Windows Support Forum

Open Apps missing from Taskbar

Q: Open Apps missing from Taskbar

Not sure what I've done/allowed but all of a sudden I can't get my open applications to register as radio buttons on the taskbar. They are gone. Just happened and I can't think of a program I have added.

Toshiba portege with MS XP Tablet edition, IE 6.0 with sp2.

Any help would be appreciated.

obgyn59

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Open Apps missing from Taskbar

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Open Apps missing from Taskbar

Go to Taskbar Repair Tool and download Minimized Programs Missing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-apps-missing-from-taskbar.442515/
Relevancy 70.09%

Computer woken up from sleep, go to task bar to open an app, get flashes of app when selecting app's icon on taskbar, but app doesn't open. However, some apps open and some apps don't. Those that do open, when left clicked on for a menu item, the app closes. Although an app opens it is not functional. The only way to restore normalcy is to hard close the computer and reboot, then everything is OK.

A:Taskbar apps flash but don't open?

Did you ever get a response from the FF support forum?

Taskbar icons "flash," but don't open, among other things going wrong

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271115-taskbar-apps-flash-but-dont-open.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am rnning music and the app first appears when I play a file but does not appear in the task. Here is a screenshot.

In order to get to the app, I have to do the thing where you bring your finger in from the left and it opens the most recent program, then I have to minimize it, then I have to click on the desktop icon to get back to the desktop, and then it appears.

Why doesn't it appear when I open it?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71763-open-apps-not-appearing-taskbar.html
Relevancy 69.23%

While using Internet Explorer in desktop mode I can browse for a few seconds and then the program disappears. It may reappear in a few minutes or sometime not at all. It is most annoying. Also my taskbar has disappeared and won't pop up when I put the cursor at the bottom of the screen. The computer did a windows update a few weeks ago and the problem seems to have started since the update.

A:Apps running on desktop keep minimizing & taskbar missing

This sounds like your Explorer (Windows Explorer) is turning off and restarting intermittently...I don't know what to suggest other than getting any new important update that comes along.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58286-apps-running-desktop-keep-minimizing-taskbar-missing.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have searched far and wide over google, But I cannot find the solution to this issue. I even opened the help document for windows and even it tells me to go to Taskbar and Navigation to show metro apps on the taskbar. Well this is what it looks like for me:

Apparently there's supposed to be a checkbox that reads "Show store apps on taskbar" but that isn't there! I have a version of Windows 8.1 that doesn't have this option. Any help? I really liked this feature. This worked for me until I installed a fresh installation of Windows 8.1.

A:Option to show metro apps in taskbar missing

Hello Enitoni, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Did you install the Windows 8.1 Update yet?

That option is only available after the Windows 8.1 Update has been installed via Windows Update.

Taskbar - Hide or Show Store Apps in Windows 8.1 Update

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51049-option-show-metro-apps-taskbar-missing.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Is there any way to keep all pinned apps. on the taskbar, to the left of all open windows (like in Windows 7 and earlier?

A:Pinned apps in taskbar - Keep to the left of open windows?

Hello Synomenon,

By default, any opened app or window will be to the right of all pinned apps on the taskbar unless it is a pinned app, then it will show opened wherever the pinned app is already at on the taskbar.

If you like, you are also able to drag the pinned apps in any arrangement on the taskbar though.

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/31042-pinned-apps-taskbar-keep-left-open-windows.html
Relevancy 68.8%

This morning, my icons on the taskbar have suddenly turned into icons with names of open apps and tabs. I didn't change anything, but did recently have an update. I prefer to not have the names showing. I know what the icons are and prefer to point at it to choose a tab, etc. How do I get the names to go away?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440445-how-do-i-get-taskbar-stop-showing-names-open-apps.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I installed Quick Launch on my Taskbar (Windows 7, 64-bit).

I don't know how to position it next to the Start button.

The area in the Taskbar between the Start button and the Quick Launch toolbar appears to be reserved to display open applications.

Dragging the Quick Launch toolbar all the way to the left doesn't work. It stops 2 inches from the Start button, allowing room for open application icons.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

A:Taskbar-Open Apps on left, Quick Launch on right - can't reverse these

Hi and welcome to the Forum.
I found this " Note that you’ll need to right-click and unlock the taskbar before you can move the toolbar."
You might find this useful:
Quick Launch - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311783-taskbar-open-apps-left-quick-launch-right-cant-reverse-these.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Open/minimized programs missing on my Taskbar

A:Open/minimized programs missing on my Taskbar

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 06:28:38 PM, on 7/13/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\Program Files\108Mbps Wirless Network USB Dongle\acs.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BTNtService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\OPHALDCS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Xerox\PanelMgr\ssmmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Oplmsb01.exe
C:\WINDOWS\VM_STI.EXE
C:\Program Files\Companion OneTouch\MFLaunchOT.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE2.0\OpwareSE2.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\108Mbps Wirless Network USB Dongle\WLANPRO.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BlueSoleil.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: mssgr Object - {EC564D32-0F1A-4367-8A9B-4A9F57688D03} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsmgr.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Xerox PanelMgr] C:\WINDOWS\Xerox\PanelMgr\ssmmgr.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Oplmsb01.exe OKI B4100
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BigDogPath] C:\WINDOWS\VM_STI.EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IndexSearch] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MFLaunchOT] C:\Program Files\Companion OneTouch\MFLaunchOT.exe "Laser Multifunction"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE2] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE2.0\OpwareSE2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9 -reboot 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\R... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-minimized-programs-missing-on-my-taskbar.595219/
Relevancy 62.78%

I run Windows XP Home with three users on the same machine I am the only user with this problem The task bar does not show windows programs which are open on my machine even though they appear when I do Alt tab I have run msinfo and OTMS exe is definitely in program open taskbar buttons Missing not running in the background I have deleted the reg key HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer StuckR ects Missing open program buttons in taskbar and rebooted without success I have not found anybody else on the net with the same problem Adaware doesn t find anything either Would appreciate some help Here s my hijack log Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS StartupMonitor exe C Program Files System Maintenance ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files SAGEM SAGEM email protected - dslmon exe C PROGRA SYSTEM AVG avgserv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C PROGRA SYSTEM AD-AWA Ad-aware exe C PROGRA SYSTEM AVG AVGCC EXE C WINDOWS System taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files System Maintenance HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http crackspider net ie sbar php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http crackspider net ie assist php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Shellnext quot C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe quot R - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - CA- - -A EE- FB AFE E - C WINDOWS System msapasrc dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA SYSTEM AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Run StartupMonitor StartupMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files System Maintenance ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run Windows Explorer C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Startup PowerReg Scheduler V exe O - Global Startup DSLMON lnk C Program Files SAGEM SAGEM email protected - dslmon exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsim... Read more

A:Missing open program buttons in taskbar

Someone on computing.net gave me this link which solved my problem:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

Why is Miscrosoft paid so much for bad software that needs an army of geeks working around the clock to repair? Maybe they should be sued in a class action for selling defective goods.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-open-program-buttons-in-taskbar.237895/
Relevancy 62.78%

I came home the other day and got on my my on Open/minimized programs missing Taskbar computer Open/minimized programs missing on my Taskbar only to find out that my computer had restarted while I was away Upon making the computer active a box popped up and mentioned that my computer had recovered from a fatal error I dont know why it was in sleep mode I then began to notice that open programs or minimized programs no longer are listed on my taskbar I logged off my account and tried another and everything is fine open Open/minimized programs missing on my Taskbar programs are listed on the taskbar The problem is only under my name main account How can I get my open programs to be listed on the taskbar again Any help you can give me would be great Coolwip Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS PCHEALTH HELPCTR Binaries helpctr exe C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpSvc exe C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hometab bellsouth net O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run tgcmd quot C Program Files Support com BellSouth hcenter exe quot starthidden tgcmdwrapper O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe quot O - Startup... Read more

A:Open/minimized programs missing on my Taskbar

sometimes after explorer crashes the icons disappear from the taskbar that is normal. A reboot of the system will fix the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-minimized-programs-missing-on-my-taskbar.438886/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone,

I couldn't find a solution to my problem so far and I will be really grateful if someone can help me. After installing all available updates of windows 8.1, my checkbox for "Show windows Store apps on taskbar" simply disappeared from the taskbar properties. Moreover, the on and off option from Settings -> Change PC settings -> PC and devices -> Corners and edges -> App switching also seems to be forever gone. In other words when I open an app I can't close it (Esc isn't working any more or X option) and I can't see it on the taskbar Please HELP. Thank you in advance!

