Windows Support Forum

(Resolved) Nero not reading Correct drive speed?

Q: (Resolved) Nero not reading Correct drive speed?

I've had this problem in the past where Nero thinks my burner is a 12X and not a 24X. This was easily solved by a reboot. Now however even after the speed test it will only allow me to burn at 12X. I am using a Sony CRX175E.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: (Resolved) Nero not reading Correct drive speed?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 68.37%

I bought a second cd burner today and I want to be able to burn two things at once. I have a 12x Phillips and a 24X cheapie. does anyone know of a good how to site for this? Does anyone know if I will be forced to burn at 12x on both Or can I rig it to burn at 24x by opening another session or using another software altogether. Basically anything you guys have will be of great help.
Thanks!

Relevancy 67.08%

When I copy mp3 files from a cd to a folder my drive goes very slow. I have nero tool kit item "drive speed." It looks like the picture I attached.

It says my drive is currently set to read at 15x. That's too slow. But I select the 40x faster speed but in the window I can see no way to actually put the new speed into effect.

And I've looked all over for "help topics" to explain this silly application and found none. What if I did not have any Nero software? How would a drive's speed be set then??

This is all quite baffeling.

Relevancy 66.22%

Has anyone else noticed that Nero in Windows even the latest update when you are burning a disc has a problem detecting what has problems 7 Windows 9 detecting drive Nero speed? in speed the disc should use At first I thought it was a problem with my DVD burner in my laptop it was only allowing me to choose X speeds when my drive supports X speeds maximum Then I thought it was the media that I was Nero 9 in Windows 7 has problems detecting drive speed? using nope it's X media so it should support X speeds easily I've narrowed it down to two problems either Nero has a 'bug' in it when used with Windows and it isn't detecting the drive speed correctly now confirmed by using it's 'settings' options to see what it is detecting the maximum drive write speed as it's only listed as X or the drive isn't detecting that the media is X media this has been disproven now by taking the drive out of one computer and putting it in another and getting full speeds in Vista -bit with Nero 's latest update This is a severe problem and I was wondering if I should contact Nero and tell them about this or since Windows is still in the quot RC quot stage wait until the ACTUAL Windows comes out and then inform them of this issue

A:Nero 9 in Windows 7 has problems detecting drive speed?

I have great problems to burn DVD with Nero 9. I have just upgraded my PC from Vista 64 bit with the same problem.
Wheh I have selected what files to include, and press Burn nothing happens. I run 64 bits in Windows 7 and have no other problems.

Anyone solution to this problem?

/Lars-Olof

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/12153-nero-9-windows-7-has-problems-detecting-drive-speed.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Just installed 2x2gb PC-6400 800mhz OCZ ram in my machine and it read's 2814.
I've taken it out and reinstalled it to no avail. Machine spec's.

Intel 3ghz HT
Nvidia 690LT sli mobo
8800 GTS 640mb
580 watt psu
2x2gb PC-6400 800mhz OCZ

I have also stuck in 2gb extra of ram on top of the 4gb in it now and it still read's 2814. Any idea's ??? Thanks

A:Ram Not Reading Correct

If your OS is x32, that is all the ram you will see. It takes the x64 OS to see them all. Hope the problem is simple as such.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reading-correct.99798/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

First post here, hope someone can help. I am a little confused by my the readout on diskpart.

The attachment is the readout from my diskpart. It is a clean install of Windows 7. From what little I know it looks like the offset and size on partition 2 is wrong? Or at least under Size it says 1024KB and under Offset 111GB. Surely these should be the other way around? Anyone know what is happening here? Is the alignment on my SSD really 31KB and thus needs resetting? I thought W7 clean install would set this up for me?

Really hope someone can clear this up for me, I've been at this since the weekend, spent hours and hours reading and just not finding the answers I need!

Yours in hope!

Rich.
-=-

A:Is SSD align is correct - odd reading in diskpart

Did win7 clean install do that... strange.
What is partition 2 btw... it's 1024KB large so 1MB... very small.
Partition is misaligned. Put it at the 1MB border.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241100-ssd-align-correct-odd-reading-diskpart.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have just purchased a Nero update and paid by paypal I was VERY careful to copy the correct key code but when I present it while installing am refused entry.

A:Why does Nero refuse to accept my correct serial number

I suspect this is the sort of question that you need to ask of Nero support.

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/why-does-nero-refuse-to-accept-my-correct-serial-number/39978.html
Relevancy 58.05%

This is a problem which has got gradually worse. Initially, the CD/RW drive was very slow in reading burned data, it would spin and spin until it finally read something. Then, especially with large files, it would read part of it and then give up with a reciprocity failure message. Now, it doesn't even see the disks at all! I also have a DVD drive and it's the same story there. It doesn't see the disk. However, the same CD's read without problem on other machines and I can still play CD-ROMS in either drive. These fire up immediately and play fine. I'm burning with Nero 5.5.9.14 on a W2K machine. Is it the burning or the reading that's the problem, or both?

Relevancy 57.62%

I use DVD+R disk to burn dvd dat disk
using program:

Window XP pro service pack 2

Adhead Nero burning 6.6.03

dvd writer: Plexter 712A New Frimwire 1.07

I burn some data to the DVD+R disc. It can read perfectly fine on my other computer's DVD reader.

but the Plexter 712A can't read anything from the disk I burn. It is funny. It can burn disc, but can't read at all. Window just see blank dvd in exploer.
I uninstall the dvd device and reinstall the device, updated my firmwire.
update the software. but still won't work. Now windows say " E:/drive not accessible due to Device I/O error" the dvd drive work fine on my other computer

Can Some I help out please. I really need to back up my data. but I need them able to read too. It is hardware problem or window's problem?

A:error reading burn Dvd from Nero. Please help

Version 6.6 has a 6.6.0.16 update(which was the last update for that version). You should install the update, as it may solve your problem. You can read about and download it from here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-reading-burn-dvd-from-nero-please-help.413999/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
I have a new computer at work (XP Home edition S2). My back-ups are on CD RW's done by Nero or InC/Easy Write. I enstalled nero & Inc, but for some reason the CD/DVD does not read the back-ups. It says the CD is empty. This computer also has McFee AV on it. Does anyone know what would cause this?
On the other computers I get a message about Easy Write Reader, click on it & it downloads the reader... & then no problem. It is possible that I chose not to load it once, & have not been able to enable what I have loaded.
Help?
Thanks,
Debby

Relevancy 56.76%

Up until yesterday I could copy to CDRW and DVDRW disks fine using Nero InCD, but this morning I find that InCD regards all disks as read-only, even if they are read-write! I've even reformatted a disk, but it still regards it as readonly. When I put a read-write disk in the cd-tray and close it, the disk is briefly recognised as read-write (as indicated by the ticked-icon in the system icon tray), but a couple of seconds later the icon changes to show a readonly disk. I have updated InCD from version 4.2.2.3 to 4.2.23.2 but this has made no difference. As far as I know I have not installed any new software onto the pc that could change InCD settings.

Backing-up data to rewritable CD and DVD disks is a very important part of my business, so any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I am using XP Pro, SP2.

Many thanks,

Alan Harris-Reid
BaseLine Data Services (UK)

A:Problem with Nero InCD reading r/w disks

Can you read/write to RW's with Nero Burning Rom (not packet writing mode)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-nero-incd-reading-r-w-disks.471036/
Relevancy 56.76%

i just installed nero 6 and i tried the "nero infotool"
why does my bus speed = 133MHz

my pc:
Sony VAIO Digital Studio PCV-RX850 PC Desktop
Processor Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
motherboard bus speed = 533Mhz

is nero incorrect, is it a diff bus speed or did sony lie about their info
what other freeware i can use to double check my motherboard bus speed

A:bus speed, is this correct

That sounds right [email protected] a multiplier of 9 =2.4 gig

Just make certain the multiplier is at 9

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bus-speed-is-this-correct.193353/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a PIII 533 CPU and an ABIT VA6 Motherboard. When booting it says PIII 266 CPU. I've gone into the "soft menu setup" and tried to correct it but then the computer won't boot. I get the error message "CPU has change..unworkable.." I've done all I could think of including reformatting my HD and updating all drivers for my VIA chipset. I ran Intel's Processor Frequency Utility and it says I have a 533/100 but its running at 265/66. I've had this problem for so long!! Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:CPU speed not correct

Very strange...

