Windows Support Forum

Acer Aspire screen problem and only boot to Acer screen

Q: Acer Aspire screen problem and only boot to Acer screen

My Acer Aspire 5612z, Dual-core celeron, 2GB ram, vista home premium 32bit, has two separate problems. Screen is filled with vertical red blue and white vertical stripes, if I tap the screen frame then the picture is ok for 30 mins or so, then goes stripey again. (Poss fault on FL board?).
Second, Laptop boots, 20 seconds, to Acer screen then stops.
Can only switch off power from that point.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer Aspire screen problem and only boot to Acer screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer Aspire screen problem and only boot to Acer screen

Tapping the screen you could have a loose connection from the LCD Panel to the MOBO connector, but you see if you did the screen would dim out. In your case you have the the same issues that tell me that the LCD Panel is faulty. If this unit is still under warranty then have ACER service the unit or take it to ACER dealer who can either send it back to ACER or they can order the panel and replace it for you at no cost, but then it has to be under warranty. If not you'll have to pay the cost of ordering the part, labor to install it. Find out cost prior to signing any agreement.

On your other issue, did you replace or upgrade the battery or memory? If not then remove the battery and plugin the power only. Try this again does it boot the ACER logo and Windows. Can you put your ear down to the keys or palm rest and hear the HDD spinning up?
If not either the HDD is DOA or faulty power module on the MOBO or just bad MOBO. Again same as above if it's under warranty call or take it to ACER factory service dealer.

Make sure if you had a good battery on this laptop that all switches are switched to the lock mode for the battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-screen-problem-and-only-boot-to-acer-screen.140058/
Relevancy 95.79%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 84.63%

hi,im having a problem, my e5-571 will not boot. i turn it on, the light turns on aswell, and i can clrealy hear the fan starting to work. but all i get is a black screen. no boot screen no logo no nothing.i tried taking out the RAM and back in, doing the whole f2, f8, f10, f12 thing, but nothing.i read an article that say a bios recovery will solve the problem.i tried doing it using a usb stick and bios files from the support site, but nothing happened. it seems that it havnt started a recovery.i have no idea how to fix this problem and i would be happy to get your help!thanks!!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-e5-571-black-screen-will-not-boot/td-p/461855
Relevancy 84.63%

my acer aspire one netbook sometimes boots with an off center screen to the left with the right half of the screen black. this happens about one time in ten in a random manner. I updated the video driver, same problem. the only repair was a new keyboard.
Thanks

A:Acer Aspire One Screen off center on boot

If the image is off-centre only until Windows starts, it has nothing to do with the third-party driver (since the driver doesn't get loaded until Windows starts). Or have I misunderstood you, is Windows off-centre too when it happens? If it doesn't affect Windows I wouldn't worry about it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-screen-off-center-on-boot.1069090/
Relevancy 83.7%

I did a clean factory reset on windows using the acer recovery option nbsp Everything was fine until I tried to update to windows I had done the free windows earlier on this machine with no problems nbsp After windows installed and the system was done on screen V5-122p boot Aspire stuck Acer updating the system said it needed to Aspire V5-122p stuck on Acer boot screen reboot and now it wont boot up nbsp It is stuck on the acer boot up screen nbsp I have tried every Aspire V5-122p stuck on Acer boot screen option in the recovery section that pops up after unsuccessful nbsp reloads nbsp It just hangs on the acer screen It wont let me boot to safe mode I cant reset I cant restore I don't nbsp care about the files on the pc I just want the pc to be functional again I have a good restore image on a usb drive but the only way it works is within windows with the acer recovery option nbsp When I try to do the restore or repair options it just says this pc cant be repaired nbsp I even tried tried the windows installation recovery media and recovery using a usb drive and I get an error on that nbsp I have tried everything I can think of nbsp Right now the laptop is a brick nbsp Does anyone have any ideas on a way to repair this thing to make it boot up Thanks in advance for any help

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-122p-stuck-on-Acer-boot-screen/td-p/452530
Relevancy 82.77%

Hi everyone! I really need some help with my acer aspire l320 mini pc. It is over a year old so not under warranty anymore. It was working just fine till now but now i can't make it boot up. When i turn it on the power led is on and the network led too if it's connected. The hard drive led only flashes up right at the beginning then nothing. On the screen absoulutely nothing can be seen. (monitor is fine, up and running with an other computer). I've checked memory modules and processor all fine. Fans are working as well. Every USB charges my mobile so i guess that's working too. I'd truly apprechiate any help, suggestion (service would charge more than what is worth). Thank you very much! M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-l320-black-screen-doesnt-boot-up.810516/
Relevancy 81.84%

Hello I am working on an Acer laptop that boots screen boot Aspire logo Acer goes 7520 windows black during after normally except for the screen going blank after the windows loading logo in Windows It does the same when booting to a Windows install disc It gets past the initial screen Acer Aspire 7520 screen goes black after windows logo during boot when copying files and then goes blank When connected to a second monitor the monitor shows quot video out of range quot I tried booting to safe mode and vga mode with no luck on both monitors The system loads into windows desktop as I can hear the Windows sounds and I can power down using the start menu blindly The display works fine in the system BIOS and during the initial boot from disc or hard drive I am thinking the internal video card is bad but want to explore other options before giving up So far I have Tested all hardware Reset BIOS to defaults Booted to VGA mode and safe mode Tried Last Known Good Configuration Cloned a drive from another machine with a good OS Tried both the original Windows Vista OS and a new copy of Windows from both CD and hard drive Please help me get this stubborn laptop to output video normally

A:Acer Aspire 7520 screen goes black after windows logo during boot

Hi it sounds like the driver might not be loading or the graphics is failing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7520-screen-goes-black-after-windows-logo-during-boot-685827.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Has Anybody got any answers ? My acer aspire 3610 laptop starts up but them the sreen goes black couple of times. SO I HAVE SWITCHED IT OFF what next?
I AM RUNNING XP
LEMONLEGS:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-3610-screen-problem.617971/
Relevancy 81.84%

So here is my problem screen Aspire problem Acer 5920G with Acer Aspire G Acer Aspire 5920G screen problem also I don t understand much about computers bear with me One night I turn off my laptop like normaly the next morning I turn it on for a surprise The screen remained pitch black even though I could clearly hear windows boot up along with other programs like skype popping up Pressed a few random keys and thought I should restart Same thing no reaction from the screen what so ever but I can still clearly hear windows starting up So I browse the internet and here s what I ve tried - I removed the battery held the power button for a while re-inserted the battery turn it back on gt No help - I switch my RAM cards with one another gt Doesn t work - Turn it on and point a flashlight at the screen to check the backlight nada - I check if the magnet for detecting if the screen is up or down is working and it is when I lower my screen it goes to hybernate mode boots up if I click something - I plugged in an external monitor new and functional and press the switch screen button combo but its not reacting the external monitor stays black too It doesn t flicker or anything its giving off no signs of life but I m puzzled because if the screen died it should clearly work on an external monitor which it doesn t Has anyone encountered a problem like this Any ideas on how I might fix it myself and even if I can I m still wondering about what it might be before I send it out to find out the repairs are too expensive I d rather buy a new one nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5920G screen problem

Try running one memory at a time... first one module, then the other..

Then test with a different hard drive, to see if you can boot to an install screen with your recovery disk...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5920g-screen-problem.151537/
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi - I have a strange problem with my Acer Aspire Ultrabook laptop. The screen only displays when it is part open . As soon as I open the screen fully it just goes to a white blank display. The laptop is working fine other than this problem ..... if I connect to an external screen it works normally.
STFCBob

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129903-screen-problem-acer-aspire-laptop.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi,

I bought my laptop 1 year ago and I was quite happy with it. But last night while playing BF2 the blue screen appeared. After less than 24 hours I'm experiencing the blue screen very often. I did all my best to follow the instructions. I hope you'll be able to help before I decide to send the laptop to acer. Let me know if more info is needed.

Many thanks,
MG

OS - Windows 7
? x64
? original installed OS on system - Windows 7
? the OS is an OEM version
? Age of system - 1 year
?

