Windows Support Forum

Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

Q: Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

Hi - I am going insane here I have added a new email account on my isp website to our office Outlook All settings and passwords are correct - I can even view the darn new account via webmail so I am sure this issue is with Outlook so I enter new email account as per all Solved: settings new - issue account fails Outlook test 2003 email the others we have and the test settings fails as follows The Find outgoing server is In progress I am prompted for a password that is not accepted even though I set the darn thing both online and in the dialogue box in outlook I am using win XP Outlook We have three email aco s already in place that work fine no errors or password prompts I have removed the new account from my isp and re-entered and tried multiple times entereing a new email account in outlook I even got the isp service to sed a reg file with my new email account settings in it to automatically enter the info into new account I have turned off firewall - same issue Is there something I need to delete - change inthe registry I have tried searchin the Forums but nothing pertinent and Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails can t spend all day browsing - sorry Many Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

please post ur email settings screenshots here...you dont need to setup or registry setups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-new-email-account-issue-test-settings-fails.863541/
Relevancy 103.2%

I am trying to import my email accounts & settings to the way they were before I did a custom install of Windows 7. For the life of me, I can't figure this out. I tried to follow tutorials and nothing seems to work.

My situation is different also because I have 8 POP email accounts. Do I have to enter the email account information back in or can moving the .pst files do this?

A:Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

Did you use Outlook 2003's built-in feature to Export before? Or, did you just copy the .pst file to a safe place while reinstalling Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/285322-import-email-account-settings-outlook-2003-after-wind-7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 and the Operating system is Windows XP pro.
I am unable to create a new email account in Outlook.

When I click on Add email account and click next , the screen where it says to select the server type. ALL the options are disabled. I cannot select any server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 84.71%

I had a Windows XP corruption to my system folder wherein I had to reinstall my operating system and "wipe out" my harddrive.

I have my entire "old" harddrive with all settings, files, etc. on it, and now my computer is up and running with Windows Vista Business.

I have successfully added my old PST file to the new OS and it works, however how can I get my Outlook 2003 rules, email accounts, etc? I'm not able to "export" as I cannot run the old Outlook program?...

Are these files located somewhere that I can manually add them (replace, whatever) to the new Vista OS/hard drive?

Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-rules-email-accts-settings-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-07.638548/
Relevancy 84.71%

If I try to change the settings of an existing IMAP email account, or to click on "More settings", I get the error message: "The requested operation failed"

That's the case with all my IMAP accounts, but not with POP accounts. The problem is still there after a reboot.

This is with Vista. I never had this problem with XP. Have you experienced that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cannot-change-imap-account-settings.603138/
Relevancy 84.71%

While trying to fix an issue with selecting text, I got a .cab error that has now been fixed.

However, now when I open Outlook, it is asking to establish a new email account, as if I am a first time user. i can't access the existing email account, and all of the emails, folders etc. An archive.pst file still exists and by the size appears to contain all emails, folders etc.

Does anyone know how I can locate and reinstate the existing email account to access the existing emails etc.?

If this is not possible, can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?

Thanks,

Hotchi

A:Outlook 2003 email account gone

Hotchi said:

can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?Click to expand...

Yes, I'd say your best option is to do that. Luckily you still have the previous PST file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-email-account-gone.122496/
Relevancy 83.85%

Is there a way to copy email account settings?

I want to set up outlook to be able to send mail from the same account for several people by copying a file or a GP on server 2003. 

A:Copy outlook email account settings

I don't have Outlook configured on this machine, but I seem to recall that there is a way to export account settings and importing them again on Outlook on another machine.

Depending on what verison(s) of Outlook you're using, and what e-mail server you're trying to connect to, you may only need to have the correct userid and password and it might be easier just to create the account fresh.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597058/copy-outlook-email-account-settings/
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm using Outlook 2003 and Windows xp professional. Ever since I was required to install Outlook Connector to connect Outlook with my hotmail account, I've had connecting issues. Most of the time I get them worked out, but this time I can't. I've tried reinstalling Outlook Connector and removing and then adding again my email account to Outlook. When I try to connect, there is a red X in the lower right window of Outlook and it says
Mail: error
Calendar: error

The thing is, when I created a new hotmail account (and a gmail account for that matter) I was able to easily connect both of them to Outlook without problem- it is only this original email account that will not connect. Please help if you can!
Loren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-connect-to-email-account.911236/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have multiple email accounts download into my Inbox folder; each email account has its own unique name under Account Settings. When I try to "Sort by Email Account," the groupings are correct (i.e. each group represents one account); however, the grouping title is incorrect...it says the same name for all of them.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
JC

A:Outlook 2003 - Sort by Email Account

Hi carlyman

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

This sounds interesting.

Are the e-mail accounts subaccounts of one ISP or each a different domain as in:
1) a Gmail account
2) your own ISP account
3) and maybe another free account like my.inbox.com ?

You mention each account has its own unique name under Account Settings. Does this mean the accounts do not have their own unique name listed under the E-mail Account Header column?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sort-by-email-account.709895/
Relevancy 83.85%

I've seen some posts with similar issues here; however none of them seem to address my problem exactly.

Here is what happens.

When I change my default EM account under 'Tools, E-mail accounts' it accepts the changes. However, in reality it keeps the old default and always reverts back. The only way to set a new default EM account is to delete the old one.

However, as soon as I add the deleted account once again; immediately Outlook reverts back once again.
Anything to be done? Or do I have to delete the profile and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help !

Relevancy 82.13%

My dell laptop, doesn't allow me to select POP3 at the time of initial set up of email accounts in outlook. I am using office 365 license version.
Please guide how to change email account settings from IMAP to POP3 as one of my email id is need to change since otherwise it park all my email on server and the same gets full.
thanks,
Nilesh Gupta

A:How to change email account settings in outlook from IMAP to POP3?

Use Office Outlook on your desktop as your email app instead of windows 10 Mail-Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) and select Office's Outlook as your default. The win 10 Mail app is for webmail and home user use. You might need it for your Microsoft webmail Account but use Office Outlook as your mail email program for POP mail. Office Outlook and Outlook.com are unrelated in spite of the recycled name.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19989642
Relevancy 80.41%

I have had some success in further troubleshooting of Outlook The culprit with Outlook running very slow and swamping the system at CPU usage is with one of the three email accounts I Account CPU - Stopped Usage POP3 Outlook - Email 2003 Climbs Working had set up with it Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs I deleted the email account entirely and now Outlook runs smooth as a whistle with very low CPU usage But does anybody know why all of a sudden that email account started messing up Outlook I tried adding it back as a new email account but it keeps telling me the following error when I TEST THE SETTINGS Log onto incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server POP The problem could be your SSL or port settings for the incoming server Verify your port and SSL settings under More Settings on the Advanced Tab I have done this and called the folks who handle that email server to verify I have the correct settings but still get the above error Also when I attempt to re-add the email account CPU usage climbs to above - and Outlook no longer runs as smoothly nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

First, outlook is a good tool, but a poor choice for email. Consider using other software
such as Thunderbird.

All the data in Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Email) is held in the single .PST file for each user;
the bigger it gets, the more time and cpu it takes to get into it.

As for the errors, it would appear that the settings are wrong.
The pop3 stuff is for reading your email from the ISP and the smtp is for sending;
each can be correct / incorrect.
You need the pop3 domain name (something like mail.domain.com or pop3.domain.com)
the correct port number (usually 110), AND
the proper login (secured or unsecured).

