Windows Support Forum

can't listen to music online

Q: can't listen to music online

What would be something to check, if you can listen to cds but not music online. Whether we open windows media player, or browse to a favorite radio station's site to listen live, we can't listen. There are no errors, it connects, buffers and looks to be playing, but there's no sound. The speakers are on and work, because we can stop and listen to a cd. I don't see any mute that is on.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,

p51

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: can't listen to music online

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 24.51%

AMD's upcoming Radeon 300 series graphics cards may end up being rebadged 200 series cards with minor tweaks but it's not all bad news for gamers. WCCFtech has it on good authority (they're confident enough to drop the "rumor" tag...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon 300 series graphics card pricing leaks online

Rebrands or no, that extra memory will put some pressure on NVIDIA's lower end cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-300-series-graphics-card-pricing-leaks-online.213820/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys, I am going on holiday in early June and am looking for a way to listen to music while I'm in the pool as I plan to spend a lot of time doing so.
The way I can see it is that I have two options:

Buy a waterproof case and waterproof headphones
buy a waterproof MP3 player all-in-one.
Obviously each option has it's flaws - otherwise I wouldn't be there.
Even if I buy a waterproof case how can I be sure that even though there is a waterproof case, where it contacts with waterproof earphones will be waterproof as 'waterproof' to some sellers just means rain-proof.
The problem with the all in ones like the Sony Waterproof Walkman is that they are very expensive for very little space, the 4GB alone being 50 and 8GB is 80.

Does anyone have experience in the matter, anything they can recommend, preferably I'd like to use my phone in a case for my 32GB MicroSD card, but whatever works I guess.

Cheers guys.

A:How can I listen to music whilst swimming?

:big grin: My wife JUST purchase a waterproofed iPad Shuffle from waterfi.com

website is very descriptive and the device is AS Advertised - - she's very happy with it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-listen-to-music-whilst-swimming.201909/
Relevancy 25.37%

When I play windows media player or any other mp3 player my pc begins to slow down a lot and mouse stutters and my internet webpage closes :/ any help please?

I've posted my IRQ

A:When I play music my PC starts to slow down and mouse stutters

What are your system specs?

Some possible solutions: Make sure Windows is up to date. Try updating your sound driver (post your system specs and I will show you how to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-play-music-my-pc-starts-to-slow-down-and-mouse-stutters.200950/
Relevancy 24.51%

Advise please online store with comfortable (logical works and gives tips) and beautiful (imageable already assembled system unit) assistant (step by step wizzard) on the compilation of components for the PC. Interested logic operation, the system prompts and visualization method. Thanks in advance.

A:Advise please online store with comfortable and beautiful wizzard to assemble components

I don't know of a PC part picker wizard, unless you count Dell/Apple custom builds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advise-please-online-store-with-comfortable-and-beautiful-wizzard-to-assemble-components.199639/
Relevancy 24.94%

So, Youtube and other sites work, but with certain embedded video players, clicking the fullscreen button does nothing. The video just remains windowed. This has been a problem for awhile now, and I have been unable to find a solution anywhere, as nobody seems to share my issue. I run Firefox, and have an HP Pavilion laptop. I will upload a screenshot of one of the players that does not work.
Also, I tried disabling hardware acceleration and had no luck.

RE
It is not the website lacking the required code for fullscreen, because this happens on any website running one of these players, and they used to work fine for me.

A:Fullscreen button not working with online videos

Other than the video being stretched on my 16:10 display, I had no issues w/ the playback on IE10 & FF26. Have you tried updating Flash plugin, if not the latest, to see if that fixes your problem? Do you have the same problem w/ IE?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fullscreen-button-not-working-with-online-videos.199491/
Relevancy 24.94%

I use google drive as my primary online backup, can anyone suggest a second good online backup service which is both
SECURE and FREE?

that way if google loses my data it's still on a second server and my harddrive.
thanks

A:Any recommendations for secure online backup service?

None are secure and free. You can pay, but then your 'security' is still not 100% guarantee'd.

But, be assured, Dropbox/Google/Microsoft aren't going to lose your data ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-secure-online-backup-service.198239/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a champion ups it has suddenly stopped working. The ups turns on but I am unable to turn on my pc but when I turn the outlet switch off I am able turn on the PC in backup mode. I was able to boot and shut down the PC. The ups works in backup mode but somehow refuses to supply power when in online mode. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ups-works-in-backup-mode-but-not-in-online-mode.197973/
Relevancy 25.37%

I recently just put a new gpu and motherboard evereything was working fine but I had a few issues. I took it to the shop and they fixed it. when I tried to run any online games my fps would be horrible but offline it would be fantastic. I am using the same connection/router I used before, before I was having no issues but since I got it back online games are unplayable my gpu is a gtx 780 and my cpu is a i7 2600k.

A:Low FPS in online games but my connection is fine

You may not have the latest LAN drivers for your motherboard. Go to the manufacturer's website and update them, and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-fps-in-online-games-but-my-connection-is-fine.196863/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a decently built gaming tower with a outta windows experience score that plays offline games great but on my online games other offline FPS fps online 60 Games, Low with than SW TOR and GW my FPS s drop to around ten or less here are my specs Component Details Subscore Base score Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor Determined by lowest subscore Memory RAM GB Graphics ATI Radeon HD Series Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model GA- FXA-UD Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Disk partition D GB Free GB Total Media drive E CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD Series Total available graphics memory Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Primary monitor Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline resolution x DirectX version DirectX Network Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Network Adapter Realtek RTL n Wireless LAN Mini- PCI NIC Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Any idea on how to improve it nbsp

A:Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline

It sounds to me like you've got yourself some good old lag

The way to improve it would be to upgrade your internet connection to a faster plan, and possibly acquire a new modem/router if the one you have is not up to the task.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-fps-with-online-games-60-fps-offline.194510/
Relevancy 25.8%

I don t see a good spot to put this in the forums so this is where I am starting Issue Brand new Alienware Aurora-R Can t update or run Steam can t connect to play wizard can t connect to login server for DC Universe Online It isn t the firewall Norton My laptop did and still does work properly all around This desktop is connected via ethernet which could have something to do with it since it isn t wireless I am utterly stumped I ran many scans and found no answers Dell support Can't play any online games is via phones only and everyone knows how awesome their english is Ill Can't play any online games use them if I must Here is a dxdiag report ------------------ Can't play any online games System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DESKTOP-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Alienware System Model Aurora-R BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS A DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Dell U HM Digital Monitor Model DELL U HM Monitor Id DELD Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- C - CF- C - CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x A DE Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev amp subsys a de Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Fr... Read more

A:Can't play any online games

Someone on another site mentioned this:
"
Are either of you using NVidia onboard lan connections?

If so, have you disabled the now infamous checksum offloading?"

No idea how to checkf or this but that might help? I don't know.

One more thing:

It has these alienware programs too which might be doing something:

AlienAutopsy
Alien Command Center
AlienAdrenaline
AlienFusion
AlienFX Controller

Update:

I installed the game Rift and it plays as it should. I don't know why this is different than the previously stated programs, but apparently it is. Those programs still can't connect.

Also, I ran safe mode with networking and they couldn't connect in that either. At least, steam and wizard101 couldn't. DC Universe Online couldn't run withought the graphics card.

Anyone have any idea at all? I'm soooo bummed right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-play-any-online-games.189671/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I've recently ordered a new PC and it should be here in a week. I'm a gamer and I like to write music and will finally be able to record with my new system. I'm just lacking a sound card. So basically I'm looking for a card that will be awesome for gaming and music. Any suggestions out there? I know I will need a PCI-E card. I'm looking to spend $150-200. Any help would be much appreciated

A:Sound card for gaming and making music

This is probably the best one out there: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132010

That is the best of both worlds. There is a better card for gaming, but the Essence above is much better for creating music and phenomenal for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-gaming-and-making-music.191256/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello I have a three games a are all All of sudden lagging online year old ASUS gaming laptop with Windows GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX M video card I noticed a problem when I could no longer All online games are lagging all of a sudden play Mass Effect multiplayer online without considerable lag The last time this happened I was having CPU spikes but that was fixed This time none of that is happening when All online games are lagging all of a sudden I am having lag I tried lowering the graphics settings and updating my graphics card and doing windows updates with only very minor improvement When I have tried playing games such as Left for Dead Orcs Must Die and Diablo online through Steam and Origin I keep losing connection and getting booted out of games It happened last night and I couldn t make it through a game without getting kicked off My internet connection itself is fine and I haven t experienced any lag when just surfing the web I haven t tried youtube yet though I don t understand why it s doing this all of a sudden The only thing that I have downloaded in the past couple of weeks was Quicktime and Java because I am in grad school and one of my professors keeps posting lectures via Quicktime I really would like to be able to fix this with your help and not have to take it in if possible I m a poor college student and I just want to play Mass Effect with my boyfriend nbsp

A:All online games are lagging all of a sudden

Hi there RayRay,

It might help to download the latest wireless drivers for your laptop. I'm sure if you go to the ASUS website for your specific laptop, there will be a download section where you can download drivers. Look if you can find one for your Ethernet (LAN) port if you are connecting via cable to the internet, or one for your wireless one. Let me know if this is any help.

