Windows Support Forum

Sims 2 expansion packs

Q: Sims 2 expansion packs

I have successfully loaded the sims 2 on my e drive. When loading sims 2 expansion packs on the e drive , when I get to the final step of inserting the 4th disc of theoriginal sims 2 to finish off the installation I am told that 'can't read disc' despite the 4th disc previously being OK. I have previously had all sims 2 expansion packs work happily on my computer. The problem is trying to load them onto the e drive. Is there a particular way of creating folders within the e drive that would help?At tthe moment its like expansion packs can't find original sims 2 to 'talk to'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-expansion-packs.634032/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sims 2 expansion packs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 106.21%

Hi everyone

I have a copied DVD version of the Sims 2, my friend gave me the Sims 2 University expansion pack. When I install it the program will say put in Sims 2 Disc 4, i put my sims 2 dvd but the program dosent seems to reconise it, anyway of solving this???

any help is greatly appreciated

A:The Sims 2 expansion packs

Closing thread, as stated below:

Circumventing Copy Protection - While we believe it's reasonable to make backup copies of CDs and DVDs that you own, a lot of people break copy protection for the wrong reasons. The law is still vague, at best, as to if it is legal to break copy protection in order to make such a backup, even for personal use. (The DMCA, for example, seems to make it illegal.) As a result, we do not allow discussion of how to break copy protection at this time. If we can find a nice way to draw the line, we may reconsider this in the future as laws get sorted out.

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-sims-2-expansion-packs.650051/
Relevancy 104.92%

I installed The Sims 2 quite a while ago, and it plays perfectly fine, no problems whatsoever, however, I'm having some problems with installing the expansion packs.

I install the The Sims 2: University expansion pack perfectly fine, but when it gets to the "Update Game" section, which requires putting in the Disc 4 of the base game, the update completely crashes and cancels the install. It says that the update is stopped responding, and then it crashes.

Could anyone help me, please?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/274142-problem-sims-2-expansion-packs.html
Relevancy 104.06%

my computer meets all requirements for sims 2 and i have actually played it a couple of time but it keeps freezing when i try to load a neighboorhood. The nightlife expansion stops at 68% i really don't understand this problem Also i should mention when sims 2 crashes the whole system goes down clt+alt+del won't even work please help me

A:SIMS 2 and EXPANSION PACKS LAPTOP PROBLEMS

torreya said:

my computer meets all requirements for sims 2 and i have actually played it a couple of time but it keeps freezing when i try to load a neighboorhood. The nightlife expansion stops at 68% i really don't understand this problem Also i should mention when sims 2 crashes the whole system goes down clt+alt+del won't even work please help meClick to expand...

Since this hasn't been addressed already, I guess I'll try to help . First off, what are your laptop's specs? The requirements to run the base game and the requirements to run the EPs are different, moreover, they are both set ridiculously low so most systems may be able to "run" the games but not run them well.

Officially, straight from the box and the official Sims 2 site, the requirments for the Sims 2 as cited on by EA games are found here and the requirments for Nightlife are found here (note that these are the "minimum" requirements.)

In reality, what you need is more than that. For the base game, it is recommended that you have a 1.5 GHz processor, 512MB of RAM (if you have a processor better than 1.5 GHz you could probably get away with running it at 256MB of RAM), and definitely more than 32MB video card (like the official requirements state) double that should do it but 128MB should run it smoothly. If your running on Vista, you need even more than these recommendations, though.

For expansion packs, you should have like 2.0 or 2.5 GHz processor (something in that area) and about 256MB on your video card, also a newer, more efficient video card is recommend but not highly since the games don't exactly rely heavily on the video card like most other games do. No, what you need is loads of RAM and a good CPU. As for RAM, for EPs, 1 GB should really run the game well. Make sure to update your drivers as well to get the best of your video card.

Well, that should give you a general idea of what it takes to run the Sims 2 and any other games in the Sims 2 series. If your current computer doesn't meet these recommended specifications, you can expect that kind of poor performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-and-expansion-packs-laptop-problems.578766/
Relevancy 104.06%

I just borrowed Sims 2 University from a friend so I ninstalled the latest one (so i can give her university back) and installed University. But it won't run. The splash screen comes up and then goes away (as normal) bt the game just doesn't come on. Do I have to uninstall everything and put university first? Do they HAVE to be in order? please help

Thanks, Becky x
NB: Never mind, I've worked it out now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sims-2-expansion-packs-in-order.757885/
Relevancy 100.62%

Yea I know Sims You guys get a ton of these I ve read all your help and tips on other threads but none have worked for my current problem This on a brand-new PC with a clean OS install It s an E with gb of RAM GTS vid card and an Audigy ZS All packs 2 normal a Weird (not Expansion swear) I Very problem Sims question, drivers are recent and updated directX is new etc I usually can fix these problems but this one has me stumped I installed Sims University Nightlife and Open for Business All in order and totally legal The core game was patched had to patch it before installing Uni or I d get that uninstall error that s pretty common and most recent patch for OFB was used However every time I try Open for Business the game crashes after playing the intro video or when any attempt was made to skip it I uninstalled everything took out all registry keys and reinstalled Same thing Once again I removed the games and tried just Sims The game started up fine no problem I then just installed University and tried that Same exact error as the one I got with OFB I then Very Weird Sims 2 Expansion packs problem (not a normal question, I swear) removed University but now the main game won t even start up it just crashes Very Weird Sims 2 Expansion packs problem (not a normal question, I swear) when I try to start it I removed all the games reinstalled Sims and now it works again So I m stuck I have no virtual drives going on no clones or daemon tools that the game might be Very Weird Sims 2 Expansion packs problem (not a normal question, I swear) detecting I used to have daemon tools installed but I removed it I ve googled my problem asked in another forum and talked to some guys on IRC and no one can think of anything that will fix My sadistic side needs some good ole fashion Sims torture help me out here Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-weird-sims-2-expansion-packs-problem-not-a-normal-question-i-swear.570415/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys

I bought Sims 2 and "Open for Business" for my daughter and since installing "Open for Business" Sims 2 no longer functions at all...whens I try to runs Sims 2 it tells me to put in the expansion disk god what an awfull mess this game is.

Any suggestions

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi

I have the sims 2 along with the university expansion pack. everything was going fine up until awhile ago when i discovered a problem with the job/careers promotion. Anything to do with the job/careers is blanked out. the activity square at the top left corner and the career logo in the job panel. my sims go to work in their own clothes insted of changing into the uniform of their jobs. I've tried saving the game and reinstalling but as soon as I reinstall my game the problem returns. can u help??

A:the sims 2 uni expansion

i'm afraid to say it but it might have something to do with your save game file being corrupted or there is somehow a bug in it, if you start a new game, does the problem still exist? also did you download any patches available for the game? i know it was newly released so i don't know if any exist yet but at least check.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-sims-2-uni-expansion.387714/
Relevancy 68.37%

I installed the sims 2 glamour life ... now some of my items are blue ... you can tell what it is by the shape... I reinstalled Cep thinking that would help... it didnt ...... please Help

A:sims 2 stuff expansion

can someone help me figure out why my objects are blue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-stuff-expansion.609635/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have Sims 2 and several of the extensions packs. (All purchased) I have never had any problems with my system or running the game. I recently loaded the new business expansion pack and lost all of my saved families, homes, etc.(three years worth) . Does this always happen? I have Sims University and Nightlife and I don't remember losing all of my stuff....

A:Sims 2 Expansion Problems

I've had some problems installing expansion packs with Sims 2 as well. Try to find the folder containing the saved games and see if yours are still there. If they are, copy them to your desktop and try installing the games and expansions. Then copy your savegames back into the right place, and see if the game recognizes them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-expansion-problems.470307/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have the sims (normal version) and Livin it up (expansion pack)
I installed the sims then the expansion pack, i put it in in the cd rom drive and it says "please put in the correct cd rom and restart application" why does this happen and how do i solve it ?

