Windows Support Forum

I need to replace Explorer XP.

Q: I need to replace Explorer XP.

I need to replace Explorer XP ExplorerXP has been my file browser of choice for years but it s acting up now It takes forever to start up I m looking into that but if my search for an answer is fruitless I want a free file browser that s just as good Here are the features I loved in ExplorerXP Mass renaming I could trim text from insert text into and do find replace on several filenames at once There are file renamers out there that do this but I don t do it that often to be using I need XP. to Explorer replace a program solely dedicated to that Maybe I can change that Groups You could quot bookmark quot a list of folders into a group that you could access as if it were the quot Folders quot pane of Windows You expand the group and click the folder you want This is the feature I want most Tabbed Browsing Like Firefox Internet Explorer you had just ONE window of ExplorerXP open and could have several folders open within it Just click the tabs to go to them Window View I couldn t find the right name for this You could have or more folders at the same time but have them all take up their own section of space in the ExplorerXP window There s probably more that I m blanking on right now but those are the broad strokes If someone has a recommendation of a file browser that at least has of the I need to replace Explorer XP. features mentioned above I d appreciate it BTW Speaking of file renaming is there a mass renaming app out there that can detect a Creative Zen Vision M ExplorerXP could never see it and I think that s because the Zen doesn t have a drive letter or something nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I need to replace Explorer XP.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey

i just downloaded a windows 7 theme from deviantart,
however the start menu doesn't chance and i asked the author of it and he tells me i need to chance the explorer.exe with the one that came with his theme.

But i can't replace it because windows 7 isn't allowing me to do it because of lack of rights. wich i should have since im the only user on my computer and with fully administrative rights.

I also have taken ownership of the file, but i still cannot replace the original explorer.exe file

here is a link to the theme how it should look like: Link to the theme: Clearscreen Sharp for Windows7 by *K-Johnson on deviantART

A:Replace explorer.exe with another?

Not replace.
Rename the explorer.exe and drag the new explorer.exe in /windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/46312-replace-explorer-exe-another.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Whomever designed windows win explorer must have been high on some really weird drug What is with should to Want 8 explorer.exe, replace win I? all the user accts Try finding a file you were working on under the file with your name on it Gone It took me minutes to find it had put what I was working on under User folder documents not pictures within another folder drove me insane I have found sites that offer alternatives to win explorer like Free Want to replace win 8 explorer.exe, should I? Commander etc Are these safe to use Can one delete some of these redundant folders on win I have posted images so you will understand better I don't to share everything with all photos trying to find where it finally put the darn folder is impossible Can I install Free Commander or similar programs and have a closer to win xp or win experience sorry for the rant but it took me over min to find a folder I had worked on saved then tried to get back to jhona

A:Want to replace win 8 explorer.exe, should I?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-menu-in-windows-8-with-classic-shell/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535953/want-to-replace-win-8-explorerexe-should-i/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Gateway md2614u laptop os Win7 home 32bit. Right now I use FreeCommander instead of Windows Explorer. FreeCommander meets my needs except for 1 bug. Sometimes FreeCommander will lock up when I right click on a file or dir. Normally if I go into Windows Explorer and del the file or dir and do it over again or open the file in Windows Explorer, that fixes the problem. It is an annoying little bug. Is there any other freeware prog's like FreeCommander available that don 't have the bug in it?
Steve

A:i am looking for a prog to replace windows explorer with

Hi Steve ... Have you tried Multi Commander or Q- Dir it even has a portable version

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/292259-i-am-looking-prog-replace-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Well Explorer) best (Replace peformance My tweak yet I've been My best peformance tweak yet (Replace Explorer) running Windows since Beta Beta was great Beta great RC great but since the final code there is most definitely some problems with the way Windows Explorer performs in the final code particularly on X systems Simple operations like cutting and pasting files can drastically slow down your machine and you can see from my specs I certainly do not run a piss willy machine My best peformance tweak yet (Replace Explorer) by any standards Regardless of any tweaks I've tried copying and pasting files copying files over the network and a quot simple quot thing like emptying the recycle bin can turn out to be a real time waster of note The problem is that copying and pasting files is actually a very simple process but somehow Microsoft engineers found a way of complicating this in the final code I work with massive graphics files ranging from mb to Gb in size and moving them around is a royal pain Simply trying to move x Gb files can see explorer snap up - Gb of memory and hold that memory ransom for up to minutes Then the actual cut and past operation involved can take a good minutes to complete and after that explorer still holds the memory ransom for an extended amount of time I've tested this on machines now all running Win x and they all show the same behaviour and I've noticed a lot of people complaining about it in Microsoft's technet forums only to be met with denialism Well the problem DOES indeed exist and I finally found a way out of it That is to completely stop using Windows Explorer I did a lot of reading prior to choosing an explorer replacement and after several hours of reading blogs and forums I decided to try DirectoryOpus and boy was I surprised or shall I say shocked I was able to move files with a total size of Gb from one drive to the next in a matter of approx minutes without as much as - mb of a memory footprint being used by this application and no after effect of memory being hogged How on earth is is that they can get it right but Microsoft cannot I then tried copying files over a network and the speed of that is about faster than copying them through Windows Explorer again how can they achieve this and Microsoft not I am thrilled I found this program it is a total lifesaver and I will personally never rely on Windows Explorer ever again can't believe it actually took me so long to find it I've been pulling my hair out for months since the RTM of Win The application is certainly not cheap but the cost for me is recouped with the time it saves me in one day I love Windows but there is most certainly some serious flaws in the way Microsoft deals with files in Windows Explorer on Win but I certainly do not have time waiting for a solution or a service pack Everything else functions at full speed and this OS running on an Intel SSD is so snappy it has to be seen to be believed which is why you can imagine my dismay at the speed of copying files Anyhow I had to share this info as I have had such a frustrating few months losing valuable work time waiting for files to copy and I KNOW there are many others out there who will jump at a way of speeding their file copying up I most certainly do not know or work for the manufacturer of Directory Opus but can only commend them on a sterling product and recommend this to others I would have killed to find a post like this in the last months of searching forums for a solution to the file copying problems

A:My best peformance tweak yet (Replace Explorer)

I've read a few things about replacing explorer and how it can improve speed, but not actually tried it. I'll have a look and see for myself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/81111-my-best-peformance-tweak-yet-replace-explorer.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi folks,

Is it possible to replace the Explorer.exe in Windows Developer Preview without making Windows to shut down the new Explorer.exe?

The problem is: Windows is checking if the Explorer.exe is genuine, and if it finds out that it isn`t, Windows doesn`t want to run the new Explorer.exe and Windows doesn`t work anymore.

Thanks.

A:Replace Explorer.exe without demaging Windows?

What makes you think windows is checking if explorer.exe is genuine?

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/2539-replace-explorer-exe-without-demaging-windows.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I Made a windows replacement shell and dont know how to make it startup insted of explorer I want to replace that where can i find where to put it in regedit but when i type explorer just a lot of numbers and lettles how can i replace that. I know how to do it in windows xp but not windows 8, please help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25623-replace-windows-explorer-my-shell-how.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Caught a virus and have been trying to clean it http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html but since infection there has been no explorer exe process on boot-up so I have no desktop icons or taskbar Was told to post problem in explorer.exe after virus, permission no corrupt to replace this forum -- Was instructed to overwrite it in C WINDOWS from other locations explorer exe backed up but explorer exe could not be located in C WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i or C WINDOWS system dllcache the virus deleted it from both locations after the first time I tried to copy it I just tried explorer.exe corrupt after virus, no permission to replace to copy a clean version of explorer exe from a different computer transferred by USB stick over the corrupted explorer exe in the C WINDOWS folder However I could not delete it or copy over it -- I just got a error quot Windows cannot access the specified explorer.exe corrupt after virus, no permission to replace device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot Can not click on it to start the service same error Any help would be appreciated I have been able to access files through the task manager and my computer may still be infected Thanks

A:explorer.exe corrupt after virus, no permission to replace

Malware and the cleaning process...may result in damaged system files.I would try a repair install of XP myself...but you could also try running the sfc /scannow command.How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248360/explorerexe-corrupt-after-virus-no-permission-to-replace/
Relevancy 46.87%

This problem started about the middle of November My Windows Explorer exe NOT IE frequently locks up or slows almost to a stop when I click on a in Corrupt VISTA to How Windows Explorer.exe Replace a Folder in a quot My Computer quot window Today I How to Replace a Corrupt Windows Explorer.exe in VISTA installed a CPU Usage Tool and How to Replace a Corrupt Windows Explorer.exe in VISTA was shocked to see both cores jump to usage as soon as I clicked on a folder I tried four times rebooting before each try and each time I had the same MAXING out of the CPU usage My VISTA PC is a DELL Inspiron laptop I have tried numerous times to fix this problem I have deleted temps deleted cookies and history How to Replace a Corrupt Windows Explorer.exe in VISTA defragged times counting today restored to an earlier time reinstalled VISTA SP ran Norton Internet Security and Windows Defender and a couple weeks ago I even installed WISE REGISTRY CLEANER and WISE DISK CLEANER however they did not solve the problem tho they did help my PC boot a little quicker I can navigate fine with the address bar but NOT by clicking on folders under My Computer I came to the conclusion that the Windows Explorer exe is probably corrupt so I went searching for a Windows Explorer update for VISTA or a reinstallation file for that program However I could not find the deep dark hole they hid them in Any ideas on how to get that Windows Explorer for VISTA back to normal without totally reinstalling VISTA because in that case I would go back to XP Pro DC

A:How to Replace a Corrupt Windows Explorer.exe in VISTA

Run the System File Checker/ SFC -

START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | right-click on cmd.exe | select run as Administrator | the black command prompt ("DOS") screen will appear | type the following:

Code:
sfc /scannow
Upon completion re-boot to allow files in use to be repaired.

