Windows Support Forum

Solved: Adding Music to Music Folder

Q: Solved: Adding Music to Music Folder

Hi Everyone,

I have a very basic question. I'm almost embarrased to ask it. But, here it is! When I buy a music CD in the store, how do I put the album into the "Music" folder on my hard drive?

I have Windows Vista and Windows Media Player 11.

Thanks, Darlene

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Adding Music to Music Folder

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Adding Music to Music Folder

That is called "ripping". Use the "Rip" button at the top (or in the menu, depending what your player skin looks like ).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adding-music-to-music-folder.789160/
Relevancy 20.64%

My ext.HDD don't show content of one of folders. It's not hidden! It start playing movies inserted in it when I try to play this folder with VLC player, but that is all what I'm able to do with it. I tried to check disk for errors bot none was found, have anyone idea what could be wrong? Thanks in advance Michal

A:Files in one folder on Ext.HDD don't show - not hidden

And we should play 20 questions as to WHICH directory??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/files-in-one-folder-on-ext-hdd-dont-show-not-hidden.212643/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm trying to add ascend modem in my basement so I get a better connection down there, since that's where my Smart TV is. I changed the SSID and password to the same as my other one, and changed some other settings to match that of the other. When I try to connect my laptop via Ethernet it won't connect to the Internet. The two modems are the same model, and I am not well experienced in these things, any and all help is appreciated.

A:Adding second modem

*I'm trying to add a second modem,
Sorry for any other typos

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-second-modem.207409/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all,

I have an ECS mobo with 1 GB RAM. I'm going to add another 1 GB RAM. The current RAM is Kingston and another is Apacer. When adding the Apacer into RAM slot of the mobo, the computer doesn't show anything. I replaced the Kingston's slot with the Apacer but again the PC doesn't come up and doesn't show anything.
What is the problem please?

A:Problem when adding another RAM

What is the specific model of the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-when-adding-another-ram.207359/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an internet connection that I have extended to my Brother in law's house, next door. At the moment, I basically have two LAN cables coming out of my modem/router, one going to my computer and another, extended cable, going to his computer.
However, he wants to use his spare modem/router, which has wifi capability, to allow his son to use his own computer downstair with only wifi.
Therefore, will there be any conflicts if I simply splice in a Lan cable or add a lan socket for the second modem/router (wifi location.) at the appropriate point along Lan cable 2? See diagram below.
If there is a possibility of conflict what would be an alternate wiring method?

Thanks,
Tom.

A:Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

Good drawing and this will work just fine. In fact, that's what I use to get access at the far end of the house. Here's the trick;

router#1(lan slot) ---- (lan slot) router#2 with wifi​
Notice that #2 WAN slot is left empty! This places all systems on the same subnet of the router#1 {what you are doing is making router#2 act like a switch which has wifi support (y) }

* Give router# a unique LAN address (If #1 is 192.168.1.1, then make #2 192.168.1.1) This will allow each to be manage via a browser connection
* in router#2 disable DHCP. This forces #1 to be the manager of the entire network and it will handout all IP addresses
Personally, I use the MAC addresses of my devices to enable router#1 to use Address Reservation of IP address for all devices attached to #1 (ie I map the devices to the range 1.2-> 1.10)

Then set the DHCP range in #1 to 1.100-1.50
These will be used for all devices attached (wired or wifi) to #2

Optional:
All systems can then use the firewall to allow or deny access for one or both halves of the network. EG: I permit access for 1-10 and 255 while denying 100-254​ALL system must allow the top-end address 255 as that is the broadcast address that is used to hand out the DHCP data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-extra-wifi-modem-router-to-my-already-extended-network.203204/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys, I am going on holiday in early June and am looking for a way to listen to music while I'm in the pool as I plan to spend a lot of time doing so.
The way I can see it is that I have two options:

Buy a waterproof case and waterproof headphones
buy a waterproof MP3 player all-in-one.
Obviously each option has it's flaws - otherwise I wouldn't be there.
Even if I buy a waterproof case how can I be sure that even though there is a waterproof case, where it contacts with waterproof earphones will be waterproof as 'waterproof' to some sellers just means rain-proof.
The problem with the all in ones like the Sony Waterproof Walkman is that they are very expensive for very little space, the 4GB alone being 50 and 8GB is 80.

Does anyone have experience in the matter, anything they can recommend, preferably I'd like to use my phone in a case for my 32GB MicroSD card, but whatever works I guess.

Cheers guys.

A:How can I listen to music whilst swimming?

:big grin: My wife JUST purchase a waterproofed iPad Shuffle from waterfi.com

website is very descriptive and the device is AS Advertised - - she's very happy with it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-listen-to-music-whilst-swimming.201909/
Relevancy 50.74%

When I play windows media player or any other mp3 player my pc begins to slow down a lot and mouse stutters and my internet webpage closes :/ any help please?

I've posted my IRQ

A:When I play music my PC starts to slow down and mouse stutters

What are your system specs?

Some possible solutions: Make sure Windows is up to date. Try updating your sound driver (post your system specs and I will show you how to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-play-music-my-pc-starts-to-slow-down-and-mouse-stutters.200950/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Lenovo IdeaCenter K-300 ( 64bit) 2 of its memory slots have 2048MB each 2 are empty.
Is 2048 MB each the same as 2gbs each or 1 gb each? I need to know so I can buy the correct memory for the 2 empty slots. Thanks

A:Adding memory

You have a total of 4gbs in your current config (2 x 2048).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-memory.193089/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys, I've recently ordered a new PC and it should be here in a week. I'm a gamer and I like to write music and will finally be able to record with my new system. I'm just lacking a sound card. So basically I'm looking for a card that will be awesome for gaming and music. Any suggestions out there? I know I will need a PCI-E card. I'm looking to spend $150-200. Any help would be much appreciated

A:Sound card for gaming and making music

This is probably the best one out there: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132010

That is the best of both worlds. There is a better card for gaming, but the Essence above is much better for creating music and phenomenal for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-gaming-and-making-music.191256/
Relevancy 27.52%

I just received two new TB hdds from newegg and would like advice on the best process to go with Here s what I want to accomplish Put a fresh install of the current OS Windows Pro OEM software onto one of the new drives I ve read OEM software is not fully install-able 7 to rig, Adding Win fresh on put x64 to it want HDD on a blank hdd in some cases but maybe that referred to OEM win Home Edition which comes from a store like a Dell I bought this OEM Pro from Newegg Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it when I built the machine Need to eventually move a bunch of my files off the old hdd The old hdd is a WD TB only sata and rpm I also need a Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it solid backup process Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it put in place so was considering RAID setup using both the new drives Does that require any special hardware or cabling or is it all done behind the scenes with normally installed sata drives I won t hit near TB for a long time so maybe I just go with one new drive internal for everything and use the old drive as an external use for back up and save the additional new drive for who knows what Couldn t help it they were dollars I have no enclosure at the moment so is it possible to leave the old drive in the rig and somehow make it not bootable Can I simply not point the BIOS to it and problem solved I built this rig so know my way around the system pretty well However I ve never done this kind of upgrade before Thanks for any input you folks can give nbsp

A:Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it

Backup: if your MOBO supports RAID, you can configure the 2TB drives in a RAID 1 array. Basically, anything written to the 2TB drive will get copied to the other too - you have a mirror image. Personally, I'd use the drives in a normal way, and just use the 2nd drive to backup essential data on a regular basis using a tool such as Windows Backup (built in to Win7).

Installing fresh OS: Install one of your 2TB drives into PC. Use Disk Manager to rename your current HDD to X:, or something. Not C: or whatever you have it currently set to. Format the 2TB drive, set it to C:.

Yank the original HDD cables from the PC, and install Win7 normally on the 2TB drive. I like to do this to reduce the options, sometimes install screws up.. After you are done, install the 2nd 2TB drive, and reconnect the original HDD. Before booting, check BIOS to make sure that the HDD order is set to the 2TB drive you freshly installed Windows on (having only this drive in the PC, means you can check BIOS for the identifiable tag to not mix them up).

Moving files: The old HDD should now be accessible, as a second drive. Format the 2nd 2Tb drive at this time too. In terms of drive lettering: I have C: as my boot, E: as my data, and X: as my 'backup' drive. I shove things like my Docs, Music, Pics, Steam games, Downloads on the backup drive. I don't feel the need to have it mirrored.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-hdd-to-rig-want-to-put-fresh-win-7-x64-on-it.188771/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have two SanDisk flash drives (8 & 32 GB) and a 32 GB SanDisk Micro SD card and, as of yesterday, the folder icons have changed to shortcut icons that refer to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe F/c "start %cd%\sony.exe && %windir%\explorer %cd%\Extras". 'Extras' is just one of the folders on my 8GB flash drive. My files are still on all of my devices, but I cannot access them. After seeing the C prompt statement, I figured I am way out of my league. What do I need to do to restore my folder icons and directly access my files again?

My thanks in advance for your help.

T Smith

A:Folder icons changed to shortcuts

The files have been corrupted, so I don't think they will be recoverable. Always use SD flash drives for temporary storage, and back up important files also on a DVD or on a second standard hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folder-icons-changed-to-shortcuts.187162/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have an older 1GB p.c. I want to add 1G.B. to it. I located the correct part but my question is,,is this a simple process ? or should I have a pro do it? thanx

A:Adding memory

Here's one of the many videos on installing RAM. It is fairly straight forward. Module is notched in such a way that it will only fit in the slot one way. Depends on how cluttered it is inside the case, you might need to disconnect some cables/wires to do the install. I'd also get a can a compressed air and blow out the dust if it's dusty inside.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-memory.187578/
Relevancy 27.09%

This is probably a dumb question, but is there any way to add a port (there are currently 4) to my ATT gateway? I just got a verizon network extender and it, too, needs a place to be plugged in and I am out of ports. Do I need a new gateway?

Thank you ,

jim

A:Adding a port to 3801HGV Gateway?

Do I need a new gatewayClick to expand...

