Windows Support Forum

convert works database to ms access?

Q: convert works database to ms access?

I have a databace in works database .wdb and need it to be a ms access .mbd file how can i do this seemingly simple task please?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: convert works database to ms access?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 77.4%

Is it possible to convert an Access 2000 database to Access 7.0? I have an old machine that I would like to run a database on but it only has Access 7.0 for WIndows 95.

Relevancy 73.1%

Can anyone please let me know where I can get for free an easy to setup download counter(a counter that counts how many times a certain files been downloaded), which also uses Access Database(s). Or, brendandonhu, if you don't mind, could you make one for me and post the source??? You'll need the following to connect to an access DB:
Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
sConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=\\premfs7\sites\premium2\membername\database\YourDB.mdb;" & _
"Persist Security Info=False"
oConn.Open(sConnection).

Thanks,

HexStar

Relevancy 72.24%

hello all, i have one doubt. will LIMIT clause works with MS-ACCESS database? if it works the please explain how it will works....
i tried a lot by giving LIMIT clause in SELECT statement but every time it will give error. and when i remove that LIMIT part it will work fine.

pleeeeeease some body knows pagination in PHP with MS-ACCESS database support? please provide me that code,, plz.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-limit-clause-works-with-ms-access-database.376910/
Relevancy 61.06%

deaR TECHIES,

CAN ANY ONE TEL ME HOW TO CONVERT A MS ACCESS DATABASE INTO MYSQL FORMAT.

THANKS
KARTHIK

A:how to convert database format?

Write a query to get the data you want. Export the data in a comma delimited file. Import the file into SQL.

Or you can export the tables directly into a comma delmited file and do the same thing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-to-convert-database-format-3619.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I was wondering if it was possible to write a code in C# or SQL and have the code cycle through a folder let's say for example C:\Databases\ and take each database in that folder, create a copy of that database, and convert the copy of the database to 2007.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Maybe because I'm not using the correct terminology to find it or the keywords I'm using are just too generic.

I have a website that has dozens of pages of hyperlinks. Over 4000 links. I want to run these html pages through a utility that will extract the links and insert them as records in a MySql database. I can't find a utility that will do this.

Any help would be great!!!

A:Looking for utility to convert links to database

Anyone have any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-utility-to-convert-links-to-database.664111/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

I need to convert a Lotus Notes Database to something else. Access would be nice, but Excel or even just ASCI text woud be acceptable.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

I have never used Lotus Notes and don't know much about it.

I've searched for answers and found a few software programs that say they can do that, but since I'm so unfamiliar with Lotus Notes, I'm not sure what they offer is what I need.

Thanks

A:Convert Lotus Notes Database

I took a look at my MSAccess and it appears that it offers a Lotus Notes dbase driver. You will probably have to specifically choose to install the driver in the Install Options in Add/Remove Programs (Control Panel).

If it is offered, then just install the driver (presuming you already have Access installed) and File, Open..., and browse for your database.

Hope this helps.

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/convert-lotus-notes-database.184975/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Guys,

Im trying to write some code that will copy my access database , tables and data to a new sql server database, ive got the code to create the sql database but i need to populate it from my application

Any answers would be grateful

Thanks
Mark

A:Copy an access database to SQL server database using VB.NET

Google: import access to sql server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-an-access-database-to-sql-server-database-using-vb-net.1045442/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm building a database application in Visual Basic .NET and I want to know what is the equivalent code of this when I want to make a connection to mysql:

Protected connString As String = _
"Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source = " & loc & "\dbProject.mdb;"

Private cn As OleDb.OleDbConnection = New OleDb.OleDbConnection(connString)

Private ConnectionString As String = connString

A:Exporting MS Access Database to MySQL Database

You would have to have the MySQL driver for it on the server regardless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exporting-ms-access-database-to-mysql-database.389139/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I don't support Access, nor have I been trained in it, but I've been asked if I can help in this problem.
An Access database connects externally to a SQLServer database at login time for the application. How do I find which external database they are connecting to? I know that there is a way to go behind the forms to see the source code, but I cant remember how to do this.
I cannot find an obvious User/System file dsn on the PC to give me a clue.
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 59.34%

Here's the question- how do I open a form in an existing database from another db in Access 2010 using VBA and give it focus. I can open the external db and it's form but cannot figure how to give it focus. I'm trying to create a master form that will call various databases that each have a form. Seems simple, open the master menu, click on a button that then opens the called db and the associated form. Do my business exit the db and am back at the master form. I would be okay to just close the master db, all it has it the main menu or leave it open. Doesn't matter which I just want to open the called db and form and have its focus.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/how-to-open-existing-database-from-another-database-using-access-vba.4070487/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there,

I am trying to convert my xls file into a database table. However, the problem is the xls file wasn't formatted in the traditional database style which has all field names at the first row and data rows after.

I wonder if there are any add-ins that can do this task. If not, do I need to write vba to handle it? I have like a thousands of sheet like the attached one and at this moment, not quite sure how to do.

