Windows Support Forum

Installing XP on Gateway notebook mt3107b

Q: Installing XP on Gateway notebook mt3107b

This laptop came with home basic - but the install is in such a state. I want to reinstall it. Unfortunatley I don't have a home basic install DVD and the recovery partition has been deleted.
I was trying to install xp - but it blue screens - there is no option in the bios for AHCI - which usually does the trick. Interestingly the bois lists the HDD as IDE but per the gateway web site this model has a PATA hard drive ? (confused)

So does anybody have any idea how I can install xp pro on this Laptop.

Or does anyone know where I can get a copy of home basic - as I have a valid license key ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Installing XP on Gateway notebook mt3107b

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Installing XP on Gateway notebook mt3107b

If you are reinstalling it would be good idea to delete your old partition; then create a new one/format it during xp setup and reinstall. If there is no hardware related issue then this should work. Goodluck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-xp-on-gateway-notebook-mt3107b.141986/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have recently purchased a Sony camcorder and would like to edit videos on my computer. I do not have an ieee 1394 (ilink) port. Is there an easy way to add this to my Gateway ML6720 Notebook?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-firewire-on-gateway-notebook.102553/
Relevancy 70.52%

I just installed Windows 10 on a Gateway W350i notebook. That little old system works surprisingly well with an SSD and a new graphics card installed!

Problem is that when Windows 10 installs the Intel GPU drivers, it dims the screen to an unworkable level, and it cannot be restored. The problem is the actual backlight, not a color profile or something.

I've found that reverting to the Microsoft basic display driver does resolve the brightness issue mostly, but I cannot get to the LCD native resolution of 1280x768.

I would prefer to have the Intel drivers active, but even getting the native resolution with the basic drivers would be enough to get the system to a reasonable usage state.

Any ideas on either getting Intel drivers working, or forcing the native LCD resolution on the display?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/59700-gateway-w350i-notebook-lcd-dims-uncontrollably-after-installing-driver.html
Relevancy 54.18%

i need to upgrade my notebook from gateway its a solo2500

A:I have a very old gateway notebook I need help with

What is the current configuration? Particularly, how much memory do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-a-very-old-gateway-notebook-i-need-help-with.141287/
Relevancy 53.32%

I need to replace the power jack on notebook. Is their any web site, that I can go to and see how to take apart GateWay 3520GZ Notebook.

Thanks

A:GateWay 3520GZ Notebook

Found this with a Google search and I am not responsible for the information. Use the information at your own risk.

http://www.digitalscoop.net/Gateway Laptop.html
Here is the Digital Scoop on the disassembly of the Gateway 3000/M210 series notebook. The notebook pictured is, specifically, a Gateway 3520GZ.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-3520gz-notebook.707037/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a gateway mx6958 notebook that is having an issue. It will not boot at all. last week it froze up with two strange lines on the screen and I proceeded to hold down the power button to restart. Now all it does is power on and the HDD light comes on for a couple seconds and then nothing. It will stayed powered on and get warm but nothing else. If I stick a cd in the drive it will start to read and like thr HD it will just stop. What could be the issue? Please help a poor student with no money.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-issue.737719/
Relevancy 53.32%

This computer has 4gb of memory, originally had Windows Vista Home Edition 64bit. It won't take Windows Vista Business(at least on my copy it is not able to open a file from the DVD) so I'm thinking to load Windows XP Professional on it and then upgrade it to Windows Vista Business, but I keep getting an error message(the blue screen) I'm thinking to take out a stick of memory(they are 2gb a piece) then it should take Windows XP professional.

Relevancy 53.32%

I m at wits end and not tech-savvy enough to fix it so I m here Gateway NV h U- Intel Centrino Advanced- N chip Intel Wireless Pro Tools Haven t used the wireless in months When I decided to take the laptop elsewhere no wireless Like it was never even installed I followed every tutorial I could find online to try to fix it Nothing I had a couple of friends talk me through different things to find it Nada Went N57 wireless Gateway Notebook...no to Intel s site to download new drivers nothing worked Gateway s site didn t have Gateway N57 Notebook...no wireless what I needed The few auto detect features didn t show the Intel wireless even there In the device manager it shows my Ethernet stuff But no wireless I do have a network controller unnamed that has an exclamation point next to it if I use the find drivers feature it starts to download and immediately stops saying it can t find the correct driver Windows Gateway N57 Notebook...no wireless mobility center doesn t show any wireless option Fn F does nothing wireless on off button - I get the symbol that it goes on off but nothing really happens If I use the troubleshooter in the Devices area for the notebook message says needs fixed it comes back with the quot can t find the problem quot reply If I run the troubleshooter for Intel Pro Wireless tools it fails every test immediately Doing my own investigation with the implications I will just replace the chip I took the back panel off found the chip got the model info and popped off one of the only two wires I saw to make sure they came off easily and that I could remove it myself Put it all back together turned the unit back on to start shopping- and guess what The Wireless just came back on- right on startup- and connected Holy crap The Intel thingy was back in the device manager The icon was back in the corner It was picking up every signal on my block It even started to update a driver Ecstatic that I fixed it with that simple wire off on method I finished my online stuff and shut her down for the night marveling at my own cleverness The next day I fired her up and gone Again Days later I got a new identical chip put it in nothing Who s first to take a stab at this I ll try my best to make punctual replies to questions but its the start of a holiday and I won t be sitting in front of the machine for hours on end to keep up nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Gateway Notebook Model ML Windows Vista Home Premium Is Gateway Slow New Too Notebook -Bit Intel Pentium Dual CPU GHz GB RAM GB HDD Bought notebook almost a month ago and it was slow out of the box even before adding any software I've now deleted some of the preinstalled stuff I didn't need and added software and needless to say it hasn't speeded up any I also turned off the UAC now there's a Windows Security Alert on the taskbar constantly reminding me I did that and tried setting the visual display to quot Best Performance quot - neither of which helped Immediately after unpacking and setting it up and before adding my software I tried out the preinstalled stuff and thought it was running slow Ran the Norton's Internet Security trial New Gateway Notebook Is Too Slow that was installed and it found a trojan - which I had it delete I thought that was strange Thought maybe the Norton's was slowing the system down so I took it off and put my Zone Alarm on That didn't speed New Gateway Notebook Is Too Slow it up either Installed Ad-aware Pro Spybot and Spywareblaster as well and they're not finding anything much - Ad-aware finds a few tracking cookies New Gateway Notebook Is Too Slow Cleaned the Internet cache deleted temp files and defragged - all to no avail I ran PC Pitstop's Overdrive test and it said there were several things wrong including some outdated drivers however when attempting to update them the system says it has the proper drivers Pitstop also showed the CPU usage at percent Checked the startup list and there doesn't seem to be anything suspicious that I can tell There's something on the computer called quot Bigfix quot that Gateway installed which I haven't unistalled at this point - not familar with it and don't know if it's worth keeping yet Should have returned it to the store within the two weeks I had to do so but I was so busy with a granddaughter's surgery that I didn't have time to check it out thoroughly before the time had expired Really thought that I could speed it up but alas I have failed Can you help Thanks Sharon

A:New Gateway Notebook Is Too Slow

Double click the red shieldOn the side it should say "Change the way...." click.I put the last one, so there isnt a shield or popup bubble.Delete Norton/all your protections and get :AVG Anti-Virus: DownloadComodo Firewall Pro: 32-Bit Download Hitman Pro: Download FullMalwarebyte's Anti-MalwareRun Malware bytes and full scan. Check all, remove selected. Restarthttp://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.htmlDownload. Check all, remove.Check Add/remove and anything you dont know, google it and check what it is.Viewpoint thing isnt good.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165137/new-gateway-notebook-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 53.32%

The previously owned Gateway SD notebook computer that I m working on for resale is CMOS protected I ve read several articles about these machines the CMOS battery is at the bottom right And if this is a slightly older model may even be soldered to the mobo I just need to get in and remove the battery long enough for it to reset For those who don t know I work for a pawn shop that provides loans on computers as well as just about everything but the kitchen sink although I think never mind and many people who quot claim quot they will be back to pick up their items end up being items we own out of default on the payments This machine should never have been loaned on apparently it wasn t even turned on to see if it worked ANYWAY on this model Gateway is the CMOS battery at the bottom which can be seen through the holes in the plastic If it is it looks like major surgery I love notebooks but they re a real pain to take apart Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-gateway-notebook-guru.537979/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Gateway notbook with windows xp and at startup it will not open but reports an error, (windows root \system32\hal.dll) file missing or corrup please reinstall a copy of the file.

thank you,

tonchis

A:Gateway notebook laptop

In simplified terms the Windows XP startup process follows this sequence (please note that this is simpliified)

PHASE 1 : Start > POST Sequence > Partition Table > MBR > Boot Code > ntldr

PHASE 2 : ntldr > boot.ini > ntdetect.com > ntoskrnl.exe > hal.dll > REGISTRY > winlogon.exe > lsass.exe > User Logon

As you can see from the above the hal.dll is need to be loaded prior to loading the REGISTRY. If you cannot load the REGISTRY then you cannot do much on a Windows XP machine.

