Windows Support Forum

The wierdest computer problem ever

Q: The wierdest computer problem ever

So, I recently fired up my old PC and it worked for a while just fine but now all of a sudden it speeds up like crazy. The analog gadget clock spins like a fan and every keystroke gets "pushed" at least 20 times if I just tap it once.
The question is, is there a way to "vsync" or slow down the computer to a normal rate?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: The wierdest computer problem ever

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: The wierdest computer problem ever

How old? Sounds almost like a dying CMOS battery (the little button battery on your mobo).

I'd turn PC off, unplug from power, take out this battery, press power buttons, then assemble it 10 mins later and turn it on and see.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-wierdest-computer-problem-ever.202955/
Relevancy 73.53%

I need some ever wierdest I've problem The had... computer serious help here I have fixed a few computer problems before or worked around them but I really have absolutely no knowledge of this stuff Alright heres what happened I recently did the system recovery on my computer and it all worked fine Then this morning I shut off my computer and began cleaning the fans I m not sure if you can do this or not so that could be where I messed up but now I got this wierd problem Everytime I turn on my compter the moniter does the thing where its indicating the moniter is not plugged into the correct VGA slot I have slots for an onboard and one for my nVidia FX It s currently set too my onboard because I haven t gotten around to installing my FX Well anyways this is where it really gets wierd It does that blinking for a bit and I screw around with the back piece a bit and the screen comes up showing my desktop which is a picture of the dudes from the movie BUT all my Icons are missing for some reason so I screw around with a few of the settings to no avail finally I try loading up my internet explorer Then this wierd thing happened where it popped up lt ----- Way over there COMPLETELY Offscreen So I try closing it and opening it The wierdest computer problem I've ever had... again maximizing it and minimising it and then I get smart and use the move tab when you right click the little tab So I move it to a viewable position and the internet runs fine I can also play games and it works like a charm on them I m not sure what could have happened I was cleaning off the CPU fan and the power supply fan So it could be either one of those But I seriously hope not Also I wiped the Heatsink of the CPU wit a q-tip Again I m not sure if I should have done that It might just be because of the fact that I unplugged everything though because wierd stuff usually happens when I do that to my comp but never this wierd Well if I messed up my computer to an unfixable extent which I think I may have due to the quot Not showing the screen until I screw with the monitor plug in quot thing Please please help me because I really don t want to pay another for a whole new rig I was just planning on buying a new mother board but I by no means have the money right now Any help would be appreciated Oh BTW whenever I move my mouse lt ----- that way it goes completely off screen for some reason nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

hey I got this problem had it for a while When I start my PC it has no users listed problem Wierdest The EVER on the welcome screen I have to press ctrl alt del and then press enter username is already written for me and i have no password if i goto accounts manager i get this --------------------------- User Accounts --------------------------- 'cells item ' is null or The Wierdest problem EVER not an object --------------------------- OK --------------------------- then there seems to be no accounts installed on xp not even MINE Im not too chuffed as the system still works it just means no more user customisation for The Wierdest problem EVER me basically if possible I want this problem fixed without any reinstalling cos i like the way xp is set up now programs installed and desktop configs took me ages to get it here now its all good if you know why windows might think there are no users yet allow me to The Wierdest problem EVER log in and use xp in such a way let me know D

A:The Wierdest problem EVER

Start--->run-->"control userpasswords2" space is very important and the 2 has to be at the end see what show sup there

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/the-wierdest-problem-ever-166369.html
Relevancy 60.2%

So got this absolutely bisarre problem i have programs that just refuse to connect to their apropriate servers those are Xfire my email program and the patcher to Warhammer online now i dont care about Xfire and my email xfire i never use and i can access my email on the web but Warhammer beta NEEDS to work right i ve tried a few Solved: Wierdest problem ever. obvious things like disabeling my Solved: Wierdest problem ever. firewall and antivirus without sucess so i got angry and did a complete OS reinstall and i STILL have the same issues so now i m getting worried i ve tried using my ISP s support program and they tried a remote access on my PC to see if they could find anything but aparently something is blocking THAT to or i just keep losing connection to them even tho the livehelp program never did and i just dont know what to do i m just about ready to blow the PC up and getting a new one you guys are Solved: Wierdest problem ever. pretty much the last hope i got system spec is as follows Operating System Windows XP Professional Language Swedish Regional Setting Swedish System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model M P-S BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Solved: Wierdest problem ever. Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz my internet connection is a Mbit ethernet cable IE no router or modem or any of that crap just a cable from my PC to the wall nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all I am having the wierdest problem installing win x now System specs are in my profile First of all I problem Win7 x64 install wierdest bought wierdest Win7 x64 install problem and installed win yesterday without a problem Then after installing numerous drivers and using it for hours it just wouldn't boot anymore not even safe mode It went to the quot windows loading quot logo with the windows sysmbol and then would be stuck there forever Repairing wouldn't work either So I thought quot what a great start quot thinking it was some driver related issue and proceeded to format my wierdest Win7 x64 install problem harddrive and reinstall windows Here is where the fun started Whereas the st installation worked flawlessly this one did not Whatever I wierdest Win7 x64 install problem do it will always crash at the same point in time It goes something like this It unpacks and extracts fine then it installs services etc and reboots once no problems so far Then it goes to the quot completing installation quot point and after some time my screen goes black once then the setup reappears then my screen goes black another time and stays black forever I think this is the time it changes resolution I know it is normal for the screen to go black twice during quot finishing installation quot but in my case it stays black Things I've tried and which failed to help - updated bios to newest version - booting with just Ram installed - removing all external deviced - removing all internal cards in my case just sound card save for the graphics card - disabling every motherboard onboard device in bios - restoring bios to factory default - setting my sata controller to AHCI - disabling USB controller unplugging every single USB device during install - removing all Sata devices save for the HDD I want to install to Nothing helped I just can't install win anymore although it worked flawlessly the first time I have reinstalled Vista twice to check if it works - it does Absolutely no problem during Vista install I am at a loss here hope someone can help

A:wierdest Win7 x64 install problem

Hi Instinctive, welcome to the forums.

Indeed it is intriguing. You tried many of the known solutions already and it won't work.

And more intriguing is that it worked once. Unfortunately you don't have onboard video that you could remove the graphics card, and it only has DVI. Would you have access to another card to try with D-Sub?

I will give a suggestion that might sound stupid, but I can't think of anything else: is the DVD clean? I once was banging my head on the wall trying to install something that wouldn't' work until I found the kids had been playing with the DVD and little smeared fingerprints were preventing the disc from being read accordingly.

Let us know if you make progress.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/44253-wierdest-win7-x64-install-problem.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I noticed in the past few weeks when i boot into home premium on my dell dimension E which was upgraded from Windows xp media center to Vista home premium then to windows it takes a bit to load the network driver and driver problem wierdest with network the icon spins around till it connects Once it stops it connects fine but when i try to open Devices and Printers- nothing shows wierdest problem with network driver up Also Office Word will not load wierdest problem with network driver and crashes when this happens and if i wierdest problem with network driver try to even print in Notepad- Notepad crashes because the Print Box doesn't even come up This computer was upgraded a year ago and i have had no problems since It just recently started to do this about wks ago Nothing was installed except the normal windows updates and the problem did not start after the updates but about a week later The network card is on the motherboard and it is the dell Broadcom x Intergrated Controller There are no upgraded drivers for it but i uninstalled the driver and allowed windows to find it again Once i did this- walla i got the printers and driver window to open and show everything in it Problem though once I shut down the computer for the night and came back to it the next day I had the same exact problem This time i uninstalled the driver and tried to reinstall it from dell's site That worked but again after another cold start I got the same problem Since the network card is on the motherboard if i bypass it and add another ethernet card to the computer do you think this would solve my problem since it will look for a different driver I tried doing a system restore to one month back prior to the installed updates but in Windows said it could not do the system restore and asked if i wanted to put it back to the way it was and of course i said yes I really do not want to wipe the drive and start all over because my version of windows is an upgrade not the full OS I do have clone of the computer prior to all this happening and i could try to reinstall it and see what happens but before I go and do this and find the same problem because the network card is the problem- do you think i should just try putting another card on first any help would be appreciated robin

A:wierdest problem with network driver

well giving me that website did not work because after installing it it told me that driver is up to date and has no problems which i know for a fact it is wrong.
But I bypassed the mother board and installed another network card and i am still having the problem on and off.
I would have liked a reply from someone not a link to a program that to fix anything you need to purchase it.

robin

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/142507-wierdest-problem-network-driver.html
Relevancy 59.77%

For the longest time now I have had a file on one of my drives that just wont delete. I have tried it delete it with the command prompt and in safe mode as ofcourse i have in regular mode, but i allways get a file can not be delete b/c it is in use, message. This is impossible since the file is a starwars avi LOL. I know it is not in use. The other wierd thing is that after I get this message and i click ok and give up, "explorer" starts to get very sluggish and often freezes up (this is weindows xp btw). Ive run virus scans, adaware scans etc, so i doubt its a virus. Anyone have any idea what could be the problem? I dont know if it matters but the file has a pretty long name ( a sentence long).

Relevancy 49.02%

My friend has bought a new rig His system is as follows MotherBoard ASUS A V X CPU Athlon XP Ram DDR mhz MSI ti MB x Sound Integrated IBM gig Seagate gig The issue Ok the computer is running fine but when he starts a game for instance Assult on terror fps game he gets the wierdest lag ever His FPS is steady AVG FPS But between every FPS the computer lags for a millisecond and then runs smoothly again A scenario dun laugh P Smooth lagg smooth lagg smooth lagg His Timedemo statics information doesn t register any frames dropping from to and then back up to It s steady AVG of fps all the time What s been done about this We have tried to change nVidia drivers many different ones We have tried different VIA drivers We have tried to disable his the soundcard in BIOS We have tried Lag Wierdest ever (HELP!!) to reinstall AoT CS We have tried to change d modes between openGL and D D We have tried to enable V-sync at hz still same lag as if V-sync was off We have tried to change Gfx cards We didn t know what to do so he installed halflife to see if he had the same problem in that game Wierdest Lag ever (HELP!!) and he did Both in d and Open GL You get the picture we are almost out of option here and we could really need some help Thanks in advance Best regards nbsp

A:Wierdest Lag ever (HELP!!)

One question.. the MSI graphics card.. I am guessing that is a Geforce 4 TI4200?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wierdest-lag-ever-help.4648/
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok its been months since I created a folder on my des top for just a few music files I was burning I created it to rip music into the folder instead of directly on my desktop naturally when This is thing WIERDEST the I finished I deleted the folder a This is the WIERDEST thing few weeks later I saw it on my desktop and it sent me through a mind trip cause I could of swore I deleted So without giving it anymore thought I deleted the folder and emptied the recycle bin for two months now ocassionaly its back on my desktop and to boil this small drama down its here today but will not go away I delete it and the minute it goes to the recyle bin a new folder with the same name appears on my desktop--I have done this a dozen times and a new folder appears leaving a dozen deleted ones in my recycle bin a bit annoying and very strange I have renamed the This is the WIERDEST thing folder-deleted checked the folder s properties without noticing anything strange spyware scan virus scan just about everything I can think of If this is normal then I m way out of the loop I have never seen expierenced this before Has anyone any lovely ideas to the cause---almost like someone has a remote connection and is messing with me---but whats the point of that nbsp

A:This is the WIERDEST thing

I assume you haven't been doing any System Restores.

Is it just the empty folder that is recreated, or do deleted files appear there as well?

Does it appear after a reboot -- or some user action on your part involving Music or burning?

If you run regedit and look at this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Are there any paths going through your User Name (not "all users") to the desktop?