A:windows 8.1 missing show windows store apps on taskbar

Hello Geryga, and welcome to Eight Forms.

The show Store apps on the taskbar option was part of the April 8th updates. Please check to make sure that you have all available Windows Updates installed, then check to see if you have the option afterwards. If you did install them all, then see if restarting the computer may help.

Windows Update - Check for and Install in Windows 8

Taskbar - Hide or Show Store Apps in Windows 8.1 Update

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/54111-windows-8-1-missing-show-windows-store-apps-taskbar.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm a new Win user trying to setup a more normal looking desktop on my wife's new laptop In an attempt to populate the desktop toolbar with apps on the start page I found it can't be done as explained in the tutorial Either when I touch hold the app icon or right mouse click the app is checked and the bottom application bar appears However on the app bar my only choices are quot Unpin from Start quot quot Uninstall quot or quot Find in Start quot I'm not given the option of quot Pin to taskbar quot I "pin the apps to icon Missing page on taskbar" also don't see the choices quot Open new window quot quot Run as admin quot or quot Open file location quot that Missing "pin to taskbar" icon on the apps page I see in an example under that tutorial I'm running this account in admin mode The most recent Windows update was with no new updates available when checked today Is there something wrong or a control panel setting I Missing "pin to taskbar" icon on the apps page need to enable to see the other choices Your help will be appreciated Thanks -Matt

A:Missing "pin to taskbar" icon on the apps page

Check the items on the Task Bar in the desktop it should be there that is why you do not see the option to pin to the taskbar.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51813-missing-pin-taskbar-icon-apps-page.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey all my girlfriend is running Win Home she has always had the default Windows speaker quot volume quot icon down on her task on Missing and out Speaker Taskbar... Taskbar Icon Customize Greyed bar by her clock She uses it all the time to switch between her speakers and her headset where she right Taskbar Speaker Icon Missing and Greyed out on Customize Taskbar... clicks on the icon and selects quot playback devices quot and then changes between her soundcard speakers and her usb headset Anyway it disappeared last night Now open Taskbar click on the quot customize quot link get the window to select which icons appear on the speaker quot volume quot icon under behaviors it is set to quot show icon and notifications quot HOWEVER Then at the bottom click the link for quot turn system icons on or off quot and on that window the icon is greyed out and set to OFF and it can not be changed to ON She's been bugging the heck out of me ever since to fix it We have no idea what Taskbar Speaker Icon Missing and Greyed out on Customize Taskbar... changed it or how it got changed we just know its been there and she's used it for the past two years and now its suddenly not there Any suggestions

A:Taskbar Speaker Icon Missing and Greyed out on Customize Taskbar...

Hello Nyarlathotep,

You might see if step 9 in Option Two in the tutorial below may be able to enable the Volume icon again.

System Icons - Enable or Disable

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/335366-taskbar-speaker-icon-missing-greyed-out-customize-taskbar.html
Relevancy 52.03%

This problem occurred since last I bought this laptop. I can't pin apps and I restarted my laptop many times, it didn't work. Can someone help me for pinning apps in any way? Thank you so much.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63873-i-cant-pin-apps-my-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.6%

chrome is running with a blue line underneath but steam has a yellow line and it's half highlighted yellow but it's not downloading or running anything and it's been like that for the past 10 minutes

so what do the colours mean and why is the steam one like that?

thanks

A:what do the colours mean on taskbar apps

Originally Posted by cxztiel

chrome is running with a blue line underneath but steam has a yellow line and it's half highlighted yellow but it's not downloading or running anything and it's been like that for the past 10 minutes

so what do the colours mean and why is the steam one like that?

thanks

Hi @cxztiel
Welcome to tenforums.com!

My guess is blue is your accent color and the yellow is something loading in Steam and may have gotten hung up. A guess though.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41833-what-do-colours-mean-taskbar-apps.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

got a problem when trying to minimize apps.

Let's say I'm runing notepad++ (or whatever), when I click on the minimize button I'd expect the icon for notepad++ to appear in the taskbar ... it doesn't.

to 'get back' to the app I have to use alt-tab.

anyone know how I can get apps to minimize to the taskbar?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apps-dont-minimize-to-taskbar.945040/
Relevancy 51.6%

Any app that is pinned to the taskbar takes a few seconds (varies from around 2 to 5), before they respond, if I run the same app from a shortcut on the desktop, or the start menu they respond instantly.

Windows file explorer is a good example, run it from the taskbar and it can take up to 10 secs to open, but open it from the start menu or a desktop short cut and it will open instantly.

The only one I've noticed to open instantly from the taskbar is 'Store'.

This is a fresh installation of Win 8.1 with the spring update, plus all other updates, on a SSD. Does this happen with anyone else?

A:Apps slow to run from taskbar, otherwise OK

Found it to be down to setting in 'Ultramon' that I use, disabled smart taskbar and no longer a problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/45114-apps-slow-run-taskbar-otherwise-ok.html
Relevancy 51.6%

With more and more cool apps being developed every month, I find myself installing all sorts of stuff on my computer to try out. Some apps aren't all that useful, are just plain bad, or offer niche functionality, while some...

Read more

A:What apps are pinned to your taskbar?

I utilize docks for most of my important apps. But, I do keep a couple utilities on my taskbar for easy access on my other monitors. Right now, I have GPU-Z, CPU-Z, GPU Temp and Core Temp pinned. Since I'm running Windows 10, I've decided to keep Cortana and Task View pinned as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-apps-are-pinned-to-your-taskbar.218625/
Relevancy 51.17%

So when I unpin a program from taskbar, for example chrome, windows wont let me to right click on the app in order to repin it. is there anyway to fix this?

A:Cant pin back the unpin apps to taskbar

Hello Mayheamk,

What do you see instead?

Taskbar - Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48759-cant-pin-back-unpin-apps-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a SAN administration tool I use that launches a Java app. The desktop shortcut that runs it looks like this:

C:\Windows\System32\javaws.exe "C:\Users\gm.KTC\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\14\391de28e-4bf1d62f"

When I pin this shortcut to the taskbar and launch it, I get a second instance of the icon in the taskbar (shown as running), and the pinned icon never changes to a "running" icon. If I launch another instance of the app (Shift-Click the non-running pinned icon) it will pair up both running instances and show me both when I hover over the running icon, so that part works, but it appears that the mechanism that links a running app to the taskbar gets confused by the shortcut.

Bug, feature, something worth reporting?

Geoff

A:Java apps confusing taskbar

I want to bump this...

I'm running multiple java applications - each is grouping itself properly - except not under the pinned icon, but under a new one. This is very annoying!

Where could one post a bug report?!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/3404-java-apps-confusing-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

What i mean is when i move the mouse cursor over an app window in taskbar if it's a game in the passed i saw the game running/playing in the small window of the app or if it's a program. Now i need to click on it and enter to it to see what is going on with it.

Now the problem is only with battlefield bad company 2 when the game is running in the background instead clicking on it's icon to enter it and see what is going i want that when i move the mouse cursor over it it should show me in the small window the game. But instead i see only white small window.

A:Why apps in taskbar not showing preview ?

Hello @Chocolade, open control panel go to system, then advanced system settings. Click on the settings tab under performance, and make sure animations in the taskbar is checked.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/43482-why-apps-taskbar-not-showing-preview.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi. I have a brand new Hp Pavilion and while in the process of customizing my desktop and taskbar I found that i am unable to pin anything from the desktop or shortcuts I created (such as Microsoft Word, or the snipping tool) to the taskbar. I have tried all three methods to try and pin.
The only items pinned are the ones already there from the first boot.

I was hoping someone out there as some insight to this.

A huge 'Thank You" in advance.

A:Cannot pin shortcuts or apps to taskbar-Windows 8.1

Hello Marc, and welcome to Eight Forums.

I have a couple of questions.

Do the shortcuts still work?

Do you have the "Pin to Taskbar" item in the context menu of these shortcuts of application files?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42408-cannot-pin-shortcuts-apps-taskbar-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey,

For some reason, I can't get any of the Office 2010 programs to pin to the taskbar on Windows 7 Home Premium. When the program is running, the jumplist has no button to pin the program. If I go into the Start Menu and hit Pin to Taskbar from there, it gives me a working shortcut on the taskbar, but the program creates a new taskbar button when it launches, completely ignoring the one that's already there.

