Windows Support Forum

3rd hard drive shows in device manager but..

Q: 3rd hard drive shows in device manager but..

...It initially didn't show up in 'Computer' (or My Computer). Device manager said its working properly.
I put the Vista Disc in (had to get a pirate one from someone because my disc drive won't read the official one all of a sudden) and tried to install Vista on this one as a way of forcing it to show, only to get an error code 0x8007000cl. I then split the new 1.5 tb drive into 98 gb and about 1300 gb via the vista DVD's drive list that comes up, partitioned the 98 gb, and now that smaller one at least shows up under 'Computer' but it still wont allow me to format it.

Any ideas please? Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 3rd hard drive shows in device manager but..

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 3rd hard drive shows in device manager but..

The fact that your system will not load your disk is worrisome, but I suspect you have a defective drive, or inadequate resources. Tell us more about your computer brand and model, or about the motherboard.
Is this a new SATA drive you are dealing with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3rd-hard-drive-shows-in-device-manager-but.139957/
Relevancy 102.34%

I've spent most of the night searching and cannot seem to find an answer to my problem so I registered with the hopes that someone here may be able manager, device My Drive shows not in Computer Hard to help I have a NAS set up with two TB Samsung Spinpoint hard drives The hard drives in the NAS were partitioned to have GB in a RAID and the remainder in a RAID One seemed to be failing so I removed it hoping I could connect it externally to my laptop and recover the data When I hooked it up Hard Drive shows in device manager, not My Computer to the laptop it seemed to connect fine but did not show in My Computer When I went to Computer Management Hard Drive shows in device manager, not My Computer - Disk Management it shows the partitions as healthy see image - Disk However when I right click on the partitions to assign a drive letter the only options available are Delete Volume and Help Same when right clicking the Disk all that is available is Convert to Dynamic Disk Properties and Help Any help would be greatly appreciated Hard Drive shows in device manager, not My Computer Thank you

A:Hard Drive shows in device manager, not My Computer

Did you try accesing the drivers from device manager ? (right click 'open')

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202735-hard-drive-shows-device-manager-not-my-computer.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I have a Western Digital 250 GB external HD that had been working perfectly until yesterday afternoon. It has been making this repetitive whirring noise *not the clicking noise of death* and it died before I had a chance to copy the data onto another external. When I plug in the USB it makes the connection noise, but autoplay does not come up and it does not show up in my computer anymore. I did look in device manager and disk management and it does show up but it had no drive letter and it says unreadable. (I've attached a screenshot of this)

i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/aadickinson88/ss2.jpg
i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/aadickinson88/ss1.jpg

Is there any way I can recover the data off of it? Should I just take it out of the enclosure and hook it up to a desktop pc?

A:External hard drive broken shows up in device manager but not My Computer

It sounds like the drive itself is dead rather than the enclosure. The repetitive 'whirring' noise likely is immediately following the click of death, just the click is pretty quiet on a lot of notebook drives. If yours is a full size (3.5") drive in that enclosure, then perhaps you are right and the click of death isn't occurring.

In either case, its not going to hurt to hook it up internally, because even if it doesn't work you aren't any worse off than you are now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-broken-shows-up-in-device-manager-but-not-my-computer.163770/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi there,
I've been having a hard time with my secondary hard drive showing up when I go into the "computer" option under my start menu. It does appear under Device Manager though.
I've reseated my cables numerous times, purchased and used new Sata cables, and I'm also running a new motherboard. I've also changed and disabled all my sleep options already.
I recently switched to using a Primary SSD for my programs to be installed on but ever since switching over to my SSD my HD no longer appears and I can't save anything to it.
Any advice? Thanks.

A:Secondary Hard Drive Disappears in 'Computer' Shows in Device Manager

You seem to need to assign the drive a path. Do this:
1. Open the windows search bar by pressing the windows logo in the bottom left corner of your screen
2. Search disk
3. Find the option labeled Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions
4. Select it
5. Find your hidden disk
6. Then assign your disk a path and it should appear in My Computer

Hope I helped!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/361894-secondary-hard-drive-disappears-computer-shows-device-manager.html
Relevancy 83.42%

HI PEOPLE,
MY CD/DVD DRIVE ON MY WIN XP HOME SP2 PAVILLION t3310.it PC SHOWS ON DEVICE MANAGER AS OK, BUT DOES NT SHOW OR SPIN WHEN ANY DISC IS INSERTED. I REMEMBER HAVING LOADED NERO 7, THEN EXPRESS BURN SOFTWARE AND NTC CD/DVD CREATOR ON SAME PC. IT WORKED FINE TILL 5DAYS AGO WHEN I TRIED TO BURN SOME VIDEO CONVERTED CLIPS . IT TOOK SO LONG, DID NT BURN AND AFTER THAT MY DEVICE STOPPED WORKING.
AM DESPERATE. I FOLLOWED A LINK ON A SEARCH THAT SENT ME TO THE REGISTRY TO ELIMINATE "UPPERFILTERS/LOWER FILTERS ONLY TO MISTAKINGLY DELETE MY KYBD AND MOUSE.
NOW I'VE DONE A WHOLE NEW REINSTALLATION OF WINDOWS BUT STILL THE PROBLEM PERSISTS.I CHECKED ALL CABLES, EVERYTHING IS INTACT.
IT SPINS WHEN I REBOOT THE PC BUT IT WONT ON ANY CD INSERTION.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
THANX.

A:CD/DVD drive (TSSTcorpCD H552D) doesn't work but shows in device manager

Despite what the Device Manager says the drive could still be bad. In the Device Manager check under IDE ATA/ATAPI controller to see if any of the controllers have changed to PIO mode instead of the faster DMA or UDMA mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drive-tsstcorpcd-h552d-doesnt-work-but-shows-in-device-manager.133405/
Relevancy 82.13%

I am trying to access files on a hard drive from a different computer which will no longer load the OS. I have connected the hard drive using a usb adapter. When I plug it in, I get a notice that the device is ready to use, but it does not show up in Computer.

It is visible in the disk manager. There is no drive letter assigned and the options to do so are grayed out. Most of the options in device manager are grayed out, except for 'delete volume' and 'help'.

A:hard drive w/ usb adapter- drive shows in disk manager, not computer

Welcome to the forum,

Can you post a maximized screenshot of your full disk management window.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234307-hard-drive-w-usb-adapter-drive-shows-disk-manager-not-computer.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have an external device that allows you to read IDE hard drives via a USB port I have five different hard drives that I ve tried to read with this device Each time the computer running Windows XP recognizes the USB device by plug and play says quot new device found hard disk quot and then shows in management, explorer not drive hard device in says quot your device is ready to use quot And each time the hard drive DOES show up in device management under disk drives and says quot the device is working properly quot Try updating the driver says the driver is up to date hard drive shows in device management, not in explorer BUT it does NOT show up in windows explorer nor in disk management I ve tried each hard drive on two different computers and get the same problem each time I ve tried restarting the computer no luck I ve done searches on the internet for this problem and apparently it s a known issue but nobody knows what to do Any ideas nbsp

A:hard drive shows in device management, not in explorer

From the way you described it to me it sounds like it's probably going to be an issue with the device you are using to read the IDE drives. What is the brand and model number of it? I'm thinking that the device is either faulty, or like you suspected the drivers for it are poop.

Do a google search on the device brand name and model number to see if you can come up with new drivers for it.

When / where did you purchase the device?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-shows-in-device-management-not-in-explorer.753662/
Relevancy 79.55%

After 3 years for performing great my other Dell will now not boot as the "set-up" shows, "unknown device" for my hard drive. How do I try to fix that? Disconect ribbon cables and re-install them? I'm sorta at a loss. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Relevancy 77.4%

OK the system is a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista Home It has a gb hard drive and all of the system specs are as set up from Toshiba It s about years old Previously I had partitioned off a nd drive from the main hard device manager in not Hard drive drive to function as a storage device so Hard drive not in device manager the one gb hdd is separated into a gb main partition and a gb storage partition The PC is my Fiancee s and she recently complained about her computer not working right and said she thought she had a virus Every scan I ran came back negative but the PC was definitely exhibiting strange behavior several unassociated programs randomly not working properly anymore the laptop running half as fast as it used to taking forever to boot losing file associations all sorts of weird stuff So I backed up the data and went to clear out the storage drive join it to the primary and just upgrade to Windows Here s when it gets weird in My Computer I still have full usable access to the C drive and the nd storage partition Everything shows up and reacts just the way it should The drives are recognized in the BIOS as well obviously since the system boots and all that But when I go to Device Manager I don t see a listing for Hard Drives at all There are no unrecognized or unknown devices and no devices with any errors and a Add New Hardware search results in no changes Worse yet when I go to properties on a right-click of either HDD partition and go to Devices the only devices that are even listed are my physical DVD drive and the two mounted virtual drives No HDD shows up in Devices under the properties FOR my HDD Even worse when I go Disk Management the only devices that show up are the DVD drive and the two virtual drives I have mounted through the DVD burning software The hard drive itself isn t even listed as a disk let alone the partitions inside it To be clear the only thing I see are the three DVD drives in the lower available devices list and the only device listed in the upper active devices list is the physical DVD drive with the Windows upgrade disk now in it Additionally when I run setup for Windows it doesn t see either partition and says there are no available storage drives to install to Trying to load the device drivers through the W install program just results in no devices drivers found and it wants me to install the device manually because it doesn t see one I ve never seen anything like this Any ideas nbsp

A:Hard drive not in device manager

hiya,try removing the HDD then replace and try,it could also be a rootkit virus on your machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-not-in-device-manager.988277/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hard drive has 5 parts to it in device manager could someone have a look at this picture as i only had one device when i clicked on small triangle in device manager for my old hard drive. In this new one i have 5.
thank you in advance

A:Hard drive has 5 parts to it in device manager

Unless I am wrong that is only showing that your mobo has 4 sata I guess sataII ports. If using only 1 drive that is chann 0.

