Windows Support Forum

Suddenly lost partial sound

Q: Suddenly lost partial sound

Hi Folks I was playing Oblivion and was messing with some of the many mods I use with the game I noticed after restarting the game sound partial lost Suddenly that some of the sound was malfunctioning such as the voice dialouge and certain sound effects such as casting a lightening spell or a fireball After further investigation I discovered that I had similar problems in other games as well so I knew it wasnt just Oblivion When watching videos such as You tube I have music but no voice Also some of the Windows system sounds will no longer play but others will So in short I can hear music being played though that sometimes gets warbly but in general cannot hear any voice or special effect type sounds wether it be in games or watching YouTube Media Player or listening to ITunes I should also mention that at times the sounds seem to be trying to play like they re very faint and distorted but usually there is just silence Here are the basics of my system Windows XP Home Sp AMD x Processor Biostar TA GX A Motherboard GB OCX dual channel memory GeForce GT mb graphics At the time of the problem I was running the on board sound in the AMD GX chipset but have since switched to a SoundBlaster X-fi Extremegamer card Here is what I ve done to troubleshoot the problem but to no avail -Reinstalled the latest MB chipset and Suddenly lost partial sound Audio drivers -Reflashed with the latest BIOS update -Purchased and installed the SoundBlaster card mentioned above -Wiped the hard drive and reinstalled Windows with all updates -Downloaded and installed K-Lite Codec Pack standard and ran the repair options Which messed up my ability to open the Windows sound control specifically SNDVOL EXE I suspect that after everything I ve tried there must be something wrong with my motherboard I ve tried to look for specific sound issues related to my MB on the net but didnt really come up with anything helpful Any suggestions would be appreciated This board is only a year old and I d rather not go buy a new MB at this point Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-lost-partial-sound.140603/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Suddenly lost partial sound

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello Please can anyone advise me Between before and after dinner all sound Lost ALL suddenly my sounds disappeared I have a year old Dell Dimensions E running Windows XP Media Centre with a Creative SB X-FI sound card with the latest drivers The sound card is shown as working in Device Manager and there are no exclamation marks I enabled On Board sound but it Lost ALL sound suddenly did not work even with headphones Dxdiag could not do a sound test Sound amp Audio Devices shows quot No Audio Device quot and it would not play any Windows Sounds I did try playing music through devices other than Lost ALL sound suddenly the Creative Applications eg Windows Media Player amp WinAmp and the error messages were to the effect Lost ALL sound suddenly that there was a problem with my sound device I did a System Restore to the day before this happened but that had no effect No programs were installed during that time slot of a few hours and I m the only User A full AVG scan did not turn up any problems I m really desperate now Can anyone help please Thank you Jo nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Just lost my sound on my laptop
It's a Inspiron 1545
Windows Vista

The sound control is NOT on mute
When I did the test the chime sound worked, but I can't seem to watch any movies or anything else.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

A:Lost Sound Suddenly

Just got it fixed.
Seems AVG and the firewall got involved somehow.

Somehow I got it going again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412890/lost-sound-suddenly/
Relevancy 67.51%

No sound at all. Have tried updating windows, and uninstalling/reinstalling my sound card drivers which are up to date.

When audio is playing, my computer seems to detect that there is sound there. The little green meter is bouncing as if there is something playing and sound is coming out.

Using Soundblaster X-FI X-treme audio.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Suddenly Lost All Sound

Have you tried unplugging from elec. and usb. Change usb to another port?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/115476-suddenly-lost-all-sound.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hope someone Media PC lost suddenly sound all can help with this have a media PC outputting to a TV through HDMI both sound Media PC lost all sound suddenly and picture Worked fine up until yesterday was ok in afternoon turned on in evening and no sound picture is fine still Don't know if anything was updated when it turned on as it wasn't me that booted it up In the Playback tab of the Sound panel I have the TV listed going through AMD High Definition Audio which is the built in graphics chip There is no activity in the output bar shown there on the right when things are playing If I try and do any Test of sounds it instantly says Failed to Play Test Tone Same happens if I try a Test on the Realtek Digital Output which is the onboard sound but then nothing is plugged in to that so I don't know if that's as it should be Device manager says everything working ok Any suggestions EDIT if I try the Windows troubleshooter it says quot Plug in the Speaker Headset or Headphone The Device does not appear to be plugged in quot

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67441-media-pc-lost-all-sound-suddenly.html
Relevancy 67.08%

While working on a project, my PC suddenly lost its sound. Windows media player also malfunctions and I always get the error "windows media player encountered a problem while playing the file" GOM also doesn't work properly when playing audio files.

these are the things that I already did:
check the speakers if they are working on a different PC
updated/reinstalled the driver for the audio
checked if the audio is disabled
troubleshoot for errors
everything that the windows website suggested
I also tried almost all the solutions I saw from the net no luck

what happens in this video is what exactly happened to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5KJHKRA8Yk

windows edition: Windows 7 ultimate

help pls I'm about to cry already

Relevancy 65.36%

I moved house and plugged the TV into the aerial and am using freeview. Yesterday morning (28/8/12) the TV was working perfectly fine. I then turned it on again in the evening and the sound had stopped working. I have a perfect picture but no sound whatsoever. I have tried mute and un-mute; turning the volume right up; resetting the whole TV (3 times); retuning the freeview channels (4 times); trying a different aerial cable; and also trying to attach external speakers. Nothing has worked at all and I am getting frustrated as the TV is only about 5 years old. Please Help!

A:Toshiba TV (Model # 23W330DB) has suddenly lost sound

Sounds like the audio circuitry has failed. Don't know that there is anything that can be done aside from having it serviced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-tv-model-23w330db-has-suddenly-lost-sound.1067006/
Relevancy 59.34%

After upgrading from IE to IE I am fairly sure not toally positive this was the cause I am running an HP PAvilion with WIn Home Premeium bit Several months ago I had a malware infiection mostlikely through a drive by download of a program called Sendori I was able to sucessfully remove the infection During that time I turned off my Auto-install of Windows updates and did them manually I held off installing IE for a bit For a time I forgot I had shut off the Windows auto-install About a week ago the prompt reminded me of updates I installed all the major updates except for IE and a coupld of NET framwork updates as I did not want to overwhelm my system tThe installs did create Restore points Once I got the other updates installed I let IE and the NET framework update install Once my computer rebooted I tried to open up IE It tried to go to my home page but IE said the page could not be displayed And it was my normal homepage Somewhat unsusal I then tried to update MBAM 's databases MBAM said it could not connect I then noticed that Norton Internet Security had a red check in it I opened MIS and tried to manually perform an update Same thing as MBAM --- could not connect I tried t o update my older version of AdAware and was it able to update I then opened SpyBot S amp D V and it was able to update I opened my local area connection status window and noticed that there was little activity BUT it showed what I Lost partial internet connection asume was a goodly number of received bytes I then performed a System Restore to the last known good update I did a few days before Once the machine rebooted everything seemed normal I could update NIS and MBAM and access the internet through IE I assumed that the restore worked I have done restore before I thought I did everything correctly MBAM I have the paid version prompted me to update to the latest version I let that download and install and MBAM said it needed Lost partial internet connection to reboot the machine to install fully Without thinking I let the machine reboot not remembering the gt NET Framework and IE updates After reboot the same thing happened as described above IE could not Lost partial internet connection access even my home page and MBAM could not update I did another system restore to the know good point Again I thought I did everything correctly After the reboot I still had IE installed and partial internet connetion I again openned up the Local connection and Lost partial internet connection found bytes received was moving I opened up Windows update and found or new IE updates Now Norton popped up with an error and MBAM still said it could not update I went back to theSystem Restore and discovered all of my restore points were gone At this point I am at a loss to under stand what happened I m writing this on my Daughters OLD laptop Win XP mostly updated with intermitant connection I may hook it up to my cable modem but then again I may need my PC to be connected to I can run various things I have in the past let Windows install IE NET updates with no problems Any help or insight would be appreciated Please NOTE that I may seem to be unresponsive at time but this is because of my work schedule I work second shift and the laptop may not be available for a day or so

A:Lost partial internet connection

If you are connecting directly to your cable modem this may be part of your issue.  Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) locked the cable modem to the device it is connect to it.  In order to connect a new/different device you need to power cycle the cable modem.

I would recommend if at all possible to connect through a router.  A route makes it easier to connect multiple devices to your Internet connection and provides a level of security by dropping all non-requested information.

When your Internet is not working run IPCONFIG from a command prompt and see what your IP address is that will be helpful in determining where  your issue is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536616/lost-partial-internet-connection/
Relevancy 58.48%

Not sure if I'm in the right place, but here goes. I recently did a partial system recovery and when I was done, everything was in it's right place except for one folder. I did a search and located it in USERDATA but was unable to access it. I managed to gain ownership of the folder but when I opened it, the folder was empty! Why would this happen and is there any way I can recover the lost files? I even downloaded a file recovery program but I still cannot find the files although I have found other crap that has been deleted. Does anyone have any advice as to what can be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Lost data after a partial system recovery

Hello and welcome to the forum

What do you mean by "Partial System Recovery" . . . what exactly did you do?

Try not to use the machine since using it will make any data recovery more difficult

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-data-after-a-partial-system-recovery-235079.html
Relevancy 58.05%

After partial scan, MSE consistently reboots on a Windows Installer file
Everytime I launch a custom scan on the Windows Installer Folder, MSE reboots close to the address C:\Windows\Installer\11bc85fg.msp. I have not been able to complete a full scan in a month.

All of my desktop files have disappeared. I downloaded and ran 'Unhide" but this does not produce any results.

Randomly, outside of MSE, I will get an error message that says:

"The instruction at Ox100053a0 referenced memory at Ox100053a0. The memory could not be read."

I need some guidance to recover my files. There are no other signs of a virus and no further damage appears to be taking place.

Thank you.

