Windows Support Forum

Solved: library on external drive using 2 computers I can't see all the library

Q: Solved: library on external drive using 2 computers I can't see all the library

I am using windows and have all my itunes on an external home network drive. Everything is all set up and all new files are written to the drive. The problem is that if I add music from a cd to the library it is only recognized by the computer that I did it on and not recognised by the other computer. How do I make both computers recognize all content in the library?

Thanks, Joe

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: library on external drive using 2 computers I can't see all the library

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: library on external drive using 2 computers I can't see all the library

No takers eh! I guess there are not many itunes users here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-library-on-external-drive-using-2-computers-i-cant-see-all-the-library.975937/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi Looked through support amp tutorials amp can't seem to find an answer Hope you don't mind me asking here In XP I could monitor my Windows Media Player music files folders external problems & drive Library to my external storage drive That's where it would look amp update them from the locations I specified In Windows no matter what I've tried to do so far it also creates these files Library & external drive problems folders in my music library folder If I delete them from there it also deletes them from the external drive We're talking about approximately mp files This causes unnecessary wasted space on my hard drive Is this a library problem amp is there a workaround for it I can't monitor my file locations through options in Windows Media Player anymore I have to do it through the library folder Can the default library folder be deleted I think that's where the problem is but I'm guessing at this point Windows Media center creates another problem in that it will let me specify what locations to monitor music photos etc but when Wmc amp Wmp are both enabled in Windows features I get an error saying quot an error has occurred Not all of the features were successfully changed quot Anyway that's what I'm trying to resolve Thanks for listening amp I appreciate in advance any help or advice you might have

A:Library & external drive problems

What you could possible do is to change the default location of your default music folder to the external drive (if that is a disk - USB stick might not work). The default location change is done in Properties > Location tab of the music folder. How this will work with Media Center I don't know because I never use that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313789-library-external-drive-problems.html
Relevancy 96.75%

EDIT This issue has been solved Hi there This problem is slowly driving me crazy and I d appreciate anyone s insights My default Pictures library has somehow become a permanent clone of my Videos library It s not that it s a copy of Videos it s that both libraries have merged into the same entity The quot Pictures library-ms quot file literally does not exist Windows is using one file and one set of options yet displaying it as if there were two libraries And it stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that quot Pictures quot can or should exist If I delete one of the quot Videos quot both links remain visible until I refresh the Explorer window which makes them both disappear If I try to delete one and then the other Windows says it Library My Videos Solved: My Pictures Library Ate can t find the file which makes sense since the individual quot Videos library-ms Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library quot file is already gone If I delete all of my libraries and then select quot Restore default libraries quot both duplicates reappear as before No quot Pictures library-ms quot is ever created I can manually create a new library called quot Pictures quot but it doesn t Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library affect the presence of the duplicate Videos and other applications such as Windows Media Player do not recognize it as the official Pictures library WMP only shows images in the Videos folders and if I select quot Manage Pictures library quot from the WMP navigation pane it opens the options for the Videos library Strangest of all is this if I delete all libraries and don t restore them manually a quot Videos quot library will automatically reappear at some point no more than hours later I can delete it when this happens but it will continue to reappear at regular intervals I ve tried editing the registry to completely disable the Libraries feature as seen here and then reenable it using the factory defaults but this doesn t make a difference Since that patch completely removes the default libraries properties from the registry I have to conclude that Windows stores additional library data elsewhere but I haven t had any luck finding it I would really appreciate any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 96.75%

Hi everyone,
When i access my yahoo mail account using a public computer at the library, can the library employees who are obviously monitoring me ( they restrict certain computers to job searches and if you deviate, they come over and inform you), can they also access my passwords?
Thank you

Relevancy 96.32%

Hi I am so close to resolving Library Not Drive on Tagged External in Pics a long running issue where both my wife and I take lots of photos but the pictures are stored across PCs all Windows and so we have not been able to see all of our pictures in one source I m Tagged Pics on External Drive Not in Library backing up each PCs pictures to an external drive I use SyncToy for this I have created a separate folder for each PC and then within each folder the sub-folder structure is duplicated where we have the same sort of themes For example each PCs folder has a Family sub-folder Each will also have Birthdays Christmas Weddings etc in the Family folder Different sub-folders might exist on each PC where there is no commonality For example I like walking and so I have folders related to the places I walk My wife has folders for her interests Then using the Pictures system folder and library on one of the PCs I have included each of the backed up folders along with the existing pictures folder for that master PC To see the one master source I have used the Homegroup This automatically provides the master PCs library as well as everyone else s The problem I m getting is that to see the master PCs library most effectively I want to arrange the pictures by their tag This resolves the issue of seeing the default view where you get all the folders from the master PC followed by the other source folders Arranging by tag brings them all together within their tagged themes So all pictures that are tagged Family can now be seen in one tagged category called Family However when I do this I can only see the pictures that are stored in the master PCs None of the external drive s pictures are loaded into the library If I revert back to arranging them by folder the external drive s pictures are then included I thought that maybe this was an indexing issue and so I included the external drive s backup areas in the index No that didn t fix it I noticed that after a bit of time when the external drive hibernated I viewed the library on the master PC that it is connected to which as arranged by tag The external drive didn t even get woken up It only started working when I changed the library to arrange by folder I would be grateful for any help on this it s so frustrating because as I said I m so close to cracking this issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tagged-pics-on-external-drive-not-in-library.1163948/
Relevancy 96.32%

I recently maxed out my Windows laptop's memory. So I bought an external hard drive and transfered all of my music to it. Upon request, iTunes asks for the location of all my songs which were originally imported sources (CD's, Internet downloads, non-iTunes downloads). Is there a way I can edit my iTunes settings so it can auto-detect the file locations in my external hard drive?

A:iTunes Library+External Hard Drive Help

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced. From there you can point to the location of your external drive where your songs are located. Hopefully all your songs are in one folder in your external drive, it will make it easier.

I would suggest letting iTunes organize your library. So check the organization button too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-external-hard-drive-help.877071/
Relevancy 96.32%

I'm running iTunes on a Windows laptop and am running out of hard drive space. I've got an external drive that I'd like to move the library to. Can I do that without iTunes seeing it as a problem and having me start over?

Thanks.

A:moving iTunes library to external drive

Yes, Itunes should recognise the files as being sold to your account.

The only thing Itunes really seems to worry about is when you change systems. If you change operating systems or reformat then remember to decommission the old Itunes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-itunes-library-to-external-drive.550433/
Relevancy 96.32%

I don't seem to be able to place an external drive folder containing just about all my video files into my C drives' Libraries gt Videos gt Public Videos Is this possible Library drive into Public from external Folder As background I Folder from external drive into Public Library have a few videos located on my C drive where the operating system is located I can place these in the Public Videos folder I am then able to view files in this folder via a networked WD TV Live media player and also via a networked Beyonwiz PVR It seems that it is necessary for files to be in the Public Videos folder before they are accessible on my network I have reviewed many of the usual tutorials about adding folders to Libraries but none of them addresses my particular problem The only way I can get my external drives' videos folder into the Public Videos library folder is by quot dragging quot it into the Public Videos folder using Windows Explorer I used a small test folder I thought I had solved the problem but then I discovered that after I had done this a complete copy of this folder must have now been placed somewhere on my C drive as the videos were now viewable whether or not I had the drive plugged in which would seem to defeat the purpose of using an external drive for network storage in the first place The problem is that I cant keep fitting all the media that I want to view on my C drive Is it a limitation of Libraries that folders from external drives cannot be placed into the Public Libraries locations Or is there a workaround

A:Folder from external drive into Public Library

PS. It would even just be useful to know if anyone else can simply place folders from an external drive into their Public Libraries. If I know it is possible, then I guess I need to then start looking at network options and permissions etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86545-folder-external-drive-into-public-library.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Okay, soo my computer's memory is full and I want to clean it out. I was wondering if it's possible to export my itunes library on a 1TB external hard drive, delete all the music off the computer than be able to sync my ipod while my hard drive is plugged in. Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exporting-itunes-library-to-external-hard-drive.163025/
Relevancy 95.03%

After some advice on using an external hard drive (EHD) to listen to music at work, rather than having to copy files manually from my master copy on the home PC, to HDD and then to the work laptop every time I add new music.

Work system is pretty much locked down, we have XP SP3 (yes, I know!), and has WMP11 installed. This works well enough telling WMP to monitor the EHD's folder for the music, but occasionally, the drive assignment changes and you have to re-build the library which is a bit of a PITA when you're busy!

I use PortableApps suite so I can run handy programs like Firefox, GIMP and Infrarecorder. I tried Songbird Portable but it seemed to really be a resource hog.

Are there any applications that work well with a portable file source as the main file location for the music files?

A:Best Media Player/Library for use with External Hard Drive

OldVersion.com Have a look at this site your sure to find something you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-media-player-library-for-use-with-external-hard-drive.955847/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have a rather large mp3 collection (200 GB and growing!) and I would really like to free up some room on my laptop's hard drive for other things (the HD is 320 GB, but as I'm still collecting music, that will most likely shrink as time goes by!). Anyway, I recently bought a 1 TB external hard drive, and would actually like to keep my music on there instead of my internal hard drive.