From a fellow poor university student

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-online-games-are-lagging-all-of-a-sudden.190165/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am trying to play Rise of Nations online. I can play a solo game without a problem, but am unable to connect to online games. I think the problem may be that my external IP address can't be pinged (externally). I have a Linksys WRT160 router, Comcast is my internet provider, and I have set up Port Range Forwarding on the Gaming tab of the router, but so far, that hasn't worked. Any ideas?

A:Can't connect online Rise of Nations

What about your firewall you use on your PC? Have you open the ports for what you need to use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-online-rise-of-nations.189132/
Relevancy 24.94%

My computer wiz of a brother moved across country! Im not a computer wiz but can follow instructions well! IF anyone would like to guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it! thank you!

He can get wireless signal, and at times access the internet for a few minutes, then he is booted again! My brother suggested we install Chrome for him, did so last night! Now I receive messages server cant be found, bc the DNS lookup failed!

A:Trouble getting father's computer online wirelessly! DNS look up failed!

It's not a browser issue - - it's the TCP settings

get a command prompt (btw which version of windows?)

enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

on your follow-up, attach the file myTCP.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-getting-fathers-computer-online-wirelessly-dns-look-up-failed.189000/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hiya all Recently I noticed my FPS in online gaming dropped to FPS I had to close game in online 4 FPS the game client and re-open it again for it to go away After that I 4 FPS in online game had only FPS My laptop is getting very slow and sometimes the system hangs too most often when I use multiple programs The hardware is not damaged I know this for a fact because it never fell nor bumped I remember when I first bought this laptop year ago I had no speed problems and the MMORPG I mentioned above also ran smoothly with maximal graphic settings Now I get around - FPS with lowest graphic settings Things I already did Full CHKDSK Defragmentation Full on-boot virus scan with Avast Full clean with CCleaner temp files and registery Removed all unnecessary rarely used programs I have a dxdiag results report ready in case you guys need it General system specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System Model SATELLITE C D- G BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAMClick to expand Thanks in advance nbsp

A:4 FPS in online game

You could be running out of memory, depending on what you have going on.

What resolution are you playing at on this laptop? Also how high are your graphical settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-fps-in-online-game.187700/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello Everyone,
Okay I'm on Facebook and well I like to play Farmville,CityVille however when I play these games it sticks and lags when I move around...I know it's not my Broadband as I'm getting 7.5mb
What factors would it come down to?
My CPU is stuck at 100% when I play these online games?
Any ideas please. Thank you!

MY COMPUTER SPECS:

ME PLAYING FARMVILLE AND MY CPU IS AT 100%!

A:Poor performance in online games

Upgrade ur processor dude go for the higher version of the processor the amd semptron is for normal browsing the browser needs good processor to run

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-performance-in-online-games.186152/
Relevancy 25.37%

Audio playback on all online videos has random buzzing stuttering interrupts that last - seconds This happens only on this Toshiba Laptop It is not happening on any of the other PCs in this office I have tried to upload a sample demo of when viewing online Audio bad videos the problem but I was not allowed to do so through this forum s upload button I have it available if someone can explain the process for posting this mp file Also I took the laptop home and it has the same problem there as Audio bad when viewing online videos well In both office and home the internet is a wireless connection with plenty of bandwidth at both offices There is no problem playing videos or audio from this machine whether from the HD or from the office network Just from internet alone added late I forgot to mention that the video portion also stutters at the same time as the audio messes up And if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio My machine info Model Name Satellite P D S Part Number PSPHJU- J Serial Number OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIOS Version V CPU AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Mobile M Physical Memory MB RAM Hard Disk Capacity Byte GB Hard Disk Free Space Capacity Byte GB Video AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD version Screen Resolution x Pixels Color Quality True Color Bit Sound Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio version Network Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC version MAC Address A A F EC Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS version MAC Address E B Modem None Internet Explorer IDE Device TOSHIBA MK GSX ATA Device HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT F ATA Device FW version ET nbsp

A:Audio bad when viewing online videos

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed. Does this occur on all browsers? Do you have any plug-ins running or audio codec's installed? You could even go as far as checking to make sure your video drivers are all up to date.

if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering, it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio!Click to expand...

When this happens. Does the computer it self freeze or just the video?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-bad-when-viewing-online-videos.181456/
Relevancy 25.8%

Does anyone have an opinion on a free, good, and easy to use web site for storage and back up of all my home PC files online?

A:Online data storage?

http://mozy.com/
or
http://www.carbonite.com/en/

Carbonite is better in my opinion, especially for small business backup. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/online-data-storage.179378/
Relevancy 26.23%

I ve got a client s computer that won t get online Things I ve tried Several Different browsers IE Chrome Firefox Also tried to update Malwarebytes Checked LAN settings It s set to automatically detect TCP IP settings are set to obtain IP address automatically and obtain DNS server automatically I tested it at the clients site and at my router as well which I know is working so I know it s not the router modem I scanned and removed any malware with updated Spybot Tried running in safe mode with networking still didn t work Pinging www google com Can't get online gets a request time out Pinging one of google s ip addresses also gets a request time out Pinging loopback is successful sent received Ipconfig release ipconfig renew sfc scannow didn t find anything In services DHCP client and DNS client services are running Everything in Device manager looks clear even when I choose quot show hidden devices quot One thing I noticed in the Local Area Connection Status is that packets are being sent and received Right now it says about bytes sent and bytes received quot Diagnose connection problems quot in IE gets me quot Windows cannot find the Can't get online host name quot www google com quot using DNS quot quot Diagnose quot in local area connection status gets me quot Cannot Can't get online communicate with DNS server quot Any ideas nbsp

A:Can't get online

it could be your modem is bad i have had this problem before try get a new one form ur internet provider

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-online.178663/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey, I've been struggling trying to find out what I should use to increase my WiFi connection so I can play games like TF2 and Garry's Mod. I know, WiFi is terrible for online gaming, but I don't have too much other choices. I can't move my router and I'm using a desktop, not a laptop, so I cannot simply move my computer (I also can't move it due to the lack of space in my house).

Anyways, I was wondering whether I should get a wireless repeater or a wireless adapter. I've somewhat singled it down to two different products (one a repeater and one an adapter) and just wanted to know if they were any good or if someone could suggest one for me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...17145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B004NBL9WK

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Amped+W...pter/4360379.p?id=1218475609100&skuId=4360379

A:Online gaming via Wi-Fi

Why don't you try powerline adapters? Their bandwidth throughput is about the same as Wireless G, but they're definitely better with regards to your ping because you get far fewer dropped packets which means lag would be drastically reduced. Check out these. And click here to learn more about the technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/online-gaming-via-wi-fi.178264/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all mrs got a toshiba satelite and on wireless and even through ethernet we keep getting message when trying to connect to the internet saying re dialling or re connecting what could be the cause of this . is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all

A:Toshiba Satellite keeps saying reconnecting/dialling when I try to go online

Could be anything... model, age, setup, operating system... need for a re-installed or upgraded driver, hard drive failing, defective component... defective wireless modem... wireless device that is too close to a wall or other interference...
First, you might try downloading and re-installing the drivers... then try installing another hard drive, if you have one handy... That will be one way to test your current installation...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-keeps-saying-reconnecting-dialling-when-i-try-to-go-online.177128/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok, I am about to setup a server used for file syncing and an online db (like SQLite or something?) anyway, I also wanna have Fedora running on it..

I guess I can just get any server and install what I want + make it do what I want it to do, but what server(s) and/or system specs should I be specifically looking at for doing those things better than other servers?

A:File sync + online DB buying advice

Depends. Do you actually need a server?

Are we talking about a dedicated server in a datacenter, or are you building a server at home/work and using it connected to the internet there?

You need to tell us what you want to do with the server. If its a dedicated server, what do you plan to do with it? Monthly bandwidth, unique visitor numbers, number of sites, etc.

For homeserver, again, what is your intended usage. Your current post is far too vague to give any realistic answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sync-online-db-buying-advice.177063/
Relevancy 24.94%

Having dredged the internet, I came across this forum amongst the many with questions relating to cd drives working but dvd not etc, but my issue is slightly different, i think.

CDs seem to play ok, and so do DVDs, but I seem to have a problem with my laptop reading a disc with DS games on it that it used to read no problem. The discs can be used in my other half's laptop, so it is clearly a problem with my laptop.

