Windows Support Forum

IE 6 - Delay in closing windows.

Q: IE 6 - Delay in closing windows.

Hi Folks
When I have multiple windows open, there appears to be a slight delay in the tabs in the task bar closing although the window itself closes immediately.
I hope this makes sense.
Because of this delay I often end up closing IE windows in error.
Apart from this my system appears to work well and is not otherwise sluggish.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-6-delay-in-closing-windows.511322/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: IE 6 - Delay in closing windows.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 63.21%

I have Windows 7, been using it a couple months.

Suddenly, beginning yesterday, when I click the X to close my IE browser, there's about a 10-second delay before it disappears.

Every time. It's really annoying, especially since it's a new problem.

I'm not saying it's a W7 problem, but any info or help is appreciated.

I am not a techie by any means....

thanks!

A:help! IE has a 10-second delay when closing

Go to Tools, Manage Addons and disable them one by one until you identify the issue. Can you also fill in your system specs - you can use the first part of my guide in the troubleshooting tutorial in my sig.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/63076-help-ie-has-10-second-delay-when-closing.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Clicking the X in the upper right causes a second delay before IE closes I ran both a spyware tool spybot and virus the IE before has window closing second delay 10 tool malwarebytes - both came out clean I have zero computer knowledge to go on other than the basic quot fumble around long enough to figure things out quot approach Here IE has 10 second delay before closing the window is the log IE has 10 second delay before closing the window file from hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exeC Program Files x IE has 10 second delay before closing the window AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run ISBMgr exe quot C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run EPSON Stylus CX Series C Windows system spool DRIVERS x E IATICEA EXE FU quot C Windows TEMP E SC tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot O - HKCU Run EPSON Stylus CX Series Copy C Windows system spool DRIVERS x E IATICEA EXE FU quot C Users Juston AppData Local Temp E SDA E tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item amp Search - p GRxdm YYUSO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en D E dll cmsidewiki htmlO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Trusted Zone http games espn go comO - DPF D A- - C-BEE -AFECE D Facebook Photo Uploader Control - http upload facebook com controls oUploader cabO - DPF E E F- F- FB - -... Read more

A:IE has 10 second delay before closing the window

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger:Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktopDouble click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on ita report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select AllPress Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331123/ie-has-10-second-delay-before-closing-the-window/
Relevancy 62.35%

Below is my Hijack This Log I have a problem with applications being delayed when closing It seems to come and go Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Java jre bin closing Delay in applications jqs exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Delay in closing applications Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment VzRs VzRs exe Delay in closing applications C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlagent EXE C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Delay in closing applications Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCs VzHardwareResourceManager VzHardwareResourceManager exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Sony VAIO Zone Remote Commander AvRmtCtr exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files Canon Canon IJ Network Scan Utility CNMNSUT exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files ISS BlackICE blackice exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ask com o amp l dis R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local R - URLSearchHook UrlSearchHook Class - - E - FD - - F E FC - C Program Files ... Read more

A:Delay in closing applications

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your DesktopDouble-click on RKUnhookerLE to run itClick the Report tab, then click ScanCheck Drivers, Stealth and uncheck the restClick OKWait until it's finished and then go to File > Save ReportSave the report to your DesktopCopy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357470/delay-in-closing-applications/
Relevancy 61.49%

Okay so in internet explorer (11) whenever I close a tab there is an annoying tab closing "animation" or delay. Is there anyway I can disable this? I want this gone.

I have posted a screenshot below showing you what I mean.

screencast

This is what happens whenever I close a tab. The tab appears "wide" and then it's back to normal. I would appreciate any input.

A:IE 11 How do I disable the tab closing animation/delay?

Hi,
I have not noticed any delay in closing tabs or all tabs for that matter,
The only delay I noticed is if you miss the "X" and nothing happens,
The only animating is when you close a tab the next tabs "X" is now under your cruiser,
Kind of cool but can be unforgiving at times
Cheers.
Owe what ever was on the screencast ? Page can't be displayed ?

Code:
http://**************/app.php

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/341406-ie-11-how-do-i-disable-tab-closing-animation-delay.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Title I wanted to use Windows XP SP Slow Startup Boot Black Screen Delay amp Delay after Boot: XP Delay Screen logging in / & SP3: Slow Black Startup Delay Windows after logging in For some reason I can't preview my post when I use this title I have tried removing all the punctuation including the amp which doesn't work and have tried other titles with the same character length which does work Windows XP SP3: Slow Startup / Boot: Black Screen Delay & Delay after logging in Problem Begins Here When I turn on or restart my computer the boot up time from the time I press the power button to the time the final icon on my desktop loads is slow I am not too concerned about the time after my desktop is shown since I have several items to run at startup The two areas of concern are After the XP logo is shown my screen goes black This lasts for about to seconds I don't know when this started as I rarely restart my computer The problem is worse if I startup in Safe Mode It's about minute and seconds before I see anything on the screen and another seconds Windows XP SP3: Slow Startup / Boot: Black Screen Delay & Delay after logging in before something else is shown on screen Note In order to not to have to waste time pressing F and choosing Safe Mode I enter safe mode by specifying so in msconfig The options I chose were SAFEBOOT and Minimal After I login there is a delay of about to seconds before the desktop is shown Windows stays at the login confirmation screen during that time This I feel has happened recently Boot Time Results tested using a stopwatch Normal Boot i e Not Safe Mode Time shown next to event is for when that event begins Black Screen seconds Asked to Login minute amp seconds Black screen lasted sec Logged In Desktop Visible so seconds after I logged in Taskbar Visible all blue gaps filled in Final Desktop Icon Loaded nd Boot up Time Done way after the one above Black Screen Asked to Login Black screen lasted seconds Logged In Desktop Visible so seconds after I logged in Taskbar Visible Final Desktop Icon Loaded Boot time via Safe Mode Black Screen Ask to Login but letters are shown earlier at in Normal Mode I am taken this immediately after the black screen event is over Logged In Desktop Visible Taskbar Visible Final Desktop Icon Loaded Steps Taken to Resolve the Problem and Results Some Background Info first These first two I did not do to solve the problem but because I was trying to leave the computer in good shape before I start using it less So I was deleting lots of items installing two year old Windows Updates installing different tune up programs to see what they would report no I didn't have any of them do anything like clean the registry or change settings I only observed what they reported The most I had done was to have quot junk files quot deleted and doing the first two steps below Steps I ran a chkdsk command Don't know the results The first two phases started through a program I was using and the final one Windows XP did when I restarted the computer I have defragged the hard drive I ran sfc exe scannow I believe everything went well because I was monitoring the progress window until very close to the end but did not see what happened at the end When I returned to the computer the window was closed Since I know for most problems people like to say check if you have a virus I ran a virus scan No viruses found Also I have the latest version of my BIOS installed I have also disabled every single startup item and every single non-Microsoft service via msconfig That did not make a difference in the areas of delay I mentioned above I have re-enabled what I disabled Well most since I couldn't exactly remember which ones were enabled I have enabled bootlog and checked Event Viewer Normal Startup Bootlog See file Bootlog-Normal Statup txtSome drivers are reported as not being loaded Event Viewer No errors or warnings Just Information Safe Mode Bootlog See file Bootlog-Safe Mode txt VERY long list L... Read more

A:Windows XP SP3: Slow Startup / Boot: Black Screen Delay & Delay after logging in

Hi and welcome to TSF I have changed the title for you hope it is now ok.
Did you try running any diagnostics like seatools for dos on the HDD SeaTools for DOS tutorial

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-sp3-slow-startup-boot-black-screen-delay-and-delay-after-logging-in-896898.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all Very strange problem with my IE on Win XP system Fujitsu Siemens laptop Xi btw Basically so far ive only noticed it on those sites but essentially the problem is certain links on the why? IE7: delay.. delay, youtube facebook site when clicked do nothing Youtube for e g the videos always have a minute delay before they load Regardless of time of day whether im using GB youtube servers or the IE7: youtube delay, facebook delay.. why? kind of video OR even if i change go home and use my home internet same problem minute delay before the video loads This must mean a setting which has gone awry Metacafe works fine and it also uses Shockwave so why does my laptop hate youtube Also if i click to change servers on youtube e g choose youtube UK IE just 'loads' the page but stays stuck Other websites work fine so its not a temporary lack of internet thats causing this Facebook is really bad and has the same 'loading but stuck problem ' I post messages on walls and it stays stuck but if i click profile that loads instantly and it says ive posted I cant goto the groups page or events it just stays stuck and wont load ive had this problem for about a couple of months overall i think its a setting for my IE but what do you think really appreciate help really fed up

A:IE7: youtube delay, facebook delay.. why?

Hello and welcome to TSF

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Opera
http://www.opera.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-youtube-delay-facebook-delay-why-222231.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, i've the same problem and i don't find any solution
I've already searched on google but i've just find this website so if anyone have a solution, it's welcome

A:IE7: youtube delay, facebook delay.. why?

Hello and welcome to the forums

Please read this:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f104...ng-215851.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-youtube-delay-facebook-delay-why-226580.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Since a few weeks ago after I installed Windows 7 x64 I keep on getting random BSOD but not frequently (number of 3). First one I really didnt paid attention how it happen but the second one was after exiting a game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and entering teamspeak to talk after a few seconds BSOD. The last one i got i searched on the web how to find the error and i manage to get the file and the error state.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff900c5844cf0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff9600031c69d, 0x0000000000000000).

