Windows Support Forum

Asus HD 6870, flickering issue

Q: Asus HD 6870, flickering issue

First of all hello from a new user, I have a problem with my computer but I need help to nail it down to one part (I think it's the graphics card, but who am I to tell).
A friend of mine said people over here are very nice and competent so why not try to get help here.

Long story short, I played a game, Velvet Assassin, that is rather buggy (I.e. it didn't let me change the resolution to my native 1680x1050).
After some time the screen started flickering in complete white with some color bars here and there. I thought it was another bug on newer systems and changed the resolution; the problem seemed resolved.

Until my little brother started to play Forge of Empires, that little browser game, where the problem again occured at an even faster rate.

I hope you can help me, I made a short video of the issue, I know it's not of best quality, but maybe it helps.
Thank you in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Asus HD 6870, flickering issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Asus HD 6870, flickering issue

Have you tried updating your drivers? Also could you please post the make and model of your laptop /desktop and the system specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-hd-6870-flickering-issue.203121/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi All - Asus Are Need CM-6870? Drivers What I'm having to do What Drivers Are Need - Asus CM-6870? a re-install on my ASUS CM- Desktop years old I What Drivers Are Need - Asus CM-6870? have the Asus Recovery Disks in order to re-install Windows Home Premium I'd like to make sure I install the correct drivers from Asus There's a long list on their website here I'm familiar with updating my Nvidia GT- graphics card but not the rest Your help would be appreciated My specs for my particular computer are as follows Asus CM- -CA- AA Processor Type Intel Core i - Processor Speed GHz Processor Cores RAM GB Hard Drive Capacity TB Hard Drive Speed Revolutions Per Minute RPM Optical Drive x Blu-Ray Combo Asus DVD Writer DRW- B ST x Graphics Card nVidia GT Operating System Windows Home Premium -Bit Graphics Dedicated Video Memory Yes Shared Video Memory No Video Memory GB Audio Sound Card ALC Audio Output High Definition Audio Networking Ethernet Port Integrated WiFi b g n Integrated Bluetooth No Inputs amp Outputs Mouse Optical USB Ports USB - Front - Back amp USB - Front - Back FireWire IEEE Not Available Card Reader -In- Card Reader E-SATA No VGA Output Yes DVI Output Yes HDMI Output Yes Computing Features Processor Cache L MB System Bus Information Not Available Available Hard Drive Bays External Inches Available Available Optical Bays External Inches Available Available PCIe Slots PCI-e x Occupied PCI-e x PCI-e x Available PCI-e x Available Available PCI Slots No Available AGP Slots No Available Memory Slots Total Available Power Supply W Thanks bunches

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/384205-what-drivers-need-asus-cm-6870-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I have a problem with my computer and I dont know if its the PSU or the graphics card and its a brand new computer. When I play games that uses the graphics card it will turn the pc full off, it will do this when I try to quit a game, change video setting while playing a game or even when im in the middle of a game. The graphics card is an Asus HD 6870 DirectCU AMD Radeon Graphics Card and the power supply is LC Power LCH600H-12 V2.31. If anyone could help me that would be great.

A:Asus HD 6870 DirectCU AMD Radeon or PSU problem

Are you getting BSODs, or it just dies, or it turns of like windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/176932-asus-hd-6870-directcu-amd-radeon-psu-problem.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am looking for something to run 2x DVI and HDMI TV all at the same time. Can 6870 do that? I currently have HD5570 and it can only do 2 monitors at a time.

Also is $80 decent for a **USED** 6870 or is there something better that I should be looking at for $80 to run 3 displays?

If there is something better, I would like to make sure there IS a fan. Not interested in fanless.

(EDIT: Seems theres a couple different versions of the 6870, this is the version I am looking at Radeon HD 6870 Video Card | system components | St. Catharines | Kijiji)

A:Is Radeon HD 6870 Video Card compatible w/ ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MB?

As long as you have a PCI-E x16 Slot in that motherboard (In which case it does), then it will work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/386910-radeon-hd-6870-video-card-compatible-w-asus-p5q-pro-turbo-mb.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

Ive bought a new widescreen 22" Asus monitor and I have it plugged in to my m9750 alienware laptop. I have recently installed the newest drivers from alienware (card is Nvidia Go 7950 GTX ) .

Im running windows xp, 2gb ram, 200gb drive.

I have posted a youtube video showing my problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UHLyTGQuDQ

How can i solve this flickering? Im going to plug the monitor to my other PC when I get a chance and see if the problem presists so I can see if the problem is coming from the monitor or the actual configuration/grafics card of my laptop.

Thanks in advance.

A:Asus VW221D monitor flickering

b.u.m.p. ^_^

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-vw221d-monitor-flickering.764748/
Relevancy 57.19%

Everytime I use Firefox and only firefox from what I'm noticing, my screen will flicker as if it's about to go out on my laptop.

This started approximately a month ago. I've downloaded the newer version of Firefox to see if this fixes the problem..

What could be causing this?

Thank you.

~Sarah

Model :Asus G72GX Gaming Laptop
RAM: 6 gigs
CPU: Intel Dual Core 2.56
Graphics Card: 1 gig

A:Flickering computer screen Asus G72

Well, since it only happens with Firefox, I would definitely recommend updating to the latest version (3.6.3 as of today).http://www.firefox.com/Let me know whether or not that fixes it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322252/flickering-computer-screen-asus-g72/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all I just picked up an ASUS VH H p HD monitor new Parts ASUS screen monitor on flickering of or quot newegg said but not too sure Seriously is awesome when playing games or watching video but when I m just sitting on the desktop there seems to be something wrong The lines along the task bar seem to be blurry or flickering Also when running an application like this website for instance the text and links and lines all are blurry or flickering as well Its actually really bad on this forum lol I currently have the resolution set to x and this seems to be the only resolution that this occurs on All else its perfectly fine but just not the standard setting for this large Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor monitor I have not installed any Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor drivers because I can t find any I have Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor an NVIDIA GeForce G GTO Here is a copy of my display system information pulled from the NVIDIA control panel NVIDIA System Information report created on System name NOV K Display Processor Intel reg Pentium reg D CPU GHz MHz Operating System Microsoft Windows XP -bit Service Pack DirectX version c GPU processor GeForce GT GTO Driver version Core clock MHz Memory clock MHz MHz data rate Memory interface -bit Memory MB Video BIOS version IRQ Bus PCI Express x Components nvCpl cpl NVIDIA Control Panel Applet nvCplUI exe NVIDIA Control Panel nvWSS dll NVIDIA Workstation Server nvViTvS dll NVIDIA Video and TV Server nvMoblS dll NVIDIA Mobile Server NVMCTRAY DLL NVIDIA Media Center Library NVOGLNT DLL NVIDIA Compatible OpenGL ICD nvDispS dll NVIDIA Display Server NVCPL DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version NV MINI SYS NVIDIA Compatible Windows Miniport Driver Version NV DISP DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version NVCUDA DLL NVIDIA CUDA driver nvGameS dll NVIDIA D Settings Server If my card can t handle the x resolution than I would understand but I m pretty sure it can Please help me figure this out Thanks -Jason

A:Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor

Also when I change color from 32 bit to 16 it is perfectly clear, no bouncing/fuzzy/flickering text or lines or links and such.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316926/parts-of-screen-flickering-on-new-asus-monitor/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys For about months now I've been putting up with my laptop having screen difficulties as I've just been connecting flickering Asus laptop screen issues it up to a external screen using a VGA cable The basis of my situation is that anything displayed on my laptop screen doesn't display the right colours - they all have a gray tinge to them and it frequently flashes when i try to alter the screen move it up and down I've tried many things to resolve my issue fn C for asus splendid technology to alter the display adjusted the screen graphics adjusted the intel graphics I've been floating around different forums and they haven't been able to help The laptops gray flickering tinge does NOT transfer onto Asus laptop screen flickering issues my external screen It's NOT always like this the screen doesn't start having difficulties with colour until i alter the screen Asus laptop screen flickering issues move it up or down or start running various programs games The laptop itself is about years old and the warranty has run out so i cannot use it I'm aware it could be a internal graphics card issue as the screen flickers when I move the screen On a side note around months ago i connected a new Samsung screen which i am now using around that time this issue started occurring I'm just wondering if there's something i can try before I need to take it to someone to repair it for me Thank you very much

A:Asus laptop screen flickering issues

Lose cable. If you are comfortable talking your laptop apart then go ahead. and try re-seating the cable connections, secure them tightly to the connections, if that doesn't work then determine from there weather you need a new cable or screen.
If you do not feel comfortable talking it apart then take it to a local shop.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65647-asus-laptop-screen-flickering-issues.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I've had this ASUS Q550LF laptop for a couple years now and it has been working perfectly. Today I have noticed at seemingly random times, the screen will flicker with a pink color. It first happened while I was watching videos, I restarted it and it seemed fine again but about 30 minutes later while I was on facebook the screen flickered pink once more. I think it may be a graphics card problem but I'm not sure, and I'm not sure how to go about checking or finding out the problem. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129394-flickering-pink-screen-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all I just got a brand new Asus VH H monitor from Newegg Pulled it out of the box set it up on my desk plugged it in connected it to my laptop Acer Aspire and Asus monitor - lines. VH236H horizontal flickering all was good That was about hours ago Now I m seeing horizontal flickering lines all over the screen Some are thin lines others are thick Asus VH236H monitor - flickering horizontal lines. bands They re constantly moving up and down the whole display Did some research and seems like when this happens it happens on all inputs But the funny thing is for me the flickering lines are only visible when in VGA mode When I switch to HDMI my Playstation all is well No lines Asus VH236H monitor - flickering horizontal lines. anywhere in sight Unfortunately I don t have any DVI devices to also check that input I ve checked all the resolution refresh rate options given to me and they re set to the recommended Asus values x Hz Can anyone tell me if this is a defect with the monitor or if I need to find some advanced setting somewhere and change that Thanks CrazyRussian EDIT A friend of mine told me to unplug my laptop from its power-charger And it worked No more scrolling lines So what do I do now I can t run my laptop without charging it but while its charging the monitor picks up interference from the power cables EDIT Just tried running my laptops power cable to a different outlet and that didn t help EDIT Completely untangled laptop power cable separated it from all other cables and threw laptop power block as far as it can go and I moved the laptop inch away from the monitor That fixed the problem about The lines are still there but very very faint At this point I can t think of any other way to fix this Must be a problem with my laptop hardware that is causing the interference Also just in case I checked my old monitor Samsung SyncMaster b just to make sure it isn t just my new monitor and sure enough the lines were there and gone when I unplugged my laptop I just never noticed because the overall colors were much darker than my new Asus nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-vh236h-monitor-flickering-horizontal-lines.954336/
Relevancy 52.89%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 51.17%