NO.
you can use a HUB or a SWITCH - - the latter is a better choice. neither use an IP address.
wiring is like

Code:
(uplink.wan.port)existing.router(one.lan.port)----(any.port)new.switch(3 more ports)
If you need to add WiFi, then use the same wiring as show, but get a WiFi router. Come back here and
we will help you config that choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-port-to-3801hgv-gateway.186085/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey all im finally running out of room on my 256gb Crucial M4 SSD, and it is time to add a second one. I plan on going with the same ssd for my second storage device and I was seeing if anyone could give me like a step by step guide on how to setup a second hard drive seeing I have never done it before. thanks!

A:Help on adding second SSD

What type of computer? desktop/laptop
What is the make/model/serial??
PC or Mac?
Is there room in this computer for an additional drive?
Is there open SATA ports in the system for an additional drive?

These are MUST answer questions for someone to be able to give you steps in installing an additional SSD. Especially the type & make/model/serial.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-adding-second-ssd.185297/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey everyone I Adding an with SSD PC an HDD to a know this is probably a common question but I am adding an SSD to my PC which already has an HDD Yesterday I plugged it in to the motherboard and power supply and now I m wondering how can I access it to start managing it I looked for it under quot Computer quot but only my HDD and Drom are showing up If it should be showing up what are some reasons it might not be I looked for some answers online and learned I may need to update my Motherboard s bios but when I went to Adding an SSD to a PC with an HDD go find when the most recent update had come out I found it was before I bought the motherboard so I must have the Adding an SSD to a PC with an HDD most recent bios My motherboard ASRock Z Extreme Gen LGA My SSD Samsung Series gb I m thinking I ll try disconnecting and reconnecting the SSD to my motherboard and power supply just to make sure the physical connection is legit but does anyone have any tips or advice for how I can get my SSD up and running Much appreciated nbsp

A:Adding an SSD to a PC with an HDD

Check in your bios if you're set to ahci or ide mode. It should be under hardware. I can't remember which one it needs to be on, all my ssd's are on a raid card now, except my boot drive which I haven't had to mess with in a long time, but I'm certain this is your issue.

Just rebooted my system to check, my boot drive is in ahci mode. My ssd is much older than yours but I do also know that ide mode doesn't support trim in windows 7. Check it out and post back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-an-ssd-to-a-pc-with-an-hdd.184416/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok I'm new here so sorry if I'm writing in the wrong place!
To the question at hand.
I own a PC with a AsRock 4Core1333-eSATA2 motherboard, and a power supply of 450 W.
So my question is would it be abble to run the Gigabyte ATI HD 6570 OC 1GB video card.
I'm looking to upgrade my pc with out spending too much money. And I'm thinking of adding 2 plates Kingston DIMM DDR2 1 GB 800 MHz to the 2 that I already have.
I don't really have an idea of what I'm doing so I need some help.

Thank you!

A:Choosing a video card and adding RAM

I believe the 6500 series cards require at least a 500 Watt power supply so you will most likely require a power supply upgrade as well if you choose that card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-a-video-card-and-adding-ram.183536/
Relevancy 27.52%

I currently have a gtx 560 ti and I'm acquiring a gtx 670. So, in the end, both cards will be under the hood.The 670 will go into the currently 560 ti slot and the 560 ti will go into the currently empty slot. Both use the same driver, do I have to reinstall it, or just stick the new gpu to the mobo and be happy ever after?

A:Do I have to reinstall the drivers when adding a new GPU?

Generally, I say you should always re-install graphics drivers when adding a new card.

What is the reason for running both cards at the same time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-have-to-reinstall-the-drivers-when-adding-a-new-gpu.181526/
Relevancy 27.95%

I currently have an Intel X25 80gb.Is there any compatability issues I should be concerned about? I am looking to add an Intel 120gb or 160 gb.There is a great variety such as 320s 520 s and the like.Looks like the X25s don't come in 120 or 160! Any suggestions?
My 80gb is almost full with Win7 and 2 games.This rig is only for games--I don't do any media stuff onit!!

A:Adding a second SSD

I seriously doubt if you have compatibility issues if you are going from a current SSD to a larger one. Only thing I can forsee is if you have a system that has only supports SATAII & you get a SSD that is SATAIII - you will be losing performance, but it should work. Post your system specs, that will help immensely in answering your compatibility questions. try speccy: http://www.piriform.com/speccy to grab all your system specs & post them back. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-second-ssd.181312/
Relevancy 27.95%

Currently have Intel 80 gb SS hardrive----with win7 and 2 games installed--74gb used!
I would like to add an Intel 120 gb SSD ! And now the question
what do you have to do after the physical Install-- will at automatically take in any additional data?

A:Adding a second SSD

It will automatically 'work', but it won't automatically take data. By that I mean, when you install stuff, it will still default to your C drive. You will need to change this during software installs (they almost always ask). Its not terribly difficult, just switch the C to D or whatever your new drive is lettered.

Over time though, you will still accumulate data on your C, which I'm assuming has little free space left. So I think you should switch your personal folders over to the new drive too. If you go to properties (right clicking and selecting) for stuff like Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music you can change their directory location. Switch those over from C to D. That will free up some space on your main drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-second-ssd.180035/
Relevancy 27.09%

I brought home a pair of Cisco AG series Access Points from work because the office is getting new ones I wanted to know if I could use one at home with my existing wireless router etc I don t have a lot of knowledge on how to configure these devices and I haven t had too much luck finding the answers I need Anyways I have one of the AP s set upstairs with Ethernet running down to my wireless router downstairs The on help Need access point adding WLAN router is a pretty basic Linksys WRT G that I ve had for awhile and should be compatible with any AP correct My problem other than not fully understanding how the access points work is the unit access point is detected by my wireless devices but they can t connect It appears as quot Need help adding access point on WLAN other network quot in available connections alongside my home network router Are they supposed to be one in the same or different IP addresses I downloaded and installed Cisco IP Setup Utility IPSU to try and configure the device but each time I try to put in the SSID I get an invalid error What exactly is the SSID on the access point supposed to be The same as my home network or router s SSID nbsp

A:Need help adding access point on WLAN

The SSID password is your home network's password.

I have a D-Link access point that I setup differently. It is connected by wire to my PC (through the built-in motheboard LAN port) and wirelessly to my router in another room. I configured the AP via my browser by typing in the AP's IP in the address bar to access the AP's configuration interface. From there I can access the various networks that are present, find mine, type in the password (for my home network). Save the settings and I'm done. You will need to know your device's IP to connect to it. You can probably get it from the manufacturer's website if you can find the manual for it there.

I'm not an expert in these matters and can barely configure my own AP but you can use any PC to configure the AP. Once configured the AP can be plugged into the LAN port of any PC, laptop or game console to access the internet wirelessly from your wireless router without further configuring. I have several PCs but I only use a couple at a time so when it is time to rotate an idle PC into activity all I have to do is to connect the AP to the PC's LAN port along with the power cord, monitor, speakers, mouse, keyboard, etc. and it's done. This way I don't need separate wireless adapters installed in each PC I own.

The way you have yours setup sounds like you are using the AP as a range extender. I don't have experience setting one of those up so I can't specifically help you with that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-adding-access-point-on-wlan.178001/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi All,
I live in a two family house with one Comcast ISP connection (neighbors in basement apt, I live in upper part of the house) and the router is located in the basement. We've been having problems with connectivity and I want to add a second modem to our house so I can connect an old Linksys router I have.

Is this possible? I know the least complicated (but most labor-intensive) way is to run CAT 5 wire from the first router to the second, but I don't want to have to drill holes in the floor of our rental house. Every room in the house has a coax jack and I'd like to connect one of those to a modem and router I have, so we can have a more reliable connection.

Anyone have experience with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-second-modem-to-comcast-isp.177074/
Relevancy 50.31%

Having dredged the internet, I came across this forum amongst the many with questions relating to cd drives working but dvd not etc, but my issue is slightly different, i think.

CDs seem to play ok, and so do DVDs, but I seem to have a problem with my laptop reading a disc with DS games on it that it used to read no problem. The discs can be used in my other half's laptop, so it is clearly a problem with my laptop.

I'd appreciate if anyone could advise where I can start to solve this problem

A:Music and video play on laptop CD/DVD drive but not data files

You need to have the CD/DVD drive replaced. Internal lasers fail in strange ways. The drives are not too expensive and they are easy to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-and-video-play-on-laptop-cd-dvd-drive-but-not-data-files.175583/
Relevancy 27.09%

So I have two 6970s in Crossfire. My main display is a 27" Samsung monitor running in 1920x1080. I recently dug an old monitor out of the closet... A Hannspree 22" which has a max resolution of 1680x1050. I've read elsewhere that this is possible to do... Except, I cant get the second one to detect! I've looked everywhere, and even AMD's website only offers support for 3 or more monitors. What am I doing wrong? I've tried plugging the second monitor's DVI cable into the second DVI port on the primary card, no detection. So then I activated crossfire and plugged it into the first DVI port on the second car. No detection. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

A:AMD 6970 Crossfire... adding a second monitor

Are you sure your second monitor is working? i.e. does it work if you just connect that monitor to your card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-6970-crossfire-adding-a-second-monitor.175739/
Relevancy 52.46%

As a part time DJ i spend a lot of time playing the same laptop a Recording music from music in the same order so i was thinking what if i Recording music from a laptop could just sit down and record the tracks that i play Recording music from a laptop directly into one Recording music from a laptop big MP and then it would save me having to load and cue each track I use a program called ClubDJ Pro its a twin deck system with a predefined playlist i can usually just load a playlist and tell it to cross fade during the last quot X quot seconds of the song X being a set time between and seconds However i find some songs have an extended silence at the end that can when i first played them mess up the auto cross fade facility and as anyone will tell you silence is deadly when your doing DJ ing So is there a program i can use to either record directly from my program or use another PC or laptop to record onto i assume i would use the earphone out on one to the Line In socket on the other PC Laptop and then record onto that It would be good as it then means i can use different mixes of my own nbsp

A:Recording music from a laptop

you might use WavePad Sound Editor to remove the trailing silence

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recording-music-from-a-laptop.174560/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 51.17%

My speakers are Logitech Surround Speaker Z506 and motherboard gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3.

