Windows Support Forum

dvd burning

Q: dvd burning

I recently created a photo montage with audio using windows movie maker. I saved it as a wmv file. I realized when I put it in my dvd player (for the tv) that it does not support that format. I was told I had to convert it to mpeg. It was suggested that I useTPMGEnc to do that. I downloaded it from the new freeware website. I tried to convert the file, but it cam up as a tpr file that is only supported by TPMGEnc. So I tried to convert that file. In the save project area I told it to save as mpeg. But when it was finished it had 2 parts to it, a w2v and wma file. HELP! I am a novice and really want to get this thing into a format that can be read by a usual dvd player. Thanks PCClan

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: dvd burning

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: dvd burning

try this site for help, lots of guides, tools, and links to software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.172379/
Relevancy 26.66%

I use DVD-R for almost a month only thing on it is pictures and word doc so nothing can go to wrong I do back ups I would say almost times a week I have use this DVD-R for almost a month and every thing is working okay Now gone showing burning wrong DVD disc nothing now on the sessions some thing gone wrong When I click start computer DVD drive it shows no DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing files nothing It like the files got DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing deleted or it cannot see the files When I right click on the drive and click on properties it shows MB used and that is about right I don t know what to do it like the files got deleted or it cannot see the files But the properties it shows MB used that about right I was using windows vista built in burning software This all stop working after I copy an paste folder to other folder on the disc I than tried Nero the basic burning software and when in Nero burning software I click on analyze disc it shows sessions and MB used and that is about right I than tried to make copy of bad disc When I click copy disc it copies it and than tells me to put in new disc and copies to it but it is still not showing up when I click on start computer DVD drive So it seems it still there but for some reason it cannot see it nbsp

A:DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing

Burning multiple sessions to a DVD-R disk is most likely the problem. (Ideally, you should be using an external hard drive to backup) You should use DVD-RW, rewritable, disks and just burn everything in one session, close the disk; then move onto next DVD-RW, burn everything, close disk. continue this until you are back to the original disk in a rotation, then erase the disk, and continue on.
As for why you cannot see data on the DVD-R disk, it's most likely because of the multiple sessions. On a DVD-R or +R disk you should burn once, and be done with it. You might be able to recover data with a 3rd party program, but since it's optical media my hopes are not high. Be sure to have the "show hidden files & folders" option ticked on so maybe, if the files are hidden on the DVD-R disk you might be able to see them.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope this helps you in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-gone-wrong-now-disc-showing-nothing.184420/
Relevancy 26.66%

Occasionally I will get errors in my event viewer when I burn a music dvd or data disc. The errors are, device cdrom has a bad block and nvgts errors. If nvgts is to do with nvidia then what would that have to do with my dvd writer? I noticed after that dvd was made it had a cyclic redundancy check errors on it and it was a brand new disc. Also it gave me crc errors and the same errors in event viewer of cdrom and nvgts when trying to copy the disc contents to the hard drive. What I don't get is what would cause these errors when burning a disc and how did a brand new disc get crc errors? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank You!

A:Errors when burning discs

Replace it. Asus, LG, Lite-On, Samsung, Plextor, and Pioneer all have DVD-RW optical drives in the $18 to $30 price range. Why put up with a troublesome unit when they are so inexpensive.
Optical drives, DVD-Rw drives wear out quickly... depend on it to fail within a year, and if used a lot it can fail in five months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-when-burning-discs.177687/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everyone

I'm having a problem with my DVD burner... actually I've had it for almost two years now, but I only decided that enough is enough with this thing and I want to find a solution for it.

The long and short of it is this. Whenever I try to burn something on my DVD, it fails at the end and gives me an 'input/output' error and ejects the DVD. I have no idea why this happens. I should note that my DVD drive is fine otherwise, it can play DVDs and CDs without any problem. If anyone needs any additional information, I even saved the log-file that the my DVD burning software saved after it was finished.

Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks in advance.

A:Input/output error when burning DVDs

What software are you using? Try CDBurnerXP, it's free.
Also, try a different manufacturers DVD's.
And you could look for a firmware update for the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/input-output-error-when-burning-dvds.177467/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi everyone,
My name is Amanda, mommy of 2. Know some about computers but not everything and I don't know how to fix this. I have been using my burner just fine for days, now all of a sudden it's saying Wrong Volume, some type of error message like that. It has said that before with please insert Audio cd or it will say some other weird insert the file name.
So I'm not sure what's going on. What happen from a few days ago to now? I've been having this problem for the last couple of days now & I just got this computer like a week ago. So I'm trying to see if I just need to take all my stuff off of here (which isn't a lot) And just get a different computer.

Help please!!!

Amanda Webb
Thanks for reading and if you can help I really appreciate it. :wave:

A:Burning & then says wrong volume

Describe the computer, and whether a desktop or laptop... and tell us how frequently you burn items to a disk. Those units do wear out, and are one of the high volume failures on some computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-then-says-wrong-volume.177168/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello Techspot,

on my PC I found some windows 7 professional 64 bit and 32 bit isos. These are from my friend who built my PC. I currently have a 32 bit. I would like to update to a 64 bit. I will be using a DVD-RW type DVD and my optical drive: BENQ DVD DD DW1640 ATA Device.

My question is, will the optical drive be capable of burning the iso to the DVD-RW?

The description of the optical drive from Speccy can be found in the attachment.

Thanks

A:Burning Windows 7 64-bit ISO using Benq DVD DD DW1640 ATA device

Looks like it'll support both +RW & -RW. More importantly, what size is the ISO? I've only seen 4.7GB rewritable DVD. So if the ISO is bigger than that, then you'll have to burn it to a double layer DVD. Which looks like your drive will support also.

You have a retail version of Win7 or OEM? You might want to look into whether your existing key/license is still valid after you upgrade it to 64bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-windows-7-64-bit-iso-using-benq-dvd-dd-dw1640-ata-device.170070/
Relevancy 26.66%

Updated memory on Diemension dell 1100. Put the sticks in wrong way. Turned on, no action
but a burning smell. Powered down and inserted chips correctly. PC ok now but would there have been any
permanent damage and is there a remote risk of the PC going on fire ?

A:Burning smell upgrading RAM

It's hard to see without me seeing it personally. If it's working OK now I'd continue to use it as normal. However obviously they're not designed to work with backwards memory hehe.

I'd do a backup of your data just in case, and then keep an eye on things and see how it goes. I doubt the machine will catch on fire. Check the motherboard for any signs of blown capacitors or scorch marks maybe?

Can't remember the last time I dealt with improperly installed memory and then tried to boot so sorry I can't offer up more suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-smell-upgrading-ram.163931/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a computer that was put together. I have a LG Internal Super Multi DVD Rewriter that should burn dvd's! Recently i've been trying to burn some movies onto them so i can watch them on tv. I'm using Memorex 16x 4.7gb DVD-R and i've used like two or three different burning programs but im not sure if its the discs, disc drive, or burning programs. So far i've used ImgBurn and Windows Media Player but neither of them worked on my xbox nor DVD Player.

A:Need assistance with burning DVD's

Hi Jo you could try one of these of the list on this page.
http://www.techmixer.com/free-windows-cd-dvd-burner-software-list-download/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-assistance-with-burning-dvds.159363/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just built a computer. My dvd drive is a Lite-On ATAPI iHAS124 B ATA Device. i can use it to read discs and it seemed fine till i tried to burn a dvd with windows dvd maker. It cant find a DVD burning drive. I tried different programs with the same results. I went into the device manager and device properties, and under its general properties in "device status" it says "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)". I have gone to the Lite-On site and looked for its drivers to download and the closest i could find was iHas120. Ive tried looking on other websites but have had no luck. I am running Windows 7 64bit Home edition. Hope someone can help. i know its dvd+r rewriteable drive, it says so right on it.

A:DVD drive isn't being recognized by burning software

Try this firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-isnt-being-recognized-by-burning-software.155572/
Relevancy 26.66%

hey guys girls im having a rather annoying problem with my dvd burner as the title leads on it started burning extremely slowly and by that i mean a regular gb dvd takes hours to burn and im burning regular avi movies something that normally takes somewhere between - mins max the hardware i got is a LG HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GSA-T N burner and its attached to my DVD burning extremely slow xps laptop running windows xp pro now i did a little digging on the net about this issue and alot of DVD burning extremely slow ppl have experienced this with alot of other drives and usually the problem is the OS changes the data transfer mode from DMA to PIO to which many ppl have many solutions so here is where my problem begins first and foremost my device manager IDE controllers looks like this ------------------------------ intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - primary IDE channel primary IDE channel ricoh memory stick controller ricoh sd mmc host controller ricoh xD-picture card controller -------------------------------- first thing i did was check the advanced settings in the primary ide channel both of them and one of them is running ultra DMA mode im assuming thats the hard drive and the other is running ultra DMA mode assuming thats the dvd burner so nothing i can change there so i tried to DVD burning extremely slow uninstall the quot second quot primary IDE channel the fourth one from the top - the one that is running ultra DMA mode then i restarted and the problem still persists so i went back on the net to search for other options some which called for a registry fix which was something along these lines went through regedit to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE where i was supposed to find and manually delete the correct folder which contained the dvd burner registry in the above mentioned reg folder i have this --------------------------------- -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh sd mmc host controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh xD-picture card controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh memory stick controller properties ------------------------------------- so i deleted the as naturally it seemed to be the quot second quot primary IDE channel entry here i wasnt sure about and as per why where they named secondary ide channels when there wasnt any indication of secondary in the device manager after which i restarted and again nothing changed at this point i went and updated the firmware for the burner to the latest version but again to no avail after countless other hours sifting through the net for solutions i thought id ask some experts about this so here i am EDIT it seems my hdd transfer speed is slow as well i tried moving gb from my onboard hdd to an external hdd an operation which normally takes maybe mins and it took me over an hour and a half can you please help me ps in case any is asking or if it is of any relevance using nero sony blank dvd-r single layer also i burned about dvd s one after the other out of the same package and a few hours later i tried a th one which turned out to take more than twice the other combined i also burned a th th and th with all my other speed check attempts after the troubleshooting i attempted nbsp

A:DVD burning extremely slow

Hm, if both your hard drive and your DVD burner are running slow, I would suggest maybe looking into flashing the BIOS of your motherboard? Both the HD and the DVD are hooked up by SATA, correct?

A few things to test here: Transferring data from the computer to an external drive seems slow, try transferring data the same way in Safe Mode, see if it speeds up any, if it does, I would say some type of software is slowing it down.

Could try replacing the SATA cables, or if you have more then 2 SATA ports on the board, if they are not already spaced out, try spacing them farther apart(Though I do not see this as a soloution, you can always try it)

One other thing you could try if you believe it might be software/registry related rather then hardware is do a Recovery to a date/time previous to when you experienced this problem, see if that helps any,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-extremely-slow.155023/
Relevancy 26.66%

I've heard overclocking is not a great idea because it can burn up your vid card.
Is this true?

I don't overclock and my vid card seems to get hot all too often.

A:Burning up vid cards by overclocking?

Usually will only happen if you overvolt for extended periods.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-up-vid-cards-by-overclocking.154621/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey guy s I always have problems burning Either the disk will burn and only work on my PC or the process will stop when it comes time to burn and say there s no CD I have the Matroska pack and Divx plus I did manage to download an audio cd and burn it and have it work last night in my car I think my problem is that my DVD player on my TV is to burning Buring noob Total problems. not DIVX do I need to use a different Codec WMA Does some one have Buring problems. Total noob to burning an easy solution for burning I ve got DVD-R and DVD R and CD-R What Buring problems. Total noob to burning should I use for what Buring problems. Total noob to burning Is there one CD DVD I can get to do it all I m running Bit Torrent Real player SP Win media player Video free file converter I have a Pentium R Dual-Core E Ghz Ghz Gb Ram On Win XP with SP MB is a ASUS P GC-MX Socket DVD R burner by LG nbsp

A:Buring problems. Total noob to burning

74sundance said:

Hey guy's...
I always have problems burning..Either the disk will burn and only work on my PC or the process will stop when it comes time to burn and say there's no CD.I have the Matroska pack and Divx plus.Click to expand...