Even stranger, I don't have this problem on my other computer running Win 7 Pro.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

A:Can't pin Office 2010 apps to taskbar?

Have you tried rt.click on the .exe for each program and pin, or drag and drop the exe onto the taskbar. See if that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/45700-cant-pin-office-2010-apps-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

This is Windows 7.  I have it set to never combine the icons in the taskbar, however, it still combines the like applications.  So all the Excel Windows will be grouped together and all the IE Windows will be grouped together.  I want to
move around the Excel windows and not have them group on the taskbar.  How can I do that?

A:How to ungroup similar apps in the taskbar?

Please see this thread

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/d99ae342-2b2e-4498-9531-629450f2741b/action?threadDisplayName=ungroup-similar-program-tabs-in-task-bar

You will need a third party tool such as

http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker

to ungroup items on the taskbar.

If using 7 Taskbar Tweaker, choose the option "Don't group" as shown below. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0113bfa7-13fd-4779-bf79-5e2f8c47d674/how-to-ungroup-similar-apps-in-the-taskbar?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a awy to make it so Windows 8.1 does not show any of the Modern Apps in the taskbar?

For instance, I like to keep NotePad8, Weather and some others running, but I don't want them taking up Taskbar realestate since (as far as I'm aware at least), those Modern apps will remain open until I close them for good by moving to the upper left part of the screen.

So, if anyone knows of any methods I could try to do this, I would be all ears! I suspect there's probably something I could do in the registry, and if there is, maybe someone could attach a .reg file for me.

I'm also attaching a screencap of what I'm talking about.

Thanks a lot, everyone!

A:Is there a way to not show Modern Apps in the Taskbar?

This might be what you want---

Right click Taskbar & click Properties---

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/49101-there-way-not-show-modern-apps-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

OK, here goes my first post.
I just restored a HP dv5 laptop to factory original. In setting it up the way I want, I noticed that Windows Media Player was pinned to the task bar. I unpinned it but it returns when the computer is restarted.
I looked in the start folder, found it empty. Checked the Run & Run Once sections of the registry and found nothing related to the media player. I am at the limit of my ability at this point. So I ask my question finally.
How do I prevent Windows Media Player from being repeatedly pinned to the task Bar?

A:Pin/unpin apps to taskbar problem in Win 7/64 Pro

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
I know Factory restore sounds like a great thing to do but it's not all that hot as you would expect because of all of the now expired trial software commonly know as junkware,
if you truly want a Fresh start see these for the best chance at a great re-install of windows 7,
This is most likely your best bet because computer manufactures stopped a long time ago from shipping reinstall disks with computers,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/219487-clean-reinstall-factory-oem-windows-7-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316877-pin-unpin-apps-taskbar-problem-win-7-64-pro.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there, i have a problem after one of windows Update processes, i'm on Win7 Beta 7000 and all my default pinned apps buttons are gone, and "pinned app" feature is working strange.

A list of all the little strange problems happening:
-all buttons lost their extra features (recent doc, play/pause buttons for wmp, explorer particular list)
-a blank pinned app button that doesn't want to erase
-if i pin windows media player, when i open it another icon appears

Any idea?

Thanks!

A:Restore Pinned apps in taskbar

Hello iomicifikko, welcome to Se7en Forums!

Start by having a look at the tutorial, at the link below.

Start Menu - Reset Pin To Area

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/1788-restore-pinned-apps-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

As you can see when I click on the apps on my task bar they appear grey and the unpin button and close button are massive and in the wrong place I did a clean install of 8.1 last night/this morning but this happened and I don't really want to have to do another factory reset.

A:Right click on apps on taskbar. Broken?

Someone posted a solution in my thread.
Taskbar jump list has distorted icons and placing

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69480-right-click-apps-taskbar-broken.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I logged into my computer this morning and the screen was blue although I could still see my house and move it around I can also do Ctrl Alt Delete to access the Task Manager when I and icons missing manager, missing on task taskbar explorer.exe don t see the explorer exe I know its supposed to be there but its not I tried to manually start it by going to file new task and running it but it explorer.exe missing on task manager, icons and taskbar missing only explorer.exe missing on task manager, icons and taskbar missing runs for maybe seconds enough to see the icons on the desktop and the task bar then they disappear I searched online for a few answers but no real help Im using another PC because I explorer.exe missing on task manager, icons and taskbar missing cant access the internet with my laptop that is have the problems I was able to run hijackthis and put it on a thumb drive so I could post it here Any help would greatly be appreciated thanks I have ran ad aware and avast and both found something but didn t fix it I also posted this on http www techsupportforum com Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization servicestub exe C Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization LogitechEasySync exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home peoplepc com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www whynotsearchhere com start php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http home peoplepc com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Bart Station C Program Files PeoplePC ISP BIN PPCOLink exe -STATION O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Easy Synchronization C Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization LogitechEasySync exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-missing-on-task-manager-icons-and-taskbar-missing.712861/
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop battery ran out and it must have shut itself down When I restarted the following symptoms appeared Taskbar icons left of the clock disappeared the taskbar changed from the standard task bar green start button blue bar to a plain gray bar with a gray start button if windows changed, missing icons has Taskbar and missing I right click on start gt properties gt taskbar tab gt customize - the icons do not match up with the descriptions for example the yahoo messenger icon has the description quot wireless network connection quot My Computer If I click Start then right click mycomputer gt properties I would expect to see a window Taskbar has changed, icons missing and windows missing with tabs quot general comp name hardware etc quot instead nothing appears My network places gt then View my network connections I would expect to see the network connections I have defined its blank I can t use my wireless connection because I can t see it to connect to Other than that all programs seem to be working fine I get to the internet using a hard LAN connection I don t even know where to start I have read many of the posts regarding taskbar problems but none seem to fit Any help greatly appreciated System Information I just tried to open the system information icon in the control panel to get the info to put here but nothing happens when I double click it I am running XP SP I am current on updates AVG Free tried uninstalling just in case

A:Taskbar has changed, icons missing and windows missing

I would try to do a system restore. Steps to perform that are found HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391036/taskbar-has-changed-icons-missing-and-windows-missing/
Relevancy 50.31%

I just noticed something. I hardly ever use Store Apps but I had cause to look at a couple just now.
The Task Bar, which I'd noticed previously when using Store Apps would hide itself after a moment, and could be recalled with a mouse movement downwards, is now on screen permanently.

is that normal? I like it like this! The title bar does vanish and reappear as expected.

EDIT: I just did a little reading and see it's not just me. I also have the desktop 'drop shadow icon text' that just won't go away even after registry hacks.
I do hope Windows 9 doesn't inherit any of this kind of thing!

A:Taskbar remains on screen even in Store Apps.

Hello Mark,

Since the August 12th 2014 Windows Updates, the taskbar will on some PCs always show on the Start, apps, and PC settings screens if you do not have the taskbar set to auto-hide and you open the Start screen by pressing the Start button on the taskbar while on your desktop. If you multiple screens, then this doesn't apply.

If you do not have the taskbar set to auto-hide or you open the Start screen by pressing the Windows key, you will not see the taskbar on the Start, apps, and PC settings screens unless you open the taskbar using step 5 below.

Taskbar - Open in Windows 8.1

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53424-taskbar-remains-screen-even-store-apps.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi.. I have been having this problem for 4 days now. Ive been trying to find all solutions related to fix this problem. In the end. I have just fixed the PC SETTINGS and STORE APP. As of today all of the apps have been repaired and installed via STORE but the problem still persist. Even though they have been repaired and installed. They can't open on maximized mode. Can anyone have some possible solutions for this type of problem? Btw. I have already made this steps.

1) Chkdsk /f /r
2.) Reregister Store
3.) Scan for virus via ESET NOD32
4.) Almost all of the options on the thread Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8
5.) sfc /scannow
6.) Fixed problems via Advanced System Care Ultimate 7
7.) Fixed problems via CCleaner.

Now the only problem i have is the apps can't be opened.

A:Metro Apps remains on the taskbar and can't maximized

Hi there. Did you perform the DISM in the tutorial?

Will they go full screen by pushing Windows key + up arrow?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/46055-metro-apps-remains-taskbar-cant-maximized.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I like the Windows 7 task bar the way it is. I want to have only large icons instead of a long tail of icons and text. So I don't need to unmix all the icons. But I run both Firefox and Aurora. For those who don't know, Aurora is the night build of the same Firefox. Windows, somehow detects them as the same thing, which they're not, and stacks the icons. Now I use the two browsers for different purposes and I would like to tell Windows 7 task bar: Aurora is something different, like Opera or Chrome and I would like it displayed as such. Could you help?

