Windows Support Forum

Computer start up is bringing up boot agent message

Q: Computer start up is bringing up boot agent message

when i start my computer, it goes to the gateway start page, and after a while (it's quite slow) it goes to the black page, and this is what it says:

Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Intel Corporation

Intel Boot AGent PXE Base Code (BA 1210BC-GW1)
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Intel Corporation

PXE-E61 media test failure check cable
PXE-M0F exiting Intel Boot Agent

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media
in selected boot device.

it just stays on that screen until i do a CTRL ALT DEL, then it goes back to the Gareway screen and after about 30 seconds finally boots up and i get the Windows XP start up page, and it opens up my desktop and i can continue .

Can anyone tell me why this started happening and how to correct it?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer start up is bringing up boot agent message

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer start up is bringing up boot agent message

How old is the computer, or the hard drive. It appears you have a failed or failing hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-start-up-is-bringing-up-boot-agent-message.150663/
Relevancy 72.67%
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I mistakenly installed an Dell Optiplex 755 HD Audio Driver: of windows xp into my windows 7 system. I am getting the error
Client MAC ADDR: numbers... Guid: numbers...

PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel Boot Agent

I am unable to uninstall this driver even in safe mode. can anyone please tell me how to solve this problem.

A:Unable to start intel boot agent

What happens when you try to uninstall in Safe Mode? Why were you unable to do that?

Just right-click the device in Device Manager and choose "Uninstall".

This has nothing to do with any Intel Boot Agent unless you are trying to boot from a network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-start-intel-boot-agent.992619/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I keep receiving a pop up message message, pop Trojan-keylogger.WIN32.Agent. computer over. up take message which I assume is fake quot Windows Security Alert quot quot Name Trojan-Keylogger WIN Agent Trojan-keylogger.WIN32.Agent. pop up message, computer take over. quot it gives me the option to click a button if I want to quot Enable Protection quot At first my computer seemed to be running hard so I opened up the task manager to see what was running and QTTask exe was running and Trojan-keylogger.WIN32.Agent. pop up message, computer take over. I could not end task I tried downloading a couple of anti-virus software packages and I was Trojan-keylogger.WIN32.Agent. pop up message, computer take over. able to remove some infected files in safe mode but it has not resolved my problem Currently the pop up message continues but the QTTask exe is no longer running I now have internet access and the computer is working a little faster Please help I have no idea what I am doing Thank you StartupList report PM StartupList version Started from C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis EXE Detected Windows XP SP WinNT Detected Internet Explorer v Using default options Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Sony vaio media integrated server VMISrv exe C Program Files Sony vaio media integrated server Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Sony vaio media integrated server Platform UPnPFramework exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files sony vaio media integrated server Platform VMConsole exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video CameraAssistant exe C WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exe C PROGRA VERIZO SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C DOCUME Tim LOCALS Temp defender exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Verizon Online bin mpbtn exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe -------------------------------------------------- Listing of startup folders Shell folders Common Startup C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE PalTalk lnk C Program Files Paltalk Messenger paltalk exe Verizon Online Support Center lnk C Program Files Verizon Online bin matcli exe -------------------------------------------------- Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-keylogger-win32-agent-pop-up-message-computer-take-over.841098/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

Has anyone ran into the Event ID in the Title?
(Event ID: 7026, Message: The Following boot-start or System-start Driver(s) failed to load: TMEBC)

The user is getting CHKDSK every time they boot up the machine and it fails within seconds of it starting.
I removed the Scheduled task under the AutoChk area in the Task Scheduler.

Anyone have anything on this driver or able to assist?

Zach

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d6be5bc-d8c7-4e71-81fd-eccd4b348180/event-id-7026-message-the-following-bootstart-or-systemstart-drivers-failed-to-load-tmebc?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.19%

Microsoft will soon do an about-face and bring back the classic "Start menu" to Windows 8. The catch is, the Start Menu is not coming with Microsoft's next update to Windows 8, which will be available April 8.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/start-menu-back-in-windows-8-2014-4#ixzz2xpyX7JUJ

A:Microsoft Is Bringing Back The Start Menu To Windows 8

Different rumors and articles are floating around about bringing back the Start menu in Windows 8.

This is from an article I just read:

The Start menu is expected to be here in the coming months via an update for Windows 8.1, but the company might very well wait until the launch of Windows 9 to reintroduce it.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-is-bringing-back-the-start-menu-to-windows-8.1123362/
Relevancy 55.9%

hello, my problem is a boot agent error. i have two harddrives in my computer i put the one in to fix a virus the other one had and install a new operating system. after i installed the operating system and took the other harddrive out every time i go to start the computer i get some boot agent error and it runs some kinda test or something and restarts can anyone tell me how to fix this?

A:computer boot agent error

bump, anyone know how to fix this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-boot-agent-error-152625.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Any help would be very very very appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C Program Files x CCleaner ccleaner exeC Program Files x bringing start-up, cursor up promt. after Black command with not "ctrl-alt-delete" Screen Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Black Screen with cursor after start-up, "ctrl-alt-delete" not bringing up command promt. Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x CCleaner CCleaner exeC Program Black Screen with cursor after start-up, "ctrl-alt-delete" not bringing up command promt. Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Black Screen with cursor after start-up, "ctrl-alt-delete" not bringing up command promt. x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http rd yahoo com customize sbcydsl defa search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - HKLM Run Intuit SyncManager C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Sync IntuitSyncManager exe startupO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Exaktime SyncCenter C Program Files x Exaktime TimeSummit SyncCenter SyncCenter exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce PCmover CookieMerge quot C Program Files x Laplink PCmover CookieMerge exe quot quot C Windows system config systemprofile AppData Local Laplink PCmover Cookies quot User O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce PCmover CookieMerge quot C Program Files x Laplink PCmover CookieMerge exe quot quot C Windows system config systemprofile AppData Local Laplink PCmover Cookies quot User Default user O - DEFAULT User Start... Read more

A:Black Screen with cursor after start-up, "ctrl-alt-delete" not bringing up command promt.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEmsconfigsafebootminimalactivexdrivers32netsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.syssymmpi.sysadp3132.sysmv61xx.sysnvraid.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349170/black-screen-with-cursor-after-start-up-ctrl-alt-delete-not-bringing-up-command-promt/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys

I shall explain what I mean in the title of this post. While making a Windows 10 boot USB I made an error and selected my external USB disk instead of a USB stick. After Media Tool was done with creating the boot USB, the system shows the USB disk as bootable one, which was expected, but also showing it's max capacity at 30GB instead of original 500GB.

Two questions:
1) Is there anyway to revert and/or get back the data from the disk from before making it a bootable USB
2) If the above is not possible, how to format it to it's original form. Currently when going to format tool it only shows me an options to formt as 30GB drive

Thanks in advance for help

A:Bringing the USB used for Windows 10 boot back to it's normal state

I believe that the MCT (media creation tool) formatted the disk as FAT32. It's possible to make a FAT32 drive larger than 32GB, but apparently the MCT went for the oldest, most compatible form.

If you lost data on the external HD, you may be able to recover some of it. I've never used it, but people seem to like the free version of Recuva:

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

If you wish to format the external drive and recover its capacity, format it as NTFS.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/65012-bringing-usb-used-windows-10-boot-back-its-normal-state.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently installed Windows XP Home (SP2) onto my PC.

After I installed it, I used Partition Magic to make another partion, "K".

When I now boot up, I get a blue Windows screen with the text reading:

"Checking file system on K:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volumn label is Applications.
CHKDSK is checking. One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency. You may cancel the disk check but it is strongly recommended that you continue"

It then starts to verify the disk, finishes, then carries on the boot up process.

Is there any way I can stop the disk check, every time it boots up?

Relevancy 54.18%

when ever go on to the internet my homepage is always about::blank i changed the homepage to msn.com but it automatically brings it back to that site...it also happens when i go to my yahoo mail

Relevancy 54.18%

My computer runs slow at times so I started a boot scan with Avast Free Home Edition Scan results showed Java Agent-TB and Java Agent-WY Boot Scan didn t complete due to a brownout in our neighborhood I had to use System Restore to reboot computer I m running Jave: and Java: found Agent-TB Scan Agent-WY Boot Avast Windows Home Edition on a Toshiba A -S -bit laptops Avast Free Edition version Update Engine and Virus Definitions version - Avast Boot Scan found Java: Agent-TB and Jave: Agent-WY COMODO Firewall Free Edition version Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Database version SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition Database Definition Version Core Trace Ad-Aware Free Edition Glary Utilities Free Edition Database - - I primarily use Firefox and Opera Ad-Aware and CCleaner don t seem to complete there scans recently DDS Log File DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by bondzephyr at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Disabled Updated FF - D -CE B- ECB-E A A AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated Avast Boot Scan found Java: Agent-TB and Jave: Agent-WY CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Disabled Updated - EE-C E - B-DC BDD BAB SP COMODO Defense Enabled Updated CE - FA- -BB -B A A CA EC FW COMODO Firewall Enabled D F E - AF- E E-AACD- CDCF AA A Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield HssWPR hsssrv exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows system ThpSrv exe C Program Files x ThreatFire TFService exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TecoService exe C windows SysWOW vsnapvss exe C windows Explorer EXE C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System ThpSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO Teco exe C Program Files TOSHIBA BulletinBoard TosNcCore exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ReelTime TosReelTimeMonitor exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C Program Files x SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA Utilities KeNotify exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe C Program Files x ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards Hotkey TcrdKBB exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Windows System taskmgr exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin openvpntray exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x TOSHIBA ... Read more

A:Avast Boot Scan found Java: Agent-TB and Jave: Agent-WY

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423818/avast-boot-scan-found-java-agent-tb-and-jave-agent-wy/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I have a big problem at least to me anyhow I m hopeing it s not to someone else here My computer crashed I was able to get in through safe mode and copy some very much needed info to my zip drive I had to format c drive and reinstall everything everything went pretty well except for one program It s an crashed bringing documents Computer up - Help old older program I had bought for my children years ago and I was useing it for my journel There is some very important info on there to me that I must recover but the program must be reinstalled in order to open ir and the disk are corrupt after all this thime I have the actual pages saved but it s saved in a way I cannot open them under any other program to make them readable it always comes up jumbled I know there s got to be a way to make them readable is Computer crashed - Help bringing up old documents there something I have to change on the extention or something I have Windows SE with Microsoftword excel and then of course the regular wordpad and notepad Can someone help me with this it is very important to me Thank you so much Debby nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Okay so long story short. My desktop crashed and i got the blue screen of death. Got a new hardrive and blue screen went away. Reloaded xp install disc and I thought everything was good. However thats the only disc I used. I have a few questions. First I used a ethernet cable to hook up my router and computer but my computer wouldnt recongize it, but green lights were on? Also other laptops are connected wirelessly and works fine. Do i need to install another disc or program to use the internet?

