Windows Support Forum

video transfer problems/cables?

Q: video transfer problems/cables?

hello techies. im trying/needing to get my old footage from sony trv-120 to laptop for editing.have acer aspire 5810tz,it only has 4 usb ports.i need ieee1394 firewire,4 pin to4/6pin?do i need a card ,adaptor,gizmos or gadgets, programs?i believe vista is ready to accept sony info.ive read using usb for transfer would mean loosing quality of video?would rather not loose any quality if avoidable.pretty new to the techieworld here(diditaliterate),so would love a simple fix if there is one out there.ive seen the ieee cables for super cheap but my acer has no ports...???help/thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: video transfer problems/cables?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 62.78%

Running W-7 X64 Enterprise, which to Transfer Files from my XP PC . Can I just use USB cable or do I need special Transfer Cables?

A:Transfer Cables

Quote: Originally Posted by xptowindows7

Running W-7 X64 Enterprise, which to Transfer Files from my XP PC . Can I just use USB cable or do I need special Transfer Cables?

Need more info. Are you transferring just data or are you looking to import XP and dual boot. Are both the same version (32bit or 64bit)?
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/104279-transfer-cables.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I've seen & used the Belkin file transfer cable for Windows 7. It worked fine.

Targus has one which is decently priced at some places...

Laplink is the daddy of all of these and I used it for years when I was working.

I've since 'retired' and am doin other things. I swore I'd never touch another PC ever again. I lied.

What are others opinions on these products?

A:Filre transfer cables - seriously, which one is better

Quote: Originally Posted by FredtheBlackLab

I've seen & used the Belkin file transfer cable for Windows 7. It worked fine.

Targus has one which is decently priced at some places...

Laplink is the daddy of all of these and I used it for years when I was working.

I've since 'retired' and am doin other things. I swore I'd never touch another PC ever again. I lied.

What are others opinions on these products?

hi and welcome

For transfering files between what and what?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/39143-filre-transfer-cables-seriously-one-better.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a desktop and laptop both with XP. Is it possible to just use a regular Ethernet cable to connect them and transfer files??? I dont want to buy a router and make a home network since Im only home once in a while so I just want some important files. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 53.75%

From the early days of computing, when the FCC became concerned with stray emissions, ferrite beads or clamps were required to be on the cable that ran from the display adapter to the video monitor. Today, most video monitors come equipped with imbedded beads at one or both ends of the monitor cable. The beads are recognizable because they have a larger diameter than the rest of the cable.

1) Are these beads just an iron core?
2) Or are they magnetic as well?
3) Exactly what do they do?
4) How do they function?

I'm a non-engineer who is curious about such arcane matters.

------------------
R. J. Emery

[This message has been edited by rjemery (edited 02-08-2000).]

Relevancy 52.89%

Do Audio Video Cables Quality matter much?

for example with Coax i know the gold connectors worked better then silver connectors. So my question is do the cables red yellow and white connectors have high and low quality cables or they all the same. If they have high quality cables what are the names of them and where can i find them.

A:Do Audio Video Cables quality matter much?

Red,White audio RCA are much the same.
It's haveing and useing a SVHS video cable instead of Yellow RCA.
If your TV has it for VCR's etc.that have it out.
But it also depends where you are.This is a N American reply,not GB.
Add your location to your Profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-audio-video-cables-quality-matter-much.104072/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi im having a major issue I want to play my games via my Dell switching Xbox cables. PC without monitor on video flat screen monitor The way I Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables. achieve that now is by disconnecting the vga cable that connects my computer to my monitor and plugging in the vga cable for my xbox into the monitor Then when Im done I have to go through the agonizing process of unscrewing the cable for my xbox and replacing the cable for my computer This is my xbox cable http www xbox com en-US hardware x xbox vgahdcable My major question is Can I make is so I can have an option or button to switch between the two videos Like say mid game I want to switch back to my pc without have to unplug my Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables. cable or anything can I do that I notice the cable for the connection from my pc to my monitor has another cable hanging off of it but I have no idea what that is for and it doesn t take in cables it puts out My operating system is a Dell C and i have a in flat screen monitor with the speaker attached to it on the bottom Do Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables. I have to buy an attachment or is there a program I can buy Thank you so much nbsp

A:Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables.

I also run on Vista 32 bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-video-on-pc-monitor-without-switching-cables.880606/
Relevancy 52.03%

Please read this, sorry, I would copy and paste but like I say I'm using a Wii for internet due to no working PC, and there's no copy and paste (yes, I'm actually typing this damn long URL by hand):
http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-hardw...r-how-do-i-take-hdd-graphics-card-out-pc.html

Thanks for any help! Hopefully this forum will have more people online at this late/early time (I'm UK based and so is the previous forum)

A:Complete hardware beginner: How to remove power cables, ribbon cables and HDD drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/complete-hardware-beginner-how-to-remove-power-cables-ribbon-cables-and-hdd-drives.776575/
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently purchased a Chaintech Geforce FX MB DDR AGP X X video card from newegg com Additional stats Core clock MHz D-SUB DirectX DirectX DVI Max Resolution input/check after display won't Monitor cables) new card install video (no x Hz Memory Clock MHz OpenGL OpenGL TV Monitor won't display (no input/check cables) after new video card install Tuner No TV-Out S-Video Out VIVO No I ve been using an old Geforce MB card don t have the specifics at the moment and it was working fine albeit sub-par for new games namely Guild Wars I m using an ASUS A V Socket A motherboard MHz FSB AGP Pro X if you need any other info or specs let me know and I ll provide what I can Long story short I correctly and safely removed the old card input the new card and nothing happens My monitor says quot no input check cables quot Obviously something is going on with this card I m not sure if the problem is with the card itself or its compatibility with my motherboard I m not a genius when it comes to pc hardware that s why I m here and basically I have two questions If this video card can work with my motherboard what do I need to do to get it to work If this video card cannot work with my motherboard what s the best video card I could buy that would be compatible with what I ve got Also considering the motherboard I DO have if I indeed I need to replace this card again what should I look for so I don t order the wrong thing Any assistance will be GREATLY appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor won't display (no input/check cables) after new video card install

You didn't say whether or not you uninstalled the old graphics card driver and installed a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-display-no-input-check-cables-after-new-video-card-install.25930/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 1994 Sony Handycam . I was going to unload it because I thought I could not transfer video from the Handycam to my PC. Then I happened upon a site that said:

"It is perfect for transferring your 8mm videos to DVD or VHS, PC or Laptop, or just viewing them. To transfer to DVD recorder or VHS, just use the included AV cable. To transfer to computer, you will need a video converter (analog to digital) such as the ones made by Dazzle(cheap on Ebay)."

So if this information is correct, I have two questions. One-which converter would work with my Handycam and PC (details below). Two-where would be a good place on internet to find one.

If any video experts out there have some info/suggestions I would be very grateful

PC info: Emachines T5226, Windows Vista
Handycam info: CCD TR82

A:Solved: Analog to Digital converter for video transfer: Handycam Video 8 CCD TR82 to

I decided to go with Diamond VC500 One Touch Video Capture Device. It has the hardware I need to hook my camcorder up to my computer (A/V to USB cable), plus it has video editing software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-analog-to-digital-converter-for-video-transfer-handycam-video-8-ccd-tr82-to.989528/
Relevancy 50.31%

Conventional wisdom says 18" max, but I am seeing 24" and even 36" round Ide cables. Is anyone using these? Has anyone had problems from them? Thanks in advance for any insight.

A:Problems from long IDE cables ??

That is not just conventional wisodm that is the standard for IDe cables that they are to be 18" or less. longer cables do not meet the standard. whether or not people have problems with using longer than standard cables depends alot on the quality of the cables they buy. I have seldom seen anyone who uses the longer cables have a problem if they used good quality cables. on the other hand I have seen people who boght the cheapo generic cables and have plenty of problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-from-long-ide-cables.52864/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this at, so sorry about that.
My PC is AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (2.4 GHZ, Overclocked @ 3.80)

When I was cleaning my computer I accidentally removed the cables that come from the power button and goes to the processor (There's only like 4 very small cables, saying Power SW, H.D.D Led and two others saying G.). Now I don't know where they go, and can't turn on my computer.
I've tried to search for a manual or instructions which would show where they go, but couldn't find a solution. I even tried to guess where they go, but no luck.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance! <3

A:Problems with plugging cables

Nvm! Problem solved.