Your problem is at the hardware level (no need to reformat your HD or anything).

Has this happened since you've gotten this mobo/CPU, or have you done a BIOS update? Check for updates? Upgraded the CPU recently?

Im somewhat familer with ABIT boards... there is usually a problem that causes the MOBo to go to a default mode.

You may have to contact ABIT directly on this one...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-not-correct.86278/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I am trying to set my RAM to the correct speed of MHz but I am unable to get it above MHz Here are the machine specs Intel Core i ASRock P Deluxe Crucial DDR Mhz - - - x GB Link PowerColor Radeon HD Speed Cannot To Get RAM Solved: Correct MB I noticed that CPU-Z shows the following www talnivarr co uk sites todd images cpuzmem png www talnivarr co uk sites todd images cpuzspd png Note that the RAM is set to run at MHz i e x but that the timings table for MHz matches the expected figures Restart in BIOS the RAM is being detected as DDR MHz www talnivarr co uk sites todd images sysover jpg I have already set it to manually www talnivarr co uk sites todd images Solved: Cannot Get RAM To Correct Speed tweak jpg www talnivarr co uk sites todd images ramfreq jpg The only other relevant options I have is the timings page www talnivarr co uk sites todd images ramtiming jpg Anyone know what is going on here How do I get my RAM to run at the correct speed nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (Thoroughbred)
MSI KT4 Ultra Motherboard
1.5GB PC2700 DDR 266Mhz
Windows XP Pro

Hi, with the above setup, the board is reporting that the processor is an XP 2200+ at 1.6Ghz. It should be a 2400+ at 2Ghz.

In the BIOS frequency controls the FSB is 133Mhz and the multiplier is set to Auto. According to my research it should be on 15.0 to make it 2Ghz so I have tried setting it to 15.0 but the motherboard will not boot with that setting and I have to clear the CMOS with the jumper to start over.

Has anyone seen this before or know what I can do?

Many thanks,
Mantis.

Relevancy 55.9%

So I just installed my 8350 about two days ago and I just found out that it isn't running to its full potential. It's running at 2812 MHz. when it should be running at at least 4k MHz. I tried running my game to see if it will go up and maybe its just idle to save power but that did not work. Then I went into my bios and turned off all my C-State (c1e, c6 are the only two I have). And that did not do the trick and I have ran into a brick wall. Please help me.

A:AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I have 3 possible solutions to the issue: 1) The CPU is flawed. 2) You are in a power saving Windows state. 3) Your CPU is running hot, which will throttle its speed to something lower.

In order to check whether your PC is in a power saving mode, go to the start menu and type in "power options". Choose the one listed under "control panel". Once you click it, it should bring up a window that tells you what power state you are in. Choose the "Balanced" plan if it is in power saving mode and see if that helps.

Secondly, download and run RealTemp and tell me what the CPU temperature is at idle and when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-8350-not-getting-correct-speed.199067/
Relevancy 55.9%

I've built a computer for the first time and I'm not sure about a few things.. First of all my memory frequency is only clocked at 266.7mhz. Isn't that really low considering I have dual DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) sticks? Also is my timing good on it or should I modify it in anyway? Thanks for the help!

A:Are my timings/cpu bus speed correct?

Since you haven't posted any information about your system in your profile, you could at least help us & do it here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-timings-cpu-bus-speed-correct.73582/
Relevancy 55.9%

Just installed a q6600 cpu into my p5b board (which has been updated to most recent bios). However it is running at 1.6 ghz, not 2.4. Anybody give me any help?

Relevancy 55.9%

hi, i have just built my first comp, the specs are as follows

Intel 845PE asrock mobo
512MB 184DIMM PC2100 ram
GF FX5200 256MB DDR VO DVI AGP
P4 3.0 512Kb processor

It will not run at 3.0ghz, it runs at 2ghz just fine....
Ive tried increasing the cpu frequency and the comp will run at 3.0 ghz but it will then die as it reaches windows........says somthing about ram error.....

please can anywone help me ?

A:cpu notworking at correct speed

sorry all, i know the problem, its the mobo, it only suports 3.0ghz 800mhz fbs when over clocked
i shall go ask in the mod forum for anyone who can help with the oc'ing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-notworking-at-correct-speed.12213/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 3 x 2gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 ram sticks. I ran blackbox, and it tells me the memory is running at 533mhz? And if I read it correctly, it's underclocked by 20%??

Is this all wrong? And if so, how do I fix?

I did read this, but it didn't really explain things for me http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/55...e-read-posting

It says effective speed is double core speed, which would make my effective speed 1066 if the frequency listed by black box were "core". But it's supposed to be 1600mhz

Corsairs C7D ram is advertised, and sold as 7:7:7:20. Black box reports it as 8:8:8:20?

thanks
Tanya

A:Is my memory speed correct?

Quote: Originally Posted by Yanta

I have 3 x 2gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 ram sticks. I ran blackbox, and it tells me the memory is running at 533mhz? And if I read it correctly, it's underclocked by 20%??

Is this all wrong? And if so, how do I fix?

I did read this, but it didn't really explain things for me MEMORY FAQ (please read before posting) - Memory - Motherboards-Memory

It says effective speed is double core speed, which would make my effective speed 1066 if the frequency listed by black box were "core". But it's supposed to be 1600mhz

Corsairs C7D ram is advertised, and sold as 7:7:7:20. Black box reports it as 8:8:8:20?

thanks
Tanya

If I recall correctly, LGA 1366 quad cores support a max of 1066 unless you overclock.

Edit: http://www.intel.com/products/proces...rei7/index.htm it says

Quote:
3 Channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/95016-my-memory-speed-correct.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Thank you very much in advance for your help I am currently Log [resolved] Reading Help Need trying to clean a few systems and am only a novice log reader at best I have already run ad-aware with the proper settings as well as conducted an online virus scan and ran stinger to help [resolved] Need Help Reading Log clean up the mess Any help is much appreciated here is [resolved] Need Help Reading Log the most recent log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Windows system spoolsv exe C Softimage FLEXLM bin lmgrd exe C Program Files ATI Technologies Fire GL Control Panel atiisrgl exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C Softimage FLEXLM bin SOFTIMAGE exe C Windows System slpd exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Windows System Tablet exe C Program Files Avid Services ummds exe C Windows System PROMon exe C Program Files Pinnacle InstantCDDVD InstantWrite iwctrl exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Wacom TabUserW [resolved] Need Help Reading Log exe C Program Files Avid Services Consumermgrs exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows System svchost exe C Documents and Settings waveworks Desktop Virus Stuff Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail waveworks net O - Hosts ww-server O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run PROMon exe PROMon exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run FRYHIGHRES rundll quot C Program Files ATI Technologies Fire GL Control Panel atipmogl dll quot DetectHighResMonitor O - HKLM Run msupdate msupdate exe O - HKLM Run VOBID C Program Files Pinnacle InstantCDDVD InstantDrive InstantDrive exe remount O - HKLM Run IW ControlCenter C Program Files Pinnacle InstantCDDVD InstantWrite iwctrl exe O - HKLM Run PinnacleDriverCheck C Windows System PSDrvCheck exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Microsoft Dll Management windll exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM RunServices msupdate msupdate exe O - HKLM RunServices Microsoft Dll Management windll exe O - Startup Registration-INSDVD lnk C Program Files Pinnacle InstantCDDVD SharedFiles Pixie RegTool exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup TabUserW lnk C Program Files Wacom TabUserW exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft co en x client wuweb site cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip - - -AFB - br DA AA A B NameServer

A:[resolved] Need Help Reading Log

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

If you have a fast internet connection (broadband), run an online virus scan at TrendMicro. Make sure to select the Autoclean option. Otherwise, make sure your antivirus program has the latest definitions and run a full system scan.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up).