You notice the numbers skip a few. That should mean other chips and or drivers run other ports on your mobo say for ide or sata 1.5 or sataIII ports? I would guess looking at it channels 2 and 3 are ran by another chip or controller and are a different speed or interface?

Normally different interfaces use different color sata connection ports on the mobo. They can be black blue gray and white maybe other colors but is so you can tell them apart and should be listed as so in your mobo manual.

The other ports may or not show until drivers are installed or a drive is plugged into the said other ports. Windows and or the mobo bios will default to the main sata ports which in number count should be more than other ports. If a sataII mobo you might have 4 or 6 or 8 normal drive ports and maybe 2 to 4 what ever other ports for say sataIII etc.

If you have the yellow triangle that means you need to install drivers- or w7 might install them for ya..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/161902-hard-drive-has-5-parts-device-manager.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I recently plugged in a Showing WHERE ELSE in NO Drive up Hard Manager Device Hard drive on an open port on one of my IDE cables to check it for a friend It named the hard drive quot G quot I already had a hard drive named quot G quot so it messed up all my HDD drive names but I dont think thats the problem When i uninstalled my friends drive and went back to my original config one of my HDD s was missing in quot My Computer Hard Drive Showing up in Device Manager NO WHERE ELSE quot and in quot Hard Drive Showing up in Device Manager NO WHERE ELSE Disk Management quot However the drive DOES show up in the device manager - it shows up as a SCSI DEVICE all other drives show up as they should IE Maxtor G J SCSI Disk Device etc How do i get this drive to show back up in Windows I have tried everything quot Update driver quot quot Disable - Enable quot quot Uninstall - Reinstall quot Is their anything i can do I am running XP SP w ATA IDE Promise card ASUS P PE board GHz P GB DDR nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

Ive got two optical drives, a CDROM and DVDROM, they are both on the same IDE channel.

I was having problems with the DVD ROM showing up under "My Computer" so I had a look around and checked everything was set up correctly, DVDROM is on the Master and the CDROM is on the Slave, the little connectors are on the correct things and everything is physically setup correct.

I was looking through device manager and noticed that the DVD ROM isnt showing up under "DVD/CD-ROM Drives" but I did have something else, under "Disk Drives" there is a third device with my two existing hard drives, this is labeled "SCSI Disk Device".

Looks like my DVDROM is showing up as a hard disk :/ Ive got no idea how to fix this. Hoped that some of you might

Relevancy 76.54%

Here's the situation:
Hard Drive: Western Digital
Is this a mounting problem?? If so.. how do I mount the drive?
Original problem is that the pc wont start on boot. I pulled out the drive and put it into an external enclosure and connected it to my other pc vis USB.
The drive powered up; began spinning; no strange noises etc.
The pc recognizes the connection of a USB device but it does not show on the computer other than the device manager. According to the device manager, the device is working properly and make and model is correct.
Yes, this is where you tell me to reformat but I need the data! Part of my thesis that didnt make it to the backup drive!!!!! I would appreciate any suggestions you have!
Thanks!

A:Hard drive not visible except only in device manager: Help!

How was this "bad" drive formatted? NTFS or FAT32?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-visible-except-only-in-device-manager-help.88030/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,
My integrated speakers and audio port do not seem to be working. It happened after I was playing around with bluetooth trying to get that to work. Now only bluetooth is able to connect. 
So far I have tried:
System restore
Deleting and redownloading audio drivers
Adding legacy hardware for Realtek
ePSA test was able to hear the tones
The audio logo has a red X through it and only the bluetooth headphones drivers appear in device manager. Any ideas what might be the issue and how to solve them? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19991757
Relevancy 75.68%

I have sata hard drive and ide drive in my machine The gb sata is c drive but missing Device Hard active Drive is CP from Manager in and the gb ide is Hard Drive missing from CP but is active in Device Manager d drive where is store all my progs films etc Usually when i re-install xp i have to disconnect d drive otherwise windows labels it c drive and we get into all kinds of mess So thats what i did when i tried to install windows rc Disconnected D drive and installed Win on the sata drive which was connected Come to reconnect the drive and win crashed saying some hal dll file was missing disconnected the drive and win works again So i thought ok i will try and install win with the drive plugged in and connected Installation goes fine and win goes on the sata drive as Hard Drive missing from CP but is active in Device Manager it should Hard Drive missing from CP but is active in Device Manager but now i dont have a d drive When i look in device manager it is showing up as online and working but nothing is showing up on my computer I plug my usb removable hdd in and it picks that up as e drive seeing the dvd has taken d drive But for the life of my i cannot figure out how to get this drive showing in my computer Many thanx for your help in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228867/hard-drive-missing-from-cp-but-is-active-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi.

I was normally using my computer, when I suddenly noticed one of my hard drives disappeared from My Computer. Checked the Device Manager, I get the following. Trying to initialize it throws up this error:
Seems to spin just fine. Trying different USB ports failed, switching cables as well.

Already tried a few programs. GetDataBack for NTFS throws up error 1117. R-Studio also fails, as does DMDE and MTY. My friend even borrowed me Microsoft DaRT (part of MDOP), but when I boot into it, it doesn't recognize the HDD at all, no matter how hard I try. Only my W7 installation does.

Anything I can do in this situation? I had a lot of important data on it, and it's not completely dead yet. Maybe I can still save it somehow, without haivng to pay one of those data recovery thieves...

A:1TB WD USB hard drive failure - is in Device Manager, not initialized

have you tried wd data lifeguard tools?

since I don't know which drive you have I can't post a direct link to it for your drive but here is a link to all of them.
WD Support / Downloads / Select Product

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/190399-1tb-wd-usb-hard-drive-failure-device-manager-not-initialized.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I tryed to make a system back up but it keeps failing with error code x windows cant find a disk/device in hidden Hard drive manager backup device went into disk manager and found that my external hard drive that I had plugged in to make the Hard drive hidden in disk/device manager backup on was present and working fine the strange thing was that i couldnt see my internal hard drive I did the command promt quot devmgr show nonpresent devices quot this enabled me to see the disk in device maneger but windows was telling me that the disk was not connected to the system system restore wont work and like a fool i deleated my previous backup image to make room for the new one I also tryed startup repair and this failed to find any errors I should point out though that windows explorer shows my internal hard drive which is the drive my OS is running from but disk manager refuses to show Hard drive hidden in disk/device manager it and i dont get a quot show hidden devices quot in the view tab either I also have XP installed on a different partition to run some old stuff i like to use and the disk manager in xp is also hiding my hard drive any ideas

A:Hard drive hidden in disk/device manager

So which OS do you have Vista or 7? You cannot have both so you should not be in 2 forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/121554-hard-drive-hidden-disk-device-manager.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Here s the situation I have hard disks On the first disk Hard gone but manager drive bios/device letter ok in I have all of my programs and the operating system On the second disk I have all of my data I did this intentionally so that I could format the first disk and preserve all of my data Hard drive letter gone but ok in bios/device manager on the second This configuration has Hard drive letter gone but ok in bios/device manager worked fine for approximately one year Yesterday I formatted the first drive and reinstalled WinXP Now I am unable to see the second hard drive in Windows Explorer The system bios recognizes the second drive Likewise when I look in device manager I am able to see the second drive There are no problems there and it is reported as working correctly I can also see the second hard drive in the Disk Management utility from XP The second drive is reported as Healthy Unknown Partition However - this disk is not available to me from Windows Explorer There s no drive letter I have tried to manually assign a drive letter but it s quot grayed out quot and is not selectable as an option The command line utility diskpart shows my drive as hidden but I am unable to unhide it Is there any way for me to get this drive back other than starting over and therefore losing my data Any ideas help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Rodney nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

I have a big problem. I booted my computer and I got a BSOD with no error or driver. So I used another hard drive to boot from, and my main hard drive doesnt show up under my computer. I looked in device manager, and it is there. Im using a program that will recover my data, and so far it found the partition, but I was wondering---

1- how do you read data from a raw hard drive
2- if i have a registry back up and i copy all of the files, then will the hard drive boot

Thanks! Happy Holidays

Relevancy 74.39%

In device manager I have this Unknown Device showing up "ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0" and I have no idea what it is.

Any suggestions in helping to solve this one would be a great help. Google brings up Intel VIIV for Media Centre but doesn't help me very much.

A:Unknown Device shows in Device Manager

its a asus driver for windows xp refer to http://www.voodish.co.uk/articles/asus-dri...y00012daba3ff0/if your having problems then refer to http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/818672srry if this isnt helpdul its a 2 sec job using yahoo search

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266943/unknown-device-shows-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have just installed a new hard drive. (Maxtor STM3160815AS 160GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 8MB Cache) The OS detected the new drive on start up but it wasn't displayed in My Computer. In Device Manager drive was displayed and it says that the drive is working correctly. I installed the drive in the second SATA port of four as the first already had a drive plugged into it.

I did notice that one of my optical drives also disappeared. I tried unplugging its power supply but this didn't help the hard drive problem.

Any idea what I should do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
(Windows XP Pro SP2)

A:Solved: Installed hard drive not detected in My Computer but seen in Device manager.

Is it partitioned, formatted, have a drive letter?

Right-click Computer > Manage > Disk Management.