I kept trying and finally got everything working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-plugging-cables.132594/
Relevancy 49.02%

Please bear with me as this video lark is all new to me.

I recently got a Sony TRV245E camcorder and was wondering what the best format is when capturing images on the PC?
I seem to have the choice of AVI or MPEG-1.

The camera does this via USB but also has a 'DV out' connection, would this improve quality at all?

I did a test VCD and when I played it on my DVD player it looked horribly pixilated. I had to use NERO to do this as the Pixela ImageMixer software that came with the camera wouldn't recognise my CDRW drive.

Also as this camera has no 'DV in' is there a way of getting images back ot of the PC and onto VHS tape?

Relevancy 49.02%

I'm looking for some help on troubleshooting what appears Video no Transfer video - hardware signal to be a device or driver issue The device is the Roxio VHS Video Transfer hardware - no video signal to DVD Video Transfer hardware - no video signal transfer cable and the Roxio support people couldn't help I know the cable and it's software work they work on a borrowed Windows machine So it's got to be Video Transfer hardware - no video signal a Windows or laptop issue I purchased this product which is a hardware cable that attaches to the Audio Video composite outputs on a VHS tape machine or other player and to a USB port on the laptop Then you play the tape machine and it shows in a window in the Roxio software while it records the AV data into an MP file Only no matter what I do I get quot No Video Signal detected quot error from the Roxio software It just can't see the video data I did the install from CD It installed clean Then I plugged in the device and PnP installed the device drivers and they installed ok But I got the quot No Video Signal Detected quot error I uninstalled and reinstalled times now Once I used Revo uninstaller and did a clean install the other times I either uninstalled it from control panel and reinstalled or just installed over the existing installation Still the same error I deleted the device drivers unplugged the device rebooted and replugged the device It found the disk with the device drivers and the device drivers installed ok and were reporting working in Device Manager I did this about times overall We tried disabling some other drivers in Device Manager like printers Didn't seem to hep Now in the middle of all this i installed this on a very similar laptop same age HP laptop as mine sightly different model same OS It installed fine and it worked So now I'm stuck Best Buy will not take software back and really it's not the device But I'm stuck with a non-working device Does anyone have an idea what might be going on and how to troubleshoot this I figure there is probably a good general method for proceeding The drivers appear to set up ok and software ok just no signal on one machine but works fine on another Steve

A:Video Transfer hardware - no video signal

I have no ready answer, having never used that device.
But assuming from your information that there is a signal traveling down that USB cable, and all of the settings in the software are exactly like they are on the working laptop, then that leaves the USB port as the primary suspect.

Have you tried another USB port on the problem laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/338773-video-transfer-hardware-no-video-signal.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Guys, i heard round cable affects perf, is it true?

Nee help as above! Heard ppl said round cable lose data, is it true? Pls enlighten, thanks!

A:Data loss problems with rounded cables? Any truth?

Unless its very cheap substandard cable then I doubt this is true.
I double that there would be any crosstalk or interference since the cables are fairly close in the standard IDE cable anyway (I assume that its IDE cables that your talking about?)
Plus when its simply between a single of 1 and 0 its quite hard to have that signal confused without serious interference. I'm no expert in this field but I know a lot of the members here use rounded IDE cables and haven't heard of problems from them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-loss-problems-with-rounded-cables-any-truth.688/
Relevancy 47.3%

Is there a program taht will allow for this, that is relatively cheap, or is there a way to do it without using a program?

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello world MONEY MAKING THROUGH CARDING MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK BANK TRANSFER WESTERN UNION TRANSFER CARDING DUMPS PAYPAL TRANSFER CREDIT CARDS SALE Freshest approval of Dumps with Good validity Rate and balanced Sell Cvv Credit Cards for Sale Sell Fullz ATM Cards with PIN Fresh Dumps with PIN CC worldwide Atm cards with pin bank account transfer worldwide carding credit cards for sale cvv worlwide dumps with good balance dumps with high balance Dumps with PIN get rich by carding money making in carding money making through carding no scam real business sell atm cards sell cc sell cvv sell cvv dumps sell dumps with pin sell fresh cvv sell fresh dumps tracks sell fresh fullz sell fullz Visa high quality cards lt lt PRICE FOR DUMPS gt gt USA CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM USD MONEY TRANSFER, PAYPAL TRANSFER, SALE CREDIT DUMPS, MAKING CARDING, CARDS BANK UNION BUSINESS WESTERN NETWORK, TRANSFER, OTHERS ALL MC VISA USD DISCOVERY USD AMEX USD CANADA- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD CANADA- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD EU- CLASSIC MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD INFINITE USD EU- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD INFINITE USD EU AMEX USD EU DISCOVERY USD lt lt PRICE FOR CVV gt gt US PER US WITH BIN PER US FULLZ PER US VBV PER UK RANDOM PER UK WITH DOB PER UK WITH BIN PER UK BINDOB PER UK FULLZ PER UK VBV PRICE AU PER EU VISA MASTER PER CA RANDOM PER CA BIN PER CA FULLS PER FRANCE PER FRANCE WITH DOB PER GERMANY PER GERMANY WITH DOB PER ITALY PER ITALY WITH DOB PER JAPAN PER JAPAN WITH DOB PER BELGIUM PER DENMARK PER SPAIN PER Terms amp Conditions - We Sell Only First Hand High Valid Dumps And Always Fresh We Update Every - Days With - k Of Dumps So You MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE Can Buy With Confidence That The Dumps We Sell To You Are Only Yours And Don t Come From Another Hand We Don t Give Any Test Dump Or Free Dump We Guarantee That Our Dumps Work In We Are Seller Not Reseller So Instant Delivery We Provide Bin List For Choosing Bins Also Sell Mix amp Bulk Packages And Bonus On Big Orders We Only Replace Cards That Say Hold Stolen Decline Pick Up Invalid Region Block Never Will Be Replaced So Please Choose MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE Your Bin Carefully Replacement In Eu Or Ca Perfect Money Pm Bitcoins Btc Web Money Wmz Western Union Wu And Money Gram Mg Wu-Mg Minimum Order Drop Fee We Also Provide Have Cards With High Balance Of Spanish German Russian Contact Us To Buy Fresh Stuff Real Legit Business My Icq My Yahoo Bestdumpseller Please Contact Us Soon For Legit Business I HOPE WE WILL DO WELL BEWARE OF RIPPERS Thanks YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/309a6e00-b938-488d-8d69-078872fe44c0/money-making-business-network-bank-transfer-western-union-transfer-carding-dumps-paypal?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey I was wondering how and what I would need to transfer old video tapes into my computer. The tapes are from this older camera that records MP120 8 tapes, I still have a working camera that can play them through simple audio/video connection on my TV. But the tapes are deteriorating losing sounds/color and some even all the video completely, so I want to back them up on my computer and put them on DVD. I imagine what I need is some adapter and software I just have no idea of what or where I can find it, so any info would be greatly appreciated thank you.

A:What do I need to transfer old video

Does your camera that can play them to a TV also have a Firewire output? If so, you can use Firewire to transfer them to the computer (might have to buy a firewire card (and possibly cable) if your computer doesn't have one) and record to the hard drive with Windows Movie Maker.

If it doesn't have firewire out, you need a video in on your computer "Media Center" computers have those, otherwise you'll need a tuner card that has RCA in. I've never done it through a TV tuner card. I imagine its slightly more difficult because you have to run the audio to your sound card as well, and I don't know if WMM handles video from a tuner card (probably, but like I said I've never tried).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-transfer-old-video.146672/
Relevancy 46.01%

Does anyone know how to transfer the contents of a VHS tape to a Sony Handycam?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-transfer.713243/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi All

Is there any way to transfer vhs videos from the video player to the pc?? And then mebbe put the films on disk for archiving.

