Windows Support Forum

New wireless card for HP Pavilion

Q: New wireless card for HP Pavilion

I have a hp pavilion dv6000 laptop and I need a new wireless card as my laptop won't connect to wireless networks (except the one in my university ) . I have 2 questions
1) what kind of card do I need to buy to replace what I have
2) can I replace my wireless card by myself?
thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New wireless card for HP Pavilion

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New wireless card for HP Pavilion

you shouldn't need a card if you get connectivity to at least 1 network.
You have an encryption issue. You should be able to connect to open networks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-wireless-card-for-hp-pavilion.140371/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am looking for a wireless card that can utilize the 5.0 ghz band on my router.  Looking at the whitelisted card options, I don't see any that are 5.0 ghz.  Does that mean I one doesn't exist that will work in my laptop?  Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-dv7-6c95dx-5-0-ghz-wireless-card/td-p/5698808
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello guys, I need help configuring my wireless internet on my Desktop PC.

I have went through control panel and network settings, unable to find out how to connect to my wired/wireless router. I am wired right now but need wireless for other purposes. I think i am in need of some drivers, but I can not find them anywhere, I have a custom version of XP installed and I think it might be the problem because at the HP website the drivers are for Vista.

Does anyone have a clue whats wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-m7790e-wireless-card-problem.904815/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, Is there a dual band wireless adapter I can put in my Pavilion dv6 (product # A3E86AAR#ABA)? The current adapter installed (Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter) doesn't work very good and is not compatible with 5 GHz. If there is one available how do I make sure I buy the correct/compatible model/part number? Thanks,Brad

A:Is there a dual band wireless card I can put in my Pavilion ...

Hi, Your machine was built before mid 2014 therefore the chance to upgrade fifi card is very, very, very, very slim to none. If you wish, please try USB - Wifi  ac adapter/dongle. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Is-there-a-dual-band-wireless-card-I-can-put-in-my-Pavilion/td-p/5762232
Relevancy 59.77%

For some reason Windows does not find any adapters on my computer I have heard that Netgear does not support Windows yet Aren't vista drivers supposed to work on Windows anyway I have a WPN adapter so I'm using Driver Card M9350F on pavilion Ralink for LAN HP Wireless a built in pci-e Ralink for my adapter that came with my comp I downloaded the most recent driver for it off of HP's site but when I install it on Windows it comes out saying that my system does not meet the miniumum requirements System Spcs Mainboard PEGATRON CORPORATION VIOLA Chipset nVidia nForce a Processor AMD Phenom X MHz Physical Memory MB Video Card NVIDIA Geforce GT Hard Disk NVIDIA GB DVD-Rom Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH L SCSI CdRom Device DVD-Rom Drive SJWJ QNGTMVKHIV SCSI CdRom Driver for Ralink Wireless LAN Card on HP pavilion M9350F Device Monitor Type SONY SDM-HS P - inches Network Card Nvidia Corp Nvidia Corp Network Card Ralink Technology Corp Ralink Technology Corp Operating System Windows TM Vista Home Premium Home Edition Service Pack DirectX Version Windows Performance Index These specs are fine I can play cyrsis on high so I know it must be an OS capability probelem Any ideas on how to fix this or should I wait until it has a driver for Windows p s Im using x if that helps

A:Driver for Ralink Wireless LAN Card on HP pavilion M9350F

anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/2384-driver-ralink-wireless-lan-card-hp-pavilion-m9350f.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all! I have a Pavilion g6-2305sl notebook bought about three years ago, which came with a RaLink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n Wireless adapter. I would like to upgrade to an ac wireless adapter, for example Intel ac7260, but i can't find the whitelisted devices list for my notebook anywhere. Any help? Thank you.  

A:pavilion g6-2305sl whitelisted devices for wireless card

Hi: The approved list of wireless adapters can be found in chapter 3, page 24 of the service manual for your notebook. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03593041 Your model series was the last of those made by HP. It is remotely possible that there is no BIOS whitelist in your notebook, but I can't say for sure. If you have any HMC form factor wireless card laying around, or you can take one from another notebook, you can check it in your notebook, and if you don't get an unsupported wireless card BIOS halt on boot error, you can safely assume you can install an Intel 7260 dual band N or AC card in your notebook, since it has an Intel 3rd gen processor and series 7 chipset.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pavilion-g6-2305sl-whitelisted-devices-for-wireless-card/td-p/5722099
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a HP Pavilion dv2000 Laptop running Windows Vista and have owned since 2007 but it has been working fairly well with problem here and there that i could fix. But recently I have been browsing the internet and in the like 20 minutes after browsing the web the switch for the wireless connection goes orange (usually happens when you turn the switch off) but the switch has not been turned to the off position at that time and the connection where it says currently connected to it say limited connectivity. Does anyone have any ideas what this problem could be.

A side note* is that recently my subscription to Webroot Antivirus with Spy Sweeper has expired and not active but i don't know why it would affect my wireless connection.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there nbsp HP Support Assistant ran a BIOS update this morning and ever since I installed the update the wifi capability of my Pavilion dm sa running Windows fine since November has been compromised nbsp button not dm4 working Wireless wireless Pavilion & Basically the wifi button stopped working and windows can't find Wireless & wireless button not working Pavilion dm4 any Wireless & wireless button not working Pavilion dm4 wireless device built in nbsp I have updated all relevant drivers including the supposed HP 'fix' for the F button but now the F wifi button toggles Airplane Mode on and off only nbsp I can't turn the wirless device on through PC Settings as the little toggle icon there is greyed out so won't allow me to do anything with it I have gone into BIOS settings and set them all to default but still the same issue nbsp Can anyone advise on a solution - I am due to travel for work on Monday so it would be great to get this fixed otherwise i take I will be taking a laptop away alongside an ethernet cable Is this simply a bad driver issue that HP will sort quickly

A:Wireless & wireless button not working Pavilion dm4

Hello! Just had the same problem and I seem to have found a solution. I turned off the laptop, removed the battery and unplugged the power. I then pressed the power button for 30 seconds and the put the battery back in and plugged in the power.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-amp-wireless-button-not-working-Pavilion-dm4/td-p/2528379
Relevancy 45.58%

To upgrade your wireless card or wireless card in my laptop HP G6pavilion g series g6microsoft windoww 10  32-bit

A:To upgrade your wireless card or wireless card in my laptop ...

Need specific model number, please. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/To-upgrade-your-wireless-card-or-wireless-card-in-my-laptop/td-p/5844639
Relevancy 44.29%

My Hp Pavilion DV9000 has worked great for the last two years. Sunday night I was using the built in wireless internet and then I went through the normal shutdown procedures. I turned it on Monday morning and now my wireless indicator light stays amber and it says I do not have a wireless card adapter installed and configured. I went to hp.com and downloaded the driver and I talked with an hp tech online about it and then unplugged the laptop, took out the battery, and reseated the wireless card and antennas. It still will not work and says that the isn't a card installed or configured. Reading on the internet I have learned that this is actually a huge problem with the DV9000 and DV6000 and the only advice I have read is to either buy a new motherboard or buy a new adapter all together.Anyone else have any advice?

Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Pavilion dm4 1063 CL that is having wireless trouble. The hard drive failed and I had to replace the Hard drive. I reinstalled W7 Home premium and noticed that there was no wireless device listed under the device manager. There is a wireless key at the top right of the keyboard and an orange light. I think that light is suppose to be blue. I tried to install a wireless driver, but that did not work. What should I try next. Thanks

A:HP Pavilion Dm4 wireless not working

I reinstalled W7 Home premium and noticed that there was no wireless device listed under the device managerApparently something is missing.What type of disk did you use to reinstall Windows?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362639/hp-pavilion-dm4-wireless-not-working/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I am unable to turn on my wireless capability on my HP Pavilion dv3 1124.

I have a wireless network that is working within the house, problem seems to be simply turning the "orange to blue"....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Relevancy 43.86%

Ok here is the problem I ve had this computer for about - months it has Windows Vista installed The machine is with HP problem a wireless Having Pavilion an HP Pavilion dv laptop It has a built-in wireless adapter that when I turn from quot left to right quot would change from quot blue to red quot respectively So I would know the wireless card was working Having a problem with HP Pavilion wireless Yesterday my wife bought a Dlink WBR- wireless router and suddenly the thing stops working I set up the router which I believe I ve done correctly but I can only get a Having a problem with HP Pavilion wireless connection Having a problem with HP Pavilion wireless if I physically connect the network cable from the router to the laptop or directly into the modem For the life of me I cannot figure out what the problem is It quot appears quot to me that there is something wrong with the network adapter I can only find one in device manager cannot seem to find the wireless at all and my HP assistant doesn t open anytime I double click I even tried to download the new HP wireless asst drivers and still no luck I have no idea what else could be the issue but I have had more issues with this PC over the past months than I think I ve had with any other In addition to that my CD-Rom drive cannot get its drivers updated and that doesn t even work The laptop came with vista and they didn t give me a disk so I can t even format it which would hopefully solve the problem Maybe I dunno but any help is surely very very appreciated Thanks very much Edit I forgot to mention that the light NEVER turns blue anymore no matter if the router is on off connected not-connected etc Doesn t matter what happens always the same result Just wanted to add that in helps to say why I think its the PC and not the router In addition more edits I noticed people with similar problems asking for ipconfig all so I figured I should do the same C Users admin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name admin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ed shawcable net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ed shawcable net Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -D - -C -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ceb b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October- - PM Lease Expires October- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ed shawcable net Description isatap ed shawcable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a e fa f ff b Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe e fa f ff b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users admin gt nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion DV6000 for about two years now. Everything has been working great on it until this afternoon. I flashed it up per normal and noticed the wireless light did not switch to blue and that the bottom right taskbar showed no internet connection is available.