Have you tried "ImgBurn" ? http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3285-imgburn.html WTF is the "Matroska pack"?

74sundance said:

I did manage to download an audio cd and burn it and have it work last night in my car.Click to expand...

Big deal, even Windows Media Player will burn CD Audio. You should give that a shot.

74sundance said:

I think my problem is that my DVD player on my TV is not DIVX do I need to use a different Codec (WMA)? Does some one have an easy solution for burning?Click to expand...

The DVD player in the TV is probably DVD-Video format only, unless it specifically states otherwise. Even free standing players that claim Divx, won't play all forms of it. It certainly won't run .wma or .avi files.

74sundance said:

I've got: DVD-R and DVD+R and CD-R
What should I use for what? Is there one CD/DVD I can get to do it all???Click to expand...

In a perfect world, yes. In this one, not a chance. Although you could ditch the DVD-R, there's no real need for it unless you have an old freestanding DVD recorder that needs them.

Data files and some others can be placed on CD or DVD. You wreck the quality of files when you convert them to different formats. Better to play them in the format you get them. Try installing VLC Media Player, it has codecs built in for almost every format.http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1888-vlc-media-player-for-windows.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buring-problems-total-noob-to-burning.153402/
Relevancy 27.52%
Q: Burning

i use nero 9, when i bur n movies my pc tells me my drive is disconnected

A:Burning

What drive is disconnected? An external burner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning.134700/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an emachines T with a AM mobo in it Recently we went on vacation When we got home the wife tried to turn the computer on but the power button didn t light and the computer wouldn t boot the fan on the cpu would run I opened up the case and noticed an electrical fire smell Two components on the motherboard were burning The component in the U up Motherboard Emachines T2482 Burning and the R sockets on the board Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up Tiny components around the system fan plug Okay so must be the motherboard is shot I bought a brand new one for Not bad I would say and a cheap fix Well I received Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up the new mother Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up board installed it and pluged the cord into the back of the power supply and the machines turned itself on still with no power light As I watched what it was doing I noticed the same two components burning up again I ve read many posts about the power supply having no overpower protection Is this a problem that anyone else has had I want to get the wifes computer running again but I don t want to spend the money on a mobo and jpower supply just to burn up another mobo nbsp

A:Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up

Chances are it's the power supply. there are two common faliure modes for e-machines and both lead to a failed psu (1. PSU overvolts and takes out the motherboard, 2. Motherboard shorts out and takes out PSU). Since e-machines uses cheap PSUs with poor protection they will still run when they are "Bad" but they will fry anything connected to them. Other components could have been fried by the initial failure but the damage is usually limited to the PSU and motherboard.
Any of these PSUs would work well for that system (and they are good quality)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104901
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151085
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703018

Also E-machines motherboards are failure prone and non-e-machines motherboards will require a new copy of windows (about $100) to work. Your best bet may be to build/ buy a new system perticuarily given the age and specs of that machine. $350 could build a system that will run circles around that computer useing decent components. (Just someting to consider)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-t2482-motherboard-burning-up.134479/
Relevancy 26.66%

ok, so i know that this question has been asked a few times already but i am in need of a free program to burn dvds. i have downloaded some movies to my pc and now im having trouble finding a good program that will allow me to burn them to disc. obviously they are not all the same type of files, some are avi. some are mp4 files etc. i can covert them to other formats, but so far i havent been able to burn them.

if anybody knows of a program that will do what im looking for please let me know.

A:In search of a free dvd burning program

If you want free dvd burnung program you can find it via google easily. i found one program called InfraRecorder, but i didnt test it so i dont know if it works. just type infrarecorder in google and go to their website. on the righ menu somewhere you have download link. its a small program, just 3.19MB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-search-of-a-free-dvd-burning-program.132048/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a LaCie 500gb external harddrive that I use to back up my laptop and store large files. It has its own power supply and connects to my computer by USB. The other day I plugged it into the power supply and noticed it wouldnt turn on and there was an electrical burning smell coming from the plug on the harddrive. Is it possible that it is just the plug damaged and my data is still ok? Can I remove the data from the harddrive somehow? Would it be worth trying to get someone to repair it or should I just buy a new one?

I don't know alot about this sort of thing and any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

A:External harddrive not working, burning smell, can I retrive my data or repair it?

Yes Ur Harddisk Is Damaged Nothing will be retrive from It

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-harddrive-not-working-burning-smell-can-i-retrive-my-data-or-repair-it.130489/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all,
I'm using SAMSUNG CD R-RW for the last 5- 6 years.
Recently I tried to burn a CD wih Nero, but it went fine and in the end throwed the message Burn process completed. But nothing there is in the CD.
The second time, when i tried, it went to 99% almost and showed as Burn process failed.

Then i tried with Windows writer wizard, but the same result.

Almost I have tried with 3-4 brands of blank CD's.

Not able to figure out where the problem located CD or CD Drive? If so what to do to solve this issue?

I hope this is the Right place to raise this question.

A:CD R-RW not burning my CDs

If you used different brands of CD I am positive you can get rid of that notion. Have you tried just moving files over to the discs? Sounds like your disc drive might be going out (Or already has) Is it making any sound it didn't before? I had my disc drive on my laptop go out. Started to sound like a jet engine taking off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-r-rw-not-burning-my-cds.129625/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi.

Well my problem is i can't seem to burn any file types that i want to. so i was wondering if it's my dvd writer that's at fault or what.. cause i tried well 3-4 dvds and all the same error. its working fine until yesterday.. so anyone pls help. cause i dont wanna buy one if its still working. help here anyone? any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanx. here is the log that Nero made. (see attached file)

A:Dvd Writer Burning Issues

Well because you are running a cracked version of Antivirus
And support never finished helping you (due to this issue) on Malware removal (ironically)
I'd say format and start again, CLEAN

By the way, free Avira Antivirus (which I use) is really either the best Antivirus presently in the world, or very close to being the best. IMHO

So good luck either doing a clean install, or trying somewhere else, away from TechSpot :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-writer-burning-issues.127587/
Relevancy 26.66%

Ok I had a virus on my pc a few days ago and burning smell drive Hard through my negligence I waited too long to run a full system Hard drive burning smell check and on restarting the pc it wouldnt go into windows just a black screen with the mouse cursor Anyway no big deal most of my stuff is saved on an external So I pluged my hdd as a slave into another computer to run a virus scan it took out a lot of files and when I pluged it back it it had the same problem so I figured what the hell time for a fresh install anyways Now today I was going to Hard drive burning smell xfer my files that I had on there to my external and pluged the gimped drive into a recently purchased enclosure NSP-E upon firing it up the HDD began to make a lot of noise as it began to spin thought it was just it starting up but then I smelt a electric fire smell and quickly shut it off Upon inspection It was coming from the HDD Just recently I tested it on my other pc installing it internally it imediatly began making the same noise so I shut down again What just happened and is Hard drive burning smell there any recovering nbsp

A:Hard drive burning smell

Actually it's very strange. The Hard Drive is a sealed unit
Are you sure nothing was touching it? But if its making a bad noise anyway, I's say it's shot, gone, ded, and done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-burning-smell.127573/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi hits my range 70C BURNING CPU UP is Help My CPU or something Help my CPU is BURNING UP hits 70C range inside my PC started making rediculous high pitched sounds so i checked my bios for settings and found out that my CPU temperature was going into the C range At average its still like ish I have no idea why in gods name this thing is getting such heat When i do some process extensive processes the thermal throtaling thing or something kicks in so it only works in like of its potential Ghz I found out that when my temp reaches to the late C range it starts sqeeking Anyone have any clues whats up This is my rig Motherboard Name ASRock P V bios v PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio LAN System Memory MB DDR SDRAM CPUrescott Intel Pen EGhz set default clock speed fsb Heatsink Intel Copper Core Socket Heat Sink c - Power EVERGREEN Silent King- W LW- H- Temp CPU C F lt -what bios says and its really hot if you touch heatsink M B C F Vcore v v v v v v v - v v v v vsb v VBAT v fan speed around RPM EEK help i think my CPUs gonna burst It hits the C termal throttling and duty cycle which i think cuts down the process power to when it hits C Not good for rendering CG takes x as much time to render Plz help yorokoB nbsp

A:Help my CPU is BURNING UP hits 70C range

Have you cleaned out the HS and Fan to remove any dust? Have you checked the CPU fan to see if it's operating properly?

You may want to just get a good aftermarket cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-cpu-is-burning-up-hits-70c-range.48156/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi there I recently had an issue with my PC where I was getting BSOD s and lots of headaches Thanks to viewable no burning Computer longer video Route we managed to work out what the problem was but not before I had done various things to the PC in an attempt to get it to work The original thread is here http www techspot com vb showthread php p post I hope I m allowed to post links - please delete and accept my apologies if not The PC is now working fine however now whenever I burn a video file whether it be a data avi file or a wmv the file on the disc plays with perfect audio but a very pixilated image which turns what s on the screen into a negative or in some Computer no longer burning viewable video cases just freezes I m using the same burning software Computer no longer burning viewable video as before Nero with the same DVD burners x HP DVD Writer d H Computer no longer burning viewable video and x Sony DVD-Rw AW-G a the same operating system Windows XP and the same DVD s and CD-Rs sony but the issue is still occurring I did not have this issue before and had been burning avi files happily for many moons I ve tried updating the nero drivers but had the most up to date version anyway for my serial number I ve tried different discs burning at slower speeds making original avi files but nothing seems to be making a difference I ve even had the side off the machine and made sure all the plugs are connecting a to b correctly Has anyone had a similar problem The files on my computer play perfectly it s only when I burn them to a disc and try to play them on either the PC or on my divx player that they go wrong I have tried to attach a clip of the original file and then a clip from the burnt dvd as zip files to give you an example of the quality difference but the files are too large to upload Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance for your help Hi again we ve tried to do some detective work ourselves and changed the cable to the cd burners it didn t work We tried burning onto a different burner but still playback is pixilated and unviewable We tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nero it didn t work We tried uninstalling nero and installing CDburnerXP it didn t work I m all out of things to try now Does anyone else have any suggestions Happy to run checks etc and post them if anyone is willing to take a look for us Please help Many thanks nbsp

A:Computer no longer burning viewable video

I may have missed this, but how old are your burners? It sounds like you need new ones. The average is 3-5 years, but I know people who have had them last longer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-no-longer-burning-viewable-video.125965/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I have an LG DVD RW it worked properly but few days ago i tried to burn an iso image and it was not burning could you pls help Thanks Device HL-DT-ST-DVD-RAM GSA-H N E DVD problem burning ATA Firmware Version DVD burning problem Vender U Serial Number J Buffer Size KB This the ImgBurn log I ImgBurn Version started I Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack I Total Physical Memory KB - Available KB I Initialising SPTI I Searching for SCSI ATAPI devices I Found CD-ROM and DVD RW RAM I Operation Started I Source File C win beta - client en-us Ultimate-GB CULFRE EN DVD iso I Source File Sectors MODE I Source File Size bytes I Source File Volume Identifier GB CULFRE EN DVD I Source File Volume Set Identifier f a MS UDFBridge I Source File Application Identifier CDIMAGE TM I Source File Implementation Identifier Microsoft CDIMAGE UDF I Source File File System s ISO Bootable UDF I Destination Device HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H N E ATA I Destination Media Type DVD R Disc ID MBIPG -R - Speeds x x x x I Destination Media Sectors I Write Mode DVD I Write Type DAO I Write Speed MAX I DVD R Reserve Track No I Link Size Auto I Test Mode No I OPC No I BURN-Proof Enabled I Book Type Setting DVD-ROM I Filling Buffer MB I Writing LeadIn I Writing Session of Track LBA - I Writing Track of MODE LBA - W Failed to Write Sectors - - Reason Spindle Servo Failure W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason No Seek Complete W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write E Failed to Write Sectors - - Reason Spindle Servo Failure E Next Writable Address I Synchronising Cache W User opted to skip the Close Track Session Disc functions E Failed to Write Image I Exporting Graph Data I Graph Data File D Documents and Settings Senan Application Data ImgBurn Graph Data Files HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H N THURSDAY-JANUARY- - - PM MBIPG -R - MAX ibg I Export Successfully Completed E Operation Failed - Duration I Average Write Rate KB s x - Maximum Write Rate KB s x nbsp

A:DVD burning problem

Burners wear out... Try another optical drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problem.120731/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am using Nero 8 (store bought version) due to all the neat DVD burning features and software included in the program. I have been using it with my Memorex 16x DVD Rewriter for a long time now to great effect until the last couple months or so. Now it seems everytime I use Nero Vision or any of the DVD writing tools to try to burn video onto a DVD I always get an error close to the end of the burning process. This is driving me nuts. I really want to be able to make my own DVDs. I have tried different types of DVD-Rs, etc. to no avail. I have attached one of the newest error logs from Nero below so maybe hopefully it will give a clue as to what is happening.

