Windows Support Forum

Solved: Burning is Burning me up...

Q: Solved: Burning is Burning me up...

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Burning is Burning me up...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 79.12%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 78.69%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 77.83%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 76.54%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 73.96%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 73.96%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 73.96%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 73.96%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 65.36%

I ve been trying to burn some backups of DVD movies with all the freeware I can find DVD Encrypter DVD Shrink CD Burner XP Pro etc So far I have not had much success due to my own inexperience and the difficulty with trying to put Solved: a Looking app CD/DVD burning for two Solved: Looking for a CD/DVD burning app or three apps together to do one job I m thinking I could do a little better if Solved: Looking for a CD/DVD burning app I had a genuine DVD burning app to go with the rest and I seem to hear the best about Nero Going out and looking for it I run into all kinds of offers for OEM versions at Solved: Looking for a CD/DVD burning app ridiculously low prices I am familiar with the concept of OEM software and have bought and used a lot of it successfully but I m wondering what the catch is when this software usually listing at to is offered for free at least three vendors or almost equally unbelievable prices such as or My mama taught me that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is What s the catch I d appreciate any input nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a medion computer with GB of memory GB HD and running windows XP it has a cd drive and a CD amp DVD R W drive times speed I have been putting old home movies and pictures on DVD writing to DVD-R disk I usually pick up my DVD s at Staple Best Buy or Office Max when they run a sale The problem I Burning Solved: DVD am having is Solved: DVD Burning that everything works fine my DVD player reads the disk good for about a year then the disk start to hang up I have cleaned the disk and purchased a disk cleaning kit for my DVD player it seem to help very little and has not solved the problem You can put in a commercial disk and the DVD player works fine I also gave some friends a copy of a DVD from a vacation we took and after a year or year amp half they are having the same problem with the DVD s burned on my computer and a commercial disk will work fine I though that a DVD would be more durable and last longer than a VHS tape it seems that the DVD s I burn seem to good bad after a year I took one of my DVD that was hanging up and made a copy of it the copy worked fine Is it normal for the DVD s to deteriorate in such a short period of time amp why would the copy now work when the orginal didnt The DVD alway start working good it usually or minitues into the DVD when it act s up If I was the only one having the same problem I would think it was my DVD player but it happened on other DVD player Any help apperciated thank you nbsp

A:Solved: DVD Burning

you may want to consider using only high quality dvds--

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvd-burning.446061/
Relevancy 65.36%

I got a DVD burner a few months ago, and while it works fine playing DVDs, I haven't got around to burning anything yet.

Now I'm trying to back up my files to DVD and it just won't work! Nero doesn't even show the DVD drive as an option, only my CD-RW, and while Windows Explorer lists my DVD-RW drive, as soon as I put a blank DVD in and try to click on it (thinking I could use the copy-paste-burn option like with CDs), the name/label changes to CD drive and it says D drive is not accessible.

Can anyone please help? I didn't think it would be so complicated!

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I have a external DVD writer RW DVD burning Solved: mentioned on it I use Iomega super DVD Solved: DVD burning - hotburn pro software I had a stack of Moser Baer DVD R disks with me - and there was no issue burning those Then without noticing I bought few SONY DVD-RW and few Moser Baer DVD RW With SONY disks - I am able to burn - but my home DVD player LG doesn t play then - it displays Solved: DVD burning check disk and ejects Funn thing is that - if I try - - time with these Sony DVD-RW discs - suddenly my DVD player starts reading them and Solved: DVD burning I can watch the movies that I burnt into With Mose Baer DVD RW discs - I am not at all able to burn - it is displaying starting background format - and stays like that for ever Does it simply means that my burner can only burn DVD R but RW is written on it and my home DVD player can t read DVD-RW If it is that - I will just thow away these recently bought ones and will buy only DVD R Or is there any other issues Regards Cretu nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

hi friends
my machine is dell dimension 9150, xp home edition sp2, with roxio my dvd le bundled, alongwith other softeares.everything was working fine till now.all of a sudden my cd/dvd burning software shows the message 'no drive detected.it must have happened in last one moth as about a month ago i successfully burned a dvd.
roxio people advise to contact my vendor-dell- since it came bundled and dell have been unable to help they some patches etc. but those have been no help.
can anybody help pl?
besides that which is a good ,free, cd/dvd burning software available on the net.no shareware pl. thnx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-in-burning-cd-dvd.628847/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, i am having a problem burning CD's on a brand new computer,i have loaded my music CD's on to my hard drive and i am trying to make a mixed CD from them.I am having all kinds of problems with error messages, from " CD is defective" to "there is no CD in the burner.I am using Memorex CD-R CD's and i have tried 5 brand new CD's with no success, any help would be appreciated.

Dano

Relevancy 65.36%

I burned some information to a cd, about half its space. How do I add more information to the cd without dumping the first stuff I burned.

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, I have 2 questions please. I am a computer moron.