Microsoft discusses startup issues in Article 314477 at the link below. Read through those parts of the Article that are applicable to the hal.dll problem and see if that is applicable to your issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314477

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-laptop.1012176/
Relevancy 52.89%

Gateway Notebook Model ML Windows Vista Home Premium -Bit Intel Pentium Dual CPU GHz GB RAM GB HDD partitioned Purchased one month ago Immediately after unpacking and setting it up and before adding my software I tried out the preinstalled stuff and thought it was running slow Ran the Norton s Internet Security trial that was installed and it found a trojan - which I had it delete I thought that was strange Thought maybe the Norton s was slowing the system down so I took it off and put my Zone Alarm on That didn t speed it up either I also turned off the UAC and tried setting the visual display to quot Best Performance quot - neither of which helped Installed Ad-aware Pro Spybot and Spywareblaster as well and they re not finding anything much - Ad-aware finds a few Gateway Things Doing Notebook Weird New tracking cookies Used CCleaner to clean the Internet cache deleted temp files etc all to no avail I ran PC Pitstop s Overdrive test and it said there were several things wrong including some New Gateway Notebook Doing Weird Things outdated drivers however when attempting to update them the system says it has the proper drivers Pitstop also showed the CPU usage at percent Checked the startup list and reset a few things but otherwise there doesn t seem to be anything suspicious that I can tell There s something on the computer called quot Bigfix quot that Gateway installed New Gateway Notebook Doing Weird Things - - not familar with it New Gateway Notebook Doing Weird Things and don t know if it s worth keeping yet I wonder about it though It doesn t seem to be doing anything except using a little resource but it s always on the taskbar Thought seriously about uninstalling it - - do you know if it s necessary to keep it Also the computer is very fragmented for some reason and none of the defrag software I ve tried will defrag it the one with Vista Defraggler Disk MD It leaves massive amounts of fragmentation when it says it s done - - almost GB This is my first experience with Vista and though it s quite beautiful will it always be this much of a headache Sometimes it takes up to - seconds for programs to open Before the first attempt to defrag it was taking seconds All Windows updates are current - - can t find the other drivers PCPitstop recommended but Windows says all its drivers are current but yesterday there was an optional update for the Eternet driver - - which I downloaded and installed A warning popped up on the Desktop a while ago saying CPU usage was Also for some reason the computer tried to delete the Desktop - - I told it to cancel that action and the Recycler was stuck for about half an hour before I turned the machine off with the power button Programs keep locking up and I have to shut down with the power button - - very discouraging with a new computer AND the icons on the desktop won t stay where I put them - - about once a day they are all suddenly in different places Also ran Panda s online scanner and TrendMicro s online scanner TrendMicro found low priority infection and deleted it Ran CheckDisk and it said the disk was clean Anyway when I installed my software on this machine there was some that Vista didn t take to - - some it wouldn t install at all Since Print Shop was installed the CD DVD player will no longer work unless the computer boots up with a CD in the drive I uninstalled all the trial software shortly after I set up the computer There are still some things I may not need but since I m new to Vista I m not sure Windows Contacts Windows Meeting Space Acceller which seems to be a Gateway connection service to help find DSL providers Google Desktop Bonjour Microsoft Silverlight don t know what that is Other than those there s AOL on the Start Menu - but no option to unistall it and it doesn t show up in the Uninstall function of Control Panel so I don t know how to get rid of it and it s got gazillions of files all over the place - - also there s that BigFix thing that I think is monitoring the... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

Arrgh! I have a Gateway Solo 1450 which works great EXCEPT the power connection on the back is loose, so I can't use the AC adapter. Can I replace this?? How do I open the back?? I have taken out all the screws, but there is something holding the back on at the power supply.

Thanks

A:Gateway Notebook Power Connection

Hi and welcome. Check the manual on Gateway's website. Hopefully it isn't under warranty, otherwise you may void it by tinkering.

Had a similar thing happen on an HP. If I could get the plug in just so so, it would work. You may need some soldering skills once you break into it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-power-connection.391176/
Relevancy 52.89%

I received my Gateway MX6422 Notebook just this last christmas and it has worked flawlessly.

There is only one problem.

It will not recognize burnt CD-R discs.
Friends of mine have given me CD's that they have made, but my laptop just will not recognize it.

It's not like the whole CD drive doesn't work though. I have played DVD's on it and they have loaded just fine. Same thing for games.

Does anyone know why my CD drive won't recognize the burnt disk?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

A:Gateway MX6422 Notebook CD Drive Help

Hello Matte13 and welcome back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by matte13

I received my Gateway MX6422 Notebook just this last christmas and it has worked flawlessly.

There is only one problem.

It will not recognize burnt CD-R discs.
Friends of mine have given me CD's that they have made, but my laptop just will not recognize it.

It's not like the whole CD drive doesn't work though. I have played DVD's on it and they have loaded just fine. Same thing for games.

Does anyone know why my CD drive won't recognize the burnt disk?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Is this drive a burner itself?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gateway-mx6422-notebook-cd-drive-help-181948.html
Relevancy 52.89%

wMy Gateway notebook won't connect to the internet even when directly connected to the router. When I ran the diagnostic, it said to reset the modem. When I went into Device Manager, there was no modem listed. I did reset the wireless adapter- to no avail. What should I do?

A:Gateway Notebook won't connect to internet

can we see an ipconfig /all and some ping tests

what windows version are you using ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-wont-connect-to-internet.1036068/
Relevancy 52.89%

my gateway notebook was hanging up then it turned blue or something saying there was an error then it blacked out. it restarted agaid but what it showed is that it has to repair(recommended)but when i pressed the repair recommended and its taking so long to load then black out gain. i cant open safemode. now when i turn it on its just pure black..please help me with this.. it dont know how to fix this. this isnt my loptop but my moms

A:my notebook gateway cannot repair and shows nothing

Hello, Welcome to TSF.

It sounds like corruption of HD.

DId the computer come with operating system cd or dvd?
If so you can try doing repair from the cd or dvd.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-notebook-gateway-cannot-repair-and-shows-nothing-671906.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi - I have a Gateway EC18 with a very loud fan and wouldn't you know it, the warranty just expired.

So I went to the gateway support site and typed in the serial number and looked at the vendors for parts but no fan is listed.

Where should I look for a replacement fan?

Thanks!

A:Replacing a loud fan on a Gateway notebook

do you think this is what you are looking for?

http://www.drlaptop.com/Gateway-Lap...rs/Gateway-EC18-Internal-Fan-Replacement.html

There isn't any picture, but the model number matches up. I'm not sure how easy it will be to take apart. I have broken down a few laptops and they are complicated. In the mean time, I recommend you get a laptop cooling stand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-a-loud-fan-on-a-gateway-notebook.158730/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Gateway MX6650 Notebook computer that came with XP Media Center Edition 2005. I also have a Gateway Desktop computer that runs XP Home Edition. I accidentally loaded the System Recovery CD/DVD for my Gateway Desktop XP Home Edition onto my Gateway MX6650 Notebook computer. I realized my error and then tried to restore my laptop using the XP Media Center Edition 2005 System Recovery CD/DVD that came with it.

I choose the option to erase the hard drive and reload XP Media Center. However, the system will not load the Media Center. It only loads XP Home Edition. Gateway insists I buy a new recovery CD. But I am using the Gateway XP Media Center Edition 2005 recovery CD that came with my notebook computer. How can I get the XP Media Center Edition 2005 Restore CD to work?

A:Can't Restore Gateway MX6650 Notebook

First, Restore ONLY works for your current loaded OS. You cannot use Restore for another OS. Restore uses the files kept in System Volume Information hidden folders on the current OS.

Do you get the NTLoader window (one with the 30sec count-down) showing both OS?

You can also Check your Disk ManagementRight-click My Computer
Select Manage
Select Disk Management in left pane
Check to see if you have more than one Partition or drive, one being WinXP Home the other being WinXP Media.

IF you do, use Disk ManagementSet the desired partition Active
Reboot to see if the correct OS comes up
IF it does, use Disk Management again and delet the other partition
Reboot a final time

When you tried to reload XP Media Center, did you use the option to do a Full Format of the HD (not quick)? This will wipe C: IF you have only one drive/partition.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-restore-gateway-mx6650-notebook-266847.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My Gateway Vista M7818 Notebook will not boot-up. Black screen states, A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. I tried to restart with the recovery disk and got same message. What do I do now? The notebook froze up after being on about 5 minutes just as I was about to backup photos and documents. I can't loose these!! I greatly appreciate all the help I can get. Also, what is a case to put the internal hard drive in to copy files to another computer? I have another computer that I could use to do this if someone would explain this to me.

A:Gateway M7818 Notebook will not boot-up

I would start by testing the hard drive with Seagate SeaTools for DOS from here:
(click "Downloads" on the page): SeaTools | Seagate

The download is an ISO file from which you can create a CD using IMGBurn from here: Download ImgBurn 2.5.7.0 - FileHippo.com

When you've made the CD, boot your laptop from it and SeaTools for DOS will open. Select your laptop's hard drive and run the long or extended test on it.

As regards not losing precious files, you should always have backups on a different drive. For a laptop you can buy an external hard drive which simply plugs into a USB port. All hard drives will eventually fail and it's therefore very unwise not to keep your data backed up on a different drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gateway-m7818-notebook-will-not-boot-up-643908.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1023 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 Series, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 38051 MB, Free - 6117 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, Gateway M675PRR
Antivirus: PC Matic Super Shield, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Have 2.5" Hitachi Travelstar HHD 44pin IDE and hope that 128GB KingSpec SSD 2.5" PATA/IDE upgrade would be a workable upgrade. Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated.

Relevancy 52.89%

I ve recently Notebook Gateway Issues Speaker reformatted and did a clean install of Windows XP Professional on a Gateway GX notebook I ve had a few issues with the drivers but it seems that that s not where the real problem is I think After installing Windows obviously the first thing I began to do was Gateway Notebook Speaker Issues download and install current Gateway Notebook Speaker Issues drivers for the notebook I started with the network adapter drivers keyboard touchpad etc Gateway Notebook Speaker Issues When I got to the video audio drivers that s where the fun started Windows automatically assigned the audio with an quot ALi Audio Accelerator WDM quot driver the video was unresolved First I tried the video drivers downloading the driver from the Gateway website as I did with the others thus far and tried to install it The installation was canceled and I got a message stating Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration Please make sure you have the required hardware or software Click to expand So I figured I d deal with this later and move on to the audio drivers only to receive the same message when trying to install them Now here s the confusing part one of many I guess Using the Gateway Update utility from Gateway s website it showed that the driver for the notebook should be a quot AC WDM SigmaTel Audio quot driver However looking through the user guide and looking at the notebook s specs from Gateway s website it says it should be using a quot Conexant AMOM Audio Modem on Motherboard quot Now I m not sure of the importance of this but just strikes me as odd I finally resolved the video driver issue by manually applying the driver for video adapter although even after installing the driver the ATI installer still gives the same message that is quoted above My biggest problem currently though is still with the audio however I m not getting sound through the speakers I am however getting sound through the headphone jack this lead me to believe that the driver installed was functioning properly the problem lay in the speakers themselves Now I know the speakers are in working condition they worked perfectly a couple hours before the installation of XP Pro My initial reaction was they must be muted somewhere So I ve checked every audio property I can think of and everything seems to be in order The speaker volume is not muted and is set to a regular level in the Master Volume control and quot Laptop stereo speakers quot is selected in Advanced Audio Properties I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the automatically selected driver by Windows as well as the SigmaTel driver with no luck I have found no option in the BIOS to enable or disable the onboard sound speakers so I m pretty much out of ideas here I ve called Gateway to see if this was a known issue or common problem the only answer they were able to give was the speakers must be shot which I refuse to believe I find it next to impossible that fully functional speakers would simply die within a two hour stretch while doing a clean install of an operating system that is too big of a coincidence I would really appreciate any input anybody can give and hopefully somebody out there is smarter than me because I ve tried everything I can think of Here s a link to Gateway s site which has detailed specs on the notebook http support gateway com s Mobile Gateway GZ sp shtml nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-notebook-speaker-issues.60697/
Relevancy 52.89%

My Gateway Notebook suddenly started having problems and wouldn't shut down without removing the battery and power source. When restarted, the boot screen hung up on the Windows XP screen and never loads completely. Eventually the screen goes black.0053f85c).