Is the CD-ROM in Device Manager and working properly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-hard-drive-not-detected-in-my-computer-but-seen-in-device-manager.658572/
Relevancy 73.96%

Well i m getting riiiigggghhhhh at the end of my tether here I m running a Toshiba Laptop ghz mb of ram BIOS Toshiba version updated Windows XP professional SP Right so i purchased a Western Digital gb hard drive and mounted it onto an external case with USB This external case has a volt adapter with am max W The hard drive is set on Master note i have anoter USB gb seagate drive that works like a charm connected to same computer Here is the problem i connect up the gb HD to one of my ports THe computer happily runs that new USB mass storage device says hello Then everything goes to hell I opened up explorer expecting my lovely new HD 200gb management. manager, in not visible drive Device disk hard to appear Uh oh this is goign to be one of those long 200gb hard drive visible in Device manager, not disk management. days week really I opened up disk management expecting to find it there and only needing a new drive letter assigned but nope the new HD is not there just the two i already have internal and external gb Its as if my computer refuses to acknowledge it Next i go to device manager and lo and behold there is a new entry under disk drives that says quot 200gb hard drive visible in Device manager, not disk management. Disk Drive quot So here i m thinking what the heck is going on I contact Western Digital demanding nicely for an explanation We go through all the usual basics and crap ie viruses spyware and drivers All drivers are up to spec USB Xp SP and as far as i know there are no specific drivers for Western Digital hard disks only their diagnostic tools which can 200gb hard drive visible in Device manager, not disk management. t even seem to find the connected gb model Windows diagnostic seemed to find it i ran a quick test and it says Error cable error So i dutifully swapped out the cruddy cable with the cable from my other hard drive Now it disappears The reeeaalllyyy frustrating thing is that it works on a computer with freaky deaky windows on it Sooooo windows XP is too good for it or what Its a recent model gb WDC JB for crying out loud So here are the things that are reeealllyy p me off the fact it works on other computers the fact that its spinning round and round as if its was mocking me the fact that my computer can t decide whether to accept it or not So in a few days my computer is not going to be looking good as i constantly pound it into the ground So any suggestions guys nbsp

A:200gb hard drive visible in Device manager, not disk management.

take it easy, there's nothing wrong with your computer. the hard drive case needs it's own drivers or you'll have to return it and get a different (and possibly better) one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/200gb-hard-drive-visible-in-device-manager-not-disk-management.26812/
Relevancy 73.96%

USB Hard Drive when I connect the drive I get a constant bell sound and watching Device Manager shows a yellow ! with "USB Device" constantly appearing / disappearing... it will do this forever. All Flash drives work fine (I have several).

No issues until after I installed SP3.
The drive works fine on my laptop with SP3 but it is my backup drive for my desktop!
After SP3 install updated all the drivers for the PC and it made no difference, same problem.
Formatted the drive using my laptop and tried it, same problem.

Anyone?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a84c93e-d276-4a99-8373-5025c7a02cb9/usb-hard-drive-will-not-connect-device-manager-constant-appearing-disappearing?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello,
I've just pulled a 160Gb hard drive from a second machine with various data on it, which I want to keep. I've stuck it in my primary machine as a slave, and the BIOS recognises it no problem. It is apparently there in system, device manager, but if you look for it in Explorer it isn't there.

Looking at local disk management, my primary hard disk (0) is classified as basic (rather than dynamic), but the second drive (1) is classed as dynamic and foreign. I appear to have two options, import foreign discs, or convert to basic disc. What is the difference between the two options? And which do I do if I don't wish to lose any data?

I'm running XP SP2 etc.
Thanks,
Jonathan

A:Solved: BIOS sees additional hard drive,s o does device manager but windows explorer does not

Well I think this should help you out.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314343

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-sees-additional-hard-drive-s-o-does-device-manager-but-windows-explorer-does-not.398121/
Relevancy 71.81%

OS - Windows XP
Chipset - Atom
Device manager shows blank.
USB devices doesnot work (Mouse connected to USB port) is not working though the LED in the mouse glows.

A:Device manager shows blank

Device Manager requires the Plug and Play service
>Start, >Control Panel, >Administrative Tools >Services
post back the status of that process - is it running

No Items Appear in the Device Manager List When You Open It

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-shows-blank-688152.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have been having issues with my new iphone4, and when prompted to trouble shoot by looking for the device in the device manager, none of my devices show in the window. Also, I cannot turn off User Account control to stop the consistent pop ups asking for permission to do anything. Any help you could provide would be appreciated. I am using an ASUS G2 laptop, running windows Vista 32bit.

A:Device Manager shows no devices

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-hardware/device-manager-is-blank/51a16b23-d188-4501-91c0-0a257a643e4b

As for UAC, use this simple utility and set uac to quiet mode: http://www.tweak-uac.com/home/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442851/device-manager-shows-no-devices/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi There I ve had two issues in the past couple of months which you folks as shows on Device DVD-ROM Manager Solved: CD-RW have helped me solve I m hoping that this one is easier I ve just bought a quot Solved: CD-RW shows as DVD-ROM on Device Manager new quot used computer that s the same as the one I had problems with It didn t come with a hard drive or OS but it had a valid Windows XP Pro COA I installed the OS my printers drivers updated Windows Service Packs etc on a hard drive Everything s good EXCEPT I tried to burn a CD with the CD-RW It was unsuccessful Going through Device Manager it s reading the CD-RW as just a DVD ROM Thinking the CD-RW was defective I swapped the CD-RWs from the two computers The quot new quot one worked fine in the other computer and the other CD-RW showed as a DVD-ROM on the quot new quot computer Does anyone know what s going on and how I can fix it It s still under warranty by the seller so I can return it within the next couple of days if it s a serious problem but I really like this computer-it s got a faster processor than my older one Thanks for any help I can get nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

After reinstalling Windows XP Pro on Dimention 4700 I lost sound and connect to the network.

Device Manager shows a yellow ? in next devices:
Ethernet-controller
Video controller
Video Controller (VGA-compatible)
Multimedia audio controller

Advise how to fix it.
Thank you.

Relevancy 71.81%

After reinstalling Windows XP Pro on Dimention 4700 I lost sound and connect to the network.

Device Manager shows a yellow ? in next devices:
Ethernet-controller
Video controller
Video Controller (VGA-compatible)
Multimedia audio controller

Advise how to fix it.
Thank you.

A:Device Manager shows a yellow ?

Do not double-post.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/1032954-device-manager-shows-yellow.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-shows-a-yellow.1032956/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody can help me with an issue that I have with one of my computers. My old motherboard went bad, I replaced it with a similar model ( I had a MS-6547 v1.1, now I have a MS6547 v2.1 or MAX. I notived that in my device manager, all my PCI devices show 8 times and with an exclamation point. I formatted the harddrive, installed windows xp, sp3. same issue, usually my NIC card does not need the drivers from the floppy, in other words, the Cnet pro 200 actually works after I format my HD. Now even if I try to install the drivers, it will not recognize them. Same thing happends with my video card and a USB 2.0 card. I formatted my drive again and installed XP ( no SP). Same issue, please help, thanks.

Tico

A:Device Manager shows 8 of the same device

This is the link to get drivers etc. for that board :- http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=499

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-shows-8-of-the-same-device.723648/
Relevancy 71.38%

hey, i found this odd my pc in the hardware manager thing says Radeon 9800 pro And beneath it says Radeon 9800 pro Secondary. Now this is just a shot in the dark but could the pc think there is 2 installed and could that be causing some of my random reboots? my pc works when it wants i get a bunch of hassle with it all new parts and i cant figure out the problem quite this is just one of the things that i ponder if u can think of anything let me kno. im also going to upgrade my psu just because i have extremely low amps on the 12v rail and every forums answer is "upgrade psu" so y not. ok thanks again. give me some thoughts!

Relevancy 71.38%

Recently I moved and now when I try to boot up my Nothing up shows Device or Connections Network Manager in laptop I have the above problem My system was running perfectly when shut down just prior to moving and all I did was disconnect the cable internet and router having set up a wireless LAN over years ago Temporarily at my brother s home while trying to find my own place I fixed a bunch of problems on Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections his system including DSL issues in advance of setting up a router so I d have internet access w my laptop When I got around to firing up my Sony Vaio and went to Network Connections lo amp behold there was NOTHING in there yet there had been at least - connections that I d dfinitely not deleted There was no Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections View Available Wireless Networks link either While troubleshooting the issue I went to Device Manager and NOTHING shows Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections up in there either When I select View resources by Type I get an Error msg stating MMC has detected an Error in a snap-in etc Soon the system started having problems booting but finally would after - attempts then give an Error Msg w these details System Recovered from a serious Error --Error SignatureBCCode e BCP C BCP A D BCP A B CBCP OSVer SP Product Error Report ContentsC DOCUME Michael LOCALS Temp WERd dir Mini - dmpC DOCUME Michael LOCALS Temp WERd dir sysdata xmlThis is very weird in my experience I ve since Googled around and found suggestions like enable PnP was already enabled that it might have to do with Group Policy settings which I surely didn t change or ever even set and things like that Also found some registry edits workarounds and a couple Hotfixes from MS yet don t wish to just experiment with what might work and end up only making the problem worse Saw Hotfix but seems to be more for right after installing SP which I did months ago Arghh OS Name Microsoft Windows XP ProfessionalVersion Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Manufacturer Sony CorporationSystem Model VGN-FS System Type X -based PCProcessor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel MhzBIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD R J SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWSSystem Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot Total Physical Memory MBAvailable Physical Memory GBTotal Virtual Memory GBAvailable Virtual Memory GBPage File Space GBPage File C pagefile sys I need my computer up and running now as I ve many critical things I need to get done especially after all the down-time spent moving Thanks in advance for suggestions If more info s needed let me know as I m working on this non-stop until rectified and have my brother s PC for net access to check back Thanks

A:Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDA kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn?t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade). The problem with this info...is that a "driver issue" can be many things, as many applications...hardware...and XP itself...all employ drivers.So does malware.I suggest doing a search of your system for any .dmp files and then following the procedures outlined at Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/ Any other known system anomalies?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257793/nothing-shows-up-in-device-manager-or-network-connections/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have searched and searched....gone to gateway (the PC is a 5200s - Windows XP home) and downloaded driver after driver....and still no luck. The Divice Manager still shows the 'ethernet contoller' as an "other device". Alittle history: This is after a 'system restore' that i wiped all the old hard drive info. Everything works, no viruses, nothing slow, nothing wierd....just the device manager saying my ethernet controller does not have any drivers installed. Like I said, i run the Network setup wizard, make my computer the one that directly connects to the internet, and run ethernet to a router that in turn runs a PS3 and a laptop. So it works, but it says it doesnt. Any advice?