A:Bringing my computer back to life...help?

takethesafetyoff said:

Okay so long story short. My desktop crashed and i got the blue screen of death. Got a new hardrive and blue screen went away. Reloaded xp install disc and I thought everything was good. However thats the only disc I used. I have a few questions. First I used a ethernet cable to hook up my router and computer but my computer wouldnt recongize it, but green lights were on? Also other laptops are connected wirelessly and works fine. Do i need to install another disc or program to use the internet?Click to expand...
Your new installation probably lacks the driver the ethernet connection needs to talk to the router. The light are on because there's power to the connection.. Look in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager to see what has a yellow mark beside it - you may find ethernet or Network Adapters isn't the only one.

Post back with make and model of the computer and someone will be able to point you to the right driver. You can download the ethernet driver on to your laptop and transfer it but once you're connected to the Net, Windows Update will help you find any others you lack.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bringing-my-computer-back-to-life-help.888094/
Relevancy 53.75%

Within the last few months I have been having an issue with lsass exe using so much of my cpu that it is bringing my computer to a standstill especially when I m online It dominates my cpu nearly totally during the first hour or two after a reboot I have tried a clean reboot with no improvement It seems to computer my a Isass.exe to standstill bringing be getting worse as time goes on Please help Thanks Mike Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v CHROME Boot mode Isass.exe bringing my computer to a standstill Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Seagate SeagateManager Sync FreeAgentService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX DrvLsnr exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Programs Google MusicManager MusicManager exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Classic PhoneTools Phontool exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks qbw exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast Online Security - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run SetRefresh C Program Files COMPAQ SetRefresh SetRefresh exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM... Read more

A:Isass.exe bringing my computer to a standstill

Snafu777,
You are living dangerously, with Quickbooks on an XP machine.
The data in quickbooks is at extra risk of being stolen.
It's not clear whether the immediate issue can be fixed here, but the long term issue is serious.
-------------------------------------------------------------
An article on the subject of XP, and options on what to do, is here:
http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62384#.UsLF3bRs_TI
The entire thread is also available as a PDF document here: http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/XP-The Elephant.pdf
----------------------------------------------
Download and Run Temp File Cleaner (TFC.exe)
Download Temp File Cleaner and save it to your desktop.
You might want to Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs... including your browser!
Right click the TFC icon and choose Run as administrator.
If you have a lot of junk files to remove, it could take a while, so please be patient and let it finish.
When it's done, it will report the total size of files removed. If it asks to Reboot, choose to do so. This will remove files that could not be removed while Windows was running.
After Restart, log back in to your usual account.
You can keep TFC on your desktop and run it every week or two to clean out excessive temporary files. It does usually require a restart.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Download and Run the Farbar Scan Tool

Download FRST and save to your Desktop.

Double click FRST.exe to launch it.
FRST will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press the Scan button.
When finished scanning, 2 logs will open on your Desktop, FRST.txt and Addition.txt
Please post them in your next reply.

If you lose track of them, they will be saved in the same location as your FRST.exe download.
Feel free to use separate replies if it's more convenient.

So we are looking for the contents of the two logs from FRST.
askey127

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/isass-exe-bringing-my-computer-to-a-standstill.1150581/
Relevancy 53.75%

Within the last few months I have been having an issue with lsass exe using so much of my cpu that it is bringing my computer to a standstill especially when I m online It dominates my cpu nearly totally during the first hour or two after a reboot I have tried a clean reboot with no improvement It seems to be getting worse as time goes on Please help Thanks Mike Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v CHROME Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS my bringing standstill a to lsass.exe computer system svchost exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Seagate SeagateManager Sync FreeAgentService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C lsass.exe bringing my computer to a standstill Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX DrvLsnr exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Programs Google MusicManager MusicManager exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Classic PhoneTools Phontool exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks qbw exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast Online Security - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run SetRefresh C Program Files COMPAQ SetRefresh SetRefresh exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

Lately my computer has been crawling at a snail knees! computer bringing Elitum its to s pace I never had this problem w spyware as i was always up to date w these things but after scanning w Ad-aware spybot search destroy and all Elitum bringing computer to its knees! the legitimate spyware scanners out there they all point their fingers to one thing Elite toolbar Unfortunatley as soon as I delete them and scan again they reappear Spy Sweeper says to it can t delite the folder under Elitum bringing computer to its knees! C windows elitetoolbar Elitum bringing computer to its knees! since there are files or something and I should delete it myself except I can t find it anywhere in that directory I change the settings to show hidden and system files hoping it would be there as well as a search but I can t find it Please help me someone Here s my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS System winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files EPSON ESM eEBSVC exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents CA LIC LogWatNT exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcregwiz exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe c program files mcafee com shared mghtml exe C WINDOWS etb pokapoka exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Program Files NetZero exec exe C Program Files NetZero exec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Andrew Annie Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - URLSearchHook URLSearchHook Class - D CDBF- AF - AA- -BD D DA C B - C Program Files NZSearch SearchEnh dll O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run McRegWiz C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcregwiz exe autorun O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent McAgent exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run checkrun C windows system elitenzh exe O - HKLM Run System service C WINDOWS etb pokapoka exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run spc w quot C Program Files NZSearch nzspc exe quot -w O - Startup SpywareGua... Read more

A:Elitum bringing computer to its knees!

First you need to unzip (extract) Hijack This and move it to a permanent folder. It will not function properly when run from the zip folder or the Temp folder.

You need to create a new folder in My Documents and name it Hijack This. Right click on the HijackThis.zip file and choose "Extract all" and extract it to the Hijack This folder you created. That way it can create and restore backups if needed. HJT will store the backups in the same location that it is run from.

After you have done that, post a new log and we'll proceed with fixing you up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/elitum-bringing-computer-to-its-knees.388118/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey people! I like the forum, it's been an asset to me since I found it. I need a bit of help fixing my uncles computer. It's a PCV-RX670 Sony Viao Digital Studio PC with factory components. It's running Windows XP SP3. My uncle wants to use it just browse the web and play videos via external hard drive and streaming services. It functions in this capacity to an extent. Being as old as it is, and poorly maintained it has accrued plenty of useless data. The hard drive only has a 15gb capacity, and only has 848 MB of space left. According to the disk cleanup tool I can clear 1.8 gigs of junk files, but every time I set it to do this it won't complete the action. What can I do to clear the space manually? Also does anyone know of any light freeware I can give my uncle to help keep it maintained?

Thanks for the Help!

A:Help bringing an old computer back from the near dead

Simply teach him to use the built in tools supplied with the OS.
You find these under Accessories and system tools.

chkdsk /f
disk cleanup with everything checked
defrag

This is all he needs.

Manual cleanup: fine all temp folder and delete their contents holding down the shift key. This will delete them and not put them in the recycle bin.
Uninstall unused applications and then go and delete their folders
Run disk cleanup
Run defrag.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-bringing-an-old-computer-back-from-the-near-dead-677884.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an intermitant problem where I get 'Windows failed to start' with the options Start windows normally Launch system repair If I select It will run for well over an hour and give a 'cannot repair message' after which it boots normally anyway If I select It boots fine with no issues Now this might seem like a non problem i e just select then but I am message 'Windows repair? failed to to boot, on nothing but start' not the only one who uses the machine I have tried SFC scannow which doesn't seem to find anything I've tried chkdsk etc with no joy There also doesn't seem to be anything in the system event logs that gives me a clue although I admit I'm not hugely familiar with event viewer and where I should be looking but nothing seems to be leaping out at me This seems to happen maybe twice or three times a month on a machine which is used daily so finding the solution has been tricky Specs i k Ghz gb Ram w Antec PSU x nvidia in SLI MSI P A-GD mobo Win bit Home Edition

A:'Windows failed to start' message on boot, but nothing to repair?

DR mate just for elimination try these if you cannot get the machine going get them put on a stick on another machine and run from it.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer – delete any rubbish these find.

PS Meant to add try running CCleaner too jus remember before cleaning go to Options then select the cookies you need that use a password for the site send them to the right ahnd list and then go back to cleaner and run.

CCleaner - Delete Junk Files

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324760-windows-failed-start-message-boot-but-nothing-repair.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have installed windows 7 professional 64 bit (SP1) using USB pendrive. Though installation was all ok. But now I have another problem. When I start my laptop samsung brand logo occurs and it stalls. Everytime I have to press F10 during start up and select windows boot manager.No flawless start up. Please help me to remove windows boot manager during start up.I would be very grateful

A:Remove BIOS message (windows boot manager) while start up

Did you delete all partitions during the booted Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7?

If not I'd start over and this time wipe the HD first with Diskpart Clean Command, reset the BIOS to defaults, set SATA controller to AHCI.

If you'll stick with the steps, tools and methods in the tutorial above you will get and keep a perfect install for as long as you do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339980-remove-bios-message-windows-boot-manager-while-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've got a dual-boot system with Ubuntu and Windows Ultimate x When I boot up the first screen I see is the Grub menu If I choose Windows then I go through Windows boot menu although I have it set not message Windows to system Failed - dual start boot to display anything because I now have only one copy of Windows on the machine - I had two copies of Win Ultimate before I decided to remove one and go Windows Failed to start message - dual boot system with Ubuntu instead So normally Windows would boot up That does happen most of the time but occasionally - maybe once in or so boots Windows starts to boot then the system reboots and I get back into Grub I then select Windows again and I get the message quot Windows failed to start quot and a list of options I choose Start Windows Normally and it boots up and runs fine I don't see anything in Event Viewer that would suggest a HDD problem I have run many tests on drive memory and CPU and all PASS I ran quot sfc scannow quot and it reports no problems I have run CHKDSK and again no problems I have been having this problem for a while long before I installed Ubuntu so I cannot blame it for corrupting anything Any ideas Thanks FW

A:Windows Failed to start message - dual boot system

Follow this please:
Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/311728-windows-failed-start-message-dual-boot-system.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My nephew borrowed my 6 yr old daughters laptop when he went to his gf's house. He looked up and was watching porn. He deleted the history and the cookies but today while she was playing on it one of the websites came up. I didnt know he looked it up until i asked him after that. how can i get the website to stop coming up? my little girl cant use her laptop until this is fixed. please help

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I hope that I m in the right part of the forum I ve had some problems with virus i e trojan zlob trojan anserin and other of that kind of stuff that I got from a file I thougt a friend send to me My antivirus system Norton warned me about it and I ve tried Error the when start message computer up for about hours to follow their instructions how to delete the virus This includes remove som files from the register editor After I was done and was rebooting from safe mode to normal mode my computer will read in XP but before I enter XP I get an error message on a blue background like DOS It says that an error has accurred and that windows has been shut down to prevent problems The technical error message is STOP x E x xF c c xF c xF fve an icon I ve never seen befor but looks Error message when start up the computer lika a T without the right part of the horizental line wow sys - address F c c base at F c datestamp e a Did I delete anything I shouldn t had in the register editor or is this something else Please Error message when start up the computer help me I m starting to get really worried ljustin EDIT Now the error message has change to STOP x E x xF c xF Fc xF F fve an icon I ve never seen befor but looks lika a T without the right part of the horizental line wow sys - address F c base at F datestamp e a And I can t start my computer in safe mode The screen will just go black except for the DOS marker line at the top left but I can t do anything If I try to start the computer with the last configurations that worked I get different technical information all the time in the same error message as above In the first line the first sets of numbers and letter is the same as above but not the last In the second line the datestamp is the same as above but the other sets of numbers and letters is different all the time tried times So right now I can t get any further than to this blue error screen Someone please help me nbsp

A:Error message when start up the computer

Come on. Please. Someone must have an idea where I did something wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-when-start-up-the-computer.675155/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Dell OptiPlex GX620 running Windows XP SP3. Today, I turned it on and got this message: Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM. And it says I need to boot the CD in order to repair Windows XP but the problem is that I don't have the CD. How would I fix the problem?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello! When I power on, I receive a message that says Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press <Enter> to Continue. When I press enter, the computer powers off and does not proceed. I tried a hard reset and that did not work. What should I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Error-message-and-computer-won-t-start/td-p/5621714
Relevancy 51.6%

There is a problem with your display settings. The adapter type
is incorrest, or the current settings do not work with your hardware.