? CPU
? NVidia Gforce GT 540M 1 Gb
? Intel 6 Series/C200
? Power Supply - LiteOn PA-1900-34

? System Manufacturer
? Exact model number : LXRMX0206914106BBC3400

A:Acer Aspire 5750G blue screen problem

Recommendations:I see Kaspersky blamed in a few of your recent crashes. Remove Kaspersky and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if the system is stable.Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Outdated and Problematic Drivers:You should update/replace/remove the following drivers. Any drivers that are known to cause BSODs, please remove the software or remove the drivers and then remove the device; steps to do so are given after the list of outdated drivers:

dtsoftbus01.sys Mon Oct 17 06:12:30 2011 (4E9C1BAE)
Daemon Tools driver [br] Possible BSOD issues in Win7
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dtsoftbus01.sys

To update drivers, make sure to download the drivers from the manufacturer and not using 3rd party programs. Your drivers should be found from your motherboard support site (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.) or your vendor support site (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) first. If you have devices you bought yourself, the drivers for those devices need to be downloaded from the manufacturer support site for those devices. If you need help, let us know.Acer Support: Welcome to Acer SupportTo remove drivers, do so by uninstalling the device or software associated with the driver. Devices can be uninstalled through device manager, and then the device itself should be physically removed from the system if possible.Uninstall or change a program

Open Device Manager
Device Concerns:
Code:
G:\ WPDBUSENUMROOT\UMB\2&37C186B&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_SEMC&PROD_MASS_STORAGE&REV_0001#8&21D9AB85&0&4258393032465732414A&0# This device cannot start.
For the above error, follow the steps for General USB Troubleshooting.General USB Troubleshooting
Software Concerns:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Registry Cleaner
I do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please follow the steps to Optimize Windows 7 for better performance.Optimize Windows 7 for better performance

The Assumptions You Make About Your Slow PC (and Why They're Probably Wrong)
3rd Party Drivers: The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft. Any drivers in red should be updated/replaced/removed. You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

Code:
**************************Sat Dec 22 17:25:24.891 2012 (UTC - 7:00)**************************
intelppm.sys Mon Jul 13 17:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
klmouflt.sys Mon Nov 2 09:26:06 2009 (4AEF081E)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 10:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
NTIDrvr.sys Mon Apr 19 19:37:59 2010 (4BCD0577)
UBHelper.sys Mon Jul 5 22:19:26 2010 (4C32AECE)
SynTP.sys Thu Jul 29 21:26:57 2010 (4C524681)
IntcDAud.sys Fri Oct 15 02:28:17 2010 (4CB810A1)
HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 17:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
TurboB.sys Mon Nov 29 16:02:31 2010 (4CF43107)
b57xdbd.sys Thu Jan 20 19:13:45 2011 (4D38EBD9)
b57xdmp.sys Thu Jan 20 19:13:47 2011 (4D38EBDB)
kl2.sys Fri Mar 4 02:17:31 2011 (4D70AE2B)
kl1.sys Fri Mar 4 02:20:03 2011 (4D70AEC3)
klim6.sys Thu Mar 10 07:36:02 2011 (4D78E1D2)
mwlPSDFilter.sys Fri Mar 25 01:12:11 2011 (4D8C404B)
mwlPSDNServ.sys Fri Mar 25 01:12:13 2011 (4D8C404D)
mwlP... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/acer-aspire-5750g-blue-screen-problem-680675.html
Relevancy 80.91%

hi friends
i purchased a new aspire 5583 but the screen started flickering (not always but intermitently).pl suggest a solution.
i do not wish to take my new laptop to their service station .
and also the screen quality is not as good as compaq.
is this a known isuue ie poor screen quality or flickering.
what is acers reputation vis a vis service ???????
pl help guys i am still a novice in computers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-aspire-5583-screen-problem.600495/
Relevancy 111.37%

can anyone help, i restarted my aspire 1642wlmi last night. when i restarted it everything was going normal untill it got to the blue screen that says acer aspire series, before the users of the computer show up. it just freezes on that screen. i've restored all the default settings and that hasn't done any good. thanks for your help on the matter. i do appreciate any info that you can give me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wont-boot-up-past-the-blue-acer-screen-acer-aspier-1642-a-323847.html
Relevancy 110.94%

I had a problem with my Aspire 5735 LCD screen and i was needed to change it. Just bought a LED screen not LCD screen and i used a ccfl converter to be able to connect with motherboard. I assambled very carefully and powered up. Worked very good for about 4 restarts and after that my laptop didn't powered up anymore.

Question: Does the ccfl to led converter interact in motherboard like.. burning something inside?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5735-led-screen-with-ccfl-converter-problem.1098814/
Relevancy 110.94%

[size="7"]I recently bought an Acer Aspire Z5700 for my son's b'day. Last night he rang to say the Acer Touch Portal software keeps crashing (all the apps - movie player, photo viewer, touch games etc.) The touch screen still works with Win 7 so I don't think it is a hardware issue.What are the options with such a problem? I don't have the computer in front of me, my son lives with my ex-wife, so I can't say what specific error messages - if any are showing up. So I hope there is a simple solution I could phone him about!Nick

A:Acer Aspire Z5700 touch-screen portal problem

Without valid error messages...or the system...best thing I can suggest is to use the warranty/support provisions of the manufacturer.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469155/acer-aspire-z5700-touch-screen-portal-problem/
Relevancy 107.93%

My acer aspire 5742 won't startup correctly, it goes from a black screen to a screen that says acer enter f2 for startup, then alternates between those two screens.Right this moment I have managed to get it going and am in the processing of backing it up to an external hardrive. I rang acer support and they told me this is due to me installing windows 10 (about six months ago) and even though it appeared to be fine it has been corrupting the (motherboard? i think that's what she said). the lady told me I have to restore the laptop to factory settings. Can someone please confirm to me that this is what I do need to do?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/acer-aspire-5742-goes-from-black-screen-to-screen-that-says-acer/td-p/440246/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 107.93%

My acer aspire 5742 won't startup correctly, it goes from a black screen to a screen that says acer enter f2 for startup, then alternates between those two screens.Right this moment I have managed to get it going and am in the processing of backing it up to an external hardrive. I rang acer support and they told me this is due to me installing windows 10 (about six months ago) and even though it appeared to be fine it has been corrupting the (motherboard? i think that's what she said). the lady told me I have to restore the laptop to factory settings. Can someone please confirm to me that this is what I do need to do?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:acer aspire 5742 goes from black screen to screen ...

The fact that you were able to boot normally after F2 into the bios menu, F9 to re-set the bios to factory default, then F10 to save this default bios setting, ***strongly*** suggests that the bios was losing it's memory of the specific hard drive that was installed.    Jack E/NJ

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/acer-aspire-5742-goes-from-black-screen-to-screen-that-says-acer/td-p/440246
Relevancy 107.5%

Laptop Model Acer Aspire G Graphic Card Model ATI Mobility Radeon HD MB 512MB) screen 5470 with problem Black ATI (Acer Aspire Radeon 4745G HD Mobility OS Windows bits Problem Laptop starting to turn to blackscreen constantly since last week At the Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) beginning it still manage to back to normal after restart But then after few days it turn to black screen during every startup whenever it progress until window start-up animation I can even still hear the welcome sound although the screen is black I can still using the laptop through safe mode After that I google for some related solution and found that it s probably the graphic card display adapter problem So I disable the graphic card Radeon HD Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) option under display adapter and it goes Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) perfectly well But when I enable the graphic card option under display adapter in normal mode my laptop screen will turns black again back to previous problem I tried to uninstall the graphic card under display adapter and reinstall the graphic card driver download from Acer Support but the problem still appears The graphic card driver after reinstall is appears to be ATI Mobility Radeon HD series instead of previously ATI Mobility Radeon HD Is it normal or I download the wrong driver although it s from Acer Support What should I do to solve this blackscreen problem nbsp

A:Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

Try this:
1) Uninstall the all AMD software with this AMD Uninstall tool.
2) Restart your PC.
3) Download and install the latest stable driver (13.4) from here: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-problem-acer-aspire-4745g-with-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-512mb.193825/
Relevancy 107.5%

OS - Vista
? x64
? original installed OS on system= Vista x64
? The OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system)
? Age of system (hardware)=3 years+
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS=yes 6 months ago
? CPU= intel core 2(Duo) T8100 @2,10GHz
? Video Card= NVidia GeForce 9500M GS, 512 MB
? MotherBoard=(whatever was on the laptop, ACER Aspire 6920G)
? Power Supply - brand & wattage=(whatever was on the laptop, ACER Aspire 6920G

A:BSOD (Acer Aspire 6920G has a blue screen-auto-shutdown problem whenever i play MMO

Hello,

Start by removing Daemon Tools; remove SPTD when that is done: http://www.duplexsecure.com/download...t-v174-x64.exe

Install these updated nVidia display drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/noteboo...ql-driver.html

