Windows Support Forum

CD & DVD drives don't have 'recording' tabs!

Q: CD & DVD drives don't have 'recording' tabs!

Help OK here s what is going on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or tabs! don't CD have DVD & drives 'recording' late January I CD & DVD drives don't have 'recording' tabs! was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know CD & DVD drives don't have 'recording' tabs! one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to CD & DVD drives don't have 'recording' tabs! I think a virtual drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CD & DVD drives don't have 'recording' tabs!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: CD & DVD drives don't have 'recording' tabs!

your using nero burning software if you run your pc in user mode you will need "nero burning rights" to be able to burn disks.
if you use your pc in admin mode then you should have full rights to do what ever you like on the pc..
look in my computer to see the rom drive letter or check it in the bios..that it is installed correctly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-drives-dont-have-recording-tabs.908505/
Relevancy 59.34%

My Operating System is XP Home. Can anyone walk me through the process of choosing the correct Safe Mode and then accessing the volume tabs for the Recording part of the Realtek HD Audio Manager Mixer portion? I have been advised that this is the only way to access these functions. I would like to utilize the Line-in port on the motherboard (Asus P5KC).

Thanks in advance for any assistance submitted.

RC Pilot

A:Accessing Realtek Mixer Recording Vol Tabs

RC Pilot, you do NOT have to boot into safe mode.

Click on the sound icon in the system tray.
When properties opens, click on OPTIONS, choose Properties, check Advanced Controls.
Next click OPTIONS again, this time choose Properties, then check the circle next to Recording under Adjust Volume For.
Mark each category listed under Show the following volume controls you want to view.
Since you want Line In, make sure it's checked, then click OK.

Check the Select box under Line In.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE SPEAKER ICON, from Start Menu go to Control Panel.
Open up Sounds and Audio Devices/Audio tab.
Click Volume in Sound Recording.

You will have to follow the above procedure using OPTIONS if you don't see Line In.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258356/accessing-realtek-mixer-recording-vol-tabs/
Relevancy 52.46%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys!

We're having an issue with a laptop computer connected to an external screen where the tabs in internet explorer are huge compared to the other browsers. When not connected to an external screen there is no problem with huge tabs. Please see attached screenshot, all help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

A:Huge tabs in internet explorer, edge and chrome have normal sized tabs

Your screen resolution on the external monitor needs to increase in number to reduce the size of the icons and tabs.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/65855-huge-tabs-internet-explorer-edge-chrome-have-normal-sized-tabs.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there I got a virus trojan of some sort today when an IT technician just had to poke his USB not on Google Tabs; Working Click; Button Wrench New Chrome Links Opens in Close Tabs inside my netbook The immediate effect I noticed was that Google Chrome started opening whatever link I clicked in a new tab even though I did not press CTRL when clicking Also when I clicked the newly opened Google Chrome Opens Links in New Tabs; Tabs Close on Click; Wrench Button not Working tab it instantly closed I noticed that pressing CTRL Tab allowed me to swtich between tabs without them closing so yay for me What was even weirder was that the virus trojan not only affected Chrome but also my desktop I could no longer drag and drop to move files into a folder and I can t move a single thing on my desktop they d return to their original place and not snap onto another grid column row Then I tried finding a solution and came across two posts on Google support forums describing the exact same problem as what I was facing both were dated http www google com support forum p Chrome thread tid fa ec a amp hl en http www google com support forum p Chrome thread tid c a amp hl en After reading I realised that when I click Other bookmarks on my bookmarks bar Chrome will ask if I want to open all of my bookmarks in new tabs Anyway the solution posted by the supposed quot top contributor quot was really a big help So here I am After running HijackThis DDS amp GMER the symptoms are finally gone after running GMER actually It says the thing is a rootkit But I m not sure if it s still there nbsp

A:Google Chrome Opens Links in New Tabs; Tabs Close on Click; Wrench Button not Working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-chrome-opens-links-in-new-tabs-tabs-close-on-click-wrench-button-not-working.1020987/
Relevancy 45.15%

As explained in the topic IE8, and Chrome in windows tabs in FireFox with blank New tabs multiple title I downloaded and installed a trojan from trying to watch the most recent episode of a TV show I had torrented Installed the file License v setup exe Not a good idea Trying to get rid of it Please New windows with multiple tabs in FireFox and IE8, blank tabs in Chrome enjoy the following DDS results DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by quixorbl at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live disabled Updated DAE- F - D - - E CFFDAA SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C New windows with multiple tabs in FireFox and IE8, blank tabs in Chrome Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Blue Coat K Web Protection k filter exe C New windows with multiple tabs in FireFox and IE8, blank tabs in Chrome Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system conime exe C Users quixorbl AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users quixorbl AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users quixorbl AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users quixorbl AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users quixorbl Documents Downloads dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB -BD F- DB- C - D D - No File uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live mess... Read more

A:New windows with multiple tabs in FireFox and IE8, blank tabs in Chrome

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279730/new-windows-with-multiple-tabs-in-firefox-and-ie8-blank-tabs-in-chrome/
Relevancy 44.72%

i am getting tabs such as 
http://--load-component-extension%3Dc/Program%20Files/Google/Chrome/Application/Extensions/chrome/man
when i start up chrome  that only started after i managed to get rid of some extension coupon malware(i thought)
it brings up 4 blank tabs with names like that and they do nothing as far as i know, how can i fix these.

A:getting unwanted extra tabs that are not in the tabs list on startup

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Important: To help me reviewing your logs, please post them in code boxes. You can create them by clicking on the <>-symbol on top of the reply window.    HijackThis is not the preferred initial scanning tool in this forum. With today's malware, a more comprehensive set of logs is required to determine the presence of malware.    Scan with FRST in normal modePlease download Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop: FRST 32bit or FRST 64bit (If not sure: Start --> Computer (right click) --> properties) Run FRST.Don´t change one of the checkboxes and hit Scan.Logfiles are created on your desktop.Poste the FRST.txt and (after the first scan only!) the Addition.txt.  Scan with Gmer rootkit scannerPlease download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
SectionsIAT/EATShow All ( should be unchecked by default )Leave everything else as it is.Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Please post the content of the ark.txt here.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries Scan with TDSS-KillerPlease read and follow these instructions carefully. We do not want it to fix anything yet (if found), we need to see a report first.Download TDSSKiller.zip and extract to your desktopExecute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
Press Start Scan
If Malicious objects are found, do NOT select Copy to quarantine. Change the action to Skip, and save the log.
Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txtPlease attach this file to your next reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552269/getting-unwanted-extra-tabs-that-are-not-in-the-tabs-list-on-startup/
Relevancy 44.29%

My Microphone stopped picking up sound from my computer a few months ago, frustrated with different things i ignored it for the time being but lately i've a need to use my microphone again. i'm hoping to get this problem fixed i've attached some pictures.

Picture one
when i move the slider in the red box to the top the green box where the level is picks up one square

i press ok

and the green box is empty again

i go back to recording control screen and the red box is back down again.

picture three
the black box where others is located is grayed out.

if there is any more information i can provide i will.

the microphone worked fine before it just stopped overnight

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-recording-sound-volume-control-recording-properties.658886/
Relevancy 43.86%

I work next to a window that allows a lot of sun in, which is a good thing. Unfortunately when I have Excel open, it is often difficult for me to tell the difference between a worksheet with more than one tab selected, which gets awkward when I change a sheet and the changes go to other sheets which I hadn't intended.

I would like to change my excel program so that when I have selected multiple sheets, it is blatently obvious that they've been selected. Either a deeper shade or a shade in a different color.

This is not the same thing as simply changing a tab color, which I don't seem to have the power to do in the worksheets I work with.

A:Excel Tabs - Shade Selected Tabs

Not that I have worked with it, but a quick search with Google gives a large number of hits, one of these is the following link

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-1059/Work-Sheet-Tab-Size.htm

Maybe you should start from there, I don't know of other options but I'm sure that other forum usre's may have ideas too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-tabs-shade-selected-tabs.957262/
Relevancy 43%

Windows Home Premium SP1 with Media Center... How can I change the end time (eg. increase it by 15 mins) of a TV programme I am already recording?!

I started recording a programme from the Guide - it had already started - I was in a bit of a hurry. But the programme is running late (the time in the Guide is wrong!) - how can I extend the recording time? I can not find this (basic) option anywhere?!

I can extend the recording time (by X mins) for a programme I have scheduled to record at some time in the future (under "Record Settings"), but not for the TV show I am currently recording?!

(The TV show goes on for another hour or so and I want to go to bed...)

Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Recording TV - Change end time once recording has started?

Have you tried going to Recorded TV, selecting the show that you're currently recording and adjusting the recording options from there?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/194550-recording-tv-change-end-time-once-recording-has-started.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey, so, I have a strange problem. I'm running firefox 3.6.13. Every once in a while (once or maybe twice a day) when I'm just browsing or whatever a ton new tabs will start opening to youtube homepage. There seems to be no particular cause or time when it happens... just random. Tab after tab after tab, and even when I close them, more will open. This goes on for a few minutes, then stops.

Could this be a firefox problem, or a virus or something else?

