Windows Support Forum

New Cat6 cord, killed internet speed

Q: New Cat6 cord, killed internet speed

Ok, so I just recently upgraded to a Cat6 cord, I needed a longer cord and the only ones being sold where the Cat6 so I had to get it. Before I installed it, I had a Cat5E, my speed listing was about 3.8mbps give or take.. yeah crappy verizon DSL. But after hooking up the Cat6, I'm now getting about 1.2mbps. I'm rather confused on this, cause from what I read and what I know, that shouldn't cause my speed to dive bomb. And I know it's dive bombed even without the speed test, cause everythings slowed down, loading webpages, gaming, it's all miserably slow. So, I'm at a loss, did I somehow install it wrong? Did I not appease some Tech god before doing it right? Or, perhaps a faulty line?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New Cat6 cord, killed internet speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New Cat6 cord, killed internet speed

Temporarily use the 5e cable again? See if it goes back to previous speed.

My guess would be this should not happen. The cable I would think is sort of a go or no go situation, meaning it works or it doesn't. I'm sure you can have cables with some 'damage' that work but at reduced capacity, but 5e and 6 should be capable of doing 1000Mbps, so when you are talking about a decline from 3.8 to 1.2 that is minuscule compared to what the cable should be capable of, so I really doubt the cable is at fault. Just a weird coincidence based on the information you've given us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cat6-cord-killed-internet-speed.202836/
Relevancy 72.24%

Thank 7 Killed Internet My Speed Windows you in advance for anyone brave Windows 7 Killed My Internet Speed enough to attack this mystery of the ages The bottom line is that my wireless internet connection speed has plummeted following installation of Windows I have AT amp T Uverse fiber optic service WIRE modem with max download speeds of Mbps When I plug the Ethernet cable directly into the modem I achieve nearly that speed When using the wireless connection I get from to Mbps at best I have been testing the speeds with speedtest net using my local San Diego test server Furthermore my wife s laptop which is also on the home wireless network is old uses VISTA and gets near max download speed every time I am using a new HP Pavillion dv laptop product number FV AV with a Broadcom g wireless adapter I have tried letting windows pick the best driver I have downloaded what are supposed to be the correct drivers for this model from HP and have downloaded various drivers from Broadcom none of which have worked Interestingly occasionally immediately after new driver installation the download speed will be very high but then seems to drop with each successive testing The hardware IDs for the adapter are PCI VEN E amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV PCI VEN E amp DEV amp SUBSYS C PCI VEN E amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN E amp DEV amp CC See attached pics for additional specs of computer devices and drivers I am running out of ideas if there is any additional information that would be helpful I would be happy to provide it Please forgive me if I am leaving some crucial information out right now I am a bit frazzled Thanks again to those that can help

A:Windows 7 Killed My Internet Speed

Have you checked this page for the latest Broadcom drivers?

Broadcom Network Drivers for Windows XP, Vista & Windows 7

I know it says xp drivers, but toward the bottom of the page it lets you select Windows 7 32 or 64 bit. If you haven't checked it, it may be worth your time.

Hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/58023-windows-7-killed-my-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Recently upgraded to gigabit service at home office nbsp nbsp Have a T S nbsp Hardwared through Thinkpad Mini Dock Plus Series U or without CAT through a Router or direct to fiber CAT connection or through a number of other routers can only achieve Mbps at BEST nbsp However Cox tech's Dell achieved another Dell professional system of a family member same result nbsp OS independent Tried on Win Win and Win Latest drivers BIOS on all systems Tried different cables etc no change nbsp Go a hold of a friends T system doing some upgrades and tested it today SAME THING nbsp ish max nbsp Yet the - maxed CAT6 Ethernet wired 400Mbp... T430S at Speed, Dells have no issues As well as a desktop Intel mother board system T430S - Ethernet Speed, wired CAT6 maxed at 400Mbp... - 's nbsp What's the story on Lenovo Thinkpads and gigabit speeds nbsp T S has an Intel LM T has an Intel LM nbsp I had service come in remotely still under Lenovo warranty and reloaded drives but made no difference nbsp He left waiting on resolution nbsp While gigabit service is not all that T430S - Ethernet Speed, wired CAT6 maxed at 400Mbp... common yet I'd think there T430S - Ethernet Speed, wired CAT6 maxed at 400Mbp... would be others with T series systems and these NICs with similar complaints nbsp Just for fun I ordered Ugreen USB SuperSpped WIred Gigabit LAN adapter port USBhub and it has the same results nbsp nbsp T S nbsp Core i M GHz nbsp Product Number ABU G Ram Samsung Evo GB or Crucial MX GB Win or Win same results Latest BIOS G ETA WW nbsp nbsp Has anyone else checked and seen this type of thing nbsp Speed check with speedtest net and Cox site nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp Moderator comment Model added to subject for clarity My Primary System Thinkpad T S G Samsung EVO GB Win Pro Crucial MX GB Win

A:T430S - Ethernet Speed, wired CAT6 maxed at 400Mbp...

Can you test the speed locally, like transferring a file from a computer to another? When you test using the internet as an end target, there are many other factors involved.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T430S-Ethernet-Speed-wired-CAT6-maxed-at-400Mbps/td-p/3373245
Relevancy 58.05%
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey, recently I was doing something where I had to pull out my internet cord. One of the times I pulled out my cord(not wireless) and then put it in and the internet dced and the cords lights didnt turn on. Ive done everything to try and get it back by pushing it in different positions and doesnt work. I restarted it and that didnt do anything either. Any tip for what to do?
Thanks

A:Internet cord broken?

Buy a new cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-cord-broken.673387/
Relevancy 50.74%

I was using firefox this morning and my desktop suddenly just stopped connecting to the internet. I unplugged the ethernet cord and tried it on my laptop and it connects to the internet fine using the same ethernet cord. I have on-campus internet, so there is no router or anything for me to try resetting. I tried the windows 7 troubleshooter and it said to reset the router, but there is no router to reset.

On the non-connecting computer, I can ping the IP address and the default gateway address, but not the DNS servers or something like yahoo.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

A:Same internet cord works on 1 computer but not the other

would you post the following
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/same-internet-cord-works-on-1-computer-but-not-the-other.1016691/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. I have a wireless router in the downstairs of my house and I connect to the internet with a wireless connection via my laptop which I use upstairs. I have a ethernet wall jack in the room that I use my computer and am thinking of buying an ethernet cord in order to connect to the internet with a wired connection because I have heard it is faster than wireless. Is this true? Thank you.

A:Will ethernet cord improve my internet?

How will you connect your system to the wall-jack on the other end?

No, it probably won't be faster unless you have a connection speed that exceeds the capability of your wireless, and that is very unlikely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-ethernet-cord-improve-my-internet.1052612/
Relevancy 50.74%

I was given a free Sony Vaio laptop yesterday and I tried hooking up my internet cord to it because the wireless people around here have crappy internet but when I did nothing happened. My modem does nothing on PC/ACTIVITY like its not even plugged in. I tried giving my laptop the same IP , Gateway, etc as my desktop and nothing happened. I tried everything I could think of but nothing has worked. Any help will be great. Thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi. I removed the Ethernet cord on my computer while it was still on( I have Vista) and i plugged it back in a while ago, and it didn't sense any Internet connection. The wireless on the laptops and the Ethernet on my other desktop is working fine, but just one computer isn't connected to the Internet. My friend who fixes computers had me open up command prompt and"ping" stuff, and it said that the connection was fine, but my browser and Songbird can't open any web pages. Ever since the Internet has been off on the computer, it's been freezing up like crazy.
Do you think i have a virus? Or is it the Ethernet port that's damaged? Help!

Relevancy 50.31%

Its a data gateway xp. With the cable cord it was working, but it possible that a failure happen on the hardware or maybe I had done something could of done it which I will not deny. For my own part, the wifi was not working and I was trying to fix it. I went to troubleshoot it and it said "try unstall and reinstalling the wireless". Maybe I unstall the wrong one or not because I did it a few times. It says it is connected but there is wifi with the cord. Trying to pick up wifi around the area will not show anything. Even when right next to the box.

A:Internet not working. Both with cable cord and wireless.

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager are there any devices with yellow flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed. On an internet computer go to the Gateway drivers site Gateway Support - Downloads & Support Documents Find your make and model # and download the Chipset, LAN and Wireless LAN driver for your model and any other drivers you need in the Device Manager. Save them to a USB Flash Drive and transfer them over to the troubled computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-not-working-both-with-cable-cord-and-wireless-702702.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all as of around connection cord constantly Internet crashing via ethernet a week ago I ve been experiencing a strange thing with my internet connection I live in apartments that provide internet to everyone that lives there and had been living here for a few months before this started happening I now constantly have my internet crashing in the middle of browsing gaming I will either open up my laptop to the internet not working already or it will work but crash randomly while I am using it Trying to load a page on google chrome it will show a message saying DNS Lookup Failed and an icon will pop up in the right corner of my screen with a yellow triangle If I hover over it it will say Internet connection via ethernet cord constantly crashing no internet access I ve followed the few steps they had on there but none of them worked I ve never had a problem like this before and haven t made any modifications to anything on my computer lately so I am pretty confused as to why this is happening I know it is something on my end because my roommate s internet is just fine and even used my ethernet cord on her computer and no problems at all I m not very computer savvy so if anyone could provide me any insight as to why this might be happening and how to fix it it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Internet connection via ethernet cord constantly crashing

How do you regain internet access after the trouble occurs?

Please show for when you have internet access and for when you do not ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-via-ethernet-cord-constantly-crashing.1072563/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey ppl I have internet! AVG killed my 8 a HP Pavillion dv running vista home premium it has been working just fine untill today when i updated from AVG to AVG The new AVG installed fine it opened up and looked real slick so the first thing I tried to do was update it So I tried to start my Internet I use the quot O mobile Broadband wireless usb thingy which had also worked just fine till today but It could not connect because according to the mouse-over text above the task tray icon it say s quot The serrvice cannot AVG 8 killed my internet! be started because it is either disabled or has no enabled device with it quot I AVG 8 killed my internet! ran services msc and tried to start the services but nothing worked I use windows firewall but that is not AVG 8 killed my internet! the problem This really pee d me off I have been searching on line using another laptop all day trying to get it sorted So here I am Am I the only one with this prob can anyone help If not the only thing I can do is use the recovery drive yikes Here s hoping Chris nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avg-8-killed-my-internet.727558/
Relevancy 49.45%

The internet wasn't working, so I tried to figure out what was wrong. The Control Panel said to restart the modem and router. Then I had to unplug the power cord and wait 10 sec before plugging it back in, which I did. Now when I look at the wi-fi, I'm connected to 'Network 2', a Homegroup, and not our normal wi-fi (as in it's a different name). Is there something that I should be worried about? 'Cause I looked at the network map, and it said that we're connected to 'Unknown', and not the wi-fi with the name that we usually use.

A:Internet not working and unplugged the power cord = Unknown Homegroup

If the "Unknown" or "Network 2" network is not the same as what you usually connect to then the chances are it is not password protected, so when you unplugged your modem and router your computer saw this other network and connected to it automatically.

However in order for your computer to have connected to this other network you will at some point have told your computer to connect to it.