Also check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

And look under the HKCU key as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-is-the-wierdest-thing.449527/
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok before anything i wanna apologize for my first post being me - The ever Help thing wierdest asking for help but i cannot find help anywheres and i really need a solution ------------------- Ok well today after playing an online game on my desktop i decided to lay down I left the PC on and in the game World of Warcraft wich i usually do after waking up i found my PC turned off with the monitor on still so i knew we didnt loose power while i was asleep I attemped to turn on the PC with no success After a few attemps at turning it on i decided to open it I then began to take out the things i knew wouldnt affect the PC turning on if they were removed I began with the Video card as soon as i took it off i hooked up the monitor to the onboard VGA port i then turned on the PC and it worked hooray the PC started and ran like normal with less pretty graphics that is of course i then decided to turn the PC off and reconnect the card i did that and when Help - The wierdest thing ever i tried to power on the PC it made a very very small second attempt to turn on making a wierd quiet noise so i decided to take it off i turned it back on with the card and it brought me to the Boot Menu asking if i wanna go into safe mode ect note i never f or anything i figuered it was because of the last attempt to turn it on so i hit quot Start windows normally quot the monitor went black for a second or like normal then the PC rebooted at this point im upset and afraid to try again but i did the same thing happend in anger i tried it - more times with no success in those attempts i also tried using the original windows xp home install disk when i ran the disk it brought me to the first loading screen saying quot hit f if u need to install a raid driver or w e quot like normal i let it load and then it brought me this quot File i ntkrnlmp exe could not be loaded The error code is quot i hit enter and the PC rebooted again after reading i was brought to the idea of getting the Blue Screen of death up after i got it up i got the following message a problem has occured and windows shut down to save ur PC from it exploding blablabla Stop x E xc x xf xf i tried searching but people seem to have a slightly diffrent problem then me and there solutions arent working for me MY pc was custom built by a friend who no longer is with us so i cannot ask him for help I really would love to avoid having to buy a new PC or paying - to have it repaired or even worse having to reformatt that would kill me Im sorry for the long post but i wanted to get every piece of info out so i could get the best response quickly things to note i use windows xp home i have more then enough space on the HD its gb and i had about gb used at the most gb ram wich i checked the startup Setup F at startup to make sure it was being read correctly and by what it seemed to me it was fine please help me because the PC is very very very important it has alot of important info on it that cannot be lost nbsp

A:Help - The wierdest thing ever

For clarification sake, did you uninstall the card again at any time? It sounds like a defective video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-the-wierdest-thing-ever.111595/
Relevancy 48.59%

I probably got a i thing! wierdest The help... need virus on my machine but it s the strangest symptoms i ve ever heard of I can t run my Norton AV Pro or Zonealarm they just dont run I can t access anything in administrative tools in the control panel in the task manager in the processes tab NOTHING SHOWS just a gray window here s the weirdest part - i can t connect to any anti-virus web sites i tried symantec panda mcafee and a The wierdest thing! i need help... couple of other sites and it simply say quot The page cannot be displayed quot like im not connected although i have no problem connecting to other sites it s like it knows when im looking for an anti-virus also when i search in google for anything with the word virus in it the explorer shuts down same thing in netscape by the way I just don t know what to do I tried system restore - doesn t work it can t restore netscape doesn t help safe mode - no good downloaded vcleaner exe from somewhere - it can t find anything although my NAV doesn t work i managed to activate the pre-installation scan from the CD but it can t find anything I have downloaded panda platinum but it can t install it blockes it too I can t use any on-line virus scans because i can t get to any page related to viruses as i already explained I m desperate please if anybody knows what s the devilish thing is or how can i fix it let me know Thanx nbsp

A:The wierdest thing! i need help...

Please do not post duplicates. I have replied here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=2019483&posted=1#post2019483

Make all posts regarding this matter in that thread.

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-wierdest-thing-i-need-help.284743/
Relevancy 48.59%

I probably got a virus on my machine but it s the strangest symptoms i ve ever heard of I can t run my Norton AV Pro or Zonealarm they just dont run I can t access anything in administrative tools in the control panel in the task manager in the processes tab NOTHING SHOWS just a gray window here s the weirdest part - i can t connect to any anti-virus web sites i tried symantec panda mcafee and a couple of other sites and it simply say quot The page cannot be displayed quot like im not connected although i have no problem connecting to other sites it s like it knows when im looking for an The i need wierdest thing! help... anti-virus also when i search The wierdest thing! i need help... in google for anything with the word virus in it the explorer shuts down same thing in netscape by the way I just don t know what to do I tried system restore - doesn t work it can t restore netscape doesn t help safe mode - no good downloaded vcleaner exe from somewhere - it can t find anything although my NAV doesn t work i managed to activate the pre-installation scan from the CD but it can t find anything I have downloaded panda platinum but it can t install it blockes it too I can t use any on-line virus scans because i can t get to any page related to viruses as i already explained I m desperate please if anybody knows what s the devilish thing is or how can i fix it let me know Thanx nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I started having an issue with my computer about weeks ago while browsing the web the cursor would suddenly start to stutter than distort becomming a graphical artifact the system would than lock up and become unresponsive untill a hard boot i figured well this one's easy a memory stick went bad i ran memtest for about hours with no errors i figured it was just a fluke untill it started happening more frequently i began running diagnostic software prime i Wierdest seen EVER EVER. Issue have ran flawlessly futuremark also ran flawlessly so i torture tested memory graphics and CPU smart self tests and check disk found no problems with the hard Wierdest Issue i have EVER seen EVER. drives either so at Wierdest Issue i have EVER seen EVER. this point i have an issue that seems related to web browsing that can freeze my entire computer but am completely unable to reproduce it in a controlled environment the lack of a crash dump or any windows error logs makes me wonder if this could be viral or a bad driver however i am not skilled enough to read the detailed logs generated by SFC or OTL and i could definatly use some help digging into my OS and figuring out what is causing this very focused and specific problem that looks like hardware but doesent seem to actually be hardware

A:Wierdest Issue i have EVER seen EVER.

Hi -
Would there be any chance that you can post a screen shot of this ........... ?????

Always nice to see what you are dealing with -

Thanks -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502714/wierdest-issue-i-have-ever-seen-ever/
Relevancy 48.16%

You guys probably get a bunch of questions like this from new people like me everyday but I dont see anything relating to my problem I have a Dell Wierdest Imagined Freezing The computer wasnt by choice it has MB SDRAM Intel Pentium GHz GHz My video card is a Geforce FX Ok now for my problem EVERY SINGLE GAME FREEZES From high graphic games to old atari game those will freeze - minutes playing it I think the only games that actually work are the ones the computer already had like soltary pinball etc Now im noticing new problems like when I run ewdio the spydestroyer or whatever you want to call it but that usually freezes after - minutes of running Also another thing that freezes that I go to use is Disk clean up but it only freezes when it starts deleting stuff out of the compressed old files Sometimes ill get a freeze and have to turn The Wierdest Freezing Imagined the power off and when I turn it on it back on it stays in the loading screen the screen shows DELL and only a of the bar loaded but when you look at that one light on the tower its flickering and stuff like its processing info like The Wierdest Freezing Imagined it should be and it eventually stops as if I were in the Sign in screen But that usually only happens if I try to do things like I mentioned that make it freeze but I would have to do something like make the computer freeze times before it would do something like that The only way to get it to actually load up again at that point and act normal is to completely take the computer out of the power completely by turning the surge protector off start it up secounds later its fine Besides those few things everything else works fine I can play music download use messenger whatever I want to its juts when I try to run those few things Just to let you guys know what ive done to my computer before I started expierencing these problems I was testing out my neighbors RAM cards in my computer they were both MB SDRAM he to had a Dell and the cards worked fine buh I eventually had to take them out because he got a new computer and wanted them back About a couple months before I started expierencing this problem one of my fans died and Dell has the weirdest size fan for my computer its mm wide or something like that I had to actually go to the companys site Nidec and look up my model number and see what kinda fan I had Nowhere sells the fan either so its like DELL monopolized my system making me buy parts from them Im not in good standings with Dell and I dont think I can buy anything from them now at the moment I dont think this one fan dieing out caused any of my problems though because ive had a fan died before and it took Dell month to come out and replace it and install a new one but at that time I used the computer more than I do now Besides that when this fan that just died happend I started using a regular fan on the back to keep it more cold If that helped at all Ive ran virus scans a few times and got nothing so I doubt its anything of that nature Though one time my computer had this weird thing come up saying my hardrive might be damaged or a virus has infected something I forgot what it said but that only happend once and never expierenced it again I think I got that when running the disk clean up It gave me the option to continue but i just stopped it till I started checking stuff out Like I said before now it Disk Cleanup just freezes when deleteing compressed files So what do you think my problem could be Hardware or what And if it is hardware what should i replace or where should I start to finding the problem IM DIEING TO GET THIS THING RUNNING its been freezing since April but I havent really had the chance to look more into it and now I really want to use it nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Ok I the possibly screwup wierdest Quite have Call of Duty Game of the Year edition for my vista pc I find several things wrong with it Sometimes when you shoot baddies the stand straight up with arms spread and do nothing THis also happens to your buddies and you have to nudge them a bit to make them work I frequently have to reload sections of levels because it seems like the characters forget what to do For example one Quite possibly the wierdest screwup part of a level involving blowing up a door I had to load it twice for the characters to do it The reason i am doing this is because i am stuck on a level where i beat Quite possibly the wierdest screwup the whole things and nothing happens No new objectives show and none of the characters do anything i Have loaded it several Quite possibly the wierdest screwup times and still no response I have a g ram refurbished acer aspire with my game system rating being on what Vista says Speaking of Vista it is home premium I have tried to convert the game to Vista functionality using a built-in feature but still nothing Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I'm stumped.
On my Windows XP computer, I open my Yahoo mail and read an email with no problem...but when I hit the "reply" button, the new page that opens doesn't have a message window. It just has the "TO" window and the "SUBJECT" window. No window to write the message. Just a blank space.
Weird. This would be a great bit on Candid Camera, but it's very frustrating in real life. (By the way, my hotmail works fine. Also, on my Window Me computer, no problem with Yahoo mail.)

Relevancy 47.3%

I'm stumped.
On my Windows XP computer, I open my Yahoo mail and read an email with no problem...but when I hit the "reply" button, the new page that opens doesn't have a message window. It just has the "TO" window and the "SUBJECT" window. No window to write the message. Just a blank space.
Weird. This would be a great bit on Candid Camera, but it's very frustrating in real life. (By the way, my hotmail works fine. Also, on my Window Me computer, no problem with Yahoo mail.) My email address is [email protected]

A:The wierdest thing with Yahoo mail...

I'm closing this thread due to duplication.
Please start only one thread on a subject.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-wierdest-thing-with-yahoo-mail.341830/
Relevancy 46.87%

Just curious and looking for some laughs.

A:What's the wierdest/funniest wifi network name you've ever found?

How's this one?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/170151-whats-wierdest-funniest-wifi-network-name-youve-ever-found.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am helping a friend with a nasty infection He received evil phone windows changed password support ever - tech Wierdest by malware fake the phone calls from the scam MS support people claiming he had viruses Eventually he gave in and let them have control of his computer He cut them off before paying but not Wierdest malware ever - windows password changed by evil fake phone tech support before they had control I took Wierdest malware ever - windows password changed by evil fake phone tech support a look at his computer later and found no evidence that there was any lingering problem on his computer so I assumed that it was just a Teamviewer type tool that they had him download that gave them access After removing and running a few malware removal scanning tools I pronounced him clean An hour later he called and said his computer spontaneously logged him out and put a password on his user profile the password hint is Your computer is infected call this phone number to unlock I went back to his place and bypassed the very real Windows password lock Scanned again ran TDSSKiller and a few other malware removers again but suspected that he MUST have done something because this was a clean computer Didn't have time to do anything else in the past couple days but went back over yesterday Spent an hour on the phone with the number that the scammer gave us trying to figure out if they had a secret back door into the computer They did not and kept trying to get me to install various teamviewer clones to which I gave them the wrong ID once installed which totally threw them for a loop I never actually did allow them into the computer though since I felt confident that they didnt have some secret back door that didn't require the user to give them access I removed some startup items that were causing the pop-ups but again didn't find any remote access tool One hour later the user again called me saying his computer had been locked out I picked up the computer and took it home with me to reformat ready to admit defeat But I still just have to know what's causing this to recur so here I am DDS log below EDIT Forgot to mention that before the last reinfection when I was at the house for hours I installed Kaspersky IS figuring it was worth upgrading security with the best at least as far as PCworld and PCMag thought -- DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by dfan at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated E - D-D E- - E SP Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated ACF C- -DEC - FF - EF B SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled FA F CD- D -D - E C- ADD FFD Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Common Files Nuance dgnsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Lytro lytroservice exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avpui exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x ... Read more

A:Wierdest malware ever - windows password changed by evil fake phone tech support

Well, I ran out of patience  I left the computer offline for 24 hours and the infection did not return.  I then connected it for another 24 and by the time I checked in, it had been locked down again.  So it'll be a mystery I'm afraid.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530095/wierdest-malware-ever-windows-password-changed-by-evil-fake-phone-tech-support/
Relevancy 30.1%

Dell vostro 220

My computer was lagging and wasn't connecting to the internet properly, and then it froze so I shut it down. When I started it back up, the BIOS loaded but then went to a blank black screen with a mouse. I can move the mouse around. It won't load any further. I've tried all the safe modes and it does the same thing. And I tried cleaning all the dust off the computer. I've tried waiting at that screen for longer than 3 hours. It just stays there.