Thanks for your help.

--ProstoTak

A:[SOLVED] tabs and tabs of youtube

Scan your computer for infections.

Do the youtube pages start appearing when you're on a particular site or click a bookmark?

Do you have any video-related addons installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-tabs-and-tabs-of-youtube-536605.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I am EpicallyAWSM Alright before I explain Recording Not [Recording] Available, Sound Mix Stereo I must tell you that I WAS able to record audio previously I'm having a problem while recording audio with Fraps a game video-recording software Previously I was unable to [Recording] Stereo Mix Available, Sound Recording Not find the Stereo Mix at all until I found the Drivers CD that came with my computer After I installed the driver I tested it on a few different games but the result was still the same no audio in my recorded files I have double-checked and the volume [Recording] Stereo Mix Available, Sound Recording Not for Stereo Mix is maxed and it is set to the default recording device I have spent countless hours trying to find a fix for this problem so I decided to file it in myself One thing though is that I'm aware my sound card driver is a little out of date but I am unable to update it because I get an error while running the setup file My sound card is quot Realtek High Definition Audio Card quot - that's all I know about it I'm sure my [Recording] Stereo Mix Available, Sound Recording Not version of Fraps is capable of recording this audio because I was able to do so before Suddenly though I was unable to record audio and I had a problem with sound channels in Game Maker problem I will be asking in the Game Maker forum I am unsure what to do Please do not give me the answers I have been seeing for the past week Check Show All Devices make sure your volume is maxed etc Thank you EpicallyAWSM

A:[Recording] Stereo Mix Available, Sound Recording Not

Are you able to record in any other program, other than fraps? Download the free Audacity recording program and try recording with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/145322-recording-stereo-mix-available-sound-recording-not.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Im trying to record audio but only record what I hear & not record from my mic. Problem is my mic is my only option. I updated my drivers which are Conexant High Def Smart Audio221 & also NVIDIA High Def Audio. But after I did that I only a 1 single option to choose from when I look under recording devices. And it is showing disabled devices as well. Any idea's on what im doing wrong and/or what I need? Thanks, L

Basically I want to record what only comes out of my speakers & not pic up any backround noise from my mic.

A:Recording Audio but only recording what I hear?

Could you please restate your problem in different (clearer) words? I am willing to help you, but I am sorry, I cannot understand your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/261700-recording-audio-but-only-recording-what-i-hear.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok so here's my problem: In any program with tabs (FireFox, VMWare Workstation, etc.) the window appears as multiple windows in the taskbar. This is a problem for me because I usually have multiple windows open each with a few tabs. So when I hover over the program on the taskbar I can't tell the difference between separate windows and separate tabs. If anyone here knows how I can fix this I would appreciate your help very much!

A:Multiple Tabs in FireFox Creates Multiple Window Tabs

Why do you need to tell the difference between Windows and Tabs? Don't they all end in the same place of viewing a certain page?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/104310-multiple-tabs-firefox-creates-multiple-window-tabs.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Only just noticed this but have confirmed other PC's exhibit this same behaviour. The tabs on the top line of the browser don't match the order of the preview tabs at the bottom. As you open other sites and open and close tabs sometimes they do manage to line up and sometimes not......

Anyone else noticed this ?

A:IE11 tabs and IE11 "preview tabs" out of sync.

Not for me..

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/54050-ie11-tabs-ie11-preview-tabs-out-sync.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi we have a Supermicro server with an Intel C series controller and we would like to use some of the ports and their disks as removable devices to allow to copy media from one server to another I mean - The controller has ports with disk on each disks in total - The first ports will remain the same not removable OS in Raid Media in Raid - The other ports - will be used with SATA SSD drives and we need to remove them via Eject hardware as an attached hard drive and then being able to attach them to the backup server to read the media So far as I know there's a DWORD I may need to add in the registry but a little help would be more than welcome to solve this This is the opposite way to not allow the HDD to be ejected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services asahci Controller Channel quot TreatAsInternalPort quot dword HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services asahci Controller Channel quot TreatAsInternalPort quot dword Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4631f581-6251-4db6-9bc3-7068dce01516/how-to-have-sata-drives-connected-to-an-intel-raid-controller-as-removable-drives?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 34.83%

So I bought this external 40 gig drive a while back and it turned out it was actually a pair of 20 gig drives. my itunes library has just reached the capacity of the device and it won't let me add anything else as long as i'm consolidating things onto the drive, which i would like to keep doing to save disk space on my actual PC. is there a way i can either merge the 2 drives or set itunes so that it splits the library between the drives? thanks!

A:Splitting Consolidated iTunes library over 2 external drives? (merging drives!?)

Don't know much about Itunes other than it's very restrictive about moving tunes. I've read a lot of good things about SharePod that sounds like you can do most anything you would want and still use itunes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/splitting-consolidated-itunes-library-over-2-external-drives-merging-drives-93716.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I was wondering what the best way to make sure your external drive is functioning as it should?

Also, how much damage is done if your drive loses power abruptly?

Also, why would someone want a larger drive that needs an additional power source compared to a portable drive?

A:Checking Drives for errors and difference between portable and large external drives

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/checking-drives-for-errors-and-difference-between-portable-and-large-external-drives.1103892/
Relevancy 34.83%

I am having some frustrating trouble with my CD drives currently I m afraid what follows is an ineloquent description of the symptoms my system is experiencing as I haven t any clue what the read; time no drives drives longer if CD are long closed start-up direct problem CD drives no longer read; long start-up time if drives are closed is I would truly appreciate some help I have a CD drive for reading and a seperate drive for burning The burning drive won t recognize any CD - blank or with content The reading drive still can read audio CDs but only in a round-about way I am on Windows XP I ve had both drives for a few years They both worked perfectly up until last week Both drives still open and close More curiously if either drive is closed when I am rebooting my computer I get at least minutes of a blank screen before my Window log-in screen appears The log-in page will load immediately if I then open both drives or if I open them during the reboot but before I get the long delay screen When I click on the reading drive through quot My Computer quot I get an error message saying that there s no associated file type for the drive However if I put an audio CD in that drive I can still access the music through iTunes and WinAmp both programs I ve had unchanged for years The burning drive won t recognize any CD period blank or otherwise It therefor doesn t burn either My own unsuccessful troubleshooting I have a recent Symantec virus scanning program that is completely updated It can find no viruses on my system I uninstalled the burning drive thinking perhaps the drivers were corrupted but when Windows automatically reinstalled the drive after restarting the computer the problem persists I ve been all through the Device Manager to make sure the proper preferences are turned on I believe I know that the drives aren t physically damaged and are connected properly to the harddrive The only thing that I can think of that may have caused this was a recent program installation I installed MaxMSP for a course I am taking However the msi install file wouldn t load with my computer and so I download a WGAPlugin from the Windows website so I could view the file It didn t work I figured out I could read the msi file through Internet Explorer later on and was then able to install the program I can t recall if I have burned a CD after that installation but I don t believe I have I am at a loss and the end of my limited knowledge of what I can do to troubleshoot on my own Could the registry files be damaged Is it the drivers A virus that I can t find PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

Hey.

When I start up my PC everything goes very slowly, things "chops" or lagged as most say.

It comes up a menu that says:

JMicron Technology Corp.. PCI Express to SATA1 HOST Controller ROM v1.02
Copyright ? 2005-2010. JMicron Technology Corp..

Detecting drives; Done, No Drives Found.

-

Have tried most but I find no solutions to this problem, if there is anyone who knows anything about this or can help me, please comment on what I should do.

Thank you!

When I get into the desktop, everything quickly, and I have no problems there ..

What could it be?

A:Detecting drives; Done, No Drives Found - Error and Slow startup

That message would indicate that you have an add on card installed inside your desktop PC that adds SATA ports.

Do you?

Mind you, without your System Specs I am just stabbing in the dark.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269137-detecting-drives-done-no-drives-found-error-slow-startup.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I am running Windows XP SP3 right now on a Lenovo 7650-ELU and experiencing some odd problems. For some reason, the laptop I have will not recognize USB Flash Drives that I put into it or External Hard Drives. I know that the USB ports work correctly, because I have plugged in optical mouses and keyboards that work. I searched the forums and didn't see anything like this.

It's odd how when I first insert them, it makes the sound and shows the icon in the taskbar that would allow me to safely remove the device, but nothing else. So far, I have gone into the device manager and uninstalled all the USB ports and restarted hoping this would solve my problem, but it continues to do the same thing.

If anyone has some helpful advise, please post. I appreciate all the help.

Cheers!