Cheers

Gus

Relevancy 46.01%

I have this pen that supposedly video tapes things. I'm supposed to be able to put whatever I make a video of onto my computer. I have a usb connector line that connects to the usb on the computer and the other end to the pen. That's where I am. No instructions on how to get it from the pen into the computer.Isn't something supposed to come up on the screen and tell me how to proceed? RonT22

Relevancy 46.01%

I downloaded a video from limewire and now I can't transfer it to DVD> Can anyone help??

A:Video Transfer

What file type is the video (mpg, avi, etc.)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129830/video-transfer/
Relevancy 46.01%

Help desperately needed I want to transfer some videos onto my computer and hence burn to DVD I have bought Ez Cap from Amazon which included Ulead Video Studio SE I have also bought a Scart to RCA cable after trying various combinations of existing cables I could find Drivers and software have been installed Windows XP If I connect scart adaptor into VCR player and then S-video cable from adaptor to S-video socket on ez cap I get a black and white picture very clear but no colour and no sound If I use a scart to RCA cable I get sound but no picture I don t know much about all the zillions of settings that can be changed in the options on ULead - I guess there are some basic ones if someone could tell me what they are Help on ez Cap and ULead pretty rubbish Have tried Youtube instruction videos - they also Video transfer seem fairly rubbish or do not cover what I need to know Val nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-transfer.885772/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Samsung Convoy phone that has a usb cable. How can I transfer video from the phone to my pc?

A:transfer video from phone to pc

Hi and welcome

What version of Windows are you using?

Connect your phone to computer using the USB cable.

The phone may show up as another drive, or just a folder.

You can then select the video you want from its folder, copy it - and paste it to your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-video-from-phone-to-pc.955449/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a 4.5 GB avi file that I'm trying to cut and paste from my C drive to an external hard drive. Although I have about 12 GB of free space left on my C drive, I get an error saying "cannot copy...not enough free disc space.

How much more space do I need to free up? Otherwise Any other ideas?

Thanks

A:Can't transfer video file

How much space is left on the external drive?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-transfer-video-file.808229/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi
I have MyDVD & Nero 7...on XP ...I am trying to transfer my home video to make DVD but the computer either crashes & reboots or freezes in Transcoding process before it touches the dvd drive...Same from both softwares. Looks like CPU gets to 100% and inable to complete transcoding...
Any resolution idea?

A:Unable to transfer video to dvd

Hello and welcome to TSF

What si the format you are trying to burn to DVD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-transfer-video-to-dvd-195503.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am trying to transfer a VHS to DVD via my Pinnacle software. I got the video to transfer and heard the audio as it was transferring. When I tried to put titles and record on the DVD I am not hearing the audio. I have read the "instructions" however can not get the audio.

When I copied the VHS to the hard drive for transfer I had head phones connected, however I don't think that could cause the audio not to play now.

If anyone has an idea or pointers please let me know what I may have done incorrectly.

Relevancy 45.15%

Does anyone have an idea what is invoved to transfer my short video to the computer . THX Don.

A:transfer video to computer

If you're transfering analogue you'll need a capture card or analogue-to-dv converting video/tv card.

If it's dv you'll need a firewire card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-video-to-computer.201890/
Relevancy 45.15%

My buddy recently built a new house w/ a computer room upstairs. I know there's a way to transfer video/audio from the PC to the main TV downstairs, but I can't seem to find any info about it. The video card has an S-Video output. There's a product in the Best Buy ad this week that says u can wirelessly connect your PC and TV, but it looks like a regular 802.11g router: http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbu...334&pagenumber=24&rapid=351353&prvid=122406ba

But when I look at the product on the site, it doesn't mention anything about it... so will any wireless-g router have this capability? What do I need so the TV can receive the signal.

A:How to wirelessly transfer video from PC to TV?

Yeah that does appear to be a video streaming device. Looks a bit like a slingbox device. Wish they included some part numbers in the ad. Did you get any of that?

I have a wavecompro-3260. It'll take S-video (420p), audio, and will transmit over 2.4Ghz. I took mine apart and use it for blackhat stuff now, but it worked well when I goofed around with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-wirelessly-transfer-video-from-pc-to-tv.529789/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys whats going on? I recently just bought an HP dv5000 laptop and the graphics card is a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, and is not up to par with the small amount of gaming performance i'm looking for. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 graphics card which runs nicely with most games. I was wondering if there's any possible way to transfer these video cards from one laptop to the other by taking it to a computer store or some other source. If not is there any other video card I can purchase that will fit this laptop with the proper professional installation.

Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much.

-Matt

Relevancy 45.15%

We had a video that was burned on to a CD (using Nero). We then tried the CD in Media Player and had great results. So far so good. We then tried to transfer it to Movie Maker and nothing. We haven't been able to save it in Media Player and we end up with gobbly gook trying to put it into a document file. It's driving me crazy. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks Takiya

Relevancy 45.15%

HI

Hope someone can help a thicko here! Using windows ME SE trying to attach a JVC camcorder by usb with the software they gave me, usb drivers and pix Imagemixer software.

Whichever way I try to load this, either with cam disconnected or connected i always get the message within the image mixer software "camcorder not detected. Have tried the usb on a hub or direct to the pc, cam on and off, install and deinstalling the software numerous times but cannot get this to work.

Can any genius help a thicko.....cheers

A:camcorder to pc video transfer

rovers95 said:

HI

Hope someone can help a thicko here! Using windows ME SE trying to attach a JVC camcorder by usb with the software they gave me, usb drivers and pix Imagemixer software.

Whichever way I try to load this, either with cam disconnected or connected i always get the message within the image mixer software "camcorder not detected. Have tried the usb on a hub or direct to the pc, cam on and off, install and deinstalling the software numerous times but cannot get this to work.

Can any genius help a thicko.....cheersClick to expand...

Is it a digital camcorder? Give us the model number.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/camcorder-to-pc-video-transfer.278118/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Everyone!
Can anyone tell me how to transfer video (vhs)to pc and from pc burn DVD.Because i want to keep a old family gathering video.Thank you so much in advance
P.S:OS Wins98 / XP PRO

Relevancy 45.15%

Through a google search I found the below post from but it DVD problem transfer Need to help video with said Need help with video transfer to DVD problem the thread had expired so there was no response Need help with video transfer to DVD problem I am experiencing the same exact problem Any help would be greatly appreciated quot I guess I ve been Need help with video transfer to DVD problem fortunate to not have to post for a while Things have been working very well using the information I ve found on this site until recently Back in November I purchased and installed a Memorex DVD burner which came with an earlier version of Sonic My DVD It worked quite well at that time I took a few months off from burning VCR footage home videos to DVD and now have found the time to start another DVD I get to the point where the footage is playing from the tape on my computer screen so I assume all connections are correct When I attempt to use the program and hit the capture button I get a message saying quot Cannot connect to the selected video device Make sure that the device is connected properly and that no other capture applications are running quot I ve tried running from my video camera and VCR with the same message I have not had any trouble recording TV shows but want to use the My DVD program as it only runs the video thru the MPEG compression once and will transfer directly to DVD without additional processing and loss of quality I have have not knowingly done any major programing changes and would appreciate some assistance in solving the problem quot nbsp

A:Need help with video transfer to DVD problem

You might find more help at www.videohelp.com for this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-video-transfer-to-dvd-problem.823794/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi , Im experiencing problems when transfering video from my Sony Handycam (DV) to my PC , or perhaps its better to say that the problem is with the quality of the video once burned. Whilst if connecting the camera to the TV gives great results on playback , I have found the picture quality is grainy if the video has been captured/encoded/burnt to DVD. I have used Sonys software , Nero and Roxio all with disappointing results. My PC has XP , and Im using the firewire cable that I was forced to buy as Sony didnt provide one.
Any help will be very gratefully received.
Thanks in advance - a very frustrated Rob.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All,

Its my first time in such forum the reason i came because i am so much frustrated, i am exhausted and i cant think of anything and i am really begging receive some helps from you all.

My problem is few month ago i bought dell computer studio, OS window 64bit and also few weeks ago i bought canon xh a1 camera, both has 6pin fire wire installed and now trying to transfer video from camera to computer but i am frustrated and i have no clue, i have already installed driver from driver cure and driver robot but still no clue, i am so desperate can someone please help me as i have tried almost everything. please please.