But I'm wondering if this will cause any issues with iTunes and my iPod (a 160 GB iPod Classic.) Is it possible to keep my library and mp3 collection on an external hard drive and still have everything work with iTunes? If so, is there a specific way to keep everything working? Or am I stuck with having to keep my ridiculous mp3 collection on my internal hard drive?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Keeping iTunes library/mp3 collection on external hard drive?

Try one of these links. Hope it helps. The video is pretty easy. The article in more detail about managing.VideoArticle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313017/keeping-itunes-librarymp3-collection-on-external-hard-drive/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello,
This is my first post. I just installed Windows 7 and one thing is really annoying me. How do I shut off the feature that asks me to take ownership of every individual folder in my music files from my external drive before I can open them and add them to my media player library? I just want to add them the way I used to in XP or better yet just drag and drop the main folder into media player.

A:How do I add music files from external drive to media player library using windows 7?

This information should do the trick.You will basically take possession of the entire drive all at once instead of files\folders on at a time.I realize it says XP in the title but it should work for Win7 too.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379395/how-do-i-add-music-files-from-external-drive-to-media-player-library-using-windows-7/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hiya

The Picture It! Library and Digital Image Library do not display temporary files. By ignoring temporary files, the Library can remain clean and uncluttered. An issue has been identified where some software marks photos as temporary files when they are acquired from the camera. This patch enables the Library to view these temporary files.

The software currently known to mark new files as temporary is Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser version 4.1.0.46.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP

Multimedia PC with Pentium 500 MHz or higher processor
128 MB of RAM

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e5-5d09-4bbf-b7df-b1451f201dae&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

A:Picture It! Library/Digital Image Library: View Temporary Files Patch: Aug 26

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/picture-it-library-digital-image-library-view-temporary-files-patch-aug-26.160012/
Relevancy 89.87%

A year ago I created a custom Library and have been using it successfully until the beginning of this week The library's folder location is similar to the following C Users USERNAME FOLDERX Now when I open the Library it shows a listing Library! in Conundrum: By Custom Missing Library Folders' is 'Arrange of all of the files found within all of the folders in that library that is imagine a book separated by chapters folders and now all of the pages are scattered files in one cardboard box On the top right of this Library window I have the following quot Arrange by quot options -Date modified -Tag -Type -Name ---- -Clear Changes On the quot working quot libraries such as 'Documents ' there is a quot Arrange Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library! by Folder quot option which is what I am attempting to have the custom Library emulate I have deleted the custom Library and tried to reestablish it but the same issue persists I cannot sort the Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library! Library by folder rendering it useless Is there anyway to have the quot Arrange by Folder quot option reappear Did I accidentally switch some setting or is this due to a Windows Update Thank you

A:Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library!

Did you create a new library with the same name or a different name? When you go to Libraries, and you right click and select properties on Documents, do the attributes match what you find when you right click and select properties on your new library?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/196726-library-conundrum-arrange-folders-missing-custom-library.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Try to create new library.
Get "Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms" Access is denied.

Found:
"Unable to create the file 'New Library.library-ms' File System error (16389)

The error 16389 (0x4005) is a trucation of a E_FAIL error (0x80004005)."

New library commands raise an error 16389 when "Prevent users from adding files to the root of their Users Files folder" policy is enabled | Microsoft Connect
"Unable to create the file 'New Library.library-ms' File System error (16389)

The error 16389 (0x4005) is a trucation of a E_FAIL error (0x80004005)."

http://connect.microsoft.com/Windows...icy-is-enabled

http://snipurl.com/uvm5h
Recently transferred files from C:\Users\Ray to E:\My Documents.--used MS move command, thought it would transfer references, apparently not.

What should I do to be able to create a new library?

A:Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms

Run "cmd". Type "SFC /scannow" (without quotes), hit enter.
Also check the event viewer for errors related to "16389".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71484-unable-create-file-new-library-library-ms.html
Relevancy 88.58%

So I have a desktop and a laptop connected wirelessly My music collection is located physically on the desktop The desktop is what I use to sync my MP player to my WMP library What i want to be able to do is edit my WMP library playlists from both computers So basically I want to be able to open WMP on either 1 2 Library, computers? PC and see the same info under the Library tab and if I make a change on the laptop I want that change to be seen on the desktop library tab Right 1 Library, 2 computers? now I am limited to this task on the desktop so I can only sync my player to the desktop I d like to have the option to sync with the laptop as well or at least make changed to my library info from the the laptop Bother computers are running Windows 1 Library, 2 computers? XP WMP If you actually understand that jibberish and can help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

My problem is maybe a little complicated I want to move my iTunes library to an external hard drive Unfortunately I tried to move it without following the proper instructions from Mac I moved the music files iTunes Music folder to the external hard drive and deleted the folder and music files from my computer after the move Then I went to iTunes preferences to change the location of iTunes Media to the external Then I checked it and iTunes couldn t play couldn t find any of the files of course I moved everything back changed the preferences still couldn t find the songs so I re-created my library and playlists following the instructions from Apple support Now most of my music is back in iTunes but not all Some of it it said it couldn t find I m not sure of all of the music it can t find I know some of it from memory All of the files are in the iTunes Music folder I (iTunes some library iTunes Solved: Library Help find songs) can't assume and I so want to added the files it couldn t find but not duplicate everything I have in my library already Then move my files to the external properly How do I do this Bonus question None of my I iphone applications are in my iTunes I m afraid to connect my phone now as I fear I will lose the applications and Solved: iTunes Library Help (iTunes library can't find some songs) the info in those apps How should I handle this Sorry for the long explanation Thanks for your patience nbsp

A:Solved: iTunes Library Help (iTunes library can't find some songs)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-library-help-itunes-library-cant-find-some-songs.939142/
Relevancy 87.29%

I don't know whats going on but if I go to options and click on Monitor Folders and find my folder where all of my music is located.

WMP11 finds all 24002 files but says "0" added when completed. I basically have no library and I'm not able to add the files to the library.

I've restarted my computer, I've deleted the watched folders and added them back without any luck.

A:WMP11 finds my song library but won't add it in the library?

First turn off Monitor Folders and leave WMP open in the library view. To add songs to the library, select the music file folder(s) in Windows Explorer then drag-and-drop them into the WMP window.

If that doesn't work, delete the WMP database http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925718 and try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp11-finds-my-song-library-but-wont-add-it-in-the-library.724728/
Relevancy 87.29%

Apologies if I'm on the wrong board but hoping for advice on rebuilding my iTunes library without library.xml rebuilding library on iTunes Advice without or .itl? a full library xml or itl I'm on Windows bit iTunes My tech skills are poor and after a corrupted library event I just reinstalled itunes and then added my itunes folder from my C drive in itunes File gt Add Folder To Library However not all the songs on the HD were added to my iTunes library i e for many albums random tracks were missing when viewed in iTunes the original xml and itl files were corrupted and I didn't try to use them for this I can go to Advice on rebuilding iTunes library without library.xml or .itl? the iTunes folder on the C drive and right-click to Open those missing files with iTunes After they have been played like that then they are visible in the library in itunes but doing that with every individual missing track is incredibly time-consuming I've just bought a new PC and want to port my whole library over to the new machine Is there any way of moving all the files to the new machine via external HD and then rebuilding the library without gaps even if the library xml and itl files from the old machine have gaps Any suggestions would be really appreciated or somewhere else to go to find help Many thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621251/advice-on-rebuilding-itunes-library-without-libraryxml-or-itl/
Relevancy 87.29%

For some reason if I go to the libraries where is has Documents, Music, Pictures and Video I cannot open anything it just says LIBRARY-MS File. I can access the folders if I click on computer, C drive, users etc. I have tried deleting the -MS files right clicking on Libraries and clicking Restore Default Libraries I have also tried making a new user account, adding folder to libraries, even reinstalled Windows 8. Any suggestions?

A:cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

Did you first set up a Homegroup with the other machines in your network?

I don't believe the Library folders will function unless a Homegroup has been set up.

The Homegroup trouble shooting guide will show you how to fix most Homegroup related problems.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16257-cannot-access-library-folders-keep-getting-library-ms-file.html
Relevancy 87.29%

My libraries file, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos had developed a problem.

When I click on Pictures, the picture folders appear, but immediately below, my document files appear as folders also.

If I delete a document file in the pictures file, the document also deletes in the documents file.

If I try to move the document file from the picture file to the document file, a window says its an Identical sub folder and won't go any further.

How can I remove the folder list of documents from the picture file without destroying those documents in the document file?

I think that this problem developed as I loaded an ArcSoft program to read slides into my computer.

Thanks,

Jimbow

A:Documents Library also Appears in Pictures Library

Hello Jimbow, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If it's just been added to your Pictures library by mistake, then you should be able to use the tutorial below to remove it from the library without deleting the actual folder.

Library - Remove a Included Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302720-documents-library-also-appears-pictures-library.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello

We have a GPO setting "Prevent users from adding files to the root of their Users Files folder" as we do not want users to be able to add files to their Roaming User Profile.

This GPO causes an error when a New Library is attempted to be created.

Because of the error we would like to Remove the "New Library" button from the toolbar which appears when the Library item is selected in the navigation pane.

The following article is great, however I cannot find a reference to the "New Library" button.

