Windows Support Forum

Lost sound device

Q: Lost sound device

The sound device for muting and volume control has disapeared from my system tray.
It is checked in all the right places but wont show up and it will not play in the browser. When I try and watch a news video in cnn.com or msnbc.com etc. Please help, running XP media center on Toshiba Quosmio

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost sound device

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lost sound device

is it the icon that looks like a grey speaker?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-device.644983/
Relevancy 62.78%

THE FOLLOWING IS THE MESSAGE I GET WHEN TRYING TO PLAY ANYTHING RATHER ITS WINDOWS OR REALPLAYER. WHEN I GO TO CONTROL PANEL SOUNDS HARDWARE I CANT CLICK ON THE OPTIONS TO ENABLE TGHIS DEVICE
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.
THIS IS MY COMPUTER INFO

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 2800+, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1983 Mb
Graphics Card: VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP , 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114463 MB, Free - 46025 MB;
Motherboard: , K8M800-M2, ,
Antivirus: Symantec Endpoint Protection, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:No sound device lost big time

Here's your motherboard:

Home > Products > Motherboard > Socket 754

I'm assuming you're using the onboard sound, so here's the driver: (I'm also assuming you're in the USA):

Driver Name RealTek Codec Sound on board driver
Version 3.98(6220)
Release Date 2007/02/07
Update Description
Special Note
File Size 30.5MB
Support O.S Windows 98 ; Windows Me ; Windows 2000 ; Windows XP 32bit edition ; Windows XP 64bit edition

You'll need to use WinRAR or WinZIP to open the *.ZIP file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-device-lost-big-time.948371/
Relevancy 62.78%

it's no longer available to the system, but everytime I troubleshoot everything is "ALRIGHT". I
it's driving me crazy.

A:lost sound device after re-install

did you go to the computer manufacturers website and download their drivers for your specific system? Also did you make sure your sound is not on mute?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-sound-device-after-re-install-294584.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am really sorry to bother again. But I can't get any sound in my PC. I need it desperately, since I work as a translator and I just got a program to dictate to my PC. (Voice to Text) and there is no way I can get WMD to work. Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

raramuristar

A:NO SOUND-windows media device lost

first we need some specs on the computer and when you started having this prob. what type of media card you have and so forth and how long have you had your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-windows-media-device-lost.538629/
Relevancy 50.74%

I can cast music to my Sony Bravia XBR 65x850b tv.
However when I have it as a a duplicate display sound I get on the speakers primary display does not come from the speakers on the TV.

On the device manager the TV shows as a media device.
However, the TV does not appear under sound.
Alll that shows under sound is
Speakers
Digital audio (S/PDIF). Digital audio is set as default

How can I have any sound on my PC desktop also come through my TV?

Do I disconnect my Speakers and have the sound come through my Samsung monitor?

What additional info might the list need to help solve this?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39955-no-sound-tv-device-mgr-tv-shows-media-device-not-under-sound.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am on son's Clevo laptop and they tell me they have not had sound for a very long time.

I check, download and install latest drivers from the Clevo website, but still no sound.

I have deleted all device drivers and allowed Windows to rediscover the drivers again - everything went well but found a PCI device that could not find drivers for so put the yellow Exclamation Mark - but still no Audio Device.

I checked the BIOS, there is no option to turn on/off the sound so I presume audio is turned on as everything is integrated, but still the Sounds and Audio Device Properties says that there are No Audio Devices. So either the device is faulty or there is some other way of being able to get the computer to recognise the Audio Devices.

If there is any suggestion(s) it would be greatly appreciated.

David

A:Onboard sound but 'No Audio Device' in device properties

Sometimes kids overdrive the audio chips until they overheat and burn out. If burned out, it will not detect.
Might be time to disable the onboard sound and install an external sound card and software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-sound-but-no-audio-device-in-device-properties.149588/
Relevancy 47.3%

After closing a tab sound hear thing! a Lost a after computer can't shows sound crash, working but heavy google chrome window my pc had a crash during this crash the second of the song that was playing repeated til the pc rebooted After this tho I no longer have any sound at all from my computer I'm running windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack installed My speakers work Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! I checked them with my mp player and the pc isn't on mute or turned down to zero The strange part that confuses me tho is that the sound mixer window shows audio levels when i do play music or youtube but even with volume at full blast there is no audio as a work around for the time being i've set my pc to broadcast my pc's audio and then just use my lap top to tune into my station to listen to my music but this is getting old really Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! quick when i check Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! my sound card realtek high definition audio in device manager it says 'this device is working properly' is it possible my soundcard broke fried and it still showing it fine with audio levels moving

A:Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing!

I've seen that before. Try uninstalling then re-installing the drivers. Worked for me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537902/lost-sound-after-a-computer-crash-shows-sound-working-but-cant-hear-a-thing/
Relevancy 47.3%

Alright, so here's the scoop. I recently formatted my computer into xp and updated it to sp3, but in the programs (aida64 among them) I was using to search for drivers it said that my sound device was outdated (Soundmax High Definition audio integrated device I think) and so I installed Soundmax's latest driver/ program. Yet that made the sound scratchy or added a fuzz to the sound that wasn't there before. I tried going back to a restore point but that didn't work so I disabled the device in Device Manager. Now the device doesn't even appear in the Manager, even after re installing the chipset and the program. Does this warrant a belarc report to be solved?
Any help would be much appreciated and thank you for your time.

Unfortunately the duke of flukes wasn't lucky this time.

A:Sound device disabled, now gone from device Manager

Try running Everest and have it create a report and then attach that to your next post.

Download link is available in my signature.

Is this an OEM computer or custom built? If OEM - Make & Model would be helpful.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-device-disabled-now-gone-from-device-manager-573134.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi
Its bit complicated.
I have 5 year old Compaq Pressario V3611AU notebook with AMD Atholon X2 TK-55 processor. Was using Windows XP and everything working fine. Recently I upgraded RAM to 2GB & processor was changed to AMD Turion(tm) X2 TL-60 2.00Ghz. I installed windows 7 and everything worked fine for a week with no issues.
Recently when switched on it showed red cross on volume device. When I checked in device manager the sound video & Game controller has disappeared.

I checked most of the site but unable to install the exact driver.

Even I tried to add with Legacy Drivers in Device Manager but failed to install the correct driver.Even I re installed my Windows 7 but same issue. When I click on Volume device to fix the issue end up with Hardware Changes has been effected.

Please help me whether it is an issue with Sound Card or with driver.

A:Missing Sound Video & Game Controller in Device Manager, no sound

Just download Realtek High Definition Audio Codec (Windows Vista / Windows 7 32-bit) - Reviews and free Realtek High Definition Audio Codec (Windows Vista / Windows 7 32-bit) downloads at CNET Download.com I hope its help..

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/208877-missing-sound-video-game-controller-device-manager-no-sound.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there, i had vista on my laptop, i formatted and installed XP, went to the Sony website got the Audio Codec driver for my Model which is VGN-CR22G installed the driver, rebooted and Sound in Control panel is still greyed out! Windows Audio is Enabled

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello there! So.. I'm in a pickle with my machine and Windows 7 after this latest update. On startup I get an error from MMDevApi.dll saying that it might not run on Windows or... something else. This also occurs anytime a program tries to use the sound card ie. WoW, Yahoo IM, Live IM, SL, etc. I've updated my sound card drivers to the newest ones. I still get an error that says the device is detected when going to "Sound Devices" in the control panel.

Trying to adjust the sounds themselves leads me to the Windows Audio thing... which won't start even from the component list.

Sound Card is a SB Audigy SE

A:No sound, no sound device detected, drives installed?

I have a similar fault with SB Xtreem Music - downloading the latest driver (2.18.0013) sems to corrupt Windows Audio file and it also prevents me from accessing the Control Panel, do you have this fault? otherwise sound is ok.
[email protected]

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/35687-no-sound-no-sound-device-detected-drives-installed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I've had this problem since windows vista, in windows xp i could record my line in perfectly, without any problems, but now, even if i enabled Stereo mix(tried mono also) it won't make any sound when i try playing some music.

Anyony that can help me with this?

Also, as stated in the title, i'm using an USB sound card device.

A:Can't record my line in sound, using USB sound device and windows 7

Hi Coolman12 and welcome to the forum!