The sending side almost always requires a secured login on port 25.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-pop3-email-account-stopped-working-cpu-usage-climbs.99474/
Relevancy 79.98%

When I respond to email messages I get the attached error message. What setting(s) do i need to change?

A:MS Outlook 2003 Email Issue

Looks like you are responding to e-mails in html mode. Your IE internet/intranet settings are probably set to not allow active X controls which isn't really a great problem unless you can't stand the message. Open IE internet options and go to the security tab -custom level, scroll down and make sure the following are checked:

run active x controls and plugins
script activex controls marked safe for scripting

or if your not totally paranoid set the internet zone to medium high. Hopefully that helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281039/ms-outlook-2003-email-issue/
Relevancy 79.98%

We use XP and have a secured network, my users can log on to different computers and add their email acct to the computer and access their mail. Only this time one of my users did that but in the process did something wrong and now when she logs on to her regular computer and opens her email none of the messages are there. But when she logs back on to the pc she was borrowing earlier all her emails are there. Not sure what to do??
THanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-issue.905126/
Relevancy 79.98%

I need to add an email account to Outlook 2002 for a user. When I try to do so I'm told I cannot do so from within Outlook and I must create the new account by accessing the "Mail" icon in control panel. The problem is there is no mail icon in the control panel. I'm not certain if this is a result of a security policy or if there's something else I'm missing. The OS is Win2K SP3, fully patched and up to date. I tried uninstalling Outlook and then reinstalling under the users profile but the issue persists. I would imagine there must be some way I can delete the current Outlook profile via the registry. If anyone can shed some light on how I might resolve this issue I'd be greatful. Thx.

A:Outlook 2002 Email Account Issue

You can launch the executable file from Explorer. I can't remember it's exact name, but it's something akin to MLCFG.EXE. Do a search and see if you can find it....

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-email-account-issue.133579/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have several email addresses stored in Outlook and my main address is selected as the default.

When I create a new message, the default address is used. However, when I reply to a message or forward a message, it alternates between my different email addresses and I have to manually change it to send from my regular email address, which is annoying.

I can't find anything in the Help section on how to fix this and there don't seem to be any settings to override this.

I can't even seem to create a new Rule to automatically send from my regular email address (but shouldn't have to do that anyway).

Any ideas??????

Relevancy 76.11%

prior to the past week or so, any hot links in emails I was able to click and open up a webpage etc... Now in several computers, the links just take me to MSN.com home page. WTF. Anyone know of a fix for this, annoying to copy/paste everything. MS do something with Win10 to make older office versions not work right? UGH!

https://hardforum.com/threads/not-sure-if-proper-area-but-win10-and-office-2003-outlook-email-issue-with-links.1907946/
Relevancy 74.39%

This should be an easy problem to solve, but I have been unable to figure it out...

On the windows login screen, right below my login name, there is a little note that says how many new mail messages I have- This however was set up by my ex-boyfriend under his hotmail account. I'd like to change it to one of my accounts if possible, (I primarily use a university based webmail account), and if I can't change it to anything but hotmail or msn then I would like to remove it.

I haven't been able to figure out where to find this setting.

Any ideas or help would be most appreciated.

-Alex

Relevancy 74.39%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that has two hard drives. One contains Outlook email that used to be on MS Exchange. This account is not currently active. The other is my day to day hard drive with an active Outlook account. Both OS'es are Windows XP.

How can I copy an email that is on the old MS Exchange Outlook account to my current active Outlook account?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Copy an Outlook email to another Outlook account

File > Save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copy-an-outlook-email-to-another-outlook-account.892114/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey fellas Got a strang one here It s an MSI PT Neo V and a P I believe I originally ran the regular memtest and it failed at test every pass Funky 7 fails memtest86+ test on always RAM issue, various places in the ram from the mb spot to Funky RAM issue, always fails memtest86+ on test 7 the mb spot on a mb stick of Kingston Point is I ve tried about different sticks of RAM and it always fails on test in random places with every stick I ve tried Kingston DDR DDR I tried Corsair as well Then I tried different OTHER speeds like PC and Nothing works Then I starting running the newer memtest and it also fails everything on test I m just running stick at a time So I reset the BIOS in case there was some weird speed issue thing didn t help all BIOS settings are auto-detected Always failing in test Why do you suppose memtest and mt would always fail on test on any stick of RAM Besides a bad motherboard is there any logical reason for this kind of error I don t even know what test is or what that could mean guess I should do some research But I thought I d ask just in case anybody knows what this could be thx P S Windows is not really affected except that recently the customer says suddenly Windows will not open any programs You can move the mouse and do basic things but no programs will open not even task manager it just seems frozen have to shut it off I am guessing this could be because the RAM is acting up That s when I found this issue nbsp

A:Funky RAM issue, always fails memtest86+ on test 7

Test 7 in Memtest86 does random 32-bit sequences (i.e., AE4F8BC1) and switches them frequently to see how the RAM accomodates the change of sequencing patterns. I don't think it's a software error since I've never seen anybody with a similar problem to yours. It could be a faulty memory controller. Do you have another motherboard where you can try the RAM on? This will tell you whether it is the motherboard's problem or RAM's problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/funky-ram-issue-always-fails-memtest86-on-test-7.44230/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I would like to migrate my outlook autocomplete settings from Moving OUtlook autocomplete PC a settings to Solved: different 2003: one computer to another however I m having some difficulties with this Here s what I know and have done so far I have one PC made with an image and an email account with Outlook via Exchange server On a newly imaged PC same Solved: OUtlook 2003: Moving autocomplete settings to a different PC image as old one I add in my email profile to Outlook and then paste the Solved: OUtlook 2003: Moving autocomplete settings to a different PC lt username gt nk file over the default one I know that Outlook autocomplet settings are stored in C Documents and Settings lt username gt Application Data Microsoft Outlook lt username gt NK But it doesn t matter if I copy just this file or the whole Outlook folder here Regardless of what I do my autocomplete entries are missing when I start up my Outlook account on the new PC All email on Solved: OUtlook 2003: Moving autocomplete settings to a different PC our computers are stored on the Exchange server but the settings as far as I can tell are all stored locally things like signatures etc So in conclusion what I want to know is how to migrate the Outlook autocomplete settings from one PC to another Thanks JFresh nbsp

A:Solved: OUtlook 2003: Moving autocomplete settings to a different PC

I dont know if you have this feature but if you have the full Office 2003 edition you might.

1. Click Start > All Programs
2. Select Microsoft Office, and highlight Microsoft Office Tools.
3. Click Save My Settings Wizard.
4. Go through the Wizard. Dont change any settings.
5. When complete navigate here: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\
6. Cut and paste this file "New Settings File.OPS" to a USB or CD.
7. Place that file (New Settings File.OPS) from the USB or CD on the computer you would like to transfer settings to in My Documents.
8. On the computer you would like to transfer setting do this:

1. Click Start > All Programs
2. Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard.
3. Click the button "Restore Previous Settings To This Machine".
4. Click Next and specify, on the new machine, where the file is that you pasted from the USB or CD.
5. Click Finish and you're all done.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-moving-autocomplete-settings-to-a-different-pc.483056/
Relevancy 72.67%

I'm trying to setup my verizon e-mail account. But the test e-mail keeps failing even though all the login info is right.

Help. =(

Relevancy 71.81%

I have 4 email addresses on the one account, when I generate a new email, the account icon is missing, making it send by the default email rather that let me pick which email address to use.

I believe that it did work but for some reason this option has stopped.