Windows Explorer Toolbar Buttons - Customize

Could any customisation wizkids offer any advice please?

Many Thanks

A:Remove New Library Button in from Library Toolbar

Hello Lee,

Doing step 7 in the tutorial below to remove "New -> Library" from the context menu will not remove the "New Library" toolbar button, but it will also effectively disable it. It may be a good workaround for you.

New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155361-remove-new-library-button-library-toolbar.html
Relevancy 87.29%

For some reason if I go to the libraries where is has Documents, Music, Pictures and Video I cannot open anything it just says LIBRARY-MS File. I can access the folders if I click on computer, C drive, users etc. I have tried deleting the -MS files right clicking on Libraries and clicking Restore Default Libraries I have also tried making a new user account, adding folder to libraries, even reinstalled Windows 8. Any suggestions?

A:cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

Did you first set up a Homegroup with the other machines in your network?

I don't believe the Library folders will function unless a Homegroup has been set up.

The Homegroup trouble shooting guide will show you how to fix most Homegroup related problems.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16257-cannot-access-library-folders-keep-getting-library-ms-file.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I have Musicmatch Jukebox I used to have and I have a saved library ddf file in my external hard drive After getting the library is now not saving to any ddf file that I know of I have searched all my drives for all ddf files and produced nothing My original ddf file I saved all the time when adding new music has been the same mb since i upgraded to the ddf file isn t getting any bigger I have tried deleting mmjb from my entire computer and going to MMJB option save or to library 10: new No library the C directory and physically deleting musicmatch When I download a fresh copy I still cant save or create a new library In MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library addition it still pulls up all my music which is stored in my external hard drive Even if I turn my external hard drive off mmjb still brings up all the music of course it wont play because the hard drive is turned off but somehow mmjb knows my current library so is it storing it in a file which is not a ddf file There is no option to quot new library quot or quot save library quot Someone help me nbsp

A:MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library

It might be that the file is hidden and windows cannot see it. Go to My Computer, then Tools > Folder Options > View > select shown hidden files and folders.

Also it could be that it's not using the DDF file anymore and using a different one. Maybe M4U or something similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mmjb-10-no-option-to-save-library-or-new-library.352109/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello Folks

We are a library system. We do have public machines which patron use for their own stuff. I am looking a software where staff can limit the public computer for time, software restrictions, etc and can be managed by a centralized system which can hook it up to Active directory or so. Any idea?

A:Software for Library System-Public Computers

I think your best source is to contact some of the other libraries in your area and see what they are using.

I know that the KCLS here in Washington state uses many different programs and they have a large software and IT budget. KCLS is one of the top 10 Libraries in the US.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-for-library-system-public-computers.1152347/
Relevancy 85.57%

On computer in Explorer under Libraries I have Documents Download Music etc The properties of this Download shows Downloads is empty no folder On the right black pane of the Start Menu is computers Download functions Library two on differently Downloads and the Properties shows the files in user download But unlike Documents My Documents and files or Pictures My Pics and then files this Download has no Download Library functions differently on two computers second My Download One just sees the files by hovering over Downloads just like Recent Items or Computer On computer Libraries has Download Library functions differently on two computers User Documents Pictures but no Download Library functions differently on two computers Downloads and you must click on them and an Explorer window opens to see the files How do I get any Library to show on the right pane of the Start Menu if it is supposed to be there is that what is called the jump list In other words how do I get a Documents window on like is on How do I get the Start Menu right side Library Items to just show the documents without the redundant step steps of either My Documents or the Explorer windows Sorry it just seems that the Library concept makes things far more redundant and complicated Thanks for your good help

A:Download Library functions differently on two computers

Hello Gomer,

You can have your library/user buttons (ex: Documents) on the Start Menu to show as a menu instead of opening to Windows Explorer by opening the Customize Start Menu settings, then set each one to Display as a menu instead of Display as a link.
For the Downloads library, this may be helpful.

Downloads Library - Create

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/197243-download-library-functions-differently-two-computers.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I would like to add the games library into the main library system that includes: Videos, Music, Documents, Pictures, Podcasts, ect. How could I do this?

A:Is there a way to add games library to main library?

Correct me if I'm wrong because I have really never used the "Games" Interface but I think it's a part of the system as in like not a folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/80721-there-way-add-games-library-main-library.html
Relevancy 82.13%

PC was dying. Back up regularly onto MyBook. Have my ITunes folder that has ITunes music folder inside it and also ITunesMusicLibrary.xml and also ITunesLibrary.itl and a previousITunesLibraries folder and an AlbumArtwork folder and a couple of files with the extension .itdb

ITunes is now loaded on the new windows7 PC. I'm looking for some instructions on exactly what to do to get the music onto the new PC. I don't want to mess anything up. I've been reading, but it has just gotten me more confused. I'm happy to follow instructions, but need step-by-step....

Thanks for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-my-itunes-library-from-my-external-hdd-onto-my-new-windows7-pc.951257/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi Everyone,
I am new here and useless in the computer world.

I am trying to copying my extensive itunes libray to an external hard drive.
I followed instructions downloaded from itunes(7). Everything was great until I went into the last instruction

File> Libray> Consolidate Library Message pops up click consolidate.

All was well copying files. Then suddenly 5 minutes in I get this message

UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURED - 69

I contacted I tunes tech support - they sent me instructions for a mac although I told them I had a pc. The instructions I downloaded are for a PC.
We got knowhere. When I called Microsoft for help a man in India wanted hundreds of dollars to help me.

Please can anyone help me with this problem?
regards
flygirl3002

Relevancy 79.55%

I have a new Dell computer XPS running Windows Professional I have an old Western Digital My Book external drive to a folders Windows drives Problem external library moving 7 from USB and a new one USB The old drive has Problem moving folders from external drives to a Windows 7 library a cloned Acronis version of my old computer on it The new computer had a little trouble finding the old drive but eventually did so and no trouble finding the new drive I was able to copy the folders I wanted from the old external drive to the new one but not from either the old or the new into a Library I created for stuff from my old computer Of course I can link the folders to Problem moving folders from external drives to a Windows 7 library the Library but not actually copy them to it- which is what I had planned to have old and new data in one place reserving the new external drive for clones or backup When I attempt Problem moving folders from external drives to a Windows 7 library to either drag the folder or do a copy I get the red circle with a line through it Any suggestions for what is going on

A:Problem moving folders from external drives to a Windows 7 library

Hello bmanning, and welcome to Seven Forums.

As a test, see if you will be able to drag them to your desktop first, then move them to where you like afterwards. Windows 7 has built-in security that prevents anything from being copied from an external source directly into a system folder. It has to be to a user folder (ex: desktop) first, then from the user folder to a system location.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/238034-problem-moving-folders-external-drives-windows-7-library.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have office with the issue of Outlook version Sp installed on my Windows X bit machine I have tried a repair reinstall of Outlook removal of Outlook and reinstall but nothing helps the issue I am having I have checked multiple times through various spyware checkers but I do not have any virus or spyware on my machine Its clean as a whistle I have also of C Error external/bo of crash Microsoft library Visual with 2003 Outlook ++ runtime ran multiple times sfc scanner and everything is fine with my windows and no errors to report I have also Error of Microsoft Visual C ++ runtime library with Outlook 2003 crash of external/bo went to Outlook and then tools - gt Options - gt Other - gt Advanced Options - gt Add-In Manager and uncheck any extension configuration files and this has not helped either I have tried extensive research on google and tried everything possible without much luck Error of Microsoft Visual C ++ runtime library with Outlook 2003 crash of external/bo This is the issue I am having I have Outlook open and then all of a sudden I get an error message that appears and all I can do is quot abort retry or ignore quot and the only thing that actually works is abort and then the Error of Microsoft Visual C ++ runtime library with Outlook 2003 crash of external/bo outlook closes and I need to restart the outlook app over again The error message is Microsoft Visual C runtime library Assertion Failed Program C x Microsoft Office Office Outlook exe File external boost boost shared ptr hpp Line Expression px If you have an idea on how to fix this and resolve this for me please let me know nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-of-microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-with-outlook-2003-crash-of-external-bo.1057720/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, for some reason I can't seem to move my 60GB media folder to another internal drive in my computer. I can move individual folders from the library to the other drive but I can't select the whole 60GB folder and move it.

Seems odd, I've never had this problem, and I don't even get a message, nothing.

I tried moving another media library from a different HD to the target HD this time it worked, but for some reason the original HD that I want to transfer data from won't let me unless I select individual folders.

A:Can't move media Library to another Drive

Must have something to do with Windows because I booted into Linux and was able to transfer the files.

