Windows Support Forum

Nero problem - dosen't burn files from old nri. files!

Q: Nero problem - dosen't burn files from old nri. files!

Hi,
I'm using nero, i've made an mp3 cd and saved all the files as .nri, so i can burn them on another cd later - and now i want to burn on another cd, but the files are marked in grey instaed of black - and it burns nothing!
if i drag a file from the hard drive then it would burn, but from the .nri nothing gets burned so i either have to take each of the 70 files from the HD again, or figure out how can it burn it...

thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-problem-dosent-burn-files-from-old-nri-files.290148/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Nero problem - dosen't burn files from old nri. files!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 99.76%

i'm trying to burn a movie into a DVD-R disk. I first clicked DVD-VIDEO FILES BUTTON , then pressed ADD,but when i click ADD i can't find any of my video files or music files or anything at all, can someone please help me. this only happens with the DVD options because when i click on MAKE AN AUDIO CD or VIDEO CD all the files are there when i click ADD. im using nero express 6.I would appresiate it very much if someone could help me.

A:nero express burn DVD-VIDEO files, can't find my files

Nero Express is only going to burn previously authored DVD files. The 'Add' box is looking for .bup, .vob, or .ifo files, to add to the Video-TS folder on the left.

Did you create a DVD using another program? The full version of Nero has the '“Make Your Own DVD-Video' option.

At the top of the first screen, after Nero opens, choose your DVD drive with the CD option. Then you will get the Video CD option.
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-express-burn-dvd-video-files-cant-find-my-files.896598/
Relevancy 91.59%

help please

Countless failed attempts ( i success only) to burn AVI movies to 4.7 GB DVD+RWs using Nero burning software from nero capture file in HD. Tried updating Nero and Nero Vision as per nero help to no avail. The DVD RW works with small avi files and has downloaded from Movie Maker in past successfully.

system; 28oo Win XP using SP2, 512mb, 120GB HD, DVD/RW

Woodcutter

ps; Log files attached

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi everyone Im new to this forum Hope somebody could help me with my nero burning problem I have a Nero Smart Start Version And I have two DVD burner st is a Lite-on LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S and nd is a Samsung TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S N I ve tried to burn first using my lite-on burner but at around of the burning process i got this error log Myles K - - - M - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - NT-SPTI Nero burn won't 8 files my any of used Nero Version Internal Version Nero Express Recorder lt LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S gt Version KS B - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default CD-ROM lt TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S N gt Version SB - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map CdRomPeripheral TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S N atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S Nero 8 won't burn any of my files atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral ST AS AA viamraid Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral LV A JBI I dtscsi Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S N E CdRom LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S F CdRom LV A JBI I G CdRom Nero 8 won't burn any of my files AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled ISO compilation PM Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL STORAGE MCN CONTROL PM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession TRUE Multisession type Start multisession Burning mode DAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE PM ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media PM Text File FilesystemSettingsValidator cpp Line FS Settings using validator CUDFSettingsValidatorDVD ParamMode automatic changing UDF partition type from physical to physical Changing UDF revision from to PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S Media type DVD-R Disc Manufacturer ID lt CMC MA gt lt G AM gt Disc Application Code Disc Physical Code PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks F LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare F LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to Idx Idx Next Trk TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr Size NWA RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FSCTL LOCK VOLUME PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Caching options cache CDRom or Network-Yes small files-No lt KB PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at PM Text File DVDR cpp Line Recording mode Sequential Recording Mode PM Text File DVDR cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes PM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- Disc Struc... Read more

A:Nero 8 won't burn any of my files

By the way, right now I have my drive E: which is the Samsung named as "CD DRIVE E:". It is usually DVD-RW E: before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-8-wont-burn-any-of-my-files.897936/
Relevancy 90.73%

First post - I hope this is the right forum Has anyone to re files Query Nero burn getting wav come across a solution to this problem I wonder I want to use a portable digital voice recorder Olympus VN PC to capture Query re getting Nero to burn wav files family history by getting older relatives to tell their stories to the recorder and I then want to save the files on an audio CD The files download OK to my PC as WAV files but the Nero version CD burner software won t burn these to an audio CD though it will to a data CD A possible reason for this could be the Nero website FAQs say that Nero doesn t accept WAV files with markers inside the file and that they can be removed with rd party software by deleting a very small portion of the beginning of the audio file The Olympus Digital Wave Player software doesn t seem to do this The properties of the WAV files from the voice recorder are Audio format IMA ADPCM Average data Kb sec Sample rate KHz Audio sample bit Channels Mono Does anybody have any idea how to get these files via Nero on to an audio CD Or maybe can you suggest any software hardware that might solve this problem Many thanks in advance nbsp

A:Query re getting Nero to burn wav files

You could convert the .wavs to any other audio format like wma or mp3 and then let Nero burn them. Or use some other software to burn the .wavs. Even WMP can burn CDs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/query-re-getting-nero-to-burn-wav-files.22500/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi firstly l want to say that im movie using I to files burn dvd can't nero grateful that this site is free and that you guys give free technical support ive always liked this site but have never joined I can't burn movie files to dvd using nero until today anyway about my questions Basically the situation is l downloaded a movie from the internet its the Beatles yellow submarine I can't burn movie files to dvd using nero movie or cartoon but l am having trouble converting it to blank dvd the error message is below and l ll type every bit of it its long so l apologize CANNOT ADD FILE C DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS OWNER SHARED THE BEATLES-YELLOW SUBMARINE -COMPLETE MPG REASON THE FILE C DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS OWNER SHARED THE BEATLES-YELLOW SUBMARINE-COMPLETE MPG IS INVALID -NEED MPEG- WHICH WAS ENCODED FOR SUPER VIDEO CD AUDIO KHZ MPEG- LAYER STEREO DUAL-CHANNEL MULTI-CHANNEL VIDEO X AT HZ OR X AT HZ THE FOLLWOING PROBLEMS WERE FOUND -STREAM ENCODING WHICH IS INVALID FOR A SUPER VIDEO CD -NO VIDEO -NO AUDIO I ve downloaded several programs regarding this mpeg- problem and nothing seems to work l still get the message im using nero express for this l also have nero startsmart Second question is if l find a solution to this will this solve all my problems regarding burning movies to a blank dvd or will there be more problems in the future if u get my drift Once again l would really appreciate an answer to my queries and if for some reason u guys cant help me out would u know of another website that might be be able to thanks Aaron nbsp

A:I can't burn movie files to dvd using nero

I noticed that your trying to burn a MPG file to a DVD. Did you convert the MPG file to DVD format? First thing to consider when burning SVCD to DVD you will need to convert the files to DVD format in order to burn them successfully.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-burn-movie-files-to-dvd-using-nero.597665/
Relevancy 89.44%

My operating system is Windows ME Compaq Presario I need to back up all of my personal files to disk Because of problems I had with a faulty drive a new disk drive had to be installed When the new drive was installed they replaced my Adaptec software with Nero Express I was very pleased with Adaptec but Express date won't Nero burn my files Nero Express has not worked for me Except for photos I have not been able to successfully burn to disk I have tried using CD-R as well as CD-RW disks but no success Initially the issue of Joliet names was given as one reason for the burn process failure so I shortened the names of several files listed in the fail-to-burn log thinking that might solve the problem Tried again Still the burn failed for other reasons I have no idea why I cannot interpret the log At one point while trying to burn I clicked a quot yes quot to something in the process and although the burn still failed Nero Express won't burn my date files when I went into Windows Explorer to find needed files I discovered that Nero Express had actually altered the titles of a couple of files on my hard drive and had moved them to obscure locations Some files may still be lost somewhere I don t know what to do I tried to uninstall Nero Express and replace it with the Adaptec I had before but the drive won t accept it nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