Hope you can help, thanks

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 Email Accounts

Hi CCBurke

Open a new message, verify you have the Standard Toolbar showing:
View > Toolbars > Standard

If the Standard Toolbar does appear and it is missing the Accounts button, right click on the Toolbar and select: Customize
On the Commands tab > Categories pane scroll down and select: Standard

Highlight the Accounts command on the left side and drag it up to the Toolbar and drop it.
Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-email-accounts.823987/
Relevancy 71.81%

I am trying to figure out why my Outlook will send email but will not receive it My settings are all correct I verified them receive 2003 won't Outlook email :( Solved: with the ISP and I m on an inbound POP server and outgoing SMTP The error I receive is The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving POP server If you continue to receive this message contact your server administrator or ISP I contacted the ISP and they claim there is nothing on their end that is affecting this I do not leave a copy of messages on the server so my account isn t too chubby There is mail on the webmail application but still cannot get it to come to my inbox in Outlook My internet browsing speed is fine so it has nothing to do with that I tested my settings and all works well including incoming I simply do not know what could be wrong Suggestions Any help would be appreciated Business email being down for a few days is always detrimental Edit Forgot to mention - everything was working fine up until days ago We changed nothing at that point It just stopped receiving nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Here s the scenario I had to use the quot recovery disks quot that came with my Toshiba laptop to avoid a hard drive crash which has forced me to re-install my MS Office software which includes my email program Outlook I remember when I first installed it I had the same problems trying to receive email My IP Outlook Help! receive Can't email Solved: 2003 in Charter Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003 said they could only help me establish my internet connection which they did but said I would have to contact a Microsoft tech support Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003 person to get my connection issues resolved with Outlook I had to cough up for a quot service fee quot to get a tech support person from Microsoft to help me out over the phone I remember having the change the incoming and outgoing quot port quot settings from the default settings of for incoming and for outgoing to get the program to work Naturally I forgot to write down the new settings and now I m having the same problems I had when I first installed Office I can access my email thru the webmail at charter net and when I used the quot test account settings quot after setting up Outlook I could see the test message sitting in my quot inbox quot at Charter s webmail site I Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003 m pretty sure I m having the same port settings problem again Can someone help me find out the correct port settings to key in so I can use Outlook again Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003

Since Charter controls which port to use, then THEY should be able to tell you which one(s) to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-cant-receive-email-in-outlook-2003.848512/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a problem when creating an email message in my Outlook I 2003 Outlook glitch Solved: email create a New Solved: Outlook 2003 email glitch Untitled Message I left click on the TO option to search my Solved: Outlook 2003 email glitch Contacts for the name I want I get this error The address list could not be displayed The Contacts folder associated with Solved: Outlook 2003 email glitch this address list could not be opened it may have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book see Microsoft Outlook help If I click on the OK option a Select Names drop-down menu opens with Contacts in the show names from Using the down arrow a list containing the following appears Outlook Address Book Contacts Contacts Personal Address Book The first item Outlook Address Book shows no entries in this address book The next Contacts shows the error message in item from above The next Contacts shows ALL my contacts which is what I want The last Pesrsonal Address Book shows nothing I tried following the help for removing a contacts folder that isn t desired but since the name is the same I can t delete remove the one that has nothing in it A point of info for you I installed Outlook from my original CD I then opened Outlook created a dummy contact then deleted the OUTLOOK pst file Then I imported moved my saved OUTLOOK pst into the same location where the file belongs Additionally because of this glitch I cannot make rules either Error from above occurs Please advise nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-email-glitch.768266/
Relevancy 71.81%

I am using Outlook 2003 with several different email accounts. Is there a way to have email sent to a specific account routed to a folder other than the "Inbox". In other words can I have mail for Account A sent to the Inbox and mail from Account B automatically go to another folder?

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Solved: Routing Email in Outlook 2003

You should be able to set up a Rule (Tools menu -> Rules and Alerts) to process messages coming through a specific account and put them into a specific folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-routing-email-in-outlook-2003.648970/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,

I was curious if anybody knew this. I could not find it anywhere and had never heard of it. Is there a way to temporarily disable an email account? Like a pause button. So if I 'pause' a specific account (I have approx. 6 email accounts in my Outlook, mostly POP3 & Exchange), when I hit Send/Receive it will not be included, but if I 'unpause' it shall be included. Is there a feature like this?

If this is possible I'd like to implement this in a family members of mine computer. So it must be 'stupid proof' if it is.

Thanks!

A:Solved: Outlook: temporarily disable an email account?

Using Office XP.

I have know sorted all my accounts into 1 but If I remember right...

Tools
Send/Receive Settings
Define Send/Receive Groups
Make Sure "All Accounts" is selected and click "Edit"
Select the account in the left hand column.
Untick "Include account in this send/receive group"

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-temporarily-disable-an-email-account.637085/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a new ISP and the new info or most of it to install email. My regular client is
Mozilla Thunderbird.

However to test a setup I want to install a duplicate Thunderbird or Mailbird for example
which will _not_ download the saved mail. That screws everything up.

If there's a way to isolate a test install of T-bird, fine. But I've seen that big download of everything
too often. The goal is when setting up a fresh email address from scratch just to make sure I have all the new setup correct. Then will roll over into what I'm used to again.

I'm bringing the question in here because Mozilla is hard to deal with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/400234-suggest-email-program-win7-test-new-account.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am all out of ideas... please help....
Running XP with Outlook 2003. virgin ISP, Avira premium security.
All going fine.. then.. I can now no longer send emails.. I can receive them. They keep bouncing back not even leaving the computer...saying

554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied,

I have checked all the settings and nothing has changed.

I can get online, I have scanned for mal ware, viruses, defragged, backed up, checked fire wall...

Any ideas would be greatly received.

Kind regards
mangotoo

Relevancy 70.95%

Good evening everybody!
Here is the pridicament. I have a user that has disabled the notification that you receive when a junk email comes in. She wants/needs that notifiaction to be shown everytime a junk email comes in as it usually contains very important information.
I have tried right clicking the junk mail folder,
I have tried going into tools, options, junk mail. I did not see a setting to enable/disable this feature. If anybody knows the reg value I can change that as well.
I would appreciate any and all responses!

Drew

Relevancy 70.95%

I am running Outlook with Windows XP I have a rather large Contacts file names When I start a Contacts Outlook Solved: Access Email 2003 to new email and click the quot To quot button I get the following message quot The address list could not be displayed The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened it may have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions quot Yet when I close the message box another box comes up with a drop-down window that shows another Contacts folder When I click on that Contacts folder there are all my names But I can t figure out Solved: Outlook 2003 Email Access to Contacts how to make this the default folder so that Outlook will recognize names Solved: Outlook 2003 Email Access to Contacts when I type them into the quot To quot line of the email Anyone have any ideas I m sure it must be a pretty simple fix Thanks in advance for help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc T F A CN PF Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 Email Access to Contacts

Hi missbe

In Outlook, Open the Address Book.
On the Menu toolbar, Click Tools > Options

At the top there will be a drop down arrow for: Show this Address list first:
Click the drop down arrow and select the Contacts list that you want to appear when selecting the To: field.
Apply, OK to save and close.​
Close the Address Book.
Reopen the Address Book.
The preferred Contacts list should now appear as the default.

Start a new message to test.
Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-email-access-to-contacts.956866/
Relevancy 70.95%

I am trying to add a logo after my name in my emails on Outlook 2003.
In order to do so I understand I need to have options set to Use Office Word 2003 as my email editor.
This option is greyed out and most likeky the reason is I have a 2007 version of Office Word installed.
Any suggestions how I am going to get the logo onto my emails?

