Windows Support Forum

Burned data DVDs... corrupt?

Q: Burned data DVDs... corrupt?

Last year after one of my external hard drives failed I spent a good week backing up everything on my two computers to DVD files ranging from Word Documents to video files I tested each one after it was finished and they all worked fine Recently I ve needed some of those backed corrupt? Burned DVDs... data up files and videos so I ve put the DVDs in my computer and tried to drag files off However Windows often interrupts me and says that the file is Burned data DVDs... corrupt? corrupt or it won t copy or quot cyclic redundancy check quot When I try to drag it to my new external hard drive it tells me that quot COM surrogate stopped working quot I ve tried at least different DVDs on a number of computers including a mac and nothing helps I ve tried DVDs that I burned a few years back and they too have issues now It s the same problem on both computers They will play open files straight from the DVD without problems but it s the dragging off they don t like Computer Desktop Cicero years old Windows XP Burner player Burned data DVDs... corrupt? is a bit on the fritz in that sometimes it won t physically open Computer Laptop Toshiba years old Vista I used both computers for burning with different software The DVDs themselves almost entirely Memorex DVD-R Any advice on how to fix this would be super appreciated or even an explanation that way I can know what to do in the future Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Burned data DVDs... corrupt?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Burned data DVDs... corrupt?

What happens if you simply copy and paste them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burned-data-dvds-corrupt.816157/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have set up a video and a dvd recorder to transfer videos to dvd they copy fine and can play them back in any dvd play or xp machine but when i put the burned dvd in my vista laptop it just recognises it as a blank dvd even though its not , can anyone help with ideas , cheers

A:Burned DVDs

Hi telscosasie,
Welcome to the forum.
Go to device manager & check the drivers, make sure they are up to date.
You might also like to try & re-boot:-

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Please let us know how this goes.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288328-burned-dvds.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I DVDs Skip Burned have recently bought a new dvd burner and am having couple of problems with it st The first DVD I burned played fine but now the second DVD skips in the later parts of the movie Both of the movies were in avi format and Nero Vision Express Burned DVDs Skip software provided with the burner Burned DVDs Skip automatically converted them to DVD format to be burned I left the computer idle so extra resources won t occupied and the process would go smoothly However when I tried to play the movie it started skipping near the last quarter I thought it might be the dvd player since it was running for a while about two hours before I popped in the burned DVD so I let it cool down but that did not affect the outcome as it kept skipping at almost the same points There were no scratches on the DVD so that could not be the problem The one thing that might have caused it to skip is that I edited out the credits and the beginning producer and distributor logos to fit it into the dvd It was about megs less than the normal dvd size with a track included at the beginning as background music for the Title Menu nd I cannot seem to burn a data DVD using Nero I was trying to burn a huge collection of music and other data documents short clips diffferent kinds of files I tried it three times The first time I tried burning everything and it failed at around Burn Process Completed The second time I excluded some files I thought may cause the error but it failed again at around Then the last time I tried burning only the mp s as an mp disc but it failed again The type of disc I used for all three processes was a DVD R DVD plus R which is writeable only once and cannot be written to again And I got the same error each of the three times I tried Error reading data AM Text File DVDPlusRW cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes AM TRANSFER - File Reader cpp Line Error reading data Any help or useful references would be highly appreciated I am completely new to dvd burning I have had problems before burning CD-R RWs but that was only a couple of times about a year ago This is a different drive and a different burner nbsp

A:Burned DVDs Skip

for the first one, what kind of file / movie is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burned-dvds-skip.361440/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, My os is wxp sp3 and I am using infrarecorder to burn dvds from videos I downloaded using youtube downloader, but when I burn them to cd they will play on my computer but not on another dvd player like my norcent. Can anyone Help?

A:Burned DVDs won't play

Try burning the DVD's in an .iso format. You have probably selected the wrong format in InfraRecorder . Go over the options carefully. I burn all my DVD's in the .iso format. They play fine on all my DVD players and my computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-wont-play.165413/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey good people I will so appreciate any help with my problem s The problem No Burned on DVDs Sound is basic regarding what s NOT happening NO AUDIO AT ALL ON BURNED DVDS WHEN PLAYED THROUGH MY ACER LAPTOP -ALL PLAYERS BACKGROUND I ve been burning dvds for quite awhile with the same computer my HP desktop and then play them using my laptop and an HMDI cable No Sound on Burned DVDs connected to my television There has never been any issue that I No Sound on Burned DVDs haven t been able to solve But recently the files I burn to DVD have no sound when I play them in my laptop I have checked the audio cable connection and that s not it The DVD works perfectly fine on my desktop -sound and all I do not use my DVD player to play burned DVDs because they either do not work or work well for most of the movie then become pixelated and freeze etc BUT to try and eliminate possibilities I have been testing them on my DVD player recently and the DVDs quot work quot in the manner just described -sound and all I have tried slowing down burn speed to slowest rate I have used various burning programs including Nero Burning ROM SoThinkMedia DVD Maker ConvertXtoDVD most commonly and has always worked best and some others Nothing is currently working I have not nor has anyone else changed any of the audio settings on my laptop at least I don t think so Thank you all in advance for your thoughtful help Looking forward to a solution Another issue My Windows Media Player on my laptop will not play the burned DVDs at all -goes into a silly loop thing right from the beginning Does play video in other players I use including Showtime VLC and about others nbsp

A:No Sound on Burned DVDs

I've seen a lot of views but no help. Here's to hoping...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-on-burned-dvds.951980/
Relevancy 65.79%

For the last few days every time I try to burn a dvd the writing software is going through the entire burn process and telling me it has succeeded and yet at the end the disk is still completely blank. It does not matter what I am burning or what i am burning it with I always get the same result. Nero, Windows Vista itself and Convert X To dvd are all doing it. I seem to be able to burn cds still, but dvd burning has stopped. The drive will still read disks that i burned previously. I did hear that other programs can interfere with these things but no information on which ones.

Relevancy 65.79%

I don t know if this is the right forum or not but here goes I m on Need DVDs burned advice having trouble with my wedding DVDs The guy who filmed my wedding and reception did all of the editing on his Mac computer Then he burned one DVD for the wedding and another for the reception both on his mac and sent them to me The first time he mailed the DVDs to me they were on the DVD-R discs They wouldn t work on my -year-old Philips DVD player and they wouldn t work on my parents brand new Pioneer DVD player that they got for Christmas They d start to play fine then they d start pixellating and finally they d freeze So the guy burned the DVDs again this time using DVD R discs because the box that my parents player came in said that it could read DVD R We thought that might have been the problem However we tried the new DVD R discs over the weekend on both DVD players and again they don t work Same exact problem as before -- at first they work fine then they start pixellating and finally they freeze up entirely The guy says that he doesn t know what s causing the problem because the DVDs work fine on his DVD player He also tried it on a couple of other players and the DVDs were fine there too He doesn t know what else to do at this point and he s suggested that we purchase different DVD players He sent me a list of players that are Need advice on burned DVDs supposedly compatible with DVD-R discs However I really don t want to buy new players when I and my parents both have DVD players that play all other DVDs with no problems Anyone have any idea what s Need advice on burned DVDs going on I m open to any ideas At this point he s offering VHS tapes but I really want DVDs because the quality is better and they last longer Any advice is much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Need advice on burned DVDs

bump! Please help if you can. I'm not technologically-savvy, so I have no idea how to fix this DVD problem.

Thanks!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-advice-on-burned-dvds.198181/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all Ok I m trying to burn video files that I captured with my tv tuner to a dvd movie but can t get it to work I m getting my signal over the air antenna and it s in atsc format digital broadcast My problem is that my dvds never have sound once burned I ve tried it on two different computers as well The video files I m burning are captured in mpg format and playback fine in windows media player but play without audio in nero showtime I ve tried burning with nero burning rom in win xp came with dvd burner my preferred program and also with Audio. Have No Burned DVDs windows vista s quot dvd maker quot program in windows vista Both produce discs with no audio If I quot explore quot the disc in my computer it has only VIDEO Burned DVDs Have No Audio. TS files and no AUDIO TS Is there any other program I can Burned DVDs Have No Audio. try free to do what I want If not any good program that will work I ve looked at nero cyberlink and roxio as possible paid solutions but I d prefer not to have another nero product Obviously I d prefer to not have to buy a program but if I have to I will Any help would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Burned DVDs Have No Audio.

Does anyone have any input? I really want to be able to burn the files to dvd...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-have-no-audio.61827/
Relevancy 65.79%

I downloaded &burned 2 movies on my PC.
They are: Things To Come from http://www.archive.org/details/movies it is MPEG2
and The Giant Gila Monster from http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/index.html it is .avi
The dvds play fine on my PC but I'd like to be able to play them on any dvd player is this possible?

Relevancy 65.79%

Please help! I am trying to rip some burned dvds onto my computer (a MAC) to put on my Ipod...I have been using handbrake to rip ordinary dvds, but when I try to rip ones that I have burned it says that there is not a valid source. Any ideas?

A:Ripping Burned DVDs

You could give WinX Free DVD Ripper a try.It supports all types of DVDs ........ rip all types of DVDs into AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, MPEG1/2, MP4, etc. video formats.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267780/ripping-burned-dvds/
Relevancy 64.93%

DVDs I burned on my old computer played fine but now when I try to play them on a computer I got in 2011 there is picture but no sound. They work OK with picture and sound in my DVD player attached to my TV.

I have Windows 7. Is there some codec or filter I need to install?

