Windows Support Forum

Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

Q: Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

I built a gaming PC and it wont connect to the monitor. Also the keyboard and mouse won't turn on.
My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 700

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

Could you please provide the specs for your build? Need to list the exact parts you used, including make and model. It makes things easier to help with diagnosing your issue or issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-own-computer-but-it-wont-connect-to-monitor.203102/
Relevancy 19.78%

Samsung has announced that their latest 32-inch Ultra HD monitor, the U32E850R with support for AMD's FreeSync technology, is now available in the United States with a rather hefty price tag of $1,199.

Read more

A:Samsung launches 32-inch 4K monitor with AMD FreeSync

With those prices of decent sized monitors and capable GPUs, We are years from 4K being more of a gimmick for the few rich. I just wait for QWHD to go down to earth prices. They're stuck at 350? for like two years now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-launches-32-inch-4k-monitor-with-amd-freesync.217574/
Relevancy 13.33%

After going through lots of programs and cleaning out an infection, I restarted it and it is almost totally unusable. I can confirm that both mouse and keyboard work, mouse light is on, and keyboard lets me open the calculator. Any help please? Thanks.

A:Can't move my mouse, but computer is not frozen

If the mouse is USB (not a PS/2 connection), try disconnecting and then reconnecting. You could also try a different USB port for the mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-move-my-mouse-but-computer-is-not-frozen.183253/
Relevancy 13.33%

Hi, I have decided to buy a new computer(or the parts for one).
It will be the first time I assemble one so I would like a little
help from the people on here that has some experaince with computer hardware,
because I myself do not know very much about it.

I have done some research and this is what I came up with:
Motherboard : Asus Z97-A Intel Z97 4xDDR3 SLI CrossFireX Socket 1150 ATX
CPU : Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Socket 1150
RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 DIMM PC12800/1600MHz CL9 2x4GB
GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750Ti OC 2GB D
PSU : CORSAIR PSU 550W VS550
Hard Drive : Western Digital WD20E, 2TB, SATA 6 Gb/s, 3.5", IntelliPower, 64MB

What I want to know is if all these parts will fit together and if it is a good
computer? I want a fast computer thats good at a bit of everything. What I will be using it for mostly is programming, games like bfbc2, downloading/watching movies/tv series and just browse the internet.

And I think I will be using mint as my os(still new to linux).

A:Assembling a computer for the first time

I think those are great choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/assembling-a-computer-for-the-first-time.217526/
Relevancy 13.33%

I just bought these I will return them if need be so don t pamper me http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Question one these Questions about computer speakers speakers plug into my old jack front speaker port on my mobo should I use the center sub-woofer port instead Should I have bought some kind of HDMI or SDPIF speakers instead If so how much better are they My video card nvidia has extra hdmi ports my Questions about computer speakers mobo has a spdif port Should I buy sound card speaker combo Is my mobo and or video card just as good as a good sound card Should I download some software to compliment my new speakers Do I need to change any settings on my computer to take advantage of them In the control panel should I up the quot quality quot from bit hz studio Virturilze sound Boost enhance Will loudness equalization hurt my coolness nvidia g gaming http www newegg com Product Produ e nvidia g gaming- - - - - -Product Mobo z m pro http www newegg com Product Produ amp cm re z m pro - - - - - -Product p s my old speakers were like years old I don t even see where to adjust the bass p s s I use my speakers for music and gaming ps was trying to spend on a speaker upgrade flac is wow nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/questions-about-computer-speakers.217390/
Relevancy 30.1%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have been working on setting up a Minecraft server for a couple of days now and I cannot find a way to get my friends outside of my network to connect connect my to can't My server friends Minecraft I know I gave them the right IP address and I have tried several solutions with no luck I can however connect to the server from other computers connected to the same router but I think that only works when I have it set My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server to quot cracked quot mode I tried disabling my firewall on both my host computer and my router using a different computer as the server host and changing the port All solutions I have tried gave the same message to my friends quot Cannot reach server quot My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server when I was able to connect just fine Here is some possibly useful information Host computer It s not the best -OS Windows XP Professional SP -Processor Intel Pentium GHz uni-core -RAM MB -IP Address Minecraft Server -Version jar Router -Type Wired Wireless -Brand Cisco -Model Linksys E -IP Address -Router Information Firmware Version build Apr Firmware Verification e c b ec c b c ceb Current Time Fri Jan Internet MAC Address FC CB -Internet Connection Connection Type Automatic Configuration - DHCP Internet IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS DNS DNS MTU DHCP Lease Time Hour If there is My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server any other information you need please tell me nbsp

A:My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server

You need to forward some ports (router settings) and then open incoming port in your firewall (OS settings). Start here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-friends-cant-connect-to-my-minecraft-server.175806/
Relevancy 19.78%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 13.76%

Memory is a key component in any computer and without a sufficient amount on tap, the entire system will feel sluggish regardless of what other beefy hardware you might be running.

Read more

A:How much RAM is in your computer?

16GB... Because I love keeping numerous Chrome tabs open.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-ram-is-in-your-computer.213529/
Relevancy 12.9%

Just checking it seems like something is not wife's on this - my Keyboard - - found disabled getting computer of EPP tired still wrong on this computer just using a standard plain usb keyboard All of a sudden this morning when she was changing a plain ordinary mouse the keyboard quit working it works on Keyboard not found - EPP - disabled - getting tired of this on my wife's computer another computer the mouse works while using the same usb port in device manager there is no entry for Keyboard in devices and printers way down at the bottom a quot usb multimedia quot keyboard shows but when I try to look at the drivers there are several drivers and I cannot delete or disable any Looking at the HID compliant consumer control device driver details there are no drivers Device Manager Keyboard shows keyboard there are speed settings but in the hardware tab no name manufacturer location or device status Just in case with all of the problem we have had lately I did some scans the dss scan seems strange Is it mbam Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Motherboard FOXCONN Keyboard not found - EPP - disabled - getting tired of this on my wife's computer AB Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPU mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free E is CDROM F is Removable G is Removable H is Removable I is Removable J is Removable K is CDROM M is NetworkDisk NTFS - GiB total GiB free P is NetworkDisk NTFS - GiB total GiB free R is NetworkDisk NTFS - GiB total GiB free S is NetworkDisk NTFS - GiB total GiB free T is NetworkDisk NTFS - GiB total GiB free Something is rotten in Denmark nbsp

A:Keyboard not found - EPP - disabled - getting tired of this on my wife's computer

Some place I saw a message that windows updates was set to no update hareware files, but I can't find where to change that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-not-found-epp-disabled-getting-tired-of-this-on-my-wifes-computer.191043/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a choice to make on a new monitor.

It needs to be VESA mountable and will be for strategy gaming and work purposes. Games like Wargame, Supreme Commander and World of Tanks. I work as a sysadmin so think lots of windows open!

Do I get a 24" monitor like this Benq (recommendations on a different one are welcome)

Or do I get a 27" monitor. If you think 27" what res would you recommend baring in mind I am sporting a 760gtx.

Thanks,

A:24" monitor or 27"

I think 1080P is the best bet for your GTX 760. 2560x1600 or 2560x1440 (27 inch panels) might be a bit too much. It is really personal preference whether you weant a 24 inch or a 27 inch. There are 1080P monitors in both sizes. I recommend Dell, BenQ, ASUS, Samsung, and ACER monitors. There are some other good ones, but I cant think of them off the top of my head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/24-monitor-or-27.201808/
Relevancy 12.9%

I have scoured the internet for months, and I couldn't find anything. I even checked an old article from this website, which didnt help. I have tried most obvious things, such as disabling stereo mix, though and help at all is accepted because you never know. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turtle-beack-x12-replaying-computer-sounds.216239/
Relevancy 28.38%

Okay so for the past several hours I ve gone through the throes of attempting to get my Asus laptop s built-in webcam to work I took a on laptop cannot Windows 7 webcam the built-in Asus detect my look at Device Manager and had found two items titled quot Base System Device quot or something to that effect I don t quite remember and I thought that one of them would be the webcam Well after searching for the mystery items Hardware ID on Google I had Windows 7 cannot detect the built-in webcam on my Asus laptop discovered that these devices were in fact not the webcam Then I had used the quot Add a Device quot option under Devices and Printers in the Control Panel to try and find the webcam After letting it churn for ten minutes it appeared that Windows wasn t even searching anymore and I was staring at a blank window for nothing The only clue I have about the situation is after running DriverEasy it listed quot USB M UVC WebCam quot as a needed update but it also said quot unplugged quot beside the selection and was highlighted in red After attempting to download and install the driver the program had given me some Packard-Bell webcam driver that is most definitely not correct Packard-Bell still exists This had all started however when I made a clean install of Windows I had just spent the last two days scouring the web digging up my lost drivers and programs that had come with the laptop Everything s been successful save for this one element My webcam is lost somewhere in my laptop I just can t get to it If anyone has any ideas as to what s happened and yes I know it s a possibility the wiring is shot and how to fix the issue please give me any tips that you can I ve done everything possible in my power including trying to find the drivers but you obviously can t install drivers for devices that Windows doesn t even detect Oh before I forget my laptop model is Asus x v B if that helps in any way nbsp

