Windows Support Forum

No sound device lost big time

Q: No sound device lost big time

THE FOLLOWING IS THE MESSAGE I GET WHEN TRYING TO PLAY ANYTHING RATHER ITS WINDOWS OR REALPLAYER. WHEN I GO TO CONTROL PANEL SOUNDS HARDWARE I CANT CLICK ON THE OPTIONS TO ENABLE TGHIS DEVICE
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.
THIS IS MY COMPUTER INFO

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 2800+, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1983 Mb
Graphics Card: VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP , 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114463 MB, Free - 46025 MB;
Motherboard: , K8M800-M2, ,
Antivirus: Symantec Endpoint Protection, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No sound device lost big time

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No sound device lost big time

Here's your motherboard:

Home > Products > Motherboard > Socket 754

I'm assuming you're using the onboard sound, so here's the driver: (I'm also assuming you're in the USA):

Driver Name RealTek Codec Sound on board driver
Version 3.98(6220)
Release Date 2007/02/07
Update Description
Special Note
File Size 30.5MB
Support O.S Windows 98 ; Windows Me ; Windows 2000 ; Windows XP 32bit edition ; Windows XP 64bit edition

You'll need to use WinRAR or WinZIP to open the *.ZIP file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-device-lost-big-time.948371/
Relevancy 63.21%

The sound device for muting and volume control has disapeared from my system tray.
It is checked in all the right places but wont show up and it will not play in the browser. When I try and watch a news video in cnn.com or msnbc.com etc. Please help, running XP media center on Toshiba Quosmio

A:Lost sound device

is it the icon that looks like a grey speaker?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-device.644983/
Relevancy 62.78%

it's no longer available to the system, but everytime I troubleshoot everything is "ALRIGHT". I
it's driving me crazy.

A:lost sound device after re-install

did you go to the computer manufacturers website and download their drivers for your specific system? Also did you make sure your sound is not on mute?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-sound-device-after-re-install-294584.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am really sorry to bother again. But I can't get any sound in my PC. I need it desperately, since I work as a translator and I just got a program to dictate to my PC. (Voice to Text) and there is no way I can get WMD to work. Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

raramuristar

A:NO SOUND-windows media device lost

first we need some specs on the computer and when you started having this prob. what type of media card you have and so forth and how long have you had your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-windows-media-device-lost.538629/
Relevancy 50.74%

I can cast music to my Sony Bravia XBR 65x850b tv.
However when I have it as a a duplicate display sound I get on the speakers primary display does not come from the speakers on the TV.

On the device manager the TV shows as a media device.
However, the TV does not appear under sound.
Alll that shows under sound is
Speakers
Digital audio (S/PDIF). Digital audio is set as default

How can I have any sound on my PC desktop also come through my TV?

Do I disconnect my Speakers and have the sound come through my Samsung monitor?

What additional info might the list need to help solve this?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39955-no-sound-tv-device-mgr-tv-shows-media-device-not-under-sound.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hey guys,

i just bought a new M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard to enjoy great sound in a foobar2000 + flac combination.

i've successfully installed the Vista 32bit drivers in compatibility mode and everything worked fine until then.

after starting to listen to music, i've experienced that from time to time (doesn't matter if i do something with the PC or just leave it there only playing music) the sound starts hanging (and it sounds like stuttering) for 1-3 seconds. then it comes back to normal...and a few minutes later it happens again. it's VERY annoying...

tried playing with WMP (wasn't happy about it) but the same happens.
tried vista 64bit drivers but couldn't install them. tried old Windows XP SP2 drivers, installed fine but no sound.

any1 got any ideas?
am i the only one who has this issue? did i buy a broken soundcard?

please help.

thanx alot in advance

A:M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound hanging/stuttering from time to time

m-audio are not very 'windows' friendly. they really haven't released a decent driver for xp x64 yet, let alone vista. great cards for linux and apple though, and xp 32bit. i wonder if any of the E-MU options in this price range would fair better...you could always go usb/firewire gear for recording...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/3964-m-audio-audiophile-2496-sound-hanging-stuttering-time-time.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am on son's Clevo laptop and they tell me they have not had sound for a very long time.

I check, download and install latest drivers from the Clevo website, but still no sound.

I have deleted all device drivers and allowed Windows to rediscover the drivers again - everything went well but found a PCI device that could not find drivers for so put the yellow Exclamation Mark - but still no Audio Device.

I checked the BIOS, there is no option to turn on/off the sound so I presume audio is turned on as everything is integrated, but still the Sounds and Audio Device Properties says that there are No Audio Devices. So either the device is faulty or there is some other way of being able to get the computer to recognise the Audio Devices.

If there is any suggestion(s) it would be greatly appreciated.

David

A:Onboard sound but 'No Audio Device' in device properties

Sometimes kids overdrive the audio chips until they overheat and burn out. If burned out, it will not detect.
Might be time to disable the onboard sound and install an external sound card and software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-sound-but-no-audio-device-in-device-properties.149588/
Relevancy 47.73%

Sometimes when I start my computer all my devices plug in USB are not recognized except my printer HP Laser Jet but if i try to print something it will make the orange light to not USB time) device recognized(time on it flashing My scanner USB device not recognized(time to time) CanoScan LiDE my ScanDisk CruzerMini MB my AcomData Go harddrive or even my iPOD G GB USB device not recognized(time to time) are not recognized When it happens I tried restart and restart I install uninstall the softwares included for the CanoScan LiDE and the iPOD G nothing to do all the devices were not recognized I found something weird now when it happens I close down the computer and then I switch it off at the main socket I restart and WOW everything works fine Also time to time my system crash due to an error caused by an unknow device driver I thought it could be my display driver so I downloaded the ATI catalyst but it makes my computer running really slow at the startup Idea solutions comments Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium A MHz x Motherboard Name Asus P R -VM PCI AGP DIMM Audio Video LAN Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon IGP System Memory MB BIOS Type AMI Display Video Adapter RADEON IGP MB Video Adapter RADEON IGP MB D Accelerator ATI RS Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB R nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

ASUS CM6870 with Realtek ALC892 8-channel sound
i5-3570
Nvidia Geforce GT 620
8GB Memory

Windows 7 x64 with all updated drivers.

After reinstalling Windows 7 from scratch start getting distorted sound (like a crack sound) from time to time.
This happens with different regularity (sometimes very seldom, sometimes often, sometimes constantly).
This happens in video players(Windows Media Player, MPC-HCx64, VLC) as well as in the browser when watching flash or html5 videos. This happens with different video containers, video codecs and audio codecs. Never happened with system sounds. Installed the newest K-Lite codec pack. Did not help.

Any ideas?
Thank you

A:Distorted sound from time to time system wide.

Run the free DPC Latency Checker and for more in depth analysis run the free Resplendence Latency Mon.

Sounds like a Latency problem.
DPC Latency Checker

Resplendence Software - Advanced System Tools and Developer Components

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/373210-distorted-sound-time-time-system-wide.html
Relevancy 47.3%

After closing a tab sound hear thing! a Lost a after computer can't shows sound crash, working but heavy google chrome window my pc had a crash during this crash the second of the song that was playing repeated til the pc rebooted After this tho I no longer have any sound at all from my computer I'm running windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack installed My speakers work Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! I checked them with my mp player and the pc isn't on mute or turned down to zero The strange part that confuses me tho is that the sound mixer window shows audio levels when i do play music or youtube but even with volume at full blast there is no audio as a work around for the time being i've set my pc to broadcast my pc's audio and then just use my lap top to tune into my station to listen to my music but this is getting old really Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! quick when i check Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! my sound card realtek high definition audio in device manager it says 'this device is working properly' is it possible my soundcard broke fried and it still showing it fine with audio levels moving

A:Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing!

I've seen that before. Try uninstalling then re-installing the drivers. Worked for me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537902/lost-sound-after-a-computer-crash-shows-sound-working-but-cant-hear-a-thing/
Relevancy 47.3%

Alright, so here's the scoop. I recently formatted my computer into xp and updated it to sp3, but in the programs (aida64 among them) I was using to search for drivers it said that my sound device was outdated (Soundmax High Definition audio integrated device I think) and so I installed Soundmax's latest driver/ program. Yet that made the sound scratchy or added a fuzz to the sound that wasn't there before. I tried going back to a restore point but that didn't work so I disabled the device in Device Manager. Now the device doesn't even appear in the Manager, even after re installing the chipset and the program. Does this warrant a belarc report to be solved?
Any help would be much appreciated and thank you for your time.

Unfortunately the duke of flukes wasn't lucky this time.

A:Sound device disabled, now gone from device Manager

Try running Everest and have it create a report and then attach that to your next post.

Download link is available in my signature.

Is this an OEM computer or custom built? If OEM - Make & Model would be helpful.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-device-disabled-now-gone-from-device-manager-573134.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok, I have this really annoying problem with my sound on my PC.

I'll be listening to anything, could be music, a video, playing a game, anything... and all of a sudden, my sound will get REALLY REALLY loud, almost to the point where my speakers could blow. Then it will go back down to normal after about 10 seconds, and the back up again. Sometimes when this is happening, I can even turn my speakers all the way down and still hear sound as if I didn't even turn them down.

Please help guys, i've been having this problem for awhile now and can't find a solution.

Thanks in advance.

A:Sound becomes loud from time to time. Any ideas?

Test your speakers first. Try them in another system. Or try some other speakers in your system to see if the same thing happens.

If you find that the problem is with your system (not the speakers) then first try updating your drivers for the sound chip. Let us know how it goes!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-becomes-loud-from-time-to-time-any-ideas.51867/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi
Its bit complicated.
I have 5 year old Compaq Pressario V3611AU notebook with AMD Atholon X2 TK-55 processor. Was using Windows XP and everything working fine. Recently I upgraded RAM to 2GB & processor was changed to AMD Turion(tm) X2 TL-60 2.00Ghz. I installed windows 7 and everything worked fine for a week with no issues.
Recently when switched on it showed red cross on volume device. When I checked in device manager the sound video & Game controller has disappeared.

I checked most of the site but unable to install the exact driver.

Even I tried to add with Legacy Drivers in Device Manager but failed to install the correct driver.Even I re installed my Windows 7 but same issue. When I click on Volume device to fix the issue end up with Hardware Changes has been effected.