I havent got a soundcard but I'm wondering why i cant use 5.1? and what sort of plugins/codecs i need for it? it used to work for my old machine using realtek HD and all 5 speakers work but for some reason my newer machine doesnt work, anyone can help or lead me to find a solution?

A:Speakers not using 5.1 when watching/listening to movies/music

What media player are you using and does it support Dolby 5.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-not-using-5-1-when-watching-listening-to-movies-music.174538/
Relevancy 26.66%

Got a new computer from TigerDirect.com- an Acer Aspire 5250-BZ853 with 2GB RAM stock.
The website offered to add 4GB of RAM to the laptop for about 50 bucks so we went ahead and did that. However, when I got the laptop, it definitely doesn't run as fast as a laptop with 6GB Ram. I have run multiple tests and have confirmed that the RAM is installed properly, as system scans show that I have 5-6 GB of usable RAM available at any given time.

Running Windows 7 with the following system specs-
AMD Dual Core Processor E-350
AMD Radeon HD 6310 (graphics card?)
2 GB DDR3 Memory
320 GB HDD

Is the problem with the memory? Maybe I installed the wrong type? Not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire 5250 laptop slow after adding 4GB RAM

Windows 7 32 bit, or 64 bit? Does all the memory show up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5250-laptop-slow-after-adding-4gb-ram.174580/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a satellite pro l300 - only 1 usb port is working the others have been physically damaged. I was wondering I could put a card into the express card slot ..I was thinking one of these

http://www.ebuyer.com/138357-startech-2-port-usb2-0-laptop-express-card-ec230usb

but I am confused, with pcima, express slot converters......would the above work ? - laptop is running vista.

A:Adding USB ports to ExpressCard slot on Toshiba Satellite Pro

Yes this adapter should work fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-usb-ports-to-expresscard-slot-on-toshiba-satellite-pro.173167/
Relevancy 26.66%

HI,

I want to upgrade my graphics and I am pretty sure the card I bought is compatible. I get a blank screen when starting with the card in and it plugged into the monitor. I have a drivers disc but can't use it because I can't see anything.

Windows 7 32 Bit OS

Here are the specs

I have Biostar Mobo N68S3+ with an AMD X2 Phenom processor ang 4Gb of RAM
My PSU is 220-240 400W
The card is a Galaxy GT 440 1026mb

I currently use the integrated graphics to connect to the monitor

Do they just not match or am I doing something wrong?

Much appreciated

A:Adding graphics card, blank screen

Have you checked if your inserting the card properly? Can you access BIOS at least? When do you see the white screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-graphics-card-blank-screen.173792/
Relevancy 51.6%

Looking for the best headphones for gaming and music... Noise canceling preferred so I can use them in a work environment also. Planning on spending no more than $100. Don't need a mic I can just use a separate one.
What do you guys think?
Thanks!

A:Choosing the best headphones? (gaming/music)

I'm considering using a few more dollars to get the Audio-Technica ATH-A700's, hmm what do you guys think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-the-best-headphones-gaming-music.171298/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Dell Optiplex 170l and I want to change out the hard drive to a 500G drive and add 2-1GB memory. Thoughts, I have been given the hard drive and would only have to purchase the memory.

A:Adding hardware

What is your question exactly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-hardware.169020/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've been looking for a new case and want USB 3.0 I've come to the realization it is much cheaper to buy a USB 2.0 case and add a PCI-E adapter to give USB 3 ports. Is there any down side to doing that? For example would the USB 3 ports run slower since there connected through PCI-E?

A:Adding USB 3.0 to a case that doesn't have one

I'm no expert on this, but AFAIK the PCIe interface should be fast enough. If you read about PCIe specifications on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express) the speed is much higher than the 5Gbps USB3 can reach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#USB_3.0).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-usb-3-0-to-a-case-that-doesnt-have-one.167727/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a Compaq Presario SR1960AN which has 1024MB PC2-4200 DDR2 memory.

I purchased another 2 gig of memory and each time I have tried to add it the computer beeps and doesn't seem to load.

I have taken the original memory out and tried the new memory which didnt work either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Adding memory to Compaq Presario

did you check the new memory you purchased with the QVL to make sure it is compatible?
secondly, you didn't happen to buy something called 'high density ram' did you?
many times (and its advisable) that you use identical ram when adding memory, or at least the same brand, type (single sided, dual sided) capacity, timings, voltage, ect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-memory-to-compaq-presario.167507/
Relevancy 50.31%

DMA is enabled...

The sound is synced to the voices, but the music seems to be playing slowly. Like in slow motion.

Have tried playing with several different audio players... VLC (VLC default codecs) and k-lite codecs as well...

Any suggestions?

Thanks much..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voices-fine-but-music-playing-in-slow-motion-during-dvd-playback.167687/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey guys I recently got an idea of adding a new Adding extra fans one or two fan to the side of my case for extra cooling as I Adding extra one or two fans might as Adding extra one or two fans well take the advantage of wasted space Now my question is shall I make it exhaust or intake I already got a intake fan at the front of my case and obviously exhaust at the back but no idea what I should do with the side Infact shall I add extra one to the side Would it fit nicely without disturbing the overall airflow in the case Here are pictures of my case side front and the side panel door Yes the cable management is TERRIBLE My Plan Good ol power tools I will be drilling holes in the side of my case so that the fan can fit I know its really odd way to do it i guess but sounds like fun and I might as well try it nothing to loose apart from some holes on the side hehe Or could just get bunch of fan filters grills xD Here is what it could look like http imageshack us m casemodplan jpg Side Panel Door http img imageshack us img imgp jpg http imageshack us m imgp o jpg Side http imageshack us m imgp k jpg http imageshack us m imgp r jpg http imageshack us m imgp u jpg Front http imageshack us m imgp i jpg Slideshow Here are my specs fyi MOBO M N SE CASE Antec something P its around years old CPU AMD II X BE Ghz OC Ghz stock GPU GTX GB PSU OCZ Stealth Xstream II W Front Intake Fan mm Blue LED Fan Exhaust Fan Thermaltake TT- mm afaik Temperatures http imageshack us m tempsi jpg Also what fan shall I buy Don t really care about noise but more of performance ratio Was thinking of either mm Blue LED fan or another mm Blue LED that I already have for intake at the front Not sure if the Thermaltake TT- is more powerful then the mm BLUE LED really wanna find a good fan blue glow that is around - range Any Ideas wave PS My cable management is absolutely terrible but did best I can lol was my st time building a PC so yeh kinda sucked Need to do some cleaning alot of dust just sitting there No idea what my case brand is looks like old Antec P got it from my uncle heh Yes front panel is missing hehe More air lol Thanks in advance all help much appreciated nbsp

A:Adding extra one or two fans

I would make the fan on the side an intake. That way it will push cool outside air over your video card and motherboard, as opposed to pulling air away from them.

As for what fan, I have never used LED fans, but if you decide not to go for LED's Scythe Slipstreams and Noctua fans are great regarding noise/performance ratio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-extra-one-or-two-fans.165430/
Relevancy 20.64%

hi guys, im having issues with this error file and folder. im trying to transfer files to WD essential storage using wdtv live n router netgear dg834g. but recently the past week im starting to get these error message which states "error copying file or folder" cannot copy ... the specified network name is no longer available. never had any problems for a year n just started about a week ago. i have rebooted router , wdtv , storage to no avail. any ideas.

A:Error copying file or folder

Maybe the WD essential storage device is failing or needs a formatting restore

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-copying-file-or-folder.165218/
Relevancy 21.07%

As I saw today, my mobile phones folders are converted in to shortcuts, i tried to change shortcut directory, but it didn't work either, also, i noticed, that the real files where hidden, and that shortcuts, which where made itself somehow, opened through CMD. I need any solution, what to do, also, i lost some of my import photos, and the PC is not mine, it's public domain and there's admin privilegies set up. Any solutions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/about-folder-converted-in-shortcut.163020/
Relevancy 27.52%

I want to add another CD/DVD player(Optical Drive.) to my PC. Want to get the same one thats already installed So I found it in Belarc Advisor 'and put the info in a search window HT_DT_ST DVDRAM GH60N ATA Device. A bunch of download sites came up.I';m looking for where I can find the Hardware Thanks CB

A:Adding second optical drive

This drive is most probably out of production, I also could not find anywhere selling it apart from ebay, there is one on this page.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HL-Data-Storage...=280593035166&ps=63&clkid=7867011322969255559

Personally I would be looking for a more recent model as improvements are being made all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-second-optical-drive.162693/
Relevancy 26.66%

I tried looking a little on google and couldnt find much I need to make a batch file to add dns suffixs to local area connection i have a script that i tested but it didn t work because i beleive it was for just the local dns suffixes? adding script DNS for Batch file s and not for the dns suffixes Any Batch file script for adding DNS suffixes? help is Batch file script for adding DNS suffixes? a appreciated Update i found a script here That works for now Just need to figure out how to set it so it manually checks those boxes On Error Resume Next strComputer quot quot arrDNSDomainSuffixSearchOrder Array quot dns com quot quot dns com quot quot dns com quot Set objWMIService GetObject quot winmgmts quot amp quot impersonationLevel impersonate quot amp strComputer amp quot root cimv quot Set objNicConf objWMIService Get quot Win NetworkAdapterConfiguration quot WScript Echo VbCrLf amp quot DNS Host Name quot amp strDNSHostName amp VbCrLf amp quot Attempting to enable DNS quot intEnableDNS objNicConf EnableDNS strDNSHostName strDNSDomain arrDNSServerSearchOrder arrDNSDomainSuffixSearchOrder If intEnableDNS Then WScript Echo quot Successfully enabled DNS quot ElseIf intEnableDNS Then WScript Echo quot Successfully enabled DNS quot amp VbCrLf amp quot Must reboot quot Else WScript Echo quot Unable to enable DNS quot End If WScript Echo VbCrLf amp String quot - quot Set colNicConfigs objWMIService ExecQuery quot SELECT FROM Win NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE IPEnabled True quot For Each objNicConfig In colNicConfigs strDNSHostName objNicConfig DNSHostName Next WScript Echo VbCrLf amp quot DNS Host Name quot amp strDNSHostName For Each objNicConfig In colNicConfigs WScript Echo VbCrLf amp quot Network Adapter quot amp objNicConfig Index amp VbCrLf amp quot quot amp objNicConfig Description WScript Echo quot DNS Domain quot amp objNicConfig DNSDomain WScript Echo quot DNS Server Search Order quot If Not IsNull objNicConfig DNSServerSearchOrder Then For Each strDNSServer In objNicConfig DNSServerSearchOrder WScript Echo quot quot amp strDNSServer Next End If WScript Echo quot DNS Domain Suffix Search Order quot If Not IsNull objNicConfig DNSServerSearchOrder Then For Each strDNSDomainSuffix In objNicConfig DNSDomainSuffixSearchOrder WScript Echo quot quot amp strDNSDomainSuffix Next End If Next nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/batch-file-script-for-adding-dns-suffixes.162730/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with vista and every time i try to play a song from my external hdd i get an error message that says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set associations control panel.