I'm not very technically savvy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-on-dvds-i-burned-in-2007.1154825/
Relevancy 64.93%

I regularly record TV programmes and then save them on to blank disks via my DVD recorder, to play on my PC. Recently when I have tried to play them back, they are not recognized and so will not play. To my knowledge I have not made any relevant alterations to my system, so am at a loss as to why I cannot play them. I always make sure they are finalized, so ithat is not the problem. I have also tried to play DVDs that I have owned for some time which up to now have always played perfectly on my PC but now do not. Has anyone any thoughts as to how I can deal with this, please?

A:Solved: Burned DVDs do not play on PV

Re my earlier post, I should add that bought pre-recorded DVDs (movies, etc) play perfectly via my PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burned-dvds-do-not-play-on-pv.1153157/
Relevancy 64.93%

Gwarsh Hope this isn't too long to be boring Yes what a has burned won't DVDs drive DVD it read NEW weird problem it is the dvd drive reads all the previous DVDs it has burned but not the new ones I tested the new DVDs on my other laptop eMachines Windows Pro which reads them perfectly The problematic DVD DVD drive won't read NEW DVDs it has burned drive also reads the new and old discs burned by that other laptop I use Windows s own burner app I've tested also CDburnerXP which gave the same results This could be a problem caused by burning data from an external drive I do this sometimes usually by accident And this is because Windows always copies the external data to a temporary burn folder on C-drive and I tend to take time designing the temporary to-be-burned data with the wizard making new folders deleting files inserting new files quot resinserting quot deleted files completely deleting files and yet starting over with same files I've checked and the temporary burn folders are empty I have three drives C D and E Is it weird that I have three temporary burn folders when there's only drive E that uses the burner There's one folder with today's date and the other are - years older Should I delete the older ones I remember I've had this problem once before a year or two back I think but I remember even then the thing got fixed accidentally meaning something that didn't make sense to me at the time

A:DVD drive won't read NEW DVDs it has burned

Hi there

DVD's should be FINALIZED before they will read in different DVD drives / standard DVD players etc. You might still have a session open on Multi-session.

Check also HOW you are burning DVD's - there's quite a few different things -- for example data (as a DVD-ROM), as an .ISO as a VIDEO DVD as a DVD rip etc etc. DVD authoring also requires a different setup such as "cloning" or copying DVD's. Also are the DVD's Double layer or what. All sorts of possible things here.

Subject is a bit too complex without more info.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359166-dvd-drive-wont-read-new-dvds-has-burned.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Used Nero and new DVD-RW drive to burn lots of data to DVD-RW discs as data discs. New DVDs will read perfectly in other PC. My PC will not recognise / read them. Explorer simply sees no files.
I'm using Windows XP on PC, and all my updates are installed, so far as I can tell. Other DVDs will read perfectly in this drive.

Any ideas? It's really irritating to know that the data is on there but not be able to access it!

Thanks for any ideas!

Relevancy 64.93%

I have been copying my home-burned DVDs as a test of their readability and I have discovered that factory DVDs are read at four- to ten times the speed of home-burned.

Example: I did a direct diskcopy of the Sony software DVD that came with my burner. I then copied that disk to my hard disk to test its readability and it took easily over 30 minutes.

I then copied the original factory DVD (containing exact duplicate data) and the same process took about 8 minutes.

This copy process varies from disk to disk; but, the time comparisons are always exceedingly in favor of the factory DVD by a factor of four or more.

Is this normal?

Where can I find more data on this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/readability-of-home-burned-dvds.207618/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have recorded tv shows using media center and a usb tv tuner from Pinnacle. I use DVD maker to burn it on a DVD to watch on my DVD player attached to my TV. Only the first 20 minutes of the recording on the DVD has any sound! This has been true for several different shows. The sound is ok when I play the recorded show on my computor using Media Center.

I am using a Lenovo T61 laptop, Vista Home Premium with SP1 installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-missing-on-burned-dvds-277302.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I just got a new Gateway laptop. I have DVDshrink & CopyDVD. Anytime I insert a pre-record DVD it plays just fine. Anytime I insert a DVD I burned on the laptop it constantly restarts until I take out the disc. The discs I burn play in my home DVD player with no problem. What might be the issue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-restart-my-stystem.58338/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I have been trying to solve this problem over a month. I've been copying over 5 years without problem but now I am having this problem, that dvds are showing pixels on my standalone dvd player. To make sure that the standalone works fine, I tried copies with another computer and they play fine on it.

I always used Maxell media without problem. Now I tried Verbatim and TDK media to make sure if the media is not the problem and they showed pixels as well.

After deleting unwanted and old software from the computer I scanned computer for viruses, I replaced the dvd burner with a new one, I replaced the memory with a new one of 1gB, I replaced the SATA cable and the cable that is connected with the burner and the mother board as well. But I still have the problem!

Any help or idea what can be the problem?

Here is my system information:

A:Burned DVDs Show Pixels

Pixellation usually occurs when the quality setting is too low in your dvd creation software.
Choosing a lower quality increases the amount of compression and this in turn means more detail and sharpness is lost. The resulting video can then appear pixellated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burned-dvds-show-pixels-599059.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have made about 5 DVDs (all of them NTSC format) and they all seem to freeze, usually about 5 minutes in, when I try to watch them.

I burned the NTSC .iso files using a PAL DVD-RW Drive. Could that be the problem?

Relevancy 64.93%

I have been having trouble burning DVDs that will play on a regular DVD player. They play perfectly for about 15 minutes then start skipping and freezing and finally stop completely. These same DVDs will play perfectly the whole way through on a computer or XBox 360. I have used numerous software programs and 2 different DVD burners because I thought something was wrong with my hardware. Now I don't think the problem ever was the hardware because I replaced my drive with a Sony Optiarc and then bought another Sony Optiarc just in case I had a bad one. I am out of ideas so any help would be appreciated.

A:trouble with burned DVDs on dvd players

Try burning at a slower rate,,,,,,,what burning software do you use....I use Convert X 3 and have no problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-burned-dvds-on-dvd-players.1017989/
Relevancy 64.93%

I use Acronis True Image 11 for backing up, all from the bootable CD, I don't have Acronis installed. After creating an image I verify it with Acronis. I also like to burn the image to DVDs and verify them on DVD also. When I burn them to DVDs with Vista, Acronis wont recognize them to verify or restore. If I burn them with Nero Acronis will verify them and can restore them.

Any images burned to DVDs would already have been verified while on the HD before burning to DVDs.

Any body know what the difference is between burning them with Nero verses Vista in relation to Acronis not recognizing the images burned to DVDs by Vista?

A:Acronis backups burned to DVDs

Originally Posted by glatzfront

I use Acronis True Image 11 for backing up, all from the bootable CD, I don't have Acronis installed. After creating an image I verify it with Acronis. I also like to burn the image to DVDs and verify them on DVD also. When I burn them to DVDs with Vista, Acronis wont recognize them to verify or restore. If I burn them with Nero Acronis will verify them and can restore them.

Any images burned to DVDs would already have been verified while on the HD before burning to DVDs.

Any body know what the difference is between burning them with Nero verses Vista in relation to Acronis not recognizing the images burned to DVDs by Vista?

Since I've never used the built-in disk burning capabilities of either XP or Vista, I cannot be sure, but it would seem though that the disk being burned with Vista is not following standard protocols, which is why Acronis is having a hard time reading those disks.

If you really must use Vista to burn the disks, then do slowly, and mark the options to ensure compatibility across a wide range of platforms. Or, just continue using Nero to burm the CDs.

One question though - When creating backups, doesn't Acronis have an option to burn directly to DVD?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/188225-acronis-backups-burned-dvds.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello, My os is wxp sp3 and I am using infrarecorder to burn dvds from videos I downloaded using youtube downloader, but when I burn them to cd they will play on my computer but not on another dvd player like my norcent. Can anyone Help?

A:burned dvds wont play

Are you converting them to DVD video format (MPEG2) or just burning them as data in their native format (WMV, AVI, etc)?

Does your DVD player support formats other than MPEG2?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burned-dvds-wont-play-575484.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am looking through old CD's/DVD's to see what is on them and when I pop them in all I see is this: DESKTOP.INI

but as you can see here there is files on the disc:

When I pop the CD's into my laptop they show up. What is going on here? It is doing it on certain DVD's so far it seems to be doing it on Memorex DVD+R discs.

I am just guessing because it was only 3-5 discs that have done this so far. Is there a setting or something I am missing?

I just put a CD-R in and it also refuses to show the files. My friend told me it's because my Drive is -R and the disc is +R. However the CD-R not showing up kind of shoots that theory.

A:Files on burned CD/DVDs not showing

Did you finalise the DVDs when you burned them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/307537-files-burned-cd-dvds-not-showing.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hi i am having a problem with the dvds that i burned they all have delayed audio is it software broblem or is my pc infected again please help this is my latest hjt log and i use nero to burn the dvds Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe D Program with 7 nero audio burned delayed dvds on Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe D PROGRA Grisoft delayed audio on dvds burned with nero 7 AVG avgamsvr exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe D WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exe D WINDOWS system cisvc exe D Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe D Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS system VTTimer exe D WINDOWS system VTtrayp exe D Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe D WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE D Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe D Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe D PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe D Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe D Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe D Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe D Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe D Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe D WINDOWS system cidaemon exe D Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www torrentz com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - D PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - D Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - D Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - d program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run VTTrayp VTtrayp exe O - HKLM Run RaidTool D Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE D Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run RegistryMechanic D Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe S O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot D Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delayed-audio-on-dvds-burned-with-nero-7.645212/
Relevancy 64.5%

my cd drive is a cd dvd drive and it will not read burned cds whenever i put any burned cd in there whether it has music or just data on it it doesn t autorun so i go to my can't dvds, cds or burned cds... or Cd Drive read older computer and try to open it there but it tells me to Cd Drive can't read burned cds or dvds, or older cds... quot please insert a disk into the drive quot so it doesn t see it at all i can t open them through other programs like windows media either The drive also won t read commercial cds that are older than XP games like Deus Ex can t install because of one error or another but games that came out after XP work fine I ve posted this question on other forums and been told to maybe update my drivers but that doesn t work because i have the latest drivers Also someone said that they accidentally deleted a file once when they had this problem and they got that file again and it worked fine i just don t get this though it used to work fine before we had to reformat now it just doesn t So does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is and how i can fix it thanks nbsp

A:Cd Drive can't read burned cds or dvds, or older cds...

