Windows Support Forum

Cannot burn discs anymore

Q: Cannot burn discs anymore

For over a year the Nero 9 burner worked a treat. Now it will only burn musical CD's not video discs. I've tried different brands of discs and they do work better than the TDK but it is still problematic. Any advice is welcome.

Tony C

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 70935 MB, Free - 21068 MB; D: Total - 67352 MB, Free - 52474 MB; G: Total - 953865 MB, Free - 552933 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Chapala
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot burn discs anymore

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.44%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop and never had any problems burning DVDs CDs before. Now it is just stopped burning anything. It reads boths DVDs and CD and I have no problems in playing them It also recognizes blank discs but when I try to burn them tghe driver will eject the disc and say the burn failed or give different error messages. Sometimes aftre trying to burn a disc a couple of times the driver freezes and will only open so I can get the blank disc out if I reboot the computer. I have 1ClickDVD Copy Pro, Copy to DVD and DIVx player and all of them show the same problem. I have already re-installed the driver and the problem still persists. The driver is DVD RW DW-Q58A Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-driver-does-not-burn-discs-anymore.628158/
Relevancy 61.49%

On every program i have tried using my laptop will go through the disc burning process and say that is has successfully finished but when i load the disc it is still blank.

The programs i have tried are imgburn, power iso, nero and windows's disc burning system.

A:Cannot burn discs

What type of media are you burning? Music, video, data? Also what model of laptop are you using? If you tried all of those programs and nothing worked, it could be a hardware issue, like a dirty lens. But that's sort of unlikely given that it's stating "successfully finished".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/178517-cannot-burn-discs.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a Sony DVD+-RW DW-Q58A drive. I recently bought a pack of Memorex 16x dvd-r discs and attempted to burn some video onto them.

It was not a susccessful burn and failed saying illegal disc and then i also noticed on the packaging that i may need to upgrade the firmware for the drive to enable these 16x discs to work.

How deos one go about updating firmware for this and is there a firmware upgrade available that will work. I've looked around a little online but i think i'm not looking in the right places.

any help would be gretaly appreciated.

Relevancy 61.49%

On burn discs any Cant June nd after I updated iTunes may have stopped before that just didn't notice it as I Cant burn any discs havent had to burn anything in a while my Cant burn any discs computer will not recognize any disc as being burnable In iTunes the error I get is but they notified me that that particular error means that the CD DVD burner had some error So being skeptical of Cant burn any discs mac I tried burning the disc through adobe and then through a basic windows folder I returned the same error on each quot Please insert a writable disc quot I tried a few disc types as well including CD-R CD-RW and DVD R since there are a few things that needed to be burned When I inserted the discs I got the standard blank disc pop-up window Any Suggestions Computer Info Sager NP Intel Core Quad Q bit Vista Ultimate SP Disc Driver TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L H ATA drivers C Windows system DRIVERS cdrom sys version C Windows system DRIVERS GEARAspiWDM sys version both drivers say that they are up to date

A:Cant burn any discs

Try this:
Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
Your CD or DVD drive cannot read or write media
The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that you upgraded to Windows Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/281352-cant-burn-any-discs.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm using a TDK Dual-layer 8x DVD burner, and am trying to back up data from a project onto DVDs. I used 8x DVDs before, and they work just fine, but it doesn't seem to like the newer and now more common 16x DVD-R.

After much reading on other tech sites, I updated the firmware from 2.36 to 2.38, but to no avail. It still gives me all sort of 'incompatible medium' error at the start of the burn. Am I missing something? :confuse:

Relevancy 61.49%

My computer won't burn to the new discs I have. This is the second brand to do this, so I'm starting to think its my computer rather than the discs. Each time I tried to burn using 2 different programs (Nero & DVD Shrink). Is there a way to fix this?

Relevancy 61.06%

undefinedundefined

I just installed roxio 6 on my desktop with Windows 98. It won't recognize any CD-RW or CD-R that I put in the disc drive (E) thus refuses to burn any if files for storage or export by dragging them or sending them. What is wrong and is it fixable? DDC+

A:roxio 6 won't burn my discs

Dragging to the CD or "send to" assumes a "packet writing" program such as DirectCD or InCD is also installed. Its not the most reliable way to burn files though.

Run the Roxio program and burn in the normal method, by adding them to the compilation, and then burning the CD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-6-wont-burn-my-discs.265544/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have just bought a HP Laptop which includes 'Lightscribe DVD Rewriter optical drive' - from reading some info, i understand that a special disc can be inserted 'upside down' and is written on by Lightscribe. What I want to know is, does Lightscribe actually burn discs - such as say Nero? and then, you have an option to label it?

Also, with my main PC, I have 2 drives where you would place your disc you want copies, and the other tray for the blank disc you want it copied onto. Well, with the laptop there is only 1 tray to put the disc. How would you copy a data disc? What would be the procedure.

Thanks.

A:does Lightscribe burn discs

Hi, Have a read of LightScribe | An Easy Guide for information on LightScribe technology.But basically yes, you can burn a CD/DVD as normal with Nero, and if your using LightScibe disk you can then print a label onto the disk by turning the disk over in the drive and then using the options in Nero.For copies using only one drive, put the disk that you want to copy into the drive first, if using Nero their is an option for Exact Copy, this will then read the info from the original disk, then ask you to insert a blank disk for it to burn to, insert a blank disk and the burning will start.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/202536/does-lightscribe-burn-discs/
Relevancy 61.06%

Not matters what am I doing, using ashampoo, using Nero, Using ImgBurn, trying to burn on cd, trying to burn on dvd...
Nothing works!
in Ashampoo it's stucks on 99% and then doing "Ashampoo has stoped working..."
In Nero, at the middle of the burning he saying that the burning has aborted for some reason that I don't know (It's now written)
In ImgBurn it's starting to burn but in 2% he stops, he doesn't showin' me any message but where it's writing how much time remaining, suddenly he wrotes: "Unknown"...

I don't know what to do, and I even don't know what is the problem. Is it the windows that doing all the problems, or is it the drive.

Please help me!

A:My computer don't want to burn discs!

What happens if you do a Windows Backup to disc?
I'm assuming you can play discs and the drive is recognized. If not, your post regarding a relatives computer last year solves the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-computer-dont-want-to-burn-discs-517993.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My computer is not recognizing the CD drive. It is an all in one
"Lightscribe DVD SuoerMulit Drive / CD Writer". The dialog box comes up asking me what I want to do with he blank CD when I put a blank CD in but then when i click on something, nothing happens. I tried to burn a CD on iTunes and it said it couldn't find a drive capable of burning a CD. I went into "My Computer" and clicked on the CD drive in question and it tells me "No disk inserted into drive E:". I really appreciate any help. Between this and my DirectX issues, my computer is essential inoperable as far as games are concerned.

A:Unable to Burn Discs

remove the upper and lower filters
scroll down to it here
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...4060&x=12&y=13

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-burn-discs-179588.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have movies on my notebook and cannot seem to burn them onto a CD or DVD I have a HP Pavilion dx tx notebook w vista I can burn music CD s and Mp CD s just fine through Windows Media Player I cannot burn any DVD I have AVI MKV and TS files all of which I have tried multiple burners to no avail I have tried converting files through convertxtodvd and bigasoft mkv converter then trying to use imgburn and convertxtodvd to burn them which doesn t work I have tried using Express Burn Disc Windows Media Player and just Windows to try and burn the AVI files as is which doesn Can't Discs! any or - DATA DVD'S HELP Burn t work I have tried burning them as a DATA CD DVD as my Ps can play data discs which doesn t work and I try burning them as DVD VIDEO files which doesn t work I have spent days now trying to HELP - Can't Burn any DVD'S or DATA Discs! get movies off my PC Errors from quot error - cannot read disc quot to quot unexpected error quot - I m just about to give up Some programs get to and error HELP - Can't Burn any DVD'S or DATA Discs! of the time they can t even start burning they sit at for a few minutes and error and eject the disc I am using the correct discs and trying to burn at a medium speed I ve tried CD-R s as data discs and DVD R as data and video discs I ve tried SONY TDK and more - to no success I have also replaced the Hard drive about months ago needed more room to a Hitachi which is working perfectly but I hadn t tried burning a DVD until now Could this be the problem It was professionally fitted and installed as the HP recovery discs would not work so I had to get it done professionally Could this be the problem But why can I burn audio CDs not DVDs or DATA discs CD s burn as audio music CDs just fine and DVDs can read fine but I can t burn DVDs I just want to burn movies off my PC to watch on my PS I don t want to resort to using a HDMI cable to connect PC to TV PS as the audio doesn t play through the TV - I have to connect an external audio device I am at my wits end I have nearly GB of movies on my PC which I simply cannot get off I just want to torrent and burn movies - it really shouldn t be so complicated If anyone can help I d be most appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi All,

I've got a Sony DRU-190A DVD-RAM drive. Been using it to burn DVD+Rs just fine - data and video.

Recently bought some Panasonic 3x DVD-RAM Discs, but I can't get them to work. After sitting in the drive for a while, they eventually pop up a blank window (as if they were a removable drive), but any attempt to save a file (or files) to them just does nothing.

Trying to reformat the disc...it starts to, then comes up with an error: Cannot be formatted. Check the disc and try again.

I've tried some third party DVD-RAM drivers - formatting with those also fails.

I've disabled 'Enable CD recording on this drive'. No change.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

- Aug

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/using-dvd-ram-discs-to-burn-data-440398.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When I download videos from "YouTube" what format should I save it into that is best to then burn to a dvd disc to play on a T.V.

A:est Format to burn discs to?

Depends on the quality of what your downloading and what your dvd player will recognise.

.avi, .mp4 and dvd quality are the usual ones but some dvd players will not play mp4 or .avi.

