Windows Support Forum

Wireless Connection Media Disconnected (Windows XP)

Q: Wireless Connection Media Disconnected (Windows XP)

Hi, not great with computers and had a look around at various forums and can't find a solution to my problem.

Essentially, whilst I can view the wireless network connections available, I cannot connect to the wireless connection I want to although all other computers at home can connect.

I think the issue is that I have no IP address on this computer (using Windows XP that has just been reinstalled). The result of ipconfig/release is:
No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection 2 while it has its media disconnected.

Sorry if further information is required, will provide whatever is needed. Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless Connection Media Disconnected (Windows XP)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wireless Connection Media Disconnected (Windows XP)

First disconnect any wired connection and THEN attempt the wifi.
Something called DHCP is responsible to give the PC an IP address and also the DNS addresses (regardless of wired or wireless).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-media-disconnected-windows-xp.203103/
Relevancy 91.16%

I apologize in advance - Media Connection Wireless No Disconnected because Media Disconnected - No Wireless Connection I am NOT a computer person Media Disconnected - No Wireless Connection I m just a girl whose computer isn t working at the moment I have tried following some of the threads related to this topic but I don t always understand the instructions that are being posted Basically I have a laptop that I use at home with a secure wireless connection that my landlord provided for the building I have never had any problems with it before Then on Friday night I downloaded whatever I needed to view movies on Netflix which worked fine that night The following day and since then I have not been able to connect to the internet In my Wireless Network Connection Status is says You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer There are entries listed for the Physical Address the IP Address and the Subnet Mask but nothing listed for the defaul Gateway DNS Server or WINS Server When I hit the Repair button I get the message Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address I tried the ipconfig all command based on other posts and this is the information contained please bear with me I had to retype all this information because I don t know how to copy it from my laptop to my desktop where I m writing this post from C Documents and Settings Samantha gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name SPayne Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter Physical Address -C - B- -FA- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel lt R gt WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -C -C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel lt R gt LF Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address - - -B - -EA The wireless router is located in the basement I went down there and this is what it says on it Wireless-G GHz Broadband Router Mbps Linksys I really don t know what I m doing but I m willing to do my best to follow whatever instructions you give Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

I had started this thread Can't create an ad-hoc network. but got no response. Anyways, when I use the ipconfig command, I get the media disconnected message under the Wireless Adapter even though the switch is on and the light is glowing. Also I saw that I had 21 tunnel adapter's and all of them have the media disconnected status. I have disabled/enabled my wifi adapter also uninstalled/installed the driver.

A:Wireless Connection Media Disconnected

Quote: Originally Posted by soumya

I had started this thread Can't create an ad-hoc network. but got no response. Anyways, when I use the ipconfig command, I get the media disconnected message under the Wireless Adapter even though the switch is on and the light is glowing. Also I saw that I had 21 tunnel adapter's and all of them have the media disconnected status. I have disabled/enabled my wifi adapter also uninstalled/installed the driver.

Does it work in safe mode (F8)?

Can you tell us your network setup?

What AV and firewall?

Encrypted or not?

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/124290-wireless-connection-media-disconnected.html
Relevancy 90.3%

hi need help regarding my wifi connection i ve been using this connection before and don t have any problems with then suddenly i just cant connect i ve done some troubleshooting reset my router remove and add my wireless connections but still nothing has changed i checked wireless disconnected (LAN) network media - connection the ipconfig and this is what it shows Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nila-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Globe Broadband - Prepaid Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Globe Broadband - Prepaid Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address AC- - - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address AC- - - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R wireless network connection (LAN) - media disconnected Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address AC- - - - -AF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain name Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Fast E thernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - F- -AA-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS wireless network connection (LAN) - media disconnected Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CAB DF -A F wireless network connection (LAN) - media disconnected - AD - C - AF EBF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C A -FF - A- - DCDCB E CD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FCD B E-CF - C - E C- FF DAD BE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface DCE- B - -B BB- F BDE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap domain name Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap ADC C F-F B- - D-C F F AACEF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb cf ba f f Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cf ba f f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Windows system gt im using windows home edition tnx nbsp

A:wireless network connection (LAN) - media disconnected

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful, exactly what happened when you tried to connect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-lan-media-disconnected.1127086/
Relevancy 90.3%

I really need help with my Wireless Connection It has always worked fine until recently Now i cannot repair the connection and when i do an ipconfig all it shows my Wired Connection as fine I can connect no Media Connection Wireless states Disconnected problem when Wireless Connection states Media Disconnected wired but my Wireless Connection comes up as Media State Media Disconnected and I cannot connect Wirelessly When I View Available Networks my SSID isn t appearing anymore even though Wireless Connection states Media Disconnected the SSID s both match with my laptop and the router as do the WEP keys I have tried resetting the Belkin Router to no avail and even tried turning off WEP security but still no joy Everything in Device Manager if fine as are the drivers etc Windows IP Configuration Host Name THExxxxxxxxxx Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address -A -xx-xx-xx-xx Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - -xx-xx-xx-xx I ve exhausted all my options in trying to solve this issue and have ran out of ideas Any help would be gratefully received nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

I was trying to setup a new Wireless Epson Workforce They asked for my SSID password that is how I found out about Wireless not working When I went to CMD to check my IP address I got this error below I called DTC today my Internet provider because now I cannot get Wireless without using connection from the modem She says there is something wrong with my Wireless Card Do I need to Error: Wireless disconnected connection for Media call Dell to get another one Thank you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Cheryl gt ipconfig Windows Error: Media disconnected for Wireless connection IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe a d be b c IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Error: Media disconnected for Wireless connection isatap C D- C - E-AFF -C BBE F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd a d f fefb Link-local IPv Address fe a d f fefb Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap F D - E - B -B F-CE C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Cheryl gt Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

Hello I m not very familiar with network connections and the correct terminology so please bear with IP conflict (media disconnected) / Wireless connection address problem me I have a Netgear WNR wireless router which worked fine for a few weeks Then something happened Wireless connection problem / IP address conflict (media disconnected) and I can t keep the connection anymore It happened right after I used iTunes to update my iPhone perhaps a coincidence but I m mentioning that just in case Internet still works fine with ethernet cable straight from the computer only the wireless connection doesn t work This happened about a month ago and I haven t been at home much to fix the problem I have turned off and unplugged everything for several days Wireless connection problem / IP address conflict (media disconnected) at a time while gone I get a Network Error message saying Windows has detected an IP address conflict I have tried restoring the router back to factory settings and reinstalling the wireless card I have tried changing the IP address settings both in the Network and Sharing Center and the router admin page Nothing helps What I think I should do is change the IP address in Command Prompt but when I type quot ipconfig release quot it says quot No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected quot and the same for Local Area Connection I don t understand what this means because there is a wireless key in my keyboard and there is a white light not orange like there should be Also in the Network and Sharing Center I can see that the connections are enabled After hours and hours of trying I am feeling quite hopeless about this so I am desperate for any help How do I get media connected or otherwise solve the problem My computer is HP Pavilion g running on Windows I don t have other devices that use internet besides that and an iPhone nbsp

A:Wireless connection problem / IP address conflict (media disconnected)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-problem-ip-address-conflict-media-disconnected.1083923/
Relevancy 87.29%

I have searched in this forum for a solution a few different ones came up and all with similar yet different Wireless Media Ethernet Disconnected adapter connection [SOLVED] Network problems [SOLVED] Ethernet adapter Wireless Network connection Media Disconnected Soooooooo I am posting this thread with my info I have an Eee Pc H XP SP and when I did an ipconfig all this is what it returned Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Aracely gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiniMe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - F- B-C Ethernet adapter LAN Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - - -AE- - B C Documents and Settings Aracely gt thanks for your assistance in advance EDIT - I have actually tried to do a TCP IP stack repair options for Windows XP with SP with no avail

A:[SOLVED] Ethernet adapter Wireless Network connection Media Disconnected

Firmware is updated and restarted router and nothing. It is only with the Eee PC Netbook. My other two laptops are working fine.

I have viewed system events and I have a network error: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-ethernet-adapter-wireless-network-connection-media-disconnected-527942.html
Relevancy 80.84%

i have been having an issue getting online for a few days. the power went out and immediately after, i have no connectivity. the ipconfig /all states i have media disconnected. I have tried everything from the netsh resets in the command prompt, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, resetting the modem. the strange thing is, i can get internet connectivity after resetting everything, and even play games such as League of legends, and go on AIM. but the second i open up mozilla or internet explorer, my internet stops connecting again. please help :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-ultimate-media-disconnected-wired-connection-517905.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Mainly an Xbox problem Connection: Area . disconnected . Ethernet : state Media . Local Media Was having trouble connecting it to XBL looked under IPCONFIG ALL and found this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Louis gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Ethernet Local Area Connection: Media state . . . : Media disconnected Address fe e d b IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific Ethernet Local Area Connection: Media state . . . : Media disconnected DNS Suffix IPv Address b bb facb Link-local IPv Address fe d c ce IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap C D - - B -B C-DA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fb e a bd Link-local IPv Address fe e a bd Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap FF - C - E - - F F F DE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap DD E- EB- -B BB-D FB D BCE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap FB C -ABD - B A- BB- DE B FE FC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Louis gt ipconfig all So how can I re-connect my Local area connection Thanks in advance I m running Windows Home Premium by the way nbsp

A:Ethernet Local Area Connection: Media state . . . : Media disconnected

what the make and model of the router

any lights come on the router when you plug the cable in
any lights on the PC near the cable connection

try a tcp/ip reset - see below

can we see a device manager screen shot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Post back the results here - we need to know these commands worked correctly
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-local-area-connection-media-state-media-disconnected.1022199/
Relevancy 76.54%

