Windows Support Forum

Sudden overheating problem after six months - advice?

Q: Sudden overheating problem after six months - advice?

I have a Samsung RF510 laptop; really nice and plays games nicely, but as of yesterday I've had a problem.

Whenever -anything- that runs causing the fan to start roaring and the vents to get hot, the laptop will suddenly shut down after just 10 minutes. It could be games, I could be rendering a video in sony vegas, doesn't matter.

Thing is, the corner where the vents were would always get really hot on my laptop and this has never posed a problem before; only now it is suddenly shutting down. It's never done this before yesterday, and I mean never. Even a week straight of 5 hours of Borderlands on max settings every night never caused an issue.

Would blowing compressed air into the vents help? Is there a known issue (I did LOTS of searching all day, though it only found people with similar problems who haven't fixed them)? should I try something else completely?

I would appreciate any advice! I can provide additional specs if necessary.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sudden overheating problem after six months - advice?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sudden overheating problem after six months - advice?

Compressed air might help. Is this notebook on a flat surface when you use it? Try not to use these thing on bed covers and sheets.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-overheating-problem-after-six-months-advice.166292/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi guys, I have this PC with this spec:

RAM - 2x kingston 2GB DDR3
VGA - NVIDIA GeForce GTS250
MB - GIGABYTE S-SERIES GA-P41T-ES3G
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
PSU - SimCool 430W

My problem is that my PC starts to give me sudden shut down problem. no warning, no nothing, just shut down like when we pull the power plug.

I went to the shop where I bought this PC to check for any hard drive error, and they said nothing is wrong with it. they gave me a new power cable, the PC lasted for a 1 or 2 days without the problem.

And then now it started to give me this problem all over again.

Any comments or speculation on where the problem is?
anything i need to know to fix this?

Thanks for the help guys =)

A:Sudden shut down problem after not being turned on for 2 months

It could be any number of issues. What are your system temperatures? Sudden shut-downs can be caused by an overheating CPU.

Use HWMonitor to check your temps. If they're under control then it may be a problem with the PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-shut-down-problem-after-not-being-turned-on-for-2-months.150754/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you can help on my problem, I have tried doing the suggestions on most of the threads here but i still get the 0x124 error. I have tried and passed memtest86+ and prime95 as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have also attached the files as instructed on BSOD - Posting Instructions.

Windows 7 Ultimate
- x86 (32-bit)
- the original installed OS on the system was Windows XP (formatted during installation of Windows 7
- full retail version
- 5 year old system after 3 months
- OS was installed 3 months ago

A:BSOD all of a sudden after 3 months after installing Windows 7, 0x124

System Age:
Code:
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0306, 9/5/2007
Due to the system's age, first make sure that hardware is compatible with Windows 7: Windows 7 Compatibility: Software Programs & Hardware Devices: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads -> Download and run the Windows 7 upgrade advisor.
Device Concerns:
Code:
MpKsl4fa04efa ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSL4FA04EFA\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
It appears you have an issue with the Microsoft Security Essentials installation.
Software Concerns:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Driver Detective
We do not recommend automated driver update software. It often finds drivers for devices similar to but not exactly the same as the hardware actually on the system. This can lead to conflicts and blue screen crashes. If you need help finding driver updates for a certain device, please start a thread in Drivers - Windows 7 Forums instead of using software. Driver updates are not always necessary and some updates can actually decrease system stability rather than increase it, so it is usually better not to update unless a device or its driver is causing problems with the system. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Analysis:BugCheck 0x116
This crash is DirectX/graphics card related. DirectX comes installed with Windows, so this may indicate Windows corruption. It may also be that you have corrupted drivers or a graphics card hardware problem.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.
Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For NVIDIA:Uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (this should uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers)
Restart your computer
Make sure NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver, and NVIDIA PhysX System Software are not still listed under Uninstall a program through Control Panel
If any remain of the above, uninstall one at a time
If asked to restart after uninstalling any of the above, do so, and continue uninstalling any remaining NVIDIA items until all are removed

For AMD:Uninstall AMD Catalyst Install Manager if it is listed (this should remove all AMD graphics software and drivers)
If AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed, use the following method to uninstall the graphics drivers (this applies to onboard graphics, as well):Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all d... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240180-bsod-all-sudden-after-3-months-after-installing-windows-7-0x124.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Howdy all! I was here in the past a while ago with getting semi-frequent BSODs on boot after the splash and login screen. The issue I found was a loose power connector. I snugged it in place, and then my system is fine for many months (maybe four or five). Now this morning, I had quite a few BSODs after the splash screen and logging onto my computer. I was finally able to get a successful boot after many attempts. I checked power connections, tried to make the connections secure, yet still got BSODs. Dump is attached. You guys are awesome. Thanks!
***STOP: 0x000000F4

A:Months of system being fine, sudden multiple BSODs this morning

EDIT: Here is the stop code:

***STOP: 0x000000F4

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272226-months-system-being-fine-sudden-multiple-bsods-morning.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I m quite new to this forum so I m not sure if this post is meant to be here or not My laptop GPU just suddenly started overheating randomly On startup my GPU temperature is about degrees Celcius and in games the temperature goes Sudden overheating up to about degrees but my CPU is always cool around degrees and Sudden overheating goes up to while in game This happened in the past but it suddenly stopped and I reformatted my laptop When i first turn on the computer the temperature Sudden overheating is degrees and when I open a game it goes up to straight away and quickly rises to When Sudden overheating i close or alt tab the game it drops staright away I have made sure the fans are working and dust free and the air flow is good It isn t a driver issue because it ran Call of Duy Modern Warfare on default graphics well and lag free I have updated my drivers to latest version but for some reason when i try a clean install the screen just goes black until i restart Thank you for helping nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

i just built this computer about 2 and a half months ago and all has been well. ive been playing games like half-life2 and oblivion and everything was fine. then a few days ago i bought vanguard and i was playing it for 2-3 hours straight yesterday and the day before and everything was fine but then all of a sudden today i was playing for about a half an hour and my computer just shut down and made the beep code for cpu overheating. anyone have any suggestions as to why it can go from all is well to cpu overheating in one day?

A:CPU is overheating all of a sudden

We're going to need some sort of PC specs/info to help.

Taking a wild stab in the dark and completely guessing- I'd guess it might be a Socket 775/Intel based cpu. If so, make sure the four(4) cpu screws didn't simply come loose or settle outwards. This happens sometimes and causes the heatsink to come loose a bit so it's no longer making good contact with the CPU.

Crank them puppies back down as one may simply be loose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-is-overheating-all-of-a-sudden.69091/
Relevancy 59.34%

So my laptop (Acer Aspire 5942g i7 model) has been working fine up till today.
Today it has suddenly started to overheat and cut out, this has been getting really annoying so far, the core temps won't go below 70 on a power saving plan, and when on high performance will even reach 90, which is not healthy at all. What do you think could have caused this? I mean, it's just so sudden that It's quite surprising that something like this would happen, I mean, nothing has changed for the laptop. I mean the weather in the UK is a little warm, but it's the UK, so it's nothing major, 17 degrees C, however the humidity is at 90%, which leads me to worry, but it can't all be that can it?

Thanks, G

A:Incredibly sudden overheating

Try and blow out the heatsink with a can of air...but hold the fan still when you do it

Could be dust build up or maybe the fan has a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incredibly-sudden-overheating.1059052/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys i ve recently taken delivery of a new custom pc The specs are case lian li to overheating? Any shutdown sudden for due suggestions cooling water-cooling of cpu gpu and northbridge cpu quadcore intel core extreme qx overclocked to mhz x m board asus p k premium wifi-ap black pearl edition chipset intel bearlake p Any suggestions for sudden shutdown due to overheating? psu hiper hpu- m watts ram gb crucial ballistix mhz ddr ram reported as x gb ddr - ddr sdram - - - mhz - - - mhz gfx bfg overclocked nvidia geforce mb gtx hdd x wd raptor gb sata in a raid configuration sound creative sb x-fi xtreme audio sound card os windows vista home premium bios version american megatrends i ve had one or two problems with the computer but most notably i had an issue with the cpu apparently overheating I turned on the computer first thing in the morning so it had been off all night and i d barely logged into windows when it just shut down without warning I tried again and it happened before i got as far as windows so i rebooted and quickly went into the bios to see what the hardware monitor was telling me It showed the cpu temperature as c which was rather alarming i presume it would ve gone higher but was limited to degrees i removed the sides of the case and had a look inside not sure what i was hoping to find really but it seemed the sensible thing to do Anyway after having a look around and giving a general prod of this and that tell me if i m getting too technical for you i decided to boot it up again to see what would happen this time It then started up fine with the cpu temperature in the high s low s Very odd It was fine for most of the day and then it did it again about hours later That was over a day ago and hasn t re-occurred since but i m still pretty worried about it I ve invested in various temperature monitoring tools namely everest ultimate sensorsview and coretemp as i m paranoid it ll fry I ve run a couple of stress tests and the maximum cpu temperature was a little under c I ve set the alarm threshold at within sensorsview as i want to shut things down before they get really hot A few days ago i changed over the supplied psu to the one referred to above as the original one was making an annoying high-pitched buzzing sound which was going through my head and driving me nuts i d never changed a psu before the limit of my experience is upgrading installing ram graphics cards sound cards etc so my first concern was that i d made a mistake in connecting things up It certainly doesn t look half as tidy inside now as i don t have any of those cable-tidy things but i m reasonably confident i ve done it ok So after all this waffle here are my questions having read stuff on the internet i gather cpus can get very hot very quickly but that seemed super-fast and if it was really that hot would it have cooled down so quickly have you heard of temperature sensors having intermittent faults assuming it is getting very hot could it be a dodgy water pump perhaps would the lack of pumping cause such rapid overheating the case felt pretty cool inside when i opened it up Any other intermittent faults you can think of Any other ideas or suggestions nbsp

A:Any suggestions for sudden shutdown due to overheating?

Your assumption is correct. 100 celsius is too high.
Something has to be wrong with your watercooler, heat sink, or you have no thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-suggestions-for-sudden-shutdown-due-to-overheating.98817/
Relevancy 58.05%

I bought this Gateway M h last year and regretted the decision ever since FYI The problems sudden Overheating; place the all over shutdown; warranty has expired days Overheating; sudden shutdown; problems all over the place ago at the time of this post ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ First off I found that my ACPI Temperature always C Well not always sometimes it appears to be working fine however most of the time it is at C This cause the fan to be extremely loud You can also see the idle temperature with this photo ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ A couple weeks ago the computer has started randomly shutdown with out any warning at all most of the time when it s idling It s as if the power got disconnect from the machine although the battery and AC adapters are all plugged in properly ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ This computer also suffers overheating While gaming video encoding watching Flash HD the temperature becomes something like this and the CPU underclocks automatically I have found a similar thread on the internet claiming that of the GPU is not covered by thermal compound http forum notebookreview com showthread php t I ve decided to buy some thermal compound and reapply it to both the CPU and GPU hoping it would solve the problem ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Also you can see from above my battery has only of the designed charge giving me appr hours of power without an AC adapter While this computer was in warranty Gateway support denials responsibility claiming that the random shutdown is caused by Windows and they do not provide free support if I upgrade my O S Further more when I reinstalled Vista they told me to quot go into BIOS wait for minutes and if the computer didn t shutdown randomly as you described reinstall your operating system quot I would still have to live with this computer for at least month possibly for more than another year I m hoping that I can get some help here Thanks in advanced Edit I also get a lot of conflicting result for my GPU clock speed Some tools say i have MHz MHz GPU clock RAM clock some say I have Mhz Mhz nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I've recently upgraded my computer, here's the current spec:

CPU : Intel Core2Duo E6850 3.0GHz

Motherboard : Intel Classic Series DG31PR

RAM : Kingston 2GB 667MHz

HDD : 160GB

Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

PSU : 450W

Everything's fine except when I play games like NeverwinterNights 2 and Half-Life 2: Lost Coast. The computer suddenly hangs and the screen blanks out after about 5-6 minutes everytime I play those games. The computer cannot reset, I have to manually turn off the power and turn on again to restart. What is the problem? My friend says it could be overheating. My idle computer temperature is around 66-69C. Is this normal? If not, what should I do?

Thanks

A:Sudden crashes while playing games...overheating?