Maybe this will be of some help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q321641

Of course you've checked and re-seated all cables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drive-cant-read-burned-cds-or-dvds-or-older-cds.125627/
Relevancy 64.5%

Have attempted several times to burn cd or dvd on HP ENVY laptop to find the tv dvr says it is unreadable or unplayable.  Have tried several brand dvds.  He HP laptop reads the burned disc.  Why can it not be played or is unreadable by other player? I also tried to burn music and it too would not play on other device. Thanks for any help.

A:cds or dvds burned on HP Laptop in Windows 10 are not readab...

Hi I believe it would be a format / codec issue. You would need to read the types of disc the TVR can play and then create a disk to match.  This may involve downloading additional software etc. So if you could give some more details then perhaps someone here could offer more help.

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/cds-or-dvds-burned-on-HP-Laptop-in-Windows-10-are-not/td-p/5595573
Relevancy 63.64%

Any way to fix the coding on it or something? When i want to burn a dvd it brings me to use the nero vision 4 program, it works on certain dvd players but not all, is there any way of fixing this?

A:Burned dvds using nero wont work on certain dvd players

Make sure you are not creating a multi-session disk and ensure that you finalize the disc. Also dvd players have an easier time reading DVD+R than DVD-R.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-using-nero-wont-work-on-certain-dvd-players.93194/
Relevancy 63.64%

Minor issue here. I have a lite on dvd recorder that came with a nero 6. Recently I upgraded to nero 7 ultra and now I notice that when I playback a burned dvd in my dvd player that it cannot fast forward over 2x the speed. It simply freezes up then return to the original menu. Before I could fast forward a scene up to 8x the speed(the maximum of my dvd player).
I tried changing the settings just before I burn my dvd. First making sure that it was a the maximum setting. Then i tried to change the write speed setting to 8x. No change. Like I said this is minor but I was wondering if this is a glitch with nero 7 ultra or did upgrading somehow change a setting or what? Thnks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-fast-forwarding-burned-nero-7-dvds.620121/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a video clip that I burned on my laptop and which I wanted to watch on my home DVD player that's hooked to my TV. But the player says it can't be played or something. Do I need to make sure it's in a specific format to be played in my DVD player? It's currently a .WMV file. My DVD player isn't all that new - perhaps four years old.

A:Computer-burned DVDs won't play on home DVD player

DVD Players require a DVD format.
Try using DVD Flick.

http://www.dvdflick.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-burned-dvds-wont-play-on-home-dvd-player.1017882/
Relevancy 63.64%

hey this is a realy weird problum the dvds i burn on my comp worked just fine and i stored them the way i stored all my cds back in the day b burned dvds burnside to burnside so they dont scratch so their not damaged dont in burned dvds vista back up load now they dont load anymore they just show how burned dvds in vista dont load back up much space is used and no files or title on disk I used some new format that is on vista it said it allowed me to add files to the disk anytime and delet them latter too even on plan dvd -R media and they did just that but now all but one of the disks dont load and i cant figure out why outher then this new format having some kind of issue to it I cant even find were it gave me the option on the first disk i encerted to pick the format and i would like to change the format to the older one burn only format and to recover the data from the disks i have that still have data on them but i cant accses please help me figure this out i have found lots of people online having this same problum and no fix yet much aprication for your help and effort

A:burned dvds in vista dont load back up

Hi and welcome to TSF try cleaning the discs,the laser,try another drive, have a look here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...rn-a-CD-or-DVD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burned-dvds-in-vista-dont-load-back-up-426935.html
Relevancy 63.21%

This is a minor issue but I have a external lite on that came with a nero 6. Recently I upgraded to nero 7 ultra. Now when I playback my burned dvd to my dvd player I notice that when I fast forward at anything more 2x the speed the dvd freezes then returns to the original menu. I never had this issue when I used my nero 6. I use to be able to fast forwarda burned dvd at 8x the speed, the maximum of my dvd player.
Except for this everything else seems to work fine. I tried changing the speed in the nero vision 4 just before burning. First I made sure that the write settings were on max. When that didn't work I tried setting the write speed to 8x. Still no change. Is this some glitch with nero 7 ultra or has my setting been some how changed when I upgraded?

A:Problems fast forwarding burned nero 7 ulta dvds

Are you still using the same media? Try changing to a different make of blank media and don't always assume that setting the write speed to max is a good idea!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-fast-forwarding-burned-nero-7-ulta-dvds.86215/
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay I just purchased a Pioneer DVR- D burner for my computer I m trying to reauthor a DVD that has a series of videos on it not commerical home movies I m using Nero and DVDShrink to author The DVD s burn fine Solved: Problem burned player playing DVDs standalone on but will not play in my standalone player CyberHome DVD- The reason I got that player is that it is cheap and Solved: Problem playing burned DVDs on standalone player I ve read that it will play most types of burned media However when I go to play it the files are backwards The first thing that plays is the last section that I want on there it doesn t play in Solved: Problem playing burned DVDs on standalone player reverse it just plays the last few minutes and then jumps farther back and plays forward again Any idea of what s causing this The original burned DVD plays fine in my player Is it Solved: Problem playing burned DVDs on standalone player possibly the media I m using Memorex x DVD-R Additionally I burned it at x so I doubt that I m burning it too fast Any ideas Also forgot to mention that my PS won t read it either nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Mashita 842s DVD-RAM superdrive in my Toshiba M400 notebook. I am running XP w/SP3. I don't recall whether or not in the past I've tried to play movie dvds on it using such as WinDVD and Windows Media Player 11. However, recently I've had the need to do so. Unfortunately, although data DVDs (both those I've burned myself and software discs) and audio cds can be read without a problem, movie dvds are not recognized as even being in the drive. The lack of recognition includes Windows Explorer, WinDVD and Windows Media Player. Because the other type of discs work fine, I'm assuming this a software or configuration problem. I've used both Windows and a third party utility and both say the driver(s) are the most recent. I would appreciate any and all assistance in diagnosing and correcting this problem. Thanks.

Relevancy 58.48%

I got my burner about months ago and it has burned audio cds perfectly But now I am trying to burn data cds and it won t work I select quot DATA CD quot from the wizard and I drag the files I choose quot Close CD quot and then record It all goes smoothly and it ejecs being burned after not run data will cds the cd But when i go to quot My Computer quot to run it it simply says quot cd quot for the cd s data cds will not run after being burned name When i explore its contents there are no data cds will not run after being burned files whatsoever However it shows that MB is taken up on the cd which is how much i intented to burn Also i can see that the cd has been burned by looking at it I have a Sony CD-RW X- X- X and B s Recorder Gold I have also tried burning at different speeds Can anyone please help me Am i burning at the wrong speed or something Thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Let's say I have a partially filled burned CD already and I want to add more data to it, what should I have done before I burned the CD that would enable me to burn more to it? I am using Nero Express 5.5 updated to 5.9... As always, TIA

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all I m quite new to cd-burning Here is my problem I can t read or copy data Can't data burned read cds my from my own recorded Can't read my burned data cds data-cds photos videos exe etc but have no problem at all playing my recorded music cds Recording specs - OS Win Pro and Win SE I tested both - CD-RW Matshita CW- - CD-ROM Samsung SC- C - Tried many brands of CD-R disks Kodak Sony Verbatim etc - Tried many burning software cdr-win ezcd creator nero - Updated to the last firmware driver for my burner - Tried Microsoft and Adaptec ASPI - Speed x and x - Tested all Can't read my burned data cds possible recording parameters track-at-once disc-at-once ISO and Joliet file systems etc The end result is always Can't read my burned data cds the same the disc is fully recorded but when I try to read or copy data files from the new cd it does not work I get quot redundancy check error quot message when reading from the CD-RW or quot wrong diskette quot message from the CD-ROM I must say that there is indeed one of the recording software ezcd creator that signals an error at the end of recording telling quot compared data does not match quot It seems like this is a file system error but I ve tried both Joliet and ISO to no avail And remember that my recorded music cds are playing fine I am really going nuts I can t imagine something I did not try And I don t tell you the number of recordable cds I wasted Any help would be welcome Thanks in advance Xargos nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Data? Retrieving Burned Another question for you wisses I do mean that as a compliment I m having trobles trying to figue out how to retrieve burned data from Nero s I know it can be done very simply with Nero s version I used thier demo version for the trial period But the trial period is over and I m back on the version where it extreemly evasive as to whether or not it even has retrieving as Retrieving Burned Data? a part of it s programing So my question comes from finding the quot Move To quot in Windows opening programs tools right click the program in question in this case the programs on the CD DVD being shown as to what s on the CD DVD One of the options from right clicking the program in question is to move it to - and then it lists so many options My question is this Is ther a way to add options to this quot Move To quot option on the right Retrieving Burned Data? click options Like when you high light quot Move To quot is ther a way to add quot Programs quot to the option list of quot Move To quot or any other place that you d like to add to quot Move To quot Does anyone know if this can be done and how would you This concern still has to do with my post about reinstalling my OS I ve made back ups of data files but I m not finding any easy way to retrieve them for after the reinsallation I have Windows XP Pro with SP on it Thank you Sincerely John PS Again please excuss any spelling errors one of the reasons I m eager to reinstall is to get back using all links on open pages I Retrieving Burned Data? can t use SpelCheck till I do this PPS Heck if you know how to find the retrieving programing on Neros you may as well just tell me how that s done no

A:Retrieving Burned Data?