1) Can I copy a youtube video on a CD so that I can watch it on my DVD player on TV? I have a CD on my Windows XP burner, and all I know is how to transfer music to the CD. If so, what is the procedure and what kind of CD to purchase for this project please?

2) Can I transfer a Picasa slideshow set of pictures onto a CD so that I can watch it on my DVD player on TV?

Thank you.

A:Solved: CD burning on XP

"Can I copy a youtube video on a CD so that I can watch it on my DVD player on TV?"

No. Youtube videos require the Flash Player plug-in in your web browser, or a locally-installed media player such as VLC if the video is stored locally. Standalone DVD Players won't understand what a Flash video is. I've seen DVD Players which can play WMV (Windows Media Video) files, but not Flash videos.

I can't answer your query about Picasa since I don't use it, but it's certainly possible to put a slideshow on to a DVD given the right software, and it will play on your TV from a standalone DVD Player.. I just don't know if you can do it with Picasa.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-burning-on-xp.1079944/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have Nero software with the latest updates, which burns my CDs to great effect. However, each time I choose to add data to a DVD disk, I am unable to burn because this feature is greyed out. When I check is says the disk is empty! The total MB I want to add is 1400, which I believe is 1.4GB. The DVD holds 4.7GB therefore I cannot understand why it doesn't work. Can anyone help me, please?

Relevancy 65.36%

I need a good freeware cd/dvd burning software. Thanks.

A:Solved: cd/dvd burning

Free burning software (I don't know how many of these links are still good. But I use Infra Recorder for nearly everything and it has always served me faithfully. It has a simple interface but has available every conceivable advanced setting if you use them, and includes all the latest file systems and allows more than one per disk, so you can make Microsoft-like combo disks with both Joliet and UDF file systems at once. Infra is kept up-to-date and supports bluray burning. I save all my downloads on bluray now and it is very nice to be able to put 50 GB's on one disk! CDBurner XP is also popular and works on everything, not just XP. Imgburn will also burn nearly every type of disk, though being pointed toward images, it may be a little harder to figure out when burning other types.):

Astroburn
AmoK CD/DVD Burner
CDRTools Frontend
DeepBurner and DeepBurner Portable for removable drives
FinalBurner
Infra Recorder
Burning Mill (Express or Advanced)
CDBurnerXP Pro (Works perfectly in Vista.)
DP CD/DVD Burner
Dirk Paehl's EasyBurning
Burnaware
UsefulUtils CD/DVD Burner
StarBurn
BWGBurn
SilentNight Micro CD/DVD/ISO Burner
Small CD-Writer (standalone)
BurnAtOnce
EasyISO
Terabyte ISO Burner (standalone)
ISO Recorder for XP
Burrrn audio CD creator
MP3 CD Doctor Lite audio CD burner
BurnOn CD/DVD (no spyware but free version is adware supported)
Burn4Free CD/DVD Copy
Turtle MP3 Burner
MS-DOS Burning Tools (direct download)
Zilla CD/DVD Rip N' Burn

More free burners:

http://www.wikihouse.com/writing/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-dvd-burning.1112131/
Relevancy 65.36%

Im having burning (Solved) cds trouble burning CDs I download songs off my PC and put them on a ZIP disk Then I put the disk in my laptop and save the songs on the (Solved) burning cds desktop Using my (Solved) burning cds external burner I attempt to burn the CD But at what seems like random places (Solved) burning cds the burner pauses the status bar stops but the light on the burner keeps blinking as if it is still burning I try to cancel but it wont work I cant unplug eject the device because it says its burning a CD So I have to turn the power off of my laptop Ive used about CDs and Ive only got two to burn Im tired of wasting my CDs Im on a Compaq Presario laptop with Win SE and Easy CD Creator I dont have any other programs running I usually just sit there and watch it and Ad-Aware has taken off all the SpyWare that was on there Can anyone help me nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I was just wondering whether theres a special way to burn an ISO. Can I just say create data CD on nero and then drag and drop the files in like I would when making other CD's or is there a special method?

Relevancy 65.36%

I just reformatted my pc, and now when I uses convertxtodvd to burn-on the burning tab, where it shows what drive I want to use, instead of (ide) at the end of name of the burner, it now has (ata) I haven't been able to burn anything since because of errors now, using same blanks as I have always used.

A:Solved: dvd burning

well done solving it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvd-burning.946182/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, I'm not sure where this topic should go, so please forgive me if this is the wrong section. I am trying to make a DVD out of files on my computer, and I'm running into some trouble. The files I am trying to burn are AVI and MKV. I tried using DVDFlick, but when the DVDs are finished burning, the audio has a noticeable clicking, like a distortion sound. Any idea what could be causing this problem? Thank You

A:[SOLVED] DVD Burning Help

Hello brandino3

Have you tried using an alternative burning program to see if the problem still persists? I suggest you try ImgBurn.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dvd-burning-help-658975.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My brother burned home movies for me onto a DVD/CD. I want to copy these movies onto another DVD/CD and have never successfully burnt anything. What would be the best way to go about this? I own a HP home PC with Windows 7 and a HP laptop with Vista.

