Windows Support Forum

What to upgrade first?

Q: What to upgrade first?

Hi guys In the coming months is my to upgrade first? What th and I also start my apprenticeship in October which means I ll finally be earning a steady income I know I m definitely going to upgrade by the end of the year but I have a What to upgrade first? few questions first but first let me show you my current rig CPU AMD Phenom ii X T GHz MOBO Asus M A L microATX GPU AMD Radeon HD PSU Colors-IT W RAM Corsair Vengeance GB MHz Right so the issues I m facing here is whether I should do it all in one go and save up or do it gradually and if I do either I just want a second opinion on compatibility So I was planning on either upgrading to CPU Intel i - K GHz MOBO Gigabyte Z -HD GPU Nvidia GTX GeForce PSU Corsair CX W So I could either by the CPU MOBO and PSU together and transfer my old stuff for a few months or I could get the GPU and use that with my existing rig for a few months My questions are Would the GTX work with my current motherboard amp power supply What offers the biggest jump in gaming performance Thanks guys it s would be a great help The upgrade should cost me about in total I m not sure how much I ll get for my th and if I do whether I want to burn through it all right away so I d rather do it in or so chunks which conveniently it splits up into for CPU PSU amp MOBO and then for GPU nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: What to upgrade first?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: What to upgrade first?

The GPU offers biggest jump in gaming performance, but it recommends a 600W PSU. Considering you have an old Athlon 6-core CPU that chews power, and an old no-name PSU, I wouldn't risk it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-upgrade-first.202593/
Relevancy 29.24%

I'm trying to find out the easiest way to go about upgrading from Windows Home Premium bit to Windows Ultimate bit and what issues I might run into I don't want to reinstall everything Or anything if possible so am looking for the easiest option to upgrade Anytime upgrade offers the upgrade at a bit expensive I found a seller on ebay selling quot Microsoft Windows Ultimate -Bit Full Digital Download Key quot for a lot less He has about feedback at My question is can I use the key from this and enter it into the 'Enter an upgrade key' Premium Ultimate reinstall? Upgrade Anytime from or Home - to Upgrade box during the Anytime Upgrade Will I run into problems doing this Alternatively I could get a copy of Ultimate from Digital River burn it to Upgrade to Ultimate from Home Premium - Anytime Upgrade or reinstall? a disk or thumb drive use the key from the ebay seller above and try to do an 'upgrade' install over the top of my current Windows Home Premium install I don't know if this is even possible Any suggestions are welcome Thanks

A:Upgrade to Ultimate from Home Premium - Anytime Upgrade or reinstall?

The best way for any install is ALWAYS a clean install. Believe me you will have less problems and headaches than an upgrade. It would be worth your while to reinstall your software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348440-upgrade-ultimate-home-premium-anytime-upgrade-reinstall.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I am trying to prep a computer to give to a friend Last night I reformatted it using the recovery discs that came with it It is a Tosh Satellite A Today I have been finding and installing updates to the system trying to prepare it for an upgrade to win which is no easy task since I have had to 7 XP caught by issues Upgrade Advis upgrade to incompatibility windows go out and find some of the drivers and service pack I am using the Windows Upgrade Advisor and need input on which of these issues really are issues and which I can skip and just install new once I upgrade Adobe issues -- I uninstalled it Toshiba Blue Tooth Stack for xp version -- XP to windows 7 upgrade incompatibility issues caught by Upgrade Advis I downloaded and installed version but have not uninstalled It XP to windows 7 upgrade incompatibility issues caught by Upgrade Advis doesn't make sense to my feeble brain why I would have to uninstall if I installed unless it is because I downloaded the instead of upgrading to it Here is a list of the rest MS NET Framework --I downloaded and installed a later version so which version do I need to find Toshiba ConFigFree -- No clue what this is Intel ProSet Wireless software -- ZeroCfgSvc Application -- No clue Toshiba Utilities -- I have updated everything available from ms so is this another one that I have to go find and if so what version To be uninstalled unless someone suggests otherwise Messenger Realplayer Realtek HD audio driver Sonic Record now Yahoo music engine Thanks a bunch in advance for any help

A:XP to windows 7 upgrade incompatibility issues caught by Upgrade Advis

1st, you can't upgrade from XP to Windows 7, you have to do a Clean Install which means boot the DVD and format the drive, so nothing you do to XP will have any effect.

Having said that, you can cheat

See here: Upgrade Install - XP to Windows 7

My recommendation would be to do an image backup of the XP system then do a Clean Install (with format), apply all updates then start restoring your data from the backup. All software will have to be reinstalled, it can't be copied from the backup to Win 7.

Good tutorials here:

Clean Install Windows 7
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/259803-xp-windows-7-upgrade-incompatibility-issues-caught-upgrade-advis.html
Relevancy 29.24%

AIM 6.5 Upgrade causes media to no longer play on versions of Vista DO NOT UPGRADE...the cause of media no longer playing on Windows Media Player and iTunes and all other media players was linked on my PC to the download and installation of AIM 6.5. It also caused my network icon in my system tray show i was no longer connected to a network, and it was an unknown network.

To fix these problems use the system restore program that Vista comes with and restore your PC to a saved version before your installation of AIM 6.5.

Hopefully this helps everyone having these problems.

Note: Aim will no longer work after doing system restore, so you have to re-install in, and if you dont have the install package for 6.0 saved somewhere on your computer do not re-install 6.5, go to the aim site and look for the classic version 5.9.

A:AIM 6.5 Upgrade causes media to no longer play on versions of Vista DO NOT UPGRADE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-6-5-upgrade-causes-media-to-no-longer-play-on-versions-of-vista-do-not-upgrade.645302/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have got myself into a bit of a mess.

I installed my version of windows starter on my mom's PC which was previously running vista. To see if it improved the performance or if the laptop itself was rubbish. It did so I purchased an upgrade to windows home premium. When I enter the upgrade key it says I need the current key is invalid for upgrade and that I need to phone a number. Does this mean the software I brought is useless. I didn't want to buy a disc as I had read that using a upgrade key meant everything was kept. Is there anyway I can use the software I've brought. The computer recognises the key as an upgrade one.
Thanks.

A:Windows upgrade starter to premium current key not valid for upgrade

Quote:
I installed my version of windows starter on my mom's PC which was previously running vista.

You can not use the Windows Starter from your Notebook on your mother PC.
Doing so would be a invalid upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/307006-windows-upgrade-starter-premium-current-key-not-valid-upgrade.html
Relevancy 29.24%

first time upgrade windows phone lumia 640 xl to windows 10 mobile after 9 th august can i received anniversary update version?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434534-first-time-upgrade-windows-10-mobile-anniversary-upgrade-can-received.html
Relevancy 29.24%

To avoid the Student Win 7 hassle (upgrading Vista 32 to Win 7 Pro 64 bit ISO burn, etc), can I simply use the Home Prem 32 Upgrade (for my other computer) arriving this afternoon with my 64bit Pro upgrade key & end up with the 64bit Pro installation?

Thanks.

A:Win7 Pro 64bit Upgrade Key w/ Prem 32bit Upgrade Disk

No... you can only update to the same version that you have installed... Home to Home... etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30556-win7-pro-64bit-upgrade-key-w-prem-32bit-upgrade-disk.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everyone Current PC specs listed above to get it out Time RAM these..graphics choices?? card upgrade.. input / on to upgrade of the way I am a gamer This upgrade is to allow me to play some of the newer Time to upgrade.. input on these..graphics card / RAM upgrade choices?? games such as The Witcher and also to enable me to utilize DX when I eventually upgrade to Vista RAM this is what I have found I do not overclock Time to upgrade.. input on these..graphics card / RAM upgrade choices?? and I am very happy with the matched pair of Corasir XMS MB Time to upgrade.. input on these..graphics card / RAM upgrade choices?? C running at that I currently have so I figured the safe bet is in just jumping to a matched pair of MB sticks of the same http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Graphics card I do have a budget and from the reviews I have read this card should carry me through the gaming world for at least the next year hopefully I like eVGA and I have nothing but good things to say about the eVGA GS that I am currently using But if anyone has some input as to problems with the card listed below or if you know of another card that will perform just as well or better for around the same price I would like to hear about it http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Time to upgrade.. input on these..graphics card / RAM upgrade choices??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/time-to-upgrade-input-on-these-graphics-card-ram-upgrade-choices.681708/
Relevancy 29.24%

Yesterday I clean-installed Windows Pro x on an old Dell Vostro laptop which had been running Windows Ultimate and it activated and ran fine without even a single exclamation point upgrade Upgrade must - 8 to BIOS failed System 8.1 Windows in Device Manager I applied the update necessary to make the Store offer and proceeded to install it as I've done on a couple other machines After downloading the thing it errored Windows 8 to 8.1 Upgrade failed - must upgrade System BIOS out with Couldn't install Windows Contact your Windows 8 to 8.1 Upgrade failed - must upgrade System BIOS PC manufacturer to see if you can upgrade the System BIOS When I clicked the OK button it then gave me the informative and grammar-challenged error box Something happened and the Windows couldn't be installed Please try again Error code xc Try again Cancel Ever the optimist I clicked Try again and of course it proceeded to download all over again from scratch only to error out in the same way I then downloaded all the Windows updates although just the one had been necessary on my other machines that successfully upgraded to and tried again only to get the same result Today I've discovered the Windows Compatibility Assistant which avoids the lengthy download of the upgrade every time Microsoft maybe you should run it implicitly before downloading GB of transient data and it tells me This PC doesn't meet system requirements Contact your PC manufacturer to see if you can upgrade the System BIOS Obviously no BIOS updates are available and I'm simply wondering if anyone knows what exactly is the problem here with my BIOS The obvious googling turned up nothing except some people with Sony Vaios that had the same problem which was corrected with a BIOS update and of course there is no information on what their BIOS update does to make the upgrade possible

A:Windows 8 to 8.1 Upgrade failed - must upgrade System BIOS

Store upgrade is more hassle than it's worth...Can't see how bios version can prevent the upgrade...

If you can download a full ISO - try that rather.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/49357-windows-8-8-1-upgrade-failed-must-upgrade-system-bios.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I installed Win RC Build Can Upgrade... I to Ahead Looking and Apps? RC Upgrade Build Preserve over Win on my quot experimental quot spare laptop I have seen web posts that you cannot directly upgrade Win RC to Win RTM without going through some special steps and modifying one of the install files My question is is Looking Ahead to Upgrade... Can I Upgrade RC Build and Preserve Apps? if I purchase WIN Pro on Oct will I be able to easily upgrade to it from my RC Build preserving Looking Ahead to Upgrade... Can I Upgrade RC Build and Preserve Apps? setting and apps or will I have to basically do a clean install or some some quot special steps quot as in the RTM case to accomplish an upgrade of RC And by apps I am referring to my installed programs like Office Photoshop Quicken and tons of other programs I have installed Just looking ahead to how much work I might be facing later this month If I cannot do an easy upgrade install of Win Pro over my RC Build maybe I will just bag it and forego Win and go back and do a clean install of my Win media Hopefully I have better choices

A:Looking Ahead to Upgrade... Can I Upgrade RC Build and Preserve Apps?

