Windows Support Forum

Samsung BD-UP5000 firmware up grade

Q: Samsung BD-UP5000 firmware up grade

Hi everyone,

New to this, first post so please go slowly.

I have a Samsung blue ray player BD-UP5000, and I have down loaded the new zip file of the firmware upgrade version 1.6 to my computer. I then burnt a dvd-rw. When I inserted the disc into my Blue ray player it reads ERROR #0x000000ff and then ejects the disc. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Samsung BD-UP5000 firmware up grade

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Samsung BD-UP5000 firmware up grade

It probably can't read re-writable media so try using DVD-R or DVD+R

You can also update it directly via the internet by connecting it to your router and updating in real-time from the Samsung website. The BD-UP5000 has an ethernet port on it for this purpose.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/BD-UP5000/XAC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-bd-up5000-firmware-up-grade.1016097/
Relevancy 62.78%

Can't seem to find an answer to my question - Does the firmware update mean I have to reinstall windows? I have done firmware updates on other devices in the past, but not on a "boot" device, so just need an answer.

Edit: According to samsung it does not wipe HD, but just wanted people who have done an "inplace upgrade" to answer.

Edit: It worked fine through magician.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71269-samsung-850-evo-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Like the title says I am looking for a firmware upgrade for my Samsung InfoRanger SCM-110R.

Recently my ISP upgraded their signals and the InfoRanger doesn't work any longer. The firmware on the device is well over nine years old, and I'd like to try and upgrade it.

I realize this modem is a dinosaur but I can't afford a new one right now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Nostzz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-samsung-inforanger-firmware-out-there-anywhere.879056/
Relevancy 61.92%

g'day,

my dvd player (samsung ts-h352a) has been having issues lately meaning that it very rarely reads any cd inside. It's light will slowly pulse but it does not sound like it spins up and then reports that there is no cd in the drive. all cd's are original manufacturer copies. I went to the samsung site to upgrade the firmware and it has offered me a *.bin file that has no windows assosciation. when i look for drivers through device manager it looks for only *.inf files. what am i doing wrong, any suggestions to alternate fixes perhaps?

cheers, Hrtbob

Relevancy 61.92%

Hard Drives Hitachi HDS DLE nbsp Firmware M OASR nbsp Serial Number MSK {Firmware HD155UI/HD204UI Bug} SAMSUNG HILD G nbsp Features- S M A R T nbsp bit LBA APM NCQ nbsp I have tried backing up system image to my ext hard {Firmware Bug} SAMSUNG HD155UI/HD204UI drive since early last month July but nbsp there is always the error message The backup failed New bad clusters were found on the source volume These clusters were not backed up x D Run SFC Scannow- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations nbsp Lately while going through CrystalDiskInfo clicking Functions I come across nbsp Workaround which gives this nbsp message Firmware Bug SAMSUNG HD UI HD UI nbsp Googling the above message brings me the website knowledge seagate com articles US FAQ en- Samsung HD UI JP exe Firmware Patch Update If the host issues an identify command during an action of writing data nbsp in NCQ the data's writing can be destabilized and can lead to data loss This is relevant for Samsung-model ID with the following model numbers HD UI nbsp Can this patch update fixed the system image backup failure

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Firmware-Bug-SAMSUNG-HD155UI-HD204UI/td-p/5722959
Relevancy 61.92%

How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware update (DXM04B0Q)? The Magician software is supposed to do it, but when I open up the download folder where the firmware update download is located, the Magician software doesn't see it. I've downloaded the firmware in many different locations, but still, the Magician software doesn't see it. Any Ideas? See snips to see firmare update download location and what Magician software sees. The firmware update (DXM04B0Q) is right below the Symantic folder.

Magician download and firmware update download: Support - Solid State Drives MZ-7PD512 | Samsung Memory & Storage

A:How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?

Couple of things you can try.
- Move the DXM04B0Q folder to your desktop. Does the Samsung Magician see it?
- If still no joy, try letting the Magician download the firmware. Verify it downloaded the correct version.

I also found this tutorial.

Samsung SSD Firmware Upgrade Guide | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276163-how-do-i-install-latest-samsung-ssd-firmware.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Samsung has recently posted firmware update EXM03B6Q for the 850 Pro on the download site.
I was unable to update via Magician so downloaded the ISO and ran it from a USB drive.
I was one of the lucky ones who didn't update to EXM02B6Q in Feb of 2015 which was a total disaster.
The update worked without any problems and speeds have not changed at all.
There is also a PDF installation guide for those who like to read first.
Don't forget to image the SSD first just in case. I did not, however loose data but better safe than sorry.

Tool & Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402558-samsung-ssd-850-pro-firmware-update-finally-available.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all My system specs are the following Windows Enterprise -bit UEFI Bios Phoenix BIOS version and drivers are updated also confirmed by Slimdrivers Samsung Series ULTRA U C-S PT Also It is an hybrid drive TB HDD amp GB SSD that is supposedly well installed the laptop never been so fast after formating and installing windows with express cache to take advantage of SSD hybrid boosting Windows works like a speedster the SAMSUNG firmware settings UEFI only UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG problem is the inaccessibility of BIOS for example i want to enable the virtualization VT-X to install Oracle VM and i can't go BIOS to edit virtualization Problems UEFI BIOS firmware settings boot dialog is inaccessible Not working suggested fixes i hotkeys Esc F F F and F don't log in BIOS Although safe mode debug logging etc are available Disabling Fast Bios in the control panel gt power management dialog doesn't do anything ii UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG automatic repair seems to give an error after the account is specified in the repair boot dialog it gives error iii recovery gt Advanced options gt UEFI Firmware Settings Boot is not Visible iv EasyUEFI free only works with Windows Home not Enterprise it would resolve the issue appropriately with the boot into UEFI option Sources Cause according to internet forums i Probably my uefi has Secure Boot Enabled and Fast Boot also making the boot system almost instantaneous UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG and rendering other boot scenarios blocked Because system is only seeing the SSD drive as boot option ii There is a problem with samsung laptops and uefi that makes the express cache and SSD install very tedious and difficult i managed to do it and the pc is smooth the only issue is to access BIOS Anyone has a clue on how to sort this out Specifications Operating System Windows Enterprise -bit CPU Intel Core i U GHz C Ivy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD SAMSUNG NP CPU Socket - U E BIOS Brand Phoenix Technologies Ltd Version P AAJ Date Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel HD Graphics Samsung MB NVIDIA GeForce GT M Samsung C ForceWare version SLI Disabled Storage GB Hitachi HTS A E SATA C GB SanDisk SSD i GB SSD Optical Drives TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU- BB Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60382-uefi-firmware-settings-samsung.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hard Drives Hitachi {Firmware SAMSUNG Bug} HD155UI/HD204UI HDS DLE nbsp Firmware M OASR nbsp Serial Number MSK HILD G nbsp Features- S M A R T nbsp bit LBA {Firmware Bug} SAMSUNG HD155UI/HD204UI APM {Firmware Bug} SAMSUNG HD155UI/HD204UI NCQ nbsp I have tried backing up system image to my ext hard drive since early last month July but nbsp there is always the error message The backup failed New bad clusters were found on the source volume These clusters were not backed up x D Run SFC Scannow- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations nbsp Lately while going through CrystalDiskInfo clicking Functions I come across nbsp Workaround which gives this nbsp message Firmware Bug SAMSUNG HD UI HD UI nbsp Googling the above message brings me the website knowledge seagate com articles US FAQ en- Samsung HD UI JP exe Firmware Patch Update If the host issues an identify command during an action of writing data nbsp in NCQ the data's writing can be destabilized and can lead to data loss This is relevant for Samsung-model ID with the following model numbers HD UI nbsp Can this patch update fixed the system image backup failure

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Firmware-Bug-SAMSUNG-HD155UI-HD204UI/td-p/5722959
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I ran the Samsung EVO Firmware Evo Samsung Now update boot. windows - won't 840 Firmware update that was provided because of the degrading problem said to be with the product It went all the way through and said complete There were no problems or interruptions there I closed the application and rebooted my machine The computer will get to the windows screen but right when it is supposed to go to the login it goes black and the monitors stop detecting a signal It just sits at a black screen The scary thing is that when i try to run a recovery all executables associated with a Samsung Evo 840 Firmware update - Now windows won't boot. given recovery error out I E StartRep exe fails to run Trying to load previous working fails to run Samsung Evo 840 Firmware update - Now windows won't boot. to They get memory exception type errors I put in the windows disc and have had it come up with quot hit key to boot from cd or dvd quot all repair attempts are the same as above They fail the same way The only thing I have not figured out is how to get the machine to load into safe mode i have been hitting F and doing what I can but I get no such options My options are only the repair dialogs or boot normally I do not understand why this machine has never given me a choice to boot to safe mode How can I get that to work Please help Is there anything I can do I can't find any samsung forums or info Windows Ultimate Asus X Deluxe Intel X x core G Skill Ripjaws Series x gb gb DDR Samsung Evo gb SSD Corsair RM wPSU Corsair H i Nvidia GTX

A:Samsung Evo 840 Firmware update - Now windows won't boot.