Please help me eshemma

Relevancy 67.94%

I've already loaded The Sims 2 DVD and when I load a 'stuff' CD such as Teen Style Stuff - it partially overwrites the original Sims 2 installation - i.e. when I try to run the Sims 2 DVD I get an error message telling me to imsert the Teen Style Stuff CD!.
I read the instructions and loaded the Teen Style Stuff in a different location from The Sims 2 location - but it still didn't work...
HELP!!!!

Relevancy 67.94%

Is there a way to uninstall an expansion pack without uninstalling the whole kit & kaboodle?

Relevancy 67.94%

omg i am so mad because i just dowloaded some expasion packs like unleashed superstar and hot date and i want to unzip them in my living large file or somewhere but i dont know where to unzip them
i am so mad please help

Relevancy 67.94%

I have an absolute legit version of The SIms Deluxe-(Registered with EA) but I cannot find my disc 2. So today I purchased 2 expansion packs but when I tried to install them. It asks for disc 2. I've searcehed high and low but can't find it. Does this mean I will have to purchase another Deluxe just to get the 2nd disc??

A:Sims Deluxe Expansion PAck

unless you have the disc, i think you're up a creek, i'd consider emailing ea games and asking them, as they are the only ones who can verify if your registration is legit or not, but i know that human error, or in this case, lack of orginization skills, is covered under any disk replacement program. There are other means however, but for that I'm afraid, you've come to the wrong place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-deluxe-expansion-pack.387569/
Relevancy 67.94%

I installed Sims 2 and it worked fine. I purchased Glamor life and Family Fun Stuff and installed them as well. After I installed each of them, I checked it to see if it would run and they do. (I don't play the game it is for my daughter). However, only the last expansion pack will run.

For instance if I click on the family fun stuff shortcut it will prompt me for the Glamor life disk. If I insert the Sims 2 disk, it will prompt me for Glamor Life. I uninstalled Glamor life and now it prompts me for the Family Fun Stuff disk. I don't get why when I insert the disk it prompts me to install one from an application that I don't want to run.

I tried contacting EA games and spent three hours trying to register for support and got no where. Can anyone help me with

A:Sims 2 Expansion Pack - only one will work

OK well with the Sims 2 you are only supposed to install the expansions in order and run the game off the last expansion disk you install. When you run the game it should have all expansion running. It's the same with Sims.

Jazza

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-expansion-pack-only-one-will-work.531554/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, I recently decided to install my old Sims 1 games on to my computer which is Windows 7 and brand new so it should have no problems running them. Anyway, Sims 1 installed fine and I played that for a bit just to test it. There were no problems at all, so I decided to install the rest. I popped in the disk for Livin' It Up (UK version of Livin' Large) but I keep getting an error message when I try to install. This is what it says:

Error extracting support files.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

The install wizard gets to about 80% before it pops up with this. I've tried running in compatibility mode and running as administrator. Can anyone please help?

A:Sims 1 Livin' It Up expansion won't install?

It looks like two instances of the installation are clashing with one another.

Run the installation, replicate the problem then open up your Task Manager - You'll see the setup program running under the Applications tab. Right click the setup application and click 'go to process', this will highlight the setup process under the Processes tab. If there is any other instances of the process running it will be under the exact same process name.

If this is the case end one of them.

If not, it is another process is already running the expansion and the expansion itself is likely trying to repeat the execution. It might help to attempt to install it under Safe Mode (if this is possible). F8 is the key to boot in safe mode.

I hope this works for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-1-livin-it-up-expansion-wont-install.1049850/
Relevancy 67.08%

After i installed the university expansion pack,which i received today,the sims 2 won't start!I get a message along the lines of...

Failed to find directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed latest drivers from manufacturer.The application will now terminate.

The sims 2 deluxe edition(one with nightlife and bonus dvd) was installed saturday when i received it and it worked fine then.Failed after the university exapansion was installed today.I also updated my ati drivers from 9.5 to 9.6 yesterday evening although i don't know if there is any connection.I've tried running in xp compatible mode and as administrator,but no dice.Thanks for any help you can provide me.

I'm going to try rebooting to see if that helps.

I have E8400,4GB RAM,ATI Radeon 3850 512MB,Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P mb,Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

A:Sims 2 won't start after university expansion installed!

I tried rebooting,but that failed to do anything!It seems that the sims 2 can't find my video card and/or the driver!Don't know if yesterdays update of my ati drivers from 9.5 to 9.6 caused the issue or installing university expansion pack.Don't know what to do need some help.

I'll go check and see if i installed the wrong drivers,but i suspect not or they wouldn't work!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/234875-sims-2-wont-start-after-university-expansion-installed.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Windows Vista, HP Pavillion much like this one:

http://laptoppimp.com/laptop-review/hp-laptops/review-of-the-hp-pavilion-dv5/
I'd been having issues with it for sometime. It would turn on and then lag, and freeze work for a couple seconds and do it all over again making it impossible to do anything on the computer. We figured it was a virus so, we ended up doing a master reset-type thing that erased every file on my computer. It worked and the computer acted normal.

I installed my Sims 3 and it seemed fine, worked totally normal. Then I installed the new expansion pack and after a while of playing, it froze for a couple minutes, played but with this loud repetitive alarm-type noise, then froze again a couple seconds later until the game completely crashed. This happens over and over.

Anyone have any idea of what could be going on? Any input is highly appreciated, thanks for reading!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-and-crashing-sims-3-after-expansion-pack.958941/
Relevancy 66.65%

I m not quite sure if your all aware of the controversy going on now concerning recent Sims games ex H amp M Sims Pet Stories Sims Deluxe and Bon Voyage I came here for opinions and information because I am not even welcome to express my opinion on their site anymore all it will result in is a locked or deleted thread or ban They used to use Safedisk for copyright protection but now they recently have switched over to quot SecuROM quot and I have to admit that shakes me up a bit Expansions/Stuff Packs And SecuRom Sims 2 as I ve heard in other versions there have been problems Apparently with all these SecuRom And Sims 2 Expansions/Stuff Packs recent Sims games they are using Version Anyways many people on the Sims Board have been complaining of several problems and most believe the cause is SecuRom There have been various problems for example CD burning programs not working System Restore being shut off I experienced this myself as well as others printers and the like not being recognized anymore CD DVD drives being disabled etc What I d like to know is it possible that SecuROM can cause all of this It seems some moderators on there try to deny it saying that it s a problem with your computer or something but my computer was fine up until the time I installed Bon Voyage Once I did my computer started not responding as well loading up slowly etc Also isn t it ILLEGAL for them to put this copyright protection on our computer Nowhere in the EULA or anywhere does it say copyright protection will be included The moderators over there are not very helpful Look at this what a moderator said SecureROM the version that is included in H amp M and BV is nothing nothing more than software piracy protection It does not cause any sort of permanent damage to your system or leave it vulnerable to malicious attack or cause memory leaks or anything else of the sort And if I hear one more armchair tech person claim they are experts and know that it does I am going to choke them with their own USB cables no it does not Opinions would be appreciated I would also like to hear from someone who has background of years of working with computers if possible Thanks nbsp

A:SecuRom And Sims 2 Expansions/Stuff Packs

Well now... I installed Bioshock with Securom, and to date havent had any problems with it. You will often find that people install something then if something badhappens after, the cry is on over what the last installed prog has done to it. Unfortunately, things do just go wrong, and have nothing to do with any installation.
However, I have also read about securom, and the only thing that seems to be coming up is the uninstall problem, and thefact people dont like it. As an anti piracy effort it seems to have failed dismally, a friend of mine got a pirate bioshock( no securom ) that plays fine. This bugs th ehell out of me- i paid for it, and got securom, he didnt, and didnt, respectively. Quite how it is supposed to be an anti piracy move when it obviously doesnt work is beyond me, especially as cracks appeared days, maybe even only hours, after release.
Actuaslly the EULA does onform you of securom, and its effects, about 80% of the way through the full eula, hidden away in a mish mash of other bumf. The main arguement currently appears to be over activation, in as much as the packaginf makes no mention of the number of times installation can be carried out. So far i have used 4 full installs ( 2 OS's on one computer, 1 on my seconf rig, and a reinstall due to windows failure. So, I have one left, if windows goes down again, Im screwed. And of course once the pack is open, no retailer will take it back- trust me, I have quried this.
On an aside, I wanted a game recently, which said on the packaging it may not work if certain dvd writers are detected. I asked the shop if mine was affected, no idea. I asked if i could return it, if it didnt work, they saidNO> I didnt buy it.