A:How to unmix the taskbar icons for symilar apps?

i dont use aurora so bare with me, are the taskbar icons for ff and aurora both the same,if so is it possible to change the icon for aurora, in the properties panel.

edit; on reflection this wont actually address the stacking problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/212427-how-unmix-taskbar-icons-symilar-apps.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all,
I m using windows 8 at home and at work.
I pinned many apps to my startbar at home and at work.
At my workplace I have to remap these apps to the taskbar everyday. They don t stay located after logoff or reboot of the pc.
I already contacted my IT department but they don t support Windows 8 only certain apps we use.
I know this forum is not for workrelated questions but I loose everyday 20 minutes because of this so I m getting really irritated.
I m not on FATCLIENT. I login to a Citrix Client.
I have requested an Admin account for the domain so I can make changes myself and start troubleshooting.
We have a citrix support line but these guys log tickets but can t seem to resolve the issue.
Maybe this issue is unresolvable ?
Suggestions are welcome

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/72826-apps-don-t-stay-taskbar-windows-8-via-citrix.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Let's start a list! Only non-Microsoft apps...
foobar2000 (with plug-in)
Mozilla Firefox (with extra program)
Power Archiver (native)

A:Apps with extend taskbar/jumplist support

Quote: Originally Posted by garbanzo

Let's start a list! Only non-Microsoft apps...
foobar2000 (with plug-in)
Mozilla Firefox (with extra program)

Power archiver (built in and its also got the ribbon interface)

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/10705-apps-extend-taskbar-jumplist-support.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi
I cant see icon of metro in taskbar of windows 8.1

A:i cant see icons of metro apps in taskbar of windows 8.1

Are you in the Desktop or in the Metro/Start screen?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69218-i-cant-see-icons-metro-apps-taskbar-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I was unpinning many apps from my start screen. Now when I try to run an app (such as Computer, or Control Panel) it creates an entry on the desktop taskbar, but not on the desktop.

I can't run anything on this Win8.0 desktop, except for IE. The only thing I can do with the taskbar icon is close the window.

A:Desktop Apps quit working, They just sit on the Taskbar

I will try upgrading to Win8.1 ??? I can't seem to do anything else without tools of any kind.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40474-desktop-apps-quit-working-they-just-sit-taskbar.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi All

I am experiencing a weird issue on an XP machine I use for work.

Despite having the windows taskbar 'locked', all my apps open up with their minimise/maximise/close buttons hidden behind this taskbar.

I am one of those who choose to locate the taskbar at the top of the screen rather than on the bottom.

So, if I want to move an app, or resize the window - quite simply, I can't do this without first moving the system taskbar to the left or right position - which then gives me access to the top bar of any running application. I can then access and thus move/adjust the application position.

Does anyone know why I might be experiencing this weird behavior and if so, how I reset it back to default please?

I have tried turning the machine off and restarting - to no avail.

Many thanks all.

Relevancy 50.31%

After Nvidia GeForce Experience crashed during a GPU driver update, my modern apps (Store, Images, Groove, etc..) do not start and return error message "The app didn't start". My start button is unclickable and my search bar does not wor either.In event viewer I see an event ID 5973 from the source "Apps", stating that the activation of -some modern app-.App failed. This event happens every time I try to launch a modern app, click the start button or use the search bar.I have tried removing the TileDataLayer, replacing with a fresh one from another user, re-registering Store apps, clearing the Store cache, rebooting various times, and signing in with different users. The issue persists on other users as well.Is there anything I haven't tried yet that could be worth a shot?Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet ;)

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/modern-apps-and-taskbar-no-longer-works/710.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I tried installing the anniversary update on a PC I upgraded from disappeared apps and start [HELP] All menu taskbar and from programs windows that worked well with TH The first attempt failed and restored TH I cleared windows update and [HELP] All apps and programs disappeared from start menu and taskbar tried again but it failed again however this time after restoring TH everything was fine at first and after a few minutes when I tried to open the start menu windows explorer crashed and relaunched and all apps and programs pinned to the taskbar except windows explorer got unpinned What's worse is that my start menu is virtually empty I cannot launch settings and all apps only shows D builder OneNote Photos and Xbox Cortana search cannot launch any apps or programs but will launch edge to perform a search however the icon does not show in the taskbar What I find strange is this problem only affects one user and another admin test account has no problem I ran DISM restorehealth however I do not see any difference I tried rolling back to a previous windows build that was saved on my disk windows old but this failed Anyone know how I can restore the start menu and all apps list for this user Thanks in advance for the help

A:[HELP] All apps and programs disappeared from start menu and taskbar

creating the user account again? Or is that not an option?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/436483-%5Bhelp%5D-all-apps-programs-disappeared-start-menu-taskbar.html
Relevancy 49.88%

It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to taskbar or run apps , the app icons on the taskbar are shown as white square. And I am seeing the same thing on Apps & Feature settings list. The icons are there but as the backgrounds are shown as grey-white chequered pattern (for the transparency ), it looks like white squares. Rebuilt the icon cache but to no avail. And on the start menu everything looks fine.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/58066-windows-apps-icon-not-showing-properly-taskbar.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So lets say you have a program open, and its not pinned to the taskbar, calculator for example. You close it, and the animation for the programs icon on the taskbar disappears smoothly. Now, if I pin the calculator onto the taskbar and open it (or any current taskbar pinned item) and close it, the icon disappears with a sort of a chunky, or "blocky" animation leaving just the normal taskbar icon.

My question is, should this happen or is my Windows install lagging somehow? Can anyone recreate this and see if you get a similiar result? Simply, non taskbar pinned apps icons seem to close smoother, while ones that are pinned dont really have an animation and just close with maybe 3 different frames.

A:Quick Question About Closing Apps/ Taskbar (Could someone test this? )

Hello Keyes,

This would be the Animations in the taskbar visual effects setting. It's normal for there to be a slight delay with the animation. If it's to long or jagged, then you may have something else running that's using a lot of resources causing a temporary longer delay for this.

If you like, you could turn off (uncheck) this setting to have them be instant instead.

Visual Effects Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357340-quick-question-about-closing-apps-taskbar-could-someone-test.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm having a problem with certain full-screen apps and games disappearing from the taskbar. I can alt-tab to get back to them, however. I've found the problem affecting Hearthstone, XBMC, and Skyrim. Any ideas?

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64.

A:Full-screen games/apps disappearing from taskbar

Originally Posted by Xax

I'm having a problem with certain full-screen apps and games disappearing from the taskbar. I can alt-tab to get back to them, however. I've found the problem affecting Hearthstone, XBMC, and Skyrim. Any ideas?

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64.

Did you install update 1, there are some changes affecting task bar behavior.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/45965-full-screen-games-apps-disappearing-taskbar.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a problem with refreshing icons in taskbar when delete files/apps/other and updating apps from store on my laptop. Simple icons disappeared for 2 sec and back again.
Any fix?

A:Icons in taskbar refreshing when delete apps/files...

Originally Posted by Markic I have a problem with refreshing icons in taskbar when delete files/apps/other and updating apps from store on my laptop. Simple icons disappeared for 2 sec and back again.
Any fix? the icons that disappear momentarily, are they in any way the same as the ones updating?
And which version of windows 10 are you on?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433312-icons-taskbar-refreshing-when-delete-apps-files.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

W10 X-64 pro (build 10547) and vmware workstation rel 12 - in full screen mode can't launch apps from taskbar.