I m new to server administration but am familiar with the basics This is for a computer on an office network through a server Windows server There have recently been new computers introduced to our network and this is one of the ones that was replaced but is now going to be put back into service I am not able to get it to connect to our network or the internet I did ipconfig all amp this is what it tells me Host name - s Primary DNS suffix - xxxxx com mode type Local State...media Area - Connection disconnected 3 Media - Broadcast IP Routing Enabled - No WINS Proxy Enabled - No Etherenet adapter Local Local Area Connection 3 - Media State...media disconnected Area connection Media State - Media disconnected Description - Realtex RTL Local Area Connection 3 - Media State...media disconnected Family GIGABIT Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - A B- C- - I looked at Local Area Connection 3 - Media State...media disconnected the netword card through device manager and it says it s working properly When I look at My Network Places it tells me the network cable is unplugged I ve changed out the network cable with one that works on another computer that worked Any ideas I m trying to have this up and running for Monday morning nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

here is what I have besides a problem Can t connect to the wireless network that is in the next room but I can connect to theguys across the street I keep getting the messag that the LAN Media connection is DISCONNECTED on connection the computer trys to RENEW the IP address but can never do it I have run CMD propmts pconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig all nothing works for my home system yet my laptop is connected my tower is running on the guy across the street How do I fix this problem I m pasteing thihs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family connection Lan media 2 disconnected Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free Lan media disconnected connection 2 - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Govii Antivirus Spy Sweeper with AntiVirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled Help please Need this comuter for work nbsp

A:Lan media disconnected connection 2

can we see an xirrus screen shot
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.
Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-media-disconnected-connection-2.1089098/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi I recently moved disconnected more one wireless media to a new house and have a A-link V AP port VDSL router with modem So one more wireless media disconnected In this house i had a ethernet connection and not a VDSL connection and was told by the connection company to connect my device as one more wireless media disconnected a bridge and not as a router since with this device the router mode only works for VDSL connecions So I conneced a cat e cable with pin RJ plugs into the wall socket and the other end of it in the wireless device LAN port and tweaked the settings a bit and the wireless works for one of my PC i e ASUS K J OS Win But I have another laptop HP Pavillion dv OS Xp and the wireless doesnot work for it and remains in the acquiring network address and in the status of the wireless shows invalid IP address The ipconfig all says media disconnected For this machine if i connect the eth e cable from my machine to the LAN port of the wireless device then the wired connection seems to work I have gone throught many posts on the internet mostly from this website but cannot solve this problem Below are the few attachment which could be useful for you guys in debugging this Check your Services are Started on all PCs COM Event System for WZC issues Computer Browser DHCP Client DNS Client Network Connections Network Location Awareness Remote Procedure Call RPC Server TCP IP Netbios helper Wireless Zero Configuration XP wireless configurations only WLAN AutoConfig Vista wireless configurations only Workstation Checked all of these and they all are in started status Result of ipconfig all C Documents and Settings Salman gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name muhammad Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List elisa-laajakaista fi localdomain localdomain Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix localdomain Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix localdomain Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix elisa-laajakaista fi Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connect ion Physical Address - - - - - A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - -DE- - C-D Device manager and Wireless device property Please see the attachment Thanks and would be looking forward to hear from you -Muhammad Salman nbsp

A:one more wireless media disconnected

How many public IP addresses are you paying for? If it is the usual one for residential service you will have internet access on only one device at a time unless you get a router or use Internet Connection Sharing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-more-wireless-media-disconnected.1093283/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,
I am running an HP Pavillion AMD quad core desktop which is a little over a year old and has a wireless card in it (which I have been using with no problem). Today, I moved the computer from downstairs to upstairs and for some reason, it is not picking up ANY networks to connect to anymore!

I brought my laptop to the same area and it picked up over 10 wireless networks to connect to right away.!

I ran an IPCONFIG and this showed that my media is disconnected. Please help me fix this. Again, it worked fine before moving it

Thank you,

Relevancy 72.24%

I'm trying to create an Ad-hoc network for use with my Android phone, however the phone does not discover the network.
I've browsed various forums and tried a few things, but with no success.
My laptop is able to detect other wireless networks. Wired Ethernet connection works fine.
ipconfig /all results are below. The broadcom wireless LAN adapter shows Media Disconnected.

I'm running Norton Internet Security and HP Wireless Assistant.
I'd really appreciate your help.

A:Wireless adapter media disconnected

I've solved my problem now. I didn't realise that Android didn't support connecting to an ad-hoc network. I needed to create a wireless hotspot. I found out how to do that at this site http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/set-windows-7-wifi-hotspot-quick-tip/
Also using dedicated Windows software like Connectify or virtualrouter.coldplex.com apparently also work.
Thanks for your service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-media-disconnected.1013821/
Relevancy 72.24%

I know this problem has been discussed before but I followed all the steps in the previous thread and it didn't work for me. I'm so confused. My wireless worked fine for months and now it doesnt. I connect for about 10 secs and then it disconnects me. While connecting it gets to waiting for network to be ready, where it stays for sometime and then it just stops trying to connect. Please can someone help me, i dont mind running through steps i've already tried if it helps, just please someone help me!

Thanks

Ru

A:Cmd Media disconnected, cannot connect to wireless!

Ok I realise now that I've put this in the wrong forum but I'm not sure how to move it so I'll carry on... I went into cmd and did ipconfig/all and it said was:
'ipcofig' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I then did ipconfig and got :
C:\Documents and Settings\Ru>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Can anyone help me? I'm not very computer savvy so you might need to walk me through the steps. Thanks

Ru

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cmd-media-disconnected-cannot-connect-to-wireless-269134.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Ethernet/wireless hardware is not showing up...IP ROUTING ENABLED...NO
ETHERNET ADAPTER WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION... MEDIA DISCONNECTED.
INTEL PRO WIRELESS...
might have to do with firewall settings? Tried to disable all firewalls but it didn't solve issue- i believe something needs to be reconfigured in command settings- please help

Relevancy 72.24%

I ve followed various things about solving my wireless network state media disconnected ip address set disconnected, now = dhcp wireless media bad to I ve done ipconfig renew Now it s telling me this After sorting the DNS stuff Registration of wireless media disconnected, now dhcp = bad the DNS resource records for all adapters of this computer has b een initiated Any errors will be reported in the Event Viewer in minutes Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected An error occurred while renewing interface wireless media disconnected, now dhcp = bad Wireless Network Connection The DHC P client has obtained an IP address that is already in use on the network The l ocal interface will be disabled until the DHCP client can obtain wireless media disconnected, now dhcp = bad a new address Windows IP Configuration Host Name acer- ef d Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address -C - F-F -B - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - -CE- D- A- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server The LAN doesn t matter right But do I just register the DNS thing again and hope it finds the right ip address I thought I was almost there so don t want to mess around too much anymore nbsp

A:wireless media disconnected, now dhcp = bad

Are you connected to a router or a modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-media-disconnected-now-dhcp-bad.1090196/
Relevancy 72.24%

Recently my computer stopped seeing my wifi network. It is able to see other networks in range. it works when hardwired. all other devices in the house are online.
That being said, in the device manager it says the drivers are up to date and working properly. The DNS and IP are on auto. I also tried ipconfig/release and it said it cannot perform while media is disconnected. I went into the CMD and did the ipconfig and it said the media is disconnected. screen shot below
Can someone help me?

Relevancy 72.24%

I use Vista 64 OS, on my wifes laptop. I had to install a new anti virus program and I used Macafee Enterprise 8.7, because I had it.
After the install I lost all internet connections, cable and WiFi,
So, I uninstall the macafee, to see if it was the problem. Nothing changed.
I did ipconfig /all and it shows media disconnected.
I manually entered addresses and nothing.
I cant ping either to microsoft or my router etc.
The laptop sees 5 bars and the linksys router, which this computer has been suing for quite sometime, over 3 months.
I re registered winsocks etc. No change.
I have rebooted , directly connected lan, turned off all firewalls, anti virus etc. I tried Mozilla, and IE Explorer 7. Nothing.
My other laptops, 2 and desktop work fine.
One thing I dont understand is the laptop keeps asking for the password key for the when I try to connect.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Vista Connection Problem? Media disconnected

Does this file help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-connection-problem-media-disconnected-348993.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have an Asus EeePC with Windows XP. My network stopped working in the middle of downloading some pictures. The computer told me I was low on resources at one point. So, I deleted some programs and files I no longer need. Then, I continued downloading. Everything was fine until the downloading stopped and the network showed that it was disconnected. I searched for available wireless networks to reconnect and it showed none available. Every other computer in my house is working fine with the wireless connection. I checked the network card and everything seems to be working fine. It just continually shows me that their is no connection. When I ran a wizard I got the message "Network connection status: media disconnected". Please help! Thank you.

A:Network connection status: media disconnected

how much free space do you have on the C: drive

can we see the following ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-status-media-disconnected.1029348/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,
I have installed window 7 ultimate.32 bit on my desktop with i3-3rd gen. 2 gb ram.

On connecting local area connection cable, there is light in port

on ping..there is response..

on ipconfig...

all data then after Media State : Media disconnected ( for Tunnel 1 adapter)

before win 7 , i was using ubuntu .. LAn was working fine.

on using diagnose in Local area connection status, i got internet for a while, but then after & now no responce by diagnose as well.

plz help.

A:Local Area connection,media Disconnected

Tunnel adapters are Media disconnected here on my PC as well. Do you get no intenet warning or any yellow mark on the network connection icon in the notification area?

Make sure chipset drivers are installed and Ethernet drivers are up to date

Open cmd: ping www.google.com -t
Let it run
When you see the problem, does it continue to get a response from ping?

Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download

run cmd: netsh winsock reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373109-local-area-connection-media-disconnected.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Problem Windows XP system displays quot media disconnected quot message when ipconfig is executed Wireless unable to see networks in the area The solution only applies and the problem probably only appears on systems with Intel networking hardware Out of gratitude for this forum helping me fix this problem I thought it would be appropriate to add a bit more detail This is being written in June and the referenced thread was so the problem still happens after years The solution is simply to download and install Intel Wireless ProSet software from the Intel web site In my case merely installing the software was sufficient to fix the problem I didn t even have to reboot I got a quot networks available quot message as the installation finished up The previous thread indicated that doing a reset with that software was necessary I also want to point out that the Intel web site has a lot of different versions of Wireless ProSet It may be necessary for you to run an assaying tool such as Belarc Advisor to determine which model networking hardware is on your system before doing the download Thanks to this forum Media Wireless to 1011940 Followup Disconnected for pointing me Followup to 1011940 Wireless Media Disconnected in the right direction Gear nbsp

A:Followup to 1011940 Wireless Media Disconnected

Glad you got a solution for your problem, but with XP and Intel in most cases it is best to use the latest Proset Wireless and driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site. Sometimes getting them directly from Intel's web site gives you the same, and there are cases where the Intel version works better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/followup-to-1011940-wireless-media-disconnected.1100301/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I have a problem with my wifi connection I have selected my IP address automatically and DNS server address automatically All devices are working Wifi disconnected Wireless media Solved: properly in Device Manager my wifi is on and I also tried ipconfig release and ipconfig renew Please help Here is my XP gt cmd gt ipconfig all also ipconfig release and renew Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Flory gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name florychan Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description SiS Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - -D - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff fed Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Friday April PM Lease Expires Friday April PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - - -BD Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Solved: Wifi Wireless media disconnected Network Ad apter Physical Address - -AF-D - E- Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings Flory gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff fed Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Flory gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff fed Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address fe efe Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Flory gt nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

My laptop has stopped connecting to the internet this morning for no apparent reason It recognises the wireless router and says it is connected but won t connect when I open internet explorer All other laptops in the house connect fine so it must be disconnected - media stopped working wireless an issue with my computer rather than the router itself I ve run an ipconfig all and get the following C Users Matt gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration wireless stopped working - media disconnected Host Name Matt-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d de cf b a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff wireless stopped working - media disconnected fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - -EE-B -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D AFE A- A D- -B CD-CB E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I ve spent the afternoon trawling the net but can t seem to get it working again When I go to my network connections also can t see my LAN anymore I guess that may be related Any help much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with Windows XP that is about four years old.