Its this crazy flickering that keeps happening after playing games for a period But when it happens in games like Skyrim it does it in EVERY game then and windows explorer Nothing else though It only occurs in games like Skyrim Tropico Company of Heroes Payday Shadows of Mordor is another one I have to restart my games. in Flickering GPU, issue. PC to get it to go away But it comes back eventually it usually takes like GPU, issue. Flickering in games. minutes to occur Here s a gif http gyazo com db a e bb fed NOTE It has never happened in the game on display like I GPU, issue. Flickering in games. have that game at max settings and I can play it for hours straight and it won t happen ALSO this is a VERY recent problem I ve clocked hours in Skyrim AND Payday before this ever happened One last thing I have tried hooking up to another monitor it occurs on that monitor as well so its not my monitor I ve tried a different DVI cable as well I tried a fresh clean install of a new graphics driver Specs http gyazo com cf d f ecf f e c http gyazo com ee aff dea e d c efa Sorry you saw this a few weeks ago I was told it might be a over-heating problem in which I took the card out cleaned it and redid the thermal paste But that didn t fix it Another gif to help http gyazo com a c be bcf a df a e f f EDIT Could it be the PCI-E slot I did have some really high temps until I cleaned it out awhile ago and redid the thermal paste Maybe the slot was damaged nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I have just installed a new system consisting of Intel dg35ec motherboard( with 384 mb non-dedicated graphics card), core 2 duo, 2.8 ghz processor, 2 gb ram, samsung tft monitor etc. No other graphics card is there.
Problem is that the screen sometimes(not everytime) flicker. So what can be the possible reasons and what shall I do?
Note: Flickering is of very slight intensity

Sourav

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I have a Samsung SyncMaster 204B LCD monitor that is flickering after being turned on from being off for more than half an hour or so.The screen appears to be very dull and flickers a bit for about a minute or two,until it "warms up" then the screen brightness and clarity becomes normal,and the flickering stops.It seems to work normally when left on indefinitely.

Is this an early sign of failure? Repairable at all? It's close to 4 years old.I paid $500 for it at the time (right before LCD prices dropped significantly ) so I'd like to get at least a couple more years out of it.

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello! :D

I've been seeing flickering video in Media Player Classic. It happens fairly frequently and occurs with Windows Media Player as well.
I've used both the latest build of Media Player Classic Home Cinema and the 1.60 version but the problem persists.

I also tried turning on "deinterlace" in the shaders but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

A:Flickering video issue.

have you got all your codecs installed?
try KLite
http://adf.ly/CnD5k
are you playing high resolution video?
Maybe your computer is not powerful enough to play it and you need a graphics card or to turn the resolution down on the videos

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468060/flickering-video-issue/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All I m trying to fix a flickering screen I am pretty sure that it Flickering Screen Issue is a software related problem It happened after I formatted and re installed XP professional The reason I believe its a software Screen Flickering Issue issue is that it is not a constant problem A lot of time it will be flickering and then you open up IE explorer and it immediatly stops Then when you search something it will come back It also sometimes happens during start-up so not sure if that means something I have updated the BIOS based on Compaq website and updated all drivers I should have mentioned I am talking about a Compaq Presario Notebook The flickering is horizontal lined where if fades dark and light Sometimes its the entire screen other times its just near the top Moving the position up and down has no effect on the flickering Another reason to think its software related Also I don t have an external monitor to hook up to and see if it is hardware related unfortunatly If there is any questions I would be happy to help and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flickering-issue.795053/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello guys as Display (noise and issue flickering) you can see in the print screens I attached sometimes it s impossible to read anything on my screen so forgive me if I post this on the wrong forum Starting this afternoon I started having a weird display issue I m using Windows -bit latest SP on Bootcamp in a Macbook Pro model Now almost always the screen is rendered illegible by some weird pixelated noise and flickering with parts of the screen content missing see pictures attached As I move the mouse type on the keyboard sometimes the text icon image whatever I m trying to visualize appears again sometimes not I wasn t using the latest Nvidia drivers when it started was ignoring the Nvidia Experience message saying that updates were available So I thought it was a problem of outdated drivers I updated the drivers rebooted the system and the problem persists When I boot the system on Mac Display issue (noise and flickering) OS the screen is fine I wonder if this is some kind of virus malware i ran an AVG scan but it said my system was clean Thank you very much for your help nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Everyone my laptop specs - Flickering Screen ) 9550 ( XPS Issue quot K Ultra HD x InfinityEdge touch Silver GB x GB MHz Screen Flickering Issue ( XPS 9550 ) DDR Memo ry NVIDIA GTX M GB DDR th Generation Intel R Core TM i - HQ Quad Core M Ca che up to GHz Received By April ---------------------------------------------------------- Warranty Active till March Screen Flickering Issue ( XPS 9550 ) Client Gold Support ProSupport Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis Complete Care XPS Technical Support Accidental Damage ------------------------------------------------------ My issues with that laptop since i received it with the first start up - highly Screen Flickering which is hardware issue not software - Laptop temperature getting high after start up within minutes especially the screen itself and also feeling it while touching the keyboard - bios reporting an issue with USB which is sometimes work and sometimes not which mean sometimes the laptop read the USB and sometimes not i tried all solutions over internet with formatting laptop and upgrade downgrade bios and install latest bios version and many many articles forums but i do see that many users had issues with that model too i can confirm that my laptop is defected and i need to replace it So please i need someone from dell to resolve my case because I m fully tired from Dell keep informed that my laptop issue started since yes I m not kidding and i can provide you with all details to check that from your side nbsp with times replacement and every time dell promised that i will had normal laptop but as usually not and the last time i asked them to check the laptop before send it for me to be sure i will not be in trouble again and they promised that i will not face that issue anymore and in case if it s happen they will replace it ASAP but i already communicated with Dell twitter team and they offered only part replacement but I m not agree with that WHAT I M LOOKING FOR TO HAD NORMAL LAPTOP AS ANY DELL LOYAL CUSTOMER AND PLEASE RESPECT THAT I USE MY LAPTOP FOR BUSINESS AND IT S VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME DUE TO MY BUSINESS SO PLEASE I NEED SOMEONE TO HANDLE MY CASE ASAP FOR REPLACEMENT SO PLEASE DELL RESPECT THAT I M OLD CUSTOMER AND I CAN PROVIDE SERVICE TAGS FOR LAPTOPS AND DESKTOP REGISTERED UNDER MY NAME FOR YEARS TILL NOW

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19991381
Relevancy 50.74%

Issue:
When I plug any USB key - which does not include mice using usb ports or any hardware whatsoever, it shows for a few seconds and then disappears and then just starts flashing making my system go insane.

Notes:
This does not affect my alternative user account.
If i'm quick enough to enter the USB key, the window closes.
If I am quick enough to enter the USB key and open a file, it does not close and USB stops flickering.
Using Windows 8.1

Possible cause:
Registry issues

Solution:
?????

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/51768-usb-key-issue-flickering-connected-disconnected.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everybody, I'm posting today because my HP 2159m monitor is flickering when I connect it via hdmi to my laptop. I have tested another monitor and a separate cord and I have determined the issue to be with the monitor it self. What I came here to find out, is where there is some sort of tweaking I need do to my display settings to get it work, or if there is a way to determine if the monitor is just burnt out. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-2159m-monitor-flickering-issue.1104998/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have Dell Latitude420 laptop, creating display flicker when I am going to open www.bseindia.com website only,except this the laptop works fine.Dell have already replaced the Motherboard (processor and RAM inbuild),but problem remaining same,can anybody face this problem previously,please help?

A:Strange Display flickering issue

If you are referring to the flickering stock ticker at the top of the site... it isn't your laptop. I also notice the website uses Java. You might want to check that your Java is up to date.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-display-flickering-issue.791088/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've a PC with GTX970 graphic card with two Pavilion 22cw connected like this: - main screen: hdmi-to-display port- second screen: hdmi-to-hdmi port I've seen flickering issue on second screen when i'm watching a youtube video on full screen instead i'm playing a game (full screen or in a window) on main screen. I've tried to watch settings, but nothing seems work for me.  What can i do?

A:[HP Pavilion 22cw] flickering issue

Hello @Maures, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the display issue, and wanted to assist you! First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:Screen flickers, unstable image Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-22cw-flickering-issue/td-p/5603699
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I m looking for some help diagnosing a flickering screen problem I have with a Sony Vaio laptop So it a diagnosing flickering screen Need issue help s started happening recently when I turn it on it flickers as it turns on then eventually goes all black Sometimes if I close the screen down it comes back on again for Need help diagnosing a flickering screen issue a few seconds When I re-boot again it always has the Need help diagnosing a flickering screen issue same behaviour flickers and then eventually goes black at some stage not Need help diagnosing a flickering screen issue always at the same stage sometimes I might get to log on sometimes not I ve connected to an external monitor and everything works fine For me it s not an inverter issue because I ve seen inverter issues before and it was very consistent behaviour the screen just blacks out consistently and you can see the screen with a torch in this case I can t really see screen with or it s very difficult to If it is ccfl issue I would ve thought that bulb would be gone and that s it it would just never light up One more thing that would indicate ccfl issue to me is if I turn it on and have the screen dimmed to it s lowest it works fine and stays on until I start to brighten it up again and then just goes black Any experts out there can diagnose this for me I m not sure if it is ccfl issue and I don t want to go messing with it I tried to replace a bulb once before and it was a disaster not an easy process for a half amateur compared to replacing an inverter One other point is that there seems to be a problem with the psu like a loose connection and it keeps dropping to the battery nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-diagnosing-a-flickering-screen-issue.895661/
Relevancy 50.74%

I got HP Pavillion dv6 series laptop in 8 months back, from one month im getting problem of screen flickering as coloured horizantal lines when i turn on laptop in Battery mode but when i use it by connecting to electricity it is working fine, following are the actions which i applied :

1.I updated Bios,
2.tried by replacing battery with new battery,
3.Reinstalled OS but the problem still persist.

And the warranty period is over.Please help me to overcome this issue.....

A:HP dv6 Login Screen flickering issue !!!!