I think the temp is too high and while you play games it will raise. did you also upgrade the cpu fan? Idle temp for intels should be 40 to 45 C.
check heat transfer paste, fan, maybe the psu gets too hot and warms up the whole desktop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-crashes-while-playing-games-overheating.96768/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys hope some of you can help me First my specs I k Msi z a-g Msi twin frozr gtx Asus xonar dgx x gb corsair vengeance mhz cl ram x ocz gb ssd x gb Samsung hdd Cooler master rs -pcaae psu Windows ultimate bit This morning I went to turn only pc it started up for about seconds with a message on the screen quot operating system missing quot Then it reset over and over and over again It starts up for less than a second the fans just start to spin up and it resets and repeats this pattern indefinitely Normally I wouldn't know where to start except this is the second time it has happened to me About months ago I had the same problem the mobo I had the was the msi p a- can't remember exactly which one it was but it preceded the one I - 6 months in blown please advice any guru's? mobos 2 have now it was the same except it was p chipset anyway as I didn't have any spare parts at home I took it to my local 2 blown mobos in 6 months - any advice please guru's? pc store and they helped me by testing all the components I did test the 2 blown mobos in 6 months - any advice please guru's? psu myself using the paper clip method and a dmm and it turned out to be the mobo They sent it for replacement under warranty but I couldn't wait so I purchased the newer z model Fast forward to this morning and it's happening again I mean I've got guild wars to play Psu seems to be working after paperclip test My question to you guys is is this normal motherboards in less than months Could my psu somehow be blowing my motherboards Is that possible I'm probably going to have to replace the mobo should I just replace the psu same time Has anyone else had a problem like this and have a solution to offer Thanks guys any help or advice will be greatly appreciated Ps No overclocking whatsoever

A:2 blown mobos in 6 months - any advice please guru's?

Hi brentxlee
My question to you guys is, is this normal?? No not normal unless you are thrashing the daylights out of the unit.
2 motherboards in less than 6 months?
Could my psu somehow be blowing my motherboards? Is that possible? Yes it is possible, do you see any burn marks anywhere, sometimes MOSFETS blow up near the CPU.
I'm probably going to have to replace the mobo, should I just replace the psu same time? Has anyone else had a problem like this, and have a solution to offer?
If it were me I would replace the power supply just in case it has a weird problem, you could probably use it in an older system where it would not get pushed so hard. Get a more powerful one say 750W. I would also consider another vendor for a motherboard just for peace of mind. Asus and Gigabyte are very highly rated. It is possible that the particular configuration you have is not as reliable as it should be.
Took a look at the PSU and MB on New Egg's reviews and they both have a fairly high failure rate.
I use Enermax but Corsair and Silverstone power supplies are well recommended. Time to choose different suppliers for your replacements. You could RMA them both as I assume they are both still under warranty?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269773-2-blown-mobos-6-months-any-advice-please-gurus.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone. My laptop(Asus K450JN, same as my system spec below) suddenly crashed today and there was no BSOD or any other error message. I wasn't playing games and there was no overheating. It happened just like a force shutdown(like someone pressing the power button and shutting it off), Note that my power button needs to be pressed(hold) for a few seconds if you want to shut it down.

I was running google chrome and firefox when it happened. To be more specific, I was using gitter, and learning javascript from codeacademy. Can anyone help me with this?

Update- I tried playing games for some time and thus increasing temperature, but there is no shutdown yet(at the time of writing)

A:Sudden crash, no BSOD, overheating or error messages,

Please make sure your battery is properly seated, reseat to make sure it is.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/71354-sudden-crash-no-bsod-overheating-error-messages.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi i recently built my own computer It has one case fan some please! advice overheating Need and only the past days ive been hearing this loud noise coming from my computer so i thought id just give it a clean even tho its like months old anyways i went to touch the graphics card and it was so hot it nearly burnt my finger and i touched the ram and they were hotter then usual aswell also you guys will probably give me sh t but i had my computer on carpet and only yesterday i remembered you shouldnt have computers on carpet due to so must dust so Need some overheating advice please! ive put Need some overheating advice please! it on my desk so there Need some overheating advice please! is alot more air flow but the graphics card still gets hot but i dont think as much as it used to so should i get another fan Like everything in the case is a bit cramped and im not even sure where to install another fan nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-some-overheating-advice-please.1156670/
Relevancy 55.47%

Dear TSG,
My GPU is overheating when I play intensive PC games, causing the computer to crash and shut itself down.
It's an ATI HD 4870. My understanding is that they do run hot but within 5 minutes of running high-end games (Olympics 2012, Sonic Generations) the temperature reported is over 100 degrees with 100% fan usage. Playing for another 5 minutes leads the PC to shut itself down. The idle temperature is around 85 degrees, and this is with the case open!

How do I go about getting this temperature down so I can play new games? I don't want to replace the graphics card as it was quite pricy and they're must be another way??

Any help would be appreciated,
me10

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi new to the forum hello everyone ok i just bought a cpu which have a spec like this Gigabyte S series GA-MA GM-S H AMD Athlon X gb kington ram i think coolermaster extreme overheating or Need advice with help average casing The temperature when the com is idle or doing some surfing is about to which is fine but the problem starts when i open programs like games The temperature then will shoot up to about degree and then shut down It originally have a fan as an exhuast at the back the psu fan and Need help or advice with extreme overheating the stock heat sink and stock heat sink fan I thought more fans would lower down the temperature of the cpu so i went to drill holes on the side window i add a blowing in fan slightly below the cpu a blowing in fan from in front and change the fan blowing out to a stronger fan old one was rpm i changed rpm and thinking it will work i open the game and guess wat the temperature didn t even have a noticable change in the speed where by it gain its temperature I didn t change the heatsink and heat sink fan rpm Can anyone advice me on wat is the problem here Many many thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need help or advice with extreme overheating

Case fans rarely help. There are many studies that show only 1 to 3 degrees difference in the temperature at the CPU.
Your problem likely relates to either too much or too little thermal paste, combined with a lousy stock CPU fan. I would immediately replace it with a Zalman or better CPU fan, being careful of the huge ones. Many will not fit in cases not designed for them. Replace the heat sink and the fan by getting a combo unit. Then remember that you need just barely enough thermal paste to ensure full contact between the heatsink and the CPU. More than the minimum can actually have the effect of an insulator.
Your Athlon 64 X2 4600+ runs very hot normally, so extra precautions are in order.
You might also want to purchase a thermal temperature gun to double-check the temperature reading devices on your computer. Of course the shutdown tells you the problem is severe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-or-advice-with-extreme-overheating.103682/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a AMD Althon 64 3200 with a NVIDIA 5950 Ultra card in a Visionman Gaming case running XP SP2. There are 3 case fans plus the CPU & GPU fans - all running. The case has 4 vents in and 3 blowing air out. All vid. & bios drivers are updated.

Running BF2 it will run until the lcd temp display on the front shows 120F then shuts down BF2 and returns to Winblows desktop.

I need advice where to look to fix this. The fans all run, room temp is ~80F, lots of air flowing in and out. Are there settings on the vid. card or in the BIOS I can change to make this stop happening?

A:Need advice - Althon & Nvidia overheating

In your bios you should have the ability to turn off automatic shutdown. However if it is acutally running that hot I would not suggest it. Also get another program that monitors the tempature and see if the current thing you have monitoring them is correct.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-althon-nvidia-overheating.40963/
Relevancy 53.75%

We have a Xerox DocuPrint P1202 laser printer at our church. When we print contribution statments, the printer would get very hot. The print job is about 450 pages long.
The printer finally quit printing a few days ago, probably from getting too hot.

My question is: how do I choose a laser printer that will print 500 pages at a time without overheating?

A:[Advice Offered] Laser Printer overheating

I work in a print shop, and 500 A4 in one go will over heat your printer, have you checked to see if dust is clogging the fan , and that you have a good breeze of air coming out?, why not print them in batches of 50 or so, to let it cool down a bit. Most printers have a maximum expected print run per day, read the small print at the point of sale..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-laser-printer-overheating.64395/
Relevancy 53.75%

Half a year ago I started having issues with my PC The screen started to freeze frequently all pointing to that the video card was overheating Eventually the card was in such bad shape that I had to replace it Since I ve had the PC for quite some time I didn t grant it too much thought I then bought the card again which by the way is a Ati Sapphire Pro to replace the in of Video of defected need because overheating advice Card fan, old The first days it worked as it should but then Video Card overheating because of defected fan, in need of advice the former freezes started to reoccur I finally noticed that the fan of the card had given up I expect that this also interfered with the old card What could have caused this to happen I couldn t find anything negative mentioned about the card s fan while informing myself about it I m going to replace the fan so I would appreciate if anyone here could advice to a more resistant Video Card overheating because of defected fan, in need of advice fan with a greater longevity Thanks in advance Sebastian Cassten nbsp

A:Video Card overheating because of defected fan, in need of advice

This can happen if your case insides are too dusty, causing dust to accumulate on the card and jam the fan, in which case you'd have to clean it out with a can of compressed air. Another cause would be the case itself not being ventilated properly, thus causing the internal ambient temperature to rise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-overheating-because-of-defected-fan-in-need-of-advice.102955/
Relevancy 50.74%

I update and save quite a few files each day, and I can see in File History that there are many saved versions for these files.
This would fill up my backup drive fairly quickly, and therefore, I need to reduce 'Keep saved versions' from the default of 'forever' to about 3 months.  But does this mean that all files older than 3 months will be deleted my File History backup?
 What happens to all my files that have only ever been saved once, but are older than 3 months?  Are these retained in File History or deleted?
The forums on File History do no make this very clear.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1ee47cf7-9e10-4e72-9721-e759cc4d2628/windows-8-file-historykeep-saved-versions-eg-3-months-does-this-mean-that-all-files-older-than-3?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Okay first of all I would like to say I have been having on going issues for months to almost a year I have tried everything I can think of Including wiping harddrives to DoD standards with dban gparted etc I have tried monitering my connections with wireshark I have tried several differet anti- virus and malware programs including paid version of kaspersky malwarebytes bitdefender eset This problem also has involved some black hat hackers compromising my system and bank account credit card etc all being hit and continueing to do so I have switched ISPs changed hardware thrown away devices including cell phones and laptops It seems that they were also backdoored into several of my devices and were using several different methods to continue to spread and infect other devices These devices include android iphone ipod ipad netbook laptop smart tv and even my dvd player java I have tried to ask for help and seek help for this and no one can figure it out or think this cant be real I have now thrown out all laptops going months of Spyware, hackers...equals months insane!! Malware, and help! And and all phones at the same time and started from scratch but having issues on a brand new laptop I am not sure this is the same issue as before However I would like and really appreciate if someone could help me out and view my logs and make sure because I have been through hell and back with all these issues Loss of finances time and sleep SO I truly appreciate any and all help Oh also the issues I was having with Malware, Spyware, And hackers...equals months and months of going insane!! help! my devices I noticed odd timing and occurances during bootup even before you can get into the bios or uefi I think it was a newer infection that paravirtualized my whole system and was active as soon as you turn the computer laptop or whatever device on It seems like wifi bluetooth and I am also going to suggest audio files were being used and utilized ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by M M A administrator on M M on - - Running from C Users M M A Downloads Loaded Profiles M M A Available Profiles M M A Platform Windows X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Safe Mode with Networking Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Mozilla Corporation D Mozilla firefox exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run NvBackend gt C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run ShadowPlay gt C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart HKLM Run egui gt C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe - - ESET HKLM-x Run ROGNB gt C Program Files x ASUS Gaming Mouse hid exe - - HKLM RunOnce GrpConv gt grpconv -o HKLM-x RunOnce GrpConv gt grpconv -o HKU S- - - - - - - Run SUPERAntiSpyware gt C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe - - SUPERAntiSpyware Startup C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Secunia PSI Tray lnk - - ShortcutTarget Secunia PSI Tray lnk - gt C Program Files x Secunia PSI psi tray exe Secunia Startup C Users M M A AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu... Read more

A:Malware, Spyware, And hackers...equals months and months of going insane!! help!

