Windows Support Forum

Router problem with 5ghz

Q: Router problem with 5ghz

Hello let me explain my situation We live in an apartment complex and there are desktops that connect to the router On an evening we were experiencing extreme lag which we determined was due to traffic on the channels We bought a router that can use ghz and also new compatible adaptors Installed it worked just fine on ghz for a day Then the signal took a dump and ping was between and thousands on all pcs Rebooted the router after reading forums and seeing this as a common issue until reboot and it was fine again Signal took a dive again a day later rebooted again This time only of problem with 5ghz Router the pcs were getting the speed and the other one was barely getting any no more than gb s Rebooted that PC was Router problem with 5ghz fine the Router problem with 5ghz other were under gb s Rebooted and they all switched order again Finally got all working again just for a day until the signal took a dump now I cant get more than PC the same one this time every reboot at max speed Switched them onto the ghz works fine Back to ghz nope nothing clinging to connection for its life on of the PCs All are using identicle adapters feet from router no walls and are set up identicle Channel is on auto as is the frequency have tried mhz mhz and a variety of channels Does anyone have any idea Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Router problem with 5ghz

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Router problem with 5ghz

Make and model of router? How are you accessing the internet, I.e. cable, FIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-problem-with-5ghz.216201/
Relevancy 69.23%

My question is I have a computer with 5ghz), windows router Computer has recognize 7 won't 5ghz (computer ghz as well as ghz my router is a dual band and ghz wireless n and no matter what I do my computer will not recognize the ghz network Background info I have read through many forums and Computer won't recognize 5ghz router (computer has 5ghz), windows 7 tried many different solutions none of which seem to work My computer is weeks old hp I have gone into device manager and clicked on the network card properties and advanced tab to discover my computer does support both ghz and ghz as well both are enabled My router is the wrt n linksys dual band N wireless router I have tried every setting possible with that router including mixed n only a only or all different widths and no matter what combination my computer will only pick up the ghz Both drivers software for my computer and router are up to date with the lastest I have also tried close to and far away distance and range are not issues either It's becoming a major issue not having both bands working because we having gaming equiptment that when somebody is playing it kicks the other person off of the internet entirely I am at a loss here on what to do please help

A:Computer won't recognize 5ghz router (computer has 5ghz), windows 7

Go into your cards'
'Computer management' > 'Device Manager' > right click on your wireless card > 'properties' menu > 'advanced'

Check that 2.4/5ghz is set up for your correct country band! (UK = 1-13)

To turn on Dual band wireless 'n'
My linksys 2.4/5 pci card has a menu item called "Multimedia Gaming environment" > 'enable'

This enables dual band - top speed @ 300!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103776-computer-wont-recognize-5ghz-router-computer-has-5ghz-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Can laptops with g cards pick up 5ghz freq.? I have a Sony Vaio but i have another laptop which is a toshiba??? any help?

A:5ghz router

AFAIK WiFi operates in the 2.4Ghz band...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/44170-5ghz-router.html
Relevancy 62.35%

SO I picked up a new router thinking it was simultaneous dual band, turns out it is just single band. so either or. My question is, is it possible to leave the ADSL+ modem wireless on @ 2.4ghz and have the router wireless @5ghz?

Relevancy 61.49%

I have a router on one side of my house that is broadcasting 2.4GHz. I have an extender on the other side of the house that is connected to the router with 2.4GHz, but it is broadcasting 5GHz. Both the router and the extender have the same SSID and password. Is this a suitable setup if I want to roam the house on the same network?

Thanks for the help!

A:5GHz Extender with 2.4GHz Router

I actually just disabled 5GHz completly around the house and both the router and the extender are on 2.4 and have the same SSID and password. Is there anything else I need to do to make roaming the house a smooth process?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5ghz-extender-with-2-4ghz-router.1083043/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

I have 4 apple devices in house. 3 on 5ghz connected to access point, and 1 on 2.4ghz.
its a belkin router, model N10117.

the belkin router is connected to a virgin router.
thier is a setting on the belkin router, which allows you to use it as an 'access point'.

all 4 devices can connect perfectly. and use programs like 'VLC remote' perfectly.

but when it comes to itunes on the pc, after setting all the apropriate settings on itunes,
itunes is unable to see all 4 devices for 'wireless syncing'.

ive come to a hault, and stuck :/
many thanks in advance,
stuart

A:Router 5ghz and 2.4ghz not see apple devices?

as etc info -

I have virgin router 4 lan ports - port 4 is connected belkin N10117 router, and setting is set too 'act as access point'.

PC is connected to virgin router via LAN...

is it something to do with the IP address maybe?

stuart

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283487-router-5ghz-2-4ghz-not-see-apple-devices.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Until recently I used the 2.4GHZ band for my pc and my son used 5GHZ for his laptop on our D-link router.
A couple of weeks ago our provider installed a new Cisco modem/router-in-one (the old modem didn't work any more). We use the D-link as a second router. The 2.5Ghz band is no problem but my son doesn't get internet access with 5Ghz although if I log into the router I don't see anything wrong. Any help would be welcome.

A:No internet access on 5Ghz band with Dlink router

can we see an xirrus screen shot - the d-link is still broadcasting both signals
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.
Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-on-5ghz-band-with-dlink-router.1091680/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone I have a Linksys AE Wireless USB adapter in my Laptop and it is Ghz enabled When I first got my laptop it had Windows on it but before I did anything I reformatted it to Windows Under Windows this wireless adapter connected to my Ghz SSID on my router the and Ghz SSIDs are different from one another Wireless not 5Ghz 5Ghz adapter does networks detect anymor on my router 5Ghz Wireless adapter does not detect 5Ghz networks anymor just fine and I was getting Mb s speed over Wi-Fi Then I upgraded laptop to Windows where adapter only detects my Ghz SSID and now I only get Mb s over Wi-Fi What do I do I have tried reinstalling driver using Win compatibility mode drivers installing manually without GUI I have made sure internal card is fully disabled etc etc My specs are as follows Intel Core TM i - QM Quad-core mobile CPU GB DDR RAM Intel HD Graphics AMD Radeon M GPU GB Samsung Evo GB SSD HP ENVY Pavilion m Internal Wi-Fi card - Intel Wireless-N External USB Wi-Fi - Linksys AE Router - Netgear R Internet Connection - Mb s down Mb s up Thanks

A:5Ghz Wireless adapter does not detect 5Ghz networks anymor

Here's a trick where somebody downloaded a Cisco driver to get it working in 8.1:

AE6000 No Longer works with Windows 8.1 - Linksys Community

Hope this helps you get it working!
Good luck,

my2censt

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41544-5ghz-wireless-adapter-does-not-detect-5ghz-networks-anymor.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello

I recently got the newest NETGEAR router device, the NETGEAR Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Smart WiFi Router, and I am unable to connect to the 5GHz WiFi it provides on its Tri-band WiFi. I am currently only on its 2.4GHz WIFI, which I assume is lesser than the 5G. I am able to connect to the 5GHz on my smart phone, so I know it exists from the router. I am running a windows 8.1 currently on a desktop on an HP Envy 700-213 Desktop PC.

Edit: My computer supports 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n radio types - which supports 5GHz WiFi
My adapter is a Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Any ideas for why I am unable to connect to this WiFi?

A:Unable to connect to 5GHz Wifi on NETGEAR Tri-Band Router

The most likely explanation is that the wifi adapter in your HP Envy 700-213 doesn't support the 5Ghz band.

If you really want to connect at 5Ghz you will need to get a new wifi adapter for your computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/71352-unable-connect-5ghz-wifi-netgear-tri-band-router.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I thought I had a double NAT problem online somewhere it said go into Bridge and Cisco and (2.4GHz) ASUS ISP Cable Router 5GHz) (2.4GHz Mode CSR said the ISP router is already in that mode I have a cable router as my ISP hooked ISP Cisco Cable Router (2.4GHz) and ASUS (2.4GHz and 5GHz) up to a ASUS router GHz and GHz for the house Have devices on the ASUS On the Cisco ISP router I got my Desktop computer in port running to ISP Cisco Cable Router (2.4GHz) and ASUS (2.4GHz and 5GHz) my Ethernet port on the back of my computer and ASUS in port which goes to the blue input port on the ASUS I turned off the WiFi on the Cisco router The question I have is how can I log into my ASUS router when hard-wired into port on the CISCO router CISCO is - ASUS is using port one Computer is using port two ASUS is - Can only access this router when connected to it via WiFi Well I am connected to both now - the WiFi on the ASUS and hardwired to the CISCO I have both routers open ASUS and Cisco This problem seems to be artificially solved ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An other issue - I am trying to use ASUS AiCloud and USB Application I want to be able to access this computer anywhere in the world with an internet connection Basically in USB Application under AiDisk Share files in the USB disk through the Internet - I cant get past setting up a DDNS and receiving a quot asuscomm com quot link to access the computer It says Invalid IP address From my internet searches I thought this had to do with a Double NAT problem the solution was to go into Bridge Mode on Cisco My ISP CSR says Cisco router is already in Bridge Mode Do I have a double NAT problem WAN - DDNS DDNS Dynamic Domain Name System is a service that allows network clients to connect to the wireless router even with a dynamic public IP address through its registered domain name The wireless router is embedded with the ASUS DDNS service and other DDNS services If you cannot use ASUS DDNS services please go to nslookup for asuscomm com to reach your internet IP address to use this service The wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address This router may be in the multiple-NAT environment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment Seems to be the issue right there The ASUS router needs to see the internet and it cant behind the CISCO router