I'd appreciate if anyone could advise where I can start to solve this problem

A:Music and video play on laptop CD/DVD drive but not data files

You need to have the CD/DVD drive replaced. Internal lasers fail in strange ways. The drives are not too expensive and they are easy to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-and-video-play-on-laptop-cd-dvd-drive-but-not-data-files.175583/
Relevancy 24.94%

Heya i ve downloaded and tried to play the following online games Allods Shaiya Runes of Magic Lotro Everytime I downloaded each game and tried to connect to any of their servers it would always come up with a connection or client timeout error of some sort I m not sure if it has anything to do with my internet connection because recently I downloaded and played the beta for SWTOR online on my old crap vista laptop which is about years old Apart from very very low fps due to a terrible video card my swtor online servers unable game to connect Laptop to connection was perfect I also Laptop unable to connect to online game servers downloaded the swtor beta on my new laptop and after finishing the massive game download it came up with a data error though I can t remember what it was perhaps it is also related to my current problem My current IP is WIC New Zealand and doesn t have ethernet ports on modem Laptop specs WIndows -bit Home premium Service pack Toshiba Processor Intel Core i - CPU GHz GHz Ram GB Thats the basic information If you need anything else please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop unable to connect to online game servers

hi bunny 15405 welcome to TS
just quick idea here yhu dont have a firewall blocking the connections to their servers to yhu?

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-unable-to-connect-to-online-game-servers.174944/
Relevancy 26.23%

As a part time DJ i spend a lot of time playing the same laptop a Recording music from music in the same order so i was thinking what if i Recording music from a laptop could just sit down and record the tracks that i play Recording music from a laptop directly into one Recording music from a laptop big MP and then it would save me having to load and cue each track I use a program called ClubDJ Pro its a twin deck system with a predefined playlist i can usually just load a playlist and tell it to cross fade during the last quot X quot seconds of the song X being a set time between and seconds However i find some songs have an extended silence at the end that can when i first played them mess up the auto cross fade facility and as anyone will tell you silence is deadly when your doing DJ ing So is there a program i can use to either record directly from my program or use another PC or laptop to record onto i assume i would use the earphone out on one to the Line In socket on the other PC Laptop and then record onto that It would be good as it then means i can use different mixes of my own nbsp

A:Recording music from a laptop

you might use WavePad Sound Editor to remove the trailing silence

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recording-music-from-a-laptop.174560/
Relevancy 25.8%

My speakers are Logitech Surround Speaker Z506 and motherboard gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3.

I havent got a soundcard but I'm wondering why i cant use 5.1? and what sort of plugins/codecs i need for it? it used to work for my old machine using realtek HD and all 5 speakers work but for some reason my newer machine doesnt work, anyone can help or lead me to find a solution?

A:Speakers not using 5.1 when watching/listening to movies/music

What media player are you using and does it support Dolby 5.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-not-using-5-1-when-watching-listening-to-movies-music.174538/
Relevancy 25.8%

Looking for the best headphones for gaming and music... Noise canceling preferred so I can use them in a work environment also. Planning on spending no more than $100. Don't need a mic I can just use a separate one.
What do you guys think?
Thanks!

A:Choosing the best headphones? (gaming/music)

I'm considering using a few more dollars to get the Audio-Technica ATH-A700's, hmm what do you guys think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-the-best-headphones-gaming-music.171298/
Relevancy 24.94%

DMA is enabled...

The sound is synced to the voices, but the music seems to be playing slowly. Like in slow motion.

Have tried playing with several different audio players... VLC (VLC default codecs) and k-lite codecs as well...

Any suggestions?

Thanks much..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voices-fine-but-music-playing-in-slow-motion-during-dvd-playback.167687/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello i just recently installed Uncharted Waters Online onto my laptop and while it works fine on my desktop, when i went to play it on my laptop i noticed that there wasnt any music or sound that was being played. When i went back to my settings in the start screen i noticed that my audio options were greyed out.

I went into my sound settings and changed them from IDT to ATI HD and that didnt seem to fix the problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I can give specs if you need them.

A:Uncharted Waters Online, no sound

Any luck with this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uncharted-waters-online-no-sound.164372/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with vista and every time i try to play a song from my external hdd i get an error message that says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set associations control panel.

A:Unable to play music from external HDD

This is the normal instruction for setting up a file association.

1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, typing "default programs" and then clicking Default Programs in the pop up list.
2. Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
This opens a list of extensions.
3. Choose the extension of the files that you wish to open then click on change program button.
4. Select the program you wish to associate the file with and click Ok.

If you have already done this try right clicking on the file and selecting open with then choose the player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-play-music-from-external-hdd.162582/
Relevancy 25.8%

I switched from an ATI 5850 card to an AMD 6970 card recently. I play mainly Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online and EVE Online.

The 6970 caused problems with both games (white streaks, not being able to read chats, etc...) and the 5850 works perfectly.

Why?

A:Why the problem with online gaming?

Can you provide any information on what youve tried?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-the-problem-with-online-gaming.162294/
Relevancy 24.94%

So last week i jumped online to watch a clip on the BBC website and as i clicked play my screen froze for about seconds the screen then proceeded to turn black - displaying quot entering power save quot The PC still runs i can hear it and see the power lights on etc I thought it had something to do with the video card but reading through several of you threads i deduced that if this were the case then the issue would apply to all video clips games played I know very little about PC s i may be wrong But this issue does not occur when i play games nor does it occur when i play movies on vlc media player or on sopcast or any other external video application Only when i am in a browser does this happen I have tried reinstalling my browsers i mainly use chrome and firefox as well as explorer I downloaded Safari just to see whether it would somehow avoid the problem But it doesn t I would really appreciate some thoughts Its frustrating not being able to stream watch online Cheers nbsp

A:My Dell monitor goes black only when watching videos online

yaniktissera said:

So, last week i jumped online to watch a clip on the BBC website, and as i clicked play, my screen froze for about 5 seconds, the screen then proceeded to turn black - displaying "entering power save".Click to expand...

Try turning off your power saver mode:
(o/s XP this is mine yours may be similar)
-> right click your mouse button when the mouse is on open desk top space
-> navigate to "Properties"
-> select "Screen Saver"
-> in the lower portion of the window there is the "Monitor Power" section and select "Power" button
-> at the heading "Turn Monitor Off" from the drop down menu select "Never"
-> click "Apply"
-> click "Ok"
Hope this helps
-> Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-monitor-goes-black-only-when-watching-videos-online.161633/
Relevancy 25.37%

I purchased a refurbished HP blank DVD-R on music not 11 Windows Player will Media burn DC Core Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Duo E GHz with a DVD -RW drive I am able to write music to a blank DVD-R using ImgBurn but Windows Media Player and will only write to a blank CD-R It will playback the DVD-R that I create on ImgBurn The DVD Device is HL-DT-ST Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R DVD RAM GH L The Operating System is XP Pro I had to purchase a DVD Decoder from Roxio in order to play a DVD movie in Windows Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Media Player Is there something else that I need to purchase to write music on a blank DVD-R Or is there some setting that needs to be changed Someone suggested that WMP does not write to DVD-Rs but I have WMP on a PC with Vista and it writes to a blank DVD-R with no problem I wrote to the DVD-R on the Vista PC and I was able to read it on the XP Pro PC I just cannot write it on the XP Pro According to Microsoft WMP is supposed to write an audio file to a Data Disk nbsp

A:Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R

1. I would check current firmware version for the DVD and look for a firmware update
> Use Nero Infotool to see current drive info incl. firmversion and look if updates available

2. See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

3. You might also try a DVD+R disc

/* EDIT */
Oh! i also just noticed you posted in the Introduce Yourself forum. Next time please post in the forum for topic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-11-will-not-burn-music-on-blank-dvd-r.160814/
Relevancy 24.94%

Well when I run an online game (Runescape) it runs quite good until it freezes for 1-2 seconds, then goes back to normal. It does this every 5-10 minutes and causes me alot of problems.

My laptop is fairly new and I have just re-installed Vista, but the specs are:

- Processer - (Intel Pentium Dual 1.73 GHz)
- RAM - (2G)

From looking at my processor and RAM it looks like the game should be running fine, and when I try and run the game in high detail it just lags completely, please help I've been looking everywhere for this solution!

A:My laptop lags when playing an online game!

Do you have antivirus software installed? Try disabling that during gameplay, or at the very least disable auto-updates as a test. Same goes for windows updates. Also, close any other windows and programs you aren't using before playing, it might make a difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-lags-when-playing-an-online-game.157374/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi (budgeted) from music a Recommendations new recording building scratch computer for I would like to put together a computer with these software requirements in mind for reason record Intel P AMD Athlon XP at GHz or better multiple cores highly recommended GB RAM or more DVD drive GB free hard disk space Record may use up to GB cache disk space Windows XP SP Vista or later I currently have XP and would do Windows but I really don t care for Vista please don t figure in to the total and yes I will be getting a legal copy I would like to go the cheapest route Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music which I imagine would be building from scratch If I can stay under dollars that s Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music be best although spending a little more for a really nice system that will be good for a few years is favorable I found this as a starting point and would like to know the thoughts from the inside The only additional information I have is I have TB s that are waiting for a home Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music so I m not worried about storage and also the quieter the better as everything helps while recording Thank you very much in advance - Dinvex nbsp

A:Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music

You can do better with your budget. I recommend this:

AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - $57.99 + free shipping
GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 AM3\AM2+\AM2 AMD 740G mATX AMD Motherboard - $53.99 ($51.99 with M-Club discount) + variable shipping depending on location
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit - $75.99 + $0.99 shipping
NZXT Beta EVO Chassis - CS-NT-BETA-EVO - $53.99 + free shipping
SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W ATX12V V2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - OEM - $39.99 + $8.57 shipping
ASUS Xonar DX PCI-E Sound Card - $79.99 ($59.99 after $20 MIR) + free shipping
Grand Total = ~$380, not considering rebates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-building-a-new-budgeted-computer-from-scratch-for-recording-music.154550/
Relevancy 25.8%

i was watching some videos online and i tried to mute sounds from all the other stuff i was using at the tim and now i go back to my spotify and its says it cant play music because there is a problem with the sound card what do i do?