Really weird wouldn't even let me rename or delete the folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274929-cant-move-media-library-another-drive.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I keep my pictures on a file server on my network.  I wanted to add the relevant location to my Pictures Library, but it refuses, saying I can't add a non-indexed location to the library.
So, I need the Search Indexer to index a network drive, but it seems impossible to do so.  Control Panel | Indexing Options only offers the hard disks on my own PC.
I can't believe Libraries won't work with networked drives.  So what do I do?
Could anyone help?  Thanks. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7b0e8d81-d728-43b9-8857-bafdb6bbc229/cant-index-a-network-drive-so-cant-put-in-library?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 75.68%

hi i have a sandisk flash drive that works at home but when i go to the library i can never e mail anything off of it the prompt is always asking for a file name when i put "resume" for example it says file not found i have also tried putting in every type of file such as pdf , windows word excetara ht library doesent seem to know also how do i find a file name of something thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-drive-library-problem.888462/
Relevancy 75.68%

I am getting this error when trying to use urDrive. Can anyone assist pls ? The exact message reads Net 2.0 Framework Liabry is required to run urDrive. I have tried to download the library and then another error message states that parameters are not present or something similar

A:Net 2.0 Framework Library error with my UR Drive

http://www.kingston.com/en/support/..."If you currently own one of these Kingston DataTraveler drives, you can download urDrive: DataTraveler G3, DataTraveler 101 G2, DataTraveler 100 G3 and DataTraveler SE9"You do have one of these models?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/net-20-framework-library-error-with-my-ur-drive/203463.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a dell Vostro with XP. The original drive on the Vostro was partitioned into C and S. I also have another drive on the Vostro, drive T.
I have linked drive T to a library on my Windows 7 laptop with mklink without issues. I cannot link S drive to the same library.
Is there a reason that the S partition cannot be linked to the library?
kyh

A:Cannot link xp drive to windows 7 library

Is the offending drive formatted NTFS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80141-cannot-link-xp-drive-windows-7-library.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, I accidentally changed my downloads library to C drive. When I click on the downloads library tab, it takes me to C drive, rather than just the downloads folder in C drive. I can't change it back.
Anyone got some advice for a dingbat? Thanks!!

A:I accidentally changed my downloads library to C drive. HELP!

Try using System Restore to restore your computer to a date before you made the change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401738-i-accidentally-changed-my-downloads-library-c-drive-help.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I was burning a CD and my i tunes program stopped when I looked up it was blank thousands of songs gone The program was new like I had just downloaded it when i tried to sign in it said my account never existed Anyway to recover all that music I tried to burn a CD just a few minutes ago and it said Disc Burner or Software not found I went to start under computer there is only Local Disc C amp Recovery D my DVD CD Rom drive is gone My Document folder in the Library has disappeared twice in the days or so All my files are gone The sub folder My Docs has C after it now None of the others do Anyway to recover Folders that I put on my Desktop randomly disappear A folder Titled Print keeps popping up on the Desktop I delete Folders CD just ~ & drive, disappeared. Library Desktop HELP it and it comes back It has not HELP ~ CD drive, Library & Desktop Folders just disappeared. re-appeared since this morning Shouldn't I run a program on my external hard drive to see if it's infected I have saved folders on there I need to recover Someone from the Malware Response Team has been assisting me most of the week Today he told me to Post a new Topic it's not Malware Can anyone help me Is it a Hijacker deleting and posting folders i'm not very good with computers Thank You DelFix v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Username Me - MINEMINEMINE Operating System Windows bits Removing disinfection tools Deleted C FRST Deleted C AdwCleaner Deleted C Users Donna Downloads FRST-OlderVersion Deleted C Users Donna Downloads AdwCleaner exe Deleted C Users Donna Downloads dds com Deleted C Users Donna Downloads esetsmartinstaller enu exe Deleted C Users Donna Downloads JRT exe Deleted C Users Donna Downloads HijackThis exe Deleted C Users Donna Downloads hijackthis log Deleted C Users Donna Downloads tdsskiller zip Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE AdwCleaner Creating registry backup OK Cleaning system restore Deleted RP Scheduled Checkpoint Deleted RP Installed Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin Deleted RP Removed Product Improvement Study for HP Officejet series Deleted RP Configured Media Suite Deleted RP Removed iTunes New restore point created - EOF -

A:HELP ~ CD drive, Library & Desktop Folders just disappeared.

If you have any remaining data you don't want to lose, back it up, then restore to factory settings using the instructions in your user guide.

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $60 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus Todo Backup Free.  That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538707/help-cd-drive-library-desktop-folders-just-disappeared/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, I accidentally changed my downloads library to C drive. When I click on the downloads library tab, it takes me to C drive, rather than just the downloads folder in C drive. I can't change it back.
Anyone got some advice for a dingbat? Thanks!!

A:I accidentally changed my downloads library to C drive. HELP!

Try using System Restore to restore your computer to a date before you made the change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401738-i-accidentally-changed-my-downloads-library-c-drive-help.html
Relevancy 74.82%

So not sure what the wife did all I do know is she removed her folders of My Documents Music Pictures and Videos I have all the stuff backed up but here is what I got so far I had some issues with restoring the folders but I followed an instruction here in the tutorials on how to restore by re-installing Windows I have -bit pro Now only two of the four folders are fixed My Pictures and My Videos are still acting up If I right mouse click on the library and select properties the only one that shows up is the public folder If I click restore defaults nothing If I add the folder they are in her profile then it shows up I save it and it is there But it shows up as My Pictures C I tried renaming but you cannot So how do I fix this My Documents and My Music are fine though It's just My Pictures and My Videos

A:Strange Drive Letter in each folder in Library

Quote: Originally Posted by AirPower4ever

So not sure what the wife did, all I do know is she removed her folders of My Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos.

I have all the stuff backed up, but here is what I got so far.

I had some issues with restoring the folders, but I followed an instruction here in the tutorials on how to restore by re-installing Windows 7 (I have 64-bit pro). Now only two of the four folders are fixed. My Pictures and My Videos are still acting up.

If I right mouse click on the library and select properties, the only one that shows up is the public folder. If I click restore defaults, nothing. If I add the folder (they are in her profile) then it shows up. I save it and it is there. But it shows up as My Pictures (C. I tried renaming, but you cannot.

So how do I fix this? My Documents and My Music are fine though. It's just My Pictures and My Videos

Are you saying it shows up with the open parenthesis and a smiley face?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/259767-strange-drive-letter-each-folder-library.html
Relevancy 74.82%

When I try to include a folder on USB flash drive, I get message "This folder cannot be included because it is on a removable device

Link "Which locations can be included states for USB drives"
Only if the device appears in the navigation pane, under Computer, in the Hard Disk Drives section. This is set by the device manufacturer, and in some cases, it can be changed. Contact your manufacturer for more information.
I contacted 2 Manuufacturer but do not understand problem/not able to advise which of their products will appear in HDD section

Is there a way to
1. make removable device appear in HDD section
2. include folder in libraries which are on removable USB flash drive
Thanks
James

A:Library will not accept folder on flash drive

I found this link which shows how to Add folders to libraries and mentions USB flash drives

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/111430-library-will-not-accept-folder-flash-drive.html
Relevancy 74.82%

When booting from his new SSD boot drive, Leo will end up with "errors" on the hard drives that need to be "fixed" IF he accesses any libraries that he set up on his old hard drive still is the computer.

My friend Leo, installed and boots from an SSD I gave him. He loves it. He also like that he can still boot from his old hard drive. If he accesses something via the library links that he had set up tho, it causes Win8 to report disk errors on boot that need to be fixed.

How would Leo go about disabling the libraries that he has set up? And is this the real issue for the errors? (Leo says that that he gets no errors unless he accesses something via the libraries).

A:How can I turn off Library links on old boot drive?

Make sure fastboot/hibernate is disabled in the win8 os. It can cause these errors.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22441-how-can-i-turn-off-library-links-old-boot-drive.html
Relevancy 73.96%

We have a Dell running WIndows XP. Last week our hard drive crashed and burned. We installed a new one, but now iTunes claims it won't recognize our iPod since it is synced to a different computer. Is there anyway to get the songs off of our iPod onto our new hard drive?

A:Old Hard Drive Crashed. Any way to save iTunes Library?

This may help:
http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-197173.html
Pay special attention to the part about backing up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-hard-drive-crashed-any-way-to-save-itunes-library.835012/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey everyone,
I tried searched for this but i kept recieving a server error so I decided to just post the question.
I recently installed Windows 7 on my computer and I rearranged my hard drive and got them all in order. On my old copy of Vista my music library was stored on my 1tb hard drive which was like drive L. Now my 1 tb hard drive is under drive D. I backed up everything including my iTunes so now it has all of these song files that it can't find. Is their anyway I can update it so it'll update and use my new drive letter? I don't want to go through and add them all again because then I would have to remake all of my playlists and I don't want to do that. Is their anyway to mass change the library to another drive letter?
Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-itunes-library-after-changing-hard-drive-letter.872814/
Relevancy 73.1%

Quick question that someone might know the answer to Tryin to make my HTPC as power efficient as possible heres the setup DISK - HD --- Movie Titles ------- Movie mkv - TV DISK - HD --- Movie Titles ------- Movie mkv - XVID ETC up to disks Library mode just has a folder called Movies and all the HD folders under it so everything appears like its on one in Hard Drive Spinup Library/Homegroup Prevent view partition in one folder Movies Library ----DISK HD FOLDER ----DISK HD FOLDER ----DISK HD FOLDER Now everytime i access that movies library all the hard drives spin up Is there any way to cache the contents so it only spins up the drive when the actual movie title is picked on a certain drive and only spins up that drive to play the movie So if Prevent Hard Drive Spinup in Library/Homegroup view Transformers was on disk all i want to spin up is disk but i still want to be able to see whats on all drives I hope i was clear on what is going on and what i want to happen

A:Prevent Hard Drive Spinup in Library/Homegroup view

No it is not possible...the Library view is just an aggregation of separate file system calls. To get the list of files it needs to spin up the HDD to get the list of files...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/30646-prevent-hard-drive-spinup-library-homegroup-view.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I uninstalled iTunes and want to play the .mp3s (I still have the library files) with WMP. When I use 'add to library, it shows finding files, but they don't show in my WMP library. How do I add them?