Please help me whether it is an issue with Sound Card or with driver.

A:Missing Sound Video & Game Controller in Device Manager, no sound

Just download Realtek High Definition Audio Codec (Windows Vista / Windows 7 32-bit) - Reviews and free Realtek High Definition Audio Codec (Windows Vista / Windows 7 32-bit) downloads at CNET Download.com I hope its help..

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/208877-missing-sound-video-game-controller-device-manager-no-sound.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I've had this problem since windows vista, in windows xp i could record my line in perfectly, without any problems, but now, even if i enabled Stereo mix(tried mono also) it won't make any sound when i try playing some music.

Anyony that can help me with this?

Also, as stated in the title, i'm using an USB sound card device.

A:Can't record my line in sound, using USB sound device and windows 7

Hi Coolman12 and welcome to the forum!

I did some digging regarding your Zalman ZM-RSSC, unfortunately zalman never released vista driver support for it. If you were able to make it work for Vista, you're chances to make it work for Windows 7, that pretty much tells you that you're out of luck

But there's probably one thing you might be able to do to make it work. Please try the Windows 7 Driver solution. It could be worth a shot.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/4188-cant-record-my-line-sound-using-usb-sound-device-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My wife s system has no sound I did an upgrade install of XP pro hoping that might take care of it to no avail The card shows up in the device manager as working properly but in the sounds applet in control panel it says no sound device is installed sound shows device card no up in Sound manager I have tried delting the cards and reinstalling from scratch I ve tried installing a different card none of those things work I have spent many unhappy hours trying to make the thing function again The system is running XP SP AMD athlon Gigabyte GA VT L gig memory Onboard sound or Soud Blaster Audagy sp The system I am using now is the same configuration and it has never had a problem I should say that her sound worked until a browser hijack got through Once I cleaned it up the sound was gone Having systems set up the same way I thought would make troubleshooting esier Nope I have all the same services running as her box and I have sound I m out of ideas short of a reformat and reload She teaches school and has a TON of little programs that would require me to spend all my free time fo the next month reloading her box I am out of ideas Dennis nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-shows-up-in-device-manager-no-sound.566860/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello there! So.. I'm in a pickle with my machine and Windows 7 after this latest update. On startup I get an error from MMDevApi.dll saying that it might not run on Windows or... something else. This also occurs anytime a program tries to use the sound card ie. WoW, Yahoo IM, Live IM, SL, etc. I've updated my sound card drivers to the newest ones. I still get an error that says the device is detected when going to "Sound Devices" in the control panel.

Trying to adjust the sounds themselves leads me to the Windows Audio thing... which won't start even from the component list.

Sound Card is a SB Audigy SE

A:No sound, no sound device detected, drives installed?

I have a similar fault with SB Xtreem Music - downloading the latest driver (2.18.0013) sems to corrupt Windows Audio file and it also prevents me from accessing the Control Panel, do you have this fault? otherwise sound is ok.
[email protected]

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/35687-no-sound-no-sound-device-detected-drives-installed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there, i had vista on my laptop, i formatted and installed XP, went to the Sony website got the Audio Codec driver for my Model which is VGN-CR22G installed the driver, rebooted and Sound in Control panel is still greyed out! Windows Audio is Enabled

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, I used to have Vista on this computer and didn't have audio problems. I've upgraded to Windows 7 and use the latest drivers available for my sound card (Striker 7.1). I have also tried not using these drivers and instead using a USB sound card (Sennheiser that comes with one of their headsets).

My problem is that, some time after booting up my computer, the audio starts skipping/glitching every ~30 seconds (if not more). This will usually happen with almost 100% frequency after the computer goes into sleep mode. A reboot fixes this for some time and then it starts over. This happens with all audio sources (moves in VLC, music in iTunes, youtube, etc.)

I have absolutely no idea what could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Sound skips after some time (tried diff. sound cards)

This is apparently a fairly common problem in windows 7. Just google these forums for 'audiodg.exe', and you'll see tons of other people reporting the exact same thing.

I have the same problem and my solution ended up being to write a cmd script I can launch that runs

Code:
net stop audiosrv
net start audiosrv
This shuts audiodg.exe down and starts it back up. Sad part is I have to run this anywhere from every 10 to 30 minutes. Extremely annoying.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/35228-sound-skips-after-some-time-tried-diff-sound-cards.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Title says it all. I need to wait at least five minutes to be able to hear anything on my laptop.. I can't hear songs nor play videos..

Help would really be appreciated.

A:No sound on start-up, Win8 needs time to output sound

For start up sound go to personalize>sounds>at bottom of box place a check for "Play Windows Startup sound. With a laptop you probably are using realtek HD sound driver... you could look in task manager and see if it is turned on at startup, also in event viewer>windows logs>system and look at the time when you booted and see if there are any audio errors.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/58799-no-sound-start-up-win8-needs-time-output-sound.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
i have lost the sound icon on the bottom right side of the screen and also the sound on the PC is now not working i found SNDVOL32 and try to run but comes up with the message below:

There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, Click Printers and other hardware, and then click Hardware.
this program will now close

after i have done this i got back Realtek HD Audio Manager but the sound comes out funny like an echo what can i do do get this back to normal?

please help

A:LOST sound icon and no sound working

go to sound and audio devices in control panel in the properties window click place volume control on the task bar once you can open the sound controls check none are in mute option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-icon-and-no-sound-working.884097/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an hp pavilion dv6700 notebook and I can not get the wired lan to identify any networks. In addition, I am getting the little speaker icon with a red x that says no audio output device is installed. So you would think that you should just reinstall the drivers but there is nothing listed in the device manager and there is not even a tab for gaming and sound controllers. I have tried to install the drivers but get the error that the media device for these drivers is not present. The network adapter appears in the device manager and I have reinstalled the drivers many times and in different ways but to no avail. What kind of problem could this be and what else can I do? Did I mention that I have recovered to the factory state and still get these errors? I would think that this has something to do with windows update...

A:No sound device in device manager, no lan

Hve you made any changes in the BIOS that could account for the missing devices?
Different BIOS versions have differing ways to enable and disable hardware.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-device-in-device-manager-no-lan-375616.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I ve been using a used PCI Sound Blaster for about a week and found that no Replaced sound working, but sound device everything it was slowing down my system and providing same sound quality as the on-board sound C-Media AC I have added the Sound Blaster after i Replaced sound device everything working, but no sound formatted the computer I uninstall Creative tech from add remove programs removed sound blaster from device manager and removed creative registry folder When i Replaced sound device everything working, but no sound removed all sound blaster drivers the sound Replaced sound device everything working, but no sound was still working I turned off the computer then i removed the sound card I went to my motherboard page and got the sound drivers on their website and it is the correct drivers cause i used it before I rebooted and the on-board sound drivers show up in device manager and it says its working properly I have done the following I tried all three sound ports with three different devices and none of them produced sound I loaded a system restore point to when my sound was working and it didn t work still Windows Audio services is started automatically My on-board sound card is listed in sound and devices properties Volume is turned on max and nothing is muted My on-board sound card is the only playback device listed I showed all hidden devices in device manager and there is no yellow or red mark in sound video and game controllers On-Board sound card is enabled in bios I have the latest Directx although i installed it when i had the Sound Blaster I reinstalled the C-Media drivers several times I think this problem is caused by old sound drivers from sound blaster not being deleted properly When i was deleting my Sound Blaster drivers i went to Creative s website and found how to uninstall their drivers but one of the steps asks to put the sound blaster CD in and run CTZAPXX EXE But my CD does not have that file and some of the folders it asks for maybe because this Sound Blaster is really old My Motherboard is Asrock P VM and my on-board sound device is C-Media AC nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-sound-device-everything-working-but-no-sound.723880/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok last night I switch off the pc with no problems No installs or anything that day Today I switch on and the sound has gone mental all I get is white noise hissing at max volume level I have done the following to see if I could find the problem checked all connections removed the driver and re-installed the driver a few times updated the driver - was already at most recent replaced speakers with Device sound - Like C-Media Sound no CM6501 old set - still only loud C-Media CM6501 Like Sound Device - no sound hissing at max C-Media CM6501 Like Sound Device - no sound volume checked bios - all enabled C-Media CM6501 Like Sound Device - no sound system restore - no change I even tried the front audio sockets - no change No conflicts in Device manager The sound card is an onboard card Cmedia on an asus board Board ASUSTeK Computer INC M N-SLI XX C-Media CM Like Sound Device Driver version I m thinking it is a software fault but apart from re-installing the drivers I m not sure how to resolve this at all Can anyone help please nbsp

A:C-Media CM6501 Like Sound Device - no sound

It may be time to install a simple low cost PCI sound card. When you do this, be sure to turn off the failed onboard sound in the motherboards bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c-media-cm6501-like-sound-device-no-sound.131938/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi HP Team, I am using HP 431 notebook pc, serial no: 5CB2242P7H, I purchase it on 27 oct 2012. My device lost, I want to track that device and I want my MAC address of my laptop.I also want your customer care toll free number. Kindly help me out regarding my query. Regards,Vishal Kumar8802306246

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Device-lost/td-p/5616742
Relevancy 44.72%

Sierra's "Lost in Time" was a game I played when I had Windows 3.1. (I'm using Windows ME now) The game runs under MS DOS and requires a mouse.

I've installed the game and I can get into it...but the mouse pointer never shows up so I can't play the game at all.

I've read about loading up mouse drivers in MS DOS, the autoexe.bat and config.sys files but whatever I've tried, I just can't get the mouse to work in the game.

Any ideas?

A:Lost in Time - please help!

Hello fellow gamers,

I'm having some problems with Counter-Strike and my Radeon 9700 pro. I can't seem to get higher than 40-50 FPS.... not good at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-in-time-please-help.97943/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi to all.

On my Dell OptiPlex 755 E6550 2.33, I've had intermittent issues with the headphone socket suddenly stopping working for quite some time,sometimes problem is auto detected and fixed, sometimes I download a driver or three to resolve. This time nothing is helping no matter what drivers I've tried. Have Win 7 Ultimate installed with just on-board sound. No sound or audio shows up in device manager? Are 755's fickle with on-board sound or just too many sound drivers installed? Any ideas please.