A:BSOD at random times when closing pc or closing browser/applications

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347362-bsod-random-times-when-closing-pc-closing-browser-applications.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I'm having the issue noted above BSODs attribute the crash to either one of two files cdd dll most commonly and win k sys only once Screen turns jagged goes black and then BSOD but only when closing of Warcraft, World Chrome BSOD resizing/closing also when occasionally I've had this crashes happen to me only times in a whole week already World of BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome Warcraft crashes were all succesive BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome but after updating Catalyst drivers it never happened again PC was crash-free for or days thought it may have solved the issue and I could stop worrying about faulty hardware components but yesterday night closing Chrome it happened again I turned off Aero desktop after that just in case The problem is I can't find any Memory dump or minidump for those BSODs even though settings are on for that maybe MEMORY DMP is too large I have free Gb out of on my boot drive I changed it to minidumps just in case Oh also it was already set to overwrite so no idea what's going on Could not find them manually nor could SF Diagnostics tools which I just ran My rig is new only about months old and no hardware changes since The only components coming from my older PC are the boot HDD and graphics card The only thing that's happened is or power outages in December but BSODs started only last week If any hardware components are malfunctioning they are luckily under warranty but I need to determine if that's the case Only other strange thing is that when gathering my rig's data for this post Everest shows my Motherboard as quot Unknown quot I'll double check I installed all drivers Thanks in advance btw great tool that SF Diagnostics I'm no computer wizard but it's quite useful even for an amateur like me

A:BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome

Hi Haxiel.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320966-bsod-when-resizing-closing-world-warcraft-also-when-closing-chrome.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Firefox Closing Ie7 Winfixer Ads And Non Startup Etc Stop Slow And Closing MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes F windows System Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc smss exeF windows system winlogon exeF windows system services exeF windows system lsass exeF windows system svchost exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeF windows Explorer EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeF windows Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc system spoolsv exeF Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEF windows system nvsvc exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEF windows system ctfmon exeC MiRCfullPro mirc exeF Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeF Program Files iTunes iTunes exeF Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeF Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeF DOCUME Ahmed LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Startup Norton Disk Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NDD EXEO - Startup Shortcut to NMain lnk F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeO - Global Startup Norton GoBack lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeO - Global Startup Norton System Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Trusted Zone http loginnet passport comO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - F windows system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - F Program Fil... Read more

A:Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc

well my problem started 2 nights ago when i was browsin the web then i gotten a popup from winantivirus PRO 2006 aking to install and stuff since then my internet explorer has had problems from closing BSOD's winlogon.exe crashing most stuff will not close such as ctfmon.exe in task man and IE7 closes everytime a popup happens abnd the same pop up comes up non stop closing IE7 fyi this is my dads pc and he will murder me i i dont get this fixed ive used 2 anti viruse scanners Kaspersky and norton both cant find the problem norton finds a downloader virus and a .cab file of the installer for winantivirus and .tmp files in the windows/temp folder
so please help me fix this
ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65736/winfixer-ads-non-stop-ie7-closing-and-firefox-closing-slow-startup-and-etc/
Relevancy 43%

Hello And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum My name is Elise and I ll be glad to help you with your computer problems I will be working on your malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine Please note that whatever repairs we make are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer The cleaning process is not instant Logs can take some time to research so please be patient with me I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible and I will work hard to help see that happen Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen Do not start a new topic The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post Unfortunately if I do not hear back Outlook browser, closing, IE Yahoo Slow and closing from you within days I will be forced to close your topic If you still need help after I have closed your topic send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing feel free to create a new one You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites Alternatively you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing this Topic where you can choose email notifications The topics you are tracking are shown here -----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you re having along with any steps you may have performed so far If you have already posted a log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the Add Reply and add the new log to this thread We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log don t forget attach txt Thanks and again sorry for the delay

A:Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing

Hi Elise,
thank you. I ended up getting rid of PC Tools Internet Security and switching to AVG Basic Free. I think most of the major problems went away.
Yahoo has stayed up, Outlook has stayed up, browser seems to work quickly, facebook didn't have floating text and pictures anymore, was able to do some posting, sent some large emails. But, and not exactly sure, IE has frozen up, but not as often. The dds program you had me run this morning froze and I had to do a hard shut off, task mgr didn't respond and the weirdest thing of all, the clock stopped. Can't say I have ever seen that. So I am not sure what exactly is going on, if it really is malware or some setting is messed up. I wasn't able to run video on a site last night. Major improvement since I got rid of PC tools, but not quite right. Sorry, nontechie.

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by Jean at 11:53:53 on 2011-06-23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3062.2037 [GMT -6:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\Syn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403841/slow-browser-ie-closing-outlook-and-yahoo-closing/
Relevancy 42.57%

Listen everyone who intends to install windows 7 in a desktop Pc!

If you notice delay during setup, log into Bios (usually pressing Del key)and deactivate 3.5 Floppy A support and everything is ok then. (Laptop pc?s do not have this problem because they don?t have Floppy Drive)!

I spent a long time trying to install my windows 7 and i want to help all of you!
Thans for reading my small help guide.I wish that this can help you...

A:Fix delay during installation of Windows 7

Good information, but could you be more specific about where the delay was occurring so we can recognize it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/33758-fix-delay-during-installation-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I purchased an HP p6340f with a Realtek integrated soundcard. I use the system for online Karaoke and the soundcard was working poorly. I upgraded to a Creative PCI Express Extreme Audio SoundBlaster card and have been experiencing a .5 sec delay on voice to speaker, even when I am off line...impossible to sing to.
I understand through other forums that this is a big issue on upgraded soundcards especially SB and Window 7.
Has anyone found a fix for this?

A:Microphone delay on Windows 7

- have you disabled the Realtek audio via your BIOS settings..?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/71121-microphone-delay-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop So I ve had this issue for a LONG time and am really sick and tired of it Here goes I often reinstall Windows XP like every months to get rid of all the program baggage and registry overhead that is accumulated during normal use I found this XP Windows Delay Startup to be the only way to get the computer back in tip-top shape Anyway sometimes after following my fairly systematic install checklist I encounter a sudden delay in the startup And once I encounter Windows XP Startup Delay the delay by up to a minute I can never remove it without completely restarting the XP install So let me explain the delay The system will boot through the Dell Intro screen and then then Windows will quickly run through the autologin display the background image the intro sound clip will play and then the system will just sit there The only thing shown is the background image - no bottom toolbar The hard disk is barely being used It basically appears like the computer is doing nothing And then after - seconds it suddenly starts hitting the hard drive and the menus and desktop items appear So I ve tried to narrow down the problem So far I ve reinstalled XP again only installing some basic apps like Norton Adobe Reader Itunes and MS Office I disabled all non-Microsoft services and have disabled all secondary startup Items Now with this minimal installation the delay which I ve described is much lower than normal but it is still there maybe - seconds I have run the utility BootLog XP to try to identify which program - but the results are not conclusive There are relatively few services running at startup so the list of possible culprits is getting small Anyone have any insight on this issue nbsp

A:Windows XP Startup Delay

Run HJT I like to see the logs.
Ok let's trim your apps that starts with Windows. Launch CCleaner. Run Cleaner and Scan for Issues and Fix selected issues... Create a backup when the prompts appears just in case. Now go to Tools | Startup and disable all except your antivirus. Post your specs. Reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-startup-delay.136552/
Relevancy 42.57%

PC manufacturers that expected to get their hands on the final version of Windows Vista yesterday will have to wait a couple more weeks for the OS, according to sources familiar with the Microsoft's plans.The software giant originally targeted yesterday for Vista's RTM (release to manufacturing), but a last-minute bug that "took most of the Vista team by surprise" caused an unexpected delay, said Ethan Allen, a quality assurance lead at a Seattle high-tech company that tests its products for Vista.Allen said the Vista team discovered the bug, which "would totally crash the system, requiring a complete reinstall", in Vista Build 5824 on 13 October. The team fixed the bug a week later in Vista Build 5840, he said, but it delayed the delivery of the OS to PC makers.The team is now targeting a new date of 8 November, for Vista's release...pcadvisor.co

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69740/new-delay-for-windows-vista/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, I used a program to make the delay in start menu much faster, but now its too fast. anyone know how to set it back to like 1 or 2 sec delay?

A:windows mouse delay

Change the Menu Show Delay

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-mouse-delay.495900/
Relevancy 42.57%

Windows 7 has been giving a bit of issues with delay or lag in typing
I called Dell and received help in upgrading drivers.

Things seem to work better then it went back to its old ways

Can anyone shed light? why is there such a lag in typing when using win 7 having issue with cursor

A:Windows 7 delay and lag in typing

Try this and see what happens
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
It may correct the problem or just identify it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/110383-windows-7-delay-lag-typing.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My wife used to use our old windows XP PC to record her singing on online kareoke etc. It always worked fine. We got a new Windows 7 laptop and I set it all up for her singing but there is big delay from the mic to the speakers, making it impossible to sing or record.

Anyone else had this problem? How can I get rid of that delay?

Thank you

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi..

I have a Desktop PC.... Intel 3.0Ghz, 1GB RAM.. DVD Writer,, etc etc... and its running on Windows XP Prof. with Norton Antivirus 2005... and it has two N/W Cards installed.. one for ASDL Modem and Another one of local Intranet.. the problem is... when i start my system, the system boots up fast.. i can see the desktop icons in 3-4 mins...but i am not able to access the Local N/W PC's... even the Internet i am not able to do... it takes some 2 Mins for that.. after two mins the whole desktop will refresh... and then i will b able to access.. the thing is Norton is not Enabling even... its also gets enabled only after that... i dont know whts the problem... pls help me out of this...

Thanks in Advance...
Shyam

A:Windows XP Boot Delay..

3-4 minutes to boot to a desktop seems pretty slow. Mine is something like 50 seconds and specs slower that yours.

Might first want to do some basic file cleanup, virus and spyware scans.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-boot-delay.418799/
Relevancy 42.57%

When I start up my computer, the superbar takes like 40 minutes to actually work. And like right now, I closed a window about 10 minutes ago but the icon is still in the bar. I can't open it up or anything, it's just there.

Help?

EDIT: And when I try to open new windows, they don't appear. It's like it's not refreshing or something.

A:Windows 7 Superbar Lag/Delay

Could be anything...

Can you run an AV/AS scan of your computer?

Check your video card drivers.

Have you edited any processes in services.msc? Perhaps something isn't starting up with the computer when it should be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/155689-windows-7-superbar-lag-delay.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Every time I go to control panel system and scroll down to the bottom it say "Status not available"
But a second later it say windows is activated ?
If I go back after the first time it still shows activated

Is this delay normal when going to system after startup,
Does anyone else see this delay in listing activated ?
Happens on both lappy 32 and desktop 64 bit :/
Very weird seems windows should be able to remember if it's been activated or not or genuine or not
Cheers.

A:Windows is activated delay :/

I've seen it a lot, doesn't seem to be a problem. I just consider it being Windows reading itself before populating the panel. Also see it when right-clicking Computer/My Computer in the Start menu and choosing Properties.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/366839-windows-activated-delay.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey Everyone:

Recently installed Windows SP2, a new mobo (Asus K8N-E Deluxe), new graphics card (Geforce 6800 GT), and new CPU (Athlon 64 3400+). Everything works well, but one annoying problem: my computer delays at the "Windows is starting up..." screen before it gets to the log-ins. Delay meaning about 45 seconds or so. It never did this before, and I have nothing really running in the startup menu, so I'm wondering what the heck it is looking for. Any advice? It eventually gets going, but the delay is annoying. I got this upgrade so everything would run FASTER! Alas, my wife thinks I'm an ***** for upgrading now. Any help would be appreciated so I can tell her it was all worth it.

