Windows Support Forum

Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement

Q: Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement

I have a Dell Latitude D that I dropped while in its carrying bag so even backlight Dell screen Latitude replacement no after it wasn t a real hard landing Now the backlight won t come on I swapped an entire screen assembly from an identical D and it still won t turn the backlight on I swapped the screens again and the borrowed D still works fine and mine won Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement t work I didn t bother to test my screen in the borrowed D I can run an external CRT with mine and I can see the LCD display if I shine a light on it so I know the display is working and not cracked The laptop won t drive the CRT Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement unless it thinks the lid is down so to use the keyboard I removed the sense magnet from the lid and taped it to the place where it would be with the lid closed I ve noticed in the past that this D often stayed fully on including the display it seemed when I closed the lid and walked away for hours Note When I tested the borrowed screen I had the sense magnet removed When the magnet is taped in place simulating lid down both the backlight and the display are off I can t see the display even when a light is shined on it but when the magnet is removed simulating lid up I get the display with no backlight It seems like the display knows whether the lid is up or down but the backlight seems to act like the lid is always down Is this possible What should I look for nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement

Did you replace the backlight inverter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-no-backlight-even-after-screen-replacement.198916/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi everyone, I recently closed the lid on my laptop a little too hard (although nowhere near hard enough to damage the screen, at least I thought) - however it now has a crack in the corner. That will teach me for being heavy handed.

I'd like to buy a replacement screen and fit it myself, but I am struggling to find the correct model and part. I could take it to a local shop to repair but it will cost me twice the price and I have been inside electronic equipment before so I think I should be OK.

Can anyone help me determine what screen I need to buy, or where I can find out - and also if there are any online video guides to help with this sort of job?

Thanks for reading

Relevancy 86.86%

I was donated this laptop and was pretty sure it nbsp worked better at one time but had some display problems and progressively worse I seem to only have a Backlight- no external monitor Display Although message on External Monitor quot check cable connect quot does go out when it s plugged into the external port It does sometimes boot up to the OS- sometimes I can hear the Welcome sound Other times It doesn t seem to boot up to the OS nbsp I know the keyboard nbsp is malfunctioning and hear beeeep beep beeeping But It would be nice to see the BIOS Dell but Backlight no display D-630 Latitude Options on start at least or Get the External Screen to work to see what might be going on Wifi Power Bluetooth Battery and HD buttons light up on the Right- Dell Latitude D-630 Backlight but no display ON the Far Left - one of the lights with the lock icon is light up I have a feeling it might have something to do with the Factory Aluminum Shims nbsp under the Processor and Display Chip Makes no Difference with the RAM or Battery nbsp removed except that it definitely won t boot I always use the Adaptor for the Power I m not sure if Holding Down FN start is doing anything nbsp Sometimes I just nbsp see a nbsp BLACK Screen and don t hear anything Could it be running a Diagnostic and I don t know with just the Power Battery and Bluetooth light And if so- How long might it take Could it fix the problem - or just give me a message to let me know what the problem is- which I won t see Could I disable the keyboard- without disabling the power Can one of the Keyboard Ribbons Cables be cut and still enable the power Perhaps that might be of some help If so I could use an external keyboard

A:Dell Latitude D-630 Backlight but no display

DMMACKAY1,
You can click the link below to download the online user manual for troubleshooting help. It also provides information for removing/replacing parts.
Latitude D630 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals
The keyboard leds on the left side of the computer represent the following.
Starting from the Left LED and moving right.
The green lights located above the keyboard indicate the following:
The green lights located above the keyboard indicate the following:
This is an image of the Number Lock icon. Turns on when the numeric keypad is enabled. This is an image of the Caps Lock icon. Turns on when the Caps Lock function is enabled. This is an image of the Scroll Lock icon. Turns on when the Scroll Lock function is enabled.
Battery Status

If the computer is connected to an electrical outlet, the battery light operates as follows:

Solid green — The battery is charging.
Flashing green — The battery is almost fully charged.

If the computer is running on a battery, the battery light operates as follows:

Off — The battery is adequately charged (or the computer is turned off).
Flashing orange — The battery charge is low.
Solid orange — The battery charge is critically low.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990642
Relevancy 86%

Hi everyone I m a happy owner of Dell Latitude e i gb with discrete Nvidia card Moscow Russia Everything s great I absolutely love the machine but I did some hardware replacements after purchasing the laptop Y NBD warranty including the display because there were two spots with backlight e7450 Dell Latitude bleeding very noticeable BL bleeding effect www dropbox com AAAuKI-ZIphCHnN zWxOuBeUa However the replacement display turned out to be much worse in terms that BL bleeding affects almost half of the screen which is very noticeable when watching films or playing games www dropbox com AACpfISpdTxCGSg-wM A RMQa I requested a second replacement however this time it was denied quot Dell Latitude e7450 backlight bleeding Analysis of Field captures as well as service stock captures confirmed the light leakage is within Dell LCD design specifications there is no defect with the LCD panel or assembly Furthermore a certain light leakage is a normal phenomenon on FHD panels and due production and mechanical interference with the LCD bezel quot I asked tech support member why then they replaced it the first time as the display was much better and he stated it was some kind of exception at that time they also replaced motherboard and cooling system as well because of the high-pitched noise problem which is strange - either you have tech standards or you don t I m very disappointed as there s cleary too much bl bleeding and I still want a display replacement What can be done to achieve this I suppose arguing with the tech support isn t the best solution Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988286
Relevancy 86%

Hi,
I try to set my keyboard backlight to stay always on.
I tried to set up this on windows mobility center but i don't have this options.
I have installed windows 10 Pro 32 on my laptop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995347
Relevancy 81.27%

Looking for a second opinion on a fault with my laptop When I switch it on all I get Blank - on) D630 Latitude screen backlight (but is a blank screen with the backlight on The HDD Bluetooth and Caps Lock lights all come on and the I can hear the CD DVD powering on nbsp and the fan spinning but nothing happens I get nothing onscreen as if its not posting booting I have tried powering the laptop on with the battery HDD and memory DIMMs removed but made no difference I have also reseated those components as Latitude D630 - Blank screen (but backlight on) well as the display cable but that made no difference If I power on the laptop while holding down the quot D quot key the screen turns various colours so I believe the screen inverter isn t at fault I think this fault points towards the system board being at fault Does anyone else think this One thing I recall is that before I turned it off the laptop froze briefly nbsp and the display had faint thick pink lines going down it Is that relevant Any guidance is much appreciated

A:Latitude D630 - Blank screen (but backlight on)

Hi iLap,
I request you to connect an external monitor and check if there is display on it.
I also recommend you to shut the system down and press and hold the ‘Fn’ key on the keyboard and press the power button.  This will launch Diagnostics on the system, Please reply to this post with the status to assist you further.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19483790
Relevancy 79.55%

On my new Latitude E7470, I have noticed a slight variation in colour temperature or tint on the left and right sides of the screen, more so on the left. It is not severe by any means, but definitely noticeable when, for example, editing two word documents side by side. See pic below:

I guess what I'm asking is: is this normal? If not, can I expect it to be fixed with a screen replacement?
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982254
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello,

I'm having problems with a Toshiba C50D-A-133.
It's s pretty new looking laptop, and had a cracked screen.
I ordered a new screen with the same part numbers and assumed it would be a straightforward job.

I'm not getting any backlight with any screens I connect. I've tried several, and replaced the display cable with no joy. I've checked the motherboard, and there's no damaged pins etc.

The display is working, I can see the Toshiba logo on boot and it works with an external monitor.

My thinking is that with the old screen getting cracked, it's maybe shorted a resistor or something in the backlight circuit.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there any way to remedy it?

A:Satellite C50D-A-133 - Screen Replacement - No Backlight

I?m a little bit confused about one statement.
You said the display works and you can see the Toshiba splash screen.

To me this means that everything has been connected properly.

In my opinion you should check the display output function. Usually you can switch between the external and internal display using the function key (in my case FN + F5)

Please check if you could enable the display using the special function key.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79233-Satellite-C50D-A-133-Screen-Replacement-No-Backlight
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi Over the past year since I upgraded the memory on my IBM R Thinkpad I have had intermittent problems with my screen blacking out It s not completely gone just extremely dim but I can make out the things on screen by using a torch At first I was able to trigger it back by leaving the lid open and never closing it taking all the usbs and plugs out of the back or re-starting it However it seems like nothing I do will trigger it on now I ve done a search and apparently the commonest cause is that the inverter needs replacing Would this seem like a sensible thing inverter IBM - black.. Thinkpad screen Backlight replacement? to buy http cgi ebay co uk IBM-Thinkpad- goryZ QQrdZ QQssPageNameZWD VQQcmdZViewItem The only thing I m thinking now is IBM Thinkpad - Backlight screen black.. inverter replacement? i ve had IBM Thinkpad - Backlight screen black.. inverter replacement? this laptop for years now I m not sure if it s worth fixing or upgrading anymore I mean I love it just cos it s lasted this long i ve upgraded the memory from mb to mb and i ve bought a wireless card for it but would it be worth trying to buy and fix myself a new inverter or just buy a new laptop Thanks nbsp

A:IBM Thinkpad - Backlight screen black.. inverter replacement?

Well the most common things would be the inverter board you linked to, or the backlight bulb itself.

If the laptop still suits your needs, in terms of performance than its much cheaper to just fix this one, than buy another laptop of similar quality.