Sounds to me like there is a grounding fault here that is interfering with the display. Have you tried moving the screen whilst it's on (open/close~up/down) and seeing if the pattern of interference changes?

/ Crit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-dv6-login-screen-flickering-issue-640805.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Bumped into this tftcentral.co.uk article by accident. It pretty much explains the intermittent flickering I noticed in my XPS 15 9550. DELL support could not figure that out themselves.
www.tftcentral.co.uk/.../pulse_width_modulation.htm
The temp solution was then to go to my driver colour settings and decrease the contrast and the brightness. Hopefully I will not need to change the settings again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996198
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there guys,
I have a problem with my screen flickering? going up and down, whenever I do something. I mean I thought it was just whenever I was using my browser, but it happens whenever I play games or anything is happening ont he screen. It's not consistent, but it keeps doing it, I tried formatting my PC, changing the monitors and cables but the problem is still there and it's bugging me to no end! and I have no idea what to do with it. Could anyone help me? I beg of thee!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flickering-jumping-might-be-hardware-issue.1155393/
Relevancy 50.31%

recently, my screen has been flickering as if it was static. at this point, i think ive figured it out its some sort of cable issue in the screen because it occurs when i move the screen. is there a way for me to fix this? i don't know how to dissasemble the screen, is there any specific steps i should take? any other suggestions? thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v15-v3-572g-screen-flickering-issue/td-p/434784/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 50.31%

hi Today when i turned on my computer everything was fine I used it for a short while and proceeded to put it in standby mode for about hour ASAP[Flickering Monitor issue.] Needed Help or so when i woke it from standby i immediately noticed that in the top right and bottom left corner the screen is flickering as Help Needed ASAP[Flickering Monitor issue.] though i have set the refresh rate lower but i have checked and it was not changed from hz I am prone to migrains so i absolutely have to have the refresh rate set as high as possible to use my computer and it was never been a problem The weird thing is that sometimes it stops flickering and goes back to normal but that doesn't last long I'm completely at a loss as to what is causing it as i didn't change anything between yesterday and today I tried Help Needed ASAP[Flickering Monitor issue.] reinstalling my gpu driver with no luck i've checked the cords and they are all plugged in correctly My computer is by no means showing any different behaviour it runs just as good as always just this flickering unfortunately i do not have another monitor so Help Needed ASAP[Flickering Monitor issue.] if anyone has any idea what this may be i would be very grateful - Could it possibly be that the power cable from my monitor to plug socket is dying It almost appears more as the corner of the screen is shaking slightly -UPDATE My mothers room is right next to mine and i happened to go into her room and notice she had a heater directly on the wall separating our rooms so i turned it off while the flickering was happening and i moved it and so far i haven't experienced the flickering but as i said before it does sometimes come and go so we'll see

A:Help Needed ASAP[Flickering Monitor issue.]

Hello and welcome to the forums!!! Who are the manufactures of your monitor and your graphics card?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-xp/121306-help-needed-asap-flickering-monitor-issue.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I bought this laptop back in September-ish of It runs perfectly fine still and always has but the image on my screen has been a problem since probably December of I know that seems ridiculous for me to just now be bringing it up but I honestly dont use it that often and only for flickering screen issue! Blue HP Laptop pleasure so I always put it off and forgot about it The screen basically flickers blue in certain spots Corners of windows icons links etc Its almost as if it was highlighted I am not sure what it is Sometimes it randomly goes away but then comes back within a few days HP Laptop Blue flickering screen issue! If i do a screen grab of the blue flickering it doesnt appear in the HP Laptop Blue flickering screen issue! jpg So i took a picture with my cell phone I uploaded that pic as well as my system specs to this thread Anyone please help lol Bestbuy within minutes told me it would cost me for a new screen without even doing anything besides comestically looking at the screen and laptop HP has been beyond awful in their quot support quot nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I just received my XPS 15 4K/i7/512 GB laptop at my first start up i noticed below mentioned issues
1. White flickering dots while booting (DELL logo).
2. Too much screen flickering (display goes black and returns). 2-3 times in under 5 secs.
3. Updated BIOS and other drivers. (System drivers are all up-to-date).
4. Everytime screen flickers mouse returns to the centre of the screen and brightness varies around 14% even though i set it to 100%.
Need a fix as soon as possible. Laptop is completely unusable.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990158
Relevancy 50.31%

I flickering issue AU003TX.. hp in pavilion screen bought an Hp notebook AU TX Second day of purchase I found my notebook's screen flickering and it was uncertain it occurs may be one time or two times a day Called the tech support no they told me to screen flickering issue in hp pavilion AU003TX.. ON it in BIOS mode and it was flickering in BIOS mode also so they said it's an hardware prblm we will send an engineer Engineer arrived and in first half hr he said there is no prblm bt after some time flickering occurred and he said there may be some problem I demanded DOA BT they denied and said there is no hardware issue drivers has to be updated so I got it replaced from my dealer and the previous notebook when checked drivers were already updated Now after - days again the same issue was found in my new notebook Now service people says window or drivers has to be updated and these are already updated They took the notebook and after screen flickering issue in hp pavilion AU003TX.. two days returned saying there is no issue however the tech support says there is hardware problem as screen is flickering even in BIOS mode The case screen flickering issue in hp pavilion AU003TX.. has been closed and the problem is not solved yet

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/screen-flickering-issue-in-hp-pavilion-AU003TX/td-p/5743222
Relevancy 49.88%

Had this Sager np laptop Issue And Flickering Huge with Laptop Clicking Screen and it has had lot of issues When i first got it it was great Battery was good and everything After having Laptop Flickering Screen And Huge Issue with Clicking the laptop for a bit my battery went bad Had that Red X mark on it I bought a new battery replacement which was expensive Had to go to repair shop to install battery on laptop because you had to open laptop in order to put battery in After that battery went bad and had that Red X mark ever since Then recently my laptop flickers a lot the screen Like rainbow color Now theres a black line there But if i move screen up or down it goes green or yellow etc The thing though is i connect my laptop to an external monitor so i dont have this issue with my main screen Thus it would be impossible to use my laptop by itself because of the blurry lines Since I'm out of warranty this is with xoticpc what can i do about this case Go to a repair shop and see what they can do about it The thing is if i need a replacement part wouldn't i need to order from sager xoticpc for this issue I have had nothing but issues with this laptop once the battery first ran out

A:Laptop Flickering Screen And Huge Issue with Clicking

I also had another issue related to this. Earlier when i was trying to click on things on my laptop screen... it kept asking me if i want to delete this program from computer. Example i would left click on a program on my desktop or click on my pictures or documents.
I click no and then i had this message show up over and over again where I cannot X it out. Had to been like that message popping up over and over again. I assume this is related to the screen flickering? Example i would use my mouse and click on programs on my desktop or my documents etc left clicking it like normal. It would then have the popup are you sure you want to delete file and send to recycle bin. Basically i click no but that same message keep popping up over and over again. When i got control alt delete, you see it has like 50 processes that say program isn't responding or something like that. Only way to get rid of this is to restart my laptop or shutdown then start it up again.
And when i do restart laptop or close it and start up, it would have this message with black screen and have option to click Enter where it says Window 7. Like asking which program to start up. Does anyone know what this is?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393163-laptop-flickering-screen-huge-issue-clicking.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,

System specs:
PC XPSP2
2 GIG RAM
P4 2.8GHz
ASUS P4C800E Deluxe P-4 ATX Motherboard
Antec PLUS 1080AMG ATX Case w/ 430W PS

I just replaced my video card, which was an ATI 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro AGP, with an ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB AGP. Since then, I am getting very random "flickering", or what appears to be screen flashing. Most often happens when opening apps or switching between apps.

I checked ATI support, and all that they suggest is updating the AGP BIOS drivers, which apparently involves updating the complete BIOS, something I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing, or is apes. I would have assumed that the AGP drivers were compatible with another ATI AGP product.

Could this new card be drawing enough additional power to be causing this anomaly? Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,
I've recently bought a Dell 7559 refurbished, with the Intel core i5 and GTX 960m. Within a day or two of use, the screen began to flicker upon booting up or waking from sleep mode, and it seems that the longer the laptop was in sleep/off mode, the worse the flickering is upon booting up. I've been trying to figure out what's going on, I've updated all drivers and such from the Dell support page, but nothing seems to fix this issue. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm certainly bummed out to have run into this issue within just days of buying the product. I've uploaded a youtube video to try and show what's going on.
https://youtu.be/aqlVhBjYVkE

A:Dell 7559 screen/display flickering issue

Hi DukeBaluk,
I’d suggest that you update BIOS on your computer to check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.
http://dell.to/18r60nI
Also, we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

Turn of the computer.
Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.
You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if the issue reoccurs on the screen.

In addition, please connect the system to an external monitor and check if the issue reoccurs.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683019
Relevancy 49.02%

Is there any update that helps solving screen flickering issue on Lumia 1520. Please provide us the update so that it helps in using the phone with no issues.
Lumia 1520 is an awesome Top end phone in windows. Not liking to loosing it.

A:***Need Update in windows 10 for Lumia 1520 screen flickering issue.

Originally Posted by Rajesh MM Is there any update that helps solving screen flickering issue on Lumia 1520. Please provide us the update so that it helps in using the phone with no issues.
Lumia 1520 is an awesome Top end phone in windows. Not liking to loosing it.
As i read in the Microsoft forums, about the similar issue i have come to the conclusion that it is an hardware issue and should not be confused with the software.
i hereby quote 93tid ( Microsoft Forums Community Moderator)
" The 1520 suffers from a lot of screen problems due to lower quality components as a result of cost cutting. In order to eliminate any potential software causes you can first try performing a hard reset from settings > about > reset my phone. If that does not help, go for a full firmware reinstall using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool . If the problem persists, take it to a Nokia Care facility for inspection/repair."
Following his steps you should have a visit to nokia care or the one providing authorized service in your area.
Further for your own reading, here is the link to the actual forums :> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/m...e4555a6?page=4

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440417-%2A%2A%2Aneed-update-windows-10-lumia-1520-screen-flickering-issue.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently developed an annoying flickering blue circle next to my cursor whenever Im using a Word 2010
There is no problem in notepad only in word. I have already done a system restore and updated my printer drivers (one recommendation that was given) but cannot get rid of the distracting flickering blue cursor.
Any help to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated!!