A:MSE reboots after partial scan & lost desktop files

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474631/mse-reboots-after-partial-scan-lost-desktop-files/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys new to the forums and in Repair data - Partial Offline restore Lost Startup - need of some help I was called in to look at my parents PC despite being no expert myself Windows was unable to boot and was giving a message along the lines of it was unable to access the device The given options were to try booting Windows again which brought Startup Repair Offline - Partial restore - Lost data me back to the same point or to go to System Restore Having already been unable to use a system repair disk after receiving the message 'startuprepairoffline' I tried System Restore Mistakenly I thought it would give me the option to set the system back to a previous date but it was actually going to reinstall the OS I only realised this after I had started the restore so I turned the system off by holding the power button as I didn't want my files to be lost I thought my next best bet would be to connect the PC hard drive to my laptop copying across the files and resuming the System Restore for a fresh install When I took out the hard drive and connected it to my laptop I couldn't find any of the files In fact GB of the GB drive appeared to be free So I'm wondering what has happened to the data as all folders on the drive are empty Could the system restore process have deleted the files or file table in the short time it was running And is there a way to recover them Thanks in advance

A:Startup Repair Offline - Partial restore - Lost data

System Restore only puts your PC back to the state it was as of the Restore Date. It does not reinstall the OS. You must have hit something else. If you started reinstalling the OS, it would have formatted everything. Let me ask a question. Did you only have a C: drive in your PC or was there a D: and E: maybe? A OS Install will only format drive C:. If you have a D: drive, it will not format that. How many drives do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375504-startup-repair-offline-partial-restore-lost-data.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys new to the forums and in need of some help I was called in to look at my parents PC despite being no expert myself - Startup Repair - Lost Partial restore Offline data? Windows was unable to boot and was giving a message along the lines of it was unable to access the device The given Startup Repair Offline - Partial restore - Lost data? options were to try booting Windows again which brought me back to the same point or to go to System Restore Having already been unable Startup Repair Offline - Partial restore - Lost data? to use a Startup Repair Offline - Partial restore - Lost data? system repair disk after receiving the message 'startuprepairoffline' I tried System Restore Mistakenly I thought it would give me the option to set the system back to a previous date but it was actually going to reinstall the OS I only realised this after I had started the restore so I turned the system off by holding the power button as I didn't want my files to be lost I thought my next best bet would be to connect the PC hard drive to my laptop copying across the files and resuming the System Restore for a fresh install When I took out the hard drive and connected it to my laptop I couldn't find any of the files In fact GB of the GB drive appeared to be free So I'm wondering what has happened to the data as all folders on the drive are empty Could the system restore process have deleted the files or file table in the short time it was running And is there a way to recover them Thanks in advance

A:Startup Repair Offline - Partial restore - Lost data?

Sorry to get back here late. Been busy the last couple of days.OK, there are a couple of free partition recovery programs that come to mind. The first is called Testdisk. Testdisk is the more comprehensive of the 2 but a little more difficult to use. The other one is Easeus Partition Wizard. Be sure to read all the instructions before using either.http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/Test...http://www.easeus.com/partition-rec...A RAW partition usually occurs when you interrupt the writing to the disk before it has completed.message edited by OtheHill

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/startup-repair-offline-partial-restore-lost-data/18893.html
Relevancy 56.33%

PLEASE help. I have sound when using Windows Media player.. but none when using Adobe Media Player. I have sound for Itunes, so I know it isn't a speaker program. I have sound for playing music on Windows Media player, but none for Youtube or any videos on Adobe. I have tried running CCleaner and the Codec repair, but nothing helps. I am not even sure what the difference would be between these two players

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/183812/partial-sound/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am able to hear music only. Not games, other than the audio, no windows sounds, at all! I have checked device manager for conflicts, volume control for inactive sound options, or muted sound options. hhmmmmmm.....I have checked connectivity as well as connection location. I have also un/reinstalled sound card, in addition to, volume control in windows setup. Any other ideas, please help!

Relevancy 55.9%

I am having an issue with some sounds being there, some not.
Music cds, some games, wma files, etc, all play fine.
I am missing startup sounds, warning sounds, all sounds on Battlefield 1942, gun sounds on Combat Flight Simulator, and cant hear anything on You tube and some other video sites.
I have talked to HP tech, chatted with HP tech, all to no avail.
My system is Windows Media 2005 Rollup 2 with a Realtek HD sound set. A
Any ideas???? Pleeeeeaaase!!
DM
btw, its an HP Pavilion a1423w

A:Partial sound issues?

Back to the top for assisstance please!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partial-sound-issues.67288/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am running Win98SE, 128 MB Ram,10GB HDD, with CMedia sound card (Built in to motherboard). Yesterday I could only hear sound very faintly except for Windows sounds accessed through Control Panel, which came through loud and clear. Prior to yesterday, all sound was working OK. I have checked the volume settings in Multimedia with no result. Can anyone help please.........Dave :hotbounce

normael said:

I am running Win98SE, 128 MB Ram,10GB HDD, with CMedia sound card (Built in to motherboard). Yesterday I could only hear sound very faintly except for Windows sounds accessed through Control Panel, which came through loud and clear. Prior to yesterday, all sound was working OK. I have checked the volume settings in Multimedia with no result. Can anyone help please.........Dave :hotbounceClick to expand...

Blessed is he who expects nothing for he shall not be dissapointed!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partial-sound-loss.19414/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi- I'm having some problems with the sound on our computer. When I go to the library on Windows Media player I can hear the music fine but when I'm on the internet I'm not able to get any sound through the various webpages. I also tried to play a DVD on the same computer and it played but there was no sound either, when I tried to save the DCD to our hard drive I recieved this message- "Cannot create or replace VIDEO_TS: Cannot find the specified path". Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm using an Inspiron 530 with Windows XP if that helps any. Thanks!

Relevancy 55.47%

Since a few months my notebook is having several issues of which I do not know if they are related USB failure Partial and keyboard sound, to one another or not The problems are - The USB ports the two on the right hand side sometimes stop Partial failure sound, USB and keyboard functioning and they won't start up until the computer has been restarted sometimes that needs to be done several times nbsp The ports still provide the external harddrive with power but Partial failure sound, USB and keyboard the computer doesn't recognise it - The sound sometimes stops after the audio has been paused Sometimes if I pause a song or movie there is no sound when I start to play it again until the laptop has restarted again contrary to the USB ports restarting always solves the problem This happens with different media types and programs I always use speakers either through the mm port or using a HDMI cord - The zero and three on the numpad of the keyboard don't work at all I doubt this is related but I wanted to mention it anyway nbsp The laptop came with windows professional bit it has had several windows versions on it after that but on march th I reinstalled the laptop with the original operating system after formatting it and partitioning the harddisk I did this using the original license and the original drivers coming from the provided disc After installing it I checked for updates using the HP tool Last winter it started having the forementioned issues so I decided to upgrade to windows since I figured that some drivers might not be updated for windows anymore It seems that that didn't make any difference and now I don't know how to solve these problems Can anyone tell me what else I could try nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Partial-failure-sound-USB-and-keyboard/td-p/5615082
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I have been trying for a couple weeks now to find a solution to the following problem I had to re-install windows xp recently and after installation I had no sound at all I tryed http support dell com support down amp fileid and after installing I now have partial sound I hear the windows start up tune and various background sounds when I try playing an mp but it seems like a channel is missing or something Also my sub-woofer speaker is humming when I turn it all the way up but no sound during a playback Any ideas would be greatly apprieciated Here are a few specs from Everest I also have Sysspec installed if I need anything more Thanks Troy Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name User Name CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Dell Dimension Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i PE System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Phoenix Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce MX Monitor Dell M quot CRT N SBMRQ Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel DB ICH - AC' Audio Controller A- Storage IDE Controller Intel R DB Ultra ATA 4550 xp on re-install dell after sound Partial Storage Controller - CB Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive NEC DVD RW ND- A DVD x x x CD x x x DVD RW Optical Drive LITEON DVD-ROM Partial sound on dell 4550 after xp re-install LTD x x DVD-ROM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Modem Conexant SmartHSFi V K DF PCI Modem Peripherals Printer Adobe PDF Printer hp psc series USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller A- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller A- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller A- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - Enhanced USB Controller A- USB Device USB Human Interface Device

A:Partial sound on dell 4550 after xp re-install

Hi emptydew. Just a couple of questions:
1 - Did you follow the Dell instructions for a OS reinstall. You would need to reinstall your chipset drivers first, followed by other drivers?
2 - Did you reinstall the proper sound card drivers?
3 - Have you checked your systems "Device Manager", for any yellow Exclamation points/Question marks?
4 - Have you tried turning cycled (rebooted) the power to your subwoofer/speaker system, and reseating all of your subwoofer and speaker wires for proper connections? (I had a similar problem once with a Dell system, this solved it)
I would start there and then let us know what happens. Good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/partial-sound-on-dell-4550-after-xp-re-install-118920.html
Relevancy 54.18%

part of our windows xp was removed how can we download the missing parts to put our computer back in action

A:windows xp partial accidental removal / need partial download

Thats a very vague description so can you explain more please and have you tried system restore yet ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-partial-accidental-removal-need-partial-download.379554/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I own a Sony VGN-FE S notebook which came with Windows XP MediaCenter Edition SP It has a Sigmatel Audio Card which worked perfectly until this weekend I de installed the boundled XP sound Win on Partial Edition Center Media Solved: SP2 InterVideo WinDVD and Installed Flash Professional I don t know whether this may affected or not but that s the only thing that I did Nothing happened until I rebooted The PC started quot normally quot but I can t hear windows Sounds I mean WinAmp does work -when in DirectSound mode- WMP works too VLC etc- but when it comes to standard waveout sound nothing seems to work I have no standard windows sound all flash sound -inside a webpage- can t be heard I can t use windows good ol SndRec I have Solved: Partial sound on Win XP SP2 Media Center Edition the play button disabled and moreover I can t get the Solved: Partial sound on Win XP SP2 Media Center Edition mixer to stay on Systray Yes I checked and de checked the option a zillion times and it s not working Solved: Partial sound on Win XP SP2 Media Center Edition The sound buttons the laptop has are useless they show the volume is down at all -no sound- and if I press the nothing changes My mouse Logitech MX wirelless laser mouse which has volume controls do turns up and down volume -and it works with the applications that still have sound- If I run sndvol manuanly I m able to turn up and donw volume at will and as in the previous case it works with apps that still have sound I deinstalled the drivers -both in common and Safe mode- but this was of no help at all I did eveything you can imagine and I m still not having any success If I call Sony they will tell me to reinstall the whole thing and voil this would work but then I have to reinstall everything I have and I don t have the time to do so -yes this PC is my working aid- I don t know if this is the correct forum perhaps a HW one will be more appropiate -I m posting this there too- but I know you great guys will have a solutions since you ve already been thru this ANY help would be appreciated -and rewarwed with thanks and virtual flowers- Thank you very much in advance Mart n nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I own a Sony VGN-FE S notebook which came with Windows XP MediaCenter Edition SP It has a Sigmatel Audio Card which worked perfectly until this weekend I de installed the boundled InterVideo WinDVD and Installed Flash Professional I don t know whether this may affected or not but that s the only thing that I did Nothing happened until I rebooted The PC started quot Media Edition sound Solved: Center Win Partial XP on SP2 normally quot but I can t hear windows Sounds I mean WinAmp does work -when in DirectSound mode- WMP Solved: Partial sound on Win XP SP2 Media Center Edition works too VLC etc- but when it comes to standard waveout sound nothing seems to work I have no standard windows sound all flash sound -inside a webpage- can t be heard I can t use windows good ol SndRec I have the play button disabled and moreover I can t get the mixer to stay on Systray Yes I checked and de checked the option a zillion times and it s not working The sound buttons the laptop has are useless they show the volume is down at all -no sound- and if I press the nothing changes My mouse Logitech MX wirelless laser mouse which has volume controls do turns up and down volume -and it works with the applications that still have sound- If I run sndvol manuanly I m able to turn up and donw volume at will and as in the previous case it works with apps that still have sound I deinstalled the drivers -both in common and Safe Solved: Partial sound on Win XP SP2 Media Center Edition mode- but this was of no help at all I did eveything you can imagine and I m still not having any success If I call Sony they will tell me to reinstall the whole thing and voil this would work but then I have to reinstall everything I have and I don t have the time to do so -yes this PC is my working aid- I don t know if this is the correct forum perhaps a HW one will be more appropiate -I m posting this there too- but I know you great guys will have a solutions since you ve already been thru this ANY help would be appreciated -and rewarwed with thanks and virtual flowers- Thank you very much in advance Mart n nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