I think so, just click Upgrade on the installation process and everything will be intact. Anyway, if you upgrade to Windows 8 RTM and all apps from RC are gone (like what you get from a clean install), you can just sign in on your Windows Live account and re-download all your apps from "my apps" page in the Microsoft Store, though the settings that you had for RC won't get imported.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10044-looking-ahead-upgrade-can-i-upgrade-rc-build-preserve-apps.html
Relevancy 29.24%
A:if i upgrade lumia 640 xl via upgrade advisor app which build are download?

Hi, 10586.494 will be downloaded (although it will probably come in 2 parts, .007 first and then .494)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434030-if-i-upgrade-lumia-640-xl-via-upgrade-advisor-app-build-download.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a copy of MS Office Professional 2003 that has been installed and working fine for 2 years. Now (perhaps as a result of a Microsoft update ?) I am told that it is not genuine and will fail to work in 10 days. The invalidity is confirmed at http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/ It seems this is part of a bunch of product keys that purport to be one in a series of a volume licence but were really stolen.

Do I need to buy a full retail edtion of Office Professional 2007 or will an upgrade version be acceptable to the activation code ?

A:Will an upgrade version of MS Office see a hookey one as a qualification for upgrade

If you purchased this as a legal, retail version, then contact Microsoft about the false notification.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-an-upgrade-version-of-ms-office-see-a-hookey-one-as-a-qualification-for-upgrade.872397/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi Guys, Is there any way to upgrade from HDD to SSD in HP Pavillion n012tx? I also wanted to change the stock keyboard to a backlit keyboard. This changes will improve the longevity of my laptop for about a year or two I guess. Any help will be appreciated, I will be sad if the forum ignores though. Love for all.  Thanks Arghya  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-to-SSD-fromHDD-and-upgrade-stock-keyboard-to-backlit/td-p/5676867
Relevancy 29.24%

Like the title said, I'm getting random BSOD after upgrading to SSD and RAM.
Initially I thought it was the Intel Rapid Technology, because the system improved after I've installed. But now it still BSOD, but less frequent.

Here are my dump files and jcgriff2 files

Minidump.7z

Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.7z

Edit: Sorry I didn't put my CPU config, silly me.
Asus u46SV
Intel Core i5-2410M
2 x 4GB Corsair Value Select Ram (NEW+NEW)
GeForce GT 540M
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB firmware v1.5 (Latest+NEW)

A:BSOD After SSD upgrade and Ram upgrade in Laptop. Mostly IRQL errors

Welcome
Have you updated to the latest firmware for your SSD?

Quote:
STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner,
Backup tool, compatibility

STOP 0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Usual causes: Device driver, memory

STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM),
Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS

Suggestions:

Kaspersky does cause BSoDs. Please uninstall it and use Microsoft Security Essentials (at least to test)

Free up your start-up, keep nothing except the antivirus
→ Startup Programs - Change

Take memtest. Run for 4/5 passes
→ RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Run Disk Check for file system errors and bad sectors on it
→ Disk Check

Let us know the results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256759-bsod-after-ssd-upgrade-ram-upgrade-laptop-mostly-irql-errors.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi All I have a lot of programs and data so I recently upgraded my Windows XP SP setup to Windows Vista for Business with the intent of upgrading all the way up to Win and Win but I cannot get Windows Vista SP to upgrade nbsp I have tried many ways including all of the fixits through Windows update and through the stand alone nbsp I have also tried all of these steps all to Upgrade continue Vista Business upgrade SP1 so can not to will I Windows to no avail You can't install updates in Windows Vista Windows Windows Server or Windows Server R KB You receive a quot x quot error code when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates KB Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web site quot x B quot KB Error message when you try to upgrade Windows Vista to a more advanced version of Windows Vista quot Windows could not configure one or more system components To install Windows restart the computer and then restart the installation quot KB In Windows Update it says successful installation sometimes but then just keeps offering the Vista SP update nbsp Please help Thanks very much Windows Vista Business will not upgrade to SP1 so I can continue to Upgrade nbsp I have my CBS log and Windowsupdate log and I can post but don't see how to do that nbsp nbsp Barry

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4f8168d5-15ed-4afd-af20-e6697f1a129d/windows-vista-business-will-not-upgrade-to-sp1-so-i-can-continue-to-upgrade?forum=itprovistamigration
Relevancy 29.24%

I'm about to buy a new laptop from Costco with Win 7 Home Premium. On my old (now smashed) laptop I have a Win 7 Ultimate install. Can I just use the Ultimate serial key to do the Anytime Upgrade on the new machine? I keep reading that I need to buy an "upgrade key."

Thanks

A:Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade with non-upgrade Ultimate license?

Hi,
You will need an upgrade key to initiate the ultimate download, but if you can manage to obtain an ultimate installation cd your serial should work, also if you use this winisoutils - Windows ISO Disc Image Utilities

you can change a windows install cd (if you have one) into a universal edition one, very handy.

to answer your question an upgrade key is not the same as a serial, the upgrade key is just to download the installation while the serial activates it, and a serial from one edition will not work with a different edition.

hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/222145-windows-7-anytime-upgrade-non-upgrade-ultimate-license.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I recently obtained an upgrade for Vista Ultimate I'm currently running Vista Home Premium dated According to won't Upgrade Install option Ultimate upgrade--only Clean given the upgrade chart it's supposed to be perfectly fine to upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate However I get past the product key dialog and the next one indicates that my system is not capable of taking an upgrade but can perform a clean install Strange I went on-line and ran into a blitz of different answers to this problem but finally found something that might look like the reason Q Could this problem be occuring because I have Vista Home Premium SP applied and my Ultimate Anytime Upgrade only includes SP A Yes you would need to uninstall the Windows Vista SP and then upgrade to Ultimate Upgrade won't upgrade--only Clean Install option given Windows Ultimate Upgrade won't upgrade--only Clean Install option given Vista Ultimate Note An upgrade always begins Ultimate Upgrade won't upgrade--only Clean Install option given at the desktop After uninstalling Windows Vista SP boot to the Windows Vista Home Premium desktop then insert the Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade DVD disc in the DVD drive Is this right Do I need to roll back SP in order to do the upgrade to Ultimate then re-apply SP once it completes Also side note question I entered my product key and then the installation type dialog came up next after a few moments Does this mean my product key passed the validation I just want to be sure that my product will activate as I bought this nd hand and was assured that it wasn't activated

A:Ultimate Upgrade won't upgrade--only Clean Install option given

I am not going to answer your question, directly, but will say that a clean install is always better. Go with the clean install. You do not save time with an upgrade if you take into account the multitude of problems that may occur.
Back up your stuff, use Windows Easy Transfer and all you need to do is reinstall your software and you have the very best installatio, a clean install.
Enter your key after you have used the system for a few days, your software is all installed and you are satisfied, you have 30 days, which can be extended.
Clean Install From Upgrade Vista
Would you want your old car after being detailed or a brand new 2012 car, it works the same with the OS.
If you choose not to use my advice, you need to have SP1 with an SP1 install.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296558-ultimate-upgrade-wont-upgrade-only-clean-install-option-given.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I bought a Win 7 Professional upgrade disk at retail and want to use it to upgrade a new computer that has Win 7 Home Professional installed. The installation stopped and I was directed to use Windows Anytime Upgrade to do the job. Microsoft expects me to purchase a key in order to perform the upgrade. Can I ignore this and use the disk I have? If so, what's the procedure?

A:Upgrade Win 7 home prem to professional using upgrade disk

Welcome!

You should be able to use Anytime Upgrade to do that...just give it the product key on the Upgrade package.

You will not be able to do an in-place upgrade from the disc, to the best of my knowledge.

If you would prefer to do a clean install, try this tutorial: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/97310-upgrade-win-7-home-prem-professional-using-upgrade-disk.html
Relevancy 29.24%

We are attempting to upgrade our version of HP Device Manager from version to version nbsp however it always fails on the upgrade database portion of the install nbsp It does not give me any reason for the fail nbsp just a database upgrade device hp manager upgrade failing to dialog bos that says Upgrade Failed nbsp I have also tried creating a new database and then importing the old database into the new database nbsp but this also fails nbsp nbsp Any ideas nbsp Is there hp device manager upgrade failing to upgrade database some logs with more details somewhere that I am missing nbsp Cant troubleshoot much with just Upgrade Failed nbsp heres the installer log hp device manager upgrade failing to upgrade database output output nbsp - - INFO Start HPDM installation uninstallation - - INFO No command-line parameters is set Install HPDM with interactive UI - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp FC wbr E - CF - B - - CE F F QueryLogonUser cmd - - INFO Install HPDM - - INFO A previous HPDM exists in the machine - - INFO Start HPDM installation uninstallation - - INFO No command-line parameters is set Install HPDM with interactive UI - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A QueryLogonUser cmd - - INFO Install HPDM - - INFO A previous HPDM exists in the machine - - INFO D hpdm - - INFO HPDM Console is selected to be installed - - INFO HPDM Server is selected to be installed - - INFO HPDM Gateway is selected to be installed - - INFO HPDM Master Repository Controller is selected to be installed - - INFO There exists a folder named Repository back up it - - INFO Setup Type Custom - - INFO Start to copying HPDM installation files to destination path - - INFO Upgrade is selected starting to uninstall previous services - - INFO Preparing to stop processes and stop uninstall previous services - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F IM Console exe T - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F FI WINDOWTITLE eq HP Device Manager FI IMAGENAME eq java T - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F IM GatewayControl exe T - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F IM ServerControl exe T - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmpxe - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmgateway - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmgateway - - INFO Successfully execute net stop MasterRepositoryController - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmserver - - INFO Successfully execute net stop HPDM PostgreSQL - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete hpdmpxe - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete hpdmgateway - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete MasterRepositoryController - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete hpdmserver - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete HPDM PostgreSQL - - INFO Finish to stop processes and stop uninstall previous services - - WARN Removing C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Device Manager JVM - - ERROR Failed to remove the folder C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Device Manager JVM - - INFO HPDM installation files have been copied to destination path - - INFO Start to configure HPDM - - INFO D hpdm - - INFO set configure file path hpdm - - INFO Configure file path C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Device Manager MasterRepositoryController Controller conf - - INFO Preparing to configure HPDM components - - INFO Launch Configuration Wizard in custom mode - - INFO Launch Configuration Wizard successfully Return code - - INFO Successfully configure HPDM components - - INFO Preparing to initialize HPDM Database - - INFO Launch DBSetup application in custom mode - - INFO Launch DBSetup applica... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/hp-device-manager-upgrade-failing-to-upgrade-database/td-p/5718511
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a home built ASUS A7N8X2 Deluxe MoBo with an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ CPU. I upgraded Win XP Pro to VISTA Ultimate with no problems other than upgrading a few drivers. It went smoothly. At the time I had 1 GB in one of 3 available slots. I attempted to add 2 GB more to occupy all 3 slots. This produced a reboot after POST as VISTA started. I rotated the the modules through all slots and finally realized that when I went beyond 2 GB it produced a reboot. During post it tests 3 GB and the BIOS displays 3 GB. I have 512MB of RAM on the video card. Any suggestions ?? I am running the latest BIOS and if I remove one GB the machine boots and runs great... ???? Ron

