Windows Support Forum

Server-client file sharing software/program

Q: Server-client file sharing software/program

Hi guys!

Do you know of any server-client type of program/software (shareware/licensed) that allows users (intranet/internet) to view add, edit, delete files/folders? The server application must also accommodate dynamic IP while the client side must involve minimum configurations.

It would also be great if it includes a discussion interface - chat, boards, etc.

Thank you very much!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-client-file-sharing-software-program.921763/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Server-client file sharing software/program

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 83.85%

I was tasked to create an answer file for an unattended install using SIM. In a virtual lab, i had the install.wim file on a server and put it on a share to push it through to the client machine. Just for the purpose of making it easy, we could apply full
control permissions in ntfs to the file to everyone and gave read write permissions to everyone in the share. By giving the path in SIM i could pull the file from the client station, but then was asked for credentials. Any idea why it is asking for credentials?
I thought that i made it available to everyone. I even made a separate folder and copied the file to the folder then changed the permissions. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0f461a6-3a32-4ea0-80a4-93d4ea3a243d/sharing-a-installwim-file-from-server-to-client-to-create-a-unattended-install-answer-file?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 73.96%

I read in a book the article below.

A managemnet station, called manager, is a host that runs the SNMP cleint program.

A managened station, called an agent, is a router (or a host) that runs the SNMP server program.
What does the bolded phrase mean ?

A:Manager client program and agent server program concepts

zillah said:

I read in a book the article below.

A managemnet station, called manager, is a host that runs the SNMP cleint program.

A managened station, called an agent, is a router (or a host) that runs the SNMP server program.
What does the bolded phrase mean ?Click to expand...

Hi zillah,

Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client-server

You can also search at that website for SNMP.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/manager-client-program-and-agent-server-program-concepts.439779/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there to any of you network Gurus -- I'm testing a Virtual version of Windows Server What I'd like to do is to set up a VPN so I can access it from another computer Windows in the LAN while testing but using a VPN rather than RDP A FREE VPN server and client is what I would like at this stage Eventually I would like to login from a mobile phone too - but later The VPN should just present a LOGIN screen to the user and then show a basic desktop with just say Office and IE installed on it I'm totally VPN and VPN AND Create (Server client) Free software good new to this sort of stuff - so SIMPLE to start with - I don't want to get into quot Remote Roaming quot Domains or any other quot Geeky stuff quot at this stage -- just the simple basics - LOGON etc Any links greatfully appreciated -- there's so many to choose from so I don't know where to start The network connectivity to the server works fine --at least with RDP so I don't have to worry at least about that bit of the system Cheers jimbo

A:Create VPN and good Free VPN software (Server AND client)

First off, a vpn in just a virtual network connection, so it won't natively present you with a desktop or applications. It will get you remotely connected to the network, from there you will launch something else to connect to a desktop, either rdp, terminal services, etc.

Doing a VPN is natively built into sever 2012, so you won't need any software, free or otherwise to setup a.basic VPN.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34383-create-vpn-good-free-vpn-software-server-client.html
Relevancy 68.37%

i have the server with windows SP and i executed replication active directory domain controller on the new server as i have two servers all with computer in the client server 2003 problem network client/server windows expect one client computer work ok onthe problematically computer is with the windows me problem is when i shut down old server the computer with win me drop out from domain and he don t see new server when i power on old server the client computer work ok i deinstalled the win me on this computer and i installed to him win xp pro but problem is same this computer don t see new server and he don t see others client computers in network problem with client computer in the client/server network windows server 2003 what i do i tryed to make new user account but nothing i can t because of this computer don t see new server on client computer light green indicator on network adapter Realtek d all the time i use commands ping with the ip address of server with the name of server nothing ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ip address of old server is and new server maybe problem is when i type ipconfig in dosprompt on new server i receive DNS server and DHCP plz help me thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-client-computer-in-the-client-server-network-windows-server-2003.617978/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have been given a PC with Windows Home of 2011 client software Removal Windows Server Home Premium bit This was a client PC from a small old Windows Home Server system which has now been dismantled as the server PC failed My unit works fine but I cannot remove the irritating Server client items from it - Launchpad and Alert Services etc etc Have looked everywhere on the disk but cannot find any uninstall file anywhere All the relevant files seem to be in the Program Files Windows Server Bin folder but nothing found there No separate uninstalling prog will work either Have considered starting up the PC in Safe Mode physically removing the Windows Server folder and contents then running a registry cleaner to tidy up the loose ends Am concerned that this might make the PC unstable so ask if anyone has any useful suggestions For now I have worked through the Start Up process and inhibited the ones considered relevant Also CCleaner has stopped the Launchpad This has worked but would like to permanently remove Removal of Windows Home Server 2011 client software the unwanted items Ted

A:Removal of Windows Home Server 2011 client software

No one has supplied any suggestions as to my programme removal so decided to risk it and do it myself as described.
Backed up whole HD plus registry, restarted in basic Safe Mode then physically removed all traces of WHS 2011 in file system.
Emptied Recycle Bin then restarted as normal.
No disasters occurred so used CCleaner and Advanced Uninstaller PRO. They mopped up the loose ends and everything seems to be fine now. Job done!
I suppose the same process could be used for most difficult to remove items.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/363671-removal-windows-home-server-2011-client-software.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am running a weather program (AS2012) on a client for Flight Simulator X (FSX) on the server. The client connects to the server by Simconnect.
Both machines run W7 Home Premium x64 and I run them with full Administrator permissions.

The SimConnect.ini file is located in a folder on the server:  C:\Users\FSX_XPlane\My Documents\Flight Simulator X\
This is shared across the network with Full Control for Everyone. The owner is FSX_XPlane.