It's been working fine, except that one day the wireless internet just stopped working. It was connecting fine and then all of a sudden the wireless network connection said: 'No wireless networks were found in range,' even though there are wireless networks in range. I have three other computers on this wireless network and there are no problems with them at all.

I checked to see if it was an IP problem by checking ipconfig in the command prompt and it says for both my wireless and broadcom: media disconnected

Everything is working fine in the device manager. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but there was no result.

I got stumped and decided to wipe the hard drive and reinstall the OS. However, once I reinstalled all the drivers I still had the same problem.

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Lee

A:No Wireless Networks in Range: Media Disconnected

It is possible that the antenna cable has either failed or disconnected.

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

If broken, they are available (eg: http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/421-...nna-Cable.html )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-wireless-networks-in-range-media-disconnected-417112.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with Windows XP that is about four years old.

It's been working fine, except that one day the wireless internet just stopped working. It was connecting fine and then all of a sudden the wireless network connection said: 'No wireless networks were found in range,' even though there are wireless networks in range. I have three other computers on this wireless network and there are no problems with them at all.

I checked to see if it was an IP problem by checking ipconfig in the command prompt and it says for both my wireless and broadcom: media disconnected

Everything is working fine in the device manager. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but there was no result.

I got stumped and decided to wipe the hard drive and reinstall the OS. However, once I reinstalled all the drivers I still had the same problem.

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Lee

A:No Wireless Networks in Range: Media Disconnected

Does you laptop have a switch that turns the wireless on and off? Or a key combination like FN + F2? Otherwise I would open up the back and re-seat the wireless card. If that doesn't work it may have just died. You can get a new one for about $30 and they are a cinch to replace.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wireless-networks-in-range-media-disconnected.863759/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have an issue with my wireless adapter not being able to connect with my SKY Router Other wireless devices smart phone amp laptop are communicating fine In an earlier thread I discovered some clues but have been unable to fix the problem From a Johnwill post Check your Services are Started on all PCs COM Event System for WZC issues Computer Browser DHCP Client DNS Client Network Connections Network Location Awareness Remote Procedure Call RPC Server TCP IP Netbios helper Wireless Zero Configuration XP wireless configurations only WLAN AutoConfig Vista wireless configurations only Workstation All of these services are STARTED and Automatic This is the screen shot of my IPCONFIG Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings naveed gt cmd k ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name user- f Solved: wireless iponfig disconnected media f Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connection Physical Address - D- -F - D-EE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Linksys Solved: iponfig wireless media disconnected AE Physical Address -AA- Solved: iponfig wireless media disconnected B- -CD-D C Documents and Settings naveed gt Device Manager All network adapters are working properly I attach screen shots quot device manager amp quot xirrus wifi inspector i attach the screenshot of xirrus jpg I also installed uninstalled and reinstalled my Belkin N adapter multiple times Eventually I got fed up and went back to PC World and exchanged it for a Linksys AS adapter but I still have the same problem When I run the install program the Linksys CD picks up my wireless network amd even prompts me for the password but cannot connect to the net I get periodic quot wireless network detected quot messages but whn I right click no networks are picked up This is maddening Please help Thanks Salman nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,
maybe you can help me. I have re-installed vista home basic on a machine that had home premium before. I cannot get online even though I am detecting networks at full strength.
Iconfig/all gives this:

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 71.38%

Can anyone help me for this problem. My PC has beenr reformat yesterday, it works fine till now. Suddenly I can't open my internet explorer, it stated that my media card has been disconnected. I didn't do a thing to my computer, I know very little so I appreciate anyone can help me by telling me what to do? Thanks in advance.

My PC is HP Pavilion a1640n running WinXP Media Center. Duo Processor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-the-internet-connection-media-card-disconnected.691347/
Relevancy 71.38%

Good day Guys I am owning an ASUS K V laptop bought years ago and occassionally have some problems with my ethernet-bluetooth bundle in the past Bluetooth Ethernet disconnected Connection adapter 2: Media but solved them with system restore and it worked The problem now was after hibernating my laptop today and opening it again it failed to restore several times and I DUMPED MY RESTORE DATA and proceeded to full startup When everything has settled I noticed that my ethernet-bluetooth bundle is not working i e the ethernet cable cannot be detected but my wireless networks are working I tried sytem restore Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Connection 2: Media disconnected several times and it does not help this time In summary here are the combo of problems Atheros Ethernet software cannot be found in device manager Blutooth Peripheral Driver is not installed the common windows bluetooth peripheral problem I typed Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Connection 2: Media disconnected ipconfig in the command prompt and here is the input Ethernet Adapter Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Connection 2: Media disconnected Bluetooth Conneciton Media State Media Disconnected Connection-Specific DNS Suffix Hope to hear from anyone and advance thanks for the help Regards tsokolate

A:Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Connection 2: Media disconnected

Quote: Originally Posted by tsokolate

Ethernet Adapter Bluetooth Conneciton 2:

Media State..............................:Media Disconnected

The "Media Disconnected" usually means it is Disabled or the Device/Driver was not started up. Try re-installing the Driver, which should be in Windows Update by default if not, then I am not to sure, I need more information before I can actually tell you things that may help.

I need to know when the last time this was working (specifically), when it stopped working, if it stopped working if there was anything connected in the port, and lastly how often do you put the laptop in "Hibernation Mode?"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/348301-ethernet-adapter-bluetooth-connection-2-media-disconnected.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am using an HP compaq p with windows xp My wireless adapter is Intel Wireless Wifi Link AGN I moved to a new house so am using a new wireless for the first time My laptop detects the wireless and other wireless connections nearby but will not connect My iphone is connected to the wireless and the wired connection to my laptop is fine So the problem is my laptop When I try to renew ip this is the message I get C Documents and Settings user gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected C Documents and Settings user gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network can't ip wireless won't media disconnected, address need connect, help! because renew Connection while it has its media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected This is a list of some things I have tried to fix it I have rebooted after each attempt none have worked uninstalled just the wireless network adapter uninstalling all adapters Restarted Wireless Zero Configuration Unclicked internet connection sharing on Local Area Connection Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog downloaded Wifi Link AGN from intel website and reinstalled it Please can anyone help me nbsp

A:wireless won't connect, can't renew ip address because media disconnected, need help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wont-connect-cant-renew-ip-address-because-media-disconnected-need-help.1052403/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello, I downloaded some malware and tried to remove it with Malwarebytes, and it seemed to have worked except that now I get this problem of not being able to connect to the Internet although I'm clearly connected. When I tried to release and renew the IP address I get the error that the media is disconnected. Thank you so much in advance

A:Media disconnected and no Internet though connected to wireless network

I'm about to do a fresh install of the OS, so if there's any of you who wants to help me, it's gonna need to be done pretty soon! I'm on my wits end!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596217/media-disconnected-and-no-internet-though-connected-to-wireless-network/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there I have a Dell Inspiron N and using Windows My wireless not media Solved: wireless/broadband disconnected? working: and broadband Solved: wireless/broadband not working: media disconnected? connection stopped working Results of a PING test revealed NO RESPONSE Default Gateway DHCP server Wireless and broadband connect to the internet fine from other PCs Any help or troubleshooting support would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advanced for your reply The results for my ipconfig all are as follows Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Pink gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Pink-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List phub net cable rogers com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address AC- - - C-E - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address AC- - - C-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address AC- - - C-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc b bde a dbc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - AM Lease Expires August- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C - - - - - - -E -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - - -E -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address fd ce c c a d ce a f Prefe rred Temporary IPv Address fd ce c c a f b b a Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe d ce a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - AM Lease Expires August- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C - - - - - - -E -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address AC- - - C-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B C D- C- B - - E C AF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E-BAC - A- - CC A EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap phub net cable rogers com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC F E-B A - BA -BB - FB F C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I have problems that I m sure if they re related or not Here s the st issue First my network setup is Media Webserver Problem...Personal Disconnected and Connection Weird a main computer hooked directly to the internet via ethernet a computer in my room wireless D-link adapter a notebook-pc that is just a few months old internal wireless adapter NOTE all computers on the network share the same internet ip address Weird Connection Problem...Personal Webserver and Media Disconnected Last night I decided that I would turn the computer in my room into a personal home webserver It took me about an hour or two to set up but afterwards I was able to view the computer in my room from both my internal ip address and the public ip address xxx xxx I guess I was feeling brave at the time so I then decided to try to set Weird Connection Problem...Personal Webserver and Media Disconnected up another webserver on the main computer BIG mistake You can t have two webservers on the same ip address First off in setting the second webserver up I had to disable the first webserver from the router and stop the services from running Then once I set everything correctly on the second webserver I could only view the computer from the http localhost or internal ip address couldn t view it from the public ip address domain name like the first webserver that I set up After noticing this problem I removed the second webserver from the main computer and undid what I changed on the router After starting the services back on the first webserver I can only view the http localhost or internal ip address can t view it from the public ip address domain name The nd issue has to do with my notebook-pc Today I ve basically been trying to fix problem number However in trying to fix it I stumbled upon this nd problem I noticed that my notebook-pc was unable to ping anything It can t ping itself other network computers the router any internet site etc I tried using both the names and the ip addresses for all but still no luck This is really weird because I still have an internet connection that works on both the notebook and the other computers I think my main issue from what I ve gathered so far is this I ran an ipconfig all on the notebook-pc and found that I have three areas that say quot Media State Media Disconnected quot Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected I m not really too sure on how to go about fixing these problems If anybody knows someway that may fix them it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-connection-problem-personal-webserver-and-media-disconnected.644457/
Relevancy 70.52%