Works fine in Windowed mode

This happens on LINUX Hosts - (Opensuse, Centos and Mint)

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/23751-vmware-linux-host-w10-vm-cant-launch-apps-taskbar.html
Relevancy 49.88%

On my Surface Pro in Windows and tech preview my taskbar icons are blank for any Windows Store apps The icons are normal for other apps Store Apps Taskbar Windows Icons for Blank like MS Office Explorer etc I am betting it has something to do with a group policy But I can't find anyone else out there with this problem I've reimaged the device upgraded from - gt - gt Nothing has changed When I first got the Surface - it all worked great I could see the icons fine As soon as I joined the device to our corporate domain that is when the problem started happening I have tried connecting to the internet from home thinking it was a network firewall issue at work but that did not solve Blank Taskbar Icons for Windows Store Apps it See the attached screenshot it's a screenshot of Windows - but Blank Taskbar Icons for Windows Store Apps the same thing was happening in Windows and It does this for any of the quot apps quot Any ideas what group policies might affect this Any other Blank Taskbar Icons for Windows Store Apps ideas Dan

A:Blank Taskbar Icons for Windows Store Apps

Hi Dan,
Welcome to the forums, try this:Notification Area Icons - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61467-blank-taskbar-icons-windows-store-apps.html
Relevancy 49.88%

quot Right-click taskbar gt Properties gt Taskbar gt Show Windows Store apps on the taskbar quot determines whether Store Metro Modern apps show up in the regular taskbar taskbar Store removed not Tombstoned Windows apps from as well as in the quot point to upper-left corner for Tombstoned Windows Store apps not removed from taskbar recent apps quot area Apparently this has recently acquired a bug where icons for Store apps will remain in the taskbar even after they are tombstoned killed Turning off this setting will clean icons for tombstoned Store apps from the taskbar but of course leaving it off makes it more difficult to work with Store apps that are actually running This setting is for some reason also responsible for whether the taskbar is accessible by mousing to the bottom of the Start Screen With it unchecked there is no way to access the taskbar when running an application that blocks the taskbar like a video or a game running in fullscreen or windowed borderless modes Leaving it off is therefore not a viable option The part about tombstoned apps not vacating the taskbar is new behavior to me at least so I assume this was broken in a recent Windows update I installed over MB of updates earlier today My new habit to work around this bug will be to uncheck apply check and apply this setting whenever I close Store apps but is anyone aware of a real fix for this issue

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/74221-tombstoned-windows-store-apps-not-removed-taskbar.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been having this issue since I have installed windows 8.1 that sometimes that opened video games such as Dota 2 would not show on taskbar and I have to alt+tab to get back to see them. I was hoping to find a solution with regard in how to fix this issue.

A:Windows 8 taskbar issue (Apps wont show)

Some programs open with Hidden Icons. You can fix it by going to Hidden Icons / Customize / and choose Show Icon and Notifications.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39908-windows-8-taskbar-issue-apps-wont-show.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The title says it all. I have a taskbar filled with pinned apps and I'd like to move that information to another profile, but I can't find it anywhere.

Anybody know?

A:Where does Windows store list of apps pinned to the taskbar?

Here you go. C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned

Both Start menu and Taskbar are there.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/2682-where-does-windows-store-list-apps-pinned-taskbar.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone,
I have just started using one of Lenovo's hybrids, the Yoga 2 11, after using for a while a previous model (IdeaPad Yoga 11s).
Windows 8.1 on both.
Now, my new Lenovo surprised me with an interestingly annoying feature - it won't allow me to pin Windows apps to the taskbar. I've tried from the Start Apps menu and from everywhere. Only, I didn't try clicking on the app icon when it is running and shown on the taskbar - simply because it won't: there's no way to access the taskbar while an app is open unless returning to the desktop.
I'm quite a beginner but I don't understand why there are such differences when the operating system is the very same. All of this is referred to while in Laptop mode so I can't even see how Lenovo could have an influence on it.

If anyone out there ever had such an issue...

A:Lenovo hybrid - apps won't be shown/pinned on taskbar

Hello Armonia, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The modern apps are full screen in Windows 8.1, and will cover the taskbar. You can use step 3 or 5 to open the taskbar while you have a modern app open to see it.

Taskbar - Open in Windows 8.1

Resetting and clearing all pinned items on the taskbar may be able to help with not being able to "Pin to taskbar" if it's corrupted.

Taskbar Pinned Apps - Reset and Clear in Windows 8

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66483-lenovo-hybrid-apps-wont-shown-pinned-taskbar.html
Relevancy 49.88%

On my ASUS N550, Windows 8.1, my taskbar icons are blank for any Windows Store apps. The icons are normal for other apps (like MS Office, Explorer, etc...).

It was working before and all of sudden, it stopped working! To start with, I thought it was the graphic card driver and I did all the updates but it didnt work.

In case you need to know; my computer is not connected with any business policy, I am just using my hotmail account.

Many thanks

Exact same issue as in this thread but solution doesn't work for me: http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61467-blank-taskbar-icons-windows-store-apps.html#post496628

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/65397-blank-taskbar-icons-windows-store-apps.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings,

Is there anyway to remove the unpin/pin context menus - while retaining the items currently on there. It can be a pain when I have folder shortcuts already setup but I accidentally unpin them when trying to close an unrelated app. In other words - I have the taskbar the way I like it and want to prevent further changes (like how rocketdock can lock icons and settings).

Is there a way to accomplish this in W7?

A:Prevent unpinning apps - taskbar context menu customization?

Have to say I'm having some difficulty imagining how you're 'accidentally' unpinning when closing another app but I'm afraid the answer is no (or at least as far as I'm aware).

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/92753-prevent-unpinning-apps-taskbar-context-menu-customization.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I would like to change the highlighting or style of the taskbar icons to show more of a difference between running and non-running programs. The non-running programs are ones that have been stickied.

I would also like to change the look of the active program as well

I can't seem to find the setting in Style Builder that changes this. I'm not even sure if it is a replacement image or just a transparency mask over the existing button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/394466-style-builder-taskbar-button-shading-running-apps.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I originally wanted to completely disable the UAC as the admin permission messages that popped for almost any everything i wanted to do were very annoying I dont remember exactly what i did but it was something in gpedit or something similar to it After i did that my windows store app stopped working and appeared as a blank space in my task bar as it was still pinned there As the store wasnt working apps related to it like the calculator disappeared from my pc They dont appear when i search for them and links to DL ones from the store dont work either I tried the guide here Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows and - Windows Forums and did step but that managed to break powershell and make it disappear as well as disabling my task bar and start menu I cant right click anything in my task bar and can only use the start menu's right click menu I was considering restarting resetting but i was hoping someone here would be able to help figure out what i originally did so i can hopefully attempt to fix this

A:Store, start menu, taskbar, and apps like calc not working

.....................I originally wanted to completely disable the UAC as the admin permission messages that popped for almost any/everything i wanted to do were very annoying. I dont remember exactly what i did, but it was something in gpedit or something similar to it.......................................

When did you do that ?
If it is not too long ago, and if you do remember the date, do a system restore.
Pick a date BEFORE you did the gpedit as your restore point.

System Restore Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/41285-store-start-menu-taskbar-apps-like-calc-not-working.html
Relevancy 49.45%

when I open Settings - Apps & features I can't see the icons of Microsoft Corporation, neither in my taskbar, I only see a blank square with pixels, see below my example.
However, they are visible in the Start Menu
How to solve this problem.
Thank in advance for the co-operation

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/51346-windows-10-microsoft-metro-apps-invisible-settings-taskbar.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there Metro apps CAN be pinned to the desktop or added to a cascading menu via a custom toolbar so it's only a question of finding out what the executable is You can mix these with standard apps too This method works and DOESN'T NEED any rd party apps or Registry hacks Tested on Windows -- can't say though on Windows but in theory should work From CMD Mode run this command explorer shell Appsfolder Then from the Window press F or choose View gt choose details and click the boxes Name Long Display name AppuserModelID now choose display DETAILS in the file explorer and you'll see the create / menu apps desktop / taskbar Metro - cascading extra columns including the APPuserModelID From this point it's now easy -- you simply right mouse click on your desktop and create shortcut gt new type in the script - for example the Sports application explorer shell Appsfolder Microsoft BingSports wekyb d bbwe AppexSports This will appear on your desktop -- I need to sort out sensible icons for these but it works Metro apps - desktop / taskbar / create cascading menu -- excuse the Printer icon but I'm just testing The idea is to add these to my custom toolbar - so I can also CASCADE these at will Read first my post on creating a custom toolbar with your own standard apps you can save these in a file so you can re-use if you re-install get a new system Creating Usable Pgm toolbar WITH sub menus Now if you want top get these into a custom decent toolbar do the following Watch typing errors - however if you browse into your standard user home folder documents gt Metro apps - desktop / taskbar / create cascading menu appdata gt local gt Microsoft gt windows gt application short cuts you should see the metro stuff so right click properties now you can copy and paste Cheers jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47886-metro-apps-desktop-taskbar-create-cascading-menu.html
Relevancy 49.45%