A:so frustrated can't transfer video from camera

Hello shamim,
Can you give us a bit more information as to the problem.
Are you getting an error message ?.
Does the PC recognise the camera ?.
Does the camera recognise the PC ?.
Also it would help to know which model Dell.
Fill in your specs and give us as much information as you can, thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/252131-so-frustrated-cant-transfer-video-camera.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok, I need really simple instructions for this........please
I have a Sharp Video cam which records onto Hi8 tapes. How can I get them onto my computer by transferring them through my Canon miniDV camera? I know I need some type of cord (to connect the two) and probably windows movie maker.....but I'm so confused after reading windows website I can't understand their diagram showing all the cords, connections, etc. I was hoping to get some clarity here.

Relevancy 44.72%

Have had no problem transferring mini dv video to/from multiple computers using full size firewire port on computer end, and mini firewire connection on camera. But just tried a mini-firewire connection on both computer and camera (got a new laptop with built in mini firewire port), and unable to get it to work Tried same thing on my desk machine which has both full size firewire and mini firewire ports. Ok on big port, no go on mini. Is there a trick?
Many thanks!
Marc

Relevancy 44.72%

Before I had to rebuild my computer I used a little free program called do my video firewire? transfer digital a to I How HD thru quot WinDV quot to transfer DV I d shot one and How do I transfer digital video to my HD thru a firewire? only time previously to my Hard Drive and it worked How do I transfer digital video to my HD thru a firewire? really How do I transfer digital video to my HD thru a firewire? well But now after rebuilding the OS and Everything on my Hard Drive my computer says it doesn t even quot see quot a DV minicam video source connected when I run WinDV even though my JVC MiniDV camcorder IS connected to AC power AND my firewire cable to my computer HOW do I get WinDV to recognize my camcorder is connected thru my firewire connected cable Are the drivers or something I need for my Firewire cable to quot work quot I don t remember or find any CD disk for it What now please kind knowledgable DV users Why can t I transfer my new shot digital video into the HD file I ve told it to quot capture quot or go into nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I have saved a few programs on my dvr that I would like to be able to keep permanently. I do have a video tape player that I can attach to my tv. I have e-mailed RCN, but they have not replied except to say that they would. That was over a week ago.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rcn-dvr-program-to-video-tape-transfer-how.807552/
Relevancy 44.72%

HIIm looking for some recommnedations of tranfering VHS/LPs/Cassette/ or any other form of media to DVD. I currently am using Roxio VHS to DVD software with the supplied USB Capture hardware but was hoping to find something a little more productive or commercial. I have it working but I would prefer something a little more robust in that Id like to be able to do this on a business basis.Has anyone had any experience in producing DVD or CD from other types of media using USB capture and software - or is there a better means of doing this.Thank you in advance,Todd from Cornerstone LLC

A:video / audio transfer to DVD question

I use Roxio somtimes and find it fine. What your actual problem with Roxio?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214810/video-audio-transfer-to-dvd-question/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi
i do video transfers and while running pinnacle studio and tansfreing from a vhs tape
i getting a bsod sometimes
here is the report
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: fe
BCP1: 0000000000000004
BCP2: FFFFFA80052E24D0
BCP3: FFFFFA8004B0C010
BCP4: FFFFFA800215D000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\050615-23665-01.dmp
C:\Users\dazzle\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45240-0.sysdata

TIA

A:bsod while running video transfer

The USB video capture device is causing the BSODs.

Try to update the driver to it.

Cannot be more specific to the driver update due to lack of data in your upload.

EDIT: You may search here for the driver update: Download | eMPIA Technology Inc.

Code:
BugCheck FE, {4, fffffa80052e24d0, fffffa8004b0c010, fffffa800215d000}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for emFilter64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for emFilter64.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for emDevice64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for emDevice64.sys

Probably caused by : emFilter64.sys ( emFilter64+512 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> lmvm emFilter64
start end module name
fffff880`0459e000 fffff880`0459fd80 emFilter64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: emFilter64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\emFilter64.sys
Image name: emFilter64.sys
Timestamp: Tue Apr 16 09:32:00 2013 (516CCD38)
CheckSum: 0000A261
ImageSize: 00001D80
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
1: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.5, DMIVersion 37, Size=2339]
BiosMajorRelease = 1
BiosMinorRelease = 160
BiosVendor = Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BiosVersion = R02-A3S1
BiosReleaseDate = 12/04/2007
SystemManufacturer = Acer
SystemProductName = Aspire M5100
SystemFamily =
SystemVersion = R02-A3S1
SystemSKU =
BaseBoardManufacturer = Acer
BaseBoardProduct = F690GVM
BaseBoardVersion =

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369124-bsod-while-running-video-transfer.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Does any know if its possible to transfer video files from an external drive using a usb port to a DVD recorder for editing. I use to use dvd-rw disk but can no longer get them to work. Anyway, is it possible and what DVD recorders would do this???

A:transfer of video data to DVD recorder

I assume you mean and external hard drive?
You need to copy the video file to your pc hard drive then use some third party software to edit the file and burn to dvd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-of-video-data-to-dvd-recorder.705386/
Relevancy 44.72%

I was trying to transfer a video of 'how to train your dragon'. The size of the file is 4,37GB and the size of the memory stick was 8GB. So why can't a transfer the file. when I try to transfer the file it says: 'Cannot copy howtotrainyourdragon: There is not enough free disk space.'

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a 32GB USB flash drive which i`m trying to transfer a video file onto from my desktop pc. Every time i try it i get a message stating that the file is no longer located in C/users/name/desktop. When i click on the file on the desktop it plays with no problem, so i know the video file is okay. I have formatted the drive (FAT32) and tried again but still the same problem.
Any help much appreciated.

Relevancy 44.72%

I am running Vista Ultimate, and I am trying to transfer several large video files to an external hard drive. I get a message saying "the file xxx.avi is too large for the destination file system. The hard drive holds a terabyte, and is not quite half full yet. What to do?

A:Video file too large to transfer

Most external hdds are formatted with FAT 32 which has a maximum file size of 4GB (minus one bit). Your average movie is in excess of 4GB.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178455/video-file-too-large-to-transfer/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi. I need to get some idea from you guys as to how i get started,and what equipment i need, to hook up a 7/8 year old JVC camera (video) non-digital.. to my computer to transfer old home movies to my computer to burn on to my new dvd burner. i have a
pent. III 1000mgz win xp and 512 meg ram 40 gig hd......is my system fast enough to do this, I just put in a dvd burner and a USB 2.0 what equipment do i need to get started and can you send me to any web sites for tips and tricks !!! thanks all

A:need basics to get started in video transfer

Have you done a search in this forum? This question has been asked a million times....

Easiest and cheapest way is via TV card, hook VCR to it, and play VCR tapes through TV and hit Record. Since you have a JVC, I assume it is a VHS-C (which is what I had back then, too), so you just use the adapter and pop it into the VCR. Just make sure you set it up just as you would a regular TV: set TV to channel 3 or 4, toggle the VCR/TV setting on the VCR to VCR, and play.

You can also use the VCRTV card scenario to capture through Movie Maker 2, just adjust the Capture Device setting.

From there, all you need is editing software. Movie Maker 2 is good for beginning, but it won't be long before you want to move ahead....Ulead is good. I use Media Studio Pro 7 - I think it's great.

Hope this helps,

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-basics-to-get-started-in-video-transfer.206061/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am considering buying a panasonic gs31 camcorder and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of software and hardware it takes to transfer video from the camcorder to the pc. Is a firewire interface a requirement or can it be done straight through USB? I'd really appreciate any advice.

Relevancy 44.72%

We use a Kodak EasyShare M380 camera and Kodak is useless for any further support. Although it is dated by modern standards, it takes decent photos and videos and we are used to using it. We no longer have the Easy Share software and do not seem to need it.
Use it with a Dell XPS laptop and Windows 7.
The problem is that we cannot upload longer videos from the camera to the laptop. Shorter videos work OK. With the longer ones, the quality erodes and the audio and video go bad toward the end of the video, though it starts out all right. The video plays well to completion on the camera itself, but that is a very small screen with poor audio. No matter how we try to upload the video onto the laptop, we cannot seem to import a complete video if it is over a couple minutes long.