If the BSODs persist, enable driver verifier: http://www.sysnative.com/0x1/Driver_Verifier.htm

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 6002.18267.amd64fre.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458
Debug session time: Mon Jan 3 12:59:31.389 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:04:03.859
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+10d230 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Jan 1 19:16:24.702 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 2:37:11.534
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Dec 31 16:38:53.309 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:56:16.536
Debug session time: Fri Dec 31 07:12:11.585 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 15:18:56.158
Debug session time: Thu Dec 30 15:52:39.915 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:22:48.250
Debug session time: Sat Nov 20 08:50:25.86... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-acer-aspire-6920g-has-a-blue-screen-auto-shutdown-problem-whenever-i-play-mmo-540968.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello Everyone nbsp This is a rather confusing issues and has pretty much me off to no end nbsp I am sure though that some of you may have encountered this already and might have a potential solution nbsp I have an Acer Aspire All-In-One AZ Aspire Z with GB Acer All-In-One Touch - HELP! Aspire after Screen ... RAM etc nbsp Ever since the Developer's Preview of Windows came out HELP! - Acer Aspire All-In-One Touch Screen after ... I have been running Windows perfectly nbsp I have completely uninstalled each time cleanly and run the following nbsp Windows Developer Preview -bit Windows Consumer Preview -bit Windows Release Preview -bit nbsp In ALL cases EVERYTHING on this PC worked HELP! - Acer Aspire All-In-One Touch Screen after ... perfectly - INCLUDING THE TOUCH SCREEN nbsp I never had an issue nbsp So far so good nbsp Then they finally released the Windows Pro official licensed upgrades for download nbsp I purchased the upgrade and downloaded it nbsp Just as in ALL other cases during the upgrade I selected to keep nothing of the old system I never really had any important data on here and do the upgrade cleanly nbsp Well after the upgrade was complete and ALL of the Windows Pro updates were applied through Windows update I have a system where the screen is crisp and sharp everything works and in Device Manager ALL devices show green and working correctly - NO ERRORS nbsp HOWEVER - NO TOUCH nbsp No touch screen function at all nbsp The screen this time around now acts like a standard monitor nbsp I've tried the IdeaCom driver - no luck nbsp Does ANYONE know please LOL how to get the touch screen to work again nbsp THANK YOU SO MUCH nbsp I really appreciate any help you can give nbsp Microsoft support had NO clue and no reply from Acer emails LOL nbsp Thanks again nbsp Mike nbsp edited to comply with guidelines Solved Go to Solution

A:HELP! - Acer Aspire All-In-One Touch Screen after ...

Good day Mike I emailed the driver. Please test and advise. Regards,Freeza

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/HELP-Acer-Aspire-All-In-One-Touch-Screen-after-Windows-8-Pro/td-p/5179
Relevancy 102.77%

I recently installed a new version of Internet Explorer, since then my computer has been running very slow and now it only shows a black screen. Control-alt-del doesn't do anything. What gives? Did I download a virus? I tries running a virus scan when it was working, nothing came up. This computer is less than 2yrs old.

A:Acer Aspire Black screen

Can you see anything at all when you boot up the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/acer-aspire-black-screen-579637.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Please help! My Acer Aspire S3 MS2346 screen looking like these:  but when connected to external monitornitor displaying correctly.  Sorry, the images are upside down.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Please-help-My-Acer-Aspire-S3-MS2346-screen-looking-like-these/td-p/436589/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 102.77%

Most desktop monitors when inactive for periods of time usually preset in o s or altered for individual tastes saves electricity by powering down the monitor and let it quot sleep quot but any programs running on the cpu continue on unabated But with these Acer Aspire All-in-one compters are different i may be listening to an internet radio station and even though screen Aspire All-in-one black Acer it s not a computer program running after a time of inactivity of my manually working via my keyboard or something like that the screen goes Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen black and it kills the internet connection to the internet radio i am listening to Yes Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen if that happens i only have to jiggle or move my mouse to turn the screen back on but is a real pain to have to continually jar the mouse to keep the radio on Any ideas on how to avoid this black screen of killing my internet radio and downloads or anything going Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen on while the screen is active Thank you Tim nbsp

A:Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen

Control Panel, Power Options, click on Change advance power settings. In the box that pops up there is a long list of changes you can make. You could increase the time before your hard drive turns off. I have one for my wirless adapter with maximum performance down to low. Your lan may be listed if your not wireless. A combination of increasing the hdd time and lan may get you around the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-all-in-one-black-screen.1056258/
Relevancy 102.77%

Please help!:  my Acer Aspire S3 MS2346 screen looking like this: 

A:Please help!: My Acer Aspire S3 MS2346 Screen loo...

It looks like the screen is cracked on your product. We would suggest contacting technical support in your region for further assistance with this issue.Acer Service and Support

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Please-help-My-Acer-Aspire-S3-MS2346-Screen-looking-like-this/td-p/436587
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello HELP! Touch - after Aspire ... All-In-One Acer Screen Everyone HELP! - Acer Aspire All-In-One Touch Screen after ... nbsp This is a rather confusing issues and has pretty much me off to no end nbsp I am sure though that some of you may have encountered this already and might have a potential solution nbsp I have an Acer Aspire All-In-One AZ Aspire Z with GB RAM etc nbsp Ever since the Developer's Preview of Windows came out I have been running Windows perfectly nbsp I have completely uninstalled each time cleanly and run the following nbsp Windows Developer Preview -bit Windows Consumer Preview -bit Windows Release Preview -bit nbsp In ALL cases EVERYTHING on this PC worked perfectly - INCLUDING THE TOUCH SCREEN nbsp I never had an issue nbsp So far so good nbsp Then they finally released the Windows Pro official licensed upgrades for download nbsp I purchased the upgrade and downloaded it nbsp Just as in ALL other cases during the upgrade I selected to keep nothing of the old system I never really had any important data on here and do the upgrade cleanly nbsp Well after the upgrade was complete and ALL of the Windows Pro updates were applied through Windows update I have a system where the screen is crisp and sharp everything works and in Device Manager ALL devices show green and working correctly - NO ERRORS nbsp HOWEVER - NO TOUCH nbsp No touch screen function at all nbsp The screen this time around now acts like a standard monitor nbsp I've tried the IdeaCom driver - no luck nbsp Does ANYONE know please LOL how to get the touch screen to work again nbsp THANK YOU SO MUCH nbsp I really appreciate any help you can give nbsp Microsoft support had NO clue and no reply from Acer emails LOL nbsp Thanks again nbsp Mike nbsp edited to comply with guidelines Solved Go to Solution

A:HELP! - Acer Aspire All-In-One Touch Screen after ...

Good day Mike I emailed the driver. Please test and advise. Regards,Freeza

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/HELP-Acer-Aspire-All-In-One-Touch-Screen-after-Windows-8-Pro/td-p/5179/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello,
I have just bought a new acer aspire 7520g only had it a few weeks and on two seperate occassions the screen went totaly bizzare all fuzzy and would not shut down. Any ideas do you think I need to take it back? Anybody else had the same problem?
Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-screen-problems.833687/
Relevancy 102.77%

I m sorry if it has been talked or solved somewhere before you can delete this but please help give me the link to it I have an acer aspire one -C netbook When i turned it on the little led shows it s on no sound at all Only blank screen with that small underscore blinking I brought it to a counter they said i need to get a new hard disk had the same Acer screen one Aspire help blank problem with my moms acer happy which fixed with new hdd so i went to get new hd replaced the old one and it won Acer Aspire one blank screen help t load to bios using a usb stick My friend tested the hd with that usb himself and said the hd worked fine I don t know much about this stuff all i know is that i need to install operating system to my new hard disk but i can t even access bios I m afraid that i must spent more on motherboard or something Please help me as soon nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-blank-screen-help.1167141/
Relevancy 102.77%

My mother is having problems with her laptop, she said she could shut it down last night so unplugged it and left it over night, and today when she started it up everything was fine apart from a dark screen.

I have been on teamviewer trying to get to the bottom of it. Fn and arrow keys apparently adjust the brightness temporarilly but it just defaults back. I ran some windows check for solutions and it threw up this warning which indicates to me it could be a video card issue.

It also said something about Skype, so I updated that. I ran CCleaner and the SF_diagnostic tool. I have attached the zipped file to this thread. can anyone offer any insight to the possible cause of this because I'm stumped?STU9000.zip

She is using Vista.