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, I am a new user of Win 7. I had quite a few oldies in my Windows Media Player library and my son has deleted them by removing them from my music directory. As a result they still show up in the library but can't be found by WMP and can't be deleted from the library. Can anyone tell me how to clear out the whole library so I can start again? I have tried library update and library repair all to no avail. I have also found that I can't change the permissions for WMP.

Thanks,
Bill69

Relevancy 73.1%

I have three computers, 2 with vista and 1 with xp. I have already backed up one vista computer and it worked fine. Does anybody know whether using the 'backup and restore' windows feature to backup the second computer that runs vista onto the WD drive. I know that i have enough room, it is just that i am worried that the new one might overwrite the old one.

Also i wanted to back up the iTunes library on the XP computer onto the same hard drive. Does anybody know whether using the inbuilt itunes 'backup library' feature will back up movies and all the album art lyrics etc. in their full state.

Relevancy 72.24%

So I bought this external 40 gig drive a while back and it turned out it was actually a pair of 20 gig drives. my itunes library has just reached the capacity of the device and it won't let me add anything else as long as i'm consolidating things onto the drive, which i would like to keep doing to save disk space on my actual PC. is there a way i can either merge the 2 drives or set itunes so that it splits the library between the drives? thanks!

A:Splitting Consolidated iTunes library over 2 external drives? (merging drives!?)

Don't know much about Itunes other than it's very restrictive about moving tunes. I've read a lot of good things about SharePod that sounds like you can do most anything you would want and still use itunes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/splitting-consolidated-itunes-library-over-2-external-drives-merging-drives-93716.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I am looking for the best way to make a digital libary.
As a DJ I have all my CD's in MP3 format and I can play what I want over my stereo With my laptop hooked up to it.
What I would like to do is put all My music 1000+ CD's and my movies 100+ DVD on a server and be able to watch or listen to what I want through my T.V.
Is this possible (anything is possible I know) is there a poor mans way and a rich mans way to do this?? (I'm kinda in the middle)

Relevancy 72.24%

Can anyone tell me WHY; in Windows Media Player10, why would the library modify tags on previously ripped albums, and give them information on stray mp3's that I am "finding album info" to get album art, composer, etc. etc.
Example: When info is found on a stray 70's song "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" ; info being: Have A Nice Decade: The 70's Pop Culture Box, Disc 3,
The @#*%!&#@ library changes the tag information on all the files in my Best of Warren Zevon folder.
Likewise, when finding Buck Owens info, his face ends up in my Marty Robbins folder.
Who is the dumbass here, The library or me?

A:Solved: No thinking in the library!

I've seen this question asked numerous times but I don't believe I've ever seen a difinative answer. I would suggest going into Tools>Options>Library. In there you will find a setting "Retrieve additional info from the Internet". This needs to be checkmarked if you want to use the database to get album art & such, but you could maybe tick on "Only add misssing info" & see if that makes a difference. Or, I know this would be a major pain, but uncheck the "Retrieve info from the Internet". Then you would have to recheck it when you actually do want to use it. I've fortunately have never had this problem, but I have looked around at different settings to try & find an answer for others & have never found a setting that would allow you to get info manually only.

By the way, Warren Zevon(Very Cool), Brandy(O.K.), Buck Owens & Marty Robbins!!!
Just Kidding!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-thinking-in-the-library.479484/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

I am doing some VB6 stuff and my code does not recognize RegExp as a human being. So my mystery question comes up yet again: Where do I find out what freakin' Reference Library RegExp exists so I can add the reference and RegExp can have a life? Also, is there an Object / Reference Where Used for basic objects that are not custom?? I tried Object Browser and either I have a brain cloud or it is as useless as an open bag of potato chips in the rain!

Thanks

Signed frustrated and confused!

A:Solved: RegExp, What Library?

Hi urwethe,

You may find the solution of your problem on the following link :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818802/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-regexp-what-library.539621/
Relevancy 72.24%

I surfed the net and found out that C (also java but please explain only in terms of C) needs runtime libraries... why does it need that ... why need libraries at runtime .. The expanded source code has all the function definitions used by the header and serves the functions included in the program ...... If at all it needs runtime library why there is no C Runtime library for linux and why only windows needs it ????

Relevancy 72.24%

I have a -disc DVD player that I want to replace First it s too small Second it doesn t load the disc info That s probably because connect TV? Solved: to DVD that Library will it s a Sony-I think they had this wonderful idea for placing cover images etc in the headers then patented it so nobody else could put it on their discs So I made a printed list of which discs are in which slots but discovered that it will only skip through the discs-you can t load a particular disc by entering the Solved: DVD Library that will connect to TV? slot number What I d like to replace it with is some sort of DVR-I know how to copy my DVDs to a hard drive so I can watch them on my computer while traveling without Solved: DVD Library that will connect to TV? carrying the physical discs with me but don t know how to connect a hard drive to my TV And a hard drive alone won t do it I could maybe connect a PC to the TV I know that others have but I don t want to dedicate a PC to that So what I m looking for is a DVR to which I can copy movies And that I can either connect to my LAN or upgrade the HDD as needed I ve estimated that I d need about TB to store all our DVDs on my LAN but I probably won t store them all-as I go through them I hope to weed out those we don t intend to watch over amp over Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

I have a large amount of music purchased from itunes in the aac format, and I have recently got a non-apple mp3 player. I need to convert my whole library to mp3, and i was told to do it by burning all my library to cd's and then ripping them back on to my computer, but in an mp3 format. I have nearly 2000 songs on itunes so this is going to take a huge amount of time. I was wondering if it is possible to burn the songs to a dvd-rw disc and then rip them to my computer as it would save me alot of time.

Also if there are others ways of converting the music??

Thanks you very much!!!

A:Solved: Converting aac library to mp3.

b34ver said:

i was told to do it by burning all my library to cd's and then ripping them back on to my computer, but in an mp3 format.Click to expand...

Yes, that's the only legal way to do it. You're allowed to burn the tracks to an Audio CD which you can then rip to Mp3.

But they must be Audio CD's so that means a max of 80 Min. running time and you can't use DVD's.

If you don't want to keep the CD's you can use a CD-RW and keep reusing it. But since CD-R's are pretty cheap, I'd keep them. Even if you don't use them they would be an extra backup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-converting-aac-library-to-mp3.844259/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello Before I outline my issue here is the required log first Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel library at won't but Wi-fi Solved: else everywhere ok connect Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD RV RV RV E S E E Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled Hi I ve recently run into a problem using wi-fi on my laptop Solved: Wi-fi won't connect at library but ok everywhere else at my local public library Solved: Wi-fi won't connect at library but ok everywhere else and wonder if anyone can help I didn t have any problem using wi-fi here a month ago and this has only started about in the last three weeks The strange thing is that wi-fi works at home and other public hotspots just not at the library I did the usual Windows troubleshoot wi-fi command connected and disconnected my machine disabled and re-enable the network card switched of my machine moved position asked the staff if they d been having any problems with the their router confirmed that there were other users using the wi-fi and none of this worked The only thing that s changed from before is that I ve started getting back into freebies and giveaway software and have installed some new stuff on my machine most notably some new security software ie AVG Internet Security Suite I ve tried disabling this thinking that maybe it was the firewall component blocking the connection but this didn t work I use the Comodo Dragon browser and am aware that it routes traffic via their own servers so I disabled this aspect of it again this made no difference I also tried using Firefox to connect again to no avail As I was in the Library at the time I grabbed hold of some books on networking and tried the various suggestions on troubleshooting wi-fi The suggestions included using the command line editor to issue various instructions eg ipconfig release renew flushdns and ping Running the Network Diagnostics Framework of which I didn t really understand I took screenshots of all the results which I can post if requested As an aside the network icon that shows in the task bar recently started behaving erratically ie it displayed not connected icon with a red cross through when it was I looked this up and deleted some redundant network connections which was one of the suggestions I found This changed the icon but didn t cure the problem However this seems to have sorted itself out now I have done a web search for similar problems but am getting nowhere Please help nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

I just upgraded to the new itunes version and now I can't find my library. I had it backed up on an external HD but it is gone. Help!

A:Solved: itunes library

I found it in back up history...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-library.749395/
Relevancy 72.24%

I turned on my computer today and this is what I saw had happened to my folders in my library: http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9620/58467680.png What happened to them? Please help ASAP. Also, I can't open them and when I delete them and then restore them they are still like that.