I can access and open the simconnect.ini file from the client. 

When I run the weather program on the client it does not connect to FSX on the server.  The system log shows that the path to the simconnect.ini file is not set (attached - time 23:06:44:0096).
The other required simconnect file paths are correctly identified. 

If anyone can suggest an explanation for this, and a fix, I'd be grateful.

Regards,

John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564967/server-file-share-not-executed-by-client/
Relevancy 64.5%

Keep having this problem even though i delete the file it still appears again This is only happening since i pasted this into a new autoexec cfg file see below I did delete cl downloadfilter quot nosounds quot however it made no difference Do you know which of these commands may be causing the error Also I know that to match pure servers you may need similar settings however are denied if hacks file CSS Disconnect: extra server: : has client Pure loaded are found there s no hacks below I think Any help would be much appreciated CSS : Disconnect: Pure server: client has loaded extra file P S I d be interested to know if anyone else CSS : Disconnect: Pure server: client has loaded extra file gets the same CSS : Disconnect: Pure server: client has loaded extra file errors when they try this Be aware that it s only on some servers On the ones were it does work it increases your FPS significantly PROBLEM - Disconnect Pure server client has loaded extra file GAME sound admin plugin dontjuststandthere wav File must be removed to play on this server NEW AUTOEXEC CFG Casey s Config v CAL compliant Updated for new season by CAL Stone Updated - Added misc settings section Set Netcode vars cl cmdrate quot quot cl interp quot quot cl interpolate quot quot cl lagcomp errorcheck quot quot Disables lagcompensation error checking only needed if you re having any registration loss choke problems cl lagcompensation quot quot cl smooth quot quot cl updaterate quot quot rate quot quot Set MP vars mp decals quot quot How many player sprays will be shown Set Client vars cl drawmonitors quot quot Disables the rendering of ingame quot monitors quot which contain d rendered images cl ejectbrass quot quot Disables brass ejection cl forcepreload quot quot Forces the game to load all texture and model information into memory on map load cl phys props enable quot quot Enables phsyics props cl phys props max quot quot Maximum amount of physics props allowed cl ragdoll physics enable quot quot Disables ragdoll cl restrict server commands quot quot Compatible needed with serverplugins cl show splashes quot quot Disables water splashes Set Render vars r dsky quot quot Disables the rendering of d sky boxes r decal cullsize quot quot Any decals under this size are not rendered r decals quot quot Disables decals r drawbatchdecals quot quot Enables the rendering of decals in batch r drawdetailprops quot quot Enables the rendering of detail props r drawflecks quot quot Disables the sparks and dirt from bullet impacts r drawmodeldecals quot quot Models decals i e blood r eyes quot quot Disables eyes in models r lod quot - quot Different level of details on models - Variable at distance None Minor Less minor r modellodscale quot quot The transitioning power of LOD r occlusion quot quot Enables the Model Occlusion system r propsmaxdist quot quot Max distance at which props are rendered r renderoverlayfragment quot quot r rootlod quot quot Base lod of the model in the memory r shadowmaxrendered quot quot Max shadows the game will render r shadowrendertotexture quot quot Rendered the shadow texture causing it to match the player model r shadows quot quot Enables shadows Change be disabled for additional performance r teeth quot quot Disables teeth in models r waterdrawreflection quot quot Disables the rendering of water reflections r waterforceexpensive quot quot Forces cheap water gl clear quot quot Disables the gl clear convariable props break max pieces quot quot Disables prop fragmenting Set Materials vars mat antialias quot quot Disables the use of multisampling to smooth out edges mat bumpmap quot quot Disables bump mapping mat clipz quot quot Disables optimized Z-Buffer rendering mat compressedtextures quot quot Disables texture compression Users with low amounts of system memory should turn this on mat disable bloom quot quot Disables bloom effects mat hdr enabled quot quot Disables HDR mat hdr level quot quot Double Disables HDR mat mipmaptextures quot quot Ena... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/css-disconnect-pure-server-client-has-loaded-extra-file.645134/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a probably dumb question- Can a workstation be used as a server? For instance, I have an extra desktop and I was hoping to turn into a file sharing server. I am trying to go around buying an actual server. Can this be done?

A:Server - File Sharing

Simple answer - yes, probably.
What operating systems are running on those PCs?

What files do you wish to share?

What programs use them?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112502/server-file-sharing/
Relevancy 63.64%

OK, now that I got our network running correctly (thanx John!!!), I am now ready for the next set:

We would like to set-up a computer on the network that would be for file sharing.

Basically, we want that computers Shared Folder to be accessable to all users on our network (so we can move files in and out of the server).

We would also like it, that from our home computers, we can access the Shared Fold on the File Server and move files in and out of it.

Now the Questions:

1) Where on the network should we plug this system in? Into the main switch, or directly into the router?

2) Is there any special software that I need to do this? Is Windows XP networking enough?

3) How do I make it so that to access the shared folder, you need a user/password?

4) Is what we are planing, secure?

A:File Sharing Server

Personally, for simple file sharing, I'd use one of the many NAS drive boxes that are on the market. The power consumption and physical footprint will be MUCH smaller than a whole computer dedicated to file sharing. Here's a few samples: http://dealnews.com/artsearch.html?search=nas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-sharing-server.624078/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys - here we go again.
I start by saying I've read the previous threads on this topic and haven't got anywhere.

I have 2 computers networked at home. Both 'puters run XP sp2. I want to share files between them. But I can't.