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msupdate] msupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Dll Management] windll.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [msupdate] msupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Dll Management] windll.exe

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

msupdate.exe
windll.exe

Reboot into Normal Mode and post a new HijackThis log file so we can make sure it's clean.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/resolved-need-help-reading-log-23425.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I ve got a Dell Inspiron CD-Rs 80 Reading min (Resolved) laptop (Resolved) Reading 80 min CD-Rs PII MB RAM with an external Zip CD-RW USB I have just had (Resolved) Reading 80 min CD-Rs to format and reinstall Win SE so made a backup of my data to an min MB CD-R first Installed OK then all drivers and the Zip with all its software all fine I was able to browse my backup CD from Explorer but decided to upgrade my version of IE from to as that was what I had before After the upgrade I now can t read my backup CD-R I have tried reinstalling the Zip software Easy CD creator and Direct CD as well as installing a newer UDF reader all without success I can read normal MB CDRs and any CD-RW no problems and Iomega say that the drive definitely supports min CD-Rs Anyone know what IE changes when its installed that would stop me reading a CD-R disk Any ideas of what I could try at all would be very welcome nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Im trying to install an amd 2400xp to a asus A7n8x Deluxe (2.0 rev.). When i boot up, it only recognzes xp 1800 and i get the message to adjust correct cpu speed in bios. I go to bios and there is not a cpu speed menu. I have done this before on my asus a7v333 when I updated from 1900xp to 2400 xp and the speed menu appeared so i can select 2.0 Ghz speed. But on this freshly mobo and all components pc, i dont get the cpu speed menu. I have also left intact the cpu fsb jumper.(its set to default 266/333/400). Any help will be apreaciated

Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys, - I know I download at 16Mbps as per speed tests on my wifi..

the issue I have is why doesn't it use much much more than 4-5Mbps when I watch Youtube videos?? this really upsets me because I try to watch 720p high quality videos and they take awhile to load especially when I want to skip around..

so I'm ready for suggestions..

is it settings in my adapter? I have Qos totally unchecked and turned off in advanced adapter settings..

A:Want correct speed for my wifi using youtube..

Youtube uses a Variable Streaming rate. Since you run it inside your web browser, there is no way of knowing what the data stream actually is.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68966-want-correct-speed-my-wifi-using-youtube.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So I have 6GB of DDR3 RAM in my computer, and when I go into my BIOS, it says that they are operating at 1066 frequency, when they are 1333 sticks. I'm not sure how to solve this issue, but I think I know how it came about. I had a 2GB 1066 stick in there and for some reason when I took it out, the speed stuck in the BIOS.... any ideas how to correct this? I have tried: Flashing the BIOS. I think I might try to clear the CMOS THEN flash the BIOS, and hope that that works.

A:DDR3 RAM not showing correct speed

Download and run"

CPUID

On the Memory tab it will show the current memory settings and the SPD tab will show what the auto settings are. The auto settings may not be 1333 but you can then change the values in the Bios to get what you want.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/68073-ddr3-ram-not-showing-correct-speed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I own a WindowsXP computer. I am trying to learn how to burn CDs. I "seem" to be able to assemble my playlist, drag,drop, and pick a new playlist. I "seem" to be burning a new CD after installing a blank 52xmulti speed disc. My troubles begin after about 91% of the burning process is completed. The process will stop and inform me that the "write-speed" is incorrect! How does one go about changing to the correct speed? What is the proper sequence in CD burning so that I do it the same way every time?

Relevancy 55.47%

I have a 3.2Ghz AMD processor that only seems to be running at 2Ghz presently. My mobo is a GA-K8NSC-939, I have 1.5Gb of DDR 400 RAM on board and I am running XP SP2. I have tried a couple of things in BIOS - (ie loaded optimal performace settings) but these have made no difference.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 55.47%

I put together a machine with an ASUS A7N8X-X MOBO and Athlon XP 2600 Barton (1900 GHZ and 333 FSB). With the auto settings in the Advanced Chipset Features, Everest reported it as 1.1 GHZ or something like that. So I changed the CPU External Frequency from 100 to 166 as the Frequency Multiplier had been set at 11.5. I assume that's correct because the manual says the FSB should be twice the CPU External Frequency, so twice 166 is 334 (close to 333 listed). This then gave me 1.921 GHz and a 334 Mhz effective FSB. See the snapshots of Everest readings:

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, i have tiscali up to 8 meg.
I know this means from there servers but i should be getting more than 1.5 meg average?
it also doesnt even seem like it is running at 1.5 meg because everything i download off the internet averages at 30 kb's a sec download, which is very slow.

maybe it is to do with my modem settings?
is there something to optimise this?

here is my speed test results:

Thanks all help is apreciated.

A:Tiscali not giving me the correct speed?

read JOHNWILLs post here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/756340-game-connection-speed.html

and try the tests etc he suggests

post results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tiscali-not-giving-me-the-correct-speed.760261/
Relevancy 55.04%

Why are my songs showing as winamp media on the cd i just burned? The cd is not any good the error i got when i tried to burn was a read error i dont have winamp anymore all my music show mp3 file.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I was using this VM in the past smoothly Now however I have new PC and VM doesnt recognize new speed of new CPU correctly My new CPU is amd fx ghz VM however just recognizes it as hz speed and therefor acts as if it was ware speed. Vm CPU correct doesnt recognize so ---- gt terribly slow it sometimes dont even boot Also I have this message when starting VM VMware Workstation has measured your CPU speed to be MHz but Windows reports that it is MHz This may mean that your computer has a power-saving feature that varies the processor speed As a result the clock in your virtual machine may run too fast or Vm ware doesnt recognize correct CPU speed. too slow For a workaround please refer to the VMware knowledge base article at http vmware com info id Click to expand Thing is i tried maximum performance at control panel power options but it didnt Vm ware doesnt recognize correct CPU speed. change anything Anyone have idea what could be causing it and possible solution Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all We recently upgraded to Fiber internet and should be receiving MB s download speed We use one laptop and one desktop The laptop shows proper download and upload speeds on both an Ethernet and wireless connection when using speedtest net Between and MB Correct Not Wireless Getting Solved: Desktop Speed s However my desktop which I use Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed with an Asus N n Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed Wireless PCI-E x card However I am only getting - MB s on speedtest net with the desktop and around - MB s upload I know this is weird too I have searched Google far and wide trying to solve this issue I have done all the normal things such as Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed reinstalling and updating drivers for my chipset and wireless card I installed the download from the quot Utility quot section on this page because when I download the item from the quot Wireless quot section it gives me a folder with contents lacking an exe or anything of the sort My system specs can be found in my description My desktop is Windows and the laptop is Windows nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

My first post here ok here it goes I will tell (Resolved) Nero burner and you what i know and hope (Resolved) Nero and burner someone out there has an (Resolved) Nero and burner idea I didnt know exactly where to post this BUT here it goes for the past month I have been having CD-writer probems on my newer pc its an AMD (Resolved) Nero and burner XP GHz MB Ram MB Radeon GB HD and I used to own a Iomega ZipCD drive x x but found it did not want to enter into any burning software easily and when in did not work at all A few days ago I just got a I OMagic x x CDRW internal and i was saddened to find out the same thing was wrong again I have erased my C drive and completely reinstalled Windows I also wiped my BIOS clean I think I dont know if i did it right and it still doesnt work right What happens is When I choose Nero Express for ex it will take - minutes to load up stalling and maybe freezing along the way Then it will search for image recorders finding one image recorder cd rw no drive letter nothing just that well I select it try to burn a audio cd and it sends the file to my hard drive Now I beleive that it may be a faulty IDE port or i m using the wrong IDE ATA pin ribbon or is something else I dont know anymore so PLEASE HELP I cant even get the Nero info tool program to work straight it hits bars and freezes there nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I am running windows 98SE with 256 RAM and a 800Meg Intel CPU.
When trying to copy a CD using Nero 5.5.8.3 and a CenDyne 48x12x48 Burner I run into problems. The system will burn a CD from the files in my data base, but will not copy a CD. I have tried Audio and Data with the same results. I get the SCSI target error or failure to close the CD. Checked the Nero data base and they don't seem to have any information on problem. Any guidance on what to do?

