Windows Support Forum

UPS Software for 2000 server

Q: UPS Software for 2000 server

Kinda a silly question but i recently bought a Tripplite UPS I dont like there software quot Poweralert quot at all I came across the software from APC UPS maker called quot powerchute quot And im wondering if i could use that software instead of the software that came with my tripplite or any other recommended UPS software that has good features From what i can tell windows is not using any of the tripplite drivers for monitoring the UPS so the device manager says so i think i 2000 Software for server UPS would be able to without having windows lose the monitoring connection I was UPS Software for 2000 server originally going to use the built in power management feature but ive had bad luck with the stock windows power managment feature and would rather use a rd party software So any ideas on weather or not i could use software from a different manufacture for my tripplite UPS Any and all help suggestions personal experinaces is greatly appreciated Thanks for reading and HAPPY NEW YEAR nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: UPS Software for 2000 server

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 65.79%

Will someone please explain to me briefly what the difference is between all of these? Why would one want one over the other?

I guess that Windows 2000 is sort of like NT Workstation. If not, please tell me.

And what is the difference between Windows 2000 Server and 2000 Advanced Server?

A:{Advice Offered} - Windows 2000 Professional, 2000 Server, 2000 Anvanced Server--the difference?

Greetings

Win2K Professional is, indeed, just NT Workstation 5.0

The real difference between Win2K Server and Win2K Advanced Server is scalability. To quote a CNET article: "Three versions of the operating system will be available next week (it's an old article): Windows 2000 Professional, aimed at PCs and workstations; Windows 2000 Server, for file-and-print servers; and Windows 2000 Advanced Server, supporting clustering, which is a way of making several systems act as a single, more powerful computer.

To quote the FAQ from www.winmag.com:
Windows 2000 Professional is the workstation edition of Windows 2000. This is basically Windows NT Workstation 5.0, although Win2K Professional of course includes all of the new technologies for Win2K.

Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server is the server edition of Windows 2000, which is designed to serve small- to mid-sized businesses and workgroups. Server supports up to 4GB of physical RAM and up to 4 processors per computer. Advanced Server supports up to 8GB of RAM and 8 processors per computer.

Windows 2000 Datacenter Server is designed for large businesses and computer clusters. Datacenter supports up to 32 processors per computer and up to 64GB of RAM, as well as built-in clustering and load-balancing features.

Is that what you wanted?

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-windows-2000-professional-2000-server-2000-anvanced-server-the-difference.29052/
Relevancy 62.35%

hi guys,

i am having a problem with my Win2k Server.few days before i installed Norten antivirus software on that and from the time users are experiencing Network Congestion.we have also installed Network printer and ECRM software on that server,but the users are some time unable to access ECRM ,some timesw they can't print.
Now we have removed Norten and installed Macafee anti virus,but still the problme persists.We had restart that pc after some time again and it works fine for some time.

so any one could suggest me that what exactly might be the problem.

p.s We do not have any kind of problem at user level or application.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-printer-ecrm-software-macafee.407302/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Sir,
Please guide me through the process of changing Administrator Password of Windows 2000 Server (Where SQL 2000 Server is running having Mixed mode Authentication, with blank SA password). I have once changed it from logon screen (by pressing ctrl+alt+del). But after that my SQL server stopped running (I had blank password for SQL). I couldnot fix the error.

Please tell me both the process, to be followed, while changing Windows 2000 Server password, when the SA password of SQL is (1) Blank (2) is not Blank. Please tell me is there any step to be taken in SQL 2000 Server, after changing the password of the Windows 2000 Server Administrastor?

With alot of good wishes and thanks in advance,

Barun Kumar Tiwari
INDIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-windows-2000-runing-sql-2000-server-administrator-password.216532/
Relevancy 52.03%

Cust. has an existing Win 2000 advanced Svr. There are about 25 PCs w/ 2000 & XP. Currently they do not log on to the Svr, but boss would now like them to. Tried, and they could not get onto existing domain. I kept getting a DNS lookup error? To add I could ping the Svr and see the shared drive on the network but it had a red x on it?

A:2000 pro PC cannot logon to 2000 advanced server domain.

Does the server has a static IP address? try setting the server's IP address as the clints DNS server (you just input the IP address of the server in the clients DNS server address in the network properties).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-pro-pc-cannot-logon-to-2000-advanced-server-domain.286340/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All,

I want to dual boot XP Pro , 2000 Server and 2003 Server and wanted to check the best order to instal these OS's?

Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-booting-xp-pro-2000-server-and-2003-server-instal-order.637431/
Relevancy 52.03%

Currently we are on an NT network with a few 2000 servers tossed in. Today I learned that the plan is to migrate everything to Linux. Lets assume that this only applies to the servers and that the users will still operate with 98/nt/2000/xp. What are your thoughts on this?

I put this in this forum for a reason. Because I'd rather get the advice from 2000 and 2003 experts who know what Linux cannot replace than to hear the Linux fanboys and anti-Microsoft activists praise it to the high heavens.

What would your concerns be if this was done on your network? What problems have you encountered if you'd tried this? Or what successes? Know of any businesses that have done this successfully?

Relevancy 52.03%

I have 2 servers; windows 2000 & windows 2008, I can always access them via XP but my system 7 home can't authenticate. It appears to add the domain name as a preamble my user name in the authentication....does this make sense?

thank
-Jeff

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-logon-to-server-2000-or-server-2008-from-windows-7-home-469638.html
Relevancy 52.03%

IP Network: Dhcp server works fine. (CISCO ROUTER)

Windows 200o servers, Windows 2000 clients (up to dated, sp4, rollup1 etc) IS6sp1

Some pc's with IP dhcp , works ok
Some pc's with fixed IP, works ok

After changing fixed IP on a client to dhcp-IP, the client can not find the DHCP server.
change back to fixed IP, PC works fine again.

DHP server and other DHCP clients still working fine

Local Area connection status: only outgoing packets, no incoming.

reboot, or ipconfig /renew no solutions

Does someone know this problem ?
Pieter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-dhcp-server-found-after-using-fixed-ip-windows-2000-dhpc-server-works-fine.538322/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Access database residing on one sever and an installation of SQL Server residing Server 2008 gives SQL error Access 2000 Linked from to Server db on another Both servers are running Windows Server I created a linked server using the code below When I run EXEC sp tables ex PropCont I get the following quot OLE DB error trace OLE DB Provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB IDBInitialize Initialize returned x The provider did not give Linked Server from SQL Server 2008 to Access 2000 db gives error any information about the error Msg Level State Procedure sp tables ex Line OLE DB provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB reported an error The provider did not give any information about the error quot I tried changing the code to specify my account information which has Administrative privileges on the domain and I get quot OLE DB error trace OLE DB Provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB IDBInitialize Initialize returned x e d Authentication failed Msg Level State Procedure sp tables ex Line OLE DB provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB reported an error Authentication failed quot Originally I was getting an error that said quot The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user quot I found an article on line that suggested I do the following quot Open SSMS Expand Server Objects Linked Servers Providers Double click the provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB UNTICK the quot Allow inprocess quot option quot I did this and I stopped getting that error but started getting the error I listed above however when I went back and checked the quot Allow inprocess quot option was still checked I can t get it to remain unchecked I can t find anything regarding how to specify the MDW file which is located in the same folder as the database file Another article suggested making sure it is checked and also checking quot Nested Queries quot This had no effect I believe the linked server has been created correctly as I can see it and it s properties in SSMS and it shows up in the list of linked servers when I run EXEC sp helplinkedsrvlogin The Access database has been in use for years Users access it through the Access runtime Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated EXEC sp addlinkedserver server PropCont provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB srvproduct Access datasrc lt Server Name gt SharedDatabasesPropCont mdb GO EXEC sp addlinkedsrvlogin rmtsrvname PropCont useself false rmtuser Admin rmtpassword GO nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

The procedure is as follows:
---------------------------------
Right-click databases -> Restore Database
I mark 'from device', click the '...' button & select 'File' in the dropdown, then brows to the file itself. Under 'select the backup sets to restore' I check the only checkbox there, then in the 'To Database' I select the name of the database in the file (a new DB name appears there as you select the file).