Thanks in advance!

A:Memorex DVD rewriter not burning DVDs with Nero 8 any longer

I also tonight upgraded my Nero to version 9 to see if that would help but it has not. I still cannot burn a DVD. In addition, I cannot seem to burn using just the Windows Vista burning options either. I am starting to think I need to buy a new DVD Rewriter.

Please help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memorex-dvd-rewriter-not-burning-dvds-with-nero-8-any-longer.124017/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, recently I have been burning DVD's to DVD-R and everything is fine, but when I try to burn a CD, either music or data files it won't let me do it. Windows media player kicks the disc out asking to try a different sort of disk, Have tried using a different make of CD-R but still same problem. Upon using Nero to burn the CD it freezes on 6% everytime, but like I say, if I do a DVD I don't have one problem. I have also tried using a totally different DVD/CD burner and the same happens.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

A:DVD/CD burning problem

XP Media Center? Have you installed or deleted anything recently that may have caused this problem. Is your virus and malware protection up to date?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-cd-burning-problem.122778/
Relevancy 27.09%

I haven't burned too many cds with my current setup. The first few were fine, then a few months later I went to burn a cd and two tracks were fine, and the other seven or so were all staticky and skippy. I've tried different software, tried using better cds, and even took the cd burner from my old computer and installed it, and I still have the same trouble, so I know it is some setting on my pc, that I don't know about.
Please help!

A:CD burning trouble

So now... what are your computer specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-trouble.116738/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi. I'm stuck and can't seem to get help from the companies I buy from. Yea! Anyway, I am hoping someone out there can help me. I have Dell Media Experience. And, I installed an external HP DVD burner. I have the codecs I need downloaded. However, when the media experience is almost completed, it gives an "Unknown Error" message and won't finish the burn. Any ideas on this? I have searched and searched, but no answer and Dell, nor HP are any help. I am guessing the problem is the software, and not the HP burner. Dunno?????
Thanks for any ideas! Am

A:Dell media experience DVD burning

Bad optical drive. Currently the highest failure rate of any desktop computer component. Just because it is new does not mean it is working properly. Also look at all other parameters

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-media-experience-dvd-burning.120259/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi i've just discovered that my version of nero 7 ultra edition has not got the nero fast burning cd/dvd plugin installed .. and when i go to modify the installation to install the plugin .. it says that it cannot find the installation files to complete the process .. is this why my dvd's wont burn any more??

any decent help would be appreciated thank you

A:Nero fast burning cd/dvd plugin help needed

Have you tried updating your drive's firmware?

Also, try using a free software like ImgBurn to burn your DVDs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nero-fast-burning-cd-dvd-plugin-help-needed.120297/
Relevancy 26.23%

PC & Burning Case Power Switch smell PC Problem Hi I recently built a new PC for a family member but I have one problem the old motherboard fried due to a power surge couple of days back I refitted a new motherboard but am having problems with the Case Power Switch I know where is goes on the motherboard but not which way I know which is plus and minus on the motherboard but can identify which PC Case Power Switch & Burning smell is which on the wire at the back of the wire it has a small arrow on one side and nothing on the other Normally I have a sheet which identifies the plus and minus that come with the case PC Problem On another PC which I have built for someone else I could smell burning and I can t identify what is wrong I have built a few PC s but first time this has happened could it just be because its a new motherboard Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:PC Case Power Switch & Burning smell

Case power switches, reset switches have no polarity needs. Plug them in anyway you want. Burning smells coming from computers is never a "normal" or good thing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-case-power-switch-burning-smell.119443/
Relevancy 26.66%

How do I burn karaoke files to discs that I can use on separate karaoke machine. Step by step please, as I am a little backward in progressing forward, as far as computers are concerned. I have tried various commercial software, but I found them all confusing.

A:Burning karaoke disc

Hi

first off you need a decent set of recordable disks, dont use cheap ones,

Now go to www.powerkaraoke.com and download power CD+G Burner

This simple program has 3 tabs

Burn

Rip

Copy

as the titles suggest what they are i wont explain it.

You choose the Burn tab click add, browse to the folder where the files are and add them in.

For some reason PCDG moves the last file to the top of the list, dont know why, just check they are in the right order if not click the file and use the up and down tab to move them in the list.

Hint to add files click the first one, hold down the shift key and click the last one.

Choose a low recording speed and then click Burn

Job done

I use this tool and its probably the best one on the market, however it does cost a bit but its worth it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-karaoke-disc.118803/
Relevancy 26.66%

I dunno when it started really but my DVD burner LITE-ON DVD Burner has been burning burning blanks I am currently using NERO to burn my files I dont know why but when I burn it consumes a lot of memory to the point where when i play music it stutters and i cant watch movie coz My blanks, is burner DVD burning help my screen jumps ur like watching a stop motion movie well the main problem is that my burner wont burn pls if anyone has this problem and My DVD burner is burning blanks, help had a remedy for it pls tell me or i will have no choice but to buy a new one which costs me sigh Hope you guys can help me out Tnks a lot in advance and have a nice day PS The dvd-r that im burning when i put it back in the dvd rom it says it us blank but i had just burned files on to it and it took mins to burn it tsk tsk tsk how many time did i use the word BURN in this post lol UPDATE I tried to use the dvd-r s that i burned before and burn some stuff on it again but it says its not empty and that i can delete it burn new stuff on it The burning speed is weird though it only allows me to burn at x My DVD burner is burning blanks, help speed well be trying another software to burn ill post the update if its successful or not INFO Im using DVD-R disc s and not DVD-RW in case u were wondering nbsp

A:My DVD burner is burning blanks, help

Hi

You sure that Nero isnt using the image recorder. top tabs "recorder" > "choose recorder", as opposed to the actual DVD burner.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-is-burning-blanks-help.116107/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have 2 Dvd burners on my computer 1 Internal and 1 External Dvd burner. I am trying to burn cds through Windows Media Player 10. The Internal Drive is an LG it came with my Dell computer and the External drive is an Iomega Usb. If I add 3 songs to download and click on start burn it prepares the music and starts the burning process but when it is finalizing the first song I get an Error saying Windows Media Player is unable to Finish burn process.

I work with computers so I brought the Burners to work and hooked them up to a different computer and they work just fine and burn Audio CD's. Not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have Window XP Professional with 512MB RAM.

Pentium 4 Processor

A:CD burning won't work

Install XP's SP3 update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-wont-work.114781/
Relevancy 27.52%

I was about to burn a cd/dvd, but it says, connect a burner and restart the player. what is the problem ? I did use this even before but just now, i can't even see an icon with my drive d: ...any suggestions?
im using windows vista

A:CD burning

Yes read here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning.114166/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a laptop hp dv2800 series. My problem with burning an audio cd is that I either get an error message saying to insert a blank cd when I've already loaded a blank cd into the rom and when I don't get that message, the blank CD go through the burning process just fine until the burning is complete and it automatically eject the cd. I always have to make sure the CD is loaded with the audio files by testing the cd into a cd player and majority of the time there are no files on that cd. I've used roxio which is the program that came with the laptop when I bought it. I've also switched to using Nero and WMP and I still get the same problem when burning..

Techsupport, what do you suggest?

A:Problem burning Audio (CD-R) with Nero and WMP

Techsupport, what do you suggest?Click to expand...

I don't know, you'd have to ask them

Here at TechSpot, we may have some ideas though.

First of all confirm all your drivers are up to date, here
Possibly run a Virus/Malware scan, by going here
Also try different discs, and run CCleaner on your system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-burning-audio-cd-r-with-nero-and-wmp.113102/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all,
I'm having trouble burning cds. I have Dell Inspiron E1505 with just the hardware that came with it. When I try to burn a cd everything seems okay (I can select the files, copy them to cd, & the process seems to complete), but in the end the cd is still blank. I have tried to burn w/ Windows Media Player & Sonic, both seem to be working, say the files have been burnt, & the cd drive even pops open at the end as if everything has been completed, but the cd is still blank. Any help is much appreciated.
Scott

A:Cd burning issue

Your burner may be worn out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-issue.108038/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey all well im a total noob when it comes down to computers all Reboots DVD When Burning PC a i know what to do is game and look on the net PC Reboots When Burning a DVD Heres my PC Reboots When Burning a DVD problem ive burned loads of films useing this pc and about weeks ago just went to burn another one and it rebooted it self when it got to the burning stage I was like ok that was weird so i tryed again same thing so i tryed a different film one ive already burned and no luck That was using ConvertXtoDVD so i tryed Nero converted it fine hits the burning stage and BANG same again So thinking it might be over heating i took the side of my case off and stuck a fan there no luck read somewhere about some guy having the same prob and he fixed it by putting my driver to DMA something like that anyway dont that and no luck and its really annoying me Pc Specs AMD x GIG Ram GTS w Power Please help me people Thanks Sam nbsp

A:PC Reboots When Burning a DVD

hey sam check all the connections to the drive the power and data cable after that if it still does the same try restoring your computer to an earlier stage in system restore points if that fails then try reinstalling the driver for the cd/rom or uninstall it in device manager then reboot the OS should do it for you if it still continues after all this let me know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-reboots-when-burning-a-dvd.107115/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi guys,
Forgive me but my problem is quite specific.

It started with me wanting to burn some dvd's and vcd's using Nero. I tried it, and it never worked when burning DVD's, so I contacted Nero support and they told me that I should update my recorder's firmware
(Pioneer DVD-RW DVR106D- my drive's name)
I searched around the internet, and I found an update updating my firmware from 100 to 108.

However, I would try to update its firmware, but my computer would always say " available target is not found". For some reason my computer is not detecting my drive to update it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

A:Problems with my Pioneer burning CD/DVD drive

Could you be more specific about what tool you're running to update the firmware?

Messages like "Device Not Found" are more typical if a drive (i.e. the device) can't be found. So am wondering the sequence of events, "who" is outputing your "Target not found" message and if, in fact, it means something other then device not found.