A:Ethernet works but still shows up in the device manager

You say you have installed driver after driver. By any chance have you uninstalled the ethernet adapter and then reinstalled it? Then installed drivers?

Just a thought.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/246914/ethernet-works-but-still-shows-up-in-the-device-manager/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello all,

I have just finished building my first system form the ground up. My problem is not what I expected, as I was waiting for a major catastrophy...LOL

On post, and in the device manager, the info about my processor is wrong.

Here is what I have:

ECS KT600-A Mobo
Athlon 2400XP
512 Kingston DDR 333
ATI 9000 Pro
WinXP Pro

On post, and in the device manager, it shows that my CPU is only an 1800+ and 1.5 gig. This was bought in a retail box from a respected dealer here, and I understand this to be a 2 gig CPU.

Is there something I have to do in the bios to recognise the full spec of the CPU?

I have been at this all night, and I am now off to bed. I will look for responses in when I get up.

Thanks in advance

Parm

A:Device Manager Shows wrong info

Go into bios and check your FSB setting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-shows-wrong-info.209089/
Relevancy 71.38%

Installed a 1.5tb wd caviar green i bought on boxing day today

hd is detected in bios
Started up windows, windows automatically detected and installed the driver, but i dont see the drive in explorer.

I can see the drive in the device manager but it is not even detected by the westerm digital data lifeguard diagnostic program.

Any thoughts?

A:wd green1.5tb shows up in device manager, but nowre els

Have you formatted it? Are all data cables plugged in firmly at both mobo and drive? All power cables plugged in firmly?

Try Disk Manager... START ---> All Programs ---> Administrative Tools ---> Computer Management (Or right click on Computer and choose Manage)

Now go to Disk Management... What do you see there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/69578-wd-green1-5tb-shows-up-device-manager-but-nowre-els.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I've had this 2TB Ext hdd 1021 for about a year and it's worked perfectly up until today. I don't want to reformat or anything like that, as I have nearly the entire 2TB worth of memory filled with films and TV shows. It won't read when it's hooked up to any of the ports, it doesn't show up in disc management, but it does show up in device manager. But now that I have it showing up there - now what? The drive still won't open nor (obviously) play any of my films/shows on it. I want to - at the very least - extract the data from it and move it elsewhere.

A:2TB Ext HDD 1021 shows in device manager, won't play

Probably the cheapest way to figure out if it was the enclosure or the drive that crapped out on you is to buy one of those drive dock devices that looks like a mini-toaster. Then pull apart the enclosure, extract the drive, and stick it in the dock. If the drive works, you're in business. If it doesn't, short of sending it to a recovery service (which would probably cost a couple grand) the data's as good as gone.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56972-2tb-ext-hdd-1021-shows-device-manager-wont-play.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Please tell me if I m in the wrong area of this board But a friend living hundreds of miles away uses XP and ran an quot unasked for quot Pop-Up utility that said he had computer problems because of malware or spyware some unnamed entity had installed on his computer Unfortunately he doesn t remember the name of the properly" in doesn't or device "This is Manager, CD-ROM shows Device show but working quot so called spyware detector remover quot but he fell for the quot Warning quot and ran the program to CD-ROM shows "This device is working properly" in Device Manager, but doesn't or show quot check quot his system Of course as most CD-ROM shows "This device is working properly" in Device Manager, but doesn't or show those unrequested detect remover programs do it found many quot so called serious quot problems But would Not quot fix clean them quot unless he payed for the program From THAT point on his CD-ROM wouldn t work which it had dependably always before the Device Manager that it quot is there quot and what make model it is and also says that it is enabled and working properly but it isn t working as before And the Icon disappeared from from the My Computer folder I guess that program somehow did something to it in order to force people to pay for the program to quot fix it quot and othe so-called problems Has anybody ever heard of this Can you help me get his CD-ROM accessable and working dependably as before Please thanks jA-- nbsp

A:CD-ROM shows "This device is working properly" in Device Manager, but doesn't or show

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-shows-this-device-is-working-properly-in-device-manager-but-doesnt-or-show.420491/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have an ATI my graphic card Device VGA as Manager shows Standard radeon card After i installed Windows the display device in device manager has been showing as Standard VGA Graphics Adapter I have used windows previously too on the exact same system except i added a tv tuner card a year ago dont know if that matters but never encountered this problem The hardware IDs show up as PCI VEN amp DEV F amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV F amp SUBSYS PCI VEN amp DEV F amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV F amp CC When i google these it shows as ATI but why doesnt my device manager show me the same Even my ATI catalyst Control Center does not launch after installation and the driver details in my device manager remain unchanged too All the videos and media appear extremely pixellated even on LOW res I have not made any changes in BIOS ALL i tried was uninstalling the standard vga from device manager rebooted and let it reinstall but that didnt change a thing Please help

A:Device Manager shows my graphic card as Standard VGA

AMD Driver Autodetect
does it detect your card as ATI radeon 5450 card? does it install the driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/215961-device-manager-shows-my-graphic-card-standard-vga.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Recently completed my PC Build.
Everything is fine except my HDD. It is a Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200
It shows up in the device manager and states it is working correctly.
However it does not show up in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers.
I attempted to initialize what i'm assuming is my HDD however 2 problems.
Firstly, It only shows the disk as 3GB.
Secondly I can't do it as it pops up with an I/O Error.
So, as you can imagine i can't write anything, thus making my gaming computer rely on a 100gb SSD for now..

Weirdly, it does not even show up on my BIOS. I have changed around the SATA ports around to see whether it is the MOBO and even the cables.

Does anyone have a fix or is my HDD probably faulty?

A:HDD shows in Device manager, I/O Error,Only showing 3GB Capacity

Hi jord52, Welcome onboard.

Check your Seagate drive with SeaTools for DOS SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use (Option 2 Recommended)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359322-hdd-shows-device-manager-i-o-error-only-showing-3gb-capacity.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have quite some experience with win98 'ghost driver' issues and have been sucessful in repairing them. In my new-to-me laptop with winxp, I have multiple monitors listed in device manager as 'default monitors' along with extra batteries and an extra fan within system devices within device manager. I know these extra items slow my 'puter, but for the life of me, I am unable to use the procedures with success, that have been previously so successful in win98. Any advice in resolving these nagging issues would be much appriciated. Thank you in advance for any efforts made on my behalf.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-shows-multiple-default-monitors.369306/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I just built a new computer and I had my first problem I m relatively advanced with computers but this one is over my head Here Optical Device Drives shows Manager SCSI IDE as it is I have one optical drive It s a Pioneer DVR- DBK It s IDE and set to Master All other drives Device Manager shows IDE Optical Drives as SCSI are HDD and they are all SATA The main issue i m having is that i can t boot into linux live cd I ve tried versions of Slax and versions of Knoppix These CDs work perfectly in my other computers They load up to a point and then give me a limited kernel Back Track was kind enough to tell me that it may be because i have unsupported hardware such as SCSI or PCMCIA-CDrom That led me to look in my Device Manager There i saw that windows sees the drive as SCSI Another odd thing is that the virtual drive i created in Alcohol is also listed as SCSI The cable i used to plug it in to my mobo was definitely IDE Device Manager shows IDE Optical Drives as SCSI My Bios sees it as IDE in the boot device priority menu I tried disabling the SCSI RAID host controller in my device manager and it disabled the dvd drive i suppose the windows install disk supports scsi because that worked no problem I think that this issue is also keeping me from being able to complete a burn of a Dual-layer DVD I ve looked all over the net for answers and can t find any please help me Any advice is welcome I think i ve put everything in here but if you need anymore information from me just ask THANK YOU in advance nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

SATELLITE A135-S4527

I am having problems getting the internet. I see all these adapter devives and I can not uninstalled them. I think that an virus or shywares are cause the problem. How can I fix this problem. I add an attachment to this thread, Thanks

Relevancy 70.52%

Good afternoon guys my name is Tamara. I'm a Mac girl so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I just purchased a 24" all in one desktop from Dell with Windows 10 for video/picture editing. Anyways, when I connected my WD My Book (that has worked flawlessly on my MacBook, and it has a bunch of videos and pictures stored) it doesn't open automatically and when I looked under File Explorer its not listed on the left side either. However when I opened Device Manager it was listed under "Disk Drives" and "WD Drive Management devices." Do you guys have any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

A:WD My Book 2TB Shows Up In Device Manager But Doesn't Open

Hi Tamara and welcome to Tenforums.
I think this has to do with formatting incompatibilities. The common format that both Windows and MAC can read is FAT32.
Probably should look at trying out the free version of HFS for Windows, to allow it to read and write to a drive formatted for a MAC with HFS File System.
https://www.paragon-software.com/home/hfs-windows-free/

Hope that helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64494-wd-my-book-2tb-shows-up-device-manager-but-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

On a fresh clean Windows 8 image, my software driver (signed) installs fine and shows up properly in the Device Manager. However once i uninstall it , subsequent reinstalls show up as 'Unknown Device' in the Device Manager.

From the device details, I find that it refers to /looks for the .inf file in c:\windows\inf folder but the file itself is missing from the location. The FileRepository has all the required files. But trying to update from there also fails.

Could anyone help me with troubleshooting this problem. What could be going wrong.

Thx,
Gita

A:Device manager shows "Unknown Device" on reinstallation of driver

Please fill your system specs to get help efficiently.
What is your computer make/model?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9796-device-manager-shows-unknown-device-reinstallation-driver.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I've tried everything possible to get this problem solved and I'm out of solutions. New Sony laptop has Authentec Inc AES1660 biometric finger print reader. The Oem sony drivers and the latest install fine and the device shows up fine and working under device manager but windows 7 x64 under control panel biometric shows the device as "Unavailable" neither the protector suite or Authentec software work b/c windows does not recognize the device being there. I have looked all over the net and I'm not the only one with this problem. Others who made similar posts on Authentec website have not received any response.