Recently my desktop decided it wasn't going to co-operate anymore. After a lot of googling and many patience lost I decided I would throw in the towl and ask for help lol. 

I have no sound whatsoever, not from mp3s and not from streaming. Streaming video chops every half a second, but I can play downloaded avi video, still with no sound.

I ran malware bytes, no infections. and nothing from avg.
I tried system restore, both times it failed for some reason, at 2 different restore points.
my video card is working and so is my sound card.

im a do it yourself type person but this one has me beat, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Suddenly, no windows sound and no streaming video/sound.

I have the same problem.  Yesterday morning I booted up and all of a sudden there is no sound.  And Windows media player will not work ... no video or audio.  I have checked all cables and connections...plugged in different speakers and checked for system sounds which don't work as well.  I get video  from movies and videos with GOM player and internet videos but no sound.
About concluded that motherboard may be cause, but really don't want to install a new one.

Does anyone have a better idea?
Please advise
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604732/suddenly-no-windows-sound-and-no-streaming-videosound/
Relevancy 49.02%

So, all of a sudden, my devices can't see each other. It was all working fine until yesterday. Here's what has changed since I last used my network: I installed a game called Magic Online and I had to reset my router to factory defaults. I can't figure this one out. I don't know what other info I can provide. It just happened suddenly.

A:lost network suddenly

Strange, but not much info to go on. I would certainly try first a system restore to before the problem started and then we will go from there. Let me know it this helps? Step 2 I would check channels on router and then network card.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/235140-lost-network-suddenly.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I m running a new month Win Pro install Has been like a rock since working out various wrinkles This AM suddenly no internet My wife s iPad still has internet at the far end of the house I have a nd my Suddenly internet! lost PC next Suddenly lost my internet! to the problem one I m prepping for Craigslist and it still has internet It s hardwired to the back of the Netgear router I power cycled the modem router anyway and it does not help Internet does go out universally about once month and the power cycle always does the trick I have a USB mini wifi adapter plugged into the front of the case to support my Chromcast Netflix With little fiddling I m suddenly back on line but with wifi only this is the case now as I type Running the Windows network quot fixit quot stuff is useless and says to quot call a friend for help quot But I m the one everyone else calls I take the working cat patch cord from the nd PC the one that s online and working and plug in into the back of the problem PC and it still says quot no connection to router quot I do the same with another spare known good patch cord nada What the I went into Device Mgr to check out my hardware but do not know which entry in the list is or should be active Can anyone look at the attached and tell me which one I should look at The first few say quot disconnected quot I m running the default drivers Windows loaded when I did the Win install which appear to have the same date stamp as the latest Win drivers from Asus I have an Asus Z M-Plus mobo Of course with MS doing upgrades whenever they want maybe they broke something last night I had no DVD drive visible on the nd Craigslist machine yesterday until I ran a regedit patch I found online and subsequently received the same patch on the MS forum I ve been using The drive worked fine booting from XP on that machine and of course worked fine during the initial Win install from an ISO disc Thanks for any guidance nbsp

A:Suddenly lost my internet!

Try this, with problem PC switched off remove Usb wireless device, connect ethernet cable if not already connected, power cycle the router, when router is back up and running switch on problem PC. Does it connect to Internet now ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-lost-my-internet.1155811/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Not sure if this is security issue a software issue or even a hardware problem A few days ago all of my USB ports shut off I had to move my mouse to a PS and tried to MMC suddenly Lost elements of go into device manager to see what was up It is gone and in the window I get a quot navigation to that webpage was cancelled quot when I click on quot refresh this page quot I get quot MMC has detected an error in a snap-on quot I tried a system restore to many Lost elements of MMC suddenly different dates but the program cancels and says that a restore can t be completed During a restart after one of the restore attempts I got a message that said that the disk needed to be checked While it was checking the C drive I noticed a lot of files being moved or deleted All of this said the system seems Lost elements of MMC suddenly to be working ok CD drives are working keyboard and PS port work I get sound and video can get email and so on I ran msconfig and everything is enabled but a lot of the management programs are listed as enabled but stopped Virus scan was clean windows security essentials Malware was clean malwarebytes and malicious software scan was clean ms software tool I am running windows XP sp MB of RAM AMD Athlon X dual core processor I ran the TSG sysinfo but nothing came up Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Processor Processor Count RAM Graphics Card Hard Drives Motherboard Antivirus None Hijack this log and dds follow Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system hasplms exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings User Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing h... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

One day while/after downloading some movies, runnung some registry repairs by glary,(no emmeddiate effect?)I could not open any files or programs without selecting run as admin and even then I am limited! I am given the message do not have the appropriate permissions. My network sevice has stopped (WCZ) I've tried logging in as an administrator, no improvement, less actually. And, the programs in startup do not load in the bar. Ive tried system restores and even a recovery which gave me a message; stopc0000218. What can I do? Puzzled? Do i have to re-enter my hivefiles?

A:Suddenly I lost my permission?

I see you refer to running registry repairs by glary (sorry I do not know what this is) and feel there is a chance this has caused a corruption in the registry. The message can sometimes point to a problem with the hard drive. I would have suggested running a diagnostic on the hard disk, but you can't rule out registry damage (others may not agree but as I say I have not heard of glary).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/suddenly-i-lost-my-permission-208892.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Earlier today, while I was using I was so shocked when I couldn't find a certain application (SynciOS). When I couldn't find it, I checked in the start menu and every time I opened it, applications were disappearing one by one. So I decided to restart and all my desktop icons were gone (Save the Recycle Bin and My Computer).

I checked all the partitions and found out that only the C partition was affected; D and E were untouched.

Google Chrome, which was in the C partition, was also gone but the history remains but the bookmarks are gone. MS Office applications were also gone but they were automatically redownloaded.

The sticky notes that were in my desktop remained, though.

I have not setup a system restore point so I couldn't possibly use that.

Any idea as to what happened?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Suddenly lost files

By the way, Paint is also gone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/suddenly-lost-files-1036897.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I m putting this in the Win forum because Partition (OS) Primary Suddenly Lost that is where I was when this damage took place I ve lost my primary partition Drive C on my primary hard disk I was copying files from a secondary disk to the primary disk when it suddenly did a spontaneous boot After POSTing it would go no further I have three partitions on the -Gig drive C primary D logical drive in the extended and E another logical drive in the extended Active Partition Recovery Suddenly Lost Primary (OS) Partition which is sometimes some help is no help and shows the C partition at zero size and only scrambled non-keyboard characters for directory and file names The D and E drives are still readable from a Windows boot disk but when the drive is connected to another machine as a secondary so I can Suddenly Lost Primary (OS) Partition recover files from D amp E on either the IDE or IDE cable I get a BSOD when I try to boot Windows If I could recover the partition information my troubles would be over Any suggestions By the way I m running FAT nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a HP laptop which I bring to work and connects to our wireless office connection I have been using it for quite a while now and I even downloaded stuff using torrents on it Starting this week when I got to the office and tried to connect to the router it connects but couldn t browse any web site however pinging the sites was successful I tried release and the IP but it failed giving quot An error occurred while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified quot After i rebooted my laptop lost connection!!! all Suddenly network modem and router still the same thing However other guys are able to connect and browse the internet But then it got worse now it is able to see the connection but cannot connect to the router hence no IP Even if I connect on a LAN for another network it is unable to ping the gateway of that network What the hell is going on nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all It s about a month that i have a problem with my modem It has a USB cable and a LAN For these kind of modems you need to install USB driver to use the USB cable modem USB suddenly driver lost! I d installed USB modem driver suddenly lost! the driver and every thing were good bud one day while a connected USB cable to my laptop windows siad USB Device Not Recognized quot I connected it for many times but every time a saw that error I called to the modem company adn they said you USB modem driver suddenly lost! have lost your driver so tried to install the driver again but it couldn t set correctly I think it s problem with my registry because i have lost all of my USB drivers few days ago I fixed it amp everything is OK now except the modem Is the any way to solve the problem My system Modem Huawei SmartAX MT a OS Win bit I don t know English well so sorry for my bad writing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-modem-driver-suddenly-lost.1111937/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi Jake here here is my situation my computer has been running fine for the last few months before something happened and it wouldnt boot i started the computer in safe mode and seemed to have fixed the problem everything was fine until weeks later when my computer was running fine one night then when i started it up days ago it is going terribly slowly i dont know what i have done lost suddenly computer preformance but i would like any help i can get im thinking a virus or something but my scans with avast are clean any help would be appreciated thanks alot ps im sorry to say that my computer didn't come with installer disks it came setup computer suddenly lost preformance with windows xp dds DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by HP Administrator at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k Akamai C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Cyberlink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files IObit IObit SmartDefrag IObit SmartDefrag exe C Program Files facemoods com facemoods facemoodssrv exe C program files relevantknowledge rlvknlg exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v Configuration Utility RtlWake exe C Program Files Paragon Software System Backup Special Edition - GOTD English program dbhservice exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp start facemoods com a w th uSearch Page uSearch Bar uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mSearchAssistant hxxp start facemoods com a w th amp s searchTerms amp f mWinlogon UIHost c documents and settings all users application data tuneup software tuneup utilities winstyler tu logonui exe BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO CescrtHlpr Object - f - b-a -b bd da fc - c program files facemoods com facemoods bh facemoods dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SearchHelper dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO Yontoo Layers fd e- fde- d-a a- bab cad - c program files yontoo layers client YontooIEClient dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB facemoods Toolbar db e -f - dfd- c c- b cab - c program files facemoods com facemoods facemoodsTlbr dll uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun InstallIQUpdater quot c program files w i installiqupdater InstallIQUpdater exe quot silent autorun uRun Software I... Read more

A:computer suddenly lost preformance

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
===

Please run this security check for my review.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
===

Please post the logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-suddenly-lost-preformance-549012.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Wasn't sure where to post this, but out of no where I lost volume on You Tube. I am using Audioengine as my external speakers and everything else plays sound (Itunes, MTV, etc). I have double checked all my You Tube settings and I am not muted. I googled thinking others might be experiencing this, but came up empty. Any ideas? Thxs!