Well I started a thread in security but I m started to think connection being Solved: keeps wireless disconnected. My it s not security at all Where do i start Well I can surf the net fine but as soon as i go into this game called Eudemons Online my internet is disconnected and restared Like i said I can surf the net for hours on end well with the occasional interuption due to the main dsl router restarting leasing a new ip address but other than that I can continueously surf the net without interuption Yet AS SOON as i go on this game I am disconnected I have contacted the game s tech support they say it s on my end I have contacted Solved: My wireless connection keeps being disconnected. verizon tech support and again they say it s on my end Recently my area had a bad T-storm and ever since my connection signal has been weak and the link quality has been poor I have checked all my cables my drivers different router channel ie Ran spyware adware trojan check from multiple programs virus scanes etc I have cleared all my cashe files temp files etc I have tested my adapter and it is working fine Not that i don t sincerely enjoy trying to figure things out on my own because I love sitting and researching problems for hours when it comes to IT but I cannot figure this out Lets see sone information regarding what I am working with PC Sony Vaio System Windows XP - Microsoft Home Edition - version - Secutiy pack Pentium CPU GHz GHz GB Ram DSL Router Westell VersaLink - Model D - W - Wireless Adapter ZyXEL Wireless Adapter - Model G- v This is all I can think to add at the moment but if there is anything else please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi says disconnected wierdness. Wireless connect but on secured to can unsecured media For days now I have battled this problem and have had no joy I can connect to unsecured networks fine but when I try to connect to a secured network I fail ipconfig all shows the media as disconnected even though it isn t and if I try to connect again to an unsecured network it works fine If I use a cable straight into the access point everything works fine other laptops in the house work fine as well I have an HP pavilion laptop zd zd ea to be precise running XP I am using a wireless usb dongle which is a kcorp kls- I have posted the ipconfig all text below Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured I have the password for the secured network this problem has happened in various locations and my laptop is Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured the only common denominator I am sure it is to Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured blame Many thanks for your help G Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp CONNECTION TO UNSECURED NETWORK C Documents and Settings G gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name L Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Wireless g USB Adapter Physical Address - - B-D -EF-BF Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February CONNECTION TO THE SECURED NERTWORK C Documents and Settings G gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name L Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Wireless g USB Adapter Physical Address - - B-D -EF-BF CONNECTION TO THE SECURED NETWORK USING A CABLE C Documents and Settings G gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name L Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List SE Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix SE Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethe rnet NIC Physical Address -C - F- -B -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires March Thanks again G nbsp

A:Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wierdness-can-connect-to-unsecured-but-says-media-disconnected-on-secured.688155/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey tech support guy, I need help
I replace my computer tower with my brothers old one so I tried to set it up
But then when I tried to connect to my wireless, it keeps saying my password is wrong, but it's right because
It works with other computers in my house, then after tinkering around it said something
Was wrong with my ip connection, when I check my ip config it says for everything, media disconnected.
I spent 2 hours google
Searching and trying out the ideas people said on forums, but no luck.
I really need help

Thanks for listening, can you help me?

A:Can't connect to wireless router, checked ipconfig media disconnected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wireless-router-checked-ipconfig-media-disconnected.1144331/
Relevancy 66.65%

i wanna know how i can save the songs from the internet by using media player. how can i listen to the tracks without going online? i just got the media 10.0 yesterday its really confusing...but cooler though... i can't download still the xp service pack 2 it always tend to freeze up..

i wanna ask how come my wireless connection wont connect me anymore to the internet unlike before even though it's very low connection i can still connect but now all it says there is a connection but whenever i try using internet explorer it searches for the site then detects the proxy server then after that a blank page...why is that? i just wanna know if there is a problem with my wireless please help..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-and-windows-new-media-player-ask-for-help.269907/
Relevancy 65.36%

Every time I try to view internet media that streams content to Windows Media Player I get stuck at this point cos my internet connection immediately cuts off At first I thought it was just the regular occasional momentary loss of connection that happens every couple hours or so althought sometimes not for days But nope I soon realised there was To Causes Windows Connection Streaming Media In Drop Wireless Player My definitely a cause and effect correlation I have two laptops and ironically it doesn t happen on the one that runs XP Professional but on the one running XP Media Center It happens regardless of what version of WMP I m using cos both laptops came with v and have both been upgraded to v I even upgraded the faulty laptop s WMP to v hoping that perhaps this was a wide-spread problem that they had written out of the new player but no such luck The one that has always played correctly continues to play correctly despite upgrades while the one that never worked correctly continues not to despite upgrades What s going on I mean they connect via the same router to the same only modem that I have They both use the same browser Firefox v - I even let the faulty laptop try streaming from an Internet Explorer browser on the off-chance that perhaps this was one of those times where a Microsoft program mysteriously chooses to work only in conjunction with other Microsoft ware for absolutely no reason But it wasn t it was poor logic i know esp cos WMP and firefox work fine together on the other laptop but believe me i ve had situations where this was an equally unlikely solution but it inexplicably worked no seriously it s been weird Anyway according to some this problems occurs precisely because there are two laptops sharing the broadband and they don t like it yeah not Streaming In Windows Media Player Causes My Wireless Connection To Drop much of an explanation i was skim-reading Streaming In Windows Media Player Causes My Wireless Connection To Drop so one of them fails to stream But I tried it when the quot healthy quot laptop was even turned OFF and it STILL didn t work Meanwhile all other streaming-platforms work just fine youtube divx tudou not sure about realplayer and I can listen to web-radio and podcasts on iTunes without any problems The quot sick quot laptop automatically reconnects to the internet as soon as the window tab containing the WMP console is closed But this problem is restricting me from watching a lot of stuff and it s incredibly annoying esp when I m downloading something Besides what s the point of forcing myself to watch videos on a quot -laptop that has shrill crappy speakers when I specifically bought myself TV-replacement-machine that has a quot -screen and decent sound Any help is much appreciated

A:Streaming In Windows Media Player Causes My Wireless Connection To Drop

I ended up finding the solution to my problem on in this post: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213I went through the steps they outlined and tried each suggestion one by one, testing it every time I made a change.The solution was under the heading 'Configuring/Troubleshooting the Windows Media Player plugin':Player appears, player status bar says 'Ready', no error messages, but nothing happens when you click Play.For the Windows Media Player plugin to work, Internet Explorer must have access to the internet: ...Which isn't actually what was happening with mine, and I chose not to follow the instructions that followed immediately after:* Make sure Internet Explorer is not set to Work Offline mode: To check if IE is in 'Work Offline' mode, open IE and open the File menu. There would be a tick by the 'Work Offline' option. Click it to take IE off Work Offline mode. * Make sure that Internet Explorer's proxy settings are correct. * Make sure that Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player are not blocked by your Firewall.But the second part looked plausible:This can also be caused by DSL/cable providers using Network Address Translation (NAT) not forwarding UDP packets properly. The solution is to disable UDP in Windows Media Player: * In WMP, click Tools > Options * Select 'Network' * Deselect 'UDP'It has also been reported that reinstalling/upgrading/downgrading Windows Media Player can solve this.And that single click did it!(Strangely enough, that box is checked on my other laptop ... Just out of interest, does anyone know why this is?)In the process, I discovered that two of the necessary dll's were missing, so I downloaded them from www.dlldump.com and installed them. I tested it with and without them - both before and after changing the UDP value - and although they had no effect with respect to my problem, it's good to know that I now have the 'full package'.I also installed the security alert that is referred to at the beginning of the post. I don't think it had any relevance to my problem, and installing it didn't have any apparent effect on the playing capability of the embedded plugin, but it's good to use protection ;) I recommend this thread to anyone else who has an XP cum Windows Media Player cum Firefox-related problem - it will serve you well: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125413/streaming-in-windows-media-player-causes-my-wireless-connection-to-drop/
Relevancy 65.36%

Every time I try to view internet media that streams content to Windows Media Player I get stuck at this point cos my internet connection immediately cuts off I have two laptops and ironically it doesn't happen on the one that runs XP Professional but on the one running XP to causes Windows Streaming Media wireless connection Player in my drop Media Center It Streaming in Windows Media Player causes my wireless connection to drop happens regardless of what version of WMP I'm using cos both laptops came with v and have both been upgraded to v I even upgraded the faulty laptop's WMP to v hoping that perhaps this was a wide-spread problem that they had written out of the new player but no such luck The one that has always played correctly continues to play correctly despite upgrades while the one that never worked correctly continues not to despite upgrades What's going on I mean they connect via the same router to the same only modem that I have They both use the same browser Firefox v - I even let the faulty laptop try streaming from Streaming in Windows Media Player causes my wireless connection to drop an Internet Explorer browser on the off-chance that perhaps this was one of those times where a Microsoft program mysteriously chooses to work only in conjunction with other Microsoft ware for absolutely no reason But it wasn't it was poor logic i know esp cos WMP and firefox work fine together on the other laptop but believe me i've had situations where this was an equally unlikely solution but it inexplicably worked blink no seriously it's been weird Anyway according to some this problems occurs precisely because there are two laptops sharing the broadband and they don't like it yeah not much of an explanation i was skim-reading P so one of them fails to stream But I tried it when the quot healthy quot laptop was even turned OFF and it STILL didn't work Meanwhile all other streaming-platforms work just fine youtube divx tudou not sure about realplayer and I can listen to web-radio and podcasts on iTunes without any problems The quot sick quot laptop automatically reconnects to the internet as soon as the window tab containing the WMP console is closed But this problem is restricting me from watching a lot of stuff and it's incredibly annoying esp when I'm downloading something Besides what's the point of forcing myself to watch videos on a quot -laptop that has shrill crappy speakers when I specifically bought myself TV-replacement-machine that has a quot -screen and decent sound

A:Streaming in Windows Media Player causes my wireless connection to drop

I ended up finding the solution to my problem on in this post: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213

I went through the steps they outlined and tried each suggestion one by one, testing it every time I made a change.

The solution was under the heading 'Configuring/Troubleshooting the Windows Media Player plugin':

Quote:

Player appears, player status bar says 'Ready', no error messages, but nothing happens when you click Play.
For the Windows Media Player plugin to work, Internet Explorer must have access to the internet: ...