Then I press OK and receive the error message in the attached file.
I need to be able to complete the import.

Thanks,
Daniel.

A:Problem importing SQL Server 2000 *.bak files into SQL server 2005

Is this at all possible?
Is this the right forum?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-importing-sql-server-2000-bak-files-into-sql-server-2005.500182/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hiya The SQL Server Critical Update Wizard will update editions of Microsoft SQL Server and MSDE that are vulnerable to the Slammer worm All versions of the SQL Server Evaluation Edition can also be updated with the SQL Critical Wizard for Critical Feb Update SQL Server 20 Server 2000: SQL Update Wizard However Evaluation Edition can not be updated using SP MSDE ships with several Microsoft products including Office XP SQL Server Critical Update Wizard for SQL Server 2000: Feb 20 For a complete list of products that SQL Server Critical Update Wizard for SQL Server 2000: Feb 20 ship MSDE view the web page at Microsoft Products that include MSDE The SQL Critical Update Wizard was developed specifically for the home and small business user though enterprise customers may also download and deploy the wizard to their internal customers The SQL Critical Update Wizard will walk you through the steps of detecting a vulnerability to Slammer and updating the affected files SQL Critical Update Wizard runs on Windows Windows ME Windows NT Windows and Windows XP Please see Knowledge Base Article for further information about this wizard If you want to install SQL Critical Update on a cluster use the SQL Critical Update tool instead of the wizard For more information about updating clusters with SQL Critical Update or if you need more flexibility in detecting and removing security vulnerabilities visit SQL Server Security Tools System Requirements Supported Operating Systems Windows Windows Windows ME Windows NT Windows XP Windows Installer is required to run the SQL Critical Update Wizard on Windows Windows ME and Windows NT For Windows NT see Windows Installer Redistributable for Windows NT and For Windows and ME see Windows Installer Redistributable for Windows X http www microsoft com downloads db- b- f- e - fd aeee f amp DisplayLang en Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-critical-update-wizard-for-sql-server-2000-feb-20.119962/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have two domain controllers with different domain names but on the same subnet and with active directory installed. One domain controller is win 2000 and the other is win 2003. The computers are in a workgroup the users don't log on but are connected to the win 2000 box with shares to a program. If I take active directory off the win 2000 box and demote will that affect the computers that are In a workgroup connected to the shares? I want to install all the programs and shares on the new win 2003 box but one computer win not let me log on to the win 2003 box it says no domain available. What can I do to slowly migrate the programs and shares to the new server?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/demoting-a-win-2000-server-with-a-win-2003-server-on-the-same-subnet.136644/
Relevancy 51.17%

What are the steps involved in sharing Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2003 Server resources over a network?

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a client who has an existing Server 2000 domain. He is running two Windows 2000 servers in his domain. What he's looking to do is to replace the master domain controller,(the server which was first brought up and hence contains the master copy of the domain database).

I believe that since this is going to be a completely new server and running Server 2003 standard edtiion I believe, that I'll need to first take everyone out of the domain, demote the second domain controller to a stand-alone and then demote the master domain controller which effectively dissolves the domain. Then after bringing the brand new server up, recreate the domain and then the secondary domain controller and join everyone back into domain (new SID but same domain name).

Does this sound correct-could anyone confirm whether this is correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

fast586

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000-server-2003-domains.554141/
Relevancy 50.31%

is there a way i can get a list with all the users login time, log off time, and all the info?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, Is there any program like PCAnywhere that I could use on my network to veiw other terminal screen "Real Time" without haveing to dial into them? I would like to do this over my network, not over the phone line. Thanx a lot for all your help.

Kermit

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi. I have Win 2000 Server. If a printer supports Win 2000 Professional, should it normally work on a Win 2000 Server, too?

Thanks,
Randy

A:Win 2000 Prof vs Win 2000 Server

I would think so - but you can check the manufactuers wwebsite to see for sure

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-prof-vs-win-2000-server.403125/
Relevancy 49.45%

We have a peer to peer network using Win 2000 Pro (as a file server) and Win 95/98 machines. We've reached the 10 connection limit on 2000 Pro so we are upgrading to 2000 server 15 client on that machine.
We plan to install over the top od 2000 Pro.
Any problems/factors to consider?
Thanks,

David

Relevancy 48.59%

At home a friend has a server w/Server 2000 and an xp pro sp2 computer that work fine together. She has a laptop w/XP Home sp2 that wont connect.

Is it a limitation of XP Home to not work with Microsoft Server 2000 ?

What effect and/or use is VNC Server software. Its on the server, does the laptop need THAT to get connected to the server? (If thats the case, could anyone point me to a crash course web site on it ?..)

Thank you all very much in advance...

dave

A:VNC Server ? // XP Home w/Server 2000 ?

Yep, XP-Home will not connect to a domain server. You can connect directly to shared folders/drives in that server, you just can't do a domain login.

VNC is a remote control package, it has nothing to do with standard Microsoft networking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vnc-server-xp-home-w-server-2000.580948/
Relevancy 48.59%

I was running FTP Serv-U on Windows without a problem server Ftp server on 2000 advanced I upgraded to advanced server and now have issues I am not familiar with all the options on b c I m still learning The problem I Ftp server on 2000 advanced server m Ftp server on 2000 advanced server having is that the server is running but its not allowing any access When using ftp to the shared folder I m just getting a blank white screen havent even been prompted to login When I start ftp serv-u I originally get an error unable to connect to server port Then I get another critical error sound and server starts running I am behind a router which has a built in firewall but that has been configured to allow connections through on port My server configurations are the exact same as I had before on the only change was the operating system Questions Is there a ftp server option installed with windows that I can use so I dont have to use ftp serv-u I d much rather just run a server that is pre-installed with the OS If no pre-installed ftp server is available is there something extra that needs to be configured in the windows settings something that may need to be turned on or off to get server working nbsp

A:Ftp server on 2000 advanced server

IIS - Internet Information Services comes with all version of Windows 2000.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-server-on-2000-advanced-server.130300/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi, on my other computer i am trying to reformat the drive and install windows server 2003 however when i type in format c: i am told the volume is in use and i am unable to lock it, so i really dont know what to do? any help would be great ta

A:2000 Server -> 2003 Server

For stubborn drives I use delpart.exe . Just copy the .exe to a boot disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-server-2003-server.377511/
Relevancy 48.59%

can anybody tell me about the differences/similarities between these two OS features and a way its work.

A:win server 2000 vs server 2003

Look on MS's site. All the info you need is there.EEOC

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/win-server-2000-vs-server-2003/65683.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm sorry to bother you guys but I'd really appreciate some additional info on the following. What is the difference between Windows NT 4.0, Server 2000 and Server 2003?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt4-server-2000-server-2003.292301/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I have a problem to access file server on Windows Server 2000 from a Windows 7 PC. For your information, due to some reasons, both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2000 are in different domain.

I have tried all suggested solutions which are :
i. to unchecked both attributes in 'Network Security : Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC)' for both clients and server.
ii. to apply 'Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated' in 'Network Security : LAN Manager authentication level'
iii. to make sure the time setting for both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2000 are the same.

