Windows Support Forum

CM Hyper 212 Plus to Corsair H60 - worth the upgrade?

Q: CM Hyper 212 Plus to Corsair H60 - worth the upgrade?

I'm considering the upgrade above. The problem is all the reviews on both coolers were made with different cpus at different overclocking settings. I even tried to narrow the comparisons to a common denominator, like the intel stock cooler, which is sometimes present in most reviews, but even then, different cpus were used, making the info not that reliable. After some reading, I understood that the H60 is more silent and, obviously, occupies much less space, win-win situation. But regarding the performance, the info is rather cloudy.

Does anyone know anything on the subject?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CM Hyper 212 Plus to Corsair H60 - worth the upgrade?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: CM Hyper 212 Plus to Corsair H60 - worth the upgrade?

Alpha Gamer said:

I'm considering the upgrade above. The problem is all the reviews on both coolers were made with different cpus at different overclocking settings. I even tried to narrow the comparisons to a common denominator, like the intel stock cooler, which is sometimes present in most reviews, but even then, different cpus were used, making the info not that reliable. After some reading, I understood that the H60 is more silent and, obviously, occupies much less space, win-win situation. But regarding the performance, the info is rather cloudy.

Does anyone know anything on the subject?Click to expand...

Personally I have played with H60's and Hyper212's and they both offer very similar performance. I would not count that as a worth upgrade except if you want a more silent system because the Hyper212 is already such an excellent air cooler and the H60 is kinda a low end liquid cooler.

Based on my experience, the same clock on the same chip result in the H60 (The only time I tested something like this was on a Phenom II X6 1100T at 4.0ghz) being a tad bit more silent, but the overclocking headroom remains the same for the most part (Within margin of error).

If you really want to move to Liquid cooling or upgrade for better clocks and a more silent system. Either an H80 style cooler or H100i (Or a likes AIO Liquid cooler) would be the best solution to go from a Hyper212.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cm-hyper-212-plus-to-corsair-h60-worth-the-upgrade.202924/
Relevancy 66.65%

Seeing a local store is selling an 840 Evo for the price of SSDNow v300s and such inferior drives, I was wondering if it might be worth getting.
It seems pretty clear to me that the new Samsung is considerably faster than my old Force 3 but I'm wondering if the SATA controller of my Sabertooth X58 will be too big a bottleneck for the speed to really matter... I can't find very exact info on this kind of a matter :/

E: The drive would be for my OS, along with several games (Guild Wars 2, varying other such loading intensive ones) like my Force 3 has been. Force 3 would then have some secondary read-intensive files/programs/whatnot on it, since I'm already juggling files at 25ish G free of the 120 so I kind of need some more space.

A:Upgrading a Corsair Force 3 120GB to a Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB worth it on x58 system?

The Sabertooth X58 has SATA 6Gb/s so no real bottleneck there. Assuming you are using the correct SATA 6Gb/s ports and not the SATA 3Gb/s ports.

The performance of both drives seem to be pretty close unless you are looking at different numbers.

Samsung 840 EVO:
Read/Write: 540/520MB/s
4K IOPS: 94,000

Corsair Force 3:
Read/Write: 550/510MB/s
4K IOPS: 85,000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-a-corsair-force-3-120gb-to-a-samsung-840-evo-120-gb-worth-it-on-x58-system.1119366/
Relevancy 66.65%

Is it really worth to spend money for hyperthreading?. I played two video files in windows media & real player in a regular & in hyper thread m/c I could not find any difference.

What would be the future of existing pentium P4 processor, whether every one has to move to 64 bit platform, Is it advisable to upgrade to a P4 -32 processor now or postpone the same.
Thanks.

A:Hyper threading...worth buying?

Exactly, most modern systems running 1.4ghz and above really don't run normal tasks any differently from another.

Now onto hyperthreading, its a good idea that in reality doesn't really help very much with performance. (ie not really worth it unless you must have that last FPS in you fav game)

As for 64bit I doubt everyone will be forced into it any time soon, it will gradually phase in sort of like the 32bit instructions when the 386 was released in 85. You didn't NEED a 32bit platform until around 95 or about 10years after its release.

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyper-threading-worth-buying.206730/
Relevancy 65.79%

hello, looking for to buy new comp, is it worth to buy hyper thread or not.. is it worth is and what exactly does it do..thanks ron

A:is hyper theading strong or dying is it worth it

It's just a gimmick, for the most part.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-hyper-theading-strong-or-dying-is-it-worth-it.326368/
Relevancy 56.33%

With my birthday coming up I thought it would be good to give my pc a boost so I have lined this up a a possible upgrade.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/...psetmotherboards/asus/90-mibdq5-g0eay0dz.html

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/...3-12800/1600mhz/corsair/cmx4gx3m2a1600c9.html

I have £100 to spend (give or take) and would want to upgrade to a new motherboard for better overclocking as my current refuses to go over 3.6ghz. Obviously a new motherboard will be an am3 so new ram is needed. I've seen this corsair ram alot in various value pc builds so I figured at £30 it will be perfect. I also picked this motherboard because of its crossfire capability. Since the hd 6870's have fallen considerably in price I plan to get a second near Christmas.

Any thoughts? Thanks

A:Asus M4A88T-V EVO & Corsair XMS3 4GB upgrade

Happy Birthday!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m4a88t-v-evo-corsair-xms3-4gb-upgrade.169178/
Relevancy 55.47%

Have the HP Pavilion Elite m f with the class action replaced motherboard in April good to go nbsp nbsp Replaced the stock seconds post, PSU upgrade 5 does up powers Corsair power... not Nvidia GeForce GT GPU with a Zotac GTX Ti GPU and replacedthe stock HP Watt PSU with a Thermaltake W RU TR Watt PSU in May nbsp nbsp Everything goes good until October nbsp nbsp PC starts randomly shutting itself off and will not power up until I unplug the power cord and wait or minutes nbsp nbsp Eventually it stopped powering up all together nbsp Reseated all PSU power connectors etc nbsp same result nbsp Removed all the cards etc same Corsair PSU upgrade does not post, powers up 5 seconds power... result nbsp Reinstalled cards one by one etc same result nbsp Reinstall the stock HP Watt PSU now everything works just fine nbsp nbsp Thought it Corsair PSU upgrade does not post, powers up 5 seconds power... was a premature Thermaltake PSU failure nbsp nbsp Bought and installed a Corsair CMPSU- TXV Watt PSU a few days ago but still not good to go nbsp nbsp nbsp Lights go on fans spin but no POST no video runs for about seconds shuts off turns on by itself over and over again nbsp nbsp Reseated all PSU power connectors etc same result nbsp nbsp Removed all the cards etc same result nbsp Reinstalled cards one by one etc same result nbsp Reinstalled the stock HP PSU now everything works just fine again nbsp nbsp nbsp Spent hours reading various forums nbsp nbsp Some say RAM may not signal correct voltage to PSU nbsp If so can I change the RAM voltage in the BIOS nbsp Others say reset CMOS which I did same result nbsp And someone on this HP board thought maybe the Pegatron IPMTB-TKTruckee motherboard may only accommodate a PSU up to Watts nbsp Any ideas nbsp Can I get away with just using my stock HP Watt PSU after all nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Corsair PSU upgrade does not post, powers up 5 seconds power...

I have an addendum to add to this thread.  To refresh, my questions focused on a possible mis-match of PSU and motherboard specs:  Is it an ATX 12 Volt 2.0 and above spec problem or a Wattage cap problem?  I posted my questions to the Corsair PSU Forum concurrently and I paste here now, a response to RAM GUY.   "Hi RAM GUY,Sorry I could not reply until now.  Thank you for clarifying the difference between the ATX 2.0 spec and 2.01spec in that the Negative -5 Volt Rail is not present in the 2.01 spec andbeyond.  As I mentioned previously, the Thermaltake PSU that has beenrunning in my 2009, HP i7 Tower for the last 7 months says 12 Volt ATX 2.2on the case and even though the OEM HP power supply says 12 Volt ATX2.0 in spec literature I found on Google, the actual PSU I have does nothave any ATX spec rating on the case.  So I think it is safe to say, mymotherboard does not require the Negative -5 Volt Rail in that it playednicely with 12 Volt ATX 2.2 spec up until recently.Though theoretically there is supposed to be no limit on the amount ofWattage you can use to power your motherboard because the motherboardis suppose to use only what it needs and cap the rest, it appears that OEMscan dial up Wattage limitations if they deem necessary.  Could be as simple HP, not wanting to compete with some of it's HPsProfessional Work Stations, thereby caps Wattage on some Pavilion EliteSeries models to prevent them from becoming a much less expensivesolution.In any case, I think with all available information digested, it's not aboutATX specs, but rather my HP motherboard has a Wattage limit of 650 Wattsthough I think I read someone else got the same motherboard going with750 Watts but I don't remember where to find that posting."I am back up and running, yeah !Thank you again Lasvegaswireman !

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Corsair-PSU-upgrade-does-not-post-powers-up-5-seconds-powers/td-p/2215609
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been trying to upgrade my laptop Envy - tx with what I believe to be compatible ram the ram is Corsair Memory GB DDR SODIMM Memory CMSO Ram DDR3 14-1002tx failing Re: - upgrade 4GB ? Envy - Corsair S Memory GX M A C Corsair Memory GB DDR SODIMM Memory CMSO GX M A C Once I have installed the above ram when i Re: Envy 14-1002tx - Ram upgrade failing - Corsair Memory ? 4GB DDR3 S try boot the laptop it is fine I am able to run the built in HP memory test and everything passes However once windows tries to boot it immediately crashes on the windows loading screen Sometimes it will BSOD and say quot irql not less or equal quot other times it will freeze and do nothing If I put the old HP ram back in then everything is fine I believe the ram is compatible for reasons firstly even though the ram i have is Re: Envy 14-1002tx - Ram upgrade failing - Corsair Memory ? 4GB DDR3 S corsair this memory tool by Crucial says that this type of ram is compatible see here with this laptop Secondly the user manual for this laptop as seen here page says this type of ram is fine I have also tried returning the ram and got a new module with the same results I also tried testing the ram in other laptops to see how it went I tried in an older asus laptop and it did not work behaving the same as my Envy However I also tried it in a relatively new Gigabyte laptop and the ram worked windows booted and ran just fine Quite confused anyone have any ideas cheers

A:Re: Envy 14-1002tx - Ram upgrade failing - Corsair Memory — 4GB DDR3 S

Additionally since I first started:

I have tried updating the bios and firmware (also installed all win7 updates from microsoft) from the HP support page for this laptop, I have also run the built in HP bios memory test and it passes, however the new UEFI diagnostic seems to freeze when it tries to test the module, so maybe it has the same issue.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here or even where to start?