GMER 2.1.19357 - http://www.gmer.net
3rd party scan 2015-06-29 18:38:16
Windows 6.3.9600  x64 \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\00000036 HGST_HTS721075A9E630 rev.JB2OA3J0 698.64GB
Running: 11ybrc3o.exe; Driver: C:\Users\M4M8A\AppData\Local\Temp\kxldypow.sys
---- Modules - GMER 2.1 ----
Module   \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys (Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver - x64/Intel Corporation SIGNED)(2014-09-02 06:28:41)                                                fffff800f9c65000-fffff800f9f1b000 (2842624 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\edevmon.sys (Devmon monitor/ESET SIGNED)(2015-01-30 23:13:30)                                                                                          fffff800fa393000-fffff800fa3d2000 (258048 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\EpfwLWF.sys (Epfw NDIS LightWeight Filter/ESET SIGNED)(2015-01-30 23:13:30)                                                                            fffff800fb400000-fffff800fb40e000 (57344 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AiCharger.sys (ASUS Charger driver/ASUSTek Computer Inc. SIGNED)(2014-03-27 21:00:12)                                                                  fffff800fb7fa000-fffff800fb7fd000 (12288 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\TeeDriverx64.sys (Intel® Management Engine Interface/Intel Corporation SIGNED)(2014-11-21 01:03:12)                                                  fffff800fb3be000-fffff800fb3db000 (118784 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\AsusTP.sys (Asus TP Filter Driver(X64)/ASUS Corporation SIGNED)(2014-07-29 23:26:34)                                                                   fffff800fbc00000-fffff800fbc59000 (364544 bytes)
Module   \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iwdbus.sys (Intel® WiDi Solution/Intel Corporation SIGNED)(2014-08-01 20:25:47)                     ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581337/malware-spyware-and-hackersequals-months-and-months-of-going-insane-help/
Relevancy 47.3%

i am new to this forum so i dont know if this is the right catagorie but here is my whole story plz help This is a problem with my problem been for plz having help 2 months computer crashing when playin games ok i had a friend build me a custom made computer and he loaded windows ME on it I realized plz help been having problem for 2 months this OS was crap so i upgraded to windows XP at a friends lan This is where all the trouble began So i loaded my favorite game counter-strike on my new XP operating system and after minutes of plz help been having problem for 2 months playin it would crash wit an error note I tried and tried playing again but still had errors plz help been having problem for 2 months after - minutes of playing Next i decided to clear out XP and go to k pro still same crashing problem while playin games Next i went back to ME thinking all would be better if i went back to when it worked fine NO still same problem Then one day i bump computer and it shuts off and from then on my computer shuts off with even the slightest touch So i take it to the local computer store and the guy tells me the mobo wasnt properly screwed in and connected or something like that and says that this was probably the reason why my computer crashes while playing game ------- well it fixed the nudging and turning off problem but games still crash I Reformatted wit various OS s time and time and stil had problem So finally i thought well it could be a ram issue So a friend let me borrow a stick of pc mushkin ram YES YES it worked fine for whole days of use and wit long days of gaming i figured i have finally found the problem So i bought x stick of Kingston hyper x ram i also bought a second hard drive b c my old hard drive was only gb ok so hard drive and ram arrive on same day and i install both i start up a game and minutes into play my computer restarts without an error message juss completly restarts So i change the slot of my ram on the motherboard and that solved the restarting problem Now i start a game back up again and it juss crashes anywhere from - minutes sometimes i play a long time b a crash happens or repeats over and over minutes everytime i start up a game So i dont think its the ram anymore since the stuff i got is brand new but i dont know why my friends ram worked fine for days ALL this stuff has happend over a month period where i have been to local computer stores and worked hard on tryin to solve the problem but it never gets fixed If anyone knows wats wrong how to help or wat to do plz respond to this post or email me at email protected or IM me Scot nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I built my computer about years ago Here is the hardware Gigabyte GA-EG problem 3 every months. Same M-DS H motherboard Intel E Corsair GB x GB DDR MHz PC - XMS DHX Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL - - - x Samsung SpinPoint TB hard drives Running Windows in -bit Every three or months the computer quot dies quot At start up i get blue screen saying A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent Same problem every 3 months. damage to your computer A process or thread crucial to system operation has been unexpectedly exited or some other stuff about did i just install new hardware etc Technical information STOP x F x xFFFFFA XFFFFFA A XXFFFFF D FF Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk Same problem every 3 months. for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Over the last couple of years this has happened times What I did in the past Same problem every 3 months. was to re-install the operating system on a new blank hard drive and then copy over all the info from the previous hard drive That has worked fine which makes me believe this is not a problem with Windows but possibly a problem with the motherboard What i also find strange is that after installing the OS again things are fine for about of months then BSOD Are you able to tell me more about the error message the reason for this problem and how to solve it Many thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer Alex

A:Same problem every 3 months.

Can you please provide a JCGriff report as mentioned here? Thanks. That'll give us enough to feed on.

While waiting for us to analyze, you may also want to do some hardware tests in the meantime. Here's some options:

CPU: Prime95 (Torture Test; Large FFTs; 9+ hours)
RAM: Memtest86+ Run overnight (or at least 7 passes)
HD: Seatools (Short & Long Self Tests)
GPU: MemtestG80/CL

To add, you can turn on Driver Verifier. Any crashes produced while it is on have a much better chance pointing us at an offending driver (if it's caused by a driver).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/same-problem-every-3-months-578709.html
Relevancy 47.3%

The beginning of this year my laptop caught a virus. Trojan! and the moment i got rid of it all of my administrator privileges kinda stopped working. and this seems to apply to all files with exe. I have to always run as admin. but before i didnt have to right click and run as admin. if this makes sense. Ive followed the tutorial that "BRINK" has posted up. Id rather have my laptop back in its original state then going through all my programs and selecting all to run as Admin. My main account is Administrator. I have tried and googled as much information i can but nothing could HELP! ANYONE with a good and real Solution please HELP me out..

Thank You

A:ive been having the same problem for Months! Please HELP! S.o.S

Unless you at least tell us who made your laptop, it's very difficult to help you.

Use this link to find out your system specs, and then use the link in paragrah 5 to post them up so we know what we're dealing with.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/187131-ive-been-having-same-problem-months-please-help-s-o-s.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Helllo and Thanks in advance for taking a look PC Asus T -P ghz with gig ram Integrated Intel video Gig HDD w two equal partitions C D XP Pro with all latest security MS Updates Running two resident anti Virus Programs Avast Professional and Avira Personal Free Also run months few for PC with Struggling problem a RemoveIT pro Enterprise as a stand alone works great Also run A-Squared Free MS Malicious SW Remover AVG Anti-Root Kit and Win ASO v Trial which works great and CCleaner Also run Internet Properties regulary to complete delete IE temp Internet files Did have a serious virus that took some work to get out of my machine but I m afraid it left something behind and am at my wits end to find it clean it Want to have the HJT log looked at and maybe the answer here is to re-install windows XP I dunno just gettting unbeleivable slowness with the Performance indicator in Task manager generally spiked at to most of the time Wondering if it is worth trying to fix issue or just re-install and which method is best Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED Thanks Skullguy Here is HiJackTHis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv Struggling with PC problem for a few months inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Avast ashMaiSv exe C PROGRA Avast ashDisp exe C PROGRA LEXMAR ACMonitor X exe C PROGRA LEXMAR AcBtnMgr X exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor Struggling with PC problem for a few months exe C Program Files Spamihilator spamihilator exe C Program Files Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Struggling with PC problem for a few months http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - FD A - DF- E - - EE FDEAF - no file O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Button Monitor C PROGRA LEXMAR ACMonitor X exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Button Manager C PROGRA LEXMAR AcBtnMgr X exe O... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/struggling-with-pc-problem-for-a-few-months.737341/
Relevancy 46.87%

Please help me I have been battling with a problem with my PC for months now I am running XP Help months somebody? me for battling I've problem this now!! with been please SP I recently changed from a USB broadband modem to a Web Excel broadband router so that I can connect another PCs in a network at home At the same time I upgraded I've been battling with this problem for months now!! Help me please somebody? my all in one printer to a HP from a Lexmark Since then I have not been able to use my speakers unless I manually go into services and start it there It is set to start automatically and all the dependencies are starting OK My firewall is not starting up either and even trying to start it manually doesn t work When I set the router up initially I went through the network wizard and set up a second PC as a home network and it worked fine initially but now it doesn t I am tempted to wipe the lot and start again but I have so much stuff set-up on my PC that I can t afford to lose or I would have done it already Someone told me that you can reinstall windows without losing everything Is that possible I have done a lot of virus checks and it comes up clean I feel that it s more of a conflict between something that I have added but everything shows up in the device manager as working fine Can someone start the ball rolling with some suggestions as to what I can try I am tearing my hair out here Thanks in advance nbsp

A:I've been battling with this problem for months now!! Help me please somebody?

you can reinstall windows without lossing everything, boot from cd, hit enter, after it searches for previous versions hit r to repair the installation. make sure you have the product key before you begin. maybe someone else knows how to fix the problem without doing that though?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ive-been-battling-with-this-problem-for-months-now-help-me-please-somebody.433553/
Relevancy 46.01%

The USB keyboard becomes inoperative after 5-15 minutes of use...if you unplug it and plug it back in it works fine (again for a few minutes) we have tried sever KB's from different manufactures they all have the same problem. Have also tried various USB ports - that also makes no difference.   We are not using the wireless keyboard that came with the machine. ANY IDEAS ? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-Problem-HP-all-in-one-27-A050QD-3-4-months-ago/td-p/5807832
Relevancy 46.01%

My computer keeps crashing, 2-3 times a day. Usually it's when I'm streaming video.

I've attached the required jcgriff files. Please help!

PS - Could be relevant: I'm running an overclocked V3 gaming machine

A:months-long BSOD problem - please help!

Recommendations:BugCheck 0x116
These crashes are DirectX/graphics card related. DirectX comes installed with Windows, so this may indicate Windows corruption. It may also be that you have corrupted drivers or a graphics card hardware problem.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run a system file check to check Windows for corruption: Click Start Menu
Click All Programs
Click Accessories
Right click Command Prompt
Click Run as administrator
Type
Code:
sfc /scannow
and press Enter
Once it is complete, make note of the message. If it says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and post back
If the message does not say Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and do steps 1-6 again.
You may need to do steps 1-6 up to three times with a restart in between each run to resolve all corrupted files.
If you still have corrupted files after a fourth run, post back here with the following:Click Start Menu
Click Computer
Open your C: drive
Open Windows
Open Logs
Open CBS
Copy and paste CBS.log or CBS (it may not have the log extension) to a location you will remember.
Compress (zip) the CBS file and attach the .zip file to your next post.

Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For NVIDIA:Uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (this should uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers)
Restart your computer
Make sure NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver, and NVIDIA PhysX System Software are not still listed under Uninstall a program through Control Panel
If any remain of the above, uninstall one at a time
If asked to restart after uninstalling any of the above, do so, and continue uninstalling any remaining NVIDIA items until all are removed

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
Install the driver you selected for the display cards once Windows starts

Remember to try multiple versions of the graphics drivers, download them fresh, and install the freshly downloaded drivers.

Quote:

Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For 0x116 Video TDR Error crashes: A 0x116 TDR crash means the system sent a signal to the display card to refresh the video, and the display card did not respond. This may be due to a driver error or a hardware error with respect to the display card.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.

Run FurMark to test the display card for artifacts and temperature issues.FurMark
Run display device memory tests to check the display card for memory problems.Display device memory tests
Run Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.Test RAM with Memtest86+
Run Prime95 to test your CPU, RAM modules, and general hardware.Prime95 Hardware Stress Testing Steps

Outdated and Problema... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/months-long-bsod-problem-please-help-691274.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm actually having this problem for a long time December - I downloaded SketchUp and then a BSOD appeared after restarting my laptop But i can't find a way to fix it January - My dad has the installation disk so i did reinstalled windows and finally the BSOD Stop x to months to taking is me way problem A fix.... that a find b stopped showing BUT a new problem occured and its the ntoskrnl exe and it said that my kernel is missing or corrupt I thought i cant fix it anymore so i just left it February - My laptop is just hidden and not useful March - Week ago - my dad left overseas with his installation disk and a laptop so i dont have a laptop to use anymore so i just borrow my sister's laptop then suddenly i found a way to fix it I have to use the windows installation disk so i can have the System Recovery Options and then i will go to command prompt and type some stuffs to fix the problem but the disk is no longer in our house So i seached for a way to fix it without a disk Last A problem that is taking me months to find a way to fix.... Mon - I keep finding a way to go to the System Recovery Options without the installation disk but i cant see anything Last Tues - I gaved up about the repair your computer option in the Advanced Boot Option without the installation disk and i tried all the options in there but none of them worked Last Wed - I found a way that i can make a bootable USB in order to have the System Recovery Options so i made a plan that i will do it tomorrow Today - I did installed the Rufus and Followed the steps here USB Windows Installation Key Drive - Create Then i downloaded an iso file of Windows Ultimate x then i started making the bootable USB with my gb USB using Rufus and it went fine Until when i tried it in my self annoying and the quot i wanna throw it away right now quot laptop it had a problem saying quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem insert windos cd and run a repair your computer option File boot bcd Status xc f Info The Windows Boot Configuration Data File is Missing And this is the settings i did A problem that is taking me months to find a way to fix.... in the rufus Partition scheme and target system type MBR Partition Scheme for BIOS or UEFI File System NTFS Cluster Size Default bytes Quick Format Checked Create a bootable disk using ISO Image so i browsed the ISO Image of the Windows Home Premium Create extended label and icon files Checked So what i did to try to fix it is i made the Cluster Size to bytes but when i tried to boot from my self annoying and the quot i wanna throw it away right now quot laptop it said Press any key to boot from USB so i did pressed and A problem that is taking me months to find a way to fix.... pressed but it dont work and it will just boot to the Hard Disk Drive So now I really need your help guys because my summer vacation will be worthless without my laptop that is functioning properly and if i fix my laptop i will treat it the same way like in again favorite laptop of the year Any help of you guys will mean a lot of help

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393255-problem-taking-me-months-find-way-fix.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Well the problem is that it is slow and i think they have some unwanted virus on there which wont leave even tho i do system recovery and many other virus protection program has told me there was no errors.I cant reboot bc my dvd drive wont work it stills open but the light.The only time my computer work finely is after a update or recovery.Please help me with this problem?My computer is a acer extensa 5620 and has windows vista.