SFC general info - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212

SFC & the CBS log - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-replace-a-corrupt-windows-explorer-exe-in-vista-445921.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I've come across mentions of this but haven't really looked into it. How far can such replacement go?

Please tell me about specific programs.
Computer
Dell Computer Dimension 2400 (desktop) 2003
Operating System
Windows XP Home Edition (original and pre-installed) 32-bit SP3
reinstalled 02-20-2014
CPU
Intel Pentium 4
Northwood 0.13um Technology
RAM
2.00GB DDR @ 166MHz (2.5-3-3-7)
Motherboard
Dell Computer Corp. 0G1548 (Microprocessor)
Graphics
Default Monitor ([email protected])
Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (Dell)
Storage
80 GB Seagate ST380011A (ATA) 28 C
3.94 GBGB Lexar USB Flash Drive USB Device (USB)
500.11 GB HGST USB Device (external hard drive)
Optical Drives
SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S
Audio
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
Anti-Virus
Roboscan

A:Really possible to replace Windows Explorer with a third party program?

Try FreeCommander

There are various other file managers.

Best Free File Managers

https://malwaretips.com/threads/really-possible-to-replace-windows-explorer-with-a-third-party-program.35287/
Relevancy 46.01%

okay I really, really need help

here's the situation i copied file and paste a file to a folder but nothing happened, I have got the same situation for cut.

drag and drop function is also not working
but I still can copy, paste and cut words in word processor such microsoft word ,etc
copy, paste and cut also work well in mozilla

I also have tried to clear registry and tuneup utillties

I also have tried SFC 4x times and reboot and shut down my computer a few times
BTW here's my spec

windows 7 professional 32bit
RAM : 4 gb
AMD Athlon II , X3, 3,0 GHZ

DO i have to format and re-install my windows
my sfc result

A:Can't copy, paste, replace, darg drop in windows explorer, Need help

In my opinion this is a NO NO.
I also have tried to clear registry and tuneup utillties
I would remove that program. Their is no way to know what that program has done so I would recommend doing.
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237465-cant-copy-paste-replace-darg-drop-windows-explorer-need-help.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all The laptop in question is a Toshiba Satellite A -S A few weeks ago it got dropped right on its adapter? Replace the replace the or jack power corner Replace the power jack or replace the adapter? with the power plug still in it the little metal plug of the AC adapter is now slightly crooked and the power jack has a little chip off the plastic part of it Anyway after this mishap it worked fine for another weeks and then suddenly this week it s refusing to power up Its battery has been shot for a while can t hold a charge and I ve been using it with the battery out Why the sudden refusal to boot I took the whole thing apart---minus the little chip the power jack looks totally fine and cosmetically sound Put the whole thing back together taking care to check that plugs were snug---still no power Stuck in the crappy battery booted just fine and then shut itself down after like minutes How likely is it that it s the power jack which is broken And why did it take this long to crap out if it IS broken A new one of those silly jacks costs over on eBay so I want to make sure that it s the jack before I just up and buy one Of course if it s the AC adapter that s broken that would cost even more Bah Input nbsp

A:Replace the power jack or replace the adapter?

AND/OR inside the case the the jack is soldered directly to the motherboard. Is also possible that
1) It's already cracked
2) If not yet, it's gonna crack

So look to see what connection looks like between power jack and motherboard, If you feel u wanna/can re-solder yourself or the typically price to redo the whole power thing seems to run $125 parts/labor/warranty if you take it somewhere. So how much is it all worth to you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-the-power-jack-or-replace-the-adapter.121170/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I need Replace in Find Column) different (but Replace & a to Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column) know if there is a function perhaps a Macro or Query or a more complex Find amp Replace that can accomplish the following cause my database is huge amp I m hoping not to do this manually I keep an Access database for my homeowners association on the condition amp conformity of different exterior attributes for about townhomes The Board of Directors wants to move away from using the term quot Grandfathered quot which is distinguished by the acronym quot GF quot in the database column that shows conformity labeled IAW We use this database to generate annual architectural reports for our residents Our board wants the entry quot GF quot replaced with a quot Y quot they want the GF entry removed from the report completely amp they re serious about it Now I have already created a Query that has located all the GF entries in their various columns of various records which our Board wants me to use in an internal quot in-office quot database in order to keep track of what attributes actually were grandfathered originally as a reference for our field inspector when he inspects the townhomes But we also want to create an unassuming symbol on the report perhaps an or a something that will alert the inspector to an attribute that once was grandfathered on his field report This is to be done so that he will not be flying blind when he comes across a non-conforming attribute i e he will see the symbol amp know that that symbol means there used to be a quot GF quot in it s place BUT we want to move that symbol to a different column a column labeled quot Comments quot I could run the Find amp Replace function find all the GF s amp replace them with a Y but that symbol would go right back in the very same column that the GF came out of So is there a way to find all the GF s in one column amp replace them w a Y in that same column but have a symbol quot quot appear in another column of the same record I know it sounds complicated but can it be done Thanks mark man Access nbsp

A:Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column)

see attached. But actually getting that data back to the table, if that is what you want, is a bit trickier.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-replace-but-replace-in-a-different-column.709333/
Relevancy 40.85%

For some reason W7 has decided to change 'Copy and Replace' with 'Move and Replace' when picking a file up with the left mouse and dragging it to another folder where an old version of the file exists.

My Excel SS is in two places: My desktop and USB which I use for backup. I would simply open the folder on the USB pick up the file on the desktop with the left mouse and drag it to the USB folder. Then I would get the message 'Copy and Replace'.. But not anymore it's become 'Move and Replace'.

I know I can 'Copy and Replace' by holding down the Ctrl key but I dont want to.

It looks like there should be a simple answer

Can anyone help? I swear I didnt change anything.

A:How can I 'Copy and Replace' not 'Move and Replace'.

Hi,
Have you ever tried right click drag and drop ?
There will be a list option after you drop,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334529-how-can-i-copy-replace-not-move-replace.html
Relevancy 39.56%

We have Ecobyte find not replace Need utility and robust Replace - a 2.2 text but Text Like a TON of text based INI files for our companies software deployment scripts We also have a TON of people who use different ways to deploy the same software On one server alone we can have a bunch of different ways people install E G msiexec exe quiet norestart i dfs dfsshare SAV Symant msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt server Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not share WIN Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt msiexec exe quiet norestart i server share SAV WIN Symantec Client Security msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt dfs dfsshare SAV Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt and so on down the line I LIKE the abilities of Ecobyte Replace Text but the problem is I have to type in the whole line as it is in the file to then replace it with the new one for the new deployment What I want to do is have a search based on PART of the line so I can then put in Symant msi and Symantec Client Security msi and replace the ENTIRE line with a new line Is there any multi file utility that allows you to search for part of a text line but replace the entire text line nbsp

A:Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-robust-text-find-and-replace-utility-like-ecobyte-replace-text-2-2-but-not.837870/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok now its been a while since my pc has not been working Ive had it for just over a year now One day i turned it on and it would get to the Bios splash page but it would not go any further There were no beeps nothing All fans run and from what i remember hard drives would start spinning too I thought maybe it was a replace that replace.. is the To to or question. not PSU problem as the PSU would have very subtle flickering sounds almost like sparking cables However after taking the PSU to a technician they said it was working fine This cost me AUD What he then told me was that it may be the mobo But before i go and send it to a proper technician and fork out X amount of money id like to get your opinion As i mentioned above The pc turns on doesnt boot past the BIOS splash screen and just stays there There are odd noises from the PSU Here is my setup ASUS A N -SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon PC- x gb CAS To replace or not to replace.. that is the question. Corsair DDR mem Radeon X GTO Iceturbo Thermaltake w power supply Maxtor gb Maxline III WD Raptor GB Creative Audigy ZS I have not had the guts to take anything out and test them individually But has anyone had or heard of this problem before What could it be about the motherboard that would also make the PSU make that noise Is it just a safety mechanism of the PSU SOS nbsp

A:To replace or not to replace.. that is the question.

