Windows Support Forum

PC randomly turns off frequently without warning

Q: PC randomly turns off frequently without warning

Hey guys I m new to the forums but hoping you lot can help I recently upgraded my gfx to a gtx frequently off turns without PC randomly warning zotac synergy edition from a gt all was PC randomly turns off frequently without warning going well until roughly last Sunday I was playing dawn of war and the pc turned itself off I figured must PC randomly turns off frequently without warning be a one off turned it on everything worked fine the last few days though whenever I try to run a game of decent quality e g gta mirrors edge mass effect even l d the pc turns off after a few minutes playing When I run normal programs such as the Internet and streaming videos the whole system is stable and runs fine just when gaming it goes off I m stumped to be honest it may be a psu failing or the motherboard I m not sure Atm I m running sata hdds gbs ddr ram a q and the gtx psu is a xpower w sli ready if anyone can help it would be gratefully appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC randomly turns off frequently without warning

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PC randomly turns off frequently without warning

Well, this generally happens for 2 reasons:

1.) High temperatures. Check your GPU and CPU temperatures and ensure that they are within their rated / acceptable limits.

2.) Power surge and lack of power protection device. Recently I removed my UPS and connected the PC to a cheap surge suppressor. I had exactly the same issue as you are having now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-randomly-turns-off-frequently-without-warning.141696/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I m looking for some advice and guidance I am not a technical expert on computer hardware I understand the basics and that s about the extent of it My current PC is a Dell desktop tower it runs Windows it uses an Intel Core Duo processor It is a few years old I d estimate or years old I plug my PC into a Belkin surge protector multi-outlet device which plugs into the wall electrical outlet My problem is that recently the PC randomly has been instantly powering-down and then a few seconds later powering-up again and rebooting This happens twice or turns then randomly turns quickly PC off on itself back times a day on average I have no explanation for it I do know that it s highly annoying and I m concerned and want to do something to fix this problem before any permanent damage occurs to PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on my PC Last week I searched the internet PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on briefly for advice and the two possible causes that popped-up in search results were A overheating or B issues with the power cord Given that over the past week in my spare time I have totally rerouted all the cords and wires behind PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on my computer desk to ensure that no wires were tangling pulling or weighing-down on the power cord for my PC I also totally dusted out the cabinet and backside of the PC tower and gently vacuumed the quot fan quot area on the back of the PC to ensure it was free of dust and lint I removed some random objects from the PC cabinet CD s mice keyboard etc to ensure that there was plenty of quot airflow quot around the PC tower presumably to ensure no overheating I rerouted several electronics that previously shared the Belkin multi-outlet device to another electrical outlet in the room I m not sure if any of these actions was helpful or not but I know that my PC is still having the same original power-off power-on issue no change I also updated and ran the quot Malwarebytes quot anti-malware software and the full scan showed no infections problems identified I am at a loss at this point and would appreciate any help or advice I ve owned several PC s over the past decade or so and I ve never encountered this problem with any of them nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I m new and I m not a computer genius so I m Solved: frequently message XP off Windows no error with turns sorry if I do say something wrong I have Windows XP pro on a Dell Inspiron I ve had Solved: Windows XP turns off frequently with no error message it for about a year now My problem is that my computer crashes it just turns off At first I thought it was just overheating or I was running too many programs at once but lately it will happen when I m only running one program and I ve just restarted it It crashed approximately Solved: Windows XP turns off frequently with no error message ten times yesterday The problem first showed up about six months ago but it would only crash once maybe twice right after each other and only about once every two weeks It s started getting really bad in the past month or so Now what I think the problem might be is well I pull up the task manager ctrl alt del and there s always at least or processes running I think this is what s causing the problem but I m not sure I talked to my father about it and he thinks this might be the problem he mentioned a quot boot menu quot where I can stop them from automatically running when my computer starts But I don t know where that is or if this really is the problem Obviously I d like to stop it crashing if I can figure out how I don t have an enormous number of programs on my computer but I do have more than just the basics Yesterday I ran adaware and it still crashed Yesterday I also tried to run spybot twice but both times it crashed in the middle of running it I also have quot symantec antivirus client quot and I know it s run completely since I ve gotten the problem six months ago but I don t remember the last time it ran completely If there s anything else you need to know just let me know Thanks for any help you can give me nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I am using Windows Ver and use Windows Defender for virus and spam protection All windows updates were installed It has a GHz CPU GB Space available on the hard drive While working on my PC my Defender pop-up appeared to say it stopped malware and it was deleting it So I continued working and then it repeated the alert again several times So I ran Malwarebites and it found FakeMS FakeMS SVGen and Windows ToolDisabled So I removed them I then opened Defender and it showed that it disabled another different Trojan Win Detplock and it said I needed to restart the machine to remove the Trojan so I did My machine started showing down considerably and I changed th power settings to High Performance to see if that helped performance and now the CPU fan keeps running off and on every few seconds still does constantly So I ran Malware bites again and it did not find any Malware after removed CPU Fan & malware turns slow running PC is frequently on So I ran a PC is running slow & CPU Fan turns on frequently after malware removed quick scan using Defender again and it found that my system was fine and was secure My machine is still operating VERY slowly it loads slow desktop icons take forever to load File manager takes about a minute to load when it loaded in seconds previously I use this machine for my family business and need help desperately My machine has been operating efficiently all this time until now PC is running slow & CPU Fan turns on frequently after malware removed So I need help Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer Dave FRST LOG Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Dave administrator on DAVES on - - Running from C Users Dave Desktop Loaded Profiles Dave Available profiles Dave PC is running slow & CPU Fan turns on frequently after malware removed Platform Windows X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Code Software C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanService exe Conexant Systems Inc C Windows System CxAudMsg exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe C Program Files x DTS Inc DTS Studio Sound dts apo service exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Windows System ThpSrv exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Windows System TODDSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Toshiba Corporation C Program Files Toshiba Teco TecoService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SkyDrive exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender NisSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MpCmdRun exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe TODO lt Company name gt C Program Files x WildTangent Games App GamesAppIntegrationService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent CAudioFilterAgent exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Program Files Toshiba Teco TecoResident exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Program Files Toshiba Hotkey TCrdMain Win exe C Program Files Toshiba Hotkey Hotkey TCrdKBB exe Intel Cor... Read more

A:PC is running slow & CPU Fan turns on frequently after malware removed

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below.start

CloseProcesses:

Failed to access process -> explorer.exe
HKLM\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [lyry] => C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\lyry\lyry.exe [361016 2015-04-01] ()
HKLM Group Policy restriction on software: C:\Program Files\Webroot <====== ATTENTION
HKLM Group Policy restriction on software: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes <====== ATTENTION
HKLM\...\Policies\Explorer\Run: [lyry] => C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\lyry\lyry.exe [361016 2015-04-01] ( ())
HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore: [DisableSR/DisableConfig] <===== ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-3073639330-920549485-491190202-1001\...A8F59079A8D5}\localserver32: <==== ATTENTION!
HKU\S-1-5-18\...A8F59079A8D5}\localserver32: <==== ATTENTION!
HKU\S-1-5-21-3073639330-920549485-491190202-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Secondary_Page_URL = http://mystart.toshiba.com
BHO: Webroot Vault -> {c8d5d964-2be8-4c5b-8cf5-6e975aa88504} -> C:\ProgramData\WRData\pkg\LPBar64.dll No File
BHO-x32: Webroot Vault -> {c8d5d964-2be8-4c5b-8cf5-6e975aa88504} -> C:\ProgramData\WRData\pkg\LPBar.dll No File
Toolbar: HKLM - Webroot Toolbar - {97ab88ef-346b-4179-a0b1-7445896547a5} - C:\ProgramData\WRData\pkg\LPBar64.dll No File
Toolbar: HKLM-x32 - Webroot Toolbar - {97ab88ef-346b-4179-a0b1-7445896547a5} - C:\ProgramData\WRData\pkg\LPBar.dll No File
FF user.js: detected! => C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\03up66gy.default\user.js [2014-03-28]
S1 czcoxhmu; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\czcoxhmu.sys [X]
S1 kvpxoknd; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\kvpxoknd.sys [X]
S1 ytbjkvid; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ytbjkvid.sys [X]
C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\lyry
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:728B799F

End
Save the files as fixlist.txt into the same folder as FRSTRun FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log Fixlog.txt please post it to your reply.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===How is the computer running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572808/pc-is-running-slow-cpu-fan-turns-on-frequently-after-malware-removed/
Relevancy 56.76%

This started happening seemingly out of nowhere. Literally the only thing I did was hook a new midi device up but I've switched that back and the BSOD still occurs about every 10-15 minutes. Just looking for some insight. Attached ZIP.

A:BSOD frequently, randomly, out of nowhere with no new changes

Code:
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
athrx+5c8c1
fffff880`042858c1 8b4044 mov eax,dword ptr [rax+44h]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: athrx+5c8c1

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: athrx

IMAGE_NAME: athrx.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a2ea4b9

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xD1_athrx+5c8c1

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xD1_athrx+5c8c1

Followup: MachineOwner
this is your network adapter driver, first try updating the driver here:
Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP

just scroll down to find the one that suits you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379407-bsod-frequently-randomly-out-nowhere-no-new-changes.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My family has been using this Dell Inspiron 1525 for about 4 years now and it has been having random BSOD since day 1. At first we thought it was an overheating problem because the keyboard gets quite hot after a few minutes into turning it on. But this problem happens in winter too, so that was dismissed. Bluescreenview says the problem is due to ntkrnlpa.exe. There are a lot of cases on the internet but none of them works so far. I tried to work with Windbg, couldn't get pass "Loading unloaded module list", it just hangs there.

Attached is the SF debug zip file of my Dell. What can I do to solve the problem?

A:BSOD frequently but happens randomly

Do you get BSOD's in Safe Mode: Start your computer in safe mode - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318380-bsod-frequently-but-happens-randomly.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Recently I've been getting random BSOD from time to time Usually it happens once every - hrs or so It doesn't have to be running anything to crash Sometimes it just crashes out of the blue I started having this randomly BSOD very but frequently problem after I moved to my new place During this whole moving thing the pc might have been physically damaged but I handled it very carefully so I doubt that it has been severely damaged Every program is still working fine but I notice a significant degradation in performance of the BSOD randomly but very frequently system Games' performance is noticeably slower than before I also updated my graphic card's driver at the same time with the moving so it might also be the cause of the problem System info System Manufacturer Model Number Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- GM-UD H OS Windows Professional bit CPU AMD Athlon tm II X Processor CPUS GHz Motherboard Gigabyte GA- GM-UD H Memory MB RAM Graphics Card s NVIDIA Geforce GT Sound Card Integrated sound card Monitor s Displays SyncMaster BW BSOD randomly but very frequently SyncMaster Magic CX BW Screen Resolution x Hard Drives ST AS ATA PSU W

A:BSOD randomly but very frequently

Welcome aboard.

First of all, you uninstall AVG and install Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows.

Then, Look at it.

Code:
Name [00000007] Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rt64win7.sys (7.2.1125.2008, 183.00 KB (187,392 bytes), 3/2/2009 2:05 AM)
You need to upgrade the network driver:

1] download the network card driver from manufactuer's website, Realtek
2] Then reinstall the driver:
3] Click the Start Button, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Start Menu Search box and press Enter.
4] Double click to expand "Network adaptors".
5] Right click your network card and click Uninstall.
6] Check "Delete driver software for this device" check box, click OK.
7] Restart the computer

If windows does not auto configure the appropriate drivers at startup, install the downloaded one manually.

Finally, Perform a disc check.
Reseat the sata and power.
Run chkdsk /f/r, following the option two of the tutorial Disk Check
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download
Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259812-bsod-randomly-but-very-frequently.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am running a AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 6 core processor on a Asus Crosshair formula IV with 16 gigs of Corsair XMS3 memory trying to figure out why I'm getting these crashes, I also have a Bigfoot Networks Killer Ethernet (as it shows up on the device manager) Card and a Nvidia Geforce 450 GTS

It's been rather frustrating that I cannot look into the dmp files to figure out what to try to solve the issues. Anyways typically the system runs a while and then suddenly crashes out, typically I get 1-2 crashes a day since this rebuild of my system occured and replaced an old motherboard and cpu with a better hardware well at least on paper it looked significantly better...