A:Hello everybody for the past two months i been having problem with my laptop

Quote:

my dvd drive wont work it stills open but the light

I'm not sure what you mean by this?
What is the make and model of your computer? You may have a Recovery Partition on your computer. If you start up your computer, you may have a quick message over the logo that says Press (key) to Enter Recovery, sometimes this is F11. If so, this will set your computer back to Factory Defaults. This will remove all personal data, so backup first.
If you do not have a recovery partition, then read up on the link in my signature PC Running Slow? And try those things.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hello-everybody-for-the-past-two-months-i-been-having-problem-with-my-laptop-629127.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Dear Support I tried most of the forums but didnt find a solution for this one I have a Seagate external hard disk just months old I have a hp laptop and was connecting to it using USB port I was getting the error quot PLEASE FORMAT THE DISK BEFORE YOU CAN USE IT quot error I had quite lot of data in it BUT i did not mind about the data here AS the hardware is more important for me as its just months old So i just tried to format the disk I also tried CHKDKS f R X option and it completed successfully with out error which took almost days completely BUT formatting has become a problem as explained below Everytime i try to format the drive say it starts formatting and it reaches some - the drive disconnects itself as i hear a disconnection sound and after that it connects itself again as i hear sort of power on sound Immediately i get an error from the format telling me that the drive is disconnected and the format cannot continue Also i again get back the PLEASE FORMAT THE DISK BEFORE YOU CAN USE IT quot months old Problem just external 3 Seagate disk 1TB :( PLEASE GUYS I WOULD REALLY BE GRATEFUL IF ANYONE OF YOU CAN assist me in Seagate 1TB external disk just 3 months old Problem :( guiding me as to what would be the problem I have already tried uninstalling the USB HOST drivers from the HP website as i have a hp system installed The drive is not even detected currently in USB Not sure what is the reason I just want to save my hard disk as i paid a lot for it and its just months onl nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi nbsp I am facing wifi connectivity problem from past months for the same I have coordinated with call center at least or more times amp times nbsp engineers has visited my Wifi problem 6 months connectivity past from place amp times I went to Wifi connectivity problem from past 6 months service centre but till now my problem has'nt resolved they aren't able to identify that what the exact problem is I am wasting my atleast one hour of time daily to get this issue resolved by my self but its not working when ever i am contacting call center they are nbsp navigating me to engineers amp engineers are telling there is software issues please update I have updated every single update in my system amp the same thing i am doing from last months but the issue is not getting resolved nbsp I have visited the service center of Hyderabad I dont understand what kind of engineers HP has recruited they aren't ready to listen what customer is saying nbsp Any way I am fade up with this follow up with call center amp their false promises amp of no use of so called service centers nbsp nbsp I WANT RESOLUTION AT THE EARLIEST nbsp nbsp Kindly provide me escalation matrix of HP I have to mail it to HP CEO nbsp HP was known for service in my opinion but they have proveed me fool

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connectivity-problem-from-past-6-months/td-p/5751213
Relevancy 45.15%

For around two or three months the system has been crashing on a weekly or biweekly basis and wasn't so much of a problem as to interfere and warrant investigation on my part. Within the past few days, however, it has gotten much worse and now crashes at least once daily. I have done what I can with my limited computer skills and determined ntoskrnl.exe is the culprit and followed some potential solutions found on this forum as well as other sites but to no avail. Although it may be mere coincidence, I feel it is worth noting that the vast majority of crashes (90%+) occur when the computer has been left on but I am not currently at the desk working on anything. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

A:BSOD problem for months, getting worse, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to SevenForums.

A BCC F4 is common when SSD's are present.

Code:
Model OCZ-SOLID3 ATA Device
Is the firmware for your SSD up-to-date?

Check for one and see if the stability returns.

What security software do you use?

Perform a System File Check:Click on the start
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check on your hard drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Reduce items at start-up. Nothing except anti-virus is required:Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

SUMMARY:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800e057b30, fffffa800e057e10, fffff80003bcc460}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800e05db30, fffffa800e05de10, fffff80003be0460}

Probably caused by : csrss.exe

---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800e0cfb30, fffffa800e0cfe10, fffff80003b94460}

Probably caused by : wininit.exe

---------

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, Process
Arg2: fffffa800e057b30, Terminating object
Arg3: fffffa800e057e10, Process image file name
Arg4: fffff80003bcc460, Explanatory message (ascii)

Debugging Details:
------------------

PROCESS_OBJECT: fffffa800e057b30

IMAGE_NAME: csrss.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MODULE_NAME: csrss

FAULTING_MODULE: 0000000000000000

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x.

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_IOERR

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IR... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272467-bsod-problem-months-getting-worse-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've been getting BSOD for months now, and it is driving me crazy. I cannot find out the problem.

Things I've done, that has not helped:
-New/upgraded power supply
-Memtest = No faulty ram
-New hard drive = no help
-Took out graphics card to try onboard graphics = Still crashes

I bought this machine from dell outlet about 8 months ago. Had no problems for a few weeks, and then slowly the blue screen of death became more frequent.

I'm not really sure what system information I need to include in my post, but it is a 64bit windows 7. Please let me know what else I can do to help fix this problem, it is driving me insane and I am on the verge of ordering a mac.

A:BSOD- Persistent for months, cannot pinpoint problem. Different codes

Hi Ray welcome to SF

Please remove and clean avg from your system using the avgremoverx64

Download and instal Microsoft Security Essentials

Enable windows firewall.

Finish and post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187488-bsod-persistent-months-cannot-pinpoint-problem-different-codes.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey just a quick thread about my current laptops cooling problems because it constantly rises to C Degrees when doing the simplest of tasks such as web browsing I have a cooling stand for it and it hardly ever is moved because I know how hot it gets - its more like a desktop now I've heard it is because of a bad heat sink design in the DV Series but was wondering whether replacing the current thermal compound with something such as Arctic Silver would help at all Also I am buying a new laptop in the next Laptop Overheating New Laptop advice? and few months but I cannot decide on the best laptop to buy I have been interested in a Dell Overheating Laptop and New Laptop advice? XPS which has the i - m processor and the Nvidia M GPU I don't playing any FPS games but do play some browser games or did play but I would rather have the option there Would this be adequate for games like RuneScape and such I'm not too fussed about the lack of turbo boost since the clock rate on my current CPU is locked but performs fast enough I am looking more for a cool system with a decent GPU which is somewhat power efficient Hopefully hours battery Any advice I'm open to hearing about other laptops within my price range that you might recommend - Up to Thanks Will

A:Overheating Laptop and New Laptop advice?

Hello Willisme1. Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you will get lots of advice about buying a new laptop here from others, but as for your overheating laptop - that is most often cause by dust clogging the heatsink and vents. Have you cleaned it?

Also check the heatsink fan to be sure it is blowing. These do start to fail after some time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/171710-overheating-laptop-new-laptop-advice.html
Relevancy 43%

I recently got a pny nvidia gts with gig ram i ve got it in an sli config with a galaxy gts with the pny gpu as number The card generally runs at degrees while on the desktop manually putting the fan to with an extra fan at the side blowing air through the heatsink and to the gpu fan gets the temperature down to about The galaxy graphics card generally runs at about degrees while on the desktop This isn t too bad in itself but whenever I try running a game skyrim for example it generally overheats and kills my computer within half an hour last overheating possible problem time I tried it it took about possible overheating problem ten minutes Have I bought a faulty card or is this what pny graphics cards are like Also how effective are those seperate gpu coolers you can buy on amazon for example would it be worthwhile looking into getting one of those Oh also I ve noticed that the temperature varies rapidly when I m playing a game While I m running skyrim it ll run really hot generally in the nineties within five minutes but as soon as I minimise the game it ll shoot down to the mid to low eighties within a second After that it ll slowly reduce down to it s apparent normal running temperature of to degrees nbsp

A:possible overheating problem

No offense, but do you really think all PNY cards overheat and fail?

Sounds like you have a faulty card or a case with really poor airflow (and/or too much heat build up from other hardware). As it's new, contact PNY. They will want to troubleshoot and will RMA if it's faulty.

With that said, for testing purposes, use a single card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-overheating-problem.1030323/
Relevancy 43%

I have just had my Ivy Bridge crash and am trying to reinstall Windows on a new drive but when I start the machine up - it has almost completed the install the BIOS lets go with warning beeps and a message that the CPU is over temp.

In the BIOS it is set to the auto settings for any of the CPU and fans stuff and I am not really overly confident in what I should be setting. The CPU an i5 3570K is hitting 81C whenever I start the machine up and refuses to budge past the BIOS beeps.

It is a reasonably new build about seven months so I don't think it is the thermal and the Intel LC cooler block feels almost cold to the touch as does the rad.

Any ideas appreciated as this is just another set back in a horror two days.

A:CPU overheating problem

I would re do the cooler seating just to be sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298726-cpu-overheating-problem.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey everyone Overheating problem? I am having some issues with my PC lately The problem Overheating problem? is All my PC games lag constantly both offline and online Games that I played flawlessly before now lag even the older ones like Freelancer for instance My BIOS shows - C CPU temp Overheating problem? which is most likely the problem I have tried - Reformatting my HDD - Checking for malware with various tools such as HijackThis SmitFraudFix Nod Malwarebytes anti-malware - Updating Direct X - Overheating problem? Downgrading and updating video drivers - Reformatting my HDD using Built in Disk Defragmenter Auslogics Disk Defrag - Checking my HDD with built in disk checker and TuneUp Disk Doctor - Testing my RAM several times with Memtest - Running with only RAM module and switching with the other one - Cleaning the fans and heatsinks on GPU CPU and Northbridge - Replacing Thermal Paste on all three of them - Cleaning the slots - Leaving the case open while running - Disabling and removing my Sound Card It is possible that I have overlooked something while doing this so please any kind of advice will be appreciated EDIT I forgot to mention that watching videos on my PC also isn t as good as before and it is choppy when in full screen nbsp

A:Overheating problem?

No question, it's overheating. You've probably have surpassed the threshold of software you can run on your system without needing more cooling. Current installed software gets larger with updates and newer versions a 2 to 4 times largers. Consequently, you system runs a lot more software which generates a lot more heat. My step-fathers computer started crashing on anti-virus scans because the detections rules were twice as large as when he initially bought the computer. The scans took twice as long and the system overheated.

I'd suggest, if you have't already, add a "system fan". Basically, you add a second fan at the vent in the back of the chassis. Your CPU fan helps draw heat off the heatsink on your CPU but the chamber can't vent the hot air fast enough. The second "system fan" helpe evacuate the chamber.

Repost if this isn't a solution.

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-problem.135372/
Relevancy 43%

Two days ago I was overheating problem? Possible downloading an upgrade for Window Media Player and the download got stuck part way through I disconected from the net and tried to reconect but all the programmes were frozen all I could do was move the mouse pointer The PC Possible overheating problem? wouldn t even let me shut down I switched of at the mains and rebooted the PC it got through to the main XP Pro screen but again everything was frozen I tried a few more times with the same result I left everything for a couple of hours tried again and everything was fine The PC ran for about hours and then the same problems with freezing The day after I took the sode panels off the PC and it ran all day without problems The next day I replaced the panels and after about hours the problems returned Both fans appear to be working well is there anything I can run that will check things out for me or can anyone offer any advice or suggestions The system is just under a year old and get regularly cleaned of dust etc Regards Mike nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hey guys First off let me say I m a complete when it comes to exactly how a computer operates and its hardware components Sadly though I seem to have a bit of an issue with exactly that My pc works half I got a systemspec list for your information Quote Windows Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack Build Internet Explorer Memory RAM MB CPU Info Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPU Speed MHz Sound Card Luidsprekers Realtek High Defi Display Adapters ATI Radeon HD ATI Radeon HD RDPDD Chained DD (PSU overheating problem?) GPU RDP Encoder Mirror Driver Monitors x Algemeen PnP-beeldscherm Screen Resolution X - bit Network Network Present Network Adapters NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller CD DVD Drives K UZYPO E CHI WP Ports COM NOT Present BIOS Info AT GPU overheating (PSU problem?) AT COMPATIBLE ACRSYS - Time Zone West-Europa standaardtijd Battery No Battery Motherboard ACER MCP PV I bought it as Acer Apire M All the original parts are still there The problem is as follows For a long time now my pc has had tremendous issues with booting One of several things can happen Either - It hangs at the very first screen I get the Acer title screen After a while the blue light indicating activity starts burning it never goes off and my pc doesn t boot - It hangs at the title screen for a while then proceeds through all the usual stuff to a black screen with a single blinking in the top left corner of the screen It never continues - It hangs at the title screen then goes through everything normally till it gets to the vista microsoft title screen the one with the green slider indicating that it s doing something The slider moves from left to right a few times like it should then freezes up Always at the same point After a short while it continues and boots like it should All this is making it very annoying to boot up since it can take up to hours counting all the reboots I have to do I m really wondering what could be wrong But the problem gets worse When I play any game and monitor the gpu temps the temperature reaches over degrees C in seconds flat If I continue playing it crashes and goes unresponsive a gpu failsafe I now have to play games with a big deskfan blowing into my now permanently open case That went fine so far until now when even with the fan blowing at full speed it crashes in max mins It seems unrelated to the graphics settings I ve heard elsewhere that it might be a problem of my psu not supplying enough power when I checked the psu it didn t seem to list a wattage and I couldn t find it online either and on other places I read that it s impossible for the psu to cause such problems Being a dummy I haven t a clue what s causing it I ve read many things on replacing the thermal sink or paste but I have now clue how to go about doing that or what it looks like on my gpu nbsp

A:GPU overheating (PSU problem?)