I use a program called freemake (which is free) if I want to convert certain downloads. If I were burning to disc to play on a dvd player it would be dvd quality.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/est-format-to-burn-discs-to-698045.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My CD drive wont read any discs anymore, i have a samsung desktop pc and i use Windows XP. It was working fine till a while ago, the drive appears in "My Computer" and "device manager" says its working properly. I have tried the windows trouble shoot options and i have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive to no avail. The drive opens and closes and seems to try to read the disc but then nothing happens ! Ive tried a number of CD's so i know its my drive. Could unistalling help ? If so will i be able to get it back without a CD ? I dont know how to do that though. . . any info would be greatly appreciated as not having it is starting to do my head in !!!

Thanks all

Relevancy 61.06%

I put the disk in and nothing happens, media player doesn't run auto run doesn't work. I tried everything to get the dvd player to work. It won't play any disks at all

A:why can't I play DVD discs on my Windows 10 PC anymore?

That's cause Windows 10 did not support playing DVDs out of the box.Therefore Microsoft offers the app Microsoft DVD Player in Windows Store.AFAIK, Microsoft DVD Player not free.But you can use any other free player like VideoLAN Client.http://www.videolan.org/

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/why-cant-i-play-dvd-discs-on-my-windows-10-pc-anymore/266.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I want to burn image files BIN at the slowest speed possible on to mb CD-R blank CD-R a at do slow I burn discs speed? How media discs I m using the Phillips brand I am burning Playstation games and while the actual gameplay only has a few hiccups the cutscenes lag horribly I want to be able to How do I burn CD-R discs at a slow speed? play my games as they were meant to I m told that burning at lower speeds might solve this problem but i m not sure how to do so I have found that ImgBurn works way better than Alcohol as a burner but the cutscenes still skip and are wretched to watch When I try to burn at any speed below x in ImgBurn I get error messages that say W The drive only supports writing these discs at x x W How do I burn CD-R discs at a slow speed? Write Speed How do I burn CD-R discs at a slow speed? Miscompare - Wanted KB s x Got KB s x And then it proceeds to burn at x So basically I want to know how to configure my quot driver quot to burn at slow speeds I m not great with this stuff so I have no idea what driver the error message is talking I assume its one of three things I found in my device manager Keep in mind that I am fully running Windows XP I have Service Pack on a MacBook Pro on an emulation program called VMware Fusion The three drivers I could find were My only disk drive called quot VMware VMware Virtual S SCSI Disk Device quot One of my DVD CD ROM-drives called quot NECVMWar VMware IDE CDR quot The other DVD CD-ROM drive called quot WDYRCH KXUZ YNO SCSI CdRom Device quot I m assuming it s the disk drive but I m not sure Oh and here s my specs I hope someone here can help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III Xeon processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation BX Desktop Reference Platform Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello to discs won't Creative burn RW2410E everyone smarter than I I have recently upgraded to Windows k from Win SE and now my Creative CD-RW drive will no longer write recognisable cd s It worked perfectly before Now when i burn a disc it goes through the whole process only to stop when verifying I have used both the NTI CD maker that came with the drive and Nero with the same results ie plenty of coasters I have trawled through all of the creative websites and bulliten boards only to find that my drive does not either exist or has no drivers or firmware for it win k Windows recognises my drive and any cd i put in to it including discs i have written previously just no luck for discs now i have given the lens Creative RW2410E won't burn discs a Creative RW2410E won't burn discs clean and made sure everything is plugged in propperly as well as in the propertys for the device buggered if i know whats wrong with the thing I have been through and seen what other people have written about creative drives and some have stories similar to mine just not quite i hope someone can help wayne nbsp

A:Creative RW2410E won't burn discs

just another note

in the device properties windows says that all my drives are scsi drives instead of ide, this may be the root of the problem or completely unconnected i don't know

wayne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-rw2410e-wont-burn-discs.147171/
Relevancy 60.2%

Why can't I burn DVDs nbsp I have a Cannot Discs TravelMate Burn P273-MG nbsp TravelMate P -MG with a nbsp MAT bleep A DVD-RAM UJ E DVD writer TravelMate P273-MG Cannot Burn Discs factory installed It doesn't seem to matter what type of file or type of media I use I cannot burn to disc I always get an error like Incompatible medium installed nbsp Things I've Tried Different DVD types DVD-R DVD-RW DVD R etc Different disc makers Uninstalling the device restarting the computer reinstalling the device Burning TravelMate P273-MG Cannot Burn Discs with built-in Windows File Explorer and ImgBurn Tried to find a newer or different driver No luck Also can't use Mat bleep a as a Message Tag here because it contains a coarse word for fecal matter Nice nbsp Other Details It's using a Microsoft driver v The specific file is called nbsp cdrom inf That suggests to me that it's not the correct driver but how would I know TravelMate P273-MG Cannot Burn Discs There's no driver available from the Acer support site Windows Pro nbsp nbsp

A:TravelMate P273-MG Cannot Burn Discs

If there is foul language in the Windows system, you are probably infected with some type of malware and it has probably disabled your DVD drive.Download Malwarebytes free, run it and see what it finds. https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/TravelMate-P273-MG-Cannot-Burn-Discs/td-p/429793
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone

I have 700mb mp3 files when i try to burn into disc
it gives me error and not enough memory

i tried with Windows Media Player and Nero

In Nero i saw the capacity of the files were more than 24000mb

In real it is 700mb

what is the real problem?

Can anyone help me in this

Thanks in Advance

A:Problem with Burn files into Discs

Hi,

Make sure you are creating an MP3 disk in Nero.

Also activate "over burn", this will enable a further 3MB or so of disk space on the CD disks which you would not normally have access to.

OK?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294642-problem-burn-files-into-discs.html
Relevancy 60.2%

When do you burn your System Recovering Discs SRD The manufacturers of PCs all seem to recommend you burn your own recovery media shortly after you perform the initial Win chores thus providing one more return path to heaven when catastrophe strikes e g total loss of System Burn Discs Recovery When to your primary drive and the hidden recovery partition HRP or some incredible error on the part of the sys-admin who one day flunks his IQ test and tries something bold and exciting The preferred or required medium for these discs is either DVD-R or DVD R type something hard and physical and large enough not to get lost but also readable under most circumstances Note that Win only lets you perform ONE SRD burn So far all is simple Burn a DVD When to Burn System Recovery Discs Well not so fast I m When to Burn System Recovery Discs getting two HP systems one laptop LT and one desktop DT The LT will have a Blu-Ray DVD reader but not a burner The DT will have a full burner Both systems will be on a LAN so on some versions of Win - I will be able to burn the LT SRD on the DT burner On some other versions of Win that may not be possible Now here is the tricky part Since I m getting in two new systems I opted to get the multi-system license for Office The multi-system license gives you three installs and is much more economical than buying several separate Office vendor installs HP does not install that pre-ship so if I make the SRD immediately after Win install it will not reflect the later Office install Notice that with the multi-system Office license each install eats one of the allowed installs hence you don t want to do a repeat during system recovery So it would seem that a possible strategy might be to postpone the SRD burn which you only get one chance to do until after the core applications are installed The SRD burn is like old marriage until system death do you not part The above questions and strategy raises the more fundamental questions What exactly is contained on the SRD and HRP the when the SRD is burned Does the SRD contain and recover any changes made as a result of pre-burn installs and other system activity Should you install all your critical and trusted applications that have limited licenses before you burn the SRD thus allowing an almost pain free restore from backups I ve asked HP support those questions and the tech s seem confused Of course perhaps I m confused or obscure so remain Clueless in Oregon Rob Note Some context In this configuration the intent is that the LT be an almost mirror of the DT just on a smaller scale When both systems are linked directly on the LAN or via a VPN link then resources will be shared Else work can proceed on the either with all facilities possible Both LT and DT will have Win - Pro Exactly how data synchronization will occur is still an open issue Note Some retailers discourage buyers who ask about recovery media They of course want to sell a plan where they do the recovery and will do so forever promise cross their heart and hope to die -- or until the U S Bankruptcy Court settles their affairs HP on their Web sites strongly recommends you make the SRDs but also offers to provide them in the event of need with the caveat that they may not have the SRD for your model at some future date Consider your system dies Monday you decide by Tuesday morning you have no choice but to recover from scratch You order SRD s FedEx next-day and by Wednesday or Thursday they arrive Gives you tons on time to talk to headhunters or apologize to the wife and kids while their home network is down Hope that works for you Open a new thread and let us know

A:When to Burn System Recovery Discs

It can be confusing.

There several different types of SRD.

1. You can run off a Win7 system recovery disc as many times as you like.

It does not contain your installed o/s or any of your programs. It is boot disc you use for repairs.

2. The HP SRD.

It is just a copy of what is on the recovery partition. It does not contain any of your settings or the programs you have installed. You can use that to restore the pc to the exact state you received it.

It is HP who only allow you to burn those once. Nothing to do with win 7.

3. Backup images.

Once you have installed your apps. got your updates and set up everything as you like, you can use software to make an exact image of your drive .

You can store that image anywhere you like - dvd's , network drive, most people use a usb connected external HD to store it on.

If you get into trouble, you can restore that image and be in exactly the state you were when you made the image.

You can make a new image every so often so that it is relatively up to date. Most apps. include a scheduler to do that for you.

Windows 7 includes it's own "system image backup " program , but I wouldn't recommend it.

There are several excellent 3rd party which are far better - they also do free versions:

Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/95462-when-burn-system-recovery-discs.html
Relevancy 60.2%

So it will burn any single file but not an iso.Anytime i try to burn one i will get the message displayed at the image i attached.This happens with nero burning rom as well.I tried burning it at different speed but still the same.any idea whats wrong?

A:My pc wont burn iso to Discs maybe a dvd rom error?