Either way you should disconnect from this "Network 2" and reconnect to the WiFi you normally use, and it would be advisable to remove this "Network 2" from the list of connections by using this tutorial from Microsoft: Delete a network connection in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338281-internet-not-working-unplugged-power-cord-unknown-homegroup.html
Relevancy 49.02%

your siteMy home system consists of a desktop with a direct connection to cable internet and a Linksys wireless modem for a laptop Unfortunately my laptop became infected with the Vista Security rogue with all the symptoms and messages I spent a while researching it and ended up on the Bleeping my internet! RKill killed Computer site which seemed to have the best info I followed the directions on http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-vista-security- to remove the virus First I downloaded the FixNCR file onto a flash drive and ran it on the infected computer That didn t show any observable effects and I still wasn t able to access the internet Then I downloaded the RKill program and ran that from the Flash as well When the operation finished I got a Notepad RKill killed my internet! file that said RKill was run date and time Operating system Windows Vista Home PremiumProcesses Terminated by Rkill or while it was running blank Rkill completed on time In other words it didn t list anything that it had accomplished However after running the program I didn t see any more messages from Vista Security even after restarting my computer Unfortunately I also was unable to access the internet via my home network anymore When I click on the Network and Sharing Center it shows my PC connected to the network as Local Only At the top of the window it shows the PC connected but it doesn t list the network it just says Identifying with an icon of a clock There is then a red X between the network and the Internet Underneath it says Access Local Only Wireless Network Connection name of network Signal Strength ExcellentIf I click on View Status after the network name I see IPv Connectivity Local IPv Connectivity Limited Media State EnabledIf I click on the Diagnose I see The DHCP client service is not running on this computerOption Restart DHCP client service Clicking this gets the message Choose another repair option Windows tried the following repair Restart the DHCP client service but it did not fix the problem Option Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter Wireless Network Connection Clicking this gets the same message listed above but with Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter Wireless Network Connection instead of Restart the DHCP client service Option Reset the network adapter Wireless Network Connection This opened a Windows Network Diagnostics window with a bar that took a while to fill claiming to be Repairing It still led to a variation of the same message however Clicking on the red X also gives me the option Plug a cable into the network adapter Local Area Connection I tried running a USB cable between the two computers and after another bar that took a while to load the message again said Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists There might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer I tried downloading Malwarebytes Anti-malware again onto the flash drive and ran a scan Of course it wasn t able to update itself since I didn t have an internet connection It s days out of date However after a Quick Scan it showedTrojan ExeShell Gen xHijack StartMenuInternetand deleted them This didn t help me get internet back though This was the log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes orgDatabase version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer AMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Quick scanObjects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Clients StartMenuInternet FIREFOX EXE shell open command default Hijack StartMenuInternet - gt Bad quot C User... Read more

A:RKill killed my internet!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/433999 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433999/rkill-killed-my-internet/
Relevancy 49.02%

I had a nasty malware infection on my Windows XP Pro SP Any time I tried to start a program it would pop up saying the program was infected Also Some My Killed With Along Internet Malware had an agressive web page hijack telling me I had to buy their crapware to resolve the issue I got rid of the malware by logging in on windows and running antivirus from there Now I can t get online from XP When I try to Killed My Internet Along With Some Malware run ipconfig I get windows ip configuration an internal error occured the request is not supported unable to query host name I used Killed My Internet Along With Some Malware Windows Enabler to uninstall TCPIP then reinstalled it with no results Running sfc in command prompt returns Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files The specific error code is x ba The RPC server is unavailable network connections shows the adapter connected and the RPC and RPC Locator serves are both running I can not do a repair install with the windows disk I have Any assistance in resolving this issue would be highly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello im very new to all this so bare with my lack of computer knowledge First of all I acquired this ping exe bug that was eating my computer memory from that windows antivirus virus Did some research downloaded a TDDSKILLER from kaspersky ran the scan and successfully got rid of it After that My internet doesnt even recognize the network its on Its been almost a week now being frustrated TDDSKILLER killed my internet trying everything from reading similar cases and still nothing I have windows xp sp and now using my laptop that running wirelessly on the same internet My issues are I cant log onto the internet on the messed up computer so I have no way of downloading programs showing logs of any sort I was hoping it was something I can fix manually I tried all the following system restore uncheck proxy boxes refreshing winsock chkdsk creating a new TCP IP protocol Nothing still sending packets but not receiving any Im wondering if I could connect this laptop directly to my pc so that way I could get the right programs and show logs Only thing is this is a mac and the infected is windows Id thought I would give a post a shot running out of ideas here

A:TDDSKILLER killed my internet

Please download Farbar Service Scannerhttp://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exeand run it on the computer with the issue.* Press "Scan".* It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.* Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434486/tddskiller-killed-my-internet/
Relevancy 49.02%

I Tried Windows XP SP3 Release candidate a month or so back and then it killed my Internet (ADSL) so I uninstalled it. I reported it to Microsoft who said they would look into it. Needless to say I tried installing the final version of XP SP3 last night and Guess What !?? It killed all email and Internet access again. Does anyone know of a Work around for this. I am using a Marconi Based Router via ADSL internet access. All appears fine on the Router but something in Windows gets hosed. Any Suggestions anyone ??

TIA mtech61

A:Windows XP SP3 Killed all Internet - HELP !

A release candidate they(Microsoft ) is not likely to take a very active look into since it is in beta form however a final release they will take more active part in. I would suggest to report it again to them and send them as much information on your computer as possible.

For trying to diagnose this we would need a lot of info (the same Microsoft would need) and a knowledge of what is in service pack 3.

Have you tried to re-install the networking connection, router/modem since you installed SP3?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-sp3-killed-all-internet-help-246062.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I had a virus that acted like a security program I believe it was called quot Vista Security internet my killed Virus quot I used my computer s spyware program quot Windows Defender quot and got rid of the virus then restarted my computer I knew I had the virus when I went on the internet and the quot security quot program blocked me from entering any sites citing that they were all infected Once I got Virus killed my internet restarted my computer everything was fine but now my internet no longer works This is a desktop computer probably Windows so I m using wired internet connection Um I scanned my computer using Spybot but it didn t find anything I also already tried restacking the winsock and all that stuff from looking at a previous post with a problem similar to mine The error message that I get says quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot When I use the diagnosis button it says that quot webpage quot is not set up to establish a connection to port quot World Wide Web Service quot HTTP with this computer And then it says to change my proxy but when it says to change my address for my proxy it does not let me type in anything Please help nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

When I go into properties, there is no protocol enabled.

Under 'this connection uses the following items'.......I have:-

Client for Microsoft Netwoks
AVG Network Filter Driver
QoS Packet Scheduler
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

The four above are all 'ticked', but I am unable to untick them. Thinking it was due to a bad AVG install/uninstall, I was particularly trying to untick AVG Network Filter Driver.
Note there is no IPv4 or IPv6 listed.

The field under 'Connect Using' is also blank. I would expect to see the name of the network device in here???

I can access the wireless router it seem with limited access......i.e. NO Internet!!!

Please.......HELP!!

Relevancy 49.02%

Ok so a few days ago there was a pretty bad thunderstorm My power went off for a fraction of a second - I was actually on my desktop at the time and the monitor shut off and everything but came back on and the computer was still running After that the desktop would not connect to the internet The router booted back up and the laptops were fine but the desktop was a no-go I have tried restarting cycling everything to no avail I have tried restarting the dhcp client I have tried various commands within command prompt ipconfig renew also to no avail I do not have mcafee sounds like their firewalls screw stuff up I run avast and I tried disabling that and it didn t help I have noticed that a big issue that I can see is that the Storm internet killed the computer does not seem to be able to connect to the router When I ipconfig on command prompt the default gateway is left Storm killed the internet blank I tried pinging the router and it just Storm killed the internet times out Please help I don t know what else to do nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

EDIT Ignore this thread it turned out to Update Internet New Killed be Malware Hi All Sorry for the lack of information here - but last night I updated New Update Killed Internet my computer and my internet stopped working Still could get IP etc but internet would not work Used system restore for the first time ever and was impressed by doing it well as I heard lots of bad things with XP and went back days and all was fine minutes later it died again - it had auto updated I tested it again and sure enough it died after the updates I am unsure which update it was there was - one was a IE update and one was a Windows compatability update I am not at home right now so I cannot be sure FYI my system is core i gb DDR Gigabyte P -UD bit windows Only just installed it last week so it was all up to date except those updates which means it is a recent update or january Sorry for not having all the info - Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone else sees the issue I will try to get more info tonight if I have time Cheers Chris

A:New Update Killed Internet

I am not a believer in automatic updates. I have mine set to notify me of updates. When I am notified I select custom install. That way I can control what is on my computer.

You can install one of the updates and work with your computer a while to see if the problem occurs. If it does, you have foaund the culprit. Roll back to a previous restore point and don't install it. If your computer is OK, try installing the other update and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59059-new-update-killed-internet.html
Relevancy 49.02%

so i had some wicked spyware or malware i really don t know the difference on my work computer i used superantispyware and malwarebytes anti-malware to get rid of all the bad and my Killed spyware, please! the internet. help stuff and now for some reason Killed the spyware, and my internet. help please! my internet connection says it is connected but isn t transferring any information so this computer was built by my girlfriends brother a while back so i need to know how to find the system info in XP so i can try to reinstall the drivers my guess is that the driver for my ethernet controller was corrupted if anyone has any other suggestions i would really appreciate it PS i know i didn t give you guys too much to work with but i don t really know where to get the info or what info is needed just tell me what you need and i will get it if possible thanks to everyone in advance for any help i really appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Troj vundo slipped past trendmicro software & killed internet go won't troj_vundo away It killed the internet and made everything super slow After much battling and working between troj_vundo killed internet & won't go away my laptop and the infected desktop I was finally able remove it i thought using mbam I also updated Java which I believe let troj_vundo killed internet & won't go away the trojan in The computer is running much troj_vundo killed internet & won't go away faster however I still cannot get on the internet and therefore cannot update mbam It is not allowing the IP address to renew At one point I was able to get a valid IP address but it still would not connect to the internet Obviously something is still causing issues I'm afraid vundo is still the culprit Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated Here are my logs Thanks mediamomLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIACA EXEC PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Jukebox ymetray exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel reg Quick Resume Technology Drivers Elservice exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exec progra common instal update isuspm exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www marriageboost com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLLO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirect... Read more

A:troj_vundo killed internet & won't go away

Hi mediamom,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. Please let me know in your next reply if you agree with this.You may make the two batch files, download the tools and transfer it to the infected computer as instructed and run them, then post the results.Please open HiJackThis and choose do a system scan only. Check the boxes next to ONLY the entries listed below (if present):

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: jatipife.dll

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, including browsers, so that nothing other than HijackThis is open, then click Fix Checked. A box will pop up asking you if you wish to fix the selected items. Please choose YES. Once it has fixed them, please exit/close HijackThis.

Please run Notepad (start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad) and copy and paste the text in the code box into a new file:
@echo off
cd\
(ipconfig /all
nslookup google.com
ping -n 2 google.com
nslookup yahoo.com
ping -n 2 yahoo.com
route print) >Log1.txt
start Log1.txt
Go to the File menu at the top of the Notepad and select Save as.Select save in: desktopFill in File name: test.batSave as type: All file types (*.*)Click save.Close the Notepad.Locate and double-click test.bat on the desktop.A notepad opens, copy and paste the content it (log.txt) to your reply.Please download MBR.EXE by GMER. Save the file in your Root directory (C:\).

Please run Notepad (start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad) and copy and paste the text in the code box into a new file:
@echo off
cd\
mbr.exe -t
start mbr.logGo to the File menu at the top of the Notepad and select Save as.Select Save in: desktopFill in File name: dirlook.batSave as type: All file types (*.*)Click save.Close the Notepad.Locate and double-click look.bat on the desktop.A notepad opens, copy and paste the content (mbr.log) to your reply.
Please download OTL by OldTimer.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under Output select "Standard Output" checkbox.Set Services, Drivers and Standard Registry to All.Click Run Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them to your reply:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284533/troj-vundo-killed-internet-wont-go-away/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey Guys

I installed Kaspersky AV 2012 today and it removed some Trojans, which is great! However, I now can't get an Internet connection, all I have is the little yellow exclamation mark on my connection icon on the system tray.
Attempting repairs tells me that there are no problems, but the icon says "no Internet access".

Any thoughts please guys?!

Cheers!