(Try unplugging the device so really not there.. then what happens?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-my-pioneer-burning-cd-dvd-drive.106457/
Relevancy 27.09%

i have a friend who believes that if he buys a dvdr or dvdrw, he can just rent a dvd movie (ex// the matrix), burn it, then give it back, thus owning a dvd movie at the fraction of the cost (or borrowing someone else's movie, buring it and giving it back). I dont believe it is possibe. Is he rite or Im rite?

A:Burning DVDs

Firstly, what you are describing IS piracy, IS copyright infringement, and IS illegal.

And even if your friend gets a DVD writer, there is still CSS encryption on the DVD. This means that, for example, if he was to copy the files from the DVD onto his hard drive and then try to play it, it would not work very well at all, because 1/4 of the content he had copied to his HDD would be gibberish.

If he wanted to copy DVDs, he would need a piece of software which strips the CSS encryption from the files as they are written to the hard drive before he burned them to a DVD. I believe that such software, although available here and there perhaps, is also illegal now.

There is software around to rip DVDs to Divx files to burn to CDs.

Lastly, I don't believe that this "friend" of yours exists, and that in fact you are talking about yourself. So why not come clean about that??

But if your question is, is this possible? Yes. It is. If you strip the CSS encryption away whilst writing the files from the DVD to your hard drive, and then burn those to a DVD disk, yes. I have seen it done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvds.1597/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am quite new to burning dvd s and would like advise on the problem i have I have looked at many forums trying to search for the solution to my problem and have had no luck I have an iso file which i would like to burn to a Verbatim DVD R blank disc but i seem to have problems I ve used many programs but i have had no success using any of them The name of my cd drive is HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GWA B When using nero i get an Unspecified Recorder Error The error log is as follows Windows XP IA WinAspi - NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Recorder Version E - HA TA - Adapter driver HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type via Inquiry data Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr Drive is autodetected - recorder class Std MMC recorder CD-ROM Version E - HA TA - Adapter driver Problem Burning DVD HA Scsi-Device-Map CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GWA B atapi Port ID DMA Off DiskPeripheral ST AS atapi Port DVD Burning Problem ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral PU X VWA Q aitcvux Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GWA B D CdRom PU X VWA Q I CdRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global DVD Burning Problem Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Burn DVD Image Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL STORAGE MCN CONTROL Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GWA B Media type DVD R Disc Manufacturer ID Media Type ID lt gt Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE - CD-ROM Mode ISO indices index not provided original disc pos not relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks D HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GWA B -------------------------------------------------------------- Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare D HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GWA B for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to Idx Idx Next Trk TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr Size NWA RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FSCTL LOCK VOLUME Text File Burncd cpp Line Caching options cache CDRom or Network-Yes small files-No lt KB Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item not relocatable no disc pos no patch infos orig at write at Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- Disc Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Media Type Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD R Part Version x Disc Size mm Maximum Rate F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path PTP Layer Type recordable Linear Density um bit Track Density um track Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area h DVD-ROM DVD-R -RW DVD R RW End Physical Sector Number of Data Area F h Data in Burst Cutting Area BCA does not exist Disc Application Code h Extended Information indicators h Disc Manufacturer ID MCC Media type ID Product revision number Number of Physical format information bytes in use in ADIP up to byte Media Specific D - MCC C - F B B T Tl B C C C D - C A A - E E D Z C A A E - E D Z C - C C Tp c lt - C C B fB DF C - C C T c lt E - A A u X Y - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ... Read more

A:DVD Burning Problem

I suspect the DVD drive is the problem and the solution would be to replace it with a better brand and/or model. I did a google search on your DVD drive model and found a number of reported problems with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problem.103482/
Relevancy 26.66%

I been using my dvd burner for a couple of weeks now; & for the past couple of days I cannot burn anything. It goes into the burning motion and burns; but when I put the disc in a DVD system, comes up with disc error and the display shows numbers. I think it have sumthing to do with the DMA mode but not for sure. I used nero and dvd shrink but same problem occurred. Disc error and the dvd display shows numbers (goes thru a series of numbers on the display)..

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Sony DRU835A Burning Problem

You are probably burning in the wrong mode. Try changing the mode to (.ISO) and see if the problem disappears

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-dru835a-burning-problem.101798/
Relevancy 26.66%

Recently been having problems with burning DVD s Dvd's properly freezes while but burning playing At first was using Power Producer on a recently re-formatted Dvd's burning properly but while playing freezes computer with Window s XP Burned off two or three different movies and suddenly any time we tried to burn it froze around - through the burn process ruining the disk Upgraded to Power Producer and burn process compleated seemingly without a hitch until we tried to actually watch the movie At about hour into the movie the DVD freezes and there is no way to get past that point Tried running DVD in computer and useing the slidebar to scan ahead in the Dvd's burning properly but while playing freezes movie this froze windows media player and restarted the computer Called a local computer repair place and they were pretty clueless Does anyone have any idea what might be causeing this I know we had been adding different Dvd's burning properly but while playing freezes things as the computer was just reformatted I just can t pinpoint what might have caused it Burning CD s with Nero works perfectly Could it be a driver issue I am getting so frustrated I ve gone through about blank DVD s trying different things to fix this I don t want to have to re-format the computer all over again to try and fix this problem so anyone who knows the cause the info would be MUCH appreciated nbsp

A:Dvd's burning properly but while playing freezes

Break out the Fiddle.......

Just because Nero will burn a CD, doesn't necessarily indicate that the drive is in good health. I have no experience with "Power Producer", so I don't know what the need for it would be. On older machines, (3 years or so), Nero 6 (full retail version only) has DVD-Video burning capability. I have found (personal experience only here) that burning DVD-Video onto DVD+R blanks usually generates the highest number of DVDs compatible with most stand-alone players. Granted, Nero 6 is the worst movie EDITING program I have ever seen, so if you're trying to edit footage, we can look for another solution. Lock-ups are sometimes caused by read and write lasers being out of alignment with each other, so could be the drive also. You must consider the possibility that simply because the drive finishes the task, doesn't necessarily indicate that it's done correctly. I don't think reformatting the HDD should be your first thought about how to solve this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvds-burning-properly-but-while-playing-freezes.99057/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all,
I hope someone can shed some light for me. I burned my first dvd yesterday and all went ok except for playback. When played back in my dvd player everything was great except the sound. It sounds really wierd, very squelchy if that makes any sense. It's very hard to describe. I'm using Nero 7 to burn it. So I went to the "preview the burn before I burn it" screen and the sound was the same as the playback. The movie from the hardrive plays great using several different media players. Therefore, I know there's nothing wrong with the movie. Why is it previewing and burning with this wierd noise in the audio. Is it the wrong audio format? If so, how do I change it or convert it. I could'nt find any audio options to change the audio format. What's my problem?

A:Audio/Sound Problem When DVD Burning

Nero Mega Plugin Pack 1.0
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/Nero-Mega-Plugin-Pack.shtml

Actually there are many Nero audio pluggins to download, just search Google.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-sound-problem-when-dvd-burning.98616/
Relevancy 27.09%

Looking for the best configuration on connecting up my new Motherboard, I am using
a new SATA Hard drive and I have a 2 channel IDE ports available,
I am using 2 Sony burners, one is a CD-R burner and the other is a DVD burner,
should I connect them to the first channel and make one master and the other slave?
on the IDE 1.
Or make the both Master and connect one burner to each IDE port?
Has any one ever had any after run errors or burning problems?

Looking for some advice from anyone who has fiqured this out.
Thanks,
Rickman45

A:Sata HD and CD/DVD Burning

I would use both as Master, on different ATA cables.
But actually I don't think there's much difference either way, these days.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-hd-and-cd-dvd-burning.98375/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all I m at a lost end here I m wasting so many DVDR s trying burn discs The burner works just as often as it fails but if anyone can help me it will be appearing burning keeps DVD error greatly appreciated I m no genius with these things I get this error DVD burning error keeps appearing PM SPTI - File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line D CdRom SCSIStatus x WinError NeroError - Sense Key x KEY ILLEGAL REQUEST PM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line - D PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D Queue again later PM SPTI - File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line D CdRom SCSIStatus x WinError NeroError - Sense Key x KEY ILLEGAL REQUEST PM CDR - File Writer cpp Line Invalid block address D PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line conversion idle stopping reader PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Generating DVD high compatibility borders PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Generating DVD borders completed successfully PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM DRM burn session terminated PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM Closing entire DRM handling Bye Existing drivers File Drivers ASPI SYS Ver size bytes created PM Can anyone help me Thanks in advance ---- Sampan nbsp

A:DVD burning error keeps appearing

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

3 possible causes are.

1 low quality media. Try using a different make of blank disk.

2 you may need to update the firmware of your drive. If you decide to do this. Make sure you follow all the instructions carefully.

3 you have a dying drive. Self explanatory.

The top response is a copy taken from a post by Howard

I would like to add:

4. Update motherboard bios (this can be critical)

5. Download CCleaner and perform a full defrag on your drive

Regarding the updating bios (2 and 4) You will need to go to your manafacture website (for your DVD drive - which may need to be removed to confirm)
And your manufacture website (for your computer motherboard)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-error-keeps-appearing.98124/
Relevancy 26.66%

So i am working on burning some pictures and my Drive keeps coming up with

E:/ is not accessible.
Incorrect Function.

I do have a CD DVD burner, I bought it from Newegg about a year and a half ago..

I have been searching the forum and have found answers to this question, but none of them have worked...

any trouble shooting things that anyone can help with??? this is really getting annoying...

ps, it burns CD's fine.. I just burned a mp3 CD earlier today from iTunes.... i just cant the get the pictures to burn..

A:Burner drive not burning pictures

Replace the burner

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burner-drive-not-burning-pictures.97566/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey I just finished burning a DVD for my DVD Player. And I went to go and play it and the Audio was faster then the Video. What could cause this?

A:Need Help Burning.

the codecs might have break,
or rather the burn process was interrupted, or
bad dvd have been used......

have you try burning other title to other brand of dvd media??
i suggest u to get 1 or 2 DVD-RW or DVD+RW so that you can use the re-writable media to check the result....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-burning.96099/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey,

I have a little bit of a problem. I have Nero 7 Ultra Edition. And I wanna burn a DVD to put in my DVD Player. But see I need to use DVD-R but my Internal Burner can only burn DVD+R and I got an External Burner that burns DVD-R But I seem to not be able to burn. Because I go to select a burner and the External does not show up.

Info.

I'm using USB to plug it in.
It's a Plextor Burner.

A:Burning with an External

Unplug the external drive then reinsert it into the usb port then start Nero, it should work. If not try Deepburner, it's free. http://www.deepburner.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-with-an-external.93392/
Relevancy 26.23%

Im having problems buring discs currently.

It is writing to the disc and the disc will play when playing it on my computer but then will not play on a dvd player or cd player.

This happens when using media player, nero 8 or itunes as the burning software.

Does this sound disc image related? I tried uninstalling itunes but this didnt work and i dont have daemon tools installed.

I have two optical drives but which ever i use i have the same problem.

specs are:-
Athlon X2 dual core 6000
4GB DDR2 RAM
MAXTOR STM3160211AS 150GB SATA
Secondary Seagate 150gb hard drive
Asus m2v motherboard
550watt PSU
2 x LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H

A:Problem burning cds/dvds. image related?

Disk image insofar as the write process is not writing leadins and leadouts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-burning-cds-dvds-image-related.92313/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have Intel GZis motherboard Intel PentiumD GHZ X Out. My Please Burning. Help Its System, me Kinghston Memory GB WD mb Cache HD Heavy Watt PIII Server supply Converted Nvidia GS mb d Card Although Please Help me Out. My System, Its Burning. I have recently reapplied new heatsink paste my heatsink is original fan is perfect But this is still going over C degrees upto C degrees and usually when idly stay on C Degrees The problem is heatsink didn t seems to be hot enough Few days ago I applied a very high Speed fan but useless My supply sometimes gets warm System never gets stuck or do any problem But this temp is to high as recomended by intel which degrees for this Proc What should i do I am tired You GUYZ PLZ HELP ME I use SPEEDFAN Software to check Temp Also Intel own Utility Shows Same Contact Phone number removed by moderator - if you wish to give you number out do it via private message though this is still not recommended nbsp

A:Please Help me Out. My System, Its Burning.