Relevancy 29.24%

i ve been playing world of warcraft for about a month now and i have it on the lowest possible settings and at x resolution and i m still getting like fps i want to up the settings on the game to good instead of low and have about atleast fps in raids with other and power card supply upgrade upgrade Graphics players and Graphics card upgrade and power supply upgrade when i m alone questing have like to OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model p y System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB I have a radeon hd so i want to upgrade it to be able to play with atleast fps but i want to spend as little as i can max for both and the less i spend the better if anyone can help would be great nbsp

Relevancy 29.24%

I am planning to upgrade to WinXP Pro soon but I seem to have run into a problem I plan on upgrading as opposed to full install because I can purchase WinXP Pro Upgrade from school for full version not available unfortunately So to make sure that none of my software or hardware will create an problem in the upgrade I ran Microsoft XP Upgrade Advisor The Upgrade Advisor is telling me that my version of Win is not supported for upgrade The exact message is as follows Blocking Issues Unsupported Operating System Version The version of Windows running is not supported Windows Says Advisor XP Upgrade supported for upgrade. not Win98 Setup can only upgrade official releases Setup will now exit the last part of course being the text message I would presumably Windows XP Upgrade Advisor Says Win98 not supported for upgrade. receive if I were to attempt an upgrade See attachment for full Upgrade Advisor report For one I would like to know why Upgrade Advisor is telling me that Win on my machine is not supported Could it be because I originally loaded Win and upgraded to Win Also I would like opinions on wether or not this will actually prevent me from upgrading Especially if you have run into this problem Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Windows XP Upgrade Advisor Says Win98 not supported for upgrade.

That would be my guess that it will not upgrade an upgrade. That's what I thought when I read "official releases" in the log file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-upgrade-advisor-says-win98-not-supported-for-upgrade.61658/
Relevancy 29.24%

We have a Satellite Pro A - C purchased which 7 Pro Satellite Re: DVD' to Upgrade 'Windows upgrade A300-2C4 Professional came with Vista Business Bit installed but was downgraded using disk provided to Windows XP because of business network requirements When Windows became available I purchased the Windows upgrade DVD that Toshiba were offering so that if the Business decided to upgrade to the new operating system we could do so on this laptop This is what I Re: Satellite Pro A300-2C4 'Windows 7 Professional Upgrade DVD' to upgrade have recently tried to do to Re: Satellite Pro A300-2C4 'Windows 7 Professional Upgrade DVD' to upgrade discover it cannot be done as Re: Satellite Pro A300-2C4 'Windows 7 Professional Upgrade DVD' to upgrade the DVD is for Win Vista Bus to Win Pro upgrade What is the best way to do the upgrade without having to purchase another upgrade disk I do have a set of Recovery Discs for another Toshiba SatellitePro A - C which was purchased about months before this one these were created using the Toshiba Recovery software before any changes were made on the laprop Would I be able to recover the system to its Windows Vista state using these discs and then use the Windows Professional Upgrade DVD to do the upgarde Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly received

A:Re: Satellite Pro A300-2C4 'Windows 7 Professional Upgrade DVD' to upgrade

Hi TKG

Upgrading from WinXP to Win7 is not supported by Toshiba nor by Microsoft.
The only possible way to upgrade (go from 1 installation with some data to Win7 and keeping your settings and data) is from WinVista SP1 or later.

So regardless of how You look at it, You need to get XP out and either begin with WinVista factory installation + any 1 million updates that were released after this, OR
you can boot up from the Win7 media directly and install clean.
The second method saves a lot of time BUT have some negative side effects - namely not all drivers and utilities will be available in the final system if installed clean.
Some packages from WinVista works well in Win7 and are for that reason expected to be in the system during the update.
Hence, if You do a clean install, they will be missing.

However, they might not cause any trouble for You if they are not there, but that is not known until You're there and can see what You are missing.
Basic functionality should be expected though (WLAN, LAN, Sound, video....so on)

So, think about what You want to do and get busy with either recovering your unit with the WinVista set, updating, and then running the Toshiba Upgrade DVD, Win 7 upgrade and finally the Toshiba upgrade DVD again, OR just install Win7 clean + adding as much as possible / needed from the Toshiba Upgrade DVD.

Good luck!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60257-Re-Satellite-Pro-A300-2C4-Windows-7-Professional-Upgrade-DVD-to-upgrade
Relevancy 29.24%

Since Windows was announced that it will be free for Windows and users that got me hyped up There are many things I've found about Windows that makes me No Windows Upgrade message 10 ready upgrade Notification: want to have it such as DirectX and Windows Aero one of the reasons why I love Windows I signed up to Windows 10 Upgrade Notification: No upgrade ready message the Windows Insider Program and got a slow but interesting feel of the Windows Preview on VMWare Player and now I'm ready for the real thing I reserved the upgrade for Windows when it comes on July th just to be Windows 10 Upgrade Notification: No upgrade ready message ready Only problem its Windows 10 Upgrade Notification: No upgrade ready message August and I haven't been given a message that says Windows is ready to install Now I've read that when Windows was released on the day of its launch that the Microsoft servers have been running at their limits since a lot of people have waited the day and received their Windows upgrade I've googled some forums as well to find any other problems associated with the Windows upgrade but none of them matched my description I have the Windows logo notification on the taskbar it just hasn't told me that Windows is ready to install Now I'm not saying that this is taking too long and I want Windows now I'm only just a little nervous about how long this keeps up I really hope that this doesn't drag on all the way till next year when the free upgrade option has expired but this isn't much of a concern I've heard of a Windows Media Creation Tool and I have downloaded it but I decided not to install Windows this as I have school and all but I'd rather install when the notification says its ready and let nature take its course I also heard something about HP devices with Windows as I use an HP laptop but I'm not sure if this is a reason why this is occurring Overall I'm just wondering on when the notification says its ready and how long it will take And I know that Microsoft has a lot on its plate but I just hope that this doesn't take too long

A:Windows 10 Upgrade Notification: No upgrade ready message

Hi,
Well 10 does have some aspects of aero = windows snap... but it does not have windows glass
What it does have is opacity which unfortunately they did not give a slider to control the amount of opacity

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378210-windows-10-upgrade-notification-no-upgrade-ready-message.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Thanks in advance for your help I have other posts on my VISTA reinstall problems but I ll make it short to say I had to reinstall my OS Knowing product. I have install Can't listed Upgrade...Why? upgrade Office I had Can't install Office Upgrade...Why? I have listed upgrade product. to reinstall Office I also installed Works that came with computer Dell Now that is exactly what was installed before when I Can't install Office Upgrade...Why? I have listed upgrade product. installed the Office just fine the first time pre-reinstall of VISTA However now when I go to install Office it tells me it can t find a required upgrade product On the box Works is listed as an eligible product and that is what I have installed It gives me an option to browse to the folder where it is installed but I ve tried and don t quite know where to point it to find Can't install Office Upgrade...Why? I have listed upgrade product. what it wants Works seems to be in many folders Does anyone know what I can do I don t have internet on that specific computer right now because of the VISTA reinstall issues see other post has created an issue with all the network drivers nbsp

A:Can't install Office Upgrade...Why? I have listed upgrade product.

Have you started up your copy of Works to see if it functions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-office-upgrade-why-i-have-listed-upgrade-product.873370/
Relevancy 29.24%

HELP I actuall have two problems Firstly I had been having the worst problems with my mouse which lead to me to thinking that I should reinstall win k with the possiblity that this would solve everything The mouse is sticking and it takes - clicks to get it activated again Then when it is idle it seems to pull find and to the is Win2k stuck Cant want info upgrade upgrade I in to the top or side or bottom of the page on its own I have cleaned the ball tried another mouse and uninstalled all the sp upgrades I had done It also happens when I go into WinMe which lead me Win2k Cant find info I want to upgrade and is stuck in the upgrade to believe that it is not a win k prob but thought I would give Win2k Cant find info I want to upgrade and is stuck in the upgrade it a try anyway I installed the win k cd and choose upgrade WELL it now says that quot Setup cannot locate the Windows installation you want to upgrade Contact your system administrator quot I cannot get back to windows k as it keeps trying to install upgrade I am using Partition Magic Dual Boot and if I could get back to my drive c the duel boot now makes drive f drive c I could at least backup the important stuff I would appreciate any help to get out of this situation Looking forward to any and all replies Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-cant-find-info-i-want-to-upgrade-and-is-stuck-in-the-upgrade.107749/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi I have w pro bit but need to take advantage of more memory so want to upgrade to ultimate bit I'm a student and have seen that I can get an upgrade to ultimate bit but it says that I cannot do this from w at all but can do it from vista business - as per ult 32bit to to upgrade w7 upgrade 7 64bit- path? w7 but have want below link Windows Ultimate Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit edition Do you know this to be the case I have a vista busines recovery disc have w7 32bit but want to upgrade to w7 ult 7 64bit- upgrade path? but have w7 32bit but want to upgrade to w7 ult 7 64bit- upgrade path? am unsure if this will actually install have w7 32bit but want to upgrade to w7 ult 7 64bit- upgrade path? the vista os on my notebook I have all data that I need backed up on a USB removable hdd so not bothered if it's a clean install I really need to do this legitimately as the reason I need to upgrade is so that I can install and run virtual machines to do a microsoft course quite ironic and would get found out immediately if I didn't choose the correct way to do it Any advise would be great - Thanks in advance

A:have w7 32bit but want to upgrade to w7 ult 7 64bit- upgrade path?

You can only do a 64 bit In-Place Upgrade from 64 bit Vista. You will need to do a clean install.