Another blue screen crash figure I'll be attaching every blue screen crash when they occur till the system stops blue screening so often.

A:BSODs randomly and frequently

Hello and welcome to Seven Forums,
Bugcheck 0xA: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility, old drivers

Start off by removing Norton - known cause of BSOD on some Windows 7 systems. Use this removal tool to remove Norton: Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support
Use Avast OR MSE with Windows Firewall in it's place

Update Broadcom Bluetooth - here

Code:
btwaudio.sys Fri Mar 30 07:52:36 2007
btwavdt.sys Mon Feb 26 18:06:58 2007
btwrchid.sys Mon Feb 26 18:08:50 2007
Update your Logitech Hardware - here

Code:
LHidFilt.Sys Thu Jun 18 04:49:39 2009
LMouFilt.Sys Thu Jun 18 04:49:43 2009
Update your Wacom Product - here

Code:
wacommousefilter.sys Sat Feb 17 07:12:17 2007
Try and update your AMD (ATI) Chipset/Motherboard - here

-----------------------------------------------
If problem persists, enable Verifier: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Regards...
Dean

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {ffffef802f9d85a0, 2, 1, fffff80003059bff}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbfilter.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for usbfilter.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbfilter.sys
Probably caused by : usbfilter.sys ( usbfilter+1acb )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffef802f9d85a0, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80003059bff, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800031050e8
ffffef802f9d85a0

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!PspCpuQuotaControl+13f
fffff800`03059bff 006c7590 add byte ptr [rbp+rsi*2-70h],ch

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: System

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800d66a730 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800d66a730)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff880033619e0 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=000000000000001f rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80003059bff rsp=fffff8800d66a8c8 rbp=fffffa800fdf2aa0
r8=0000000000000065 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff8800d66a4f0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
nt!PspCpuQuotaControl+0x13f:
fffff800`03059bff 006c7590 add byte ptr [rbp+rsi*2-70h],ch ss:0018:fffffa80`0fdf2a30=30
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148393-bsods-randomly-frequently.html
Relevancy 56.76%

From what I see your bios might need updating!

A:PC freezing randomly and frequently

Do you think updating my BIOS will help with freezing? Do you mean my motherboard BIOS? Sorry for asking dumb questions, but am I able to update my BIOS without a floppy disk drive (my PC did not come with one).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezing-randomly-and-frequently-240275.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am testing some security SW and need to have my dynamic IP assigned changed with every new access of a test Web page. Is this at all possible without reconnecting to ISP each time or going through multiple proxy servers?

A:IP Chnage Frequently & Randomly

I think you need to provide a local server that is dishing out the IP addresses to do this kind of testing. I doubt any ISP will provide this functionality.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-chnage-frequently-randomly.565613/
Relevancy 56.76%

I built my own computer back in November and from that point onward it's been turning off frequently and I've gotten really annoyed by it. I would appreciate any help I can get. The part list is below:
Corsair 750D Case
EVGA 500 W1 80+ power supply
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW graphics card
MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard
Windows 10 OS
Transcend 256GB SSD
WD Blue 1TB Hard drive
AMD FX-6300 6 Core Processor

A:PC Turns off without warning very often

How is the air flow?

Did you put any thermal compound between the CPU and Heat sink? To much or not enough?
If you put too much on the core, it can act like an insulator and actually cause temperatures to rise.
If you really go overboard and get it all over the rest of the CPU, there is a small chance that it could short the traces on the CPU.

Is everything tight and snug?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129429-pc-turns-off-without-warning-very-often.html
Relevancy 56.76%

ASUS HD GB DC II ASUS M A -M EVO AMD Phenom II X OCZ MODX STREAM-PRO PSU W gb Corsair Vengance at - - and Mhz Western Digital tb Green I was told this was most likely a problem with HDD or RAM So i have tried replacing my HDD with an old spare but the pc would still turned off So i am running off turns and PC randomly randomly crashes HD Tune on my primary HDD to test for errors The health tab returns no errors though so i am assuming that this is all good I ran memtest overnight but with both sticks installed and it returned no errors should i retry with one stick at a time The apparent next cause of such an issue would be the PSU but after runnnig occt for - mins it gave voltages on all rails well within the largest deviation was about Should i also check the bios volatges My cpu reaches about C at full load under OCCT's burn in tests so i dont think that would be a problem It seems to occur more in some games than others although it also has occurred while at idle Also sometimes the peripherals and screen freeze for up to seconds and then become responsive again they also make PC crashes randomly and turns off randomly the usb insertion sound when they reconnect so i am assuming that they are losing signal from the mobo This leads me to believe that the mobo is the problem although i dont have a spare one to test with at the moment One last note it can freeze turn off up to times a day but then work fine for then next - days It seems completely random Help would really be appreciated as this PC crashes randomly and turns off randomly has been plaguing me for some time

A:PC crashes randomly and turns off randomly

Hello,

Please post the temp and voltage readings from the BIOS.

Once you have this info install HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the program at idle and under load (while gaming)

Randoms shutdowns can usually be attributed to overheating component or power related.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-crashes-randomly-and-turns-off-randomly-691240.html
Relevancy 55.9%

AS requested here is my HJT log I've noticed a couple of things Randomly Frequently Reboots Computer And lately but don't know what they mean there are several things in my start up list that i can't identify and i can't get rid of them Also every time my computer succesfully reboots unsuccesfully is when the computer enters Computer Reboots Frequently And Randomly a reboot loop and reboots constantly until theres an intervention it opens my quot C windows system quot page I don't know why and don't know how to stop it And now the logLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exeC Program Files ewido anti-spyware ewido exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Don Tharpe SYS amp DESKTOP Desktop HijackThis exeF - REG win ini load F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exeO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exeO - HKLM Run ewido quot C Program Files ewido anti-spyware ewido exe quot minimizedO - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe quot startintrayO - HKLM Run PCPitstop Optimize Registration Reminder C Program Files PCPitstop Optimize Reminder exeO - HKLM Run RCSystemTray C Program Files Registry Cleaner RCSystemTray exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run sO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar htmlO - Extra button Messenger - - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF C A- BE- B -A BB- B FE A ewidoOnlineScan Control - http downloads ewido net ewidoOnlineScan cabO - DPF E F B - A- - EE-BA D BE Driver Agent ActiveX Control - http www driveragent com files driveragent cabO - Winlogon No... Read more

A:Computer Reboots Frequently And Randomly

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. Your hijackthis log doesn't indicate any malware that is present, but I'd like to get a more detailed log that will show me much more info.Please download ComboFix and save it to your desktop.Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.When it's done running it will produce a log for you. Please post that log in your next reply.Important Note - Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64599/computer-reboots-frequently-and-randomly/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey,
I was just repairing my friend's computer.
After installing Windows XP SP3 afresh I came across this issue.
The PC randomly restarts and gets hung. Dont know why.
Went through a couple of forums on this website and other, but couldn't find a solution...
Also the blue screen which appears tells me a tcpip.sys error
I've got an event ID: 1003 Cat: 102 System error.

The PC restarts too frequently...too confusing to find out the cause.
There are virtually no softwares installed on it since its freshly installed OS.
I've uploaded the minidumps which I got (hopefully its got attached).

Help required. Thanks

A:Computer restarts randomly frequently

ok cant view these dumps on this computer at the mo so will download them

however the BSOD yhur getting is one that typically occurs after a fresh install of Windows OS when a device driver is incompatible. What OS was on there before? im just wondering if a fresh install of Windows XP with SP2 might be better. I will have a look at the dumps and let yhu know

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-randomly-frequently.174622/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an acer aspire 5536 laptop and it will randomly disconnect from the wireless internet. Everything will be working fine but as soon as I try to load two things at once (or sometimes even one big thing) it will show that little yellow exclamation mark and say no access to internet even though it is still connected to the network. The other computers connected to the wireless work fine with no access issues so I know it is not the router. Also this happened in my previous home where I used wireless but from a different provider so it is definitely something wrong with the computer.
Any help would be much appreciated! Every time it goes to no internet access if I disconnect and then reconnect it works again.

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 55.9%

My computer when im using it for no reason just freezes for different amounts of time ushally about minutes i have defraged and scaned for virus and found nothing i was told to try here because of when in eventvwr msc i did the hidden devices a yellow and computer frequently My freezes randomly tag with an ' ' came up for TDSSserv and it said device type non plug and play drivers manufacturer unknown location unknown This device is not present is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed Code a replyer said TDSSserv seems to be related to the quot Antivirus XP quot My computer freezes randomly and frequently infection My specifications Computer brand Ei System Computer model Ei MOTHERBOARD DIXONSXP RC MA-RS H BIOS phoenix technologies LTD CHIPSET ATI RS RC RC PHISICAL MEMORY MB DDR -SDRAM PROCESSOR INTEL PENTIUM MHz HARDDRIVE WDC GB My computer freezes randomly and frequently CPU vcore v VDDR v v v v v v v Voltage battery v System temprature C CPU temprature C CPU fan speed RPM System fan speed RPM DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Dad at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files My computer freezes randomly and frequently Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin AskService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLanCfgG exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System ups exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Dad Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk ig hl en amp source iglk uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore BHO A C -A - - C C-EB D A Ad - No File BHO D E F-FCDE- FAF-AB A- D AA B - No File BHO -A - - C C-EB D A Ad - No File BHO B - C- E- - CDFC F - No File BHO C C - B - B - - B B C - No File BHO A FC- - DC- CF- D E CAC - No File BHO C - C - A -A - D - No File BHO AB BC- EC- C-AD A-C DBE EC DA - No File BHO E BCB-D F- D - E-B B A F - No File BHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll BHO B F-A A - FE- - DEAD A D - No File BHO EFE C- E - E- -ADD B EF - No File BHO -F - FF -AEB - E A D - No File BHO A AB A-E D - - B- A EE - No File BHO FC - - F D- D- B ECDE EA - No File BHO BADDAC- DC - CE-B B - CC B A - No File BHO A D D - D - - D C- D A - No File BHO DB - - D- B - D - No File BHO C FFCC - A- CBA-A C -D E ACAB - No File BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO CAB B - A - - FD -B C BF - No File BHO E - A - F-B - D C AF - No File BHO CAB B - A - - FD -B C BF - No File BHO FA - E B- DA- A - CAADAD DCFF - No File BHO A C - C D- c -A B- A B A - No File BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - -... Read more

A:My computer freezes randomly and frequently

Hello bengoodall,

If you still require assistance, please run a new scan with dds and post a fresh dds.txt and we'll get started.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/my-computer-freezes-randomly-and-frequently-333031.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone

Recently my computer has started to completely freeze, with everything except the audio (but including the cursor!) being completely frozen. It seems to happen mostly when playing games, but has recently also happened when the only programme I'm running is Google Chrome. I've checked my system for viruses, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Hope someone here can help!

I've run the SF Diagnostics Tool and attached the .zip file to this post.

A:Computer frequently and randomly freezes

You need to see what temperatures you're hitting.

Download coretemp or hwmonitor and see how hot things get.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/303229-computer-frequently-randomly-freezes.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My computer boots up and runs fine for several minutes to a few hours then all of a sudden the monitor screen goes black and if it is on the screen the mouse pointer gets big I have to reboot and then sometimes it will work fine for as long as I am using it Sometimes it does the same things several hours later or several minutes later In other words I have not been able to establish a pattern for when it happens Anybody have any ideas what may be going on I use Windows Pro Amd processor sempron Megs of RAM Computer motherboard Computer warning off turns without about a year old I got windows installed because I could not get XP registered with MS after old Computer turns off without warning MB died I kinda like Win K better anyway I have cleaned out my case and tried to make sure processor is not overheating Just am stumped as to what may be the problem Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

A few days ago my computer was turning off abd giving me a message re: thermal issues. So, bought thermal paste, cleaned the exixting paste and put the new paste. After that was done the computers keeps turning off, but it does not give me that message anymore.
Does anybody has any idea as to why this is happening?