But still, i couldn't access the file server. In fact, each time I entered domain\username to authenticate, it will give out this message :

Since I am kinda new to this troubleshooting things, it would be great if someone can tell me why does this happening. Is it because of the different domain?

thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 unable to Access file server on Windows Server 2000

To connect to the server you would need to enter the credentials of the domain user on the server that would have access. For example if the domain was 'home' with a user 'Josh' then I would put:

home\Josh

As the username. If you want to get advanced you could try and form a trust with the other domain in active directory so that the other domain has permission to access the server

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307482-windows-7-unable-access-file-server-windows-server-2000-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

There are some XP/Server) (Server for Software Browser Web cool free ware programs that you can setup to run as a server Note I ve tested them all under Firefox Browser as they will work with IE for the past - months now Web Server KF Sever this is found on the KeyFocus web site has one of the easiest to install and configure plus you can access all your documents media pictures audio from this server also Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) Mail Server DeskNow easy to installed and configure the best part you can try out the full pro for days then after that it converts to a free ware version Still not a bad Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) program for free Music Server Vibe Streamer is another good example if you want to stream all you audio files to any PC using the web browser Again this is free ware and works very well easy to setup and use Note All the programs here will work with XP Workstation Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) and does work on Server also KeyFocus one you can also play videos too using VLC media player optional that one is also free as well nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-browser-server-software-for-xp-server.103366/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, Can any1 help me i have did upgrade Windows 2000 Ent. Server (SP4) to Windows 2003 Ent. Server, but after rebooting the machine all of sudden BLUE screen appears with mentioning below error though OS working in safe mode. Please help me out to resolve the issue ASAP.
Driver_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Then at the end it says
Beginning dump of physical memory

HYDIS.sys address 7505AF5 base at F74E9000
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xf3bbf000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF7505AF5)

Physical memory dumb.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group
BR,

Sharjeel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-upgrade-windows-2000-ent-server-to-windows-2003-ent-server.625977/
Relevancy 45.58%

We are running a 2000 pro machine as a file server and not having any problems until now that we want more than 10 people to access it. I have purchased the Server 2000 software and am planning to install it this weekend. I will need to keep all the information that I currently have. Is there anything I should be careful of? Can anyone give me any clues to watch for? or do I just cross my fingers, hold my breath and press "enter"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-pro-going-to-2000-server.124856/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just got a laptop with server installed on it and I would like to learn about it I need some help with what I thought would be a simple setup I want to set up users for this laptop myself and my daughter I have it set with myself as the admin and her as a user I want to be able to limit the amount of damage she does to the poor thing My main question is how to set up certain programs to work and not work for help 2000 Win server her I have one program music match that works in admin but not on user even though it seems to say it will work for users From what I have seen Win 2000 server help from this operating system its not real easy to set it up I have a book from the library but its a que and not good for me Any advise on a good book would be great I know it would be easier to use xp or win pro but thats not nearly challenging enough for me Thankyou nbsp

A:Win 2000 server help

Wow Im surprised I figured this out before the master minds of this great site did. I have to say that doesnt happen often. My problem was that Music match isn't a windows certified program. So under a user account is 2000 server it doesnt work without some major tweeking. So I just installed win media and it worked great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-server-help.442570/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a server running server advanced Maybe someone can tell me if anything is going on Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT HJ server log 2000 system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Agent agent exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files APC PowerChute Business Edition agent pbeagent exe C Program Files APC PowerChute Business Edition server pbeserver exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage dataeng bin server 2000 HJ log dcevt exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage dataeng bin dcstor exe C Program Files SAV DefWatch exe C WINNT system Dfssvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Huey HueyServ exe C WINNT system CBA pds exe C WINNT System llssrv exe C WINNT system ntfrs exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage oma bin omsad exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT System locator exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage iws bin win omaws exe C WINNT System snmp exe C Program Files SAV Rtvscan exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System dns exe C WINNT System inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT system ams ii hndlrsvc exe C WINNT system MsgSys EXE C WINNT system ams ii iao exe C WINNT system cba xfr exe C WINNT System ismserv exe C WINNT System msdtc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system Atiptaxx exe C Program Files Huey HueyController exe C PROGRA SAV VPTray exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageEnterprise TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C WINNT explorer exe C Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents HijackThis exe O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run AtiPTA Atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run AuCaption DSA OMSA Reminder O - HKLM Run AuFlag O - HKLM Run HueyToolbar C Program Files Huey HueyController exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SAV VPTray exe O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageEnterprise TrueImageMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run tgcmd quot C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe quot server startmonitor deaf O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain gcgr com O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DFD F- D - C - -F CF FF A NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain gcgr com O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip DFD F- D - C - -F CF FF A NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain gcgr com O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip DFD F- D - C - -F CF FF A NameServer O - Winlogon Notify NavLogon - C WINNT system NavLogon dll O - Service Acronis Remote Agent AcronisAgent - Acronis - C Program Files Common Files Acronis Agent agent exe O - Service Acronis Scheduler Service AcrSch Svc - Acronis - C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe O - Service APC PBE Agent APCPBEAgent - APC - C Program Files APC PowerChute Business Edition agent pbeagent exe O - Service APC PBE Server APCPBEServer - APC - C Program Files APC PowerChute Business Edition server pbeserver exe O - Service Systems Management Event Manager dcevt - Dell Inc - C Program Files Dell OpenManage dataeng bin dcevt exe O - Service Systems Management Data Manager dcstor - Dell Inc - C Program Files Dell OpenManage dataeng bin dcstor exe O - Service Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files SAV DefWatch exe O - Service Logical ... Read more

A:server 2000 HJ log

hi, welcome to TSG.
your a golf course company?
I don't see anything in your log! Run these tools and see if they find anything, they'll clean off any junk there too!
go to this site and download these tools and once you get both
adaware Se 1.6 and spybot, update both of them.

Set adaware to do a full system scan and deselect, "search for neglible risk
entries". Click next to start the scan. Delete everything adaware finds.

reboot and now run spybot

Spybot: Search and destroy.

Delete what spybot finds marked in red. After updating spybot hit the
immunize button.

reboot again
With CWshredder close all browsers and programmes and select the FIX button.

Go here and download Microsoft Antispyware Beta. First in the top menu click
File then Check for updates to download the definitons updates.

After updating look in the right side of the main window under "Run Quick
Scan Now" and click Spyware scan options. In that window put a tick by Run a
full system scan and then put a check by all three options below that then
click Run Scan now.

When the scan is finished, let it fix anything that it finds (have it
quarantine the items that have that option rather than delete just in case.
It is a beta program and there may be false positives)

Restart your computer.
All tools can be downloaded at the link below and found on that page!
. Microsoft® Windows AntiSpyware
. Trend micro CWShredder
. SpyBot search and destroy
. AdAware SE

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
After doing that run these tools!
* Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite here
http://www.ewido.net/en/

* Install ewido.
* During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
* Launch ewido
* It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen
* On the left side of the main screen click update
* Click on Start and let it update.
* DO NOT run a scan yet. You will do that later in safe mode.
*Download Cleanup from Here

http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/download.html

* A window will open and choose SAVE, then DESKTOP as the destination.
* On your Desktop, click on Cleanup40.exe icon.
* Then, click RUN and place a checkmark beside "I Agree"
* Then click NEXT followed by START and OK.
* A window will appear with many choices, keep all the defaults as set when the Slide Bar to the left is set to Standard Quality.
* Click OK
* DO NOT RUN IT YET

* Click here for info on how to boot to safe mode if you don't already know
how.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001052409420406?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

* Now copy these instructions to notepad and save them to your desktop. You
will need them to refer to in safe mode.
* Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in
safe mode:

have hijack this fix these entries. close all browsers and programmes before
clicking FIX.
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm

* Run Ewido:

* Click on scanner
* Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
* During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
* When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
* Save the report to your desktop
* Run Cleanup:

* Click on the "Cleanup" button and let it run.
* Once its done, close the program.