A:Solved: Library's Deleted

not sure about this,first can you save the files you have in your library,say to your desktop,can you "open with" any program.now go to your Library Folder and right click,there is an option to restore to previous versions,don't know what it will do,worth a try

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-librarys-deleted.897780/
Relevancy 72.24%

More fun with Window's products...
My computer restarts saying something about a NET program failure or something like that. I'm not even sure if this is related but it's out of the ordinary so I thought I'd mention it. When the computer reboots I run WMP. My library is gone! There are no songs at all. I go to my music folder under the add songs and it adds NONE. I drag the folders in the my music folder to the library through the toolbar and it says "working". It goes through each of my songs and when the green status bar gets all the way to the right it still doesn't add any songs. Any ideas?
Thanks, Tamarzan.

Relevancy 72.24%

I have my "pictures" folder on a separate disk drive and have set Libraries to include it. However, I still have Microsoft's My Pictures folder and can't get rid of it. As a result, many applications get confused and save files to the wrong folder or I loose files myself.

How can I modify the default Library to point ONLY to my chosen folder and not the defaults please?

Or alternatively, get rid of the MS default library system completely as I HATE being forced to be organised like this by MS when no alternative is offered that works!

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

I subscribe to napster. I recently got a new PC. When I used the restore function in napster to download all my music it has sorted some of the artists in to separate folders by that what I mean is I have 6 different folders for Delta Goodrem so if I want to play one of her albums I need to go in to each of the folders and add to the playlist. I've tried moving the files but napster doesn't let you. Can anyone help??!?!?!?!? Its driving me crazy

Thanks

A:Solved: Napster Library

I posted this question on the forums in Napster I've pasted the answer below.

"There's no real easy way to do it. In the options menu, you can choose weather to put tracks into subfolders by artist name. If you untick that then you can put the tracks into folders of your own."

hoopy_1888

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-napster-library.387947/
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm looking at a windows 7 laptop and trying to sort out the library feature - I don't have a copy of windows 7 so cannot emulate the issue

But on the library if you click on pictures or videos - it shows all the library's available

I know the library feature allows you to bring files and folders into one place - but by default I have not seen the library show all the livrarys, music, pictures, videos etc in each section

OR

i have not noticed before

So if i click on pictures - I see all the picture folders and the music folder and the videos folder

is this normal and can i just remove the library's - so photos just shows photos

Relevancy 71.38%

I am creating, first of all - an MDI parent. It will be the main window for everything I will be making.

I want to have all the modules in this main program to be .dlls so that its easier to auto-update or have the user add/remove modules.

--

So I started with a Windows Application - made my main window and all that (looks pretty by the way) - then I add a Class Library to the solution, add the reference, etc...

When I try and use a form (whether it be from the class in that CL or from the main windows application) it doesnt really recognize it as a form (i.e. there is now Show())...

I'll continue to play around and research until i figure it out... but i'm sure somebody here can easily write a small paragraph that'll tell me exactly what to do..

A:Solved: Forms within a Class Library (.dll) in VB.NET

in dll:
Shared Sub test(ByVal own As Object)
Dim a As New frmSurveys
a.Show(own)
End Sub

in main window:
SAICU.claSurveys.test(Me)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-forms-within-a-class-library-dll-in-vb-net.616490/
Relevancy 71.38%

I'm running Win. Media Player 9 and I just now, discovered that it's keeping a "Library" file of things I've played in the past. How can I clear ALL of these log files 'easily'? Is there a setting to stop media player from doing this in the future? I HATE 'junk' building up. Thanks Dave

Relevancy 71.38%

I have not long downloaded itunes and really like the look of it ....can I burn cd's from the library of music in it,like for instance 15 or so tracks? I know I can back up the library as a whole but what about normal cd's ? would appreciate any help you can give

A:Solved: Can I burn CD'S from itunes library

Yes, you can burn audio CDs of your iTunes music files ...

iTunes for Windows 7.0 Help: Creating your own audio CDs
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iTunesWin/7.0/en/540win.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-burn-cds-from-itunes-library.534771/
Relevancy 71.38%

everydayi get this runtime erro gt gt gt microft visual C runtime library Runtime error program C program error Solved: runtime library files adoktime iepkbdbe exe This app has Solved: runtime library error requested the runtime to terminate Also get pop up adds everytime i open a window quot search the web quot is the most frequent one and quot advertisements quot I switched my browser from google to yahoo ran spybot ad-aware and avg noluck Help Here s my HJT Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files InterVideo DVD Check DVDCheck exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C DOCUME RICKLA LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http google icq com search search frame php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http google icq com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www nascar com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - URLSearchHook ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namesp... Read more

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi all,
I have a problem with my VAIO laptop and need to restore it to factory setting. Could you suggest me an intelligent way to safe my musiks and podcasts etc... I tried by simply saving the itune folder and the time needed was 7 hours!! Tkx.

Relevancy 71.38%

Minor issue with WMP 10.

WMP was recently updated to ver. 11 by automatic update. I didn't like it (an understatement), so rolled it back to ver. 10 using Add/Remove and clicked Remove, whereupon it doesn't remove it, but rolls it back to the previous version.

Since then, I cannot sort the file names in the Library AND HAVE THEM STAY SORTED. I click on "Title" and they sort alphabetically in descending order. Exit WMP. Reopen WMP and they're back to the same random order they were before I sorted them. I can find nothing under Options or File or View about sorting. There must be a way to keep them sorted and I'm just not seeing it. Where can I do that?

A:Solved: Sorting Library files

DKTaber said:

Minor issue with WMP 10.

WMP was recently updated to ver. 11 by automatic update. I didn't like it (an understatement), so rolled it back to ver. 10 using Add/Remove and clicked Remove, whereupon it doesn't remove it, but rolls it back to the previous version.

Since then, I cannot sort the file names in the Library AND HAVE THEM STAY SORTED. I click on "Title" and they sort alphabetically in descending order. Exit WMP. Reopen WMP and they're back to the same random order they were before I sorted them. I can find nothing under Options or File or View about sorting. There must be a way to keep them sorted and I'm just not seeing it. Where can I do that?Click to expand...

Uninstall then reinstall WMP 10, if it won't let you uninstall, there should then be a repair option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sorting-library-files.531287/
Relevancy 71.38%

I just updated the version of iTunes per the promp from Apple, when all was fininsed my 17Gb of music library was reduces to >2Gbs of tunes. What gives? Is this retriveable? And how do I make I tunes find music on my system. It always makes me find and link the file because iTunes 'can't find it', If I find my library then can I import it in bulk or do I have to do it one song at a time? that will take days...sigh sorry for so many questions but Apples' lack of usability has left me quite jaded. From Ipods that don't work or sync (I've gone through three), to my iPhone that dosn't work, and now I've lost a quite healthy library of music. Thanks for anyones help!

A:Solved: updated iTunes and now my library is mostly gone! Can someone help??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-updated-itunes-and-now-my-library-is-mostly-gone-can-someone-help.811839/
Relevancy 71.38%

My father-in-law really loves MusicMatch Jukebox (ver 10.00.4033) on his old computer running Windows XP Home. He tried the latest Yahoo Jukebox replacement on his new notebook PC running Vista Home Premium. He really does not like the Yahoo software features (or the lack thereof).

I was able to help him install MusicMatch ver. 10.00.4033 on the the new notebook even though Vista raised a stink during installation about it being incompatible. Overcoming compatibility issues may be minor compared to his bigger problem. Is there any way to easily transfer the MusicMatch library database, default.mdb, and all linked music files to the new PC so that the links still work? Both computers are on a home LAN.

His MusicMatch library consists solely of several hundred ripped CDs scattered in a few different folders on the old PC's hard drive. He has had to manually enter track lists for many of them.

Relevancy 71.38%

Hello all, I have an hp probook 440 with windows 7 on it and I want to access the library from my other windows 8.1 laptop which is a hp also. I have music on it and do not want to have to burn a cd just to access the library content. how do I do this?Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Accessing Library from windows 8.1

If you place both computers on the same Homegroup, you should be able to define what to share and how
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/create-a-homegroup
Also it will make things easier if your profiles on both the computers have the same username and password

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accessing-library-from-windows-8-1.1145447/
Relevancy 71.38%

Not sure this is the correct forum but after searching this problem it seems to be a registry issue Problem when I attempt to start Illustrator CS windows xp I get this error message C++ won't Illustrator.exe Runtime run Library; Solved: quot Solved: C++ Runtime Library; Illustrator.exe won't run Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way quot Background about month ago I got help at this site for virus infection My computer was cleaned and I downloaded Spyware Blaster and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I run them twice a month after updating profiles The problem with Illustrator may have occurred after the help with virus removal but it s also possible I was able to use Illustrator right after that as well I tried deleting the aipref file but Illustrator still won t open Next I will try to uninstall and then reinstall the program but from my searching and reading of other people s experience I doubt this will solve the problem Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Solved: C++ Runtime Library; Illustrator.exe won't run

Uninstall it and then restart the PC.......then turn off all anti-Virus and protection programs before you re-install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-c-runtime-library-illustrator-exe-wont-run.809347/
Relevancy 71.38%

There is a help section that can be clicked on that gives contents and index in every piece of software on my computer. Is there a way to connect and synchronize all these help files into one master file that could be accessed from say the desk top? Maybe software that does this?

neos_1

Relevancy 71.38%

Very weird problem happened to me with itunes Last night I wanted to move a playlist from my ipod to my itunes I have a program called TuneAid that does such a library itunes all messed up...HELP!! Solved: thing I moved over a playlist with a hundred or so songs into my itunes library The move seemed to go OK but when I started to play songs in my itunes library I encountered a very strange problem there are now hundreds of songs that have the wrong information for them Solved: itunes library all messed up...HELP!! The song information title artist year album track number is still in tact but it is for the wrong song For example I clicked on a song by Solved: itunes library all messed up...HELP!! the Rolling Stones but what played was a song by the Beatles So I searched for the Beatles song that was playing and found it but when I played that a song by Billy Joel plays I spent an hour or so renaming files but I think there are still a couple hundred left What s strange is not all the songs in my library were messed up I have about songs but only a large handful were messed up The second thing is that it wasn t just the songs in the playlist that I transferred from my itunes that got messed up Songs that were not on my itunes now have the wrong metadata I tried to restore a previous itunes library but that didn t work All that did was put an exclamation point by the song where files could not be found This helps me identify the songs with the wrong path but I do not know what that song is now labeled Hope this description Is there any hope for me or do I have to rename all these files Is there anything I can do with the XML file or the itl files Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: itunes library all messed up...HELP!!

foxmag86 said:

The second thing is that it wasn't just the songs in the playlist that I transferred from my itunes that got messed up. Songs that were not on my itunes now have the wrong metadata.
Thanks!Click to expand...