System then went to blue screen with the following:
STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows subsystem process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000006 (0x7e729c69 0x0053f85c)
the system has been shut down.

A:Gateway Notebook Boot Problems

Hello gjtabor

Here are a couple of thing to try

Boot into the Safe Mode Options Screen and select
Last Known Good Configuration

If that does not work, boot back to that same screen and select
'Safe mode with command prompt'

At the command prompt type
C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Hopefully this will open System Restore, so restore to before the problem started
http://bertk.mvps.org/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gateway-notebook-boot-problems-355534.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i have this problem with my Gateway notebook and i have a few questions about my notebook, screen black Gateway goes situation it started a few months ago one day while my laptop was on the screen just went black the laptop was still running the screen was just showing black i could pull the battery and unplug it to shut it off and then when starting it up again the screen would be ok for a few seconds before going black again i was thinking i could just take it into the computer store because it was still under Gateway notebook, screen goes black warrenty but the problem is i have some quot stuff quot on this laptop i dont want anyone else to see since i couldnt see the laptop to do anything with the quot stuff quot on it i just stored it away and used my desktop computer a couple weeks ago i thought i would try the laptop and now it works the screen was good i figured there was a chance it could go black again so i thought this was my chance to remove the quot stuff quot that i didnt want to be seen i know with the laptop there is a System Restore which will restore the computer to an earlier time so simply deleting the quot stuff quot wasnt going to completely remove it right so instead of a System Restore i used the CD that came with the laptop and did a System Recovery this puts the laptop back to the original settings that came with the laptop when i bought it from the store the only programs on the laptop now are whatever was on it when i bought it from the store in checking the System Restore which restores the laptop to an earlier time the only day available is the day i did the recovery is the quot stuff quot i had on the laptop before now completely gone if the quot stuff quot is completely gone i can feel safe about taking it into the store to get looked at while its under warrenty ive heard that somewhere on computers laptops that even after deleting something it is still there and can be found by those who know how now that my laptop is back to the original form if the quot stuff quot i HAD on there before is somehow still there i want to know if i need to download some additional program to wipe it clean questions -what causes the screen to go black maybe some type of lightbulb and is that something i can replace myself i dont see anywhere that says anything about a light or lightbulb -since doing the System Recovery that put the laptop back to the original form that i bought at the store is anything that i put on the laptop completely gone meaning any quot stuff quot i HAD on the laptop is gone and no longer able to be found thanx for any help if i need to give any more information let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-notebook-screen-goes-black.103237/
Relevancy 52.89%

Have a small Gateway notebook with win XP. Was talking to a Microsoft guy about installing win 10. He sent a link. Could not open. (Found out later the link would not open because the notebook could not be upgraded to 10). So he said go to win 8 and sent a link. Win 8 loaded but because could not change the resolution higher could not open any apps.

So he sent a link for win 7 which did load but did not load any drivers so cannot get on the internet. For 3 weeks he tried to help but could not. And he cannot tell me how to get back to XP or how to load win 7 drivers.

So that is my question how do I get it back to factory XP?
Thank You for help

A:How to factory restore gateway notebook win XP

sixpenney said:

So that is my question how do I get it back to factory XP?Click to expand...

If you have a Recovery disk boot to that and follow the prompts. Or, you may still be able to buy one from Gateway or a third party.

Else, if you have the original XP installation CD boot to that and install it.

Else, you may be able to borrow somebody's installation CD (assuming you have your Product Key); remember it has to be OEM.

PS -- I deleted your poll, as it made no sense to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-factory-restore-gateway-notebook-win-xp.1171921/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've got a brand new Gateway M-6862 notebook that is giving me BSOD related to some minidump thing only when I am running Azureus 2.5, and my google searching told me a graphics driver update would help. The problem is, anytime I run any ATI installed, it immediately exits and says "Catalyst Install Manager stopped working". I heard about some project called Mobility Modder Mobility Modder - DriverHeaven.net and tried what they recommended, but no go. I have unistalled all VC 2008+ packages, uninstalled and reinstalled .net framework 3.5 all to no go. Even when I click the "Uninstall" button that comes up in the installer, it immediately exits in the same fashion. I tried uninstalling the drivers manually, but it just immediately reinstalled the old ones when it booted up, and of course the 8.8 (and 8.7) installer crashed even after I uninstalled them again and didn't reboot.

A:Can't Install any new ATI drivers... Gateway notebook

HI Dihnekis,
Welcome to the forums,

Can you please explain how you attempted to install the new driver manually? I assume you mean you went to Device Manager > Right click on the display adapter > choose update driver then browse for the new driver?

Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/176767-cant-install-any-new-ati-drivers-gateway-notebook.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I followed your instructions and if you need the other file to be sent please let me know I have had nv55c hacked notebook :(((( Gateway problems for at least months have reformatted my harddrive no less than times and whatever and whoever is responsible for doing this has embedded files that I can t see or wipe out They also have done the same to my dads computer I was working on and my home PC As I try to block them they are always ahead of me and wind Gateway nv55c notebook hacked :(((( up locking me out of my computers Then I reformat and reinstall the OS that is usually as far as I get They are recording my data and sending via email and I have found printer scripts and my spooler is running all day long Sheesh this is so annoying and has taken up two months of my life not to mention the money I paid a guy to fix it And obviously didnt I will love you forever for your help in ridding this person out of my computers And any advice how to keep him out Hugs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x AVG SafeGuard toolbar vprot exe C Program Files x Canon Quick Menu CNQMMAIN EXE C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Canon Quick Menu CNQMUPDT EXE C Program Files x Canon Quick Menu CNQMSWCS exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Soda PDF D Reader Helper - FE F - D D- c -A D- E DE B - C Program Files x Soda PDF D Reader PDFIEHelper dll O - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll O - BHO AVG SafeGuard toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG SafeGuard toolbar AVG SafeGuard toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar AVG SafeGuard toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG SafeGuard toolbar AVG SafeGuard toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar Canon Easy-WebPrint EX - D - C F- -BAB - A F C C F - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexhlp dll O - Toolbar Soda PDF D Reader Toolbar - C D E- F B- - -A C B - C Program Files x Soda PDF D Reader PDFIEPlugin dll O - HKLM Run vProt quot C Program Files x AVG SafeGuard toolbar vprot exe quot O - HKLM Run CanonQuickMenu C Program Files x Canon Quick Menu CNQMMAIN EXE logon O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run LManager C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe O - HKCU Run HijackThis startup scan C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HijackThis exe startupscan O - DPF CF DAC -A F - E-A BA-C FFD F SysInfo Class - http content systemrequirementslab com s amazonaws com global bin srldetect intel cab O - Protocol viprotocol - B C-F E- EF -AB - C C A - C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search ViProtocolInstaller ViPr... Read more

Relevancy 52.46%

I'm trying to help my sister whose notebook has slowed down to a crawl Have cleaned out some problems w Adwcleaner but still slow so I suspect more issues IE in particular is very slow to come up altho it did improve when I removed AVG secure search AVG web tune-up Also do very to slow notebook and boot Gateway NE56R everything she Gateway NE56R notebook very slow to boot and do everything was one of the unfortunates whose computer was hijacked by m-soft and another part of the slowness was the downloading of Windows which I removed and hopefully prevented happening again using Outsider's GWX utility Could someone look thru the FRST scan results and guide me further in my quest to clean this mess up You guys have helped me immensely in the past Thanks Terri p s Just encountered copy paste problem in Notepad Gateway NE56R notebook very slow to boot and do everything and can't do it so sending both Farbar files as attachments I don't want to hold up my turn for help by trying to fix this copy paste issue first so Gateway NE56R notebook very slow to boot and do everything hope that's ok Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Mary administrator on MARY-PC - - Running from C Users Mary DesktopLoaded Profiles Mary Available Profiles Mary Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgrsa exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgcsrva exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgidsagent exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Framework Common avgsvca exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgwdsvcx exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerSvc exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LMutilps exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files x Gateway Registration GREGsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Gateway Gateway Updater UpdaterService exe NTI Corporation C Program Files x NTI Gateway MyBackup IScheduleSvc exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgnsa exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgemca exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe ELAN Microelectronics Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerTray exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxext exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe UltimateOutsider C Program Files x UltimateOutsider GWX Control Panel GWX control panel exe Apple Inc C Program Files x... Read more

A:Gateway NE56R notebook very slow to boot and do everything

Greetings Terri and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far.Please tell me how the computer runs in Safe Mode with Networking.Please do this.===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix in Normal or Safe Mode--------------------Press the Windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterClick Format and check Word WrapPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it to your Desktop as fixlist.txt. If FRST.exe is not on your Deskptop please move it to that location. (<<<Important)CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:
HKU\S-1-5-18\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "\SearchProtect"
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-459464201-4007533415-338245963-1000 -> {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
Toolbar: HKU\S-1-5-21-459464201-4007533415-338245963-1000 -> No Name - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - No File
Toolbar: HKU\S-1-5-21-459464201-4007533415-338245963-1000 -> No Name - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - No File
S2 USTSScheduler; "C:\Program Files (x86)\USTechSupport\SchedulerService\SchedulerService.exe" [X]
Task: {26C9BB89-217A-4B63-AA4C-03A117139EE5} - \DTReg -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {7A9B5B13-E79E-4B3E-85D9-44960E26A61E} - \DTChk -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {E02C81F2-3D04-43FA-B206-2E6FE4... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612091/gateway-ne56r-notebook-very-slow-to-boot-and-do-everything/
Relevancy 52.46%