What degrading problem ? Samsungs are the best IMO, what did you think upgrading the firmware would help ? Or what did Samsung say it was for ?

How old is the drive, how often is it used ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362743-samsung-evo-840-firmware-update-now-windows-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I have samsung fit phone s and recently got firmware update via samsung kies but when i try to update it Kies crashes and give following error Problem signature Problem Event Name CLR r Problem Signature gt-s exe Problem upgrading Samsung error firmware on Kies Signature Problem Signature e ef Problem Signature FirmwareUpdateAgent Common Problem Signature Problem Signature e ef Problem Signature fd Problem Samsung Kies error on firmware upgrading Signature Problem Signature System IndexOutOfRangeException OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Samsung Kies error on firmware upgrading Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e I have latest samsung Kies version I dont know whats causing this error Little dig from event viewr showed more on error Application GT-S exe Framework Version v Description The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception Exception Info System IndexOutOfRangeException Stack at FirmwareUpdate Agent Common DeviceManagement gBY at FirmwareUpdate Agent Common DeviceManagement DeviceDetect System String at FirmwareUpdate Models FirmwareUpdateModel ctor FirmwareUpdate Agent Common AgentParameter FirmwareUpdate Agent Common UpdateType Boolean at FirmwareUpdate ViewModels FirmwareUpgradeViewModel ctor Boolean at FirmwareUpdate Views FirmwareUpgradeView ctor Boolean at FirmwareUpdate App Application Startup System Object System Windows StartupEventArgs at System Windows Application OnStartup System Windows StartupEventArgs at System Windows Application lt ctor gt b System Object at System Windows Threading ExceptionWrapper InternalRealCall System Delegate System Object Int at MS Internal Threading ExceptionFilterHelper TryCatchWhen System Object System Delegate System Object Int System Delegate at System Windows Threading DispatcherOperation InvokeImpl at System Windows Threading DispatcherOperation InvokeInSecurityContext System Object at System Threading ExecutionContext runTryCode System Object at System Runtime CompilerServices RuntimeHelpers ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup TryCode CleanupCode System Object at System Threading ExecutionContext RunInternal System Threading ExecutionContext System Threading ContextCallback System Object at System Threading ExecutionContext Run System Threading ExecutionContext System Threading ContextCallback System Object Boolean at System Threading ExecutionContext Run System Threading ExecutionContext System Threading ContextCallback System Object at System Windows Threading DispatcherOperation Invoke at System Windows Threading Dispatcher ProcessQueue at System Windows Threading Dispatcher WndProcHook IntPtr Int IntPtr IntPtr Boolean ByRef at MS Win HwndWrapper WndProc IntPtr Int IntPtr IntPtr Boolean ByRef at MS Win HwndSubclass DispatcherCallbackOperation System Object at System Windows Threading ExceptionWrapper InternalRealCall System Delegate System Object Int at MS Internal Threading ExceptionFilterHelper TryCatchWhen System Object System Delegate System Object Int System Delegate at System Windows Threading Dispatcher InvokeImpl System Windows Threading DispatcherPriority System TimeSpan System Delegate System Object Int at MS Win HwndSubclass SubclassWndProc IntPtr Int IntPtr IntPtr at MS Win UnsafeNativeMethods DispatchMessage System Windows Interop MSG ByRef at System Windows Threading Dispatcher PushFrameImpl System Windows Threading DispatcherFrame at System Windows Threading Dispatcher PushFrame System Windows Threading DispatcherFrame at System Windows Threading Dispatcher Run at System Windows Application RunDispatcher System Object at System Windows Application RunInternal System Windows Window at System Windows Application Run System Windows Window at FirmwareUpdate App Main Also found this - System - Provider Name Application Error - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer Ankit-PC Security - E... Read more

A:Samsung Kies error on firmware upgrading

You might try removing and reinstalling Kies. Also try the older version, sometimes newer is not better.
Perhaps there is a Samsung forum where this issue is addressed too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189668-samsung-kies-error-firmware-upgrading.html
Relevancy 61.49%

friends I'm installing a fresh samsung 840 120gb. i thought i could put the ssd on sata 1 [not zero] and get firmware via magician on my windows 8 lab mule. no dice. apparently magician ONLY wants to see the ssd on sata zero. it can pull up the drive, but none of the controls work.
soooo... I'm thinking I'm going to have to go with the drive 'as is' to install 7 on a notebook, then as first order of business go pickup the firmware update and execute it.

will this result in sub-par arrangement? best I can tell the fw update is non-destructive.
is there another way?

A:samsung ssd: will firmware update harm anything? magician no use.

friends i have a new samsung 840 to replace a failing drive in a hp notebook.
i wanted to update the samsung firmware first, then do the install of windows 7 x64 but using the samsung so-called Magician, trying the drive on sata 1 [instead of 0] it still cannot properly register the drive. all I get is the SMART info - everything else is neutered. illogical... how does samsung want to update firmware? AFTER the os is installed?
a little guidance would sure be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302312-samsung-ssd-will-firmware-update-harm-anything-magician-no-use.html
Relevancy 61.49%

So I installed my new SSD, set up all my programs and files, and was having some trouble with discovering an ACHI drivers (which apparently cannot be achieved on my dell latitude model IDE ATA/ATAPI driver missing?)

Anyway after installing the Samsung Magician software to help optimize the SSD, it said that a firmware update was available, so upon updating I was rewarded with a BSOD after restarting. I became angry and did a system restore with my image disk and started over. This time in the samsung magician it said the firmware was already up to date so I didn;t think anything of it until today another BSOD. If I have to do another reinstall I will take my own life, so I hope someone can help me here.

Attachment 311734

A:BSOD After Samsung magician (840 pro SSD) Firmware update

Do you use the DW1520 Wireless-N WLAN Half-mini card?
If so then it looks like the driver for it is the problem.

Do you have a spare HDD that you can use because I think the driver for it is incompatible with SSDs. I will need to double check.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {10, 2, 0, fffff80002ea4ec9}

Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!IppValidatePaths+71 )

Code:
fffff880`04a8f000 fffff880`04f12000 bcmwl664 (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl664.sys
Image name: bcmwl664.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jan 07 08:05:56 2011 (4D26C964)
CheckSum: 0048C1C3
ImageSize: 00483000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
It doesn't mention compatibility with SSDs. I will keep looking. Here's the website anyway.

Driver Details | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326467-bsod-after-samsung-magician-840-pro-ssd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The MP3 player contends that it's memory is full, yet it has nothing in its navigational tree. The mp3 device has corrupted before; however, last time it simply froze on one track rendering it impossible to change tracks without the device shutting down. In this instance there are no tracks to attempt to switch to, the only thing that works is the radio.

My solution was simple, reinstall the firmware implementing YP-MT6 updater--just like last time I had an issue. Sadly, the firmware install freezes well under half way through when it says "locking drive[ers?]" it was one of the two.

Anyway to beet this problem? 'Cause I'm at a loss. Not a happy costumer as far as this little samsung is concerned--i figured their phones were great so their other stuff should be too! Ha.

links to costumer service would be great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstalation-issue-with-samsung-mt6-firmware-corrupted-reinstall.45650/
Relevancy 60.63%

I turned on my computer and a message popped up to update my 3 month old Samsung firmware.
I used Magician 4.5, pushed the button, and it said "failed to update drive with new firmware".
Oh? When I rebooted later my OS would not boot. I went into the bios and it ID'd the drive as Samsung 3.
Now I can't boot the drive at all. I burned the ISO of the firmware update but it can NOT find the drive in DOS. If I boot with another drive and the ruined drive together, both Samsung 840 Pro and Samsung 850 Pro, it jams the boot until I remove the damaged drive. Anybody have any knowledge or any ideas?

A:Samsung 850 PRO firmware update fialed. Now drive won't boot

I have the same problem, and now in my bios show my ssd with the name 3ckcCkckcCk;!cKcCcKcCcI and I can't re-update it

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362315-samsung-850-pro-firmware-update-fialed-now-drive-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I've just had a 2Tb Samsung HD204UI drive installed. (I got 6 months out of the Western Digital )

A quick Google has brought up the following link.......

SAMSUNG HD204UI important firmware patch required

I'm wondering if I need this patch? How can I tell if I do? Will Vista updates look after it automatically if I do need it?

Thanks.

D.

A:Do I need firmware update for newly installed Samsung drive?

Hi,

I suppose there is no way to tell, but it would be a good thing to do as there appears to be several issues to cover off!

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/290228-do-i-need-firmware-update-newly-installed-samsung-drive.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I've updated the bios on motherboards and dvd burners but, I'm not sure if I have the most up to date firmware/drivers and am not sure how to go about doing it on this ssd any help will be appreciated Thanks! SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com

A:latest firmware/driver updates for my Samsung 840 120GB SSD

How long ago did you buy this drive? I bought the exact same thing about three months ago and it has the most up-to-date firmware available.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302118-latest-firmware-driver-updates-my-samsung-840-120gb-ssd.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I want to upgrade the firmware of my new Samsung DVD writer (from Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology) to the latest version.
DVD writer Model:
TSST corp CDDVDW SH-S223C
For some reason it will not burn DVD ?RW disks.