Is the somewhere I can call? (Im in Australia if that matters)

really lost here, any help would be great

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/328879-re-envy-14-1002tx-ram-upgrade-failing-corsair-memory-4gb-ddr3-s.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I bought my gateway, p4, 2.4, comp, just before they made HT standard. so is there a way you can upgrade and/or will it be worth it? thanks ron if you need more info let me know

A:can you upgrade to hyper theading?

I doubt it would be worth it at this point. There's very things that take advantage of HT at this point and most most benchmarks show this.

To upgrade to HT you would need a CPU that supports HT and a mtherboard that supports HT.

Where most of the advantages come with the new Pentuim 4's is that they run on an 800Mhz FSB bus, except the 3.06Ghz 533Mhx FSB P4. Since you have a Gateway the motherboard will not likely support the 800Mhz FSB CPU but possibly the 3.06Ghz P4.

You can use Aida32 to identify the board: http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-upgrade-to-hyper-theading.192393/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm currently running this processor and MOBO:

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor BX80562Q6600

Newegg.com - ASUS P5K EPU LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

It's just not fast enough for me.

I was leaning towards the i7 because it seems to be the fastest processor for around $300.

But apparently these new intel chips have sandy bridge which is a form of hyper threading.

I'm just trying to figure out if I truly need the processor with hyper threading. I understand it basically turns the 4 cores into 8 virtual cores, but does it apply this speed to all computer programs and functions?

I run 3 monitors and constantly doing multiple things including web design, graphic design etc.

I also plan on maxing my ram at the 32gb the MOBO will allow to help this system run as fast as possible.

A:Need to upgrade processor and MOBO - do I really need hyper threading?

Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnyScience

I understand it basically turns the 4 cores into 8 virtual cores, but does it apply this speed to all computer programs and functions?

Take a look at the performance section here:

Hyper-threading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It helps under certain circumstances, but is not a substitute for additional cores. How much it would help in any situation varies, depending on the software involved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/194538-need-upgrade-processor-mobo-do-i-really-need-hyper-threading.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

Is it worth upgrading from a Asus ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD5 to ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PhysX CUDA ?

Upgrade reason is to get max out of BF4 :) ?

Other spec is

Win 7 64 bit home
Intel Core i7 Quad Processor i7-950
ASUS P6X58D-E, Socket-1366
Corsair Dominator DHX+ DDR3 1600MHz 6GB
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB
Seasonic M12D Powersupply 750W

A:Is this GPU upgrade worth it?

id recommend an amd r9 280x, only 1 or 2 fps in it but for alot cheaper, also at higher res the amd card pulls ahead!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/310625-gpu-upgrade-worth.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am currently running
Cheap Stock Intel board
Intel
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
DDR2 667 Ram

Upgrade to new

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor

Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model KHX1333C7D3K2/4GX

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Reason

I want the computer to be super fast for the game AION i play and the ability to multitask and burn music and dvds. Also i want it to last for the next 3-4 years speed wise

Is it worth it?

A:Upgrade Old to New Is it worth it?

Unless you're having major/really annoying problems with your PC being too slow to play your games or that it's not fast enough to multitask fairly heavy duty programs then I see no reason to upgrade; it's of perfectly good specification to do the vast majority of things.

If you think it's worth the money just to make your PC a little quicker then by all means go for it, but personally I wouldn't bother upgrading.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/278784-upgrade-old-new-worth.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey folks just a quick question I m planning on buying BioShock I know my system is old so I m going to have to play it on low settings anyway but I m currently running GB PC RAM I know to play BS even at low I d have to buy at least another gig that s not a problem my question is with my processor RAM combination I currently have an old giga-byte socket A mobo running an athlon xp Ghz with a mhz FSB Now NewEgg com currently has an athlon xp Ghz with a Mhz FSB for about bucks If I puchase the new chip and get GB of PC RAM to run at the FSB yes the mobo supports MHZ I checked and a new CPU fan would the performance jump be worth the I appreciate any advice P S alternatively if anyone has an alernative suggestion for a new mobo CPU it to upgrade? Worth combination that would run better AND have an AGP slot I just bought a GeForce GPU like a month ago for under I m all ears nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/worth-it-to-upgrade.617110/
Relevancy 52.89%

I built my computer about 2 years ago with decent stuff at the time, but now I just upgraded to vista. I am for sure going to up grade to 2gb of ram, but I then thought about upgrading the processor to a dual core. Here are my Windows Experience scores...

Processor- 4.2
Memory- 4.5
Graphics- 5.8
Gaming Graphics- 4.8
Primary Hard Disk- 5.8

So obviously my processor (Athlon 64 3500+) is the weak link. I have an ASUS A8N-e and on the box it says it supports Socket 939 for AMD Athlon 64FX/Athlon 64. Does this mean I can't upgrade to one of the X2 dual cores?

Relevancy 52.89%

i have a 8 year old Toshiba A75-S1253 laptop with XP., SP3, 1.5 g Ram, 3.2 GHz, 55 GB Hard drive  If I want to upgrade to 7, what do I need to buy? or should I just buy a new one?? 

A:Worth it to upgrade to 7? What do I need ?

Considering the age of the machine and that Win 7 will struggle on it, you will probably find that just buying a new machine will be a better deal both financially and functionality wise.

You can still run XP on it if you don't connect it to the net, or even load Linux (which will run just fine too) if you'd like to try something different.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523888/worth-it-to-upgrade-to-7-what-do-i-need/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I'm building a new computer and was wondering if it's worth paying for an upgrade to Windows 8. IMO the only way it would be worth is if somehow Windows 8 gave better performance in games.

I'm upgrading to i7 3770, H77 platform.

What's ya thoughts?

A:Is the upgrade from 7 to 8 worth it?

For me no, but your needs and desires may be different.

Personally I don't see how games would make much difference. Seriously the biggest differences would be DirectX 11.0 (Win7) vs DirectX 11.1 (Win8) vs DirectX 11.2 (Win8.1). I can live without the minor DirectX updates, just so I don't have to deal with the GUI changes in Win8. If the GUI changes don't bother you, then there really is no reason not to upgrade to Windows 8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-upgrade-from-7-to-8-worth-it.195241/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a 1.3ghz Celeron 360 on my M2000 laptop. I have the option of upgrading to a Pentium 750 1.8ghz. Is this going to be a noticeable performance upgrade and worth the $30 on the processor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-upgrade-worth-it.100121/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey people I recently bought a Worth the upgrade? new tower big ones from a local Worth the upgrade? store The specs are Pentium Ghz SATA HD W Power CDRW Drive DDR two s running dual channel Gigabyte PE motherboard Geforce TI MB already had this Soundblaster Audigy had this too My old computer s specs Elitegroup k s a Motherboard AMD Athlon W Power GB Maxtor IDE HD DDR stick My question is Should I notice a great performance increase from this new computer I noticed Doom ran better and I was able to boost the detail to Ultra and the resolution to x from Medium Worth the upgrade? detail and x I ran the Far Cry demo however and didn t see much of any Worth the upgrade? performance gain And what really boggles my mind is ACID had no change None Load times are a bit better but songs I m working on still skip during playback like they did before Exactly like they did before This was one of my main reasons for upgrading and nothing happened so I m pretty dissapointed Is this how this upgrade should be or is something not working nbsp

A:Worth the upgrade?

I think something isnt working properly, doesnt sound like a cpu bogging down, that is if its skips like the skip on a cd player.

A P4 3.0 should perform better then a 2400+, but you still got ripped on the deal if you ask me.

As for a great performance increase, as far as you comparing with Doom3 and FarCry between computers, a new videocard would make a tremendous difference as far as upgrades go.

CPU is still very important in games, and will lower load times,etc, but videocard is a very big factor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/worth-the-upgrade.14916/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey Tech Guys,

Below are the stats of my computer. I built it last summer (I'm a college student. Rolling in disposable income during summer, poor other 3 seasons), and this summer I've got the hots to upgrade the video card to a shiney new GTX 285 (or some other GTX 200 series card). Will I notice an improvement in performance, and do I need to upgrade my PSU?

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX
Motherboard: XFX nForce 780i Motherboard
RAM: 4GB DDR2-800
PSU: OCZ 600W Power Supply
(I also have a PCI TV tuner and sound card)

A:Worth it to upgrade to GTX 285?

No way! If that board is Sli compatible get a big power supply and a second geforce 9800 GTX thats what i was planning on doing later for my computer.

Amd Phenom 9500 - 2.2 GHZ
XFX Geforce 9800 GT
Motherboard - Asus M2N-SLi
4 gig PC6400 RAM
Power supply 600 watts
Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Reason is all games work with my computer; every game that came out in the past year works on highest res and all settings to high. Only game that lags for me is GTA IV but I have it for the ps3 anyway. I have a power supply tester and when im playing games my computer is doing 280 watts max; I don't know why the graphic cards ask for such high end power supplys (1000 watts max). If you want the link where I got it I can give it to you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/worth-it-to-upgrade-to-gtx-285.826887/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an HP dv7t-7000 series quad laptop, and have a secondary hard drive bay. I can get the cable here:

http://www.newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=498

And the ssd Here:

http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Technolog...UTF8&qid=1353481764&sr=1-4&keywords=ssd+128gb

I currently am running on a 5400 rpm 1tb HDD, how will this improve gaming, boot times, launch times etc? Will it be much faster? If so, how do I transfer Windows 7 and other games and programs to the SSD? Just select and drag to the SSD?

A:Is SSD Upgrade worth it?

It will greatly improve boot times, program and game load times. But it won't do anything for actual gaming beyond faster game load and save times.

You'd have to either clone the old drive onto the new one, so it have to be bigger than the used capacity on your exist drive but then may need to fix the alignment and turn off all the services that have a negative effect on the SSD. The absolutely best way would be to do a clean reinstall of Windows onto the new SSD which means having a Windows 7 disc. You cannot simply copy/drag Windows and programs from one drive to another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-ssd-upgrade-worth-it.1082525/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi
I am currently on 2 meg broadband. The company I am with is doubling the supply to their customers. A friend who works for them has told me to up my package to the 4 meg so in a few weeks I will be upped to 8.

