said to tune the frequency of my RAM to instead of and within minutes of doing this the problem started again So I called them back and they said it must be a problem with the motherboard so they shipped me a new motherboard Which I got roughly days ago I installed the new mobo and booted it up praying my problem was solved and it wasnt Same exact thing happened again So then they said to reformat Windows which I was hesitant to do because I did not feel it was Windows related I reformatted Windows last night and then just now everything started closing again The one thing that I keep telling them is that my sticks of RAM they sent me do not match and have different model numbers but they are both PC DDR Also neither of the model numbers are listed as a supported type of memory in the ASUS motherboards user manual yet they claim that this isn't a memory problem Are they just trying to cover thier or is something else really wrong I could really use some help on this My AIM screen name is Pyrrhical and my email is Any help is appreciated this has been consuming Major Computer Error... all my time and with no results Thanks Jack

A:Major Computer Error...

just bumping it here, bout to head off to work...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/major-computer-error-153583.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm interested in the Core 2 Extreme QX6700, and I understand that to upgrade to that processor, I'll need a new motherboard and RAM as well. I don't have the know-how to attempt such major surgery on my own, but having Alienware install the upgraded components (which I would have to buy from them at marked-up prices) would cost an arm and a leg. My preference would be to buy the individual components for the best price I can find on the Web, then take my system to a skilled computer technician for the installation. Are there places that will do this sort of thing? Geek Squad doesn't appear to be equipped to handle a major overhaul like this. Where can I find a place that will install parts purchased elsewhere?

A:Major Computer Overhaul: Who Can Do it For Me?

Call some of your local builder/repair shops. This is an easy way to build a machine. Just check with the builder before you order the parts to make sure of compatability.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/major-computer-overhaul-who-can-do-it-for-me.591174/
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok i dont know what the problem is but i do know my computer is messed up i cannot open any program incuding Windows Restore everything is showing as if it were a program that i would have to select from a reccomened list . i dont know what to do and if i go[ to "My compuer/Programs" i noticed that in every folder there is like a movie file i dont know what it is but i really need help please help??

A:Major Computer Problem

Boot to Safe Mode by tapping the "F8" key after turning it on @ once per second.

Try using System Retore while in Safe Mode.

This sounds like malware to me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/major-computer-problem-130931.html