Could possibly be a faulty temp sensor. Have you felt the heatsink with your hand? You say it doesnt seem to be hot enough, but if processor is over 65C for a while it will burn you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-out-my-system-its-burning.91217/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have recently created a video on Showbiz and want to burn it to a DVD in my DVD-Rom drive. I went out and bought DVD+R's and when I go into Showbiz My DVD and create the DVD folder, the burn DVD option is always grayed out. Why? Is there another program I can use to burn this show onto a DVD?

Thanks.

A:HELP!!! Having problems burning a Showbiz dvd file onto a DVD

Showbiz DVD burning problem

Try uninstalling your DVD burner by opening start/settings/control panel/administrative tools/computer management/device manager and DVD/CD-ROM drives. Right click on the name of your drive and click on uninstall. Recheck the above path to verify that the drive no longer appears. Then exit and restart your computer. Check the above path to verify that the drive now appears. This should solve your problem. Apparently when Showbiz is installed it somehow corrupts the path to the burner. Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-having-problems-burning-a-showbiz-dvd-file-onto-a-dvd.35341/
Relevancy 26.66%

Black This is the error log file i got always this message i ve wasted 6.0 burning when Error using nero too many cds Windows Error when burning using nero 6.0 XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File D Program Files Ahead nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero Version Internal Version d Nero Express Recorder lt SAMSUNG CDRW DVD SM- B gt Version T - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI CD-ROM lt SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC- L gt Version C - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral SAMSUNG SV H atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral SAMSUNG CDRW DVD SM- B atapi Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC- L atapi Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map SAMSUNG CDRW DVD SM- B F CDRom SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC- L Error when burning using nero 6.0 G CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Video CD PM Text File VCDDoc cpp Line VideoCD document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Compilation type VCD Menu Enable Picture in separate folder TRUE Folder name ICTURES Use CD-I TRUE CD-I configuration CONTROLS ALL CURCOL YELLOW PSDCURCOL RED PSDCURSHAPE ARROW CENTRTRACK AUTOPLAY AUTO ON DUALCHAN DUAL ON TIMECODE X TIMECODE Y LOTID X LOTID Y ALBUM STANDARD Encoding bitrate mode User defined kb s PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Encoding video PM Text File VCDCompilationImpl cpp Line Using Nero Video Converter version PM Text File AVIVCDFileItem cpp Line Encoding C movie Incredible MPEGAV MUSIC DAT to D DOCUME Admin LOCALS Temp NER C tmp ScalingType Video yes Audio yes File size bytes Resolution x Hz Frames PM Text File AVIVCDFileItem cpp Line Playing time s Requested rate KB s iVideoRate iAudioRate Estimated size blocks PM Text File AVIVCDFileItem cpp Line Encoding done PM Text File VCDFileItem cpp Line Actual size blocks PM Text File VCDFileItem cpp Line The generated Video file is of the evaluated size PM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD TRUE Multisession FALSE Burning mode DAO Mode XA ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE PM Text File VCDDoc cpp Line VCD options ----------------------------------------------------- Create standard compliant CD YES Encoding resolution NTSC ----------------------------------------------------- PM Text File Burncd cpp Line SAMSUNG CDRW DVD SM- B JustLink activated PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer SAMSUNG CDRW DVD SM- B running PM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using CD-R RW media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder SAMSUNG CDRW DVD SM- B CDR code OSJ entry from Moser Baer India Limited ATIP Data Special Info hex D A LI F B A LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA RAW MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks SAMSUNG CDRW DVD SM- B TRM DATA MODE MUSIC indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA RAW MODE config wanted... Read more

A:Error when burning using nero 6.0

DVD Copying fails when doing on Windows XPS 200--PLS HELP!!

Guys/Geeks/Gurus/Gals!
Pls help me in burning the DVD, I have already edited so many DVDs on my comp and they are ready to be copied onto the DVD using NERO, BUT its NOT HAPPENING AT ALL. I get an error after completeing 30% process and the copying just stops, PLS HELP AND ADVISE.
THANKS IN ADVANCE PEOPLE OF THE WEB!

Windows XP 5.1
IA32
WinAspi: File 'Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=4.71 (0002), size=45056 bytes, created 7/16/2004 3:24:34 AM
ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Ahead\nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 10/26/2004 6:35:34 PM
Nero Version: 6.6.0.14
Internal Version: 6, 6, 0, 14d

Recorder: <_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A> Version: 102C - HA 0 TA 0 - 6.6.0.14
Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 0
Drive buffer : 2048kB
Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI
CD-ROM: <_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A>Version: 102C - HA 0 TA 0 - 6.6.0.14
Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 0

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
CdRomPeripheral : _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On
DiskPeripheral : ST380819AS iaStor Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===
_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A D: CDRom0
=======================

AutoRun : 1
Excluded drive IDs:
WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
ShowDrvBufStat : 0
BUFE : 0
Physical memory : 1014MB (1038412kB)
Free physical memory: 369MB (378536kB)
Memory in use : 63 %
Uncached PFiles: 0x0
Use Inquiry : 1
Global Bus Type: default (0)
Check supported media : Disabled (0)

Burn DVD Image
10:17:41 PM #1 Text 0 File Reader.cpp, Line 127
Reader running

10:17:41 PM #2 Text 0 File Writer.cpp, Line 122
Writer _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A running

10:17:41 PM #3 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3230
Turn on Disc-At-Once, using DVD media

10:17:53 PM #4 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 267
Last possible write address on media: 2295103 (510:01.28, 4482MB)
Last address to be written: 2171298 (482:30.48, 4240MB)

10:17:53 PM #5 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 279
Write in overburning mode: NO (enabled: CD)

10:17:53 PM #6 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 2433
Recorder: _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A, Media type: DVD+RW
Disc Manufacturer ID: SONY, Media Type ID: S11, Product revision number: 0
Disc Application Code: 0, Extended Information Indicators: 1

10:17:53 PM #7 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 445
>>> Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities: <<<
=========================================
Insert empty disc to write to.
(Medium in drive: DVD+RW. Medium required by compilation: DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R DL.)
This disc is not empty.
(Medium in drive: DVD+RW. Medium required by compilation: DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R DL.)
Accessing disc...

10:17:53 PM #8 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 830
Setup items (after recorder preparation)
0: TRM_DATA_MODE1 (2 - CD-ROM Mode 1, ISO 9660)
2 indices, index0 (150) not provided
original disc pos #0 + 2171299 (2171299) = #2171299/482:30.49
not relocatable, disc pos for caching/writing not required/not required, no patch infos
-> TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048, config 0, wanted index0 0 blocks, length 2171299 blocks [_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A]
--------------------------------------------------------------

10:17:53 PM #9 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1043
Prepare recorder [_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A] for write in CUE-sheet-DAO
DAO infos:
==========
MCN: ""
TOCType: 0x00; Session Closed, disc not fixated
Tracks 1 to 1:
1: TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048/0x00, FilePos 0 0 4446820352, ISRC ""
... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-when-burning-using-nero-6-0.28524/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello all...
Been having an issue for a while now with my Gateway laptop. I can format the system, re-install all my software per my setup, and then burn one data DVD successfully, and after that, all my burns fail. I'm currently updating my Nero software to Nero 7.10.1.0, in hopes that will resolve my problems, however I'm not relying on that. Hoping someone can advise that's better w/ burning than me. I know Nero creates a log, however I need advise on how to access it...

Thx for assistance... Plz feel free to ask what ya need to know...

ACCPresident

A:Need Help with basic DVD Data burning Problem

Have you tried different Media?

Some of the cheap stuff is woeful, unless you want Drink Coasters...

You can also try slowing the Burn Speed {when you get to the final bit in Nero where you can rename the Disc etc, click on the left side of the box and it'll give you the option of what speed to burn at}.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-basic-dvd-data-burning-problem.90170/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am trying to burn DVD's using Sonic MyDVD Plus. When I download a movie from Limewire, the file size usually comes out to be 600-700 MB. Naive Questions:
1. If a DVD had over i GB capacity, why doesn't a 700 MB file fit on it? When burning a 700MB movie, I always have to resort to the "VCR Quality" setting.
2. I downloaded "Star wars-Revenge of the Sith", a long movie. I didn't expect it to fit on an ordinary DVD, so I got some dual-layer 8.5 GB DVD's and it still wouldn't fit at any quality setting
3. Which matters more in burning DVD's, the length of the movie, or the size of the file?
4. Can I somehow tell the Sonic program to divide the movie, so that I can burn it on two DVD's?

A:Burning DVD's-Capacities

I do hope this is legal, wherever you live..

Your problem is the fact that you are not downloading the movies in DVD format. (And maybe in your DVD-recording program or skills)

You download a - let's say - DivX-encoded file. For a DVD, you have to decode it and then recompress it to DVD format (MPEG2). This recompression makes you lose quality (and takes a lot of time).

Better options would be:
- Download the movies in native DVD format. Your downloads will be in the range of 4GB of course.
- Burn the AVI files as they are (on a CD even). Many newer DVD players can play DIvX and XviD natively and you don't have to recode anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvds-capacities.89500/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have 2 LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H drives and can't burn a disc on them simultaneously.
Is there a way i can do this? If i check the box to enable burning on a drive in its properties, then it will automatically uncheck the other drives box.
Also, if i do change which drive i am wanting to burn with, i have to restart my machine before burning or else i just get errors and another coaster.

If i can't burn simulataneously, is there any reason to have to burning drives?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:2 Optical drives burning simultaneously??

This is because your computer hardware is not up to the task of simultaneously burning. Memory type and amount, motherboard, power supply, hard drives and CD/DVD burners, all have a say in how your system burns CD's.

What are your computer specs? Do you really think this is a dumb question to ask on a computer hardware help website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-optical-drives-burning-simultaneously.88701/
Relevancy 27.09%

I ve tried multiple types and it will not write burner DVD not burning to anything Up until about a couple weeks ago I had no problem at all I was using Nero before it started acting up I unistalled it and downloaded Roxio and now I m back to Nero again Here is the error DVD burner not burning log C - - E -MAAX- - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Nero Express Recorder lt BENQ DVD DD DW gt Version B W - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt Generic DVD-ROM gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt SCSI gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral WDC WD EB- DJF atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral BENQ DVD DD DW atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral Generic DVD-ROM d prt Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map BENQ DVD DD DW E CdRom Generic DVD-ROM G CdRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled ISO compilation PM Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL STORAGE MCN CONTROL PM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession TRUE Multisession type Start multisession Burning mode DAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE PM ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD DVD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder BENQ DVD DD DW Media type DVD-R Disc Manufacturer CMC MA - G AE Disc Application Code Disc Physical Code PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks E BENQ DVD DD DW -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare E BENQ DVD DD DW for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to Idx Idx Next Trk TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr Size NWA RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FSCTL LOCK VOLUME PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Caching options cache CDRom or Network-Yes small files-Yes lt KB PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at PM Text File DVDR cpp Line Recording mode Sequential Recording Mode for Multisession PM Text File DVDR cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode No PM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- Disc Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Media Type Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD-R Part Version x Extended Part Version Disc Size mm Maximum Rate lt not specified gt F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path PTP Layer Type recordable Linear Density um bit Track Density um track Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area h DVD-ROM DVD-R -RW DVD R RW End Sector Number in Layer h LBN FFFD h MB Data in Burst Cutting Area BCA does n... Read more

A:DVD burner not burning

Hello, hyabusa, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, please attach logs as attachments as per the instructions here, then i will gladly see what's up. That link refers to a specific program but you can apply it to your log

By the sounds of it though you may need to install updated drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-not-burning.88113/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, recently, i just purchased a DVD writer. I have a problem when burning a cd with the DVD writer. I will get a DMA-driver error, CRC error. I am using a 40-conductor cable, and set it as master (secondary cable).