A friend in work tells me this is pointless as I have a D link router so I will see absolutely no difference.

Is this the case ?

Cheers

Gus

A:Is an upgrade worth it

Hi GUSMAN,
I'm with good ol' BT and was on 2meg. Being on the edge of the area covered their engineer who came to tweak the connection said that 2 was the max here. BT have now upped their minimum to 8meg with no price increase but I notice no difference. I'm not networked though, in case there are other issues with that?
I hope this info is of some use?

Richard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-an-upgrade-worth-it.555249/
Relevancy 52.89%

hello all, i use my PC for word processing, browsing, youtube, watching movies in media player. that's really all i do. i'm running vista.

the only thing i can't do on this PC that i'd like to do is watch blu-ray movies because the CPU is too old, it's a celeron: http://ark.intel.com/products/29734/Intel-Celeron-Processor-420-(512K-Cache-1_60-GHz-800-MHz-FSB)
i'm thinking of moving to this machine, which is a laptop:
win7 pro
3gb of RAM
1.4ghz C2D: http://ark.intel.com/products/36697/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-SU9400-(3M-Cache-1_40-GHz-800-MHz-FSB)

this is the laptop: http://www.trustedreviews.com/Dell-Latitude-E4200-12-1in-Ultra-Portable_Laptop_review

it only has 1 USB port, but i was thinking of getting a USB hub to plug in more devices.

will i see much of a performance jump?

thanks

Relevancy 52.89%

I am thinking about upgrading to an Asus P8p67 core i7 2600 (circa ?400) is it really worth it? I am not interested in overclocking and am wondering if I would be better off improving what I have, ie new Graphic card HD 6870, doubling my Ram and an SSD for my laptop.
All opinions welcome

A:Is an upgrade worth it?

I'd say it isn't worth it.

But I'd guess you have upgrade-itis and MUST DO SOMETHING.

So I'd go ahead and get the SSD and maybe the video card.

But I wouldn't upgrade the processor or RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/160744-upgrade-worth.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i have a chance to get an HP machine (factory specification only ) - only this one -
t685UK

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 530
3.0GHz 800MHz Level 2 cache 1024KB
1GB DDR memory
ATA 7200 200GB HDD
DVD 16x double density
ATI RADEON™ X600 PRO 256MB video memory

i currently have an AMD 1700+ with 512MB memory and 3 HDD 280GB worth
matrox G550 video

I use this machine for general use - do not play games - but use photoshop for manipulating photographs - keen photographer

i'm not sure i will notice any great difference
is this worth the upgrade at all -
for £50 i can get a dvd writer added to my current PC

would like your views

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Sony Vaio PC/P4 1.5Ghz/512mb memory (Max memory)/Nvidia Geforce 440se video/80Gb drive
Is this PC worth upgrading the video card in the PC if the AGP port is only a 4X
And if it is what video card would be good for this PC without spending alot of cash?
I want to play Battlefield Vietnam with a good resolution and frame rate

A:Is it worth the upgrade

this page compares many cards including 440's and 5900's -
http://www.digital-daily.com/video/vga-roundup/

you can get a 5900 for under $200 -

http://www.bizrate.com/buy/products__cat_id--405,keyword--"geforce 5900",sort--5.html

440's tend to rate near the bottom - just my opinion but about any card above them would do better

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-worth-the-upgrade.267103/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys, I used Comodo for years and sadly I had enough, I want to buy a Kaspersky product and I want to know which one of this products I should buy and if KTS worth the extra money if I'm not going to use the file and password protection anyway? is there any other difference between them? also is it worth to buy an extra copy for my android or malwarebytes mobile is enough?

A:KIS vs KTS, is it worth to upgrade?

Although for KTS2015, still valid: What are the differences between Kaspersky Total Security and other Kaspersky Lab 2015 products

https://malwaretips.com/threads/kis-vs-kts-is-it-worth-to-upgrade.61744/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am wondering.......

I currently have a P3 1 gig with 512 SD RAM and a GeForce 2 MX 400.

I am thinking of upgrading to an AMD Athelon 2100 with 512 DDR and a GeForce 4 Ti 4200.

Would I see a significant performance increase? Would it be worth it?

Also - when are the newest GeForce and Radeon cards due? Is it worth waiting a few months to see a drop in price in the older models?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Darren

Relevancy 52.89%

My wife has a desktop Dell Intel pentium processor GHz MB DDR SDRAM MHz and I added MB to this upgrade possible? Worth it? is and it has is upgrade possible? Worth it? a GB HD ATA Value hard drive It runs very slow I have run the tango on it many times I have to wait for EBay pages to load sometime more than a minute I get a lot of Not Responding messages in my Titlebar I can hear the computer chugging and chugging along and blinking fast then slow then not at all when I get these messages I run Photoshop and have a printer hooked up In a quick diagnosis can you tell me if it is worth trying to upgrade this Is it just slow because it is early technology Should I expect it to run faster or are you not suprised Is an upgrade possible and if so is it expensive and worth it I do not know if it is even possible to upgrade it and if I did what would be the max it could go

A:is upgrade possible? Worth it?

This is an OPINION, not GOSPEL !

Your principal limiting factors here are (1) not enough RAM, and (2) a tiny hard drive. According to my local component supplier (my favourite charity), 2x1 Gb RAM sticks will cost you £UK 24, and a 1TB SATA hard dive (ie 1000Gb) will cost you £UK 61, today's prices.

You say you use Photoshop, which means you are playing with images and graphics - I admire your patience !  And how you get an operating system, Photoshop and a collection of images onto a 40 Gb drive impresses me. Scattered around my system I have about 250 Gb of photos alone. Don't worry - they are backed up, honest !

So, you can improve your system's performance and capacity for less than £UK 100. The only fly in this ointment is that IDE hard drives are becoming hard to find, and you almost certainly have IDE connectors on your computer. You can get IDE / SATA converters, but the only time I tried one I wasn't impressed with the results. However - I did say this was opinion - I think you would be better biting the bullet and buying a new machine, and if it is a desktop, try and get Win 7 rather than 8, the general opinion is it works better on desktops. Another small factor here is that support for XP ends next April.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502440/is-upgrade-possible-worth-it/
Relevancy 52.89%

Im thinking of buying one of those xp media centres not the expensive an Worth upgrade? ones Basically I would appreciate anyone looking over its Worth an upgrade? features and my current set up and let me know if you think its worth a change and just how Worth an upgrade? much of a difference between the two Not very computer literate My Current PC Processor - AMD Athlon MMX D Now Mhz Graphics - ATI Radeon AGP Memory - MB RAM Motherboard - IWILL KA -R Hard drive - GB One Ive Seen Processor - AMD XP CPU FSB WITH Mb L CACHE Graphics - ONBOARD Mb D GRAPHICS CARD SHARED MEMORY Memory - MB DDR MEMORY Motherboard - M G MOTHERBOARD FSB WILL TAKE CPU UP TO XP Hard Drive - GB ATA HARD DISK DRIVE Mb CACHE rpm My main problem is I dont know how important the difference in motherboards or if the graphics being on-board makes a difference I would appreciate any help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

My current HDD is:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 250GB 3.5" SATA Internal Hard Drive.

Would I notice a performance increase if I upgraded to a SSD such as this?
Mushkin Chronos deluxe 60GB 2.5" SATA-III Solid State Hard Drive

Thanks.

A:Is it worth it to upgrade to an ssd hdd?

Depends on where you want a boost or what you are doing with the PC. An SSD can allow Windows to boot faster and programs to launch faster if they are installed on the SSD. It can also improve performance for applications that use hard drives, or storage mediums, for scratch drives or temporary storage such as rendering programs, it can also help with game saves and game loads but it wont help with actual game play/ or framerates or web browsing or office work. You'd still want to use the mechanical drive for file & data storage any anything that won't fit on the 60 GB drive since 60GB isn't that large.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-worth-it-to-upgrade-to-an-ssd-hdd.1051352/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I've always wanted to upgrade my PC, and found an upgrade kit for €219 (~$239), which includes:

- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
- AMD FX-4300 (with cooler)
- 4 GB DDR3
- All the wires needed

Is it worth it?

Thanks, JustCall.

A:Is this PC Upgrade kit worth the price?

Your current Intel E8500 CPU scores 2313 on the Passmark benchmark:

PassMark CPU Benchmarks - High Mid Range CPUs

The AMD FX-4300 scores 4649

PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

That would probably be a noticeable improvement.

BUT----

Do you know for a fact that the new motherboard will mount properly in your HP case and that the existing HP power supply provides enough power and has the appropriate connectors for that motherboard?

Have you at least looked at other upgrade packages, possibly with Intel CPUs?

Are you restricted to a $240 budget?

Are you unwilling to buy CPU, RAM, and motherboard separately, rather than as a "package"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/374854-pc-upgrade-kit-worth-price.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I already have Diskeeper 8.0 and run it frequently, works very well. I have seen there is Diskeeper 9.0 out, and I am wondering if it's worth the purchase or not. Is there much of a difference between the two?

A:Diskeeper 8.0 vs. 9.0: worth the upgrade?

I have been a faithful follower of Diskeeper for many years. Switched to DK9 shortly after it came out. Upgrade is not that expensive anyway. I always wait a few months before I make the change, in case there are any glitches.
It is definitely a lot faster than DK8 and perhaps it looks a bit prettier.
I don't really know, because it runs in the background and I never see the interface anymore.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diskeeper-8-0-vs-9-0-worth-the-upgrade.27405/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have Windows 10 Home version. It continually fails to install the 1511 upgrade. I have already spent lots of time on this and am concerned that successfully upgrading will require an inordinate amount of time and effort.

An HP support person told me that it is not necessary to upgrade but I would like to hear from others. Is it important to upgrade or not?

Thank you.

A:Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?

The update is important because whatever is causing your PC to fail when trying to install it may also prevent future updates from installing...

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37121-1511-upgrade-worth.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently bought 2 x 5870's. I expected this to run Crysis and Crysis Warhead very well like benchmarks online said (enthusiast, 8 aa). But the frames i got were less than impressive. There were many stutters during gameplay and frames dropped below 30 at times. I heard that it is because of my processor bottlenecking the game but i am not sure. How much of an improvement would i see from upgrading my phenom ii 550 to 965? i already tried unlocking the cores but no luck, they are faulty.