I did some digging regarding your Zalman ZM-RSSC, unfortunately zalman never released vista driver support for it. If you were able to make it work for Vista, you're chances to make it work for Windows 7, that pretty much tells you that you're out of luck

But there's probably one thing you might be able to do to make it work. Please try the Windows 7 Driver solution. It could be worth a shot.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/4188-cant-record-my-line-sound-using-usb-sound-device-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My wife s system has no sound I did an upgrade install of XP pro hoping that might take care of it to no avail The card shows up in the device manager as working properly but in the sounds applet in control panel it says no sound device is installed sound shows device card no up in Sound manager I have tried delting the cards and reinstalling from scratch I ve tried installing a different card none of those things work I have spent many unhappy hours trying to make the thing function again The system is running XP SP AMD athlon Gigabyte GA VT L gig memory Onboard sound or Soud Blaster Audagy sp The system I am using now is the same configuration and it has never had a problem I should say that her sound worked until a browser hijack got through Once I cleaned it up the sound was gone Having systems set up the same way I thought would make troubleshooting esier Nope I have all the same services running as her box and I have sound I m out of ideas short of a reformat and reload She teaches school and has a TON of little programs that would require me to spend all my free time fo the next month reloading her box I am out of ideas Dennis nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-shows-up-in-device-manager-no-sound.566860/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
i have lost the sound icon on the bottom right side of the screen and also the sound on the PC is now not working i found SNDVOL32 and try to run but comes up with the message below:

There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, Click Printers and other hardware, and then click Hardware.
this program will now close

after i have done this i got back Realtek HD Audio Manager but the sound comes out funny like an echo what can i do do get this back to normal?

please help

A:LOST sound icon and no sound working

go to sound and audio devices in control panel in the properties window click place volume control on the task bar once you can open the sound controls check none are in mute option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-icon-and-no-sound-working.884097/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an hp pavilion dv6700 notebook and I can not get the wired lan to identify any networks. In addition, I am getting the little speaker icon with a red x that says no audio output device is installed. So you would think that you should just reinstall the drivers but there is nothing listed in the device manager and there is not even a tab for gaming and sound controllers. I have tried to install the drivers but get the error that the media device for these drivers is not present. The network adapter appears in the device manager and I have reinstalled the drivers many times and in different ways but to no avail. What kind of problem could this be and what else can I do? Did I mention that I have recovered to the factory state and still get these errors? I would think that this has something to do with windows update...

A:No sound device in device manager, no lan

Hve you made any changes in the BIOS that could account for the missing devices?
Different BIOS versions have differing ways to enable and disable hardware.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-device-in-device-manager-no-lan-375616.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok last night I switch off the pc with no problems No installs or anything that day Today I switch on and the sound has gone mental all I get is white noise hissing at max volume level I have done the following to see if I could find the problem checked all connections removed the driver and re-installed the driver a few times updated the driver - was already at most recent replaced speakers with Device sound - Like C-Media Sound no CM6501 old set - still only loud C-Media CM6501 Like Sound Device - no sound hissing at max C-Media CM6501 Like Sound Device - no sound volume checked bios - all enabled C-Media CM6501 Like Sound Device - no sound system restore - no change I even tried the front audio sockets - no change No conflicts in Device manager The sound card is an onboard card Cmedia on an asus board Board ASUSTeK Computer INC M N-SLI XX C-Media CM Like Sound Device Driver version I m thinking it is a software fault but apart from re-installing the drivers I m not sure how to resolve this at all Can anyone help please nbsp

A:C-Media CM6501 Like Sound Device - no sound

It may be time to install a simple low cost PCI sound card. When you do this, be sure to turn off the failed onboard sound in the motherboards bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c-media-cm6501-like-sound-device-no-sound.131938/
Relevancy 45.15%

I ve been using a used PCI Sound Blaster for about a week and found that no Replaced sound working, but sound device everything it was slowing down my system and providing same sound quality as the on-board sound C-Media AC I have added the Sound Blaster after i Replaced sound device everything working, but no sound formatted the computer I uninstall Creative tech from add remove programs removed sound blaster from device manager and removed creative registry folder When i Replaced sound device everything working, but no sound removed all sound blaster drivers the sound Replaced sound device everything working, but no sound was still working I turned off the computer then i removed the sound card I went to my motherboard page and got the sound drivers on their website and it is the correct drivers cause i used it before I rebooted and the on-board sound drivers show up in device manager and it says its working properly I have done the following I tried all three sound ports with three different devices and none of them produced sound I loaded a system restore point to when my sound was working and it didn t work still Windows Audio services is started automatically My on-board sound card is listed in sound and devices properties Volume is turned on max and nothing is muted My on-board sound card is the only playback device listed I showed all hidden devices in device manager and there is no yellow or red mark in sound video and game controllers On-Board sound card is enabled in bios I have the latest Directx although i installed it when i had the Sound Blaster I reinstalled the C-Media drivers several times I think this problem is caused by old sound drivers from sound blaster not being deleted properly When i was deleting my Sound Blaster drivers i went to Creative s website and found how to uninstall their drivers but one of the steps asks to put the sound blaster CD in and run CTZAPXX EXE But my CD does not have that file and some of the folders it asks for maybe because this Sound Blaster is really old My Motherboard is Asrock P VM and my on-board sound device is C-Media AC nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-sound-device-everything-working-but-no-sound.723880/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi HP Team, I am using HP 431 notebook pc, serial no: 5CB2242P7H, I purchase it on 27 oct 2012. My device lost, I want to track that device and I want my MAC address of my laptop.I also want your customer care toll free number. Kindly help me out regarding my query. Regards,Vishal Kumar8802306246

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Device-lost/td-p/5616742
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi to all.

On my Dell OptiPlex 755 E6550 2.33, I've had intermittent issues with the headphone socket suddenly stopping working for quite some time,sometimes problem is auto detected and fixed, sometimes I download a driver or three to resolve. This time nothing is helping no matter what drivers I've tried. Have Win 7 Ultimate installed with just on-board sound. No sound or audio shows up in device manager? Are 755's fickle with on-board sound or just too many sound drivers installed? Any ideas please.

A:Dell OptiPlex 755 No Audio Output device and no Sound/Audio in Device Manager

There could be multiple hidden audio devices.
* Press windows key + R* Enter cmd, click OK* Type cd\ [press Enter]* Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 [press Enter]* Type devmgmt.msc [press Enter]* Once the Device Manager opens, open Sound and see if you have multiple grey out items. If yes, delete them, then restart the computer and retest

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19679984
Relevancy 44.72%

My computer has lost the d drive. I have a Compaq Pesario 5461. I was having trouble installing a game and downloaded a new driver from the Compaq website. It apparantly was not the right one and the computer would no longer reconize the d drive. I was getting "d: device not ready". I contacted Compaq support who advised me to delete the cdrom from properties and the computer would auto detect it. It hasn't. I have tried taking the cdrw completely out and putting it back in, but it still doesn't auto detect it. It is completely out of device manager and won't reinstall. I searched this site but I'm not sure exactlly what to do in bios to correct.

Relevancy 44.72%

I posted my message yesterday. Isn't there anyone out there that can help me?

A:Lost Audio Device

hiya,have you tried a vista driver if one is available for your audio,worth a shot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-audio-device.1011639/
Relevancy 44.72%

Have lost access to device manager after uninstalling Norton v 6 in Windows 7 system.

Had explorer problems after installing version 6.0 of Norton and decided to uninstall Norton. Unfortunately this seems to have created some weird results like not being able to access device manager.

Can run services and this shows Plug and Play are started automatically; does anyone of you know whether Norton made some register changes and/or some other magic that makes device manager unaccessable after uninstalling.

Many thanks in advance

A:Lost Device Manager

and welcome to the Forum

Norton can do a lot of bad things to a system . . particularly if it is already infected.

Try some of the alternate methods here:

Open Device Manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-device-manager-643953.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i had Virus on monday while i was on Youtube, but i did get rid of it,
My computer then restart now i have lost Word office, i can not get it back on also lost my auido device
i have tried to
Right clicked My computer then click on properties, then i clicked Hardward then Device Magnager, then i right clicking sound and video and games, and press action

But that didn't help, i don't know any other way to get my auido back!

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello!

I have an "Icy Box" USB2 external hard drive enclosure with a 160Gb drive installed connected to a USB2 socket on my XP Home Edition computer.