Hi and welcome to Techspot!!

Test the RAM sticks individually. One of them might be bad. You can use Memtest86 to try them out.

Also, try them in different memory slots. That sometimes helps.

Regards :wave:

BTW, Great thread title

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-replace-or-not-to-replace-that-is-the-question.75301/
Relevancy 30.53%

ok im not going to waste my i replace should HD? any time here if possible a short yes or no answer would be appreciated first of all let me explain i have been recieving these BSOD stops driver not less or equal stop x D stop x E stop bad pool caller stop x C these happened after installing necessary drivers for video btw should i replace my HD? this is after reinstalling windows for like should i replace my HD? the bazillionth time upon researching these stop errors they all point to bad drivers go here to see for yourself after trying to reformatt hd and should i replace my HD? just reinstalling windows again because just didnt want to go on a driver hunt now when i reformatt the hd and the windows files start to copy one of these stops comes up stop x E or x and after researching these it points to NTFS file system bad writing to hd or something like that and i dont have anything in the comp when trying to reformatt no vid card etc just cpu mobo cd rom hd and mushkin stick of mb ram pc with no errors i checked it several times so my question is should i replace the hd thanks in advance collin nbsp

A:should i replace my HD?

I don`t think you should replace you hard drive just yet.

The fact that you`re getting lots of different stop messages, could be a symptom of faulty ram.

Download the memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

Let the programme run for at least seven passes.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-replace-my-hd.33240/
Relevancy 30.53%

HI iv noticed recently my psu fan does'nt spin on start up, despite the pc starting up normally and working fine.

Sometime i turn off and on then the fan will work also.

Do you think i need to replace my PSU or could it be something else?

A:Should I replace my PSU?

What is the make and model? This is not sounding good what you describe. A good working PSU is the backbone of any system.

Give us the rest of your system hardware including make and model of your motherboard, amount of RAM installed, harddrive and video card. This will help us help you if you feel you need it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-replace-my-psu.135404/
Relevancy 30.53%

Should i replace my 3 month old power supply? I have no issues with it, but am a little worried because it was a "cheap" one.

Its a HEC/ winpower 850 watt.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RETAIL-BOXED-...s_EH?hash=item20ac760353&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Ive read a few reviews about HEC power supplys in general and they seem to get pretty good reviews. My pc needs around 575 watts to run according to my gpu manual. Does anyone have any experience with this brand??

Thanks in advance!

A:Replace new PSU?

If I remember, it is not all that good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-new-psu.134928/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I have a question with E-mail.
I was wondering if after the 2 years I've had this computer if I should change from my Yahoo! & Gmail accounts to Windows Mail, if that's possible.
What are the pro's and con's of switching to Windows Mail?

A:Should I Replace...

Hi Rance, I am unsure about Yahoo but you can access Gmail via Windows Mail. To use Windows mail you still need a provider whether it be your internet provider or the likes of Gmail so i dont see any reason to change anything except enabling your provider from within Windows mail. Here is a tutorial on enabling pop gmail within windows mail
Windows Mail - Gmail Help

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/258536-should-i-replace.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I need some suggestions on a replacment MOBO for a buggy NF S G I have had it for aprox months and it has always given me problems After searching the net and forums I can find no answers to my latest problem which is the l cache being disabled on the processor I have worked for days on it and no l cache Abit forums has a posted thread on this issue and we all seem to be praying for an answer I called NF7 S2G? Replace Microcenter and they have offered me a in store credit and I Replace NF7 S2G? wanted to get a good socket A MOBO that would last at least the general yr warranty any help would be apreciated Athlon XP Barton Mhz NF -S G ver X MB Mushkin PC DDR - - - Nvidia GeForce MX MB GB Maxtor HDD rpm mb GB Maxtor HDD rpm mb FDD TSSTcorp CD DVDW dual layer DiabloTek ATX Mid tower case w mm fan wPSU EnerMax X ultimate fan controller ViewSonic GS- nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-nf7-s2g.330966/
Relevancy 30.53%

Replace faulty HDD with a new 1TB replacement (same size - same brand).  Always get "Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot media..." all to no avail.  Doesn't matter if CD/DVD, external or HDD selected, same message.

A:Cannot replace HDD on TC-605

What operating system came pre-installed on your computer when you bought it? What operating system were you using when you had problems and had to replace your HDD? What BIOS version are you using? What recovery media did you insert in to the USB drive or DVD? Did you create the recovery media by using the link below? http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29934/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDY3MTQ5NjU...  Or did you purchase the recovery media from Acer? http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/ Or are you using vanilla Windows 8.1 or Windows 10? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ Or are you using Windows 7?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Cannot-replace-HDD-on-TC-605/td-p/441321
Relevancy 30.53%

I Don't Have A Disc For Installing Windows Xpi Have Windows Xp Pro On My Dell Laptop Now. I Just Don't Like It. How Can I Go To Xp Without A Disc? Thanks

A:Want To Replace Xp Pro With Just Xp

Quote:

Originally Posted by prissyellowsmom

I Don't Have A Disc For Installing Windows Xpi Have Windows Xp Pro On My Dell Laptop Now. I Just Don't Like It. How Can I Go To Xp Without A Disc? Thanks

Hello prissyellowsmom, Welcome to TSF!

Without a Retail version of a Windows? XP Home? SP2 CD, there is absolutely nothing you can do.
The only solution would be to go to a reputable Computer Store and purchase one.

Sorry there's no magical cure.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/want-to-replace-xp-pro-with-just-xp-247830.html
Relevancy 30.53%

After a series of unstable voltage problem, I couldn?t get into Windows normally (only got into the desktop once, yet shut down within a second following a warning message), so I loaded a Windows CD to the blue Windows Setup stage, I got a message saying ?File setupdd.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 4.? I restarted, I then got ?System 32\DRIVERS\pci.sys is damaged or missing.? in a dark screen. Is my disk still OK? Do I need to replace the HD? Thanks for the answer!

A:Do I need to replace the HD?

Maybe not. Lets focus on your "low voltage problem". Bad power can cause data corruption. Bad power can also permanently kill off hardware, such as a hard drive. We need to first establish if you solved your power issues, and how.

Did you replace the Power Supply? If so, please post manufacturer, model # and rated power output of your current PSU. If not, post the voltages as reported in BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/do-i-need-to-replace-the-hd-672616.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I bought a new 400w psu with my new case. (my mother board had been flakey with lower watt models and wanted to be safe.) It runs great however the fan is a little loud and I'm looking to quiet it down. I was going to replace it with an Enermax 80mm since they're speed ajustable and quiet. I don't come close to using all the connectors provided. I run a CDR, DVD, HDD, floppy and two case fans off of it. Would it be safe to replace it with a potentially lower RPM model like the enermax?

A:replace psu fan?