Styg

A:Kaspersky Killed My Internet

Hello Stygmata,

It sounds as though the infection hasn't totally been removed. I'm moving this thread to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help section.

Please follow the instructions in our pre-posting topic New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Use another computer to download the tools to a flash drive and transfer the tools to the troubled computer.

Also please list what Kaspersky detected/removed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/kaspersky-killed-my-internet-646120.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I was recently infected with a virus (Internet Security 2010) and I'm pretty sure another virus also. I can't remember the name, however, I'm pretty sure I've removed them. Since doing so my Internet has stopped working. Now what?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282915/virus-killed-my-internet/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 48.59%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 48.59%

Sensationalist title aside I have a real head-scratcher I recently upgraded my motherboard to an S- ASROCK CORE TWINS-P I did NOT reinstall the operating system prefering instead to make my drivers agnostic before the change due to a very large number of programs to re-setup I m pretty sure that s at the root of my current problems but I m stubbornly trying to fix it without formating The onboard Network Adapter is a Realtek RTL C P C P PCI-E Gigabit Solved: New Motherboard the Internet! killed Ethernet NIC and it s not wanting to play nice with my modem When I run ipconfig my default gateway shows up blank and my DHCP server as the default I won t go into detail about everything I ve tried so far as it s a quite a lot Of special note though when I ran set devmgr show nonpresent device and then had it show hidden I have a ghosted RAS Async Adapter that I can t uninstall because quot Windows may require this device to boot quot which is clearly a lie as it boots while ghosted Now to dump a whole lot of data into the post in hopes that someone out there can look at it and tell me what s wrong Thanks for looking EDIT Also of note the RJ- connected to the network adapter Solved: New Motherboard killed the Internet! isn t blinking I m guessing that this means a driver problem but I ve installed the newest drivers However on the support CD that came with the motherboard the adapter is listed as a Realtek RTL B RTL C What the heck The drivers on the same cd are for a Realtek RTL C P C P PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC Is this normal - Network Adapters PASSED - Realtek RTL C P C P PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC PASSED ArpAlwaysSourceRoute empty ArpUseEtherSNAP empty Caption Realtek RTL C P C P PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC DatabasePath SystemRoot System drivers etc DeadGWDetectEnabled empty DefaultIPGateway empty DefaultTOS empty DefaultTTL empty Description Realtek RTL C P C P PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC DHCPEnabled TRUE DHCPLeaseExpires AM DHCPLeaseObtained PM DHCPServer Invalid IP Address DNSDomain empty DNSDomainSuffixSearchOrder empty DNSEnabledForWINSResolution FALSE DNSHostName NOX DNSServerSearchOrder empty DomainDNSRegistrationEnabled FALSE ForwardBufferMemory empty FullDNSRegistrationEnabled TRUE GatewayCostMetric empty IGMPLevel empty Index IPAddress PASSED Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms IPConnectionMetric IPEnabled TRUE IPFilterSecurityEnabled FALSE IPPortSecurityEnabled empty IPSubnet IPUseZeroBroadcast empty IPXAddress empty IPXEnabled FALSE IPXFrameType empty IPXMediaType empty IPXNetworkNumber empty IPXVirtualNetNumber empty KeepAliveInterval empty KeepAliveTime empty MACAddress C AB MTU empty NumForwardPackets empty PMTUBHDetectEnabled empty PMTUDiscoveryEnabled empty ServiceName RTLE xp SettingID C D C-A B - EB-A F-B C B TcpipNetbiosOptions TcpMaxConnectRetransmissions empty TcpMaxDataRetransmissions empty TcpNumConnections empty TcpUseRFC UrgentPointer empty TcpWindowSize empty WINSEnableLMHostsLookup FALSE WINSHostLookupFile empty WINSPrimaryServer empty WINSScopeID empty WINSSecondaryServer empty - RAS Async Adapter ArpAlwaysSourceRoute empty ArpUseEtherSNAP empty Caption RAS Async Adapter DatabasePath empty DeadGWDetectEnabled empty DefaultTOS empty DefaultTTL empty Description RAS Async Adapter DHCPEnabled FALSE DHCPLeaseExpires empty DHCPLeaseObtained empty DNSDomain empty DNSDomainSuffixSearchOrder empty DNSEnabledForWINSResolution empty DNSHostName empty DomainDNSRegistrationEnabled empty ForwardBufferMemory empty FullDNSRegistrationEnabled empty GatewayCostMetric empty IGMPLevel empty Index IPConnectionMetric empty IPEnabled FALSE IPFilterSecurityEnabled empty IPPortSecurityEnabled empty IPSecPermitIPProtocols empty IPSecPermitTCPPorts empty IPSecPermitUDPPorts empty IPS... Read more

A:Solved: New Motherboard killed the Internet!

If this is XP or Vista, you could try doing a repair instead of a format and a re-install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-motherboard-killed-the-internet.746791/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hiya,
Pretty sure this is the right section.. awe well.

My computer recently had a virus, I digged around, found it, let Norton do it's thing, and it was done with. But ever since whenever I try to open Internet Explorer it won't connect anymore. I tried Chrome, and I got the same problem. Using Vista Basic, all up to date. This isn't exactly a whole lot of information to work with, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all, sorry if this shouldnt be in here, wasn't sure whether it should be malware or networking!

Anyway, after a few dreadful days, i have finally(i hope) removed avpro2009. But in the process of removal my internet connection died. I have tried lsp fix and winsock but it did nothing.

I get the message limited or no connectivity, with a false ip(169.), no nds and the messahe "unable to contact dhcp server". I just cant fix whatever the virus has done.

If anyone could give me any other suggestions i'd be very grateful.

Thanks, Neil

A:AntiVirusPro 2009 Killed My Internet!

Please post the same problem only ONE time... reported to moderator.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/antiviruspro-2009-killed-my-internet.773892/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi My husband s computer became infected with the Ali Baba popup malware Enter loving wife and a quot solution quot from another website which included some programs I ve used before -- JRT MBAM Hitman Pro and AdWare Cleaner Evidently I was Internet My Connection! Husband's Killed No! Oh a little bit overzealous as my husband s computer now can t communicate with the DNS server and I found some DNS server files that were removed by MBAM Attached is a troubleshooting report Also an MBAM report with the items removed that refer to DNS Just guessing these might be the culprits Anything you can do Oh No! Killed My Husband's Internet Connection! to help me restore my husband s wireless will be much appreciated -- needless to say the current situation isn t doing a lot for my marriage BTW it looks like the solution cured the popup on my husband s computer but for some reason it s now appeared on mine I ran some of the above programs on my computer but not MBAM Obviously I don t want to duplicate my husband s wireless problem -- should I use MBAM but leave the DNS files intact Or -- Note my husband tried restoring his computer -- times to different restore points -- but the restorations were all unsuccessful Fingers crossed this is something that can be fixed relatively simply and painlessly Many thanks Jane Husband s Computer Dell Inspiron N OS Windows Premium Windows Ultimate Service Pack x nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oh-no-killed-my-husbands-internet-connection.1168246/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all, sorry if this shouldnt be in here, wasn't sure whether it should be malware or networking!

Anyway, after a few dreadful days, i have finally(i hope) removed avpro2009. But in the process of removal my internet connection died. I have tried lsp fix and winsock but it did nothing.

I get the message limited or no connectivity, with a false ip(169.), no nds and the messahe "unable to contact dhcp server". I just cant fix whatever the virus has done.

If anyone could give me any other suggestions i'd be very grateful.

Thanks, Neil

A:AntiVirusPro 2009 Killed My Internet!

Hi and welcome. Please review the very first thread in this section for instructions on how to download, install and post a Hijack This log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/antiviruspro-2009-killed-my-internet.773891/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I got this notice to download an important update for ZoneAlarm Free I do so reboot as instructed and lo and behold the internet connection on Internet! 7.0 Zonealarm Update My Killed my computer is dead I know for a fact the internet itself and modem is fine because I'm using my g f's laptop which is connected wirelessly to my wireless router I uninstalled ZoneAlarm in the hopes that I would restore the connection Not only did I not get the connection back but now it seems like all the start-up programs and Zonealarm Update 7.0 Killed My Internet! items in the system tray didn't start I am now seriously peeved at ZoneAlarm and intend to switch over to Sygate probably In the meantime what can I do to restore the Internet connection Zonealarm Update 7.0 Killed My Internet! on my computer I even tried directly connecting the modem to the computer and that didn't work I have ports and I disabled the one I was using and enabled the other one that didn't do squat I'm debating on pulling out my motherboard CD and reinstalling the ethernet drivers but afraid of what that might do Could that solve the problem or is there another better solution Am I the only one with this problem Something tells me ZoneLab's stock is gonna fall tomorrow EDIT By the way I attempted to use the Repair tool for the internet connection and I just get a failure notice saying that it couldn't renew my IP address Perhaps that clue can be helpful I hope Thanks Venek

A:Zonealarm Update 7.0 Killed My Internet!

If it says that it can't renew your IP address, it means it cannot connect to your DHCP. the firewall is probably blocking traffic, also go to start then run type services.msc scroll down the list and make sure DHCP service is started.Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86607/zonealarm-update-70-killed-my-internet/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all here is my original post on Used ComboFix to eliminate ping exe virus and Google redirect After ComboFix completed all seemed good except I am Connection ComboFix Internet killed unable to restore my network connection When I try to use the repair command I get a dialogue box stating that the connection cannot be restored because the IP address ComboFix killed Internet Connection can t be renewed It would appear that ComboFix eliminated something but I am not sure what I have already tried System Restore to go back to an earlier state but that didn t solve the problem Ideas font Quietman Replied on If rebooting did not restore your Internet connection then follow these instructions for Manually restoring the Internet connection If those are the instructions you already followed or that does not help then further investigation will be needed Since you already ran ComboFix the log should be reviewed by our experts in order to ascertain what was detected and removed When you have done that post the required logs to include your ComboFix log in the Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs forum for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts This post has been edited by quietman Today PM Here is the ComboFix Log ComboFix - - - Meehan Family - x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from c documents and settings Meehan Family My Documents Downloads ComboFix exeAV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Disabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE Other Deletions c documents and settings Meehan Family Local Settings Application Data BA F -E EE- A- -B E BDBBEB E c documents and settings Meehan Family Local Settings Application Data BA F -E EE- A- -B E BDBBEB E chrome manifestc documents and settings Meehan Family Local Settings Application Data BA F -E EE- A- -B E BDBBEB E chrome content cfg jsc documents and settings Meehan Family Local Settings Application Data BA F -E EE- A- -B E BDBBEB E chrome content overlay xulc documents and settings Meehan Family Local Settings Application Data BA F -E EE- A- -B E BDBBEB E install rdfc documents and settings Meehan Family Recent roompg pifc documents and settings Meehan Family Recent Thumbs dbc windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB bckfg tmpc windows NtUninstallKB cfg inic windows NtUninstallKB Desktop inic windows NtUninstallKB keywordsc windows NtUninstallKB kwrd dllc windows NtUninstallKB L pdmzmplgc windows NtUninstallKB lsflt verc windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows system bszip dllc windows NtUninstallKB Failed to delete Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Meehan Family Application Data AVG - - - - -------- d-----w- C AVG - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system drivers AVG - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data AVG - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files AVG - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data MFAData - - - - -------- d-sh--w- c documents and settings NetworkService IETldCache - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system wbem Repository - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Meehan Family Application Data WindSolutions - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data WindSolutions Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers avgldx sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers AVGIDSShim sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system deployJava dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system javacpl cpl - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers avgrkx sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system lsdelete exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mbam sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers Lbd sys - - - - ----a-w- c pr... Read more

A:ComboFix killed Internet Connection

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/427924 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427924/combofix-killed-internet-connection/
Relevancy 48.59%