It's possible that it's a virus but I don't know. How can I solve this problem? Because I can't get into the computer to do a system restore. Please help, thank you!

A:Computer problem - computer froze, when restarted, blank black screen w/ mouse

Try a start-up repair from the Vista install disk - Startup Repair: frequently asked questions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-problem-computer-froze-when-restarted-blank-black-screen-w-mouse-546849.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I m baffled here I had my network between my new vista machine MAINCOMPUTER and my xp laptop JIMSLAPTOP set up perfectly transfered old files from xp computer to vista without problems until yesterday when I was trying to add music files to windows media palyer on my xp machine that are stored on my vista machine It is wireless network with the vista machine connected via ethernet and xp machine wirelessly It was working fine at first- searching for and adding all of the files that it should have I left the room for a bit while the songs were being added and when I came back it was frozen I canceled out of it and then tried to access the files that were added but it could not find them I then tried to access the folder through the network and My Network Places crashed I restarted tried again same crashed I can see the xp laptop no problem on my vista network map can access any of the xp files and can ping using IP and name both ways- from vista to xp and from xp to vista XP just won t find maincomputer now in My Network Places- error message says quot Workgroup is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Network name is no longer available quot Norton s is running on both machines but I have both computers on the network, XP on computer not computer can find Solved: problem just started Vista respective quot trust quot lists Again I had this working fine and this only started happening after the windows media player incident If anyone has any suggestions I d love to hear them Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: XP computer can not find Vista computer on network, problem just started

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-computer-can-not-find-vista-computer-on-network-problem-just-started.755289/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey I ve got a problem with my computer and i cant figure out what it is exactly so i dont know where to start on fixing this Basicly when im playing a high powered game i e World of Warcraft crashing problem. identifying help playing keeps when computer Need games Computer its crashing quite often turning the window into a black screen and then crashing my computer as if its something to do with my graphics or spec not able to run it I cracked my computer screen a few months ago and lately got it fixed and since then this problem started to apear i ve never had a problem with this before then I thought it may possibly be from getting a Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games new screen i might need to reinstall my graphics drivers which i moved onto doing and it still didnt help my problem I ve got GB of RAM Processor Intel R Core TM Duo Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games CPU T GHz My graphics cards are ATI Mobility Radeon HD So its more then enough for world of warcraft or most other high spec games It would be greatly Appriciated for your help nbsp

A:Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games

Usual cause of this problem is overheating and/or weak power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-identifying-computer-problem-computer-keeps-crashing-when-playing-games.136377/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello there I ve got a problem with my computer that s been bothering me for a long time now If possible I d like any of you to help me identify the problem and find a solution I ve never been able to fix this problem on what should problem. identifying Need help keeps games playing computer Computer crashing when be a perfectly fine computer bought new in march Full spec list in the end of the post OS is Windows XP Pro The problem is that the computer is either crashing completely or forcing games to shut down when I m playing games What I ve come to think is that my power supply can t handle the hardware that s in the computer when all the parts are being used maximally Here s what I m thinking When a game that demands the whole computer to work at maximum capacity is running the power supply will attempt to deliver the power all the hardware parts need to function properly at full speed Say the computer actually need a w power supply to function properly but the power supply i have only works at w it will actually try to Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games deliver w ultimately causing it to quot overheat quot and force itself to reboot as a means of getting cooled down or simply slowing down to work at normal capacity - instead of keeping on working at more than capacity over a longer period of time which would end up destroying the power supply altogether The crashes rarely occur when I do anything other than playing demanding games basically any game that s got high hardware demands will result in a computer crash - most often the BSOD kind - or forcing the game itself to abruptly Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games shut down Older games or games that simply doesn t need high end hardware will go on forever without causing any problems When it crashes it usually happens after - minutes of playing a few times it might go for around minutes When creating a character in a game something that only needs very little processing power it can go on for ages - even if the game itself would crash soon after playing normally this only supports my theory about the power supply I ve got all the latest drivers and such installed and always have Things I ve tried to fix my problem all without success include - Switching graphics card and installing the proper drivers - Formatting my computer reinstalling windows and everything else - Taking off the side of the cabinet and have a big fan blow air directly into the computer to cool off everything - Switching hard disk The computer BIOS won t recognize either of the two other drives I ve tried connecting - Paying too much money for having the place I bought it from fix it only to have them tell me quot it s a software problem quot They told me they experienced no problems while playing any games on their own hard disk they installed for testing This is the only thing that goes against my theory about the power supply as far as I can tell I ve never tested or switched the mother board RAM or processor The OS I ve used has been the same all the time - an old copy of Windows XP Professional from a burned CD I ll try to install Windows on my computer if nothing else can fix it But of course I d rather not spend time on formatting and installing windows when I m not even sure that it s going to solve my problem Because if it s a hardware problem namely a weak power supply I would lose my entire windows setup for nothing Any and all ideas are welcome Hopefully I can get this problem solved without spending any money Mainboard BIOSTAR GF V-M Chipset nVidia GeForce Processor Intel Core Duo E MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Hard Disk WDC GB Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack nbsp

A:Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games

New Computer

Yeah, build a new computer and put the drive in the new computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-identifying-computer-problem-computer-keeps-crashing-when-playing-games.134367/
Relevancy 29.67%

Ok well, my computer is pretty old, but its not THAT old, it has always worked very well, and all of a sudden one day it froze and i tried turning it off but when i went to press the power button it wouldnt turn off, no matter how many times i pressed the power button. so i had to turn off the power switch in the back of the computer. it did this consistently so i decided to format my computer and delete the partition stuff like that, but it still did it, and i even virus checked and there were no viruses.

my computer freezes out of nowhere at random spots (startup, windows, my desktop, etc) and when i try to turn it off the power button doesnt work so i have to turn it off by turning off the switch at the back of the computer, please help me, i don't know whats going on!

A:URGENT PROBLEM: Computer freezes, but can not turn computer off

Try holding the power switch in for at least 4 seconds. There is a entry in BIOS for instant off and 4 second delay. Yours is probably set to 4 seconds. Delay is good as it prevents accidential power offs from hitting the switch by mistake.

If you are hiolding the switch in and it isn't powering down there are two possibilties. Switch is defective or connector has came off the header.
Charlie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/urgent-problem-computer-freezes-but-can-not-turn-computer-off-13508.html
Relevancy 29.67%

The problem started out of nowhere.I have windows xp and I noticed that my whole computer is been running kinda choppy.anything that has audio will skip,including music,aim sounds,videos,video games,anything in general.also my mouse moves choppy.It will pause for a second and then start moving again with no problem and then pause again.The mouse mainly moves choppy when I load up certain programs.
I tried scanning my computer with spybot ad-aware and avg antivirus and it found nothing.I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Realtek ac97 and that didnt work either.
I have a cable modem so I know its not my internet connection speed.
I had my computer over a year and it was running with no problems.I started having these problems about 3 or 4 days ago.
Can somebody please help me fix these problems with my computer?

Relevancy 29.67%

When I turn on my Computer about some 1. Problem [SOLVED] 2. 2 computer. when starting with games. Problems. Problem of the time it gets to a certain state then resets itself [SOLVED] 2 Problems. 1. Problem when starting computer. 2. Problem with some games. resulting in a blue screen appearing for about a second with a count down at the bottom quot dumping quot something then I get a black screen with quot Safe Mode Start Normally quot etc Then when windows finally starts I get a window with the following error Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP A BCP DE D BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Shea AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Shea AppData Local Temp WER E tmp version txt Read our privacy statement http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x Any Ideas With some games when I choose quot Exit quot from the in-game menu the game closes down as it should but I get a window saying that basically it stopped working and it has options of which are quot Cancel Program quot or something like that and quot Debug quot Anyway I can't do anything with this window I need to use CTRL ALT DEL and use the Task Manager to shut it down The window not the game itself the game closes when I close the window Again any ideas Regards -Shamas the wise Shaman

A:[SOLVED] 2 Problems. 1. Problem when starting computer. 2. Problem with some games.

Hi and welcome to TSF

It seems to me that we are having BSoD errors here. First I would like you to start up in Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key. Then use the arrow keys to choose Safe Mode and then Choose your OS. Boot up into your computer and click Start. Right click My Computer and hit Properties. Then in System Properties click the Advanced Tab. Under Startup and Recovery click Settings. Under System Failure in the new box decheck the box that says, "Automatically Restart." Click Ok and then Ok again. Then I would like you to restart your computer and try to get the Blue Screen again. When you do get the Blue Screen tell me exactly what the text says.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-2-problems-1-problem-when-starting-computer-2-problem-with-some-games-177287.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,

My computer, Dell optiplex 760 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, is crashing. The crashes often happen when i'm playing this game, League of legends, but it also crashes at random points while on a social media or gaming websites.

How to fix? Help please.

A:Computer is crashing.Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

I used the DM log collector application and everytime it's done collecting the data, it will not let me save the information and quickly jump to a page saying it's already been put in a zipper folder but i can not find the zipped folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335423-computer-crashing-problem-signature-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Ok this is my first time on this site and i have little understanding of the computer but let me try to explain the problem as well as i can.

Ok most of my games are freezing up during gameplay such as Everquest freezes up for no reason or same for Guild Wars. I think its something wrong with my computer (but no sure the problem) or it might be something wrong with the graphic card. I can telll the difference between lag of a game and the game just freezing up for no apparent reason.

If you need me to say what kind of computer i have or what graphic card i currently have, please say so.

If there is a program that i need to download to help fix this problem, i trust you guys seeing as you know more than i do.

Can you guys please help me out?

Relevancy 29.24%

my computer is making me sweat now that its not winter. I don't have ac and my room is getting as hot as 85F all ready, is there a way to keep the computer on all day with out making so much heat. software power saving software has kept the cpu heat down to 54C, the garphics heat down to 51C, and the mobo heat down to 42C .

so my question is.. is there a micro Air conditioner for a pc to keep the air in the case more cool? not only would something like this help keep the case and components cool it would keep my room cooler and I can keep my unreal3 and fear2 servers up and runing.

Relevancy 29.24%

I've been having this problem for weeks now I have a cable connection and a wireless router that plugs right into the Computer Internet, not with [SOLVED] Problem problem the connection's computer which happens to be the one I'm having [SOLVED] Computer Problem with Internet, connection's not the problem a problem with the laptops work fine with the wireless internet only the computer is screwed up When I try going to websites such as AOL com and MySpace Only about half of the websites I visit will work I know the internet connects bc it says quot AOL - Welcome to AOL quot and shows the logo in the search bar but does not display Just sits there and loads and loads and loads Also for no reason my Flash player is gone all this sudden after [SOLVED] Computer Problem with Internet, connection's not the problem this problem has been happening And guess what Adobe com won't load so I can't reinstall it but flash player is still listed in the quot Add of Remove programs quot list What could be the problem and what can I do to fix it

A:[SOLVED] Computer Problem with Internet, connection's not the problem

Hi Brian2570...

it could be a malware issue..have you checked for any infections recently?