Relevancy 54.61%

Hey recently i installed [resolved]Nero Error a trial version of the newest nero burning rom however it didnt instal correctly so i uninstalled it I then reinstalled my older version [resolved]Nero Error of nero which is on an OEM disk Now though whenever i go to play a movie file i get this error from nero saying quot This program requires the file advrcntr dll which was not found on this system quot The movie file still plays but this error keeps on occuring even if i open up the folder with the movies in it I dont even have to click on a file this error just appears I reinstalled nero from the OEM but it i still get the error So i downloaded the dll file off the net and copied it into the system file and the nero folder but i still get the error If somone has any idea to what is goin on it would be a great help Thanks

A:[resolved]Nero Error

Okay, so i removed nero and deleted all files of nero, i also went into the registry and removed all traces i could find of nero and the error still comes up.
can anyone help me out??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/resolved-nero-error-150421.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i posted the other day about this problem with nero. wen i click it to open it goes to the blue error screen and then shows one of them illgal opertion windows.

it says "NERO caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff88396

ive asked mates about this and they say its a windows file but without wiping all my computer how can i fix this problem with out doing that.

I did a scan disk and it found nothing & also a scan with AVG and that found nothing aswell.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TO SORT OUT THIS PROBLEM!

cheers rob

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all I ve got Nero v on Nero (Resolved) up acting my machine and have been using it for ages with (Resolved) Nero acting up no trouble Earlier today I decided to have a clear-out and uninstalled a bunch of programs I no longer use One of these was NeroMix which I had installed independently from Nero However when I went to use Nero again it came up with the install screen and asked for the install disk Hokey-dokey then off I go to rummage through ten million boxes to find the disk Finally I discover it and get the install process up and running But now the program is installed again it s gone weird When I try to open Nero it comes up with this error message The Win-Aspi file can t be found therefore you can currently select only image recorders This missing file is a part of the Windows ME files Please fix this problem and then restart Nero Error Init failed I ve been onto the Nero site to try and get some help from there and found a page on reinstalling Win-Aspi files I followed the instructions from there but the files I was told to install were already on my HD I overwrote them anyway to see if that would help but it s made no difference - and I can t find anything else about this problem at all Any help would be hugely appreciated Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello!

I have d/l'ed the files needed to install Linux Redhat but of course I need to burn a bootable CD. I went through the help files in Nero but the CD isn't bootable. I tried again but same result. I have no experience burning a bootable CD with Nero- can someone walk me through the steps? All I'm doing here is wasting a pile of blank CD's and making coasters.

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a HP Pavilion 6553 with Windows 98. I have just replaced the CD rom with a CDRW 52x24x52. The software that came with the drive is nero express v 5.5.9.15d. I get the error when I try to open the software: The WIN-ASPI file '??' cannot be found, therefore you can currently select only image recorders. This missing file is one of the Windows 95/98/ME files. Please fix the problem and restart Nero. (Error 11: No ASPI!) I have already downloaded the dll file: wnaspi32.dll
It did not help. Can you? Thanks.

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 and it list the processor clock speed at 1000/733 mhz. The processor speed is currently at 733 mhz. Is there a setting that can be changed to achieve the full 1000mhz clock speed?
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks.

A:Is Dell Inspiron 8100 processor speed correct?

Your Inspiron like many notebooks will throttle back your processor speed to reduce heat and prolong battery life. So even though it is a ~1Ghz processor it will at times run at 733MHz. That's normal behavior. You might be able to disable this feature in Control Panel/Power Options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-dell-inspiron-8100-processor-speed-correct.550861/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey all, I'm going absolutely nuts. I'm building a new system up for my mom and the parts she bought are fubar! The old board wouldn't format the HDD when I tried to install windows XP pro on it, though the hard drive did fine loading in my PC. Bought a new board and it won't POST. I had the Bus set to 233MHz which is what AMD lists as the frequency for the AthalonXP 2800+, but when I put the processor back in the old board to make sure I didn't fry the processor it read it's bus speed as 100MHz. I upped the speed to 233 on that board and it stopped posting. Do I have a bunk chip? If so, is the old board actually ok?

I'll post all the specs of the boards when I get back, but any 1st thoughts would be appreciated.

A:new board won't POST, Processor not running at correct speed

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The correct front side bus speed for your athlon 2800+ cpu is 166mhz. By setting it to 233mhz this constitutes a massive overclock, and that is why your system wont post.

If you look at the cpu specs below you will see that the Athlon xp 2800+ has an fsb of 333mhz which is means it should be set to 166mhz. 166mhz X the multiplier of 12.5 = 2083mhz clock speed.

See HERE for athlon specs.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-wont-post-processor-not-running-at-correct-speed.31439/
Relevancy 54.18%

Good Morning I have a question concerning my clock speed My machine is a Compaq SR NX running Windows XP Cpu speed reading SP I am sending this text via a second machine I recieve four different readings from four different sources Computer properties Everest CPU-Z and Cpu speed reading bios I am including links to images to better explain I have attempted to contact Compaq support but they seem to be awol about a week now I have heard that this processor may have or it does have a quot Cool and Quiet quot that Cpu speed reading could be causing the slow speed reading but I have no idea what that is nor how to find out if this machine has it I could not take a screen shot of the bios screen but it read on the advanced screen Cpu type AMD Athlon tm processor CPU Speed MHZ CPU L Cashe size mb CPU L Cashe size mb Plug and Play OS yes Primary Video adapter PC Onboard Video Memory Size mb PS mouse Auto detect Onboard enabled http i photobucket com albums r sparkyrhett PropertiesComp jpg http i photobucket com albums r sparkyrhett CPU-Z jpg http i photobucket com albums r sparkyrhett cpu jpg Any information or advice would be appreciated I am a novice in these matters but I will try to understand As always thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I recently burnt documents onto a cdrom using nero 5.5. The disc cannot be found when inserted when placed in the disc drives. I believe this may be because it is not closed. Can you help?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi. Nero Express 5.5 update. Cannot download Nero Express update 551050.EXE from the Nero website. Have tried several times day and night over the last few days. I click 'accept', click 'download' and the progress bar goes for 10 minutes or so and then I get an error box that says 'web page not available'. Anyone got an alternate site to get this update. Not UPGRADE. I can't afford to go to Nero 6. Any help helps. Thanks. ColoDingo

Relevancy 53.75%

I had Nero Burning 5.5.7.2 which came with my burner. It initially installed fine and operated flawlessly.

After my last format, the software begins to open but then hangs on the "Searching for SCSI/IDE drives" screen. I must use the reset button to reboot, as CTRL+ALT+DEL will give me only a BSOD at best.

I uninstalled it in safe mode.
Deleted all found registry keys.
Reinstalled it.
D/l'ed and installed update nero55107b.exe.

So far, I have had no luck. Unless I missed it, I didn't see any reference to this problem in the Nero FAQ page. I am running Win98se, IE6+SP1, no AV. I have Norton Systemworks 2002 but it, along with Nero and several items, have given me problems on installation.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi. Can anybody help me with a problem.
I have installed Nero 6 Ultra Edition. But it just dont work.
Every time I'm trying to open Nero, it says: This version of the application cannot be run in this language...
Any suggestions?

A:(Resolved) Nero Can´t Work

You probably either need a different version of Nero - or need to install a language pack - to use Nero in a language other than english.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-nero-can%C2%B4t-work.191513/
Relevancy 53.75%

I just bought an LG 52x24x52 burner which came with Nero Express and installed both with no probs. (Replacing an old Toshiba Combo). I even burned a disc of MP3 with no problems.