So I downloaded the latest appropriate firmware file from cdrinfo.com
Namely SH-S223C_SB04.exe which I ran under win7 (64) bit OS

This executable program in turn started up ?Tsdnwin.exe? installation program which then crashes (freezes) the system.
I had to use the Windows ?Task Manager? to End the Task.

Can this be a compatibility problem for win7 64 bit OS?
Or is my Win7 OS somehow corrupted?

Next I installed and tried ODD FW Liveupdate program and it too fails with an error message :

?that due to a system problem it failed to operate a program by
automatically connecting to it.?

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem here?

A:Failure of Firmware Upgrade of Samsung DVD Writer using Win 7 (64bit)

According to this page, you shouldn't need to worry about drivers or firmware. What I would suggest is completely uninstalling the driver from your Device Manager. Restart your computer. Windows 7 should pick up and install the burner fine.

Don't download driver and firmware files from anywhere but the manufacturers website, problems like this happen way more often when you do that

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/96435-failure-firmware-upgrade-samsung-dvd-writer-using-win-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to coble together two non-working Zen Xtras into a working one. I receive a message: "Firmware Problem," and am instructed to reload the firmware. When I attempt to do so, the firware does not recognize the device although the device shows up in My Computer as a Zen Xtra. I have reloaded the drivers. When I attempt to reinstall the firmware, it states that it cannot detect the device and please connect it now. How do I resolve this lack of recognition?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-fails-to-recognize-zen-xtra-for-reloading-firmware.483238/
Relevancy 42.57%

Problems on initializing Samsung GB with Samsung s Disk Manager Ontrack tm Hi There is some problem on my gb Samsung HD The situation is this I have had an old computer which have an ancient motherboard because of the limitations of motherboard it was initializing Hd as gb I installed Samsung s Disk Manager program named Ontrack It does something with the MBR to make the gb initialized HD as gb When you re in bios setup it says your samsung is gb but when you reset and wait for the system disk error message Ontrack activates and then your hd is gb you can install Manager: with on initializing 80GB Disk Samsung Samsung's Problems Ontack(tm) OS after that Here is the problem I bought a new computer whose motherboard to initialize my GB hd as GB also but things didn t happen like that On bios setup it says my HD is gb I plugged the HD to my other computer and its partition magic says quot gb BAD quot also A modified MBR by a program ontrack can fool bios setup if so can i use XP CDs system recovery console with fixmbr command f it is not how can i make my Problems on initializing Samsung 80GB with Samsung's Disk Manager: Ontack(tm) hd back to normal not for old motherboards initialized as GB New motherboard is MSI RS M -IL and because of this problem I cannot enable S M A R T feature I need help and thanks from now on nbsp

A:Problems on initializing Samsung 80GB with Samsung's Disk Manager: Ontack(tm)

If you are using XP then boot fromt eh XP Cd. Then delete the existing partition and create a new one and format that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-on-initializing-samsung-80gb-with-samsungs-disk-manager-ontack-tm.42530/
Relevancy 42.57%

I would like to up-grade my processor. I have a VA-503+ FIC motherboard Version 1.12JE12 Revision 1.2A with a 300hz AMDK6.2 CPU 3D technology operating at 100HZ bus speed. I have been told that I can install a 500hz AMD processor although all the information I see seems to indicate a 400hz processor is the limit. I am running Windows 98,2ED so the OS is no problem. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

A:CPU up-grade

With a bios upgrade you can go to a K62 550 or K63 500
http://www.fica.com/

Just click on tech support bios and drivers upgrades.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-up-grade.32906/
Relevancy 42.57%

I want to get new CPU. Which is the best way to go? Pentium 4(32Bit) or AMD(64Bit) Processor. Does Intel make a 64Bit Processor?

Relevancy 42.57%

i have a think pad modem  600  window 98 the hard drive is not working. can i get hard drive to fit? can it be up graded to 2000xp

A:think pad up grade

Welcome to the forum! Yes, you can get a new hard drive...any PATA/ATA-6/IDE laptop drive will work. And yes, you can upgrade to Windows 2000, with sufficient amount of RAM (256MB, preferably more) your ThinkPad will run them just fine. A source for hard drives, one of the many...  www.zipzoomfly.com Hope this helps.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/think-pad-up-grade/td-p/45654
Relevancy 42.57%

DV7 / Core i7 3610 quad @ 2.30/ 8 gb ram/ win 7 Home Premium (64 bit )I would like to add (double) the ram in this machine but have never had the cover off and have no idea where the ram lives or how many sticks make up the 8 gigs it currently has. I need to speed things up with the ram upgrade and an SSD to help with my RAW photo processing. 1) What type of ram does this machine use ?2) Can I simply add more (another 8 gb stick) or do I replace the current with a 16 gb stick ?3) What is the max amount of ram this machine will use ?I'm a desktop type and have no clue what goes on inside a laptop. Thanks in advance. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:ram up grade

According to official specs you have 2 x 4 gigs to equal 8.  specs Here is the Manual: Service Manual See page 53. The memory is inside the big T shaped cover on the bottom of the laptop. It can take up to 16 gigs of memory, 2 x 8 gig modules of this stuff: 8-GB memory module (PC3, 12800, 1600-MHz) 670034-001 http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-PC3-12800-Notebooks-KTH-X3C-8G/dp/B0089MTP0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461606849&sr=8-1&keywords=670034-001 Memory prices are down again so this is a good time to buy. I tell most people to forget the 8 gigs to 16 gigs upgrade as most computer users do not need 16 gigs of RAM but processing RAW images to .jpgs or other format is an exception to that: you need all the memory and help you can get.  An SSD is also a good idea. Your laptop can actually take 2 hard drives. I could write a book on the options that gives you and how to go about it, and I will if you post back and ask questions.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ram-up-grade/td-p/5597840
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi i want to down-grade my xp but when i put xp cd and then the set-up thing appears its grey-ed out i also try putting the cd when installing it when it restart " press any key to boot" i get a blue screen of death.

my model is hp hp-pavilion-elite-e9120f

i was wondering if its possible to install windows 95 or 98.

A:how to down-grade to xp??

The only way to "downgrade" from any version of Windows...is to have both a valid license and a valid means of installing XP.I correct that...I believe that some OEMs (HP, etc.) provide "downgrade" capabilities on some of the systems they have sold...but I'm not sure.Specs for Your SystemAs I look at the specs for that system, it doesn't indicate that Win 7 was originally installed.FWIW: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...c=en&dlc=enAs for installing Win 95 or Win 98...you can install either/both, as long as you have a valid CD and license/key.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318613/how-to-down-grade-to-xp/
Relevancy 42.57%

i have a hp pavilion a1219h, what is the best video card i can go with and the most memory ? and is there any thing else i may need, i am a gamer.

Relevancy 42.57%

How do you or can you downgrade IE from 6.0 to 5.5 I am having a security issues that works on 5.5 and not 6.0 and I have a user who upgraded with out or advise

A:Down Grade IE

Add remove programs
Microsoft Internet explorer 6
Uninstall -roll back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/down-grade-ie-1321.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, Last week i did a upgrade on my Inspiron 15R SE(7520) with a SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB, and now i'm intending to buy one msata Samsung EVO 850 500GB, But i would like to do a RAID 0 with those two "drives", So is that possible? Will it work and have a gain of performance?
Sorry for my bad english, i'm still learning.
My Specs (Inspiron 15R SE (7520)
Intel Core i7 3632QM
8GB ram 1600Mhz
Primary: SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB
msata: 32GB MZMPC032HBCD
Secondary: Seagate ST1000LM024  5400RPM 1TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995462
Relevancy 42.14%

hi I have samsung laptop

When I press power button, then its shows me samsung logo on the screen and after that it goes to black screen.
I try to replace hard disk, laptop find this new hard disk.
but then it straight goes to the BIOS and over there I try to change boot order, to boot from dvd player but I couldnot find any option there.
I open it up and clean everything inside the machine.
but problem is still there.
Is anybody help to to fix this machine.

REgards
loke_itp

Relevancy 42.14%

I currently have a Intel P4 Cpu 1.70ghz 256 RAM Radeon Fsc and 37.2 gb. I've used up about 11.4 gbz. I've been thinking about getting an upgrade, and i don't know really much about computers, so if someone can help me out with what to upgrade and what to leave i'd appreciate it. I just want more space on my computer and i want it to run faster than it's running now.

Thank you.

A:Need to up grade my computer

What do you mainly use the computer for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-up-grade-my-computer.433112/
Relevancy 42.14%

During my recent reinstall of XP, I have tried to upgrade Internet Explorer 6 to IE 8. Now I get a message "Data Execution Prevention" To help protect your computer, windows has closed this program", and my IE homepage gives a webpage error - Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer. A malfunctioning add-on hs caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage"

Any ideas?