After checking the modem and router, which are good, still no luck. I restored the laptop to a previous date and still no go. Did find out that it appears that no driver is detected but that makes no sense as it was there yeaterday.

Help! Anybody?

A:HP Pavilion Wireless Problem

did you check the wireless switch to make sure it's on the ON poistion?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-wireless-problem.809795/
Relevancy 43.43%

my HP Pavilion 12-b000 x2 Detachable PC will read and use my sd card for storage, but it will "push" the sd card off and stop reading it, but only after I stop using the laptop for a while

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-pavilion-x2-is-reading-my-sd-card/td-p/5632637
Relevancy 43.43%

Few questions here if I may.  Old computer died and on tight budget.  Considering the one I have listed below due to features and cost.   1.  I called HP and they state GE Force 730 will work on it as will Radeon RS 730.  Any preference on those 2? 2.  Can we add an ethernet card?  I ask because on last computer that actually went out on the motherboard so we had to add one. 3.  Overall do think the 489.99 is a good price for this? 4.  We do play games some online games on the computer as well as use it for routine home use.  Does this have enough power to do that? TY in advance for all your help.  My family and I appreciate it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-add-a-network-card-to-the-HP-Pavilion-550-130/td-p/5608412
Relevancy 43.43%

I've got used HP Pavilion 6475Z. The hard drive was formatted. So there was no operation system. Of course a master CD didn't come with the computer. So I installed Windows 98 SE. But the windows got no driver for the network card. I looked in the device manager to see what kind of network card was installed. But no lack. Is anyone know how to find out what kind of network card is installed?

A:Network card in HP Pavilion

There's a few thing you can do to determine who made the card - one is open the computer up and look at the network card for a manufacture and model number.

The next thing is get Everest Home Edition: http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1&subpage=5
And look under Devices - Physical Devices for it. It might be listed as Network, LAN or Ethernet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-in-hp-pavilion.247892/
Relevancy 43.43%

my HP Pavilion 12-b000 x2 Detachable PC will read and use my sd card for storage, but it will "push" the sd card off and stop reading it, but only after I stop using the laptop for a while

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-pavilion-x2-is-reading-my-sd-card/td-p/5632634
Relevancy 43.43%

I reinstalled Windows vista from a CD and the wireless drivers were not installed so I tried to install them and it looked like the installation was going on, but after I restarted the drivers were not installed. It shows up in programs and features.

A:HP pavilion wireless drivers won't install

Hi: There can be more than one model wlan card HP could have installed in your notebook. Please post the hardware ID for the device you see listed in the device manager as a Network Controller, so I can figure out what model wireless card your notebook came with. To find the hardware ID, click on the Network Controller device in the device manager. Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list, and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-pavilion-wireless-drivers-won-t-install/td-p/5762040
Relevancy 43.43%

I can't connect to my wireless router and I believe this PC came with a built in wireless adapter, however I can't find it on my computer now. I think I need to Reinstall it but how can I do that when I can't connect to internet due to no connection

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-to-reinstall-wireless-driver-to-my-HP-Pavilion-23-All-in/td-p/5654080
Relevancy 43.43%

I've searched the forums and tried the help and support topics on my laptop with no luck I would GREATLY appreciate any help HP Pavilion Windows XP Browser Mozilla Firefox latest version Network Adapter Broadcom b g WLAN NOTE No changes have been made to my hardware since purchase Yesterday my laptop decided to quit connecting wirelessly to the internet I can still connect via the ethernet cord in the modem but when I booted it up yesterday a bubble popped up on the Quicklaunch bar stating that the WLAN is disconnected Clicking on it brings up the HP Wireless Assistant window It displays the Wireless LAN status as quot Disabled quot I did the Pavilion Hp Lan Wireless On Stopped Functioning following Tried clicking quot repair this connection Wireless Lan On Hp Pavilion Stopped Functioning quot After trying it displayed quot unable to connect to the network quot Well duh Went into Device Manager and checked the Network Adapter It shows as quot Enabled quot From here I'm lost Is there another way to manage the wireless program that I'm not finding Thanks ahead for any input

A:Wireless Lan On Hp Pavilion Stopped Functioning

Which HP Pavillion do you have?

I use vista, but with the wireless assistant, make sure to check that the "status" is "on". Seems like a stupid answer, but is often overlooked.

Another thing that is easy to miss is the light (blue for on) that lets you know if you are connected. This is an easy one to miss. The first thing I do is to either unplug my router for about 20 mins or so, or just pressing the reset button. My router must have 4 blue lights showing.

When in doubt - un-plug. Reboot. Plug-in.

I hope that this may have helped you in some way.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103159/wireless-lan-on-hp-pavilion-stopped-functioning/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,I bought Hp Pavillon V4P33EA,it came with windows home, but I was format and setup windows 64bit Enterprise.I was download hp drivers from hp site..wireless driver setup correctly. but although very fast in the wireless home version (1 mbs per sec), extremely slow in the enterprise version..(100 Kb or under per sec)I was look device manager..Broadcom 802.11n network adapter.. I saw "This device is working properly."I installed several different driver... but still very slow...What could be the problem? or whick driver would you advertise to me...or Where can I find the FULL driver package file?thanks  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-V4P33EA-Wireless-Problem/td-p/5757224
Relevancy 43.43%

GreetingsI've seem to lost all ability to connect to or even find a wireless signal nbsp Normally after I log on the wireless indicator light on the F key goes Issues G7 on Laptop Pavilion Wireless a from orange off to white on but for some reason its staying orange At this time I get a message saying wireless hardware cannot be detected nbsp If I hit the F button to turn on the wireless signal I get a HP box that says wireless is turned off The wireless devices on your computer are turned off To turn on the wireless devices press the wireless button I do this and the message goes away but the wireless indicator light is still orange and I m getting no signal nbsp It doesn t appear that my wireless router is the problem as I can t detect any signal from my neighbors or when I take my laptop to work as I did before this issue popped up I ve ran my HP Support Assistant and Troubleshoot Network and Internet Connectivity HP network Check but it doesn t find any type of wireless device The wired connection still works nbsp My machine is running Windows Home Premium Thanks Craig nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Wireless Issues on a Pavilion G7 Laptop

please reinstall your wireless driver in recovery manager window.  START> type RECOVERY in the search field> select RECOVERY MANAGER in the search list> under "I need immediate help" in the recovery manager window, please click on DRIVERS and APPLICATION REINSTALL > and Select your WLAN wireless driver in the list and hit INSTALL at the bottom right corner of the recovery manager window please let me know if that works.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-Issues-on-a-Pavilion-G7-Laptop/td-p/1446843
Relevancy 43.43%

I took my computer to Geek squad and before they took it they suggested udpating certain drivers and do f to put my computer back to factory settings So I have done the following and still nothing F factory reset Reinstalled the driver and software listed below Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista - Version M NVIDIA Wireless working 2225nr not hp dv pavilion nForce Chipset Network Drivers - A- M BIOSDateVersionPreviousSize WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS for Notebooks with AMD Processors - Microsoft Windows Vista-Based - F - M When I pull up device manager I don t see any network cards even as an option It s almost like the internal card does not exist If I try an external wireless card it works fine The lan line works fine hp pavilion dv 2225nr Wireless not working as well It s just the internal The hp pavilion dv 2225nr Wireless not working guy at geek squad said it was to send away for weeks and they would probably just replace the wireless card if none of these things would work What do you suggest Also is replacing the wireless card easy cheap and easy to find online nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

my model number is G6S68UA and my wireless button will not show on the screen beside airplane mode nor is it picking up wireless. I have read other forums and some say to press wireless button on keyboard but there is not one. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-to-turn-on-wireless-on-my-hp-pavilion-14-v062us/td-p/5645691
Relevancy 43.43%

I am runninbg Linux-mint 17 but I cannot find any way to turn on my wifi on my Pavilion TS 17-g199gr laptop. I can connect via a hardwired lan but no wireless.  I cannot find any key that is used to enable/disable the wireless card.   When I run diagnostices it doesn't show a wireless board.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-TS-17-g199gr-wireless-switch/td-p/5767642
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone, I wonder if you can help. My wireless adaptor appears to be missing. My laptop is HP Pavilion g6-1325sa and the bars for wireless access have disappeared and i can now only connect via the ethernet lead. I cant see the wireless adaptor anywhere.

