Windows Support Forum

Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

Q: Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

I built a gaming PC and it wont connect to the monitor. Also the keyboard and mouse won't turn on.
My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 700

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

Could you please provide the specs for your build? Need to list the exact parts you used, including make and model. It makes things easier to help with diagnosing your issue or issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-own-computer-but-it-wont-connect-to-monitor.203102/
Relevancy 82.56%

If anybody could help me computer connect won't but Just to monitor built with this it d be much appreciated Just built myself a new compter everything s all set up and appears to be working fine Just built computer but won't connect to monitor but when I turn it on nothing happens monitor-wise All my fans are on I can hear the hard drive and cd drive powering on but all I get from the monitor is a quot no connection quot screen for a second before it goes into power save mode I ve gotten the monitor to work with other computers no problem and I ve tried both vga and dvi connections with mine with no success I was or tried to be careful putting it together and as far as I can tell everything s hooked up fine internally I don t get any beeps at all when I turn on and there s a little green light on both the motherboard and video card which I take to be a good sign I ve tried running it with the motherboard and whatnot hooked up outside of the case itself with the same result At this point I m afraid that something somewhere is just dead but I m not really sure if it s the gpu motherboard or processor Any input anybody could give me on this would be fantastic Here s what I ve got Hard drive Seagate Barracuda ST AS Case Linkworld - C Silver SECC SGCC The power supply came with the case which probably means it s pretty cheap but it s w and power doesn t seem to be my problem here I ve tried to get it to run with only the video card and motherboard hooked up to the power supply with no change and I recall reading something about the card to the effect that if you try and use it with insufficient power it ll give you some kind of partial display Processor Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz LGA W Dual-Core GPU XFX PVT FYDF GeForce GTX G MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Just one no SLI though the motherboard suports it as far as I m aware not sure if that matters RAM G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Motherboard ASUS P QL-E LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Again since my next move seems to be getting new gpu processor motherboard I d appreciate any help I could get nbsp

A:Just built computer but won't connect to monitor

NVIDIA recommends that you should have at least a 700 watt psu when running the 9000 series of gpu's.
Did you connect the two 6 pin (from the psu) power connectors to the card?? If not, you won't get any signal from the monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-built-computer-but-wont-connect-to-monitor.110076/
Relevancy 81.7%

I just finished building my first computer but my monitor wont get a signal from my video card. I tried removing the video card and putting it back but it still wont get a signal. The monitor light wont even turn green and stays orange

The parts are

Motherboard- ASUS M2R32-MVP
Processor- AMD Phenom 9500
RAM- Corsair XMS 2gb
Hard Drive - WD 320gb 7200
Case- Raidmax saggitarius that came with a 450w power supply.
Vid Card- X1000xl ( i know its a cheap card but only game i will be playing is Wow)

A:Just built first computer but my monitor wont get signal. Help

[email protected] the good ole HardOCP forums.

You've reseated the Video Card and memory. Have you made sure that the power supply is at the right voltage. Some come with a switch on the back of it. Make sure it's the appropriate voltage. That could be an issue, the symptoms match yours exactly actually.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-built-first-computer-but-my-monitor-wont-get-signal-help.712822/
Relevancy 81.7%

I just went with my friend to buy the parts for a custom computer I built everything for him everything powers on fine except the monitor does not turn on shows a blank black screen and has the orange quot sleep quot button lit The parts in the computer are Motherboard - ASUS Proactive ai Series A N-SLI Deluxe Hard computer, new monitor turn wont on Built Drive - Maxtor Serial ATA Hard Drive Video Card - WinFast PX GT TDH PCI Express CPU - AMD Athlon Again everything boots fine except the monitor stays black off Also the back Built new computer, monitor wont turn on of the video card does not have an VGA monitor connection It has DVI Built new computer, monitor wont turn on ports and comes with an adapter so that you can plug in the VGA type connection monitor into the DVI port The video card is connected correctly in the PCI express slot and has the power cable connected to the power supply Here is the site for the video card Leadtek WinFast PX GT TDH nbsp

A:Built new computer, monitor wont turn on

What wattage is the power supply and are ALL of the power leads to the mobo connected correctly? If the psu is only 300watts then u will probably find its not upto running such a power hungry setup. I suggest a minimum of 450watts but bigger is better, also go for the most expensive one that u can afford as cash buys quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-new-computer-monitor-wont-turn-on.28070/
Relevancy 81.7%

well I hope that subject heading was descriptive enough for all you fine folks To get down to the bones of the work. new a wont computer, Built monitor problem I just built a new computer almost from the ground up Built a new computer, monitor wont work. I salvaged only my hard drive and my processor from my old computer A WD gig and a P gHz HT respectively as the ram slots on my old motherboard decided to die That and it was kinda eh I upgraded to a NEW motherboard a BioStar TSeries P v LGA with the mHz FSB got a new case with a watt power supply new PNY DDR RAM and hooked everything up properly Alas I plug Built a new computer, monitor wont work. the monitor into my video card the board has no onboard video The card is an ATI Radeon x from the old machine and I get that little pop crackle it s a CRT that tells me it feels somthing but all it gives is the monitor test and a blinking green light when I turn the machine on It s like it s not even plugged into anything I certainly hope this isn t an issue with the motherboard I m using the risers so I know it s not grounding to the plate and it s literally brand new I AM very green on building computers though So perhaps I messed something up I can go into more detail if anyone would like Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Built a new computer, monitor wont work.

Did you install a floppy drive? That would enable you to do a basic test with the hard drive disconnected and a boot to a floppy disc.
The pop/crackle could just be the monitor receiving power.
What do you mean by "monitor test"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-a-new-computer-monitor-wont-work.75090/
Relevancy 81.7%

Sorry guys this is my first post on this website and might've put this I. The wrong topic but I really can't figure out why my computer won't connect to my monitor. (I'm a noob with computers) I've tried everything I could think of I connected an vga to HDMI (my monitor isn't up to par) a vga a Dvi, Dvi to vga and vice versa and I know that at least the dvi works because I tried it on my other 3 computers... I don't have my pic specs because I never checked when it worked before... I also tried to remove my 2 sticks of ram at the same time but not individual (I'll try that) and all LEDs work (I'm pretty sure) and all fans work plz help I can't find anything on any forms so I'm counting on you guys please help!

Bye!

A:My custom built computer won't connect to monitor!

Oh and I've tried switching my monitor to vga and dvi didn't work it still says "no signal"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-custom-built-computer-wont-connect-to-monitor.218536/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello everyone I have finally bought and image but new a an Built computer, monitor the display wont put together my new beastly computer but something is wrong I have connected everything as best I can and my uncle who built his own computer cannot find anything wrong with the way the components are connected But when I plug my moniter into the GT nothing happens I have tried three different moniters CRT and LCD and the best I can get is a quot No Signal quot image on the LCD The other two remain black Built a new computer, but the monitor wont display an image I have also tried removing and replacing the card like it says to do in theTrouble-Shooting section of the card s manual but to no avail The fans all start spinning around the LED s light up but that s about it nothing else happens The moniters all work on the other computer just fine by the way It looks very pretty and all but it isn t exactly living up to my expectations Is it normal for a PC to do this untill Built a new computer, but the monitor wont display an image the OS is installed I would appreciate any information anyone might have as well as any advice Also if anyone can post a link to a good quot How To Build A Computer quot guide for noobs I would be very grateful Classic Rock nbsp

A:Built a new computer, but the monitor wont display an image

Check your MB specs

You may want to look at your motherboard specs.
Some MB if it's SLI requires you to flip a jumper if you are running with 1 GPU if not already set by default. Also if you are running a single GPU it may also require you put the GPU in a specific PCI-E slot.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-a-new-computer-but-the-monitor-wont-display-an-image.109777/
Relevancy 73.53%

I recently bought a new mother boardwired everything up but couldnt connect to the monitor thought that it might be the motherboard so put the old one back in hooked everything back up and now the old mother board wont connect to my screen it is definatley not the monitor as i have tested this any ideas would be greatly appreciated as i am lost.!!!!!!
thanks Ryan

Relevancy 69.23%

Just custom the monitor? My PC connect won't new built to built my first PC but the moniter wont trun on and i cant acess the BIOS It s not the moniter as i used fn f on my laptop and i viewd everything fine i When i power on it all works but the moniter just stays in standby mode I turn My new custom built PC won't connect to the monitor? the power on I am using onboard graphics as my video card does not support vga ati and my moniter is old and only supports vga when i My new custom built PC won't connect to the monitor? power on i hear the Hardrive the CD drive works Graphics card fan spins the psu obviously works the green light on the mobo lights up I hear the beeps i saw the heatsink spinning I m sure the ram is in correct both in the yellow slots next to each other not one yellow and one My new custom built PC won't connect to the monitor? black The psu is w from cossair the only thing im not sure of is that the cpu is in right i remember putting it in and putting the stick next to it under the tab bit i had some trouble installing the heatsink Should i check the cpu can i do it now that the thermal pad is all over it or will i have to clean it and buy some thermal gell My cas eonly came with quot - quot screws these are the i was instructed to screw the motherboard in with i used all of the brass elevators but i just put one screw in each corner as i only had could the brass elevators with nothng in be grounding the mobo If anymore info is need juet let me know i can get photos up if needed nbsp

A:My new custom built PC won't connect to the monitor?

Try removing the graphics card since you're not using it anyway.

You can buy extra motherboard mounting screws. I always keep a variety of extra PC screw hardware since cases don't always supply enough as you discovered.

If you decide to check the CPU, you will have to clean it and reapply fresh thermal compound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-custom-built-pc-wont-connect-to-the-monitor.140238/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hope someone might be able to help figure out what I have going on. Newly built PC, my first attempt at building one. When I went to boot it up for the first time cannot get the monitor to connect to the PC. I know I should have bench tested everything prior but did not, so a mistake on my part. I have disconnected the video card, the wireless card, and got it down to only having 1 stick of RAM, monitor, and keyboard hooked up but still cannot get it to connect.

Since I cannot get the monitor to connect cannot get to BIOS or do anything, so have no operating system installed?