Anyway, securom seems to be getting the blame for a huge amount of probs. The trouble here is there are so many different effects, its hard to see how 1 prog can be responsible for buggering up everything from the OS to the hardware. I could be wrong, but until there is a full review, i guess we will not know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/securom-and-sims-2-expansions-stuff-packs.635153/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello every I am having problems with the sims I have yesterday installed the sims with all expansion packs on to it I have a Windows pc it with 2 windows the my (main expansion Having 18 all on pc 7 packa) + problems sims is a Dell Inspiron it has i core processer I have started playing the sims and I have noticed that even though it works I can not do some things such as when I went into boolProp and tried to have my Sim abducted by aliens it did not work and also tried to get my sim to order a service that did not work also I have searched on google Having problems with the sims 2 (main + all 18 expansion packa) on my windows 7 pc already and there is some reported compatibility problems with the sims I tried to run it in windows XP compatibility mode like suggested but that did not work so I got windows to try and find a answer to the problem but it said the sims launcher is out of date has any body got a straightforward answer to how I can get the sims working perfect on my laptop Thanks Jake nbsp

A:Having problems with the sims 2 (main + all 18 expansion packa) on my windows 7 pc

Please refrain from posting in other peoples thread. If you don't get a response after 24 hours of the initial post, just post in this one and your thread will go to the top of the list.

What do you meant by going to boolProp and are you using this to get your Sim to order something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-with-the-sims-2-main-all-18-expansion-packa-on-my-windows-7-pc.1075109/
Relevancy 66.22%

ok, so i bought this expansion pack off the internet, and i installed it last night. this morning i got up and tried to play, but it told me to reinstall pretty much everything. so i did. then, i got to play for like 20 minutes or so until i had to turn the computer off. now, i'm coming back to it, and it just made me reinstall the starter pack. i put in the makin magic disk, and it says play. i click play, and it starts the first little square screen, but then almost immediately it says cannot locate the correct disk! help!

A:Solved: the sims makin magic expansion pack

If this The Sims original... you would need to install them in order that they came out, so if you have an expansion pack that is newer than Making Magic, you have to use that disc instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-sims-makin-magic-expansion-pack.1010427/
Relevancy 66.22%

Recently I got problems Expansion Pack: Sims having I'm Pets? latest my with 2 the Sims Pets Before I got this game the only Sims games I had were the Sims base game University Nightlife and Open For Business I managed to install them all in order and played off the last disk I installed and I had no problems whatsoever However when I installed I'm having problems with my latest Sims 2 Expansion Pack: Pets? the Sims Pets I started having problems The first time I played the game crashed when I tried to create a I'm having problems with my latest Sims 2 Expansion Pack: Pets? family with pets I uninstalled and reinstalled and then it was fine until I actually started playing and for some reason my pets were white and covered in little numbers like codes I reinstalled and uninstalled and had both problems this time I thought that maybe I had too many EPs so I ve uninstalled University but I didn t really want to do this I checked to see if the game was compatible and it was despite the fact that my video card driver I really want to fix this problem because I didn t have any issues with the games before Pets and now I don t know what to do I know this seems complicated but please help because I ve looked all over the internet and I can t find anything to help nbsp

A:I'm having problems with my latest Sims 2 Expansion Pack: Pets?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1906 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 729 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152621 MB, Free - 104189 MB; D: Total - 152221 MB, Free - 144075 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, PWWAA
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-having-problems-with-my-latest-sims-2-expansion-pack-pets.1048745/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I am trying to assist a friend with her Sims Game She has Sims and all expansions Except Deluexe Here is the message she is getting Any ideas on how to fix it are great Here s the error messages I was getting getting gt gt quot Sims exe - Bad Image The DLL The Sims or Image exe application error - message sims Bad C:WINNT\DCIMAN32.dll application or DLL C WINNT DCIMAN dll is not a gt valid windows image Please check this against your installation diskette quot gt After clicking OK this message pops up quot Fatal Error Game cannot be started gt because DirectX or Service sims error message Sims exe - Bad Image The application or DLL C:WINNT\DCIMAN32.dll Pack for NT is required It could not be gt located quot I downloaded the most recent gt direct X but that didn t seem to help gt gt I can t get Sims Explorer or Make sims error message Sims exe - Bad Image The application or DLL C:WINNT\DCIMAN32.dll a Celebrity to work either File Cop shows gt nothing wrong gt gt My computer is old and very nearly full between my sims sims error message Sims exe - Bad Image The application or DLL C:WINNT\DCIMAN32.dll and my son s music gt Last defrag showed available I am running Windows XP and have MB gt RAM gt I have all expansion packs except for deluxe gt gt I have lots and lots of downloaded skins and objects wouldn t play the game gt otherwise I hadn t put anything new in right before it quit working though gt I m always fiddling around with my game data installing houses etc so gt it s gt possible I inadvertently deleted or moved something gt THANKS April nbsp

A:sims error message Sims exe - Bad Image The application or DLL C:WINNT\DCIMAN32.dll

seems you have a corrupted dll... maybe www.dlldump has the dll and you can get it from there...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-error-message-sims-exe-bad-image-the-application-or-dll-c-winnt-dciman32-dll.288389/
Relevancy 45.15%

hiya i have the sims 2, pets, nightlife,university and pets installed and i have tried installing the sims 2 christmas party pack and festive pack and have installed them but once i put it in the compture it comes up would u like to install it click ok and says it already done then click ok and it closes. but its not installed as not under the programs so cant play on it and when i trouble shoot it says incompiatable appilication

A:sims 2 christmas party pack and sims 2 festive holiday stuff

Some SIMS 2 add-on packs are not compatible with Windows 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sims-2-christmas-party-pack-and-sims-2-festive-holiday-stuff-618051.html
Relevancy 45.15%

From Origin or even without origin just trying to run the game from my desktop alone I cannot play the Sims or my only expansion pack Sims - 3 & Sims (Not Pets(Origin) Ordinal Found?) Error 3 304 Solved: the Sims Pets I have two Solved: Sims 3 & Sims 3 Pets(Origin) - Ordinal 304 Error (Not Found?) other games installed that work completely fine Plants vs Zombies and SimCity The error happens just a few seconds after trying to launch either of the Sims games without even opening the launcher This is what the error message says Code Sims LauncherW exe - Ordinal Not Found The ordinal could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil dll Then after clicking quot OK quot on the prompt I get this Code Sims Launcher Sims Launcher has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem I have had chats with different people from the Origin online help chat and as suggested I have tried all of the following all to which none have solved my problem Logged out amp back into Origin quot Repaired quot games from inside Origin Restarted my laptop Manually uninstalled Origin then reinstalled Origin from the Origin website Uninstalled the Sims Pets and The Sims not manually I would need guidance for that then reinstalled both Updated AMD drivers Installed Windows updates Clean booted my laptop Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Sims 3 & Sims 3 Pets(Origin) - Ordinal 304 Error (Not Found?)