The great think about IBM is the great support. Here is a link to the hardware manual for the R30 model.
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-39797.html
It should tell you how to get at the inverter and bulb.

Even if you do get a new laptop, its still worth it to fix this one up as a backup laptop. 20-30 pounds and a couple hours to fix it isn't that bad.

And i believe its called a flashlight not a torch. You could burn the house down with a torch

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpad-backlight-screen-black-inverter-replacement.629180/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Everyone! I bought this nice little Dell Latitude D420. The battery seemed to be working great until I took it out. When I put it back in it was dead and has been dead ever since. Im not real sure what casued it to die so I purchased another battery on eBay that didnt fit. Im not sure if the seller just had the wrong information. My question is how do I know what battery will replace the original Dell battery I have. On the battery it says Type GG386, Rating 11.1V, Capacity 42 Wh. Im not sure what all that means. It also says to replace only with Dell battery module types JG172, GG386, KG046. The battery I bought was the GG386 but the pins would not fit. Is there anything else I need to know before trying to buy another battery? Anything will help. Thanks!!!!

Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Toshiba Portege Z835 P330 ultrabook. I accidently broke the old screen and ordered a replacement from laptopscreen.com My original 14" screen was a samsung model. The one laptopscreen.com sent me was an LG. The First LG screen I received partially worked as in I could see graphics, but no backlight. I sent the screen back for an exchange, and they mailed me a replacement. Same problem: Graphics, but no backlight at all. I am perplexed. What could the issue be? I've quadruple checked the connection and restarted the laptop multiple times. It doesn't appear the video cable is damaged.

The Samsung model # of my original screen is LTN133AT25-T01
The LG Model # of the "compatible" replacement is LP133WH2

Any insight would be appreciated as im not looking forward to hashing it out with the laptopscreen.com tech anymore. Thanks

A:Backlight not working on replacement LED Screen Toshiba Portege z835

There are two types of laptop LCD displays: older versions that use a separate fluorescent backlight bulb with an inverter, and newer models that use a true LED backlight integral with the display screen.
Do you know which type your laptop uses? Pure LED backlit screens with have only one ribbon cable to it. CCFL screens will have a second connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/288236-backlight-not-working-replacement-led-screen-toshiba-portege-z835.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello.
I need to replace my old HDD in Latitude E6230.
I found in local store one model of 500 Gb HDD, but I need to be sure if it is compatible with my E6230.
Does Seagate Momentus 5400.6 (ST9500325AS, PN: 9HH134-500) compatible with Dell Latitude E6230?
Thanks beforehand.

A:Dell Latitude E6230 HDD (hard drive) replacement

Yes, it'll work just fine in that system.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991443
Relevancy 72.67%

HI DELL Support
I have a DELL E6420 with a faulty LED screen (WLED 1366 x 768). I notice that the E6420 also has an anti-glare  HD+ screen option (1600 x 900). Can I replace my faulty screen with the higher resolution screen?

A:Latitude E6420 screen replacement 1366x768 to 1600x900

Yes, assuming you get a screen known to be compatible with the system (don't just buy any screen - notebooks work only with those screens they ship with from the factory!)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19450722
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi Greetings I would like to ask for your assistance because I m already out of ideas how to resolve this issue Right after I powered up the laptop E5450 screen dell Latitude start logo after up blank DELL it will get past the DELL logo screen then it will be completely just black screen I wouldn t even hear any activity from the CPU fan HDD and pressing DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up the Caps Lock doesn t lit up the LED The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator but none for HDD Battery and Wireless Here are the steps that I have done so far Removed the HDD and Battery then press amp hold the power button for at least - seconds to disperse the internal voltage Then attach the Battery but not the HDD Press and hold Fn and then the Power button hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility Press F or F while booting up Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo I do hope that you could assist me on this Thank you so much

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988623
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi there The backlight of the screen constantly turns nbsp off when I m using it It happens with and without the charger connected and it mostly happens when the computer s battery reaches to around the of charge Dell turns inspiron screen 5437 backlight off The main problem is that without the backlight the image is barely visible but I know Dell inspiron 5437 backlight screen turns off this is not an issue of nbsp my Dell inspiron 5437 backlight screen turns off system turning off beacuse nbsp if a put a lamp in front of the screen i nbsp can barely see my desktop and my mouse moving I ve restored to Factory nbsp updated nbsp the nbsp BIOS the graphics nbsp card driver and the chipset as suggested in this post en community dell com and the problem still goes on I ve already made the test of connecting a external monitor nbsp to the laptop when the screen is black and the image nbsp IS visible in the external monitor Also is worth to mention that this is not an hardware issue i ve already taken it to a repair store and I ve runned the Dell Diagnostic support and both said that the hardware is in optimal conditions Thank you in advance for your support

A:Dell inspiron 5437 backlight screen turns off

ttt

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996571
Relevancy 70.52%

Title says it all really guys, a friend has given me his Dell Insiron 1501 which still displays, however it's nearly impossible to see anything because the screen is just soooo dark, almost as if the backlighting has died, now the question is do I order a new 15.4 LCD for 75! or a inverter for 6? what exactly does the inverter do?

Thanks in advance!

A:No backlight in Dell Insiron 1501 - inverter or screen?

Anybody have any idea's?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-backlight-in-dell-insiron-1501-inverter-or-screen.166613/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I bought a nbsp Dell Inspiron Series laptop around about November time last year and after a BIOS update a couple months ago or so it now will randomly go to a black screen but the backlight is still on nbsp The BIOS update being near the Series Dell 15, Inspiron Laptop Backlight Screen Still Black with On 7000 - time that this began to happen may be a coincidence but it was the only real change during this period On this black screen I have no cursor Black Screen with Backlight Still On - Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 Series Laptop and none of the buttons on my keyboard do anything The only solution I ve found is to hold in the power button to shut the whole system down nbsp There doesn t seem to be a particular pattern as to when this problem occurs it will just randomly go black This has happened around about times in the past few months All the events did occur late at night though past midnight Black Screen with Backlight Still On - Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 Series Laptop However this could just be because I usually sit on my laptop longer at night time and therefore that increases the chances of it happening Due to many quot Black Screen Crashing quot problems with Windows - that aren t Black Screen with Backlight Still On - Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 Series Laptop the same as my problem - a google search did not help nbsp System Specs are as follows nbsp System Model Inspiron OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Mode UEFI Ram - GB Graphics Card - GeForce GTX m Thanks Steven

A:Black Screen with Backlight Still On - Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 Series Laptop

Try system diagnostics to see if it finds any problem in the components:

Press F12 after power on
Select diagnostics.

You can also check Windows Event Viewer for any error message that was logged when the black screen crash happened.

Window-X => Event Viewer

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984068
Relevancy 67.51%

Recently i started getting a green screen and a dual screen on my monitor The system works fine but dual screen and the green makes it hard to read Sometimes it works fine when i run diagnostics for couple of hours but Screen Screen BSOD - Dual Green 630 Monittor Dell Latitude and now even that is not working when everything works fine the system automatically shuts down giving a blue screen BSOD when i checked the problem and solution i got the below message that thr are problems Please suggest Green Screen - BSOD and Dual Screen Monittor Dell Latitude 630 me something Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe Green Screen - BSOD and Dual Screen Monittor Dell Latitude 630 the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of ... Read more

A:Green Screen - BSOD and Dual Screen Monittor Dell Latitude 630

Uninstall the video driver from safe mode either from add or remove programs or device manager.

reboot back to normal and install the update display adpater.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/green-screen-bsod-and-dual-screen-monittor-dell-latitude-630.829972/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,

My laptop: Dell Latitude E5550 - 15.6" FHD - Core i5 5300U - Intel HD Graphics 5500 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB HDD.

Does anybody know what drivers/software is responsible for displaying On Screen Volume and Screen Brightness Indicator (while pressing Fn+F2,F3,...) ?

What I've found so far that the Dell QuickSet may does the work (link to this solution: No Level Indicator When Using Keyboard Audio Volume Controls), but I couldn't find a compatible version of this soft with Dell Latitude E5550.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/387210-dell-latitude-e5550-screen-volume-screen-brightness-indicator.html
Relevancy 66.65%

What do you do if your Dell Latitude w/ 233 processor won't offer you a set up screen? The laptop works fine..but at start up....pressing fn +F1 or F2 doesn't put you into set up mode? Thanks! Bill

Relevancy 66.22%

Dell Latitude CPi, Win 98 se, Screen displays wide black curvy lines, looks like static, sometimes very bad, sometimes a little . Can run for hours ok, then starts to show, or can start at boot up. I was told that if battery was not up to par this could happen, ran on ac only, battery only, combo still same results. Any suggestions will be appreciated Thanks Paul

Relevancy 66.22%

i recently purchased a second hand dell cheep and now the display has kinda blue lines through it i have a dell inspiron they are both model PP L is the actual display the same will the mobo interchange from one to the other it seems a waste to forfeit both computers when one is a two ghz system i would rather put the mobo in the inspiron it Latitude Dell issues screen looks cooler but form follows function i know that there are enough dells out there saturating the market somebody has replaced or noticed its similarities such as the connector from the display or mounting socket or it s if it is the display maybe Dell Latitude screen issues i can swap them out im thinking its the actual piece of tape or ribbon connector but the inspiron has a smaller board that connects to the mobo i dont know as of yet whether they will interchange on the outside there s not much difference Dell Latitude screen issues what do you think as always thanks nbsp

A:Dell Latitude screen issues

eyemfedup2 said:

but the inspiron has a smaller board that connects to the moboClick to expand...