A:Spotify won't play music because of a problem with my sound?

Can you take a screen shot of the actual error message and post it? You might just have to re-install the sound card driver, but who knows you haven't given enough info yet to give you a good answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spotify-wont-play-music-because-of-a-problem-with-my-sound.155625/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I play alot of fps games. I was thinking of using my phone to connect to the internet on my laptop when im on the move. But my data plan is only 500mb. How much bandwidth do games like Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2 use typically. I'm talking just unmodded vanilla servers. Will the 500mb be sufficient to play games on the odd occasion? Please note I rarely if ever use any of it on my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/use-phone-for-online-games.153514/
Relevancy 24.51%

Ok so here viewing when black (comp videos screen on) online goes still Laptop s my issue Dell inspiron e Windows XP Sp Intel Core Duo GHz GB RAM ATi Mobility Radeon X with updated Omega drivers The issue My laptop screen goes black but the computer appears to be on the WIFI and blutooth lights next to the power button do not turn off when I watch videos online This does not happen every time I watch online videos nor does it happen when I have a certain number of tabs open at specific websites etc It does not happen regularly and once I restart my computer holding down the power button to turn it off the issue is resolved I ve never had it happen twice in a day Please help Also of note I have just replaced my laptop s hard drive I thought that was the solution to this problem but it was not It turns out my old hard drive was timing out and on the fritz anyway This leads me to believe that this is a malware issue possibly or another hardware Laptop screen goes black (comp still on) when viewing online videos issue Thanks for your help I ve attached my HJT log I read the topic about renaming the exe file and everything nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-goes-black-comp-still-on-when-viewing-online-videos.152273/
Relevancy 24.94%

About 3 days ago my laptop stopped playing videos online. some videos cause the browser to freeze, whilst some just dont work.
When i try and play a video off youtube it takes about 5 minutes, then starts playing. but when i try one off itv player or something it simply wont work.

i have had my computor checked for virus' and deleted everything like that. i have delete my browsing histroy/temporary internet files etc. and now i have run out of things to try!

i have a samsung r530 laptop, if that helps. and it isnt that old (only got it 5 months ago)

please can someone help me.
i am not that good with technological terms, so please can you explain it in simple terms

thank you so much for reading, and please can you help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-play-videos-online-anymore.151303/
Relevancy 25.8%

Music visualizer for media players

Any one have any preferences or suggestions for a good one of these. I have had a look at WhiteCap but wondered what else there was out there that was as good or maybe even better?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-visualizer-for-media-players.146080/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a budget of 500-550. The purpose for this computer is for music production. Ill be using cu base 5, ill be using vsti such as east west, toon track superior drummer,trillian etc. (To give you guys more of a visual) Ill be running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Tomorrow ill look around for parts, prices, I just realize am better off of building my own unit.

As far as the mobo goes. I would like to get .....
500 gig hard drive
Graphics card. (I won't be doing any gaming, cheap one will be neat)
Motherboard (i need fire wire on it)
RAM (4-gigs) ddr2
Case (i need a case with good air flow)

Any suggestions , references....

A:Building Music Production Computer

Rock4MUSIC said:

I have a budget of 500-550. The purpose for this computer is for music production. Ill be using cu base 5, ill be using vsti such as east west, toon track superior drummer,trillian etc. (To give you guys more of a visual) Ill be running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Tomorrow ill look around for parts, prices, I just realize am better off of building my own unit.

As far as the mobo goes. I would like to get .....
500 gig hard drive
Graphics card. (I won't be doing any gaming, cheap one will be neat)
Motherboard (i need fire wire on it)
RAM (4-gigs) ddr2
Case (i need a case with good air flow)

Any suggestions , references....Click to expand...

I'm thinking that without gaming ambitions, the new Intel core i3 CPUs might meet your needs with their integrated graphics. These give pretty decent scores in
the Windows Experience Index, something like 4.9 for Areo, and 5.3 for business and gaming graphics. To the best of my knowledge, the matching H55/ H57 Intel chipset motherboards provide Fire Wire input.

You should first subscribe to Newegg's Email list, so you can grab your parts as they become available on sale.

Here is Intel's list of socket LGA1156 CPUs available at Newegg; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=2010340343 50001157 1051749233&name=LGA 1156

And the matching integrated graphics H55/ H57 boards in the Gigabyte brand; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...01314 1070549182 107173338&name=Intel H55/H57 Be sure to pick one with 4 memory sockets. (4 out or 5 do). I have this one; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128421

Please pay no attention to the bad reviews for this product, they were all written by imbeciles claiming, "high technical ability". I don't know squat about computers, and I had one of these systems up and running perfectly, with Windows 7 installed, in about 3 hours.

In fact, I'm hoping Newegg will offer "don't know squat" as a technical ability claim option. That way, I'll be able to check, "don't know squat", and report, "it works perfectly for me, 5 stars"!

Here is a test report done on a few of these boards at Techspot; http://www.techspot.com/review/259-intel-h55-motherboard-shootout/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-music-production-computer.145280/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a new-to-me desktop dell pentium windows xp pro SP dvd player tsst corp cdrwdvd ts-h no player music Dvd sound movie a cd, a with sound with has b also has samsung cd-rom sc- c software avast free malwarebytes spybot s d scan only spywareblaster currently off spywareguard currently off zonealarm free firewall hi techspot i am trying to solve another problem over Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie at bleeping computer having to do with streaming video on this computer i read about you--you were highly recommended for someone with a driver-related problem which this may be in trying to figure out my streaming video problem i tried out the cd player and the dvd player today for the first time the cd player works fine except sound is weak even at Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie top settings dvd player has pretty much the same sound as the cd player with a cd in it that is weakish sound When I put in a movie there is beautiful video but zero sound I tried a few different movies to make sure of the problerm other info default media player is wmp a former user seems to have used powerdvd i can play a movie using either wmp or powerdvd Neither have any sound i am happy to add new drivers etc but will need help Not sure if related to streaming video problem shuts down browsers explorer and firefox for you-tube and hulu as soon as video loads some short commercials ok video and sound appreciate ideas thanks wannabegeek nbsp

A:Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie

Sounds like you are missing some sound codecs, at the very least. Luckily Techspot can provide them for you...
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/615-klite-mega-codec-pack.html

Hope this solves your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-player-has-sound-with-a-music-cd-no-sound-with-a-movie.144849/
Relevancy 26.23%

My favorite music player is "Winamp Media Player"

1. Flash Music Player
2. sidebar music players
3. RealPlayer 10

What is your favorite music player?

A:Favorite music player?

i just use itunes, since most of the time I only want to have the music playing the bacground, i don't really care for the download options that it gives or the visualizer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/favorite-music-player.141715/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a strange experience with sounds lately I have no come background games of music sound How some different? idea why this happening or what is causing it but here it is How come some background music of games sound different? One day I was doing some light gaming on both my tower and laptop since both my computers meets the minimum requirements and while playing this game I heard some unusual sounds on both How come some background music of games sound different? my laptop and tower my laptop while playing the background music of the game seemed to be missing a couple or not few sound types in the game On my tower it sounded like it had an extra beat as if I could here that extra sound s with the background music playing I can t explain real good but to simplify this my laptop seemed to be lacking of some melody beats while my tower has it all and slightly deeper bass I turned my laptop speakers high yet no extra melody beat appeared I How come some background music of games sound different? did the same with the tower sounded the same as before but just louder I am sure I installed this game on both my computer successfully with no errors I reinstalled it again and same problem occurred I don t understand is the speakers more sensitive on the tower and giving it more variety of sounds or is the laptop speakers not so sensitive in outputting more variety of sounds Or both are wrong and it is just the matter of XP and VISTA or is it the software or drivers installed for the sounds Is something wrong with the speakers Do I need buy better ones Ones that s suppose to act normal nbsp

A:How come some background music of games sound different?

try updating your sound drivers first, then you might want to look into past problems others might have had with this games sound. Since this happened to both your computers at the same time it sounds like the problem is the game.