Bump?
I talked to someone from EA again and was told that the corrupted files are from malware or a virus...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sims-3-sims-3-pets-origin-ordinal-304-error-not-found.1126481/
Relevancy 45.15%

Foxconn C variant mobo Sims or - loading empty in occupied Crash or when moving Sims 2 lots, w nForce AMD Athlon X GHz core GB OCZ Platinum Rev MHz BFG Geforce GT OC MB MHz stock Ultra watt dual rail SLI approved PSU NEC ND- A DVD RW dual layer Seagate ST A no SATA until this dies All hardware is new running cool and stable and tests good with voltages at or under spec Trust me on this I know what I m doing No offense intended but I have degrees and my own business and I m tired of hearing quot yup must be bad RAM quot when it s obviously not ---------- Searching for a fix for my younger sister She says it crashes when loading occupied or unoccupied lots or when moving Sims into a lot I installed the following myself with no errors Sims University Nightlife Pets Seasons I don t play the game but she showed Sims 2 - Crash when loading occupied or empty lots, or moving Sims in me the error It s a basic dialog box that says something like quot This application has crashed The application will now terminate quot Nice Sims 2 - Crash when loading occupied or empty lots, or moving Sims in and vague huh Well we programmers call this a handled error hence nothing in the Windows event log and we can blame EA Snooping around I found a logs directory with application minidumps and some mostly unhelpful logs Let me know if anyone wants me to zip some dumps and or full logs The logs show that the crash has occurred on with different expansions mainly Pets and Seasons in different neighborhoods and on different lots It s always exception but there seems to be no pattern to which thread it is Thanks for your help The basic crash log reads as follows Code Exception time at Exception code xC - ACCESS VIOLATION Current thread ID x c Version information Application module path C Program Files EA GAMES The Sims Pets TSBin Sims EP exe Application module version name The Sims EP Application module version System version Windows NT System memory Megabytes total Megabytes free Application module configuration ReleaseSRT Extra Exception Data Shutdown HostName DEEPBLUE MemoryUsage K Extra Exception Data End Exception module C Program Files EA GAMES The Sims Pets TSBin Sims EP exe Exception address x ef b Section Offset x x af b Registers EAX EBX ECX d EDX a ESI f cc EDI f CS EIP b ef b SS ESP fd EBP DS ES FS b GS Flags nbsp

A:Sims 2 - Crash when loading occupied or empty lots, or moving Sims in

Come on, nobody has a clue? I've seen other people have this problem, so it's a known issue...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-crash-when-loading-occupied-or-empty-lots-or-moving-sims-in.615112/
Relevancy 43.43%

My game was running fine no hacks or cheats on however I ll be making phone calls to improve my relationships and after I ve completed the call the sim disappears I can run out and meet a walk by say good book disappear from my sims 2, phone Sims bye then call them on the phone then it s gone The missing sims are still showing up in my list of friends though And now I m finding that when he sleeps and it goes into fast speed it runs slow Then when he wakes up it runs ok I m not letting my sim age Sims 2, sims disappear from my phone book but without the cheat He drinks the elixir of life I thought it might be his memory log but it dosen t seem to have an awfull lot in it I thought about dumping the happy logs but I ve been trying to play Sims 2, sims disappear from my phone book it without any cheats on when this most recently happend again the sim only had three friends I haven t seen it played out too far into this condition but so far their friendship levals are dropping and they Sims 2, sims disappear from my phone book are deleting from the town Any ideas why and how to fix it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-sims-disappear-from-my-phone-book.351222/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey, im new to this site but...
Every time I try to move a Sim into a house, the music starts to skip and it freezes and/or crashes. It can't be any of my computer specs because I've been running the Sims 2 since the first one came out and the crashes have been occurring recently. Any help or explanation to this problem would be awesome. I've also just found out that it only happens when I try to move a Sim into a downloaded lot. The only site that I download anything from is www.thesimsresource.com and as far I know it is a safe site. Again, anyone who can help or tell me what the problem may be, please reply.

A:sims 2 crashes when i move sims into houses

Hiya

I would start by looking at this thread, it has a wealth of information:

http://forums.techguy.org/games/287910-common-sims-2-problems.html

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-crashes-when-i-move-sims-into-houses.612575/
Relevancy 42.14%

I've had the sims 2 game and two expansions, sims 2 pets and nightlife, for about half a year. Everything worked fine until recently I started playing and my sims' skin is all white and covered in codes. Some of the clothes and pets have this problem too. This does not change when I make a new family, change their clothes/appearance, or play a family that came with the game such as the Goths. They've all turned white and coded too. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the problem was still there. There are no damages to the discs. I've even tried only installing the Sims 2, in the case that it may be the extensions causing the problem, but with no luck. Any suggestions to my dilemma? Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-issue-white-sims.719178/
Relevancy 42.14%

Sorry that I may sound short tempered but no one has had this problem or posted about it if they had. I Have Windows 7 64bit With 8gig of Ram and a 450 gig harddrive on a HP Laptop. I am Trying to get "The Sims" to work Its nothing fancy its nothing major No expansions or anything else. I Installed the game into my laptop put Tried to get it to load and it will act like its going to load and then do nothing. I Then read on here about putting it in ADMIN mode I did that Nothing, Then tried Compatibility mode on Vista, XP SP2 and 3, and Win98 Nothing works. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing is working. I talked to POOJA at EA Games... Worst customer service rep EVER. No one can answer my question and people act like i have lobsters coming out of my ears. Please SOME ONE HELP!

A:THE SIMS NOT 2 OR 3 JUST THE SIMS and WINDOWS 7 64BIT

Download this, and patch the game:
http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims/the-sims-1/the-sims-patches/patches-the-sims/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-sims-not-2-or-3-just-the-sims-and-windows-7-64bit.1032644/
Relevancy 39.13%

k, i have a motherboard that doesnt support sata hard drives. if i get a pci card for it would it be the same speed and performance as a motherboard with it built right in.

thanx

A:expansion

No mate it wont, SATA built onto the boad runs at 150 ATA theoretically but the add in cards are still limited by the PCI bus which impose the same limit as IDE chips so the most you would get would be 133, personally I never found a difference with SATA built in until I put 2 drives in a raid stripe.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/expansion-10153.html
Relevancy 39.13%

How do I expand my C drive??..Here is a pic of disk management..

A:Expansion

25GB is the recommended disk space for a window 8 consumer preview install, your C: drive just isn't big enough unless you wipe your OS that's all ready on it and you wouldn't want to do that, only install windows 8 on a test machine or as dual boot install in my opinion.

It looks like you have enough space on your E: drive where you could create a 25GB blank partition and then you could install Windows 8 consumer preview there, if not then get another or bigger hard drive.

You could also make a ghost image of your C: drive, get a bigger C: hard drive, reghost your C: drive back onto the new bigger hard drive and then create a blank partition on it of 25GB or bigger and install windows 8 there, that's above my head though and could be kind of hard to do.

hope something helps

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/4659-expansion.html
Relevancy 39.13%

How do I expand my C drive??..Here is a pic of disk management..

A:Expansion

25GB is the recommended disk space for a window 8 consumer preview install, your C: drive just isn't big enough unless you wipe your OS that's all ready on it and you wouldn't want to do that, only install windows 8 on a test machine or as dual boot install in my opinion.

It looks like you have enough space on your E: drive where you could create a 25GB blank partition and then you could install Windows 8 consumer preview there, if not then get another or bigger hard drive.

You could also make a ghost image of your C: drive, get a bigger C: hard drive, reghost your C: drive back onto the new bigger hard drive and then create a blank partition on it of 25GB or bigger and install windows 8 there, that's above my head though and could be kind of hard to do.

hope something helps

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/4659-expansion.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello! My PC doesn't have additional slots for RAM, I was wondering if I could use a hard drive from an old computer to expand it... is this possible??

Relevancy 39.13%

I need more USB outlets on my machine. Currently there are two and are used for a modem and printer. I was thinking of a Belkin product but would like some advice on whether it is better to have one externally powered to avoid extra load on the machine. Any thoughts out there please?

Relevancy 39.13%

My notebook g6-1279sl - QJ553EA # ABZ comes with 6 GB of RAM; I wanted to know if I can expand it to 8GB taking off the bench 2 and adding another 4gb bench.As in the various sites of memories, this model can not find it, there are those who can tell me the exact model of RAM compatible with my notrbook?Thank you !