Did the notebook come with Windows7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/211680-have-w7-32bit-but-want-upgrade-w7-ult-7-64bit-upgrade-path.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi, AllI try to upgrade the BIOS of my x1c gen3 20BS, and BIOS update utility for windows, the BIOS version is UEFI: 1.13 / ECP: 1.09I am working on windows 8I follow the utility's instruction and install the tool, run the tool, and reboot the OS, everything seem fine, but when I check the BIOS again, I found the BIOS vesion is still 1.10, but ECP has already upgraded to 1.09 Anyone could help? Many thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1c-gen3-upgrade-BIOS-fail-but-ECP-upgrade-done/td-p/3341765
Relevancy 28.38%

Recently upgraded from Windows Home to Pro After fails upgrade on but Upgrade Genuine Windows 7 later a while I keep getting non genuine error page MS support Windows 7 Upgrade Genuine on upgrade but fails later initially said it is Genuine and did a remote fix but error still returns Next time MS support say its a known issue due to Malware that only their subscription service can remove I have run Windows 7 Upgrade Genuine on upgrade but fails later a Malware check using MS's own Malware checker and found file called TrojanDropper win Rotbrow d This has been removed Norton have also done a deep clean and found nothing Running scannow it tells me there are windows files it Windows 7 Upgrade Genuine on upgrade but fails later cannot repair but in the CBS log there is no quot Cannot repair quot flagged up Running MGADiag I get a list of tampered files I have another machine with the Windows Home on it and I've tried to replace the suspect files to no avail If anyone can help I'd be obliged Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -KPGQV-TR C-HTG Windows Product Key Hash yrW o B jiOtqj nIyuxa Aisw Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID E BE -D - -B D-E B DF B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics F FE- - E FEE - - B D AA B- - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E BE -D - -B D-E B DF B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -HTG lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt HP-Pavilion lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt WE AA-ABU p uk lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt... Read more

A:Windows 7 Upgrade Genuine on upgrade but fails later

I may have solved this myself, by reading a lot of posts here folks so that you so much. It's great to have real support out there. I realised I have to go through the procedure of taking ownership of files, granting admin rights and copying stuff in manually. At last it past the MS validation test online for the first time. Hopefully this will be of help to others.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357085-windows-7-upgrade-genuine-upgrade-but-fails-later.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there, i have the upgrade for windows 7 home premium, a member of the household has recently brought a netbook which has windows 7 starter. I am wondering if i connect an external dvd drive to the netbook, if i can do an easy upgrade to home premium on this netbook?

thanks

A:Upgrade from Starter to Home Premium with Upgrade DVD?

You can do any Anytime Upgrade for which you just need a key, you dont need any disk or external dvd drive.

How to Upgrade Your Netbook to Windows 7 Home Premium - How-To Geek

Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182347-upgrade-starter-home-premium-upgrade-dvd.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Like the topic says, trying to upgrade to windows xp - abit with a "full install" disc. So far I've not figured out how to do this, or if it's even possible. I tried inserting the disc while in windows 98, but it didn't give me an option to upgrade.

A:Windows XP: Can I upgrade from 98 with full (not upgrade) disc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-can-i-upgrade-from-98-with-full-not-upgrade-disc.204866/
Relevancy 28.38%

So I have a Sapphire Radeon R9 280x, and I just bought a MSI GeForce GTX 970. I also have a 500W CoolerMaster powersupply, would I need to upgrade this to 600-750W?

+note: I also bought two sticks of HyperX 16GB RAM and a Corsair H75 Hydro Series CPU Cooler.

A:Upgrade graphics card=upgrade powersupply?

Your 500 watt PSU meets the minimum requirement.... GeForce GTX 970 | Specifications | GeForce

So with that in mind....I'd say yes to a new PSU.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127463-upgrade-graphics-card-upgrade-powersupply.html
Relevancy 28.38%

I want to upgrade my wifes netbook to Home Edition Its running Windows Starter I know how edition Home a using from upgrade starter Upgrade to use the Anytime Upgrade but I have a Family Pack Windows Home Edition Upgrade Retail box disc I have only used one of the upgrades of the family pack Can I use another to upgrade the Starter netbook or do i have to by an Anytime upgrade Seems like i should be able to but it also seems like the upgrade is meant to be from just xp or vista not a lower end window version Also how would i do it if i can Can i simply change the product key or do i have to insert a disk and run the whole upgrade If i do Upgrade from starter using a Home edition upgrade have to insert disk and run the upgrade will i have to do a clean install Plus while typing this i just realized her netbook doesnt have an optical drive so what about that too Just want to get these questions answered Upgrade from starter using a Home edition upgrade before i even bother attempting it I Upgrade from starter using a Home edition upgrade would hate to think i could just change the product key and go about my business cause thats never the case and everything always turns into a few hours of work thanks for the help and i just registered here because im getting back into windows im mainly a mac but i think im both now so hello

A:Upgrade from starter using a Home edition upgrade

Welcome to the forum,

You can just use one of the upgrade keys you have in Anytime Upgrade, no need for the disk.

It will just unlock all the features, reboot once or twice and you're there.

Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182085-upgrade-starter-using-home-edition-upgrade.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi, AllI try to upgrade the BIOS of my x1c gen3 20BS, and BIOS update utility for windows http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-... UEFI: 1.13 / ECP: 1.09I am working on windows 8I follow the utility's instruction and install the tool, run the tool, and reboot the OS, everything seem fine, but when I check the BIOS again, I found the BIOS vesion is still 1.10, but ECP upgrade to 1.09. I wonder why I cannot upgrade my BIOS, anyone could help, many thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1c-gen3-fail-to-upgrade-BIOS-but-ECP-upgrade-done/td-p/3341160
Relevancy 28.38%

I have Toshiba x770-11c. Is it possible to install 16gb here?
What memory I need to buy (best choice)? and should I take my laptop to service or ram can be changed at home?

And the same question about ssd.
Best choice to buy and how to change at home?

I think it's time to upgrade our x770!

A:Qosmio X770 - RAM upgrade to 16GB + SSD upgrade

> I have Toshiba x770-11c. Is it possible to install 16gb here?
As far as I know you can use max 8GB RAM

> What memory I need to buy (best choice)?
DDR3 RAM (1.333 MHz)

> and should I take my laptop to service or ram can be changed at home?
RAM replacement isn?t very difficult procedure.
Take a look here:
[Qosmio X770 Memory Replacement|http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/CRU22039I0000R01.htm]

> Best choice to buy and how to change at home?
SSD drives are compatible and you can use an common 2.5? SATA SSD drive.
There are different SSD drives on the market so you can choose the one of your choice.
Some are cheap but the performance is low. So recommend reading some articles and test about available SSD drives.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72000-Qosmio-X770-RAM-upgrade-to-16GB-SSD-upgrade
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a Gigabyte Socket 775 motherboard with an AGP video card, and I want to upgrade to a system that has PCI express X 16 for a new video card. The thing is, I dont want to see my 2gb PC3200 dual channel kit go to waste because all the new motherboard are DDR2 only.

So is it too late to upgrade to 939? With the money saved without getting new memory for conroe boards or AM2, and the relativly inexpensive price for a 939 board, I can get a Athlon 64 X2 3800 for 939 which is much, much faster than my current cpu, and get PCIX16 video card support, all the things that I exactly want!

A:Budget upgrade: Upgrade to Core 2 motherboard, AM2 or 939?

Works For Me

Sounds like you have thought things out. If you want to save your DDR I (thats what it is called now) a socket 939 motherboard is the way to go. Still avaiable for the present, and socket 939 dual core processors are coming down in price. Just make sure your memory is compatiable with the new motherboard. You should be good for a while, although the future belongs to DDR II.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-upgrade-upgrade-to-core-2-motherboard-am2-or-939.55876/
Relevancy 28.38%

All over the net it is suggested that before upgrading to Win 10 you can right click the MS icon and use "Check your upgrade status". Here is an example:http://www.zdnet.com/article/will-y...On neither of our Win 7 computers does it show this. In that position, below "Get Windows 10", it says instead "Reserve your free upgrade". Here is a screen capture:http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/eVMHK...Does anyone know what this is all about? The only thing I can imagine is that you have to first make the reservation. If so the logic escapes me because it would seem the right way round would be to check compatibility before making the reservation.I realise that you should go to your computer manufacturer but it seems odd that a facility so widely reported doesn't seem to exist.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

A:Upgrade W7 to W10, Check your upgrade status is missing

Found a way to get the information but nothing like the way it is presented on web pages. Something I all too frequently run into these days - bags of communication often hopelessly unclear. Yeah, I'm getting old LOL.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/upgrade-w7-to-w10-check-your-upgrade-status-is-missing/211.html
Relevancy 28.38%

I am not sure if I have win 8.1 pro or win 8.1Says 8.1 pro in mscinfo but doesnt allow me to install win 8.1 pro features. Anyway that is not the issue I am writing about. Issue is , I had my laptop crashed 1 month after I installed Win 10. it required HD replacement by HP, at which stage I was told not to ugrade to win 10 as my laptop will not handle it. My Question is:free upgrade to wn 10 ends soon.what happens when my OS will no longer be supported by MSWhat is actually the problem that causes HP notebooks to crash? Is there a feature in win 10 that can be turned off to avoid causing the crash?Atleast we can keep up with the updates!! Need some help to understand what the actual issue is and if there has been some workaround found by now.SD

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Win10-upgrade-deadline-arrived-cannot-upgrade-what-next/td-p/5688369
Relevancy 28.38%

I purchased an upgrade key from Microsoft last year and used it on my Win 7 home premium 64 bit installation and upgraded it to Win 7 pro 64. Lately, my system has gotten squirrelly and I wanted to
do the "upgrade" (repair) install from my CD. The system will not allow me to do this. It says that
Windows 7 Pro cannot be upgraded with Windows 7 Home Premium.

So now I'm stuck unless there's a way to uninstall the pro upgrade and revert back to home premium.
Is there a registry key I can delete or something so that it will work? I don't want to lose all the neat programs I have installed.

A:Can't upgrade install after running anytime upgrade

You are going to have to do a few registry tweaks to fool the Windows Installer in thinking you have the previous version. Once you have done so you can continue doing the upgrade repair process however you must do it while the machine is currently booted. (From the Desktop).

This link provides a good step by step process which you may want to try.

Please note that I have not completed these steps so please proceed with caution.

EDIT: I had to attach the link into a text document since the URL could not be copied.

Hope This Helps,
Josh! =]

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/281570-cant-upgrade-install-after-running-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Want to upgrade Win 7 Home Premium 32bit to Pro 32bit so that, among other things, I can do backups to a network attached storage device. Anytime Upgrade tells me it is no longer available.
Home Premium was installed from a Reinstallation DVD for Dell PCs (I have a Dimension 5000) and I still have the DVD and product key from when I installed and registered it.
Is there still a way to upgrade (legally of course) or would I need to buy a Pro DVD (or download it) with a new product key and do a clean install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/381333-7-home-premium-upgrade-pro-still-possible-without-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello together !