A:I E 8 Up-Grade and Error

You just reinstalled Windows XP? Did you install all 100+ security updates since SP3?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-e-8-up-grade-and-error.1044004/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,anyone know the best/up-grade CPU to speed things up which doesn't break the bank?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-PRO-3400-CPU-up-grade/td-p/5637762
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,
I am currently upgrading the processor in my motherboard (UWAVE COMPAQ) also know as FIC AZ31 with sockit A. It has a switchable 100 mhz-133mhz fsb. I want to install a AMD Athlon thunderbird processor in it, and what I'm wanting to know is; what processor can I max out with? (OPN#)?

thanks, Dave

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I have a lap top Sony Vaio VGN-N31M/W and I've made a down grade from Vista to XP, and I've found all drivers for XP. Everything's working well except the CD ROM which is having some clics and pops while reading audio CDs. Does anyone could helpme please?

A:Down grade from W.Vista to XP

ddi you download the cd/audio xp drivers from sony?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/down-grade-from-w-vista-to-xp-203160.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,I have a PC Aspire V17 Nitro. (VN76792G678CC)It has 2 memory slots and a barrette 8GB installed.I want to install a second to move to 16GB but in the documentation, I have not found how to do.Thank you tell me how to mount.Best regardDR

A:How to up grade memory

Hi, Next time it would be a better idea to check what model you wrote, it took me some time to figure out what model you wrote there. Well I don't know any service manual which would show you step by step how to disassebmble the machine and how to put in the new sticks of RAM. But youtube has plenty of disassembly steps in order to get to the RAM. But be careful, to my knowledge, I think that all V nitro notebooks have the memory dims on the opposite side of the motherboard (facing towards the back of the notebook) so to install new memory you will need to remove the entire motherboard, since on these notebooks the keyboards comes off and not the back. Here is a youtube video which shows how to disassemble the notebook:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhqm2yg_aiI Also I think that this can void your warranty, even if I did not saw any sticker in my notebook (true, different V nitro model) which would suggest this.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/How-to-up-grade-memory/td-p/429681/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.14%

hi i am new to this site and i need someone to how to up grade my computer set up i don t know if i am posting in the right place but here we go i have a acer aspire z - with a thomson B E router or modom what ever they call it i got it when i got my internet service years ago we got tablets and a inch sony with neo tv box my grade how to up help network need and inch tv in another room with need help how to up grade my network a HD cortex A andriod box with web cam and a projector tv unit with need help how to up grade my network a screen in another room all with shaw satalite tv now i would like someone to help me in what to buy to make this set up more efficient system and tie it all together with better internet speed i will buy any thing that i might need to build your new system you might figure out for me and i have no problem doing some thing cool or fun with the system i am a disabled and like spending alot of time with my gagets lol allso a wife and year old daughter that loves to spend alot of time on tabletsband watching netflex and you tube ok if some can help me many thanks for taking the time to read this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-how-to-up-grade-my-network.1164114/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey gang, i got a friend who is having problems up-grading from 8.1 to W-10 ! It's a Asus Gaming computer he tried this link >>> Windows 10 <<<
So he sent me this message "Tried running the Windows 10 upgrade its saying BIOS isn't supported" !!

He's not computer smart so he asked me to help him do this !!
Any help guys !!!!

Thanks
Chuck

A:Bios won't let him up-grade

Go to the manufacturer website, download the bios upgrade and upgrade the bios.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39769-bios-wont-let-him-up-grade.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

I have a AMD duron 700 Mhz processor with 100 PBS. Is it easy to upgrade the processor to a AMD Athlon 1000 Processor? Would it be worth the upgrade or leave as is as they say if it's not broke don't fix it.

Thanks Jeff

A:Processor up grade

Not enough nfo. Depends on your system mobo 4 1 thing. Give the rundown of your present setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-up-grade.212819/
Relevancy 42.14%

Now that I am running XP exclusively will I notice the difference if I add another 128mb to the existing 512mb?
I always held it down to 512mb because of dual-booting with WinMe.

A:Memory Up-grade?

you will see a lil diffrence pherhaps in games and huge applications. But overall not worth it. On the other hand if you added another 512MB you'll see a huge diffrence
esspecially if it's DDR PC-3200 (400mhz)

Cheers
John

The Computer Wiz Himself!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-up-grade.189650/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey gang, i got a friend who is having problems up-grading from 8.1 to W-10 ! It's a Asus Gaming computer he tried this link >>> Windows 10 <<<
So he sent me this message "Tried running the Windows 10 upgrade its saying BIOS isn't supported" !!

He's not computer smart so he asked me to help him do this !!
Any help guys !!!!

Thanks
Chuck

A:Bios won't let him up-grade

Go to the manufacturer website, download the bios upgrade and upgrade the bios.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39769-bios-wont-let-him-up-grade.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm thinking of upgrading my OS from xp to win.7 is win 7 really that much better or should i stay were I'm at .

Relevancy 42.14%

So do you splurge on CPU Cooler? Or are bottom-of-the-basement ones good enough for you?

I just got OCZ Vendetta CPU Cooler, only $0 bucks,and $30 before, lol.

So do you buy premium CPU Coolers? What about ones with premium grade?

A:What grade of CPU Cooler do you use?

Looks like a good deal.
I generally get aftermarket CPU coolers as the stock cooler is average at best, pi55 poor at worst.
If you are planning on not overclocking then the stock cooler will be ok. It's effective.
Overclocking then an aftermarket cooler is probably mandatory. I generally overclock so good cooling is a must, although I usually buy and sell CPU's of the same model until I find one that will overclock 25+% without any increase in voltage. Those are keepers and indicate that the CPU will overclock 40-50% while remaining within the manufacturers recommended voltage range thus preserving the warranty and it's lifespan.
The more voltage the better the cooling (CPU, chipset and chassis) needs to be.
No overclocking - stock cooler is fine unless you're looking for bling.
Mild overclock : <40% core frequency increase or <4-5% increase in Vcore -better air cooler
needed
Big overclock - bigger increases than above- Use watercooling and/or Thermoelectric cooling (TEC, also known as Peltier).

(numbers quoted are for Intel CPU's. My knowledge of OC'ing AMD CPU's is fairly limited)

CPU productivity drops off rapidly after 3.6GHz clock speed. Very few programs benefit from running a CPU past this speed, and none scale linearly- a case of diminishing returns.

As for aftermarket air coolers, tower heatpipe coolers generally give better performance than top down coolers but both are dependent upon the fan/s moving the air through the heatpipes and plates.
Good cooler + crap fan = average cooler
Crap cooler + good fan = average cooler

A fairly comprehensive table of contemporary air coolers here (Intel)
and here (AMD)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-grade-of-cpu-cooler-do-you-use.142267/
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently installed Windows XP. But some softwares don't even run on the windows.

I am trying to go back to Win 98SE.
But Win XP wouldn't let me do so.

Is anyone know how to formart hard drive in Windows XP?

Or

Is anyone know how to install Windows 98 from Windows XP operation installed computer?

A:Down grade from Win XP to Win 98SE

huh? why wouldn't the programs work, you should try the compatibility modes for XP, they work for most of the stuff out there. But if you insist on going back to 98. boot up to DOS and type: format C: (assuming your windows is installed on C: ). that will delete everythng on the C: partition so back up the stuff you want to keep before doing it. and BTW, XP is WAY better than 98 in my opion, but that's just me... Anyways, good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/down-grade-from-win-xp-to-win-98se.186468/
Relevancy 42.14%

hey i ve been trying to create a program that will read a student s c++ grade program name together with his or her test scores from a file i called grades dat Well after i did that i ran into problems I tried to use a void function to determine the average for the five test scores i had for each student and then i had a loop to read the five test score and get a sum for them For some reason c++ grade program this is not working at all it s not coming up i try to make a return value function but i just get a bunch of errors I need the program to output somthing like the following Student Test Test Test c++ grade program Test Test Average A B B B C D D C E F F F G F Class Average Percentage of A s Percentage of B s Percentage of C s I would really appreciate if someone could give me someidea what to do after i use the loop to read the test scores and get the sum nbsp

A:c++ grade program

1. Show us some code. We can not help you with your code if we dont know what it is.
2. Explain in detail the error. ie. What was input into the function? what did you get returned? what did you expect to get returned?
3. We dont DO homework. but we can HELP with homework if you get stuck on specific problems.
4. Welcome to TSG

Now regarding your problem.
Are you positive that the values you read in from the file are valid when they are in their storage variable? ie. array or vector
To output text to a console screen look up the std::cout operator that resides in the header <iostream>

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-grade-program.208587/
Relevancy 42.14%

Strange thing happening when agv ck's the email down load

typing is messed up .. on what ever project I;m working on.

seems the flashing bar.. goes backward and then .. my typing is messed up
( and I don t need any help with that ! )

wonder if any one else experiences this..
or
know's how to fix it..

deb

Relevancy 42.14%

ASUS K55A-RHI5N13. Did upgrade from Windows 8. to Windows 8.1, Message I get is Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 [build 083] Copyright [C] 1997-2000 Intel Corporation., Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.46 [03/23/12] PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM., Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

A:Solved: up grade 8.0-8.1

Sounds like it's not finding the hard drive (or SSD) to be a boot device. Maybe there was a glitch that destroyed the boot during the upgrade. Or maybe, just a coincidence, and the hard drive is corrupted or loose. See if you can get into the BIOS or UEFI and what you can learn about the hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-up-grade-8-0-8-1.1115353/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have recently been given a hi-grade green 320 laptop.