First, make a shortcut to the folder.
Select this shortcut and cut it (Ctrl+C).

In XP and 2000:
Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\Your_username\SendTo" and paste it (Ctrl+V).

The "SendTo" folder is hidden, so you may need to unhide the files

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/12929/retrieving-burned-data/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok, I have had this Philips CDRW for a couple years now and it's worked great. Recently we had some work done on our system and had to disable the regualar CD drive (the standard one) as it died. This made teh CDRW the master (?). I'm not sure if this is what caused the problem, but recently everytime I try to burn a CD there is not sound on the CD. In my stereo and on the computer, the # of songs come up and with their individual times, and the songs will even "play" but there is no sound at all. I've tried the Roxio Easy CD creator and also I tried another burning program, still no luck. Different CDs were used too.
Any advice would be awesome!!! Thanks so much!
-James

Relevancy 57.19%

the last two cdr's that I burned with nero would only open the first time as data, after that the burned cdr's show up as audio cdr's in my computer and will not open. There is no audio on these cdr's only data..I have had nero for a couple of years and this has never happened to me before. How can I get my data..Iso buster won't even work. Thanks

A:burned cdr's change from data to audio?

i dont think u can retrieve data from the cd. it seems the table of contents on the cd is damaged, maybe due to scratches or dye deterioration. thats why explorer is seeing it as audio tracks and not solid data. ur only hope is Isobuster, but even in that, u cant retrieve the whole data if the cd sectors r damaged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burned-cdrs-change-from-data-to-audio.305029/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone,
I have a problem.
2 years ago, I burned 2 CD's.
Today I put them in my laptops' DVD drive.
When I opend the disks, an empty window opened, showing no data whatsoever.
I know the CD's are still good, and I know my DVD drive is good.
Any idea on what is happening?
The CD's were burned on a MAC. I have opened these CD's on other Wintel machines before.
I am currently using an inspiron 9100 laptiom, with a DVD+ drive.
Thanks for all your help,
Prana

A:Burned CD's not showing data in DVD drive

If your other computer is not a Mac you m ay not be able to view them. Still- did you format them before you burnt them? If you dont format them they wont work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burned-cds-not-showing-data-in-dvd-drive.393695/
Relevancy 56.76%

I get the following message just as it's almost finished copying to my computer:

Cannot copy [filename here]: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Now, I really hope I can somehow get this resolved, because the file is only 700MB of 4.7GB on 8 discs, and I really don't want to have to re-download the program...

A:Error when copying from burned data disc

Yikes ... try cleaning the disk :-X This problem is usually caused by a scratched or damaged disk. Use a little bit of water and hand soap ... believe it or not, the safest thing for a CD. Better than that, if you have some lens tissue or the cloth you use for cleaning glasses, try that out.

Worst case scenario, you can buy a "Disk Doctor" if that doesn't work and the CD is really important to you.

Have you tried this CD on another drive? Sometimes that can magically do it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-when-copying-from-burned-data-disc-144554.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i have an emachines with double layer burning 8.5 gb max capacity dvd+/-rw that all of a sudden will not read burned data/music/blank cds. I can play original program, game, music, dvd's but can no longer read or burn data music help please :wave:

A:emachines dvd+/-rw will not read burned data/music cds

I found one possibly related thread: Can't read or write DVD-r, dvd+rw's and cdr's work!

Maybe you need to reinstall mainboard drivers, like the last poster there did?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-dvd-rw-will-not-read-burned-data-music-cds.31318/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am trying to format a CD-R disc (erase all data on this disc) but when it starts the system comes back with disc is "write protected"? Help.

A:Unable to erase all data on burned CD-R disc

Yes, you are correct. If the data is sensitive then snap the disk into small pieces or score the 'label' side to make it unreadable.CD-R (& CD+R) disks are designed to be written to once and, as such, are a good way of keeping a (relatively) permanent copy of data but they are no good for use as a 'use many times' medium, for that you need the ones with 'rw' at the end (for 're-writable'). The same goes for DVD and Bluray disks."I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us..." Pink Floyd

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/unable-to-erase-all-data-on-burned-cdr-disc/13789.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have Windows and Real Player v I used to have a lot of media files on my harddrive so to save space I burned them all to a data disk This is about a year or more ago I ve since watched them from the disk on from rm data disc play Problem Solved: burned and ram Real Player Then I upgraded to RealPlayer and wishing for SO many reason now that I hadn t They now no longer play I double click Real Player starts and then it completely freezes Completely I have to ctrl alt del to stop Real Player before I can even use the rest of the computer I ve tried to play RM and RAM files from my hard drive and those work I thought maybe if I could get them off of the CD I could play them but it won t let me copy them to my hard disk What the heck can I do to play these files I mean there s a lot of them and I d love to be able to watch them And if nothing can someone tell me how to get them off my CD and back onto the hard drive nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

When playing commercial DVDs in Windows Media Player there is no sound except what sounds like a muted machine gun. The video itself is fine, but the sound totally corrupted. However, the DVDs will play perfectly with VLS media player or Easy DVD Player.

I am using Windows 7, fully updated.

I have checked WMP settings and they appear correct, and have also run the Windows trouble shooter with no success.

I am working Windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Sound corrupt playing DVDs in WMP

Try start-control panel-sounds right click the entry "speakers" and select "set as default". i found on mine that if it was set to "digital" which it was be default, that the dvd audio wouldn't play in wmp11

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-corrupt-playing-dvds-in-wmp.1105923/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I bought months ago a hard drive Seagate Barracuda Gbytes which yesterday got damaged I m now looking for a way to get some important files from the hard drive that had nt been backuped The drive itself should be intact it was the chipset outside of the drive that suddenly started to smoke and sparkle This happened while I was switching the drive with another drive that I wanted to boot from I now wonder if it is possible to order from some where burned 320Gbytes Seagate chipset Barracuda data 7200.10 - recovery? only the chipset and then replace it myself Can it be another chipset from another Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320Gbytes chipset burned - data recovery? Barracuda series or does it have to be exactly from the same model Or are there any alternative ways to get the lost data ca pictures The com pany I bought the drive from says that Seagate does not sell the chipsets separately so is can I for instance by a new drive same model and then replace Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320Gbytes chipset burned - data recovery? the burned chipset with the new one Please some one who has suggestions let me know how to get the pictures I m getting scared that I have lost the pictures forever any links or ideas are grateful I attach a photo from the burned chip nbsp

A:Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320Gbytes chipset burned - data recovery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-barracuda-7200-10-320gbytes-chipset-burned-data-recovery.590911/
Relevancy 53.32%

I m using Nero to burn data dvds and so far none of them have been successful The burn completes and Nero tells me it was sucessful but when I attempt to read one of the burned DVDs windows tells me to insert Data help please burning - DVDs a disk into the drive Attempting to explore open one of burning Data DVDs - please help the burned DVDs also apparently managed to crash Explorer I ve created a successful data DVD on this machine before so I know the burner is capable of doing it One time I chose to finalize the DVD and another time I chose not to That change didn t affect the final dvd at all and so far none of them have worked I m using Sony DVD R disks and I also tried my burned dvds in my other disk drive both are DVD readers and one is the writer Please help me figure out what to do should I try another software I know what I m doing or at least I thought I did It s always worked in the past edits notes do I need to format the blank dvd before I try to burn to it I m not chosing to make a bootable disk either so I can t understand why windows or my dvd-rom drives can t read the files on it Trying to burn a Nero Image Rom was downright unsuccessful I tweaked settings and also reverted to defaults for each individual burn attempt I also tried using my copy of Nero Express I even re-installed my copy of Nero Premium to see if it would work Now I m using Nero instead of but I still have my old copy of it st attempt was gigs of audio files nd attempt was gigs of video files rd attempt was gigs of both th attempt was gigs of disk images legal backups thank you very much th latest attempt which failed outright was a Nero Burn Rom Now the process fails outright every time with the error Could not complete end of Disk-at-Once please advise nbsp

A:burning Data DVDs - please help

Make sure that in the drop down box for recorders your DVD Burner is showing and not "image recorder."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-data-dvds-please-help.37117/
Relevancy 53.32%

I m using Nero to burn data dvds and so far none of them have been successful The burn completes and Nero tells me it was sucessful but when I attempt to read one of the burned please =] - data dvds help burning DVDs windows tells me to insert a disk into the drive Attempting to explore open one of the burned DVDs also apparently managed to crash Explorer I ve created a successful data DVD on this machine before so I know the burner is capable of doing it One time I chose to finalize the DVD and another time I chose not to That change didn t affect the final dvd at all and so far none of them have worked I m using Sony DVD R disks and I also tried my burned dvds in my other disk drive both are burning data dvds - please help =] DVD readers and one is the writer Please help me figure out what to do should I try another software I know what I burning data dvds - please help =] m doing or at least I thought I did It s always worked in the past edits notes do I need to format the blank dvd before I try to burn to it I m not chosing to make a bootable disk either so I can t burning data dvds - please help =] understand why windows or my dvd-rom drives can t read the files on it Trying to burn a Nero Image Rom was downright unsuccessful nero admitted it was I tweaked settings and also reverted to defaults for each individual burn attempt I also tried using my copy of Nero Express I even re-installed my copy of Nero Premium to see if it would work Now I m using Nero instead of but I still have my old copy of it st attempt was gigs of audio files nd attempt was gigs of video files rd attempt was gigs of both th attempt was gigs of disk images legal backups thank you very much th latest attempt which failed outright was a Nero Burn Rom Now the process fails outright every time with the error Could not complete end of Disk-at-Once please advise nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Here s the scenario I have two DVDs here which someone wrote or thought he did with quot Verify Written Data quot turned off Well when I got there I recognized the DVDs data for Anyone & used DVDs? ever CDs software recovery as being the same brand I had the same problem with several months back The program would chug along as Anyone ever used data recovery software for CDs & DVDs? though it were writing data to the disk but when it went verify it would fail It turned out the disk was actually blank Looking at the bottom side of the disk one could see that it looked like it had Anyone ever used data recovery software for CDs & DVDs? data on it but opening it in Windows Explorer showed a drive letter and an empty window I would like to hear some suggestions I would especially like to hear from anyone who has used any of those data recovery programs I have heard and read about for CDs and DVDs By the way I ve tried the DVDs in two other readers with the same result And his writer does write readable disks on brands other than Verbatim nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-ever-used-data-recovery-software-for-cds-dvds.482426/
Relevancy 52.89%

Can anyone please name any software other than Nero, with which I can burn Data into a DVD. Would be very helpful. Thanx.