Relevancy 65.36%

How do i burn an avi file to a dvd using a free program without any watermarks?

A:Solved: Burning avi to dvd

well, you will need a dvd creator.
try this
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/...and_Animation_Tools/Video_DVD_Maker_FREE.html
This is a freeware, most of them are shareware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-avi-to-dvd.637785/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to Burn DVDs. I have a CD RW for burning CDs. Do I need new Software and use my existing CD Writer? or must I buy new hardware?

Relevancy 65.36%

I should know this but I don't. Probably a dumb question. I don't have a dvd burner on my PC.
My question is If I download one of the free DVD burners will I be able to burn a DVD?

A:Solved: DVD burning

No,you have to have a drive capable of burning.
The software allows you to use the capabilities of the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvd-burning.1045088/
Relevancy 65.36%

Can someone advise whats good to use for burning CD/DVDs, I've got Roxio easy media creator 10 but I find it a pain (use to like the old Roxio) it takes longer to burn and is more complicated.
I don't do much burning just copying music for the car or backup's, DVDs very rare.
Regards Geoff

A:Solved: CD burning

There are a lot of good, free ones. I like InfraRecorder. It keeps getting better. But CDBurnerXP is good, too.

Free burning software:

Astroburn
AmoK CD/DVD Burner
CDRTools Frontend
DeepBurner and DeepBurner Portable for removable drives
FinalBurner
Infra Recorder
Burning Mill (Express or Advanced)
CDBurnerXP Pro (Works perfectly in Vista.)
DP CD/DVD Burner
Dirk Paehl's EasyBurning
Burnaware
UsefulUtils CD/DVD Burner
StarBurn
BWGBurn
SilentNight Micro CD/DVD/ISO Burner
Small CD-Writer (standalone)
BurnAtOnce
EasyISO
Terabyte ISO Burner (standalone)
ISO Recorder for XP
Burrrn audio CD creator
MP3 CD Doctor Lite audio CD burner
BurnOn CD/DVD (no spyware but free version is adware supported)
Burn4Free CD/DVD Copy
Turtle MP3 Burner
MS-DOS Burning Tools (direct download)
Zilla CD/DVD Rip N' Burn

More free burners:

http://www.wikihouse.com/writing/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-burning.784849/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello bought myself Solved: ddl and dvd burning a sony dru- A Solved: dvd ddl and burning ddl dvd rw plus some ddl disks with gigs of capacity My system is athlon GHz gig DDR ram PC hmz and am having issues burning to the dvd The nero software that came with it recognizes that there are mb to write to the nero disk info tool states that the disk has a blank capacity of gigs so everything SEEMS correct The problems are as follows I cannot get nero to add more than gigs of data to be burned It gives me a file not specified i think not entirely sure will have to replicate it error In rooting about in the config settings under expert settings there is an area for DVD overburning I thought that may be the problem and I went to set it from the default MB to my desired MB It will not let me do this Anyone have any ideas I can give a LOT more details if necessary Let me know v nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have copied a DVD down onto my HDD and all in all the files (there is a folder called video_ts containing various BUP's, IFO's etc etc) are 7.6GB. Now i dont have any dual layer DVDs, is there anyway i can burn these onto a standard DVD that will play in all/most DVD players without losing too much on the quality of the video.

Any help greatful.

A:Solved: DVD Burning

What did you copy them from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvd-burning.616897/
Relevancy 65.36%

Do you actually need a CD Burner to burn CD's? Or can you do so with just CD Burning software (Nero, Daemon Tools, etc.)?

A:Solved: Burning CD's

whatchamacallit said:

Do you actually need a CD Burner to burn CD's? Or can you do so with just CD Burning software (Nero, Daemon Tools, etc.)?Click to expand...

YES, you need a CD Burner & the software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-cds.497054/
Relevancy 65.36%

How do I burn a MP3 CD to another CD in MP3 format. I tried using Sonic, browsing files on source CD, adding them, but when chosing "burn" I get message that files have been deleted or cannot be found. I also have Nero 5 on another computer but get message that format is not supported.

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

Is there any CD burning software that does not use the Windows ASPI files? I mainly need to copy photographs to CD.

Nero has somehow corrupted mine and I'd like to install a new programme that doesn't require them to run.

Regards....Mike

A:Solved: Burning CDs

You can install a fresh set of ASPI drivers, Adaptec Windows ASPI drivers version v4.71.2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-cds.462564/
Relevancy 65.36%

hi, i am new here, and loaded with a bunch of stupid questions so please bear with me ...