A:Dell OptiPlex 755 No Audio Output device and no Sound/Audio in Device Manager

There could be multiple hidden audio devices.
* Press windows key + R* Enter cmd, click OK* Type cd\ [press Enter]* Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 [press Enter]* Type devmgmt.msc [press Enter]* Once the Device Manager opens, open Sound and see if you have multiple grey out items. If yes, delete them, then restart the computer and retest

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19679984
Relevancy 44.72%

I`ve formatted last time then I couldn`t find Network Adapter

I`ve GA-Extreme motherboard with win 7 64-bit

What do you suggest ?

A:I have lost Network Device

Go to the Gigabyte website and find the LAN driver for your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-lost-network-device.147834/
Relevancy 44.72%

I posted my message yesterday. Isn't there anyone out there that can help me?

A:Lost Audio Device

hiya,have you tried a vista driver if one is available for your audio,worth a shot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-audio-device.1011639/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello.

Here is my issue: I'm missing my Conexant playback device. I have an HP Pavillion 2610us notebook which is running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS. All of a sudden, I've lost all sounds, but iTunes, Pandora and other programs seems to be working well and continue to play tracks. After checking my control panel, I've noticed that my Conexant is missing. However, there is still the Speakers: Bluetooth Hands Free Audio and Bluetooth Stereo Audio in my Device Manager. I've tried the following steps:

1. Ran HP Recovery Manager to re-install original audio drivers. However, "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the device for this driver" appeared and was unsuccessful.

2. I've downloaded and attempted to install the Conexant driver, sp37858, specific for this notebook, from the HP website. Still, "Driver Installation Failed: could not find the device for this driver."

These were all ran as administrator. Any useful suggestions?

A:Lost Playback Device

go to device manager update your driver there. When it asks if you want to look on the internet say no. Browse to the downloaded file you downloaded from their site
http://forum.notebookreview.com/gate...4-13-09-a.html
This thread might help as well

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/281149-lost-playback-device.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all,

I'm new here and would like to ask a question. I have a compaq presario that my brother-in-law upgraded from windows xp to windows 7. Well, because of that, I lost my audio device. I have a high definition audio device listed with a yellow sign next to it. And I have get an error message that says "This device cannot start (code 10)". I updated the driver and it says it's up-to-date. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall to no avail. I also clicked on the volume button to troubleshoot the driver and I get a message that says high definition audio device has a problem.

I went to windows support, but they have no audio drivers for windows 7. Is there anything else I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
varstrom

Relevancy 44.72%

for some unknown reason "My computer" window no longer shows some of my devixe icons
ie; device A.. floppy disc shows device C ..hard drive shows device D/E cd/dvd show
others that did show and now dont are for my sd card etc which used to show .F,G,H,I,J
stumped i am!!

A:lost device icons

nizmaro said:

for some unknown reason "My computer" window no longer shows some of my devixe icons
ie; device A.. floppy disc shows device C ..hard drive shows device D/E cd/dvd show
others that did show and now dont are for my sd card etc which used to show .F,G,H,I,J
stumped i am!!Click to expand...

Hi nizmaro.
Try this.Restart your pc/as soon as your bios screen disappears hit F8 scroll up to start Computer at last good configeration hit enter/then hit enter again if required and see how that goes if that dont work Go start/all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore/pick restore my computer to an earlier time/pick a date in bold print before your trouble started then click Next
Good luck.
Rex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-device-icons.509053/
Relevancy 44.72%

Have lost access to device manager after uninstalling Norton v 6 in Windows 7 system.

Had explorer problems after installing version 6.0 of Norton and decided to uninstall Norton. Unfortunately this seems to have created some weird results like not being able to access device manager.

Can run services and this shows Plug and Play are started automatically; does anyone of you know whether Norton made some register changes and/or some other magic that makes device manager unaccessable after uninstalling.

Many thanks in advance

A:Lost Device Manager

and welcome to the Forum

Norton can do a lot of bad things to a system . . particularly if it is already infected.

Try some of the alternate methods here:

Open Device Manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-device-manager-643953.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello!

I have an "Icy Box" USB2 external hard drive enclosure with a 160Gb drive installed connected to a USB2 socket on my XP Home Edition computer.

After turning the device on, it is recognised by the computer & an icon appears in the System Tray indicating that I can safely remove it if I want to so.

My problem is that after a while, (the time varies), the device fails to be recognised by the computer. I have to turn the power off to the device then turn it back on again. The device is then recognised again.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated - many thanks!

Best wishes to you all.

Tim Cutler.

A:Lost USB2 Device.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-usb2-device.294372/
Relevancy 44.72%

My computer has lost the d drive. I have a Compaq Pesario 5461. I was having trouble installing a game and downloaded a new driver from the Compaq website. It apparantly was not the right one and the computer would no longer reconize the d drive. I was getting "d: device not ready". I contacted Compaq support who advised me to delete the cdrom from properties and the computer would auto detect it. It hasn't. I have tried taking the cdrw completely out and putting it back in, but it still doesn't auto detect it. It is completely out of device manager and won't reinstall. I searched this site but I'm not sure exactlly what to do in bios to correct.

Relevancy 44.72%

i had Virus on monday while i was on Youtube, but i did get rid of it,
My computer then restart now i have lost Word office, i can not get it back on also lost my auido device
i have tried to
Right clicked My computer then click on properties, then i clicked Hardward then Device Magnager, then i right clicking sound and video and games, and press action

But that didn't help, i don't know any other way to get my auido back!

Relevancy 44.29%

I run Vista Home premium HP Pavilion a6110n. I can't locate where to go to find my clock to put it back on the screen.There used to be a small screen I think ,been so long now, that had all kinds of little things you could put on the desktop including the clock, strange I can't remember any of the other little toys, but anyway, I could click it onto the desktop or click it off and I can't remember where to go to do that. The little screen used to come up every time it was rebooted, but I took it off the startup and can't remember what it was called. Don't really need the clock, but it was handy. Can you give me a clue where to look for these toys. RonT22

Relevancy 44.29%

Ok so I m a first time builder here with a budget of I use my computer for web browsing with a million tabs so 1st time build, lost :P open I admit lol music recording editing normally about or so tracks only lite gaming minecraft with heavy skin packs and will be doing small video editing like boxes of video in one frame and watching movies both blue-ray and the occasional live stream I use Windows themes skins on my computer and have more rainmeter gadgets than I probably need I ve come across some good barebones kits for but they lack a few things which I may not even need lol I definitely need a wireless card no cable running to my room and obviously a blue-ray player I don t burn music or movies onto CDs if I need to I already have a burner I m looking for a minimum GB of RAM Do I really need an SSD My mind keeps saying quot YES quot but my wallet says quot nope not in the budget quot I do already have a TB drive for storage I would just like an SSD for the OS and programs But if that s not feasible I have no problem with a small HDD So what am I looking for that will meet the needs of my use and budget Mobo CPU GPU RAM PSU Case SSD-or-HDD Blue-Ray Player Wifi Card and after market cooler heatsink everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers go after market So if I m not all that crazy and this is feasible I appreciate any and all help and hope to learn a good bit in the process please feel free to teach so I actually learn something I m not loyal to any brand so I don t care about any of that at least not yet Thanks nbsp

A:1st time build, so lost :P

matrix86 said:

(everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers...go after market)Click to expand...

I would only make that recommendation based on whether the person will be overclocking. Neither Intel or AMD will package their CPU with a cooler that not sufficiently adequate under non-overclock conditions.

Have you assembled a parts list or are awaiting feedback first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-time-build-so-lost-p.192750/
Relevancy 44.29%

i have a dell solo 5300, windows xp. i recently discovered i had no sound when trying to watch a video. i went to the control panel under sounds to check the volume and it said i had no audio device. this happened overnight as i had watched a video the night before. a few days before this happened, someone installed Kodak Shareware so they could post some photos on facebook. at this time the computer said it was running low on virtual memory and was creating space. don't know if this has anything to do with my problem, but would like to get my audio device back. any suggestions? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-my-audio-device.850632/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all Lately i ve been having problems with some computer games Some work fine and reliably but several others 3D problem lost Direct device have all been exhibiting the same problem Specifically when i try to run one at some point typically the menu screen my screen will blank briefly and then the game will be minimised to the desktop If i try to maximise it again the same thing will happen The rest of the computer s functions seem to keep working fine while this is happening GuildWars runs fine The Call of Duty demo sometimes runs sometimes does this Rome Total War Serious Sam demo Black and White and FarCry all always have this problem I also tried running a benchmark program called DMark It did the same thing screen briefly blanking when i tried to run the test and then gave me an error message It says the Direct D device is lost I hope that Direct 3D device lost problem this message will be the clue to what s wrong I ll link to imagshack with a screenshot But what it says is quot Direct DDevice resentFailed Device lost D DERR DEVICELOST quot error message http img imageshack us img arkerror ju jpg So i ran dxdiag No problems with any of the tests I should note that all of these games used to run OK on this computer I can t pin down any one time or thing i might have done to cause the problem but it s been this way for months at least Like i said some games such as Guild Wars work absolutely reliably and with no performance issues even though this game is as demanding as the others ish I have the latest drivers for my graphics card and the system temps seem OK I ve taken the computer completely apart a couple of times to check for problems to no avail I have screens - a quot TFT at x and an old quot CRT at x So does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this or any other tests i can do Thanks for any help AMD Venice MB Corsair DDR N-Force mobo can t remember the exact name ATI Radeon X XL g-card Creative Audigy sound card W Antec SmartPower PSU optical drives etc etc WinXp SP Latest Catylyst drivers haven t needed to update yet no changes since i bought the graphics card nbsp

A:Direct 3D device lost problem

Hmm....in looking at your system specs, I see one possible weak point, the 350w power supply. Granted, it's an Antec, so the quality is there, but I don't really know if 350w is enough for a 64-bit CPU, an x800XL, and other stuff as well. That Direct3D error can be caused by power management problems, so it sounds like a possible candidate to me.