A:Windows 7 cannot detect the built-in webcam on my Asus laptop

Was this laptop purchased with Windows 7 as the OS that was installed on it ? Or did it come with Windows Vista and you just wiped it out and put Windows 7 on yourself??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cannot-detect-the-built-in-webcam-on-my-asus-laptop.155636/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I was downloading a game . After the download finished a clicked on play to well.... Start playing and something wierd happened. My screen went blue (screen colour when nothing in being recieved) At first I thought it was the in game resolution so I tried pressing alt and enter to change the view from full screen to windowed. I also tried pressing alt and f4 to try and close the game but still nothing was showing. So I hard reseted my pc. The msi logo boot up shows normally but after the logo the screen stops showing anything. I tried changing hdmi ports and the first time this happened it fixed the problem. But because I'm stupid I tried booting up the game again and the same thing happened but changing ports didn't work this time. I tried everything but nothing has worked. If anyone could help it would be very appreciated. Also I can't boot into safe mode because I'm using win8.1 and also an ssd.

My specs: msi mobo
Gpu: gtx 760 2gb
8gb ram
SSD
Normal HDDHDD
600W power supply

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-showing-output.215936/
Relevancy 19.78%

My Friend has a HP Pavilion DV2000 Laptop. His display isn't work. Suddenly display gone. But I thought it could be Display problem not a VGA. So, i tried to connect an external monitor and used Shortcut keys to change the display. I pressed fu + F1 or Fu + F2 or Fu + F3 or Fu + F4 up-to F12. But no result.
I couldn't check whether it's a Display or VGA card problem. IS there any other way to check it. in addition to these is there any other combination keys to Change the display to an external monitor. I'm unable to check whether i get login or not. if I can login then i can use Windows Key + P. Then i can select mode. But I'm Unable to anything here. Please help me to find the problem and i have to take it to repairing shop.
Thanks in Advanced

A:Change display of laptop to external monitor

It should be the Fn + the key that shows a monitor symbol. If it still doesn't display, the motherboard video processor has failed, and not the LCD Panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-display-of-laptop-to-external-monitor.168817/
Relevancy 13.33%

Hello I have a tower just recently bought all the parts from newegg and was building the tower for the last days I had everything put in as it should be and initially it stayed on but no image was portraying problems up boot Building computer on the monitor A friend explained I was using the wrong port to portray image as it should be through the video card I should be connecting it but after troubleshooting the problem Building computer boot up problems initially I removed RAM and put it back in but computer now turns on for a second then right off I hear and see the fans running the dvd drive spinning and the lights go on but then it shuts right off after another - seconds it turns on again and then after another second turns right back off in an endless cycle until I turn it off completely and unplug it Not sure what the next steps are or if I should return the moba for an exchange After reading a lot of forums I noticed that it could be the RAM was improperly placed so I tried many times to take it out and put it back in but same problem keeps occurring I hear no beeps and only hear a click from the power supply when it goes on I tried the psu tester on the power supply and it tells me it should be working fine Any one have any idea moba ASRock Z M Pro Micro ATX Intel Motherboard ram CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C B power EVGA -G - -XR W Power Supply case Thermaltake Level Series Level GT VN W N Black Computer Case processor Intel Core i - K GHz LGA BX I K Desktop Processor video card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti G-P - -KR FTW w ACX Cooling Video Card Please someone help and thanks to all nbsp

A:Building computer boot up problems

Okay, I've had the same issue with a new build: Put it all together, switch on the power and basically nothing. Do the following tried and true diagnostic steps that can be tedious but costs nothing to do and can often zero in on your issue:

1. Uninstall everything from your motherboard and disconnect all peripherals from your power supply except psu to motherboard, cpu, and one stick of RAM. Now turn it on. If it boots up and stays booted then shut it down and then...

2. Add your second stick of memory -- nothing else. Repeat by booting up and if it stays booted up then...

3. Start adding one piece of hardware at a time and repeat as directed.

What are your findings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-computer-boot-up-problems.215853/
Relevancy 20.21%

I want it to a PC for music production.
No fancy graphics to render.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-gpu-for-3440x1440-monitor.215778/
Relevancy 20.21%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, itīs not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 20.21%

So about a few weeks ago (not exactly sure when it started) my computer stopped allowing me to access certain websites. It started out with only a few, but now it is almost 50-80% not connecting. I do not think it is a problem with my browser. I typically use Firefox, but IE will connect to the same ones Firefox allows, and will also not connect to the same websites Firefox will not allow.

I have searched these forums for a couple of hours now and nothing seems to fit my exact problem, and I am hesitant to use the solutions from other forums because it might further hurt my system. I am not tech-savvy/computer literate to say the least, and I would need a thorough walk-through on how to diagnose the problem, as well as how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Unable to connect to most websites -- not a browser problem

How are you not allowed to view the website? Does the page show "The page cannot be displayed"? or you are not authorized or something else?

Try running cmd.exe, type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-most-websites-not-a-browser-problem.177710/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello,

I have been using the same set up for just over a year now and yesterday my monitor (which is just a TV with a HDMI port) stopped receiving signal.

I can boot up the pc and get the BIOS, which I can go into and see everything fine, as well as the windows loading icon but when it would normally go to the log in screen I get nothing.

I can however plug in an extra monitor (an actual Samsung monitor) with a VGA cable and it all works fine and on top of that if I connect the TV at the same time it works perfectly fine as a second monitor.

However if I try to turn off the VGA monitor and just use the HDMI TV then I get no video signal again.

No idea how to get my main TV monitor working again. Totally stumped.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Video Card: GeForce GT 620
MOBO: Asus Ranger VII
PSU: Corsair 500w
Monitor: Technika 22" HDMI + Samsung SyncMaster 2032 VGA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-no-video-found-when-main-display.215571/
Relevancy 19.78%

So I have 2 images from the Device manager.
The driver has a Yellow caution sign with "!" inside it.

My issues:
Cannot Connect to wireless, But can connect via Ethernet Cable.

My troubleshooter said the drive couldn't start, and that I needed a Wireless Cable to plugin to the computer.

This is my school computer, my help desk helped before but they are out of office because its summer break.

Device Manager > Components > Problem Devices
Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002E&SUBSYS_E034105B&REV_01\4&124A40C8&0&00E1 This device cannot start.
Also 2 things.
I tried disabling my Bluetooth High Speed, it did nothing.
I do not know if this is the right thread, because this is my first post, if there is anymore information you need to know please contact me.

A:Atheros AR5B97 driver not letting me connect to wireless

Hi and welcome to the boards.

How old is this system? Sometimes the wireless card will fail and a new one can be installed.

However, you can upload and install the latest wireless network driver for your system via ethernet cable. Sometimes that is all you need. If it is a built system like a Dell then go to the manufacture's website if this was a system that was built by yourself or someone else then go to the motherboard's website.

Please keep us updated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atheros-ar5b97-driver-not-letting-me-connect-to-wireless.215528/
Relevancy 12.9%

I heard there's some certification to mount ESD safe equipment (ESD mats, etc) at computer workshops and other ESD safe environments. Could I get this certification myself in London? Is it expensive?

A:Is there some certification to mount ESD safe equipment at computer workshops, etc?

See https://www.esda.org/
OR domestic (U.S) http://www.dekra-certification.us/en/electrostatic-discharge-esd

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-some-certification-to-mount-esd-safe-equipment-at-computer-workshops-etc.214706/
Relevancy 12.9%

So I'm building a coomputer for my first time and have already selected parts that I think would be good. Not sure though as this is all new to me, but basically I just want a good computer capable of running a flight simulator in high quality graphics. So I just want to make sure that everything is compatable with each other, and if you have a part that would be better than what I have listed, please recommend. The list of parts I have come up with are as follows:

Case: Xigmatek Soundwave ATX Mid Tower

Power Supply: Cool Power Performance CP P600 204 pin ATX Power Supply w SATA PCIe & Dual 12V Rails

Mobo: MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970 Gaming

CPU: AMD FX 4350 Unlocked Quad Core Processor 4.2 4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2 x 4gb) DDR3 1600 MHz PC3 12800 240-Pin DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit

Optical Drive: Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM

Audio Drive: Asus Xonar DG Headphone Amp & PCI 5.1 Audio Card

Video Card: MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500gb SATA III 7200 RPM 16mb Cache Bulk/OEM

Then I will be installing Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks Guys!