A:Computers Turns off without warning

Your computer may be overheating. Your CPU fan may not be sufficient for your processor. Or It could be your power supply. Does your computer turn off and come back on, or does it just crash and stay off? There are a lot of things that can make your computer crash. Did you make sure to not put too much thermal paste on? Also, you could have put too little of the thermal paste on. Does your computer run for a while before shutting down or does it crash as soon as you turn it on? Look in the download section on here for a temp monitor. Use a couple different temp monitors to see if your computer is overheating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computers-turns-off-without-warning.114491/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,

My HP Pavilion desktop (Win 8.1 64bit) has a power failure issue.  It will  randomly lose power and shutdown (hard shutdown) without warning.  This has happened 4 times in the last month, about once a week. I ran the diagnostic test that comes with the computer but it did not find any problems.  Is there any other troubleshooting steps i should take?

Thank You!

A:Computer turns off without warning

Hi,
Have you checked to see if heat is a problem? Either with the PSU or the CPU? What are the specs for your system hardware?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540448/computer-turns-off-without-warning/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All I am having an issue with my HP Envy Touchsmart Sleekbook No Computer Off Warning 40% Turns at With - dx nbsp When on battery my computer shuts down without warning at around - I rechecked my power options and they are set to send me notifications of low battery and to hibernate not just shut down When I turn the computer back on connected to power the first page it shows is Choose your keyboard layout which I don't know if that is usual nbsp I have done the HP Support Assistant Battery Check Computer Turns Off at 40% With No Warning and my last test status was Calibrate To calibrate it wants me to charge my computer to - but my computer only charges to about so what do I do nbsp I have also run the battery test in using HP System Diagnostics and the result was Calibration Required When I selected the option to calibrate the battery it took me to a screen where I could select Start Battery Calibration except my mouse or touch pad or touch screen wouldn't work at all on that page I pressed esc Computer Turns Off at 40% With No Warning and it was fine again nbsp I also read a thread on hear about resetting BIOS and that didn't work either nbsp So how do I calibrate my battery Can you do so if your computer can't charge to And has anyone had a similar issue

A:Computer Turns Off at 40% With No Warning

Hello there, Battery callibration :  Charge the laptop's battery to its fullest and use the Laptop while it completely drains out the battery, in such a way that the computer is shut down completely. Repeat the above process a few times, in order to successfully callibrate the battery. Also, update the BIOS on the Notebook. Please find the link to update the BIOS. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/identify?q=HP+Envy+4-1115dx&tool=s-002#Z7_3054ICK0K8... Choose your appropriate product and the operating system.Install the BIOS update, and keep the charger plugged in thoughout the process.  And again, despite the above steps, if the issue still persists, please uninstall the Battery from the device manager and check. If nothing works again, please call our technical support as our experts are eager to help you.   Cheers!

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.Regards,Vamshi

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Computer-Turns-Off-at-40-With-No-Warning/td-p/5774036
Relevancy 55.9%

I been recently having this problem where my battery run low and instead of warning me it turns off. What should i do ?

A:No Low battery warning, Just turns off.

Replace the battery. They don't last forever and this is what happens when they die.

I strongly recommend getting the OEM battery and not a cheap chinese knockoff. I never take chances with ink/toner and batteries. The real deal or nothing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/233499-no-low-battery-warning-just-turns-off.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Well I ve just spent the past hour or so trying to chill out and relaxing by trying to play some Call of Duty on my laptop computer quot Trying quot is my key word here because for whatever reason or reasons the darn thing in game turns My without warning! off, itself laptop is turning itself off without warning I get about - maps into the game which is approx something like - minutes in and the thing shuts itself off I know for a fact this isn t an issue that my laptop s hardware is bellow the requirements for the game Toshiba x- dual SLi Nvidia GeForce M GT s MB s each Intel Core Duo T My laptop turns itself off, without warning! G s GB s of system RAM Realtek High Definition My laptop turns itself off, without warning! Audio Sound Card Windows Vista My laptop turns itself off, without warning! Ultimate -bit I m well over in almost every area the games requirements but even with that the game or the computer shuts itself off I m thinking this could be heat related I ve got the thing resting atop a nice dual fan laptop cooling tray I did notice possibly one of it s exhaust vents might have been blocked a little by a printer I had stationed pretty close to it I moved the laptop away from that printer about another - inches or so and try d the game again same thing about minutes into it the thing shut itself off Upon firing it up again I ran the stock Toshiba diagnostic tool no problems detected I then checked the hard drive no problems found I then ran CCleaner and checked the registry no errors found Lastly I went into the Administration control panel to view the event log and see if Widows was reporting anything in there is wasn t no sudden crashing type errors were reported This baffles me no errors anywhere and it keeps turning itself off whenever playing Call of Duty Maybe it s my setup I do have my laptop via HDMI hooked up to my Samsung inch LCD television with the television set to quot game mode quot maybe there s something screw y with the setup The computer behaves when in normal operations web browsing You Tube watching VLC media playback Windows Media Player playback it all checks out fine Anyone got any recommendations or thoughts nbsp

A:My laptop turns itself off, without warning!

Sounds like it could be overheating. The best thing to do will be to load up something like CPUID's HWMonitor, fire it up and check the temps whilst gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-turns-itself-off-without-warning.184526/
Relevancy 55.47%

So I recently purchased a new ASUS laptop, and everything has been fine except for windows 7. In particular, 32 bit programs will inexplicably crash at random times, and when they do, they often all crash at the same time. For example, Steam, windows media player, uTorrent, and Firefox all crashed at the exact same time a few days ago, and several other simultaneous crashes have happened since. IE8, which has to run in 32bit mode for college related applications, crashes frequently as well, and has nearly compromised my work on several occasions.

I've tried recreating it, but I can't. The only thing they have in common is that they are all 32 bit programs, even things widows photo gallery(which is 32bit) crash randomly. I don't know what to do, and it's driving me nuts.

A:32bit programs randomly, and frequently crashing on x64

Dan,

Check your java - unless you specifically use a 64bit browser, you need the 32bit java.

Also there's been a rash of Flash updates recently - they "sandbox" their forever cookies - make sure it's up to date too. And while you're at it check your FF - the two orgs (Mozilla & Adbobe) worked together over the past few weeks to resolve the issue.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm no crash dump reader, maybe someone else can assist you if you are able to provide details.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/252178-32bit-programs-randomly-frequently-crashing-x64.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Because it looks like all answers are slightly different I suspected I should start my own topic

My HP Notebook is a little over a year old
For a while now it just stops responding. IE, Firefox and Microsoft Word will just stop and the screen goes cloudy with that little spinning circle.
If I Log Off and back on again it usually fixes itself. Lately I have just hit the "find a solution" and that will work for a short time.

I have decided to come here for some help and ask what the heck is going on!... it seems to be happening so much that I am ready to throw my Laptop out the window.
I have removed almost all my pictures and tried to clean up the computer but I am so afraid I will take something away that I need and really mess things up.

Really need some help
Thanks !!
Caren

A:Windows 7 IE and Firefox Randomly/Frequently "Not Responding"

Welcome aboard Close IE.Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same problem?If you're using Firefox 3.x, close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). If you're using Firefox 4, or higher go Help>Restart Firefox with Add-ons Disabled.Same issue?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444709/windows-7-ie-and-firefox-randomlyfrequently-not-responding/
Relevancy 55.47%

Running i7 3.4 Ghz processor
Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti
8 gigs of Corsair Vengence ram
Windows 8
Asus Maximus IV Extreme Rev 3.0
This is the error that is occurring over and over in event veiwer.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-04-04T16:18:53.000000000Z

EventRecordID 20342

Channel Application

Computer Desktop

Security
- EventData

Smite.exe
515c4a73
Smite.exe
515c4a73
c0000005
003e6e7c
e14
01ce314e13501bb9
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe
572ffa20-9d43-11e2-be73-f46d04099ae2

Any help is greatly appreciated as the crashes are extremely annoying.

A:Crashing randomly but frequently in multple games

Nobody?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashing-randomly-but-frequently-in-multple-games.1095201/
Relevancy 55.47%

I built the computer I m currently on back in mid May of I put a lot of money about into this machine so that it would last me a long time but now I m having some major problems with it randomly freezing The first time this happened was once about three weeks ago then it happened once last week and so far three times this week twice today alone It doesn t look like one single thing is causing it although of the times so far that it has happened I did notice that it was triggered when I ran a program once it was firefox the other time it was minecraft but I have since then run both program with no problem Another thing to add is before my computer actually completely freezes everything just starts lagging mouse etc extremely bad for about - sec I ll also add that I m sure a virus is not causing this and I have run cleaning programs defrags I have attached a dxdiag to this post in hopes that it will help determine the issue I am having Thank you very much for the help

A:New Computer Randomly Freezing, Happening More and More Frequently

Freezing can be caused by many situations, as can slowness.

Check your system temperatures lately?

Run a hard drive diagnostic?

How about some data on this system (PSU, motherboard, RAM)?

What changes occurred 3 weeks ago that may be related?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423062/new-computer-randomly-freezing-happening-more-and-more-frequently/
Relevancy 55.47%

hey

i have a windows xp media centre edition 2005
1gb ram
70gb hard drive
intel pentium 4 prosesor
and a nvidia 9400 gt graphics card

my computer seems to just stop completely and quite frequently
the mouse and keyboard have no response untill it unfreezes.

the blinking red light that shows its dosent flash or light up at all
which makes me beleave it might be the hard drive

i have anti virus /spyware

ive done a disk check and defrag

can anybody help?

thx

afterwards i check my cpu usage and its up to 100% during the freeze

A:[SOLVED] my comp freezes randomly and frequently

@ eviltoaster : nothing in the informations that were given allows to say that this is virus related and tools like combofix shouldn't be used without proper guidance. Also deleting the process that's taking the cpu usage without investigating its purpose first isn't a good advice.

@ bengoodall :

What's the brand and model of your computer ?

Go to start => run and type eventvwr.msc. Check the application and system sections for errors happening at the time of the freezes. If there are any errors double-click them, click once on the third button on the right (this copies the information in the memory) then right-click => paste it here.

Go to start => run and type chkdsk c: /R. Answer y when prompted to schedule the scan for next startup and restart the computer. It'll take some time. Once you're back within windows go to the event viewer (eventvwr.msc) and give us the information that's in the latest winlogon event (in the application section).

Go to start => run and type devmgmt.msc. Go to view and check "show hidden devices". Report if there are any tagged devices in the list (red or yellow icon).

What antivirus, firewall and other security programs do you use ?

Enter the BIOS at startup (look for some "press xx to enter setup" message), find the hardware monitor or pc health screen and report the temps, fan speeds and voltages you'll see there.

If your mouse and keyboard are usb switch for PS/2 ones for the time of the troubleshooting.

Repeatedly press F8 at startup and select safe mode in the menu that will appear. Do the freezes also occur there ? (you won't be able to surf the internet or run some programs while in safe mode, it's normal)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-my-comp-freezes-randomly-and-frequently-328018.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hi, first post on the website! i have been getting bsod's for about 4 months now about ever 2-3 hours on the computer at random times. i have a dxdiag report and the bsod code is 1033. i dont really know how to get more info than that so please inform me how and i will post it. also when the bsod happens it says something about a clock interval was not received from the secondary processor. so if anyone can zero me in on the problem i would much appreciate it!