Which isn't actually what was happening with mine, and I chose not to follow the instructions that followed immediately after:

Quote:

* Make sure Internet Explorer is not set to Work Offline mode: To check if IE is in 'Work Offline' mode, open IE and open the File menu. There would be a tick by the 'Work Offline' option. Click it to take IE off Work Offline mode.
* Make sure that Internet Explorer's proxy settings are correct.
* Make sure that Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player are not blocked by your Firewall.

But the second part looked plausible:

Quote:

This can also be caused by DSL/cable providers using Network Address Translation (NAT) not forwarding UDP packets properly. The solution is to disable UDP in Windows Media Player:

* In WMP, click Tools > Options
* Select 'Network'
* Deselect 'UDP'

It has also been reported that reinstalling/upgrading/downgrading Windows Media Player can solve this.

And that single click did it!
(Strangely enough, that box is checked on my other laptop ... Just out of interest, does anyone know why this is?)

In the process, I discovered that two of the necessary dll's were missing, so I downloaded them from www.dlldump.com and installed them. I tested it with and without them - both before and after changing the UDP value - and although they had no effect with respect to my problem, it's good to know that I now have the 'full package'.

I also installed the security alert that is referred to at the beginning of the post. I don't think it had any relevance to my problem, and installing it didn't have any apparent effect on the playing capability of the embedded plugin, but it's good to use protection ;)

I recommend this thread to anyone else who has an XP cum Windows Media Player cum Firefox-related problem - it will serve you well: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/streaming-in-windows-media-player-causes-my-wireless-connection-to-drop-211038.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently bought a new win XP laptop (with windows media center).

I first setup the wireless connection to my router - no problems.

I then walked through the Media Center setup. I chose to connect to my wireless network - thinking I can play all the songs/video tht I have on my desktop. Well, when setting up the wireless connection - it couldnt find my wireless network. In hindsight it may be because the bandwith of My D-Link router is not sufficient - or perhaps Media Center doesn' support 802.11b wireless?

Anyhow, since this, I have totally lost connection to my wireless network - it says "Limited or no Connectivity".

I've tried Disconnecting and then reconnecting to the wireless network, disabling and enabling the connection, and also repairing the wireless network (via Control Panel - Networks). I still can't find a way get my connection back to my wireless network.

Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Windows Media Center setup breaks wireless connection

How many wireless clients do you have on your laptop. Windows is one but do you have anything like antheross wireless utility?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-center-setup-breaks-wireless-connection.526699/
Relevancy 64.93%

So, media player will not let anything stream through.. Yet everything else in Windows Media Player and the laptop works perfect. I have Vista Home Premium w/ie7 on a dual core hp laptop. My post a couple of days ago didn't get one answer. I realize did a bad job explaining my problem. I researched and along with the advice given here I obliterated that crazy avscan super pro trojan virus. Thanks in advance, Tina

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-doesnt-recognize-my-wireless-internet-connection.880459/
Relevancy 64.5%

We bought two Toshiba Satellite L laptops Both worked great Then I uninstalled Norton s on one of them and the wireless connection stopped working If I do a ipconfig on it the wireless is in a state of quot Disconnected Windows Media 7 media disconnected quot I have tried all of the suggestions on this website and others to no avail So I finally tried to use the quot Restore to Factory Default quot option I backed up all of my data files and started the restore about half-way through it failed simply said quot Error - please turn off computer quot When I did I could not reboot quot missing Windows 7 Media Disconnected boot strap quot So I created a boot disk from the other laptop and booted up the laptop but nothing was there could no longer do a resore So I then created a system image of the other lap top and was able to restore to that image Now my laptop looks just like my mothers mirror image But hers still connects just fine mine does not still has the same error and yes to the inevitable question my wireless is turned on Although now my FN keys do not work At any rate my son has suggested that I reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows but it did not come with a disc which means buying the software Any suggestions before I shell out another nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

my wireless wont connect what so ever at all tried everything here is my ipconfig please help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Master Shaq gt ip config all 'ip' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Users Master Shaq gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MasterShaq-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type disconnected?!?! media HELP.. Windows 7 Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B-D -DB- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI-E Fa st Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - A- - B- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f eca a Preferred Windows 7 media disconnected?!?! HELP.. IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August PM Lease Expires Sunday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F -FF-F - - - A- - B- F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F EDAE -B B - D C-AC - D F AC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E DC -CA - ED- DD-DFCBFC E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - Windows 7 media disconnected?!?! HELP.. - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e be bb f f fd Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe be bb f f fd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Master Shaq gt

A:Windows 7 media disconnected?!?! HELP..

Hello,

This Thread will be Closed, you will get helped here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-media-disconnected-help-506340.html
Relevancy 64.5%

So I finally fixed the crash my computer did yesterday But as expected after the updates the internet connection died We have laptops and one desktop of the laptops are Dell Inspiron s my brother s and mine and another one is an ASUS The desktop is an EMachine All three of the other computers are working the internet fine Work Other Connection Fine Computers "Media All Disconnected" Lost then mine When I double-click the wireless network Im connecting to under quot View Available Wireless Networks quot it d Lost Connection "Media Disconnected" All Other Computers Work Fine say quot Waiting to connect quot then quot Connected quot But when I refresh after it s quot connected quot it would say quot Not connected quot next to the network name It would get stuck in quot Acquiring Network Address quot It wouldn t end up at quot Connected quot at all This was a problem a few days ago It d stay Lost Connection "Media Disconnected" All Other Computers Work Fine connected for a few minutes then disconnect But since my computer Lost Connection "Media Disconnected" All Other Computers Work Fine crashed and I rebooted the computer with the recovery disk it would just stay disconnected It would get stuck in quot Repair quot But under the quot Disabling quot step We ran ipconfig and it said that the Media was disconnected and it came up with the ip address Help gt lt nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I m hoping someone here can help Disconnected" router wired with "Media connection me fix my Ethernet connection to my router so I can configure it for wi-fi Let me start by giving you the full background story I have a US Robotics router and a D-Link DCM- cable modem on Comcast I ve had this router for years and initially configured it for wireless access using a Windows XP system this router requires you to configure it via Ethernet and That computer stopped working last year so I got a new computer running Windows When I first got this new PC I could not connect to my router via Ethernet just like I can t "Media Disconnected" with wired router connection now but I was still able to connect to the wireless network I had previously set up so I was satisfied A year went by and last week I was suddenly unable to access my wireless network so I did a factory reset on the router erasing my previously configured wireless network and requiring me to connect the router to my computer via Ethernet to reconfigure the router I tried to do this but despite all of the correct LEDs being lit on the router I could not access A little poking around on my control panel revealed that my LAN was being labeled as an quot Unidentified Network quot and there was quot No Internet "Media Disconnected" with wired router connection Access quot I tried to make it a private network but that didn t fix the issue I searched around for a while and read some advice to try running ipconfig When I did that I saw quot Media "Media Disconnected" with wired router connection Disconnected quot for my LAN adapter Googling that brought me here I ve tried a few of the possible solutions already with no luck It might be helpful to know that with the same computer and the same Ethernet cable directly connected to my modem instead of through the router I CAN get online That s how I m connected right now Also I have no problem accessing any wi-fi networks Please let me know which commands you d like me to run and post so you can help me out Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

A few days ago I lost my internet connection After rebooting my laptop Dell Inspiron my cable modem and my wireless router to no avail I called Cox my internet provider and they had me do some troubleshooting Results of ipconfig Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright Lost my "media internet connection - disconnected" - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Terri gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe bff fe c e Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway Lost my internet connection - "media disconnected" Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address fe efe Default Gateway Because of the bad ip address Cox had me do an ipconfig release Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Terri gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C Documents and Settings Terri gt The above message made me look twice at the results of the ipconfig and I noticed for the first time the part about the ethernet adapter Cox had me physically connect my laptop to my cable modem with an ethernet cable - no luck At this point Cox informed me that this is probably a hardware problem Do you agree I ve noticed you typically request an ipconfig all so Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Terri gt Lost my internet connection - "media disconnected" ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Baby Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -AE- - C Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell TrueMobile WLAN Mini-PCI C ard Physical Address - - B- -C -E Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe bff fe c e Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings Terri gt The local Data Doctors shop told me by phone that if my ethernet adapter is indeed bad I would have to replace my entire motherboard I d welcome any suggestions as to what else the problem might be Thank you Terri nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi -

I have an Dell M4600 and am connected to the internet via wifi with a strong connection. However, I cannot connect to any of my other devices (printers etc.). I have moderate knowledge an went to check my IP address in command prompt. When I did the IPconfig/release - I get a media disconnected message on the following:
Wireless LAN adapter for Wireless Network Conn2
Ethernet Adapter Local Area Conn 2
Ethernet Adapter Bluetooth
Wireless LAN adapter for Wireless Network Conn
Ethernet Adapter Local Area Conn
And then several on Tunnel adapter

I have searched your database and see a suggestion for XP, but am not sure where to go from here for Windows 7.

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-disconnected-msg-in-ip-config-for-windows-7-a-1108506.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My Media State has somehow become disconnected and I am trying to reconnect it. Can anyone walk me through the steps in order to complete this task? (MY DISC WILL NOT LOAD)

A:?Windows Media State disconnected?

huh? What has become disconnected? The Ethernet? Wireless? some other form of Lan adapter? What is the exact error message you are getting. This will help us in troubleshooting the issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-state-disconnected-527599.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a DSl modem and then when I try to get connectyed I get an error 678.
i have checked the ipconfig and shows me "media disconnected" message.
already i have reset the modem and I have also manually put in the addresses for the IP address and the the gateway...but still "media disconnected".
have also tried another ethernet cable that works on another computer but still "media disconnected".
what else can I do?

A:windows Xp shows media disconnected

j0ckey said:

I have a DSl modem and then when I try to get connectyed I get an error 678.
i have checked the ipconfig and shows me "media disconnected" message.
already i have reset the modem and I have also manually put in the addresses for the IP address and the the gateway...but still "media disconnected".
have also tried another ethernet cable that works on another computer but still "media disconnected".
what else can I do?Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-shows-media-disconnected.244935/
Relevancy 63.64%

Wireless connection is slow ipconfig display message media disconnected on window machine Please help to resolve issue wireless device is Arris - TC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing windows disconnected 7 - ipconfig media on Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd tx comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport ipconfig - media disconnected on windows 7 Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address ipconfig - media disconnected on windows 7 - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tx comcast net Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d dd e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday November PM Lease Expires Wednesday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server ipconfig - media disconnected on windows 7 DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-EB- F- - F- -A -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix H-DL TEST Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - F- -A -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab e f b e Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe e f b e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface FECB - - B- - C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tx comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E DA - F- - -FA E DC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BC A D- E D- C -A C-F B BCD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E- - C- -D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap H-DL TEST Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I can't seem to connect to any network, nor reset my IP because I get a media disconnected message. Not only this, but my control panel will crash anytime I open it, can't open network and sharing center either. I'd post screenshots but I really don't know how as I have no internet connection on that computer. Help?

