Windows Support Forum

Starting Dell laptop when battery faulty

Q: Starting Dell laptop when battery faulty

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop which I have just discovered has a faulty battery, and although it is plugged into a power socket, won't start up. Any thoughts on how I can get around this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Starting Dell laptop when battery faulty

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Starting Dell laptop when battery faulty

Remove the battery...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starting-dell-laptop-when-battery-faulty.202880/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I ve been using a Dell inspiron from about years now and exactly after years of my buy the battery failed and it started showing me to battery charge! Bought battery still and dell my doesn't laptop a new replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! I didn t take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in After - months of such usage My battery completely failed and doesn t Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! even offer me even a minute of backup when i remove the power socket Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type After i removed my defected battery I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine its charging well but at some time it says quot Plugged in But not charging quot Which is rare for any new battery which is bought brand new This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup it is providing me a backup but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it Which I think should not be present it also says quot Low battery quot when there s already of battery left I ve also followed some online steps updated by BIOS to the latest nbsp Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc i would love to get this problem solved I m using a PA- family adapter which is also a replaced one So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated THANKS

A:Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..
the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.
so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.
1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.
click "More power options"
2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"
3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.
4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!
5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.
6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values
                   --> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)
                   ---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)
Now once that's done, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE EXCLAMATORY MARK ON YOUR BATTERY!!!!
So I hope this works!
Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19465162
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi folks I wanted to post the fact that Dell sold me a faulty laptop in July last and I had a complete nightmare gaining a refund nbsp I had to fight for over x Faulty Customer Feedback / Dell Service RE: Laptop days to have my money returned and in the end I requested my Credit Card provider to resolve the matter legally I was also lied to on many occasions by the staff Gian Vishka and Shahank who repeatedly RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback promised me manager call-backs and also that the courier was en-route to collect the faulty item nbsp I was asked to please be patient to allow them to resolve the matter asap which RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback I was and my gesture was completely throwm back in my face on multiple occasions nbsp I am still waiting for the Senior Manager call-back I was promised TEN DAYS ago although now the RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback situation has gone to far for any kind of amicable resolution I shall NEVER purchase from Dell ever again as it is totally criminal of them to retain a customers money nbsp I have probably spent at least x hours on the phone before I managed to make any headway with the situation nbsp I have been a Dell loyal customer since and this would have been the third PC I purchased from them nbsp Therefore it is utterly abysmal for them to treat me or anyone like this I am considering posting a copy of the entire dialogue here as well as other computer forums sales-reviews online as it is quite unbelievable nbsp I only wish I had recorded the phone conversations Yes I was provided with some compensation which I do appreciate however it was the very least you could have done and I still feel that the members of staff involved should have been sacked on the spot for their repeated misconduct Thank you Paul David Seaman UK

A:RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback

Moderators: Please feel free move this post to a more appropriate section of the forum should you see fit.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988749
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi i have a XPS M dell laptop and bought a new battery wich came charged to the instructions said that i should discharge the battery to and then chargeit to for first time I used the laptop withouth cord until it was then i plugged it but the amer light that should battery testing of of or port need dell a i help a Hi, a battery laptop appear it is not when i plug the laptop with the battery installed then i check the energy administrator i have xp Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell and lubuntu and it both was the same and it said quot charging quot but it stayed in i let it more than hours plugged but never charged the battery it is still in and the light of the battery doesnt turn on I dont know if the battery is bad because it worked when had charge or is maybe the laptop that is not charging Is there a war to check if this port is charging electricity to the battery i have a multimeter and i know how to open this laptop Any information would be helpful as i havent been able to found information on this and also is there a way to know with the multimeter if the battery is allowing energy to charge it i hope you have understood im still klearning english thanks for your time nbsp

A:Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell

Testing the DC jack on a laptop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrsUsyxzk1M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-i-need-help-testing-a-battery-or-a-port-of-battery-of-a-laptop-dell.1131320/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi
Please can anyone tell me if my keyboard is faulty or not ?
Symptoms is i start the laptop up fine and works web, office etc but then after a few mintues it goes haywire and the mouse goes really erractic fire over the screen and wont stay in one place its like its got the shakes, Any know what my fault is a friend said to me that happened with him and his was faulty keyboard. Anyone any suggestions please ?

A:Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop keyboard problem faulty or not?

Yes, I would say replace the keyboard too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1525-laptop-keyboard-problem-faulty-or-not.167933/
Relevancy 65.79%

Over the last 2 days I have been having a problem as indicated in the title of this post. The fault has rectified itself 3 times, but again today, it is back to "battery plugged in, not charging." As I am running the laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium; 32 bit) on the adapter without problems, I assume that the adapter itself may not be faulty.
I also have a Dell Inspiron 630M laptop running Windows 7.  Can I safely use that adapter with the Vista laptop, without causing damage to the Vista ?  If it is safe to do so, and the battery on the Vista starts charging, then it would indicate that the Vista adapter/charger has some kind of fault.
Hoping someone can give me some guidance. Thanks.

A:Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. Battery plugged in not charging. Can I use adapter from a Dell Inspiron 630M laptop ?

If the adapter has the same plug and the same or higher power rating, you can swap them.
Check to see whether the 1545 recognizes the AC adapter or whether it shows unknown (F2 at powerup).  If it shows unknown with two different adapters, you have a bad power jack or a bad mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994907
Relevancy 64.93%

My problems having battery Laptop starting trouble after laptop has been plugged into a surge protector power strip for a few days and I used it yesterday I got on today and it opeNed to BIOS It had a message about the power cord for my laptop not being correct and not recognized and something about AC After I ran a diagnostic on that it said Laptop having trouble starting after battery problems I had nothing wrong with Laptop having trouble starting after battery problems it but it was recommended to run a further test with the memory Before that it showed colors in vertical lines and asked me it I had colors on my screen on the last page I clicked yes and it got me to the further memory test I m currently running that and have about hours left The error message on the screen now is quot your system seems to be having trouble starting nbsp Dell SupportAssist is scanning your hardware for a possible cause quot My laptop is a Dell inspiron Please help I didn t order it online and didn t get it from a Dell store This has happened and I got a new chord I m wondering if it is a problem with the laptop

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989465
Relevancy 64.5%

My laptop is IdeaPad Z570. Yesterday, I was working on my laptop. It was working fine. It was in charging state. Suddenly, laptop went dead and the LED indicator on the charger that is the orange LED started blinking. Now the laptop is not turning on and whenever I insert the charger into the laptop the LED of the charger starts blinking otherwise it isn't blinking (that is when it is not inserted into the laptop). I have checked the charger with a multimeter and it is fine.  I already tried draining the battery by pressing power button for long time then charging; Removing the battery and then charging etc. Nothing is working. What should I do?

A:Ideapad Z570,Laptop not starting,Battery not getti...

Hi nimish816 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.
Can you again try to unplug the charger and remove the battery , power drian down on the power button again and plug back the ac adapter without any battery . (power check out page 21) 
Use the Novo button (one key button item 6 page 2) to turn on instead of the power button . 

If same issue ,unplug the charger and remove the harddrive and memory (page 36-38) and try to turn on using both power or novo key. Would the laptop beep ( it should without any memory)

If all steps fail then call in tech support for service to have internal systemboard and dc in board and cable checked. 

Update us how it goes. 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Ideapad-Z570-Laptop-not-starting-Battery-not-getting-charged-AC/td-p/3304543
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, My son has a Dell inspiron 1300 lap top which would only run a few minutes on the battery, it worked fine when the mains charger was plugged in, assuming the old battery was faulty he purchased a new compatable battery for it (not a genuine dell) Since fitting the new battery, when he switches on the laptop he gets a message saying it does not recognise the battery and will not charge it. The supplier of the battery insists their batteries are compatable and the laptop needs to recalibrate ? will these machines only work on a genuine dell battery ? can you help us ?