If you want the power you are going to have to put up with the noise , and the heat . the pentioms caust whay more then the athalons but the one biggy is heat . you gotta cool the **** outa those athalons .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-psu-fan.87957/
Relevancy 30.53%

My P died The repair center failed to fix it so they SSD? with P50: old How to new HDD replace are sending me a new machine To avoid weeks delay I am getting a standard model they have in stock This model has GB spinner HDD it comes with Windows Pro preinstalled I need to remove it and replace with M PCIe NVMe TB SSD from my old machine it runs Windows pro and P50: How to replace new HDD with old SSD? has all my documents I have nbsp found manuals and guides how to do it from the mechanical standpoint but I am still not sure about the right sequence and changes to BIOS nbsp What should I do Options nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp A Don't turn on the computer Instead just unscrew HDD insert M PCIe SSD only then turn the computer on nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp B Turn the computer on with HDD first enter BIOS change from which kind of a disk and which slot it boots only then unscrew HDD insert nbsp M PCIe SSD and after that turn it on again nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C Something else nbsp My guess is that if the machine would come with nbsp M PCIe SSD I could easily replace new with the old one without any hassle but because nbsp it is a different kind of a disk in a different slot I am concerned nbsp I might run into problems

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-How-to-replace-new-HDD-with-old-SSD/td-p/3432665
Relevancy 30.53%

Replace faulty HDD with a new 1TB replacement (same size - same brand).  Always get "Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot media..." all to no avail.  Doesn't matter if CD/DVD, external or HDD selected, same message.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Cannot-replace-HDD-on-TC-605/td-p/441321/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I have a Sleekbook and I wanted to change the hard drive to an SSD(128Gb)HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b005elProduct Number:C5R40EA#ABZREV:1900-100What is best kit for upgrade ?Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Replace hdd with SDD

See the following video list for removal and replacement of the hard disk. ( hard drive assembly)http://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=10862166&MEID=9E11075D-744F-4986-ACA1-547A14CA1B03 What you will need is a SATA mobile 2.5" SSD to replace the legacy spinner hard wisk with. I highly recommend that you replace it by cloning the current disk to the new one.  That is the simplest method. See the sticky I created  in this section  of the forum for details on how that is done.http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-upgrade-your-notebook-to-a-SATA-2-5-quot-SSD/td-p/4563352/jump-to/first-unread-message An SSD of 256 GB or higher capacity is recommended as a replacement for the legacy hard disk currently installed. An SSD of 256 GB or higher capacity will allow for use of the Recovery media that you created with the HP Recovery Media Creator utility. See the following links at NewEgg.com to see what will work. You can only use SATA, SATAII and SATAIII interface SSD disks. None of the other interface types are compatible with your notebook's systemboard and BIOS !!! http://www.newegg.com/Internal-SSDs/SubCategory/ID-636?Tid=11693  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-hdd-with-SDD/td-p/5640368
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi my dad recently acquired a computer from his office and gave it too me to use HP Compaq dx I would love to play games at any What replace? I should graphics level on it but there seems to be some problems I m not What should I replace? sure where the What should I replace? problems arise from as I am a beginner with computers so I m not sure what I ll need to replace here is the dxdiag info so please recommend any changes I need to make in order to play games at a decent level eg mb req with low settings territory ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name PC Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Compaq dx Microtower BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Genuine Intel R CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R GZ Express Chipset Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R GMA DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name igxprd dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD igxpmp sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E - A - CF-EC - C A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek HD Audio output Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RtkHDAud sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Realtek HD Audio Input Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name RtkHDAud sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFF ----------- DirectMusic ----------- DLS Path C WINDOWS SYSTEM drivers GM DLS DLS Version Acceleration n a Ports Microsoft Synthesizer Software Not Kernel Mode Output DLS Internal Default Port Microsoft MIDI Mapper Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS Internal Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS Internal Registry OK Test Result Not run ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No Registry OK ----------- USB Devices ----------- USB Root Hub Vendor Product ID x x CB Matching Device ID usb root hub Service usbhub Driver usbhub sys bytes Driver usbd sys bytes - Mic... Read more

A:What should I replace?

For what it will cost you to upgrade it to play games, I would just suggest saving for a new computer.

First, you'll need to install a video card. If the model you have is in a micro-tower, it's not likely you'll be able to find a video card to fit.

Second, you would want to upgrade the processor. Even though it's apparently dual-core, it's still extremely slow.

Third, you would want to upgrade to 4GB of RAM.

And then to support it all, you'd likely need a new power supply.

So like I said...your best option would be to clean that up, sell it, and buy a new computer when you get the money.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-should-i-replace.1028022/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a Dell desktop with XP from 2005. Should I replace it now? And does that mean a new computer?

A:Necessary to replace xp?

XP will still work ok it will be less secure, and if you were going to replace I would consider a new pc yours is 9 years old so drivers for a newer operating system could be a problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/necessary-to-replace-xp-813962.html
Relevancy 30.53%

HI , system specs...
40 gig hard drive running XP pro in NTFS
2.4 ghz P4 processor
768 megs of DDR 333 ram
cd R and RW drive
dvd drive.
I am seriously thinking of buying a DVD burner today and am wondering if I should replace one of my optical drives or add it to this . If I add I will have three optical drives and one hard drive .. If I should replace one of the optical drives which one would you suggest and which would you place then as master /slave? Thank you for your suggestions ..

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,

I ask because I purchased a Lenovo laptop (Ideapad 580N) that came pre-installed with Windows 8 which is a nightmare. I recently upgraded to 8.1 because it supposedly had some Win 7 features, instead, it has been worse than Win 8. I've never removed one Win OS and replaced it with another and I have not purchased the Win 7 OS software yet. Is there anything I should know beforehand? HATE is a strong word, but it's the only word appropriate as to my feelings of Win 8 and if possible, I would like to get back to Win 7 asap. Thank you.

A:Replace Win 8.1 with Win 7

Hello Janesdf . Peruse this : Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309688-replace-win-8-1-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.53%

the fan is very noisy specially when i run graphic rich applications like games or flash files.
can i replace it with a new one that is more quite and more powerful.

Relevancy 30.53%

At random, XP will restart on its own. The computer was built less than 2 years ago and I'm not quite sure if it's a software or hardware issue. AMD 2600+, 1.9 ghz, 512mb RAM, windows XP, radeon 9600 graphics card.

I find the computer crashes when it's put under a heavy workload. For instance, I opened Spy Bot S&D to rule out any infections and within 30 seconds of running the application the computer restarted. This occured back to back just moments ago. Other times I am using WORD or browsing. This has been occuring for more than 4 months now.

I've ran a CPU application to max it out and again the computer restarts. It occurs everytime I run the program.

I also monitored my RAM while it performed and only 50% was being utilized.

How do I know it's the CPU and not the Motherboard or HD?

Thanks!

A:Do I need to replace my CPU?

Spobot Killed the Computer in the Den with the Fireplace Poker

This isn't "Clue" we're paying, you say?

Spybot uses 100% of the CPU. Your box could be entering thermal cutoff.
Use canned air to clean out the CPU/ heatsink, and just for good measure the rest of the insides as well.
Find out if your board has hardware monitoring and find what the critical zone temperatures are. You may have to install either the board manufacturers monitoring software or a utility like "Speedfan', available here at Techspot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-to-replace-my-cpu.96586/
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently had to take Os...... Hdd And Had The To Replace my new computer into the manufactures service office And they had to replace the HDD and install all the OS etc I am as before using Windows XP Pro Media Edition in the past before having the HDD problem I use to be able to Had To Replace The Hdd And Os...... access my on line bank account web page with no problem The web site was in my internet options trusted sites and it would access the banks SSL bit Encryption with no problems Now I come to use my computer after putting the banks web site address into the Trusted sites option when I try to access the bank web site it accesses it Ok but will Not open the web page all it say s in the bottom left hand of the screen is Done I have not as yet made any alterations to the new settings in the internet options As I did in the past could this not being able to access the bank web site be any Thing to do with all the internet options being set at default if so any ideas what needs to be altered with the internet options settings to enable me to access my bank account again I have followed the instructions at the Microsoft web site http Had To Replace The Hdd And Os...... support microsoft com kb but still no luck any one got an Idea what to do next please Thanks Mypenry

A:Had To Replace The Hdd And Os......

What is the URL? Does the bank's webpage require Java?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74462/had-to-replace-the-hdd-and-os/
Relevancy 30.53%

When I installed Win 8 Pro on an old laptop with Win 7 32-bit (dual boot configuration), I do not remember seeing an option for installing either the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 8. My System shows I have 64-bit and I am having trouble locating video drivers for my 6 year old Toshiba Satellite laptop. I found people with a similar problem on an NVidia forum and they put together a 32-bit driver version that supposedly works. I did not mean to install the 64-bit version. Is there a way to do a reinstall, but this time select Win 8 32-bit? Is there an option for it If I just do a clean reinstall?

A:How to replace Win 8 Pro 64-bit with Win 8 Pro 32-bit?

Hello Stan, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The installation of either a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 8 is dependent on if the installation media is 32-bit or 64-bit.

If you like, you can use the tutorial below to download a 32-bit Windows 8 ISO file from within any 32-bit Windows computer that you can use to create a bootable installation DVD or USB with.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ad-create.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/20777-how-replace-win-8-pro-64-bit-win-8-pro-32-bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Lately, I have been getting computer crashes where my monitor loses a signal from the computer, the gpu fan goes to 100%, and my computer becomes unresponsive (shutdown keyboard command doesn't work). This happens more and more often, to the point where it crashes before the computer can even post. However, when I open up the computer and jiggle around the connections, sometimes pulling out cords and re-plugging them in, this seems to completely fix the problem, until a couple days pass and the process repeats. I am certain I have a loose connection somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Should I replace the power supply or the motherboard? Or could something else be causing the issue? Thank you for any help!