After turning the device on, it is recognised by the computer & an icon appears in the System Tray indicating that I can safely remove it if I want to so.

My problem is that after a while, (the time varies), the device fails to be recognised by the computer. I have to turn the power off to the device then turn it back on again. The device is then recognised again.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated - many thanks!

Best wishes to you all.

Tim Cutler.

A:Lost USB2 Device.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-usb2-device.294372/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello.

Here is my issue: I'm missing my Conexant playback device. I have an HP Pavillion 2610us notebook which is running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS. All of a sudden, I've lost all sounds, but iTunes, Pandora and other programs seems to be working well and continue to play tracks. After checking my control panel, I've noticed that my Conexant is missing. However, there is still the Speakers: Bluetooth Hands Free Audio and Bluetooth Stereo Audio in my Device Manager. I've tried the following steps:

1. Ran HP Recovery Manager to re-install original audio drivers. However, "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the device for this driver" appeared and was unsuccessful.

2. I've downloaded and attempted to install the Conexant driver, sp37858, specific for this notebook, from the HP website. Still, "Driver Installation Failed: could not find the device for this driver."

These were all ran as administrator. Any useful suggestions?

A:Lost Playback Device

go to device manager update your driver there. When it asks if you want to look on the internet say no. Browse to the downloaded file you downloaded from their site
http://forum.notebookreview.com/gate...4-13-09-a.html
This thread might help as well

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/281149-lost-playback-device.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all,

I'm new here and would like to ask a question. I have a compaq presario that my brother-in-law upgraded from windows xp to windows 7. Well, because of that, I lost my audio device. I have a high definition audio device listed with a yellow sign next to it. And I have get an error message that says "This device cannot start (code 10)". I updated the driver and it says it's up-to-date. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall to no avail. I also clicked on the volume button to troubleshoot the driver and I get a message that says high definition audio device has a problem.

I went to windows support, but they have no audio drivers for windows 7. Is there anything else I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
varstrom

Relevancy 44.72%

I`ve formatted last time then I couldn`t find Network Adapter

I`ve GA-Extreme motherboard with win 7 64-bit

What do you suggest ?

A:I have lost Network Device

Go to the Gigabyte website and find the LAN driver for your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-lost-network-device.147834/
Relevancy 44.72%

for some unknown reason "My computer" window no longer shows some of my devixe icons
ie; device A.. floppy disc shows device C ..hard drive shows device D/E cd/dvd show
others that did show and now dont are for my sd card etc which used to show .F,G,H,I,J
stumped i am!!

A:lost device icons

nizmaro said:

for some unknown reason "My computer" window no longer shows some of my devixe icons
ie; device A.. floppy disc shows device C ..hard drive shows device D/E cd/dvd show
others that did show and now dont are for my sd card etc which used to show .F,G,H,I,J
stumped i am!!Click to expand...

Hi nizmaro.
Try this.Restart your pc/as soon as your bios screen disappears hit F8 scroll up to start Computer at last good configeration hit enter/then hit enter again if required and see how that goes if that dont work Go start/all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore/pick restore my computer to an earlier time/pick a date in bold print before your trouble started then click Next
Good luck.
Rex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-device-icons.509053/
Relevancy 44.29%

i have a dell solo 5300, windows xp. i recently discovered i had no sound when trying to watch a video. i went to the control panel under sounds to check the volume and it said i had no audio device. this happened overnight as i had watched a video the night before. a few days before this happened, someone installed Kodak Shareware so they could post some photos on facebook. at this time the computer said it was running low on virtual memory and was creating space. don't know if this has anything to do with my problem, but would like to get my audio device back. any suggestions? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-my-audio-device.850632/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all Lately i ve been having problems with some computer games Some work fine and reliably but several others 3D problem lost Direct device have all been exhibiting the same problem Specifically when i try to run one at some point typically the menu screen my screen will blank briefly and then the game will be minimised to the desktop If i try to maximise it again the same thing will happen The rest of the computer s functions seem to keep working fine while this is happening GuildWars runs fine The Call of Duty demo sometimes runs sometimes does this Rome Total War Serious Sam demo Black and White and FarCry all always have this problem I also tried running a benchmark program called DMark It did the same thing screen briefly blanking when i tried to run the test and then gave me an error message It says the Direct D device is lost I hope that Direct 3D device lost problem this message will be the clue to what s wrong I ll link to imagshack with a screenshot But what it says is quot Direct DDevice resentFailed Device lost D DERR DEVICELOST quot error message http img imageshack us img arkerror ju jpg So i ran dxdiag No problems with any of the tests I should note that all of these games used to run OK on this computer I can t pin down any one time or thing i might have done to cause the problem but it s been this way for months at least Like i said some games such as Guild Wars work absolutely reliably and with no performance issues even though this game is as demanding as the others ish I have the latest drivers for my graphics card and the system temps seem OK I ve taken the computer completely apart a couple of times to check for problems to no avail I have screens - a quot TFT at x and an old quot CRT at x So does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this or any other tests i can do Thanks for any help AMD Venice MB Corsair DDR N-Force mobo can t remember the exact name ATI Radeon X XL g-card Creative Audigy sound card W Antec SmartPower PSU optical drives etc etc WinXp SP Latest Catylyst drivers haven t needed to update yet no changes since i bought the graphics card nbsp

A:Direct 3D device lost problem

Hmm....in looking at your system specs, I see one possible weak point, the 350w power supply. Granted, it's an Antec, so the quality is there, but I don't really know if 350w is enough for a 64-bit CPU, an x800XL, and other stuff as well. That Direct3D error can be caused by power management problems, so it sounds like a possible candidate to me.

Try unplugging anything you don't need from your computer - run with one hard drive, one CD drive, and unplug any lights you have on. You can unplug case fans as well (NOT fans that are on heatsinks though), as long as you leave the case open and give it proper ventilation. If it helps at all, then that's probably it. That's just what popped out right away for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/direct-3d-device-lost-problem.431030/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have tried to follow suggestions from a couple other threads on this site but to no avail.

My problem: Recently I suddenly and for no particular reason that I know of, I lost both the sound on my computer AND the sound icon. I still get a little "click" sound whenever I receive e-mail or somewthing that would normally give me sound. Speakers are plugged in correctly, etc.

Any ideas? Any help would be GRATEFULLY accepted. Robinsan

A:Lost Sound and the Sound Icon

what operating system

Machine make and model, or at least sound card make and model

Any problems showing up in device manager??????

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for the sound card????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-and-the-sound-icon.159753/
Relevancy 43.86%

I see that windows 8 is having problems with drivers upgrade like Elan wireless touch pads my is lost and not found as device in my device manager and I cant figure if the problem is only driver issue or also wireless detection.
Is there some body who knows about this and can help me please.

A:Windows 8 lost my wireless touch pad device

1) What is the make/model of your computer?
2) Did the computer come with Windows 8 installed, or did you upgrade?
3) What version of Windows 8 is your computer running?
4) Did any of the devices that you are having trouble with now work OK in the past? (in Windows 8? or?)
5) Did you mean to say the you are having trouble with your touchpad, and with your wireless connections to the Internet?
6) Or did you mean that you have some sort of wireless device that includes a touchpad? -- If so, have you visited the support website from its manufacturer for updated Windows 8 drivers?

. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-lost-my-wireless-touch-pad-device-685775.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an Device Lost XP after SP2 IEEE 1394 Update Inspiron m IEEE Device This post concerns device error This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system Now if you want to take the field trip on how I got here read on If not just skip to the bottom Lost IEEE 1394 Device after XP SP2 Update and read what steps HAVE been taken to troubleshoot this error Ok all was just wonderful and going along nicely when all of a sudden XP SP updated my computer and thank you Microsoft things went south I plugged in my Digital Video Camera and behold it wouldn t work So I checked device manager and you ll never guess what was there That s right The yellow exclamation point of complete frustration which BTW wasn t there before SP update I ve spent about weeks trying to figure this out I ve contacted Microsoft but I don t have XX XX amount of dollars for them to help me You d think they d be quite happy to offer help since there was no problem BEFORE their update I contacted Dell Tech support Sigh Since I m here begging and I do mean BEGGING for help nothing more needs to be said I contacted the manufacture of the card and bless their hearts the went above and beyond the call of corporate responsibility The have sent me a new card which was a usb ieee combo card No luck They sent me a different card still a combo but a newer version Still no luck Bless them they even offered me a different solution and sent me a IEEE card not a combo AND a new slot USB hub They did this ALL on thier dollar Well much to my dismay the error remains Here s what it s not It s not the card - I plugged the card into a Tosheba laptop and the card works just fine and no just using the tosheba is not an option It s not my computer It s not the port - when I start windows in safe mode the card is recognized and there are no conflicts Here s whats been done quot If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system quot Disabled devices modem - I never use it Broadcom x Gigabit Integrated Controller Now if any of you kind souls can find it in their heart to help this old woman out I d sure be grateful nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-ieee-1394-device-after-xp-sp2-update.495412/
Relevancy 43.86%

Lost pointing device after pc updated automatically, have used recovery facility from HD but no result?