Captured an LP to HDD thru amp hooked to SB X-Fi card using Nero Wave editor Cleaned up the clicks amp crackle w Wave Ed amp saved using after CDA are cleaned to Nero back Clicks 9 files WAV using burn quot Save Tracks as Files quot option as wav When listen to those cleaned WAV files directly from HDD even w headphones very little noise is audible - to me When create an Audio CD compilation w Burning ROM amp select same exact files I just listened to burn as audio CDA the clicks are back when play CD Played it on different players Clicks are back after burn cleaned WAV files to CDA using Nero 9 PC - same clicking Ran the original ripped wav files back Clicks are back after burn cleaned WAV files to CDA using Nero 9 through Declicking Decrackling in Wave Ed increasing amount of noise to remove saved to diff folder Tried burning another compilation - same clicking is back after burn CD nd batch of cleaned files still sound very clean straight off HDD using Media Player If I listen to st nd burned CD w WMP in the same DVD burner used to BURN it w Nero clicks are quite audible What s going on when some much of cleaned noise comes back when files are burned from WAV to CDA format Thanks nbsp

A:Clicks are back after burn cleaned WAV files to CDA using Nero 9

This is just a guess but here goes. A .wav file is much smaller (more compressed) than an equivalent .cda file. (Which I believe is PCM). When the file is converted, data must be "added". The conversion algorithm may be inadvertently re-adding dynamic range to the previously suppressed noise spikes.

Sort of like the wave trace was heading upward then it stopped, then on the other side the wave was descending, so it appears that a "chunk" has been taken out of the signal. So, if you viewed the original noise wave on a scope it would be triangle, but with very, very steep sides, approaching vertical. Noise filters,are able to detect these very steep impulses, since they don't exist in music, and then suppress them,

So, I'm thinking the file converter "thinks" something is missing and reintroduces the transients. Too smart for its own good, that one.

Vinyl records make noise, fact of life. DSP can't repair all the flaws without destroying the music in the process. I suppose it's fair to to say the computer can work wonders, it just can't work miracles.

You can imagine how bummed I was, when I found out that even the mighty "Photoshop" couldn't fix all my blunders. Which, by the way, seemed to happen on the pictures I wanted most.

As I said, this was an educated guess at best. Maybe somebody else knows more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clicks-are-back-after-burn-cleaned-wav-files-to-cda-using-nero-9.128412/
Relevancy 79.55%

hey okay i ve and thinking my only files Help image is new keeps burn to wants drive image nero installed a new burner on my computer LG - GCE- B it works it plays cd s whatever but nero is being a total jerk with it Help nero keeps thinking my new drive is image and only wants to burn image files and any time i go to burn audio files right when i tell it to burn it asks what image file to save it as if i just type in anything it seems to burn through sucessfully except that the cd is still blank by the end of it when i Help nero keeps thinking my new drive is image and only wants to burn image files go to quot Choose Recorder quot it only gives me the option of Image Recorder - Virtual device and i cannot choose anything else or de-select this if i go to autodetect cd-rom it only allows access to my E drive dvd player the one i want is F i checked that it is all installed properly as a slave drive same as the one i was replacing also it Help nero keeps thinking my new drive is image and only wants to burn image files won t give me the option of any test burns or a speed choice before burning basically how do i make it stop thinking that everything is image files please help this is driving me nuts appriciate any input cheers --Marlye nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-nero-keeps-thinking-my-new-drive-is-image-and-only-wants-to-burn-image-files.325776/
Relevancy 74.82%

After a virus messing up my computer, the only solution to fixing it is to reinstall windows, however i have many files that i would like to copy to a CD so i don't lose them, the problem is that since the virus i can't copy or paste, i can't drag files, so i can't move them, and i can't use windows explorer or nero to burn files to a cd, as none of these work anymore. (reinstalling nero also didn't work)

Could anyone suggest a program or something that i could download so that i can burn my files to cd?

A:program to burn files to cd? unable to move or copy files

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Give this a try. It's a freebee.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-to-burn-files-to-cd-unable-to-move-or-copy-files.351163/
Relevancy 74.39%

hi everyone this is my first thread Nero files!!! Problem my eating with Fitted a new LG GSA-H N multi format drive to Problem with Nero eating my files!!! replace my old DVD-ROM drive as master drive on my Packard Bell i media build computer I uninstalled old drive in device manager Problem with Nero eating my files!!! st Hardware was detected soon as I started and name of drive came up o k I installed new firmware from LG website was RL now RL because of my NERO problem but didn't make a difference Everything plays o k on my drive and it records on blank discs fine CD RW amp DVD RW's However as soon as you put in a RW disc with files folders on it NERO does an I S O Refresh on start up a box appears with so many files removed so many replaced and so many added Can anyone tell me please why it is doing this I have written to NERO weeks ago no response yet I lost all my jpeg folders off a CD RW in this way It left the single jpeg's on the disc I was using NERO and have now updated to NERO to see if it would make a difference but problem is still there I have diconnected my nd drive which was a CD RW one but no difference On NERO if you select MORE then CONFIGURE then EXPERT FEATURES you will see a box that is selected by default saying remove written files to archive during I S O Refesh I have unchecked this box but problem still persists My daughter just had files wiped off a DVD RW by this Refresh this afternoon I have a new drive I cannot use now because of this problem Does anyone know what this refresh is How can I stop it Has anyone else encountered this with NERO Is it a problem with installation of my new drive I would appreciate any feedback on this Thank you tech no

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-nero-eating-my-files-162024.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi everyone,
My problem is the DVD after the burn process by nero 7 is not showing the files.Whenever I m burning the video files the DVD property shows the contents but when I open the DVD the popup window shows blank page.Could not figure out the problem.Does nero 7 reads only a specific format of vodeo files or is there any other problem?
Anyone plz reply...
Thanx
Casanova

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-files-burn-problem.858966/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi everyone

I have 700mb mp3 files when i try to burn into disc
it gives me error and not enough memory

i tried with Windows Media Player and Nero

In Nero i saw the capacity of the files were more than 24000mb

In real it is 700mb

what is the real problem?

Can anyone help me in this

Thanks in Advance

A:Problem with Burn files into Discs

Hi,

Make sure you are creating an MP3 disk in Nero.

Also activate "over burn", this will enable a further 3MB or so of disk space on the CD disks which you would not normally have access to.

OK?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294642-problem-burn-files-into-discs.html
Relevancy 73.53%

just opened nero to burn something and it only gives me the option to burn an image file

i only used it a few days ago and i had 4 options, to create images with cd or dvd or to create disks with cd or dvd like music cds, data discs etc

suddenly they are not there no more and only the cd option no dvd option

i inserted a blank cd and blank dvd and i still only get the 1 option.

any help?

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all,

I recorded a live piece of music via nero wave editor (like I do a lot).

Unfortunately it crashed as I was about to click save. Not a problem as when you load it up there is a creen that says you can recover the content, so I clicked yes to it (as I have on a few occasions now).

HOWEVER - this time it would not let me open it and instead gives an error message saying: "an error occured when opening the file"

I can see the temp file. It is a huge 800mb file, which is definately it.
Can anyone PLEEEEEAAAASEEEEE help me open it. I need it asap

Thanks in advance!