As it has come to me via a friend of a friend I would like to restore it to its original factory settings before letting my children use it.

I didn't get any disks or manuals with the laptop and I am not all that good with technology.

Is there anyone out there that could give me step by step instructions on how to restore to factory settings.

If it can't be done I would appreciate knowing this before I end up spending hours looking elsewhere for an answer.

Thankyou

A:hi-grade green 320

Hello sam0452

I don`t know anything about these laptops, but I found this information for you.

http://www.higrade.com/faq_2.htm#ND3

Quote:

" How do I reinstall Windows when my system did not come with a Recovery CD (Windows XP systems)?
As your system starts you should see a ?PRESS F10? message. Pressing F10 at this point will start the system recovery program, and should result in a ?Starting system recovery? message appearing.

To completely wipe and reinstall your system click the ADVANCED OPTIONS button, and then click on the QUICK FORMAT option. Then press the NEXT button and answer YES to the next two questions."

If the recovery partition is still there, that should work. If someone has deleted the partition you will not be able to do it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-grade-green-320-a-472175.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
I downgraded a Dell Dimension E521 with Bluetooth from Vista to XP. All the XP drivers worked but the sound. It tell me there is no device for that driver. There are about three drivers on Dell but none work. I read the forum for the same problem with an Acer but this is a Dell and all the other driversa work except the sound. Any info is appreciated.
Sylvia

A:No Sound After Down Grade

Try this;

Drivers and Downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-after-down-grade-574068.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I added a 256k stick to my hp a100y Pavillion to double the RAM. When I buttoned every thing up,would not power up. If the stick was not compatable, what is it likely to damage? The LED in the back was blinking. I disconnected the board and the power led glows solid as is normal.

A:Up grade problem

More than 40 looks and not one reply. Must have been a tough one. I Solved it by buying a used tower much faster than the one I had. Thanks any way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/up-grade-problem.877278/
Relevancy 42.14%

Built a system for Vista Prem.
Everything is OEM In hardware.
Can i up grade the processor without a PROBLEM.

Relevancy 42.14%

i want to make a dream my since 3rd grade computer tower that will mount on the wall my dream since 3rd grade i have ideas of the layout i want the goodies in it i want blah blah blah but i am unsure of a few tech things mostly power i will use the same componets as you would a normal case off the shelf power supply i have a thermaltake w laying around first off its about or years old my dream since 3rd grade is it possible it dosent have the connections neccisary for a core duo system well anyway i will have the power supply mounted towards the bottom rear facing down the mobo will be centered with it only foot up toward the top im trying to decide wether to do the backbone everything mounts to out of metal or acrylic im unsure if the board grounds through the case or through the psu harness metal is cheaper and i could paint it for the effect i want of course i would use risers just like a normal case wouldnt want to short out my new board now the board aside everything will have normal mounts im thinking shelving brakets for the cd s and hard drives will it hurt the hard drives if they are facing up looking at the top while it is on the wall my sisters emachine has a drive mounted like that so i think it may work im thinkin gb raptors the dvd drives i am looking into sata drives becuase i dont think i can make a inch ribbon cable work whereas inch satas would work great are sata burners hard to work with or what ive only dealt with one sata hdd before im thinkin of having them mounted toward the lower corners are they only allowed to lay one way or can i have them oppisite left side button down right side button up i want to make this hing glow being clear and all i want to do my own wiring so it looks cleaner can i run or so cathode tubes off power supply cord i would like to make a harness for these lights that run around the back plate but plug into the power supply cord which would be shortened to maybe inches i still want it to come apart as easy as a normal box im just concerned with the power i wont attempt it if it wont ground properly or somthing but the other stuff i can work around i will post a pic in a few so you can see what im saying i wasnt going to because i dont want my design stolen lol nbsp

A:my dream since 3rd grade

the main concern I would have with your design is heat build-up. You'll have to make sure there is a good cooling system in anything you design since one side will always be insulated by the wall it's hanging on.

Sounds like a cool idea however. Me, I want to make a tower out of Lego.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dream-since-3rd-grade.78018/
Relevancy 42.14%

My girl friend has 16 bit computer and i like to upgrade to a 32 or 64 bit computer ok . It had a 95 version on it and how to down load it successful. I would like to know any answer asp

thank you tech support guy ok

A:Can i up grade a 16 bit computer

Really need a bit more information about your computer:

If, by 16 Bit you are referring to the hardware bus of the motherboard, then it is an ISA slot motherboard, and you really cannnot upgrade that without swapping out the motherboard. Likewise, all the peripheral cards would need to be replaced. In short, by the time you are finished, you would essentially be building a new computer. Easier probably, and less expensive to purchase a newer one.

On the other hand, if you are talking about the Operating system, that is a different case. It would depend on hold old the system is, what you are currently running on it ( is that Windows 95? if so, that is a 32 bit system), the installed programs, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-up-grade-a-16-bit-computer.73174/
Relevancy 42.14%

You guys XP from S.P.1 wont grade S.P.2 up to were so helpful with my last problem I'm back with a new one I'm trying to up-grade S P to S P it's getting about of the way threw the install and then an error pops up saying access denied The first time I ran the installer I had the screen resolutions to small and couldn't read what the exact error was I could make out it was some file that is XP wont up grade from S.P.1 to S.P.2 in S P that it needs to up-grade but I could not read which file it was I tried installing it a second time after changing the resolution but the file name did not come up just the access denied I'll run it again to see if I can get the file name I also have the S P up-grade and it gave me the same error if I knew it wouldn't show the file name again I would have changed the resolution right there and then or strained my eyes to read it

A:XP wont up grade from S.P.1 to S.P.2

you probably need to find all the temp files for sp2 and delete them before you can install again. try running ccleaner and do a search for sp2 in start menu and delete what it finds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-up-grade-from-s-p-1-to-s-p-2-a-459169.html
Relevancy 42.14%

i am trying to down grade from xp to 2000 i tried to reboot with 2000 disc in but xp keeps comming up how do i disable xp to get 2000 to work

A:down grade 2000

You will have to set the boot order in your BIOS to boot from the CD first. Otherwise it will continually try to boot from your harddrive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/down-grade-2000-a-219791.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Im wanting to upgrade my mobo and cpu! Swapping out the hardware I don't think I'll have any problem with but I don't know any thing about bios, jumpers or settings or anything else except the actual insalling of the hardware

A:up grade mobo

Right off the bat the only jumpers you will need to worry about will be for the cpu setup. Just set them per the manual to the correct settings for you specific cpu.

All decent motherboards come with a manual that will explain all the motherboard features, options, and jumper settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/up-grade-mobo.70146/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi chaps i have a question that i hope some one may able to help me with,

i have a ASUS, A7VI-VM, pro savage KM 133 chipset, jumper free PC 133/vc133 200mhz fsb socket A MB,

like i said i would like to up grate it, whats the fastest processor i can put in it?
any help would be great thanks later....

Relevancy 42.14%

My son and I both have Dell 720. W have been changing out video cards and trying the sli thing. It have been fun I was running a dual core 2.4 quad. He was running a 3.0 dual core. We both a 2.66 dual core extreme. He put his in first and started getting a warning about the windows media player. Now his media player will not work. Last night I installed my new cpu and I get the same warning. What dose the cpu have to don with the media player and media center? and how do we fix It.

A:Solved: Cpu up grade

I forgot to say that we are running vista 32 home premium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cpu-up-grade.748700/
Relevancy 41.71%

this is my Display Adapter in my computer 3dfx Voodoo3 2000 PCI 16MB Video Card and was wondering if some one might know were i would find a up to date driver
thank you

A:Video Driver up grade

Just type in 3dfx Voodoo3 2000 Driver on a search engine, and you'll get plenty of hits. I tried it on www.google.com and got over 16000.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-driver-up-grade.274141/
Relevancy 41.71%

My e-machine system - etower is - working Memory up grade not came with MB of ram About months ago I added a MB SDRAM X PC pin memory stick I found everything worked quicker and less freeze ups Now I want to replace the MB stick with another MB stick which Memory up grade not working manufactuer says is possible When Memory up grade not working I install both sticks Windows will not load if I use only one stick same thing I spent an hour with KBYTE tech removing and installing sticks and removing and replacing battery Memory up grade not working same problem He recommended I contact e-machine for system up date disk They stated I should buy two new sticks from another manufactuer A rather expensive experiment I recently used the company CDs to restore my system as I was having freeze ups much better now Do I need to make changes in one of the programs for the two sticks to work I made no changes when I added the stick to the existing MB stick Please advise Thank you email protected nbsp

A:Memory up grade not working

It could be the two sticks aren't compatable. If they each work alone, and if they each work in a different slot then that would most likely be the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-up-grade-not-working.339575/
Relevancy 41.71%

Running AVG 7.5 Free edition; seems grisoft have now started to advertise their AVG Pro version for us to 'upgrade' to by presenting us with an unrequested and unwanted ad page with the invite TO upgrade; have other avg FREE users on here had a similar 'experience'? and is this not stooping to the level OF the spy companies by utilising such methods as sneek advertising ?