A:USB Ports Don't Recognize Flash Drives or External Hard Drives

Has it ever worked before?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-ports-dont-recognize-flash-drives-or-external-hard-drives-335404.html
Relevancy 34.83%

As you see in the screenshot Explorer just sits there trying to load the folder I've requested This happens seemingly randomly at with Explorer load network folders/drives drives. mounted can't least I haven't been able to find a pattern If I unmount all network drives the problem disappears Sometimes it loads within a few seconds while some other time it can keep loading for several minutes preventing me from doing anything useful As you can imagine this is very frustrating One solution to temporarily bypass this is to cut the network connection and open the folder I need and then reconnect the network System -Windows Home Pro -ZyXEL NAS with latest firmware I've gone through several firmware updates since purchase -Other devices mounted as network drives for easy access e g Android phone Shield Android TV etc -Router Netgear WNR Lv with Tomato firmware by Shibby Same as NAS gone through several firmware upgrades -downgrades problem persists The router is Master Browser and WINS Server and these features are turned off on Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives. the NAS ipconfig all shows WINS Server as router

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58093-explorer-cant-load-folders-drives-mounted-network-drives.html
Relevancy 34.83%

A Moderator has Moved your thread to our Windows forum as there are some things you need to know in order to rescue data you probably need and some drives way any of pull hard there to Is independently? data off drives/storage other stuff you shouldl be aware Is there any way to pull data off of hard drives/storage drives independently? of help should arrive soon My hard drive won t boot and SMART says it s BAD backup and replace quot I can t replace it now no money so I was wondering if there s a way to get Windows completely pulled off the drive Is there any way to pull data off of hard drives/storage drives independently? from its sectors and transferred to another storage drive WITHOUT the hard drive connected to a motherboard no BIOS etc Just independent of its self with the jumper power to start it can data be physically removed from it without it being connected to a motherboard Is there any way something like this can be done Because here s what I want to do I want to clear the hard drive and keep its files the OS and other files on it move them to another storage drive then boot them from say a GB USB drive and install them on a new hard drive from there Will something like this work Assuming I boot from the USB with a new functioning hard drive installed can I just sort of quot move quot the OS to the new empty hard drive to install it there What are the steps of doing this exactly I m not skilled experienced in this area at all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-any-way-to-pull-data-off-of-hard-drives-storage-drives-independently.1060461/
Relevancy 34.83%

BSOD whenever a usb device gets plugged -flash drives, external drives

- Thanks for having this forum

A:BSOD whenever a usb device gets plugged -flash drives, external drives

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8000348bda9, fffff880039bcd58, fffff880039bc5b0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys
Probably caused by : disk.sys ( disk! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+70f )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> lmvm snapman
start end module name
fffff880`01e00000 fffff880`01e46000 snapman T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: snapman.sys
Image path: snapman.sys
Image name: snapman.sys
Timestamp: Wed Mar 09 23:52:38 2011 (4D777F1E)
CheckSum: 0004F614
ImageSize: 00046000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Ensure Windows is updated, then reboot and update your Acronis installation:
Backup software for data backup and disaster recovery in Windows and Linux - Acronis

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366969-bsod-whenever-usb-device-gets-plugged-flash-drives-external-drives.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I set up a new computer. Windows 7 Pro 64x
Everything was fine but then I connected a flash drive to it and I get:

Location Not Available
H:\ is not accessible. Access is denied

If I go into the properties to the ?security? tab, it says ?you do not have permission to view or edit this object?s permission settings?

If I go into the ?owner? tab of Advanced Security Settings, current owner says ?Unable to display current owner?
This is on every flash drive and portable hard drive on all 4 usb ports.
I am logged in as the administrator and there is not even another user account on the computer
I?ve run sfc /scannow

I?m absolutely stumped. I?ve never had this happen on any computer where I couldn?t use an external device.

This is not my computer so I?ll have to do whatever remotely.

Thank you for the help.

A:All Flash Drives & External Hard Drives NOT ACCESSIBLE?

Sometimes when I plug in a USB Thumb/Flash drive I get a message about "this device can perform faster if plugged into a USB 2 port" so I shut the computer down and pull the power cord and USB devices from the back of it. After waiting a bit I put everything back and all is good.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/354251-all-flash-drives-external-hard-drives-not-accessible.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a new computer plus a couple of other computers and I have some external hard drives and flash drives. what is the best way to check these devices to make sure they are clean, will just connecting them and viewing them or running AV and other security checks propose a risk to the computer that is checking?
Thanks for any advise!

A:External Hard drives and flash drives security

zformer,

You can consider the use of the Panda Vaccine on your computer and USB Drives:
Download Panda USB and AutoRun Vaccine - MajorGeeks

This tool provides a two way security by vaccinating both computer and/or USB drives.
It work on NTFS, FAT, FAT32 formatted drives.
However, vaccinating a USB drive cannot be undone without formatting the USB disk, using a hex editor, or a File Manager in a Linux distribution..

Next, make sure that your Antivirus can scan USB drives. Some do not have this option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/361360-external-hard-drives-flash-drives-security.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Are external Tape drives as good as internal drives? The drive is used with VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers Version 9.1.4691.1.

Relevancy 34.4%

I ve got an old Dell Inspiron PC that into Plugging Cable? to IDE Optical Drives' Drives Hard the office uses as shared storage printer server etc and it s been having issues seeing Plugging Hard Drives into to Optical Drives' IDE Cable? USB drives correctly Although the laser printer that s on USB has never ever had a problem Yesterday it dawned on me that instead of plugging in the extra drives I need I could put another couple of hard drives in in place of the optical drives that are never used on that machine So after a bit vague googling it seemed this was possible so I went ahead and removed both optical drives replacing them with hard drives Plugging Hard Drives into to Optical Drives' IDE Cable? so now the PC has internal drives and they work You wouldn t believe the hassle I ve had with NetworkAttachedStorage and various different USB drives while figuring out that this machine doesn t like USB drives The thing is the drives seem to be running really slowly Is this because CD drives won t need to receive data as fast as hard drives do Is there any way of setting it Plugging Hard Drives into to Optical Drives' IDE Cable? up to send data faster to these drives nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

I have a pc that has 2 400g hard drives in raid 0. The motherboard is bad and needs to be replaced. The drives in raid 0 are sata drives; I want to mirror the drives onto 2 400g pata drives before replacing the mobo so in case of disaster I would still have all the info. What would be the best way for me to do this? I have another machine running that has raid capability but is not using it. It has 4 sata connections and 2 ide drive connections, currently only using the 2 ide connections and no raid. I have Partition Magic 8 and Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8 Pro. Is it possible for me to use my current up and running system, and one of the 2 software programs to mirror these drives?

A:Can I copy sata raid 0 drives to pata drives?

MOBO is bad and you still want to recover info which might get corrupted in the transfer process.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-copy-sata-raid-0-drives-to-pata-drives.71850/
Relevancy 34.4%

I got my new hard drive home tonight and realized it's SATA and my current one (the one that actually boots and runs the machine) is parallel. I installed the sata and it seems to work- but is there any danger with these two drives co-existing in the same machine? Clearly the machine can accomodate them both, but is it a bad idea?

A:Solved: Can serial ATA drives and parallel ATA drives co-exist in the same CPU?

Virtually every PC today relies on the venerable ATA (Advanced Technology Attachment) interface to connect hard drives, CD drives, and other types of drives. Spurred by the relentless demands for faster drive performance and greater reliability, the ATA standard (also known as IDE), which has a rated connection speed of 3.3 MBps, has undergone many advances. The Ultra ATA (dubbed Ultra ATA/133) interface can pass 16 bits of parallel data between a drive and PC at speeds of up to 133 MBps.
Such parallel-signal schemes, however, are reaching the practical limits of current cable, drive, and controller electronics. To achieve even faster data transfer rates, drive manufacturers are turning to a serial scheme called Serial ATA (SATA). Though it may seem counterintuitive that a serial technology (which transfers data one bit at a time rather than transferring multiple data bits simultaneously, as a parallel scheme does) could outpace a parallel one, that's exactly what SATA does; it transfers data at a much faster rate and more efficiently. Now that SATA drives, add-in controller cards, and most importantly, PC chipsets are finally available, you'll want to understand the benefits of this technology.

SATA typically handles data transfers of up to 150 MBps and in the future can be scaled up to 300 MBps and beyond. Some manufacturers predict speeds as high as 600 MBps. SATA offers a speedier boot process and faster loading of programs and data. But perhaps the best part of the new technology is SATA's simpler cabling.

If you've ever looked inside a PC, you've seen the wide, gray, 40-pin ribbon cable that daisy-chains master/slave drives to the ATA controller port. Not only were those 40 wires laying close together a potential source of interference, but routing the bulky cable made the placement of drives difficult. Moreover, the traditional cables are notorious for disturbing air flow within PCs. SATA uses thin cables that route easily and don't block a PC's cooling system, thus preventing hot spots and improving overall system reliability.

Connecting SATA drives is easier, too. Each drive connects to the host PC via an individual cable; the host PC treats all drives as master devices, eliminating the jumper settings, which have frustrated users for years. This greatly eases installation and configuration. Finally, the cables can be longer. Current parallel ATA cables max out at 18 inches, while SATA cables can be as long as 39.4 inches (1 meter). That's good for high-end boxes that use full-tower cases.

You will also find adding or replacing drives easier with SATA. You won't have to power down your PC before connecting a new drive, because SATA allows for hot-pluggable connections, so you can add or remove SATA drives while your PC is running. The connectors are also keyed (that is, designed for one-way insertion), so you don't need to worry about accidentally reversing a connection.

SATA is software-compatible with ATA, so you don't need any special drivers or OS upgrades to support the new drives; the SATA controller does the conversion between the drive and host PC. Consequently, SATA drives can coexist on the same system with parallel ATA devices.