For your information:

Did a memory upgrade today at 2 Toshiba Satellite Pro 2100 (1,9 GH, 256 MB DDR-RAM originally), both up to 1 GB, all fine and not problems.

Just wanted to end rumours about "only 512 MB all together" or even less.

If searching for it, remember to think of the specifications:

DDR-266 (PC2100)
DDR-SDRAM, SO-DIMM
200 PIN
CL 2.5

concerning RAM frequency, building form etc.

Greetings

L0nestar

P.S.: Don`t think a discussion is necessary, thread could therefore be closed...

A:Satellite Pro 2100 - RAM Upgrade - Memory Upgrade

According the notebook specification Satellite Pro has two memory slots and can be upgraded up to 1 GB. It is very useful to have your confirmation about RAM upgrade for this old but still good notebook model.

Have a nice day.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?33597-Satellite-Pro-2100-RAM-Upgrade-Memory-Upgrade
Relevancy 27.52%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19988802
Relevancy 27.52%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

A:got the windows 10 free upgrade and used the dell diagnostics tool to upgrade driver and bios everything worked fine until the update of the bios!!!!

I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.

Dell just saying it's a "possibility" the motherboard might need to be replace. No one can tell you that motherboard is definite "Fried" without first looking at the system.
What is the system model number and version of windows before upgrading to windows 10? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10
You're able to boot into BIOS(F2 key) and diagnostic (F12 key) ?
1. Power off computer
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F2 key ( BIOS) or F12 key( BIOS) continuously

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988802
Relevancy 27.52%

My laptop has windows home premium on it and I'd like to do the free upgrade to windows however because I've only got the home premium edition of I'll only get the home edition of win in the free upgrade Win 8 Pro home key a 7 Win premium? upgrade upgrade Can So i've been looking for the cheapest way to get pro out of the deal and so far I've found a really cheap windows pro upgrade key for Can a Win 8 Pro upgrade key upgrade Win 7 home premium? sale on amazon I'm just wondering if it would work It doesn't come with any media just the key so I'd have to download a windows pro installation from somewhere I guess I know microsoft did release a windows upgrade assistant but no idea if that is what I should use or if I should just find an iso of the upgrade media and use that instead I'm assuming when I have the install media all I'd do is pop it in and run it and then enter the key I will buy and it should then upgrade my home premium to win pro and then I just need to get it all updated to and so on and then wait for the windows upgrade to pop up and go from there Is this right or am I completely and utterly wrong about all of this I don't want to buy the upgrade key for example only to find out it will only upgrade windows pro or ultimate for example I can't seem to find this specific info when googling either there's a microsoft article on upgrade paths but it just goes on about what if any files and user settings etc that can and can't be kept when upgrading from older versions of windows

A:Can a Win 8 Pro upgrade key upgrade Win 7 home premium?

You can download Windows 8.1 ISO file from here. The new Windows 8.1 ISO will now accept Windows 8 keys.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...ad/windows8ISO

After the upgrade, you do not need to upgrade to 8.1 or install any updates. Make sure all the drivers are installed though.
Download the Windows 10 ISO. Right click on the ISO and choose Mount. Then open File Explorer and look for the new drive. Double click on the new drive to open it. You will see all the installation files for Windows 10. Double click on Setup.exe to start the upgrade. It will upgrade just fine from Windows 8. You only need to have Win8.1 installed if you upgrade through Windows update. There are less problems upgrading the way I just explained than going through Windows Update.

Windows 10 ISO download

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

You better hurry, July 29 is coming fast.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/75502-can-win-8-pro-upgrade-key-upgrade-win-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Please help me to update the BIOS im having the  LENOVO 5VKT07AUS version, it date is 9/1/2009, please help me to update the bios, and my system serial number is xxxxxxxxxx , and i need to upgrade the ram to 6gb, im now having [email protected], please help me to choose the RAM also. please help me in these two things. 

Thank You in ADVANCE.

Moderator Note; s/n edited for members own protection

A:My H22010028 needs bios upgrade and RAM Upgrade

hey kameshss,for updating the bios go to >>http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=746114download the proper Chipset driver and install it.As for upgrading the RAM, I suggest calling our Tech Support via the number listed in the link below >>http://www.lenovo.com/contact/in/en/

WW Social MediaImportant Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/My-H22010028-needs-bios-upgrade-and-RAM-Upgrade/td-p/438285
Relevancy 27.52%

Bought this laptop Nov 13, tried upgrading to 8.1 but pc would not work. Took back to pc world where they rolled it back to win 8 and it was then ok. However, microsoft not supporting 8 any longer and telling me i must upgrade to 8.1 or 10. obviously I have aready tried 8.1, and hp website says that my model has not been tested for 10. Help!!

A:Windows 8, can't upgrade to win 8.1, can I safely upgrade to...

NBrooks1 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your wanting to Upgrade to Win10 and wanted to help. The only "safe" upgrade is one you can revert back from if it goes poorly or you change your mind about it. While Microsoft tells you that there is no risk in the Win10 Upgrade, because they let you believe that you can always revert back to your original OS and setup within 30 days, the ugly fact of the matter is that the Win10 GoBack function has proven to be unreliable -- and when it fails, it can leave machines in a corrupted state -- which doesn't always happen, but it does happen often enough to be a problem and you won't get any warning in advance that it is going to trash your PC!If that is not bad enough, the Win10 Upgrade is know, in some cases, to corrupt the Recovery partition stored there by the OEM that built the original machine.  This pretty much guarantees that no HP Recovery is going to work.So, if you are determined to to the Upgrade, you need to protect yourself against the problems prior to doing that -- and the best way to do that is to make an image backup of your OS and boot partitions on an external drive or large USB stick.What I recommend is the following:1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive or USB stick3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CDMy experience is that MR, when using the High Compression option, typically can compress the saved image file to about 50% of the USED space in the OS partition.  This means if you have an 80GB OS partition, and 40GB is used, MR only needs about 20GB to store the image file.I use this all the time and it typically takes less than 10 minutes to do the image backup and about the same time or less to do a restore.  Plus, MR has the option to Add a Recovery Boot Menu entry.  This allows you then to boot into WinRE, and you can then use that to do a restore -- when you can't boot into Windows!NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive or USB stick in only a few minutes.Have fun experimenting with Win10!Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-8-can-t-upgrade-to-win-8-1-can-I-safely-upgrade-to/td-p/5694003
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello Everybody I m thinking seriously on upgrading my system because i want Card upgrade?? upgrade or Video PC games to run PC upgrade or Video Card upgrade?? better but system it s not too old what do you suggest I have a P HT ghz it s a socket and heard it s better so wish to get Dual core or maybe I should go with AMD but not quite familiar of which ones are the best AMD s right now maybe I should stay with my MOBO and P MOBO is a ASUS P P E Deluxe or should I just upgrade my video card I have an ATI AIW XT people say the AIW are not very good cards for gaming and I really want to improve gaming performance the problem is I don t have PCI-Express I have the AGP x I think there are still a few good gaming cards for AGP right what do you suggest upgrade my video card only or MOBO and Processor also I would keep everything else memory hard drives and PSU will work suggestions are welcome I definitely don t have a big budget but better buy something is worth it for video card i guess something around if i had to buy new MOBO and Processor I ll have to wait a couple of weeks but i really want to boost the quality of my games so better wait and get somereally good right now I can t max out the settings of some games and I have some frame skipping and lagging and want to get rid of that thank you nbsp

A:PC upgrade or Video Card upgrade??

Your cpu is fine, a p4 3.4ghz is good enough for today's games but can you tell us what games you're trying to play?
For a quick upgrade that'll last you ok for a while and give you much better playablity in today's games, I'd just go for a graphics card upgrade, but, if you want the system to last you a while and you can wait a bit then I'd suggest waiting a few months. If you want a future proof games machine (meaning you'll get a year or two of gaming out of it) intel are bringing out a new series of processors, and the next generation of graphics cards are just around the corner too, directx10 cards.
If you're only a casual gamer you could still save some money if you wait, but then again the technology moves so fast you might as well get something that'll be considered decent for a while. I'm actually leaning towards you just getting a new agp graphics card, maybe like thisradeon x850pro. That'd make games look a lot prettier.

Edit: Hang on, forgot all the important stuff :blush: Can you tell us your full system specs, e.g. how much RAM, your mobo, your psu wattage etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-upgrade-or-video-card-upgrade.53248/
Relevancy 27.52%

I needed to quot repair quot my Win Home Prem -bit mid-upgrade. stopped Upgrade/repair Why? OEM because optical drives Upgrade/repair stopped mid-upgrade. Why? could no longer write sfc scannow found nothing So I chose upgrade in place because the idea of re-installing everything would be too disruptive and shouldn't be needed for this kind of problem I had Kaspersky AV turned off I was quot upgrading quot within Windows as suggested here in Brink's tutorial and would not change versions After finding all the files the upgrade process started to expand Windows files The computer restarted right away after the beginning of that process but it went to the log-in and put Upgrade/repair stopped mid-upgrade. Why? up a message stating that quot This version of Windows could not be installed quot Nothing Upgrade/repair stopped mid-upgrade. Why? has changed on my mobo since the original install except a flash of a new BIOS version from Gigabyte In fact recently but before the BIOS was flashed I did re-install Win from scratch clean and that went off without a hitch As suggested in the message box I looked at the quot Upgrade Adviser quot pages but nothing seemed to be about this issue same Win and same install DVD as its last clean install Any suggestions I had considered fixWin before doing this but sfc scannow seemd like the stongest tool in its arsenal and I already did that and found nothing Thanks in advance for any suggestions jonathan

A:Upgrade/repair stopped mid-upgrade. Why?

Hello jonathan7007, welcome to Seven Forums!

"because optical drives could no longer write"

To me, this doesn't seem like a Windows issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/118713-upgrade-repair-stopped-mid-upgrade-why.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Aspire V5 and now I cant print with my HP B110a Photosmart printer. I went on to the HP solution centre and after I downloaded a driver that was supposed to work on windows 7  8  8.1  and 10. But It hasent even when the solutions centre said the printer was 100%,and did nt need anything else but I still cant printI use my printer most days and I am lost. Can sombody help please.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/10-upgrade-on-Aspire-V5-cant-print-after-upgrade-Help/td-p/448215
Relevancy 27.52%

Essentially I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to *cough*legal*cough* Ultimate, or at least Professional if that gets too expensive. I soooo do not trust what I'm running right now, but I wanted to try it out-- And I love 7. I do own a copy of both XP MCE SP2, and Vista.