Specs
phenom ii 550 oc at 3.6
2 x 5870 crossfire
4 gb ram ddr3 gskill 1600

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-from-phenom-ii-550-to-965-worth-it.162568/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all So my current system is this AMD Opteron GHz ATI x XT GB RAM MSI MS- AmethystM mobo APEVIA ATX-AS W-BK W PSU XP I m wondering was the cost analysis would be to upgrading this system Upgrade... it? it Proposed Is worth would be Currently I am unhappy with the performance of this system as I have been seeing slowdowns in relatively easy to run programs CS Source I have a feeling it is my aging motherboard as it came with a prebuilt bought back in October of that I have upgraded over the years It has a serial printer port lol Currently I am considering a Core Quad Is it worth it? Proposed Upgrade... Q http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E this Gigabyte motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and gigs of DDR RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and keeping my current PSU Graphics Card case etc My questions are as follows Is the cost of this upgrade about with NewEgg s prices worth it with the new i core pushing out the socket Processors If so will a more expensive processor give me more of a deal Is my current PSU able to handle this upgrade Should I get more RAM I also will be selling my Opteron if I do in fact go through with this upgrade if anyone is interested Thanks nbsp

A:Is it worth it? Proposed Upgrade...

That would certainly be one hell of an upgrade. I personaly don't care for Intel chips and mobos because of the price. Get alot more for your money with AMD systems, you could likely get a barebone AMD system with case and HDD for about the same price as what your paying. i7 stuff is still pretty pricey and has a low bang for the buck ratio at this point. That being said if you like the hardware get it. The only suggestion I would have is to check tigerdirect.com as well and order from the place with the better price.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-worth-it-proposed-upgrade.839182/
Relevancy 52.03%

I know my system is good enough to upgrade to windows 8 pro but i'm wondering if it's worth it. I'm wondering if at least 90% of my applications will be compatible or if the additions (or subtractions) to windows 8 pro will make it more of an issue to use considering i've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for the past couple of years. I'm concerned namely about Windows Media Player and how often i actually use it.

A:[SOLVED] Worth the upgrade?

why do you want to upgrade?

Will it improve anything?

Since imo windows 8 is designed for people who have touch screen monitors and doesn't really offer anything great over windows 7 and is being touted as the new windows ME (if you dont know what ME was it was the biggest disaster ever) then why compromise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-worth-the-upgrade-685041.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey, I have to buy a new mobo. I wanted to ask that should i upgrade my DDr2 Ram to DDr3 ? and buy a mobo thats supports ddr3 ? is it worth it ? The reason that made confused is that the ram that i have (
​ CORSAIR XMS2 CM 2GB-6400/800 BUS XMS XTREME SPEED GAMING MEMORY) and the ram that i may buy ( CORSAIR DDR3 2GB-1333 (P/N: VS2GB1333-D3) VALUE SELECT MEMORY) both have the same price. So my question is that should i go with the board that supports ddr3 or stick with ddr2 ram and buy a ddr2 board ? Should i go for ( ASUS (INTEL) P5G41T-M LX G41-ICH7 1333FSB (LGA775-SND+LAN+VGA DDR3) which has 2 ddr3 slots or the one which costs slightly high [ASUS (INTEL) P5QLD PRO INTEL P43 ICH10 1600FSB (LGA775-SND+LAN DDR2] with 4 ddr2 slots ?
I'll be very glad if you could help me solve my problem.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi All I'm new around here since I recently upgraded to an SSD and installed Windows 8 on it,

Is the 8.1 Upgrade worth it??

Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 Upgrade...Worth it?

Originally Posted by ZeroInfinity

Hi All I'm new around here since I recently upgraded to an SSD and installed Windows 8 on it,

Is the 8.1 Upgrade worth it??

Thanks

Hi ZeroInfinity, welcome to Windows 8 Forums!

Definitely! It's free!
I'm workin on the rest of the reasons. Trust me, we tear it apart every day!

Seriously though, you'll have some great opinions coming your way shortly. (and maybe some not so great!)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41492-windows-8-1-upgrade-worth.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Yes, I know that the upgrade is free. Yes, I know this question has probably been asked many other times.

Is Windows 10 worth the upgrade?

I upgraded to Windows 10 a week after its release and immediately went back because of the lack of dual monitor support. I have since been on Windows 8.1 and have been thinking about the upgrade again.

Any comments or opinions are welcomed below. Thanks!

Relevancy 52.03%

I have a bit of a dinosaur of a system....Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz chip, ASROCK PV488 motherboard, 1 GB RAM, and an Nvidia 7600 GS card. I don't have the scratch to build a new system yet, although I've gotten some great ideas from people on this board on my next b uild (thanks, Techspot community).

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to upgrade my AGP card to eek out another year or so of use. What are the thoughts of other techies out there? The big questions I have is...will it make a difference, and does the motherboard limit the 'strength' of the AGP card that you can use? My card right now is only 256 MB and 128 bit. I read about this AGP card supposed to be the top of the line for AGP, 512 MB, 256-bit, DDR2, etc etc.

Thoughts, comments, jeers?

A:Worth it to upgrade my AGP card?

From here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=p4v88

1 x AGP8X/4X slot, 1.5VClick to expand...

No it is not worth updating your AGP Video Card
Your Motherboard designates what you can use

By the way 2.8GHz is not all that bad, the system is still good for medium gaming and all Windows and programs.

That's my thoughts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/worth-it-to-upgrade-my-agp-card.126834/
Relevancy 52.03%

I currently use Windows 8 and I was wondering whether Windows 10 was worth the upgrade?

Besides being able to get the latest apps from the Windows store, what incentives are there to upgrade?

Does Windows 10 save memory & PC usage or will it use more system resources?

A:Is Windows 10 worth the upgrade?

Hi TechWiz365 We already have multiple threads on the subject:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584272/discussion-windows-10-upgrade-path-experiences/http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585376/wait-to-install-windows-10/http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584802/how-do-people-like-windows-10/I suggest you to participate in these instead of creating yet another one of these threads.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585596/is-windows-10-worth-the-upgrade/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P Desktop. It has only 1 Gig memory and i'm having trouble when rendering video and even making slideshows using Roxio Creator. The procedure slows to a stop and then fails. I've tried shutting down every othe running programme but it makes no difference. I run the ''Crucial'' scan and it tells me that to upgrade to 3Gig costs about £60. It's worth it if it works but if it's not going to make a big difference i'd rather invest in a new base unit.
Any advice please?

A:Memory upgrade, Is it worth it?

what windows version do you have - Vista i would want 2GB minimum - XP works well with 1GB
open task manager - control + alt +del key all together
then look at perfromance - see how much memory is used and if swapping a lot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade-is-it-worth-it.906656/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was thinking about upgrading from 512MB of RDRAM to 1.5GB of RDRAM. Is it worth it just for playing games and video editing?

A:RDRAM Upgrade...Is it worth it?

well, for games, not really. but video editing is another matter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rdram-upgrade-is-it-worth-it.3922/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have an ASUS M N -VM motherboard With a Black edition MHz CPU usually says current MHz from this list of used CPU s would one be better than the one I currently have Thanks for your help AMD Phenom X socket AM CPU HD WCJ BGD GHz quad core AMD Phenom x GHz Quad Core Socket AM MB W TDP HD WCJ BGH AMD ATHLON X ADA IAA CZ GHZ SOCKET AM CPU AMD Phenom II X GHz Dual-Core HDZ WFK DGI Cpu Socket AM AM GHz ADX CK GQ AMD Athlon II X CPU Socket AM AM AMD Athlon II X Socket AM ADX OCK GM AMD Phenom X - GHz Triple Core - Socket AM AM - HD WCJ BGH AMD Athlon II x GHz Quad-Core Socket AM Processor ADX WFK GI AMD Athlon II x GHz Trip-Core Socket Upgrade is worth Solved: CPU it? it AM Processor ADX WFK GI AMD Phenom II X GHz Quad-Core HDZ XCJ DGI AMD Athlon II X GHz ADX OCK GQ GM DualCore Socket AM AMD Phenom II X Ghz Quad Core MB Socket AM AM W HDX WFK DGM AMD Phenom II X e - Solved: CPU Upgrade is it worth it? HD EOCK DGI GM G W AM nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I am using XP Pro SP3 and 2GB Ram, please let me know upgrading to xp 64bit will make any performance improvement specially when doing processor intensive tasks? I am not planning to increase the ram on this computer in near future.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I was just wondering upgrade? the - WinXP worth if I should up upgrade to windows xp I m currently running win prof WinXP - worth the upgrade? and also have my own home network setup But I was wondering I just noticed it said on my comp s motherboard box that my gigabyte athlon is specially designed for winxp if its worth me upgradeing to it I heard that alot of software isnt compatible with winxp and also that theirs something in the terms of the software that allow microsoft to scan thru your comp they say its to check for bugs and stuff but whats to say they dont go thru and collect any of your personal information go thru confidentual files etc I also heard that many ppl are having difficulties using windows update with xp because of some serial thing But still XP has got my quite curious about it My comps mainly for gaming as well as h w c w and using some Gfx programs What has XP got that Win k hasnt nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Here's my PC specs :
Windows XP x86,
Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz,
Geforce 6200 128 MB,
1,25 GB of RAM.
Is it worth for me to upgrade to Windows 7 ? My PC meets the minimum requirements, but will the games run smoother ?

A:Is it worth to upgrade to Windows 7 ?

no its not worth stay on xp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-it-worth-to-upgrade-to-windows-7-a-425454.html
Relevancy 52.03%

It's a relatively cheap upgrade and simple install. For the casual user, will they notice improvement? What about mid to high end user? This is for the current bestbuy model. Thx

A:Should I upgrade to 8gb ram on yoga 13? Worth it?

For normal user 4GB is enough.For developer or designer 8G is nesessery.

------------------------------------------------------------------------How to get BIOS version: Windows key + R --> cmd --> wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Should-I-upgrade-to-8gb-ram-on-yoga-13-Worth-it/td-p/915995
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Acer Aspire 5920G.
Intel C2D T9300
4 GB DDR2
320GB HDD

Will it be a good idea to upgrade the HDD to a 7k+ RPM 1? I think that the HDD is the bottleneck alot of times

A:Will Laptop HDD upgrade from 5k+ - 7k+rpm be worth it?