The server service won't start on either. Both say that the server files can't be found. All the dll files are present in system 32 . Start up set to automatic. Executable paths are correct (C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs), Log on as local system account, dependency is ok with computer browser there.
Have done a windows file check and no problems.

Please help ??? This is driving me nuts (well more nuts). I am a computer idiot but try hard so please have mercy.

In return happy to answer any dental questions you may have (as that's all i got to give)

Cheers

tricka

Relevancy 62.78%

hey

i just got this app
but when its all setup i cannot login
it just says i am not allowed to login
please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/easy-file-sharing-web-server.443106/
Relevancy 62.78%

Here is the scenario VPN Server is set up on Windows Professional machine behind on Sharing VPN Windows File Server 7 DSL modem and router with port forwarding enabled I File Sharing on Windows 7 VPN Server have no trouble connecting or logging in from any client computer regardless of operating system with the exception of clients whose outbound traffic is going through File Sharing on Windows 7 VPN Server Linksys WRT -G wireless router but that is not my issue The installation of Windows is fresh with no new programs installed I have created one test folder for sharing and have enabled all sharing possibilities that I know of for one user account which is the same user account that is logging in over the VPN I have enabled the quot Network Shares quot for this user as well as the quot NTFS Shares quot All client computers which have been tested for logging in through the VPN are in the same workgroup NOT Homegroup The workgroup shows up in the quot New Network Place quot Wizard of the client computer but the folder I have manually shared is not visible As a result the test file I created and shared within that folder is not accessible nor is it visible on the client What I would like to find out is this HOW IN THE BLAZES DO I GET FILE SHARING TO WORK ON A WINDOWS VPN SERVER Note to Microsoft if you're actually listening this used to be set up on an XP VPN and all I had to do was tell XP who I wanted to share a file with and it worked Why did you mess this up Any suggestions are appreciated and I will be glad to answer questions to the best of my ability but please ask in PlainSpeak I was a geek in the ' 's but have become lax over the years Thanks Charles

A:File Sharing on Windows 7 VPN Server

Have you added "Everyone" to the permissions list? Any type of A/V software you have installed can also cause problems with sharing.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ns.html?filter

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103193-file-sharing-windows-7-vpn-server.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey fellas I was wondering what is the best file sharing program out there. I hear Bearshare is a good one. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanx!!!

A:Best file sharing program

We can't help you with P2P programs. A lot of them are infected with malware. Use this site to help you: http://p2p.malwareremoval.com/ .

A moderater should close this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/best-file-sharing-program-118084.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Guys I m a newbie here at the forum but I am a long time user of IT and work in the IT industry I ve been Googling frantically to find a solution for this but have found nothing Background I have machines which I am using to interact with each other as Up Server File Sharing Messes VPN Up Setting a part of Setting Up VPN Server Messes Up File Sharing my ventures in web development Main Machine - Running Windows XP Media Center Edition I have a network drive mapped to the Setting Up VPN Server Messes Up File Sharing website directory on my Web Server so I can load the files and work with them direct without having to copy cut Web Server - Running Windows XP Professional SP connected via Wireless It is used to host my website and uses Windows file sharing to share the website directory I administer this PC using VNC from my other two computers Laptop - Running Windows XP Professional SP This has a mapped network drive to the shared Web Site directory on the Web Server configured to use offline files so I can work with the files whilst not connected to the network then synchronise when I reconnect to the network All this has been working great with the offline files on my laptop and having the mapped network drives on both computers to work with the files on my website whether at home or elsewhere However I am someone who isn t easily satisfied with leaving things as they are and I like to test the limits on what may be possible The Problem Whilst playing around the other day on my laptop at my Girlfriends house connected to her wireless network not my own creating new pages for my website when I suddenly got an idea I thought that if I set up a advanced connection on my webserver to accept a VPN connection then I would be able to update the files through the internet from wherever I was by connecting to the VPN on my laptop So I VNC d onto my WebServer set up the connection Setup a VPN dialer on my laptop using Windows XP s quot Create A New Connection quot wizard and tested it out And it worked great I could tinker with the files for my website on my laptop and save them back to my web server through the VPN connection GREAT However when I get home and try to access the files though the LAN on my main PC I cannot I can see the web server on the LAN in my Workgroup but cannot access any of the shared folders on it anymore I deleted the Web Server incoming connection used for the VPN and I could access the folders again from my Main PC Setup the VPN again and the shared folder s disappeared again I cannot get this to work with files to be shared on the LAN and the VPN at the same time Sorry if that was a bit waffly but I didn t want to miss anything If there are any details needed to diagnose this further then please ask and I will provide Any help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-vpn-server-messes-up-file-sharing.693938/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone
I've got a problem I hope someone can help me with. I have an issue with my server service not starting. I asked aboutr this earlier and shadypac was kind enough to post this link:
http://www.jasonhartman.net/2005/01/problem-starting-server-and.html
which helped me initaiting the start up but unfortunately it just now says "service starting" and I still can't share. Am i missing something I need?
Cheers Andy
ps be kind I'm a beginner!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-sharing-xp-sp2-server-service-not-starting.590179/
Relevancy 61.92%

Question: which is the best file sharing P2P software?
kazaa lite WinMX or what? And why?
thank you!

Relevancy 61.92%

I am looking for a program sort of similar to a forum setup on a server.

I was considering getting Windows Server 2003 and using it so that others can access the server and log in. In turn, they could access files.

Anyone know of a program that I can get? Thanks for any information.