A:What to replace?

I would start with swapping in a known good pw supply. While the case is open, get a bright light and give the mb a VERY close inspection. Look for any capacitors that look like the pics below.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-to-replace.1066475/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi......simple question i have a hp pav 8984 with a cd burner......sometimes when i use the burner the computer turns of for no apparent reason..the i have to wait a few hours before i can switch it back on.....but i've been thinking i dont hear the fan anymore and at the back it gets a bit hot....should i replace the fan???? probably a stupid question....but could be something totally different...

A:Do i need to replace the fan????

Which fan?

If its the power supply fan, its essential. If you cook the power supply, the HP only replacements are very expensive, and standard ones usually do not fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-need-to-replace-the-fan.287167/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a laptop that just shut down on me. when I try to restart I get to the screen for windows to start loading for about half a sec and then blue screen that flashes to fast to read anything on it. when I try to do a sys. restore from my XP CD I get this error message "PXE-E61 Media test failure, cable check". Any ideas?

A:need help to see what i need to fix or replace

Sounds as though it thinks it's needs starting from a network and that would make me wonder if it's been taken over remotely so when you do get it started, it might have a major malware infection. Tap the Delete, Function 2 or whichever other key you need to go into BIOS or Setup and seek out Boot Options or similar and make sure the order is set to boot from hard disk first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-to-see-what-i-need-to-fix-or-replace.884075/
Relevancy 30.53%

I want to change my HDD to a solid state HDD but cannot find a manual

A:replace HDD

Dear Customer, Please go through the below Maintenance and Service Guide.http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04341736    Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/replace-HDD/td-p/5837202
Relevancy 30.53%

Have a friend with a 9-month-old Dell Inspiron laptop who's had nothing but problems with Win XP. We've deleted the main partition and reinstalled XP, but problem (inability to maintain a modem connection) persists. It may be just a bad modem, and Dell is sending a new one, but he just doesn't like XP, and asked if it's possible to put Win 98 on the computer. I use Win 98, so am not familiar with XP, but know that XP uses NTFS instead of a FAT, and can't find anything that says whether or not it's possible to reformat the drive for a FAT-based Win 98 system. Is it, and if so, how (i.e., can I just boot to the command prompt, type "format c:", and hit enter)?

Relevancy 30.53%

I have Windows 64 Bit installed on an SSD Drive. I am running out of Disk space. I have heard that I can make a Image of my existing SSD and import into a new SSD. How do I do this?

A:Replace SSD

Go into control panel>backup and restore and save a disk image to your internal hard drive or an external hard drive. replace the ssd, then just use your windows install disc to put the image back on the new ssd. It`s that easy.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System

Welcome to the Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278335-replace-ssd.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all got a Hipro 230W ATX PSU Power Supply Unit 5187-4875 / HP-A2317F3HP
its like a smaller one than normal I tried to get replacement but one I got is to big and wont fit in the amount of space there so need like the micro original one found just one on ebay but its 25 2nd hand can anyone help... thanks

A:Trying to replace PSU

HP / Hipro 230W ATX PSU Power Supply Unit 5187-4875 / HP-A2317F3HP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-replace-psu.186722/
Relevancy 30.53%

I did a boneheaded move and damaged my CPU processor while I was cleaning my desktop When I pulled the heatsink out it took my CPU with it and damaged a pin Since it is damaged I am looking to replace it with the same or one that is slightly upgraded Question Since my current CPU is damaged Can I replace it with one that is better This is what I currently have Now don t laugh cause its a very old system I am looking to give it to a friend for him and his family to Want CPU to replace the use since they dont have a computer I Want to replace the CPU have upgraded the RAM added a secondary Hard drive graphics card sound card and wireless adapter Compaq Presario US Watt Motherboard - Intel Pentium Socket SDRAM MHz CPU SL x General information Type CPU Microprocessor Family Intel Pentium Part number RK PC G K Frequency GHz Bus speed MHz Clock multiplier Package type -pin FC-PGA Socket type Socket mPGA B nbsp

A:Want to replace the CPU

I believe that that MB only supports P4's. I have a box full of them in my shop. If you want, i can check and see if I have a replacement in working order for you. IF..I do, you are welcomed to it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-replace-the-cpu.160990/
Relevancy 30.53%

how do i replace all the name edward with joyce in DOS on my computer?

A:how to replace one name with another in DOS o

This is the Win2000 forum but you listed XP as your OS. What exactly are you trying to change & why do you want to do it from DOS?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/how-to-replace-one-name-with-another-in-dos-o/66158.html
Relevancy 30.53%

To begin with I ssd, everything as Replace it is? keep wasnt sure if this topic should go to the hardware subforum or here so please move if you deem it neccessary So the story is I have a gb ssd drive Replace ssd, keep everything as it is? for my windows installation win pro x Although Replace ssd, keep everything as it is? I am keeping every possible software installed in my D drive after years of use the ssd drive is getting very low on space I am constantly removing useless stuff and regularly declutter it but still Right now there are only gb of free space and since I ll be needing to install Visual studio soon I ll need at least - gb more So the question is is there a way to change the drive but still keep everything as it is without the need of a clean install Would an application like norton's ghost do the trick sorry if ghost is obsolete for the past years but that was the last time I needed something like it Thanks a lot John

A:Replace ssd, keep everything as it is?

Why dont you get an external hardrive and move everything over to that

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563195/replace-ssd-keep-everything-as-it-is/
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently RAM? Need replace to built a co-worker a computer with parts from Tiger Direct I had everything up and running and made sure the BIOS was updated Need to replace RAM? and dropped it off to her She calls me up saying that It keeps BSOD ing I take it back to try and figure it out I thought at first it may be printer drivers she installed or her antivirus I was not able to save that version of windows because it was stuck in the windows startup recovery loop and could not fix the problem I installed a fresh copy of Vista Home Premium bit to another HDD to make sure the HDD was good I know who uses vista right the disk was sitting on my desk and was convenient haha I Need to replace RAM? waited for about hours and nothing until it randomly Blue Screened once I ve ran memtest and it found no errors Here s what I got Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode c a BCP F D C BCP C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Any ideas guys Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need to replace RAM?

You can boot from the Vista DVD and run the Memory Test to see if it has any memory errors. From there you can decide if you need to replace the RAM. You could also reseat the RAM (take it out, put it back in making sure it is in good).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-replace-ram.943822/
Relevancy 30.53%

Periodically I'll get a "C++ runtime error" message and an App will have to close. The it drops to the desktop. Under administrative tools > Event viewer the message seems to point to ntdll.dll version 5.1.2600.2180 . That file seems to be a protected file. Does anyone know the procedure to repair or replace this file?

A:Replace Dll?

Quote:

Originally Posted by feddup

Periodically I'll get a "C++ runtime error" message and an App will have to close. The it drops to the desktop. Under administrative tools > Event viewer the message seems to point to ntdll.dll version 5.1.2600.2180 . That file seems to be a protected file. Does anyone know the procedure to repair or replace this file?

Hello, take a look at this http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ntdll

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/replace-dll-41171.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, I'm looking for advice on what I should do with my old machine here, I want better performance out of it and I have a slightly more modern motherboard that I pulled from a system that once ran Vista.

Current Motherboard:
Type: Intel J2E1
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.80GHz Northwood 0.13um Technology
Chipset: Intel 845G (64MB Graphics Memory)
RAM: 1GB DDR @ 133MHz (2-3-3-6)

Replacement Canidate:
Type: SY-K7VME
CPU: AMD Athlon 2.00GHz 2600
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 6200 128MB AGP
RAM: Will be useing same RAM

Will the replacement make my system perform better, or should I stick with my current setup and wait until I get the money for a new system?

A:Replace or not replace?

Quote: Originally Posted by PwnFrnzy

Hello, I'm looking for advice on what I should do with my old machine here, I want better performance out of it and I have a slightly more modern motherboard that I pulled from a system that once ran Vista.