Please help.
CR

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello All I have an excel sheet which I want it to be converted to CSV and move that data from CSv to oracle databse I have a Vbscript that converts excel to CSV To to that Excel and move then CSV file from oracle to convert database. data an CSV but the way in which my To convert an Excel file to CSV and then move that data from CSV to oracle database. excel sheet is formatted it is not coming up properly There are some cells which I dont require and want them to be skipped and only the headings and their respective data should be coming up To convert an Excel file to CSV and then move that data from CSV to oracle database. onto the CSV file I am attaching the excel sheet and also the screenshots of that excel sheet showing the cells and the text needed to be skipped highlighted in a red box Please help me with this to have the CSV file by skipping these data and then load that data to oracle database in two tables where in one table will have data from some rows in CSV and another table will have a row of data from that CSV file Here is the VBscript that I have been using Code COLOR B AF WorkingDir COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR quot C Users vijaywp Desktop quot COLOR COLOR B AF Extension COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR quot XLS quot COLOR COLOR B AF Dim COLOR COLOR fso COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR myFolder COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR fileColl COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR aFile COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF FileName COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF SaveName COLOR COLOR B AF Dim COLOR COLOR objExcel COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR objWorkbook COLOR COLOR B AF Set COLOR COLOR fso COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF CreateObject COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR quot Scripting FilesystemObject quot COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF Set COLOR COLOR myFolder COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR fso COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF GetFolder COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF WorkingDir COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF Set COLOR COLOR fileColl COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR myFolder COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF Files COLOR COLOR B AF Set COLOR COLOR objExcel COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF CreateObject COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR quot Excel Application quot COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR objExcel COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF Visible COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B False COLOR COLOR objExcel COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF DisplayAlerts COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B False COLOR COLOR B AF For COLOR COLOR B AF Each COLOR COLOR aFile COLOR COLOR B AF In COLOR COLOR fileColl ext COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF Right COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR aFile COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF Name COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF If COLOR COLOR B AF UCase COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR ext COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF UCase COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR extension COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR B AF Then COLOR COLOR 'open excel FileName Left aFile InStrRev aFile quot quot Set objWorkbook objExcel Workbooks Open aFile SaveName FileName amp quot csv quot objWorkbook SaveAs SaveName objWorkbook Close End If Next Set objWorkbook Nothing Set objExcel Nothing Set fso Nothing Set myFolder Nothing Set fileColl Nothing COLOR I am also attaching the CSV file being generated change the extension from txt to csv with this script Please Help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:To convert an Excel file to CSV and then move that data from CSV to oracle database.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/to-convert-an-excel-file-to-csv-and-then-move-that-data-from-csv-to-oracle-database.1092886/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have MS Access 2000. I initially created a long book list several years ago. I recently found a template from the MS database for books that I downloaded that I like better. I have tried importing the data from the old database to the new one but with no luck. Both are in Access 2000. I am running Win2K.
Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

Can anyone tell me how to set the print area in "Database"? I want to print a form which shows lots of names down the first column, and then has a blank "Signature " column next to it, but with horizontal gridlines to take their signatures.

When I look on "Print Preview" it only shows the "Names" column, and I can't get it to print a column next to it. If I remember corectly, there is a facility in Excel for this, but I can't find it in the Database application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 56.33%

WORKS SPREADSHEET QUESTION I m trying to figure out a way to use it to catalog my collection of RPM records but am stumped Basically I Works Database want to be able to sort them by record company or title or artist each data field think that s what its called -- I m totally unfamiliar with spreadsheets would contain at minimum something like this but would have room to expand a field if needed to get more data into it re a disc or the performer s DISC TITLE quot Espagnol Waltz quot Performed Works Database By Works Database Samuel Siegel Instrument Mandolin with Piano accompaniment Recorded Probably May Company Victor Talking Machine Company Label Master Take If known Comments Disc title is announced as quot Waltz Espagnol Mandolin Solo by Mister Samuel Siegel quot On some disc s the master take field may have to letters amp numbers in it But I cant get enough column width to type the info into A thru K amp have came to a stop nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

First time try. MS 98, Works database, MS Word file with a zillion names,addresses,ph#s,ect. I copy a name in Word, try to paste into a cell in d/b, I get "<picture>" in the cell, not the info I copied. Ive read the help files in Works, the archives in here. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Andy

Relevancy 56.33%

How can I export records in database to print mailing labels? or get the database to print them?

A:Works database

don't have works anymore (like a looong time ago) but since it's an Office-Lite product hopefully there's some similarities

maybe try the help feature for:
mail merge
labels
etc

in the database and word processing software (it's likely the same help file, so it may not matter)

here's the detailed FAQ page and
here's one about works 3 and creating labels

sounds fairly similar to the office procedures

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-database.60050/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am working on a database for our Ambulance Company. One of the fields I am having trouble with is writing a formula to calculate response times when time enters another day.

Example, we use military time therefrore, 23:59:00 would be 11:59 pm. If we run the call till 00:10:00 ( 12:10 AM) the formula I have written ( = Arrival Time - Responding Time) gives me an invalid time because it doesn't recoginize I have gone past the current day into the next day.

Please help me figure out how to formulate this field.

Thank You.

Brett F. Murphy,
Paramedic Supervisor

Warsaw - Lincoln Ambulance District

A:Works Database

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Working With Overtime Hours In Excel will show you how to write the formula in Excel.

It should work in in Works, but am unsure, as I do not use Works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-database.103140/
Relevancy 55.9%

Been using Works for years and have never had this happen before. If I make a change in the database and try to SAVE, the program just closes, no error message. I re-open and the changes obviously have reverted to original state. I have run AdAWare, Spybot, AVG is up to date and runs nightly and am clean. I reinstalled MSWorks (just over the old program) and thought it was fixed, but now it is doing it again. Very frustrating Yes, I do get the message about more than 500 fonts, but since I have XP, I have been told that this is not critical anymore. Any ideas or suggestions? ... Millie in KY

Relevancy 55.9%

i have the latest version of works and am having a problem with it.

when using the left scroll arrow....it gets "stuck" therefore not allowing me access to several of the fields on the left side of the document

i have played around with it and can't seem to get around it

can anyone help?
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database.736764/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been tryin to sort records in WORKS 4.5 for 4 years now and it always sorts ALL the records. I have tried the highlight trick and even put blank records where I want to stop the sort. Does not work.

Can someone tell me how to sort, say, the 15 records in the middle of my database and not affect the other?

Thanks,
shortcut

Relevancy 55.9%

When I try to format a Feils, the program crashes. Downloaded KB933828, but it won't load. PaintShop Pro says it isn't a "valid MSP file".

Someone suggested that Works 9 works better on a Vista Home Premium machine.

Is that true?

Bob

http://www.vistax64.com/software/168839-ms-works-database-crashes.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Does anyone know how many record entries (not fields) are possible in a MWDB file? I was working on an inventory list when suddenly the database would not accept any more entries. I didn't know if the was a limit. Is there any database that has no limit as to entries?

A:Microsoft Works Database

I know microsoft access 2003 used to be a file size limit of 2GB - so would not expect works to be bigger (although, not yet found the spec)

Whats the filesize you currently have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database.873748/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have some Microsoft Works Database files I'd like to continue using, although MS Works has long disappeared. Does anyone know of a conversion technique/program to make these DB files usable with Microsoft Office. Seems like a step backward to not allow some kind of conversion for these files. I really liked Works DB.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

A:Update for Works Database

What version of Works was used to create these files and what version of Office are you using now.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/58501-update-works-database.html
Relevancy 55.9%

We are trying to help out a friend here, and hoping someone can point us in the right direction.