A:Dell Laptop Battery

Dell uses proprietary parts. If the non-genuine part will not work I would return it and purchase one from Dell.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-battery.832604/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello friends This is my first post in TECHSPOT hope all are good My exact problem is already present in this thread wwwDOTtechspotDOTcom vb topic DOThtml Wish not Laptop Dell E1505 starting the mods Dell Laptop E1505 not starting had kept it open for further discussion Here is my version of the problem My laptop is little more than years old Dell Inspiron e I went to turn it on and it would not start up Instead it would power on and the screen would say black The fan would come on the power light would come on Also the number lock and scroll lock lights would blink and the caps lock light was solid I could hear the hard drive thinking about starting up This would last about seconds and then it would power off I read around the internet and found a solution which was to quot reseat the memory quot I took the bottom access panel off the memory and took the chips out of the A and B slots I then put them back in securely and made sure they were in Still nothing happened then it strike me that either if one of the memory cards had failed but I was wrong I took both cards out and inserted one card in slot A and left other open and started it started means one RAM was good then did the same with other card inserted it in Slot A and started it too worked Now my problem is I feel there might be something wrong with slot B Usually this problem I encounter whenever I change the position of my laptop for eg If I do some cleaning on my laptop then this blinking of scroll caps lights and not starting problem occurs the solution known to me was to leave the laptop unattended for about - hours and after - hours it automatically used to start but now its headache for me to keep the laptop like this since today morning I am trying after every half an hour but all I get is blinking was not able to use my Night unlimited on BSNL - Now after going through above thread on my PC i have installed only one ram in my laptop and now it is working My query is is there anyway to find out whether the slot B of ram is working or not Some one please help me nbsp

A:Dell Laptop E1505 not starting

Run MemTest86 for four hours or 7 passes, whichever is longer... one memory module at a time... but you already have most of your answer, do you not?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-e1505-not-starting.136517/
Relevancy 61.06%

hey hows it going So two weeks ago my laptop started to have issues I have a dell inspiron well my computer turns on and starts loading everything then goes to a black screen saying windows error recovery it also says windows failed Dell Trouble Starting Laptop to Dell Laptop Trouble Starting start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause Then it gives me to options to either launch startup repair which loads files then goes back to the same screen and start windows normally where it almost gets to the login Dell Laptop Trouble Starting in screen then a blue screen pops up to fast to read it and goes back to the recovery screen Well when i run a diagnostics it says Error code - also i dont have any of the start up disk because my parents have them in alaska and also i dont need anything on the computer cause i backed it up but i just need it to work What should i do i really need this computer for college thanks Adam nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-trouble-starting.1034786/
Relevancy 60.63%

I actually counterfeit? battery laptop this Is Dell have run across a Dell T FJ laptop battery that looks different from known genuine Dell laptop batteries and might possibly be a counterfeit Here Is this Dell laptop battery actually counterfeit? are some photos of the laptop battery in question Here are some Is this Dell laptop battery actually counterfeit? pictures of known genuine T FJ laptop batteries Here are the differences I notice between the battery shown in the first set of photos that looks different from the known genuine batteries and might possibly be counterfeit and the known genuine batteries shown in the second set of photos The text is in a different font in the battery shown in the first set of photos than it is Is this Dell laptop battery actually counterfeit? in the known genuine batteries shown in the second set of photos The known genuine batteries say Further processed in China instead of Assembled in China even though I have encountered known genuine Dell laptop batteries for newer Dell laptop models that actually do say Assembled in China The text Cells made in Korea and Assembled in China is clearly in a different font in the battery shown in the first set of photos than it is in known genuine T FJ batteries The small print on the TIS logo and on the nbsp T Uuml V GS logo on the bottom label is legible on the known genuine T FJ batteries if you look closely enough but is illegible on the battery shown in the first set of photos even if you look at the label closely The RBRC Recycling logo is clearer on the known genuine T FJ batteries than it is on the battery shown in the first set of photos The battery shown in the first set of photos is missing the small white label on the bottom of known genuine Dell batteries that includes the DP N a Data Matrix barcode corresponding to the serial number on the white label and a serial number on the white label The battery shown in the first set of photos has a gray label that includes a QR code that decodes to followed by a Code barcode that decodes to a serial number in a very different format from that of known genuine Dell laptop batteries Is the battery shown in the first set of photos actually counterfeit

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986646
Relevancy 60.63%

I just bought a new replacement dell inspiron 1545 laptop battery,and works with power supply disconnected from computer,however it shows x in battery icon,and reads no battery detected,this is a windows 7 system and a dell laptop,any suggestions on how to get my pc to read or recognize this new battery? it also shows that it cannot read model number of battery during startup so no charging can be done??

A:new dell laptop battery,not being detected

1. If it is a non Dell battery it is quite common that some cheaper alternatives are not detected
2. Go F2 setup on post (think it is F2 on a dell - enter BIOS scroll across to power options look for battery learning function or something similarly worded
Enter that and see if there is a choice for enable etc.
If so select, save and exit
Reboot and test

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-dell-laptop-battery-not-being-detected.1117726/
Relevancy 60.63%

i replaced the old battery with the new one as the old one wasnt being charged

the problem was that old battery message "" plugged in, not charging"

the problem didnt go away with the new battery

A:dell laptop battery not charging

I had the same problem once and this solved it. Take a look at this link.

Plugged in, not charging Windows 7 solution : Jeffrey Palermo (.com)

The same details are available in this thread
"Plugged In, Not Charging"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/233747-dell-laptop-battery-not-charging.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm using a compatible battery on dell vostro 840 (Vista Home basic). It works fine with adapter. but when battery got fully charged and I removed the adapter, then after 10-15 minutes, laptop got locked with black screen and then then shutdown in 1 minute.
When I restart it again on batter, then it works fine till battery end
The problem occurs only for first time I run it on batter but work fine after starting 2nd time on battery.
Everytime, I works on batter, I wait for it to locked & shutdow for 1st time and then I start again for 2nd time and it works fine for next 2 hours.

What Can I do except changing my battery as I do want to buy again a battery and this compatible battery also gives backup upto 2 hours.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298776-dell-laptop-autolocked-battery.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I was using laptop today when battery power started dropping at an alarming rate..................I have used the battery 2 or 3 times for less than 10 minutes in 2 years.
Maybe that is the problem.A message said replace battery,when I took the battery out ,it appears to be rechargeable!!??.
The main problem is why did it suddenly lose power?
Hope I've chosen correct place to post. Any help appreciated.

A:Dell laptop battery problem

Laptop batteries lose their ability to hold a charge when they are not used on a regular basis. Conditioning the battery once a month will help to recharge the battery and help the cells remember how to hold a full charge. If you let a battery drain slowly due to no use, eventually you will have a dead battery.

Laptop batteries only last 18-24 months to begin with and if it is not being charged and discharged regularly, the cells have no way to learn how to hold a charge. It is very important to initially condition the batttery with 2-4 complete charge/discharge cycles and then maintian it once a month to get the best performance.

More battery tip info:
http://www.batteryfuel.com/faq1.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/6792-dell-laptop-battery-problem.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Greetings--- I am a novice at fixing problems. When my Dell INSPIRON 8600 LAPTOP boots up it starts with this message " The Ac Power Adapter type cannot be determined. This will prevent optimal system performance" It then gives me 3 choices F1 continue boot -- F2 utility setup -- F3 ignore message in the future.

The laptop will not run unless plugged into charger as the battery is less than 7% charged and I receive a warning about the same.

THE BATTERY WILL NOT CHARGE UP BECAUSE????????

I have had this laptop for 4 years and have had 0 problems til now.

Does anyone have an idea on what to do now?? Laptops are portable but I have to stay tethered to the cord to use. THANK YOU scoop2.2

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,
I have a dell inspiron 1720 laptop. Almost to the date of the warranty my power supply died. I found a replacement one on line (Not dell) and it works fine. 1 month later my battery will not charge. When I use the power supply the icon will say Use a dell power supply, PC is plugged in, not charging.
Is there something with the system that will not let the battery charge if there in a non-dell supply used!
Thanks
ROB

A:Solved: Dell Laptop battery

you might do some web searches to see how common this problem is, in that dell and hp had some other problems they are having to deal with, but sure haven't did any public notifications, see HERE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-laptop-battery.820400/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there,
I have a dell Inspiron 2200,
Its a few years old now, and the battery has been playing up a little bit over the last 3/4 year.

The laptop Battery is now continousally flashing untill the laptop is powered down.
I have tried discharging and recharging the batery, however it only has enough power these days to power it for 15mins or so anyway!

Can someone sugest whats wrong with it? and Is there a way to fix it?

Many thanks.

Relevancy 59.77%

Kindly confirm whether the battery J1KND is original or not.
The barcode has : CN - 04YRJH - 48630 - 66O - O26F -A04
Also it has KC 2016.06 and DP / N 04YRJH
Thanks in advance.
If you could provide a logo that would be great..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988700
Relevancy 59.77%

This problem appear at all Dell models...from our experience specially after a dc power jack replacement the laptop doesn't recognize the batery or AC-DC adapter...we try reseting the bios by removing the CMOS batery, didn't fix it...the only fix we found so far it's a replacement ac adapter or battery...it worked in all cases...the place to buy it...the cheaper but not the safer...ebay...buy it on your risk...if further solution found pls reply back or place an inquire at www.nydatapc.com

A:Dell laptop not recognizing AC-DC adapter or battery

power adapter lead gone off when pug in the laptop but the laptop wont turn on. dell d 610. what do i do pls.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-not-recognizing-ac-dc-adapter-or-battery.916723/
Relevancy 59.77%

Just got a new DELL battery for my DELL INSPRION 1525. It does not hold the charge longer than 15 minutes. Contacted the place where it was purchased and was told to configure the battery with the BIOS. Went to the DELL Drivers site for the BIOS....cannot get the download for the battery BIOS to take.

Any ideas on that...or why the battery is not performing as it should??

Thanks!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-bios-for-new-dell-laptop-battery.963879/
Relevancy 59.77%

I was given a 7-year old Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop to do a clean reinstall of Windows XP.