Not sure if this is the right place for this since this laptop Gateway Problems Upgrade BIOS Notebook is a Gateway and not one of those listed My parents have a Gateway Notebook model MX that is a little over two years old http support gateway com s Mobile Q Bishop Rsp shtml They had never updated any drivers or BIOS so I decided to do that for them They had upgraded to Vista from XP and the Gateway site had drivers and a newer BIOS The drivers updated fine but the BIOS didn t apparently It had a Winflash utility that installed all the blocks and confirmed the installation It restarted and now the Gateway Notebook BIOS Upgrade Problems computer only gets halfway throught the initialization and hangs after initializing the mouse at least that is as much as it shows on the screen Is there anything I can do short of replacing the CMOS BIOS chip if it is removable or the motherboard Any suggestions to help me resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated I contacted Gateway Tech support but since the laptop isn t under warrantee anymore they refused to help me Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-bios-upgrade-problems.816996/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone System Gateway NX X Notebook Intel MB amp CPU Phoenix TrustedCore Bios A normal boot in this laptops current state results in a stop just after POST when the OS should start The system isn t locked or frozen as the FN keys still change things but there s no display and nothing happens I would like to attempt a force flash recovery of the BIOS but having recovery Gateway BIOS notebook force scoured the net for weeks and dozens of email attempts to Gateway and Intel I have very little information as to performing this procedure AFAIK there is no recovery jumper on this motherboard I haven t read of any such jumper and have torn the laptop completely apart looking for one So if you have any information about recovery modes on Gateway Intel MB Phoenix BIOS I d be very grateful to hear it Details and Progress I ve read many posts that describe power-up key combinations that initiate a force flash recovery I ve attempted the combinations Gateway notebook BIOS force recovery and techniques with no result on this Gateway However I began trying random combinations and believe I ve found the recovery process but am unsure what the computer needs next I tried holding WIN R while powering up and got a whole different boot result This time I get a black screen no backlighting even the fan turns on for a few seconds then off the normal LEDs power button AC available etc come on I ve tried dozens of configurations of bootable CDs and flash drives as outlined by other BIOS and pc manf but haven t achieved anything on this Gateway I purchased a USB floppy drive which I d read that some systems will require The first thing I noticed is that during the normal failed boot the floppy sounds like a normal drive testing itself OTOH when using WIN R the drive makes an extra quot back and forth quot read-like sound but then goes silent So if I m on the right track I now need to know how to format the disk to get the computer what it needs If one of you knows that I m NOT on the right track please let me know Otherwise any help greatly appreciated Thanks PM nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-bios-force-recovery.713449/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have updated my notebook to windows 7 as it no longer worked smoothly on xp or vista.
now i can't find the drivers for it.
please help!

kind regards.

Iyah

ps. i have something called driver whiz and they want £20 to find the drivers for me.

Relevancy 52.46%

I am trying to remove the keyboard from a Gateway M320 notebook. I can detach everything but the cable!

Step 13 of the instructions found here on Gateway's support site says to lift a brown latch to unlock the keyboard connector.

I don't see a latch anywhere near the cable -- brown or otherwise. I have tried gently tugging and sliding everything connected to the cable connector.

Is anyone familiar with how to disconnect they keyboard cable from this or similar model notebook?

Thanks.

A:Remove keyboard of Gateway M320 notebook

DISCLAIMER: I have never worked on a Gateway laptop computer. The following information is based on my working with LCD modules, some of which use similar cables and sockets. I am not responsible for any damage that may occur if you use this information.

The cable in the picture is a flat flex cable (FFC). Some FFC mating sockets are of a Zero Insertion Force (ZIF) type. The sockets allow the cable to be freely inserted into the socket. A locking mechanism is then latched to hold the cable in place. It has to be unlatched to safely remove the cable. The latches come in different styles. One style uses a flipper tab (I have seen brown ones) that extends the width of the cable. The tab flips towards the cable to lock it and away from the cable to release.

The ZIF socket in the picture looks like it might be of a type where the latch mechanism slides in and out of the socket, parallel to the cable. GENTLY AND EVENLY Pushing it into the socket locks the cable and GENTLY AND EVENLY pulling on it at each end to move it parallel to the cable and out of the socket a little bit releases the cable.

BOTH LATCH TYPES HAVE VERY THIN SECTIONS OF PLASTIC THAT CAN BREAK EASILY. THEY NEED TO BE HANDLED WITH EXTREME CARE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-keyboard-of-gateway-m320-notebook.766255/
Relevancy 52.46%

my laptop a gateway m FX just keeps resetting after seconds of being turned on I have cleaned out the dust from inside the case checked ram ram sockets the HDD I ve tried rebooting with different ram different HDD booting with just the ram and cpu rebooting after a power drain quot removing the battery and holding the power button for seconds quot removing the cmos battery for a minute and still no luck Sometimes It stays on up to seconds sometimes it just shuts off after like I said This all started after my original HDD died After purchasing Reset Loop Notebook Gateway M6850FX a new one it started doing this I also had a friend with the same model laptop try out my cpu to verify that it wasn t that and it worked fine I contacted Gateways awesome tech support After explaining to him everything I tried he told me that my notebook was out of warranty and it would cost me plus shipping with no guarantee that they could fix it without offering any suggestions what he may think it could be So now before I treat this laptop like the photocopier from Office space I just want Gateway Notebook M6850FX Reset Loop to make sure there s nothing else I could possibly try that maybe I overlooked any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-m6850fx-reset-loop.876597/
Relevancy 52.46%

The vertical scroll on my Gateway MT6730 notebook doesn't work, and I don't have the tabs/functionality to change anything on my touchpad when I go to Control Panel --> Mouse. (I don't have device settings, etc. to change.)

I'm trying to find a Synaptics driver that is compatible with my Windows XP OS, but the only one available for this Gateway model is for Vista. Any other potential solutions? Help please!

Thanks!

A:XP Synaptics Driver for Gateway MT6730 Notebook?

This should get you at least basic functionality.
http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-synaptics-driver-for-gateway-mt6730-notebook.848280/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello! I'm brand new to this site as a user.
I recently discovered this site and am reading several similar threads with great interest as I too, am having a serious problem.
The main problem with my Gateway notebook is that I can't get the thing to restart at all anymore (or do anything for that matter). What began with a missing operating system type of error... has now reached a point where nothing seems to respond but the pale orange charging indicator light.

The power cord is OK but the power indicator will never reach the green... charged state.

I am in desperate need of some files on this notebook, but haven't a clue as to how to proceed. I would welcome any help possible.

I can provide a huge number of details, but really don't know where to begin!
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a beeping sound coming from my gateway NV-78 notebook speakers but only when online.What is going on? What can I do?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389500/beeping-sound-on-my-gateway-nv-78-notebook-when-online-only/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

My neighbor brought over her computer this morning saying that she is unable to boot up her computer. After pushing the power button, the DOS looking window pops up that says we can push F2 for Setup but then goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor (for about 3 blinks) and then goes completely black.

We've tried to boot in safe mode, but we still get the same black screen.

The computer is a Gateway notebook with an Atom mobile processor and Windows XP Home installed.

Apparently there had been a virus on the machine that she had cleaned off. They had issues with Internet Explorer failing to bring up a web page on their primary account, but when we created a new account, IE worked just fine. She successfully used the computer for about 24 hours and is now having this "black screen" problem.

Any help would be great!

A:Gateway notebook boots to black screen

Have you checked the Gateway support page...for any data relative to similar problems?

System model?

What makes you think...that the system is now clean...if IE was not functioning properly...after stated "cleaning"?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384622/gateway-notebook-boots-to-black-screen/
Relevancy 52.46%

See title basically I traded my crappy HP Pav dv for a Gateway T- I think that s what it was just the other day and I haven t quite figured the new notebook out completely Especially since I finally made the jump to Vista which I am not all that fond of Anyway on the HP there was a touch-strip that opened the media center launched a DVD player advanced tracks stop play pause MP s or movies and so on There s a similar panel customize Media the you on a Notebook? Can Panel Gateway on the Gateway except it s not a touch-strip they re actual Can you customize the Media Panel on a Gateway Notebook? buttons On the HP customizing the touch-strip so that it opened something other than Windows Media Center was pretty straight-forward but on the new Gateway I can t figure out how to configure it if indeed I can I just hardly use WMC and it would be best if I could map different programs to the DVD Music buttons I ve come here several times looking for help over the last longer than six years which is what my profile says wow Can you customize the Media Panel on a Gateway Notebook? that s a long time you guys seem to always know the answer Can you customize the Media Panel on a Gateway Notebook? to those tough questions I can t quite figure out on my own so I figured I d ask here Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-customize-the-media-panel-on-a-gateway-notebook.617696/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a six year old Gateway MX6927 notebook computer that is acting funny. When I boot-up, it gets to the welcome screen and shows all my short cut icons but everything is frozen except for the cursor? The only way I can shut it down is using the power switch. No luck with Control-Alt.-Delete. I tried booting off of a dvd but still no help. I would just like to get to the DOS prompt and then do a reformat of the "C" drive. Any ideas.
Thanks, Miller5573

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-lockup-running-windows-xp.1081748/
Relevancy 52.46%

alright so yesterday i just reformatted my laptop and when i go to device manager it has a list "Other Devices" which has ethernet controller, Network Controller, etc. with a yellow question mark next to it.
I already went to the gateway site and put in my Model and Serial # and it gives me a page of drivers that i need to download. I dont have a clue on which ones i have to download, so i download a few things like audio, video, and they were installed but under network connections it has like 4 things you can download and i have no clue which on to DL. any help would be great. my model is: MX7120.

Plz help me! if you need to know anything else. let me know. and it would be great if anyone can tell me what drivers i need exactly to be installed.

A:Solved: I Reformatted my Gateway Notebook and now i have no internet!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-reformatted-my-gateway-notebook-and-now-i-have-no-internet.793343/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a gateway solo 2500 laptop and recently it has stopped running off the battery. The laptop shows the battery as being fully charged but it will not run off of it. It is a lithium Ion battery and so its expensive to replace. Is there any way of fixing batteries if they stop working?? can you suggest what might be wrong?? The laptop shows the battery as being charged, it recognises the battery fine and shows how much power is in the battery. It just wont run off the battery. It will not power up but it runs fine off the mains adapter.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey all I have a Gateway Laptop OS Windows XP that won t connect to the internet through my Wireless Router It will connect locally and will connect to the internet via an ethernet cord but I have no idea why the wireless connection won t go through I know it s an issue with my laptop because my roommate can connect to our router without any issues I have this problem with other people s home routers sometimes as well and while I m mainly concerned with my own router it would be great if the problem as a whole could be solved The wireless connection did Gateway :( XP with wireless network connecting locally to only Notebook work perfectly for one random weekend and then after having to restart my computer it was back to the ethernet cord for me I don t remember doing anything differently before it started connecting I would really appreciate some Gateway Notebook with XP only connecting locally to wireless network :( help with this because I ve done a lot of searching online trying to troubleshoot it myself and haven t had any luck and I ve been using an ethernet cord since August that I m not at all fond of Thanks nbsp

A:Gateway Notebook with XP only connecting locally to wireless network :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-with-xp-only-connecting-locally-to-wireless-network.983643/
Relevancy 51.6%

Friend had to get a new hard drive installed, and Gateway doesn't include recovery disc with their notebooks when purchased, nor do they keep them on file after 3 years. Sucky customer support practice!