We need to create a database, preferably a works database, because that's the program both of us have. What we need to do is collect statistics at the end of the day, and save all the results to one database. At the end of the year, we need to be able to go back in and total all occurrences of a particular statistic and combinations of certain statistics together.

I am TOTALLY GREEN in this area...can anyone help?? All suggestions are greatly appreciated....if more info is needed, please let me know!

TIA

TT

A:Will a works database work?

Works will only "work" if it has an actual database like Access to enter your data into. You can set up one database and enter the data there directly. If you are on a network you can share the database and have forms set up for data entry. If you are in different locations you could use some kind of program like PCAnywhere and the remote person could dial in and do data entry on the database. There are way too many options so you might want to give us soem kind of idea on what your setup is and how to accomplish it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-works-database-work.63091/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I want to create a database of Asteroids with extensive information in one or more fields but I can't figure out how to expand the fields to allow this. On my dinosaur Tandy the database I had would create records just like index cards. I loved it. Any idea what I need to do? I've already tried the help and clicking everywhere.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database.479724/
Relevancy 55.9%

For some obscure reason I cannot open some (not all) of my works db files.

I have downloaded the patch (KB933828), which is supposed to fix it but although it downloads ok, I can't seem to open the patch!

Can anybody help please?

Thx. Simon

Relevancy 55.9%

I have an address Works printing... Database book in the MS Works database which I use for mailing Christmas cards Using the quot older quot versions of Works it was very easy to set up the printing of envelopes in a batch process then just stuff in the Christmas cards amp lick the stamps I don t remember what the older version number was that enabled envelope printing as I have since sold my older computer Now that I have upgraded to a newer version of MS Works Ver I find that I cannot figure out how to print envelopes from the same database which I have imported to this PC Not only that but there is no Works Database printing... option in all the tabs for quot envelopes quot as there is in the earlier versions of Works My question is is there some work around or secret that I am missing here or has MS screwed up again and left that option out in the newer versions BTW my wife s laptop has version of MS Works and there is no envelope printing in that one either nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-database-printing.334516/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm using Works 2000 V.5 on 98SE. Want to retain grid lines when printing Also would like to create a custom form- none of the examples are useful.

A:Works 2000 database

I have that version, there's doesn't seem to be that option. As an alternative, try selecting the records and applying left -- right -- top -- bottom borders (via Format -- Border).

EDIT: my mistake ; File -- Page Setup -- Other Options.

By "custom form", do you mean an input form, like Access? Don't know, will look it up.

Rgds,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-2000-database.310858/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am working with the Microsoft Works Database program that comes with Windows XP. I am listing a number of books, their isbn's and their prices. I evidently punched a wrong button because now every time I enter a new book the price from the previous entry is automatically entered for the new book. For example, if the price for the previous book was 19.99 that is automatically entered as the price for the next book.

It's not a big problem, because I can override it by simply entering the correct price, but still it's annoying. Anyone know how I can undo this default price setting?

Thanks!

Patrick

A:Problem with Microsoft Works Database

Look in the Options of the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-microsoft-works-database.1026415/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I have a large list of items in a database that are numbered using a numbering row.They are then filtered to match certain criteria.So now the number row is no longer consecutive.What I want to do is make a new number row that tells me the occurence of each record happening.For instance,if my database stats at number 3 then the next number is 7,i want to have 7 -3 to give four.Basically,I want to know the distance between each record.If I could use a formula for the whole number row that would take a record and minus it from another?Thanks JIM

A:microsoft works database question

Help me please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database-question.253761/
Relevancy 55.04%

Use XP OS and Works Got the following error message when I tried to open my document which I d been working on all day It is my time sheet and now I can t open it and I ve lost ALL my billing for October I ll donate Works message MS error database big bucks if someone can help Microsoft paid support MS Works database error message is a joke This has been a problem with earlier versions according MS Works database error message to my Google search but was supposed to be fixed with the version - but obviously MS Works database error message it s still an issue Here s the error message There was a serious error loading the data Your document appears to be damaged Works will stop loading the document with what was read when the error occurred Please try loading a recent backup copy of this document My backup won t open either so I m really screwed I m serious about the donation Please help me get this file opened Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey there Hope someone can help me out having a very perplexing problem that is happening in Microsoft Works with a database that my work has been using over the years without any problems The only way to explain it is that when you work on the database one day the next day some of the information disappears in the report view mode no one is deleting it The columns A to F seem to go missing Now A-F are the ones containing the data I need I dont know if makes any difference if I were to put that missing information back into those cells into columns from H onwards How can I get those missing A-F columns back Works problem Microsoft database Does anyone have any idea why they go missing periodically Just recently after a hardware upgrade this has started to happen I know that the version we are using of Works is Would upgrading the software help this problem Would appreciate anyones input greatly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database-problem.730375/
Relevancy 55.04%

How can I get my MS Works database files to be able to be transferred to another program such as Open Office or Office? I have a lot of collected information in many files that I can't share with anyone else who doesn't have Works. The Office Database is far too complicated for me and much more powerful than I need for my own use.

A:Microsoft Works Database files

Did you TRY exporting?

A typical choice for database conversions is to export -> CSV format and then work with that
to create the imports. Hint: Export only one TABLE at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-works-database-files.207807/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have completed my database. I put one column in alphabetical order, and proceed to another, the column I just alphabetized goes back the way it was. They won't all stay alphabetical. What's the deal? Help?

A:works suite 2003 database

This happens in Excel too, putting a column in alphabetical order is assumed to mean that you want all the rows to still contain the original values.

In Excel, you can highlight the data in the column and this sorts only that column - Then move on to the next column, etc.

If that doesn't work in Works, you may want to
sort the first column,
cut and paste the remaining columns into separate worksheets (one column, one worksheet) and
then sort them,
then copy them all back...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-suite-2003-database.407672/
Relevancy 55.04%

Does anyone know of an app that will open the above, apart from works! and preferably free?