A:Satellite L870-17X - Lost pointing device

Sorry but I didn?t understand what is wrong there.
Can you please use more than one sentence for problem description?

What do you mean with ?recovery facility from HD??

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71523-Satellite-L870-17X-Lost-pointing-device
Relevancy 43.86%

Have been cleaning drive with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware program and now, with almost all of the malware removed, XP Pro does not display the device manager upon demand, as well as no network adapter present and not able to even open the 'add hardware' icon in the control panel.

I also had run a new driver install for the wireless intel since I had the BSOD for w22n51.sys. It didn't install, saying the driver I had was up to date - I know now to uninstall the driver prior to attempting to update it since it is ver 8 or older. Until I get that done, I can't even display, let alone change anything.

Presently the computer is started in 'diagnostic' startup. Looking for some quick fixes - greatly appreciated!
Lionheart

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273213/lost-device-mgradapterhardware-capabilities/
Relevancy 43.86%

I need help locating the device driver for my intel chipset i recently had to format my laptop and when i had re-installed Windows XP Professional back on to the laptop i had lost about 6 drivers for some of my devices i have managed to find all but 2 of these drivers the 2 left to find are "Video Controller" and "Video Controller (VGA Compatible). I have looked on the Intel Support website but can't find the chipset here is the details from a Everest Report

Device Properties
Driver Description: Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
Hardware ID: PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_ 0F711019&REV_03
PCI Device: Intel 82940GML/943GML Graphics Controller 0 [A-3]

This information is the same on both the drivers needed could anyone help by posting a link for these drivers.
Thanks

A:Lost device drivers for Intel Chipset

You say that this is a laptop? I would check the manufacturers website for drivers sometimes they have device drivers for whatever laptop you may have, I looked at the intel site and didnt see your chipset on there. What brand and model is your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-device-drivers-for-intel-chipset.100253/
Relevancy 43.86%

I was attempting to get stereo sound (only had mono) on my speakers and from the advice of an online post, installed an extra PnP enumerator, and ended up with no sound at all.

When I go into Device Manager, there are two problem devices: 'Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller' & 'Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer' -- they both have error code 42 (Windows cannot load the device driver because of a duplicate device running on system). The Sound Card 'Realtek AC'97 Audio' reports that the driver is enabled and functioning properly.

I tried updating to the latest drivers at Realtek to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284777/sound-device-installed-but-no-sound/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,
I am having a problem with the sound on my Dell Inspiron 1501. I am getting no sound. when I click on the volume mixer it says "No Audio Device Is Installed" even though I have a SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec installed and the drivers up to date. Please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-even-though-sound-device-installed.680417/
Relevancy 43.86%

My speakers are working, as I can hear system sounds. But when I use software tht gives off sounds, nothing. I checked Control Panel "sounds" and it says there is "no audio device". Somehow my audio device has been removed r not working. The little speaker icon in task panel bottom right is gone. Any ideas what to try, in order tio get sound back?

Thanks so much,

Jeff

Relevancy 43.43%

here s my dilemma I snagged my dad s old pc to upgrade his operating system He was running on windows and he could not get dsl internet when we upgraded to xp pro he lost his audio driver you would think i could just go to the manufacturer s website Lost Audio computer to on Device VBOX old after upgrading XP pro to download the driver but the thing is I don t know what kind of pc it is the only thing i can see that tells me what kind of computer he has on the casing is VBOX no serial Lost Audio Device after upgrading to XP pro on old VBOX computer numbers no customer support number just Vbox I tried to see if i could see a serial number or model number on the motherboard no such luck the V looks more like a green Lost Audio Device after upgrading to XP pro on old VBOX computer check mark when I try to do a google Lost Audio Device after upgrading to XP pro on old VBOX computer search on it I can never find anything about Vbox even making computers AARRGG can anyone help is there a universal driver I can download that will be compatible with this old pc nbsp

A:Lost Audio Device after upgrading to XP pro on old VBOX computer

You can try downloading and installing Everest Free 2.2 from Major Geeks.

I don't remember the section, but I think you want Multimedia...could just be Audio---it'll tell you everything from mainboard to chipset to modem to...you get the picture.

That will get you the specifics...if there was a Sound Blaster or some other mainstream audio device, XP probably would have recognized and installed it.

Much luck...

Oh...and some older boxes might even have used the voice modem as a sound device.
Can you post a screencap of the device manager with all the categories expanded?
There may be clues in the chipset there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-audio-device-after-upgrading-to-xp-pro-on-old-vbox-computer.897258/
Relevancy 43%

Have a Lost ipad on our wireless network.. 50+ wifi access points.. and thousands of wifi devices connected to them..

nmap the lost device but not showing what access point its connected too.

can ping the device.

tracert shows my computer directly to lost device. will not trace thru which access point.

i can see wireless controller ip and all wifi access points.. but cannot trace the lost device.

can ping the device and see it.. shows up in my inventory just needing a way to trace route or nmap it to see where at in the building its connected tooo. so can narrow down the access point..

Relevancy 43%

I bought a Dell XPS a month ago because it received rave No new 13, device files! boot valuable Dell lost found XPS reviews in basically every publication No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files! you can find Never liked Dell but needed a new laptop and the great reviews made me think there was something to it I live and work in a very underdeveloped part of the world so I picked up the laptop on my annual trip to the US Back to work I transferred many key files to the laptop and used it for a month I didn't back up because the wireless connection here is so slow that it takes a while to view an email let alone save to the cloud Was using the computer yesterday to check email and got the new Windows blue screen of death quot Sorry something happened wait for restart quot or something like that It restarted paused at the dell logo then gave me the following text quot No bootable devices found quot Press F key to retry boot quot Press F key for setup utility quot Press F key for onboard diagnositics quot When I go into Bios it doesn't find the hard drive When I go into Dell diagnositics it says no hard drive found When I used a Windows USB key which took forever to make through a coworker's laptop I tried to quot refresh windows quot but it says the drive is locked When I used the command line option I can't find the hard drive only the USB I thought the hard drive died Here's where it gets weird After running all over today to find a size torx driver I was able to open the back I took out the SSD then put it back in I pressed the power button and it brought me immediately to the Windows log in screen I logged in and I could see all my files on the desktop Then a few seconds later blue screen of death again It restarted and some Dell quot autorepair quot program started It asked me if I wanted to return to a previous period before the problems I clicked yes It said this wasn't possible Then it brought me to the same blue screen as the Windows USB stick where I could 'reinstall ' 'refresh' or use 'advanced options' like command line When I take the SSD out and put it back it sometimes does this and sometimes says no bootable device found If I try to shut down quickly it crashes If I move very fast I can sometimes get one or two small files onto a USB drive very quickly but then it crashes again Obviously this doesn't work At least I know the files are there maybe The question is what is wrong Is there some fix for this If so I can't find it anywhere online Short of that is there any way to get my files off of the SSD This is very important for my work I would be immensely grateful if you any of you fine folks could assist me here Dell support is in another timezone and not open for the last two days in any event A post to Dell's support forum has been in moderation for hours Thank you

A:No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files!

Update. Left the bottom of the case off and propped the laptop up on something to leave a lot of space underneath. Got in a room with air conditioning. No idea if this helped but the laptop stayed on for 30 minutes, enough time to extract all files to a USB thumb drive.