A:bsod randomly and frequently code 1033

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/146384-bsod-randomly-frequently-code-1033-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi this is my st post and i m gonna put a lot of pc without games warning my Skyrim others turns off or infor to make it easy for you to help me sorry for the wall When i try to play at max settings in some games pc turns off without warning Skyrim or others games turns off my pc without warning and reboots I can play on normal or some games high for hours without problems but when i try ultra in skyrim or anno for example pc fails and I ve read with this card i have more than enough to run this games in ultra so i wonder what s the problem skyrim sometimes is ok in ultra for hours or sometimes it will reboot every mins My computer spec with temperatures without palying Operating System MS Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz C Bloomfield nm Technology RAM GB Triple-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P T SE LGA C Graphics BenQ E W email protected AMD Radeon HD Series Sapphire PCPartner C Hard Drives GB FUJITSU MAXTOR STM AS ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives XIXEJOD HQZ IJ Q SCSI CdRom Device PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D ATA Device XIXEJOD HQZ IJ Q SCSI CdRom Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio I ve download and upgraded bios latest catalyst sound drivers sound thing for skyrim problems i ve checked temperatures when playing and they will go to - So i Skyrim or others games turns off my pc without warning wonder if it is a power supply fault a heating problem or a card problem and what should i do Ill put my power supply info model LPK - p W ac input VAC A A Hz ac output VAC A A Hz dc output V A V A V A - V A - V A VSB A and this too V amp V shall not exceed W V amp V amp V shall not exceed W any idea thanks in advance nbsp

A:Skyrim or others games turns off my pc without warning

It might be caused by overheating. Recently i had a laptop that when also playing games with high graphics it would suddenly turn off. Try cleaning the dust and dirt out of you pc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skyrim-or-others-games-turns-off-my-pc-without-warning.1038004/
Relevancy 55.04%

I also have to note that all drivers are updated and that I downloaded the beta version of my graphic card, but even before I downloaded the beta version, I had the latest real version and it still caused crashes. This is happening ever since I got a new PSU

A:BSOD crashes randomly, most frequently durring shutdowns

AVG contributes to BSOD's. Please remove it for testing purpose. Use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other security software:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Malwarebytes - Free

Good and Free system security combination.

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Install all updates including Service Pack One: Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitor

Upload a screen shot: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable!:-

nvm62x64.sys Sat Oct 18 03:01:06 2008 (48F8FD12)
nVidia Ethernet Networking Driver (nForce chipset driver)
Driver Reference Table - nvm62x64.sys

mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 16:34:07 2009 (49A3CD1F)
MagicISO SCSI Host Controller driver
Driver Reference Table - mcdbus.sys

ASACPI.sys Thu Jul 16 09:31:29 2009 (4A5E9F11)
Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (a known BSOD maker in Win7 and Win8). Also a part of many Asus utilities (Win8 versions available from Windows Update as an Optional Update - but check Asus first!)
Driver Reference Table - ASACPI.sys

Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advance Mode while uninstalling which allows leftover registry removal:Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Perform a clean install of a driver following: How to Clean Left Over Driver Files with Driver Sweeper

AODDriver2.sys Tue Nov 5 01:47:26 2013 (5277F9CE)
AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard [br] Known BSOD issues in Win7[br][br]Part of AMD Fuel[br][br]Location: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys
Driver Reference Table - AODDriver2.sys

Quote:
AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems.

Quote:
Please uninstall all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from http://ati.amd.com (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure - Sysnative Forums

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Uninstall". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

Keep us posted.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
Debug session time: Mon Apr 14 02:38:06.962 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
Missing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Built by: 7600.17273.amd64fre.win7_gdr.130318-1... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328488-bsod-crashes-randomly-most-frequently-durring-shutdowns.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello and thanks in advance for your effort Mozilla browser works the best but still hangs Chrome and IE hang within a minute and become unresponsive 64 bit randomly BSOD hangs Vista once computer and frequently. One report says no anti virus installed but this is not true I pay for Avast and updated it regularly I have ran their scan but they want me to buy Optimize My PC for a year I distrust such ploys but would do this if you guys girls recommend Firewall I had avast firewall on and Windows off but at one point Windows clicked back on so were running I know this is bad so I changed Vista 64 bit computer hangs randomly and frequently. BSOD once to have Windows ON and Avast off but Dang it Avast is now back on I can't keep one off I am going to post so I do not lose this before a freeze but going to continue try to shut off windows firewall Will check back either from this computer or I have a second laptop running linus Precise puppy Abzurd

A:Vista 64 bit computer hangs randomly and frequently. BSOD once

Abzurdly Zane again
I did take successfully take down Windows firewall.

Another embarrassing action I did a few days ago was run Device managger and discovered TeredoTunneling Pseudo-interface was not working. I ran a windows find solution and *gasp* for first time in my life it worked! It said install a tun or dun... something?  I downloaded it but didn't write it down because I assumed I would be able to bring it up in device manager again but no! Teach me to not write things down.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592978/vista-64-bit-computer-hangs-randomly-and-frequently-bsod-once/
Relevancy 55.04%

So my computer has shut off far more than it should have in the last few weeks usually when I'm not using it Today it has shut down at least times once with a BSOD the other unsure of as I was not present for the event It does this randomly whether or not if I'm touching anything frequently, log MiniTool randomly included but far occuring BSOD too or just letting it BSOD occuring randomly but far too frequently, MiniTool log included sit for hours on end proudly displaying the desktop in its cluttered glory untouched Below is my MiniTool log with last events users part mem and installed programs I have a feeling it may have something to do BSOD occuring randomly but far too frequently, MiniTool log included with the synaptics software and or airmouse both of which I've experienced problems with in the past however only synaptics involved BSODs including preventing a proper startup of windows MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Jacob administrator on - - at Running from C Users Jacob Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate X Model HP Pavilion dv RD AV ABA Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source VSS User Description Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error calling routine IVssAsrWriterBackup GetVolumeComponents hr x The system cannot find the path specified Operation OnIdentify event Gathering Writer Data Context Execution Context ASR Writer Writer Class Id be cbe- fe- - c - BSOD occuring randomly but far too frequently, MiniTool log included aa fc Writer Name ASR Writer Writer Instance ID d e a -f c- - eb-c f d Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-CAPI User Description Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root certificate from lt http www download windowsupdate com msdownload update v static trustedr en D D DF F D DF DB CF A D C F C A crt gt with error This operation returned because the timeout period expired Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name svchost exe SysMain version time stamp x a bc Faulting module name sysmain dll version time stamp x a bdb Exception code xc Fault offset x ca Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time xsvchost exe SysMain Faulting application path svchost exe SysMain Faulting module path svchost exe SysMain Report Id svchost exe SysMain Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name chrome exe version time stamp x c Faulting module name chrome dll version time stamp x bc Exception code xc Fault offset x df Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xchrome exe Faulting application path chrome exe Faulting module path chrome exe Report Id chrome exe Error PM Source Bonjour Service User Description GetLargeResourceRecord opt optlen wrong Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program firefox exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID e Start Time d b b d Termination Time Application Path C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Report Id d be -cdb - e -bd - f c d System errors Error PM Source BugCheck User Description x f x x d x eac x c d C Windows MEMORY DMP - - Error PM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Error PM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Error PM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Error PM Source BugCheck User Description x a x xc d x e ec x C Windows MEMORY DMP - - Error PM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Error PM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Error PM Source BugCheck User Description x a x xc d x a c x C Windows MEMORY DMP - - Error PM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at PM on... Read more

A:BSOD occuring randomly but far too frequently, MiniTool log included

Check to see if the VSS (Volume Shadow Copy) is started.

Click on the Start orb , then type services in the Search programs and files box.

Services will appear above the search box, right click on it and select Run as administrator.

When Services opens scroll down and right click on Volume Shadow Copy, then click on Properties.

Under Startup type: click on the down arrow, then select Automatic (Delayed Start), then click on Apply.

Under Service status: click on Start.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584659/bsod-occuring-randomly-but-far-too-frequently-minitool-log-included/
Relevancy 55.04%

This phenomena is most noticeable when playing music - but it happens with all audio, whether over the Internet or internal files (jpg). The distortion is random (doesn't occur at the same spot in music if I play a tune over again). I have reinstalled the audio driver but no help. The only thing that works is if I shut down the computer or restart it. The distortion always stops when I do this and may not re-occur for a day or two. Any suggestions?

A:Audio randomly & frequently exhibits distortion/static

Is this a PC with Wi-Fi?

Noise/static/skipping/popping, etc has been a frequent complaint. Only problem, there is no "one fix" for the problem. Each has to be handled case by case.

Start with the free Latency Mon program and see what it shows.
Resplendence Software - LatencyMon: suitability checker for real-time audio and other tasks

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/395069-audio-randomly-frequently-exhibits-distortion-static.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Starting today my laptop has been BSODing about minutes after I log on normally It doesn't seem to be the result of some program being run as I only had Skype Steam and Google Chrome open each time and all of them were opened when I logged Computer no frequently created (0F4) to .dmp but started BSOD Randomly on not when the BSOD occured Also I Computer started to BSOD frequently but Randomly (0F4) no .dmp created have followed the Computer started to BSOD frequently but Randomly (0F4) no .dmp created advice of solutions in many forums and question boards similar to this one but to no avail I have noticed that there are no new dump files in the Minidump folder since a few months ago even though I have seen the BSOD about times today I have followed the instructions on how to configure dump settings already Also it seems that my computer is mostly fine in Safe Mode which I am in now However sometimes it will freeze and lock up where I can only turn it off by holding down the power button for a little while Unfortunately this is what occurs when I click the Upload File button in the Add Attachments screen I will see if I can upload the zip file out of safe mode as I should be able to do it in time before the BSOD If this is the case then my next post will have more info Any help is appreciated and thank you EDIT SF files below Actually I've noticed that Safe Mode does not handle as well as my regular computer should It is slower and freezes up more I suppose that makes sense BUT I have actually gotten about two BSODs in Safe Mode if I put it under a lot of pressure it freezes up badly and I leave it

A:Computer started to BSOD frequently but Randomly (0F4) no .dmp created

My computer freezes regardless of Safe Mode when I click "Choose File" in the Attachments screen, so I can't upload the SF .zip file. However, I got 1 dump file back after a BSOD, I think it was the one after I tried uploading an attachment under regular settings. I have some information on that. Also, I can simply copy/paste any info you need from the SF report to a reply in this thread, so let me know. Thanks!

EDIT: By power of flash drives and alternate computers, I have attached the SF zip file.

WhoCrashed

On Sat 11/30/2013 9:19:01 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\113013-27752-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA80079A4B30, 0xFFFFFA80079A4E10, 0xFFFFF80003BDA7B0)
Error: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313570-computer-started-bsod-frequently-but-randomly-0f4-no-dmp-created.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I had posted on this forum about 2 months ago and got my BSOD problem fixed that time,
After that, I got 1 BSOD after 2 weeks I guess, but then nothing again until 2 days ago

I ignored it that time but then it happened twice yesterday
and today it happened twice as well

I don't think I installed any new software lately, so I don't have an idea what might be causing it.
Any help welcome

A:BSOD occurring randomly and frequently in past 2 days.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
This bugcheck is generated when the kernel detects that critical kernel code or
data have been corrupted. There are generally three causes for a corruption:
1) A driver has inadvertently or deliberately modified critical kernel code
or data. See http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/kernel/64bitPatching.mspx
2) A developer attempted to set a normal kernel breakpoint using a kernel
debugger that was not attached when the system was booted. Normal breakpoints,
"bp", can only be set if the debugger is attached at boot time. Hardware
breakpoints, "ba", can be set at any time.
3) A hardware corruption occurred, e.g. failing RAM holding kernel code or data.
Arguments:
Arg1: a3a039d8a2d496fd, Reserved
Arg2: b3b7465ef552d2df, Reserved
Arg3: fffff88003970640, Failure type dependent information
Arg4: 0000000000000003, Type of corrupted region, can be
0 : A generic data region
1 : Modification of a function or .pdata
2 : A processor IDT
3 : A processor GDT
4 : Type 1 process list corruption
5 : Type 2 process list corruption
6 : Debug routine modification
7 : Critical MSR modification
Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

If those tests comes back as free from errors, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any. Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304792-bsod-occurring-randomly-frequently-past-2-days.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Lately I've been getting a BSOD with a stop: 0x0000003B error on my laptop. I've tried updating my graphics driver, running a sfc /scannow test, tried the applicable hotfix from the Microsoft website and nothing solves the issue.

Here are the contents of my windows/minidump/ folder: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...50BD2755%21107

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit on a SONY VAIO VPCEG11FX/B.