A:Works Database File Viewer

For anyone whose interested/had the same problem it seems that there is no such thing as a "viewer" the best option though I've yet to try it is to save the file as a .csv and open it with open office. If you just want to view the data and copy and paste what you want it can also be saved as a text file - this is all assuming you or someone has access to Ms Works, as a last resort you can open the .wdb file with notepad or wordpad though its a lot more messy to access what you want. - hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-database-file-viewer.524591/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, hopefully this is the proper forum,but if not, perhaps an administrator would move it to the correct one. Anyhow, I've sent a MSWorks database file to an associate & he doesn't have works on his system, therefore has been unable to open it.(wdb extension) Can anyone provide me with the info of a possible download "viewer" that would enable him to open & print it?
Thanks in advance, Ben

Relevancy 55.04%

I recently installed Works 6.0. I have just composed a database document containing two columns of information. But when I print it, only the first column gets printed. I'm not aware of having done anything to cause the program to print less than all of the document. I have fooled around with the Select buttons and various other buttons but to no avail.

A:Works won't print all database columns

grandpaw7, you dumbell. You have the column too wide. If you bring the right hand margin of the column over to the left enough, you'll be in good shape.
Signed, grandpaw7

TO grandpaw 7: Well, I'll be dadburned if you're not right! But the dumbells are those guys who didn't program Works 6.0 to tell me the problem, but instead just decided not to print the column if it was too wide.
Signed: grandpaw7

CASE DISMISSED WITHOUT RECOUNT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-wont-print-all-database-columns.38020/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi All,

Right now my "database" is a Word merge file that I use to insert merge fields in all my word documents, it's a bit archaic and slow, plus, there is no way to integrate with Outlook 2003. I tried Act! 2005, and its slow and clunky and wont work for my needs. I want to still be able to use all of my Word documents and all of the merge fields in them as well as update the database from Outlook, send emails to a sorted list, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Roger.

A:Need database that works with Outlook and Word

To Roger:
Do You Have MS Office Suite installed on your computer? If so chances you have Msaccess, and i suggest you use access for your database. If msaccess is not installed get your office suite cd out and install the software. There is a learning curve, but give it a go and post your questions with the version of access your using and chances are someone will help.
Hope this helps, Flixx.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-database-that-works-with-outlook-and-word.324161/
Relevancy 55.04%

I want to create a new database using 'MS Works' 6.0 under Windows XP Home. I follow the 'Wizard's' instructions to launch "Create new blank data-
base" but I get no 'dialog box' from which to enter my new parameters. It just
gives me the last database I was observing. The 'wizard' tells me this is where I can make settings to configur my database to my needs, but it's not there. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a software problem?

A:MS Works has no 'Create Database' dialog box

I have MS Works 5 on one computer and MS works 7 on another, but they are both very similiar in the way they work. If you launch the MS Works Task Launcher and chose Works Database and then click on Start a blank database the box will come up for you to put in Field one -then add Field two, etc. (If a box comes up offering to show you what do to, just close it.) There are some differences between v. 5 & 7 when doing a mail merge, but that was not your question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-works-has-no-create-database-dialog-box.344633/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a document in Microsoft Works (I think) because the extension is .wks. I am unable to open this data set, is there any way to convert it to excel, preferably, or word? I am running XP Pro.

Relevancy 54.61%

Since installing Windows 10, I need to print a DVD database that I created on Microsoft Works Suite 2005. The error message I receive is "no default printer" or some such wording. The default printer IS set, and printing from any other site or app works fine. The laptop is a Lenovo, and the printer is Kodak. However, I do not see that the problem is in either of those, since it prints other things. When I look at compatibility for Windows 10, it reads that the Works 2005 is compatible. Please help, as frustration abounds. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-database-from-microsoft-works-with-windows-10.1153754/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey all. My dad is having an issue with his computer that I've been unable to figure out, whether by my own means or just by searching. He is running Microsoft Works 6.0 on Windows Vista 32bit Home Edition, and is having some trouble printing from Works Database, which he uses quite a lot.

Whenever he tries to print something from Database (or go into print preview) he gets the following error:

Code:
The printer driver is missing or not valid.

Run the Windows Setup program to install the printer software again.
Naturally I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer several times, but to no avail. Also an important note: This issue ONLY happens with Works Database, and not with any other product (Microsoft or otherwise).

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

A:Microsoft Works Database printing issue

I have been doing more research and I'm starting to think that there is just a compatibility issue. I'm still wondering if anyone knows how to make this work with Vista.

If anyone has any suggestions on a program that is an alternative to Microsoft Database, that would also be pretty helpful. It's the only program my dad uses from the Works Suite.

Thanks again...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-works-database-printing-issue.127443/
Relevancy 54.61%

Please can anyone tell me how I can place the current date in a report generated by Works 7.0 database programme?

A:Works 7.0 Database report current date

"&d" or "&n" (no quotes) in the Header or Footer. Prefix with "&l" or "&r" if you don't want it centred.

HTH,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-7-0-database-report-current-date.311719/
Relevancy 54.61%

I was just dragged into the st century not sure I like it at all Win was near values to 9 database ms to from copy spreadsheet works trying - death so I purchased a new computer with Vista bit but that's another story I have used MSWks for years and know my way around it Having a problem with MSWks - have a bank deposit system set up using a database for deposits with reports created that print my ms works 9 - trying to copy values from database to spreadsheet deposit slips and a deposit summary With MSWks I was able to copy values from my deposit database to a spreadsheet that was designed to act like a mini calculator - copied list of checks from deposit and used formula to total then copied total and pasted it back to database In MSWks if I try to copy values from deposit DATABASE and paste to a SPREADSHEET it arrives as a graphic instead of a numeric value so my formula that forces the spreadsheet to be a mini-calculator will not work Is ms works 9 - trying to copy values from database to spreadsheet there any way to defeat the quot paste as graphic quot It was really a timesaver for me I did try to install MSWks on Vista machine and was successful But ran into a lot of problems with both programs on my computer Decided to forget about the recording function and tough it out with MSWks Thanks tbach

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ms-works-9-trying-to-copy-values-from-database-to-spreadsheet-284646.html
Relevancy 54.61%

After a major crash I lost all of the Works Suite and had to reinstall it. Now the database crashes everytime I try to use it. Norton intercepts the crash and gives me this message:
OleMainThreadWndName
Everything else in the Suite works fine.
I need some help.
Thank you
Bonnie

Relevancy 54.61%

I'm wondering whether I can filter by date.