A:Are these parts sufficient for a decent gaming computer?

Give us your budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-sufficient-for-a-decent-gaming-computer.214561/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey guys, I need to buy a Full HD monitor but I seem to be unable to find one that meets my requirements.

All I need is an IPS display with 5 ms response time. And perhaps a glossy display but not too much.

Please help me out guys. I tried search soooo much but didn't find anything.

A:Suggest a monitor

What is your overall budget for this monitor? Where will you be purchasing this item (online -or- physical retail store)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggest-a-monitor.213566/
Relevancy 20.64%

My Asus Q550LF crapped out on me. I was browsing when a whole bunch of black rectangles appeared on my screen, about an inch long. I restarted my computer thinking it just froze or something. I could occasionally get to the desktop page if I unplugged the charger but now it doesn't even turn on. It'll make one beep when I push the power button but that's it. What might the issue be and is it gonna be expensive? Because this computer has been one of the worst I have ever owned and I would just scrap it or something if it might end up being costly.

A:Laptop wont turn on anymore

How old is it? It sounds like it could be a multiple of hardware failures including the motherboard. The black rectangles sounds like what we call video card artifacting which means the video card is dying. But the fact that it is not even booting up could point to a failed hard drive. Again, it could be anything.

Asus is known for poor customer service but you could try giving them a call.

Do you know anyone who can do some diagnostics on it? I certainly would be checking out the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-anymore.214221/
Relevancy 20.21%

Greetings here is a quick story and then my question I built my computer about years ago and since upgraded a bit of it last year So I am gong to build an all new system However This time around I am going to get a VERY nice monitor first since that is what I am looking at I was going to spend between and dollars to get one I backwards, Monitor first Building asked over on the Stardock forums I was going to get a new monitor and asked what they felt was the best one available The CEO actually replied and said to wait till Display port was readily available for the new K monitors I wanted to size up to a quot or thereabouts So my question is Building backwards, Monitor first twofold Should I wait for display port and when will we see some monitors with it and Should I just get a K monitor now if Building backwards, Monitor first there is not much visual difference between display port and I see my video card is going to need to be upgraded since it does not have a port on it sigh What I currently have Asrock Mobo Z Extreme I K I have the hyper evo fan setup g Gskill DDR ram I forgot the timing I upgraded from to gigs EVGA Geforce GTX Yea I knew about the ram issue when I bought the card last year Building backwards, Monitor first Evo gig SSD I was using Intel s cache drive method to speed up stuff this was also part of my upgrade Corsair terrabyte storage drive Corsair watt Gold PSW Win pro Asus Monitor I am not helping you all by not remembering the model number my apologies nbsp

A:Building backwards, Monitor first

I'm a little curious as to why you're planning to rebuild your system? From the looks of it, it's still a pretty solid machine. As far as I know, DisplayPort 1.3 is already out. It's been talk of another release already (DisplayPort 1.4a) is this what you were waiting for? If so, I wouldn't waste the time. As for 4K, what exactly do you do with your machine? Knowing this will make it easier for us to recommend suggestions. I personally wouldn't go for 4K right now, but that's just my opinion. There isn't enough content available and it's still expensive to facilitate. Dell has very good offerings when it comes to high-end displays. I'd personally go for either the

Dell UltraSharp U3014
or
Dell U3415W Black 34

I know there a few monitor guys in the community. Hopefully, one of them will see your post and provide you with more suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-backwards-monitor-first.213799/
Relevancy 27.52%

One of the major knocks against NAND flash used in today's solid state drives is its endurance. Given enough writes, this type of memory will ultimately break down and become useless. That's apparently not the case with NRAM (non-volatile RAM),...

Read more

A:NRAM built using nanotubes offers DRAM-like speeds, unlimited endurance

Why make a product that doesn't wear out? Not only will it not be replaced with a newer one but the manufacturer will have to offer unheard of warranties. A very noble concept but not a sustainable business model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nram-built-using-nanotubes-offers-dram-like-speeds-unlimited-endurance.213620/
Relevancy 19.35%

LG Australia has revealed a new FreeSync monitor on their website perhaps a little earlier than the company anticipated, and it could be a great option for gamers wanting to upgrade to a 4K display.

Read more

A:LG's 27MU67 monitor packs FreeSync alongside a 4K, 27-inch IPS panel

4 way split? That's pretty cool. I know other monitors have done it (though none immediately come to mind) but very cool nevertheless. It might not be an IPS type panel but that's not a bad price all things considered.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lgs-27mu67-monitor-packs-freesync-alongside-a-4k-27-inch-ips-panel.213446/
Relevancy 13.33%

ASUS ROG G751JY-DH72X Intel i7 2.40GHz 32GB Memory 512GB SSD GTX 980M 4GB Laptop

Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7 4860HQ 2.4GHz
32GB Memory 1TB HDD 512GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB
17.3-inch (1920 x 1080)
Retail Price:
$2,999.00
Price:
$2,749.00

A:Is the CPU good on this computer for gaming?

I'd say it's a good CPU, but note that you won't be able to upgrade it in the future as it is soldered onto the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-cpu-good-on-this-computer-for-gaming.213433/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi guys I'm wondering if you can help me,

I just bought a new R9 280 to replace my HD 5830.

I installed it properly and there was no video output to my monitor.

The 5830 is now back in and everything is fine so not sure what's going on.

I've tried using the vga slot instead of HDMI on the R9 280 and there's still no output.

A:New R9 280 with no monitor signal

Try to change the power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-r9-280-with-no-monitor-signal.212523/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello everyone. I will soon be upgrading my monitor and I am not sure which to get. Currently I am running a gtx 980 and my 6 year old 1600x900 acer is extremly underpowered to take full advantage of the card. My main issue is whether or not I should invest in a g-sync monitor since I do have a high end card. the concept of g sync seems nice but I've noticed a $200+ price increase for gsync monitors. Is it worth the investment for me? I plan on getting a 1ms 144hz monitor regardless I am just unsure if I should invest into a g sync monitor. thx everyone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/picking-a-new-monitor.213195/
Relevancy 20.21%

As I don't go menu and Monitor's won't buttons the work away am writing this I have this blue square on the screen with all the settings for this monitor Whichever button I press on the monitor the menu won t go away Not even the power button works so that means I can Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work t disable Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work the monitor Unplugging and plugging it back in doesn t work as soon as the picture appears the menu appears Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work as well Let me give you a bit of a history as it might help determine the cause About a month ago my old monitor monitor started behaving weird It started turning itself off every now and again Sometimes few times a minute Every time it turns off it turns back on with the splash screen saying quot BENQ quot and everything I had no idea why it does that I tried pressing the buttons on it to go into the menu but every button seemed to shut it off and every button seemed to turn it on So I gave it to a family friend to try and fix it He said that the quot control board quot started dying and that he doesn t have a spare one or something like that He then gave me a spare monitor of his monitor until I can buy a new one or fix monitor So I took monitor from him and sent monitor to the shop so they can try and fix it About a week passes and the shop calls and says that they fixed monitor I go and pick it up and when I came home I unplug monitor and plug in monitor monitor was working perfectly then Monitor worked for about minutes and started shutting down again And when I tried using the buttons they wouldn t work again Same thing as last time So I return it to the shop and tell them that it doesn t work That was about a week and a half ago They still didn t fix it The problem is now the monitor also started having problems It doesn t turn off yet but the menu buttons don t work Power button doesn t work Nothing And on top of that the menu won t disappear from the screen As I am typing this there s a menu on top of everything Every now and again the menu will switch to a different option like quot brightness quot quot auto adjustment quot and such like the buttons are being pressed Now I am wondering could it be that my PC is quot breaking quot these monitors Is there a way for a PC to physically damage a monitor What should I do in that case Also I should say that ever since monitor died and after I installed monitor my PC has been getting blue screens of death It hasn t happened once in years since I got this PC and it started after I got monitor I don t know if that s something that s important but there it is If you need more info please let me know I am trying to figure out what is happening and every bit of help is appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work

No one has any relevant information?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitors-menu-wont-go-away-and-the-buttons-dont-work.212651/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi
I have an asus x555ld-x0549h, it has a built in camera that does not work. I have been searching for a driver all day and didnt find a thing...
then I tought that the camera was being blocked and I enabled it and... still noting...
can anyone help me please?
I'm using windows 8 and the camera app says that I need to plug in a camera... so.... wtf?! :S

A:Asus x555ld built in camera not working

How old is this laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x555ld-built-in-camera-not-working.212530/
Relevancy 20.64%

My windows 7 laptop can connect to the internet, but unable to browse.