Acer Support: Aspire 5920G Series Specifications

there's about 6 things I see on that list that could be bottlenecks for your system.
What does the hdd rate on the window experience index?
control panel -> system

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/156080-will-laptop-hdd-upgrade-5k-7k-rpm-worth.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
I have a Dell Precision Workstation T5400, my current processors are:
Processor(s): 2 Processor(s) Installed. [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz [02]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
more specifically
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5450 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz (2 processors)
They do not support SLAT(Second Level Address Translation) which is a requirement for Hyper-V to work:
Current Hyper-V Requirements:
VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes Second Level Address Translation: No Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes
Could I please have some advice on what processors would be a natural upgrade for me, which support SLAT?

Thanks
Mcai

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985829
Relevancy 51.6%

Does anyone think it might be possible to upgrade the RTM by doing a Repair/Upgrade install with the disk (comiing tomorrow!) for the Win7 Ultimate Signature Edition given to Launch Party givers?

It IS the same version (with some possible goodies thrown in) and a repair (upgrade over itself) install does overwrite the code while saving programs/settings, so ideally it would reactivate using the Sig Edition license key and be able to preserve my RTM installation which I like a lot.

Just askin.... Thanks.

A:Worth trying to upgrade RTM with PartyPack Ultimate?

You will be lucky if you GET any EXTRAS with the PartyPack Ultimate Disk.

With Vista the Super Duper Signature Version was nothing more that a
RTM version in a fancy case with Bill Gates Signature on it...

Party Pack

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/27862-worth-trying-upgrade-rtm-partypack-ultimate.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought a Dell computer off the shelf about a year ago and already its struggling with games such as Half Life 2, Doom 3 etc. I feel tempted to just build a computer from scratch with the best stuff but unfortunatly Im still paying for this computer :stickout:

my question is, what would be the best purchase for me right now to bring my computer back to scratch and play all these games like their meant to be played. Im torn between getting some new RAM or a Video Card, maybe both. Any suggestions are welcome.

here are the specs:
P4 2.66ghz
256 RAM (PC800 or PC1066 RDRAM non-ECC)
128mb ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (AGP 4x)
80gb HD

A:Is it really worth the Upgrade? (Video Cards and RAM)

RAM. Add at least 512 MB of it. Other components are fine (unless you're using a PC beeper instead of a soundcard).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-really-worth-the-upgrade-video-cards-and-ram.18734/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey,

Is this a worth while upgrade or should I get something a little more expensive? Im on a budget, so I don't want to spend too much. Will I see a good performance increase for Windows 7?

What im looking at:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/174120

What I currently have:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/176040

Or do you reccomend a different one? Dont mind weather its ATI or Nvidia.

Thank you.

Relevancy 51.6%

hello i use my computer frequently for fps rts gaming and chat over things like steam xfire teamspeak ventrilo and stuff like that recently my computer has started to not perform as well as it used to as games get higher and higher in requirements like my favorite rts game Supreme commander Forged Alliance is considerably slow when ever i get a big enough base or play with even one computer AI so i am considering an upgrade to the following hardware but I m not really sure on the price does it seem like a fair price to you guys as i am only and get paid AU an hour this is a really important it? worth computer parts upgrade decision for me and i can not make it lightly Motherboard ASUS Pt Socket Dual LAN CH DTS SATA onboard eSATA A PCIeX PCI X USB X CPU INTEL CORE i MB CACHE X XGT SEC QPI computer upgrade parts worth it? LGA SOCKET RAM DDR PC MhZ GB X CL Video Card Evga computer upgrade parts worth it? GTX MB DDR BIT PCI-E HDCP HDTV DVI-I x G-N GTX R DD GTX MB Delivery Labour AU i don t understand how his math works because i couldn t add it up right but that s what he sent me anyway nbsp

A:computer upgrade parts worth it?

i have no clue what any of the hardware is except for the processor and half of what is written about it i do not understand, these parts are what i was recommended to buy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-upgrade-parts-worth-it.870073/
Relevancy 51.6%

i know all the top graphics cards that are out there at the mo,but dont have no cash!a radeon 9700 128 has come my way for next to nothing and i would really like to know if its any better speed/eye candy wise than my nvidia fx5200.i have heard that the 5200 is pants as is all fx models but i think its a good card for free from a good freind!!.the only reason i want to upgrade is to play battlefield 2 properly,which my fx5200 doesnt fully support dx9? 3.0 shader? i think.?? so if anyone has lots of good info for me im all ears.by the way that radeon is (hopefully) gonna cost me less than £10.good or bad?help me out please!! :wave: :wave:

A:upgrade from fx5200 to 9700 pro worth it ?

I read someplace back that BF2 "only" supports these cards:
Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series
------------

I suppose this list would also include NEW cards since then. So your fx5200 is off the list
And don't even think about the 9700 either. While it does support DX9, it is right on the edge of falling off the charts as a useful vid card. Unless you get the "Pro" version of course.
Go for anything on that list or better, for BF2.

Then head over the tomshardware to see their benchmarks for AGP and PCI-E vid cards. This chart is for AGP using 3DMark 2005:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/05/vga_charts_vii/page4.html

My card is the X850XT PE AGP, it plays BF2 VERY well

Happy hunting dude!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-from-fx5200-to-9700-pro-worth-it.43261/
Relevancy 51.6%

I currently am running a W with i - QM GHz and gb RAM with an NVIDIA Quadro M nbsp It is overkill for what I use it to Yoga X1 to Worth it Oled? upgrade for which is browers typically - chrome tabs with light Adobe PS and Illustrator work some AutoCAD nbsp I no longer do video or graphics rendering nbsp It still runs great and fast still but too heavy to bring with me everywhere I go nbsp nbsp Also the display is horrible nbsp I'm looking for something with a touchscreen capability and mobile nbsp Worth it to upgrade to Yoga X1 Oled? I am considering the OLED X Yoga just because of the screen and mobility However my biggest concern is this nbsp Will the speed actually be slower when compared to my W nbsp I would get the i - u with gb RAM nbsp I need this purchase to stay with me for the next years just as my W did and would like some reassurance that it will be somewhat of a speed upgrade nbsp Am I wrong nbsp Please advise nbsp Thanks

A:Worth it to upgrade to Yoga X1 Oled?

I'm using my Yoga X1 fort PS and LR.Even though LR has problems with the GPU (as it does with many GPUs), the Yoga zips through anything I've thrown at it.  The reason I bought it is because I use it heavily when I travel for these two programs (particularly LR), and every ounce of weight is important to me.  I did NOT get the OLED, as the super-hires monitors create problems with fontsize, and the FHD is sharp enough for my purposes.  Other than that, it is with all the  top-level specs.  Also, I paid extra to get Windows 7, as I have had Win 10 on several other machines, and the periodic updates caused so many problems that I was spending more time getting my computers to work than I was working with them.  It's funny that under your name is the tag "What's DOS?", as I had to use DOS on one of these computers to change foldernames as Win 10 refused to let me change the name of any folders, existing or new!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Worth-it-to-upgrade-to-Yoga-X1-Oled/td-p/3359837
Relevancy 51.6%

hi, I was wondering if I have 256 2100ddr memory would it be worth it to buy a 512 mb. My computer ism sometimes slow and freezes and I was wondering if the more memory would eliminate that. thanks for your time. and If anyone knows of a website I can get 512 2100ddr then please post it here or send to me thanks.

A:is it worth money to upgrade memory

You can leave the task-manager open (CTRL-ALT-DEL or CTRL-SHIFT-ESC) & see your memory usage while you're using your computer. If you're constantly around or even above 256mb, it might be a good idea to get an extra 256mb.

There's no need to specifically look for PC2100 Ram. PC2700 & PC3200 DDR Ram use the same connection interface & will work fine at PC2100 speeds. The small price difference between PC2100 & faster Ram does not justify going to PC2100.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-money-to-upgrade-memory.17237/
Relevancy 51.6%

HP PAVILION P7-1235Windows 7 Home Prem 64-bitPurchased: Dec. 2012Perhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p7-1200-Desktop-PC-series/5187022/model/5233650/docu...HP Desktop PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10It says:"If you purchased your computer prior to August 2013, HP has not tested or developed drivers for your computer model. Some features might not work, or the installation might not be successful."Is it worth trying to upgrade to Windows 10?Or is it futile and not worth trying?

A:HP P7-1235 Upgrade to Windows 10 - worth trying?

@BobJ-Maine?, welcome to the forum. The answer to your question is, how much are you willing to do to get it running properly?  HP doesn't have Win 10 software or drivers for your computer.  Therefore, you will have to depend on Windows Udate for any help.  If you aren't planning to keep your computer very much longer, I wouldn't recommend it. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-P7-1235-Upgrade-to-Windows-10-worth-trying/td-p/5689186
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello. I am an avid gamer playing on a fairly nice PC I built myself. I never added a sound card as my motherboard has onboard "High Definition" audio. I've been shopping sound cards and they are not that expensive but I am not excited about giving up the PCI slot if this will not be a significant upgrade. I know back in the day onboard anything has been sub par but now the audio is "High Def" and comes with digital outputs. I have a nice set of 2.1 speakers however I use headphones most of the time in gaming.

So, am I holding back my PC by not making this upgrade? Here is a link to my mobo's website...

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=122-M2-NF59-TR&family=400

Thanks!!

A:Sound cards, worth the upgrade?

unless you are recording in multitrack which you need full duplex you can do without it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-cards-worth-the-upgrade.646787/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm still fairly satisfied with my current system It does what I need it to and runs all the games that I want to run at p and to $100? enough this upgrade gain Will processor the me worth be at relatively high quality levels and a pretty decent frame rate However Will this processor upgrade gain me enough to be worth the $100? I'm considering replacing my GTX SLI setup with a newer single graphics card more than likely a GTX or GTX and replacing the processor I just purchased but haven't installed another GB of RAM taking me up to GB I currently have a Core i - processor and am considering replacing it with a Core I - I'm curious if anyone could give me an idea what sort of boost increase I may see I guess I'm referring to mostly gaming as I doubt I'll see much speed increase when entering data or running reports in Family Tree Maker or surfing CNN or any other general tasks I do a little CD ripping for my ipod and some ripping of my DVDs and Blu-Rays for use on my tablet and I know those can be fairly CPU intensive So does anyone have any idea how the Core i - Lynnfield and the I - Lynnfield compare to each other Thanks http speccy piriform com results d nxOCfClZBi F

A:Will this processor upgrade gain me enough to be worth the $100?

Intel Core i7 870 vs i5 750

Scroll down to see how they compare to each other, and click to see how they each compare to newer parts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359745-will-processor-upgrade-gain-me-enough-worth-100-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

ciao ho un problema , ho un hp probook 470 ed ho istallato windows dieci appena uscito, adesso senza fare niente mi esce questo messaggio quando accendo il computer: bootdevice not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk. mi potete aiutare grazie

A:Re: HP P7-1235 Upgrade to Windows 10 - worth trying?