The battery in it is Dell-branded and appears to be the same one that came in it.

The charger works fine and kept the laptop powered during the entire setup/install/update process.

After I was done, I discovered in the power options and in the taskbar that the battery isn't being detected.

I examined the battery and the contacts and didn't see any damage or corrosion.

I wanted to update the BIOS, but I couldn't because of the "no battery detected" issue.

I realize a 7-year old battery likely no longer holds a charge, but why isn't it being detected?

I've never run into this issue before, so I'm stumped.

Anyone have any ideas?

----------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 59.77%

The battery charging light is flashing orange and green which according to the helpfile means that 'the battery is too hot to start charging'. I have switched the machine off for half an hour - it is definitely cold, but this light continues to flash and the battery will not charge. The laptop is about 8 months old and battery use has been fairly light.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Danny

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop - battery not charging.

it sounds like a defective battery. if the laptop is only about 8 months old then it should still be under warranty. you should contact dell about the problem and get a replacement battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-laptop-battery-not-charging.43336/
Relevancy 59.77%

i just purchased a brand new battery for my laptop and it still will not charge or play off it and it needs to be plugged in.

any suggestions are grealy appreciated

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello guys,

I recently bought a Dell laptop. Been a month of usage only and on the last use I allowed the battery to be drained fully since i did not have my charger with me. Upon charging and switching on again, the system had a boot configuration error.

I sent the laptop back to the supplier since i was still under warranty. They said this was not covered under warranty because i allowed the battery to be drained and i should not have allowed that and as such would have to pay for it to be fixed.

Are they correct or are they trying to dupe me?

A:Windows 8 Dell Laptop Battery Drain

your laptop came with warranty paperwork, what does it say?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-dell-laptop-battery-drain-720817.html
Relevancy 59.77%

shows only 2% charged and battery will not charge.... HELP... need to fix this. If I unplug the power, and plug it back in, it will show it is charging for about 20 seconds but then stops charging and the percentage does not increase.. does anyone have an idea what causes this and/or how to fix this?

A:Dell laptop battery Plugged in, not charging

What exactly are you trying to charge?Are you charging it with the charger that came with the device? It's possible that the charger you are using doesn't provide enough amps to properly charge the device. If you were using the charger that came with it, have you tried a different charger?Lastly, have you tried a different outlet?User Info Page Biography for full specs.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/dell-laptop-battery-plugged-in-not-charging/1481.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all,
I have recently purchased a D430 laptop that comes with Vista. I found that there is no way I can set the charging scheme (i.e. charge only when battery power falls to xx%, etc that I found in my old IBM one). I don't want it to cycle at high percentages as it would degrade the battery fast. Removing the battery is not a good solution - it seems this model is designed to have the battery attached all the time.
Any suggestions?

A:Dell laptop battery charge settings?

Have you tried using another battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-battery-charge-settings.91774/
Relevancy 59.77%

I know my Motherboard on my Dell Inspiron 8500 needs to replaced it stopped charging my battery about a year ago . I did all the sugestions from the forums but nothing helped and it was suggested after all that that my mother board most likley is damaged or defective. Well I purchased a new battery which basically has been keeping the settings because it had half a charge . What I want to know is can you charge the battery not installed in the laptop or are there chips on the battery that wont allow that ? I have like four ac adapters for this laptop is it possable to build a connection to the battery to charge it ?

A:Other Means for charging dell laptop battery?

sure, anything is possible,
how familiar are you with electronic circuity?
easy way,
do you know someone with similar unit?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/other-means-for-charging-dell-laptop-battery.801304/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Dell Latitude notebook. In the lower right hand corner it shows a plug that indicates that the notebook is plugged into the wall directly. However, now and then a lightning bolt will appear over it indicating that I am on battery If I shake the cord sometimes the bolt will go away and sometimes will not. Does this indicate I need a new battery, i.e. that it no longer can hold a charge or do I need a new AC cord?

Thanks
Nancy

A:Dell Laptop New battery or cord needed??

Hello,

Check your AC adapter connector on the laptop to see if it is loose. Plug the AC adapter into the laptop and where the connector goes into the laptop see if you can move it around and how much play it has. It sounds like a typical problem that I see all the time on laptops in our shop.

If that is the case, then you will have to have the laptop serviced to fix the problem.

I hope this helps a little.

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-new-battery-or-cord-needed.335342/
Relevancy 59.77%

So when i start it up it asks to run the repair or start normally, both of them eventually take me to the Starting Winodws screen and freezes. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5040. I dont have any windows discs but i tried to use a windows xp disc to boot the computer from the CD Drive and it wouldnt work. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance :)

A:DELL LAPTOP, FREEZES ON STARTING WINDOWS SCREEN

Hi pelichjohn,
I would suggest you to run the Dell Diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ?Diagnostics? from the boot menu.
Please share the findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19517950
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello nbsp I nbsp battery? y40-80 Faulty have a Lenovo y - laptop Faulty y40-80 battery? out of warranty since days and I think the battery is either dead or faulty I'm still hoping to find a way to fix my problem with your help nbsp Recap of the whole thing Battery is working perfectly keeping its charge and giving me a couple of hours - h per Faulty y40-80 battery? charge after year nbsp Warranty ends on october st I thought no need for an extension what could happen nbsp November I take my computer to class and I'm suprise to see it's stuck at Then my computer shut down after minutes was still at nbsp Plug my charger and start it right away The gauge is now showing and charging but it's not as it stuck again at nbsp Since then either the battery level shows when charged until I unplug it and it shut down fast OR it stays at when I charge it and sometimes randomly goes back to nbsp I've been searching for a solution for a couple of days trying to uninstall the Energy manager and the ACPI pilot but it is still defective nbsp Ironically my warranty has been expired only for a couple of days and I thought about purchasing an extended warranty Would it be possible and would it covers for my battery nbsp Thanks a lot

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Faulty-y40-80-battery/td-p/3476595
Relevancy 59.34%

Ihave a dell laptop computer studio 1749 it is about 5 years old the battery is getting very hot is there anyway I can run this laptop from the electric plug and bypassing the battery as I am retired and money short I really do not want to have to pay out big money for a new battery dell said they are arround $ 200.00 I had the motherboard replaced about 2 years ago everything else seems to be in good working order I am running windows 7 64 bit . or should I ditch this computer and see if I can get a new cheap laptop any advice or help would be greatly appreciated
present battery is dell M905pose Lion lithiumion serial # 7777.

A:battery problem with dell studio 1749 laptop

You should be able to take the battery out and run it directly from the power cord.

See this to help - ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-prod...o_laptop/studio-1749_Service Manual_en-us.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-problem-with-dell-studio-1749-laptop.1128960/
Relevancy 59.34%

i have laptop dell latitude  E6230 .when i purched the laptop battery timing is 5 plus hour and now battery problem that. battery option is show this massage . the battery one is nit available for use. what kind of problem. kindly tell me.

Xperts mary laptop dell latitude e6230 ha us ma ya problem ha.

A:laptop dell latitude E6230 battery problem

Hi ,
Thank you for writing to us!
We suggest you to run power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

PressWindows + X key.
SelectControl panel.
In the search box, typeTroubleshooter and then clickTroubleshooting.
Click on Power and Click on Next button.

Also calibrate the battery ,also check in BIOS if the battery is detected .Kindly let us know if the functionality of the system is being effected .
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983791
Relevancy 59.34%

my dell d600 wont charge batteries

I have purchased a new power supply, new battery

nothing worked so I took it to get it repaired and I was told that there is a problem with some connector in the montherboard I guess thats what detects the battery..
and in the bios it reports the battery as unknow as does windows
does anybody know if this is DIY job? instead of spending money on getting it repaired?

also is there a way to recharge a battery without have it inserted in the laptop?

thanks

A:Dell D600 laptop problem - Battery not working

I wouldn't waste any more money on a laptop that old. It's unfortunate that you spent money on a new battery and power adapter.

There's no point in charging the battery externally, which would require yet another purchase if such a device exists for that model battery. The odds are the problem is with the laptop itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-d600-laptop-problem-battery-not-working.630514/
Relevancy 59.34%

i bought dell ( n5520 )  i5 3rd generation
in slightly used
please tell me
how can i check
its battery is original or not ?

cn-0911MD-48630
654-O0GX-A02
Made in china

A:how to check ,battery is original or not in dell n55520 i5 laptop

It's a Dell part number, but there is no way to know if it's original to the system.  If it is, bear in mind that system is about four years old, so the battery is likely at or near the end of its expected lifespan.  In fact if it is original, and the battery still works - that's quite a good thing, since they generally last 2-3 years.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994649
Relevancy 59.34%

my laptop battery is loosely connected,it is getting turn off when i move the laptop from one place to other, there is no problem with power jack or ac adapter. After many examinations i found my battery is loose, it is getting disconnect internally when i move or lift the laptop.
I need to solution to fix this battery connection. How to make it normal? should i replace the battery?