Looks like the Aspire M3641 uses 250W power supply. Found specs for ED7200A & U3702A, both has 250 W PSU, so I'm guessing all M3641 uses it.

The fan on the video card is working?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-overheating-psu-problem.173798/
Relevancy 43%

Recently there has been a serious overheating problem in my computer tower pertaining to my video card (ATI Radeon 9800 Pro). For some reason, I can only have the computer on for a few minutes before the card overheats, causing my comp to crash. Also I can smell something during the crash, perhaps the plastic of the card. Whatever it is, it has a strong odor. The odd thing is though. This can be avoided if I turn on my computer, then turn off again and then turn back on in a couple of minutes. If I do this, I can keep the comp on for as long as I need. However, if i stress the card by running games (new ones and old ones), my comp crashes.

Ive had this card for about a year, and havent had any hardware changes made since its installation so i have no idea why this is happening now.
Suggestions?

Relevancy 43%

Idk whats going on as some of you may have noticed I ve been having multiple issues with this computer i just got the friend that built it for me played through all of bioshock and ran a burn test he said everything was maxed or something and it didn t overheat now as of yesterday i actually had time to sit down and game for a bit this was after i had to replace the CMOS battery and if i have my case on the computer will just shut off after - mins of gaming if i take the case off it doesnt do it i was playing am- pm w out the case i put it back on and mins later it shut off so i took the case off again and now its fine any ideas as how i can fix this so i can play with my case Also why would it have been fine when he tested it did replacing the CMOS battery change some settings nbsp Problem Overheating

Relevancy 43%

I have a new Amd Quad Core Processor I got with asus M4A785-M MOBO but when the MOBO bios crashed I tried to use the processor in another MOBO.......it works but it overheats could it be that the MOBO can't handle the processor???

Relevancy 43%

Hi,
I recently upgraded my PC to this configuration:
Processor: AMD FX-8320
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Video Card: ATI RADEON HD 5770
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Hard Disk: Western Digital 1TB Blue SATA3
PSU: Thermaltake 530W SMART SERIES

My CPU temperature is extremely high.
When I'm not doing anything it's around 40 celsius, but I recently played Battlefield 3 and COD Ghosts and it shut down. The temperature was about 95 celsius.
What is happening to my CPU?

A:CPU overheating problem

Are you using the stock cooler? I have the same CPU and ended up replacing the stock cooler because of bad temperatures. How is the rest of your system's cooling situation? The highest recommended temperature that CPU is rated for is 62C for the processor and 72C for the AM3+ socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overheating-problem.202863/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all,

I have recently been having a problem with my CPU over-heating when running large processes (like games in fullscreen etc). It automatically restarts the machine when reaching 70c (which I understand is the maximum temperature for the CPU).I am aware that this problem has occurred to other people using the AMD Athlon 64 processor. The problem has been happening for a while but I can't remember the exact time/date. However I remember this problem not happening with my old PSU. My old PSU was 500w and my new one is probably half that.

Can a lower voltage PSU cause problems with a CPU overheating? Would be interesting to know as I would rather pin-point the problem then waste a load of cash

Thanks

Relevancy 43%

Hi,I have HP Probook 4540s. Left side of the touchpad mouse is almost constantly overheating. I found out there is graphics chip. When I play games it's hot a whole time. But when I'm on the internet sometimes it's hot and sometimes it's on normal temperature. Is someone experiencing this issue? I would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Overheating-problem/td-p/5760248
Relevancy 43%

Hi, i downloaded Hmonitor to check my motherboard temperatures, and it seems all wrong, i was told to take out the CPU and heatsink and give it a clean i did that everything is clean when i took it out it wasnt TOO hot to hold but it was hot, ive got a print screen of the program, can you guys help me with this its slowing my PC down so bad

2.4Ghz Celeron CPU
768Mb PC2700 Ram
256Mb ATI 9550GE
400W PSU

here is the screenshot of the Program: hardware TEmps any help would be apreciated thanks

A:Help With Overheating Problem

It seems the program has gotten the values switched around. If your motherboard were 70C, you'd have a very noticable problem. So it is much more likely that it's the CPU running at 70.
But that's still a bit hot. (though not too bad, if my memory serves correct)

The easiest way to do something about that is to use a more efficient HSF (heatsink). But before you run out and buy one, let's get into a bit more detail.

How is your pc slowing down? (And who told you to clean your HSF?)
Have you tried to overclock it, or? And have you done any changes to the hardware lately?
Last, what type of Celeron is it? And what is your motherboard?
If you don't know the celeron type, just give us which motherboard you are using, and aprox time of when you bought the cpu...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-overheating-problem.47179/
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys as the title says I think I m having some trouble with my graphics card I was playing on my gaming desktop with which I ve had no previous problems had for just over years About minutes into the game Team fortress if that info is important the display seemed to crash and turned into a strange mosaic-like pattern which I ve never encountered before I couldn t bring up task Possible problem overheating manager or do anything but I could still hear the computer was playing everything properly I turned off the comp at the plug and left it about an hour Possible overheating problem later while my Possible overheating problem younger brother was playing Modern Warfare the same thing happened and generated a very similar pattern I m taking it as a warning of some kind but where it wont tell me what I m doing wrong I m just going to go in circles if I try anything without help So far all I ve done is leave the computer off and I ve cleaned it out as it was a quite dusty inside due to it having about fans but I doubt that was the cause and now I m afraid of permanently damaging it if I turn it back on Any suggestions would be extremely helpful however I m not as computer literate as I thought and while looking around on the net I ve been bombarded with jargon I just can t grasp or even search up to find the meaning of the terms so I am looking to the most patient of you for help When I registered I put down all the info I could remember about my computer but it was bought for me so I ll have to do some digging if you need any more information Thanks in Advance EDIT Sorry I thought my comp specs would appear at the end of my post this is all I can remember at the moment Windows Vista home premium AMD Phenom Quad core GHz black edition Nvidia GeForce GTX GB Ram If any more info is required I will provide as fast as possible I will be checking this every minutes or so most likely nbsp

A:Possible overheating problem

Does this problem only happen with that 1 game or others also?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-overheating-problem.913101/
Relevancy 43%

I have an AMD Athlon 2200XP (1800mhz) machine from Time computers. I have an MSI MS-6382 motherboard and 512MB ram. I recently upgraded to a Creative Ti4800 GFX card. Its seems to be running well with 3dmark scores about 10500. Ever since i have had the machine (about a year) a high pitched whistle can be heard from the case. I have looked inside and fiddled around making sure everything is screwed down correctly, and im sure the sound is coming from the PSU. Sometimes it gives me a headache! Today i had a temperature warning and it peaked at 70 degrees celsius and im sure this is too hot. It normally runs at around 55 degrees. Does this sound right? Could the PSU be knackered?

Thanks in advance

Dave

A:Overheating problem (another one ;))

Sounds like one of your fans is about to pack in. You'll need to take a look inside your case with it running to see if you can find out which one is making the noise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-problem-another-one.6695/
Relevancy 43%

hi there im having a problem here i have recently download graded from vista to xp pro on both laptops both had vista on them and when i tryed to look for the xp drivers on acer and hp compaq homepage there where none the both laptops where only for vista but i managed to find all the right drivers manually for both overheating problem laptops but laptop is fine runs great and that is acer aspire specs for that intel celeron mhz cpu and gb ram and gb hd and mb mobile intel r express chipset family graphics but the problem im having is with this overheating problem laptop hp compaq presario cq - em cpu mhz amd sempron and mb nvidia graphics and gb ram and gb hd i have no viruses as its a clean install and scanned for them too but at the top left of the laptop gets hot after a while then lower left starts to get warm if i start to play a game on the internet using flash after mins of play it starts to lagg the scroll bar gets sticky and everything starts to slow i have noticed only when i use flash player in task manager it says ie or any browser uses cpu usage nothing else is taking up the cpu usage ive checked all its only ie or whatever browser im usingbut google chrome has its own task manager in tools on there page and i see whats taking up of that and its flash player only when i use it though and i need flash player sometimes it gets that bad my laptop shuts down i mean completely goes off as it gets too hot any ideas anyone please nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hi all I ve heard problem Overheating wonderful things about this forum I hope I can find some answers here I am an avid Sims player I have dealt with the quot blue Overheating problem screen of death quot solved my problem with that by downloading modded custom drivers created specifically for the ATI cards It worked like a dream I Overheating problem noticed the stickied thread about problems with TS and I searched for problems associated with my own amp Overheating problem couldn t find anything My problem has to do with an overheating video card this is happening all the time since installing the Seasons EP The modded drivers allow me to see the core temp of my card at any given time I find my card over heating to degrees with under MB of downloads after only a few minutes in the game I cleaned out my tower canned air blown outward - no dust bunnies left to speak of and it got worse really No crashing because I hear my card s fan kick on amp I know it s heating up At this point I minimize the game amp let it sit for minutes amp the temp is normal again I ve never overclocked my card The only things I run are preschool games my kid s games PSP and TS with all the EPs except the mini rip-offs ie Glamour Life Holidays etc I bought the computer specifically for my TS addiction Our old pc wasn t handling the load as well as I thought it should but after all I ve been through I am wondering if it was even worth it - aside from having my own pc just for me A side note before Seasons my game was running with over GB of downloads having to minimize after a few hours of play for a cool down I have a Dell XPS Dual core tech ghz GB of RAM and a MB ATI X graphics card I know it exceeds the specs Please help I hope someone knows what the problem may be Thanks Edit to add TS is the ONLY game or program that overheats the card nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hello! I've recently bought the HP Omen 15, the 2016 edition with a GTX 965m 4GB and a i7 6700hq. Whenever I play light games the temps are absolutely fine. World of Warcraft, both GPU and CPU both stay around or below 70, which is amazing. However, when I play something more demanding, like Overwatch, it raises de cpu usage to around 40-50% and with it the temps up to 90+ degrees. The GPU however, stays cool, under 70 degrees. These high temps are clearly unhealthy for the CPU and for the computer in general, is this normal?  I remind you, the CPU usage is only at 40% with occasional ups to 50%. Thanks! 

A:Overheating problem

With the high specifications of the PC, it is expected to get hot to a certain point and the Omen is built to handle those temperatures. However, if you feel that the temperatures are too high and if it also causes performance issue like locking or freezing up then call HP support and have them take a look at the PC.  Alternatively you could use an external cooling pad/ cooling fan to reduce the temperatures slightly when playing high CPU usage games. The only reason i could think of at the moment with regards to it overheating is if its always being overclocked or in turbo mode the whole time. that could cause a few overheating issues

Please click ?Accept as Solution ? if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click the ?Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say ?Thanks? for helping.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Overheating-problem/td-p/5763317
Relevancy 43%

System Specs P E FSB CPU Overheating problem Intel GBF built in VGA sound MB TwinMOS cl ram GB seagate SATA Standard W PSU extra casing fan for cooling OS Windows XP SP Fresh installation with a few CPU Overheating problem softwares CPU temperature idle - C CPU temperature load - C Alarm starts ringing As you can see the idle temperature is around - C and when I start a program the temperatures jumps to around C and while running any program such as Norton Antivirus the temperatures shoots to C and alarm starts ringing on Intel Active alert the program which comes in the mobo CD for detecting temperatures I have also used MBM Motherboard monitor to check the temperatures being shows by intel active alert and both are showing the same temperatures which means that the alarm and temperatures are correct Why this much high temperature Please keep in mind that this is afresh intallation of WinXP and only a couple of softwares have been installed I have started this PC after about month I haave another PC AMD and this one has been lying idle Another interesting thing to note is that while both PCs are kept in the same room in the same conditions other PC is amd with gt in a smaller casing and without extra casing fan the pc with amd is showing temperatures of around C on load while p is showing C The CPU fan of P is also working fine What do you think is casuing such high temperatures and what is the solution nbsp

Relevancy 43%

hello.

i built my pc about a year ago ive had problems with it off and on. but now i think the problem i am having now may be due to overheating for no reason itll reboot or ill get some stupid error msg and then upon reboot says some windows file is missing, Ive reinstalled windows a bunch of times due to this problem. The thing that makes me think its a heat issue is when i clean off the system with air (for some reason it gets a ton of dust) it works fine again. i havent checked temps lately but pc used to run in high 30s or low 40s if anyone can give me some ideas id be grateful . ty.