A:transfer video from camera to computer

Have you tried using another Computer ????
If you can get the file to the computer, It should be a complete video as the camera took the video and is in the Camera's Memory.
Sounds like the problem might be in the Laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-video-from-camera-to-computer.1119845/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi.

I have some films captured on Sony mini DV camcorder. I want to find out the best way to transfer those onto DVD format with best quality possible.

I have a sony dual layer DVD burner and currently using Pinnacle Studio 10. Unfortunately I see some lines and pauses when I make the video with that software (could be memory problem).

Can you please suggest the best capturing software and the best format and the best way to make those videos? And also is it better to capture them as AVI and then convert to any mpeg format (which I don't know which mpeg is the best!!) or is it better to capture in mpeg in straight shot.

thnx

Omid

Relevancy 44.72%

I just got a digital video camera with hopes of being able to easily transfer the video recordings to my PC. well, now I'm up against not having a firewire port, and having a DV plug in spot on camera, and am just getting confused as to what I can do to about it all....help?

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello My mom bought me a Digital Video Camera for Christmas and I Transfer Digital from Can't Camera to Computer Video have just gotten around to buying a FireWire for it so I could transfer my footage to the computer sad thing is it won t transfer at Can't Transfer from Digital Video Camera to Computer all the computer detects that the camcorder is hooked up I installed all software before plugging Can't Transfer from Digital Video Camera to Computer the FireWire in I ve tried both ports for it and reinstalling the software several times As far as I can tell I m doing everything the way I m supposed to The Dig Vid Camera is plugged in so I m not using the battery pack while I Can't Transfer from Digital Video Camera to Computer m doing this although it IS still on the camcorder i m using the DC plug in to run it like the manual says Then I move it to Playback mode Wait a few seconds Plug in the FireWire that is already connected to the computer A screen will pop up asking me what program I would like to use I pick one And it acts like it is going to let me but the preview screen stays black and when I try to quot finish quot it gives me an error message depending on what program I use it is a different one one program says I don t have a long enough clip time wise another says to make sure everything is configured properly I ve tried using the program that came with my camcorder ImageMixer v As well as Ulead Video Studio and and Windows Movie Maker The digital video camera is a JVC GR-D u The FireWire cable I have is a RCA brand Thanks for any help I tried calling JVC a few days ago and was put on hold for an hour so I gave up I sent an e mail through their site and was told it could take around or so days for them to get back with me If all else fails I ll try calling them again tomorrow nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-transfer-from-digital-video-camera-to-computer.319979/
Relevancy 44.29%

I also had issues trying to use Anapod Explorer I purchased Anapod Manager somewhat Issues Chair Red Transfer Video Anapod recently I have used other utilities in the past to transfer video to my IPOD GB Red Chair Anapod Video Transfer Issues video When I used Anapod to transfer converted video files dragging to the Anapod Explorer video folder not the audio folder the tracks transferred to the iPod audio menu anyway Red Chair Anapod Video Transfer Issues and I could only listen to them on the iPod Also some of my audio tracks that I m pretty sure I transferred with the Anapod explorer to the audio folder are now identified in my iPod in the video menu I can listen to the tracks still though Looking at the audio files through iTunes that Red Chair Anapod Video Transfer Issues went to the iPod video menu they have some sort of strange TV caption icon in iTunes They also seem identified as TV shows now I still dig the back and forth capability of Anapod Perhaps it has a bug though in the way it identifies files as audio or video I converted my files appropriately I believe since I can transfer the same video files using WinAmp and they are viewable now in my iPod video menu along with the mp s discussed above I don t believe the file format was an issue and that I have at least half a clue since I can tranfer video OK using other utilities I wish I could somehow re-identify my mp files that somehow ended up ID d as TV shows though I may be mistaken that Anapod was the cause of some of my mp s showing up now under the iPod video menu though since I was not paying attention to how that happened Aurelio nbsp

A:Red Chair Anapod Video Transfer Issues

Hiya and welcome

I've split you off into your own thread as that other post was from last year

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/red-chair-anapod-video-transfer-issues.605008/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have connected my Sony hi8 digital handycam via firewire to my computer and used windows XP moviemaker software with the default settings to transfer the recording. When I viewed the results on my computer the video and audio are to fast. The picture seems to skip and the audio makes me sound like Alvin the chipmunk. I have tired manual setting without success. What should I do to correct this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-8-transfer-to-computer-results-in-bad-video-and-audio.787253/
Relevancy 44.29%

How do I transfer files from my old video-card destroyed Sony to my new laptop using W7 also? I have the belkin easy transfer usb cable but that won't work since I need to activate it on the old pc. What other options do I have?

A:Transfer Files from no-video (broken) W7 PC to another usable W7 pc?

Best suggestion would be to take the hard drive out of the broken PC, install it in a USB connected hard drive enclosure and then connect it to the new PC and copy whatever files you want. It may cost you for the enclosure but with the "dead" PC it's what you will have to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/139004-transfer-files-no-video-broken-w7-pc-another-usable-w7-pc.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hope i'm in the right place. My o/s is Windows XP Home Edition. My question is... I'm trying to transfer old cartoons from VHS to DVD format with my computer but the video quality on the tapes needs some sharpening and cleaning. The audio is good. Can I improve the video quality before I burn the content to disc. If anyone knows of any software that would help I would much appreciate it.

Thanks.

A:Solved: Media transfer, video issues.

i use this - it converts the files to proper format needed for dvds and can clean them up too.
http://www.tmpg-inc.com/product/tsve.html

note: it only converts them to NTSC mpeg-2 form - it does not create the vob files;
you need this for that

http://www.tmpg-inc.com/product/tdap.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-media-transfer-video-issues.411603/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a 4.5 GB avi file that I'm trying to cut and paste from my C drive to an external hard drive. Although I have about 12 GB of free space left on my C drive, I get an error saying "cannot copy...not enough free disc space.

How much more space do I need to free up? Otherwise Any other ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

i was hoping to get sum insight on the best free ipod video convertor, please help me out

A:the best ipod video convertor (transfer from hardware)

This is more of a software question. So, I am going to transfer you to the XP forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/the-best-ipod-video-convertor-transfer-from-hardware-183597.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all I read an article that discusses how to transfer video from your Sony Handycam to your computer and it computer off video your How sony a via to handycam transfer says that you have to have access to the camcorter's touch screen in order to select the video that you want to transfer but then you transfer it from your computer I have a Sony Camcorter that I believe is a Handycam and for ages and ages we couldn't figure out how to get the How to transfer video off a sony handycam via your computer videos off it so is there a way How to transfer video off a sony handycam via your computer that you can transfer the video without having How to transfer video off a sony handycam via your computer to use both the touch screen and the software on the computer That just seems odd it should be available all through the software and not to mention this makes it very difficult for a blind videographer or beginning videographer like me I'm blind but that doesn't mean I can't film So if anyone knows of an alternative method of transferring these videos I'd appreciate it I can't just throw away a perfectly working camcorter I mean I could sell it though I'd rather get some good use out of it I wan't thinking when I bought it and I ignorantly assumed that all Sony camcorters show up like USB drives though seemingly only the flipcams do that I was unaware of this when I bought it Thanks for any help with this I appreciate it

A:How to transfer video off a sony handycam via your computer

GD Bruins. Had to get that out.

What model Sony cam do you have ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494358/how-to-transfer-video-off-a-sony-handycam-via-your-computer/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I just need help transferring some Gigs to my integrated video card right now its running on 8. I dont know what Im talking about but a co-worker has told me this and he doesnt remember how to do it. If anyone can help me that would be terrific, I would love to buy an updated video card but sadly i cant so maybe this will help im hoping???

A:Need to transfer gigs to integrated video card

Confused.

I'm not exactly sure what your saying. My guess is that you want to get more system ram to increase the amount of ram available to your integrated video? Anyway unless you have a Dell that's about 2yrs. old, and a few other brands, you should be able to upgrade your video. You probably don't have an agp slot to add video cards to, but you can use a pci card and still get decent performance. Here's two of the best pci video cards.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-139-166&depa=1
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-140-041&depa=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-transfer-gigs-to-integrated-video-card.21132/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have Sony HC30 and I want to transfer the video from the tape in the computer through USB cable for editing without any loss in quality and with biggest size possible.