After Nvidia GeForce Experience crashed during a GPU driver update, my modern apps (Store, Images, Groove, etc..) do not start and return error message "The app didn't start". My start button is unclickable and my search bar does not wor either.In event viewer I see an event ID 5973 from the source "Apps", stating that the activation of -some modern app-.App failed. This event happens every time I try to launch a modern app, click the start button or use the search bar.I have tried removing the TileDataLayer, replacing with a fresh one from another user, re-registering Store apps, clearing the Store cache, rebooting various times, and signing in with different users. The issue persists on other users as well.Is there anything I haven't tried yet that could be worth a shot?Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet ;)

A:Windows 10 desktop Modern apps and taskbar no longer works

Obvious suggestion, but I don't see it mentioned. Have you opened an Administrative Command Prompt and ran:dism /online /cleanup-image /restoreHealth
sfc /scannowAlso, have you tried creating a new user account, to check if the modern apps on that account work? Outside of that, I'd need to know the details of the events in question. An error number would help.How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-desktop-modern-apps-and-taskbar-no-longer-works/710.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have upgraded to windows from and been using it for the last week now with no problems Today during a mandatory update my pc went blue screen and said it had to restart Once it restarted it updated and booted fine However after the update I realized that my start menu stopped working If I press it nothing shows up It is the same with my search menu Also none of my taskbar icons will work like the volume and notifications I have searched the internet and tried all the solutions provided like windows powershell and uninstalling antivirus and restarting explorer but nothing seems Windows icons 10 Menu, taskbar working not apps, Start and metro to work for me I can't reformat and clean install at the moment because it's really inconvenient for me and have some important files and big programs that I can't back up Can anyone please provide me a solution for Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working this bug Is there anyway I can reinstall the last update again manually Or if I revert Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working back to win would this problem still persist I can't afford to lose anything since I am away and need my computer for work

A:Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working

Right click the start button and click on Programs and Features. (It's at the top.)
In the window that opens click on 'View installed updates'
Click on the updates you want to uninstall and Bob's your auntie's live-in lover!

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/15219-windows-10-start-menu-metro-apps-taskbar-icons-not-working.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This problem started open Apps Netscape with open won't after I re-installed Netscape I had to re-install because one day out of the blue I couldn t receive Netscape mail even though it had been working fine for a year and I changed nothing on the computer Anyway the problem is this With Netscape open whether or not connected online some of my apps try to open but won t I usually get a message saying quot not enough memory quot to run When this happens if I check system resources I find anywhere from to remaining If I then close Netscape the apps will open normally The apps I ve so far had trouble opening include Apps won't open with Netscape open CD burning scanner the Hearts card game I have no problem with Word Excel Real Player Photoshop Before I re-install Netscape again and who knows what ll happen then I d like to know what s really happening and whether there s a simple tweaking Apps won't open with Netscape open I can do to fix this Win SE Mb RAM Netscape Any help will be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Apps won't open with Netscape open

Sunds like a botched install.. I would consider removing it all together then reboot and attempt a reinstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apps-wont-open-with-netscape-open.209001/
Relevancy 47.73%

Recently I am unable to open the Store app After a small Windows update I have been unable to access the store When I open the start menu and click the icon it is unresponsive Also when I go through my apps it wont open when clicked there I even had it pinned to my toolbar and the icon disappeared but left space and when I clicked there I got an error message Also as apps wont wont pinned store some and open Windows toolbar 10 the open to I Windows 10 store wont open and some apps pinned to the toolbar wont open was typing this my toolbar began being difficult Certain things like the start icon the calculator icon or the internet explorer icon wont open when clicked But the google chrome and the file explorer icons work well I am not sure if there is a way for me to update the Store app or get it to launch through a browser or do I have to wait till another Windows update to fix my problem Thank you Windows 10 store wont open and some apps pinned to the toolbar wont open for any advice or help in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-store-wont-open-and-some-apps-pinned-to-the-toolbar-wont-open.1153997/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have windows xp pro and have lost an icon in the taskbar. the icon that i am missing is the "show desktop".no matter where i look i can't seem to find out how to put it back. any haelp would be greatly appreciated.

A:missing shortcut missing in taskbar

Open Note Pad. Copy and paste the following to the Note Pad. Save it as Show Desktop.scf (Note the extension scf). Next drag and drop it onto the Quick Launch bar and your problem should be solved.

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-shortcut-missing-in-taskbar.104212/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I can use some help with my apps in windows 8.1. Manny of the programs I use are not displayed in my app menu. If I search for f.e. Word, the system cannot find it. But I can open .doc files and then use the installed word program and pin it to my desktop. This problem applies to almost every program, except for chrome apps and windows store downloaded apps.

These programs are also not displayed in the programs overview (the menu where you can uninstall programs). I can't trace back what triggered this problem, but it's very annoying. And so far the internet has not anwsered, you are my only hope!

Thanx a lot in advance!

A:Missing apps

Try the MS System restore and go back to a time when everything worked properly.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/4692-system-restore-how-do-windows-8-a.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-apps.1147030/
Relevancy 47.3%

download and installed windows 8 preview on Monday had all the metro UI apps, Piano, robot etc. not including tools, now today I'm left with just two metro apps, store and IE I've searched for the apps but they've disappeared anyone with any clues much appreciated.
One more thing the onscreen keyboard needs @ and a tab on main board.

A:Missing Apps

Hi, have you deleted them by accident? Or made a new user account? Are you connected to the internet? Try and reinstall them from the app store

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/2589-missing-apps.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I installed Windows 8 with the program PWBOOT in USB disk drive and some of the apps in the metro Start Screen they didn't installed. Also the Windows store app is missing so I can't download the apps from the Windows 8 store. What should I do to bring em there? I also have a Windows 8 disc. Can I write em without deleting all the third party desktop apps? If so then how?

A:Windows 8 missing apps

Originally Posted by Marios Georgiou

Hello,

I installed Windows 8 with the program PWBOOT in USB disk drive and some of the apps in the metro Start Screen they didn't installed. Also the Windows store app is missing so I can't download the apps from the Windows 8 store. What should I do to bring em there? I also have a Windows 8 disc. Can I write em without deleting all the third party desktop apps? If so then how?

See picture.
It might help:

OR:

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/24583-windows-8-missing-apps.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with some icons in windows 10, some of them are not being displayed by windows.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Missing icons in some apps

Are the icons only problematic in the start menu or is the same problem for these particular icons showing on the executable on your C: drive? I'm not in front of my Windows 10 machine right now but if memory serves correctly you can right click these short cuts and select 'more' and then 'open file location'. I wonder how the icons look in here. If they are wrong try right clicking and properties and see if you can change the icon from there.

If the icons look ok in file explorer you could also try to pin the short cuts to the start menu again.

It could also be a problem with the icon cache. One of the more educated gurus might be able to advise better but I believe the default icon cache is set very low by Microsoft. A meagre 500 kb - God knows why so low in this day and age. Sometimes if the upper limit of this is reached it can cause icon corruption. There is a registry edit that can increase the icon cache to more acceptable level. Hopefully someone can back up my ascertion and knows the correct registry path.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36660-missing-icons-some-apps.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Light Stencil and Stop Motion are back in the Market.  They showed up on my Sprout as updates.  Also, SizeUp and Video Capture have updates.  I have downloaded all this, but I haven't had a chance to check each app's operation and features.  The two missing apps did boot up showing the new version numbers.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Sprout-by-HP/Missing-Apps-are-Back/td-p/5651287
Relevancy 46.87%

2 hours ago i accidentally upgraded to Office 365 pro plus - it then prompted me to register the licence, everytime i tried i got an error saying the server is down. I then couldn't use word and realised I shouldn't have installed it. I then un-installed office 365 pro plus and now i dont have any basic version of office tools! I dont know what version of office im supposed to have - im pretty sure there should be a basic version available to me.  For 2 hours i have been struggling with this laptop - it's tedious to use and i am becoming increasingly frustrated with this. Can anyone help me? pleeeease!