Anyway, I need to find a Vista recovery disc for Model W3501. Can anyone help? The sticker and i.d.# for the Vista Home Premium operating system is on the back of the computer. Will Microsoft help with this?

A:Vista Recovery Disc for Gateway 3500 Notebook

Hi I 'am not aware of any 3 year policy have you tried ordering through here https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=gateway

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-recovery-disc-for-gateway-3500-notebook-597911.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Seven Gurus, having problems w/ my 4 yr old laptop computer shuts down after powered on 2-3 minutes, have eliminated HDD & RAM as possible culprits (reseated both & swapped out both HDD & RAM...same result) Tried blowing out the dust bunnies... same result... don't feel hot air blowing out side vent.

I've found these links online for replacement Fan/Heatsink but am concerned about vendors being trustworthy.
Gateway NV53A NEW90 NV59C NV59C66U CPU Heatsink Fan AT0C9001DR0 KSB06105HA
Gateway NV59 Laptop Cooling Heatsink and Fan AT0C9001DR0 | eBay
Amazon.com: Gateway NV59C Intel Laptop Heatsink w/ Fan, 60.WJ802.006 , AT0C9001DR0, at0c9001ss0, 60.psv02.005, at0c9001av0: Computers & Accessories
Gateway NV59 Laptop Cooling Heatsink and Fan AT0C9001DR0

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Part # AT0C9001DR0 see attached image:
Attachment 336017

A:Need replacement cooling fan/heatsink Gateway NV59c notebook

Just ordered the part from the E-Bay link above seller had very high marks. Now I hope it's just the fan/sink needs replacing...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348171-need-replacement-cooling-fan-heatsink-gateway-nv59c-notebook.html
Relevancy 51.6%

helllppppppp!!!! i pressed f8 tried debuggin and every other option debugging stays on blank screen how long should i wait

A:my gateway notebook is frozen on the windows start up screen

I'm not sure, but i imagine your Windows is corrupted.

You should format your drive and reinstall windows.

If you don't want to lose your data, download Ubuntu and boot your computer with it. You can then retrieve your important data before you format the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-gateway-notebook-is-frozen-on-the-windows-start-up-screen.982057/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Gateway Notebook here which is running Windows 7 Starter. I went to do "check for updates" when i got the error 8008005. I have tried to run FixIt and follow many other instructions from google. I have also tried to delete the SoftwareDistribution folders and stop and restart Windows Update. Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384290-gateway-notebook-windows-update-error-80080005-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to help a friend who has a Gateway T- Notebook using Windows VISTA Home Premium SP The Sony Optiarc DVD RW AD- A drive will not recognize a disc is inserted Comes up with an error msg quot Insert a disc Please insert reading not on T-1625 RW DVD Notebook Optiarc CD/DVDs Gateway AD-7563A a disc into drive E Help me choose a disc quot I have quot uninstalled and then reinstalled the DVD RW in the Device Manager I also have tried Physically removing and then reinstalling the DVD RW and it still will not work It does show up in Device Manager as well as in My Computer Under Device Properties Hardware it shows the same Location as the Hard Drive IE Location channel Target Lun Status The device is working properly On my Dell Inspiron it shows my hard Drive location as and my TEAC DVD RW as location If this is the problem where the Optiarc DVD RW needs to be at a different location how can I assign it to a different location I am an old DOS person and know my way around PCs pretty good I do need help on this one though Thanks for anyones help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/optiarc-dvd-rw-ad-7563a-not-reading-cd-dvds-on-gateway-t-1625-notebook.962701/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All nbsp My -year old Notebook has suddenly developed WiFi Internet access issues For the past month my WiFi connection has dropped intermittently sometimes for hours After running diagnostics receive various error messages Cannot find gateway cannot connect to this network ethernet adapter is unplugged have to Connect Notebook Suddenly WiFi/Find Gateway Unable not specified connection for wifi adapter nbsp A few germane notes nbsp Router from ISP is functioning properly and signal is strong usually when connection suddenly drops No bluetooth running no other network connections except an HP printer Distance minimal -- I am in the next room from router -- and no new 'obstacles' metal concrete between myself and router Have disabled enabled all adapters including the WiFi have removed replaced amp freshly logged on to wireless connection Even hardwired ethernet connection showed trouble being recognized Contrary to error messages everything set properly in 'Settings' nbsp nbsp Have never had this problem before are the network adapters on this notebook just failing Atheros amp Realtek nbsp nbsp Thanks for your help nbsp Kate nbsp nbsp

A:Notebook Suddenly Unable to Connect WiFi/Find Gateway

Unable to find a way to add a brief addendum to my message, thus this reply to myself Addendum:  I have updated all drivers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Notebook-Suddenly-Unable-to-Connect-WiFi-Find-Gateway/td-p/5816278
Relevancy 51.17%

My Gateway Solo 1450 notebook suddenly "died". I have no clue as to what steps to take to get into it to retrieve my important files.

Although the problem started with a message that indicated a "Missing Operating System" (Win XP Home)... there are clearly BIG problems left to be solved. And without help I'll be lost.

There seems to be NO LIFE at all except a dull orange power indicator on the case (which really ought to be green to indicate proper power. Nothing works. No other lights, beeps, fan... or anything at all.

I have tried a few things, but have made no progress at all. HELP!

Thanks in advance for any advise and/or suggestions-
Ranger54

Relevancy 51.17%

I just got a new Gateway Ne series notebook for Christmas Everytime I notebook Gateway when I connected live stay to try. won't wi fi. Signs out xbox New try to connect it wirelessly it will sign out my New Gateway notebook won't stay connected to wi fi. Signs xbox live out when I try. son and boyfriend from xbox live It will connect if I connect before they have used their xbox s But usually once they sign in it will say limited conectivity I have comcast internet an Arris modem and Linskys router I New Gateway notebook won't stay connected to wi fi. Signs xbox live out when I try. called the cable New Gateway notebook won't stay connected to wi fi. Signs xbox live out when I try. company and they said I have enough speed and wanted to charge me to check the router settings The only thing I have made changes to is about a year ago I changed the channel in the router because when we moved in our new place the Wii wouldn t connect only the xbox s So I changed a channel in the router settings to get it to work Not sure if that could be the problem I would appreciate any help I want to make sure this isn t something simple to fix before I take the notebook back for a refund I called Gateway support and they had me reset the computer and reinstall a driver which did not help nbsp

A:New Gateway notebook won't stay connected to wi fi. Signs xbox live out when I try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-gateway-notebook-wont-stay-connected-to-wi-fi-signs-xbox-live-out-when-i-try.1083420/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey I'm new to this forum I just joined freezing screen. NoteBook NV53A black clean to Wiped Laptop GateWay so I could be able to post about an issue I'm having with my notebook laptop I completely wiped the computer clean and back to factory settings and had malware test scan the whole computer and everything is clean The laptop startsup into OS and can stay on for a good mins without freezing if left alone When the computer does freeze it freezes my screen so nothing is moving including the mouse cursor Sometimes it'll just Wiped clean GateWay NV53A NoteBook Laptop freezing to black screen. go to a black screen but the computers fans and keyboard lights are still on I feel like it could be a ram or hard drive thing only cause I've gotten messages like this one before when just starting up the computer before windows logo even pops up And a random blue screen of death one time but rarely ever that Any ideas on how I could stop the freezing Really need this laptop for school I do have windows installation disc

A:Wiped clean GateWay NV53A NoteBook Laptop freezing to black screen.

Someone please help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/341364-wiped-clean-gateway-nv53a-notebook-laptop-freezing-black-screen.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm missing the driver for the audio, video, ethernet, pci, sm bus, and vga controllers on an old Gateway GM5076E. I download the drivers from the gateway website but when i try to run the setup it says that the driver is not for that model. I don't understand whats wrong. If anybody has any ideas throw them my way. Ill appreciate it.

A:Help installing drivers on an old Gateway GM5076E...

Gateway says, "No such model". What OS and what download page did you use?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installing-drivers-on-an-old-gateway-gm5076e.981031/
Relevancy 47.3%

OK here s the situation SATA XP 255E w/ a Gateway on Installing I have a Gateway E notebook I loaded the Win XP SP CD and clicked on F to load the SATA drivers I do not have an internal floppy drive but I do have a USB extrenal floppy drive The SATA drivers from Gateway s support site loaded up and Installing XP on a Gateway 255E w/ SATA I was able to change the partitions Installing XP on a Gateway 255E w/ SATA to the way I wanted them and then perform a quick format using the NTFS file system That s when my luck runs out The screen then asks for the Intel Matrix Storage Manager So I went to the Intel support site and downloaded the floppy version of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager It then says click enter to continue But when I click enter nothing happens And I mean nothing like absolutely nothing I have repeated this entire process several times and always come to the same end What am I doing wrong Thanks in advance for your help mlk nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-xp-on-a-gateway-255e-w-sata.524399/
Relevancy 47.3%

System BIOS version P11-A3, build date 10/18/2012 Trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, but after install and reboot get the message: Reboot and Select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key The HDD is in UEFI mode and the DVD which booted the install media was in UEFI mode as well. Cycled through all the combinations of the Secure Boot options in the BIOS, but all configurations yield the same error on reboot. Is it possible to install Ubuntu on this desktop?

A:Installing Ubuntu on Gateway DX4870

Ubuntu 64 or 32 bit?i suggest you 64 bit under UEFI, by the way have a look here:http://askubuntu.com/questions/304144/clean-install-of-ubuntu-wont-boot-reboot-and-select-proper-boo...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Installing-Ubuntu-on-Gateway-DX4870/td-p/422241
Relevancy 47.3%

System BIOS version P11-A3, build date 10/18/2012 Trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, but after install and reboot get the message: Reboot and Select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key The HDD is in UEFI mode and the DVD which booted the install media was in UEFI mode as well. Cycled through all the combinations of the Secure Boot options in the BIOS, but all configurations yield the same error on reboot. Is it possible to install Ubuntu on this desktop?