A:ram expansion

Dear Customer, As per the System Board Architecture, your unit can only support upto 6-GB of memory. Please go through the below Maintenance and Service Guide for clear underatanding: PAGE 11 AND 12http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02968997  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ram-expansion/td-p/5827699
Relevancy 39.13%

have 4 ide devices on my home pc. I have heard of ide expansion cards that allow additional devices to be added (I have 2hd's and a cd and cdrw) I would like to put the cdrw on its own port. Can anyone explain how this works - or point me in a direction where I can find the necessary info.
thankx

A:ide expansion

Yes- An IDE Controller card will add 4 additional device capapbility- one I am familiar with called Promise Ultra 100, TX2- but there are others. Use any search engine for "IDE Controller Cards" should get you needed info. Installing the Promise Ultra 100 is fairly easy if you follow instructions. You may not have any spare IRQ's with 4 devices already. Should be some information in the search articles about this. Cost is around $25 at most PC supply sites. Bought one at computer show for $23. Most use PCI slot- sure you have one that is free- and not the shared slot.
When installed, they show up as a SCSI device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ide-expansion.77287/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi We have the original sims and we have bought some of the expansion packs the latest being the sims unleashed I have tried everything and can t seem to get this game to install so I have uninstalled the Sims reinstalled then proceded to install the sims unleased it will not install it It tells me that I need to put in the Sims so I do then I get to a point to put in unleased and same thing it exist and is not installed Does Sims Sims The /the Unleased & anyone have any ideas about what I might be doing wrong this is the right games to work together so thats not it We are running windows XP Primary display device Description Intel R Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel Corporation Video Memory MB ----Sound The Sims & /the Sims Unleased Video and Game Controllers----------------------- Description Intel r AA AC Audio Controller Manufacturer Intel Main Driver ac intc sys Version Video Card Intel R Graphics Controller Video Driver i xdnt dll Driver Version The Sims & /the Sims Unleased Sound Card Intel r AA AC Audio Controller Sound Driver ac intc sys Driver Version DirectX DirectX Operating System Windows XP Here is the information off the report I sent to there website Any ideas or suggestions as to what to do or try Thanks Jack nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

I decided to try Sims because it s free to Origin access members Unfortunately my computer is one of the many out there 4: Sims Crashing 3 Sims vs that despite having a powerful enough computer cannot run Sims without it crashing I even got past the Sims creation screen and was working on my house when it crashed Having done enough research on the internet about how to deal with Sims crashing I came Sims 3 vs Sims 4: Crashing to the conclusion that there is no easy answer as to how to keep your computer from crashing while playing Sims Instead I m considering trying Sims Before I do considering how notorious Sims has become for not working on certain computers or with newer hardware how does Sims compare Obviously it s newer and should work with newer hardware However I ve played older games on my computer before and they haven t had nearly the same problems that Sims had As such does anyone know if Sims has any of it s own querks like glitching crashing game freezing and other anomalies that are impossible to solve nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-3-vs-sims-4-crashing.1165878/
Relevancy 38.7%

Okay so I ve recently built a new computer and have been trying for the past days to successfully install 2 Sims Sims Flashing and play the sims Installation is fine it goes through everything perfectly loading up the game is nice and fast too But when I get into a lot in the game to actually start playing the screen starts going berserk It all seems to emulate from the sims themselves they ll flash in and out and huge beams of colour shoot out from them it is rather disturbing to watch They go Sims 2 Sims Flashing about their normal activities but these huge things follow them everywhere even if you scroll out the beams are just endless http imageshare web id images c vth m euxqwi dxy jpg http imageshare web id images jpea nn kwmfpgleis d jpg It was hard to get a screenshot of the Sims 2 Sims Flashing problem because it jitters around so much It all flickers off and on Okay so to fix the problem so far I ve removed my downloads folder to make sure it wasn t anything to do with the cc I ve installed They didn t fix the problem which I didn t think it would anyway I was just trying to go through everything I tried some other things too but nothing worked I eventually uninstalled ALL the games and expansions and then reinstalled just the base game after I installed that a message popped up and said Sims has known compatibility issues with Windows so I installed the patch from the Sims website and loaded it up and it worked I didn t get any weird flashing or streams coming from the sims So then I installed Sims University and it s patch from the Sims website loaded it up and it was fine no streams or flashing So I thought I was in the clear the problem was gone but after I installed Sims Nightlife and it s patch the flashing came back I uninstalled Nightlife and the flashing went away again So I downloaded a torrent for Sims Nightlife thinking it may be a corrupted file on the disc and installed it from a torrent then installed the patch again and loaded it up The flashing returned So I uninstalled NL again and thought maybe it just doesn t like NL so I decided to try and install Sims Open for Business and its patch Loaded it up and the flashing returned So the base game and University worked fine together without any problem but the second I add an addition expansion back the whole thing loses it So after that I decided to look into the compatibility issues with Windows and try and find a solution I ended up running the program as an administrator and on Windows XP Service Pack So I had the base game University and Open for Business installed at this stage and when I ran it on Windows xp there was a few small glitches but it righted itself out So then I tried to install Nightlife again and run that with Windows xp as well But as soon as I loaded it up it just got worse So that s about where I am now I can t find any forums that have the same problem hence why I m posting one Specs Windos -bit OS AMD Phenom II GHz Quad Core GB Ram TB Hard Drive ATI Radeon GB XXX Edition ASUS DRW- B LT Asus M A TD-M USB nbsp

A:Sims 2 Sims Flashing

Okay just added some more images to imageshare.

http://imageshare.web.id/images/rf9wcumt6vmr3fm2i5v.jpg
http://imageshare.web.id/images/vrdxcl7y8xdstzqw78sj.jpg

and also two videos to youtube, because it is more of a visual problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSrYklEo9u8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_6sjTW4Qak

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-sims-flashing.988818/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all I have a problem with running the Sims Unleashed expansion pack I have installed The Sims and it is working fine Then i installed the Unleashed expansion pack it works fine where I installed it but it doesn t work in the other pc I don t have administrator privileges in my pc so what we do is we just copy and paste the files of The Sims when we copied The Sims only it works fine even in the other pc but once we copied the files with Sims Sims The Unleashed and the Unleashed expansion pack it pops this error quot It has come to our attention that you installed another Sims expansion pack after The Sims Unleashed For this to work properly The Sims Unleashed installer will now update your installation Select OK to proceed quot I clicked OK but it doesn t do anything I also searched all the threads but it didn t solve the problem I have also used the SimsEraser but with no avail I m also aware that there is an order of installation i e Livin Large first The Sims and Sims Unleashed then Hot The Sims and Sims Unleashed Date etc I only installed The Sims and Sims Unleashed My OS is Windows XP Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-sims-and-sims-unleashed.444860/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,
I'm new user at this forum, and needs your help.
Actually, I want to expand my network by adding one more 8 ports switch, to an existing 16 port gigbit ethernet switch.

please tell me how it'll be done? the compelete procedure, crossover or straight cables will be used ? or how the computers connected with 8-ports switch and 16-port switch will interact with each other, file sharing etc.

Currently, DSL connection is using for Internet.
and i also want the other computers to use the internet.

Kind Regards,
Qadeer Ahmed

Relevancy 38.27%

I have an expansion slot, and I was wondering what goes in there? I know it's a stupid question, but I never hear much about it.

Relevancy 38.27%

Diablo 2 requires 1550 megabytes,
Diablo 2 expansion reguires 800 megabytes, how much ram do i need???

Please Help ME!!!
Thanks
Ryan Miller

Relevancy 38.27%

How can I tell what type of expansion slots I have?? I looked and I see 2 long white slots and 1 tan slot, which is a little shorter than the white ones. Thanks all for looking and helping.

A:Expansion Slots

Probably 2 PCI slots that can be used for a variety of devices and an AGP slot for a video card.

http://www.cooldrives.com/lib/cooldrives/sata-pci-express-pci-card.jpg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/expansion-slots.941609/
Relevancy 38.27%

First off in my computer I had prior to RAM expansion one stick of MB DDR PC or so I am told by AIDA and PCU-Z When I Problem Expansion RAM got my second stick of MB the guy at Futureshop tried to insert a PC speed stick but the computer rejected it on boot so he told me that my computer has one stick of PC already in it not PC even though AIDA and CPU-Z say it is PC and so he put in another stick of PC Now according to CPU-Z and AIDA two programs that display information on all your computer hardware etc I have in my two slots my RAM Expansion Problem one original stick of PC and my new stick of PC that the guy at the store claimed matched my old stick Now to the problem I am playing games such as Half-Life RAM Expansion Problem and Counter-Strike Source Rome Total War and Battlefield on my computer and they were not performing very well at MB hence my choice to expand Since I have had this stick added performance within these games has dropped I am getting - FPS in CS S Could this decrease be due to the difference in speeds of my RAM PC - PC and if so does anyone know why my computer would have rejected a new stick of PC when the original in there is of that speed nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

I have a HP pavillon dv4000 laptop. I recently bought a HP xb2000 Notebook Expansion Base. On the box it says it would be compatible with my laptop if it has a a Expansion Port 2. I dont believe my laptop has this accessory because the plug doesnt look anything like the ports on my laptop. I was wondering if there is another accessory i can buy so that this expansion base will work with my laptop. The wireless keyboard and mouse obviously work but i can buy that anywhere and save a lot more money. Does anyone know if i can buy another accessory to make this base work? i would GREATLY appreciate it!!