My case: I want to make a database filter that only shows coupons that haven't expired yet and also haven't been used yet. I can deal with the used part, but I need a formula type thing that lets me only show coupons whose expiration dates > today's date.

Is this possible? Or would I need access?

A:Works 7.0 Database Date Function in filter?

Field Name e.g. "Expiry".

Comparison ; is greater than or equal to.

Compare to ; INT(NOW())

In Formula View,

='Expiry'>=INT(NOW())

Rgds,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-7-0-database-date-function-in-filter.216311/
Relevancy 54.61%

Working on a Database program, and misspelled name of a field -- Cmopany instead of Company -- and cannot find a way to correct this without having to cut and paste everything already in this Database to a new one!

Is there a way to correct spelling errors in a Field Name, and if so, how is it done?

A:Works DataBase 6.0 ... How Do you change Field Names

Howdy. If I understand you correctly, select the table, then right-click and choose Design View. On the left is the name of each field. Change it there. When you try closing it, it will ask if you want to save changes. Obviously, Yes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-database-6-0-how-do-you-change-field-names.499301/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am working for a company that has four people (four different computers) entering data into four different Excel 2010 files on a shared drive. I would like to create a master file on my own computer for the purpose of generating reports. How do I create one Access database that includes all of the information from the four different excel files? Also, can this Access file be continuously updated as the four Excel files are updated each day? Thank you!!!

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all - running WLM on my clone fine new initially - Database then on vanishes works WLM machine Windows Netbook using accounts - all perfect Needed a clone on my Windows Desktop machine with exact WLM Database clone on new machine initially works fine - then vanishes Database Navigation and Folder Tree for same accounts as a final message destination setting my Netbook to quot Leave messages on server quot for mobile usage So Installed WLM on Desktop fine Copied cloned Database from Netbook over to AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live Mail Worked immediately like a charm all folders and messages in exact WLM Database clone on new machine initially works fine - then vanishes same folder tree and accounts passwords WLM Database clone on new machine initially works fine - then vanishes to input manually one OK Hurray However after - shut down start-ups of WLM the entire folder tree collapsed into a basic tree consisting of just basic INBOX DRAFT SENT Unwanted Mail Deleted for each account showing no messages although all cloned data was still resident on disc in its correct above location No way to retrieve nor show any messages nor the intended navigational structure - vanished although data was in its original location Uninstalled WLM delete clone Database did the whole operation over again and hey presto everything back OK After - shutdowns startups of WLM the navigation Folder Tree collapsed back into basic -line account blocks not showing any messages although all of them still reside in AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live Mail What is this How can initially everything run fine as intended and then vapourise Driving me mad as I did the exercise times now Also any reboot makes the initially nicely working folder tree AND messages visually disappear Anyone a clue why initially everything works as intended -- and then deconstructs and disappears Driving me bonkers - as I need this structure it is there and then after - uses vanishes Looking forward to your suggestions - Sam The Netherlands

A:WLM Database clone on new machine initially works fine - then vanishes

Hi Sam, welcome to Seven Forums.
It could be down to how your mail accounts are set-up.
I sign-in to WLM 2012 on both my pc's with the same Microsoft account but only use my Gmail account. If I read a message on my Desktop it will not be available on my Laptop as Gmail archives messages when accessed by POP.
Do you use POP or IMAP ???

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/317027-wlm-database-clone-new-machine-initially-works-fine-then-vanishes.html
Relevancy 52.89%

According to what I've read, Access 2010 uses the same database format as Access 2007. So this should mean I can open and run a 2007 database (with a lot of VBA code) in Access 2010 with no trouble, yes?

So why do I have the feeling that something is not going to work? Is it because I have been through to many Access upgrades?

A:Any problems using Access 2007 database with Access 2010?

Hi bbinnard,

If you have not purchase Access 2010 yet, what I'd recommend is....download the Trial Version and play around with it for quite a while.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/191698-any-problems-using-access-2007-database-access-2010-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there I have had this error for about Access-Skype GMAIL signs in! works,TOR works, display Webpage-Internet Can't week after I installed uninstalled several VPN services I have internet access on both Local Area Connection and WIFI Can't display Webpage-Internet Access-Skype works,TOR works, GMAIL signs in! but none of my browsers are displaying a webpage Skype works TOR works I am using TOR's default proxy settings to get online with Chrome On Chromes start page it even shows my name as logged into GMAIL before I switched to the TOR proxy settings Here is what I have tried Flushing the DNS release renew ip reset winsock disabled re-enabled both adapters Unistalled reinstalled both network adapters shutoff the firewall booted into safemode removed my antivirus Ran a few scripts lspfix winsock repair windows repair all-in-one tweaknow mini toolbox Run MBAM scan and MSE scan Reset IE to default Cleared proxy setings Re-installed the adapter client service and protocols This is driving me nuts Its got to be something easy that I am missing Any help would be appreciated MINITOOLBOX did these modifications http pastebin com haze gv also attached as txt file

A:Can't display Webpage-Internet Access-Skype works,TOR works, GMAIL signs in!

Also the DNS has been set to Google DNS-servers.
Error: (07/14/2013 05:16:31 PM) (Source: PostgreSQL) (User: )
Description: FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets

Error: (07/14/2013 09:34:57 PM) (Source: cdrom) (User: )
Description: The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.

=====

What you can try is to check with Google Chrome Portable (http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable) if you have internet with it. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501136/cant-display-webpage-internet-access-skype-workstor-works-gmail-signs-in/
Relevancy 52.03%

I downloaded some Microsoft updates, rebooted, and now my Microsoft Works Calendar won't come up. I've been to MS website and tried their fix - it didn't work. Next option is to delete Works and reload. My question is - will this deletion get rid of all of my data files along with the program? Also, is Outlook Express part of Works? I've tried to find out, but can't. I'm really concerned about making a mess of things.

A:Solved: Microsoft Works Calendar -works cannot access one or more files.......