Hoping motherboard is not bad but not sure what else it might be? any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Newly built PC, cannot get monitor to connect

Can you get to the BIOS? Make sure the RAM is in the right slot, check the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-pc-cannot-get-monitor-to-connect.176038/
Relevancy 69.23%

Just built my first PC but the moniter wont trun on and i cant acess the BIOS It s not the custom built PC to connect the monitor? My won't new moniter as i used fn f on my laptop and i My new custom built PC won't connect to the monitor? viewd everything fine i When i power on it all works but the moniter just stays in standby mode I turn the power on I am using onboard graphics as my video card does not support vga ati and my moniter is old and only supports My new custom built PC won't connect to the monitor? vga when i power on i hear the Hardrive the CD drive works Graphics card fan spins the psu obviously works the green light on the mobo lights up I hear the beeps i saw the heatsink spinning I m sure the ram is in correct both in the yellow slots next to each other not one yellow and one black The psu is w from cossair the only thing im not sure of is that the cpu is in right i remember putting it in and putting the stick next to it under the tab bit i had some trouble installing the heatsink Should i check the cpu can i do it now that the thermal pad is all over it or will i have to clean it and buy some thermal gell My cas eonly came with quot - quot screws these are the i was instructed to screw the motherboard in with i used all of the brass elevators but i just put one screw in each corner as i only had could the brass elevators with nothng in be grounding the mobo If anymore info is need juet let me know i can get photos up if needed need me to list my parts just say so nbsp

A:My new custom built PC won't connect to the monitor?

Take the graphics card out, it's disabling the onboard video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-custom-built-pc-wont-connect-to-the-monitor.140240/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all I m new to the forums and new to the world of PC building So wont turn Monitor custom built PC on i tried building my first PC Everything seems to turn on CPU Fan Case Fans Graphics Card I unhooked DVD ROM and Hard drive just to try to get monitor on but nothing comes up also the bios does not beep when i boot up the Monitor wont turn on custom built PC PC I believe its suppost too Heres my problem the monitor is just not getting a signal Monitor wont turn on custom built PC at all when i hook it all up Heres my setup RAIDMAX HYBRID RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V Modular LED Power Supply - Retail Item N E DIAMOND Viper PE SB Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail Item N E Thermaltake CL-P Blue orb II CPU Cooler for LGA amp K - Retail Item N E GIGABYTE GA-MA -DS AM AM AMD ATX All Solid Capacitor AMD Motherboard - Retail Item N E Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM Item N E AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO CZBOX - Retail Item N E G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBPQ - Retail Item N E All items are on Newegg if you need any specs thanks for the help and I look forward to staying active in the forums when i start to add to my pc and try over clocking P Please help nbsp

A:Monitor wont turn on custom built PC

Hi

you dropped a boo boo somewhere when building it, go back to the start, read the motherboard manual and make sure any board jumpers are where they should be, sometimes they arrive with the CMOS clear jumper set to on, this will stop a PC booting, after that its back to checking the various components havent been damaged and have been fitted correctly, sometimes a spare rig is a good thing to have just to check the various parts on.
regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-turn-on-custom-built-pc.106425/
Relevancy 62.78%

I built this computer in an old tower with a CPU, put a Intel D845EPI motherboard in it with a processor already attached that a friend traded me, he said it worked. Ive got it down to the basics with just the PSU and the motherboard and some ram. The LED on the motherboard comes on when i hook power to it through either of thr 2 PSUs im trying on it, but when i hit the power switch no fans turn and nothing happens. Ive even tried a new power switch and im very sure i followed the motherboards manual on setting up the front panel correctly. Can anyone think of what it could be? wouldnt the CPU fan turn for even a second if the ram was bad? Im at a loss... Thanks!

A:Built computer wont start

blackecho please read : http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic19992.html

In all probability its a fried motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-computer-wont-start.131813/
Relevancy 62.78%

Ok guys, I've put together my first computer. When it starts up the fans go on, the lights on my 2 CD players light up but I have no beeps and get no picture. Here is what I have:

P4 2.4 gHz, 800MHZ system bus, 512K cache
DFI motherboard Ps83-8L
GEForce2 MX 400 AGP 4X/2X
DDR 512 MV PC3200 Simple 184 Pin DIMM

I'm so depressed because I've unhooked and rehooked everything up and still nothing. I'm a wee bit concerned because I originally put the processor in wrong and when absolutely nothing happened. I think reattached the heatsink, fan and processor and now the lights on my CD drives come on but still no video. What must I do?

Relevancy 62.78%

I jus built up a computer and everything starts but shuts off again instantly These are the components All bought from newegg and these are all active links ASUS P N-D LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard COOLMAX CUG- B W ATX V up computer Built start wont v EPS V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply Western Digital Caviar RE WD YD GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM EVGA -P -N -TR GeForce Built up computer wont start GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x SLI Supported Video Card Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz LGA Quad-Core Processor Model HH PH M G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Built up computer wont start Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBPQ I hooked everything up and like I said everything turns on really quick and shuts off instantly LED Lights Fans Power Supply everything But the power light on the motherboard stays on So I know its getting the power and its continual but I can t figure out whats keeping the power from running through past the mother board I ve already taken out Memory stick and the graphics card no change What could be the problem It could easily be just one cord like I said Its my first time building a PC Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

OK I quot ve tried the following Re seating the single stick wont computer built new POST?! of DIMM that I have Re seating the Video Card Re seating the ATX power connector Using a PCI graphics card Clearing CMOS all while having nothing but the CPU hs video card Stick of new built computer wont POST?! memory and mobo installed and hooked up and of course the Power Supply Checked all the jumpers I only have the CMOS and the ABR buzzer jumper its not shorted to the case I quot m using risers My parts I quot m using at this moment KT SOYO Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition AMD Athlon XP Barton mb x AGP Geforce FX P made by Albatron mb K-Byte memory mhz pc Volcano Xaser Edition Antec True w and thats all that I have hooked up at this moment So all thats left really is re seating the CPU I guess I mean I can t think of anything else to try I want another computer here so I can swap out each part and figure out what is wrong but this one I am using is to crappy to use any of them plus its a Pentium and I quot m building an AMD Ok let me state what happens I plug in the computer and the green light at the button of my SOYO KT Ultra Dragon Platinum Edition motherboard lights up showing it has power then I push the power button and turn it on and ALL the fans start spinning and it see s the CD-ROM and stuff and they work but nothing on the screen the light on the monitor is yellowish not green like the computer is not even turned one when it is and no beeps and yes the Monitor is hooked up to the Video card Then I have to hold the power button like seconds or so to get it to shut down like it is freezing up it wont let me use the reset button I mean if it was the Video card it would still Post if it was memory it would beep alot during post then probably shut down if the processor was chipped it wouldn t do anything I wouldn t think and if it was the mobo then I can understand this happening All I can think of is either the mobo is fried maybe due to when I did short the mobo to the case awhile back another long story of trying to get this thing to work wont talk bout that here or I managed to chip my cpu installing the difficult Volcano into its tight squeeze on my mobo or the CPU was shipped DOA ANY HELP would be appreciated Thx nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I just got all my packages wont New power computer built up yesterday from newegg New built computer wont power up They contained EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GTS MB GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Video Card GIGABYTE GA- P-DS LGA Intel P Express ATX Intel Motherboard G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Memory Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAKS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA Processor Model BX E SILVERSTONE SST-ST ZF ATX V amp EPS V W SLI Certified Power Supply Rosewill R AS -BK mm SECC mm Fan ATX Mid Tower Computer Case LITE-ON X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model LH- A L- ZALMAN CNPS LED mm Ball Cooling Fan with Heatsink Arctic Silver Thermal Compound So I started last night got everything wired up correctly atx power on reset sw etc and plugged it in I hit New built computer wont power up power button and it quot tries quot to start up i hear a slight movement in fans then nothing it is less than second The light on my PSU goes New built computer wont power up to red and sits there I read many places to check PSU to verify it is working I unplugged everything from PSU So I shorted green black and the PSU fans turned on and light turned green So that is allright I even tried pulling out MB from computer putting in original box plugging just MB in with one stick of ram in and does the same thing Just sits there doing nothing Light turns to red on PSU Can you think of any other tests for MB besides putting diff processor in cuz i dont have one or do you think it is DOA Thanks immortals nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I have recently built a new computer and when I turn my computer on everything seems to be running, but the monitor stays black and the LED light on the monitor stays yellow (or for other monitors blinking, you should know what I mean). How can I get my monitor to notice my computer running!

I am using...
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
PCChips Motherboard M955G
Rosewill 512 Mb RAM (Tested OK)
ExcelStor HDD 40Gb (Tested OK)
400 Watt Power Supply (Tested OK)
floppy drive
CD-Combo drive
Sapphire Radeon 9250 (Tested OK)
2 Fans + CPU Fan + Power Supply Fan (All run when turned on)

Hopefully you guys can help me out here.

A:Built computer, but black monitor!

Firsty, check the pins in the monitor plug to see if any are bent or broken. If there is no problem there, then you will need to check that the graphics card is in securely and that all other cards and ram are secure in their slots. If it still wont work, you need to check that the power supply is running properly, if you disconnect it from your mobo you can test it by shorting the GREEN wire to any of the blacks with a bit of wire. Be careful doing this as it can damage the power supply if done to often.

Let me know if you need anymore help. Rik.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-computer-but-black-monitor.26431/
Relevancy 61.92%

I just built my desktop and when i turn on my computer everything seems to be working fine. The Motherboard, GPU, Hard drive and SSD and heat sink all seem to be working. But when i connect it to a monitor it will not show. It shows a mouse on a monitor then counts down from 5 and then turns off. I tried connecting the monitor to a laptop and it works fine. Its a Samsung LS22A100N.

My computer specs are a i7 2600k, Sabertooth p67 MoBo, Patriot 12gb RAM 1600mhz, EVGA 560 TI SC, Cooler Master 1200W PSU, OCZ 40gb SSD, 1TB Seagate HDD.