A:Avg Ad Requesting Up- Grade To Avg Pro When Updating

I would not call it sneak advertising, annoying as such nag screens might be.
AVG isn't the only one. I've several do so by now, though perhaps not as intrusively as a nag screen.

Sanity check: It's the price to pay to be able to use a free version of a good product for nothing while people who pay actually end up supporting it.

Check if there is an option to disable it. Or pay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119862/avg-ad-requesting-up-grade-to-avg-pro-when-updating/
Relevancy 41.71%

can you u grade a processor that is a 600 ADM up to a higher one with out messing up the rest of the computer

Relevancy 41.71%

I have read some of the dual boot options on this forum but I don t need that information what has happened is that Pro Down XP To Vista Grade Solved: From I got a HP Pavilion Slimline s w that had a bad hard drive After getting a used Serial ATA drive to replace the bad one I formated the drive and installed a good legit version of XP Pro The install when quick and flawless until I started the computer to check everything out and I had no Lan and no Sound since it is all integrated into the mother Solved: Down Grade From Vista To XP Pro board NEVER being a Vista user I was not aware that you could not down grade to XP I have read that it can be done but as of yet not found what I need most people don t get past the install without getting an error message about not detecting a hard drive I have tried getting the drivers that I need from the HP site under Vista and XP with no luck If this Desktop was bigger I would just install a network card and sound card but there are no pci slots available inside this tiny little unit I am looking for someone that has had this problem and found a way around it There was no install disk that HP provided with the PC so I couldn t go back to Vista either I have a nice little computer that just needs some help nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello. I have to purchase a top-of-the-line scanner to scan 4x6 photos.
There are so many choices and I do not know what specs I need to look for when deciding on a scanner.
Here are some of the criteria and if you have a suggestion, please let me know. Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas.

1) Available at Circuit City, Best Buy, Office Depot - brick and mortar
2) Under $200
3) Quality is the #1 priority - scanning 4x6 photos to import to pc.

A:How to choose a TOP-grade scanner

The general measure of scanner quality outside of #bit color depth, which all seem to max out now anyway, is DPI capability. This allows you to capture the most data from the original image...and results in LARGE files.

So the higher the DPI stats the better the image can be.....if you have the capability to print it on a high quality Photo Printer.

Personally I believe that you will get a better result from a middle of the road scanner and a HIGH quality printer than the other way around.

Oh, I would not even consider a sheet feed scanner, but select a platen model instead. I have a feed model and I wish I had spent the incremental $$$ in the beginning and gotten the Platen mdl.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-choose-a-top-grade-scanner.311173/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I upgraded my machine a couple of weeks ago. Its been a bit glitch and I'v traced it down to my new 1 X SDRAM 256 P133.

Windows carshed periodicaly when I install something, run a high membory requirment program, and when I run some programs I get a message saying xxx.dill missing.

However when I pop my old ram in 156 RAM P133, my machine workes fine.

The BIOS detects the new SDRAM, and there are no gliches in pre windows including windows and drivers instilations, though if I do this in windos it can crash.

The motherboard is "American Megatrends"

A friend sujested my jumpers need tweeking, would this be one of the posible problems.

If this is so does anyone know any sites that that have nice big simple pictures of how to do this?

A:Life after... a SDRAM up grade

You don't say what your original memory is, pc100 or pc133???

Depends on the motherboard, some motherboards just don't like pc133 memory,

Or it could be a bad memory chip

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/life-after-a-sdram-up-grade.71542/
Relevancy 41.71%

I've recently done an Upgrade from Win7 to Win10 and all seems to be working ok, apart it seems to be slower than Win7.

Read that this could be do the Upgrade rather than a clean install.

As I've already done a backup on a ext.Drive. And if I did I clean install. Would I need any key code to input during the install, as i dont have any as my Win7 was installed by HP and have a 'D:' Recovery partition.

But if I did this, would I really see and improvement over what I have now.

thanks

A:Up-Grade or Clean-install

If you have activated Windows 10 once, then on subsequent installs you can click 'skip' on the pages that asks for a Product Key and it will still activate OK, because MS remembers your PC as having been activated on Win 10 before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/up-grade-or-clean-install.1157087/
Relevancy 41.71%

This is typical of the web cam I have in mind.

I plan to use this as for surveillance; but, I want better picture quality than I have seen in most surveillance tapes. I want to be able to recognize the face of someone 20 feet away in open-shade daylight. Has anyone used these $200+/- web cams who can tell me about picture quality?

If anyone can offer info about difficulty or ease of setup, how well these things work or don't work, reliability or lack of and whether it would be a good or poor surveillance tool, I would appreciate the input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-a-somewhat-higher-grade-web-cam.510801/
Relevancy 41.71%

I would appreciate any assistance At the moment I am on holiday in cyprus and am trying to sort out my fatherinlaws laptop It is a Hi-Grade notbook L chip and about gig HD It is Phoenix notbook xp Hi-grade woes bios ver The problem is that it was working ok on win se but was a pain for his digital photos I got him xp pro and he had a friend on the Island try to install it The guy is a Hi-grade notbook xp woes proper Tec who knows what he is doing but said that the machine is basically an Acer and the problem is that the modem is onboard and will not work with xp and drivers do not exist He has upgraded to xp on fat but admits the machine needs wiping and a clean boot on NTFS as the reg is full of dlls Anyway is sthi all correct can I wipe it and just get an external modem He basically only wants to send some emails and store his pics I think that I will aslo need to swop in a cd burner to allow him to backup his pics I have very little experience with notebooks and any assistance would be appreciated It has taken about hours of chashes and lockups to just make this post nbsp

A:Hi-grade notbook xp woes

Sorry for the crappy spellings etc but its a race to retype and post before it dies on me.
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hi-grade-notbook-xp-woes.7019/
Relevancy 41.71%

i need drivers at the minimum ethernet or wireless driver

A:Hi Grade 760s drivers

Need more information, please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-grade-760s-drivers.907751/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello HP Support. I have spent now 3 days trying to find the latest firmware for Samsung MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 aka HP P/N: 742038-002 Samsung PM851 Model: MZ-7TE2560 Which is an OEM of the Samsung Evo 840The latest firmware would address the write slow issue.The current firmware on the SSD is: F/W: EXT09H0QWhat I need is the tool or the software to update the SSD to: F/W: EXT0DB6QAnd the Samsung Firmware update image and tool doens't detect the OEM drive.Scouring the donwload section of HP support doesn't show the firmware update tool. HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 HP P/N: 742038-002P/N MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 Samsung PM851 2.5" 256GB SSDModel: MZ-7TE2560   

A:Samsung MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 aka HP P/N: 742038-002 Samsung PM...

@StevenKhieu? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Samsung-MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1-aka-HP-P-N-742038-002-Samsung/td-p/5712829
Relevancy 41.28%

CLONE FAIL FAIL FAIL So I have a Haswell i rig GTX with Platinum PSU etc etc W Pro and a few other W PC s I tried the clone op with also and on the SSD to clone in question it is a Samsung EVO Gb SSD It seems to work perfect But its getting near full ish Gb spare so I bought a Samsung EVO VNAND Gb twice the capacity and thought an easy clone was in store I also have some additional drives I have just disconnected for the Clone op as the Samsung clone software was being stupid trying to get me to clone my documents drive to my new SSD With or without the other drives connected it FAILS FAILS FAILS So when I try to clone It SSD CLONE SAMSUNG Fails every SSD to PC FAIL Samsung on gets CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC to about cloned and then fails Time after time Recent ERROR MESSAGE is - quot Failed to retrieve source information bc quot I tried to clone the SSD to SSD on a CLONE machine Box A FAIL I tried to clone using Macrium Reflect A FAIL I tried to clone using EASEUS A CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC FAIL I tried them all a few times including the SAMSUNG CLONE Software FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL What am I doing wrong Is there a problem with the Gb SSD I don t know about I am using this PC with it in now Or will a SAMSUNG EVO not clone to a SAMSUNG CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC VNAND Do I have to try everything including disabling features such as RAPID MODE And Disable Performance and everything Or what I have been a dozen hours trying to do this simple task P S I tired to contact SAMSUNG but as I bought the SSD s from Amazon their help website gives me the brush off And I dont want to send them back as they both work I installed a bare W onto the VNAND and it ran great But I have thousands of files and links to the other hard drives and programs etc etc etc and it would take me a month of part-time work to get them all linked properly so I PREFER To CLONE It should be easy so

A:CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC

Create a recovery CD with Macrium(Win PE Rescue), back up your current SSD to an external HDD, install 500GB SSD and boot with rescue CD( Win PE) and restore the image from the back up with Macrium Reflect.
Or
Try this utility, I have cloned with this a while ago: AOMEI Windows Backup, Cloning, and Recovery Software

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/61716-clone-fail-samsung-ssd-samsung-ssd-fails-every-pc.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have both Linux and Windows Vista installed on my notebook. Today when I turned it on I accidentally chose "Samsung Recovery" instead of "Windows Vista" in GRUB. After Samsung Recovery has loaded, I quit it and the computer shut off. I turned it on again and now it doesn't make it to the GRUB, it shows the Samsung logo, then "boot from ahci cd-rom", and then it reboots and shows the samsung logo again. I can enter BIOS (F2), but can't enter Samsung Recovery (F4) anymore (after showing "please wait..." the computer reboots again). I tried setting the BIOS back to default but it didn't help. Any input would be much appreciated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-r620-stuck-on-samsung-logo.1132150/
Relevancy 41.28%

Help just got few questions to ask if lenovo idea pad s100 is capable to upgrade from win 7 to win 8......thanks

A:can i up grade lenovo ideapad s100 from win 7 to 8...