I have carried out a factory reset and this did not resolve the problem.

Can anybody help? Thank you!

A:HP Pavilion g6 - wireless adaptor is missing

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. What happens when you press F12 ? .. Does the light stay at Orange ? .. Do you get an error message ? .. Have you tried Downloading the Drivers for the Wireless Adaptor ? .. There are two on the HP website i would try both of them ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319077-hp-pavilion-g6-wireless-adaptor-missing.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I Hp laptop DV9010. I had to use the restore disks that came with it and had this wierd program FBI GUI running in the background and the computer would restart time and time again... I disabled the "restart on system failure" to no avail. I restored the computer 3 more times with the same results. So after 3 hours chatting online with a tech obviously using a script to answer my questions they sent me another set of restore disks and... the same thing happens. So now I have installed XP Pro and I cannot get the webcam to work and my built in wireless internet will not work. If someone could please give me the links to the correct drivers to make these two items work, I would be soooo grateful. I am S I C K of looking at HP's website! Many Thanks!

A:HP Pavilion DV9010 Wireless & WebCam

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3253950&lang=en

Here is a link to drivers for your model of Pavilion. Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv9010-wireless-webcam.75941/
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm three weeks into owning my HP Pavilion DV and am loving it nbsp The - Keeps HP Disabling Pavilion DV7 Self Wireless Networking one thing I'm really NOT loving however is Wireless Networking Keeps Disabling Self - HP Pavilion DV7 the fact that recently within the past week something happens to randomly disable the wirless networking nbsp I was able to google the problem on my phone and the solution seems to be to uninstall and reinstall the drivers in Device Manager nbsp I've had to do this about times in the past days nbsp Whatever the problem is it seems to happen both on a full shutdown and when the laptop goes to sleep nbsp To describe the problem nbsp When the computer starts up or wakes up the wirless internet indicator turns amber nbsp When I press the button a popup tells me I've just turned it OFF meaning it was turned on when it was amber nbsp Pressing the button again seems to do nothing but I'm assuming some software assumes I turned it ON because pressing it once more give me the message saying I turned it off again nbsp Troubleshooting the Network connection tells me the wireless LAN is turned off nbsp To fix it I go into the device manager right-click on 'Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N ' and select 'uninstall' which also drops a lot of other things off my list nbsp I then 'scan for hardware changes' and it automatically reinstalls and everything is happy again nbsp I don't know if this helps but here's what's all listed underneath my Network adapters in Device Manager in order nbsp --Intel R Centrino R Wireless Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport AdapterMicrosoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller-- nbsp I have made no hardware changes to my laptop - it's stock from the store nbsp I've installed a couple of games from GOG COM and AVG Virusprotection nbsp I've uninstalled Norton and a few more of the bogware programs that HP had installed - and that's all the changes I've made to the laptop nbsp Anyone who has a more permenant solution to keep my wireless up I would greatly appreciate the help nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Wireless Networking Keeps Disabling Self - HP Pavilion DV7

Hi: Did you try the latest driver from Inte to see if that fixes the issue? You didn't say what OS you are running.  I will assume W7 64 bit. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21045&ProdId=3312&lang=eng&OSVersion=... The driver only is the top download.  That is the one you need if you are letting Windows manage your wireless connection. Paul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-Networking-Keeps-Disabling-Self-HP-Pavilion-DV7/td-p/1342539
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey I own a HP Pavilion dv AMD My problem is that my wireless had suddenly stopped working This had occured about weeks ago and I have tried to fix it since then and there is no luck I am planning to get Geek Squad to try to fix my problem but I thought I would ask around on different forums first My wireless indicator Left Off Orange and Right On Blue Now when I flick it right it stays Orange Therefore I do not receive any wireless signals I had checked the drivers on Device Manager and HP my wireless Pavilion Problem dv2000 with it is not there SOMETIMES when I scan for Problem with my HP Pavilion dv2000 wireless Hardware Changes I pick up my WLAN card which is a Broadcom b g WLAN But it shows a Yellow Triangle Exclamation mark next to it as well I scan for Updates and it say mine is up to date Whenever I restart my computer it would be ORANGE Problem with my HP Pavilion dv2000 wireless again RARELY Problem with my HP Pavilion dv2000 wireless whenever I turn my computer on out of hibernate it would work The switch would be BLUE Whenever it is placed into hibernate or off then is turned on again it will be ORANGE again Therefore not working MY ATTEMPTS OF FINDING THE SOLUTION Scanned for viruses Re-installing the drivers needed It would ask to reboot and after its done rebooting it still does not work Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Problem with my HP Pavilion dv2000 wireless

Welcome to TSG!!!
Go to device manager, click on the network card, select properties, remove.
Immediately reboot the computer and let Windows find and reinstall the card.
This should take care of the problem.
Before you go to the "geek Squad' post back and let us know how this works. If it doesn't there are probably some other things we can suggest and save you the $$$$$
good luck
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-my-hp-pavilion-dv2000-wireless.832423/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I m new here I have been working on PC s for about years now and have experience in Windows ME XP and now a little bit of Vista I look forward to helping any all that I can The problem that I am having is HP Wireless Toggle ZE5730 Pavilion with my HP Pavilion ZE us Notebook I had to reinstall Windows XP Home on it and I am now plagued with a NON-functioning wireless toggle on the front and the blue light stays lit all the time The wireless function seems to work fine HP Pavilion ZE5730 Wireless Toggle I have installed all drivers and have also installed the HP One Touch application as directed by a HP Tech to no avail The mute button works fine and all other aspects of the laptop work fine other than the Wireless Toggle Switch and the Blue Wireless Status light All worked fine before I HP Pavilion ZE5730 Wireless Toggle reinstalled XP Home with a HP Pavilion ZE5730 Wireless Toggle retail install disk I know I am just missing something here Anyone care to help Thanks nbsp

A:HP Pavilion ZE5730 Wireless Toggle

it seems as though there is a piece of software missing that allows the toggle & the light to detect the state of the wireless card..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-ze5730-wireless-toggle.642338/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi nbsp I need to find the correct wireless driver for my nbsp HP Pavilion Notebook PC Windows bit nbsp nbsp Hardware ID for Network Controller nbsp PCI VEN E amp DEV for Pavilion PC Driver HP Notebook my Wireless 17 amp SUBSYS C amp REV PCI VEN E amp DEV amp SUBSYS CPCI VEN E amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN E amp DEV amp CC nbsp Hardware ID Wireless Driver for my HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC for PCI DevicePCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS E C amp REV PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS E CPCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC FF PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC FF nbsp Hardware ID for PCI Simple Communitcations ControllerPCI VEN amp DEV C A amp SUBSYS E C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV C A amp SUBSYS E CPCI VEN amp DEV C A amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV C A amp CC nbsp All the above are present in my other devices category in device manager I'm not exactly sure which one is responsible for Wireless nbsp Any help regarding this is much appreciated Solved View Solution

A:Wireless Driver for my HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC

Hi: You can try these drivers but if they don't work, you will need to connect via ethernet cable, do the required updates to W8 and then get the free upgrade to W8.1 from the Windows Store. Network Controller: Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69737.exe PCI Device: Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the link below...first driver listed. http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false PCI Simple Communitcations Controller: This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67047.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-Driver-for-my-HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-PC/td-p/5693422
Relevancy 43.43%

My problem is as follows I have a HP Pavilion dv us with Broadcom on Wireless dv9730us problem Pavilion AG a b g draft-n wireless card and Windows Vista installed The wireless seemed to work at first but after a day I started to have problems with connecting to my wireless network at home It looks like this I m sitting with my laptop in my room upstairs while the router is downstairs The system says there are wireless networks Wireless problem on Pavilion dv9730us available Ok I click Connect to a network and I see my home network with an excellent signal strength Great I click on the network then Connect It thinks for a while and fails to connect When I tell it to diagnose the problem it says the system didn t receive any response from the router or access point It isn t a problem with the router though because right next to me is my old laptop and it Wireless problem on Pavilion dv9730us has no Wireless problem on Pavilion dv9730us problems connecting to the network It isn t also a problem with interference because the same things happen when the second laptop is turned off It seems to be some kind of problem with range though When I took my computer downstairs to the room where the router is it is usually able to connect I say usually because not always - sometimes the same issue appears but restarting WLAN Autoconfig service helps Recently I also found out that disabling IPv might help so I tried this and the situation is a little bit better but still far from perfect It is able to connect while I m in the router s room and when I leave it it stays connected most of the time but disconnects randomly for periods varying from few seconds to few hours So here is what I tried to fix this problem in close-to-chronological order -Turning the card off and on -Reinstalling drivers -Installing some older drivers helped for about a day -Reinstalling the system -Restoring the computer to the factory state -Switching channels on the router -Changing security settings on the router -Disabling IPv Current situation It works almost perfectly in the room where the router is and way worse anywhere else Do you think it can be fixed by changing some settings in the system or does it look to you like a hardware problem I will greatly appreciate any help nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I really need some help. I have had this problem a couple times, and each time I had to restart my entire computer and reinstall everything before I could connect again. The computer has no problem connecting with a cable, but it says it can't find Wi-Fi. I would really love to avoid restarting and restoring the computer for a fifth time if I could. I don't know the specifics of the computer, I think it might be a 14z Touch...