Thanks in advance for the help.

A:BSOD error 0x0000003B occurring randomly & frequently

Welcome, please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313768-bsod-error-0x0000003b-occurring-randomly-frequently.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am having some troubles with my computer because of this issue Now nearly daily my computer crashes and a BSOD appears Usually this problem wasn't this frequent it used to happen weekly though but now it's irritating I ignored it first because once a week isn't that much but now it's happening nearly daily here's my dump file I hope you can help me out please Thanks Detailed information regarding my PC Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor Manufacturer AMD Speed GHz Number of Cores CPU ID BFBFF FA Family Model A Stepping Revision BSOD a now, randomly, now for more frequently been occurring long time Video Card AMD Radeon HD Series Manufacturer ATI Chipset AMD Radeon HD Series Dedicated Memory GB Total Memory GB Pixel Shader Version Vertex Shader Version Hardware T amp L Yes Vendor ID Device ID Plug and Play ID VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Driver Version Memory GB Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium Edition Service Pack build -bit Service Pack Size BSOD randomly, been occurring for a long time now, now more frequently Bit Edition Home Premium Version Locale BIOS BIOS Date Ver Version American Megatrends Inc Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc Date Display Maximum Resolution x Sound Device AMD High Definition BSOD randomly, been occurring for a long time now, now more frequently Audio Device Driver Version Sound Device VIA High Definition Audio Driver Version DVD HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS ATA Device CD HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS ATA Device Drive Size GB Free GB Drive Size GB Free GB Browsers Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox x en-US Safari Software Java Flash DirectX NET QuickTime Adobe PDF Reader The file attached is the dump file the reply has the DM log collector report

A:BSOD randomly, been occurring for a long time now, now more frequently

DM Log Collector Report

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349989-bsod-randomly-been-occurring-long-time-now-now-more-frequently.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi there,

Lately, i've been receiving a lot of these blue screen errors, especially when browsing the internet (ie YouTube etc.), but not during playing games. Could someone please help me out here? it's driving me crazy.

I've attached multiple dump files, looking at the dump files it seems like ntoskml.exe is being problematic? There is also the occasional nVidia driver issue. I really don't know what to do though.

I have attached the minidump files relevant in the zip.

A:BSOD error 0x3b most frequently. Randomly occurring while browsing net

Yes, it is some issues with the networking.

Symantec Heuristics Driver is failing continuously. It causes issues with network.

Code:
fffff880`0a8cb958 fffff880`07b2c743Unable to load image \??\C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\NIS_20.2.0.19\Definitions\BASHDefs\20131101.003\BHDrvx64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BHDrvx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BHDrvx64.sys
BHDrvx64+0x10e743
Description here: Driver Reference Table - BHDrvx64.sys

Uninstall Norton and all Symentec products using Norton Removal tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Also, Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is failing, too.

Code:
fffff880`0e905a88 fffff880`07e23edbUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Rt64win7+0x7edb
Update it from Realtek ... Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program dated 2013/9/24.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311257-bsod-error-0x3b-most-frequently-randomly-occurring-while-browsing-net.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows 10 crashes frequently and randomly. No BSOD no error msgs. Happens about 30 times a day with no rhyme or reason
Please help
Elizabeth

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625738/windows-10-freezes-frequently-and-randomly-requiring-hard-restart/
Relevancy 53.75%

When it "turns off" the monitor goes black and my speaker loudly echoes whatever the last moment of sound was it got from the pc. All of my fans and leds still appear to be on as if my computer just stopped outputting.

A:pc randomly turns off

MEMTEST86 should be run on this system... RAM ( Memory ) Issues can cause this audio noise loop and black screen. Additionally a power supply that is not up to par can dip ( low voltage ) and cause a drop out of the system but it to stay running and black screen.What make/model computer or specs?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158218.0.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My pc just randomly turns off. I dont think it is over heating as i can turn it back on stay on for 30 mins - 1hour. It is not a BSOD, any help please.

A:Pc randomly turns off

usually a sign of a failing power supply what brand and model is yoru PC ? what size power supply does it have in watts? how old is the pc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-randomly-turns-off-353879.html
Relevancy 53.75%

hi my pc randomly turns off when i try to on it again it goes back off after about secs i then have to off the plugs for about mins to make the pc work again below is a hijackthis log please could someone advise me on other problems aswell thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on randomly! turns off pc Platform Windows XP SP pc turns off randomly! WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer pc turns off randomly! EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Apps Powercinema PCMService exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Kunal Mistry Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE RSHH XST HiJackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Packard Bell O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run SunJava... Read more

A:pc turns off randomly!

Log looks okay
Overheating perhaps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turns-off-randomly.605512/
Relevancy 53.75%

My OS is Windows ultimate bit I checked recent errors in the event viewer program and found this Log Name Application Source Application Error Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Maniatis-HPC-PC Description Faulting application name SearchIndexer exe version time stamp x a bcdd Faulting module name ESENT dll version time stamp x a bda f Exception code xc Fault offset x b Faulting process id xdb Faulting application start time x cc f a Faulting randomly off PC turns application path C Windows system SearchIndexer exe Faulting module path C Windows system ESENT dll Report Id f f - - e - - bb ddd dc Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt PC randomly turns off EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Maniatis-HPC-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt SearchIndexer exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt PC randomly turns off Data gt a bcdd lt Data gt lt Data gt ESENT dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a bda f lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt b lt Data gt lt Data gt db lt Data gt lt Data gt cc f a lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows system SearchIndexer exe lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows system ESENT dll lt Data gt lt Data gt f f - - e - - bb ddd dc lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Any suggestions

A:PC randomly turns off

Hi.
If you have any minidumps please follow these steps http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
Those are the instructions how to upload a minidump.
--------------------
In meantime check ur temps,with Core Temp
Or in BIOS,how? restart,repeatedly click delete or any other appropriate key until you see the enter setup message,check in there the CPU and System temps.
Also write ur complete system specs,as memory,cpu,graphic card,psu etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/168641-pc-randomly-turns-off.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I just built PC Randomly off Turns a new PC Its turning off randomly It has never done this until recently Its a fairly new computer I put it together about a week ago Everything on it is brand new I have a video of it crashing so that it can explain itself better Any help would appreciated Move to h t t p www youtube com watch v l KnBQ WgE had to seperate to post Video may still be finalizing Should be done quickly ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name HAZERADE-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer PC Randomly Turns off System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD Phenom tm PC Randomly Turns off II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Motherboard ASUS M A nbsp

A:PC Randomly Turns off

hmmm, does this problem happen when you've been using the computer for a long time? if so, it may be the proc overheating and shutting itself down. Try reseating the heatsink / reapplying thermal paste on the processor, hopefully that will help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-randomly-turns-off.137141/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm having a problem with my new build, it keeps turning itself off at random times without warning. There's no specific pattern that I have noticed. Sometimes it won't even stay on long enough for me to reach the bios, and other times it will go all the way into my windows vista and stay on for a while. The first time I boot it up it was on for a good 4 hours, then it shut off. Turned it back on and it stayed on for like 2 hours. Now I'm at a point where its turning off at random times. What could be the problem?

==>EVGA NVIDIA nForce 750i FTW SLI ATX
==>Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz
==>EVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
==>mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
==>Western Digital 500GB 7200 RPM
==>LOGISYS 650W

A:PC turns off randomly

WE are using very similar parts in our rigs but your pc cutting out could be a list of things. Anything from bios setup, drivers for numerous things and even bad wiring or memory setup. Without knowing what you have done to this machine it's very hard to tell and this kind of problem is a process of elimination. Tell us what you have installed and anything you altered in bios. If you overclocking it, then it's no wonder but odds are it's your bios or memory, possibly a driver. Set the bios to defeault or reset the Cmos on the board to reset it, install this Nvidia driver here
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Restart following Nvidia instructions and see how it runs. Beyond that you may want to adjust your memory and try setting it a lower frequency. Many think higher speed ram is best but it's actually not, will read higher on Vista only because of latency. I run 667mhz ram unlinked and set to 533mhz in bios and then matches the cpu internal freq of 266mhz (q6600). You have double that. If you overclocking the ram is what will get you 1st, and god only knows what your timings are. Try the bios reset and make sure oyu have the correct Nvidia driver and then see how it's going.

EDIT: I just realized something very important and more regarding your memory you are using.. you can't install 1066mhz ram on a 750i! You can get it up to 1066 overclocked but you can only use 800mhz ram!! Scratch the rest of my advice, you need 667 or 800mhz ram and that is why your system is shutting down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turns-off-randomly.744270/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have a LG W2243S flatron and a new medion MD8855 computer running windows 7 which both have been working fine...and yet the monitor for no aparant reason and with no warning turns off!! the red on/off light goes out completely the LG symbol comes up and the monitor turns off, you just saait and wait and it comes on again, Ihave plugged unplugged I have checked for latest drivers, all up to date because as I say it is new.

While writng this it has turned off 8 times!!
Please suggestions?

Thankyou regards

Julie

A:Monitor turns off randomly

First you need to try the monitor on another computer. If it works on another computer then your problem is most likely the video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-turns-off-randomly.150203/
Relevancy 52.89%

I know there is a topic that addresses this already but I have some computer-specific questions related to the procedure advice that is given in the other thread I have a IBM ThinkCentre Ghz machine that is randomly shutting itself off It appears to be an overheating issue The other post recommends checking the fans I see two fans in there they both work but does anyone know how many fans there are in this machine it s a tower Is there a hidden fan that isn t working or is it just the two I can see Second if the heatsink has a thermal pad do I still need to apply a new layer of thermal paste Third what temperature should a computer run at The other My off computer turns itself randomly post included a link to a diagnostic tool but I don t have any benchmark for comparing my computer Also if the computer shuts down when it gets hot how can I use the tool Thanks for your help nbsp

A:My computer turns itself off randomly

computer shuts off randomly

Do you mean that if I just leave the computer sitting there after it has shut down, it will turn back on after 5-10 minutes? When the computer does its "I'm turning myself off in the middle of a process" routine, the mouse, keyboard, harddrive, all that junk turn off, but the power light remains on. Will it restart after it cools down? Also, when I try to restart the computer, it will get to the desktop, then shut down. It does get by the BIOS and loadup screens, though. Is this normal for an overheating issue? Finally, what kind of issues could it be with RAM? Are there any tests/diagnostic tools to check?

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-turns-itself-off-randomly.99865/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I am new to this website so I am not sure whether this is the correct forum to post this thread; but here goes.

I recently tried to install some new RAM into my computer and noticed a problem; basically it wouldn't work at all. So after doing a bit of research I found out that it wasn't the right type for my computer. So I removed it. ]

Everything seemed fine until about 2 days later when my computer turned off randomly, without me shutting it down. I thought it could be the computer overheating so I lifted of the shell and cooled it for a bit. Not the problem, even without the shell on it still turns off. I have changed my PSU cable and still not working.

I have a Fujitsu Scaleo P. Any suggestions?

A:Computer randomly turns itself off

Have you done antivirus and antispyware scans recently, they can cause your pc to turn off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-turns-itself-off.48576/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I've been having this problem for quite awhile now, everynow and again seemingly random my computer will turn of completely then startup again. At first I thought it was a powersupply issue, but after getting a new one I ruled that out. Then I thought it was due to power surgers so I got a surge protector to rule that out. So now I have no idea. The shutdowns do not happen when the computer is under alot of stress. Sometimes I can leave my computer on for days and it will never happen. Any ideas?
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2
Gigabyte 965P-S3
4G of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB
Speakers (Creative SB Audigy 4)
1TB SATA Drive C (Main Drive)
120GB IDE Drive D
120GB IDE Drive

A:Computer randomly turns of

How big is your power supply, and what brand?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-turns-of.949649/
Relevancy 52.89%

I don t know what randomly. on/off Turns Screen the problem is with my computer I attempted to fix it by just reformatting however it did not fix a thing I would be things on my computer like surf the web or click Screen Turns on/off randomly. around folders on desktop mycomputer my screen will randomly turn black for - seconds then back on sometimes it simultaneously does it and it gets extremely irritating After I reformatted Screen Turns on/off randomly. everything was fine and nothing turned off However I came back home from school today and it just continuously goes black for a few seconds then back on I also attempted using Symantec AV to see if it was a virus I have no infections Also when I play games such as CS it won t turn black at all I don t know if this is some issue with hardware or whatever can someone please help me resolve this Thanks in advance Oh and I forgot sometimes when I try to do something my computer will freeze for a second and restart its self My setup Intel E Gigabyte p-ds rev gigs of ram BFG GT W PSU nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I'll start with a brief description of my PC. It's a 2400XP with a 400W Q-tec PSU, running Win2K with SP4. I've got ZA free, AVG free, spywareblaster, spywareguard, adaware and spybot as well.