Relevancy 61.49%

hello I was just wondering if anyone could help me with sharing configuration program File a similar problem I am trying to open and forward a port to my router to help get greater speed on a file sharing program I followed all the instructions given in one of the faq s got a static ip address went onto my router page and added the port added the port from the properties on the network connections page and apparently the port was still closed I looked on the website linked abpve and found all my ports were in stealth mode and clicked a different test and got this Attempting connection to your computer Shields UP is now attempting to contact the Hidden Internet Server within your PC It is likely that no one has told you that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission And that it may be serving up all or File sharing program configuration many of your personal files for reading writing modification and even deletion by anyone anywhere on the Internet Your Internet port does not appear to exist One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response Therefore only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND that s very cool which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking this computer appears to File sharing program configuration be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet I have norton internet security and File sharing program configuration was wondering whether that might have anything to do with it anyway I was wondering if anyone could help me because I m way out of my depth with all this technical stuff so thanks in advance nbsp

A:File sharing program configuration

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit www.StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-sharing-program-configuration.642429/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi ! thought I would check out this poll !!
What is the best file sharing program out there?? for MP3'S in fact everything??

1. Morpheus
2. KaZaa
3. Grokster
4. LimeWire
5. Blubster
6. Audiogalaxy (mp3's)
7.WinMX

THX

Relevancy 61.49%

Since rebuilding my PC and reinstalling everything a while ago I noticed that uTorrent no longer File Sharing Program with Problems works it ll start ok but Problems with File Sharing Program I can t make any connections to download or upload anything It says that its using port but when I go to Options gt Speed guide gt Test if port is forwarded properly I get the following error which appears like a in my browser Welcome to the Torrent Port Checker A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened Checking port on Error Port does not appear to be open Please see www portforward com for more information about how to map a port Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian or Protowall is allowing utorrent com in either of those programs Those of you using ipfilter dat should make sure the list does not include the website s IP After making sure of this re-run this test by refreshing the page F I ve set up port-forwarding for this port on my router so I don t think that s the problem What else could be causing this Is there any way to force a port to open if it keeps saying that it s closed

A:Problems with File Sharing Program

Do you have a firewall? It could be blocking it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178830/problems-with-file-sharing-program/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, and Thank-you in advance for any help.

I have Win 2000 Pro installed on 2 machines, working fine. The wi-fi's are all working in reguards to getting on the internet. We have a practice billing and scheduling on the host PC, and do not have the disks, so can not be copied onto other PCs. What would I need to set it up as a server. Having purchased an existing practice, money is an issue. So, even simple file sharing could work, but would it be secure enough for patient info?
I would appreciate any tech steps to setting up either options. Again, thank-you. Emy

Relevancy 61.49%

Our church has Our anymore Server sharing files File isn't 2003 a file server Dell running Server SP It s job is to share files with the staff at the church on approx PCs amp Macs All was working OK till last week when suddenly no one could get on the shared files when they tried to check the shares on there MY Computer they were told that they didn t have permission or that the share did not exist I could see the shares locally but could not see or connect over Our File Server 2003 isn't sharing files anymore the network I ran our symantec and our malware bytes with reports that all was well I backed up the data to an ext HDD and reformated the C partiotion of the drive The data resides on the D partition which I did not touch It worked for a short while and then had the same failure Just some notes When I turned off the share on the server it informed that there was one user connected even though I knew no one was connected I installed the paid portion of malware bytes and saw several blocked malicious attempts to unknown IP addresses I further suspect a hidden spyware program because I looked in the log file of the router and saw connections and attempted connection between the servers IP and some unknown external IP addresses on a port around What should I do next

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312372/our-file-server-2003-isnt-sharing-files-anymore/
Relevancy 61.49%

HELP....This did work at one time and now...it does not. I have 2 machines, 1 running xp pro 32 bit and xp 64. I can file share drives and stuff from the xp pro 32 machine. I used to be able to do the same from the xp 64 machine to the xp pro 32 machine. Now when I try to go from the xp 64 machine to the xp pro 32 machine I get "not accessable..might not have permission blah blah blah" "not enough server storage is available to process this command" Keep in mind...this did work BEAUTIFULLY just the other day...now phhhhheeet! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp64-server-storage-error-file-sharing-306993.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Two Windows Home Premium -bit computers on the same network the desktop has a printer shared that the laptop would like to access The oddness began after I managed to get the laptop to access the desktop via Start gt Run gt desktop successfully connected up the printer via filesharing and tested it but every time I restart the laptop it decides that it can't find the desktop any more However if I do Start gt Run client sharing issue <-> Win7 Win7 file after reboot the IP address of the desktop from the laptop it connects successfully every time I've set things up like that for now but I can't say I've ever seen an issue like this before If I do a name lookup on either machine it resolves the desktop's IP address correctly regardless of restarting the laptop If I do let that open a connection successfully then do desktop it works If I just Win7 <-> Win7 file sharing issue after client reboot reboot and do desktop it doesn't Ideally I would like it to work via computer names so that the desktop doesn't require a static IP

A:Win7 <-> Win7 file sharing issue after client reboot

These days we use something called User permissions and security settings to establish safe reliable network connections.

You can just right click the folders you want to share and choose the security and permissions settings, they tend to stay put after that. Or you can click on the "share" tabs and go from there. If you are using all Windows 7 machines in this network then setting up a Home group is the way to go.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...16(WS.10).aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219536-win7-win7-file-sharing-issue-after-client-reboot.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Ok so now i have changed to Trend Micro i hear it's really good, but i have a file sharing program for which i have assigned certain ports and configured micro trend for those ports, but everytime i open the file sharing program the firewall asks for permission for ports that the program uses if it cant use the ones i assigned.
and i have to close the program because the permission for ports never ends.
so what can you guys seggest i do?