Try updating the firmware for your disc drive. To find the information needed:
1. Click Start Menu
2. Click My Computer
3. Right click on the drive in question
4. Click hardware
5. Look for the drive with type DVD/CD/etc.
6. Write down the full name
7. Search Google with the manufacturer name
8. Find your model (should be included in the full name) on the manufacturer's site
9. Download and install any firmware updates

Edit: Nevermind, your image shows what drive you have: Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S. Have you tried contacting your vendor (HP, Sony, etc.) to see if they have a firmware update or have a solution to the problem? If you are no longer under warranty, you may want to replace the drive because those are known to have issues like the one you describe. If you do not want to deal with replacing a laptop drive yourself, you can buy an external CD/DVD burner that works well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/199721-my-pc-wont-burn-iso-discs-maybe-dvd-rom-error.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All

Hope someone can help me here

Just bought a brand new laptop, installed Vista business on it. Initialle everything was working fine. Excep when it comes to burning discs.

Windows Media Player 11 will not brun discs (audio discs), well the software will "simulate" burning songs to a disc, but when inserting the burned disc back into the laptop, the disc is blank. Nothing is recorded/burned onto the disc.

I have installed Roxio Burner software, this works with success. The same goes for recording data from Explorer to a disc. But WMP still does not work, can anyone elp me here?

I really like using the WMP for all my media stuff, so i hope someone can help me out.

Kind regards

/Jan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wmp-11-under-vista-business-will-not-burn-discs-253638.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Why can't I burn DVDs nbsp I have a nbsp TravelMate P -MG with a nbsp MAT bleep A DVD-RAM UJ E DVD writer P273-MG Discs TravelMate Burn Cannot factory installed It doesn't seem to matter what type of file or TravelMate P273-MG Cannot Burn Discs type of media I use I cannot burn to disc I always get an error like Incompatible medium installed nbsp Things I've Tried Different DVD types DVD-R DVD-RW DVD R etc Different disc makers Uninstalling the device restarting TravelMate P273-MG Cannot Burn Discs the computer reinstalling the device Burning with built-in Windows File Explorer and ImgBurn Tried to find a newer or different driver No luck Also can't use Mat bleep a as a Message Tag here because it contains a coarse word for fecal matter Nice nbsp Other Details It's using a Microsoft driver v The specific file is called nbsp cdrom inf That suggests to me that it's not the correct driver but how would I know There's no driver available from the Acer support site Windows Pro nbsp nbsp

A:TravelMate P273-MG Cannot Burn Discs

If there is foul language in the Windows system, you are probably infected with some type of malware and it has probably disabled your DVD drive.Download Malwarebytes free, run it and see what it finds. https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/TravelMate-P273-MG-Cannot-Burn-Discs/td-p/429793/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop and my OS is Vista Home Premium SP - bit and a few weeks ago it's optical disk drive packed up I purchased a Samsung SE ext portable CD DVD burner as I use iTunes frequently for importing music albums this it does very well However earlier today I attempted to burn a disc but was unable to do so because after placing blank disc in the ext burner's disc tray and pushing in the laptop's disc tray automatically slid out and iTunes asked me to place a blank disc in it's tray What I would like to know is do I somehow have to disable uninstall the laptop's disc drive or is it a case of the ext burner not getting enough power from the one USB socket connection or do I need to connect with a Y cable for the extra power to fire it up I hope I've managed to convey the problem clearly and I would be grateful for any help Many thanks Brian

A:Unable To Burn Discs With Ext. CD/DVD Burner

I've always used Nero or Roxio for burning discs when my computer didn't come with software for the purpose.  I see Amazon has them for $15 and up.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539719/unable-to-burn-discs-with-ext-cddvd-burner/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Recently I acquired an mp player for my car and I thought I would go about burning some mp discs for my motoring and listening pleasure I am having some frustrating problems with this and I hope some kind discs... when problem mp3 to trying burn Frustrating person s here can explain why and how to fix it I use a media player called Media Frustrating problem when trying to burn mp3 discs... Monkey and I have also given it a try on WMP What I am trying to do is burn an mp disc of Beatles albums and I want to burn them to disc in my preferred order chronological date of release I would like the albums or playlists to use media player jargon to be in consecutively numbered files- that is to say I would like the Beatles first album to be in folder their second album in folder etc I have gone through about eight discs trying to get this right With Media Monkey after following advice on how best to configure disc burning format the most frustrating aspect was that it continued to put the tracks on the first album playlist in alphabetical order not the correct running order as I desired I numbered the mp s in the original file as advised and also numbered the tracks on the playlist as advised- all to no avail- MM continued to burn the first playlist alphabetically I had about six tries Also it burned the first playlist into folder no folder appears on disc After that folders appeared in correct Frustrating problem when trying to burn mp3 discs... order with tracks in correct sequence So I thought I would try WMP and initially I thought this would work I loaded up all the playlists albums in desired order and they seemed to be burning in correct order including that pesky first playlist What I ended up with was a disc that did not have the albums in chronological sequence as desired but some kind of random order The tracks on the albums were Frustrating problem when trying to burn mp3 discs... in correct sequence but started at folder So I am just wondering can someone possibly explain why I am having such a hard time burning a disc with the desired sequence of playlists and one that has consecutively numbered folders i e folder folder folder etc Thanks in advance to anyone who can preserve my sanity nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello ppl My Pioneer DVR CH combo drive may be on the fritz Here s an overview The drive s not terribly old bought new in Over a one-year period I ve tried drive burn Dang discs... Solved: DVD won't running multiple instances of burner apps under the likes of CDRWin ISORecorder InfraRecorder and Ashampoo Burn with no consistent success other than burning ISOs Open session burning only produces a variety of error messages along the lines of quot unreadable disc cannot read disc media is not blank non-blank disc non-writable media quot etc etc Admittedly I ve grown tired of what I suspect might be a dying drive though I ve not used it much at all The basic troubleshooting steps I ve taken of course include switching media and updating the firmware A clean XP install to remove malware didn t clear up the drive issue to my chagrin either Next I m pondering a drive cleaner kit - but Solved: Dang DVD drive won't burn discs... how dirty could the drive get if it was seldom used and its tray never left open other than inserting removing discs Perhaps noteworthy is that the drive has been a flying companion and I m wondering if the luggage monkeys roughed her up enough to throw off its writing laser even if it can read different media just fine Running WinXP Pro SP on a PIII GHz Coppermine Ooohs Aaahs nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

HP Pavilion PC Model RK A-ABA a n OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce LE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Not Burn Detected Can't Audio CDs-Blank Discs Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC NODUSM Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled CD DVD Hardware TSS Tcorp CD DVDW TS-H L It s been quite a while since I burned any audio discs but I used to do so all the time w no problem using the same PC and brand of discs as I ve been attempting to use now The unit can still read and play audio CDs and DVDs but when I m ready to burn tracks onto a blank disc now I get a message telling me Can't Burn Audio CDs-Blank Discs Not Detected to quot Insert a blank disc quot I ve tried burning from Rhapsody WMP and three different software programs-Same result every time I m prompted to insert a blank disc when one is already in the drive I ve done a lot of research tried uninstalling and reinstalling the hardware and made certain it was enabled for recording purposes Any advice suggestions willl be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Can't Burn Audio CDs-Blank Discs Not Detected

Please use the normal font. Yelling will not help you get more attention.

It may be time for a new drive. Can it burn DVD's or data CD's? Have you tried a different brand of disk? Is the lens dirty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-audio-cds-blank-discs-not-detected.1054662/
Relevancy 59.77%

The problem started when I tried to burn FLAC files to a blank CD using Nero. I recieved an error message stating that the burn failed, so I closed Nero. Oddly enough however, the DVD drive was still revving as though it was burning the CD, and it wouldn't stop or eject the disc. My only option was to restart my system, and after that the drive cannot read any disc or burn any disc using any program. I reinstalled the driver for the drive but that has no effect on the problem. When burning with Nero I now receive a "Power Calibration Error." The drive is a Lite-On DVDRW LH-18A1P.

A:CD/DVD Drive unable to read or burn discs.

Hi and welcome. The last time I saw that error message, I had to replace my drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-drive-unable-to-read-or-burn-discs.743275/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hiya, please help if you can. My son was mucking about on his Vaio Laptop windows 7 and did a terrible thing - he copied and pasted a script .vbs (pop out your dvd drive(?) I have no idea what that means, but it don't sound good, and now it is making a funny noise and wont play any discs. Any idea guys, would really appreciate the help. Many thanks.

A:Sony vaio laptop drive not recognising discs anymore

Hi Elaine22, Welcome to the forums , Your best option at this point in time is to do a system restore System Restore find a restore point prior to when your son messed around

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/224405-sony-vaio-laptop-drive-not-recognising-discs-anymore.html
Relevancy 58.91%

First of all hello, I'm new here.

I'm having trouble with my optical drive. When I load a disc into it, it will spin for minutes, but nothing happens. I cannot open audio cds, data cds/dvds nor can I burn any discs whatsoever.

Taken out of a dxdiag report: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633L ATA Device. Drivers are up-to-date.
Any ideas?

A:My laptop's DVD drive doesn't read nor write discs anymore.