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/304408-isp-cisco-cable-router-2-4ghz-asus-2-4ghz-5ghz.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I have a 2.4ghz working issue: 5ghz not working, router Solved: netgear WNDR nar router dual band ghz and ghz I set up connections On the ghz I set up a WEP connection with bit encryption for my wireless repeater WNR On the ghz i set up WPA for regular use Unfortunately my computer does not support ghz or atleast i dont think it does My samsung tv picks up the ghz so I connected to that the macbook pro connects to the ghz The other computer I want on the ghz with the repeater Hardlined via ethernet anything and everything works For some reason ghz wont connect wirelessly and does not even give me the option to enter the hex key just says unable to connect the doesn t work on anything currently the repeater is offline until I can fix this issue Infact ignore the repeater info I think there is a problem with the distribution of the IP addresses Could they be overlapping between the and the The next item on the network tv using ghz occupies sequence under the ip address whatever the default Solved: router issue: 2.4ghz not working, 5ghz working is it would occupy I have reformatted my computer uninstalled and reinstalled network drivers as much as I could do with the computer itself so I m assuming it is the router I ve disconnected it and reconnected it reset it redone the whole network multiple times renewed the IP address What is going on Can anyone help me please nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello!  I have an issue with CPU speed. My laptop always start up with 3.5GHz speed running, when i'm doing a restart or turning on my laptop. Normally my laptop run on 1.8GHz of maximum 2.5GHz. ? I'm already updated my BIOS to V3.03Power option: "High performance".Also i'm using "Conservation mode" with plugged in AC adapter. Any idea how set my laptop to start with 1.8GHz instead of 3.5GHz ? My lenovo laptop: Lenovo Y50-70Processor: Intel® Core? i7-4710H Q Quad Core (2.5 GHz, Intel Haswell Architecture, Features Intel Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz)RAM : 16GB (DDR3 1600MHz)GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 4GB GDDR5HD: Hybrid 1TB (5400RPM) Sata + (SSHD 8GB)

A:Lenovo Y50-70 CPU 3.5GHz SPEED PROBLEM

Hi Shakozz,

Please check in safe mode if still issue persist or not.

Start -> type this in Search Box -> COMMAND find at top and RIGHT CLICK - RUN AS ADMINEnter this at the prompt - sfc /scannow

Let us know how you get on.
Regards,
Shashi

Tap that Kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-CPU-3-5GHz-SPEED-PROBLEM/td-p/3308439
Relevancy 42.14%

I was trying to make my sister-in-law s wireless connection secure they ve had wireless set up for awhile unsecured and all seemed to go well until router, laptop problem connect Wireless refuses router - finds to magically it didn t It allowed Wireless router problem - laptop finds router, refuses to connect me to set up a password -WPA Personal it was fine other devices ipod Touch and another laptop connected to the network by putting in the right key HOWEVER the original laptop now wants no part of connecting to this network It finds the network but doesn t even let me get to a stage at which I need to enter the WPA key It automatically says it can t connect and is very useless when I hit quot Diagnose the problem quot I am only marginally less clueless than the people that asked for my help so please don t get too technical on me I have spent hours trying to figure out what the problem is and though I know it s obviously something with the computer s setting I don t know what that is When I go to the Network and Sharing Center rather than being a three-way quot map quot it s two - the computer then the internet There is nothing ie router in between I have no idea how to get that step back in there I have connected the router to the laptop directly and an internet connection does come up so it isn t an ISP issue The wireless does work with the devices mentioned above as well as my own laptop just not the central laptop I understand it may be a TCP IP issue or something like that but I don t know what to look for and even if I did I wouldn t know how to remedy the situation anyway Thanks in advance and I apologise for my complete ignorance I have included the information below if it s of any help The router is a Philips SNB If possible phrase any replies in complete idiot-speak because I have really overextended myself in trying to do this given my inability to be remotely tech-y My husband s family may ex-communicate me after this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name lewis-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - -A - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e b a f b a b a Pref erred Site-local IPv Address fec b a f b a b a Preferred Temporary IPv Address e b dee b ff e dc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a f b a b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- B-B - - - B- - F-CA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B- - F-CA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C F - - D - FA - F C br D B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BA AEE- - CAC- D C-DD F F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a d ff a e aded b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ff a e aded b Preferred Default Gat... Read more

A:Wireless router problem - laptop finds router, refuses to connect

That IPCONFIG shows a direct connection to a broadband modem. If that's when you're connected to the router, something is amiss.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-problem-laptop-finds-router-refuses-to-connect.888677/
Relevancy 41.71%

I know there is a buttload of bad stuff on my computer but I need a quick fix for my problem now My router modem work fine They're connected to my computer and VOIP and they work perfectly The problem is the internet does but computer does works, router. internet Router problem, not detect not register this and thus doesn't work on other PCs In other words I can't get my laptop to recognize my router When I start up network connections I get this message runtime error program program files microsoft broadband msbnutil exe this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the application's support team for more information Router problem, internet works, but computer does not detect router. The original message was quot broadband error quot or somethign like Router problem, internet works, but computer does not detect router. that so I did a week old system restore No good So I figure there's a problem on my computer Also I tested the connection thoroughly and I reset them and junk but still I got nothing Router problem, internet works, but computer does not detect router. Here thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System VTTimer exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system ps exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop SetPoint KEM exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop SetPoint KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNTray exe C Program Files Paltalk Messenger palstart exe C Program Files WiFiConnector NintendoWFCReg exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files BHODemon BHODemon exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNUtil exe C Documents and Settings Ujjayini B My Documents My Pictures FRIENDS HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Mai... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/router-problem-internet-works-but-computer-does-not-detect-router-160972.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all,
how I switch wi-fi 2,5 GHz to 5 GHz? My wi-fi is working, but I can't switch. What drivers do I need? I have win7 build 7100 x86, intel WiFi Link 4965AGN.

A:wi-fi 2,5/5GHz

soga

The speed will be the same ( its a 802.11n) should be quick but here is the users guide in case

http://download.intel.com/network/co...User_Guide.pdf

Good luck

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/12094-wi-fi-2-5-5ghz.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Evening,
My home network use to consist of 3 comps all running XP Pro and a Vonage router. With the addition of a 4th comp, I have had to use a port on the back of the RTP 300 for one comp. The four others ( 3 comps and the Vonage router )are connected to my Linksys WRT54GL. and I have no problems sharing files and printers. The one comp connected to the Vonage router will not allow file sharing or show up in Network Connections although it has no trouble accessing the net. Is there a setting in the Linksys router that I have to change to allow this one comp to share? I can't access the RTP 300 to make changes as it is locked. I have made sure all the comps are using the same work group and all file and printer settings are set the same on all comps. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 41.28%

i have recently purchased a dlink d850l which supports dual band.
my laptop cannot find the 5ghz wifi signal, how can i fix this?
my laptop is asus k53sv
os windows 8.1 update 1
wireless adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG

A:5ghz not recognized

Hi Jamos,
goto device manger>AtherosWifi>Right click>properties>Advanced.
This should show a chioce
Both
2.4Mh5
5 Mhz

best to select both.

Roy

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47989-5ghz-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello all Recently I have gotten new internet and upgraded from my sad excuse of a provider ANYWAYS Our modem router with Help my 5ghz network :( is dual band and my wireless adapter that I use for my computer is dual band enabled Usually I wouldn t worry about it but with everyone at home streaming netflix phones games all at once our internet goes to crap On break today I was messing with the ghz I have tried both types of security keys and am enterting them right but my computer wont connect to the ghz it just says problem and doesnt list anything BUT if i take a code off the ghz all together my computer connects no problems and flys with speed So is there something I need to Help with my 5ghz network :( do to allow my PC to connect to the ghz with a key I mean I am typing it in correct Hell I even changed the code to something easier to see if that would work HELP nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

My lovely ISP has decided to swap out all the costumers old normal Question about using 5Ghz AP modems for these new modem router hybrids basically a modem with router capability Question about using 5Ghz AP I got the TC Question about using 5Ghz AP Technicolor model I use the Ghz Wifi on it for my newer network devices ie Ipad etc etc but the signal on this TC is horrid so I was thinking of upgrading my access point which is a D-Link Dir- mode only to a newer dualband Ghz capable one Now my question is will the access point work with the Ghz just like it does with the now The way I have it set up is Coaxial- gt Hybrid TC with ghz wifi turned on ghz turned off - gt access point with ghz turned on Sadly the old Dir- only does and I want to boost my Ghz around the house Yes I know the Ghz isn't as good when it comes to reach as for now but that's another story Anywho would this work Would the access point accept the ghz wifi range since my TC Modem Router hybrid does The Tc runs on its own SSID different than the AP and if I were to get a Ghz wifi AP I would simply turn off the TC Wifi due to poor signal quality I have drawn a simple diagram of the wifi wired setup as is now I am willing to spend around - Euros on a good solid dualband router AP I am also trying to get my ISP to switch out this damn Technicolor TC for a Cisco epc but that's another story for another thread I know how just have to get lucky with a good rep from their company

A:Question about using 5Ghz AP

The deal is with 5Ghz it will not go through walls worth a damn, so it's not something you can cover an entire house with. A 5Ghz A/P will cover a very large room or outdoor space really well but just won't go through walls or floors. The reviews at Newegg reflect this in a most unpleasant manner.