Hoping someone here has a solution?

A:Biometic Authentec Unavailable but shows up fine in Device manager

I have no experience with any finger print readers. But here are my thoughts:
The device is recognized and working in Device Manager and that means the system and OS are ready to use it.
I'm thinking the device does not show up in Control Panel because it now must somehow be 'connected' or 'started'. You know how you connect a camera or USB stick for the first time, and drivers are loaded for the device, then "your device is ready to use", but when you unplug the device it disappears from the system. It's ready to go, but just disconnected.

I would check the manual to see if there is a way to activate (connect or start) the device. It could be an Fn key (similar to the volume keys, etc) to toggle the device on and off on the keyboard. Or software that is supposed to be installed to create some sort of Control Panel. There might even be a switch on the laptop.

It seems logical that there would be a way to activate/deactivate the device on as as-needed basis.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/287287-biometic-authentec-unavailable-but-shows-up-fine-device-manager.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Everest shows 3 unknown devices but device manager doesnt?

my soundcard dissapeard today, i can still pick it up using "Unknown Devices"

and EVEREST

although when i try to run audigy 2 drivers, it`s telling me there are no supported devices in the system, anyone know how i can force the REAL device manager to see these devices?

it seems only everest and unknown devices is picking up my soundcard, it also says AUDIGY from CREATIVE.........it just is not appearing in device manager for some reason so i am unable to actually install it........

please help if anyone has any ideas thanks.

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I have reinstalled my pc with windows XP but after the installation there is an error with the ethernet controller in the device manager Can anyone help me with finding the right driver to solve this problem Here is Satellite WXP A200 installation manager After device shows in error information from my pc SYSTEM Host name THUIS- IP-address User name THUIS- Description Operating system After WXP installation Satellite A200 shows error in device manager Microsoft Windows XP Professional version build Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Build Install date - - Service pack Service Pack Model Satellite A BIOS TOSHIBA version V date - - Manufacturer TOSHIBA Version V Date - - Serial number K Motherboard TOSHIBA ISKAE version After WXP installation Satellite A200 shows error in device manager Manufacturer After WXP installation Satellite A200 shows error in device manager TOSHIBA Product ISKAE Version Chassis Notebook Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz architecture x MHz Name Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz Manufacturer GenuineIntel Max clock speed MHz Architecture x Level cache size KB Socket type U E Version Model stepping Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz architecture x MHz Name Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz Manufacturer GenuineIntel Max clock speed MHz Architecture x Level cache size KB Socket type U E Version Model stepping Physical memory GB Memory slot GB Bank form factor SODIMM memory type Unknown Capacity GB Device locator M Bank label Bank Form factor SODIMM Memory type Unknown Manufacturer Speed Max capacity GB Memory slot GB Bank form factor SODIMM memory type Unknown Capacity GB Device locator M Bank label Bank Form factor SODIMM Memory type Unknown Manufacturer Speed Max capacity GB Disk TOSHIBA MK GSX GB Caption TOSHIBA MK GSX Size GB Manufacturer Standaardschijfstations Interface type IDE Media type Fixed hard disk media Bytes per sector Heads Cylinders Sectors Tracks SOFTWARE Atheros Client Utility Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba Version Geluiddemper v cd dvd-station Version High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB Version Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Intel R PROSet Wireless Software Version Marvell Miniport Driver Version mCore Version mDrWiFi Version mHelp Version mIWA Version mLogView Version mMHouse Version mPfMgr Version mPfWiz Version mProSafe Version mSCfg Version MSXML Parser Version mWlsSafe Version mZConfig Version REALTEK GbE amp FE Ethernet PCI-E NIC Driver Version Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Version Texas Instruments PCIxx x xx drivers Version TOSHIBA Accessibility Version C TOSHIBA ConfigFree Version TOSHIBA Software Modem Version SM ALD TOSHIBA Supervisorwachtwoord Version C TOSHIBA-zoomutility Version c PROCESSES acs exe C WINDOWS system acs exe ACU exe C Program Files Atheros ACU exe agrsmsvc exe C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe CFSServ exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe CFSvcs exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe explorer exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE freepcaudit exe F freepcaudit exe hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe iFrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe lsass exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe RegSrvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe RTHDCPL exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE rundll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe services exe C WINDOWS system services exe SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA-zoomutility SmoothView exe smss exe C WINDOWS System smss exe spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe TCtrlIOHook exe C WINDOWS system TCtrlIOHook exe TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe traybar exe C Program Files Camera Assist... Read more

A:After WXP installation Satellite A200 shows error in device manager

Go to Toshiba download page under http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp and search drivers for Satellite A200 PSAE0E.

As I can see WXP LAN driver is there and it is version 5.664.205.2007.
Can you please install it and see what will happen?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?51994-After-WXP-installation-Satellite-A200-shows-error-in-device-manager
Relevancy 69.66%

I've had this problem with my Windows 7 64bit OS ever since it updated a while back (I'm not sure what updates).

The wireless adapter that was already installed stopped working, then two successive new wireless adapters (both usb) failed to work as well. The computer just refuses to detect them (although it beeps to indicate it knows a device has been plugged in)

A lot of the methods I searched for to fix this issue told me to look in Device Manager, which is empty... which then sent me on another search to figure out how to fix that.

None of the methods I've found have worked (Editing permissions etc).

I'm tempted to just re-install Windows, but I thought I'd ask here first.

I'm not sure what information is required to help me, so if you ask I'll try my best to supply.

A:Wireless Adapters won't install, plus Device Manager shows empty.

Please complete/update your pc specs, so we can help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/267797-wireless-adapters-wont-install-plus-device-manager-shows-empty.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello, I have a computer with win98 upgrade loaded onto it. In the device manager....it shows a device it can't find to load...it's:
PCI PARALLEL CONTROLLER.

I don't know what that is or where to find it so I can load the drivers and get rid of that yellow mark.

Can you help me...thanks.

A:Device manager shows: PCI PARALLEL CONTROLLER with that yellow mark ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-shows-pci-parallel-controller-with-that-yellow-mark.68024/
Relevancy 69.66%

My computer is staring in black screen where it gives you options to start windows normally or in safe mode. I looked in device manger and it shows yellow ? marks under other devices next to coprocessor, other PCI bridge device, SMBUS controller, and video controller. How do I fix these?

Relevancy 69.66%

My first post I m the computer-geek for our small school in Bangkok We have computers and they all have pirated OS My plan after problems windows install device shows Solved: manager is to get a genuine version of Windows for all the machines In reformatting of the computers already and installing they both come up with device manager problems for the ethernet adapter audio adapter video Solved: device manager shows problems after windows install adapter I ran Everest and it says i have a VIA P M chipset VIA VT Rhine II fast ethernet adapter VIA AC enhanced audio controller and a VIA S Unichrome video adapter The last few days i have been on other computers that could connect to the internet to download the drivers for these devices and installed them on this problem computer - nothing changed I have uninstalled devices drivers had the quot Add hardware wizard quot refind them etc but nothing changes This problem is the same on both of the computers i reformatted and installed Windows pro on Any suggestions on what to do nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

son just bought a d600 dell laptop. wireless card is suppose to be internal. when he went to device manager under network it did not show the card. does this mean no card or does he need to install the driver? would really appreciate..

A:dell d600 shows not wireless card in device manager

What's the 7-character "service tag number" of that Dell?

Is that a Dell Latitude D600? If it is, it has both wired and wireless network adapters.

In the Device Manager, what's listed in Network Adapters and Other Devices? Spell them exactly as you see them listed there.

You didn't mention which version of Windows it's using. From what I can determine, the Dell Latitude D600 came with XP.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-d600-shows-not-wireless-card-in-device-manager.935967/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have windows professional x acer veriton G GB hard disk GB installed ram and GB ready boost usb device m motherboard and GHz to GHz processer BUT NOT AUDIO OUTPUT all the time around two years back my brother installed windows XP on this pc and everything was fine after that he installed windows and that was running well but after some times audio drivers started vanishing some times when I use to start my pc for first time in the day audio drivers were vanish and on restart drivers were there again situation stayed same for yera I reinstalled drivers manager I yellow but a installed shows triangle device o audio windows but this time drivers were totaly gone I installed drivers from internet from DVDs stilll helpless I tried to instal l I installed audio drivers but device manager shows a yellow triangle o win XP I installed audio drivers but device manager shows a yellow triangle o but some of the files were not copying in the system so reinstalled other version of home premium home basic professional ultimate no difference with this as well once my drivers were installed successfully and I installed audio drivers but device manager shows a yellow triangle o thee was audio output with the same problem of on st start audio is vanish and on restart t was back again now I am sick of this condition I have downlaoded and installed real tech HD audio codec drivers and thoes are shown installed in control panel and raeltech files are there in localdisk C in the fiolder of program files but device manger is showing an exclemation mark on audio device sign and says NO AUDIO DEVICE IS INSTALLED please provide me a solution I am a student of a virtual unioversity and without audio putput I cannot attend my lectures

A:I installed audio drivers but device manager shows a yellow triangle o

Please open Device Manager, and then post a screenshot of the Properties for the device with the triangle. I would also suggest ensuring that your audio/sound card is connected properly, or if it's a onboard sound card then it may even be broken.

How old is your computer?

Update your System Specifications with Speccy, and then copy this information into your System Specifications: Go to your UserCP, and then select Edit System Spec in the left pane. Copy the information from Speccy into the required fields. These System Specifications will then follow your every post.

I would strongly suggest installing some form of ant-virus protection on your computer.