Danny
Compac Presario
2 Quad Processor 2.67 GHz
4GB ram
2 x 500 Gb HDD
32 Bit
Win Office Business
Outlook 2003
MS Office 2007 -non commercial

Relevancy 70.09%

OL 2003 and this odd thing just started to occur where this one particular character is being automatically inserted on every line of email messages.

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 issue

You have word as your default email editor. Go to word and click on the icon on the taskbar that looks like the character that is showing on the screen (it should be right next to the zoom box). Displaying or not displaying it (they are called field codes) does not affect what you write and the recipient of the email will not see those characters unless they have also turned on the display of field codes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-issue.798551/
Relevancy 70.09%

The Outlook Address 2003 SP3 Solved: issue Outlook Book Solved: Outlook 2003 SP3 issue Contacts list drives me nuts Let s say I place an entry in Contacts I then open a new email and start entering the first few chars of the name Outlook will not find it so I have to spell it out fully the FIRST time then it finds it on subsequent emails Netscape Thunderbird does not Solved: Outlook 2003 SP3 issue have this problem and finds it the first time and forgets as Solved: Outlook 2003 SP3 issue it as it should immediately when you delete it or change it What am I doing wrong here nd issue This individual changes their email addr so I edit their email addr in Contacts to the new one But Outlook remembers the old one forever and plugs the old one into the email I check Address book which I never use seems redundant and place the NEW entry there Still Outlook is hung up on the old address which does not exist in either Contacts or Addr Book Does anyone know where these are cached so I can purge them Or is there a trick to updating email address in Contacts so the old one is purged Thanks in advance Eric nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Just had to reload my system due to a virus. Outlook 2003 and office 2003. When sending a message the entire screen in maximized and I have to manually reduce the size of the window. I tried resizing, closing outlook and reopen and the same thing happens. I know there is a function at the top left of the page to keep it as a smaller window. Any help??

Relevancy 70.09%

My computer at the office was upgraded to Office 2003 from Office 2000. After the upgrade, I lost the ability to automatically access my contact email address from the dialog box accessed after clicking on the "to" hot spot.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MCBride

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 - Unable to access contact email

Hi MCBride

You can see your Contacts in the Contacts folder?
If so, right click on the Contact folder
Properties > Outlook Address Book tab
If unchecked, place a check mark in: Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book
Apply, OK to save and close.

Test the To: button.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-unable-to-access-contact-email.433319/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi!

I have after a bad case of clumpsy fingers deleted my much used folder in Outlook Express called Unread Email. I hope that some one can help me to create a rule for the folder when I create it again so that all my unread emails are there for easy access.

I am not great at explaning what it is I need and will happily answer your questions if you think you can help me!

Many thanks!

Mikaela

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

I just got new computer with Vista 32-bit OS.

I use Outlook 2003 for my business email(I just use Outlook for sending/receiving email) and Windows Mail for my personal email. I sometimes send merged email to my customers using Word 2003 and Excel 2003. I made Outlook 2003 the default program so that I could send merged email through my account in Outlook. The computer did come with MS Office 2007, but I had to reinstall Vista because of a different issue -- now even if I make Outlook the default program, the email goes from my Windows mail account, not from Outlook.

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?

A:Solved: I want to make Outlook 2003 the default email program

Go to Start, Control Panel, Programs, Default Programs, then Set your Default programs.

There you should get a list of installed programs, you can select the program you want to be the default.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-want-to-make-outlook-2003-the-default-email-program.837134/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello friends,

I have a very strange issue with my Aunts laptop. When attempting to add an attachment in Outlook to a new message, i get the error "you don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation"

I have tried re creating the outlook profile under a different name, i have checked the folder permissions for the pst files and containers, ensured they are not read only. I have also checked permissions for outlooks temp folder.

I have also spent a few hours goggling but cannot find a solution

The operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit,Outlook 2003

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

J

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 Attachment Issue

Just discovered attachments WILL add in safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-attachment-issue.1102382/
Relevancy 69.66%

Good Morning,

I have an annoying issue with several of my client computers in our Domain.

We use Exchange 2003 + Office 2003 + Windows XP (PRO)

But word is crashing regularly we use it as an email editor for Outlook this is needed for making text bold etc....

After crashing word tries to auto recover all open files and starts with the auto recovery mode.\\

what I have done:
- Have renamed/deleted normal.dot
- cleaned out the autorecovery folder
- repaired office
- reinstalled office
- disabled outlook (Adobe Pro) plugins in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\
- disabled outlook antivirus plugin (Panda Antivirus)

all has no succes.

I had all Microsoft Updates installed.

Who can help, I am getting crazy!

Relevancy 69.66%

Contacts window opens normal by clicking on "CONTACTS" when Outlook is open, but comes up with an empty contacts window when clicking on TO, CC, or BC. Here's what triggered the issue. It started with a sudden inability to send out email, Incoming OK, error on outgoing to smtp server. Using ms workaround I had to uninstall and reinstall Outlook Express. It corrected the outgoing email problem and created a new Personal Folders File in Outlook 2003. But, it also created this new problem of not being able to access the Contacts as an address book. I tried both the change and new address book procedure and was able to bring back my ACT Address Book that I had also lost in the workaround, but have still have no access to my Contacts as an address book. Help?

Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

When users send out a meeting invite that has been accepted they donít see this change on the meetings where you see a status (eg 0 attended accepted, 0 tentatively accepted and 0 declined.)

I do get the confirmation in my inbox to say responded but nothing on the status, can anyone advise on what to do.

I have created a new profile and repaired Office as well run a few outlook /switches.
Seems to be effecting most in the company 60+
Thanks
H

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello This is my first time 2003 issue import Solved: Calendar Outlook posting here so hopefully I m doing this right I was trying to import calendars NHL team schedules from two different Excel file xls extension to Outlook and not all of the inputs added to the calendar Solved: Outlook 2003 Calendar import issue For some reason only entries added from each file total There should have been each total I tried deleting the rows in the Excel file that DID load and just leaving those that did not and then importing the file again hoping the fewer rows would help It did not All of the inputs that are not loading are in the same format in Excel as those that did so I know that s not an issue I also tried changing the dates to see if for some reason Outlook has a limit to how far into the future they will allow you to add Same problems I can add appointments into the Outlook calendar manually with no problem but I can t seem to import anything else from any file Can someone lead me in the right direction to see how to fix this I ve never had this problem in the past when doing this same thing Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 Calendar import issue

Hi
this may help although you aren't getting the error messages cited in the article. But it does say that you need a named range which you don't mention either. Give it a try and see if it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196743

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-calendar-import-issue.1104114/
Relevancy 67.94%

This fixes the problem of having word show an empty address book from Outlook Contact folder when doing a mail/merge in Word.

1. I went to Outlook, clicked on Tools, then Email Accounts, then View or Change Existing Directories or Address Books

2. I then highlighted Outlook Address Book and clicked on Change

3. I then removed each address book listed, clicked on close, clicked on finish.

4. I then went to each Contacts Folder and right mouse clicked and selected the Properties option.

5. I then clicked on the Outlook Address Book tab

6. I put a check mark in the "Show this folder as an email address book"

Prior to all this each contact folder already had this checked. So God only knows why this issue existed but it did.

After doing these 6 steps I went to do a mail merge in word and selected the Contact Folder that had been showing up empty before. It no longer was empty.

A:Solved: Issue with Word mail merge with Outlook 2003

Just a tip: if you want to mark a thread solved, use the Thread Tools at the top of the page instead of double-posting and changing the title. Go ahead and mark your original thread solved, a mod will probably delete this one.