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Can't find a wireless network with my HP Pavilion

Hi ImpossiblyOswin, Here is an HP support document Troubleshooting Wireless Networks and Internet with a number of troubleshooting steps to try including the built in Windows troubleshooter. That information you provided was what I was looking for. When you mention reinstall in your first post what are you reinstalling?Thank you,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-find-a-wireless-network-with-my-HP-Pavilion/td-p/4208370
Relevancy 43.43%

HiAll Wireless connections are disabled an I can not enable them because the activate Button is grayWhere ist this central Wireless Key  on my Notebook??? 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:I can not find the wireless key (Button) on my hp pavilion d...

Hi: Please see the link to the user's guide for your notebook. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01856579.pdf Look at the diagram on page 5 for the location of your wireless button, labeled as item #9 on page 6. Paul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-can-not-find-the-wireless-key-Button-on-my-hp-pavilion-dv7/td-p/1263655
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi. I have a new HP Pavilion. It is driving me to distraction. For no reason whatsoever it loses wireless connection with a oranage ! triangle on the signal bar. It then says, LIMITED or no connection in the connection box. The wireless is working as all other devices connect fine. The only fix is to restart then it works for a bit and drops connection shortly thereafter! It runs woindows 10. Heeeellllppp!!

A:Why does my HP Pavilion keep losing connection to wireless

Hi JHEAT, Which model do you have?  Did it come with Windows 10 preinstalled? During the times when it is connected, try this: Downloading and installing the latest wireless LAN adapter driver can resolve common issues with the wireless Internet connection. Follow these steps to use Device Manager to find the latest WLAN driver:In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.Double-click Network adapters, right-click the name of the Wireless Adapter, then select Update Driver Software.Figure : Update Driver SoftwareClick Search automatically for updated driver software.Figure : Search automatically for updated driver softwareIf an updated driver is found, follow the instructions to install it.If the updated driver fails to solve the problem, proceed to the following troubleshooting step.More here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Why-does-my-HP-Pavilion-keep-losing-connection-to-wireless/td-p/5624153
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, I am happy with this forum, i think i'll find answer to my question. I have PAVILION 17-g119dx with 7 64bit , I want upgrade my Wireless card, I need Wireless Plus Bluetooth, if can help me anybody to choose the right card. Thank you

A:HP PAVILION 17-g119dx Wireless UPGRADE !!!

Hi, Please use one of the following parts: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter (non vPRO)   784644-005Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter     792609-005Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 Combo Adapter    792608-005Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter for Windows 10    806723-005You need an HP dealer to do this for you because this may effect warranty of your machine. If you wish to do yourself, please use information on the following manual (from page 40):      http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04825537.pdf Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-PAVILION-17-g119dx-Wireless-UPGRADE/td-p/5702390
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi  I can't find drivers for win 7 - Pavilion 15-p115ne I tried This  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Missing-drivers-for-HP-Pavilion-15-p11... but the links didn't work for me  Thanks

A:Wireless driver for Win 7- HP Pavilion 15-p115ne

Hi, Please try: Broadcom 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver and Utilityhttp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66403.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Wireless-driver-for-Win-7-HP-Pavilion-15-p115ne/td-p/5689345
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I wish to replace my internal 54 mb mini pci wireless card with a faster 108 mb one, however when I asked hp support what specs I need, they claimed I cannot, I can only use a faster external adapter type. Anyone one know if theres a way around this? Will my bios not support another card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switch-mini-pci-card-in-pavilion.477978/
Relevancy 43%

my laptop can't run league well after the most recent update and I think not having a dedicated graphics card is the problem, i looked at my computer panel system description and it says im running the Quad-Core A10-5750M and have 8GB DDR3 SDRAM so i definitely should be able to run league  but it gets waaay too hot and the proccesor and ram start getting waaay too high in usage percentage.  so am i able to add a graphics card or something to it? thanks!

A:can I put in a graphics card onto my HP Pavilion 15-e084ca N...

Hi, Unfortunately no, you can't put any graphics card to your machine. The AMD Radeon HD 8650G graphics comes with the processor. The following link shows specs of your machine:      http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03803147 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/can-I-put-in-a-graphics-card-onto-my-HP-Pavilion-15-e084ca/td-p/5752304
Relevancy 43%

I have HP Pavilion M9515Y bought "off the shelf" with integrated graphics. Seems the cooling doesn't work now. After the system is up for about 20 minutes, I can hear the fans start to surge, then the monitor shuts off.

I'm hoping a semi-cheap video add in card with roughly the same or a bit better performance would bypass the issue. The only card I've added to the system is an SIIG USB 3.0 card

I have an old CRT monitor that I share between 2 PCs using a kvma switch. So if the card has an SVGA connector that would be even better.

Anyone have any candidate cards?

edit: Never mind. Seems this is a dedicated video card. I'll just R&R with a cheapie.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/298151-hp-pavilion-m9515y-video-card.html
Relevancy 43%

So I have an HP Pavilion g - dx Notebook with Windows I'm an avid gamer and wish to play the newest games However there's it to g7-107... of change a pavilion card possible is video the one problem thats keeping me from doing so Alot of the newer games require newer video graphics cards This particular laptop has an ATI Mobility Radeon HD The newest games seem to require ATI Radeon HD and above This is the only thing thats keeping me from playing games like Starcraft II on the highest settings OR in the case of Star Wars The Old Republic it almost keeps me from playing the game period due to the graphics being too much for my current is it possible to change the video card of a pavilion g7-107... card to handle causing massive lag I was hoping I could change the video card Upgrade However i've heard that with most laptops or notebooks you can't upgrade anything other than the RAM I'm hoping anyone on here can help me out and tell me nbsp if it is possible to get a new video card for my laptop We don't have a desktop computer so this laptop is my only hope for a long time to play newer PC games

A:is it possible to change the video card of a pavilion g7-107...

Alright, let me put this in a simpler message: Does anyone know if it is possible to change the video card currently in my laptop, the HP Pavilion g7-1075dx, for a newer and better one. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 to ATI Radeon HD 4850 or higher.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-it-possible-to-change-the-video-card-of-a-pavilion-g7/td-p/1128067
Relevancy 43%

Hello,

I have had this computer for 3 years now and the internet card has started to give me problems. It will randomly go to limited connectivity mostly when I am just browsing the internet and most of that time when I am either downloading something or streaming on youtube. The catch is that it will sometimes fix it self, but most times I have to restart my computer. It almost seems as if it can't handle the activity and is turning it self off.

Thanks!

Relevancy 43%

I need to add a graphics card to a 7 year old p6213w.  I'm ignorant in this area.  Is it possible on this old computer?  Do I need to be concerned with monitor compatability?  It has DVI, HDMI and VGA ports.  Can I buy any graphics card?  Is desktop mode or OS an issue?  I have seen cards for $29 at Walmart to $700 at HP.  What's the difference?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Need-to-add-graphics-card-to-Pavilion-p6213w/td-p/5754552
Relevancy 43%

I wonder what type of memory card I can insert to the memory card slot on the display.  Once inserted, can I use it as an external drive (e.g. drive d? 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Pavilion X2 10-n030ca memory card

Hi @midorik?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n030ca and concerns with the Memory card type. Your Notebook supports a Micro SD Card Reader as shown on page 1 of your Manual. Yes you could use it as an external hard drive.Please let me know how this goes.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-X2-10-n030ca-memory-card/td-p/5322870
Relevancy 43%

I upgraded to windows 7 ultimate on my HP Pavilion a1110n, but I can't enable the aero, can someone tell me which graphics card I need?

A:Video card for HP Pavilion a1110n

alexmolinavr6 welcome to the Seven Forums.