A:Windows XP Startup Delay

Tell your wife to chill and you too, what's a few seconds , as long as everything is working.
If you are really bugged .You can run a bootlog and investigate, or run msconfig and turn off running programs one at a time to see which one is slowing down the Boot process.
SP2 also adds some security items one could be the windows firewall ,If you use a different one turn that off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-startup-delay.17198/
Relevancy 42.57%

As the title suggests I am seeking a software solution that will add delay to the audio of a Windows computer Specifically Windows x but I imagine to Looking Delay for way Windows to a Add Audio the software architecture will be fairly similar for this specific use across modern Windows platforms To be clear I would like to hear the audio from my computer after a delay not any specific input or output - I want to delay the audio that I Looking for a way to Add Delay to Windows Audio hear from the computer What Looking for a way to Add Delay to Windows Audio could also work would be the ability to delay any individual program s or process s audio stream Modern Windows separates audio streams in its quot Mixer quot Utilizing this mixing architecture and specifically delaying one of those channels programs would be a good solution so a program that does this would be great to know about I ve done some research on this issue and I keep running into dead ends literally dead links I suspect this is because modifying or utilizing a computer s audio output stream directly can lend itself to illegal uses of such audio streams If you recall the quot What U Hear quot architecture that got removed from sound cards around the turn of the millennium any strong-arming or censorship of such programs would fall in line Obviously my desire is just to delay the audio as it is playing Any help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Well i have this problem for quite some time now, and i cant seem to get ride it. Ok here is wat happends when i turn on my computer

1.laods the bios and such
2.drives and ram
3.ready to load windows but i get black screen for about 20secs....
4.finaly begins to start loading
5.then after a normal winxp start speed i finaly start

anyone know why i get this black screen for so long?

A:Delay loading windows...

go into msconfig/startup and untick what you don't need at startup if you are networked this causes a delay while it is searching for it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/delay-loading-windows-34586.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have googled this problem and can't seem to find an answer anywhere else, though the problem itself seems common enough.

Yesterday I must have accidently deleted some files I shouldnt have via disc cleanup because after that my display was limited to the lowest possible resolution and 4 bit color. Unfortunately, I had to break out the recovery CD ::shudder:: and reinstall my mobo drivers and video card drivers.

That seemed to fix the initial problem but now it takes windows about 4-5 minutes to boot. It stalls out on the "Windows is Starting Up" Screen. I have gone into msconfig-boot.ini and lowered the timeout to 3 seconds. Any other suggestions?

P.S. I also ran a virus scan today and I am clean in that department.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-start-up-delay-90482.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I recently run SysInternals Autoruns exe and under the Logons tab Boot Delay Windows in Up I unchecked a lot of crap except the top three entries which are system required I always thought these processes would only load when hitting the Welcome screen but I ve got a strange problem My Windows boot is now - minutes longer it sits at the Windows loading screen with the rotating bar and the disk seems to do a seek and stop and repeats this I ve ran chkdsk and no issues Maybe the Delay in Windows Boot Up problem is not related to what I ve done in autoruns exe but I need to resolve this issue All I can think of is running bootvis exe which If I remember correctly will indiciate what area of your computer the delay may be in but is there some other means to identify exactly what file driver is causing the long delay at the Windows boot Thanks for any help its appreciated nbsp

A:Delay in Windows Boot Up

You might try re-checking all the things you unchecked and then remove them one at a time. Time consuming I know, but should point to the problem area.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delay-in-windows-boot-up.652734/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello I have a little peculiar annoyance with Windows About a Windows in 7 Input delay year ago I was into fps gaming and kept a close track of my reaction time using various online reaction testers Human Benchmark - Reaction Time Test Sound vs Sight Reflexes http www bbc co uk science humanbo n version swf etc I used to average ms but after installing Windows it rose by about ms if not more Back then I tried looking for solution but in the end just reinstalled my Windows XP Fast forward to today and I just Input delay in Windows 7 bought a new laptop which came with Windows and tried doing some tests again only to get atrocious Input delay in Windows 7 ms Obviously I couldn't have gotten so slow so I checked on my desktop pc and I got an average I am still using my several years old mouse but I tried the tests using AutoHotkey script for mouse click so I don't think it's a problem with my hardware Furthermore it doesn't seem to have an effect in game I have a few reaction drills which I wouldn't be able to do with the extra ms If anyone of you who have systems with different operating systems could check or better yet provide their insight on this little problem I would really apreciate it Thanks in advance

A:Input delay in Windows 7

Hmm. It looks like I am having the same problem this guy had Mouse/Input Delay in Windows 7 - Microsoft Answers and though I did exactly as told the problem persists.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/input-delay-in-windows-7-a-597695.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a problem across all three Windows 7 computers, also existed before I reformatted one and reinstalled the OS. when installing programs that use Windows Installer vs the standard EXE, there is a anywhere from 30 seconds to a two minute delay during the progress bar before the UAC shows up before the progress bar makes any progress. regular EXE installers, UAC appears right away to allow, but Windows Installer packages have this delay. how do I fix on all computers?

Relevancy 42.57%

I have tried to fix this but to no avail. This is a list of what I have tried (I probably forgot a few things):

- run IE9 with no add-ons
- run IE9 in 64bit mode
- tried the above 2 in safe mode
- deleted the registry keys corresponding to Spybot, even though it's not installed
- uninstalled and reinstalled IE9
- "regsvr32 actxprxy.dll" in an admin cmd
- reset to default settings in the advanced tab
- tried with GPU rendering on and off
- ran Malwarebytes and found nothing

I have a Q9400, 8GB RAM, Radeon 6850, and a SSD for my W7x64 Ultimate; so my computer is blistering fast. Any more ideas? Thanks

A:IE9 - 2sec startup delay; 0-2sec delay when opening tabs

Doubt you want to hear this, but my honest solution to the problem is to use either firefox or chrome instead.
I have friends who put your system to shame and I.E. just never seems to 'pop' for them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/191749-ie9-2sec-startup-delay-0-2sec-delay-when-opening-tabs.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

A:BSOD while closing the PC or closing some games, CDD.dll error

Quote: Originally Posted by leinchetzu

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

Obvious to anyone. You have three malware apps running live at the same time. You have Avast, Kaspersky, and AVG.

You need to remove them all and install Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

If you continue to crash even after removing them upload the DMP file as you have old drivers that need updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200675-bsod-while-closing-pc-closing-some-games-cdd-dll-error.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002. When I close an open document in Word, it closes the whole program. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you.

Relevancy 42.14%

About weeks ago it was apparent that laptop was infected with antispyware XP My husband tried to solve it himself without waiting for me I m the problem solver in the house Anyway he purchased Shield Dekuxe which didn t seem to work He downloaded the trial version of StopZilla which found bad things and quarentined them Things were working fine Today things are not working again I can open IE and it will bring up virus, search IE closing, window closing Possible the home page google com but anything typed Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing in the search box or clicked on from the drop down list of frequently visited sites just closes IE I also cannot search The window will open but clicking on anything files folders documents etc immediately closes the window I also cannot find Windows Explorer Shield Deluxe is currently installed StopZilla is uninstalled We have Zone Alarm installed possibly I was doing online chat with Shield Deluxe to get it to work the internet aspect and they said to uninstall ZA as it would interfere with SD I removed ZA using add remove programs from the control panel yet when I restarted the computer ZA started up It is no longer listed in the add remove programs list However viewing All Programs from the start menu shows a folder for Zone Labs Since I can t find Windows Explorer and I can t search I can t find the folder to delete its contents Laptop is a Compaq Presario running Windows XP and currently cannot use the internet due to the above problem I am using laptop for the internet connection to solve these problems Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing

Here is my Hijack This log from yesterday:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:53:11 PM, on 11/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
F:\Anti Virus\HJTInstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AllDial High Speed - {8B79EE88-E62D-4AA8-B530-CC357BA112B7} - C:\Program Files\AllDial High Speed\Toolband.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [brastk] C:\WINDOWS\system32\brastk.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-virus-ie-closing-search-window-closing.769451/
Relevancy 42.14%

Greetings,
I have a brand new Dell T7500 Precision Workstation running Win7 64-bit.  I have a MS Laser Mouse 6000 v2.0 and a MS Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3.0 using the latest Intellipoint/type drivers.  After I log into my user profile within a few minutes
the mouse pointer will lag behind the movements of the mouse making it virtually impossible to land specifically on a spot on the screen.  My keyboard is also delayed and as I type, characters are delayed.  It seems that there is some process
going on in the background that kicks in slowing the mouse & keyboard down.  How do I go about troubleshooting what might be causing the slowdown?  Batteries are new, dongle is visible and within 2 feet of both mouse and keyboard, and I
have also replaced the dongle.
Thanks all, very much.

A:Mouse & keyboard delay in Windows 7

Thank you Alex.  I tried all the steps in the kb article but to no avail.  I am currently using a wired keyboard and wired mouse and naturally, get none of the delays or lagging issues.  So, it is likely not some background process on
the computer but might be something in the area of my computer that is creating interference.  I tried changing the USB ports, the batteries, re-syncing and am using the most current Intellipoint/type drivers.  But nothing helps so, I think
that I will just stick with the wired devices.
Very grateful for your help.
Brett

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bdd1af8d-567b-4567-b733-0e51826e775e/mouse-amp-keyboard-delay-in-windows-7?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 42.14%

I m using Win XP SP yesterday i was running Ad-Aware Personal Edition to clean for spywares when the process was done it tells me it needs to restart to remove some spayware i did it and now my Win XP boots and after the quot welcome quot Windows strange long min) delay 30+ XP (about screen y can only see my wallpaper image and there is a very shot a HD activity like little blinks about a second delays Nothing loads no start bar no desktop icons Only my pointer en the wallpaper If i leave it that way i takes Windows XP strange long delay (about 30+ min) more than minutes and the loading resumes HD activity never pauses for the min like it is reading all my HD Now every time i restart win XP I had to open the Taskmonitor ctrl-alt-del while there is only my desktop wallpaper and I choose to end quot mscrl exe quot process and sudenlly Win XP loads instantly Can Windows XP strange long delay (about 30+ min) anyone help me I ve tried to run in safe mode it happens the same I ve run MSCONFIG also and disable all startup apps including quot mscrl exe quot but no luck either PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I started experiencing delays in Lotus 123 after I installed Windows XP SP2. When I try to print, change the font, or insert a line, there is a 10 second delay. Has anyone else had similar problems or found a way to correct this. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Lotus 123. I am using version 9.8 of Lotus 123.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lotus-123-printing-delay-with-windows-xp-sp2.372286/
Relevancy 42.14%

I apologize for the double post I don t know what category to put this in so Delay opening on windows when programs 7 I put it in the two I thought Delay when opening programs on windows 7 it should be in All of a sudden today whenever I open up any program application Delay when opening programs on windows 7 firefox control panel documents the actual window comes up pretty slowly I don t know if it s a huge problem but it s pretty annoying Before if I were to open firefox the client Delay when opening programs on windows 7 would open up automatically but now it slowly opens and kind of fades into the screen I don t think my computer got slower all of a sudden because it is working fine and it was perfect just yesterday The same problem happens when I close a window it slowly fades away instead of just instantly closing It s hard to explain but it s definitely annoying and any help on how to fix it would be appreciated If you need more details I can do my best to add in more nbsp

A:Delay when opening programs on windows 7

Download Malware Bytes and get the updated definitions then run a quick scan. See what turns up in the way of viruses or trojans

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delay-when-opening-programs-on-windows-7.994450/
Relevancy 42.14%

Does Vista/ Windows Mail have the capability of delaying the sending of a message like the Do Not Send Before function on Outlook Express. If so where is it?