My PC was running fine until a wire stopped the fan from turning, and the CPU overheated a couple of times, and hence turned itself off after an audible alarm. I've sorted this out, and set the fan speed to max, but the PC now regularly turns off with no alarm. It even does it when I use a floppy boot disc and leave it at the A prompt!! Most of the time it turns off after about a minute, but occasionally it will run for a few hours.

Please can anyone suggest where I should look to sort out this problem, as it's driving me mad?

Many thanks in advance, Chris.

A:Computer turns off randomly

Sounds like a hardware problem. Could be the Power Supply or an issue with the Mother Board. Or you may have fried the CPU or a memory chip.

I would replace the Power Supply first and then if that doesn't fix it, test the Memory chips to see if they have any errors.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5033/computer-turns-off-randomly/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys I was wondeing if anyone could give me a explanation for why my computer randomly turns off Off Randomly Turns Computer after - h of it being on The computer will boot up fine load all programs like normal - i can start a game or word doc and work with those for a bit but then the computer Computer Randomly Turns Off randomly turns itself off It wont turn back on straight away unless i turn it off on at the back and unplug-plug it back in Now I ve concluded from tests that it is Computer Randomly Turns Off not the PSU PSU tester or a temperature problem I ve monitored my CPU - doesnt go over C but not tested the MOBO temp - case temp is about - C My specs are ASUS P - SE P GHz GB DDR RAM GB HDD W Coolermaster PSU MB Radeon PRO AGP Soundblaster I was wondering it could be bad RAM or MOBO - how could I test each component exclusively Does it matter that the RAM MB are in slots and of BTW I installed GOW around the time this problem started but did a system restore Any help would be much appreciated and merry xmas to all nbsp

A:Computer Randomly Turns Off

Asus boards are usually pretty reliable but a visual inspection to check for damaged capacitors might reveal something - I have had the same symptoms before and it was either the main board or the capacitors in the PSU (Tested OK as well!) that caused the problem. Try another PSU if no fat caps on the motherboard - do NOT under any circumstances muck about with the caps in the PSU - there's almost enough volts in them to kill! No kidding....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-turns-off.95000/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have a Dell inspiron laptop with a windows OS A few weeks ago I turns randomly off Computer had set down my laptop on my bed and had fallen asleep only to awaken and see that it had turned off I Computer turns off randomly thought nothing of it then believing it simply overheated but it s happened a few times since then Today I had set my laptop down on a Computer turns off randomly glass table and I fell asleep on the sofa there only to wake up four hours later with the laptop off Again I believed it was a heating problem but turning it on and going to the pool I would return one hour later to see that it was off once more It s strange because it doesn t turn off when I am at it and doing something on the laptop but if I turn away form it there is a chance that I may find it off when I return It cannot be that someone is turning it off as I live by myself Every time I turn it on after finding it off it takes me to the Windows Error Recovery black page at the beginning Could this be a heating problem or something else Thank you very much

Hello,

More than likely it IS an over heating issue started or aggravated by leaving it on the bed. That tends to block tightly the air ports in or out that vent the CPU and GPU.

The startup screen you note occurs after a crash so its not going to sleep or hibernation. You should check the power settings anyway and turn off any power saving features while your testing and switch to high performance. This should make the issue occur faster as well. Watch a movie or play a game to heat things up faster.

If that doesn't identify the cause let us know. If it does crash look to cleaning the vents with a vacuum, open the bottom panels and check for lint or dirty heatsinks and fan. if your lucky the thermal past is still good no balled solder issues.
Good luck,
Zen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463619/computer-turns-off-randomly/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've had this problem for a while now. On my laptop there is a light that indicates that the wifi is turned on. The light randomly turns off and my internet stops working. The only way I can turn it back on is to restart. I've tried going to Connect To on the Start menu and then to Wireless Network Connection. When the wifi light has turned off, the Wireless Network Connection window will not open for me to try to repair or reconnect. It seems like a problem with Windows, as the wireless connection and strength are fine and all other computers continue working. I've run security software thinking it may be a virus, but the problem continues. I have no other ideas and no idea what's going on. I'm getting frustrated having to restart over and over again, please help!

A:Wifi randomly turns off

See if you can download the latest drivers for your wireless network adapter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-randomly-turns-off-415767.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I have a Maxtor OneTouch II 300gb external hard drive. It works fine sometimes, but there's times when it turns off/on quickly (I don't mean off/on, I mean it is recognized by the computer, then it isn't). Sometimes this cycles over and over (as the 'new device found' sound repeats) Sometimes it gives Delayed Write Failed error msgs too. It seems to shut off randomly though, even when I'm not active on any of the computers I've hooked it up to. Wondering if there's any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance-
Mike

Relevancy 52.89%

What's the first step in Computer randomly turns off figuring out what's wrong It has two Computer randomly turns off brand new mm fans When it started doing this last weekend I thought it was overheating so I got it new fans but the problem has persisted What else can I check and how It's a custom built PC originally built in It's running windows bit AMD Phenom Quad-Core processor GHz GB memory AMD Radeon R Series graphics card Seagate TB SATA HDD MSI DKA GX Motherboard PSU WATT ATX V EDIT Looking in the Custom log reveals Kernel errors Tried to run use windows diagnostic to check the memory and it only got to complete no errors detected yet before shutting down with another error This leads me to believe it's not memory since it had the error during the test and my assumption would be the memory wouldn't be in use that way if it were attempting to check it is this correct How can I find out which part it is If it's the PSU or Motherboard etc IF it's a faulty PSU what do I need to check when buying a new one to make sure it's compatible to my motherboard

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601049/computer-randomly-turns-off/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm trying to help someone with their Pavilion - desktop and have come up with some mysteries nbsp Inital problem was that it would turn off then back on randomly nbsp Eventually it appears to have crashed a boot file and the typical Recovery method brought you right back to the UEFI screen nbsp So after making a clone of the drive to make sure I had all the user files I did a clean install from turns on Randomly and Machine off the Recovery disks nbsp Initally the rebuild failed and message said to repeat the installation nbsp Finally got the OS from the drives Machine Randomly turns on and off installed nbsp Inital check shows all of the fans running and the machine is reasonably clean nbsp System diag checks all pass nbsp But the machine is still turning on and off Machine Randomly turns on and off nbsp First mystery is that the system checks show the one GB DIMM in Slot nbsp Is slot the primary slot for the - nbsp I can't fnd any documentation nbsp Second mystery is when doing a disk check I see that of the TB drive is not allocated nbsp The install disks left a small partition at the begining of the drive unalocated nbsp Small partition for OS gap small partition Machine Randomly turns on and off for the BUILDPART and then a huge unalocated section nbsp What's up with this nbsp And when I dig a little deeper I find here that the correct BIOS should be from but this machine shows from back in nbsp Is there a typo someplace or did HP or MSI go backwards with their BIOS numbering nbsp So anyone have any thoughts nbsp Primary questions are nbsp Known issues with Pavilion machines randomly turning off and on What is the primary memory slot nbsp Should the one stick be in slot Why the bizarre drive allocation from the official HP Recovery disks What is the latest BIOS version for this machine nbsp I will be upgrading it to Win once I get it up and running nbsp Thx nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Machine-Randomly-turns-on-and-off/td-p/5662865
Relevancy 52.89%

For some reason my sound either mutes or is lowered when I play team fortress 2. I thought this was just a game problem, but now it randomly goes off for no reason at all. I tried fiddling with the device properties and that just makes the sound go out as well. My built-in mic isn't working either.

I tried re-installing the drivers from dell's website but they don't fix anything. Should I just go back to XP or vista?

A:Sound randomly turns off

Hi Eshros and welcome,

You might set the communications property to "Do nothing" and see if it still does it.

Attachment 3312

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/2568-sound-randomly-turns-off.html
Relevancy 52.89%

HI im having problems with my computer it turns off randomly sometimes even after like minutescan anyone please help mehere is my Hijack This log fileLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System randomly Help Computer turns off svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC WINDOWS Help Computer turns off randomly system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ Help Computer turns off randomly exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM USRshutA exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Documents and Settings anuvir Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dllO - HKLM Run USRpdA C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exe RunServices Device cpipe-USRpdAO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI... Read more

A:Help Computer turns off randomly

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244765/help-computer-turns-off-randomly/
Relevancy 52.89%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Randomly Computer turns My off saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeC Windows MHotKey exeC Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Windows CNYHKey exeC Program Files x Northstar SmartCopy SmartCopy exeC Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exeC Program Files x Northstar SmartLauncher SmartLauncher exeC Program Files x Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files x McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Windows ChiFuncExt exeC Program Files x Kiwee Toolbar kwtbaim My Computer Randomly turns off exeC Windows ModLedKey exeC Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files My Computer Randomly turns off x Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exec PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcshell exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACG amp m lx - R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACG amp m lx - R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACG amp m lx - R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AIM Toolbar Search Class - f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - C Program Files x AIM Toolbar aimtb dllR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files x AskBarDis bar bin askBar dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Kiwee Toolbar - A DE- - - A E-AE E B B F - C Program Files x Kiwee Toolbar KiweeIEToolbar dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO AIM Toolbar Loader - b cda -b - eef-a - a ac dbf - C Program Files x AIM Toolbar aimtb dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program ... Read more

A:My Computer Randomly turns off

anyone know?Hello DarkxDonnie,While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large, as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Athough our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.Thank you for understanding.Regards,The weatherman (Moderator)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265319/my-computer-randomly-turns-off/
Relevancy 52.89%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Windows MHotKey exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows CNYHKey exe C Program Files x Northstar SmartCopy My computer turns off Randomly SmartCopy exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files x Northstar SmartLauncher SmartLauncher exe C Program Files x Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe My computer Randomly turns off C Program Files x McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ChiFuncExt exe C Program Files x Kiwee Toolbar kwtbaim exe C Windows ModLedKey exe C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files x Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcshell exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m lx - R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com My computer Randomly turns off R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp My computer Randomly turns off amp d amp m lx - R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m lx - R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AIM Toolbar Search Class - f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - C Program Files x AIM Toolbar aimtb dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files x AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Kiwee Toolbar - A DE- - - A E-AE E B B F - C Program Files x Kiwee Toolbar KiweeIEToolbar dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO AIM Toolbar Loader - b cda -b - eef-a - a ac dbf - C Program Files x AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-randomly-turns-off.869700/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, ive been having this problem for a while but it is not constant. My computer will simply turn off randomly. Sometimes i can go for hours and hours of gaming and it will be fine so ive ruled out over heating as an issue. It was suggested that maybe a slot of RAM had become faulty causing my computer to turn off.

Today i decided to test my RAM by running high demanding programs hopefully causing my computer to switch off. Then i would take out a single slot of RAM to see if that was the problem. The thing is ive been running programs all day and my system hasn't shut off once. I know should be patient but to be honest this is taking the piss.

If anyone has had this sort of problem and could share some information on what may be causing the problem then please help.

A:Computer turns off Randomly

Sorry to hear re your issues with your PC. I have similar issues myself with random shutdowns. They can be very frustrating as well as hard to pinpoint.

Best thing to do is to highlight any other troubleshooting steps you have taken, any errors you have seen and follow this link as it will help more technically minded help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

It is a sticky at the top re bluescreens. Run those files and post them and maybe someone may be able to help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-turns-off-randomly-483169.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I don't know what got into my pc. It was running fine and then 3 days ago, it started randomly shutting down.
The times when it shut down:

-Just when i started rendering something in sony vegas
-During minecraft

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3071 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 300002 MB, Free - 127998 MB; D: Total - 247211 MB, Free - 117505 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5W
Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Any ideas why? NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.