A:Unable to play music from external HDD

This is the normal instruction for setting up a file association.

1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, typing "default programs" and then clicking Default Programs in the pop up list.
2. Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
This opens a list of extensions.
3. Choose the extension of the files that you wish to open then click on change program button.
4. Select the program you wish to associate the file with and click Ok.

If you have already done this try right clicking on the file and selecting open with then choose the player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-play-music-from-external-hdd.162582/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey everyone,

The display on my old Dell Studio 1735 died and I just got a refurbished one from Dell, same model. I'm wanting to add the HDD from the old computer to the new Dell in its second HDD bay. I have it removed but am not seeing anywhere to attach the connection. Is there a different caddy for the second drive bay? I thought I could just take the old computer's HDD and swap it into the new one's second bay since it has the caddy and connection already. I'm not seeing a connection anywhere hear the second bay,

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Question adding second HDD to Dell Studio 1735

Looks like you need a new caddy. As it says, this is only for the second bay so it must be different to the other one.

http://newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-adding-second-hdd-to-dell-studio-1735.162260/
Relevancy 50.74%

I purchased a refurbished HP blank DVD-R on music not 11 Windows Player will Media burn DC Core Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Duo E GHz with a DVD -RW drive I am able to write music to a blank DVD-R using ImgBurn but Windows Media Player and will only write to a blank CD-R It will playback the DVD-R that I create on ImgBurn The DVD Device is HL-DT-ST Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R DVD RAM GH L The Operating System is XP Pro I had to purchase a DVD Decoder from Roxio in order to play a DVD movie in Windows Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Media Player Is there something else that I need to purchase to write music on a blank DVD-R Or is there some setting that needs to be changed Someone suggested that WMP does not write to DVD-Rs but I have WMP on a PC with Vista and it writes to a blank DVD-R with no problem I wrote to the DVD-R on the Vista PC and I was able to read it on the XP Pro PC I just cannot write it on the XP Pro According to Microsoft WMP is supposed to write an audio file to a Data Disk nbsp

A:Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R

1. I would check current firmware version for the DVD and look for a firmware update
> Use Nero Infotool to see current drive info incl. firmversion and look if updates available

2. See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

3. You might also try a DVD+R disc

/* EDIT */
Oh! i also just noticed you posted in the Introduce Yourself forum. Next time please post in the forum for topic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-11-will-not-burn-music-on-blank-dvd-r.160814/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi to everyone........

Big favor, I need help. My external HD is recognized, but no folder....need for school. Anyone, please help me out

Thanks!
Pam

A:External HDD is recognized but there's no folder

Hi Pam and welcome to TechSpot.

What kind of external HD are we talking about? Brand and model would help along with the type of interface, assume it's probably Usb2 but still need to know for sure. When you say it is recognized does this mean you can see it in Windows Explorer and if so, does it have a drive letter assigned to it? That should be enough to get things started.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-is-recognized-but-theres-no-folder.160654/
Relevancy 27.09%

motherboard abit nf7-s
ram 2 1 gig sticks pc 27000
gforce 6200 512 vid card
500 watt psu
160 gig WD 7200 rpm
amd athlon xp 2600 1.9

So i added new ram pc 2700 1 gig ram 2 sticks and my computer locks up and restarts randomly and will sometimes loop when starting up, it doesn't matter what im doing it will do all of these!!

When i put back in my old ram 256 and 512 my computer goes back to being stable!! So to me once i hit 1 gig of memory the computer locks up or restarts whenever it wants to!!

All my motherboard drivers are old and same with bios, So basically to sum it up i use whatever drivers that come with the motherboard cd!! I don't know how to upgrade these im kinda of a noob lol.

A:Comp locks up and restarts after adding 1GB of RAM

It looks like you should be able to run up to three sticks of PC 27000 on this motherboard so that shouldn't be the problem. So we should probably start with the premise that the new memory may be defective or there's something out of whack with the BIOS settings for your new memory. Might want to set memory timings to auto in the BIOS for starters and reset the processor to stock speeds if you're overclocking. Then you need to run memory diagnostics by starting with one of the two new sticks of memory ... if the first passes remove it and test the second. Hopefully, this will give us some indication of where the problem lies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-locks-up-and-restarts-after-adding-1gb-of-ram.160205/
Relevancy 10.75%

hey y all- i had a for undervolted PS modem Problem solved: modem connectivity problem that had an easy answer and I thought I would post a note just to keep us all thinking creatively -- My computer DSL connection was iff-y then died I figured out that the power supply for the wire modem Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem was dead - I did this by Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem process-of-elimination and by don t try this at home sticking my tongue on the power tip of the power supply - at volts you should feel a little buzz - no buzz dead power supply So I head of to Radio Shack Go Lance They don t have a volt ps They do have a multi-power adapter that includes volt in the range of selectable voltage by a switch It costs more than a plain volt power adapter should but I want to read Techspot so I Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem pay the extra money for a multi-adapter rather than find one off the web and wait for shipping Multi-adapter had wrong polarity and this was not switchable so I had to cut and reverse the wiring don t try this at home unless you know what you are doing - wrong polarity will smoke and kill whatever low -voltage thingie yo uplug in including DSL modem Prob Solved Months later I get modem problems I think it is a wireless connectivity problem because whenever I try to hit the web by wireless the modem freaks out Somehow days later it occurs to me power could be wrong sure enough one of my preschoolers had somehow pushed the power adapter voltage slector switch from volt to volt -- so when the desktop and the laptop were both trying to pull data through the wire modem it was just enough power drain to make the modem shut off So if you have connectivity problems as always check the classic quot is it plugged in Is it turned on quot intervention first - check for a dead power adapter on your modem And if you have to improvise and use a multi-voltage power supply adapter you might want to glue or tape the voltage selector button in place nbsp

A:Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem

This is called "Common Sense" troubleshooting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-undervolted-ps-for-modem.158649/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello. I have a folder share on my Windows 7 computer and I was trying to access it with a Windows XP Home computer in the house. However, I kept getting an "Access Denied" error whenever I tried to write to the folder. How can I fix this?

Also, sometimes when accessing .zip files and .exe fines from one XP Home computer to another XP Home computer, I get a "Unspecified security risk" and "Access denied" error respectively. How do I fix this?

A:Access Denied error when trying access Windows 7 folder from Windows XP

multiple levels of controls here

the XP needs the LLTP service from SP3 to be able to share w/ win7

there are two layers of access for share resources:

the network access
the NTFS access
The simplest solution is to use Simple Sharing and share via the All Users\Shared Documents\ directory. The Admin can set Allow Modifications (or not as needed),
which create the NTFS perms for the <Everyone> group.

So, *IF* you have network access (you can see the shared folder and it's contents),
then the NTFS permissions are the controlling factor.

IF not, the the network access is in control and you need to figure out Simple Sharing vs not-so-simple and those requirements

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-denied-error-when-trying-access-windows-7-folder-from-windows-xp.158793/
Relevancy 10.32%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,
I want to add a third monitor to my HP Pavilion p6320f PN. It currently has a NVIDIA GeForce 9100 Integrated graphics card. Will this card support a third monitor?

Thanks in advance.

A:Adding a 3rd monitor

Surly it's down to how many sockets for a monitor input there are on the back isn't it?. Unless you're using some kind of splitter (which i don't use, so i don't know).

According to the web; "Pretty much all Nvidia graphics cards have multi monitor support (above 2 with proper control settings management )". However; "If it's intergrated, then probably not".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-3rd-monitor.158366/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello I'd like to add more memory to make my computer go faster. I'm not sure how much to add or what to get. I have a Compaq Presario SR1960AN abd it has 1024meg. Thanks

A:Adding more memory

This should answer any and all questions you have: http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/listparts.aspx?model=Presario SR1960AN If your in the US, navigate to crucial.com and use the memory advisor tool from there.

I recommend you remove your towers cover and confirm that you have 4 slots, and that two are free currently though, because it states it comes with 512MB, and your saying it has 1GB. It might have all 4 used already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-more-memory.157585/
Relevancy 10.75%

Short version - I used DG45ID (solved) motherboard Intel dead a non compatible cpu which has the effect of leaving Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) the board switched on Long version - I bought the DG ID off ebay and got a CPU to go in it I switched on the fan worked and HDD was active but no screen The USBs were active When I switched off at the mains When I switched on it powered up without the start button I realised I had a non compatible cpu I bought an E The first time I switched on at the mains it came on without the start button but subsequently I had to press start to power the board ie as normal CMOS jumper When I bought it the jumper connected pin with the LED pin I assume that is like a removed jumper ie BIOS flash mode Hence Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) when I connected a DVD drive it Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) crashed I assume it was looking for a bio file Nothing I could do would recover the board The green standby light came on but nothing else It was dead No USB power no fans nothing I remembered the wrong CPU that had left the board quot switched on quot I put it in and it behaved as before power but no monitor I then replaced the E and hey presto I was in but only on cmos recovery there was no bios But the USBs were active So I removed the jumper flashed the BIOS from a USB stick and it s up and running NB the intel manual is wrong regarding the CMOS pins It shows pin closest to the battery That is actually pin If you look I can t post the pdf link page the pin is clearly show closest to the battery I thought it was strange that all the images on Google show the jumper on pins furthest from the battery the manual says that is the recovery position nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-dg45id-motherboard-dead-solved.158177/
Relevancy 26.66%

I ve been doing a bit multiple PSU's when GPUs Adding running additional of research lately because I m unsure of the exact upgrade direction I want to take and I ve come up with the idea of using full HD screens along with triple SLI CF but the power requirements in my case would be above the capability of my Corsair HX- Having just spent on that I d rather not even consider replacing it So can a system use a second PSU like any decent PSU or do they need Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs to be built specially for the purpose I was kinda thinking maybe it would be possible to run the system on my Corsair including x GPUs and then run the rd th using another PSU Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs like a w modular thus only using a couple of cables OCZ one or something Besides the space requirements how exactly do you go about doing this e g how would you connect it into the motherboard and is it physically possible Do I need to use a booster thingy PSU like the ones Red uses in his hollodeck instead If so where on earth do you purchase them from in the UK and what are they called Its purely discussion right now I m not tying myself down to any particular idea I d just like to understand all my available paths and answer a couple of questions I m unsure about more than anything nbsp

A:Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs

Leeky said:

Having just spent 117 on that I'd rather not even consider replacing it. So can a system use a second PSU (like any decent PSU), or do they need to be built specially for the purpose?Click to expand...