A:MS Word 2010 issue...flickering blue circle next to cursor

Hi there ... I would try changing the default printer .. If that does not help try a Repair through the control panel .This seems to either be a printer problem . Or a template problem .

Change your default printer

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/299524-ms-word-2010-issue-flickering-blue-circle-next-cursor.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Laptop screen flickering - YouTube lt -- Cellphone vid of the screen flicker So a year or so ago I had to send my laptop off to Staples Business Depot where I got it to have my screen fixed It would randomly start flickering black and loseing picture before coming back Sometimes It wouldnt come back for a few minutes or at all until shutdown After staples was done looking at it they just backed up and reset my laptop This is what was said quot Comprehensive hardware test performed No trouble found with testing Video issue was only recreated inside Windows amp tested ok outside of Windows May have been a driver conflict software incompatibility A complementary factory re-installation or it conflict told driver issue? was software Screen flickering, is was completed to ensure the system Screen flickering, was told it is driver conflict or software issue? is performing to manufacturer design Repair completed and final testing passed External cleaning performed Returning to store Screen flickering, was told it is driver conflict or software issue? for Customer pick-up quot And Screen flickering, was told it is driver conflict or software issue? honestly that fixed it for the time being but now the issue is starting again Same thing has only happened once or twice but now I have no warrenty left to have it repaired Thus far it has only happened while I am on my desktop or using google chrome It hasnt happened while playing any games yet but it did previously when the issue first started Laptop is an Asus X S Intel i GHz Nvidia m all drivers up to date gb RAM One GB hdd one GB hdd Ive had a few windows updates the last few days that have installed on shutdown The issue first started on May st and I noticed it again today May rd which is why I came here for help Just started to have another issue Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Installation date AM Installation status Failed Error details Code F Update type Recommended This windows update fails everytime I try to install it

A:Screen flickering, was told it is driver conflict or software issue?

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Please see this,
Windows Update Posting Instructions

You might also see the status and uninstall these updates,
KB3021917
KB3035583
Then use clean up system files inside Disk cleanup.
Disk Cleanup : Extended

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370710-screen-flickering-told-driver-conflict-software-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

ok this is a long rant but i have to let it out and i hope you all could give me advice plz I have dealt with asus over the weekend for hrs dealing with the idiocy of these people I have been on hold a minimum of to hrs i worked with at least different CSR's who have either read the wrong manuals issue ASUS their words gone over what connections belong where at least to times with each CSR passed along to supervisors who put me on hold and never came back i have talked to a manager about the situation who i told i expect to be compensated for all the aggravation they put me through and he asked me what I wanted and i replied with a tablet and he said he wouldnt qaurentee it but he would see what he ASUS issue could do I asked him if it would be possible to get a windows version of a tablet and he recommended a vivo again saying he will see what managemtent decides I then asked him when would ASUS issue i hear from him and he replied on tuesday so i waited until three PM and never recieved a phone call from him shocker there and i asked him if i didnt hear from him to call and ask from him which i did and was kept on hold for over an hour with very limited response I told these csr's they were idiots after having more than enough patience with them and i was sick of it After an hour of being on hold i hung up and called them back I asked for a supervisor and was given one who kept me on hold for to mins and finally got back on the phone and replied i am trying to work something out and help me out but he needed to put me on hold and i asked how long for and he stated mins A half hour went by until i hung up and called back I asked for another supervisor and he replied to me that the manager denied my request for a tablet I asked a few csr's and supervisors how they would feel if that was me and some replied they would be upset and not happy at all some wouldnt answer the question obviously coz they worked there as i told them they wouldn't answer me I dememanded to speak to this manager and they said they have no way of reaching him which i know was a crock of hit I then asked the supervisor where this manager worked and he replied corperate and i asked him for the number which he replied he didnt know but said he would get a message to him to call me tomorrow which i said to myself i know he wont so i asked the sup who i could contact that had access to him and could get him on the phone and they couldnt give me an answer so i told them I will be calling the better business bureau in the morning and he said that is my choice I plan on doing so in the AM I have tried to have as much patience with these idiots as much as i could lost my cool with them and swore at them telling them how dumb they are as i had it with them I have never been treated so badly before and have never heard anything like this i was lied to by so many different ppl before Sorry for my long rant but i had to get it out as i am very frustrated Could i please get some opinions from you all on what i should do Yuor opinions are greatly appreciated and wanted no matter what u think If i am so very wrong plz be gentle on ur comments thx

A:ASUS issue

Sorry but this should of been at the beginning of my rant. I was just pissed off at asus and verizon after both had trouble with their CSR as asus isnt too informative and verizon being on strike.

Ok, I will add a little more detail to my original post but in a more calmed manner. I was putting together my first build of a desktop PC and was excited to do it to prove to myself i could do it. I ordered my first 2 parts last monday and received them within 2 days which surprised me how quickly they came. So i went ahead and ordered the last few parts on Tuesday and everything else by Thursday except the RAM. I ended up putting together the complete thing within a short amount of time and saw why people enjoy building them coz it was fun. The only issues I ad was with the tiny pin connections for the fan, usb devices and some other things that I have forgotten at this time. I talked to a few places like amazon, new egg, forums, Best buy and a few local PC repair shops hoping to get some help from them but the all said you have to call asus and they all said good luck with that and i asked why. Just about all replied they are not too helpful and are hard to deal with.

When I got home, I called for some mobo help and after about 20 mins i got someone on the phone and he was willing to help me. He had me does over and over again with starting over 3 to 4 different times before he gave up. His supervisor got on the phone and was no help either. I went through these things about 7 times before they got it right. Picture all that and imagine the same thing happening with the drivers as well which brought me to my original rant. Hope this is a bit more clear now.

thx

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/asus-issue-277499/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good morning all...

I'm having trouble with some new RAM. My motherboard is an ASUS P5N-E SLI and it currently has (2) 1-Gig sticks of OCZ PC2-6400 installed. I just purchased 2 more sticks of OCZ PC2-6400 (OCZ2VU8002GK) but whenever I add both or just one I get a BSOD. Any ideas? Should I try flashing the BIOS? I saw that BIOS release 0901 adds support for different kinds of RAM.

Any help would be great. I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

A:ASUS P5N-E SLI Ram Issue

Flash the Bios, see what happens,

Passed that it would be faulty ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-e-sli-ram-issue.119368/
Relevancy 43.86%

This 64 bit gaming machine (which runs faster and hotter than my quad processor Dell Latitude) and which has been running pretty well for a couple of years has recently developed an odd recurring problem, Clicking an icon will cause the display to blank out. The screen then returns (without reboot) but only after some of the type of colour display you might see when running diagnostics. It is equipped with a NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS.

What could this be? Flash player crashes (which are always a problem) have recently gotten a lot more frequent. Norton is running at all times and doing idle scans and there have been no recent malware incidents reported. However, the Norton install itself is new and is frequently reporting excessive memory usage from Google Chrome or other browsers.

Thanks, cCc

A:ASUS G50 Display issue

Have you tried updating/reinstalling the video drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-g50-display-issue.1017015/
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok, I have an IbuyPower ATX tower (Raidmax) with an Asus K8V Deluxe MB AMD 64 3200 processor, 3 G ram. I just upgraded it (along with two other or my PC's) to Win7 Home Premium. This machine makes a crash sound periodically (once an hour?) and the display goes black and says "no signal". In less than 15 seconds it returns to normal and is ready to go. So it's not a real Crash but something else. I suspect the GeForce FX5900 )128Ram) Video card. I have checked and updated all the drivers for the chipset, MB and the GeForce card. When this happens I see the CD/DVD drive lights (have two) flash like on start up but it's not a reboot that's happening that fast.

Anyone got a clue?

Soap

A:Asus K8V Deluxe Win 7 issue

Ok, something new.

It just completely shut down for the first time. I think it's haunted!

Soap

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405135/asus-k8v-deluxe-win-7-issue/
Relevancy 43.86%

Wondering if anyone has had or has heard of this problem I ve been having with my Asus laptop When I m typing the computer will miss many of the characters I type requiring me to backspace and re-insert them more slowly It is not an issue with any specific keys it s all the keys The problem seems to be worse the longer my laptop is on It s almost like something in the background is interfering with the messages my keyboard is sending After installing several drivers I sent my laptop Asus keyboard issue to Asus and they reseated the keyboard and noted that it s working properly I think the biggest issue is that none of the techs seem to understand that I m not having a physical problem with the keys It s so frustrating It s also impossible to write a paper without going out of my mind Unfortunately I didn t discover the problem until after the weeks during which I could have returned the computer to Best Buy Anyway the model is X Vb X series if that helps Intel Core duo Ghz each GB RAM Windows Vista bit -Donna nbsp

A:Asus keyboard issue

It's the forum.. really... it was acting like I didn't post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-keyboard-issue.133335/
Relevancy 43.86%

I just got a RMA'd A7N8X deluxe ver1.04 back from asus and have it running fine, except when I play games I get the post error reporter "system fail cpu test "
Wondering if anyone know of a solution

A7N8X deluxe
AMD 2600+
OCZ 512 DDR400
Ati 9600 pro

A:Strange asus issue

Welcome to TechSpot

There are a few possibilities here:
- it may be that your CPU-cooler is too tight on the CPU
- you may have an Audigy card installed
- you may need an updated BIOS
but the most likely candidate is a too weak powersupply.

For future reference, please fill in your computer-specs under "user cp" (at top of page).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-asus-issue.13721/
Relevancy 43.86%

Is anyone else having compatibility issues between Asus motherboards and Creative Soundblaster sound cards? I updated all the drivers but its just not working.... weird. Any suggestions?

A:Asus Compatability issue

I had this kind of issue also... I just changed the sound card and presto... it worked.... you can always put that sound card into another existing computer if you don't want to toss it (which isn't very good of course)... I'm not sure why I had the problem also... but hey... its not a problem anymore...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-compatability-issue.683949/
Relevancy 43.43%

Yes, truth is stranger than fiction.
Shock horror, a Chinese website is publishing a Vantage score, complete with partially filled GPU-Z screen purportedly showing the upcoming Cayman XT (HD 6870). The Vantage score would indicate an approximate 20% improvement over a stock GTX 480 and ~35% over the HD 5870.

Memory at 6400MHz effective...wow.

[source]

A:HD 6870? Is this it?

Looks like the Chinese are the ATi equivalent of Russia's Microsoft leak crew!