I installed TotalVPN on my Windows Pro laptop about a week ago after reading glowing reviews about it The software requires a login before accessing anything to do with the VPN and when I entered mine I got an error message that it was unable to create the web proxy in connection killed TotalVPN my Internet the 'system net defaultProxy' configuration section I didn't feel like trying to figure it out so I uninstalled TotalVPN - using iObit Uninstaller to get any leftovers - but my Internet connection has never recovered TotalVPN killed my Internet connection It did not only affect the WiFi as plugging directly to the modem TotalVPN killed my Internet connection didn't help either Viewing the connection status shows sent packets but no received packets I have tried just about everything I could find online about fixing TotalVPN killed my Internet connection the problem I use WinUtilities for general maintenance and tick the box for creating a restore point before doing anything but it apparently could not create these for some reason so I cannot do a system restore But I have tried updating the adapter drivers then uninstalling the adapter altogether and reinstalling I have tried changing the TCP IPv properties to Obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically and I have entered the values provided in the WiFi manager I did this with all the wireless network connections as instructed I have tried using the cmd prompt ipconfig commands - displaydns flushdns release renew all I tried net stop dnscache and rasdial vpn connection d I get a message that the service was not started I read that when trying to use a VPN some service providers will block Internet access I don't believe this to be the case because I took my laptop to a friend's house and it would not connect to his WiFi either Our provider offers VPN so I just don't think that has anything to do with it I also read some bad reviews of iObit's uninstaller so I reinstalled TotalVPN and did an advanced uninstall using Revo And in desperation I have defragged both the registry and the hard drive hoping that might do something I've turned off the Windows firewall and my Comodo firewall Nothing has worked I'd really like to avoid wiping the Windows installation and starting fresh as I my graphic design software alone will take a day to install again I will if that is the only way as one laptop is still Internet connected but doesn't have the graphics card I need and using one for work and one for the Internet is getting tedious If anyone has any ideas that I haven't tried I would really appreciate it

A:TotalVPN killed my Internet connection

Minitoolbox scan.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)
Click Go and post the result.

Security Check Scan.

Download Security Check to your desktop, right click it run as administrator. When the program completes, the tool will automatically open a log file, please post that log here in your next post.
Obviously you will need to transfer the log via USB or cd/dvd...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613375/totalvpn-killed-my-internet-connection/
Relevancy 48.59%

I've had to do a restore 6 times so far to get my connection back & AVG up & running again. I disabled the auto-install feature for Windows Update, thought the problem was fixed (finally) but late last night I once again lost my internet connection & AVG Firewall won't start. I have a wireless 802.11 card with a Verizon MiFi. I'm unsure o what to do now, especially since I did another restore to get my connection back & no go. Anyone else having issues like these or know what's going on?

A:Latest 7 updates killed my AVG & internet

This is problem with AVG install, does some odd ball things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/175467-latest-7-updates-killed-my-avg-internet.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all, used ComboFix to eliminate ping.exe virus and Google redirect. After ComboFix completed, all seemed good except I am unable to restore my network connection. When I try to use the repair command, I get a dialogue box stating that the connection cannot be restored because the IP address can't be renewed. It would appear that ComboFix eliminated something, but I am not sure what. I have already tried System Restore to go back to an earlier state, but that didn't solve the problem. Ideas?

Moved from MRL to AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods
No logs ~~ Boopme

A:ComboFix killed Internet Connection

If rebooting did not restore your Internet connection, then follow these instructions for Manually restoring the Internet connection.If those are the instructions you already followed or that does not help, then further investigation will be needed. Since you already ran ComboFix, the log should be reviewed by our experts in order to ascertain what was detected and removed.Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here. ComboFix logs, where should I post them?When you have done that, post the required logs to include your ComboFix log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.If you're not sure where to find the log, ComboFix will create and save it to the root directory, usually C:\ComboFix.txt. To retrieve the log, launch Windows Explorer, navigate to the root directory and double-click on it to open in Notepad.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427781/combofix-killed-internet-connection/
Relevancy 48.59%

Our internet browser no longer works and causes the system to hang We are Internet Spyware Explorer Killed using Spyware Killed Internet Explorer Windows Server in Terminal Services Application Server mode and Internet Explorer I ve run AdAware amp Spybot with current definitions to clean out our systems but even after running a full scan with both programs there is still malware on our systems I purchased AdAware Pro with AdWatch to block new infections but it isn t working in addition for many but not all user Internet Explorer no longer works properly You click to open it up and it takes all available processor cycles causing everything and everyone to come to a halt I ve created new users in Active Directory and those users are unable to use internet explorer as well I went back Spyware Killed Internet Explorer to the Quarantine for both Adaware amp spybot to replace all removed items hopeing that would replace whatever was removed from IE That did not do the trick I installed Netscape and that works fine -- for now Can anyone Help nbsp

A:Spyware Killed Internet Explorer

Here are the settings that I use ... perhaps it will be a starting point for you. You may wish to make some adjustments once you get familiar with how Ad-Watch works.

Launch Ad-Aware, and click on the gear at the top, which will open the settings menu.

Under Ad-watch Settings / Activity:
Load Ad-watch at Windows start up: ON
Ad-watch window always on top: ON

Realtime Accuracy: HIGH PRIORITY

Under Memory/Registry:
Lock startup sections in registry: ON
Block possible browser hijack attempts: ON
Block suspicious processes: ON
Lock executable file associations: ON

Then,

Under the Tweaks Settings / Ad-Watch:
Deactivate Ad-watch during Ad-aware scans: ON
Completely reanalyze processes on change: OFF
Block ActiveX installlations: ON
Block IE save operations: ON
Block popups and banned sites: ON
Automatically pop up event log if event occurs: ON
Automatically save event log on close: ON
Log Ad-aware events: ON
Don't clear session event log on resetting statistics: ON

Then,
Under Automation / Startup Settings:
Ad-watch Startup
Start Ad-watch minimized: ON
Start Ad-watch in auto-blocking mode: OFF

A simple test to see if Ad-watch is working ...

After you have made the settings I suggested, try to download something from within Internet Explorer. It will be blocked, and the Event Log will to pop-up.

To return Ad-watch to the System Tray, make sure to click on the minimize (-) button rather than the close (X) button ...

This thread may help explain Ad-Watch: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?act=ST&f=14&t=2935

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spyware-killed-internet-explorer.221067/
Relevancy 48.16%

My desktop with Windows Vista is connected to the modem with a standard ethernet cord, and when I try to plug the same cord into my laptop I don't get any internet access. My laptop is running Windows 7. I have tried powering the modem off for 15 seconds multiple times, but to no avail. I am just trying to make this connection work until I purchase a router.

A:Desktop connects fine to internet via ethernet cord to modem, laptop doesn't

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-connects-fine-to-internet-via-ethernet-cord-to-modem-laptop-doesnt.1008469/
Relevancy 48.16%

So sometime ago around about the start of November my internet speed dropped out of nowhere and has remained at the constantly lowered speed since then Usually I would have a download speed of mbps however in recent days that s more like mbps When trying a bandwidth test that would usually have been about mbps however that is more like mbps now A way I used to scope what my bandwidth was was using the Formula com website where when you watch a video on it it will tell you your bandwidth rating before hand That as I say has dropped from the mbps to the mbps mentioned This is normally an and Speed Speed Drop Bandwidth Internet Sudden okay speed to do things however whilst my father is using Netflix the internet becomes so slow that it is basically impossible to do anything Normally on my old internet speed it would have not been a problem Now I ve done all the tests that are normally mentioned to Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop do as I have been searching for an answer since the Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop internet speed tanked It is not a computer specific problem as it is exactly the same on all devices connected to the router I have rung my ISP and they have said that my line should be receiving around mbps as we run on an ADSL connection However doing a line test through the same provider says we should be getting mbps My ISP reports no problems with the line and there has been no change at my end either When the internet suddenly dropped as I say it was a sudden speed decrease it didn t happen over a period of time it literally happened in an instant I was on a BT HomeHub This hub would continuously be disconnecting due to a fault however the internet speed was always at the mbps Bandwidth However around about the th- th of November as I say the internet just dropped but we were still having troubles with the disconnections A BT HomeHub was then upgraded to which has since stopped the disconnections but the speed has remained exactly the same Any advice would be appreciated on this and I thank you for any time that you put into this issue I just hope that it s something that can be resolved I just want to know what has caused it it s one of those things that just shouldn t happen but has and it is mighty frustrating Again thanks Phil nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello how we all doing Good I however am not so good someone told me that ones psychological well being is connected to the state of ones comp Slow computer a declines dl speed/hdwrite 100% goes internet, to speed when CPU using progressively lot of irrtation Obviously this is true But I digress Have an issue with CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines high CPU that only occurs when internet network card is involved This makes my computer laggy According to asus liveupdate application I have the latest drivers for everything I even updated my BIOS through it CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines and it installed in windows somehow I did flash it via floppy or usb I have read that this software is very unreliable and buggy If someone can give a link to where ASUS posts BIOS revision history bugfixes I would appreciate it I can't find it on this link I start OS everything CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines is fine Fire up latest version of chrome my laptop has been connected on and off today and I have google update so it should be this very latest download anything I think anything at least from FTP and CPU load increases as the download speed increases It takes about - seconds for CPU to reach then the download speed decreases I think my comp can't handle that high hd write speed while CPU is If it gets up to MB s megabyte this happens Close dl finished paused CPU goes back down to normal levels of idling which I suspect is unusually high in my case Windows is not very snappy but not all too laggy either I get maxed out to MB s with ubuntu ftp CPU rises dlspeed declines just as described If I close chrome then start again CPU spikes to for half a second Even just opening my computer causes this This made me suspicious that it's simply my laptop that is weak it can't handle high hd write without cpu going bonanas However copying to HD from USBstick gets me a stable MB s with CPU not noteworthy elevated Problem persists with all program under explorer exe in processexplorer closed At one time interrupts went to - system idle was at at one point Processxplorer exe was See attached pictures At one point prcsexplorer said system idle processes is using CPU yet the diagram and systra is on How come Tested again with all eset smart security modules disabled the ones that can be disabled from right click of systray - system idle even as much as at one point Could eset still be root problem anyway I noticed for example one module needs reboot to be disabled Just now I restarted without barely any services and applications internet was not working spike to when opening my comp Also restarted with my normal applications and services cpu spikes to from opening browser and google docs On old stationary also cpu when connect to internet might this just be a switch issue Have a cheap no-name no brand-name simple one On the other hand I tested without switch only my comp connect straight to jacket in wall - problem remained Also same problem occured when I tested my laptop on the librarie s wireless some month ago On fresh install of ubuntu bit with a handful of software installed and no other modifications I get a stable cpu load of - with mb s- mb s from ftp via browser So no decline in dl hd write speed in contrast to W No unnormal elevation of RAM it rests at GB just as before dl started Once dl finished cpu goes to - If I recall correctly issue was there from the very beginning of getting it and the problem persisted after reinstalling windows bit ultimate and only installing a small number of software Note that a couple of months ago the only way to make CPU come down from was to reboot Or manually disconnecting then reconnecting network cable Or disable then enable network card ethernet adapter in device manager Also this impacted OS much more than now windows in general was very very laggy and ope... Read more

A:CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines

Try to update driver for JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, if already updated then try to roll back the driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-goes-to-100-when-using-internet-dl-speed-hdwrite-speed-progressively-declines-628783.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Dear Tech Support Forum Internet Friend Adaware.. with Help! Killed Connection My friend has been so inundated with spyware he ran an adaware scan and removed all the results Since this time he has lost his browser connection or rather his connection is reporting to Help! Friend Killed Internet Connection with Adaware.. be running as normal yet it isn't In no way can he access the web I went over and tried restoring the quarantined results but this didn't work Could adaware have removed the Winsock dll or Hosts file if it had been infected Or Could something else have been removed and if so why didn't restoring the quarantined files fix Help! Friend Killed Internet Connection with Adaware.. the problem Can I diagnose what has been deleted corrupted using Windows xp commands or other ways He is running Windows XP service pack Connected via router Since I am a little more competent with the PC I am going to try to fix the prob but cannot connect to the web there in order to enlist your help that way so would most appreciate some input on this subject Anyone who has encountered this problem or could help pls post Thanks for reading