A:Nero Wave Editor Problem (tmp files)

Is it a proprietary temp file? Not a wav file by chance or just a wav file in disguise? If its the former I don't know what you can do with it but if its actually just a wav file you can try running it through a conversion program like Switch. The trick is to just "convert" it to the same exact format except by doing that, a proper output file is created that can again be opened by Nero. Switch happens to be a conversion program I discovered that is more forgiving in so far as opening corrupted wav files where other programs won't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-wave-editor-problem-tmp-files.739484/
Relevancy 70.95%

I m not sure if this is the right section but here s the problem can but files burn pictures burn Solved: can't to disc I I Yesterday I tried to burn a folder containing pictures about MB worth and a few WordPad files onto a brand new blank CD-RW disc with MB of space using the Mastered format When I tried burning the files to disc I got Solved: I can't burn pictures to disc but I can burn files a message saying quot There was an error burning this disc It might no longer be usable quot I tried using another blank disc and got the same error I also tried using an older CD-R disc that still had Solved: I can't burn pictures to disc but I can burn files plenty of room on it and I still got the same error I also tried burning just the pictures and not the files and got the same error I then tried to burn just the files and not the pictures This time it worked I was able to burn the WordPad files to the disc but not the pictures Any ideas why this is happening I was able to burn pictures onto a blank disc just weeks ago without any problems but now it won t work I m using a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows Vista Basic nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

I got Error Message Windows XP IA WinAspi File Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version d Recorder lt HL-DT-ST DVDRAM with Burn 6.6.1.4 DVD. Nero Problem GMA- B gt Version A - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt SI KOR DVD-ROM CRD- B gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt SCSI gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral WDC WD BB- CAA atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral IOMEGA ZIP atapi Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA- B atapi Port ID Nero 6.6.1.4 Problem with Burn DVD. DMA On CdRomPeripheral Generic DVD-ROM d prt Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral SI KOR DVD-ROM CRD- B cdspacex Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA- B E CDRom SI KOR DVD-ROM CRD- B F CDRom Generic DVD-ROM G CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Nero 6.6.1.4 Problem with Burn DVD. Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled ISO compilation PM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate Nero 6.6.1.4 Problem with Burn DVD. FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession TRUE Multisession type Start multisession Burning mode DAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set Multibyte Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE PM ISODOC - File Isodoc cpp Line Error while creating ISO or Joliet file names Existing drivers File Drivers PXHELP SYS Ver a size bytes created PM Prassi Veritas driver for win K File Drivers scsiport sys Ver xpsp sp rtm - size bytes created PM Adapter driver for src Registry Keys HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion WinLogon AllocateCDROMs Security Option Anyone know how to fix it This happened when I finished burn DVD I don t know why this happened to me nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nero-6-6-1-4-problem-with-burn-dvd.50957/
Relevancy 68.8%

I m running XP using Nero I am burning minute audio CD Burn Nero 6 Problem Audio sessions on one Cd I have been doing this for about years which will explain my level of experience I had two sessions that totaled about minutes each so I had to change the playback rate just a little bit to get them to fit on an min CD-R After burning my master I just happened to notice that not all of the disc was used-- why not when I had to compress to get all on disc Also on one of the masters it had two Nero 6 Audio CD Burn Problem seperate rings that had been burnt--a quot gap in the middle and about quot gap on outer perimeter I played one of them in my car player Nero 6 Audio CD Burn Problem and it seemed to play alright but I m about to print copies of my masters to many CD-Rs for dispersement So I said all of this because I just can t figure out why all of the CD-R surface wasn t used when I know I have minutes of audio This is wierd Please help-- I want good copies Thanks nbsp

A:Nero 6 Audio CD Burn Problem

I think the primary question here is: How do they sound? If they sound OK, I don't think it will be a problem. Did you check to make sure the entire thing was there or did you only listen to part of it? Maybe you compressed them to much? Did you try a different CD burning program and see if the same thing happens?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-6-audio-cd-burn-problem.569353/
Relevancy 68.8%

My name is Angelo and I can't seem to fit a 2 part avi file on to a regular blank dvd I don't know what to do. Can I make it smaller or something? Please help me.

A:I have a problem with nero. Can't burn a big avi file to a dvd

There are plenty of utilities you can use to recompress the avi's. They must be massivly long (or use nil compression) to be so large +4.5GB.

Search for Yasasoft or Cucusoft avi converters. There will be loads of others too. Someone might want to suggest some better ones.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-have-a-problem-with-nero-cant-burn-a-big-avi-file-to-a-dvd-69268.html
Relevancy 68.37%

When I go to burn a cd in Nero 5.5, I can't set my burn speed any lower than 8x. I am using Memorex Music cd-r's, and they apparently aren't pleased with being burned at 8x, as they crackle badly on every cd player I try. However, they sound fine at 12x, it's just that most cd players don't want to read them at that speed. My burner is an Artec WRR-4848; I don't know what sets the burn speeds within Nero, if it is related to autodetecting something about the burner, but I checked for firmware updates and I have the newest version. This is all very frustrating, as I wanted to burn cd's as Christmas presents, and it is now February. It has been a struggle all the way, to say the least. I thank you in advance for any help you might offer.

A:(Solved) Burn speed problem in Nero

The burning speeds in Nero are based on the capabilities of your CD-R drive, Nero 5.5.10 allows me to burn at 4x, 8x. 12x, and 16x. My CD-RW drive is a 16x drive, so that makes perfect sense.

FWIW, I think you may have better luck changing the media brand, rather than trying to change the burning speed. I burn my music CD's at 8x and 12x, and they sound fine on any of my CD players.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burn-speed-problem-in-nero.116695/
Relevancy 67.94%

Ok so my friends computer has three files sitting in a "ready to be burned" folder on the cd-rw drive. However if you try to delete these three files it says that it "cannot read from the source file or disc."

I tried uninstalling the cd drive but when i reinstalled it the files were still waiting to be burned.

It is Win XP Home.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-delete-files-that-are-ready-to-burn-to-cd-but-are-missing-files-284042.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files Apparently corrupted files I am Inability Unwanted files messages MSWord picture to files. MSExcel Apparently encoding and corrupted files. on opening files? open having problems opening doc and xls and jpg files in some but not all folders in my folder tree e g C Documents and Settings username My Documents Folder X However Folders Y and Z are apparently unaffected This has arisen only recently My system is Windows XP Home and Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files? SP upgraded to SP MSWORD EXAMPLE - On opening a Word file whether from Word or from Windows Explorer I receive this dialog box quot File Conversion - filename doc quot quot Select the encoding that makes your document readable quot The already selected button is quot Other encoding quot and the suggested code is quot Japanese quot The preview pane shows only an array of characters all the same Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files? On trying to select the button quot Windows Default quot the preview changes to a continuous array of lower-case xxxxxxx On returning to the quot Other encoding quot option and trying quot Auto-Select quot the selected code returns itself to quot Japanese quot with the display as already noted above On returning to the quot Other encoding quot option and trying quot Western European Windows quot the display reverts to the Windows Default style as already noted above lines of xxxxxxx I am unable to open the file MSEXCEL EXAMPLE - On opening an Excel file all I get is an immensely long string of a character in cell A Same character all the way Again I am unable to open the file PICTURE EXAMPLE - On opening a jpg file from a picture program or direct from Windows Explorer I get messages such as quot No preview available quot in Windows Picture and Fax viewer or quot Cannot open file filename jpg in Corel or just the boxed in little red X in MS Office Picture Manager Again I am unable to open the file CLUE - I recently installed a down-loaded trial copy of BackUp All and ran it I then had start-up problems with a blue screen and message about computer damage suspect hardware software etc and the machine did a Memory Dump and then rebooted successfully This happened every time I started from cold I then uninstalled BackUp All and removed all traces The blue screen problem has not recurred Could this have been connected with the problems noted above It seems possible and please note that since then it appears that any new files I save to the affected Folders can be opened correctly but still not the earlier ones They are obviously corrupted Any help will be received with thanks These files are valuable and I want them back Robin Oram

A:Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files?

This sounds like it might be a malware infection.

Have you run any scans lately?

Did you download BackUp4All from a reputable source?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201994/unwanted-encoding-messages-on-opening-msword-files-inability-to-open-msexcel-files-and-picture-files-apparently-corrupted-files/
Relevancy 63.64%

i'm trying to add a movie in a lot of small avi files to nero express yet it seems to crash after certain amount are added? help!

A:How Many Avi Files Can Nero Take?