My cousin thinks it may either be the MotherBoard/CPU/GPU
The motherboard has a green light at the bottom so i think its fine. Its a new CPU so there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. and idk about the GPU so i think it may be the GPU.

A:Just built computer and won't post on monitor

The motherboard may be shorting to the case. Is this your first build?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-built-computer-and-wont-post-on-monitor.173387/
Relevancy 61.92%

All computer Built detect monitor. won't right Here s the story I had an old Acer computer from about years ago Standard quot budget quot computer About two months ago i decided to upgrade I bought a tomohawk AWT power supply a GB HD graphics card and gb of DDR ram because that s all the board could take Plus i was running Vista -bit I was using a tech guy and he installed the parts himself However when Built computer won't detect monitor. i got it home my computer kept freezing up It would Built computer won't detect monitor. kick me out of starcraft and Built computer won't detect monitor. say quot driver has stopped responding and recovered quot Or something similar I took it back to him and he tried putting in another graphics card an x considerably more That took care of the problem and i was content because for the most part my computer ran starcraft okay The processor i had a ghz dual core pentium II i believe was causing minor problems Star craft would freeze in-game and then unfreeze after about seconds but i could deal About a month ago the computer started to bluescreen frequently and it started freezing in-game more often I convinced myself that i could afford new parts so i went on newegg and bought a Biostar A board a Pheom II X Ghz cpu and G of ram I received them yesterday and here s where the fun began I figured out first thing that my mid-size tower wasn t going to fit the motherboard so i called around and found a used chassis for twenty bucks I went and picked it up and then came home to install the parts Using my gb hdd dvd drive power supply and graphics card that i already owned i began to build the computer When i put it all together after about hours it wouldn t turn on Everything was plugged together but the system simply wouldn t turn on I was extremely bummed out and had no idea what to do All the troubleshooting i did led me nowhere I assumed it was a faulty switch in the case so i gave up for the night and went to sleep This morning i took apart the system and after talking to my mom decided that maybe it was a better idea to return the parts saying there were unused and just buy a new computer I talked to newegg and they say i had days to return them for a refund I then talked to the guy i bought the chassis from and he said that he would exchange the case but wouldn t give me my money back While i waited i decided to test the wiring in the case for conductivity The wiring was good so i was confused My dad offered to help me today so we put it together again Hooking everything up it turned on this time I m not positive why but i think it was due to the wiring being plugged in incorrectly Ecstatic that it was actually able to turn on now i went and grabbed my monitor keyboard and mouse to plug it in and try it out However when i plugged in the monitor it received no signal I tried switching out the graphics card and still nothing I read in the manual that the slot i was putting it into was an x slot i think so i put it into an x slot However i was still getting the same results Even with the card The fan on the processor power supply and graphics card were all running so i don t know what the problem is The first time i was putting everything in i was on carpet and i wasn t grounded yeah i know it s bad The second time i was on hardwood and was grounded But i m stumped However when i took everything out again i put the card power supply and hdd dvd drive back into my old computer I decided that the parts i had were possibly faulty and wanted to play starcraft that night But when i turned the computer on it would go to the start-up screen and then go to a black screen and an quot underscore quot would flash at the top left corner of the screen I tried doing everything and it just would not go past that So i took everything out and put it in the computer today Every tech guy i talk to is quoting me around bucks and doesn t promise that the parts will work I really can t afford that since i still don... Read more

A:Built computer won't detect monitor.

The little black line flashing is to do with it not being able to boot in to windows.

You could try downlading Vista 32bit recovery cd, if your still running vista 32bit.

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/applications/956-windows-vista-32-bit-x86-recovery-disc.html

You will need to burn the file, you download, to a cd and boot from it.
With the new motherboard etc.

Try turning it on with just one RAM stick in motherboard, sometimes you have to set the RAM setting manually in bios and the voltage might not be high enougth for two sticks, or how ever many you have.

You can find out the setting by going to RAM manufacturers website.

The graphics card should go in the X16 slot, Should be a black one on your motherboard with a white latch at one end.

What some people do is put there computer together outside of the case, to rule out any shorting out etc from inside case.

If your confident doing this be sure to do this in a static free environment.

Make sure you have plugged in the 4 pin CPU power plug in to the motherboard (top right)

Did you try reseting the cmos on the new computer aswell, with motherboard battery/jumper.

Check the CPU heatsink is properly attached and check cpu temp in bios if you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/built-computer-wont-detect-monitor.1014285/
Relevancy 61.92%

I just built this computer. All parts are brand new. When I turn it on, the monitor turns green, then back to orange. Any thoughts?

A:Built new computer but monitor won't stay on

First I need to know what are your system specs, you could use the system specs tool in your profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-new-computer-but-monitor-wont-stay-on.109094/
Relevancy 61.92%

I wanted to build a computer from scratch So I figured I d order a mess of parts from newegg and assemble - easy as pie Here s computer, new won't turn Just built monitor a on what I bought ASRock P Twins Motherboard EVGA GT LG DVD Intel Core Duo E Western Digital Just built a new computer, monitor won't turn on GB HDD G SKILL GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Linkworld ATX Mid Tower that came with some generic psu Now I m pretty sure I put everything together right The computer turns on the cpu is running dvd drive light is on the graphics card is humming and everything seems OK Just built a new computer, monitor won't turn on But I ve got a monitor plugged in and it s not working And without a monitor I have no idea if it s booting to the Vista dvd i have in the drive Can anyone help I d be glad to give more details on what I did but I m not sure what you need to know I m way over my head here nbsp

A:Just built a new computer, monitor won't turn on

I had this problem recently. Was in the same situation I think (PC turns on, fans whizzing round, lights twinkling, nothing on monitor ... also Numlock didn't work on the keyboard, and the PC pretty definitely wasn't booting up).

The answer was that I had only plugged the motherboard in once, but it needed two different power cables in different locations. I kicked myself for wasting a day so stupidly. Sorry if this is an insult to your (probably greater) intelligence, but check to make sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-built-a-new-computer-monitor-wont-turn-on.113990/
Relevancy 61.92%

hi iam building a computer for my friend and i plugged in everything got everything right.. All that good stuff . And the monitor will not show. I hear the hardrive starting and everything seems good. But when i hit the restart button a beep goes on and on. Iam wondering whether it can be the wrong ram he baught or graphics card? its really frustrating please if anybody can be any of help it would greatly be appreciated . thanks

A:new built computer monitor will not turn on!

It's not that the "monitor will not turn on", it's that the computer itself will not boot, and until it does there can be no display on the monitor from the PC.

The continuous beep you here is the motherboard telling you something is wrong. Consult the manual for an interpretation, as we have no idea what the motherboard is.

It could be a large number of possibilites, but check that everyting is plugged into its slot or socket correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-built-computer-monitor-will-not-turn-on.319132/
Relevancy 61.92%

I just built a new custom system, put it all together and the cpu fan, case fan and power supply fan is working but nothing is coming up on the monitor, does anybody have any ideas as to wat my problem may be? and how to fix it?

A:New custom built computer wont start

If there is no beeps chances are the video card is not sitting properly or you forgot to plug in a molex connector to the video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-custom-built-computer-wont-start.692966/
Relevancy 61.92%

Im trying to use dual monitors on win 7 and i have two out-puts on my video card one vga and one dvi both my monitors are vga and i have a vga to dvi adapter and have them both attached to my computer but only the vga connected one works . Ive tried switching which monitor attached directly and which attached through the adapter and only the direct connect works. what am i missing??

A:Second Monitor wont connect

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-7/how-to-setup-dual-monitors-in-windows-7/

i may well be wrong here but thinbk can only have 2xvga or 2x dvi

http://freepctech.com/pc/001/guide_dual_monitors.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/second-monitor-wont-connect.944320/
Relevancy 61.92%

Ive got this problem with my computer, it wont connect to the monitor, its plugged in firmly..
It says "no signal detected" it just done this out of no where it was connecting fine for a while and then it just wont connect now?

Any suggestions?

A:Monitor wont connect!!

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-wont-connect.1009575/
Relevancy 61.92%

I apologize for the wall of text in advance as I thought this would be the best way to solve my problem I booted it up and everything went smoothly I then proceeded to connect to my home network and enter in the correct network passcode Then it says quot The key or passphrase is incorrect Please try again quot I tried more times and nothing connect computer network. New won't to built home my I then tried to reset my router for seconds and nothing changed Then I decided to go to google to help me out and ended on my command prompt typing in stuff like New built computer won't connect to my home network. quot ipconfig all quot which gives me the information about my network I also tried to do quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot quot netsh int ipv reset New built computer won't connect to my home network. reset log quot and quot netsh int ipv reset reset log quot Then i restarted and nothing changed I had also noticed I did not have an IP address I thought if I manually connected to the network by adding in its name and passcode it would work But all I got was quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot What should I do now to connect to the internet My drivers are already updated for the network card Any suggestions All the other computers on the network are completely fine I use comcast as my internet provider I ve been trying to find a solution literally all day The computer s drivers are pretty much up to date except for quot ethernet controller quot quot pci simple communications controller quot quot sm bus controller quot and quot universal serial bus usb controller quot I m not sure if those are causing the problem Please let me know Windows Home Premium bit System Model MS- nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Alright im building a computer and when i power it up the monitor has no signal. i was wondering what it could be. The monitor works fine on my other computer and the graphics card seems to work also. i was thinking that it may be under powered but the fans are working. i also dont hear the HD spooling up

A:Newly built computer, monitor has no signal.