I'm running the DIR-655 as my main router and DHCP server then I'm also running the Asus AC66U as an access point, it's mounted outside my house under the eve. I've tested both bands and routers extensively. The 2.4Ghz signal on the Asus is much stronger than the DIR-655 which is still a very good router, but the 5Ghz signal on the Asus seems only good for large rooms or large outdoor areas without obstacles which is where I'm using it.

Of course it does give me 1.1Gb wireless speeds 35 feet away on the 5Ghz band but this is only true because it's an open area outdoors with a straight shot to the antennas on my Asus AC66 PCI-e NIC which is installed on my garage machine.

Any more questions?

I like to show off this wireless speed from the Asus AC66U.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299682-question-about-using-5ghz-ap.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok here it is, when i overclock my 2.4 p4 533fsb to anything over 544fsb it boots up fine at 545fsb it says as its booting up its running at 2.61ghz but in windows sisoft sandra says its 1500mhz, and also speedfan sees it as 1500mhz as well ,does anybody know whats going on here?

Relevancy 41.28%

I wanted to know which type of adaptor I should buy for ghz and bluetooth capabilities. (Are there any products hat are whitelisted that I should be aware of?)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/5ghz-Adapter/td-p/5786013
Relevancy 41.28%

I wanted to know which type of adaptor I should buy for 5 ghz and bluetooth capabilities. (Are there any products hat are whitelisted that I should be aware of?)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/5ghz-Adapter/td-p/5786017
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi folks

Not sure what these settings are really telling me but the router says that the 5 GHZ band is performing nearly 10X better than the 2.4 GHZ band.

Is this really true --

Not sure what some of these figures mean -- I don't have any problems with wifi or LAN speed though.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Is 5GHZ really 10 X faster than 2.4 GHZ

If it's a ac type router it can in theory reach 3gigs if the receiver is also ac that's the speed from PC to router not to anything else

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65211-5ghz-really-10-x-faster-than-2-4-ghz.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have recently acquired a faster USB adapter (NETGEAR N900) for my connection. I have a NETGEAR N600 router. I can choose from 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. My connection runs very well on 2.4Ghz, I have a limit speed of 144Mbps. However, with 5Ghz that limit is 300Mbps, which I thought it was great, but when I switched to 5Ghz I was only getting 54Mbps and weaker signal strength.

2.4 uses one channel, while 5 uses two channels. Could that be the problem? Again, I'm fine with the current 2.4, but I was just curious if there is a way to increase my speed. It's always nice to have faster internet

A:2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz

I was researching this myself just this morning. Here's the link I read a comparison on the 2, hope it provides a little helpful info for ya.

Is 5 GHz Wi-Fi Wireless Computer Hardware Better than 2.4 GHz?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246229-2-4ghz-vs-5ghz.html
Relevancy 40.85%

hello,
i updated to windows 10 for 7 today, and everything works fine expt one thing..
the windows 10 cant see the 5ghz network and i dont know whay..
when i used the windows 7, its show me the 5ghz network, but not when im using the windows 10...
however, i checked on the CMD just to be sure if i can run the 5ghz network, and its says that i can..
the problem is that i cant see the 5ghz network so i cant use it, and i really need the 5ghz ASAP..

so,
what can i do so i can see and use the 5ghz network ?
im using DWA-160 DUAL BAND...

thank you for helping me

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/46858-windows-10-cant-see-5ghz-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi! Two weeks ago I had bought ProBook 470 G2. As I understand, there is Realtek RTL8723BE wi-fi chip. It does not find my 5Ghz wireless network, only 2,4Ghz. Is it possible to force my laptop to work with 5Ghz network? Thanks in advance!

A:Realtek RTL8723BE and 5Ghz?

Hi, No, it will be very happy to connect using 2.4Ghz from a dual band router. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Realtek-RTL8723BE-and-5Ghz/td-p/4783936
Relevancy 40.85%

the system is a dell dimesion 1100 and it has 1 gig of memory. it only has onboard video. should run ok right?

or should i run xp sp3

just curious which one is better for slow system

A:win7 on celeron d 2.5ghz?

ty for all the help

windows me

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/22293-win7-celeron-d-2-5ghz.html
Relevancy 40.85%

how can i fix 5ghz connection? I am using a 5ghz usb stick and when i try to connect to 5ghz it fails. 2.4ghz works perfect. its a netis WF2190 stick ac1200
I have tried different drivers and completely resetting everything. i also tried resetting netsh winsock. when i boot back to win 8.1 5ghz works perfectly
I have a hp envy 15t-j000 intel 4900mq

A:5ghz fails when connecting

Is this in any way related to Windows 10 Operating System ??

It sounds more like Windows 8 or Hardware problems ................

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556875/5ghz-fails-when-connecting/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi. We bought this laptop yesterday and found that 5GHz wifi is very slow. The setup: LaptopLinsys WRT1900ACLG Nexus 5X On 2.4GHz everything works according to the Internet subscription - 30mbps/5mbps (down/up). On 5GHz, the phone still works accordind to the subscription,  but the laptop was about 4/3. We reloaded it and got 22/5 on 5GHz, but 2.4GHz is still 30/5. We tried many times and different spots but 2.4GHz always worked better than 5GHz.

A:5GHz wifi is very slow

The wifi status shows "Speed: 433 Mbps" and 4 bars in "Signal quality". Nexus 5X shows 866mbps and "excellent" on the very same spot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/5GHz-wifi-is-very-slow/td-p/5836738
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi just bought a new Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Router Set it up and labeled my GHz channel as GHz and my GHz channel finding 5GHz? not Laptop as Hz So they ARE separated Using this laptop Tech Support Guy Laptop not finding 5GHz? System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon Laptop not finding 5GHz? HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway NV A Rev LXWR BBC E Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled And here is the dxdiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name LINDA-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model NV A BIOS Default System BIOS Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Mobility Radeon HD Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id SEC Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name atiu p dll atiuxp dll atiuxp dll atiu pag atiuxpag atiuxpag atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF- - A A C C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x B Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag RS M ci ven amp dev amp subsys b Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps C C - FB - F - - BF EE D Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProc... Read more

A:Laptop not finding 5GHz?

... Atheros AR5B93u ...Click to expand...

I could not find anything about that device.

... it says it's 802.11u/g/nClick to expand...

Maybe it really is. What makes you think that it supports 802.11a (5 GHz)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-finding-5ghz.1007644/
Relevancy 40.85%

For all of you wondering about the new CPUs from Intel, looks like they're fro real. Here is an example of the 860 hitting 5Ghz! Looks like it's some real competition for the 920!

The Gigabyte P55-UD4P thread - Overclockers Forums

I have the same setup as this guy, although my cooling and RAM probably isn't as good. This is amazing!

Here is a well known benchmark site. Not much is beating the 860. (only 965 and 975)
You're getting quite a bit for the $$$$$ !!!!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/overclocked_cpus.html

A:New Core i7 860 hitting 5Ghz

FYI - just took the i7 860 to 4.0Ghz with a slight bump in core voltage and RAM and the rest on "normal"

This may turn out to be a 920 killer. If you want to spend more $$ you can get better with the 965 or 975 but for 1/3 the price and almost the same performance....you guys thinking about upgrading the 1366 should start doing some reading.

This 1156 socket will do anything from $200(i5 750) budget gaming to extreme performance. (i7 860 or i7 870)

Until something else comes out, the i7 860 is the one to beat for price to performance.

4Ghz with almost no effort (stable with prime 95 for 2 hours)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25565-new-core-i7-860-hitting-5ghz.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey everyone, i've been trying to connect my pc to the 5ghz network on my NETGEAR WNDR3400 router from a Netgear Power200 Adapter. I looked into it before posting and i found out that maybe my network card doesn't support dual band? Heres my network card and its settings. I'm thinking that it doesn't support 802.11. Do i need to go and buy a usb network adapter for my pc? or is there a setting that i could enable to make it so it would work? Cheers!

Relevancy 40.85%

I just bought and install a Intel e3300, very fast CPU. 2.5GHZ. I was curious if i was to OC the cpu to 2.8ghz would this damage anything ?

A:Intel E3300 2.5ghz

That's kind of like asking how long is a piece of string.

Theoretically, No...That would assume that you aren't raising Vcore to any great extent and you have adequate cooling.
Raising the clockspeed from 2.5 (800FSB) to 2.8 (900FSB) on a CPU that has a 12.5 multiplier shouldn't be much of a cause for concern, aside from the factors I've already listed, and of course whether you have a motherboard that allows overclocking.
Whether you would be gaining any tangible performance increase is probably just as relevant to ask...before you begin.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-e3300-2-5ghz.149408/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have recently upgraded to a 150 mbps Wi-Fi plan, and have noticed that my laptop barely scratches 50. Apparently, this is due to the fact that my laptop uses, and can only use, the 2.4 GHz, despite both the laptop and the Wi-Fi stick supporting 802.11a/n. I'm guessing this is a problem with the OS now, but correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63342-windows-10-not-receiving-5ghz-wi-fi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a cisco e4200 and after installing Windows 8 RP, I was unable to find the 5GHz band. I am getting 90Mbs on the 2.4 GHz band and I know my 5Ghz band can give me more. The 5 GHz band is detected on my PC before Windows 8 was installed but I can't find it on my PC now. I have two computers who support the 5 GHz band and both can't find it but did with Windows 7. The 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band are separately named so that isn't the problem. Can anyone help me?