A:Windows Mail Delay Message

Its not in the email client, but perhaps you can go to task scheduler and set it up. It may take some resarch and expertise, but take a look.

Type task scheduler in search to get started.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/268563-windows-mail-delay-message.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello TSF.
I'm having issues with Windows live messenger, specifically the messages i get from people are delayed by up to 8 seconds consistently, i know this because usually i'm calling them, talking and they are replying via text, and both I and the person i'm talking to are experiencing a delay. however, there is no audio delay with my voice talking to them

Unusual?

Please ask if you require further information.

here is a upload of my Dxdiag text, alt: i can post it, but its a wall of text of course.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-message-delay-631766.html
Relevancy 42.14%

This is my first post, I'll try to be as specific as possible.

I installed Windows XP Darklite on an older Abit Th7 with a 1.7 GHz P4 and an ATI Radeon 9600 pro 256mb. I'm running directx 9c and the radeon catlyst 8.5 driver.

At first I had a terrible time just getting the video drivers to work without going to the bluescreen with an infinite loop error. By installing the 8.5 Catlyst driver and removing the ati components from startup it runs error free but the video is slow. I'm not really sure how to describe it. Video plays fine but if you try to drag a window across the desktop it lags. Like when you spin your mouse around really fast and you can see a trail of pointers. Every time I try to move something across the desktop it's slow and leaves a trail.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

A:Windows XP video lag/delay/ghosting

What you might want to try is removing once again all the software and drivers for your card... Do a reboot, at the start up if it says found new hardware just ignor that it will go away once you add the drivers.... go back to the radeon driver page and select download driver only.... The catalyst could be the cause... This is what I had to do and it worked like a charm!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-video-lag-delay-ghosting-322804.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I've Googled this to death and have yet to find a satisfactory explanation as to why Windows Defender even has a startup delay or a viable method to change it to Automatic. All is greyed out in Services for the program, so can't do anything there. There was one suggestion to change a value in the registry from 1 to zero, but again Windows would not allow the change.

Not a big deal... Guess I'm just a control freak...

Anyone got some sage advice on this?

A:Windows Defender Startup Delay

There is absolutely no start up delay on my windows 8 it is immediate
I have pinned it to the taskbar by windows key - type defender - search parameter - apps (applications) on right of screen.
It launches immediately I click the icon
Do you have the settings correctly made.
The ability to schedule a scan still exists, but not using the GUI as on previous editions of Windows
See this for how and for the settings
http://www.winhelp.us/configure-windows-defender-in-windows-8.html#.UjW3I29wbcs

The ability to change the service start type from automatic is a super protected access right.
There are two basic opinions on this
One is that it will be available if for some reason it was changed from automatic by another program
eg it is disabled when another AV is installed

SO PRESUMABLY yours is not automatic.
DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER AV installed

The other opinion is that it is a fault in windows 8.
Either way if yours WAS set automatic I see little cause to trouble yourself about it

Meant in the nicest possible way
Guess I'm just a control freak...

I would caution against allowing your control freak to change registry keys to try and amend any aspect

"Windows Defender has a kernel-mode driver (wdfilter.sys) that registers a Registry callback filter which protects Defender&#8217;s registry keys."
This may also help
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/windows-defender
HOWEVER unless you have altered settings in 8 the scan is included as part of automatic maintenance - as is defrag
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...how-do-i/1548fe83-236e-4e72-9bd1-7c7033247d0d

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-defender-startup-delay.1108466/
Relevancy 42.14%

I just installed a new socket 939 Chaintech motherboard yesterday (model S1689), an amd64 3400+ CPU and 512 mb of ddr400 pc3200 ram. I reinstalled windows and everything seems to be running smoothly. However, when I reboot there is a roughly 2 minute delay where my screen remains black before the windows startup screen (with the blue status meter) begins. I'm running Windows XP with Sp2 installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:New CPU/Mobo/Ram/, Delay in windows startup, Help Plz!

The HDD LED was in reversed, that seems to have solved the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-mobo-ram-delay-in-windows-startup-help-plz.21934/
Relevancy 42.14%

This just happened recently..

I was booting up, and everything was fine
Typed in my password to get into XP, then when i entered my password , It hung at the Loading Personal settings...
then for like 15 - 25 seconds it will bring up the desktop
But only just the Wallpaper.. No Icons, Taskbar, Systray...
I tried so much stuff... Except when i used Boot Vis Tool
I did the driver delay boot up check thing.. and a Long bar suggested my Video Card was taking some time to load.. I really don't understand, since I've used the same drivers for the longest time..

Well any help would be greatly appreciated

System Specs:
Athlon 2800+ (barton Core)
768 megs DDR
Windows xp SP1a
Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440
160 gb Western Digi HD
120 gb Maxtor HD
Gigabyte KT600 Motherboard

Thanks,
Dj E-Mo

A:Windows XP Startup Delay after Login

Oh a correction...
It would eventually show the desktop icons and systray and taskbar, just after a long wait of look at my pretty wallapaper and the system ran smooth after a long boot up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-startup-delay-after-login.177817/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all I ve got a very annoying problem with my Windows XP bootup which hopefully someone can help me with I installed Windows XP Pro OEM onto a newly partitioned and formatted hard drive but each time Windows boots up there startup Long delay XP at Windows is a delay of minutes The delay occurs just after the PC checks the floppy and CD-Rom drives for bootable disks The PC will hang on a black screen for minutes and then proceed to Long delay at Windows XP startup load Windows XP first showing a row of white grey progress bars at the bottom of the screen and then showing the Windows loading screen XP seems to work fine once it s loaded but the minute wait is driving me mad I m using the following hardware Abit KG -Lite Motherboard MB DDR-RAM ATI Radeon Graphics Card Creative SoundBlaster PCI AMD Athlon MHz The problem started with the first reboot during Windows setup and happens every time I start Windows XP Any ideas on what could be causing this Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I was just alerted via WinPatrol that a new program wanted to load in my startup menu It is Object Delay Load C Recycler S- - - - - - cd f f aac Version Being leary I said no to downloading it Now I have a window on my computer that says it is from OBJECT LOAD windows XP DELAY Winpatrol that says The setting is in a key location in your operating system We do not recommend removal unless you are absolutely sure this entry windows XP OBJECT DELAY LOAD is causing a problem I cannot close this window I can only answer quot yes quot or quot no quot I tried to just restart my computer but it came back The last time I clicked on to something I was not sure of gave me a virus The window is still on my computer I tried to scan with Security Essentials but a window comes up that says it quot cannot be accessed quot Is anyone familiar with this object delay wanting to load Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I ve done a bit of searching but haven t found the solution to this problem yet I recently put a new harddrive into my laptop an off-brand machine and put a clean install of Windows XP on the new harddrive and did all of the MS updates so I m up to SP All the newest greatest drivers for all my components The computer runs fantastically XP networking on delay startup Windows in Windows XP networking delay on startup every respect except one - on startup despite a rapid boot up process and Windows loading zippily the networking takes relatively FOREVER to startup I ll have access to the entire machine within seconds or so but can t get into networking or the internet for a good minutes after that This is purely an annoyance issue since networking works fine after that but I d still like to fix it because sometimes I need internet access quickly A few notes - the problem does not occur when bringing the computer back from standby - I ve tried disabling background intelligence set it to manual but no fix - I ve tried disabling Prefetch but no fix - I m not running any anti-virus or anti-spyware software in the background - the status tray networking icons do not show up either until networking becomes active however the Intel Proset Wireless icon does show up And stays red - but is inaccessible until windows networking comes online - problem is both LAN and wireless I d really appreciate any tips nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-networking-delay-on-startup.801321/
Relevancy 42.14%

Title is incorrect meant to put the issue with boot delay in the title as well Recently my boot time has been delayed after 'Starting windows' splash screen it will go black with mouse cursor sometimes I can move it sometimes I cannot and it sits there for about - secs then goes to the login screen or goes to desktop if I have auto login enabled SSD and I would normally boot into deskop in about - secs For a couple weeks I have been trying to determine the cause Boot 7 Windows bit 64 Delay Ultimate of this with no luck I have ran scans and Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Boot Delay clean boots still happens during clean boot ran Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Boot Delay tools found no infections etc logging programs Already setup a couple custom even timers and the delay looks to be at MainPathBootTime During research of the delay I found another forum with troubleshooting steps and using Windows perfmoremance tool kit and ran xbootmgr commands was told WaitforLSM is slow ran a MS fix for that drilled down deeper with xbootmgr and it appears to be dcomlaunch svchost Anyways still was unable to find the actual cause Had Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Boot Delay some errors in event viewer those are gone and now have different ones I don't want to reinstall Will do whatever ya need me to do Don't mind starting from scratch as long as it finds the root of my problem Appreciate any help Here is my speccy http speccy piriform com results Vll CtTkrFAdGeOAnDt GIt

A:Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Boot Delay

Hoping all is not lost with this delay issue.

(Bump Ok'd by Grinler)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577639/windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-boot-delay/
Relevancy 42.14%

As we all know, Windows interrupts a shutdown, usually at the end of a day, to start downloading an update. I want to be able to delay this to give me time to create a Restore Point, in case the update messes up my machine (it does happen). Before I had Windows 7 clean reinstalled I had this set up so I know it can be done. (There are help files about delaying the automatic restart after an update but that is not what I want.)

So how can I delay the actual update please?