What are the complete specs of the system that you are building?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-computer-monitor-has-no-signal.61758/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all having some serious stress issues trying to figure this out Ok so specs first I guess i - Asrock x extreme mobo HIS Radeon Corsair w psu G Skill x gb DDR ram v- v Ok now I ve tried just about everything I can think of and lastly it s looking like RMA but I really hope it s just some minor oversight causing all this mess I ve plugged in v amp pin connector to mobo I ve cleared the CMOS I ve tried different video cards both DVI slots on em I tried HDMI on the card that allowed it W different monitors as well I have the mobo mounting pins in I can newly built computer not Monitor on, turning t see any place the mobo could have a grounding problem i e touching the case Any ideas I ve been racking my brain with this for hours Everything turns on fans run front panel works HD light comes on everything but the monitor I can t check for beeps no internal speaker I ve Monitor not turning on, newly built computer mounted the RAM in a few different ways using all sticks alone I just took off the battery letting it sit out for now Please help nbsp

A:Monitor not turning on, newly built computer

Pull the motherboard out of the case and run it on an insulated pad. See if it boots up normally on the monitor. If not, the motherboard or CPU is defective... ASrock

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-turning-on-newly-built-computer.135636/
Relevancy 61.49%

just built a new computer, my first time from scratch... heres what i got

160 gig western digital HD
16 bit soundcard
Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Socket 775 Motherboard
4GB DDR2 PC5300 SO-DIMM KIT
Intel® Core? 2 Duo E7200 - BX80571E7200
SATA DVR-2910A5PK DVD-/+RW Drive
BFG 8400GS PCI-E 512MB Video Card
Rhino Panther 450W ATX Power Supply

i plugged it all in, got it to turn on... everything SEEMS to be working fine... but my monitor still has a window that says

"no display"

can anyone help?

A:Built computer- first time- no monitor display

Are you really using a 4GB DDR2 PC5300 SO-DIMM KIT? That is for laptops. You should be using 240 pin SDRAM DDR2 667. Also, remove the soundcard for the time being. It can conflict with the onboard sound until you have a chance to disable the onboard sound in the BIOS later.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-computer-first-time-no-monitor-display.112039/
Relevancy 61.49%

ok so i just built a new computer and got everything up and running i installed nero and went to burn a dvd it kept giving me a error over and over and killing my dvd's but i did a repair on nero program and it burned dvd and then went burn wont dvd's newly built [SOLVED] computer back [SOLVED] newly built computer wont burn dvd's to giving me this error and giving me a log file but sometimes it dont even give a error the burning just stops and it goes back to the main control panel [SOLVED] newly built computer wont burn dvd's in nero smartstart i have tried uninstalling and re installing the program but didnt work i have checked my firmware on my dvd drive and its up to date anyone able to give me a clue on why it would do this here is the log file ExpressUI Log restarted Date ExpressUI Running Nero Vision Version ExpressUI Burn process started by user ExpressUI Destination PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D ExpressUI Directory for temporary files C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp ExpressUI Available [SOLVED] newly built computer wont burn dvd's hard disk space for temporary files MB ExpressUI ------ lt Nero Vision Project Information gt -------- ExpressUI --- Project type DVD-Video ExpressUI --- Project video options --- ExpressUI Video mode NTSC ExpressUI Aspect ratio Automatic ExpressUI Quality Automatic fit to disc kbit s ExpressUI Resolution Automatic ExpressUI Sample format Automatic ExpressUI Video format MPEG- ExpressUI Audio format Automatic ExpressUI Encoding mode Fast Encoding -Pass ExpressUI Nero SmartEncoding Automatic ExpressUI --- Project space information --- ExpressUI Media type DVD bytes maximum capacity ExpressUI Total space used out of GB Quality Good ExpressUI Space used for menus out of MB ExpressUI --- Project contents --- ExpressUI Audio format Automatic ExpressUI Sample format Automatic ExpressUI Encoding mode Fast Encoding -Pass ExpressUI Nero SmartEncoding Automatic ExpressUI Number of titles ExpressUI Unknown DVDRip XviD-MAXSPEED TORRENTZ FREE DOWNLOAD Video Title h m s ExpressUI - Video mode NTSC ExpressUI - Aspect ratio ExpressUI - Quality Custom kbit s ExpressUI - Resolution x CCIR- D ExpressUI - Sample format Progressive ExpressUI - Video format MPEG- ExpressUI - Audio format Dolby Digital AC- ExpressUI - Encoding mode Fast Encoding -Pass ExpressUI - Audio SmartEncoding ratio ExpressUI - Video SmartEncoding ratio ExpressUI Number of menus ExpressUI - Main menu page ExpressUI -------- lt End of Project Information gt ---------- ExpressUI ------Recording Parameters------ ExpressUI Book Type ExpressUI Destination Device PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D Capabilities A ExpressUI Recording Flags ExpressUI Recording Speed ExpressUI Volume Name DVD ExpressUI Burn-at-once flag ExpressUI Fast Update allowed ExpressUI --End of recording parameters--- NeroVision DVD-Video files sorted NeroVision Can only write at x KB s instead of x KB s to current disc NeroVision Caching of files started NeroVision Caching of files completed NeroVision Speed measurement started DVDEngine BEGIN VMGM VOBS - Write DVDEngine RBP count bytes DVDEngine succeeded DVDEngine END VMGM VOBS - Write DVDEngine BEGIN VTSTT VOBS - Write DVDEngine RBP count bytes DVDEngine succeeded DVDEngine END VTSTT VOBS - Write DVDEngine BEGIN VTSTT VOBS - Write DVDEngine RBP count bytes DVDEngine succeeded DVDEngine END VTSTT VOBS - Write DVDEngine BEGIN VTSTT VOBS - Write DVDEngine RBP count bytes DVDEngine succeeded DVDEngine END VTSTT VOBS - Write DVDEngine BEGIN VTSTT VOBS - Write DVDEngine RBP count bytes DVDEngine succeeded DVDEngine END VTSTT VOBS - Write DVDEngine BEGIN VTSTT VOBS - Write DVDEngine RBP count bytes DVDEngine succeeded DVDEngine END VTSTT VOBS - Write NeroVision Speed measurement completed x KB s NeroVision Burn process started at x KB s DVDEngine BEGIN VMGM VOBS - Write DVDEngine RBP count bytes DVDEngine succeeded DVDEngine END VMGM VOBS - Write DVDEngine BEGIN VTSTT VOBS - Write DVDEngine RBP count bytes NeroVision Power calibration error NeroVision D ... Read more

A:[SOLVED] newly built computer wont burn dvd's

Hi john676,

Quote:

[11:44:02] ExpressUI Number of titles: 1
[11:44:02] ExpressUI 1. Unknown (2011) DVDRip XviD-MAXSPEED TORRENTZ FREE DOWNLOAD (Video Title, 1h 48m 33s)

We are unable to assist with torrents or piracy. Please read the Tech Support Forum Rules & Conduct.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-newly-built-computer-wont-burn-dvds-580426.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys,

So ive been having problems. thats an under statement! I built this computer to play WOW, but it kept freezing! So I have stripped my computer down to the motheroard, CPU with cooler, 2 system fans, and one stick of memory. I then turn on the motherboard. All the fans run which is good. My mobo has an on-board led indicator. These 2 led lights indicate system power on diagnostics. Any how, led 1 is on, but led 2 is off. In the manual this indicates memory error. I tried my other stick of memory. And I tried it in different spots. Same result. Is it that the memory is bad? Or is it a bad mob? Am I troubleshooting my computer correctly? Does the HDD need to plugged in as well?

MOBO: Biostar TP45 HP
CPU: E5200 pentium dual-core 2.5
Memory: OCZ DDR2 800

Relevancy 61.06%

I built a computer with an SSD, and a hard drive, so I decided to boot my OS onto my SSD so that it would boot faster. I did that, and now that I have my computer working, I need to find a way to connect my hard drive. It is manually connected with both cables from the power supply and the motherboard, and shows up in the BIOS. Whenever I go to windows, the computer says that I only have 3 drives, and optic, boot drive (my SSD), and another hard drive that only has 300 megabits. I go back to the BIOS to see how much space my hard drive (I know that it should me 1 terabytes) has. It has 1 terabyte.
Thanks in advance

A:I recently built a computer, and I cannot connect the hard drive.

Originally Posted by asadlittlespud

I built a computer with an SSD, and a hard drive, so I decided to boot my OS onto my SSD so that it would boot faster. I did that, and now that I have my computer working, I need to find a way to connect my hard drive. It is manually connected with both cables from the power supply and the motherboard, and shows up in the BIOS. Whenever I go to windows, the computer says that I only have 3 drives, and optic, boot drive (my SSD), and another hard drive that only has 300 megabits. I go back to the BIOS to see how much space my hard drive (I know that it should me 1 terabytes) has. It has 1 terabyte.
Thanks in advance

The "another hard drive that only has 300 megabits" most likely is Mega Bytes, 300MB, not bits. 8 bits = 1 Byte. The long-standing significance is b = bits and B = Bytes.
Did you look in Computer Management, Disk management section to see if the 1TB drive is seen and has any partitions? If the 1TB is not new the 300MB would be quite normal but you should also have a larger partition. If you don't you can create and format it there then assign a drive letter before it can be seen in File Explorer [renamed from Windows Explorer].

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/40810-i-recently-built-computer-i-cannot-connect-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Last December I purchased a HP Pavilion desktop and LG monitor. At first they worked fine but after taking a couple breaks from using the computer an issue popped up where the monitor would say something about dsub not receiving a signal and would go into sleep mode. I've tried shutting them down and letting the power drain out and reconnecting everything, I've tried a different monitor and a different cord. I've even tried re-seating the RAM to no avail. I don't know much about computers and I need help D:

Relevancy 60.63%

Just ordered and built a computer for the first time in my life Motherboard ASUS M A TD-M USB AMD G Motherboard CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Quad Core Processor RAM Corsair GB DDR RAM Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB Case Thermaltake V Black Edition Mid Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master for Built a first new time, a get monitor doesn't signal computer GX Series W Monitor Asus VH D quot Widescreen HD LED Monitor Assembled everything to the best of my ability Everything screwed into hopefully the right places Power supply is connected Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal twice to the motherboard once to the graphics card and once to the hard drive Hard drive is connected to the motherboard All the wires from the case have been plugged Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal into the motherboard Connected the computer to my monitor and turned the computer on My graphics card CPU case and power supply fans all started running LED lights all turn on No beeps were heard and the little motherboard speaker has been plugged in And my monitor doesn t get a signal Anyone know what the problem could be I just bought everything new so I doubt Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal its a hardware issue Have I missed something I should have plugged in somewhere Also I ve tried putting my stick of RAM into each of the different slots and it hasn t worked for any of them nbsp

A:Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal

Power supply is connected twice to the motherboard, once to the graphics card, and once to the hard drive.Click to expand...