Looks good, even if I don't understand half of it! haha.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-6870-is-this-it.152436/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have really been looking at getting a GTX 560 but just saw some review that shows that 6870 to be faster. I don't know how reliable that is. Anyone care to lead me in the right direction that shows me otherwise? Thanks.

A:GTX 560 vs HD 6870

TechSpot has a review of the Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti and compares it to other cards including the Radeon HD 6870. Look here: http://www.techspot.com/review/359-nvidia-geforce-gtx-560ti/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-560-vs-hd-6870.172279/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys i hope i'm on the right board I've been looking around and been asking lots of questions but it really comes down to my specific PSU My computer is as follows Core i - lynnfield quad ghz gb x gb Corsair DDR ram mhz Albatron Geforce GT Which i'm PSU My 6870 with upgrading obviously Asus P P LX Motherboard Acbel w PSU AcBel Polytech Inc Im almost certain this is the one so go by this I have a gb WD GREEN HD a standard DVD burner Now I dont do ANY overclocking tampering with voltages etc and i never plan to so that aside I purchased a Gigabyte graphics card the 'OC version' My PSU with 6870 with the three fans it's massive and i havent installed it yet Will my power supply going by that link has all details etc be able to handle it fine or will i need to upgrade Some people say i should be fine but they havent seen specs of the PSU Oh and it's about year old the PSU that is and doesnt get used - just regular usage and gaming Thanks heaps in advance for any help guys

A:My PSU with 6870

On the two 12v rails it only puts out 18A on each and a total of 360WS, this PSU is pretty much the bottom of the food chain.

You should use a PSU calculator, (search on the web) there are several from almost every PSU manufacturer and input your total components and see what is recommended.

The PSU is the most important piece of equipment in the system with under-voltage or over-voltage you can ruin the rest of your components.

If your PSU will work with your components by the calculation you should allow for additional Amps and Watts to the PSU is not under a constant load causing it to run hot and go out before its time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/165166-my-psu-6870-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok guys. I am building a new machine with a Seagate Barracuda SATA 80 GB and an Asus A7V8X-X mobo. Since the mobo has no onboard SATA interface, I have installed an SATA PCI host adapter.
Here's the deal; the host adapter seems to work fine, but no sign of the hdd in either CMOS/BIOS or DOS. The hdd spins up, I checked, and the CMOS is set to auto-detect.
I have built dozens of machines, but this is my first SATA drive. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Asus A7V8X-X and SATA hdd issue

Welcome to TechSpot Forums

You're searching the drive from the PCI adapter's BIOS, right? Additional controller cards have their own BIOSes which are (usually) accessible after power-on self test, before the OS loads, there should be a screen saying which key to press to get there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v8x-x-and-sata-hdd-issue.11630/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all, need a little help here. I have an ASUS CM5570 that I a repairing. The initial problem was that it wouldnt boot (power on) every time...it was pretty hit or miss......so I replaced the power supply, No it powers on correctly, cd drive lights up, etc, however it never seems to go past that stage of the initial powering on....doesnt seem to boot, nothing is displayed on the screen, no beeps coming from the tower either....

Any ideas?

A:ASUS CM5570 / Power Issue

I have tried multiple power supplies....it seems to be booting now...now I am having install OS install troubles...this thing may not be worth the time.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cm5570-power-issue.1055518/
Relevancy 43.43%

hi, i've just installed Win 8 .
when it finished , i had sound , but only from 1 speaker ( i have 5.1 )
i was trying to install M4A88T-M audio drivers , but it says that no HD AUDIO found , and then i tried to install AC-97 drivers , but there's no drivers for win 8 .
is my motherboard that old ? is there any solution ?

A:Asus M4A88T-M sound issue .

The VIA audio drivers can be downloaded from ASUS HERE

The AC97 drivers are old and not HD audio drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/30240-asus-m4a88t-m-sound-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Identification No: VX-6520

Greetings have a problem with this laptop.
when I turn it on the screen show some like with a lot of blue line come down it. It will stay on for a will then turn off by it self. The blue likes is Horizontal some this like when a memory is bad. I have change memory and it is not that so i do not know if it is a video card problem or a board or a chip problem.

Hope u can help me is solve this problem all solution will be nice.

Thanks

A:Asus Lamborghini VX2 laptop issue

LCD panel need to be replaced that blue line will come back and won't go away. Contact Asus and see if they can repair that for you. You could do it yourself if you're handy. Skill tech it would take 15 minutes to remove then replace it another 10-15 minutes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-lamborghini-vx2-laptop-issue.139815/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all,

My friends unit an Asus CM6870
I load default settings and everything goes fine for some time then the bios lose settings, sometimes after the computer shut down, always same problem! (Reboot and select proper boot device ...)

Tried already a Bios update and System restore!

Any idea what's wrong with this unit?

A:Asus boot order issue

Check the Battery the mother Board.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43201-asus-boot-order-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi. A friend of mine has an ASUS Pro 31F notebook. For some reason some keyboard keys aren't writing what I am typing. As an example: -

O = Y;o\
J = V.j, p
k = g/Km
and so on.

Does anyone have a fix. I have tried almost everything other than to smack the laptop against a wall.

Look forward to a reply.

chrisjoa

A:Asus Pro31f keyboard issue

You may have a stuck key on the keyboard. Check the ALT or Fn keys. You could try attaching an external keyboard and see if it works correctly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-pro31f-keyboard-issue.140885/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just installed an ASUS M3A78-EM mobo and everything is working great except my CPU fan. ( AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ ) It's constantly running at 4770 rpm's and sounds like a 747 about to take off. I'm using the same cpu & fan setup that I had on my old board ( Acer crap ) and it was nice and quiet in there. I've checked the bios and see an area for the fans but there isn't any real adjustment I can make to slow and quieten the thing down as far as I know.

Anyone have any ideas. Hearing aids are expensive and I really don't want to use ear plugs.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: The CPU is running at 32C with the present fan configeration

Relevancy 43.43%

Hey all First off some stats I ve got an Alienware System thats Running Windows Xp Pro Sp on a ASUS P C -E Deluxe MoBo P Ghz HT processor socket Gb Ram PC DIMMs something or other Gb SATA drive Western Digital Gb Drive Western Digital Gb Drive hopefully The Backstory I ve had the system I m working on for a few years and I just picked up a Western Digital Gig hard drive for supper Cheap I currently have two s in there now all three are SATA drives When connected the initially I started up and nothing showed there was no sign that it even existed I booted into my setup and realized I RAID ASUS issue MotherBoard had turned my Promise Technologies FastTrack off I turned that on and as the system booted the fast track came on and poof I saw the drive Problem solved Not really When I get into windows ASUS MotherBoard RAID issue it doesn t see the drive at all I ve done some reading and some tinkering but I fell I need to turn to some higher authority for help I ve installed two different Promise drivers because I can t seem to figure out what I had when I got the System The quot Master CD quot that Alienware gave me has a folder that says quot ASUS MotherBoard RAID issue FastTrack TX quot or the like but the INF has drivers for a bunch of things the only one that runs seemlessly is the TX though So Installed that and rebooted and nothing happens At this point I would say the drive doesn t work but I know it s not the case as I ve used it before with no problems So anyway I m reading that on my Motherboard ASUS P C E Deluxe that the first back of SATA connectors are controlled by intel and the Second bank of are controlled by Promise makes sense But the problem is nothing that I do will allow windows to recognize the drive I don t want to RAID the drive to anything else at this point I just want to be able to set it Up JBOD Just a Bunch Of Drives I can t figure it out and the strangest thing more over is that when I tried to update the Promise Fast Track BIOS the PTIFLASH updater says I don t have a promise controler at all Please please please if anyone knows how to help me I d be very thankful I d rather not have to raid things and loose space because this motherboard doesn t know how to individualize drives nbsp

A:ASUS MotherBoard RAID issue

JBOD is a form of raid. It is spanning multi drives to be seen as one drive.

Next if your drive is recognized in the promise bios and not by windows, you probably need to partition and format the drive. Windows does not "See" a drive without a partition.

Go to disk management start>run and type in "diskmgmt.msc" without quotes and hit enter. See if your drive is detected in disk management. If so, just right click on it and choose to create partition. Next right click and choose to format.

BTW onboard promise controllers use different drivers depending on what mode is selected in the system bios ie raid or non-raid. This is one of the reasons I dislike onboard controllers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard-raid-issue.593893/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am a Technician and I am having the same issue, kind-of. There was no BIOS pass ever set on this thing. Coincidence or not, this one boots every 4th or 5th push of the power button. I power on, it starts and dies but keeps the Power light on if plugged in, or on battery, or both. So I have to force shutdown. Like I said, i do this 4 or 5 times and then can boot into the OS. I have a couple of directions to go. Since it IS DEFINITELY power related, but not Hardware we have these options-1.) Battery Driver.2.) Battery Firmwareand last but not least3.) BIOS FirmWare update. I will try these, and attempt to re-post my findings. If none of these resolve it, it definitely has to do with the physical power path from power input to HDD Power Contacts.

A:I was following up on the Asus X55C no-post issue

I managed to unearth this post:http://www.computing.net/answers/ha...Is this the one you meant? If not can you give a link please because there are 1000s of posts on these boards?EDIT:Wrong post - see later.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/i-was-following-up-on-the-asus-x55c-nopost-issue/19489.html
Relevancy 43.43%

This is my third thread post because I'm having three issues all at the same time but this one is actually very old. It doesn't bug me but can get annoying.

If I plug in headphones and take it out, it'll say the headphones are still plugged in 90% of the time. I just go to "Change sound card settings" and disable headphones when I'm not using it so the speaker is in use. I usually use my speakers but my sibling uses headphones so it gets annoying.

Is there a way to fix this?

I have an ASUS x550C laptop running Windows 7 64 bit, Professional.

A:ASUS Laptop sound issue

That sounds like a defective headphone jack. Many headphone jacks have an extra contact that signals that a headphone is plugged in. If that contact is "flakey" as it seems yours is that could cause the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/367403-asus-laptop-sound-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have just put together a new system

i7 920
p6t deluxe V2
8800 gts 512
bunch of hard drives
OCZ 700w power
OCZ 12 gb ram ( to arrive on tuesday )
vistax64 - not yet installed

This may sound like a stupid question but is it possible to access the bios or see anything on screen without the ram installed.

I've turned the system on and the lights are on and the fans spin but the screen is blank (without a signal ) - don't get any beeps warning about no ram....It looks suspiciously like my old Mobo when I killed it with a bios update.