Could I ever get a clean install from purchasing this "Anytime Upgrade" deal? I keep reading it's just a download- but of what? A disc image? Or just an installer? Or just some sort of key generator to "unlock higher versions" (as one person speculated)?

Or must I buy an "Upgrade Version?"

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

[And btw Hi I'm new here blah blah blah LOVE THE SITE! ]

A:Anytime Upgrade vs Upgrade questions...

I think this should answer your question.
If I'm reading you right.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/155705-anytime-upgrade-vs-upgrade-questions.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Having read an earlier post, and my DELL manuals, it would appear my XPS-13-L321X circa 2012 is NOT upgradable in terms of SSD Hard Drive, or Memory. 
Why is it that later XPS-13's appear to have such upgrade options (see link to the XPS-13 Tear Down (iFixIt.com). 
Is this a turnaround by DELL so the inbuilt obsolescence is no longer a 'feature'.  I don't mind feeling a tad peeved that my glorious and loved XPS-13 is not upgradable.  Am I missing something?   Next is the link to the very graphical (although not for the nervous!) teardown, showing the removable (i.e. edge-connected, NOT soldered) SSD hard drive and Memory.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Dell+XPS+13+Teardown/36157
Hopeful for some clarity on the apparent dichotomy 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19785967
Relevancy 27.52%

I want to install a retail copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on a laptop that came with OEM W7 Home Premium x64. I have dozens of applications installed and don't want to do a clean install. But when I select "Upgrade" after running the setup program (within the running Home Premium installation), I get a message that says I must exit and select Windows Anytime Upgrade which directs me to purchase a new product id. I've already purchased two copies of Ultimate and don't want another. Is it possible to do an upgrade without Anytime Upgrade? Thank you.

A:Upgrade without Windows Anytime Upgrade

Yes, you can insert the Ultimate Product Key into Anytime Upgrade and it will unlock the extra features just like an Anytime key: Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to - Windows 7 Forums

I would save a Win7 backup image first of Home Premium so you have an easy path back if you decide you want to use your Ultimate Product Key elsewhere - retail keys can migrate anywhere you want for life as long as they're only installed on one machine at a time.

Likewise save a Win7 backup image of Ultimate after it's unlocked to use in place of reinstalls so you don't have to double reinstall: Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/225426-upgrade-without-windows-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Greetings
So here's the scenario.
On the 28th of July, I downloaded the free upgrade to windows 10 but i chose not to install it and decided to postpone for the following Monday. Things happened and I was unable to return and complete the update and since then I have been unable to find a way to upgrade.I definitely know it it is downloaded to my machine.

Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/cant-upgrade-to-windows-10-despite-reserving-upgrade-1154497.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I ordered this copy of Vista Ultimate Upgrade:
http://www.royaldiscount.com/miwiviulup.html

As stated on this page, it is supposed to upgrade from Windows 2000 Professional provided it is a clean install.

I started the installation from within the Windows 2000 GUI; but, the Vista setup halted with a message that upgrade is disabled and I must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista to upgrade.

I started the Vista setup by booting from the Vista setup disk and it has now halted with this message: "To use the product key you entered, start the installation from your existing version of Windows."

Catch 22

What should I do now?

Relevancy 27.52%

FF 3 has been out for a few weeks now. Has anyone had any problems other than add-ons for older versions not being updated yet?

Seems to me I heard in a few places that the beta version had caused some problems, so I am curious as to how the full release has worked for people?

Are there any real security or functionality disadvantages to staying with the previous vesion (2.0.0.16)?

I also read elsewhere that 3 comes with the Google toolbar - are you given the option to decline that during the install? I sure as Hell don't want any Google software installed on my computer without my consent...

A:Firefox 3: To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question

I am using firefox 3 now. its a bit disappointing to know that it does not work with the real player plug-ins for downloading movie clips and music videos especially from the youtube site.

if it suites that you seldom download clips nor music videos then you can install firefox 3 and wait for realplayer to upgrade its plug-ins for compatiblity with firefox, otherwise, stick to version 2.0 until all is well fixed with the compatibility issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-3-to-upgrade-or-not-to-upgrade-that-is-the-question.110546/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm doing an upgrade on one of my PC's, taking the guts from a PC with an OEM version of XP (Home, SP2) on it. Which means I'm going to have to do an in place upgrade of the OS.

The OEM PC didn't come with a CD, but I've got an upgrade disk which was used on and the product key activated for an old PC that I no longer use. So two questions:
Will an XP upgrade disk work for this? And is it a problem (i.e. legal) to use a disk that was previously activated on another PC that has gone the way of the dinosaur? I don't want to have to buy another copy of XP if I don't need to.

A:XP In place Upgrade with XP upgrade disk?

As long as XP is only in use on a single PC (ie: the old PC is not in use), then you are fine.

As to whether or not it will actually install, I'm not sure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-in-place-upgrade-with-xp-upgrade-disk-411072.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi Vista Will UPGRADE UPGRADE ULTIMATE New NOT Am New Vista ULTIMATE UPGRADE Will NOT UPGRADE trying to install AN UPGRADE TO ULTIMATE on a Bit System running Vista Premium amp SP My brand new UPGRADE is REFUSING to UPGRADE IN PLACE It says quot New Vista ULTIMATE UPGRADE Will NOT UPGRADE Upgrade has been disabled The upgrade cannot be started To upgrade cancel the installation then choose to upgrade to a version of Windows that is more recent than the version you are currently running quot HUH This pc is months old amp running Windows Home Premium I am SURE I MADE NO MISTAKES The Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor has confirmed ULTIMATE for this pc BOTH Anti-Virus Programs were disabled etc BECAUSE I could NOT INSTALL I am NOT ELIGIBLE for the FREE Day Support Feature This is a BRAND NEW SOFTWARE PURCHASE amp WAS EXPENSIVE I HOPE SOMEONE AT WINDOWS CAN HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM Thank-You p s I do not know if the quot Clean Install quot works or not ONLY THAT THE UPGRADE INSTALL WILL NOT I NEED the UPGRADE INSTALLATION amp according to the package amp all other data- MY PC IS ELIGIBLE TO THE UPGRADE So I am very concerned- to say the least

A:New Vista ULTIMATE UPGRADE Will NOT UPGRADE

Hello goldenDragon1,
The best way to install any Windows is a clean install, i would backup all the bits i want to keep to another HDD or disk and do a clean install, there is less chance of encountering any errors. The reason you cant "upgrade" could be because the Ultimate disk, although a better version of Vista, is an older copy than the one it's trying to replace. Hope this helps. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234069-new-vista-ultimate-upgrade-will-not-upgrade.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi Guys, I'm trying to upgrade a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit machine to Win 10 Pro 64-bit. Ideally I want a clean install...

I tried using the method that worked before on other PCs (Media Creation Tool -> Upgrade this PC) but I got a BSOD when it was "Checking for Updates", so I was wondering:

Do I have to go through the upgrade saga prior to a clean install, or can I just do a clean install straight-off?

I have the Win 7 license key and have a Win 10 (1511) Install DVD to use.

Cheers,

Mike.

A:Win 7 -> Win 10 upgrade - can I do a clean install instead of upgrade?

Install it as an update first and wait for it to activate. Once it is activated, you can format the drive and do a clean install. Just skip when asked for a key during installation as you don't need one. When it is finally installed, it will contact Microsoft and see you have an activation for your computer, which it will use to activate.

After Windows 10 is activated the first time, it remembers the hardware, so subsequent installs use the same activation if your hardware has not significantly changed.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/40878-win-7-win-10-upgrade-can-i-do-clean-install-instead-upgrade.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Ho do I upgrade my Win 7 Basic to Win 7 Pro without using Anytime upgrade? I have bought a new Win 7 Pro CD with product key but dont want to do a new install.

A:Win 7 basic upgrade to Win 7 Pro without Anytime upgrade

Thanks for the input and support, got it sorted.
Used the new Win 7 Pro and after backup installed from start.
Seems there is no way around when buying machines with these cheap versions of MS products like Starter or Basic.
Suppose to be a money saver...but my thoughts will be ...its too much trouble.
Would rather suggest buying a machine with at least Win 7 Home Premium.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c2610283-c90c-4342-8db2-f0ef86f25ae6/win-7-basic-upgrade-to-win-7-pro-without-anytime-upgrade?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 27.52%

I upgraded my BIOS to 5CKT77US not long ago and my understanding is that I can go up to 16GB RAM now; can anyone confirm this for me before I spend the money and have it not work? I'm currently running 8GB PC-8500/533. Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M58-7373EGU-RAM-Upgrade-After-BIOS-Upgrade/td-p/3432530
Relevancy 27.09%

I'm trying to upgrade my old laptop to windows Its currently running Windows pro x Resources are no problem its a core duo GB RAM discreet ATI video card and plenty of space on TB hard drive Upgrade using windows update triggered by GWX exe gets the everything downloaded then does the quot Preparing for installation quot part then gets to tool your struck media "check PC" and upgrade fails. on upgrade gwx this screen If I click quot Check your PC quot it goes right back into downloading and preparing the installation and ends up back at this screen There seems to be no way to get out of the loop So I tried using media creation tool That process gets me through the setup counting up to then says quot your PC will restart in a few moments Then just this quot Windows installation has failed quot no more clues that's it its over Does anyone know how to get around this or where to find a log file that gives more of a clue

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/44112-gwx-upgrade-struck-check-your-pc-media-tool-upgrade-fails.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Interesting issue Have a Win x ultimate oem box lost the original key replaced motherboard cpu bought a retail copy and key used the key no "upgrade" - option Overlay/repair/in upgrade place to Overlay/repair/in place upgrade - no "upgrade" option activate to get the nag screens without using a program to Overlay/repair/in place upgrade - no "upgrade" option circumvent This was a couple years ago Recently I can't do an in place upgrade repair The option for quot upgrade quot never shows up It will allow me to install on any of my hdd or in a new folder on my ssd The system as a whole is usable and has no major issue that I can see other than this one It may also be notable that the installation DOES NOT check for updates before moving on to the license agreement and partition check It will not upgrade to either It gets as far as setting up temporary files then crashes to the desktop The reason behind the reinstallation was to correct any issues with the OS that may be causing the installation issue Any ideas I've done the basics malware free chkdsk my checksur log is pretty f-ed up for windows updates I'm thinking that's probably not the cause however

A:Overlay/repair/in place upgrade - no "upgrade" option

Hello fxdmusic Welcome to the Seven Forums! No upgrade to repair option?