Try unplugging anything you don't need from your computer - run with one hard drive, one CD drive, and unplug any lights you have on. You can unplug case fans as well (NOT fans that are on heatsinks though), as long as you leave the case open and give it proper ventilation. If it helps at all, then that's probably it. That's just what popped out right away for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/direct-3d-device-lost-problem.431030/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have tried to follow suggestions from a couple other threads on this site but to no avail.

My problem: Recently I suddenly and for no particular reason that I know of, I lost both the sound on my computer AND the sound icon. I still get a little "click" sound whenever I receive e-mail or somewthing that would normally give me sound. Speakers are plugged in correctly, etc.

Any ideas? Any help would be GRATEFULLY accepted. Robinsan

A:Lost Sound and the Sound Icon

what operating system

Machine make and model, or at least sound card make and model

Any problems showing up in device manager??????

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for the sound card????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-and-the-sound-icon.159753/
Relevancy 43.86%

I tried looking this one up but only found thread related to this game I think it was posted around I am trying to install Lost in Time It is a Sierra game from I am trying to install the game in Time - Lost trouble Installation in Windows XP What I have done is this I ve installed the game on my C drive Downloaded a DOS emulator from dosbox Followed the prompts and have succesfully changed the directory to that of the game Recieved error message Warning This application requires a CD-ROM In case of difficulty refer to the manual - The CD is in the computer when I get the message Sierra no longer supports this game and I have had no luck with the manual I have I purchased this one legitimately back in the day and would really like to play it again This is also frustrating since I tried installing this game before and recieved the same error message Do I need a boot disk And if so how do I accomplish this using a laptop that only has a CD slot nbsp

A:Installation trouble - Lost in Time

I will be warned for this but I'm trying to help

Get NoCDCrack, you have bought legal software but it's game problem, so it shouldn't be illegal to use NoCD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-trouble-lost-in-time.711765/
Relevancy 43.86%

Every night usually between 8-10pm my DSL goes down. This has been going on for several months now (never happens during the day). I have replaced the DSL modem and my NIC card. Sometimes I can power cycle the modem and it will bring it back up, somethings that doesn't work. My modem is connected to a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router which is very secure. I have called Earthlink about this issue numerous times ... and I have spoken with Linksys ... but the problem goes on!!!

Can the Norton Log ... or any other log on my system help me figure out what is going on? Does this seem like a problem with the local telephone company that Earthlink rents space from?

Your thoughts/ideas would be most welcomed!!! I would like to end my frustration on this issue!

Relevancy 43.86%

I just bought a new -port USB hub after my old one had stopped working for some reason and I can't plug in more than device at a time My old one also had only Port can time at a USB 4 use hub 1 device ports and I could use my GB USB drive and my wireless mouse at the same time without any problems With my new hub If I have my mouse plugged 4 Port USB hub can only use 1 device at a time in and then plug in my USB drive my mouse stops working as if I have pulled the receiver out - the 'safely remove hardware icon disappears and my USB doesn't even connect Then If I remove either one the other one which is still plugged in will connect again I've also had the same problem if I try any combination with my external hard drive My external HD has its own power source and has the same problem I can't say though whether my old hub worked with either my mouse or USB stick because I didn't have an external back then I've tried opening Device Manager devmgmt msc and looking around in the USB section for the power being supplied to the ports but it only shows mA for my mouse And what I don't understand is even when I run this program without the hub plugged in it'll show listings for 'USB Root Hub' Now my laptop has usb ports and an integrated webcam and the options for the th listing says my camera's name along with mA even though I'm not even using it And when I plug the hub in it doesn't show any new entries and the properties for my mouse show up under the previous 'USB Root Hub' entries Does this have to do with my hub not being able to support more than device at a time or is this a power supply problem power supply as in the power that's being supplied to my USB ports not PSU And if I haven't mentioned already both my old and new hubs do not have an external power source the just have a USB connection

A:4 Port USB hub can only use 1 device at a time

It could be that the USB hub doesnt have enough power.... Thats my thought.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/201960-4-port-usb-hub-can-only-use-1-device-time.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Lost pointing device after pc updated automatically, have used recovery facility from HD but no result?

A:Satellite L870-17X - Lost pointing device

Sorry but I didn?t understand what is wrong there.
Can you please use more than one sentence for problem description?

What do you mean with ?recovery facility from HD??

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71523-Satellite-L870-17X-Lost-pointing-device
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an Device Lost XP after SP2 IEEE 1394 Update Inspiron m IEEE Device This post concerns device error This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system Now if you want to take the field trip on how I got here read on If not just skip to the bottom Lost IEEE 1394 Device after XP SP2 Update and read what steps HAVE been taken to troubleshoot this error Ok all was just wonderful and going along nicely when all of a sudden XP SP updated my computer and thank you Microsoft things went south I plugged in my Digital Video Camera and behold it wouldn t work So I checked device manager and you ll never guess what was there That s right The yellow exclamation point of complete frustration which BTW wasn t there before SP update I ve spent about weeks trying to figure this out I ve contacted Microsoft but I don t have XX XX amount of dollars for them to help me You d think they d be quite happy to offer help since there was no problem BEFORE their update I contacted Dell Tech support Sigh Since I m here begging and I do mean BEGGING for help nothing more needs to be said I contacted the manufacture of the card and bless their hearts the went above and beyond the call of corporate responsibility The have sent me a new card which was a usb ieee combo card No luck They sent me a different card still a combo but a newer version Still no luck Bless them they even offered me a different solution and sent me a IEEE card not a combo AND a new slot USB hub They did this ALL on thier dollar Well much to my dismay the error remains Here s what it s not It s not the card - I plugged the card into a Tosheba laptop and the card works just fine and no just using the tosheba is not an option It s not my computer It s not the port - when I start windows in safe mode the card is recognized and there are no conflicts Here s whats been done quot If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system quot Disabled devices modem - I never use it Broadcom x Gigabit Integrated Controller Now if any of you kind souls can find it in their heart to help this old woman out I d sure be grateful nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-ieee-1394-device-after-xp-sp2-update.495412/
Relevancy 43.86%

Have been cleaning drive with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware program and now, with almost all of the malware removed, XP Pro does not display the device manager upon demand, as well as no network adapter present and not able to even open the 'add hardware' icon in the control panel.

I also had run a new driver install for the wireless intel since I had the BSOD for w22n51.sys. It didn't install, saying the driver I had was up to date - I know now to uninstall the driver prior to attempting to update it since it is ver 8 or older. Until I get that done, I can't even display, let alone change anything.

Presently the computer is started in 'diagnostic' startup. Looking for some quick fixes - greatly appreciated!
Lionheart

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273213/lost-device-mgradapterhardware-capabilities/
Relevancy 43.86%

I need help locating the device driver for my intel chipset i recently had to format my laptop and when i had re-installed Windows XP Professional back on to the laptop i had lost about 6 drivers for some of my devices i have managed to find all but 2 of these drivers the 2 left to find are "Video Controller" and "Video Controller (VGA Compatible). I have looked on the Intel Support website but can't find the chipset here is the details from a Everest Report

Device Properties
Driver Description: Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
Hardware ID: PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_ 0F711019&REV_03
PCI Device: Intel 82940GML/943GML Graphics Controller 0 [A-3]

This information is the same on both the drivers needed could anyone help by posting a link for these drivers.
Thanks

A:Lost device drivers for Intel Chipset

You say that this is a laptop? I would check the manufacturers website for drivers sometimes they have device drivers for whatever laptop you may have, I looked at the intel site and didnt see your chipset on there. What brand and model is your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-device-drivers-for-intel-chipset.100253/
Relevancy 43.86%

I see that windows 8 is having problems with drivers upgrade like Elan wireless touch pads my is lost and not found as device in my device manager and I cant figure if the problem is only driver issue or also wireless detection.
Is there some body who knows about this and can help me please.

A:Windows 8 lost my wireless touch pad device

1) What is the make/model of your computer?
2) Did the computer come with Windows 8 installed, or did you upgrade?
3) What version of Windows 8 is your computer running?
4) Did any of the devices that you are having trouble with now work OK in the past? (in Windows 8? or?)
5) Did you mean to say the you are having trouble with your touchpad, and with your wireless connections to the Internet?
6) Or did you mean that you have some sort of wireless device that includes a touchpad? -- If so, have you visited the support website from its manufacturer for updated Windows 8 drivers?

. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-lost-my-wireless-touch-pad-device-685775.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,
I am having a problem with the sound on my Dell Inspiron 1501. I am getting no sound. when I click on the volume mixer it says "No Audio Device Is Installed" even though I have a SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec installed and the drivers up to date. Please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-even-though-sound-device-installed.680417/
Relevancy 43.86%

My speakers are working, as I can hear system sounds. But when I use software tht gives off sounds, nothing. I checked Control Panel "sounds" and it says there is "no audio device". Somehow my audio device has been removed r not working. The little speaker icon in task panel bottom right is gone. Any ideas what to try, in order tio get sound back?

Thanks so much,

Jeff

Relevancy 43.86%

I was attempting to get stereo sound (only had mono) on my speakers and from the advice of an online post, installed an extra PnP enumerator, and ended up with no sound at all.

When I go into Device Manager, there are two problem devices: 'Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller' & 'Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer' -- they both have error code 42 (Windows cannot load the device driver because of a duplicate device running on system). The Sound Card 'Realtek AC'97 Audio' reports that the driver is enabled and functioning properly.

I tried updating to the latest drivers at Realtek to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284777/sound-device-installed-but-no-sound/
Relevancy 43.43%

I downloaded videos form internet that i paid for $60. I watched them for a few days then yesterday quick time error -43 could not find file. I don't know how to find the file it is like it dissapered. I have a dell with windows xp or vista.