Outlook Express is not part of Works.

What version of Works do you have and is it supported by Windows XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-works-calendar-works-cannot-access-one-or-more-files.780666/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All,
Our company had a photo booth with an F-35 fighter jet at a recent technology show. Individuals were allowed to have there pic taken in front of the aircraft with a pretty model. Now I have over 2500 pictures and over 2500 individuals that need their pic emailed to them. I have an Access database with a name, email address and a picture. Each name has a different image. How can I automatically send each person their picture through Outlook? I would like it to automatically populate a new email with the address and corresponding pic then have it be sent on its way while I am home sleeping. Can this be done? Is there a command that can run a VB script in Access to accomplish this? I thank you profusely in advance.

Scott

Relevancy 50.31%

When I would transfer MP3 to a 16 GB Flash Drive or larger I would have a problem
adding new MP3 Folders... They would play after copy but when I took out the Flash Drive
and put it back in... or Refreshed the Drive in other words ... The MP3 Files Would Not Play...
The Problem was fixed when I converted the Fat32 to NTFS using EaseUS Partition Master
I had to delete the Bad Copys but when I transfered them to the Drive that was now NTFS
The Files would play after the drive was refreshed...   I hope this helps... also NTFS can recover
info when you run chkdsk /f from the dos prompt... that may also help.. just a suggestion.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f2691e01-039b-4009-8eca-1403c044a66d/unable-to-play-mp3-on-usb-flash-drive-after-refresh-fix-with-easeus-partition-master-convert-to?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi everybody I have a problem with my MS Access and can amp t use the wizard for creating database objects forms report table queries etc Whenever I choose Wizard option to create those database objects I get the following error message Microsoft Access can amp t find the wizard or there is syntax error in the Declaration section of a Visual Basic module Wizard Can't access Access MS database The wizard you need may be missing from the libraries key of the Can't access MS Access database Wizard Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry To make sure that the wizard is in the Windows Registry run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Access and the compile all Visual Basic modules in the database I reinstalled the MS Access as instructed in the message but I don amp t know where to find and compile those Visual Basic modules I also don amp t know how to get to libraries key of the Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry I tried to reinstall the software by using two different versions of software CDs MS Office and XP and both failed to solve the problem I also tried unsuccessfully to access Add-Ins feature from the Tools menu in order to add the missing component Please help me ishak nbsp

A:Can't access MS Access database Wizard

Funny I had the same error last night. I ran Setup from the CD (from RUN prompt) checked off the access wizard. Then went and did what I was doing, it still asked to install the feature but it worked that time.

If that does not help the is an MS article, basically, if you are in "Break mode" of a module that could also cause it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208204/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-ms-access-database-wizard.553449/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok I have one more question-a few people have other versions of Access in my program and need to use the database that I created in Access 97. A few people tried and couldn't open it. Is there an easy way to converting this so they can use it on their computers? Thanks for the help.

A:Access 97 database in Access 2000?

Access should prompt them to either open the DB file or convert it to the newer version on startup. If it doesn't you can open the newer version of Access and go to Tools > Database Utilities > Convert Database.
Warning: Everything in your DB may not convert properly so be ready to do some work if this happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-97-database-in-access-2000.443343/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an issue with an access database. When I print out a report one of my columns only prints out 4 out of the 5 digits. This happens with 2 machines. On other pcs the 5 digits appear in output of the report. I have checked the resolutions of the pcs and they are the same. I cannot figure out why only 4 digits appear out of the 5.

Can anybody help?

thanks

A:Access Database

It may be the version of True Type Fonts that are involved, can't you just increase the column width slightly.
By the way you getter better responses for Access/Excel questions on the Business Applications Forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.686973/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi i created an access database for students that keeps track of their personal information as well as a monthly evaluation that they have to fill out, however i do not know how to create a button that i can place on the form that can allow the administrator to go to each student by either last name... sort of like a search engine. I don't know how to do this though, as well as just making a query that only gives me information for just 1 person and i don't have to manually put in the information in the criteria.. this i would also like to make a button or something of that sort..

please help!!! I'm close but no cigar!

Relevancy 49.88%

I have two separate access database files that I cannot access. when I try to open either one it says unrecognized database format. When I tried to compact and repair, it says the same thing. how can I get back into these databases?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-access-the-database-is-not-available.1169220/
Relevancy 49.88%

When entering a form..the page normally start with a blank page/form..what code can I use in Macro or Visual Basic..to have the form blank..when entering the form..so that you can just add..new data..instead of having to click on add new data..

First, this is really the wrong forum for this question. It should either be in Applications or Development. I only saw this post because I was checking on a post I made here before but I don't usualy visit this forum often.

If you want a form to open ready to take new data, set it's Data Entry property to Yes. (You'll find that property in the Data tab of the forms properties.) If I misunderstood the question, post back and give more details.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by YSB (edited 08-10-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.28990/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a working Access database on a machine running WIN XP and MS Office 2003. I transferred that database file to a new machine running Vista Ultimate and MS Office 2007. When I try to open the database on the new machine, I get this message: missing reference dao2535.tlb. How do I resolve this?

A:MS Access Database

Open your database.
Hit Alt+F11.
Hit Tools-->References.
It would seem it's missing from there.

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/824259

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-database.780963/
Relevancy 49.88%

ok , i finally got a site , with some ex. for loading jpg into ACCESS,

http://members.tripod.com/accdevel/imaging.htm
http://www.lebans.com/loadsavejpeg.htm
ok now without eating any1's head, i have to create a small catalog, with itemcode and pic of the item,both have to be related ,so tha I can search , for itemcode adn get the picture....

now both of above ex. codes are free and can be changed, so any1 cna help me out here,who konws access in advance , modify the scripts above if they can , so taht I am asked for like item code and pic.......

!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-ex-here-need-help-with-access.82658/
Relevancy 49.88%

When entering a form..the page normally start with a blank page/form..what code can I use in Macro or Visual Basic..to have the form blank..when entering the form..so that you can just add..new data..instead of having to click on add new data..

First, this is really the wrong forum for this question. It should either be in Applications or Development. I only saw this post because I was checking on a post I made here before but I don't usualy visit this forum often.