Yet because of the differences between SATA and parallel ATA, you can't simply drop a SATA drive into a parallel ATA system. Here's what it takes to implement Serial ATA on your PC.

To start, you'll need a new SATA drive such as the 120GB Seagate Barracuda ATA V (www.seagate.com). The only difference you'll see in the SATA drive is the connector scheme (and the absence of drive jumpers).

The host PC requires a SATA controller with one or more SATA ports, such as the Promise Technology SATA150 TX2plus, which combines two independent SATA ports and one Ultra ATA port and supports up to two serial and two Ultra ATA drives (www.promise.com). In new SATA-compatible machines, the motherboard uses a control... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-serial-ata-drives-and-parallel-ata-drives-co-exist-in-the-same-cpu.545874/
Relevancy 34.4%

On my Windoiws 7 Ultimate desktop PC, all my SATA hard drives are show up as removable from day 1. This is not a big problem but an anonyance. When I click "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media", all my fixed drives are listed along with the USB drive. Anyway to change the drive type of my internal drives to the proper type?
Thanks.

A:Internal SATA drives are treated as removable drives

mine does the same thing. each of my partitions show up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/117302-internal-sata-drives-treated-removable-drives.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi All I have hard drives that already have Windows installed on each My rig is a custom build so as for Motherboard I have Motherboard Gigabyte G Assassin has two GB s SATA ports and four GB s SATA ports if recognized in Desktop, network drives, Multiple all drives One not mistaken I would put eligible drives on the GB s Multiple drives, One Desktop, all drives recognized in network ports and the others on the GB s ports I know my MB is ancient now The quot new quot drives are already connected via SATA ports and both are functional but one is extremely slow and I believe it is because I didn't install them correctly Missing drivers or something not sure Here are my issues broken down I have two choices to make first is to use the quot fastest HDD quot as my primary and the other HDD's will be used as storage Second choice is to induce RAID or whichever is recommended If I go with RAID please point me to a site where I can use as a guide on how to do that correctly as I have never done that before Unless of course it is a simple process and can be explained here I just didn't want to have to go back and forth on this board while becoming a nuisance Going with the best recommendation based on above I need to resolve network recognition issues I use the WD Mycloud TB as my backup I like it because I travel a lot and I can easily use the app to pull up any document picture video etc while knowing that I don't need to pay a monthly fee to someone else However of the time when I boot up I see Could not reconnect network drives etc appear in service tray I need all drives and WD MyCloud to talk to one another on the network as apparently they are not half the time From research it seems that Microsoft acknowledges this as their own design flaw There are some with different variations of bypassing MSFT's design flaw by using scripts changing the registry or Group policies etc This is where I get lost and need help Reminder Currently all drives have Windows installed I will be conducting a clean install on all drives this weekend just to ensure My computer is getting a fresh start If not needed or I need to format them first please advise My memory is out playing somewhere else right now as I cannot recall quot what quot I need to install BEFORE I actually install the first hard drive s For starters I realize that I need to ensure the BIOS is up to date But aren't there quot Drivers quot that I need to install for SATA purposes before the HDD talks to it Or drivers other than this Otherwise the needed functionality will be lost if you don't install that first I am just reiterating what a MSFT support site mentioned but now can't remember all Sorry One last concern is that my drive letters change when I boot into my second new drive shown in attachment When I am on the primary the drive letter is C When I boot into the slave as I have configured in BIOS to be as such the drive letter for the slave is now C Also the Reserve partitions change their letters as well This has to be confusing just about every piece of software I have installed Do I need to partition these differently in order to make their drive letters stay consistent I guess if I went with a RAID configuration this wouldn't be happening Disk Management Screen Shot and Network are attached My task this weekend is to backup all data from all drives and afterwards was intending to do a clean install of Windows Professional on all drives just so I know things are starting off new and clean But the above issues or concerns need to be addressed if there is someone out there that knows what I need Thanks

A:Multiple drives, One Desktop, all drives recognized in network

I'll bite:

Why 4 Windows installations?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357804-multiple-drives-one-desktop-all-drives-recognized-network.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I was cleaning a PC that was infected with a tough rootkit and eventually rebuilt w/ OS to ensure all was well. During the attempted cleaning, I had a external hard drive and a flash drive connected to the PC. My question is ... can rootkits and their similar counterparts spread to attached drives such as these [and eventually infect the next PC they are attached to]?

I have since used the flash drive in a new Dell PC w/ Win7 and it is acting a bit strange all of a sudden after sitting overnight.

Thanks much!
Brian

A:Are Rootkits able to jump to external drives or removable drives?

Yes,that is quite easy,especially with .exe files.You ned to clean the drive and scan what ever iy connected to.Were they both Win7?EDIT:You can download and use Autorun Eater or Autorun USB Virus Finder which will allow removal of any suspicious 'autorun.inf' files they find. Panda USB Vaccine. Computer Vaccination will prevent any AutoRun file from running, regardless of whether the removable device is infected or not. USB Vaccination disables the autorun file so it cannot be read, modified or replaced and creates an AUTORUN_.INF as protection against malicious code. The Panda Resarch Blog advises that once USB drives have been vaccinated, they cannot be reversed except with a format. If you do this, be sure to back up your data files first or they will be lost during the formatting process.Another option for XP users is Flash_Disinfector by sUBs. Please read About Flash Disinfector by Papakid and USB/Flash Drive Safety by TheJoker.Finally, always scan USB flash drives and any external storage media after they have been used in other computer systems, even your own. An easy way to do this is to download "ClamWin Portable Antivirus", put it on your USB Flash Drive, update its definition files and perform a scan.{borrowed from our quietman7}

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438727/are-rootkits-able-to-jump-to-external-drives-or-removable-drives/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a HP computer with a cdrom and a cdwriter...my problem is My computer folder lists these as removable drives. I have sought other help, done numerous things...such as removing the cdroms from device manager and letting Windows 98 re-install them. I can't read these in Windows Explorer either.
I have Adaptech Cd Creator 4.0 and in this program under cd info....the contents of both drives can be seen, also I can test these 2 drives, and they work perfectly under the tests. Any ideas why My Computer and Explorer see these drives as removable? I have exhausted my ideas on this one?????

------------------
Jim Pleasant

A:{RESOLVED} Cd rom and cdwriter drives listed as removable drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-cd-rom-and-cdwriter-drives-listed-as-removable-drives.34782/
Relevancy 34.4%

My Windows 10 Home laptop will recognize all of my flash drives but won't recognize any of my external hard drives. They all use to show up but now they aren't. The hard drives show up in disk manager but won't show up in file explorer. I hooked them up to other laptops & they all show up. I've tried uninstalling drivers & reinstalling them but It hasn't worked. Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66530-flash-drives-recognized-but-external-hard-drives-not.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Weird issue I have drives of on a Win Pro computer mapped on a Win XP SP computer on Mapped Drives Network Solved: Drives on & my home network IT Solved: Mapped Drives & Drives on Network connects to ALL YET that same Win XP computer will NOT access those same drives on the Win computer through the network unmapped giving the message quot hostname X is not accessible quot but WILL connect to the other drives All drives have the same sharing and security settings Baffled any ideas Log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- T-USB Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Solved: Mapped Drives & Drives on Network nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

I tried everything i could,nothing worked.
i think that my hdd is dead
few days ago it was working perfectly
idk what happen
please help me

A:No drives were found...there are no fixed drives to show

From Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start:

Boot into BIOS setup to see if you can find any listing showing the HD is still alive. If so then run the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, following by a Disk Check from the installation DVD or Repair CD's Command Line.

If no sign of HD listed anywhere in BIOS - usually by a serial number you can google to find its make/model - then try reseating it or changing its cable to get it to register.

If HD cannot be made to register in BIOS, then replace it to do a Clean Reinstall Windows 7.

The best upgrade one can have is to buy an SSD, lightning fast, faster than buying a new high-end PC without one. Best deals of the day - Page 34 - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/364305-no-drives-were-found-there-no-fixed-drives-show.html
Relevancy 33.97%

hello,can anyone help me, i loaded daemon tools in the usual way then tried to mount Nero 7 only to find all my drives had gone, when i chose how many drives in daemon tools no drives were visible when i opened 'my computer'.
in my device manager my laptop drive and external drive have the yellow signs on indicating an error.i do not know how to rectify this as daemon tools has been working ok for the past few years.i have tried to get drivers,scsi atapi drivers updates etc.
please help as i havent had this before.
regards,
grommit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/daemon-tools-lost-my-drives-and-usb-drives.640621/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi

very bizarre :
- 3 of my 6 drives SATA connected to internal SATA connectors on board ( Z87 Deluxe)
- are shown in explorer "my computer" as hard disks ( while correctly DVD and USB are in removable drives list)
- however these 3 drives appear in the list of removable drives Under the W7 utility "safely remove" !

That could lead to confusion when removing removable drives !

Any explanation ? Can I correct this ?