A:How to delay Windows auto update

The best way surely is not to have it set to automatic update at all, but to set it so you choose when to download and install. You then have as much or as little control as you want, and whether you install the updates altogether or in batches the process will automatically involve creating a system restore point before the installation starts. To change the settings go to System Security in the Control Panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/391795-how-delay-windows-auto-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone,windows 10 is d/l on my other pc now but I do not want to install it for a couple months.Is it possible to delay it from installing? I have my windows update settings set to d/l updates but let me choose what to install.The pc that it d/l on is HP Elite 8000 with core 2 duo @ 3ghz 4 gig ddr3 memory.i bought it from the Egg as refurb with windows 7 pro. Thanks for any help. Bob PS Has Toshiba 1 TB HD

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I have not find solutions on forum so i decided to post new thread I have really burst issue with start menu When i click on start button start menu does not show immediately it appear with delay only after half a sec or more Problem arise after - hours more or less using PC By the way Cortana does not work at all when start menu got lag Reboot resolve problem temporary but its not a solution I tried many ways to resolve it Reinstall OS times clear install reinstall video Start Menu 10 lag (delay) Windows drivers Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay) use this below FAQ for early version of win but nothing again i hope u can help me with it Code Problem Description When opening Start Menu under system built-in Administrator account in Windows Technical Preview Build installed there is no respond Note UAC should be turned on Solution Enable the Group Policy User Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay) Account Control Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account Open Run type secpol msc Press Enter Expand the following items by sequence Local Policies Security Options Find the policy and switch its status to Enabled Logoff built-in Administrator account and login again Note Sometimes other user accounts may also encounter the similar problem we can try to use the command below to register APP component for test Get-AppXPackage Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register quot InstallLocation AppXManifest xml quot Now i have Windows Pro x

A:Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay)

Half a sec lag seems normal though. Is it an older pc? SSD? Cortana stopping to work also is normal, aka a bug. There a lots of those bugs which will sadly (hopefully) be fixed in the upcoming big patch in 2-3 months.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/12860-windows-10-start-menu-lag-delay.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hi gang,

I have a dual boot, win7 and WinXPsp3. My XP drive shuts down fine but my Win7 drive has a shutdown delay of about 2 minutes and 15 seconds. No music is playing. my specs are

Desktop:
Drive C: W7 Home Premium 80GB NTFS (Sata)
Drive D: WinXP Pro sp2 80GB NTFS (Sata)
Drive E : Storage 80gb (Sata)
Drive F&amp;G DVDRs

Seagate 400GB Sata Storage 2 Partitions
Seagate 400GB USB Storage 2 Partitions (external)
Phenom II 5500 (3.2ghz) CPU
4GB DDR3 Ram
Nvidia 9500GT PCIE 1GB video card
Creative 128bit sound card
ASROCK M3A770DE Mobo
Earthlink DSL 6000bps
Floppy drive, 56K dialup, Optical Mouse, Keyboard, 21" CRT,

thanks.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello So i got a new pc everything works fine except one thing There is a - seconds before windows boot. logo Delay at delay before the windows logo shows up something which is not present to any pc i made I have a smimilar pc on amd like mine where the delay is it just boots gt post gt that underline for HDD checking gt and windows logo for me it is post gt hdd checking gt second delay gt windows boot logo the boot speed on other pc's one running Delay before windows logo at boot. a q and one running a amd phenom x is about - and for amd also those systems are outdated and on sata a great speed for that hardware but i have a similar pc with like mine booting in - seconds and my actual speed is of seconds which is dissapointing been searching everywhere about this and tried almost everything from safemode boot antivirus display card instalation msconfig stuff services stuff reinstalling times the delay is present even at first boot windows repair windows update checkdisk checking for viruses booting on ssd Delay before windows logo at boot. alone booting with Fast boot ON OFF no usb inputs could anyone please help me Thanks in advantage

A:Delay before windows logo at boot.

This is probably your problem:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309523-delay-before-windows-logo-boot.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hello I am new to this and hopefuly someone can help I've built a brand new system ASUS P Q PRO TURBO GB of G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D Intel Core duo and 7 freezing short windows or / delay E Dark Knight Radeon by ASUS VGA Western Digital Caviar Green WD AADS GB MB Cache SATA Antec EarthWatts EA W Continuous Power ATX V Ver Originaly started with Vista upgraded to Windows bit From the day one computer would freeze from time to time in different situations such as while browsing the net in IE opening internal windows such as clicking on the 'games' icon or during the game for instance while playing the BF Coursor will freeze or complete disappear and windows 7 delay and / or short freezing freeze delay would last between - seconds Then everything perfect Like on some kind of hold In the moment of hold release it is windows 7 delay and / or short freezing possible to hear click sounds almost mechanical noise coming out of the PC never experienced anything like that before it is constant and annoying Sometimes happens - times a day sometimes only once Apparently sometimes I even hear un-freezing click noise even when computer idles not being used Any ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-delay-and-or-short-freezing-443724.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys,

I have a fairly quick PC, E5300 2.6 dual core, 4 gig of ram, gigabyte motherboard, 500gb sata. Have clean installed Windows 7 RC on the machine. Have noticed a slow start up time of Windows7 for some reason. I have carried out 2 installs for windows 7 rc, the first was an upgrade from xp and the current install is the clean one.

Now, when the 'starting windows' prompt appears there seems to be a delay of around a minute where there is not activity at all. And then the logos will start to animate and windows 7 will load. Once loaded I dont experience any freeze, etc. Now this was not happening on windows XP or my previous install of windows 7.

The only thing I have changed in BIOS is 'usb keyboard support' in DOS.

ANy ideas of this delay ? Thanks

A:strange delay on windows 7 startup

hi you could try sfc /scnw http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
also try a cleanboot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-delay-on-windows-7-startup.860999/
Relevancy 41.71%

Computer seems to be sticking all around.. thought it was browser(s), and then connection,, but it is like some kind of delay...approx 100ms delay.. between the initial double click and PC processes any request... just started today.. have been uninstalling and installing quite a bit this last month.. but up to this point all was pretty good.. by that i mean nothing like what is happening now has transpired..

thanks

VAlmach

A:Delay Delay.. [Moved]

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233171/delay-delay-moved/
Relevancy 41.71%

Update: Delay Windows Vista Until January 2007
Barry

Relevancy 41.71%

I installed Windows standard package a few weeks ago on a AMD FX- Asus MBO GB RAM GB SSD x TB Seagate Barracuda configured Windows 8 Keyboard up New - delay and Install freeze as one TB drive with Storage Spaces It initially worked fine Then when I installed a SSD optimization software from the SSD manufacturer Samsung I believe it was called Magician or something like that It was a problem in that it slowed down my SSD according to Samsung's own software and it seemed to be the cause of keyboard freezing and or major delay I uninstalled it and the problem went away New Windows 8 Install - Keyboard delay and freeze up Now it has come back again It seems to happen almost at random in any application The mouse works fine and never freezes but the keyboard either has a large delay and the first character typed is lost or it just does not respond at all Closing the app like IE and opening it again does not resolve it Often the keyboard is still frozen I updated the graphics card driver to the latest from AMD It is a Radeon HD It seemed to help for a while but it is back again I can't think of any significant software I have installed except perhaps the monitor calibrator Spyder Express However all it should do is create a new monitor ICC profile The sad part is I had nearly this exact same problem with another computer years ago and I cannot remember how I resolved it I was using McAfee AV and ZoneAlarm and I may have given both of them the boot Currently all I am running is the default MS Defender AV I've reset the Security in IE to default Can't think of more to do Anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot this thing I have New Windows 8 Install - Keyboard delay and freeze up Process Explorer and tried running it I am New Windows 8 Install - Keyboard delay and freeze up not very familiar with this software but from what I could see the processor is not loaded nor is any significant memory used when it the keyboard is locked I can't seem to catch it doing anything bad I checked the batteries on the keyboard as it is wireless and they are good I have a faint recollection of having a wireless phone system that was conflicting but since this new computer install I am using the same wireless router same wireless phone system and same wireless keyboard It would seem unlikely out of the blue for them to start conflicting Need help Please

A:New Windows 8 Install - Keyboard delay and freeze up

Any way you can roll back to a restore point before you originally installed the program? Sounds like the program may have left stragglers in the system, a driver or a service or something.

For SSD drives and even regular drives I use Raxco Perfect Disk, I set it on a timer so that it optimizes my drives ever day starting at Midnight.

PerfectDisk Home | Raxco Software

You can try it out for 30 days. I say, restore to way before you ever installed the Samsoong software, and then install Raxco.

Look, here is what;s been happening. You installed 8 on the SSD and originally it was perfect. You installed the Optimizer and it slowed your puter up. SO now, unless you have tried to use the Optimizer in Windows, your drive MAY be about 15% fragmented.
And THAT will cause all the same problems as the Samsung program. It's possible that the Samsung prog was defragging all the time, cos you had a lot of frag.

So, run cCleaner to rid yourself of temp files, install Perfect disk, then set it to run EVERY day at midnight (or whenever you sleep). Tell it to handle not only you main files but also your Page-file, Hiberfil and prefetcher as well. and do at least one "Boot Time Defrag".

I've installed Raxco into at least 10 SSD systems, and it works great.

If you don't wanna install it, then just tell Windows Optimizer to run Every Day at midnight. But fair warning, Windows Optimizer was shown to have issues with SSD drives.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/31888-new-windows-8-install-keyboard-delay-freeze-up.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys new to the forum but wondered if anyone around here could help me with a little problem I am having I have recently last splash Windows delay screen 7 startup at Thursday morning reinstalled Windows Home Premium on my Dell XPS Windows 7 splash screen delay at startup and I have noticed since doing this it will lag at the splash screen on startup for - seconds before carrying on to the Welcome Screen Obviously this Windows 7 splash screen delay at startup isn't very long to wait but it is definitely longer than it was before the reinstall which is surely a bit strange no I also seem to have a little bit more of a delay when shutting down the computer as it stays on the shutting down screen for a while longer but this seems to be a bit more inconsistent than the delay on startup I have trawled the internet and various websites looking for answers but nothing seems to make a difference I ran startup in diagnostic mode and it still took just as long but startup in safe mode didn't have the same delay I would appreciate it if anybody had any ideas about how to solve this as although it's not a serious problem it is rather annoying I also accept that this could just generally happen to my laptop as it has got older and it is nearly years old in January Cheers

A:Windows 7 splash screen delay at startup

Check what programs you have listed at start up. Type sys.conf in the search slot above the Windows Orb & when it opens select Startup. The only program you really need here is your Anti Virus so you can untick the others. Just untick them don't select disable. When you untick them a date will appear next to each item.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310492-windows-7-splash-screen-delay-startup.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi In 20 Startup XP missing Second toolbar on delay Windows and the last weeks my machine has started pausing when booting into Windows It stalls halfway through loading the system tray icons for around seconds during which time the start bar dissappears It then starts up again the start bar loads and it finishes booting up although there are less icons in the system tray than I would usually expect e g volume control although it 20 Second delay and missing toolbar on Windows XP Startup is enabled to be shown in the system tray in control panel I've ran my installed McAfee and Kaspersky online but nothing I use Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware regularly and they're not reporting anything either Odd Can you help please Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT 20 Second delay and missing toolbar on Windows XP Startup MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C 20 Second delay and missing toolbar on Windows XP Startup WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe D Program Files iRiver iHP iHPDetect exe C Program Files Common Files Nokia NCLTools NclTray exe C PROGRA A Tech Mouse Amoumain exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C LifeView FlyVideo RecSche exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Corsair Corsair Flash Voyager Utility PLBkMon exe C WINDOWS system HotfixQ exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe D Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS kdx KHost exe D Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe C Program Files TDK Systems Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files KService KService exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C Program Files Promise Technology Inc Promise Array Management MsgSvr exe C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA COMMON Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services NclBTHandler exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www skybroadband com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided By Sky Broadband O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Ad... Read more