But every subsequent effort failed at the point where I tried to "Add" a file for burning. As soon as I highlight the desired file and click on the Add button, I get an "Out of Memory" Error and the program hangs!!!!

I don't know if it is a Windows error, Nero error or hardware.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated

RFox
Pentium III
256 RAM
Windows XP Pro

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
Few months ago I bought new NEC recorder with Label Flash function and drive manufacturer gave me CD with nero7 essentials which supports LF (but this version unfortunately was incompatible with the newest version of windows). I've tried to install this version, but at the end of installation error message appeared. After that, I've download nero7 update from nero.com. But when I've been trying to install it, installer was unpacking files, it asked me if I want to install nero toolbar (or something like that) and than it diapered forever. OK, I've deleted nero files from programfiles(x86)\nero (i'm using x64 version of vista) (i cannot unistall by installer, cause it was returning error msg) and I've cleaned win registry from nero files. After that, I've downloaded trial version of nero7 and effect is the same: it asks me if I want install nero toolbar and than everything disappear forever.

regards, Pawel

A:[resolved]nero problem with vista

OK, i've fixed that. I had to find nad delete all geristry entries by regedit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/resolved-nero-problem-with-vista-148440.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I am trying to install Nero 7 on Windows Vista but I get the message, Unable to Access Shell Manager.

Can anybody help me or put me on to the right thread?

Thanks

A:[resolved]Installing Nero 7 on Vista

Right Click the install exe and click " Run as administrator"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/resolved-installing-nero-7-on-vista-158908.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Folks..

I have just installed "Nero" and I have also added the media player!! I dont like it , I have tried uninstalling it and tried to instal the basic player thats installed with win98se.
For some reason I cant reinstall the win98se basic player, what am I doing wrong .

Hook

Relevancy 53.32%

Let me start with asking the most basic thing, is the MAX speed (4.5MB) of 300 Mb router slow for a NAS drive knowing that I am very close to the router?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Relevancy 53.32%

When i boot it shows my ram as and its My motherboard General Information Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Gigabyte Product GA-MA -DS Version x x Serial Number Unspecified Support MP Yes CPU s Version MPS Chassis Information Manufacturer speed?? Reading wrong as RAM Unspecified RAM Reading as wrong speed?? Type Desktop Version Unspecified Serial Number Unspecified Asset Unspecified Sensor Information Hardware Monitoring ITE IT F On-Board Device Information Embedded Controller No Slots Information Slot PCI Available -bit v v Slot PCI Available -bit v v Slot PCI-Express x v External Connectors Serial Compatible DB- male Serial Compatible DB- male Parallel ECP EPP DB female Keyboard PS Mouse PS USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB Internal Connectors PRIMARY IDE On Board IDE FDD On Board Floppy COM Pin Dual Inline pin cut COM Pin Dual Inline pin cut LPT DB female Keyboard PS Mouse PS USB USB USB USB USB USB USB USB USB USB My RAM is General Information A RAS Double Bank A RAS Double Bank A Empty A Empty Information SPD EEPROM A Manufacturer Kingston Part Number - A LF Serial Number A DB Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz - DDR - Format Regular UDIMM x Size MB ranks banks Module Buffered No Module Registered No Module SLi Ready EPP No Width -bit Error Correction Capability No Max Burst Length Refresh Reduced x s Self Refresh Voltage SSTL v Prefetch Buffer -bit Manufacture Week of Supported Frequencies MHz MHz MHz CAS Latency tCL clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS to CAS tRCD clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS Precharge tRP clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Cycle Time tRAS clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Min TRC clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Information SPD EEPROM A Manufacturer Kingston Part Number - A LF Serial Number DB Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz - DDR - Format Regular UDIMM x Size MB ranks banks Module Buffered No Module Registered No Module SLi Ready EPP No Width -bit Error Correction Capability No Max Burst Length Refresh Reduced x s Self Refresh Voltage SSTL v Prefetch Buffer -bit Manufacture Week of Supported Frequencies MHz MHz MHz CAS Latency tCL clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS to CAS tRCD clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS Precharge tRP clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Cycle Time tRAS clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Min TRC clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Memory Controller Information Memory Controller Standard EDO Number of connectors Max Module Size MB Max Memory Size MB Supported Speed ns ns Supported Voltages v Error Detection Method -bit ECC Error Correction Capability None Current Supported Interleave -way -way Can someone please tell me how to get my ram to run at Mhz instead of Mhz nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Ok first I hope im posting in the correct area. Ok im trying to back up some files using dvd data discs. Im using nero and it says on the disc information that there is 4.7 g of capacity but when I try and add the files to the disc it won't let me add more then 800 mb. I know it can do more beacuse iv done this in the past with no problems.

A:Nero Data disc problem (RESOLVED)

800mb is the limit for a CD you need to set it to DVD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nero-data-disc-problem-resolved-141150.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I have two Samsung SATA2 hard drives that are configured in raid 0, both drives are identical and are supposed to be 3 Gb/s in speed which translates into about 300 MB/s i think. using Passmark performance test it shows that the drive reads at 66 MB/s. i set the BIOS on my new giga-byte motherboard to raid and installed the raid drivers before installing the OS and everything is fine just concerned why its not showing at least closer to the 300 MB/s speed.
screenshot

A:sata not reading at advertised speed

Never, ever believe any "speeds" or other numbers advertised to you. They are virtually always bull****. Research before you buy.

The pretty 300 MB/s number tells you the speed from the disk drive's internal buffer to the HD controller. It says nothing about the data rates between the disk's buffer and the platters, nor does it say anything about the data rates between the disk controller and RAM/CPU.

66 MB/s is perfectly normal sustained throughput for a modern hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-not-reading-at-advertised-speed.68543/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello All:

Have just put together a new system:

1) iDeq case (210V)
a) Bios ID: KM400A-8237-GAGLY09C-0
b) Build Date: 10/20/2004
c) Flash Type: AMIC A2040 /5V
2) AMD Athlon 2400+
3) Windows XP Pro With SP #2
4) More Info If needed

Everything works fine except: the BIOS is reading the Processor as an 1800+ instead of the 2400+ that is installed.

Have looked on the internet and read the Users Manual, but am unsure what the latest BIOS ver. is, and where to get it.

Does any know what to do about this?

Please Help

Thanks
thoyler

Relevancy 52.89%

After some odd computer activity a few weeks ago, my USB drivers began reading and transferring rather slowly.
After looking at the computer, i noticed when i plugged a device or a USB key in, i received messages saying "This device can preform faster"

After getting this, i decided to look for help on the internet, i found a certain thread regarding a "o1generallee413".
This thread was the same problems i am having, only i am on a PC.
I also noticed the upstanding help he received from "bhahar84" & "brow96"

If either of you are there, or if anyone could help me with my problem, it would not go unappreciated!
One might also take note i am still a novice at computers, yet i can make my way through command prompts and BIOS pages.

A:[SOLVED] USB 2.0 Ports Are reading at USB 1.1 Speed, Please help!

Are you using a usb hub or connecting to the motherboard usb ports ?
You could also check device manager to check that USB 2.0 host controllers are present.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-usb-2-0-ports-are-reading-at-usb-1-1-speed-please-help-383230.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I am running Windows XP PRO on my intel P3- 733mhz. When I was in Win98 and Win2000, windows was reading my computer as a 733, But since I have installed XP it reads my computer as a 433. However, when my computer starts up, on the black screen, it does say CPU spees: 733. I am assuming that windows right now is running at 433. I would like it to run at the speed at which it should be, a 733.

How can I fix this?

A:Windows XP reading CPU speed WRONG!

Where are you getting the info in XP that says XP thinks that its a 433? Could you post it here please?