If you want a form to open ready to take new data, set it's Data Entry property to Yes. (You'll find that property in the Data tab of the forms properties.) If I misunderstood the question, post back and give more details.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by YSB (edited 08-10-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.37131/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have created a tracking program using access the main tracking page contains name address phone numbers computer information etc I also have two fields that I insert the problem and then the fix then that is printed out to give to the customer whenever the customer brings their computer back in for service I do a search for their account and it brings up all the pre existing info There last problem and cure are still in there I access database would like to find some way if it s possible to make this dump the items to a database for each customer in case I want to go into it again and look at past events Then the next time I open their account the problem and cure fields are empty but their data past problem and cure will still be in there I almost have this program or database to where it will do everything that I want it to do Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks chad nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I am unable to pen my database. It gave me an error message saying it is corrupted. I tried to do repair it but I was unsuccessful.

HELP

Don't you have any Back-ups?
Try opening a "new Blank" database and on the Main Menu, File>Get External Data>Import and then point it the corrupted file just to see if it can be opened that way.
If it can then on each set of Controls (tables, queries, forms etc) click selct all and then OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.706441/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am using a form to enter data that is updated to table. The problem is that the calculated fields in the Form do not update in the table while everything eles does. Can anyone help please.

Generally, calculated data isn't stored in tables. There is no need for it. If you calculate data, you use it in queries or reports . . . when you create a report, you base it on your query, not your table.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.69985/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a database where I enter part number description, and cost. I also have another database that is updated all the time with this information in it. I would like to be able to link or however you do it. I would like to lets say put in the part number and then when I push enter or tab the description and cost field populates.

any help would be great.

A:access Database

you can link by selecting the table tab in the DB window and then click NEW followed by selecting Link. Then search for your other database and select the table you want to link to.

You will now have access to all the fields, it is the same as a table now except you may have sharing issues if the table is opened on the source DB.

You can use this linked table just as a regular table to make reports forms, queries etc. so you may not need the table you created with the same information as it is redundant.

So you can make a form with your linked table with a combo to select the product.
=========================================================
I don't know to what degree of detail you want or how much you know so if you need more help just post back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.228833/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,can smb help me with sites that have tutorials about the relation of vb.net with access databases or sql databases.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb-net-with-access-database.879782/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an access data base program that we use as our special orders program, we use to be able to have more than one person log into this, but now only one at a time is able to.. The file is shared for all users.

thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

I have a DB that I did. It works fine except when I click on a cancel button on a text box and then it gives me the error shown below. Im totally lost as to why its doing this. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Even just pointing me in the right direction. I posted it as a zip file on this site

http://www.geocities.com/jbfen/index

the password is horror (and sorry for subject matter of horror movies)

Listen...I looked and can't find anything wrong with it. I recreated the button (find by director), and it appears to work fine...just tells you the macro has been cancelled.

This isn't the first time I've been unable to find something wrong with something in Access...I'm pretty sure it's not uncommon either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.225858/
Relevancy 49.88%

We use Accessdata base to keep track of all our orders. All of sudden two days ago, I go to the "main switchboard" and I get a blank order entry form. In that form, there is a small clickable box and when I click on that it says "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Office Access can't find. *** The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. ***There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro."

I have no idea what this means. Please help.

thank you,
renee

A:Access Database - HELP!!!!

The first thing to try after taking a backup copy of the Database is a "Repair & Compact" of the current one. You should open Accees, not the database and then choose Tools>Database Utilities>Repair & Compact. Choose the current database to repair and Compact and save it under a new name. Open the newly named, repaired database and see if it still has the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-help.382787/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have this access database that I from another user which I want to customize so that I can use it. The form has about 28 records with a yes or no fields. Now what I need to do is add more records as I have stuff to add that will require the user to ans. with a yes or no answer. My problem is that I am unable to add more questions (lines or record). Is there a way to do that?

Relevancy 49.88%

I have this access database that I got from another company and I would like to use it but I would have to customize it to fit my needs. Is that possible

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,

I have an issue with an access database. When I print out a report one of my columns only prints out 4 out of the 5 digits. This happens with 2 machines. On other pcs the 5 digits appear in output of the report. I have checked the resolutions of the pcs and they are the same. I have expanded the column widths in design view and still the problem persists. I cannot figure out why only 4 digits appear out of the 5.

Can anybody help?

thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

I need help in creating a database that can be searched.

3 Items are needed...

A 2 digit year entry
A 6 digit numerical entry (need to be able to enter less digits)
A 4 digit numerical entry (need to be able to enter less digits)

I need to be able to search the 6 digit number and have it tell me what 4 digit number is associated with it.

I am hoping I am making this clear...

for Access 07 or 03? (the previous version)

TIA

Tom

Relevancy 49.88%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey i need some help with a project i have for work.

my boss wants a type of program set up that controls our stock and products.

In this program i want to be able to input product codes categories invoices suppliers stock on shelf and stock on order and maybe a few similar things.

do u think microsoft access will be able to help me create this? or is there another program out there that will make it easier to do?

please help i havent started it yet just trying to educate myself as best i can and everday my boss asks how its all goin.

A:database help access 03?

Access is perfect for this application.
What kind of products are you dealing with?
Do you "Supplier" lists?
Do you have more than one Supplier for items.
Is the stock used within your area ie by yourselves rather than being sold to a Customer?
Do you want Categories and Sub Categories of stock?
Do you have "Re-Order" levels? (Minimum stock when a new order is required)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-help-access-03.707936/
Relevancy 49.88%

What I have done is combine the Order Entry, Inventory Control and Customer Management databases together in Access 97 and Iím trying to get them to work together to be able to update when inventory comes in and goes out of my business.

Iím trying to figure out how to complete the actual receipt of merchandise on a purchase order in the database. I want to put in the current date or earlier (I may use yesterday's date when I finally get around to entering data) as my variables for the timing to update the inventory transaction table (units received and units on hand fields).

Can you give me the operators and operands in the expression builder and the complete proper syntax that I would need to tell an event has happened and to update the table.

Thank you in advance - you guys are so good!!