I think that it is possible that these drives have been formatted and partitioned whiel on a SATA-to USB dock ( when PC was Under repair). Have tried to delete all partitions on one of those drives, and recreate partitions Under W7 with Acronis Disk Director, but no change.
Or should I remove them from Computer Management ?

TIA for help please !

Regards

A:SATA drives : internal appear as External drives !

It is not bizarre but a result of drives being connected to ports that allow hot swapping (set to AHCI)

One possibility is to install the Intel AHCI drivers instead of the stock drivers that are part of the Windows 7 DVD.

Another is this:

FIX: AHCI/SATA drives showing in "Safely Remove Hardware"

This works for the Intel controller.

If you are connected to another controller, go to the Device manager and right click on that controller and select properties.

Then under the Policies tab, you should be able to uncheck the box that allows safe removal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/323882-sata-drives-internal-appear-external-drives.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I am getting a little Drives not - Optimize properly drives defragmenting desperate and worried about my laptop's drive because of this This past week I've been having performance problems with my HP laptop Recently it had started to run a little slow so I run Analyze on Optimize Drives and clicked the C drive To my surprise it tells me quot Needs Defragmentation fragmented quot and I ran Optimize on it urgently This is the highest fragmentation percent I've ever had I defrag often to prevent problems since I use my laptop to make amateur PC games on Unity and stuff is always changing and moving around in the file system and Optimize Drives - drives not defragmenting properly the most I'd ever had was Well guess what After the defrag I run Analyze again just to make sure Instead of it being back fine and dandy at it tells me it was Is ssomething happening to my C drive that I can no longer defrag it like I used to Is my drive slowly kicking the bucket To top it all off when I Optimize Drives - drives not defragmenting properly run these optimization processes they take a donkey's age to complete and stay stuck at certain places a lot I'm getting a little concerned here I'm on Win legal not cracked Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/75007-optimize-drives-drives-not-defragmenting-properly.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have several old hard drives, taken from previouse CPU's. Is there anyway in which I can use them as external hard drives or be able to read what is stored on them, without hooking up INSIDE my CPU ?

Relevancy 33.97%

I have windows 7 pro and recently I have not been able to open up a new folder on any external hard drive or flash drive that I use with my computer. When I use these same flash and external hard drives in another computer it works fine, my initial thought is, there is something disabled in my system or some program is blocking me when I try to create a new folder in my drives. need advice and help.

A:Flash drives and external hard drives

It may be your explorer. Run a sfc /scannow in Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/315742-flash-drives-external-hard-drives.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I opened my computer the other day and when I clicked "computer" to go to my mapped networks drives to my surprise there are no hard drives or mapped drives displayed anymore.

Even when I go "open" in excel for example I don't see the drives.

I tried uninstalling sp1 in hope it would fix the problem but it did not. When I go into disk management I see my hard drives.

Is there a way to fix this? I have Vista Home Premium

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hard-drives-and-mapped-drives-missing-295022.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys I've been a fan of your forum for a while and didn't create an account til now I'm at my wits end and I'm desperate for help My posts on other forums have been won't Flash install drives drives & external ignored so I'll try here It all started when I bought Flash drives & external drives won't install the Dingoo A game system In order for it to work with Windows I had to replace the USBSTOR sys file with another Everything seemed fine except the file transfer to my Dingoo was exceptionally slow Eventually I followed instructions months ago and somehow got my Dingoo to not use it's preinstalled China Chip Drivers but Windows's mass storage driver Everything seemed fine for months until I bought a portable hard drive Seagate Freeagent Go Flex After spending hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't install I returned it about a week later I picked out a Patriot GB Flash Drive as a replacement to the Freeagent Go Surprise surprise drivers won't install Old flash drives still work they were installed before the Dingoo incident I've tried -Uninstalling and reinstalling device plenty of times -Pointed Windows towards quot system drivers quot and didn't help -Replaced USBSTOR sys with Windows XP version -Replaced USBSTOR sys with Windows Vista version -Checked for corrupted system files -Tried Driver Genius I'm at my wits end I have so many important files on this OS and I don't want to restore the OS I've backed up some of my files thanks to Ubuntu where the flash drive works without a hitch I've asked on other forums for someone to upload their USBSTOR sys and no one replied I'm also thinking that maybe the registry could be screwed up maybe for some reason it's told NOT to install the flash drive Not really sure I'd appreciate any help guys You have a great forum here -Hack r Or just call me Nick

A:Flash drives & external drives won't install

Never mind. After getting no help on multiple forums, I've had enough of Windows 7.

Installing Windows XP Pro SP3.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/130680-flash-drives-external-drives-wont-install.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have been looking left right and centre for a solution but failed to find anything that could help me so far I am hoping you tech buffs can help me resolve my work or Autorun usb won't drives disc on PLEASE drives HELP! particular issue so on with the problem I insert a CD DVD disc into the disc drive and expect the pc PLEASE HELP! Autorun won't work on disc drives or usb drives to pick it up and offer me the autorun menu to see what I would have done with the media inserted therein After a bit of whirring nothing pops up Same thing with my USB drives A bit of whirring then nothing Also When I manually try to navigate through Windows Explorer and click upon the disc drive it brings up the option to format the disc in there I find that I can eject the disc and re-insert it and then select the drive and see the contents This is driving me insane Even my virtual drives do not autorun when images are mounted onto them PLEASE HELP with this and do not let my call for help sink to the bottom of the quot unattended help requests quagmire quot nb I am running Vista Ultimate x So please all solutions should take into consideration that the computer that has problems is on -bit architecture and not x nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all. I'm hoping someone could help me with this issue. I just finished putting together my computer, installed Windows 7 Pro 64 bits. However, both of my hard drives (one SSD, one regular HDD) are showing up as external drives (plug-and-play). If I click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon, I could actually "eject" both of my hard drives. I've searched on Google for clues, but it wasn't helpful. If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

A:Internal drives showing up as external drives

You have to enable write caching for your internal hard disk.- Click on Start Menu.- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.- Locate your hard disk under Disc Drives in the list in Device Manager.- Double-click on your hard disk.- Select Policies tab.- Check the checkbox Enable write caching on this device- Click OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410628/internal-drives-showing-up-as-external-drives/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a HDD with win 2k on it I would like this to be the master with two slaves. One of the other drives is also NTFS and the other is win98 se these are to be the slave drives. When i jumper them all and plug them all in it doesnt read any of them and tries to boot from the floppy. If i only plug in the master with win 2k it loads fine. Any ideas why this is happening?

A:setting up master drives and slave drives

You can only attach two drives to each IDE cable. So on one cable you would have your boot drive with the operating system set as master with the other drive on the same cable set as slave. Check the jumpers on the back of the drives. On the other IDE cable the hard drive master/slave setting would depend on what else is on that cable. Do you have anything else hooked up like a CD or DVD drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-master-drives-and-slave-drives.356608/
Relevancy 33.97%

I just recently built a new system running an Intel Q9550 quad core 8 GB of ram and Vista Home Premium x64. Everything works flawlessly except for connecting external hard drives and thumb drives through the usb port. I've tried multiple hard drives/thumb drives on multiple ports on the front and back with it working only once for the thumb drive. Usually Vista keeps sounding the device connect and device disconnect dongs for a few minutes and then every once in a while says the drive needs to be formatted, but the drives work fine on my Laptop that's running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. Is this a common problem with x64 or is there something wrong with my system?

thanx

A:USB hard drives/thumb drives to work

when I hook the usb thumb drive to the usb port on my printer, Vista recognizes it and lets me see the files on the drive, it also lets me copy a file to it but then freezes after it finishes copying (the copy window has a full progress bar and say "about 0 seconds remaining".

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/198621-usb-hard-drives-thumb-drives-work.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I already found out the hard way that flash drives don't have a registry in which I can install a program to it, and run it on other computers, unless the program is a lite program. Is there a way to make it more flexible in the sense of creating a registry for it?

Next question; Do external hard drives have a registry? Could I install games and or programs to an external and run them directly from it? Is there a way to create a registry for it if it does not have one?
Anyone that has anything else to possibly add, I'm more than happy to explore any and all options, so don't be shy!