I'm no expert in PSU's so I wont bull**** you on that, it's my weak spot, but is it possible to use multiple PSU's on one system? Yes. Both in your case? I don't know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-additional-psus-when-running-multiple-gpus.157864/
Relevancy 27.09%

hi all, so im looking to add a second hard drive to my computer, the current hard drive on the computer is only 80gb's and i wanted to add atleast a 500gb hard drive. basically i just needed to know what all i would need to add a second hard drive to my system. also im currently running windows xp and would i need the OS disc to add a second drive?

A:Adding new hard drive first time

You don't really need anything to install a hard drive. Perhaps a screw driver to screw the hard drive into the bay. You obviously need a second hard drive and SATA data/power cables, or an IDE cable and a 4 pin power connector. You'll also need a spare SATA/IDE port on your motherboard to plug it in.

If you're unaware, SATA cables are the L-shaped ones, the little one is data, the big one is power. IDE are the wide ribbon cables with lots of pins, 4-pin connectors are self explanatory.

1. Turn off your computer and remove the power plug from the back before opening up the case.

2. Ground yourself by touching the case, or preferably with a grounding wrist strap (you should be able to grab one of these from a hardware store).

3. Place the hard drive into the appropriate bay, leave a gap between the two drives if possible, and screw it into place with the screws that hopefully came with the drive.

4. After that, simply plug the SATA/IDE cables into your motherboard and the back of the hard drive and plug the SATA power/4-pin connector into the hard drive.

5. Close the case, plug the computer back into the mains and you should be good to go.

EDIT: Being foolish, I forgot to mention that you will need to format your disk drive. I'll assume you're running windows, in which case you'll want to go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management, then right click the second hard drive you just installed (C: is probably the name of your original hard drive) and click format, set the disk name to blank or give it a name, make sure the chosen file system is NTFS and then check the "Quick Format" box, before hitting okay and giving it a while to format. It shouldn't take very long, a couple of minutes at most.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-new-hard-drive-first-time.157383/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey guys My name is Joey This is the first computer i some what built myself Lemme start with the specs ASUS Essentio CG -BP GB Serial ATA hard drive NVIDIA GeForce GT GB DDR PCI Express x graphics card Intel Core Quad Q GHz GB DDR The above specs are stock Ok so here is my story small and hardware spikes Startup adding new freezing after lag about weeks ago i installed a Asus GTX top video card and every thing ran fine but when i played a game called batman arkham asylum Startup freezing and small lag spikes after adding new hardware I would some times get a blue screen saying some thing about my hardware So i talked to a few friends and they suggested that it may be my power supply stock my pc comes with a w and my video card calls for w so hey it might be possible Sooo i ordered a corsair w power supply and i also ordered a arctic cooling heat sink and fan i figured there may have been a slight chance it was over heating Ok so great i installed both the power supply and the heatsink i added new arctic silver compound to my processor every thing went great First start up went great played batman for about a hour no blue screen I was very happy but at times i noticed i would lag when ever i opened a door odd i know but i could swear it never happened before and so about days ago out of the blue my computer is giving me problems starting up freezing at random point in the start up and even occasionally just idol at my desktop So i figured some how i got a virus downloading some thing so i just reformatted to windows vista ultimate x same OS i have all ways used and i am still getting the same problem I am just learning how to build computers and diagnose problems etc Some ones mentioned in previous threads to check your bios who was having a freezing problem I don t exactly know how to do that I did double check and my hard drive is plugged in properly and every thing please any input is great appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/startup-freezing-and-small-lag-spikes-after-adding-new-hardware.157392/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi (budgeted) from music a Recommendations new recording building scratch computer for I would like to put together a computer with these software requirements in mind for reason record Intel P AMD Athlon XP at GHz or better multiple cores highly recommended GB RAM or more DVD drive GB free hard disk space Record may use up to GB cache disk space Windows XP SP Vista or later I currently have XP and would do Windows but I really don t care for Vista please don t figure in to the total and yes I will be getting a legal copy I would like to go the cheapest route Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music which I imagine would be building from scratch If I can stay under dollars that s Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music be best although spending a little more for a really nice system that will be good for a few years is favorable I found this as a starting point and would like to know the thoughts from the inside The only additional information I have is I have TB s that are waiting for a home Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music so I m not worried about storage and also the quieter the better as everything helps while recording Thank you very much in advance - Dinvex nbsp

A:Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music

You can do better with your budget. I recommend this:

AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - $57.99 + free shipping
GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 AM3\AM2+\AM2 AMD 740G mATX AMD Motherboard - $53.99 ($51.99 with M-Club discount) + variable shipping depending on location
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit - $75.99 + $0.99 shipping
NZXT Beta EVO Chassis - CS-NT-BETA-EVO - $53.99 + free shipping
SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W ATX12V V2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - OEM - $39.99 + $8.57 shipping
ASUS Xonar DX PCI-E Sound Card - $79.99 ($59.99 after $20 MIR) + free shipping
Grand Total = ~$380, not considering rebates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-building-a-new-budgeted-computer-from-scratch-for-recording-music.154550/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello. Let me first state that I am new to computers. Also I mostly use them for gaming. I recently got accepted to a beta for a new game, but it needs 30Gb for the install. I do not have enough room on my C drive for this. I do have another 74GB raptor drive not being used at the moment.

Could I add this other raptor drive to my computer and Install that beta game on it and play from there? I never had a computer with more than one drive so I really don't know how to utilize a second drive. Can I play games from that second drive or is only for storing data and pictures etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

A:Help with adding a second hard drive

Hi Waxalot,

welcome to TechSpot. 30Gb for a beta game? nice! is this Diablo mulitplayer? or WoW? (just guessing)

Yes you can install a second drive onto your PC and install/run the game onto your second drive.

Hope this helps

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-adding-a-second-hard-drive.156207/
Relevancy 27.52%

Please bear with me on this as I might not know all of the proper terms.

I currently share internet service with my neighbor. Their DSL modem goes into a wireless router (which provides wireless access for their house, but the signal does not reach my house). Their router also has a network cable connected to it which feeds my computer directly (100+ feet away). Up until now that cable just went directly into the back of my computer. I now have a second desktop that I need to plug in and would also like to be able to connect to this network wirelessly.

What type of equipment do I need to add and with what settings?

Thanks in advance for your help on this matter.

A:Adding a second wireless router

it looks like this

Code:
isp==his modem/router----cable.2.you---yourNewRouter
You can get any wifi router of your choice; the trick is how it's cabled.

connect the new router via cable to your system, but do not connect it to the real router yet
you use your browser to configure the WiFi settings you want
Set the default router address as your Browser URL; supply the default user/password for your router
DISABLE the DHCP service (you will let your neighbor's router set that for you)
set a unique SSID for you (but not your name or address)
leave encryption off for now and enable the wifi radio
and be sure to set a new admin password
save the configuration
Now disconnect the router from your system.
Take the cable to the Internet connection and plug it into any of the LAN slots - - leave the WAN slot empty.

Enable your WiFi adaptor and connect to your SSID setting above and connect.
Once you've made the connection, you can go back and enable encryption {WPA2 or WPA, but not WEP} - -
do that ONLY from a wired connection to the new router.

Of couse you can also attach three more wired devices to your new router too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-second-wireless-router.155705/
Relevancy 51.17%

i was watching some videos online and i tried to mute sounds from all the other stuff i was using at the tim and now i go back to my spotify and its says it cant play music because there is a problem with the sound card what do i do?

A:Spotify won't play music because of a problem with my sound?

Can you take a screen shot of the actual error message and post it? You might just have to re-install the sound card driver, but who knows you haven't given enough info yet to give you a good answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spotify-wont-play-music-because-of-a-problem-with-my-sound.155625/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all A friend of mine recently had his computer stop working and he has a lot of photos on his hard drive SATA that he wants saved I took the drive in hopes of plugging it into my computer and then copying his pictures over and burning them to a disc My computer has Windows XP SP a Gigabyte nForce Sli mobo two IDE hard drives and two external USB hard drives Before starting I installed the updated mobo drives from the Gigabyte Adding IDE drives? two hard a existing a with drive PC SATA to website and then I used a cable from my original mobo box with a four pin connector on one end and the plug for the SATA drive on the other Then I used to cable labeled as SATA and then plugged it into the color coded connector Adding a SATA hard drive to a PC with two existing IDE drives? on the mobo I rebooted and Windows recognized new hardware and said Adding a SATA hard drive to a PC with two existing IDE drives? it needed to install new software drivers I assume It installed software and exited without errors but XP doesnt list the drive I also dont see it under disk management I did Adding a SATA hard drive to a PC with two existing IDE drives? go into the BIOS and everything labeled SATA is set as enabled I am not sure what else I need to be looking at in the BIOS however My mobo also has a manual that has setup information regarding SATA RAID RAID Function I ll be honest and say I dont know what the heck that is and the manual looks difficult for a user like me A couple of people told me that it should be plug and play with XP so I really wasnt expecting many problems with this I would really appreciated any help on this as to what I should be checking Thanks nbsp

A:Adding a SATA hard drive to a PC with two existing IDE drives?