A:Solved: Burning Data DVDs

CDBurnerXP and InfraRecorder are two good freeware burning programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-data-dvds.844733/
Relevancy 52.89%

I created a data DVD using a DVD-rw on my dell inspiron 6000 laptop using Sonic software. I copied a ton of digital pics onto the DVD for backup. Now I can't read the DVD. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a XP compaq desktop with a dvd burner in it.

CDs and movie DVDs can be played, but not data DVDs that I created on another computer using Nero (this data disk plays on another computer) - I used Explore to view what is on the data disk and it is empty (apparently)

It is a HP Writer DVD 300n

Thanks

A:Solved: Plays CDs but not data DVDs

After I reinstalled XP Pro a few years ago, on our older desktop, I had trouble too.. I found the following free program works for us on that computer. http://majorgeeks.com/VLC_media_player_d4674.html
Good luck
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plays-cds-but-not-data-dvds.963899/
Relevancy 52.03%

im backing up my dvds with nero 6.0 and i noticed u can fit like 3 movies on one dvd-r if u burn em as data files,i did it and it plays fine on my pc,will the disc work in a standalone dvd player?i dont have 1 now,but im getting one soon so i want 2 make sure im not wasting my disks,thanks in advance.

A:nero and burning my dvds as data disc

Hi. I'm interested in doing the same thing. Did it work correctly??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-and-burning-my-dvds-as-data-disc.439825/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am having a real problem with accessing data on anything other than the c: drive.
The system registers that a usb key or cd\dvd has been inserted and even displays information on the drive.
Problem is that when you try to open either with the autoplay - open to view files or the drive icon in my computer the message comes up

Location is not accessible. Access denied.

I have tried various keys and disks and all act the same

A:unable to access data on usb keys or cds\dvds

Quote: Originally Posted by itad

I am having a real problem with accessing data on anything other than the c: drive.
The system registers that a usb key or cd\dvd has been inserted and even displays information on the drive.
Problem is that when you try to open either with the autoplay - open to view files or the drive icon in my computer the message comes up

Location is not accessible. Access denied.

I have tried various keys and disks and all act the same

right click the drive and get props. see who owner is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30960-unable-access-data-usb-keys-cds-dvds.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My HP Notebook will not show or recognize data nor music cd's. I have unistalled, reinstalled the cdrom drivers, flashed the bios, reset the bios, updated drivers, etc. etc.

I have spoke with HP (under warranty) completed all of their t-shooting. No Help!

I do not think this is hardware??? Because the dvd plays, and XP notices when you load a cd, but won't explore it. I have reset the options for which programs open the loaded cd???

If someone could PLEEEEZ lead me to a potential answer, I can not reformat from cd (no data read) so my only option seems to be to send my notebook to HP for service.........I do not want to do this.

Please let me know any thoughts or t-shooting advice. I have uninstalled the roxio software also, read that it was not that hot!!

HELP PLEASE, and thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

I have this DVD drive that reads video DVDs and pretty much any other application of DVDs but it can't read data DVDs or install software from them.

A:DVD drive doesn't read data DVDs

How old is the DVD drive.
The most common failure item in a computer built in the past 10 years is the optical drive. The laser burns out, or the laser gets out of alignment, or the belt slips, or the drive wheel slips.
They generally last about a year, but if you use them a lot, they will fail after six months.
Luckily, they are very inexpensive nowadays. You can replace one from Wal-Mart, or Best Buy, or Target, or Circuit City, or the remaining CompUSA for about $$24 to $29 to $34 to $39. Four screws, and some cable exchanges, and you are done... if you can figger out how to get into the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-doesnt-read-data-dvds.97338/
Relevancy 51.6%

The Acer recovery manager will only let me make a recovery DVD drive and I want it on DVDs.
The selection to burn to DVDs is greyed out.
Is there a way to burn the data from the DVD drive to multiple DVDs.

A:Possibility of burning recovery data on DVD drive to DVDs

Quote: Originally Posted by philetus

The Acer recovery manager will only let me make a recovery DVD drive and I want it on DVDs.
The selection to burn to DVDs is greyed out.
Is there a way to burn the data from the DVD drive to multiple DVDs.

Confusion.

What exactly is a "recovery DVD drive"?

I know what DVDs are. I know what DVD drives are.

You say "burn the data from the DVD drive". More confusion. A DVD drive doesn't hold data. DVDs do.

What do you think you want to do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/352920-possibility-burning-recovery-data-dvd-drive-dvds.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Computer Specs: AMD 2000+ 1.6Ghz, 512 MB Ram, 2 hard drives, one CD-RW drive and one DVD-Rom drive (Atapi 12x, set to Region 1)
Software used to play DVDs: Intervideo's WinDVD 2000

I haven't used my DVD-rom drive since November. I put a DVD in my DVD-Rom drive to watch it and nothing happened. I've viewed the DVD on my computer before. Through My Computer, I double-clicked on the DVD-Rom drive and got a message saying "Please insert a disc in drive E:" with only an option to cancel. This happened with four other DVDs as well. The DVDs I've tried to play have already been tested on other DVD standalone players and other DVD-Roms with no problems. Audio and Data CDs work fine on this particular drive. Device manager reports no errors.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 51.17%

I recently replaced the hard drive in my year dvd cd plays drive but dvds read or not combo cds will data audio old HP notebook The original HD was an IBM Travelstar gig and the new HD is an IBM Travelstar gig I am not sure if this is related to my cd dvd combo drive plays dvds but will not read audio or data cds problem but note it here just in case After reloading my OS with factory provided restore discs as well as downloading other freeware such as hijack this and ad-aware se my Sony CD-RW DVD combo drive will not read data or audio cds It reads them as being blank cds and after the auto-run starts the box asking me what I would like to do with the inserted blank cd pops up DVDs however play perfectly in the system Obviously the drive was working when I reloaded my OS with the factory restore discs I ran hijack this once after installing to establish an ignore list of installations on the restore that are not a regular part of my Windows XP Home but I have not deleted anything I have upgraded the driver un-installed and re-installed the drive downloaded Windows updates SP- and and other patches amongst other suggested solutions and have restored the computer back to when I first re-installed the OS all to no avail The only thing I have not done is a complete reload of the OS I have seen some solutions that speak about BIOS updates and configurations and HD partitions but they are in response to problems similar to mine but not exactly the same thing I am reluctant to try those without more info I am at this point thoroughly exasperated I want to reload some picture and audio files as well as reload Office XP on my machine but can t Please help Any suggestions nbsp

A:cd dvd combo drive plays dvds but will not read audio or data cds

Well, here's what you can do to narrow it down to a software issue. You said the drive obviously was working when you reloaded your OS from the factory restore disks, which I have no dispute on. So how about rebooting with one of those disks in there again (the first one thats bootable), if it boots off of that again great, but be sure to cancel everything so it doesn't wipe your existing system.

Provided it boots from that your drive is still good, and it is something in Windows, something I can't think of right now though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-combo-drive-plays-dvds-but-will-not-read-audio-or-data-cds.28466/
Relevancy 51.17%

Dear fellow techies From the last few days I am facing a major problem while burning my data DVDs Everytime the burn process fails in the beginning around I use Nero basically but have tried CDBurnerXp and default windows burning options I have also tried different optical medias but the problem persists I have wasted a lots of DVDs now to this problem I am sharing the error report of the recent failed process when I was trying to burn certain AVI files on the DVD I also faced problems when I tried burning my digicam pics and videos Please help me -- Rahul email protected Nero Error Log Rahul C - - E -MAAX- - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Nero Express Recorder lt MAT A DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt MAT A DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map CdRomPeripheral IV B BFP D B a iocayu Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral XV O BRE N DVDs burning pics/videos/movies etc. Problem .. with data Please help ay a sez Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map XV O BRE N F CdRom MAT A DVD-RAM UJ- S G CdRom IV B BFP D H CdRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled UDF compilation Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL STORAGE MCN CONTROL Text File Isodoc cpp Line UDF document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession TRUE Multisession type Start multisession Burning mode DAO Mode UDF Mode pure UDF Options automatic UDF Revision UDF Partition Type physical Text File Problem burning data DVDs with pics/videos/movies etc. .. Please help Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder MAT A DVD-RAM UJ- S Media type DVD R Disc Manufacturer ID MBIPG Media Type ID R Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks G MAT A DVD-RAM UJ- S -------------------------------------------------------------- Problem burning data DVDs with pics/videos/movies etc. .. Please help Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare G MAT A DVD-RAM UJ- S for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc not fixated Tracks to Idx Idx Next Trk TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr Size NWA RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FSCTL LOCK VOLUME Text File Burncd Problem burning data DVDs with pics/videos/movies etc. .. Please help cpp Line Caching options cache CDRom or Network-Yes small files-Yes lt KB Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- Disc Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Media Type Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD R Part Version x Disc Size mm Maximum Rate lt not specified gt F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path P... Read more