A:my dell laptop battery is loosely connected. need a solution

SRIDHAR,
Can you please provide your system service tag to me in a private message.  You  can  click my name  DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number.. er
You would click my name in blue, then on the next page in the upper right corner, click the words "send private message"
Was the battery the original battery shipped with the computer?  Has the computer been dropped or damaged in any way?  Is it an extended life battery or a regular battery that sits flush.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986183
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey Guys I've had my Dell Studio Laptop Windows for around years and months Iv'e been having a fair few problems with it ever since I bought it This time it's been playing up mostly when Iv'e been facebook gaming within the last few weeks more often anyway Where it will Shutting-Down Freezing and Dell or Laptop Re-Starting Studio 1558 Randomly just decide to freeze and becomes un-responsive Dell Studio 1558 Laptop Freezing and Randomly Shutting-Down or Re-Starting where pressing even Ctrl Alt Dell Studio 1558 Laptop Freezing and Randomly Shutting-Down or Re-Starting Del doesn't work I'm forced to Dell Studio 1558 Laptop Freezing and Randomly Shutting-Down or Re-Starting hold down the power button to force a shut-down and then start it up again If my facebook game isn't open generally at the moment I don't tend to get problems Although prior to this over the last approx month my laptop was shutting down or restarting without warning Sometimes it will still do this after freezing it will just shut itself down and stay turned off until I power it back on or restart itself instead Twice within the last week or so it wasn't able to start up properly and attempted to do a 'system restore' but failed But after that it was able to start up again A few times when it shut down and I had to press the power button a few times because it kept powering down instantly each time I pressed the button I've had to send it away twice already once for a dead Hard Disk Drive needing replacing and the other time for the fan heat sink needing replacing Both times before I had trouble with this laptop randomly shutting down or restarting rarely freezing though When my HDD failed my computer was unusable and wouldn't start at all and when my fan heat sink was failing my laptop would be boiling hot to the touch and would often shutdown before even reaching the log-in screen and the CPU usage would be through the roof Both problems were fixed so I have both a new HDD and fan heat sink so my computer doesn't heat up and can turn on properly so these should no longer be a problem Any ideas what it could be this time Idea's on how to try and fix the problem myself or figure out what it is If you can help me thanks heaps

A:Dell Studio 1558 Laptop Freezing and Randomly Shutting-Down or Re-Starting

Hello lilkimmy2468

How many other programs/browser tabs do you have open when you are playing these Facebook games? It seems possible that you are trying to get your laptop to do too much. From what I can see the Dell Studio 1558 laptop comes with 4GB of memory, which may sounds a lot, but once you are running a few programs and resource heavy programs (especially on the memory such as Facebook games), it can slow down your laptop, possibly creating the issues you have.

If you are only running your browser with one tab open, you may have a memory issue, so you may have to run a memory test/diagnostic, depending on your answer to the above.

I will say that it sounds like your laptop needs some general care and attention, when was the last time you run a disk defrag or disk cleanup? How do you normally use your laptop, does it sit on a flat side where air can circulate easy? We may need to run some extra repairs/checks to make sure everything is working correctly, the last thing you need is to do a system restore but then find that fails for some reason, disastrous.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-studio-1558-laptop-freezing-and-randomly-shutting-down-or-re-starting-699469.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I purchased a HP G from one of our local stores its brand new out of the box Since getting it 250 and faulty HP Slow Battery G4 home i have had nothing but trouble with this dumb laptop its so slow I can walk outside and back by the time it boots up I have had this laptop for less than months its been slow from the get go due to this I have only used it a handful of times as it is too frustrating to use It freezes up all the time I cant even check emails nbsp I switched it on this morning and now its saying I have to replace the battery This is ridiculous I should have spent the extra bucks and got a different brand I am so disappointed with HP I have always wanted one but now I think i will just throw it in the bin and cut my losses nbsp Can anyone HP 250 G4 Slow and Battery faulty recommend what to do with this laptop do I take it back to the store I bought it from or HP 250 G4 Slow and Battery faulty do I contact HP directly its obviously still brand new and under warranty nbsp wish I stuck with Toshiba my old laptop never let me down

A:HP 250 G4 Slow and Battery faulty

You obviously got a faulty machine. Throw it in the bin-why,when you have a warranty? Call HP Support  >>Contact HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-250-G4-Slow-and-Battery-faulty/td-p/5680511
Relevancy 58.48%

hello all, I have a problem in my Dell latitude pp0x1 laptop which is like following: 1- When I press power on button, the power light LED become light ON for 3 or 4 second and return back to off state and the laptop not powering ON at all. 2- when I connect it to the Dc power the battery button wink slowly. really I am in trouble and worried of this error plz help. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-battery-light-wink-and-laptop-not-working.953342/
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently in the process of upgrading my Dell laptop the plastic cover of the CMOS battery broke off I held the battery back into the casing with a sticker tape Laptop to turn Dell on change battery. fails of My CMOS after The system worked fine until I took the laptop to work some weeks after My Dell Laptop fails to turn on after change of CMOS battery. At work I pressed the power button to turn on the laptop but it wont turn on Absolutely no sign of power to the system no power led no sound or feeling at all When I noticed some noise inside the laptop I opened it and behold the button CMOS battery was no more in place I got back home and I fixed the tiny plastic that holds the battery to the casing with a little epoxy adhesive and used the opportunity to replace a new battery After coupling the machine back the condition remained the same Any assistance from this great forum would be appreciated to be able to get my laptop up and running again Thank you all in advance The Laptop is Dell Inspiron GB RAM ghz speed processor Win installed I have no My Dell Laptop fails to turn on after change of CMOS battery. reason to suspect the power pack everything looks fine nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

My Pavilion is stuck in a loop between the faulty battery warning and the HP start up logo. It has happened since I tried to restore the laptop.I tried all the options available,none worked and this has happened since a failed attempt at restoring and deleting all files. Some help would be much appreciated.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP logo and faulty battery loop

Hi @shig1, The failure ID gave me following information: Failure ID TagGLN0R3-6S6869-MFPWXF-61SS03 ChecksumOK Test Date2016/07/19 Failure Code307 DeviceStorage IncludesFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape Drive Error MessageHard Disk 1 Optimized The hard drive is failing. Back up your personal files, and you will need a hard drive replacement.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-logo-and-faulty-battery-loop/td-p/5694611
Relevancy 58.05%

so I accidently damaged a Lipo battery when i opened my laptop to fix it. Now im not sure how i should store it to be safe from explosions. Help?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/urgent-advice-faulty-battery-4604775/
Relevancy 57.62%

my laptop battery light is flashing orange. I'm running Windows10.
I checked the battery health meter and the battery is 100% charged and the meter indicates that it is functioning normally. The laptop is only a few months old.

I saw another post that suggested rebooting the laptop with the cable unplugged. I'going to try that next.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986690
Relevancy 57.62%

Hallo I purchased a Dell Inspiron laptop months ago Approximately one month ago the laptop clock started malfunctioning Whenever I switch off battery laptop Dell too issues maintenance fast Computer time/clock and the machine for a few hours e g during nighttime when I sleep the timer shown is way ahead when I switch it on For instance if I switch my machine at pm Computer time/clock too fast Dell laptop and battery maintenance issues when I set computer clock to pm when I wake up in the morning at am the computer clock shows pm on the same day The timer moves more ahead whenever I switch it off Even after I re-set the clock the same problem will manifest itself when I switch it off Is this a software or hardware problem and how can I fix this Also I am curious concerning the best way to enable laptop battery have a longer life Should one option always connect the laptop to the main power whenever one has access to the mains power even if the battery is full or should one option fully charge the battery disconnect the laptop from main power and use the battery charge and then wait for battery power to get finished so that one can then re-charge battey using main power Which is the better option Please respond to my queries as soon as possible and I shall be infinitely grateful Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer time/clock too fast Dell laptop and battery maintenance issues

Paragraph 1. I'd say HardWare and therefore warranty !

Paragraph 2. Leave the power in with the battery in

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-time-clock-too-fast-dell-laptop-and-battery-maintenance-issues.96228/
Relevancy 57.19%

I bought this laptop in November 2015 and for the last 3/4 months have been experiencing the same couple of issues.1 - The trackpad is intermetent. This randomly stopped working while playing Football Manager, so I thought this was due to the App. This then started happening in general use meaning I have to use the mouse provided.2- The battery life drains consistently, even when switched off. I'm conscious about over charging so have never done so but still face this issue.Very dissappointed.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-does-not-hold-charge-amp-Track-pad-faulty/td-p/5836694
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm wondering if there are any recommended external extended runtime battery options for the 7710 series laptop.
I see dell now has some external add-on battery options for longer runtime for the 5510 -- the Dell Power Companion 1800 mAh
accessories.us.dell.com/.../ProductDetail.aspx
but I assume it must not have sufficient output for the 17" 7700 series.
Is there an equivalent product for the 7700 series? I'd like to add 12 hours of runtime for a location that may have a few power outages a year and wouldn't mind buying a couple or few of these devices if there were one which was compatible.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990705
Relevancy 56.76%

Can faulty heatsink cause computer to shut down within seconds of starting?