Could it be the 40-conductor cable that is causing this problem? Do i need an 80-conductor cable?

Thanks in advance.

A:DVD WRITER - DMA-driver error, CRC error when burning CD

If it always reports a driver error you need to eliminate this first.
Check the device manager and make sure it is not showing the drive as non-functional (Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager). If it shows a yellow ? the click to reinstall the drivers for it. Windows provides the drivers for optical drives.
An 80 core cable might be the problem but this depends on the drive. Can you borrow one to test it with?
Final option is that the drive is faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-writer-dma-driver-error-crc-error-when-burning-cd.84665/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey fellas,

Hope someone can explain this for me.
I sometimes go to YouTube.com to download a video, then after, burn the video onto a CD-R. Simple procedure and it worked.
When I play it back on my DVD Player, it comes up as a VCD file and plays fine.

Now, all of a sudden, they are coming up as DVD files and will play the video but there is no sound!
Why would this change take place all of a sudden? And why the change in file formatting?
I'm using the same CD Burner and same DVD Player.

A:Burning Video question

What program are you using to burn your CD videos? Someone may have changed the recording/burning settings without you knowing. Check them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-video-question.84422/
Relevancy 27.09%

recently my Lite-on DVD burner died (lol @ lite-on)
i was wondering can i burn a dvd on my mums burner from my computer (she doesn't have enough room for the stuff lol)

if you need more details then tell me

A:Burning A DVD/CD over a network

no reason why not - except that you need to keep the data flowing across your network link so best not do anything else while the burn is in progress.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-a-dvd-cd-over-a-network.84110/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a dell inspiron 1100 and it doesn't burn cds can I burn a cd with any programs or do I have to get another cd drive

A:burning cds

you need a drive capable of burning CDs. If you have a very old computer, you may not have a burner. Yes, you can replace it with a burner if you need to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-cds.83603/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an external dvd burner that is giving me lots of problems when I'm trying to burn dvds. It is plugged into its own outlet so it is recieving adequate power, it's plugged into the main usb port, and it is set up correctly (as far as I know). It's a 16x burn but it wont ever burn a perfect dvd at speeds any faster than 1x when it decides that it wants to. I've wasted 2/3 of the blank dvds that I've bought so ANY suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I searched and couldn't find any updates for anything, but I also ran the nero cd-dvd speed tool and found that it ran along a normal path but it had large spikes in it about every 1/10 of the cycle. I'm not sure what I can do to correct that, if anything.

A:Having Problems Burning DVDs

This will point you to Nero CD-DVD Speed Tool download. Documentation link there too.

g;luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-burning-dvds.82972/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all I have been burning CD-Rs and DVD-Rs for months without errors but I just got this problem several days ago After some minutes burning failed with quot Could not perform EndTrack quot error message I used Nero before After upgrading to I still got the same error message My system CD-burning Could perform not Nero EndTrack problem: spec --------------- Burner H W Pioneer DVR- Firmware Media TDK CD-R I have previously used s of in the spindle with no errors Burner S W Nero O S Windows XP SP System ASPI not installed Nero ASPI installed and working properly Mobo Asus CUV x-D VCore V Nero CD-burning problem: Could not perform EndTrack VCore V V V --- gt there has been a red warning but this has not been a problem in burning CDRs and DVDs for months V V V V Here is Nero CD-burning problem: Could not perform EndTrack Nero s log ---------------- Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File D Programs BackupTools Nero Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version d Recorder Version - HA TA - Adapter driver HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type via Inquiry data - gt ATAPI detected Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr Drive is autodetected - recorder class Std MMC recorder CD-ROM Version - HA TA - Adapter driver HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral QUANTUM FIREBALLP AS atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral ST Nero CD-burning problem: Could not perform EndTrack A atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral ASUS DVD-ROM E atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- F CDRom ASUS DVD-ROM E G CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled CD-ROM ISO AM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed TRUE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession FALSE Burning mode TAO Mode ISO Level Max of chars Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE AM Text File Burncd cpp Line PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- Buffer underrun protection activated AM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line ReadBuffer-Pipe got KB of Memory AM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running AM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- running AM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Track-At-Once using CD-R RW media AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- -------------------------------------------------------------- AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- for write in TAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc not fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep - lead-in x x - x x x x lead-out x x AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Removed run-out blocks from end of track Length - gt AM Text File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FCTL LOCK VOLUME AM Text File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line SPTIDismountVolume - completed successfully for FSCTL DISMOUNT VOLUME AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Speed measurement started AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc p... Read more

A:Nero CD-burning problem: Could not perform EndTrack

Not a Nero problem. This is a burner problem. Defective. Replace.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nero-cd-burning-problem-could-not-perform-endtrack.82407/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello there first time I touched a PC was two years ago and I have learned alot by myself but I cant for the life of me figure this one out I am presently using an ACER ASPIRE Laptop with a SLIMTYPE DVDRW SOSW- S Disc Drive I used Datawrite DVD-R Blanks for burning my home videos for ages without problems scores of them I used Nero at first and then SonyVegas Architect Studio to burn the video footage but now for some reason both software applications inform me that the blank DVD-R s are either write protected or with no problem Burning DVD-R Free Space on the actual discs according to the burning software I am using I have tried other brands JVC DVD-R and RiDisc DVD-R s When I look at the properties of the discs via MY COMPUTER there is no free disc space or is this normal This is my first posted thread and I am slightly nervous and embarassed the solution is probably simple but I need help nbsp

A:DVD-R Burning problem

Hi marakoops and welcome to the TechSpot Forum :wave:

You have posted a problem in the wrong section, you really need to post it here, simply click the edit button and cut the text and then post it in the section I just gave.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-burning-problem.81113/
Relevancy 27.09%

My 1st time doing slideshows to DVD.....I have burned a a photo story 3 slideshow to DVD. I converted it to avi in order to burn it..I used power2go to burnit.....the DVD looks great except random flashing pixels in about 10% of the slides....( look like tiny flashing Christmas lights)..It's not the pic's ..I took the pics that were effected and made a tiny dvd with them and they werefine in th etest DVD..don't know what to try next..any suggestions

A:Burning DVDs

are you trying to use the dvd on a dvd player or just use the dvd as storage

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvds.78969/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello,
I dropped my pc the other day (a 2005 Dell Dimension 3000 stock), and then when I would start it, it would turn off 2 seconds to 10 minutes later. when rebooted it would say 'turned off due to themal error" then one time it did some scan thing and said drive was dirty and did a long start up scan... then later I turned it on and smelt burning from the psu. i took it out and inspected it and it looked ok, put it back in now it won't even turn on and a orange light flashes. Is the problem that i need a new psu?
should i buy one on ebay, they are only $20. also is a dimesion 2100 psu the same as a 3000? b/c one is for sale that comes with other items i need.
thanks for the help! I'm pretty newbie to computers sorry...

A:Dropped PC, won't start.. burning smell.. psu?

A lot of things could have happened. Reseat all cards, cables. Hard drives are subject to shock and given enough jolt can damage it permanently. See if there is anything rattling. Read the no p.o.s.t. guide in he guides forum.

PCs are delicate. A big enough drop can seriously damage components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dropped-pc-wont-start-burning-smell-psu.79406/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi just brought a Lite On DVD Rewriter and have tried to burn a number of different files types and sizes and have no success I even tried burning just one file a small jpg on its own but came back with the Data Verification Failed message Anyway will post the Log txt that Nero generates so you can check it out hope someone can help me am lost what and why this is happening C - - - K- X- - -CMA Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Nero Nero Core Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Nero Express Recorder lt LITE-ON DVDRW Rewriter Data Failed burning. Verification after DVD LH- A P gt Version KL A - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type via Inquiry data - gt ATAPI detected Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr Drive is autodetected - recorder class Std MMC recorder CD-ROM lt LITE-ON DVDRW LH- A P gt Version KL A - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral ST A atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral ST A atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral ATAPI CD-RW X atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral LITE-ON DVDRW LH- A P atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map LITE-ON DVDRW LH- A P E CDRom ATAPI CD-RW X I CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled ISO compilation Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Data Verification Failed after DVD Rewriter burning. Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession TRUE Data Verification Failed after DVD Rewriter burning. Multisession type Start multisession Burning mode DAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write Data Verification Failed after DVD Rewriter burning. ISO file extensions TRUE Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line ReadBuffer-Pipe got KB of Memory Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running Text File Writer cpp Line Writer E LITE-ON DVDRW LH- A P running ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder LITE-ON DVDRW LH- A P Media type DVD RW Disc Manufacturer ID INFODISC Media Type ID A Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks E LITE-ON DVDRW LH- A P -------------------------------------------------------------- Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder E LITE-ON DVDRW LH- A P for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc not fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x Text File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FCTL LOCK VOLUME Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- DVD Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Media Type Layer Address h AGID Leng... Read more

A:Data Verification Failed after DVD Rewriter burning.

Experiment and try full erasing the DVD RW disc rather than quick erasing unless the disc is brand new. Using Nero 6 (I know yours is Nero 7) when I had data verification problems, fully erasing the disc seemed to solve that problem. I was able to add and delete data to the compilation later without problem.

For your reference the DVD writer I used was an HP 640c Lightscribe I installed in a USB external enclosure. I use it to backup data on my work PC that only has a combo drive (DVD ROM/CD RW). However, CDs do not have enough capacity for my purposes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-verification-failed-after-dvd-rewriter-burning.77591/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a dell inspiron laptop that came with Sonic DVD and CD Burner on it When I attempt to add a video file into the burn window it gives me a message saying that it quot is not able to create a thumbnail quot thus leaving it unable to burn the dvd Ive downloaded several other freeware dvd burners that will allow me to add a video file and burn the dvd but when it is finished burning and yes it says that it has finished burning successfully it is visually apparent that the dvd has very little written on it just a small ring around the center and it will not play anything in a dvd player I have problem Burning DVD been surfing the net for weeks looking for a solution to this problem I wonder could my burner hardward just be broken for some odd reason Do I have to purchase a new burner to install on my lap top Or can this be fixed some DVD Burning problem other way I sincerely appreciate anyone who takes the time to read and hopefully give me some suggestions nbsp

A:DVD Burning problem

Burners seldom last longer than a year. Optical drives are likely to go out quickly if used a lot. I suspect, however, that the problem is with your burner software. Remove the software in your Add or Remove Programs section, then reboot and reinstall... or switch to Nero 7.0.
Be sure you have scanned your computer for viruses, spyware, rootkits, and the like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problem.76753/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have recently bought a Sony AW-G170AB2, after my old drive died, but I'm having problems burning dvds with it.
When I put a dvd in the drive, windows calls it a CD Drive and refuses to let me create the dvd.
I am able to read cds and dvds with the drive though.