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

A:External hard drives / flash drives.

i do not know the particulars of it but yes it is possible to copy/paste a programme file from c drive ,programme files, onto flash drive and run it, i do it myself

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drives-flash-drives.930251/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello I have a PC with HDD - GB not IDE - GB IDE I could boot normally with both connected Everything worked even tho in the Jmicron thing before booting I see only any no found drives Detect Drives:done, the gb drive So I bought a new PC and decided to sell this old one but only with the GB HDD So I removed the GB IDE hard disc and now the computer can t Detect Drives:done, no any drives found boot Jmicron thing Detect Drives:done, no any drives found says this error quot Detect Drives done no any drives done quot and after a second I get a black screen with message that says I need to select a proper boot device I ve selected this GB HDD on which the Windows is installed in BIOS it is set as primary boot device Things what I ve done -Changed SATA to IDE RAID AHCI - when RAID the HDD can t be found -Reset BIOS to Defaults - no result -Removed the battery - no result -Added back the IDE drive - no result -Changed the cables in the motherboard there are x sata cables red black the red ones I guess are for Jmicron so I connected the hdd on all of them and no result -Disabled Jmicron thing in BIOS and the message where it says that no drives were found is now skipped and I get to the black screen with message about Selecting proper boot device -Connected this GB HDD to the new PC - booted without problems So I guess this is something in the BIOS that IDE drive I removed changed and I dont know how to fix it The BIOS detects the HDD it s set on first position in the boot device priority I even disabled the others - still nothing but I get the error that there is no boot media Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Detect Drives:done, no any drives found

Ok I fixed it . What I did:
-used windows 7 disc and ran a repair ( note I have a windows 10 installed xD) so the first repair couldnt find the drives so it did something.
-after this repair it restarted I opened the repair again and now I saw my C:\ drive with windows 10 enterprise installed. I clicked and I pressed repair and now it said I need windows 10 repair disc.
-I changed SATA type to RAID and booted successfully.
-at the boot it asked me whether I want to start windows or repair. I clicked on repair.
-after the repair it restarted. Message apeared "Getting Devices Ready" - took about 5-10 mins
-PC booted successfully with no Data loss

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/detect-drives-done-no-any-drives-found.210292/
Relevancy 32.68%

Been googling this for the last hour and Can't Drives Drives/Virtual CD Access I still can't install a game via a virtual drive keep getting quot Windows cannot access specificed device path or file You may not have appropriate permissions to access quot Using Win Checked the Cdrom registry key to see if it was disabled it's not and also checked gpedit to see if quot prevent access to computer drives quot was checked it's not Reinstalled daemon tools and deleted all virtual drives unplugged cd drive cables restarted and reinstalled drivers nothing I'm at my wits end here Fwiw I get the same Can't Access CD Drives/Virtual Drives msg when double clicking my physical drive with a cd in it It says it's working when I check device properties and I can right click either the physical or vd's and hit quot open quot and I can see that all the files are there so it's working obviously Tried separate restore points from a week ago still nothing Thanks in advance P S tried wincdemu instead of daemon and it didn't work It created the virtual drive amp brought up the loader but when I click on the drive it says access is denied I then tried alcohol amp didn't work either I opened the iso from within alcohol and inside the program it says the media is loaded onto the virtual drive but no autoplay option pops up Also for both alcohol and wincdemu there's no icon on the drive under my computer with daemon the virtual drive at least show the icon of the program I'm trying to run

A:Can't Access CD Drives/Virtual Drives

Try Disk management. t run it, type in disk management in the control panel search and click on Create and format hard drives under Admin. See if your CD and virtual drives show up there and have a drive letter.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32130-cant-access-cd-drives-virtual-drives.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Poor Leo He has lost two complete drives now due to corruption after drives? from other boot Can corrupted cause drives booting from one drive restarting then using the BIOS to boot from another drive both win He keeps getting quot ERRORS attempting to repair quot on Can boot from other drives cause corrupted drives? all of his drives After chugging along for awhile they usually boot but with enough corruption that the drive is pretty messed up He just Can boot from other drives cause corrupted drives? lost the main SSD boot drive that he spent so much time in building Now I kept telling him that I never had that issue and then BAM I got an quot Attempting to repair quot after accidentally trying to boot from another drive only for a few seconds from the UEFI BIOS BOOT OVERRIDE clicked on the wrong drive- was shooting for ROM Now a big question Can boot from other drives cause corrupted drives? mark is the WAY that I was booting I was using the new UEFI BIOS BOOT OVERRIDE just click on the drive or ROM and it boots from it I THINK that is what Leo has been doing rather than change the boot drive in the BIOS to the hard drive he wants to boot from Is this normal I will be Googling for a while on this one

A:Can boot from other drives cause corrupted drives?

The short answer is NO

But then again it all depends because there's so many variables that one could write a novel sized book listing all the possible causes for drive corruption.

Gather evidence, and start from the obvious and work your way down the list.

"Booting from another drive" being the cause would probably be cause number 545985 followed by #545986 "Booting from a CD".

If you're gonna throw that SSD away, can you throw it my way cos I'm sure it'll be working fine when I get it :-)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22519-can-boot-other-drives-cause-corrupted-drives.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have just recently changed my PSU. I now have conflict with the hard drives and the DVD ROM and CD RW. When i plug the main wire in (the wide wire which goes to the motherboard from the drives) it seems to freeze the computer. As i do this, there is a change in noise coming from the computer it seems to go quieter. I think that when i plug the drives in it takes most of the power away from the hard drives therefore they are unable to run. I am running a 400w PSU for a P3.

Am i right in saying this, if so what can i do to over come this? I have been advise that it might be the jumpers on the CD RW and DVD ROM but i haven't changes these plus i do no what/how these work. Could this be a/the problem?

Thank you

A:Conflict between hard drives and cd drives

That would be the IDE cable and they have to be connected to PIN#1 of the drive to pin #1 of the cable there is a colored strip on one edge of the cable that connects to PIN#1 of the drive when connecting the drive the colored strip should be closest to you. Also please don't tell me your connecting cables with the PC powered up. IDE drive can also be daisy chained (two drives on each channel Master and slave)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/conflict-between-hard-drives-and-cd-drives.178966/
Relevancy 32.68%

Good day all I am running an hp desktop using windows that I wish to back up I m going to need a terrabyte external hard drive and if possible a terabyte flash drive The last one I bought was a Seagate but I was annoyed to find it required me to purchase separate software So my question is in two parts which do you think is Best up back drives drives and flash are the best external hard drive to buy and does it come complete with all necessary software I m not sure if flash drives run to that size but if they do which would you recommend A final question when I have backed up my computer in the past it has not been recorded and it says there has never been a back-up carried out another message is that the network or location the back-up is being stored cannot be located What have I done wrong I appreciate any help or advice that can be given Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

I have a dvd writer and a dvd rom drive installed on my computer. in device manager, i can see the model name and manufacturer. but when i look under my computer, they are displayed as cd rom drives for some reason.

im able to burn dvds when im in a burning program like ashampoo. but i cant read any dvd with the dvd rom drive. the jumper settings were set as master and slave, so i changed them both to cable set and im still having the same issue.

A:DVD drives displayed as cd drives in 'my computer'

im about to revert back to windows xp, i cant even brun dvd+r dl's now

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/109008-dvd-drives-displayed-cd-drives-my-computer.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi nbsp PC HP Desktop h two 2TB drives Switching 1: drives RAID two 1TB for - t nbsp Intel Core i - CPU GHz nbsp GB RAM nbsp -bit OS nbsp Windows Home Premium This PC was custom built with two TB drives in a RAID array months ago one RAID 1: Switching two 1TB drives for two 2TB drives of the drives Port failedI purchased two nbsp Seagate TB Desktop HDD SATA Gb s MB Cache -Inch Internal Bare Drive ST DM I installed both of the new TB drives inside my PCNow my current setup is Port original TB drivePort new TB drive as redundancy mirror Port the other new TB drive as an unused SPARE see attached pic CURRENTLY nbsp My PC is making a horrible whirring RAID 1: Switching two 1TB drives for two 2TB drives sound and crashing spontaneously if I use more than of my Physical Memory as seen via Windows Task Manager QUESTION nbsp I want to make the other year old TB drive go away I wanna lose it and somehow ultimately just have two TB drives working at full capacity HOW DO I DO THIS note I not opposed to spending another on yet another TB drive as I understand I may have screwed up by making it the mirror of a TB and that I won't be able to access the other half of the space IF I'M WRONG ON THIS LET ME KNOW Any help would be greatly appreciated ab

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c764adf-f022-45fa-94af-f8a778e268d1/raid-1-switching-two-1tb-drives-for-two-2tb-drives?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 32.68%

I want to add some new fonts to Windows 2000 Professional. I access the font folder, click on file and then click on add new font. I then have to select the drive the new fonts are located in. (drive a in this case on a floppy disque) The problem is the drive box has no drives listed in it. Why would that be?

A:No Drives Listed In Drives Box In Add New Font Box

I'd give this a shot, from Start > Run, enter:

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-drives-listed-in-drives-box-in-add-new-font-box.436531/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a custom build desktop with 2 internal drives a 'Samsung SSD 840 Pro' and a 'Seagate Barracuda ST32000641AS'

I decided to format my PC using the Windows 7 boot disk, but noticed when choosing what drive to install my OS to, both of my drives types are labeled as System Drives, I decided to go ahead anyway and install my OS to my SSD, but after completing installation, Disk Management shows both of my drives as Active drives. I have searched a bit online and it seems that only my C drive should be an Active drive, does this have anything to do with both of my drives being read as System Drives at the start of installation. What would be the reason for both of my drives being Active? I have no problems with reformatting if needed.

thanks,

A:Both of my drives showing as system drives

Only one drive should be active and this is where your boot info should be located
You can mark the drive inactive following this tutorial Partition - Mark as Inactive

If you are not sure about anything feel free to ask back

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299702-both-my-drives-showing-system-drives.html
Relevancy 32.68%

This is the Done, Found Drives Drives No Any Detect error message that I Detect Drives Done, No Any Drives Found have recieved numerous times for months It can happen any time that I decide to restart and it will leave my PC in an infinite loop of restarts unable to finish starting up The only solution that I have found to this problem has been to simply open up the computer and blow on a number of the components I realize this may seem insane but it actually works If i do not do this then I can Detect Drives Done, No Any Drives Found never make it past the initial screens Detect Drives Done, No Any Drives Found If I do blow on the inside there is usually a chance that the next time I attempt to boot the computer it will be sucessful Other than this my computer has a tendency to also crash or fail blue screens and what not occasionally- more than the average computer I know I haven t given much information about the computer itself but I was hoping someone might be able to simply point me in the right direction of where the problem may lie Thanks Dave nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

I don't remember when it happened. But this is the current situation:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8228/51296263.jpg

Specs:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/GbeTech/Compspecs2.gif?t=1250505503

Further explanation: I've set 1 virtual drive with Daemon Tools, which should be shown in My computer, but isn't. Also my two hardware CD/DVD Drives aren't recognized, and when I put discs in it, nothing shows up (I can't burn as well).