I powered up the system because I read you can access the SSD browser on the mobo and I wanted to see if it works.

Any reasurance is welcome...you tell me I'm an idiot too it that's applicable

A:new build - Asus p6t deluxe issue (maybe)

Well..... I have never tried it...... Do you have a screen hooked up? You could check to see...

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217791-new-build-asus-p6t-deluxe-issue-maybe.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hi my last mb asus p8z77 v-pro went pare shape so decided to buy same one so won't have problems with anything but:
new mb don't see my ram 16gb corsair vengeance which was working on old one????
red led shows up continuous so did try cmos clear, did ram ok memory but atfer run up still goes red ~~I am a bit lost - its new mb and could be faulty? or I did missed something? please help

A:asus p8z77 v-pro ddr3 ram issue

right get to stage that boots up but only on 4gb so slot 2a, if i set all 4 in red led goes off, or even a2 and b2 still red dram led on why? did update bios ? on asus page corsair vengeance is recommended memory pls help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/261761-asus-p8z77-v-pro-ddr3-ram-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a new system ASUS P B-VM C D E GB RAM blah blah using an old Western Digital HDD which I wish to clone onto a new HDD I m unsure as to where I d plug the nd HDD in to clone it as I tried to plug it in to the the nd socket of the SATA sockets and when I use my cloning software Acronis True Image it says there isn t a nd HDD to clone onto The nd drive is formatted and recognised by Windows in the Disk Management Window Has anyone cloned an HDD on the P B-VM If so I d be pleased to know how to too My next plan with ASUS issue P5B-VM Cloning Disk of action was to plug the drive into the e-SATA socket on the back of the system to see if it would be recognised then as u need to plug an HDD into the back of the system so u can enable a RAID array Many thanks Rob nbsp

A:Disk Cloning issue with ASUS P5B-VM

Well, cant say i have used a P5B-VM, but im to assume your trying to clone a drive to begin a raid array?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-cloning-issue-with-asus-p5b-vm.71870/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an ASUS UL50VT running Windows 7 64.

I did a system restore and now my webcam doesn't work. I can't get the drivers on the ASUS site to function and I can't find any external help. If someone could help me out with a solution, I'd appreciate it.

The webcam is internal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-ul50vt-webcam-issue.1011672/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am having an issue - ASUS Issue Vista Install A8N-SLI installing RTM Vista on my Athlon system My MB is an ASUS A N-SLI WD Raptors RAID for Primary gig SATA drive - non raid When I boot off the DVD I get into the setup screen My drives show up fine and I was even able to format my RAID drives I go to install and it sits at Copying Files for about seconds at and then immediately hits and goes to Extracting files That sits there for a few minutes and then errors out with something akin to cannot read from media At first I thought I had an array issue where it wasn t able Vista Install Issue - ASUS A8N-SLI to copy files to the drives but now I am wondering if its an DVD Vista Install Issue - ASUS A8N-SLI player issue I have tried two different DVD players with the same result I have tried sets of Vista media so I am ruling out a media issue I am not sure when Vista loads a DVD driver and I wonder if it loads a different version Vista Install Issue - ASUS A8N-SLI of it before the copy Obviously it can read it from boot up and enough to load the setup program with the generic driver Anyone seen anything similar or have any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello! I have an Asus 2-in-1. it turns into a tablet and into a laptop so it does have a keyboard. Someone cracked my screen about a year ago now, so I have turned off the touch-screen feature and the screen is still cracked. However, it is still a reallyyyyy crappy computer. So last night when my keyboard kept "detaching" frequently (according to the little sounds played) in an annoying manner, most of the time a message saying "The USB drive insert is not recognized" or something like that. Then it stopped accepting it all together. Now I cannot get past my lock screen or type anything. But what's weird is that it's not auto-rotating so it recognizes there's a keyboard attached, it just wont allow me to do anything on it. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/2-1-asus-laptop-keyboard-issue-4606022/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi folks

I'm currently running the Windows 8RTM 64bit on my Asus eee Slate ep121. I have a dual boot of the RTM and Windows 7 Home Basic. I have several game including Plants vs Zombies and Angry Birds Space that run great on Windows 7, but they won't run on the Windows 8RTM. I keep getting an error that say Open GL 2.0 is not supported. I've been searching around the web for drivers, but I'm having no luck, and frankly I'm a bit lost. I'm not a pc newbie, but I'm no power user either. I really need some help with this.

thanks in advance.

A:Please help with Open GL issue on Asus eee Slate

I don't see that Intel has released Windows 8 drivers for the sort of graphics in the eee Slate EP121. Here's what thy list:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...ae+HD+Graphics

Do the Win7 X64 drivers work?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9331-please-help-open-gl-issue-asus-eee-slate.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys I have an Asus R A laptop and it has Windows Home When I first got that laptop it was loaded with Windows Home Premium I've upgraded to Windows back in as part of the free upgrade promotion back then and while I didn't have any problems with the Windows upgrade back then - until recently a major update to Windows has affected my Wi-Fi issue My laptop has an Atheros AR Wi-Fi card onboard and during a few occasions my Wi-Fi could drop suddenly without noticing When I tried to reconnect to my Wi-Fi router that is within range it tries to connect - but it gives me a red quot R500A issue Wi-Fi on ASUS laptop X quot Wi-Fi issue on ASUS R500A laptop I've tried to turn off the Wi-Fi and turning it back on but it gives me the same problem The only way that I can fix that problem - is to restart my computer For you reference the version of the driver for my Atheros AR Wi-Fi card is While re-installing my operating system isn't my option so far I want to know how can I fix that issue from happening again I'm also hinting that something quot hidden quot that caused my Wi-Fi connection to drop and then won't connect at all Please advise

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/wi-fi-issue-on-asus-r500a-laptop-1167065.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok here goes specs Asus A X-PRO GTX series EVGA Kingston SSD boot WD TB WD AMD A - K Gigs Gskill x F CL - GBRL W bit Pro Embedded Cool Max Bronze Bios To be frank this unit screams either on normal or extreme in bios all settings are set Asus A88X-PRO mobo issue to automatic except fans I have them on Turbo Issues Bios only reports gigs of ram BUT shows sticks gigs each In the windows environment it shows gigs only available ALL up dates are installed When I install a program and it says restart from the desktop I hit that and the machine goes into re-boot mode and stalls at code I O loading If I hit the reset button the machine starts fine The unit had an issue with seeing the TB Asus A88X-PRO mobo issue drive but I fixed that Upon installation of the OS the unit would not format the SSD normally ergo making the typical Mb or so partition Asus A88X-PRO mobo issue and also reported windows could not be installed on that drive HMMPf brand new drive and formatted on another computer for grins Just for the heck of it I hit install anyways lol and in fact it did Note for reasons unknown to me my Official w disks and would NOT validate after install and gave the same grief as noted above with the SSD and I have valid serials hence the embedded not an issue for me personally I have the usual Dual Layer DVD drive etc I did use the mem ok button no change Also I have NO extra software installed ergo office blah blah just the start button mod all above issues were present prior I have set max memory in MSCONFIG back and forth also funny thing is that it wont load all drivers and services no matter what I do always selective boot Also all sticks pass mem test hour in this unit and other comps running the same OS Thanx guys gals nbsp

A:Asus A88X-PRO mobo issue

Is your processor campatible with 64 bit Windows? It sounds like it's running as 32 bit. The SSD is probably formatted as a GPT disk and needs to be converted to an MBR disk. If nobodyhelps you with that tonight, I'll walk you through that tomorrow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a88x-pro-mobo-issue.1154906/
Relevancy 43.43%

Okay it seems like I have come across a problem that many other ASUS motherboard owners have had First my system specs ASUS P C Deluxe motherboard Intel P with Mhz FSB Mb x PC- DDR RAM Gb Western Digital RPM with meg cache Radeon Microsoft XP Pro When Issue P4C800 Motherboard ASUS booting up I recieve the error message quot overclocking failed quot and the computer won t restart even ASUS P4C800 Motherboard Issue though I never overclocked the comp at all If I use the quot default quot settings and continue to load windows it sets the clock speed to Mhz where it should be Mhz I went into the BIOS and changed the clock speed to and sure enough the problem came back I ve been able to get it to and it s fine but any higher and the error message comes back It s really a pain to have a running at when it could easily run at or with some overclocking especially with the Mhz FSB I ve looked on ASUS s site and it s pretty useless and the manual doesn t really help so some input would be really useful Thanks nbsp

A:ASUS P4C800 Motherboard Issue

Question.
Did you had a chance to try booting with only one stick of RAM at the time and see if you're able to load windows that way ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p4c800-motherboard-issue.144948/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I've started a new build. Got all the components, built it but when I start it up the DRAM and CPU Red LEDs start flashing, does not post and then turned off after about 10 secs.

I checked the RAM, connections, made sure the heatsink and everything was fine. I then reset the CMOS and tried again. This time only the CPU LED flashed once, and then again as the PC turned itself off, still with no post.