Relevancy 61.06%

I cleaned up my computer this week using a doenloaded program called "Ad Aware" that removed all cookies etc. that was slowing down the speed of my computer. Now, when I go to launch imesh, I get an Error saying that I am missing a DLL file called CD_CLINT.DLL. I didn't back-up the delted files that Ad Aware got rid of. Any suggestions? Thanks

Relevancy 61.06%

I need to unlock file sharing between 2 computers on a network to 1 Program File folder. They are both running vista32. I have searched all night with no luck and only hope that someone here has an answer. This is for a flight simulation game that can use another computer to run a few separate programs that add features to the game. People are not reporting problems while using XP. So I know this can be done, the question lies with Vista and is capabilities. I have share my whole C drive then program files then the folder that I need to be able to get into, but when I try to access the folder from my secondary computer it lets me know that access is denied. I can access pretty much any other folder on the computer other than program files. Any help??

Thanks!

A:Unlocking file sharing for Program Files

Hi Twig1983. . .

I don't believe it is possible to share the entire c: drive or the entire Program Files folder in Vista because of sub-folders/files in each of which you (the user name you logged on with) are not the owner of, not to mention files within each whose attributes are system and/or hidden. The "<access denied>" screen that came up is a product of Vista's User Access Control (UAC).

However, there are usually ways around any rule.

A few questions first, please. . .

1. Are these PC's XP-> Vista upgrades, or new Vista installations?

2. When you elected the share, were you logged on with an admin account?

3. Is the admin account that you use one that was set up at the time of the Vista installation?

4. Is the user account on PC#2 an admin account or a standard user account (that you are using and get <access denied>)?

5. Do you get the <access denied> message simply trying to read the folder/file from PC#2? What about during program execution?

6. Prior to the <access denied> message, is there a UAC prompt?

7. Yes >> Does it ask for a password, or can you simply select "Continue"?

8. Are you sure that it is the Program Files folder you are failing on or could it be the ProgramData folder (which the Program Files folder uses for most of its non source-code data under Vista)?

9. Have you looked at the Event Viewer?

10. Is it necessary to elect to share the entire c: drive and Program Files folder or just faster (rather than changing each applicable folder)?

11. What about other folders like ProgramData that is used during program execution? (ProgramData is a hidden folder).

Thanks.

regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unlocking-file-sharing-for-program-files-216017.html
Relevancy 61.06%

i am using WinMX file sharing program (which i downloaded online) for sharing music online.

i use win xp where you can have multiple users on my pc. i want the other user to be able to use winmx on his side. how can i get winmx on his side or do i have to download it to his side? some programs that you download automatically put an icon on the other users side. winmx did not do that.

A:Moving File Sharing Program to other User

Hiya

You may need to install a seperate version on his desktop. Is this the 3.1 version?

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-file-sharing-program-to-other-user.81935/
Relevancy 61.06%

I've been a VB6 developer for quite some time, and have recently thought up a great idea for a new kind of file sharing program that I think would really catch on.
Unfortunately, I'm horrible with TCP/IP. I've tried it dozens of times in the past, and have had very little luck with creating a simple chat program, let alone binary file transfer.

So if anyone knows some TCP/IP operations with any ActiveX components for VB6, and cares to partake in a little devlopment adventure with me, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
DAN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/has-anyone-worked-with-file-sharing-program-development.70590/
Relevancy 61.06%

I was considering a piece of freeware called Hamachi to use my home PC get and store files on my PC at work. I would not need to do it that often and could not see getting PCAnywhere. I came across what I thought was a free VPN program called Hamachi ( http://www.hamachi.cc ). The discussion on a grc.com newsgroup made it sound like my PC at work would not allow any computer to connect to it unless the other computer had the same private encryption key as the work PC.

I just saw a TSG thread about Hamachi that was locked because the moderator considered the program to be too much like a P2P file sharing program. Am I missing something about this program or was the moderator just being overly cautious? The last thing I want on my work PC is a P2P file sharing program.

--
Chuck W.

Relevancy 60.63%

Why can't I remove Quick File sharing in windows server 2012 becuase when I try it pretty much says unable to remove and I don't know why? Does anyone have an answer.

A:Why can't I remove Quick File sharing in windows server 2012 R2?

Could you clarify what you mean by "Quick File sharing". Maybe a picture or link to a Microsoft TechNet article. There is no feature called Quick File sharing that I am aware of.

https://hardforum.com/threads/why-cant-i-remove-quick-file-sharing-in-windows-server-2012-r2.1899405/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm thinking it probably doesn't exist...but is there any? I'm looking to download MP3s and other files...is there anything that would work that doesn't come bundled with spyware?

Relevancy 60.63%

Is there some freeware that will allow my friends to upload and download files, to and from, my computer? I am looking for a server type I install and my friends only need a browser to access my files.

A:Need file sharing software (not uTorrent type)

Why not use a cloud service like onedrive or google drive?

Server editions of windows:

Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 64-bit - OEM - Newegg.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/330112-need-file-sharing-software-not-utorrent-type.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I am sick and tired of attempting to figure out Window's faulty file sharing system so I've decided to look elsewhere for a file sharing solution.

What program would you guys recommend? I want to be able to share files between all computers on the network but also watch video files without actually transferring them over.

Please do not recommend any tips on how to fix my Windows file sharing setup, I'm looking for a 3rd party program at this point.

Thanks!