A:No WiFi N 5GHz detected

This is most likely just a driver problem as most drivers have not been updated to support Windows 8.

Using the compatibility mode by right clicking before you install the driver might help.

If you want full wireless N speed of 300Mb/s then using the 802.11n Only mode in your routers settings with WPA2 security and AES encryption will get you there.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/6895-no-wifi-n-5ghz-detected.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My Prescott E is currently overclocked to ghz with a FSB of The CPU voltage on the Abit IS is V The DDR voltage is V on my x mb PC setup x mb is a no-name Legacy brand and the other x mb is a Mushkin value brand Through the BIOS the x mb DDR is running at - - - with a ratio speed of mhz mhz x mhz effective I ve tried to reach a stable ghz FSB mhz but running Dmark causes WinXP to 2.8E 3.5ghz. way RAM to go? reach the can't PC4000 BSOD I ve tried increasing the CPU voltage to V but it s doesn t help I ve tried loosening the memory timings to - - 2.8E can't reach 3.5ghz. PC4000 RAM the way to go? - but oddly this caused a failure of WinXP to load whereas booting the system with - - - at least got me to a stable Desktop What do you think is holding me back BTW the CPU is being watercooled by the Koolance CPU- G and with AC in my room the temp is around to C Will buying the Geil Ultra PC DDR ram help me to reach a stable ghz or have I already reached the limit of my CPU overclock I don t want to invest around on the Geil PC and find out that I still can t overclock to ghz All help advice feedback is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I thought that Ghz would always beat Ghz hands down on everything apart from distance With this in mind I set my router to broadcast at Ghz and thought that my wifi would be much better as a result but it wasn't I have my router and my PC in the same room a few meters from each other and while I was using Ghz I would always get signal strength but when I changed to Ghz instead of my signal getting to it went to My router is capable of both Ghz and Ghz so why is 2.4Ghz puzzle? vs 5Ghz it that Ghz is better than Ghz when I have been told that it should be the other way around I was told that microwaves cordless telephones and other electronic devices use the Ghz 2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz puzzle? frequency range and this causes intereference and as such causes a loss of signal Ghz I was told is free of other electronic noise so it is much better and you will always get a stronger signal The one thing which I was told that made Ghz better than Ghz was the fact that legal restrictions on Ghz routers meant that the amount of power they could use to output a signal meant they were not so good over long distances and in some countries it was even illegal to use Ghz frequency

A:2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz puzzle?

The higher the frequency, the more power it takes to emit said frequency in comparison to lower frequencies. If you have a decent router, however, it shouldn't make a difference which band you transmit. Just because the router CAN use the 5GHz band doesn't mean it'll operate best on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/137227-2-4ghz-vs-5ghz-puzzle.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm planning to buy a WiFi 5Ghz USB adapter, but I don't know which one is truly plug and play.

Edit: By truly plug-and-play, I mean using the adapter without a driver taken from a website (and manually download it) or from a CD.

The target system is Windows 7, whatever version it can be.

Do anyone know if such WiFi adapters exists ?

A:What WiFi 5Ghz USB adapter buy ?

Pretty much any adapter you buy will work with Win 7. See these: Amazon.com: 5ghz usb wifi

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379158-what-wifi-5ghz-usb-adapter-buy.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am using the lastest Apple Airport Extreme Router which supports 2Ghz and 5Ghz bands. There are 3 iPhones, 4 iPads, and 2 Apple TV's in my home. All of which can access the 5GHz channel effortlessly. My PC on the other hand will ONLY see the 2Ghz band. I have tried everything that I can think of to no avail. I want my PC to connect to the 5Ghz band. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 8.1 Can't See 5Ghz Band

Maybe your computer wireless adapter is not dual-band? It is n not ac compatible.
Would help to know exactly what model it is.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/63673-windows-8-1-cant-see-5ghz-band.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I been trying to replace my oem 1x1 wlan mini card and i would like to find out how to do it... any help will be greatly appreciated. 

A:upgrading my wlan to 2.4 & 5ghz

Hi rbenzo216 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can check if there are available AC WLAN compatible to your model from the Hardware Manual.
FRU listings (near bottom of the manual) would provide whitelist of compatible devces meant for your pc
Download the manual from the support website under documentation tab .
Just choose your model from the search box.

Update us how it goes 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/upgrading-my-wlan-to-2-4-amp-5ghz/td-p/3303822
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello guys I have G7050 Lenovo with Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC But in the device setting in the Advanced setting "Wireless mode" there only b or b/g I can't see 5GHz networks  Tried to install the newest driver update but same problem Thank you

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:No "N" technology or 5GHz in my wifi

hi therealabdo,

Welcome to the Forums.

From this wikidevi page, the Realtek RTL8723BE is a b/g/n 1x1:1 (one transmit and receive radio chains).

If the Wireless Mode under WiFi properties is set to Auto, this means that card will use the fastest connection possible first, which is 802.11n.
    - Sample image

In addition, a b/g/n wireless card will not be able to detect a 5Ghz wireless access point as these type of cards can only detect and connect to a 2.4Ghz band.

More info:
Wireless: Determine if Computer Has 5GHz Network Band Capability (Windows)
Laptop wireless networking options: 1x1 vs 2x2

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/No-quot-N-quot-technology-or-5GHz-in-my-wifi/td-p/2058818
Relevancy 40.85%

How can I tell if my wireless LAN card has 5ghz? If it does how do I turn it on? I have a 802.11n Wireless LAN card.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:How can I tell if my wireless LAN card has 5ghz?

If you've bought the card in the last 5 years then the answer is probably no. What is the make and model of the card? You can check in device manager (Click Start> Run> type: 'mmc devmgmt.msc' and hit enter). Look under network adaptors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/340371-how-can-i-tell-if-my-wireless-lan-card-has-5ghz.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Router is Netgear R6200
Laptop isn't capable, but I have a wireless adapter ( EDIMAX Technology - Official Website - N150 - Wireless nLITE 3dBi High Gain USB Adapter ) that should recognize the 5ghz band, I went into all my router settings, everything checks out out.. look at the properties under the adapter, enabled for Adhoc support for 802.11n, great.
Looking at available networks, and the 5ghz band is still nowhere to be found. Not under wifi 2, of course, under the adapter.

A:Adapter Can't Find 5ghz

That's a single band adapter, it just does not do 5 GHz. Look at the detailed specification.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56686-adapter-cant-find-5ghz.html
Relevancy 40.85%

ok So I oc d my CPU last night to GZH Stable I ran prime for minutes and under max load my Core temps never exceeded a highest point of under full load I had no BSOD s no stability issues past Q9450 oc 3.5ghz and continued to play WOW and COD for several hours So Q9450 oc past 3.5ghz I decided i wanted to push it further Instead of a small jump in the OC I went big All the way up to GZH At this point the machine began to POST but very early in the POST hung up and Q9450 oc past 3.5ghz wouldn t move I turned off the PC cleared the CMOS reset my memory voltage to the correct setting and left it back down at Ghz for the rest of the night I want to push this thing to the limit and see if I can Q9450 oc past 3.5ghz squeeze out Ghz This is where I need some help with OC ing I am unsure when I need to change voltage settings and what the safe range of voltage settings are I want to be careful but i want to push it too Thoughts Regards DaMak nbsp

A:Q9450 oc past 3.5ghz

bump!

Anyone have any info ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/q9450-oc-past-3-5ghz.116122/
Relevancy 40.85%

I need to upgrade my laptop from its 2.4ghz only wireless adapter to a dual 2.4ghz & 5ghz wireless adapter. A quick search on ebay and i found a usb wireless adapter. can i get your opinions on this adapter is any good.
Mini 300Mbps Dual Band 2.4/5GHz 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Wireless USB Dongle Adapter | eBay

How difficult would it be to replace the internal wireless card with a 5ghz capable card. & where can i buy one?

i am also looking to buy a wireless extender. I have picked one out on ebay. Is this wireless extender compatible with 5ghz signal & how is the performance? Can you recommend others please.
300Mbps Wireless Super Fast Wifi Range Router Repeater Extender Booster UK Plug | eBay

A:5ghz wireless adapter

Is your area really congested on the 2.4ghz band? If your area where you use your computer is not congested. There really will be no improvement going with the 5ghz adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49247-5ghz-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, I have a Flex 2-14 and want to change my wireless card to a 5ghz card. I found a list with compatible cards but don't find partnumbers or a store where I can buy compatible wlan cards. 3160NGW, QCNFA34AC, QCNFA335, RTL8723BE, BCM943142Y, BCM943162ZP Perhaps someone has already 5 Ghz wlan running? Thank you. Greetings Alex

A:5ghz wlan flex 2-14

Hi. You can buy here http://aliexpress.com with delivery from China. For example: BCM943162ZP - https://ru.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20161015213725&SearchText=BCM943162ZP Are you sure that these cards are compatible with Flex 2-14? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/5ghz-wlan-flex-2-14/td-p/2267933
Relevancy 40.85%

Dear forum,

I have a certain situation for you:
6 people use LAN-cables connected to the same router in the basement. They all have decent internet.
One day, the 6th person decides to connect a (wireless) router on his end.
Ever since then, the other 5 tenants have had very slow internet connection.