The latitude should also have this "Inverter" board, if they are different then its likely they are not interchangeable
By the way, I suspect the orange flat ribbon cable only

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-screen-issues.139601/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

My Dell Latitude LS screen has a vertical single pixel width line where the pixels only show the color neon green or some flashy green shad only. Is there a way to fix those pixel. In the strict sense these are not dead pixels because they do light up but they do not show anything. I have found websites suggesting, I squeeze, or massage that particular area of the screen while the LCD is on and off and then on. But that does squat for my laptop. Does anyone have any suggestions or may have come across a similar problem. Thanks in advance.

A:Dell Latitude LS LCD Screen Probs

Hi and welcome to Techspot. Is the laptop within warranty? this sounds like something Dell would replace.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-ls-lcd-screen-probs.65910/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi There
is there anyone out there that can solve me Dell D 600 screen problem as it doesnt seem to power up, all the base powers up ok but not the screen, any ideas or is it an expensive repair or exchange.

A:Dell D 600 Latitude Screen Problem

I don't know about laptops, but my desktop LCD monitor acted the same way - only black screen with power light blinking, but the computer was booting up properly. The monitor is still under warranty, (3-year warranty) so I sent it in for repair (at a shipment cost to me of $30). From what I could learn on the web, LCD monitors often suffer from capacitors going bad among other things. I don't know how much repairs cost, however several sites indicate it is fairly expensive just to work on them - from $115 up. See link for one price list of repair.

http://www.moniserv.com/doc/pricelist.html

I hope yours is still under warranty. Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-d-600-latitude-screen-problem.693851/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a couple of problems with my new college laptop, a latitude D810. Every time I startup my computer, windows seems to be shuffling through the resolutions, starting in 800x600 to the standard 1680x1050. This wasn't a problem until recently, when after I updated the drivers (from the dell website), windows keeps getting stuck in 800x600 coming out of hibernation.

(On a side note, I also think this is making my welcome screen and everything on it ENORMOUS. When I was setting up Windows the first time I fired up the laptop, I couldn't even see the next and finish buttons!)

Another problem is that the display properties requires that I reboot after every resolution resize I try to apply the settings. Now, I clearly remember I didn't have to do that before.

Thanks

PS-Keep the explanation simple for now, I have no idea how advanced this might get.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d810-screen.393645/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I have a dell latitude d630 running windows 7. The screen has a horizontal line running through the middle and the same screen shows at the top and bottom. Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-screen-issue.1083209/
Relevancy 65.79%

Our company recently purchased new Latitude 3570 laptops , we installed Windows 10 Enterprise to all laptops , but I noticed that  all laptops keyboard lights are not tuned on .
So I tried to fn key combination with all keys (F7,F10 , arrows, ETC,, didn`t find an fn combination to turn on backlights , I Also made sure we downloaded all drivers form DELL support site .
Please advice 

Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994167
Relevancy 65.36%

Windows 7 64 bit pro installed. Actually the computer often suddenly restarts without a reason. Today got a blue screen. I followed your instructions and collected the attached files. It would be highly appreciated if you can help in any way.

A:Got blue screen in my Dell Latitude laptop

Hi -

The 3 BSODs are USB related.

Run Driver Verifier - Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista (BSOD-related)

Driver Verifier needs to run 24 hours minimum or BSOD.

Upon BSOD, re-run the jcgriff2 BSOD app - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Also, run Speccy - http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy
- "File" | "Publish Snapshot" | Paste URL into your next post

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Wed Oct 17 14:45:49.546 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\101712-16489-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.17017.amd64fre.win7_gdr.120503-2030
System Uptime: 0 days 0:20:30.888
BugCheck D1, {fffffa000bad0018, 2, 0, fffff8800427a075}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbehci.sys
Probably caused by : usbehci.sys ( usbehci+6075 )
Bugcheck code 000000d1
Arguments fffffa00`0bad0018, memory referenced 00000000`00000002, IRQL 00000000`00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation fffff880`0427a075, address which referenced memory
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xD1_usbehci+6075
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Oct 15 05:35:49.701 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\101512-15834-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 1:02:59.669
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbhub.sys
BugCheck FE, {8, 6, 6, fffffa8006b4a000}
Probably caused by : usbhub.sys ( usbhub+129ec )
Bugcheck code 000000fE
Arguments 00000000`00000008, USBBUGCODE_RESERVED_USBHUB 00000000`00000006, USBHUB_TRAP_FATAL_TIMEOUT 00000000`00000006, TimeoutCode: Timeout_PCE_Disable_Action - PortData->PortChangeListDone - Timeout trying to set Disable bit fffffa80`06b4a000, TimeoutContext - PortData
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xFE
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xFE_usbhub+129ec
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Oct 5 01:09:36.821 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\100412-22682-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:39.179
BugCheck FE, {5, fffffa8005bb01a0, 80861c26, fffffa800689dc48}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbehci.sys
Probably caused by : usbehci.sys ( usbehci+5fac )
Bugcheck code 000000fE
Arguments 00000000`00000005, USBBUGCODE_INVALID_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS The host controller is a physical memory address that was not allocated by SBport driver. fffffa80`05bb01a0, Device extension pointer of the host controller 00000000`80861c26, PCI Vendor,Product id for the controller fffffa80`0689dc48, Pointer to Endpoint data structure
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xFE
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xFE_usbehci+5fac

J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP (jcgriff2)

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Griffith

jcgriff2 - Sysnative Forums

www.jcgriff2.com

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/got-blue-screen-in-my-dell-latitude-laptop-671185.html
Relevancy 65.36%

hya
i have had my dell latitude for about 2-3 years now and over the last 3 weeks the screen (if not put in one certain place) turns white from the top left corner on words . i believe that the LCD screen has be dislodge from the bottom but people have said that it may be the graphics card. i need help please. also, i have heard that if i atatch a moniter to the laptop and the problem continues it is quite possibley the LCD screen. i dont know what to do. i can not tell my mother becuase i will be shouted at for " breaking" it but it is not my fault.
if you could tell me how this has happend and how to fix it i will be forever greatful
thanks
Technoob2011
sorry if this is in the wrong section

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d630-screen-goes-white.990948/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a 3 year old dell latitude d830 and everytime i turn it on the screen goes pink with a variety of thin colourful vertical lines through it. This is as far as it goes, i cannot get it to go to the regular start up screen or any other.
I know the battery is currently fried so i have to keep it plugged in for it to work, could that have anything to do with this? or is it another matter?
Thank you.

A:Dell Latitude D830 does not go further than the start up screen

Maybe u should try remove the whole battery and then plug the charger directly, if your pc turns on with the same issue, then it's not the battery.

Try to plug your laptop to an external monitor. if the display is normal on the external display then your screen is bad.
Check to see that there is no other sign of abnormality, such as after-POST beep or the activity LEDs.
I hope it should be this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d830-does-not-go-further-than-the-start-up-screen.137729/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello!,
Is there any hope to recover data from this laptop? It is a Dell Latitude D620. I get a blue screen even if I try to reinstall Windows XP . The blue windows appears as soon as the laptop tries to install the CD on the hard drive. I ran the diagnostic test and get three error codes: 0F00:1A44, 0F00:0244, and 0F00:075D. Is this a dead hard drive?.....or, is this just something that can be fixed or classified as "software related"? Thanks for your help!

A:Blue Screen on Dell Latitude D620

What test generates the codes?
Have you run the HD test?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-dell-latitude-d620.933715/
Relevancy 65.36%

I just reloaded windows 98 back on computer, after formating and partitioning hard drive. now my screen resolution wont go higher than640x480. I have windows xp on seperate partition and the resolution while in xp is fine. when i check the properties of the adapters/drivers, they are different. setup says my display is for a ati radeon mobility but i cant find a adapter/driver that will work in 98.

A:dell latitude c610 screen resolution

You have to install your video card drivers. go to www.ati.com and select the "Drivers and Downloads". You should be able to find a copy there. If not, go to www.driverguide.com and sign up. It is free and offers thousands of drivers. You will find it there if nothing else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-c610-screen-resolution.79305/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, im new to the forum.

i currently own an older dell latitude cpx laptop, its fairly outdated, i know but im currently running it off of my wireless router, i have a d-link wireless-g adapter in my pcmcia slot, but when i boot my laptop with it, i get blue screen errors, but if unplug it and boot it up then plug in my adapter, it works perfect, i know its not a big deal to just plug it n after i boot up but i was wondering if i could fix this?? the laptop has xp pro sp 2

thanks in advance

A:Dell Latitude cpx, blue screen at start-up

Look for type of error on the blue screen and write it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-cpx-blue-screen-at-start-up.615366/
Relevancy 65.36%

A new Dell Latitude, Win 7 ( seems diff version from my older inspiron.) Anyhow, capturing audio, via Audicity, from youtube album track 'videos'. Every once in awhile, ?random? , the screen will flash, like the flash on a camera! I have postit notes over the camera and mic's. ANY clues what causes it ( and how to prevent it ) Thanks any and all.

A:New Dell Latitude screen flash - because you'se guys know all

I would be contacting Dell. That sounds more like a hardware problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398222-new-dell-latitude-screen-flash-because-youse-guys-know-all.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am trying to fix a friends Dell D600 Latitude Laptop.

They are not very good with computers, and they thought it had a virus so gave it to me to look at.

But when i try to turn it on all the lights light up and it makes a sound like it is going to boot, but doesnt actually boot up. The screen is completely blank. I have taken out the memory and put it back in, tried pressing every F button and using Fn which some people suggested online.

But nothing works, i have also tried putting in the XP disc and also connecting it to another monitor and pressing Fn +F8 but still nothing.

I don't want to give up on it. :(

I am not a computer expert but it makes a noise when i press it on, so to me it still has life

Is there anything i can do??

Thanks.

J

A:Dell Latitude D600 black screen.

Hi and welcome to TSF can you get to the bios by tapping the del key or enter key when booting

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-d600-black-screen-661665.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Can somebody please help? Keyboard back-light not working since the installation of windows 8.1. It was working totally fine on windows 7. Installed the Dell control point application but it didn't helped.
It flickers on its own sometime but that's all. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990175
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm trying to help a friend with his Dell Latitude D Win xp pro I'm a rank amateur but know enough to get myself in trouble This notebook has no cd dvd drive or floppy drive just usb When you power it on goes past the DELL splash screen then comes up to 'windows did not start successfully blah blah blah death Dell - d410 of screen blue Latitude and gives me the choices of safe mode with networking with command prompt last known good config or start windows normally tried them all and it keeps coming up to the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH x B xF xc x x I even swapped in a known Dell Latitude d410 - blue screen of death good hard drive and came up to the same BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH I removed the D original hard drive and tried hooking it into my main Dell Studio XPS wind computer to try to access the file system it did not see the drive I then hook it into a good running Dell D Win xp laptop it took a good number of minutes for the Dell Latitude d410 - blue screen of death drive to show up but I couldn't access it I did double-check the known good hard drive by cabling it to other computers and was able to access with no problem and then returned it to it's rightful place in it's properly running laptop I did a search for Create bootable USB drives the easy way and downloaded RUFUS http rufus akeo ie but when I plugged in the RUFUS loaded usb hit F to boot menu chose USB invalid or damaged bootable partition came up Any ideas

A:Dell Latitude d410 - blue screen of death

Do you have all the updates? 
Some BSOD can also be caused by malware/virus infections. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520596/dell-latitude-d410-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 64.5%

The screen panel hinges on a Dell Latitude C610 I have are EXTREMELY loose. Everything else about the system is perfectly fine, it was my main computer for about ten months. But if the screen is not propped against a wall or something, it will fall open or fall shut every single time. Balance the screen in a perfectly vertical position, sure, but if someone walks by or closes a door it will fall open or fall shut. Really annoying. People have actually told me to use duct tape or super glue. Is there an easy, step-by-step guide to (ideally) fixing, or (if not) replacing these hinges? Thanks in advance

A:dell latitude c610 really loose screen hinges

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc610/sm_en/index.htm

Or, more specifically:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc610/sm_en/display.htm#1001090

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-c610-really-loose-screen-hinges.587059/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I have just purchased a Dell Latitude E quot and I am having some problems with its screen It is a matte IPS full hd screen and after using it just for a few hours i had enormous eye strain- happened for the first time in my life my eye sight is just fine btw I did calibration and tests Problem Latitude with screen E5450 Dell 14" and adjustments and updated dell drivers Still I have enormous eye strain back home i also own viewsonic matte ips quot monitor and never had problem with looking at it for hours The only thing I can definitely say is that I think the screen has sharpness issues based on www lagom nl sharpness php it Problem with Dell Latitude E5450 14" screen fails this test miserably and according Problem with Dell Latitude E5450 14" screen to this test the sharpness is too low Could this be causing my eye strain and if yes is there any way to improve that I am surprised that my year old Dell Inspiron quot almost passed this test perfectly Also I find the colors on Latitude screen too saturated And I have the feeling there is too much Problem with Dell Latitude E5450 14" screen magenta or even blue Did anyone have same or similar problems I really like my new Latitude but I don t see the point in keeping it if I cannot use it more then hours per day Any help is really appreciated

A:Problem with Dell Latitude E5450 14" screen

I forgot to mention that I have an integrated graphic card - Intel HD Graphics 5500
Upon reading Intel forums, I found out that one user was complaining about the same thing, but after apparently updating his drivers (on Lenovo ThinkPad). When he reinstalled the old drivers, the eye strain was gone.
So I disabled my Intel Graphics drivers - e voila, no more eye strain!
Still though, that sharpness test is failing....
Any thoughts?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19680755
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey all A few months ago I got an old mhz dell latitude model PMP just to be able to program pi micro-controllers at school So I didn t need much power or a cd or floppy drive or any thing special so I just got this little striped down one on ebay I got all the gray total Latitude screen Dell to boots software and drivers I needed to program and It was working great but since it was old the battery would only hold a charge for an hour or so and shut it self off One day me and my friend decided to just turn it back on impatiently after it shut off and it came on and stayed on for an hour or so Dell Latitude boots to total gray screen I thought this was great and I could just do this all the time but of course after a hour or so it just died from loss of power Any way when I plugged it back in and turned it on it booted up to a completely grey screen and thats what it has done ever since Now when you turn it on it makes one short little click and brings up a grey screen no bios screen or password prompter once so ever and if you wait about a minute or so it beeps times and restarts and does the same thing over I tried cntl alt del cntl alt enter hitting the button that brings up the bios and even taking it apart and unplugging the cmos battery and nothing helps I realize that this thing is just a old piece of junk and I did something really stupid but I would still like to get it working again mostly out of curiosity Like resetting the bios or something Any help is Much Appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Dell Latitude boots to total gray screen

This is a laptop right? Have you tried connecting and external monitor to see if it displays properly? Maybe the system RAM has died

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-boots-to-total-gray-screen.111433/
Relevancy 64.5%

my dell latitude e6420 screen goes blank and stays blank when it has to boot from the internal hhd or usb or even cd, i can not even run diagnostic test. all my laptop can do now is go to Bios settings. it turns and stays blank when not at bois. plz help me...very urgent.

A:my dell latitude e6420 screen goes blank when it has to boot

Hi notyme,
Welcome to the Community.
Unplug the adapter and the battery. Press and hold power button for 20 seconds. Plugin the adapter. Press and hold “Fn” key while turning on the system. Hold it down until the diagnostic starts. For more information click the link mentioned below:
http://dell.to/RO1v0p
Please refer to the link mentioned below for information on error codes:
http://dell.to/12IFoz8
Thanks & RegardsManshu S#iworkfordell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19516175
Relevancy 64.5%

Woke up the computer and all I got was a black screen and a white arrow (mouse cursor). Safe Mode all Version Give the Same. Can only use the computer from bootable media and the repair option under F8. Not sure what programs I need to download / run. Typing this on a different computer. Ran Superantivirus from a Hirens Boot USB and it found things on drive "X" ( likely false positives) and the cookies. Last working did not change anything. Awaiting your answer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632031/black-screen-of-death-win-7-dell-latitude-d620/
Relevancy 64.5%

Today, I was (trying) to upload files on a Micro SD card. I went to "My Computer" and clicked the storage device. It stopped responding, so I ended the program. All the icons disappeared, so I shut down the laptop. When I booted it back up, it did the little windows thing with the logo and blue bars. It then asked me "Start Windows Normally, Last Known Settings, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Safe Mode with Networking, and Safe Mode." I selected "Safe Mode" and it flashed a Blue Screen error and went back to the Windows logo with blue bars scrolling. I then tried selecting all the other options. It still would flash the blue screen error. I need help!

A:Blue Screen Error - Dell Latitude D800

If it won't boot into Safe Mode, some of the XP core files are corrupt or there is a hardware issue. Try booting from your XP CD and perform a repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-error-dell-latitude-d800-383623.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, my dell laptop won't boot. no beep codes, and I have 2 different LED POST codesWhen charger is plugged in the code is
ON-FLASH-ON or SOLID-BLINKING-SOLID
When charger is unplugged, battery only:
ON-FLASH-FLASH or SOLID-BLINKING-BLINKING (the blinks are not the same time, they alternate)

And after some time of trying, the laptop will boot but error will be shown which is this
if I run the diagnostics, result will show that memory is okay, but it will fail the test when it is testing the hard drive.

Is this a motherboard problem? I tried re-seating the RAM but same problem with occur.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994441
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

When I start my Pc, the splash screen appears and the the bar at the bottom of the screen fills up as normal, then it starts again and continues in this cycle.

Any ideas!

A:Dell Latitude D830 splash screen keeps reappearing

Failed hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d830-splash-screen-keeps-reappearing.159193/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm not actually trying to install a new Windows,What might be the cause to this problem and what are the solution to fixing it? Thanks ahead.

A:Blue Screen STOP = 0x0000007B Dell Latitude E6430s

It isn't clear what the problem is - are you in fact reloading the OS?  Or does the blue screen come up spontaneously?  If so - when?  At boot?  At random?
The leading suspects for blue screen stops are failing hard drives or bad RAM - run an extended system diagnostic (F12 at powerup).  If you require further information, post any error codes that arise.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987169
Relevancy 64.07%

My dell latitude is showing strange colors across the screen and there are lines going up and down sometimes. When I restart the computer the loading windows screen shows up as normal but when it gets any further it is all messed up. Any suggestions how to fix this? I checked the control panel and everything seems to be fine there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485560/help-dell-latitude-d820-weird-colorslines-through-screen/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have my power scheme set to the defaults when on battery power but all power and screen settings to quot Never quot when plugged in and charging The cell oversized battery is in good working order I have an administrator and user password set and I also have it set to flash the password screen upon waking from sleep mode Yet to Latitude unexpectedly BSOD Dell goes NOT Login Blue Screen if I leave the running machine unattended for a time I return to find it at the blue password login screen It's not sleeping because all the processes are working in the background even downloads are Dell Latitude goes to Blue Login Screen unexpectedly NOT BSOD not interrupted If I login it goes right back to what it is doing in the background so there's no delay or loss of data It's just weird and disconcerting Anybody know what I set to cause this I've had many Dell's and Windows OS but have never seen this behavior before Dell Latitude E Windows Pro bit SP BIOS A New HDD Seagate Momentus GB rpm Just Clean Installed new OS on new HDD all updated no problems runs perfectly Chipset ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Northbridge Intel Havendale Clarkdale Host Bridge rev Southbridge Intel QM rev Graphic Interface PCI-Express PCI-E Link Width x PCI-E Max Link Width x Memory Type DDR Memory Size GBytes Channels Dual Symmetric Hardware monitor Battery Voltage Volts x Current Voltage Capacity mWh x Designed Capacity Capacity mWh x D Full Charge Capacity Capacity mWh x B A Current Capacity Level pc x D Wear Level Level pc x D Charge Level Number of adapters Graphic APIs ------------------------------------------------------------------------- API NVIDIA I O API NVIDIA NVAPI Display Adapters ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display adapter Name NVIDIA NVS M Board Manufacturer x x B Revision B Codename GT Technology nm Memory size MB Memory type DDR PCI device bus x device x function x Vendor ID x DE x Model ID x A C x B Performance Level Default Core clock MHz Shader clock MHz Memory clock MHz Performance Level D Desktop Core clock MHz Shader clock MHz Memory clock MHz Performance Level D Applications Core clock MHz Shader clock MHz Memory clock MHz Win VideoController AdapterRAM x Win VideoController DriverVersion Win VideoController DriverDate Monitor Model ID LGD B Serial Manufacturing Date Week Year Size inches Max Resolution x Hz Horizontal Freq Range - kHz Vertical Freq Range - Hz Max Pixel Clock MHz Gamma Factor Software ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Version Microsoft Windows Professional -bit Service Pack Build DirectX Version

A:Dell Latitude goes to Blue Login Screen unexpectedly NOT BSOD

Hi my first thought that it went into hybernating. But you would have to move mouse or press a key to wake it so do not think it's that. But you could check anyways.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389429-dell-latitude-goes-blue-login-screen-unexpectedly-not-bsod.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello!
I have problem with unable video from buil-in screen. I used external monitor with last driver video adapter (10.18.14.4432 ,A17) - it works, used earlier drivers - it works, buil-in screen - not works.
Used drivers from site dell and with utility Intel Driver Update Utility (Version: 2.6.1.4)
BIOS version A13
P.S. Called to Dell. Service engineer dell to replacement motherboard and said to find another drivers.
But where I can to found another drives like not from Dell and Intel?
Please help. Thank you for any help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19990846
Relevancy 64.07%

hello my friends got a quick question for you i have a dell latitude e6430 i wiped it stuck on a fresh windows 7 and well all going great apart from one small problem when i plug in and out my ac power jack the screen goes black for a second or 2 it happens when i plug in and pull out both dont know what is causing this do u have any ideas

A:dell latitude e6430 screen gose black for 2 seconds

Hello Joseph mate I take it this is not your main machine or at all? The Dell site as always not helpful but I would suggest downloading and installing the driver for the graphics from Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/sea...+graphics+4000
I always use manufacturers site rather than the Windows feature because I am not so sure it is that reliable. Now you might get a message that says the download is older than what is installed and in that case leave it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372288-dell-latitude-e6430-screen-gose-black-2-seconds.html
Relevancy 64.07%

The split screen starts when the laptop is powered on. I have uninstalled the video card, didn't work. I have clean installed Windows10 and formatted the disc, didn't work. I have went all through the settings and control panel. I have looked at all options in the BIOS setup. Is there a way to to factory reset, not restore, from an iso file to before any windows os was ever installed? I am extremely frustrated with trying to find a solution on my own so I am asking the community for help. If you know of a solution please let me know. Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19994724
Relevancy 64.07%

I need to replace my laptop screen. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505. It has a 15.4 inch screen. I see that there are a lot of Dell models with this size screen which are a lot less exspensive. Anyone know if I can use any screen as long as it's the correct size? Or do I have to use the screen specifically made for my laptop? Thanks.

A:Dell E1505 Replacement Screen

You would be best to only use the specified screen, the interface may be very different between models.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-e1505-replacement-screen.603847/
Relevancy 64.07%

My wife's work laptop has a crack diagonally across the screed, it cracked simply falling on a recliner.

Can anyone give me instructions on how to change the screen? Also, where to find a cheap screen?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
TJ

A:Dell 620 Laptop screen replacement

Hey TJ,

You can try this LCD screen: http://www.papatek.com/Panel-141-Inch/Dell-Latitude-D620-LCD-Panel.html

As for replacement procedure, here is the service manual: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd620/en/SM/index.htm

Go to "Display Assembly." Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-620-laptop-screen-replacement.134269/
Relevancy 63.64%

hello i have both these dell and Dell e6430 latitude latitude e6420 laptops well i have bought a Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 e for my girlfriend as the other one she has is crap well i have read that these e get warm and well i found out they come with one pipe heatsink well Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 i heard u can upgrade the heatsink to a pipe one DUAL HEATPIPE heatsink DELL P N - TYP i was wondering what else do i need to do this as when i get this laptop its second hand i pro in it ghz im going to clean it out and put new paste on it put i hear people are on about this copper shim to put on it can this be done and well can i upgrade my dell latitude e i pro ghz heatsink with the Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 double heatsink as i know that one only comes with one pipe love you guys info if you guys can help me would be class thanks i got this info here GPU Temperature C on Latitude E - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

A:Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420

Joseph mate best leave as is after all it was made to function as it came. Now for the compound and copper shim personally I would not bother with the copper shim I can see no good reason for it the dual pipe again if it was made to work with one pipe then leave alone.

It is better if you renew the compound using a decent cleaner and compound and I can recommend these for that job

Arctic Silver Incorporated - ArctiClean for thorough cleaning and preparation and Arctic Silver Incorporated - Arctic Silver 5 for the compound.

Now it depends on who you listen to but I always use these products and after the old compound is thoroughly cleaned off and the surfaces prepped I spread the compound very thinly and across the both entire surface of the CPU and the heatsink with my finger inside a vinyl or latex glove and then place a rice grain sized piece of compound on the CPU and replace the heatsink. If you touch the surfaces after clean and prep then redo it.

While you are in there do make sure the fan and the radiator are really spotless and I sometimes relube the fan bearings to make sure the fan is running at full tilt when needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387845-dell-latitude-e6430-dell-latitude-e6420.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm able to get to a command line from a Win - retail install disk - and have tried sfc scannow but it hasn't fixed it - 'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations' If this is in the wrong forum please advise - not sure if that's because it's started from outside the original OS - awaiting delivery of recovery media shipped from Dell - - farbar recovery scan tool log below Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-MM RG V on - - Running from F Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial e6520 laptop screen of on Win7 death dell latitude 64 Black for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file Black screen of death on Win7 64 dell latitude e6520 laptop will not be moved HKLM Run Apoint gt C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe - - Alps Electric Co Ltd HKLM Run SysTrayApp gt C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI gt C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRAY exe - - Dell Inc HKLM Run FreeFallProtection gt C Program Files x STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP FF Protection exe - - HKLM Run TdmNotify gt C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Access Advanced Wave Trusted Drive Manager TdmNotify exe - - Wave Systems Corp HKLM Run DFEPApplication gt c Program Files Dell Feature Enhancement Pack DFEPApplication exe - - Dell Inc HKLM-x Run IMSS gt C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components IMSS PIconStartup exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run Dell Webcam Central gt C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run RemoteControl gt C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run PDVD LanguageShortcut gt C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run RoxWatchTray gt C Program Files x Common Files Roxio Shared OEM SharedCOM RoxWatchTray OEM exe - - Sonic Solutions HKLM-x Run Desktop Disc Tool gt C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe - - HKLM-x Run Client Access Service gt C Program Files x IBM Client Access cwbsvstr exe - - IBM Corporation HKLM-x Run GrooveMonitor gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run ISUSPM gt C ProgramData FLEXnet Connect isuspm exe - - Flexera Software LLC HKLM-x Run DNS reminder gt C Program Files x Nuance NaturallySpeaking Ereg Ereg exe - - Nuance Communications Inc HKLM-x Run openvpn-gui gt C Program Files x Sophos Sophos SSL VPN Client bin openvpn-gui exe - - HKLM-x Run WD Drive Unlocker gt C Program Files x Western Digital WD Security WDDriveAutoUnlock exe - - Western Digital HKLM-x Run WD Quick View gt C Program Files x Western Digital WD Quick View WDDMStatus exe - - Western Digital Technologies Inc HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run avgnt gt C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe - - Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG HKLM-x Run ControlCenter gt C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCcBoot exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run BrStsMon gt C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run IndexSearch gt C Program Files x Nuance PaperPort IndexSearch exe - - Nuance Commu... Read more

A:Black screen of death on Win7 64 dell latitude e6520 laptop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/573468 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573468/black-screen-of-death-on-win7-64-dell-latitude-e6520-laptop/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi All I m a newbie to this forum and I have what appears to be a serious issue When booting my Dell Latitude E there is a really loud noise coming from the left side of the computer what i think is the fan It s also very hot and the login screen freezes and I am unable to login I am however able to login in safe mode no problem and there is no noise or excess heat I thought that maybe the problem was related to my use Heat Screen Fan/Excess Latitude--Loud and From Dell Frozen Noise IS of the Anti-Virus program Avast so I uninstalled and used their uninstall utility I also ran MalwareBytes and Super Anti Spyware per other suggestions I had seen in forums I m copying my list of installed programs below---I allready cleaned out all of the temp files and deleted anything that Dell Latitude--Loud Noise From Fan/Excess Heat and Screen IS Frozen seemed iffy or not in use Please any Dell Latitude--Loud Noise From Fan/Excess Heat and Screen IS Frozen help would be hugely appreciated Thanks Bit HP CIO Components Installer Adobe AIR Adobe AIR Adobe Community Help Adobe Community Help Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Media Player Adobe Media Player Adobe Photoshop CS Adobe Reader X Advanced Audio FX Engine Apple Application Support Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update Bing Bar BioAPI Framework BitTorrent Bonjour Brother MFL-Pro Suite HL- DW Browntech Image Plugin Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client CyberLink PowerDVD CyberLink PowerDVD D DX Dell Control Point Dell ControlPoint Security Manager Dell ControlVault Host Components Installer Dell Embassy Trust Suite by Wave Systems Dell Security Device Driver Pack Dell Touchpad Dell Webcam Central Document Manager Lite EDGAR Online I-Metrix Excel Add-in - V EMBASSY Security Center EMBASSY Security Setup ESC Home Page Plugin FileZilla Client Gemalto Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer Google Update Helper HP Customer Participation Program HP Imaging Device Functions HP Photosmart Plus B a-m All-In-One Driver Software Rel HP Print Projects HP Smart Web Printing HP Solution Center HP Update iTunes Java TM Update JavaFX Junk Mail filter update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Mesh Runtime Messenger Companion Microsoft Office Access MUI English Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Enterprise Microsoft Office Enterprise Microsoft Office Excel MUI English Microsoft Office Groove MUI English Microsoft Office Groove Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office InfoPath MUI English Microsoft Office Live Meeting Microsoft Office OneNote MUI English Microsoft Office Outlook Connector Microsoft Office Outlook MUI English Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI English Microsoft Office Proof English Microsoft Office Proof French Microsoft Office Proof Spanish Microsoft Office Proofing English Microsoft Office Publisher MUI English Microsoft Office Shared MUI English Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Word MUI English Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS Add-in for Microsoft Office programs Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition ENU Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft VC ATL x Microsoft VC CRT x Microsoft VC MFC x Microsoft VC MFCLOC x Microsoft VC ATL x Microsoft VC CRT x Microsoft VC MFC x Mozilla Firefox x en-GB Mozilla Maintenance Service Mozilla Thunderbird x en-GB MSVCRT MSXML SP Parser Norton Security Scan NTRU TCG Software Stack Nuance PaperPort Nuance PDF Viewer Plus PaperPort Image Printer PDF Settings CS Picasa Preboot Manager Private Information Manager QuickTime Roxio Burn Roxio Burn Security Wizards Shop for HP Supplies Skype Toolbars Skype Spotify SUPERAntiSpyware Trusted Drive Manager UPEK TouchChip Fingerprint Reader Wave Infrastructure Installer Wave Support Software Windows Driver Package - Dell Inc PBADRV System Windows Live Communications Platform Windows Live Essentials Windows... Read more

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,
How i said in subject, my display had annoying ghost of closed apps windows or icons when opet other content.
I tried linux and windows 10 and both os go with weird shadow
That frustrate me so much

Please help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19985996
Relevancy 63.21%

The other day I started having a problem with the screen on my latitude d laptop After awhile of being on it would turn off Not the laptop itself just the screen I know this because I can hear the audio coming from the task I was to latitude d610 screen add issues Dell - also an monitor external unable working on This problem got progressively worse and now when I turn the screen on it only flickers on for about a fraction of a second before going back off I m not entirely concerned with getting that fixed although if you Dell latitude d610 screen issues - also unable to add an external monitor know what the problem is please do let me know My main concern is the fact that I cannot get an external monitor to work I have plugged in the VGA cable into my laptop and the external monitor and then I hold down the quot fn quot key and press the quot CRT-LCD quot button but nothing happens There is no problem with the VGA cable I m using or the monitor I m trying to use because I tried troubleshooting with another laptop and was able to get it to work on that second laptop The only thing I can think of is that maybe my d is not recognizing the VGA cable external monitor because after plugging the VGA into my d I do not get the quot device is connected quot chime that I would normally hear after connecting a device If you have any advice for me on what my problems could be or anything you think I might be able to do to try to correct the problem I d certainly appreciate it Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d610-screen-issues-also-unable-to-add-an-external-monitor.1035582/
Relevancy 63.21%

Someone I work with has a Dell Latitude D620 and the screen blanks while booting in normal mode when in the dock. Laptop boots normally when not docked.

When I try and boot (in normal mode) when docked, I see the black "XP Pro" screen loading (but don't see where I can press F2 to get into setup or F12 for boot menu) and then the screen goes blank.

I thought it may be a screen resolution issue and I backed off the resolution from 1440X900 to 1280X800 but still no luck. Refresh rate is 60hz I do get video when I boot into Safe mode, but not normal mode. Any ideas here?

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi... I wanted to know about the price of the screen of Dell studio 1555 and also the warranty info?
Right now I have a Glossy screen. i want to know if matte finish screen is also available ?

A:Screen Replacement Dell Studio 1555

Somewhere between $70 (low resolution) and $150 (FHD).  Both matte and glossy screens were offered;  most vendors will offer a 90-day warranty on everything except breakage.
parts-people.com is one reliable source of Dell original parts.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985058
Relevancy 63.21%

I have the laptop model inspiron 15R-5521 with service tag <Service Tag: Removed as per privacy policy>, and would like to replace the touchscreen. The screen has two groups of vertical white lines, which do not appear on an external monitor, but these lines do appear on the LCD BIST test on all colors, except for white. The screen's glass is also cracked in a few places.
Firstly, can I purchase and install only a replacement glass for the screen? Alternatively, would it be possible to entirely replace the touchscreen with a non-touchscreen, matte display?

A:DELL inspiron 15R-5521 screen replacement

Hi JG12345,
As there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
If you wish to replace the parts yourself, then check this link - http://bit.ly/2cZX70m 
If you choose to replace the screen with non touch / matte screen - you would need to replace the LCD backcover with a compatible one designed for non touch functionality.
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992847
Relevancy 63.21%

My girlfriends screen on her computer broke. I'm helping her buy a replacement screen like this one:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...=8302#Overview
Without the huge (dell) price tag. Where are some good parts sellers that I can trust?

Thing I need: 15-inch WXGA+ LCD Monitor for Dell Inspiron 1525

Thanks for the help!

A:Replacement Screen for Dell Inspirion 1525

eBay most likely will have the best price, be sure to get an exact match on the model number that is on the sticker, or it may not work in that system.

You will pay more if you want someone to guarantee theirs will work in your system

http://www.screentekinc.com/Dell-notebook-screens.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-screen-for-dell-inspirion-1525.895645/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,
I have a Dell Latitude E6400 on which the LED Screen Display / Video shows steady vertical lines in the right half of the display (partial display on the left side is good, see picture). I have already tested the external VGA port - it displays correctly on an external LCD monitor. The vertical lines are constant and of the same brightness, regardless of the position of the laptop lid. Could this be a problem with the inverter or the LCD display ribbon cable? Or something else? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

P. S. Please note that the golden glow on the top left side of the screen is just a reflection of an ambient light.

A:Dell Latitude E6400 LCD / LED Video Screen Has Partial Display Vertical Lines

It's not the inverter (assuming the display has one);  that simply controls the backlight.  It may or may not be the cable - likely it is not.  It looks like a damaged display panel.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19992792
Relevancy 62.78%

So my laptop is an old one however I know it can be fixed. I closed the top when it was updating the computer. Will that cause it to not start up within hours. It comes on shows the Dell symbol then goes to a black screen with a bliking underscore in the top left corner. What should I do? Will I be able to savee any of my work on it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dell-latitude-d610-black-screen-w-underscore-blikng-in-left-top-corner-752121.html
Relevancy 62.78%

This past Christmas I received a Dell Inspiron Touch Screen Just recently I removed it from its laptop case to find that the screen had cracked It wasn t an external screen crack If you run Screen Dell 15 Inspiron Replacement (3521) Touch Help your fingers over the screen it s smooth Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) Touch Screen Replacement Help but there are visible cracks and a section of the screen that isn t showing the desktop but only an odd mesh of white and black with a bit of other colors included in the section I looked up screen replacements and I found a detailed description on YouTube of how to replace the screen in the Dell Inspiron It had a link in the description to replacement parts That would solve Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) Touch Screen Replacement Help my problem but I just have one issue My laptop is a touch screen and I m not certain if the replacement screen is a touch screen I want to be able to use my laptop to the fullest If it includes touch ability I want a touch replacement screen I ll post a link to the website with the replacement parts Please reply and tell me if it is touch or not If not please leave a link to a touch-screen-replacement-screen Please help me on this I m the kind of person that will lose sleep if I can t be sure Here is the link http www parts-people com index php action category amp id amp subid amp refine lcd screen

A:Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) Touch Screen Replacement Help

Those are not touch screens - they are standard LCD panels.
To change the panel, you need to replace both the touch glass and LCD as a unit:
http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/135-118071-27809/Dell-Inspiron-15-3521-LCD-Touch-Screen.html

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19540870
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone; I have a dell D630 that I started having problems with about 2 months ago, in the middle of normal functions vertical rows of small green bricks would appear, followed shortly by a crash. Then, I can power it back up but the screen will remain black. It lights up, the pixels are obviously functioning but it is black. Every once in a while it will work again but only for about 1-5 min and the green lines will come back.

This happened shortly after I had it outside during a construction project where it may have gotten some dust in it or something... I am guessing this is relevant?

I have tried blowing everything with a little keyboard cleaner air can, but that is all.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Ben

A:Green lines/bricks, crashes, powers up but no screen display. Dell Latitude D630

Hi bbblades222,
is that onboard video, or a card? the green lines,bricks, etc sound like an overheating problem, most likely vram. also you indicated that you had to recently move your machine, try re-seating your graphic card (if you have one) . and welcome to Techspot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/green-lines-bricks-crashes-powers-up-but-no-screen-display-dell-latitude-d630.130921/
Relevancy 61.92%

My Dell Latitude E6420 has black screen of death. Let me explain what happen. My friend bought a battery for his E6440 laptop and his laptop not starting (no display) he asked me to check on my laptop for that battery.
My laptop display gone after inserting his battery and changed to my battery still didn't worked. I connected external monitor display coming there (external monitor is showing primary). but laptop display not coming to make it secondary.
I did steps.
1. drained power 30-1-2. still didn't work
2. changed RAM slots with another still didn't work
3. tried D+ power, did not see anything.
this morning I observed If close display 70 to 80% I can see barely light on the screen window login in the angle. 
Is that means back light gone? What are solutions have now? Do I need to change display? give me suggestion.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991453
Relevancy 61.49%

I installed Windows 7 Beta on a Dell Latitude D620. Laptop has built in UPEK
biometric fingerprint reader. Windows 7 did not automatically install a
driver. I first installed the driver from Dell.com for Vista 32bit.
Device manager shows driver installed and hardware running, but the
fingerprint reader does not show up in the Biometric Devices screen
from within the Control Panel. Next, I went to UPEK's website, and
downloaded a driver dated 12/2008. Same scenario, device manager is
good, but no device showing up in Biometric Devices in Control Panel. I
removed driver and rebooted machine before and after each attempt.
Anyone have any ideas? Or are the existing drivers just simply not
supported currently by Windows 7 Beta fully? Thanks in advance! - Brian

A:Problem getting UPEK fingerprint reader in Dell Latitude D620 to show in Biometric Devices screen

I checked that with UPEK, and my reader according to the Windows 7 Alert Center, "The model name of your Fingerprint Reader is TCD
41/42/50", is a currently supported reader for this beta??? - BrianUPDATE...I contacted UPEK and they have helped me to get this working. There are two things I needed to do:1) Download the UPEK Windows 7 Beta software and drivers from here: http://www.upek.com/win72) Once software is installed, go to device manager, right click on the UPEK reader, go to the power management tab, and uncheck the option for Windows to allow this device to save power or go to sleep. Reboot.Once I completed this, the UPEK reader worked fine.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/097cb5d3-31a2-4272-bd6a-87572f2a7f39/problem-getting-upek-fingerprint-reader-in-dell-latitude-d620-to-show-in-biometric-devices-screen?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm on Dell Techdirect trying to request a battery replacement under warranty but the field that says "Part Serial Number" doesn't accept anything I type into it. I've tried everything I can find on the battery itself and the laptop but there isn't a proper 25 character code on them. Where can I find this information?

A:Latitude 3340 Battery replacement

Think I figured it out myself. I used a QR Code reader to read the QR on the back of the battery (those codes are mighty small I probably misread it before) then only typed in the first 20 characters even though it goes to 25. that 20 character code was accepted so I'll probably resort to this method in the future.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19662278
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys.
Pretty much what the title says - Dell's new, recently-released ControlVault driver (version A19) does not successfully install on a Dell Latitude E6330.  I followed the driver installation order from the "Dell Business Client Re-Image 'How-To' Guide" and installed the Dell ControlVault driver last.  It did not work.
Attached is a screenshot of what I got, and the Windows Installer log.

20160315_Security_Driver_WDRHG_WN64_3.3.14.68_A19.txt

A:Dell ControlVault A19 installation fails on Dell Latitude E6330 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Nothing?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19678872
Relevancy 56.76%

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6400. I cannot seem to find any way to install Dell Control Point. I got the Driver Pack to install. I found one download of Security Manager that worked, but I would like the Power Manager one.

I've looked on this forum a few times and any links I click on just redirect me to the Drivers and Downloads page. I get errors saying that my service pack is not supported.....I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I also got some 32-bit errors, but that's my fault for downloading the 32-bit version.

Does anybody have a link to the full Dell Control Point package (Power Manager, Connection Manager, Security Manager) that will work on 64-bit Windows 7?

Thanks
-Ryan

A:(Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

parrotrpg1
Here is a good article on reimaging the Latitude E6400
downloads.dell.com/.../Latitude%20E-Family%20%20Mobile%20Precision%20Re-Image%20How-To%20Guide%20-%20A03%20Rev%203%200.pdf
The Win 7  Control Point System Manager files are a bit tricky to find, but they can be downloaded from the following link.
www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats
This should help if you have installed the correct drivers in the correct order.
TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19459137
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey all nbsp I ve got a Dell Latitude E where the driver installer for the Dell Wireless wireless card fails nbsp I m running Windows -bit the computer boots in UEFI mode and I ve installed all of the drivers according to the Latitude E-Family Re-Image Guide I ve got a log as well it says this nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp fails on on mode) Dell Windows E6320 installation 1530 7 driver Latitude Wireless (UEFI 64-bit Dell nbsp Original command line E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp s nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) Value x FFFFF nbsp Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe s v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp nbsp Original command line quot C Users Administrator Desktop Drivers - Dell Latitude E E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE quot nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991738
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
any one know where is back light fuse on Dell 5423?

A:Dell 5423 backlight fuse

SHAKEEL4LIFE,
Unfortunately, there are no backlight fuses in the computer. What is the issue you are having with the computer?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19974608
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi!
I have a 7450 which suffered some liquid damage. The good thing is it still works and when plugged into an external monitor everything is hunky dory.
However, without an external screen the picture is barely visible. I thought the backlight had blown so I changed the screen however the replacement screen had the same issue?
I've read it is something to do with a fuse on the motherboard, is this correct? The replacement screen had the electronics bar (invertor?) as part of the screen but I did not change anything else.
Any help/advise would be much appreciated!
Thanks

A:Dell 7450 Backlight Issue

Hi Windowscrashedagain
Thanks for writing to us. 
Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Please provide us the LCD part# you replaced? 
If the issue is still the same with new LCD, probably the LCD connector on the motherboard is gone. In which case we have to replace the motherboard.

Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985646
Relevancy 56.33%

i know this is the win7 forum... this machine is running 8.1 but i really dont think it has to do with the OS.. maybe im wrong.. either way, i dont have an account for the 8 forum and dont feel like creating one now.

got a new dell inspiron 20 touch, all in one...
i have the power settings set to turn off display after 20 minutes... it turns it off after 20 minutes. totally off, then in 2 seconds, it powers up the backlight... so, i am looking at a blank, black screen...
how can i make the monitor turn off completely like it does on all my other machines?

thanks for your time
pj

A:backlight will not turn off on dell inspiron 20 all in one

Have you considered asking this on the Dell community forum?
http://en.community.dell.com/

People there more familiar with Dell products.

BTW, there are 3 different Inspiron 20 models. Which one do you have? (If it makes a difference).

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/371587-backlight-will-not-turn-off-dell-inspiron-20-all-one.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,
i recently replaced my dell xps 13 9333 top lcd assembly with a new one after breaking the old one.
However i observed that the new replacement screen did work but no LED backlight as shown in the pics below.
I made my research online and found out that my dell xps 13 9333 doesn't use an inverter board so i am trying to troubleshoot where the problem is comming from.
Please anyone with knowledge of the IC or Fuse controlling the backlight for the LED should please guide me accordingly.
Also,i circled the 40pin LCD connector to the motherboard...can anyone show me where to buy a replacement.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19984407
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1535 I purchased in Sept. of 2008 and the Backlight bulb has quit working.
Does anyone know the cost of the Bulb?
I live in the Minneapolis area and would also be looking for a shop to replace said bulb.
Any information would be appreciated.

Jerry

P.S. My tag # is 7TF01F1

A:Dell Laptop 1535 BackLight

Actually, it's far more likely that the inverter has crapped out, they go more often than the backlight.

In any case, you can buy the inverters or the backlight bulbs, try a search on eBay for the parts. If you're going to take it to a shop, the cost of labor will be far more than the parts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-1535-backlight.922120/
Relevancy 56.33%

`I can't seem to find any software for the backlight for my XPS 15. I have no options to enable it and there are no drivers listed on the website.any idea?

thanks

A:Dell XPS Backlight Keyboard Software

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We would suggest you to update the chipset drivers and also provide us with the service tag to the system via private message .
You can also go on the Dell website and search by service tag and that will give all the latest drivers for the system.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989406
Relevancy 55.9%

for the basics and schoolwork
and which is newer 

A:which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

The E6430 has a metal case and is more robust, but uses an older CPU and chipset.
The E5440 is a plainer chassis with a newer generation CPU and chipset.
The E6440 is the concurrent update to the E5440.
There are too many possible configurations to definitively say which is better -- it depends on the CPU, GPU, etc. in the specific model (or that you choose when you order one, but since the E6430 isn't a current model,  you may be looking at used systems).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986761
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, I'm having a small problem with my new Dell laptop.
I can't find the option where I could set my keyboard backlight to stay on constantly. It keeps falling asleep (turning off) after a short period of time. It is really annoying late in the evening as I always have to wake it up. Is there any way I could turn off the automatic sleep mode or atleast prolong it?
Thanks in advance :)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989649
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

I bought Dell Inspiron 7559 and I am very happy with laptop. However, I noticed that there is some backlight bleed on the bottom of the screen. I dont know what is acceptable level. Is this good or defect?
Thanks for help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987867
Relevancy 55.9%

I've noticed that the backlight of the keyboard remains always on. There is no timeout anymore, the light is always on, no matter, I don't type nor touch the mouse pad. The F10 key function correctly.
The system software is fully updated.
Any advice will be much appreciated!

A:Dell inspiron 7437 Keyboard backlight

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We would suggest you to update the BIOS and the also follow the steps:
1-Launch Mobility Center
2-Clicking on Keyboard Backlighting to open the setting Window.
3-Change the setting from ?Settings for keyboard lightin
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997552
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
The keyboard backlight of my new Laptop Inspiron 15 5558 (bought August 2015) is constantly shutting off.  Keyboard backlight is up only 10 seconds and then shut down.  This is obviously too short and I'm searching how to set the keyboard backlight to a longer time (let say 60 secondes at least). 
My laptop is running W10 Home Edition.  I looked in Config Panel / Windows Mobility Center and there is no settings for the keyboard backlight.
I suppose a Dell system application should be able to set this on my laptop.  Please provide instruction how to proceed.
Thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 15 5558 / How to set keyboard backlight

Hi aptiva01,
Please check this - http://bit.ly/1YqhLGV - and let us know if it works for you.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19653446
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Team,

I bought a new Dell Inspiron 5558 laptop. From the initial stage itself keyboard backlight is not working. I cant find any symbol for backlight in Fn keys. Below option have tried,
BIOS - Turned on the backlight
Mobility center - No keyboard backlight option
Control panel - In keyboard properties no backlight tab o modify.
I am feeling very difficulty in working in dark places. Please anyone help me to fix this issue in my laptop.
My laptop model is
<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>
Let me know incase of any further details required.
Thanks in Advance

A:Dell Inspiron 5558 - Keyboard Backlight Issue

Dell 5558 comes with an optional keyboard. Apparently, the bios is tweaked for machines that come with a backlit keyboard while your machine doesn't. The only option is to purchase and replace a new backlit keyboard from EBAY or AmaZon and install it. That will work, do check out instructions before replacing keyboards.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19681405
Relevancy 55.04%

Dell Inspiron 7559 15.6 inch FHDIntel Core i7-6700hq/8gb/1TB sshd/4gbGTX 960 M/Windows 10

A:Dell Inspiron 15 7559 has no key board Backlight feature?

Hi,
We?re listening. Dell Inspiron 7559 is factory configured with a chicklet keyboard and there is no backlight feature. Please PM us with the service tag, registered owner?s name and your email address, so that we can check for more details. To send a private message, click on my name and select ?Send private message?.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992583
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I had a GPU fail in my Dell Vostro laptop The card that failed was an NVIDIA GeForce GS The Vostro laptop actually GPU dell (Dell pa Recognition Vostro ship Hardware Laptop) wrong replacement Did in can accept an NVIDIA GT card too So I ordered the replacement part from Dell for the and they shipped me a refurbished unit The surgery to put in the new card took all night for hack like to do I did not look carefully at the refurbished unit they shipped me as I Hardware Recognition in GPU replacement (Dell Vostro Laptop) Did dell ship wrong pa was nervous handling the card that I might break it But when I turned on the laptop after Hardware Recognition in GPU replacement (Dell Vostro Laptop) Did dell ship wrong pa the installation I did not get a pause at the BIOS saying I see new hardware like I did when I upgraded the RAM After the computer booted up I uninstalled the driver and then installed the driver Hardware Recognition in GPU replacement (Dell Vostro Laptop) Did dell ship wrong pa There was a snag at it s possible that Windows automatically reinstalled the driver during one the required reboots but I KNOW that I wrote the driver over top at least I had hoped to do a clean uninstall then reinstall but Windows tried to grab a driver for me So now when I right click on computers properties device manager it shows the video as still the card The card I removed has a sticker on it that says KU on it The invoice for the that Dell sent for the says KU on it too I think I was sent the wrong part from Dell I paid a higher price for the GPU Is it possible that a legacy driver is making the Vostro think it has the when the part IS an Or when I go to the Device Manager does the computer physically check and is for sure seeing that I put another in vs what I intended Thanks for your help and advice as to whether I have the wrong part installed or if I just have a legacy driver tricking my computer I think the answer hinges on whether Device Manager looks at the parts to create the list or just pulls off of drivers Thanks so much Eric in NJ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-recognition-in-gpu-replacement-dell-vostro-laptop-%C2%96-did-dell-ship-wrong-pa.826464/
Relevancy 55.04%

Searching for Dell Touchscreen replacement R33H8 for Dell Inspiron 15Z 5523, service Tag 757J1Z1.All the places seems to show Out of stock..Is there a replacement part number?

Someone said that 7GYF0 is compatiable, is that true
en.community.dell.com/.../19577882

A:Searching for Dell Touchscreen replacement R33H8 for Dell Inspiron 15Z 5523

Looks like it is, yes.  Here's another compatible part:
www.parts-people.com/index.php

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993349
Relevancy 54.61%

Normally I purchase the dell series 9, as dell brand but they were sold out at most places. So I purchased black and color ink from officemax for my dell printer which said it was for series 9 and the type of printer I own. It's the right series and numbers. I placed the ink in the printer like I normally do and my printer tells me there is no ink. I've read online elsewhere that the chip on the cartridge doesn't match the printer. If that's so then officemax shouldn't be allowed to sell dell replacement cartridge. But is there anyway I can fix this?

A:Dell Photo 926 Printer / OfficeMax Dell series 9 replacement

If it still prints just ignore it, if not then check to se if the metal is the same on the back of the cartridge and in the printer, if it is then you have a faulty cartridge, if not then the cartridge is incompatible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-photo-926-printer-officemax-dell-series-9-replacement.1031246/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey all!

My keyboard backlight was working fine but then one day it just stopped.
I've pushed f10 and fn + f10 doesn't give any feedback

I've gone to the Windows mobility center and made sure things are fine there but still no feedback.
When i push the f10 key the setting in windows mobility center changes but it shows no light on the keyboard

But the CAPS LOCK Light and back light works  
Apart from that nothing else

Tried restarting also no feedback from the lights
Also could it have been a recent update that might've caused this?
Is there a driver for this?

Please Help

A:Keyboard Backlight Stopped working Dell Inspiron 7000 13

Does the keyboard backlight come on when the system is powered up?  If it does, you may have a software issue.
If it does not, you have a hardware problem.  
First thing to check is that the backlight cable is firmly connected to the system board (this will require removing the keyboard to check).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993480
Relevancy 54.18%

I own a Dell Latitude E6430.   I am looking for a Dell Companion 12000mAh or 18000mAh type of device to power and charge my Dell Lattitude E6430 when I am traveling (no outlet available).   When I view the compatibility list for both the Dell Companion 12000mAh and the 18000mAh I don't see the Dell Latitude E6430 in either list.  I went and purchased the 12000mAh and I am attempting to use this to charge and power my Dell Latitude E6430.  It powers my Dell Laptop for about a minute and then quits.   Is there a solution for this problem?   And/or is there another Dell Companion type device that I can purchase that is listed as 100% compatible with the Dell Latitude E6430?   I would like to either get this solution working or purchase the product that is listed as 100% compatible.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990270
Relevancy 53.32%

I have owned 3 of these computers. All purchased from best buy. Every single one has had this problem and i returned the last 2. This isn't a small problem either, I've found multiple cases of this online. It seems to happen to the bestbuy laptops the most. I tried contacting hp support on the computer but they were no help and when they called me I couldn't understand a word of what he was saying. Great laptop, horrible screen.  Has anyone found a fix for this or has hp recalled these laptops? I have all of my school work on my laptop so I cant really just let it go.  Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Out-of-the-box-backlight-screen-bleed-around-edges-of-screen/td-p/5796684