A:Please recommend a LAN file sharing program that can stream videos

The easiest way is to get a router that has USB ports included. You then put your external hard drive to it and all of the computers connected to that router will be able to stream videos, etc. For a Netgear router which I'm using, the path is \\readyshare\USB_Storage. You can see this path in the network pane of Windows explorer as long as network discovery and file and printer sharing is enabled. You don't need to worry about these settings as long as you choose your connection as "Home" profile and not "public"

I can't help you with 3rd party software since I mainly use the method above to stream videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305872-please-recommend-lan-file-sharing-program-can-stream-videos.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I File software program. cure downloaded what was advertised as free software called quot File Cure quot to allow me to open certain files that I could not get to open When I tried to use it they said I had to register and pay to use the sofware I went to control panel unistall programs and removed the entry for quot file cure quot File cure software program. However periodically a window opens showing a list of things that need be fixed and I need to register File Cure and pay to get these things fixed Any suggestions on how to completely remove this software THE FOLLOWING IS AN EDIT TO THE ABOVE THREAD I was sent a suggestion to download a adware spyware program i did so to no avail File cure was not removed by the program I downloaded Now I am a little confused because the email responce I received that suggested a possible fix for the file cure problem also said quot There may also be other replies but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the fourm again quot Now I have the website open but I can find nowhere to see if there are any other responses to my thread I find the term quot visit quot rather vague It would more helpful if it said what to look for while one is quot VISITING quot Please help me I am new to this website and am really concerned about getting this software off my computer Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have

A:File cure software program.

Quote: Originally Posted by IROKRUOK2

I downloaded what was advertised as free software called "File Cure" to allow me to open certain files that I could not get to open. When I tried to use it they said I had to register and pay $29.95 to use the sofware.
I went to control panel/unistall programs and removed the entry for "file cure". However periodically a window opens showing a list of things that need be fixed and I need to register File Cure and pay to get these things fixed.
Any suggestions on how to completely remove this software ?

HI -- Sounds like they stuck some spyware in there. D/L this free spyware remover. It should do the job. Ad-Aware? by Lavasoft - Free Anti-Virus Software & Anti-Spyware Protection

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/188913-file-cure-software-program.html
Relevancy 57.19%

There is a process running on my computer called csrss.exe

I went to http://www.processlibrary.com and looked it up and came up with 2 different things. One says it is a Trojan and needs to be removed. The same exact process name also says it is Microsoft client server runtime server and SHOULD NOT be removed.

How I am supposed to tell the difference so I do not make a mistake by either leaving it alone or removing it???

A:Process: csrss.exe (trojan or Microsoft Client Server Runtime Server?)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/561994 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561994/process-csrssexe-trojan-or-microsoft-client-server-runtime-server/
Relevancy 56.33%

i am looking for a program that will show which software is using a specific dll file for windows nt 4.0 . sp 6.0a

I need to copy a older version 4.41 comcat.dll file over a newer vesion 5.0 which is located in the system32 dir.

windows will not let me rename or copy over the comcat.dll file on this pc. i have done this many times before with no problem.

so i was looking for a work around or a utility that will show me the software that is using the dll file so I can disable or stop the software.

thanks

A:looking for a program that will show which software is using a specific dll file

Here is one I have used in the past that shows all running process and what dll's they use.

http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/56315.html
The way to use it is after starting it, go to file -- open module then browse to the dll that you want info on and open it.

Then you can look at its dependencies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-a-program-that-will-show-which-software-is-using-a-specific-dll-file.74802/
Relevancy 56.33%

OK the problem we are having is we have this really old accounting software We were running all Windows machines before upgrading to XP last week The way the software works is that it is installed individually on each computer but it points to Database File Old XP, Server, to Software, Upgrade Runs on slow a mapped network drive on another XP pro quot file server Old Software, Database on File Server, Upgrade to XP, Runs slow quot to get the database information such as customer list etc On the quot file server quot the program opens closes switches users etc fast On the machines it worked fast as well The problem is that right now the other workstations are extremely slow when opening the software closing the software and switching company names we have two company profiles on this software Once you are in the software it is fine Any idea what may be causing this and how to fix it Here are the basic specs XP Pro machines File server has an AMD X Processor GB memory XP Pro GB Hard drive Workstations have AMD processor mb gb hard drive xp pro All are set to automatically obtain IPs from the router Let me know if you have any other questions about our setup and if you have any suggestions Thanks alot guys nbsp

A:Old Software, Database on File Server, Upgrade to XP, Runs slow

An update for you. We put back in the old 98 server and left the other 5 XP workstations and it worked fine. What is wrong with XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-software-database-on-file-server-upgrade-to-xp-runs-slow.565404/
Relevancy 56.33%

A friend is moving his business and the new business park that he's setting up shop in internet. network LAN server/client server only, for for USB hotspot does not have anyway to get any wired internet to his building excluding a T line which he can't justify the cost of One windows machine acts as the server primarily for Quickbooks database and there are two other windows machines that are clients reading off said database He's getting one of those usb dongles for wireless internet service for the server only the other two computers will be tethered to a smartphone for internet for QB and windows updates periodically They do NOT want to share the servers wireless connection to the other machines My only concern was if the server LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. will continue to try to check the LAN for internet connectivity or will it check both network connections when one fails or is there a setting I can tell them to change to ensure it knows to go to the wireless dongle for internet all the time without interfering with the workstations talking to the server over the LAN to get to the database The setup at the old office LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. was business class DSL they are using a relatively new Linksys router which had the DSL authentication information Thank you

A:LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet.