A:I think i have an overheating problem?

Where are you keeping your tower? It sounds like your only problem is with dust so finding different place to put your tower ie; from the floor to the desktop would solve your problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-i-have-an-overheating-problem.407532/
Relevancy 43%

I had installed Windows Home Premium x on my Toshiba laptop several months ago and as soon as the operating system was installed I was having heat problems I figured maybe it was because I had not yet installed any drivers but even after doing so and making sure they were up to date the problem persisted I then installed Windows XP Pro x with it as a dual-boot and discovered that the Problem Overheating laptop ran perfectly fine just as it had with Vista as well Knowing that this amount of heat is not exceptionally quot healthy quot for a computer I went back to my Windows Vista Ultimate x amp Windows XP Pro x dual-boot I eventually called Toshiba about the issue and they asked if my BIOS was up to date I told them which version I had and they said that it was up to date They advised to take it in and get it looked at which I refuse to do because it works fine in XP or Vista The heat problem I have encountered goes like this I boot my computer up and it boots up fine until it is in Windows The fan will run at a very low speed during this time and will not change When I put my hand there the air it is blowing is not that hot After minutes the fan remains at the same speed but the heat it blows out is increasingly Overheating Problem warm After minutes the air it blows is very very hot and almost painful to hold my hand close to the vent and within a few short minutes the fan changes its speed for the Overheating Problem first time since boot-up The speed it kicks into is incredibly fast the fan at this point blows faster than it had ever blown in Vista or XP still to this day it is not comparable to speeds it has blown in XP or Vista The heat is incredible After about - mins more or less the computer shuts down immediately without warning I am all out of ideas and I would really like to have Windows but I don't want a fried computer

A:Overheating Problem

Never mind.... I have finally found the concluding answer to this issue (good riddance), and I now run a dual-boot between Windows 7 and Windows XP. I must say, now that I am getting the chance to use Windows 7 without burning my laptop, it is definitely a huge improvement from Windows Vista.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/108091-overheating-problem.html
Relevancy 43%

I bought a new power supply because i thought that this will be the solution in my overheating pc.. [always blue screen ] but why is it that it still blue screen even though i have a new power supply?.. what could be my problem?..

*note
tell me if i'm in the wrong section.
thank you for those who will help :)

-january

Could it not be a CPU/Case fan problem, seeing as them two components are employed to keep the computer cool??!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/overheating-problem-219605.html
Relevancy 43%

I used the program Coretemp, and this is the temperature it gave me. I also have an Nvidia 8500GT if that makes any difference.
Is this normal? Can I just buy another fan and fix it?

A:Overheating problem?

No that is absolutely not normal. Either the sensors are broken or your CPU cooler is not in its place correctly, or the fan in it isn't spinning. Reseat the cooler, clean it of the old thermal solution, apply new thermal paste, preferably Arctic Silver 5 or other good stuff, when putting the cooler in place have your motherboard out of the case so you can be sure about all the pushpins going fully through the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-problem.794078/
Relevancy 43%

Im having this problem with my Gateway T-1625(32 bit)..... it gets soo hot that i have to keep it on the lowest power setting or the cor temp will shoot over 80 degrees C........ how can i solve this problem

A:Overheating problem

Buy a can of compressed air, try to use it to blow dust out of the laptop through the vents and holes in it. If it does not work, then you'll need to actually open the laptop and undust it using the compr-air that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-problem.793910/
Relevancy 43%

First off relevant system specs Intel P Prescott ASUS P C E Deluxe BIOS Dual Channel DDR Leadtek Winfast A GT MB AGP Stock Intel CPU HSF used Arctic Silver Idel temps C Load Temps C may be the problem Graphic Settings Video Bios Forceware Anisotropic my problem? overheating Is Filter x Anisotropic Mip Filter On Anisotropic Sample Optimization Off Antialiasing Settings x Conformant Texture Clamp Hardware Extension Limit Off Force Mipmaps None Gamma correct antialiasing off Hardware Accel Single Display Performance Negative LOD Bias Clamp Texture Filtering Quality Transparency Antialasing Off Trilinear Optimization On Triple Buffering Off Vertical Sync Use d application setting Max temp at load C Resolution x mhz refresh with Syncmaster MW Basically when playing World of Warcraft my frame rate drops from FPS with settings on medium to or lower when I enter any graphics intensive area This card should be able to max out settings for such a low resource game as Warcraft I know Pressies run hot but I m thinking when it s hitting or so it s throttling back and lowering my FPS My GPU never gets hot I just ordered a Zalman CNPS and I m hoping this is the problem but figured I d ask if anyone saw anything else wrong The card worked great for the first few days and then I began suffering these debilitating FPS drops Any ideas Thanks ahead of time appreciate all the help I can get nbsp Is overheating my problem?

A:Is overheating my problem?

Are you sure your gfx card isn't overheating? How good is your case circulation?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-overheating-my-problem.59224/
Relevancy 43%

During games my laptop CPU heats up to 80-85C according to Speedfan and I8kfanGUI, and up to 95-100 according to Real Temp. How dangerous is it and does it mean that something's wrong with my laptop or that it simply can't handle heavy games?
Also, which program is correct? When not playing, the temperature is around 50-55 (Speedfan and I8kfanGUI) and 65-70 (Real Temp).
I've got Dell Studio 1735 (intel core 2 duo, ATI mobility radeon HD 3650) with Vista home basic and all drivers have just been updated.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 43%

Ok guys this is pretty exciting after hours of research and fearing the fact of losing screws and my warranty if i opened my laptop open i figured there had to be another way I was right nbsp I can not explain to you how warm my laptop constantly was the fan WAS ALWAYS ON ive sent the laptop to hp to get the fan replaced yet again the same problem occured And i managed to solve FIX PROBLEM!! FAN/OVERHEATING DV7 TO HOW this in easy steps nbsp I made an account just to tell everyone who is having this problem and hopefully it will help them the way it helped me STEP nbsp nbsp HOW TO FIX DV7 FAN/OVERHEATING PROBLEM!! If you haven't already UPGRADE THE BIOS TO THE LATEST VERSION THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT STEP After installing the bios update or if you already have the latest bios restart your computer and enter your bios settingsturn of the option for always keeping the fan on STEP I know this is going to HOW TO FIX DV7 FAN/OVERHEATING PROBLEM!! sound stupid but i vacuumed my air vents on HOW TO FIX DV7 FAN/OVERHEATING PROBLEM!! my computer to get all the dust and what not out and it seemed to work I vacuumed each side for about - minutes each moving the vacuum around Im telling you that you need to do this And that's it i have a completely overheating free laptop now It used to be unbearable it would overheat for no reason and i couldnt stand the fan problem But now when i run high end games the performance has increased massively And games such as CSS doesnt even START UP THE FAN ITS CRAZY it barely works the fan i was so shocked before it would overheat like you couldnt believe freeze every minute but now its amazing no sound no nothing programs such as autocad run perfect no fan is worked at all dead silence I REALLY DO HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU GUYS nbsp

A:HOW TO FIX DV7 FAN/OVERHEATING PROBLEM!!

Yes You are right! I even did Exactly What you said before seeing your post .. It's actually True and Worked!! Blowing the air vents by an Air Blower or (Vaccuming) really Fixes this problem ... Hope this can help people who suffer the HP Overheating problem!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HOW-TO-FIX-DV7-FAN-OVERHEATING-PROBLEM/td-p/1360861
Relevancy 43%

My system is overheating and causing problems. The system generates a lot of heat as it has a quad core, four hard drives set up as a RAID and two ATI HD3800 cross fire cards. Space is relatively limited and I currently have Two 120mm fans blowing on the motherboard, one case fan blowing air into the sytem and stock fans on the video cards. Recently I've taken the side off and aimed a fan at it to keep the heat down. Any suggestions as to how to get the temperature down? I'd like to put the side of the case back on.

Thanks!

Relevancy 43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A L-M USB Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled OK although I have been running my own computer repair business successfully for years there are always problems cropping up that you have never encountered before Usually a few minutes with Google can help but I am afraid that I cannot solve a problem I have been having with my own Problem? Overheating main computer for the past few weeks I have been suffering from random and frequent sudden shutdowns for no obvious reasons he computer can shutdown while idling while downloading or streaming or just while I am emailing If I try to reboot straight away it usually Overheating Problem? shuts down before reaching the desktop Generally I am having to wait at least minutes before it will boot up again Occasionally when I reboot I get a BIOS message which says that I have experienced a power surge which caused the shutdown but this does not appear every time At times these shutdowns occur within a few minutes of booting up the computer but at other times it runs fine for several hours Please note that apart from the CPU fan I have case fans fitted one rear and two front I have also run the computer within one side panel fitted So far these are the steps I have taken to try to resolve my problem but none of these have worked I run my system via a power surge protector block and initially replaced this with a new one I fitted a new power lead Although I tested my PSU and this showed no faults I replaced it with a new w EZCool PSU After none of these measures made any difference I then suspected that the CPU was overheating and installed some monitoring software to see what was going on I was quite surprised when the software reported that the CPU core was generally showing a temperature of around C when idle and around C with some applications were open A peak of C was reported when I was streaming video All these seemed quite high to me In an attempt to reduce these readings I invested in a new CPU fan an EVO Hyper which was recommended by several people on blogs that I researched However again this made no difference either to the temperatures I was seeing or to the random shutdown problem which still persists So I am now out of ideas I hope there is someone out there who can come up with something that may help solve this problem Anyone with any ideas would be very much appreciated This is my main work computer and was quite expensive as you can see from the specification Add in the new parts I have already replaced and I have quite a big investment in it and hope I can solve this problem without too much more expense nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Is there a real "freeware" software anywhere that I can check this?

A:I think I have an overheating problem

The Free version of HW Monitor works great: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-i-have-an-overheating-problem.1051478/
Relevancy 43%

PC Specs CPU AMD Phenom II x T GHz Stock cooler NOT Overclocked MB ASUS M A GPU Radeon HD GB GDDR RAM GB DDR HyperX MHz running at OS Windows Ultimate -bit Hello So these last couple of days I ve been struggling to fix my CPU Overheating problem The first time I noticed this problem was when I was watching a Twitch stream using Google Chrome and I had a few other tabs opened gag YouTube Facebook and all of a sudden I got BSOD the dump process went up to and then the whole PC just froze so I had to manually restart it Upon booting I got a message saying quot CPU Temperature too high please enter setup quot CPU problem Overheating So I did and I saw that the temperature was around degrees celsius I turned off my PC and waited a while turned it on and this time it booted normally and when I checked the temp using HWMonitor it was sitting around - degrees idle with cpu usage at - which I think is weird btw my room is CPU Overheating problem cold since I only turn on the heating when it get s below outside The BSOD happened more times of which twice when I was playing a game quot Grey Goo quot I used an ingame cpu temp monitor and noticed that the temperature went from to degrees in minutes of playing p s CPU Overheating problem I had a svchost exe virus located in Windows Temp folder which according to VirusTotal was a BitCoin miner It was starting with windows and using around of my CPU but now I have it quarantined with Malwerbytes Premium Things I ve tried so far Cleaning the PC from dust Replacing thermal paste Changing the Minimum processor state to it was set to by Razer Cortex Power Plan Using SpeedFan to run the CPU fan at - RPM Scanning and cleaning the PC with Malwerbytes ComboFix RogueKiller ADWCleaner Avast Home Edition Spybot Search amp Destroy Things I haven t tried Installing a fresh copy of windows Hopefully things that you guys will advise me to do Sorry for writing a new Harry Potter book but I wanted to include as many details as I can Cheers nbsp

A:CPU Overheating problem

Just a question about thermal paste and fans:

How many fans in your case? 3 ? 4 ? (Not counting Video Card fans) 1CPU, 2 Case?

Also how big are the case fans, and are they turned up ? Do any of the fans make noise? (Could not be performing at maximum rates)

for your CPU fan is it also running optimally(no noise, fully cleaned out, not bent)?

What brand is the thermal paste that you bought ?? and how did you apply it? an even thin layer enough to cover the chip fully but not too much so that it's overflowing on it?

Edit: Also forgot to ask, have you checked the Motherboard Chips to see if they are overheating? I've seen that a lot but you said that your temp. monitor programs say it is for sure the CPU so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overheating-problem.208366/
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I am just trying to pick some brains on what could be causing my overheating issue.