A:Office apps missing

Hello,  I hope this is helpful, the following link gives you a detailed description of how to download or redownload the office that you own by logging in to your microsoft account.  Please go through the entire instructions carefully, it might get back the office that you had intially on the PC.  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Download-and-install-or-reinstall-Office-365-Office-2016-or... Regards, Neothisha 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Office-apps-missing/td-p/5743527
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi
I have a Windows 8.1 x64 and for some time (I guess after the Update 1) my apps have no icon in the taskbar
as you can see from the picture the exe files missing icons too and notifications are not working as well
removing and installing again didn't help and some of these apps i installed recently
any help would be appreciated

A:All Apps missing Icons

no answers huh?
guess i'll have to reinstall windows

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/50792-all-apps-missing-icons.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I am having trouble with the message APPS.INF files missing.I ran my XP cd but it says I am running on a later XP than the cd.Can you please help me ,I have tried everything

Relevancy 46.87%

Okay so when i installed W to my Laptop it originally installed a bunch of Microsoft Apps This i didn't mind The problem I have now is after its first update I found a lot W10 Missing Update after Apps of these Apps are set to Apps Missing after W10 Update my default Apps that they no longer work and they are now sitting in a section Other in my All Apps start menu option and i cant remove them This has been a problem for a while i figured Microsoft would work out whatever the issue is and fix it This however is not the case and my W wont allow me to change Apps Missing after W10 Update my default Apps every time i do as soon as i restart i find my default programs back to the none working Microsoft Apps Anyway to shorten this and round it out I have come to the realization Microsoft have no intention of fixing this issue and that i will have to fix it on my own On this note I started fixing up my PC and setting it up in a way that i am happy with it i went online trying to find a fix but i kept getting set to issue answers for anything else but this I want to remove these Apps but they aren't showing in my programs and features to uninstall and i cant remove them or go to folder location by right clicking in All Apps menu Now i get that i have probably made no sense so screen shots are being attached Attachment Attachment All Apps Under Other Section Area in pic surrounded in red are the default programs I'm talking about Ideally I would like to restore the apps however if that isn't an option i would like a way to remove them so they stop defaulting to my default apps

A:Apps Missing after W10 Update

Try this way
Goto Settings
Click System
Then Apps and Features
Give them time to load
Then left click and a message should come up
Move or Uninstall
Get back and let us know if this way worked

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/41862-apps-missing-after-w10-update.html
Relevancy 46.87%

In June 2015, HP demonstrated additional apps for the Sprout, including Stop Motion and Light Stencil. These do not appear to have reached the Sprout Marketplace. A forum post here in April 2016 raised the same question, and received a reply from an HP support Agent saying they would raise the oissue with the appropriate team. Has there been any more news of these missing apps? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Sprout-by-HP/Missing-Apps-for-Sprout-by-HP/td-p/5637141
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I need help with my windows 8

I cannot open any apps, also when I go to any website and I click in anything, I always get a pop up window (which is very annoying) and also my computer won't shut down and it doesn't request a password or anything.
The computer is less than 6 month old and was bought in the USA.
I need help.
Thanks!

A:I cannot open any apps

Hello Florencia, and welcome to Eight Forums.

At this point, you might consider resetting Windows 8 to start fresh.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/25018-i-cannot-open-any-apps.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Here is a copy of Hijackthis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP open not apps will Certain SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Novell XTAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ISS Proventia Desktop blackd exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exe C Program Files Novell ZENworks Certain apps will not open nalntsrv exe C Program Certain apps will not open Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Certain apps will not open ISS Proventia Desktop RapApp exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Novell ZENworks RemoteManagement RMAgent ZenRem exe C Program Files ISS Proventia Desktop vpatch exe C Program Files Novell ZENworks wm exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system NWTRAY EXE C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack tbmon exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Novell ZENworks NalAgent exe C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE issch exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files Novell ZENworks WMRUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe V HiJackThis v exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run IntelWireless C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run NWTRAY NWTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run ZENRC Tray Icon C WINDOWS system zentray exe O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run Network Associates Error Reporting Service quot C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack tbmon exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run OrderReminder C Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Application Explorer lnk C Program Files Novell ZENworks NalView exe O - Global Startup Desktop Manager lnk C Program Files Research In Motion BlackBerry DesktopMgr exe O - Global Startup GroupWise... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/certain-apps-will-not-open-197978.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a new laptop some of the apps have stopped opening .. I have checked the resolution and is ok .i have checked for updates but still can't get them to open ... Need help

A:Some apps won't open

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum.

Some great resources for troubleshooting windows store app issues on this tutorial:

Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8

Hope that helps

Cheers,
Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/41285-some-apps-wont-open.html
Relevancy 46.87%

For some time now, all my windows 8.1 apps seem to take for ever to open. I only use a few apps....weather, text now, one drive and maps. They take up to 30 seconds or more to open up. Anybody have any idea on why?

A:apps take for ever to open

After some looking around I found that it could be a corrupted store cache and to use woindows 8 app troubleshooter and WSRest.exe from the run command. After running the trouble shooter, it found some errors that couldn't be fixed. Then running the WSReset.exe which took some time complete....all my apps seem to open in 3 - 5 seconds now.

Troubleshoot problems with an app - Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/apps-take-for-ever-to-open-863610.html
Relevancy 46.87%

XP opens fine and I start to work Anywhere from minutes to several hours into the session Apps won't open for no apparent reason no program will open If I am working on a word processor document it will not save Apps won't open Ctrl Alt Del will not open Task Manager Once it did open after several minutes and it showed a SVCHost exe taking over of the CPU usage The message Host Process for Win Services has encountered a problem and needs to close pops up regularly During this period the cursor moves and open programs can be closed The red light on the tower is dark The little computer screens indicating internet usage are dark Even if only Thunderbird and Firefox are running the problem persists The only quot solution quot is to turn off the computer That s not easy Selecting the Turn Off Computer button on the Start menu fails Pressing the on off button on the tower fails Holding in the on off button for several seconds will turn off the computer I have done a complete scan with McAfee Anti-Virus and it repaired any problems it found McAfee runs continually I ran Uniblue RegistryBooster and it repaired any registry problems it found RegistryBooster is dormant unless I request a scan I have a second hard drive F G and I mirrored the main drive C D on April before these problems started Maybe that will be useful to you Thanks for any help This problem now happens every time I turn on the computer nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Since the update I haven't been able to open skype, netflix, or even pc settings. I also can't open the store. I really don't know whats going on or what to do. But i'm not paying $150 for a windows rep to fix it. I can't afford that tbh.
Please help honestly.

A:apps won't open at all??

Someone may be able to help, but they are probably going to want to know about what "update" you are talking and when it occurred.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apps-wont-open-at-all.1132181/
Relevancy 46.87%

My computer is new with Windows 8 x64

My problem is with the default apps on the start page. Most of the apps will open when I click on them, but some will not meaning they open and close right away. For example an app called photos and one called calendar won't open. If I right click on the app a check mark appears in the upper corner and at the bottom I have the option to unpin, uninstall or make smaller but no option to run as administrator. Is this my problem, and if so how do I correct it so it can run as administrator and if not how do I open them?

A:apps won't open

Hello bha, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if using the tutorial below to run the "Windows Store Apps" troubleshooter may be able to help.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter - Fix Apps in Windows 8
Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/20841-apps-wont-open.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a nearly fresh install of Win7 32 bit on a pretty modern machine. It has been intermittently laggy since I installed Win7 about three weeks ago.

Here is a list of symptoms:
1) Apps are slow to open
2) Double clicks aren't registered until 5-10 seconds later
3) Typing is slow on most apps, but only intermittently
4) Most Net browsing is very slow - not slow to load, but slow to react and slow to open new tabs & windows

System specs: quad core Pentium, NForce 750 mobo, Nvidia G9500GT card with 1GB, 4GB 800mhz RAM, cable internet and Buffalo router.

Any thoughts on where to start?

I don't think it's a system issue. Also, the Win7 install is super fresh. Further, it's the second install on the same machine (I thought I could fix the same issue with a fresh install). My experience index is 4.6 limited by the graphics card.