Hi kevin.
Depends on the capacity of the media you're saving\burning to. The final product will also be larger once nero gets done with it. For a standard dvd, 3.6gb should be safe. For a cd, 550mb.
Which version of nero are you using and please describe "crash". (i.e error messages,etc)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164563/how-many-avi-files-can-nero-take/
Relevancy 63.64%

I wasn t sure what topic to ask this in but after putting a file name in GOOGLE search came up with a clue Nero And Nero? from Files it s in my desktop folder CD-WRITERS which I have shortcuts to these CDex Nero CD-Now etc The other day I was trying to figure out Nero I jus noticed in this folder of quot shortcuts quot there are maybe or so files with names like STF IDX TDBIDXL DAT CA IDX and many more with numbers SA E IDX I tried to open one and the quot Files from Nero? open this with quot box came up I have never been able to open a file using this If I don t know what the file is I don t know what program to open it with At that time I hadn t gotten the clue about Nero and it might Files from Nero? be music related so clicked quot iexplore quot to open it with It wouldn t open it and turned all the files to E files They had had that little flag icon on them After that nothing would happen Files from Nero? when I clicked one I put it in google search and got a question someone thinking it was a worm and answer from another help board I virus scanned one of the strange files with AVG and quot The Cleaner quot and it was fine -------------------------------------------- QUESTION We have regenerating files ex--CA IDX which increase hexidecimally to or more showing up in the root We think it may have originated from a sav extension file So far we have not located a fix Any info will be appreciated the answer These files may be generated by Nero Burning CD-rom program If you create a user database in a user-specified directory then all those files ca idx-ctuc idx and cdbidxl dat are created in that directory ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Is it okay to delete them from my CD-WRITER shortcut folder on the desktop I was trying to burn a cd with Nero using various directions and never did get one done that works Apparently anytime I tried it more of these files were going into the folder I have the shortcut to Nero in Also on the same subject HOW DO I OPEN FILES that bring up the quot open with quot box I mean aside from this If I guess at the program to use and it s wrong the files turn into this and I can t get the quot open with quot selection box up again Thanks Carrie nbsp

A:Files from Nero?

First off, if you're going to do a "trial" open-with, uncheck the "Always use this program to open" box, and you'll get the same prompt next time. If you leave it checked, you'll have to go to the extensions editor and delete the action for that file extension.

I don't know what the files you see are, I use Nero all the time, and it doesn't generate anything like you mention.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/files-from-nero.130235/
Relevancy 63.64%

Just bought a new writer equipped with NERO-- I am very familiar with EZ CREATOR, but new to NERO.
Clicking on HELP gives an error but I was told that you can download the HELP FILes from somewhere- I tried the NERO site and maybe it escaped me , but I could not find it.

Sure would appreciate some help-- Also does anyone understand why HELP files would not be included with the regular download.

Also-- can you do most of the common things on NERO EXpress or is that just for simple copying?
Thanks ralph

Relevancy 63.64%

Anyone know why my Nero DVD burning software will not accept .asx files for burning???? Haven't found any help at the Nero web site yet. Have some .asx video clips. They play OK in Windows Media Player but Nero will not accept them for burning onto a DVD. Do I just need the right codec or is it more complex than that???

A:Nero and .asx Files

asx files are normally just a pointer to the actual video file and not the video file itself. Like a playlist. You click the asx file which holds the info to where the video is, it takes you there and plays the video file when you get there which should be an .asf file and is usually on the web somewhere.
If you right click an asx file and select properties, you should see that it is no where near big enough to be a video file on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-and-asx-files.529209/
Relevancy 63.64%

If I have an iso file and I want to put everything in that image onto CD, do I have to extract that image with a program like WinIso first before putting it onto CD, or does Nero Burning Rom 6 have an option to have the stuff in the iso file go onto CD by just selecting the image file to burn? If Nero 6 can put the contents of the iso image directly onto CD without the iso being extracted first, could someone explain how to do this?

A:Nero 6 and ISO files

on the left panel in nero choose iso cd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-6-and-iso-files.159522/
Relevancy 63.21%

i have a friend she is runing windows xp and has ahead nero, she can copy a cd but when she puts the cd into media and then trys to compile a cd it wont read the file format which is wma
any help would be great as i can do this on my computer with no problem

A:cant burn wma files

One problem with the WMA format is that most users are using the Default settings from Windows Media Player, and when you create a WMA file with this default setting, you are preventing anyone from writing this to a CD.

It's a protection feature they have. You must first disable this from within the Window Media Players TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> Copy Music settings, and disable the Protect Content option.

When you first install Windows Media Player, it warns you of this.
WMA files that you buy from the internet are also protected and can not be burned to CD with Nero.

You may also need to download a "Plug In" for Nero, to use WMA files.

Look on Google for more details.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-wma-files.168972/
Relevancy 63.21%

I supposedly have a DVD burner. I can see my .mp4 files fine in my computer, but can't burn them on my DVD burner.
On that drive I can see other .jpg or .bmp files just fine.
Black screen says I need a video adapter cable for my monitor???? I have a Dell about 2 years old .
Help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-mp4-files-to-dvd.850736/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Compaq Presario notebook with a CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive. I have been able to burn music (.wav files) to CD in the past. Two months ago it suddenly stopped. I can burn a data CD, I can read CDs and DVDs, but I can't burn a music CD. The software that was preinstalled was "Intervideo Win DVD". I also tried installing Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 and again, I can do everything but burn .wav files to CD.

The software gets about 95% through the burn process, then shows a burn failure upon closing. The "error" screen that appears is a box that has a heading of "Sense 03 ASC:OC ASCQOO Command 2A, and then lists below 7 .dll files.

Can anyone shed some light? I did call HP and their tech chat couldn't help find a solution.

Thanks!

Relevancy 63.21%

I have a couple music downloads that are in .rar format (whole cd's) and normally I can open them with winrar and it's very simple and straightforward to burn them (folders of music) but I have a couple that are .bin and .cue files after I extract them. The .bin files are sizable and the .cue files are very small. I tried burning the .cue files to cd and I get nothing (even though it's acting like it's burning a normal cd). What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 63.21%

I'm having a problem burning music on WMP. I add all the files to the burn list until it can't fit any more. So I know I'm within the CD's capability. I have for example 18 songs, it says they'll all fit (and it shows 79 of the 80 minutes used), when I hit "burn" with a blink of an eye, only the first 8 are even shown, the others aren't even on the list anywhere. It also will show burning like 31 minutes when the CD holds 80. I've tried several CD's.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Linda

A:WMP won't burn all files

What version of Windows and Windows media player are you using and are all the music files the same type/file extension? What file extensions are they?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-wont-burn-all-files.421147/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, I wanna burn some AVI files to a dvd, but whenever I use Nero, a 350mb file takes up about 3.5gb of space...? How can this happen? And how would I fit 4.5gigs of video files on a dvd so that I can view it on a dvd player?

A:How to burn .avi files?

hi,

this is not a direct answer..just a suggestion..
it is easier to just buy avi (divx/xvid) capable dvd player so that you can simply burn the avi file directly to CDR or DVDR, considering it;s cheap price

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-burn-avi-files.77568/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, I've just got a new PC with a LG GSA-4160b DVD-RW but cannot audio cds in a .cue and .wav format.
Before I have used both Nero and EAC to do the job, now neither work.
In EAC it writes the lead in and then says

Error

Write blocks: Logical unit not ready, long write in progress

In Nero, I get this message before any recording starts

Cannot write compilation Track-At-Once with this drive,

yet Nero is set to record at disc-at-once.
Any other recording goes fine, I have burned DVD-R, CD data and CD audio without any problems (All with Nero)

Anybody help?

OS XP SP2
Nero 6.6
EAC 0.95
Intel 3.4

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-burn-with-cue-files.304036/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have desktop with windows xp. I want to burn some files (i.e. Microsoft Office and pictures) to a dvd because I am going to do a system recovery on my pc. When I insert the dvd and go to the folder where the files are located the option to burn does not appear at the top. What should I do?

A:How to burn files

I replied on one of you other multiple threads here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=690557#post690557

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-burn-files.116821/
Relevancy 63.21%

Not sure if there is a forum for this, but i really need to know what to do.