I managed to find a solution this morning, for anyone that's interested, the whole article is here: Multiple Network Connections at the Same Time on Windows | Ivan Zlatev

But the short answer is, under the advanced properties of TCP/IP v4, uncheck automatic metric, set your internet to a value of 1, and the LAN to a value of 9999.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263541-lan-network-server-client-only-usb-hotspot-server-internet.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm looking at setting up windows 2003 terminal servers all over the place to replace the awful thing people are currently doing here - vncing servers with one small shared password among everyone <holding my hands over my ears for the backlash>. Don't blame me, it's another awful legacy I have to get rid of...

1. I've got to set up a Terminal Server Licensing server and was thinking about putting this on my second domain controller. I was wondering what would happen in this server dies, though. Is there some way of having resilience in this scenario? Perhaps a second Licensing server or something, the way you have 2 or more Domain Controllers?

2. Also, I know that Windows XP has an RDP client, I've used before on many occasions, but what about all the Windows 2000 clients that I still have out there. What should I do for them to access the new Terminal Servers?

A:Terminal Server license server(s)? RDP client for Windows2K?

I'm not 100% sure on #1, but I believe that the TS licensing becomes integrated into the AD, so if one DC goes down, the other one will be able to check licensing. On another note, if you are using the TS for administration only, I don't believe you needs the TS Licensing to be installed.

For #2, you can download the latest version of the RDP client from MS's website. It should also be available through Windows Updates, although I think Win2K isn't supported any longer, other than Critical Updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-license-server-s-rdp-client-for-windows2k.528443/
Relevancy 56.33%

was trying to network my computer to the server but keep getting the message 'server not responding from client computer' can anyone help please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/client-computer-cannot-find-server-server-not-responding.727181/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I'm working on a client/server with the Java programming language and trying to figure out how to protect my server. With my current Virus/Firewall protection suite theres nothing I can do to keep out unwanted Java applications on the port I choose to allow the Java SE Binary through for clients accessing the server application. ESET Smart Security 4 is what I am using. Does anybody know of a security suite that would allow only a specific Java application to get through the firewall? I'm not to sure on this subject because my firewall is identifying any Java application as only the "Java SE Binary" and not I'm sure if you can even really name your Java application like you would something you would write in C++. Any information would be appreciated, thank you.

Relevancy 55.47%

Can file sharing be temporarily disabled in windows without affecting any other services. I guess what I am looking for is an "on or off " - switch" without having to disable file sharing the tradional way (rebooting etc). Is there a cmd.com option? Windows service etc...

I would just really like to know how to turn it off....lets say for 5 minutes or 10 minutes at a time and easily resume all shared folders and services.

I really hope im just not overlooking the obvious!

Thanks!

A:A file sharing question for guru's only: Can file sharing be temporarly disabled?

net stop server disables file/print sharing
net start server enables file/print sharing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-file-sharing-question-for-gurus-only-can-file-sharing-be-temporarly-disabled.368680/
Relevancy 53.75%

client pcs were pinging is possible but i cant acces any computer through under same domain.

A:client pcs sharing pblm

jibin said:

client pcs were pinging is possible but i cant acces any computer through under same domain.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/client-pcs-sharing-pblm.1144688/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi.both pc's are sharing folders,but no internet on the client.i have ics crossover(no router). thanks.

ps.i have got my ip automatic on the client pc.

Relevancy 52.03%

Is there any way of sharing hard drives/folder over the internet with the client side need to install anything.
I.e use add network location option in my computer
Or a client programme that is user friendly

The server side will need to run on my computer,
looked at FreeNas thats not an option,
Filezilla looks like it the best option server side of things but uses a client programe.

Im happy to run any programmes/OS's in a VM if that were needed.

Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-hard-drive-over-internet-without-client-programes.207578/
Relevancy 52.03%

In Vista, what happens when you enable password protected file sharing over normal file sharing?

I realize it requires credentials but what is changed on the system to require this?

If I enable just File Sharing (and not the password protected option) and have the share/NTFS permissions set for a user, connecting to the share fails as it never prompts for the username/password.

When you turn on password protected sharing you are prompted then for a username/password. What I want to know is what changes on the system to then prompt for credentials?

Same thing in reverse. If I set the 'require password for sharing' and have the group 'Everyone' in the share and NTFS permissions I am still prompted for credentials if I connect.

Thanks!
Todd

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202096-file-sharing-vs-password-protected-file-sharing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Iv'e shared my public files folder on the home network and everything was OK One day all 'Advanced Settings' change isn't [SOLVED] working Sharing sharing and Can't file the computers lost the access to the folder When I got to the setting I saw that 'Public folder sharing' option was of I switch it back to 'On' Saving and nothing Getting back to this dialog box and sees it's still off screenshot Sometimes it's get back to 'On' byitself and still no access to [SOLVED] Can't change 'Advanced Sharing Settings' and file sharing isn't working the folder STRANGE BEHAVIOUR Once I suceeeded accessing and seeing only Videos and Music folders was shown for a moment and then lost access Iv'e checked that all the services are running and they are I'm tried to use System restore No luck Any ideas ADDITIONAL DETAILES OS Windows Network profile on thie computer quot Home network quot I'm using Norton Internet Security firewall eliminating the chance it's the problem I tried disabling it and then trying to access the folders - no luck All the computers connect through TP-LINK router this computer is wired another is wired to and the third is wireless Niether the wired and the wireless can access this computer

A:[SOLVED] Can't change 'Advanced Sharing Settings' and file sharing isn't working

anybody?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f138/solved-cant-change-advanced-sharing-settings-and-file-sharing-isnt-working-618628.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

I have a wireless network set up in my house and I want to share some of the folders on my computer so that other family members can listen to my music etc. When I click to turn Network Discovery on, and click apply, it just stays off, same goes for File Sharing.
When I try to turn public folder sharing on, after I click apply I get an error message saying "incorrect function". I have shared stuff on my work network so I'm not sure what's wrong here.