I can ping www.yahoo.com with zero loss
when I type ipconfig I am seeing my IP address

I have 4 other computers connected to the internet at home here no issues, it is just this one computer.

I have tried multiple browsers. I have tried both wired and wireless I even copied a chrome installer exe from a usb drive to the computer and ran it. When I double clicked the exe it WAS able to download the chrome software and install it, so I am definitely connected to the internet. But if I try and open a website, chrome says ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED.

I.E. and firefox as well, no connection.

Thank you for your help in advance!

A:Can connect but can't browse internet

Update, I am able to browse in safe mode with network... but unable to in normal mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-but-cant-browse-internet.212468/
Relevancy 20.21%

Alright I ll make it short but informative I can t connect cable able internet Only via to ethernet to connect to the internet without an ethernet cable I have tried pressing the laptop s quot WiFi quot button but nothing has happened The light didn t even change I have tried Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable rebooting and going into BIOS to see Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable if there was on option there nothing I Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable have tried going into Device Manager and under quot Network Cards quot I got options I believe I had options though now I have only first I tried to deactivate it and the reactivate it but that just made it not work at all and when I got home and got my connection back I tried to update the drivers which is when I noticed I only had because I was at school when all showed up so I didn t have connection to update them but it just said that they were all up to date I have tried using the windows recovering tool to go back before the problem occurred Though I did get an error the first time due to my AVG being up so it couldn t complete but after that I tried doing it again with AVG off but the situation didn t change and I know the problem isn t with the router as the problem occurs with different WiFi s In the beginning it would only say quot can t connect to the internet quot over and over again but now it won t even show the available WiFi networks in the area Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Any suggestions at all? if you require more information in order to come up with a solution, just tell me what you need an ill try my best to figure it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.212310/
Relevancy 13.33%

I have a HP Pavilion Elite m9600t CTO Desktop PC that has 2 drives. One which clearly says it can do lightscribe and burning, however, everytime I try to burn a disk using any software(I've tried a couple) it says no drive that can burn was found....

Config Flags 0x00000000
It's kinda driving me crazy to the point where I'm not sure if I'm wrong or its wrong. Here are the drives I have:

Drive 1

Spoiler
ATAPI DVD D DH16D3S
Device ID IDE\CDROMATAPI_DVD_D__DH16D3S____________________SH12____\4&A9C04EF&0&0.1.0
Status 0x0180200a Started
Problem 0x00000000 (0)
Service wd
Capabilities 0x00000000
Class CDROM
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Drive 2

Spoiler
WJWDG UBKDE3C5U3 SCSI CdRom Device
Device ID SCSI\CDROM&VEN_WJWDG&PROD_UBKDE3C5U3&REV_1.03\5&36E5972&0&000000
Status 0x0180200a Started
Problem 0x00000000 (0)
Service cdrom
Capabilities 0x00000060
Config Flags 0x00000000
Class CDROM
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)

A:My computer can't burn disks?

They both appear to be ROM drives when reading the spoiler info.

The best I can tell, here is the "ATAPI DVD D DH16D3S" which is a ROM drive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106262
I can not find the second listing with the details provided. I'm assuming that is the drive pictured in the screenshot.

HP Pavilion Elite m9600t Desktop PC Product Specifications

Primary Optical Drive

Must select one of the following options:

16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA
Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner with LightScribe Technology
SuperMulti Blu-ray Disc burner with LightScribe Technology
​Click to expand...

There is lack of detail on HP's site as to which specific drives were used. The drive you pictured is not Blu-ray, so I'll assume the first listed drive is the one you have. The drive may need to pulled out of the case, to find out for sure which unit was used.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-cant-burn-disks.212153/
Relevancy 13.33%

I recently moved my computer from one side of my desk to the other and somehow it managed to make it so when I press the power button nothing happens. I've disassembled and reassembled the computer numerous times and tested the psu. The psu is working and it seems like the motherboard is the culprit. What is confusing me the most is that when I short the 24 pin connector to the motherboard then plug it in if I also press the power button I can turn on the computer. I dont see that as a permanent fix just in case it sleeps and I assume it is not good for the computer so I am looking for help on how to permanently fix my issue. Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-power-on-after-i-moved-it.212377/
Relevancy 11.61%

I have scoured the from computer, sounds" can speakers "computing my hear my through I internet for a solution to this and have found nothing First my dxdiag is attached I have had this issue for over a year now and I am getting fed up If I put my ear to my pc I can hear computer noises coming from it I can not compare it to another sound as there is nothing else to compare it too it just sounds like my CPU or Hard Drive thinking That doesnt bother me though I expect my computer to make some noise HOWEVER I dont expect to hear it in my speakers too I have a lot of speakers and a lot of headphones no they are not I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers the problem Right now I am using a knappenberger tube hooked up to a GK MB just cuz I can When I plug in any speakers I can hear the CPU sound through them regardless of the volume level I can turn the speaker all the way down and yet the sound will come through This leads me to believe I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers it is a grounding issue or electrical to some degree I would like to try physically grounding my case to see if it would eliminate this God awful feedback However I can not find a guide as to I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers the best way to do this or any other suggestions So here I am Help me and earn my eternal gratitude Some notes If I unplug all of my cables except power and the speaker cable I still hear it if I plug in my speaker cable to my monitor instead of my PC I still hear it Front port still hear it I have yet to try a different sound card as I dont have one Once I find one I will update nbsp

A:I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers

Checked some settings in the Bios, noticed the sound isnt there while navigating it. Static started once windows loaded. Maybe it is some sort of issue with the hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-hear-computing-sounds-from-my-computer-through-my-speakers.202182/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello I need to connect power/reset buttons to dell optiplex 620, but I just can't connect them anywhere on motherboard.

I need help as fast as possible

Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-620-connect-power-reset-buttons.212270/
Relevancy 19.35%

The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) trade show is in full swing this week with several technology giants on hand to show off their latest products. One of the early frontrunners for attention is HP's new DreamColor Z32x, a professional-grade...

Read more

A:HP's massive professional-grade 4K monitor features 10-bit color spectrum, IPS panel and more

The picture in picture feature is awesome

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hps-massive-professional-grade-4k-monitor-features-10-bit-color-spectrum-ips-panel-and-more.211399/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi I have an HP zbook white a K610m GPU. I want to play GTA V and I read on forums it helps to disable your gpu. howerver when I disabled my GPU the screes flashes black for like 1 sec and then my gpu isnt disabled. can you help me to resolve this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-wont-stay-disabled.212026/
Relevancy 13.33%

As the title implies I m currently having issues the first major issue is that my PC is turning on off and which the second is that my other hard drive suddenly up and Issue Invisible & HDD Computer Grounding disappeared on me My computer started to turn on and off on me for no reason while I was trouble shooting my initial problem of the HDD when I fiddled around inside my case Eventually ripping everything out of the case and quot card-boarding quot the motherboard which it worked and stayed on and as I gradually put everything back together it was all good until I sat the motherboard back onto the brass copper studs that sits inside the frame and screwed it in At that point my computer started to turn on and off again which lead me to believe it s some manner of a grounding issue Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD I have no clue on what to do at this point about going about this should I just get a new case made of plastic My current full tower case is all steel While I was watching a movie which was stored on my second hard drive is started to freeze lag repeat all that good stuff on me It froze my computer up completely and I was force to hard reset the computer when I booted my PC back up I found that my second hard drive had up and vanished on me So I went into my bios and saw it quot working quot I switch to ACHI to see if it ll make a difference but I got a BSoD so I left it at IDE At that point my computer gave me the option to quot repair windoe files quot or start normally Both options made my computer get stuck on the loading screen thankfully safe mode boots up fine So what could had caused this and how may I go about fixing it nbsp

A:Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD

I also swapped out the PSU with a spare I had lying around, didn't get any power from it so I reused my old one. Now I don't have power from that one either. So besides the "missing" HDD and a suddenly a "no longer working PSU "I'm assuming the motherboard is bad, opinions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-grounding-issue-invisible-hdd.211499/
Relevancy 13.33%

Okay so I am having an issue working out if my case will be able to hold my motherboard and graphics card Case Details Available Color Black Materials Steel body plastic Dimension x x mm x x inch (I Computer Building my First setup) changed W x H x D Net Weight kg lbs M B Type Micro-ATX ATX quot Drive Bays exposed quot Drive Bays exposed hidden quot Drive Bays hidden I O Panel USB x int USB x Mic x Audio x supports AC HD Audio Expansion Slots Cooling System Front mm fan x optional or mm fan x Building First Computer (I changed my setup) optional Rear mm black fan x pre-installed Side left mm or mm fan x optional Side right mm fan x optional Building First Computer (I changed my setup) Power Supply Type Standard ATX PS EPS V optional Maximum Compatibility VGA card length mm inch with HDD cage CPU cooler height mm inch Now Ill list my other parts I have They should Building First Computer (I changed my setup) also be links if they are not links just search the name WD quot Green TB WD EZRX SATA M RPM HDD Patriot Signature GB Kit Gx DDR - - PSD G KH Samsung SATA x Black DVD RW Gigabyte N - GI N SL- GL DDR GT PCI-E VGA Card Intel BX G Pentium G GHz MB LGA ASRock H M Anniversary Motherboard nbsp

A:Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

From the case details you have supplied (Motherboard type: Micro ATX or ATX and maximum video card length of 320mm) you are well within the parameters of having everything fit.
ASRock H97M motherboard is a Micro ATX board.
Gigabyte N730-2GI video card is 185mm in length.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer-i-changed-my-setup.210947/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello there, so here is the really weird problem I am having

When I connect pc to pc monitor, it gives black screen (the ms-dos screen were you have the "_" blinking on the left top)

When I connect pc to my TV, it works all good.