All versions of Windows should pick up the speed of the PC from the BIOS settings. If the BIOS is still showing it as a 733 at startup then XP should also be showing it as a 733.

Causes of faulty speed pickup range from bad PSU or flaky external power supply, to faulty mobo or incorrect multiplier jumper settings.

If XP definitely says its the wrong speed, please post back some more details of your system and its specs, particularly mobo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-reading-cpu-speed-wrong.75446/
Relevancy 52.89%

So I am looking for free software to find out what type of ram I have and what speed it runs, I once had a program that did that but I just can't remember the name, so can somebody suggest a few.

A:reading memory brand and speed

I'd try Aida32, if you want a glance at it , here's the link to the site http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html.
Depending on if your using win7 x32 bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/13473-reading-memory-brand-speed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I'm a computer expert when it comes to software BUT NOT HARDWARE! I swapped the processor from my "whitebox custom pc" (300mhz amd k6 ) into my IBM PC from 97' (IBM/Cyrix 225mhz) it's running windows xp home sp2. The amd only reads as 225 in the bios and xp! how can i get it to run the full 300mhz?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-swap-not-reading-as-right-speed.647764/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a problem with Nero but in particular with Nero Express I have downloaded episodes of a children s programme which is freely available from an Italian broadcasters website These are downloaded as a quot divx quot extension Now here the burning Express Nero How with speed to is my problem BEFORE Christmas Just after Christmas I reformatted the computer I used to burn these to Re-writable DVDs How to speed the burning with Nero Express I used Nero Express and burnt them as a DATA DVD The whole process took about - maximum minutes including the verification process Before somebody asks yes I can and do watch them on the DVD player without any problems otherwise I wouldn t do it and I ve done it many times I have just after the Christmas reformat started burning these DATA DVDs again as the programme has come back on air again I haven t used Nero since the reformat Unfortunately the burning process now takes - HOURS including the verification process Does anybody have a solution to this problem or can anybody suggest something It s frustrating not to be able to use the computer for long periods of time Thanks in advance for the replies Windows XP Pro SP MB RAM Pent Ghz

A:How to speed the burning with Nero Express

You could check your DVD's controller has DMA mode enabled. That would explain the difference in time from 40 minutes to 4 hours. Here's a link explaining the method to enable it in XP: Link

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392538/how-to-speed-the-burning-with-nero-express/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi .

I have an ASUS cd burner and nero 8 express which i have never used .

I am trying to write a cd at 4X Speed but the drop down box is greyed out and set to 10X .

How do i change it to 4X .

your help is appreciated .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-cant-adjust-nero-speed-settings-457402.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have had this problem over the years and never really pursued it, but now I am wondering why. Many times Nero Disk Speed will not recognize a perfectly good drive, one that burns fine, is recognized by Driver Manager & Imgburn. This has happened on all the Nero Drive Speed programs not just one. T.I.A.

A:Nero Disk Speed no read

Is this Nero 12 Express, or, older Nero?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59653-nero-disk-speed-no-read.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have had this problem over the years and never really pursued it, but now I am wondering why. Many times Nero Disk Speed will not recognize a perfectly good drive, one that burns fine, is recognized by Driver Manager & Imgburn. This has happened on all the Nero Drive Speed programs not just one. T.I.A. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562306/nero-disk-speed-no-read/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello My ASUS m b seems to have changed the reading on my prossessor I have a Pent III gig but the computer is NOW changed speed CPU, is 1 600mh a from Computer of gig reading different to reading it as mhz We built the computer and have not made any changes Computer is reading a different speed of CPU, changed from 1 gig to 600mh to it I did have one of the hard drives crash and wipe it self clean just before I noticed the difference in speeds I Computer is reading a different speed of CPU, changed from 1 gig to 600mh know that it was correct before this happened OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Computer is reading a different speed of CPU, changed from 1 gig to 600mh Mhz BIOS Version Date Award Software Inc ASUS CUV X ACPI BIOS Revision SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS System Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys dx c GeForce MX with meg SB Live Would anyone be able to help me figure this out I have used the restore feature with the Windows XP home but that did not change it Thank you nbsp

A:Computer is reading a different speed of CPU, changed from 1 gig to 600mh

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you checked in bios to see whether the fsb is set correctly?

Dpending on which version of the pIII 1gig cpu you have depends on whether it runs on a fsb of 100mhz or 133mhz.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-is-reading-a-different-speed-of-cpu-changed-from-1-gig-to-600mh.25324/
Relevancy 52.46%

OK, just bought two used laptops with fresh installs of XP. They are identical Gateway 450ROG's that have 1.4 P4 M processors. However, right clicking my computer shows a P4 M 1.4 running at 587 mhz. I looked int eh BIOS and it shows a 1.4. It's plugged into power. I remember there's a setting on laptops to throttle it back under battery power but don't know why this is doing so, on both, on A/C adpater power.

Can someone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-reading-processor-speed-wrong.549680/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have been using nero ultra for the last couple of Very ultra slow on nero speed ? 7 burning years I have been able to burn a gig in about to minutes I backup my image files on these I do photography for a Very slow burning speed on nero ultra 7 ? living so I do this almost on a daily basis Most of the time I use at lease one dvd and sometimes two The other day I turned on my computer and it was making a noise so I turned it off and called a tek person He turned on my computer and told me it was just a small fan at the back of my drive My computer has a array system not sure if that is how you spell it anyway it backs up data also The tek person did nt turn off my machine he just removed the drive and replaced the fan This is when all my problems started I had to reinstall photoshop and my nero also did nt work I reinstalled photoshop and nero but now nero burns very slow it takes hour to burn my dvd s now I have went into nero and it has a part that says check drive speed It gives me drive speeds but they are still very slow I have no idea what to do The person that screwed it up is no where to be found or is avoiding me I have call his phone What is the answer

A:Very slow burning speed on nero ultra 7 ?

The same problem happened to me on Nero 8 on the other pc about a week ago. But no one had touched the computer (I mean, the computer was being used for normal use)

I have to try and re install nero and see what happens

If there is any fix for this pls tell us.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250447/very-slow-burning-speed-on-nero-ultra-7/
Relevancy 52.03%

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13200

the great benchmarking tool CD-DVD Speed, by Erik Deppe is up and ready for download! We use this software in our optical drive reviews to check among other things: Transfer rate, Seek times, CPU load, Burst rate, DAE (Digital Audio Extraction) quality & Spinup/spindown time. It can also check the CD and DVD media quality.

What's new in this version:

Added seperate Create Disc function with following improvements
buffer level display, both graphically and numerically
CPU usage display, both graphically and numerically
Added option to set priority
Added options button on main screen
Greatly improved image burning engine
Added menu shortcuts for burning image file
Improved erase function
Disc Quality Test
Added 1x, 2x, 4x, 6x CLV and 8x P-CAV speed settings for BenQ drives.
Enabled support for Pioneer drives
Small improvements and bug fixes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-cd-dvd-speed-4-50-improved-image-burning.450692/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Gateway PC that came with Nero factory installed, but I don't think it is the full version. Is there a way to change the default burn speed in this lesser version? It is burning too fast and causing any video files to pixelize and/or freeze up for periods of time. I am going to buy the full version as soon as possible, but want to fix the settings on this version in the interim.

Relevancy 52.03%

When I go to burn a cd in Nero 5.5, I can't set my burn speed any lower than 8x. I am using Memorex Music cd-r's, and they apparently aren't pleased with being burned at 8x, as they crackle badly on every cd player I try. However, they sound fine at 12x, it's just that most cd players don't want to read them at that speed. My burner is an Artec WRR-4848; I don't know what sets the burn speeds within Nero, if it is related to autodetecting something about the burner, but I checked for firmware updates and I have the newest version. This is all very frustrating, as I wanted to burn cd's as Christmas presents, and it is now February. It has been a struggle all the way, to say the least. I thank you in advance for any help you might offer.