I would like to know in step by step process how to make a pc read from a cd when the pc starts up.. i am using a single processor pc, windows xp sp 3. In specific i want to be able to burn new software that i downloaded {partitioning software, and a copy of windows that i have on my pc already}. I have tried several ways of burning, but none seem to make the pc read from the cd when it boots up.. I have used nero mostly for this, and quite a few cd's can anyone help? please if you are going to use technical terms with more than one syllable, kindly explain it and the process of how to preform it
thank you for reading and taking the time to answer .

Relevancy 65.36%

hi i have a e-system1201 and when i try to burn a cd on itunes it says error 2131 can u help me

Relevancy 65.36%

So I downloaded RC1 in about 1hr-15min. Does anyone know if there are special tricks required to burn the ISO to DVD? I ask because Beta2 had issues if the DVD burn speed was too fast.

Relevancy 65.36%

I want to learn how to burn a DVD Solved: Burning DVD Help I have some clips of varying length in such formats as WMV Max wmv Mpeg Mpg Avi Hi asf basically anything that will play in Win Media player I Solved: DVD Burning Help have Nero Ultra installed can that be used for DVD s I don t have a Solved: DVD Burning Help DVD burner JUST a CD burner Heck I don t even have a DVD player YET and that s a whole nuther problem which player to buy MY questions are as follows Do I need a DVD Burner or will my CD burner work for DVD s If my regular CD burner will work do I need to buy blank DVD media I don t have a problem buying a NEW DVD burner but I d hate to if my old CD will burn DVD s I guess I don t even understand the basics of DVD s and how to burn them I ve tried to read up on the process but I get lost in the muddy water so to speak ANY help or advice you could offer would be a blessing Thanks Dave nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I've been trying to burn a cd of old songs with old radio jingles between. The songs download fine but the jingles are garbled. The songs are mp3 and I noticed the jingles are.wav. I have XP home and am using mmj. Also, what do I need to record songs that overlap as on the radio. Thanks for any help. p52

Relevancy 64.5%

I have an older Gateway 700SE and for the last couple days I have smelled something burning. I took off the casing and both fans are working. However the smell is coming out from where the main power supply (at least the main electrical cord plugs in there). What is this part and does it need to replaced? Is it something that I could do? To give you an idea of my ability, I have replaced the Hard Drive and added memory and have done general cleaning (pressurized air) in the past. Please help and thank you in advance.

Relevancy 64.5%

Generally, what is considered the best all-around CD burning software when it comes to general data, images, MP3, et cetera?

I have been using Ahead Nero Burning ROM 6.3.0.3 for a while now, but it's suddenly become very glitchy, so I would like to move on to something different.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Relevancy 64.5%

There was something that I wondered.

If you have a 700 MB, 80 Minutes CD and you also have 70MB, 90 minute MP3 file, how come it won't fit on the CD, even though it does not go over the memory limit. Why the limit on time?

Relevancy 64.5%

My HL-DT-ST DVD GSA-H55N ATA will not burn an ISO file. I have binned 7 discs so far. I am running Windows 8.1. The ISO file is a Spain Map for a BMW SatNav system. I would be grateful for any help

Relevancy 64.5%

I'm trying to burn a movie onto a disk so I can play it on DVD. On the computer, the movie is run in the program: Windows Media Player. Currently, I put in a CD-R blank disk into my burning ROM, I burned the Movie File onto it, and now, when I put it into my DVD Player, it sais that the disk cannot be played. Did I do something wrong? Is there any way I can coppy it onto DVD that will work?

Relevancy 64.5%

I have read all the current burning cd problems hoping my problem would surface, but it did not show. I installed a Data Becker audio disk and have been burning mp3 audio disks successfully. But have hit a problem; when I load the burn catalog and click the burn key the screen says preparing to burn but nothing happens. The screen freezes and I cant get out of the program: have to turn off the power. Anybody familiar with Data Becker? Please help

Relevancy 64.5%

I m using Roxio easy media creator I ve filled out Roxio s online help request form x the first time May To date they have not contacted me Technical Problem Easy Media Creator Platinum I am unable to create CD-R projects using my Samsung x burner Problem began after installing a new motherboard cpu amp ram unit Windows XP Pro SP The CD-R RW drive is recognized properly in quot my computer quot amp quot device manager quot Easy Media Creator identifies the CD Solved: please cd burning recommendation, Burner Solved: cd burning recommendation, please as TSSTcorp - CD-R RW TS-H A - T Device Properties Drive Vendor name TSSTcorp Drive Product name CD-R RW TS-H A Drive Firmware TS Can read the following medium types CD DVD-R Supported read speeds x x x x The are preceeded by an quot i quot in a circle Can read Cd-Text Can read ISRC and UPC The above are preceeded by a red quot X quot Can read barcode Is preceeded by a green check mark I have separate hard drives on one hard disk drive Win XP Pro SP is installed On this drive the problem occurs On the other hard drive I have installed Windows Pro SP On this drive I have no problems After I select files to copy using Roxio Media Creator then left click quot burn quot the project summary appears It states quot no devices selected quot I searched the internet for quot no devices selected quot roxio and found no hits There were no burners show when I clicked on the Details button after clicking on Burn I have tried multiple blank CD-R disks but the result is the same I use Imation CD-R disks which I used before I swapped the motherboard old ASUS new MSI cpu old Duron new Sempron amp ram old SDRAM new DDR Thanks for your help I ve also posted on Roxio s user forum No one could help me Today Tues May I tried to again access Roxio s forum but received an error message An Error Has Occured Sorry but we cannot process your request at this time Error Details Error Details Are Unavailable I would like my problem solved so if you can help please reply If you can t help please suggest alternate CD burning software Thanks for your attention to my problem B nbsp