A:Suddenly lost volume from You-Tube......

Hello there. Did you try to reinstall Flash Player?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/141604-suddenly-lost-volume-you-tube.html
Relevancy 48.59%

lost the keyboard keys suddenly, some letter keys give me numbers.

how can i reset

A:lost the keyboard keys suddenly

You aren't telling us much. It sounds like you might have a faulty keyboard or malware. Please fill out your system specs in your user control panel and tell us what antivirus/antimalware program you use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/99162-lost-keyboard-keys-suddenly.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I m completely riddled as to why this happened but the chain of events leading up to this is today I got a new modem router to connect to which I set up to lost suddenly Internet connection use successfully However what occurred afterwards was that some of my program that I used to be able to run on this computer suddenly don t work Some examples are League of Legends - Can not log into the game in client Steam - Can t connect to steam servers Some streams I used to go to - Giving me a out of reach error or can not connect to the streams at all Speedtest - Suddenly takes around seconds before the test even starts to run So far I ve Internet connection suddenly lost try resetting the internet explorer settings restarting computer multiple times reinstalling the programs switching to direct wired connection to the internet rather than wireless some commands on cmd as adminstrator netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew No luck on anything tried Note Firewall is off tried running the programs on Internet connection suddenly lost a fresh restart with no programs open nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

My CD DVD burner disappeared from the File Explorer Device Manager and Computer management two days ago Today I found it in the device manager by looking suddenly Lite-on CD/DVD burner lost under quot hidden devices quot Following instructions from the Microsoft site I uninstalled the driver and restarted the computer as instructed but this lost Lite-on CD/DVD burner suddenly failed and now the device doesn't show lost Lite-on CD/DVD burner suddenly under the Device Manager-DVD CD-ROM devices I have googled all over to find a driver for it Lite-on iHAS - A Even Lite-on wants me to buy a program to detect and update my drivers and if Lite-on has the drivers on site I sure can't find any I expect that I lost Lite-on CD/DVD burner suddenly could likely buy a new CD DVD burner just as cheap I downloaded a couple but have yet to see the CD DVD burner listed I am dual booted and it did show In Linux Mint and I could look at a CD's contents I have spent hours on this and now am completely lost as to what to do next Lite-on iHAS - A bought in Any ideas

A:lost Lite-on CD/DVD burner suddenly

DVD Drive do not require a special driver and do not need one to be recognized by the PC BIOS. I would also check the BIOS to see if it is showing there. Also suggest making sure connections on inside are secured, can try changing SATA cable and make sure power connector is secure. Only thing some optical drives may need are firmware updates which you can get from Lite-On.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36254-lost-lite-cd-dvd-burner-suddenly.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an HP EliteBook 6930p with windows 7 installed and everything was working fine until i did a recent windows upgrade (might just be a coincidence) and i suddenly lost internet connection. My laptop picks up the router, shows full strength but i cannot connect to the internet wireless or Ethernet cable. I restored to a previous date and it worked fine, and all my other devices work fine (iPad, iPhone, other laptops). The trouble is when i connected to the internet again it up dated windows and i cant restore back to the original date anymore as it has gone from the list.
Thinking i might have picked up a virus along the way.

Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 48.59%

A couple days ago Wifi connection. lost. suddenly No I was online just watching YouTube videos and all of a sudden my wifi connection just Wifi suddenly lost. No connection. dropped I sat around and waited for it to reconnect but it didn't I disconnected and tried to reconnect but it told me it wasn't able to connect to the network Nobody else has this problem My mom sister brother and dad can all connect fine We have a brand new router that we just bought weeks ago My last wifi card burned out so I have a brand new Ralink wifi card Now I can see our wifi It's there but when I try to connect it takes forever then tells me it can't connect when I go to CMD and type ipconfig it says all media is disconnected When I go to my network connections there's a red X next to my Ethernet and wifi I've tried ipconfig renew release and I've tried pinging Google com and it said it could not contact host It also keeps telling me nothing can be done while media is disconnected I've done netsh resetting I've tried manually putting in my own IP address subnet router and DNS server I've rolled back to a previous recovery I've ran iobit and malwarebytes to check for any viruses I deleted all temp info in my appdata folders I went in to make my comp forget the connection and tried to reconnect I've uninstalled my network adapters restarted then updated I can connect through Ethernet cable but that's not possible in this house My dads the only one that does cause he still has a desktop Being connected through Ethernet I made sure EVERYTHING is updated Windows Iobit Driver Booster everything Yes there is a wall between me and the router but even holding my computer right next it doesn't let me connect and we've lived here for years It's never been a problem before I know everyone's gona laugh but I never made a recovery disk when I first got my laptop cause that was about years ago and I didn't know that was a thing And I had to go through a repair program about a year ago cause my mom ended up downloading a virus and didn't tell me after I got home from work that it was acting up So now 'resetting to factory defaults' doesn't work When I boot up in safe mode there is red X on my internet icon and my audio for some reason When I go into my network and Internet it says there's nothing to show I don't even see home group options or internet options All of this has been for simple questions Is there a way to fix this or am I stuck with a year old notepad Cause right now all I can do with it is play the few games I got on it listen to the music I have and type If anyone has suggestions please be detailed I know how to get to the basics such as device manager or changing adapter settings But it took me forever to figure out how to manually set my own IP cause people couldn't explain where to find the IPV folder I am on my phone right now cause it's the only means I have of looking up information and posting this If I forgot anything just let me know Gateway Laptop NE R U Windows Intel R Pentium R CPU B GHz GHz GB RAM -bit Operating System x -based processor Router NETGEAR N Wireless Dual Band Router

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65490-wifi-suddenly-lost-no-connection.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi and hope you can help I care for a senior citizen a few nights a week in lost hotspot connection my Suddenly a home without internet service and have been using my HP Presario Suddenly lost my hotspot connection CQ up until now to log onto an xfinitywifi Suddenly lost my hotspot connection hotspot through my own account I also have an HP Pavilion I can use but for some reason that laptop does not have as strong as signal as the Presario and the signal was not reliable But with the Presario I have had no problem logging on until now and the bars in my network listing are usually or strong One night recently I lost my connection and have not been able to log back on since The xfinitywifi has pretty much disappeared although it pops up every so often for a moment or two but only with one bar and also shows being out of range on my android Most of the other networks usually in the list were gone as well also just popping up here and there for a moment and only with one bar But a new listing appeared at the same time this happened and seems to be a strong one with to bars One other older network besides the new one seems to remain strong and both are netgear routers So my assumption is that this new network is somehow sending out signals that along with the other network are blocking me from picking up signals Knowing a little and very little about all this my fist thought was to change my channel However I could not figure out how to change the channel on an internal modem router Realtek in my laptop I tried downloading some programs to try and find out what was going on I didn t have much luck understanding them but with one program called Heatmapper I got some info about the other networks What I did find out was that the new network seems to have less of a mbps reading whatever that is than the other netgear that has been there but never caused any problems So my guess is that this new network and I have no idea where it is coming from is sending out wifi signals that along with the other older one are blocking this house from receiving the xfinitywifi hotspot signals I did check and the hotspot is still valid I did try tethering my phone signal but it is simply too slow to be able to do anything worthwhile I am miserable not having my internet while I m there through the night and hope there is a way I can somehow stop the signals from interfering with mine or do something to my computer that would allow me to again pick up strong signals again to log on play my games watch my videos etc I do have old routers a clear express hub and a netgear wnr v if either could help I can t afford too much so would appreciate if any solutions were economical Thank you so much in advance for your help amp amp nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

On most recent bootup, my Toshiba Mini-Laptop won't recognize the wireless connection. It worked fine last night. It is model NB-205-N310/BN. The OS is Win XP Home Edition. Message screen states that Windows is no longer managing the wireless connection. Went through process of re-establishing Windows as wireless manager, but it keeps coming back with the same message. I feel like I'm overlooking something simple. Isn't there a "Wireless connection wizard" in WinXP???

A:Wireless connectivity suddenly lost

Google LinksLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409440/wireless-connectivity-suddenly-lost/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All,

I was using my little PC laptop and it fell, and suddenly the internet doesn't work.
It doesn't show me any wireless option at all (in bottom right corner. or in control panel)
and in "Network Connections"
there isn't the wireless option as there used to be.
Now it only has 'LAN or high speed internet"

I've tried looking at old threads but haven't found anything suited.

Is there a way to reactivate? I've tried everything I can think of! (laptop has no CD drive)

thanks in advance

A:suddenly lost the 'wireless' option

Can u check in ( assuming ur running Win XP Pro ) Right Click My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager to see what is the status of the device. ( any signs )

Your System specs too wud help ( whether u hav an external wireless card adapter....)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-lost-the-wireless-option.977289/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I remember my C:drive had 162GB free space before installing Nero 7 Premium.

After I installed it, a couple of hours passed and I was surprised to find my C: drive free space was 153GB.

NOt sure what happened ......... I checked Nero 7 installed size in control panel --> Uninstall or change a program --> it was showing 1.35GB.

This math doesn't make a big sense.

I'm wondering where that 7-8gb disappeared !

Regards

A:7GB to 8GB suddenly lost after installing a program.