If the drive is physically fine the drive should work fine plugged into the motherboard. Does the motherboard have RAID and standard SATA connectors? It may be that with the drive connected to the RAID connector that you need to do some type of configuration prior to having the drive seen in Windows.

Another option if you still can't get it to work would be to use one of the SATA > USB docking units like:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153071

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-sata-hard-drive-to-a-pc-with-two-existing-ide-drives.153670/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello Everyone Well Here is the topic I ve taking the liberty of buying a new hardrive that I thought would make my computer run faster because the old one was in No adding (internal) drive signal new hard when monitor basically corrupted so after buying it from Futureshop I came home No signal in monitor when adding new hard drive (internal) and detached the old one and attached the new one that I bought Put the jumpers in the right place and turned on the computer and then theres a big problem I ve got no signal on my monitor Here is what I ve done so far -Taking out the battery for an hour to rest Put it back in -Taking One Stick of Ram out and Turned it on Nothing Happened -Taking out all the Ram Beeped continuously Nothing Happened So put it back in -Turned on computer with amp without hardrive Nothing Happened -Held Delete button amp F for Bios Only one beep and nothing happened after that Thats all I ve done so far now here are the system specs Windows Xp Home Edition GB Hardrive Western Digital RPM Mb Cache PATA IDE New One GB Hardrive Hitachi Deskstar RPM ATA IDE Old One Mb Ram Dell Extreme N D-Link Wireless Adapter Cd DvD drive Floppy Disk drive Toshiba Lithium Battery v That is all Please help I ve gone to different sites and nothing seems to help Thanks If you can please send me replies within the Hour nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-in-monitor-when-adding-new-hard-drive-internal.153513/
Relevancy 27.09%

He guys Im having problems with adding new harddrive s Because that causes the old ones to not get detected anymore this problem happend to me twice when i tried to add a secondary hard drive first time it happend it tought i had destroyed a new hard drive wich was a samsung spinpoint f gb both hard drives i got are sata so i just connect them with sata cables to the motherboard wich is a asrock p pro and afcourse power supply cables to te drives from here its al good hard Can't one second a detect drive adding after but here s where it go s wrong after adding the empty new drive to the pc and starting it up it only finds the new and the old with windows on Can't detect hard drive after adding a second one it is just gone all of a sudden so i had to install windows on the new rebooted and got into windows and still no sign of the old drive wich all my programms were on so next thing i tried was to just get the new out and boot the pc with only the old in this didnt help i just got a black screen asking me to insert boot device this is really driving me crazy since it costed me hard drives already and i dont know what s the problem i only know that Can't detect hard drive after adding a second one the hard drives aint broken i hope you guys know wat the problem could be i ve been googling my off but didnt find any problems such as this nbsp

A:Can't detect hard drive after adding a second one

Connect the two hard drives SATA and power connectors... Connect the SATA connectors to the motherboard, and then turn on your PC and head into BIOS.

Navigate to the hard drives section, and then confirm under the SATA headings that both hard drives are reading correctly.

Then In BIOS, check the boot order. Decide which hard drive you want as priority ( I recommend your old install as its current) and set boot order up in the following order:

1. Removable media (USB memory sticks etc)
2. Optical drive (DVD or DVD R/W)
3. Your first hard disc (whichever one you decided should boot windows)

Finally, check the hard disks are set to AHCI (I think its that) not IDE.

Save settings, and exit BIOS. the PC should then reboot and start into your windows installation on your hard drive with highest priority as set my BIOS.

If that doesn't work, then firstly let us know whether the hard drives are listed in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-detect-hard-drive-after-adding-a-second-one.152654/
Relevancy 27.52%

I wanted to add another hdd 1.5tb to my system because I need the extra storage for video. I formatted it but when I came back to it this morning it had split it into 3 sections. Something I never did. I deleted one of the partitions and it combined with another but the the other won't work to extend to. I try to format it but it says it is too small but it show 880gb. What am I doing wrong?

A:I am having a problem adding another HDD, why?

if it is a completely new drive and its empty,i would suggest formatting the whole damn thing and use a powerful partitioning software such as GParted to create the partitions....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-having-a-problem-adding-another-hdd-why.152495/
Relevancy 26.66%

I know there are so many threads about this but I need quick answers!

1. I have two big 120 mm fans on the rear of my computer blowing air out of my computer (does that mean those are INTAKE or EXHAUST?), outside of the CPU and GPU fans that's all the fans I have

2. I am adding THREE fans, one on top, one on the bottom, and an expansion slot video card cooling fan. Since the two rear fans are blowing OUT, how should I set the top and bottom fans?

3. My video card is at the top of the expansion slots, how close to my GPU should I install the video card cooling fan?

Thanks!

A:Adding case fans noob questions

There are different theories regarding positive or negative case pressure.
My way of thinking is to have a negative pressure in the case so that the cool air will be drawn into the case (the cool air will actually be trying to get in there because of the very slight difference in pressure) and the hot air expelled better.
Positive pressure imo, will cause the warm air inside to possibly mill around inside the case before being evacuated.
So, the two fans on the back of your case are exhausting air, creating that negative pressure. I would put the one on the top as an exhaust also, as hot air tends to rise. I would then, if possible, put the other fan at the front of the case as an intake, so that the cooler air is drawn across the motherboard.
You can also have the one on the bottom as an intake too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-case-fans-noob-questions.151576/
Relevancy 21.07%

While logged in as administrator, I copied a share folder to my local computer. I've manage to delete all the contents within the folder but can't delete the folder itself. The error I get when I right-click and select delet is :

Cannot delete: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the files is not currently in use.

When I try to delete the folder for command prompt using RD /S I get the error:

Access is denied

When I go into properties, there is no SECURITY tab but only GENERAL & CUSTOMIZE. Also the folder attributes are 'read-only' but of course Windows won't let me change that either.

Can someone show how to delete this folder?

Thank you

A:Can't delete folder

Have you tried Unlocker ?

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1029-unlocker.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-delete-folder.151471/
Relevancy 27.52%

System Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP C-UD R OS Win - bit Memory CRUCIAL CT KIT AA - GB DDR I Purchased a new set of DDR DIMMs CRUCIAL CT KIT AA - GB DDR Original memory was installed in slots DDR and DDR per manual for a total of GB I installed the new memory in slots DDR and DDR This should create two matched sets for a total of GB On boot the PC started rebooting at windows load I removed the two GB modules and installed the new GB modules one at a time and then together in the DDR and DDR slots Each time the PC booted fine I then installed the original GB DIMMs in slots DDR and DDR the reverse of my first attempt This time the PC would reboot without completing POST The BIOS had a continuous series of beeps between boots Both sets of DIMMs are the same except for memory size DDR PC - CL adding not up addition Memory Unbuffered NON-ECC DDR - V What have Memory addition not adding up I missed nbsp

A:Memory addition not adding up

Might be possible that they aren't compatible?

Given the price of DDR2 RAM these days, I'd recommend that you just sell the smaller RAM sticks, and not worry about this problem.

4GB should be enough for your system, and you wouldn't notice the extra 2GB. Unless you heavily multitask with RAM intensive programs or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-addition-not-adding-up.150681/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys compatible Problems motherboard adding new RAM to this looks like a great forum to find help with my problem Well I decided after my computer kept getting the blue screen to upgrade my ram So according to my mother board which the link to Problems adding new compatible RAM to motherboard my model is below Since Im new I cant post the exact the link tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku M - H url I can upgrade to two gb Ok so I ordered gb Centon which is compatible to PC - PC - DDR - and DDR - So according to this its Problems adding new compatible RAM to motherboard suppose to be compatible unless Im missing something here Anyways I took out the old ram which was gb and added the new ram The computer wouldn t start So I took out the ram and placed in second slot and still the same problem computer wont start Added the new ram to the empty slot and the original back to its slot This time my computer went real quickly to the bios screen and went black Took out the new ram and left the old one on the same slot and obviously the computer started I can t figure out for the life of me what the problem is Do I need to purchase another stick of gb so they can match Is it that gb stick wont work on my computer This is all new to me Any ideas I read on the net and tried the run msconfig boot ini advanced options and attempted to change MaxMem to the actual gb number but it would reset back to Im all out of ideas Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Problems adding new compatible RAM to motherboard

Link isn't working BTW.
Did you check your motherboard's list?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-adding-new-compatible-ram-to-motherboard.150284/
Relevancy 20.64%

hello guys im about to give u a problem that i have for almost weeks and share 7 with printer folder windows Problem in now recently in my office we upgraded from XP to win everything was fine before until win come to the scene so we have pc that act as main pc to save all document and data and we share that folder to other PCs in the office it work Problem with share folder and printer in windows 7 fine for like - days then Problem with share folder and printer in windows 7 i cant access the shared folder anymore and have to reconnecting the other PCs to the main pc again here is what i did - connect the PCs to main PC via pc name and mapped drive - use static ip on all PCs some more info - main pc use windows the other using windows XP - all PCs use F-secure v anti virus yup i suspecting win and Fsecure has something to do with this problem - all PCs joined domain but already use admin password to connect before and work for - days without asking password everytime we want to access share folder any help is welcome thanks in advance edit printer also suffer the same fate as PCs nbsp

A:Problem with share folder and printer in windows 7

ermm..i guess there is no solution for this one...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-share-folder-and-printer-in-windows-7.148623/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello I have a Cable DSL connection at home and my TrendNet router was adding to network a the Problem with router second connected to the cable modem I had three computers in a wired local area network Recently I bought a Toshiba notebook and a Belkin Wireless G router Since Problem with adding a second router to the network two computers are desktop and other two are notebook I want to add the router to the local area network in such way that all of them remain in the same network I because of the file and printer sharing and I want my notebooks to be able to connect to the router using wireless connection I spent two days trying to setup the local network but I never managed to configure it the way I want it to be Two scenarios happened In the first scenario my desktop computers had xxx addresses and my notebooks had some strange address and subnet when connected using wireless and they couldn t use neither local network nor internet When I connected them to the router using wire they also had the xxx address and worked fine In the second scenario I managed to connect my notebooks to the router using wireless connection but in that case they had the xxx addresses and cannot see my two desktop computers as a part of the Windows network Ping works fine and I can access desktop computers using xxx from the Run dialog But none of the desktop computers could either ping or access any of the notebooks Can anyone help me solve the problem Thank you in advance Tufahija nbsp

A:Problem with adding a second router to the network

OK, just to confirm, your using your TrendNet router AND your Belkin wireless router?