If after doing the above and you're sure you system is clean, perhaps try connecting to those sites with your firewall temporarily disabled?

Also, have a look in your HOSTS file for any added entries such as Adobe, AOL and MySpace:

- Click Start -> Run -> type:
notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Click Ok
- That will open the hosts file in notepad...if it's quite large, try using the Edit -> Find feature to search for the entries.

Post back if you find any...or not please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-problem-with-internet-connections-not-the-problem-242538.html
Relevancy 29.24%

When I go on my computer dell xps labtop running windows xp my internet works fine however some websites will not load Websites such as facebook yahoo and myspace will not load while other websites such as this one will Google only works if I search something immediatly after I open the browser after waiting a couple minutes it will no longer work When these sites get stuck at loading the bar at the bottum of the screen remains at from connection with Computer Internet, the ie] Problem [moved not problem is the beginning I use Internet Explorer and firefox and the problem exists in both My internet is working fine and there are no firewall problems or any security problems as well I'm not very knowledgable with computers so please keep your answers simple Please Help Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Computer Problem with Internet, connection is not the problem [moved from ie] Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logishrd lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c Computer Problem with Internet, connection is not the problem [moved from ie] PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Computer Problem with Internet, connection is not the problem [moved from ie] Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS ehome RMSysTry exe C Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS ehome RMSvc exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtKbd exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtBty exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosOBEX exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosBtProc exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech WebColct WebColct exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-problem-with-internet-connection-is-not-the-problem-moved-from-ie-260435.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello Having problems with computer slowing down Slow scans slow Problem..slow Update Computer... Problem, Security opening files update problem with Microsoft automatic updates I am having a Security Problem, Update Problem..slow Computer... security problem because the update for Microsoft Security Framework won't install an update I have had a these problems since a virus infection Problems with registry I ran System Mechanic Mobile but it didn't help with security problem ThanksHere is my Hijackthis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus Tmntsrv exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus tmproxy exeC WINDOWS system mqsvc exeC WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus pccguide exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus PCClient exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus TMOAgent exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC WINDOWS System CmFlywav exeC Program Files Wireless-G Music Bridge WMB G exeC Program Files AirPort APAgent exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files iTunes iTunes exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch TB amp M MX R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M MX R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch TB amp M MX O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO Google Web Accelerator Helper - A B D-DE - - - BA C C - C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccToolbar dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar... Read more

A:Security Problem, Update Problem..slow Computer...

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum what-the? My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers. Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.*NOTE*In case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114318/security-problem-update-problemslow-computer/
Relevancy 28.81%

My first problem is that I can t shutdown my computer I mean I can shut Win2k a a problem? Could this be problem or general computer down the operating system but the fan still runs This seems Could this be a Win2k problem or a general computer problem? to have come up within the last several weeks after I unplugged it once by accident It wouldn t restart so I had to hit the reset button I d never Could this be a Win2k problem or a general computer problem? previously used one but thats what people suggested in other places when it wouldn t restart just hit the reset button So I did Now I m stuck with it not turning off I looked it up elsewhere and on some other MB somebody suggested going in to the BIOS and changing the power management settings I found power settings but that didn t seem to have anything to do with shutdown just start up Unless I missed something Anyway so now to get the computer to turn off I Could this be a Win2k problem or a general computer problem? have to actually unplug it which causes me to have to hit the reset button several times to get it to start up again I m worried I ve damaging my system somehow by doing this I just got this computer about two months ago The guy said it was refurbished and except for after these last few weeks it s run really well I wanted a second opinion from somebody else though I called the guy and asked him for advice My second problem may be a direct result of the first The last few days my keyboard and sometimes my mouse stop working Sometimes the keyboard lights light up and I hear a beep inside and the hardware profile for the keyboard has disappeared Other times it s still there and registers no problems except none of the keys work I have to restart unplug and replug in the keyboard to get it to work I figured it might be that my system over heated and is causing these problems It runs pretty warm right now because I can t shut it off I don t know what to do The guy who refurbished my computer told me to take out the battery on the motherboard and see if it would reset my problem with the keyboard and mouse It didn t I still have the same problem He also suggested that I might need a new CPU I m a college student with limited cash flow and even though he says CPU s are not expensive why would I need to buy one when he just gave me he claims a like new computer Keep in mind I ve only had this computer for exactly two months nbsp

Relevancy 28.81%

For about the last month it Router Solved: Computer Problem? Problem or seems that my internet connection Solved: Computer Problem or Router Problem? has been very very slow Sometimes in the neighborhood of or Mbps I have a lynksys wireless G router and before this lag started happening I was always had a quot good quot if not better connection I m not sure if this is a function of something being wrong with my computer or router Below is a hijack this log Please let me know what looks out of place or shouldn t be there Thanks alot Mike Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http start earthlink net AL Search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start earthlink net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start earthlink net AL Search R - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F B - C- -A B -D BD DCBB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess ElnIE dll R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO EarthLink ScamBlocker V - F D - BAA- - -EECB CD E - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar EScamBlk dll O - BHO EarthLink PopUp Blocker V - ACF B- D - -B -A F DB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar ElnkPuB dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO IE PopupBlocker Class - EC B - B- -B - A C F - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Accelerator prpl IePopupBlocker dll O - BHO Earthlink Protection BHO - D -D D - - -FE A BD - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar ProtctIE dll O - BHO Uninstall Legacy Earthlink Toolbar - E C-DF - C -BBAD- DB BE - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar uninsttb dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar EarthLink Toolbar - C - F - -B A - EE - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar Toolbar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround... Read more

Relevancy 28.81%

I've been having some issues lately. When I start my computer, it comes up with an error for which I need to press F1 to continue. Then my computer is telling me that my main hard drive might fail soon, but I'm not sure why or what to do about it. I recently restored my computer back to factory settings, thinking that it might solve the problem, but it hasn't.

Anyone know what this is about and what to do about it? Thanks for any help!

A:Problem with computer, possible hard disk problem

You need to replace the hard drive, it's faulty. Factory restores cannot fix broken hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-computer-possible-hard-disk-problem.1155342/
Relevancy 28.38%

I want to set up a peer to peer to connection between two computers. below is my setup

2 laptops
2 routers
1 ethernet cable to connect two routers
1 ethernet cable to connect from router 1 to laptop 1
1 ethernet cable to connect from router 2 to laptop 2

Router 1 : TP-Link - TL-R470T+
Router 2 : CISCO Linksys E900

Below is my detailed network diagram.

Please help me with the ip configuration on both the routers. I tried but not succeeded.

Note : There is no internet connectivity to any router. I Just want to ping from one laptop to other laptop.Thats it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-while-pinging-from-one-computer-to-another-computer.1155316/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am trying to set up a home network using a Linksys Ethernet Cable router. I have set up the workgroup name and computer names. The FamilyPC is running XP while the HomeschoolPC is running Vista(it's a new computer dedicated to homeschooling). I disabled both firewalls and got the Vista computer to recognize the XP comp. but the XP comp. won't recognize the Vista comp. I can access shared files and printers on the XP comp by the Vista comp. but not the other way around. What am I doing wrong? I can also ping both computers from each other in the command prompt window.

Relevancy 28.38%

Hello everyone I have been searching far and wide for a solution to my To Computer Problem Networking Computer networking problem I have computers that i connect directly to each other by ethernet cable Both computers also connect to the internet via wifi So on each computer I have my Wireless connection and the 'unidentified network' Computer To Computer Networking Problem link between the two computers The problem is that the 'unidentified network' settings never save so when ever i restart either of the computers I have to make the unidentified network private again and there is no way that i can see to actually save the unidentified network settings in a profile Also to prevent the computer to computer connection from broadcasting over the wifi connection i have to disconnect the wireless from one of the computers I have tried making the wifi a public network and the ethernet connection private but it never seems to work anyone out there know what i can do any help is greatly appreciated

A:Computer To Computer Networking Problem

Are the two computers in question laptops and are they both wireless enabled? Meaning, do the laptops pick up wireless connections automatically and turned on.

Do you have a wireless router?
Please list your hardware setup and connections, as much detail as possible and a rough sketch of your network.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/257235-computer-computer-networking-problem.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi there,

"My Computer" is opening up whenever keys are pressed on the infected computers keyboard. The system is windows vista with 4gb of ram. A FULL scan has been run by kapserky PURE virus scanner but nothing was found. It is now running the DDS tool as mentioned in a forum sticky here, but its taking ages so far.

Every few keys, "My Computer" opens, making it impossible to type anything and thus making the pc practically unusuable. Can anyone advise anything to try?

A:Problem - Computer opens "My computer" whenever keys are pressed.

Sorry, it was the GMER tool that was running. Its completed now and said it didnt find any modifications, and hasn't generated any txt files. Please advise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/problem-computer-opens-my-computer-whenever-keys-are-pressed-681340.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I have a Windows computer that has a virus 7 8.1 from Windows Computer Backing Problem Windows Computer To Data Up I pulled the hard drive out of the Problem Backing Up Data from Windows 8.1 Computer To Windows 7 Computer Windows computer and hooked it up to my Windows computer via a data transfer kit that hooks up USB I booted my Windows computer up into safe mode and took over ownership of all the folders and files on my Windows hard drive After I took over ownership I copied my user folder that had GB of data to my Windows computer to store my data temporarily while I formatted the Windows drive to get rid of the virus After I formatted and reloaded windows I pulled the hard drive out of the computer and hooked the drive back up to my Windows computer I then cut and paste all of the data back to my Windows hard drive The data copied correctly no problem but when I put the Drive back into the Windows computer I cannot see any of my data that I copied from my Windows computer Any help would be appreciated

A:Problem Backing Up Data from Windows 8.1 Computer To Windows 7 Computer

HDDs/SSDBs have identifiers which are are recognized from the motherboard it is installed with.  Before moving a hdd/ssd to another motherboard you need to remove these, to do this you generalize the operating system by using sysprep from the command prompt.  This must be done before moving the HDD/SSD.

In the Elevated Command Prompt type in CD C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep, then press Enter.  Then use the command: sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown, then press Enter.

If you do not do this prior to moving the drive you may only receive error messages.

Are the data that you can't read encrypted?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581973/problem-backing-up-data-from-windows-81-computer-to-windows-7-computer/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello, I have a Athlon 64 3200+ with 128 9800 Pro video card, Audigy 2 ZS sound, 1 gig ram and dual Raptor 74G hard drives.

I have random freeze ups and can here and see a glitch during boot up. I play BF1942 Forgotten Hope and thought it might be the game causing problems because the freeze ups started happening during the game. I since have uninstalled the game and am still having the same problems. Please help. Paul

A:Please Help! Computer With Computer Problem

Have you updated, and run your antivirus?Have you done any online virus scans?http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/http://housecall.trendmicro.com/Also this online Trojan scanner:TrojanScanHave you run any Spyware/Malware programs?What Spyware/Malware programs do you use?Were there any error messages?If so, what was the exact error message?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58389/please-help-computer-with-computer-problem/
Relevancy 26.23%

Could some one please check over this scan to see if this computer of mine HP Pavilion dv cl is infected I use the new version test this computer? [Computer a 1] I on Do have problem version of Windows I have computer that I use My WOW account information has been stolen so at least one of them must be infected But is this the one Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Do I have a problem on this computer? [Computer 1] saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files x RocketDock RocketDock exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer Do I have a problem on this computer? [Computer 1] exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com rs R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe quot O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run RocketDock quot C Program Files x RocketDock RocketDock exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dllO - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp amp Destroy Conf... Read more

A:Do I have a problem on this computer? [Computer 1]

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259435/do-i-have-a-problem-on-this-computer-computer-1/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a DELL from 2004 that currently has 5 users. We have AVG free 8.5 for virus protection, for the past few months it wont let us delet any viruses from the vault. Currently only one user can gain access to the internet all other are stoped with a "can not connect" display. We tried to uninstall AVG but we were given an error code/ warning and would not uninstall. Can anyone help with our problem?