A:Problem burning data DVDs with pics/videos/movies etc. .. Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-burning-data-dvds-with-pics-videos-movies-etc-please-help.895790/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I recieved my Corrupt data.cab new PC today Something obviously went wrong when I was installing drivers and necessary software It was either during ZoneAlarm or ATI s display drivers from the CD until I could download the latest off the site After that things have been a bit unstable I managed to uninstall ZoneAlarm I turned off auto-rebooting and tried launching GAIM as Corrupt data.cab it was affected by the mess gaim dll wouldn t launch and I got the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL blue screen I scanned with NOD and I didn t find any viruses but everything inside driver cab is well see for yourself It goes on and on I did some research and found that error can be caused by overheating This is not the case It s a brand new PC and I have more than adequate cooling although a program called Hmonitor reports my motherboard at c It s a false reading and something must be wrong with the sensors First of all the setting doesn t change Second I opened the case and it s not very hot in there Excuse the quality Any solutions other than a format and reinstall of my windows parition would be very much appreciated Edit I tried installing NET off of my XP CD to download the new ATI drivers and I got a blue screen with a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error Edit Another error PFN LIST CORRUPT This happened while I was organizing my desktop Basically just moving icons around nbsp

A:Corrupt data.cab

I suggest doing a windows repair if you have winxp cd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupt-data-cab.453131/
Relevancy 49.02%

Recently since a year ago I've been receiving strange symptoms of a disease I can't diagnose Anyway it goes like this - I install a game say Mass Effect and it works fine Just fine no errors at all I play it finish it and stop playing it That happened a year ago - Now say months ago I want to play it again I Data on Why? corrupt becoming HDD. go through the game just fine and then I get to a point some spot in some mission where my game CTDs From my experience I know what to do I extract all the files related to that particular mission into my Mass Effect game folder it's somewhat easy to determine which files belong to each mission level over those with the same name and overwrite them The problem becomes fixed and I keep playing the game That happens - times in that playthrough and I Data becoming corrupt on HDD. Why? am able to fix it in the way given above - I few days ago I felt nostalgic again and start my trusty Mass Effect Note that I didn't uninstall it or tweak with it from Data becoming corrupt on HDD. Why? the first time I installed it I again get the same CTDs and fix them in the same way I did before Curiously these bugs happen on different spots in the game which makes me think these files are corrupted randomly over time Now is it possible that data on the HDD can be randomly corrupted over time and why And also per my previous thread in which I couldn't find the sollution for that problem Win RAR volume corruption is it possible that the same over time corruptions can happen on RAR archives thus unabling me to use them I generally take good care of my computer so I don't think this is due to viruses or lack of disk cleanup defragmentation or lack of drivers and updates Also while doing a chkdisk thing during WinXP boot I get messages that some sector is corrupt Can I find out which data is on that sector and can I block it from being used without disk formatting Thanks a bunch

A:Data becoming corrupt on HDD. Why?

Hi it appears you have a bad sector on your disc please try running chksdsk /r as shown here in the second method https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5097

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-becoming-corrupt-on-hdd-why-781985.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all This morning I thought I'd try the 'hibernate' mode in Windows so I placed my system into hibernation before I Corrupt Data Drive left for Data Drive Corrupt work Tonight when I started it back up the drive was continuously doing its thing a lot Data Drive Corrupt longer than normal by that I mean spinning up and searching etc or whatever it IS that HDD's do when powered on I tried saving some files to my data drive D and I got an error message stating that the drive could not be written to I restarted my system and Data Drive Corrupt as it was booting text popped up stating that found errors on my disk I am running a mirrored array on my D for redundancy I also backup weekly so I tried running that tonight as well While the backup 'completed' it skipped a number of folders due to them being on a quot corrupted quot drive my D Could the disk corruption have been caused by using hibernate I understand that faulty shutdown's can cause corruptions The disk s in question here are only about months old Is there a way to repair my disk using CHKDSK If so how do I do it I just need a bit of direction as I've never used it before Thanks

A:Data Drive Corrupt

Hi,

A chkdsk /f will fix some errors if possible. You will need to run it from a elevated command prompt.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/140437-data-drive-corrupt.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

My Inspiron 5150( Windows XP) laptop Hard drive stop functioning and what I would like to do is transfer the data to my HP desktop(Windows 7). I read somewhere that if I buy an 2.5" USB Hard Drive Enclosure and a software to get the data back, that would do the trick. Please advice me as to the best way to go about this. I am not an expert on computers but can follow instructions.

Thank You

A:Corrupt HD need to save data

an 2.5" USB Hard Drive Enclosure and a software to get the data back, Click to expand...

you dont need software - should just be able to attach the Now USB drive to a PC and access like an external drive - you may have some access denied issues

BUT

you could try
UBUNTU
It may be possible to boot from another Operating System
This will at least test the Hardware and also see if you can see the Harddrive and possibly get data off.

If you have another PC with a cdwriter and spare CD
goto http://www.ubuntu.com/ and download the ISO http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

YOu can also run from a USB device now - if the Machine supports booting off a USB Stick
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

full details are here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

click on the image "download ubuntu"
Select a location
then begin download
Save the file onto your PC – remember where you saved it – so you can find it again to create the image bootable CD.

You do NOT copy the ISO file onto a CD - you have to use the ISO to create a bootable CD
The CD creator software you have on the PC may have an option to create an image from an ISO
If not - use this free program http://www.imgburn.com/

When the UBUNTU CD boots - you will see the following options
1) Try ubunto without any change to your computer
2) Install ubuntu
3) Check CD for defects
4) Test memory
5) Boot from first hard disk.

Use OPTION 1 "Try ubunto without any change to your computer" ONLY this option this will run from the CD and not install onto your harddrive - be careful, if you do install onto the PC - you will wipe the data and software OFF your hard drive.., so repeat only use option 1

Now you should see a UBUNTU desktop
This at least proves the main parts of the PC are working

You may see your Harddrive on the desktop - if not have in look in the places on the tool bar at the top of the screen.

If you can see your harddrive – see if you can find the your datafiles –
XP look in “documents and settings” under the user name you had on the PC
Vista/Windows 7 look in “user” under the user name you had on the PC

Now if you have a USB flash drive or external harddrive – you should be able to copy your data from the harddrive onto the USB device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupt-hd-need-to-save-data.958475/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have kapersky 2010 and windows vista and my data base says that the black list is corrupted and to update. When I update it will only do it for 3 seconds then stop and will still say it is corrupted. I also tried to rollback the data base with the same problem.
I did a rollback with windows when it has issues restarting but there was no update from Kapersky in between the last time I had it on and the windows rollback.
So I am unable to update and was thinking that I may need to reinstall but it could still be upto date it is just the windows rollback messed with it and it may right itself with the next Kapersky update.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Corrupt data bases

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: http://www.carrona.org/freeav.html
- uninstall the Kaspersky from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Kaspersky using this free tool: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/corrupt-data-bases-513097.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I recently got a new cable broadband connection and have data downloaded is All corrupt - causes? possible noticed that all downloaded data seems to be corrupted I d appreciate if anyone could help me diagnose the cause If I check the md sum of anything I download it doesn t match and no binary files can be installed Similarly web browsers will sometimes say that a site is using an unknown compression algorithm but will work when I refresh which sounds like the data is corrupted I m All downloaded data is corrupt - possible causes? using a Dell Inspiron laptop connected wirelessly to a Netgear WGR v router which in turn is connected to a cable modem This is happening in both linux and windows the laptop is partitioned with any network application Firefox IE wget etc I d like to work out if it s the laptop router modem or the source of the data i e the cable company that is causing this The fact that it is happening across browsers and OSes makes me think the computer isn t the issue but this may be All downloaded data is corrupt - possible causes? wrong If anyone has any suggestions I d greatly appreciate it Thanks Grendl nbsp

A:All downloaded data is corrupt - possible causes?

The easy way to isolate this would be to try a different computer on the broadband account. Have you tried a wired connection to the router to see if that solves it? How about connecting with a wired connection directly to the modem and eliminate the router and wireless communications from the possibilities.

Divide and conquer here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-downloaded-data-is-corrupt-possible-causes.777696/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I had a bad HDD failure which corrupted part of my WinXP OS with the result that I am unable to boot into Windows I have reloaded Windows on another HDD and I will be able to recover most data corrupt HDD from Recover of my data from backups Recover data from corrupt HDD However there is still some recent data on the bad disk which I am frantic to recover I am able to find the quot Documents and Settings quot folder where I believe the quot Outlook Express quot data is Recover data from corrupt HDD held but unfortunately I am unable to get into the folder as my username on the computer was passworded the password is known Neither am I allowed to copy the folder to my new drive I cannot access the folder from my new OS even when I password myself with the same username password I have attempted to repair the bad drive s copy of Windows but that wasn t successful I don t want to replace the bad copy with a fresh as this would reformat the drive taking with it the folder I want and can t copy Any work on the folder would need to be on the bad drive it seems I have run out of ideas Can someone help me access the folder please Many thanks Pluto nbsp

A:Recover data from corrupt HDD

Yup. THIS free program should work just fine. Install it to the NEW drive, and run it, then select the old drive, and on the left, pull out the files you want....should be able to get all that you need.