Relevancy 63.64%

Okay I'm not too good with computers but this is my issue:
on the home network we have 2 computers hardwired to the router and then a wireless network which I use with my laptop.

Both the computers are unable to access the internet, when I go into cmd-->ipconfig both list the ethernet adapter as "media disconnected" . however I can still access the router configurations on both computers. On the router (linksys router) the internet light is lit up as are both 1 and 2 port connections (where the computers are connected). But still, no internet ("page load error")

However via the wireless network my laptop connects to the internet just fine! Can anyone help me??? thank you

oh the 2 computers are running windows xp, and my laptop has vista

thanks in advance

A:"Media disconnected" for 2 wired computers, wireless works fine

Pick one non-working machine and let's see if we can get that to work.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

On the affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-disconnected-for-2-wired-computers-wireless-works-fine.806599/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
This is my 1st post here.

I've got a problem with my brand new USB wifi adapter. It's the TP-LINK TL-WN721N.
I've installed the latest drivers from the website.

The problem is, when I run "ipconfig", the Wireless device status is displayed as "Media Disconnected". I can scan other wireless networks around my area, and I've used "inSSIDer" as well and it works too.

Also there's no problem with the driver and device manager shows no errors either.

I've tried re-installing the driver multiple times, with the firewall(default Windows) enabled and disabled.

My OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Wireless chipset: Atheros AR9271 Wireless

A:ipconfig - Wireless device status is displayed as "Media Disconnected"

Can you detect your wireless network? If so, exactly what happens when you try to connect? Since you are having trouble you have disabled encryption and MAC Address filtering on the router until you get it working, right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipconfig-wireless-device-status-is-displayed-as-media-disconnected.1061006/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have an HP laptop running Windows XP with high speed cable connection I can not connect to internet at the moment cause my laptop does not have an IP address I am attempting to obtain a new IP address but when I go to command prompt and type in ipconfig release and ipconfig renew I get this Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings i tech gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings i tech gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to con tact your DHCP server Request has timed out C Documents and Settings i tech gt Also when I go to Windows a XP address not Media can for new disconnected,I obtain IP command prompt and type in ipconfig all I get Media disconnected,I can not obtain a new IP address for Windows XP this Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings i tech gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name i-b e e Media disconnected,I can not obtain a new IP address for Windows XP f Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description National Semiconductor DP -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - F- -C - - C Documents and Settings i tech gt I am not sure what this error means Can anyone help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi there I m having a bit of hassle with a small "Media Disconnected" Wireless Networking - office wireless network I have a netgear DG G wireless network hub modem and router and PC s connecting to it All the PC s are running windows XP SP and all have static IP addresses The network runs smoothly Wireless Networking - "Media Disconnected" except on one PC where for some reason I keep on getting a quot media disconnected quot error This PC is connected using a Netgear WG USB dongle It will connect fine at first and the signal strength is usually up in the high low region as it is pretty close to the Router But every so often sometimes after a couple of minutes sometimes after an hour or two I lose Wireless Networking - "Media Disconnected" all connectivity and when I do a ipconfig all I get the quot media disconnected quot message It won t let me do ipconfig release renew becasue the media is disconnected I ve googled for this problem and many people seem to have removed spyware or malware before suffering this problem - but I haven t had any such problems I have tried using the winsockXP exe programme but that didn t help I have uninstalled the dongle and re-installed using the latest drivers from Netgear again to no joy Anyone got any ideas at all nbsp

A:Wireless Networking - "Media Disconnected"

Software

When you set up the USB Dongle did you install the netgear software or did you just use the drivers off the CD. I've had similar hassles fairly often with windows XP and the netgear software, for some reason on a XP machine I have endless hassles when installing netgear software, so I unistalled the software and when it said picked up a new device I just loaded drivers off the CD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-networking-media-disconnected.34865/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

I recently was trying to clean out my dell inspiron 570, deleted a user which i used to set up network. I also recently downloaded updates and connected to hotspot through my iphone.

After deleting user i noticed an error message media test failure when the lan cable is not connected. Not entirely sure if its related.

I have done a fresh install of windows 7

Although regardless message "not connected, no connections available" and under network connections Local Area Connection shows Network cable unplugged Broadcom Netlink gigabit E..

I have attached the TSG SysInfo as well as System Information on Components/Network & Components/Modem & Software Environment Drivers.
Please please help?

A:No Internet - No Connections, Media Disconnected Windows 7 Dell Inspiron 570

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're telling us in the post. Going only from the thread title ...

What is listed under Network Adapters in Device Manager? What, if any, warnings or errors are in Device Manager?

You may want to answer those questions with a screen shot. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-no-connections-media-disconnected-windows-7-dell-inspiron-570.1080033/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm using a windows 7 64 bit system, my lan connectivity is getting disabled automatically.After restarting many times it will work properly. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-connection-is-getting-disconnected-automaticall-in-my-windows-7-system.1064473/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have an IIS website on a local Windows -bit machine that serves HTML and MP videos through Internet Explorer all on the local machine nbsp An internet connection is not required as this is all local storage and local hosting via IIS nbsp IIS is configured to serve the MP videos as downloadable files not streaming in any way nbsp I do have the proper MIME type quot mp quot with quot video mp quot setup in the wmv IIS wont PC from hosted 12 website is local the mp4, Internet Player mp3, Media through play files when disconnected Windows IIS server so I do not believe that is the problem When the machine is connected to the internet clicking an MP video link in any HTML page served by the local IIS server results in Windows Media Player opening up and playing the video in its own window nbsp However when the Ethernet cable is unplugged clicking the same MP video link results in Windows Media Player opening its own window then displaying this error message Windows Media Player cannot play the file nbsp If the file is located on the Internet connect to the Internet nbsp If the file is located on a removable storage card insert the Windows Media Player 12 wont play mp4, mp3, wmv files through IIS local hosted website when PC is disconnected from the Internet storage card It is almost as if Windows Media Player has a bug and since it is accessing this media file via a URL but the machine is not connected to a network it thinks this file is unplayable When the Ethernet cable is disconnected the local IIS server still serves all the HTML and ActiveX content except for media files nbsp I also tried to access MP and WMV files through the IIS server to see if Windows Media Player would open those when the machine is disconnected from the Internet nbsp Those files also caused Windows Media Player to display the same error message I tested VLC player VideoLAN after changing file extension ownership to VLC from WMP for mp files nbsp With VLC installed and extension ownership changed to VLS I can download open the MP video using the link in the web page served by IIS all while disconnected from the internet nbsp The only thing I cannot do is get VLC player to open up and play the video simply by clicking the link in the Internet explorer web pages served up by the local IIS server I would like to make use of Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player with this IIS server serving MP videos rather than use VLC player Thanks Michael Rayman

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2df30e77-2d86-487b-82a4-7b9586a01fb4/windows-media-player-12-wont-play-mp4-mp3-wmv-files-through-iis-local-hosted-website-when-pc-is?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.19%

I am trying to connect my LG Media Station (wireless USB) to my D-Link 615 wireless router from my PC. I have forgotten my password for my wireless router and D-Link don't have password back up you have to reset it which I don't want to do because my Technician that comes to my house has set up my PC to my laptop so dont want to reset in case I stuff all that up. Is there any way around this so I can get my settings to set up my Media Station to my PC? I am getting a message on my TV screen DHCP access failed, I am guessing I need to log into my wireless router to enable some sort of sharing? Greatly appreciate any help this is doing my head in. !!!!!!!!!!

A:Setting up wireless connection from PC to Media Station.

Nope. If you don't know the router's admin password, the only solution is to reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-wireless-connection-from-pc-to-media-station.947728/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a problem with my home wireless network. My network operatates at 2.4 GHz and so does my home wireless phone. Everytime my phone rings I get disconnected from my wireless network. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

A:Everytime my wireless home phone rings I get disconnected from my wireless network.

Welcome to Tech Spot

Do you have 802 B or 802 G wireless?

When I was in Best Buy, one of the sale people mentioned how 2.4 GHZ phone interferes with 802 B Wireless networks (uses same frequencies).

He mentioned that 802 G wireless network were not affected with the phones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everytime-my-wireless-home-phone-rings-i-get-disconnected-from-my-wireless-network.17460/
Relevancy 56.33%

Does my media being disconnected pose a problem ?
I have never been able to figure out how to enable it properly.

Tunnel adapter isatap.tampabay.rr.com:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : tampabay.rr.com

Win7 Home Prem x64
Acer Aspire i3
Buffalo N wireless router

not sure what else may need to be known.

A:Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

I'm on Roadrunner as well and my tunnel adapter(s) has/have never been connected (I never bothered to investigate since I have no use for it anyways)
It has nothing to do with your "normal" cable connection.
-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157610-media-state-media-disconnected.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My friend s mother is trying to connect through wifi on her dell studio i think laptop --vista Anyways I have gone through all of my personal available knowledge and resource on computers When she connects to Hastings public wifi status....Media Media Disconnected connection the connection reads good However when she opens IE it reads the webpage cannot be displayed This is unexceptable so I had her readout over the phone because she lives in Montana whereas I live in oklahoma the ipconfig all info It was originally telling her that it couldnt communicate with the dns server blah blah blah So Media status....Media Disconnected i had Media status....Media Disconnected her go to manage network connections right click on the wireless network and manually change the v dhcp server name to the one it couldnt connect to To no avail No internet Tried resetting TCP IP stack and Winsock No internet Tried turning off all Firewall Windows Defender settings and tried unchecking v Still no Internet Any ideas It shows her connection is good just no internet Thank Media status....Media Disconnected you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-status-media-disconnected.933674/
Relevancy 56.33%

So I have a wireless network setup on a Linksys router that I have a couple laptops hooked Media Media State.........: disconnected up to Well one of the laptops crashed recently and in going through some things in the garage I came across my old roommates HP PC So I hooked it up and got everything running but no internet whatsoever I ran Media State.........: Media disconnected an ethernet cable directly to the router from the PC but the light on the router isn t lighting up and I know it s not the cable as I hooked it directly up to my laptop amp it works I did an ipconfig and this is what comes up Windows IP Configuration Host Name your- f a e Primary Dns suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -D -AA-C -BE So I m assuming by that mention of quot Media disconnected quot that it s something directly correlated to the actual hardware in the PC itself that might need to be looked at and or changed out Just a guess on my part though as I m completely dumbfounded Any advice out there Thanks ahead of time nbsp

A:Media State.........: Media disconnected

You're probably right.