There are more connections than that. What about the 24 pin main motherboard power connection and the 4 pin CPU power connector?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-a-new-computer-for-first-time-monitor-doesnt-get-a-signal.169533/
Relevancy 60.63%

Here are some things I ve noted It worked just fine on ANOTHER monitor I just received a new NO built display on newly but turns monitor computer on CPU heatsink and installed that Now tried to start up on a DIFFERENT monitor and will newly built computer turns on but NO display on monitor not get a newly built computer turns on but NO display on monitor display although the fans are all on The output is through DVI and my video card only has DVI outputs so newly built computer turns on but NO display on monitor I cannot test with analog I tried reseating the video card and that doesn t seem to help I really doubt its the monitor because I have another computer just used to connect to it using the same DVI cable and it works fine Basically the only thing I ve done is install this new heatsink One thing I did note is that this heatsink comes with a quot backplate quot that allows you to screw the heatsink in instead of using the crappy pushpins that are now standard for intel boards The quot backplate quot has some double sided very strong tape and I placed it on the back of the motherboard as instructions noted I noticed that the sticky part touched pins on the bottom of the board - Maybe the sticky tape was conducting electricity somehow But then I thought - well then the computer would just short out and shut off I m stumped appreciate any help thanks nbsp

A:newly built computer turns on but NO display on monitor

i'm very concerned now... I tried connecting to the monitor using the VGA-DVI adapter supplied with my video card... still no display.

Also I've noticed that my usb keyboard and mouse are not getting powered when the computer is turned on.

ALSO, if I push my power button, the computer is not shutting down like it normally should ( I have to hold it down for ten seconds to force it to shut off).

has something happened to the motherboard? Could the backplate that I put on for the heatsink really be causing this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-built-computer-turns-on-but-no-display-on-monitor.760411/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey all, Newbie here. Glad to be a member finally!

Well I have a question, it's probably really simple that i'm not thinking of but you all know how that goes. Anyway, I've just completed building my PC, and I power on, and nothing displays on the monitor not even the BIOS. The motherboard I'm using doesn't have onboard video, so i installed an e-GeForce 7600GS PCI-E (i'm thinking this is causing the conflict). What should I do/try? Thanks in advance and i hope to hear from you very soon!

Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

A:Nothing displays on the monitor not even the BIOS on newly built computer.

Look at my post below in my signature and tell us your power supply wattage and # of amps on the +12V rail.

BTW, Welcome :wave: !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nothing-displays-on-the-monitor-not-even-the-bios-on-newly-built-computer.71299/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all I m new to building computers and new to bios? etc computer, monitor/ram/no Newly problems built having this forum I had bought all my parts in a day and had a friend of mine Newly built computer, having monitor/ram/no bios? etc problems install built the computer for me but I ve been having quite alot of problems with the computer itself On bootup it writes that it doesn t have any BIOS installed so I Newly built computer, having monitor/ram/no bios? etc problems was wondering if I just install the flash bios thing automatically or do I have to read the guidelines carefully The monitor dies out randomly everytime I boot up my computer the monitor goes black and the power light blinks It s weird but when I try getting into geocities to signup to upload a picture on my wattage thing I ll be writing up more details later about the wattage it shuts off or when I screw around in World of Warcraft it dies out after awhile mins When it dies while in WoW there s a message on screen showing quot Sync Out of Range quot I have already set my Power options gt power scheme always on and turned off hibernation I have installed some MSI programs and one of them showed something strange PC Alert showed that my wattage v was in red numbers and some of the fan numbers were So I believe it might be something wrong with the wattage voltage settings My ram the corsair doesn t show up as on my computer but Is it some type of defect or do I have to do something in BIOS because I ve looked all over my bios and couldn t figure it out The Power Supply that I m using currently is a Silverstone watt Low Acoustic Not sure but maybe this has somehing to do with my current problems The rest of my computer specs are in my profile hoping this may help At the end of the road I ll be giving the retailers a try in fixing my computer before my return exchange time ends hopefully it won t cost too much Thanks to who ever posts productive information Jaeh nbsp

A:Newly built computer, having monitor/ram/no bios? etc problems

fan problems

dude, i think you have problems with your fan, if the system info said that your fan speeds were at 0, then they werent working, or they were running below the required fan thresh hold. which would explain that when you go and play WoW it uses up a lot of ur cpu power, which heats it up, and above the thresh hold which cuts out your computer. so what you need to do is reposition your fan/fans. ie turn them clockwise or anticlockwise, until they work properly. also if your screen is going blank at a different time, with blinking power lights.(not at the same time as cutting out in Wow) then it may be a bios problem... try the fan/fans first, and then get back to us...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-computer-having-monitor-ram-no-bios-etc-problems.21487/
Relevancy 60.63%

I built wont and downloaded I i a computer work but 7 it windows Solved: built a computer and then went to download windows and Solved: I built a computer and i downloaded windows 7 but it wont work it downloads it restarts then acts like it wasnt downloaded what do i do i was downloading windows and it came up asked me what HDD to download on it i told it which one then it downloaded windows then it restarts and comes back up and wants me to select a HDD to download windows on so i thought mabe it just derped the first time and so i redownloaded it I go to redownload it and it s already taken space for the old windows meaning it obviously did something and i popes up with a msg telling me that there is already a version of windows installed on that HDD and if Solved: I built a computer and i downloaded windows 7 but it wont work i continue it will take the old windows and put it in a file call windows old so i continued and i did this several times changing some settings in the bios every time hoping something would work last night my uncle said that after i download it try switching my boot order so that my HDD with windows on it is first in stead of the optical drive with windows boot disk and that mabe it did download but it was kept going strait to the windows disk instead of checking the HDD so i tried and it but it did the same thing nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I turn my OptiPlex on and I have the vga connected to the monitor and everything but it wont display on the monitor, its not the monitor because I tried to use it on my dell OptiPlex 745 but I have that blue screen thing and I cant use it. Can anyone help me please? (

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990731
Relevancy 59.77%

Help!, i just bought a new emachine el1358-ew20p and when i tried plugging it into my acer p206hv it says no signal. I reconnected it and i know that the monitor is working fine, but i also tried plugging it into my tv, also no signal, what can i do?

A:My brand new emachine wont connect to my acer monitor!

Does you computer have more than 1 video port. It is possible that you are connecting to the wrong one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-brand-new-emachine-wont-connect-to-my-acer-monitor.1034772/
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently built a computer yet it doesn't send any signal to the monitor when I boot it for the very first time. The light on the monitor is yellow, not green and I'm sure that the monitor works. I've also tested on another monitor and still nothing. I also tested on both the motherboard and the video card RGB slot.

The build is:
ECS G31T-M7 motherboard
Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz - BX80571E5200
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W - OCZ600MXSP
OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 - OCZ2N800SR4GK
GIGABYTE GeForce 9500 - GTGV-N95TD3-512I
Western Digital Caviar Green 750GB SATA - WD7500AADS

As for the case, it's an old soyo mid-tower case.

Would it be a faulty motherboard?

Relevancy 59.34%

My Dell PC doesn't boot up. I turn it on and the green power light is on. The monitor I use doesn't respond nothing pops up like it should. The tower beeps at me after a short amount of time. Typically in this kind of case I would think the MB is messed up but I dont know for sure. It would be great to hear some feedback. Thank you

A:Optiplex 755 wont boot up, beeps, doesn't connect to monitor

That beeping is an error code, theres also diagnostic lights that Dell uses, see here: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/op755/en/UG/HTML/trouble.htm#wp1302445

In most cases the issue is with the RAM or video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/optiplex-755-wont-boot-up-beeps-doesnt-connect-to-monitor.1071750/
Relevancy 58.91%

Going crazy...please help.

I built my new computer tonight, however it won't start. There is power to the motherboard, because I can hear and see the fans when I turn it on, however the CPU fan doesn't move. It initially spins a rotation or two and that is it. It (fan on CPU) does the same thing when I power it off, just a initial spin but doesn't move. Any ideas...I would be so grateful. Here are my system specs (all bought from Newegg)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
Rosewill RP550-2 ATX12V v2.01 550W Power Supply
4stick of - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
APEVIA X-JUPITER-JR G-Type X-JPJGT-BK Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Thanks so much!

A:Built new computer, normal fans work, but CPU fan doesn't spin, board wont power

Sounds like a power supply problem, or a error in connecting a cable. Thus the shot spin of the cpu fan. But usually you just missed something too obvious to think about.
Reseat all cables. Reseat all memory modules. Then try it with one or two memory modules at a time. Then switch to the others.
Check your CPU for proper seating, and possible bent pin.
When no longer frustrated, think through everything you have done in the setup, even the heat sink and thermal paste.
We have all gone through this. We know has exasperated you must feel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-new-computer-normal-fans-work-but-cpu-fan-doesnt-spin-board-wont-power.98186/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an HP laptop and I have been running it with dual monitors I finally decided to upgrade to Windows and after I installed it I noticed that the built in monitor of my laptop looked strange and when I opened the display settings to change the screen resolution and set the external monitor as a separate monitor rather than a mirror I noticed that only one monitor was detected and it was the external one Generic non-pnp monitor on standard my it Reading were - In monitor. external Built as if Laptop Issues Monitor Monitor VGA graphics adapter and the built in monitor does NOT show up at all I ve tried the detection button in hopes that the computer would read the built in monitor and I could fix the problem This did not help I tried unplugging replugging the external monitor to no avail I tried restarting without the external monitor plugged in and it STILL reads the built in monitor as if it is the external one Is there anyway to fix this I have not tried re-installing the OS not yet anyways Any suggestions nbsp

A:Monitor Issues - Laptop Reading Built In Monitor as if it were my external monitor.