Relevancy 49.88%

I have an access database, one of the forms I am working with has a subform. I want to be able to print part of the main form, and parts of the suboform. I can do this by inserting the form key number and the subform key number, then it prints what I want. What I am looking for is to be able to be in a clients record and push print and without having to enter anything it prints the fields in the form and the subform that I have in a report. I hope this makes sense. Is there a macro that I can put together to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help. .
Chad

A:Access DataBase

The simplest way although it may not seem like it, is to do the following:
Create a Join Query that includes both tables/queries (whatever your using), and create Joins on the 2 Key fields (related), this query should then become the control source for you report.
Now in the new query go to the field that contains the data you will be selecting on the form. eg the ID for the Main form

In the criteria row right click and select Build, find your form and find the Id field control name. The syntax will be:

[Forms]![FormName]![ControlName]
Now if you don't already have one, place a button on your form that opens the Report or query, it should only display the records for the selected records.

This called "Filter by Form"
Any problems let me know I or some one else can walk you through, it works I use it all the time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.271656/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, i'm new for using database (mic. access)
i hope u can help me.
i'm currently developed a database using microsoft access. the database is about an insurance company. i need to do a database that store the unit manager, agen, client, policy and proposal.
i had build the table and relationship. i also had input the agen and unit manager (UM).
but what should i do now.
i need to separate each agen according to the um and also the client.
i also need to give output so that when i insert um code or agen code, user can see the client info, or the agen info.

please.. i really need your help...

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, I am using Access 2000 and have created a database with a command button that opens up a report via a macro. I would like to know how to open up single reports instead of pushing a button that brings up every report, I've been able to open up reports that are based off of queries, queries that have paramenters that need to be inputted in order to bring up single unique records, but I would like to be able to just create a button that brings just that particular unique record-report off of that particular unique record on that form. Meaning that for a record that had just been inputted for John Doe on a form, I would like to know how to create a button on that form to pull up John Doe's single report without having to build a query that asks for a parameter. Is there anyway to do this?

A:Access-Printing a single report off of a single record from an Access database form

You will have to adapt this to your own form setup; but it's just using the Where line of the OpenReport macro action.

If on the form MyFormName you have two controls called txtFirstNm and txtLastNm, and in the query underlying the report you have two fields called FirstNm and LastNm, you would put into the Where line of the OpenReport action:

Code:
[FirstNm]=[Forms]![MyFormName]![txtFirstNm] And [LastNm]=[Forms]![MyFormName]![txtLastNm]
Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-printing-a-single-report-off-of-a-single-record-from-an-access-database-form.99807/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an access 2003 database that calls a VB6 module. The module starts and then I get a run-time error 75 path/file access error. I can execute the vb module outside of access but I have to run as administrator for it to work correctly. What can I fix so that the call from access will execute? I believe the issue is with comctl32.ocx and the status bar control inside the vb module.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/261294-runtime-error-75-path-file-access-error-call-access-database.html
Relevancy 49.02%

A Grocery Database that allows you to compare prices for various grocers in youe area including the impact of 1. Coupons and 2 coupon doubling and tripling. Last would be historical data of pricing. From this you couls create a shopping listfor each store each week and predict when prices will be at their lowest and coupons have the reatest impact.
I'm a newbie to Access and had a VB class over 16 yrs ago. I've done a lot of input to the main table just trying to get an idea of how to manage it with queries & reports. Any ideas? I know it's a lot so i'll understand if it's 2 much.

Relevancy 49.02%

Is there an easy way to keep the structure but clear all data out of an Access database?

A:Clearing an Access database?

How many tables in the database?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clearing-an-access-database.329705/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I have created a new database and would like to share it among my team. However, when another user opens it, it says file already in use. How can I get the database to allow multiuser access.

I need it so that when information is entered it gets updated in real time on other users machines as well.

Please let me know if you have any solutions.

Regards,

Archie

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello:
I have this database that I need to complete. I have completed the basics but can not seem to figure ot how to do the rest of it. Can someone help me.

Here is what I am trying to do:
1. Final section greyed out when no is selected for response
2. Change current stage field when key fields are populated
For example:
- When exit meeting is entered, the current stage should automatically change to tracking.
- When response needed is not checked, current stage should be completed.
- When response needed is checked, current stage should be in acknowledgement.
3. Have the BOG and Internal Due Dates Met fields automatically calculated in the background

In addition: I also need a switchboard created but I think I can figure it out. I do have reports I need though.
1. Open Report
2. Tracking Report
3. Completed Report
4. Acknowledgement Report

I have attached the file. Thank so much

Relevancy 49.02%

I am creating a database to track customer, vendor, and investment information. I want my queries to include the following:
By Vendor
By Customer
By Mature/Surren Date
By Investment type

Later down the road...I want to create a form to input new customers. I want the form to have a pull-down menu for both the vendor and the investment fields.

I was thinking I should have a Vendor Table, Customer Table, and Investment Table. However, Vendors and the investments they offer vary from vendor to vendor -- A vendor typically has between 1-40 different investment options.

A:Access Database Creation

In that case you will want (1) your vendor table, with their names and details and an ID-key field, (2) the vendor-investment table, in which each vendor's ID key from table (1) is used with the various investment options offered, (3) a customer table, with their names and an ID-key field, and (4) a customer-investment table, in which the customer's ID key is cross-referenced to the selected vendor investment record(s) from table (2).

Hope that makes sense. You might want to check this link for a more thorough introduction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-creation.84278/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm trying to import a database to an existing database. Both are identical, aside from their WO_NUM field, which distinguishes each record (and is primary key).

I have enough information in the database fields to make the database I want to import match. The problem is that the database is not allowing me to manually enter data. When I try a manual increment of the WO_NUM table, I am getting the following message:

ODBC-call failed.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UC_TASKS_WOID_1'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'TASKS'.(#2627)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The statement has been terminated. (#3621)

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

A:importing database in access

I'm assuming you are importing the tables, it seems like you are importing the primary key also, that will cause a problem because there will be duplicates.

You can try dumping the table into Excel and strip off the ID column and then import the excel table or Paste it into the table. Access will create new ID's for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-database-in-access.295647/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I have an access database.

I decided to make a mde file with it out of curiousity. It has now taken my database and password protected it. I never set any password and as such cannot get access to the database.

It has taken my user name from my login, but it is not using my login password.

Does anyone know how I can override this, or reopen an older version of the database.

Thanks