A:Acer Aspire dark screen

hAVE YOU TRIED , oops, to update the drivers?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/301691-acer-aspire-dark-screen.html
Relevancy 102.77%

LED screen cracked, wish to replace it.  Acer aspire ES1-512. DIY. First would like to connect to a monitor to download system.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Cracked-lcd-led-screen-for-Acer-aspire-ES1-512/td-p/463930
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi, When I power up my Acer Aspire ES1-311 I get no screen output at all (not on an external monitor either). Can the issue be fixed? I would like to be able to flash the bios but I cant as Acer no longer provide the DOS files.They only provide an executeable. Is there a website where I could download the DOS files for my laptop? Many Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-311-BLACK-SCREEN/td-p/438709/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 102.77%

My Acer Aspire one has Windows is around years old It does not have a cd drive and Windows is being prevented from starting even in safe mode or quot last good configuration quot Acer Screen Blue Aspire mode on the Advanced Boot Options screen These choices all end up after loading windows files completes at the Windows Error Recovery screen that Acer Aspire Blue Screen says quot windows failed to start quot This is followed by a long pause of black screen followed by the infamous blue screen with the tiny bird and the green branch over on the right side It freezes on that screen and stays At that point Cntl Alt Del won t even work and the only way to shut down and try restarting is to manually shut it down I even bought the repair cds from Acer along with a remote player but since the Acer freezes where it does I can t even load the cd software so that quot fix quot cannot be tried either nbsp

Relevancy 102.77%

Hi All Acer Z Vista Home Premium I was doing a Restore last night and I think there was Acer blank Aspire screen HELP!! a brief power outage battery removed waiting on new one as the Restore never finished After three hours I turned the thing off figuring it Acer Aspire blank screen HELP!! would go to Recovery in the morning Not so I get the Acer sign on screen I can hold F and go into setup I get the quot Microsoft Corporation quot start up progress bar then a blank screen I Acer Aspire blank screen HELP!! get a mouse cursor that works and the blank screen powers off after minutes as planned in Power Management Holding F for Safe Mode during start up does not work I cannot see the laptop on the network but Vista does not allow that until someone is logged in I have tried blind-typing in the password but that does nothing No disk activity so I am not sure where it is at in the boot process I have the instructions for the factory recovery from the PQService partition and the question is if I use that will it remove all of the stuff on the computer or will it just refresh Vista The laptop appears to be running When I press the off switch it does a lot of disk activity for about seconds and then shuts down My first guess is a video driver issue although the mouse is visible and works fine and looks to be at the correct resolution I do not want to do the big-axe PQService approach yet as I have not backed up in two days Yeah I know I know I deserve this I have a full image from about a week back and a Boot USB but again I want to exhaust the soft approach to recovery Any help gratefully received Cary nbsp

Relevancy 101.48%

So I recently tried to do a factory restore on my laptop and it said it failed. I only did this due to having some DLL files missing. Now after the failed restore the laptop turned on and the Acer screen turned on and then the screen goes black and turns on again. It is stuck on a loop and I need help. I am currently running Windows 10 if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-start-up-screen-loop.1168693/
Relevancy 101.48%

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire R - - touchscreen notebook nbsp It works great for the most Acer Glitching R7-572 Screen Aspire Out Touch part except for the touchscreen seems to glitch out every once in a while nbsp What happens is out of nowhere the touch screen will Acer Aspire R7-572 Touch Screen Glitching Out start registering a click in the very upper left corner of the screen as seen by the Windows touch visual feedback even though I am not touching the screen nbsp The clicking happens very fast several times a second and makes the notebook unusuable nbsp I can make the clicking stop by touching and holding my finger on the screen near where the clicking is happening nbsp However as soon as I lift my finger the clicking resumes nbsp To fix the issue I have to do a touch screen calibration Windows settings - gt Tablet PC Settings - gt Calibrate - gt Touch input nbsp However the calibration appears to be off using this method I cannot swipe the windows bar to the right so I then do a calibration reset Tablet PC Settings - gt Reset nbsp This generally resolves the issue for a while nbsp I have tried moving the screen into different positions and cleaning the screen but the issue still comes back on occassion nbsp Any support would be greatly appreciated nbsp Thanks

A:Acer Aspire R7-572 Touch Screen Glitching Out

That sounds like there may be a problem with either the touch panel or digitizer on the screen.

My best recommendation would be to contact support in your region for assistance.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base ArticlesRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-R7-572-Touch-Screen-Glitching-Out/td-p/194483
Relevancy 101.48%

My acer aspire one d255e is not showing any display since today morning .i can heard the Windows log in sound but I can't see.how can I fix it ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-acer-aspire-one-d255e-black-screen/td-p/442509/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi Guys nbsp I have an acer aspire g I turned it off one screen Acer black Aspire 5942g night and went to turn it on the next day and now it won't boot up nbsp Doesn't show anything on the screen the power light comes on the keyboard back light turns on the media controls are still useable and the bluetooth light is on solid but the laptop doesn't display anything or seem to proceed any further as the bluetooth light would normally turn off no bluetooth module in this laptop nbsp nbsp I have tried the whole remove battery hold power button down and just turn on with AC adapter plugged Acer Aspire 5942g black screen in with no effect nbsp nbsp I've taken it apart and reseated the CPU and redid the thermal paste However I did notice that the old thermal paste has gone onto some of the resistors on the top Could this cause a short nbsp nbsp It's almost like it's stuck in a sleep mode nbsp nbsp Any suggestions would be highly helpful I'm worried that the board is dead but I can't find any replacements online nbsp Thanks Dan

A:Acer Aspire 5942g black screen

Try powering up the laptop as if to normally boot. Do you hear any Windows welcoming tones as if the computer actually booted but with no display? If so, have you tried to simply toggle the screen on and off with the Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 key combinations? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5942g-black-screen/td-p/438163
Relevancy 101.48%

My screen went black after long transportation and is probably physically broken.
Unfortunately during several attempts to upgrade windows 8.1 to 10 the Intel graphic driver was inactivated so I can no longer use laptop with neither hdmi nor vga cable.

I've tried to remove cmos battery in order to reset BIOS without success.
Also tried to flash BIOS Q5WV1221.exe file from a USB-stick (fat32) pressing Fn + Esc + power button without success.

Would it activate Intel Graphic driver to flash BIOS with USB-stick? How is that done?
Any suggestions how to activate Intel Graphic driver with a totally black screen?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/black-screen-on-acer-aspire-v3-571g-1150521.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi,

My Acer laptop LCD screen suddenly turned fuzzy/blurry and the colour has gone dodgy. This happens from startup(incl. on BIOS) and I have already checked for any loose cables inside but to no avail.

Text appears unclear/fuzzy as well.

I have attached a few screenshot taken from my phone.

My Warranty has finished, so does any one have any suggesstions on how to fix?

Thanks in Advance

A:Acer Aspire 9420 Fuzzy Screen

http://netbooks-us.custhelp.com/app.../display-fuzzy-or-blurry-or-appears-incorrect
you will need to try installing new drivers first just in case its software related, go to acer

http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/service....tx1g.c2att92=122&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2980211862

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-9420-fuzzy-screen.939529/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi guys,

appologies if this is no the right section.

I have an Acer Aspire 2930 which has a blank screen, the laptop seems to start up - but nothing appears on the screen, tried with hdd without hdd, new ram, new power.

I've read about this problem with the aspire one notebooks and the flashing of the bios but I can't find any relevant docs for the 2930.

I downloaded the bios from acer but its not in the same format as everyone describes its just one .exe file.

Has anyone got any knowledge of this error or even a fix?

If so i'd be very grateful.

Thanks

A:Acer Aspire 2930 Blank Screen

Shine a flash light into the screen do you see a faint image of the desktop? Can you boot into Setup (Bios) if not, have you tried a separate monitor
Transfer dispaly to external monitor - FixYa

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-2930-blank-screen-660757.html
Relevancy 101.48%

My screen went black after long transportation and is probally physically broken.Unfortunately during several attempts to upgrade windows 8.1 to 10 Intel graphic driver was inactivated so I can no longer use laptop with neither hdmi nor vga cable. I've tried to remove cmos battery in order to reset BIOS without success.Also tried to flash BIOS Q5WV1221.exe file from a USB-stick (fat32) pressing Fn + Esc + power button without success.Would it activate Intel Graphic driver to flash BIOS with USB-stick? How is that done?Any suggestions how to activate Intel Graphic driver with a totally black screen? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Black-screen-on-Acer-Aspire-V3-571G/td-p/448136
Relevancy 101.48%

i've recently replaced the motherboard in my U5-610 computer because the old one fried all of a sudden, and it powers up just fine, but all i get is a blank screen. i have tried to look all over the internet for a problem like this but i haven't gotten anything except reviews for the unit as a whole. any suggestions as to what i can do?