A:Solved: cd burning recommendation, please

It might be that the Windows XP built-in utility is conflicting with your program. Both are made by Roxio.

Try using another program like www.cdburnerxp.se

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-burning-recommendation-please.365289/
Relevancy 64.5%

I am having trouble burning MP3 CD's using Windows Media Player 11. I can rip the CD's I want to copy in the MP3 format but when I try to burn they are converted to WMA format. I am trying to play them on Harley Davidson Advanced Audio System by Harman/Kardon. The Harley owners manual says the CD player will accept commercial audio discs as well as compact discs recorded with MP3 (MPEG 2.5 Leve lll). I am trying to get as much music as I can on a CD due to the limited spece while touring and the limited radio stations in some areas.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Murf

Relevancy 64.5%

Hey, I'm not getting any response from the Business Apps forum , so maybe you peeps can help me. Howcome every time I insert a music file froma regular audio cd int a Powerpoint, and burn the whole powerpoint to cd, The burned cd will not play the sound?

A:Solved: burning a powerpoint to CD

From what I have been able to read on line, PowerPoint only stores links to the track numbers on the original music CD. It does not store the actual music on the computer or on a burned CD of the presentation

I suspect you would first need to rip the desired CD music tracks to music files on your hard drive that are compatible with your particular version of PowerPoint. You would then need to burn the presentation and music files to final data CD.

--
Chuck W.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-a-powerpoint-to-cd.439335/
Relevancy 64.5%

I've been using nero for years but it doesn't work with my new Vista install. I would appreciate a little help finding a new burning freeware program. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Solved: need burning software

Which version of Nero are you using?
Nero 7 is compatible.

There are a couple of alternatives but may not have all the functionality that you want.
http://cdburnerxp.se/
http://www.deepburner.com/

Google searching will give you plenty of other alternatives as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-burning-software.725726/
Relevancy 64.5%

I am using wmp10 to convert music cd's to mp3 files. I have not a problem with this. My problem is wmp will not put all 42 files on one cd, even though it's only 135mb (7.2 hrs.) of music. It asks for three different disks. The setting under options is marked for conversion 128 rate allowing 11 hours of music.

I'm sure this is something simple and I have just forgotten about it. I did this once before but a long time ago. I suffer from CRS!!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 64.5%

I'm trying to burn a folder onto a CD-RW disk. There are some files that won't burn because they say that there is an error, but my files are fine on the computer. What kind of error is the comp. detecting and how can I fix it so that I can burn these files?

Relevancy 64.5%

I am having trouble burning photos and short movies onto DVD+R from Libraries/Pictures in windows 7.
I am 3/4s filling the 4.76 GB disc apparently successfully. When I reinsert the completed disk it shows it to be completely full but with no content listed and so I cannot access the photos from the disc.
I'd appreciate any help please.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3787 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1893 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 405196 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., P8H61-MX R2.0
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a CR-RW burner and a DVD burner in my box. Today, I tried a couple of times to burn using the CD burner but nothing happened. It appeared to go through the motions but nothing was on the CD. Burned just fine on the DVD burner.
The CD burner partially works; that is it does everything except burn a CD. IF the lens are dirty/dusty, would a blast of air from a can of air perhaps blow the dust away while the drive is still in the computer? If not, how are the lens cleaned? I ask because I have not encountered this before. As usual, TIA
And Happy Thanksgiving to all.

A:Solved: Cd-rw Drive Not Burning A Cd

Replaced the bad burner with a functioning burner today. My already installed software recognized the burner

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-rw-drive-not-burning-a-cd.419373/
Relevancy 64.5%

Anyone can recommend burning software for Windows 7?

I know it has it's own built in burner but it doesn't work with CD-RW. It appears to work but then won't play. I've done it so many times now I just want to find something that will work. I have Nero Express and Cyberlink but they won't work with 7.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi ,

Ive got two folders each of size 2.2 Gb.
However when I try to burn two of these onto a dvd using Nero , it says that the combined size is greater than 4.5 Gb and so it wont fit on the disc

I cant waste space this way !

please help.

Relevancy 64.5%

I am trying to find a software which is good at burning ISO images, copying DVD's, mainly rewritables, burning CD's, and occasionaly backing up some favorite movies..

What would you recommend as a good software that is known to work with Vista?