If the drivers are up to date then i would have to say that more than likely the drive has had it and will have to be replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptops-dvd-drive-doesnt-read-nor-write-discs-anymore.1009375/
Relevancy 58.91%

I was using x Memorex DVD-R s for my NEC ND- AG firmware rev and ran out of those Bought Maxell x DVD-R s and get following error Did look on the net burn advice Solved: discs sought won't - DVD burner for a listing of NEC error codes to no avail My burner is supposed to Solved: DVD burner won't burn discs - advice sought be x but the burner software CDBurnerXP Pro always selects x for me Writing Error Error occurred writing data to disc Unknown error - use extended data Solved: DVD burner won't burn discs - advice sought for more information Error Sense Data SENSE KEY ASC ASCQ Other boards suggested firmware upgrade but looking at those I don t see that Solved: DVD burner won't burn discs - advice sought they will specifically allow the Maxell discs to work Do you suggest I go through the trouble of upgrading the firmware or just go out and buy a new drive They only cost now This drive is about years old Can you also tell me if I am supposed to be buying x discs since that is what it writes at Would it generally frowned on to try to run x discs on my x recorder I m not expecting to run them at x I just assumed any disc would work I always buy name brand discs Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: DVD burner won't burn discs - advice sought

Seeing no replies, I went ahead and bought a new DVD burner, about $40 with shipping. I can now burn 16x DVD's. Progress!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvd-burner-wont-burn-discs-advice-sought.556738/
Relevancy 58.91%

Note-I reset my PC to manufacturers settings in December I did this to clear out all the junk that had accumulated on my PC over the years since I bought it It s a Compaq model number CQ F After Solved: discs burn Windows Media Player using Can't reset I reloaded three applications and all the windows Home Premium updates When I tried to burn a cd yesterday I kept getting this error message- quot Windows Media Player encountered an error Solved: Can't burn discs using Windows Media Player while burning Verify that the burner is connected properly and that the disc is clean and not damaged quot I had no problem playing cd s or ripping tracks from cd s I decided to do an experiment today I tried to burn a disc using iTunes It worked perfectly That leads me to believe that the problem is a software issue related to either the hardware CD player on my pc or my version of Windows Media Player I m guessing during the reset something got purged that I need to reload in order to burn cd s using WMP Any suggestions on a possible fix nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

no question marks in devise manager
will open and close just will not start to play or burn
says please insert disk
just rolled back to orig. media player
then downloaded media 11 player no result
please help!!!!!!!!!!!11

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/player-not-reading-discs-audio-cannot-play-or-burn.644746/
Relevancy 58.91%

could you please tell me why my computer will not burn cd's anymore

A:cant burn cd's anymore

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Could you please look this over
http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...formation.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-burn-cds-anymore-183476.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop on Windows XP Media Centre Edition Lately burning DVD s CD s is increasingly failing to the point now its near of the time With Burn burn anymore CD/DVD's Cant at once Cant burn CD/DVD's anymore ashampoo it usually says its burnt but theres nothing on the CD With Nero I get a more full message which follows Any tests troubleshooting tips things to run etc please do help me out I m noting this in hardware as its not software specific actually really the laptop has an issue with burning and also the below Nero report says theres a power calibration error yakiki C Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Nero Nero Core Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created NT-SPTI used Nero Version Nero Express Recorder lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral HTS M AT atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S atapi Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S D CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled CD-ROM ISO Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD TRUE Multisession FALSE Burning mode TAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE Text File Burncd cpp Line MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S Buffer underrun protection activated Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line ReadBuffer-Pipe got KB of Memory Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running Text File Writer cpp Line Writer D MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S running ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Track-At-Once using CD-R RW media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks D MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S -------------------------------------------------------------- Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder D MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S for write in TAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep - lead-in x x - x x x x lead-out x x Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Removed run-out blocks from end of track Length - gt Text File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FCTL LOCK VOLUME Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at Text File MMC cpp Line Set BUFE Buffer underrun protection - gt ON SPTI - File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line CdRom SCSIStatus x WinError NeroError - Sense Key x KEY MEDIUM ERROR Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x A E Sense Area xF FF FF FF A A Buffer x Len x xC E AE F F A AA A C x F E CE AE x D BD E C F BE FD AB CDR - File Writer cpp Line Power calibration e... Read more

A:Cant burn CD/DVD's anymore

Power calibration errors are generally a sign of poor or incompatable media, however it could also be that you are trying to write to the media too fast.

I note it's CD-RW media according to the log, at 8x speed. That is the absolute maximum (8x) for the drive using CD-RW, not a good test.

Try lower speeds, it appears that you have also deselected the maximum speed sensing, that could prevent writing too fast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-cd-dvds-anymore.451167/
Relevancy 58.91%

Please help me get my computer working correctly Whenever I try to burn a cd on my cd drive using nero I get an error message right before the drive begins burning the burn anymore CD cant cd saying that the drive is being used by another application Below is the nero error log these are my girls songs I also included a hijackthis log below the nero log In addition when I turn my computer off and restart it my motorola surfboard modem cant burn CD anymore loses its drivers and needs to be reinstalled inorder to access the internet I have it connected through a usb cable and my isp is optimum online About weeks ago i got an Ipod nano and ever since I installed it along with Itunes I ve had all sorts of issues Pete P p c A - - - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created AM Nero version Nero Express Recorder lt HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B gt Version C - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI CD-ROM lt HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral IC L AVV - atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B atapi Port ID DMA On AutoRun Excluded drive IDs CmdQueuing CmdNotification WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat EraseSpeed BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Static Write Speed Table Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Audio CD PM CDADOC - File Cdadoc cpp Line Audio item log info Audio document burn settings Burn mode DAO CD Text On Cache disk or network files No Cache small files No Cache files smaller than bytes Audio Multisession No List of audio tracks Track Length Pause frames Filters Name The Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Gwen Stefani - Love Angel Music Baby - - Cool mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name - Black Eyed Peas - Pump It mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Queen - Somebody To Love mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Karma mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Eve - Beautiful Oblivion mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Beach Boys - Wouldn t It Be Nice mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Beach Boys - Good Vibrations mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Natasha Bedingfield - These Words mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Natasha Benningfield- Unwritten mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Alicia Keys- If I Aint Got You mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Shakira - Whenever Wherever mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Shakira ft Wyclef Jean- Hips Don t Lie MP Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Rihanna- SOS Rescue Me mp Total size PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Buffer Underrun Protection activated PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-at-once using CD-R RW media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode FALSE PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B CDR code OSJ entry from CMC Magnetics Corporation ATIP Data Special Info hex D A LI F B LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM AUDIO NOPRE The Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up mp indices index not provided original CD pos relocatable CD pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B TRM AUDIO NOPRE Gwen Stefani - Love Angel Music Baby - - Cool mp indices index not provided original CD pos relocatable CD pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B TRM AUDIO NOPRE - Black E... Read more

A:cant burn CD anymore

Have you tried disabling XP's built-in burning capabilty? I found this on a search:
The problem is then isolated to Windows XP's IMAPI service, which is used for managing CD imaging (ie. burning). Setting it to Manual was not enough, which I had set before. Setting it to Disable got rid of this problem. After that, it was smooth sailing with Nero 6.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-cd-anymore.463760/
Relevancy 58.91%

I used to be able to burn CDs just fine, and all of a sudden I wasn't able to anymore.
In windows media it says "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."
Ahh, help!

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a windows 8 laptop. It's a few years old. It has always worked great until recently. I cannot burn DVDs or CDs anymore. It plays them fine. It's a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-B08AB drive. When I look at the driver it says Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details. It says the driver has the current software. If I'm trying to burn a cd sometimes it will burn around half of the songs and then say there's an error. Sometimes it plays those songs and sometimes it doesn't. It did let me make a Blueray DVD once recently that played fine but nothing since then. I've tried multiple programs for burning a DVD or CD and no luck so far. Are there any programs that would clash with the drive? Any suggestions?

A:Can't burn DVDs or CDs anymore

When I look at the driver it says Windows did not start a related device driver.

If you right click the device in Device Manager->General tab. What is the device status? Is it working or is there an error code number?

Download and run Filter Load Order Tool. Select your drive. Click Clipboard the paste the result into next post

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/70951-cant-burn-dvds-cds-anymore.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi

I tried to burn a disc last night through windows media player and it keeps saying to connect a burn device.
I only burned a disc last week and it was working fine then so cannot understand why its saying that

Ive even tried to do it through iTunes thinking it was something to do with the media player but that wont work either! That looks like it's going to do it and says its writing the 1st song, then it cancels it and ejects the disc!

Any idea whats going on??

A:Solved: Cannot burn anymore!!

See if anything here helps: http://www.ehow.com/about_5449078_wont-windows-media-player-burn.html

Also, you should consider using dedicated burning software rather than using a media player to do that job.
Dedicated burning software often works when the media player method doesn't.

Contrary to what some people might think, you don't have to use a media player to burn music to CD/DVD.
In fact, doing it with a media player is a bad idea - but many people use that method because WMP and iTunes are already installed so it saves them having to install anything else.

You don't necessarily have to buy burning software (though they are usually better than the free ones). Some free ones here:

BurnAware: http://www.burnaware.com/
CDBurnerXP: http://cdburnerxp.se/ (despite it's name, it's not just for Windows XP).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-burn-anymore.1050742/
Relevancy 58.05%

I've burned DVD's on my laptop in the past, but now it won't burn onto DVD's anymore. I go through the steps, as usual with Nero, but nothing shows up on the disc afterwards. It does burn photos to CD-R's, but won't on DVD-R's. When I put a blanc DVD-R in the drive, it doesn't see it. It will play DVD's but the audio is jumpy and cuts out, for a split second, every few seconds. The audio seems to act like it's stopping for a milisecond, but it is not noticeable with the visual.

Does this sound like it's missing drivers or has a software problem or a hardware problem?

Can anyone help with this?