A:Help! Friend Killed Internet Connection with Adaware..

good morning
try this:
Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You will need your Windows cd.

then read this:
http://www.techsupportforum.com//sec...ijackthis.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-friend-killed-internet-connection-with-adaware-79652.html
Relevancy 48.16%

It all began on Saturday when I was helping my dad with transcribing lyrics from his songs onto AbiWord At the same time I was looking at some NCAA scores on the internet when I started getting pop-ups from XP Internet Security This malware completely blocked up his Internet and started to show up Killed Security now to 2010, Internet AbiWord. can't on but get every so Killed Internet Security 2010, but now can't get on to AbiWord. often with these annoying pop-ups I was getting annoyed and losing hope Then I somehow ended up getting on Bing after looking on help Killed Internet Security 2010, but now can't get on to AbiWord. with Microsoft Yahoo and MSN no but Bing was OK where I found your website Apparently after learning about this problem and a possible solution on my mother s computer I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program and FixExe reg on a flash drive and followed the steps I had gotten the Anti-Malware program doing a full scan when I had to leave I had to work within an hour On Sunday I came back to learn that most of the programs he relied on was not working First I tried going into the Control Panel under Administrative Tools and from there Computer Management I tried to start everything but could not get the Uninterruptible Power Supply Error Window Driver Foundation Error Human Interface Device Access Error and the Application Management Service Error to start But it gets worse I tried logging on to AbiWord only to get this message Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item Considering that there is only one person logged in to the computer at all times this is a problem I get the same message when trying to access any program except Outlook Express on the Start Tray and Internet Explorer on the Screen I mention these problems because I m guessing that they are related On the plus side the pop-ups have stopped and the Internet is working I would appreciate your help Thank you

A:Killed Internet Security 2010, but now can't get on to AbiWord.

Hello, since this sounds still like malware is involved, I am moving this topic to the Am I Infected topic.

Can you please launch Malwarebytes antimalware, update it first and run a quick scan? Please post me the results.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/301115/killed-internet-security-2010-but-now-cant-get-on-to-abiword/
Relevancy 48.16%

Wheter or not this is the right section to post this in I desperatly need some help Yesterday I was playing an online killed Windows my connection. suddenly 7 internet game minecraft but that doesn't really matter does it Sudenly my internet connection dropped away it doesn't even show the name of my router anymore The name of the router is Dupon What my first Windows 7 suddenly killed my internet connection. thought was restart the computer I did that and it I got a router incoming Dupon wich doesn't exist I restarted again and it became Dupon I unplugged the router and tried to solve the problems oon the Dupon network but it didn't work the same thing no internet acces still pops up The only thing I can do now is plug in an internet that works but it's not too handy I know it is the laptop because I have another one running XP and it has no trouble getting on the internet at all I would really really apreciate some help Thanks -Nick

A:Windows 7 suddenly killed my internet connection.

Hi Nick, Welcome to Seven Forums.
Try deleting your wireless networks.

Reboot then try to connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183980-windows-7-suddenly-killed-my-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an old tower with XP SP my family has three laptops--one with XP SP one with Vista and a Windows laptop--and an [SOLVED] Internet 7 Killed My Connectivity! Windows ipad The local cable company rents us a modem and we network through our quot old faithful quot Belkin Wireless G Router It's going on years Our previous router was a solid machine as well but we quot upgraded quot to the Belkin in I'm a desktop tower guy unlike the rest of my family obviously who are all into laptops and macintosh silliness We also have two Netflix-receiving DVD BluRay players which connect without problems through our Belkin and an i-Touch which I believe is [SOLVED] Windows 7 Killed My Internet Connectivity! my son's way of chatting with his girlfriend during dinner Of course through the [SOLVED] Windows 7 Killed My Internet Connectivity! Belkin and again without problems The point is this we have all shared the same network for years and have never had any problems with it THEN we got a new tower with Windows W is new to me Oh sure my son's laptop has Windows but I'm completely unfamiliar with it I'm not exactly a computer genius but I'm also not exactly a complete dummy on setting these things up After all I've been fairly successful for over a decade with our various family computers video games I forgot to mention the PS and network needs [SOLVED] Windows 7 Killed My Internet Connectivity! But this Windows thing has me completely baffled I tried to plug the new tower into the old tower's spot Simple swap out I e make it the hardwired point for the modem router exchange and keep everything else as it's been--nice and smooth--for years Easy enough yeah No That's not happening I'm not sure how but Windows killed our internet connection The W tower's control panel's network interface keeps telling me we have three no four no two networks Or none And quot merging quot or quot deleting quot some of these only works for awhile they're all like zombies and keep coming back to life The worst part--with the Windows machine in the old tower's spot our Belkin is COMPLETELY unresponsive Our solution Shut down the W computer manually reset the Belkin its IP address won't open with the W computer either--tried w various browsers bring back the old trusty XP SP tower and set things back up like they were two days ago You know before I made the mistake of buying a W machine And yes the internet it back up and running fine The Belkin is again happily chugging along still allowing us internet access from all laptops macintosh gadgets and Netlfix-receiving gear Can anyone tell me how to turn that Windows machine back on without it again killing my internet Please My new tower's specs are here all standard choices plus memory and hard drive upgrades Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 Killed My Internet Connectivity!

P.S. I also checked w/the microsoft Windows 7 compatibility page, and our Belkin is supposed to be good to go with W7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-windows-7-killed-my-internet-connectivity-629433.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I had my wife update her Toshiba notebook to the latest driver and now I can t connect to the internet I can connect to my network and it shows connectivity but I can t get to the internet I m posting this on my notebook so I know the internet my modem and router are fine I ve even rolled back to the old driver and it won t Update killed driver to Atheros internet connect that way either I ve even tried to restore from the point of when it was installed and it won t work I am seriously at a loss The notebook has the Atheros AR EG and the supposedly NEW driver is and the old driver is Update to Atheros driver killed internet something close to something And she s running Vista Home Pre And not happy Why is it reading the network but not connecting me to the interent even after I ve tried to repair etc Please help for my life Update I have restored the system to before the driver update and it s still not working I have temporarily given her a backup linksys wireless card and it s working I m going to bed and hope that some of you can help I ll post the IPConfig file tomorrow when I can Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

A Bleeping Computers associated did a masterful job in helping me clean up an especially nasty rootkit Antivirus Pro infection but now my internet access using either FFox or Malware, now Killed ever but slower than access Internet IE is horribly slow I have gone through a whole host of possible solutions including but not limited to the advice in these posts --Help My computer is slow --Slow Computer Checklist The system seems free Killed Malware, but Internet access now slower than ever of malware judging from Ad-Aware Malwarebytes and Spyware Blaster scans PC Pitstop IDs a few issues but not seem obviously egregious My hard drive doesn't need defragging I'm running AVG Free antivirusIt's a pretty old and not especially fast or powerful system -- Pentium GHz MB memory -- but until now it has served as a Killed Malware, but Internet access now slower than ever perfectly decent web surfer What I'd really like to do is start fresh and reinstall XP however I bought this computer used and stupidly didn't get disks for XP Pro or the Office XP suite that is installed Is there a way that I can salvage this box Or is it time to move on

A:Killed Malware, but Internet access now slower than ever

Log on as an administrator, go Start > Run and type: "cmd". In the window that appears type: "netsh winsock reset". When the program is finished, you will receive the message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset." Close the command box and reboot your computer.Go Start > Run > type: "cmd" In the window that appears type: "ipconfig /flushdns". Close the command box.Go Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Select the radio button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically". Reboot. Warning: Some Internet Service Providers need specific DNS settings. You need to make sure that you know if such DNS settings are required before you make this change.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260486/killed-malware-but-internet-access-now-slower-than-ever/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys I caught a Trojan and I it but killed connection Removed my trojan/spyware Internet think I removed it I used SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in safe mode About minutes after removing I found out I could access websites or digsby chat application With a little more playing around I found I could access Skype and my university webmail I could also visit sites if I use FireFox s FoxyProxy So I m thinking this trojan messed with my ports Could someone help me restore Internet please I m on a wireless connection Removed trojan/spyware but it killed my Internet connection at home and at school And this problem occurs everywhere I go Thanks for taking the time to read this Here s my hijackthis log Logfile Removed trojan/spyware but it killed my Internet connection of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Vuze Azureus Removed trojan/spyware but it killed my Internet connection exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Nokia Nokia Ovi Suite NokiaOviSuite exe C Program Files x Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe C Program Files x Content Manager CmTray exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files x PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclMSBTSrvEx exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x Common Files Nokia NoA nokiaaserver exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users HEN Downloads HijackThis exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NokiaMServer C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer watchfiles startu... Read more

A:Removed trojan/spyware but it killed my Internet connection

Hello soaringxh3n,

I'm kevinf80 and I will be helping with any malware issues you may have with your system.

Please be aware that some of the logs I may ask for can be very complex and can take a long time to decipher. I am a volunteer here with a job and family so I ask that you be patient when waiting for replies.
Please DO NOT run any scans/tools/fixes on your own as this will conflict with the tools we are going to use.
Either print or Save to Notepad all instructions and please follow them carefully, if there's something you don't understand or that will not work please let me know and we will go through it together.
Malware is often buggy and can be very unstable, with that in mind it is advisable to backup any important data before we begin.
If you do not reply within 72 hours the thread will be closed, if you need more time let me know. Likewise if I do not respond within 48 hours feel free to PM me.
If you have any P2P applications installed such as BitTorrent, uTorrent, Limewire etc etc, please uninstall them before we begin.
If you are using Cracked or Illegal software your thread will be locked and all help will cease.

Please proceed as follows :-

Step 1

I need you to shut off Spybot Teatimer, it will interfere with any tools we try to run:

1) Open Spybot-S&D
2) Go to the Mode menu, and make sure "Advanced Mode" is selected
3) On the left hand side, choose Tools -> Resident
4) Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer" and OK any prompts
5) Restart your computer.

Step 2

Please re-open HiJackThis and scan only.**Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:50370
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: Vuze Remote Toolbar - {ba14329e-9550-4989-b3f2-9732e92d17cc} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Vuze_Remote\tbVuze.dll
O2 - BHO: Vuze Remote Toolbar - {ba14329e-9550-4989-b3f2-9732e92d17cc} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Vuze_Remote\tbVuze.dll
O2 - BHO: Ask Toolbar BHO - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Vuze Remote Toolbar - {ba14329e-9550-4989-b3f2-9732e92d17cc} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Vuze_Remote\tbVuze.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Azureus] C:\Program Files (x86)\Vuze\Azureus.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uTorrent] "C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe"

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked.**Close HiJackThis.**Reboot

Step 3

Uninstall the following if present from Uninstall a Program via Start > Control Panel.