Any lights on that card and do they come on? Make sure it is firmly in its slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-state-media-disconnected.993811/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok so here s my problem I bought a computer from someone networks - disconnected" "Media . .Media find WLAN can't state. ipconfig: on craigslist an Acer Aspire R with the NVIDIA WLAN can't find networks - ipconfig: "Media state. . .Media disconnected" ION chipset I WLAN can't find networks - ipconfig: "Media state. . .Media disconnected" just got ethernet working thanks to help in another thread that the seller of the computer created I have been searching for other people s work on solving this issue and tried their solutions These include but are not limited to -making sure tcp ip is enabled along with DHCP and DNS ip address config set to automatic -Installing various different driver versions for my WLAN adapter -Completely uninstalling all WLAN drivers and removing the files then letting Windows automatically install the drivers it finds this solved someone s problem No luck for me Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd va comcast net IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Click to expand When I search for available wireless networks none are found though I can sense multiple with my laptop The home network strength is strong excellent signal quality on laptop desktop is on the same desk When I attempt to repair the connection it hangs on the quot Connecting to the wireless network quot stage then says quot wireless network connection is not connected quot after it times out WLAN controller information Atheros AR EG wireless network adapter Let me know if you have any suggestions or need further clarification nbsp

A:WLAN can't find networks - ipconfig: "Media state. . .Media disconnected"

Oh, and the seller says that the wireless has never been tested, making me feel more like it may be a hardware problem.

Ok guys, fire away!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-cant-find-networks-ipconfig-media-state-media-disconnected.928216/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm using a router and the other computers connect successfully to the router. I have one Dell that detects the network, but will not connect. I am unable to ping the router, and unable to get any message when I ipconfig other than "Media Disconnected." Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:"Media Disconnected" when ipconfig/all - Windows XP

Make sure there is no other computer or other Device is connected to or interfering with the signal between your computer and your Modem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-disconnected-when-ipconfig-all-windows-xp-407641.html
Relevancy 55.47%

About a week ago I bought myself an iTunes card for my new iPhone I opened iTunes and then I opened the music store But I got a message that says that my network is not connected to the internet The thing is is that my modem had Help. Disconnected = =( Media all its lights on and my Internet was working fine I decided to do a little researching on the web as to what I should do about my little problem I checked my command prompt for a iconfig all thing And it says quot Media Disconnected quot I have been to so many websites to try to fix the problem but I can't seem to get a solution Could someone please help me I have my ipconfig if you would like to see it Microsoft Windows Version Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig allWindows IP Configuration Host Name AshleyInfinity Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List phub net cable rogers comWireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - A- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled YesEthernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - A- B-AE-A -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled YesEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub Media Disconnected = Help. =( net cable rogers com Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -D -A - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Media Disconnected = Help. =( Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip EnabledTunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e c c c Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e c c c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip DisabledTunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address e afd e afd Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip DisabledTunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description isatap phub net cable rogers com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip DisabledTunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A EE E- C- E F- A - AFC FA br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled YesTunnel adapter Local Area Connection

A:Media Disconnected = Help. =(

Oh. To add to that. I have an HP Pavillion dv2000 with Windows Vista Home Premium AMD Turion 64 x2 32 bit operating system... If you wanted that info as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158881/media-disconnected-help/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have been looking for a solution to my problem for a few days now and nothing has worked.
First of all my problem started after i downloaded the program Hamachi which sets up a private server with a different ip or something like that. The next day i was able to use my internet connection for a little while until for some reason my wireless stopped working and no connections showed up. I have googled many different solutions and i have tried a system restore, deleting hamachi, netsh winsock reset catalog, and others.

I am running vista 32 bit service pack 2
my laptop is a toshiba satellite A305-S6898
I have avg free 2011, windows firewall also I have malewarebytes and advanced system care.

Relevancy 55.47%

I bought a Linksys Wireless G PCI adapter for my desktop. I installed it yesterday and it worked fine. Today, 9/27 it gives me the message not connected to internet. I went to c:\windows prompt to see what was wrong and it said: Ethernet adapter local area connection: media state..disconnected and Ethernet adapter wireless network connection: media state...media disconnected. What does that mean?

I have DSL and wireless router connected to another computer and trying to link my 2nd desktop to the wireless router and this is the message I am getting. The desktop connected to router is working fine and I am able to go out on the internet. What am I missing?

XP version: 5.1.2600
Linksys-Wireless G PCI adopter-speedbooster

A:Media disconnected

Is the wireless adapter switched on?

Also is the wireless connection enabled (in the connections section).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-disconnected-296532.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Folks hoping for your help here. I have just moved to a new post in Tripoli (I am a Scotsman by the way !!), the company frequently get 'media disconnected' errors or switch port lock outs here. I have changed the port on the switch and the users patch cable and patch point number but still the error is there. I can ping the loopback address with success. At the moment I can't get the local admin password so can't do anything further, any suggestions please ?, oh the NIC seems to think it is working.

Most of the pc's here are riddled with malware as well

Any help much appreciated

Relevancy 55.47%

My system - Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version disconnected media 7 Win OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I switched from TWC to FIOS and now this pc will not connect over wifi internet it will connect to Win 7 media disconnected the router wirelessly just no internet connection It works fine with an ethernet cable Win 7 media disconnected current config all - Windows IP Configuration Host Name Vaio Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E-DD- -E - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - -B -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f d fcb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday January PM Lease Expires Saturday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -AF- - - - - -B -EB DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -DD- -E - C- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e a ba c a e f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -AF- - - - - -B -EB DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F AB D - A- A-B D- B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I tried resetting ipv ipv and winsock with the netsh commands I saw in a different post but no change I have attached the xirrus scan showing a - ishdBm signal I can ping from the router ok Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Win 7 media disconnected

I checked the ip and dns settings - they were not assigned automatically. Once I checked off those boxes it seems to work ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-media-disconnected.1034850/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,
I have an Acer 9300 laptop. I am using Comcast as the internet provider. I'm trying to set up a NetGear "G" router. The internet was working when I was hardwired to the cable modem.
When I tried connecting up the NetGear router, I got stuck on the first step of installation. I was using the NetGear CD to set up.
When I went back to try to hardwire to the modem, I couldn't connect to the internet.
When I do an ipconfig, I get no address.
When I do ipconfig/ all it tells me

Host Name.................. DIANE
Primary Dns Suffix........:
Node Type.................. Unknown
IP Routing Enabled........No
WINS Proxy Enabled......No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State.... . Media disconnected
Description...... Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address.... 00-16-CF-9B-BA-BA

Ethernet adapter PlayLinc Connection:

Media State....... Media disconnected
Description........ PlayLinc Adapter
Physical Address.....7A-77-00-00-00-01

Thanks,
Dan

hi danmwx and welcome to the forums! i have a netgear G router that is a couple of years old but you don't usually have to use the cd to setup a router. most of the time they have a default configuration that works well. i don't lock up my router as most of my neighbors have their own access to the internet and i don't catch them using it LOL. just power cycle both the modem and the router (i assume you've already done that though! i put that there for noobs who have the same problem) and it should redownload the IP address and give your computer and internal address. if that doesn't work it might be a bad network card or cable(s) you are using. also try removing the network card drivers and rebooting so the computer can reinstall them. might be bad drivers too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-disconnected-478924.html
Relevancy 55.47%

How do i reconnect my media so I can connect to the internet?

A:Media Disconnected

You could start by describing what media (ethernet, Wi-Fi adapter, ...) you are talking about and the network to which you want to connect. Also your OS (and service pack if Windows) and any relevant information about what happened to cause the disconnection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-disconnected.1065998/
Relevancy 55.47%

need help, i'm using a motorolla modem. we tried 3 ethernet cable and still getting media disconnected when we perform ipconfig. we tried to disable/enable the nic, boot to safemode, ip is not forced. still getting media disconnected. do you think it's the problem with the modem? thanks!

You try hitting the reset button on the back?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-disconnected-400215.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So one day I leave my Minecraft server running over night for some friends
I turn the computer off in the middle of the night, I turn it back on.

Hours later my friends wish to join the server, I run it (no visible problems) but they always seem to have a timed out connection.
I check my external IP (normally 82.46.24.15) and my connection times out
I have a peek into Ipconfig I notice the following changes:

Media State . . . . . (etc) : Media Disconnected
I've disconnected my router, my ethernet etc several times, but to no avail.
So what do I do?

If more information is required I can give it. Although I can understand the majority of technical terms I perfer my advice in laymans terms.

Thankyou.

Relevancy 55.47%

so glad I found this thread and forum. I have exactly the same problem on my home network. my laptop works fine in the office on wireless. connects seamlessly. at home the desktop connects fine but the laptop refuses to connect. it is the old "media disconnected" problem that has been highlighted.I've tried everything to - winsockfix works occasionally. if you plug the laptop into the linksys box and then unplug that usually resolves it.

Welcome, Overlap.

Even though this thread may have been abandoned by the originator, please initiate your own thread so that we can try to help you with less confusion. Your problem may actually differ in details.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-disconnected.542740/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi guys,me again same prob,still cant get into aussiemove.com but i pinged it and no response but i am getting message in cmd saying media disconnected and was looking at ipconfig and same thing,would that have anything to do with why i am getting dns error everytime i try to get onto the site?do i have to change media and if so how do i do that

A:media disconnected

I had no problem tracing aussiemove.com via GEO Spider (screenshot).

Also got to it using IE6.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/media-disconnected-276697.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hello
im having a bit of trouble connecting to the internet today.... it was working perfectly fine last night when i closed the laptop but when i opened it this morning it wouldnt connect... i have a signal and all other devices (phone and another laptop) work perfectly... ive tried plugging the ethernet cord directly into the laptop (altho i never needed it before) and this does not resolve my issue... ive tried ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew.. ive disconnected from the network and reconnected... ive tried a system restore but it was unsuccessful even tho i have turned off all antivirus programs... i am using a different laptop to post this question... ive been at this for two hours now and any help you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated!