Install TreeSize Free - Quickly Scan Directory Sizes and Find Space Hogs and see what it finds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/261173-7gb-8gb-suddenly-lost-after-installing-program.html
Relevancy 48.59%

here is the ipconfig info Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Suddenly network lost wireless Mary Tatro gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mary-Dell-laptp Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List triad rr Suddenly lost wireless network com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix triad Suddenly lost wireless network rr com Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address A -BA-DB-B -FC- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd f f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday December PM Lease Expires Saturday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A-E - -A -BA-DB- C- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Mary Tatro gt nbsp

A:Suddenly lost wireless network

Hello meanasever,

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.

If you need help with that, see TSG Posting a Screenshot.

If running Windows Vista or Windows 7, the built-in Snipping Tool is useful for screenshots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-lost-wireless-network.1081089/
Relevancy 48.59%

Suddenly I have lost access to all Yahoo sites. Yahoo, Yahoo mail, Yahoo messenger. My accounts are still good and active because if I login using a VPN I get access. Have tried different browsers and windows firewall shows yahoo.
I Hope I have attached both ping and tracert data.
I have deleted and reinstalled Yahoo messenger without luck.
Any ideas where I should start looking???
Running Windows 7 professional.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/suddenly-lost-access-to-yahoo-1075786.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Having lost IPconfig... lost network, 'suddenly' Laptop his internet a neighbor brought his laptop Vista SP Atheros Wireless to me last night His Connection tooltip weirdly stated Unidentified Smith wireless Laptop 'suddenly' lost network, IPconfig... Network Center showed Unidentified network There are other laptops XP and Win HP bit in his household that have no problems and can connect to the internet just fine I first checked for viruses of which I found several including a rootkit Laptop 'suddenly' lost network, IPconfig... I cleaned the system up with malwarebytes but still not connection so I decided to restore an Acronis system drive image I made for him about Laptop 'suddenly' lost network, IPconfig... a month ago The results Same network issues His TCP IPV amp IPV properties were what one would expect Obtain Auto on both counts however his IPconfig info for IPV were a bit odd As can be noted from the screenshot the Autoconfig IPV address and subnet mask weren't what I expected to see nor were the DNS servers And the Primary DNS suffix was blank I was able to correct the problem and get him back on line by manually entering the IPV address Default Gateway and DNS servers But I really wonder what caused this Again his was the only machine out of laptops that was affected Why would his auto settings suddenly turn on him Thanks for any insights

A:Laptop 'suddenly' lost network, IPconfig...

he's running APIPA, he's not getting DHCP from the router or modem. Check for broken router or modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/179031-laptop-suddenly-lost-network-ipconfig.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone - I appreciate your helping in trying to resolve this I have a Dell connection for lost LAN/Internet suddenly sessions New Inspiron E running Windows XP SP that I ve had for two years I m running IE Explorer McAfee Security Center amp Wireless LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions security I have had NO issues with my hard-wired or wired internet connections prior until about six weeks ago I use my PC for both work usage MS Office SAP etc and personal usage My issue is a follows I can be connected to a wireless LAN connection and have multiple things up and running SAP Internet streaming music etc I will go to open a new session in IE and the new session will give the typical error message you see when you are not connected to the internet While I get this error my other sessions continue to run without issue e g SAP streaming LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions music etc If i try to refresh a page as an example though like the streaming music then that page stops working but my SAP system GUI connection will still operate without issue I have tried to disconnect my pc from the wireless connection and re-connect and it still doesn t work I occassionally get it to repair by hibernating my PC or putting into Standby mode but typically I have to reboot - then it works flawlessly again until it suddenly stops again If I step away from my PC for a while sometimes I come back and my whole internet connection isn t working I have only had this issue once on a wired LAN connection at the office - but i m typically connected wirelessly so that s when i ve seen it most I have installed Google Chrome in case it was an IE issue - but it appears to not be LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions IE specific I ve tried to restore IE - but that doesn t seem to have solved it either This happens on more than my wireless network though - so i m pretty convinced it s an issue with my PC and not my network or wireless router The issue is that I don t know if it s a hardware issue or a software registry etc issue I ve run McAfee checks CCleaner SpyBot etc - and they are all clean Any ideas on where to start Even pointing me in the right direction of what to do to see what is operating correctly or incorrectly when the issue starts would be very helpful Sorry for the long email - but it s a weird issue to describe and investigate Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions

Uninstall McAfee, run a registry cleaner and install Free AVAST or AVG and see if your connection troubles end

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-internet-connection-suddenly-lost-for-new-sessions.123685/
Relevancy 47.73%

DV6700US seems to have lost the wireless network connection. A sudden failure to print gave me a printer offline message. My iMac printed fine, then I realized my iMac could not see the laptop and the laptop could not see the iMac nor printer, but still has internet connection on the laptop. I now nothing about Windows 7. Please help.

A:suddenly lost printer connection but still have internet

Welcome to the forum.

It would help the experts if you posted more details about your set up, don't forget they can't see what you have so need as much information as possible to be able to help you.

Please give all details, make, model of the machines in question and how they all connect, with all the necessary details there will be someone who can help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243834-suddenly-lost-printer-connection-but-still-have-internet.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The wireless on HP Pavillion ZV worked fine until it stopped a few days ago Ipconfig shows media disconnected Pinging the router shows destination host unreachable I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the broadcom nic from device manager with no results Wireless zero config is on in services The wireless icon shows the router at It shows disconnected when trying to connect with the proper password as well as when encryption is disabled Windows firewall is turned off I used winsockfix Solved: wireless suddenly connection lost as well as netsh int ip reset rest log and netsh winsock reset catalog with no results I tried networking in safe mode and it said winsock errors I Solved: suddenly lost wireless connection used restore to go back Solved: suddenly lost wireless connection to when it worked but now it doesn t with same ipconfig media disconnected error The router works as my mother Solved: suddenly lost wireless connection who lives next door can get the internet wirelessly I bought a new wireless usb adapter disabled the onboard one and still get the media disconnected error The new adapter s utility picks up the router but can t connect I feel like I m missing something simple Please help thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

i ws simply using my phone nd when i opened PHOTOS AND VIDEO LOCKER APP it showed get started....all my images and some videos were not shown...so how to get them recovered...or have i lost those ? ..plz rply asap ...its an very important data

A:suddenly some app crashed and very important data is lost

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question i ws simply using my phone nd when i opened PHOTOS AND VIDEO LOCKER APP it showed get started....all my images and some videos were not shown...so how to get them recovered...or have i lost those ? ..plz rply asap ...its an very important data you can use a file explorer app to check your local data or use a pc and connect with USB to check the photos on the phone
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435630-suddenly-some-app-crashed-very-important-data-lost.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Last time i used inernet connetion using wifi is wednesday without download activity ,and then i want to browsing again on thursday, when i turnon the notebook , it isnt connect to my wifi, i checked device manager thats only realtek PCIe FR family controller , without wifi driver and bluetooth driver, do you know what possibility happen on my notebook?it might virus or something?Hope u guys can help me

A:Why my wifi suddenly lost? Hp pavillion 14 n037tx

Same here!!! I'm using an HP ProBook 4320s (Energy Star). I can't find any wireless driver in device manager on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I tried downloading several drivers but i can't connect to wifi and my laptop's wireless switch remains on. Everytime i boot up i get the Wireless Module error (701). I don't know what to do. I can browse the internet just fine with a LAN Cable connected. I honestly don't know what to do. Please help. Thanks in Advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Why-my-wifi-suddenly-lost-Hp-pavillion-14-n037tx/td-p/5698607
Relevancy 47.3%

While I was printing a document on Word 2010 Monday (using a Dell studio s15z laptop), and the printer just stopped mid-job. Troubleshooting, I turned it off, rebooted the laptop -- and now Word has no printers, it has even lost the option to print to a pdf file through Adobe Acrobat. When I try to add a printer I get "The Active Domain Directory Services is currently unavailable". I can still see the printers in "Devices and Printers" and just downloaded a new driver for the printer I have here at work (an HP Laserjet 1018). I print via USB cable, not a network, and can still see other printers (available via network, which I don't use) when I try to add a device via the control panel. But Word sees nothing and refused to 'add'. What gives? (updating Adobe Acrobat didn't help either)

A:Word 2010 suddenly lost all printers and won't add them back

Addendum. I have a new tab labelled Acrobat and can indeed print to a pdf via that tab. So perhaps this is a driver issue after all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/192746-word-2010-suddenly-lost-all-printers-wont-add-them-back.html
Relevancy 47.3%

DV6700US HP Laptop seems to have lost the wireless network connection. A sudden failure to print gave me a printer offline message. My iMac printed fine, then I realized my iMac could not see the laptop and the laptop could not see the iMac nor printer, but still has internet connection on the laptop. I now nothing about Windows 7. iMace is ethernet connected. Please help.

Relevancy 47.3%

Mad Dog MD-16xDVD9A2 running on WinXP, worked fine up until tonight. I went to burn a DVD (Memorex DVD+R) and all of a sudden it won't show any speed faster than 4x! It's supposed to go up to 16 and I normally burn at 12.

I normally use Memorex discs and have had no problems with them. +R and -R both work well. I have burned numerous discs from this particular pack and they have burned, verified, and played without problems. In fact, I burned a disc just a few days ago and it was fine! Nothing has changed - just the higher speeds have suddenly vanished!

Windows hardware manager says "the device is working properly."

Did an online driver scan and it found no problems with the driver. Downloaded firmware for the burner anyway but have not installed it.

Any reason why this burner should all of a sudden start misbehaving?

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone and thanks in advance I ve had a problem for a couple of days and I ve been trying various fixes found on this forum and other websites as well -week old modem and house everything worked fine until a couple days ago when various lost sources Suddenly problems.... net different connection, citing everything stopped working for no reason We were out for the day came home and found that nothing worked anymore I can connect to Google Youtube only on one computer I ve tried the ComboFix and SUPERantispyware fixes to no avail and have also tried flushing the Suddenly lost net connection, various sources citing different problems.... DNS ipv ipv etc as well as restarted the modem router etc Weird thing is that our secondary laptop can connect to the internet through Wan Miniport PPPOE with a Suddenly lost net connection, various sources citing different problems.... wired connection straight into the modem but our primary one still can t We ve tried different routers with no change The wireless network still works but has no internet access So that would suggest that the modem suddenly turned bad but we can still connect most of the time on this secondary laptop with a cable Windows is showing this error when I diagnose the connection Error the modem or other connecting device has reported an error FYI I am in Japan using NTT Yahoo BB on fiber optic Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Suddenly lost net connection, various sources citing different problems....

Sorry for the post, problem's been solved!