A:Installing Ubuntu on Gateway DX4870

Ubuntu 64 or 32 bit?i suggest you 64 bit under UEFI, by the way have a look here:http://askubuntu.com/questions/304144/clean-install-of-ubuntu-wont-boot-reboot-and-select-proper-boo...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Installing-Ubuntu-on-Gateway-DX4870/td-p/422241/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

I am planning to install a new combo motherboard pentium GHz Gateway a motherboard a new in Solved: Installing into my Gateway Mid-Tower atx form desktop PC Solved: Installing a new motherboard in a Gateway My current Gateway is the following Model G - MULTIMEDIA Processor SAC PII MHZ R pentium MHz I am planning to install this combo motherboard VIA P X AA amp VT Chipset Socket for Pentium processors with pentium GHz Two -pin DDR DIMMs and Two -pin DIMMs with DDR or SDRAM support up to GB AC Audio Codec on board LAN MAC Integrated in VT and PHY on board optional I understand that I will have to replace my Watt power supply with a Watt power supply for this new board Is there any special power supply needed for this job or will any Watt power supply work well Also I plan to keep my existing Maxtor harddrive that is currently installed for now I will backup all files that I think should be saved before doing this upgrade but is it possible to upgrade the motherboard and keep the contents of the harddrive intact Thanks for your input nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I mistakenly installed the ata gateway from the zip file which was unsuccessful and I have tried severally to uninstall the ata gateway without success. How do I uninstall the ata gateway or better still what can be done to rectify this.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e54b04aa-10b0-4ef8-8aad-4d3fd5bc75ec/i-cannot-uninstall-ata-gateway-after-installing-from-the-zip-file?forum=mata
Relevancy 47.3%

I just purchased a new retail boxed Intel E6700 CPU to replace the stock E6400. I use to build all of my own systems but I have not done so for awhile. Anyway this is the first socket 775 motherboard I worked with. The problem is the new heat sink that came with the CPU connects to the motherboard with pins you push in. The stock heat sink bolts in. The pins on the new heat sink will not fit into the threaded holes of the motherboard. Do anyone know what it is I need to do. Do you think maybe the stock heat sink is efficient for the new CPU? Thanks

Eddie

A:Help installing heatsink on Gateway GM5424

The thermal specs for the E6400 and the E6700 are so close I don't believe there will be any problem using the cooler that came with the E6400.

Did you check with Gateway to make sure your board supports the E6700?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installing-heatsink-on-gateway-gm5424.677155/
Relevancy 47.3%

I got this netbook about months back and it came with Windows starter but the netbook only has gb of ram and wasn't running too smooth so I decided to install Windows XP Professional on it Since the netbook doesn't have a CD-ROM I had to use my USB flash drive to do Gateway Problem on a XP Netbook installing it It was my first time so I'm having problems First I was able to install Windows but didn't finish the installation correctly so I was able to get in Windows but didn't have admin access and had Problem installing XP on a Gateway Netbook a problem with rundll exe so I couldn't run anything Then I tried to format again to fix it but my hard drive wasn't showing up After searching on google I found out I had to change my hard drive property in BIOS to IDE from ATA So after doing that it worked Then after being able to format C and install Windows on it the installation kept freezing on minutes before finishing So I found another post saying I had to Problem installing XP on a Gateway Netbook disable Problem installing XP on a Gateway Netbook the option quot D D quot in BIOS So I did that but it's not working keeps on freezing at minutes before finishing Can anyone help me with this issue

A:Problem installing XP on a Gateway Netbook

What is the make and model # of your Gateway Netbook? Being that is shipped with Windows 7, chances are great that there are no drivers available from Gateway for XP. This will mean, even if you get XP installed, you probably won't have Network Adapter drivers, Audio and Display. Go to the Gateway drivers site, type in your model # and see if they have XP drivers. If not, if you haven't formatted the Recovery Partition, you can run that at bootup to restore the computer back to
Windows 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-installing-xp-on-a-gateway-netbook-677635.html
Relevancy 47.3%

my first post here woohooo but the problem here is im trying to install windows xp pro sp on my gateway tablet pc gb ddr mhz ram gb sata hard drive '' screen intel core cpu ghz ok so after it loads the windows xp files it says press enter to install windows xp so i do then i get the error message setup did not find any hard disk drives install in your computer so i was like ok thats lame i checked the bios and it shows that it detected the hard drive i just took the hard drive out of the gateway laptop and put it in my dell laptop and just install xp on it took the hard drive out and put it back in the gateway everything loads up great pro gateway need laptop on installing my help windows xp til i get the BSOD which makes me mad so i restarted the laptop and need help installing windows xp pro on my gateway laptop loaded up msdos thinking i can run some kind of scandisk or checkdisk to fix the problem but it cant find the need help installing windows xp pro on my gateway laptop hard drive in msdos

A:need help installing windows xp pro on my gateway laptop

Try pressing enter on user setting in your bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-installing-windows-xp-pro-on-my-gateway-laptop-323409.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I am at my wits end. I have been searching for hours trying to find a sound driver for this paperweight of mine. It almost seems like there are no Windows XP compatible sound drivers for this model. I have installed some things, but nothing works. First, I need help to uninstall everything because now when I search for drivers it just updates the one thats installed that doesn't work. Then, I need to find a driver that will work. Used Driver Detective, nothing works. Attached are the specs from Everest. Im sure you dont need most of that. I don't think it even lists a sound device and it doesn't know what chipset I have. Thanks in advance, hope someone can help.
thadlozen

Relevancy 46.87%

Earlier today after much trouble and help I managed to get windows xp dual booted with my previous Windows Vista Os. The first thing I did was put my 2wire bigpond installation cd into my laptop and connected my modem. The power light, and dsl lights came on but the ethernet, which is supposed to work out of the box, did on my vista, didn't connect.

I installed the usb drivers and then tried to activate the gateway but it said there was an error and to restart either the modem or the pc. I have done both numerous times to no avail.

Can anyone help me out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/2wire-2070-gateway-not-installing-in-windows-xp-403843.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm trying to install the latest driver for my graphics video card driver Need Laptop help installing gateway chipset to try and solve an issue where my laptop freezes going into sleep mode On the driver download page I found drivers for the chipset and the VGA In the device manager for windows I found under the display adapters Mobil Intel Series Express Chipset family but I can't find anything in the device manager for a VGA Should I just install the chipset driver Does that cover the video card Here is the website with the drivers https support gateway com product x modelId In the readme file for that driver it says it's for the Intel R Series Need help installing chipset driver gateway Laptop Series Chipset and to read the release notes to see if this driver will work with my chipset I can't find the release notes to confirm whether this one will work I'd appreciate any help Thanks very much When I go to Intel's website and use their software updater to update the driver this is what it says

A:Need help installing chipset driver gateway Laptop

Hi there ... If you go to the Link you Posted and scroll down to VGA you will see the Intel Driver for your Graphics

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/317124-need-help-installing-chipset-driver-gateway-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all,

My girlfriend's laptop that had a HD go bad on it. It has a SATA HD. I bought a new WD Scorpio Blue SATA Notebook HD. I installed it, and the BIOS and WD DLG Diagnostics sees it just fine, and says it is working. However, when I use the Gateway install disk that came with the computer to return Windows XP Tablet PC, it just tells me there is no HD. I'm guessing it has to do with SATA drivers, and it appears as though many people have had this issue. I just can't figure out a good solution. Anyone have any ideas? At this time I don't have a USB CD or DVD drive, nor do I have a USB Floppy drive. I have lots of USB Jump Drives if there is some driver that might work on that. It's a Gateway CX2610.

Thanks for any help!

A:Solved: Installing Windows on Gateway with SATA HD

Oh, shoot. Can someone move this to the Windows XP Forum?? I must have clicked on the wrong one on accident!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-windows-on-gateway-with-sata-hd.912688/
Relevancy 46.44%

When I connect my Gateway Laptop to my Toshiba TV through the HDMI ports I get no sound or picture. I changed the input port to the HDMI port on the TV. I think it is in the settings of my computer where I need to make a change but I can't find out where. Help!!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72, AMD64 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2813 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114115 MB, Free - 4090 MB; D: Total - 114116 MB, Free - 111336 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway,
Antivirus: CyberDefender Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Connecting Gateway Notebook Model MD2614U to my Toshiba 46" TV Model 46XV645U

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-gateway-notebook-model-md2614u-to-my-toshiba-46-tv-model-46xv645u.1049874/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
I bought my laptop abroad and everything is in foreign language. It's an ACER ASPIRE 5739G - 754G50Mn with Vista Home Premium. I wanted to get a new os vista ultimate or windows 7 installed. Some questions:
1. If I get a new os in english, I would only be able to clean install as it wouldn't allow me to update. But would I loose all the notebook's drivers?
2. I did a back up of the drivers just to be on the safe side, but if I install the new os in english, would the new os recognise the drivers if they are in a foreign language?
3. What's the best solution in this case? Getting an update of either vista or 7 and upgrading and then changing the display language?

Many thanks for your replies.

A:Installing on a foreign notebook

Hello Nag and welcome to the SevenForums.

In my opinion you have two possibilities. One is the upgrade installation and Language Pack, the second a clean install. Checking the specs of your laptop from interweb, I believe both would work without problems.

1) Upgrade & Language PackBuy Windows 7 Ultimate in the same language than your OEM Vista Home Premium. Do an upgrade installation, install English Language Pack from Windows Update and change the language. You get an English Wnidows 7 with all of the original drivers intact. The Win7 has to be in the same language than your OEM-OS. Works!
2) Clean InstallDo a clean install of Windows 7, download and install missing drivers. Your Acer should work fine. You can use English Win7 or some other language version and Language Packs.
Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28451-installing-foreign-notebook.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've recently bought a new Acer Notebook travelmate 6292 with Vista preinstalled.
I would like to remove Vista and install XP pro.
After changing the boot sequence to CDdrive first and inserting the XP disk it goes
through the install process then comes up with hard drive not installed.
Normally at that stage it would give me the option of HD to install.
My intention is to format the HD and install Xp. What am I doing wrong. Help!

Relevancy 46.44%

I have an old HP Pavillion N3350 which had a cracked screen. I ordered a new LCD from one of the many websites devoted to that and installed it myself, following exactly what I did to remove the old one in reverse. The new screen has some sort of active connection because it lights up with many colorful scrambled lines, but no clear picture and no sign that the scramble is an actual picture being scrambled. I plugged it into another monitor and activated a dual display, the new screen lit up, scrambled, but was not actually listed as a display device that I could select. I plan on taking the whole thing apart again and double checking my connections, but I really don't think that they are loose. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with something like this??
Thanks in advance!