A:Faulty heatsink causing computer shut down within seconds of starting?

I'm not sure how you can have a faulty heatsink since it's essentially just a chunk of aluminum with fins. However, if it is not installed properly then yes, it could cause the problem you are seeing. The problem could be too much thermal grease or that the heatsink is not seated correctly. These kinds of problems can cause the CPU to overheat and shutdown.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220139-faulty-heatsink-causing-computer-shut-down-within-seconds-starting.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My Satellite R850 shuts down at approximately 70% of the battery capacity. It does not suspend, just power off. Power on is only possible when the AC adapter is plugged in again. My first guess is that (after only one year of daily use) the battery has had it's best time and should be replaced.

But why doesn't the battery indicator show the right capacity, so I could get a warning at low battery power?
Is there a tool or method to recalibrate the battery indicator?

A:Satellite R850 - Battery indicator faulty? How to recalibrate?

Hi

For me it shows like your battery is faulty.
Usually sooner or later every battery needs to be replaced because the battery life time is limited.
I have no idea how old your battery is but in my case the battery is 5 year old and it hold the power for about 2 min only. But the funny thing is that the battery indicator shows battery fully charged (100%).

However, you can extend the battery life time a little bit. You need to calibrate the battery from time to time by charging and discharging the battery. Such procedure should be repeated several times is the row?
But I guess that your battery malfunctions and such calibration does not help a lot.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71777-Satellite-R850-Battery-indicator-faulty-How-to-recalibrate
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently ordered the dell xps laptop from dells website whilst they were offering the discount on it around weeks ago I received Faulty Dell 13 xps the laptop after a week and within a few days noticed Faulty Dell xps 13 a few track pad bugs and glitches where the mouse would jump the screen while scrolling and move erratically I downloaded the latest Faulty Dell xps 13 bios and these issues seemed to stop occurring as frequently Because nbsp I didn t want to go through the headache of nbsp calling customer service for an issue that only came up once or twice So I ignored it whenever the issue arised and just continued weeks later ie today the computers power settings stopped working The same time this nbsp issue nbsp came up nbsp there was a crackling sound inside the computer My first thought was the speakers were acting up so I tried to test them by playing music and then I realised that the cracking was not coming from the speaker but the actual hardware it self after listening closely I think its around the touchpad area I thought the two issues were somehow connected that I somehow managed to get a virus despite installing literally next to nothing on my laptop literally just office Spotify nbsp dell drivers and a game i ve had since I got the laptop weeks ago To fix the power problems ie the display sleep and computer sleep times nbsp as it would just shut the display off after minute of inactivity regardless of the power settings I checked the forums and realised this too was a common issue someone suggested to reinstall windows and seeing as i only had Microsoft office downloaded I thought it would be fine I reset windows and managed to fix the issue However literally as soon as the computer started downloading windows again I could hear that crackling from within the computer nbsp As if that wasn t enough after re installing the track pad nbsp went back to its original erratic state nbsp Id spent atleast hours on the forums and trying to reset my computer and had gotten fed up I recalled that this computer came with year of premium support and warranty as well as the year accidental damage plan I took So I tried to find out how I could contact customer support Literally no results I searched the dell uk website for ages and no definitive email or premium support phone number I thought these people came to ur house to fix issues How can dell brag about a service it doesn t offer After searching for almost half an hour on the dell website all I came across was how to extend my warranty and the benefits of premium customer support Incase the person reading this didn t manage to understand what the problem is I will kindly summarise The touch pads behaviour is erratic at times a common issue The power settings don t work fixed through reseting the laptop There is a crackling noise coming from near the touchpad area whenever I start up my computer it lasts for around mins before going away - this is also a fairly common issue I want to find an email or number for the UK where I can use the premium on site service I have from the year nbsp premium nbsp customer service subscription nbsp Sorry for the semi- rant but I just want to get this fixed asap as I need this laptop for school and I don t have a replacement Thanks

A:Faulty Dell xps 13

Dell UK premium support:
www.dell.com/.../Dynamic

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993486
Relevancy 54.61%

My Dell laptop will charge and operate for several hours off a new 6000 MAh battery but the icon in the tray inidcates that it is always on line power. Although both the CD and floppy drive work when installed in a bay the system not indicate that they are present. I have updated the bios from Dell but that does not help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jerry

A:Dell Inspiron 3500 charges and runs on battery but cannot find battery or bay devices

Still under warranty, isn't it? Call Dell for a repair trip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3500-charges-and-runs-on-battery-but-cannot-find-battery-or-bay-devices.109068/
Relevancy 54.61%

Can someone help me with this problem So I just received 3315 15 Status at Inspiron Stuck 0% Charging, Battery Dell Idle? Battery my brand new Dell Inspiron and the battery is not charging It says it s quot Plugged In Charging quot but it never goes up and stays at At first Dell Inspiron 15 3315 Battery Stuck at 0% Charging, Battery Status Idle? I thought I just need to plug it in for several hours but it s been hours now and still the battery stays at nbsp I tried running the BIOS Diagnostics just to see if there are problems and there s none The battery status says everything is running normally and the Battery State says it s Idle I tried draining the flea power several times removing and reattaching the battery but to no avail I m getting really frustrated and I m really close to throwing this laptop back to Dell nbsp I read somewhere that I have to update the BIOS but it won t update unless the battery is charged at least Someone also suggested that Windows is causing the problem I haven t even started using this laptop and it s already giving me a ton of problems nbsp Any help would be much appreciated Thanks guys

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982101
Relevancy 54.18%

computer is days old keyboard going funny for no reason nothing loose trying to email and letters sometimes dont appear or get stuck i'll look up from typing long sentence and its missing bits does that make sense pressing the keys feels the same as normal nothing sticky yet when writing it 'sticks' or i have to type very very slowly to get a letter out sometimes it works sometimes it wont but then will give me many of the DELL faulty keyboard new same letter in a row ie repeating it depending on how many times i've pressed i phoned Dell and they suggested i turn off computer and restart-no good and then said try a different keyboard so we can work out whether its that or a software program i dont know what to do now cos my old keyboard is wireless so i obviously cant plug it in like the current one how do i do this i am only a beginner so please can you only give really simple answers with detailed explanation directions its not my computer but my husbands so i dont know how any of it was set up thankyou

A:new DELL keyboard faulty

Have spoken with DELL again-they said it played up cos it was set to both USA english and Australian English. They fixed it to USA only and it seemed to work okay for a while but then went stupid again not long after.
i phoned them back but then got cut off after 2 minutes.
They have my mobile-thought they would call back but NO they didnt.

Any one have thoughts on the problem?.
maybei justget refund ofwhole system.see this is how it ypes....

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/251601-new-dell-keyboard-faulty.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Stuck with this fresh issue from few days now reading many topics trying many things without success Getting new Dell Latitude E - Intel Core i U - GB RAM - HDD Samsung SSD PM M GB Latests drivers BIOS seconds slow Starting step - takes - SSD Laptop Windows - Windows - Dell Enterprise 7 80 FW from dell intel websites Deploying universal corporate wim image Win Enterprise On such laptop the quot Starting Windows quot step stands exactly for seconds So getting the logon screen after - seconds Deploying the same image on workstation Optiplex the same operation takes - seconds GB RAM - SSD Here are most of the information tries BIOS Legacy Boot ModeBIOS SATA AHCI ModeWindows Performance Windows 7 Enterprise - Dell Laptop - SSD - Starting Windows step slow - takes 80 seconds Analyzer show me that the smss exe process takes seconds gt here is the BootCKCL etl zip file https goo gl PvdXeg gt here is my detailed Windows Perf Analyzer MB zip GB unzipped https goo gl XHD FN Event-Log Diagnostics-Performance - Event gives me BootSmssInitTime ms boot in safe mode is very quick sec boot Windows 7 Enterprise - Dell Laptop - SSD - Starting Windows step slow - takes 80 seconds in normal mode disabling the non-Microsoft services disabling Startup application still spend sec on quot Starting Windows quot step SSD trim is enabledfsutil C not set as dirtyresizing pagefile sys from auto GB to static GBdisabling hybernation mode powercfg -h off disabling system protection shadow copy stuffremoving hidden non used devicesremoving clearing McAfee VSE soft agent performing CCleaner registry file clearing issue appear whatever BitLocker is enabled or notno other USB devices connected issue appear when USB mouse is connected or not prefetch enabled same if disabling sfc scannow not found anything wrongchkdsk found some entries to fix but not solve the delayHKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager gt BootExecute MULTI SZ autocheck autochk gt same issue even if clearedPower Strategy Performance Mode

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/831be55c-8f7e-4804-9eee-c8653f05b59b/windows-7-enterprise-dell-laptop-ssd-starting-windows-step-slow-takes-80-seconds?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi nbsp Dell i QM GHz bit Faulty screen the screen is jumping Please find the link below to look at the problem nbsp https www youtube com watch v TmlLQkBwgng amp feature youtu be It started around days ago for no reason nbsp I tried most of the things written in this forum to solve but not fixed yet It starts right from the press of power button nbsp I tried changing resolution power options driver updates for graphic card changed refresh rate settings graphics properties but none worked I have dual operating system it is present in both the OS nbsp Surprisingly this problem is not experienced on the external screen when connected but still exists on laptop screen nbsp Sorry for poor quality video as when i video capture the screen dell i7 faulty screen (jumping) the recorded video has no jumping problem strange so had to record on mobile phone nbsp This is creating a terrible eye pain any solutions for this would be of very great help nbsp Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992155
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi All,
I was diagnosing my Dell computer full of blue screens which i believe was hardware related. I decided to narrow down hard drive and memory. after testing the hard drive came out no errors and fine, after testing the memory one of my two 512 ram sticks had faults. I removed the bad one and left the other 512 stick in slot one and now for some reason the computer doesn't boot up properly. It goes to the BIOS, allows me to enter setup but after setup I get a black screen with a blinking curser at the top and stays like that, the hard drive seems to be just flashing constantly (as if loading) but doesn not seem to be loading the OS,

Anyone have any ideas what i could have done?