Run ActiveScan online virus scan here

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

When the scan is finished, anything that it cannot clean have it delete it.
Make a note of the file location of anything that cannot be deleted so you
can delete it yourself.
- Save the results from the scan!

post another... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000-hj-log.403050/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just created an FTP site using IIS 5.0 in Windows 2000 Server. I have a small network of two machines that are connected through a Linksys Cable/DSL Router. I have made sure that port 21 on the router is open so FTP will work. I can access the site just fine on the Internet. However, whenever I try to download a file, my browser shows "PAGE NOT DISPLAYED." This is not the first time I've set up an FTP site. Does anybody out there know a possible cause and solution for this problem.

swb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iis-5-0-2000-server.57535/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am looking for a way to find the space hogggggggs on my system with out having to look at the properties of each home folder of 1100 users.
Thanks in advance

Randy

A:2000 server

Space hogs as in what? Files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-server.369895/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a server that is hosting a family forum. It is a little free forum from webbiz I think.
when I cut the files out of the web folder and put in an web page built with front page I cant get to it from the web
any sugestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000.356969/
Relevancy 45.15%

Just wondering if I install SP 3 on one DC do I need it on all DC's?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-server-sp-3.104611/
Relevancy 45.15%

i have dual boot. when i try to boot in win 2000 server it freezes. i boot in safe mode network and it runs.
how do i fix it?

Relevancy 45.15%

I turned my computer on today and an icon showed up in the taskbar saying SQL Server 2000 is ready to sync. What is this? Should i let it syn or disable it? Where did it come from?

Thanks,
Mancow

A:Sql Server 2000?

Are you fully updated with MS's security patches? Has your antivirus detected anything?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-2000.642882/
Relevancy 45.15%

Shows the user disabled for permissions where? Server B sounds like it is not a member of the Active Directory computers.

A:2000 Server

When you setup a folder and have to set the permissions for only certian users to have access.

This is in both Sharing and Security

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-server.446728/
Relevancy 45.15%

Do I only need to install service pack 4 only or 1,2,3 and 4, please?

A:Win 2000 server

Just install SP4. It's not like it was with NT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-server.540359/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a program that uses SQL server 2000 for the database in drive C: I would like to move everything to drive D: without loses of data. Any suggestions.. Thank You

A:SQL server 2000

Back up your database to a file on your D drive.
Create the folder d:\mssql\data and d:\mssql\logs.
Right click on the databases node under your server node in enterprise manager and choose all tasks - restore database - from device - locate your backup file.
Click OK to go all the way back to the initial restore database wizard screen.
At the top 'Restore database as' - enter a new name for your database.
Switch to the options tab, you can see the physical filepaths you are going to create for your data and log file(s) - overtype here with d:\mssql\data\filename.mdf for your data file and d:\mssql\logs\filename.ldf for your log file(s).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-2000.164897/
Relevancy 45.15%

i want to thanks everyone for the help the first time around but not i need more help..... this is a 2 part question...just a refresher for everyone .. i have finially gotten my site running and all is well now i need to set up a ftp so i can give access to the folder so it can be modded by anyone who i give permition to...second question is how can i limit the amount of disk space that the site can have thanks

kwick

A:server 2000 ftp

does anyone know thanks i need this really bad

kwick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000-ftp.219458/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just installed server 2000 on my machine. I was wondering if someone could tell where I could get instructions on how to use the software. I would like to setup a server so that my brother-in-law can access my server from maryland obviously through the internet.

I need instructions how to set up the software etc. Can anyone help me out?

Relevancy 45.15%

is there an easy way to turn on and off the domain controller component of windows 2000 without changing any other part of the server?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Folks

I'm looking for an Anti virus for W2K Server.

It's for a charity so nothing expensive!

Anything I've tried outside of Norton /trend is either not server compliant or way expensive...

We qualify for free support, but none of the free stuff works with server it seems!!!

Relevancy 45.15%

Does anyone out there have experience on ACT? I'm the new tech guy for this little mortgage company, and everyone seems shocked that I don't know this software backwards abd forwards.

Anyway, what they want to do is set up ACT on the server. The goal is to be able to open in up in any workstation and see the same data. I know this can be done because the manual mentions it as a configuration option. I just need particulars...
Does the ACT program have to be installed on the server itself, or does the server simply contain the database file(s)?

Does everyone have to be running the same version of ACT?

How does ACT handle simultaneous data requests (having the database file open on two systems at once)?

Any input on this would be great....
Mike

A:using ACT 2000 on a server

ACT itself does not need to be installed on the server. Put the database file on a shared directory on the server and point the application installed on the workstations to that database. If you look in the program options there is a setting for where the database is located. It is a .dbf file if I am not mistaken. You will also need to set up accounts for users so some lame brain doesn't steal the client list or inadvertently delete everything.

Everyone should be using the same version of ACT otherwise custom forms and reports might not work properly.

The database itself has no problem with multiple users although there might be problems with multiple users accessing the same record at once. I think it has a waring to tell users another user is editing a record.

Ask those people if they are familiar with the application and act surprised when they don't have a clue as to what they are doing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-act-2000-on-a-server.109915/
Relevancy 45.15%

i am not sure if anyone can help me but hear it is in a nut shell i have server advanced on a amd and gig ram with gig hd i have the domain docked at dnspark and have it set up as dymanic and have a program called dynsite for windows that updated the ip for the domain name and that 2000 server program is fully updated so it does see the changes in the ip this is what i have done so far i have loaded the site i want server 2000 to host server 2000 to C inetpub wwwroot now i was told once that was done i should be able to see the site online but i can not and after weeks for trying everything i can think of i am at a loss now there is one more thing i have this server behind a router and have opened ports and as the manufactor said these are needed to be open to host websites and still no go so as it goes i need help real bad thanks in advance to anyone who can help i have this behind a router and have set the fowarding what i did was opened the admin for router then went to advanced then fowarding in there under ext port i made it to and have checked Protocol TCP and Protocol UDP and in IP Address Enable i placed the ip for the server now i have tryed to log onto the site from the server and all i get is redirected to a search engine now i have not set up anything else and really dont know how to but really want to learn thanks kwick nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Down 2000 server Windows Compaq Windows 2000 server Down Proliant ML running Windows server It allows me to login but then gives me a blank desktop When I use Task manager in an attempt to browse to my system drive I am unable to run explorer exe The infection has diabled system related executables on the server I can not access the internet to run Windows 2000 server Down an online scan either So far I have tried the following Cant get to a command prompt control panel or any administrative function on the computerRemoved the infected drives amp Windows 2000 server Down installed another in order to install fresh copy of Windows After the new Windows install I then applied sp and Microsoft critical updates I installed a trial version of Kaspersky Enterprise AV Software on the serverI have unplugged the server from the networkEverything seemed to run fine after installing the new copy of Win until I added the infected drives which I did scan with the Kaspersky software however soon after the scan I started seeing signs of infection on my new drive My NIC does not appear to be working and now Kaspersky Administration shows that I have an IP address of The infection appears to have originated from a TAX program update At this point I can login to the server with the new drive I created and I can see the other drives I am afraid I will lose my ability to perform administrative tasks over time just like the original system drive did Just a note almost all of the client computers on this network have been infected as well I need help disabling this virus and getting my server back up and running

A:Windows 2000 server Down

I am moving this from the HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum as no logs have been posted. ~ OB

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/202913/windows-2000-server-down/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have enabled ftp server on my windows 2000 server/ISA Server.Our internet connection is ADSL with US robotics router running. I configured the ISA Server to allow the ftp requests. I tested the connection using web browser as well as cute ftp and I have no problem in connecting by entering static IP Address from web browser and cute ftp.

The objective for ftp server is to share files with our clients. Now the problem is i can connect by entering my static ip address but not the internal domain name of my windows 2000 server which is tecnoserve.dxb. I dont want to give my clients our Static ip address to connect our ftp server.

All i want is, that my client should open web browser and enter ftp://ftp.tecnoserve.dxb and login to the ftp server.

How to forward the incoming ftp requests to my windows 2000 server ip address which is 192.168.0.1 (tecnoserve.dxb)

pls help...