Immediately after I started firefox. It worked but on first page load got the blue screen of death again and on reboot "no bootable device found". Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/no-boot-device-found-new-dell-xps-13-lost-valuable-files-1023418.html
Relevancy 43%

I bought a Dell XPS a month ago because it received rave reviews in basically every publication you can find Never liked Dell but needed a new laptop and the great reviews made me think there was something to it I live and work in a very underdeveloped part of the world so I picked up the laptop on my annual trip to the US Back to work I transferred many key files to the laptop and used it for a month I didn t back up because the wireless connection here is so slow that it takes a while to view an email let alone save to the cloud Was using the computer yesterday to check email and got found lost 13, new Dell XPS valuable device No files! boot the new Windows blue screen of death quot Sorry something happened wait for restart quot or something like that It restarted paused at the dell logo then No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files! gave me the following text quot No bootable devices found quot Press F key to retry boot quot Press No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files! F key for setup utility quot Press F key for onboard diagnositics quot When I go into Bios it doesn t find the hard drive When I go into Dell diagnositics it says no hard drive found When I used a Windows USB key which took forever to make through No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files! a coworker s laptop I tried to quot refresh windows quot but it says the drive is locked When I used the command line option I can t find the hard drive only the USB I thought the hard drive died Here s where it gets weird After running all over today to find a size torx driver I was able to open the back I took out the SSD then put it back in I pressed the power button and it brought me immediately to the Windows log in screen I logged in and I could see all my files on the desktop Then a few seconds later blue screen of death again It restarted and some Dell quot autorepair quot program started It asked me if I wanted to return to a previous period before the problems I clicked yes It said this wasn t possible Then it brought me to the same blue screen as the Windows USB stick where I could reinstall refresh or use advanced options like command line When I take the SSD out and put it back it sometimes does this and sometimes says no bootable device found If I try to shut down quickly it crashes If I move very fast I can sometimes get one or two small files onto a USB drive very quickly but then it crashes again Obviously this doesn t work At least I know the files are there maybe The question is what is wrong Is there some fix for this If so I can t find it anywhere online Short of that is there any way to get my files off of the SSD This is very important for my work I would be immensely grateful if you any of you fine folks could assist me here Dell support is in another timezone and not open for the last two days in any event A post to Dell s support forum has been in moderation for hours Thank you nbsp

A:No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files!

Update. Left the bottom of the case off and propped the laptop up on something to leave a lot of space underneath. Got in a room with air conditioning. No idea if this helped but the laptop stayed on for 30 minutes, enough time to extract all files to a USB thumb drive.

Immediately after I started firefox. It worked but on first page load got the blue screen of death again and on reboot "no bootable device found". Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-boot-device-found-new-dell-xps-13-lost-valuable-files.1152292/
Relevancy 42.14%

Problem, after trying to remove a virus/maleware/currupted exe's, i seemed to have lost any information in my Device Manager and all my Network connections (both LAN and WIFI).

Not sure if this would have caused this, When dealing with the exe problems (whether it was virus, maleware or anything) i was in safemode.. I did a msconfig and clicked on boot.ini. I checked safeboot. Apon the next reboot i had no network connections, no device manager. But interesting enough my problem went away and was able to access anything again. I went back into msconfig to renable boot.ini to the original setting and an still have the same problem...
So my problem is i have NO network connections, no LAN or WIFI options.

Only after i enabled Safeboot in Boot.INI in MSCONFIG.

MSCONFIG settings set back to original settings.

System restore was apperntly off.
Any ideas?
WaRE

Relevancy 42.14%

hi - i was just playing music on my dell latitude e4300 via bluetooth to a belkin bluetooth receiver connected to stereo.

somehow the connection got dropped - during a phone call on a land line. may be irrelevant.

now, i cannot get bluetooth connection back. there is no bluetooth icon in the system tray.

i cannot find 'bluetooth' devices in start>control panel> devices
--i have 2, and both ought to be there.

i unplugged bluetooth receiver, and had win 7 search for devices to add - no luck.

sure, i can reboot, and everything will probably come back.
but i am hoping for a better answer. i don't want to have to reboot every time the bluetooth connection gets lost.

i searched the web for a little, but only found unrelated posts, or posts with no answer. THANKS!

A:Bluetooth connection lost, icon gone from system tray, not in device manager

bluetooth light/icon on laptop, not screen is on; no bt

ok, i rebooted, thinking the bluetooth icon would again be in system tray, with the red in the middle, showing i have bluetooth capability, but that sound is not currently being directed to bluetooth.

no icon.

the dell laptop does have bluetooth icon illuminated on the laptop, just above the function keys - not on the screen at all / not in sys tray.

the bluetooth receiver is on, is working.

'add a device' is not finding this bt thingie.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-connection-lost-icon-gone-from-system-tray-not-in-device-manager.175310/
Relevancy 41.71%

suddenly I have no sound at all. I have windows 98 SE. When I click on the loudspeaker icon nothing is muted.I have looked at all the leads/cables and nothing seems to be out of place.Can you help any advice needs to be very simple

A:lost sound

This has happened to me occasionally, but I use windows xp. Try this:

1. go into start
2. click settings>control panel
3. once you are in the control panel click on sounds and audio devices
4. A separate screen should pop. One section should say device volume. Make sure that the volume bar there is all the way up. Click on the advanced tab under device volume and make sure none of the different sections are muted.

Have you done that already? I wasn't quite sure. Well if you haven't go ahead and try it.

CoolerMaster

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound.270056/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi.I have a ThinkPad X1 Carbon. Although the pc is not on mute when it goes to sleep or shut down, everytime it comes out of sleep or started, the mute sign is on. When I bring it out of mute there is no sound coming out of the speakers. However, if I plug the headphone jack in, I can hear the sound through the headphone. It seems I did something wrong somewhere. Can you please help me to correct the situation. Thank you.Engin   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lost-the-sound/td-p/3354225
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok so I recently swapped out graphics cards from a hd radeon to a nvidia geforce gtx I was using the nvidia geforce gtx to begin with When I swapped the cards i started experiencing black screen freezes and crashes After I reset my computer repeadetely I decided to swich back to nvidia since I did not have and problems with that card Now that i have my card in I have no sound at all Spent hours and hours trying to get it fixed It shows that all the devices are there but when they're plugged in it doesn't read them and I don't get a notification My audio jacks are fine took the comp in the for a test and nothing are wrong with the jacks I figured it might be a conflicting driver issue between radeon and nvidia I would really appreciate it if anyone would help me on this sicne I'm a all Sound Lost new entry computer builder and well obviously I have made alot of mistakes recently -Thanks

A:Lost all Sound

Hi, welcome to TSF

have you checked the defualt play back device is set to the sound card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-all-sound-679398.html
Relevancy 41.71%

In upgrading to XP I have apparently lost my sound drivers. I was runing windows98se before
and Belarc told me this

Multimedia
Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller (2x)
VIA PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
VIA Tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller Vinyl AC'97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM)
Now it tells me this
Multimedia
VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller (3x) Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Devic

Which file is it im missing? I downloaded the VIA controller last night but it doesnt seem to find it.

I also have some rundll problems. Let me know if you need a hijack log.

A:Lost Sound Going To Xp

What is the make and model of the computer? How much memory does it have?
I think I would solve the run.dll problems first. What is it doing?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135740/lost-sound-going-to-xp/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have windows xp with all the updates plus drivers updates.I just check the device manager and no item have the yellow check mark.I scan my pc for virus or spywares.Someone with better knowleadge please let me know what is the mistake.Thanks for the attention.

Relevancy 41.71%

MY Altec Lansing speakers are hooked to my 6 yr. old Dell and have been using Windows ME for 6 years with no sound problems. Gradually past year the volume has been too low, and last week, just quit. I have checked plugs, volume controls, device manager and don't know what else. THe SBLIve driver seems to be the latest and didn't need updating. ANy thoughts?Appreciate any directions.
Catdishy

A:Lost Sound!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First thing to try is another set of speakers, just to rule them out as the source of your problem.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-sound.49211/
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok, I had my laptop connected to my TV via HDMI, the sound wasn't playing through the TV speakers though only the laptop. So in trying to remedy this I right clicked on the sound icon in my system tray went to playback devices and inadvertently disabled my laptop speakers, and now they dont even appear as an option anymore. Please help.

A:Lost my sound.

open Control Panel. Look for the Sound icon. Click on that. If nothing in there helps.