Current Motherboard:
Type: Intel J2E1
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.80GHz Northwood 0.13um Technology
Chipset: Intel 845G (64MB Graphics Memory)
RAM: 1GB DDR @ 133MHz (2-3-3-6)

Replacement Canidate:
Type: SY-K7VME
CPU: AMD Athlon 2.00GHz 2600
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 6200 128MB AGP
RAM: Will be useing same RAM

Will the replacement make my system perform better, or should I stick with my current setup and wait until I get the money for a new system?

what on earth do you plan to accomplish with but a single gigabyte of ram, and at 133(sic)MHz to boot!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/136923-replace-not-replace.html
Relevancy 30.53%

How do i chance the hdd from hp notebook model 15-g 092 nd there is no possible way to open the laptop not even ict from my work knows how, please an answer.sinceraly stefan horstman

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/replace-hdd/td-p/5850062
Relevancy 30.53%

So my GPU has been buzzing a lot lately My graphics card is a MSI Radeon series The cause is the fan and I know because it s happened to me before with an GPU my Help me fan replace older card I need to replace this fan but I don t know what to purchase what would be compatible and what would fit The original fan is the same model as this one I found on ebay except mine doesn t have the yellow cable Mine has the same model number Help me replace my GPU fan and the sticker was exactly identical to that one the only difference being Help me replace my GPU fan it has one red and one black cable minus the yellow one So what size of fan do I need and how can I make sure the holes for the screws are going to be the right distance apart What kind of fan will not begin buzzing after long term use This one says it s a quot sleeve bearing quot and I d like to try and stay away from that if I can Thank you Also I could not for the life of me remove the fan s power cable from the card When the time comes any tips for that nbsp

A:Help me replace my GPU fan

I would remove the fan then see if you can match the size with this or similar from Ebay :- http://www.ebay.com/itm/65mm-DC-12V...491634?hash=item3aafbcd672:g:-rYAAOxyzfNRyFhK

You will have to match the electrical connector as well so check how many pins are in the board socket.
You may have to use some force to disconnect the present fan's power cable from the GPU board.
It is a plug/socket connection isn't it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-replace-my-gpu-fan.1162680/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi SSD with Replace HDD there My old computer is very slow and the HDD makes a lot of noise all the time particularly the C drive so I thought I Replace HDD with SSD d replace it with an SSD The computer has physical disks of approximately GB each and partitions all primary C is where the OS and most program files are stored D has all the multimedia files and docs and E GB is unused So my plan was to remove D temporarily connect the SSD clone the C drive to the SSD Then finally I was Replace HDD with SSD going to swap the old C drive HDD with the new C drive SSD add back the D drive and voila Even though the D drive is pretty slow it doesn t bother me Replace HDD with SSD as long as it s just a storage drive But the problem arose at step i e swap the nd hard disk with the SSD Regardless of which of the hard disks I disconnect the system won t boot What I get is a failed status in relation to RAID ID This is confusing I assume only one of the HDD s is actually bootable i e drive C isn t that correct If that s the case then why can t I simply swap drive D Regards Al nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

HELLO,I WANT TO REPLACE THE LEFT COOLING FAN FOR PAVILLION G6-1230SJBOUGHT IN ISRAEL.I NEED THE PART DETAILS AND NUMBER.THANK YOU,MOSHE

A:Replace a FAN

Dear Customer,  FAN Part number: Fan (available separately) - 639460-001 Please contact HP worldwide using the below link:http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-a-FAN/td-p/5813557
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I am planning to purchase HP Envy 15-AE116TX and upgrade the hard drive from HDD to SSD. I will buy the SSD separately.  However, so as not to void the warranty, I should take it to HP service center and let them do the job. My question is, how much should I pay for the service? I have been calling HP service center hotline (02) 867-3551 and even the direct line to Makati service center (02) 888-6100 but nobody dared to pick up the phone. Is this the kind of after sales service that HP offers? Anyways, I am willing to go to service center but I would like to know exactly how much they will charge me.  And I have to make sure that it won't void the warranty of the laptop. Hoping for your immediate response.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-HDD-to-SSD/td-p/5637607
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, On my motherboard this morning when removing a faulty graphics card, the little white clamp at the end of the pci express slot broke. Is there anyway to replace or fix this? I was thinking of gluing it somehow but the last thing I need is for the glue to melt and cause more problems than it solved. If it involves sending it off to a technician does anyone know the avg cost to replace the white clamp or complete pci express slot? If you need more info on what type of pci-express slot it is it was holding a nvidia7900 gtx OC. I'm hoping I didn't just ruin the whole motherboard.

A:Anyway to fix/replace?

I don't think that can be fixed. I've never really seen this happen so I don't know for sure but I think u will need a new mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyway-to-fix-replace.60677/
Relevancy 30.53%

Friends computer Windows XP Home She s been having trouble with it restarting on her a bunch lately but she was always able to at least get to the Desktop before it rebooted without any error message or countdown like the blaster countdown When I was finally able to take a look at the computer it won t even get to the windows loading screen I m thinking the HDD is dead or not able to boot from some reason The drive will not boot Gives a blue error message after the bios POST Bios can check the drive and it fails I tried putting a disc in which I thought was a bootable PartitionMagic disc but it s not booting to it So I ll try using a bootable copy of Partition Magic and see what HDD? I just this replace Should it is before we buy a new drive Any ideas If the drive is not bootable now is it worth trying the PartitionMagic disc I m sure the disc I put in before was just a backupdisc that wasn t bootable and had the program s setupfiles on it Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

Does HP provide a adapter so a 2.5 inch SSD will fit in a mechanical HD slot or can you recommend a part available from another provider?

A:Replace HD with SSD

Hi, There are hundreds of similar products around:     http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=2.5+to+3.5+caddy&_fromfsb=0&_trksid=m270.l1313&ul_noapp=true Please check good computer shops in your area. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-HD-with-SSD/td-p/5818072
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all,

I've got a little bit of a dilemma here, I've got a 3.5year old Dell 8300 with the following specs:

3GHz P4
1GB Ram
X700 Pro
225W PSU (or thats what i suspect)
Ive got a standard PCI slot.

The issue is whether to replace whole thing and get Kentfield extreme with 8800GTX obviously spend will be around 1800 for base unit or to replace graphics card (and probably PSU) and wait for Yorkfield chips later in the year, which are expected to be cheaper to produce with more speed and lower power consumption. It's just id like to play some games even with minimal detail during the year (well except Crysis which would give my system processor failure just at the sight of the box).

What would people recommend and on graphics card front what replacement would offer best value for money given my system.

Many Thanks

Relevancy 30.53%

I recently had to take my new 128 now SSL the to HDD bit replace no had computer into the manufactures service office And they had to replace the HDD and install all the OS etc I am as before using Windows XP Pro Media Edition in the past before having the HDD problem I use to be able to access my on line bank account web page with no problem The web site was in my had to replace the HDD now no 128 bit SSL internet options trusted sites and it would access the banks SSL bit Encryption with no problems Now I come to use my computer after putting the banks web site address into the Trusted sites option when I try to access the bank web site it accesses it Ok but will Not open the web page all it say s in the bottom left hand of the screen is Done I have not as yet made any alterations to the new settings in the internet options As I did in the past could this not being able to access the bank web site be any Thing to do with all the internet options being set at default if so any ideas what needs to be altered with the internet options settings to enable me to access my bank account again I have followed the instructions at the Microsoft web site http support microsoft com kb but still no luck any one got an Idea what to do next please Thanks Mypenry

A:had to replace the HDD now no 128 bit SSL

have you ticked the box alongside it's entry and then clicked apply at the bottom
if you have run
sfc /scannow
and try it again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/had-to-replace-the-hdd-now-no-128-bit-ssl-129619.html
Relevancy 30.53%

So i wasn't sure what this topic fell under but i was hoping i could get some help on this. So i want to start running some higher up games and i'm not sure what is bottle necking me atm. I don't wanna replace both but i do have a $200 budget or so for an upgrade. I heard from someone that my cpu isn't the best but it can still hold up. While my gpu is really outdated and not good. With my current combo i'm able to play most games on highest quality, but for newer games like the witcher 3 and so on, i can barely run it. I was gonna get the geforce gtx 960, thinking that may help my performance. Here are my specs

My specs:

AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 4B DDR3 memory
1 TB HDD

Relevancy 30.1%

I have hp g62 notebook came with windows 7 home premium and last year Microsoft offered windows 10 home premium .Suddenly the windows closed down was a message "hdd not exist" or some other time says"boot device not found".I have to replace in the old hdd but I don't have recovery desks. The recovery file was saved in one partition in the old hdd.I don't how to start with the new hdd and to recover the old windows I need help please thanks.Regards

A:I have hp g62 notebook I have to replace in hdd but I don't ...

Hi, As long as the previous installation of Windows 10 had activated Ok after the upgrade from Windows 7, you can just create your own installation media and perform a clean installation of Windows 10 as detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: At the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows will activate automatically once the installation has completed. http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/ Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-have-hp-g62-notebook-I-have-to-replace-in-hdd-but-I-don-t/td-p/5665816
Relevancy 30.1%

I Want Replace This Font (Font From My Brother PC). Copy And Past ? / Delete Old And Install New ?