The reason you can't enable Aero is due to the age of the onboard graphics (Intel 845G) is that it physically doesn't have the necessary hardware support for Aero. Now for the full specs on that HP of yours,

HP Pavilion a1110n Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion a1110n Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

and the motherboard in it,

Motherboard Specifications, P4GV-LA (Guppy) HP Pavilion a1110n Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

It only has PCI slots which severely limits what can go in it. Personally I wold live without Aero for now until you get a new computer that is fully Windows 7 compatible, but if you have to have Aero I wouldn't go for anything more or less than one of these (more costs to much and less doesn't have the support),

Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P1-N400-LR GeForce 6200 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Video Card

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/163568-video-card-hp-pavilion-a1110n.html
Relevancy 43%

I have been researching how to upgrade the network card on this laptop.  The dx5 manual shows in its list of approved wireless cards that with an intel system I need a Broadcom 4322 802.11a/b/g/n card.  I looked up this card at several sites and they all say they are for compacs or elite books.  Will this card be ok for my dv5 or is there another option?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/network-card-upgrade-for-pavilion-dv5/td-p/5846117
Relevancy 43%

My husband's older computer is an HP Pavilion xt938. He is having problems that we have been told are caused by the video card. When we looked on the HP web site, it says that the video card is "Integrated into Motherboard, no AGP slot". Does this mean the video card can't be upgraded?

Thanks
Peg

Relevancy 43%

Hello, I've wanted to upgrade my PC's GFX card for a very long time and just learned that it IS in fact possible to upgrade, but if the card is too powerful I will need to upgrade everything else as well. I have never attempted upgrading a PC before, but My dv6 has a GeForce GT 320M GPU card and I would like to upgrade because I want to play games without having a large amount of lag. Is it possible for me to upgrade to a higher GPU without having to replace everything else inside of my computer?And which of these Cards would I be able to upgrade to?(again I am very new to this): http://www.geforce.com/hardware Thank you for listening

A:HP Pavilion Dv6 Graphics Card Upgrade help

Hate to burst your bubble but no it is not possible to upgrade. Not sure where you got that information. The video chip in the laptop is soldered to the motherboard. There is no place to put a video "card". I also don't think there is a dv6 with a GT 320M or that such is a "thing". 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-Dv6-Graphics-Card-Upgrade-help/td-p/5674986
Relevancy 43%

I've worked hours on this and have been waiting months for a fix, anyone have any luck wirh alternate drivers? I need this laptop for external monitor. I've tried every option suggested and still NFG! Come on HP! Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A:Still no fix for the HP Pavilion with HD 5000 video card?!

Hey Cheezomlet, I assume you need drivers for Windows 10 and probably know by now that there are no Windows 10 drivers available for that chipset.   I really think you should consider going back to a previous OS if you need the discrete GPU. -wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Still-no-fix-for-the-HP-Pavilion-with-HD-5000-video-card/td-p/5625763
Relevancy 43%

I was wondering if there was anyway to boost the graphics on my computer. Could i get a newer, or faster one installed? any external ones? Here are the specs. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.39 GHzInstalled memory(RAM): 8.00 GBSystem type: 64-bit Operating System, x64- based processor1TB hardrive

A:External Graphic Card Possible on Pavilion

Thesdamos, welcome to the forum. When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/External-Graphic-Card-Possible-on-Pavilion/td-p/5599777
Relevancy 43%

I have an HP Pavilion 550-a114 and I was wondering if it would be at all possible to upgrade the graphics card to something a tad more powerful. The current graphics card is an AMD Radeon R5, and I was hoping to upgrade to a Radeon R7 360 (http://goo.gl/Av269q).Would this be possible, or is there even a way to upgrade with my model?  

A:Can I upgrade my HP Pavilion's graphics card?

Can you verify that this is your actual unit?  Have you looked inside? According to HP, it's has an external 65W power supply, similiar to a laptop brick.  The motherboard is a Mini -ITX, with  1 PCI Express half-length mini card socket (like a laptop). The CPU is soldered onto the board, and the Integrated graphics: AMD Radeon R5 Series is embedded into the chip.  This motherboard does not have a PCIE slot on any type, and a PCIEx16 is required for the R7 card.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-HP-Pavilion-s-graphics-card/td-p/5702475
Relevancy 43%

Hello very good day my question is if my pc is compatible with this card EVGA GTX 750 Ti  SCI want to make sure before making the purchase PC Intel Core i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHzFoxconnModel 2ADAchipset Ivy BridgePCI Express x16 SlotRAM 8.00GB DDR3 @ 798MHzIntel HD Graphics IntegratedWindows 10 Home 64-bit

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Hp pavilion 500-023w can run this EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC card (c...

Mark, welcome to the forum. Yes, I believe that your motherboard should be compatible with the video card.  The card requires UEFI in the motherboard and your motherboard should have it.  Just be aware that the specifications for the card state that it only requires a power supply unit (PSU) with 300W.  Many members have reported that it is more like 400W.  You can try it with the current PSU, but if it doesn't work I suggest one made by Corsair.  I recommend at least 500W. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-pavilion-500-023w-can-run-this-EVGA-GTX-750-Ti-SC-card/td-p/5603217
Relevancy 43%

I have tried everything but physically taking apart the computer and I can't remove it. When I right-click the drive in my computer it never says eject. What do I do?

A:How do I remove an SD card from an HP Pavilion dv7z?

have you tried pushing in on it?that's how most sd cards work.  push in to put in, then push in to get it out.make sure you safely remove it using the icon in the lower right hand corner first.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-remove-an-SD-card-from-an-HP-Pavilion-dv7z/td-p/55688
Relevancy 43%

can you please tell me if it is possible to upgrade my graphics card for gaming as my present one is very jerky at times. Thanks in advance.   os.Windows 10 Home 64-bit microprocessor  AMD A10-4655M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphicssystem memory  8GBmemory slot 1  8GB Hynix 1600MHzsystem board  808B 90.41system bios  F.43  graphics device 1  AMD Radeon HD 7620Gcurrent resolution  1360 x 768refresh rate  60version  15.201.1101.0 (06/08/2015)graphics memory  4,206 MBaero status  Enabled 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Can I upgrade my graphics card on my hp pavilion 15

No. Unfortunately, it is not upgradeable. The graphics is provided as an on-chip solution in the AMD Quad-Core A10-4655M APU. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-I-upgrade-my-graphics-card-on-my-hp-pavilion-15/td-p/5601294
Relevancy 43%

I am trying to install an AMD Firepro W600 video card.  I have gone into bios and disable both of the video options.  Installed the card in the PCIe slot and rebot.  But the only video I get is throught the onboard DVI.  Nothing through the AMD card.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/New-video-card-in-HP-Pavilion-P7-1257-CB/td-p/5652510
Relevancy 43%

Have this comp but it was time to upgrade the video card. I figured the i7 was good enough for average gaming and had an old nvidia 650 (I believe) and the comp ran great. But I recently purchased a gtx 970 and a new power supply and computer won't get past the motherboard log in screen ... Switching the old card back in everything works fine and I'm getting a bit flustered about the whole thing... Any ideas?Ps I also tryed my sons nvidia 750 ti and it still won't go past the motherboard load in screen

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Hp pavilion h8-1020 and a new graphics card

@Scottperkins?, welcome to the forum. The problem that you are experiencing is caused by the fact that the GTX 970 requires UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard/Legacy BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  The BIOS can't be upgraded to UEFI.  The last cards not to require UEFI were the GTX 660/670's. The GTX 750Ti requires UEFI, also. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-pavilion-h8-1020-and-a-new-graphics-card/td-p/5710595
Relevancy 43%

I have a a n HP Pavilion OEM until last month I upgraded the video card to If I can remember correctly an nVidia card I Video Card Pavilion Problem!!! was experiencing random reboots so I went out and replaced the power supply from Pavilion Video Card Problem!!! a W to a W It still kept rebooting I returned the nVidia card and now have an ATI Radeon same problem keeps rebooting I updated to the lastest Intel Chipset and upgraded to the lastest and only update for the BIOS I turned off the automatic restart option in Windows so I now get the blue screen of death When the computer restarts and I send the error report MS cannot determine the dirrect cause of the problem but recomends it may be a driver issue The big problem now is I downgraded to an old PCI video card to make sure it is not the mg Video card Same issues Anyone know does it sound like I need a new motherboard I cannot think of anything else but I would hate to replace the board and find out its not the problem cause I have to order it from HP I have dissconnected everything I can from the board and it still crashes ie CD drives Card readers Floppy Also thought it may be an overheating issue so I installed a rd fan in the case CPU runs under a full load under deg and the case doesn t get above degrees I used Everest Home edition to get the temps Voltages also look good Specs HP a n Motherboard ASUS P SD-LS Pentium ghz k ram Please help if you have experienced this problem I am going nuts nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pavilion-video-card-problem.302807/
Relevancy 43%

My parents bought this computer for me last year from Circuit City for At first I was like quot YES I can finally play good games on this computer We were surprised by how quot good quot it was and the price compared to that Well last year my definition of good games had to do with low to on new GFX card Hp a my a6700f Pavilion Upgrading graphics Now that I'm older and games have gotten better I need a new graphics card Now that Black Friday is coming up I have a great chance at low prices I need a new PSU Power Processing Unit to accommodate the greater power I need for a new card What PSU should I get Then I need the card itself which needs to be able to fit into the right port in the computer What is a good but not too expensive graphics card Some more help I could Upgrading to a new GFX card on my Hp Pavilion a6700f use is knowing what ports for video cards does an a f have PCI PCI express AGP and or etc Another thing could be a picture of the internals in the tower I want to know what I will see before I open up the cover Somebody please help I need to find out all these things fast before Black Friday sneaks up on me Thanks

A:Upgrading to a new GFX card on my Hp Pavilion a6700f

You first need to determine if your motherboard supports PCIe, AGP or PCI.