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware

Information
Remember to install the free version of Malwarebytes not the free trail; untick the free trial box during installation. MSE is the most lightweight and compatible with the Windows 7 operating system

You can also view this thread for a complete free and lightweight security protection combination:Good and Free system security combination.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310174-i-installed-audio-drivers-but-device-manager-shows-yellow-triangle-o.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,
My toshiba extrnl 1tb hard disk changed to raw aftr abrupt power cut whn drive was cnnectd to pc. After sum research tried method of test disk on win 7. I followd the procedure and writed partion. But aftr rebootng nw disk changed to unallocated. I tried initializing disk to mbr but it shows cyclic redundancy chck error. And also whn i run test disk nw. It show partion read error. I backdup my data frm drive nw. But also dnt want to lose my drive.
I treid all, chkdsk also but drive dosnt have drive path lettr so i cant run chksdk mthd also. I also use 3rd party app to rebuild mbr bt it aso faild.
Plz can u suggest, wat can i do to save my drive.

My above prblm can be bettr undrstand by you in followng link video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=synoVfeZl_g

Awitng ur rply

A:1tb hard drive shows unallocated & shows error cyclic redundancy error

Hello and welcome Kishor now I have gut feeling that drive night have been damaged by the sudden power failure it could have affected the platters themselves or the controller unit.
Now I think you need to test the drive using this SeaTools for Windows | Seagate or a purely physical surface test see this Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition. run it and see my pic on how to set that up. It tests the actual surface of the platters and to some extent the ability of the read / write heads.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/342569-1tb-hard-drive-shows-unallocated-shows-error-cyclic-redundancy-error.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have laptop Lenovo N580 using windows 10.  My cd drive ST500LT012-9WS142 worked a month ago isn't now. disc driver is turning but can't listen or rip songs onto computer.  This happened once before but can't remember what if anything the fix is (maybe it just started working again).  I tried updating drive says most current one is on machine.Tried going to command prompt admin with suggestions I had seen (reg.exe add ?HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0? /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001)  message says sucessfully completed.  Still not working. Hopefully someone can help me get these songs on computer so I can get them on MP3.Thanks, 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/cd-player-turning-and-drive-shows-there-at-device-manager-but/td-p/3432607
Relevancy 63.64%

The hard drive is a Western Digital 320 GB that I've had plugged into this computer before (and worked). Then i got a virus and had to do a recovery of windows.

Ever since then I can't get windows to recognize/show it in my computer. I just "disabled" and "enabled" it in device manager to no effect. I have a C, D, and E drive which are: two partitions on the hard drive, and then the CD drive (respectively).

So i'm stuck, not sure where to proceed since it's obviously not the hard drive itself, I use it on my xbox all the time. What next?

A:External Hard Drive doesn't show up in "my computer" but does in "device manager"

Does it show in Disk Management ? ?
Right clik My Computer...select Manage...then Disk Management.
Find the drive...right clik it and select Properties.
Report back with your findings.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/276295-external-hard-drive-doesnt-show-up-my-computer-but-does-device-manager.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My wife s system has no sound I did an upgrade install of XP pro hoping that might take care of it to no avail The card shows up in the device manager as working properly but in the sounds applet in control panel it says no sound device is installed sound shows device card no up in Sound manager I have tried delting the cards and reinstalling from scratch I ve tried installing a different card none of those things work I have spent many unhappy hours trying to make the thing function again The system is running XP SP AMD athlon Gigabyte GA VT L gig memory Onboard sound or Soud Blaster Audagy sp The system I am using now is the same configuration and it has never had a problem I should say that her sound worked until a browser hijack got through Once I cleaned it up the sound was gone Having systems set up the same way I thought would make troubleshooting esier Nope I have all the same services running as her box and I have sound I m out of ideas short of a reformat and reload She teaches school and has a TON of little programs that would require me to spend all my free time fo the next month reloading her box I am out of ideas Dennis nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-shows-up-in-device-manager-no-sound.566860/
Relevancy 62.35%

As the title says Device Manager shows "RAM: 8GB (3.2GB RAM usable)". Why is my other 4.8GB not usable? Please tell me it is not eaten by Windows or similar

A:Device manager shows "RAM: 8GB (3.2GB RAM usable)"

Hi there .. You are using Windows 32 Bit according to your Specs which only supports 4 GB ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313360-device-manager-shows-ram-8gb-3-2gb-ram-usable.html
Relevancy 62.35%

With drive sectors, health drive smart hard 2 bad my is good but shows data my Seagate GB sata hard drive the re-allocated sectors count shows bad sectors in the Ubuntu disk utility for the smart data In this multi-boot desktop PC the XP with a my hard drive smart data shows 2 bad sectors, but drive health is good drive monitor program called Active Smart shows this drive health status as good including that reallocated sectors count item so is this not to worry about for now or what I do monitor the hard drive temperature which does stay cool enough in the seventies up to about F Or can this be caused by mixed partitioning methods since the new way is now align to MiB and not align to cylinder as it was I used the GParted tool to create and change partitions when it was set as default to align to cylinder but then I recently used both my Vista Disk Manager and the newer version of GParted to re-size some of the partitions which both now use that align to MiB method by default which often has near MB gaps between partitions then nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hard-drive-smart-data-shows-2-bad-sectors-but-drive-health-is-good.955462/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a backup drive that we had used for for a while (WD 6000aak), previously in an external drive enclosure. I connected it today via USB to find that the computer has the driver installed, the drive appears in the Devices list, but it does not show in My Computer. In "Disk Management" the drive appears but is not assigned a drive letter. Also, all the options for the volumes are greyed out and cannot be selected - thus I cannot assign a drive letter.

I have tried this on multiple computers. I have also removed it from the enclosure and connected the drive via SATA... the result is identical. I checked the bios and the drive appears there.

The drive does spin when powering up. It is hot (even though it cannot really be accessed).

Any suggestions? Is this drive done?

A:Hard drive installed, shows in Drive Mngmnt, in Bios, but not in Comp.

Go to Disk Management, in the bottom part of the screen, right click the drive, select 'change drive letter or path', next window select add, next window select a drive letter from the drop down box. For an external drive it's best to use a letter lower in the alphabet. If disk management wants to initialize and format it, don't do it if there is data on it you don't want to lose. If no data or if you don't care, go ahead. It will show in computer when a drive letter is assigned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/336639-hard-drive-installed-shows-drive-mngmnt-bios-but-not-comp.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hi! im newbie here! i bought a new acer laptop and the laptop has preinstalled OS which is... i install windows xp Sp2 . . a prompt appear says there's a 2 partition . . the other one is fat 32 i think den the other one is named unknown . . i delete the partition named unknown and convert it to ntfs after that the windows xp successfully installed den when i check the capacity of my hard disk it shows only 35 GB while the true capacity of my hard disk is 80gb . . my problem now is where the other 45 GB now . . can i resize the the 35 gb to 80 gb? thanks

Edit: Please us proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

A:Hard drive shows 35gig, even though it`s an 80gig drive?

That other "unknown" partition would most likely be your ACER Recovery Partition where you can reinstall your OS in the event of a windows OS being corrupted..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-shows-35gig-even-though-it-s-an-80gig-drive.58580/
Relevancy 61.49%

I ve connected an external USB drive but when I go to My Computer it shows it as a network drive In addition it gives it the same name as the mapped network drive that already exists there When I change the name of the external drive there it then changes the name of the mapped network drive so again they both have the same name although the drive letters are different Any ideas how to make the external drive appear where it belongs in My Computer under Hard Disk drives I m also seeing some other odd behavior on this computer and since External as up drive hard drive network shows a it may be related I ll mention it When I first opened my Computer it showed the same networked drive repeatedly with every letter from F thru Z I deleted them all except one but now every time I reboot I get a logon connect dialog that asks to reconnect one of them So with each reboot it is adding back one of the duplicate mapped networked drives that I had deleted I expect it will eventually end up with all the alphabet letters like it was when I first sat down at this computer My main concern is to get the external hard drive to appear where it belongs Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I have an old Western Digital drive that came with Dell Inspiron One and replaced it after years There are some files I need from it now and I'm trying to connect via usb to sata The WD volume does not show up Device Device not old found driver internal drive from hard WD USB SES I got to device manager and found it listed in in unknown devices and it needs a driver to install Where do I go to find the driver Western digital site basically said that I need to go to the manufactures webstie dell for the driver but once im on dell i see nothing that hints at a Western Digital Driver Here is the Wester Digital info from there site Here is WD SES Device USB Device driver not found from old internal hard drive Dell Website of the model I use drivers section B Dell Inspiron One Drivers Download for Windows XP Vista EDIT I think I found it would it in fact be this driver It is listed on the availale drivers for the model I have after entering my express service code I assume it is but would feel better if someone could confirm this to be true Western Digital WD AALX WD AALX WD AALX WD EALX RPM SATA Firmware UpdateView details R exe Hard-Drive MB

A:WD SES Device USB Device driver not found from old internal hard drive

could installing that drivers mess up my computer. I'm using another similar Hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359253-wd-ses-device-usb-device-driver-not-found-old-internal-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I bought a new DVD-drive today and tried to install it, but it only sees my old CD-RW drive. They work if one is unplugged and the other is connected. If both are connected at the same time, then it only reads the CD-RW. When the other is disconnected, it gives the other the drive letter 'D'. Why won't it recognize both or how can I change the letter on my old one? The Device manager won't let me type another name in for the old CD-RW.

How can I get it to recognize both?
The brand of the DVD-drive is Pacific Digital and the CD-RW is Samsung.
I am using Win. XP on an eMachines T1440; Intel Celeron at 1.4 gHz.

Thanks,

Stephen

A:[SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't see new DVD-Drive, but does see my old CD-RW drive!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-device-manager-doesnt-see-new-dvd-drive-but-does-see-my-old-cd-rw-drive.112760/
Relevancy 61.06%

Under Device manager I have a ! under the Hard Disk Controllers....It reads as follows

!Primary IDE controller (single fifo)
Standard Dual PCI/IDE controller
!Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller

*So I have a explanation mark next to the first and third one...