They're pretty sure it's due to the last person installing his wireless router. However, they have no idea how to explain to him how exactly his router is causing the troubles.

How would u explain what is causing the slow connection? (does it have something to do with 'ethernet' and 'gigabit ethernet' ?) ( you can throw whatever terms u want at me, I'll google them if necessary.)

Thank you,
Michael

A:home networking problem: router - router

Did he just plug his router into the other router, and then expect everything to work properly? If so, that's a really bad idea, since DHCP is likely enabled on both routers, and the IP conflicts between them will definitely be part of the general mess. If you can provide the make and models of both routers, then a walk-through on here might be possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-networking-problem-router-router.1157447/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello, I'm looking to get some advice on upgrading my current laptops network card internally rather than an external adaptor. I read that on a simial relating post that the Intel 7260ac was one of the best internal cards but my issue is that was recommended to that post based on that their CPU is Intel and I sad to say I'm on AMD. So could anyone tell me can I use the Intel 7260ac or will Intel and AMD just not work. If that's the case what is the alternative for my system running AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics Thank you for any feedback and advice..... 

A:Realtek RTL8723BE upgrade to 5GHz/AC

@CcX85? This is the WiFi your manual has listed that will work. Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter for use on all computer models   730668-001 Make sure to order using the HP part number. Your manual here. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04301514 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Realtek-RTL8723BE-upgrade-to-5GHz-AC/td-p/5739074
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey all...

I have a Netgear WNDR3800 dual band router. I have the 2.4 and 5.0ghz bands going...I typically have my TV connected to the 5.0ghz band. However, I just had to reconnect it and noticed that the 5ghz band is not showing up in the "available networks" list anymore.

Any thoughts? Why would this happen?

Relevancy 40.42%

My HP OMEN does't wireless 5GHZ? OMEN accept ¿HP detect GHz networks nbsp Should it detect it thes networks nbsp Can I install other drivers nbsp Can I configure it better nbsp My Wireless Info is gt ¿HP OMEN accept wireless 5GHZ? netsh wlan show driversNombre de interfaz Wi-Fi nbsp nbsp nbsp Controlador nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel R Wireless-N nbsp nbsp nbsp Proveedor nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel Corporation nbsp nbsp nbsp Proveedor nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel nbsp nbsp nbsp Fecha nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Versi n nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Archivo INF nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C WINDOWS INF oem inf nbsp nbsp nbsp Archivos nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp total nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C WINDOWS system DRIVERS Netwbw sys nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C WINDOWS system DRIVERS Netwfw dat nbsp nbsp nbsp Tipo nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Controlador Wi-Fi nativo nbsp nbsp nbsp Tipos de radio admitidos nbsp nbsp nbsp b g n nbsp nbsp nbsp Modo FIPS - compatible S nbsp nbsp nbsp Protecci n de trama de administraci n de w habilitada S nbsp nbsp nbsp Red hospedada admitida s nbsp nbsp nbsp Autenticaci n y cifrado admitidos en el modo infrastructure nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Abierta nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Ninguna nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Abierta nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WEP- bit nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Abierta nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WEP- bits nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Abierta nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WEP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WPA-Enterprise nbsp TKIP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WPA-Enterprise nbsp CCMP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WPA-Personal nbsp nbsp nbsp TKIP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WPA-Personal nbsp nbsp nbsp CCMP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WPA -Enterprise TKIP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WPA -Enterprise CCMP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp n... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-OMEN-accept-wireless-5GHZ/td-p/5623787
Relevancy 40.42%

My Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop can only support 2.4Ghz.

Is it possible to upgrade the hardware so I can support 5Ghz or with it being a laptop, is it impossible?

P.S. Referring to Wi-Fi

A:5Ghz Dell Inspiron 1501

You can purchase a dual band usb adapter...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/280142-5ghz-dell-inspiron-1501-a.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello everyone, i'm just curious. I currently have 2 wifi lines, one normal 2.4 and a 5ghz WIFI. However, my computer, the Aspire Z3-615 on windows 8, isn't able to read the 5ghz WIFI. My network adapter is qualcomm atheros ar956x 5ghz. I've been browsing around the forum, and am pretty sure that my adapter is a single channel, which i guess means it can't read 5g :/ My phones are able to connect, so i'm just wondering if there's any way to make it so that the computer can read 5g? Thanks for the help :-) 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire Z3-615 can't connect to 5Ghz WIFI

I'm not sure if the link below is your computer, but if it is, it says b,g,n which means it lacks a 5 GHz radio. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-aspire-z3-615-all-in-one-computer-intel-core-i3-i3-4130t-2-90-ghz-d...

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Aspire-Z3-615-can-t-connect-to-5Ghz-WIFI/td-p/373460/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 40.42%

H all

I recently bought a new router (Linksys E4200 dual band router). Set up. Connected wirelessly from my laptop successfully. Question is this... I am sure that I am connecting only on the 2.4GHz network and can't make the laptop connect on 5GHz.
The laptop is Sony Vaio S series. Wireless adapter is Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN which (according to the Intel page) is a dual band adapter.
So, I have a dual band router, a dual band adapter but cannot connect to the 5GHz band.
When I look at the available WLANs in Network & Sharing, I can only see the 2.4GHz band (I gave the 5GHz band a different SSID, and this is not listed).
Running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
Apart from the puzzle over 5GHz, everything else is fine... can see all other network devices (SAN, printer etc...)
HOW do I see, select, force my system to use 5GHz?
Thanks!

A:Unable to see, select, use 5GHz network

Set 5GHz network as "Wireless-N only" instead of "Mixed", in router settings.
Works fine now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186648-unable-see-select-use-5ghz-network.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello
I have a Linksis Dual-Band wireless-N USB network dongle for my desktop (model: WUSB600N). For some reason I stopped seeing 5ghz connections even if I used to see them before. I installed the drivers several more times but still nothing.. I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this annoying problem. Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 cant connect to 5ghz connections..

Did you go into properties to see if 2.4 ghz & 5 ghz are set to auto? Also are you using 40 mhz Channel Bandwidth with two channels manually set to say 1 & 5 on the router/access point? Also is the router/Access Point that you have still set for 5 ghz?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/71386-windows-8-1-cant-connect-5ghz-connections.html
Relevancy 40.42%

See what a little nitrogen Phenom AMD stable 5GHz II hits cooluing will do quot A sneak peek given to the press by AMD showcased their upcoming line of processors known as the quot Phenom II quot The Phenom II are AMD's answer to Intel's newest chipset the Core i Hoping to compete in the market with the Core i the Phenom II line of quad-core processors will be AM compatible The first two models to be released will have a clock speed that starts at GHz However one of the key bragging areas for AMD Phenom II hits 5GHz stable AMD's line of Phenom processors is its overclockability AMD claims a - reduction in power consumption under full load thanks to their transition to a nm fab process AMD has also stated that in addition to the - power consumption reduction that consumers can expect they should also expect a - increase in performance over previous Phenom models In a demonstration AMD displayed the overclocking power of the Phenom II X showing it hit GHz stable at v on air cooling with a temperature of C With water-cooling the CPU broke the GHz barrier with a C temperature For kicks and giggles the Phenom II was shown running stable at speeds higher than GHz on nitrogen cooling and even booted at speeds that were higher than GHz It's too early to say whether or not the Phenom II's can match the power of the i 's as we'll have to wait until benchmarks are released to do so but the competition seems anything but idle quot http www neowin net news main amd-phenom-ii-hits- ghz-stable- lt -- Story Main Content End -- gt lt -- Story Pages Start -- gt

A:AMD Phenom II hits 5GHz stable

Even if it can compete with the i7, people have been going with Intel for better performance for so long now, they're just going to keep going to Intel naturally now.

If it can compete though, it will make Intel release the newer versions of the i7 quicker.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194420-amd-phenom-ii-hits-5ghz-stable.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Good evening all,

My laptop according to the specs has the ability to connect to the 5G network from my network provider but my laptop only shows the 2G network. i can see the 5g network on my phone and connect to it but it doesn't show on this laptop.

I have more recently been playing around with the settings and not sure what I've done but i lose connection every few minutes so i have deleted the driver and reinstalled it which resolved the issue. when searching for driver updates i came across three different drivers for the Wireless, my laptop came pre installed with broadcom but i can see on the support page of Asus for this laptop model that there are downloads for Realtek, Qualcom and ralink.

Can i use any of these or do i have to use Broadcom?

can anyone advise how to unlock the ability to view 5GHz networks?