A:HP Expansion Base

expansion port 2 is not an accessory, it is a connector soldered onto the motherboard, if you'rs doesn't have it then you're out of luck

if your's has it... the expansion port will be on the left side of the laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-expansion-base.461246/
Relevancy 38.27%

So I think I'm mentally challenged because I am installing a new graphics card in my Gateway DX4860-UB33P and I cant figure out how to remove this damned slot.
I have a pictures
attached if it helps

Relevancy 38.27%

I have had a seagate 500gb expansion drive for two years and never had a problem, then yesterday I turned it on, the led indicator lit for a second and the disc started and continued spinning but with no sign of it in file explorer, after several more efforts the same result, I tried other usb sockets then a friends laptop with the same results I am puzzled the way the green LED lights up but for only 0.5 of a second, that together with the seemingly intact rotation of the platter gives me hope but then I know nothing of IT hardware therefore I?m hoping that someone can advise me either way whether I may be able to get a quick and (cheapish) repair or if my doom monger friend is correct by suggesting a professional retrieval can be eye-wateringly expensive regardless of the amount of data saved. Again a pre-emptive Thank you to any prospective.

A:can I resuscitate my expansion hdd.

If it just the enclosure that has failed you may be able to remove the drive and slave it in your PC. It's probably a laptop SATA drive.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42274-can-i-resuscitate-my-expansion-hdd.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I decided to delete the hidden Asus restore partition from my cloned hard drive. The drive had 2 partitions, the hidden one, then the C: drive (with system and data).

This was before I found out that the Windows 7 Disk Management tool will not allow you to expand a partition to the left.

So now I have 15 GB of space at the start of the drive and the only option on the C: drive is to shrink the partition.

Any way using Windows to add that space to my primary partition?

A:Partition expansion

You need to use a third party tool to move your partition to the start of the drive, then windows will let you expand it to fill the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/65310-partition-expansion.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all, I have warcraft 3 Reign of Caos in english and I want to buy the expansion Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, but I only found it on spanish, if I buy it and install it, would it work? or are different games?
Thanks

A:Warcraft Expansion...

well where are you getting it from? Because it would be easier to get it online at sites like www.ebgames.com or gamestop.com .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warcraft-expansion.186986/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi iv got a semi weird question that id like to mull over of my home computers running XP does seem to run hot to the touch as its now sumer time and i dont really have a choice but to keep it in a small un-airconditioned room judging from Speed-fan iv noticed it in the past couple days get to deg C range not sure how accurate that is but it is a bit hot to the touch when i touch the back of the fan or now its never shut down or rebooted or anything of that nature but laitly when Thermal Expansion? or something else? i do turn it off for a period of time and try to restart it it hangs on windows XP loading screen now intrestingly enough if i can still enter safe mode ect and iv tried resinstalling video drivers on a whim to see if that affects it Thermal Expansion? or something else? it seemed to fix it for the time but it still reoccurs on a cold boot iv also found that simply re-seating my video card a random geforce that i Thermal Expansion? or something else? pulled from an older system this seems to let me boot up every time simply reseating the card then powering it up again so im wondering if its Thermal expansion also note due to the design of my case its impossible for me to put a screw into the card slot for my video card something that bugs me so im leaning towards thermal expansion but could it also be a dying video card nbsp

A:Thermal Expansion? or something else?

If you can enter safemode I doubt if heat is the issue. What CPU and motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thermal-expansion-or-something-else.594700/
Relevancy 38.27%

Bought a USB2 4 port -pci expansion card from Dabs.com, put it in pc and the thing sat there dead ,no beeps,,not a glimmer of life.
Mailed the company,swopped it,put new one in,,still dead,tried alternative pci slots,took out other cards,no joy.
tried it in another machine,,whoopee do,worked fine.
Any suggestions? shouldnt all standard cards work in all machines? Am I missin somethin here?
System specs.
Gigabyte GA-6vx7+ board,celeron 566,512 mb ram,ati rage/pro 32mb AGP,seagate 20gb HDD,conexant modem,Dlink 10/100 ethernet,soundblalster 128.ricoh7120 cdrw,dvd drive.

Relevancy 38.27%

I have a shared PCI/ISA slot on my MB. What (or better how) can I use this slot? I want to add a NIC for DSL but all my PCI's are in use by Firewire, SCSI, and sound cards? Can I use this shared slot for the NIC or swap out one of my others and use them in the shared??
Thanks for any help!
Bob

A:expansion slot

well, most PCI cards sohuld play nice nice with the shared slot. But i'm not to sure abuot that. I'm not sure if the sound card would like it though. You can probably just put the NIC in there

------------------
Just remember, i could be wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/expansion-slot.32775/
Relevancy 38.27%

My Computer is at 800x600 yet my mouse takes up half the screen - about 12cm long. Yet in device manager its fine. Could it be a hack or something. Cause my internet connection is really slow even with cable. Also my start bar went pink once and wallpaper "fizzy".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-expansion.194122/
Relevancy 38.27%

Alright, so I've basically installed everything and patched it and have the CD in the drive but when I start up the game, the game's logo shows up and then it suddenly goes.... "Age of Empires II expansion has Stopped working..." blah blah blah. I've ran some old games and they worked I don't know why AoE II doesn't....

Tried Compatibility Windows 98 and XP SP2 and Windows 2003 SP1 *No idea why*
Tried reinstalling both of them, patched them already, my anti-virus doesn't interfere with it or anything, tried running in 256 colours and still crashes, also ran as Administrator and it doesn't work..

Can anyone help me?

Specs: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600, 4gigs of memory, nVidia 9500 GT 256mb and Home Vista Premium x64/x86 and current Monitor settings is 1680 by 1050
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...mer/tskmgr.jpg
Also this is my Task Manager, i don't think any of those interfere with it running the game..

A:Age of Empires II and Expansion

After reading your post I tried to start my old installation of AoE2 (on storage-HD) and it did run perfect. The basic game (empires2.exe) as well as the expansion (age2_x1/age2_x1.exe) required only the acceptal of the EULA (license and stuff) since I didn't installed the game properly on Vista. But everything else worked fine. So it may be a problem with your version of Vista or maybe even the system.

I had some troubles recently with older games because the programs had insufficient rights to access files... try "run as administrator" on the empires2.exe (not the shortcut), but that's only a vague guess...
Good luck!

Best regards,
No?l

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/211259-age-empires-ii-expansion.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

I have a Compaq Proliant 1600 running Windows NT 4.0 server and 2 logical drives on a raid 5 array.

I have just added a new 9.1GB disk (same as the other 5) and run the Compaq array config utility. This has happily added the new disk to the array and restripped the data. However, NT isn't showing any more free disk space.