Vuze
Vuze_Remote
uTorrent
Ask.com

Reboot

Step 4

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
Alernative D/L mirror
Alternative D/L mirror

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. If already installed just update then as follows:

Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
Please save the log to a location you will remember.
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removed-trojan-spyware-but-it-killed-my-internet-connection.957230/
Relevancy 47.3%

Lately I've been experiencing problems with persistent programs on one PC after a while they fail to download display content from the internet and hang up The EXEs remain in memory and can't be killed and Windows Logoff Shutdown often fail The affected apps are Maxthon exe Maxthon and Azureus exe Azureus Vuze though I don't suspect them of having internal errors That exact version of Maxthon synched across multiple computers runs on other machines with no problem and the Azureus install was restored from another machine although it has autoupdated a few times since I've been Googling around and searching the forums but I have yet to find any definitive cause If anyone has brilliant ideas or things I can investigate please share The machine in question runs WinXP Home SP GHz processor with GB of RAM Antivirus is PC Tools' Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus v Here are my troubleshooting notes SYMPTOMSSometimes Maxthon and Azureus have problems accessing the internet Can't Processes Killed, Failure From To Download Internet Be Hung when both are run simulataneously and not because of bandwidth congestion I'll be able to ping web sites from the command line but I can't pull up sites Hung Processes Can't Be Killed, Failure To Download From Internet in Maxthon the browser just spins rarely even giving a message Azureus will eventually stop downloading as well even if Maxthon isn't running This usually takes a couple of hours but sometimes it's Hung Processes Can't Be Killed, Failure To Download From Internet quicker Once active downloads have stopped Azureus exe typically remains in memory resisting all attempts to kill it with Task Manager SysInternals Process Explorer or APT Advanced Process Termination On some occasions I've been able to launch a second Azureus exe process which is able to download and upload as though the first process didn't exist At other times I get an error message when the second Azureus launches warning me that an application is already listening on the Azureus port I should've verified that it was the correct port but I didn't think to check Like Azureus once Maxthon has started failing to load web pages it will close but not disappear from running processes Again I can sometimes launch a second Maxthon process which runs side-by-side with the hung process without problems and sometimes I do this unknowingly having closed the first one for not responding and launced a second instance The longer these processes run the more likely that a Windows Logoff or Shutdown will fail I often have to force shutdown by powering down the machine CAUSES possible amp TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TAKENSpyware Doctor hadn't detected any problems but a TrendMicro Housecall scan on - - turned up Java ByteVer A Java ByteVer C Java ByteVer S and Java ByteVer AQ as well as TROJ GENERIC all of which reported as successfully cleaned in Safe Mode with Networking I disabled System Restore after cleaning and before reboot still in Safe Mode A subsequent scan with Spyware Doctor in Normal Mode then detected and cleaned Adware PodcastbarMini Housecall recommended this link with Microsoft Java Virtual Machine JVM patch details http www microsoft com technet security n MS - mspxChecking for a JVM via command prompt Jview turned up nothing installed Just to be safe I uninstalled Java using Add Remove Programs and although I have yet to reinstall it the JRE Azureus is working fine in testing Confirmed the absence of JRE at Sun's Java test web site Azureus locked up twice during testing on - - but once was after leaving it running overnight and the entire PC seemed be locked up the other time was in the evening when I couldn't kill the task although Maxthon ran successfully for a while afterward and Windows had no problems shutting down I've also run HijackThis but found nothing especially suspicious other than a few unusued but perfectly legit Roxio entries the PrismXL deployment service remnant known to exist on eMachines Gateways and V... Read more

A:Hung Processes Can't Be Killed, Failure To Download From Internet

I'm going to move this to our internet and web browser forum to get some more eyes looking at it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143565/hung-processes-cant-be-killed-failure-to-download-from-internet/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I recently got Spybot to remove a load of malware log below and ever killed connection Spyware internet Solved: removal has since have been unable to connect to the internet The connection to the router appears to be ok but I can t get beyond that firefox says it can t find the server at whatever page I try and load After searching the forums I tried running lspfix and sockfix but this hasn t solved the problem I had previously run lspfix to remove tj viewer dll which successfully solved an earlier problem The computer is running Windows professional I really don t know where to go from here any advice would be much appreciated Thanks Sam --- Report generated - - --- Holistyc Root class Registry key Solved: Spyware removal has killed internet connection fixed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Classes HOL VXIEWER FULL Holistyc Class ID Registry key fixing failed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Solved: Spyware removal has killed internet connection Software Classes CLSID CB BD A- A - ba -B A- DC BDF Holistyc Class ID Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES Solved: Spyware removal has killed internet connection ROOT CLSID CB BD A- A - ba -B A- DC BDF Holistyc Module usage Registry key fixed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion ModuleUsage C WINNT system vciewer ocx Holistyc Shared DLL apps Registry value fixed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion SharedDlls C WINNT system vciewer ocx Holistyc Configuration file File fixed C WINNT Downloaded Program Files vciewer inf Holistyc Class ID Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID B F - B - -A FA- E D F Holistyc Root class Registry key fixed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Classes HOL PRELOAD FULL Holistyc Class ID Registry key fixed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Classes CLSID B F - B - -A FA- E D F HotsearchBar Installer File fixed C WINNT inf ceres inf ISearchTech PowerScan Settings Registry value fixed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main BandRest ISearchTech SideFind Settings Registry value fixed HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Extensions CmdMapping E -DEB - -A -B F EC B ABetterInternet Data File fixed C WINNT inf farmmext inf CallingHome biz User settings Registry value fixed HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main bg exe DyFuCA Settings Registry value fixed HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main BandRest ISearchTech YSB Module usage Registry key fixed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion ModuleUsage C WINNT Downloaded Program Files YSBactivex dll ISearchTech YSB Shared DLL apps Registry value fixed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion SharedDlls C WINNT Downloaded Program Files YSBactivex dll Hotbar Interface Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT Interface C- - AB - A -E C C A E MyWay MyWebSearch Type library Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT TypeLib E F - - - - BE C B D MyWay MyWebSearch Type library Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT TypeLib ADB E - C - -A F - B BE A DC MyWay MyWebSearch Type library Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT TypeLib E CAEE -DEEA- A- - F A D MyWay MyWebSearch Settings Registry key fixed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software MyWebSearch FunWebProducts Class ID Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID A F-EEE - - EA - E CDD Alexa Related Link Replace file fixed C WINNT Web RELATED HTM FunWeb Interface Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT Interface D ED B-B B- - B B- C BBBD C FunWeb Interface Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT Interface D ED D-B B- - B B- C BBBD C FunWeb Settings Registry key fixed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software FunWebProducts MyWebSearch Class ID Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID A EBE- A - e- - D AD MyWebSearch Interface Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT Interface B EAA-A - -B BB- DE CCA MyWebSearch Interface Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT Interface B EAC-A - -B BB- DE CCA MyWebSearch Interface Registry key fixed HKEY CLASSES ROOT Interface E ED-... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey folks I could really use some connectivity internet horse TR/dldr trojan has killed my help I recently purchased trojan horse TR/dldr has killed my internet connectivity a used computer that obviously came pre-virused I had not been able to access the internet on it and the out-of-date and unregistered copy of AntiVir was not detecting any viruses but I checked the AntiVir log and it turned out that the computer had been infected by a number of malware viruses etc in the past including a Trojan I m assumed that the previous owner did not get rid of it entirely and thus sold the computer so I preceded to download on a different computer Adaware Spybot Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware SuperAntiSpyware and Dr WebCureit install them on my infected computer and run them all Suffice it to say I found loads of infected files Dr WebCureIt could never finish the scan always ran into an error So now that I ve run all these programs and deleted moved quarantined all these files my internet still won t work And the problem I m having is that I can t register or update any of these security programs because my internet connection doesn t work and I can t fix the problems because I need to register these programs If anybody can help that would be great Tell me what specific information you need and I will post it Thanks a ton Kendall nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-horse-tr-dldr-has-killed-my-internet-connectivity.792879/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

A:difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Recently I have been getting a lot of popups in internet explorer which is not my default browser These come when I am not surfing the internet at random times Also for a while my desktop background kept changing to this red toxic-symbol and a message telling me that well. as on enclosed killed Winxp desktop me, internet background changing DSS log I might be infected The whole thing was a clickable link which sent me to another stupid popup with an quot ok quot and a quot cancel quot Winxp desktop background changing on me, internet killed as well. DSS log enclosed where clicking cancel did not cancel anything - you know the kind I'm talking about So I found the files it was referencing and deleted them all I started getting error messages every time it wanted to change itself again telling me it couldn't find some index htm file or whatever So to remedy that I went to display properties - gt desktop - gt customize my desktop - gt web and deleted everything from that list except quot my current home page quot and that problem seems to be gone for now - EXCEPT I can no longer change my desktop configuration to EXACTLY the way it was before I can pick any OTHER image and I can successfully stretch tile and center it I can also stretch or tile the image I had before BUT I cannot center it which is the configuration I had before If I try to the whole desktop Winxp desktop background changing on me, internet killed as well. DSS log enclosed changes to black Also my internet seems to have died completely through this process I have a linksys wireless-G receiver and nothing I do will bring that back I am this post from a different computer transferring install-files and logs via USB drives Since this started I have run Unible Registry cleaner CCleaner McAfee Virus Scan Avast scans and AdAware I have a hijackt log and I have the DSS log marked quot extra quot if that would provide anything useful So my DSS log is attached any help would be awesome Deckard's System Scanner v Run by HP Administrator on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Installed Ad-Aware - - UTC - RP - Removed Sony ACID XPress a - - UTC - RP - Unsigned driver install - - UTC - RP - Installed Sony ACID Music Studio -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C Program Files Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS ehome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe C Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McProxy McProxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MpfSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK msksrver exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G ... Read more

A:Winxp desktop background changing on me, internet killed as well. DSS log enclosed

Hello and welcome to TSF

Apologises for the delay getting to your log. The helpers here are all volunteers and we have been very busy lately. If you are still having malware problems, follow instructions below.

=========

Please run Deckard's System Scanner once again, this time using these instructions:

Click the Windows 'Start' button > Select 'Run' - then copy/paste this into the run box & click OK

"%userprofile%\desktop\dss.exe" /config

Click on Extra Log and tick all boxes below that.

Click Scan!

When finished, it shall produce two logs for you. Post those logs in your next reply.

===========
Logs Required
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\main.txt
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt<---Attached

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/winxp-desktop-background-changing-on-me-internet-killed-as-well-dss-log-enclosed-220281.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Howdy All Let me get in line here -- not able and to Found to the killed "backdoor.tdss.2459" connect Internet I attempted to Found and killed "backdoor.tdss.2459" -- not able to connect to the Internet clean a quot not able to start quot computer for a friend Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware would not run quot install quot in safe mode w networking I Installed the drive as a secondary on my desktop and ran both of those programs As they scanned Avira would quot capture quot the quot badware quot and quarantine them As such the logs for the other two show quot no infections found quot The quarantined items are TR rootkit gen TR Fraudpack bgna TR PSW ldpinch aduf TR Drop TDss fkp all Trojans Reinstalling the drive in its case allowed windows to start A warning the firewall was not turned on led to the error quot Windows cannot start the Windows firewall internet connect service quot Attempts to turn it on in quot services quot produced the error quot Error The system cannot find the file specified quot And so could not connect to the internet Forgot to say at this point I ran quot DR Cure it quot which found and cured the backdoor tdss Trojan I also ran quot tdss Killer quot which did not find an infection At this point I figure I need help So after backing up using Corbian I followed the steps to prepare before requesting help Albeit a bit late as I had run the two malware removal tools Can someone offer assistance at this point The logs follow DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Admin at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning disabled Outdated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exec Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exeC WINDOWS System igfxpers exeC Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exesvchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Admin Desktop CleanUp dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www satx rr com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuDefault Page URL hxxp www dell me com mywayuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - No FileBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO MSN Toolbar BHO d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB MSN Toolbar dcb -df ... Read more

A:Found and killed "backdoor.tdss.2459" -- not able to connect to the Internet

Please post a fresh dds.txt log if help still needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349021/found-and-killed-backdoortdss2459-not-able-to-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 46.87%

I just upgraded to Windows 8.1 and, with that, it automatically upgraded IE10 to IE11. I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0 installed on my PC and I greatly make use of the Adobe PDF creator toolbar, to convert web pages into .pdf files. When I booted up IE11 for the first time, though, I received the following error message: "Several add-ons aren?t compatible with Internet Explorer?s enhanced security features and have been disabled." If I go to manage add-ons, the Adobe PDF creator suite are listed there as "incompatible" and they cannot be enabled. I tried rolling back to IE10 but IE10 is incompatible with Windows 8.1. What can I do? I tried going to Print > Adobe PDF in IE instead, but that doesn't seem to work. I really don't want to download a different Internet browser.