A:computer problem

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284876/computer-problem/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have an HP computer that s been giving me a lot of problems particularly tonight I took the RAM out to clean it and when I put it back in the computer wouldn t start and it beeped I thought it was because the RAM wasn problem HP Computer t pushed in far enough so after that it worked but it wouldn t always start when I pushed the power button I tried moving the memory into the other slot that didn t work very well so I switched it back and it seems to be doing alright now but when I even so much HP Computer problem as breathe on the computer case move a wire or even move the case the slightest bit the computer will either lock up or shut down I have to wait a minute or two and physically take the cord in the back and plug it back in ensuring the little green light is on so I can turn it on -- and even then it doesn t always work sometimes it just cuts the power and I have to do it again Is the computer shorting out Or is it something else If so is there any way to easily tell this without having to haul it off somewhere any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:HP Computer problem

This may be a plug loose or Ram not seated correctly issue.

But actually what I think has happened is that whilst pressing down on the Ram you have also pushed the Motherboard down and either shorted or close to shorting the board.

Your best approach would be to unplug ALL Motherboard cables (adhearing to the manual and antistatic/power precautions) and physically remove the Motherboard from the case.

Once the Motherboard is out, firstly blow away any dust and debri, you can also use circuit board cleaner to really wash the board (then dry)

Confirm when re-mounting, that the posts are secure and all present! in the case.

Test again. (note you can bench test out of the case too)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-computer-problem.100021/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am trying to put a newly acquired computer on my home network4. The problem is that it has the same name as a computer already on the network and the network doesn't like that. The system is winXP and I cannot remember how to change the name.

Thanks for help

A:computer name problem

Hi,

Right-click on My Computer, click 'Properties', and click the 'Computer Name' tab. Click the 'Change' button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-name-problem.503338/
Relevancy 25.8%

ok so im on my laptop right now because my pc is not working at alll the problem is that EVERY program running ends up stopping with an error message saying quot a problem caused this program to stop working quot and the programs stops everytime i go on the internet my homepage loads fine serious computer my problem with google and i can do searches but when i click on one serious problem with my computer of the things the searches found i get an error saying quot a problem caused the program to stop working quot and it closes i cant go to any web pages as this always happens also when i start up my computer msn is normally running so i can quickly log in etc but now when i start up it says quot msn serious problem with my computer messenger has stopped working quot and it closes this happens with most of my programs ive run defragmenters cleaned up my cookies etc and even run virus scans with AVG full version and norton anybody know what the problem is and how i can fix it after asking this question on yahoo answers i found out that i shouldnt have more than virus scanner installed so i have uninstalled AVG nothing will work when i go on a game it loads then the screen goes black for a second and it closes when i go on something like steam it logs me in then closes now when i try to run norton it will do a scan for a few minutes and will then freeze and become unresponsive i really have no idea what to do i posted this in the vista section as i have no idea where else to post it but i believe it may be a vista problem from what friends have told me any help will be much appreciated many thanks I THINK I FIXED IT ok as i was writing this i was running a system restore from before i installed microsoft NET which a game modding kit told me to download it was for san andreas its some thing that lets you mod the game for different cars or whatever anyway system restore just finished and it LOOKS like the problem is solved BUT norton has experienced an error quot ERROR quot auto protect experienced an unexpected error quot on restart afer installing Norton quot any idea what to do many thanks nbsp

A:serious problem with my computer

Hewo :O)

If all else is now working fine and Norton is da only problem.. try uninstalling Norton. If all good after Norton is gone ... I would suggest reinstalling AVG :O)

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-with-my-computer.750563/
Relevancy 25.8%

How can I fix this error?.What is the error?

WGA Error log D446F964-542-80004005_D446F964-509-80004005
[email protected]

A:Computer Problem

Welcome to Tech Support Guy, bartonward.

Could you provide more info on this problem? When is it occuring? What program are you running/trying to run when it pops up? Is there anything else with that error message?

Can you provide a screen dump of the error message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-problem.503293/
Relevancy 25.8%

Before I got my new computer I was using an old one to download a couple games off D2D. Now when I opened my account on this comp and downloaded a game, it says that I don't have 15mb of free memory. this is a brand new computer and I seem to be having problems everyday >_>

A:New Problem with New Computer

Specs on the new PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-problem-with-new-computer.712742/
Relevancy 25.8%

my friend had some computer probs including not being able to go onto websites but thats been fixed now but there are some things in her computer problem hijack log that look fishy to me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard nhksrv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Tmntsrv exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCPFW exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe C Program Files Trend computer problem Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe C Program Files FarStone VirtualDrive VDTask exe C WINDOWS vcdplayx exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe C Program Files Genius NetScroll Series Mouse mouseElf exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files BTV btv exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard TrayMon exe C Program Files Mustek UB Plus Driver WATCH exe C Program Files Netropa Onscreen Display OSD exe C Program Files Netropa InetKb Inetkb exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C Documents and Settings user Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe C PROGRA Netropa InetKb ikbupd exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files ycomp dll O - Toolbar no name - DAF B -CBCC- B -BD E- F D AF - no file O - Toolbar PowerSearch - E BD F- B D- E-A E -EA FA AD D - C PROGRA POWERS Toolbar pwrscuz dll O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run PCCClient exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe quot O - HKLM Run Pop trap exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe quot O - HKLM Run VirtualDrive quot C Program Files FarStone VirtualDrive VDTask exe quot AutoRestore O - HKLM Run vcdplayx quot C WINDOWS vcdplayx exe quot O - HKLM Run MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run mouseElf C Program Files Genius NetScroll Series Mouse mouseElf exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run WebScan C Program Files Acceleration Software Anti-Virus defscangui exe -k O - HKLM Run RealJukeboxSystray quot c Program Files Real RealJukebox tsystray exe quot O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run ICQ Lite C Program... Read more

Relevancy 25.8%

I have had my laptop for 2 years and in the past 2 weeks I have had various problems with all my programs...

I cant open up anything or delete anything or even open up downloaded programs...

If I try and open up a file I have downloaded it wont let me and says "C:\Users\Robin\AppData\Local\Temp could not be saved, because an unknown error occurred."

Try saving to a different location."

If I try and delete something or even open up something I get "an error code 0x80070570 the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

I dont know what to do now as I cant see if I have a virus because my avg does not work and I cant download a program...

Please can someone help me

My operating system is ACER Aspire 4920
Intel Core, 2 duo processor T5250
120GB HDD
1.5GHz,667 Mhz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache
2GB DDR2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-problem.938745/
Relevancy 25.8%

All of a sudden when I restarted my comp, it gave me some "Unable to load user <myusername>, so default user will be used". Now I can't download anything or play any games. Here's some screenshots.

This is when I try to go into the C:\Documents and Settings\keith\Local Settings directory
This is when I try to download something. It just stays like that forever.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TSG forums.

Do you have the recovery software for this computer? If so what is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-problem.475453/
Relevancy 25.8%

I just bought a laptop from Cyberpower Inc. All was going well until I got hit with some strange error last wednesday (Feb 11) which crashed my computer and wouldnt let me boot up. Needless to say I was forced to re-install. Now I have no drivers for any of my hardware (video card, main board, etc) My mainboard and video card drivers are the ones that i really care about; anyone know where i can get drivers for them?

video: Radeon 9600 Pro 128 mb
mainboard: haven't the foggiest

gLitchy

Relevancy 25.8%

Hello 

I'm having problem with my HP desktop Windows 7.
When I boot my computer in 2-3 min. after I get "Windows has encountered critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute please save your work" 
This goes on every time I boot up. When I unplug from internet it works fine this happened 3 weeks ago I didn't have time to play with it I use laptop from work.I scanned it with Norton and other programs all is ok I used System Restore that didn' work.
Can anyone please help?

thx bill

A:Computer problem

Can you boot into Safe Mode via hitting F8 just after the post screen?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517498/computer-problem/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hola
My hard drive stared making strange noises and suddenly stop working. When I rebooted, it ask me for a recovery disk, (My XP disk?) When I inserted the XP disk, and after loading all the stuff, it's asking me for this:

"Microsoft Windows XP (TM) recovery console.
The recovery console provides system repair and recovery functionality.
Type exit to quit the recovery console and restart your computer.
C:\>"

If I type exit, it would do the same thing again.
I have a blinking square after the C:\> It is waiting for a command or something?
It's my hardrive dead?
I'm sorry for my "complete" explanation about this problem.
I'm really hoping you understand.
Please help.
Thanks
Uly7

Sounds like the drive is dead. To be sure go to the manufacturers web site, download the diags and test it out. It may also still be under warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-problem.225994/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi guys i am having problem with my PC the task manager and registry editing has been disabled windows keeps up saying that there is a spyware in the system please download an anti spyware and it gives a link to download as well but my internet is all messed up i manged to download AVG anti spyware and computer my Problem with it found some spywares but was use less now i am going to try super anti spyware the hijackthis log is below Logfile of HijackThis v Problem with my computer Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Problem with my computer lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Tmntsrv exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Music Server SSSvr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files Sony Photo Server appsrv PicAppSrv exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform sv httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCPFW exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe c progra Support com client bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files PowerPanel Program PcfMgr exe C Program Files Eset nod exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA FREEDO fdm exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http pc-cillin antivirus com en - amp GUID A A D A D A F D A R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS System printer exe O - BHO IEHlprObj Class - ABCDECF - B - D -ABED- C - C WINDOWS System vtr dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run AtiPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXE O - HKLM Run HKSERV EXE C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS Syste... Read more

A:Problem with my computer

Guys please its my computer we are talking about. please help me.
here is the latest log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:52:59 AM, on 8/16/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\printer.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\pccguide.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Pop3trap.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKWnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Music Server\SSSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Photo Server 20\appsrv\PicAppSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\SV_Httpd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\CapabilityManager.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\sv_httpd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCPFW.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
C:\Program Files\PowerPanel\Program\PcfMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
c:\progra~1\Support.com\client\bin\tgcmd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\Generic.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Mobile Phone Monitor\epmworker.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://pc-cillin9.antivirus.com/en/...7118-7555&GUID=585A5A5D5A59585D5A5F585D59526A
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.0.1:8080
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\printer.exe
O2 - BHO: IEHlprObj Class - {ABCDECF0-4B15-11D1-ABED-709549C10000} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vtr218.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Fil... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-my-computer.610061/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi

Can anyone help me my computer has some problem with it, it doesn't boot up when i turn on the computer it goes on but i can't see nothing on the screen and it doesn't beep i tried changing the monitor,battery and harddrive and still does not work could anyone tell me what the problem could be?

thanks

computerhelp1

welcome
list your computer specs including the power supply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/computer-problem-201281.html
Relevancy 25.8%

ok i just bought this computer from a new computer, with >.<!!! Problem help please friend and yes he is trust worthy i have looked around and couldnt find help anywhere this is the motherboard or at least looks almost identical to it ww legitreviews com article php aid the problem is that when i Problem with new computer, please help >.<!!! turn it on it does all the normal crap but when it tries to actually use the harddrive and go onto it i get a quick Problem with new computer, please help >.<!!! blue screen and my comp restarts that harddrive was a western digital gig then my friend brought Problem with new computer, please help >.<!!! me over a maxtor gig to replace it but when i put that one in it tells me to insert a boot device i have a cd dvd combo drive and when i try to do a windows xp setup on either hard drive it tells me it cant find a harddrive odd thing when i turn it on and it detects IDE crap i see it flash the name of the harddrive so i know it is there but when i go into the CMOS it doesnt show up at all however the cd dvd drive does show up o i tried rearranging the IDEs with one another and it does nothing if you look at the pic of the mother board the IDE on its side is the one that the cd drive is in and i tried the harddrive in all i know about master and slave and have that right but the thing im wondering is could there be a conflict between the harddrives and cd dvd drive or he told me that his business partener he got it from used RAID i think with a gig harddrive and the they said it ran fine but took then out and didnt test the alone - - i know nothing about RAID so yeah HELP PLEASE gt lt nbsp

A:Problem with new computer, please help >.<!!!

try resetting the bios to defaults. Then make sure all you ide channels are set to auto detect. F10 then save. Also make sure that your cd is the first boot device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-new-computer-please-help.408729/
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm not sure what to title this since I haven't exactly been able to pinpoint the cause of the problem. Anyway when I start my laptop one of three things happens. 1, After BIOS loads and windows starts loading up the screen goes black and I have to reboot the computer. 2, After loading BIOS the screen is a jumble of mixed up letters and crazy colors. 3, it works just fine (watched videos on youtube, updated programs) and everything loads up until I load a game up then the screen gets weird colors and freezes so I restart again. When I start in Safe Mode everything is fine. I have been trying to solve this for 7 hours so please somebody help!