I have some .cue and .bin files and I would like to know how to burn them to dvd? I have Nero, and it will not let me do this. says it has to be a cd-r/rw. how can i burn them to a dvd. thanks!
Hawkeye

A:How do I burn .cue and .bin files?

You burned them as data? Burning these files is not the same as burning a regular data CD.

For your Nero, do you have Nero StartSmart? Find the task called "Burn Image to Disc". Once you select that option, browse to where your .bin/.cue files are located and burn. The .cue file is an index file, that contains layout information. The .bin file contains the actual data. You will be selecting the .cue file when you burn.

There are many other ways to burn these types of files, and a lot of different software to do it. I won't expand on that now, we'll just stick with the Nero software that you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-burn-cue-and-bin-files.68604/
Relevancy 63.21%

hi. the problem i have is that i have a film on my system but i can't burn it to cd. the file contains .pls files. as i am a beginner i don't understand. i have tried to burn it with nero 8 but no joy. i would appreciate it if somebody could help me

Relevancy 63.21%

Hey,

I have some video clips that I have recorded with my digital camera and I just got around to buying a firewire card and ripping it to my computer, but they ripped to WMV format, is there anyway i can either convert the wmv format to either go on a DVD or a VCD / SVCD disk

Thanks
Lewis

Relevancy 63.21%

I need help finding a program that will let me burn AVI or MP4 (I'd prefer AVI) files to a DVD that can be played on a DVD player, not just computer. I have nero 8, but it will only let me burn files that aren't already in DVD file format. I'd like if the program was free, but at this point I'm willing to pay. Thank you very much!

A:Burn Avi/mp4 Files To Dvd

Avi2DVD is freeware which will accomplish this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152185/burn-avimp4-files-to-dvd/
Relevancy 63.21%

Using WinRAR I archived all of a large program I'm not using at this time. I wanted to store the .rar archive on a DVD, the file will easily fit. However, neither windows nor Nero Backup will burn these files. WHY?

Any way I can do this?

A:Cannot Burn .rar Files.

windows xp does not burn dvd's, your rar file should be burned as a data dvd by nero express

nero back up is not primarily for burning, it's a backup program, and not a very good one at that

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136446/cannot-burn-rar-files/
Relevancy 63.21%

I used to be able to either format a DVD or just burn my *.DOC files to a dvd, but my nero burning rom isn't working any longer. Do you know of a free program that will:
1. Format a dvd
2. Burn my *.doc files to a dvd for storage.

Thanks

Silverado

Relevancy 63.21%

I'm not sure if this belongs here because I'm not sure if it's a vista problem or a drive problem but my google searching leads me to believe it's a vista problem I have a Sony Vaio laptop that runs windows vista home premium bit with a Matshita dvd-ram uj qj ata device drive I am not able to burn cds or dvds using Windows Media Player or Nero In windows media player I get the error code c d da and in Nero i just get quot burn failed quot I have been having the problem for a long time and I'm not sure if it started after an update or downloading new software Until burn files Can't today it would usually push through and burn an entire cd after mistakes in other words wasting cds as it will burn the first few songs each time only but Can't burn files now I have wasted about cds and it's not working I Can't burn files have spent a few hours googling the error code and it seems to be fairly popular with vista users who are trying on several different programs I have tried one suggestion that worked for someone else of run gt regsvr exe wmp dll but it did not work I have tried to install a new version of media player over top of my old one but it won't let me and vista won't let you remove media player i'm sure it will SOMEHOW but i'm not very computer savy If anyone has a resolution to this problem you would be my hero The easier the solution the better but if it's a bit complicated a step by step instruction would be greatly appreciated

A:Can't burn files

Hi & Welcome

I don't think you mentioned this but what KIND of files are you attempting to burn and with WHAT?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-burn-files-376186.html
Relevancy 63.21%

On many occasions it is necessary to burn an ISO to a CD The Recovery Console for instance can be downloaded and a CD made to use when the XP CD is an OEM edition and does not include the Recovery Burn files ISO Console or the XP CD was never provided as the installation was to the HDD with a recovery partition Puppy Linux used to boot Burn ISO files when Windows will not and recover your data also requires an ISO burner Another post by me covers the use of this invaluable facility http www techspot com vb topic html There are any number of ISO burning programs available and some editions of the well known burning software include the capability to burn an ISO For those members who need one this is probably one of the easiest to use it requires hardly any resources to run and the graphical interface is simple to understand It can be used on XP Vista and other editions of Windows It cannot be used on Windows Do NOT insert the burning medium until the program asks for it http www terabyteunlimited com downloads burncdcc zip nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burn-iso-files.156236/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have win and I was Burnning Video Files to my DL Blank DVD I would put the DVD in the Drive and use the Win Box that would open It would Burn Files say do you want to Burn these Files to Disc And it was working good Now I put the same DL R DVD in the Drive that I have been useing And now the Win Box opens and asks me if I want to Burn these files and I click YES Then I Drag my files to the Disc and click Burn Then I give the Disc a name and put a check in use with any DVD Player or something like that The other option is for Use This Like A USB Flash Drive so I do not use that option Then I click next In here I pick my speed and yes I leave it at Default And I do not put Burn Files a check in Close Window After Burnning And then click Burn and it starts to Burn and give me a Graph After say SEC the screen goes away and the Drive will still spin I come back in MIN and the Drive is still sping So I hit the Eject Button on my PC and it will not stop spinning or Eject I have to Power Down Burn Files the System and Bootup again to open the Drive And if I put my Disc back in and open it it did Burn my Files to it And no in the Burn window there is no check Box for Eject Disc when files are Burn So why is my Burn window closeing as it is Burnning it use to show me a Graph for the whole thing And the Drive wont stop or open after it Burns

A:Burn Files

It could be the drive , or the program not completing its function.
Try downloading ImgBurn and install that and see if the error repeats , its a free burning application.
Post back result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571127/burn-files/
Relevancy 63.21%

hellooooooo.
a friend sent me some cda files which appear quite small. i have them on a memory stick, and would like to create a cd out of them. i have both windows media player and real player on my computer. i cannot figure out how to do this. any assistance would be appreciated.

A:how to burn cda files

You cannot do a single thing with .cda files. They live on the audio CD and act as pointers to the actual music files. You don't have any music on your memory stick.
Unless your friend created the music himself, you were going to give him the CD back right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-burn-cda-files.379194/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have 2 files .mpg, 790mb each, about 55min play time on each one, I thought Nero is not gonna accept this ‘cause my cds only 700mb, but he did accept the files to be burned (SVCD),. Now when I play the cd on the dvd player its showing only 35 min on each cd, anybody know why this happen, I mean if the movie cant fit, nero will advise, no?! anybody can help,
(I just start the cd on the dvd player and I stopped it when I realize that its not complete, I just heard somebody saying that the cd might continue running even if the timer is finish, I mean when the 35 min will finish, is that true???)
sorry for my english

A:burn mpg files

soldtheworld,

No need to 'apologise for your english' - cannot offer any tips regarding your problems, other than to suggest that in addition, you might post a request for help here :

http://www.dvdrhelp.com

They have forums dedicated to DVD related 'issues' - its certainly worth searching for posts by others who have experienced a problem similar to yours, and if need be to register and post there, as well as here.
Hope you get it solved.

Rich.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burn-mpg-files.220695/
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm trying to burn some .avi files onto a disc.

I'm using windows media player and it says they cannot be burned. There is an X beside the movie file name there is an X. I click the X and click error details. It says the files is too large to fit on the disc. This is totally untrue.

The disc is a standard DVD :S I don't get whats going on, I remember I've burned video files before but I think I made a data disc, I forget how to do this.

Also, could it be this SecuRom thing I'm hearing about. I heard it comes with the Spore Creature Creator and can stop burning from working. I bought the Spore Creature Creator through direct download.