Glad you got your problem sorted.

chris.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-issue-with-word-mail-merge-with-outlook-2003.402654/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I originally posted this question on November in the Email section and in spite 2003 used Outlook 2003 email for Word as editor of many views there were no replies That is when I thought I might be going about asking the question the wrong way Windows XP - SP Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook I use Word as my email editor for Outlook Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003 I had had a problem or two awhile back and I used the Detect and Repair Function that comes with Outlook Problems cleared up HOWEVER I got a new and IMHO worse problem my emails that are advertisements like Newegg TigerDirect Overstock etc are fine but anything else that is actually text that is sent to me comes in very very small and I can not find a way to change it I have looked everywhere in Outlook Microsoft online and Google Sample attached I can t find it and it is driving me crazy If anyone could help I d sincerely appreciate it Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003

Hi and welcome to TSG.

From the main Outlook Mail screen, try ...

Tools ->
Options ->
Mail Format Tab ->
"Fonts ..." button in Stationery and Fonts section ->
"Choose Font ..." button under "When composing and reading plain text"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-used-as-email-editor-for-outlook-2003.961599/
Relevancy 67.08%

This appears to be a common problem, with many solutions, though I have yet to find one that works for me. When using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 set to be the email editor, Word opens and works fine to CREATE a new email. However, when trying to REPLY TO or FORWARD an email, I get the error message "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The outlook email editor will be used instead...," and when I click OK to that message the native Outlook email editor opens. Word 2003 worked fine with Outlook 2003 replying to or forwarding emails till this morning, but the behavior described above now applies. The OS, by the way, is Windows 10. I have tried to both "repair" and "reinstall" the 2003 Office 2003 suite, both to no avail. Would appreciate a much needed solution to this puzzle.

Relevancy 66.65%

Every day i get this alert even after i do the "fix" Your email account setting are out of date."
Danielle
TYiA

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61627-your-email-account-settings-out-date.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Every day i get this alert even after i do the "fix" Your email account setting are out of date."
Danielle
TYiA

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/61627-your-email-account-settings-out-date.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I had to replace my mobo and reinstall Win7/64bit.. it worked with the previous mobo w/64bit install, but reloading it now, Outlook wont start.. Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word load and work fine.. just cant get Outlook to start up. I did get to the email setup point, and tests server settings, but it utterly refuses to get past loading to retrieve mail(or even import my old .pst file).

Uninstalling/reinstalling didnt get it working.. Compatability mode for XP or Vista wont fix it either.. Strange.. it worked for one install, but not the reinstall..

Hardware change is the only thing I can think of.. changed from an ECS PM900-T board, 2.5GB RAM to an MSI G31TM-P21 board, 4GB RAM, both had 64bit 7 HomePrem loaded.

Anyone else had this problem, tho I guess everyone else is running Office2007..

TJ

A:Outlook 2003 fails to start in W7/64 after reinstall

Have you tried running it in outlook safemode - Using Outlook's Safe mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/78207-outlook-2003-fails-start-w7-64-after-reinstall.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi!
Are there any way to save Thunderbird email clients configured email accounts details (email address, passwords etc)?

A:How to export thunderbird email account settings?

Backup your Thunderbird profile
Profiles | How to | Thunderbird

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/160481-how-export-thunderbird-email-account-settings.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I accidentally deleted an Email account in Outlook 2003. All my emails disappeared along with it. How can i restore the emails? I no longer have access to the Gmail account that it worked through.

A:Oulook 2003 Email Account Deleted

Hi garrygy

It sounds like your Gmail account was created as an IMAP account. IMAP accounts mirror the servers, they do not actually download the messages onto your hard drive.
If you no longer have access to the email account, the only other course of action I can suggest would be to contact Gmail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oulook-2003-email-account-deleted.951333/
Relevancy 65.79%

So, I have two identical pcs, win7 pro, one can print full emails from windows live mail 11 and 12, and the other can only get message headers to print, not the actual body of the message. Message body doesnt show up in print preview or in print to file via xps document printer either for those of you that are going to ask.. The difference with the second computer is that it has had outlook 2003 installed, and Printshop 3.0 deluxe. Both Printshop and outlook 2k3 have been removed, thinking they may be the cause of the issue, but that didnt help either..

Dont think the printers/printer drivers are the issue either, laserjet 3600n, because everything prints fine except the message bodies.. Ideas?

A:Message body fails to print, WLM 11 and 12 and Outlook 2003

Bueller???

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/288468-message-body-fails-print-wlm-11-12-outlook-2003-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Buggy problem that I cannot find any clues about.
I've setup this exact sort of thing before with no issues.
This account is using Centurytel as their DSL ISP, with a new dell system running windows 7 Pro x64, and a fresh intstall of MSO 2003.
Setup Outlook 2003 per the gmail instructions: imap for incoming, smtp for outgoing, set the server ports, ssl etc all correct, double checked, triple checked.

no outgoing mail has ever completed [its been a week now]. All incoming mail is fine. Outgoing mail fails whether its a "reply" or a newly-created message of any length, regardless of attachments or not. they land in the outbox, cannot send.
tried turning off the AV... no effect.

is there a firewall setting in Win7 Pro that could be affecting outgoing?

is it possible that we could limp along by changing the outgoing server to a centurytel server? that has some admin ramifications I realize, but might it work?

A:Outlook 2003, Win 7 x64, Gmail. Outgoing fails. Incoming OK

Did you setup gmail. According to These Instructions you have to also enable IMAP in gmail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/246357-outlook-2003-win-7-x64-gmail-outgoing-fails-incoming-ok.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I've been trying to make this work for a while with no luck so i thought i would ask for some help. Right now i have my 360 set up in my comp room and i was wanting to move it to my room along with my comp so i went and got a wireless card for my computer (d-link xtreme n DWA-552) when i got it i was under the impression that i could connect my 360 to my comp and share the wireless connection with my lan so i wouldn't need to buy a microsoft adapter. Whenever i try to do so it fails to connect to xbox live and when i do the tests it passed everything up to the mtu.

If anyone knows how to make this work help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Relevancy 65.36%

I have just switched from a Speedtouch 585 wireless router to a Netgear DG834G...
Now on the speedtouch when a tracert test is done it managed all the hops
but
on the Netgear it always fails (Request Timed Out) on the 1st hop...

Now someone told me this is normal for routers? well if so - why didnt the speedtouch do it?
would i be best reverting back to the thompson speedtouch router?
My connection is fine as it was before?

Relevancy 65.36%

The recently released motherboard test fails the IRQ-test on my 20CD Thinpad Yoga with
Result Code:WMB010010-RK7YMG
Anybody else seeng this? Is it the test or my TP that are faulty?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Motherboard Test 4.1.1.6928 IRQ test fails ...

I edited your post to correct the model number (20CD).
I ran the same test on my 20CD system here, and I don't see the problem.
What OS are you running?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Motherboard-Test-4-1-1-6928-IRQ-test-fails-in-Thinpad/td-p/2061541
Relevancy 64.93%

Outlook 2003 keeps popping up a message to enter my password when I have already entered my password. I can't clear this even when I uninstall Office and re-install it.