A simple test to see if your speakers are broke is just...play music on them. Does it sound fine? yes? then it's not your speakers

unfortunatly without knowing what game it is that you are talking about I can't really look into any problems others have had with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-come-some-background-music-of-games-sound-different.140704/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello All I am have been reading the boards for a month or so now and have been help a ton but I came across a problem that I could not find any other threads 360 only allows other network one Xbox and online PC or the specifically about and have had no luck Xbox 360 and PC network only allows one or the other online finding a solution elsewhere on the internet I have a BEFSR router and have an Xbox and my PC connected to it I can connect to the internet Live with either one if Xbox 360 and PC network only allows one or the other online the Xbox 360 and PC network only allows one or the other online other is off but whenever the nd tries to connect it can not do so To connect to the internet I had to set the router up for a static IP address as it could not automatically connect and get that or the DNS servers I did this in the set up page of the router I also used port triggering under the quot Gaming And Applications quot tab to trigger and forward ports DHCP is enabled with a start IP address of I had bought this router before and spent hours on tech support with Linksys Microsoft and my ISP Linksys finally came to the conclusion that the router had a defect of some kind that I would need to send it in and get another After waiting for email instructions on how to do so for a week I boxed it back up and exchanged it at Best Buy for another of the same It seems that this one is having the same problems so I doubt calling Linksys will be of any help this time around Please let me know if more information from my end is needed to help diagnose the problem and along with any help you can provide about this I would also like to hear suggestions for a different router to buy If problems still persist after people here give suggestions I want to get away from Linksys all together Thanks a ton for reading and any response that can be given -TheLonelyRanger Edit When the Xbox connection fails it fails trying to connect to the internet with a DNS failure nbsp

A:Xbox 360 and PC network only allows one or the other online

hm; sounds like the manual config is messed up.

suggest you use DHCP for both IP and DNS settings on the System.Nic card

then use IPCONFIG /ALL to see the settings assigned.

if you must have static IP on the Xbox, copy all but the IP ADDRESS into the
Xbox settings and then use an IP address like x.x.x.100

You must be able to have both boxes online at the same time AND
the system should be able to ping x.x.x.100 as well as www.google.com

once that works, the xbox should too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-360-and-pc-network-only-allows-one-or-the-other-online.131564/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am running XP/Win7 on my AMD 64 Athlon 3400+ powered Pavillion. I have an integrated Realtek AC'97 audio card and lately I've noticed that all music playback is choppy - whether it's iTunes, Windows Media Player, or Youtube. I've tried different speakers, headphones, etc., but reagrdless of the hardware I use, I still get the same problem. It sounds as if the music is being paused and then played very quickly throughout the song. I don't really notice it in Windows sound effects, but that may be because they are short in length. I notice this happening on both XP and Windows 7 and don't know why.

Please help!!!

A:Music Playback is Choppy

Try updating your audio and chipset driver. There could also be a program running in the background taking up to much memory or CPU cycles. If you listen to music alot you should get a dedicated sound card. You can get a really good Audigy on Ebay for under $15. Onboard audio is notoriously troublesome. Too many other things in the system can interfere with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-playback-is-choppy.132766/
Relevancy 24.94%

Specs Nothing Overclocked Except the crashes play online any Computer whenever I games Graphic Cards which are factory overclocked Windows Vista Ultimate Fully updated Asus Striker II Formula x ZOTAC GeForce GT MB AMP Intel Core Quad Computer crashes whenever I play any online games Q Kentsfield GHz GeIL EVO ONE GB x GB CM Stacker PSU Combo Western Digital gb Harddrive SupremeFX II Problem My computer can play almost any game that has an offline mode Crysis Call of Duty MW Call of Duty WaW ETC Games like that but when I try to play games like ACE Online WoW Cabal Online and basically Computer crashes whenever I play any online games any d online game The computer crashes after a random amount of time It freezes with a black screen and had a stutter sound of the last sound played I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem like this It all started happening after my Ethernet port started acting up Unidentified Network I m currently using a wireless connection seperate netgear to get online I m still trying to figure out what the main problems are I ve narrowed it down to either JAVA problems my Graphic Cards are having a problem with these games which I doubt or it has something to do with the Ethernet ports NOTE It s mainly when playing directly from the network AKA not private servers Usually private servers do not cause my computer to crash NOTE I ve also done a clean install but it always comes back to this If anyone has any tips or any way to resolve this annoying problem Can you please post it I m getting pretty fed-up with it nbsp

A:Computer crashes whenever I play any online games

Without actual minidumps or Blue Screen error codes I would guess your suspicions are correct. It sounds like either a) you need to update your ethernet/NIC card drivers or b) you have a failing NIC card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-whenever-i-play-any-online-games.135612/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello to all I built a computer specifically to operate my modest home studio years ago It smoked at that time with Win K Gig music build computer Multi-channel of RAM and LVD SCSI RPM drives It cost a bundle to build and has lasted me until the lightning hit it a few weeks ago Also blasted was my Echo Layla audio interface and my Cubase USB dongle Data was fortunately backed up I wish to build a new box from the ground up The insurance company paid me for the fried machine I wish to spend this money building another box that will last Multi-channel music computer build me for a long while as well Throughput is key of course as is graphics speed bit architecture and boatloads of RAM I have a NewEgg order all set to place Here tis -- ww eddiecurrents com ComputerBuild order jpg -- the system would not let me post a link I am ready to press the quot place order quot button I THINK I can do away with LVD SCSI as I believe that SATA II drives even RPM ones will do what I need I very seldom exceed - tracks at a time and if I have the math right SATA II should do but I am having troubles locating data on actual throughput I administer a huge database among many other things The data is pounded daily by hundreds of live connections as well as over the internet I am very familiar with throughput but find that it s not much of a consideration for MOST people gamers power Multi-channel music computer build users graphics and video designers I really want to spend the money ONE time here and am sure there are some great ideas out there on how I can improve or even cut corners Cubase comes with both the and bit versions Soundforge and Acid also should run fine on bit Vista Windows Ultimate when available Gotcha s like sound interface software though can be a headache What other systems are out there I will never buy quot off the rack quot so who s built a mohuncher of a music editing system I was just told I don t need an I and who needs or Gigs of RAM Me that s who I have used RAM disks for years and send all my temp files and editing files to it I d like to set up two RAM disks each large enough to contain the contents of a standard DVD Gigs With Gigs total this is no problem Thanks for your input in advance I ve got a few days left before I will blow this money and any help is VERY much appreciated LoMan eddiecurrents com nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-channel-music-computer-build.135474/
Relevancy 25.37%

i recently got a new pc. played many new non online games and it works fine. but if i try playing online games my pc turns off. could any1 help me plz?

A:PC turn off when playing online games

What are your new PC's specs? In other words, what is its make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turn-off-when-playing-online-games.135021/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have many sata drives in my comp
just added another and cant remember how to bring it online
when i go to disk manager it shows up but sais offline and missing
can anyone help

A:New sata hard drive problem cant remember how to bring online

How many SATA drive do you have? So the drive can't be formatted? Is it seen in the bios along with all the other SATA drives?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-sata-hard-drive-problem-cant-remember-how-to-bring-online.131498/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey! My comp can play music but when I play DVDs or run .avis I only get background music and the vocal audio is so low it's almost muted. I can't figure it out. I have DivX installed and AC3Filter as well but I use WMP and Cyberlink PowerDVD, no vocals from either. Do I need codecs? How do I find out which I need?

A:Music Plays / No Vocals in Movies / Background Music Plays

I've been able to boost sound with the AC3Filter and get DVD vocals now through WMP but I still am not getting any vocals from my DVDs when played through my Cyberlink PowerDVD. Any suggestions? I'm sure I'm missing a codec or something but I can't figure out what. The website I used to go to to download audio codecs for WMP11 looks down for the count so I'm at a loss.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-plays-no-vocals-in-movies-background-music-plays.131473/
Relevancy 26.23%

Bought my wife a Sylvinia SMPK4068, 4gig MP3 player. My son has a zune and an account. He was able to download to an OPEL RCA MP3 player with no problems from the zune site. However when we try to down load to the Sylvinia it states it's a bad file type or can't download subscription. This is a plug and play device with an disc included for conversion of AVI files. Any suggestions? Like all the options of this unit for the price just the problems with downloads from the zune site.

A:Help with music downloads on my wife's MP3

I thought that site was strictly for zune users, as I own one myself, i know you cant go hooking an ipod up to it either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-music-downloads-on-my-wifes-mp3.131381/
Relevancy 25.8%

For whatever reason nothing will buffer here at home (youtube, myspace, etc) after a few seconds. It'll start out working fine and then just stop buffering.

We have a wireless network here so we can share a printer. I've tried all the computers in the house (Vista, XP), multiple browsers (Firefox, Explorer, Chrome), disabling the firewall, and clearing browser data. Nothing has helped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Computers Won't Buffer Video/Music

try uninstalling flash and install the newest version here
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computers-wont-buffer-video-music.129953/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi there am having troubles with win and my internet connection In the device manager my card shows up as ethernet on get online with card my Windows Can't 98 normal and it tells me that everything with Can't get online with my ethernet card on Windows 98 the device is working properly also my service is through a cable modem if that helps you help me solve the problem Anyways the lights on the back work and all that but i just cant get internet connection setup to work I have went through the Can't get online with my ethernet card on Windows 98 internet setup wizard i have never dial a connection selected and i choose quot I want to setup internet connection manually or i want to connect through a local area network LAN quot it goes through all that just fine but when i click through and get to the finish and i pop up the internet explore i get nothing but a blank page if anyone can give me the solution to this problem please please help me thank you for viewing my thread gackleman I have windows and a cable modem and i just cant seem to get the computer to give me internet access The eithernet card is a linksys card and it seems to be working and under device manager says that the device is working properly and the lights blink in that back but no internet not sure what i need to do and all this is happening with or with out the router nbsp

A:Can't get online with my ethernet card on Windows 98

Yes, you can use a ethernet card and router in Windows 98.