Seems like a simple fix, I just don't know what those exclamation marks mean.

Thanks!

A:Solved: CD/DVD Drives unrecognized w/ yellow "!" in Device Manager, Virtual drives do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-dvd-drives-unrecognized-w-yellow-in-device-manager-virtual-drives-do.853045/
Relevancy 32.25%

Pretty much that I Cannot see or read disk drives other than quot c quot including flash drives even in disc Mgmt or Comp Mgmt Ive done a ton of googling a ton of downloading this patch or that nothing seems to have worked thus far This started with a virus Im pretty sure I had Zentrom Got rid of Zentrom and all but now I still cant move my Data from my hard drive OFF of it I cant burn or read a dvd cd I cant Mgmt disk even other Cannot drives Comp or or read see flash drives including in "c" than disc Mgmt hook up a usb HDD and I cant use a flashdrive Im not even typing this from that laptop as Im running MBAM on it as we speak The laptop in question is a Dell Insiron E Media Direct WindowsXP Media Center edition version service pack Genuine Intel CPU T MHz GB of RAM PLEASE NOTE I AM A MUSICIAN MY ART IS STORED ON THIS BOX AND WILL NOT BE DOING Cannot see or read disk drives other than "c" including flash drives even in disc Mgmt or Comp Mgmt A DESTRUCTIVE RECOVERY OR ANY SUCH THING I NEED TO GET THE DATA OFF WITHOUT WIPING IT THANK YOU

A:Cannot see or read disk drives other than "c" including flash drives even in disc Mgmt or Comp Mgmt

We need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.Let me know if that went well.DO NOT run a Temp file or Registry Cleaner or it will all be LOST.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422773/cannot-see-or-read-disk-drives-other-than-c-including-flash-drives-even-in-disc-mgmt-or-comp-mgmt/
Relevancy 31.39%

Recently I formatted all the hard drives on my Gateway MX6214 Notebook computer.

When I attempt to install Windows XP it says the Setup cannot continue because no hard drives were found.

Obviously, the hard drives are in working condition because I also checked with some bootable diagnostic tools and the hard drives are check. But now it seems the "internal?" drivers on the hard drives have also been deleted during the format, so WINXP cannot recognize during installation. Same goes for installation of the OS Ubuntu =/

I do not have the original diagnostic cd that came with the notebook.

Are there any solutions anyone can point me towards?

A:Formatted Hard Drives, Trying to install Windows XP but no recognition of hard drives

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatted-hard-drives-trying-to-install-windows-xp-but-no-recognition-of-hard-drives.727410/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello Tech support Guy,
I some how have two aol tabs on my browser bar and want to delete one of them. It is causing my start up to perform slower because of this. the aol tabs are both on the same browser. Thank you DV:

A:aol tabs

Does anyone know anything about aol tool bars? The tool bar has two aol start ups in it and I'm not sure how to successfully delete one of them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-tabs.655208/
Relevancy 31.39%

On MacBook Pro, In Safari, How do I get rid of the tabs in Private Browsing? They won't go away, even after closing and exiting!

A:Why won't the tabs go away?

Still NO answers?
That's ok, I figured it out on my own. I put each icon in the trash and waaalaaa they are now gone :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/why-wont-the-tabs-go-away-1114538.html
Relevancy 31.39%

anyone dealt with this before I've repaired and refurbed MANY windows PC's and never seen this I on a rebuild I checked IE via windows updates along with a few other security patches etc I noticed when IE was installing the onscreen progress indicator got stuck in a loop saying 'installing quot or one of those messages and it never blinked for like minutes I finally had to force it closed to my surprise on a reboot IE was quot installed quot but in using IE7 not do have TABS. IE8 Why? it I noticed it had no Tab item on the context menu and no tab 'button' onscreen tried to fix and could not so I uninstalled it altogether and downloaded the whole IE install package Ran the install it worked fine but when I used it no tabs When I go to internet settings General there is no tab setting applet it doesn't exist there are a LOT of posts in forums on this issue in both ie and ie but IE8 IE7 do not have TABS. Why? the 'advice' given usually results in the thread going zombie never resolved in fact I've yet to find one that truly looks like it was 'fixed' which is why I am posting clues otherwise IE works great way faster than the other IE's EDIT one more mystery I have and have had no IE-No-Addons in the System Tools Menu

A:IE8 IE7 do not have TABS. Why?

Did you click on 'tools' under the address bar, then 'Internet options'?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/175985-ie8-ie7-do-not-have-tabs-why.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Tabs were working fine for months then all of the sudden they are gone.

Tab Browsing is Enabled in Internet Options but there is no tab button/bar.

Using Windows XP-Pro

Any ideas?

A:IE7 Tabs are gone

try this

Re-install Internet Explore 7
Please go Here (Click on the Blue link) and download a fresh version of Internet Explore 7.
Uninstall the version of IE you have installed now, to do so follow these steps:
Click Start
Click Control Panel
Double click Add or Remove Programs
Scroll down until you find Internet Explore
Then click Change/Remove, and follow the prompts.
** Please Note: If you are unable to see IE7 in Add or Remove Programs follow these steps:Click Start
Click Run
Type or copy and paste, into the text box:
%windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe
Then Press Enter **
Restart your computer.
Install the fresh version of Internet Explore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-tabs-are-gone-215671.html
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: Ie Tabs

Does anyone know how to disable the menu that pops up when you go to close a web site and ask: DO YOU WANT TO CLOSE ALL TABS? Wonder why their isn't an option to click NO. It is sooooo annoying because you have to start all over again. Just because their isn't a back button you would like to close that page but should go to the first page of the site. Hope someone can help me w/this.........
Thanks

A:Ie Tabs

Once you get the close all tabs box if you look in the lower left corner of the box you will see a line that says options if you click that it will give you a drop down menu where you can set up the options the way you want them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ie-tabs-145946.html
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: Tabs

When I use Edge and close it the tabs stay open on the next log in. How do I close all open tabs when I leave Edge????
Thanks

A:Tabs

Go to options, it's the 3 little dots under the close button, and you get different options. You can open it with all tabs, a specific webpage, a blanc page and so on.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/49550-tabs.html
Relevancy 31.39%

So everytime I try to open two tabs at once the second tab freezes For instance if I'm on myspace on the first tab Tabs IE for won't 8. for and for the second tab I try to go to youtube all I see on the second tab is Myspace it won't load to any of the sites I try to go to And then of course it freezes up and I can't do a thing and then it takes Tabs won't for for IE 8. forever for me to exit out of the Internet It started this a couple of weeks ago so I tried Firefox but that kept crashing on me so I gave up and went back to IE although I never uninstalled it and it was working perfectly fine after that for about a week Now it's doing it again Does anyone have any clue why My internet wasn't working today although I could get on AIM and everything so I ran the diagnostic test and it told me it had to restart to fix the problem so I went along with it Wel before it shut down I got some kind of error page that I have gotten before and I don't remember exactly what it said but it was a blue screen and at the bottom it said something about memory dump or something I have a feeling this problem may have started becase of that but I'm not sure Any ideas I apologize for the lack of information on that error page I knew I should have written down what I read but I didn't Again I apologize

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/tabs-wont-for-for-ie-8-a-463445.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I am listing a group or authors and books of theirs I have read. I pushed a wrong button somewhere and now have dots in front of the book names. I put in (space . space) manually but now showing are (Dot Dash Dot) in front of each book read. Also the paragraph marks are showing everywhere I hit RETURN. If I click on the Paragraph Icon that turned the paragraph symbol on and off in previous versions of word it only turns off the Dot formatting. Nothing will turn the paragraph marks off. Alll I want to see is a paragraph mark on/off toggle when I hit the paragraph button. (Is there a spell checker on this page?)

Thanks

Relevancy 31.39%
Q: TABS,,

I am fed up they have sent me round the world when all I eant is a list of my "tabs " 2 delete the ones I dont need, pleeeeze help me? I cant open a new one 2 tellme how lol aggghh

A:TABS,,

What browser are you using? (name and version number)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516551/tabs/
Relevancy 31.39%

I was under the impression that tabs were supposed to open in the current window. I have the correct settings in options, but the tabs keep opening in a new window.