Components are:

Asus P7P55D Motherboard
Intel i5 661 (3.33GHz)
4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz
ATI Radeon HD 5850 GPU
850w PSU

Anyone have any ideas to what might be the problem, or could it just be a faulty MoBo/CPU?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 43.43%

Well here goes- I just upgraded my computer here are the specs Asus P T mobo Gig P mb rdram asus v pure video card and sb live xgamer The sound card is from previous setup The Problem After a fresh install of windows me I get no sound In control panel sounds multimedia I try and play a sound and get a message that says the file wav is damaged or no compression tool available After going through all the troubleshooting Microsoft and Creative have Win P4T, Sound/Chipset ME, Asus issue to offer everything checks ok I then put the Hard drive video and sound card back on old epox K XA board and reformatted and reinstalled win me and everything worked fine Then I put hard Asus P4T, Win ME, Sound/Chipset issue drive etc back onto asus board and the error message returned There is no onboard audio on the mobo How could the mobo be messing with wav or other sound playback If I try to play a midi or media player file I get the blue screen with the following error message EMU K BJFB ERROR OE C C B Is this a memory allocation issue please help Thanks Marshal nbsp

A:Asus P4T, Win ME, Sound/Chipset issue

As Asus doesn't have drivers listed for this mobo, here is the page where you can ask them what is happening with their mainboard. Seems like a compatibility problem. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p4t-win-me-sound-chipset-issue.52457/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys im really not sure what to do about this Im not even really sure whats causing it ive recently put a rig together about weeks ago and have been having constant system freezes My system has frozen playing Crysis usually around an hour into play somtimes sooner somtimes later It freezes almost every time i run Convertxtodvd encoding my videos into pal format It has frozen while watching movies off my harddrive and it has frozen twice while just surfing the net while downloading Here is my setup EVGA GX quot Superclocked quot edition gpu Q cpu ASUS Striker II extreme i ultra SLI akasa powermax W Striker issue? Freezing help II Asus psu zalman cpu cooler gb seagate barracuda HDD sata Vista bit OCX MHz DDR platinum x gb RAM Asus Striker II issue? Freezing help I have tried using the drivers that came with the mobo and gpu I have tried wiping my hdd and then using normal vista drivers Then tried using the drivers Asus Striker II issue? Freezing help off nvidia website The driver updates from nvidia seem to make the freezes less frequent my comp froze while downloading them doh I have also tried using XP My temps dont seem high I have ran memtest on each of the pieces of ram and they both passed runs Im not overclocking and havent done since ive had the rig Everything is on auto Not really sure what to do apart from feeling like yelling at ASUS but im not even sure whats wrong with it I have just updated my BIOS and then continued to load convertxtodvd It crashed within a minute Any help would be much appreciated Thx nbsp

A:Asus Striker II issue? Freezing help

Is this your first build?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-ii-issue-freezing-help.105841/
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys got one for you This particular motherboard has two SATA controllers both with apparant RAIDability The first controller is the nVidia RAID controller which has SATA ports I have a striped set of GB SATA drives on his controller and this is where my ASUS controller A8N32-SLI issue RAID operating system is installed There is also a SiI RAID controller but it seems kind of ASUS A8N32-SLI RAID controller issue pointless as a ASUS A8N32-SLI RAID controller issue RAID controller because there is really only one internal SATA port assigned to it there is a nd port that lives on the motherboard outpanel where the keyboard mouse ports are -- this is ASUS A8N32-SLI RAID controller issue probably on that controller as well You can set the SiI controller to SATA or RAID mode I have it set on SATA mode Anyway I have a GB SATA drive attatched to this internal port When the machine boots the SiI controller sees the GB and the nVidia controller sees the RAID array But for whatever reason I cannot boot my machine with my GB drive attatched to this SiI controller I can t attatch it to the nVidia controller because that s set up specifically for RAID configurations This wasn t an issue until I recently upgraded my BIOS to the latest one another long story Here is the error Couldn t open drive multi disk rdisk partition NTLDR Couldn t open drive multi disk rdisk partition If I hit a button the machine restarts At first I couldn t even reinstall Windows I probably didn t even need to reinstall it It saw the healthy array but wouldn t boot I probably just needed to unplugg the drive on the SiI controller When I would get the quot Press any key to boot from CD quot I would get an NTLDR error right under quot Windows is inspecting your current hardware configuration quot What s happening This used to work nbsp

A:ASUS A8N32-SLI RAID controller issue

I just tried a brand new 250GB drive, and I got the exact some thing. So it has nothing to do with the content of the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a8n32-sli-raid-controller-issue.477610/
Relevancy 43%

My Asus F83Se laptop keyboard is having some problem and I can't figure out how to fix it.
The left arrow key is not working, while multiple other keys works but with additional 'left arrow key kept being pressed' problem.. For example, if I press z key button, z will be shown on screen but the cursor kept going left repeatedly.. and it won't stop until i press other normal functioning keys

keys with this problem: z x h j , . and up arrow

Keyboard wasn't spilled with any liquid..

Need help on this issue

A:Asus F83Se laptop keyboard issue

How to Reset a Keyboard

Bring up the keyboard settings dialog box. Double-click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop. Click the "Change a Setting" choice in the left column. In the window that appears, double-click the "Keyboard" icon. This dialog box handles all settings for your current keyboard. Another path to the control panel is to click the "Start" button at the bottom left of the screen. Roll the mouse pointer up to "Settings" and click "Control Panel."

Reset the character repeat settings. The speed of character repeat and the delay before repeating starts is adjustable with sliding level indicators. Click on the adjuster and hold your finger on the mouse button to drag the adjustment left or right.

Change the cursor blink rate. A faster blink helps to locate the cursor while moving it with the arrow keys. Change the blink rate by dragging the slide to the left or right for slower or faster.

Enable the keyboard to accommodate one-handed typing or foreign languages. Click on the "Input Locales" tab near the top of the dialog box. Click the "Add" button for choices of available languages. Click the "Properties" button for choices to include Dr. Dvorak?s keyboard layouts for two-handed typing or single-handed typing with either hand.

Identify and correct keyboard malfunctions. Click the "Hardware" tab on the dialog box. The current keyboard will be listed under devices. The functioning status of the keyboard is displayed, and a troubleshoot button is active for use anytime. Make a first attempt to resolve keyboard problems by clicking this button.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-f83se-laptop-keyboard-issue.165803/
Relevancy 43%

Warning: Stupidity follows

In attempting to unsolder the old DC Jack (which I have not yet been able to do) I broke off a small piece of the motherboard where it was attached. It's pictured below (just to the right and down from the tip of my thumb). Is this fixable, or will I need to replace the motherboard?

Thanks

A:DC Jack/Motherboard issue on ASUS A53SD

If there's any tracings (circuit lines) on that part, the board is toast. Most MBs have two or more circuit layers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/337421-dc-jack-motherboard-issue-asus-a53sd.html
Relevancy 43%

I dont know if this is the right area to post this request but im sure ill be directed to the right spot but in the mean time

I bought a new asus A9250 video card and its being a [email protected]*ing pain everytime i install the drivers that are for the card it crashes just as the logon screen comes on its working with the microsoft 9200 family and microsoft 9200 sec family drivers but the card isnt working properly when i drag the windows around they move so slowly i cant play even the most basic games can anyone please help me

A:Hi Every one Asus A9250 video card issue

Have you talked to Asus tech support. It is under warranty. Right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hi-every-one-asus-a9250-video-card-issue.75628/
Relevancy 43%

Alright well I was at my bestbuy because I have been doing SERIOUS Shopping for a great gaming laptop I went ahead and bought a Dell Inspiron ASUS G73 Laptop Issue? Kinda ticked. R Intel i Turbo Boost from Ghz to ghz Intel GMA HD GB DDR RAM etc etc Well it is currently still at my house waiting to be returned tomorrow But I bought a new laptop today ASUS G -RBBX Intel i running Ghz Turbo Laptop Issue? Kinda ticked. ASUS G73 boost Ghz ATI Radeon Mobile HD Graphics GB DDR RAM etc etc Now I turned the damn thing on Which was pre-loaded with geek squads crap and a backup disc set And it was actually pretty slow I mean i went in and Laptop Issue? Kinda ticked. ASUS G73 got rid of some of the crap but i mean it was Laptop Issue? Kinda ticked. ASUS G73 pretty slowish for an i Laggy on firefox and all I did a restart and all worked decently I can play Crysis on Max But the bulkyness of this laptop has turned me off quite a bit Basically everything has And to top it off it just froze when I closed out of Crysis and went to click something else seconds later I had to do a hard reset Now question is IF I take my Windows Home Premium upgrade disc that I use for my desktop Use the -Bit disc could I use the OEM Sticker and just do a fresh Windows Install To eliminate any of the possible crap Geek squad did OR Whatever the case Should I just stick to the Dell nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I think im going mad, I recently build a new system including an asus P5B motherboard and a 6600 core 2 duo processor. The trouble is I cant get my NEC 3520 dvd-rw to burn a dvd. I've seen loads of reference on the net to people having similar problems. I've updated the drivers so my ODD dosnt show as a scsi device. I've updated the bios and I still cant burn a dvd with a variety or burning softwares. It would seem it has something to do with the jmicron drivers
Can anybody please help me at all?

Relevancy 43%

Hi all,
I've just brought an Nvidia Asus N7600GS AGP 256Mb card for my machine.

The Nvidia sentinel pops up periodicly and tells me that I need to attach a supplemental power supply to the card in order for the system not to be damaged and for it to work properly.
Can anybody give me an idea where to start, as this is my first major Graphics upgrade in 2 years, and one which it seems requires a little electrical knowhow.

Machine specs

E-machines 590/790
P4 2.66Ghz Cpu
1 GB Ram
Nvidia Asus N7600GS AGP 256Mb graphics card.
Power supply?

Thanks much

Relevancy 43%

Ok here is my issue ( screenshot is provided )

My board has BT Go on it as standard and even though all is installed and i can pair my devices to my pc ( phone )

I am unable to send or receive files to and from the pc to any paired device.

Now Asus website shows NO support for the bluetooth for windows 8.1 for my board as yet but does for windows 8.

I even have to use an older chipset driver suite due to several device manager issues with the newer ones.

Anyone have any solution / help as to what i can do for this to be able to help me use the bluetooth function as it should work?

Thankyou in advance.

A:Windows 8.1 64 Bit Bluetooth Issue Asus P9X79 Pro

Anyone able to help shed any light on this ?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42010-windows-8-1-64-bit-bluetooth-issue-asus-p9x79-pro.html
Relevancy 43%

Funny, never really know how to open questions. A simple hello and hope you can help is lame but the only thing that comes to mind.

I have an Asus K40IN laptop and a Akai 50" plasma TV that I have hooked it to (PDP5073TMC).

The plasma is recognized by Windows 7 as a non wide screen monitor. I have been trying to get it to recognize the fact that it is wide screen but it only gives me non wide screen resolutions. It has really been driving me mad.

I have an email sent to Akai to see if they have drivers for Windows 7 that will display wide screen but I am not holding my breath (after a month I have emailed them again). I have tried the god mode to resolve the issue but it keeps reverting to that resolution.

Any ideas?

D

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k40-and-akai-50-plasma-issue.915997/
Relevancy 43%

Hi

I made an upgrade from windows 7 to 8 pro but whats happens is that my FN keys are working with a big delay like i increase or decrease my volume or brightness and it takes like 30 seconds to take action , i installed the ATK driver from asus support but now i have the windows 8 and the asus FN display running at the same time and still with delay, can someone help me?. sorry for my english im from portugal...