Relevancy 52.89%

My Aero will just randomly turn off, even when I have it plugged into the wall and have it on "High performance" setting. It's really annoying because I don't particularly like the look of Vista Basic, only use it when I am doing something that I am not paying so much attention to the look or care as much (and want to save battery).

Also my COM Surrogate (i think thats wut its called) regularly has errors when I run videos/etc. This is a new thing, did not used to happen...

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone. I'm having some problems with my computer shutting down randomly. No BSOD. I just reset the BIOS and removed a single GPU, so I am no longer in SLI mode.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Specs below

Attachment 201223

Mind if I ask what steps you've taken so far? Given that you are one of the more advanced users, I do not want to post steps that have already been taken, i.e. temperature monitoring, checking for dust, etc. Especially since you put me through those steps when I first started on here, so I know that you know what to look for there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217542-computer-turns-off-randomly.html
Relevancy 52.89%

The title is pretty self-explanatory. Occasionally, my audio will randomly disable itself (as in, the volume doesn't change but the audio is muted). Additionally, whenever my audio turns off, any video or song (as in, youtube videos and songs from iTunes and Zune) slow down dramatically. So, I cannot "watch" text either, because the video is playing at around .25x speed. Whenever it does happen, it is normally after I unplug my headset, but it doesn't happen every time I unplug it. Finally, it is beginning to happen more randomly. I will be watching a video and as soon as I pause it, the audio disables. Any idea what's going on?

A:Audio Randomly Turns off

Yes. Software is causing it to bug out.

Best thing you can do is update the software and drivers to all that you use, to latest. Some software tends to control the whole Windows audio stack when you start it, like some Cyberlink software. It can mute or dictate Windows volume.

For good measure, also install latest bios.

Test the system without headset attached at all after, if necessary, to see if that is the main cause still.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/42128-audio-randomly-turns-off.html
Relevancy 52.89%

it all started when i changed my x1050 radeon for a geforce 8500 gt video card..... then all this started happening... oddly a friend of mine also has vista and has the same problem when he used his galaxy geforce card... any help would be great and sorry for the trouble

Relevancy 52.89%

Ok this is the weirdest problem i have ever seen i'm a computer technician myself and have no idea how to proceed here my mom's computer has been randomly shutting itself off for about a week now i checked the power settings and it wasn't set to shut off at a certain time so i suspected an overheating cpu or too much drain on the psu then later that day it shut off and wouldn't boot up anyore it would get about halfway through post no beep codes xp Windows turns into 98?!? randomly and then return to the page that asks if you want to boot into safe mode or normal mode it was like on a loop after Windows xp randomly turns into 98?!? opening up the case i found out that there was plenty of power but that the cpu fan the one on the heatsink was SO clogged with dust it would barley move after i cleaned that out i disconnected one hard drive Windows xp randomly turns into 98?!? the secondary drive and cleaned it off because it was also caked with dust i connected it back exactly the way it was and didn't change any jumpers or cable placing i reconnected the power and tried to boot it it booted just fine into windows i don't have on this computer it's a windows xp with sp what on earth please help

A:Windows xp randomly turns into 98?!?

ok addendum...

i fixed the booting into 98 problem. but xp is still not booting. there is a blue screen error but it dissapears to quick for me to read any of it. it is constantly looping back from the window logo screen to the pick a mode to boot in screen. i hit tab to watch the post and it gets about halfway through before restarting. still no beep codes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-randomly-turns-into-98-a-318703.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently installed my hardware components in a new case along with a new hard drive and a new power supply unit. Since the installation everything seemed to be running smoothly, except for the fact that my computer shuts down randomly. When I play Far Cry 2 my computer shuts down consistently after about 20 minutes, and with casual PC use my computer shuts down after about 90 minutes. My guesses for this problem is that there is something wrong with my power supply, despite the fact that it got very good reviews, my motherboard is shot, or some component that is connected to my mobo is overheating. If anyone knows how I can solve this problem, that would be greatly appreciated!

PC Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.7GHz
GPU: XFX Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139007
Mobo: Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe

A:Computer Randomly Turns Off

Yes JoeM076,
I would say that the Corsair is a great power supply! You have an Asus motherboard. Could it have been damaged by static while moving it into another case. Is everything snug and connected securely? What about properly cleaning the old thermal paste off and reseating the CPUs heatsink and fan. How are the case fans? Are they running freely?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-turns-off.115385/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey folks My new computer one month old recently started turning itself off seemingly at random while playing Computer randomly turns off a game surfing the web etc At first I thought it Computer turns off randomly might be a faulty PSU video card or mobo so I took my rig into the guys who built it for me and they replaced the video card This didn t solve the problem I took it back and this time since they too were baffled they kindly gutted my machine and replaced every part or so they say including the video card mobo and PSU In fact they upgraded the mobo to a higher-end model as Computer turns off randomly their way of saying sorry Everything seems to be running a lot smoother and the shutdowns are happening a whole lot less often - only once since I brought it home from the most recent repair attempt In my book though once is still one time too many I ve done my fair share of research on the issue and advice on the matter seems to range from a bad video card mobo or PSU to Windows XP being finnicky to a loose stick of RAM Needless to say I am stumped and so are the guys who built this machine for me So with that said I turn it over to you - the real experts Help me Obi Wan Kenobi You re my only hope System specs as far as Everest and my uneducated eyes will tell me are OS Windows XP Pro SP BIOS Award CPU x Intel Pentium III Xeon MHz x Mobo ID -P -W DHG- A OA LC- PSU One Power PS Premium AC In V A V- A Hz Hz DC Out V V V V - V V Video NVIDIA GeForce GT MB HD ST AS GB IDE RAM MB INA Generic Marvell Yukon E based Ethernet Controller Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Mouse PS Compatible nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I m a new PC builder and only know the very basics I just built a new computer and at ran into a few problems My specs are Case Antec P fans MB Asrock coredual-vsta CPU Intel e ghz RAM GB Kingston DDR VGA NVIDIA GS edit HD GB Seagate IDE PSU Thermaltake W I connected everything don t know much about PSU just connected them all I m a bit ignorant about the whole voltage thing and at first it works fine I let it load and do the disk format thing when installing XP and leave it on while I fell asleep Few hours later the computer is off I turn it on and it turns off a few seconds later with nothing on the screen Tried New Computer Off Turns Randomly turning it on around five times and the same thing happens I leave it alone and look on the internet for some solutions and then tried again The computer works fine for around minutes and then shuts down again I try again New Computer Turns Off Randomly and then it shuts down few seconds later I turn it on in the next hour and it lasts for - hours before shutting down again I look online with people with similar problems and ones saying its the CPU the other says its the PSU motherboard or RAM I don t know who to listen to I downloaded Speedfan and Core Temp and ones telling me around C I freak out go to the BIOS and set the CPU clock speed down Now its running at GHz and its still pretty high speedfan C when idle C when load coretemp C when idle and C when load I think its the CPU because when I installed it I accidentally lifted the heatsink maybe trapping air in the thermal grease Also the heatsink caps that lock onto the motherboard are not fully down because the other two won t go all the way down even though its attached to the MB just not securely Can anyone please tell me if its the MB CPU or PSU Kind of low on cash and can only afford to buy some thermal paste to reattach the heatsink By the way my computers running around hours so far without shutting off completely Edit One more thing everyone keeps mentioning the computer making beeps when it boots up but mines makes no noise The only thing that makes noise is the DVD drive and the fans The computer works though nbsp

A:New Computer Turns Off Randomly

Remove the CPU's heatsink and clean all the thermal paste off. Apply new paste and assemble the heatsink on the CPU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-turns-off-randomly.81153/
Relevancy 52.89%

I ve always been running on A C power but lately my computer loses power for no reason It s not that it shuts down but instead it just turns off like it suddenly lost power I thought maybe my charger was dying so I bought one from HP but that hasn t changed anything My randomly My laptop off turns battery hasn t worked in a really really long time so I never put it in the laptop anymore I tried the computer in the outlets in my bedroom and in the library and I got the same results Sometimes the power shuts off as the computer is booting other times it lets me get to the home screen and I can play on the computer on a while before it loses power I always keep my laptop on top of a chill pad Although I ve noticed my fan doesn t turn on when I turn on my computer Is it suppose to My laptop randomly turns off Also I think I might have heard a noise from my fan How can I be sure it s the fan I have a HP G US I bought it in It s running off Windows Vista Service Pack nbsp

A:My laptop randomly turns off

The laptop is definitely old enough for some service. It is possible that the cooling fan is worn out and/or dirty... if the fan is not running properly, the laptop will sense a over-heating condition and it will turn off. Have the laptop serviced and new batteries are cheap enough on EBay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-randomly-turns-off.177610/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an Acer Aspire 4730z laptop, and recently it has been turning off (as if someone unplugged the power cable from a desktop) after short periods of use. It turns off when doing no particular task, but it just does it after 10-40 minute periods of time. It doesn't seem to have this problem in Safe-mode.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be wrong? My current belief is that some component of the computer is faulty and its causing an instant shutdown. Also, the laptop didn't always do this, but only started to after a couple months of use. I also don't think that it is overheating because I've tried my best at keeping the computer in a cool environment.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
-Mac

A:My Laptop randomly turns off

A laptop shutting down is usually caused by overheating. Blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Make sure there is ventilation to the bottom of the laptop. Use a laptop cooler. Also, remove the battery and run it on the power adapter only. If that works, then the battery may need to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-randomly-turns-off-648681.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Over the past couple of days my computer has just been shutting down randomly. I feel like it might be because its overheating but my dad says its not. Could something be wrong with the fan in the computer?

A:Computer sometimes randomly turns off?!?!

What are the specs of the pc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-sometimes-randomly-turns-off.860325/
Relevancy 52.89%

hello, i have problems with my computer, its just randomly turning off. i dont really know what it could be since there is no error or something, it just turns off :S

any ideas what it could be?

thanks.

A:[SOLVED] randomly turns off

just a suggestion,

can you get into your pc's bios, to boot up in safe mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-randomly-turns-off-605888.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I am using an HP e-pc machine which uses a small form factor motherboard and recently it simply switches off with no warning what so ever Seems to happen more off Computer turns randomly often when running intense applications I m unable to reboot it using the power switch I have to manually unplug the cable and plug Computer randomly turns off it back in at the back to get it to turn on It ll switch off in dos in the bios menu and in windows no bsod or anything similar I thought it was a heat issue however after ensuring the heatsink fan were properly set then leaving the case open and hainvg a second fan blow at it it still turns itself off This is a pentium III machine and unfortunately there are no temperature gauges in the bios and I don t everest doesn t recognise any either The power supply is an external one similar to a laptop power supply design using a v A I am not normally able to keep it running for over an hour Thanks in advance Louis nbsp

A:Computer randomly turns off

Since you've determined its not a heating issue, it could be a power supply issue. Do you have another power supply you could test?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-turns-off.503038/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi my computer about weeks old brought custom made for me at cobra computers and it runs fine and dandy till i decide to play any sort of game from latest s to old s it turns off randomly without warning and error message till i load up and comes up with options how to start windows up saying it turned off to protect vital data but doesnt give reason but doesnt always happen which is the weird problem i done every test i could from benchmarking to malware checking all thats fine the temprature of all my components hardly reach c when i play for example empire total war on full spec and x it reaches about c- c here my specfications microsoft windows home off turns computer randomly premuim edition direct x amd athlon II x asustek computer inc model m n se nvidia chipset nforce a ddr mb x gb is crucial technology other is nanya technology gcard nvidia geforce gts mb computer turns off randomly gddr nbsp

A:computer turns off randomly

Take it back to Cobra Computers and ask them fix the problem. It is just too young to work like that.
I think it's the power....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-off-randomly.913605/
Relevancy 52.89%

My Hp Pavilion Notebook has started randomly turning off today. It happened 2 times today and once yesterday. It basically just shuts off as it would if i held the power button down, and then restarts on it's own. It brings up a black screen saying that the system wasn't responding and shows options to start in safe mode or whatever (i'm sure you know the one i mean). My laptop is just over a month old so i don't understand why this is happening. I don't think it's an overheating problem because i have a cooling pad which i always use. My laptops been running around 40C all day, which isn't any different from any other day. Any insights on what the problem could be?