Any help is greatly appreciated

A:DVD Burning Problems

The Sony AW-G170AB2 is a rebagged Lite-On drive... I suggest trying another CD/DVD writer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problems.70847/
Relevancy 27.52%

Help again please
what is the best and easiest way of burning a cd with music i have recorded from cassette to the pc. so that i can select tracks to play or is this not possible
thanks in anticipation

A:Burning cd

Assuming that you recoded the cassette to a one single audio file.. You have to split that file up so that every track is a separate file. Then you just drag and drop in your favourite CD burning program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-cd.71768/
Relevancy 26.66%

burning error pc restart nero crashes n microsoft get burning restart pc + error confused Every time i try to burn a dvd either my pc restarts or gives a log similar like that below Antivirus McAfee is up to date no burning error + pc restart spyware found by spyware doctor When my pc restart I get the microsoft error sending report When I send it the report says it is a device conflic error When checking in device manager all seem Ok Pc configuration Ghz processor mb ram oGb harddrive Fx mb vgacard Also i have two winxp installation one with sp and the other with sp from two different partitions the same problem persists on both Can anyone help me to solve the problem -------Response from Microsoft online crash analysis--------------- Error caused by a device driver Thank you for sending an error report to Microsoft Error report summary Error type Windows stop error A message appears on a blue screen with error code information Solution available No see Next steps What does this error mean Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart Cause Unknown device driver Computer symptoms A message appears on a blue screen with error code information for example e g x E KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Additional steps for you to take Important Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible --------------------------Nero Log------------------------------- User Name Organization Name - - - - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File D Program Files Nero Nero Core Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Recorder lt SONY DVD RW DRU- A gt Version KY - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt SONY DVD RW DRU- A gt Version KY - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral Maxtor Y P atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral SONY DVD RW DRU- A atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral AXV CD DVD-ROM a a scsi Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map SONY DVD RW DRU- A G CDRom AXV CD DVD-ROM H CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Burn DVD Image PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line ReadBuffer-Pipe got KB of Memory PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer G SONY DVD RW DRU- A running PM IMAGEGEN - File ImageGen cpp Line Image was written as DAO DAOI MediaCatalogNumber TocType x Finalized First Last Track ISRC Blocksize TrackMode TRM DATA MODE TrackConfig x First Last Index Index FilePos Index FilePos NextTrackFilePos CUES Ctrl x Trk x Index Start RecDep x Ctrl x Trk x Index Start RecDep x Ctrl x Trk x Index Start RecDep x Ctrl x Trk xAA Index Start RecDep x MTYP Mediumtype DVD old format x C Image file name lt C Documents and Settings Umar My Documents TempImage nrg gt PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder SONY DVD RW DRU- A Media type DVD-R Disc Manufacturer CMC MA - G AE Disc Application Code Disc Physical Code PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE - DVD-ROM indices index not provided original disc pos not relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks G SONY DVD RW DRU- A -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder G SONY DVD RW DRU- A for write in ... Read more

A:burning error + pc restart

I'm sorry to say that I don't have a solution either.

HOwever, even worse-- I'm having the same problem! With the same drive, as well: Sony PLU-800A.

Did you find a solution to your problem?

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-error-pc-restart.49493/
Relevancy 27.09%

hello....i am having a problem burning cds....everytime i try and brun a cd it tells me to insert a blank cd...i use nero smartstart as my cd/dvd burning..it is a lightscribe cd/dvd rw player...do i need the lightscribe cd rw to put music on there or should any any cd rw work...the cd player does play music from brunt cds it just wont burn them....i downloaded the cd that came with the cd player and i did all that i needed to.

A:CD burning problem.

Have you tried other CD burning applications?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-problem.70861/
Relevancy 27.09%

Problem burning cd with a Lite-on LTR-24102B

Operating system is XP at home
will read cd's but not burn.
Need help.
Please e mail any suggestions.
[email protected]

A:CD burning problems

Hod said:

Operating system is XP at home
will read cd's but not burn.
Need help.
Please e mail any suggestions.
[email protected] to expand...

It's time for a new combo burner Hod. They are not expensive, and this will save you a lot of time and grief

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-problems.69214/
Relevancy 26.66%

Dear folks Laptop met teac-dw- e combo drive burns CD s only no DVD s XP home Situation A I have no special burning software I use standard XP features CD amp DVD s ready bought or burned by others CD's own not recognised CD are burning: burned are working just fine Burning of CD s doesn t work as XP doesn t recognize a blanc CD rw disc CD drive makes jamming noise Hardware seems to be fine Situation B After installation of NERO Oem all works fine for a few weeks as well as burning of CD s Today s situation blanc CD rw s are recognised burning process with Nero CD burning: own burned CD's are not recognised seems to be normal but afterwards the freshly burned CD is not recognised both Nero amp My Computer in which I tried to open the CD get frozen and need to be closed with CTRL ALT DEL CD drive makes jamming noise Hardware seems to be fine The same problem as in situation A except Nero recognises blanc CD rw s burning process seems to work fine but the freshly burned CD is not recognised I tried many brand discs all the same Who can help me Thanks Max nbsp

A:CD burning: own burned CD's are not recognised

If you are receiving the same type of noise with or without any burning software, it sounds like a bad drive. A CDR-W disk will only be recognized by the same drive it was burned on, but a CDR disk should be recognized by any drive in any computer. Is it possible that something was jammed into the tray when the drive was closed?? If not, best bet is a bad cd rom drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-own-burned-cds-are-not-recognised.67709/
Relevancy 25.8%

I ve recently got a new computer and put my DVD RW drive into it its a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S and I ve been trying to burn DVD s with it and it won t let me I can burn CD s and read just not burn DVD s and I know DVDRW Burning SOHW-1693S problem - LITE-ON DVD its not the brand of DVD s DVD Burning problem - LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S because in my old computer when the drive worked I was using the same brand DVD s I ve tried using NERO and DVD Burning problem - LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S Alcohol and niether will do any good Here is the log file from Alcohol if it helps Code System Information Windows XP Professional Service Pack DVD Burning problem - LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S Build Processor info AMD Athlon tm Processor MHz Memory Available to Windows KB Program Information File Name C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol Alcohol exe Company Name Alcohol Soft Development Team Description Alcohol Original alcohol exe Product Alcohol Trademarks Alcohol Soft Development Team Copyright Copyright C - Alcohol Soft Development Team Version Build Date Size Bytes Hash b efea f ee cc b dcd Hash d a dcfed ff d c e cbc c e bc c c ae c ca d Hash b dcff fc bc e fff f cb cb f c ad c File Name C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol alcoholx dll Description Alcohol virtual device control library Original alcoholx dll Copyright Copyright C - Version Build Date Size Bytes Hash b f ca a bb c c a ad c d File Name C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol devsupp dll Company Name Alcohol Soft Development Team Description Alcohol Software Device Capability Library Original devsupp dll Product Alcohol Software Device Capability Library Copyright Copyright C - Alcohol Soft Development Team Version Build Date Size Bytes Hash cb e b a fd fad efe User Information Licensed to Happy User Registered User ID EF Options Setting Devices control interface Default Driver Control Interface CPU Priority Level High Memory Buffer Size MB Examine the accuracy of data read from physical device Yes Turn off quot Auto-Select best write speed quot function if possible No Overburn disc s No Fill memory buffer before recording discs Yes Ignore Media Type Yes RMPS Recordable Media Physical Signature Emulation No BAD Sectors Emulation No Sub-Channel Data Fixed amp Emulation No Laserlock Emulation No Current Language English Device s List D LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S atapi Port Bus Target Lun F SCSIVAX DVD CD-ROM Vax s Port Bus Target Lun Installed Device Drivers List ACPI sys afd sys ALCXWDM SYS Aspi SYS ATMFD DLL audstub sys Beep SYS BOOTVID dll BT sys Cdfs SYS cdrom sys CLASSPNP SYS disk sys dmio sys dmload sys drmk sys dump atapi sys dump WMILIB SYS Dxapi sys dxg sys dxgthk sys Fastfat SYS fdc sys Fips SYS flpydisk sys fltMgr sys Fs Rec SYS ftdisk sys GEARAspiWDM sys hal dll HIDCLASS SYS HIDPARSE SYS hidusb sys HTTP sys i prt sys ifp sys imapi sys ipnat sys ipsec sys isapnp sys kbdclass sys KDCOM DLL kmixer sys ks sys KSecDD sys mnmdd SYS mouclass sys mouhid sys MountMgr sys mrxdav sys mrxsmb sys Msfs SYS msgpc sys mssmbios sys Mup sys NDIS sys ndistapi sys ndisuio sys ndiswan sys NDProxy SYS netbios sys netbt sys Npfs SYS ntdll dll Ntfs sys ntkrnlpa exe Null SYS nv disp dll nv mini sys parport sys PartMgr sys ParVdm SYS pci sys pciide sys PCIIDEX SYS PenClass sys portcls sys processr sys psched sys ptilink sys rasacd sys rasl tp sys raspppoe sys raspptp sys raspti sys rdbss sys RDPCDD sys rdpdr sys redbook sys SCSIPORT SYS serenum sys serial sys SiSGbeXP sys siside sys sisidex sys sisperf sys SiSRaid sys sr sys srv sys STREAM SYS swenum sys sysaudio sys tcpip sys TDI SYS termdd sys UltraMonMirror sys UltraMonUtility sys update sys USBD SYS usbehci sys usbhub sys usbohci sys USBPORT SYS usbprint sys USBSTOR SYS Vax b sys Vax s sys vga sys VIDEOPRT SYS VolSnap sys wanarp sys watchdog sys wdmaud sys win k sys WMILIB SYS Detailed Information of Device s D LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S detail information Vendor Identification LITE-ON Product Identification DVDRW SOHW- S Production Revision Level KS Loca... Read more

A:DVD Burning problem - LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S

are the DVD-R discs certified to run at your recording speed or higher? you can attempt to lower the recording speed and see if that fixes the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problem-lite-on-dvdrw-sohw-1693s.67199/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi.. I've had this problem for about 3 months now and its been getting worse pretty much everytime I burn a CD. It goes through the burning process no problem. I've used 3 different programs and also tried 3 different brands of CDs and I still get the same result. Anyways when I try to actually listen to the CD you can hear the music but its covered by a thick layer of "fuzziness" I guess you could say. My computer WONT read the CD and my car doesn't like it either. I called Dell and they were little to no help. So I just want to know.. is there something I can actually do to fix this? Or should I just go ahead and buy a whole new drive?

A:Philips CDD5263 Burning Problems

RBenthien said:

Hi.. I've had this problem for about 3 months now and its been getting worse pretty much everytime I burn a CD. It goes through the burning process no problem. I've used 3 different programs and also tried 3 different brands of CDs and I still get the same result. Anyways when I try to actually listen to the CD you can hear the music but its covered by a thick layer of "fuzziness" I guess you could say. My computer WONT read the CD and my car doesn't like it either. I called Dell and they were little to no help. So I just want to know.. is there something I can actually do to fix this? Or should I just go ahead and buy a whole new drive?Click to expand...

Please, could you explain to me better? I don't understand clearly. You say "when I try to listen the music is covered by fuzziness" and then "My computer don't read the CD". These seem not compatible. Could you be more clear?
I suppose you are burning an audio Cd. Or is it an MP3 one ?
Bye

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/philips-cdd5263-burning-problems.66468/
Relevancy 27.09%

If I do this I can't play it on a dvd player. I tried downloading trial software to convert it to divx but only 30% gets converted for free so how do I know if it will work before I buy it? Is there another solution please? thanks

A:Burning bin file on to dvd

So in the bin file there is video? Download CD Burner XP Pro (google it) and go to the File menu and convert iso image, that will open your bin file and then you can convert it to iso, then you can burn that by selecting write disk from iso file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-bin-file-on-to-dvd.64638/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi.I have a problem when i try to burn a dvd-r with my LG gsa4163.The process fails with "Buffer too large msg.I can paste a error log if needed.Pls help cuz I`m not really sure if it`s a windows,nero 7 premium or hardware issue.

A:Problem with burning dvd`s

Post your error message

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-burning-dvd-s.63967/
Relevancy 26.66%

I can't convert an AVI file to DVD format (tried winavi, dvdsanta) so I can burn it. I can't even burn the AVI straight to a cd, but it plays just fine from the hard drive. Any ideas? Thanks much.