A:Quick time errors lost files

I need help how to get my videos back!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-time-errors-lost-files.827154/
Relevancy 43.43%

My primary hard drive failed and had to be replaced. During the reinstall of windows, it began installing on one of 4 raid disks. Since the 3 remaining raid disks still have enough data to restore the 4th hard drive, I am wondering if and how I could tell the freshly installed operating system that all 4 drives are a raid 5 and then do a restore of the 4th drive? It is/was a software raid setup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-os-disk-and-1-of-4-raid-5-disks-at-the-same-time-658036.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My laptop HP Pavillion AMD Turion Dual Core Ghz GB RAM Win Vista Home Premium SP IE Zone Alarm AVG For the last month or so my laptop loses internet connection after Internet connection time lost Solved: some after some time not a definite interval but can be as much as hours The disable or repair options do not work in that Solved: Internet connection lost after some time it shows good connection but Solved: Internet connection lost after some time no pages can be loaded I increased the RAM last month from GB to GB and thought that may be the cause but returning to the original GB RAM Solved: Internet connection lost after some time did not solve the problem I connect wireless through a router and I reset the router but it did not help When I reboot the computer it starts working again until another random usually rather long interval when it again stops surfing the net I use IE and Firefox I have checked it for viruses or malware but nothing found I have run the speedfan and the following are the current results when the laptop is working GPU C HDD C Temp C and Core C Many thanks for your help nbsp

A:Solved: Internet connection lost after some time

Bump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-lost-after-some-time.818969/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, now I've cooled down a bit, I'd like to let you what I need help with. I recently updated Windows to windows 8.1 and all of a sudden a lot programs were going much slower than they usually ran. I went around the internet for tech support and one solution was to create a new user and delete the previous user (which didn't work). Well, I lost a Doom wad that I had spent a few months on on my new computer and a 60 hour Skyrim save, along with a lot of personal information that I had written down. Is there any way to recover a deleted profile or at least recover the files that I've lost?

Note: I stupidly had my most up to date WAD file saved to the desktop.

A:Deleted User Account; Lost A lot of Time

if you upgraded, then you may still have windows.old folder. it will have most of your files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/deleted-user-account-lost-a-lot-of-time-790186.html
Relevancy 43.43%

3 days now Im stuck, I can not open any programs or access the internet. Although I can open files and images, I ge tthe same error message. 
c:\windows\system32\MSASN1.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Yes I know Vista is outdated but I hate change and until now it has given me no issues....Please HELP 

(I'm new so forgive me if this is posted incorrectly) 

A:DLL error EVERY TIME I try to open a program - I'm lost!

Hello tialaree3, and  to Bleeping Computer!  We need to scan your computer with the Windows System File Checker:
The sfc /scannow command (System File Checker) scans the integrity of all protected Windows system files and replaces corrupted, modified, or incorrect versions with the correct versions if possible.Note: Be aware that if you have modified your system files as in theming explorer/system files, running sfc /scannow will revert the system files such as explorer.exe back to it's default state.Note: Make the appropriate backups of your system files that you have modified for theming if you wish to save them before running sfc /scannow.For Windows Vista / 7:
Click the Windows Start Orb in the bottom-left
In the search box, type cmd
Right-click on the search result cmd.exe then click Run as Administrator
Next:
Copy and paste the following line of text into the black box:note: to paste, right-click in the black box and choose Paste
sfc /scannow

Press Enter to run the commandnote: this scan may take a while to finish, and if SFC reports that it could not fix something, run the command again to see if it may be able to the next time. Sometimes it may take running the sfc /scannow command 3 or more times to completely fix everything that it is able to.
We need to retrieve the System File Checker log:
Click the Windows Start Orb in the bottom-left
In the search box, type cmd
Right-click on the search result cmd.exe then click Run as Administrator
Copy and paste the following line of text into the black box:note: to paste, right-click in the black box and choose Paste
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log > "%userprofile%\desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

Press Enter to run the command, a text file sfcdetails.txt will be created on your desktop
Please post the contents of this log in your next reply

How is your computer running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578854/dll-error-every-time-i-try-to-open-a-program-im-lost/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello guys....I've been experiencing this problem for the last 2 to 3 days... when I power on from main switch it automatically starts without pressing the start button. After that it shows a screen which shows "press F4 to run setup" and when I press F4 it takes me to BIOS from where i have to change the boot device priority every time. Is it due to some virus on my system??... What is this... Iam confused.. any help from ur side would be appreciated.....Naveen*Edit:Email address removed.~ Queen-Evie*

A:boot device priority changes every time...

I'd start by replacing the battery on the motherboard.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455936/boot-device-priority-changes-every-time/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey Can't a at - DNS Problem more one connect than time device all So I m having a problem with my router I can access the internet just fine when only one device is connected but as soon as another laptop cell phone tablet or whatever connects to the internet it doesn t work for anybody and when I troubleshoot it says it s an error DNS Problem - Can't connect more than one device at a time with the DNS server I ve tried several things from setting my laptop to connect OpenDNS s server address automatically setting my router to use those I placed them in Static DNS and Static DNS resetting both the router and the modem and nothing seems to work A few more details are that I use a N- Netgear router and Brighthouse s Lightning Router Modem combo but I have the wireless turned off The Netgear Router is using DD-WRT firmware to run everything Whenever I DNS Problem - Can't connect more than one device at a time have DNS Problem - Can't connect more than one device at a time two devices connected and cannot access the internet I can ping just fine but when I ping google com no connection happens I used to have both the router and the modem router running as DHCP servers which worked fine for a while but then all of the sudden stopped Then I turned off the DHCP server on the router and just set it up in repeater mode and that worked for a while but then all of the sudden stopped working Right now the wireless is off on the modem router and I have the router setup as the only DHCP server and I believe my friend put it in switch mode or something like that I don t remember It worked fine for a day and then when I woke up I m having the problem described I ve tried just letting the brighthouse modem router being the only router but for some reason my laptop just won t connect to it and yes the modem router is BGN compatible Also I d like to be able to use the netgear router because it has a bit more range So if you need any more details just let me know I hope there s a fix Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

When I use the Windows "Add Hardware" program from the Control Panel, I get the message "You can only install one device at a time." But, as far as I know, I'm not installing anything.

A:You can only install one device at a time error

Welcome to TSF

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...ion-23082.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/you-can-only-install-one-device-at-a-time-error-381012.html
Relevancy 43.43%

here s my dilemma I snagged my dad s old pc to upgrade his operating system He was running on windows and he could not get dsl internet when we upgraded to xp pro he lost his audio driver you would think i could just go to the manufacturer s website Lost Audio computer to on Device VBOX old after upgrading XP pro to download the driver but the thing is I don t know what kind of pc it is the only thing i can see that tells me what kind of computer he has on the casing is VBOX no serial Lost Audio Device after upgrading to XP pro on old VBOX computer numbers no customer support number just Vbox I tried to see if i could see a serial number or model number on the motherboard no such luck the V looks more like a green Lost Audio Device after upgrading to XP pro on old VBOX computer check mark when I try to do a google Lost Audio Device after upgrading to XP pro on old VBOX computer search on it I can never find anything about Vbox even making computers AARRGG can anyone help is there a universal driver I can download that will be compatible with this old pc nbsp

A:Lost Audio Device after upgrading to XP pro on old VBOX computer

You can try downloading and installing Everest Free 2.2 from Major Geeks.

I don't remember the section, but I think you want Multimedia...could just be Audio---it'll tell you everything from mainboard to chipset to modem to...you get the picture.

That will get you the specifics...if there was a Sound Blaster or some other mainstream audio device, XP probably would have recognized and installed it.

Much luck...

Oh...and some older boxes might even have used the voice modem as a sound device.
Can you post a screencap of the device manager with all the categories expanded?
There may be clues in the chipset there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-audio-device-after-upgrading-to-xp-pro-on-old-vbox-computer.897258/
Relevancy 43%

Hello I have an old Dell PC Wireless to time from network lost timie connection that I Wireless network connection lost from time to timie use mainly as a file server in a wireless home network but it also runs some network services including a Subversion server It runs Win XP all updates and has been working just fine for several months However the last few weeks Wireless network connection lost from time to timie it has started dropping out Wireless network connection lost from time to timie of the network every now and then Sometimes this happens several times a day other times there are many days between each dropout Symptoms The other machines in the network can t connect to or ping the server ipconfig on the server reports quot Media State Media Disconnected quot The connection shows up with a red cross on it The wireless network configuration tool is constantly searching for a network but does not find one Performing a quot Repair quot on the connection fixes the problem Because of the last sentence one might think that this is not a big problem but it really is Since I use this as a server I really need it to be up and running at all times especially when I m travelling Futhermore I have the box placed in a closet usually with no screen keyboard or mouse attached So usually I have to reset the machine to get it back on track Not a good solution I have tried replacing the network card but that didn t help It is currently using a Netgear WG v My router is an SMC Barricade G SMC WBR Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-lost-from-time-to-timie.356843/
Relevancy 43%

Walked into the room after shutting down normally settings, my multimedia and a all controller time Lost now issue the previous day and saw my computer light was on Turned on the monitor and it looked like it was having trouble booting up by itself Finally got it booted up but it seemed my settings were missing Also the time was off I ll usually try a system restore but it didn t show any Lost all my time settings, and now a multimedia controller issue available dates and the only month it was showing was November I went into the time settings and did a synch time update with time-a nist gov setting I rebooted and my settings came back and the system restore options were back to normal showing dates that could be used from recent months The only thing happening now is new hardware found multimedia controller each time i go into windows My audio seems to be working and I don t know what driver it s asking for or where to get it Also curious as to what could have thrown off those time settings nbsp

Relevancy 43%

My wife was reading email when the machine shut down and when it restarted most of everything on it was gone. My pictures, Microsoft Office, music files. The desktop background has changed colors and rearranged the icons. The time is an hour off.

I have an older Compaq Presario running XP.