Please tell me how to do it and through which software because the software comes with handycam (Picture Package) transfer the video with the effects and music and also reduce the quality.

I tried Adobe Premiere Pro but that not supports transfer of video through USB cable. Please tell me how to transfer and through which software so that I dont have to use any compressor, so that quality will be best.

***I read that transfer of video through USB or i-link not affect the video quality, only difference is transfer speed.

A:Transfer video from MiniDv Tape to computer

Your last statement is only somewhat true. Depends on what you call quality. USB not being a streaming protocol, has an opportunity to lose Frames ie parts of your video. Firewire (I-Link) having a streaming protocol, almost never loses a frame of data. Most of the video production software (Which also allow you to aquire the video from the camcorder) only support firewire. I don't know of anyone that supports video xfer on USB.

Storage_man

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-video-from-minidv-tape-to-computer.335650/
Relevancy 43.86%

Can anyone recommend a good video card with RCA jacks to transfer VHS to a hard drive?

Thank you.

A:Video Card With RCA Jacks To Transfer VHS To Hard Drive

joust use dvdxpress usb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-with-rca-jacks-to-transfer-vhs-to-hard-drive.323241/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am new at this, so keep it simple please! followed all instruct for loading driver/software provided with sony handycam dcr-trv140 (purchased 2000); I am using windows 7, and realizing software outdated, I ran updates with out results; have consulted forums, but nothing showing more resent then 2010; this problem has been around for many years, so there must be some answers as to how to transfer sony digital to pc; please help!!

Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Sony digital DV handycam DCR-HC20 that I want to transfer video to my Windows 7 computer. I understand USB not compatable for doing so (pretty dumb if you ask me since XP was great) and Sony said to get i.LINK cable and go that route. I don't mind doing that but is that really the only route? I even thought about going AV out of my handycam.

pete

A:Solved: Video transfer from Sony Handycam Using Windows 7

If it's tape then firewire is the only way to transfer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-transfer-from-sony-handycam-using-windows-7.947688/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have the above mentioned computer.  I have a cable connecting my notebook to the ONLY VGA port in the back of the computer.  There is no button above the power button on the side of the computer to toggle through the video display options.  How do I get the video to transfer from my notebook to the Inspiron 2320?  Thank you.

A:Inspiron One 2320: cannot connect a notebook and transfer video

There were two chassis sold with this model. One chassis only had #19 VGA out port. The other chassis included #12 VGA in port and #11 HDMI in port and #25 Video-input source selector button. So if you do not see these on your chassis, you cannot connect the laptop to this system.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19678415
Relevancy 43.86%

Anyone else have a problem with copying video files from USB drive to hard drive? Its been happening to me for at least a year and no amount of google fu can find an answer.

It doesnt matter if i'm copying mkv,wmv,avi,mp4 etc etc the usb function just slows to nothing then will load a big chunk then nothing again for a minute or so then again a big chunk.

e.g - just put the pen drive into usb slot, dragged and dropped a 400mb avi started off fine for the 1st 3 seconds or so then nothing for around 2 minutes even my internet wouldnt load then all of a sudden half of its copied then froze again.

I'm not sure if its windows trying to index the video 1st via media player or something. Anyone else the wiser?

A:USB transfer grinds to a halt when copying video files

No probs here transferring any data from pen drives or external hard disks.

USB 2/3 conflict?

Have you tried transferring via USB port from an external hard drive?

That's all I can think of offhand.

EDIT: Any video playback or editing software running in the background? Check task manager. And if so disable them on startup (msconfig).

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/usb-transfer-grinds-to-a-halt-when-copying-video-files.4061277/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All I'm new to this forum but I was hoping someone can help me with this problem that has recently popped up I'm a fairly advanced computer user so this problem has really driven me nuts A couple days ago my computer out of no where started playing video slowly The sound would lag and the video would freeze up In addition to this Choppy & Audio/Video Playback Speeds Transfer transfer speeds for video that normally would go at mb s fell to kb s In addition my BIOS bootup was very slow and the loadup to the Windows screen went from - min to about min or longer Ever since then I have tried every solution I can think of Choppy Audio/Video Playback & Transfer Speeds I've defragged all my drives multiple times reloaded BIOS defaults scanned my computer with AVG and Norton both in Safe Mode and regular mode ran Memtests with no errors tried different media players VLC vs WMP and updated rolled back my graphics drivers and updated codecs The closest solution that worked for me for a while was when I unplugged my DVD drive and then plugged Choppy Audio/Video Playback & Transfer Speeds it back in Video playback went back to normal for a day before it got laggy again However it seems my boot up lag time has went down to regular speeds I've searched the web multiple times and found this solution that was very similar to mine But I've been having trouble implementing it http blogcritics org scitech artic back Choppy Audio/Video Playback & Transfer Speeds comments If any one as any suggestions I'd really appreciate it Here are my relevant computer stats Windows Vista Bit SP Thermaltake Liquid Cooling Intel Kentsfield Q Ghz EVGA GTX SSC EVGA nForce i Ultra SLI gb Corsair Dominators mhz DDR Seagate TB Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Creative X-Fi Fata ty Koutech IO-RCM USB quot Card Reader Thermaltake PSU W ATX V LG Black LG Blu-ray HD DVD-ROM FYI all the HDDS are fairly new either - years old at most

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/choppy-audio-video-playback-and-transfer-speeds-423802.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I don't know if this is the right forum but I thought I'd start here.

I have a Motorola Entice W766.

I currently have pictures and video I took with the phone located in the phone's internal memory.

When I click on the mobile phone icon in vista, the device is listed as "V CAST Moblile Phone-Internal Memory". I can see the music files I uploaded from my computer to my phone via usb cable using vcast/rhapsody. But there are no picture or video files listed even though I know they are there because I can view them on my phone.

I did set all files and folders to not hidden using vista.

So, how in the heck do I find the files? And then, how do I transfer them to my pc?

Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 43.43%

dear guys,

i recently purchased an i pod classic and when i attempted to transfer the videos into my ipod, this error message appeared in the itunes.

ModName: quicktime.qts modver: 7.4.0.91

offset: 00a358f6

does anyone knw how to solve this problem? pls reply thanks

A:i tunes error ipod classic not able to transfer video files. HELP!!

Duplicate thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-tunes-error-ipod-classic-not-able-to-transfer-video-files-help.678965/
Relevancy 43%

Is it neccesary to get a Fire Wire port to transfer video from your camcorder to the computer? I was told that you can transfer thru a USB port... but i hvae no clue as to how to do that. I have a Sony DCR-TRV330E.
Is it possible? and if it is, ow do u transfer and what do i need?

A:Transfer video from Sony camcorder trv330e to computer without firewire port...?

Fire wire is the best way. I don't know of any camears that transfer through a USb port unless you have an adapter. USB is going to be super slow becasue videos are huge amounts of info, 15 minutes is about 700 mb. The best way to transfer video to a pc is to first adda firewire port but if you don't want to do that there is a device called the Dazzle. It is supper easy to use and the quality of the transfer is flawless . I think the device goes for about $100. I have used it to transfer movies to cd for training sessions and to demonstrate how products work. The salesman that use the videos to sell the products say the quality of the videos on there laptops are perfect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-video-from-sony-camcorder-trv330e-to-computer-without-firewire-port.118865/
Relevancy 43%

I'm having trouble watching video from one of my hard drives (XP). At first I thought it was a codec problem so I uninstalled and reinstalled the codecs but that never worked.
Then I tried watching video on the other hard drive and no problem there.

I confirmed that its a hard drive problem when I tried to copy one of the files from the problematic hard drive, it showed 30mins left where it normally takes 1-2mins.

I checked to see if the channel was in PIO mode but all are in DMA.

Any way around this ?

Relevancy 43%

The laptop I'm using does not have the FireWire aka IEEE 1394 port. So I bought an external hard drive that has the correct port. The operating system for my laptop PC is windows XP. Can I transfer the MiniDV footage from the camcorder directly to the external hard drive? If not, what other options are there?

A:Can you transfer miniDV video directly to external hard drive via FireWire?