Relevancy 40.42%

helloIm using Aces Aspire V5-573G in windows 10.Im having a problem with wifi connection in 2.4ghz. When Im connected it says Limitet or No acces.In 5ghz works good.I tryed updating my the drivers but no results.I even tryed to change the hardware of the wireless adapter but same problem.Sorry for my English Thanks

A:Wireless adapter works only in 5ghz and not in 2.4...

Have you tried rebooting the Modems/routers?Shut down laptop, unplug modem and router, wait 30 seconds, plug in modem/ router, start laptop.Install Wifi Analyzer to your phone and see how crowded the channel you're on is.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=enGo into your router and switch to a less crowded channel.If it works good on 5GHz and no one needs 2.4, just use 5GHz, it's less crowded.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Wireless-adapter-works-only-in-5ghz-and-not-in-2-4-ghz/td-p/429193/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 40.42%

Anybody know why this is I've been looking at all the CPU id programs to see what my cpu is running at Even my bios at startup recognizes it as a ghz I have no clue why I know I didn't get a faulty processor because I bought a brand new factory sealed retail Pentium and I clearly read on the actual processor itself when installing it that it was indeed the ghz fsb hyper-threading etc And I know my motherboard Soyo P VTE can support this processor fully that's why the 1.5ghz! up 3.0ghz is a showing Pentium4 as Please help, HT only my place I bought it from sold this motherboard and CPU together as a combo So I have no clue what's wrong I read up a bit about this hyper-threading technology that intel has incorporated and I also noticed that everywhere in Windows I'm using Windows XP SP btw my computer is showing dual processors Now this is normal right I'm aware that hyper-threading P 's are supposed to do this Now this came to my mind that could my system just be displaying the ghz readings because there are two virtual cpu's Like in WcpuID it shows two cpus and both are running at ghz fsb Exactly half of the cpu's specs Now I don't know if this is just a coincidence that it happens to be right at half or if the cpu really is defective In the cpu programs and in Please help, my Pentium4 3.0ghz HT is only showing up as a 1.5ghz! dxdiag and windows system properties it all shows the cpu name string as 'Pentium ghz' And right next to it or under it it says dual processors ghz So I know this hyper-threading is working properly but is it supposed to be exactly like this As in is it supposed to act as two ghz cpu's Or is it supposed to be two ghz cpus thus making it ghz I just hope I installed everything correctly and nothing is messed up Every single cpu checking program I've used just reads it as two ghz cpu's Please help Much thanks in advance

A:Please help, my Pentium4 3.0ghz HT is only showing up as a 1.5ghz!

what ram did u use?

Matt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-my-pentium4-3-0ghz-ht-is-only-showing-up-as-a-1-5ghz-26639.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi
i got usb adapter WDL-U700 dual band 802.11n wireless USB adapter
it doesnt seem detect 5ghz wifi
i already checked/change configuration to multimedia/gamig enviroment, channel mode etc

A:My wireless adapter usb cant detect 5ghz

Do you have a dual band router that broadcasts on both 2.4 & 5ghz bands?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53284-my-wireless-adapter-usb-cant-detect-5ghz.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, I've had the DIR-825 router for more than a year now and I've never once been able to see the second SSID that broadcasts at 5Ghz. I've set up both bands with identical settings and I have a wireless N network adapter in my laptop, but it only ever sees the 2 Ghz SSID, never the 5 Ghz one. Shouldn't I be able to see it?

Thanks for any help!

A:Dlink DIR-825 5ghz band not visible

Only if the adapter is also a dual band..
Many adapters listed as Wireless "N" operate in only the 2.4 GHZ range (G). They use 3 channels to get 150 Mbps.

The D-LInk DWA-160 Extreme-N is dual band.
Also Netgear RangeMax WNDA 3100.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-dir-825-5ghz-band-not-visible.1043987/
Relevancy 40.42%

Recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 8.1 and I cannot see any 5Ghz wireless networks, even though they are present (I am able to successfully see and connect using other devices including a Windows 7 laptop). I can see 2.4 Ghz networks and connect no problem. I have upgraded the wifi driver to the latest Windows 8.1 version for the Intel Wireless-N 7260 card, v16.6.0.8 but no luck. Appreciate any thoughts or pointers.

A:Windows 8.1 - cannot see 5Ghz wifi networks

It looks like you have the latest driver for the Intel 7260 from the link.
Intel? PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel? PROSet/ Wireless Software Downloads

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 will have 802.11a and 802.11ac reported by Windows in addition to 802.11 b/g/n radios of Intel Wireless-N 7260, you may not have the dual band version.

To determine which version you have type or paste the following command into an elevated command prompt then post the results here.

Code:
netsh wlan show driver

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36367-windows-8-1-cannot-see-5ghz-wifi-networks.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Weird issue Happened once before but I can't recall how I fixed it My old but trusty Acer G which my wife uses for a lot Getting Address 5Ghz... internet use connection IP but no unless I of her work which uses an Intel AGN card has decided to play tricks on me Essentially if I try to connect to my G n network I get an IP address assigned by the router modem but have the dreaded quot no internet access quot issue I can't ping the router either I've tried the following uninstall and reinstall Getting IP Address but no internet connection unless I use 5Ghz... the driver ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release and then renew Reboot the router modem Getting IP Address but no internet connection unless I use 5Ghz... Disconnecting and reconnecting to the network along with rebooting It has decided that the only network it will connect to AND give me an IP Address is my GHz network Oddly if I connect to my Ghz network then disconnect and reconnect to my Ghz wireless I get access to the internet for a few minutes before I lose internet access and have to reconnect to the Ghz signal Anyone have any ideas what could cause this and how to fix it The Ghz network is great except as I move further from the router so I'd prefer to connect to the Thanks

A:Getting IP Address but no internet connection unless I use 5Ghz...

I clicked on the link you provided for the driver and it began a download from (I think) driver detective
edit: hmmmm, your link is just text now.

edit: I must have been logged out when I read the post the 1st time.
pbc did not link anything

The first thing I would try would be the driver from Intel - this might or might not solve the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318760-getting-ip-address-but-no-internet-connection-unless-i-use-5ghz.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Good evening! I purchased this laptop earlier today and was surprised that the wireless adapter was not dual band (I should have checked). I'm very blessed and have 250 mbps up/down fiber internet at home, so I really need 5GHz to take advantage of the speed. Is it possible to upgrade the adapter in this laptop or do I need to return it and choose a different laptop?  Here is what is currently installed; let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance for your help! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Upgrade-wireless-adapter-to-5GHz/td-p/5807266
Relevancy 40.42%

I have dual band modem that work with a Linksys AE6000 USB network adapter. I get the 2.4 ghz but can not see the 5ghz. It works fine on my desktop with window 7. I also have another berklin that will only work on the desktop as well. Neither will see the 5 ghz on my Toshiba laptop Satellite C-55-B5296. I had it previous working when I used the berklin install setup disc. I recently had to reset my computer, and now it won't work even after reinstalling both the Linksys and berklin setup disc. I have updated driver. Talked with Comcast, Linksys, and Toshiba. All want me to purchase a plan before they can help. Hope someone can help

A:Can't see 5GHZ wifi on laptop with windows 8.1

Type netsh wlan show network into elevated command prompt and see what shows.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65065-cant-see-5ghz-wifi-laptop-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Although the i7 6700HQ CPU is rated to run up to 3.5GHz on Turbo Boost, I don't ever see it go over 3.2GHz.  Is that normal for the XPS 15 9550?  What do others see?  Is the max speed limited by the BIOS (on version 1.2.0 A6)?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995155
Relevancy 40.42%

I seldomly use it for about a year and 2 months. I tried to restore it but after the restart, the screen just wont give any display. Acer service center told me, Motherboard problem and it cost 25,000 pesos. This is my second acer computer that has motherboard issues. ACER has serious reliability problem. I just hope ACER will fix it for free.

A:Aspire P3-171 i5 1.5GHz Motherboard dead

That can be repaired for less than 3K. I just had mine fixed in 20minutes by a technicain I know.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-P3-171-i5-1-5GHz-Motherboard-dead/td-p/322118
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter withHardware ID PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4365&SUBSYS_2230103C&REV_01I would like to know whether I can upgrade my WiFi Card to support 5GHz or not. If so, any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

A:[HELP] Upgrade WiFi Card (to 5GHz)

@gautamhans1? This seems to be your only option. Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 combo adapter. For use only on computer models equipped with Intel processors for HP Pavilion 17 and 15 Notebook PC. HP Part number   710662-005 Your Manual here. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04402649 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HELP-Upgrade-WiFi-Card-to-5GHz/td-p/5600873
Relevancy 40.42%

Greetings all Im new here and not really good with tech stuff so please forgive me if this problem I Signal Using Low Channel 5Ghz Wireless have is easy to resolve I recently purchased the Linksys AE wireless USB adapter for my desktop computer It is currently connect to my Linksys WRT N Dual Band Wireless Router My problem I have is that I am currently getting bars for signal strength where my channel gets bars I was wondering if there s specific settings I need to adjust to improve the signal strength for Ghz channel other than the quot default quot settings My router is located in the living room of my house and isn t far away from the bedroom I have my desktop in so I do not believe it would be caused by distance The reason for me wanting to use the ghz channel is because I play a lot of Low Signal Using 5Ghz Wireless Channel online games and I have noticing a lag that I have never received before My brother plays the same games on my laptop in the same room and he never gets lag like I do I Low Signal Using 5Ghz Wireless Channel have laptops another desktop ps and xboxs connected to the ghz so I figure switching to the ghz would be a good idea since nothing was on it sharing the connection Any assistance would be great and I appreciate the time took to read and helping with this issue Thank you nbsp

A:Low Signal Using 5Ghz Wireless Channel

See Is 5 GHz Wireless Network Hardware Better than 2.4 GHz?. In particular:

GHz and Network Range

The higher the frequency of a wireless signal, the shorter its range. Thus, 2.4 GHz networks cover a substantially larger range than 5 GHz wireless networks. In particular, the higher frequency wireless signals of 5 GHz networks do not penetrate solid objects nearly as well as do 2.4 GHz signals, limiting their reach inside homes. Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-signal-using-5ghz-wireless-channel.944301/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

Bought a new router Netgear WNDR 3700 and a wireless netwerk card for my desktop Hercules N PCI card (HWNP-300)

Router is using both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz netwerk. I can see both SSID's on my laptop (available wireless networks) running windows xp. But on my desktop running windows 7 Home Edition I can only see the 2.4 Ghz and not the 5 Ghz .