Thank you.

edit: I have Data Disc checked and it still has this stupid problem.

A:What? Why can't I burn these files?

The Burn dropdown on Windows Media Player on an XP system says Audio CD or Data CD. Notice that it says CD, not DVD and if yours says Disc, it still means CD not DVD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-why-cant-i-burn-these-files.734503/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, I have recently got several separated parts in rar. of iso files that I want to join them up into one and put it into a disc for installing an OS, does anyone know how to do that?thanks!Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum and added a topic descriptor. ~ Animal

A:How Can I Put Burn Iso Files Together?

if is split up into several .rar-files you just unpack them (download winrar if you havent already, rightclick on of the files, and choose "unpack here" or something). then you get an isofile (it will probably look like a rar-file, but its not), and you can burn i.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81850/how-can-i-put-burn-iso-files-together/
Relevancy 63.21%

hi guys

i have a movie in bin & cue files and i am trying to burn it with nero 6 on a dvd
and it ask me a cd instead
can i do something
thank you

A:burn bin & cue files to dvd

To burn bin/cue files to cd/dvd, tell Nero to burn a CD/DVD image, and select the bin/cue file. If it is a DVD image, it can only burn to DVD media, just like a CD image can only be burned to CD media.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burn-bin-cue-files-to-dvd.429865/
Relevancy 63.21%

morning everyone,

Can someone pls explain to me in simple terms, how I can born files from Audio TS and Vodeo TS onto a dvd? The audio folder is empty, and the video folder contains the following files: BUP , IFO and VOB

Am using nero ultra 6, how do i burn these files into a movie on a dvd? Thanks in advance !

A:How do I burn these files: BUP , IFO and VOB

VOB: A VOB (Video OBject) contains several streams multiplexed together: Video, Audio and Subtitles. Video is MPEG-2, audio can be AC-3, Linear PCM, Mpeg 2 multichannel or MPEG1 layer2 2 channel audio.
IFO: An info file associated with a .VRO video file. The .VRO file contains the video stream and the .IFO file contains various scene and timing information. This is different form a .VOB file where that information is included in the file. Several manufacturers use .VRO/.IFO files. If present, the file VIDEO_TS.IFO consists of control and playback information for the entire DVD. VIDEO_TS.IFO is known as VMGI (The Video Manager Information file). This file is required to be present on a DVD-compliant disc.

Bup: No, clue. Use some sort of cd-indexer to use it.

I dont have a clue how to burn it but maybe these definitions will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-burn-these-files-bup-ifo-and-vob.326997/
Relevancy 63.21%

hello friends
happy new year to you all/
i have some wav files songs on wav file. i got a converter to mps online and use it , well some of the programes i got cut the song short, then i did get one that works .
so i have nero so i get the song coverted to mp3 ok . i get the disc to burn ok . its plays ok in the home stero, but on in the car stero so any help would be great thankyou
i have window7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burn-wav-files-447492.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi! Does anyone know how to burn vob files onto a dvd.
I used WinAvi Video Converter to convert my .avi file to a dvd file. But I can't figure out how to burn it onto a DVD. I'm using Nero Reloaded.
If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Relevancy 63.21%

I am trying to burn audio files from my hard drive to a CD using Nero Burning Rom. I opened the application, selected Audio-CD, selected the files and told it to burn. It evidently creates an image which it puts on my hard drive but I can't figure out how to get it to burn to a CD. Can anyone help?
I am using Windows XP Pro.

Relevancy 63.21%

HI ia m new to this ISo create an image and burn it to a cd ---
First i would like to know :
By creating an image file is this a complete image of the cd i made the image from ?

after i burn this image can i pop in the cd and listen to the music , will it play like a normal music cd ?

and i dont understand how the image (Iso file ) can be so small 1.5MB for the image i made from a 15 song cd . i hope somone has the time to explain this to me ..
thanks for all the help ..
cheers MGT

Relevancy 62.78%

I have a ripped DVD on my hard drive Files Video and 8 Nero that I am trying to burn back into a DVD I ve been using Nero s make a DVD-Video with DVD-Video files program The files on my hard drive are vob ifo and bup files When I burn them onto a DVD they work fine in my computer but when I place the newly burned DVD into either Video Files and Nero 8 my blu ray player or regular dvd player it tells me disk error Normally I d just convert them over to another format and burn it using Nero vision but Video Files and Nero 8 in this Video Files and Nero 8 case I have to use all the files present because if I just take the video it s in German and not English The ifo file gives the option to have it in English I use Nero Ultra non-pirated version I tried using DVD Shrink thinking maybe it s a format problem which then created two folders one audio and the other video of which the audio folder is empty I then used Nero to burn them to a DVD again using the creating a DVD-Video from DVD-Video files program Still same issue Works great on my computer but no DVD player will play it What s the deal I m confused nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-files-and-nero-8.919225/
Relevancy 62.78%

I m having trouble with Nero I m running it on Windows Here s the problem I m trying to compile an audio CD from wav files on my hard drive So I m using the compile a off Nero cutting wav files CD feature - dragging files from the right window into the new compilation window on the left The first wav will copy over fine But when I drag over the second wav Nero cutting off wav files a few seconds from the start of the track are cut off When I drag over the third a few more seconds are cut off - and so on The result is that by the Nero cutting off wav files time I get to the tenth track I ve lost about the first minute of audio I thought this might just be a problem with Nero s playback but when I burn a CD they come out this way too I presume there is a setting to prevent this happening but can t find it anywhere nor any mention of it in the help files Can anyone shed any light Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Nero cutting off wav files

Maybe this can assist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-cutting-off-wav-files.162424/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have quite a few files in my HD that I have capture directly from a satelite receiver using the ATI All-in-wonder RADEON 7500 card. The format is MPG and I have no problem playing these MPG files directly from my pc HD. I would like to burn them into DVD (using NERO 6.6 perferbably). Do I have to convert these MPG into MPEG2 first.? What is the diference between MPG and MPEG? I have read (including Mulder's guide- which is fantastic to newbies like mysef) and searched the subject but no luck so far.

A:Burning MPG files in DVD using NERO 6.6

antrod said:

I have quite a few files in my HD that I have capture directly from a satelite receiver using the ATI All-in-wonder RADEON 7500 card. The format is MPG and I have no problem playing these MPG files directly from my pc HD. I would like to burn them into DVD (using NERO 6.6 perferbably). Do I have to convert these MPG into MPEG2 first.? What is the diference between MPG and MPEG? I have read (including Mulder's guide- which is fantastic to newbies like mysef) and searched the subject but no luck so far.Click to expand...

Not only does it have to be in MPEG2 format, but it has to be specific parameters for DVD compatibility. But you don't worry about that because whatever DVD authoring program you use (in this case, NERO), it will give you a choice to burn with DVD compatability and it will take care of it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-mpg-files-in-dvd-using-nero-6-6.364412/
Relevancy 62.78%

A few years a go I backed up and entire drive with Nero backitup. I recently found this stack of DVD's which were the drive backup and have being trying to restore 'parts' of it.
question is, I only want to restore parts of this backup such as photos and documents (from 1st year college so memories are bury to say the least). is there a way of restoring or seeing the files within the .dat files to restore, as if I try restore the drive image it keeps wanting to wipe out an entire partition to replace, and i'm short on drive space.

any help would be great,
cheers
Andrew

A:Nero Backitup .dat files

There's an option on the Restore tab to "Ask for each file" which might help.
It would be far easier, and relatively cheap, to get an external drive or a larger HD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-backitup-dat-files.741099/
Relevancy 62.78%