I doubt it because I belive the DV has to be "captured" and then put into a file. Here is more what I think your looking for -

http://www.pixela-1.com/captycable/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-transfer-minidv-video-directly-to-external-hard-drive-via-firewire.787982/
Relevancy 41.71%

Can someone pls tell me how to transfer a file to an external drive when I'm logged in as a limited user, without getting an "access denied" msg. I know I can log on to admin acct to transfer a file but it's more convenient to do so from the limited account as that's where I usually am. Also, if I'm continually going back and forth between accounts to accomplish transfer, do you have to log off admin account when switching users to avoid security issues?

I know I've said it before but this multi- user account thing, admin & limited is a pain!! Thanks for any input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-transfer-problems-xp.912353/
Relevancy 41.71%

New to these forums so excuse my ignorance Have recently acquired a Windows Vista Business bit system for editing video using Adobe CS Am having problems copying some Problems Transfer File of my Assets files containing pre-edited titles video clips music etc across from one of my removable drives onto one of the system drives ready to start work On my XP systems this would take about - mins to do a straight copy Some of the files have copied OK but every so often the system just seems to stop and sit File Transfer Problems there not doing anything with the time indicator not progressing Eventually when I get fed up waiting and try to cancel or shut down by going to task manager everything just locks up I can eventually get to a point where the 'Logging off' message comes up but it then just sits there doing nothing again for ever I eventually just have to switch the power off and wait a while before re-starting I am getting extremely annoyed The really frustrating part is that unlike XP the system does not indicate which file it has stuck at when the problem occurs so you cannot work out which files File Transfer Problems to bypass and copy the other files The added complication is that I cannot run the latest Vista update because it is not yet File Transfer Problems compatible with my Matrox RTX edit system drivers and the system is not connected to the web as this is not advised for edit systems I am hoping that someone has found a solution to this problem as I am sure I am not alone Dave

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234587-file-transfer-problems.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Apologies of this has been sent had a look and couldn t see it on the grouplist I have gigs of files - an aviation game program Lock On with lots downloaded games for it many gigs of avi mpeg video files to transfer to another drive All these files had worked without a hitch problems File Transfer on the existing drive Both the originating and recipient drives have nothing else File Transfer problems on them and I have done a surface scan on the drives and all is ok on both Both are SATA II - one is a WD the other a dreaded Maxtor probably the last one i ever bought It seems that whichever program I use to transfer the flow breaks down resulting in some files locking the File Transfer problems transfer flow stops transferring resulting in me needing to deleting that file or the system just stops in its tracks I m on Win Pro I ve used Acronis True Image Home Win s own transfer facility TeraCopy and more All are failing me Do you know a way of smoothly transferring Any advice is appreciated

A:File Transfer problems

The target drive isn't formatted FAT32 by any chance is it? Copy will fail if it encounters a file 4GB or larger.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348197/file-transfer-problems/
Relevancy 41.71%

What s All The Hype Regarding The Itunes Site All I ve Received So Far Is Continuous Frustration I ve Purchased Music From This Site But Was Unable To Transfer The Music To Transfer Itunes Problems My Ipod Mini Do Itunes Have To Be My Default Music Site To Accomplish This Process Hope Not I Prefer To Stay With Limewire Because More Of The Selections I Need Are Available There As Oppose To Itunes Currently Using The Limewire To Real Player To Ipod Arrangement Itunes Doesn t Offer Any Alternative Itunes Transfer Problems Transfer Methods To The Untrue Fact That My Music Will Be Transferred Automatically I Did Receive A Glimmer Of Hope When Their Support Site Itunes Transfer Problems Suggested That I Synchronize My Playlist By Choosing Specific Catagories From The Side Itunes Transfer Problems Bar Darn Can t Locate The Side Bar They Referred To Which Contains The Entries They Said I d Find Cripes Only Out Of Desired Songs Were Unavailable On My Default Music Site And Now I Can t Transfer Them From Itunes Can Someone Explain How To Transfer Music From Phonograph To Pc To Ipod I Do Have The Three Songs On Vinyl And Resorting To The Latter Method Of Transfer Can t Be Any More Difficult Than What I ve Gone Through Thus Far nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-transfer-problems.378639/
Relevancy 41.71%

I was talking with a guy on the internet who had a unique problem that i cant figure out hopefully you guys can find answers for him this is what he said i was actually problems... transfer Motherboard just moving everything to a new case and i forgot to put the grounding thumb screws in first and just screwed the mobo directly to the case and it wouldn t come on the fan would try to go Motherboard transfer problems... for half a second and wouldn t go so i started to unscrew it and did one and tried Motherboard transfer problems... and it came on but a little mini fire started in the upper corner it was basically just a spark so now i have the grounding screws in and the fan will go and the hard drive turns on but i can t get anything to come up on the screen no BIOS So he is asking did he kill the mobo o yea his case is aluminum if that helps thanx X Gamer nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I want to transfer data from a XPSP2 machine to one running vista.
I bought the Easytransfer cable and software.
Followed the instructions and ran it.
Received the following on the XP machine,
"There was an error scanning the data on your system. Windows Easy Transfer will now be cancelled"
Any Ideas?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/easy-transfer-problems.675023/
Relevancy 41.71%

Can someone help me with this?

Since I have moved out of my parents home / office, I have bought a new work PC. However I want to transfer the Autocomplete (IntelliForms)settings, passwords and stuff from Internet Explorer 8 (old PC) to my new work PC.

I have already tried the following described here: Migrate IE passwords from XP computer to Vista computer

But it doesn't work. For instance when I click on the login entry field of www.torncity.com it stays clear and doesn't show my username (like on my old PC).

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here? I already checked the registry and the entries are there, but for some weird reason it refuses to use them.

I already searched Google, but couldn't find anything useful on this.

So any help would be appreciated!

Relevancy 41.71%

i just bought a dell dimension 3100 and need to transfer the data from my old computer to this one. i didn't see any cable where i could hook up a slave hdd from the master drive, so i have to use the cable from the cd-rom drive.

i've tried using the black connector and the grey connector on that cable, but when i boot up the computer says "drive not found." is this just a jumper issue from the old hdd that i'm overlooking? i really need to transfer the data pretty soon.

thanks in advance!

Relevancy 41.71%

Running a HP DV6500 series laptop with Vista Home Premium SP1. Was able to transfer files at around 25mb/s I had just transferred a few files before updating to SP2 and all was working normally.
As soon as the update had finished I tried transferring from the same USB HD and would take 5 mins to just begin calculating and speeds are almost nil.
I have searched for fixes and work-a-rounds with no success. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-hd-transfer-problems-after-sp2-update-451485.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have PC s hooked up to my router transfer problems Network Linksys WRT GS which is connected to a modem the Network transfer problems main issue that i am having is whenever i try to access PC - B from PC- A to transfer files accross PC - B freezes on the transfer and kicks itself from the network or just the net and cannot access the other computer the only way i can get it back onto the net and accessing the other computer is by restarting it the only settings i have changed on the router for it to access the MAC addresses for my wireless laptop both computers are hooked up to the router through ethernet cables both have the same version of windows xp both have specific IP DNS both firewalls have been turned off both have the same workgroup anyone had the same problem and or know what is wrong cause its about mins from being thrown out the upstairs window nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi about days ago I turned on my pc and many weird things started happening first it took a lot of time for the explorer exe to load so the desktop or taskbar didn t appear until after maybe - minutes Then the taskbar looked really weird it seemed like it had been cut horizontally so you couldn t get to see the whole lower part of the taskbar and it wasn t the screen size config since I tried changing that and it didn t work I thought it might be some kind of virus so I opened Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I got the following message Run-time error Failed to load control vbalGrid from vbalsgrid ocx Your version of vbalsgrid ocx may be outdated Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application Then also I noticed I can t paste anything anywhere or drag things so I can t copy paste things or cut-paste things then since yesterday I problems...etc. windows explorer problems, audio/video vbalsgrid6.ocx problems, no longer have a taskbar and I also can t use the search windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. function not even when I go into My PC and click on the search icon a frame appears on the left just as it should but it just stays blue Also when I go into taskmanager and go to processes the Username under all processes is blank except for one Inactive process under SYSTEM when normally many of them were under Administrator and others And finally I can t open windows media player and when windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. I open iTunes i get the following message iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration Audio Video playback may not operate properly and it also doesn t detect mi iPod when I connect it to the computer I don t know if it may help or not but here s a hijackthislog Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware TPSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Archivos de programa Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PavFnSvr exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PsImSvc exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Archivos de programa CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Archivos de programa lg fwupdate fwupdate exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCD exe C Archivos de programa Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware APVXDWIN EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C Archivos de programa Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware WebProxy exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local ... Read more

A:windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc.

no one? please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-problems-audio-video-problems-vbalsgrid6-ocx-problems-etc.792129/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi about days ago I turned on my pc and many weird things started happening first it took a lot of time for the explorer exe to load so the desktop or taskbar didn t appear until problems...etc. vbalsgrid6.ocx explorer windows problems, problems, audio/video after maybe - minutes Then the taskbar looked really weird it seemed like it had been cut horizontally so you couldn t get to see the whole lower part of the taskbar and it wasn t the screen size config since I tried changing that and it didn windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. t work I windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. thought it might be some kind of virus so I opened Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I got the following message Run-time error Failed to load control vbalGrid from vbalsgrid ocx Your version of vbalsgrid ocx may be outdated Make sure you are using the version of the control that windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. was provided with your application Then also I noticed I can t paste anything anywhere or drag things so I can t copy paste things or cut-paste things then since yesterday I no longer have a taskbar and I also can t use the search function not even when I go into My PC and click on the search icon a frame appears on the left just as it should but it just stays blue Also when I go into taskmanager and go to processes the Username under all processes is blank except for one Inactive process under SYSTEM when normally many of them were under Administrator and others And finally I can t open windows media player and when I open iTunes i get the following message iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration Audio Video playback may not operate properly and it also doesn t detect mi iPod when I connect it to the computer here s the hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware TPSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Archivos de programa Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PavFnSvr exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PsImSvc exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Archivos de programa CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Archivos de programa lg fwupdate fwupdate exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCD exe C Archivos de programa Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware APVXDWIN EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C Archivos de programa Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware WebProxy exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Appl... Read more

A:windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc.

someone help.. please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-problems-audio-video-problems-vbalsgrid6-ocx-problems-etc.792278/
Relevancy 41.28%

I just bought a media transfer device that s supposed to work without a PC but I m having some problems with it and I don t know if it s something I m doing wrong or something wrong with the device It s a generic device called an quot OTG On-the Go Storage Bridge quot I happened to find a similar one online here http www eyo com au prod J-OTG-CR dge CR Transfer Data Between USB Device html It just has two USB ports-- in out and a transfer button On the package it says quot Copy and transfer data between with USB transfer media device Problems USB devices without a computer quot I Problems with USB media transfer device am trying to transfer photos from my camera to my memory key but when I checked the contents of the key it had the correct number Problems with USB media transfer device of files named with jpg extentions plus one with an avi extention test video but all the files were zero-length and un-openable The camera transfers fine to the PC and I haven t had any problems with the key either Anyone know what s going on Steven nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello everbody I 7 File Windows problems transfer in recently installed windows and now Im experiencing this problem When I try to download a file from my PC W to my notebook MacOSX exploring from the notebook the network connection stops working I loose any contact with the outer world but the connection is File transfer problems in Windows 7 still active The transfer stops no internet navigation no ping no access to the router nothing I shows a little exclamation point in the network icon telling me the internet is no longer availible The diagnostic option don t find anything wrong To bring internet back I have to deactivate the adapter and then activate it again The same thing doesn t happend when I send a file from the PC to the notebook the transfers goes ok Im using W RC my network device is a Atheros L Gigabit Ethernet onboard The PS is wired on a DI- wireless router and the Mac access it by the wireless network Is there any way to correct this os is still an unsolved bug

A:File transfer problems in Windows 7

Hi,
We may need to check issues on the MAC computer. Since the system of the laptop is not Windows 7, please post in a proper forum.
Apple support
Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.Arthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7e82e17d-0f85-4165-8d09-4d3d399305f3/file-transfer-problems-in-windows-7?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I recently backed up my PC running vista to an external hard drive and then installed a clean copy of Windows 7.  I used Windows Easy Transfer to transfer from the external drive to the PC but am having problems accessing the files.  I'm not sure, be appreciated.now, whether I have done something stupid during the transfer or whether the programme is malfunctioning for some reason.  

I have an icon on my new Windows 7 desktop which says 'Windows Easy Transfer - Items from Old Computer'.  It shows a size of 1.8GB although the used space on my drive is something like 240GB.   When I double click the icon I get a window which says "choose what to transfer to this computer".  I have been ignoring this because I'm thinking the transfer has already taken place but am I incorrect?  Should I click 'transfer' at this point?

I would appreciate any help or guidance.

A:Problems with Windows Easy Transfer

Hello and   ,

Bleeping Computer has a tutorial about Windows Easy Transfer what you can find here. Does it help you to resolve the problem you have?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606201/problems-with-windows-easy-transfer/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi out there, Have been trying to help a friend wth WXP to transfer his hotmail address book to outlookExpress. I have used the help systems of both mail systems and have ended up with the hotmail folders in OE along with my OE folders. ( I am trying this on my system which is W98 as my friend lives in another area.) However I still haven't managed to retrieve the address book which was all I really wanted to start with. I think I have gone around the sun to meet the moon. Can anybody help.

Relevancy 41.28%

I am having problems with the desktop. The taskbar seems to be permanently minimised, but it is not locked. I can alt-tab but that's annoying. Also, I cannot transfer or delete files on the desktop.
I have tried rebooting in safe mode but I still could not restore the taskbar or transfer desktop files. Any ideas?

I am Running WinXP service pack 1- (didn't want to update until this was sorted out) Uploaded my hijackthis log.

A:taskbar/file transfer problems

Why didnt you install with SP2 incorporated into the install?

Anywho, Look over the First Steps at Removing Malware , get clean then install your updates and then tell us if you need assistance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-file-transfer-problems-201922.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello All I am experiencing problems uploading files from multiple windows machines to multiple windows server boxes on my network One machine running W Ult is experiencing the problem constantly with all servers running windows server including web std ent Two other machines one W Ult and one W Pro are experiencing the problem sporadically with the same servers This problem does not occur with any windows server or windows server R box on our network This problem seemed to have begun within the past month or two We have at least three other W Ult and three W Problems Windows Transfer File 7 Pro machines on our network that have not experienced the problem yet All of our machines have the same applications the only difference between them is the windows updates The machines that have continued to work have not been updated since before the middle of march I have gone through and tested all cabeling have updated and restarted all servers including both domain controllers and DHCP server rebooted switches and access points and have repaired and rebuilt all network pairings client side and switch side The problem still resides What is happening is that when i transfer a file that is larger than say - MB up to a share on a window server box it will bring up the file transfer window and say calculating for time remaining items remaining and speed Nothing ever happens after this point but it does not lock up the machine or explorer I have left transfers going for weeks with no result When you browse to the location on another machine it appears the file has been uploaded although nothing is apparent on the Windows 7 File Transfer Problems troubled computer However all files that are transferred are corrupted If you select cancel on the original troubled computer it tries to cancel but does nothing The computer does not lock up and you can still transfer files on the computer as long as they are not above - MB but it does rendered the file which was used for the attempted transfer useless as its tied up being used The only way to remove the file transfer window is to reboot the computer however of the time the computer will not shutdown as it hangs at the logging off window Has anyone else been experiencing these problems Or have any insight as to what the problem may be It would be greatly appreciated Thank you

Relevancy 41.28%

I've been trying to transfer files from my Windows XP SP3 desktop to my Windows Vista Laptop, but things haven't been going so hot, particularly at the XP end.

First, the desktop couldn't install the USB-to-USB bridge 2.0 software for the cable. I got that fixed, but then neither computer could get past the point in Windows Easy Transfer that says "Install the Easy Transfer Cable and connect your computers", despite the cable being installed & connected on both. Now, for some reason, when I try opening Easy Transfer on the XP machine, it immediately gives me the error "The migration failed. Windows Easy Transfer will now be canceled".

Does anyone know what is causing the problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-windows-easy-transfer-468412.html