I reported the question at the support desk of Hercules but received the answer that this is a operating system issue.

Any ideas, suggestions, reactions, ...

Thanks in advance !

A:Wireless 5Ghz netwerk not visible

Quote: Originally Posted by Stevensm

Hello,

Bought a new router Netgear WNDR 3700 and a wireless netwerk card for my desktop Hercules N PCI card (HWNP-300)

Router is using both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz netwerk. I can see both SSID's on my laptop (available wireless networks) running windows xp. But on my desktop running windows 7 Home Edition I can only see the 2.4 Ghz and not the 5 Ghz .

I reported the question at the support desk of Hercules but received the answer that this is a operating system issue.

Any ideas, suggestions, reactions, ...

Thanks in advance !

From Hercules Wireless N PCI Card (HWNP-300) - WiFi - Hercules
* Compatible with available WiFi standards (802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n)

It does not says 802.11a, thus I assume it does not works with 5GHz frequency. All the compatible standards are for 2.4GHz band.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/87217-wireless-5ghz-netwerk-not-visible.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I recently bought a 212 evo cooler for my cpu, this keeps my cpu at around 30 degrees or under. I've tried overclocking my cpu to 3.5ghz but when i load my pc up, i get a bluescreen with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" within 2 minutes of being on my desktop. I will attach the Dump files in a zip file with all the other details with the "SF Diagnostic tool"

The latest dump file is the 010913-8455-01

I'm running Windows 8 64bit.
1055t AMD CPU
660TI Nvidia
8Gb ram

A:BSOD When overclocking 1055t Cpu to 3.5ghz.

Turn the OC back until it doesnt blue screen, check your voltages and stuff its not only about temperature

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273028-bsod-when-overclocking-1055t-cpu-3-5ghz.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Quote:
Xtreme Systems forums member PcCI2iminal got his grubby paws on an engineering sample of Intel's Core i7 975 XE with D0 stepping and managed to overclock it to 5015.48MHz.

The trtick here is that he managed to do this with conventional cooling, the processor was only cooled by the ThermalRight Ultra 120 RT heatsink with a 102CFM San Ace fan.

The overclocker also managed to run a round of SuperPI 1M with the chip at 4750MHz, the test was finished in 8.672 seconds.

The system used the Biostar TPower X58 motherboard, 6GB of Corsair Dominator DDR3-1866 memory, a 32GB Transcend SSD, Radeon HD 4890 and a Topower Giga-EZ 1000W PSU.

source
Well, seems this is going to hit really high clocks on Ln2, now just to find a way of running the OC with ''HT'' enabled.....

SK

A:Core i7 975XE hits 5ghz on AIR!!

Makes you wonder how far they could push it at sub zero temps, maybe 10Ghz

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/8169-core-i7-975xe-hits-5ghz-air.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I want to change my network card to one which supports new WiFi 5Ghz tehnology. I understand that HP has white cards list which my laptop will support. But I cannot find any information of models.

A:HP ENVY 17 j013sr WiFi 5Ghz card

Hi: None of that information is available to the public (us). Your notebook should not have a BIOS whitelist, and since your model has an Intel processor and chipset, you can put in any dual band card you want. If you want to go with a dual band N card, get the Intel dual band 7260 with bluetooth. If you want to go with a dual band AC card, bet the Intel dual band 7260 with bluetooth. Here is the service manual for your notebook, where you can find the part number for the 7260N card. Chapter 3, page 26. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03922401 The 3160 AC card was also an option for your notebook, but the 7260 AC card will work. If you want to get the 7260 AC card, let me know and I will look up the HP part number for that one.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-ENVY-17-j013sr-WiFi-5Ghz-card/td-p/5602522
Relevancy 39.99%

FX 6300 overlocked from 3.5 to 4.5Ghz but windows shows that the speed never goes above 4.41Ghz

The utilization is at 26% in the screenshot below but I've had it at 99% and still didn't peak above 4.41Ghz.

What do you guys think?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57328-overlocked-4-5ghz-but-maximum-speed-only-hits-4-41-ghz.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,

Just wondered if anybody can help me sort out this problem which I have.
I have Bt infinity 2 with a BT hub 5 router which enables me to have either a 2.4 GHZ or a 5GHZ wifi my problem is that it see's and connects to the 2.4GHZ but does not see the 5GHZ one , surely windows should see all network close or within range???

any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

Sam

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51316-failing-see-5ghz-ssid-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I bought a D-link DIR router having read claims that on ONE wireless network it runs GHz and GHz frequencies SIMULTANEOUSLY and somehow determines for itself how to apply those frequencies to what I m trying to achieve on the network D-link s own support contact denies that this is possible which appears to contradict D-link s claims about the DIR and what I have read about the product online They are saying that indeed you can use both frequencies at once but on DIFFERENT machines i e that a single machine cannot be simultaenously connected to both frequencies For the life of me I can t see how connect 5GHz to D-LINK 825: to DIR simultaneously and 2.4GHz how to connect to both frequencies at the same time When setting the DIR up using the relevant wizards it treats the GHz and GHz as two separate wireless networks I can then connect each of my computers to one or the other but apparently not both Any help would be enormously appreciated nbsp

A:D-LINK DIR 825: how to connect to 2.4GHz and 5GHz simultaneously

They imply two separate transceiver circuits insted of just one that switches transmitting frequency.
Traffic for the 5GHz will be faster with a separate SSID and transmitter., since you will cut out the delays caused by the transceiver switching frequency and handling the slower 2.4GHz traffic.

Your problem is that the computer's wireless adapter can only connect to one SSID and IP address.
You can set up alternate connections for your wireless adapter using a different SSID and IP address for the separate frequencies and switch back and forth, but this is not what you want.

To connect your computer the way you want you would need to have two wireless adapters on the computer.
Set one up using the 2.4GHz SSID and IP address as a default for general wirless use.

Setup the other one using the 5GHz SSID and IP address.

You would need to then set up routing on your computer so that programs that need to use the 5GHz will connect to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-dir-825-how-to-connect-to-2-4ghz-and-5ghz-simultaneously.866909/
Relevancy 39.99%

My XPS 8900 with the Dell Wireless-N 1801 adapter can't see my 5GHz network.  It only sees my 2.4GHz. The 8900 sits right next to my HP Pavilion (5+ years old) which always runs on my 5GHz. Does the Dell Wireless-N 1801 not support 5GHz (scary thought) ? Any ideas ?

A:XPS 8900, Dell Wireless-N 1801, 5GHz ?

I think you mean 5GHz network.  
5G = 5th generation mobile technology

different card, same concept http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19340207

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19662660
Relevancy 39.99%

FX 6300 overlocked from 3.5 to 4.5Ghz but windows shows that the speed never goes above 4.41Ghz
The utilization is at 26% in the screenshot below but I've had it at 99% and still didn't peak above 4.41Ghz.
What do you guys think?

A:Overlocked to 4.5Ghz but maximum speed only hits 4.41 Ghz

Hi Jago86 ^_^,

Personally, I don't trust the values of Task Manager when it comes to CPU. Earlier when I had Windows 8, my CPU maxed out at 3.0GHz (Due to Turbo Boost) and it was visible in the Task Manager, but when I installed Windows 8.1 , the Task Manager shows my default speed (2.4GHz) and does not show that my processor is being overclocked due to Turbo Boost.

But, when I run CPU-Z , I see that my CPU Frequency goes till 2.996GHz which is very close to 3.0GHz . I would suggest you to check CPU-Z for a more accurate reading.

-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57330-overlocked-4-5ghz-but-maximum-speed-only-hits-4-41-ghz.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have overclocked my 8120 to 4.5 ghz on a evo 212 with dual cooling.
The temps are never going above 50 C when playing games, but go to 80 on prime 95.
Can I still keep the overclock if these temps never break 50C?