In the network control panel applet make sure TCP/IP is installed on your linksys network card. Use winipcfg to find out if the network card was assigned an ip address.

"Possibly" the network card is bad, i've had a few linksys network cards that I just couldn't get to work under Win98. If thats the case look for a card with a realtek chipset, their good on backwards compatibility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-online-with-my-ethernet-card-on-windows-98.124396/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello Techspot forum members if you guys can please help me on this i m having problems connecting to all possible online games and if it does connect then the lag is unbearable or just disconnects after a few seconds i m All Games Issue Lag Online using a router a Wire HG of the comments i ve seen this is an absolute wonderful router Wireless-USB Via Phoneline -Ethernet combined i ve had a MBPS connection a All Online Games Lag Issue few days ago was lagging horribly on online-games so i told my dad to upgrade our bandwidth we ve upgraded it to MBPS and still no beneficial change gotta All Online Games Lag Issue say that my Web-Browsing speed is super-fast download speed is about - Kbps on average-fast servers i think that i ve tried all possible solutions DMZ Mode XP Firewall is off registry changes TCP optimizers updated drivers changing router setting by the Homeportal forwarding ports for specific games nothing helps The router is connected to computers their specs are much over the recommended level to play those online-games they all lag badly don t have any clue what to do next i really need help on this one Also even if most of those games are hosted over-seas went to some friends of mine and installed those games they were going super-smooth and my friend s connection is even slower than mine s would be happy to share any additional information regarding the router and the PC etc thanks in advance nbsp

A:All Online Games Lag Issue

any system spec, net provider and any other details that might be useful?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-online-games-lag-issue.124181/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey there guys im kinda new around here so im gonna be as brief as possible, the thing is that i want to configure my MIC so for example if im playing Counter Strike or Natural Selection everyone from that server can here what im listening to right? in fact is it possible to transmit music through my MIC or somehow but i need to do that i have no doubt about it cuz i know there is a way to do it but im not that so aware about it so i though u guys could help me alright so i expect some help on this Thread and thx a lot for helping me out.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Brady.

A:How to Configure MIC to transmit music through it?

can someone help me out with this please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-configure-mic-to-transmit-music-through-it.122663/
Relevancy 26.23%

I just purchased a MP3 from Sylvania model SMPK4066. I connected my player with USB to my computer. Using Windows Media Player 11 and the sync option I synchronized my player 100% complete. Now my player reads No Files but WMP shows all of my music was tranferred and I see Folders on my MP3 screen with artists names but no music is playing and it still says No FIles. I need someone to help me get this thing to play my music. Thank you very much to whomever figures this out.

Spanner0421

A:Can't get the music tp play on my Sylvania MP3

let;s try this for simple starters

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-the-music-tp-play-on-my-sylvania-mp3.122213/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Speedstream 4100 DSL modem and when I just surf the internet it is fine. But when I play some online games I can only play for about 30-45 minutes before my DSL modem gets disconnected from the internet. Restarting the modem does not help so I have the restart the computer to become reconnected. This is starting to become very annoying. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the situation. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-drops-connection-while-gaming-online.122043/
Relevancy 24.94%

Somewhere in the course of trying to rid my computer of parasites I must have done something wrong...I can no longer play video clips online. It just sits there. ?????

A:Video clips online won't play anymore...what did I delete?

Don't know what you deleted but you could try to reload your media player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-clips-online-wont-play-anymore-what-did-i-delete.21971/
Relevancy 26.66%

My cablebox has dozens of music stations. I would like to make music CDs to play in the car. I can copy to a VHS tape with my VCRs, or to a DVD through my computer. What do I need to do now?"

Thanx

Warp1

A:How do I rip or copy music from a DVD

I think you could buy a TV card for your computer and "capture" the cable music that way

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-rip-or-copy-music-from-a-dvd.120262/
Relevancy 26.23%

Endeavours to play a music CD on my desktop computer now prompt the following error message to appear. - "Canno convert CD Rom drive letter to ASPI information.. Digital reading is impossible."
Assistance in resolving this problem would be much appreciated...

A:Error msg playing music

So what is your systems make and model? What operating system are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-msg-playing-music.120221/
Relevancy 25.8%

The title might sound a little weird but here's my problem. Yesterday i was chatting with my friends with a crappy headset then it broke.I just got a new one but this one is weird whenever i'm playing a music or something my friends can hear it too. I try checking it by using the sound recorded. It seems like they picked up the music in the background too. Is there anyway to stop it so i can use my mic alone?

A:How to STOP playing music and talking to the mic at the same time

Try this.

Click start/control panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Advanced and make sure the mic is muted on the playback side.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-playing-music-and-talking-to-the-mic-at-the-same-time.118273/
Relevancy 26.23%

I pictures corrupt Music and will try to explain as well as I Music and pictures corrupt can My friend has been having some slight computer problems lately so I went over to take a look The first problem that the screen would get a lot of jibberish on it Pixels or what ever I tried Music and pictures corrupt a new cable and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and Music and pictures corrupt no go I installed a new driver and the same Finally I tried a new video card and it worked great That is just the first of the problem I then noticed that one of his hdd on his raid had gone bad so I took it out and got it replaced In the meantime when I restarted his computer it did a disc check and did some things I had never seen before but it completed the check on the good disc All seemed to be working well until a few days ago he said that his music was doing crazy things so I went over to take another look I played a song and it would start in the middle of the song and play a whole nother song I would play Queen and Celine would come on but it would start in the middle of one of her songs Not all the songs are like that though We never did count but I would venture to say at least half are still good I then just out of curiosity went to his pictures and they also had problems A couple of them would show up and the others would not They still showed they had mb or mb in each folder for the pictures but nothing would show up He mentioned something about some power surges but he is proteced with a battery backup ups from APC What does it sound like to you nbsp

A:Music and pictures corrupt

Sounds like a failing hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-and-pictures-corrupt.116575/
Relevancy 24.94%

Can someone please tell me what cause it to restart?

Here a ss of a system recovery and my minidump is below. Thanks

A:PC restarting itself while playing Warhammer online after a few hours

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf0fd864, abee9604, 0}
Probably caused by : atikvmag.dllClick to expand...

Whilst running WAR.EXE (game)

Confirm your Video card drivers are up to date
And confirm all updates (if any) are installed on war.exe

atikvmag.dll. Description: Virtual Command And Memory Manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarting-itself-while-playing-warhammer-online-after-a-few-hours.111870/
Relevancy 26.66%

Whenever I have inserted a cd in a drive and selected explore, I have been able to see the file type. I bought a cd, karaoke style -- for all practical purposes here -- and when I inserted the CD I only found pdf files which hold the sheet music. I always make a copy of these cds in case one becomes damaged. On two computers I was completely surprised that I could see nothing except the PDF files. Is there a way to see the music files?

A:Music files

Purhaps you did not buy a CD with music on it. It may be a karaoke cd that gives you sheet music to some popular songs to let them play and sing it yourself (thus the karaoke).

I cant think of anything else because if thats ALL thats on the disk then the obove situation is accurate in my opinion

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-files.111593/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi everyone. I have purchased a newer printer and I am looking for an online store to buy
remanufactured or compatible printer cartridges from. I would like a store with
some sort of free shipping program and cheap prices. Does anyone have any suggestions
on where I should go online to buy my ink cartridges? Thanks in advance!

A:Need an online store to buy printer cartridges

Depends a bit on what brand.

I'd suggest www.tylermartin.com Their site looks like it was coded by a 5 year old, but I've been dealing with them for at least 4 years, never had any issues with them. They don't have free shipping, but their prices are low enough that you can afford shipping.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-an-online-store-to-buy-printer-cartridges.110633/
Relevancy 25.37%

I was reading this article and thought, what makes online data storage attractive enough to make companies risk their sensitive information on servers they'll never see in person, possibly in another country? What advantage does it have over local storage?

A:What exactly is the attraction of online data storage?