Dear Customer

Welcome in lenovo forums

Unfortunately such kind of models are not upgradable to windows 8 , also there is no related drivers related on lenovo support

Thanks
Alaa

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/can-i-up-grade-lenovo-ideapad-s100-from-win-7-to-8/td-p/1232925
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Guys,

I work for a small outsourced IT firm that manages 50+ small to large businesses and have been tasked with finding a suitable malware prevention solution that will fit the needs of most of our customers.
For the magority of our customers we've deployed AVG CloudCare / AVG Internet Security Business Edition on PC's and servers. On their servers we deploy the free virsion of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Anti-Ransomware but we're still concerned for their securitydue to the growing demand of Ransomware and other threats.

If there are any of you that also manages IT security, what solutions do you tend to deploy?

We're currently looking into Symantec's Endpoint Protection and WatchGuard Firewall's Advanced Security features but was wondering if you'd recommend anything better?

A:Business Grade Security Question

Well, Sophos Endpoint Protection and Symantec Endpoint Protection are the most popular, but my knowledge on endpoint solutions is limited so I can't offer much advice.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/business-grade-security-question.57515/
Relevancy 41.28%

call me cheap if you want im still on dial-up we dont have a good dsl provider. i up-graded to vista and now when someone calls and im on the net the phone will ring and boot me off the net. this never happened till up-grade and my wife takes tests on the net and doesn't need to get kicked off. how do i eliminate this problem.

A:Solved: getting the boot after vista up-grade

Look in your modem options. Chances are that all you need to do is add the code at the begining of your dialup number that temporarily disables call-waiting. It varies according to location. Whatever the code in your area, add it to the beginning and then put in a pause or 2 so the line will accept the change before the dialing begins. For example:

*70,,<your ISP's number>

If you have any program that allows "modem-on-hold", i.e., allows you to temporarily use the telephone without disconnecting the modem, then disable that program.

And, if you have a progressive and modern ISP that supports the V92 protocol, then you may need to send a command to your modem to use V90 instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-getting-the-boot-after-vista-up-grade.647928/
Relevancy 41.28%

I would like to upgrade XP Home SP2 to Pro with retaining datas in the harddrive (in-place upgrade), but could not ; I get this error message upon setup of Pro CD: "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is newer than the version on the CD".

In the past, I just installed Home because I had no knowkledge about computer at that time, but now I need Pro for its security feature unavailable in Home.

I would really appreciate if you would teach me a method for the in-place upgrade.

Thank you for your time and assistance for me!

A:How to grade to XP Pro? (from XP Home; unusual situation)

Hi Helpneeded, does the XP Pro cd contain SP2?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-grade-to-xp-pro-from-xp-home-unusual-situation-119176.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Tekram p5t30-b4 mb that is supposed to support 256Mb of ram, but will not boot up with more than 32 Mb installed. It will detect the ram, detect my HDD, detect my CD-ROM, and go no further. The local shop had no answer. I contacted Tekram 3 weeks ago and am still waiting for a reply. I could really use some help here, as 32 Mb is too slow and i cant afford a new system. thanks in advance for any guidance !

A:cant up grade tekram mainboard memory

Well the only thing it says is to use only dimms with dimms, can't mix edo and dimms and only supports up to 128meg chips 60 or 70ns. Make sure you are using only dimms with the correct speed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-up-grade-tekram-mainboard-memory.35370/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi All,
I picked up a formatted Hi-Grade Notino R5400S pretty cheap for my daughter to use and to be fair it has been excellent for an older machine. Runs XP fine without any problems. I went to Hi Grade website and installed all the drivers without issue except one - the Quick Start Buttons (4 on the front left hand edge of the laptop). The driver didn't recognise the hardware. I was wondering if anyone had a spare R5400(S) driver/installation disk for these buttons (QSB) as these are all that prevents this tough goldien oldie from being complete.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-grade-notino-r5400s-drivers.999143/
Relevancy 41.28%

What's a max replacement CPU upgrade for my Compaq Presario 700 CM2130? Also I would like to install the max RAM and Hard Drive. This old computer is in perfect condition, and I keep it in the garage to look up information as I am working on things.The computer is now running mobile AMD Athlon (tm) 4 1500+1.29 GHz240 MB of RAMmessage edited by wfoltz

A:up-grade my old Compaq Presario 700 CM2130

You need more RAM. WInXP requires at least 512MB. I wouldn't recommend spending any cash upgrading the CPU even if you could. Use that laptop to log onto the crucial.com site and use their online tools to determine if you can upgrade the RAM.You could get an external hard drive to use for more storage space if needed. Most run off a USB port.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/upgrade-my-old-compaq-presario-700-cm2130/203174.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all,

I have a HI-Grade r5400 Laptop which keeps turning off - I am pritty sure its overheating, as I get a wift of the burning smell every so often.

Sometimes it wont turn on, if you leave it for a while it will turn on - after 8-10 seconds it turns off.

I've opened it up and cleared all the dust off the fans, the fans seem to work fine.

I could try a different fan - I am struggling to find parts for this make and model online though.
Any one have any suggestions?

Cheers

A:Hi-Grade r5400 Laptop overheating

Make sure it's getting enough air. Many laptop users make the mistake of smothering the poor thing in blankets or a pillow when they use it. Did you remove the memory cover and clean that area? Did you take off the shell and clean the CPU? An overheated CPU sounds like the culprit here. Make sure you screwed the CPU fan/heat sink onto the bracket properly if you dismounted it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-grade-r5400-laptop-overheating.704349/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I have got a problem with my laptop It is made by Hi-Grade and the model number is M S running Windows Vista It is only just over a year old but for some reason when I Solved: down!! itself M760S Shuts Hi-Grade am browsing the net any site the laptop will just switch off completely It did this again Solved: Hi-Grade M760S Shuts itself down!! this morning so I turned it back on and got as far as the welcome screen where you put your password in so put p w in and then it just shut itself down again Then I ran it in safe mode and it started fine so I restarted yet again and started it normally and so far so good Does anybody know what may be causing this it has happened a few times now and is not good when I am using it to do work as I keep losing info Any help would be much appreciated Thank you Also when it is not plugged into the wall mains adapter the power does not last minutes even when it is saying battery full and sometimes when plugging it in it will make a popping sound as if there is a dodgy connection - Again any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Hi-Grade M760S Shuts itself down!!

but for some reason when I am browsing the net (any site) the laptop will just switch off completely. Click to expand...

It maybe overheating
try cleaning out the vents
use compressed air
or
i use a vacuum cleaner - but that does produce a lot of static and may damage the laptop

Then I ran it in safe mode, and it started fine, so I restarted yet again, and started it normally, and so far so good.Click to expand...

it may be worth restoring to a date when it worked fine
start > programs ? accesories > system tools >system restore

Also when it is not plugged into the wall (mains adapter) the power does not last 5 minutes, even when it is saying battery full, and sometimes when plugging it in it will make a 'popping sound' as if there is a dodgy connection. Click to expand...

sounds like a faulty battery - usually last longer than a year - but it may need replacing - did you only have 1 year warranty

all my adapters popp - if i connect the mains lead into the adapter - is this what you mean ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hi-grade-m760s-shuts-itself-down.900468/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi was wanting to know what kind of graphics card a need for my packard bell istart 1369
Name - Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

GPU - RC410

Technology - 130nm

BIOS Version - VER008.0501.043.000 (RS400/RC410)

Memory type - SDR

BUS Width - 256 Bit

Memory Size - 64mb

Please bare in mind im a total novice

I went and got an ASUS V1088 at pc world the guy said it should work, but it doesent seem to when i installed it and turned on the computer all the computer did was make a clicking noise and the noise was coming from the cd player

Relevancy 41.28%

I've been rebuilding a Hi-Grade Notino R5400 laptop with XP SP2 . The only problem I've got seems to with the onboard sound card.

In device manager, there are four 'Other devices' shown with problems. These are

Multimedia Audio Controller
PCI Simple Communications Controller
Unknown Device
Unknown Device

I've tried letting the system reinstall the drivers, including letting the system connect to the internet. It seems to find driver related to Via AC97 audio but then the systems crashes and need a total rebuild.

What I need to know is how to identify the 'Other devices' and how to load the drivers without a total crash and rebuild.

any help gratfully recieved.

A:Sound on Hi-Grade Notino R5400

ftp://ftp.higrade.com/ is the download site for Hi-grade. Try there first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-on-hi-grade-notino-r5400.284530/
Relevancy 41.28%

Brand/Model: Intel(r) 82810 Graphics Controller 4.12.01.2586
The above is from pcpitstop's analyzing my computer. What is it exactly? Is this my graphics card? also,anything i can do to improve it including removing it for something newer?

the following information was also listed:
Colors 65,636
DirectX version 4.08.01.0881
OpenGL version 4.00

thanks

A:Learning about Video Cards,GRADE 1

To answer your question.....

Yes, this is your graphics card.
The Intel(r) 82810 Graphics Controller is a onboard video that's built onto the motherboard.

the following information was also listed:
Colors 65,636
DirectX version 4.08.01.0881
OpenGL version 4.00

Your system is set to display 65,636 colors.
Direct X and Open GL are drivers for improved graphic capabilities.

Hope that helps out!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/learning-about-video-cards-grade-1.125942/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi:

My friend just got a new gateway using XP with the latest version of MMJ, it is very user unfriendly, he is trying to burn a CD using it, and having nothing but problems.
I have ME on my computer with MMJ that is about 2 years old, but I love it, it is the best and easy to use.

My question:: would it be possible to e-mail him my version of MMJ, and put it on his machine, would I have to uninstall his version first? or is it possible to have both at the same time?

If this is possible I could solve his problems quickly.

If it is possible to give him mine, please tell me how it can be done.

Thanks.....Gene

A:Down grade music match jukebox

They've got some of the older versions over at Oldversion.com I'd uninstall the newer one he's running now and then install the older one you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/down-grade-music-match-jukebox.125243/
Relevancy 41.28%

How do I go about Up grading my video card in this notebook I want the highest card with power that it can handle Model Q dv t- Product WH AV Bought on May - - Product Name my notebook grade How card this in to video up HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC In How to up grade my video card in this notebook this shipment EA WM AV HPPaviliondv tEntertainmentPCQuadEdition TRACKING NUMBER SERIAL NUMBER CNF G EA DC AV EA KL AV ABA EA KT AV EA NQ AV EA NQ AV EA NQ AV EA NQ AV EA NQ AV EA VG AV EA VG AV EA VP AV EA W AV ABA EA W AV ABA EA WH AV EA WM AV EA WM AV ABA HP Home amp Home Office Store Insert Microsoft R Works How to up grade my video card in this notebook No TV Tuner w remote control lntel R How to up grade my video card in this notebook Core TM i - QM GHz MB L Cch HD High-DefHPLEDBrightView x GB RPMSATADualHardDrive GBx Cell Lithium Ion Battery No Modem Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth GB DDR System Memory Dimm Blu-Ray -R RW with SuperMuIti SystemRecoveryDVDWindows HomePremium Genuine Windows Home Premium -bit GB Nvidia GeForce GT M ForBrightViewlnfinity Wbcm FingerprtRdr HP Color Matching Keyboard nbsp

A:How to up grade my video card in this notebook

It's a standard mid-range consumer laptop. You can't upgrade the graphics.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-up-grade-my-video-card-in-this-notebook.1044117/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I have a Hi-Grade VA d well it s a friends really that seems up Basic locks Vista Hi-Grade to freeze up all i o ports including keyboard mousepad usb etc at random intervals For example when it freezes I can t get a response from the integrated buttons for WIFI on off etc if I plug a Hi-Grade Vista Basic locks up USB device in there s no response my kensignton key blinks it s light for a second then nothing I can only power down the machine by holding the power button I have checked through event viewer system logs etc etc but none show any error immediately before the unexpected shutdown event I ve read the massive thread on TechNet and the only thing I see that may be relevant is installing the latest Intel Matrix Storage Driver but I have no idea if that s relevant for the machine as the forum seems mainly to do with Dell desktops Someone with a laptop mentions disabling superfetch again as I run XP I m not familiar with this and how to disable what it does If anyone can suggest any ideas for resolving this I d be greatful Specs Processor Intel Celeron Mobile Ghz Mem Mb Chipset VIA VN HDD Gb rpm SATA Thanks Dan T nbsp

A:Hi-Grade Vista Basic locks up

OMG this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. A Celeron processor with 512 meg ram and a Via chipset. Sorry that is "computer Hell". Cpu with no cache, under powered for memory and the worst chipset in existance. I would bet bet on Vista bootup is a struggle alone.
They need to max the ram, 4 gb if possible and then kill Uac (Users in Control panel), notification of same to "don't" in Security Center Control Panel, disable Windows Defender in Control Panel, Admin Tools, Services and then uninstall any Norton, MacAfee or Pc Cillan software onboard and use Avira free antivirus and Superantispyware or Malwarebuytes for spyware control.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-grade-vista-basic-locks-up.798397/
Relevancy 41.28%

hello all.
I want to upgrade my os .XP pro from XP home. I still want to use the programs and applications from XP home.Anybody know how please help.Thanks

A:Up grade xp professional from xp home edition

Welcome to TSG....

First thing is to backup all of the important data (Not Programs) to another media like CD-R's, DVD or thumb drive. Then using the Windows XP upgrade disk making sure you have the legal key code for this disk just insert the disk in the CD-ROM drive and follow the prompts and if anything goes wrong call Microsoft or post back here with the error message and write it down.

This article may help read it first all the way thru and f you want to print it out for reference.\\

How to perform an in-place upgrade (re installation) of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/up-grade-xp-professional-from-xp-home-edition.563810/
Relevancy 41.28%

A8N32-SLI Motherboard
512mb Nvidia GeForce 7900 Videocard
2gb Corsair Ram (2 sticks)
4800+ Dual Core Processor

When I power on the computer, it gives two short "humming" noises and then one long beep followed by three shorter beeps. After that, everything seems to power on properly, except I get no video.

This scenario happens now that I have removed all of the LED fans.

Before that, it would refuse to boot up to the beeping stage.

It took close to 8 tries, after I removed the fans, to get the computer to functionally boot.

All that I'm describing has happened in the last few hours. Before that, there would be occasional hang ups, but everything ran exceptionally fine.

Please help, I sincerely need this computer to work in the next day.

As always, I truly appreciate all attempts to assist.

A:Dire need of professional grade assistance.

Dos Beep Codes

I remembered something briefly in a class I took years ago, about Dos Beep codes. I reviewed a chart on some obscure website and all of the different codes I've been recieveing point back to the videocard occassionally including the system memory as a lesser potential culprit.

Maybe twice out of the bajillion times I've tried to start this computer up did I get the dreaded continuous beep pointing at my powersupply.

Could those have been flukes? What should I do to troubleshoot the actual problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dire-need-of-professional-grade-assistance.57101/
Relevancy 41.28%

Upated my phone this morning and it has not worked since. The phone comes on but does not recognize my sim card anymore. IT was working fine before I let it update. Is there a way to have MSoft send a new update to fix this problem> Or does Microsoft need to replace my phone for screwing it up. I am disabled and have no other phone so I am in a pickle if I need medical care.

A:I have the Nokia Lumina 640 LTE with the windows 10 up grade.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Upated my phone this morning and it has not worked since. The phone comes on but does not recognize my sim card anymore. IT was working fine before I let it update. Is there a way to have MSoft send a new update to fix this problem> Or does Microsoft need to replace my phone for screwing it up. I am disabled and have no other phone so I am in a pickle if I need medical care. join out forums and let us know whether are you a insider or not?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439610-i-have-nokia-lumina-640-lte-windows-10-up-grade.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, When running upgrade to windows 10 i am getting a domai error and a display isn't compatible error.i see other people having issue with this modle when windows is installed, has anything changed?i have tried updating the display drivers.Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-elitebook-840-g1-notbook-windows-10-up-grade-problems/td-p/5651226
Relevancy 40.85%

I am looking at this as a laptop for a grade school student who wants to do homework surfing and play flash online games nbsp http www bestbuy com site lenovo-n - - -laptop-intel-celeron- gb-memory- gb-solid-state-drive-b nbsp Being very pleasantly surprised by how much I like the laptop in my sig I'm shopping just for Lenovo This grade school as Lenovo laptop student's N22 a one I linked to seems rather cheap in terms of price to me nbsp I realize a celeron is not the fastest chip around but it has an SSD nbsp Is this an incredibly good deal for what I'm getting Or is that just the going rate---not like I have to snap it up now nbsp Should I be leery of these smaller its actually a tad lighter than the Macbook air laptops or the N series in general nbsp EDIT OK just realized its not an SSD---its flash memory Never bought a laptop with that Is this a red flag ThinkPad Edge E AMD A - GHz quad core gigs RAM

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-N22-as-a-grade-school-student-s-laptop/td-p/3337919