A:when I start my computer I get this error message

Closing duplicate....please start only one thread per problem....reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/t104876/s.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-start-my-computer-i-get-this-error-message.104878/
Relevancy 51.6%

Message 1:  RUNDLL  Error loading C:\DOCUME~1\user\ LOCALS~1\Temp\CT3306061\plugs\TBVerifier.dll -- The special module could not be found.

Message 2:1.0.7.9 2013 1022 12:17:26  Create menu Toolbar, err:Access violation at address 02ECF864in Module Uninstall jExplorer 32.dll.  Write of address 0000024C.

A:Getting a message, actually two messages, when I start my computer

It's probably the Conduit toolbar/crapware. Check add/remove programs for it and uninstall it. CCleaner should also be able to clean it. If not then try Malwarebytes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516273/getting-a-message-actually-two-messages-when-i-start-my-computer/
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought  a dell inspiron 15-3552 two months ago but three days ago every time i turn on my laptop there is this warning message " WARNING: the battery is not recommended for this system, the system will be unable to charge this battery." I already check if the battery and plug are working and everything seems ok except for the fact that i'm still receiving this message. What should i do? 
I hope to have a replay soon from you 
Best Regards. 
Lisa

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981379
Relevancy 51.6%

few days ago when I started my PC in the morning I saw the below message:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

verifying DMI pool Data .................
Boot from CD :
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSEERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried several times to start the system, finally I formatted and installed the OS again "Windows7" 64 bit,
then installed all programs and worked as usual,
The next day I started my PCand saw the same message....!!!
what I have to do now? to keep formatting every day?
What seems to be this error? and how to be fixed?
Kindly advise how to fix this error with the details step by step with many thanks in advance,
Regards

A:what is the meaning of this message when start the computer?

Check this out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-meaning-of-this-message-when-start-the-computer.1101186/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello there,

I have an HP Pavilion ze5501us, and I am receiving the following message when booting up my computer:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system"

I have the restore disks that came with the computer, but didn't want to try anything in fear that I may lose my date on my hard drive. Is it possible to repair this without losing my files?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

A:Error message - can't start computer!

Hi

WIth a proper windows CD you can perform a repair operation that will reinstall only system files without touching any user files.

You mention you have restore disks, These may also give you the same option but be careful as some repair disks only give you the option to format and then reinstall. perhaps you could check any documentation that came with the cds on another computer.

Hope this helps a bit

Matt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-cant-start-computer.479009/
Relevancy 51.17%

Well just recently my computer has been slowing to a crawl when I do (normally) simple tasks. Usually I can run a spyware scan on top of playing iTunes, working on a Word document and much more with no problems, but today I noticed that suddenly a scan by AVG alone is using nearly 70-80 percent of my processing power . Also Windows has been taking darn near forever to load. More than 2 minutes. I know this can't be normal. I've had this problem before but received almost no replies so please someone help. This is really ruining my computing experience. By the way I have an AMD Athlon X2 4200+. Any guesses as to what the problem might be? Please guys any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Specs.
AMD Athlon X2 4200+
2 GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR2 RAM
320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.00 Harddrive
GeForce 7600 GT Graphics Card
ASUS M2V Motherboard

A:XP taking FOREVER to load and simple tasks bringing computer to its knees!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-taking-forever-to-load-and-simple-tasks-bringing-computer-to-its-knees.566998/
Relevancy 51.17%

My Buddy's computer keeps freezing up. Each time it throws out this error: Service control manager ? the following boot start? szkg. EC driver not working, Embedded control ec hardware didn?t respond in the time out period. Whats the deal and what should be done to fix the problem?

A:Error Message - Service Control Manager – The Following Boot Start… Szkg. Ec Driver Not Working

Worth reading, IMO: http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175505Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141712/error-message-service-control-manager-the-following-boot-start-szkg-ec-driver-not-working/
Relevancy 51.17%

So the windows key on my keyboard for some reason just stopped working which is a pain. ctrl+esc still opens the menu. But I'd like the shortcut back.

- I have checked the regedt32 - currentcontrolset etc and have no scanmap file in there so I know I never turned it off.

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows logo key on keyboard not bringing up the windows start menu

I think your best bet is to try another keyboard if you have one.

If the problem disappears that suggests you have a suspect key on the original keyboard.

If the problem doesn't go away you can assume it's a Windows problem.

Is there any dirt on the keyboard and have you checked whether the Windows key sticks?

Failing that, you could try a system restore to a point in time before the problem occurred.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/204955-windows-logo-key-keyboard-not-bringing-up-windows-start-menu.html
Relevancy 51.17%

When I start up the game (Everquest: Titanium Edition), I get the error message "The instruction at 0x00000001 referenced memory at 0x00000001. The memory could not be read."
I think that's a pretty general error message but if you have any tips to point me in the right direction in finding a solution I'd appreciate it.

Computer Specs:
My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite P105-S9577 with Windows Vista Business 32 bit.
Video Card: NVidia GeForce Go 7900 GS

A:Error Message Given at the start up of computer game.

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-given-at-the-start-up-of-computer-game.831095/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have problems on my computer Folder Options is in Malay But only that not anything Start-up. Message Patch Computer. at Very Slow else On Startup this message appears quot Check system setting or upgrade system Maybe your system not full patch Very Slow Computer. Patch Message at Start-up. System still safe www microsoft com PATCH CODE AS -CTRKEA-SR quot Here s my Log Hope someone can help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C oracle bin omtsreco exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS TEMP YS E EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntupd exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgwb dat C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop YK HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer F - REG system ini Shell explorer exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exe scvhost exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run OfficeScanNT Monitor quot C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe quot -HideWindow O - HKLM Run AAWTray C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe O - HKCU Run Uniblue RegistryBooster C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe S O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MI... Read more

A:Very Slow Computer. Patch Message at Start-up.

please help? anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-computer-patch-message-at-start-up.644217/
Relevancy 51.17%

help please getting a message saying XOTLJ is compressed then underneath says press ctrl alt del to restart and gives the same message every time
tried to reboot from disc same message again help me please

A:computer wont start up at all just gives a message to retart

I sounds as though the hard drive is compressed. Try this. On next restart start rapidly tapping F8. Select 'Repair my Computer' At the prompt to select your OS installation, click the button that says 'Load Drivers'. This should bring up a explorer-style drive browser. Then just right-click on the drive you compressed, and deselect 'Compress this Drive', which should still be ticked on. Hit apply, and apply to subfolders/files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-start-up-at-all-just-gives-a-message-to-retart.1034061/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I got a message "Server busy" when I start up my computer. It keeps show up sometimes, not every time when I start up my computer.
I searched for a solution then I had a look into start up menu>all programs>startup and I see Bluetooth is in that folder.

I'm not exactly sure if it was the problem and should I delete it? Any advice that I can fix this problem?
Thanks!

A:Got a message "Server busy" when start up my computer

One of your programs is probably trying to run updates at startup, but is not getting through to the server:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/98da9e16-fdab-4cf9-8251-4f466d6c6c13/server-busy-error
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/server-busy/d2a59e5c-3e5b-4fee-a5ce-8b772579720e
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/server-is-busy-program-not-responding/4a775b0a-8c6a-4df9-8f47-90b40d06968d

Check your programs settings, or check Event Viewer to see which program is acting up. If that doesn't work, you may need to do a clean boot to see if that helps isolate the problem. The above links have more details on how best to carry out these troubleshooting steps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504549/got-a-message-server-busy-when-start-up-my-computer/
Relevancy 51.17%

Everytime I boot up my computer now I get a message saying quot Windows has on pops Computer crashes; up message start-up stopped some programs from starting quot a message similar to that I Computer crashes; message pops up on start-up don t know why it s saying that and my computer has been crashing lately Tonight it crashed times That s when I knew Computer crashes; message pops up on start-up it was time to get some help After the first crash tonight when I tried to reboot the computer turned on then turned off by itself So I waited a couple of minutes and tried again It turned on then turned off again So I waited a few more minutes then tried a third time then it came on and stayed on I was using the computer for about minutes then it crashed AGAIN So I waited a few more minutes then rebooted it again It came on then it stayed on I m still on it now It hasn t crashed yet but I wouldn t hold my breath I have a feeling it s probably about to do it again any minute now I really need your help What could possibly be causing this What can I do to fix it I would really appreciate your help as soon as possible Thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386758/computer-crashes;-message-pops-up-on-start-up/
Relevancy 51.17%

When I start my laptop up, this goes up on the screen. I accident hit my laptop right next to the mouse pad
And its been doing this ever since. It also makes a small beeping noise right when started.

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 083)
Copyright (C) 1997-20-00 Intel Corporation

This product is covered by one or more of the following patents:
US5, 459, US5, 434, 872, US5, 732, 094, US6, 570, 884, US6,115,776 and
US6, 327, 625.

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Series v1.24 (10/07/10)
PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM

Reboot and select proper boot device
or insert Boot media in selected Boot device and press a key.
Anyone know what I can do to get it working? I have a windows 7 operating system. Also it says that i dont have a hard drive when I ran a diagnostics on it.

A:Solved: Computer wont start. says to select proper boot device or inset boot media.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-wont-start-says-to-select-proper-boot-device-or-inset-boot-media.1138297/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am running windows xp 64 bit pro. Everything worked fine yesterday but today I cannot get it to boot properly. After the POST screen I get the windows logo with a loading bar like normal, but then after that it just goes black and I can hear the drives running for around 30 seconds before the computer restarts. I used Hiren's Boot CD and can start the computer in linux off of that. Unfortunately I lost my windows xp CD's in a move and I have no idea if it is possible to get new xp 64 bit pro CDs from anywhere these days. Any ideas?