A:Acer Aspire U5-610 has a blank screen after poweri...

Sorry your having problems with your system....  So when you say that you replaced your MB, You bought a used or NEW MB of like Acer Kind? INstalled your hardware on your new MB, Going off the system I know,,,  YOu took out the old MB, Removed the 16gb Ram, i7 CPU disconnected all the SATA, Your GTX760M GPU. Then installed your NEW (Same part # MB) back in your case, INstalled all items removed, RAM, CPU, sata Cables, the GPU, put it all back with wires to where they were on the old MB Put everything back together, Rebooted your system into Bios? So your system can update the bios with hardware that you have from the old system.... Saved Bios and then tried to load your windows or What ever (OS) your using? Can you see the Acer Logo at start up? Can you load Bios? If you have done them things. The hardest part is have you tried to do a system Restore? I guess by now I would assume you have had this back up and running? Sorry I don't get to the ALL-In-One section to often..  James

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-U5-610-has-a-blank-screen-after-powering-up/td-p/397854/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

My Acer Aspire 4710 is running Window XP + Office 2007.

It constantly flickers to a white screen both on start up and when working. There doesn't seem to be any obvious or logical cause - I can be using any programme or just have left it for a couple of minutes.

If I press Fn+F4 then I can hibernate and come back to exactly where I was before ... usually ... sometimes I have to go through this process two or three times before the normal screen reappears!!!!!

Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4710-white-screen.869050/
Relevancy 101.48%

I have a Acer aspire one zg you know the little mini laptops Well my problem is that it wont turn on This is what happened Last night i finished my homework decided to play a game im not sure if your familiar with the game worms well i like alot so i decided to try to find a site to download it from I found one and downloaded the game now i have mcafee installed so im feeling pretty confident that nothing bad will happen And the copy i was downloading was not Help screen one Acer of death. aspire please!! blue illegal it was only a demo since Acer aspire one blue screen of death. Help please!! you have to purchase the whole game But anyways it came in a winrar archive so i extracted the files and clicked on the setup a notice popped up that said quot mcafee has blocked and removed a trojan something quot So i deleted the files cuz i dont want a virus on my pc Then i try anothe site now this one is probably questionable to say the least i decided to download the application instead of the files seeing as how a second ago mcafee had protected my pc i felt like nothing would happen So i do and my computer goes to the blue error screen and then shuts off It restarts and everything looks okay so i decide to give up on the game and im about to start a scan to remove anything that might have come in with the application and my pc just turns to the blue screen again and restarts i cant read what error it is because it only stays there for about second and restarts And thats where it is now i turn it on it goes to the blue screen it restarts it goes to the blue scree restarts over and over Thats all it does it doenst get to the desktop or even the welcome page Im decent with computers and can figure out how to fix some problem but mostly problem that occur while the computer is on such as the famous quot personal antivirus quot trojan i can get rid of it easily but now that my computer wont even start i have no clue what to do If you have any ideas please let me know i would truly appreciate it one thing to keep in mind is that my laptop does not have a cd dvd drive or a floppy drive Please help if you can thank you nbsp

A:Acer aspire one blue screen of death. Help please!!

Can you start it in safe mode?
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-blue-screen-of-death-help-please.874177/
Relevancy 101.48%

i have installed Windows 7 Ultimate in my notebook but screen is not in good resolution... i have tried install ATI Catatlyst 9.12 from device manager but it said there's something problem during installation. i hope i can run aero in my notebook... help me please...

my graphic card is ATI Radeon HD4200

A:Need Help with Acer Aspire 4540 screen resolution

i have meet this problem also,
my step is , in BIOS i set it tu IDE , and try to find the driver in Driver Manager in CD support Acer 4540 itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/49810-need-help-acer-aspire-4540-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi Guys,i'm having an problem with an laptop of an friend,he had problems before with is laptop and decided to format and installed again xp OS,he had before the same OS,but now he had installed xp and got problems like blue screen and battery driver,the laptop when he starts does good,but the system don't recognizes the battery and after a few hours 5 or 6,got complete blue screen he tried almost everything but no luck for now,if somebody please know, how to solve this, i'll apreciate the help.
Thanks to everyone.

A:Acer Aspire 9300 {Blue Screen}

Boa tarde King 64, bem vindo aos forums

Please check here how to obtain and post the dump files related to the BSOD. There are other members here that are vey good at analyzing these (infelizmente n?o este aqui )

Boa sorte

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/37509-acer-aspire-9300-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8004938038
BCP3: 00000000B6000000
BCP4: 0000000000010015
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030812-15303-01.dmp
C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-37986-0.sysdata.xml

any help? if more info needed just let me know

Relevancy 101.48%

not sure whats happened but daughters screen has gone all fuzzy like as if not tuned in propery can still see everything just looks like aerial not plugged in help please ..also notice all across the desktop loads of copys of pictures files etc

just tried my pc monitor and shows fine so im assuming something wrong with the actual screen or graphics card ?

A:Acer Aspire 2930Z screen seems fuzzy

Yes Terry the LCD panel needs to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-2930z-screen-seems-fuzzy.181748/
Relevancy 101.48%

Not sure if I m posting in the correct place I m sure this has been fixed before as I ve read a lot of threads on this however none have worked for me Most of the cases in other threads the laptop has been a few years old and the people in question don Aspire Flickering 15 ES Screen/Lines Acer t seem entirely tech savvy which isn t the case for me I Acer Aspire ES 15 Flickering Screen/Lines have had this laptop for a whole or days and since opening it it has been flickering frequently enough on a daily basis for me to realise something is wrong but not enough that it is annoying That is until today I ve noticed that the flickering happens more often when Youtube is open needless to say that closing it doesn t stop the flickering it simply slows down the rate from once every few minutes to once every few hours Sometimes on pages that are heavily laden with graphics lines will appear across the screen and it wont necessarily flicker to black as it usually does Just to prove this to myself I opened a youtube video to see if anything had actually changed and I wasn t being paranoid well the second I opened it the screen flickered to black with a white line through it The video itself flickers with lines rather than the space around it and the screen itself flickers black in bursts It s closer to a blink rather than a flicker it is about half a second long There are only two programs on this laptop that weren t pre-packaged and that is Skype and Google Chrome I ll list some relevant information which may assist in helping me PROCESSOR AMD A - APU with AMD Radeon R Graphics GHz RAM GB EDITION WIN home edition MODEL ACER ASPIRE ES ES - - EC Screen is a generic PnP and the browser I use is Google Chrome just in case it s because of my browser Like I ve said this laptop is brand new and I honestly don t have much of an idea about why this is happening besides a broken cable Thanks for your help in advance nbsp

A:Acer Aspire ES 15 Flickering Screen/Lines

I would uninstall Chrome and Skype then see if the same problems remain. If not then it's the software but if they remain I would get it replaced or get a refund as it seems to be faulty.

EDIT : I'm surprised it's showing as a PNP Monitor, might be worth updating the Graphics driver with the latest from Acer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-es-15-flickering-screen-lines.1169719/
Relevancy 101.48%

I Touch Aspire Acer R7-572 Glitching Screen Out recently purchased an Acer Aspire R - - touchscreen notebook nbsp It works great for the most part except for the touchscreen seems to glitch out every once in a while nbsp What happens is out of nowhere the touch screen will start registering a click in the very upper left corner of the screen as seen by the Windows touch visual feedback even though I am not touching the screen nbsp The clicking happens very fast several times a second and makes the notebook unusuable nbsp I can make the clicking stop by touching and holding my finger on the screen near where the clicking is happening nbsp However as soon as Acer Aspire R7-572 Touch Screen Glitching Out I lift my finger the clicking resumes nbsp To fix the issue I have to do a touch screen calibration Windows settings - gt Tablet PC Settings - gt Calibrate - gt Touch input nbsp However the calibration appears to be off using this method I cannot swipe the windows bar to Acer Aspire R7-572 Touch Screen Glitching Out the right so I then do a calibration reset Tablet PC Settings - gt Reset nbsp This generally resolves the issue for a while nbsp I have tried moving the screen into different positions and cleaning the screen but the issue still comes back on occassion nbsp Any support would be greatly appreciated nbsp Thanks

A:Acer Aspire R7-572 Touch Screen Glitching Out

That sounds like there may be a problem with either the touch panel or digitizer on the screen.