Relevancy 58.05%

help I can t burn DVD s anymore with my TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L A It used to work fine and it still reads DVD s but after I burn DVD s cd's does DVD burn burner anymore! not with Alcochol and everything seems to DVD burner does not burn cd's anymore! go well it even says everything got burned I put the CD again DVD burner does not burn cd's anymore! into the drive and it shows that the DVD is empty Nothing has burned on it though it showed progress bar during burning and i got the message that everything was completed succesfully So the DVD drive does everything reads Cd s dvd s seems to write on them but doesn t actually What could be wrong Plz help i desperately need to burn DVD s for work but cannot seem to find a solution One thing which culd be wrong is that a few weeks ago the slot for my headphones just stopped working suddenly I still get sound on my laptop but not via my earphones Could there have been some problem with the motherboard that also affected the DVD burner or is that improbable Thanks for the advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burner-does-not-burn-cds-anymore.884183/
Relevancy 58.05%

I m guessing it s more of a software problem than a hardware one so I put this in SOFTWARE PROBLEMS instead And I m also pretty sure I did it too I have a Dell WinXP SP and the burner is an NES ND- A CD broke anymore It CD/DVD/RW- my burn won't I DVD RW Yesterday I burned some CD s with MS MediaPlayer It worked just fine Afterward I was going through the Control Panel and thought I would I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore get rid of any programs I never or hardly used to free up some HDD space The only thing I could find that I never use was the Music Match Player I ve never used it once the whole years I ve had this computer so I baleeted it I ve always used either MS MediaPlayer or VLC Player for watching and listening to stuff So poof dummy me removed it from my Control Panel s Add Remove Programs list Now fast forward to today I went to make some more music CD s and my Media Player had a brain fart I put the disk in the drawer and waited for MP to read how many minutes were remaining on the disk so I could burn songs onto it It gave me a quot Connect a burner and restart the player quot announcement at the top instead of the usual Time Remaining on Disk display Also when I click My Computer instead of showing it as the usual single CD DVD-RW D drive letter designation on it it s now showing TWO separate drives named CD Drive D and a second CD I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore Drive E I only have the one burner on it tho The Music Match player was I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore the only thing I did to it but why would removing a music player affect the burning capabilities of the CD DVD-RW drive Aren t those drivers stored somewhere else like the System folder so that all programs can access them to make the burner work I ve reinstalled Media Player on it thinking maybe it would install a new burner driver with it but even after doing that the drive still won t burn anything and MP still gives the Connect a Burner announcement Any suggestions on how to correct it to make the burner function once again Thanks ahead of time wink

A:I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore

Just a quick follow up to my problem. I tried a lot of different remedies suggested by people in different forums to no avail. Nothing would make my comp read the drive as a burner. I even went to Roxio's Help Pages and tried some of their cures for the problem, but my comp still wouldn't read my CD/DVD/RW as a burner. Hell, I couldn't even use Defragment anymore it was so messed up from old virus attacks.By chance yesterday I was Googling for something totally unrelated and came across an easy cure. I knew my Windows files had to have been either corrupted or deleted by past virus attacks which was my main problem. I was reading some info about a particular virus when I saw the article mention you could use the built-in System File Checker to repair corrupted or missing protected System files. You just open the Command prompt and type in sfc /scannow and windows will scan through the Windows folder and fix or repair the bad files. I now have my burner back once more. I was kinda disheartened that this got no replies, but I thought I'd still post a follow up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239797/i-broke-my-cddvdrw-it-wont-burn-anymore/
Relevancy 58.05%

hello,
I am new to this site and am very thankful to have a place to ask questions. When trying to burn pictures to a CD we gat a message that "a suitable device was not detected". We have had this computer about 3 years (DELL) and have been able to burn pictures until about 6 monthes ago. Any suggestions? Once again we are so grateful that we have this site to look at. We have learned so much in just a couple days.

A:cant burn pictures anymore

Hello have you checked in device manager for any yellow or red symbols

Control panel /system/ hardware/
if you have please post back the results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-pictures-anymore.562321/
Relevancy 57.62%

hey, usually i use windows media player to burn my cds but for the past few months it always tells me to insert a new cd even when i put brand new cds into it, it says the same thing, i dont know why it just stopped recognizes the cds.

A:my Computer wont burn cds anymore

Welcome to TSF....

Are you using Roxio Easy cd creator?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-wont-burn-cds-anymore-277553.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hello ,

i had winxp workin very fine with nero on my plextor 24x , today after a week , i have noticed that i cannot burn cd's any more properly , i mean , when comp is restarted and a cd is bunred , it's burned properly , after that if any cd is 2 be burned , after 100% when nero is closin the cd , i get an fixation error , any ideaz guys why this happens ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doenst-let-nero-burn-cd-anymore.114944/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am having a problem with my cd rom , as in I cannot burn a cd, but it DOES read it, and uploading pics with my card reader as I have always done. I am thinking that something may have been deleted that shouldn't have. I would appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks and have a great night!

Debbie

A:Cannot upload pics or burn a cd anymore..

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_file_and_folder_diag/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-upload-pics-or-burn-a-cd-anymore.977245/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Matshita DVD-RAM SW 95735, I have burned many cds buy using windows drag and drop utility. Now when I try it tells me there is no disk in the drive. Also it no longer shows cd record tab under properties and under the registry it dosn't show it as a DVD/CDR drive, but it used to. I have installed a new firmware, unistalled, reinstalled. It will still write to the ram with no problem but this problem has me and my friend totally at a loss. Please HELP!!!

Relevancy 57.62%

It won't burn anymore. The past 3 dvd's i tried burning. I know I'm doing it right, I've done this a million times, there is something wrong with the drive or something (not wrong with me). I'm burning an ISO. I've tried using Nero 7 Ultra ISO burner and DVD Decrypter to burn. Nero errors out and Decrypter just sits there at 0% with 100% buffer.
The ISO is no longer protected, so it burned correctly. If I burn it on another computer, it works fine.

A:DVD burner wont' burn anymore

Some things you can try:If you recently installed some burning software, uninstall it.Use the fix given on this Microsoft page.Use a different brand of CD/DVD.Clean the laser using one of those drive cleaning kits (or if it is a laptop, carefully wipe the laser with a soft dry cloth).Open the Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc"). Locate the CD/DVD drive, right click on it and select "Uninstall". After it has uninstalled reboot the computer (it will be automatically reinstalled).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272646/dvd-burner-wont-burn-anymore/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi i´ve been burning audio cd´s for quite a while, with no probs, but now whenever i try to burn audio cd, all i get is an error, no explanation or nothing, tried in other progs, but still error, i can burn a divx x disc through divx player fine, but why not audio on anything, seems strange, other day i lost drive all together, but got it back by deleting lowerfilter.bak entry, as was advised, i am using vista and laptop is acer aspire 3690 drive is hl-dt-st dvdram gsa t20n, standard, not sure what to do whether to uninstall, i am noob at this stuff, so will it re-istall after reboot, any help would be most apprieciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-won%C2%B4t-it-burn-anymore-error.670260/
Relevancy 57.62%

All of the sudden I can't burn DVDs anymore. I can still watch DVDs on my PC, I can still burn music CDs, but when I burn a DVD I get a long list of errors which ends with

[17:30:25] <---MT---> 5:30:23 PM #25 TRANSFER -27 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1799
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Could not perform start of Disc-at-once
[17:30:25] <---MT--->
[17:30:25] <---MT---> 5:30:23 PM #26 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 278
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Burn process failed at 2.4x (3,324 KB/s)
[17:30:25] <---MT--->
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Existing drivers:
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Registry Keys:
[17:30:25] <---MT---> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

Can someone please help me....I use Nero if that matters

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-all-of-the-sudden-cant-burn-dvds-anymore.512730/
Relevancy 56.76%

Someone help please I m not that new to the game but I have come across one that has stumped me for quite a few days now I cannot copy music mp to audio cd or data files with my burner I know the burner works because it still allows me to back up my movies For the movie back-ups I use DVD Shrink with AnyDVD running in the back ground DVD Shink uses Nero as the burning software but whenever I try to use just Nero or Windows XP or WMP to burn music all I get is a bunch of error ridden coasters WMP goes through the whole motions Tells me my files are quot ready to burn quot Then when I click on quot burn quot it inspects converts everything then it burns the first song but as soon as it jumps to the next one it tells me quot closing quot and it closes the rest of the songs I have files Burn Music or anymore Data Can't tried the songs in differnt oreder and even put a whole new list of songs on but still the same thing happens Nero goes to about on the Can't Burn Music or Data files anymore burn and then I get quot Burn process failed at XXXX quot I have tried WinAmp same end result nothing I have used converters to convert mp to wma prior to burn but still the same result coaster My Burner is set as the recordable device under its properties I have tried several different types of CD-R I have always used Memorex and have not had a problem until now I have been all through the options of WMP and as far as I can tell it all looks good I have re-installed Nero WMP and WinAmp a couple of times each I have tried some new codecs but to be honest I am not even sure which ones I should have Could there be a setting that I am just overlooking Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Dell P AOPEN x burner Windows XP Pro gig HD over half still free nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Windows Media works just fine but for some reason isn t importing all of my new iTunes songs into the library so the point is sort of moot Any help would be appreciated Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack Build Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario CQ Notebook PC iTunes QuickTime FairPlay Apple Application Support iPod Updater Library d CD Driver CD Driver DLL Apple Mobile Device CD's (error anymore!! 4500) won't burn iTunes Apple Mobile Device Driver not found Bonjour iTunes Serial Number BC Current user is not an administrator The current local date and time is - - iTunes is not running in safe mode Video Display Information NVIDIA NVIDIA GeForce M G External Plug-ins Information No external plug-ins installed Genius ID ce f be f ea bcdc iPodService is currently running iTunesHelper is currently running Apple Mobile Device service is currently running CD DVD Drive Tests No drivers in LowerFilters UpperFilters GEARAspiWDM E Slimtype DVD A DS A S-A Rev H Audio CD in drive Found songs on CD playing time on CDROM media Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Audio CD reading succeeded Get drive speed succeeded The drive CDR speeds are The drive CDRW speeds are iTunes won't burn CD's anymore!! (error 4500) The drive DVDR speeds are The drive DVDRW speeds are The last failed audio CD burn had error code x It happened on drive E Slimtype DVD A DS A S-A on CDR media at speed X nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-wont-burn-cds-anymore-error-4500.929895/
Relevancy 56.76%

All of a sudden when I view the folder that my .ISO file is in I get a Windows Explorer error, I tried deleting it and the error doesn't show up anymore. I put the image on my computer again and same error shows up, it's the error where it just asks if you want to send the report to Windows..