A:Computer restarting during boot, Will start up with Hiren's boot disk

Please do the following:Get a look at the error message presented by the BSOD (blue screen of death) ....Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" screen.
Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press the <ENTER> key.Your system will attempt to restart normally, but when it crashes, it will not re-start: Instead, you will see a BSOD with error message.
Record the error message details (contained in the areas outlined in red, in the above example image), and post in your reply.==========================Please be aware of the following:Hiren's Boot CD is deemed by BleepingComputer.com management to be illegal due to copyright infringements (illegally distributed Microsoft files as well as a few questionable/illegal applications). Recommendation to use it or instruction on its use is not allowed on the BC forums.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455613/computer-restarting-during-boot-will-start-up-with-hirens-boot-disk/
Relevancy 50.74%

Ever since I've had my current computer, it has had a message that plays during the DOS startup, through the speakers, in a robotic female voice saying, "System completed power on self test, computer now booting from opertating system."

Any ideas on how I might be able to turn this off? It sounds like I'm turning on the HAL 9000.

A:Annoying message played everytime I start my computer

you'll need to enter the BIOS and disable 'report system booting' in the 'speech configuration' panel. probably under advanced. if you post the mobo make/model i can download the manual to see exactly where to go

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/annoying-message-played-everytime-i-start-my-computer-105104.html
Relevancy 50.74%

my screen went black and all the icons and tool bar disappered but i was still running aol, then i got an error message that said Files that are required for
Windows to run properly have been replaced by
unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability,
Windows must restore the original versions of these files.
Insert your Windows XP sp1 but i had sp2 on my computer, tried inserting that but it didnt work so i cancelled the message, but then when i tried to turn on my compter again it didnt load fully.it loads up until the screen with my wallpaper on it comes up then stops and there is no way i can do anything, i tried inserting the OS disk but it does not respond and there is nothing on screen to click, i have also tried ctrl-alt-del with no luck . someone plz help

A:HeLp Computer will not start atfer unrecognized versions message

Try getting into Safe mode thne do a system restore to before the problem occurred hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-will-not-start-atfer-unrecognized-versions-message.436780/
Relevancy 50.74%

A problem has been detected and windows shuts down to prevent damage to your computer.

SESSION_INITIALIZION_FAILED

Won't let me restart or go to safe mode, goes back to blue screen message

When I try to go to safe mode it goes back to blue screen

If more specific information is needed, let me know what I need to do do retrieve info from computer

A:Blue Screen on Computer - This message comes up when Windows start

Have you tried inserting your Windows XP Cd, booting up from it, and chosing the Recovery option?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-computer-this-message-comes-up-when-windows-start.598311/
Relevancy 50.74%

my screen went black and all the icons and tool bar disappered but i was still running aol, then i got an error message that said Files that are required for
Windows to run properly have been replaced by
unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability,
Windows must restore the original versions of these files.
Insert your Windows XP sp1 but i had sp2 on my computer, tried inserting that but it didnt work so i cancelled the message, but then when i tried to turn on my compter again it didnt load fully.it loads up until the screen with my wallpaper on it comes up then stops and there is no way i can do anything, i tried inserting the OS disk but it does not respond and there is nothing on screen to click and i have tried ctrl-alt-del .
someone plz help

A:HeLp Computer will not start atfer unrecognized versions message

somebody help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-computer-will-not-start-atfer-unrecognized-versions-message-87039.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Each Time I boot up my computer I get this message ...

Windows Installer ...........Microsoft Office Proffessional Edition 2003

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource
that is un-avaiable

Click Ok to try again , or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation
package PRO11.MSl in the browser box below.

Ive tried to fined this PRO11.MSl ( no hidden folders option set )
but no luck, As this is a new computer I dont remember ever seeing Microsoft Office Proffessional Edition 2003
when I click Start > all programs > Microsoft Office ...?

any advice or comments most welcome
Thanks .....Mypenry

A:Each Time I Boot Up My Computer I Get This Message ...

You do not say if you have tried to install office, if this is anew machine you may be missing some drivers. This may help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;257718 phantazy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69211/each-time-i-boot-up-my-computer-i-get-this-message/
Relevancy 49.88%

I accidently delete important file and getting error message when boot-up computer-

"windows cannot find C:\Program Files(x86)\AMD AVT\bin\kdbsync.exe .Make sure you typed the name correctly,and try again.

please tell me from where i can download kdbsync.exe file

A:Getting error message when boot-up computer?please help me?

Quote:
Make sure you typed the name correctly,and try again.

Now we need an explanation from you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236692-getting-error-message-when-boot-up-computer-please-help-me.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

My problem is the following: Everytime I start my computer , a message will pop up on the screen. I am using Windows XP -Pro

Message is:" One of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful." And I cannot open certain number softwares like Adobe Illustrator and Photo Shop.

Please advise how to get rid of it.

A:Everytime I start my computer , a message will pop up on the screen. :" One of the files containing the system's Regist...

Hi Marvz -

Can you remember the last time you ran a disk check ?
Go > Start > Run > Type or copy/paste chkdsk /r and click OK.
Next > Reboot your computer for the check to start. This can take one hour or more depending on your system and the contents.

Please let it fully complete, and the computer will then restart again.

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429184/everytime-i-start-my-computer-a-message-will-pop-up-on-the-screen-one-of-the-files-containing-the-systems-registry-data-had-to-be-recovered-by/
Relevancy 49.45%

We were gone for a few days, turned our computer off. Returned and when we turned the computer on the montor is black with a blue screen in the middle saying... Boot Device cannot be found or failed.  Help!!

A:Computer has message...Boot Device cannot be found... what c...

Greetings,  I will assume you have a desktop PC since this is a Desktop board. Shut the system down and disconnect AC power. Remove the side panel. Then check/reseat SATA and power connections to the HDD. Run boot time hardware diagnostics.  HP has the latest versions available for download  here. Cheers!   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Computer-has-message-Boot-Device-cannot-be-found-what-can-I/td-p/5621815
Relevancy 49.45%

well I have this problem with my church computer Geek squad is willing to come out and fix it however they re charging me an arm and a leg for a couple hours service Anywho I am able to usually fix minor problems with internet and such however I m no message not will boot past error Computer where near advanced enough for the programming part So every time I turn on the computer it gives me the following error message this is before it even boots into windows quot A disk read error occured press ctl alt del to restart quot So I do this and it goes right back into the same screen I ve held the ctl alt del down Computer will not boot past error message which took me into a configuration set up I restored all defaults and again right back into the same screen with the same error message I ve included some screen shots of the screen it puts me in over and over Maybe someone has had a similar problem If anyone could help Computer will not boot past error message you would be saving our church a WHOLE lot of moolah and like comcast says SAVE MOOLAH nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Here is a computer message i got while booting my brother's computer. Sorry its a bmp but im running a minimal windows 2k install at the moment.

A:[SOLVED] Wierd computer boot message

See if this pertains to your issue

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329903

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wierd-computer-boot-message-329534.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell computer running Windows 2000. I received the following message when trying to boot up my computer:

Check for viruses on your computer, remove any installed hard drive or hard drive controllers. Run chkdsk/f to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer. ***STOP: 0X0000007B (0X8207AA10,0XC0000032,0X00000000,0X0000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I am unable to get past this screen each time I boot up, so I am unable to run Chkdsk/f. In addition, I do not have any newly installed hard drives. In searching through some of these posts, I've tried F8 and F11 options with no success.

I do not have the original start up disk. What our my options? I am definitely not a computer expert....Thank you in advance for your help!!

A:Error Message: Cannot start computer --> get blue screen ***STOP: 0X0000007B (0X8207A

According to Microsoft this can be caused by many different things. Take a look at the following address.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822052

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-cannot-start-computer-get-blue-screen-stop-0x0000007b-0x8207a.568259/
Relevancy 48.16%

My mother has been having problems message..HELP!! computer screen boot/black Solved: not will error with with her computer and I am not sure how to help She uses facebook a lot anf the farmville while she was on these pages only Solved: computer will not boot/black screen with error message..HELP!! the computer kept putting an error message saying something like the script running on this page will cause your computer to run slow or not work do you wish to continue or something to that effect for about months she kept ignoring it or telling it to go ahead and run Now her computer when she went to start it up yesterday the blue HP screen displays and is fuzzy then a black scree displays with quot Boot Disk Failure please insert system disk and press enter I can not start in safe mode or anything She does not have a disk she says and I need some help as to what is wrong and if it is a lost cause or if ther is something that we can do Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Solved: computer will not boot/black screen with error message..HELP!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-will-not-boot-black-screen-with-error-message-help.966428/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I was browsing the internet when suddenly this supposed antivirus scan just popped up in the middle of my screen and started detecting trojans and things within seconds The icon a AntiMalware message Doctor computer, >.< + getting Virus boot to Unable in the system tray was a fake Windows shield and my suspicion that it was fake was confirmed when I tried to exit the program and it prompted me each time telling me I had to register I tried to access my control panel and couldn t access AntiMalware Doctor Virus + Unable to boot computer, getting a message >.< the Start menu at all when I clicked it it would do nothing I didn t want this program to keep doing whatever it was doing on there so I just held the power button until it restarted Now when I go to turn the computer on I get a message saying the following quot Windows could not start because of an error in the software Please report this problem as load needed DLLs for kernel Please contact your support person to report this problem quot I have no idea what that AntiMalware Doctor Virus + Unable to boot computer, getting a message >.< means Google has yielded results on both topics The quot virus scan quot is this program here apparently http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-antimalware-doctor but way too many for me to be sure what my next course of action should be I have Windows XP I use an Acer PC Not sure what other details would be helpful but whatever I can provide please let me know All help is appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/antimalware-doctor-virus-unable-to-boot-computer-getting-a-message.936847/
Relevancy 47.73%

Can someone please give me some help regarding this?
I can provide screenshots if a volunteer helps.

A:Computer infected with Trojan.Agent, Worm.Agent, Music folders& Aplikasi folders

hi Ambience,

Need to see this topic about generating and posting a FRST log. You can start at Step 6

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Iam usually only on line once or twice per day so you may not get a response back from me until the following day.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601261/computer-infected-with-trojanagent-wormagent-music-folders-aplikasi-folders/
Relevancy 47.73%

Dell desktop with Vista.

Got up this morning, computer had sign in password screen up (which is odd computer usually it is on signed in running all night)
so I sign in and it comes up black screen that says-

Boot from CD
No Boot device available press ENTER to retry

SATA-0 Installed
SATA-1 Installed
SATA-4 None
SATA-5 NoneClick to expand...
If I press enter, same thing comes up again.

What happened? What do I need to do ??