Assuming both are for DSL connections, is there any reason why you need to use two routers?

If your TrendNet router isn't wireless, then remove it completely, and use the Belkin one that is.

If you must use both, then you need to configure the Belkin router as a wireless access point and network switch only, and disable DHCP and UPNP in that router.

So the following should see you sorted:

1. connect the Belkin router to your TrendNet one via ethernet cable.
2. Do a hard reset of your Belkin router (so you have a clean base to set it up)
3. Log into the router, and then disable DHCP
4. Disable UPNP.
5. Set up wireless as usual.

This is usually enough to setup a router as an access point. Some models need slightly different procedures though. You do NOT want DHCP or UPNP enabled on the Belkin router though. You want your TrendNet router to assign IP addresses from its IP address pool to devices connected to your Belkin router by either wired, or wireless connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-adding-a-second-router-to-the-network.147762/
Relevancy 26.66%

System = Dell Inspiron 531

Had issue with boot drive, so replaced and re-loaded Windows Vista OS.

Decided to add original drive to grab some data; so installed the old drive in Sata Port 2. The drive did not work -- I thot is might be a bad SATA cable, so started switching things around.

Net is -- drive works fine if new boot drive is in SATA port 0; and prior hard drive is plugged in SATA port 1 (where CD had been plugged). Copied data, etc.

So -- knew I needed to ENABLE SATA Port 2 in BIOS -- but when I go there -- those items are 'Greyed out' and not selectable.

KEY QUESTION - Is there some other change that has to be made to enable SATA ports in BIOS? I went in Device Manager -- found the 'controller' entry -- but nothing seemed out of place there.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards, HisRocker

A:Adding 2nd SATA Drive -- Can't Enable in BIOS?

Under Integrated Peripherals in the BIOS are the SATA ports greyed out even if there is a device plugged into one of them? I wish your manual would show illustrations of the BIOS pages but they don't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-2nd-sata-drive-cant-enable-in-bios.147039/
Relevancy 51.6%

Music visualizer for media players

Any one have any preferences or suggestions for a good one of these. I have had a look at WhiteCap but wondered what else there was out there that was as good or maybe even better?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-visualizer-for-media-players.146080/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a budget of 500-550. The purpose for this computer is for music production. Ill be using cu base 5, ill be using vsti such as east west, toon track superior drummer,trillian etc. (To give you guys more of a visual) Ill be running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Tomorrow ill look around for parts, prices, I just realize am better off of building my own unit.

As far as the mobo goes. I would like to get .....
500 gig hard drive
Graphics card. (I won't be doing any gaming, cheap one will be neat)
Motherboard (i need fire wire on it)
RAM (4-gigs) ddr2
Case (i need a case with good air flow)

Any suggestions , references....

A:Building Music Production Computer

Rock4MUSIC said:

I have a budget of 500-550. The purpose for this computer is for music production. Ill be using cu base 5, ill be using vsti such as east west, toon track superior drummer,trillian etc. (To give you guys more of a visual) Ill be running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Tomorrow ill look around for parts, prices, I just realize am better off of building my own unit.

As far as the mobo goes. I would like to get .....
500 gig hard drive
Graphics card. (I won't be doing any gaming, cheap one will be neat)
Motherboard (i need fire wire on it)
RAM (4-gigs) ddr2
Case (i need a case with good air flow)

Any suggestions , references....Click to expand...

I'm thinking that without gaming ambitions, the new Intel core i3 CPUs might meet your needs with their integrated graphics. These give pretty decent scores in
the Windows Experience Index, something like 4.9 for Areo, and 5.3 for business and gaming graphics. To the best of my knowledge, the matching H55/ H57 Intel chipset motherboards provide Fire Wire input.

You should first subscribe to Newegg's Email list, so you can grab your parts as they become available on sale.

Here is Intel's list of socket LGA1156 CPUs available at Newegg; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=2010340343 50001157 1051749233&name=LGA 1156

And the matching integrated graphics H55/ H57 boards in the Gigabyte brand; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...01314 1070549182 107173338&name=Intel H55/H57 Be sure to pick one with 4 memory sockets. (4 out or 5 do). I have this one; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128421

Please pay no attention to the bad reviews for this product, they were all written by imbeciles claiming, "high technical ability". I don't know squat about computers, and I had one of these systems up and running perfectly, with Windows 7 installed, in about 3 hours.

In fact, I'm hoping Newegg will offer "don't know squat" as a technical ability claim option. That way, I'll be able to check, "don't know squat", and report, "it works perfectly for me, 5 stars"!

Here is a test report done on a few of these boards at Techspot; http://www.techspot.com/review/259-intel-h55-motherboard-shootout/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-music-production-computer.145280/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a new-to-me desktop dell pentium windows xp pro SP dvd player tsst corp cdrwdvd ts-h no player music Dvd sound movie a cd, a with sound with has b also has samsung cd-rom sc- c software avast free malwarebytes spybot s d scan only spywareblaster currently off spywareguard currently off zonealarm free firewall hi techspot i am trying to solve another problem over Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie at bleeping computer having to do with streaming video on this computer i read about you--you were highly recommended for someone with a driver-related problem which this may be in trying to figure out my streaming video problem i tried out the cd player and the dvd player today for the first time the cd player works fine except sound is weak even at Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie top settings dvd player has pretty much the same sound as the cd player with a cd in it that is weakish sound When I put in a movie there is beautiful video but zero sound I tried a few different movies to make sure of the problerm other info default media player is wmp a former user seems to have used powerdvd i can play a movie using either wmp or powerdvd Neither have any sound i am happy to add new drivers etc but will need help Not sure if related to streaming video problem shuts down browsers explorer and firefox for you-tube and hulu as soon as video loads some short commercials ok video and sound appreciate ideas thanks wannabegeek nbsp

A:Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie

Sounds like you are missing some sound codecs, at the very least. Luckily Techspot can provide them for you...
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/615-klite-mega-codec-pack.html

Hope this solves your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-player-has-sound-with-a-music-cd-no-sound-with-a-movie.144849/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey everyone Im at a loss here and I am about to throw my PC off my balcony I have an asus P N -E SLI motherboard and I was upgrading my Nvidia issues after adding Vcore new hardware GT To an ATI HD I also installed a Corsair H liquid cooling system for My E Core Duo processor Needless to say everything was working before the hardware upgrade After installing the video card and H My Vcore issues after adding new hardware system posts and gives me a hardware monitor abnormal error message When i enter my Bios I was getting Vcore issues after adding new hardware errors with my voltage my V was showing and my Vcore was to high and was at I installed a new power supply watt modular zalman PSU to replace my watt corsair to see if that would fix my problem Now my V is fine but I am still getting for my Vcore settings My processor has NOT been overclocked everything is stock settings in the bios and my CPU will just over heat itself even sitting in the bios I replaced the liquid cooler back to my stock heatsink and installed my old video card I am still getting the same vcore rating I have reseated the processor reset my cmos and even updated my bios This is really driving me crazy I have a feeling my processor or my motherboard or both have become defective during this hardware upgrade and I have no idea why that could have happened With the liquid cooling my CPU was staying cool but the Vcore was just way too high and was really screwing with the system Would not load windows wouldn t even let me reinstall windows bit Any suggestions would be great but it looks like IM going to need to pick up a new board new processor and new memory for an i setup I planned on getting those parts anyways just it wont be for a month or two and would like to have my PC working until then I forgot to include that I have even tried manually setting the Vcore to and it will still post and show that its Please HELP nbsp

A:Vcore issues after adding new hardware

hi,
you check with SpeedFan and send the temperature.
ATI HD5850 is better, you resetting the graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vcore-issues-after-adding-new-hardware.143740/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi guys,

noob here hope someone can help me..

i physically took out my hard drive from my desktop computer and connected it to a HDD dock to transfer data to my laptop.

when i put the hard drive back inside my desktop computer, C:\ and D:\ appears as a folder instead and cannot open when i double click. i have to right click and click open for it to work.

so i did a format on D:\ because there's no data in it originally and now it's back to the original D:\ hard disk icon and works fine when i double click it. but i have alot of valuable info in C:\ that's too large to transfer anywhere else to format.

does anyone know a way to restore the C:\ icon back to the original hard drive icon and double click works without wiping out the data?

A:Local disk drive C:\ appearing as a folder!

read this post there may

read this post there may be some similar problems / fixes for you.....don't forget to use the Micro soft USB disconnect tool before unplugging any devices
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic60377.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-disk-drive-c-appearing-as-a-folder.143381/
Relevancy 21.07%

hey,

yesterday I tryed to open a folder on my external hdd I received the error message that the folder couldn't be accessed becouse it was corrupted.
I am arfraid this might have have happend when I unplugged my hdd without using save remove, but I'm not sure this is what caused it.

Does anyone know howe i might recover the files in the folder. because it was al large (about 300 GB) and important folder.
I use windows XP, and it is a NTFS drive.

thanks

A:Corrupted folder on external hdd

Try running CHKDISK (check disk) on the external drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-folder-on-external-hdd.143674/
Relevancy 27.95%

i wanna add more ram to one of the computers in my house.. currently it has http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227246&cm_re=ocz3g13332gk-_-20-227-246-_-Product

the above ram has 9-9-9-26 timing with 1.7voltage

im looking to add http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227479

this ram has same frequency but it says the timing is 9-9-9-20 and the voltage is 1.65v

is the 1.7 voltage value right? i feel that they have possibly made a mistake on newegg. also how would the timing difference affect performance.