I didn't read the link
But the main reason for online storage, is so to access your data from anywhere in the world (including an Internet Cafe')

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-exactly-is-the-attraction-of-online-data-storage.110427/
Relevancy 24.94%

Well this is an odd one for ya my internet works perfectly fine all day long without even the slightest problems I can play Age of Conan MMO all day long without problems as well Yet the odd parts come in when I attempt to with online Internet games behaves weirdly play any of my FPS first person shooter Internet behaves weirdly with online games games --- Return to Castle Wolfenstein --- Occasionally the Server-List will display only - servers both with high pings Ping is higher than before on all servers as well Most are ping when they used to be around - Remedy is to reset the modem --- Counterstrike Source --- All servers on the server-list have abnormally high ping Even ones that on my old internet setup had about -ish ping are Can t connect to the majority of the servers Sometimes it will connect to the server and as soon as I enter give me connection interrupted Remedy is to reset the modem --- Call of Duty --- Ping seems to be okay though I didn t have the game with my old internet setup so I have nothing to compare it with Will connect to the server perfectly fine but after about minutes of gameplay I will get Connection Interrupted the lights on my modem will all light up and then half will shut off followed about seconds later by the other half of the lights shutting off The modem will then reset itself reestablishing a connection in about seconds Remedy none Not sure if this is a common problem with Netgear Modems or not but it is pretty frustrating Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Internet behaves weirdly with online games

Which Netgear Modem are you using? What was you using prior and did you have the same problem? Otherwise sounds like the Modem has a problem. Sometimes it's not the Modem but your ISP throttling back on the bandwidth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-behaves-weirdly-with-online-games.110280/
Relevancy 25.8%

Looking for information regarding residential online backup services. Is anyone using Mozy or X-Drive? Would appreciate input as to the ease of the service or anything else you can offer. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/online-backup-services.110550/
Relevancy 25.8%

IS there a free way to back up my computer to the internet/server? Automatic preferably...
Thank you in advance!

A:Online Backup?

Doubt it, and how long have you got anyway ? A typical PC has often got a minimum of 20Gb of data, whilst a typical 5Mbit download broadband only has 300Kbit upload, and to transfer 20Gb would take approximately 148 hours.

Better buy a cheap USB hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/online-backup.109419/
Relevancy 25.8%

Can't figure out what is going on with my MySpace profile. About a week ago, all of the music vids I have on my profile stopped playing. The only exception is one YouTube video which still works. I re-installed a newer version of Active X thinking this might solve the problem. Still does not work.
Interesting though, when I view my profile on a computer other than my own, all of my videos play on my profile.
What do you think the problem may be? Has anyone had the same problem?

A:Can't view music videos on my MySpace profile

Do this:

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-view-music-videos-on-my-myspace-profile.109157/
Relevancy 25.37%

With almost all the online games i've played (CS:S, City of Heroes, Team Fortress 2, and Natural Selection [Half-Life]), I suffer some serious lag issues.

NPC's and other players stop moving and then they move up 10 feet ahead where they should of been and sometimes I get sent back 5 feet or so. I have a Linksys router and my provider is comcast. I use an ethernet to connect to my router. Any ideas what might be wrong?

I'd put up an DxDiag but i dont htink that'd say anything about my internet

A:Choke/loss in all online games

http://www.speedtest.net/

Run the speed test at the location nearest to you (Recommended server) and post back your results. You can copy the picture of your results by, after the test finishes, copying the "Forum link" under "Share these results"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choke-loss-in-all-online-games.108458/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have encountered a problem when I have tried to burn music to cd r. The drive will play music ok- so no problem there. However when I try to burn some tracks it will only record about 10 seconds. I will then get an error message saying that my cd is dirty or may be recording at wrong speed. Have tried other speeds without any success also tried downloading latest version of window media and closed all other applications that may have caused even a remote problem. Can anyone help or have any suggestions how to fix this problem?

A:Can't Burn music to cd

Is this a laptop or a desktop computer.
It seems as if your CD drive is worn out of alignment. Either the read laser or the write laser is out of whack or it is just worn out. How old is the drive?
Burners last about a year, on average... less, if used a lot. It is easier and cheaper to replace them, than to fix them.
If you are in a dusty climate, you can remove the bottom from the burner, and use Dust Off or other canned air with difluoroethane gas to clean the unit. Do not touch the laser... just blow dust out of the drive.
There are some utilities that will reset the burner on some models. Do a Gurgle search for your brand and model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-burn-music-to-cd.108423/
Relevancy 25.8%

(if this is in the wrong section, my bad)

for mlb 08 the show, you can choose to add your own music from the MS Pro Duo Card. I have songs that can be played in the mp3 player in the PSP, but when i want to load up songs to the game, it won't recognize the files and say i don't have any songs on the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick-pro-duo-wont-show-music-files.106940/
Relevancy 24.94%

ok ethernet with problem online connection cord PS2 so i just got road runner use to have dsl and never had any problems with internet crap but ok now for my question i use roadrunner as i said i do not have wireless internet or a router i only use the easy Ethernet cord from my black box that roadrunner gives you now i have the phone tv internet PS2 online connection problem with ethernet cord with them and all of it hooks up into my room but any who when i went to setup my new settings for my ps i went threw and but manual for ip address and DNS manual and i put in my ip address netmask my DNS and etc from doing cmd ipconfig all and got all that info off it and put it in as it should go and than i test my connection for internet on ps it work fine that works like within seconds but when i try to login to get online socom CA at the DNAS sever thing and it waits a while than says the error comes up and say please check your network connection or whatever so i need help on what to do and yes i put in my ip address and all right i double checked so i do need some help why I m getting this error nbsp

A:PS2 online connection problem with ethernet cord

that black box from Roadrunner is a Cable modem. You need an inexpensive Router
and it would be installed (by you) like this:

Code:
modem---router---your PS2 and Computer(s)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ps2-online-connection-problem-with-ethernet-cord.105936/
Relevancy 25.37%

I bought a Netgear GS605 Gigabit Ethernet Switch, and i'm trying to configure it to properly work with my PC and Playstation 2 simultaneously. The switch doesn't come with any software, and it's not a managed switch. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated, by both me and my brother

A:Router/PS2 online connection problem

There is nothing to configure in a switch. Especially if it is not a managed one. Just plug your stuff in there and as long as you use the right kind of cables it will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-ps2-online-connection-problem.26256/
Relevancy 25.8%

I can't remember the last time I was able to playback audio cd's (store bought) but I am sure I was able to at one time. I'll insert a cd into the drive at the autoplay box does popup saying it is an audio cd, so the drive WILL recognize the disc. However upon attempting to playback or rip, the drive will endlessly try to read the disc, freezing whichever program I'm using to playback/rip. The hard disc action light is also at full blast while this is happening. I have tried several cds and programs to no avail.

A:TssTcorp CD/DVD SH-182D drive will not playback music cd's

The Drive itself requires replacing
You can also purchase cleaning discs to clean the laser, but the money is usually best spent on a new DVD R/W drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tsstcorp-cd-dvd-sh-182d-drive-will-not-playback-music-cds.105216/
Relevancy 26.66%

my music folder use to arrange my mp3 files in order from oldest to newly added. i must have clicked something because it doesnt anymore. can you tell me how to make it so it will arrange them from when they were added, like it once did?

please & thanks,
-Lori:]
<3

A:Music Folder

Open the music folder and then click on the 'Date Modified' tab at the top. You may have to click it one more time to get the latest file on top.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-folder.104472/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Guys, i build an 5 channels amp and i have 5 speakers, i have an SoundCard with 5 channels Output, i found that if the song is just 2 channels the output will be to the Front Speakers, is possible to send the output to the Front and Rear Speakers?

Thanks in advance.

A:Is possible to Listen Stereo from 4 Speakers?

as long as you have front,rear inputs for your
amp that you built & front,rear ouputs,then yes
you can.

plug another jack (3.5 mm mini jack/RCA) from your sound card's
rear output to the rear input of the amp then you're ready to go.

& dont forget,the rear speakers connected to the rear output
channel of your amp.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-possible-to-listen-stereo-from-4-speakers.104418/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have an old Win laptop that supposedly supports USB but either the jack is hosed or some subtle driver problem exists that prevents me from using any USB device on it including an external storage device The laptop is on my home network but I no longer remember the Windows login password so I am not really able to connect or share files Online Storage Solution Temp with another computer It does not have the ability to write Online Temp Storage Solution CD s either I do have Internet connectivity via a cable modem wireless router though the laptop is connected via an ethernet cable So I would like to find an easy to use online storage website where I can upload about Mb of files and then download them onto another computer I tried one service but they seem to starting zipping up the files as they are being uploaded and I had disconnections throughout the process I don t Online Temp Storage Solution believe that it was my problem Online Temp Storage Solution and it basically did not work for me Sorry for the longwinded inquiry but can anyone suggest a good online file storage service that works and is reliable etc Or is there another way to move these files that I am not thinking of nbsp

A:Online Temp Storage Solution

Too bad its Windows 98. Mozy Home seems to do exactly what you need.