Use this picture to figure that out.

Once you have gone that far, what is your budget?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/260653-upgrading-new-gfx-card-my-hp-pavilion-a6700f.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a Pavilion dv6-6185la runing windows 7 it says that it has switchable graphics cards, does anyone know if I can upgrade to a more powerfull graphic card on this computer?

A:Pavilion dv6-6185la graphics Card

Hello, @danielkenobi Welcome to the HP Forums.Unfortunately, you cannot upgrade the graphics in that notebook. The GPU is part of the system board. For that notebook you have the highest GPU available in the Radeon HD 6770M.Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Pavilion-dv6-6185la-graphics-Card/td-p/4630490
Relevancy 43%

Please suggest a graphics card for me. I have the integrated AMD Radion R7 that came with the motherboard when I purchased the desktop a couple of years ago. Max resolution appears to be 1600x1200.  I want to upgrade my monitors (two) and the graphics card to better support my Adobe Lightfoot work.  I do not and never will do any gaming.  The desktop's power supply is 300W. I'd like to keep the card price under $100. I have not picked out monitors so I don't know what my target resolution will be, but 1600x1200 is too low. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-card-upgrade-for-Pavilion-500-314/td-p/5767432
Relevancy 43%

Are there any constraints on the type of SD card i can use in the above laptop notebook ?With thanks in anticipation,Steve.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-pavilion-p5p69ea-sd-card-type/td-p/5797753
Relevancy 43%

i want to purchase this laptop for school and fifa 15 gaming and i need to know what the graphics card is 

A:what graphics card does my HP Pavilion 15-au020wm 15.6" Man...

The Specs page states no dedicated graphics card- has onboard Intel HD 520:http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862158/model/11830116/docume...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/what-graphics-card-does-my-HP-Pavilion-15-au020wm-15-6-quot/td-p/5852312
Relevancy 43%

Hi, i have a HP pavilion p6-2010 desktop and i want a new videocard so i can play some of the 'newer' games. For example,  gtx 1060. Does it work on my pc? I heard that motherboard doesn't work with another cards. Please help.  

A:New video card on hp pavilion p6-2010

@E_One?, welcome to the forum. The model is missing some letters, such as, uk, kr, ix, etc.  I need them to review the specs of the computer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/New-video-card-on-hp-pavilion-p6-2010/td-p/5809289
Relevancy 43%

Hi I want to replace my wireless mini card for my HP Pavilion dv6-2106ea. Looking for a mordern faster card that supports 2.4ghz and 5ghz at the same time. 1) I am new at this so please just tell me which cards I can use, they have to be better than my current one and must support 2.4+5 ghz 2) I have looked into this a bit, pelase tell me if this card is compatible and better. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-WiFi-Wireless-512AN_MMW-802-11a/dp/B00K83BAWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=... 3) If there are better compatible cards out there please link them to me or give me full name and where I can buy them from. to save anyone some time here is  manualhttp://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01860375 Thanks for the help    

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 43%

Hi FriendI have tryied to connect 32Gb SD card to my SD card Slot but its not showing as a drive ( D ),if any software/driver update for that. Thank youIsuru

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-x2-12-b020nr-SD-Card-not-Detected/td-p/5642635
Relevancy 43%

My dad just bought a new wireless router and out of our computers mine is having a problem My computer is a Dell Vostro with a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card I am able to connect to the connection but not stay online I am not sure in what intervals I am being disconnected but it is super frustrating haha It seems my 1390 Issues Wireless Mini-Card- Wireless Connection WLAN Dell connection status is stuck on Authenticating I hope someone can help me I am quite unfamiliar with troubleshooting networking outside of Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues the simplest tasks Thank you in advance for any help Also I read an old post about someone else with a very similar problem and someone had said quot Start Run CMD OK to open a command prompt Type the following command IPCONFIG ALLRight click in the command window and choose Select All then hit Enter Paste the results in a message here quot So trying to maybe help find a solution sooner here are my results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt ipconfig Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sherry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd nj comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd nj comcast net Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - D- -B - C- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -A - -B C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt nbsp

A:Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues

Hi:Is this ipconfig /all at failure time ?
Try two things.
Go to the router makers site and download any more current firmware for your model.
Change the wireless channel being used.1/6/11 are US preferred.
Also:
1. Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.from your pc maker’s web site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card-wireless-connection-issues.895391/
Relevancy 43%

Hello!

I've got Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Every now and then I get this strange message after turning my laptop on:

HTML Code:
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.102.15.61
Application Timestamp: 45f8a9d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 000761b7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=...
The odd thing is that my internet is still working well.
What do you think is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

follow the instructions on this Dell support page:

bcmwltry.exe error, pls help - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214091-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 43%

I've got a wireless ADSL router with 4 ethernet ports. I've a desktop using XP and connected via ethernet and a laptop running windows 98 connected using a wireless PC Card. I can connect to the internet from both machines but can't get them to see each other.

Laptop says it can't browse the network. I tried the network setup wizard in XP and created a disk when prompted. Tried disk in 98 and rebooted when prompted. On startup, wizard said it couldn't find network card and couldn't continue.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

A:Wireless ADSL router, XP Home connected via cable, Win 98 via wireless card - HELP!!!

Checklist for networking Windows Machines with TCP/IP
-----------------------------------------------------
- PCs which are not XP must have TCP/IP installed.
- Each PC must have a unique computer name.
- Each PC must have a network share defined.
- ALL NICS must be on the same subnet (e.g. IP 192.168.0.* subnet mask 255.255.255.0).
- XP PCs must have Netbios over TCP/IP enabled (only essential for XP to talk to W9X PCs).
- MS Client and file & printer sharing must be enabled on each machine.
- All NICs must have their node type = anything except p-node (peer to peer, or point-point).
* To check, open a command prompt and type IPCONFIG /ALL.
- XP's ICF firewall is permanently disabled. (Only necessary for pre XP SP2).
- All 3rd party firewalls are disabled, uninstalled and deleted (until connection is working).
- PCs have the same workgroup (helps, but not essential for XP/2K, necessary for 9X/ME).

Allow 15 mins after rebooting a PC for that PC to appear in the workgroup, or
for it to see all other PCs. Or you can search for the PC by its computer name.
Additional things to check if you still have problems:
-----------------------------------------------------
- Check your Services are Started on all PCs: Workstation, Server, TCP/IP Netbios helper, Computer Browser.
- XP gives access to its shares via the Net Guest Account. (Note, not the same as the local guest account in user accounts which should be off). Net Guest Account is enabled by default in XP, but to check it, open a command prompt and type: NET USER GUEST
Should return a line with 'Account active yes'.
Check XP Security policies:
--------------------------
- Access this computer from the network: add guest
- Deny logon locally: remove guest
- Network access:Sharing and security model... -> Guest only
- Deny access to this computer from the network-> check Guest is not here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adsl-router-xp-home-connected-via-cable-win-98-via-wireless-card-help.461470/
Relevancy 43%

Hello HP Forum's people. Recently I upgraded my download speed to 40mb/s and got a new router: D-LINK DSL-6850U dual-band (2.4ghz and 5ghz). When i did a speed test , i only got around 20mb/s. I was told that my wireless card did not compatible for the 5ghz band. My Question is what card is compatible to my laptop and to the 5ghz band. My card that i want to replace: Ralink RT3290LE. Hope i will get an answer. Thanks Everyone!

A:Compatible Wireless Modules For HP Pavilion G6-2360sj

@Aviv1? Sorry but your manual does not show a Dual Band WiFi card. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03593041 But you could purchase a USB Dual Band WiFI. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Linksys-Wireless-AC580-Dual-Band-Wi-Fi-USB-Adapter-Manufacturer-Refurbished-... REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Compatible-Wireless-Modules-For-HP-Pavilion-G6-2360sj/td-p/5595720
Relevancy 43%

I have a Intel Wireless-N 7260 and i want to know if i can install it on my Pavilion 14 v009la, it haves an AMD A10-5745MPlease help    

A:hp Pavilion 14 v009la compatibility with Intel Wireless-N 72...