And I Must Do It In Safe Mode ?

** I Think This Font Problem to Korean Lanuage In My PC

A:How-to Replace The Font ?

I would say delete the old font, reboot, then install the new one. No safe mode whould be needed.

Fonts - Install

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/233182-how-replace-font.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I deleted theSDMANAGER and I don't know to reinstalled it. Please help me...Please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-can-i-replace-the-sdmanager-365565.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Does anyone know if I can install XP home over XP pro without formatting my hard drive? If so will my applications still work or will I still have to reload everything?

Are there any precautions I need to take before doing so if it possible?

A:Replace XP Pro with Home

Greetings vinbarbato...Welcome to TSF.

My advice to you is to firstly back-up all your important data; then possibly, reformat the HDD, and proceed with a 'fresh' install of Xp Home.

Alternatively, you could install Xp Home as a second o/s and have a dual boot on your drive.

But before you go taking heed of what I have just said, could you please give us details of your HDD set up, in that do you have 2 independent drives or not? If so, what are the configurations of them?

Do you have one drive that has multiple partitions?

Do you have only one drive with one single partition?

Please post back with this information first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/replace-xp-pro-with-home-109943.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi All,

This is my first post here on the forum. I've been using Norton AV for the past year or so. Due to the fact that my internet provider freely offers it as a bonus for being a customer, but I feel that it's just way to resources hungry. Taking up much needed disk space, not to mention it's high cup usage and annoying pop-up's.

Would anyone be able to offer me any alternatives, when replacing Norton's bloated software. To help give my machine it's much needed protection?

Regards.

A:Looking to Replace Norton.

As far as Norton still using a lot resources and high CPU usage, not so true nowadays as older version might of been this way.
Using Norton Security not causing me any issues or using a lot of resources or CPU, see here. As far as cost of it might not want to spend 40-50 bucks to renew it as many other AV out there that are good and cheaper. Norton does get decent rating on detection, i have no issues with popups as can be turned off, this is probably due to yours is also expiring.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/67307-looking-replace-norton.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello. Please advice, is it possible to replace exisitng HDD Hitachi HTS545050A7E380 to, lets say, SSD Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB 2.5" SATAIII MLC (SV300S37A/240G) or another same drive? Thank you.

A:Envy 4 HDD replace to SSD

Yes.   Clone the hard disk to the SSD before removing the hard disk. See the FRU Remove\replace videos at the following URL.  See the hard disk drive video.http://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=5260474&MEID=FE534139-E31B-4F69-99CE-1AD197568214 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-4-HDD-replace-to-SSD/td-p/5769959
Relevancy 30.1%
Relevancy 30.1%

After being attacked by a rootkit, I realized that the winlogon.exe had been replaced with an infected copy. To repair this I reinstalled xp as an update to overwrite the file. Is there a quicker or easier way to replace winlogon.exe? Is there a command in the recovery console of the disk that will reinstall it?

A:Replace winlogon.exe

Topic can be deleted. I found a solution.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327178/replace-winlogonexe/
Relevancy 30.1%

How do I get xp to replace mpr.dll with the undamaged copy from \i386?

I cannot delete \system32\mpr.dll as the system says it is always in use.

It lets me rename the thing but immediately produces a copy of it as mpr.dll so I can't put the good version into \system32 either.

Thank you for your help.

A:replace dll in \system32

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/96592-45-tomshardware

checkout the suggestions at above site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/replace-dll-in-system32-468486.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Okay so i installed partition magic and accidentally installed bootmagic too. I was preparing to install windows xp and ubuntu. after i reboot after installing bootmagic, i get this btmagic.img error. i think "oh well, ill just install ubuntu. I installed ubuntu on my entire hard disk (therefor removing vista that bootmagic was on). halfway through installation i get some errors and then my dvd drive ceases to function (again). i am currently running off a ubuntu off a usb. Does anone know how i can remove the btmagic error from when i boot up, or at least replace btmagic with somethin that works? I need to do this via usb too. Please help. ( also i tried to install windows xp via usb but i keep getting error 8?).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-fix-mbr-or-replace-bootloader.834450/
Relevancy 30.1%

I need to replace cooling fan. Please provide the Part# for notebook described below.    Pavilion Dv6 6135TXProduct#  QC328PA   #ABGProcessor:  Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00Hz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB Thank you in advance! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-cooling-fan/td-p/5813464
Relevancy 30.1%

http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1008848/1008848sp2.shtml

Thanks.

Relevancy 30.1%

How can I replace my Beep.sys without getting into windows. My computer crashes in every type of boot up. Thank you in advance!

A:replace beep.sys

Hi why do you think it's the Beep,sys?

Boot from Xp Cd...when prompted press [R]
Choose Windows installation [typically by pressing [1]
When prompted for password.
Press Enter.
Type chkdsk /r [note space ]
Window will fix errors..
Type Exit
And press Enter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-beep-sys.756381/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a P III 833 mhz Dell with 384 MB ram. My hard drive is starting to go out, and I want to replace it and transfer the data to the new HD. I have access to another P II 350mhz with 128 MB ram PC.

With this set up, how can I transfer the data from the HD that's in the Dell right now to a new HD? I don't have an available expansion slot to put the new HD into the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am mainly concerned about moving my data files from Outlook.

Thanks.

Robert

A:Replace HD in Desktop

if both pc's have then you can join together via usb. http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/dccmain.htm

i always used a network lan etc,

do you have a CD writer, you could write the files here - NOTE outlook does not like readonly files and i have not been able to run from CD - but you could copy to new pc

The outlook files all exist in a single files. so if you create an offline folder and copy all the files you want - you can then copy those and open on a different PC.
or

if its outlook express heres and article on backup to another pc
http://www.iopus.com/guides/oe-backup.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-hd-in-desktop.194359/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have quite a lot in my machine - see below The MB is about years old and can t be ? my I Should M/Board replace upgraded to the speed I need for video and audio Would a simple solution be to replace the MB with an up to date one Or would there be conflicts with what I already have Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE SP DirectX DirectX Computer Name MAINCOMPUTER Win User Name Administrator Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE MHz x Motherboard Name Epox EP-BX ISA PCI AGP DIMM Motherboard Chipset Intel BX System Memory MB SDRAM BIOS Type Award Modular Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port BTDA USB communication port COM Communication Port BTDA USB communication port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter Matrox Graphics Millennium G AGP MB Video Adapter Matrox Graphics Millennium G AGP MB D Accelerator Matrox G Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative SB PCI Ensoniq ES Sound Card Audio Adapter IC Ensemble Should I replace my M/Board ? Delta- Storage IDE Controller Intel r AB EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller SCSI RAID Controller HPT Should I replace my M/Board ? UDMA ATA RAID Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive IBM-DTLA - SCSI Disk Device GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive IC L AVVA - SCSI Disk Device GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive SONY DVD RW DRU- A DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status Unknown Partitions C FAT MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free E FAT MB MB free F NTFS MB MB free G FAT MB MB free Input Keyboard Easy Internet Keyboard Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Network Adapter Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Network Adapter WAN PPP SLIP Interface Modem BTDA USB Fax Modem Modem Lucent Win Modem Peripherals Printer Fax Printer hp psc series USB Controller ALi M USB Open Host Controller USB Controller ALi M USB Open Host Controller USB Controller ALi M USB Open Host Controller USB Controller Intel AB EB PIIX - USB Host Controller USB Controller ALi M USB Host Controller USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device hp psc series USB Device psc DOT USB USB Device SpeedTouch ADSL Modem USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Printing Support nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi there...I bought exactly RAM module from recomendation list - SO-DIMM.8GB.DDR3L.1600.KINGSTON,but the computer does not recognized it! Maybe my notebook does not support 1600 MHz?I have the same model, V3-112p-C451 btwy... Thanks in advance for the anwser...