Correction: The second thing is that it wasn't just the songs in the playlist that I transferred from my ipod that got messed up. Songs that were not on my ipod now have the wrong metadata in itunes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-library-all-messed-up-help.891158/
Relevancy 71.38%

Operating windows 7 on a dell laptop studio XPS
word files and documents are going into picture and music files
is there a way to fix and get the messed up files back where they belong?

A:Solved: miss filing in library

Your default save locations for your Libraries have been changed, this guide should help you arrange things how you would like them: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/2655...ibraries-to-something-else-like-your-dropbox/

If you open Windows Explorer and click on Libraries in the left pane, then right click on each Library in turn, select Properties and then click the Restore Defaults button that will correct the problem of the files being saved in the wrong Library.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-miss-filing-in-library.1113113/
Relevancy 71.38%

I m at a disadvantage here since I m not familiar with the Ipod program My daughter has an iPod shuffle She created a library on her hard drive and then transferred the music to her library shuffle iPod Solved: Shuffle A few weeks ago a built a new system that I was going to sell but ended up giving it to her I slaved the old hard drive into the new system until I could get all the Solved: iPod shuffle library info we needed off of it So when she plugs in her Shuffle we get a message that it is linked to a different library true the one on the old hard drive and do I want to replace what s on the Shuffle with what s in the new library I answer no since the new library is empty and I would guess it would wipe out what s on the Shuffle Since the old library is on the old hard drive I figure there has to be some way to transfer that music to the new library on the new hard drive Just can t figure out how to do it Please help nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

I m learning Visual C v student edition I have to create a library and I feel the book is missing a step The exercise is to create a library for time conversion secs to mins mins to hrs hrs to days I created the header file and the implementation file Should these belong in one project Should they be separate files Should it be a Static Library Header file Time h provides an interface for a library of time-related constants and functions double secsToMins double tempSecs double minsToHrs double tempMins double hrsToDays double tempHrs timeTest sln code include lt iostream gt include quot Time h quot using C++ library constructing a Help w/ Visual Solved: namespace std int main cout lt lt quot This Solved: Help w/ Visual C++ constructing a library program converts seconds to minutes n n quot cout lt lt quot Solved: Help w/ Visual C++ constructing a library Please enter a number in sconds quot double tempSecs cin gt gt tempSecs double tempMins secsToMins tempSecs cout lt lt quot n quot lt lt tempSecs lt lt quot seconds is equivalent to quot lt lt Solved: Help w/ Visual C++ constructing a library tempMins lt lt quot minute s n n quot Error message I get gt ------ Build started Project timeTest Configuration Debug Win ------ gt Linking gt MSVCRTD lib crtexew obj error LNK unresolved external symbol email protected referenced in function tmainCRTStartup gt C Documents and Settings xxxxx My Documents CS Labs timeTest Debug timeTest exe fatal error LNK unresolved externals gt Build log was saved at quot file c Documents and Settings xxxxx My Documents CS Labs timeTest timeTest Debug BuildLog htm quot gt timeTest - error s warning s Build succeeded failed up-to-date skipped Any help would be appreciated Please let me know if I need to give you any more information nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-w-visual-c-constructing-a-library.578175/
Relevancy 71.38%

I just found out about BookDB software for keeping track of a book collection (very good).
What I also need is a similar program for organizing, sorting, searching, etc... saved documents on my computer....something that would work similar to doing a google search but, offline and on my computer, where I could enter a search word and relevent files would come up on a list to open.
Book DB would be perfect, if, there were a way of saving a document for viewing (or, printing) along with the title, author, etc...

Is there such a thing available??
Can someone make one for me?

Thanks, Sandy

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi. I have a large collection of photos which are stored in my pictures library. I have found they also appear in my videos library. I am sure I have never copied them across. The 2 libraries seem to be identical.

Any ideas what might have happened ?

K

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401833-pictures-pictures-library-video-library.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I originally posted this thread under the Operating Systems Forum by mistake and have since realised that it s probably more appropriate in this General Security Forum I hope that s ok I recently had a windows security alert message and foolishly clicked on it which in turn downloaded the Alpha Antivirus program To get rid of this i downloaded and installed the Spyware Doctor which got rid of the Alpha program - however i not Solved: registered error library Script now keep getting a Script error message when i try to view images on certain websites through IE version - My OS is XP I ve Solved: Script error library not registered tried all usual things such as disabling the script debugging emptying the temp internet folder slow scroll tried restoring to previous working mode but still having this problem This is the error message that i keep getting An error has occurred in the script on this page Line Char Error Library not registered Code URL file C Documents and settings user Local settings Temp B BB D -A - B -A - C A F EC D MTWBtoolbar html Do you want to continue running scripts on this page Yes No And no matter what i choose the problem still remains and im unable to view images on websites that i previously could Any help appreciated Cheers nbsp

A:Solved: Script error library not registered

I've tried all options suggested in the trouble shooting guide from Microsoft. Disable script debugging, tested web page from another user acc, checked activex and java are not being blocked, removed all temp internet related files and browsing history, Installed latest service pack for IE7, turned off smooth scrolling and tried turning off hardware acceleration and I've run and fixed all problems with Malawarebytes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-script-error-library-not-registered.864608/
Relevancy 70.52%

Using longer no [SOLVED] Documents.library-ms" is Win and Office All of my libraries have become unusable When I click on the [SOLVED] Documents.library-ms" is no longer File Explorer icon in the Quick [SOLVED] Documents.library-ms" is no longer Launch Toolbar of the Desk Top I get four icons representing Library s Music Pictures and Videos When I click on LIBRARY I get error message LIBRARY library-ms quot is no longer working This library can be safely deleted from your computer Folders that have [SOLVED] Documents.library-ms" is no longer been included will not be affected I get a similar error message if i click on any of the others In addition my DOCUMENTS Library is missing I am able to view and recall items in Documents all of which are Word items by creating a new word document clicking on RECENT This gives me all of my documents How do I restore the ability to click on the File Explorer icon and then Documents to see and use all my Word documents and files I asked this question previously and received a solution from JIMSCREECHY He suggested that I navigate to C users my computer ID any library and right-clicking the libraries icon and selecting new then navigating to the location of your choice music for example where you want to reinstate the library When I right click on Library or any other item I do not have a NEW option If I highlight Library and right click in the field I am given the NEW option Clicking on it creates a new Library Similarly doing the same to PICTURES VIDEOS or MUSIC also creates a NEW LIBRARY Today I did a system restore to a point before this all happened and it did no good Everything is still not working As you can see I need some help please Thanks eddie

A:[SOLVED] Documents.library-ms" is no longer

Click on File Explorer Icon, the Libraries window opens, Right click Libraries on the Left side and choose Restore Default Libraries.
If that doesn't work, Your profile may be corrupted.
Try creating a new user with Admin rights, log out of the current user profile and login as the new user. Fix a corrupted user profile - Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-documents-library-ms-and-quot-is-no-longer-876161.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all I'm new to begging for help with my computer on web forums so please forgive me if I make a muck of it I'll start from the beginning I noticed a few days ago that Explorer wouldn't do anything for me Typing in the address bar produced some message which I don't recall and no action and I couldn't put any text in my google home page No big problem until I needed to open a page which wouldn't work in Firefox and the explorer tab was out of service So I tried to find a solution online Either at this point or after my next action I installed Explorer which from what I've been able to figure out has something 22 library [SOLVED] catch link dynamic to do with my present difficulties Someone somewhere said to disable or enable something in user accounts but clicking on user accounts resulted in absolutely nothing - nothing opened no message nothing So I tried to find a solution online I went to http support microsoft com kb and followed these instructions To resolve this behavior use the regsvr command to register the dll files To do this follow these steps Click Start click Run type cmd and then click OK At the command prompt type the following commands press ENTER after each command and then click OK when a message says that the registration is successful Regsvr jscript dll Regsvr nusrmgr cpl Regsvr i mshtml dll Regsvr themeui dll Regsvr Vbscript dll Make sure that you can open the User Accounts item in Control [SOLVED] dynamic link library catch 22 Panel Now while thank the powers that be I am able to use Firefox Wordperfect and KMPlayer I am unable to do several things If I try to use Help and Support or System Restore or Explorer I get ordinal could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil dll Also if I download something new to try to resolve the problem I am unable to install the executable I get this C etc etc etc program exe is not a valid Win application This is where the catch comes in Some people seem to have fixed similar problems by installing Explorer Beta but I can't do that Help Puleeze you geniuses saints and miracle workers

A:[SOLVED] dynamic link library catch 22

Please try this workaround (you will need your Windows? XP SP2 CD or an integrated SP3 CD if SP3 is installed).