A time ago I have saved some selections of music out of many titles. Now, the letter of the drives and the numbering of the directories have changed. Is there a way to edit my old nri files so that I still can use them? (say replace Drive N: with drive E Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-nri-files-to-be-edited.584782/
Relevancy 62.78%

hey guys i need help
can anyone tell me how to burn nero .tmp files which are
located in the TEMP folder
thanx alot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-burning-tmp-files.309616/
Relevancy 62.78%

i have had several failed attempts to burn a file to disk (power faliures) and now nero is saying there isnt enough space for the project anyone know how i can access these files and delete them so i have space enough for a new project?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I wanted to enlist the experts out there since you all 7.5.7 xbmc Nero files on have never failed me yet What I wanted to ask is the following Previously in Nero I was able to select udf with xbox compatibility and when I burn my files using this format I am able to see and Nero 7.5.7 files on xbmc play my avi files on xbmc Now with nero I have to select udf ensure no multisession and also select enable xbox compatibility yet now the xbmc can quot read quot the disc label but when I try to explore the Nero 7.5.7 files on xbmc disc to look at the files it states that the disc or folder something similar to that is invalid I have also tried to just burn iso or udf without the xbox compatibility and still to no avail The weird thing is on another computer if I try to burn with nero it is ok again Am I doing something wrong or should I just revert back to nero Secondly why in nero do I have to ensure there is no multisession before I get the xbox compatibility Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-7-5-7-files-on-xbmc.545158/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am using a DVD+RW burner and burning to DVD+R disk, both are Verbatim brand. Using Nero ver 5.5.10.35, upgraded after my other posting. My problem now is that when I try to burn muliple sessions on a blank disk sometimes Nero will see the previous session and work or eject the disk and say I need a RW disk. I've only had 2 successes and several failures. Any suggestions as to what I can try?

Relevancy 62.78%

How can I find them and delete them? Thanks

A:Nero's registry files??

Use Nero's own Clean Tools.
http://www.nero.com/nero6/en/Clean_Tools.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/neros-registry-files.490893/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Everyone

This is driving me crazy almost for whole week.

When i try to burn Data DVD with Nero In most of the AVI files i get video codec not supported.
And i have reinstalled my PC because of this but no luck.

I'm using windows XP MEDIA CENTER EDITION 2005
I get sound but no picture.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

And i try to update reinstall Nero but nothing worked

Merry Christmas and Happy 2011 everyone!

Relevancy 62.78%

I basically know the proceedure for buring a Bin file to a cd using Nero but i don't want to burn it to a cd just yet. What i want to do is use nero to take the Bin file and uncompress all the files in it, to a folder on my hard drive so i can look at some of the files and see if i want to burn it to cd or not. Does anybody know how to do that? If Nero doesn't have that capabily then what program does and how would it do it? By the way, my present folder does have both the Bin and Que files in it.

A:Burning Bin/Que files in Nero?

isobuster... a very good program i use all the time
http://www.isobusterdownload.com/isobuster_14_eng.zip

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-bin-que-files-in-nero.169529/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello everyone !
I wish to thank you all for answering me to a previous message.And I'd like to ask you other Qs.
1/I don't know how to open "avi " video files.I've tried wmplayer 7.1 and winamp 2.91;both failed opening the video files having this extension.I'm using win98se.
2/I was trying to burn mp3 files stored in my computer as audio CD.But Nero 5.5 was burning them either in a random or in an alphabetical order.I don't know how to select this order.The same problem appears when i try to copy an audio CD to an audio copy; ie , the files don't come in the same order as on the original CD.
Please give me your input.Thank you in advance.

A:about video files& Nero 5.5

1) You probably need a codec also. Some avi are coded in a special compression algorithm, like Divx f.i. To be able to read those file you need the appropriate codec. You can download it at www.divx.com (don't get the ad-ware enabled pro version) or you could get the codec pak klcodec at any k-lite site.

2) Try not using the wizard. Onces in the 'new cd' windows, you can change the order manually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/about-video-files-nero-5-5.7200/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am trying to capture video from a Canon camcorder to my hardrive using Nero Start Smart. I have followed all directions from tutorials but everytime I have tried capturing I have a lot of dropped files. I have Windows XP operating system. What is weird is that I have had one success at this with one tape but I am getting tons of dropped files ever since. I have experimented with other tapes and settings but with the same dropped files results. I am capturing using the DVD setting so that I can later burn the captured video to a DVD. I know that I am doing the process correctly but I am obviously missing something. Also, I have used Pinnacle Studios software to capture video but it will not correspond with my DVD burner which is why I have to use Nero. I did a web search for troubleshooting and found this forum. Please help.

Relevancy 62.78%

I stored my C drive on CD with nero backup utility before taking my hard drive to a new computer I was unable to get up and going without a format and XP Pro Restoring Nero Help Files Need reload Now for the life of me I can t figure out how to restore my files I m using Nero OEM Suite with Nero Express and Nero backitup I go to the the restore backup function in Need Nero Help Restoring Files Nero I insert the last disk In the area that say select back up information I click on the folder to the right Need Nero Help Restoring Files and go to the d drive and I find files One is a folder the other has a symbol I am not familar with I click on the one with the strange symbol and it goes to the bottom area where you have the drop down area and then I click open and it puts it back in the select backup information area It reads malia allgaier ndi Then I click the button that says Restore to a selected path and put in c backup Then I click the next button and it has the c with what they call a tick mark next to it If you click on the symbol next to it it opens all the folders on the disk I wanted to start out with just item just in case I goofed something up So I unchecked everything but program It told me to put in disk so I did it read it and then it told me to insert the disk labeled Incd I aleady have Incd loaded but I tryed putting in my suite disk and that did not work At one point I did something and it started loading everything It started with disk and then asked for I was not sure what I was doing so I baled out I can go to my c drive and find a folder labeled backup I click on that and then it shows a c folder You click on that and then it shows all the programs that were on my computer but there is nothing in the file size Could this be causing the problem I did try several different programs and could not get any of them to load Also how do you get your thread title to appear in bold nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-nero-help-restoring-files.432125/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have used Nero for years and have always placed my NBI files on my backup DVD. I am now using an external hard disk as backup and cannot find where to force Nero to put my NBI files on the hard drive.

The NBI files take up a lot of space on my computers primary hard drive, especially since I do a backup(incremental) every week and one is kept for each backup.

How do I do this? I sure am missing the option to force this.

Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

It doesn't seem to recognise them, like HD files

A:How can I burn mkv files in win 7 dvd maker

You'll probably need to either convert the files, or use something else to handle the burning. I'm sure there are some free burning apps that would handle the task.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/161487-how-can-i-burn-mkv-files-win-7-dvd-maker.html
Relevancy 62.78%

for example;
can anyone help???

Please

Relevancy 62.78%

hi,

I have a .rar files which relates to redhat5 operating system so how can i write bootalble cd with the .rar files. I hope there is possibility of writing a bootalble cds with the .rar files.

Could anyone please help me.

Awaiting for the reply.

Thank you for your valuable time.

Relevancy 62.78%

increasingly I am coming across more and more files that are over the 700 MB limit when burning data to CD-Rs (e.g. the file might be 950MB)

Instead of writing them to DVD - is zipping them and then burning to cd ok? I do not want to go back to the file in a couple of months to learn that the file got corrupted during zipping or failed to decompress properly

So your experiences / opinions of zipping files and then burning them to CD-R?

Relevancy 62.78%

Trying to use Windows to burn files to a DVD. I go into the explorer window. Click share. Then burn to disc. Sometimes it gives me the error that the folder is in the same location of the source folder. And now it just the destination has the same names. And wants me to cancel or replace. If I replace it just hangs there. I used Nero and was able to write to the DVD fine so I know its not a DVD issue. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It opens a duplicate window and at the bottom of the files it lists the new files ready to be written.

A:Windows to burn files to a DVD

hi ,check my post in this linkWriting to a DVD post #4
hope this helps

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22621-windows-burn-files-dvd.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i just download few rmvb files but i can't get it with the free converter which convert to rmvb files to avi so that i can burn as VCD (the converter i use i rm converter)..the converter only offering convert small size of files..

is there any decoder that i can straight burn rmvb files as vcd?
or is there any useful converter that i can use to convert the files?

anyone help??..please...

thanks.