I had this happen when I added the 5th disk and I know I had to do something else to get NT to see the extra space, but I don't remember what.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

A:RAID 5 Expansion

My only experience with a Compaq RAID-5 array was that 5 drives was the maximum it would manage, the 6th was simply a spare that hung around until one of the other drives failed. I may be off-base here, since it's been awhile since I worked with the Compaq server, just an observation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-expansion.441741/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an ACER aspire 5733.  It came with both memory slots filled, one DIMM0 with a Kingston DDR3 1024mb PC3-10700 (667 MHz) and the other, DIMM1 with a Kingston DDR3 4096 MBytes PC3-10700 (667 MHz).  I'd like to replace the smaller one with another 4gb stick so that it performs a little better, and is more likely to cope with Windows 10, but I can't work out how to idenitfy the right one to buy. Which specification is most important to match. Is the Mhz important ?  Some UK sites don't quote a mhz number on what seem to be the right sticks.  how do I work out what pin I need? any help most welcome

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:memory expansion

Hello, I suggest you to buy this compatible memory module (you'll need 2 units):Corsair CM3X4GSD1066All processors of this model support only DDR3 800 or 1066MHz. The original memory module 1333 or 1600MHz work at 1066MHz.Original processors:Spoiler (Highlight to read)KC.37K01.DMPCPU.I3.370M.2.4G/3MKC.38K01.DMPCPU.I3.380M.2.53G/3M/35WKC.48K01.DMPCPU.I5.480M.2.66G/3M/35WKC.56K01.DMPCPU.I5.560M.2.66G/3M/35W.PGAKC.37K01.DMPCPU.I3.370M.2.4G/3MKC.38K01.DMPCPU.I3.380M.2.53G/3M/35WKC.48K01.DMPCPU.I5.480M.2.66G/3M/35WKC.56K01.DMPCPU.I5.560M.2.66G/3M/35W.PGA

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/memory-expansion/td-p/424529/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

I really enjoy this new laptop. Only having this problem with memory expansion.
It currently has a M2 256gb SSD built in, and I want a 2,5'' 500gb HDD in it aswell.
Therefor I need a bracket.
I have found a picture of this bracket, add in attachments.
Found on the following site (picture 4/8): http://laptopmedia.com/highlights/in...grade-options/
In this picture is no M2 slot to be seen.
Looks like only one of these posibilties has been add into the laptop.

Question is; where can I find this bracket, so I can add more memory to my laptop?

Greetings

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93527-P50-C-17D-memory-expansion
Relevancy 38.27%

According to the specs for the Slimline 260-a010, it uses a Geneva-P motherboard.  The HP supplied specs on that board show one expansion slot , a One M.2 socket 1, key A.  I have looked all over that board and can not find an expansion slot of any kind.I am trying to find a schematic of that board to check on a possible slot that I can not see.  Can anyone help with any information on the Geneva-P motherboard?  Thanks!

A:Motherboard expansion

Hi, Yes it has one and currently is occupied by a wireless card:     Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 and Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n featuring 2.4 GHz 1x1 technology Source: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-slimline-260-a000-desktop-pc-series/10734580/document/c051289... Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Motherboard-expansion/td-p/5753443
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all,

When I click my homepage to load, it does not load into a full page, it loads into a smaller area, as I have to click the middle box to get it to load full page.

Is there any way tha I can get my home page ( MSNBC.com) to load to a full page every time I click it to load?

Thanks all,
Yer Pal,
Thee

Relevancy 38.27%

Wanting to add USB 3.0 to my existing AMD system and am seeking input from those that may have already been down this path. The LaCie LaCie USB 3.0 PCI Express Card looks pretty interesting but I have no experience with their products ... any feedback would be appreciated.

A:What's the best USB 3.0 expansion card

There's not much magic in USB expansion cards. The card you mention will work fine as long as your motherboard has an accessible PCI-e X1 slot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-usb-3-0-expansion-card.159465/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey, i have the age of empires expansion, if anyone knows how i could play on zone.com without having the original cd please post.

Cheers
Matt

A:Age Of Empires 2 Expansion

Nothing to see here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-2-expansion.368263/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi guys,
I just bought an Expansion Drive from Stapples which is Seagate 1TB :

How to use it in the best way, i mean the safest way for it like :
Should I copy and paste or cut my data frequently on it ?
Where should I place it ?
Should I unplug it's power source when i'm not using it ? or just leave it ?
Should I unplug it's USB cable from PC when not using it ?
etc.
Need advices.
Thanks Guys,
Wayne.

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all,

I've got a slight problem. You know how when you install too many programs, all of them can't fit on one screen (start>all programs) so you get these gray bars on the side. Is there a way to expand of move the programs so that the ones off screen can be seen. I'll insert a ScreenShot to illustrate what I mean, (sort of)

Thanks for reading and any help.

A:Start Bar Expansion

Compartmentalize the programs into categorical folders.

Like so on the machine I'm using right now..

Hmm.. why is it my images always get shrunk to peanuts (640x480) when others' don't

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-bar-expansion-156096.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, When it comes to m/s service packs if there is say service pack 4 does that mean it includes the info on 1-3 as well or do you have to d/l all 4 SP's? If someone could let me know that would be really great and thanks.

Relevancy 38.27%

For some reason when I try to install SP2 on my system, it does weird things, like slow way down or just wont work..The version is 5.1 (Build 2600.xpclnt_qfe.021108-2107) I dont know what all that means, but can anyone please help..I would like to get all the patchs, and bug fixxes.Thank, Tom Shaw

A:Help with the Service Packs XP Pro

when you go to the Windows Update site, are there lots of things there listed that you need to update? did you have SP1 already installed? is your DX version updated, along with all the security updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-the-service-packs-xp-pro.490067/
Relevancy 38.27%

Do you have to install Win XP and then SP1 and SP2? Or do you have to install Win XP, then all the 60 odd intermediate updates, then SP1 etc?

Thanks,

Jon

Relevancy 38.27%

what is the differences in SP2 and SP3?

i found some XPpros on ebay but there are both versions available. as far as i know im running SP2 currently but i want to do a clean install before giving my computer to my daughter. does SP3 have any issues that i should probably avoid?

i see the new OEMs are good for one computer installation. what happens if i load it and later decide to do a deep cleaning and reload it. will it work? they say i need to get the code from microsoft. do i have to buy a couple of copies in case i want to upgrade my XPhome on my laptop?

thanks

A:service packs

Service pack 3 includes many critical updates. Some people have, however, been experiencing problems with SP3. You should probably read this before deciding whether or not to install it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179947/service-packs/
Relevancy 38.27%

Have been trying to download sp2 & 3 from Microsoft and get to about 80some percent each time and then timeout. does anyone have them who can email them to me as I'm getting really <inappropriate phrase removed> at Microsoft about now. Used to have them all on disk but they all got burnt when my house burned down. Would really appreciate any help if anyone has them. thnx

A:Need service packs

No one can email anything that enormous. Try a downloader that supports "resume" (if the site supports it),

Free Download Manager is actually a pretty good piece of software.

Make a full backup of your system once it is all set up and you wouldn't need to do this.

(Microsoft has nothing to do with your connection. Please watch your language and read the rules.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-service-packs.1113531/
Relevancy 38.27%

i have got XP and i am wanting to install sp2 but when it is installing it comes up with an error saying serial number error. i need this to install a program on my pc. i have tryed sp1a and sp2 (from a disk) and they both say the same thing.

hope you can help

A:service packs

Hi,
That means that the OS copy on your computer is illegal and using one of the Microsoft Blacklisted (known-to-be-pirate) serials. You will get a similar message too if you try to go to Windows Update or tried to install one of the recent updates....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-packs.328541/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

Just a quick question, if you totally restore your PC to its factory settings and want to install the Windows XP Services packs do you have to intstall both 1 and 2 or will service pack 2 include everything from service pack 1?

Thanks

A:Services Packs

Just SP2 - it is cumulative, but there are many more updates since SP2 that need to be installed as well.

Just run Windows or Microsoft Update and it will show you what you need.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58867/services-packs/
Relevancy 38.27%

Per the instructions left on this topic http www bleepingcomputer com forums t clicking-on-links-get-redirected page- I was told to create a new topic with Sweet-packs and include the appropriate DDS files So here they are dds txt file DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Tom at on - - Running Processes C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin Sweet-packs exe C Sweet-packs Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows SysWOW atashost exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x NetRatingsNetSight NetSight NielsenUpdate exe C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI PSIA exe C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService Sweet-packs exe C Program Files x Constant Guard Protection Suite IDVaultSvc exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI sua exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Users Tom AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Constant Guard Protection Suite IDVault exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Program Files x Nielsen Homescan Internet Transporter HSTrans exe C Program Files x Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers RIMBBLaunchAgent exe C Program Files x NetRatingsNetSight NetSight NielsenOnline exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Users Tom AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x NetRatingsNetSight NetSight NielsenOnline exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Tom Desktop Downloads dds com C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k Akamai C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www google com uProxyOverride lt local gt local mURLSearchHooks D-Link Toolbar Search Class e fc - f - f f-a -cdffffbe c d - C Program Files x D-Link Toolbar dlinktb dll BHO RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData RealNetworks RealDownloader BrowserPlugins IE rndlbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Norton Identity Protection ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine coieplg dll BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ips ipsbho dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL BHO Constant Guard Protection Suite B CDBE - B - B-A - D C DEB - C ProgramData White Sky Inc ID Vault IEBHO NativeBHO dll BHO bb be - eb- c -b f -fc b ea - lt orphaned gt BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files x Dell BAE BAE dll BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A... Read more

A:Sweet-packs

Per the instructions found here :http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

there doesn't appear to be the ability to attach a file.  So how does one do it??