Here is the strange part:

When I connect my pc to my TV and it works, if I unplug the cord and connect it back to pc monitor, without shutting down the pc, IT WORKS! ...

graphic card : geforce750, hdmi cable

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

A:Really strange graphic card pc monitor and TV problem

Try updating your video card drivers

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/83080

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-strange-graphic-card-pc-monitor-and-tv-problem.211182/
Relevancy 20.64%

Ever since I setup a KVM switch to have 2 computers sharing 1 monitor/keyboard/mouse, I have had monitor problems.

There is a subtle but noticeable wobble/ wavey-ness thing happening across the screen when connected to one of my computers (my AMD).

Also, my display (with AMD computer) has a stretched horizontally look. I have tried different screen resolutions but they all give this stretched look which I didn't have before.

And my AMD used to give 1920 x 1080 as an option for max resolution, but this is now capped at 1600 x 1200.

Please help as this is very annoying & looks awful. The specs of the KVM switch say "Max. Resolution: 1920 x 1440. Bandwidth: 200MHZ"

My AMD computer:
Windows 7 64 bit SP1.
AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz.
4GB Ram.

Philips 226V3L.

Video card ATI Radeon HD 4350

A:KVM issue with monitor

What is the make and model of the KVM switch you purchased? I have tried lower quality switches at my work and found similar results. Ended up having to get one of the more expensive / better brand ones that solved the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-issue-with-monitor.210931/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 19.78%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently got this amazing p monitor for my custom rig and I love it Well most of it There is this problem with the backlight where when the monitor turns on after a while of inactivity the backlight turns on Monitor Backlight ASUS an with Issue VK-248h for a split second Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight then suddenly goes very dim Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight The brightness setting Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight is unchanged kept at a solid yet it s a quarter as bright as it should be I can go into the menu and change the brightness and I can tell faintly that it does adjust but never up to the proper level To remedy the issue I repeatedly turn the monitor off and on until the display finally lights up properly and it stays that way for the entire time I am using it At the start of the session in which I write this post I had to do this at least times before it worked so I finally decided to really look into this problem It seems this is a unique issue as I found absolutely no matching posts on the interwebs by searching with the all-mighty Google Search Is there anyone that can provide some insight as to why this occurs and or how to fix it Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

New theory: Bad capacitors... somewhere. Possibly power supply

After a day at work, observing some coworkers working on used LCD TVs (and working on one myself), I now understand quite a bit more about such things.

I had removed the display from my setup and left it on the floor for a few days. Today, I decided to try it again. The backlight started up perfectly fine, surprisingly. The ASUS screen showed for a couple seconds, then went off, as normal. Then, when it's supposed to activate the selected display input, it shows the screen for just long enough to get half a frame drawn, then goes completely black. Turning monitor off and on repeatedly, and trying different input methods, gave same result. I got it to work once, but at that time the backlight had gone too dim again.

I think now I might know how to fix it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to take the dang thing apart! Lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-an-asus-vk-248h-monitor-backlight.209650/
Relevancy 20.21%

Whenever I connect my external hard disk to my laptop, my computer freezes as soon as I My Computer to access it or click on 'Open to view files' in the autorun menu. I cannot do once this happens. Not even task manager can be opened. The computer unfreezes and starts working fine after I unplug my hard disk. But it works just fine on my friend's laptop.
This started happening a few days ago. Till then I could use the hard disk normally without any problems. Can anyone please help me out with this problem?
My operating system is windows 7 and I am using Avast Internet Security 7 antivirus

A:My laptop freezes when I connect an external HDD

What type of external HDD is it? Of what Brand?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes-when-i-connect-an-external-hdd.180809/
Relevancy 20.21%

Is there a way to connect a displayport monitor to an IBM style PC? Found a new monitor in my brother-in-law estate and was wonder if there is a way to use it. Thanks for any help

A:How can I run a displayPort monitor on a PC using Windows 7

If the monitor and the video card in u'r computer have the same connections, and u have a power cable for it. It should work if it is new as u say. Try it and see. That should not cost anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-run-a-displayport-monitor-on-a-pc-using-windows-7.209543/
Relevancy 13.33%

I have done some research and have not found a solution to my problem.

I plug in my HDD (Fantom Drive, Green Drive) and I hear the 2tone sound when I plug it into my USB2.0 port.
My computer then searches for a driver. It decides a suitable driver for what I plugged in is called "Initio Default Controller". I got this information from the Device Manager.
I have looked in my "computer and right clicked "manage". The HDD is not listed. I have used more than one USB cord, ports, and 2 different computers with the same problem.
Both the computers are running windows 7 64bit. One is a laptop (ASUS) and a desktop(HP).

Can someone please help me with this problem.

Thanks,
Chris&Dawn

A:External HDD not recognized by my computer

So I said the facts but I never mentioned exactly what the issue is. sorry.

When I open my computer when the external HDD is plugged in, it's not there. I can't save files in it, open anything, it's just not there.

Also the icon that pops up that lets you "remove hardware safley" in the bottom right is not there. Also the external hard drive does not show up on any programs like "Defraggler" or "Speccy"

Thanks,
Chris&Dawn

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-not-recognized-by-my-computer.176212/
Relevancy 12.9%

With Broadwell and Skylake desktop CPUs expected to launch next quarter, the urge to upgrade my computer has never been stronger.

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What CPU powers your computer?

Got an i5-2500k in my gaming computer, and a C2Q Q8200 in my home server. Because of the small enclosures they are in I have not overclocked them, with the watercooled 2500k being in a Prodigy case stuffed to the gills, and the Q8200 is in a 2U rack case.

Not sure about the server, but I know with Star Citizen in the distant horizon, I'm very compelled to upgrade around the end of the year. This is driven less by my CPU and more by my graphics card (watercooled GTX 570) and memory, which I only have 8GB.

edit: oh yeah, and my XPS 12 has an i5-4210.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-cpu-powers-your-computer.208477/
Relevancy 12.9%

A factory AMD or Intel heatsink is something I simply won't consider when building a computer. I acquired my first aftermarket cooler 15 years ago to assist in overclocking an AMD Athlon 500 (it reached 800MHz with help from a...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What heatsink / water kit cools your computer?

Mine is water cooled. Except instead of liquid its solid. And instead of water its aluminum. And instead of a pump its got a fan. Its actually a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-heatsink-water-kit-cools-your-computer.209240/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have been having a problem on several devices conecting to my WiFi router saying there is a problem with Authentication. I have just relised that if I disconect the ethernet cable from my desktop computer to the router the WiFi works without porblems and as soon as I reconnect it I cant connect to the WiFi anymore. I using windows 8.1.

Any suggestions?

A:Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

What is the make and model of your WiFi router? It sounds like a setting is enabled within the router that is giving precedent to your Ethernet connection over your wifi connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-when-lan-connected.208892/
Relevancy 20.64%

I need to have an IPS monitor for doing my digital illustrations.
Currently, I only have my laptop's display to use but it's not really good.
I'm only starting out and still in the learning stage so I can't go for very expensive ones.

Also, even though IPS panels are already very common, stores in my area only has few models and brands available.

I'm choosing between these:

Asus VX239H 23" Widescreen IPS LED Monitor

LG IPS MONITOR MP65

LG 23EA63V

Dell S2240L

I've done some research on it but I would really like to have a second opinion and know which would be the best choice.
I'm also open for other suggestions. I just hope it's available here in the Philippines.

Thank you in advance.