My sytyem is a Pentium 133/16-ram and a 1/2 Gig HD running win-95

Any help would be great, thanks....

Relevancy 61.06%

hi
few days back i have completely formated my hard disk with the help of seagate seatool.Then i have installed windows xp sp3. i have made 4 partitions at that time ie. c,d,e,f. After that i have installed windows 7 now i cant see my hdd in disk management or in device manager. both device manager & disk management are showing me my external drives like pen drive. so what may be the problem. plz help me.

A:cant see hard drives in disk management or in device manager.

Can you post a screen shot Disk management & Device manager?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

Screenshot tools.
Screenshot with Paint
Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap
Fscapture free download

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/90682-cant-see-hard-drives-disk-management-device-manager.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I bought an internal SATA drive to connect external to clone my new computer. After cloning the the new computer to this drive it only shows 225GB total space on the drive. Is there anyway to correct this where I see 1TB on the drive

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158565.0.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

I have an old hard drive for my pc that I would like to use as a backup device. Since it is not in my machine (and I don't want to put it back in), I am looking for a device that allows me to connect it via usb to use to backup my work.

I am sure I have seen these a while ago and they cost around 10-15, though I can't remember what they are called or what they look like, so I'm not sure what to be looking for.

Can anyone help?

thanks,

gubar

A:Device that let's me connect an old hard drive to use as backup device?

external usb enclosure

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...n=external usb enclosure&bop=And&Order=RATING

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/device-that-lets-me-connect-an-old-hard-drive-to-use-as-backup-device.91624/
Relevancy 60.2%

Ok, so I got a new asus P8z68-V pro motherboard.
Im re-using my current 750gb SATA drive.
I plugged it into the sata port, and start the computer.

When it starts it says "no hard drive is detected!"

I go into the bios, and on the bottom it has a disk drive, and a SATA drive.
It recognizes that the sata drive is there, but when i go to start up it says no hard drive is detected.

I have tried a few different sata ports and it is the exact same thing.
Any idea how to fix it, i am getting very frustrated at this point
thanks a lot

A:"hard drive not detected" but the hard drive shows in bios

is it your windows drive, or an extra storage drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184509-hard-drive-not-detected-but-hard-drive-shows-bios.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My thinkcentre M53 (type 10DE) was upgrade to Windows 10. Since then, I need to conect a thermal ticket printer to it and it does not recognise the device.  My printer only shows in other device has a hard drive of 2MB. I have reboot, upgrade every possible driver, change power management setting, tried every usb port available on the machine, changed USB cable of the printer (7 different cables), hooked my printer on another device with windows 10 and it function perfectly. Use that same driver I have on the other machine to add my printer manually and nothing happens. I run out of option since I am not a tecky! HELP please

Gp 58 problem file.pdf ?305 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M53-shows-my-printer-has-an-hard-drive-only/td-p/3458311
Relevancy 60.2%

My laptop using Windows XP had a virus. The Geek Squad said to erase it clean i.e. put it back to it's default settings. I backed up the files to an external HD and put it back to it's default setting. Now C: drive shows it's almost full but thought I erased everything when I cleaned it. The virus is gone. How do I get my space back so put back what I saved.

A:Shows Hard Drive Full It's Not

go to search and search all files on hard drive, once done arrange by size and see what is taking all of your space. report back.

for kicks go to C:\WINDOWS\Temp first and make sure you dont have tmp file eating your space

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/shows-hard-drive-full-its-not-346586.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I have a Maxtor 500 gig Hard drive. I got it a while back as a gift and never had a chance to use it until I got an external case for it. However, when I first started the HDD up, my computer only registered a 150 gig hard drive. I thought that was odd, so I tried to reformat it, but I kept on getting only 150. I tried atleast 3 different external cases and they all gave me the same result.

Does anyone know how to fix this or have anything that I can try to see what's wrong with my Hard drive?

Thanks.

Relevancy 60.2%

I have only one hard drive active but when I go to my computer, it shows 2; a C: and a D: (Fat) There are some folders and data on that D: (Fat) drive but I am not sure what it is. I would like to get it back down to one hard drive. Please help. Thanks.

A:I have only one hard drive active but shows I have 2

is your hard drive partioned
use fdisk in dos

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-only-one-hard-drive-active-but-shows-i-have-2.66102/
Relevancy 60.2%

When I use Disk management, it shows disc 0 with several partitions and a disc 1 with no partitions but 14.91 GB. What is this second disk, and if I delete it, where does that 14.91 GB go?

A:one hard drive shows as 2 discs

@tizzy?, welcome back to the forum. Does disc 1 have a lable that tells you what is supposed to do, such as, HP TOOLS?  If not, and you are certain that there is nothing on it that you need, the space will simply become a part of the free space. You can go into File Explorer to This PC / right click on the partition and select Properties.  This will tell you what is on it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/one-hard-drive-shows-as-2-discs/td-p/5724807
Relevancy 60.2%

Issue My shows only Hard 8GB (40GB) Drive GB Maxtor hard drive only shows GB in my computer C Drive properties I m moving this Disk to a quot newer quot PIII computer Hard Drive (40GB) shows only 8GB Request I m looking for direction to make it see it all Note I am aware of some issues with BIOS s not recognizing the Hard Drive (40GB) shows only 8GB disk although I don t know how to go about correcting this issue Any help direction appreciated Details Singel Partition - contains WinSE MSOffice loads of software BIOS was originally set to auto have since changed it to quot User quot Bios details User Size MB Cyln Head WPcom Sec LBA Mode on BLK Mode on PIO Mode Bit Mode on SYSTEM INFORMATION - - MY COMPUTER BIOS Type American Megatrends VER BIOS Date Memory Mb Drives A DISC DRIVE C HARD DISC GB FAT D COMPACT DISC PROCESSOR Description intel Pentium III Vendor GenuineIntel Speed MHz Type Primary Count CPUs found Features FPU RDTSC MMX iSSE OPERATING SYSTEM Description Windows SE Platform Windows Version Build nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

OK..

This is weird.

I have a newer system...(see specs...) and it uses a Sata drive. Then, on the IDe, I have plugged in a 200 gig hard drive.

I leave my computer on at all times, and after I have left it on over night, the drive disappears!

I have desktop links to my drives, and the one that links to my secondary gets the terror inspiring red question mark next to the symbol of the drive.

When I restart the computer....it is there. However, when I let it go to screen saver mode, (which eventually shuts off the screen and turns off the monitor...), god knows when the drive disappears.

ANy ideas or help please??? Thanks friends!

Relevancy 60.2%

Hey

I have a dell dimension 4550 series, with XP service pack 3
I was doing some clean up on my pc and noticed my c drive says I only have 55 gigs when it should be 80 gigs

Can anyone tell me why my pc is doing this and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

A:My 80 gig hard drive only shows 55 gigs

have a look in disk management and see if there is any unallocated space

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-80-gig-hard-drive-only-shows-55-gigs-348212.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello A friend of mine has a strange problem He just bought a Lenovo laptop with windows vista on it and a hard drive of GB A few days after he bought the computer the hard drive started to show that it s not hard that it's really but shows full it's drive more and more full and after a few days it got completely full But he didn t put anything new hard drive shows that it's full but it's not really on it during these few days I looked at the content of the hard drive with spacemonger and it showed that the disk is really full But when we calculated how much was space was actually occupied it was only about GB GB vista stuff GB music GB pictures a little bit of documents I made some space by disabling hibernation and deleting some pics and music but after a few days the disk got full again I reformatted the hard drive only one on this computer and installed everything fresh thunderbird firefox office endnote ccleaner nod There was GB free A few days later and no new additions or installations the hard drive is full again Anti virus spyware scan is clean What could be the problem Thanks nbsp

A:hard drive shows that it's full but it's not really

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/capable.mspx

here's your system requirements for Vista OS. So once read it appears you would need a total of 55 Gigs just to run the program. Memory suggested is at least 1 Gig. Is this a new computer with Vista installed? They sure didn't leave much in the way of a hard drive to work with. Have you gone onto the Vista site and downloaded the program they have to check your system specs and determine whether it's a good OS for this computer? Maybe someone else knows something more but that is the best I can do. There are other forums here that deal with Microsoft Vista and you might have better luck posting there. Let us know...Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-shows-that-its-full-but-its-not-really.646280/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I have a wd 250gb hd which crashed. have it connected to another computer. shows up in bios and device manager, but not in "my computer". disk management shows it as unallocated. I'm trying to save/recover important files.

any help appreciated

A:hard drive shows as unallocated

Get Partition Wizard free and start its Partition Recovery Wizard, select the HDD, disk and quick scan. See if your files/folders show up. Screenshot the results and double click any partitions and screenshot them too. Post all here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/375905-hard-drive-shows-unallocated.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am a Drive files, all shows some not Hard salesman in a tech department of an office supply store and I had a customer issue stump me today She had an external drive with lots of files on it she wanted to access I took the drive plugged Hard Drive shows some files, not all it into a Windows machine HP quad and all of the files appeared no problem But then I plugged the seagate drive into her new Toshiba laptop also Win and only some of the files appeared Missing were all photo files and many other types I could not figure out why some were missing and some showing I took the drive to a third computer with Win an MSI all-in-one and behold files were missing Now it seemed almost arbitrary Could it be a matter of some Windows updates not yet installed Why would the exact same drive work differently on three different computers in regard which files were seen and accessible None were quot hidden quot files What on earth can cause this

A:Hard Drive shows some files, not all

This doesn't seem to describe a problem with the drive to me, but rather how the systems are looking at the media files.

My first shot would be to reset default file associations on her laptop.
Default File Type Associations - Restore

Some installed media programs can cause issues with looking at media files specifically.
I don't think it would be the disk itself as the files are either there or not and shouldn't be visible on any computer if they are not actually there.