(In the event that you do not have a Windows? XP CD with SP2,(or SP3) you will need to 'borrow' one from a friend or colleague, as the manufacturer's "Recovery Discs" will not work in this instance.)

Insert the Windows? XP CD in your drive. (Hold down the Shift Key to prevent it from starting.)

Go start > Run ...in the box type in sfc /scannow …please take note of the space between the sfc and the /.

This is the System File Checker...it will scan all the Windows? core system files to ensure that they are in their respective correct places, and if not replace them from the CD.

During the scan you may be asked to Insert the CD, if this happens just go retry and let it do its thing.

One important point: While sfc is running, it is not advisable to do any other work, or have any browsers/programs running on the computer, until the scan is complete. (This process will generally take around 45-65 minutes to complete).

This might help, I'm not entirely sure. Give it a shot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-dynamic-link-library-catch-22-a-288116.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Running Win 8.1, IE 11. A few days ago, when using IE, the program stops and a popup appears:
"Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library"
"C:\program files (x86) internet explorer\iexplore.exe
File: c:\Program Files (x86) Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0|VC\include\xstring
Line 930
Expression: Invalid Null Pointer
For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see documentation on asserts"

Press Retry to Debug the Application
(below are 3 boxes)

Abort Retry Ignore

None of the selections accomplish anything.

(Remember Abort, Retry, Fail? This is just as useless) HA HA

The only way I found around this was to use download and use Firefox (I need a browser that uses Java). It works OK but seems terribly slow compared to IE.

Relevancy 70.52%

How do I add options to Library and Folder Toolbars? I have done this in the past but just can't find where I found out how to do it. I imagine I am not using the correct wordage to the search.

I want to add Labels such as Delete, Open, Share With, Print things like this. Many Folders have these options already along with many more. I would like to be able to add them at will for Folders I am using.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
KAHSR

A:[SOLVED] How do I add options to Library and Folder Toolbars?

Do you want to add Delete, Open and Print, etc. to this area?

Maybe this will help: Change folder options

Edit: Too late, jenae's got the right link.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-how-do-i-add-options-to-library-and-folder-toolbars-800850.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi this happened about a week ago after running the most recent Windows updates and after running Access Cannot Library-MS Problem Libraries [SOLVED] Avira System Speed Up not sure which one was the issue I think it was the latter [SOLVED] Cannot Access Libraries Library-MS Problem My Documents Music Pictures and Videos folder all have been replaced with xxxxx library-ms names I have tried looking on the internet and deleting the libraries then right clicking Libraries and clicking Restore default libraries but [SOLVED] Cannot Access Libraries Library-MS Problem that does not work Also I have tried restoring what was quot cleaned up quot from the Avira System Speed Up I saw a SOLVED posting for the same issue but it was for Windows but I'm not sure if it would help my issue or make it worse It seems like I have some missing registry info the only reason i noticed that i had this issue is because the Photos App wasn't working that is what i really need fixed If anyone can provide any or suggestions please do

A:[SOLVED] Cannot Access Libraries Library-MS Problem

We do not suggest using any Registry Cleaners/Optimizers or Speed Up tools, this type of software usually causes more problems then they solve.
First try a System Restore to a time before you ran Avira. If that fails, Look at Avira's software and see if there is an Undo option. If that fails,
Go to Search and type CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-cannot-access-libraries-library-ms-problem-948154.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a WinXP Pro SP computer and I want to use the Restart icon which has a green background on Finding the Restart that contains DLL the icon Solved: library a square with white lines emanating from the circumference of an implied circular center - i e there is no circle in Solved: Finding the DLL library that contains the Restart icon white at the center just the radiating white lines Typically you can look at the icon by Start- gt Turn Off Computer which gives you a window display in the center of your screen with the options for Standby Turn Off or Restart in left-to-right order with the corresponding icons Both the Standby and Turn Off icons are in the Windows Shell Common DLL i e C Windows system shell dll but the Restart icon is not even though it is displayed as per the procedure in the previous paragraph Note While looking at the icons from the Properties of my current icon which serves for a Restart shortcut I want to get the Restart icon for the Restart shortcut it appears that there are about spaces where an icon could fit among the rows of icons displayed - i e in the shell dll How can I find in what dll library the Restart icon is located Is there a way to scan dlls that would find a particular icon like the Restart icon I have TweakUI and know that there is a feature to rebuild icons - however since the Restart icon is displayed where it should be I just what to find in what dll library the ico file for it is located in order to be able to use it for my Restart shortcut -- Tom nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I am trying to share a folder of pictures with my wife who has a std user acct on our home computer. I have copied it from a CD to My Pictures and I see the folder in my pictures library. I've clicked on that icon and I've clicked Share With and I've clicked on homegroup (read) and I've manually entered her user name. The folder in my library shows "shared" at the bottom of the screen.

But when she logs on, that folder does not appear anywhere in her pictures library and unless she has access to my user acct she can't see the pictures.

What am I doing wrong?

A:Solved: why cant i share pictures in my library with my wife

The Share With option is for sharing with - another computer - not an account on the same computer.

For her to see the pictures, copy or move the picturea to the Public Pictures folder in C:\User\Public\Public Pictures where both of you can see them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-cant-i-share-pictures-in-my-library-with-my-wife.968843/
Relevancy 70.52%

I was reading the other threads with this same problem So as advised I am posting my question in a new thread Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library Assertion failed Program C Program Solved: Library Runtime Microsoft C++ Visual Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe File lists cpp Line Expressions p bodykwref end I m helping my father with this problem and here is his hijack This scan I know it s crazy long I m sorry It s times longer than mine He seems to have a lot of crap Solved: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library on his system Lots of stuff looks suspicious to me but I m not sure Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exe C PROGRA MI F GAMECO Common SWTrayV exe C Program Files Hello Hello exe C Documents and Settings Hunt My Documents Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C PROGRA NETASS SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exe C PROGRA TEXTBR Bin INSTAN EXE C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTBDaemon exe C Program Files Generic USB Card Reader Driver v c Disk Monitor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Client sunasDTServ exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Client sunasServ exe C PROGRA Maxtor OneTouch Utils OneTouch exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS RetroExpress exe C WINDOWS MXOALDR EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRshutA exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperWorkstation DKService exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON GHOSTS EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c progra intern iexplore exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Google deskbar- ggviewer exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp psc series Bin hpobrt exe C Program Files NetAssistant bin mpbtn exe C PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS system hpoipm exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopOE exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Nova Development Scrapbook Factory Deluxe scrapbk exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www jxgvmndypljnyb com M bTsv mC ORs QKtj D p vaaWbHI T V JPLDXqyqGKubr ZVlr TR GVXX html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www uqufbygpyvdlzjibppfmwrcye co... Read more

Relevancy 70.52%

That's the error I get when trying to install a program called "SubtitleCreator." The whole thing is:

".NET runtime library 2.0 or newer is required. You have ."

Thing is, I seem to already have it. Looking under "Add or Remove Programs", I see the following:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extend

What do I do to get past this error? I've gotten SubtitleCreator working on this computer before, although it was on a different hard drive.

A:[SOLVED] .NET runtime library 2.0 or newer is required

What Service Pack level of XP are you running? That can make a difference.

BIGBEARJEDI

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-net-runtime-library-2-0-or-newer-is-required-752905.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Every time my Windows 7 boots up I have this pop-up.
"Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library" heading
"This application as requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for information."
I close everything out before shutting down or doing a restart.

I just click it off and everything seems to work fine. This is a home computer and the only support team it has is "me", and I don't know what to do with it. What is going on ? Can anyone enlighten me?

Relevancy 70.52%

When I restart my computer I lose library registration and am unable to view flash and png content Web Losing registration on Solved: restart library pages load with error stating that quot library not registered quot I can restore my system to previous settings set system restore point when working correctly and everything works fine but if I shut down and restart I have the same problem I have run spybot S amp D ms malicious software removal tool and avast virus scan and nothing wrong shows up I am running Vista Solved: Losing library registration on restart Home Premium on HP dv laptop Anybody have similar problems or have some advice Edited On a whim I downloaded Firefox- flash and png show without a problem on firefox Now I am not sure if Solved: Losing library registration on restart this is a vista registry problem or an IE problem Any suggestions other than the obvious- just run firefox and sh t can the IE Edit It is not just IE that bad things are happening to MS Access is also being affected After restart an unknown error prevents access databases from being loaded nbsp

A:Solved: Losing library registration on restart

Problem apparently solved. Uninstalled several programs- all of which had to do with flash site/feature building. At least one of them seems to have not played well with others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-losing-library-registration-on-restart.563191/