Relevancy 52.89%
A:Dell Warranty - Faulty Hard Drive

Good question!

First, what brand is the hard drive? Just about every manufacturer has their own diagnostic software. Go to their site and download it, and test the hard drive yourself.

Then, if you feel you should still send it in, wipe it clean first, using tools such as Eraser.

Hope this helps,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/57490-dell-warranty-faulty-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have few DELL laptops and never had any issues with them nbsp That s why I bought a new one - Inspiron Everything would be perfect except the series of issues - First - DELL touchpad and 5547 things faulty Inspiron other the laptop shut down itself randomly or when changing the screen DELL Inspiron 5547 - faulty touchpad and other things angle The technican replaced the whole motherboard and some stuff - Then the laptop worked OK except a lot of bluescreens caused by plugging in headphones a HDMI cable or other accessories Sometimes they worked sometimes they didn t The technican replaced the whole motherboard again - Then the touchpad started causing issues or I didn t notice them before because the laptop history is service and repair - my usage The touchpad sometimes gets laggy and the cursor quot jumps quot on the screen and also make fake clicks randomly when I m not even touching anything even the laptop itself Sometimes it happens when the laptop is plugged in to the charger but there is no rule it can surprise me nbsp When it works OK the gestures aren t For example I can t see any movemenent on the touchpad icon and can t scroll with two fingers BUT the touchpad is enabled as the gestures The only thing that helps with getting gestures back is restart Didn t have these problems on and Of course this time the technican visited me as well He confirmed something is not right then he replaced the touchpad with the whole upper quot case quot around the keyboard He reset the system and installed Windows and other things from the scratch He also updated the touchpad drivers Then he left after checking that it worked for seconds The second minute he left the problem was back Now I have a new and can t use it because of the faulty touchpad It works ok with the mouse but I didn t spend my money to have a broken product without a normal touchpad I tried to return it to the store wait weeks to hear that everything is OK They returned it to me I asked the technican what can I do I don t want this laptop anymore it doesn t work it was repaired many times and I want to get the whole laptop replaced to another model He said they can t do it only the seller can nbsp I m offended as I m a loyal DELL customer I have laptops including this I even have the DELL Axim x v palmtop from old times I recommend DELL to my friends but I can t get my product replaced Or even repaired Have someone experienced similar problems with this touchpad Maybe it s easy to fix Right now the laptop is useless and one thing I know for sure is if it won t be solved I won t buy and recommend another Dell ever again

A:DELL Inspiron 5547 - faulty touchpad and other things

I ended up returning it to the store I bought it from, it was faulty and unrepairable. It costed me a lot of stress and arguing, because no one wanted me to return it (even DELL).
I needed to record a video about how bad the 5547 is and after that they eventually returned my money.
It was such a painful experience for me - this DELL was 5 times in the service, I needed to argue about this what I don't enjoy, and it was painful for my business as well. I was a loyal DELL customer, but I didn't even get a response on this forum about 5547, which should be retreated from the stores by the way (it's the worsest DELL laptop ever produced).
Because of this painful support, from the money I got back from 5547 I bought a HP laptop and it was cheaper and is much better!!! Goodbye, DELL.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19680171
Relevancy 52.46%

I hv a Dell Latitude D600 with faulty thermal sensor that show constant 85celcius even just boot and the air that blown out were not even warm. The fan were always at fullspeed. It throttle down to the lowest speed(500mhz).

I did remove the heatsink n clean all dust

I did replace the thermal paste

i replace another processor to confirm that is not a faulty processor's thermal sensor

I tried to change power setting to 'Always On' and is still the same

I tried to overclock it using NHC but its still slow

Anyway that i can disable the temp throttle down?
I dont care if that overheat my laptop as if i have to use a laptop with 500mhz i rather try to cure it.
Btw this is an unused anymore,i just wanna try to fix/modify to make it fullspeed again.
Thanks for viewing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d600-faulty-thermal-sensor.176799/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,
does someone knows about this issue?
means as well te delivery for thoose ones is not possible due several Quality reasons
heard that since april16 this issue is common public at DELL?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987157
Relevancy 51.6%

A Dell customer service advisor recently suggested I buy a new battery to fix a problem with my battery not being recognised at system startup nor charging when the adapter is plugged in Despite my AC adapter being the original adapter that shipped with my computer the new battery still fails to charge I receive a message informing me that the AC adapter type cannot be recognised quickset Furthermore in what can only be described as an outrageous step this message informs me that Dell will throttle my machine quot your computer will run more slowly quot and then adapter charges Original new, Dell (a no AC battery Dell) longer battery will not charge Clearly there is an error in the adapter hardware Original Dell AC adapter no longer charges (a new, Dell) battery most likely related to the well known one wire technique for battery verification nbsp meaning it cannot be recognised by the computer I was therefore incorrectly informed to buy a new battery that neither solves the problem nor is of any use as it cannot be charged Is this how Dell treats their customers I propose two solutions which Dell could offer me Send me a new working W adapter compatible with my XPS as a gesture of goodwill following the incorrect sale of a new battery at great expense which failed to solve the problem Provide a way to circumvent the faulty charger verification process This is crucial for two reasons Firstly the adapter is the original adapter that came with my computer so to verify its authenticity is not necessary Secondly Dell has zero right non whatsoever to force consumers to use certain products through an invasive procedure that slows down a computer for which I have already paid If Dell will not provide a work around to overcome the throttling of my computer then I will demand a refund on the original value of my computer as I am no longer receiving the power that I paid for I look forward to hearing from Dell regarding this matter and from other users in the community who might have suggestions as to how to proceed to overcome this problem or engage Dell in finding a solution for customers

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989831
Relevancy 50.74%

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

A:Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/
Relevancy 50.31%

Few months back my son spilled some juice on my acer chromebook CB - -C UB The laptop is out of warranty After that incident I was not able to start it But I observed when battery is getting fully discharged then it is starting again Then battery gets changed back to and nbsp I removed the power cable and it was running on battery fine But after next shutdown with recharged battery it is not starting So I opened it and removed the battery and I was able to start it everytime with battery removed Everytime to start I had to remove and reinsert the power cable and press the start button about seconds to start it Then I put the battery back it and first time it started up immediately but once I shut it down it is not restarting I am planning to buy an aftermarket battery but not sure if battery is the problem or there may be something else going on Will appreciate any battery but not with cb3-111 starting on wh... starts advice nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/cb3-111-not-starting-with-battery-on-but-starts-when-battery/td-p/444775
Relevancy 50.31%

Few months back my son spilled some juice on my acer chromebook CB - -C UB The laptop is out of warranty After that incident I was not able to start it But I cb3-111 wh... with starting starts but on battery not observed when cb3-111 not starting with battery on but starts wh... battery is getting fully discharged then it is cb3-111 not starting with battery on but starts wh... starting again Then battery gets changed back to and nbsp I removed the power cable and it was running on battery fine But after next shutdown with recharged battery it is not starting So I opened it and removed the battery and I was able to start it cb3-111 not starting with battery on but starts wh... everytime with battery removed Everytime to start I had to remove and reinsert the power cable and press the start button about seconds to start it Then I put the battery back it and first time it started up immediately but once I shut it down it is not restarting I am planning to buy an aftermarket battery but not sure if battery is the problem or there may be something else going on Will appreciate any advice nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/cb3-111-not-starting-with-battery-on-but-starts-when-battery/td-p/444775/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 50.31%

my battery was giving 1.5 hour power backup from last 4 months... then last month it decreased to 1 hour...from couple of days it decreased to 1/5 hour(with error 'Consider replacing new battery') and yesterday i was using on battery power... and battery had 34% power remaining.. suddenly battery indicating light turns orange and pc shutdown... after that.. my pc is not charging battery... and if i run pc on battery.. it work 10 to 15 minutes ( with orange light.. and on task bar.. battery icon giving error "No battery is detected" ) and then shut down.

today i run laptop on battery power and open setup..and there was error "No battery installed" in battery info...

what happened.. can anyone tell me????

i forgot to tell you that... according to battery's LEDs.... my battery is healthy enough.. but now only 1 led is working...