Relevancy 62.78%

I downloaded an album with the intent to burn it to a CD, but they are flac files. Now, I know how I can play them on my computer, but if I burned them to a cd would they work? Or should I convert them [annoyingly] before burning them?

A:.FLAC files? Can I burn them?

BURNATONCE will burn FLAC straight to CD,assuming no rights complications.

You live in a fine part of the world,may I say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flac-files-can-i-burn-them.85390/
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm very new to this and am just learning about lossless formatted stuff...
I have .flac files to burn to a CD...

#1. What program do I use?

all I know is WMP won't do it and
Burrrn didn't work for me (it looked like it was going ok, then "failed" the write)
#2. I have .flac files with 79 minutes worth of stuff, my CD only holds 74.something -
will the program I use to burn these to a CD, also allow for some time manipulation?
Eliminating 'space' between tracks and/or cutting some short, etc?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Relevancy 62.78%

i have just downloaded yes i know people may not aprove over this but i have and dont be nasty just coz i did i bet u did it once too or files odd dvd to video burn want - will one day or do something else related haha a dvd rip of a movie and the folder of which has all the downloaded files of the movie are not movie files usually you would download a large mpeg file these are smaller files each with a different file extension of through to i thought this was a little odd none of the programs i have on my comp can play view these files one thing that connects them together is in their files names quot xvid quot keeps reoccuring if anyone knows how to burn these to dvd to get the movie to play could ya let us know i guess ill try and download it again but im not too keen on spending more time and using up my download limit thanx guys ps i know this may not be the right forum to ask for this but there isnt another one that would suit thats why i suggested an audio visual forum in the suggestions forum have fun nbsp

A:odd video files - want to burn dvd

Closing thread for the same reason as your other one. Multiple posts are not allowed either.

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=282969

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-video-files-want-to-burn-dvd.282981/
Relevancy 62.78%

hi,i dont have a dvd burner so i want to burn a vcd to make a copy of my dvds (store bought ones of course),if a blank cd is only 700 mb and most of my movies are bigger than that,is there a way to compress the files to fit?would that compromise the quality of the movie,and how good do vcd copies of dvds come out anyways when u play it in a stand alone dvd player?im running xp if that matters or not,thanks in advance

A:compressing files to burn a vcd

The quality of a well made VCD is about the same as a VHS tape but a little more blurry. YOU can use Nero or some other burning program to accomplish it. You can hold about 80 minutes on a disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compressing-files-to-burn-a-vcd.435295/
Relevancy 62.78%

i have theif 2 the game. it is in a zip file. it has all these files, i installed it in my computer and it took a lot of space in my hard drive around 700 mb. how do u burn the game into a cd so it will take away small space into my hard drive and still play the game with the cd.

A:how do u burn game files into a cd

Why aren't you using the Thief 2 CD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-u-burn-game-files-into-a-cd.52281/
Relevancy 62.78%

I downloaded an album with the intent to burn it to a CD, but they are flac files. Now, I know how I can play them on my computer, but if I burned them to a cd would they work? Or should I convert them [annoyingly] before burning them?

A:.FLAC files? Can I burn them?

Get Burrrn, it's freeware and supports flac files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flac-files-can-i-burn-them.615769/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have downloaded some rmvb files to my computer and now I'd like to burn a DVD from these files so that I can play them on my DVD player. But my Nero software cannot open these rmvb files to burn a DVD. Do I need to convert the rmvb files to some other format? If so, how?

A:How to burn a dvd from rmvb files?

http://www.jakeludington.com/dv_hacks/20051210_how_to_convert_rmvb.html

http://www.erightsoft.net/Superdc.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-burn-a-dvd-from-rmvb-files.512747/
Relevancy 62.78%

Can anyone direct me to a definitive source of information wherein I can learn HOW to take a downloaded ISO file and extract it to a CD to be used as a boot disk???

Much Obliged for any and all information....

~~~grampedstl~~~

Relevancy 62.78%

I recently bought a Canon SX 10 IS and took a 20 minute movie. The file extension is MOV. It came with Zoombrowser which will burn a CD but this is too big for a CD and needs to be a DVD. Zoombrowser doesn't burn DVDs. My only recourse I think it so pay $100 or more on Nero 9 or some other program. Is there a cheaper way to burn this movie I have to a DVD? I need it to be converted to a MPEG4 format so it can be played on a compatible DVD player.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Margs

Relevancy 62.78%

I am interested in burning a cd from mp3 files I downloaded from a website. I got all the files in the right place, inserted a blank cd. When I clicked burn it says "Inspecting" on the first track, but never gets any further, no messages. Is there anything I can do to make this work? It said inspecting for 30 minutes before I gave up. I think Sherlock Holmes wouldn't take that long to inspect.

A:Solved: burn cd in WMP from mp3 files

I've tried a lot of different software to burn cd's and WMP was the one that always took the longest, so if you have anything else that will do the job, I'd use that instead.

If you don't have anything else, there are a couple freeware programs that are pretty good - BurnAtOnce, DeepBurner Free, CDBurner XP Pro and others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burn-cd-in-wmp-from-mp3-files.383757/
Relevancy 62.78%

I need a software that can burn a .img file onto a disc, anyone recommend which one I should buy? thanks.

A:What DVD software I need to buy to burn .img files

Well if you wanna buy one you can but you won't buy anything better than ImgBurn!

http://www.imgburn.com/

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-dvd-software-i-need-to-buy-to-burn-img-files.129380/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a few sets of mp3 files I want to burn to disc. I highlight them in Windows 7 Explorer window and click Burn at the top. Now, "you have files waiting to be burned to disc", without a clue as how to proceed.
Somehow I got to Windows Media player and it started burning - but it was the wrong files. I couldn't stop it, couldn't cancel it, couldn't open the cd drawer. The two files that were burned to disc do in fact play in my car cd player, which is what I want them for.
Later, I  dragged these files to the Burn list in Media Player...I don't know what happened...files got renamed, it somehow created a jumbled list that I don't know where it came from...
How to get the right files to burn?

A:Burn mp3 files to disc

Here's a simplified article on using Windows Media Player to burn a music CD:  http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-create-audio-cd-mp3-files-using-free-software.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555181/burn-mp3-files-to-disc/
Relevancy 62.78%

using nero can i burn avi files to a dvd and still keep them in the original file format. i have done this by burning them as data but when i try to play them from the dvd the video and audio skip.
thanks in advance

Relevancy 62.78%

hi i have a problem,
i cant burn dvd files that i have downloaded to a dvd i need help can someone talk me though there fixes and help me

many thanks grant

A:i cant burn dvd files to a blank dvd

Hello Grant

This might help you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-cant-burn-dvd-files-to-a-blank-dvd-305461.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I m trying to copy episodes of Family Guy to my to to Trying files and DVD shrink burn avi fit to a dvd I downloaded the files in avi format from the internet I am fine with this potentially taking DVD s up--but at the moment unless i get help it ll take discs I know it has to be some solution to avoid this I have a Trying to shrink my avi files to burn to DVD and fit minute blank DVD and I am using ULead Movie Factory but the episodes won t fit onto the DVD I have searched high and low for help before coming here EVERYTHING I find tells me how to shrink a DVD to make it fit so it can be burned but nothing about shrinking AVI files Can someone assist here I tried using DVD shrink--but it won t shrink the files for me because it says they can t be found I know they are there and whatnot Plus I believe that DVD shrink is maybe more useful if I was trying to shrink Star Wars or something where it was already quot Trying to shrink my avi files to burn to DVD and fit on Trying to shrink my avi files to burn to DVD and fit quot a DVD nbsp

A:Trying to shrink my avi files to burn to DVD and fit

We are not allowed to help with illegal copyrighted material.

Your best bet, would be to buy the series on DVD.

Techspot does not condone any form of piracy.

Thread closed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-shrink-my-avi-files-to-burn-to-dvd-and-fit.49239/