A second question - was this a simple usb external or did it have its own power adapter included?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/165882-hard-drive-shows-some-files-not-all.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop Win XP Home edition, 80 gb Hard drive, The hard drive shows 71 gb used and 8 gb free, When I do a count of all used space I come up with 8 gb used and 71 free.

I have ran Windows Defender, Avast, McaFee, and Reg Fix programs all to no avail.

I have defragged, removed file compression, ran chkdsk /f, looked in to all temp folders and removed all files, examined all log files I can not find a problem.

Does anybody have a suggestion for me to try next. I am now thinking I may have a corrupt hard drive.

A:Hard drive shows full when it is not.

When it comes to hard drive space you need to understand there is "administrative overhead" for each file on the drive. So there is a difference between drive physical size and available freespace. With 71gb on an 80gb HD, you ARE out of freespace.

There is a very nice tool to show you your actual hard drive status, WinDirStat (freeware).

Look at the screenshot using WinDirStat, note it has been customized to show freespace and I disabled the other "maps."

Notice the difference in the Size of C: and Free Space.

To help free-up HD space:You should run Disk Cleanup in the System Tools menu at least every other month, just do not delete compressed files
You should Defrag your HD, your problem is you don't have enough space to do this, it will fail.
Try a 3rd-party Update Cleanup tool (see suggestion below) to remove the backup files for old updates that you know are OK. I suggest keeping just a year's worth.
Look at Add/Remove Programs for entries on JAVA, remove all but the latest (see comment below)

Update Cleanup tool: Update Cleanup (shareware)
This will remove the backup files use to Remove updates and the Add/Remove Programs entries WITHOUT touching the update logs so Win Update will still see them as installed. Once updates have been on your system for a a long time without any problems, you are not going to be removing them. So you don't need the backup files hogging HD space.

JAVA: If you have JAVA installes, you may note that there is a separate entry in Add/Remove Programs for each version. For whatever reason, when you update JAVA it ADDS the update vs replacing the older version. You should see how much space the update takes next to the entry. Keeping the latest version and removing all the older versions will save HD space.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-shows-full-when-it-is-not-233986.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My hard drive (500gb) shows that it's FULL from My Computer window.

But after running some tests, i KNOW that it has 322GB of free space!

Why is it showing full! This is stopping my other programs from running properly b/c they think my hard drive is full

help!!

A:Hard Drive shows full (but it's not!)

turning off system restore solved this...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hard-drive-shows-full-but-its-not-323459.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, Recently i've noticed my system is only using 2gb of ram and is running really slowly. I run a Rampage III Motherboard with 6gb of ripjaw ram. However only 2gb of ram is being used for some reason.
I read a bit about going into the bios and looking for a "memory remapping" setting but there was not one.
I also unchecked the box for max memory in msconfig > boot > advanced options.

Any suggestions would be great!

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I see there are other posts on this topic but so far I haven t been able to solve my problem Dell XPS M XP sp I don t have Nero or Roxio My dvd drive has simply disappeared from windows explorer and from Device Manager It doesn t respond at all when i push the eject botton I have tried the Upper and Lower Filters fix but beside being able to remove just the Lowers as there were no Upper nothing has changed I have removed te drive and put it back into place several times I don t think its recognized by the Bios but I am not sure about that what should i see when pressing F at start up if it were Is the drive connected by IDE or ATA Under the voice IDE ATA-ATAPI controllers in Device Manager everything seems ok so can rw device drive in missing dvd manager I ruled out a connection problem and go ahead and buy a new drive I wouldn t want to get a new one to find out the problem is somewhere else Is there a way to find out if the connection is ok I don t have another drive i can test it with unfortunately Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone, I see this has been posted before but I have tried the options listed and it still isn't working. I didn't pay much attention to when it disapeared but it is gone now. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, I checked the bios and nothing has changed there, I checked the registry for the upper and lower filters and they are not there. I also downloaded the firmware and Windows won't let me install it because there is no matching drive, I even pulled another rom drive from a working system so I know it is good and still have the same problem. I went back 2 weeks and removed all the updates, I don't have system restore set back long enough to get it back. Is there any other ideas?

A:Device Manager not recognizing CD drive

Hardware is recognized in the BIOS but not in windows. Did you try re-install of drivers for the hardware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-not-recognizing-cd-drive.766619/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Vista installed I uninstalled Vista and used my existing copy of XP Professional After From DVD-R Missing Drive Device Manager installing drivers from HP s website all was DVD-R Drive Missing From Device Manager well and the computer was in full working order A few weeks ago I noticed that my DVD burner was not listed in My Computer After further investigation DVD-R Drive Missing From Device Manager I discovered that it was completely gone missing from the Device Manager as well with no exclamation marks or errors to indicate a device error or driver issue The device is not discovered with quot Add new hardware quot Simply put the drive has disappeared from XP I am positive this is a problem with XP as I can boot from the drive fine and the installation of XP on another partition shows the DVD-R Drive Missing From Device Manager drive working fine Furthermore I can repair the bad XP installation with no problems but upon booting back into Windows after the repair the drive is missing I frequently use Virtual CD-ROM drives to mount images that I have ripped I believe this may or may not have contributed to the problem Any suggestions are appreciated as I have spent countless hours surfing the net trying to find a working solution to my problem I will go ahead and point out that I have attempted to remove the LowerFilters and UpperFilters values from the registry section per the SP upgrade bug This has not fixed the problem Thanks in advance for any help and or suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Problem started when my PC was locking in hybernate mode Did some research and fixed that by reseating the RAM cards also removed and refitted battery I have now lost my D drive It was replaced with a floppy drive but now that has even gone I have updated BIOS checked connections to DVD drive and M board done the regedit thing however i had no high level only low It also does not list not on drive device manager? missing, D the drive in the device manager or my computer The D drive was working fine before hand I have tried to reinstall the driver by downloading it off the net but when i go to install i get a message quot ATAPI device can not be found quot this is then getting a bit out of my league The Disc drive spins up when you put a disc in but seems the PC is just not recognising the drive is even there LG - GSA - H N I will tripple check the connections again now but if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated THANKS nbsp

A:D drive missing, not on device manager?

checked connections again and they seem fine ?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-drive-missing-not-on-device-manager.702570/
Relevancy 59.77%

My DVD Drive (Which i used to burn DVDs or CDs or watch them) won't show up in device manager even though it is attached inside my computer.

But sometimes when i restart my computer it either shows up or disappears.

When it shows up it works fine for a while but then disappears.
But when it doesn't show up, it won't show up at all.

I think the DVD name is Matshita DVD RAM but i can't remember what model name was it.

I looked for help elsewhere (Which is online chat) and they said maybe you have to replace it.

So please help!!!

A:DVD Drive won't show up on device manager

Sounds like either the drive is dying or the fitting isn't tight to the motherboard. If you use them a lot, they really don't have a long life and Panasonic are amongst the worst IMHO.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-wont-show-up-on-device-manager.943289/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Garmin GPSmap CSx It communicates fine through the Mapsource software but I'm puzzled about whether I am disconnecting it properly It shows up in Hardware Device Manager Garmin Device not as a in drive Manager, as Garmin device not in the USB ports It does not show up as a USB in Safely Remove Hardware as other USB devices normally would If I Garmin in Device Manager, not as a drive try to assign it a drive letter in computer management I'm not sure what path Garmin in Device Manager, not as a drive will accomplish that I get to sub-folders of the Garmin but nothing shows up to create a path for say drive quot G quot which is available for mass storage devices I have A thru F occupied L is my external hard drive and my travel sticks always come up as M I know some devices want one of the first or drive letters and won't comply when they are unavailable but I really don't understand this well enough to proceed First is disconnecting the unit without doing safely remove hardware going to be harmful If not I guess I'll leave it alone If there is potential for damage I'd like to assign a drive to the Garmin - how do I do that Thanks

A:Garmin in Device Manager, not as a drive

Hi Orkie !

Afaik you can't assign a volume letter to your mobile phone if the file system it uses isn't recognised by XP. I wouldn't try to assign it a volume letter, you could mess your phone completely if some program writes some data at the wrong place.

About the safe removal, if there's nothing in the phone's manual you may try to contact Garmin and ask them about that. But as long as nothing is writing on the GSM when you disconnect it there shouldn't be any problem. It should be ok to remove it once the bundled software is closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/garmin-in-device-manager-not-as-a-drive-213572.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Have an LG GGW-H20L installed in a Dell Precision 670 running XP Professional SP3. Was working fine until updated firmware on the drive. A few days later and the drive has disappeared from the device manager. It still shows in the BIOS setup. It's the only optical drive in the computer.

Any thoughts?

A:LG Blu Ray Drive disappeared from Device Manager

Hi welcome to TSF
Power off laptop remove the drive. Power on laptop and power off then put drive back in a power up the laptop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lg-blu-ray-drive-disappeared-from-device-manager-692397.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Right Drive Manager/CD Device Problem Ive got a nasty problem with my CD DVD drive s As you can see in the attachment the drive labelled quot VOBID Instant Drive CD SCSI CdRom Device quot is malfunctioning Now I believe that Device Manager/CD Drive Problem is related to the Pinnacle Studios Instant CD DVD SE software There is no Vista patch with my version of that software so I assume its a conflict with Vista It also started after installing Vista I ve tried disabling and uninstalling this device but upon restart it returns I tried uninstalling the Pinnacle Instant CD DVD software but I got a blue screen half way through uninstall So then I just deleted it manually from my hard-drive and used CCleaner to clean up the registry Still that damn drive will not go away I Device Manager/CD Drive Problem wouldn t mind but whenever I put a DVD CD into my drive and navigate to My Computer it crashes I created a virtual drive using Alcohol mounted a file on it and when I naviagated to My Computer it also crashed The only time Device Manager/CD Drive Problem I can actually go to quot My Computer quot is when ive disabled that device but as soon as I restart it comes back Its really starting to pi me off How the hell can I get rid of it Thanks for reading that rather long story nbsp