Windows Support Forum

HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

Q: HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 81.84%

Hello I m not Works Connect Won't Ethernet Wireless sure if this is in the right place but here goes Yesterday the wireless was going slow so I Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect accessed the router and changed the WPA Pre-Shared Key to something more complex and difficult to guess After that it would still connect to wireless but it wouldn t load pages quickly or at all Then it stopped connecting to my wireless network altogether I m writing this post with my Ethernet cable plugged in and it works perfectly fine I ran Windows troubleshooter while still able to connect to wireless Results were that the problem had something to do with Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect the DNS Server Since then I ve tried winsock fix flushdns ipconfig in cmd resetting the wireless WPA Pre-Shared Key back to the original changing the Preferred and Alternate DNS servers powering off my Thomson router I ve tried to cmd - ipconfig release renew but it says the media is disconnected and it can t perform that operation Any help would be great -Scott nbsp

A:Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect

How far is the computer from the router? Are there any walls,floors it has to go thru?
Personally, I'd stick with the ethernet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-wont-connect.193718/
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi, I'm a forum virgin so please be gentle with me.

I have a desktop and laptop sharing files and an internet connection via modem to D-Link router setup.

My laptop connects to the network via a Netgear PCMCIA wireless card when mobile and via an ethernet cable when sitting on the desk.

The wireless connection does everything it's supposed to do (network and internet access and sharing).

The ethernet connection only shares files but can not get an internet connection to be established.

I have Norton Internet Security but I think everything's alright with that otherwise I wouldn't be able to connect wirelessly. Correct? Are there different IP setup's for wireless/ethernet.

Why can I 'see' my desktop's files and share the printer via ethernet but I can't establish an internet connection unless I go wireless?

Everything's fine with the desktop.

Sorry for the ramble and thanks in anticipation.

A:Wireless fully works, Ethernet works for network but not for internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-fully-works-ethernet-works-for-network-but-not-for-internet.642157/
Relevancy 110.94%

i used to be able to access the internet directly via a direct ethernet connection but now my only option appears to be the wireless network connection i don't recall when exactly the local area connection connect works via but not ethernet connection cable can wireless disappeared but the wireless is too slow amp unreliable i really would appreciate any assistance figuring out how to connect to the internet directly again i'm running windows xp home edition version wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable with service pack on a emachine desktop i have a netgear wireless pci adapter for wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable the wireless i tested the cable on another pc so i know the cable amp the ethernet connection work when i plug teh cable into my pc shouldn't a local area connection option appear on my network connections i believe i used to wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable be able to choose between wireless amp local are connection but not all i get is wireless network connection i ran ipconfig all this i what i got C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DA -Bloomfield Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description NETGEAR WG g Wireless PCI A dapter Physical Address - - B- - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday October AM Lease Expires Thursday October A M any help would be appreciated dB

A:wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable

I have no idea about your level of knowledge but I thought I'd let you know what I would do to investigate the problem....

Right click My Network places from the desktop or go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, Network Connections.

Here you should see you LAN and Wireless Connections. Make sure the LAN connection is not disabled. Right click, properties, select Internet Protocol in the box and set everything to automatic; obtain IP and DNS automatically, assuming you have a DHCP server on the network. The router perhaps? If not then manually enter the IP, subnet mask (probably 255.255.255.0) and the gateway ip. Set the Primary DNS address to the same as the gateway again, assuming the router is configured to get it's DNS address from your ISP. Click Advanced and set Enable NetBIOS over TCIP in the WINS tab.

Also check in Device Manager that your Network Card (NIC) is available, enabled and working.

Once the ethernet cable is attached, you should at least be able to ipconfig and see the LAN connection. If you can try to ping the router:
ping 192.168.1.1
You should get 4 replies if all is well.
Then try to ping an external address:
ping www.google.co.uk
again, you should 4 replies.

I know this is fairly detailed help but that would be a good start to investigate your issue.

Good luck...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-works-but-can-not-connect-via-ethernet-cable-422128.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi guys - setting up computers in my new home and have got the wifi working fine with my BT connect wifi Router to Ethernet Cannot via BTHub3 but Wireless works - Home Hub router works for laptops mobile devices etc Have been trying to connect via Ethernet for a laptop and home pc for a faster more reliable connection but it doesn't seem to be working When plugged in the Network and Sharing Centre simply displays the loading blue circle with 'identifying' but no network access When clicking on the Local Area Connection Status both IPv and IPv connectivity state no network access but I can't seem to find Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works any hardware problems on the laptop The same issue occurs for other laptops at home and I know my laptop works with Ethernet at work Running ipconfig all shows that DHCP is enabled I checked this on the properties tab for the IPvs autoconfiguration is enabled I can add in a copy and paste of the whole ipconfig all if that's helpful - 'media disconnected' shows for Tunnel adapters but I don't really understand what they are If anyone could help at all I'd be really grateful

A:Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works

Could be that the router is only set to wifi.
go to your router setting page open it (192.168.0.1) check the settings there,
password is probably admin if you havn't changed it, please do change it if you havn't.

Or plan B reset the router

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377034-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-bthub3-wireless-router-but-wifi-works.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I've got a Dell Vostro 1500 notebook running Windows XP SP3 without any major problems. I access the internet using A modem connected to the router for wireless access.

I've recently procured a 100 metre ethernet cable and decided to make use of it, but discovered that I couldn't connect to the internet while I was connected to the router (similar results with connecting directly to the modem itself). I've connected other Laptops to it, and seems to work perfectly, which indicates it's the computer.

What I've tried till now
Opened Device manager and checked if the network adapter was active. It wasn't for some reason, but i've just enabled it and it says that i'm connected but without any result.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is!

Hoping someone on here can help!

Daytripper

A:[SOLVED] Cannot connect to Internet using Ethernet (Wireless works flawlessly)

In Device Manager, click "show hidden devices". There are hidden devices & drivers necessary for Internet connection. Check that they are working and not flagged.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cannot-connect-to-internet-using-ethernet-wireless-works-flawlessly-332553.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hi On my laptop I can connect works, does not. Wireless works Ethernet devices. connection other Wireless for via ethernet however I cannot connect via wifi Wireless works for my phone so it looks my laptop is messed Ethernet connection works, Wireless does not. Wireless works for other devices. up somewhere I just did a full windows update and restart and it changed nothing Here is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ben Ethernet connection works, Wireless does not. Wireless works for other devices. Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List twmi rr com Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address A- - F- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Ethernet connection works, Wireless does not. Wireless works for other devices. Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix twmi rr com Description Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address B - -E -B - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d b c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday June PM Lease Expires Monday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CE-C - -B - -E -B - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Qualcomm Atheros AR BWB Wireless Net rk Adapter Physical Address B - - F- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb b f fffc Pref red Link-local IPv Address fe b f fffc Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CE-C - -B - -E -B - - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap twmi rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix twmi rr com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Ethernet connection works, Wireless does not. Wireless works for other devices.

Depending on the computer, there are two things I'd suggest you check on:

1.  Some computers (like my told Toshiba), has a slide switch on it, that physically turns off the Wi-Fi.
2.  My newer computer has a key combo that does that.  In this case Fn+F12.

Best of luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536388/ethernet-connection-works-wireless-does-not-wireless-works-for-other-devices/
Relevancy 99.33%

Can someone help? This started acting up around 1:30pm (February 3rd) at school. Everything works with a Live CD (Ubuntu 8.0.4) and nicely with Safe Mode Networking and a System restore.

I tried uninstalling my drivers and updating them and it didn't help. Any other options?

Laptop specs (Inspiron 1520) :

Core 2 Duo T7200
160GB HDD 7200RPM Sata
Intel Wireless Pro a/b/g (I think it was 395 or something)
10/100Mbit NIC
8600M GT 256MB
And of course Windows XP Pro SP3

This was working fine before Tuesday and then it just decides to bug me.

HELP? Need this working for school.

Relevancy 95.89%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 94.17%

We purchased a new Dell Inspiron laptop running XP Our wireless network worked with our other laptop which is long gone but I can t get this computer to connect wirelessly I can connect if I works but ethernet can't wirelessly, connect system using m plugged in via an ethernet cord from the router to the laptop I ve disconnected all encryption in trying to can't connect wirelessly, but system works using ethernet solve the problem but to no avail We use a Westell DSL modem and a Netgear Wireless router I ve included the ipconfig information below Thank you in advance for your assistance C Documents and Settings Kelly gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PACK Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List junebug Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix junebug Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -A -F -BB Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - E- C- -AA-E nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

Hello I have been having a problem with my ethernet work but wireless not. It basically says acquiring IP address then says limited connectivity. Im using a Dell Vostro 1520 laptop and a dlink router. Thanks for your help.

A:Ethernet works but wireless does not

Check.
You have no conflicting wireless managers installed try using only the Windows built in tool
Remove any unneeded wireless networks from your system.
Remove and re add your network back in, ensure all settings are configured correctly. Connect firstly with the cable and note down everything exactly. i.e. SSID, Security type, encryption type, security key.
If it still dosent work look into updating or rolling back the drivers for your wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-works-but-wireless-does-not.1047064/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

A:Ethernet won't connect to router, wifi works fine

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I have this major issue with my MSN messenger (on my PC) whenever I connect it to a ethernet switch so I could use it (my PC) with my Laptop, so together both have internet connection.. my MSN messenger works fine and it could sign in easily, but when I disconnect my ethernet switch and connect to just my modem, my MSN messenger says it could not connect to the internet or that there's no internet connection where there is! (I forgot which error code but its well known, I've searched before and it said it could be the anti-virus etc but I have no problems with my anti-virus and programs it monitors). Anyone know how to stop this stupid silly error with Live Messenger?

A:Live Messenger works when I connect it to a Ethernet switch?

Can you ping google.com once you use the modem? You might not be authenticating to the WWW properly and Msn is blinded with connectivity by the modem being unable to do so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/live-messenger-works-when-i-connect-it-to-a-ethernet-switch.133035/
Relevancy 93.31%

We are having some concerning issues with our modem. Our wireless works perfectly, all our phones connect as well as our roommate's laptop. Yet, the two devices we have connected to our modem cannot connect to the Internet via ethernet without having to reboot the modem. It's really bizarre.

The computer runs on Windows 7 and the other device is our Xbox One. Both have issues connecting to the Internet without rebooting the modem. It has been weeks of this!

Our Internet is provided by Mediacom in Central Illinois.

We've tried un hooking the ethernet cables, no luck. Switched out the cables, no luck. The only thing that works is rebooting the modem.

A:Wireless works, but ethernet doesn't! Help!

It sounds like it maybe an issue with the modem/router , as it happens on two devices with two different cables - that would be my suspicion

Will Mediacom replace the modem for you ?