A:(Solved) Burn speed problem in Nero

The burning speeds in Nero are based on the capabilities of your CD-R drive, Nero 5.5.10 allows me to burn at 4x, 8x. 12x, and 16x. My CD-RW drive is a 16x drive, so that makes perfect sense.

FWIW, I think you may have better luck changing the media brand, rather than trying to change the burning speed. I burn my music CD's at 8x and 12x, and they sound fine on any of my CD players.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burn-speed-problem-in-nero.116695/
Relevancy 51.6%

OK, on my laptop I have a amd turion 62x2 mobile chip, and windows xp says it's only running at 803mhz when it should be 1.6mhz.

Half the true speed so what is the problem do you guys think?

A:Does Windows Xp Have Trouble Reading Processor Speed For Laptops

My old Latitude C400 had a power conservation option in the BIOS which would dynamically change the CPU's speed depending on the system load, this would help the battery life somewhat. Check you manual and the BIOS for such an option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84431/does-windows-xp-have-trouble-reading-processor-speed-for-laptops/
Relevancy 51.6%

OK I ve tried times and wasted CD-R s I m trying with Nero to burn a data CD just a bunch of jpg s and freeware I ve read that Burn Free the release as I ve heard the others contain spyware can cause conflicts so I uninstalled Burn Free I check the box for quot verify written data quot in Nero But I still get an error message after trying to Add Remove programs through Windoze Sorry to make this so long I just inserted the Data Cd I tried to burn quot Windows can perform the same action each time u insert a disk or connect a device with this kind Nero data not application disc...installation (Resolved) burnt found of file quot Pictures I select quot take no action quot Fast forward to quot Windows cannot find (Resolved) Nero burnt data disc...installation application not found the installation program quot I can Browse for the install program but I don t have the slightest idea where to look Any ideas I m running XP Home Thanks nbsp

A:(Resolved) Nero burnt data disc...installation application not found

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-nero-burnt-data-disc-installation-application-not-found.178922/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, guys.
I have 128mb of RAM but I forgot whether it is 100 or 133 mhz! Where can I find it?

Relevancy 50.31%

I'm booting off my SSD which is drive C:\ and I have games and programs on an extra hard drive which was origanally drive H:\ but after a restart it switched to I:\ and when I go into Disk Management to change it Drive H:\ isn't there.

A:Hard drive isnt allowed to change the correct drive letter

Hi KiityCancer,

What you say makes perfect sense. So, if a restart changed the drive letter to I, then H won't be there. Why not just leave it at I or is there more to this story...

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/21584-hard-drive-isnt-allowed-change-correct-drive-letter.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a 2.4 GHZ AMD and in my System Properties General Tab it shows that I have a 1.2 GHZ AMD. I havent noticed any performance difference but it is kinda annoying to me! How do I fix it and have it recognize a 2.4 GHZ processer?

Thanks!!

-DANO

A:[resolved] INcorrect CPU speed

Could you give a more details on your computer specs (e.g. mobo, ram, etc.). Is this a desktop or laptop? Have you checked your BIOS settings for cpu speed? The more info you give the better response you'll receive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-incorrect-cpu-speed-60608.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I purchased an asus motherboard and have a soundmax soundcard with up-todate drivers. They've been reinstalled over and over again and still no luck. What happens is when I run any mp3 player (Winamp, Kazaa, Windows Media Player), the MPEG, whether mp3 or movie file, operates at what seems 2x the normal speed. Other files such as WAV and MIDI run fine.
Nothing in the driver's software seems to have an option to reduce it.

This is what I have:
ASUS P4 2.53 Ghz
512MB DDR SDRAM
Soundmax Soundcard
GeForce4 MX 420 GFX Card (AGPx8)

If anyone could help or offer suggestions, please do so!
THANKS!!

A:(Resolved) MPEG's at 2x speed.. help!

Nevermind, did a quick search and found the answer on this forum.

Thanks a lot anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-mpegs-at-2x-speed-help.133320/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi again, I have just put a PIII 600MHz CPU on an ABIT BE6 II motherboard with 128Mb RAM, but using the soft menu (FSB 100 x 6)or the dipswitches it recognizes a PIII but only at 300MHz or 450MHz can anyone make sense of this. Apart from this i only have the power supply, a floppy drive, and a SIS AGP graphics card. Any answers would be appreciated. A friend who works in the network service at the college has looked at it and he can't make out what is going on.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Relevancy 49.45%

Please head me in the right direction to figure out what has happen to my computer speed. Everything is ok on the internet like changing places and looking up things, but when I open programs such as QuickPar or WinRar my computer usage goes to 100% in task manager and stays there causing these programs to take up to 5 times as long as they use to take. I've checked for spyware--nothing. Virus Scan--nothing. There must be something slowing my computer down that use to be quick. HELP!!

Paul

A:[resolved] Computer at a crawl speed--HELP!!

My guess is that you have some program(s) in the startup that are hogging it all up. Go to start>run>msconfig and click on the startup tab and search for any unnecessary programs that are starting up with windows. If you don't want to use msconfig, you can use this Startup Control Panel. Some programs which you can take off the startup are programs like realplayer's updater - programs that aren't necessary for the smooth operation of the system. Don't remove anything from the startup if you're unsure what it is. Either google the file name or post it on this thread and we'll help you determine how necessary it is.

In the task manager, do you notice any suspicious processes, like rebates.exe or webhelper.exe?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-computer-at-a-crawl-speed-help-54998.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I posted this previously with no responses, I am hoping that some suggestions will come in although I don't think there is an exact answer to this. I have been doing some tweaking to no avail, so if anyone has any suggestions on what might be causing this or had any experience with speed issues please give it a shot.

Okay, I have set up windows NT backoffice with two network cards, one is static ip local address and the other is dhcp served by the ISP dhcp server. I am running microsoft proxy server 2.0 with access control enabled and permissions set to everyone. I can't figure out why but the speed has dropped considerably, at some times almost unusable. This could be the ISP however I can't replicate the problem on windows 98 using winproxy. Any ideas at all wold be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Paul

Relevancy 49.45%

I thought I would try and transfer some LP`s on to CD.
The record level is Ok at 44bits and 16 but when I play
the sample back it is playing at twice the speed, and that
is with windows recorder, nero wave ed, cool edit and with
Creative Live PLat. By the way, I can hear it recording at
the correct speed. any help would be appreciated.
LENC

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there. I am using AIDA32 to gathter info on my system. It says my AGP is not enabled and that my current AGP speed is 4x. My mobo is an ASUS A7n8x delux. How can I verify my AGP speed and how do I set it at 8X since that is what my Video card supports? By the way my video card is MSI gf4 8x ti4200.
Please help. I suspect I am going to have to go into my BIOS and do some fiddling....

Please offer what advice you can..

Ct4033

Relevancy 48.59%

As I work on my son s computer I ll see if we can tweek mine too My computer is slow to load after a restart and when switching between users The McAfee Security System seems to really take a long time to load Anyway to teach a novice some things to tweak to speed things up Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at [Resolved] to Helpful increase speed tips PM on Platform [Resolved] Helpful tips to increase speed Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System devldr exe C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin DAMon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C ImageMate CompactFlash USB SandIcon Exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS System Yda exe C WINDOWS System Ehzpv W exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe c PROGRA mcafee com mps mscifapp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe A HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cox-internet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run AHQInit C Program Files Creative SBLive Program AHQInit exe O - HKLM Run Dell Alert C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin DAMon exe O - HKLM Run SandIcon C ImageMate CompactFlash USB SandIcon Exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run MPSExe C Program Files McAfee com MPS mscifapp exe embedding O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe O - HKLM Run LRX W X T MQ C WINDOWS System Wdj exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger HKLM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF Yahoo Blackjack - http download games yahoo com games clients y jt x cab O - DPF Yahoo Chat - http us chat yimg ... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

my computer takes ages to boot up and my mouse icon jus becomes invisible when i open certain programs at certain times...for example opening a firefox browser....what is wrong with my computer???

A:extremely slow boot up speed..(RESOLVED)

Possibly your system is infected with some type of malware/spyware.
Plz look over the
First Steps at Removing Malware

Also Download and install: HiJackThis

Create an uninstall list:

* Open HiJackThis
* Click on the button " Open the Misc Tools section"
* Click on the Box that says "Open Uninstall Manager"
* Click on the button "Save list"
* Copy and past the List from the notepad file into this thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/extremely-slow-boot-up-speed-resolved-129474.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am using a windows xp sp and a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H N cd dvd driveThe problem is my cd drive installation ? and contents xp of drive reading format drive c cd does not disk just is sometimes detecting the contents of a cd and sometimes not I am not even able to find the cd drive not reading contents of disk and does xp installation just format c drive ? pattern because the same cd when i insert it into the drive at times it shows the content and at times not I want to format only my C drive using the windows xp cd But the problem is when i am trying to boot from the cd the os is not able read from cd I checked the bios boot priority configuration and it is set to cd dvd first what is the other way of format my c drive other than by booting from cd i copied all the contents of the quot windows xp installation disk quot onto my usb flash drive and wanted to setup windows xp when i double clicked on quot setup exe quot i was able to go to the blue screen which had options of quot collecting information dynamic update preparing installation installing windows finalizing installation quot the problem is it has not asked me whether to just format c or format c d e drives what will happen if i go ahead and format will i lose all my data in d e f drives also or by default it just formats c drive even if it does not ask us I am actually facing all these problems bcos my pc is not booting from my cd Please help me with answers thank you

A:cd drive not reading contents of disk and does xp installation just format c drive ?

Hi,

When this happens can you eject the cd? When it doesn't read it does it still sound like it is being read in the cd drive?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418371/cd-drive-not-reading-contents-of-disk-and-does-xp-installation-just-format-c-drive/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am going to be buying a new computer in the near future and was wondering if backups, file copying, and defragging will speed up very much?

It seems like that at some point, the drives would not be able to keep up with the processor and faster processors would not be needed for many or even most applications.

I am using a 1 ghz Pentium 3 computer now and am going to get a new 3 ghz computer next.

Also, recently, I read an article about the new dual core Intel chips and that sounds like something that I would like but do not know if they are out yet, and if so, do not know what they are called.

A:Processor speed vs hard drive speed

The main point of having a faster processor is that it runs games smoother, compresses audio and video faster, and so on. These tasks are not particularly dependent on hard disk performance. Nearly all applications will benefit from a faster processor regardless of the speed of the hard disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-vs-hard-drive-speed.372071/
Relevancy 47.3%

Haven t been here in a while so I tried searching for solutions to this problem and couldn t quite find any that matched my situation Drive DVD! CD DVD CD Reading not but Working! Drive R/RW Suddenly Stopped A few results came close but DVD Drive Reading CD but not DVD! CD R/RW Drive Suddenly Stopped Working! no cigar Anyway here s my problem My DVD drive just won t read DVDs It reads CDs just fine but just won t recognize DVDs I ve had this drive for a long time now and haven t really had a reason to try a DVD-ROM until recently since Elder Scrolls Oblivion was released All I can really add is that it WAS an e-machines desktop until I replaced the CPU mobo vid card and RAM long time ago I ve filled in my specs where they should be filled in so feel free to check em if you need to My second problem is that my CD R RW drive suddenly stopped working after my sister burnt a CD I was making one for her boyfriend immediately after and it just refused to work from there on Any help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

A:DVD Drive Reading CD but not DVD! CD R/RW Drive Suddenly Stopped Working!

lets troubleshoot:

- Update firmwares/drivers/Winupdates
- check teh media for physical damages (scratches etc)
- try burning with a CD-RW to test its not a bad CD batch you got
- disable all third party burning software (nero, roxio etc) and try test with WinXP's cd burning software
- open up the pc and check cables and such connected properly, reseat if needed
- try on another pc
- try this thread : http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=262352
- how long have you had it in service? it may have well died out...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-reading-cd-but-not-dvd-cd-r-rw-drive-suddenly-stopped-working.46880/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am putting together a computer using parts that I have lying around. Both hdd's are sata, one dvd drive is sata and the other is ide. My question is what are the correct settings for the ide dvd drive. Please help, have searched the internet for days, with no luck tying to find answer. Please help, as this is really starting to get on my nerves. Thank you, rftech

A:what are the correct settings for the ide dvd drive

What are you talking about, just plug the data cord into the motherboard and plug the power connector into the dvd drive. That`s all you have to do.

Explain what else you mean if you`re still having problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289373-what-correct-settings-ide-dvd-drive.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Can someone explain why the storage capacity of my C drive is one tenth of the total storage capacity of the entire hard drive.  I bought this computer about 3 weeks ago with specs as follows: 6th generation Intel Core i7-6700 processor24GB DDR4 system memory2TB hard drive128GB SATA Solid State Drive Now when I go to "Settings", click on "Systems" and then on "Storage", it shows the following: This PC ( C: )61.3 GB used out of 119 DATADRIVE1 ( D: )306.7 MB used out of 1.81 TB I have downloaded less than 1 GB of programs. This seems rediculous to have the C drive with such little storage space. Is this right or is there something wrong. This is how it came out of the box. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Are-my-partitions-C-drive-and-D-drive-correct/td-p/5608404
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an 8GB hard drive, and I recently formated it and then reinstalled windows 98. Anyway, when I go into My Computer and click on my hard drive, C:/, it says I have only 50mb of free space. I selected all of the files in my hard drive and I only have 2mb installed. So why does it say I have only 50mb free, instead of 6gb? All my aplications have memory requirements in order to run (I need 500mb or so to run them - you know virtual memory and such), but I can't run any of them because of this problem. What is wrong? Thanks in advance. Kaleb.

A:Hard drive space not correct

Well, I checked my drive for errors and that fixed it, so I am ok now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-space-not-correct.44855/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey everyone Long time listener first time caller I have a quick question about booting from a new drive I just installed an SSD with the intention of copying Windows Correct Not Booting Drive From my system Windows Not Booting From Correct Drive files over from my old standard HD and using the new one exclusively to boot off of using this old guide and despite a couple of hiccups the whole process has gone smoothly Now I'm at the stage where everything is copied to the new hard drive but when I go into the BIOS and change the boot order the computer still wants to boot from the old drive So basically my question is is this normal When I start up normally Windows Not Booting From Correct Drive I can see the new drive GB and the old drive TB but it appears that Windows is running off of the old drive which is still reading as the C drive Furthermore when I either unplug the old drive or set the BIOS to only boot from the new drive I get a quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key quot message upon startup I'm pretty sure it should change the new drive to the C drive once I format my old drive and I have everything backed up in multiple places so I shouldn't be too worried but I just want to be extra paranoid about my data and make sure nothing catastrophic happens before I do the any formatting Any help or clarification would be appreciated thanks in advance

A:Windows Not Booting From Correct Drive

Please post a screen shot of Windows Disk Management that shows all partitions on all drives.

Was your "standard HD" connected to your motherboard when you installed Windows on the new SSD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397142-windows-not-booting-correct-drive.html
Relevancy 46.44%

After updating Vista Home 32bit to the latest update, my DVD burner has stopped working. I have tried to delete the upper and lower filters but that does not work. Instead of the correct hl-dt-st dvdram gsa-t20n DVD drive, the drive is now labeled as DMDINWJ PIZ0DERK5EB SCSI CdRom Device. Once out of about 20 restarts, the dvd drive actually worked and allowed me to burn a dvd but once I restarted the next time, it went back to not working. I have tried uninstalling the dvd drive and IDE channels but that does not work either. System restore didn't work either. Any other suggestions that I should try???? BTW, I have a HP DV9700 if that helps any. Thanks for any and all help!!

A:CDrom.sys not recognizing correct drive

Use system restore to go back 3 days before the updates. Then see if everything works again, it should. Then post for the next step.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/282707-cdrom-sys-not-recognizing-correct-drive.html