I tried to use the system restore but the only restore point is right after this happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/machine-turned-back-time-and-lost-almost-all-files.906951/
Relevancy 43%

So i ve had an on going problem of infections for quite a while To be honest I think it s more than the th time my computer has been infected after fighting time words infection for be to honest, lost 6th I'm off it was quot repaired quot I ve been having Geek Squad do the repairs because I have the tech support service with them They I'm lost for words to be honest, 6th time fighting off infection can t seem to do the job at all because I literally had it quot repaired quot at the beginning of last week and now I m already starting to see signs of infection I may possibly just be paranoid from having so many infections I don t know though I just need help I ve had plenty of time looking through my computer s registry and reading I'm lost for words to be honest, 6th time fighting off infection keys do note I ve done no modification to them at all And from what I can see with the little education I have my registry is still looking infected I have a few programs that were old and had been uninstalled in the past but are still listed on my computer Lots of use of svchost exe and rundll services depend on RPC If you have any other questions just ask me I m willing to cooperate and get this all sorted out Thank you Jay

A:I'm lost for words to be honest, 6th time fighting off infection

I'm already starting to see signs of infection.Hello and Welcome -Can you please be a bit more specific with your statement - Example, Redirects , Advertising popups , Not able to access sites , Etc -A few basic scans first to see if there are any infections showing as present -Download, Install and Update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free If you have the program already just Update and run a Quick scan -Post the scan log back here -Download, Install and Update SuperantiSpyware Free If you have the program already just Update and run a Quick scan -Post the scan log back here -Click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan You may be prompted to disable any antivirus programs for this to run - Download ESET online Scanner this will take quite a while to load the base program and then the updated definitions -Post any results back here -Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE or HERE, and save it to your Desktop.* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.Download Adware Cleaner Vista and Win7, Right click and Run it as Admin - Click the Delete button allow it to run and post the log it creates.AdWare CleanerThank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472857/im-lost-for-words-to-be-honest-6th-time-fighting-off-infection/
Relevancy 43%

Every time I plug in a usb device on my lenovo t60p laptop whether it's a flash drive, ipod, or mouse it gives me the blue error screen and it reboots. I don't know much about it, but at the bottom it says "dumping physical memory to disk" or something like that, and something about a crash dump. I am running Windows 7 and I don't know what is wrong and how can I fix this?

when I use PCI Card which support usb 4 ports its works fine but I can't boot usb stick anymore via PCI please help me ...!

A:The blue screen comes up every time I plug in a usb device?

Without looking at the dump files, I would have to guess at a chipset driver problem. Try installing the lasest chipset drivers from lenovo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/306663-blue-screen-comes-up-every-time-i-plug-usb-device.html
Relevancy 43%

I recently had a new Asus K V-MX Motherboard fitted to my three year-old Mesh Matrix computer since which time no portable devices are seen in My Computer They are picked up and correctly identified on the systray but each time I want to use any flash drive or portable device I have to assign it a drive letter through Windows XP Home Edition Disk Management Even then it is only visible in Windows Explorer where I can actually see and access my files No portable device ever shows up in My Computer If I unplug the device and plug it in again without having rebooted although the letter still appears in the list of drives I have to add a new letter to the same device in order to be able to see the files on it once more If have I a drive each I device to assign time use portable I reboot the drive vanishes and I have to start over again Is it perhaps something strange in the Registry that may be causing this All devices work the USB port settings are fine but it cannot automatically be seen I have tried reloading the chipset from the motherboard CD and have also added the Registry tweak so that all unused USB devices can be seen have then uninstalled then allowed them to reinstall themselves nbsp

A:I have to assign a drive each time I use portable device

load the correct drivers for device
check in the hardware environment look for yellow ? on a device

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-to-assign-a-drive-each-time-i-use-portable-device.56350/
Relevancy 43%

About two weeks ago I purchased a Motorola SURFboard SB At the same time I purchased an AirPort Express to extend the current WiFi network Not long after that I purchased a TP-Link five-port gigabit switch This is the current every a to device new restart Need modem time connects setup TimeWarner Cable - gt Motorola SB - gt TP-Link switch - gt Airport Extreme - gt Airport Express There is an ethernet cable that runs from the TP-Link directly into an Xbox We have two MacBooks an iPad two iPod Touches two Kindles and a Droid X that connect to the WiFi regularly Previously there was a Ubee modem - gt LinkSys DSL switch - gt same AirPort Extreme No major issues with that internet Here is the problem Every time a device connects to the internet for the first time the modem MUST be restarted After the modem is restarted the device must run a connection test which it passes before it can connect to the internet HOWEVER after the device connects another device that was previously connected to the internet loses its connection This happens no matter how the device is connected to the internet It happens with devices that connect to the WiFi and with devices that are hard-wired into the TP-Link The wireless seems to be working fine aside from the fact that one of the iPod Touches a first-gen model from has NEVER been able to connect to the internet Need to restart modem every time a new device connects since we got the setup Additionally the Kindles and Droid X from have not been able to connect as readily to the internet as the other devices I called Motorola support and they said there s not much they can do because the modem is working fine which it is When devices are connected the speed and strength is excellent and devices only lose their connection when another device is connected I have not been able to figure out a pattern of disconnects and there does not seem to be a limit on the amount of devices that can be connected to the internet at a certain time This problem has happened with as few as three devices and as many as five or six When I run the network test on the MacBook it tells me that my internet configuration has changed every time that it cannot connect I consider myself somewhat adept at these sorts of things and I m at a loss This is frustrating and unacceptable Please let me know if there are any solutions you may have nbsp

A:Need to restart modem every time a new device connects

You need to connect the AirPort Extreme to the modem, then the switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-restart-modem-every-time-a-new-device-connects.1107692/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all Let me start by thanking you in advance for your time I am a junior builder and appreciate your time I m working on a timeline and any immediate help would be great I ll take what I can get though Here is the build Intel Core Solved: it! fix Choose boot device Help time! I me must every i Nehalem GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor EVGA E -TR LGA Intel X ATX Intel Motherboard COOLER MASTER Hyper N CPU Cooler Acer X Hbid Black quot ms HDMI Full P Widescreen LCD Monitor G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF case Seagate Barracuda ST AS TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive x Sony Optiarc X DVD CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD- S- B x ASUS Xonar D Channels PCI Interface Sound Card PNY Quadro FX MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Workstation Video Card Seagate GB SATA HD w Windows Vista Ultimate bit It s a video editing build for my friends who are starting thier own business I have made two and on one of them I am writing this post It is AWESOME However the other machine is having an issue on boot up Solved: I must Choose boot device every time! Help me fix it! Also this machine is not recognizing one drive The other machine will not automatically boot I Solved: I must Choose boot device every time! Help me fix it! had issues with it loading windows This is how it all went down step by step -Tried to install windows but it always said the CD BOOT failed -Moved the SATA ports around and that helped my DVD drives to be recognized -Booted windows but had to pick out the drive from a list of all the bootable devices -loaded windows onto GB drive Left and powered down -started up then had to pick drive from list of bootable devices again Why no auto start here Turn out windows failed to load this time and it asked me to install DVD again and run a repair installation -Ran repair instal nothing happened for one hour Turned off system -Re-installed windows but when I reformatted the gb drive using the windows loading utility the first screen after the key verification It wouldn t let me use the gb drive -Installed windows on the TB drive It now works but every time I start windows now I have to pick the device from a list It takes about mins longer to boot than it should and it s really annoying I can t give this box to my buddy like this Please help me Thanks so much Truely Sam edited just rewrote for better manners and more concise explanation of problem Thanks all nbsp

A:Solved: I must Choose boot device every time! Help me fix it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-must-choose-boot-device-every-time-help-me-fix-it.834061/
Relevancy 43%

Hello, am new here so i'm sorry if I make some silly mistake.

So here's my problem. It started yesterday when I somehow lose internet connection over time (around 10minutes to 3 hours) and I have to restart my modem in order to get my internet back. This problem cycles again and again.

I want to blame my modem but other devices in my network are working fine except my pc only.

I have restarted my pc / network adapter / flush dns / set to auto DCHP etc. but no avail. Same problem both under Windows 7 and Linux Mint. Resetting modem only cures the problem temporarily before it happens again.

Hopefully someone here have an idea what went wrong in my case. Thanks in advance.

A:No internet access after some time. Other device unaffected

As its the same issue with both Windows 7 and Linux Mint.
perhaps its a signal/channel issue

on windows can you install xirrus and post a screen shot please
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-after-some-time-other-device-unaffected.1156656/
Relevancy 43%

So my situation is that I just got a new shiny HDTV and my computer has a Blu-Ray player on it so I want to pipe the output to the new TV so I can watch my moving pictures on it and maybe even pipe other forms of output such as streaming video or video games to Two a Time Device Output, Monitors, Search: at One One the big TV The problem is that I already have two monitors connected to my video card To complicate things the resolution I want to run the TV at x and the resolution my second monitor uses x are different So the behavior I want is pretty simple I just Device Search: One Output, Two Monitors, One at a Time want Device Search: One Output, Two Monitors, One at a Time a device I can connect both output devices to and pipe the input to it and then Device Search: One Output, Two Monitors, One at a Time just be able to watch the signal on one device at a time So far the devices I have found video splitters are for simultaneously piping output to two different output devices but they seem to be very problematic if the two output devices use different resolutions and all of that because the output signal can only be in one resolution I'd like to bypass this by finding something that simply only sends output to one device at a time Anyone have any solutions for me Anything you guys are currently using Thanks

A:Device Search: One Output, Two Monitors, One at a Time

Eh, I found a solution... DVI extension cable, HDMI to DVI converter, manual switching desk side... not pretty, but effective.. no one seems to make an auto switcher for this situation.. sort of surprisingly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/83599-device-search-one-output-two-monitors-one-time.html
Relevancy 43%

I bought a Dell XPS a month ago because it received rave No new 13, device files! boot valuable Dell lost found XPS reviews in basically every publication No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files! you can find Never liked Dell but needed a new laptop and the great reviews made me think there was something to it I live and work in a very underdeveloped part of the world so I picked up the laptop on my annual trip to the US Back to work I transferred many key files to the laptop and used it for a month I didn't back up because the wireless connection here is so slow that it takes a while to view an email let alone save to the cloud Was using the computer yesterday to check email and got the new Windows blue screen of death quot Sorry something happened wait for restart quot or something like that It restarted paused at the dell logo then gave me the following text quot No bootable devices found quot Press F key to retry boot quot Press F key for setup utility quot Press F key for onboard diagnositics quot When I go into Bios it doesn't find the hard drive When I go into Dell diagnositics it says no hard drive found When I used a Windows USB key which took forever to make through a coworker's laptop I tried to quot refresh windows quot but it says the drive is locked When I used the command line option I can't find the hard drive only the USB I thought the hard drive died Here's where it gets weird After running all over today to find a size torx driver I was able to open the back I took out the SSD then put it back in I pressed the power button and it brought me immediately to the Windows log in screen I logged in and I could see all my files on the desktop Then a few seconds later blue screen of death again It restarted and some Dell quot autorepair quot program started It asked me if I wanted to return to a previous period before the problems I clicked yes It said this wasn't possible Then it brought me to the same blue screen as the Windows USB stick where I could 'reinstall ' 'refresh' or use 'advanced options' like command line When I take the SSD out and put it back it sometimes does this and sometimes says no bootable device found If I try to shut down quickly it crashes If I move very fast I can sometimes get one or two small files onto a USB drive very quickly but then it crashes again Obviously this doesn't work At least I know the files are there maybe The question is what is wrong Is there some fix for this If so I can't find it anywhere online Short of that is there any way to get my files off of the SSD This is very important for my work I would be immensely grateful if you any of you fine folks could assist me here Dell support is in another timezone and not open for the last two days in any event A post to Dell's support forum has been in moderation for hours Thank you

A:No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files!