Once you have rebooted the modem, I assume the devices work fine from then on ?
why are you reconnecting devices to the LAN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-works-but-ethernet-doesnt-help.1144897/
Relevancy 93.31%

Greetings Our home school s having trouble attaching a wireless router to my XP PC s ethernet port Our donated vintage Macs and XP machines are tied to the internet via a cable box s wireless router Works just fine Now I wish to boost the signal to a building beyond the local area by attaching a wireless router to a Dell running XP This router Wireless Works But On Ethernet On Mac XP Can't Router s IP is ON and OFF and I ve spent hours with the Connection Wizard thing on XP trying to create a ethernet path to the router but I can t find a configuration that states an ethernet path or channel The modem lights normally and other machines can pick up and connect with its signal but there s no real transmission the receiver machines getting Firefox can t find the server at http Can't Ethernet Wireless Router On XP But Works On Mac www acorn com Check the address for typing errors such as ww example com instead of http www example com If you are unable to load any pages check your computer s network connection If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web Ironically the router works just great on the Macs which has both Can't Ethernet Wireless Router On XP But Works On Mac Airport on to receive signals from a cable TV wireless router and also has its shared Ethernet connection on and the ethernet side requires no IP configuration like it seems you must on the XP s internet connection page The router in question just plugs in the Mac and transmits just fine I would use the Mac for this purpose but I really wish to use the Dell The Dell s current network configuration after many trials Wireless Connection LAN High Speed Internet Connected Firewalled n USB Wireless LAN Card IP Subspace Net No Default Gateway Sent Received DELL Limited or No Connectivity IP Subnet Mask Sent Received MAC Config Airport DHCP IP Router Ethernet DHCP With Without Manual Address IP Oddly the Mac s Network panel states quot The cable for built-in ethernet is connected but your computer does not have an IP address and cannot connect the internet quot Yet it does Any assistance would truly be appreciated Jim in NYC nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-ethernet-wireless-router-on-xp-but-works-on-mac.1056345/
Relevancy 93.31%

Since changing ISP s my wireless works fine but ethernet Wireless error works but my ethernet does not I get Unidentified Network no internet access I believe this is due to the DHCp or DNS server problems Any help would be much appreciated Wireless works but ethernet error Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users buzze gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DESKTOP-NQ DP D Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - F- - - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address BC- F-F -FC-DF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bd f ecf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- C- - E-BC- F-F -FC-DF- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CU Wireless LAN n US B Network Adapter Physical Address - F- - - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address fdf e f c a a b a P referred Temporary IPv Address fdf e f c a bdff b e da P referred Link-local IPv Address fe a b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday November AM Lease Expires Tuesday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- C- - E-BC- F-F -FC-DF- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F B DA - C - E E- A -FC D B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B A DD -DB - D -B E-A C C FDD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users buzze gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DESKTOP-NQ DP D Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - F- - - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address BC- F-F -FC-DF- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bd f ecf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- C- - E-BC- F-F -FC-DF- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CU Wireless LAN n US B Network Adapter Physical Address - F- - - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address fdf e f c a a b a P referred Temporary IPv Address fdf e f c a bdff b e da P referred Link-local IPv Address fe a b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday November AM Lease Expires Tuesday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- C- - E-BC- F-F -FC-DF- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F B DA - C - E E- A -FC D B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Loc... Read more

A:Wireless works but ethernet error

do a tcp/ip reset
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Windows + X Keys together and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
Or Right click on the windows icon - bottom left hand side - A menuu appears - choose Command Prompt (Admin)​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen )​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This error will occur with windows 8 and windows 10 , so ignore.

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-works-but-ethernet-error.1159107/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 with Windows XP purchased nine months ago. Both the wireless (Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter) and ethernet (Broadcom NetLink Fast Ethernet) were working perfectly until two days ago. I have been unable to repair the ethernet. My ISP provider had me check ipconfig/all and concluded that I had a faulty network card, but I wonder if there could be something amiss with the configuration. Please help me out! p.s. I may have been guilty of having both wireless and ethernet enabled at the same time.

Relevancy 93.31%

I had wireless internet with AT&T and everything was fine. Today I switched to Bright House and my laptop will not connect wirelessly to the router. I am able to use the ethernet cord to connect and my mobile devices connect to the wireless network with no problem. Please help ! My computer is an Acer and is operating on Windows 7

A:Ethernet works, wireless doesn't

Hey Ashp10. You had AT&T as your ISP, but now you are using Bright House, correct?. Did you have your own router when with AT&T or were you using a combo modem/router provided by them. How about with Bright House, are you using a box provided by them or are you using your own router?.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-doesnt.197034/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello all just joined first post here I m having ethernet works, doesn't.... Wireless major network connection issues This one Wireless works, ethernet doesn't.... is baffleing and that s putting it simple I m not computer illiterate by any means Wireless works, ethernet doesn't.... and I don t consider myself a newbie either With that said however I m no guru but do know my stuff somewhat Here s my dilemna and I d like to go ahead and thank you all for you help ahead of time I m running a Windows Vista desktop and laptop There s internet sharing via Netgear Wireless G router WGR and ISP is Comcast Wireless seems to be fine however ethernet is acting up I ll try simplifying this possibly by listing my observations -Wireless is fine -Modem to router via ethernet which is really weird is fine Router shows it s receiving a connection and it no doubt is as the router s broadcasting wireless signals and strong ones at that -Laptop and Xbox pick up strong wirless signals extremely well and perform as such The laptop surfs the net without any latency same goes for the Xbox online gaming In games where your connection strength is displayed Call of Duty multiplayer the bars are all filled denoting max signal reception Here s where the problem really lies -Can t connect desktop or laptop with wi-fi capability off via ethernet through any of the router s four LAN ports -Can t connect via ethernet DIRECTLY from modem to desktop or laptop -In case of faulty ethernet cable from router to desktop or router to laptop I swapped out another ethernet cable Questions to self are -If it were faulty ethernet cables then the router wouldn t display internet status and neither would the router be able to transmit wireless signals strong ones at that since afterall the router is receiving it s internet feed from the modem via ethernet cable -Why aren t desktop and laptop able to connect to internet via ethernet directly from modem yet the router s able to connect and even relay that signal via wireless -Where possibly can the problem lie desktop laptop router or modem Perplexing to say the least at least as far as I m concerned nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

Hi,

I am having a problem where I am unable to connect to the net by ethernet cable but my wireless works. When I tried to repair my 1394 net adapter it says that it cannot be repaired because TCP/IP is not enabled -- it is however checked in the properties.

I have tried the following:
1) Turning the model on/off
2) ipconfig release...renew
3) Checked for viruses/spyware etc.
4) Uninstalled and reinstalled 1394
5) System restore from when it was working (a few days ago)
6) Winsock fix

None of these options has resolved the problem. Any ideas???? Thanks!

Relevancy 92.02%

Firstly Hello internet ethernet, No with wireless access but works sevenforums It seems there are many others with this problem but none of the solutions seem to work for me yet I have a Motorola sb cable modem connected to a nameless mbps Ethernet switch and then a PC connected with an ethernet cable to the switch and No internet access with ethernet, but wireless works an Apple Airport express station also connected to the switch The PC can access the modem homepage at but no internet An apple laptop connected with wireless to the airport can connect to the internet just fine although a bit slow Disconnecting the airport's ethernet connection and connecting it directly to the Apple laptop displays the same symptoms as the ethernet connected No internet access with ethernet, but wireless works PC No internet Modem home page accessable Apple laptop connected directly to Modem cannot connect No internet access with ethernet, but wireless works to modem home page or internet PC can't reach a direct connection The PC has auto IP and DNS turned on DHCP Here is the PC's ipconfig all dump Code C Users Soup gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Blubox Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - A- D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd d dad d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E - B- C- - A- D- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap AC CAC-FD - F -A F -A E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And ipconfig renew log Code C Users Soup gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to con tact your DHCP server Request has timed out An error occurred while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The sy stem cannot find the file specified The modem manual says that quot Autoconfiguration IPv Address quot suggests a problem between the PC and the router but I am not sure what I would gladly appreciate any help Thanks -Soup

A:No internet access with ethernet, but wireless works

See here for a similar problem currently being worked on: Unidentified network problem again

Look at my post near the end, see if setting up a static IP address works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/128887-no-internet-access-ethernet-but-wireless-works.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi Earlier today my wireless connection suddenly stopped working If I plug an ethernet cable into my computer I can still get online so it isn t a Solved: Ethernet Works, Wireless Doesn't problem with my router When I try to connect wirelessly I can see the network But when I try to connect it says quot Windows was unable to connect to linksys quot This is what I get when I type ipconfig all in command prompt without ethernet cable in Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users FirstLast gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name FirstLast-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media Solved: Ethernet Works, Wireless Doesn't disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -A -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -A -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific Solved: Ethernet Works, Wireless Doesn't DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address -A -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address A -B -CC- - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -A -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - - E -B E - EBD FDFC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C D D-D B - - A -EC D B DE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B B- DF- F F- B-D A AA D B A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ma comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EAA DB -FA - - BD-D DE D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users FirstLast gt This is what I get when I type ipconfig all in command prompt with ethernet cable in Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users FirstLast gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name FirstLast-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ma comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -A -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media... Read more

A:Solved: Ethernet Works, Wireless Doesn't

can we see an xirrus screen shot - see below

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

also do a tcp/ip reset - see below

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do no... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-works-wireless-doesnt.1105688/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi I ve been connecting my laptop running windows to the internet via a wireless router TP-LINK s TL-WR N for quite some time Now I m Wireless ethernet doesn't but Solved: works trying to do Solved: Wireless works but ethernet doesn't so via an Ethernet cable connected to the router but I ve tried with two different Ethernet cables and neither work Sometimes the internet connection status will initially say connected but when I try to access a webpage I get the error DNS PROBE FINISHED BAD CONFIG on chrome then the connection status changes to limited I can connect to the internet via Ethernet cable at work I used to have a static IP reserved for my laptop but then removed it to see if that would make the Ethernet connection work it didn t I have also reset the modem run troubleshooting reset my laptop numerous times and run ipconfig release renew I also changed the name of the router then changed it back and re-input the password Partway while trying these things my laptop changed from identifying the connection as Wire name of my router to calling it unidentified network no internet access My Lumia windows phone also became unable to connect to the router it says Wire is not responding Can anyone help me with solving either of these problems regarding my laptop and phone Ipconfig all run when connecting my laptop to the router via Ethernet cable with wireless disabled Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Myrtle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Myrtle Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address FA- - - E- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address F - - - E- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless-N Physical Address F - - - E- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C - - -B - D- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc c f ca f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Thursday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- F- -AD-C - - -B - D- B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A - F - -B -B ACD E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Myrtle gt For reference this is my ipconfig all run when connected via wireless Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Myrtle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Myrtle Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address FA- - - E- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address F - - - E- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter W... Read more