A:Can't set up new Outlook 2003 account

conbak2 said:

Outlook 2003 keeps popping up a message to enter my password when I have already entered my password. I can't clear this even when I uninstall Office and re-install it.Click to expand...
so it keeps asking you for your password? check your user name and make sure its correct. I had this happen and it only put my user name, not my email address. so maybe you need to enter your email addy, and the password to that email addy, then click "save this password" check box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-set-up-new-outlook-2003-account.577941/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi When I started up my computer this morning I found ALL + settings emails DISAPPEARED and personal, all browser email account that the desktop personal settings had gone Then I quickly discovered that my browser settings history bookmarks email account settings and all emails etc on both Netscape and IExplorer were ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED also missing MS Outlook had also ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED vanished The keyboard setting changed as well - some special characters are at different places is at shft is at shft etc I have McAfee installed but the firewall only the firewall was switched off for an hour yesterday I have scanned the computer but McAfee hasn t found anything Is it possible I have a virus spyware running regardless of McAfee Can you please help ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED Thanks in advance Below is the HIJACKTHIS LOG ------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Com DMI CDMINIC EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System Hummingbird Connectivity Inetd inetd exe C WINNT system hidserv exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C MSC PATRAN patran r p manager files bin WINNT QueMgr exe C MSC PATRAN patran r p manager files bin WINNT RmtMgr exe C WINNT System nvsvc exe C WINNT system rclumad exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C WINNT system SxgTkBar exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Adaptec Shared CreateCD CreateCD exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE C WINNT system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files WDC SetIcon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe C WINNT V Mon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files EPSON EPSON CardMonitor EPSON CardMonitor exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe O - Hosts watt ecs watt ecs eng ox ac uk O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptsn dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run Synchr... Read more

A:ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-personal-browser-and-email-account-settings-all-emails-disappeared.720291/
Relevancy 64.5%

How do you retreive, delete, uninstall or change an unknown email password in Microsoft Office 2003.I have tried all I know, so please help!Thanks!Bernie

A:Remove unknown password in Office 2003 email account

You would have to obtain the correct password from your email provider.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-unknown-password-in-office-2003-email-account-600514.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have used Outlook for many years and it has done a good job.

Recently though, something has happened and all my incoming emails no longer show the sender's name in the inbox. I have open the email to know who sent it.

I do not like opening emails unless I know where they came from and have tried unsuccessfully to find a setting for getting the program to show the sender again.

Anyone know how to reset this?

Thanks

A:Need help with Outlook 2003 settings

Click on the Inbox to show your received mail. On the toolbar at top click View > Arrange By > Current View > Customize Current View > Fields button. From there you can add/delete fields that are viewable when you display your inbox, and arrange their order on the screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-outlook-2003-settings.668827/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

i have a XP drive which had outlook on
i can copy the PST file
BUT how can I find out all the account settings

its an NTLBusiness email address and nothing on the web

The outlook - has a .srs file - which I believe is the account send/receive settings - but how can i read it to find out the
pop
smtp
and also the ports and the SSL etc settings

or a link to the
NTL Business email settings for a @NTLBusiness.com account
which is now virginmedia - but i cant find the details

i know its
pop(3).ntlbusiness.com
and
SMTP.ntlbusiness.com

just nor sure of other settings
OR
if i can use
imap

thanks for any help

Relevancy 64.07%

My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date".

When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily but the issue soon returns.

How to resolve this permanently?

Regards

A:Your Outlook account settings are out of date

Originally Posted by bupthebroker

My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date".

When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily but the issue soon returns.

How to resolve this permanently?

Regards

Is it actually Outlook.com [Online/Webmail] and not Microsoft Outlook [part of Office]? Are you opening from a link in Favorites or the Favorites bar? If it's Outlook.com ave you tried typing just outlook.com in the Address bar, pressing Enter then tried logging in again? Could be the stored shortcut is the problem, have seen it happen.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/23488-your-outlook-account-settings-out-date.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to set up a Hotmail account in Outlook 2003 version using a lap top computer with Windows 7 operating system. I have set up other types of accounts but I just need to know what settings to use.

A:Set up Hotmail account in Outlook 2003

Closing duplicate thread, one thread per issue please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-up-hotmail-account-in-outlook-2003.1092920/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi, I have set two email accounts in Outlook 2003, and configured them (i made rules) so that there are two email account folders, and the email for account A goes into the INBOX under A and B goes into B. However, I have not been able to get them to do the same for the other folders (like OUTBOX, DRAFTS, SENT ITEMS, etc). Is there any way to do that?

Relevancy 64.07%

I am in the process of transferring an account from one computer to another, both have outlook 2003 on them. When I try to access the new computer with it, it tries to connect to an exchange 2003 server. It doesn't allow me to open up the program unless it has a connection, and it is asking for office.ost on the new computer. I tried locating the file on the other computer and it is not in the same location. The computers are linked up to login to a server where their my documents folder is located. Is there a way to transfer from one outlook 2003 to another on 2 different computers?

Also, both computers are xp highest service pack on them, and the server they are connecting to is a microsoft server 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfering-outlook-2003-account.870718/
Relevancy 64.07%

PROBLEMS Persistent changed mysteriously hangs on account, Computer on email Settings boot problems after using the tools are listed at the bottom of this post Everytime I log in to my email account the settings are already changed Everytime I visit antivirus sites computer hangs Everytime I turn the computer on it hangs and I have to reboot it each time Aside from the malware symptoms the most disturbing part of the problem is someone knows what I m doing on my computer And he boldly tells me HE KNOWS I tried the following malware tools MalwareBytes Antimalware -- no threats detected SuperAntispyware -- infections -- already removed Spybot Search and Destroy -- or persistent tracking cookies -- removed Advanced SystemCare -- still using reports a number of infections occasionally removed each time but doesn t seem to solve the problem s IOBitSecurity -- still using reports a number of infections occasionally removed each time but doesn t seem to solve the problem s I uninstalled the first three and kept the last two because they were the most convenient to use and if I kept too many malware tools my computer runs extremely slow I have also tried using the ff intrusion detection prevention systems With SNORT I couldn t interpret the results displayed With SAX I have to manually find solutions to any detected intrusions which was kind of tedious and a little confusing since I m not that savvy in terms of computer security Both were uninstalled because of user inconvenience and it interfered with computer speed Rootkit removal tools that I used Blacklight Rootkit Eliminator Nothing was found RootkitRevealer It only revealed Settings changed mysteriously on email account, Computer hangs on boot suspicious activity on certain files and registry entries but I don t know how to remove the ones I suspect the most based on the time stamp and the nature of the file First one is now uninstalled Antivirus Avast - When I ran it on safe mode the virus chest only reported a scanning error fishy On normal mode it says infected files Firewall Windows Firewall -- I can t install a new one because everytime I do the computer won t start properly I already tried turning the Windows one off and installing the new firewall computer still doesn t start properly I only get a black screen I wait for like mins the screen s still blank Antiphishing tool Netcraft toolbarAntiKeylogger tool Snoopfree --This has mysteriously disappeared on my computer Without a trace Extra privacy tool IPshield -- This has mysteriously disappeared on my computer Without a trace Tightened settings on firewall and browserPERSISTENT PROBLEMS Everytime I log in to my email account the settings are already changed Everytime I turn the computer on it hangs and I have to reboot it each time Aside from the malware symptoms the most disturbing part of the problem is someone knows what I m doing on my computer And he boldly tells me HE KNOWS Please help Thanks

A:Settings changed mysteriously on email account, Computer hangs on boot

We need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.Let me know if that went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311471/settings-changed-mysteriously-on-email-account-computer-hangs-on-boot/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi folks!
Weird issue here. WHen I have an Excel spreadsheet open at the same time as Outlook, I try to copy and paste a portion of the spreadsheet to a new Outlook message. But as soon as I click on "New Mail Message"....Outlook stays open, but Excel closes immediately and what I copied to the clipboard isn't there any more.
I tried this on a second computer and it seems to work fine.
Any ideas on why this is happening on this one computer?