My buddy came over and worked on it for a bit. Apparently, after a week of using the network, the new DHCP settings kicked in, and both the router (which I guess can be a modem too?) and modem were both trying to control the DHCP, screwing everything up, or something. That's my translation based on my limited Japanese

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-lost-net-connection-various-sources-citing-different-problems.1088252/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all

I hope somebody can perhaps rescue me,

I have had win8 for approx 1 year and just upgraded to win8.1 last week.

I installed bitdefender total security at the same time and everything was fine for a few days until one morning I woke up my Laptop to find I couldnt open a software program. Further investigation has found that I can not alter anything on my machine.

I have only the one user account which has my name, email, Administrator and password protected showing.

I can use my laptop still but have no admin rights at all.

When i try to open command prompt (admin) it takes a few minutes to come back with an error saying cannot access specified path, file folder etc...

I am pulling my hair out as i cant even restore my system back to factory settings.

How can I restore my factory settings from this point??

A:Suddenly lost admin privileges and now unable to change

Are you able to login to administrator and give back your admin rights?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37967-suddenly-lost-admin-privileges-now-unable-change.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My family s main computer a -year-old Dell Inspiron desktop suddenly lost its internet connection today The computer is directly connected to a Medialink wireless router hooked up to the modem because the computer lacks wireless capability The router is working just fine as we still have our wireless network and can connect to the internet from every other device in the house The modem is working a bit obvious Network and Sharing Center claims to have connection lost Computer suddenly Solved: internet local connection but I m not so sure - I can t access Solved: Computer suddenly lost internet connection the router settings from a browser which I m sure I can do without an internet connection I take this to mean the computer can t communicate with the router so I tried swapping out the cable without luck I also tried using a different port on the router I still need to test the router ports by connecting my laptop to the router but I m guessing this Solved: Computer suddenly lost internet connection isn t the problem Could the problem be the computer s network card In the meantime I m trying to use a Medialink USB wireless adapter that I actually bought to use with an old Linux desktop It works fine with Linux and installed perfectly with Windows XP but for the life of me I can t get the driver to install with Vista This isn t exactly relevant to my original question but if anyone has experience with a similar issue advice would be greatly appreciated here as well Edit I did finally get the driver installed although it took no less than attempts Now to make it play nicely with McAfee Edit Just to confirm I tested the router with my laptop and the cable ports are working Since no network settings had been changed on the desktop computer I m still suspecting the network card but I d like someone to confirm my suspicions with some sort of test Edit I booted an Ubuntu Live CD to see if I could connect via ethernet and I can so it isn t the network card I d already looked at the network settings to see if anything caught my eye but I didn t notice that anything had changed Any ideas Are there any command prompt commands I can run to try to pinpoint the problem with the ethernet connection nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi and thanks in advance for any help I am - again! connection Connected can TV, it not working lost Laptop suddenly to then get very confused with my problem because I can not nail down where it comes from I lost the connection of my laptop named above to a Panasonic TX DTM TV The most confusing is that I had achieved a fully functional connection using a scart TV to S-Video laptop cable and I have been using it for a while Suddenly it stopped working and I can not get it to work again ever since I had not connected my laptop to TV in a while and when I tried to do it recently I realised the TV was not visible to my laptop although I had sorted this problem in the past When I had managed to get it working for the first time windows plug and play detected a new device TV monitor and automatically found and installed appropriate drivers So when I found out the TV was not recognised from my laptop I did again a search for new hardware windows detected it again but could not find any appropriate drivers As I could not find any drivers from various Panasonic support web-pages I decided to uninstall the quot Unidentified new hardware quot Connected Laptop to TV, then connection suddenly lost - can not get it working again! I was planning to upgrade to Connected Laptop to TV, then connection suddenly lost - can not get it working again! Windows so I hoped after my upgrade Windows Ultimate would Connected Laptop to TV, then connection suddenly lost - can not get it working again! detect the new hardware TV again and find the appropriate drivers My upgrade was smooth and posed no problems but checking for new hardware does not detect anything new now The only change between the last time I achieved the connection and when it stopped working was that I tried to address a conflict of my graphics card Mobile Intel R Graphics Chipset drivers with windows Vista resuming from sleep mode which made it freeze after resuming from sleep Vista detected this problem and suggested upgrading my drivers from Intel website After downloading the latest driver the problem was solved This is one possible cause why my TV connection stopped working but I am not sure there is any connection Another possibility would be a problem of incompatibility of the intel drivers with Windows but that not seens to be the case since Intel s latest drivers say they are appropriate with Windows Morever my problem started before doing the Windows upgrade so it started while I was using the same OS Vista with when I originally made the connection work Finally another possibility could be that the problem comes from the Intel drivers although they are the latest ones they might be somehow unable to achieve the connection Testing this hypothesis I noticed that Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows current version detects an additional display device when I connect the TV I have tried all options Single display dual display or extended desktop but nothing is projected on my TV When I use the extended desktop option which is the one I have been using before when the connection worked I notice that the only option for the additional display device is quot Notebook quot There should be an option to choose quot TV quot there but only quot Notebook quot is available amp his seems to be relevant to the cause of my problem but I don t know how to correct it As a conclusion My laptop is a Toshiba Satelite P current OS Windows ultimate Graphics Mobile Intel R with latest drivers installed Any recomedations are highly welcome as from my research in the web I did not come across any similar problem someone who had the Laptop to TV connection working suddenly losing it PS Except for the S-video my laptop has a VGA output and my TV has a RCA input except for the scart I could try using a relevant cable but I suspect the problem is not in the cable but the configuration Moreover I have read online that VGA to RCA cable might not work because of differences incompatibility of ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-laptop-to-tv-then-connection-suddenly-lost-can-not-get-it-working-again.890780/
Relevancy 47.3%

After closing a tab sound hear thing! a Lost a after computer can't shows sound crash, working but heavy google chrome window my pc had a crash during this crash the second of the song that was playing repeated til the pc rebooted After this tho I no longer have any sound at all from my computer I'm running windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack installed My speakers work Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! I checked them with my mp player and the pc isn't on mute or turned down to zero The strange part that confuses me tho is that the sound mixer window shows audio levels when i do play music or youtube but even with volume at full blast there is no audio as a work around for the time being i've set my pc to broadcast my pc's audio and then just use my lap top to tune into my station to listen to my music but this is getting old really Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! quick when i check Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! my sound card realtek high definition audio in device manager it says 'this device is working properly' is it possible my soundcard broke fried and it still showing it fine with audio levels moving

A:Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing!

I've seen that before. Try uninstalling then re-installing the drivers. Worked for me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537902/lost-sound-after-a-computer-crash-shows-sound-working-but-cant-hear-a-thing/
Relevancy 46.87%

Aspire 1830 (is this right forum?)  During a vacation my laptop suddenly lost WiFi capability.  Settings shows WiFi is ON.  The WiFi light on the front of the laptop indicate WiFi is ON.  But when I try to connect to something the computer sees no available networks. This problem arose just about the time the new Windows 10 update 1607 was installed.  Are others reporting WiFi problems with this Windows update?Networks are available because I can see them with my tablet.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Aspire-1830-suddenly-lost-WiFi-Settings-indicates-it-is-on/td-p/462665
Relevancy 46.87%

Aspire 1830 (is this right forum?)  During a vacation my laptop suddenly lost WiFi capability.  Settings shows WiFi is ON.  The WiFi light on the front of the laptop indicate WiFi is ON.  But when I try to connect to something the computer sees no available networks. This problem arose just about the time the new Windows 10 update 1607 was installed.  Are others reporting WiFi problems with this Windows update?Networks are available because I can see them with my tablet.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-Aspire-1830-suddenly-lost-WiFi-Settings-indicates-it-is-on/td-p/462665
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I have weird recurring problem with my laptop. After running chkdsk (which takes couple of hours) my hard drive becomes suddenly full. Normally I have about 150 - 200 GB of data on my laptop, after mentioned procedure, suddenly I have no space left as (according to My Computer space indicator). It happened to me before, full system recovery did the trick, but I would prefer to avoid it. I'm running windows 7 premium 64 bit on my Lenovo y580. I've tried exploring my disc with programs like treesize, but it shows that I have only 200GB in use... Another thing to mention that might help a bit is that during chkdsk /b, there was a huge number (100 million -ish) of sectors moved to bad cluster file (or something similar). Any advices? Many thanks for help!

A:Main hard drive suddenly full after running chkdsk (400-500 GB lost)

Both CHKDSK taking a long time and identification of lots of bad sections are clear indication of a failing drive.

The sooner you get stuff off this drive and onto another new drive, the better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/304036-main-hard-drive-suddenly-full-after-running-chkdsk-400-500-gb-lost.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi My Dlink Dir- seems to cabled lost DIR-825, connectivity, fine. works suddenly Solved: Dlink wireless have crapped Solved: Dlink DIR-825, suddenly lost cabled connectivity, wireless works fine. out on me I am looking for things I could do to confirm it has indeed died or if there s some setting that spontaneously changed that would prevent connectivity Yesterday I suddenly lost all internet on PCs running Windows other Vista and other XP connected via cable to my Dlink My other devices on the wireless network of my Dlink still had internet though This network has been up and running for at least a few months I have tried Restarting all of the computers Resetting the Dlink by unplugging and waiting seconds and also by pushing the reset button in the back for seconds Enabling disabling MAC address filtering Tried connecting a Mac as in OS X by cable to see if it was pc specific Mac couldn t connect via cable either PCs connected directly to Modem get to the internet fine so I m thinking it isn t the PC s internal cards taht are the problem Sometimes the PCs will say they are connected to Local and Internet or just Local but they never really are All the lights on the Dlink light up and blink saying that a connection is established Here is the ipconfig all I get while my vista PC is connected to the Dlink C Users Brousseau gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Brou Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dce f a ae ca f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-FE- - C-F - - - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Brousseau gt Click to expand Eagerly awaiting your help nbsp

A:Solved: Dlink DIR-825, suddenly lost cabled connectivity, wireless works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dlink-dir-825-suddenly-lost-cabled-connectivity-wireless-works-fine.1045034/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
i have lost the sound icon on the bottom right side of the screen and also the sound on the PC is now not working i found SNDVOL32 and try to run but comes up with the message below:

There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, Click Printers and other hardware, and then click Hardware.
this program will now close

after i have done this i got back Realtek HD Audio Manager but the sound comes out funny like an echo what can i do do get this back to normal?

please help

A:LOST sound icon and no sound working

go to sound and audio devices in control panel in the properties window click place volume control on the task bar once you can open the sound controls check none are in mute option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-icon-and-no-sound-working.884097/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,
sometimes audio work
but suddenly stop
Please help me
Thank you

Win7 Prof 32bit SP1 satC640
High Definition Audio

A:sound suddenly cut off

Generally, if you only have "High Definition Audio" that indicates the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver. That is not the actual sound driver for you sound hardware device. Suggest you check with the PC vendor for the actual sound driver. If they have Win 7 driver great, if they only have Vista that is OK as Vista drivers are applicable to Win 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/347173-sound-suddenly-cut-off.html
Relevancy 45.58%

One day the sound just stopped working. Rebooted...unplugged...tried the obvious. My computer tells me there is no audio device. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 45.58%

Good Morning,

System: Dell 8400

About 5 days ago I suddenly had no sound. As I checked the device manager I see there is no Soundmax driver there anymore. I have tried system restore but no luck. I have d/l drivers from Dell with no luck.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thank you very much,

Tony

A:Suddenly no sound!