Relevancy 47.73%

I am posting this on my laptop as my main computer will not start at all.
I noticed it started freezing more regularly recently, but two days ago when I switched it on, the hard drive light comes on permanently, and it beeps at me. This is as far as I get with it.
I have tried to put boot up floppy in floppy drive, but it does not access the floppy drive.
Could this be virus related??
Any suggestions as to problem solving, cos if I send it back to manufacturers, it will probably be gone for about 3 months and will cost a packet.

Some details on system
Motherboard - Tyan S1854 Trinity 400
RAM - 128MB
Hard drive - 30GB
Sound card - Creative Platingham Live drive II
Video card - Nvidia geoforce 3D prophet
DVD Rom drive
Plextor CD writer
Thanks for cooperation
Stowie

A:Computer will not start/boot up

Pull the cover off, remove everything except the processor, one stick of memory, vid card, try to boot with a floppy.

Check that the power supply cables are attached firmly
Check that the cpu fan is spinning up when you hit the start button

Reseat the cpu, memory, and vid card.

If it boots, just start adding one thing at a time back in and see if the problem reoccurs with a certain piece of hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-will-not-start-boot-up.68290/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi back in the even My to does not computer start boot.... trenches again Characteristics taylormade tower years old running Windows XP SP installed automatic updates enabled Windows Security Essentials as Virus protection What happened While working My computer does not even start to boot.... to build my website WSE suddenly displayed a message that some problem occurred but this was solved Next WSE gave me a My computer does not even start to boot.... note that My computer does not even start to boot.... my computer must be restarted to complete the action and I should close all my progs Doing so by and by my screen froze it just did not refresh any more After what I felt to be quite a long time without anything going on mins I decided to restart my PC manually Only to realise it would not start any more The first screen of the startup-procedure looks fine but I cannot be sure of this for the screen changes pretty fast as usual Then there is only a white prompt to the top left sign blinking and that's it Only this and nothing more Any idea Virus Hardware Thanks in advance Norbert

A:My computer does not even start to boot....

Blinking dursor in upper left corner...typically has signified a damaged boot file problem in XP.

Typical fix to try is the fixmbr command from the XP Recovery Console.

If no joy with that, then I'd have to suggest a repair install of XP.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493922/my-computer-does-not-even-start-to-boot/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to uninstall a program and I keep getting this message:

SpyAgent Error
There is an error in SpyTech's SpyAgent that interferes greatly with Magic Folders.

Disable SpyAgent monitoring before you run Magic Folders and then re-enable it again after you've hidden or unhidden your private folders.

You might also want to let them know of the error by - clicking here -.

I clicked the link and it takes me to this software that looks like a keylogger spyware program. I don't know if some attachment from an email covertly installed it on my machine?

Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

The computer is generally having a problem with the boot agent

And ive been getting these blue screens during boot up any one have any ideas as to how to fix it.

The computer still has been booting up but it usually takes about 3 or 4 times until it actully gets to the login screen and also there seems to be a problem when it actully does boot up there is processes that are duplicated in the task list menu

A:The boot agent cannot continue & getting blue screens crashing during boot up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-boot-agent-cannot-continue-getting-blue-screens-crashing-during-boot-up.598015/
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer is slow on start up or bootand it just seems to ideal for a long time, I've run different aware removals programs  like Cc cleaner and Megabytes with not results please hlp. thanks ahead of time.

running

window xp pro 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545107/my-computer-is-slow-on-start-up-or-boot/
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows 8.1~
If I start the computer from a full shut down state the Windows logo will appear but it will not go anywhere, and will stick at that screen. This forces me to shut the comp down and then start up again which makes it then boot normally...
Why do I have to start the computer twice for a successful boot? I don't know. But I know it is an OS-related issue.

Also for some reason the Windows 8 boot logo is stretched for some reason.

Any ideas to fix these issues?

I did find this in regards to the 2nd issue:
windows 8 installing in uefi mode. boot logo stretched even after - Microsoft Community

A:Having to start computer twice for a successful boot

Hello Jag,

You might see if turning off fast startup may help if it's part of the issue.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71917-having-start-computer-twice-successful-boot.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Alright before I get into any details about this problem, my computer is:

AMD Athlon 2500+
1 GB RAM
120GB HDD
GeForce 5200 FX
Gigabyte GA 7VT600 (motherboard)

I turned on my pc and I hear the CPU starting. My DVD rom drive seems to be working and I see both green and red lights on the CPU and both stay on the whole time. However nothing appears on my monitor.

Please help!

A:Computer wouldn't start/boot.

nayke: Do you have any way to check the output of the power supply unit? or another PSU to use?
Also, check inside your box to be sure that the video card and memory sticks are fully seated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wouldnt-start-boot.594202/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi
This morning I had to insert a graphics PCIx16 graphics card on my Gigabyte motherboard. I wanted to see if the monitor would show picture and it did. The computer booted and posted just fine. I've had this computer for a year. So I put the case back on my computer and hooked everything up, including the peripherels. But when I turn on the power button nothing happens. The fan doesnt start, there's no beep, nothing happens. I don't know what happened, I suspect my mobo may have something to do with this? My power cord works just fine since It worked this morning.

Any ways to fix this? Thanks

p.s. while i was working in the case there was a loose screw making noise in the case.

Relevancy 47.3%

PC boots OK after Shutdown no problem But the PC fails to boot when Restart is selected in Windows PC will cold boot OK It does POST as normal advances to an add-on SATA III controller card continues to a dual-boot screen Win Win with Win as the default then starts to When Re-start Computer Failure Boot Win Failure to Boot When Re-start Computer without problems The quot First Boot Device quot in BIOS is set for my boot drive add-on controller card quot Second Boot Device quot in BIOS is set for CD DVD-ROM The problem occurs whenever i do a Restart The PC completes the POST routine but never reaches the dual-boot screen Instead it displays this quot CD-ROM Boot Priority No Medium Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key quot If i then press the quot Reset quot button the PC reboots and the same error message appears again If i press Reset and then enter the BIOS the Boot setup screen still shows First Boot Device as being a hard drive but my boot drive is not listed and a spare data drive is the first one listed My boot drive is an SSD and it's connected to the add-on SATA controller card mentioned above Also a regular HDD is connected to that controller card After the boot failure when doing a Restart the controller card along with the two drives attached to it are no longer listed in the BIOS So then i hold down the Power button to force a Shutdown After waiting the usual or seconds for the power supply capacitors to dissipate i press the Power button to turn on the computer and voila it boots normally and all is well The issue can be provoked again by selecting Restart It doesn't matter if the PC has been on for minutes or hours To recap the PC cold boots OK every time but it fails to boot on Restart every time Clearly the ADD ON CONTROLLER CARD IS NOT RECOGNISED when Re-booting yet IT IS RECOGNISED WHEN COLD BOOTING If there's a loose connection the problem should not occur only when Restarting If it's a driver problem on the controller card then again why does it only occur on Restart Hoping one of you brilliant troubleshooters can help me resolve this mysterious problem Any suggestions P S Almost forgot the Win boot drive is a separate drive connected directly to a SATA II port on the motherboard i e it's not connected to the add-on controller card

A:Failure to Boot When Re-start Computer

Can you connect your Win 7 SSD directly to the motherboard? It's looking like BIOS can't see that drive on a warm restart (I don't know why). Most of these add on SATA cards don't boot very well as it is. If you can rearrange your storage, you're far better running a boot drive from the motherboard if you can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320546-failure-boot-when-re-start-computer.html
Relevancy 46.87%

This up [pop message] Trojan.Win32.Agent.azsy is my aunt's laptop and she has no clue when it comes to computers so she gave it to me infected with some Trojan that I have not been successful with removing and so I need some help I get a pop up that says quot Critical System Warning Your system is infected with version of Trojan Win Agent azsy It is a Trojan.Win32.Agent.azsy [pop up message] Windows PE EXE Once lauched the Trojan copies its body to the current user's Windows startup directory and attempts to steal passwords from the Int quot I was unable to get a log using GMER the first time I ran it I got this error CreateFile quot C Users susan AppData Local Temp wufnncw sys quot The system cannot find the path specified But then the program lauched and I made sure I had the correct checkmarks and started the scan it eventually bluescreened and then rebooted the computer Upon restart when I run GMER now I get gmer exe has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avail And then it shuts down GMER I have tried booting into UBD Win and running a virus scan which removed a few items but did not solve the issue After doing that I was able to run GMER again once but only to reproduce the BSOD which I missed again as the computer auto rebooted itself Now when I try to run GMER it gives the following again gmer exe has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avail Here is the DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by susan at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Outdated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD SP McAfee VirusScan enabled Updated C B C - - -BB - D CC E SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files McAfee MBK MBackMonitor exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Toshiba IVP ISM pinger exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc c Toshiba IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Windows System alg exe C Windows system taskeng exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba CEC MAIN exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain ... Read more

A:Trojan.Win32.Agent.azsy [pop up message]

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

I need to see a rootkit scan before I can help you.

Download RootRepeal.zip to your Desktop and click 'Extract all files' to extract the compressed file to it's own folder.
Double-click on RootRepeal.exe to run it.
Click on the 'Report' tab, and then click on 'Scan'.
A window opens asking what to include in the scan.
Check the following boxes then click 'OK':
Drivers
Files
Processes
SSDT
Stealth Objects
Hidden Services You will then be asked which drive to scan.
Check C: (or the drive your operating system is installed on, if not C:)
Click 'OK' once again.
The tool will begin scanning and may take a while to complete, so please be patient.
When the scan finishes, click on 'Save Report'.
Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt.
Post the log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/trojan-win32-agent-azsy-pop-up-message-409294.html
Relevancy 46.44%

HiI replaced the PSU with a Corsair CX550M, Increased the memory by exchanging the 4GB for an 8GB for a 16GB total, I added a 2TB Seagate hybrid hard drive and all worked great up until yesterday, about 1 month.Yesterday, I decided to run the all the tests from the Lenovo Boot Disk and after I rebooted, the computer wont boot.When I press the power button, the fan starts and it stops after 3 or 4 seconds and nothing happens, the monitor says no signal, I removed the external USB drive and printer, I reoved the second drive and the same thing heppens.Any idea what this issue could be? Could it be a bad PSU?Thank youMario

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Computer-won-t-start-after-running-Lenovo-Boot-Utility/td-p/3354352
Relevancy 46.44%

Whenever I press the power button on my computer it will start up then only get to the screen where it looks like a BIOS information menu then freezes.

If I press F8 enter the boot menu then choose the HD with the functioning system it starts up fine. How do I fix it so it starts up without having to go through the boot menu?
Thanks

A:Must enter boot menu to start computer

Is there a messages above the notification that you should press Enter to go into the Bios?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/must-enter-boot-menu-to-start-computer.573593/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey,

I'd like to know how to make it so that when I start my comp a program starts automatically...

The program im talking about is a little bar application that simulates the mac os x bar on the pc....