Khennirad

A:AVI conversion and burning error

Depends on what you are burning is for... because if you're burning a movie from Crapwire ( limewire :haha: ) then using it to burn movies to a DVD I wont tell you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avi-conversion-and-burning-error.63744/
Relevancy 27.09%

Is it possible to burn VOB files so that they are read-able by a DVD player?

I have copied the files from a DVD (home movie) and have the audio and video folders, but I don't know of a way to burn them onto another DVD so that they don't simply end up as data files as opposed to a playable DVD.

Thanks.

A:Burning VOB files?

Hello billyellis!
Yes you can burn those Audio and Video folders to a DVD and have a regular dvd movie, actually that all you got (i mean those two folder contents) when you buy a brand new movie plus a few extra files. All you need is a Software capable of burn those files, I personally use Nero is very simple and very reliable, you only have to select DVD-Video and drag the content to the VIDEO_TS folder to the empty one. Give it a try, you can download a trial version for 30 days. Let me know if there's something more i can do to help. Good Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-vob-files.62964/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have downloaded this video file but i can't seem to put it on DVD because my DVD burn program, IMTOO DVD Creator, seems to think that the file is some billion minutes long. It tells me that it wont fit on a disk so it wont start the burn. Could someone please help me or put in any input? Thanks

A:DVD Burning Problems

before selecting you want to burn something, make sure you have selected 'dvd' rather then 'cd', in nero, its a drop down box on the top right. i always make that mistake when burning a dvd after writing a CD as i burn dvds 99% of the time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problems.60517/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi there I recently went through a trojan removal with the help of this board but I am still a newbie so please forgive me if I commit any TS faux-pas Yesterday my DVD burner locked up at of the suddenly burners DVD burning & CD Both not project completed green LED indicating reading of the disc solid on Both DVD & CD burners suddenly not burning I was using Disc Copier Roxio from another DVD I had burned previously so I tried again this time actually copying the files to the HD first and then using Easy Creator and it froze again at Today I tried to burn a music CD Both DVD & CD burners suddenly not burning on the CD-RW drive my DVD drive stopped recognizing blank CDs a while ago and that is also giving me error messages E a IDispatch error E The parameter is incorrect This is happening before it even begins to burn The disc is ejected and still shows up as a blank CD if I try again later Both drives have always worked fine Lately I had the trojan and virus issues mentioned above but both drives were working after that hassle I am now running Ewido including the Shield as well as Ad-aware s Ad-watch in the background though so perhaps updates to those programs since could be involved Other changes that are probably unrelated but maybe not are in Firefox which is the most recent update A few days ago Firefox stopped recognizing any of my customizations and every time I reopen or open a new window it is in default layout window size etc I can t remember if I have burned any DVDs since I installed that FF update a few days ago Has anyone heard of any interaction issues with the programs I mentioned I have searched for burner issues here a little but there are a million and each are different although I did try one of the solutions suggested to one of the posters e g setting the IMAPI service to Automatic whose problem sounded similar But that post was over years old so I was not surprised when that suggestion did not work for me Help Edit FF also will not Bookmark pages unless I select a different folder destination than the default either nbsp

A:Both DVD & CD burners suddenly not burning

Thanks for the post Rick.

Unfortunately, even after converting all files to 192kbps or higher, I get the same error...

But I am mostly worried about the DVD burner not working. My drive is pretty full, and if I can't take stuff off (or back up) as needed, I am going to have an awfully hard time working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/both-dvd-cd-burners-suddenly-not-burning.59704/
Relevancy 26.66%

I keep getting error msg: F:\ is not accessible incorrect func

When I try to save pictures to a dvd/cd.

Also I have always used My Pictures to store my photo's and view them as a slide show, I can no longer run a slidshow, as it is not in the View Icon anymore.
JuneClick to expand...

A:Error Burning photo's to disk

What burning software are you using?

For your second problem, you just need to change the view option for your My Pictures directory. If you are using windows xp then there should be an icon to the right of Folders, click on that and set the view to slide show or whatever you like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-burning-photos-to-disk.58894/
Relevancy 27.09%

I'm having a problem with burning cd's and dvd's. I've tried different types of cd's and dvd's, but every time I try to burn a cd or dvd I get an error saying I don't have a cd or dvd in my burner. I know I do, cause I just put it in there. When I go to properties, it says everything is working properly. Can anyone help me out there?

A:problem with burning cd's and dvd's

Did you just install this burner? or has it been installed and working fine till now? if you just installed it make sure you have the jumper properly set. also check in device manager under IDE ATA|ATAPI Contollers, look under the advanced tab on the IDE channel the drive is on and make sure it is operating in DMA mode and not PIO mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-burning-cds-and-dvds.56209/
Relevancy 26.66%

Okay heres my problem I ve had this Dvd Burner came with my computer for about months now Initially I had no problems burning cd s dvd s etc I used Divxtodvd to convert my avi s etc to dvd burnable media then burn them to discs By the way my burner is an AOPEN DUW ARR Dual Layer DVD CD Burner Heres a screenshot Recently I have been burning my Cd s CD-R RW etc fine with it But now every time I try to burn either data or dvd video files to a dvd using nero it goes through the process fine but then when I try to play the dvd on either my computer or dvd player it reads quot no data or unreadable data quot on my dvd player And on my computer Urgent!! Burning DVD Problem it shows no files NOTHING in the dvd-drive at all Ive tried about different burning programs Nero VSo ConvertX to DVD Cucusoft Burner Pro and a nother Divx Avi Urgent!! DVD Burning Problem etc Converter Burner Pro By the way I use DVD R s EDIT Okay ive uncovered part of the problem I was observing my Cd DVD drive in my computer as quot drives With Removable Storage quot as i was putting the DVD R disc in Interestingly enough the drive name with no disc in read quot DVD-RW Drive E quot But when I put the blank dvd back in the Drive changed name to quot CD Drive E quot What does this mean can someone help me Im stumped nbsp

A:Urgent!! DVD Burning Problem

If you have Nero installed try running the tests in CD\DVD speed. also check and make dure that your burner is operating in DMA mode and not PIO.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgent-dvd-burning-problem.55028/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am using Nero to burn my dvds. When I copy a dvd, it only takes about 5 minutes to make a backup of one of my dvd movies onto a 4GB blank dvd. Yet, when I use Nero to turn a bunch of AVI into a dvd (not just a data dvd but a movie dvd), it takes about 2 hours to burn that 4GB DVD.

Can somebody explain to me why this is? Is there a way i can get this done alot faster?

A:Burning DVDs faster

The extra time witht he AVI fiels is probably due to Nero converting the AVI files to burnt hem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvds-faster.53521/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I just want to say that if this is the wrong spot to post this then am really sorry Ok now right to business To DVD Burning Questions. I just recently purchased a DVD burner and I have a bunch Burning To DVD Questions. of AVI files that I want to burn into a DVD disc but its seems to be more tricky than I expected I have heard that in order to burn an AVI file to a DVD disc you must first convert it to an Mpeg- file VOB Ok so this is my question I have Nero Express so I was wondering does Nero do the conversion Or do I need to find another software that converts my AVI to an Mpeg- and then take the Mpeg- file and burn it with Nero or do I take the AVI file and leave it as it is and let Nero do all the work Do any of that affect the file quality wise I just hope you guys understand my questions Thanks nbsp

A:Burning To DVD Questions.

Nero will convert the .avi file to a dvd format by it self, but it can take a while. For me on average, it takes 1hr to convert and burn. Before you burn it, you can choose the quality settings (using the more options button), but IMO you should leave it at Automatic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-to-dvd-questions.53250/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've been burning DVDs using a SONY VAIO model PCV-RZ24G, NERO and DVD shrink. I've had very few problems using Verbatim DVD+R. I started trying Verbatim DVD-R to play on my TV/DVD combo. After encoding with DVD shrink, I put the DVD-R in and it looks like it's going to burn, then fails. I also tried Memorex DVD-R with the same result. After the DVD-R failed both times, I tried it a third time using DVD+R and it burns with no problem. I also tried to copy my DVD+R movie to a DVD-R using NERO and it also failed that way. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

A:DVD burning DVD+ but not DVD-

Perhaps your burner isn't compatible with the -R format. I have a Dell with an NEC +RW burner that won't read or write to -R or -RW. Most new DVD burners are compatible with both formats these days but that, evidently, was not always the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-dvd-but-not-dvd.52883/
Relevancy 26.66%

I noticed that this new USP external drive burn and write stuff slower then my previous internal DVD Drive Does anyone know what problem is causing it My new USP drive LITE-ON Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM M Cache USB External DVD Burner Model SHW- SX My Mobo spec yr old Mobo Motherboard Name Chaintech AJA E Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type DEC Alpha EV Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz DDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Memory Bus Properties Bus Type SDR SDRAM Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type PCI Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Motherboard Physical Info CPU Sockets Slots Expansion Slots ISA PCI AGP AMR DVD Drive Slow Is Burning For My External RAM Slots DIMM Integrated Devices Audio Form Factor ATX Motherboard Size mm x mm Motherboard Chipset KT A nbsp

A:Burning Is Slow For My External DVD Drive

your mobo is pretty old and I dont believe it supports USB 2.0 so the external burner it is operating at usb 1.1 speeds which are slower than an internal burner on a IDE channel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-is-slow-for-my-external-dvd-drive.52766/
Relevancy 27.09%

i just got nero 7. when i download video from my video cam it all works fine. if i burn it to a reg cd and view it on the computer all is good, but when i try to burn it to a dvd that can play on any dvd player the video looks fine but the audio is a little off and about every 5 to 10 sec. there is a little flicker. i have tried to goto the nero support, but they suck, sorry to say but i payed for it now and really would like to burn my home video so i can play it on a dvd player.

A:nero 7 dvd burning help

well i don't know much about burning a dvd but i do know stuff about a regular cd. have you tried using a lower burning speed? because when i burn my cds i use an x1 burning speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nero-7-dvd-burning-help.52382/
Relevancy 27.09%

i'm not sure if this is in the right section. I have an hour dvd that I want to burn to my computer and host on my site. I have the authorization of the dvd producer.How do I do it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvd-to-my-computer.51613/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just have question I am hoping that someone else has had the same problem Being new to the dvd burning thing I have run into a problem I am using DVD shrink and DVD Free I have backed up several movies already What is happening now is the DVD shrink analizes the dvd then encodes it Then the burning starts However for some reason it takes the same amount of time to movies on burning DVD Problems burn as normal When I take the burnt dvd out and put it in my player it doesn t play I remove the disc I can see the burnt line it is only about a half inch from the center Meaning the burning process is stopped or for some reason it is only burning part of the movies yet it Problems burning movies on DVD won t play anything back I have wasted about discs due to this I have not changed discs and no changed any of the settings on the DVD shrink It just started doing it PLease if anyone has any idea of what is going on can they PLEASE help me I back up alot of movies for my yr old son Problems burning movies on DVD to watch I am using msonic discs I know they are cheap but I never had a problem before Also if some knows of a good program other than DVD shrink could they please tell me Thank You nbsp

A:Problems burning movies on DVD

Hope this helps?

I have been using DVD Shrink for some time now. What I do is that I create a backup using DVD Shrink and then I use a free DVD burning software that I found online. It is called Deepburner and it doesn't have many features but it can burn an iso image; http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download. Simply download the free version. Just create the backup as an .iso and then use the software. I don't see how the discs you are using are causing the problem. Good luck and hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-burning-movies-on-dvd.21349/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am able to burn very small amounts of video on my computer, but I have a home movie that is about 45 mins long and I get an error message that the disk doesn't have enough memory. The disks I am using are 2 hours. Any help?

A:Burning Home Video

What program are you using to record video?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-home-video.51165/