The computer is a Dell Latitude D630 with NVIDIA? Quadro NVS 135M video card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-problem-bad-please-help-472267.html
Relevancy 25.8%

hi,
my comp model is samsung R480,windows premium,4gb ram.5oo gb hardisk and 1 gb graphics card.
my problem is that after i select an option from right click of mouse ,the selected option stays on screen,everything works normally but my mouse gets de activated and computer has also become slow.
kindly tell me the solution of problem.

it may be an infection follow this

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-problem-576238.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello there.
Lately, when I was checking my connections via netstat, I noticed some odd connections, like Skype had ESTABLISHED connection with my internet off, even with my router off, my system tried to connect to facebook..

I can show an example of the netstat -b if needed.

A:Problem with my computer

EDIT: The Facebook part, the cable was not on the computer, but the router was on, apologies.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538029/problem-with-my-computer/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone

My computer has been acting weird and slow since last couple week, I want to format and install new windows XP pro. But the thing i dont want to lose some softwares and drivers. So what should i do to backup them all and format my computer ? I used to format and install OS but not backing up anything. Now i am worry to losing some important softwares and drivers.

My question is there any software or any way to let us backup software + driver to the CD then we can format hdd and install OS like normally?.

Thanks.

A:Computer problem need to fix it, please help

You could make a CD of your personal files (good practice in any event), run the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard and add that to the CD, and follow the path in Device Manager to the source of any driver you think might cause a problem on the re-install. Make sure you've got the install disks for any software you use otherwise you'll lose it.

Biggest problem might be if you've got Service Pack 2 installed but your original XP CD came without it. That could bring up a message implying your CD can't recognise an Operating System newer than itself so you might need to uninstall the Pack before you get started.

Whilst there is something almost therapeutic about a format and reinstall once a year, it's an extreme solution to what could be a easily solved problem. Have you considered malware to be the cause of your slowdown?

Try scanning with Spybot Search and Destroy version 1.4 and Ad-Aware Personal version 1.06, both free to downlaod (Spybot welcomes donations) and both to be found at http://www.majorgeeks.com and you could also benefit from a Registry clear out using CCleaner from http://www.ccleaner.com/ccdownload.asp and scan for issues and leftovers from previous programme uninstallations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-problem-need-to-fix-it-please-help.373058/
Relevancy 25.8%

this has been going on for awhile now but internet has been going up and down but i believe its because of istsvc from what i ve read on it online it seems to cause the internet to go down after awhile heres my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT aim exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System snmp exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system Tablet exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system Kernall exe C WINNT vgsfmxed exe C WINNT system msxct exe C WINNT system mmvlhh h exe C WINNT system Etakay exe C Program Files Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C photos exe C Computer problem... Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe C Program Files Internet Optimizer optimize exe C Program Files BullsEye Network bin bargains exe C WINNT explorer exe C WINNT system Notepad exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus aults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp wave defaults sp http www yahoo com Computer problem... R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp wave defaults su http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO BHObj Class - - F D- C- E - A C E C - C WINNT nem dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AltaVista Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- EA-EC A AE - C WINNT DOWNLO ALTAVI DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO BAHelper Class - A FDD -A - - - ED E DBBB - C Program Files SideFind sfbho dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO ADP UrlCatcher Class - F E - E- -BE D-ED A FD DA - C WINNT system msbe dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar AltaVista Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- EA-EC A AE - C WINNT DOWNLO ALTAVI DLL O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - FAA E -D - a -AB -A C E D - no file O - HKLM Run Kernall Default Kernall exe O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run QM C WINNT vgsfmxed exe O - HKLM Run msxct msxct exe O - HKLM Run mmvlhh h C WINNT system mmvlhh h exe O - HKLM Run version C WINNT system Kwmsbb exe O - HKLM Run secure C WINNT system Etakay exe O - HKLM Run IST Service C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe O - HKLM Run Internet Optimizer quot C Program Files Internet Optimizer optimize exe quot O - HKLM Run BullsEye Network C Program Files BullsEye Network bin bargains exe O - HKLM RunServices Kernall Default Kernall exe O - HKCU Run WindowBlinds C Program Files Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload exe auto O - Startup Stardock ObjectDock lnk C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AltaVista Search - file C Program Files ALTAVISTA Toolbar Cache SelectedContextSearch htm O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - re... Read more

Relevancy 25.8%

"network card unplugged local area connection 2". What does this mean? and why does it keep flashing up on the bottom of my computer.

Hi,

Do you have a laptop or a desktop? We need a bit more info please. This can happen when you have more than one network card installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-problem-234381.html
Relevancy 25.8%

So I just got all the parts for my new computer today and I conencted everything and plugged it in and everything satrted working (All fans/cpu/graphics card) but the screen just stays black the bios screen doesn't come up...is this because something is wrong with my graphics card or because I screwed something up?

A:Computer problem

Have you plugged in the 12v CPU power connector?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-problem.75065/
Relevancy 25.8%

In the last - weeks my netbook seems to be acting weird The first issue I noticed is that the Internet explorer is running very slow at boot up and closing Also the biggest issue that a problem.. have might Computer I have now is that my Microsoft Computer might have a problem.. Outlook will not open anymore I ran a malwarebytes and didn t find anything then I ran a defrag and it cleaned it up a bit but still can t do anything I ran a hijack log and it looks to be really messed up Would someone please help me out please Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files System Control Manager MSIService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files SRS Labs WOWHD and TSXT Driver SRS PostInstaller exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files System Control Manager MGSysCtrl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SRS Labs WOWHD and TSXT Driver SRSTrayApp exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files lg swupdate Gilautouc exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosAVRC exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www avon ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook FCToolbarURLSearchHook Class - d adc e-d f - f -b - a c c ae - C Program Files ICN Gaming Bar Helper dll R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhanc... Read more

Relevancy 25.8%

Greetings I bring you a hijackthis log My trend micro software is not updating properly and it is taking a long time to load I noticed I have the worm sdbot cnl and smncs exe I tried to get rid of it myself but don't think I was successful Here is my log Can you help Thank you JimLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched I Problem Have Another Computer exeC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exeC Program Files I Have Another Computer Problem Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv I Have Another Computer Problem exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC Documents and Settings Shelby Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO ATLDistrib Object - C C- DB - - BD -E C A AD - C WINDOWS system jkkjj dllO - BHO no name - EA FB B- C - cc-B EF- A B EDB D - C WINDOWS system ssttr dllO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeO - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run MMTray quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe quot O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYERO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exeO - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exeO - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run mmtask quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe quot O - HKCU Run DellSupport quot C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe quot startupO - Global Startup dlbcserv lnk C Program Files Dell Photo Printer dlbcserv exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system ... Read more

A:I Have Another Computer Problem

Please print these instructions out for use in Safe Mode. Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.Double-click VundoFix.exe to extract the files This will create a VundoFix folder on your desktop. After the files are extracted, please reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode then hit enter. Once in safe mode open the VundoFix folder and doubleclick on KillVundo.bat You will first be presented with a warning and a list of forums to seek help at.
it should look like this
VundoFix V2.15 by Atri
By pressing enter you agree that you are using this at your own risk

At this point press enter one time.
Next you will see:
Type in the filepath as instructed by the forum staff
Then Press Enter
At this point please type the following file path (make sure to enter it exactly as below!): C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkkjj.dll Press Enter,
Next you will see:
Please type in the second filepath as instructed by the forum staff
Then Press Enter, At this point please type the following file path (make sure to enter it exactly as below!): C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjkkj.*
If you have a script blocker running, you may get a warning about a malicious script. Allow the script to run. It is not malicious.

The fix will run then HijackThis will open. In HijackThis, please place a check next to the following items and click FIX CHECKED:
O2 - BHO: ATLDistrib Object - {93C6313C-9DB4-4694-8BD0-E378C573A9AD} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkkjj.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EA32FB3B-21C9-42cc-B8EF-01A9B28EDB0D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssttr.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: jkkjj - C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkkjj.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: ssttr - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ssttr.dllAfter you have fixed these items, close Hijackthis and Press any key to Force a reboot of your computer. Pressing any key will cause a "Blue Screen of Death" this is normal, do not worry! Once your machine reboots please continue with the instructions below. Then, please run this online virus scan: ActiveScan Copy the results of the ActiveScan and paste them here along with a new HijackThis log and the [b]vundofix.txt file from the vundofix folder into this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39193/i-have-another-computer-problem/
Relevancy 25.8%

In the long line of problems that my dad is having with his computer, this one has stumped me. He has an HP and when he turns it on, it shows the HP logo (with the F1 for Setup and such), then it goes straight to a blank screen with a cursor flashing. I'm thinking it's a boot sector problem (maybe even a virus). I just need to get him booted up so I can do some scans. Can anyone help me out with this one? I'm going to try my XP Boot disk, but I wanted to go ahead and post about it in case anyone had any ideas.

A:Another problem with my dad's computer

Using your Windows XP boot disk on an HP is not the best Idea since it is not the same OS that is on the computer at present. OEM's like HP, Compaq and others re-write the Windows XP install disks to match the particular model and processor in the computer and these recovery/restore disks are a bit proprietary. I would do a repair-install using the recovery/restore disks that come with the computer even if you have to call HP and order them. What you can do for now is remove the hard drive from this computer and install it as a slave drive on the secondary IDE cable and when the computer sees the drive you can manually backup all of the important data to another media like CD-R's, DVD or whatever media you prefer. Then after the recovery disks arrive you can do the repair-install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-problem-with-my-dads-computer.664525/
Relevancy 25.8%

My computer seems to spontaneously shut off, it's wierd, somedays I can turn it on just fine and then sometimes, when i turn it on, it blinks for a second as if its turning on, then it shuts off and the green light on the front stays lit up, so I usually hold down the power button til its off then flip the power switch on the back, then it turns on and runs fine...