Only thing I can think of is to disconnnect the external monitor, uninstall any monitors listed and then reboot and hope the computer installs the correct drivers for the laptop monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-issues-laptop-reading-built-in-monitor-as-if-it-were-my-external-monitor.899772/
Relevancy 55.04%

My computer recently had a bad infection so i used a few different programs to try and clean it one being spywareterminator and the other trend mirco internet secruity i did both scans removed whatever they both found which was about viruses then today my computer had the BLUE SCREEN of death and COMPUTER WONT CONNECT said it needed to be restarted so long story short COMPUTER WONT CONNECT i restart and now my wireless wont connect i dont know why and everytime i try to create a new profile it says an error has occured and the new profile cant be change saved and then i heard about hi jack this and i did the scan im typing from another comp with internet access and i got this log can someone please tell me if this will help me if not what willl Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform COMPUTER WONT CONNECT Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system CSHelper exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Spyware Terminator SpywareTerminatorShield exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spyware Terminator SpywareTerminatorUpdate exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe rundll exe tapi nfo beforeglavO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO C WINDOWS system hs f uhduhfukde dll - BD A - F - AD-F E - AAC CAA - C WINDOWS system hs f uhduhfukde dllO - Toolbar amp Crawler Toolbar - B EA- - DC -A FC- F D - C PROGRA Crawler ctbr dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run SpywareTerminator quot C Program Files Spyware Terminator SpywareTerminatorShield exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run AdobeUpdater C Pr... Read more

A:COMPUTER WONT CONNECT

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248399/computer-wont-connect/
Relevancy 55.04%

guys

this is doing my head in <replaced by Moderator - ETAF> now!

Got a sky hub, its new and everything connects to it, all be it but one tower, it can find it and now and again it may conect with no or limited etc etc

had the same problem with our last internet hub (BT) so its defo the computer as we also changed the Netgear USB adapter to a different tower unit and it connected, so it isnt the Sky hub and it isnt the wireless dongle.

computer is running vista, i have disabled the security and it didnt work, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the software for the usb dongle a hundred times.

it did once connect to the net this morning in my many attempts of fiddling and after the computer restarted it wont anymore.
a medium strength moderately priced pint of your choice is the reward, subject to location and availability

Relevancy 54.18%
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey so heres the problem: i have a reletively old-ish toshiba with xp, and for some reason, it all of a sudden stopped connecting to our wifi. But when i reconnect it, it shows full connectivity on the list of wifis to connect to, but on the bottom tab, it shows "limited or no connectivity" and i cant connect to the internet. btw i am really bad with computer talk so please keep responces short and sweet!

A:Computer wont connect to internet!!!!! Help!!!

Hi, did you input your user name and PW correctly? Please check it 1st.And you can ensure whether your Toshiba get the IP Address and DNS Address with the method below:
Please click Start->Run...->input cmd->ipconfig/all
If you have them, you can D-click Local Area Connection, and then choose Properties->Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) ->Properties, PLZ choose Obtain an IP address automatically, so did the DNS server Address auto to have a try.
Greetings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-connect-to-internet-help.968530/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a 4th gen ipod and I try to connect it to the computer but the computer says that it doesnt reconize it and its malfunctioned. Ive had it for almost a year now and has been working fine up until now. I also recently had to update itunes..could that have made it stop working? Please help..

Relevancy 54.18%

I have some spyware or a virus on my PC and to the Computer connect internet wont cant seem to totally clean it I have installed SpyBot S amp D Spyware DR Adaware and cleanup all that was found I also installed AVG virus scanner with the latest virus list and was able to clean what it found as well However I am still not able to connect to the internet I have checked my hosts file and all looks good I ran Hijack this and here is my log file I am usually able to do this on my own but I havent had an infection in years and am afraid that this one is beyond what I can handle Any help would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Computer wont connect to the internet WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Computer wont connect to the internet system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Agnitum Outpost Firewall outpost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin OProtSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Common Files TiVo Shared Transfer TiVoTransfer exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C Program Files TiVo Desktop TiVoNotify exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe c WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system slrundll exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - c c-e - a -a ac-b a e d - no file O - BHO no name - a dc- dd - b - f -a f b cb b f - C WINDOWS ctwbkvoh dll O - BHO BatBHO - F B-C - -A AA- EC EC - C Program Files Bat Bat dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - ffff - - a-a c - b f fb - no file O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run... Read more

A:Computer wont connect to the internet

I also forgot to mention that when I do an IPCONFIG my address is listed as 169.254.139.156 so something is setting it but I dont know how. Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-wont-connect-to-the-internet-242694.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, for the last few weeks i have not been able to fully download files from the internet. By this i mean i download the main file i.e. Skype. But it will not let me connect to the internet. I am connected using an ethernet cable and i feel my settings on my pc may have been changed Any help is accepted thank you :3

A:My Computer Wont Connect To The Internet

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Can you download and run Malwarebytes?
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ma..._anti_malware/

Uncheck the trial offer near the end of the installation process.
If it fails to download/run, then please try using Interent Explorer (IE).
If need be, reset IE:
Internet Explorer - Reset
What antivirus software are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322957-my-computer-wont-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 54.18%

i have a computer running xp that shows its connected to the internet through a wired connection but if i try to use internet explorer or an instant messaging service it wont connect internet computer wont to work i have other computers running vista and running linux and they both connect without a problem i tried connecting to the internet on the computer with computer wont connect to internet different ethernet cards and both didnt work i looked in some of the other threads and told me to type cmd in run then type ping quot quot i computer wont connect to internet did this and it said it recieved all of the packets it sent could this be a virus problem or what i also tried winsocket fix with no prevail also thought this might help i typed in ipconfig all in cmd and got this Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dinningroom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -D - - -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Sunday March PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethe rnet NIC Physical Address - -BD- - - nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I had a few problems with my laptop then i fixed them I now have some problems with the main computer It wont allow me to connect to the internet at all All i get is that it s not connected to the internet The Ethernet cable is plugged in and as i couldn t fix my laptop i have a Ethernet cable to the laptop too it still says it s Main connect!!! wont computer not working I have tried switching the cables over to see if it would work that way but it wont The computer is Windows XP and it has Zonealarm as it s security and firewall I have tried everything i know but i can t do it I have gone into the command propt and typed Ipconfig release then ipconfig renew then exit It worked for a little bit on Windows live messenger last night but today nothing will work Can anyone help me Main computer wont connect!!! please It would be much appreciated Thank you very muchly nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I'm not sure if this is where this post belongs or not if not please excuse me I have an older computer still very reliable though Connect Internet? To Computer Wont that I use for browsing the Internet It is a Compaq with an AMD Athlon Processor GHz MB of Ram with Windows XP Service PAck I always kept it updated Computer Wont Connect To Internet? and all the spyware virus software updated as well as run scans frequently and have not had any serious problems with it Well I let the computer sit without going on line for maybe a month Once I signed online the first thing I did was update all spyware virus Computer Wont Connect To Internet? software and then run them The computer was used the next couple of days with no problems and then the next day it wouldn't sign on no matter what I tried It has been like this for over a week now I tried uninstalling AOL and reinstalling it Tested the modem and it checks out fine Uninstalling and reinstalling the modem Plus much much more I have tried everything that I can think of with no luck at all The modem dials and goes through all its usuall regular sounds but will not connect Can anybody Please help me figure out what's going on Any help will be Greatly Appreciated Thank You

A:Computer Wont Connect To Internet?

Hi LCE, I was having connectivity issues not long ago and your symptoms sound alot like mine had been. Have you called your ISP? In order to rule out problems on your ISP's end, you should call them and talk to their support team. When this was happening to me, my ISP's support team determined that the problem was with my phone line. And in my case they were correct. If you find that there is no problem with your ISP, you can call your phone company and request a "Digital Voice Quality Test". By law the phone company must garruntee a certain connection speed and if you request the quality test, they are obligated to run the test at no charge to you. Ask your ISP for help. I'm not saying that this will solve your problem, but it can help to rule out certain things. Good luck!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157798/computer-wont-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 54.18%

I went to radio shack and bought a headset. now when i plugged it into my computer, i can hear fine from the earphones, but the mic doesnt do anything. is there anything i must do to activate them? or did i get ripped off?

A:Computer wont connect to microphone

have you set the microphone volume

control panel > sounds and audio devices > audio

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-connect-to-microphone.644889/
Relevancy 54.18%

Please help me. My computer won't connect to my internet. It is connecting just fine to someone elses. I have a wireless modum that is working just fine. And it shows my internet name but it will not let me connect. Now it says thatthe settings saved for the network do not match the network. I am totally lost. It worked just fine 2 days ago. And then BAM it is going to give me fits. Thanks!

A:My computer wont connect to MY internet.

Are you hardwire connected to the wireless modem or are you connecting via wireless? What is your OS, pc type, and what is the brand and model name of your modem? Is it a modem or router?

Do a ipconfig /all

and post all the results back here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-computer-wont-connect-to-my-internet-455378.html
Relevancy 54.18%

i have the router connected but it drops the signal and it wont let me on the internet i ust got the computer and its not connecting to the router and the internet

Relevancy 54.18%

computer wont turn on when i connect my HDD

when i connect my Barracuda 7200.7, 120 gig hard disk and try and turn my computer on nothing will happen. i have tested it one three more computers and it does the same thing.

A:computer wont turn of when i connect my HDD

could it be wrongly set jumpers mate?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-turn-of-when-i-connect-my-hdd.58300/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi this is my first post and I really hope someone could help me fix my problem My computer will Please help, wont connect computer the to my internet. not connect to the internet it was working fine then all of the sudden disconnected I have tried all the basic things like restarting the modem Please help, my computer wont connect to the internet. and using a different Ethernet but none of those worked so I am convinced that the problem is with the computer itself I have it set up so that my netbook which I am using right now is wirelessly connected to the internet and I have a ethernet cable going from the netbook to my desktop giving the desktop internet until it had this connection problem I am using windows xp professional and I have spent a lot of time browsing to try and fix the problem but so far it is to no avail First I ll start by saying when i try to repair the connection it comes up with the message quot the following steps of the repair operation failed renewing the IP address quot I tried using ipconfig release then ipconfig renew but when I do this it says quot an error occured while renewing interface local area connection unable to contact you DHCP server request has timed out quot when I type in quot ipcofig quot it says my IP address is xxx xx after researching more i found out that this is bad but when i try to renew to get rid of it it gives me the quot unable to contact DHCP quot message I even tried reformatting with a different windows disc but the connection problem still persists Any help would be appreciated as without internet connection my desktop is next to useless to me Thanks a lot Travis nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

but of course it was working fine yesterday. I have a network with 2 desktops and my laptop. They were all working fine, sharing files, printers and what not. But then all of a sudden I couldnt see the laptop from the other 2 computers, and nor could the laptop get on the network....the other 2 desktops can still see each other fine and can still share files...so it seems like there is something wrong on the laptop. From the desktop, when I click "View Workgroup Computers" the laptop IS LISTED there, but when I click on it, it gives me the error \\XXXX is not accessible. You might not have permission..." blah blah blah

I only thing I did from the time it was working till I noticed it wasnt was update windows and fully installed Trend Micro PC-Cillin......it still have internet access but not the network...