Go to Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs>:Find the sound drivers (if any)Remove them.Go here: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...DIM_PNT_P4_8400Download Sound Drivers>Restart and it should work. Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323763/suddenly-no-sound/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was traveling several weeks ago and all of a sudden my speakers stopped working (around the same time I could no longer download Windows updates -- Broni worked with me on that and I am malware free and currently updated). I hooked up some external speakers and they don't work either. I don't even get the Windows sound when I boot up. I checked devices looking for that yellow triangle with the black exclamation point but there is no such thing.

Any suggestions on how I can find out what is wrong?

Thank you.

A:Suddenly, no sound

My sound device is "SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-no-sound.152678/
Relevancy 45.58%

Sound on youtube bad..skips & warbles.  Media player bad also.  SoundMax Analog speakers.  Control panel test shows all sounds good there..??  I'm perplexed and don't know what to do.  Can someone help? 

A:Suddenly, sound went bad.

Try the speakers with another device.

Play a music CD, see if problem remains.

Uninstall audio drives, then reinstall.

Run Windows Sound Troubleshooter (Help menu, type "audio") and DirectX troubleshooter/diagnostic.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523187/suddenly-sound-went-bad/
Relevancy 45.58%

the sound on my xp home edition has suddenly gone with regard to the sound of a rifle when the yahoo e mails come in
the piano sound when windows closes etc

i tested the microphone and that seems ok any ideas ?? thanks ................... stevo

A:sound suddenly gone

Maybe it's time to reload the rifle

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-suddenly-gone.160050/
Relevancy 45.58%

Everything has been working alright until today. Turned on my computer, went to YouTube to listen to some music and I'm not getting any sound at all. No sound in my games or anywhere else at all.

When I go on Skype and into the audio controls. It does register sound, but I'm not hearing anything.

What I'm using:
- Asus Xonar DX
- Steel Series Siberia V2 (analog)

A:Suddenly No Sound!

Hi ecko69x

I asume you have already checked, if anything has been unpluged by accident?

-What does it show in Sound -> Playback
(Windows + R -> mmsys.cpl)

- Any notifications in Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers?

- Any recent updates / changes recently?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/283963-suddenly-no-sound.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm running Windows 98 and I have been listening to mp3s on the Windows media player and Real jukebox with TBS
Montego II, Altec Lansing speakers w/ a sub-woofer. I have the equilizer off and just use default settings and the tunes
sounded great, until one fatefull day
it all sounded 'backwards'. All the music is still there, it just sounds as though someone has re-mixed it so now fore-ground
is in back-ground and visa-versa. My game sounds the same, we watch DVD's and that sounds fine and I think the .wav
files are fine, it just seems like the MP3's have been affected.
I'm not the only user of this desk top and I'm a bit of a comp newbie.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3s-suddenly-sound-different.174064/
Relevancy 45.58%

It's definitely not a hardware problem as one minute it's all working, then it suddenly stops. I've tried everything. My sound card drivers are all up to date, it also happens at the same time as youtube videos stop playing on google chrome (despite them loading), windows media player is unable to play and an error occured on youtube on firefox.
However after a few hours it finally lets me on the "configure speakers" setting and I click test and it begins to play sounds again, from then on it plays sound and loads videos. Is this a virus or a software problem? Please help!
Edit: When I click "test" it tells me "The device is being used by another application. Please close any devices that are playing audio to this device and then try again."

A:I suddenly get no sound from my pc?

You did not indicate you computer make and model also the sound card.

Uninstall the sound card driver in Device Manager and reboot, Windows will install its generic driver and check if the sound returns to normal.

Have you ran any registry cleaner lately, something may have corrupted Windows and a Refresh may be in order.

You may also try sfc /scannow in the elevated command prompt, it will take a while.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/50509-i-suddenly-get-no-sound-my-pc.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I've just been browsing the threads for answers and see that Kyte Eternal posted exactly my problem on a thread entitled "No sound on computer". Trouble is, his problem was solved before the next step was given.

I have checked everything, including my device drivers and nothing seems to be wrong. I used headphones and speakers but nothing is coming out of any of them. When Windows boots up, there isn't even the MS chime.

As with Kyte's problem this happened suddenly, everything was fine yesterday. It doesn't seem to be drivers and I have no "CD that came with the computer" because it was built from scratch by my son.

Yes, I could get him to look at it but I'm an independent old gal, and I'd like to solve it - if you can give me any advice on how to do that.
Thanks a million

Relevancy 45.58%

I can hear the sound when I play a video in ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CC 2015,
but I can't hear the sound when I play a video at VLC or QUICKTIME.
But I can hear the sound from youtube.
How can I solve this problem??
Virus attacked my computer. I deleted all virus with different software and no virus now.
But now no sound....... Can you help??

THank you!!!!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127711-no-sound-suddenly.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Today i did a system recovery and reformat my pc. I notice anytime i am watching videos or playing games the audio is surprisingly low all of a sudden. Before when my volume level was at 1 or 2 it plays really loud and clear now i have to turn it up all the way to 18- 26, I am using external speakers i dont know what the problem could be any ideas?

Relevancy 45.58%

I have some very strange symptoms. Everything was working just fine this morning. This afternoon I went to play a game and suddenly there was no sound. Windows Media also won't play anything, it keeps giving me an error message.

I've tried everything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I've reinstalled the recommended codecs. I've run Anti-Malware, IOBit, and AVG with no luck finding any virus or registry problems. I even tried to do a System Restore and it won't let.

At this point, I'm stumped and am looking for any help I can get. I'd hate to have to reload the OS.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Suddenly No Sound

Try to install brand new "Realtek AC '97" HD audio driver from Realtek

It shows like this:
Windows7 Driver (32/64 bits) Driver only (ZIP file)R2.32-----2009/9/3-----35842kB

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/246001-suddenly-no-sound.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have seen many many posts from others saying that their sound was gone but none of the solutions I have seen fit my situation Odd issue just happened XP home service pack Sony laptop model VGNFE G Sound stopped working Plugged in external speakers and still get no sound Sound properties everything is normal there is nothing missing or grayed out Device manager shows no yellow exclaimation points or issues with any sound devices Have tried to remove and reinstall sound devices several times already no no avail Tried downloading updated drivers both fro Sigmatek which is the default on machine and even tried using realtek and sound blaster utilties drivers just for kicks Nothing seems to work But windows shows there to be no issues Any ideas I did notice one odd element in control panel one of the selections is quot Sound Reality Audio quot and it is right next to the normal sound devices option I have no idea what this is or how to get rid of that gone suddenly Sound - Perhaps it is interfering with my regular audio I did select quot use default devices quot from the normal audio options Sound gone suddenly ANy help would be great

A:Sound gone suddenly

Same OS I use. I can try to help.

When I had this problem, the way I fixed it was Control Panel> Sound audio devices>Audio>Sound playback HD audio rear output

Make sure Control Panel> Sound audio devices>Audio>Volume>Device Volume at high(the end)

Control Panel> Sound audio devices>Audio>Volume>Speaker Settings>Advance>Performance all of them at full.

Control Panel> Sound audio devices>Audio>Volume>Speaker Settings>Speaker Volume all high.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311498/sound-gone-suddenly/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello! I suddenly have no sound. 
Device Manager says "High Definition Audio Device: This device is working properly."

I know nothing about drivers, where to find them, how to update them, etc.

The only thing I can think went wrong is I removed media player from startup because I was getting a bunch of adware popups to update media player, update codex, etc.

What do you think?

A:Suddenly - no sound.

Hello! Here's a place for you to start!!
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-7&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab3&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1
PS A easy fix might be to restore to a earlier time when you had sound and before you removed Media player from start ups.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534659/suddenly-no-sound/
Relevancy 45.58%

I added a sound card to this computer It was working fine but for the last few months the sound will just suddenly go away The only way to get away suddenly goes Sound it back is to shutdown restart During shutdown the windows chime will go off I ve had it stop in the middle of playing a youtube video--usually if Sound suddenly goes away it is paused then restarted It as just stopped during games pandora etc Sound will not return unless computer is shutdown restarted Any thoughts how to fix Thank you Nicole Here are my computer specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI ES Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc YH Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-suddenly-goes-away.1031079/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

Yesterday, while watching videos on Youtube suddenly the sound level went drastically down. There's still sound, the volume is just really really low.
I have checked the audio levels (both on my system and the youtube volume) and they are maxed out.
When I play a CD or for that matter, watch videos elsewhere online, the sound is fine. (oddity: the sound on youtube is also fine if it is linked through another page, for instance I can hear the video on http://trine-thegame.com/site/ just fine, but it is a youtube video... ?! )

Any ideas on what happened yesterday and how I should fix it?
(Btw, I have a laptop with windows XP)

Cheers
Emzer

A:Suddenly very low sound

first thing i would do this probably isnt going to work by try it anyway erase all cookies, then run a antirus program, then if that all fails the probable cause is a driver issue. follow process: only if you have a sound card driver disk if not you can make one!
Shutdown pc
disconect back power cord
use a anti static wrist band or something to ground yourself
take out the sound card
wait a few seconds then put it back in
boot pc
put you driver disk in for your sound card and reinstall sound card drivers
this should solve the problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/suddenly-very-low-sound-446390.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hello vista forums, today ichanged my language for non-unicode programs to another language, to make a foreign program work, after i restarted my computer, the sound doesn't work. on the bottom right on my taskbar, i can see that the speaker has 3 lines coming out, so my computer definitely isn't mute.

how do i possibly fix this?