PC Specs:
Pentium D 805 (stock fan)
Raidmax Virgo 811W Case
1GB DDR 3200 RAM
Intel D101GGC motherboard

my proc clocks in at a hot 85c on average, but when i try to do ordinary tasks such as install some programs or use hardcore flash games, my computer shuts down and when i reboot its between 95c and 98c (hot as hell) anybody got any ideas on how i can fix this cooling issue and quick?

try turning off the computer for an hour then open the side of the computer case and run it like u do any other day and see how hot it gets

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-problem.82885/
Relevancy 43%

Hi thanks for any advice in advance... I hope
My computer overheats quite easy. I noticed this being bored having my temp monitor running while switching through webpages really fast and it went from 50 (average temp) to about 70. My computer also shuts off during games (crysis, bioshock...) and that’s a little irritating.

I have about 3 fans excluding CPU and the PSU. I have 1 on the side for the CPU (air blows in), 1 on the front, and 1 on the back. I am pretty confused why this is happening. Also its a pretty cheapo case...it was my first time putting together a pc...but any help onto fixing this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 43%

out of nowhere my graphic card has been overheating severely. I haven't overclocked or done anything, in fact ive lowered the clock rates of the card after it started to overheat. i went away for 3 days came back and within 10 minutes of rebooting the computer it shot up to 60 degrees celcius. it never used to do this, staying around 50... any tips? new psu?

Relevancy 43%

Hello, I built my own computer about 3 years ago. A few days back it started shutting down by itself and I dont mean the windows shutdown. It just shuts off like theres no power. i've just started troubleshooting it but I dont understand whats wrong.

I downloaded this utility called SpeedFan and it showed me the core temp around 60 deg C. As far as I know, thats quite hot and maybe thats shutting it down. I changed the heatsink and even the compound between the sink and the CPU. Its got three 80mm fans inside and one 120mm fan cooling the SMPS.

Any other ideas?

System specs are,

Asus M2R32-MVP motherboard
2 GB DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 4650 512 MB graphics
320 GB and 1 TB HDDs

Relevancy 43%

Well Recently I Posted About A Harddrive Failure...When It Really Wasnt A Harddrive Failure....Because I Just Figured Out That My Computer Is Like A Microwave...

My Setup:

3.0E Pentium 4 Prescott
1GB Kingson PC3200 Ram
160GB 7200RPM Western Digital Harddrive
X800GTO 256MB Video Card
5.1 Soundblaster Live
The Reason I Dont Understand Why It Would Overheat Is Because I Have A Performance CPU Fan, 3 80MM Fans, Side Airduct, And A Side Panel

My Computer Only Restarts From The Overheating When I Play Battlefield 2...

Please Help Me...

Thanks

Just0

Relevancy 43%

Hey Recently my PC has been shutting down mainly while playing newer games but also while doing many things at the same time - scanning installing programs web surfing etc It just turns off with no warning or anything At first this only happened during games so I thought it might just be an old not powerful enough PSU But after monitoring the tempuratures of certain components with SpeedFan I ve noticed that when Temp gets to C it shuts down Two games which get Temp that high are Call Of Duty and GRID All other games never reach this high Screenshot below As you can see I m running COD in a tiny windowed mode with all settings set to low I have de-dusted my PC with compressed air to no avail I ve also Problem Overheating had the case open in an air conditioned room which only delayed the inevitable by a few minutes I ve checked that all fans in my PC case are working fine all spinning at a fast pace My PC specs are - Windows XP SP - AMD Athlon tm X Dual Overheating Problem Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz - GB NVIDIA GeForce GT - W PSU - GB RAM x GB sticks I m out of ideas of what to do next Any advice is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hello about a year ago Problem Overheating the existing PSU in my aging desktop decided it had had enough and went Overheating Problem into retirement with no notice whatsoever as a result of this I was given a spare one by a friend W I can t remember what the power rating was on the original PSU anyway I have been having lockup and shutdown problems usually when doing a system security scan or anything involving lots of graphics when the PSU case gets quite hot The thing is I m not sure if this is a case of the PSU not being powerful enough or a CPU problem and since I have no other PSU to test by replacement I risk possible unnecessary expense I have monitored CPU voltage during Disk Cleanup and it only varies between V to V and on the PSU the only voltage that shows any variation is the - V line which sometimes rises to about - V However the internal case temperature rises from about c to c before the system shuts down without any warning Can anyone give any indication of whether this is a PSU or CPU problem Any help much appreciated thank you The motherboard in an NEC INTEL i version x northbridge - Intel i revision A southbridge - Intel BA ich rev A CPU - Intel R Celeron R GHz Socket uPGA Mb of RAM nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-problem.865970/
Relevancy 43%

hi my pc has just turned itself off after overheating, i left it to cool down for about 2 hours then turned it back on and it wont start up it sometimes it plays 5 beeps, and other times it plays repeating short beeps and sometimes 1 short, 1 long beep. what is wrong

A:pc overheating problem

Do a search here or at the web of the manufacturer of your Bios, Award ,etc. for the beep code error messages meaning.
Before you turn your machine on again ,you might want to try and figure out why it overheated in the first place.It only takes seconds to fry a CPU.
Are all fans running?Clean/reapply thermal Paste to CPU/heatsink.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-overheating-problem.30041/
Relevancy 43%

As some of you may know, I have changed my case. It is a Micro BTX case and has an intake fan in the front, an exhaust fan in the back, and one on the graphics card. My speedfan temps read:
Temp1 77F
Temp2 93F
Temp3 79F
Local 100F
Remote 127F ---???
Core 111F
Are these running too hot? I have an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 3800+
I went out to Best Buy and got a spot fan from Antec for $20 and it diddnt seem to have much of an effect

The temps which are in degrees Fahrenheit are fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-problem.590106/
Relevancy 43%

Hello i m using an ATI Radeon X Series Video card and I am in dire need of some help It is a mb video card with an AMD Athlon X Dual core processor and x mb of ram and so far although the performance hasn t seemed to be affected I ve noticed some overheating problem Serious scary temperatures on the Serious overheating problem catalyst control center I now have a beside fan on it and on desktop it is about C right now but when i play video games World of Warcraft it can run at a worrying - degrees celsius even at lowest quality in the game options With the bedside fan on it the temperatures aren t too different Serious overheating problem than that of with the side case on which is also - The power supplt is Purepower W and im not sure of the motherboard specifications I havent checked the Processor fan but i can if needed and i can also upload a picture of my case Serious overheating problem if anyone would like it Any help would really be appreciated thanks a lot P S although i am not computer illiterate i may not understand the latest computer talk nbsp

A:Serious overheating problem

hi, you can beter download ati tool from here(http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Tweaking/ATITool) install it and in the settings you can change the cooling options. You can change it to set it dynamicly or others, just choose the temperature and set how fast fan have to spin in %. succes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-overheating-problem.75314/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I'm typing this from my desktop computer I own a Vista with a major problem It overheats badly It randomly shuts down every - minutes I know that Problem Overheating Major this is due to overheating A couple seconds after I turn the laptop on the keys become too hot to touch I know Major Overheating Problem that loads of dust are clogging up the internals and that the Vista needs to be cleaned out Now I know what you're all thinking Disassemble it and use a can of compressed air blah Major Overheating Problem blah blah That's where the problem comes in My Vista was manufactured under the assumption that nothing bad would happen It's impossible to disassemble This was intentional Unscrewing all the visible bolts under the computer does nothing It even says this in the User's Manual The air vents are very thin You couldn't stick a thumbtack in there If I can't disassemble it then surely there is no way to clean the innards I brought the laptop to a Best Buy store They told me this They informed me that there is nothing that they could do because of the design of this Vista If you have some idea please help A week ago this problem was nonexistent I have some really important documents saved in that Vista ALSO I have no idea why the area under my name says that I have a bit Vista not a

A:Major Overheating Problem

Hello, you failed to mention make and model of the computer in question . Laptop with Vista is all i see you posted .

http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/295171-major-overheating-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everyone I tried posting my problem on Asus forums since that s who makes my motherboard but Overheating/Misreading Problem they don t respond hardly ever Here is the post that I made on their forums so I don t have to retype everything ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Alright I ve been trying to fix this problem on and off for about years now so my mind is a little cloudy But I m going to try and find an answer to this question without having to give any background information First off I found this little FAQ sublink on the side of the page that relates to my problem but I m not Overheating/Misreading Problem sure if it is my problem http support asus com faq faq aspx no FEA BA- DA- Overheating/Misreading Problem DC-C CD- D FB E amp SLanguage en-us I believe this is the problem I have but I am not sure I use Asus Probe to monitor my CPU temperature and it says my CPU is at C whereas my BIOS says is running at about C I checked in the Asus Probe configuration and it auto configured itself to the A N X motherboard which is the one I have I m almost positive that Asus Probe is configured correctly and to backup my theory I checked the motherboard temperature on both the BIOS and Asus Probe and both checked out to around C I have the latest BIOS update so that s not an issue at least I hope not Anyways now for the question part Is it safe to set my BIOS to ignore its CPU temperature reading And if it is safe how would I go about doing this After years or so this is the only thing I can think of that makes my computer turn off I have tried pretty much everything to cool down my CPU so unless a faulty processor could be causing my problem which I believe it s not since I m pretty sure I ve had it working in the past I think my only option is to override the BIOS reading Here are some things I ve tried Bought a heatsink fan that looks like a darn jet engine bought the Arctic Silver thermal paste which is supposed to be the best kind bought a fan kit that mounts to a PCI slot with fans on it and tried switching PSUs with no luck Currently I have the side of my case open with a window fan blowing straight into my computer to try and cool off my already underclocked processor Oh yeah I also have a case with x mm fans one on the bottom front sucking in and another on the middle back blowing out PLEASE help me because I m not sure if the two are related but my head hurts and there are holes in my walls just kidding ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have an A N X motherboard with an AMD Athlon XP CPU Basically what I m wondering is if I can be sure that Asus Probe is accurate since it reads what motherboard I have correctly Is there a way I can make sure it is right And if it is how do I go about overridding the auto shutdown when my CPU gets too hot Lastly is it safe to do this when my BIOS is reading that high of a temperature even if it s false Any help is greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Okay so I'm completely broke right now. and my cpu is overheating after it shuts off my cpu temp is at 75 =( and that is not good for AMD or so I read. I have a desk fan blowing on it and it still happens I'm running AMD x2 4000 2.1ghz any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have thermal paste if anyone thinks I should reapply it.

Relevancy 42.57%

I got my pc mainly to play games but i am having a overheating problem. When my pc is idle it runs at 30c/40c but when i play any game it will rocket to over 100c and cause my pc to overheat and turn off! I have 3 fans and the side panel is off And it is even next to a open window. Pleases help!

MJ.

A:Huge overheating problem

give the specs of your setup first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huge-overheating-problem.150337/
Relevancy 42.57%

Im Possible or overheating problem spyware actually not sure which forum I should be in but here it is My computer keeps beeping in steady intervals It only happens Possible overheating or spyware problem once in awhile but its more than it should It will beep for so long and automatically shuts off I don t understand what is going on Also my computer will sometimes go blank Either all white blue or yellow Please Help I am going to add this if it helps any Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C WINDOWS system ZoomingHook exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system TCtrlIOHook exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SMSTray exe C Program Files MarkAny ContentSafer MAAgent exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEye exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ... Read more

Relevancy 42.57%

I recently got a computer from my friend because he couldn t figure out how to install windows on it The first day I had it I was able to play games and surf the internet with no problems at all And then it started shutting off randomly My first thought was to reapply the thermal of the time when I ve had problems that overheating problem Motherboard/CPU s solved it No luck this time So I downloaded core temp And at idle it says my cores are roughly c and c As soon as I started a game the temps jump up to c and keep rising Which threw me off as Motherboard/CPU overheating problem it rises about degrees the moment the game opens which seemed a little too fast to me So I thought perhaps my heatsink cooling fan was not functioning properly and replaced that No go I bought a new heatsink entirely instead of the stock one The Arctic Freezer pro rev Still shuts off I changed the power supply for one I know works Still shutting off I noticed that my motherboard diodes are getting extremely hot and positioned a fan onto it and now my temps do stay a bit cooler but still not a safe range Specs AMD Athlon X dual core GHz Gigabyte M PME-S P gig RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT Windows XP pro service pack fans plus CPU and adjustable fan on my power supply I ve gone into the bios and everything is getting the correct volts nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a acer aspire 5735z that I installed a new HDD and windows 8 on, it's all working fine except it randomly overheats and shuts down, I removed a stick of ram as it seemed to be bad anyway and it improved it somewhat, I've just put some new thermal paste on the cpu and gpu (replacing the old stuff which had worn off) which seems to help. I'm not sure how to change the fan speeds, but did clean it out.

heres my speedfan results:

HD1 - 53c
Temp1- 58c
Temp2- 57c
Core0- 84c
Core1- 84c

what do I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-overheating-problem.1077945/
Relevancy 42.57%

i got problem, need help... my cpu temp are at 50'C idle.. and exceed 60'C while playing games.. sometime my comp restart automatically... while playing game(need for speed underground 2) or any programs.. my fan ran at high speed and very loud sound.. last week i bought a new cpu fan "Hyper 48, Cooler Master".. the sound reduced but the temperature at 50'C+ at idle.. i really dont know whats the prob... my ambient temp also high, 40'C+... any ideas?? :\

A:What`s wrong??? Overheating problem!!!