You people provide a wealth of information!!!

A:Outlook 2003 / Excel 2003 issue

Have you tried to perform a Detect and Repair to see if that resolves the issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-excel-2003-issue.743917/
Relevancy 63.64%

Is it an expected acceptable function that my recently installed NOD32.3 deletes the favourite status of my folders every time I scan? Many thanks.

A:Nod32.3 And Outlook 2003 Settings

I have realized that after scanning with NOD32.3, my favourite character of folders in Outlook 2003 gets deleted becoming just regular ones. I do not like this because it makes me thinking "what other issues can it delete"? Is it there anything to avoid this? Other functions seem to be very good. Many thanks and regards.Mod Edit:Topic: Nod32.3 Deletes Some Outlook 2003 Settings merged for continuity ~TMacK

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152628/nod323-and-outlook-2003-settings/
Relevancy 63.21%

I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016.

After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do this?

A:Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Hello Nigel,

When you open the File menu in Outlook 2016 you should get an option to export:

Does this provide a way to do what you want?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55226-outlook-2016-export-account-settings.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I cannot seem to find the right settings for ADD AN ACCOUNT when I am in the MAIL program on this Win8 pc. I have opened MAIL, which I take is Outlook.com SETTINGS>ADD AN ACCOUNT from there I supply email address, password, username and then for the

Incoming (IMAP) email server PORT ??
[ ] Incoming server requires SSL
Outgoing (SMTP) email server PORT ??
[ ] Outgoing Server requires SSL
[ ] Outgoing Server requires authentication
[ ] Use the same username and password to send and receive mail ( I think this box should be checked )

I can find no combination of things that work. Can anyone help? I have tried Googling all sorts of sites and pages but can not seem to come to some workable combination. Much appreciated. jack

A:Verizon's acct settings for Outlook.com's ADD AN ACCOUNT??

I don't know about Verizon's IMAP support but the following are Verizon's POP Mail Server settings...

Incoming (POP) email server= pop.verizon.net Port= 995 (This Requires SSL)
[X] Incoming server requires SSL

Outgoing (SMTP) email server= smtp.verizon.net Port= 465 (This Requires SSL and Authentication)
[X] Outgoing Server requires SSL
[X] Outgoing Server requires authentication

[X] Use the same username and password to send and receive mail

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/19361-verizons-acct-settings-outlook-coms-add-account.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I can't get my outlook account settings to open. I click on file/account settings and nothing happens. The add account button works, the mailbox cleanup and rules and alerts buttons work. I've tried the following:

1. Open Outlook in safe mode - no result
2. Open Outlook as administrator - no result
3. Open send/receive and folder tab - right click on account and select account properties - no result
4. Open File/Options/addins/go disable all addins - no result

I'm stuck. Any ideas

Windows 7 64bit/ Office 2010 / Firefox

A:Outlook 2010 Account Settings won't open

Hi Cquinn, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Did you realize you need to click both Account Settings buttons, first one opens the second one:
(Click to enlarge.)

The sequence is File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings. The second Account Settings button that opens beneath the first one when it is clicked is easily taken as just a tooltip, but it really is a button you need to click.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/272386-outlook-2010-account-settings-wont-open.html
Relevancy 63.21%

What are the pro's/con's of converting my offline email account to an online account? It seems like I tried this once before when I received a new smartphone but it caused lots of issues with duplicated calendar and contact entries or something of the sort. I work in the field and therefore don't always have connectivity. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-offline-vs-online-account.846149/
Relevancy 63.21%

I work at a Account Outlook Multiple Access 2003 company employees and on one of our XP machines we run Microsoft Outlook We used to have it setup so when you started Outlook it prompted for a Username and Password and anyone could use their Exchange login to access their email After we reformatted the computer I can no longer get this to work It only lets me log on to a specific exchange account that I have setup in in the quot Email Account quot settings It still prompts for a username and password but only the account that is set up logs in It rejects any other login All of us work off the same server and the same Domain and it was extremely convenient that anyone could log on to their email from this machine How can i get this functionality back Is there a setting I am missing Essentially I want to be able to access any account on our internal exchange server one at a time not simultaneously without setting up each account individually Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-multiple-account-access.1065443/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

In Oulook 2003, I have multiple mail accounts, but sometimes I want to "freeze" a certain account and put it on hold. I don't want to delete it, just to make sure that Outlook does not check that account now (because all my mailing lists go to that account and I don't want to have to download 1B messages after vacation, only what's important to me at that time). Is that possible? how?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ms-outlook-2003-putting-an-account-on-hold-83557.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I know that 07 Word saves files in a .docx file that is not usable by the 97-03 Word and same goes for PowerPoint and Excell. My question is does this occur with Outlook 2007 also? I have a friend who said that he can't read my Outlook 2007 email to him (he uses the older version of outlook). Is there a way to change it so that I can send 2007 Outlook emails to people with the 97-03 versions?

Relevancy 63.21%

OK... well I thought I had it covered but.... I copied the pst file from 2003 and tried to open in 2007. I recently read somewhere that you have to copy the pst when Outlook is closed. I did not close Outlook and copied the file while Outlook was open. Anyway to rescue these Emails? The old drive is toast so I can't do that. The pst file is 79mg so I suspect the info is there. Any thoughts? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-to-outlook-2007.941577/
Relevancy 62.78%

This is for XP more than for Vista I have been using Outlook since as far as I can remember but there are times that I want to ring its neck or tear it apart limb from limb I guess is better I don't know who the creator is But I digress Anyways back to my original thought I have been having some issues with Outlook best to use a new thread for this so I decided to change to Mozilla Thunderbird but it didn't work like I thought it would again new thread Bottom line is I have to go back to Outlook My pet peeve is that even though I back up my pst files eveytime I need to do a clean Outlook install or simple migration of sorts I loose my custom settings rules amp alerts etc etc Is there an easy way to back up all these custom settings as well so you can migrate Outlook painlessly I have done the google 'till my eyes drew blood but all I am getting are mixed solutions or me having to install a rd party with Help Outlook Backing Custom Up Settings 2003 software Right now I have e-mail accounts being handled by Outlook my Office Personal Company's bulk e-mail and Company's g-mail so I Help with Backing Up Outlook 2003 Custom Settings use a lot of custom settings

A:Help with Backing Up Outlook 2003 Custom Settings

are you using the wizard to backup?

Description and use of the Save My Settings Wizard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/241189-help-backing-up-outlook-2003-custom-settings.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Greetings:

Over the past several weeks, I have noticed that Outlook 2003 is changing my AT&T mail settings for both POP and STMP. In fact, it seems to be reverting to a previous version of my email settings.

I have had to manually configure the account several time over the past month, and am concerned that I have to keep doing this. I am using the AT&T Support Tool, and my OS is Windows XP with SP3.