Well I won't recommend a repair of the present installation but seeing a fresh copy of 7 go on and grabbing SP1 required if you are planning to move onto to W10! Presently I have a working dual boot of both 7 and 10 across two separate hard drives where the second first seeing a clone of the previous 7 host drive now set as the second in 10's BCD boot order had failed on the spot to see the upgrade go on! What?

Following the failed first few attempts where the clone was thought to be the problem preventing the upgrade from completion when just after the first restart once the setup files had been copied to the drive from the usb installation key the Media Creation tool first used and later a 3rd party program for seeing another iso single not combination 32/64bit for 10 Pro that went onto a 16gb flash drive but seeing both 32bit and 64bit downloads the 32bit for a planned VM project later it wasn't either usb key or the second fresh install of 7 to the second drive.

But?! it was discovered that two storage and backup drives were what were seeing the newer version's boot files and temporary set up folders placed on them! Do you have any other hard drives internal or external plugged in while trying to upgrade? Unplug those before trying again!

Before I ended up taking a good look at the clean install guide seen at Ten Forums one of the other sites seen at Windows 10 Tutorials[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup where you will find a list of guides there for clean install, upgrade install, how to download and save 10 as an ISO image file, how to make up the usb key, etc. I had even tried seeing the upgrade go over the host drive's original 7 installation there but glad it failed before realizing having any non OS drives plugged during the upgrade or clean install process was a disaster in the making!

One other recommendation for you would be to get over to TF there for additional help as well as review of the guides since that forum is intended for 10 support. I think you will find that a good number of people have found themselves in familiar circumstances when trying to get 10 to go on!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/377911-overlay-repair-place-upgrade-no-upgrade-option.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Title basically says it all I used to be using Windows and I upgraded for free After using windows for a week i got a blue screen that said quot bad system config info quot and restarting does not fix it It is stuck on the blue screen after restarting So i was thinking I could use the option on the blue screen that it gives me to downgrade to previous version but I would still like to use windows So if I downgrade could I then upgrade again for free I am still within my days to downgrade Any help would be greatly appreciated If you have any other solution downgrade then windows for you and upgrade again? to free upgrade back 10, Can 8.1, windows to to this blue screen that would allow me to stay on windows and keep all of my files and apps that would be even better Thank you The initial error that came Can you upgrade for free to windows 10, downgrade back to windows 8.1, and then upgrade again? up while I was using my PC like normal Options quot Continue quot and quot turn off PC quot just take me back to this Options Under quot troubleshoot quot option that was shown above I ve tried a system restore but Can you upgrade for free to windows 10, downgrade back to windows 8.1, and then upgrade again? it does not work I have no quot system image recovery quot so doesn t work Start up repair doesn t work So quot go back to previous build quot is my last resort which is the reason for my question in the first place I would like to downgrade then upgrade back to windows but not sure if i can nbsp

A:Can you upgrade for free to windows 10, downgrade back to windows 8.1, and then upgrade again?

Yes, I believe you can. Windows 10 is free for at least the first year from release.
You can still get the Windows 10 ISO downloade and be able to upgrade using that instead of the downloaded installation files too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-upgrade-for-free-to-windows-10-downgrade-back-to-windows-8-1-and-then-upgrade-again.1153689/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have 2 netbooks with windows7 starter edition on them, I reently purchased an upgrade family pack from Ebay and mistakenly didn't releaze it was software to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows7 Home Premium edition. Before I break the seal, I was wondering if this would work, can I use this upgrade software(Vista to Windows7 Home Premium), to upgrade my windows7 starter edition to full Home Premium or will it not work correctly.
I appreciate any help offered.
Thanks

A:Upgrade Win7 starter using win7 upgrade software for Vista?

Hello there, wil.

There's no problem at all. follow this tutorial and you'll be able to install them without problems.

Clean Install Windows 7

EDIT: sorry, is this one:

Although you may need an external USB DVD-Drive or installing your Windows 7 from a USB

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

And that'll be it

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/146770-upgrade-win7-starter-using-win7-upgrade-software-vista.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello, better late than never.
i bougth an m17x whit a core 2 duo processor, after doing some research, bought a core 2 q9100 to upgrade.Everithing woks fine, the after some minutes, its shuts down, my bad, to much termic paste so i replace the termic paste. it worked better, but, after some efort to the cpu, its shut down again.So, my cuestion: could it be the bios o its just me that aint doing things well? I cant find anywere about the bios.Thanks for advance and sorry for my bad english, not my native lenguage

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19988882
Relevancy 25.37%

I have Win7 Home Premium installed on my my machine, but is is not activated yet. I will be getting a Win7 Professional key from the student offer, and I would like to use that. Is it possible to use that key in Anytime upgrade?

A:using a upgrade key with anytime upgrade

Never mind, I got the product key and successfully upgraded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/32620-using-upgrade-key-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I got notification on my system tray about free upgradation of windows 10. Should I upgrade my windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
Any one upgarde system to windows 10? Please suggest me thanks.

A:Upgrade Notification Should I upgrade Win 8.1 to Win 10

A LOT of people have upgraded to windows 10..

Before upgrading I would strongly suggest you create a complete system image backup (backup your whole HDD - in case of trouble)
Using a program like Macrium Reflect > Macrium Reflect Free

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/70414-upgrade-notification-should-i-upgrade-win-8-1-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I have the Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade (from Vista) pack, and have never had any issues upgrading it from XP. Unfortunatly I seem to have misplaced my XP CD and really need to get win7 on a computer. Is is possible to do a clean install with with an upgrade DVD? 32 bit or 64 bit?
Thnks in advance

-cheers

A:Windows 7 upgrade without anything to upgrade from :-(

Yep. Have a look here: Clean install Windows 7 with upgrade disc

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/90386-windows-7-upgrade-without-anything-upgrade.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I have an Aspire R3-131T and would like to upgrade to Windows 10. The BIOS needs to be upgraded first. How do I do that? Please answer in very simple 1, 2, 3, etc steps, I am not a computer wizard. Thank you

A:How do I upgrade the BIOS so that I can upgrade to...

Download the latest bios and extract it to a new folder on the desktop.BIOSAcerFixes SD card detection issue.1.134.6 MB2016/04/15DownloadMake sure you are plugged in and the battery has a good charge.Open the folder and double click on the executable bios file.Don't do anything unless told to.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/How-do-I-upgrade-the-BIOS-so-that-I-can-upgrade-to-Windows-10/td-p/437831
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everyone

I'm considering whether to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7. IMHO, the new OS seems to be not sufficiently "mature" yet, and it is better to wait for the first service pack to come out before actually upgrading.

What do you think? Should I upgrade nevertheless?

Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 - upgrade or not upgrade?

Hi rfe777 and welcome to sevenforums,

i think you will find that a lot of folks here will say that windows 7 has been stable and a good performer for months, even for a long time before official retail release.

there is talk of a upcoming service pack, but it doesn't look as if there will be anything much in it, just a collection of already released updates. nothing like vista...

sure some people have had trouble will their particular hardware and windows 7, and some folks haven't found it easy adjusting to the differences between the two systems, but i think it's safe to say that most users have made the switch and shudder at the thought of going back to xp.

of course, your mileage may vary

mickey says upgrade!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/72416-windows-7-upgrade-not-upgrade.html
Relevancy 25.37%

So the burning question on every user's mind this July - To upgrade or not to upgrade Microsoft's done a good job upselling the free upgrade to Windows despite the now-forced updates not crazy about that and the loss of some features such to or not upgrade? upgrade To Windows 10: as native USB Floppy support I myself have been debating it - I'm inclined to think that I'm probably not going to upgrade I Windows 10: To upgrade or not to upgrade? still use some legacy programs that probably wouldn't like W drivers are going to be fairly crude for awhile and I like how I've got Windows set up so far I like not having to touch anything to do with the Metro system Coupled with the fact that I'm most likely going to be upgrading this summer anyway and will probably have to buy a new Windows license So - besides you Linux Windows 10: To upgrade or not to upgrade? users - what are your upgrade plans oldieNot everyone can decipher Klingon script chay' ta' SoH tlhe' vam Doch Daqmessage edited by OLDISGOOD

A:Windows 10: To upgrade or not to upgrade?

If you have Get Windows 10 app icon in your notification area, follow this article to find out what issue(s) you are liklely to have if you choose to upgrade. The free upgrade will run out 1 year from July 29, 2015 and can be used on any number of eligible PC that meets Windows 10 system requirements.So - besides you Linux users - what are your upgrade plans? Go HERE, cast your vote then compare it against the result of what over 4400 users plan to do.i_Xp/Vista/W7User

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-to-upgrade-or-not-to-upgrade/25.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm currently running XP with SP2 on an Intel Conroe 2.00Ghz with 2 Gigs 667Mhz RAM.
Also have a Nvidia 7300 256Mb graphics card and a sound blaster 5.1 card installed.
I can't make up my mind as to whether to upgrade to Vista or stick with XP 'coz if I upgrade to Vista there are no drivers for my Sound Blaster card and also for my bluetooth dongle .
So should I upgrade to Vista or not?
If yes will generic blue tooth drivers work for my BT dongle ?
Any suggestions would be appreciated....

Relevancy 25.37%

I have an Aspire R3-131T and would like to upgrade to Windows 10. The BIOS needs to be upgraded first. How do I do that? Please answer in very simple 1, 2, 3, etc steps, I am not a computer wizard. Thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/How-do-I-upgrade-the-BIOS-so-that-I-can-upgrade-to-Windows-10/td-p/437831/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 25.37%

What's the best sequence to do this? Should I clone the present HDD to a new larger one then go through the W7 custom/clean upgrade? Or, perhaps I can just do a Windows Easy Transfer to an external drive, swap the new HDD into the machine, boot from the W7 DVD, and install to the new drive?

This is a Compaque Presario desktop about 5 years old running XP home premium.

A:Windows 7 upgrade on XP & HDD upgrade

Hi -

Be sure to run Windows 7 upgrade advisor --> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...pgrade-advisor

Info on XP --> Windows 7 -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...p-to-windows-7

http://windows.microsoft.com/upgrade?os=other

Easy Transfer OK, but I would be sure to copy out vital files individually (by folder) to external USB drive to assure that you can access them again on any system. Boot into SAFEMODE to copy files out - faster.

I would advise that you reinstall XP on new HDD, then run Windows 7 upgrade.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-upgrade-on-xp-and-hdd-upgrade-494144.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I have windows 7 and bought windows 8 upgrade discs (still unopened), I have no SSD now but want to buy one. What should i Do install win 8 first then the SSD? Or the other way around? What's better What will my recovery options be if I get a nasty virus? Also once my ssd is in it can't fit everything so when i want to download things and programs to the old HDD that will be fine right i can still access them from the desktop, thanks I'm new to this

A:How to upgrade to windows 8 and a ssd? have win 8 upgrade

Welcome to EightForums.