A:Problem installing new LCD into notebook

Well, this is one of those issues where the operative phrase is probably: You just had to be there.

I'm not sure, other than checking the connections again, what to suggest. It's curious another monitor shows up scrambled, that seems to indicate you have a video controller error in addition to the cracked screen. Did this laptop get dropped?

It's normally not cost-effective to repair older laptops, I've recently seen low-end Toshiba models for $449 after rebate, and I'm sure they're a better laptop than the old HP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-new-lcd-into-notebook.389327/
Relevancy 46.44%

i have an asus eee pc 904hd with windows xp installed (1gb memory, 80gb hard-drive, and a 900 MHZ processor) and i was wondering if it is possible to install windows vista ultimate onto it, with out there being any problems. many thanks alex

A:installing vista on a notebook

Don't bother with a 900mhz processor. Vista needs officially 1GHz. Most standard laptops have 1.6GHz or higher. 1GB of RAM is also too small, ideally you would need 3GB for x86 and 6GB or more for x64. Also, Vista needs around 15GB to install, so you would be running out of space soon.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...uirements.aspx

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240951-installing-vista-notebook.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I?m planning on loading Windows 7 on my new Business Notebook are there any settings I need to change? What do I need to know?

Thanks 
Bill

A:Installing Windows 7 on a New Notebook

Hey Bill, Windows 7 can be installed on some of the newer business PCs. There are some requirements and settings you should be aware of.First, you cannot install Windows 7 on a computer with a 7th generation processor.You'll need to either change the TPM version on the PC or install a hotfix from Microsoft.You must use legacy mode (non-UEFI) in the BIOS.You need your own copy of Windows 7 and a license for Windows 10 Professional.You can find steps and more information at http://www.hp.com/support/Windows7and10TPMFAQ Thanks,Wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Installing-Windows-7-on-a-New-Notebook/td-p/5822364
Relevancy 46.44%

I bought a brand new notebook pc. unfortunatly it has vista but i want to install XP on it, so when i load the CD, it later tells me that it does not see a HD installed, im sure my HD is SATA. i dont think it has anything to do with it but i guess that is why i am on here lol...

i also tried ubuntu linux but it gets to the part where the theme song comes on and then it freezes. so i left it alone.

but i really want to install XP because i cannot stand Vista. any help? i really appreciate it.

A:Solved: Need help installing XP on notebook.

If you are using a SATA (Serial ATA) hard drive, you will get an error message and will need to start the install process over. Keep an eye out for the message at the bottom of the screen that prompts you to &#8220;press F6 to install a third-party driver&#8221; You will have to slipstream a disk unless you have a floppy. The first thing you need to do is make sure you will be able to get the drivers and utilities for your board that are XP compatible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-installing-xp-on-notebook.684044/
Relevancy 46.44%

It s been about a year since we ve used this computer and last time we did it ran perfectly Now all of a sudden it pops a black screen saying that there is a quot Main fan error quot and to check the fan The first thing I did was clean out the fan There was a small amount of dust in it but nothing major The fan turns on for five seconds on start up then something turns it off Things that I know so far is the fan is NOT damaged and the computer is NOT overheating in anyway My father and I tested this by pulling out the memory chips The fan runs continuously without stopping when the chips are M-series fan "Main Error" notebook Gateway removed Also the air coming from the vent is not warm and I can touch the fan itself and it is not even warm My father and I believe there is something wrong with the sensor that says whether or not "Main fan Error" M-series Gateway notebook the fan is running Possibly a heat sensor of some kind What we need to know is if there is a way to find where the sensor is at and if there is a way to repair it The warranty of this computer has expired so please don t suggest taking it back or just buying a new computer Any information about this issue would be greatly appreciated M-series Gateway Notebook Model nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Just bought a new Gateway desktop today; it may be my last. I also bought an additional internal hard drive. All of my other desktops have come with instructions and diagrams for installing, but this one doesn't, and no such document seems to be available either on the computer or on their website. So I initiated a chat with Gateway tech support to ask where I might find such a document. At first the guy said he could help with that issue. The next thing he typed was that he was "just a hardware specialist" so that was beyond the scope of his (and his group's) knowledge. He then said he would be happy to connect me with a group at Gateway who could, for a fee, "remotely troubleshoot my issue."

So, can anyone tell me where I might find instructions for installing an internal hard drive in a Gateway FX6840?

A:Solved: Installing additional hard drive on new Gateway - they were NO help

All you need to do is find a guide on how to install a SATA hard drive. As long as the power supply has spare SATA connectors, you're set. You might have to buy a SATA cable though. Good thing they're cheap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-additional-hard-drive-on-new-gateway-they-were-no-help.976081/
Relevancy 46.01%

I've looked around and I'm having a hard time finding good info on this. I've looked up stuff like slipstreaming SATA drivers into the windows disc, but I don't think I'm doing it right. I got the correct SATA drivers from gateways website. I'm pretty sure this system just uses the intel SATA Chipset. Any way if anyone could help me install XP on my Gateway C-141XL laptop without having a floppy disc I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

A:Installing XP on Gateway laptop SATA HD with no floppy drive

Nevermind, I finally stumbled onto a program called nLite that is pretty self explanetory and did exactly what I needed. Anyone else having problems with this can find the program here: http://www.nliteos.com/index.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-xp-on-gateway-laptop-sata-hd-with-no-floppy-drive.702592/
Relevancy 46.01%

OK here s goes i ll try to be as concise as notebook OS drive installing w/ on no optical help need possible i ve got an old Acer Travelmate it s one of those mini notebooks the issue is it has no CD or DVD drive just a couple USB s and a need help installing OS on notebook w/ no optical drive firewire it need help installing OS on notebook w/ no optical drive s basically my work in progress computer i ve got my power laptop and my workhorse desktop that i loathe formatting and reinstalling every time i have a hick up but i don t mind wrecking this little Acer it s pretty bare bones it s always had XP on it but recently i wanted to dabble in LINUX being i had no real options need help installing OS on notebook w/ no optical drive i pulled the hard drive out of the Acer connected it to a serial adapter and hooked it up to my desktop from there i could wipe it and load Ubuntu well i m done with it and wanted to reload XP thinking quot hell it worked before quot i yanked the hard drive from the Acer again hooked it up to my desktop disabled my other two drives so all the desktop could see is the Acer drive i formatted it and installed XP i booted it up on the desktop and everything worked great this is where the fun stops i put the drive back in the notebook and bingo bango BSOD my thoughts on this are when i ve got the Acer drive in my desktop and i m installing XP it s configuring everything based on my desktops specs and hardware hence when i move it back to the laptop it freaks out because it can t find anything it knows and gives me that pretty blue screen then again i m not that s why i m out here the ultimate goal here is to get XP on my Acer notebook by any means possible just not having any optical drives makes the situation particularly frustrating anyways seattle i m listening nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

i have an older ibm thinkpad 600E type 2645-4AH that runs on a PII with a 6.4GB Hitachi hard drive. i would like to install a larger hard drive 20GB or 30GB. i took a look at the hard drive in the notebook and it seems to be a size around 12.7mm (0.5 in.) most of the new notebook hard drives i can find are in the 9.5mm (0.37 in.) size. will there be any problems installing a thinner drive than my old drive in the notebook? will it be secure in place or will it move around too much and get easily damaged? would i also need to upgrade the bios?

tks for the help in advance.

jj

A:installing a new notebook hard drive

The thinner one will be OK. It is screwed into a cradle and that stops it from movong. No you should not need a bios update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-a-new-notebook-hard-drive.189182/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi!

So I'm having problems installing Windows XP on my HP laptop.

Thew windows setups says that it can't find a hdd?! -same **** that the bios says

The only little thingy with it is that the laptop can boot from the hdd with vista...so why
can't it find the hdd?!

I have tried with an other hdd and there is still the same problem :/

So what to do?

A:Problems installing windows on HP 530 Notebook PC

Try resetting the bios to its default settings, or even try a bios update, using a USB stick

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-installing-windows-on-hp-530-notebook-pc.145287/
Relevancy 46.01%

Gentlemen I Installing On OS Advice Notebook dv6500 recently bought from a thrift store an HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC Limited Edition model Advice Installing OS On dv6500 Notebook dv The bottom of the service tag has it identified as dv se -- nothing like introducing a bit of confusion to the mix It has a GHz Centrino duo gigs of RAM and a GB HDD with some form of Linux on it Originally it shipped with Windows Vista Premium My questions for you revolve around various options for getting it back with some form of Windows OS I've come up with some options but I don't know which -- if any -- of them are realistic Option This is my preferred option since it's free and I'm a cheapskate Since the computer has a legible product key sticker on the bottom could I install a downloaded copy of Vista that came from Microsoft and use the product key to get it to install and activate properly If the product key is only valid for the HP OEM version of Vista then I guess this option is out and I would need to find an HP OEM disk see option Option Getting a recovery disk that is supposed to be all the original files from HP that were installed on the machine at shipping HP doesn't offer these anymore for this computer but there are sites like Restore Disks which purport to have copies for -- nearly three times the price of what HP would have charged Is this a legit' product Would the OS activate with the product key on the computer like it would with the rescue kits directly from HP Option Buy an OEM copy of Windows This is the most expensive option but Win has extended support until where Vista is only supported for something like another months I haven't investigated this option in any detail so I don't even know whether this computer's hardware will even run under Win and it seems to me that some Windows OS would need to be already installed to be able to run the Win Adviser to let you know this Option Try to install Windows XP I've read posts from people who claim to have successfully installed XP on this class of machine The biggest headache seems to be hunting down XP drivers from the manufacturers of the hardware components The upside of this is cost -- I already have a retail copy of XP that was running on a now retired computer -- the downsides are limited usability no internet possible hardware problems and hassle trying to find drivers I realize that there are illegal options but I'm trying to stay kosher I don't envision needing to store large amounts of files on this machine so the existing HDD might prove servicable cheapskate remember Any constructive comments from those more familiar with these matters than I am will be appreciated I don't want to junk what could be a useful computer Thanks for your interest Grant

A:Advice Installing OS On dv6500 Notebook

You need to have a Vista OEM disk of the same version as the license. If it is Vista Home Premium, that is what you need to have. It will work and we can find you the drivers as they are still posted here. It does not need to be an "HP" version of Vista but it does need to be an OEM copy of Vista. I am not aware of any place right now that you can download an OEM copy of Vista from Microsoft. They used to host such .iso downloads but stopped that maybe 18 months ago.   Windows 7 will work well on it and is a much better option than Vista although there are some publicized tweaks to Vista that can actually make it run almost as well as Windows 7. Vista just had terrible memory management so Windows 7 will run better on Vista-era hardware than 7.  Windows 7 and Windows Vista have a lot in common and generally can use the same drivers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Advice-Installing-OS-On-dv6500-Notebook/td-p/5654056
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

i'm trying to install a new hard drive in my notebook (dell, running windows 2000),
i know i need a startup disk, right?
but when i try to make a startup disk the system asks me for the cdrom of windows 2000, which i don't have.

the question is can i use any startup disk or one generated by the current os?

i have the cdrom of windows me and a startup disk of windows me, can i use those to install the new hard drive on my notebook?

plus, anything else i should know? any tutorial around?

thank you!