A:Adding more Ram

the info on newegg is right. i think it would be ok to get the ram you linked and use 9-9-9-26 timing with 1.7voltage with all ram in the BIOS setting but please let someone else comment on this first before you buy the ram. i haven't tired this before

or are you just going to use the new ram only. in that case everything will be fine. just when you install the new ram make sure to reset the bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-more-ram.142904/
Relevancy 20.64%

Every time I turn the computer on, I can see the shared folders that are my two other computers. The problem is, when I close the lid of the laptop and reopen it, I can no longer see the shared folders. Even if I hit refresh multiple times, the folders don't appear until I restart. It is really annoying and frustrating. Please help!!

A:Windows 7 - folder sharing problem

After Standby or Hibernation, you've lost the connection(s) to the other shares

If you have two systems with one share each, then use the command prompt or RUN to access:\\system#1\sharename#1
\\system#2|sharename#2​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-folder-sharing-problem.142557/
Relevancy 52.46%

My favorite music player is "Winamp Media Player"

1. Flash Music Player
2. sidebar music players
3. RealPlayer 10

What is your favorite music player?

A:Favorite music player?

i just use itunes, since most of the time I only want to have the music playing the bacground, i don't really care for the download options that it gives or the visualizer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/favorite-music-player.141715/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a strange experience with sounds lately I have no come background games of music sound How some different? idea why this happening or what is causing it but here it is How come some background music of games sound different? One day I was doing some light gaming on both my tower and laptop since both my computers meets the minimum requirements and while playing this game I heard some unusual sounds on both How come some background music of games sound different? my laptop and tower my laptop while playing the background music of the game seemed to be missing a couple or not few sound types in the game On my tower it sounded like it had an extra beat as if I could here that extra sound s with the background music playing I can t explain real good but to simplify this my laptop seemed to be lacking of some melody beats while my tower has it all and slightly deeper bass I turned my laptop speakers high yet no extra melody beat appeared I How come some background music of games sound different? did the same with the tower sounded the same as before but just louder I am sure I installed this game on both my computer successfully with no errors I reinstalled it again and same problem occurred I don t understand is the speakers more sensitive on the tower and giving it more variety of sounds or is the laptop speakers not so sensitive in outputting more variety of sounds Or both are wrong and it is just the matter of XP and VISTA or is it the software or drivers installed for the sounds Is something wrong with the speakers Do I need buy better ones Ones that s suppose to act normal nbsp

A:How come some background music of games sound different?

try updating your sound drivers first, then you might want to look into past problems others might have had with this games sound. Since this happened to both your computers at the same time it sounds like the problem is the game.

A simple test to see if your speakers are broke is just...play music on them. Does it sound fine? yes? then it's not your speakers

unfortunatly without knowing what game it is that you are talking about I can't really look into any problems others have had with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-come-some-background-music-of-games-sound-different.140704/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,
I have recently moved into an apartment which has broadband pre installed. Basically what i want to do is use my router so that i will have wifi throughout the house. I am wondering how i should configure my router.

The plug in the wall is an rj45 so i have an rj11 cable running from that to the dsl input of the router. My laptop sees the router fine but it wont connect to the net. I believe it is a configuration issue with the router (which is an netopia 3347wg).

I am lost tbh, and its quite hard to explain in a post. I can try and explain further if ye dont get me .

regards,
Dan.

A:Adding a router behind a switch

Hi
on the assumption that the socket in the wall is fed from a communal router, then to
go wireless you need a wireless access point, this is like a standard hub but has wireless capability.

have a look in your router config page and see if there is anything about "wireless bridging" if there is then this will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-router-behind-a-switch.137950/
Relevancy 10.75%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/
Relevancy 20.64%

Im having some problems sharing certain files to the network here on our office. The thing is when i try to share a folder it cant be spotted or viewed by anyone. I guess i dont share the folder properly. Its not only rightclicking on the folder and ticking in the share folder bars i presume? What else needs to be done?

A:Problems setting up folder on shared network

There's several variables the can come into play but let's just start here
1) Make sure all the computers are in the same workgroup
2) Make sure all the computers can "see" each other in "Windows Networking" (i.e. they are all "visible")

See this post
> Do step 1 to confirm each computer's workgroup
> Then jump to Testing Network Visibility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-setting-up-folder-on-shared-network.137302/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a customers computer I am about to do a reformat on. Naturally I need to back up mainly their pictures, but preferrably the entire 'my documents' folder. What I am running into is an error box saying 'cannot copy'. I am thinking there is some sort of protection on the drive, but am unaware of how to find this out. Any suggestions?

A:Unable to copy folder from hard drive

Which version of Windows are you running? And what exactly is the error message.

It might just be a matter of access permissions. Are you logged on to an account with Admin rights?

You can try
1) Taking ownership of accounts/modifying permissions (see here)
2) Or just boot into Knoppix (an alternate operating system) and then copy the files See How to recover your folders/files when Windows won?t boot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-copy-folder-from-hard-drive.137060/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am running XP/Win7 on my AMD 64 Athlon 3400+ powered Pavillion. I have an integrated Realtek AC'97 audio card and lately I've noticed that all music playback is choppy - whether it's iTunes, Windows Media Player, or Youtube. I've tried different speakers, headphones, etc., but reagrdless of the hardware I use, I still get the same problem. It sounds as if the music is being paused and then played very quickly throughout the song. I don't really notice it in Windows sound effects, but that may be because they are short in length. I notice this happening on both XP and Windows 7 and don't know why.

Please help!!!

A:Music Playback is Choppy

Try updating your audio and chipset driver. There could also be a program running in the background taking up to much memory or CPU cycles. If you listen to music alot you should get a dedicated sound card. You can get a really good Audigy on Ebay for under $15. Onboard audio is notoriously troublesome. Too many other things in the system can interfere with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-playback-is-choppy.132766/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello to all I built a computer specifically to operate my modest home studio years ago It smoked at that time with Win K Gig music build computer Multi-channel of RAM and LVD SCSI RPM drives It cost a bundle to build and has lasted me until the lightning hit it a few weeks ago Also blasted was my Echo Layla audio interface and my Cubase USB dongle Data was fortunately backed up I wish to build a new box from the ground up The insurance company paid me for the fried machine I wish to spend this money building another box that will last Multi-channel music computer build me for a long while as well Throughput is key of course as is graphics speed bit architecture and boatloads of RAM I have a NewEgg order all set to place Here tis -- ww eddiecurrents com ComputerBuild order jpg -- the system would not let me post a link I am ready to press the quot place order quot button I THINK I can do away with LVD SCSI as I believe that SATA II drives even RPM ones will do what I need I very seldom exceed - tracks at a time and if I have the math right SATA II should do but I am having troubles locating data on actual throughput I administer a huge database among many other things The data is pounded daily by hundreds of live connections as well as over the internet I am very familiar with throughput but find that it s not much of a consideration for MOST people gamers power Multi-channel music computer build users graphics and video designers I really want to spend the money ONE time here and am sure there are some great ideas out there on how I can improve or even cut corners Cubase comes with both the and bit versions Soundforge and Acid also should run fine on bit Vista Windows Ultimate when available Gotcha s like sound interface software though can be a headache What other systems are out there I will never buy quot off the rack quot so who s built a mohuncher of a music editing system I was just told I don t need an I and who needs or Gigs of RAM Me that s who I have used RAM disks for years and send all my temp files and editing files to it I d like to set up two RAM disks each large enough to contain the contents of a standard DVD Gigs With Gigs total this is no problem Thanks for your input in advance I ve got a few days left before I will blow this money and any help is VERY much appreciated LoMan eddiecurrents com nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-channel-music-computer-build.135474/
Relevancy 10.75%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery-solved.134378/
Relevancy 27.95%

After reading "Vista-Painfully-Slow-to-Boot-after-Adding-RAM" thread, I still can't find a reason why my pc boots up very slowly after adding 2x1GB ddr2 ram.

I have a MSI P6N SLI MS-7350 mobo with 2x1GB ddr2 800MHz PC6400 RAM (XMS6405v5.1 5-5-5-12 Corsair)
I thought I had bought the exact same ram as in my pc, but now I see that it is not the same.
The ram I bought is the following: Corsair 2x1GB ddr2 800MHz PC6400 4-4-4-12 2.10V ver6.3

I've tried unplugging the videocard and networkcard, boot pc, shutdown after 1 minute, instal video- and networkcard and boot pc. But no difference...

I haven't tried uninstalling the device drivers. I'm not sure how to do this. (if it is necessary)

The new ram cards are plugged in the orange slots and the old in the green slots of my mobo.

A:Adding new RAM

Your system will run at the speed of the slowest memory...
But a common cause of serious slow-downs is a failing hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-new-ram.133037/
Relevancy 27.52%

Right now I have 3 gigs of pc-2 6400
I have an extra stick of pc-2 5300 1gig laying around and could throw it into my last slot. That would put me at 4 gigs but I'm wondering if the 5300 would tend to stall performace rather than the benefit i'd see from the extra 1 gig. I have windows xp pro also i've heard the 32-bit version will only see and read 3 gigs, 3.5 gigs, and 4 gigs... which number is actually true?

A:Adding old RAM.. beneficial or not

If you have a 32 Bit OS the extra Gig of RAM won't even show up, let alone make a difference

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-old-ram-beneficial-or-not.132430/
Relevancy 10.75%

I want to put this up just encase anyone had the same problem I did and if I remember correctly there were a few people that posted the same problem on other forums The problem When I ran anything very graphically intensive like crysis furmark or when I ran a game without vsync on my PC would crash and I would just see lines on the screen or just see blackness 4850 Crashing problem solved I even got a replacement for my card and they said it was faulty and sent me a new one but it still happened just less often Solution In your bios set the pcie frequency to not auto How came to this conclusion I had just helped my friend build a PC for the first time and he had done a lot of research and as we were overclocking his CPU he mentioned that he heard you should set the pcie frequency on your motherboard to not auto or it will overclock itself during intense graphics After I had a few more crashes I remembered him mentioning this 4850 Crashing problem solved so I tried it and no more crashing not even in furmark So thanks to him I don t have to worry about crysis cashing anymore and I can finally overclock nbsp

A:4850 Crashing problem solved

Hey thanks for posting this!
I have the same videocard 4850 and it gave the same problems and i didn't know why.
Thanks for posting this (I thought i was the only one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4850-crashing-problem-solved.131682/