I would until you buy the SSD.

You can do a clean install to the SSD, but you need to delete the Windows 7 install.

Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

http://www.eightforums.com/general-d...ws-8-eula.html

Originally Posted by Microsoft

What about upgrading the software? The software covered by this agreement is an upgrade to your existing operating system software, so the upgrade replaces the original software that you are upgrading. You do not retain any rights to the original software after you have upgraded and you may not continue to use it or transfer it in any way. This agreement governs your rights to use the upgrade software and replaces the agreement for the software from which you upgraded. After you complete your upgrade, additional software will be required to playback or record certain types of media, including DVDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/32412-how-upgrade-windows-8-ssd-have-win-8-upgrade.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm pretty compitant on the sorftware side of computers but i dont have much of an idea of the hardware side. I dont even know if what i have got is slow or that its because im imapatiant.

Anyway here are my current specs:

CPU: Pentium D 805 (2.66Ghz, 533Mhz fsb, 2X1Mb cache)
Ram: 1GB DDR2 533Mhz
Graphics: ATI Radeon X600 256 MB hypermemory

Looking to spend around 40 on memory upgrade. 80 on graphics and 150 on CPU.

Could some people give me an idea on what stuff to buy or even if i need to

These are the things i think i need:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Socket 775 2.4GHz (the Ghz rating is lees, doe sthis mean it is slower or waht!)
Ram: Crucial 1GB kit (512MBx2), 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 PC2-4200 memory module (to add to my existing 1Gb)
Graphics: Sapphire Technology Radeon X1650Pro 512MB DDR2 AGP8x

Relevancy 25.37%

Should I upgrade from XP SP2 with IE6 to SP3 and follow up with an IE8 upgrade? My system is running fine at present but I'd appreciate some feedback as to whether I should change. Also, I have the impression there could be some difficulties for a novice. Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] Upgrade XP SP2 with IE6 to SP3 and IE8 upgrade

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...-a-247434.html

Most bugs have been fixed with SP3.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-upgrade-xp-sp2-with-ie6-to-sp3-and-ie8-upgrade-514527.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everyone

I'm considering whether to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7. IMHO, the new OS seems to be not sufficiently "mature" yet, and it is better to wait for the first service pack to come out before actually upgrading.

What do you think? Should I upgrade nevertheless?

TIA

Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

I have replace new CPU 2.8ghz on CPU 1.7ghz...do i have upgrade BIOS? but how?

Thanks.

Relevancy 24.94%

Win7-Home -> Win7-Pro-Upgrade -> Win8-Pro-Upgrade -> Win8.1

Yes I had to go through that litany of upgrades to get to Win8.1 and I then installed a bunch of software on top. Then I wanted to use the Windows Hyper-V so I could get Ubuntu running also but it turns out that my Intel CPU Core 2 Duo will not support Hyper-V.

So I bought a new motherboard and CPU with the 1155 socket which should support Hyper-V.

So is there someway to shortcut this litany of of disk-in disk-out over and over and over upgrade chain that took me three days to get through? I would be willing to pay for the Windows 8 non-upgrade key for $199 but when I called the Microsoft store they said it was "OUT OF STOCK" what ever the frig that means and they couldn't sell me one. Can't get it online either.

A:Win7-Home -> Win7-Pro-Upgrade -> Win8-Pro-Upgrade -> 8.1

Newegg has a non-upgrade OEM disc you can use @ Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Full Version) I hope that's what you are looking for.

If you need the Windows 8 Professional instead (OEM): Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (Full Version)

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/32274-win7-home-win7-pro-upgrade-win8-pro-upgrade-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 24.94%

As in, keep all of my files and programs? Or will Windows 7 Ultimate clean my computer of everything? Because I hear that in order to save anything, I need to move it to an external hard drive. And if that's what I have to do, what's the difference between the Upgrade version of Windows and the System Builder of Windows if they both wipe my computer clean? If the only way to save anything is to move it to another storage space?

A:I've got Windows 7 Ultimate, the upgrade edition. Can I upgrade from Windows XP?

Yes there is no direct upgrade from XP to 7.  You need to do a clean install.  You can use WIndows Easy Transfer to simplify moving your documents and settings across.  Programs need to be re-installed in 7 (the upgrade advisor will tell you of any known compatibility problems).  It's quickest and easiest using an external HDD.  Guide here.  The installer is the same for all - the difference between the different versions is in the license.  The Upgrade version will not accept your product key if you try to install it on a computer that doesn't already have an OS.  The System Builder (OEM) version is tied to the machine it's installed on - the license does not allow for it to be transferred to a new PC.  The "full" retail version can be used for upgrades or installation on a new PC.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543783/ive-got-windows-7-ultimate-the-upgrade-edition-can-i-upgrade-from-windows-xp/
Relevancy 23.22%

I don't want to update to W10 yet and I have read that I cannot keep my current W7 installation along with a free upgraded a W10 from the same W7 key.
So, if I do the free upgrade from W7 to W10 and then go back to W7, will I keep the free upgrade on this PC if I install W10 after the summer 2016 deadline? Or going back to W7 will disable the free upgrade to W10?

Thank you.

A:Free upgrade to W10 and go back to W7: do I keep the free upgrade?

Technically, your license has been converted to Windows 10 license and thus you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free past the deadline.
I saw many questions regarding this on Microsoft Answers too but this remains a mystery as of now.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/42112-free-upgrade-w10-go-back-w7-do-i-keep-free-upgrade.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Windows 7 Premium upgrade that was upgraded from Vista on my Dell Inspiron 530 PC. Can I upgrade from this to Windows 8 Pro, without having to remove Windows 7? Or will I have to go back To Vista to install the Windows 8 Pro Upgrade. If the latter is the case, can I take my PC back to Vista Factory settings to get rid of Windows 7 upgrade. Grateful for any help.
Moonshine.

A:Windows 7 Premium Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro upgrade ?

Windows 8 is an upgrade...it's the only way it comes from what I've read. So no you wont have to go back to any OS. It should upgrade over top of your existing OS, that's why it has a new product key. According to my understanding of windows 8 as it stands right now.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10090-windows-7-premium-upgrade-windows-8-pro-upgrade.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Guys 10 do with windows upgrade prob windows 8 to upgrade I How Thank you very much for your help last time I guess I have a real challenge for you this time The last time I How do I upgrade to windows 10 with windows 8 upgrade prob tried to upgrade my windows to windows I was not able to download anything from the internet As I tried to reformat my computer and reinstall windows it did not let me I had to use one of the Sony Vaiogate apps to do this Nevertheless I spent days rebuilding my computer In the end I managed it but I turned off all upgrades because if I upgrade it sees my home wifi router it connects to the internet but the browser does not see it and I am unable to use the internet My computer has been running without any kind of upgrades except for the anti-virus software for about a year now How can I then upgrade from windows to windows if my computer is not able to get connected to the internet again after the first upgrade Can I get a windows installation DVD if I send you my windows registration number Do you have any kind of solution to this problem Thank you

A:How do I upgrade to windows 10 with windows 8 upgrade prob

You can only get the free Windows 10 upgrade only if you are currently running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1, see this:
Windows 10 FAQ & Tips - Microsoft

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/66818-how-do-i-upgrade-windows-10-windows-8-upgrade-prob.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Windows 10 Home x64 in use.
This W10 is activated after upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium.

Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home
with a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro DVD and a valid key ?
The current Windows 10 Home x64 has applications installed.

In this case NO upgrade selected to W10Pro by entering a valid key under
Settings / Systems / Info / Upgrade option.

A:W10 Home x64 (via upgrade W7 Home Premium) upgrade to W10 Pro by DVD

Go to system, updates and security, activation screen. Change product key, enter the Windows 10 Pro product key.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/40418-w10-home-x64-via-upgrade-w7-home-premium-upgrade-w10-pro-dvd.html
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi, guys!
Did you here that recently New Acronis True Image 9.0 has been released?
I've read about it in Googl.groups, than I check the vendor's site and it's really true, so I'm wondering, should I upgrade my previous version?

A:NEW Upgrade

Solei said:

Hi, guys!
Did you here that recently New Acronis True Image 9.0 has been released?
I've read about it in Googl.groups, than I check the vendor's site and it's really true, so I'm wondering, should I upgrade my previous version? Click to expand...

Good day, Solei!

I just installed TI9 over the older version and upgrade went fine without any problems!

And I noticed something I like. I don't like to have the Acronis service run at startup so its set to manual as well as all that stuff Acronis adds to startup, it has been removed.
Before with version 8 backup was a huge pain in the arse. I had to manually find all the files TrueImage needs to run and start them. Otherwise the backup just hangs and doesn't go anywhere. They seem to have fixed that problem. Now start TrueImage and backup and TrueImage will start the service and any necessary files it needs to operate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-upgrade.400838/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi

My notebook came with Home Basic. I want to upgrade it to home premium. (edit: its vista)

I already have a Home Premium installer DVD and a license code. So that said, not an "Anytime upgrade" disc or code, but a full retail one. The one that comes with a box.

I want to *upgrade* keeping all settings drivers programs etc in place. Just like I could with anytime upgrade.
I thought of hot-running the installer (by opening it inside windows, not booting from it) and using upgrade in such a way as I would upgrade OS.

Would that work? Would it keep my stuff?

Note: I have image backup so dont worry its not your problem if I lose something I have backed up everything.

A:Can I upgrade?

According to several posts I've seen, you can use your retail Windows 7 Home Premium key to do an Anytime Upgrade.

See here for one instance of this: How to use a retail Windows 7 Professional license key to upgrade an installed Windows 7 Home Premium machine - Super User

It's Home Premium to Pro but Home Basic to Home Premium SHOULD be the same.

Try it, nothing to lose.

Click START and and type Windows Anytime Upgrade and press Enter.
Select Enter an Upgrade Key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/342709-can-i-upgrade.html
Relevancy 20.21%

So I've recently decided to build a PC w/ a pretty descent lineup: AMD FX-8360 black edition, and GTX 960 with 4 GB of RAM.
However, while this setup runs games very smoothly, I still find myself wanting just a little more power. I could settle for about 15 FPS higher. Games like Fallout 4 run at about 50-70 FPS on ultra but sometimes, I hit low spots of 30 or so when I'm in the city. My question is this: Should I upgrade my CPU or my GPU? The problem is this, If i decide to upgrade my CPU, then I have to replace my motherboard as well. Another field of thought: should I go with dual 960s or get a 970? I'm just looking to spend as little as possible to get those extra FPS.
Responses are appreciated, thanks!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/129506-what-upgrade.html