A:installing hard drive in a notebook

Are you wanting to install ME on the new disk? If so, then pop out the old HDD, and put in the new, and use the ME Startup disk to make sure the new drive is fdisked and formatted properly. After that, you can reboot and start installing the OS.

You can learn a lot from one of our member's sites.

rkselby98 and scroll down a little to the Hard drive and Installing Windows sections respectively

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-hard-drive-in-a-notebook.88373/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there, I just bought a computer the other day, a hp pavilion g6-2348sg. It had no windows installed (freeDOS), so I bought a windows 7 home premium dvd. I installed it, but I can't connect to the internet because there seems to be no drivers for ethernet, and as a matter of fact, there are several other missing drivers as well. When I tried to install the drivers, which I downloaded in another computer and loaded in a usb pendrive, an error came up saying that "the system does not meet the minimum requirements... (9996)". I am wondering if the computer itself is not capable of running Windows 7, but only Windows 8. Can someone confirm this or have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a windows 7 Samsung recovery media disk and a Samsung notebook model-NP-N110 with windows xp home edition. Obviously my notebook does not have a disk drive and I want to install windows 7 on it using the disk. I am ok with computers but not very technical so if you could explain things and describe what I have to do it would be good

A:Need help installing windows 7 on a Samsung notebook

The simplest, most direct way would be to use an external USB DVD drive. You will need to access the Boot Options in the BIOS to set the computer's boot order to USB as the first choice. Once you do that you can boot from the recovery disk and proceed with the restore.

Have you tried to do a restore from the hdd using what Samsung refers to as "Recovery Solution 4"? From the Samsung website here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/Su...224&fm_seq=392 (scroll down to the sections describing how to do a restore) It seems that you should press F4 when you first see the Samsung logo to access "Recovery Solution 4".

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/244409-need-help-installing-windows-7-samsung-notebook.html
Relevancy 46.01%

when I turn on  my notebook it says the computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows installation cannot proceed to install windows click ok to restart the computer and then restart the installation. when I click ok
it restarts and the then repeats its self again what do I do?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/632c67e3-75af-4342-bca1-2557e9f4569d/installing-windows-on-notebook-error?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an Acer Aspire Notebook which came with Vista Home Premium I just ran the Windows Home Premium upgrade custom Installation I was able to run the install check for and download updates and activate The last thing I did was to change the quot update windows quot option to notify me when downloads are dead installing after Windows 7 Notebook available but let me choose when to download and install After doing all of Notebook dead after installing Windows 7 this I restarted the system and Notebook dead after installing Windows 7 windows wouldn't start I followed the recomendation to run Startup repair which when finished reported that the volume was corrupt not sure of the exact wording I tried to restart and was prompted to run the Startup repair again which I did The window opened and showed that it was checking for problems the next time I looked at the screen it was blank not blue screen with ony the mouse pointer visible I could move the pointer but there was no other activity I tried to turn off and restart the computer using the power button but could not get anything happening Any ideas on how I can get this machine up and running again

A:Notebook dead after installing Windows 7

If you can't turn it off, pull the battery and the power cord.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/50023-notebook-dead-after-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently had to replace a hard drive in a Samsung notebook running Win 7 64 bit, I reinstalled the operating system from the restore disk, but that was all that was on the disk, no drivers at all, I located the Samsung web site www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP300E7A-A05UK- driver downloads site, I have downloaded the chipset drivers and vga drivers, but I've no idea if I have done this properly, as up to now the display still looks like it is running in safe mode. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

A:Trouble re-installing win 7 on Samsung notebook

You need to get your display driver from the manufacturer website. Click on start and in the search box type "device manager" scroll through all your devices and see if you have a small yellow exclamation point anywhere. If you do, that is a driver that you need to get. Search for your computers display driver first in order to get your hd graphics. What is the make and model of your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525769/trouble-re-installing-win-7-on-samsung-notebook/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello

First:
My BIOS does not support booting from a USB device
The Notebook does NOT have a CD-ROM
I am able to access a USB CD-ROM with a bootdisk
I've created 3 partitions, but only the second partition is working, because the harddisk is corrupt
The partion is 7GB large and has the letter D

The Problems I've encountered:
I tried to start the ..\I386\winnt.exe but the setup doesn't see my Harddrive. Windows is unable to locate a appropriate drive with enough space.
Same as above happens when I run the winnt from the harddisk
The setup doesn't start at all when there is no CD-ROM driver loaded, so I cannot just use simple bootdisks
Well, what can I do?? I'd like to load the USB drivers during the bootsetup(using 4 bootdisk) but I do not know how. Does anyone have a idea how to get this installation going?
Thank you

Bye

Relevancy 46.01%

I have been unable to install WinXP on a newer notebook; check the BIOS and select IDE and ACHI but to no avail; I think I needed SATA drivers for the hard disk;

managed to find SATA_Intel_8.0.0.1039_XPx86XPx64_IMSI.zip; how do I add this to the CD so that I won't be asked to add the necessary drivers during installation

Relevancy 46.01%

I have HP ENVY 17-s000 Notebook PC (Touch) and I want to install an M2SSD into it. will this computer support it and can I have both the M2SSD and the 2.5 in SATA drive in there simulaniously? 

A:Installing M2 SSD in my HP ENVY 17-s000 Notebook PC

@MrsAnnaB Your manual does not say anything about M.2 SSD. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04886204 Sorry. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Installing-M2-SSD-in-my-HP-ENVY-17-s000-Notebook-PC/td-p/5851317
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello

First:
My BIOS does not support booting from a USB device
The Notebook does NOT have a CD-ROM
I am able to access a USB CD-ROM with a bootdisk
I've created 3 partitions, but only the second partition is working, because the harddisk is corrupt
The partion is 7GB large and has the letter D

The Problems I've encountered:
I tried to start the ..\I386\winnt.exe but the setup doesn't see my Harddrive. Windows is unable to locate a appropriate drive with enough space.
Same as above happens when I run the winnt from the harddisk
The setup doesn't start at all when there is no CD-ROM driver loaded, so I cannot just use simple bootdisks
Well, what can I do?? I'd like to load the USB drivers during the bootsetup(using 4 bootdisk) but I do not know how. Does anyone have a idea how to get this installation going?
Thank you

Bye

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-2000-on-a-notebook-without-a-cd-rom.262684/
Relevancy 46.01%

I m officially out of ideas and I m hoping you kind way of operating notebook system No on installing folk here could help me out I have a Hp notebook whose hard disc I formatted while transfering data from it to my computer so I could do a fresh OS When I returned the hard disc into the notebook I found No way of installing operating system on notebook that I could not install Windows by any medium I tried plugging in an external DVD reader and installing windows like I did the first time on this notebook but No way of installing operating system on notebook it would not read from the device BIOS recognises it only as USB LEGACY SUPPORT When I tried installing windows from an USB like I did many times on my computer the screen would freeze when I pressed any key to No way of installing operating system on notebook boot from USB I tried changing USB ports for the devices I used it did not help and I tried changing USB memory sticks from which I booted but alas no success I don t know if there is a way of transfering the files from the dvd onto the hard disc make it bootable somehow and then install the OS on the hard drive the same one I also tried installing other OS using the same methods Windows and XP but have had the same problems P S I haven t tried preinstalling a system on the hard drive on another computer and then inserting the HD into the notebook hoping it would boot I tried that once on a comuter and have had no success Please do help cheers nbsp

A:No way of installing operating system on notebook

Does this help ?
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...all-Windows7-on-HP-2140-using-USB/td-p/301650

or this ?
http://www.suren.net/2010/03/11/installing-windows-7-off-a-usb-drive-on-an-hp-mini-2140/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-way-of-installing-operating-system-on-notebook.200793/
Relevancy 46.01%

If I need to install a new sound card for my notebook do I have to buy an internal or external one? I'm assuming external (usb) because I don't see an easy way of opening my laptop to install an internal one.

A:installing new sound card in notebook

most are onboard and aren't something you can changeout like a pc.

ms had some usb speakers sometime back. you'd have to check around bestbuy, office max to see if any are available.

have you ever had anything running thru the usb port?

info about you laptop would help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-new-sound-card-in-notebook.398432/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have recently purchased a video card for my pc from a friend but I was told by wal-mart it my not install into my PC.I would like to know if it will install or not here is what it says in the manual.
Step one:locate the AGP slot.(I don't even know what it is let a lone know how to install something into it.)

So if someone can give me some ideas on how to install this dang thing I would appreciate it.

The video card is a ATI Radeon Graphics Gigabyte GV-R465D2-1GL ATI HD 4650 1GB GDDR2 and I am trying to install it into a Gateway GT5622 Desktop.

A:Need advice on installing Video Card into a Gateway GT5622 Desktop?

Sounds like the video card is meant for an agp slot. You have a "pci express x16" slot in your motherboard. This card will not fit.
http://chauncy-ict.pbworks.com/w/page/9660207/Graphics Sound and TV Cards
scroll down in the link to see the "pci express x 16" slot

PS if you decide to upgrade your video card you will most likely need a new power supply 300w is very low.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-advice-on-installing-video-card-into-a-gateway-gt5622-desktop.1063494/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all. I've been having trouble installing Windows 7 32 bit on this laptop. After I do a clean Install and the computer restarts, I get this error: please insert a disk into drive device harddisk2 dr2. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Having trouble installing a copy of windows 7 on a Gateway w350a/T1625

Did you clean the HD Drive first?
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version
Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/186815-having-trouble-installing-copy-windows-7-gateway-w350a-t1625.html