It's weird, I don't know whats going on but it's getting pretty annoying. When I try to burn the image the same error message pops up. I've tried this with different types of .iso files and burning programs.. so .. does anyone know whats wrong? I thought it was a spyware problem so I ran Adaware and Spybot and still no luck..

Any help would do, Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey everyone This post is in regards to a SATA drive I have Its worked fine I have other similar SATA Hard drives no problems with my ASUS K VE Deluxe Mobo Anyways I was trying to burn a video file trying it anymore Hard DVD file not detected Drive to Burn from after to a DVD-R using the DivxToDVD program and a few Hard Drive not detected anymore after trying to Burn DVD file from it minutes of it the blue screen of death came up and I don t even remember what it said but it was the typical exception error yada yada So I rebooted and the drive the video file was being burned from Drive quot G quot wasn t detected the shortcut on my desktop showed a question mark over the icon I clicked it and now it says quot The drive or network connection that the shortcut Drive G Ink refers to is unavailable Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and then try again quot I rebooted twice since then and its the same issue I even tried downloading the program quot Recover my files quot but it detects everything except Drive G I don t know if there s a way to get back into it either in safe mode or just using a program or something I m desperate here because I had a bunch of files held on the drive Thanks for your time -Tim nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys This may be a confusing post to read I know it is to write after having all these problems for months anymore, Problems - Audio Tons Cannot Skips, Recording of etc CD's/DVD's burn but I m wondering if anyone here would have any input or suggestions It Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc all started off when audio would Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc have skips in it while recording from the line in on the soundcard or when doing a live radio broadcast over the internet I had a Sound Blaster Augidy Platinum which I thought would be a good card I called Creative a few times but their suggestions were already done I already had the latest drivers I had DMA turned on on my hard Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc drives etc etc I decided to take the Creative card out and try the onboard sound No change The skipping still happens Now this isn t some old slow computer It s a few month old AMD with a gig of ram The motherboard is a Giga-Byte K NS Pro All of a sudden one day I tried to burn a DVD and couldn t It kept saying quot Illegal Disc quot before it even started I figured it was a single bad disc because the other ones in the same pack worked the week before So I went to two different Wal-Marts trying to return that single disc in exchange for a new one Neither location had any RW s so I couldn t exchange it I bought a pack of DVD R just to try those because I needed to get that DVD burned I came back and tried It kept saying quot Illegal Disc quot just like before I had now used up of the DVD s in the pack I tried a rd and it started to burn but then failed at or so I thought to try a th Here are the errors from those tries PM SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY MEDIUM ERROR Sense Code x C Sense Qual x CDB Data x A x x x x B x x x x x x x Sense Data xF x x x x x xB x x x x x x C x PM CDR - File Writer cpp Line Write error PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line conversion idle stopping reader PM Text File DVDR cpp Line EndDAO Last written address was PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process failed at x KB s Click to expand PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Start formatting disc before burning PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Formatting disc was successful PM Text File DVDPlusRW cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes PM SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x FE Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY ILLEGAL REQUEST Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x A x x x x x x x x x x x Sense Data x x x x x x x x x x x x x x PM CDR - File Writer cpp Line Illegal disc PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line conversion idle stopping reader PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process failed at x KB s Click to expand I gave up for that night but the next day I needed to burn a CD That failed as well PM Text File Mmc cpp Line Set BUFE Buffer underrun protection - gt ON PM Text File Mmc cpp Line CueData Len a a e b e d d c e aa c PM SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x BA Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY HARDWARE ERROR Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x A x x x xCC x x x x B x x x Sense Data x x x x x x x x A x x x x x x PM CDR - File Writer cpp Line Focus or tracking error PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process failed at x KB s Click to expand I posted around on some other boards and they suggested several things like bad burner bad memory etc Here is what I have done so far to troubleshoot this - R... Read more

A:Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc

Okay, I was just looking in Event Viewer to try to find a problem related to another application (randomly freezing and using up 100% CPU). I couldn't find anything on that problem, but I see several things in "System" related to "cdrom". Here are some:

I see several of these:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Cdrom
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7
Date: 5/21/2005
Time: 12:16:19 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MKPAMD64
Description:
The device, \Device\CdRom4, has a bad block.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

A couple of these:

Event Type: Error
Event ID: 11
Date: 5/21/2005
Time: 9:02:31 PM
Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom1.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

And a few of these:

Event Type: Warning
Event ID: 51
Date: 5/14/2005
Time: 12:29:27 AM
Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging operation.

Thanks.

-Mark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tons-of-problems-cannot-burn-cds-dvds-anymore-recording-audio-skips-etc.369134/
Relevancy 52.89%

I got a dual layer burner and I'm having a devil of a time burning disks to it. I've tried imation and philips. Both are a no-go. Both disks are single layer. Do I need dual layer disks or is my software, Nero 6 at fault. Or is there a trick to it I don't know about?

A:Will a dual layer dvd burner burn single layer discs

The ones I have seen burn both however there may be one somewhere that does not. In short, check the specs.

Nero 6 is pretty old; it may not support dual layer type disks. Have you tried either cdburnerxp or imgburn? Both are excellent freeware apps. Cdburnerxp is the easier to use; I would say imgburn is for more experienced users.

Tried to put in a link for cdburnerxp however their site seems to be down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-dual-layer-dvd-burner-burn-single-layer-discs.965819/
Relevancy 46.01%

My problem is not with this computer I have also Compaq cq z- Windows Vista Home Premiun SP my problem is this Somehow I got a virus after being so effing careful to boot Now when I start my laptop I get a quick flash of the command prompt window followed by a quick blank blue screen and then these things repeat themselves and then nothing works except my mouse will move So I tried what I know recovery and such It will not do anything in safe mode at all either It will not let me change the boot drive order I guess that is what it is called to the disc drive to run the recovery from my discs So I got a friend to look at it He says that my operating system is fried He said I need to call recovery discs discs system Operating vs Acer and buy an operating system disc set Ok my question is this are these discs different than the set of discs that I made when I first got my computer the ones Operating system discs vs recovery discs I call the recovery discs Also why would I need to get them from Acer Wouldn t I get them from HP or Compaq since this is who I bought my computer from I am holding off spending the money to buy these new discs until I am certain that they are what I need to fix my computer And if this guy really knows what he is doing Any help is greatly appreaciated nbsp

A:Operating system discs vs recovery discs

Your friend told you to call Acer for help with a Compaq computer? If so, I wouldn't go to that friend for any more technical help.

If you already have recovery/restore/operating system disks (whatever you want to call them), then you don't need to purchase anything else. You need to boot from them. Explain what you mean by "it will not let me change the boot order". Does that mean you don't know how? Your BIOS is password protected? They keyboard doesn't work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/operating-system-discs-vs-recovery-discs.991860/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm getting very nervous that I haven't made these impt system recovery discs. I bought 10 CDs at the time I bought PC and was assured they were the right type. When I got ready to create the discs, my PC said I would need 18 CDs. I backed out at that point so don't know if the ones I have are the right kind.

I'm going out this week to buy some more, but still have doubts I'm getting the right kind.

My HP guide says I need: CD-R

What I have is: SONY CD-R AUDIO (compact disc digital audio recordable)

Have I got the right kind? Thanks so much. Fox

A:Solved: What kind of discs needed to make "System Recovery Discs"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-kind-of-discs-needed-to-make-system-recovery-discs.512425/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have gb external drive I don't mind using the external drive to burn the system image on as i barely ever use it and yes it still works However I worry about system image being re written by virus burn messag or to Question to System burn cds? image in external drive should i ever get a virus spyware malware ect on my external drive and then the viruses re enters my system everytime System image burn to external drive or burn to cds? Question in messag i use the system image The whole point of even me using the system image would be in the event i get a virus and i just can't rid of it or I just really wanna be sure its gone So i use the system image to delete everything and restore only what was on the system image So my question is do you think if be the safer bet to just store the system image on none-rewritable cds Perhaps this is not very convenient as i would need more than probably cds but would it be safer and would it let me install it on more than cd I think the system image is about gbs So i may need up to cds to store gbs each going from part to part Is it going to let me do that Oh and i just might make a back up on my external drive as just as emergency back up in the given case one or all my cds don't fully work or should one out of ever fail

A:System image burn to external drive or burn to cds? Question in messag

Hello Trent,

It would be best to create the system image on a HDD instead. A CD/DVD is less reliable to restore from, and more expensive for how many you would need.

You can do what's in the NOTE box at the top of the tutorial below to keep multiple copies of system images on the same HDD. This way you can create a system image backup that you know is clean, rename the backup folder to keep it so new system images will not replace it. Just repeat this every so often to have a updated system image that you know is clean.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/117428-system-image-burn-external-drive-burn-cds-question-messag.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone A few days ago I suddenly couldn't update AVG anymore It always gives me an error telling me the connection with the server failed I also noticed that I can't connect Limewire P P program anymore and opening movie streams in Windows Media Player doesn't work anymore either I searched some forums for a solution and I found someone with a similar problem who also told he couldn't execute the quot cmd quot and quot regedit quot commands anymore anymore, AVG Can't update cmd regedit ... don't work anymore, and I tried it on my own computer and I can't run those things anymore either When I try executing them the explorer goes all weird and shuffles the program bars on the task bar I've manually downloaded the latest updates Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... for AVG installed them and did a full scan that didn't find a thing I also ran Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... AdAware which said I had some malware which I removed with it Then I also ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which found some more malware so I removed it rebooted my pc but the problems still exist I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem because it's really anoying Here's my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http games telenet be index phpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Telenet InternetR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName KoppelingenO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ClickCatcher MSIE ha... Read more

A:Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ...