Regrets

A:Asus K53sd Windows 8 FN keys Issue

i now what you are talking about, head on to asus and install new atki package dude. You can go for a laptop slightly newer and get win 8 drivers
ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS X55A

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/13827-asus-k53sd-windows-8-fn-keys-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I recently got this amazing p monitor for my custom rig and I love it Well most of it There is this problem with the backlight where when the monitor turns on after a while of inactivity the backlight turns on Monitor Backlight ASUS an with Issue VK-248h for a split second Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight then suddenly goes very dim Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight The brightness setting Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight is unchanged kept at a solid yet it s a quarter as bright as it should be I can go into the menu and change the brightness and I can tell faintly that it does adjust but never up to the proper level To remedy the issue I repeatedly turn the monitor off and on until the display finally lights up properly and it stays that way for the entire time I am using it At the start of the session in which I write this post I had to do this at least times before it worked so I finally decided to really look into this problem It seems this is a unique issue as I found absolutely no matching posts on the interwebs by searching with the all-mighty Google Search Is there anyone that can provide some insight as to why this occurs and or how to fix it Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

New theory: Bad capacitors... somewhere. Possibly power supply

After a day at work, observing some coworkers working on used LCD TVs (and working on one myself), I now understand quite a bit more about such things.

I had removed the display from my setup and left it on the floor for a few days. Today, I decided to try it again. The backlight started up perfectly fine, surprisingly. The ASUS screen showed for a couple seconds, then went off, as normal. Then, when it's supposed to activate the selected display input, it shows the screen for just long enough to get half a frame drawn, then goes completely black. Turning monitor off and on repeatedly, and trying different input methods, gave same result. I got it to work once, but at that time the backlight had gone too dim again.

I think now I might know how to fix it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to take the dang thing apart! Lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-an-asus-vk-248h-monitor-backlight.209650/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I've recently bought a G60vx laptop and installed a clean win7 32bit, all driver are up to date including nvidia display.
i'm using a second monitor and disabled/turned off laptop monitor as i won't be using it.
i did this in the control panel that changes resolution etc. nividia control panel confirms this too. the problem is when i'm dragging windows around on the screen, it's all a bit jumpy and leaves traces of the window as i'm dragging it... this also happens if i'm just using the laptop screen on it's own without the additional monitor.

I've come from using a desktop so is this something laptop users experience?

Thanks.

A:Asus G60VX Laptop display issue

in nvidia control panel try to put the quality all the way up in 3D settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-g60vx-laptop-display-issue.1024098/
Relevancy 43%

Hi All I'm editting this post as I think I need to get down to remedial instructions on how to install Driver Win8 with Video issue and Asus M2A-VM this new video card I'm running Windows on my pc using an Asus M A-VM motherboard I was Video Driver issue with Win8 and Asus M2A-VM using the onboard video card which uses the ati drivers that I finally got to work with Windows I'm trying to install an Asus Video Driver issue with Win8 and Asus M2A-VM HD card but Win will not boot with it installed It will get to the black screen with the blue windows logo and the black spinning dots but will hang there Also can't get into a safe boot with the card installed shift amp F I've tried the following steps so far Uninstalled the driver which leaves the Generic driver shut down the machine and installed the Card Win doesn't boot Tried to install the CCC driver for the before installing the card Windows says it already has the proper driver Installed card with the driver Win won't boot Checked bios with card installed shows PCIEx as primary display adapter Am I missing a step somewhere I've never had so much problems installing a video card before but this has got me beat Thanks in advance

A:Video Driver issue with Win8 and Asus M2A-VM

bumped as I editted the main post.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/23256-video-driver-issue-win8-asus-m2a-vm.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
I have an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and just today, i started to listen my music and the right channel started to go out, so i took out my headphones and plugged it in, and now there is no right channel sound. I checked everything and everything is exactly what it is supposed to be. Both the front and rear sound jacks and they both do the same thing! I ran windows update and updated the driver, but still nothing has changed. Any Ideas? (It also does this with system sounds)

Thank You

Info:
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
Windows XP Professional SP2
(i tried it with both Mercora Media Player and Windows Media Player 10)

Relevancy 43%

I have an asus a7n8x deluxe mother board with two ide hard drives and a sata hard drive that has my os on it, if I remove the ide drives the sys will not boot. when I plugged the ide hard drives in the sys booted up,.
Can anyone help me figure out how to boot with just the sata hard drive please?
os=xp sp3
cpu=socket a 462,barton 2500+
thank you very much for any help you give.

A:asus a7n8x deluxe sata issue

Have you checked the boot sequence in the BIOS? If those IDE drives are listed before the SATA drive try removing them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a7n8x-deluxe-sata-issue.901099/
Relevancy 43%

Every thing is installed properly.. when ever i play a movie on the system which ever player... after some time the screen goes black n after some time it returns to normal n i get a warning...

Display driver ##%$^$# crashed... it has been restored..

i am using VISTA

A:Asus M2N MX with GeForce 6100 Driver issue

Is the Gforce 6100 driver for on-board graphics or do you have a Gforce card installed? If it is on-board graphics, go to the Asus support website and download the latest Vista graphics driver for your motherboard from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-mx-with-geforce-6100-driver-issue.107480/
Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone My first post here and I hope I am following all the rules I just built Asus P6T II performance - Sata Deluxe issue a machine with P T Deluxe mobo i GB ocz ddr ram and nVidia Hybrid card Running Vista ultimate Ran PCMark x on it and Asus P6T Deluxe performance issue - Sata II the results were not impressive when they were compared with a similar machine In all cases HDD related scores were way lower than the competition Updated the BIOS checked BIOS settings set to Enhanced mode IDE Disabled SAS No Raid The system HDD is Seagate ST AS Still no change I have attached some sample scores below My scores on the left are ridiculously low in comparison to a similar configuration Any help that anyone can provide is greatly appreciated Thank you Bobby HDD - Windows Defender MB s MB s HDD - gaming MB s MB s HDD - importing pictures to Windows Photo Gallery MB s MB s HDD - Windows Vista startup MB s MB s HDD - video editing using Windows Movie Maker MB s MB s HDD - Windows Media Center MB s MB s HDD - adding music to Windows Media Player MB s MB s HDD - application loading MB s MB s nbsp

A:Asus P6T Deluxe performance issue - Sata II

what was your pcmark score. your hdd is ide? the numbers you posted are your transfer rates compared to others with similar systems?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p6t-deluxe-performance-issue-sata-ii.119897/
Relevancy 43%

I installed Windows 8.1 (64) with UEFI in my Asus X550L laptop (I refer this forum UEFI USB guide). After the installation I can see 4 partitions. Just like the tutorial mentioned. Once the Windows 8.1 installation completed I try to boot into the UEFI settings menu, but it boot into the BIOS.

In BIOS, when I select "Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device" it shows not found message.

What could be the reason and how to fix this matter?

A:Issue with Asus X550L UEFI settings

The EFI shell is something you don't normally have to invoke. It is probably not even set up to use.

The UEFI settings are accessed through the Bios. What exactly are you wanting to do with the UEFI settings?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/55335-issue-asus-x550l-uefi-settings.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey I just spent like grand building this comp right sweet as I might add A few issues im having one that is really frustrating me is I installed the Gigabit Ethernet ports only is working and visible in windows now I also have P5WD2-E networking ASUS issue. Onboard a laptop that is LAN with this PC that I require internet access on but because its a linux laptop I cant install my modem connect software on it I guess im asking if anyone has ASUS P5WD2-E Onboard networking issue. any ideas AT ALL about these network ports i mean the lights come on like activity my laptop can not find network i check in the view network connections in control panel and it has my internet port and the port but the ASUS P5WD2-E Onboard networking issue. nd network port is not visible I have installed it and it was fine for like days and bam just disappeared can someone tell me wtf is going on this board is only days old ASUS P WD -E Premium BIOS Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hello Asus A issue. Power4Gear Hybrid small I have an Asus Republic of Gamers series laptop the G VX to be specific It came with windows vista originally and a pre installed power management program called quot power gear hybrid quot it had a little feature I found rather nifty and that was the turbo mode and extreme turbo mode I formatted my hard drive and did a fresh install of windows to start fresh on a clean slate got all my programs drivers etc On the asus website I found my laptop and downloaded all of the drivers and everything for my soft touch keys and all of that good stuff everything is working normally except when I go into the power gear hybrid there is no longer the option for turbo mode or extreme turbo mode it is exactly as it was minus those two options Does anybody have any ideas on how I might be able to get the turbo mode and extreme turbo mode options back I mean it wasn t a huge performance booster but it would give me a few extra FPS at times when I really needed it Are there any alternative options I could use to achieve the same effect I know there are little overclocking programs out A small Asus Power4Gear Hybrid issue. there but I have not been able to find one compatible with my machine That aside I am a little uncomfortable attempting to overclock from BIOS even using an overclocking program I am a little iffy about it I am rather tech savvy it is mainly the idea of ruining a laptop A small Asus Power4Gear Hybrid issue. that i payed for that is keeping me from tinkering around with that Anyhow any ideas on how I might be able to fix my power gear hybrid or any suggestions of alternative programs I could use to give myself just a little boost time to time would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:A small Asus Power4Gear Hybrid issue.

That usually happens if the graphics driver isn't properly installed so try re-installing it (nVidia GeForce I believe).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-small-asus-power4gear-hybrid-issue.1078287/
Relevancy 43%

Have a II cooling NB issue Rampage Asus X58 Extreme, problem here with my Asus Rampage II Extreme X the NB temp is pending from to celsius And the PC auto shuts down at Temp on CPU Temp on SB Temp on MB Temp on NB I have all my fans on full now and I innstalled an extra to get the temp down to for now And I get these tempratures on startup in the BIOS And the Bios is sett to deafult settings So somthing is completly off here Any ide what to do PC spec Antec Twelve Hundred Corsair Powersupply W Black Asus Rampage II Extreme, X58 NB cooling issue ATX Bulk mm Fan xSATA SLI Asus Rampage II Extreme X Socket- DDR ATX SLI amp CrossFireX xPCI-Ex Corsair XMS DDR MHz GB CL x Kit Asus Rampage II Extreme, X58 NB cooling issue w x GB XMS modules CL - - - Intel Core i Quad Processor i - GT sec MB Boxed XFX GeForce GTX M GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express quot XXX quot xDVI HDMI HDCP Samsung SpinPoint F TB SATA x MB RPM Cooler Master V CPU Cooler Socket AM AM - dBA PWM VR nbsp

A:Asus Rampage II Extreme, X58 NB cooling issue

possibly a defective mobo. but check to make sure the NB sink is secure anyways

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-rampage-ii-extreme-x58-nb-cooling-issue.870505/