Hi: Most of the time, an Intel wireless card won't work in a notebook with an amd processor and chipset. You can try it as long as your notebook has two antenna leads to connect to the card. The worse that can happen is it won't work. If you want a dual band wireless N card with bluetooth for your notebook that will work (as long as you have 2 antenna leads), then use the Broadcom dual band card. Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 22 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter for use on all computer models  HP Part # 730668-001   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-Pavilion-14-v009la-compatibility-with-Intel-Wireless-N/td-p/5660559
Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys Got given a HP Pavilion DV from a friend who said it was busted i ve replaced the harddrive and ram and have got it working Last night i installed a lite version of XP with sp built in It installed perfectly in under minutes However i cannot get the wireless to work I downloaded and dv4000 on XPLite (wireless issues) Pavilion SP3 installed the drivers from the HP website and this allowed me to turn the wireless on and i get the little bubble in the bottom left corner saying there are wireless networks in range however if i click the balloon and it searches for wireless it cannot find any even though the router is right next to it After about a hour of playing around trying to get it working i downloaded another driver pack from the HP XPLite SP3 on Pavilion dv4000 (wireless issues) website and this included a wireless application i think it was HP Wireless assistant but i can confirm that later today With the application running i can find wireless connections but the actual wiress adapter still cannot find any When using the software to connect to the wireless it allows me to enter the wpa key and the windows connection says its a bridge network but it never makes it passed authencation Obviously the drivers are still wrong Can anyone point me in the right direction Cheers Nick nbsp

A:XPLite SP3 on Pavilion dv4000 (wireless issues)

nickt1988 said:

When using the software to connect to the wireless it allows me to enter the wpa key and the windows connection says its a bridge network but it never makes it passed authencation.Click to expand...

Some wireless configuration application disables the windows built-in wireless configuration manager so as not to cause any conflicts. Using the HP wireless assistant you can successfully connect to the network? Windows built-in cant?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xplite-sp3-on-pavilion-dv4000-wireless-issues.176228/
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I purchased a 64bit:Windows 8.1 Pavilion 15 notebook a few months ago.Product number:J5B65EA#ABU The laptop is only a few months old, all of a sudden i cannot connect wirelessly to the internet, when i check the device manager there is no wifi adapter listed in the settings. I tried downloading different adapters from HP website using the product number but none have worked or show up on the device manager. the ultility managers say that all adapters are upto date and if you use the network connection help, it states to conect using a cable. I am at a loss at what to do to fix it. Thanks,KJ

A:HP Pavilion 15 Notebook: NO wireless adapter listed!

Hey @Kj1234 ,Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand you're experiencing issues with connectivity on your Pavilion 15 notebook, and the adapter is not listed in Device Manager. A lot of the time when a device is not listed Windows doesn't have a driver for the hardware or the hardware has failed. The problem with this is, without the device listed in Device Manager it's hard to tell what driver to install. Open up Device Manager and click View at the top and select Show hidden devices. Look for a field called Other devices. Expand it and see if ther's any Unknown devices. If there is, do the following:Right click the deviceSelect PropertiesGo to the Details tabChange the drop down menu to Hardware IdsProvide me with the first ID in the listOnce I have this ID I should be able to find you the correct driver. Thanks. I look forward to your reply!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-NO-wireless-adapter-listed/td-p/4800625
Relevancy 43%

Hi there,  I have no previously experienced any issue with this laptop and its wifi connectivity, however, after starting the laptop the wifi button did not turn blue as it usually does on start up. It did not turn blue afer pressing it either, and my wireless drivers are up to date currently.  Does anyone have any solutions to this issue? I would very much appreciate the help.  Please let me know if you need any more details.  Phoebe.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-DV6-Wireless-button-will-not-turn-blue/td-p/5637903
Relevancy 43%

I just reloaded win7 32-bit on a new HDD on this machine, the LAN drriver installed but none of the 4 wireless drivers listed on their site installs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g7-Notebook-PC-series/5048677/model/5099528#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1

I went to PCI Database and searched for the correct Network Controller driver [Vendor 10EC and Device 8176 which led me to this here:

https://www.atheros.cz/getfile.php

I removed the three x64 files from the win7-l1c-2.1.0.21-whql folder on the desktop and pointed to it but it is saying "driver not found", help please?

A:HP Pavilion g7 wireless network driver problem

Vendor 10EC is Realtek. PCIdatabase.com came up with

RTL8188CE
Chip Description: Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572417/hp-pavilion-g7-wireless-network-driver-problem/
Relevancy 43%

nbsp Im at a lose I got home checked the internet for a restaurant WiFi was functioning perfectly normal I get back with dinner hop on Notebook HP problem g6-2249wm Pavilion wireless PC laptop No wireless options after a windows update To the best of my moderate computer knowledge I cannot figure out what happened and how to fix it nbsp nbsp nbsp Heres what I know nbsp nbsp I updated to windows about - months ago with no issues nbsp nbsp I have had no issues with WiFi until this point nbsp The wireless button enables and disables airplane mode after this recent windows update Also glows amber signally standby nbsp Cannot find wireless drivers or even card name to manualy HP Pavilion g6-2249wm Notebook PC wireless problem search Network settings contains no options and when i ask cortana HP Pavilion g6-2249wm Notebook PC wireless problem she claims that it is not supported on this pc nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp HP Pavilion g6-2249wm Notebook PC wireless problem Again Wifi was working literally an hour before dinner Afterwards vanishing act as if WiFi was never on this laptop nbsp I hope I have provided enough information if more is required please ask I do have an after market external wifi receiver I could use but would really rather not be bothered I bought this laptop roughly - years ago so by tech definitions its ancient I understand but i see that HP supports tech for up to yeas Any info will be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:HP Pavilion g6-2249wm Notebook PC wireless problem

Hi, Please keep the following list (or bookmark the link) which contains all part numbers for your computer:       http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=C2N47UA Your machine uses   Atheros AR9565 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination adapter. Please use the following driver:            http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_151470_1 Regards.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-g6-2249wm-Notebook-PC-wireless-problem/td-p/5756262
Relevancy 43%

hi i need help connecting the wireless mouse bluetooth to my laptop and i cant fig it out

Relevancy 43%

Hello. I may have turned of my wireless capability accidentally by clicking a combination during a game. I used google to fix this problem but nothing helped yet. Some solutions that I have found and tried already:- turned on my laptop and clicked F10 & F9 (default pop up I clicked no)- Network and Sharing Center / Change adapter settings / right click enable (wireless icon)- configure / Power Management/ Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power (deactivated)Nothing helped yet. The windows network diagnostics still says "Turn on wireless capability".I use the HP Pavilion 15-p204ng and Windows 7 (64 bit). I hope someone can help me please!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Turn-on-wireless-capability-HP-Pavilion-15-p204ng/td-p/5597583
Relevancy 43%

When the using the Verizon wireless card in notebook, the notebook get a blue screen.
HP and Verizon said they do not have and problem. When the notebook the card the screen the go blue.

Thanks!!!!

A:Verizon Wireless PC 5740 & Pavilion Notebook

Does the "blue screen" have an error message.
If so, -exactly- what does it say?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verizon-wireless-pc-5740-pavilion-notebook.476556/
Relevancy 43%

HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC Running Windows 7 64-bit I installed a new network card (intel network 6235an.hmwwb centrino WiFi card advanced - N 6235 Dual Band Bluetooth) and restarted the computer and got the message "wireless module not supported" I checked and my BIOS was last updated on 1/24/13 insyde F.66 Could I get a list of Dual band N wifi cards that will work and include bluetooth?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC - "Wireless Module not sup...

ottomac13 wrote:HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC Running Windows 7 64-bit I installed a new network card (intel network 6235an.hmwwb centrino WiFi card advanced - N 6235 Dual Band Bluetooth) and restarted the computer and got the message "wireless module not supported" I checked and my BIOS was last updated on 1/24/13 insyde F.66 Could I get a list of Dual band N wifi cards that will work and include bluetooth?Hi,Intel 6230 is listed as compatible but the part number belongs to an Intel Centrino 1030. I would try the 6230 as the laptop is a Sandy Bridge one. Intel 6235 works on Ivy Bridge Dv6 series laptops. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-g7-1310us-Notebook-PC-quot-Wireless-Module-not/td-p/2861873
Relevancy 43%

can t connect to the internet through my netbook It is connecting to my Pavilion Vista Wireless dv6000 HP Connection home network but won t connect to the internet I ve tried updating all the drivers etc Microsoft Windows Version Copyright HP Pavilion dv6000 Vista Wireless Connection c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Me gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alexa-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address fd b f e a bc c e Pref erred Temporary IPv Address fd b f e c d c a d Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a bc c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday September PM Lease Expires Monday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DC-BA-FA- - E- - B-BE-DC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - E- - B-BE-DC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AA F-BC - - EF - E C A br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E B - F - EAF-A A - A br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Me gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address fd b f e a bc c e Temporary IPv Address fd b f e c d c a d Link-local IPv Address fe a bc c e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Me gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Me gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Me gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Me gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Me gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alexa-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address fd b f e a bc c e Pref erred Temporary IPv Address fd b f e c d c a d Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a bc c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday September PM Lease Expires Monday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DC-BA-FA- - E- - B-BE-DC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State M... Read more

A:HP Pavilion dv6000 Vista Wireless Connection

theres a known issue on that adapter and vista - have a read here at some solutions - usually a driver will resolve
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

For Vista;
> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> click on the Button Browse...
> Locate the folder you extracted the downloaded zip file to
> Next
Click OK and Windows will install the driver for you.