Relevancy 54.18%

Heres the story, i was browsing on he internet, making a few downloads, when a java error message came up. i closed the box, and clicked a link and it would not load the page. Network magic, my networking program then told me i was disconnected from the internet. But the Windows networking program still said i was connected. I then started steam, because i didnt know whether or not to believe if i was disconnected. I connected to steam, and i was even able to play an online game of Left 4 dead, with one problem, all i could see was black, but the names and weapons and items appeared. I think it may be a java problem, but i dont really know. pages wont load on IE, Firefox or chrome. My other computers are connected fine. Please, if you could help its greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/only-one-computer-wont-connect-to-the-internet-371027.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey Windows Community,
So for some reason my son and I are not able to connect on Minecraft so we can play together. I am on a Windows 8.1 Pro machine and he is on a Windows 7 Professional machine. I have done some work on Bing and we each have our own copy of Minecraft (latest update), different IP addresses and the exceptions added to our firewalls. I will start the world and "open lan" and he will then go to mutliplayer but it just continues to show "scanning network". Even if we flip that process around it shows the same thing on my end. I am adding a screen shot of my Windows firewall exceptions and hoping you all might have some idea on what we can do to get this working. Thanks.

A:minecraft wont connect to another computer

Between your two computers, Does the intranet, and internet, work for other programs?

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/60298-minecraft-wont-connect-another-computer.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm setting up a second display but I'm not sure if I can connect it to my computer while its still on. Its troublesome to turn off the computer and connect the monitor then turn it back on so I'm thinking of connecting it while its still on. Would it be ok to connect it while the computer is in sleep mode?

Relevancy 54.18%

AMD Quad core 3.0 GHZ / HD 1TB/ 8GB RAM/Win 7 PRO I just bought this computer it won't connect to monitor or a TV the monitor says no input tryed all the different plugs and hdmi and nothing don't know alot about computers internally please help checked all the plugs inside computer and they are all plugged in

Relevancy 54.18%

i am trying to connect my tv to my computer to use it as my monitor cause my old one broke and i cant afford another one but my tv is vag and m,y computer is dvi so i bought and adapter and plugged it into the back of my computer and plugged the vga cable into it and then my tv but nothing happens when i put my tv into pc mode please help kinda new at this

A:cant connect my tv with my computer to use as monitor

Fill out your system specs so we know what hardware you have. Without knowing that, we can't give you any advice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/241107-cant-connect-my-tv-my-computer-use-monitor.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I just purchased two desktops and monitors. The monitors were suggested by the Dell web site.  The monitor came with a Display cable, but the computer had a HDMI port. I tried to call Support 4 times. I got no where. People with thick accents, disconnected 3 times. Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Juan

A:Monitor will not connect with computer

You need to tell us the exact PC and monitor models, and what video cards you have, and what ports are on the video cards before anyone can help you...
Mention the version of Windows too...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994623
Relevancy 54.18%

alright were havin a little problem first let me tell you about the two computers Computer A Windows XP Home Edition Has the Cable modem connected to it Has the router connected to it mb ram Computer B Windows SE Being Wirelessly connected to the xp computer Ok well i know i have my network set up because a i went through the XP computer and B The SE computer is getting an internet connection and finally C because the XP can connect to the SE but not visa versa Now every time im on the SE computer and i try to connect to the XP comp wont computer XP computer 98SE connect to i get this quot Resource 98SE computer wont connect to XP computer MAIN IPC quot Then its askin for a password ive tried every single password ive known it wotn connect i have even made an account exactly the same as the SE computer on the XP computer IE this is true The windows SE computer has a username of Default and password - nothing So i went to the XP connection i made an account named Default and in the password field put nothing I dont know what else to do ive tried everything plz help soon

A:98SE computer wont connect to XP computer

the modem goes into the wan port on the router
both computers connect to the router with straight through patch cables
enter the assigned ip address into the router for them to see each other on the network
enable sharing on each computer for whatever you want to share
not my area best i can come up with

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/98se-computer-wont-connect-to-xp-computer-27108.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I cant figure this out, my computer starts up but my monitor wont come on. I have had this problem now 3 times in 2 years. I've replaced motherboard, memory, power supplies, and changed video cards. I currently have a k-7 fsb 400 motherboard with amd sempron processor, 350 watt power supply, geforce 5200 ddr 64mb graphics card, kingston 512 ddr memory, wd cavier 7200rpm hard drive, and a dell monitor. everything starts on computer but monitor wont. yet monitor does on my friends computers. i've reseated the memory twice, tried differant hard drive, tried differant video card and power supply. still nothing. It must be the motherboard right? I just bought motherboard 4 months ago.

A:Computer Starts Monitor Wont Come On

txscorpionman said:

I cant figure this out, my computer starts up but my monitor wont come on. I have had this problem now 3 times in 2 years. I've replaced motherboard, memory, power supplies, and changed video cards. I currently have a k-7 fsb 400 motherboard with amd sempron processor, 350 watt power supply, geforce 5200 ddr 64mb graphics card, kingston 512 ddr memory, wd cavier 7200rpm hard drive, and a dell monitor. everything starts on computer but monitor wont. yet monitor does on my friends computers. i've reseated the memory twice, tried differant hard drive, tried differant video card and power supply. still nothing. It must be the motherboard right? I just bought motherboard 4 months ago.Click to expand...

Have you tried a different monitor, al though you say it works on your friends you also say it's intermittent, it could simply be that the monitor is faulty and moving it cures the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-starts-monitor-wont-come-on.44639/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have tried three monitors on my computer and it will not get a signal from any of them.
I also checked to make sure the monitor was fine by pulling it into another computer and it works fine.

when I turn on my computer it gives three beeps the first one is kind of long then another two beeps follow. I cant see what it is doing because it cant find the monitor.

I brought my computer into the place that built it to have a diagnostic ran on it and they told me everything works fine, I brought me computer home it worked for a week and now is doing the same thing as before.

I need help to figure out what is wrong thanks!

A:Computer wont recognize monitor

Your graphics card is at fault, remove it and refit it or replace it with a known working one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-recognize-monitor.960114/
Relevancy 53.75%

My monitor wont detect the computer tower it is connectedt o a certain computer tower. It works for others. When the computer tower is turned on all the lights light up, the fans start, the hard drive starts to spin, and the cd port works. please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-wont-detect-computer.1014330/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello i have a acer aspire running windows with gb hdd and gigs of ram on board graphics card The computer turns on everything initiates like normal but the monitor wont turn on im not getting any signal There are turn Computer on? wont Monitor no beep codes etc also ive tried removing the little lithium battery to reset the bios Computer Monitor wont turn on? and still nothing Ive tried using a different monitor Computer Monitor wont turn on? and its saying no signal I have another computer which is having the same problem its a acer something gig of ram hdd and a readeon graphics card cant remember the exact name With this computer i was attempting to add more ram to the extra ram slots and the computer booted up and worked but i only had gigs of ram rather than So i turned it off and repositioned the ram which now i wished i hadnt i now get no signal from either of the computers If anyone could get me going in the right direction id much appreciate it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

my computer will turn on but the monitor does not turn on the light just blinks it suddenly stoped working after working fine for 1 year the monitor works fine when hooked up to other computers the tower itsself is a visionman any ideas whats wrong?

Relevancy 53.75%

I moved about half a year ago and left my old dell xp desktop in the garage ever since. I just took it out to use it, But it wont show anything on the screen. I tried reseating the ram and cmos chip, and tried two 2 cords on two monitors, with flushing the remaining power by unplugging and pressing the button but no luck. Computer sounds good and i can feel my hdd running but i cannot get anything to show up on the screen. It worked before the move, any idea on what i can do to get it working?

A:Old computer wont display on monitor

Has the graphics card been jiggled loose by the move?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/399407-old-computer-wont-display-monitor.html
Relevancy 53.75%

so i went to turn my computer on and it turned on but it didnt sound like is was running right, and the monitor didnt turn on with it. also when it turned on there were two beeps that came out of the speakers, one long and one short, and every 10 seconds or so after there is another short beep.

what does this mean?

A:monitor wont turn on with computer

Check the keyboard, mouse and monitor cables, and make sure none are loose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-wont-turn-on-with-computer.1024009/
Relevancy 53.75%

hey guys i got a slight problem.

a couple hrs ago i reformatted my computer and everything was done right.Then my friend was putting everything back together and he unplugged the harddrive. after that nothing would turn on but i could still hear the computer. i cannot get any sound keyboard monitor or mouse to work.But before when i unplugged the harddrive and plugged it back in everything was fine and now the second time i did it nothing will turn on. can anyone help me please?

A:Computer monitor wont turn on

Recheck all your cables are plugged in properly. When you say you could still hear the computer do you mean the fans? or the windows boot up chimes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-monitor-wont-turn-on.128790/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently came upon this problem A couple months back my family purchased a new computer and monitor I unplugged everything from the old computer with Monitor wont on computer turn and placed it in my Monitor wont turn on with computer room The problem is Monitor wont turn on with computer that when i plugged everything in and tried turning it on the computer would power on but the monitor wouldn t the green light would just blink However when i unplugged the monitor-computer connection the monitor menu would pop up and say there was no connection so the connection is fine After unplugging everthing and replugging it back in in different outlets surge protector everythign would work fine It would work fine for a couple more months until now Out of the blue the same problem started occuring However this time the monitor would power on and once the desktop appeared it would power off and the light would start blinking again I tried unplugging and replugging again but it only made it worse Now the monitor wont start with the computer at all it just blinks as soon as i turn it on nbsp

A:Monitor wont turn on with computer

The first thing I'd troubleshoot is the monitor itself.