A:suddenly no sound

Try system restore to a time before you made the changes.
Go to start menu,all programs,accessories,system tools,system restore.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/287909-suddenly-no-sound.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Sound working fine on new computer, but now deafening silence! Have checked volumes on control panel but all seem fine. Have flat screen monitor with integrated speakers. Have teenagers who deny changing/doing anything to it, but not convinced. No sounds on windows media, aol welcome, email alerts etc. Can anyone help please? Thanks

A:suddenly no sound !

Look in device manager for yellow. May need to reinstall driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-no-sound.350492/
Relevancy 45.15%

When I try to play music in Windows Media and RealPlayer it says something like quot Cannot open audio device Another application may be using it quot This appeared about ten minutes after I had no problem with audio I think Computer My No Sound. Has Suddenly it could be one of the following problems but I m not sure I have NCH software suite programs Soudtap RecordPad and Verbose installed they came along with Express Burn so I just included them incase I would want to use it I was trying to figure out how they worked and I pressed record a few times but I had no problem with my RealPlayer and Windows audio I don t know if these programs are still running without my knowledge but I ve closed them out Right before the problem started my AVG My Computer Suddenly Has No Sound. antivirus detected a couple of trojans so I sent them to the virus vault and emptied it without reading where they were located I think it may be possible that one of the Trojans was found in the sound device and maybe I deleted it I m not sure My computer is infected with WinAntivirus This program has already removed entry to My Computer Suddenly Has No Sound. the Control Panel Task manager and command prompt by creating an Administrator account I don t mean to make this confusing I guess my question is whether or not I should download a new soundcard or if there s a way to My Computer Suddenly Has No Sound. restore the old one If I need to download a new one where is the safest most reliable site Is it possible to get a quality sound device for free Also a family member is going to reinstal Windows XP this weekend to get rid of the WinAntivirus problems Is it possible that removing the NCH software may restore the sound Thanks for any help I m working on a Hewlett Packard pavilion PC

A:My Computer Suddenly Has No Sound.

Sorry, I found the solution to my audio problem. one of those programs, somehow reset my default setings for sound playback after a reboot. I will start a new topic for my WinAntivirus question.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107046/my-computer-suddenly-has-no-sound/
Relevancy 45.15%

All of a sudden this afternoon, no sound coming out of my computer. Not sure how or why? Volume is up on speakers, and they are carefully plugged in. Volume control on the task bar is up and not muted. Legacy audio drivers seem to be working fine. Any suggestions?

...Update. Apparently some programs have sound, like itunes. I ran and my music seems to play fine. No normal windows sounds though, and a game I just installed has no sound either...

A:suddenly no sound, windows xp pro

Can't help you but I have the same problem. My sound comes and goes. I even bought new speakers. I asked before and no one ne wthe answer. At least this will bump it back to the top of the page. Maybe someone can help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-no-sound-windows-xp-pro.365318/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am using Vista, and it states "No Audio output device is installed."

I go to device manager, Sound, Video and Game Controllers has suddenly disappeared.

Reinstalling the driver did nothing to help the problem

Is it possible that the speakers were unplugged somehow? I do carry the laptop around with me.

A:Laptop sound suddenly gone.

Go into services.msc and make sure that the Audio Service is running and set to automatic.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-sound-suddenly-gone-332471.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have no idea whats happened, but sound just gone from my laptop, it happened first time to me after i turned off laptop and turned on few hours later.
Most interesting that i still see the sound bar jumping in windows volume controller

so its seems windows thinks that sound works just fine, while i play mp3 file, windows gives no erros at all. I also use SRS WOW HD sound filter, witch one also shows jumping bars

and the drivers seems, ok, no errors at all

what could be possibly wrong? idk what to try to do :/

A:Suddenly sound gone from laptop o.o

the first thing i would check is to see if anything is muted. right-click the speaker icon next to the clock and select "open volume mixer".
if that doesnt solve the problem, right-click the icon again and select "playback devices" and make sure the correct device is set as default.
most laptops have hotkeys to turn devices on and off. make sure you didnt inadvertantly press one.
if you use external speakers, disconnect the power for about 15 minutes. and also make sure they are plugged in to the correct port on the laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/118719-suddenly-sound-gone-laptop-o-o.html
Relevancy 45.15%

This morning, the sound stopped working, however, the only sound i can get is if i go to the realtek sound manager thing by gigabyte tech. (Audio device:Realtek AC97 i think) and then start the jack sense thing. I get a few 'zap' sounds but if i play music, then the music will play with the 'zaps' but only for a second or 2, then no sound.
After the jack-sense, i get a pop up saying i needa check the front and center/subwoofer speakers, but the speakers are in-built to my monitor, so i don't know what to do...

Sound was working fine yesterday, but failed this morning.

help?

P.S. i tried plugging in several headphones on the front of the comp, but no sound.

A:Suddenly sound stopped, help.

Okay Syzion

This is primarily due to two things:

1. Your Sound-drivers are either not there anymore.

2. Your Sound card is defective.

Check your Sound card Drivers first:

If Windows Go> Start> Control Panel > Sound Settings > I think its the General Tab it should allow you to move the sound up and down. If it "grayed out" then
your sound card drivers are missing. (sorry I am on a MAC right now)

OR-->Start>My Computer> Device Manager> Check under the Sound Card make sure there is NO yellow "?" on the Sound-card realtek..
I would right click on the Sound Card and click "Update Drivers"

Post your reply to see if the Drivers are there...

Than-you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310630/suddenly-sound-stopped-help/
Relevancy 45.15%

I m forced to use an IBM ThinkPad that was made for Windows NT and but was recently updated with XP Pro It s good enough as of now but my one issue with it is that sound playback is crap and when you want to watch a video on Stops So, Sound The Suddenly say YouTube you barely can because the video skips and the sound plays ahead of what is shown on the video And when I m listening to an mp the song will warp and sound distorted for a millisecond every seconds or so Doesn t sound So, The Sound Suddenly Stops like much but it gets annoying I finally came here because I need to find a solution to this I went on YouTube today to watch some videos but I couldn t because I couldn t hear anything I tried checking the volume on the laptop but an error message came up saying quot There are no active mixer devices available To install mixer devices go to Control Panel click Printers and Other Hardware and then click Add Hardware This program will now close quot I ve tried it Don t know what to do further than clicking on Add Hardware This has never happened before so why is it happening now I ve tried using System Restore I thought it worked at first but that was before I realized that I can still hear sound on the laptop but I just can t hear sound from programs I guess this happened overnight because this wasn t happening previously What could be wrong

A:So, The Sound Suddenly Stops

I would try installing this. Works for me.http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161340/so-the-sound-suddenly-stops/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have normal sound on my laptop Suddenly nbsp I no longer have nbsp sound on my TV when I have my laptop connected through to TV HDMI Sound gone suddenly to it via HDMI It was working and then one day it stopped nbsp THings I ve tried Showing disabled devices Updating Sound through HDMI to TV gone suddenly drivers factory restore nbsp I believe I may be missing the Intel HDMI sound driver for the graphics card I've tried to install and run every available graphics card and sound card driver on the Support page for the laptop but it hasn't resolved the issue nbsp System specs nbsp Operating System nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft Windows Pro nbsp nbsp nbsp Central Processor nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz nbsp nbsp nbsp User Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Josh Graphics nbsp nbsp nbsp Video Adapter nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel R HD Graphics nbsp nbsp nbsp Video Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp GB nbsp nbsp nbsp Screen Resolution nbsp nbsp nbsp x Storage nbsp nbsp nbsp Total Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp GB nbsp nbsp nbsp M Mem Free nbsp nbsp nbsp GB nbsp nbsp nbsp Total Harddisk nbsp nbsp nbsp GB nbsp nbsp nbsp Free Hardkisk nbsp nbsp nbsp GB I O nbsp nbsp nbsp Mouse nbsp nbsp nbsp Synaptics PS Port TouchPad nbsp nbsp nbsp Keyboard nbsp nbsp nbsp Standard PS KeyboardTopOperating System Computer System nbsp nbsp nbsp Computer Name nbsp nbsp nbsp KAMS-PC nbsp nbsp nbsp RegisteredOwner nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft nbsp nbsp nbsp Organization nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft Operating System nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft Windows Pro nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Internet Explorer Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft DirectX Version nbsp nbsp nbsp DirectX nbsp nbsp nbsp OpenGL Version nbsp nbsp nbsp th release - Registry nbsp nbsp nbsp Maximum Size nbsp nbsp nbsp MB nbsp nbsp nbsp Current Size nbsp nbsp nbsp MB nbsp nbsp nbsp Status nbsp nbsp nbsp OKTopProcessor MainBoard Central Processor nbsp nbsp nbsp CPU Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz nbsp nbsp nbsp NumberOfLogicalProcessors nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Code Name nbsp nbsp nbsp N A nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp nbsp GenuineIntel nbsp nbsp nbsp Current Clock Speed nbsp nbsp nbsp Mhz nbsp nbsp nbsp Max Clock Speed nbsp nbsp nbsp Mhz nbsp nbsp nbsp Voltage nbsp nbsp nbsp V nbsp nbsp nbsp External Clock nbsp nbsp nbsp Mhz nbsp nbsp nbsp Serial Number nbsp nbsp nbsp BFEBFBFF nbsp nbsp nbsp CPU ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel Family Model Stepping nbsp nbsp nbsp Socket Designation nbsp nbsp nbsp CPU nbsp nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp KB Motherboard nbsp nbsp nbsp Model nbsp nbsp nbsp D nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp nbsp Hewlett-Packard nbsp nbsp nbsp Serial Number nbsp nbsp nbsp CNU HVP nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Default System BIOS nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS Vendor nbsp nbsp nbsp Hewlett-Packard nbsp nbsp nbsp SMBIOS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp CDE Ver F nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS Date nbsp nbsp nbsp - - BIOS Features nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI is supported nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp PC Card PCMCIA is supported nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS is Upgradable Flash nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS shadowing is allowed nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Boot from CD is supported nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Selectable Boot is supported nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp EDD Enhanced Disk Drive Specification is supported nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Int h Print Screen Service is supported nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Int h Keyboard services are supported nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Int h Serial Services are supported nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Int h printer services are supported nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp ACPI supported nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp USB Legacy is supported nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Smart Battery supported nbsp nbsp nbsp YesTopMemory Device Memory Resource nbsp nbsp nbsp Total Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp GB nbsp nbsp nbsp Used... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-through-HDMI-to-TV-gone-suddenly/td-p/5796622