Sometimes however, it keeps shutting off, even as its loading the bios, so i keep doing those steps..

this computer has been fine all year, but just couple days ago, this problem kept happening

help! Thanks

btw, i start my day off on my computer when its not really hot, so i doubt its a heating problem...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-computer-problem-currently-help-249148.html
Relevancy 25.8%

something seems wrong with my pc and i just cant figure out what i have done a scan with hijack this and would appreciate if someone could look at it to see if theres any problems many thanx in Problem Computer advanceO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet keeploaded nodetectO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Computer Problem Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run btbb wcm McciTrayApp C Program Files btbb wcm McciTrayApp exeO - HKLM Run YBrowser C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeO - HKLM Run YOP C PROGRA Yahoo Computer Problem YOP yop exe autostartO - HKLM Run SbUsb AudCtrl RunDll sbusbdll dll RCMonitorO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXEO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Computer Problem Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM RunServices DJSNetCN quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared DJSNETCN exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run BackupNotify c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin backupnotify exeO - HKCU Run SetDefaultMIDI MIDIDef exeO - HKCU Run Veoh quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe quot VeohHideO - HKCU Run CTSyncU exe quot C Program Files Creative Sync Manager Unicode CTSyncU exe quot O - HKCU Run Uniblue Registry Booster C Program Files Uniblue Registry Booster RegistryBooster exe SO - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Startup VirtualExpander lnk C WINDOWS system VirtualExpander VirtualExpander exeO - Global Startup BT Broadband Desktop Help lnk C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help bin matcli exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button BT Yahoo Services - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF Yahoo Poker - O - DPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC B QuickTime Object - http a g akamai net ex qtplugin cabO - DPF A F D- AFA- -A FD- BD Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cabO - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedC bin AvSniff cabO - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab Installation Support - C Program Files Yahoo Common Yinsthelper dllO - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http gfx mail live com mail w resources MSNPUpld cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedC n bin cabsa cabO - DPF B BE E -A C- D -A DC- MSN Games - Installer - http messenger zone msn com binary ZIntro cab cabO - DPF C F A B-B B - A -B - EE B MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary Messe nt cab cabO - DPF F A B-B C - C -A - A C B DD Minesweeper Flags Class - http ... Read more

Relevancy 25.8%

I'm on a Sager laptop desktop replacement (D900C Revision D)coming to you through safe mode with networking, since it freezes up while booting normally

I think my video card went bad (I got it around Christmas '08). I start it up and right off the bat the display is messed up displaying Sager. It did do some unusual beeping too.

It's an NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTX. Can this video card be replaced or am I out of luck?

A:Big Computer Problem

unusual beeping? can you be more precise? Beep codes point to the cause of the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/209917-big-computer-problem.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I have problem again with second computer Or I did not fix last time or it is new problem I cant work online with Problem again computer help please This is my log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Problem with computer again MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS Problem with computer again system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Vml YWxpeQAA command exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC WINDOWS mxxnsvc exeC Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC WINDOWS System wtwl exec windows system kzjqapz exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exeC Program Files Media Access MediaAccK exeC Program Files Media Access MediaAccess exeC WINDOWS dinst exeC DOCUME Vitaliy LOCALS Temp sysnet exeC WINDOWS fsmjdll EXEC WINDOWS juooenc EXEC Program Files Cas Client casclient exeC WINDOWS System dlltat exeC WINDOWS System r ndll exeC Documents and Settings Vitaliy Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www optonline net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dllO - BHO Bucket Class - -C - A F- - CB D DE C - C WINDOWS tct dllO - BHO CExtension Object - C E -DD - A D-ABCD- D D - C WINDOWS cfgmgr dllO - BHO Band Class - F D - - f -A - F AE C - C WINDOWS dsr dll file missing O - BHO LANBridge Class - D F- D- -AF -AD AE - C WINDOWS System hjxpamlb dllO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run cfgmgr RunDLL EXE C WINDOWS cfgmgr dll DllRunO - HKLM Run SurfSideKick C Program Files SurfSideKick Ssk exeO - HKLM Run Media Access C Program Files Media Access MediaAccK exeO - HKLM Run ttupt C WINDOWS ttupt exeO - HKLM Run System service C WINDOWS etb pokapoka exeO - HKLM Run KavSvc C WINDOWS System knjmnh exe reg runO - HKLM Run lanbrup C WINDOWS System lanbrup exeO - HKLM Run Dinst C WINDOWS dinst exeO - HKLM Run Sysnet C DOCUME Vitaliy LOCALS Temp sysnet exeO - HKLM Run fsmjdll C WINDOWS fsmjdll EXEO - HKLM Run juooenc C WINDOWS juooenc EXEO - HKLM Run mktjrh c windows system kzjqapz exe rO - HKCU Run AIM C PROGRA AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run CAS Client quot C Program Files Cas Client casclient exe quot O - HKCU Run ClientStubInstall quot C temp stubinstaller exe quot O - HKCU Run ho tRjbEW dlltat exeO - HKCU Run Loezgvf C WINDOWS System r ndll exeO - HKCU Run SurfSideKick C Program Files SurfSideKick Ssk exeO - HKCU Run CMAPP quot C Program Files CMAPP Client cmappclient exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeO - Global Startup dpkt exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C PROGRA AIM aim exeO - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cabO - DPF E D - DF- D - B A- C C A DjVuCtl Class - http www lizardtech com download files w ntrol en US cabO - DPF AD -CDB - E -A DA- EE E BAD - ms-its mhtml file c nosunel mht http daemonlinks net script lc chm bridge-c cabO - DPF F C BA- F- C -B E -ECFD EED Installer Class - ms-its mhtml file c snetextysa mht http adextension com ext ysa chm ysb regular cabO - DPF E D DE - - -A - DFAD A D MessengerStatsClient Class - h... Read more

A:Problem with computer again

Hello val777 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. This is pretty heavily infected but I don't think we are even seeing all of it. Let's use a different scanner and see what it shows us.Download WinPFind.zip and unzip the contents to the C:\ folder.Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Locate the c:\winpfind\winpfind.exe file and double-click it to run it. Now click the Start Scan button to begin the scan.When the scan is complete reboot normally and post the WinPFind.txt file (located in the WinPFind folder) back here along with a new HijackThis log and I will review the information when it comes in.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27314/problem-with-computer-again/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello, I'm trying to fix my friends computer and I'm having a problem. She said she was having problem connecting to the internet, so I checked it out. The icon on the notification bar had a X on the internet icon. I tried repairing it, but it said, Service Control Manager is disabled, so it told me push this screen to go into Service Control manager to start the service, so I did, but it could not start it. I forgot the errors, sorry.

The computer freezes each time I try to run a antivirus, or spyware, malware program. So i'm not sure if its infected, but I suspect it is. Alot of things are disable and I can't really do anything with the computer.
I noticed a program on the screen called Webfetti.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello,I have pasted in the content from your post above into your HiJack This topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267198/hijackthis-log-please-help-diagnose/Because you have a log posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.Please be patient. It may take several days, up to two weeks perhaps less, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267168/computer-problem/
Relevancy 25.8%

The problem I am having is out of no where I keep on getting this bluescreen talking about a problem has been detected and it have to shut down When it did it will try to reboot but Serious problem Computer it will make this beeping sound The beeping sound will Serious Computer problem last for a few sec then it will finally reboot But the problem will keep occurring I Serious Computer problem keep getting the bluescreen in different time like minute I log on or hours after I log on Now my computer will get the bluescreen and shut down and reboot but the OS will not work I press the on button to shut it and turn it on again but there nothing but a blank screen and nothing but a fan sound This started when I install Window Live When this was starting to happen I use system restore and it for some weird reason uninstall Window Live This is what window make out of this Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP C BCP E D BCP B F BD BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users James AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users James AppData Local Temp WERC D tmp version txt Read our privacy statement http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP A C BCP BCP B A F BCP B A F OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users James AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users James AppData Local Temp WERDE E tmp version txt Read our privacy statement http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x What can I do to fix this

A:Serious Computer problem

Hello.

Follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html

It will provide us with more information on the problem.

EDIT: I see that you're on the original Vista installation, with no service packs installed. Download and install SP1: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Immediately after, do the same for SP2: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...itThrHitBSkQIA

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/serious-computer-problem-422077.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I need help my computer has some type of virus i believe malware but when i cut on my computer it goes to the desktop but after that my desktop completely disappears!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-problem.901806/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have just typed a message only to have my computer mysteriously erase it after all of my work and with how my computer is acting right now it is awfully hard to type a thought Ever since visiting with Serious - Computer Help Problem a Lyrics site that I found doing a google search my computer Help - Serious Problem with Computer has been acting Very strange I ran an AdAware and Spybot and then did a Hijack this which came up with the following Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Help - Serious Problem with Computer XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes F WINDOWS System smss exe F WINDOWS system winlogon exe F WINDOWS system services exe F WINDOWS system lsass exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F WINDOWS Explorer EXE F WINDOWS system spoolsv exe F Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Avsynmgr exe F Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan VsStat exe F Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Vshwin exe F Program Files Common Files Network Associates McShield Mcshield exe F Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Avconsol exe F Program Files McAfee Help - Serious Problem with Computer McAfee VirusScan Webscanx exe F WINDOWS System devldr exe F WINDOWS System PELMICED EXE F Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe F Program Files QuickTime qttask exe F Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan alogserv exe F Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe F Program Files McAfee QuickClean Plguni exe F Program Files Common files updater wupdater exe F Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Instant Updater RuLaunch exe F PROGRA AIM aim exe F PROGRA THEWEA The Weather Channel exe F Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe F QUICKENW QWDLLS EXE F Program Files Webshots WebshotsTray exe F WINDOWS System Leg RBZ exe F WINDOWS System Saw F exe F Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Documents and Settings All Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Hosts search netscape com sitefinder verisign com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - F Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - f windows googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - F WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f windows googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run Mouse Suite Daemon PELMICED EXE O - HKLM Run IntelliType quot F Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot F Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run RealTray F Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run Alogserv F Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan alogserv exe O - HKLM Run McAfee Guardian quot F Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe quot SU O - HKLM Run Imonitor quot F Program Files McAfee QuickClean Plguni exe quot START O - HKLM Run NeroCheck F WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run CJM F WINDOWS CJM exe O - HKLM Run ANL MA JLBF F WINDOWS System Nbmqsh exe O - HKLM Run updater F Program Files Common files updater wupdater exe O - HKCU Run McAfee InstantUpdate Monitor quot F Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Instant Updater RuLaunch exe quot startmonitor O - HKCU Run AIM F PROGRA AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Desktop Weather F PROGRA THEWEA The Weather Channel exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot F Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Startup Webshots lnk F Program Files Webshots WebshotsTray exe O - Global Startup Billmin... Read more

Relevancy 25.8%

When I turn my computer and get a DELL logo splash, I get this message right after it:
"NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"
This happened to me when I installed Kazaa, which I extremely regret doing now. Half (literally) of my files were also gone when I came back to my computer the next morning... (Mainly the programs not the documents) and I was asked to insert the Windows CD and there was something about a Service Pack...

Please tell me if there's any way I can log on to my computer again, and at least get some of my files transferred on a CD before formatting the whole computer.

I'll check back tomorrow, since I'm out of time in the library.

A:Can't Get To My Computer (serious Problem)

You could try doing a System Restore.Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Systems Restore. Choose a date that is highlighted,or a date before you installed Kazaa.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76893/cant-get-to-my-computer-serious-problem/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a problem with my desktop I built a couple years ago. It will run for a good five minutes then freeze entirely or just shut off and restart. Sometimes I get an error saying there is a critical error in windows and it had to shut down, mainly in a dmp. file and a system data file. Let me know what you think. I also have a two year old HP laptop that when I turn on it just beeps loudly and won't power up. Any help would be appreciated. Im running xp on both.

can you get into safe mode without those problems occurring.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-problem-302650.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I just build my computer but a problem occured. When I power it on the fans go then after 1 sec the computer immediately shuts down. Why is this happening?

My specs.