A:My laptop running on BATTERY and giving error 'No battery detected'

Your battery has failed and must be replaced. They're only good for three or four years. Happens to all laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238716-my-laptop-running-battery-giving-error-no-battery-detected.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

A:compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-m2105-laptop-battery-will-not-charge-flickers-from-ac-battery.81237/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there I have Battery.. 1YearOld at battery Laptop left. 20% off powers unexpectedly an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium bits GB Ram and HDD At Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery.. the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Can someone please tell me what is causing my year-old laptop to power off for no reason at all when battery has just remaining Do I have to buy a new one or what Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery..

Hi there .. Do you have Power4Gear Installed ... If so i would look into the Settings for that could be a power plan so save Battery life ... It should also be able to tell you your Battery's Health status ... I have no idea how good this Program is could be total crap ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322529-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-battery-left-1yearold-battery.html
Relevancy 50.31%

It's so strange. Today when I turned on my laptop, suddenly, there was a message that my battery has problems so the computer might shut down suddenly. I tried different strategies, like uninstalling the battery driver, or letting the computer completely die. When it turned off itself at 6%, I turned it back on, and it was at 2 minutes battery life. Then in a few minutes, it said 4 minutes battery life for 6%. Now, it's passed an hour, and it says 3 minutes, but changes sometimes to 1-4 minutes. The battery meter is completely wrong, and I don't know what to do since it is closing the computer way too early. I'm still not sure what the problem is. Please help me.

A:Laptop Battery Meter is Completely Wrong and it says there's a problem with the battery

How long have you been using the laptop with battery? Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471577/laptop-battery-meter-is-completely-wrong-and-it-says-theres-a-problem-with-the-battery/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Benq 8000 that is as dead as a dodo.
The external power supply is fine, and testing pickups for the battery suggests there is power there, but otherwise it's dead.
I have swapped part between it and my old Sony Vaio laptop, well at least parts that are compatible, and everything seems to be working. Clearly I can't swap the mainboard and this has led me to suspect a faulty mainboard.
Trouble is I can't identify it to find a replacement. The middle of the board has the following information:

DA0PM1MB8D1 REV

and on the back

TPT MV-0
94V-0E88441

But I can't find this with a google search or a reference to what the BENQ Joybook 8000 mainboard might be.

Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I have a philips freevents laptop x model It comes with a i core duo processor My Laptop faulty gb ram gig hdd and shared memory intel display adapter My problem started a couple My faulty Laptop of weeks back when i installed MSDN version of Vista ultimate on it day tial I shut down the system My faulty Laptop it was a proper shut down but my laptop wouldnt start next morning Completely dead and none of the keys would work except for the battery charging indicator when connected to the power My faulty Laptop supply I gave it to a local computer shop who fixed it in abot days at a cost of quid But guess what i bring home the comouter and it was working perfectly fine and then i shut down and the process repeated again The service engineer at the shop says he replace a few quot resistors amp capacitors quot which i kinda find hard to believe being a electronics engineer myself albeit a really really bad one and he says the problem was caused by rapid temperature change Well i returned back my comp to the same guy to fix it again and he is supposed to return it back to me again today im wondering what to do next bring home and try another session on Vista or revert back to XP Im not sure if this issue is caused by vista or some kinda fault in my hardware I would like you guys to keep in mind that like most other computer geeks my average session on the comp last atleast to hours Suggestion and input on this matter is highly appreciated Tell me what to do guys yat nbsp

A:My faulty Laptop

I share your doubts about the "resistors and capacitors".

With amost all components being surface mount, bery little on the motherboard is "serviceable" to that extent.

But if it is new, why are you paying for service? Revert to XP and if it still persists send it back under warranty. And don't use cracked software.

Defeating the activation is a breach of the forum rules, so expect the post to be closed at any stage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-faulty-laptop.569882/
Relevancy 50.31%

My battery for the above computer has expired and needs to be replaced but I do not know who sells replacement batteries XBT9E1 or compatible ones.

A:How do I buy a battery for my Dell computer Mod. Dell DE051

I believe the replacement battery you are after is a CR2032. If in doubt take the flat battery to your electronics store and ask for the equivalent. They're not very expensive.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-do-i-buy-a-battery-for-my-dell-computer-mod-dell-de051/203262.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I am writing this as I have hopelessly tried all methods found online without success I have an XPS bought in France I move to Singapore and my original DELL AC adapter was spoiled So I went to the nearest store and bought a third party adapter Everything works out fine for a while Now my laptop won t charge "plugged 15 but - in not Battery, battery disabled Built in XPS Dell charged", anymore stuck at nbsp My laptop only turn on if it is plugged under ac adapter nbsp When I unplug the ac adapter my laptop turn off When I turn on my laptop it says quot this battery charging is temporarily disabled press F for entering BIOS Menu quot nbsp In BIOS Dell XPS 15 - Built in Battery, "plugged in but not charged", battery disabled under battery health it is said quot this battery Dell XPS 15 - Built in Battery, "plugged in but not charged", battery disabled is temporarily disabled please turn off the computer and try again when the unit is back to operational temperature quot nbsp I have this problem systematically my laptop is not heated I even bring it to a repair shop here in Singapore but they do not even have the parts to test nbsp Please help nbsp I am willing to buy a new battery or new adapter but I am not even sure if that s the problem Thank you

A:Dell XPS 15 - Built in Battery, "plugged in but not charged", battery disabled

Please list exact Dell model and version of windows. Example: Dell XPS 9550, windows 10

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963068
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Sorry for being away from posting on the forum since a long time though I have been visiting the forum lot many times without logging in - mainly through with Battery "Low after-market Studio False - Alarm" Dell battery Google search That shows how effective the website False "Low Battery Alarm" with after-market battery - Dell Studio really is Since some time a very persistent error has been bothering me and I thought it best to come here and post the issue After my original battery for my Dell Studio -bit computer False "Low Battery Alarm" with after-market battery - Dell Studio died I replaced batteries thrice one after another the computer is five years old The three replacement batteries were Dell - False "Low Battery Alarm" with after-market battery - Dell Studio exact replacement Wh LB - matching specs but Wh Dell - exact replacement Wh Since the second replacement battery the Low Battery Alarm has been disturbing me each time that The computer is restarted with the main power disconnected The main power jack is removed after a charge The main power jack is removed anytime Since in the first place I never set this alarm manually I am assuming there could either be a Dell specific registry issue with after-market batteries though I don't understand why Either way the irritant must go I checked Advanced Power Options under Power Scheme but found nothing that would give me a hint of what's wrong The alarm screenshot is attached Any help would be welcome

A:False "Low Battery Alarm" with after-market battery - Dell Studio

Rule out the OS and Drivers by downloading a Linux LiveCD and booting from that See if you get the same errors/alarms/warnings.
If you do it could be a faulty charging circuit in your laptop. Check with Dell and see if they have a battery calibration tool. Sometimes completely running the battery flat a couple of times does a "reset" kind of thing.
Sorry I can't think of anything else just now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/349284-false-low-battery-alarm-after-market-battery-dell-studio.html
Relevancy 49.88%

HP g - b us Notebook PCHere is the situation LED charge whi... battery charging battery shows and not Laptop and symptoms nbsp Battery not charging Battery icon indicates battery being charged but it sits at Have bought a replacement HP battery and that battery will not charge also it sits at which I assume is the initial charge it came with nbsp Run the HP Support Assistant and both batteries fail the test saying that cell is bad cells to have charge but cell has a reading even in the new battery Is there a problem accessing charging Laptop battery not charging and battery charge LED shows whi... cell When the battery is installed and the AC adaptor is unplugged and the laptop is turned off the battery charge LED shows a white LED red amber indicates that it is charging the battery now the only time the LED goes out is when the battery is physically removed Before the problem began the battery charge LED would be off when the battery was installed and the charger was not being used Now the battery charge LED goes off only when the battery is physically removed What I have tried Cleaned the contacts Bought a new HP battery Tried the complete discharge method of turning the laptop off removing the power cord and battery and holding the power on key for over seconds Have done safe restarts Reset to HP recommended settings Suggestions recommendations

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-battery-not-charging-and-battery-charge-LED-shows/td-p/5806061
Relevancy 49.88%

Recently I noticed that the amber LED on my HP Probook 650 G1 flashing constantly, even when the laptop is powered off.   The System Tray battery indication is 100%, fully charged, when on AC power and 100% on battery power shortly after undocking.    I find the Probook won't power up if AC power is not available (no response when pressing power button) but remains powered when I remove it from the docking station.    Have the electronics that control this LED flashing and power up when not on AC gone bad?    Is this an indication of other failure? thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-won-t-power-up-with-battery-but-battery-is-fully/td-p/5655982
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi out cuts battery power, on laptop battery good my girlfriend in Beijing has an Acer Aspire S latop She bought a new battery for it laptop cuts out on battery power, battery good a while back and told me it was no good I was in Beijing recently messing around with it and found that actually the battery is fine lasts for gt hours but when unplugged and running on battery power the laptop often just cuts out suddenly loss of power I took the battery out and had a look and cleaned all the connections but they seem fine The next part is the strange part and which I hope might give someone a clue as to what s going on When it cuts out it will never restart again unless the mains power cable is plugged back into the laptop As soon as that s done and the power button is pressed it starts up again and the cable can be taken out immediately I mean immediately - you can plug the cable in push the quot power on quot button and pull the cable back out in less than a second and it will start up and run fine on battery again until the next time it suddenly cuts out without warning Because any unsaved data is lost and because the laptop cannot restart without the power adaptor this very portable and light laptop is now reduced to having to be kept at home all the time and plugged in which is exactly the opposite of what she bought it for Anybody have any idea what the problem could be or suggest some tests that could be done to find out She took it to a local computer shop but the guys there had no idea Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-out-on-battery-power-battery-good.1164783/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys,

I have replaced the battery of my laptop after using it on AC supply for about year after my old battery died.