For XP;
http://www.ehow.com/how_6669386_update-network-adapter-drivers.html

------------------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-dv6000-vista-wireless-connection.1068294/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have an HP Pavilion DV CA and the HP Adapter Pavilion Wireless Missing? DV6000 Wireless Adapter has been working fine for the past months This weekend like an idiot I decided to install my D-Link DWA- Rangebooster N Notebook adapter Who knew Card Bus and PCMIA weren t the same thing Anyway after installing the software the instructions prompted me to install the card This is where I realize the cards are not compatible and abort the installation HP Pavilion DV6000 Wireless Adapter Missing? No problems present until I rebooted Now the Wireless Adapter HP Pavilion DV6000 Wireless Adapter Missing? is no longer recognized by the pc No question marks exclamation marks etc It s just not present in Device Manager I know there are several posts on this topic indicating that the MOBO is to blame and that HP will fix the problem but it worked flawlessly for months It only stopped working when I installed the D-Link DWA- software It sure sounds software related to me Now I have downloaded the recommended BIOS upgrade and had no luck initially About two days later however the wireless worked fine Now today it s out again I d love to hear a few educated opinions before I send the unit back to HP Cheers Chris PS I couldn t find anywhere in the BIOS where I could turn the Adapter on off nbsp

Relevancy 43%

At my dv5000 to Hp connect wireless wont Pavilion home I use suddenlink internet phone and Hp Pavilion dv5000 wont connect to wireless cable The modem I have relays my internet and phone service I plug a Hp Pavilion dv5000 wont connect to wireless Linksys wireless-G GHz broadband router into the modem to make my internet wireless Hp Pavilion dv5000 wont connect to wireless Both my boyfriend and I are able to pick up the signal fine My mothers internet will not pick up the signal The wireless works because the little blue button stays on There is just no wireless signals found I have looked everywhere for an answer The internet was working then we had the power go off and now it will not connect Her computer is an HP Pavilion dv series it runs windows xp I know a little about computers so I have done all the basic things to try and fix it Reset router update drivers disable reenable the wireless I have done all of those things I have had this problem once before and the solution is simple I JUST CANNOT REMEMBER Please anyone who knows anything I would love advice on how to fix it Oh when I plug her directly into the internet she runs fine I don t think the actual wireless on her computer is the issue because it is staying on it is something wrong with picking up the signals nbsp

A:Hp Pavilion dv5000 wont connect to wireless

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-dv5000-wont-connect-to-wireless.993940/
Relevancy 43%

Hello,please i cant lay my hands on hp wireless assistance software and my wifi button stay orange, please can i be help here?

A:HP Wireless Assistant HP Pavilion g6-2215so Notebook PC

Hi, Did you upgrade your machine to Windows 10 ? Please use the following instructions:          http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5296082/model/5338690/document... Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Wireless-Assistant-HP-Pavilion-g6-2215so-Notebook-PC/td-p/5605970
Relevancy 43%

Laptop s Support Page Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver Ralink b g n WiFi Adapter All three above links have been dead ends and my pleas for help on the official HP Support Forums have collected cyberdust As said my laptop s model number is dv - c nr My laptop s Windows was FUBAR from a computer virus that my sister managed to get on it somehow Driver Not dv6-6c13nr My HP Pavilion Will Install Wireless I said to hell with it and just DBANed the entire hard drive and did a clean install of Windows Everything was able install just fine except for the wireless adapter driver I tried both the Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver and the Ralink b g n WiFi Adapter linked in my PC model s driver page On both of them whenever I click on My HP Pavilion dv6-6c13nr Wireless Driver Will Not Install the downloaded file nothing happens after the file unpacks no installers run I ve tried running it regularly and running it as an administrator I ve also tried running the installers directly from where they were unpacked into the C drive regularly and as an administrator All of the other drivers My HP Pavilion dv6-6c13nr Wireless Driver Will Not Install and software on my PC model s driver page My HP Pavilion dv6-6c13nr Wireless Driver Will Not Install installed just fine aside from the wireless it s the only thing and the most important thing that I can t seem to get to work The version of Windows that shipped with the PC was Windows Home Premium the version that I have and that I installed is Windows Ultimate Are the drivers not Ultimate compatible I ve also considered installing earlier versions of the drivers but I can t find legacy versions anywhere that doesn t look sketchy I would really appreciate some help with this nbsp

A:My HP Pavilion dv6-6c13nr Wireless Driver Will Not Install

the version that I have and that I installed is Windows 7 Ultimate. Click to expand...

did you purchase this W7 and is it genuine - we often see networking issues with NON-Genuine copies of windows

Why did you not just re-install
The version of Windows 7 that shipped with the PC was Windows 7 Home PremiumClick to expand...

W7 Home Prenium

On the PC you will have a CoA label and the Key to use W7 Home Premium
download the ISO from here and create a bootable DVD
http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/
and install using the CoA key on the PC
then you have a genuine copy of windows on the PC

once you have done that , see if you still have issues with the wireless drivers

in order to identify which wireless adapter you have - do this
How to identify hardware in Device Manager

right click on the device with a yellow!

from the menu choose
properties
Click on the Details Tab
Under the Property - drop down
Select hardware ids
Right click and select all
Then right click again and select copy
Copy and paste that information here

You should see a code similar to this

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008A&SUBSYS_53058086&REV_34

please reply with the full code for your device(s)

The portion of the code highlighted in RED is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN is the Device ID. In this example:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008A&SUBSYS_53058086&REV_34

Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 008A

Post back those two numbers make sure we know which is vendor ID and which is device ID

These codes can be looked up at this site http://www.pcidatabase.com/

As an example the link for that database tells us that;
Vendor ID code 8086 is for this vendor - Intel Corporation
Device ID code 008A is for this device - Intel Centrino Wireless-N1030
Unknown Device Identifier enables you to identify the yellow question mark labeled Unknown Devices in Device Manager.
http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hp-pavilion-dv6-6c13nr-wireless-driver-will-not-install.1129872/
Relevancy 43%

This unit got some viruses,  reloaded win7 and everything works fine except for the wireless connection. In the DM esepcially under Network Adapters, I am not seeing any problems with any devices, it shows 802.11n wireless Lan Card. I can see my network and put in my password to connect to my network but it is showing "limited connectivity"? I have 3 other computers her eon my netowrk, all wireless and no connection issues with any of them, with a wired ethernet connection straight to my router, no issues with this desktop, does this mean maybe the viruses has damaged the unit's built in wireless card?

A:HP Pavilion 6000 Desktop wireless problem?

Did you reinstall the wireless LAN driver ?

System doesn't appear to be supported by HP for Win 7, so I would try the Vista drivers.

Is this a P6000 desktop...or a DV6000 laptop?  Neither has Win 7 drivers at the HP website.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525176/hp-pavilion-6000-desktop-wireless-problem/
Relevancy 43%

i just purchased Pavilion 23-h024 all-in one PCs.I didnt found USB receiver of keyboard and mouse in box and i can't connect mouse and keyboard with PC. Is receiver installed built-in PC? if not where i can find the receiver.

A:Hp pavilion 23-h024 keyboard and wireless connect

It should have been delivered with the desktop. There should be a small dongle delivered with the PC. Contact HP by one of the means at the following web document.https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Pavilion-23-h000-TouchSmart-All-in-One-Desktop-PC...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-pavilion-23-h024-keyboard-and-wireless-connect/td-p/5588582
Relevancy 43%

My wireless internet used to work and one day i turned my computer on and it
no longer worked. I have a HP pavillion dv6000 laptop, the switch for
wireless networking is on and when i click diagnose the problem it says
"This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and
configured. Install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct
drivers are loaded." Could somebody please help me fix this

A:wireless networking hardware HP pavilion 6000

Go to the device manager and see if your card or usb or what you use is installed.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/175981-wireless-networking-hardware-hp-pavilion-6000-a.html