Mod Edit: Moved topic to Malware Removal Logs forum due to dds log being posted. ~bloopie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496234/sweet-packs/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, Can someone tell me the latest service packs for NT and win 2003 please?

Thank you

Relevancy 38.27%

How can I tell which service pack is installed ?

A:MS Service packs

Right click on my computer select properties and the dialog box will tell you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-service-packs.1051050/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Tablet that runs Win7 and it has Service pack 1 on it and would like to know is that the only service pack for Win7 if not what one should i have to be most up to date?

A:Service packs?

Hello Macc, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Yes, currently there is only Service Pack 1 (SP1) available for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/215193-service-packs.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I recently installed the language packs...if you don't know what I mean, right click this page and pick "encoding", then go to "More", and attempt to click "Simplified Chinese" or something of the sort. It should prompt you to download/install language packs to view the font. (This might not work on this page specifically, I was reading a chinese text page.)

Anyway, I installed that, and now I want to uninstall it, because it's messed up some of my settings. But there is no place to show where to uninstall it, I've checked the Add/Remove Programs menu, as well as the Regional and Language menu. Nothing. Any ideas to how I could get rid of this?
thanx in advance .

A:language packs hlp pls

I think you can go into internet options, click on the general tab, then click on languages and remove it from there

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/13868/language-packs-hlp-pls/
Relevancy 38.27%

anyone know where i can find language packs, preferably japanese pack

A:language packs

http://greggman.com/japan/xp-ime/xp-ime.htm

is that what your after ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/language-packs-146931.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I was wondering if Service packs are downloaded and installed if you have Automatic Updating configured in the Windows XP OS. I am worried about SP2 and want to wait it out to see what the initial reaction is... so if i have the option of download and install automatically -- will this include service pack 2 or just critical updates?

A:XP Service Packs

SP2 is quite a ways off from being pushed to your computer. Dont worry about that for at least a few months. Once they get Sp2 up to snuff, they need to work on Windows Updater v5. Somthing they have said wont happen until SP2 is ready.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-service-packs.257189/
Relevancy 38.27%

So when I was using Windows Vista I found something that changed my icons.
I wanted to know if there was any applications that do this in Windows 7.
A couple of things I want are:

An application to do it for me (change all icons it can)

And some awesome icon packs that I can use with it.

Thanks, all suggestions are welcome

A:Icon packs?

application to change icon - http://www.stardock.com/products/iconpackager/

icon pakages - WinCustomize: Explore : IconPackager

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/141864-icon-packs.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi. I am working from a laptop that I recently bought, but I would love to have it in my native language. Would there be any way that Under Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit OEM, that I could either change the language to Italian or download the Italian Language pack from somewhere?

A:Language Packs

Go to Windows Updates,you should see the language packs there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/148604-language-packs.html
Relevancy 38.27%

does anyone know were i can get the service pack for xp home ... this is the error i get when i go to microsoft

need to contact network administrator key code is envaild on this operating system

A:service packs for xp

Do you have a licenced (to you) version of Windows XP, if not your reg number is blacklisted and you can not obtain SP1.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-packs-for-xp.212445/
Relevancy 38.27%

How do I download ONLY a Language packs Spanish pack The MS website states that I go to windows updates and check for updates Having done that hour later I click on the optional updates and pick the language pack for Spanish This makes me believe that is all I am going to download NO WAY It has Language packs found over a gigabite of downloads that I am told Language packs that I need Like it or not it is going to download them regardless of my wanting to only get one I could have got the other updates when I went home at night This has cost me the best part of a day wasted Surely MS the packs could be downloaded as a file and installed separately If my PC crashes next time I will be looking at another days work wasted Having installed the language pack for Spanish and Added Spanish in the Office tools It states limited support I create a new word document and add the following quot C mo est s quot This is how are you but I see red squiggles under the words Not very good for basic Spanish spell checking is it I will still have to find a way of keying in accented letters

A:Language packs

I think I might have to buy this. Is there a UK phone number to speak to a human?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/331575-language-packs.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am using Windows XP and have been strongly advised to not download Service Packs 1&2. I'm told that there is a probability that it will conflick with my Norton programs. Is this true and what would you suggest that I do?

Thank You, Rocky

Relevancy 38.27%

hi all
i have just bourght a data cable for my phone and it needs service pack1 or higer. the only problem is that when i try to install service pack 1 or 2 they both say there is a problem with the seral number but i have not been asked for a serial number.

hope you are able to help

jammysheep

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-packs.326389/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi guys. My question is Simple. Although i have search the web site of Microsoft i couldn't find the MUI ( Multilingual User Interface) Packs!! Please can you tell me if someone has downloaded a MUI show me the links????
I have found Only Updates for "Windows Xp Sp2 Pro MUI" but not the MUI Packs it selfs.

Thank You!

A:Windows Xp Sp2 Pro MUI Packs??

The MUI packs seem to be commercial products that need to be purchased from MS. I doubt they would be available for download given that status. Read this page and see if that is your interpretation as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-sp2-pro-mui-packs-346734.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am currently running Vista SP2. I want to go back to SP1 but I don't know how to do this. Help please!!

Relevancy 38.27%

I see that your logo says there are no stupid questions..so this one will probably be easy to answer!

I have windows 2000 and also have the service pack 4. But I hear so much about service pack 2. Is it something I need to have or is it already on my pc. Wouldn't I have installed sevice pack 2 before I installed service pack 2...???
I'm a newbie so I have no idea. Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 38.27%

When I run lpksetup exe u it only comes back with one language which is OK however scattered throughout the Vista file system there are dozens of other languages For example searching the drive for ja-JP locates files folders And as I said Packs Language this is but one of dozens of them With dozens of languages each creating files folders that is a significant disk space footprint Are these really necessary Is this standard Windows Vista Home Premium or it debris resulting from having bought an HP If Language Packs lpksetup exe does not recognize them as MUI how can I clear them out Here is just one example they are also in a lot of other places too All with date stamps before I got the PC so they obviously came on the HP build Still how do I get rid of them and recover the space They re too entrenched in the OS to simply delete without damaging the OS and Language Packs I m not yet prepared to do a clean install which of course is the Language Packs correct solution Any ideas nbsp

A:Language Packs

In addition to en-US, this it what is strewn throughout the file system:

ar-SA
bg-BG
cs-CZ
da-DK
de-DE
el-GR
en-gb
es-ES
et-EE
fi-FI
fr-FR
he-IL
hr-HR
hu-HU
it-IT
ja-JP
ko-KR
lt-LT
lv-LV
nb-NO
nl-NL
pl-PL
pt-BR
pt-PT
ro-RO
ru-RU
sk-SK
sl-SI
sr-Latn-CS
sv-SE
th-TH
tr-TR
uk-UA
zh-CN
zh-HK
zh-TW

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/language-packs.689875/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have been reading around on the internet about some of the service packs being bad for your system if you download them. Any truth to these??? On my desktop I had it install all of the current updates and it got really really slow. Long story short I had to reinstall XP on my machine. Any info would appreciated.

Thanks TK

A:Service Packs For WIN XP

i ran sp1 with no problems currently running sp2 alpha with no problems,there were a couple of hot fixes with problems that ms rectified did you install sp1 or just the updates

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-packs-for-win-xp.150882/