A:8120 overclocked to 4.5GHz runs at 80C in Prime 95

If it's stable running prime95, it's fine. 80 is actually okay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8120-overclocked-to-4-5ghz-runs-at-80c-in-prime-95.188890/
Relevancy 39.99%

No longer able to connect to 5Ghz network."Windows was unable to connect to X"The wifi nw is found but it's not possible to connect any longer. Previously there were no problem.No problem with the 5 Ghz nw since I'm able to connect with both tablet and phones.The "Troubleshoot problem" does no solve the problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-laptop-unable-to-connect-to-5Ghz-wifi/td-p/5654980
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi guys, I have just upgraded my internet in the UK, and I can now receive speeds of up to 150mb.
My iPhone is fine and can connect to the 5Ghz network channel but my laptop cannot.

After a bit of looking into it, it seems my wireless card is not compatible, so I either need to change the wireless card within the laptop, or buy a dongle.

I'd rather install one within the laptop if that is possible (hp) or worst case, use a small dongle. The problem is, I really wouldn't want one the size of a normal USB pen, at the very most, one that is very small and cannot break.

Is there any suggestions on what to get? I type in on google but the dongles are all quite big.

Thanks

A:5Ghz compatibile wireless adapter or card

I just got this dongle the other day: EDIMAX EW-7811UTC AC600 Dual-band USB 2.0 Wireless Mini Adapter, ideally for upgrading Laptop, desktop, Macbook or Ultrabook with 433/150Mbps data rates - Newegg.com

It's the smallest I could find that supported dual band (2.4 & 5Ghz).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/359881-5ghz-compatibile-wireless-adapter-card.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Can my Toshiba Model Satellite Pro C870-1E2 laptop work on the 5Ghz band with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.Tried posing this question to Toshiba but there appears to be a technical hitch there so unable to forward my question to them.

A:Can Satellite Pro C870 work on 5Ghz band?

Hi

The Wlan frequency depends on the WLan card.
I think the notebook was equipped with the Realtek RTL8723AE WLan card which supports the 802.11 B / G / N standard

5Ghz is available only using 802.11 A or N

802.11 N standard operates at 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz but 5Ghz would be available ONLY if the WLan card would support additional 802.11 A standard; i.e 802.11 A / N.

But Realtek RTL8723AE doesn?t support 802.11 A and therefore the 5Ghz are not possible for this WLan module.

Here is an similar thread about the same theme:
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=64003

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?74667-Can-Satellite-Pro-C870-work-on-5Ghz-band
Relevancy 39.99%

I was finally able to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my daughter's Z570 laptop. It seems to be working just fine. The laptop has an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 card in it now but it only operates on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.  I need to upgrade the internal network card to a 802.11ac or 802.11n with 5 GHz support card for her school. In the process of looking for this card I've noticed a number of people are having problems with Win10 on this laptop AND no one has mentioned a 5GHz network card that will work in it. Can anyone suggest a 5GHz internal network card that will work in this machine? And will it work in Win10? Or should I move back to Win7? Help! My daughter starts back to school on Aug 8.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z570-5GHz-wifi-card-for-Windows-10/td-p/3383593
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I have recently been having problems trying to get a GHz hotspot up and running with windows with the latest Anniversary Update I need it because I live in student accommodation and have no control over my Wifi which is slow and unreliable however the internet from the wall is pretty good and my Hotspot 5GHz Windows Adaptor Wifi for 10 pc is on pretty much anyway It really needs to be on the GHz band as there are too many other things on GHz that drastically effect performance I have bought two Wifi Adaptors The first one was a Mediatek RT AC which worked perfectly fine using the Mediatek Wifi Adaptor for 5GHz Hotspot Windows 10 Driver until the anniversary update now it won't work at all not even for wifi device manager just says the device is not working properly I have tried many many drivers and am pretty confident that it just isn't compatible with Wifi Adaptor for 5GHz Hotspot Windows 10 the latest build of Windows at least without a Wifi Adaptor for 5GHz Hotspot Windows 10 driver update which is unlikely Next I bought a TP-Link Archer UH AC Not expecting any issues from a big and reputable company and was going to use the Soft-AP feature only to find that doesn't work at all in windows or at least the current build the adaptor works just fine for Wifi but that's not my intended use for it I then found out that Windows Anniversary comes with the functionality to create a GHz Wifi Hotspot built in but non of my reasonably popular adaptors work with it or through their own software so my question is what adaptors actually will work reliably with this feature Most Wifi adaptors seem to have very little support from both Microsoft and the manufactures and there aren't really any models I can find that are not just refreshes of old hardware Really don't want to take a gamble on a third adaptor Thanks in advanced

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/wifi-adaptor-for-5ghz-hotspot-windows-10-a-1166961.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I recently 100% successfully upgraded my Lenovo U430 touch to full AC style 5GHz networking. I wrote it up here.  Now at last my Wifi is really rather fast. It's working flawlessly under 64 bit Windows 8.1 and Centos 7.0  (on the same laptop) https://majzel.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-power-of-ieee-80211ac-wireless.html Regards Marcus Bennettand Agata Majzel.  

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo U430 5GHz AC Networking Upgrade

Dear Marcus and Agata,I followed your instructions with this card from Amazon.com: http://tinyurl.com/lqg23t5. Alas, I got the dreadful "unauthorized network card is plugged in" message in return. Unfortunately, I have literally no clue about network cards, so I wanted to ask you if you could had a "for dummies" solution. Thank you in advance.Take care,Zap074

Moderator note:  fixed broken link.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-U430-5GHz-AC-Networking-Upgrade/td-p/1794819
Relevancy 39.99%

After opening the package I booted the laptop up. As soon as everything was done, the first thing that happened before I even opened anything was that windows stopped responding, and I was greeted with a "end process" window. That was half an hour ago and since, there has been half a dozen more cases of this as well as extremely slow browsing. I have had to restart many times due to the laptop freezing and in one of the times the laptop wouldn't even boot up, it just stayed on the Acer loading screen while starting (and had to restart again).  I have no idea why it is acting up this way, as the specs are more than capable of running Windows 10 at the very least. 8 GB Ram and i7-6500U 2.5GHz.  This is not acceptable concidering the price tag.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/I-just-opened-a-brand-new-V3-575G-i7-6500U-2-5GHz-and-it-is/td-p/454418
Relevancy 39.99%

I just ran over this strange irritating problem on one of my laptop devices...  The connection times out and drops but still connected to router. No internet works when dropped and cant access WAN either when this happens. When this occurs the internet comes back for some second and then randomly drops fast again
The problem only occurs on 1 laptop and @ 2.4Ghz channel works just fine on 5Ghz. 
When internet drops on laptop connected with 2.4 the mobile who is also on 2.4 works just fine 

A:Laptop drops internet ONLY @ 2.4GHZ not 5Ghz

Please post the computer and router model next time.Download MiniToolBox and run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491255/laptop-drops-internet-only-24ghz-not-5ghz/
Relevancy 39.99%

Greetings I'm having issues with my wireless Ghz connection since my laptop will no longer find it Well if I disable the network adapter and enable it back on the G connection will show up for a few seconds and then disappear However I cannot connect no band 5Ghz Laptop finds longer to it even if I try during the short time it shows up My network adapter is a Killer Wireless-N Now the router is working properly because my phone does detect the Ghz band and can connect to it with no problems I think the issue might have started Laptop no longer finds 5Ghz band after I updated my network adapter's drivers which I did this Sunday at around AM However later on that day when I turned on my laptop I had no issues with G I noticed the issue last Tuesday During Monday last week my Internet provider changed the modem and router However I didn't use my laptop Laptop no longer finds 5Ghz band that day and only noticed the issue on Tuesday when my laptop couldn't find any connection and asked me to choose one The main router I used to have was a Linksys and now it's a Huawei one which is both a modem and a wireless router That being said I've never connected wirelessly to either of those but to a Netgear r which I connected to them Yesterday I tried hard resetting the Netgear router thinking it might have been experiencing some kind of conflict with the new modem router but my laptop still could not find G yet my phone could I used the quot netsh wlan show drivers quot line on CMD and it did show my network adapter supports a So I don't think it's a driver issue Two weeks ago prior to updating my drivers and getting the new modem router my laptop could connect to G just fine So I'm entirely lost here Any ideas what my issue might be and how to fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395894-laptop-no-longer-finds-5ghz-band.html
Relevancy 39.99%

hi guys, im running qualcomm atheros ar9485 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter which only supports 2.4ghz i would like to upgrade to 5.0ghz whats the best upgrade for me? thanks

A:upgrading WIFI adapter to support 5ghz

Hello,               Since you mentioned that you need to chage the frequency band to 5Ghz. It is not possible as the maximum frequency band that this card can run is 2.4Ghz Only with data transfer speed of 300Mbps. However you can change the channel settings in the router and check whether that works.  ******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.********Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others** I am an HP Employee#HPExpertsday

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrading-WIFI-adapter-to-support-5ghz/td-p/5628764
Relevancy 39.99%

hi i found out that i have a realtek RTL8723BE and does not support 5ghz was wondering what wifi card that i can buy to replace it? thanks for the help jason 

A:lenovo thinkpad E555 wifi cant see 5ghz

i believe this is both 2.4 & 5ghz would this work in my lenovo thinkpad E555?? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Wireless-AC-3160NGW-04X6034-04X6076/dp/B0188ZZ06C?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/lenovo-thinkpad-E555-wifi-cant-see-5ghz/td-p/3316822