Alright i HAVE to presume you havnt done the obvious so sorry if you have.

Try to:
Reapply the thermal paste to CPU
Remove the dust from heatsink, I mean FULLY clean it...

Also i would like to know what your processor is,
Any other high temps? like case etc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-s-wrong-overheating-problem.45286/
Relevancy 42.57%

A while ago I had been having overheating problems, and put a new video card cooler in. I decided to wait another week to put in the CPU fan that I had bought. Earlier today, my computer started overheating, and before I turned it off, all of the fans just stopped. Nothing. The computer didnt turn off. If I try to turn it on, the lights will come on but no fans or anything. No loading screens. Are some of my parts fried? I want to get this fixed asap

Relevancy 42.57%

hi guys I have got a HP Pabilion DV laptop which should still be the latest model on the market For the recent few months I have been monitoring the temperature of it and when i bought it for the first months it was running absolutely fine no problems But recent months the graphic card itself has degraded performance the window rating does actually notified me that it needed a update due to change in performance and it appears that the score for my graphic card has been lowered Okay this is not the main concern for now it is that the cpu idle overheating laptop seriously problem temperature now is around - degree celcius and under high requirement gaming for the first mins or so it shoots up to gt and continue at this temp and the fan is running like mad as if it has a turbo or supercharger on it I have got a external laptop seriously overheating problem cooling fan underneath the laptop as well The fact that i cant open up the fan and clean it is actually a pain in the but i cant really see the dust cause the main issues here Having been researching about other laptop i temp I found that it suppose to be at much lower temperature The casing on my laptop is aluminium when it is heated I absolutely can bear with the heat especially on the top left corner of the laptop where the fan is it is a frying pan But I also hope the fact that these metal casing do help remove heat better than a hopeless plastic one acting like a heat sink Please if anyone have any idea what is the problem and what i can really do about it nbsp

A:laptop seriously overheating problem

In all honesty if there is not a large ammount of dust, and you are running a cooler pad. I would contact the manufacturer. They may have seen the issue before, or you may have a fan or sensor that has gone bad. Start with them, and see what they have to say, then let us know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-seriously-overheating-problem.986001/
Relevancy 42.57%

Computer specs Case CM Storm enforcer Brand PC, new overheating problem with a m intake fan at the front bottom of the case and a mm outtake fan at the top-back of the case CPU Cooler Xigmatek Prime SD with two mm fans I think they re mm one for intake another for outtake CPU Intel Core i GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX So I got this computer literally one week ago and the threshold that it s deeming to be too hot Brand new PC, overheating problem is degrees Celsius I ve heard from other people quot over is a bit bad Brand new PC, overheating problem quot quot it can handle quot quot it can handle up to quot so I m really not too sure if is an okay temperature for my CPU to be running at It gets this hot when I run diablo at max settings - but when I play tribes ascend at max it can get to degrees Every game play the temp is always over I ll be getting a mm outtake fan for the top of the case anyday now which I m hoping will help but I d really like some helpful advice please The computer is located on top of my desk which is on the opposite side of the room to my window I can include other specs I just included what I thought to be the necessary ones nbsp

A:Brand new PC, overheating problem

That sounds too hot, make sure your CPU HSF is mounted properly and that you haven't applied too much thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-pc-overheating-problem.182598/
Relevancy 42.57%

I wanted to post my experience in case others are having the same problem I have a Dell Latitude D with the Quadro NVS M graphics card I have been running Windows bit since the beta started I switched to RC when it came out again bit I just last week installed the bit RTM professional code Since installing the RTM code my system has shutdown three days in a row due to overheating This did not happen in Beta or RC This was a clean install Technically I guess it was a clean upgrade from a clean RC install What I have found out so far is that at some point during the day svchost exe freaks out and starts eating up RTM Windows Problem Overheating 7 of the CPU This causes the Windows 7 RTM Overheating Problem CPU to heat up and eventually overheats My fans are working fine I tested them using Dell Diagnostics I do need to blow out my system which will help However the root cause is svchost exe freaking out and running constantly The first two times it overheated it happened while I was away from my computer I came back to my desk and it would not come out of sleep Well I thought it was sleeping but it was dead I had to power it off and back on then I saw the error message about overheating The third day I noticed Windows running slower then the fans switched from low to high So I started looking at the Task Manager and found svchost exe going wild Then it shutdown before I had time to troubleshoot more I downloaded SpeedFan to monitor temperatures and Process Explorer to see more information Day four svchost exe freaked out again and I could see my CPU cores heating up I checked Process Explorer and Smart Card SCardSrv service appears to be the culprit I tried killing that thread both in Process Explorer and by stopping the SmartCard service and both failed So I rebooted before it overheated and all was well after the reboot I do not yet know the root cause or the exact trigger for scardsrv dll freaking out I do not use Smart Cards so I will likely try disabling that service and see if the CPU utilization problem and eventual overheating goes away If I find out any more I will post back here Hopefully this helps someone else Jamie

A:Windows 7 RTM Overheating Problem

I did some more testing this morning and I have two updates.

The trigger is for the svchost.exe / scardsrv.dll cpu utilization problem is to sleep the computer twice in a row. I can reproduce this by...

1. Fresh boot.
2. Log in.
3. Wait for things to calm down.
4. Sleep the laptop.
5. Wait a minute.
6. Wake it up.
7. Wait a minute for things to calm down.
8. Sleep the laptop a second time.
9. Wake it up.
10. Wait a few seconds and svhost.exe goes to 50%. Then confirm with ProcessExplorer that it is Smart Card (SCardSrv) thread causing the problem.

This explains why the overheating happens late in the work day for me. It takes coming out of sleep two times for it to happen then time for it to run the CPU cores till they get too hot.

The second update is that disabling the Smart Card service does prevent this problem.

I suppose if I wasn't too busy or had a spare D620 I would try this on a totally clean system with no 3rd party software. Then if it still happened I would try the 32bit version. I think for now I'm sticking with the disabled Smart Card service.

I posted this as a overheating problem, though others might first see this as a performance problem, or CPU ultilization problem depending on how quickly you catch the problem or how good your cooling system is.

Anyways, hopefully this helps someone else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/28709-windows-7-rtm-overheating-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi guys, first of all sorry if my english is bad it's not my native one.
Then to go to the problem...in the last couple days out of nowhere overheating on my cpu and gpu appeared...i have an "AMD X2 [email protected] GHZ" and "Nvidia GeForce [email protected] MB".And as for the GPU the 70+,80 temperature is normal while i'm playing games for the CPU 70+is a little bit too high i think.So i opened the pc and cleaned the fans of both the cpu and gpu and on the top of that i have a fan that is especially to cool the video card.Now both cores at idle are about 22/21 and CPU @ idle is 43 degrees.So any idea if this overheating of the CPU mostly is dangerous and should i be worried about or i'm just paranoic lol..

Relevancy 42.57%

When i bought my laptop the fan never kicked on, but after i started doing video encoding, it started staying on even if it was doing nothing but being on, and when i play some games, even old ones, the computer will shut itself off to prevent cpu damage, i suspect that it has to do with the heatsink being dusty, seeing as me and my roomate are both smokers, so if anyone has any ideas, i would be very appreciative,

Also, i messed up my headphone jack a while back and now it doesn't really work, so if anyone has any ideas or tips for either problem i'd really appreciate it
here are my system specs

Emachines M6807
Mobile Athlon 64 3000+
512 MB RAM
60 GB HD
ATI Radeon 9600 w/64 mb ram
2.4x dual format DVD burner

A:Problem with laptop overheating

You never mention how old the machine is, or whether it is under warranty or not.

If the option exists, send it in for service.

If not an option, are you willing to disassemble it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-laptop-overheating.365366/
Relevancy 42.57%

I ve looked around the forum and overheating normal Not problem... you cannot find an answer the thing is my problem isn t well normal For years ive had my pc and i mean YEARS and Not you normal overheating problem... not a problem that i couldnt fix but now im just confused i have AMD Athlon this is an old processor and to make it worse its not an AMD xp or its commanly an AMD Athlon and at load Not you normal overheating problem... up the computer doesnt reconise it it says AMD Athlon Unknown MB of RAM x and x ATI Radeon PRO MB Theres my basic computer my PSU is a Watt and i have Fans to cool down the case big fans now for the problem sorry for delay Years ago my CPU was fine but i thought it would be cool to check the temp with Mother board monitor a freeware thing i found and it showed my CPU at - C i thought this couldnt possibly be right i had no problems with freezing or resetting before or even at the time so i thought nothing of it and continued using my pc Years later with STILL no problems i go and buy a game called Guild Wars and i play it fine then one day it freezes i have to restart no quit to desktop or anything a restart which is not usual for me i continue to play the game for mins then again restart needed hmmm somethings not right none stop freezeing in the game so i suspect overheating i contact support at guild wars and they reply with it sounds like an overheating issue ok tell me something i dont know so i check the temp through MBM again and its - C constantly again this cant be right can it I decide to test this by cleaning out the dust from EVERYWHERE reapplying thermal paste and putting a house fan near the open case the MBM now says C which is still way to high to be normal right well i thought it was cause my CPU is old im not too sure Right theres my basic story and heres the reason its so odd my computer runs fine no problems no freezing no jerking blue screens or restarting showning me that maybe the temp gauge is wrong but this game Guild Wars is the only game to freeze on me every other game runs fine even on full graphics i play games like Doom Half-life F E A R etc Could someone possibly give me an explanation to whats going on its not a comman overheating issue my pc is stable even through these temperatures its all down to guild wars freezing cleaning out my heatsink fan and CPU has cooled it down but only by C currently still running at C and when strained with tasks runs at C I hope this is descriptive enough description of whats happening please help i plan on getting a new CPU within the month anyway but im really out of things to do Thanks - Mike nbsp

A:Not you normal overheating problem...

Anyone? its still happening and i have tried absolutly everything, apart from throwing the CPU across the room (close though)...

When playing the game i have a fear that it will lock up each time it freezes but soon after it will jerk back into play, but this happens every 2-5 minutes, and it will always lock up at some point.

The longest ive played without lock up is 20 minutes... then i just boot my pc again and no problems until i get back into the game... its not right at all (obviously)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-you-normal-overheating-problem.44704/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,
I'm new on this forums some I'm going to be as clear as possible:

I bought my HP Pavilion dv6-3016AX about two weeks ago and play mostly Minecraft (90%) or CS Source (10%) .... And I experience REAL HIGH heat: goes between 80'C-97'C !

I cleaned it, openned it, cleanned the fans, cleanned the suction openings,cleanned the heatsink, etc .....

Nothing works !!! Please help meeeee >.<

HP Pavilion dv6-3016AX:

AMD Phenom II N930 Quad-core 2GHz (each)
RAM 4Gb
AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Relevancy 42.57%

PC Specs CPU AMD Phenom II x T GHz Stock cooler NOT Overclocked MB ASUS M A GPU Radeon HD GB GDDR RAM GB DDR HyperX MHz running at OS Windows Ultimate -bit Hello So these last couple of days I ve been struggling to fix my CPU Overheating Overheating Solved: problem CPU problem The first time I noticed this problem was when I was watching a Twitch stream using Google Chrome and I had a few other tabs opened gag YouTube Facebook and all of a sudden I got BSOD the dump process went up to and then the whole PC just froze so I had to manually restart it Upon booting I got a message saying quot CPU Temperature too Solved: CPU Overheating problem high please Solved: CPU Overheating problem enter setup quot So I did and I saw that the temperature was around degrees celsius I turned off my PC and waited a while turned it on and this time it booted normally and when I checked the temp using Solved: CPU Overheating problem HWMonitor it was sitting around - degrees idle with cpu usage at - which I think is weird btw my room is cold since I only turn on the heating when it get s below outside The BSOD happened more times of which twice when I was playing a game quot Grey Goo quot I used an ingame cpu temp monitor and noticed that the temperature went from to degrees in minutes of playing p s I had a svchost exe virus located in Windows Temp folder which according to VirusTotal was a BitCoin miner It was starting with windows and using around of my CPU but now I have it quarantined with Malwerbytes Premium Things I ve tried so far Cleaning the PC from dust Replacing thermal paste Changing the Minimum processor state to it was set to by Razer Cortex Power Plan Using SpeedFan to run the CPU fan at - RPM Scanning and cleaning the PC with Malwerbytes ComboFix RogueKiller ADWCleaner Avast Home Edition Spybot Search amp Destroy Things I haven t tried Installing a fresh copy of windows Hopefully things that you guys will advise me to do Sorry for writing a new Harry Potter book but I wanted to include as many details as I can Cheers nbsp