Update. Left the bottom of the case off and propped the laptop up on something to leave a lot of space underneath. Got in a room with air conditioning. No idea if this helped but the laptop stayed on for 30 minutes, enough time to extract all files to a USB thumb drive.

Immediately after I started firefox. It worked but on first page load got the blue screen of death again and on reboot "no bootable device found". Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/no-boot-device-found-new-dell-xps-13-lost-valuable-files-1023418.html
Relevancy 43%

Have a Lost ipad on our wireless network.. 50+ wifi access points.. and thousands of wifi devices connected to them..

nmap the lost device but not showing what access point its connected too.

can ping the device.

tracert shows my computer directly to lost device. will not trace thru which access point.

i can see wireless controller ip and all wifi access points.. but cannot trace the lost device.

can ping the device and see it.. shows up in my inventory just needing a way to trace route or nmap it to see where at in the building its connected tooo. so can narrow down the access point..

Relevancy 43%

I bought a Dell XPS a month ago because it received rave reviews in basically every publication you can find Never liked Dell but needed a new laptop and the great reviews made me think there was something to it I live and work in a very underdeveloped part of the world so I picked up the laptop on my annual trip to the US Back to work I transferred many key files to the laptop and used it for a month I didn t back up because the wireless connection here is so slow that it takes a while to view an email let alone save to the cloud Was using the computer yesterday to check email and got found lost 13, new Dell XPS valuable device No files! boot the new Windows blue screen of death quot Sorry something happened wait for restart quot or something like that It restarted paused at the dell logo then No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files! gave me the following text quot No bootable devices found quot Press F key to retry boot quot Press No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files! F key for setup utility quot Press F key for onboard diagnositics quot When I go into Bios it doesn t find the hard drive When I go into Dell diagnositics it says no hard drive found When I used a Windows USB key which took forever to make through No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files! a coworker s laptop I tried to quot refresh windows quot but it says the drive is locked When I used the command line option I can t find the hard drive only the USB I thought the hard drive died Here s where it gets weird After running all over today to find a size torx driver I was able to open the back I took out the SSD then put it back in I pressed the power button and it brought me immediately to the Windows log in screen I logged in and I could see all my files on the desktop Then a few seconds later blue screen of death again It restarted and some Dell quot autorepair quot program started It asked me if I wanted to return to a previous period before the problems I clicked yes It said this wasn t possible Then it brought me to the same blue screen as the Windows USB stick where I could reinstall refresh or use advanced options like command line When I take the SSD out and put it back it sometimes does this and sometimes says no bootable device found If I try to shut down quickly it crashes If I move very fast I can sometimes get one or two small files onto a USB drive very quickly but then it crashes again Obviously this doesn t work At least I know the files are there maybe The question is what is wrong Is there some fix for this If so I can t find it anywhere online Short of that is there any way to get my files off of the SSD This is very important for my work I would be immensely grateful if you any of you fine folks could assist me here Dell support is in another timezone and not open for the last two days in any event A post to Dell s support forum has been in moderation for hours Thank you nbsp

A:No boot device found new Dell XPS 13, lost valuable files!

Update. Left the bottom of the case off and propped the laptop up on something to leave a lot of space underneath. Got in a room with air conditioning. No idea if this helped but the laptop stayed on for 30 minutes, enough time to extract all files to a USB thumb drive.

Immediately after I started firefox. It worked but on first page load got the blue screen of death again and on reboot "no bootable device found". Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-boot-device-found-new-dell-xps-13-lost-valuable-files.1152292/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a samsung Hard Disk, so well when I'm testing my hars disk the software show an error : X 03 Spin up Time the especific information it was attachment in this thread.

Please if you know some kind of solution, tell me.

I'll appreaciate your cooperation.

Thanks.

A:Spin up Time - Warning Imminent data lost is predistec

Are you having trouble with this drive? If not, this error could be meaningless. Does the Drive pass its SMART test?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spin-up-time-warning-imminent-data-lost-is-predistec.130051/
Relevancy 42.57%

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions....

I lost the time zone selection in my clock. I have scoured the net and have not found anything.

Thanks,
Scott

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-lost-time-zones-in-toolbar-clock.221712/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have an issue with my wife's HP Pavilion Slimline s f computer running Windows Home Premium -bit Recently the boot times have been in excess of five minutes and on shutdown there is an occasional and seemingly random BSOD The BSOD error message includes a reference to xcfev sys - Address F A base at F DateStamp Ce e This is preceded in the error message by STOP x E xC x F A x B BCC x B The xcfev sys file is KB in size and resides in C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository xcbdav inf x neutral e e b f and in C WINDOWS winsxs x xcbdav inf bf ad e none b db Apparently xcfev sys is a ViXS XCode AVStream Driver Front-End Library sold by ViXS Systems Inc In addition under Sound video and game controllers in Device Manager there is a listing for VIXS Pure TV-U A which I believe is a TV tuner and which is indicated as working properly However there from Long and Non-Existent Device BSOD Boot Time is no TV tuner on the system nor has there ever been and I have never seen the device previously in Device Manager I suspect the long boot time may be the result of the system looking for a device that isn't there and the BSOD may be the result of the system trying to unload the same Thanks in advance for any help you can provide to eliminate this problem

A:Long Boot Time and BSOD from Non-Existent Device

You could make a Restore Point and then un-install all greyed-out devices. You can use Device Manager to do this:

Remove Old Drivers After Upgrading to New Hardware - How-To Geek

or there's a program called Ghostbuster that can do it. This link talks of both methods:

Remove old, unused, hidden device drivers in Windows with GhostBuster | The Windows Club

I've never used Ghostbuster but am going to take a look at it.

EDIT: After looking at Ghostbuster I'm not sure at all about it--it seems it might be an "all or nothing" hidden device remover, and I prefer to uninstall in a more orderly/controlled manner. So, "use at your own risk".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189584-long-boot-time-bsod-non-existent-device.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Dell Studio XPS 8000 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. In March the PC started to BSOD every time a USB storage device was connected to it. Other USB devices like mouse or keyboard did not cause this problem. It happens with two different external hard drives and 7 different USB flash drives regardless of which USB port is used.

I tried to do a restore but the we only had two restore points, both after we started having this problem.

We have backed up all our data to another PC via network connection, before reinstalling Windows I thought perhaps someone on this forum would have some suggestions. I already went through the tutorial and tried the uninstalling the grayed out USB devices, four times with no change.

I have downloaded and run the SF utility as described, results are zipped up in the attached.

I also include a photo of the BSOD.

thanks

A:BSOD every time connect USB storage device to Windows 7 PC

EDIT: From your Crash Dumps, it appears that the failing modules are SALVADOR.SYS, SPFDBUSI.SYS and Sahara.sys . It appears that all the modules are parts of Safend Data Protection Agent™ by Safend Ltd.

I would suggest you uninstall this program.

Let us know the results.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
BSOD ANALYSIS:

Code:
fffff880`03562268 fffff880`0116dd00Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\SALVADOR.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SALVADOR.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SALVADOR.SYS
SALVADOR+0x3d00
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fffff880`03561cb0 fffff880`01a67bb3Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\SPFDBUSI.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SPFDBUSI.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SPFDBUSI.SYS
SPFDBUSI+0xbbb3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800114e135, fffff880035625a8, fffff88003561e00}

Probably caused by : Sahara.sys ( Sahara+24135 )

Followup: MachineOwner
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88000c24135, fffff880035775a8, fffff88003576e00}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SPFDBUSI.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SPFDBUSI.SYS
Probably caused by : Sahara.sys ( Sahara+24135 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292865-bsod-every-time-connect-usb-storage-device-windows-7-pc.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I ve had this problem for months now Every single time I connect a device to my laptop through the USB port all the data inside that device is deleted within seconds It just disappeared away it didn t go into the deleted. device a is plugged is time in, the data Every inside Recycle Bin I ve checked and this is not a problem coming from Every time a device is plugged in, the data inside is deleted. the device Every device I use from PSP camera to a random USB storage stick has gotten this problem and it only happens with my laptop I m currently using my other PC The weird thing is on the exact second that my files started disappearing another file named quot Recycledsuc sys quot appeared And also the files in my storage device didn t disappear altogether It was deleted one by one I had thought that there was a virus malware trojan messing my computer up I tried several free didn t have the money to buy an AV program anti-virus programs but none helped I used Avast Free Edition AVG Free Kaspersky trial version McAfee trial version Spybot Search amp Destroy Microsoft Security Essentials MalwareBytes Anti-Malware None of them detected a virus except for Spybot S amp D That being said the problem is still there Also worth noting is that I didn t run all these programs simultaneously I ran an AV program then uninstalled it then installed a new AV program and ran it I only kept Spybot S amp D and Microsoft SE And before posting in these forums there was another problem Symantec Anti Virus kept popping up trying to auto-install every time I right-click or CTRL C or press Del it s as if I m double-clicking the exe file to install SAV Though after scanning with Spybot SD and restarting my computer that problem hasn t appeared again I don t know whether these problems are in some ways related to each other or not Also here s the logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT TPFNF SP exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C Program Files Mouse Driver StartAutorun exe C Program Files Mouse Driver KMConfig exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Mouse Driver KMProcess exe C WINDOWS system rundlls exe C WINDOWS system wmgipe exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe F UniKey UniKey exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files YAH messenger exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Mouse Driver KMWDSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http gamespot com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet ... Read more

A:Every time a device is plugged in, the data inside is deleted.