A:Need Help Choosing IPS Monitor

I am using 2x Dell U2412M, eIPS panel, great viewing angles, great colors, great response time (gaming). And it's 16:10, not squeezed like the 16:9 options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-ips-monitor.208801/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a monitor that I want to get connected to my HP 210 mini notebook. What will I do in order that my computer be able to detect the external monitor connected to it. I already installed the driver of the monitor.

A:Not Detecting the External Monitor Connected with a netbook

Connecting a monitor to a laptop should be simple. Most laptops automatically pick it up and ask if you want to start using it and how (Duplicate, Extend, Screen 1 OR Screen 2).

There are a few different ways to switch to it, on laptops there's usually a " FN" Key (If no "FN" Key, substitute with CTRL sometimes), and across the F1-F12 keys (sometimes the 1-9 keys..) there as symbols. You want to press the one that looks like a monitor and it should bring up an On Screen Display that shows you choices, and while holding the FN(Or CTRL) key and pressing it again it should change it to the other options as previously mentioned.

The other option depends on what operating system you have on the laptop. Win7, 8, Vista, XP? (I assume 7 or 8)

Anyways let me know if that helped narrow it down, otherwise we'll try the last step which is in basic terms: Control Panel > Display Settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-detecting-the-external-monitor-connected-with-a-netbook.208635/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hopefully someone can answer this as im baffle, my computer will turn on and of with no problem as ling my printer is plug in but if printer cable unplug it won't turn on but if printer cable in plug in it will turn on but while the comptuer turn on and I unplug the printer cable it will shut down nothin making since but as long the printer is unplug it will not start or boot blank screen but printer plug in I can get to the boot or cmos screen please help Thanks

PS it a Dell PP17L Latitude

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-turn-on-if-printer-not-plug-in.208502/
Relevancy 19.78%

How can I setup multiple monitor in Eyefinity?

My Card is Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x 2GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...DUAL-X_R9_270X_2GB-_-9SIA2RY1DG6402-_-Product I Have 2
Connections are I have 2 Monitors connected on 1 Card then 1 Monitor for the other
All of it are in DVI
Problem is in Eyefinity I don't know how to setup for it to be only one whole desktop

A:Setting Up Multiple Monitor with 2 Graphics Card in Eyefinity

I would check this thread out: http://goo.gl/4z2Azv

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-multiple-monitor-with-2-graphics-card-in-eyefinity.202756/
Relevancy 12.9%

Hi all. I've got this issue with my graphic card (fresh and crispy by the way - 1 month old). Few days ago I was just browsing web when suddenly blue screen came out of nowhere on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC. Ever since then when computer boots screen is filled mozaic-like with green squares, after few seconds it's changing to vertical lines. Obviously Windows window manager won't open at all, and it greets me with black screen. After I deactivated graphic card, and switched cable to main boards VGA port computer runs ok.

I've seen some similar threads on techspot suggesting that due to escessive dust 'consuption' GPU can overheat and irreverisbly burn therefore. Is it possible that the same thing occured here?

A:Green squares on computer boot, Nvidia GTS 250

It's what I've seen on the screen when one of my graphics cards has died. As it's almost new changing it shouldn't be a problem. It's more likely to be a faulty graphics card than dust. Double check that it's seating properly in its port and that the video cable is OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/green-squares-on-computer-boot-nvidia-gts-250.208163/
Relevancy 20.21%

I remember some time ago I found a option which made my computer connect itself to the internet but now I cant find it.Help?

A:Have to manually connect to the internet on startup

Make and Model of computer? What Operating System are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-manually-connect-to-the-internet-on-startup.207918/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi, I have a MSI g31m3 v2 s-7529 motherboard and wont turn on.
I change the power supply
I put on some themical paste in the cpu
I put away all hard drivers
but didnt work, only the fan turn on then its turn off
I think the motherboard dosent work.

A:Motherboard wont turn on

Please provide list of make and model for everything you have for this setup (CPU, RAM, GPU, Hard Drives, Optical Drives, Power Supply, Aftermarket coolers, etc.). We need to make sure that you have all compatible parts.
Also, have you tried to disconnect all things except the power supply connection to the motherboard, CPU & RAM and see if the motherboard starts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-wont-turn-on.208015/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently just built a gaming PC with my friend I have installed all of the drivers for the GPU from the installation disk it came displays dark. Build. glitches goes then New problem? Monitor GPU with Windows has been updated fully also besides three updates that continue to fail They are just security updates they may or may not be the problem The PC runs fine and the display will show New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem? clear and crisp for about half an hour until New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem? glitches will start to appear in the screen and next the monitor will appear black The light is still on and the PC is still running whatever it was last I know this because it did it during a driver installation and after I waited an hour and then restarted the PC the driver install was done Often after I restart the PC nothing will show up at all If I wait awhile and get lucky it will boot up normal The glitches happen most often when I try to run a game The mentioned updates continue to fail and idk why I have ran a troubleshoot for the PC as well and the it says no driver can be found for the PCI Simple Communications Controller After I choose to search for the driver online or on my computer it says no driver found During a Windows Update failure I got another error message concerning my graphics driver saying a problem could ve occurred because a graphics driver is missing Yet the program GPU Tweak that was installed with the disk says that everything s up-to-date When I try to update manually it says the sam thing This computer was not expensive I can post exact specs when I can get back into it and maybe some pics Specs Not listed is a terabyte of memory blu-ray burner and and an msi Z -G Gaming motherboard I have a strong internet connection and am using a DVI port for the monitor I have ruled out the monitor as the problem Before I said the PC was NOT expensive I meant NOT cheap I spent around on the parts nbsp

A:New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem?

Looking at the screen shot of GPU-Z it appears you are running a AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA drivers. I would suggest downloading the latest drivers from AMD: AMD Catalyst Omega Drivers 14.12. Then go into your control panel and completely uninstall the amd catalyst from your computer. Once completed, you may need to reboot the computer. After reboot, install the newest drivers from the link I posted above. Do so and then try again to produce same error results. Let us know if it works or not so we can try other options, or resolve the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-monitor-displays-glitches-then-goes-dark-gpu-problem.207947/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello everyone I m having a problem that I cannot understand at all with my old Acer AL W monitor As I turn on the screen it shows whatever it is recieving for about one second then goes black but still getting the goes black Monitor signal The only thing that makes it show anything again is to turn it of then on again and the same thing happens It shows what it s recieving for a second and goes back to Monitor goes black black It has not shown any messages of not recieving a signal but the screen stays black I can t even use the monitors own menu since that is blacked out too I don t wan t to replace it Monitor goes black though that s what I think must be done in the end so I had to post it here for all of you who know much more than I do Here s what I ve tried so far with no luck the same problem in every scenario changed port on GFX Changed cable Tried connecting it to another GFX the onboard port and another PC Tried disconnecting power to monitor and holding the power button before retry Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Monitor goes black

Looks like u need a new monitor, I say it is worn out. do not get me wrong some can last for 10 to 20 years and others will fail in a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black.208011/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello,
I have recently got a second monitor from a friend, and connected it via DVI to my Graphics card (AMD Radeon R290) next to my old monitor (both monitors are plugged in the same graphics card)
Everything worked fine, but now when I turn on the PC, the new monitor wont light up, the powerbutton does nothing, all other buttons do nothing, BUT the monitor is on, I can do stuff on it (drag the mouse on there, open a window and drag it to the working screen etc.)
When I restart the PC over and over, eventually the monitor does turn on, but it seem completly random.
I checked the powercord, exchanged the DVI cord with a HDMI cord, but nothing helps.
I think the monitor just doesnt get the signal to turn on the light but virtual it is there.
Should I try to reinstall the graphics card driver? Or is the problem in the monitor?

A:LG Monitor not turning on as second Monitor

I would try reinstalling the graphic driver. See if that helps. If not someone here should have a few ideals. That might help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-monitor-not-turning-on-as-second-monitor.207800/
Relevancy 20.21%

About or months ago I switched to a new internet provider whom also sent me a new modem Problem is is that To My Party Modem How 3rd To Connect Provider's New My Service? this new modem prevents my burglar alarm s dial out alert system from contacting my nominated phone numbers during an activation test If I turn off the modem there is no problem the alarm works perfectly This would be fine except that my brother in law lives next door and uses my internet connection so it is inconvenient if I m away and have to switch the modem off to have the alarm fully functional Prior to the provider change over I was using a rd party TP-Link TD-W ND modem with my prior service provider This modem caused no problems at all with the function of the burglar alarm when left on Therefore I would like to use the TP-Link modem again but I can t get it to work on the new service From memory the modem that was supplied by the new provider was basically plug and play and all I did was just cable it in and there was no keyboard work required This is why I don t know why the TP modem doesn t work since I didn t change anything Evidently there are some How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service? configurations that do need altering but I haven t got a clue Any help or ideas Tom nbsp

A:How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service?