Relevancy 92.02%

I'm sure this has been asked times but I cannot seem to find my exact issue anywhere Hopefully this helps myself and anyone who runs into this issue To start I have Windows Professional bit Everything worked fine with absolutly no issue and then I moved Now Ethernet=No But Internet Works Fine Wireless we have Ethernet=No Internet But Wireless Works Fine Fios instead of Comcast Now to the issue When I have the ethernet connected I cannot get internet access but I have full network access I went out and purchased a new wirless card and wirless works just fine I tested different cables recrimped both of them and nothing I have activity on the PC and the Router so I am sure they are good I have tried everything I have read online Updated Realtek Family PCI Ethernet drivers from MSIglobal Disabled Enabled ipconfig flushdns release and renew I went as far as Backing up and reformating the Hard Drive and before reinstalling the backup I tested it and nothing Restored my backup file and yep nothing Its kind of frustrating I'm not exactly and expert but i am in no way a novice either This one has me stumped Im thinking maybe it is a windows service that is not set to start correctly but I figured I would creat a post while I am at work and maybe have and answer to test before I hunt through the services tonight Any advice is greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Ethernet=No Internet But Wireless Works Fine

This sounds more like a router problem to me. Have you tried resetting your router then using the ipconfig /all command?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86411-ethernet-no-internet-but-wireless-works-fine.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi all First of all I want to thank you guys in advance for putting your time and effort to solve my issue any Ethernet fine, works Wireless doesn't answer would be grateful to me My internet provider is At amp t and as I mentioned Wireless works fine, Ethernet doesn't in the title wireless internet works perfectly fine but Ethernet connection doesn t work on my desktop Currently I am using wireless adapter on my PC and it works just fine I tried disabling the wireless connection resetting the modem re installing the Ethernet driver and anything I can think of The odd thing is that my brother used Ethernet connection just fine with his desktop about three weeks ago with same router and same cable So I am assuming that my computer is the one with the problem but I can t figure it out why I m going to try out the different cable tomorrow but I highly doubt it will fix my problem Help me guys If you need Wireless works fine, Ethernet doesn't any other information ask away I will give it to you as much as I can Attachment file is my network and sharing center status unidentified network is my ethernet connection Here is my ipconfig all result Windows IP Configuration Host Name Junbum-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List attlocal net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC- F-F - - E-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ef ea Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C-B - D-E -F - A- - D- - D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter VPN - VPN Client Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VPN Client Adapter - VPN Physical Address -AC- -E -D -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix attlocal net Description TP-LINK Mbps Wireless N Adapter Physical Address F - A- - D- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a f e c be cb Preferred Temporary IPv Address a f a a a fc b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e c be cb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday April AM Lease Expires Saturday April AM Default Gateway fe ff fe DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled nbsp

A:Wireless works fine, Ethernet doesn't

Odds are that the NIC has failed.

Another low possibility (in addition to cable and router LAN port) are the PC's firewall or security suite misconfigured or corrupted.

Another thing to try: in Device Manager right click on the ethernet - Properties - Advanced tab - for the 'Speed & Duplex' property try different values beginning with '100 Mbps full duplex' and '10 Mbps full duplex.'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-works-fine-ethernet-doesnt.1146347/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello. My problem is this. My desktop for some reason can't connect to Ethernet, but it still can connect to the wireless connection(Wifi). I have no idea why this is and it's getting really annoying.

Thanks to any one who could offer a fix

A:No internet connection form Ethernet while Wireless works.

Sorry to bother you guys the problem has been solved!
I've been restarting my router wrong all this time :/

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58686-no-internet-connection-form-ethernet-while-wireless-works.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Recently I performed a reinstallation of windows on my laptop. Normally I had no problems with the wireless, but after the reinstallation my laptop refuses to acknowledge that there are wireless networks. When I'm not connected to the internet, it asks to connect using a wire connection only.

I have a Dell Inspiron iM101z running Windows 7 Home Premium, and I downloaded all the drivers for what the Dell website told me my laptop model was, a Dell Inspiron 1121. Attached is a picture showing the oddities of my problem. The icon on the taskbar shows that I have to connect with an ethernet cord; no wireless icon is shown.

If I try to unplug the ethernet cable and connect to the internet, I only get the option to do a broadband connection. Also, once I unplug the cable, I get "no connections available."

A:Laptop refuses to detect anything wireless, ethernet works fine

Most likely this is still a driver problem.

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

Or, http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...&advsrch=False

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242262-laptop-refuses-detect-anything-wireless-ethernet-works-fine.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello,

Yesterday, my internet through wireless stopped working all of a sudden. It was working good till I closed my pc and went out for a few hours. When I returned and tried to access, it simply does not connect. I get an error saying "Windows was unable to connect to abcd (router name)". I tried to plug it into the router through ethernet and it works perfectly.

I have tried to uninstall the wireless adapter and the lan adapter as well. I have tried it in safe mode. I have tried to delete the network also but now that left me with inputting the password everytime I want to connect.

I am living in a student accomodation with 6 more people and all of them's is working good. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate Edition on Dell Studio 1555. The router is a Netgear one for the Virgin Media Superhub.

Thanks a lot

Relevancy 90.3%

Hello My name is Vladan and I have had a problem occur yesterday My internet stopped working I immediately tried my phone s wireless connection and saw that it was working fine so I tried laptop wireless and it too was working When I plug works Network stopped troubleshoot Ethernet working,Wireless in my network cable it stops working My ethernet internet connection status shows that Ipv and Ipv have quot no internet accsess Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works quot It s not just my laptop s wired internet that stopped working it s Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works the whole network I have in my apartment consisting of two more computers who also lost their wired-ethernet internet accsess I suspect something is wrong with my router since it relays my internet but wireless works fine so I m stumped When I plug in my cable it shows limited connectivity I have tried ipconfig release - renew I have tried netsh Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works winsock reset and netsh int ip reset log txt I have tried netsh winsock reset catalog also I tried netsh int ipv reset reset log and it said the following Resetting Interface OK Resetting Neighbor OK Resetting Path OK Resetting failed Accsess is denied Resetting OK Restart the computer to complete this action I don t know what is this quot failed and accsess is denied quot but it might be the problem I have rebooted my router several times but also with no results I have checked DHCP settings for both router and laptop adapter and it all checks out I have check IP filtering and MAC filtering on router and it all looks fine I use no firewall nor could that explain the whole network of no wired internet The only thing I haven t tried is MS fixit tool should I I don t think that would work since it s the entire wired network that is the problem My router is Cisco EPC EuroDocsis If you need any further information I can provide I have some IT and Network background so I can follow some advanced instructions How can I define the problem and how can I resolve this issue Any help or assitance would be greatly appreciated I have reposted this with some added info and because I used the wrong social tag in my previous post since it was my first Thanks in advance VladanHello My name is Vladan and I have had a problem occur yesterday My internet stopped working I immediately tried my phone s wireless connection and saw that it was working fine so I tried laptop wireless and it too was working When I plug in my network cable it stops working My ethernet internet connection status shows that Ipv and Ipv have quot no internet accsess quot It s not just my laptop s wired internet that stopped working it s the whole network I have in my apartment consisting of two more computers who also lost their wired-ethernet internet accsess I suspect something is wrong with my router since it relays my internet but wireless works fine so I m stumped When I plug in my cable it shows limited connectivity I have tried ipconfig release - renew I have tried netsh winsock reset and netsh int ip reset log txt I have tried netsh winsock reset catalog also I tried netsh int ipv reset reset log and it said the following Resetting Interface OK Resetting Neighbor OK Resetting Path OK Resetting failed Accsess is denied Resetting OK Restart the computer to complete this action I don t know what is this quot failed and accsess is denied quot but it might be the problem I have rebooted my router several times but also with no results I have checked DHCP settings for both router and laptop adapter and it all checks out I have check IP filtering and MAC filtering on router and it all looks fine I use no firewall nor could that explain the whole network of no wired internet The only thing I haven t tried is MS fixit tool should I I don t think that would work since it s the entire wired network that is the problem My router is Cisco EPC EuroDocsis If you need ... Read more

A:Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-troubleshoot-ethernet-stopped-working-wireless-works.1155132/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello I ve been having internet issues on my HP Pavilion dv The wired connection to my modem comes up as unidentified This happens spontaneously either while it s been working or upon log in I want Ethernet connection Vista: works unidentified, Solved: wireless to fix this Solved: Vista: Ethernet connection unidentified, wireless works problem permanently if possible I ve tried many solutions to no avail but I m thinking if I want this problem fixed to run through them all again Open to anything that s had any success rate regarding this problem Thanks Windows IP Configuration Host Name LAPTOP-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter VirtualBox Host-Only Network Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Broadcom a b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -AE-AB- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday May PM Lease Expires Tuesday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - B- -A - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - CA - AD-AD E- C C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - CA - AD-AD E- C C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - CA - AD-AD E- C C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi There I recently moved house and got Virgin internet not wireless All Wifi ethernet Intel works and working, PC phones does. other with a new router modem I have an oldish laptop whose wireless has always worked Since setting everything up with the new router the wireless doesn t work When plugging in the ethernet cable everything is fine I know it isn t the router as I have a mac Intel Wifi not working, ethernet does. All other phones and PC wireless works and a bunch of iphones and ipads hooked up I have googled this to death and updated all the drivers of the laptop restarted the wifi card updated everything I could on this laptop and I still can t figure out why the wifi wont connect I hope that you can help Details are below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU U GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire T Antivirus Sophos Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled Ip Config file Run without the Ethernet cable plugged in Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jo-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - E- - -DC-EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - F- -B - E-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E E -E D- F E- EE- E AF EBD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F F A- A - FB-ABE - AF E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Intel Wifi not working, ethernet does. All other phones and PC wireless works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-wifi-not-working-ethernet-does-all-other-phones-and-pc-wireless-works.1106926/
Relevancy 90.3%

Last week or so we had a storm and devices got unplugged Internet service was out briefly Wireless internet came back shortly after but my desktop and our PS both can't connect to the internet via ethernet and I can't figure out why I've done the usual stuff power cycle tried out other ethernet cords etc Comcast has said that it's not on their end and our wireless signal is fine so we're clearly getting signal through the modem and out through the router My desktop is plugged into a different modem but also won't connect to the one attached to the router A hard reset of the modem didn't help whether through the button or through the configuration settings My desktop is claiming that there's no ethernet cable plugged in though there definitely is I'd suspect a broken port if the PS weren't having the same issue I've tried a few things on the desktop including installing the most recent drivers for the network adapter rolling back the driver disabling renabling and just deleting it devices via not internet multiple ethernet connecting works, Wireless and let it reinstall one on Wireless internet works, multiple devices not connecting via ethernet restart and trying to reset the IP stack I'm posting links to screenshots of some of the command prompt commands I've tried and the results They vary a little bit I've gone into the registry to enable some permissions after access was denied Any ideas you can send my way are greatly appreciated http i imgur com kK y mE png http i imgur com lVWm png Link to my computer model http www newegg com Product Produc E My modem is a Netgear cm Currently all of the lights save the ethernet light are solid green

A:Wireless internet works, multiple devices not connecting via ethernet

Welcome to the forum on a none working of from a CNC prompt type ipconfig /all. Then tracert 294.119.131.66 post both results

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62089-wireless-internet-works-multiple-devices-not-connecting-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I have a Dell Studio with Vista and Wifi capability I ve had the computer for a year and a half and I ve never ethernet wirelessly, connect Solved: Wifi working, suddenly but wont stopped works had a major problem with wireless connection before Any problem has been purely because of a low connection strength or because I was in a classroom I m a college student in which multiple people were trying to Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works connect at once Eventually it always worked I was home for the weekend and connected to my primary wireless connection and all of a sudden I lost connection and could not reconnect I tried restarting and shutting off both the computer and wireless router I tried resetting the wireless router I tried turning on and off the Wifi button on my computer Still cannot connect I plugged in an ethernet cable into my internet directly from the router and it runs fine that is how I am on the internet on my laptop at the moment I will not always have access to an ethernet cable when I go back to school later today and I have a project I need to research so I m kind of in a rush to get this figured out Also it s just so much easier connecting wireless and obviously I d like this fixed Anyway I read up on other people s similar problem and I don t know if I changed something or messed up but now whenever i click to view Wireless Connections the router for my house has a red x next to it and says quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot Even before it said that I could not connect And it used to have full signal strength It would say it can t connect and I could either view other connections and or try again or diagnose the problem If hit to view others I would try again to no avail If I hit diagnose it would say that there may be a problem with the wireless internet or something like that and then there would be three options two of them to plug in set up a LAN connection and a third to quot view troubleshooting for low wireless connections quot but I ve tried the last option before and all of those steps even though I know the connection is strength I know a little about computers but not a lot especially with internet connections If you need me to find out any information or post anything else that would help let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated I really need this fixed ASAP so please let me know Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-wont-connect-wirelessly-but-ethernet-works.883599/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello and hopefully someone can help me out I am running a Dell computer using Windows XP A few days ago my mother-n-law got a virus on our computer by clicking on spam e-mails I figured out how to get rid of the virus but I think I made something happen where the PC will not connect to the internet I have it connected to a Netgear Router Now the Router is fine I Connect Works but Router Works, Won't PC Internet can access the internet off of my laptop with no issues When I try the PC I can t access the net When I go to Control Panel - Network Connections - Local Area Connection - Support Tab Router Works, Internet Works but PC Won't Connect my computer doesn t have an IP Address I ve tried getting into the Router using but the computer won t let me I m not sure where to go from here I ve tried calling Tech Support but they couldn t help me Hopefully you guys can help me out with this one Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

I just bought an Acer Timeline 1830T-6651. It can "see" my home network (Netgear wireless G-router WGR614), but cannot connect and Windows wireless troubleshooting doesn't find any solutions to the problem. It connects easily to wireless networks in hotels.

I'm new to Windows 7 Home Premium, so finding diagostics is very difficult.

Any suggestions, please ? Thanks.

Relevancy 87.72%

I had problems with 2nd hard drive. Used Norton Disk Doctor. Other spyware. Ran Trend Micro spyware remover. Ran Panda Software Activescan. Now IE explorer on Win98SE won't work with Hawking USB wireless adapter. It will work with dialup.

The wireless was just changed from NetGear B adapter to Hawking g adapter. But that had been working well for several days.

IE gives error at bottom that mentions SHDOCLC.DLL error.

I tried to download SHDOCLC.DLL and have a new copy on desktop. Is that's what's wrong.

A:IE won't connect with wireless to DSL/dialup works

One thing at a time.....

1) What is the problem with the 2nd hard drive?

2) For your wireless issue, try uninstalling and re-installing the wireless card. May need to reset the router as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-wont-connect-with-wireless-to-dsl-dialup-works-68199.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Dear Tech Support Guy I ve got a problem at my girlfriends home she has both a laptop and a desktop and always had to work with a LAN cable and switch it from the one computer to the other to get internet access So I decided to remove the switch that was there and install a wireless router Sitecom N which obviously still has the -LAN ports and a fifth where Can't connect Solved: LAN while wireless, works. to the internet comes in Connecting with a LAN cable to the router works and I can get access to the router s IP-address but when trying to connect to wireless it asks for the WPA key Solved: Can't connect to wireless, while LAN works. and I fill it in but then gives an error saying quot Can t connect to wireless network network Solved: Can't connect to wireless, while LAN works. name here quot This is translated from Dutch to English so it might be a bit different on an English computer I ve tried alot of different stuff to solve this problem searched the internet tried there stuff nothing worked so that s why I came to you guys hopefully you guys can help me Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Can't connect to wireless, while LAN works.

Disable encryption and MAC Address filtering on the router and try to connect that way. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-wireless-while-lan-works.1021416/
Relevancy 86.86%

Internet on A Compaq PC through the despised Time Warner has worked marginally for years About months ago installed a Netgear WNR cable modem by wireless can't works connect to internet but cable PC which also worked fine when TW s signal worked We thought apparently incorrectly it was the cable from the cable modem About a week ago the PC internet stopped working TW s PC can't connect to internet by cable but wireless works technician came this morning and fooled around and states that the problem is in the PC As part of that process he installed a new cable modem which someone clueless like me would think was PC can't connect to internet by cable but wireless works not necessary since wireless was working but perhaps he thought the port was bad and a new cable to the PC The computer used XP Home SP ver There is no firewall Tc PIP is set to identify signals automatically Windows Firewall is off Device Manager claims that the adapters are working properly The Network adaptor incidentally is REaltek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC For quite some time the ethernet card on this PC has been nonfunctioning however USB works as verified by usb cables being plugged in and the computer trying to install new hardware and the printer working For quite some time also even when it was functioning the toolbar icon for the network has been Xd out with the message quot Local Area Connection A network cable is unplugged quot It gives that reading now but again gave it before even when the internet was working I read your old post from Paranoid and tried the ping suggestions but could not get the readout of the IPCONFIG all to stay put long enough to either read or copy -Oh Wait - went to the command prompt and did it - please see below Any thoughts of why the PC is now not being seen by Time Warner according to the Time Warner tech and why it is not recognizing the internet QQQQ PING Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable PING yahoo com blank command window opens and then closes in about one second NBTSTAT -n blank command window opens and then closes in about one second IPCONFIG ALL host name your-sx x sefxo Primary Dos Suffix Mode type Hybrid IP routing Enabled NO WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local ARea Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - B- - - nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

iPhones iPad and laptop can all connect through the wireless router but our desktop PC cannot When diagnosing the problem I get the message quot Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource DNS server is not responding quot In addition to other similar threads I've read our PC cannot find the local printer it is connected to either I have - recycled the cable modem Comcast - reconfigured the wireless router and restarted - disabled IPv - ensured IPv is set to obtain IP address cannot network works connect to internet but Wireless LAN automatically have also tried specifying DNS address to be the same as the router - tried the flushdns release renew sequence from a command prompt - made sure the DNS in ipconfig is the same as the router IP and - uninstalled McAfee - turned off Windows firewall - restarted in safe mode and Wireless network works but LAN cannot connect to internet run Malwarebytes and SpyBot - turned off all sharing in the advanced sharing settings - removed programs like Apple's Bonjour that I had read could mess up network settings - tried to find drivers to reinstall for the NIC card for the LAN Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet but ours appears to be old enough that Broadcom no longer lists the correct driver as an option in their directory None of this has worked In the last few weeks doing a system restore from a previous point worked to fix the problem but when Windows would download updates year old user that forgot to choose not to download updates upon exiting the problems would start up again Now there is no restore point far enough back to have this solution work This makes me think it's a Windows security update issue Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Wireless network works but LAN cannot connect to internet

The McAfee problem is old news around here. It needs to be removed as per the link below if you want the problem to be fixed.

I might as well post the link again for the millionth time.
http://us.mcafee.com/root/fix.html?eolexm=vste

If you are still having problems please post the ipconfig/all from this machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267183-wireless-network-works-but-lan-cannot-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I dont remember this much trouble before.

I have been connected via wireless due to i needed the lan for another comp.

It has been hooked up to lan before.

The other comp isn't using the lan so i went to plug in my old vista.

Now it wont get on the internet.

It can see the other computers connected but it can't network to them....it can just see them.

The lan is enabled. But it says limited access if that means anything.

In order to use the internet i must use my wireless.

My Vista has never failed to fail yet

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Here is a new one wireless works fine will lan wont connect

you got teamviewer? I have an idea but I dont know how to explain it

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283503-here-new-one-wireless-works-fine-will-lan-wont-connect.html
Relevancy 86%

I bought a Belkin G Wireless Router about 8 months back.

Starting a few weeks ago, I've had to set a static IP address to my recently built computer (sitting at 192.168.2.10 right now) for it to not disconnect every few minutes.

I then noticed that no wireless devices (tested with 2 Laptops and Ipod Touch) could connect. If I restarted the router and did NOT connect anything to it, it would connect with local access only. If I attempt to set the router up using the CD that came with the packaging, it claims it cannot connect to the internet, and then proceeds to actually kick me off the net.

Does anyone have any clue what coulda caused this?

As far as I know, I've not changed anything.

A:Cannot connect to Wireless, but wired works fine, with kinks

Which OS? Is the NIC adapter (USB, PCI, PC-Card Bus, miniPCI (onboard))

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-but-wired-works-fine-with-kinks.150288/
Relevancy 86%

Hey all, I am currently unable to connect to the internet via a cable. Wireless works just fine but my computer does not even recognize a ethernet cable is plugged in.
I am using Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop.

Update: I just tried repairing it via Windows Network Diagnostics and it says "Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists. A cable is not plugged into the network adapter 'Local Area Connection'."
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 86%

Hey!

So I bought a D-Link DIR-615.

All other computers work fine on the router.

Wireless doesn't work on my laptop - if I plug it in it works.
I can see and connect to the wireless account - however, once connected to the Internet, Internet doesn't actually work??

All other computers / wireless devices work on this network, and my laptop works on any other wireless network.

I've checked firewall settings, that isn't the problem ...
The fact that the laptop works on other networks leads me to think it isn't a program stopping it from working properly, or it would act up on all networks, right?

Can't figure out why

I attached an ipconfig

I'm running on Win7

I also attached a picture of my network hardware
(I think my wireless card is the Intel N - 1030)
Thank you!!!

A:1 of 3 computers cannot connect to home wireless (but works on other networks)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-of-3-computers-cannot-connect-to-home-wireless-but-works-on-other-networks.1046370/
Relevancy 86%

All of my wireless devices are able to connect to my wifi but my desktop computer which is a wired connection gives me Error 1068: Dependency service or group failed to start.

In ipconfig/all I show: IP routing enabled:no wins proxy enabled: no and the default gateway address is blank.

I have Windows 7 64x and my ISP is AT&T Uverse and they say my gateway should be plug and play.

I saw this post http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1053204-wins-proxy-ip-routing-not.html and I tried everything listed but no luck.

I also tried everything that was detailed in the following post : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...pendency/7963d72a-5d73-44fe-8316-058c46235737 (Yes I did backup the registry first)

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

Relevancy 86%

Hey!

So I bought a D-Link DIR-615.

All other computers work fine on the router.

Wireless doesn't work on my laptop - if I plug it in it works.
I can see and connect to the wireless account - however, once connected to the Internet, Internet doesn't actually work??

All other computers / wireless devices work on this network, and my laptop works on any other wireless network.

I've checked firewall settings, that isn't the problem ...
The fact that the laptop works on other networks leads me to think it isn't a program stopping it from working properly, or it would act up on all networks, right?

Can't figure out why

Thank you!!!

A:1 of 3 computers cannot connect to home wireless (but works on other networks)

Get an ipconfig and post it in the networking forum.
State your hardware and OS as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-of-3-computers-cannot-connect-to-home-wireless-but-works-on-other-networks.1046350/
Relevancy 84.71%

My desktop windows ultimate bit has been able to connect fine to the to works modem/internet wireless via lan but Unable fine connect to internet until I got home from work this morning My laptop is connecting to the same modem fine through wireless along with my wii The modem I am using is Motorola SB When I rightclick my connection on my desktop and hit troubleshoot problems I get 'local area connection doesn't have a valid ip configuration' Same thing happens when I switch the ethernet cord to local area connection When I go to control panel network and internet network and sharing the connection map at the top stops between my pc and the network which is now labeled as 'unidentified network' Here is a list of what I have done so far to try and resolve the issue Replaced the ethernet cord with one I know is working Full scanned my pc for viruses Disabled all firewalls and virus protection programs Restored my pc to a previous save state Reset winsock with cmd via these prompts netsh winsock reset catalog Unable to connect to modem/internet via lan but wireless works fine and netsh int ip reset reset log hit This attempt is unfinished as I am getting stuck I am attempting to setup a static ip to attempt to resolve the issue but when I open cmd and type ipconfig all the default gateway under my local area connection is completely blank Here is what comes up with ipconfig all C Users Paul gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Paul-PC Unable to connect to modem/internet via lan but wireless works fine Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - -F - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E - B-A - - - -F - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - -F Unable to connect to modem/internet via lan but wireless works fine - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EF C- EEA- - F F- B CFBA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EA A - C A- E D-B F- FCBC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Paul gt Powercycled modem pc and every device that connects to my modem via wireless Any help towards this issue would be great Can't seem to find anything useful googling my issues Extra info that may be helpful Anti virus is Microsoft Security Essentials Going into device manager and checking under network adapters there are no issues showing for my network adapters

A:Unable to connect to modem/internet via lan but wireless works fine

if it helps, here is the ipconfig/all for the laptop that is working on the same modem:

C:\Users\Triple P>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : TripleP-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1E-37-B9-EC-37
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8101E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern
et NIC (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1E-68-2A-28-99

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1A-73-FE-61-DB
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::dd07:1c93:ce1c:88d4%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.12(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 12:54:46 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:24:48 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 184556147
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-13-28-71-A3-00-1E-68-2A-28-99

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 97.64.168.12
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{478BD5DF-C2B1-43FC-B52C-DC3C0DEFC2B2}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #4

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:953c:34b2:38c2:cdaf:db2b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::34b2:38c2:cdaf:db2b%19(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\Triple P>

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267573-unable-connect-modem-internet-via-lan-but-wireless-works-fine.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 83.42%

This is a strange problem. I have been using my Toshiba Satellite M45 Notebook (XP Home SP2) for about 3 months using the wireless connection. works fine. I believe the Ethernet wired connection worked when I bought it too but I can't remember.

Recently, I tried to connect to the internet using regular wired Ethernet on my home network using Internet Explorer (IE).

IE will only connect to 2 pages. Google and Toshibadirect.com. Everything else times out.

I tried Mozilla Firefox with the exact same results.

When connected via the wire, I can ping to any web site I want, Yahoo, etc and get a response... but not their website.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

Relevancy 81.7%

I have a Win system Everything was working until a few days ago and then the Ethernet connection stopped The activity LEDs work but the Ethernet will not connect The Wifi works fine through the same router as the Ethernet is plugged into Here is what I did so far Rebooted PC full power cycle Rebooted router MSCONFIG to disable all unknown services and apps Replaced Ethernet cable Tried a different on Unidentified works fine - Ethernet Network Windows Wifi 7 - port Confirmed Ethernet driver is latest version Deleted Ethernet driver anyway and reinstalled Reset IP Stack Set TCP IPv to static IP and defined the DNS server Confirmed the adapter's advanced settings were Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine correct Connected to a USB Ethernet adapter that I know works and has worked before on Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine this PC Nothing I did in the above list worked - Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine Ethernet does not connect The activity LEDs are working The Network Connections shows a plugged-in Ethernet as an Unidentified Network Here is the IPCONFIG ALL Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name London Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- -D -B - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc a ea c d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-E - C- -D -B - -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASIX AX A USB to Fast Ethernet Ada pter Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address BC- - -CE-CA- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December- - PM Lease Expires December- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-E - C- -D -B - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address BC- - -CE-CA- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F BE -BD - D - E - E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E F A - C - C- DE- A DDA FFD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I am a total loss I thought it was a hardware problem at first but the fact that it does not work on a USB Ethernet adapter tells me the problem lies somewhere in Windows Any help is appreciated Konacq

A:Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine

What router is it and have you tried plugging your modem into the pc it self to after rebooting both devices sans router? Could your router have like enabled mac filtering perhaps?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387345-windows-7-unidentified-network-ethernet-wifi-works-fine.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello
My lenovo laptop b575e keyboard dont works, it works only in bios and linux systems. External usb keyboard works well in all places. In the past i  have worked on all versions of windows and several linuxes, and keyboard working well from windowsXP
trough Windows10. I see this problem after last windows10 threshold update.
I have tried to reinstall system with complete hd format, but keyboard dont works.

In bios keyboard working well, when i run from HirensBoot disc   on from  cdBootable miniLinux keyboard works, but when i run mini windows xp from this bootable cd keyboard stops his work.

I have tried to uninstall hd from motherboard, and have changed ram but dont works too.
can anybody help me?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb47c2a6-d21c-4c23-8d67-b1f508d0f658/lenovo-b575e-laptop-keyboard-dont-works-only-on-windows-os-in-the-past-it-works?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 80.84%

Looking for the best solution to get a miracast receiver on my tv Looking for something that natively support project my screen I windows that also projects sound and allows works good desktop miracast 10 reciever that with for Looking windows ethernet extended for extended mode as opposed to being limited to mirror I know most are wifi only so if there are any recommendations of ones that work well that would be helpful too I am looking for one that uses Ethernet as I know latency is much better over hardwire connection I will be connecting Looking for good ethernet miracast reciever that works with windows 10 extended desktop wirelessly from my devices I have used an older Roku in the past which worked well with my windows phone But I never tested it with a windows pc and I'm not sure if it supports extended mode I would hope that this feature may have been improved upon on Looking for good ethernet miracast reciever that works with windows 10 extended desktop newer Roku models I believe the amazon fire may also offer miracast capabilities Not sure if they are limited to mirroring Looking for a budget friendly option I have an xbox already so I don't necessarily need something with all of the apps If it only did miracast that would be fine Lastly I have apple devices in my home Anything that supports both miracast and airplay natively would be a huge plus From my research this seems to be impossible to find Anything that claims to work for both environments usually requires some software download like airparrot Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks everyone

A:Looking for good ethernet miracast reciever that works with windows 10 extended desktop

I'm confused...if you need an ethernet cable miracast adapter, doesn't that defeat the purpose? Why not just use an actual video cable? Wouldn't both devices have to be hooked up to an ethernet cable for this to work?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/441786-looking-good-ethernet-miracast-reciever-works-windows-10-extended-desktop.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am trying to set up a new Thinkpad laptop to work on Works, Connection Doesn't Wireless Connection Ethernet my HOME workgroup and Wireless Connection Works, Ethernet Connection Doesn't on a new OFFICE workgroup I have used the HOME workgroup for many years with many computers without a problem but this is the first time I have needed to set up two networks and a laptop that works on both I got a new Thinkpad and rented a new office at the same time - big mistake - I am trying to configure the laptop to belong to the OFFICE workgroup but have access to computers shared devices from the HOME workgroup when I am on the home network and of course share the Internet connection on both networks - Both networks have a Wireless Router with firewall - the one at HOME is a Linksys - the one at the OFFICE is a Netgear - Because of the firewall in the router I have turned off Windows Firewall although interestingly it seems to turn on by itself quite often on the Thinkpad - another issue i need to get to the bottom of - HOME network is cable cable modem OFFICE is a T- - I am trying to use IBM s quot Access Connections quot tool to create two network profiles so that I can easily switch from OFFICE to HOME The HOME wifi is unsecured while the office is WEP Both the wired ethernet and wireless connections work fine at the office but at home the wired connection cannot renew the IP address and so IBM Access Connections automatically fires up the wireless radio and is only able to connect that way The Local Connection at home shows in the system tray with a quot quot and a tooltip status of quot Limited or no connectivity quot When I click on the quot Local Area Connection quot myself via Network Places and click Repair it gets stuck in the same place - trying to renew the IP address - and I get this message Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address For assistance contact the person who manages your network and since the person who manages my network is me I m not much help So I am assuming it is something to do with DHCP but I can t figure out why it works one place and not the other I have tried recreating both networks via the quot Set up a Home Office Network quot wizard and have even switched the Thinkpad back and forth between workgroups to try to get a configuration that works - but to no avail Any advice would be greatly appreciated Geoff nbsp

A:Wireless Connection Works, Ethernet Connection Doesn't

Check the cable, that's the most likely suspect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-works-ethernet-connection-doesnt.427555/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi guys, New here, hope you can help me and in turn I can help someone someday. OK so ive got a Pavillon detachable X2, which got a bit close to the cooker and the rear got singed. I rescued it just in time, smoke was coming off the back but other than that just a wrinkled rear.The issue is that the laptop got warped so it does'nt fit the keyboard without a little wiggle. How do you split the screen from the rear housing so I can heat it up again and bend it back, using a heat gun? kind regards  Richard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-X2-heat-damage-still-works-great-but/td-p/5717018
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi there I did a quick search of the forum and found nothing on way?! Ethernet one works this problem so I m posting and apologies pleads newb to forum if there is a thread on this I have a thomson speedtouch v router connected to the internet I have connections to the router My pc asus motherboard amd Ethernet works one way?! ghz equivalent gb ram ati radeon mb ram is one of them Previously my pc used to have a working ethernet connection to the router to access the internet now attempted to install zone alarm running at the time was symantec and windows defender with firewall enabled while it was installing true vector service kept having an error so i kept ignore closing the error window and it kept popping up then the installation just went cold on me restarted comp ethernet connection would connect I could send data packets but I can t recieve a single byte Ethernet works one way?! of data thought could be cable problem but already tested that by connect another pc to the router I m using fixed DNS i e i assigned it on my own and its been working that way for a year opposite of dynamic assigned by router DNS kind of thing enabled dhcp by configuring options to allow ip address to be assigned by router then Ethernet works one way?! it gets worse my connection has limited connectivity and still nothing recieved but still can send My pings get sent but no reply recieved wanted to uninstall zone alarm but it wasn t there but i found some of the dlls installed and running so i forced closed them using task manager and deleted them some woudln t close so ran under safe mode with networking to remove them before removing them i checked that my connection still couldn t work i e still the same problem and removed them and tried again both under safe with networking and normal and still zip i also used easycleaner to clear my registry of entries that point to files no longer there and removed those associated to the best of my computing knowledge which isn t a lot with zonealarm mostly truevector service dlls help I called the router support company and told them my story and they said it could be that my software for the ethernet is corrupted possible which file is the file i need to replace additional problem i know not related but in case anyone suggested that can t seem to use system restore to just before or even way before installing zone alarm even though it has of my gb harddrive keeps saying that it can t restore after the restart and says that it hasn t changed anything Many thanks to anyone who can even send me in the right direction and apologies for the extremely long post just pre-empting any questions that might come my way thank you again nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

I recently installed windows 7 on my desktop and whenever I try to connect to my network I cannot. I found out since the last drivers were of Xp it wouldn't work. So what wireless adapters are good, and can work on windows 7?
Thanks

Relevancy 76.11%

I have an Alienware m15x running windows 7 64bit and recently reinstalled to try and improve performance. I installed using the cd, and then used the resource cd to install any drivers. Everything on the disk was installed, but I still can't connect to any wireless networks. Troubleshooting either says there are no networks available, or that I need to connect an ethernet cord.

I downloaded all drivers from the alienware and dell sites, and sill nothing.

When I open device manager, I have a yellow exclamation point next to "Network Controller". it is listed in device manager as "pci/ven 145&dev_4353&SUBSYS_000E1028&REV_01"

I've tried all drivers, reinstalling and installing drivers in different orders and nothing is working. Please help!

A:Reinstalled Windows 7, now wireless no longers works !

Welcome Andy Money to the forums.

Have you checked to see whether there is a wireless switch that isn't turned on? or have you checked
the properties of the wireless adapter to see whether the power is turned off.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/235376-reinstalled-windows-7-now-wireless-no-longers-works.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have two PCs. One (PC A) with 7 Ultimate and the other (PC B) with 7 Pro.

PC B can connect with PC A and access all files.

PC A can see PC B in Windows Explorer Network but can not access any files.

The diagnostics of PC A says it is correct and there is a problem with PC B but does not give me any idea of what the problem may be.

Both machines are set to the same home network. But in changing PC A to Home from Public, PC B lost connection with PC A. Both are in the same IP grouping.

I do NOT use this network for the Internet as I use the WIFI on my phone.

A:Ethernet hub connection works only one way

You have to turn on "File and printer sharing"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298585-ethernet-hub-connection-works-only-one-way.html
Relevancy 75.68%

The laptop XPS M Vista doesn t connect to our network It recognizes available signals but doesn t connect Other computers connect fine to the network Winsock fix repairs doesn't but works Ethernet Wi-Fi the issue after one reboot but the next reboot reverts the progress Command-line solutions netsh int many other flags on netsh fail to make any headway Not a card issue an external Ethernet works but Wi-Fi doesn't wi-fi adapter doesn t connect either with proprietary driver software and the wi-fi connects through a Hiren s boot CD We tried giving it a static IP but that doesn t help at all My diagnosis is a low-level software issue SFC quot discovered quot and quot repaired quot some broken system files but the issue persisted I believe we ve run an MBAM quick scan but I don t want to waste my time with a full scan on the basis that a virus wouldn t get rid of wi-fi connectivity but leave wired in tact We ve tried all we can on this machine and it s getting very frustrating If anybody here has experience with this issue please enlighten me I ve had it for four days with no semblance of success besides the one-time winsock fix If I was on the computer I would attach an image of the computer connecting to the network with quot local only quot connection You know the deal Computer -------- Network ----x---- Internet and a xx xx IP address

A:Ethernet works but Wi-Fi doesn't

Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exe
Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exe

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482185/ethernet-works-but-wi-fi-doesnt/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have two computers, one is a desktop and one is a laptop. My desktop is connected to my router via an ethernet cable and my laptop is a wireless connection to my router. I have 2 cables, cable 1 is connected from the wall to my router and cable 2 is connected from my router to my desktop. If I plug cable 2 into my ethernet port 3 and cable 1 into any other port I get internet access to my desktop and not my labtop. If I plug cable 1 into ethernet port 3 and cable 2 into any other port I get internet access to my laptop only. The entire time I can always connect both devises to the router it's just that only 1 will have internet access and the other will always say "dns server not responding." I have searched all over the internet for help with no success. Please assist me if i can and thank you for the help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-1-ethernet-port-works-please-help.1164924/
Relevancy 75.68%

Over multiple devices on the network wifi works including this laptop I m running on However any time I try to use ethernet including on this laptop there is no internet connection The error when troubleshooting is Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't Dns server not responding While on ethernet connection Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't I can access the networked printer but cannot access the default gateway so connection is going from room to the modem and through I have tried restarting the wifi lan modem which then connects to another router down stairs which I haven t restarted my dad won t let me I have tried flushing dns uninstalling and re installing the adapter starting in safe mode with networking This is my ipconfig all while on wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e fbb a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e fbb a Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here it is on Ethernet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help you could give would be mu... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-works-ethernet-doesnt.207715/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello!
I just got a new modem (Netgear) that I replaced the old one (D-Link). The wifi is working perfectly, laptops, iPads etc. is working all fine.
The problem is, the computer that uses Ethernet cable isn't working at all. It's says 'Internet service unavailable' and the networks name went from 'unidentified' to 'Network 2'. Both computers using Ethernet cable isn't working and I have updated drive, try to see if it is the routers (Belkin G wireless)fault etc. Even my printer isn't working even though it uses wifi. The printer tough says 'Press router's WSP button' but my router doesn't have one.

So how can I fix this problem and make those computers work?

(Sorry for the description/language, I only have basic computer knowledge)

Thanks!

Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Windows 7 desktop computer to which a local printer is attached and shared via my homegroup.

From a Windows 7 laptop I can add a printer. It sees the printer, connects to it, and prints just fine.
From a Windows 8 laptop if I try to add a printer, it searches and sees the printer. When I try to connect to it, it gives me an error, "Windows couldn't connect to the printer. Check the printer name and try again. If this is a network printer, make
sure that the printer's turned on, and that the printer address is connect."
Any suggestions? Again, I can access it and print to it just fine from another laptop, so I know nothing's wrong with the printer itself, the connection to the desktop machine, or the sharing on the homegroup.
Thanks in advance

A:Can't connect to Homegroup printer in Windows 8 -- works fine in Windows 7

Hi,
Please check if your Windows 8 laptop join the HomeGroup successfully.
If yes, after the printer is shared, you can get to it through the Print dialog box in any program, just like a printer that's directly connected to your PC.

Meanwhile, please turn off your Windows 8 firewall and anti-virus temporarily to check the result.

Karen Hu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44331f13-1895-4151-837b-ee907cc5a6b8/cant-connect-to-homegroup-printer-in-windows-8-works-fine-in-windows-7?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I have a few issues The touchpad and left right buttons but wireless windows, works, device not ... recognised by mouse dont work So I got a wired mouse and that was fine until wireless mouse works, but not recognised by windows, device ... I got te bluescreen got a wireless mouse and wireless mouse works, but not recognised by windows, device ... same thing it comes under device manager as usb composite device I have tried various methods of updating drivers i have the latest drivers installed for synaptics touchpad device and all usb yet still not being recognised But wireless mouse works, but not recognised by windows, device ... as I said the wireless mouse works fine as did the wired The only thing that I can think of that it may be is that I have windows updates turned off When I turn these on it just hangs for hours on end saying checking for updates as well as taking up lots of system resources leaving me with barely any available ram If it wasnt for the bluescreen occuring twice a day then I wouldnt mind as the mouse works fine I dont need the touchpad But I'm at my wits end trying to resolve this Hp support assistant doesnt seem to think there are drivers missing but I know somethings not right Also the wireless mouse only works in of the usb ports Really need some help with this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/wireless-mouse-works-but-not-recognised-by-windows-device/td-p/5777529
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I have a few issues The touchpad and left right buttons dont work So I got mouse not ... works, recognised wireless windows, by device but a wired mouse and that was fine wireless mouse works, but not recognised by windows, device ... until I got te bluescreen got a wireless mouse and same thing it comes under device manager as usb composite device I have tried various methods of updating drivers i have the latest drivers installed for synaptics touchpad device and all usb yet still not being recognised But as I said the wireless mouse works fine as did the wired The only thing that I can think of that it may be is that I have windows updates turned off When I turn these on it just hangs for wireless mouse works, but not recognised by windows, device ... hours on end saying checking for updates as well as taking up lots of system resources leaving me with barely any available ram If it wasnt for the bluescreen occuring twice a day then I wouldnt mind as the mouse works fine I wireless mouse works, but not recognised by windows, device ... dont need the touchpad But I'm at my wits end trying to resolve this Hp support assistant doesnt seem to think there are drivers missing but I know somethings not right Also the wireless mouse only works in of the usb ports Really need some help with this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/wireless-mouse-works-but-not-recognised-by-windows-device/td-p/5777529
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi everyone- I ve got a puzzler--for me anyway hopefully someone will have some advice My laptop connects to my modem and works, Wireless connection stops: then issue? Windows 7 64-bit the internet then after a minute or so it stops working It is not loading any pages won Wireless connection works, then stops: Windows 7 64-bit issue? t ping anything request timed out and is probably not connected to the router anymore since I can t load the router administration from that computer but I still have a valid IP address and Windows still insists that I m connected The laptop internet works fine when using a wired connection It also works fine when connecting to other wireless connections work and Starbucks are I ve tried Wireless connection works, then stops: Windows 7 64-bit issue? The home network works fine on my Lenovo X running Windows XP as well as my LG p- phone running Android my Acer A Android So I m thinking it s a Windows issue with my router but I haven t been able to find anything on the topic online The router is a Dlink DIR- The laptop is a Samsung Series with Windows Home Premium -bit This one in fact http www amazon com Samsung-NP Y J ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - It is fresh out of the box I have only installed Firefox Dropbox and AVG which I did at work where the wireless connection works A list of things I ve tried restarting the router the modem the laptop and again removing encryption from the router resetting router to factory settings updating drivers on the computer they were up to date uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for network card checking for updates to router no updates disabling ip helper don t know what that does it Wireless connection works, then stops: Windows 7 64-bit issue? was just suggested somewhere disabling ipv this appeared to work for awhile but I left and came back and reconnected and now I m having the same problem changing DNS servers I ve had it What the heck is going on Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

I have an elderly but perfectly functional Acer laptop I upgraded it extensively in the years It has an Intel ABG wifi chipset I've been running on Update works run Windows Wireless I until new install fine Linux on it since forever but it Wireless works fine on new install until I run Windows Update became necessary to put Windows on it I installed Windows and everything worked fine I then ran Windows Update it downloaded via wifi all the updates and Wireless works fine on new install until I run Windows Update applied them and upon rebooting I found out that the wifi had gone - the interface doesn't appear and device manager says quot This device cannot start Code quot Hitting the wifi button on the keyboard makes no difference I tried disabling and re-enabling the device uninstalling it and rebooting then futzing around with the Intel Pro Wireless drivers all to no avail After hours of cursing I decided I'd had enough so I wiped and installed Windows instead And lo the exact same thing happened worked fine downloaded and applied the updates rebooted and promptly lost the wifi interface Device Manager shows the exact same error What do I do now

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45630-wireless-works-fine-new-install-until-i-run-windows-update.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi there I have been hours on trying to figure this out and I ve narrowed it down to when the gamepad works and when it doesn t This is the Wirless Xbox gamepad for Windows The gamepad is only responsive connects under two procedures when I turn off the PC and unplug the receiver wireless works xbox procedures one doing by for only two windows of 360 controller it came with then turn the pc back on and plug the receiver back xbox 360 wireless controller for windows only works by doing one of two procedures in which causes the gamepad to connect and function at the exact moment of logging into windows The second way it will work is if I use my system restore point I created before I plugged the gamepad back in if I do a system restore the pc restarts and the controller connects and functions Now here s the problem if I just restart or shutdown the pc and turn it back on without unplugging the receiver xbox 360 wireless controller for windows only works by doing one of two procedures or doing a system restore the gamepad won t connect and if it does connect the buttons won t respond What could the problem here be Could another driver be interfering with it nbsp

A:xbox 360 wireless controller for windows only works by doing one of two procedures

Have you installed the controller software off the Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=Gaming

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows-only-works-by-doing-one-of-two-procedures.745375/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello,
I seem to be having a problem,that a lot of people in this forum are having.I'm using Windows 7 x64 on Lenovo G560.I was using a Wireless connection before for a while,but than I switched to normal(with a cable).And since yesterday I have been trying to log in a wireless network,but I keep getting that I don't have Internet access(everyone else in my house have).The stranges thing is,that it only works in safe mode.Here is what I have tried(and didn't work):
-Disable Bonjour
-Reinstall the wireless drivers
-System restore
-Check for malware
-Disable IPv6
I also tried 1 or 2 other tricks but nothing work.Can you recommend me something,that I haven't tried?
P.S:My Wireless card is Broadband(in case someone can give me a driver that I haven't tried(and I have tried every driver in Lenovo's site))

A:Windows 7 Wireless problem-Works only in safe mode

Read page 3 of this pdf from step 1 Network Sharing Set Up.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/187068-windows-7-wireless-problem-works-only-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I just upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate from windows 7. It is a clean install. I have attempted to download all relevant drivers, including wireless adapters. My wired connection works fine, however, my wireless connection does not work. The troubleshoot claims that DNS is a possible issue. I have powered off and on all router and modem equipment to no avail. Any new ideas?

A:Upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate. Wired works but wireless does not

Quote: Originally Posted by polishbeans

I just upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate from windows 7. It is a clean install. I have attempted to download all relevant drivers, including wireless adapters. My wired connection works fine, however, my wireless connection does not work. The troubleshoot claims that DNS is a possible issue. I have powered off and on all router and modem equipment to no avail. Any new ideas?

You will need to post a screen shot of your ipconfig/all so we can see what's going on with your network interface.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247083-upgraded-windows-7-ultimate-wired-works-but-wireless-does-not.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I am about to blow my brains out Randomnly Windows and Eight disconnects only reconnect i Wireless works after it then over this i bought a samsung series windows eight laptop nearly a month ago been having trouble with my wireless ever since no other computer or intternet connected device in my household has this problem it is only my windows eight laptop Windows eight is annoying enough without this problem but this Windows Eight Wireless Randomnly disconnects only works after i reconnect and then it is the last straw tried to ring technical support got through to a terrible microsoft employee who tried to connect me to the technical department which had closed two hours before hand You think he would of known this before he tried to connect me right Anyways i need help my computer constantly loses connection to the internet even though i have full wireless signal and it give me limited access meaning i can do nothing now for all you brainiacs who will comment go into power settings and un tick box that says let device manager turn off wireless to save battery i already tried this fix to no avail so is there any decent people out there with some answer nbsp

A:Windows Eight Wireless Randomnly disconnects only works after i reconnect and then it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-eight-wireless-randomnly-disconnects-only-works-after-i-reconnect-and-then-it.1105080/
Relevancy 74.82%

Starting days ago I started having issues with my WiFi plugged in cable only works ethernet Wi-Fi with at first it started with the quot quot popping up sorry im not very tech savvy and i could just trouble shoot problems and it will repair itself It Then it started saying Wi-Fi only works with ethernet cable plugged in there weren t any networks available I made sure airplane mode was not on and everything and it either had the picture of the monitor with the X over it or the WiFi thing with the X over it I did trouble shoot and it worked sometimes but other times I just restarted my PC and it worked fine for a while and would keep doing this Last night it had the monitor with the X and would say that I needed to plug in an Ethernet cable and trouble shoot wouldn t fix anything I tried resetting my PC but its still having the same problem I now have the Ethernet cable plugged in because its the only thing that will work I have a desktop computer two phones and a ps hooked up to the wifi and it hasn t been having any problems at all I have windows and Wi-Fi only works with ethernet cable plugged in ive had this PC for about a year and a half I don t have much downloaded except for some trusted Wi-Fi only works with ethernet cable plugged in things Steam Firefox chrome etc and I havent been deleting any programs or anything nbsp

A:Wi-Fi only works with ethernet cable plugged in

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
Use Windows + X Keys together and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
Or Right click on the windows icon - bottom left hand side - A menu appears - choose Command Prompt (Admin)​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R
Now type CMD
Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen )​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Resetting , failed. - This error will occur with windows 10 , so ignore.
Access is denied. - This error will occur with windows 8 and windows 10 , so ignore.
But running TCP/IP reset still can resolve issues , even with the above errors.

select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste​
Details also here
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wi-fi-only-works-with-ethernet-cable-plugged-in.1172082/
Relevancy 74.82%

Once I installed windows 10 as I received update thenafter both ethernet and wifi did not work. Therefore, I downgraded my system to the inbuilt 8.1 and now the wifi is unable to connect while its been detected by the system. My MODEM's wifi is perfectly working on my cell. Kindly guide me to solve the issue at the earliest.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-working-but-ethernet-works/td-p/5715870
Relevancy 74.82%

My wi-fi connection was working perfectly until I removed the plug of the modem. Now it shows no problem, no yellow sign in the wireless icon but I still can not connect to the internet. It works only via Ethernet cable. I set the priority to wireless and rebooted the system but it still does not work.

A:My laptop works only via Ethernet Cable

You probably need the SSID and key for the wireless access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-works-only-via-ethernet-cable.1145777/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi We have a situation that comes up fairly regularly It is ONLY ETHERNET tWO AT WORKS ONE PORTS, A TIME in the HVAC industry We have a computer usually running Windows XP sometimes it connects to the internet via an Ethernet cable which connects to a switch or more outside of our control It is normally set up to use DHCP We also need to connect via an Ethernet cable to a HVAC microprocessor controller that has a settable static IP address We have a computer varies with a single Ethernet port to which we have added a second Ethernet port with a pci card Broadcom BCM Netxtreme Gigabit PCI Express Ethernet Network Adapter Card We are not allowed by the establishment to use a hub in this particular location If I connect one Ethernet port to the HVAC controller with IP address and subnet mask and set it to a static IP address say The program finds and talks to the controller If I connect the second Ethernet port with DHCP to the network source I can connect to the internet In fact I can use either one the original or the added one in either position for either function When I go to internet connections both ports show connected BUT I cannot do both at tWO ETHERNET PORTS, ONLY ONE WORKS AT A TIME the same time I need to be able to log on to the computer remotely via the internet and have its program communicate with the controller through the second port It seems that which ever function I initiate first works the second does not I have tried reversing tWO ETHERNET PORTS, ONLY ONE WORKS AT A TIME the connections and addresses no help I also tried enabling DHCP and assigning alternate IP addresses on both ports this seems to do the same thing but allows me to plug either into either port It looks as if when the computer HVAC program is communicating with the HVAC controller and we try to access the internet the other port only looks at the static address and does not look for anything else beyond that ie it never finds the internet at this point I do not know if it could be accessed remotely from the internet This is not an area that I am familiar with so reasonably detailed instructions would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Hey,
I have an Aspire One netbook that I use that connects with ethernet lan at home no problem. At work it still says it's connected "excellent" but I get no internet service.

The only difference this amateur has noticed is that an "Internet Gateway" icon opens at home, that doesn't here (in Network Connections).

All my friends use hte net on their laptops just fine. is there anything I can check? Any way to know if my computer is blocking the connection?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Got a new Dell Inspiron PC yesterday and hooked it up etc running Windows Wi-fi works perfect Then using the Ethernet cord Works Wi-Fi but does PCs not Ethernet Multiple Tested from Comcast Cable modem the light flickers yellow orange and cant hold a signal for more then like seconds if you leave it alone you will see it connect Wi-Fi Works but Ethernet does not Tested Multiple PCs and disconnect over and over again never staying connected longer then seconds or so and no green light or solid yellow only flickering light then nothing I have ports on Modem and used them all So I got annoyed thinking it was the brand new computers NIC or Ethernet port So I had my brother try his apple laptop and his does the same thing will not hold Wi-Fi Works but Ethernet does not Tested Multiple PCs a signal but wi-fi works fine We had two sets of brand new patch cords shielded and non shielded and both perform the same way and tried all ports I also disconnected from Wifi to try Ethernet by itself and nothing I have disconnected the modem a couple of times I hit the reset bottom twice and still get this issue I hope there is an easy answer here but at this point I feel something may be wrong with modem router since this issue is not isolated to just the new PC Thoughts and sorry to ramble Also- Once this is resolved Can I leave Wi-Fi enabled while connected to ethernet Is the computer smart enough to realize the LAN is stronger or does it constantly conflict and aqs I am writing this I dont see why I would need to keep Wi-Fi enabled if connected to LAN lol nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi guys I cant connect with my Wifi but with the ethernet cable it works fine Here s my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users ACER gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No connection but works, wifi Ethernet not WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media Ethernet connection works, but not wifi disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address Ethernet connection works, but not wifi - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - D- C-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe edc d b ccb Ethernet connection works, but not wifi eaa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - B- - -C -E -D -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC D- CF- - EB- B A C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F DDE A - FB - A-B B -DC FB E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab af cc d c e c Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe af cc d c e c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - D - F -AB - B D FE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users ACER gt netsh winsock reset catalog Sucessfully reset the Winsock Catalog You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset C Users ACER gt netsh int ipv reset reset log Reseting Global OK Reseting Interface OK Restart the computer to complete this action C Users ACER gt netsh in ipv reset reset log Reseting Interface OK Restart the computer to complete this action C Users ACER gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - D- C-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe edc d b ccb eaa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - B- - -C -E -D -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Conn... Read more

A:Ethernet connection works, but not wifi

what happens when you connect to a wireless signal ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-works-but-not-wifi.1130907/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hoping someone can help me connect to my new wifi A few days ago I just had comcast cable internet home phone installed all run through a modem router combo I ll try to post some more specific details below So TV and phone are working great And actually even the works, Ethernet but connection not wifi internet is working great I just can t connect MY laptop to the internet I can connect my iPhone and Kindle Fire w o difficulty And if I plug into the ethernet cable I can get the laptop to go the internet But when I connect to my wifi connection I end up with only a local connection On a side note the first time I tried to connect to the signal my computer asked me to set up a profile for it WLAN profile I think And I did stupidly I vaguely remember having a problem with that in the past but I had tech support at my college that fixed it I have restarted both the modem router and my computer multiple times I have tried to repair the connection with Windows I have tried tech support with comcast but they keep referring me to the computer manufacturer There is an unsecured signal nearby I CAN connect to tried out of curiosity to make sure it WASN T the laptop but I don t want to pirate so instead I stay tethered to my ft ethernet cable I have searched google and reddit to no avail I do not claim to be tech savvy but I can follow directions Ethernet connection works, but not wifi pretty well just be Ethernet connection works, but not wifi specific step-by-step Last night out of desperation I tried the Geek Squad online chat to help but I can t stomach for what I m sure is a simple problem So on to details Router modem combo--SMC network Model number SMCD GNV Encryption TKIP AES Laptop--Sony VAIO ish running Windows Vista Can anyone help nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

A:Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Originally Posted by winderpExpress

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

Are you using an Insider build? This is a known issue in one recent one (can't remember which one). I believe the latest preview build fixes it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47168-ethernet-shows-red-x-does-not-appear-settings-but-still-works.html
Relevancy 74.82%

So the xFinity technician just finished installing everything and left went online, Wifi works perfectly but the problem is with the Ethernet although it is able to connect and says it has access to internet when i go online it doesn't. Maybe some useful info, when i hover over the icon it shows my Routers name and Internet Access then Unidentifiable Network and Internet Access. I installed whole new LAN drivers for my motherboard and it still doesn't work, tried enabling and disabling device, uninstalled my WiFi's driver and still dint work, restarted PC and it still doesn't work. Any thoughts?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/73132-just-got-internet-wi-fi-works-ethernet-connects-bu-no-int.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I just moved and have been trying to get my PC connected to the internet at my new place. I have a Dlink AC750 dual band wireless router, and my computer has no problem connecting to it wirelessly. However I cannot figure out how to connect directly by ethernet. I have a cable running from the router to the back of the PC, but the icon in my tray just says 'No connections are available'. I have also tried connecting directly to the PC bypassing the router. Everyone I have spoken to, including tech support, has told me that you "plug it in and it just works". Am I missing some step in getting my PC to recognize the ethernet cable?

A:WiFi works, ethernet doesn't

Hello mate have you tried updating the LAN driver for that machine and even simpler a new cable??

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395168-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have been using my ASUS X53E laptop on the WiFi at my university for the past 4 months with no problems connecting to the internet. A few days ago, my internet suddenly started going in and out. It will work alright for about an hour, and then it will stop working completely, even though it says my WiFi connection is still "excellent". However, when I plugged in an ethernet cable, it has been working perfectly with no problems.
No one else around me has been having problems with the WiFi - it's just me. Any ideas?

Relevancy 74.82%

I ve been having a problem of late where ethernet doesn't Wifi works, my ethernet connection has been unable to gain internet access and reportedly shows the network as being unidentified It will be unable to connect for a long period during the day and then regains access However if I connect my USB Wifi adapter it picks up the network immediately and internet connection isn t a problem This is the ipconfig all whilst both USB Wifi and ethernet cable are connected C Users Owner gt ipconfig ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Marty-PC Wifi works, ethernet doesn't Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - C- D-E - C-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Wifi works, ethernet doesn't Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - C- D-E - C-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ae a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday October PM Lease Expires Thursday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -AE- - C-F Wifi works, ethernet doesn't - -EC-EB- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - -EC-EB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fcce baf d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -AE- - C-F - -EC-EB- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D E BED- - B -AF - E B B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - - CC- AE - C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B ECB -CBBE- DA-AA E- B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi,
I have a Dell Precision M60 laptop. Wireless internet was working perfectly until I had to reinstall Windows XP. After the re-installation, laptop and wired internet works perfectly but the wireless internet is not working. I have tried various things after reading other forums etc but still cannot get it to work.
I have a Netgear wireless ADSL modem router and Intel Pro wireless 2200BG network adapter.
When I click the icon on the task manager for available wireless network connections, it shows my network with full signal strength. I enter network key and press connect, but it just says not connected. I'm not too familiar with network connections. Please help.

A:Solved: Internet works when plugged in but wireless is not working after Windows XP r

1st thing i'd check here is that your security key for your wireless is correct on both ends,
even logging into your router when hardwired and removing the security key for wireless and trying to connect without security enabled would be a good start, mainly just to see if your computer will connect with no network key needed. This will determine if its the key thats causing the problem.

If however it still is not connecting, I'd start with getting the latest drivers for your Intel wireless network card, uninstalling the network adapter from device manager and installing it again with latest drivers and try again to connect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-works-when-plugged-in-but-wireless-is-not-working-after-windows-xp-r.973958/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Lumia 950 XL and a Microsoft Display Dock (aka Continuum Dock). Now that W10 Anniversary Update has been released (adding support to Ethernet adapters), I want to be able to plug a USB 2.0 or 3.0 Ethernet Network Adapter into one of the USB ports on my Display Dock (and it works). I realize that there are several USB-C options out there, but you cannot connect a USB-C adaptor to the Microsoft Display Dock (it takes the older 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 connectors).
Does anyone know of a working USB 2.0 or 3.0 Ethernet adapter that one could connect to the Microsoft Display Dock? If so, could you tell me one you've had success with? Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Justin

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437138-usb-ethernet-works-microsoft-continuum-dock.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi
I had posted earlier also in this forum and d prblm got solved as it was a driver issue. Now again i have got a similar prblm but is not a driver issue. I have a P7H55 Asus Motherboard with the ethernet port and cable working fine individually. However, when i connect them together, the ethernet light on the router remains stable as if connected but still the desktop shows not connected. This time i have installed the drivers which came from the motherboard manufacturer and are the latest. In the Network and Sharing Center, the icon is enabled. It does not show cross sign. Please help me out.

Relevancy 73.96%

I have Lenovo laptop and my internet works just fine when the cable is connected but Wifi does not work It shows that i have excellent signal on the side but it just wont connect When i type with Wifi not cable Laptop works Ethernet but in password it says quot Windows cannot connect to XYZ quot I use Windows and my wireless network adapter is Atheros AR C Users MY gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name MY-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- -D - -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Laptop works with Ethernet cable but not Wifi Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C -CB- -FC-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -AE- D-DE- A- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d af d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November AM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway fe ff fe b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c f ca f fefd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f ca f fefd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D DE-EF - E -A B -BB A C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap local lan Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AAE A - - DAF-AE E- BA B CACF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC - - - -EAF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s a screenshot of what it shows nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi

i have an E-system 3115 laptop and have managed to connect to the internet using an ethernet cable to my Scientific Atlanta modem, but what i want to do is connect the ethernet cable to my Belkin Wireless G+ MIMO router and go online wirelessly.

I'm having problems doing this as it only seems to work when the cable is plugged into the laptop.

Thank you if you can help me.

A:Laptop only works when connected with ethernet cable

Have you disabled all encryption on the modem and tried to connect that way? Does the laptop connect to any other wireless networks? Does a wired connection work when you connect to the router and not the modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-only-works-when-connected-with-ethernet-cable.838220/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi all!

I have a problem with my university internet. I can connect fine through wireless, no problems at all.
However when I attempt to use my ethernet cable, I have a connection for 5-10 seconds before any webpage I attempt to access is directed to a portal to log in with my university ID and password. Once I do so and the portal has confirmed that I have access (the user/pass has worked), the display page tells me to retry my original URL, however the internet connection does not work and I am not able to access anything. Any help? Thanks!

I have gone to the help center at my school and they were unable to help me

Relevancy 73.96%

Running Win 8.1 on Lenovo Y410p. Verizon FIOS router, Actiontec MI424WR (Actiontec[1] ).
Everything was running fine until last night. No internet when I connected to the router with an ethernet cable, but the wifi still works. I ran windows troubleshooting diagnostic and it said ETHERNET DOESN'T HAVE A VALID IP. Restarted my laptop and the router, changed ports, got a new ethernet cable, tried hooking up another laptop, still nothing. It shows up as Unidentified Network with No Internet Access. Xbox is also connected to router via ethernet, that isn't working either. The wifi is working but it's shoddy, every few minutes it'll lag, Chrome will go into NOT RESPONDING mode for a second or 2 and then go back to working. Wifi is also prone to dropping out and coming back at times.
Please advise.

A:Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP, wifi still works?

Power cycle your ISP Modem, router and computer(s).

Power all off
Remove power from modem and router for 30 seconds or so.
Connect power to modem, wait for it to finish booting and stabilize
Connect power to router, wait for it to finish booting and stabilize
Power up computer with Ethernet cable already connected

If still not working: collect IP configuration information as follows:

Open a Elevated Command Prompt:

Press WIN + X to open Start context menu.
Select Command Prompt (Admin)​.

Paste the following into the Command Prompt window, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" | find /i "proxy" >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close. Paste the information in a reply here.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67626-ethernet-doesnt-have-valid-ip-wifi-still-works.html