Go to 'help and support' in your start menu. Click on Table of Contents. Search for 'sound off'. Try the trouble shooter. Or try the other help suggestions, like 'Music and Sounds'. Then click on Computer Sounds. That should tell you how to turn your volume controls back on.

The computer I am on presently doesn't have sound, so I am unable to look through the menus further, but that should help you get started.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/261017-lost-my-sound.html
Relevancy 41.71%

This is really annoying, i went to update my driver for my Avance AC 97 Audio and now i've no sound at all, i still have my volume control but it wont play any sound at all

ive removed the driver and re-installed, d/led the driver again. im fresh out of ideas

A:Ive lost my sound!!!

Hi Pants_less, welcome to TSG...

I also responded to your e-mail.

Try re-installing the old driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ive-lost-my-sound.50076/
Relevancy 41.71%

i have lost sound after instalation of a new hard drive, do not have original documentation or cd with drivers. need to diagnose sound card and determine drivers to download. Please help! :knock:

oopps! forgot sys info.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name RED977
System Manufacturer ECS
System Model P4S5A/DX+
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~1792 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 07.00T, 4/2/2001
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory F:\WINDOWS
System Directory F:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name RED977\Owner
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 163.03 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.22 GB
Page File F:\pagefile.sys
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF SIS Processor to AGP Controller
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440

IRQ 5 NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
IRQ 5 SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller

IRQ 11 Multimedia Audio Controller
IRQ 11 SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
IRQ 11 SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
IRQ 11 SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
IRQ 11 SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
IRQ 11 PCI Modem

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF SIS Processor to AGP Controller
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB SIS Processor to AGP Controller
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440

0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus OK
0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller OK
0x00000040-0x00000043 System timer OK
0x00000060-0x00000060 PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key) OK
0x00000061-0x00000061 System speaker OK
0x00000064-0x00000064 PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key) OK
0x00000070-0x00000071 System CMOS/real time clock OK
0x00000081-0x00000083 Direct memory access controller OK
0x00000087-0x00000087 Direct memory access controller OK
0x00000089-0x0000008B Direct memory access controller OK
0x0000008F-0x0000008F Direct memory access controller OK
0x000000C0-0x000000DF Direct memory access controller OK
0x000000F0-0x000000FF Numeric data processor OK
0x00000170-0x00000177 Secondary IDE Channel OK
0x000001F0-0x000001F7 Primary IDE Channel OK
0x00000201-0x00000208 Standard Game Port OK
0x00000274-0x00000277 ISAPNP Read Data Port OK
0x00000279-0x00000279 ISAPNP Read Data Port OK
0x000002F8-0x000002FF Communications Port (COM2) OK
0x00000300-0x00000301 MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device OK
0x00000376-0x00000376 Secondary IDE Channel OK
0x00000378-0x0000037F ECP Printer Port (LPT1) OK
0x000003B0-0x000003BB SIS Processor to AGP Controller OK
0x000003B0-0x000003BB NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 OK
0x000003C0-0x000003DF SIS Processor to AGP Controller OK
0x000003C0-0x000003DF NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 OK
0x000003F2-0x000003F3 Standard floppy disk controller OK
0x000003F4-0x000003F5 Standard floppy disk controller OK
0x000003F6-0x000003F6 Primary IDE Channel OK
0x000003F7-0x000003F7 Standard floppy disk controller OK
0x000003F8-0x000003FF Communications Port (COM1) OK
0x00000778-0x0000077B ECP Printer Port (LPT1) OK
0x00000A79-0x00000A79 ISAPNP Read Data Port OK
0x00000D00-0x0000FFFF PCI bus OK
0x0000D000-0x0000D0FF PCI Modem OK
0x0000D400-0x0000D4FF SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter OK
0x0000D800-0x0000D87F Multimedia Audio Controller OK
0x0000DC00-0x0000DCFF Multimedia Audio Controller OK
0x0000FF00-0x0000FF0F SiS 5513 IDE UDMA Controller OK

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-sound.35393/
Relevancy 41.71%

I just recently purchased a new computer with the Windows Vista Operating system. After setting the computer up I could not get my wireless internet to work. I then decided to downgrade and installed the Windows XP Home Edition on my computer. Everything works fine except I have no sound. I am assuming that I must have lost the driver for my soundcard. Now I want to know how do i find out what soundcard I have so I can download the drivers and get it working again if this is indeed the problem. Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 41.71%

ok a couple of days ago i had sound on my brand new pc then all of a sudden it s gone I did install a couple of programs which convert mpeg sound my lost I files and audio files but i m pretty sure the sound still worked after that in fact i don t really know when the I lost my sound sound disappeared i just know that it doesn t work I can t hear anything at all not from dvd cd drive or windows player thingy or on the net the problem seems to be with windows but when i checked the device manager thingy there were no I also checked the mute buttons and sound volume on everything and nothin not a peep the funny thing is that i also have linux installed on my pc my brother thinks it s the ants pants and the sound works there Can anyone please tell me what the is going on I am ready to cry nbsp

A:I lost my sound

Hi mate...Well a lot of sound issues lately in the forum! Please tell us what sound card do you own. Is it correctly recognized by windows in device manager? Any yellow marks there?

You could try reinstalling the card's drivers as a first step.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-lost-my-sound.589785/
Relevancy 41.71%

Lost sound and need to know how to get it back, tried downloading new drivers and it wouldn't work. Please iI need help. Thank you,

Judy
[email protected]

Facebook Judy McLean-Hensler

A:help lost sound and need help

What type of PC do you have....tower or laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-lost-sound-and-need-help.1167875/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro A120 laptop, and for some reason the sound has gone!Tried all the usual, even resorted to uninstalling and re-installing the drivers again from the Toshiba website.Everything checks out as 'working normally' and I'm at a loss to know why I have no sound Any ideas anyone?Thank you in advance!

A:Lost Sound...

There are no yellow exclamation points or red X's in Device Manager? Is the sound icon in the taskbar?http://en.allexperts.com/Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125744/lost-sound/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a HP Pavilion laptop with windows xp, and recently I lost all sound. I tried doing the troubleshooting the computer recommended and still nothing. Any ideas?

A:I lost all sound!

Hi

go to this page: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html
type in the name & model in the box
navigate to the sound drivers
download & install
Done!!!

Rob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-lost-all-sound.725418/
Relevancy 41.71%

A while ago I had to re-install windows 98SE. Since then I have lost sound.

I ran dxdiag and got the following result:
DirectMusic test results: Failure at step 6 (Activating the IDirectMusicPort): HRESULT = 0x80(cant remember these numbers) (No Driver)

I got Audio info and motherboard info and found a 4in1 to download. Now I get the following message when I run dxdiag:
DirectMusic test results: Failure at step 6 (Activating the IDirectMusicPort): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure).

Sound Controller is: BIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)
Motherboard: Via Technologies Inc VT8361
Board: 8361-686B
Bus Clock:100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International Inc. 6.0 PG 08/31/2001

I do not posess the CD for the motherboard.

Can anyone help please.

Relevancy 41.71%

All of a sudden I have no sound out of my PC speakers.  I have a Bluetooth speaker that works fine, but nothing from the PC speakers?  All connections are good and no issues with Device Manager alerts.  Help?

A:Lost My Sound?

I would uninstall the current audio drivers...then reinstall same, they may be damaged.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544040/lost-my-sound/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have lost sound - computer sounds, cd and video sounds eg utube. I am using an ION record to digital converter and when i convert a record I hear it correctly through the speakers attached to the computer however it will not play back once converted. I have used the ION for about a year with no problems. Sound was gone for a few days, came back on one day and then off the next time i booted up and has been off ever since. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

I have a Dell Dimension 2350 with XP pro version 2002 sp 3 installed. I get no error messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-some-sound.768400/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there Earlier tonight my McAfee anti-virus picked up something in the c system volume folder a PUP potentially unwanted program and asked me if i wanted to remove the directory Before I did anything I went to the C drive and looked for this directory but in sound all Lost please help! XP, it was hidden so i figured the Lost all sound in XP, please help! thing was not important to windows some sort of hoax virus and clicked quot remove quot Before I knew it I had no sound on my system I tried doing a system restore but it hasn t worked My question is how the heck do I get my sound back I m terribly angry at myself for doing such a stupid thing but also angry that my virus scanner was so vague Any help would be much appreciated I m not sure if you guys respond on the board or through e-mail as i just signed up but if its to e-mail my address is email removed I appreciate any help you can give me thank you so much - Ryan nbsp

A:Lost all sound in XP, please help!