A:Windows 8.1 killed my Internet Explorer add-ons: Adobe PDF creator incompatible

Until Adobe releases an update will have to it the old fashioned way: CutePDF - Convert to PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/246323-windows-8-1-killed-my-internet-explorer-add-ons-adobe-pdf-creator-incompatible.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Please I beg your help I was trying HELP! CLIENT VPN Windows SOFT killed on internet my SHREW Vista. to connect to a network so I downloaded the VPN CLIENT SHREW SOFT indicated by the website of my University Then I installed it and started to have trouble with drivers and hardware till it wouldn't boot correctly it went blue screening I logged in Safe Mode uninstalled it all and disabled the Miniport Filters from Shrew Soft on System Devices I also removed manually the vfilter sys It stopped having trouble to turn on the computer but I cannot by anyway connect my wireless internet and this is the only way I use it This is a problem with drivers when I try to connect the web it identifies these issues problem with quot Broadcom AG a VPN CLIENT SHREW SOFT killed my internet on Windows Vista. HELP! b VPN CLIENT SHREW SOFT killed my internet on Windows Vista. HELP! g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter quot or Internet Protocol Bindings telling me to make sureInternet Protocol Version TCP IPv and TCP IPv are correctly enabled but they are I also tried to VPN CLIENT SHREW SOFT killed my internet on Windows Vista. HELP! follow these steps http lists shrew net pipermail vpn-help May htmlbut they only say to me what I've already done I cannot connect the internet because of this VPN CLIENT SHREW SOFT and it's really giving me headaches so I would really appreciate any kind of help Thanks and sorry for the english Fabio - Brazil

A:VPN CLIENT SHREW SOFT killed my internet on Windows Vista. HELP!

Have you contacted anyone in your school's IT department?

If this software created problems for you...chances are it's happened for other students. Resolution may already be on your campus.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327841/vpn-client-shrew-soft-killed-my-internet-on-windows-vista-help/
Relevancy 46.87%

on internet i got a warning to ask me to internet Changed killed connection Virus Solved: background, unblock block some file and i chose to block of course then my computer said my firewall was off like it turned it off then i can connect to the internet and i get something wanting me to install some anti spyware crap so i control alt delete and ended that process now i can t get on the internet and my background was changed to a white screen with a window that says the following Windows Warning Message Warning Spyware detected on your computer Install an antiviirus remover to clean your computer Warning Win Adware Solved: Virus Changed background, killed internet connection Vitumonde Detected on your computer Warning Win PrivacyRemover M Detected on your computer I have disconnected that computer from the internet while i hopefully correct this issue I am running AVG virus scan right now Also running Supera AntiSpyware that i got the last time i had my PC checked via this site I am unable to connect to the internet on that pc at them moment so need to know how to get hijack this on that pc Please advise BTW my wife needs this computer for her school classes she started Yesterday nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have successfully removed the virus but it stopped my internet connection. So now I don't have internet. Can anyone help?

A:XP Anti-Spyware 2011 Virus has killed my internet connection.

Let's see if you can get it back with this batch file:

Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.

@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop. Right click to run as Administrator.

If that doesn't work, make sure your not using a proxy server.

Disable the proxy settings in Internet Explorer:
1) Under ?Tools? in the browser tool bar select ?Internet Options?.
2) In the ?Internet Options? window that pops up, click the ?Connections? tab at the top.
3) Click ?LAN Settings? near the bottom of the ?Connections? section.
4) If the ?Proxy server? checkbox is marked with a check, click it to deselect/uncheck it.
5) Click ?Ok? to close the ?Local Area Network (LAN) Settings? window.
6) Click ?Ok? to close the ?Internet Options? window.
Reboot
Make sure "Proxy server" is still disabled under your LAN Settings.
Test whether internet connectivity is restored.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/159200-xp-anti-spyware-2011-virus-has-killed-my-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Yello I have and my processor RAM my killed killed Pop-ups my raped been having pop-ups on my computer for a little over two weeks now I ve Pop-ups killed my killed my processor and raped my RAM tried to block ports on my firewall Comodo scan with my antivirus Avira and block sites in IE The pop-ups open in IE which helps me a bit as I use Firefox so I just blocked IE on the firewall but it will still open up a blank IE window very often One of the sites that comes up starts with adtrt com and is about lines long I ran HijackThis and fixed two empty file entries and three unauthorized trusted sites that all had the words quot mirar quot and quot search quot in it On my Active Connections page of the firewall it shows a bunch of ports that send info from Firefox whenever I change pages and three suspect applications are listening on tcp at all times two svchosts one at and the other at and one named system thats listening on After fixing the previously mentioned sections on HijackThis I restarted my pc and scanned with Avira and its still here Below I ve included my current HT log and I ve already got Combofix which is ready to go I ve disabled some services maybe system restore ones I can t remember Any explanation of my symptoms and hopefully some solutions would be greatly appreciated I m about to go angry german kid on this thing Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download Install windows-kb -v -delta exe c b f b e ea f ef c d d mrtstub exe C WINDOWS system MRT exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe q... Read more

A:Pop-ups killed my killed my processor and raped my RAM

Anybody?

Just about an hour ago, I think the virus is stepped up its game. When I tried to shutdown, I got a firewall message saying that a file in system32 called '~.exe' was trying to create a new file or directory. It couldn't identify the application it was associated with as being MS or safe, so I blocked it, based on that and that the file name it tried to create was a bunch of random letters. As it continued to retry but with a new created file name, I went and added it to my blocked applications list. Once I did that, no more alerts. On the other hand, now when I try and run an application, it says that It can't be accessed, and perphaps because I don't have appropriate permissions. When I tried to open Run, it tells me that it can't create a shortcut there, and would I like one on the desktop. I said no, which left me with nothing, and once I re did it and said yes it made one with a name and target of '&Run' (is that a normal path for Run?).
Further, most icons or pictures that aren't already open (i.e. the desktop and start menu programs icons) won't display if I view them in a Windows type view.
Please help! I'm fearing for the worst!
Edit: I forgot to mention, I can open control panel, haven't tried to run anything tho because i think my firewall may be blocking exe's, I can't tell tho because I can't open the information box to read up and Idon't see why it would be (unless the virus changed it?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-ups-killed-my-killed-my-processor-and-raped-my-ram.799840/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi All It's been a long time since I posted but am back Adaware - free version - recently offered me an upgrade I did so but wasn't impressed with the new version and used the System Restore function to back it out thinking that would take me back to previous Adaware build without totally uninstalling it However I now Adaware to has upgrade backout killed System internet connection Restore my cannot get onto System Restore to backout Adaware upgrade has killed my internet connection the internet using Firefox IE or Google Chrome Also my internet icon at the bottom shows the two console screens but without the globe sign that indicates an active internet connect I've tried reversing the system restore and it tells me it failed due to timing out And I've tried restoring to an earlier restore point but again it fails due to time out I also trying uninstalling Adaware but the installer gives me a message saying it's closing and doesnt uninstall it I tried switching the firewall off but that didnt help Any suggestions to what I should try next Thanks Alan

A:System Restore to backout Adaware upgrade has killed my internet connection

Some background info and another question.

Background is that I am running Windows Vista on a relatively high spec HP laptop.

It runs pretty well but I've been concerned with the time taken to boot up and shutdown. Often up to several minutes. And I wondered if the addition and removal of different software and drivers had left my registry in a bad way.

I'm going to buy an external hard drive and back up all the current files.

Two questions:

Is restoring the system to factory settings an option? (and then adding back the software I need)

And, given I'm doing work on the laptop anyway is this a good time to upgrade to Windows 7 and ditch the dreaded Vista?

Thanks,
Alan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-restore-to-backout-adaware-upgrade-has-killed-my-internet-connection-424960.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Sometimes normal cat5 Ethernet cable longer than 30m doesn't work for Power over Ethernet(PoE) so I usually use outdoor cat5e cable but now there is cat6 cable which becomes cheaper than before.
CAT 5E FTP OUTDOOR 305 m Reel ,5m Copper Thicknes​$79.00
CAT5E SFT OUTDOOR 305 m Reel ,5m Copper Thickness $85.00
CAT6 Outdoor OUTDOOR 305 m Reel ,5m Copper Thickness $89.00
What is best for PoE? (devices Ethernet is 100mbps but I thought cat6 might has less resistance

A:cat5e Vs cat6 for PoE

Well, I suspect that the 40kg is a mistake, CAT6 cable may have a slightly larger conductor, but not to that extent. Normal CAT5/5e uses 24ga conductors, some CAT6, including your example, use 23ga. That is rated to carry more current, here's a cut from a wire gauge table. Looks like it has 20% less resistance per foot than 24ga.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat5e-vs-cat6-for-poe.951399/
Relevancy 45.58%

I currently have 2 desktop pcs wired to my 4 port 20 Mbps router. I need to add another desktop pc and need 100 ft network cable to reach it from my router (don't want to go wireless).

I have found a 100 ft Cat 6 cable for a very reasonable price - cheaper than I can buy a Cat 5 cable. I don't have any gigabit devices that would require or make use of a Cat 6 cable but was wonder if it will work with my simple network topology or must I use a Cat 5 cable type?

A:Cat5 or Cat6 - what to use?

In your situation, buying the Cat 6 cable will make no difference over using the Cat 5. If you've found the Cat 6 cable for a cheap price, go with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat5-or-cat6-what-to-use.1152035/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am wondering if there is anyway to use cat6 cable as cat5 by modifying the cable. I have extra RJ45 connectors and a crimper

Relevancy 45.58%

I've been reading about cat 6 cable and am wondering if it is required for a 1000mbit connection.

A:cat6 cable?

If you have CAT 5e patch cord already wired in your dwelling already then you're okay! CAT 6 is better for interference filtering and VIDEO Streaming has a higher FREQ 500MHz compared to even Ultra CAT 5e 350MHz. So in other words 5e will handle the 1000mbps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cat6-cable.80334/
Relevancy 45.58%

I spend a fair amount of time on the internet whether I am browsing through videos or gaming online either through my PC or PS3.

Right now I use a Cat5e cable for both but I was wondering if upgrading to a Cat6 (or 7) cable would significantly increase my browsing/gaming speeds and/or connections.

My laptop has an RJ-45 connector with Fast Ethernet 10Base T and 100Base TX if those mean anything to the techies out there.

Thanks!

A:Solved: Cat 5e vs. Cat6

It won't make any difference at all. CAT5e is rated for gigabit Ethernet, and you aren't taxing it at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cat-5e-vs-cat6.853554/
Relevancy 45.58%

Do I need a CAT 6 cable?
I have ADSL 2000.
Are there any benefits if i replace my cat 5 with cat 6?

A:Do I need a Cat6 cable?

Hello Panais,

For a 2MB connection you probably not see any gain from switching to CAT 6 instead of CAT 5. CAT 6 is higher quality cable that allows for more bandwidth and less noise interference. The two links below can help explain the differences more if needed.

Category 5 cable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and

Category 6 cable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/206154-do-i-need-cat6-cable.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok, let me set this up. I have three buildings connected wirelessly. Everything was fine until two large trucks started parking between two of the buildings. Effectively shutting down one buildings wireless bridge. I ended up running a hardwire Cat6 from one building to the other, a length of about 330 feet of cable. Everything was working fine, until a serious lightening storm rolled though and took out the Cat 6 run. Or so I thought. When plugged into the switches on both ends, there's no connection, although when tested for continuity, all the pairs check out perfectly. Any ideas on this one??? For the time being I put the building back on the wireless, it just goes down every afternoon when the trucks roll in.

Relevancy 45.15%

Greetings:

First of all, thank you very much in advance for reading this posting and answering my question. It will definitely help me out a lot. Anyway, I am planning to wire my house with Ethernet cables since all my walls are opened at the moment. However, when I went to the store for jacks, they only had the Cat 6 jacks. I have Cat 5E cables, so I was wondering if it was okay to mix the two?