@giovanni12

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: ??????????
Korean: HP ??????
Thank you for your understanding.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-HP-P7-1235-Upgrade-to-Windows-10-worth-trying/td-p/5692254
Relevancy 51.6%

Just looking at the new Haswell processors from Intel. Thought it may be interesting to see what everyones thoughts are on the new 1150 processor.

Example on which we can work from. I will build 2 x business desktop computers both running 120GB SSD hard drives

Intel Pentium G620 / MSI B75MA-E33 total cost = ?83

Intel Pentium G3220 3.00GHz (Haswell) / MSI B85M-P33 total cost = ?104

Is there any real gain / price on the above? or is it too early to say?

Has anyone tried out the Haswell processors?

all comments welcome.

A:Intel Haswell... worth the upgrade?

Hello ascomputers mate it might be worth asking in here I know it is a lot about overclocking but the folks in there are using Haswells .
Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/304181-intel-haswell-worth-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi nbsp Im an IT student and some people at college told me that its possible to upgrade a laptop to a SSD Im using a Lenovo Y - for my study which came with a build in SSHD The only thing i know about this hard drive is that it has the ''speed'' of a SSD and storage of a HDD I know a bit better it uses TB on actual storage and the SSD part comes from a GB cache part of the drive nbsp Im SSHD worth upgrade Lenovo to SSD Y50-70 it?? considering to upgrade but still wonder about some things Would it make a huge difference between a SSD and an SSHD or is the SSHD in the middle between an SSD an HDD How would i need to upgrade Can i do it myself or do i have to take it back to the store The salesman at the store told me it was possible to upgrade later but im afraid that the warranty will expire when i do it myself also when i send it back to the store because my laptop is only one year old Are all brands of SSD compatible with the Lenovo Y - because i would want to buy a TB so i won't downgrade my storage to upgrade my laptop speed Which part of the speed will be upgraded Only the local saved files and booting or also surfing the web nbsp I understand that it would allow me to run more tabs of chrome on the background but im also able to do that now so i Lenovo Y50-70 SSHD to SSD upgrade worth it?? don't really understand Lenovo Y50-70 SSHD to SSD upgrade worth it?? what would be faster about a SSD which a SSHD doesn't have nbsp I'de love to hear some replies about my questions Cheers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-SSHD-to-SSD-upgrade-worth-it/td-p/3351543
Relevancy 51.6%

I just did a virus cleanup on a Sony Viao desktop, probably about 5 years old. They're wondering if I can get it to go any faster.

It's running a P3 750 about 128 MB Ram and Win98. If it didn't have a 15 inch flat screen connected to it, I'd say it's probably not worth it.

What do you say? Still worth of another stick of memory, maybe a new processor?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys, long time, no see!

I've still got an old laptop that is running Vista, Pentium dual-core 1.6 Ghz CPU and 2 GB memory (max it can take).

I've thought about installing Windows 7 on it, but I'm afraid it would run even slower than it does now.

What are your thoughts/opinions? 2 cents are welcome!

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-from-vista-to-win7-worth-it.1169907/
Relevancy 51.6%

Quote As any new version of Windows one of the questions which puts any user is quot what brings new quot and quot Is that worth the upgrade quot And rightly 7 the to Windows reasons is worth upgrade 10 it why so Not all new versions bring lots of news and important enough to convince the user or a specific company to invest in upgrade At Windows Upgrade subject is more sensitive because it comes after Vista an OS that simply quot did not work quot for some people Windows doesn't comes with revolutionary ideas Moving step from Vista to Windows is not as big as the one from Windows to Windows XP for example Some people see in Windows a kind of service pack to Vista which on the one hand it is true First care for those at Microsoft was to Windows image don't look just as rumple as that of Windows Vista The second was to Windows don't take Vista's problems Finally only the third plane had located new functions Yes there are sufficient reasons why it deserves to upgrade to Windows Here are of them perhaps most important Running more fluently I don't go into boring explanations the essence is that Vista is suffering in certain situations a slow rolling whose fault is somewhere between Aero interface and video card The problem was repaired in Windows and the new OS is more fluent and respond more 10 reasons why it is worth the upgrade to Windows 7 quickly to common commands In this chapter Windows it proves to be higher and superior to Windows XP not only to Vista On new computers indifferently they are stronger or weaker Windows is over XP I did this test on a netbook and I was surprised to see that Windows runs better than XP's on a netbook with standard specifications Intel Atom processor one GB of RAM If XP's became slower with time and installing a large number of programs Windows keeps its flexibility even if Windows registry causes increase in size of the keys added by programs installed Boot and shutdown times better Windows starts and closes faster than Vista No need to timers if you runed Vista in the last - years you felt it For some this is very important To me that never close the system on the laptop and give one restart about once a week is not as important And here it appears as another's Windows good thing you can keep it open longer with regular standby breaks without problems XP Mode Compatibility issues between Vista and Windows are minimal or not at for all However a number of programs still refuses to go on another operating system than XP For these cases there's XP Mode - a virtual environment in which programs compatible only with Windows XP can be used under Windows XPMode New Taskbar Contrary to those which think is not important the new taskbar is one of the main reasons why it deserves to upgrade Your taskbar in Windows is more flexible and more functional Quick Launch toolbar is merged with taskbar itself you can reorder the windows on the taskbar and you can choose to display only the icon of a program without the related text New Taskbar On a wide screen resolution of at least x pixels your taskbar in Windows on mode quot Always combine hide labels quot is standing good on sides Autonomy Windows beats previous OS and at autonomy On laptops Windows offers autonomy with higher than Vista or even longer in some cases Although options for Power are largely the same Windows brings something new here function Dim the lights Dim the lights is exactly the same feature that we know from cell phones When not feeding the outlet and is idle the screen gradually reduce its brightness How the screen is one of the biggest consumers of energy the economy is taken as such Wireless For those who have laptops and connect to one or more wireless network the mode how Windows handles this issue is a good reason to upgrade Managing connections is very simple If you click the networking icon in the Taskbar will be displayed in a small window all available networks Double click on the desired network and within seconds you wil... Read more

A:10 reasons why it is worth the upgrade to Windows 7

Worth to upgrade?

Post some comments!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/22577-10-reasons-why-worth-upgrade-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i was thinking of upgrading my videocard and RAM but i seem to have a problem finding a videocard Heres my specs first Mobo Asus k v Se Deluxe supports socket Cpu Amd Athlon Videocard Geforce gt AGP I wanted to stay with nvidia and i was looking for another AGP card like the but it seems to me that everything has switched to pci-express And as far as the ram goes currently i have mb sticks i was wondering is Mobo It Upgrade (Is and Complete New It?) Worth dual channel the best way to go or ddr I did some research and found these hardware for a complete new build Mobo Cpu Asus A N-SLI NVIDIA Socket ATX Motherboard and an AMD Athlon GHz Processor with Fan VideoCard PNY GeForce GT MB GDDR PCI Express SLI Dual DVI VIVO Video Card with Free Call Duty PC Game RAM Corsair Value Select Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory What do you think is it worth going to SLI And one more question if i am running the dual channel x mb sticks and i want to upgrade another gig do i have to buy another set of x mb or can i just buy one complete gig sorry for all these questions but ive only had expierence with building computers once so far lol thank you for answering or trying to answer my questions nbsp

A:Mobo and Complete New Upgrade (Is It Worth It?)

Your configuration looks very good. You will have to upgrade with two move 512 sticks if you want to keep dual channel. It is cheaper than a 1 GB stick anyway. SLI doesn't pay off yet. Wait untill you need it in a year. But get what you have there, just get another 7800 later. And make sure you get the same model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-and-complete-new-upgrade-is-it-worth-it.38554/
Relevancy 51.6%

I can only say that the two sticks of value select memory I used to have in my computer both went bad. I switched over to crucial with no problems. I imagine with corsair the quality is high also. It just goes to say, you get what you pay for.

A:Corsair XMS vs. Corsair vs. Value Select Memory

two sticks of value select memory I used to have in my computer both went bad.Click to expand...

That's where the "lifetime warranty" comes in handy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-xms-vs-corsair-vs-value-select-memory.44248/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
Is it possible to install Windows server 2012 Hyper-v on windows 8 Hyper-v? or should I use Wmware Workstation.

Thanks

A:Virtualize for test Win2012 Hyper-v server on Windows 8 Hyper-v?

You can't run hyper-v (any version) inside a VM so neither would work,
and even if you could it would be so painfully slow as to be unusable.

Bob Comer - Microsoft MVP Virtual Machine

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/23543f9d-a631-420b-adf0-7242b0e7ee86/virtualize-for-test-win2012-hyperv-server-on-windows-8-hyperv?forum=w8itprovirt
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I was just curious if I should invest in the EVGA's step up program and spend the extra $100 or so dollars to upgrade to the 640MB card. I am not too knowledgeable about how much of a difference it would make in my gaming. I want to play all the new games comming out, currently all of them run just fine and above 30fps on max stettings ((other than a few spikes) Bioshock, TF2). But I know Crysis is going to be much more demanding. Any help and/or input is greatly appreciated.

-Thanks

My Specs are:
Intel Q6600 (Stock)
EVGA 8800GTS 320MB (Stock)
MSI P6N SLI Platinum (nForce 650i)
Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2 800 (PC6400)
OCZ GameXStream 600W
Samsung 400GB 7200RPM SATA

A:Upgrade from a 8800GTS 320MB to a 640MB worth it?

unless you're playing at resolutions like 1600x1200 then there wouldn't be a lot of difference the 320mb model can handle 1280x1024 (and a bit more) pretty well on high settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-from-a-8800gts-320mb-to-a-640mb-worth-it.90279/
Relevancy 51.17%

I received a Dell Inspiron 600m for free. Has 1.6 GHz CPU and 80GB HDD.

Installed Windows 7 x86 and have all the correct drivers. Everything is working fine.

It is slow but not too bad with hard page faults high and CPU usage hitting 100% depending on activity.

Currently has 768GB memory @266MHz (it actually uses 333MHz but has a one 512GB stick @266 that reduces the overall speed).

I can upgrade the RAM to 2GB @333MHz for $46. (It also needs a nes battery but that is a secondary consideration.)