Relevancy 41.71%

I just reinstalled Windows Home 7 Startup Windows Screen Before Login Delay Premium and all of the Windows 7 Startup Delay Before Login Screen software I need Windows 7 Startup Delay Before Login Screen on my ASUS A E laptop Pentium GHz GB RAM I am not sure when it happened as I had several reboots that had to be done while installing my software and the Windows updates and I was multitasking with other things and I did not watch each boot-up I would come back to my laptop with the Logon screen showing but now I see that after the 'Starting Windows' screen when the animation of the Windows icon logo finishes I have a long period about seconds or so I haven't timed it where the screen is black with an active mouse icon and that's it after the delay it goes to the Login Screen and starts fine after I enter my password I have Bitdefender Internet Security and it has a few optimization tools with it and I've tried them but nothing helps I have defragmented the hard drive checked for errors via Windows tools and nothing helps Ideas on how to fix this or a startup tool that can find out what's going on Thanks

A:Windows 7 Startup Delay Before Login Screen

seems relatively normal, some computers tend to do that, just a normal part of booting up sometimes. 45 seconds seems pretty normal legnth for this sort of pause.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/371477-windows-7-startup-delay-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys ,
i noticed that after the last win10 update , my start menu have a big delay sometimes before it opens.
i dont really know why.
and sometimes its just freeze , and when i keep pressing on the windows icon (on the left side bottom) its just does nothing.
i really dont get it..
why it happens..

Geforce GTX 970

Intel Core i5 6500 3.2 GHz

8GB Kingstom RAM.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/64961-windows-10-start-menu-delay-freeze.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 on my Dell XPS desktop (i7-3770, 8 GB RAM). Now, when I shutdown, sleep, or hibernate, it takes over 2 minutes for the unit to do what used to take very little time. I reinstalled the video driver (both latest and two most recent version) and each time things are back to normal the first time I do it, but after that, the 2 minute, 12 second, or so, delay reappears. I have a NVidea 620 graphics card. My Acer laptop using its built-in Intel graphics system does not have this problem and never did. I am running Classic Shell on both machines. My desktop was fine before upgrading to Windows 8.1. Can anyone help with this situation? Thank you.

A:Shutdown delay over 2 minutes after upgrading to Windows 8

Mine was the same when I upgraded from 8 to 8.1 but it did settle down after a few weeks, now takes about 15-20secs to shut down

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42391-shutdown-delay-over-2-minutes-after-upgrading-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Recently I have purchased a GB transcend HDD At that time I had tested at the owner's computer with Windows XP OS Later on I frequently used on my friend's Samsung laptop with Windows and also with Windows Xp It was working fine Later on when I connected it to my desktop I errod failed Delay Windows write was able to see the drives but unable Windows Delay write failed errod to copy paste data from Hard Drive and also getting popup error as quot Windows delay writ failed quot Along Windows Delay write failed errod with this some of drives are not visible opened I had executed quot Chkdsk quot but it shows access error At present again it's working with laptop having Windows but Windows Delay write failed errod one of the drive is not accessible Another thing I want to ask is that can I keep only USB harddrive to desktop and boot OS from itself only My Desktop configuration Windows Xp Service Pack DDR RAM MB Pentium Processor with chipset Can you please give me solution Thanks in advance

A:Windows Delay write failed errod

You should update to SP3. Microsoft solves the delay write problem at: You receive an error message when you save or move documents in Windows XP: "Delayed Write Failed"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-delay-write-failed-errod-671953.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Approximately two weeks ago I left my laptop on over night while downloading something. The next morning I returned to my laptop and was not and could not connect to any networks. I reinstalled the drivers for my wireless card and tried to connect. Whenever I try and connect to any network it goes through the connection process and only connects with limited connectivity, however, the icon in the bottom rate depicts the unconnected icon. After a few minutes it will fully connect and everything will be fine. This whole process is repeated every time I have to connect to the internet.

I initially thought it was a problem with my wireless card but upon booting into Vista my computer instantly connected to the network with no problems.

I can't find anyone with a similar problem but I'm wondering if there is a known solution. Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-delay-in-wifi-connection-under-windows-7.851037/
Relevancy 41.71%

HI TYIA for any start-up XP delay D430 Windows Dell help you can provide me I have a Dell Latitude D running Windows XP Pro with SP and all windows updates My problem is that when you start the laptop and log in there is a delay of - minutes before you can use either the internet or outlook In the process of troubleshooting mostly Windows XP Dell D430 start-up delay everything else has been removed However if you Leave the computer for - minutes at the login screen and login all work perfectly Windows XP Dell D430 start-up delay fine straight away on login There are errors Red or Yellow in the event viewer both system and application event logs now The only erroneous event that I can see is event id with source EAPOL Though I can t see any relevant information on the net regarding how this service seems to be involved int he authentication of network traffic can be effecting the boot sequence what uses it or how to turn whatever is using it off Does anyone have any idea Whats going wrong with this or How can you track whats waiting timing out and stopping network traffic I have Mcaffee ePO client on this machine which could be an issue but in hessitant to remvoe it for testing at the moment as its the weekend and I dont have console access at the moment to redeploy the software though this can be done on monday morning before the user arrives it wouldn t tell you whats causing the AV to have problems if it is even this TIA for your help Dave nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-dell-d430-start-up-delay.791491/
Relevancy 41.71%

How do I decrease the delay between minimizing and maximizing windows? I just re-enabled Aero from Classic to repair another issue and now I have this issue. When I minimize or maximize a window, I see the top bar travel from the top to the taskbar or the taskbar to the top respectively, shrinking or expanding as it goes. How do I make this transition instant as I had before?

A:Decrease Minimizing/Maximizing windows delay?

Rightclick 'My Computer' on the desktop and select Properties. In the window that opens, click on Advanced System Settings. In the next window (should open to the Advanced tab), click on the top-most Settings button.
In the next window, uncheck 'Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing' and OK all windows to close them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/189460-decrease-minimizing-maximizing-windows-delay.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Every time I install Windows 7 X64 (or X86) from USB I get two unexplainable delays for no apparent reason and I wondered if this was normal or just my system?

OK, I boot up and the files are copied from the USB to the PC. Fine. Then there's at least a 5 minute delay before the language choice screen appears! Is that a normal delay time?

After choosing that, you get the 'Setup is starting' screen for yet another 5 minutes before the EULA licence appears and you choose what/where or whether you want to repair the PC screens. Again, is that the normal delay?

10 minutes of sitting around waiting for the screen to appear where you can repair/re-install the computer just seems ridiculous.

Thereafter, it only takes 15-20 minutes to do a completely fresh install, so that's fine too.

Anyone else experiencing these delays?

A:Windows 7 X64 USB installation - Is this a 'normal' delay time?

That doesn't normal to me but im not sure what would cause a delay like that, given that you rarely need to access that I guessing its not going to be a major problem though ?????

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/359966-windows-7-x64-usb-installation-normal-delay-time.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I ve just got a new Dell Vostro amp am wondering if there is actually a solution to this problem Basically there is a delayed response coming through my speakers from the time I play a note Line-In. (Delay) 7 from Conexant/Windows Latency on my guitar to the time it sounds through the speakers it is only very minute I had the same problem with my previous computer but was able to fix it using Realteks HD Audio Manager somehow however the sound card on the Conexant/Windows 7 Latency (Delay) from Line-In. Dell is Conexant so the Realtek software is not compatible Conexant do have there own version of software that is similar called Smartaudio however through playing around with it I haven t been able to figure it out like I could with Realtek s audio manager I have also tried every possible combination of settings in Sound properties un-ticking listen to this device etc and still the delay remains this is a real pain in the ass you would think it would be a fairly easy flaw to fix by the computer company s so many people are having the same issue and there doesn t seem to be a solution

A:Conexant/Windows 7 Latency (Delay) from Line-In.

I assume you have already been through cancelling any special audio or environmental settings. Has it anything to do with the type of input you are using, Line-in, USB? Other inputs connected concurrently? Other processes running? Is it on-board or sound card audio? The only other thing I can think of is to increase the priority of the audio process/app in Task Manager (or equivalent) and go back to default after use.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474479/conexantwindows-7-latency-delay-from-line-in/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have just installed a new Clean Windows 7 Pro and managed to get past all the traps, Like only one disk may be in the machine or it will not allow new system partition etc.

However I have one left that I cannot work out.

When I power on the machine, bios passes all tests, screen goes blank and then there is a 5-10minute delay before windows starts loading?

Anyone seen this before and know what it is?

Its an Intel D945GTP board.

THanks for the advice in advance.

Ed

A:Very long delay between Power on and Windows 7 Starts

Here might be a start.

Reboot and press F8 repeatedly before Windows starts. You should get a menu. Select "enable boot logging".

When the PC reboots successfully, look in C:\windows\ntbtlog.txt for what happened during your boot process. Post the log on this thread.

I'm not an expert on it by any means, but someone who is should be able to make sense of the log.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36891-very-long-delay-between-power-windows-7-starts.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello friends,
have a problem recently. My computer starts quite normal (~25sec) until the logon screen appears. Then I enter my password. After entering the password the screen remains unchanged for another 33 seconds, until the desktop appears.
The same happens, when I restart the computer after standby, and also if I remove my password. Then the windows start screen stays unchanged for the same time.
The event protocol shows no errors or warnings whatsoever.
Does anybody know, what the reason might be?

A:Long delay after windows start screen

Check for corrupted files. On cmd type sfc /scannow

Schedule a check disk. On cmd type chkdsk c: /f
It will ask if you want to Schedule on next restart. Answer yes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402561-long-delay-after-windows-start-screen.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Anyone know the registry tweak to adjust the delay when windows close? They look fine popping up but when I click the close button, there's like a jitter during the hesitation, then they close. Really annoying.