Relevancy 55.47%

Several times during the day, my internet connection goes out to lunch. I keep a command prompt window open, and type "ping www.google.com" and it shows the 4 tries as "Request timed out." When I enter "ipconfig /renew" command it responds by telling me that "No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection 3 while it has its media disconnected." Then I keep trying the ping test with the same results for 3-5 minutes, then all of a sudden, the ping works again and I am back on line. This happens no matter where I am using either of my wireless lans, or even on a public access network at a hotspot or airport using Boingo. http://www.techsupportforum.com/imag...4-dontknow.gif

Hi Rick3065 and Welcome to TSF,

When this happens could you please go into the network adapters and have a look at what status they have. If they're marked as disconnected, disabled etc. To do so go to Start > Control Panel > Network and sharing Center > Manage network adapters.

If you could also extract your systems event log so that we can have a look at all the software related stuff, to see if there are anything like that causing this issue. To enter the event log go to Start > Search > type "eventvwr.msc" > Hit ENTER.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-disconnected-593827.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello whenever I open ipconfig in the command prompt I get Disconnected Media a message stating that I have my media disconnected If I try to perform an operation it tells me that nothing can be done while the media is Media Disconnected disconnected I am still able to access the Internet and my wireless tells me that the connection is fine Is there any way to reconnect the media I m not even very sure as to what its actual function is but it seems like it shouldn t be that way I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition v on a Dell Inspiron Intel Centrino Duo with Service Pack installed My router is a WGT v I do have my wireless enabled via Fn F and my connection is otherwise Media Disconnected completely normal Unrelated question When I try to access my router to port forward I get a prompt asking for a username and password I do not recall setting either of these Does anyone know what the default login details for my router are Disregard I found the answer through Google And does having my media disconnected affect whether I can port forward or not I recall accessing my router and attempting it but I was told the ports in question were already being forwarded to despite the fact that I had just gotten the router nbsp

Uninstalling/reinstalling the wireless card may help. Just something as simple as that has many times fixed my networking woes. :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-disconnected.112266/
Relevancy 55.47%

It says this:

Windows IP Configureation

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection 2 while it has its media disconnected.
No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected.

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Media State. . . . . . . :Media Disconnected
Connection-Specific DNS Suffix:

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS suffix:
Link-local IPv6 Address. . . . . : fe80::8cfc:cad7:68f8:137e%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . .: 192.168.1.6
Subnet Mask. . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway. . . . . . . . . .: 192.168.1.1

Media State. . . . . . . . . . . . . : Media Disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix.:

Tunnel adapter isatap. {4FFF1AE2-67E0-4D79-AEC7-9E88FF8CA27C0}:

Media State. . . . . . . . . . . . . : Media Disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
(Id type out the rest but you get the point. My Media is disconnected and my wireless is connected to my router and says its online but it wont pull up any web pages. I need lots of help please!! BTW it was working fine yesterday!)

A:Media Disconnected win 7 HELP!!!

If your not using your Ethernet cable to your router, then it will read that the Media (Ethernet cable) is disconnected, this shouldn't affect your wireless connection.
Go to Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all of the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Control Panel/Network Connections Right click the Local Area Connection and make sure it is Enabled. Now choose Properties Scroll down to Internet Protocol IPv4 and IPv6/Properties. make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS server address Automatically are both checked. Now go back to the command prompt and type ipconfig /release and hit enter. The ip address should now read 0.0.0.0 now type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter. now type ipconfig /renew. You may get the message that Local Area Connection is disabled. Now search for wireless networks and choose your router, and connect.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-disconnected-win-7-help-549645.html
Relevancy 55.47%

when i open up my network connections tab, i see two icons:
"Wireless network Connection" and "Local Area Connection"

It clearly says a cable is unplugged, but no cable is unplugged and i am 100% sure of that.

when i type "ipconfig" into command prompt, i see all these things that say "tunnel adapter Local area connection" and it says media disconnected.

[image containing profanity deleted by mod]

how would i go about "Connecting" the media? i am concerned about this issue so much because, even though i can connect to the internet (ip:192.168.1.1) i cannot connect to my printer (ip:192.168.1.4) and when i tracert the printers ip it says "media disconnected" so i know the two errors correlate to one another.

It clearly says a cable is unplugged, but no cable is unplugged and i am 100% sure of that.Click to expand...

Then probably the cable or NIC is defective.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-disconnected.1081207/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am having problems connecting to my router I have tried unplugging both modem and router to reset both nothing had worked Please Help Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media Media disconnected disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users gt ipconfig Windows IP Media disconnected Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Media disconnected Suffix IPv Address b e f a b d f c Site-local IPv Address Media disconnected fec a b d f c Temporary IPv Address b e f a d bbc f ffc Link-local IPv Address fe a b d f c IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe efe Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Temporary IPv Address b e f b e f Default Gateway c c C Users gt nbsp

Hi there annoyed1...

Could you provide a bit more detail regarding your problem?

1.) Are you trying to connect to your router via ethernet cable, or wirelessly?
2.) Have you made sure that the problem is not with your internet service (ISP) ?
3.) What router are you using?
4.) Have you tried connecting with a different computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-disconnected.912133/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have desktop running windows 7 its hardwired, I recently rebooted it and now will no longer connect hardwired. It will however connect wireless no problem. I did an IPCONFIG and i got a 169 ip with media disconnected. I tryed connecting my lap top to the ethernet cord to see if it was my modem or the cord and the laptop will connect no problem. Dose anyone have any idea how to fix this without having to bring it in?

Look in device manager for any yellow or red call outs.

To open "Device Manager", right click on "My Computer" (Computer in Vista/Win7) select Properties, On the Hardware tab Select Device Manager, if you see any yellow question marks, right click on the device and select properties, on the Details tab select Hardware IDs copy the PCI/VEN and DEV numbers and post them on your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-disconnected-544725.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Using a wired lan connection to my router On attempting to get an Advent laptop working correctly It has no disconnected media recovery partition nor recovery disk the OS is Windows XP Pro sp The problem is with the LAN card an SIS Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter on attempting to get online with no success and noting the Local Area Network A network cable is unplugged message I investigated further On trying IPCONFIG I see the message Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State media state disconnected IPCONFIG RELEASE does not work IPCONFIG ALL shows this Host name Jaffas-toy Primary DNS Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No Wins Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description SIS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - a d- -e with WINternals on checking the disk and networking media disconnected options I find using IPCONFIG ALL shows an IP Subnet Mask But unable to manually assign an IP Address The laptop will not use a wireless adapter for the same reasons as above it seems So Guys and Gals any clues would be very very much appreciated Am not allways online so any fixes if you might email me Midnitepokerz aol com In Advance Many Many thanks Illuzionz Dennis

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-disconnected-343845.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Sorry I know other people have Media Disconnected???? posted about similar issues but I have tried EVERYTHING I already saw on here and nothing has fixed my issue So here s my story My acer laptop Vista home OS has been working fine on my home network since I first got it Suddenly two days ago the internet cut out on it It shows me as connected to the network but will not let me browse Oddly enough I CAN log into AIM though I reset Media Disconnected???? the cable modem and router thinking it might be a network issue but then my mom tested her work laptop on it and it worked fine I tried a system restore to the day before the issue started That didn t fix it I ran Media Disconnected???? a virus scan and turned up nothing I Media Disconnected???? reinstalled IE and Firefox Nothing I tried connecting to the cable modem directly by a cable had the same problem still I ve checked all my internet properties settings firewalls I tried releasing and renewing my IP address and came up with a message stating that my media is Disconnected From there I checked my devices- says they are working fine I updated the drivers- nothing I double checked that I hadn t accidently switched off the internet- nope I used the netsh commands I used a winsock fixit program I opened the back of the computer and reseated the network card I tried EVERYTHING- hours of work and research and NO success Finally I backed up some stuff and just reformatted the drive figuring I must have acquired some nasty virus Yeah even THAT didn t help UGH Does anyone have any ideas Please nbsp

A:Media Disconnected????

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-disconnected.857045/
Relevancy 55.47%

hello i cant connect to my router i tried ipconfig /release but its not helping plz help thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello my WDTV device can no longer access my videos folder where I download movies to watch It used to work just fine but something has changed Is Media ! disconnected it because this is showing medis disconnected or is it something else I be glad to allow a remote access to anyone that Media disconnected ! feels they could fix it Thank you so much for your time amp help Regards Dale B Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Direct Point-to-point Adapater Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Media disconnected !

I be glad to allow a remote access to anyone that feels they could fix it.Click to expand...

We do not allow remote access for your own protection as you do not know who will be accessing the PC
please see the rules again
For the safety of our members, we must require that all technical support take place in the forums. This offers the opportunity for peer-review with the hope that bad advice can be corrected. Having problems and solutions publicly visible may also help someone in the future who is experiencing the same issue. As a result, we do not allow assistance to be given via email or Private Message. Due to the risks involved, we also do not allow live remote control of computers by our volunteers. If you're looking for live support, there are other (paid) sites that provide that service.

Now to your issue,

would you post back the exact setup you have ?
I dont know the WDTV device myself
But reading here
http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/?id=452&type=25

it would need an internet connection
try a full powercycle

How to power cycle

&#8220;power cycle&#8221; process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes. We have found in some instances you need to wait at least 15 minutes
Plug the power cords back in, but don&#8217;t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-disconnected.1150984/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi hoping someone can help me with Media disconnected this I ve just hooked up a laptop that I had lent someone a couple of years ago It used to run XP then Vista then and is now on Windows The problem is that I can t get the WiFi to connect either to my router or to my phone as a mobile hotspot Just keep on getting a Can t connect to this network error I ve reinstalled Windows and even done a factory reset on the laptop to do a completely clean install with no success I ve trolled through a few different forums to find Media disconnected a solution to this and tried the netsh reset Media disconnected solutions but nothin is working Below is my text output from IPCONFIG ALL which shows that all media is disconnected C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Entertainment Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Media disconnected Address - - - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter WiFi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - - E-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - E- F- D-EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes My existing laptop my wife s laptop and my phone never have any problems connecting to the WiFi so it s not a router issue Please help nbsp

Please post the laptop model next time including the router also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-disconnected.1156292/