I've checked some websites and they indicated that both are part of 568A standard, but I wasn't entirely sure if I can have a Cat 6 wall jack with Cat 5E cables running behind it.

Thanks again for your help and take care!

Relevancy 45.15%

I upgraded my patch cables from cat5e to cat6.Dell Pc freezes.Go back to cat5e and it works fine.

??

A:cat6 cables freezes xp pc

Ive got to think wiring error when you put ends on cables or bad ends? Maybe incompatablity of ends with that wire? Wire is wire, and patch cables should work if the copper is good and ends work right..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cat6-cables-freezes-xp-pc-330025.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I just purchased a new router that supports 1 Gigabit Ethernet connection. I have two systems (a PC and Xbox One) that use the router with a direct connection (Cat 5 cable) right now. Both the PC and Xbox One are primarily used for online gaming. I know that the 1 Gigabit connection would help with speed on file transfers in my own network. However, I was wondering if the data from the PC and Xbox One would be able to get to the router faster and possibly speed up gaming or load times. If I do buy a CAT 6 cable, do I also need to buy one from my cable modem to my router to keep things super fast?

Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Relevancy 45.15%

my house is being renovated so i'm looking to replace the cat5 cables with cat6; the local store only has cat6 wires (with ends already made) of 100 feet max and i need about 150feet cables;i looked on shopping.com and among the cat6 wires listed, some are dirt cheap and some are way expensive; what should i be looking for among cat6 cables and do brands matter? if someone knows of a good place online to get quality and reasonable price cat6 cables, please post back

thanks for your help

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I recently bought 1000ft of shielded cat6 because the wiring will need to be ran close to high interference areas. I'm still in the process of ordering keystones and connectors for the cabling, and I am wondering if I need to buy the shielded version of both. From what I understand, I need to terminate one end of the cables, and in my case I could ground the wires at the switch, so I'd need to buy the shielded connectors, but I might not needed shielded keystones. Here are the products I'm looking at possibly purchasing:

Shielded Keystone:
http://www.lanshack.com/QuickTreX-C...-SHIELDED-Cat-6E-Keystone-Jack-P3170C324.aspx
Shielded Connectors:
http://www.lanshack.com/QuickTreX-C...ar-Plugs-w-Loadbar---Bag-of-50-P2923C324.aspx

Since I'm grounding at the switch, can I buy these keystones and save some money?
http://www.lanshack.com/QuickTreX-Cat-6-Keystone-Jack--P2226C324.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminating-shielded-cat6.970025/
Relevancy 45.15%

I`m adding a 4th Computer to our home network (Kids) which runs on a 2 yr old D-Link DI-604

Will I be able to, meaning will they work ? these NEW Patch Cables,
CAT 6 RJ45 UTP NETWORK PATCH CABLE ?

Or should I stick with the CAT5E RJ45 NETWORK PATCH CABLE ?
Thanks, Morgan

A:RE Network Cableing CAT6 UTP VS. CAT 5

Well; sorry for the late response, but better late then never.
To answer your question of will they work: Yes, they will, however it's probably not worth it to buy Cat6 if you're just using a DI-604 the extra cost just won't be worth the extremely slight increase of performance... if any is noticeable at all.
Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-network-cableing-cat6-utp-vs-cat-5.773743/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi i am wiring up a cat6 setup in a community project i am doing.But i need your help to help sort the wiring. Ive done a picture below of the patch panel cables and socket and i hope someone can help me by telling me where the wires are to go. Ive followed the color codes but still get no connectivity. please can someone tell me how to wire up the sockets to the patch panel it be a big help thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-with-wiring-my-cat6-network-up.1001349/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi All,

as I'm going to get some rewiring done at my house, I'm thinking of laying two runs of approx. 8 m each from the downstairs lounge (where the cable modem sits) to the upstairs room. The wires might go inside the wall or in alternative in a cavity housing central heating pipes.

I've read that for wall cabling, 'solid' cat6 is best, but I'm also a bit confused at what the benefits of the 'stranded' variety are.

I've started looking at vendors and I've found solid or stranded easily in multiple-hundred meter reels. While it's relatively easy to source 10m UTP patch cables, which I should be easily able to chop the connectors off and wire to the outlets.

Given my application and the relatively short run of cable involved, is there any real-life drawback to using simple UTP patch cables?

Many thanks,
Gianfranco

A:Advice on cat6 cabling

For a permanently wired end-to-end solution (ie wall plate to wall plate) solid wire
may be used, but in all other cases, the stranded wire is best; go by cost

Also, cat-6 will have shielding; make sure the installer GROUNDS it on both ends.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-cat6-cabling.100241/
Relevancy 45.15%

just a quick question, I'm considering a home security/surveillance system with multiple cameras inside and out. Although the issue at hand is not which cameras to use if anyone with some serious history would like to add a suggestion it would be most appreciated. My main quandry at the moment is to use cat5e or cat6 cable. I think I understand that the cat6 is superior it does appear to be quite pricey. Will the cat5e work well enough for video cameras. I plan to use three outside and three inside cameras. I will need to wire all outside and two of the inside. Can anybody help here?? Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Cat5e vs Cat6

CAT5e will work fine, it's fully rated for gigabit connections. CAT6 is better, but overkill for you if it's that much more expensive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cat5e-vs-cat6.818235/
Relevancy 44.72%

I read that cat7 Ethernet cables are thicker than cat5e and the usual cat5e Ethernet plug doesn't work.

What about cat6? Does cat5e Ethernet plug work for it? Or I need to buy different Ethernet plug if I bought non wired cat6 cable.

A:Is Ethernet plug for cat6 is the same as the one for cat5e?

The connectors themselves are essentially the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-ethernet-plug-for-cat6-is-the-same-as-the-one-for-cat5e.958245/
Relevancy 44.72%

Okay, so this isn't strictly home networking....

We're in the process of moving offices again, this time to our permanent residence. I'm going to be setting up the new network and buying a reel of cable for the purpose.

I have had a quick look online and have discovered a 'new' category of cable, namely CAT6. What I read tells me that this is 'the future' for networking.

My question is, for a network of up to 10 machines, with a 2MB broadband connection and no great network demands, is there any gain to be had by paying for the more expensive CAT6 cable, or are my instincts right that CAT5e cable will keep us happy for the next 5 years at least?

Relevancy 44.72%

I bought 100' of Cat6 wire and just saw that the RJ45 connectors I already have are Cat5e.
Can I use them?

A:Cat6 cable with Cat5e connectors?

Sure. The connectors are the same (RJ-45). That's what counts if you're using standard Ethernet connections. Be sure to follow the pin-out assignments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309796-cat6-cable-cat5e-connectors.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I ve been pulling at my bald head where hair used to be all day I need some help diagnosing a network problem I recently bought unplugged?! Network cable Cat6 of Cat FTP cable for a home wiring project I have a gigabit router DLink DIR- amp switch Fry s generic and all of the machines that I Cat6 Network cable unplugged?! intend to connect directly wired to the network have gigabit ethernet ports All of these computers Cat6 Network cable unplugged?! ethernet ports are built into their motherboards The problem is that the cat cables that I cut don t seem to be recognized correctly In fact each machine says that the network cable is unplugged yes I double checked that it was actually plugged in I can get it to work at a slower speed I have to go into the Device Manager and in the Network Adapter s Advanced Properties tab set the quot Speed amp Duplex quot option to quot mbps full duplex quot It defeats the purpose of upgrading the network to gigabit if I have to limit each machine to mbps I have cut three cables and they each give this problem I cut a fourth cat cable and connected my modem to my router This connection does not seem to have a problem I have verified that the drivers are up to date on each machine Each wire passes a simple connectivity test using a cable tester On my existing Cat connection I am able to download at about mbps using the Cat at quot mbps full duplex quot it drops to mbps My service provider is supposed to be giving me with occasional increases Could the wire be bad and still test ok Any other ideas Please help me if you can nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I was able to figure out my earlier questions, and in the interim, Monoprice's bulk Cat6 solid STP went OOS, and furthermore, they don't carry shielded keystones that I'll need.

Can anyone recommend a good value reputable supplier? Monoprice's earliest ETA is 11/16, and I've already made my access holes--much as I like Monoprice, I can't see leaving holes in the wall for what could be three months. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-to-buy-shielded-cat6-and-keystones-monoprice-oos.1069188/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an old Linksys WRT G v router and I would like to use it as a repeater What I would like to do is run CAT cable either under the house or through the CAT6 via ft repeater 125 Wireless cable attic ft should do it from one of the ports on Wireless repeater via 125 ft CAT6 cable the AT amp T quot WIRE quot modem router combination which is how I get my data unit to the Linksys unit I m OK with running open source firmware DD-WRT for example on the Linksys router Is it possible to do this in such a way that I could walk from one end of my house to the other with a laptop and have the wireless connection switch from one wireless source to the other without my having to intervene This is actually for my mother which is why that last bit would be nice If the answer to this question is quot yes quot then I would also appreciate a link to a how-to about this It s not clear to me whether a second computer at the quot Lynksys quot end of this setup is required to do this and I would like to avoid that I just want to be able to walk through the house and have good wi-fi everywhere because I would have a functional wi-fi router on both ends My cell phone signal is all but nonexistent on the same side of the house where there s no wi-fi and so my mobile data speeds collapse on that side of the house too She does currently have a powerline set up but with only one port and no wi-fi it doesn t serve her needs on that side of the house which are Roku Netflix a Chromebook and eventually an quot Cloud Printer quot which has no provision for an Ethernet connection Plus again the wi-fi on her phone Thanks in advance for your help and best Scott nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I currently have a wireless home network. I installed Linux Xandros onto a hard drive and installed it into my sons computer. Unfortunalty, after some researching, no Linux OS's are currently wireless adaptable. Even though I currently have the router in a lower heigth location than it should be because of the cable length, it still works, but I want it back into a higher location for stronger signal strength, and my sons pc is in a location where it has to be. Is there some kind of adapter that will connect to the rj45 connector so additional cable can be added to it?
Thanks,Jim

A:CAT6 cable length extender?

I haven't run into too many Linux Operating Systems that are not Wireless capable. What wireless network card do you have on the Linux computer.

If you really want to run more cable you can go up to 328 feet with Cat 5. If you need multiple computers hooked up to one connection then buy addtional networking hardware. A cheap 4 port switch would be just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat6-cable-length-extender.496173/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey,
I was just looking through these standards (CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6, CAT7) and was wondering if anyone could tell me the pros and cons of each and the speeds. Also, since I am building a house right now, which one of those should I have installed? I have heard if I want to "future-proof", I should install CAT6 or CAT7, but I am unsure if the compatibility of those will work that great with the stuff that is out now, or is it ever worth it? What do you guys think? Is there any good websites that compare all of these? thanks

A:CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6, CAT7

Wow, I had not heard that cat 7 had been standardized. If you want to run gigabit ethernet devices on your lan you need Cat 5e or better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat5-cat5e-cat6-cat7.383294/
Relevancy 44.72%

I know that when I connect Ethernet wire (cat5e or cat 6) between a computer and a router, I should use wiring diagram 568B

Can I connect the wire with my own order( the same order on both side of the cable) without referring to this diagram (it seems to work but does it cause any problem)? Is it the same for cat6 cable?

Relevancy 44.29%

I need to know two things about CAT6 cable:
Is there any difference between CAT5 and CAT6 that might make attaching RJ45 connectors more difficult on CAT6 than CAT5?
Of course I want the best price I can get on 1000-foot boxes of CAT6; but, I don't want to wind up with a box of inferior product. Is e-bay a good place to get this kind of product if I stick to top-rated sellers?
In the past, I've gotten my cable from local dealers; but, I can save about $60 at e-bay.