A:New-ish Laptop Randomly Turns Off

Send it back for a refund. That sounds like a hardware failure, and HP doesn't have a very good record of fixing hardware problems permanently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/118635-new-ish-laptop-randomly-turns-off.html
Relevancy 52.89%

A family member has reported that her computer eventually randomly shuts off often in sleep mode I've run the followings antivirus programs Norton Securty the antivirus installed on the CPU Norton Power Eraser AdwCleaner this found HKCU registry conduit JunkwareRemoval and MBAM Besides the conduit line AdwCleaner found everything else comes out negative So either this is a crazy virus or something with the computer itself I caught Randomly Computer Turns off the CPU turning Computer Turns off Randomly off randomly When I turned it back on the screen saying that the CPU did not turn off right and window error recovery showed up I chose to start up normally and Windows reported the attached picture file I just took a screenshot of the window I've no idea what minidump and the oher file is but I'm guessing minidump has to do with memory Here's the last error report as well Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date PM Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Computer Turns off Randomly Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem some files may no longer be available - - dmp sysdata xml Extra information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA BCP FFFFF B C D BCP FFFFFA C D OS Version Service Pack Product So to close I'm lost and need the saving of you kind folks thank you EDIT I dug through the computer's past error reports Windows unexpectedly shutting down first started June It looks like it became more and more consistent and problematic through time and here we are today Here's the first error report Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date PM Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem some files may no longer be available - - dmp sysdata xml Extra information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA DFF BCP FFFFF B C D BCP FFFFFA C D OS Version Service Pack Product

A:Computer Turns off Randomly

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569222/computer-turns-off-randomly/
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay, so I've been experiencing this problem for about five months but i only realized it was doing it on it's own in the last two months. at midnight, every single night (unless i use the computer during midnight), my computer randomly turns itself on. i don't know why it does this and i haven't set it to do it (like an alarm or something like that) so i have no idea why it's doing that. can someone please help me ?

A:Computer randomly turns on at midnight ! Help ??

It's turning on from Standby, Hibernate or from completety off???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-turns-on-at-midnight-help.863217/
Relevancy 52.46%

Sometimes my computer turns off by itself without shutting windows down. It doesn't restart itself. I have just put a new-ish power supply and it's done it now with the new PSU as well as with the old.

I checked the event viewer and this is what I get: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Source: Kernel-Power
Event ID: 41

If anyone wants more details I can post a screenshot...

My CPU is sitting at around 37 degrees celsius, it's max is supposed to be around the 80 degree mark.

It shuts down sometimes when I have 4+ browser windows open.

I will try to post my system specs soon, and I'm sorry that this post is a bit disjointed, I typed things as they came to me.

Any help will be much appreciated.

A:PC randomly turns off without closing windows.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270214-pc-randomly-turns-off-without-closing-windows.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

When I am using my Vista laptop, it will occasionally turn itself off/ I think it is actually going to standby/hibernate because when it turns back on, the things I had open are still there. The laptop is always plugged into the wall when I am using it so I don't think it is a power issue.

Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi this is my st post so bare with me i m running a xp Barton amd GB of corsair value ram a radeon Pro Mb watt power supply on an asus A N X-E Deluxe motherboard Basically whats happening is that the PC is randomly no Computer itself off for turns reason? just randomly powering down for no reason just like sum pulling the plug on it and i have to pull the power cord out of the back and wait for a few seconds to turn the thing back on but its only doing it when i m playing games on a reasonably high res but its starting to get worse on the lower spec games aswell now does any have any ideas as to why its doing thins currently i m thinking its either the power supply which is about months old the graphics card about months or the ram stick about months and the other about any information or any with the same problem anything would b useful Thanks J nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

And sometimes won t turn back on for a while turns off... randomly Computer Solved: At first I thought there might be a short in one of the connections inside or maybe a dieing power supply Those might still be true but I remembered that this started after I told my computer to quot sleep quot after hours That is when it began randomly crashing I ve already turned off sleep but the problem persists My computer will just randomly die Sometimes when I hit the power button after this happens it turns on for a second fans spin lights come on but it dies again before it even gets to the bios Every time it has died it has been when it wasn t in use i e when it was at its lowest level of power consumption Games play fine All my drivers are up to date that I know Solved: Computer randomly turns off... of Any ideas I don t want to take apart my computer if this is a bug in windows nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I have a custom built pc that was built for me around Its had its days but is still a pretty good computer Since about from the beginning minutes on CPU randomly off - turns shuts ~10-15 after of it began to just randomly shut down CPU randomly shuts off - turns on after ~10-15 minutes At first I would be able to hit the power button and the computer would turn on immediately However - now it takes around minutes for it to quot cool quot down before its able to be turned on In CPU randomly shuts off - turns on after ~10-15 minutes addition i have to turn the main power button in the back of the computer off before im forced to wait minutes for it to turn on again I have tried clicking the power button in the back back and forth and then try the power button in the front but all i get is just a small enough jolt of energy to get the motherboard light on before it poops out again After success my computer will stay on ranging anywhere from about min to most of the day but i can only assume its going to get worse until it will never turn on again Im thinking this is a problem with the power supply Thank you all for your help Here are the specs AMD Athlon Processor GHz MB of RAM MAXTOR L J Disc GB MSI Ms- motherboard RADEON graphics card Antec W power supply model PP- XP HWMonitor Results PUID Hardware Monitor ----------------------------------------------------- Mainboard Vendor MSI Mainboard Model MS- x E - x F D LPCIO ----------------------------------------------------- Vendor Winbond Model W HF Vendor ID x CA Chip ID x Revision ID x Config Mode I O address x E Dump config mode register space LDN xB A B C D E F FF FF FF FF FF FF FF B FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FE C FF C FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF Hardware monitor ----------------------------------------------------- Winbond W HF hardware monitor Voltage sensor Volts x C CPU VCore Voltage sensor Volts x E AUX Voltage sensor Volts xCE V Voltage sensor Volts xB V Voltage sensor Volts xC V Voltage sensor - Volts x - V Voltage sensor - Volts x - V Temperature sensor C F x TMPIN Temperature sensor C F x B TMPIN Fan sensor RPM x E FANIN Dump hardware monitor LPC Register space base address x bank A B C D E F FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF C F CF B C E FF FF ED B BA AA D FA FF D FD B CF EE FF D D A FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF C F CF B C E FF FF ED B BA AA D FA FF D FD B CF EE FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF A C F CF B C E FF FF ED B B BA AA D FA FF D FD B CF EE FF C D A D FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF E C F CF B C E FF FF ED F B BA AA D FA FF D FD B CF EE FF bank D B FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF bank D B FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF bank FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF bank D FF FF Hardware monitor ----------------------------------------------------- Winbond W HF hardware monitor Voltage sensor Volts x C CPU VCore Voltage sensor Volts x E AUX Voltage sensor Volts xCD V Voltage sensor Volts xB V Voltage sensor Volts xC V Voltage sensor - Volts x E - V Voltage sensor - Volts x - V Temperature sensor C F x TMPIN Temperature sensor C F x B TMPIN Fan sensor RPM x FANIN Dump hardware monitor SMBus Register space base address x SMBus request at channel x address x D bank A B C D E F FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF A E CE B C D FF FF ED B BA AA D FA FF D FD B CF EE FF D A FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF B E CE B C D FF FF ED B BA AA D FA FF D FD B CF EE FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF A B E CE B C E FF FF E ED B B BA AA D FA FF D FD B CF EE FF C D A D FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF E C F CE... Read more

A:CPU randomly shuts off - turns on after ~10-15 minutes

I would suspect the power supply first.....then maybe overheating CPU......check the heatsink isn't glogged with dust and the fan is working correctly.

You can try speedfan to get some temps.....click on link below then
MajorGeeks - |USA|

http://majorgeeks.com/SpeedFan_d337.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-randomly-shuts-off-turns-on-after-10-15-minutes.843005/
Relevancy 52.46%

My laptop keeps turning itself of when it is on battery. It lasts about 20 minutes, but is getting shorter everytime.

The battery is not running out- when I turn it back on it has 50% charge normally.

It turns off as if it has no power- no warning, and when I turn it back on it reloads and everything is new, with documents and Internet sessions needing restoring.

How can I fix this? I don't think it is the battery, as it has charge when I turn it back on, and it only has 20% wear.

Thanks!

A:Laptop Randomly Turns Off When In Battery

Welcome to TSG!!

If it's truly random, it won't be the Power Management settings. Some laptops have a utility that enables you to "calibrate" your battery. It will fully charge, then fully discharge the battery, perhaps more than one cycle, to allow the laptop to "learn" the battery's capabilities and characteristics. Check and see if you can find such an app. Different manufacturers will give it different names. Also, check their Web site to see if it is a separate download.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-randomly-turns-off-when-in-battery.926906/
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer restarts randomly depending on how Solved: Computer off turns randomly long in between the times it already restarted if i haven t used it in a few days it works for a few hours and if it has turned of anywhere from min to hours it only stays on for a few secs to a couple of minuets I have tried replacing almost everything Including Power supply ram hard drive unplugging everything unnecessary Video Card Mouse and keyboard Network stuff just the power cord and monitor left in I m sure the processor is not Solved: Computer turns off randomly over heating sense i ran programs to check the temp and it shuts down even if the the core and everything is below and the processor is cool to the touch What has me stumped is I can replace the hard drive with a spare one with Windows XP freshly on it and it will still restart I have tried to disable all the network drivers installed on my computer Any suggestions or thoughts would be great Even if you dont think it could be the problem The computer has a w Power supply OCZ Tech AMD Processor not over clocked Gigs ram A-DATA GTO Video Card PNY M N -LA Mother board It s out of a Compact Think its ASUS Running Windows Vista -Bit All Solved: Computer turns off randomly Updates Tried running it like w Power Supply AMD Processor Ram Onboard Video M N -LA Mother Board Windows Vista and XP both -Bit nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey Tech Support Guy's users,

Yesterday, I got back to my house, and went on the computer for a short while, then while looking on the internet, my Inspiron 1525's screen died on me. Not only my main screen, but also my other monitors as well, saying there was no signal. I was assuming that it is a dying Video Card, but I wanted to have more insight regarding my question. Is my fear correct, or it is the drivers? I haven't updated my drivers since 4 months ago, so I doubt it is my drivers.

Any who, if you need more information from me, please ask away and I will respond as quickly as possible.

-Tempbid

P.s. I wasn't do sure if I was suppose to put it on Hardware or Window 7 section. Felt like, it could be a window 7 error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-turns-black-randomly.1015215/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'll be playing on the computer, doing whatever, and airplane mode will just turn on, then turn off. It's been happening for quite a while, but only recently has it become a huge issue.
I have an MSI GE62 and Windows 10. As far as I can tell, nothing gets pressed to turn it on and off. I've tried turning off power saving modes and I've looked up a lot of different answers but all they do is tell me how to turn airplane mode off. This is very annoying when I'm playing online games or watching streams.
Please let me know if there is a way to make this stop happening or, better yet, get rid of airplane mode all together- I'm never going to need it. Thank you

A:Airplane mode randomly turns on and off

Try here for a possible fix:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=270892.0

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57524-airplane-mode-randomly-turns-off.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I just bought my laptop a few weeks ago and now the screen will randomly go black. I run McAfee and Spy Sweeper often enough. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium(6.0,6001 build) with SP1, it is a gateway laptop. The system model is M-1624 (not sure if it helps). The processor is a AMD Turion 64 X2 with 2 GB memory. Just reply if you can help or you need more information.

A:Screen turns black randomly...

What kind of graphics card are you running? Version and all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-turns-black-randomly-247752.html