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, I'm having trouble with burning some songs onto a disc...Everytime i try and put in a blank disc (I've tried numerous discs) My computer doesn't recognise that i've put a blank one in and still asks me to insert a blank disc
Thanks for helping

A:Solved: Question about burning CD-R

Can you place the blank disc in the drive before booting the burning software? Maybe someone else has encountered a similar problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-question-about-burning-cd-r.603147/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have tried to burn music from iTunes onto a CD. I am putting it onto a CD-RW disc and i got the following message: "The attempt to burn a disc failed. The disc is locked and cannot be written to." These are brand new Cd's that were just bought and I haven't put anything on them. If anyone knows anything just let me know. Thanks

A:Solved: Help with iTunes and Burning a CD

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93286

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-itunes-and-burning-a-cd.478795/
Relevancy 64.5%

Team -

I started out with the simple task of transferring some JPG's to a CD-R disc. I thought it would have been something that took minutes. I don't do this often, but past exercises have been trouble free.

After several tries, I am frustrated by not being able to complete the task... the result of the write attempt being "cannot complete."

I did classic Windows "send to" type of burning... and size was well within the 770MB CD. I did the ol "send to" as well as copy and paste.

My PC is running XP with SP3 and otherwise up to date. What am I missing?

Amazing how simple things can make you feel stupid. I have successfully burned music CD's via MusicMatch, so I don't think there is a drive/hardware issue afoot.

Please... I need a revelation (or a slap in the head)!

Thanks.

Relevancy 64.5%

Gee I hope I don t sound really stuipid When I bought my laptop it came with these programs that believe it or not confuse me Can you please confirm something for me before I go crazy Burning Solved: Software I have been trying to burn pictures to a DVD-R and have not been able to The programs I have are Philips DVD RW SDVD AND NTI Solved: Burning Software CD amp DVD-Maker Gold Now for my stuipid question is one of these a burning software Solved: Burning Software Like do I have everything I need to burn a DVD Once I know this I certainly don Solved: Burning Software t mind taking the time to research the HELP menu on the burning program to figure out what I am doing wrong I hope I posted this to the right FORUM and really sorry if I did not Please help I really want to make a DVD of all my grandkids and would appreciate so much any help you can provide me with I do have Nero which I downloaded BUT wow thats a confusing program for me so I uninstalled it If the NTI CD amp DVD - Maker Gold is a burning software I would rather use that one Thanking you all in advance GRAMMA nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi

I am looking for a DVD burning program, i am using windows media player but doesnt seem to burn dvd's just cd's ?

Thank you

Dan

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello. I have home video dvds I'd like to make copies of to give to family members. Can you recommend what software to purchase or download please? Also, I have an XP version 2002 with 2 drives. How can I be sure I'm able to make copies of the DVDs before I purchase the software? Thank you.

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I'm not sure where I should post this but here goes. I have a few files I recorded during the summer and I have been using ConvertXToDVD to convert them to a full DVD with menu and all to a DVD+R. The issue I'm having is that when I'm trying to play the DVD on /any/ DVD-player it's having trouble to start and sometimes while playing it can jump chapters or just completely freeze. Last summer the DVDs worked fine and it was the same kind of CDs I was using.

What can I do to fix this? I have tried to run the DVD on an older and newer player but it's still having issues to run.

Thanks!

NOTE: I'm currently on a Windows XP Media Center Edition laptop, ignore my specs and OS put in my profile.

A:[SOLVED] Burning issues.

What is the brand of the blanks you are using? Only use name brand blanks (ex) TDK, Sony, Phillips etc. Burn at the slowest possible speed for the DVD's. Burning with generic blanks and burning too fast cause discs to show the symptoms you are having. Do not have any other programs, screen savers running in the background while burning.
I have had the most luck with DVD-R's

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-burning-issues-654859.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, can anyone reccomend a good burning software for CDs (not dvds,) prefferably free.
Nero is a PIA, as is Sonic.....

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a folder which contains two video files. A .cue and a .bin.

Can anyone tell me how to burn these files onto a DVD? Is there a step-by-step guide?

Anyways, help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 64.5%

hi guys i have downloaded game from torrents and its all in winrar file i took the first file and Extract it with Power iso and i got the Iso file and i used Dvd Decryptor software to burn tthe game on dvd after done i put in my ps2 it did not work can anyone please help me

A:Solved: Burning iso games on Dvd for Ps2

Think you need to re-read the rules here at TSG.
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
We don't help with piracy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-iso-games-on-dvd-for-ps2.745482/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
I'm trying to backup a Win98CD that has been installed on the hard drive of an AMD Athlon 1GHz. I have Nero 6 software installed and am using Nero backitup v.1.2.0.11 to backup the data on an NEC DVD_RW ND-3520A. Things seem to go OK and the burning gets as far as 74% before it freezes. Cancelling the burning gives an error 'could not perform EndTrack'. This has happened three times, and the freezing appears to happen at the same place. I'd be grateful to know if anyone any ideas what may be wrong as I've never tried to burn a CD before?