A:Slow to open apps, all Net apps slow, slow to type... laggy everything

OK so I isolated the following:

- Antivirus: I am running Panda Cloud, which is the same AV as on the PC upstairs
- RAM: checks out fine, 4 GB, same amount runs fine on the PC upstairs
- Vidcard: system performance seems OK if I do not switch between programs. That is, if I stay in one program for a while, the systems runs at an acceptable speed.
- Web browser: system lag is identical in Chrome, IE, and Firefox.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/146319-slow-open-apps-all-net-apps-slow-slow-type-laggy-everything.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall a Metro app that does not appear on your start screen or on your computer at all Here's what happened I went to the start screen this afternoon and somehow all of my metro apps except for Store and Explorer were gone from the start screen I go to the charms bar and the only apps that were Downloaded are Apps and reinstall Missing cannot listed under all apps were Store and Explorer Everything else has vanished And no I Downloaded Apps are Missing and cannot reinstall didn't install anything on my PC today or change any settings it worked fine this morning and then vanished this evening So I went into the store and it says that my missing apps i e People Mail Weather Netflix etc are installed on my PC even though they are nowhere Downloaded Apps are Missing and cannot reinstall to be found I click to re-download them They appear to install in the store And still nothing on the start screen and they are not listed in my apps So ultimately I end up doing a system refresh After that horrid process the only apps I have on my start screen are again Store and Explorer it didn't fix the problem Ugh I go to the store again and it is the same situation Says it is downloading and installing no error messages but nothing on my actual PC Out of curiosity I try to download a few apps that I did not previously have on my computer -- and they install and appear in my apps start screen perfectly I tried clearing the store cache doing the sync function and of course the system refresh The store says that the missing apps are installed but metro says they are not on my PC I cannot uninstall reinstall them because without them appearing on my PC there's nothing to uninstall and the store will not let me UN-install just install which does nothing Any idea what could be causing this or what I can do Thanks

A:Downloaded Apps are Missing and cannot reinstall

Finally. I found someone with the exact problem that i am having. I have been through the same process with the same results. Store says the apps are installed but they are no where to be found on the pc. I have also tried using the search function to find them by name. Did a windows refresh but it didnt fix anything. Does anyone know the answer to this? Im afraid to go through the process of reinstalling all of my programs before i get this resolved. Id hate to install them and then find out i need to go through a system restore to fix the problem! Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14175-downloaded-apps-missing-cannot-reinstall.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I built this machine and I'm still learning so everyone please bear with me Previously when I booted the Sys tray would show several applications that were loaded The Asus AI Suite II a clipboard utility and CPU temperature utility At some point I added another search utility quot apps Missing Jeez! tray else. UAC and something Everything quot but could not get it to load without a UAC popup I tried checking the quot run as administrator quot in the program icon giving full permissions etc nothing worked I just figured I'd have to live with it However now I notice that several other apps are no longer showing up in the sys tray even though I selected quot show icons and notifications quot I try to change some in the notification control and I get the quot this notification is not currently active quot Huh I placed shortcuts in the Startup folder and no go there either I'm not sure if this started when I screwed with the permissions trying to get Everything passed the UAC Is there some sort of reset for the sys tray I found this on the Microsoft site Notification area icons missing at startup or disappear after startup - Microsoft Answers It says make a new profile and transfer the old over to the new Would that not just transfer the problem What I really want is for machine to boot with the notifications of my apps showing up in the Sys tray and without me having to respond to the UAC every time Answers Suggestions Questions Windows Pro ASUS Rampage Gene Jeez! something else. Missing tray apps and UAC III i ATI FirePro V gb Corsair Dominator Crucial SSD gb Jeez! something else. Missing tray apps and UAC Drive WD T drive

A:Jeez! something else. Missing tray apps and UAC

A new account should start anew with everything. As for UAC, I have mine turned off, it would ask for permission no matter what I tried to open or start. Everything, of course, goes through files and it would make UAC warn you. It could be set NOT to run at startup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/173624-jeez-something-else-missing-tray-apps-uac.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm on my laptop and managed to of sporder.dll missing bad lots apps, transfer my HJT log with a portable storage devive but I'm having major problems with my desktop - Yahoo anti spy found and lots of bad apps, sporder.dll missing removed new dot net top rebates and ezula but i dont know if they did and sporder dll is missing and AOL is no longer connecting right Please look over my HJT log and help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC lots of bad apps, sporder.dll missing WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exeC Program Files America Online aoltray exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www timesunion com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS about htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page C Program Files AOL Toolbar welcome htmlO - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO SpywareGuardDLBLOCK CBrowserHelper - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeO - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe rO - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run WinPatrol quot C PROGRA BILLPS WINPAT WinPatrol exe quot O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeO - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYERO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeO - Global Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - no file O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - no file O - Extra button AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dllO - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dllO - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CABO - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http us dl yimg com download yahoo com nst current cabO - DPF - - D - B B- D B B ell Class - http www easports com d... Read more

A:lots of bad apps, sporder.dll missing

PLEASE, someone????????

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/6360/lots-of-bad-apps-sporderdll-missing/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone Right off the bat I must tell you I have only used Win afew times quot on this LT quot It belongs to a friend and I can usually gethim out of trouble This time not so much It is a HP Pavilion and that is really all I can tell youabout it Below is why When I power up the machine it opens to quot what I presumeis the Desktop quot OK However there is only the clock Wi-Fi and Batt ACicon on the screen There are no Apps showing no Charm Bar and no keyboardshortcuts work at all If I click any place on the screen it opens to a gmailsign in page and that is it I probably should also mention that I get nothing hovering mymouse in the lower right corner I didn't want to assume folks would knowthis Now the clincher is that this is his wife's machine and shecan't remember the PW for this gmail account So I can't even sign into it tosee if that even brings me anyplace beyond the gmail account One thing I did notice was that an automatic update diddownload itself while I was writing this I shut down and let them load andrestart hoping maybe all would be well on the restart Not that lucky Oh and did I mention he did not receive a disc with themachine nor was he in tuned to create a Rescue Disc Any ideas how to get him out of Charm All from and apps Bar Desktop missing this jam Thanks KAHSR

A:All apps and Charm Bar missing from Desktop

I suppose C-A-D doesn't work since you say no keyboard shortcuts work?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42318-all-apps-charm-bar-missing-desktop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic so move me if it's not, but I'm having what i would consider a bug. For some reason, every once in a while, my recent apps sidebar will disappear and my start button won't highlight anymore. It returns when i restart my computer, but it's an annoyance to reboot my computer every time this occurs. Anybody have any ideas?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46021-missing-recent-apps-sidebar.html
Relevancy 46.44%

when i click on the microsoft store it open for a second n close plz help me i m in trouble...// 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-10-apps-not-open/td-p/5706565
Relevancy 46.44%

i have a fairly new (3 months old) HP ENVY laptop running windows 10 (pre installed). i cannot open any windows apps eg sport, weather etc. i just get the message 'this app cannot open, check the windows store for more info'.
i cannot even get to the windows store as when i click on its icon nothing happens. i am the only user of this laptop and everything else works fine.
can anyone advise me on what i am doing wrong or need to do to rectify this?
many thanks.

A:cannot open windows 10 apps

I suppose you could try Services. Windows Store. Mine is set to manual trigger not sure if that is correct or not as I do not use it. if it is set to manual trigger or automatic try starting it if it is not already started.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/cannot-open-windows-10-apps-4594467/
Relevancy 46.44%

I tap the tile and it looks like it will open and the comes back to the home screen. No texts or calls are coming through. Only Facebook will open. I have tried a reset. Help!!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435900-apps-wont-open-lumia-635-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Good night ( Night here ) I have a laptop. I'll show you the system:

But, when i open the metro apps. My Laptop have a restart by itself, Until now

Can anyone help me? Its annoying

Thanks 8forums smurof8

A:Restart by itself while open Apps

What Metro app did it restart on? Or does it restart on every app?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30121-restart-itself-while-open-apps.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've just recently changed to windows10 I have'nt got microsoft edge but I know its around somewhere i'me thinking it may be in the apps store which if I can open it up I may be able to drag microsoft edge to the desktop. I cannot do it through cortana as its not working (see my other post 'cortana is not working').

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/how-to-open-apps-store-1148641.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all this is driving me insane My HP laptop has decided it just wants to sit there after I try to open applications A friend of mine reommended I download Combofix as he thought this would resolve issue it hasnt What I have noticed is that for the past few days if I have tried to open firefox it has come up with error that its already open but if I wait a few seconds it works fine The firefox prob happened once before and I hate to delete out a profile and bugger around with with another setting but I cant remember what I did ANother thing I have noticed is when an app does eventually open after about a minute it states its not responding up 7 Apps ages in take open Win to the top but then it disappears and app seems fine If you try to use arrow keys to scroll down it hesitates sometimes also does anyone have Apps take ages to open in Win 7 any ideas before this gets out Apps take ages to open in Win 7 of control Thanx Apps take ages to open in Win 7 in advance Ursh

A:Apps take ages to open in Win 7

Since you ran Combofix... Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6.  If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==  Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485973/apps-take-ages-to-open-in-win-7/