A:Registry hack for windows close delay

You could disable a few related options here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/2133-registry-hack-windows-close-delay.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently upgraded my rig to Intel K CPU using a Gigabyte P A-UD motherboard Used the same installation of my SSD for boot drive after updating drivers everything seem perfect Had a few application issues mainly Creative Labs but otherwise OK Re-activated Win and MS office Adobe apps and had to re-install Crysis After all that and not right away there began to be a delay in start-up I turn the machine on desktop comes up but the LAN connection icon in the system tray just sits there with the busy blue circle not turning and I cannot startup Windows 7 during Network delay Connection launch anything Clicking on an app just presents me with another waiting circle until after a minute or so the LAN connection is established and then all is working Very frustrating to have to wait additional seconds when the entire thing booted in seconds just before I have other PC's laptops and have no problem I've tried Network Connection delay during Windows 7 startup rebooting the DSL modem router The motherboard has realtek ethernet connections which I tried seperatly and in the teaming mode gives you a virtual gig connection all to no avail This morning while waiting for the connection near the end it said that Windows Explorer has stopped working and will restart which it did then had to wait another seconds before connection was established Something is going on but I can't check in network and sharing center because I am locked out until connection is established then it shows no errors Adaptor settings have not been changed and the repair diagnostic function in that control panel reveals nothing finds no problems Any help would be greatly appreciated Tried setting stock CPU speeds and also turned off Windows firewall and MS Security essentials No other security software running Intel K OC'ed to using Easytune - Gigabyte GA-P A-UD B X Mushkin Redline X XFX Radeon can't run the slots are too close and there are temp problems Intel SSD Boot and Apps Hitachi gb in a Marvell controller raid CM Gold Plus PS LG BD Burner

A:Network Connection delay during Windows 7 startup

Problem solved, left over McAfee services that refuse to uninstall without running McAfee's removal tool, MCPR.exe, delaying network connection by trying to figure out that its not installed, then allows startup to complete and establish network connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/165276-network-connection-delay-during-windows-7-startup.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,
Immediately following the Starting Windows splash screen and before the welcome/logon screen I experience a 40ish second delay; a black screen with a cursor. I have been attempting to fix this for quite some time and this is my last resort. There is no difference in safe mode, clean boot, etc. Tried every reasonable suggestion I could find to no avail. A boot trace has revealed that "RPCSS svchost" is taking the majority of the time (see screenshot). I have no idea where to go from here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/4Iul1eDpkHdKqMN3Vi5Vwkj

Screenshot of RPCSS issue: http://i.imgur.com/doIwtrB.png

Thank you!

-Justin

A:Windows 7 x64 Boot Delay - RPCSS scvhost

How long has this been occuring for?  I would try a system restore. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580362/windows-7-x64-boot-delay-rpcss-scvhost/
Relevancy 41.71%

HI 64 Solved: windows Delay in bit Boot 7Ultimate x guys ok I Just last nite I Fresh Installed Windows Ultimate x it Boot ok the first time but now I m getting a delay Boot after pressing the Power button the screen is Solved: Delay Boot in windows 7Ultimate x 64 bit black then after to secs I hear the HD and then Beep and it start POST welcome and finally desktop And sometimes I have to press the POWER a few times because the computer turns OFF by itself it just don t want to start Then when it finally boot correctly there is no trouble the computer run smooth is the boot Sometimes it delay a whole minute just black screen then sudden it starts post and welcome them windows System Specs Nvidia Card Solved: Delay Boot in windows 7Ultimate x 64 bit Gb GeForce GT Direct X Driver version Physx ver Processor Pentium D GHz gigs of Mem Rom Mushkin Realtek Audio and H D driver ver LG monitor quot at X NOD antivirus Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Any Ideas how to Improve the Boot time or why the computer it s taking sooo much time to BOOT Post then Windows Thanks in advance and pls forgive my English not my first language And thansk for Help and assistance Toti nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

i have a problem ^^ when i click on an item (this only happens sumtimes like 50% of the time) it takes forEVER! ! i mean forever seriously and then it opens in like 20 or 30 mins

Relevancy 41.71%

Ok, so here's what happened.

No problems what-so-ever for weeks, formatted reasonably recently. Decided my fans were too noisy, so I shutdown, dabbed a little Vaseline inside the noisiest one, all happy. Boot back up, and it gets the the windows loading screen with the little bar going across. Hangs there for 3, 4 maybe 5 minutes, and then finally gets into Windows and runs fine.

No explanation is really given, Windows runs fine once it gets past that screen, and no other problems are evident (except the fans didn't get any quieter lol).

Any ideas as to why I'm getting this random hang would be appreciated.

Cheers
Paul

A:Weird Delay on Windows Loading Screen

Did you dislodge a stick of ram? Retrace your steps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-delay-on-windows-loading-screen-129162.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I seem to have blundered into reaching the last step in windows 10 upgrade. The files have been downloaded and the installation is hours away. It is scheduled for the middle of the night so I may not be awake when the final reschedule option appears. Moreover, I have a family crisis nd need to delay the install for a couple of weeks. The reschedule options only go up to 72 hours. Any help out there?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74345-delay-windows-10-upgrade-after-files-have-been-downloa.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Here is a strange one When I initially Delay Long Windows Opening Explorer log onto Vista business everything works normally Specifically starting windows explorer using any method works fine I Long Delay Opening Windows Explorer usually use the Windows Key and E After the machine has been logged onto the network for Long Delay Opening Windows Explorer about - minutes I get a second delay each time I try Long Delay Opening Windows Explorer to open windows explorer I timed it at seconds If I log off and back on this goes away for a while What I get during these delays is the frame of the win explorer with Searching in the status bar I've tried turning on off indexing deleting temp files Aero win classic disk check defrag toolbar start menu I don't see any problems in device manager rebooted domain controllers None of the other computers on the network are displaying this behavior but they are all XP This happens even if I don't run any apps between log on and the delay starting The last thing I installed NERO has been uninstalled

A:Long Delay Opening Windows Explorer

Back in the early XP days this was associated with the search for network resources that no longer existed (for example, if you've still got a mapped drive that no longer exists on the network).

It can also be caused by resource limitations on the computer itself. Checking the Processes tab of Task Manager may reveal some activity.

Could also be a "glitch" in a program being used that accesses the network - causing delays in network resolution.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122824/long-delay-opening-windows-explorer/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all I come now with a new problem I pretended for some time I did not care but that is now making me pull the hair from my head I installed something which I did not pay attention to at that time and I don t remember what selecting as Windows response Delay or in XP, Solved: typing it was and too many other programs after that programs I constantly use and therefore I don t want to get rid Solved: Windows XP, Delay in response as typing or selecting of If I roll back my computer to an earlier time to dismiss this problem I would be uninstalling all those valuable programs I am talking about Since the first installation when I select in excel using the mouse when I am typing in Word Internet or whatever other program things stop working There is a delay in response I type but I don t see what is just typed on the screen because the computer freezes undexpectedly and then it comes with the whole thing at once In the meantime I could have made a mistake in typing but because I couldn t see it right away on the screen I cannot be sure if I made it and have to wait until the computer defreezes back and keeps working along The delay doesn t last too long but it s frequent and recurrent So it s always there It is a pain in the neck and I am being very decent to say it It is not the Ram because I have plenty of it It is not the speed of the chip because my computer is not old It is not a wrong installation of the programs I installed because everything works fine at the end It is just that freaking delay that retards my work what bothers me What can I do Start from where Do I need any software to test for the internal condition of my computer I really hope I can get some help folks Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Model nbsp HP Pavilion dv - c se Entertainment Notebook PCOperating system windows bitgraphic hardware AMD Radeon HD m SeriesProcessor Intel R Core Tm i - m nbsp Hi On Windows it was fantastic and boot time was seconds When it became available for me I took the option to update to Windows nbsp Now when I start my laptop the blue windows screen loads the loading dots circle a couple of times then I get a delay during in boot screen long 10 Black windows black screen for approx seconds then eventually the log in page loads and everything is Black screen long delay during boot in windows 10 as it should be I have not been able to find this exact problem anywhere the Black screen long delay during boot in windows 10 nearest seems to be having a black screen with a flashing cursor but I dont get that just a black backlit screen I have tried a few fixes uninstalling CCC and drivers etc then installing and enabling disabling in different configurations but the problem persists When the graphics drivers are disabled the laptop boots in a few seconds to log in but when loaded the display is like safe mode and unacceptable nbsp Any help would be appreciated as Black screen long delay during boot in windows 10 nbsp my laptop is normally on for long periods whilst working or I shut it down and only need to be on for a few minutes at a time and the delay in boot is annoying

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-long-delay-during-boot-in-windows-10/td-p/5807574
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello;

Ever since clearing-out some old, no longer used apps from "Add/Remove Programs" (Control Panel) to free-up additional space on our hard drive, a pain in the drain "FLASHLIGHT" pops-up every time we go to open "My Computer". It lasts several
seconds until the drive listings appear and the screen populates. "My Computer" is the only place this is happening, and as I said, appears to be the result of having deleted old programs no longer in use. Microsoft wrote a report on the problem, but it does nothing to resolve the issue. They say its USB, HP printer, cable modem related or Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)-related, but none of these fixes work (FYI, MS article #819017). Any suggestions would be appreciated-

(BTW..."My Computer" loads at normal speeds with no flashlights in Safe Mode)

thanks
Webz

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi All I recently purchased a Asus UX LA laptop and noticed a strange behavior Fast Start-up work great approx seconds but a cold boot or restart is taking almost seconds seconds of that time is during what I call the Post screen before Delay Post 30 ASUS Laptop Windows on UX303LA Second when the ASUS logo is shown If I disable Fast Start-up the boot time changes to match that cold boot time of seconds The second delay at the ASUS post screen is consistent and 30 Second Delay on ASUS UX303LA Laptop Post before Windows repeatable always seconds Speaking with other UX owners I've had a couple confirm their cold boot time is only - seconds Here are the things I've tried which have not fixed it Made this registry setting change to stop the laptop from looking for a nonexistent CDROM it was looking Nonexisting CDROM keeps failing to load - Microsoft Community Changed the following settings in System- gt Advanced System Settings- gt Startup and Recovery- gt quot Time to display list of operating systems quot seconds quot Time to display recovery options when needed quot seconds Tried safe mode boot actually took longer to start up Tried selective start up with no system service or start up 30 Second Delay on ASUS UX303LA Laptop Post before Windows tasks no change Looked in 30 Second Delay on ASUS UX303LA Laptop Post before Windows Event Viewer no errors The only messages that are curious are the following all informational The following boot-start or system-start driver s did not load dam Process C Windows System svchost exe process ID reset policy scheme from b -f - f - -ff bb df e to b -f - f - -ff bb df e Process C Windows System DptfPolicyConfigTDPService exe process ID reset policy scheme from b -f - f - -ff bb df e to b -f - f - -ff bb df e Process C Windows System DptfParticipantProcessorService exe process ID reset policy scheme from b -f - f - -ff bb df e to b -f - f - -ff bb df e Here's a link to my System Logs after reboot http s tinyupload com index php file id Tried disabling pretty much everything in the BIOS Advanced Internal Pointing Device Disabled Wake On Lid Open Disabled Power Off Energy Saving Disabled Intel Virtualization Technology Disabled Intel AES-NI Disabled Intel Anti-Theft Technology Disabled Legacy USB Support Disabled XHCI Pre-Boot Mode Disabled Network stack Disabled Boot Fast Boot Disabled Enabled Launch CSM Disabled Enabled Security I O Interface Security Locked Unlocked -Wireless Network Interface -HD AUDIO Interface -USB Interface Secure Boot Control Disabled If anyone has any ideas what could be causing this delay or even how I could further debug they issue it would be greatly appreciated I'm out of ideas now

A:30 Second Delay on ASUS UX303LA Laptop Post before Windows

Did you ever figure this out? I seem to have the same problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56943-30-second-delay-asus-ux303la-laptop-post-before-windows.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Windows 7 delays before the password insert BOX appears on startup. This happened after i cleaned the registry for skype and then reinstalled skype. How can i fix it?