Intended usage is web-surfing, email and Word. Can anyone who has this model comment on whether the $46 will be worth it in terms of performance boost? It seems to be a pretty solid, though older, machine. A bit more "snap" in web surfing would make it fine for the intended usage....

A:Is memory upgrade for Inspiron 600m worth it?

I'd say don't bother. What you should do is Install XP, or the original version of Windows that came on it using the License key on the COA sticker.

Win 7 take a lot of resources, much more then XP, and really isn't meant to be run on that model notebook.

XP will work just fine for your intended usage of that system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256761-memory-upgrade-inspiron-600m-worth.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I bought these ASUS P P mobo Newegg com - ASUS P P upgrade 7 from to Windows hardware? it Vista Is it with new to worth REV LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS Intel Core i - GHz Newegg com - Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Is it worth it to upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista with new hardware? Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I GB of DDR RAM Newegg com - G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Newegg com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive nVidia GTX SE GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Video Card Newegg com - EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTX SE Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card The mobo manual quot recommends quot that you should use the latest supported OS to quot maximize quot your features So this made me wonder a bit because my Vista quot Windows Experience Index quot is which I don't think it was too much lower before with year old hardware Does Vista bottleneck performance with new hardware Should I upgrade to Windows or else I would suffer some sort of performance hit I'm not using any SDD's or multitouch screens or anything like that

A:Is it worth it to upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista with new hardware?

At this point in time why not wait for Windows 8. You buy Win 7 & install it and within the year Win 8 has been released and tested.
Personally I skip an OS instead of shelling out the money and taking the time to do a clean install. 1 computer went from xp Pro, skipping vista, to Win 7, my computer still on Vista Ultimate 64 bit waiting for Win 8, skipping Win 7. The laptop still on XP Media Center which was recently sent to be repaired and came back with 2002 OEM version instead of the 2005 retail version that was on it.

Best bet tho is which ever one you install, go 64 bit.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291555-worth-upgrade-windows-7-vista-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I searched the forums for some 4400 $10? Upgrade CPU Worth Dell Solved: help but everything I found had expired Here s the low down I have an ancient Dell Dimm that was given to me a few years ago I have been using it to quot practice quot on So far I have frugally upgraded the PSU memory GPU and HDD It is only used for a few limited purposes web browsing Solved: Dell 4400 CPU Upgrade Worth $10? email and listening to watching podcasts Video playback has become a bit Solved: Dell 4400 CPU Upgrade Worth $10? troublesome All of the codecs I play work flawlessly except h within iTunes The video becomes choppy at best while most times there are Solved: Dell 4400 CPU Upgrade Worth $10? starts and stops I know this is a VERY old system so I am not expecting a miracle but The CPU I currently have is a P gHz FSB I have found a compatible gHz I can purchase locally for with HSF Does anyone think that a CPU upgrade will allow me to watch h videos smoothly Some other current specs Windows XP Home SP WD IDE GB HDD RPM GB RAM w PSU P gHz CPU GeForce MB I ve heard of users being able to use this computer as a HTPC with full HD playback Could this be true Do I have the wrong GPU Any thoughts would be appreciated before I drop even a measly It would just be nice to watch some better quality video playback w o having to spend much Thanks in advance KCC nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I bought these ASUS Vista to worth hardware? upgrade new to it Windows from with 7 Is it P P mobo Newegg com - ASUS P P amp REV amp LGA Intel P SATA Gb amp s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS Intel Core i - GHz Newegg com - Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz amp GHz Turbo Boost amp x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I GB of DDR RAM Newegg com - G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB amp x GB amp -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR amp PC amp Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Newegg com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb amp s amp Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive nVidia GTX SE GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Video Card Newegg com - EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTX SE amp Fermi amp GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card The mobo manual quot recommends quot that you should use the latest supported OS to quot maximize quot your features So this made me wonder a bit because my Vista quot Windows Experience Index quot is which I don't think it was too much lower before with year old hardware Does Vista bottleneck performance with new hardware Should I upgrade to Windows or else I would suffer some sort of performance hit I'm not using any SDD's or multitouch screens or anything like that

A:Is it worth it to upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista with new hardware?

You can also run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor on your existing rig. Connect your peripherals and make sure they are switched on before you start the WGA scan and any conflicts will be flagged up.

With the specifications you've posted, I'd have no hesitation in upgrading to Windows 7 for a far better computing experience.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/176525-worth-upgrade-windows-7-vista-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using Windows Insider Preview upgraded from Windows fully updated I had installed remove - feature Hyper-V running not Hyper-V Hypervisor can't the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK but when I tried to Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature start a VM I created in this case Windows Server TP since I want to explore the new nested Hyper-V feature I got the message that the Hyperrvisor was not running Indeed when Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature I created the services admin tool the HV was not running although it was set to staRt automatic Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature I could not start it - failed immediately Most annoying I could not remove the Hyper-V feature Windows started the removal process after rebooting but then rolled the changes back because it could not apply them I restored Windows from a recent image I created using AOEMI Backupper The restore worked flawlessly and instead of trying to remove Hyper-V I've disabled all its processes Now I can install VMware Workstation and Virtualbox but I really wanted to try Hyper-V Has anybody got Hyper-V working on Windows - what version if so Is there a workaround for the Insider Preview or if not how I can I file a bug TIA V

A:Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Yes, quite a few have se it up and used it without issue. have you read the tutorial?

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/35035-hyper-v-hypervisor-not-running-cant-remove-hyper-v-feature.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using Windows Insider Preview upgraded from Windows fully updated I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest can't - not remove Hyper-V Hyper-V feature Hypervisor running Windows but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK but when I tried to start a VM I created in this case Windows Server TP since I want to explore the new nested Hyper-V feature I got the message that the Hyperrvisor was not running Indeed when I created the services admin tool the HV was not running although it was set to staRt automatic I could not start it - failed immediately Most annoying I could not remove the Hyper-V feature Windows started the removal process after rebooting but then rolled the changes back because it could not apply them I restored Windows from a recent image I created using AOEMI Backupper The restore worked flawlessly and instead of trying to remove Hyper-V I've disabled all its processes Now I can install VMware Workstation and Virtualbox but I really wanted to try Hyper-V Has anybody got Hyper-V working on Windows - what version if so Is there a workaround for the Insider Preview or if not how I can I file a bug TIA V

A:Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Yes, quite a few have se it up and used it without issue. have you read the tutorial?

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35035-hyper-v-hypervisor-not-running-cant-remove-hyper-v-feature.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I am building up to building a PC for the first time As a practice run I was planning on doing a mobo CPU upgrade to my current PC I plan to order an Asus P T C i E with an Intel P w FSB What I am wondering is whether my current case and power supply is worth keeping or not It case/power worth / saving? upgrade MOBO is the case that came with my Compaq Persario US model P series It has a watt power supply MOBO upgrade / case/power worth saving? and one rear case fan My main concern was if I do not plan to overclock would this be a sufficient number of fans for this mobo CPU Or is it really just worth it to spend some cash for a new case power supply MOBO upgrade / case/power worth saving? Current Rigg Compaq Persairo MOBO upgrade / case/power worth saving? US OS Wnk GB Intel Mobo modified by Compaq megs of PC PNY Geforce Ti megs PNY gig Harddrive Western Digitall AB DVD-rom OEM CDR OEM Accton Network card EN D Series nbsp

A:MOBO upgrade / case/power worth saving?

I mixed up my mobos on that one. I should have put Intel Motherboard D850EMV2 for the upgrade. The ASUS board would have been if I was looking to overclock but on this particular machine it is not even a consideration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-upgrade-case-power-worth-saving.97401/
Relevancy 50.74%

HI I have a ATI Radeon HD running with the latest drivers with a monitor setup I have been HD worth monitor for 3 for ATI it 5770 - Upgrade setup Radeon playing a fair amount of video recently either with video editing Upgrade worth it for ATI Radeon - HD 5770 for 3 monitor setup or playing back streaming video I've always noticed that I would have times were video would get choppy or playback with alot of artifacts for lack of a better term where the video screen is not refreshing smoothly Much of the time when I see this happen I will still appear to Upgrade worth it for ATI Radeon - HD 5770 for 3 monitor setup have system resources available and I suspect I am pushing my video card to the limit If I run the system with just my video editor open for example it I would normally get pretty decent playback I use Adobe Lightroom and Sony vegas which I think both use partial GPU assist Would I be likely to see a new video card clear up any video playback issues on my system or in any other way speed things up Thanks Jamie

A:Upgrade worth it for ATI Radeon - HD 5770 for 3 monitor setup

A newer card, especially an HD 7xxx card, will be able to use the latest drivers (12.11 Beta), but I think your 5770 should ALSO be able to do that. So, I would try using those drivers before buying a new card -- at least, to see if the drivers clear up the artifact problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/261895-upgrade-worth-ati-radeon-hd-5770-3-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Win The symptom is adapters in Device Manager that I can't remove From uninstall adapters Hyper-V Hyper-V or itself Network Can't time to time this problem interferes with the Ethernet card on the PC Can't uninstall Hyper-V Network adapters or Hyper-V itself and I lose all connectivity for the host OS nbsp So I really need to fix this nbsp I've currently recovered connectivity by deleting my VM and the virtual switch in Hyper-V manager but I'd like to resolve this problem properly by eliminating these 'unattached' adapters I've read many posts and still am not convinced I know which steps to take nbsp Many of the posts seem a little dated so I'm concerned I'll create additional problems if I follow old stuff nbsp Here are a few of the solutions I've seen on the boards edit the registry up to times nbsp This doesn't sound like a great idea but if that's what it takes https social technet microsoft com forums windowsserver en-US e af-b - d -ac -c e c cc fd cannot-remove-ms-virtual-network-switch-adapter-leftover-of-hyperv nbsp and nbsp https social technet microsoft com Forums windowsserver en-US f b e-f dc- c - ff- db b hyperv-networking-woes forum winserverhyperv remove the adapter in something called the Administrative Website nbsp I don't really know what that is nbsp Is that a current piece of software for use with Hyper-V on Win nbsp I have been using the Hyper-V manager nbsp Is that not good enough nbsp If Administrative Website is relevant where do I find a copy for Win https technet microsoft com en-us library cc v ws aspx f amp MSPPError - I tried to uninstall Hyper-V and couldn't nbsp I went through Control Panel gt Programs and Features gt Turn Windows features on or off and unchecked Hyper-V nbsp When the process was over I could still run Hyper-V even though the checkbox is cleared out nbsp in the Windows Features panel nbsp I wonder what's going on there Other suggestions were to go to a restore point or even worse refresh the system thereby removing everything else as well nbsp There must be an explanation for what's happening here that doesn't involve nuking my workstation So if someone could get me started on fixing this I would appreciate it nbsp I had this problem once before and was able to remove Hyper-V which cleared the adapters from Device Manager but I can't do this now because of item above Thanks for your help in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13c15964-f380-4a65-ab64-b7d39cbd65c3/cant-uninstall-hyperv-network-adapters-or-hyperv-itself?forum=w8itprovirt
Relevancy 49.88%

I upgraded from the free version of AVG in 2013 and again in 2014 as the free version no longer included a firewall. I am 3 months away from renewal for 2015,. I received a message from AVG about yet another upgrade, a better version for 2015, renew now. I thought I should ask the techies on Tom's guide first. Does anyone know if this will really be better? Also I am used to the graphics. The advert says it is "clearer" but I might not get on with that.I need all the help I can get as I still have Win XP, on an old HP Pavilion. I cannot upgrade to Win 8 on this old PC, for example. Therefore I think the anti-virus is important.I'd be grateful for any comments, please. I cannot afford new equipment (am retired). I do not use the PC for banking, music, games. Thanks. message edited by beetroot

A:Is it worth to upgrade AVG anti-virus package, paid version?