My best recommendation would be to contact support in your region for assistance.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base ArticlesRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-R7-572-Touch-Screen-Glitching-Out/td-p/194483/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

My acer aspire laptop wouldn't let me close out I Tunes last night... wasn't responding when I tried to close. I enven hit the power button but nothing changes, so I closed the lap top with the screen still showing the I Tunes screen and went to be.
This morning I opened it up and tried to get it going but can't get a response... only a black screen. Can you tell me what I've done and how to fix it?
Thanks!

A:Solved: black screen on acer aspire

Hi and welcome to TSG.

I am no laptop expert but will try and give you some things to check.

Have you managed to turn the laptop off? Try holding down the power button for up to 10 seconds, this should turn it off.
When you turn it back on do you get anything at all on the screen? Does everything else respond normally, just as if it was booting up (apart from the screen), ie, power light on, hard drive light flashing etc?

If you can't see anything on the screen easily try shining a good torch directly at the screen when you turn it on, and look at it closely, if you can see the normal image by using the torch that would imply that you backlight has failed.

Another possible problem could be the inverter for the screen, these can be changed on most (if not all) laptops. On many it isn't a particularly difficult job (bit fiddly though) but if you are unsure it may be worth getting it checked by a recognised engineer. If you want to try it yourself there are guides on the internet for many makes and models of laptop and I am sure people here will help / guide you through it.

I am leaning toward one of those two because it was left on overnight with the screen locked, this could burn something out, although the screen should turn off when you close the case anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-on-acer-aspire.871817/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello.
Lately, my laptop LCD display stopped working and any external monitor I try displays a corrupted screen. Also it is worth mentioning that I can only use safe mode as when booting up windows 7 the BSOD is shown and the pc reboots.

I tried disassembling the laptop to check if everything is connected correctly. Sadly, to no avail.

The attached images show the screen when in safe mode and in BIOS.

The laptop model is Acer Aspire 5738z.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Corrupted Screen - Acer Aspire 5738z

You have faulty RAM or a faulty graphics chip. Have you tried removing one stick of RAM and testing with only one installed? Then repeat the same thing using only the other stick in the other slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupted-screen-acer-aspire-5738z.1107884/
Relevancy 101.48%

I have an Acer Aspire M5100 and I cleaned it today to get rid of all the dust. However, after leaving it for awhile and turning it back on again, I got no image. Also, when it was working properly I would always get a beep before it started up and now I don't get that beep anymore.

On the screen, it comes up with Acer then 'No Signal.' I got this from Bright House and I have asked them to fix it for me but it's going to take over a month to do it and I would rather have it up and working by that time.

I don't know why it isn't beeping anymore and I don't understand why the image isn't coming up, unless I've touched something I haven't or moved something I haven't.

Thanks!

Relevancy 101.48%

HI My Acer 5536 has black screenI updated from windows 7 to windows 10 hit restart everything looked like it was working okI turned it off and didn't go back to it for a few weeks.came to use it today it will not boot. just black screen. i can hear the fan runningi tried1 remove battery/power hold start button (tried 3 times 30 seconds/1 min/2min)..no luck2 hold light to screen to see if i can see faint image...can't see anything3 hold f8 on start up..no difference4 vga port to external screen..no sigh of life5 downloaded bios from acer put on flash drive hold fn/esc press start..again no sigh of lifecan anyone please give anything else to trythank youmo 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-5536-black-screen/td-p/459850
Relevancy 101.48%

when i turn on my laptop all i get is a black screen, i get a thin rectangler box at the bottom of screen with a green bar going across. it acts like it is going to load but it never does. i have done the things listed under f8 with no luck. is there anything else i can do. im loosing business buy the day.

A:black screen on acer aspire 5335

Hi try running a repair from you install or recovery disc http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-acer-aspire-5335.916861/
Relevancy 101.48%

Power is on (white or orange light on upper left of keyboard) but cannot get screen to respond. On UTube there is a video concerning a different Acer that downloads some software. Would this work? And could I download this Acer repair software to a memorystick on my Mac to then insert into the black screen Acer to activate . Many thanks in advance for your help.

A:Acer Aspire 4810T black screen

Post a link to that Utube video please so I can watch it myself, then I'll try to answer your question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4810t-black-screen.1089169/
Relevancy 101.48%

I was reading on here about a blinking screen and tried the solution that was presented on the thread and the screen quit blinking. (removed the battery)--Does this mean that battery is bad or is the motherboard going bad. Has not blinked the whole time I have been typing this. I have a Acer Aspire 5670 running xp home w/sp2, t2300 processor (1.67) and 2 gigs of ram.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

A:Blinking Screen on Acer Aspire 5670

Does it blink when you replace the battery? Also, does it blink when the power cable is connected to the Laptop?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blinking-screen-on-acer-aspire-5670-a-376109.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I would like to upgrade my Acer Aspire X3200 desktop pc so that I can have dual or even triple screen capabilities. I have been lead to beleive I will need a video card. I am happy with the graphics currently but I need another VGA slot.

Does anyone know what sort of video card I would need to get that would fit into this unit? It is small form factor so Im not sure most would fit. Also I'm looking for the cheapest possible, it doesnt need to be powerful, just give me dual screen. Also, I'm in the UK.
If you need me to give any more info, I'm happy to.

Really hope someone can help, thanks!
Kes

Relevancy 101.48%

Aspire E1-572 has blank screen. Running Windows 7. Acer logo comes up but then all blank. Checked battery is OK. Can get to System menus by tapping F2 or F12 or F8 but screen is still blank. Please help!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E1-572-has-blank-screen-Acer-logo-comes-up-but-then-all/td-p/439318/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

An area about 7 cm high and 11 cm wide in the lower right corner doesn't react when i try to click on something there. It seems like, the computer can't tell that there is something to press on. Have enyone ever heard of something like it?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/My-Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-have-a-square-on-the-screen-where-the/td-p/463124
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi,
I'm going to be very quick and blunt. Mainly because I'm annoyed.
There was a power outage last night.
My laptop had been plugged in, but plugged into a almost industrial surge protector.
A while later I remembered to check on my laptop.
It had frozen solid, and would not shut down, even by holding down the power button.
For some reason, the laptop did not go into autohibernation upon low battery.
Now, when I tried to turn the laptop on, the computer clicks in, as it usually does.
However, the screen appears to be off completely even after I power on the computer.

Can anyone help?

Relevancy 101.48%

Hi Guys nbsp I have an acer aspire g I turned it off one night and went to turn it on the next day and now it won't boot up nbsp Doesn't show anything on the screen the power light comes on the keyboard back light turns on the media controls are still useable and the bluetooth light is on solid but the laptop doesn't display anything or seem to proceed any further as the bluetooth light would Aspire screen black Acer 5942g normally turn off no bluetooth module in this laptop nbsp nbsp I have tried the whole remove battery hold power button down and just turn on with AC adapter plugged in with no effect nbsp nbsp I've taken it apart and reseated the CPU and redid the thermal paste However I did Acer Aspire 5942g black screen notice that the old thermal paste has gone onto some of the resistors on the top Could this cause a short nbsp nbsp It's almost like it's stuck in a sleep mode nbsp nbsp Any suggestions would be highly helpful I'm worried that the board is dead but I can't find any replacements online nbsp Thanks Dan

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5942g-black-screen/td-p/438163/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi guys, Been looking around the forums but not found a solution to my frustrating problem. I've got an Acer Aspire desktop M1610, Windows Vista, 32 bit operating system.

I turn the computer on. As it begins to load the screen goes blank and remains that way. If i run the comp in safe mode it operates fine.

Can this problem be resolved?

Thanks in advance!

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire - Blank screen! Please help!

hello
have you tried a clean boot.... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-acer-aspire-blank-screen-please-help-451587.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Went to restart my laptop after noticing a restart and update prompt. After it downloaded the updates it looked as if it went to restart. But nothing happened screen went black, still has power and its charging my phone as I write this. Have tried the hard resets and have taken information from this site from people with similar problems but nothing has worked. Absolutely nothing comes on the screen when hard reset in light you can see power to the screen but it stays black. Anyone have similar issues? It's fairly new and not used too often.

A:Acer Aspire E 15 powers up black screen

Well after a full day of hard resets. acer logo with loading screen appeared. The last one i tried was power & f-12 seems to be back working. good ol acer......