(I removed your email. We respond to questions in the forum, and putting your email up in a public forum like that can lead to bots picking it up and inundating you with SPAM.)

The System Volume Information folder contains backups created by System Restore. It has nothing to do with sound. So the solution to the sound problem is elsewhere.

Can you see your sound device in Device Manager (right-click My Computer, Properties, Hardware tab, Device Manager----or click the "System" applet in Control Panel)? If so, what is its status?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-all-sound-in-xp-please-help.395109/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi So my sound has vanished I believe it is due to months ago when I deleted several programs thru add delete programs trying to speed up my very slow computer In device manager I had yellow question marks next to several things in the sound catagory multimedia audio Sound!! my Lost controller PCI modem video controller and video controller VGA compatible I then went to the Dell website and downloaded a driver I think it was ADI x Integrated Audio still no sound I then found my drivers CD and installed the missing items from that and thus got the s to disappear Still no sound I then realized that the driver I downloaded from Dell was for a different make computer so I found it in My Docs and deleted it No sound Next I uninstalled and then reinstalled my sound device from the CD i have Sound Blaster Live bit twice Still no sound I know that Lost my Sound!! it is not my speakers or something fried internally because during my first uninstall of my sound device I heard very loud white noise come out of my speakers for a bit I am very desperate to figure this out and really need some help Thank you in advance for viewing this and any assistance that is given Oh yeah my computer is an intel pentium CPU GHz MB of RAM Windows xp nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-sound.864940/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey Hey
I seem to have lost my sound, have checked the plugs and all seem well, have restored the system back to when the sound was present and still nothing.
Any thing else that can be tried please inform. Have check the device manager and all working properly.
Sony Vaio
256k mem.
1.8 processor
SoundMax Digital Audio
Legecy Audio Drivers

A:Lost my sound.

Have you tried updating the drivers, by chance? Not that the old drivers are bad, but the install process might flush out some gunk. Do you have sound through headphones?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-sound.286765/
Relevancy 41.71%

Lost sound.  Playback devices show Realtek Digital Output. I had Realtek speakers before.  I don't have headphones so I cannot verify that they would work.

You have not specified what you have connected to the desktop for sound output. Please do that.  Right click on the speaker icon in the systray and click on playback. As long as the driver is present for your analog speakers, you can set  the output to default for speakers. Once you have done that and if speakers are connected to the audio out at the rear of the desktop and powered on, you should see a green checkmark. Test the speaker output by clicking on configure and then test.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/lost-sound/td-p/5514269
Relevancy 41.71%

Started my Windows Media player up to play some songs and no sound, none through headphones either but mic can be heard through the speakers. Have checked drivers and speaker settings all says is working fine..Have disconnected speakers and connected headphones in same spot, still no music. Nothing is muted. Can see the music playing visuallly but no sound.. No windows sounds or internet either.. Any suggestions? Thanks

A:Lost Sound

I think the problem may be that you've got the microphone set to output through the speakers, although when I've had this enabled music still worked. See if you can turn it off, probably somewhere in volume control. Unfortunately I haven't got Windows booted at the moment so I cannot check.

Also to help solve your problem, could you tell me what operating system you are using (e.g. Windows XP, Windows 7)?

Hope you can solve it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound.914114/
Relevancy 41.71%

Dell Dimension standard build Mbytes RAM Pentium Ghz XP HE SP OS Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version BIOS A latest To recover from a disruptive PCI hardware addition that killed sound amongst other things I tried an upgrade from SP to SP That didn t work - to cut a long story short I got rid of the PCI card and ended up buying a brand new HDD formatting it and installing XP HE SP from scratch on it I then re-installed the hardware I still have no sound even though I have fully installed the original hardware in as far as I can ascertain the original configuration same PCI slots same software configuration options Everything else was returned to working condition only the sound is absent In XP System Device Manager there are no yellow exclamation marks or red crosses next to any devices i e sound SP1: Win XP Lost all hardware including the sound hardware is detected and reported as operating correctly Windows Volume Controls are set to high max The Santa Cruz sound devices are reported as working properly and are Win XP SP1: Lost sound enabled Sound card Voyetra Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card driver date version The Santa Cruz SoundCheck utility provided with the card says the card is working correctly latest driver installed hardware detected hardware tests OK software configuration When the internal checks are complete they all passed and I see four green checkmarks Volume is set to max in the Santa Cruz control panel Yet I get no sound Speakers two Harman Kardon HK speakers and subwoofer The LEDs in the two speakers and the subwoofer are all on so power to speakers is good The fuse is fine and a replacement fuse also tried to no avail If I pull out and push in again the data cable to the subwoofer I hear white noise so the data connection is established Plugging one of the speaker cables into the DIAGs port on the subwoofer as per HK trouble-shooting guide generates the expected tone test So the speakers are good but there is no sound when music movies are played either from the HDD or one of the optical drives LITE-ON LTR- M CD-RW drive LITEON DVD-ROM LTD DVD drive If I put a music CD in either of the CD-RW or DVD drives the disks spin up and Windows Media Player or Real Player which ever I select both run and claim to be playing but there is no sound out of the speakers Sound control is set to max If I put a headphone jack into the headphone port on the front of each device from neither the CD or DVD drives is there any sound If I put in a film DVD in the DVD drive the movie will play but without sound If I put data program disks in either the CD-RW or DVD drive both will spin up as normal and I can install software from either devices without any problems With a CD in either drive I can open the device in Windows Explorer and traverse the directory structure on the CD with no problems So the optical drives appear to be working in all respects except for sound I ve been through everything I can think of I ve used the Help and Support Centre on the PC and searched the Dell site but can find no solution I am totally stumped I have no idea where to start looking next Is it an audio problem Or something more fundamental with the motherboard If so what Has anyone any ideas what else I can look at in order to find the cause of the problem Or come across this problem before and found a solution Any and all suggestions welcome TIA P nbsp

A:Win XP SP1: Lost sound

If you put your headphone jack into the speaker output on your sound card do you get any sound?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-sp1-lost-sound.312051/
Relevancy 41.71%

i lost the sound on my computer and don't see the volumne icon in the lower conerr

Maybe this is your lucky day, go here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319095
there is a little fixit program Microsoft has that MAY take care of your issue.
Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound.1066381/
Relevancy 41.71%

We re-installed the Windows XP Home Edition to our computer, and now we don't have any sound. I've been every place on the computer I know of to find out why. I went into "sounds speech and audio devices" on the control panel and checked everything and it says everything is working fine. I went into the device manager, and there were no question marks under "sound, video, and game controllers", but in "other devices" above that, there are question marks on "SM bus controller", 2 "video controllers", I tried to re-install those things, but it doesn't find it, and I don't have a cd rom for them. I don't know if they can be the problem, or not. If not, I have no idea. The speakers are plugged in correctly.

Relevancy 41.71%

When playing DVD's on my Sony DRU-510a drive I receive no sound.....when I play music on a CD-R it works fine. It burns with no problem. Anyone have a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound.285157/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi. I lost my sound cause i accidentally deleted my turtle beach sound driver....... How on earth do i get my sound back.......have no clue how to install a driver or where to download one.......Please help me.......

A:lost my sound

Please list make and model of sound card and we will see if we can locate it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-sound.108742/
Relevancy 41.71%

A few days ago, my sound just stopped working. I checked Device Manager, which told me Conexant AC-Link Audio could not start (code 10.) I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and reinstalling the drivers from HP's website, but I kept getting a bunch of other errors, like the drivers not installing or the device apparently not being configured correctly.I Changed From W8 To W7 To Xp But the problem still

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2039 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 49701 MB, Free - 33120 MB; E: Total - 7515 MB, Free - 3323 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 30C4
Antivirus: None

A:I Lost My Sound

You appear to have a HP/Compaq brand computer.

What's the model name and model number of that computer?

What's the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) on the sticker?

--------------------------------------------------------

Why is that computer running Windows XP SP2 and hasn't been upgraded to SP3 - which was released over 5 years ago?

Why is there no full-time antivirus program installed?