Bump. Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/every-time-a-device-is-plugged-in-the-data-inside-is-deleted.914636/
Relevancy 42.57%

I ran chkdsk because my entire system crashed every time I plugged in a device- -ipod, blackberry, etc...
However, the computer crashed during stage 5/5, about 49% into it. It stays a 1.8 million files of 4.something scanned, didn't move from there in hours. After a hard reboot, I ran a system check, and it told me that it's not detecting any issues. I can now plug in my blackberry with no issues.... any thoughts on what's going on there?

A:my entire system crashed every time I plugged in a device

chkdsk can take hours to finish.
If it didn't outright crash, it was still working, you just won't see it do anything. I have had chkdsk run for an entire day before.

Might want to run Hard Drive diags. But there is no telling what the problem was.
Next time you run chkdsk, let it finish. It is not often that it just stops, unless there are real issues with the hard drive itself. Then it's time to replace it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/129230-my-entire-system-crashed-every-time-i-plugged-device.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hi - i was just playing music on my dell latitude e4300 via bluetooth to a belkin bluetooth receiver connected to stereo.

somehow the connection got dropped - during a phone call on a land line. may be irrelevant.

now, i cannot get bluetooth connection back. there is no bluetooth icon in the system tray.

i cannot find 'bluetooth' devices in start>control panel> devices
--i have 2, and both ought to be there.

i unplugged bluetooth receiver, and had win 7 search for devices to add - no luck.

sure, i can reboot, and everything will probably come back.
but i am hoping for a better answer. i don't want to have to reboot every time the bluetooth connection gets lost.

i searched the web for a little, but only found unrelated posts, or posts with no answer. THANKS!

A:Bluetooth connection lost, icon gone from system tray, not in device manager

bluetooth light/icon on laptop, not screen is on; no bt

ok, i rebooted, thinking the bluetooth icon would again be in system tray, with the red in the middle, showing i have bluetooth capability, but that sound is not currently being directed to bluetooth.

no icon.

the dell laptop does have bluetooth icon illuminated on the laptop, just above the function keys - not on the screen at all / not in sys tray.

the bluetooth receiver is on, is working.

'add a device' is not finding this bt thingie.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-connection-lost-icon-gone-from-system-tray-not-in-device-manager.175310/
Relevancy 42.14%

Problem, after trying to remove a virus/maleware/currupted exe's, i seemed to have lost any information in my Device Manager and all my Network connections (both LAN and WIFI).

Not sure if this would have caused this, When dealing with the exe problems (whether it was virus, maleware or anything) i was in safemode.. I did a msconfig and clicked on boot.ini. I checked safeboot. Apon the next reboot i had no network connections, no device manager. But interesting enough my problem went away and was able to access anything again. I went back into msconfig to renable boot.ini to the original setting and an still have the same problem...
So my problem is i have NO network connections, no LAN or WIFI options.

Only after i enabled Safeboot in Boot.INI in MSCONFIG.

MSCONFIG settings set back to original settings.

System restore was apperntly off.
Any ideas?
WaRE

Relevancy 42.14%

I've reformatted my PCs so many times I've lost count I recently got this one up and running and I thought everything was good but it File, or DNS Invisible Time Crazy? lost.. of Restore, hijack? I'm New and $ Tons appears to me there is probably a bunch of stuff going on Tons of Time and $ lost.. New Restore, DNS hijack? Invisible File, or I'm Crazy? Some pages started responding weird then my ad blocker quit working my office shows it wasn't actually installed my new CD based Virus protection showed two versions and it looks like this system has a ton of users hitting it Please help Lost soo much time and money on this thinking it was the better thing to do to pay someone to come over and fix it rather than come here but then they are gone and don't see the problem again minutes or hours after they leave and I think they are just doing the surface cleaning not looking for the actual cause of the issue Here are my Logs Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Casey administrator on ASUSFLOOR - - Running from C Users Casey Downloads Loaded Profiles Casey Available Profiles Casey amp KCsGuest amp Administrator Platform Windows Home Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Edge Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Advanced Micro Devices C Program Files AMD DEC - CA - d d- - BE CDDFC amdacpusrsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ClickToRun OfficeClickToRun exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Adobe Desktop Common ElevationManager AdobeUpdateService exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe AdobeGCClient AGSService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender NisSrv exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Manager AsHKService exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x InstallShield Installation Information AF D C- F - BA -B - C C C AiChargerDT exe ASUSTeK C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Manager Ai Charger II Ai ChargerII TrayIcon ASUS Manager exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Manager PC Cleanup SecureDeleteBackground exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW wbem WmiPrvSE exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MpCmdRun exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System DataExchangeHost exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKU S- - - - - - - Run CCleaner Monitoring gt C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe - - Piriform Ltd HKU S- - - -... Read more

A:Tons of Time and $ lost.. New Restore, DNS hijack? Invisible File, or I'm Crazy?

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to a new file.

Start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

IFEO\taskmgr.exe: [Debugger] "C:\USERS\CASEY\DESKTOP\SYSINTERNALSSUITE\PROCEXP.EXE"
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
BHO: Webroot Vault -> {c8d5d964-2be8-4c5b-8cf5-6e975aa88504} -> C:\ProgramData\WRData\pkg\LPBar64.dll => No File
BHO-x32: Webroot Vault -> {c8d5d964-2be8-4c5b-8cf5-6e975aa88504} -> C:\ProgramData\WRData\pkg\LPBar.dll => No File
Toolbar: HKLM - Webroot Toolbar - {97ab88ef-346b-4179-a0b1-7445896547a5} - C:\ProgramData\WRData\pkg\LPBar64.dll No File
Toolbar: HKLM-x32 - Webroot Toolbar - {97ab88ef-346b-4179-a0b1-7445896547a5} - C:\ProgramData\WRData\pkg\LPBar.dll No File
CHR Extension: (Chrome Web Store Payments) - C:\Users\Casey\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda [2016-06-08]
C:\Users\Casey\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the LogFile button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleanerCx.txt (x is a number).===Please post the logs and include the Addition.txt file that was created by the Farbar tool.I need to review it.Please let me know what problem persists with this computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617206/tons-of-time-and-lost-new-restore-dns-hijack-invisible-file-or-im-crazy/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am in search of help regarding the following error that I receive when attempting to open my Pleomax 8 GB USB Flash Drive when I store pictures during my photo shoots. (I really need to open this drive to get to those pics!)
The message is:
THE SPECIFIED I/O OPERATION ON \DEVICE\HARDDISK2\DR8 WAS NOT COMPLETED BEFORE THE TIME-OUT PERIOD EXPIRED.Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows Device Time Out ERROR+ Pleomax 8GB USB Flash Drive

Hmmm,
Try using PhotoRec http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
Or
PCI Smart Recovery http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/smart_recovery/info.htm?language=1

Those will attempt to recover pictures off a disk/flash memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-device-time-out-error-pleomax-8gb-usb-flash-drive.624710/
Relevancy 41.71%

I lost my sound about two weeks ago. I checked all the sound hardware and volume adjustments. The sound seems to be playing on window media player 10 but no sound. The mike doesn't work. While testing the voice, I got an error: an error accurred during directplay setup. The error code 0x80004005. By the way I a'm using XP Home, with sp2. Whatever happened messed up win. media player10, had to reinstall. I have ran 2 anti-virus, ad-ware SE personal, spybot, and fix-it utilities 6. anyone have any ideas?
Jim

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi. I lost my sound cause i accidentally deleted my turtle beach sound driver....... How on earth do i get my sound back.......have no clue how to install a driver or where to download one.......Please help me.......

A:lost my sound

Please list make and model of sound card and we will see if we can locate it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-sound.108742/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a 'no sound' problem. Sound device and volume control don't show. Clicked on sound and audio devices. Under Audio, everything is gray. Could downloading XP SP3 have caused this? By the way IE7 also disappeared Downloaded IE8, but no sound still. I like to listen to music. WMP is default. Downloaded
RealPlayer. No sound. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Lost sound

I have a 'no sound' problem. Sound device and volume control don't show. Clicked on sound and audio devices. Under Audio, everything is gray. If it's gray, that's usually an indication that the sound drivers are not installed. You'll need to re-install them-hopefully that will solve your issue. If it does, great. If not, post back and we'll do our best to help you get this sorted out.I'm not able to answer your question about SP3 being the cause-someone with more knowledge than I have will have to answer it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273524/lost-sound/
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok so I recently swapped out graphics cards from a hd radeon to a nvidia geforce gtx I was using the nvidia geforce gtx to begin with When I swapped the cards i started experiencing black screen freezes and crashes After I reset my computer repeadetely I decided to swich back to nvidia since I did not have and problems with that card Now that i have my card in I have no sound at all Spent hours and hours trying to get it fixed It shows that all the devices are there but when they're plugged in it doesn't read them and I don't get a notification My audio jacks are fine took the comp in the for a test and nothing are wrong with the jacks I figured it might be a conflicting driver issue between radeon and nvidia I would really appreciate it if anyone would help me on this sicne I'm a all Sound Lost new entry computer builder and well obviously I have made alot of mistakes recently -Thanks

A:Lost all Sound

Hi, welcome to TSF

have you checked the defualt play back device is set to the sound card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-all-sound-679398.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have windows xp with all the updates plus drivers updates.I just check the device manager and no item have the yellow check mark.I scan my pc for virus or spywares.Someone with better knowleadge please let me know what is the mistake.Thanks for the attention.

Relevancy 41.71%

For some reason or other I have lost Sound on my laptop I have checked the control panel I am told sound is working correctly.
My laptop is HP running Window 8 any help appreciated

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/i-have-lost-sound-my-pc-4604889/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi There ...

Pls give me advice
When I started my pc this morning, i can't get any sound from the music i played. Yesterday everything is OK.
I checked all the cabling were OK.

Anybody can give me idea how i can solve this issues ?
My machines are personal computer with windows XP operating system.
Regards

A:I lost my pc sound

You might want to consider updating the sound card driver or use system restore .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-lost-my-pc-sound.979229/