Hi Tom,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.Please download http://OTListIt2 by OldTimer.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the OTListIt2 icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Type or copy and paste in the Custom Scans/Fixes section: drivers32Click Run Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them to your reply:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized[*]Tell me also if you have set a proxy server or you recognize these setting:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.17.2:8080R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 10.10.10.26;192.168.2.103;192.168.101.70;192.168.101.74;localhost;<local>[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226154/cant-update-avg-anymore-cmd-and-regedit-dont-work-anymore/
Relevancy 41.71%

I m not sure if this is the right section but here s the problem can but files burn pictures burn Solved: can't to disc I I Yesterday I tried to burn a folder containing pictures about MB worth and a few WordPad files onto a brand new blank CD-RW disc with MB of space using the Mastered format When I tried burning the files to disc I got Solved: I can't burn pictures to disc but I can burn files a message saying quot There was an error burning this disc It might no longer be usable quot I tried using another blank disc and got the same error I also tried using an older CD-R disc that still had Solved: I can't burn pictures to disc but I can burn files plenty of room on it and I still got the same error I also tried burning just the pictures and not the files and got the same error I then tried to burn just the files and not the pictures This time it worked I was able to burn the WordPad files to the disc but not the pictures Any ideas why this is happening I was able to burn pictures onto a blank disc just weeks ago without any problems but now it won t work I m using a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows Vista Basic nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

hello guy's...!!!this forum is great...keep it rolling...it is very good...!!!
now i have a question for you!!!can i burn a cd/dvd while i am defragmenting the partition from where i want to burn the data?i didn't tried this thing yet...but i don't want to have some problems so I am asking you if you know something about this...!!!best regards...!!!!greetings!!!

A:can i burn a cd/dvd while i'm defrgmenting a partition from where a want to burn data

I can't say that I've tried that myself. I guess it could be possible that the data could be corrupted if the files that you're burning are being moved at the time, but that chance is pretty low I suppose. Give it a try if you want to, but don't be surprised if everything runs extremely slow, or if the CD ends up having corrupted data. I'd advise either pausing the defrag or just waiting until it finishes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-i-burn-a-cd-dvd-while-im-defrgmenting-a-partition-from-where-a-want-to-burn-data-389839.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am using Nero to burn media movies and have been successful on a few attempts but lately I have been getting an error message and am not sure what it means Any help is greatly appreciated A - - - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero API version Using interface version Installed in C Program Files Ahead Nero Application ahead Nero - Burning Rom Internal Version e Recorder lt TEAC DVD RW DV-W E gt Version D C - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI Scsi-Device-Map CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B movies to burn Error Failed Burn when trying atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral TEAC DVD RW DV-W E atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral WDC WD JD- HKA atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B D CDRom TEAC DVD RW DV-W E E CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Burn Failed Error when trying to burn movies Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled NeroAPI PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation started PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation completed no file modified PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files sorted PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM StartDrmRecording RealRec ImageRec Copies DRM Beginning burn process PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer TEAC DVD RW DV-W E running PM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder TEAC DVD RW DV-W E Media type DVD R Disc Manufacturer ID CMC MAG Media Type ID E Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks TEAC DVD RW DV-W E -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder TEAC DVD RW DV-W E for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files started PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files completed PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at PM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- DVD Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD R Part Version x Disc Size mm Maximum Rate lt not specified gt F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path PTP Layer Type recordable Linear Density um bit Track Density um track Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area h DVD-ROM DVD-R -RW DVD R RW End Physical Sector Number of Data Area F h End Sector Number in Layer h LBN FFFD h MB Data in Burst Cutting Area BCA does not exist Disc Application Code h Extended Information indicators h Disc Manufacturer ID CMC MAG Media type ID E Product revision number Number of Physical format information bytes in use in ADIP up to byte Media Sp... Read more

A:Burn Failed Error when trying to burn movies

What kind of movies are you burning? Are you using DVD Shrink first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burn-failed-error-when-trying-to-burn-movies.52084/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,

I'm using an Asus G50v, and can't wait to try out Windows 7, but I'm a little worried about recovering Vista afterwards. I don't have actual Windows Vista OS discs, to keep costs down on my laptop Asus gave me a set of recovery dvds, which only work MY computer. They restore the computer back to the origional factory settings like using the windows.old file (I think, I've had to wipe the computer once, I pressed f9 during startup and started windows with OEM, although the disc was in the drive, I'm not sure if it was actually used).

I'm worried that If I install Windows 7 some Asus specefic files will be deleted and once August 1 rolls around I won't be able to re-install vista.

I have vista 64 home premium, if that helps.

A:Recovery discs instead of vista OS discs, can I still get vista after August 1?

Quote: Originally Posted by The angry Asus User

Hello,

I'm using an Asus G50v, and can't wait to try out Windows 7, but I'm a little worried about recovering Vista afterwards. I don't have actual Windows Vista OS discs, to keep costs down on my laptop Asus gave me a set of recovery dvds, which only work MY computer. They restore the computer back to the origional factory settings like using the windows.old file (I think, I've had to wipe the computer once, I pressed f9 during startup and started windows with OEM, although the disc was in the drive, I'm not sure if it was actually used).

I'm worried that If I install Windows 7 some Asus specefic files will be deleted and once August 1 rolls around I won't be able to re-install vista.

I have vista 64 home premium, if that helps.

Maybe you should make a backup image of your hdd, at least that way it would be exactly the way it was b4 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/1902-recovery-discs-instead-vista-os-discs-can-i-still-get-vista-after-august-1-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I was in the middle of burning a DVD from AVI file...when I seen that it was going to take 59mins I clicked the stop burn...then nero locked up...so I had to ctrl, alt & del....to close it out...so then I restarted nero & restarted the burn as a data file....now after putting the blank disk in the rom it will not see the disk..as if its not blank...so I can no longer burn cd/dvd's @ all...its if the drivers for the burner no longer work..IDK its making me nuts...

I did uninstall and reinstall nero 7 and checked the device manager for any errors..

system:
2.8P4, Win XP, 2gig DDR3, 120gig SATA 7200, TDK burner, 6800GTX G4...its old with a pull start

thanxs for any help...
-Paul

A:Solved: Burn then NO Burn

Burner info

TDK DVDRW840G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burn-then-no-burn.888446/
Relevancy 36.55%

i wanna try overclocking my p2mmx what's the best multiplier speed to use without making a really neat looking board/cpu sculpture heh!

Relevancy 36.55%

I own a Window'sXP computer. I'm still trying to learn how to use my burner that came with the computer. I have corrected the speed to the proper timing . I hit the "burn" tab to start the process ,I'm informed to install a new disc. I have placed a new disc in the tray,but still get the same request! The data is already to go.The songs are installed in the computer . My burn list is ready.What am I missing from this problem that occurs?

Relevancy 36.55%

After installing XP SP3 in my desktop and in my laptop, I attempted a DVD+RW burn moving files using Windows Explorer and immediately ruined the disk. The disk shows full with only one file of zero bytes labeled Non-Allocatable Space. This file cannot be deleted. I have ruined several disks in ineffective troubleshooting. Both computers exhibit similar characteristics and I cannot erase nor format this disk in either computer. This problem is not evident in writing to a CD-R, it is limited to DVD burning.
Microsoft finally took control of my desktop and worked diligently with the computer for over an hour. Their troubleshooting process included the deletion of Nero and Roxio programs to no avail. The assigned tech finally had to turn it over to Research for further troubleshooting which has not yet happened.
To briefly summarize, I can burn a CD but cannot burn a DVD in either computer. Inputs anyone?

A:Can burn CDs but cannot burn DVDs

Hi Harvey,

Here is a link to help un-install SP3. There have been some issures with SP3 and AMD processors, though you didn't say what you had.

http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-...iate-versions/

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-burn-cds-but-cannot-burn-dvds-264139.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I can burn mp3 cd's but when i choose audio cd on itunes it cancels the burn about a minute later. help please.

Relevancy 36.55%

Is there a software package, preferably free, that will allow me to burn my digital photographs onto CD/R; CD/RW, add music either from my hard drive or via audio CD, and then allow me to view the finished product on a stand alone DVD player as well as my PC.

I am running XP with a fairly run of the mill PC (ie not terribly powerful)

Thanks

jampot

A:Burn baby burn!

Try this: http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burn-baby-burn.247638/
Relevancy 36.55%

Nero burn is not burning my CD-R I get an error message just seconds after I start the burn process that reads -Buffer Underrun -Could not perform end track -invalid write state -could not perform end track -simulation failed Nero won't burn CD-R Burn: x MB S I was able to burn AVI s movies to CD but once I tried to watch these movies I got an error message on my screen quot cyclic redundancy error quot which I came to understand means that the data on my CD was damaged I am using a CD-R x- x speed MB Min no name brand Pretty much your basic CD-R I am burning with Nero Burn c - I had no trouble burning cd about week ago IMPORTANT - The only thing new that I installed on my computer was AC -ACM decompressor I installed this to allow my Nero Burn: won't burn CD-R Premiere program to identify AC compressed audio files which in turn allow Premiere to import these files without giving me errors like quot unsupported compression quot Please help I can t burn AVI s movies or MP s music nbsp

A:Nero Burn: won't burn CD-R

under runs used to be a big problem with slow pcs.
when you burn CD's do you continue to use the PC and do you have lots of programs running
with nero v5 can you do a verification run after the burn which will check crc's etc - i know version6 has this option as i fixed my neighbours problem yesterday

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-burn-wont-burn-cd-r.237881/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello, I burned a successful ISO with windows and it verified but I often read that Image burn is the way to go with ISO burns, should I burn one with that software as well and is there any difference?