A:Windows 7 delay before the password insert box appears on startup

Ive experienced the same issue before and honestly its nothing to get excited about i dont believe. Because windows is finishing flushing out the registry entries that were marked for deletion. As for getting rid of the problem; well there really is no set way per say; to get rid of that as its just the way windows operates I believe(someone correct me here if wrong please)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/317029-windows-7-delay-before-password-insert-box-appears-startup.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Experts

After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, once I'm opening the Windows Explorer the left pane display it's content with delay.
This is also happening when I try to save something and browsing to were to save, folders displayed with delay.
See the video in the below link.
Any help will be appreciated!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20display1.mp4

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/50999-windows-explorer-left-pane-displayed-delay.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi my first post as I am fairly competent with computers but I'm frustrated nbsp I have a Pavillion DV 10 boot Black windows screen long delay during in nbsp Intel Core Black screen long delay during boot in windows 10 i - M CPU GHz gb ram with nbsp AMD Radeon HD M Series and nbsp Intel R HD Graphics Under Windows I replaced the standard hard drive with a nbsp Crucial CT M SSD - GB On Windows it was fantastic and boot time was seconds When it became available for me I took the option to update to Windows nbsp Now when I start my laptop the blue windows screen loads the loading dots circle a couple of times then I get a black screen for approx seconds then eventually the log in page loads and everything is as it should be I have not been able to find this exact problem anywhere the nearest seems to be having a Black screen long delay during boot in windows 10 black screen with a flashing cursor but I dont get that just a black backlit screen I have tried a few fixes uninstalling CCC Black screen long delay during boot in windows 10 and drivers etc then installing and enabling disabling in different configurations but the problem persists When the graphics drivers are disabled the laptop boots in a few seconds to log in but when loaded the display is like safe mode and unacceptable nbsp Any help would be appreciated as nbsp my laptop is normally on for long periods whilst working or I shut it down and only need to be on for a few minutes at a time and the delay in boot is annoying

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Black-screen-long-delay-during-boot-in-windows-10/td-p/5797680
Relevancy 41.28%

When I click a media file (sound or video) to play it, the main Windows Media Player window comes up but then it just sits there blank for a few seconds before it begins playing. Is this normal, or not? It pretty annoying.

Also, sometimes when I click a media file to play it, nothing happens, and when I look in the taskmanager media player is already loaded. I have to "end task" and then when I click the media file again it brings up windows media player. I'm not sure if it's a problem of media player loading or if it just didn't shut down completely the last time it was running.

If anyone could comment on their experience with or without either of these problems that would be appreciated. By the way, I am using Windows Vista. Thanks.

A:Windows Media Player delay on startup question

it's probably buffering for playback & that's perfectly normal as far as the lag goes when playing a media file; but then i'm using xp so....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-delay-on-startup-question.598285/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all I'm brand new here This is a new build from about System was rock solid until about a month ago when I had a weird string Windows screen boot Delay login between and logo of BSOD at login I went through a bunch of hoops and finally got the system back to normalish although I never really figured out what the problem was However since then I intermittently have a delay just before the login screen shows Most of the time it's fine when it's not it manifests as a black screen with just my Delay between Windows boot logo and login screen mouse pointer hanging out in the void This delay can be anywhere from seconds to minutes Any help is appreciated Let me know what additional info you might need from me Stuff I have done Updated all drivers for my hardware that aren't marked as beta there's a couple of those for my mobo Ran chkdsk no errors Ran sfc scannow no errors Changed my DNS server settings and disable IPv I forget what led me to believe that could be the culprit Took the overclock off my RAM I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things anyway thanks in advance for any help -Spall

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/393760-delay-between-windows-boot-logo-login-screen.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello Specifically There's a significant delay before the control panel displays as a menu when activated from the control panel It's as if the computer is waiting for a response from something times out and shows the menu Note when I activate the control panel from a desktop shortcut it opens IMMEDIATELY Programs seem to start with a similar delay otherwise the computer before delay 7 programs panel, start Odd Windows in control seems very fast Looking at the task manager as I Odd delay before control panel, programs start in Windows 7 try to open the control panel as a menu I see only that explorer exe shoots up to about of memory usage nothing else unusual I've set the menu open delay in the registry to That hasn't helped either I have a new IBM Lenovo Thinkpad with i - amp GB RAM amp Windows fully updated A clean start does NOT solve this problem Could the issue be related to services started disabled I've played around with them but it hasn't solved the issue I've run all the hardware diagnostics I can find - the memory and everything else passes with flying colors

A:Odd delay before control panel, programs start in Windows 7

If you're willing to install a tool and take a trace, we can probably figure out what's happening.
Install the Windows Performance Toolkit following the instructions here - note you don't need to take any traces, just follow the section called "Installing the tools"
Open up an elevated command prompt.
Type this command into that command prompt, and press ENTER to start the trace:

Code:
xperf -on DIAG+DISK_IO_INIT+DRIVERS+FILE_IO+FILE_IO_INIT+FILENAME+NETWORKTRACE+PRIORITY+PROFILE+REGISTRY+SPLIT_IO
Note you will not get any indication a trace is running, the command prompt will just return to a prompt when the trace has started

Reproduce the delay in opening the control panel
Type this command into the command prompt and press ENTER to stop the trace:

Code:
xperf -d C:\slow.etl

Once you've done the above, compress (using 7zip, winrar, etc.) the slow.etl file and upload it somewhere so we can download it and analyze it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/177183-odd-delay-before-control-panel-programs-start-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Installing Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition disk which came with the party pack, on an older Pentium 4 computer which has run Win7 RC fine for 6 months. Zeroed IDE HDD, IDE CD-DVD combo.

There was a long delay loading the disk before the initial language/keyboard layout menu comes up, and then an even longer 5-6 minute delay as "Setup is starting..." loads the installer.

The rest of the install went ok but seems slower than usual.

Is this a known issue for any particular problem? My guess is a slow or failing CD/DVD combo drive, which is not too big a worry since we rarely use it (previous Win7 installs were via USB thumb drive.) But perhaps someone knows more specifically what this might mean.

A:Long delay loading windows 7 install disk

well there is absolutely a speed decrease reading off of a DVD vs flashdrive. I dont know if the difference should be so dramatic, but it could be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/28820-long-delay-loading-windows-7-install-disk.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm new to your forum but not a newbie computer user However this Only in New (But Folders Expanding on HD) Explorer Delay LONG Windows problem has me completely stumped and I can't find any info about it in a search of Google or of this forum Here's some abbreviated system info Windows XP SP Intel P C MB MSI PE Neo -FIS R Here's what I just changed today that started the problem I installed a new Hitachi LONG Delay Expanding Folders in Windows Explorer (But Only on New HD) Gb SATA HD but only as additional storage not as part of a RAID setup I already have two other HD's and ATAPI drives using up my primary and secondary IDE positions Therefore I connected the new SATA HD to the onboard Promise SATA controller It installed and formatted just fine and shows up correctly in Windows LONG Delay Expanding Folders in Windows Explorer (But Only on New HD) Explorer I have already moved about Gb of files to it The files transfered quickly as expected But here's the one annoyance Each time I start the computer then open Windows Explorer there's a LONG delay expanding any of the folders for that new drive and ONLY that drive - the other drives are not affected The delay is always at least seconds but it's usually closer to minutes Once each folder has been expanded once it will open quickly from then on even if I close Windows Explorer then come back later But if I reboot I have the same delay expanding the folders again Things I've tried or verified Hitachi Drive Fitness Test veries the drive is OK All BIOS settings are correct and I've even experimented with some of them just to be sure The computer is free of viruses or adware There are no corrupt files on the new drive All connections are correct and tight The Promise driver is loaded and working The drive has been defragged with VoptXP I've tried it both with and without the quot Indexing Service quot checked in properties with no difference I hope one of you has a bright idea that I've missed Thanks Michael

A:LONG Delay Expanding Folders in Windows Explorer (But Only on New HD)

I tried some more things today:
1. Flashed the BIOS on my motherboard.
2. Updated the .inf file for my motherboard.
3. Verified that DMA, not PIO is enabled for the drive.
4. Changed the SATA cable.
5. Moved the conntection from the onboard Promise controller to the Intel ICH5 southbridge controller on my motherboard.
6. Disconnected my CD-RW and DVD drives to verify that they were not conflicting with the new HD.

That's it. I'm out of ideas. I could use some really good tech support!

Thanks,
Michael

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/long-delay-expanding-folders-in-windows-explorer-but-only-on-new-hd-10924.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Recently my computer has started to delay during boot up The delay starts after the 'Starting windows' screen it is a black screen with a mouse cursor some times I can move the mouse other times I cannot The delay lasts for about seconds Then takes me to the log in screen or logs me in if I have it set to automatic log on I am tearing my hair out screen. splash Windows 7 delay Ult after Boot 64bit trying to determine what is the cause I have used the instructions Trace Windows boot shutdown hibernate standby resume issues - Windows - MSFN Forum to determine the issue is occurring during the SMSSinit phase of the mainboot I have uninstalled and Windows 7 Ult 64bit Boot delay after splash screen. reinstalled drivers I have setup custom event viewers to look at the boot and also see the delay with warnings MbAr found no issues Combofix found nothing significant Avast boot time scan found nothing significant sfc found no issues I did have the kb issue but have uninstalled that update Startup repair also found no issues My ntbtlog shows these items not loading Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers Windows 7 Ult 64bit Boot delay after splash screen. vga sys Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers srv sys I have found lots of people with the same issue but only thing I have found so far is that a reinstall fixes it I am trying to avoid that I would really like to know what Windows 7 Ult 64bit Boot delay after splash screen. the cause is So willing to follow whatever steps you guys suggest I am in your hands do with me as you will And thank you for helping me out

A:Windows 7 Ult 64bit Boot delay after splash screen.

Did you take a look at this thread?
http://www.sevenforums.com/performan...ml#post1160620

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/370539-windows-7-ult-64bit-boot-delay-after-splash-screen.html