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e-15-powers-up-black-screen/1901.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hey all About a year after I bought my new Acer laptop I noticed that the screen started flickering At first it only Aspire 6930 flicker Screen Acer flickered every couple days that was until recently One day I turned on my laptop and sure enough the screen was flickering quite violently for a second or so every couple mins Needless to say I got fed up I searched all over the internet and found lots of people with this problem yet I could not find anyone who solved this problem without sending it in for warranty So I got out my screwdriver and started to work NOTE I only did this because my warranty had expired so don t be dumb if you just bought the computer return it to the store or if it is less than a year old send it in for warranty -- anyways back to my story I started by taking out screws on the bottom of the computer that allowed me to take off a top section of the laptop as in above the keyboard where the power button is located Once I had this off I made sure the cables connecting the LCD screen to the motherboard were properly connected The cable connector can be found Acer Aspire 6930 Screen flicker just above the F -F keys I used quot air-in-a-can quot to Acer Aspire 6930 Screen flicker blow away any dust around these connectors It was surprisingly dusty in there Next- place the screws back in their original locations and start up the computer If the screen stopped flickering your done Note I also took apart the casing for the LCD screen so that I could see the connector on the back of the display which is located about inches in from the LEFT side and about inches down from the TOP when looking at your display I ensured that the connector was secure and proceeded to put all the screws back where they came from If needed you can probably find a more detailed tutorial on taking apart your Acer screen elsewhere on the web I don t know if it was just a fluke but it worked for me I have been quot flicker free quot for a week now and just decided to post my findings so that someone like you could fix the laptop flicker without paying expired warranty fees that break the bank Good luck Regards Matt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-6930-screen-flicker.905171/
Relevancy 101.48%

I have an Acer Aspire 5732Z laptop, bought in 2010, which has worked well until a last week. When I power on the laptop, lights come on on the laptop & keyboard, on one occasion 'Acer' flashed up on the screen but on all other attempts the screen just turns dark blue and nothing else happens. Any ideas on what could cause this? And any ideas how I could get the laptop looked at/fixed affordably. Thanks 

A:why is my Acer Aspire 5732Z screen blank

Your laptop is way out of warranty. First thing. Hold down the alt and the F-10 key and push the power button (have someone push it or use a pencil in your mouth) and don't let go of the Alt and F-10 until Recovery starts or it's obvious nothing is happening.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/why-is-my-Acer-Aspire-5732Z-screen-blank/td-p/422847/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi All. I have an acer aspire 5542 with windows 7 64-bitAfter I replaced the fan and speakers the laptop worked perfectly but wanted to do a large amount of updates every time I shut it down and powered it up again. I think there were 101 updates it did and it was working perfectly afterwards until I shut it down which it did at it's usual speed. when I turn it on now all I get is a black screen. I can hear the fan running and the DVD tray opens and closes normally.Please can anyone help me.

A:Hi All. I have an acer aspire 5542. Black screen.

if u can just wpie the drive and do a fresh reinstall of os

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-All-I-have-an-acer-aspire-5542-Black-screen/td-p/422571/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

On boot up I get a dark screen with a flasing cursor. Some keys beep when pressed. 722-0473

A:My Acer Aspire One has a black screen with flashin...

If you have a copy of a windows disk you can boot from a (No CD/DVD drive?) USB and select repair my computer, navigate to command prompt and run these commands, one at a time,
Bootrec.exebcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backupc:cd bootattrib bcd -s -h -rren c:\boot\bcd bcd.oldbootrec /RebuildBcdbootrec /fixmbbootrec /fixbootRemove recovery disk and boot from hard drive (don't forget to set the boot option back to HD).

Some people say this works
Push start and immediately hold down start button until it shuts off. Do this three more times, but the third time don't hold the start button. Just leave it and let it run. Do have power cord plugged in. Give it a couple hours or so. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Acer-Aspire-One-has-a-black-screen-with-flashing-cursor/td-p/424315/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

Its black screen after i reset the motherboard using cmos battery...i have tried to flash the bios using USB Flash Drive but it still cant......btw my HDD is now windows 10 but my original was windows 8 when i bought 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/My-acer-aspire-V5-471PG-black-screen/td-p/440523/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

My touch screen stopped working. I followed some of the advice on this forum but was unable to find the HID Touch Screen in the Device manager. I then tried to find the driver for the touch screen, but it was not there. I search Acer Drivers, but there was no driver available. Where can i get the driver for the touch screen, or find the maker of the touch screen to download it from their site.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/I-have-an-Acer-Aspire-R5-The-touch-screen-stopped-working-and/td-p/442535
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum and i believe my salvation will come from here, i used my laptop two days ago at about 9pm and when i was about going to bed, i unplugged its cable and shut it down normally. Rising up from bed at about 6am, i decided to check my mails, immediately i pressed the power button, i could only see the power on light and hear the fan but my screen remained dormant. I did all i could but my screen remained black. I wonder what could have happened overnight. Please i need urgent help, i use my laptop very often and i just cant do without it. please help me, here is my email *******@yahoo.com please send me any suggestions. I RELY ON YOU

*Removed email per TSF policy "No help by PM or email" ~GZ

A:Acer Aspire 5535 with Black Screen

Hello, Welcome to TSF.

Turn on laptop, have a flash light ready give it time to get to desktop.

Shine the flashlight into the screen holding it pretty close, moving it around to see if you can see anything in background of screen.

Are you able to see anything?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5535-with-black-screen-672056.html
Relevancy 101.48%

My acer aspire 7730z laptop has a black screen, I can see the desktop and use the computer normally with an external monitorm but the laptop screen is black, Running windows vista home premium. I tried flashing the bios but it did not bring the laptop screen back. Anyone else have this problem?

Relevancy 101.48%

My touch screen stopped working. I followed some of the advice on this forum but was unable to find the HID Touch Screen in the Device manager. I then tried to find the driver for the touch screen, but it was not there. I search Acer Drivers, but there was no driver available. Where can i get the driver for the touch screen, or find the maker of the touch screen to download it from their site.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/I-have-an-Acer-Aspire-R5-The-touch-screen-stopped-working-and/td-p/442535/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

My acer aspire one d255e is not showing any display since today morning .i can heard the Windows log in sound but I can't see.how can I fix it ?

A:My acer aspire one d255e black screen

>>>i can heard the Windows log in sound >>> This is actually a good sign. Try to toggle the screen on and off with the Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 toggle key combos. If this doesn't work, try to HDMI or VGA out to a TV set or external monitor with the same toggle key combos. Report back. Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-acer-aspire-one-d255e-black-screen/td-p/442509
Relevancy 101.48%

Firstly happy new year all I switched my Acer Aspire g on earlier got to the desktop screen the laptop then restarted itself because it had updated I 7741g not Aspire Acer is working screen waited for it to get back to the log in screen at which point I heard the normal alert to say I was there but the screen was still black I restarted it and unplugged it left it for a while Turned it on and again Acer Aspire 7741g screen is not working the screen is still not working I m on it right now but have it hooked up to a computer monitor Everything seems to Acer Aspire 7741g screen is not working be working Acer Aspire 7741g screen is not working fine except for that I m not sure if I m right in saying this but it also seems quieter The fans aren t whirring like they normally do And I m sure that there is normally a blue ring around the power button that is not there presently I m stumped Any ideas I don t want to have to send it off to Knowhow and get one of their crappy laptops while they try and fix it if there is something I can do try first Thanks v much in advance Darren nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 7741g screen is not working

There is a device about the size of a five or six inch pencil at the back or bottom of your screen... called an inverter. It supplies the inverted image to the monitor. These have a tendency to burn out after a year or two in that model... they are not expensive... about seven dollars to a licensed tech, or perhaps $25 on eBay.

You have to remove all the screws around the monitor... then you unplug the defective one, and install a new one by plugging it in.

The hard part is removing all the screw covers carefully enough, then keeping track of all the screw sizes and where they go, then installing everything once the new Inverter is in.

The first one takes most folks two hours... after you have done a couple, perhaps 20 to 25 minutes. Of find a friendly tech who knows Acer and where to order the part..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-7741g-screen-is-not-working.176198/
Relevancy 101.48%

The screen of my Acer Aspire E15 Touch goes black as soon as I plug it in to a power source. Works fine on battery alone, but not when it's connected to power. Help!

A:acer aspire screen goes black when I plug in to po...