A:FTP on Windows 2000 Server

you need to use port forwarding for port 21 to your servers IP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-on-windows-2000-server.448066/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi, I am trying to add my win 2000 server to my home setup but I am having probs. I have a dsl modem connecting to a netgear router which I have 2 machines connected to it. ! is xp connected fine but I can't get win 2000 connected. can II please get some help. Much appreciated.

tia

A:Solved: win 2000 server

Hi Check for the Ip address on the win 2000 machine to find it out
Click,
Start -> Run -> <type> cmd -> <type> ipconfig

Check whether you have a valid ip address in the range of 192.168.x.x

and try to ping the default gateway's ip address. You should get replies.
It implies that the connection between the router and the computer is fine.

Regards
Peen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win-2000-server.491124/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello
I have been playing with win2k server and I have made the server a DNS server. I have decided that I don't want it to be. How to I undo this?
Thankyou

A:Windows 2000 server DNS

Try Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and select Windows Components Tab. You should be able to click on DNS and Remove it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-dns.84533/
Relevancy 44.72%

Dear all pls could you take a look at this log for sbs 2000 HIjacked server me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP HIjacked server 2000 sbs WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT System termsrv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc exe C Program Files VERITAS Backup Exec NT beremote exe C WINNT system Dfssvc exe C WINNT System inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT System llssrv exe C Program Files Sophos Control Center LMSessn exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL BKUPEXEC Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SOPHOS Binn sqlservr exe C PROGRA MICROS MSSQL binn sqlservr exe C Program Files OLAP Services Bin msmdsrv exe C WINNT system ntfrs exe C WINNT System nvsvc exe C Program Files POPcon POPconSrv exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT System locator exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C Program Files Sophos Control Center Sdbnsrvc exe C Program Files Sophos Control Center Library bin SchdSrvc exe C Program Files Sophos Remote Management System RouterNT exe C Program Files Sophos Control Center CertificationManagerServiceNT exe C Program Files Sophos Control Center SbeMss exe C PROGRA MICROS MSSQL binn sqlagent exe C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SWEEPSRV SYS C WINNT System lserver exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT System wins exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System dns exe C WINNT System ismserv exe C WINNT System msdtc exe C Program Files Exchsrvr bin exmgmt exe C Program Files Exchsrvr bin mad exe C Program Files Common Files System MSSearch Bin mssearch exe C Program Files Sophos Remote Management System ManagementAgentNT exe C Program Files Sophos Remote Management System ALCAgent exe C Program Files Exchsrvr bin store exe C Program Files Exchsrvr bin emsmta exe C Program Files VERITAS Backup Exec NT beserver exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT Anvshell exe C Program Files VERITAS VxUpdate VxTaskbarMgr exe C WINNT system isasse exe C WINNT system internat exe C WINNT system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C WINNT system dllhost exe C WINNT System mdm exe C Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents HijackThis exe O - Hosts www dcsresearch com O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Ptipbmf rundll exe ptipbmf dll SetWriteCacheMode O - HKLM Run Anvshell C WINNT Anvshell exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run VxTaskbarMgr C Program Files VERITAS VxUpdate VxTaskbarMgr exe O - HKLM Run MSControl d isasse exe O - HKLM Run WindowsUpdate quot C Documents and Settings Administrator svchostss exe quot O - HKLM RunServices MSControl d isasse exe O - HKCU Run internat exe internat exe O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINNT System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - Global Startup AutoUpdate Monitor lnk C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exe O - Global Startup Service Manager lnk C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain jtc bex org O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip BD - A - C- AD - D F NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain jtc bex org O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain jtc bex org O - Service Sophos AutoUpdate Service ActiveLinkClient - Unknown owner - C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc ex... Read more

A:HIjacked server 2000 sbs

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running. Ad-Aware? SE Personal Edition
*Note* For Ad-AwareSE also install the VX2 Addon Cleaner To run this tool once Adaware is updated click on Add-ons in the lefthand column. Select VX2 Cleaner V2.0 and click Run Tool. Click "OK" , then, if something is found, click "Clean" as in the directions given. Click "Close", and exit Ad-Aware.
Spybot Search & Destroy
CWShredder

Also make sure you are using the the latest version (1.99.1) of HijackThis and it's installed in it's own folder on the root drive. (C:\HJT)

Open My Computer-->Tools-->Folder Options-->View-->Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders. Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files and click YES and then OK.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Check and fix the following in HijackThis if they still exist (make sure you do not miss an entry)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ptipbmf] rundll32.exe ptipbmf.dll,SetWriteCacheMode
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WindowsUpdate] "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\svchostss.exe
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\svchostss.exe <--delete that file.

Reboot back to normal windows...

Please run an online scan at http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
Once it has finished save the activescan log. Then post that log in your next post along with a new hijackthis log and the info about the file below...

Please visit this website - http://virusscan.jotti.org/
Submit these file(s) for a comprehensive scan & then post the results back here

C:\WINNT\system32\isasse.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hijacked-server-2000-sbs-70102.html
Relevancy 44.72%

my iis 4 to host my own web page my isp is blocking port 80 have tryied port 8080, 79, 78 noe seam to be working help please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-iis-4.197413/
Relevancy 44.72%

Can someone take a look at this and let me know what they think Thanks Nicholas Also under the running processes it does Windows 2000 Log Server not show in the scan but in the taskmanager there are like copies of csrss exe running Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT System termsrv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adaptec Adaptec Storage Manager StorServ exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C Program Files VERITAS Backup Exec NT beremote exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell lmgrd exe C WINNT system Dfssvc exe C WINNT system hidserv exe C WINNT System llssrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL BKUPEXEC Binn sqlservr exe D MM BHDMS Bellhowell exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C WINNT system ntfrs exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT Windows 2000 Server Log system locator exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system lserver exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system wusvc exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbmux exe C WINNT system tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System dns exe C WINNT System ismserv exe C WINNT system msdtc exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files VERITAS VxUpdate VxTaskbarMgr exe Windows 2000 Server Log C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINNT system hphmon exe C WINNT system atiptaxx exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C WINNT system rdpclip exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell TurboCon exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell Zybis exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system rdpclip exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell TurboCon exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell Zybis exe D Program Files Bell amp Howell ZybisAccounting EXE C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system rdpclip exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell TurboCon exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell Zybis exe C WINNT system ntvdm exe C WINNT system ntvdm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop hijackthis HiJackThis exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search starband net R - HKCU Software Micro... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-2000-server-log-249514.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a win2k server with an adaptec 2410 raid controller with sata drives.

Today I get a blue screen that says inaccessible_boot_drive when I try to restart the server. I was going to haul it down to my local computer shop as I need it back up quickly.

How can I tell if it is the raid controller that failed?