I thought about trying to do it in msconfig but I cant find a place to add some sort of path to the applications .exe
any help would be great. Thanks.

A:(Solved) Boot a program on start of computer

The simplest way to achieve this, is to drag the program's executable file ("program".exe) to your Startup folder (Start > Programs Startup).

That will launch it when you start up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-boot-a-program-on-start-of-computer.120403/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I ran Malwarebyte org's malware removal tool and it identified issues which it seemed to repair or quarantine Computer and - 64bit computer now 3 start/re-boot won't Ran HitmanPro was still really really slow and lagging so I decided to run hitmanpro -bit for Windows on a Dell laptop to remove virus malware it also identified issues when I opted to remove them it Ran HitmanPro 3 - 64bit and now computer won't start/re-boot asked to reboot my computer and I said yes one of the virus malware it identified was Babylon When the computer tried to reboot it couldn't I am not a computer guru by any means and am completely lost I am so worried that I have lost everything on my computer When the computer tries to start it fails and defaults me to startup repair which fails and then I have tried a system restore which also fails and then I tried Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup which took around hrs to backup then it also failed I am at a loss Can you help me please

A:Ran HitmanPro 3 - 64bit and now computer won't start/re-boot

I have ran the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, here is the report: Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 28-05-2013Ran by SYSTEM on 30-05-2013 16:46:51Running from F:\Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64) OS Language: English(US)Internet Explorer Version 9Boot Mode: RecoveryThe current controlset is ControlSet001ATTENTION!:=====> FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST.txt log and an extra Addition.txt log.==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================HKLM\...\Run: [SynTPEnh] %ProgramFiles%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe [2818856 2011-08-26] (Synaptics Incorporated)HKLM\...\Run: [RTHDVCPL] C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe -s [7284328 2011-08-30] (Realtek Semiconductor)HKLM\...\Run: [RtHDVBg] C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe /MAXX3  [2277480 2011-08-16] (Realtek Semiconductor)HKLM\...\Run: [NVHotkey] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\nvHotkey.dll,Start [317248 2011-10-17] (NVIDIA Corporation)HKLM\...\Run: [FreeFallProtection] C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\AccelerometerP11\FF_Protection.exe [686704 2010-12-17] ()HKLM\...\Run: [BTMTrayAgent] rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\btmshell.dll",TrayApp [10357008 2011-10-18] (Intel Corporation)HKLM\...\Run: [IntelPAN] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\iFrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PAN Tray [1935120 2011-09-15] (Intel® Corporation)HKLM\...\Run: [QuickSet] c:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\QuickSet.exe [4146848 2011-08-29] (Dell Inc.)HKLM\...\Run: [IntelTBRunOnce] wscript.exe //b //nologo "C:\Program Files\Intel\TurboBoost\RunTBGadgetOnce.vbs" [4526 2010-11-29] ()HKLM\...\Run: [DellStage] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Stage\Dell Stage\stage_primary.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Stage\Dell Stage\start.umj" --startup [207845 2011-04-29] ()HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [35736 2010-11-15] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [932288 2010-11-15] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Dell Webcam Central] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Webcam\Dell Webcam Central\WebcamDell2.exe" /mode2 [503942 2011-04-13] (Creative Technology Ltd)HKLM-x32\...\Run: []  [x]HKLM-x32\...\Run: [RoxWatchTray] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\OEM\12.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray12OEM.exe" [240112 2010-11-25] (Sonic Solutions)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Desktop Disc Tool] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\OEM\Roxio Burn\RoxioBurnLauncher.exe" [514544 2010-11-17] ()HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Microsoft Default Manager] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Default Manager\DefMgr.exe" -resume [439568 2010-05-10] (Microsoft Corporation)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [mcui_exe] "C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" /runkey [1658440 2011-03-12] (McAfee, Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [NeroLauncher] C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\SyncUP\NeroLauncher.exe 900 [75064 2011-07-07] ()HKLM-x32\...\Run: [AccuWeatherWidget] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Stage\Dell Stage\AccuWeather\accuweather.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Stage\Dell Stage\AccuWeather\start.umj" --startup [885760 2011-04-29] ()AppInit_DLLs: C:\Windows\system32\nvinitx.dll [228672 2011-10-17] (NVIDIA Corporation)Startup: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0.lnkShortcutTarget: Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0.lnk -> C:\Program Files\Intel\TurboBoost\SignalIslandUi.exe (Intel® Corporation)==================== Services (Whitelisted) =================S3 McAWFwk; c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msc\mcawfwk.exe [224704 2011-03-08] (McAfee, Inc.)S2 McMPFSvc; C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe [249936 2011-01-27] (McAfee, Inc.)S2 mcmscsvc; C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe [249936 2011-01-2... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496422/ran-hitmanpro-3-64bit-and-now-computer-wont-startre-boot/
Relevancy 46.44%

Never had any problems until I installed directX 9.0c and continued to restart as it tells you to. When windows first begins to boot(first part of progress bar) the computer just restarts and continues to restart everytime it gets to that same spot of trying to load windows. Tried starting in absolutly every configuration including safe mode and last known good configuration but the same thing happens over and over. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

redaw21
[email protected]

A:At start of windows boot, computer restarts

Try this.... Restart your computer, and then press F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in Safe Mode with a command prompt. If you can get to just the command prompt then type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe This will start the restore wizard and you can restore ot an older restore point (before DX9.0c install)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/at-start-of-windows-boot-computer-restarts-20662.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So I come back from a completely boot/start-up at Computer unresponsive three week vacation today and turn on my computer for the first Computer completely unresponsive at boot/start-up time I go through all the updates for the drivers and software Malware Bytes Avast Itunes Nvidia and then after its all done I proceed to log on the Internet when suddenly an Avast message pops up saying I have a Rootkit virus and it recommends to delete it so I did It then says to run a boot-time scan to complete the cleaning so I clicked yes and it restsrted the PC The screen went black for over mins the working busy light was lit so I figured it was doing something After more time went by with nothing but a black screen I decided to turn off the computer Now it won't start I hit the on switch the computer loads for a bit but the screen is blank and the monitor isn't responsive at all It appears the computer isn't responsive either nor are the mouse and keyboard because any button I press doesn't do anything It's nothing but a black screen and it seems like the computer isn't loading anything of working in the background I've restarted multiple times pulled out all the plugs then plugged them back in nothing Please help Windows never had this happen before Edit I get a beep upon pressing the Print Screen button

A:Computer completely unresponsive at boot/start-up

Sorry for the delay in responding, there just aren't that many of us that help out in this forum.
Do you still need help with this?

Most likely the program deleted a necessary boot component.
As such, the first step would be Startup Repair.

In most cases (w/Win7), you can get to it by tapping F8 just as the manufacturer's splash screen goes away (and before the Windows splash screen shows up).
It should lead you to a prompt that says Repair this computer" or something similar.  It'll be followed by the different Safe Mode option.

If that doesn't fix things, then I'd suggest backing up your data, and then performing a repair install of Win7:  http://www.maximumpc.com/how-to-repair-a-faulty-windows-installation-without-reformatting/

You may want to perform hardware diagnostics before repairing Windows in order to ensure that the system is free of malware and that it doesn't have problems with the HDD or memory:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582385/computer-completely-unresponsive-at-bootstart-up/
Relevancy 46.01%

I actually signed up my again Can't SP2) just up the again (XP Prof. start loops & sequence boot computer; at this forum to ask about a System Restore problem I ve been having A few weeks ago I did a system restore on my laptop Can't start up my computer; the boot sequence just loops again & again (XP Prof. SP2) to mid-August and then got error messages when attempting to restore back to the present time but as of just now I have a new much more pressing problem I restarted my laptop in safe mode an hour or so ago to attempt to do a system restore while in safe mode just to see if that might work since I always get an error when trying to do a system restore normally The system restore loaded up and the blue progress bar got about th of the way across and then stopped I let it load and after minutes of absolutely no progress in starting up with the system restore I manually shut down the computer I turned it on again after a minute and it began to boot up showed the HP logo went black then the Windows XP loading screen went black then the HP logo again black again Windows XP loading screen again etc etc and Can't start up my computer; the boot sequence just loops again & again (XP Prof. SP2) just looped again and again I let it continue this for about minutes but it just kept looping I pressed the F key while it was doing this and selected it to start in Safe Mode only to have the same looping sequence continue again and again I had to manually shut down the laptop again and after attempting to turn it on and have it boot up a few more times I ve run into nothing but more of the same endless looping process What can I do about this What caused it and is there any way to fix it I have some pretty important files on that laptop and I d really like a way to access or save them which I can t do now since the computer is doing nothing but looping the boot sequence Thanks in advance for any help T nbsp

A:Can't start up my computer; the boot sequence just loops again & again (XP Prof. SP2)

OK,,
first, take out the hard drive and attach it to another machine.

second, copy your files.

third, do a complete reinstall of Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-start-up-my-computer-the-boot-sequence-just-loops-again-again-xp-prof-sp2.864329/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have 2 different hard drives that I have had tested and have been told they are okay. So when I hook them up in my system (that I have also been told it is okay), it stops at the boot from cd prompt, right above it the line says, unknown flash, then the boot from cd line and then it stops. I have unplugged the cd rom and the floppy drive to see if that is the problem but the computer is still stuck there. What do I try next? I even put the windows xp disk in to try and see if I could do anything with it, it shows the checking your hardware configuration line then that disappears and nothing else happens. So not sure if it is something with the hardware, hard drive or what is happening. Thanks again for any advice.

Wes

A:computer stops at initial start up after boot from cd prompt

What kind of hard drives? IDE or Sata? if they are IDE are the jumpers set correctly? do BOTH hard drives have OS's on them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stops-at-initial-start-up-after-boot-from-cd-prompt.53412/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
My PC takes ages to boot up and it's quite a fast computer. I have used Crap Cleaner etc so I know it's not internet junk slowing it down. I have heard about some programs that come to life on start up that can slow it whilst booting up. How do I find out what these programs are and how can I stop them coming to life on boot up. I just want them to come to life when I select them on.
Many thanks,
Tim.

Relevancy 46.01%

last night my computer froze and i had to shut it down holding the power button. since then when i have tried to turn it on, it first looks like its gonna load, but then goes to the screen w/ the 3 safe mode options to start in, and to start in windows normally. the arrow keys will not work for me, so i cant get to safe mode and dont know how. after it waits for 30 seconds, it will start in normal mode, and go the the screen where it looks like its gonna load, the "Windows XP Professional" screen, where there is the time bar thing (not sure what thats called). once it is there, the screen will turn black and then restart and go back to the startup page w/ the safe mode options and normal mode option. rinse and repeat. i dont know what to do and any help will be appreciated. thanks!