How do I fix this? The only way is to right click on the link. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks

A:Tabs in IE7

Quote:

Originally Posted by whammo

I was under the impression that tabs were supposed to open in the current window. I have the correct settings in options, but the tabs keep opening in a new window.

How do I fix this? The only way is to right click on the link. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean. Tabs DO open in the current window but take the full screen. All your open tabs are listed across the top. Right-clicking gives you the option to open a link in a new tab or a new window.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/tabs-in-ie7-135388.html
Relevancy 31.39%

How do I get IE8 to open up new tabs everytime I open up a new window?

A:IE8 new tabs

start a new tab by clicking on the square next to the current tab, then you can type a new address...

if you mean you want a new tab instead of a new IE windows to open everytime you click on the IE icon, then i am not sure if you can do that at all unless someone can tell me otherwise

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/54348-ie8-new-tabs.html
Relevancy 31.39%

On one of my computers I can not get tabs - no tab bar. I turned off all add-ons, no spyware or viruses, turned off Norton, went back to IE 6 and reinstalled IE7 (ran it from the website, no manual intervention and don't even know how to download it an run it locally), restarted the machine prior to installation... out of ideas. Any suggestions? Oh, I also turned off any toolbars (adobe) in IE 6 prior to installation... Thank you.

A:IE 7 tabs

Strange indeed. The problem PC is running XP-SP2 I assume? I don't know if IE7 would even install if SP2 isn't present, but SP2 is mandatory for it run properly. Forgive me if that is already blindingly obvious to you, I'm just trying to help!

I don't suppose the online installation is a factor, but installing it offline is worth a try. When you are offered the download, choose 'save' instead of 'run'. When you have the file on your Desktop for offline install (around 15Mb) initiate the installation but choose NOT to download the latest updates for it. Just install the download 'as is'.

Needless to say, you should first remove the faulty IE7 ('Add/Remove Programs' with 'Show Updates' checked) which will then revert back to IE6, before trying to re-install as above.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-tabs-127023.html
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: tabs

while on the internet at the top of my page i can have up to six tabs saying '' your browser has been upgraded'' now i do realise that browsers do get upgraded (dont they?) but do i need to be told all the time? its just so annoying.

A:tabs

Not that I'm aware of, unless there's a setting to automatically update your browser to the latest version. What browser are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/tabs-872921.html
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: tabs

why do I see tabs when I click on a word, sentence, videos, like inspect element and other tabs saying other thing's?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afdfe9c8-a323-4c65-b95d-a4ef0331e944/tabs?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi
I'm running IE6 on my windows XP system. Does anybody know of a way to get 'tabs' as in IE7 or in firefox in IE6?

thanks in advance!
Pieka

A:Tabs possible in IE6?

Hello and welcome to TSF

No there is not a way, sorry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/tabs-possible-in-ie6-254493.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have upgraded to IE7 but cannot get the tabs to work. When a new tab opens it says connecting and just stays that way. I have to manuallly quit the programme and open new windows using the file open option. Can anyone help

A:IE 7 Tabs

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Then test your tabs again, (after all the MS save settings stuff goes through its sequence again - how irritating !)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ie-7-tabs.106356/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi all,

I have recently installed IE7. When I try to open a new tab, by clicking on the small 'new tab' on the right hand side of all the other tabs, IE7 crashes. The new tab displays "Connecting..." and crashes the whole window.

The strange thing is I have IE7 set up so that when I double-click on the IE7 icon, four tabs open with four different home pages. This works fine. All the pages load up and I can flick between them with ease. IE7 only crashes when I am in IE7 and try to open a new tab.

And it does not matter how many tabs I have open at the time. I've tried this already.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

dariuzthepole

A:Tabs in IE7

please do this

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/12/628499.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/tabs-in-ie7-282947.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,
trying to avoid the spyware downloads after yet again being caught. My child uses msn messenger and picked up on a option labelled tools/options/privacy "don't download any tabs to my computer". What are tabs?
regards
Matt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-tabs.275324/
Relevancy 31.39%

Can anyone help? When browsing websites, such as Autotrader, when I open a link in a new tab the main page I was browsing also loads up with the same info/page as the newly opened tab!! Can anyone shed any light on this as its driving me mad having to 'back' the main window everytime!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208795-pop-up-tabs.html
Relevancy 31.39%

:D probably the most frequent thing many have seen that I've encountered before but still can't figure a fix without nuking the system and starting over.

I've run cleanups on my computer and the tabs for display/themes/screensaver/etc, when you go desktop->properties are gone. ):

anyone know a good fix for this because I believe it has to do with editing the registry. I've tried someways I googled before but sometimes when you change the values it does nothing. Any Ideas?

A:Tabs gone

See if this registry file helps you out. Download it to your desktop, double-click on it and when it asks you to confirm merge into your registry, click on yes.

You can find a bunch of other registry tweaks at this site.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/tabs-gone-345770.html
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: IE tabs

Hi, I have my IE 7 set up with my favorite webs to open each time I lunge IE, the question I have is their way to have a secondary IE set up with different line up of tabs and lunge it independent of the main one?

A:IE tabs

inventor1949,

If you had iexplore.exe and iexplore2.exe, they would still retrieve the tab information from the same place. So I don't think it's possible, and as of this moment, I don't know where it stores it's tab information.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ie-tabs-359642.html
Relevancy 31.39%

About the tabs for IE7, can they be closed by other methods except closing them all individually in the tab heading? such as, closing a specific tab with the close button in the right corner, instead of closing all tabs. I dont want to use IE8 or any other browser.

A:IE7 tabs

If you hover over a tab and press in the scroll button it will close them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-tabs-542044.html
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: IE tabs

Until a few weeks ago I had no IE problems, then out of the blue I clicked a new tab as Id always done and the current IE page locked, the new tab didnt connect and then the original IE page went blank and I have to wait a while before I can close the whole page down. This has now been happening for a few weeks so I thought I would download the upgrade to IE7 hoping this would solve the problem, but nothing has changed, there dont even seem to be any other changes related to IE7 either which is odd as everything looks the same . I am finding it a nuisance to have to keep opening complete new IE pages instead of just using the tabs.....please can someone help me correct this fault. Thank u.

A:IE tabs

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/12/628499.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-tabs-252726.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I am running windows 2000 and would like to have tabs available on my Int. Expl. Is this doable?

A:IE tabs?

In order to do this, you will need Internet Explorer 7 or 8. Sadly, Internet Explorer 7 and 8 will not install on Windows 2000. Why don't you try out an alternative browser like Firefox, or Chrome?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-tabs.893544/
Relevancy 31.39%

how do i stop ie from opening up in a new window everytime i click on a link what i want is it to open up in the same window but a new tab, and i have done all the basics.

A:tabs with ie

IE>Tools>Internet Options>General>Settings>When a pop-up is encountered>Check, Always open pop-ups in a new tab.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/tabs-with-ie-569538.html
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: TABS

I'm not quite sure how to describe this so I'll use an example. When I use the "Webhome" button to bring up my Google Search, it always overides the current window. In this case it's an o/l radio station which is automatically turned off. When I click on the radio tab again, the 2 tabs co-exist. What I want is for the webhome tab to create a separate window & not replace the "radio" window. Not sure if this makes sense but any help is appreciated. Thanks, Nick.

A:TABS

Welcome
The feature that you want lies within Internet Explorer and not Vista. Open your browser, you can go to your home page. Then go to tools>internet options>tab settings>untick enable tab browsing
If you have a browser other than Internet Explorer9, the procedure will differ.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/295571-tabs.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Helo I have had vista business for a couple of years nto and about 5 months after I got it something happend and I no longer have tabed browsing in IE. IT not something as simple as going into tools or anything like that. If I log in as administrator I still have them there, but when I log into my user acount I can not get them to come back for anything. Help! PLEASE!

A:No more tabs in IE

Hi 812 many,

If you say you can not turn it back on from Tools then reset IE and see if it comes back.
Internet Explorer - Reset

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/215221-no-more-tabs-ie.html
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: Tabs.

Hi, the website that I use if you (single left) click on a link in a forum post, the page opens in the CURRENT TAB instead of a NEW TAB.

I'm a Firefox user is there anything I can download so when I click a link it opens in new tab

The mod from the site says its for security reasons, and that's why when you click a link it does not open in new tab.

A:Tabs.

I use Firefox...and my links open in a new tab.

In Firefox...click Tools/Options...scroll down to Tabs and assert your preference.

I think I see what you mean...the former current tab is moved to the open tabs displayed on the Firefox toolbar.  I just automatically click that tab if/when I want to return to it.

You don't lose your current tab, it just goes into a holding pattern.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628846/tabs/
Relevancy 31.39%

I use Internet Explorer 10 with Win 7 Premium. Every second day I have to tell IE to go to the new tab whenever I open a new tab. Is there a way to tell it just once and make it stick?
Thanks in advance.

A:IE 10 tabs

Personally I've found Center click/ Mouse wheel click to be the most predictable method,
I use these setting and most of the time it works,
Alt+TO or Gear symbol and Internet options,
General section/ Tabs button,
The bottom two listings,
Attachment 284702

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/303768-ie-10-tabs.html