I have the same issue.Have you recently installed Windows 10 upgrade.It maybe a coincidence that this was the first time i had used my charger since installing the upgrade.Does the screen come back on when you unplug the charger?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-screen-goes-black-when-I-plug-in-to-power/td-p/380494/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

Hey I have a proble, with my screen. Everytime I close it I guess it goes to sleep. I open it back up and the screen is black. I press the power buton, any key, or Fn+F4 and it still doesn't come up. I've tried changing video display. Nada. I just found out that when I click space or back space. It makes the ping sound. So I know it's running just, not showing anything. Any help would be definitely appreciated.
Thanks, Daeva

A:Acer Aspire Laptop screen problems.

Was this laptop upgraded to Vista? Please give me more info. Make, model no etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-laptop-screen-problems-166303.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I have an acer aspire 4810t running windows 7 64 bit ....My screen is completely black. I can hook up an external monitor and it works fine. The laptop is now out of warranty. Any ideas on wht it could be and how to fix it.
Thanks,

A:Acer aspire 4810T black screen

Sounds like its either the LCD screen or the inverter or the backlight in the lcd screen.

Either way its a fairly easy fix since you just replace them.

Since its a 14" screen from what I could find, your looking at the $100 Range for a new LCD not including installation or an inverter if you need it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4810t-black-screen.986381/
Relevancy 101.48%

I have a acer aspire 5600u touch screen and key board that was given to me, after doing the windows up date and download for windows 8.1 my touch screen no longer works???? Can any one help? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/how-do-i-get-my-acer-aspire-5600u-touch-screen-to-work/td-p/433993/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi -

Having a problem with my Acer Aspire laptop. When I boot it up all I see is this grey screen:

I recently had it hooked up via HDMI to a TV that was doing the same thing. Any ideas?

A:Acer Aspire laptop - grey screen

If you connect it to an external monitor and get the same problem, then it is more likely driver or graphics card hardware related, probably not an issue with the actual laptop screen. Unfortunately this can make diagnosis harder without physically getting hands on it.

How old is the laptop?
What is the exact model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-laptop-grey-screen.1152176/
Relevancy 100.19%

Sometimes it says automatic repair on the loading screen then goes black, or after the loading screen it goes black, tried most key controls and they havn't worked, can someone tell me which Bios to download and how to do it because I'm pretty sure thats the only thing left to do before i throw it at the wall.

A:My Acer Aspire V5-571P has Black Screen of Death. ...

Hello wnepi2,

You should read this topic (Chigers): black screen - flash bios V5-571
You have the same setup bios utility (V5-531 or V5-571): Phoenix SecureCore Tiano BIOS

To summarize:
1- Download the bios file on the acer support website
2- If it's necessary (Windows version), extract the self-extratible file (*.exe) contained in the zip
    file with 7-zip
3- Format an USB flash drive to FAT or FAT32
4- Copy all files on this one (contained in the Dos or Windows(#2) folder)
5- Follow the instructions of Chigers to recorver the bios

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/My-Acer-Aspire-V5-571P-has-Black-Screen-of-Death-HELP/td-p/334407/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 100.19%

My Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 touch screen laptop comes on and shows the Acer logo with the circle spinning, the screen goes black then after a min. The Acer logo shows but no circle and it won't do anything like it's froze! Please someone help??? 

A:Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 screen goes black then Ac...

Unplug it, turn it over and locate the tiny hole in the bottom. Use a paperclip or Etc. to GENTLY push into the hole until you feel a click. See if it will boot.Do you have anything plugged in? Maybe a sdcard left in the slot? USB mouse? Printer cable? Unplug everything. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-V5-122p-0408-screen-goes-black-then-Acer-logo/td-p/426989
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi My girlfriends new ACER from ebuyer keeps freezing with lines down the screen see here - http forums ebuyer com showthread php p amp posted post this seems to be happening more frequently I suspect bad memory as it only came with so bought ebuyer value which is actually samsung ACER 5051 with Freezes lines down Aspire screen..? - - a good make i wud have thought and i think both modules are faulty and the shared memory ATI graphics chip is trying to write to the bad memory causing this freezing with bad screen I ran MEMTEST on each module and it showed errors after mins on the ACER mb and errors after mins on the ebuyer to be sure i ran MEMTEST on my old laptop that has Mb and showed no errors after mins Whats the chances of me buying a laptop and memory from ebuyer and both faulty has anyone else had problems like this or know if it is the memory gt I just want to be certain of what it is as my friend sent his back to ACER twice they had it ACER Aspire 5051 - Freezes with lines down screen..? weeks each time and ACER Aspire 5051 - Freezes with lines down screen..? they didnt seem to do anything and the problem is it starts and like just now i have been on for mins and hasnt yet crashed but it will they are likely to ship it back to me as it is so i wont have a repaired laptop Any Advice will be greatlt appreciated thx nbsp

Relevancy 100.19%

Hi there pals!
I have a problem with an Acer Aspire 7520 laptop which gives me distorted colors on the screen. Could it be overheating? I cleaned the fan and the cooler, but to no avail. Could it be the video card? If yes, is it worth fixing or not?
Anticipated thanks.
Cheers.
D.

A:Acer aspire 7520 distorted screen colors

Download, install and run HWMonitor.

http://download.cnet.com/HWMonitor/3000-2094_4-10793486.html

Let us know the temperature of your GPU on idle and on load. If it's close to 90 or higher it's overheating.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-7520-distorted-screen-colors.927082/
Relevancy 100.19%

My year old acer aspire 1410 has about 1/4 of the screen on the far left covered in several different colors of stripes. The stripes do not apper in screen shots and have no effect on the computers perfomance. The area in the bottom left corner of screen gets very hot and I can tamper with the color of the stripes by pushing on the hot area. I cant figure it out and would like to know if this is something that I can fix at home or I need to spend money to get some one to fix it.
Any ideas?

A:Acer Aspire 1410 external screen issue

Yes the LCD panel is damaged and it will need to be replaced. The panel would be around $130 plus labor to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-1410-external-screen-issue.169210/
Relevancy 100.19%

After trying to restore windows xp to factory settings by using alt+f10 I'm no longer able to startup my computer. I never got into the restoring menu!

I get a blue screen with the following technical info:

***stop: 0x0000007B, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

The PC is an Acer Aspire M5500 with windows XP home on it.

Also my videocard has been disabled for some time now and i was using the display output on the motherboard.

Trying to install a new videocard was the reason for me to reset to the factory settings.

Can anyone advise me on what the problem might be and how to solve it?!

Thanks in advance

A:acer aspire blue screen after recover attempt (alt+f10)

Boot off of the XP CD Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for memtest and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn boot off of the troubled computer with the newly created CD and run the tests with one stick of RAM in at a time for at least 7 passes each.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-blue-screen-after-recover-attempt-alt-f10-589251.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I Acer 15.4" Aspire screen 5000 replacement was a bit too harsh on my acer aspire I haven t been good about using it at a desk and the finishing blow to the screen was when it slid off my lap onto a tile floor after the screen had Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement already been flickering for about a month and I ended up damaging the screen to the point where the backlight will turn on but the LCD part of the screen will not function I started asking around and took the cover off of the screen to see if it was simply a broken connection or something simple to fix I noticed that the only electrical connections are two that are at the base of the screen After talking to a person from geeksquad even though they Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement don t sell Acers it sounds like if I could manage to find a quot screen that is compatible with my acer I should be able to replace it myself However I m nervous that I may have not seen a connection that would require some soldering a technique I have not yet mastered Has anyone tried anything like this with an acer before or could the problem possibly be something else that I may have overlooked nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement

Hello, toret5, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, it would be easier for you to just buy a whole new monitor, plus, as you say, a connection could have broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5000-15-4-screen-replacement.95322/
Relevancy 100.19%

My sons laptop wont turn on it says preparing to repair but thats it nothing else , sometimes when we turn it on it just has the Acer logo, he is doing his GCSE at mo and there is work on there we cant afford to loose please help?

A:Acer aspire E15 has on screen preparing to repair but doesnt

" there is work on there we cant afford to loose please help?" Only safe way is take the hard drive out & slave it to another comp.Recover the work that he can't afford to lose, then when that is done, let us know & we can advise further.SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Hard Drive Adapterhttp://www.pccasegear.com/index.php...USB 2.0 to SATA / IDE Adaptor Cablehttp://www.circuitcentral.com.au/us...Universal Drive Adapterhttp://www.newertech.com/products/u...Notebook / Laptop Hard Drive to Desktop Adapter (2.5" to 3.5") http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?c...http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?in...message edited by Johnw

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/acer-aspire-e15-has-on-screen-preparing-to-repair-but-doesnt/40034.html