Hello there, You need to apply the appropriate ADSL and network settings on the modem so it can connect to your new provider's network. The ISP support should provide those. Hope you get it up and running soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-my-3rd-party-modem-to-my-new-providers-service.207609/
Relevancy 33.54%

I recently bought several Dell Optiplex GX computers online for repair I usually do a thorough review of what I am getting but this was a a with VGA Help DVI-D on port computer monitor using a cheap deal on a big lot and a few things slipped by me For one it takes a special power cord that I can t find for less than and there were none Help using a VGA monitor with a DVI-D port on computer with the lot I ordered one to test them with for now but that is not my main problem but if anyone knows where I can get those DA- adapter power cords any cheaper please let me know where My main problem is that these are the small form factor cases so they have no card slots I am dependent upon the motherboard options only So here is my problem the only connector for a monitor on the back of the computer is for a DVI-D which would be great if I had monitors with those connections The only connections I have on my monitors are the VGA I bought some adapters from e-bay that were supposed to convert the DVI port to the VGA which the connector did but I have no screen using this adapter and I am thinking that I was cheated Can this even be done this way I have always just changed the video card but this computer has no way I can see to do that it is all in the motherboard Does anyone know what I can do here I put a fresh install of io xp pro on several of then since that is what they came with They only have pentium s with hyperthreading and single core processors and I didn t think windows would help any If anyone knows what I can do to use these VGA monitors please tell me because without being able to put a video card in it I am lost sincerely cableman nbsp

A:Help using a VGA monitor with a DVI-D port on computer

Your best bet for Global spares is www.pchub.com.

As to the DVI to D-Sub you did the right thing in buying an adapter. It should work period. Did you get the joblot from eBay? Was it sold as untested? Are the PCs even powering on? Maybe there are issues with memory/cpu/motherboard....

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx620/en/ug/A02/solve00.htm#wp1286323

Yes you have to be very careful when upgrading the CPUs for this unit as they follow a narrower roadmap. Top line CPU would appear to be a Pentium D3.4Ghz which worked in a GX620 usff with bios revision A11.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-using-a-vga-monitor-with-a-dvi-d-port-on-computer.172534/
Relevancy 20.21%

This all started after I reset the router putting in new pass code I m using same name of the old SSID When you click to Windows SSID was to unable connect on the wireless network connection on the name of my SSID on connect it saying Getting information from SSID this sounds like Windows was unable to connect to SSID good thing that windows can see the router and talk to it Type in the network key same thing looks like windows can see the router and talk Windows was unable to connect to SSID to it I type in the network key and OK Than it is saying windows was unable to connect to SSID name I have set up other computers and it can connect but this one computer running windows cannot I have the pass code down on paper and other computers can connect So wrong pass code is not the case The only thing I can think of is is computers using the old profile or my network card may need to be reset When I open networking sharing center and click on manage wireless networks I removed the old profiles in the list But I m not sure if there is still some kind of conflict or the old setting still there some where Well because I m using the same SSID despite the router reset and new pass code I m not sure why I cannot connect unless Windows was unable to connect to SSID the windows thinks I m connecting to the old SSID I tried to restart the computer and no change nbsp

A:Windows was unable to connect to SSID

Force the system to forget that SSD and then reboot.
Now look for it again and enter the passphrase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-ssid.207365/
Relevancy 13.33%

My computer is being running slow and is choppy also, I'm making sure the system is clean right now.

A:Computer slow and choppy

Problem solved, runned some anti-malaware programs and cleaned my computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-slow-and-choppy.207403/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a Windows 7 HP desktop system that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable. The system says it is connected, and a ping confirms it is accessing the internet. BUT, all the browsers say the computer is not connected to the internet (tried Chrome, Firefox and IE). All of the Microsoft network adapters (6to4, ISATAP adapter, ISATAP adapter #2, Teredo Tunneling Adapter) shown under device manager cannot start (Code 10). the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is the only network adapter shown as working properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Let me know if there is any other information needed to help me.

A:Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Does your router see this computer on the network?
Are you on Private Network or Home Network?
Is the IP address showing 192.168.x.x or is it showing 169.xx.xx.xx?

NIC network card you can do a few things. You can can disable it and re-able it.
Open dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: ipconfig /release
type: ipconfig /renew

Give this a sec or two.

Now under services.msc (use the control panel and type services)
Select view local services
Scroll down for
DHCP Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it
DNS Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it

If none of the above work go into the device manager. under control panel type: device manager. click on device manager

-Network adapters
-Realtek PCI-e this one uninstall the drivers (BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM)

Two options here.
One: Scan computer for new hardware changes
Two: Reboot the PC

Choose Two, because Windows will re-install the drivers and setup network card settings. for you. The Choosing One would do that same but you really want to flush out any prior issues that got you to this point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-computer-says-connect-via-ethernet-and-ping-confirms-but-cannot-get-to-any-page.207373/
Relevancy 20.21%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 13.33%

Hey , I am not good at computers
plz help me to choose the best and cheap graphic card for my computer
the details of my computer are:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PAWAN-PC
System Manufacturer WIPRO
System Model MS-7267
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz, 2792 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.21B6, 9/10/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name pawan-PC\pawan
Time Zone India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 211 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.99 GB
Available Virtual Memory 921 MB
Page File Space 1.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

A:What's the best and cheap video card for my computer?

I don't think that GPU will make any difference in your 'rig'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-and-cheap-video-card-for-my-computer.207332/
Relevancy 29.67%

I was given my prebuild gaming PC (gateway FX6840) as a gift a couple years ago and, while it runs fine, there seems like there is room for improvement. I was wondering what I should upgrade to increase performance, and I am pretty new to the PC upgrading world.
current set up:
ATI radeon HD 5700 series
8 GB DDR3
1TB HDD
intel core i7 860 2.80GHz

A:Upgrading pre-built PC

What is your upgrade budget (How much can you spend)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-pre-built-pc.207251/
Relevancy 12.9%

When I am playing a video with any browser it is very choppy (sound and video).
Even Window sounds are choppy. It seems like if I move the mouse it gets worse.

Computer is very slow to open programs, even though the system idle process
is at 99% before starting another progam. This happens even when no browser is open and the
anti-virus software is disabled.

I don't know is this is a software or hardware issue.

A:Computer very slow. Choppy video and audio playback from browsers

Post this here:
http://www.techspot.com/community/forums/virus-and-malware-removal.28/
See if they can help with this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-very-slow-choppy-video-and-audio-playback-from-browsers.207159/
Relevancy 19.78%

We just bought a monitor U2713H direct from Dell.

When we click on Factory Reset, the monitor doesn?t go back to Factory default setting.

-In particular, Contrast/Brightness: 0.
In terms of Color Setting, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie

-Then we click on Reset Color Settings, Input Color Format: RGB, Preset Modes: Standard.

-When click on Factory Reset again, Contrast/Brightness and Color Setting come back to the same condition as above (Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie).

-After we try to set up Contrast/Brightness to 50/50, we shut down desktop or turn off the power button on the monitor. Then we turn on computer or turn on power button on the monitor, Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input Color Format: None, Preset Modes: Movie.

-In summary, all menu settings can?t be saved by the monitor and Factory Reset doesn?t work.

Any idea would be highly appreciated. Thank you a lot in advance

A:Dell monitor U2713H error: settings can't be saved

What I would suggest is ask Dell if they would warenty it new it should have one and Dell should honor it. I would say they will but I have not done business with them in years, although the monitor I am using right now is one of theirs and is many years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-monitor-u2713h-error-settings-cant-be-saved.207032/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have been looking around and cant find a cut and dry answer to my problem.

What I'm looking to do I set up 6 monitors on 2 gtx 980's. My question is if its possible to have 3 monitors running in landscape as well as 3d and the other 3 as separate workspaces. Or can you only get 3 total monitors to work with nvidia 3d. And it gets more complicated when SLI comes into the picture since I would like to maximize my cards. But correct me if I'm wrong, SLI essentially turns my 2 cards into 1 not allowing me to utalize all the video ports on the 2nd card. Meaning I won't even be able to accommodate 6 monitors? I may just have to do without SLI.

So again. 3 monitors in surround 3d. 3 monitors not inside the 3d or surround environment. Off of 2 Gtx 980's. Possible? If not is there a way to accomplish this with other hardware.

Thanks for your time. SF

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/6-monitor-display-without-sacrificing-3d.207179/
Relevancy 12.9%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL modem for accessing Internet in my home. I think my wifi password is stolen. I wanna change it but I have a computer only in my office and use the Internet in my home by my iPhone. Is there a way to change that password with my iPhone or should I surely use a computer to do that work, please?