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-data-from-corrupt-hdd.531061/
Relevancy 48.59%

Im trying to get all/some of the files from a corrupt IMG file that was created by the "crappy" Microsoft File Transfer Wizard.
Now ive found an app called FastConv.exe but unfortunately it does not work with 64-bit of XP.
This there another program that does the same job but can run on 64-bit XP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/getting-corrupt-data-from-img0001-dat-220833.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all I made the mistake of saving important photos to a cd and didn t do a verify to make sure it was all good before I deleted them from the hd I defragged etc and so undelete is unable to bring them back from a CD possible? recovery data corrupt Is from the HD So I have a cd that the drive tries repeatedly to read for probably minutes It doesn t show up on the drive list as being recognized Now I have subsequently used DVD Data Rescue by Naltech and it has managed to find a bunch of photos but I get file size errors when I try to preview them So the way this is a question appropriate to the forum is a do you have advice on how I can get these damn photos back b can you explain how the files can be found and show the appropriate information in the recovery software and still be too corrupt to show me the photo I really don t need any coasters I d prefer the photos Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Is data recovery from a corrupt CD possible?

Is the disc scratched or otherwise physically damaged? Have you tried reading it in a different drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-data-recovery-from-a-corrupt-cd-possible.76571/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi People

Whilst my USB stick was processing data, I accidentally removed it thus causing my USB stick to corrupt. I have some vital data on the stick that i need to recover and I have tried programs such as OnTrack Easy Recovery, HexEditors etc. and still no luck - they just tell me that the file structure is corrupt. Any Ideas on how to resolve this.

Many Thanks

JayJay1306

A:Solved: Corrupt USB Data

isobuster
http://www.filehippo.com/download_isobuster/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-corrupt-usb-data.670618/
Relevancy 48.59%

After loosing access to my data partition due to a major screw-up by Partition Magic I started looking EasyRecovery Corrupt and Pro Data for ways to recover my data The partition was still there however it just wasn t recognized by Windows Just to EasyRecovery Pro and Corrupt Data give a little background this is a GB NTFS partition on a Western Digital GB drive I am running Windows SP So after trying many different programs I was finally able to recover the ENTIRE partition with EasyRecovery Pro v However my glee was short lived once I realized that over of my data is now corrupt I have found that I can use EasyRecovery to fix the corruption affecting my Office documents and my Outlook pst files however I have GB of images and GB of MP s that I would rather not lose and which I cannot open The files are the exact same size as they were before the corruption occured but they simply won t open properly My jpeg s for example will open but there is no image It just displays the little jpeg icon and that is it Other images will display either the top half or the bottom half but will not display in its entirety Does anyone have any idea of how I can correct this corruption Since I can fix the corruption that occured to my Office and Outlook files I assume these other files must be fixable as well and I am simply lacking the correct program Any ideas that anyone has would be great Thanks Ancalagon nbsp

A:EasyRecovery Pro and Corrupt Data

lot depends on exactly how Partition Magic screwed up. If your files are defintely corrupt, then it may not be possible to fix them, as I don't know of any tools that can do this.

I lost a partition several times before, using partition magic, and I never had any success with EasyRecovery. I more recently lost a partition, not due to partition magic this time, and successfully rescued all my data using GetDataBack for NTFS. Its the only software that has ever worked for me, but as I only used it once, I cannot say whether you would also find success using it.

I managed to rescue every single file without error using that software, but it isn't cheap. By the sounds of your issue, your data would appear to be damaged, though the cause may be more down to those files being fragmented when your partition went missing. If that is the case then GetDataBack can recover fragmented files in most cases.

EasyRecovery is not so good at recovering fragmented files, so that may be the cause of your problem. I'm only guessing though.

Also, while you appear to have managed to fix any corruption of your office files, you may actually have some corrupt data in those files. EasyRecovery has simply fixed any critical issue and allowed you access to those files. They will not be identical to their state before corruption occured.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/easyrecovery-pro-and-corrupt-data.7573/
Relevancy 48.59%

After reformatting my Vista x64 laptop I booted up to get this astonishingly difficult error:

"Windows failed to load because the NLS data is missing or corrupt"

I searched my problem on Google and the results found were difficult. I've made multiple attempts at the instructions I've found, and no progress.

HELP!!

A:NLS Data is Missing or Corrupt

Go to Start type in CMD in the search bar. Open CMD as "Adminstrator"

In the command Prompt type in

Code:
SFC /SCANNOW
Wait for the scan to complete then reboot.

Do the same thing as above except type in these commands.

Code:
CHKDSK /f /r
Then type "Y" reboot.

This scan will take awhile depending how many files are on your HDD.
Sit back drink some coffee or have a beer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nls-data-is-missing-or-corrupt-601074.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I think I may have made a big mistake, I inadvertently manually deleted ACDSee Pro2 and now I keep getting a Windows Installer dialog box that reads: “The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel” I believe I may have deleted something I should not have. I’ve downloaded Windows Installer 3.1 and that did not help. I can load(install) other programs with no problems, but I can’t reinstall ACDSee Pro2 .I’ve downloaded from different sites and still the same results.
Anybody have any Ideas I can try. Thanks

A:Configuration Data Is Corrupt

hm maybe something in the registry is causing you greif? unfortunatly i dont know much in the feild of registry cleaners, someone else may be able to lend a suggestion or 6 :D otherwise just misc. search for acdse in there?

goodluck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114555/configuration-data-is-corrupt/
Relevancy 48.59%

After 2-3 days i'm working with my new PC (windows 2k) the only thing i can see is a blue screen and a message like this:
\winnt\system\**** does not exist....
The only thing that i can do it to reinstall the OS.
After some days I have the same problem again.
Can You Help me please?

Abit KV7 Bios 1.2
Athlon 2500 barton
1 maxtor sata 80Gb
Ati radeon 9600 128 Mb
Dvd Pioneer

A:Abit kv7 data corrupt

Data corruption seems to be a very common problem on SATA drives.

Which drivers have you installed ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/abit-kv7-data-corrupt.8411/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey Guys,

I was having a problem with a lot of my Data becoming damaged or corrupted. At first i expected a virus (I run Nod32), but now i'm not sure. I reformatted, and repaired the MBR. When I run Nod32, it usually tells me one or more files have been damaged.

I have no idea what to do.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Jeff

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys,

I just bought ARMA 3 and believe it or not, the brand new DVD I received has a corrupt file on it. I brought it from ebay so I would like to try and repair it before sending it back.

I am 100% sure it is the disc as my DVD drive is working fine, every other DVD I put in works flawlessly. Installing the game fails at around 50% and burning the DVD to an ISO also fails at 50%. Other games install/burn fine.

I tried copying the files to my hard drive and found that the damaged file is '107411_depotcache_5.csd' which is about 1GB in size (every other file copies without issues).

My question is, can I somehow repair the corrupt file?

Thanks

A:Restoring corrupt data on a PC DVD

Not likely unless its just a smudge or finger print on the DVD that can be wiped clean.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32349-restoring-corrupt-data-pc-dvd.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Dell PC with Windows XP. It freezes on startup at the message "Loading PBR for descriptor 2...done". The only options are F2 and F12. I did some research and found that some people had success booting from their recovery disk and entering the "fixboot" command (http://www.cyberspacesupport.com/question.php?question_id=2401). Before I can enter "R" for repair though, I get an error saying that intelide.sys is corrupt, setup failed.

What are my options? I need everything back to the way it was. Doing a clean wipe is not an option.

Thank you!

A:Hard drive corrupt data

Have you tried to connect the drive to another computer to recover the data? That should be step one for attempting data recovery.

Also, if you are booting from a CD and get a file error message then there's likely a problem with the CD or the CD drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-corrupt-data.1065204/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

My file got corrupted in the Microsoft Excel 2003 and the data in the file showing garbage or non readable. It was password protected but now it's opening without entering password.
How can i recover the data from that file, can anyone help me out?

screenshot is attached.

A:Excel File Data Corrupt

I see a couple of methods here. I haven't tried them but they seem like reasonable steps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-file-data-corrupt.1074978/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Firstly sorry for long thread but i thought it best to give as much info as possible I recently purchased a Barracuda ST DM HDD for use as storage within an external Thermaltake G USB enclosure I connected it directly to one of my PC's and installed Win bit onto a TB partition with on HDD external NEW data Corrupt/lost the remaining space partitioned up to Corrupt/lost data on NEW external HDD the TB limit therefore making the partition approximately GB I was not aware of the limits at the time to be used as a data with no operating system installed The remaining data above the TB limit did show up within the Disk Manager I transferred all of my data onto the drive and decided then to do a fresh install of Win on all of the other drives Once I had done this I connected up the external HDD only to find that the data could not be accessed Win was saying that the HDD needs formatting I then tried it on a different PC with the same results I also tried it within a Startech USB enclosure and directly connected to SATA on two different systems all with the same results in addition to trying it on a Win XP system One thing to note that the TB HDD DID boot several times prior to the HHD s being reformatted and reinstalled with Win I only checked the data was there I did not check that anything was corrupt at this point The fact that it started and everything was present without any obvious errors was enough at the time hindsight s a wonderful thing Finally I have used Get Data Back GDB software to try and recover the contents which I was able to partially do but there seems to be extensive corruption with many files unreadable I am currently running GDB under XP it takes hours having already run it under Win just to try and see if there are any different results obtained I have also tried Recuva and Panda Recovery which neither work as they both claim that the drive needs formatting An extremely curious issue is that within the photos that are recovered via GDB many of them are not the original photos but the same photo four times but not always i e the correct photo on the first file and then three copies of the same photo BUT with the original correct file name Also the preview image of the file when going into is quite often incorrect corrected by deleting the Thumbs db and then refreshing though The same effect has happened with my MP files the song playing matches the track name but then the same song for track and again with the track name being the correct one Then it starts again with song matching the track name but then track and still showing the correct track name but upon opening playing song Excel files upon opening are generally but not always not the files that they should be but a different file maybe that was next in the list or nearby with many being corrupted The files contain accounts data for a friends company so are rather important as are the personal photos I do have some backups made with Genie Backup and these were moved temporarily onto the TB drive hindsight again for the short time that I formatted the other drives It will take a long time to sort through the current files and the backups the ones that haven t become corrupted to find what is and isn t useable and I know that some of the data is older than the current data that has been lost Please can anyone advise what can be done to safely recover the data Thanks Neil