thanks
-George

Relevancy 44.72%

I m in the process of installing Exchange server I m wondering if anyone out there is currently supporting exchange or has experience deploying it Q Can I have a single machine host POP amp Exchange email services Q Any recommendations for hardware RAM HD Processor -thinking of picking up a DELL PowerEdge on eBay with exisiting DELL support only CAL user traffic SCSI amp RAID mirror I assume Q How do I configure my domain to re-direct emails to my new box I m not currently hosting any web pages or email servers even Server msExchange 2000 though we have dedicated T in the office I assume this is the same process to host my own web site as it is for email Do I need to setup my own name servers Q Any suggestions for remote access Use the msExchange 2000 Server web interface vs port forwarding on my router Thanks for your thoughts recomended books or links to articles your aware of C nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msexchange-2000-server.6441/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am trying to find the hijack but it must be masking itself as a service or process Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at Hijacked server please 2000 help Win PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT System termsrv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System msdtc exe C Program Files APC PowerChute Business Edition agent pbeagent exe C WINNT System cisvc exe d program files nav defwatch exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System cba pds exe C WINNT System llssrv exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe d program files nav rtvscan exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system Dfssvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe Win 2000 server Hijacked please help D PROGRA nav vptray exe C Win 2000 server Hijacked please help WINNT System cidaemon exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system rdpclip exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System tsadmin exe C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH Desktop HijackThis exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exe F - REG system ini UserInit c WINNT SYSTEM Userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run vptray d PROGRA nav vptray exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain cogh org O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip BE -E - C - B - C EC CA NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain cogh org O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip BE -E - C - B - C EC CA NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain cogh org O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip BE -E - C - B - C EC CA NameServer O - Winlogon Notify NavLogon - C WINNT System NavLogon dll O - Service APC PBE Agent APCPBEAgent - APC - C Program Files APC PowerChute Business Edition agent pbeagent exe O - Service Application Management AppMgmt - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS system services exe file missing O - Service pcAnywhere Host Service awhost - Symantec Corporation - d Program Files Symantec pcAnywhere awhost exe O - Service Background Intelligent Transfer Service BITS - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS system svchost exe file missing O - Service Computer Browser Browser - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS System services exe file missing O - Service ClipBook ClipSrv - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS system clipsrv exe file missing O - Service DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - d program files nav defwatch exe O - Service Distributed File System Dfs - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS system Dfssvc exe file missing O - Service DHCP Client Dhcp - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS System services exe file missing O - Service DHCP Server DHCPServer - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe file missing O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS System dmadmin exe file missing O - Service Logical Disk Manager dmserver - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS System services exe file missing O - Service DNS Client Dnscache - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS System services exe file missing O - Service Event Log Eventlog - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS system services exe file missing O - Service Fax Service Fax - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator COGH WINDOWS system faxsvc exe file missing O - Service Internet ... Read more

A:Win 2000 server Hijacked please help

Hi Luca. Before we begin, I need to ask you a question about how your system is set up.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.COGH\WINDOWS\System32\

Have you intentionally placed the WINDOWS directory in the above directory? I'm a little confused as to what is actually going on, since you have W2k. Either you have made this directory in some way or Malware has created the folder inorder to infect your system... let me know.

Download Ewido Security Suite - Install & Update it's database but do not run it yet.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode.

** Please disable all other antivirus programs before proceeding.**

Run Ewido:Click Scanner
Click Complete System Scan to begin scanning.
Click OK when prompted to clean files
With the first file it prompts to clean, select the option - "Perform action on all infections" - & choose clean and click OK
Once finished, click the Save report button
Save the report to your desktop
Close Ewido
* Ewido scan would require at least an hour. I suggest that you go grab a cup of coffee & do something else while you wait for it to complete.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/win-2000-server-hijacked-please-help-63737.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All
Heres my problem just recently i have been getting a popup error message.

1. hidden32.exe
2. cmd.exe
3. secure.exe
these all come up, For example you close one window and the next error pops up and never goes away. The hidden32.exe is the one that pops up the most.
The error reads

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142) Click on OK to terminate the application.

Anyone know how i can get rid of this or fix it

My computer seems to be working fine

Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

using a Dell Poweredge 1600SC - I had some bad virus action on my cpu and choose "delete all" while using "Avast" (hindsight is 20/20) should have chosen to "repair" the infected files but..........etc etc....,
now I get to the Splash (boot -up) screen and then windows shuts off / computer reboots and that is all .
Tried to reinstall Win 2K Server but I get an error message that it cant find any hard disk drive. installed on my computer! they are all spinning up when the system starts so I am lost.
heeeeeeeeeelp!
;
S

A:Windows Server 2000

Welcome to TSG....

When a Dell can not display a hard drive in BIOS then there is a chance that the hard drive might have taken a good dump and not be working especially when trying to do an install procedure. I would make sure that BIOS has the CD-ROM drive as the first drive set so the cd boots. Did this OS come on this computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2000.580122/
Relevancy 44.72%

computers will ping and reply but not seeing each other. see my full post in networking forum. thanks

A:win 2000 adv server host to win me

Dont double post.

http://forums.techguy.org/t167526/s.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-adv-server-host-to-win-me.167529/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am handling a few servers and workstation all interconnected together through routers All the workstations and servers can map a drive to one another Recently I have noticed that one such server of mine running windows server with Service pack has encounter a major problem The problem is that from this particular server I cant map a drive to another server or workstation at all Worse is that other servers and workstation also cannot map a drive to that particular problem server As i bug? 2000 server Windows constantly require my workstations to Windows 2000 server bug? refer to the problem server for files this has cause problems for work I went to check the event viewer of that server and noticed that there is this error noted I called up Microsoft Support to ask them about this LsaSrv Event Windows 2000 server bug? problem They provided me with this hot fix KB but it doesnt fix anything The operator told me that this is post service pack bug and hot Windows 2000 server bug? fix should fix it But it didnt fix anything I checked out some forums and some people are having the same problem and their questions are never answered too If I contact Microsoft about this problem again I am going to be charged for a Higher level support I hope the gurus here will be able to help solve this network problem of mine So far it has spread to another more servers I scan for virus and it turned up Negative Thanks for listening PS in case u guys cannot see the pic attached the error reads The security package Negotiate generated an exception The package is now disabled The exception information is the data Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 2000 server bug?

Here's a few links that may help. Each has something different to offer. Maybe one will take care of it for you.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;328948

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841037

http://www.jsifaq.com/subP/tip7600/rh7659.htm

http://www.jmc.it/articles/news.asp?id=1118055611

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-bug.376896/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm a newbie in Microsoft products. I would like your opinion which OS variant is better.. NT4 or Windows 2000 Server... My current application uses NT4 but since Windows 2000 Server is built with NT4 Technology I tried changing to Windows 2000 Server.

Some of our servers are PII and P3. Which will be better NT4 or Windows 2000 Server. I'm also planning to upgrade the memory since the current configuration for the PII and P3's are only 256MB SDRAM. Will it improve the performance if I give it more memory by boosting it from 256MB to 512MB?

Relevancy 44.72%

We are running Windows Server 2000 SP 3 and IIS 5.0. We are having some problems with Exchange 2003 and it might be caused by not running IIS 6.0. Is there a way to update the IIS without upgrading the OS? If so, how do you do this?

Relevancy 44.72%

Well our server got hit by several virus worms whatever - the good news is those are finally gone the bad news is now I can t seem to access anything I 2000 mess server Big with am sure this is something we did internally as I was out yesterday and started playing because they couldn t get the printer to print from anywhere except the server And I can t find my IT guy My guess is that our server has been a DNS and now somehow is a Domain controller - but that is only a wild guess because I am Big mess with server 2000 seeing screens I don t remember ever seeing but then I rarely get brave enough to venture into the server We did Big mess with server 2000 some security upgrades Upon restart the machine says it doesn t load some services because it couldn t find the files From the event viewer this appears to be the quot Distributed nT LM Security Manager quot I do have two other event log errors that I have no idea what Big mess with server 2000 the mean quot This Machine is a PDC of the domain at the root of the forest Configure to sync form External time source using the net command quot net time setntp lt server name gt quot I also get a slew of warnings which say quot unable to contact a DHCP server The automatic private IP address will be assigned to dail in clients Clients may be unable to access resources on the network I can dail in through net meeting and access the server I cannot access any of the shared folders It comes back that access is denied I can open folders through My computer that are not designated shared folders When I click on properties of this shared folder is says zero bytes - I am hoping that is because I have no access - not that everything is gone When I try to log on through one of the workstations it shows G under properties but tells me access is denied Under administrative tools - it seems I use to manage this through Local Users and Groups - now there is a big red X on that and a message says that the computer PDC is a domain controller This snap-in cannot be used on a domain controller Domain accounts are managed with the active Directory User and Computers snap-in I look there and I must confess I am at a loss Under the Active Directory computers all the workstations or listed but none of them have access They all get a quot access denied quot or that quot C is not set up for transactions quot depending upon how you try to get in Any help out there nbsp

A:Big mess with server 2000

Okay after doing some research I think that something may have happened due to my security updates. Microsoft had something on their site regarding this and suggested the following:

Open, and then right-click the shared resource's parent folder that is located directly in the root of the drive, and then click Properties. For example, if you have the following folder structure: C:\Multimedia\Music\Baroque, where the Baroque folder is the shared resource, click the Multimedia folder.
3. Click the Security tab, and then click Advanced.
4. Click to select the Reset permissions on all Child objects and enable propagation of inheritable permissions check box.
5. Under Permission Entries, click the user or the group which experiences the issue that is listed in the Symptoms section of this article, and then click View/Edit.