Do you have another computer in your house? Attach the monitor to another computer to see if it has any problems. If the monitor is not the problem, then we'll take it from there.

Welcome to techspot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-turn-on-with-computer.62369/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I just moved house. My computer and monitor worked fine at home, but in my new house the computer turns on and the monitor just stays with the amber light on and never goes green. Ive tried it with two different monitors and neither gets a signal from my PC. It seems like something must have got knocked or disconnected in the move, but I dont know where to start looking. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

A:Monitor wont recognise computer - it used to..

Open the case and start checking connections. Reseat memory, video card, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-wont-recognise-computer-it-used-to.875433/
Relevancy 53.75%

My pc will turn on but will not display on the monitor, very rarely it will switch on like normal. Every time this happens the computer lets off a high pitch squeaking noise and the fans and components sound like they're revving. I have to keep turning it on and off by the main power button on the PC and after about 10-20 times of doing this it will just turn on properly with no weird sounds or nothing like there was nothing wrong with it. Please help me to try and figure out what the issue is and what I need to fix or repair. The squealing noise sounds as if it's coming from the main power box inside the computer. Please help, thanks.

A:(help) computer wont display on monitor

I have tried the unplug everything and hold the power button down for 30 seconds technique but it rarely works.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127896-help-computer-wont-display-monitor.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I moved about half a year ago and left my old dell xp desktop in the garage ever since. I just took it out to use it, But it wont show anything on the screen. I tried reseating the ram and cmos chip, and tried two 2 cords on two monitors, with flushing the remaining power by unplugging and pressing the button but no luck. Computer sounds good and i can feel my hdd running but i cannot get anything to show up on the screen. It worked before the move, any idea on what i can do to get it working?

A:Old computer wont display on monitor.

Has the graphics card been jiggled loose by the move?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399407-old-computer-wont-display-monitor.html
Relevancy 53.75%

hey guys.

well a week ago i was using the computer when it suddenly froze. i restart it, it feezes again. so i restart again. but now it won't recognize my monitor. the monitor light is green but then turns orange. every thing seems to be turning on inside the comp. i built this computer a little over a year ago and never had any problems until now

things I've tried:
replacing video card
different video card slot
reseating ram
changing monitor

help plz- posting from phone -

edit: mobo does not beep

A:Computer wont recognize monitor

Hi csalcido

Has your CPU fan been working ok over time?

The only instance of this is were the processor has just blown and they have exactly the same circumstances as you eg here for example

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-recognize-monitor.118218/
Relevancy 53.75%

I bout this computer from a pawn shop about 2 years ago custom made, all i know about it is that is has windows 7 an asus motherboard and when it was working it moved lightspeed. I will probably need lots of help to explain some things about my computer. Then when i returned this summer and tried to use it it refused to show on the monitor. No beeping either.

A:My Computer Wont Show On The Monitor.

Hello G10TheLegend

We need a little more details about your computer. Download Speccy from my signature and post a screenshot of it in your next post.

What happens when you start up? Does it show any sign of power?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-computer-wont-show-on-the-monitor-658590.html
Relevancy 53.75%

When me and my family got home from vacation none of our computers desktops and a laptop could connect to the internet We knew some thunder storms had been through the area so we figure something got blown out but were confused at first because my computer still turned on and work fine besides the internet wont Solved: why find help my please Cant computer connect, We called Verizon and from what they said replaced the router and modem Now the other computers connect well They said it may be because of damage to my network card A personal friend of ours who has fixed hardware for us before said the same thing So we called gateway and they had me disable everything except bigfix and my anti-virus avast and open IE I didnt have something like mcafee or norton running because we always use mozilla firefox IE opened google but very slowly took about or minutes and mozilla doesnt open anything just a blank white space in the Solved: Cant find why my computer wont connect, please help address bar and browser Gateway said because I could connect at all in IE that my network card and all hardware was fine so it wasnt anything on their end If anyone is thinking its some kind of virus I dont understand how thats possible because I did a system restore to a day before our vacation when it ran fine This problems getting really fustrating so Im hoping someone here will have an idea what the problem is Sry for the wall of text just wanted to explain my situation right nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

A computer I have here is all wacked I have spent my connect to wont wireless network Computer many hours on it cleaning the stupid thing up so it s a lot better now but still stupid The computer keeps grabbing the local NIC for the IP addy and not the LAN wireless router Do you know of a way I can get it to stop doing that I m trying to connect Computer wont connect to my wireless network wireless and it sees the network but when I try to connect to it it just says connecting and then uses that same old stupid IP I cannot force it to use an IP with a Computer wont connect to my wireless network static one either because for some reason when I go into network settings and TCP IP windows it wont let me input any numbers in there It just beeps at me and nothing happens It s way of telling me I can t type there for whatever reason Num lock is on and off still nothing Ever seen that on where you can t type in numbers to set a static IP BTW Computer wont connect to my wireless network This happens off and on from time to time for whatever reason It usually clears itself up after a couple of reboots or release renews but not this time It has been stuck with this NIC IP for several days now Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Computer wont connect to my wireless network

I have some ideas, but before I share many how about helping me with some unfamiliar terms. What is a "local NIC"? What is a "NIC IP"? And what exactly is the "same old stupid IP"?

My first idea has to do with Windows 98. I think that W98 did not initially include wireless capability; you had to get some updates, or maybe go to W98SE. Have you ever successfully connected wirelessly with this computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-connect-to-my-wireless-network.435667/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ive already posted this however no one has replied to me, the laptop will only work in safe mode, there was some malware on it however we got rid of that and then boopme told me to repost this in vista forum as it was not his area of expertise, therefore i repost and await someones help.

A:computer wont connect unless in safe mode

If your computer can connect in Safe Mode with Networking, but not in normal mode, I can assure you, it's still infected.With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342058/computer-wont-connect-unless-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a dell dimension 4300 using a d-link DWA-125 usb adapter and I'm trying to connect to a MiFi 2200 289D in hot spot mode (not using usb cord). d-link sees the network but wont connect.

tried calling d-link support and was told to change the chanel (from 1 to 6) on the MiFi, but I cant.

Verizon tech has yet to get back to me.

The mifi will connect on a laptop (Vista) and a emachines (XP)

Note: I have tried to use the adapter from the xp machine to connect but the same thing happens. I also used the d-link to connect to a netgear router on channel 1, so I know that it will connect.

HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-computer-wont-connect-to-mifi.985956/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an Emachine T3406 ( i know this computer sucks but its all i got since i have to use my moms laptop and shes tired of me using it) I just got back i had it nuked and completely reset. Its up and running again but i cant get it to connect to internet to start updating or anything!

my specs:
Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Services pack2
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.93GHz
2.93GHz, 496mb of RAM
70GB Hard drive

it wont recognize the internet connection i have (Ethernet cable)

A:Nuked computer internet wont connect

bump bump bump bump bump

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nuked-computer-internet-wont-connect-655350.html
Relevancy 53.75%

my computer is a dell i just moved back home and can not connect to the internet with my computer. It runs vista and before i moved here it worked fine with wireless. I feel i have tried everything rebooting, reseting the modem and router my wifi capability is on, in the network and sharing center it shows my pc connect to the network but the network not connected to the internet wich is false cause im using the same internet right now on another computer beside my dell that wont work. when i run diagnostics it says the modem or router is not available. please help ive been trying to do this on my own for a month now. any advice is appreciated. thanks guys!

A:my computer wont connect but others in the house do just fine

The problem is the same for both ethernet and Wi-Fi connections?

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-connect-but-others-in-the-house-do-just-fine.1092583/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there I have just brought a new compaq presario V with a Broadcom wireless adapter and windows vista It seems to have a hard time finding the network at home I usually have to unplug the router or restart my computer to find the network vista wont with computer connect to network new and new computer with vista wont connect to network when it does find it it displays a high signal I go to connect and it cannot connect saying something along the lines of router is not authorizing or responding to the connection I know it s not a problem with the network or the netgear router as there are other older laptops hooking up wirelessly to the network both with xp and computers by cable one with vista one with xp I have already tried turning all firewalls off but this did nothing and there is no encryption key the network is unsecured I ve looked over the internet for similiar problems and I believe it has something to do with vista I m not sure whether I should do the regedit you have suggested to many other people as the hyperlink below and if I do how do I find teh GUID of my wireless as there are alot of folders under interfaces http support microsoft com kb Thank-you very much for your time nbsp

A:new computer with vista wont connect to network

Try the simple one first: Vista Can't obtain IP address from some DHCP Servers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-with-vista-wont-connect-to-network.623395/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey A week ago my pc went all weird and the connection was very slow then all of a sudden it started to disconnect and reconnect to the router every minutes suddently Computer wont to connect wireless? or so Now it doesnt even connect to the router Computer suddently wont connect to wireless? it has perfect signal but when I go to connect it just says no internet access or this failed too connect etc The annoying this is is that it was working flawlessly for Computer suddently wont connect to wireless? a few months and now this Ive tried everything I can system restore update roll back drivers firewall on and off I just dont know My laptop which im on now is working fine and its right next to my pc Im running win the wireless card is Ralink RT Turbo and I have a BT home hub Heres the ipconfig all paste from the pc Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chris gt ipconfig all Windows IP Computer suddently wont connect to wireless? Configuration Host Name Steven Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card Physical Address C - A- -C - E-AC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a bd a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -FC- D- C- F- -FB- -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address C- F- -FB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c bd e d cc Deprecated Autoconfiguration IPv Address Tentative Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E E - C- DAF-A B -FFA B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EBAE - - F - E - A D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Chris gt Do you guys have any clue on what the problem could be Theres no virus btw ran scans and the pc is relatively new Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp