Windows Support Forum

RAM XMP Profiles fail to reach targeted speed

Q: RAM XMP Profiles fail to reach targeted speed

Hi All,

I'm really struggling here. I've just purchased some Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Pro Series Red DDR3 Memory with the Specs CAS 12-13-13-35, 1.65V at 2666MHz. I got 2 sets (2x4GB per set, 16GB overall, all 4 slots are occupied). When I choose the XMP profile, the computer fails to post, it resets and then tells me "overclock failed". To get it to boot I set the speed to 2133MHz and it is now stable.

MoBo is an Asus Maximus Vi Hero (Z87) and a Haswell Core i7 4770K with a H60 closed loop on it.
Power supply is a Corsair AX750.

My question is, why can I not hit the advertised speed of 2666MHz? Do I need to send more voltage through them?

Thanks for your help in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-xmp-profiles-fail-to-reach-targeted-speed.203152/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: RAM XMP Profiles fail to reach targeted speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 61.49%

While playing heavy graphic games,cpu temp reaches above 100°c ,but still fan is running at 70% speed.but factory Bios F.0.0 gives 100% fan speed ,maintaining cpu temp below 85°c.Since factory BIOS has deleted I can't rollback.Please help me before my laptop get into fire.I still have 3 months warranty.

A:BIOS F.82 not allowing fan to reach 100% speed.

@abhishekkm

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BIOS-F-82-not-allowing-fan-to-reach-100-speed/td-p/5817983
Relevancy 60.2%

Good Morning Overnite my dsl connection seems to have changed It hasnt lost any speed but I m noticing an inability to complete downloads in about the pages I attempt to reach-I should be quot timming-out quot and the the download goes-on forever and the page NEVER completes itself- not all but this appears to occurring randomly on approx the pages I attempt unable Dsl connection to the one next but to lost reach url speed hasnt to download I checked normal stuff firewall virus scan etc and nothing looked out of the ordinary although I noticed some strange sounding names on an Actiontec tool that logs web traffic and I m seeing locations someone else must be going to because it sure isnt me- Dsl connection hasnt lost speed but unable to reach one url to the next also checked quot NET STAT quot and noticed a phrase I usually dont see quot SYN SENT quot Last thing to check I suspect is Hijack Scan appears below Would someone be good enough to take a look and help me determine whether or not I m hauling around any baggage Many thanks in advance WEBZ FIND SCAN BELOW Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C PROGRAM Dsl connection hasnt lost speed but unable to reach one url to the next FILES ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZLCLIENT EXE C Dsl connection hasnt lost speed but unable to reach one url to the next PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C MY DOCUMENTS HIJACK HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zlclient exe O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices TrueVector C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE -service O - Startup MultiPASS Background lnk C MPASS MPSERVER EXE O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF A DA -D - B - - C CD DmiReader Class - https support dell com us en systemprofiler SysProfLCD CAB O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x ansi iuctl CAB O - DPF EF A B-FC - C - EF-FB E A E McFreeScan Class - http download mcafee com molbin iss-loc vso en-us tools mcfscan mcfscan cab O - DPF CA F - B- A - -C EC HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF AED - - E - D- A D D WebHandler Class - http activex microgaming com DLhelper version dlhelper cab nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-connection-hasnt-lost-speed-but-unable-to-reach-one-url-to-the-next.231997/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Dell Vostro running Vista Home Premium I started noticing that when playing games sometimes performance would go down considerably which coincided with doesn't Laptop and speed fan reach overheats full the laptop being considerably hotter to the touch I Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed installed speedfan to check if this was true and as it turns out the gpu can reach up to C without the fan going full speed I can hear it run but not full speed The fan might reach full speed but not necessarily when the temperature is at is highest which means that the laptop usually overheats when playing videogames I m not sure if this Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed has happened since I purchased the laptop or after upgrading BIOS I Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed currently have the latest BIOS from Dell A and the latest reference drivers from Nvidia for the videocard which is a geforce M Can it be that the overheating is due to using the reference drivers and not the manufacturers I used the reference drivers because Dell hasn t updated videocard drivers for almost a year nbsp

A:Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed

What games are you trying to play on that computer? Hopefully they are not that demanding because the Vostro isn't great for newer games. Also make sure that you are not using it on a soft surface (bed, rug, blanket, etc).

The drivers for your video card should not interfere with your fans since it is all integrated into the same motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-overheats-and-fan-doesnt-reach-full-speed.130224/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I recently upgraded my Latitude E to Windows successfully asisde from finding a SD card reader not working PCI bridge device was disabled in Dev manger everything is working great I am hover missing one feature i had while running Windows UnderControl Panel Hardware and Sound Power OptionsChange Plan settingsChange advanced power settingsI used to have an option for Dell enhanced somethingThis would give me the option of several fan speed profileseg Ultra cooling silent normalI have all the latest drivers installed fo rmy service tag nbsp FP JSY Inc Dell commndManagement Application P W WN A EXEIve also tried nbsp Dell Power Manager ApplicationSystems-Management Application P W WN A EXESystem-Utilities Application N TV WN A EXEI may have 10 speed Dell Fan Latitude Windows E6530 profiles access to these profiles in bios but a switch them around regular depending on my current so I wish to continue to be able to change from inside Dell Latitude E6530 Windows 10 Fan speed profiles the OS Any hep on how to get this feature back appreciated Cheers

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988226
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there I recently bought a tin of compressed air and used Fan Chip computer Fail Warning: too low or Your speed it to dust off the inside of my PC Not long afterwards one day when I switched on my PC during the Power-on self-test it flashed up message Warning Your computer Chip Fan Fail or speed too Warning: Your computer Chip Fan Fail or speed too low low you can also disable this warning message in SETUP Press F to continue that is exactly how it was put on the screen by the way This has happened a few times I just press F and the computer seems to work okay after that This Chip Fan message seems to flash up only every so often approx once a week or so during P O S T other times it will not flash up the message amp just start Normally I have absolutely no idea what this means and whether I should be worried or not Please could somebody tell me what to do to remedy this My PC s system Info is as follows Motherboard Asus A N-SLI Deluxe NVIDIA nForce Series Chipset Processor chip AMD Athlon processor chip GHz Graphics Card Leadtec WinFast PX GT NVIDIA GeForce GT Chipset with MB on the card GB of RAM GB Hard Drive Space Sound Card Realtek AC Audio Sony DVD RW DW-Q A Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition version Service Pack Any help that could be given to me would be gladly appreciated Regards Richard nbsp

A:Warning: Your computer Chip Fan Fail or speed too low

Turn your computer off. Open your case. Turn on your computer, and watch the CPU fan periodically. If it is not moving, or is moving rather slowly then it's time to get a new one or be more thoroughly cleaned.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warning-your-computer-chip-fan-fail-or-speed-too-low.677597/
Relevancy 51.17%

My single-user Windows Home PC is running both IE latest version and Chrome latest version I've always used IE as the default browser but decided to change it A couple of weeks ago I set Chrome as default and pretty soon after my Speed Dial was completely inaccessible as in quot Page not found causes Setting IE11 Chrome over 2 default fail. to Dial Help? as Speed quot I started mining my Acronis True Image backup for files that I thought may contain all the data but after several tries I stopped for fear of hosing the whole system My Speed Dial has a lot of groups and Setting Chrome as default over IE11 causes Speed Dial 2 to fail. Help? bookmarks so I finally gave up and restored my most recent Acronis backup It worked marvelously Whew At least I know for sure my backups are good So today I again set Chrome to the default browser Kaboom I restored yesterday's Acronis backup and am back to square one Any ideas what might be happening I really would like for Chrome to be Setting Chrome as default over IE11 causes Speed Dial 2 to fail. Help? my default browser but rebuilding Speed Dial is something I really don't want to do I'd appreciate any ideas I hope I've given all the information necessary to think about this Thanks Rusty

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/387750-setting-chrome-default-over-ie11-causes-speed-dial-2-fail-help.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have two Windows 7 64 bit systems that worked perfectly until approx two weeks ago. They started becoming unresponsive to various websites, such as b1015.com (unable to listen live). Both computers then started having problems opening sites through google searches.

Following this, most updates on both computers fail. Downloads from the internet fail. Updating flash on one - failed. downloading .net framework update - failed.

One computer has MSE - updated and ran scan - no threats found
One computer has AVast - updated and ran scan - no threats found

Tried to download malwarebytes on the computer with avast - failed
went to XP station - downloaded to thumb drive and installed from thumb drive and ran  - no threats found

from cmd prompt -  ran sfc /scannow on both computers  -  no problems found

Can anyone give me any ideas of where to go from here to get both of these computers working properly again

VR-

Bec

A:Updates Fail/Downloads Fail/Flash Sites Fail x2 computers

The first place to start is are you getting any error messages when the updates fail? What do the messages state -- for example, do you get any error codes? Please post that information here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498794/updates-faildownloads-failflash-sites-fail-x2-computers/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have no idea what is up! I have no access to user profiles, search doe not work. Cannot access hardware settings. I have no viruses or infections. I don't know where to start! I get crackling from my speakers. What is going on? My desktop is possessed!

Dell Dimension Desktop 4700
Windows XP Media
Please someone rescue me.

A:Solved: No access to user profiles, hardware profiles, search.. something is really wrong!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-access-to-user-profiles-hardware-profiles-search-something-is-really-wrong.620435/
Relevancy 48.16%

It has been my practice with prior versions of Windows OS's to set up multiple printer profiles, one for drafts, one for color, etc. "The Devices and Printers" section allows me to create such profiles, but does not show them individually. When I delete them in Windows, they are not deleted in the browser and WordPerfect. Advice would be welcome.

A:Multiple Printer Profiles; Deleting Unneeded Profiles

Hi
Welcome to Seven Forums

Following guide is from Microsoft:

Quote:

To associate multiple color profiles to one device

Open Color Management by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type color management, and then click Color Management.
Click the Devices tab.
From the Device list, select the color device that you want to associate with one or more color profiles.
Select the Use my settings for this device check box, and then click Add.
In the Associate Color Profile dialog box, do one or both of the following:
If you want to use a color profile that’s already installed on your computer, click the color profile in the list, and then click OK.
If you want to use a custom color profile that isn’t installed on your computer, click Browse, locate the custom color profile that you want to use, and then click Add.
The selected color profile (or profiles) is now associated with the device and can be used by programs that use Windows Color Management to describe the color characteristics of that device. To use the newly associated color profile as the default color profile for the selected device, click Set as Default Profile.

Click Close.

Note

Your picture or graphics editing program might also let you choose color profiles. When you make changes to the color settings in those programs, the settings are usually only used in that program.

To disassociate a color profile from a device

Open Color Management by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type color management, and then click Color Management.
Click the Devices tab.
From the Device list, select the color device you want to disassociate from one or more color profiles.
Select the Use my settings for this device check box, click the color profile that you want to disassociate from the selected device, and then click Remove.
The selected color profile (or profiles) is no longer associated with the device and won't be used by programs that use Windows Color Management to describe the color characteristics of that device.
Click Close.

Note

Your picture or graphics editing program might also let you choose color profiles. When you make changes to the color settings in those programs, the settings are usually only used in that program.

To save and use a device association

After associating a color profile (or profiles) with a device, you can save and use the new color device association in a few different ways. Any changes you make affect the color settings for the current user account and the selected device only.

Click the Devices tab.
Do one or more of the following:
To merge the current system default color settings that the device uses with the current set of profiles that you associated with the device, click Profiles, and then click Combine my settings with system defaults.
If you decide that you don’t want to use the color profiles that you associated with the device and want to use the system default color settings instead, click Profiles, and then click Reset my settings to the system defaults, or clear the Use my settings for this device check box.
To save the association betw... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/120795-multiple-printer-profiles-deleting-unneeded-profiles.html
Relevancy 44.29%

How To Opt Out Of Google's New Targeted Ads.

Click on the Electronic Frontier Foundation link to goto Google Begins Behavioral Targeting Ad Program article to get the following link: Google's Advertising Cookie Opt-out Plug-In.

I would like it a lot better if the Google plug-in installation was strictly for opt-in, rather than have to install a Google plug-in on your computer to opt-out, i.e. the absense of the Google plug-in or a preference in its cookie would do the deed to opt-out rather than have to have a plug-in to opt-out.

-- Tom

A:How To Opt Out Of Google's New Targeted Ads

What is this New Targeted Ad by Google Tom? I have NoScript addon with Firefox and I notice things like google-analytics.com and googlesyndications.com everywhere I go. Is it tracking us and is google trying to take over the world lol?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-opt-out-of-googles-new-targeted-ads.810213/
Relevancy 44.29%

im being targeted by hacker whom has repeatedly breached my network useing programme which causes the rooter to crash if the device is removed or tamperd with and re adds the device when the rooter is rebooted also has lauched susatind aptempts to breach my firewall from my routers ip seems to be repeatedly infecting pc with some kind bios virus or process based rootkit which affects primarelly the master boot record and cpu i have managed to remove / disbale in the infection on one of my mobos which i am now useing, despite my best efforts i have not managed to prevent new incursions,andmy router dose not have ip filtering features. im useing comdo firewall and free version of anti virus avast in combination i also use malwarebytes with all of the real time components dsiabled please help i have no idea what to do i have never been targeted by a hacker befor

A:Im being targeted by a hacker need help

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510215/im-being-targeted-by-a-hacker-need-help/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I have a friend who's Pc is always filled with viruses and spyware, dispite the fact that it has the same virus guards, firewall and spyware programmes that mine has.

When I first scanned it for spyware, it had an enormous number of infected files, and viruses. Tens of thousands. More than all the other files put together.

Now, every time I scan it, it has new viruses and spyware.

The pc should be as healthy as mine, but he is having constant problems with it. At present the keyboard and mouse stop working at random.

Could his pc be being directly targeted by spammers, who are sending viruses not recognised by the virus guard?

Relevancy 44.29%

I am receiving Pop-up ads with heading of 'TARGETED'. Another name of 'Multi-services' also pops up constantly.

It has completely ruined the speed of the system. Windows XP.

Average boot up takes approx. 5 minutes or longer.

Is this adware causing the system to crawl? Is it possible to manually remove this garbage, so I can get the system back up to speed?

HELP !! I'm ready to throw this thing through a window.
caddlife

A:Receiving Pop-up ads 'TARGETED'

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-pop-up-ads-targeted.602680/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've been installing xp on a new computer that i built recently, and found that every time I connect to the internet, my Kaspersky Internet Security freaks out. Finding 187 threats within the first 2% of a scan is something I don't think is normal. I formatted my hard drive and installed XP about 6 times, and the same thing is happening. One of my buddies told me that I might be targeted by a hacker. If anyone has any ideas on what can be done to stop this, I would really appreciate any and all thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

A:Targeted by a hacker?

Hackers aren't like that, they give rat's. What you are a part of is a netbot I think.
So im probably get a slap on the wrist but, reinstall xp :|

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/targeted-by-a-hacker-178463.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Don?t open messages or click links from sources that you do not trust. It?s always safer to manually type a web address instead of clicking a link in an email.

Full Story

A:Amazon users are once again being targeted

It's a jungle out there!

Kudos for the heads up Mr Mucks.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/amazon-users-are-once-again-being-targeted.4021942/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi - here is my HijackThis log Something is afoot with my searching and targeted advertising - suspicious I am getting really targeted advertising in an unnatural pattern Help EDIT running windows and had another use on my system who was using all sorts of connections to the internet linux etc - so it could be left over program stuff from him being on my network Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode targeted advertising - suspicious NormalRunning processes C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC Users Laura AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exeC Program Files x Gizmo gizmo exeC Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exeC Program Files x oDesk oDeskCommonPrefs exeC Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice binC Program Files x oDesk oDeskTeam exeC Program Files x oDesk oDeskShare exeC Program Files x Pidgin pidgin exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ID EYTHM C PROGRA COMMON Adobe ADOBEV Server bin VERSIO EXEO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Prefs C Program Files x oDesk oDeskLaunch exeO - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe quot -autorunO - HKCU Run GizmoDriveDelegate RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA GIZMO GDRIVE DLL Remount Startup ImagesO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Startup Dropbox lnk Laura AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exeO - Startup Gizmo lnk C Program Files x Gizmo gizmo exeO - Startup OpenOffice org lnk C Program Files x OpenOffice org program quickstart e... Read more

A:targeted advertising - suspicious

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264578/targeted-advertising-suspicious/
Relevancy 43.86%

Just this morning Kerio alerts me about a Code Injection targeted at Norton. This has happened before with spyware attacking internet explorer. This is very scarry!!!

Kerio Firewall said:

Technical details about the intrusion attempt:

Target application: C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe
Description: Symantec Internal Component
File version: 5.0.0.46
Product name: Symantec Shared Components
Product version: 5.0
Created: 2004/8/18, 06:36:18
Modified: 2004/8/18, 06:36:18
Accessed: 2005/11/26, 18:55:03

Address of invalid instruction: 0x01289006

Is this spyware?? I hope not I just reformatted my computer!! I hate SPYWARE !! This is very frustrated I close it and it popup again... what do, leave my computer unprotected by turning off the firewall?? HELP!!!

----------------------------
[NOTE: I've Attached all logs file in case anyization might be needed!]
Network.log empty--Wasn't attached
IDS.log empty--Wasn't Attached
Debug & Error.log too big!
----------------------------

PLZZZZZZ HELp ME!

Thanks in advance,
MIKE

Relevancy 43.86%

First time in here.
Anyone know if my IPs could be deliberately targeted by a disgruntled IT support guy.

He would not supply the password to our Billion router so we could reconfig and change the IPs from the ISP. so I went out and bought a new one. All went well until we logged on to the the ISP and have been hit at least three times, the latest today with versions MS Blast worms etc before we could set up firewall.

or am I just being paranoid ?

Dave

A:MSBlast can my IPs be deliberately targeted?

The blaster worm is fast. I would not suspect your "disgruntled IT guy".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msblast-can-my-ips-be-deliberately-targeted.176953/
Relevancy 43.86%

A customer mailing list is a standout amongst the most fundamental of mailing records a business or association can utilize when it is prepared to experience a limited time crusade This rundown can come as a customary direct Mailing Targeted Lists mailing rundown or as an email list a type of correspondence numerous more organizations and Targeted Mailing Lists associations depend upon in the regularly developing the internet group In either case a customer rundown can be redone to incorporate the most extreme measure of conceivable shoppers or contracted to fit inside of a specific corner as indicated by the business' or association's necessities Targeted Mailing Lists These rundowns can be redone as per different targeted mailing lists elements like pastimes and hobbies for example cars books design cooking collectibles artworks betting wellbeing and wellness home change open air amusement self improvement pets photography governmental issues past obtaining conduct diversion and or travel games or innovation Records can likewise be ordered taking into account different components for example ethnicity family units with youngsters political association or veteran status With such a variety of components from which to pick it is a smart thought to slender down the demographic variables before beginning a battle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589015/targeted-mailing-lists/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I must commend you all for what you are doing on this site it amp s greatly appreciated by people like myself My computer has never had issues in the years I have had it up until last month It s a Dell running Windows XP with Service Pack and Internet Explorer v The problem s When I go online as of about weeks ago and type in a search or a web address a amp targeted amp site pops up in a new window If I don amp t close this pop up immediately or Freezing online ups & targeted pop more start to pop up in succession amp at least this was the case until my second problem arrived about two weeks later a week ago amp Problem The pop ups still appear but they aren amp t getting a chance to multiply because now when I Freezing online & targeted pop ups go online IE v freezes amp task manager says amp not responding amp with regards to the current window and when I click on amp end task amp it shuts all the open IE windows This only happens on some sites but it is most sites I can check my emails without any problems and I can talk on Skype without Freezing online & targeted pop ups it happening I can do a search off a search engine but it amp s proceeding from there when the issues start When the pop ups started I ran all of my spyware malware checkers to no avail I then did system restore and they still continued to show The only out of the ordinary thing that had coincided with the appearance of the pop ups was a download of a Monopoly game from Spin Top games which disappeared upon the system restore I reinstalled the game and nothing new appeared but the popups contiued I then researched a few threads online and decided to purchase Reg Cure and downloaded Spyware Blaster I updated my old SpyBot S amp D and updated the old Ad-Aware I have been running them often along withCCleaner Pop-up Blocker and Windows Defender but the pop ups and freezing are still occurring I had done a Panda scan and downloaded some other security scans but I m not technically minded and so what they were telling me didn t make sense and I have attempted to post this a couple of times but the computer froze so I have had to paste it from Word I used to have MacAfee but it expired at the beginning of the year I amp m tempted to purchase it again but when I had it before it would only amp catch amp things when I ran Ad-Aware which frustrated me since I was paying for it I also used to have Morpheus on there and I unistalled it about a month ago as it was starting freeze up The Internet Explorer freezing sort of coincides with the installation of my new printer amp Canon MP last week Once I had installed the Canon I removed my old printer using the add remove program amp it was a HP Photosmart I notice that there are still HP components on the computer I have cleaned up a lot of photos and moved them to my external drive hoping to free up some space but it hasn amp t helped Here is my HJL Many thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyexpr ... Read more

A:Freezing online & targeted pop ups

I downloaded AVG today and ran it, in hopes that it would find something, it did, 2 threats - fixed them and I can go on the net for longer spurts of time, but the pop ups are still there and it is still freezing. Should I post a new HJL?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-online-targeted-pop-ups.712193/
Relevancy 43.86%

....malware authors have begun preying on users of alternative browsers to push dangerous software....Full Story here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392739/google-chrome-targeted/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi people This is my first post and I m not quite sure that this is the right section for this so please excuse me if it - I Ebay/ what I do? do targeted/ Email Am being s not First I should say that I m using windows ultimate I haven t installed anything unusual recently and perhaps foolishly I haven t ran any anti-spyware malware virus programs for quite a while Yesterday I received an email from ebay informing me that there had been suspicious activity recorded on both of my accounts and that Ebay/ Email - Am I being targeted/ what do I do? I should change my password This had happened to me previously after signing in on another computer but I still followed the instructions and went on another computer to change my ebay passwords and also my paypal one I then ran adaware on my computer and it picked up items This morning when I checked my email I discovered that I had received over spam emails almost all of which were just random characters and the majority were from hotmail addresses Maybe I m reading too far into this but could it be that the person that gained access to my ebay accounts was annoyed by my countermeasures and signed me up for spam I ve switched to another email address now so the spam isn t really an issue but I would like to know how to make my computer secure now - what programs do I need to use steps do I need to take

A:Ebay/ Email - Am I being targeted/ what do I do?

Hello, Most likely your Email was Spoofed/Forged.Lets be sure it's clean.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428871/ebay-email-am-i-being-targeted-what-do-i-do/
Relevancy 43.86%

Please help I received a scam scam! by help. a targeted I Keystroke was Please e-mail that was pretending to be the Better Business Bureau The e-mail said that I was targeted by a Keystroke scam! Please help. there was a complaint filed and urged us to open the zip file that was attached to the message The only file in the archive was a exe file and we made the mistake of extracting the exe file and opening it on one of our computers our Mac I downloaded the archive on my PC but I did not extract anything from the archive on the PC Here s more info that I found by Googling the attachment that we downloaded from the e-mail Here are the threat reports http www threatexpert com report aspx md ab d d d ba d a d ce http tools cisco com security center viewAlert x alertId amp vs f Threat Outbreak Alerts amp vs cat Security Intelligence amp vs type RSS amp vs p Threat Outbreak Alert Fake Complaint Report E-mail Messages on November amp vs k I m really freaking out right now the threat reports say that the virus is for keylogging software I really don t know how to make sense out of anything else in the threat reports What should I do Do I need to worry about it for my PC since I never opened the exe file on that computer I did open the exe on the Mac are Mac s able to get this virus I really don t know what to do about this so I came to this forum This is a major emergency for my family right now and I would be so amazingly grateful for any advice from a kind a knowledgeable soul on this forum

A:I was targeted by a Keystroke scam! Please help.

I'm not a Mac person, so I can't help you there. I do know that most viruses are targeted for Windows computers, so you're less likely to be infected on the Mac.If you didn't actually open the .exe file, you should be okay, but you should definitely do some follow up scans. I recommendDownload and install Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareUpdate the definitions and then run a Quick ScanWhen the scan is finished, click "Show Results" and then after making sure every item's check box is CHECKED, click "Remove Selected". Copy and paste the generated log file (it will open in Notepad) as a reply to this thread and then restart your computer.After, Please run an eset Online Scan. Let the scanner remove all found threats and as you did before, copy and paste the log generated at the end of the scan into this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474577/i-was-targeted-by-a-keystroke-scam-please-help/
Relevancy 43.86%

Just sharing this here to bring to the attention of all I suspect the attachment has a being though Seems as targeted Firefox is phishers by now payload to it to infect Firefox or the system as a whole notice the URL and patch are not from Mozilla but instead eekumyoutube dot org I was at Wowhead looking up a Reins of the swift Spectral Tiger Mount when all Seems as though Firefox is now being targeted by phishers of a sudden one of the ads in the corner of wowhead took over and brought me to what you see in this screenshot This is the first time ever i have seen Firefox targeted to try to trick someone into running a so called quot patch quot System I am on has no infections AVG is clean and Malwarebytes shows clean to so thats why I am thinking Seems as though Firefox is now being targeted by phishers there is a rogue ad associated with wowheads website that trying to get people to click and infect themselves if on firefox Perhaps this phishing is using the browser detection script in which depending on browser they have a number of different payloads to infect you with I took a break from programming in C and checked out facebook and then saw this that caught my attention and then the ultra rare mount I decided to look Seems as though Firefox is now being targeted by phishers up and then thats when I got hit with this redirect from wowhead This link here is the article that I was checking out which was kind of interesting http www gamespot com gallery -crazy-world-of-warcraft-facts-that-will-impress - ftag ACQa e amp vndid amp ttag gs-fb- amp nan pid Decided to go back to this URL path to see if I can look further into it and its now hidden as if its a time shot dynamic URL path link time try to infect and then kill the path possibly to hide its rogue intentions of this website Interesting nbsp Second screenshot shows me trying to get back to it to poke around and its gone

A:Seems as though Firefox is now being targeted by phishers

This is the type of stuff that IMO makes using adblock/uBlock worth violating the implicit social contracts of website advertisements.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157201.0.html
Relevancy 43.86%

http://www.webroot.com/shared/pdf/infographic-targeted_states.pdf

https://malwaretips.com/threads/targeted-states-infographic.57111/
Relevancy 43.86%

A hacker has targeted the same folder on my Vista and Win 7 systems. This folder was set up by myself, and I run EXE's created from Bat files. On my Win 7 system, if I try to run an EXE file, I receive "Access denied, etc." In order to run a particular EXE I have to move it out of the folder into another folder. On my Vista system, if I try to run an EXE, I get a window telling me that an EXE could not be found or run, an EXE like this: Tmp3728.exe with the numbers changing with every attempt. Can anyone tell me where to go looking in order to resolve the hack. This hacker has also hacked Task Scheduler in both systems, and I have removed some of his work.

A:Hacker has targeted a folder-all EXE's

Please check out and follow the instructions in this thread

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

You'll get the best results starting there

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hacker-has-targeted-a-folder-all-exes-693184.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hey there everytime i get on internet explorer i get these stupid popups in a box its called targeted i have searched and searched the net nop answers i have used atf cleaner true sword noo luck with those programs i have xoftspy se windows defender nortona antivirus and counterspy and webroot spysweeper currently installed on my cpu on run all those and fix the problems but still get these annoying popups any ideas heres my hijackthis logPlatform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus Targeted Log Hijack And Poups navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Targeted Poups And Hijack Log Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSSvc exeC PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exeC PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeC PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exeC Program Files Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Ahead ODD Toolkit DVDTray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSTray exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files BHODemon BHODemon exeC Program Files WallpaperToy Wallpapertoy ExeC Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXEC Program Files BitTornado btdownloadgui exeC Program Files BitTornado btdownloadgui exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXEC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system dwwin exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by SBC Yahoo DSLR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllF - REG system ini Shell O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll... Read more

Relevancy 43.86%

This post refers to my Vista System only The problem I am experiencing with the EXE's is that when I try to run one in my Dropbox folder or subfolders I either get the CMD line message quot Access denied - c users jxx folder-all EXE's Hacker a targeted has Re: appdata local temp ztmp 'C users jxx appdata local temp ztemp tmpnnnn bat where n represent any number is not recognized as an internal quot This ploy is to capture in a file in the ztmp folder any BAT file I run from the above mentioned Dropbox folder The hacker is trying to get passwords that are in the BAT files But I have removed those BAT files and have created EXE's of them that do not reveal the password s stored in them or quot Windows cannot find c users Appdata ztmp Re: Hacker has targeted a folder-all EXE's tnnnn bat quot This ploy is the same as mentioned above Plus I am experiencing a slow computer especially when I boot up Sometimes I have to restart my machine Here is the DDS txt file DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by XXX at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Internet Security Enabled Updated SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated SP Norton Internet Security Enabled Updated FW Norton Internet Security Enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS AdpPlugins DQLWinService exe C Program Files EaseUS Todo Backup bin Agent exe C Program Files EaseUS Todo Backup bin GuardAgent exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Windows system IProsetMonitor exe C Program Files Nero Nero MediaHome NMMediaServerService exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Motive pcCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive pcServiceHost exe C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Program Files Secunia PSI PSIA exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files ATT-SST pcTrayApp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Program Files Secunia PSI sua exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Users Jim AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System vds exe C Windows system iashost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Secunia PSI sua exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system sv... Read more

A:Re: Hacker has targeted a folder-all EXE's

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

If there are any personal files, pics, etc. on your computer you cannot live without, back them up now just as a precaution.

Emergency Backup Procedure - Tech Support Forum

Please uninstall the following via Start->(or My Computer)->Control Panel->Programs->Programs and Features if it still exists:

Windows Searchqu Toolbar<<Please read this

Also delete the following Folder if it still exists:

C:\Program Files\Windows Searchqu Toolbar

I noticed you have FreeSoundRecorder Toolbar installed.

Please read this and decide if you want to keep it >> SystemLookup - Global Search

You can uninstall it via Programs and Features in your Control Panel.

If you decide to uninstall it, please delete the following Folder if it still exists:

C:\Program Files\freesoundrecorder

Take a look in this file:

c:\windows\system32\o.BAT

What did you find?

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Double-click ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts to run it.

Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please post that log, C:\ComboFix.txt, in your next reply.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

If you get an 'Illegal operation attempted on a Registry key which has been marked for deletion' error message, please reboot your machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/re-hacker-has-targeted-a-folder-all-exes-693800.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys Just thought I'd see if you could give me a hand I'm home for easter and doing the requisite family tech support My sister managed to get something on her computer that shuts down her browser every time she pulls up youtube plays an evil laugh wav and comes up with this targeted youtube spyware? some sort of error message quot Youtube is banned you fool The administrator didn't write this program guess who did quot Hilarious but kind of annoying after the th time HJT log follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java some sort of youtube targeted spyware? jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Documents and Settings Brigette Local Settings Application Data Google some sort of youtube targeted spyware? Update GoogleUpdate exeC heap a svchost exeC heap a svchost exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC some sort of youtube targeted spyware? Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Brigette Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Brigette Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g ninemsn com au SEENAU SAOS R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system sdra exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dllO - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar StumbleUpon Toolbar - EB C- E - AB- ... Read more

A:some sort of youtube targeted spyware?

Hello! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. In order to see what's going on with your computer I will ask for you to post various logs from the tools that we will use to resolve your issue. Please also share with me any information about how your computer is reacting and behaving each step of the way as we work through this process.We need to create an OTListIt2 ReportPlease download OTListIt2 from hereSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the "Run Scan" button.The scan should take just a few minutes.Copy the log that opens up and paste it back here in your next reply.=============The next log will show us any hidden files that are present.Download GMER from here:Unzip it to the desktop.Open the program and click on the Rootkit tab.Make sure all the boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for ?Show All?.Click on Scan.When the scan has run click Copy and paste the results (if any) into this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218159/some-sort-of-youtube-targeted-spyware/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
I ran a P C Check and the targeted read test and the smart short test both failed.
Does this mean I have a big problem with my hard drive? How do I correct this issue?
Any help would be greatly apprechiated.

A:Targeted Read Test Failed

Does this mean I have a big problem with my hard drive?Click to expand...

Yes. Copy your user data from that drive and replace it immediately.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/targeted-read-test-failed.986467/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello and thank you for your targeted adds. redirect issues. and help I have redirect targeted adds. and redirect issues. issues and some of the sites will not load at all saying syntx errors scripting errors so forth Also the adds appear to target lol don t laugh things I TYPE I m not paranoid but I am getting there Below are my scans plus the ark txt attachment Thank You Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Fujitsu FUJ E FUJ E exe C Program Files targeted adds. and redirect issues. x Fujitsu Fujitsu Hotkey Utility IndicatorUty exe C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YouCamTray exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Pamela Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http solutions us fujitsu com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my earthlink net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyng dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyng dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FCTBPos Pos - EBF AAF- A - - A- A EF - C Program Files x AddThis Toolbar Toolbar dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Bing Bar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar AddThis Toolbar - B CC- D E- B-A -D CBFE C DA - C Program Files x AddThis Toolbar Toolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyng dll O - Toolbar C Program Files... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/targeted-adds-and-redirect-issues.958474/
Relevancy 43.43%

GFI have recently published a new ebook entitled “Targeted Cyber Attacks”, which describes a number of top security threats to corporate networks today and throughout 2007.

This ebook was made accessible to anyone, does not require any registration whatsoever and is completely free. Download the PDF directly here: http://www.gfi.com/whitepapers/cyber-attacks.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ebook-targeted-cyber-attack.540204/
Relevancy 43.43%

Past few days I have been getting pop ups that center right in the middle. They can't be moved at all, and I only have the option of closing them (via clicking the close icon "x"). Now these pops ups are titled TARGETED (and yes they're capitalized). Besides this, I just get a few minor pop ups now and then, but oh so frustrating .

Here's the attached HJT log:

Relevancy 43.43%

Issue I use Firefox as my browser and get random popups in an IE window The IE window isn't typical w browser buttons or any of Source Unknown Ie Popup From "targeted" the Ie Popup From Unknown Source "targeted" UI and it typically says quot TARGETED quot in the top left corner This is a Windows machine I Ie Popup From Unknown Source "targeted" have scanned this thing w the following and my pop-up issue is still present Spybot S amp D Ad Aware Spyware Terminator AVG everything Prevx SuperAntispyware Stinger and a few others My log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system csrss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exeC WINNT System nvsvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCD exeC Program Files VideoLAN VLC vlc exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINNT system taskmgr exeC WINNT system NOTEPAD EXEC WINNT explorer exeC WINNT system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeF Initial Download stinger exeC WINNT system notepad exeF Initial Download HiJackThis exeO - BHO Malicious Scripts Scanner - EA -F E - D A-B B - B FCB - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Prevx pxbho dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run PtiuPbmd quot Rundll exe quot Ptipbm dll SetWriteBackO - HKLM Run ASUS Probe quot C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINNT System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz quot nwiz exe quot installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINNT System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run WinVNC quot C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe quot -servicehelperO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher quot C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run InCD quot C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCD exe quot O - HKLM Run SpywareTerminator quot C Program Files Spyware Terminator SpywareTerminatorShield exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimizedO - HKLM Run PrevxOne quot C Program Files Prevx PXConsole exe quot O - HKLM Run ClamWin quot C Program Files ClamWin bin ClamTray exe quot --logonO - HKLM Run iKnowPS C Program Files iKnowPS iKnowPS exeO - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot minO - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run PeerGuardian quot C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe quot O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKUS DEFAULT Run WinPop C Program Files WinPop winpop exe User 'Default user' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce SetupICWDesktop C Program Files Internet Explorer Connection Wizard icwconn exe desktop User 'Default user' O - Global Startup InterVideo WinCinema Manager lnk C Program Files InterVideo C... Read more

A:Ie Popup From Unknown Source "targeted"

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum plasticquart My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Download and run Fixwareout from the link below: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/lonny/Fixwareout.exeAfter the reboot post the contents of the logfile C:\fixwareout\report.txt in your next reply.----------------------------------------------------------Please download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers. Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Also post a new Hijackthis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102099/ie-popup-from-unknown-source-targeted/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all first time poster This might be a weird question not sure how to classify it I usually never get spam emails but within the past week I've gotten very specific targeted spam emails to me emails... am spam Targeted I mean? infected? does What it One was pretending to be amazon com br marketing a Self-Help book Targeted spam emails... am I infected? What does it mean? It even used my full name and I do have Targeted spam emails... am I infected? What does it mean? an amazon com account and have purchased self-help books before It worried me but I thought it was just a Targeted spam emails... am I infected? What does it mean? fluke Now I got an email pretending to be - -CONTACTS and it again had my specific contact brand and everything that I ordered from them in the title I checked my mail logins and everything checks out - no suspicious login activity Plus past email confirmation orders from Amazon and - -CONTACTS I deleted a long while ago So my question is how are these spam emails so targeted to me Is there something on my computer that has been sensing my orders Is there another way for this information to be leeched out Is this a usual thing now somehow and everyone gets targeted spam and don't worry about it I'm so lost in understanding this area so any info would be appreciated I have Norton ran scans and I'm not infected I installed MalwareBytes after receiving the first email ran a scan and it detected the potentially unwanted program PUP Optional ASK not ASK A just ASK in my Firefox prefs profile I uninstalled Firefox and successfully quarantined the PUP in MalwareBytes ran scans since with no detection of it What is ASK and is that the problem Thanks--

A:Targeted spam emails... am I infected? What does it mean?

Hello do from step 6 on if this guide so we can find the item.Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589797/targeted-spam-emails-am-i-infected-what-does-it-mean/
Relevancy 43.43%

Grrrrr!!! lol not literally but every program I use a lately has a problem with windows seven from restore programs to recording programs but they all use to work ok, could it be its time for us to move on (windows 10) whether we wont to or not, so roll out the not work so well updates time, or am I just been paranoid

A:Who Thinks windows 7 is been delebritly targeted

Probably not so far fetched
It's best to Review windows updates for the inch by inch/ bit by bit unnecessary Optional updates that are and have been causing a lot of issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365771-who-thinks-windows-7-been-delebritly-targeted.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Anatomy Of A Targeted, Persistent Attack (2 web pages).

New report provides an inside look at real attacks that infiltrated, camped out, and stole intellectual property and proprietary information -- and their links to China

Take away from article:

1) Routinely, submit the files: svchost.exe, iexplore.exe, iprinp.dll
and winzf32.dll to scans by online scanners which use a multiple set of
detection scans.

2) Never publically post your email address or instant messaging handles.

3) Scan PDF documents prior to opening the documents, and web links prior to visiting a new URL link.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anatomy-of-a-targeted-persistent-attack.898284/
Relevancy 43.43%

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2007/09/10/tech-skype.html

A:Skype users targeted by virus

RootbeaR said:

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2007/09/10/tech-skype.htmlClick to expand...

Thanks for the alert RootbeaR. I have had two identical "calls" through Skype that look suspicious and which are probably this attack. Here's the text:

[08/09/2007 17:10:13] Security System Alert ® says: WINDOWS REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
============================

ATTENTION ! Security Center has detected
malware on your computer !

Affected Software:

Microsoft Windows NT Workstation
Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Win98
Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Impact of Vulnerability: Remote Code Execution / Virus Infection / Unexpected shutdowns

Your system IS affected, download the patch from the address below NOW!

htp://www.systemscan.org/?q=us-uk

(I've removed one of the t's from the http so that the link does not come up live in case someone accidentally clicks on it.) The domain systemscan.org comes up as registered in California but the owner is based in Warsaw. The ISP's domain msoftware.info has whois contact details in Moscow.

Whoever these people are it seems unlikely it is a legitimate Windows security alert. Beware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-users-targeted-by-virus.622297/
Relevancy 43.43%

Mac users who have downloaded pirated software recently may have been infected by a trojan horse that is being used to create the first Mac botnet an antivirus company warned The virus is transmitted through peer-to-peer P P networks where users can download pirated versions of Mac s word processing software iWork It infects the system by new trojan horse by Macs targeted installing itself as a root kit in Macs targeted by new trojan horse the Mac s operating system and then broadcasts its location to a remote server over the Internet Hackers can then connect to the infected Macs and take them over remotely over the Internet Antivirus software company Symantec recently discovered that thousands of Macs in Taiwan have already fallen victim to the trojan The firm warned that variant strains of the virus may begin to develop sparking a larger wave of infections if users continue to download pirated software Researchers said the virus uses infected computers as a springboard to attack more computers eventually forming a botnet or a network of computers with malicious software installed Computers that have been infected become a member of a zombie network said Thomas Chuang amp amp amp a senior IT consultant at Symantec The computer will be at the mercy of hackers who may use it in a distributed denial of service attack or for mass mailings of junk e-mails Chuang said that users who download pirated software from P P networks often face more problems than copyright infringement such as opening the computer to malicious software that piggy-backs on the pirated software Users who think they may have been infected should use a Mac antivirus tool to clean their system and remove the trojan Source- Tapei Times nbsp

A:Macs targeted by new trojan horse

Its high time I give up thinking of Mac nd linux operating systems as being the safest

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macs-targeted-by-new-trojan-horse.820279/
Relevancy 43%

Hey,

I'm wanting to know what I do to resolve these issues (attached). Do I need to worry? Thanks!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3894 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1723 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461838 MB, Free - 408425 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WXY9J
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 43%

I have been experiencing abnormalities with Firefox pages not loading correctly erratic navigation as well as other problems since about - - It was on that day that COMODO Code Please Firefox Has Help! - Malicious [SOLVED] Targeted Internet Security alerted me to several threats I have attached those logfiles to this post of which several were cleared Yet COMODO reported that it was unable to quarantine all of the threats Application Win Agent AGT and the quot advice quot was c documents and settings administrator local settings temp bunndle bunndleoffermanager dll and it informed be to call their technical support for assistance [SOLVED] Malicious Code Has Targeted Firefox - Please Help! However when I called their main objective seemed to be to sell me a package which I was not able to afford Without upgrading from their free software they would not offer any assistance So I attempted to resolve the issue myself I researched the problem that I was experiencing with Firefox did some troubleshooting of my own and determined that it seemed I was dealing with a troublesome rootkit or some other type of malware Most every reference I found on the web indicated as such So I registered with Tech Support Forum in hopes of finding a solution and started the topic Suspected Rootkit - Please Help Yet after careful review by a Security Team Analyst it was determined that my computer was clean I was relieved to learn of that news but still felt there was some problem that remained particularly with Firefox despite having troubleshooted the Firefox problem long before coming to TSF Nevertheless feeling confident that my computer was rootkit-clean I went back to focus on the problem with Firefox I found several helpful references here on TSF and followed the instructions given there One such reference was ' The Importance of Profiles' which led me to the reference ' Standard diagnostic - Firefox' which by following the instructions there helped me to realize that I was definitely experiencing one of two problems Either my COMODO was causing the problem with Firefox or that malicious code had targeted Firefox which made the most sense to me and was what I had suspected in the first place Under the heading 'Other Solutions' on the 'Standard Diagnostic -Firefox' reference Quote With Firefox completely closed open the application folder by default C Program Files Mozilla Firefox on Windows rename firefox exe to firefox exe then double-click firefox exe If Firefox runs without problems it could indicate that your firewall is blocking Firefox It may also indicate that some malicious code has targeted Firefox Note If firefox exe is always open specific malware may have targeted Firefox if it is set as the default browser Firefox is my default browser and it was running when I received that initial threat alert from COMODO I followed the instructions to ensure that COMODO was configured properly to work with Firefox yet the problem remained Then when I followed their tip to change the name of firefox exe to firefox exe and ran it FIREFOX WORKED PERFECTLY Therefore I am convinced at this point that if not a rootkit which I accept has been determined by a very competent TSF Security Team Analyst then some other malware or malicious code has targeted Firefox and my concern is if it may have targeted other files programs as well and or if it is still at work on my computer perhaps jeopardizing my security or the stability of my machine Please help me to identify and remove this problem from my machine and to restore it back to working order

A:[SOLVED] Malicious Code Has Targeted Firefox - Please Help!

Quote:

... then double-click firefox1.exe. If Firefox runs without problems, it could indicate that your firewall is blocking Firefox.

I don't see that you have fully ruled out the above possibility.

Download a fresh Firefox installer and a fresh CIS install package. Uninstall both Firefox and CIS - follow the procedures here: Standard diagnostic - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base and Uninstaller Tool for Comodo Products, inc CIS v5 | Install / Setup / Configuration FAQ - CIS. Enable the buit-in Windows firewall.

Reinstall Firefox and test (safe sites only!), if successful then reinstall CIS, test again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-malicious-code-has-targeted-firefox-please-help-696232.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello So i got the same virus as people in these topics http www bleepingcomputer com forums t reccuring-malwareadware-issue hl Boziris http www bleepingcomputer com forums t really-annoying-adware-issue buy-targeted-traffic (Chrome) and oziris adware hl Boziris I got it after downloading doulCi tool for bypassing icloud which is similar to one of these existing topics I'm not sure if i should follow the same instructions as he did so oziris and buy-targeted-traffic adware (Chrome) i just made my topic It was probably on February rd Tried a bunch on antimalware stuff malware bytes hitman rkill and others didn't help You are my last resort Addition txt attached Thanks Here is my FRST log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Edvinas administrator on EDVINAS-PC - - Running from C Users Edvinas Desktop Loaded Profiles Edvinas Available Profiles Edvinas amp DefaultAppPool Platform Windows Pro Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Cisco Systems Inc C Program Files x Cisco Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client vpnagent exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Innova Co S a r l C Program Files x game game-service exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mqsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamService exe Skype Technologies C Program Files x Skype Updater Updater exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamNetworkService exe OCZ Storage Solutions Inc C Program Files x OCZ Storage Solutions SSD Guru SSDGuru exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Messaging x wekyb d bbwe SkypeHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender NisSrv exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamUserAgent exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MpCmdRun exe NVIDIA Corporation C Users Edvinas AppData Local NVIDIA NvBackend ApplicationOntology NvOAWrapperCache exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Nota Inc C Program Files x Gyazo GyStation exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System StikyNot exe SteelSeries ApS C Program Files SteelSeries SteelSeries Engine SteelSeriesEngine exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation ShadowPlay nvspcaps exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Cisco Systems Inc C Program Files x Cisco Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client vpnui exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER wermgr exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Goo... Read more

A:oziris and buy-targeted-traffic adware (Chrome)

Hello nonstopaz and Welcome to the BleepingComputer.
My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
Please complete all steps in the specified order.
Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you  were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as  you can.
Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If  you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need  help anymore and your topic will be closed.
I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all  malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review  my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
Please open as administrator  the computer. How is open as administrator  the computer?
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will  interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do  this, please refer to get help here
Thanks

Scan with Zemana AntiMalware Free:
Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus and firewall programs while performing scan
Please download and install Zemana AntiMalware Free
Double-click software shortcut on the desktop and follow the prompts to install the program.
If an update is available, click the Update now button.
At the end Click Settings > Advanced > ''I have read the warning an wish to proceed anyway'' Click
Auto Launch > Untick the box next
Include All Browser Extensions > Tick the box next
Smart scan settings to replace as deep scan
Close all open files, folders and browsers
Click scan now and a threat Scan will begin.
When the scan is complete, Press report and send me report.
Note: I created this new guide. Hopefully the language a mistake is not .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604854/oziris-and-buy-targeted-traffic-adware-chrome/
Relevancy 43%

Quote:

Symantec Corporation warns users about a new targeted attack against Office, potentially capable of exploiting an already patched vulnerability found in the most recent editions of the popular productivity suite published by Microsoft.

The trojan detected by the security enterprise (Trojan.Activehijack) comes as an archive attached to a malicious (likely spam) e-mail, and is crafted to exploit one of the vulnerabilities described in the MS11-073 Security Bulletin published on September 2011. The affected software suites include MS Office 2003 (SP3), Office 2007 (SP2) and Office 2010.

The already patched flaw is exploited in a way that is unusual among targeted attacks, Symantec explains: while previously identified attacks come as a single document file containing the exploit, this new one arrives as a pair of files ? a Word document and a .dll library file.

New, unusual targeted attack against MS Office in the wild - Neowin.net

A:New, unusual targeted attack against MS Office in the wild

eh these hackers are so annoying. I got Microsoft word 2003

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/213714-new-unusual-targeted-attack-against-ms-office-wild.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi,
When I download a software and during installation, they will start to install programs into my computer and I do not even know where they install some of their codes such as in the registry etc.

I also know that if we go to some websites, they will also try to install some codes into our computers.

I dont mind the above except some softwares and some sites.

So can someone recommend me a software that is able to search and destory only the targeted programs or codes.

Thanks

Relevancy 43%

Hi guys a lot of research online brings me here and I hope this will be the last stop before I put my fist through the screen of my laptop So a few days ago my computer can t connect to wireless stuck in Limited mode Troubleshoot says - quot wireless connection doesn t have a valid ip configuration quot i ve uninstalled the driver put valid settings from another laptop I have I ve uninstalled Bonjour i ve put netsh commands still nada The Solved: PLUS fail configuration UBS fail valid Not tether itunes phone plus ip USB connection I could use to tether also stopped working I ve tried other wifi connections and they don t work either The strangest thing is that itunes won t recognize the phone but windows does and i can go inside the folders I have the x x ipconfig forgot the name but like I ve read here before it can t get to DHCP The laptop is months old lenovo windows Would really appreciate some input on what else to try Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Not valid ip configuration plus UBS tether fail PLUS itunes phone fail

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-not-valid-ip-configuration-plus-ubs-tether-fail-plus-itunes-phone-fail.1145969/
Relevancy 43%

Hi l've been having a constant to to Updates Fail, Fail Slow Windows Service, Connect a Response, etc issue with my computer and I can't seem to get out of this trouble no matter how many times I reinstall and even wipe out my hard drive I wiped out everything in my hard drive and installed Updates Fail, Slow Response, Fail to Connect to a Windows Service, etc windows Ultimate for the ' th' time and the same problems happen every single time Right after the install it seems to work fine but as I install numerous windows updates as it recommended almost forced me to 'cause it does automatically my computer becomes so slow in everything It doesn't start up the menu and such looks as if I'm in a safe mode blocky and old looking even if I manage to start it up have to wait more than min or even hr for it to respond The situation I'm having now is the pop up message saying quot Failed to connect to a windows service windows couldn't connect to the System Event Notification Service service This prevents standard user from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond quot Also the computer has been failing at installing several updates such as Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB KB KB KB KB Because of that it sometimes ran chkdsk on the boot screen and deleted fixed files I don't think it's caused by virus 'cause I wiped out every single file in my hard drive before I reinstalled windows And obviously my hard drive is almost empty because of that Is it possible that either motherboard or hard drive is damaged and not working Or do I need a new windows OS I don't understand why I'm having the same issues even after I reinstall and delete everything in my hard drive for the times in total as I repeated many times

A:Updates Fail, Slow Response, Fail to Connect to a Windows Service, etc

Please post
1) an MGADiag report -
Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see what the problem is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html
Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Ignore errors produced when clicking on the Copy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.
2) Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/270149-updates-fail-slow-response-fail-connect-windows-service-etc.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a custom built PC installed with Windows XP Lately its been having trouble but it is full blown rebellion as of last night I think its probably a virus but I m not that experienced Windows up Hard Issues Drive fail, fail XP Crash start - with diagnosing Issues My web browser FireFox crashes when trying to view Windows XP Crash Issues - Hard Drive fail, start up fail certain things Windows XP Crash Issues - Hard Drive fail, start up fail PDF files are the main crash point I have a GB flash drive that I have to reformat it every time I use it which doesn t fix the problem it just lets me transfer again until I have to format it again I have two hard drives that make up c d e f i j and k drives When I opened quot My Computer quot I J and K were missing I couldn t see or access them Its been freezing up a lot forcing me to reboot most recent Now when I try to reboot it will rapidly switch screens from the black scanning log in windows xp with the blue bar filling up and a blue error screen The blue error screen says to reboot if its the first time i ve seen this then it gives steps to follow if i ve seen it before I ve tried to run it in safe mode and it hasn t worked Please if you have any ideas let me know Is it possible to recover my saved files I backed up my files awhile ago but it is saved on a drive that is missing I J or K If you need more info just ask Thanks for your help

A:Windows XP Crash Issues - Hard Drive fail, start up fail

Hi there
So what I gather is that you now cannot start your computer up at all, due to this issue. I'm actually unsure of the problem, it sounds to me like a Virus has been at your computer. It can't really be a hardware issue I don't think... I mean it is possible that what could have been happening is that your computer (Desktop or Laptop?) is overheating and its been damaged because of that... But that wouldn't really make sense, and also having Custom Built a computer I'm sure you'd have been smart enough to install a thoroughly capable cooling system.
It sounds to me like your hard drive has been corrupted though, BSOD usually means a pretty big issue. Thats why I was thinking hardware problem to begin with, you don't often get it for Virus's.
A couple of things we need to know:
Do you have any sort of Anti-Virus installed? If so, which one? How frequently did it scan? Did you find any virus's?
Also, how far into the boot process does the computer get before it loops? Are you able to enter BIOS settings before Blue Screen comes up and it loops? What happens when it loops?
And do you have a startup / boot disk for your computer. You certainly should do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357232/windows-xp-crash-issues-hard-drive-fail-start-up-fail/
Relevancy 42.57%

Firefox Users Targeted by Rare Piece of Malware PC World Posted on Thu Dec PM ESTResearchers at BitDefender have discovered a new type of malicious software that collects passwords for banking sites but targets only Firefox users The malware which BitDefender dubbed quot Trojan PWS ChromeInject A quot sits in Firefox s add-ons folder said Viorel Canja the head of BitDefender s lab The malware runs when Firefox is started The malware uses JavaScript to identify more than financial and money transfer Web sites including Barclays Wachovia Bank of America and PayPal along with two dozen or so Italian and Spanish banks When it recognizes a Web site it will collect logins and passwords forwarding that information to a server in Russia Firefox has been continually gaining market share against main competitor Internet Explorer since its debut four years ago which may be one reason why malware Piece Users Targeted Malware. By Of FireFox Rare authors are looking for new avenues to infect computers Canja said Users could be infected with the Trojan either from a drive-by download which can infect a PC by exploiting a vulnerability in a browser or by being duped into downloading it Canja said When it runs on a PC it registers itself in Firefox s system files as quot Greasemonkey quot a well-known collection of scripts that add extra functionality to Web pages rendered by Firefox BitDefender has updated its products to detect it and other vendors will likely follow suit quickly Canja said Users could avoid it by only downloading signed verified software but that s a measure that restricts the usability of a PC he said Source LINK

A:FireFox Users Targeted By Rare Piece Of Malware.

Thank you Aussie for the info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/184231/firefox-users-targeted-by-rare-piece-of-malware/
Relevancy 42.57%

Quote:
SSD (Solid State Device) is trending towards replacing magnetic based hard disk drive but typically, its capacity and pricing is still not comparable with conventional hard disks. Good news now, Super Talent has unveiled one of the largest RAIDDrive SSDs in the world targeted for server and high end gaming....

Read The Full Scoop Here...:Super Talent’s RAIDDrive SSDs Targeted for Enterprise Servers, Workstation and Gaming Segments ? My Digital Life

A:Super Talent’s RAIDDrive SSDs Targeted for Enterprise S

Thanks for the read, they are stilll too expensive, I will wait until they drop their prices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25599-super-talent-s-raiddrive-ssds-targeted-enterprise-s.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Corporate Executives targeted in Focused Security AttacksThe ISC is reporting that executives are being selected and sent email with malicious agents embedded in WORD documents While AV scanners can detect these a narrowly targeted attack may be well tested by the senders to ensure it gets past AV software Additionally In Corporate Executives Security Targeted Focused Attacks many companies may not be blocking either ZIP or DOC based attachments Corporate executives would always be concerned over any quot official looking quot email from the IRS Better Business Bureau Federal Trade Commission etc The well socially engineered attack is not prevelant in-the-wild but it is a growing concern The main goal could be to gain confidential information passwords or even scam the company potentially All untrusted documents or web links must be avoided Malware authors can copy true HTML from the website or email and create a document appears genuine in every respect Sometimes they can t spell and that s a clue but lately many items I ve seen are very official looking EXAMPLE I recently received in my bulk mail filters a hallmark greeting card invitation that was so authentic that I felt it Corporate Executives Targeted In Focused Security Attacks was truly a congratulatory e-card from a friend Having developed web pages for over a decade I explored the underlying code Everything was geniune except for the main link with pointed to a numerical IP address There was also a malicious POSTCARD EXE downloader trojan horse as part of the web address I closed out of the HTML edit session and browser and deleted this one immediately RECOMMENDATION As a counter-measure everyone should cross-check email messages from the IRS government authorities banks credit card agencies stockbrokers billing entities software vendors etc directly by phone or otherwise Never take action on an email message alone and always be very careful to avoid any attachment or web links that might be present in unexpected or suspicious documents Corporate Executives targeted in Focused Security Attackshttp isc sans org diary html storyid This is another word document with a malicious embedded object similar to the BBB IRS FTC and other targeted trojan documents A word of caution Do NOT open strange documents or run untrusted binaries on a machine you don t wish to format and reinstall the OS on

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96202/corporate-executives-targeted-in-focused-security-attacks/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok I posted a thread and it said I had an old version to download new and post new log file but i cannot find my old thread so sorry if this is a double post ran ad-aware til no threatsran spybot could not remove following been having this problem for weeks or so C WINDOWS system drivers core cache dsk data C WINDOWS system drivers core sys system file HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM Controlset Services core settings ran avgran StingerInstalled Sygate thanks nice programHere's the "targeted" Mini Service.multi.pops.com Pop Windows And Up log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services Service.multi.pops.com And "targeted" Mini Pop Up Windows exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files Apoint K Service.multi.pops.com And "targeted" Mini Pop Up Windows Apntex exeC Program Files Common Files C E C E- D - - - Update exeC Program Files HPQ shared hpqwmi exeC Program Service.multi.pops.com And "targeted" Mini Pop Up Windows Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC DOCUME carter LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for HiJackThis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe trayO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeO - HKLM Run PCTAVApp quot C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAV exe quot MONITORSCANO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIBVA EXE FU quot C WINDOWS TEMP E S tmp quot EF quot HKLM quot O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startguiO - HKCU Policies Explorer Run C E C E- D - - - quot C Program Files Common Files C E C E- D - - - Update exe quot mc- - - O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CABO - DPF C E-FA D- -BACC-D C EF EPUImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps wl activex eB l v - - - cabO - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft AB - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeO - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeO - Service AVG Update Service Avg Upd... Read more

A:Service.multi.pops.com And "targeted" Mini Pop Up Windows

Hi forsomethingelseClick here to download HJTInstall.exeSave HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis . Click on Install.It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted. DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.After that:1. Download combofix from one of these links:Link1Link22. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next replyNote:Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stallPost:- a fresh HijackThis log- combofix report

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102880/servicemultipopscom-and-targeted-mini-pop-up-windows/
Relevancy 42.57%

Targeted Attack Nets 3,000 Online Banking Customers.

Major financial institution's commercial and consumer customers bilked of more than $1 million so far

-- Tom

A:Targeted Attack Nets 3,000 Online Banking Customers

Bad link, Tom
This appears to be the same issue...
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20013246-245.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/targeted-attack-nets-3-000-online-banking-customers.942242/
Relevancy 42.57%

Attackers once again are targeting an unpatched vulnerability in Adobe Reader that allows them to take complete control of a user's computer, the software maker warned.
Adobe said it planned to patch the critical security bug in Reader and Acrobat 9.1.3 for Windows, Mac and Unix on Tuesday, the date of the company's previously scheduled patch release for the PDF reader. According to Security Focus here, attackers can exploit the vulnerability by tricking a user into opening a booby-trapped PDF file.

More -
Critical Adobe Reader vuln under 'targeted' attack ? The Register

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/251770-critical-adobe-reader-vuln-under-targeted-attack.html
Relevancy 42.57%

These special targeted attacks are highly focused and very limited Still everyone in sensitive Office Targeted Attacks Exploit Cyberspies Microsoft Using organizational settings e g Cyberspies Exploit Microsoft Office Using Targeted Attacks military government etc should be cautious and look beyond traditional email approaches to safely exchange sensitive information All users should avoid opening any untrusted attachments or URLs Cyberspies exploit Microsoft Office using Targeted Attackshttp www usatoday com tech news computer ft-office N htmhttp isc sans org diary html storyid Cyberspies have a new secret weapon tainted Microsoft Office files A rising number of cyberattacks are taking aim at specific individuals at critical government agencies and corporations enticing them to unwittingly open a corrupted Word Excel or PowerPoint file sent as an e-mail attachment Clicking on the file relinquishes control of the PC without the user s knowledge The attacker then uses the compromised PC as a base from which to roam the organization s internal network Federal agencies and defense and nuclear contractors are under assault Security firm Message Labs says it has been intercepting a series of attacks from PCs in Taiwan and China since November The Office file attacks are quot very targeted and very limited quot says Mark Miller Microsoft s director of security response who called on workers quot to absolutely extend extreme caution quot when opening Office files in e-mail

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90022/cyberspies-exploit-microsoft-office-using-targeted-attacks/
Relevancy 42.57%

Brace yourselves for quite a saga In the beginning I bought an HP p tablet with Vista on which BSOD, Mystery Fail-to-start Fail-to-Shutdown, I installed the upgrade to Windows It worked wonderfully and I loved it After a few months of working well I started getting strange symptoms It started with not recognizing some USB devices unless the computer was started with them plugged in Then a failure to shut down correctly After selecting shut down Windows would give me the quot Logging Off quot screen then move to the quot Shutting Down quot screen and stay there indefinitely The only way to shut down the system Mystery BSOD, Fail-to-Shutdown, Fail-to-start was by the physical power button So that was concerning but turning it back on was fine and everything but shutting down was normal Then another development whenever I left the computer on and unused for any period of time it would restart On logging in windows would tell me quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot telling me the reason was BlueScreen and some diagnostic info I don't remember but that proved no help anyway Of course clicking quot check for solution quot did no good I figured I'd wait till the semester was done to figure out what on earth was up which of course it didn't let me do Upon trying to turn it on once I was surprised with an immediate BlueScreen and quot Windows failed to start quot I consulted with a GeekSquad guy who suggested I might have been suffering from a corrupted hard drive So I bought a new one and installed it installed Windows fresh and thought I was golden I had backups so I didn't lose much It recognized USB devices now without a restart THEN having left the computer for a while and come back I was angered to find the computer restarted and the same 'ol quot Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot message Ahhh So I went back to forum-reading and discovered the latest AVG update had been known to cause BlueScreens Okay so I installed another fresh Windows just in case and installed Microsoft Security Essentials instead Alas that wasn't it either--back to BlueScreen no shutdown More forum reading left me thinking maybe one of the drivers for HP's Mobile Data Protection System namely hpsysfil sys For some reason Device Manager wouldn't uninstall it for me it just sat on quot uninstalling quot so I removed the driver and the accompanying inf files No improvement In fact the fail-to-startup is back I'm reinstalling Windows THIRD TIME right now and I'm not going to touch it after it completes to see what happens What is possibly left Something I read made me think RAM issues But it works perfectly for a while and for some reason the problem progresses The only common factors left Mystery BSOD, Fail-to-Shutdown, Fail-to-start are Microsoft Office and Google Chrome both of which I immediately installed But I used both for months before an issue occurred If you got this far Mystery BSOD, Fail-to-Shutdown, Fail-to-start thanks for reading all that But HELP

A:Mystery BSOD, Fail-to-Shutdown, Fail-to-start

Hi,

Please follow the http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post2545708

Attach the .zip file to your next post in this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/mystery-bsod-fail-to-shutdown-fail-to-start-536982.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Gang this is an issue I am stumped on At a law office a lawyer uses Outlook not Express on Win XPP SP on a Dell laptop docked Recently they moved offices but the ISP is the same Centurylink The level of service SMTPauth Outlook fail/fix/fail/fix 2007 Solved: is the same and sadly his main mail account is with the ISP Shortly after movein his account stopped authorizing I checked it via webmail and everything looked peachy None of the account settings had changed Solved: Outlook 2007 SMTPauth fail/fix/fail/fix It worked one day next day it didn t and no matter what I tried it could never get credentialed again So I setup a quot new account quot with the same settings per their website It worked I double checked all settings and they are identical to the failed one Fastforward it happened again This time out of desperation I uninstalled AVG as it has been known to cause this sort of problem via its email scanning function Double checked my answer with an IT guy nearby and he agreed it was the most likely Still the nd account then would not login so once again I recreated the account New one worked fine - settings identical to the other Now it has happened again with one difference only the login authorization to the outbound server smtp is blocked Incoming Pop works outgoing is blocked The new protection package is AVAST Free The system is behind a LAN Router tied to the DSL modem - a pretty simple rig other XPP systems in the office have mail accounts on Centurylink and they are ok I m stumped completely whipped Any clues or things to check thanks z nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Friend of mine gave me her Acer Aspire 5742z-4813 because it fails to boot and eventually asks to repair, which it doesn't. Can't enter safe-mode, either.

Only thing she's said is that her daughter installed Norton 360 a few days before it crashed.

Things I've tried:

At command prompt, ran the following with no effect: bootrec.exe /FixMbr, bootrec.exe /FixBoot, bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd, chkdsk /f E:, and finally chkskd /f /r /x.

I also entered BIOS and changed HDD mode to IDE from ACHI. No joy.

Thanks in advance, guys.

A:[SOLVED] Win7 Fail to Boot, Fail to Repair

Test the HDD, download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature, burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature, boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the drive. If either test fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win7-fail-to-boot-fail-to-repair-873338.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Good cant fail update of programs do help please windows statup much or anything fail evening all Just to flag that this has also been posted in W Support sub-forum here Other thread Re the instruction thread - the link to DSS doesn't seem to work and GMER is for -bit only If there's anything I can do to kick things off please let me know and I'll do it I've googled extensively around the issues I am facing and tried all proposed solutions but none have worked thus far Symptoms I have - minutes of freedom after booting then I can no longer run new programmes I also cannot close some programmes e g Skype Tabs in Chrome spazz flash player dies and any new navigation ends up with an eternal hanging loading problem Unable to restart shutdown conventionally I have to do it physically I get the error quot Failure to display security and shut down options quot when I try ALT CTRL DEL Safe mode is absolutely fine so I assume it's not anything hardware related though please correct me if I'm being naive My second drive which runs off XP which I only use for storage now boots fine and has no problems I have not installed any new drivers programmes or otherwise made any meaningful changes recently Solutions I've tried Reset winsock Shut off all start-up programmes using MSCONFIG Run virus scan at boot-up deleted items win installmate windows update fail or statup programs fail cant do much of anything please help prob trojans Was an exe that I had downloaded but never ran Run Malwarebytes windows update fail or statup programs fail cant do much of anything please help scan deleted fairly innocuous item Run full scan-disk check Run a SFC scan - no integrity violations No system restore points exist to roll back to deleted by a virus perhaps I have tried a totally clean boot which works fine but introducing quot Services quot reverts me back to same problems as before For the record I use Vuze occasionally but only use highly upvoted or known-to-be-safe torrents Otherwise I do not engage in any typically risky behaviour e g running unknown exe visiting spammed links generally engaging in internet security newbie errors I am totally stumped and naturally thought that TSF's collective genius gt mine Any help would be warmly appreciated Many Thanks G

A:windows update fail or statup programs fail cant do much of anything please help

Hello chivalrousgent and our apologies for the oversight of your thread.

Do you still require assistance?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/virus-cannot-start-programmes-and-failure-to-display-security-and-shut-down-options-672544.html
Relevancy 42.14%

According to an assessment published by the Information Warfare Monitor, Chinese hacktivists (politically motivated hackers) have recently launched a targeted malware attack against foreign news correspondents attempting to trick them into executing a malware-embedded PDF attachment (Interview list.pdf), coming from a non-existent editor working for The Straits Times.

More -
Chinese hackers launch targeted attacks against foreign correspondents | Zero Day | ZDNet.com

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/250271-chinese-hackers-launch-targeted-attacks-against-foreign-correspondents.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I just came to my parents' home for the holidays and found out that both of their computers have had the same issue my computer Firefox Google pages Analytics minutes 15-20 targeted every opening just started having as of this afternoon It seems to be spreading over their network Needless to say I'm not too happy Darn click-happy family click on any and all links that are e-mailed to them As I am new to this forum I tried to run the dss scr file but the only thing that pops up is a PEV dat file in notepad that looks like a bunch of ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs not readable at all Can anyone please help me start to remove this Firefox opening targeted Google Analytics pages every 15-20 minutes son-of-a-b annoying malware from my computer so Firefox opening targeted Google Analytics pages every 15-20 minutes I can then fix my parents' computers as well Thank you so much for your help I am so looking forward to fixing this problem Finally got the dds scr to work properly Here is my dss txt output the Attach zip is attached DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by Caroline at on Wed Internet Firefox opening targeted Google Analytics pages every 15-20 minutes Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB AV AntiVir Desktop Disabled Updated F C - CE- C F- C- B A B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AntiVir Desktop Disabled Updated B E DCD- F - E - D C- CF DCF A SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted c Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FAService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral afc f cfedd STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbengine exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components scheduler STService exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline ex... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/firefox-opening-targeted-google-analytics-pages-every-15-20-minutes-537962.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello so my problem consist when i use browser Chrome at first launch it opens up orion zerohorizon promoting windows and then i get promote buy-targeted aswell in another tab automatically ive removed them from startup withing setting but promote.buy-targeted-traffic up popping on browser & keep orion.zerohorizon yet they still popup also when i close them maybe - mins it will open up by itself whether or orion.zerohorizon & promote.buy-targeted-traffic keep popping up on browser not if im using the browser so orion.zerohorizon & promote.buy-targeted-traffic keep popping up on browser i could be playing or using word and it will just pop out Many thanks Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by validate administrator on VALIDATE-PC - - Running from C Users validate Downloads Loaded Profiles validate Available Profiles validate Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AVG Technologies CZ s r orion.zerohorizon & promote.buy-targeted-traffic keep popping up on browser o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe AVerMedia C Program Files x Common Files AVerMedia Service AVerRECentral exe AVerMedia TECHNOLOGIES Inc C Program Files x AVerMedia AVerUpdate AVerUpdateServer exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Seagate Technology LLC C Program Files x Seagate DriveSettings Sync SeagateDriveSettingsService exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Device Interaction Service GarminService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Phone Tools CoreCon bin IpOverUsbSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe MSI C Program Files x MSI Super-Charger ChargeService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe NETGEAR C Program Files x NETGEAR Genie bin NETGEARGenieDaemon exe NVIDIA C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Windows System PnkBstrA exe ePlayWorks Inc C Program Files x ePlayWorks AVStreamer PoSrv exe C Program Files x Razer Razer Services GSS GameScannerService exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe Splashtop Inc C Program Files x Splashtop Splashtop Remote Server SRService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe Splashtop Inc C Program Files x Splashtop Splashtop Software Updater SSUService exe NVIDIA C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation System Update UpdateCenterService exe VMware Inc C Windows SysWOW vmnat exe VMware Inc C Windows SysWOW vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files x VMware VMware Workstation vmware-hostd exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Realtek Semiconductor C P... Read more

A:orion.zerohorizon & promote.buy-targeted-traffic keep popping up on browser

Hello vent1 and Welcome to the BleepingComputer.   
 My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
Please complete all steps in the specified order.
Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you  were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as  you can.
Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
Ensure your external and/or USB drives are inserted during always the scan.
If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If  you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need  help anymore and your topic will be closed.
I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all  malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review  my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
Please open as administrator  the computer. How is open as administrator  the computer?
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will  interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do  this, please refer to get help here
Thanks

Crack and keygen !
This is the main reason your computer is infected. Visiting cracksites/warezsites - and other questionable/illegal sites is always a risk.
Even a single click on the site can drop multiple forms of very serious malware, many of which disable your onboard protection, and System Restore.
If you install the cracked software, you are running executable files from these dubious, unknown sources. You are in effect giving these sources access to information on your hard disk, and potential control over the operation of your computer.
Additionally, cracked programs are illegal. Before posting for help, we ask that you uninstall any such applications, as indicated in this sticky topic.
Referring to the Forum Rules which you should have read at the time of Registering at this forum, BC does not support illegal activity. As such, be advised that any request for assistance in removing malware may go unanswered, or may be discontinued, if the cracked (illegal) software is still present on the machine.
In 2006, a study revealed that 59% of keygens and crack tools downloaded from peer-to-peer networks contained malicious or "unwanted" software.

Going over your logs I noticed that you have µTorrent installed.
Avoid gaming sites, pirated software, cracking tools, keygens, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs.
They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a wide variety of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Many malicious worms and Trojans spread across P2P file sharing networks, gaming and underground sites.
Users visiting such pages may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and malicious Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users.
The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid these types of web sites and not use any P2P applications.
It is pretty much certain that if you continue to use P2P programs, you will get infected again.
I would recommend that you uninstall µTorrent, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove these programs, you can do so via Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597451/orionzerohorizon-promotebuy-targeted-traffic-keep-popping-up-on-browser/
Relevancy 42.14%

The Conficker worm is one of the most dangerous malware threats in years especially for corporate users A new quot C quot variant has been developed that s even more potent and stealthier than the two prior variants It s imperative that Microsoft s MS - patch be applied to all servers and workstations while the worm is currently dormant If it establishes a foothold anywhere Fools for Major - Update Worm Conficker.C Day targeted April in the network it can even spread to systems that are patched with the MS - if they are insecure in other areas i e it uses multiple attack methods Please take precautions now as this one will be even more difficult than quot B quot was to clean Conficker C Worm - Major Update targeted for April Fools Dayhttp techfragments com news Software to Spread htmlhttp Conficker.C Worm - Major Update targeted for April Fools Day arstechnica com security news -activation arshttp www maximumpc com article news this april fools dayhttp news cnet Conficker.C Worm - Major Update targeted for April Fools Day com - - - html http www ca com us securityadvisor virus s aspx id QUOTE Just when you might have thought it was safe to start using USB Conficker.C Worm - Major Update targeted for April Fools Day flash drives at work again the third and by all accounts most fiendish version of the Conficker worm that s infected millions of PCs already is set to attack on April st Ars Technica reports Conficker C s designed to hide itself even more thoroughly than its older siblings Conficker A and Conficker B using tricks such as Inserting itself into as many as five Windows-related folders such as System Movie Maker Internet Explorer and others under a random name of course Creating access control entries and locking the file s Registers dummy services using a quot one name from column A one from column B and two from column C quot methodTo find out what happens when Conficker C strikes join us after the jump Conficker C s payload makes it harder than ever to recover from being infected Deactivates Windows Security Center notifications Prevents restart in Safe Mode Prevents Windows Defender from running at system startup Deletes all system restore points Disables various error-reporting and security services Terminates over twenty security-related processes Blocks DNS queries Blocks access to security and antivirus websites And to top it all off Conficker C can choose from a list of domains to contact out of a pool of way up from Conficker B s out of Conficker C - Detailed Evaluation by SRI http mtc sri com Conficker addendumC QUOTE Variant C represents the third major revision of the Conficker malware family which first appeared on the Internet on November C distinguishes itself as a significant revision to Conficker B In fact we estimate that C leaves as little as of the original B code base untouched Below are some resources for information and cleaning tools for the Conficker worm Conficker - Cleaning tips for corporate usershttp msmvps com blogs harrywaldron archi rate-users aspxInternet Storm Center - Conficker Resource Center http isc sans org diary html storyid Microsoft Resourceshttp support microsoft com kb http www microsoft com technet security n ms - mspx Conficker c - April st payload still a mystery to researchershttp www computerworld com action articl ticleId QUOTE PCs infected with Conficker c the third version of the worm that first appeared late last year will use a new communication scheme on April to establish a link to the command-and-control servers operated by the hackers who seeded the malware The date is hard-coded into the worm which in turn polls any of a number of major Web sites including Yahoo for the date said Stewart quot So far we haven t seen any evidence on those machines of what it will do April quot added Stewart although that s to be expected quot It s not April yet so they re not going to put something online where it might be found In fact it s almost a little risky for us to try to... Read more

A:Conficker.C Worm - Major Update targeted for April Fools Day

So then.. whats the best way to defend our self from it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213648/confickerc-worm-major-update-targeted-for-april-fools-day/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys. My problem is whenever I open Google Chrome, it opens up onto hxxttp://orion.zerohorizon.net, which is a site that promotes Windows 10 and then I also get hxxttp://promote.buy-targeted-traffic.com as well in another tab automatically. When I close them, after 5-10 minutes, it will open up by itself whether or not I'm using the browser. Thank you.

A:orion.zerohorizon & promote.buy-targeted-traffic popping up in Google Chrome.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

FF Plugin HKU\S-1-5-21-979687796-2120489439-1397635093-1001: @acestream.net/acestreamplugin,version=3.1.1.1 -> C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\ACEStream\player\npace_plugin.dll [2015-08-06] (Innovative Digital Technologies)
FF HKU\S-1-5-21-979687796-2120489439-1397635093-1001\...\Firefox\Extensions: [[email protected]] - C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\ACEStream\extensions\awe\firefox\acewebextension_unlisted.xpi
FF Extension: Ace Stream Web Extension - C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\ACEStream\extensions\awe\firefox\acewebextension_unlisted.xpi [2015-12-18]

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the LogFile button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleanerCx.txt (x is a number).===Reset the browsers that have been compromised.Reset Chrome...Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon which is located right side top of the google chrome. Click "Settings" then "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of the screen. Click "Reset browser settings" button. Clear your cache and cookieshttps://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/183083?hl=enSelect "From the beginning of time"Restart Chrome.===Let me know if the problem is persisting.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602493/orionzerohorizon-promotebuy-targeted-traffic-popping-up-in-google-chrome/
Relevancy 41.71%

I ran a hardware scan via the Lenovo Solution Center and my laptop passed every test but three contained in the "storage devices" subsection. The tests were the - Targeted read test- SMART short self test- SMART drive self test. with a result code of WHD01V01I-UL7A6K. My OS is windows 10 64-bit. What do these failed tests mean? Is there a way to fix them?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Thinkpad-EDGE-E440-failed-targeted-read-test-SMART-short-self/td-p/3358014
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I am really stuck My installation SP1 Win - install - fail fail repair 7 crash of Win Ultimate has a problem It will Win 7 crash - SP1 fail - repair install fail not install SP occasionally dies with the BSOD sfc shows corrupt files that it cannot repair start up repair from the repair disk cannot repair problems and a repair install from the OEM disk terminates before it finishes I have run virus scans Vipre and malware scans using the MS utility - the machine is clean The problem had been an annoyance I couldn't solve until Saturday When I left on a business trip on the nd the PC was working fine When I returned on the th the machine was running but the desktop was pixillated I rebooted and it seemed fine The next morning it wouldn't boot from my primary HD None of the repair actions using the repair disk or the OEM disk worked On boot I would get an error message that files were missing I tried replacing the 'missing or corrupt' files from a good Win installation on my laptop same OS disk No help - just a message other files were missing I finally copied all the System files and pasted them in No joy My work around was to nuke a second HD and reinstall a earlier image - about a week earlier The system is up and running boots normally but is not right I cannot run a repair install from the OEM disk - it stalls about of the way The sfc still indicates there are corrupt files it cannot fix MS System Update Readiness doesn't fix the problems I'm running Sysinternals Process Monitor - it shows a number of 'Name not found' results I have no idea of the relevance or relationship I am back operating but I feel like I have the sword of Damocles hanging over my head just waiting for the next crash It seems if I could just do a repair install it might fix the problems Any suggestion on how to stop the repair install from stalling Also is there any way to create an image of of everything but the OS I love to be able to nuke a HD do a clean installation of the OS and reload all the programs and files from an image Could this problem in any be related to the PC itself It is a Dell Inspiron AMD Athlon X with GB Corsair RAM I had it about years I never updated the BIOS One other thing I used the same OS disks to load Win on my Dell Inspiron laptop - no problems - sfc is clean Any help would be appreciated I'd like to avoid a clean install if I possibly could

A:Win 7 crash - SP1 fail - repair install fail

Last night I stumbled on to something that solved my inability to perform a repair reinstall of Win7 Ultimate. Keep in mind, my machine would not boot and that I had to restore my system from an image after none of the repair techniques would solve the problem. After restoring from the image I was able to boot up, but still could not perform a repair reinstall of Win7. Also, sfc still identified that there were corrupt files it could not repair.

I started to suspect something hardware related like mobo, RAM, or BIOS - not for any deep technical reason, just that nothing else seemed to work. I read something about 'bad RAM' or damaged RAM slots potentially causing problems. I pulled out 3 of the 4 1 GB Corsair CM2X1024-6400 sticks and ran a repair install.

The reinstall of Win7 Ultimate worked fine, no hitches. When I ran sfc after it indicated no problems. The automatic update downloaded a ton of MS files - all installed without a problem (I still haven't seen SP1 - and I not sure I'll try to install it yet, if it does show up.)

I'm going to reinstall the RAM one stick at a time and run memory diagnostics. I'd like to understand what happened. It's important for me to find out if it's a back stick, a bad socket, or something to do with mobo. Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.

One specific question: If I have to build a new computer - new mobo, cpu, and case - can I just rebuild the OS and apps from an image? The current computer is a Dell Inspiron 531. The original OS was preloaded Vista that was later upgraded to Win7 Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162126-win-7-crash-sp1-fail-repair-install-fail.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, first time poster here.  I work for a composer managing/troubleshooting his computers.  One of them recently started failing to reboot and I can't even get into Safemode.  Trying to system restore fails with the error 0x800700b7.  I read a few other threads having the same issue resolved by the Farbar Recovery scan then fix.  I downloaded FRST64.exe, put it on a USB stick, ran it and created the attached FRST.txt log.  Can someone help me with a Fixlist.txt solution as well?

Many many many thanks in advance!

A:Win 7, startup fail, Windows repair fail

Hi composerken
I will be handling your computer issues to help you get up and running again. Please give me some time to look over your situation and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your patience.
polskamachina

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511192/win-7-startup-fail-windows-repair-fail/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I've been directed here by Reid from the HijackThis Help section quot Hi debell These errors appear to be software related My suggestion is for you to post in the Windows XP section of the forum giving them all restart, mode, fail, restart, fail.. crash, fail..safe restart, the detail and explanations you've given me and let the experts there give you a hand with this quot Here are the 'event' logs Plus some event that might shed some light on the crash, restart, fail, restart, fail..safe mode, restart, fail.. problem A little while ago i had to power off Upon restarting after more than hours the display would 'disappear' while still in the boot-up process I shut down with the 'power' button on the PC amp restarted in Safe mode That worked But again a 're-start' from there would go through the whole process but before the 'windows is starting' screen the display disappeared In crash, restart, fail, restart, fail..safe mode, restart, fail.. fact the monitor seemed to be dis-connected from the source - it has power-supply and 'indicator showed interface with comp - then abruptly the connection itself was gone Finally after few more tries with the same results i Chose 'Enable VGA mode' from the startup options screen where Safe Mode etc are offered as options That worked I saw your mail amp replying accordingly Thanks very much Event Type Error Event Source DCOM Event Category None Event ID Date crash, restart, fail, restart, fail..safe mode, restart, fail.. Time PM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer USER Description DCOM got error quot This service cannot be started in Safe Mode quot attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments quot quot in order to run the server BE F - - D -B - C FB AF For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source DCOM Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User USER Administrator Computer USER Description DCOM got error quot This service cannot be started in Safe Mode quot attempting to start the service netman with arguments quot quot in order to run the server BA AE - - D -B D - FC E For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer USER Description The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load AFD Avg Core Avg RsW Avg RsXP Fips IPSec MRxSmb NetBIOS NetBT Processor RasAcd Rdbss Tcpip VET-FILT VET-REC VETMONNT vsdatant WS IFSL For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer USER Description The TrueVector Internet Monitor service depends on the vsdatant service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer USER Description The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer USER Description The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer USER Description The DNS Client service depends on the TCP... Read more

A:crash, restart, fail, restart, fail..safe mode, restart, fail..

I don't think those a really errors, only warnings. Windows is just telling you about all the things that can't be started in safe-mode. I'm 50% sure that if you boot into safe-mode on any computer you'll see a whole bunch of those warnings in the event viewer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crash-restart-fail-restart-fail-safe-mode-restart-fail-105049.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi All.
I hope somebody has a cheap solution for me. I have a Canon Pixma MP530 printer - excellent machine. But it has no network support or slot for a card. Now it has to move 10meters away from the PC, so the USB connection is beyond limits.
Is there a way I can get around this without spending a lot of money?
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Cheers.
Martin.

A:USB won't reach

A USB repeater should work for you if you can run a physical line to the printer. It looks and works as shown on the following page, http://www.usbgear.com/USB_Repeater_Cable/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wont-reach.692601/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello:

I am an avid WoW player, But I am having problems even getting 20 fps in raids. I ually get 50-60 anywhere else, but where it matters. I think if I give you info about my Laptop, maybe someone can help me out.

ASUSTek Computer Incorporation
Model: ASUS notebook G50VT Series
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU P7450 @2.13 GHz 2.13 GHz
Memory: 4.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System.

My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS

I think if someone can help me change the settings of my video card, or maybe get a better one, more memory ,etc. Then any help is appreciated.

-Jikininki

A:Trying to Reach 60 FPS

have you tried to upgrade your video card driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-reach-60-fps.141731/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello. Recently, my Windows 8 has been working fine, but when I woke up this morning, I was not able to access the Internet. It has been int he same spot for the last few days and Internet was perfect, but this morning, it would not connect to any. Basically, it won't even list any. I know I'm not too far away and I'm sure it's still working because:

1) My father and sister are using it.

2) I've gone to two different houses with different internet, nothing changed.
I've been trying to fix it since 7 this morning and I feel like I'm going to just burst into tears of frustration. My audio is also not working, but I care more of getting the Internet working. And my computer will not allow me to turn on Windows Security Center.
I hope someone can fix this, and if they do, I will be seriously grateful. Thanks much, sincerely, Heather.

A:Cannot Reach Networks

Well it would help to know if you have looked to see if the unit is in Airplane Mode, or the wireless is turned off. The other is what is the manufacturer & exact model number of the device? Also is this a Tablet, laptop, Ultrabook, or Desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/44704-cannot-reach-networks.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I got a very serious problem My laptop s CPU is reaching most of the time for no reason reason... no CPU with reach 100% I scanned the machine with Norton but nothing I installed and run SuperAntiSpyware but found nothing I tried Hijack this but for some reason highjackthis de is not giving me any results when I try to analyze the log Could you please try and help The situation is impossible Dell WinXP SP Internet Explorer Norton AV corporate This is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved CPU reach 100% with no reason... at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files CPU reach 100% with no reason... Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Common DataServer exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system FortiSslvpnDaemon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PGPserv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR Service exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR WatchDog exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files NTRU Cryptosystems NTRU Hybrid TSS v bin tcsd win exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR GUI Exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager DocMgr bin docmgr exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Babylon Babylon-Pro Babylon exe C Program Files Common Files Aladdin Shared eToken etCoreMgr exe C WINDOWS system detectcard DetectDatacard exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Copernic Desktop Search DesktopSearchService exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files PGP Corporation PGP Desktop PGPtray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE POWERPNT EXE C Program Files TechSmith Camtasia Studio TSCHelp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http dellsearchedit myway com samisc dellsidebar jhtml R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com content default aspx c il amp l he amp s bsd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www euro dell com content default aspx c il amp l he amp s bsd R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe deSrcAs dll O - Hosts officenter O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe deSrcAs dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS Sy... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-reach-100-with-no-reason.762929/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have Windows 10 and get the following message repeatedly when accessing the internet.  How can I fix this issue?

?

Hmm, we can't reach this page.
Try this

Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://www.dell.com
Refresh the page
Search for what you want

A:Hmm, we can't reach this page

gary47la,
Where you able to reach the Dell website yet? If not, can you get to other websites? You can click the link below and choose Windows 10 from the list and follow the information to resolve your connection issue,
Dell Networking and Wireless Support Center

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19981077
Relevancy 38.7%

I made LAN of my PC and laptop using 1 additional Network adapter in my PC and connecting them both with CAT5 Cross-over cable. I manually stated IP's in Network TCP/IP connection configuration, respectively 192.168.0.1 for my PC and 192.168.0.2 for my laptop.
Problem begins here - i can ping from PC to laptop and receive response, connect to it and see shared folders/printers. But when i try to ping from laptop to PC, all i get is - Request timed out. Any other connections is impossible from laptop to PC impossible also. Although in Connection Status window, i can see how my PC receive pinging's packets. Both computers firewalls are off.

P.S. - cant explain this but - when i change ends of cable between computers, my laptops "ping -t" for PC, gets responded 4 times and continues getting timing out after.

A:One computer can't reach other in LAN

when i change ends of cable between computers, my laptops "ping -t" for PC, gets responded 4 times and continues getting timing out after.Click to expand...

I applaud your trouble shooting. Most people never think of switching the cable like that.

The result makes the cable a top suspect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-computer-cant-reach-other-in-lan.853966/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a PC that was working fine 3 weeks ago and havent used it since. I turned it on the other day to use it. It booted up, got to the 4 blue boxes for windows and expected to load my desktop but it didnt. I tried using gparted live and then install windows 8 again, saw the 4 blue boxes again and loaded devices and then no desktop again. What could be causing this?

I tried using 2 different HD's. 2 different dvd players, 1 integrated video card and 1 I installed. I have tried windows 8 and 8.1 but cant seem to get to my desktop. Can someone plz help.

thx

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello
This post is in regards to a website that I'm attempting to access. Within the email there is a highlighted link "Store" where I access a link to purchase my photos.. Clicking on this link Message reads Cannot reach this page, Refresh or Search. Clicking on Refresh nothing happens, click on Search brings up all the connecting websites but each one I try to open they all show the same. Cannot reach this page. This website is the only one that shows that. All others such as My Bank , Kaiser etc all open without incident. I do not understand this .I tried everything I even sent an email to this company about this issue The email could not be sent either , Up until today I have had no problems with this company/website. What happened, and Why? I have Windows 10 Microsoft Edge

A:Cannot Reach this page

1) Right click the link, click on Copy Link, and paste it in the address bar. Does it look like a valid website link?
2) If so, search for, and open, on your computer
iexplore.exe
and paste that link there and try it, does it work?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/65411-cannot-reach-page.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have been trying to clean up this mess for a couple of days now, agh!

Got a bunch of the anti-spyware/adware things, Hijack This, etc...

Happy to post a log file if needed, how do I get the browser to stop redirecting the URL? Is this some sort of DNS change?

Any help is appreciated, and of course, thank the Godz for sites like this one where fellowship and assistance can be found!

A:Can't reach Google

Please don't post dupliates. Reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=1772534#post1772534

This thread is now closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-reach-google.249418/
Relevancy 38.7%

As of last week I can t access a site anymore The site in question is www sythe org I m in frequent contact with the admin and I m assured that I m on no firewall list or anything Why a reach can't certain I website? of the likes I m using wireless on my laptop My desktop computer which is upstairs uses the same internet but it s connected to the modem it can load the site as usual yet I get this error when I try to load it from this laptop Error net ERR CONNECTION TIMED OUT When I ping the website I get loss from the packets sent along with quot general failure quot I ve tried different browsers checked my firewall turned off antivirus etc but still can t go on to the site like I used to I called a friend up who has the Why can't I reach a certain website? same ISP as me and he can load it just fine too I can still view the website using proxies but I could face problems if I log onto my moderator account using it I really need some help please I have Win bit Windows firewall ESET NOD Netgear wireless G nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi folks, I was a dumbass and got "Internet Antivirus Pro" . I folowed your guide and on a friends pc I got a remover for "Secure Antivirus Pro" It seemed to do the trick and I got rid of the malware but now I can get to any site except this one. I was on internet explorer and firefox. I finally just downloaded google chrome and I was able to use bleepingcomp.
Have I still got some bug in there somewhere? After I used the virus remove tool I bought AVG 8.5 Internet Security Pack and loaded it up. Anyone got any ideas
Thanks

A:Cant reach bleepingcomputer

Let's see if there are any remnants left over messing with your HOSTS file or other settings.Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it.Before saving any of your security programs, rename them first. For example, before you save Malwarebytes', rename it to something like MBblah.exe and then click on Save and save it to your desktop. Same thing after you install it. Before running it, rename the main executable file first

Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run..Another work around is by not using the mouse to install it, Just use the arrow keys, tab, and enter keys. ~ Courtesy of boopmePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here or here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.Please include the following in your reply:MBAM log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227910/cant-reach-bleepingcomputer/
Relevancy 38.7%

When installing software for new external Maxtor drive, I suddenly could access neither the MAXTOR NOR my C:. Running Dell, XP, Intel P4. How to reactivate C: drive???? Thanks PS Have tried "New Hardware" plug and play options....says: "drive installed"???.

A:Can not reach C: drive

go to control panel>admin tools>computer management>disk management and put a partition on it.

you will then be able to access your external drive.

adambaz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-reach-c-drive.262225/
Relevancy 38.7%

For the last or days I ve not been able to connect to several sites including Microsoft com windows update and several other MS related sites iwon com and connections to a number of sites have slowed to a crawl This is several IE reach sites cannot occurring on two computers XP Pro SP k Pro SP I have a third computer running Server with no problems connecting to any site The IE cannot reach several sites XP SP upgrade was over a month ago and I ve had no problems related to that other than my computer slowing down a bit What really throws me is this occurring on two different computers using different O S s I ve checked the IE security settings tab and the advanced tab on all three machines they are all set to default Note I ve been running MS Antispyware on these two machines for several weeks with no problems I also run Spybot on the k machine I would appreciate any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Since yesterday, I have been unable to reach IMDb using either Firefox 2.0.0.14 or IE 7. I am also unable to reach Bleeping Computer. I am able to reach IMDb via their numeric IP address and am also able to go to the site using its DNS on my cell phone's browser. Bleeping Computer cannot be reached from either the computer or phone.

I checked my Hosts file and neither site is listed there.

My ISP is XO/Concentric dialup.

Thank you.

A:Cannot reach IMDb

Have you tried them today? Both are working....

For the record, last night I could not reach Google for almost 10 minutes....

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/159670-cannot-reach-imdb.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have Windows 10 and get the following message repeatedly when accessing the internet.  How can I fix this issue?

?

Hmm, we can't reach this page.
Try this

Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://www.dell.com
Refresh the page
Search for what you want

A:Hmm, we can't reach this page

gary47la,
Where you able to reach the Dell website yet? If not, can you get to other websites? You can click the link below and choose Windows 10 from the list and follow the information to resolve your connection issue,
Dell Networking and Wireless Support Center

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981077
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello friends at TSG,

I can't reach the website: http://www.allaboutjazz.com

My browsers just time out ( IE8 & Firefox 3.6.8 ). The only way I have found to fix this problem is to use custom network settings with Selective Ack disabled. I recently did a clean install of Win XP and left the default network settings, which I thought would remedy the problem. There is no blocking in place that I'm aware of (browser, firewall, etc.) Tracert is successful. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have:
Win XP SP3
Comodo 4.1.15
Avast 5.0.594
Linksys WCG200-CC gateway provided by Comcast

Relevancy 38.7%

I used to have excite.com as my home page. I can no longer get to it or to lycos or alta vista. I was told to edit the host file in spybot search and destroy. I could not so I dumped spybot altogether. ihave edited it from the other hosts files which i found but still cannot get to these sites. Any suggestions? thanx. charlie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-reach-certain-pages.233180/
Relevancy 38.7%

I can access http www qmiles com On this page you need to enter member number and pin code Enter any member No and pin code and login Box indicates 'you are about to view pages over a secure connection' Click OK Requested page does not display Status bar first indicates 'Opening page https secure qmiles com FrontPage jsp' then changes to 'Connecting to ' and finally 'Done' and particular web reach a cannot page displays a page saying 'Page cannot be displayed' I use windows XP Professional with Service Pack and Tiscali broadband This same problem exists at Tiscali broadband site I have checked in this area but works OK at an AOL site and also at Tiscali broadband site a few miles away Can you suggest what I should do to be able to view the login page This is not a security or firewall problem as the problem is present even when antivirus and firewall are turned off As the site is accessible from another site it does not appear to be a security problem I can access the cannot reach a particular web page secure bank sites

A:cannot reach a particular web page

I can get to first link but second IP comes as unavailable. Perhaps the page is generated uniquely based on input you provide when logged in and cookies you have on your machine. If you have a bad cookie or temp internet file the page cannot be generated. Try emptying temp internet files and deleting cookies.

Quote:

inetnum: 213.130.112.192 - 213.130.112.255
netname: Qatar-Airways-13443
descr: Qatar Airways-13443
admin-c: AS8416-RIPE
tech-c: JL2798-RIPE
mnt-by: QTEL-NOC
source: RIPE # Filtered

person: Azam Shaikh
address: Qatar-Doha-Qatar Airways-P.O.Box22550
phone: +974-4496436
fax-no: +974-4496494
e-mail: [email protected]
nic-hdl: AS8416-RIPE

person: Justin Lazar
address: Qatar-Doha-Qatar Airways-P.O.Box22550
phone: +974-4496436
fax-no: +974-4496494
e-mail: [email protected]
nic-hdl: JL2798-RIPE

% Information related to '213.130.96.0/19AS8781'

route: 213.130.96.0/19
descr: Q-Tel New Allocation Block
origin: AS8781
remarks: Qatar ISP New Block - QA-QTEL-20020516

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-reach-a-particular-web-page-89449.html
Relevancy 38.7%

For some reason I am unable to reach Ann Coulter - Official Home Page on my computer It's been several weeks since I was last able to visit the site The problem happens in every browser I have including recent or current versions of Firefox IE Opera and Chrome I can reach any other website I try to get to just fine I never used to have any trouble reaching that website Can't site one reach until about a month ago No one else uses this computer and I live alone It appears that I've blocked that one Can't reach one site site but I'm darned if I can figure out how Here's what I've tried so far Run Avast Free Antivirus with the latest version of the program and definitions Results no threats found with either the quick scan or the full scan Run Malware Bytes with the latest Can't reach one site definitions Results Results two threats found and removed but I still can't reach the Coulter website Checked my Hosts file Results nothing there is blocking any website Checked my router settings Can't see any blocks there Had other people try to access the site they were successful Googled and found one Can't reach one site other forum where someone was having the same problem with respect to the Coulter website But his problem apparently went away two weeks ago He didn't indicate if he had done anything to make it go away Checked the Windows Event logs but can't see anything there reflecting my problem Can anyone suggest anything else I can check I can live without this website working but it's bugging me that I can't get there because I don't know what's blocking my access

A:Can't reach one site

Since it's happening in all browsers, my guess is it's blocked in your modem/router. Any liberals been around? lol

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-reach-one-site-670696.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I m having trouble very similar to the guy who started this thread http forums techguy org showthread php t I would just follow the advice given in that one except I saw that some of the advice was based upon the specifics of his problem So I think maybe I should post some of the same info he did and see what everyone has to say In the next couple of posts I will put the information he was asked to post In addition to not being able to connect to symantec com I m having some other problems as well I have gone for quite some time without updating my virus definitions because it just wouldn t work Recently I found a way to get new virus definitions in Norton AV via a server at my college reach can't www.symantec.com Once I did and ran an scan Norton found instances of viruses on my machine As soon as I saw some of the names that came up I headed for Symantec com to download any fixes they might have had That s when I noticed the connection problem Additionally if I leave my computer sitting for a while minutes or so when I come back nothing works I have what appears to be a normal desktop sitting there but when I click the start menu I discover it s empty None of my quicklaunch buttons work either I suspect this might be the effects of a different virus than the one that s blocking me from connecting to symantec com So the gist is I m going to need help in the process of cleaning all these buggers of my computer so this thread might take us all over the place FYI I m running an AMD K I think MHz MB RAM Windows XP Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

I recently ran a scheduled diagnostic test of my PC with the manufacturer's diagnostic software. I received two error messages and the advice to promptly replace my hard drive. The first message was Failed (Error code: WHD20-1VR) and the second was Failed (Error code: WHD16-T57). The apply to Targeted Read test and Smart Short Self Test respectively.

So I ran Chkdsk for the C: drive and received no error messages.

Which is correct and what should I do about it? The error message won't go away on the software.

Thanks for helping.

A:Question: Failed Targeted Read Test and SMART Short Self Test

CHKDSK is a very basic check that mostly checks file system and can be set to scan for bad sectors. The manufacturer's diagnostics actually check the physical drive to make sure its operating within the designed parameters and is more thorough.

You should replace the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-failed-targeted-read-test-and-smart-short-self-test.1003278/
Relevancy 38.27%

I would like to be able to suppress the Out of Office message for particular email addresses (like I could on Lotus Notes!), but cannot see a way to do this.

The need is especially useful for newsletters and other non-manned addresses, because the ooo message triggers an auto response from them which triggers another ooo from me.... well you get the picture.

I also have my home emails copied to my work Outlook account, and when I have the ooo message set, it triggers an ooo message to the sender - I may be out of the office, but not necessarily away from home!

Hope someone can help.

A:Outlook 2003 "Out of Office" message targeted suppression

Has this problem been solved?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-out-of-office-message-targeted-suppression.536534/