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/REPLACE-RAM-4-WITH-8-GB-V3-112-C451/td-p/437651/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello nbsp I have emptied a full glass of water into my laptop motherboard Replace in Y50-70 I've send it to repair and they concluded that the motherboard is dead and the price for a new motherboard is more than the price I payed for the laptop from the beginning nbsp My last option is to replace the motherboard with a used one myself and so I will nbsp Now to the question Can I use an other motherbord than EXACTLY the model in my laptop I have done a lot of research and it looks like Replace motherboard in Y50-70 most Y - motherboards are identical nbsp My y - Model Name S N CB CPU nbsp INTEL CORE I Replace motherboard in Y50-70 H GHZGFX NVIDIA GeForce GTX m nbsp The motherboard in my dead laptop is nbsp B F nbsp SHOULD it then nbsp be the nbsp EXACT nbsp same model B F i replace it with orCan I replace it with any y - motherboard for example with i and GTX m or nbsp Can I replace with an other motherboard with the same Model Name but better specs nbsp I hope you guys can help me out here IMG jpg KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Replace-motherboard-in-Y50-70/td-p/3445894
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello all been some time I ve logged on here thanks is large part to the help from tech support guy Help 2410 replace or with AVC keeping me out of trouble I ve had a Adaptec AVC tuner capture card for some years and using that have been able to record and burn my personal Help with or replace AVC 2410 VHS tapes to DVD as well as legally capture TV from satellite programing to also burn recorded TV programing to DVD The had Intervideo winDVR bundled with it when I bought it and at some point about a year ago the software became somewhat erratic sometimes with video without sound or visa versa and sometimes freezing whereupon the recording also unexpectedly stops The only way I have been able to minimize but not eliminate such problems was to pre-cycle the recording session from VHS and or TV tuner programing several times before starting my actual record save session The problem s have become worse whereby now even my preparations before beginning a session do not work well enough so I can never know when hour s of preparation and recording are spoiled by software or hardware error stoppage I m not certain if the problem lies with the Adaptec card the Win DVR software or both as I have previously downloaded updates and drivers for both I was advised nothing more was available for either the software or hardware both being obsolete or outdated and no longer having support So I need suggestions on how to fix the software hardware or replace both with an equivalent or better bundle which I can use to continue my multimedia activity as described I am running XP pro svc pk total physical memory mb Dual Intel mz Any observations suggestions recommendations referrals Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

All of a sudden when we try to boot up Windows 2000 Profesional, it says "NTLDR is missing. Press enter to reboot."

How can we fix this?

A:What is NTLDR, and how do we replace it?

From Microsoft

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318728

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-ntldr-and-how-do-we-replace-it.267491/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, My mouse is 4 years plus old.
It has always been stable and no problems until the last few days..
the little rubber feet are worn....and lately I get no mouse sometimes on booting up.
I have Windows 2000, and have cleaned the mouse, troubleshooted the mouse, and all the drivers it says are up to date, and it says the mouse is not conflicted and this "device works properly"....it says all the good stuff.....but
Sometimes it is not there at the boot up, and I have to check the connections at the ports and manually reboot, etc.
Is there a way to see if I have a mouse takeover or virus in it, or is my mouse just too old now...any help would be appreciated...
It is a microsoft PS/2 mouse....Thanks

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi there,

I wanted to know if there is a method I can use to use a specific font instead of the other.

Actually, I visit websites written in Arabic and Urdu language and for some reason, the words are broken on almost all websites and besides that the default font the Windows supports for arabic/urdu doesn't provide too much readability.

I have this font "Jameel Noori Nastaleeq" and I would like to force IE use this font instead of default arabic font. I hope you guys got my question.

Thank you for your time and I hope you'll reply on your earliest. Thank you, once again. Take care!

A:Replace this font in IE with other

You can chosse what fonts web pages used, but I don't think you can add a custom font to that list. It is possible that if the font is installed on your system, it will show in the list.

Change the colors and fonts used for webpages

If you change the Language script drop down to Arabic, there are several choices on my system. If you haven't already, you can experiment with those. Be aware that if you use the 2nd option on the link above to override the font from web pages, it will use that font for every web page. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/262247-replace-font-ie-other.html
Relevancy 30.1%

A while ago I found a way to swap the windows notepad application with a new text editor, yet maintain the notepad name. I would like to do this again, but forget how.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you,

Brad

A:How do I replace Notepad?

Why you need the notepad name? I suppose you could simply rename the file notepad.exe to notepad2.exe and then rename the other text editor to notepad.exe, but I don't know why you would want to do that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-replace-notepad.38183/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a 7 yr old HP Pavilion DV7 that still has Vista operating system.  PC still runs great, but since Vista is no longer supported, I was hoping to do just 1 upgrade to a slightly new operating system (Windows 7 or 8).  Firstly, is Windows 7 still supported by MS?  I thought this would be the cheapest way and I didnt want to spend a lot of money on an old machine.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Looking to replace Vista

I have a 7 yr old HP Pavilion DV7 that still has Vista operating system.  PC still runs great, but since Vista is no longer supported, I was hoping to do just 1 upgrade to a slightly new operating system (Windows 7 or 8).  Firstly, is Windows 7 still supported by MS?  I thought this would be the cheapest way and I didnt want to spend a lot of money on an old machine.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Looking-to-replace-Vista/td-p/5799629
Relevancy 30.1%

So my work pc is just driving me insane, now the thing locks up when trying to install a pCI wireless card, and bios updates seem to not help.

Was thinking of simply getting a new Mobo, but dont really know much about them, do they come with the processor, or do u buy that seperate and install it on, or use the one in old pc? and when looking for a mobo, what system info has to match up? or can I basically get any Mobo, and then the HD and cd-drives just get reinstalled. I just did a Clean reinstall of windows xp, and would have no trouble doing it over if I had to as all info is on CD-r's

A:Say I want to replace mobo, what do I need to know, look for in new one?

My first question would be have you had anyone on tsg help you with your wireless problem? This should be an issue we should be able to help you get it working.

Before i can help you any further. What can you tell me about your computer. Some system specs would greatly help. This will ensure that were both on the same page. If you can list your cpu, motherboard, pci/agp cards.

That would be great!

As for buying a new motherboard. Let's see if we can get this working and save you some cash till your next upgrade.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/say-i-want-to-replace-mobo-what-do-i-need-to-know-look-for-in-new-one.376581/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi folks.
I'm looking for a replacement for Bearshare, someone did give me a good program but I've lost the address.
Thanks to anyone posting.

Relevancy 30.1%

Hello
I dont actually want to replace hibernate I just want an application which will save my session like hibernate just before shutdown.
Now you will ask why not use hibernate only? Coz i want to cut the power supply to my comp and save a little bit of bucks.

Does anybody know of an application which can save session.

Thanks

Relevancy 30.1%

If replaced original Foxconn N15235 motherboard (2007):
chipset P4M890
Southbridge VT8237A
CPU quadcore Q6600 2.4 GHz (socket LGA 775)
with this one:
Asus P5KPL-AM rev. 1.02g
Chipset ? Intel? G31 Intel ICH7
FSB ? 1600*/1333/1066/800 MHz (*1600 is overclock speed)
With the same ram and CPU, Windows 10 is able to start?
Of course afterwards It will necessary to reinstall driver.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/52248-replace-motherboard-what-happens.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm running windows sp2 on my other computer which is basically corrupted now because I had accidentally deleted the 8ec folder, and now the rundll32 application can't run anymore, so is there any way to replace the file on the registry editor? I currently can't run anything on my computer, I can only open certain folders and view the contents. Is there any way to fix the problem? I have a backup cd but it doesnt work since the computer can't use autorun.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/possible-to-replace-rundll32-276964.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Ok a few years ago I bought a Olympus Camedia C-2100 Here is a review and picture

About 6 months ago it just stopped working. LCD dont light up and only get battery info on the top little lcd.

I have been thinking about sending it in to be repaired only I am afraid that it could far out price what a new one would cost.

Relevancy 30.1%

I have had absolutely no issues with my current CPU and video card in the yrs or so that I have had them Sadly they are just getting outdated things are slowing down and there is better hardware out there Anyway I have a couple questions before I decide to upgrade one or Replace. Help! To Time Need both pieces since I am on a budget Here is what I currently have but I only want to replace the CPU Graphics Card EVGA GeForce Time To Replace. Need Help! GTX Ti AMD Phenom ii x Ghz Black Edition OC Ghz GB DDR RAM MSI A-G Motherboard AM Windows Premium -bit I m a gamer and Ive recently wanted to start recording while I play and stream I m usually around - FPS but when I record stream I drop to or so and start to lag Not lockup lag but noticeable lag My internet is fantastic so that isn t the issue So is this due to my video card CPU Time To Replace. Need Help! or both being old These are the two I m thinking of getting if both need to be replaced Would they provide significant results over my current setup http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Time To Replace. Need Help!

it would help to know 1. what program you are using and 2. where you are recording to.

in my experience, i found Dxtory to be the best and it would record to a second drive so i could utilize full write speed.
in most cases the capture software is reliant on cpu but Fraps might be the only one i know to be gpu intensive too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/time-to-replace-need-help.1153288/
Relevancy 30.1%

i have found the email file in my back up file. how do i restore this? PLEASE

A:replace emails

Open your email account and import it from your back up. Go File-Import and it'll walk you through it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/replace-emails-260411.html