A:Computer Starts And Goes To Boot Screen But Wont Start Up

If using keys at boot won't work and XP can't start then you could try using you XP installation disk to boot windows or try a linux OS on a dvd. If you still can't get it to go then try a repair install off the XP disk. http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124773/computer-starts-and-goes-to-boot-screen-but-wont-start-up/
Relevancy 46.01%

HP Compaq Pavillion bit windows home premium up Select start on up comes Computer device & boot Occasiona... months ago replace hard drive with seagate tb bit hard driveComputer functions started random Select boot device comes up on start up & Computer Occasiona... freeze of microsoft works not accessing start menu task bar functions typing etc all random malfunctions but still able to use compter in web browsing Watching you tube for long periods appears to stimulate problem Computer being left on standby Computer freezes appear to go away spontaneously while using or after standby or restart nbsp Start up brings up blue square in middle of screen with Select boot deviceST DM - ER hp DVD-Ram GH Lf boot using default nbsp Which boot device do i use nbsp Disconnected hard drive and turned on pc Select boot device comes up on start up & Computer Occasiona... and hp dvd-ram gh l was only boot device nbsp Replaced mother board battery already nbsp I have done command prompt sfc scannow hard drive and mother board diagnostics repair discs not working Only alternative is to reinstall windows with discs or install windows as alternatives nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Select-boot-device-comes-up-on-start-up-amp-Computer/td-p/5656621
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I believe this question best fits here rather than in the security section so here it goes I have a Dell Inspiron laptop which was running Windows XP service pack or off Hard Computer Cannot Boot Start Disk! Drive Two days ago my laptop began running extremely slowly which I believe to be the side effect of a virus The slow running happened immediately after I approved a program - I don't know which one- for outbound internet access Also I had not installed any software or hardware recently I had resolved to install some anti-virus software to correct the problem as the software I had was Cannot Start Computer off Hard Drive or Boot Disk! out of date but I found that my computer was running so slowly that I could not install or run programs anymore I decided I would reformat the disk I restarted the computer one last time to see if I could get a few word documents off that I want to retain and was given a blue screen which reads quot UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME Cannot Start Computer off Hard Drive or Boot Disk! quot then at the bottom of the screen reads quot Technical Information STOP OxOOOOOOED Ox F EE Oxc OxOOOOOOOO OxOOOOOOOO quot I have tried starting windows on subsequent attempts using the following options -Safe Mode -SafeMode with Networking -Safe Mode with Command Prompt -Last Known Good Configuration Each time getting the same quot UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME quot error I figured I should try and boot the computer off a bootable CD i e my Windows XP disk however when I change the boot sequence and try to boot off the CD I get the error quot No bootable devices--strike F to retry boot F for setup utility quot I have also tried going into the bios and loading all the default values for the startup fields without any luck Anyone here have any ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-start-computer-off-hard-drive-or-boot-disk-296597.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Howdy,

I'm having some serious issues with my alienware desktop. Its a decently old computer but hasn't provided me with many problems in the past. Recently, however, I had to transport the computer 4 hours to my new apartment. It was working fine literally yesterday, but after the drive I set it back up and it stopped working.

When I try and boot it, it goes through the BIOS as usual but when it gets to the graphics card boot agent it fails abd guves me a PSX check cable error and fails to even launch windows. I tried different graphics cards, HDD's and even sata cables but nothing helped. Is it a problem with a different cable or perhaps the motherboard? Please help, I need this computer for classes and for work.

I also tried changing the boot priorities in the BIOS but that didnt do anything. . .

Thanks,
Slappy

A:Boot issues with NVidia boot agent

Nvidia boot agent is part of the bios on boards with an nvidia chipset.
PXE error means the computer is trying to boot from the network because
it is not finding a bootable hard drive.
Nothing to do with the graphics.
Make sure the hard drive is actually being detected in the bios and the hard drive
that you are using has windows installed on it.
Check your sata and IDE settings in the bios to make sure the proper
channels are enabled.
A bad CMOS battery may also be an issue for older computers.
That is the small battery on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-issues-with-nvidia-boot-agent.1036624/
Relevancy 46.01%

Just as the topic says, When I boot my Desktop up I get this message (minus the quotes);

"Intel® Boot Agent FE v4. 1.17
Copyright © 1997-2004, Intel Corporation

Intel ® Boot Agent PXE Base Code (PXE-2.1 build 084)
Copyright © 1997-2004, Intel Corporation

CLIENT MAC ADDR: 00 13 20 BD EE 09 GUID: 7CC27956 4338 11DA 9A81 0013200B4F9E
PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel Boot Agent."

My desktop is a Windows XP Home Edition made by Gateway.

Please help. Before my mom does something to make it worse.

A:Boot Agent cannot receive boot filename

Such messages typically appear...when the system is trying to do a network boot.

That may happen because the CMOS battery needs to be replaced...in some systems, such will make the system return to default boot options.

I would go into the BIOS and see what the first boot device is...if it's not the hard drive, try to change it and save the changes...then try to boot.

If the change doesn't hold or cannot be accomplished...I would replace the CMOS battery.

CMOS Battery Replacement - http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/articles/cmosreplace.asp

http://support.gateway.com/s/tutorials/Tu_926413.shtml, see Step 4 for Gateway details.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410284/boot-agent-cannot-receive-boot-filename/
Relevancy 46.01%

My son's computer had virus issues, and wouldn't connect to the internet, uninstall unwanted programs, etc.  Went into safe mode and deleted temporary files and unwanted programs. Connected to internet and installed Malwarebytes. Ran scan and found several viruses that were quarantined.  Restarted and got a message saying the computer was logging off due to Dell Management Agent Services. This continues over and over.  How do I get rid of this doom loop? Thanks

A:Laptop shutting down, Dell Management Agent Service message

Welcome to BC !

If you can boot into safe mode with networking...then install and run the programs below.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Scan button.
When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window. (Eset can take more than an hour to run so plan accordingly)
Click the button.
For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
Click the Start button.
Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
When the scan completes, click List Threats
Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
Click the Back button.
Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591847/laptop-shutting-down-dell-management-agent-service-message/
Relevancy 46.01%

The Avast message appears in ' 's and 's' every - minutes or so and has only started since going through the removal procedures recomended on the 'before you post a hjt log page' Avast doesn't see it them I received the list I have attached Trojans doc after running McAfee free scan via pcpitstop com but since running various bogus cleaning tools the McAfee scan no longer finds anything - but the Avast message has started Also irregular kb send recieve activity ever secs roughly Would you like a fixwareout log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss Dcom Fakealert-g Spy-agent.bc, Message Puper, Have... Avast Exploit? And May I exeC I May Have... Spy-agent.bc, Puper, Fakealert-g And Avast Message Dcom Exploit? WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ I May Have... Spy-agent.bc, Puper, Fakealert-g And Avast Message Dcom Exploit? exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC Documents and Settings dan Desktop Clean Tools Files HiJackThis v exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I R EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk disabledO - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - Trusted Zone http register-tesco qa business ntl comO - Trusted Zone http memberservices tesco netO - DPF NTLSignup - https tesco autoregister net tesco NTLSignup cabO - DPF A FD C -A C- FC-ADB - D Creative Software AutoUpdate - http www creative com su ocx CTSUEng cabO - DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http eu-housecall trendmicro-europe com ivex hcImpl cabO - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com resources scan oscan cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - DPF A A -F - AD- - BC B DD Crucial cpcScan - http www crucial com controls cpcScanner cabO - DPF EF A B-FC - C - EF-FB E A E McFreeScan Class - http download mcafee com molbin iss-loc mcfscan cabO - DPF EFAEF E -F - D - - C FF C AV Class - http pcpitstop com antivirus PitPav cabO - DPF F ACF C-C C- B- BEF- B D Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package - http www creative com su ocx CTPID cabO - SharedTaskScheduler Browseui preloader - C -A BA- D -B B- A C E - C WINDOWS system browseui dllO - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C WINDOWS system browseui dllO - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeO - Service avast Antivirus - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeO - Service avast Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeO - Service avast Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeO - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe--End of file - bytes

A:I May Have... Spy-agent.bc, Puper, Fakealert-g And Avast Message Dcom Exploit?

Hello MegaVeg, I am SifuMike and I will be helping you. I received the list I have attached (Trojans.doc) after running McAfee free scan via pcpitstop.com, but since running various bogus cleaning tools the McAfee scan no longer finds anythingNot to worry. Those trojans McAfee found are all in your System Restore folder and they will not do any harm there. We will deleting everything in that folder when we have your computer clean. - but the Avast message has started. You lost me. What does the Avast message say? Does it give the locations of what it found? If so, what is the locations. ******************Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update. Updating Java: Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6. Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6". Click the "Download" button to the right. Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement". The page will refresh. Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6-windows-i586.exe and save to your desktop. Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser. Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java. Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed. Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.****************** Disable your antivirus program and go here http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html and run an online scan with BitDefender (you will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan). When the ActiveX Control has loaded, click on "Click here to scan". This scan may take a few hours. It all depends on the number of files on your computer. When BitDefender completes the scan, select the "Detected Problems" tab. Click on "Click here to export scan". Save the file as an HTML to your Desktop. Then click on the saved file and allow it to open with your browser. Go to Edit - Select All then copy/paste that log back here. Post the BitDefender log.******************Download ATF (Atribune Temp File) Cleaner? by Atribune DO NOT run it yet. Download and install AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 (formerly Ewido) This is a 30 day trial of the programAVG Anti-Spyware is designed to be used to both scan for and remove malicious files and also to run in real-time alongside, but not replace, your existing anti-virus program to give an added layer of protection.Both the Resident Shield and Automatic Updates will only be available for the thirty day trial period, after that AVG Anti-Spyware will revert to a stand-alone scanner which you can keep and manually update for free and use in a similar way to Ad-Aware SE Personal, Spybot S&D etc.1. After download, double click on the file to launch the install process. 2. Choose a language, click "OK" and then click "Next". 3. Read the "License Agreement" and click "I Agree". 4. Accept the default installation path: C:\Program Files\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 and click "Next", then click "Install". 5. After setup completes, click "Finish" to start the program automatically or launch ewido by double-clicking its icon on your desktop or in the system tray. 6. The main "Status" menu will appear. You can select "Change state" to inactivate 'Resident Sheild' and 'Automatic Updates'. If you choose to do this, then right click on ewdio in the system tray and uncheck "Start with Windows". 7. Select the "Update" button and click "Start update". If... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86783/i-may-have-spy-agentbc-puper-fakealert-g-and-avast-message-dcom-exploit/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'v have just bought a Dell Inspiron N from car boot sale This laptop turns on but will not message insert boot at and boot... Error Boot device or proper Reboot up: Select get past the screen shown in the photo Hard drive has been removed all other parts are still in place The guy who sold this laptop had the hard drive removed Specs Intel Core i Processor unsure of exact speed or generation because unable to access desktop due to error GB RAM Screen HDMI USB Ethernet ports and SD card reader Questions What does this error mean Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key I want to install a TB hard drive Error message at boot up: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot... If yes which Western Digital hard drive should I go for Curently it has GB RAM installed Want to install GB RAM to optimise performance please tell me which make brand should I go for I also have a Dell recovery operating system windows home premium from another Dell Laptop Will this Dell Error message at boot up: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot... recovery opertaing system work and install Windows using the key located underneath the laptop near the battery area of the Dell Inspiron N Thanks in advance

A:Error message at boot up: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot...