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V LX Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY

CPU
INTEL CORE I5 3570K 3.4GHZ 6MB S-1155 IVY

GPU
GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 650 TI BOOST OC 2GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP

PSU
CORSAIR AX850

RAM
CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 DOMINATOR DHX+1600MHZ CL9 (2X4GB)

HDD
WD BLACK 3.5" 1TB 7200RPM SATA/600 64MB

A:New computer = new problem

Check all your connections, Make sure your memory is seated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-new-problem.194997/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am having excessive pop-ups error messages problem shutting down amp turning on my computer I have a Dell computer with Mcafee Virus Protector but it fails to find the problem Please help me fix this problem Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS Computer Problem system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System Computer Problem svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech Bluetooth LBTSERV EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files SetPoint LBTWiz exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files SierraHome Hallmark Card Studio Special Edition Planner PLNRNote exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology ELService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system dlcccoms exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAntiPhishingBHO - C E- F E- D C- F-F BD D CF - c PROGRA mcafee msk mcapbho dll O - BHO TVEngine Helper - B DD -C - fc-AC - FECFF ED - c program files hbtools hbtv hbtvhelper dll file missing O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run Logitech BT Wizard LBTWiz exe -silent O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-problem.767517/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have windows XP service pack I am not sure if i computer with Help problem have a virus Help with computer problem or some sort of spyware on my computer If i hit control alt delete the task manager shows up monmetarily but then automatically closes msconfig also closes too quickly to use when i open it I tired running mcaffe virus scan search bot and adaware search bot which finds quot dso exploit quot When i tell it to fix it it says ok but finds the problem again the next time it looks Adaware finds a quot regvalue quot called Alexa that also wont seem to go away Thanks in advance for any help I ran hackthis here is the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Help with computer problem WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGUARD EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet admin exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXE C WINDOWS system cisvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFSER EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Help with computer problem WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFTRAY EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system BSPLAYER EXE C Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFAGENT EXE C Program Files America Online b waol exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLHOS EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files America Online b shellmon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Documents and Settings User My Documents My Shared Folder HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run Pure Networks Port Magic quot C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe quot -Run O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Comp... Read more

Relevancy 25.8%

Hey everyone! I hope someone can help with this. I recently aquired a used computer. It came from an apartment complex that has a computer room where residents can get the internet and use other programs. My problem is it will only allow me in on the tenant side. I have no admin. privileges. When I asked the manager about how to get admin rights she said the computer had been a replaced by new ones a long time ago and she didn't know how to get the rights. It runs NT4 and it will not allow me to update, install a printer, format or anything. I've taken out the CMOS battery and put it back in, allowing me to get in without a password, but only on the tenants logon. Is there a way of getting the rights through the registry or command prompt?
Thanks!

Relevancy 25.8%

Dear freinds I am new to this forum and posting the log of hijackthis My computer running dead slow and i dont know the reason Please helpLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP there a problem to help with my computer if Please is see WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exeC Windows system Macromed Please help to see if there is a problem with my computer Flash FlashUtil d exeC Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exeC Windows system spool DRIVERS W X lxctjswx exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXEC Please help to see if there is a problem with my computer Program Files Common Files Nero Nero ProductInstaller ipclog exeC Users siri AppData Local Temp nro tmp SetupX exeC Windows system Taskmgr exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar PreserveR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Please help to see if there is a problem with my computer Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO no name - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windo... Read more

A:Please help to see if there is a problem with my computer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298022/please-help-to-see-if-there-is-a-problem-with-my-computer/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi. I'm running Windows XP. Until today all was fine but I've just been attempting to access My Computer and instead of showing the normal drives it just shows the search animation - it doesn't display any icons at all! Help! All the other icons on my desktop and in my start menu seem to work.

Relevancy 25.8%

Hello i got a computer froma friend that he didnt want and when i turn it on the screen is on standby and the computer keeps on beeping.

What does it mean?

Relevancy 25.8%

Hi there, is anyone got the same problem than me ???

i just bought Call of Duty the 23 dec 2004
i tried to installed it and it went pretty well
th hic is when i try to play single player it alway's say
that he can't find the right CD ,,, jesus i got only 2
disk 1 and 2 trie3d both and it won't sart ???

I did a restore from my system, deactivate Norton anti virus
installed it from my other cd but still the same problem ???

Any clues ???

I even tried the nocd patch version 1.5 because i did update this game...

Wondering if i should send it back to the retailler '????

need help soon ....

Thanks

Katanga

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cds-of-my-computer.18455/
Relevancy 25.8%

RogueKiller V x Mar by Tigzy mail tigzyRK lt at gt gmail lt dot gt com Feedback http www geekstogo com forum files file -roguekiller Website http tigzy geekstogo com roguekiller php Blog http tigzyrk blogspot com Operating System Windows Service Pack bits version Started in Normal mode Problem computer my in User jim and melissa Admin rights Mode Scan -- Date ARK FAK MBR Bad processes SUSP PATH internetHelper antiphishing exe -- Problem in my computer C ProgramData Internet Helper Anti-phishing internetHelper antiphishing exe - gt KILLED TermProc Registry Entries RUN SUSP PATH HKLM Wow Node Run Internet Helper Anti-phishing quot C ProgramData Internet Helper Anti-phishing internetHelper antiphishing exe quot - gt FOUND TASK SUSP PATH TidyNetwork Update C Users jim Problem in my computer and melissa AppData Local TidyNetwork com tidy update exe x - gt FOUND TASK SUSP PATH Updater exe C Users Problem in my computer jim and melissa AppData Local Updater Updater exe extensionid extensionname quot Coupon Companion Plugin quot chromeid jneaojaoiajhnemidnjhoempalnidbhj - - gt FOUND DNS HKLM ControlSet Services Tcpip Interfaces F C - D- F-A - A F B NameServer - gt FOUND DNS HKLM ControlSet Services Tcpip Interfaces F C - D- F-A - A F B NameServer - gt FOUND HJ DESK HKCU ClassicStartMenu D FE - AEA- -A D - B D - gt FOUND HJ DESK HKCU NewStartPanel D FE - AEA- -A D - B D - gt FOUND HJ DESK HKCU ClassicStartMenu FF - - B- F - AA F E - gt FOUND HJ DESK HKCU NewStartPanel FF - - B- F - AA F E - gt FOUND HJ DESK HKLM NewStartPanel a - f - a - c - fe b ee - gt FOUND HJ DESK HKLM NewStartPanel D FE - AEA- -A D - B D - gt FOUND Particular Files Folders Driver NOT LOADED HOSTS File -- gt C Windows system drivers etc hosts MBR Check PhysicalDrive SAMSUNG HM JI --- User --- MBR b b a a dd d d e BSP dea defa a cc b c b ee f Windows Vista MBR Code Partition table - XXXXXX DELL-UTIL xde VISIBLE Offset sectors Size Mo - ACTIVE NTFS x VISIBLE Offset sectors Size Mo - XXXXXX NTFS x VISIBLE Offset sectors Size Mo User LL OK User LL OK Finished lt lt RKreport S d txt gt gt RKreport S d txt For my cleaning I m using AVG Internet Security nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop computer with WIN XP Home OS. I have Windows Media Player and WIN DVD Player to play DVD's on my system. Whenever I play DVD's that have been burned/copied from the original DVD, sooner or later the movie locks up as opposed to playing the original copies that will play straight through without any problems. I always make sure that the burned copies are scratch/dust/smudge free and I regularly ensure that my laser lens is cleaned using a commercial laser lens cleaner as well as clean out my CD/DVD tray and compartment with compressed air. Is there anything that I can do to make my burned DVDs play without any problems?

A:Computer DVD Problem

Due to the copyright questions surrounding such "burned" copies we are unable to offer any support for this type of issue. The thread will have to be closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-dvd-problem.261080/
Relevancy 25.8%

The Processor is a mobile AMD sempron 3300+ it is 2.0ghz stock but it droped to 797.7mhz and sometimes jumps back up to 1595.3mhz
The computer is a xp compaq presario v5000
Media Center 2005 edition
its Also losing volts stock originally its was a 1.65v now its 1.075v
help please

Relevancy 25.8%

My computer will barely load up the internet and then will not move from the home page It is very very slow I can use WordPerfect and a couple of other programs It seems to be the web that is the problem I tried to download some new spydoctor software to remove any spyware but it will not load up from the CD I have run the programs that were on my Computer Problem computer to remove any problems These software packages are not up to date sorry I could probably get a Hijack Log but I would have to bring it to work to attach it to you Someone has suggested to me to Computer Problem restore the computer but my kids have ipods and I hate to wipe out the music database from them Is there anything you can do to help me with this I am sorry if this isn t in the right location Thanks so much for anything you can offer

It does sound like your computer is exhibiting signs of being infected. It may be too late to try to install software to remove the infection, depending on what it is. Of course, I don't know if this is true in your case, but sometimes kids download music from sites that send them infections. Or, they get music from their freinds that is infected because of where the friend got the music from. At least that is a main source of infection.Once you get one piece of malicious software on the computer, then you usually get several more until the computer barely works anymore as all of the resources are eaten up by a lot of crummy software running on your computer, and it no longer will do the work that you bought the computer to do in the first place.Your options are: Back up all of your data and then wipe out the hard drive and reinstall windows.Or, you can get help from the folks in the High Jack This forum for help in removing the infections, or at least in diagnosing what infections you have.Please let us know if you decide to wipe out the data on the hard drive (btw, formatting is not enough!) and we can walk you through this step by step.Or, for help with removing your infection I would like to refer you to the Highjack This (HJT) forum here at BleepingComputer.com: First: Read the Preparation Guide found HERE. It is very important that you follow ALL of the instructions found within. (There are many important steps in this guide that may clean your computer.) Second: Post your system information along with a brief description of the problems you are having, and your HJT log in the HJT forum found HERE.NOTE: Please, after you post your HJT log DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post there will be 1 reply. The team member glancing over the replies might think someone is already helping you out and will not respond. So, just make your post and let it sit there until a team member responds. The volunteers who work that forum are very busy, so please be patient and wait for a response. It can sometimes take a few days.Third: If, after finishing your work with the folks at the HJT forum you have issues with XP related to the removal of the infection, then come back in here and let us help you get your computer back to normal.You are in good hands! Good luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46383/computer-problem/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I seem to have new problems on my computer I can't get my antispyware to update or scan and I cannot restore my system computer on problem New my to a previous date The New problem on my computer antivirus caught two intrusions but I feel there might be something else lurking in there because my internet explorer keeps being redirected to annoying ads whenever I research something Well without further words here are the reports of the scans as per your instructions like last time DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Shawnee at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Shawnee Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE L LB XOR dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www saveswatts com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot c program files outlook express msimn exe quot mailurl mailto weathersnapshot Atv ca subject Weather Snapshot amp body Enter a description and don't forget to attach your photo BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB EE AC E -B B - EC - A -BCA A AB - No File uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun OpwareSE quot c program files scansoft omnipagese OpwareSE exe quot mRun OPSE reminder quot c program files scansoft omnipagese eregeng ereg exe quot -r quot c program files scansoft omnipagese eregeng ereg ini quot mRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot mRun avgnt quot c program files avira antivir desktop avgnt exe quot min mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot StartupFolder c docume shawnee startm programs startup onenot lnk - c program files microsoft office office ONENOTEM EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adober lnk - c program files ... Read more

A:New problem on my computer

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

I seem to have new problems on my computer

tetonbob left you with a clean computer just three short weeks ago. Someone with access to this machine needs to be schooled on safe and proper surfing/downloading habits.

As you read in our:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

Also be advised:

It is not our intent to repeatedly remove malware from the same member's machines. The intent of this free service performed by volunteers is to help remove malware from your machine, educate you on how it may have happened, and how to prevent that from happening again. To this end, we provide links to articles and tools which should make your visit to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help section of TSF a one time event. Please do enjoy the rest of Tech Support Forum as many times as you like!

It also appears you didn't uninstall ComboFix as instructed by tetonbob in his closing speech.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan/rootkit.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please refer to Microsoft's Online Safety article for tips on creating a strong password.

Do not change passwords or do any transactions from the infected computer until it has been cleaned.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please delete ComboFix from your desktop.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/new-problem-on-my-computer-514366.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Problem Computer Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exeC Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeD Program Files bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeD Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC Computer Problem Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exeD PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exeC Program Files Scansoft PaperPort SmartUI SmartUI exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exeC WINDOWS system QTRAYIME EXEC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosOBEX exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosBtProc exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeD Program Files Safari Safari exeC WINDOWS system conime exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Documents and Settings Martin HiJackThis exeO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files FlashGet getflash dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKLM Run Flashget quot C Program Files FlashGet FlashGet exe quot minO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgentO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAEP EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe autoO - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exeO - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exeO - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort IndexSearch exeO - HKLM Run SetDefPrt C Program Files Brother BRMFLPRO BrDefPrt exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot D Program Files iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run DaemonTools WhenUSave Installer C Program Files DaemonTools WhenUSave Installer DaemonTools WhenUSave Installer exeO - HKLM Run UVS Preload D Program Files uvPL exeO - HKLM ... Read more

Hello vladimir clementi,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer

Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks,
tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/144743/computer-problem/