I get this error message.
"The AC power adapter type cannot be determined
Battery may not charge.
This problem might be solved by:
Connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher."

But I am using a 65W Dell Adapter that I got with my laptop.
BTW, I tried the steps for disc AC >> Start>>Uninstall MS ACPI >> Insert battery>> Restart. This process did not yield any favorable results.

Please help!!!
Thanks,
Nitin

A:Replaced battery on laptop, Battery not taking charge.

If you take the battery out and just use the adapter, will the laptop boot up without errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340766-replaced-battery-laptop-battery-not-taking-charge.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am becoming more and more concerned about my laptop's battery each and every passing day. When I check the bottom right of my computer screen to check if my computer battery is completely charged, it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". I have had to buy two new batteries because of the same thing and they also read "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". When I unplug my laptop from the power source, it turns off automatically. I cannot even bother calling Dell to check this issue for me because I bought this computer off the street for $35.

My question in general is how do I get this problem fixed and how do I keep an eye on how my laptop computer charges correctly (or not)???

A:General Question about laptop battery charging AND 0% battery

Some reading and testing for you

Why is my Laptop battery not charging? – Drivers.com updates

Laptop Battery Not Charging | PCWorld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcDvp2A7Fss

The common method is:
- Create a System restore point
- Uninstall (Under the Batteries category in Device Manager) the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery.
- WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
- click Scan for hardware changes

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/371230-general-question-about-laptop-battery-charging-0-battery.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
Find 14 easy ways to prolong your laptop battery life and find more Laptop, Processers, Hard Drives, Desktop PCs, Anti Virus and User computers at a good price in findnearyou.com Findnearyou.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-life-14-easy-ways-to-prolong-your-laptop-battery-life.741541/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all, I have just picked up a faulty fujitsu laptop. Amilo Li. model number ms2228
It appently was vista but someone had put windows 7 on it ... so they tell me.
they said it jsut went off one day but think they are telling porkies. anyway....

booted up to just the fujisu screen then went black screen with flashing curser top left of the screen.
I thought it was just the os needed reinstalling. I have tried to reinstall windows 7. the install starts ok & gets as far as 75% or thereabouts. but when it needs to reboot while installing the files, the reboot just starts right back at the beginning. so it seems that whenever i try to boot there is no continuation.
hope i have explained this ok. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am trying to repair a DC Power jack on a toshiba satellite The computer will not take a charge at all even from a new power cord If you wiggle the cord enough my sister says the charge light comes on very briefly once in awhile I have not seen this happen I do notice that the large center pin in the center of the DC Jack is slightly loose and wiggles back and forth Possible from the cord being tripped over I would assume that the pin should be solid and stationary in he Jack I have already disassembled the laptop down to having the motherboard on my desk with full access to the DC Jack What Jack on laptop DC Faulty I would like to ask is whether the solder joints look OK My soldering skills are amateur at best All the solder joints for the DC Jack are yellowish brown I m not sure if this is ok Posted is a picture I d appreciate any feedback i can get as to whether the whole jack should be replaced just resolder some joints or anything else you can tell me Also anyone know a really good soldering tutorial online Thanks alot in advance for the help Faulty DC Jack on laptop nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya,

I have a laptop that the display isn't working. You turn it on and the backlight comes on (at least the screen seems to light up a little) but there is no picture. I've taken it apart and there are no loose connections anywhere. I haven't got anything I can test it with so is there anyway I can check to see if it needs a new LCD/inverter/cables?

Kind regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-laptop-display.1017601/
Relevancy 49.88%

Using a Sony Vaio Laptop, VGN-FE series, running on Windows XP Media Center w/ SP2

I joined to get a little hardware help..
About half the time I use my keyboard, the 'a', 's', 'k', 'b', '.', and '/' key wont operate.

They're not sticking, they just refuse to work. The only thing I can rationalize is a conducting issue, but like I said before: they only work about half the time. Im sure the keyboard doesn't just choose to conduct at times and stop at others.

Relevancy 49.88%

My shift 9 and shift 0 are faulty.Shift plus other keys are fineCan you please help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Keys-of-the-laptop-are-faulty/td-p/5763677
Relevancy 49.88%

Using a Sony Vaio Laptop, VGN-FE series, running on Windows XP Media Center w/ SP2

I joined to get a little hardware help..
About half the time I use my keyboard, the 'a', 's', 'k', 'b', '.', and '/' key wont operate.

They're not sticking, they just refuse to work. The only thing I can rationalize is a conducting issue, but like I said before: they only work about half the time. Im sure the keyboard doesn't just choose to conduct at times and stop at others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptops-faulty-keyboard.719003/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello this will be long so please bear with me A few weeks ago on my brand Windows on freeze power. Starting battery new HP EliteBook w I noticed a strange thing happening When starting up the computer on battery power it would freeze on the Starting Windows screen On Battery power I could boot into Safe Mode and Safe Mode With Networking just fine just not normal mode I haven't installed any new hardware I narrowed it down to the fact that when I connected the AC power it would not freeze on that start screen Fine new motherboard right WRONG Replaced motherboard and right in front of the tech's eyes it did the same thing Sent it back they determined the RAM was bad I got it back and it worked for about a Starting Windows freeze on battery power. week and then bam Started happening again This morning I restarted my computer FIVE TIMES in a row on battery power and the same original issue occurred I then unplugged all USB devices and tried them one by one Keyboard checked out and then the mouse checked out just fine So for now it's booting properly but I wondered if A Has anyone else experienced this problem B Starting Windows freeze on battery power. What in sam hill could it be I called my service Starting Windows freeze on battery power. guys and they as a last resort are going to change the proc but I told them that if this is a recurring issue I think that it's just a defective computer Could be the wiring etc Who knows We have other Elitebooks and this is the only one screwing up Edit Oh yeah it's not the power supply or the battery those were eliminated early on And it's not the RAM

A:Starting Windows freeze on battery power.

no takers on this? Speculation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/75390-starting-windows-freeze-battery-power.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an old XPS Gen laptop with a Go Ultra video card that is failing with memory errors The card needs to be replaced because it either shows a black screen or lots of artifacts when I boot up into Windows The system will display fine when I boot to safe mode Laptop Video Faulty Card This means that it must be able to support some low Faulty Laptop Video Card level activity Faulty Laptop Video Card OK To get the laptop usable I ve disabled the video card and I can now use it as a word processor browser etc However it is very slow to refresh the screen in this mode I think I need to change the refresh rate Is there any simple driver that I can use for this If I re-enable the device it straight away starts to load the NVidia drivers when I restart and I can t stop it As I recall it used to be possible to use a different driver but I don t know how this is done Any help would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Faulty Laptop Video Card

The low level functions of the video card use a vga vesa driver
that does not activate the hardware accelleration.
The problems you ar e having when the driver loads indicates
bad hardware and not a driver problem.
Being as it is a 6800 go card,it is probably replacable.
It would need to be replaced with the exact same type of card,
but not necessarily the same model.
If you want to try a newer driver,you would need to uninstall the old
one from start/control panel/add remove programs.
Download a driver here.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-laptop-video-card.780794/
Relevancy 49.02%

So someone I know had me look at a laptop of theirs, an ASUS X54C laptop, which has 2 GB of non-removable RAM built into the motherboard. I used memtest86+ to check it and it immediately came back with all sorts of errors.

From the outside (minus the cover for access to the HD and RAM slots) there does not appear to be any additional RAM installed at all (the slots are empty). So I was wondering, by chance, if you add RAM into one of these slots, does the motherboard stop using the on-board RAM and switch over to the stuff you put into the slot, or does it use both the on-board and "off-board" RAM side by side?