A:Corrupt/lost data on NEW external HDD

Hi Neil and welcome to the Forum
First off let me try to get this straight. You have one instance of Windows 7 on an external HD? Then I read quote: "and decided then to do a fresh install of Win 7 on all of the other drives" Just how many instances of Win 7 have you got on the one PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288416-corrupt-lost-data-new-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Quick intro: Using windows XP, I was copying large amounts of data from 1 WD sata drive to a Seagate (connected through e-sata), left the PC, when I returned, the PC had restarted and was executing chkdsk for one of the drives (I think it was the Seagate).
Seagate drive is perfectly healthy (hardware-wise), the WD not sure yet (it probably was the cause of the problem).

Question: Can this whole scenario by any chance have corrupted my data on the Seagate drive? I do not care about the directories that I was copying (I have deleted all the half-copied stuff), I care about what was in there in the beginning.

Can someone who understands how the file system and chkdsk work reply with certainty to my question? I need some re-assurance because I didn't keep checksums.

Take care

Relevancy 48.16%

My brother is trying to recover data from a crashed hard drive. He has a backup on a floppy for an important file, and is using Norton to try to recover it, but Norton Disk Doctor says it can't recover the data unless it has room on the floppy. He's stuck; any ideas? Any way around this to recover the data on the floppy?

Thanks!

A:retrieving data from corrupt floppy?

I should have mentioned...the floppy as bad sectors on it, and the backup file takes up the whole floppy, thus the problem with NDD not having room to recover the file without any room available....any ideas? I don't know diddly about NDD...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/retrieving-data-from-corrupt-floppy.62028/
Relevancy 48.16%

My computer froze up when coming Folder Corrupt Data = Application out of standby I was forced to restart the computer manually after which windows told me that my application data folder was corrupt in order to fix it I attempted to use the check disk utility and scan disk Neither of them were able to Application Data Folder = Corrupt fix the problem and windows continued to report errors willy-nilly Without any other recourse I tried to uninstall the affected programs That failed I assume the requisite uninstall information is stored in the application data folder I then attempted to manually delete the install folders and clean the registry so that I could reinstall everything Don't worry I kept copies of everything as well as a backup of the registry Everything is restorable Now I kneel and beg the great masses of the internet for assistance list of programs rendered inoperable Microsoft Office attempts to reinstall itself every time a word document is clicked iTunes same as above AVG Free Edition not working at all Ad-aware free Anniversary Edition stuck at loading - have to kill process to close it Logitech lgdcore I have no problem operating my logitech g or the related programs so I'm not sure why the error triggers for this but it does There may be others but I have not yet gone through and attempted to load each of my programs Running Windows XP SP If any additional information is required please inform Error bubble picture attached

A:Application Data Folder = Corrupt

Any tips for folder recovery would be greatly appreciated. Because word is inoperable, I'm in a sore spot. Please help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/application-data-folder-corrupt-366841.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently receive this message (NLS data is missing or corrupt ) attempting to restart vista after an update. I then attempted to start form safe mode and last known good configuration, that did not work so I tried doing a system repair using the operating disc. Vista was not able to repair it. Dose any one have any suggestions.
Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-nls-data-is-missing-or-corrupt-208267.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I do not have a recovery disk for my laptop and frontier told me to just load this file on a flash drive to fix it, but then I have also been told without a systems disk I won't be able to fix it

A:nls data missing or corrupt message

If your system comes with a recovery partition you may not need a disc, otherwise, yes, you will need to buy a recovery disc.

You can try this by pressing F8 a few times, when your system is booting (before Windows logo), and see if the option "Repair your computer" exists.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nls-data-missing-or-corrupt-message-741601.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently receive this message (NLS data is missing or corrupt ) attempting to restart vista after an update. I then attempted to start form safe mode and last known good configuration, that did not work so I tried doing a system repair using the operating disc. Vista was not able to repair it. Dose any one have any suggestions.
Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-nls-data-is-missing-or-corrupt-208266.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Tomorrow I will be picking up a corrupt fat32 drive containing video files, an incident happened which would have been recorded on the drive, while trying to review the video the the dedicated software reported fat32 corruption, please re-format !

(1) I am going to try and mount the drive as a slave on my system
(2) if this fails I intend to run spinrite ...
(3) still no go then fsck (XP still has fsck for fat32 - right ?)

If all else fails could you guys recommend any (preferably free) software to retrieve files from a corrupt fat 32 drive

I have heard there is software that will scan the drive right down at a byte level and retrieve particular types of files ie jpeg or avi identifying them from their byte structure (any suggestions ?)

Many thanks

Lentil

A:Getting data from corrupt fat32 drive

There are many recovery utilities, here's a free one that I've used in the past. PC Inspector.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-data-from-corrupt-fat32-drive.620430/
Relevancy 48.16%

Tried using Data Recovery Wizard Pro to recover data from a somewhat flakey pen drive Gb Sandisk Cruzer The drive Pen ! Corrupt Retreive - to Drive Need Data was pulled from the USB port without ejecting is the only reason I can see why it is not working properly Have some very important files on there that I just copied onto the drive from a CAD Computer Training course I took It start acting up as soon as I plugged it into my work computer could not read some folders So I figured Corrupt Pen Drive - Need to Retreive Data ! I would research when I got home and had more time At home I tried it on three of my home PC s they ALL only see the drive but display the following quot You need to format the disk in drive L before you can use it quot I then tried a chkdsk L s and it said quot CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives quot So then I tried quot Data Recovery Wizard Pro quot The Complete did not see find the pen drive so I tried the quot Partition quot next at least it appeard in the list now So I let it do it s thing for minutes or so When I can back no files displayed When I went to work today geting the smae message now as my home PC s quot You need to format the disk in drive L before you can use it quot Tried on XP Pro and Win client setups same response from all One other is that I also had have the portableapps structure utility on the pen drive http portableapps com This could have been part of the culprit as well not sure Please tell me there is still hope I need those training files Hopefully someone can give me other optons to try FYI I always backup my pen drives I just did not get the chance in this case THANKS in Advance AX nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I've recently encountered a problem where many of my programs (Microsoft Office programs, iTunes, etc). will not open. When trying to open them Windows Installer pops up and says it cannot create the directory C:DocsandSettings/AllUsers/Application Data. When I found this folder and tried to open it, it said that the folder is corrupt and unreadable. Any suggestions on how to repair this would be greatly appreciated, as I currently cannot open many programs on my computer. Thanks a lot in advance!

Dan

A:Application Data Folder Corrupt

Please try this workaround (you will need your Windows? XP SP2 CD or an integrated SP3 CD if SP3 is installed).

(In the event that you do not have a Windows? XP CD with SP2,(or SP3) you will need to 'borrow' one from a friend or colleague, as the manufacturer's "Recovery Discs" will not work in this instance.)

Insert the Windows? XP CD in your drive. (Hold down the Shift Key to prevent it from starting.)

Go start > Run ...in the box type in sfc /scannow …please take note of the space between the sfc and the /.

This is the System File Checker...it will scan all the Windows? core system files to ensure that they are in their respective correct places, and if not replace them from the CD.

During the scan you may be asked to Insert the CD, if this happens just go retry and let it do its thing.

One important point: While sfc is running, it is not advisable to do any other work, or have any browsers/programs running on the computer, until the scan is complete. (This process will generally take around 45-65 minutes to complete).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/application-data-folder-corrupt-265297.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Error: Windows failed to load because the NLS data is missing or corrupt ... pls help me to solve this problem..

A:NLS data is missing or corrupt error

Now let's try the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1: Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)
============================================
1. Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then
start the computer.
2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD
or DVD ?*". appears.
3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method,
and then click Next.
4. Click Repair your computer.
5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your
Windows installation and click Next.
6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Method 2: Rebuild BCD
1. Put the Windows Vista installation disc in the disc drive, and then
start the computer.
or DVD ?*". appears.
3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input
method, and then click Next.
5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
7. Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd , and then press ENTER.

Method 3: Use the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to run System Restore
1. Instert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and
then start the computer.
or DVD ?*". appears.
3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method,
and then click Next.
5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your
Windows installation and click Next
6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on System Restore.
7. Follow the System Restore Wizard instruction as usual and choose the
appropriate restore point.
8. Click Finish to restore the system.

What's the result?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234935-nls-data-missing-corrupt-error.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Is it possible to recover data from corrupted hard-drive?

A:Recover Data From Corrupt Hard-Drive

Sometimes, yes

Depends on the corruption cause as to mechanical or electronic.
If the data is critical, then there are data recovery companies specialising in that field, but they are not cheap. Think in figures around $1,000 or so

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-data-from-corrupt-hard-drive.768232/
Relevancy 47.73%

How Power Failures Corrupt Flash SSD Data - Slashdot

Just another reason it's always good to have a backup.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/21318-psa-how-power-failures-corrupt-flash-ssd-data.html