The first thing you are going to need to do is to purchase and install a hdd.

Newegg has a Western Digital 1TB hdd for $69.99 plus tax and shipping. 

You will then need to install Windows Home Premium 64-bit.  You can download a ISO image of your operating system here.

You will need to burn the ISO image to a DVD to create a bootable installation disc.  

How to burn ISO image using Windows Burn Disk Image.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.  

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close.

If you need a tutorial for installing the operating system, ask me and I'll help with that.

After you have installed the operating system you will need to download and install the drivers.  You can download these at Product Support, Dell US.  When the site opens you will need to choose your operating system (MS Windows 7 64-bit), the drivers download list will fill below.

As for RAM.  I have a personal preference for Crucial.  They have a 8GB kit (4GB x 2) for $83.99 plus tax and shipping.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550793/error-message-at-boot-up-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-or-insert-boot/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have Win XP Media Edition....Today my computer started shutting down by itself. So, I remebered a friend advising me the MSSE was not really up to date on its protections. Not sure...so downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a full scan.

I found SpamTool.Agent, Trojan.Agent, and 2 Rootkit.Agent infections.

My research lead me to this site to get rkille.exe, rkill.com, etc.

How do I find this and then the tdss killer?

Other sites mention this and want you to sign on with them. But, I heard this was a free download from bleeping computer? Where can I find it?
Bill

A:Rootkit.Agent, Trojan.Agent, SpamTool.Agent Removal???????

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358347/rootkitagent-trojanagent-spamtoolagent-removal/
Relevancy 45.58%

HELLLPPP Please disregard the length of this post It s for a good cause ty I own a Gateway GM What logo/boot screen freezing during Computer do? to start-up! keeps at Windows XP PC with Windows XP Media Center Edition SP The problem is that I cannot turn on my computer anymore as it keeps getting stuck at the boot screen Windows XP logo with the loading bar going from left to right beneath Computer keeps freezing at Windows XP logo/boot screen during start-up! What to do? it It presumes to Computer keeps freezing at Windows XP logo/boot screen during start-up! What to do? load for a few seconds and then stops in the middle and freezes altogether It would probably stay that way for months if I let it I have to manually hold down the power button to turn it off I have tried everything I can think of Virus scans from updated Malwarebytes and AVG come out clean Did a Disk Defragmeantation two days ago Did a Chkdsk but as my computer restarted after its completion it froze at that screen Chose quot Last known configuration that worked quot from the F menu As it restarted it got stuck at the boot screen Did a System Restore which maybe restored successfully but did not solve the problem as when it restarted the computer upon completion the computer you guessed it froze at that blasted screen I am lucky to be here under safe mode which is the only thing that works that is IF my computer doesn t freeze Now I can t seem to find any hardware change that may have caused this And the system C D drives itself is quot healthy quot according to computer management I still have a lot of free space Note I did not receive a Windows XP CD with the comp I tried to make recovery discs after I bought it but some error caused it to only create four out of the necessary five discs How do I fix this What should I do I m not very tech savvy so please lay it easy on me with the jargon I really cannot afford a technician at the moment THANKS a ton

A:Computer keeps freezing at Windows XP logo/boot screen during start-up! What to do?

Hi .Well...if you can boot into safe mode while being unable to boot normally...that focuses attention on some driver which cannot/does not load normally (probably because it's damaged).Try the following from safe mode:Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.When scanning is done, Edit/Select All.Then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324610/computer-keeps-freezing-at-windows-xp-logoboot-screen-during-start-up-what-to-do/
Relevancy 45.58%

I get this error on startup and it's driving me nuts, i think its because my hard drive is selected as the boot device. Looked on google about others with same problem and tried changing the reboot device but i'm a complete computer noob i don't even understand half on the solutions because i don't understand the jargon they are using SSD and HHD for example. Lot's of the solutions seem to involve being able to access files and such on the computer but i can't get on to my computer to be able to access anything. Any help would be appreciated and please, explain like i'm five. Thanks in advance, yaz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-start-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.1157288/
Relevancy 45.58%

I need help spotting a problem. In the screenshot of the Start Menu folder there's a MinimServer.lnk, which is supposed to load to the sys tray during computer startup. Prior to doing some unsuccesful system restores and undo's for another problem yesterday, it was opening MinimServer at startup. Now it doesn't and I can't figure out why. OTOH, if I click on either the desktop icon (Properties pictured), the folder lnk file or the target .jar file directly, it opens in the sys tray. Which is why I'm puzzled: if it opens from the link, why not from the Start Menu. Tried reinstall, but no difference. Everything else there starts. Any ideas? Thanks,

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63646-link-startup-folder-doesnt-start-computer-boot.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have been having an issue with my computer starting up When I turn it on in the morning it freezes at the Vista splash screen so I am forced to manually shut down the computer Then to multiple startup on normally requires and Computer start freezes boot-ups I turn it on again and it brings up the start windows normally or safe mode screen Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally I ve tried going on both options safe mode works without freezing and start windows Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally normally Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally doesn t because it loads until the splash screen and freezes again making me manually turn it off again The second time it freezes and I shut it down and turn it on again it brings up the start up repair screen I have to run the start up repair otherwise it will just keep freezing and I can t use the computer Once the repair ends it says that there are zero errors I am then able to start windows normally and this process only happens the very first time I try to turn the computer on that day I have tried to just keep the computer on I have tried to put it into sleep mode etc but the computer just ends up freezing again I have tried starting it without things like the mouse printer speakers etc plugged in only the keyboard plugged in but it still doesn t work I have also tried to uninstall recent software but that still doesn t work I have searched with my antivirus and no viruses were found This problem has been going on for over a week now I ve researched possibilities but have found nothing helpful If you know what could be causing this problem please let me know Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Lancaster Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-on-startup-and-requires-multiple-boot-ups-to-start-normally.1082024/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am trying to help a family member fix their desktop they got from someone else and when I turn it on the computer Computer restarting keeps won't screen and start Windows past boot keeps restarting and won t boot past the Windows start screen It gives Computer keeps restarting and won't boot past Windows start screen you the black screen with options of which way to start Computer keeps restarting and won't boot past Windows start screen i e safe mode and no matter which one you select it restarts the computer and sends you right back to the same screen it was an endless loop of restarts I tried clicking each mode type and tried to get it to restore from the last working restore point after each it just restarted again Can anyone help me figure out how to get back to the regular operating screen so I can get it virus malware free and working again Other Info - This computer is as far as I know infected with at least one type of virus malware which was part of Computer keeps restarting and won't boot past Windows start screen turning it on so we could download software to remove whatever is on it - We do not have any software disk s for the PC -It is a Windows XP editionAny help or direction to help would be greatly appreciated as I am completely lost Moderator edit post moved to more appropriate forum jgw

A:Computer keeps restarting and won't boot past Windows start screen

Hello, and sorry for the delay!We Need to Diagnose Your BlueScreenWhen you boot your machine, press F8 to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enter Safe ModeSelect "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure", as shown here:
When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:
Please post me the error(s).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461857/computer-keeps-restarting-and-wont-boot-past-windows-start-screen/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I am running Windows XP Pro I ve just upgraded to this OS With my upgrade I got a brand-new larger hard drive new motherboard more memory and faster processor needed all that to keep up with my website I ve had this OS just a couple of weeks and very often probably of the time it will reboot on start Computer on message a error" Rebooting then "serious start-up, up and give me an error message that it has recovered from a serious error Nothing seems effected by this there are NO freezing up Computer Rebooting on start-up, then a "serious error" message thank God my Windows was freezing up every minutes once it gets over that initial start-up it runs perfectly Well except for two things my Incredimail program but that is another thread in the software forum and my ZoneAlarm basic Now I think my ZoneAlarm may be a part of this rebooting error problem Here s why I think so I ve been having problems with my ZoneAlarm s TrueVector a series of three error messages in the Event Viewer s application logs Some people on the ZoneAlarm s forums have been helping me try to find out why I keep getting these three quot files have been corrupted quot errors While working on it I ve done several clean un-installs I finally noticed that when I had ZoneAlarm either NOT starting at start-up or reboot or not installed at all I have NO problems with auto re-boots or system error messages Then I noticed that when I did re-install it the system would start up normally for a couple of days then there would be error messages and auto re-boots on start-up again When I checked the Event Viewer directly after and checked the times there were ZoneAlarm errors FIRST then there were the system errors This all seems to be very consistant If ZoneAlarm has no errors logged the system has no errors When I send a report of the system error and follow that information it says that it is a driver problem but that Microsoft can t determine which one Could a driver I m assuming ZoneAlarm has one be what s causing this problem If so it seems to be a quot I don t like your computer quot problem because we ve completely un-installed and re-installed ZoneAlarm several times I see that there is a quot fix quot that can be downloaded that is supposed to take care of a quot this system has recovered from a serious error quot message found on this page http www windowsxpforums com tweaksandupdates Would this help me any Even if it may be a problem with ZoneAlarm Or am I totally off-base with the ZoneAlarm thing and this is a Windows XP Pro thing and it s all just a coincodence Any thoughts here would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I bought this computer from a yard sale It had windows Vista on it at the time and user accounts The accounts with administration rights were password protected So since I didn't need any of the data I wanted to start windows failed error.....computer won't boot install after 0xc000000f do a clean windows install Well I tried and everything was working fine Then it froze at It stayed there for an hour and then it 0xc000000f error.....computer won't boot start after failed windows install said an error Forgot the error code I tried it again and same thing happened However after this time trying to boot up it gave me the xc f error I've tried to boot from cd and it won't let me now Won't boot into hard drive I 0xc000000f error.....computer won't boot start after failed windows install downloaded hirens cd on a usb and finally got it to work but unsure how to use it I tried installing windows using another usb device and it says disk failure then goes to the xc f code screen I've been researching for days and still no answer Please help

A:0xc000000f error.....computer won't boot start after failed windows install

0xc000000f is a "No Such File" error
So, most likely either your W7 recovery media is bad, or there's a problem with the system.
Start with these free bootable hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619079/0xc000000f-errorcomputer-wont-boot-start-after-failed-windows-install/
Relevancy 45.15%

I want to run Startup Repair to check problems with my Vista software but the computer does not show the BIOS listing when I turn the computer on. Apprarnetly I need to go into computer setup to alter settings start to boot from the Vista cd. How do I do this please?

A:Amending Computer Setup To Alter Settings Start To Boot From Vista Cd

On "most" machines start pressing and releasing the Delete key when you turn it on

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152741/amending-computer-setup-to-alter-settings-start-to-boot-from-vista-cd/