I have used the paid version of AVG for many years now, and i love it. They improved the GUI from the older versions from late 2013 and have made more and more improvements to it to date. From the many years i have used AVG what i can tell you is that my machine has become less and less infected over the years, it is not solely down to having AVG but it has helped considerably. To answer your question about will it actually be better, well i dont think it will be any worse than what you have right now, however being a beta version there may be bugs that will hinder your user experience, i personaly dont like beta version because they are still in the 'development' phase and will have many bugs. If i were you id wait until your current subsciption expires and then renew online, it only take a few minutes so you dont have to rush and renew now.

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/is-it-worth-to-upgrade-avg-antivirus-package-paid-version/39792.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey, guys I am a total computer noob, that's why I came with this question.
I am planning getting a corsair H80i, it has a sata power connector, the pic:

Beside that I have a Corsair CX750 modular PSU, the pic :

As you can see there is no way that the sata power connector of H80i can directly plugged into the PSU, so I want to know which additional cable I need to connect them together, some link to those webshop would be great thx in advance!!!

A:Corsair H80i and Corsair PSU

You do not need any additional cable it connects to one of the SATA power leads from the PSU. - which are themselves modular connections to the body of the PSU

This will help you
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage/Corsair-H80i-CPU-Cooler-Review/1709

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corsair-h80i-and-corsair-psu.1107730/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello Emulator Hyper Hyper 10 How To Install - Won't V V Install And Windows i am having trouble installing the Windows mobile emulator for Visual Studio First I got this message when I attemped to install the first time see screenshot Dropbox - install microsoft emulator st try PNG So I went to the bios menu and seen Hardware Virtulization was disabled See Screenshot Dropbox - CAM jpg I then enabled Hardware virtualization See Screenshot Dropbox - CAM jpg I then went back to install the Emulator again and then I got this message See Screenshot Dropbox - install microsoft emulator nd try PNG So I then went to the website suggested on the first error message How to enable Hyper-V for the emulator for Windows Phone to find out what went wrong and it said to a SLAT Check I download the software and I performed the check and the results were good See Screenshot Dropbox - install microsoft emulator screen PNG It then said to perform the quot Checking BIOS settings required by How To Install Emulator And Hyper V - Hyper V Won't Install Windows 10 Hyper-V for Data Execution Prevention quot Went to How To Install Emulator And Hyper V - Hyper V Won't Install Windows 10 the performance option and the message said my computer supports hardware based DEP So I should be able to use Hyper V See Screenshot Dropbox - DEP screenshot PNG Next it said to perform quot Enabling Hyper-V in Windows quot and THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS Hyper V is not showing up in features See Screenshot Dropbox - no Hyper V screeshot PNG So I searched on google to find solutions and came across a few websites to check more enabling options One was to see if Hyper V is in System Information It is and everyting is marked quot yes quot See Screenshot Dropbox - System Info-Hyper V screenshot PNG I Then went to a over everything again and found something on installing Hyper V and tried it and still not Showing up in Features Another article said see if Hyper V is in System Configuration and enable See Screenshot https www dropbox com s czd el wb PNG PNG dl So I unticked one quot Wallet Service quot so I could quot Enable All quot and clicked enable all restarted my computer Still Hyper V on Features Another article said Try turning on Hyper V on from services so I did that and got this error message saying quot it stated the stopped quot See Screenshot https www dropbox com s z uyyqeh t PNG dl Still can't get Hyper V Here is the version of Windows on my computer Windows Home See Screenshot https www dropbox com s lui l ih eshot PNG dl Now some sites say I have to have Windows Pro or Enterprise My response would be why would my computer have everything else in place with Hyper V and I would not be able to use it

A:How To Install Emulator And Hyper V - Hyper V Won't Install Windows 10

Simple: you have Windows 10 Home edition, it has no Hyper-V. Hyper-V is only available in Pro, Education and Enterprise editions. There's no way you can run Windows Phone emulators because the only way to run them is Hyper-V, which you don't have because of your chosen edition.

You can use Windows 10 Home edition to connect to Hyper-V virtual machines on Pro, Education and Enterprise editions, therefore even the Home edition has parts of Hyper-V to offer this so called Virtual Machine Connection to another Hyper-V server.

In screenshot, green highlight shows the parts of Hyper-V you have in Home edition. They allow you to to connect to so called Hyper-V servers (Windows 10 Pro, Education, Enterprise) and use virtual machines like for instance Windows Phone emulators installed on them over the network.

The parts required for a computer to act as Hyper-V server for virtual machines is highlighted red. That's the parts your Home edition is missing.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/56341-how-install-emulator-hyper-v-hyper-v-wont-install-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I keep seeing PC's for sale with 64 - bit Vista, but I've heard here and there it might be more trouble than it's worth (not compatible w/ certain drivers/programs, etc), whereas regular 32-bit might be less hassle.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Anyone know?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Doug

Relevancy 38.27%

This is the PSU Corsair AX be Enough? Will 750 A computer that i'm running at the moment but i would like to know if my PSU is supporting it well or A Corsair AX 750 PSU Will be Enough? if i'm losing some performance because of it System Manufacturer Model Number N A OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Service Pack CPU Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC SABERTOOTH X Memory GB MHZ Ripjaws Z G Skill F - CL q- GBZH Graphics Card s NVIDIA GeForce GTX Asus Sound Card Motherboard Input Monitor s Displays Sansung SyncMaster P ' Screen Resolution x x bits colors Hz Hard Drives Crucial M SSD PSU Corsair AX Case Corsair Obsidian D Cooling Corsair H Liquid Cooler Keyboard SATE AK- Mouse CLONE Internet Speed mbps MB s Other Info Logitech V-UBK Webcan Always ON Logitech Speaker Z- Digital Normaly ON Razer Megalodon Headset Always ON T LaCie External Hard Disk Hardly Ever ON HP Coloro Laser Jet CP Normaly ON Philips ' TV PFL Hardly Ever ON

A:A Corsair AX 750 PSU Will be Enough?

I have a similar setup, with a 620 watt Antec power supply (see my specs). The 750 watt should be more than adequate for what you have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271434-corsair-ax-750-psu-will-enough.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am installing a CX750m PSU, problem is on a cable im not sure which end goes in ?
Eg. one end of the cable says PCI-E and the other says type3
So which end is connected to the PSU?

Thanks

A:Help ! (for those who use a Corsair PSU)

On my Corsair HX750 PCI-E goes to the video card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334840-help-those-who-use-corsair-psu.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Is it to be be avoided by serious gamers or is it in the same league as crucial and kingston?

A:corsair ram

Actually, Corsair is preferred over crucial and kingston.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corsair-ram.352535/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys,

I want to run my computer with a 64-bit OS and I want to purchase 8GB of memory,

What do you think is better?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145184
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227269

Relevancy 38.27%

does anyone know where i can find corsair ddr400 pc3200 184pin ram as my local pc world doesnt stock it, all they stock is value select or something. i would appreci ate any help....also would i better fitting 4x 512mb corsair, or 2x 1gb....thank you in advance

A:corsair ram help

The best site would be http://newegg.com

Here is all corsair's XMS line http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&description=&srchInDesc=&minPrice=&maxPrice=

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-ram-help.54078/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello, me again
I was wondering if anyone knows if the WINX1024-4000PRO XMS4000 1024MB 3-4-4-8 (2x512MB ) works fine with a K8N Neo2 Platinum? And if it doesn't anyone knows about another model that does work fine from corsair also? I've seen the specs for this RAM at the MSI webpage but it isn't there... but I've been told it does work
Thank you very much

Dre0745

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-and-corsair.270308/
Relevancy 38.27%

When I check on newegg today, under the pc memory section I take an advance search and search my way through Corsair, then I saw Corsair XMS and Corsair Memory. That confused me, isn't both of them the same brand? is the XMS better than the other one???
Just a quick question... Did someone know about this?!?!

A:Two different Corsair???? WOA

XMS - - - xtreme memory speed
http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/xms.html

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic44248.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-different-corsair-woa.44601/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey everyone I just have a quick question here regarding the RAM upgrade I am getting next weekend Basically there are two to choose from for me Corsair TWINX MB PC MHz Dual Channel DDR Memory x MB - - - http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Corsair TWINX Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB - - - http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Basically my question is which one would be the better choice The first one has an OK speed of MHz but has timings of - - - The second one has a faster speed of MHz however the latency is much higher at - - - Given these two choices which would you go for I personally would go with the lower timings because I think - - - is too high latency What do you think Any ideas are appreciated Thanks grinthumb nbsp

A:Which Corsair RAM to get

please read my guide on RAM in the guides forum.

unless you're overclocking, faster ram is a waste of money. And I never recommend overclocking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-corsair-ram-to-get.65788/
Relevancy 37.84%

I just bought a new computer, i use 4x512MB sticks of corsair value select memory, i don't know much about computers so i will proberly never attempt to overclock my system.

Is it worth it to buy XMS memory or stick with what i got?

Thx in advance

Necrosjef.

A:Corsair Value Select Vs XMS

I don't think it'd be worth it to switch. Did you read Techspots article on the topic?
http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/corsair_xms_vs_value_select/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-value-select-vs-xms.48844/