Relevancy 64.5%

My CD/DVD burner in the Toshiba Satellite pro A210-EZ2203X is not working right. It's been burning "coasters" out of my CD-Rs. I don't think i have to download a driver for it because on Toshiba's site there is nothing for it....on itunes when i try burning a cd, i keep getting an error saying something like-"an unknown error has occured (error 2131)"...Can anyone help me out?

Relevancy 64.5%

ok i need to know what type of file it needs to be for me to burn as a dvd and ..i need instructions on burning to the disc usin nero express 6 or windows media player

Relevancy 64.5%

Does anyone know of a site that I could find a DVD/CD burning program, to download for free (preferrably) or at least inexpensive?

Relevancy 64.5%

I've used power ISO to burn my ISO files but I have to try at least 2 times to be a successful burn.

Is there any good DVD burner out there that has 1X burn speed and does not cause any errors?

A:Solved: What is the best DVD burning tool?

I either use ISO Recorder or CD Burner XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-is-the-best-dvd-burning-tool.758398/
Relevancy 64.5%

ok so when i turn on my pc, i can smell the distinct scent of plastic burning or being very hot, my pc didn't do this until today and when i check the core temp it's around 34C, but when i open something up like a game then i can smell it again and the core temp jumps obvoiously. call me paranoid but i never remember loading something and smelling something that was burning.

paranoid or is they something wrong?

Relevancy 64.5%

Just got a CD-RW drive and have tried burning an MP3 file from my hard drive to a CD-R disk. Am using NTI CD-Maker 2000 software (version 4.2.66) that came with the drive. Although the file sounds fine when played from the computer, playing the CD sounds like the chipmunks. What is wrong?

A:(Solved) CD-RW burning question

Make sure that the MP3ís are in the correct format. The format of your MP3ís may not be a standard format recognized by CD-Maker 2000.

The standard format for MP3ís should be:
44.1 kHz
16k Bit Stereo
Recommended Bit Rate of 128 KB/S

If the MP3ís are not in the correct format, try using third-party software such as: Cool Edit
or Win amp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-rw-burning-question.55638/
Relevancy 64.5%

I've recently got a 5 pack of memorex high speed CD-RWs now i use CD-RWs allot to transfer data from here to my other computer which is without internet atm but i always use Nero's full erase disk option.

But now, I just had to open my 3rd disk because 2 of them aren't working anymore! There not showing up as free space disk's and both NERO and Windows basic burning service wont burn them Windows is even saying that i need to put in a disk first before burning

Theres not a scratch on both of the disc's and i cant figure out whats going on. can these disk's be saved or are they done? Thank you.

SPECS:
WinXP SP2 ver. 2002 OEM
Intel Pentium 3 processor
601 Mhz 512 Ram
Drive: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E

(yeah i know its a grandpa compared to todays modern super computers but its still going strong)

Relevancy 64.5%

I am copying a disc to my hard drive and then I want to burn it to a CD with nero can someone please help me out on how to do this. I am new to Nero so any help is appreciated.

A:Solved: Burning a disc

How about the exact type of disk you're copying to the hard disk, and the version of Nero? Is this an audio disk, video disk, data disk, what?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-a-disc.510912/
Relevancy 64.5%

hello,this is my first time posting and i'm a beginner when it comes to pc's.should it take 8 minutes to copy a music cd.this is what i have(HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8161B [CD-ROM drive]
LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S [CD-ROM drive])my pc is a xp2600,512 memory,120gb hd.2.08 gh.

thanks,blazin2

Relevancy 64.5%

I have been working with Mpeg Video Wizard and now I want to burnt it to DVD. What would you recommend for a quality burning program? Also, any advice on what kind of disks to use?

A:Solved: DVD Burning Software

Is there some reason you don't use or don't want to use Mpeg Video Wizard DVD?

I've never had any problem with Verbatim branded DVDs for video authoring across several different DVD burners (LiteOns mainly).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvd-burning-software.643971/
Relevancy 64.5%

All I want to do is successfully burn movies on to a dvd disk using a dvd burner. Using Roxio 7.0 basic dvd home. Some movies I downloaded from the internet have a .wmv or a .avi or a .mpg after them. What part on Roxio do I use to burn these types of movies with? Copy data to disk,copy files to disk, these seem to be the only ones that will work as far as getting it to burn. Thanks,

A:Solved: Burning movies

http://www.videohelp.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-movies.301595/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there,

I am having trouble with burning cds.