Also, does anyone know how to export all of the emails and folders in my Outlook before I re-image my machine? I want the folders and all the emails I have received and sent, as well as my calendar items.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Matt

A:Outlook 2003 Keeps Changing POP/SMTP Settings

i would try redoing your profile. in the control panel go to mail. in there you will find your profiles and your data files.

close outlook.
go in the data files section and locate on your harddrive where the .pst files are. make a copy of all of your .pst files.
then go to the profiles section in mail(control panel) and delete and recreate your profile.
open outlook and then close it so it creates a new pst file.
go where the new pst file is and paste your old pst file over it.
start outlook, you should have all your same email, folders, contact, calendar, etc
then add your email account and you should be golden

be careful not to screw you pst files up, back it up to a usb drive before you go deleting stuff.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275733/outlook-2003-keeps-changing-popsmtp-settings/
Relevancy 62.78%

I just purchased new Sony PCG-TR3 laptop using OL 2003 --- worked fine for 2 wks and now I cannot seem to get Outlook to work... Using 3 different Wireless networks from home/work and all is fine... surfing is fine... However, when I go to pull emails in Outlook it shows the messages and just will not pull in.....
Tried to repair outlook, reset POP3 email log to clear connection list and yet still this will not pull... UPdated all patches for OL2003 on Microsofts sight... I am really out of options......
Has anyone else had this problem? Are there settings I'm missing or did I just buy a lemon?
Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm out of options.
Thank you!
rf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ol-2003-email-issue.236105/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue in Outlook We are using Exchange and Outlook A user here has a non person account added to their mailbox This npa is used to store contracts and other emails Several members of a team have access to this npa The user has created subfolders within the npa If the user right click s a subfolder and selects copy XXXX where XXXX is the folder name an error appears quot Cannot copy this folder because it may folder Cannot 2003 in person non a account a Copy Outlook in contain private items quot The user has owner permissions to the npa and all sub folders I looked through all the folders Cannot Copy a folder in a non person account in Outlook 2003 and could not find any private items One folder was actually empty so I tried copying it and the same error appeared I logged the user out of Outlook and had him log directly onto the npa It could then copy folders fine Logged him back into his mail account which has the npa added to it and the same error occured Maybe this problem is by design I don t know I have exchange admin rights and so I added the mailbox to my Outlook mailbox but got the exact same problem Does anyone have any suggestions for me Regards Pileyrei nbsp

A:Cannot Copy a folder in a non person account in Outlook 2003

Bump!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-copy-a-folder-in-a-non-person-account-in-outlook-2003.250116/
Relevancy 62.35%

Just started to set up Outlook. Have entered two email addresses. Mine and my wife.
Imported addresses & folders from OE. Some folders have different names in each email address. Everything from my email folders has been duplicated under wife (she had no files) where the folders are the same name ie inbox, deleted files, etc . When a new email arrives it goes to both. When I delete, it deletes from both. Suggestions please.

A:outlook 2003 - email

Have you set up two completely different Profiles with completely different data files in Outlook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email.430011/
Relevancy 62.35%

HELP! changed email hosting servers so had to make changes in accounts.....now emails, and copies are going to all wrong personal folder inboxes...any suggestions? THX

Relevancy 62.35%

I just starte using Outlook 2003.
I have a Yahoo and a Hotmail email account.
When I send a message to myself at either address, the email only goes to the Outbox and some time later I get messages such as:

< Task 'Yahoo - Sending' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed.
The server responded ''. ' >

What may be wrong? What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for all help offered.

Amarysio

Relevancy 62.35%

I have two email mailboxes that are set up in my Outlook, my own personnel one and an additional shared mailbox. My question is:
Is it possible to have the desktop alert message to appear when an email comes into the second mailbox (it currently only flashes up when an email comes into my personnel aco****)? Is this possible?

A:Outlook 2003 Desktop Alert Settings query

Not that I know of. I usually just mark the inbox as a favorite so it appears in the favorite section and watch the number in parenthesis beside the favorite. To mark a folder as a favorite you will need to right-click on it and select "add to favorite folders." Another spin on this is to have a rule setup that automatically forwards the mail messages from the second account to your primary. The problem with this though is redundant (repeated) data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-desktop-alert-settings-query.704287/
Relevancy 62.35%

Well outlook settings 2003 With in ...change default Open to I am using the windows vista bit operating system I have searched the Internet to find a fix to my problem Originally I was Open With settings ...change to default in outlook 2003 having trouble opening Outlook and receiving the quot unable to open the default folder error quot Well I still have the same problem but it seems I created more problems Therefore I need the help of someone more knowledgeable than myself In my infinite wisdom I thought that by Open With settings ...change to default in outlook 2003 changing the open with setting of the folders outlook would work I clicked on the file right clicked on properties and decided to open the file folders by changing the default settings of my pst outllook folders to just outlook Now the Microsoft multicolored icon Open With settings ...change to default in outlook 2003 next to the folders changed and everytime I incur an outlook folder the Microsoft multicolored icon is gone I went back in and tried to change them back to the original settings but I can t seem to find the program to use In addition I have used outlook tools scanpst to save my sanity I will not attempt the registry fix tried the detect and repair created a new username lost the original username found it and redirected to the original outlook folder associated the default outlook folder to the new username as you can see I have tried several steps which has probably been a huge mistake Therefore First can anyone help me get the quot open with quot settings for the Outlook pst files back to normal When you go to Docs amp Settings user local programs outlook They used to read outlook or outlook with a Microsoft multicolored symbol in front of them now the pst is next to the file and there is no Microsoft multcolored symbol Can you help me return it to the default settings so the pst is gone and the symbol is back with just the word outlook next to it Secondly can you help me with the quot unable to open the default settings quot error I need a fairly simple fix so I can recover all the information in the Outlook pst folder If I have to remove Outlook and reinstall it can I just create a new username and point the new user to the old original pst folder Will this fix my problem Thanks for the help Stoe nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi folks,

Bit of an odd one;

- when I create an email it's in English (UK)
- when I reply to an email it's in English (US)

I've checked all the usual places; regional settings, spelling tab in Outlook options, checked Word too. Can't get to the bottom of it. Any help?

Ox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-language-settings-different-when-replying-than-when-creating.866633/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I run a small business from home and use outlook for emails. I want my wife who uses another PC to have access to the same emails through outlook but on her PC, is it possible? I answer questions whilst she handles payments / orders which all come through this one email account. Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Lee1133

Relevancy 61.92%

I have a new HP Pavilion preloaded with 8.1. I loaded Office 2013 and set up the email account. All worked well until two days ago when I realized I could not send any emails only receive. I removed the account and reinstalled the account - things only got worse. I uninstalled Office and reinstalled but that did not fix the problem. Somewhere there is a file that is has wrong information stored about the account and how to communicate with the provider but I do not know where that is, can someone help with this issue?

A:Outlook Email Account Corrupted

Close Outlook out completely and navigate to: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook (Where %username% is your username on that computer)

Delete the .pst file that is in that folder. Next time you open outlook it will have you create another profile with your email account.

Im guessing that your outlook profile is corrupt. If it is this should help resolve the issue you have.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/70390-outlook-email-account-corrupted.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My wife is using Outlook 98 for the first time and has two email accounts set up. How do you get one email account to default over the other on outgoing emails? Thanks.

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello. can anyone help.
I am trying to add a POP email account to Outlook 2010. I've established network connection but cannot retrieve the Outlook Test message. An error box comes & says unable to connect to the server. 550.5.7.1 message content. I have had this POP account on previous versions of Outlook 2010, & it was ok I am puzzled.
Many Thanks
Brusselsprout

A:Cannot add new email account in Outlook 2010

Without knowing more about your mail server name and such.
Have you tried to Ping your mail server? like from the run cmd prompt ping mail.xxx.xxx
I ping mail.cpcug.org to verify that the server is on-line and responding.

You could double check all the options in outlook setup email accounts to make sure that
you have spelled everything correctly, that sometimes is the problem where mispelling will
mess you up.

also the more settings options will have to be looked at to make sure that the boxes are checked correctly.

These things can get tricky if you misspell, many mail servers want your complete email address for the logon userid..

YMMV
Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/127351-cannot-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html