It looked like the computers were there and had permission, so I guess it was doing number four - resetting the permissions. It appears I can access everything - at least through two computers. Will have to see if the printer works tomorrow when I go in - apparently my secretary turned it off so I can' check that through Net Meeting. Have I opened some can of worms by doing this that I need to close? Right now I am just glad to be operational.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/big-mess-with-server-2000.391546/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 Server machine and would like to find some resources on how to setup mail accounts, could someone steer me in the right direction? I have Outlook 2000 setup on my LAN and have no problems setting up users using Outlook, But when it comes to Exchange I have very little knowledge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-5-5-2000-server.159671/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I Am Just A Bigner So Plz Excuse My Ignorence
Could U Plz Tell Me How To Connect Ibm System X 2000 Based Server And Xp Nodes Through 2000 Domain So When I Give Password In The Nodes And Enter It Gets Connected To The Servers Domain

A:need help with windows 2000 server

Welcome to TSG....

Try this article:

http://cc.jlab.org/docs/services/windows/W2Kconfig.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-windows-2000-server.614102/
Relevancy 44.72%

hello, I got a problem:

there is an excisting network - based on server 2000, sitting inside a workgroup, we'll call it a.
this a workgroup itself is located in a workgroup, B

when i come to add the new pc, win xp, to the network, i can only add it to the outer workgroup, b, and no matter what i tried cannot acess the a workgroup - it says access is denied.

the server gives permissions only to people inside group a, where its located.

how can i add the win xp pc to group a, or how can i grant permission to a pc outside workgroup a?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-server-2000-urgent.416125/
Relevancy 44.72%

We have a windows server DC Everything was working fine It was acting as a DHCP server We got new internet service and the new router was configured as a dhcp server which i didn t know this So it started shooting out wierd IP s to the client pc s Now i turned off dhcp on the server There server 2000 Windows are about computers getting IP s from the router Everyone is having problems now connecting at different times They are Windows 2000 server all getting IP s xxx Some people will be connected to the internet others will not be able to connect then all of a sudden they will be able to connect but not print to the network printer then the internet will freeze up then they will be fine for a while The error log on the server is saying The DHCP service in not servicing any Clients because none of the active netwrok interfaces have statically configured IP addresses or there are no active interfaces DHCP is not active on the server Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I have server acting up 2000 a win server used as the domain controller on a network server 2000 acting up A few other people have access to this server and although no one will admit to it they have been surfing the net and going to who knows where Sometimes now when I go to click an icon on the desktop to start my backup program it will often select every icon on the desktop when one is clicked And if you double click an icon it opens everything on the desktop Usually a re-boot solves the problem for a while and I am pretty sure it is not the mouse or keyboard because I use a switch box connecting the same mouse amp keyboard to different computers Now you can t open internet explorer to connect to any websites and if open quot my network places quot icon on the desktop I just get a blank box that does nothing I can still ping everyone on the network or the internet from a command prompt I was wondering if I could use any of the tools are usually suggested to me in the security forum for clean spyware from workstations or is it totally different on a win k server I know just enough to be dangerous and should hire a professional server guy but have not been able to get anyone to come out as this places is way out of town Thanks for any suggestions -George nbsp

A:server 2000 acting up

Well at least start with a HiJackThis log. That will not do any harm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000-acting-up.402731/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just loaded up Windows 2000 Professional (Installed, same thing) how do I run/configure Microsoft Terminal server/

A:2000 Terminal Server

Do you mean the Terminal Services Client? You need a W2K server running Terminal services to connect to. the client is on the w2k server disk. Install that and configure to the server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-terminal-server.96726/
Relevancy 44.72%

I posted this under another topic but no answer so am trying here as it is a big worry for me I administer a LAN with Win RAID as the main server I am not IT trained and have learned some by reading books papers etc Crashing 2000 server but still have along way to go Things run fine except that every - weeks the server will either crash with no BSOD just blackness and no response to keyboard or mouse or it will BSOD and save a mini dump or it will reboot itself and sometimes save a mini dump I have no clue how to read these dumps There is never anything indicating any kind of problem in the Event log prior but after I get a message saying the previous shutdown was unexpected When the server crashes the other DC on that domain will not serve the clients although they share the AD I have other domains both WINNT and one disallows access when the main server crashes and the other domain I have no feedback on Can someone tell me how I can figure out why my server crashes and or how to handle it Is this something to worry about Should I be doing certain maintenance things for optimum performance nbsp

A:Crashing 2000 server

What are the hardware specs for the server in question??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashing-2000-server.395032/
Relevancy 44.72%

Does anyone have any info on a DST (daylight saving time) hotfix for 2000 Server that doesn't cost $4000? If anyone knows how or where the DST update for 2000 Server can be obtained, without purchasing an extended hotfix support contract, please let me know. Thanks!

A:DST update for 2000 Server?????????

I was of the impression MS extended support for another five years for the 2000 systems. 2011?
Try MS updates. It was just released this past Tuesday, Feb. 13th.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dst-update-for-2000-server.543445/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I am trying to open up a pdf file on a windows 2000 server operating system using adobe reader but it will not accept this operating system as an acceptable device.

Can someone tell me of any software package I can use to open PDF files for a windows 2000 server operating system? Your help is greatly appreciated.

A:windows 2000 server

YOu got me stumped on this one. If Acrobat Reader does not open the PDF file then I dont know what will. Did you try uninstalling Acrobat Reader and Reinstalling the latest version from Adobe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server.149081/
Relevancy 44.72%

I need to format a PC that has Win 2000 server 5.0 on it. But it will not let me do it. I have downloaded the 4 boot disks, but can still not find out how to complete the format. I there a boot disk out thewre with the ability to format this PC or is there another trick to it?

Little help.

A:Formatting Win 2000 Server 5.0

The boot disks you are talking about are the disks used if your install CD is not bootable. You *should* be able to format the drive when you go to install 2k. If you use a regular 98 boot disk and do a "format c:\" that should format your drive for you. However, I dont usually use format. I use a program called Killdisk which doesn't just delete files but it writes random 0's and 1's to the disk, completely wiping all data. This is available for a free download at:

http://www.killdisk.com/eraser.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatting-win-2000-server-5-0.147962/
Relevancy 44.72%

I had a plotter setup on a DC, all users were able to plot to it using mulitiple programs. The DC has went down and a new DC took it's place. Now the users can only plot Dwg files (autoCAD) and they can't plot word or other programs. I have checked all permissions and they all seem to be fine. What else should I look for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000-issue.588691/
Relevancy 44.72%

Greetings my PCs which is a Pentium iv got a problem and it was not starting to the desk top. When we used the win 2000 server CD and it fix the problem there was another problem created. I could no longer log on the computer with all the passwords both the administrator's and general users. I need some help on what to do so as to log using those passwords again.

A:Windows 2000 server

Sounds like you overwrote the previous users, as such they can't be restored, only recreated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server.181342/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey everyone I hope someone can help me on this thing I m a bit of a fledgling to Exchange Server I have some experience in the setup and database repairing eseutil is a pain in the I have a bit of a scenario that I can t seem to get an answer on from one of my exchange sources and wanted to post it here and see if I can get a hand Here s what we have server 2000 Exchange My company is divided into two divisions The parent company holds the company s e-mail server in house they are right next door to us so access to the main mail server is not a problem Despite the split of divisions we all use the same e-mail address naming scheme example bob com In our office I have set up an exchange server of our own to receive the mail to pull the Exchange 2000 server mail from the main server for only our division example email protected is set up on the main server and I want to be able to have our exchange server pull down her e-mail only to ours We are on seperate networks and Exchange 2000 server the domain names for the two servers are different mail server is mail bob com and my server is mail bob oem local There seems to be some connectivity problems between the two servers and I cannot seem to be able to get the mail from the main server to our server Any ideas Thanks Brian nbsp

A:Exchange 2000 server

Are you using AD? Is there a trust between the two domains? Do both email servers live in the same domain? What prompted setting up a second email server strickly for one company's email?