A:How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

Hello abbasi ,
You can use your iPhone to log in the router and change the wireless settings, however this isn't usually recommended. If something goes wrong when configuring the wireless settings and you are not able to connect to the router you'll need a device that can be connected via Ethernet cable to restore the access.
If this router is supplied by your ISP you can ask them if they have remote access to it to change the password.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-wifi-password-of-an-adsl-modem-without-a-computer.207093/
Relevancy 13.33%

I need a computer that can handle video editing, mainly Final Cut Pro and Adobe Suite. Right now I have a 5-year-old MacBook Pro that can't manage FCP let alone run any programs smoothly and quickly. I can't afford a MacPro, so I've been considering iMacs. What's my cheapest option that will get the job done? I've heard you can buy PCs and install Mac OS. Would that be my best option? (Having PC capabilities would be awesome, for light gaming). I want to save money but I don't want to buy anything that isn't equipped to handle video editing well (cause then I'm just wasting money). I want to stick with Mac OS, but I don't care about the design or whatever, so I'd happily get a PC and put Mac on it, but I don't know how I would go about doing that. So if you have any suggestions or advice, please let me know! Thanks!!

A:Buying new computer/OS for video editing

What is your budget (how much can you spend) for this new computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-computer-os-for-video-editing.207058/
Relevancy 20.21%

I laptop My wirelessly to will the connect not internet have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable Suddenly for no apparent reason about a week ago it stopped working All that I had done was turn on my quot Guest Account quot and download Skype It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range We have another laptop which we use from My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet the exact same location within the My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet house and this connects no problem it also finds another or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood I know that there is not a problem with my router modem as I can connect via my other computer I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair I know with most computer based things uninstalling and reinstalling it can work tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network cannot now find where it is to reinstall If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers I really don t know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet

bangj001 said:

I have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, about a week ago it stopped working.

All that I had done was turn on my "Guest Account" and download Skype. It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen, there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range.

We have another laptop which we use from the exact same location within the house and this connects no problem, it also finds another 7 or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood.

I know that there is not a problem with my router/modem as I can connect via my other computer. I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy.

I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy.... I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair!! I know with most computer based things, uninstalling and reinstalling it can work... tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network...cannot now find where it is to reinstall!

If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this, please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers, I really don't know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms! Thanks in advanceClick to expand...

I assume you're using some sort of windows machine. Have you tried a system restore to a previous state when the OS used to work?
if not you should try that first by going to Programs>accesories>system tools> system re-store and select a time from when the laptop used to work fine.

Mm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-will-not-connect-wirelessly-to-the-internet.158976/
Relevancy 13.33%

I have been thinking about buying a really good Gaming Computer, and now I have no idea which computer or specs to actually get. I want something cheap but don't mind expensive. I also heard that custom built computers are better than already engineered computers. I was checking out http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-B85-Configurator but like I said I don't know what specs to get for this computer. I want a computer that can support any game like any call of duty, minecraft, LoL, WoW, etc. and maybe posting videos on YouTube or others. Please help and thank you for your attention.

Please comment the specs

A:A good gaming computer

That is a good place to have a computer built as far as specs go there is no computer specs that have to be met, a good PSU is good in any machine, a reasonable mobo is needed in any machine. I prefer ASUS but they will be the highest if top of the line. if u are going to overclock make sure it is over clockable and make sure the processor is over
clockcable and yes they both have the ability, although the board will just put the # down. any video card will play games, but the newer ones should give u more frames, and last longer. as far as the processor AMD or Intel will be fine. and that site will e-mail u if the MOBO and processor will not work together.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-good-gaming-computer.206756/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello..
I have problem with my LG Flatron L246WH monitor..
This is actually problem
Capacitors seems to be ok Pic 1 Pic 2
Any ideas??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem.206973/
Relevancy 12.47%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 19.78%

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-router-tp-link-740n.206843/
Relevancy 20.64%

Viewsonic
Model: vx2035wm

Power light blinks blue but no picture. I swapped it out with CRT monitor with no issues on the CRT monitor. How hard is it if I fix it myself? Whats the name of the part I need to fix this and where to buy the part?

A:No Picture on LCD Monitor

From the info you provided, it's hard to exactly tell what is wrong with your monitor. Most likely you have some capacitors or some transistors that have "burnt up" (failed). You have the blinking light which means that you are still getting some power to it, but not the full amount needed. Looking up the information on the monitor, it is from either 2007 or 2008. My best suggestion is to get a new one. This is not something that is quick and simple to fix. Most of the time when something like this happens, you have to unsolder parts and then solder new parts back on to the board. Also, finding available parts for the monitor might create another challenge. If you are comfortable with this type of repair work, then take the cover off and start looking for "burnt" parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-picture-on-lcd-monitor.206666/
Relevancy 12.9%

My 320 GB Seagate external hard drive is detected but not showing up in my computer. What should I do?

In cmd> diskpart> list volume it does not show up. (screenshot attached)

In Device Manager it gets detected. (screenshot attached)

In disk management it shows up as 'unallocated'. If I initialize it, will I lose all data on the drive? It had 4 partitions. (screenshot attached)

In My Computer also it does not show up. (screenshot attached)
Even BIOS recognizes it.

What to do? I don't want to lose any data on the drive. If I initialize it in device manager will I lose data?

I was installing window XP on my computer, usually I remove the external drive but this time I did not. The external drive was shown as 4 drives in partition manager during installation. But the installation failed. The next time I was installing windows again, the external drive was shown as 1 single unknown or unrecognized drive. I'm not sure if it was unknown or unrecognized. I'm sure I didn't format it. So what I need to do now? I don't want to lose any data.

A:Seagate external hard drive not showing up in my computer. It is detected.

Yes, if you initialize it you will 'lose' everything. You will want to try something like [email protected] Recovery or maybe Easeus Partition Recovery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-it-is-detected.205926/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi. This is my first post on this forum.

I would like to ask some help regarding a problem with my internet connection. Connecting our separate PC and my Laptop to my LAN works perfectly fine but when I use our wireless network to connect my laptop and phone, that's when the problem occurs. I tried rebooting the router (unplugging the power switch, cables and such). And I also tried rebooting my phone and laptop but nothing works. I also tried looking at the router settings and tried changing the security settings to none to see if I can connect but still cant.
I just don't know what the problem is. Can you help me?
Thank you.

A:Can connect to LAN but not on wireless network

Hey strings12. A bit more info on your equipment would be helpful.
1) What is the OS (Operating System) and Service Pack Level of your laptop, SP1,2,3 ?. rIght click on My Computer icon and select Properties
2) Are we talking about one laptop here?
3)Is your router secured and what encryption method are you using, WEP,WPA or WPA2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-to-lan-but-not-on-wireless-network.198872/
Relevancy 19.78%

I use a nice old Asus VW266 27" LCD monitor that's at least 5 years old.

Recently, it suddenly started taking several minutes to finally detect a signal after turning on the computer.

When the computer is off, the power light on the monitor is orange. When I turn on my computer, it blinks blue until it detects a signal, at which point it goes solid blue. This takes about 3 minutes during which time the monitor is off (no logo, no backlight).

Once the monitor finally "warms up", it suddenly detects a signal and instantly turns on (no "fade in"). I connected it to on-board video to rule out my video card. Once it starts working, it's perfect. Runs fine for hours. No flicker, no fading, no outages.

So, is my monitor dying? What might be wrong and is there a way to fix it w/o spending a fortune? (it is very hard to find affordable 16:10 monitors nowadays, so I'm not anxious to replace it.)

Thx.

A:Monitor taking minutes to start. Is it dying? Fixable?

I think this is easy to fix ...
Don't worry
Just some tests must be done by a technician to know what exactly is happening

You may also try to unplug the monitor after it detects the signal and reconnect it to see what will happen ... This may make it more easy to determine what is wrong

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-taking-minutes-to-start-is-it-dying-fixable.205974/
Relevancy 18.06%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi. New guy here. I'm an oldtimer...cut my teeth on tubes and ended up as a 2-way radio and power plant tech. Retired at that point and didn't keep up much with the digital age. I have a compaq fp5315 computer monitor with an audio problem....either lots of noise when volume is normal, or at times no noise, but very low volume. Can't find any scematics and don't want to tear it apart until I know a little more about where to look. Is the audio board in the monitor or in the computer tower? The connecting cord checks ok and the usual plug-wiggling doesn't make any difference. If the audio board is in the tower, is the audio coming from the tower a normal low-impedance speaker feed or like a 600 ohm? Don't think it's just a simple speaker problembecause it has two speakers and both sound the same and the odds are that both wouldn't be bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem-with-compaq-fp5315.206548/