Here is a list of some others, a few of which are free. XDrive looks promising except that I couldn't find OS requirements: http://davie.wordpress.com/2006/06/30/couchsurfingcom-goes-down-but-a-lesson-learned/

If you are just looking for a place to dump files and not a true 'backup solution' then I think it gets quite a bit easier. http://www.listible.com/list/online-file-storage

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/online-temp-storage-solution.103883/
Relevancy 26.66%

when i go into windows media player and try to burn music to a blank cd it says the cd-r drive is in use but there is no activity on my cpu Then I tried to burn it anyway but i got an error message that said Windows Media Player cannot burn the files to the CD If the CD burner recorder is busy wait for cds music to Can't burn the current task to finish If necessary verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver with the two options of close or more information When you click on more information I get this C D C Cannot burn files to CD Windows Media Player cannot burn copy the files to the CD You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons The CD burner recorder is busy Wait for Can't burn music to cds the Can't burn music to cds drive to complete its current task and then try again The burner is not compatible with your version of Windows Verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device drivers and then try again To verify that the drive is compatible and to download the latest device drivers see the Windows Catalog at the Microsoft Web site Error ID xC D C Condition ID x Could anyone help Can't burn music to cds me out please nbsp

A:Can't burn music to cds

You might have Temporary "files waiting to be written to the disk" in explorer.

put an empty disk in the drive open my computer and double click on the CD/DVD-RW drive, if any files appear in explorer greyed out then delete them by clicking "Delete these temporary files".

if you have any open windows that are showing the contents of the drive then you should close them too. other than that then there's probably another program monitoring the drive, could be a media player that you set to monitor your Drive for playable media.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-burn-music-to-cds.54296/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi.. i'm a music producer... and my main tool is Reason 4 software from PropellerHeads... and i want to buy a new PC... and my dilema is the CPU..
which one do you think i should buy.. the new 45nm E8400 or the old Q6600??
the problem with Reason is that it's not biult for multi core CPUs so i guess the E8400 should do the job better... but recently i saw some tests with Reason running on a Q6600 and i was amazed...
really dunno what to do here. and my mainboard of choice is the Gigabyte G33-DS3R... hope someone could help me on this one!

thanks in advanced!!

A:Intel E8400 or Q6600 for music production?

To Err Is Human....To Forgive Is Not in the Nature of Computers...

Either the 8400 or the 6600 should give more than adequate performance with music files. (By "more than adequate", I mean spectacular). I don't want to overstep my knowledge here, but I'm guessing that music files don't present the same degree of difficulty as 1920 X 1200 High Def Video encoding. Which I'm sure software engineers are currently rushing to adapt applications for quad (or more), core use. Point being you couldn't go wrong with either CPU.
BIOS updating can be a tricky and risky affair. That being said, I would check which BIOS version is present in the Motherboard before making a decision on which CPU to buy. The E8400 would absolutely require a BIOS update, whereas the Q6600 might not. IMHO, the plug and play part always wins.
Then there's always plan "C": wait for a 45nm quad CPU.

I found this to be quite interesting, I have Nero 6 which is not at least 3 years old. When I use the"advanced analysis" function in "Recode" (essentially "DVDshrink") on my machine with a Pentium Dual Core E2200, task manager is telling me that BOTH cores are operating at 100%. I didn't think that this version of Nero was even written for dual core CPUs, but there you have it, clipping along at up to 1000 FPS, firing on both barrels!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-e8400-or-q6600-for-music-production.101581/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,

Music is getting interrupted when losing focus from Winamp or I open some other application in my Windows XP system. The system ia having 1GB RAM and 80GB HDD with Dual core processor

A:Music is getting interrupted

You probably have a lot of temp files on your hard drive... Open Internet Options in IE and delete these type files and cookies

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-is-getting-interrupted.100926/
Relevancy 25.8%

I recently let somebody use my computer and they really screwed it up they somehow managed to No audio? online download quot malware quot on my computer which came along with a couple quot behaviorals quot and a couple trojens One of which somehow destoyed my mcafee So I bought spy sweeper antivirus and i think i got all the bad stuff off But now when I am online I can t hear any audio I can hear audio on my windows media player and any offline games i play I tried going into control panel and adjust the volume but it is saying that I don t have any audio devises hooked up Also my volume button on my keyboard no longer works The volume on my moniter works and the volume on my speakers works I also can no longer get into my mcafee i can t even uninstall it everytime i try to do anything with it mcafee screen appears and disappears within a couple seconds Please Help nbsp

A:No online audio?

What is the make and model of your computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-online-audio.100106/
Relevancy 20.64%

Please don t laugh but I am still using a Pentium MMX machine as my main everyday computer running Win SE a faster than is Pentium Pentium Why 1 3 online? I have made several attempts to upgrade to P and P over the years but each time I have had to go back because the P always seemed much faster online dial-up even when the upgrade was to a machine running identical software and the same external modem The P is rapidly dying and less and less of its software is working so I have set up a Pentium with Win Pro and all software installed I did careful tests this time checking download speeds on zip and jpg files to check actual speed and large html-only files to check compression and found the Pentium to be as good as or a bit faster than the P I made the change-over yesterday but as soon as Why is a Pentium 1 faster than Pentium 3 online? I go to eBay pages for example it is quot watching paint dry quot time In every test clearing the cache between each one the P is to SLOWER than the old machine I ve checked and double-checked that all relevant settings are the same and tried every tweak I can find but no matter what I do the Why is a Pentium 1 faster than Pentium 3 online? old machine is ALWAYS faster on real-world web pages My browser is SeaMonkey on both machines though on previous attempted upgrades it would have been Internet Explorer This makes absolutely no sense to me but unless I can find out what the problem is I am just going to have to stick to the Pentium for online use at least Can anyone suggest a rational explanation nbsp

A:Why is a Pentium 1 faster than Pentium 3 online?

The Internet speed is not governed by your computer
It is changed only by the Modem connection and your Server.

I suspect the differences were due to the newer system caching more in system bios (or in Windows) this copying process may quicken (or slow down) your Internet pages from displaying.

Also you cannot get a true reading, as both computers are too different.
There could be lots of other reasons (Firewall; Antivirus the list goes on)

By the way lots of Linux servers (firewall) use P1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-a-pentium-1-faster-than-pentium-3-online.98950/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello! I just bought a Belkin Wireless Router G plus MIMO and I still get kicked out of online games (remember before I got an old Linksys), I don't understand why? I have no idea, I have moved the router to higher locations, I moved it to a diferrent room and still the same problem, I don't know much of the settings of the router but is there anything I can modify to get rid of this problem? is 40-45ft really that much for wireless gaming? however I have to get across two walls, is that the problem? the signal indicates 82% please help me I don't know what else to try and I want to play games online with my Nintendo Wii.

A:Still getting kicked out of online gaming

I thought it could be Internet speed but on my wired PC I never have this problem when gaming online, I thought could be poor reception from the Wii, but the PS3 does the same thing, anybody? help will be highly appreciated!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-getting-kicked-out-of-online-gaming.98646/
Relevancy 24.94%

Recently my computer has been having random issues when trying to go to websites. I can game online just fine without a hitch, yet when I try to go to google.com it takes about 5 minutes for the page to come up (sometimes it times out). I do have a firewall, yet when I disable it, I'm still getting the same issue. The issue is usually resolved immediately upon restarting my computer, but it returns after the it's been on for a while.

This is for my directly connected computer, but I also have a laptop (wireless). The laptop has no issues with connecting to websites.

I previously had issues with my computer connecting to .com sites, but it would connect to .edu sites perfectly fine. I was instructed to get a new hosts file. I do not know if the issues are related.

Any input on the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

- Mike

A:Game online just fine, but can't visit websites...

Have you any virus and spyware protection, if not the run a scan after that see if it improves.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-online-just-fine-but-cant-visit-websites.98027/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello,

Today I reformatted my computer about and hour and a half ago, and I'm already having my first problem. My Ethernet card on my PC is no longer working properly, so I can no longer create a connection to the Internet V.I.A. Network Places. Anyways, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a piece of hardware from Device Manager known as Ethernet Controller. So far, it still will not work. If anyone can please provide any suggestions or answers to help me get this problem fixed, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Tyler

A:Reformated My Computer and the Internet Connection Won't Go back Online

I hate it when this happens- and sometimes it will be the same setup but a differn't fix so, I need to ask you something... In the device manager do you have a yellow "!" next to your device????? Or does it say in your task bar "a network cable is unplugged"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reformated-my-computer-and-the-internet-connection-wont-go-back-online.97808/
Relevancy 25.37%

hi people im new to this but please help if you can i recently bought a new pc for gameing it has a intel core mb with a radeon xl and is operated by windows vista having bought call of duty and battlefield i of Loss sound game online have become a regular online gamer since christmas which is when my problem started it was working great untill i let my nephew play which is when the sound stopped working he says all he did was stream musich whilst playing and since ive had no online sound when playing with c o d the sound works when playing one player but with battlefield being a online game i have no sound at all it must have something to do with him listening to music whilst playing but it is battering my head to find and sort the problem been through everything i know and i carnt find any faults please help or try and point me into the direction to sort it i have tried uninstalling the game but still have no sound when on line i await your reply thanks mike liverpool uk nbsp

A:Loss of game sound online

This not a nephew issue, just normal Windows !

Try System Restore to a date when all was OK (yesterday?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-game-sound-online.96559/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello all, lately I have been having terrible trouble with my modem. I use Comcast cable internet, and about every 30 minutes my modem will disconnect for a few minutes and then come back online. I've run AVG and NoLop but they come out clean. I haven't changed any cables or disconnected them at all. If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it, It's a huge problem for me and if anyone needs any more information I'll provide it. Thanks

A:Modem randomly disconnects, then comes back online

describe ALL network hardware installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-randomly-disconnects-then-comes-back-online.95603/