Ultimately, what are you trying to do with your email? I don't think a second server is required for what you need (if my assumptions are correct)....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2000-server.412723/
Relevancy 44.72%

Have win 2 kpro as a server with a bespoke database the ran ok on win nt4.
Spec 1700 duron xp 512 k ddr 40 gb hard drive maxtor 7500 ide.
I t seems lively in tcp/ip network nut is somtime slow and locking in a bespoke acces type database, a freind said I should look at ms artical about inopertunist lockin? and write behind cashe in win 2k.
Anyone know if there is anything in this that might help.
regards Alan G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-pro-as-server-locking.107073/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello All,

I have got a problem with My server 2000, some how i cant see any thing on the screen and as well of Task bar and also nither mouse or Key board work. the only thing which i can do is that manually shut down the server, any idea what would have been the problem.
at the moment I cant use this machin.

Appreciated in advance.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey All-

I am trying to configure a 2000 server in an active directory domain environment and have a simple question.

I have several accounts and would like to configure them to be administrators on the local workstations, but not a domain admin. I can't quite figure this out. It'd be nice to be able to do this all from the server. I'm assuming it's a domain policy. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone,

Actually what I want to know is if I can have Windows 2000 in one server and windows 2003 in another server. Win2003 server as my Domain controller.

A:Win 2000 Server run with Win 2003

As long as you only have one PDC and things like the domain name are the same, that should work fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-server-run-with-win-2003.548198/
Relevancy 44.72%

I need to load 2000 advanced server and have a dual boot. I already have XP on my machine now and i need 2000 server on it without deleting XP. Can I do this ???????Help

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend any resources (step by step guide) on how to configure Windows AS 2000.

I'm not sure what I should and should not be setting so anything would be a help.

Cheers guys

A:2000 Advanced Server

This is also posted in the Networking forum at the link below. I'm closing this as a duplicate thread.
http://forums.techguy.org/t160988/s.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-advanced-server.160987/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have three MAC OS X computers, that lose there connection to my Windows 2000 Server, and the only way to reconnect them is to reboot the Server. Has anyone heard of this...

Thanks for the help

Scott

A:MAC to Windows 2000 Server

Make sure the Mac systems are running the correct version of TCP/IP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-to-windows-2000-server.169076/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am running a server on Windows 2000 Server and recently set it up to receive faxes. It received one and saved it successfully, subsequent faxes result in an error in the event viewer. (EventI 8218, category inbound)In addition, when receiving faxes, Windows 2000 suspends the network connections so workstations that are using it for file sharing lose their connection.

A:Windows 2000 Fax Server

recently set it up to receive faxesexactly how did you do that?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/windows-2000-fax-server/65856.html
Relevancy 44.72%

how to rezier 2000 adv partiion. is there any free tool

A:Partition for 2000 Adv server

Are you asking for a utility to partition your hard drive? Is the format of that hard drive NTFS?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/partition-for-2000-adv-server/65760.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok here is my situation I am using Hamachi VPN client to access my windows 2000 server, when I access the share on an xp machine I just type the username and password of my desired active directory login and im able to log in, but my windows 7 pro will not authenticate with the file share. Any ideas? FYI I am not using this for a domain but purely a file sharing system for different users.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289992/w7-windows-server-2000/
Relevancy 44.72%

Should this system be formatted as ntfs or fat32, please?

A:Solved: server 2000

Many advantages for using NTFS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-server-2000.540604/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I ve run into a problem setting up a Windows web server Basically the problem I have is permissions related in that I am unable to update security settings to include the account used to access the web site Everything seems to be working server 2000 Windows web on the web server except that I m prompted for user name password and domain Windows 2000 web server to access the site User account details are correct the problem appears to be that Group domain policy is not being updated with the new account If I try to manually enter the account details I receive this error quot The following account could not be validated - IWAM servername quot When I check local security settings on the web server I see that local settings are selected but the corresponding Effective setting is blank I tried disabling Group Policy so that local policy on web server is default but this did not work Refresh and enforce of Group Policy did nothing either What am I doing wrong Any help would be most welcome nbsp

A:Windows 2000 web server

Do you allow Anonymous logins? The IWAM_servername account is used to validate anonymous users. The site we run is secure and the IWAM account is disabled to stop anonymous logins. Other than that, I can't think of what might cause the effective setting not to accept the selected settings after a reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-web-server.96387/
Relevancy 44.72%

How does a Mac workstation see my Win2K print server on my domain? Do I need to enable a service or is it third party? Also we're only running TCP/IP.

TIA,
Tony

[Edited by airbrat1990 on 05-18-2001 at 12:04 PM]

A:Mac/NT/2000 Server Question

I know very little about Macs, but found this link for you: http://www.macwindows.com/Win2000.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-nt-2000-server-question.44215/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey gang, I have a question about creating a role for a user in my database. I want to create a user defined role with the minimum appropriate permissions to allow a user to import and export data. When I try to create a new database role, I select permissions to try and restrict what a user can do. I am faced with a whole bunch of objects that I'm not sure what their function is. Am I going about this the correct way? Please help!

A:SQL Server 2000 question

I haven't seen too much SQL Server or Oracle help in these forums. If no one can help you here, I would suggest that you try http://www.tek-tips.com .

Not trying to take anything away from this site, just suggesting another possible source...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-2000-question.142230/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi wondering if you could review my hijackthis log file this old server is being used for hosting our website and accounting system Website were Hijaked and now each day need to restart the server to get them going again not sure what kind of malware been left behind Are moving the website hosting off and want to see how bad thing might be Thanks in advanceLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT System termsrv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC WINNT System inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINNT System llssrv exeD Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeD Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exeD Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exeC PROGRA MICROS MSSQL binn sqlservr exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT System locator exeC WINNT system Windows 2000 server MSTask exec program files notify telus fulfillment telusfulfillment exeD Tomcat bin tomcat exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files VERITAS Backup Exec NT beremote exeC WINNT system Dfssvc exeC WINNT System msdtc exeC Program Files Common Files System MSSearch Bin mssearch exeC Program Files VERITAS Backup Exec NT beserver exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT system atiptaxx exeC WINNT SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files VERITAS VxUpdate VxTaskbarMgr exeC WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X fppdis exeC Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exeC WINNT system WDBtnMgr exeD Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXED Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeD Tomcat bin tomcat w exeC WINNT system internat exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC WINNT system mmc exeD Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exec winnt microsoft net framework v aspnet wp exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer ftp slant isa gopher slant isa http slant isa https slant isa R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - Windows 2000 server no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Windows 2000 server Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F Windows 2000 server - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run WinVNC quot d Program Files RealVNC WinVNC WinVNC exe quot -servicehelperO - HKLM Run VxTaskbarMgr C Program Files VERITAS VxUpdate VxTaskbarMgr exeO - HKLM Run pdfFactory Dispatcher v C WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X fppdis exeO - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot O - HKLM Run WD Button Manager WDBtnMgr exeO - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot D Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONEO - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot D Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKeyO - HKLM Run ApacheTomcatMonitor quot D Tomcat bin tomcat w exe quot MS Tomcat O - HKCU Run internat exe internat exeO - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run internat exe in... Read more

A:Windows 2000 server

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312074/windows-2000-server/
Relevancy 44.72%

i have a windows advanced server 2000 xdif i go the services i get this

in services section of adminitrative tools
it gives

remote procdduser cal1 the description is junk

status is always automatic even though i make it to manual

the log on as is local system
please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jun-service-in-win-2000-adv-server.288524/