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-lost-my-sound.1104455/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there, I'm dumb. I've had some virus problems recently so I deleted a bunch of programs and I think one of those programs was soundcard-related because I now have no sound. How can I fix this? I have Windows XP and I believe the soundcard dealy was called C-Media or some sh&$. Thanks, love you.

A:Lost All Sound!..........Help!

You should have a driver CD that came with the MB - use it to reinstall the sound drivers. If not you might find them here http://www.drivers.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-all-sound-help.368241/
Relevancy 41.71%

For some reason or other I have lost Sound on my laptop I have checked the control panel I am told sound is working correctly.
My laptop is HP running Window 8 any help appreciated

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/i-have-lost-sound-my-pc-4604889/
Relevancy 41.71%

I seem to have lost all sound after installing a windows XP security update. This has this happened before and the only way around this is to re-install XP. Anybody got any suggestions?

A:Lost all sound

Try reinstalling the drivers for your sound card? (This presumes no other changes to0 your system). If you look at the manufacturer's website (motherboard of on-board sound card) you might find an updated driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-all-sound.84093/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello.... I am new to this site and hopefully in the right section. Any help would be appreciated.
For no reason, I lost all my Sound Windows 2000, Media Player Files, Websites Midi, Aol.....everything. not even the usual Windows Sounds.
Using Sound Blaster AWE64Gold....says the device is working properly. Speakers connected and Levels are not muted.
I ran out of things to check. Any chance that a Sound Card would just go dead for no particular reason? Can you Download a New Driver online? (I have no original CD). Several Reboots over the past 2 days has not changed anything and Viruses were also scanned for.
Any assistance would be really appreciated. THANK YOU.... DOUG

Relevancy 41.71%

I just had my windows reinstalled xp pro and lost my sound drivers,my system is a pentium4 3.00ghz 2gb, anyway the original key is xp home on the side ,can I get this puter back to original so I can stop running a bootleg. Most stores say all I need is the key and about 50-100$for this. Help Please

Do you have the original Windows disk that came with your computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound.660540/
Relevancy 41.71%

I Was Going Through My List Of Programs Deleting Stuff I Didn't Need When Accidentally Deleting my Sound Device, I Tried Fixing But Messing It Up More! My Sound Does Not Work Completly, Not On itunes, Internet, On Movie Player How Do I Fix This?

Greetings NBurgess98, Welcome to TSF!

The fastest, and easiest way to fix this issue, is for you to do a "System Restore".

Please Note: Close all open windows and programs before doing this procedure.

Try this:...

Go Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Once the System Restore panel appears > Restore my computer to an earlier time > Next > on the Left hand side will be a Calendar with Bold dates, select one of them to before you started your 'deleting frenzy'. > Next > OK > the computer will automatically reboot.

Upon reboot, the Desktop will appear without any Icons for about 2 minutes - this is normal.

You will also have a pop-up panel confirming that the "System Restore" has successfully restored your computer (click OK); then, the Desktop Icons will appear, and all should be normal.

Please update your Anti Virus program's database, as the "System Restore" does not save any recent updates.

Give this a try and post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-sound-168941.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Installed the anniversery update and then i lost my sound.

A:I lost the sound?

try downloading a new driver using driver pack

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439640-i-lost-sound.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hello ok my computer knowlage is avarage or maybe a bit less about a week ago i had totally lost my please have my lost i me...i help and sound have no E sound on my comp the songs seem to be playing but i hear nothing i have totally tried everything i Downlded my driver again realtak ac and it didnt work i also tried many sets of speaker but still nothing im sure its plugged in right and nothing is on mute i had worm netsky B virus on my comp i got rit of it but my sound went away please help me...i have no sound and i have lost my E too but maybe it went away when i tried to delete my virus b c i erased some files but nothing seemd like the sound ones i have win st edition and this comp is new only year old the comp is intel pentuim there are no yellow on the device mager i tried re-installing the driver but nothing works can u please help me oh and fianly - my comp is not all english there is some of my my lang in it which is hebrew so some people found it hard to help me hope u can do it and something else that worries me is that i have lost my E driver when i click on quot mo computer quot i can see my C and D and where the E used to be there is just empy space please help me thanks alot Adi nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-i-have-no-sound-and-i-have-lost-my-e.224759/
Relevancy 41.71%

i have lost all the sound on my computer and am told that the sound driver may be being used by another application .how can i restore it

If this started recently, i would restore back to before the problem started via system restore. If you do not know how to use system restore, follow these instructions here: http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/howto/lauchsystemrestore.htm
If this does not work, then a reinstall of the sound card driver is in order. To do that usually if you insert the pc's recovery disc while running windows you can run a driver installer to install the drivers. For detailed instructions in this, refer to your pc's documentation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound.615956/
Relevancy 41.71%

i had to reinstall xp home and now my sound doesnt work - please help - thx

A:lost the sound

Enter your HP model number here and download all the drivers for your system: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-the-sound.485471/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm not going to publicly embarrass myself by admitting how it happened! But, when I go into my control panel and look under "'Sound" I only see an icon for my headphones and the sound system itself. The icon for the speakers is gone (AAAARGH! I'm such a clutz!). How do I go about getting the speaker icon back?

Relevancy 41.71%

I tried to play a video and got no sound. The speaker icon in the tray at the bottom right of my screen show a red circle with a white X in it to the right of the speaker.
When I hover my mouse over the speaker icon, the following message appears: "The Audio Service is not running."
When I right-click on the speaker icon, the volume mixer option is grayed out. I click on another option (sounds) and get the following message: "This computer cannot play audio because the windows audio service is not enabled. Would you like to enable..." I click on "yes" and go through the motions, but it still doesn't remove the X from the icon nor enable the sound. Ugh...what have I managed to do?

A:Lost the sound...

start type device manager, look through and you will see a red x, expand it double click to enable and or if you are on a laptop have you flicked an audio button by mistake on or off

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsvista/f/opendmvista.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-the-sound.932811/
Relevancy 41.71%

i am having trouble with the sound coming out of my speakers. When i go to volume control it says i have no active mixer devices available. What steps should i take in getting this takin care of?

please check the device manger see if the driver is correctly install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-sound-236455.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I made a big mistake, Can you help me.
I went to Add/Remove Programs and removed hdaudbus.sys High Definition Audio. Now I have no sound.

Would someone tell me how to reinstall this component.

Richard Clemens
[email protected][/B]

A:Lost sound

go to the computer manufacturers website, search for your specific computer model download the drivers from there and install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-sound-315994.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey Y`all ! Got situation with SOUND . May have inadvertaly turned OFF sound functions. I was in DISK CLEANUP >more options> windows components cleanup>accesories+multimedia. Tried to install other components with 98se DISK(cd) to no avail. Result being i have no sound now . PLZ help or hints ! Dean P.S. Info -98se, IE6,Via sound card is working properly-i checked system devices. Thx

A:Lost Sound? Help me ?!?! lol

sounds like you may have taken some files rom the multimedia..Do you know the model of the card as well so we can try fresh drivers ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-help-me-lol.215179/
Relevancy 41.71%

I lost sound on some applications i went through windows trouble shooting ,everything was turned on and no harware conflicts , i then tried to uninstall sound max and reinstall a new version , it would'nt uninstall completly ,and now i have no sound at all and sound max is not listed on hardware list .

Relevancy 41.71%

I m running Windows ME several months ago i lost my mouse driver video drive amp sound soundblaster live all at once - i was able to download new drivers which fixed the mouse amp video lost sound but no sound In control lost sound panel sound amp multimedia the test sound button is grey - cannot make any sound at all I had a local computer guy play with the thing for an hour without success I then bought a cheap sound card advance logic amp installed it - amp it worked fine for one day lost sound - then the sound lost sound was gone same situation Device manager says the card is working properly but the driver seems to be unavailable for an unknown reason I did note that the sound card amp my ethernet both have IRQ of - is this the problem I did download webshots i noted that another thread of lost sound also mentioned that but i have removed it without any results any help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Help needed.
I had sound when I turned on my pc this morning and lost it after being on the internet.
I've done all of the usual checks like making sure it wasn't on mute.
Anyone any idea as to what could be causeing this?

Thanks

A:Lost sound on my pc

Is there still no sound after a reboot? Also check in device manager/ hardware for any yellow exclamation marks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-on-my-pc.448840/