Thank you

A:Disc image with windows or should i burn with with image burn.

ImgBurn is a high quality program, but the larger point is whether or not the ISO burned with Windows will do what you want it to do. If yes, I'd probably just go with it, although there's no reason not to have a duplicate copy if it's really important stuff.

I wouldn't rely on "verification". If you want to know if it works, try using it for its intended purpose, whatever that is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/329139-disc-image-windows-should-i-burn-image-burn.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Are "System Repair Discs" (like described e.g. here:
System Repair Disc - Create)

the same as "System Recovery Discs" (like described e.g. here:
Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs &#x2014; The NeoSmart Files)

If not: What are the differences?

Peter

A:Are "System Repair Discs" = "System Recovery Discs" ?

Yes, they are the same thing. They give you the option to launch repair from the dvd/cd. They CANNOT be used to reinstall windows.

Just FYI, till some time ago OEM computers came with a vendor-supplied "Restore" disk (also called recovery disk sometimes). These are completely different from the ones you have listed. These let you reinstall the os and in some cases the mobo drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/112681-system-repair-discs-system-recovery-discs.html
Relevancy 33.11%

We just purchased a new car for my wife and the stereo system has the ability to play MP or WMA discs If I understand this technology correctly these discs can hold as much as times the music as a conventional CD Therefore we are quite interested in trying it However according to the new car s manual any songs that have DRM on one of these types of discs will not play and be skipped We have quite a large collection of our favorites purchased from Wal-Mart music downloads and I m pretty sure that they all have a And Discs Or Wma Dmr Mp3 DRM I have done a small amount of research on the Internet and I understand that these DRMs can be removed from songs and that it is perfectly legal However I really don t know what my best method would be I would like to ask for advice on what the easiest and most trouble-free method would be to remove these DRMs so that we can try to burn an MP or WMA disc We have Sonic DigitalMedia Plus it came with the PC and I believe that what we would want to do is create a quot Jukebox CD quot Thank you to all who take the time to reply

A:Mp3 Or Wma Discs And Dmr

D(igital)R(Rights)M(anagement) Removal wasnt exactly legit last time I checked. The easiest way to make an MP3 cd is to "rip" your own CDs and then burn those files w/o DRM to a New Disc

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93738/mp3-or-wma-discs-and-dmr/
Relevancy 33.11%

morning this may go under vista discs? right i do the have but i did not see this until i installed windows here it goes i used the recovery discs gateway sent me to clean up my DESKTOP got it all back to vista just like the day i bought it now i upgraded to windows right discs? do i have the both bit i tried the custom install but kept lockingup stop installing after the st boot black screen w curser blinking in top left corner did it twice so went w upgrade and it worked now when i go on the inter net w look at couple of pages and when i click on the arrow in top left corner to go back a page it wont go click on the tiny arrow to see hstory the last pages said are turmi net ads what is turmi and also my hidden partition showed up called PQSERVICE X this is my restore partition but did a google serch on both and both say they are only on laptops but this is a desk top did i use the wrong install disc from gateway sorry being so long ron nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hey Guys, I was wondering, I want to put a film onto disc, i have a Philips External DVD-RW, And the Film is about 750MB, Where can i buy discs that have that much space per disc?

Relevancy 33.11%

I ordered an SSD and when it gets here I have chosen this as an opportune time to install my OS from scratch. I bought the W7 discs and used them on my current HD. But I have heard that you cannot install the OS another drive, because Microsoft puts a limit on it. But I have also heard that you can transfer use of the OS, just not use the same disc with two different computers.
Is there anything I need to do other than load my discs up with my new SSD?
Guys I know my wording is so epically bad, I really do not know how to word this correctly. In the end I just don't want to spend hours installing my W7 discs on my new SSD only to have them tell me I need to somehow transfer ownership to it from the old HD.

A:How do I use my W7 discs with new SSD?

It is the same machine, do not worry about it. I have done it many times. It will activate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/285164-how-do-i-use-my-w7-discs-new-ssd.html
Relevancy 33.11%
Q: discs

I tried to take out my disc player in which failed I yanked a bit too much like a bull in a china shop on the casing it bent out of shape a little bit. I put the outer casing back started the computer up put a disc in the disc player and it would not play. A box came up please enter disc I took the disc out put it back in repeatedly, same thing please put a disc in no disc has been entered or words to that effect. Can anyone of you nice people help please I would be very grateful thank you.

Relevancy 33.11%

are there CD-R discs with greater capacity than 700MB? i have about 730MB of files i need to put on ONE disc, but i only have 700MB CD-Rs...looking at Nero, it has limits up to 750MB....so is there a 750MB CD-R out there?

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi
When I insert a cd/dvd into my pc then log onto my computer to open up the disc i find i am unable to do this.my laptop is a fujitsu/amilo: can anyone help

Relevancy 33.11%

A friend runs a E machine with Windows Media Centre installed that came supplied with a OEM installation disc. Is it possible to slipstream SP3 onto this type of disc? Also if the occasion arises and the HD has to be formatted is the procedure the same as a format with a standard retail Wndows installation disc. Also another anomaly I have noticed is that when I run Belarc Advisor on his machine the license number for WMC is different from that supplied with the machine.

Any advice appreciated.

shipboard.

A:OEM discs

Read what Flibby says.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/foru...eamed-oem-disk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/oem-discs-351217.html
Relevancy 33.11%

It seems that my ps2 isnt always reading the disc and i try the same disc and several other discs several times and it may work 1 out of 30 times.MIGHT! i even ran them through a disc doctor. i just want to kno if u have a solution to my probblem. just get it to me as soosn as possible. thanx

ben

A:ps2 discs

I like the completely random poll...

Anyway, have a look at this thread, there seems to be tons of useful information in there, something will probably be helpful...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps2-discs.203740/
Relevancy 33.11%

hey people

can anyone tell me the best DVD-R discs on the market today. i have read a lot about Ridisc Extreme (G05) and these seem to be the best. anyone clarify on that?

i need discs that will re-read on mostly all DVD players and are good quality in burning and playback.

thnks people....please help

Relevancy 33.11%

What Dvd discs do you guys use for the average Dvd player +R or -R
coz +R don't seem to work although the RW Disc that came with
the writer does

A:Dvd Discs

That would depend on your player, some won't recognize a format other than the one they were designed for. If it was designed for -R it won't always read a +R.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-discs.188608/
Relevancy 33.11%

I would like to know how to use DVD-Ram discs on my Pioneer DVR-112 please?
I have conflicting information about using NERO software and alternatively not doing that but formatting the UDF preformatted discs to FAT 32 instead.
I had been told that it should be possible to drag and drop files within Windows XP and use the discs like a normal hard-drive without using any burning software. When full the discs can be re-formatted and used again.
Is any of this information correct please or what should I be doing to use and re-use these discs?

Many thanks for any advice,
James

A:DVD RAM Discs

Not at all. I think the only thing you must have, as a requirement to read DVD-RAM's, is that your dvd drive, the Pioneer, must be able to read DVD-RAM's. It's just like when you try to put a DVD in a CD drive, it wont recognize it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-ram-discs.586733/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have both a DVD-RW and CD-RW drives on my PC but I always seem to get problems when using CD-RW and DVD-RW discs.

For example, if I try to burn music to CD-RW discs I get an error message but it works fine if I use CD-R discs and the same goes for if I try to put a movie on DVD, get an error when writing to the DVD if I use DVD-RW discs but no problem if I use DVD-R discs.

Can anyone advise why this might be happening.

Thanks

A:Cd-rw & Dvd-rw Discs

Here is a Link on Packet Writing. Read this at your own risk.Anyhow, a CD/DVD ReWritable needs different software to use the disc over and over programs such as Nero InCD, Roxio, Drag-To-Disc , Sonic Solutions Drive Letter Access, etc Here is the wikipedia article on packet writing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102064/cd-rw-dvd-rw-discs/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am running Windows XP and have a Piodata DVR-108DX burner.
I have the latest upgrade from Piodata which is supposed to enable the use of 16X discs.
Can anyone offer me some help as I seem to be having trouble burning with these discs.
I have clone DVD and also DVD Shrink.
What speed should I set the recording to?
Thank you.

A:Using DVD-R 16X discs

Per TSG rules, you will probably not get any help here with using programs that are for copying copy protected DVD discs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-dvd-r-16x-discs.549560/
Relevancy 32.68%

Alright, so, I bought a Compaq Presario about a year ago and it came with a DVD-rom 16x drive. This drive worked up to about a month or so ago. I cannot think of anything that could have happened to trigger this defect. Also my computer recognizes the Drive but it recgonizes it as a Cd drive.

When i put a disc in the drive (Dvd or otherwise) it does not read it. It starts to spin and the light flashes a few times and then it just stops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rom-does-not-play-any-discs-help.438463/
Relevancy 32.68%

Can some one advise where I can download the

The 3 Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Installation and Emergency repair disks.

Thanks

A:Nt 4.00 system discs

You won't need them if your system can boot from the CD, and the ERD is made from within the OS. If your system isn't bootable from the CD you can always make a set off of the CD itself. You can do this on a Win95/98 PC as well. Insert you WinNT CD and do the following:

Change to the /i386 folder on your CD-ROM drive, type winnt /ox at the command prompt, and press [Enter]. The /ox switch tells Windows NT Setup to create boot floppies for either CD-ROM or floppy-based installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-4-00-system-discs.59518/