I have purchased a usb turntable to convert my vinyl record to cd. I have maanged to do this, and the cds I have burnt will play back on my computer, but not on my cd player in the home or in my car. I am using CR-R 52X . I don't think I am doing anything wrong, could it be the cds I am using. The software suggest that I use CD-r. I do not plan to download to MP3 players. can anybody help please

Relevancy 64.5%

A forced update that required reboot threw my CA Internet Security Suite which has run years with no problems into chaos I couldn t even log into this site without disabling it The tech guy just tried to put me on with a technician after I was told days ago that the problem was known and would be fixed without my participation I should just wait LOL Well CA Firewall burning me is up! Solved: I said that the problem is not on my computer and that I have no intention of reinstalling my system to suit CA I m in a wrath Does anyone else have this problem and has anyone an idea of how to fix it I don t want to deal with the dumb CA techs but I need a Firewall I know from trying to delete Norton and Panda how impossible it can be to get a security suite off a computer and that a new suite won t install while there s a trace of the old one around nbsp Solved: CA Firewall is burning me up!

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Pioneer DVR-113NP dvd burner and runnning XP. I have burned dvd's on this many times before. All of a sudden, I cannot burn dvd's, but can still burn cd's. When I try to burn the dvd it tellms to insert a disc for burning, but never reads it. Can't see why upgrading to explorer 7 would affect it, but that's the only thing different between burnings. Device is still listed as working in device manager. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Solved: DVR-113NP not burning dvd's

I upgraded to Explorerr 8 instead of 7...if that makes a whole lot of difference. had a senior moment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvr-113np-not-burning-dvds.977912/
Relevancy 64.5%

I POSTED BEFORE THIS MESSAGE WRONGLY SORRY PLEASE I am an old collector of classical Friendly burning CD Solved: music and am starting to download most excellent paid pieces that DGG and other places currently offer I like to get them in music type files WAV and so on on CD s format I have just Microsoft Windows Player that doesn t practically permit to arrange anything except transforming the files For example I just downloaded Solved: Friendly CD burning the famous s Liszt Sonata by Horowitz and at passed to CD different tracks that in this piece are suposed to be just virtual for strictly musical purposes not at all separated got recorded with a lapse of arround two seconds between them that s a real murder I know that with other applications one is able to get these laps off As it s obvious for the nature of my huge collection and downloads together with bad experienced had by my sons I am not interested in sharing issues applications I got Nero but it resulted in feeling that all blank CD s were bad and wrongly rejected and I deleted it My older son recommends iTunes that I had in my PC for a while but appeared to me as essentially addressed to young people interested in the quot ideal quot of sharing everything Many thanks and kind regards nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I'm trying to burn some video files to DVD using ConvertXToDVD, however the videos are 1600x1200 resolution and when I view the DVD it misses out the edges of the video. As if it's zoomed in a bit. Is there any way to burn these files so the whole video will be viewable?

Cheers

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, first post... I've been burning cd's and DVD's for a while, never had this problem before. Hubby and I installed a DVD burner a few months ago, on my old config it worked beautifully. I recently (accidentally, long story) restored the computer, and have been reeling from all the missing stuff since. I've tried about 5 different programs since ruining 5 DVD-R's trying to burn a data DVD, and now this morning I have a compilation ready to burn, and Power2Go is opening the wrong drive and refuses to accept new settings or burn the DVD.

Do I need to configure something in the control panel? The program is giving me the info on the empty DVD, why isn't it using the right drive to burn? Thanks guys!

A:[SOLVED] Problem burning DVD's

In Power to Go, you'll have the option to select which CD or DVD drive you want to burn with. It may be in a drop down box in the program or under something like Tools or Options. I don't recall exactly, since I don't have PTG in front of me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-problem-burning-dvds-588894.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Im trying to burn mp These filles were saved as Windows Media files When I burn using Nero there burn on the disk ok but Solved: Burning Mp3 6.0 - Nero I can t here them on my car stereo My car stereo is compatible for mp s and I have had cd s made for me before and I can play them on my car stereo The file on the disk I burned stay as Windows Medial files I can play them on my computer only The file extension is nr This is my first burn well rd unsucessful Solved: Burning Mp3 - Nero 6.0 I ve tried burning them at a lowere speed and as a Solved: Burning Mp3 - Nero 6.0 TAO Solved: Burning Mp3 - Nero 6.0 Track-at Once as recommended on the Nero site What else can I do What am I doing wrong I am also using Windows XP if that helps Let me know if you need any more info Maybe I just need a step by step guide Not sure Help me if you can Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Similar but not the same as a problem I had before...

Attempts to burn .cue files gives me nothing but an unreadable CD. It acts like there is a data on it, but I can't see any of it.

I've tried a number of different applications that can burn from .cue/.bin files.

I can burn normal files to a CD without incident. I tried Magic ISO, which let me view the files in the .bin, extract them to a folder and then I was able to burn them.

So why can't I burn directly from the .cue/.bin file, when it -appears- that things are working properly?

Relevancy 64.5%

hello ppl. is there any (free) software that will allow me to burn any file on a DVD-R. (like simply just dragging the file)i tried to slect the files and right clicking/send to/ but my DVD burner was not listed there. my cd burner was though. is there any software like that, that will burn my slected files?