Thanks
MrsB

A:Can't turn Network Discovery, File Sharing and Public Folder Sharing on

Make sure your network is designated home or work; NOT public.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-turn-network-discovery-file-sharing-and-public-folder-sharing-on.896468/
Relevancy 51.6%

Here is my problem client cant no limited host, internet sharing connection, view up untill today i was having no problems with my computers I setup the network myself and i could share files and printers from both computers I was sharing an internet connection via and internet connection sharing gateway Today it all stopped working I reset up my network using the xp wizard and enabled the connection sharing Now my network seems to be going only way From the host computer i can see shared files on the client computer but from the client computer i cant access the host computer limited connection, client cant view host, no internet sharing When i enable the connection sharing and then reconnect my dial up connection it will share it will pop up on the client computer and say there is a internet gateway when i go to use any internet programs explorer msn or anything else i dont get any response and limited connection, client cant view host, no internet sharing then after a minute or two the internet connection sharing icon in the tray disapears while the internet is still connected on limited connection, client cant view host, no internet sharing the host computer and i can not get it back untill i disable the connection sharing then enable it again and reconnect my dial up connection I am using the ip adresses HOST ip subnetmask CLIENT ip subnet also i have tryed with auto ip setting when i use automated ip setttings i get quot limited or no connectivity quot message on the client computer also under the administrative tools local security settings user rights assignment i have enabled quot Everyone quot under allow access to this computer option im stumped for what reason would i be able to share one way and why would this happen after it has been working for so long without a problem i am using windows xp pro on the host and windows xp home on the client computers any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a netbook home bit win and a PC bit pro win sharing the same wired hub I want them to be entirely 'un-networked' so that no communication between them is possible I have tried to turn off 'file and printer sharing' on my PC because and printer sharing sharing auto-enabling file and Network i assume i should but when i reboot i find Network sharing and auto-enabling file and printer sharing it turned back on I've seen this problem addressed in this and other forums but no solution that i could comprehend I also have a VMP media player running off the Network sharing and auto-enabling file and printer sharing hub and would like to access video files on my PC from that device but only if that does not compromise access between netbook and PC I should add - in case it's not obvious - that i really don't have much of a clue what i'm doing and am very confused with the myriad options Particularly the 'local' 'home or work' 'public' 'all' and media streaming options whatever they are I'd be grateful if someone could explain and or confirm what radio buttons to tick to achieve what i want to do Many thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387954-network-sharing-auto-enabling-file-printer-sharing.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have just assumed responsibility for a private school LAN. We have 27 clients running win 98 and a file server running NT server. Users can reach the internet weather they log into the LAN or not. How to I amend this so they must be logged in to surf the net?

We are using a Web Ramp connected to the hub. All the clients are set to automatically configior an IP add.
Thanks In advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-server-and-ie-5-client-for-msn.29016/
Relevancy 51.17%

Dear sir,
i am working in a company as it admin. i am managing all system as client/server . in client machine i am using xp sp2 where as in server using windows 2003. couple of weak ago a very important file is deleted from the server. I don't know who has this file deleted . plz suggest me.
Q.how would i identify that from which machine has this file been deleted.
i have to know the user name with machine or ip address.
Q. is it possible to know the machine name and ip addess from the file of deleted machine(client).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/client-server-349519.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My friend and I set up an FTP server and client system, it was working fine at his house (on the same connection together) and again fine at my house (on the same connection again). So we leave back to our houses and try it and it doesn't work. I have FlashfXP and BulletProof FTP Server. Are there settings I can change or someway my firewall is messing it up. Thanks,
Chad

A:FTP Server and Client Help

yes please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-server-and-client-help.178807/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi my ultimate goal for my questions is so that my laptop can access my home LAN anywhere as long as it has the server and client VPN Internet For example I have network shares named A Z B D on my home network My laptop when it is in the LAN can just map those shares Well I want the exact same kind of direct access anywhere with the internet I've already gotten an account VPN client and server with No-IP so the dynamic IP problem is taken care of I've also created an incoming VPN connection on my LAN server and a VPN connection on my laptop and the connection actually got connected but the subnet mask is always and I cannot access the LAN The solution I'm trying right now is to use Windows Server R gotten from DreamSpark and Microsoft ForeFront actually its predecessor ISA Server which I got from an IT course I've taken which amount other things is a VPN Server However there must be an easier solution than to use Enterprise grade software right By the way I do know there are easier solutions like Dropbox but I just want to know how to do it

A:VPN client and server

You need to make sure that you've got your routing and remote access server role configured correctly. You should be receiving an IP that allows for browsing the network, although netbios doesn't always work easily depending on the network topology. A couple of simple issues I've encountered are things like trying the VPN from within the network (rarely works), connecting from a network with the same subnet as the one you're connecting to (having the internal network 192.168.1.x locally and the network being connected to having the same 192.168.1.x address range), and lastly having firewalls not play nicely. I don't think you're having that issue since you've received an IP, albeit one that has a restrictive subnet mask. Start by checking the routing and remote access configuration on the server to make sure it's handing out the correct information to remote clients.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vpn-client-and-server-644528.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All

I want all incoming and outgoing data from my PC to be more secure, so I
I want to set up an SSH server on my Home PC using Cygwin, but I also want the SSH client to be on my PC. Is this possible, or do I need to have an external/second PC to act as the server? Also, if all my internet traffic goes through this SSH server, how will it affect my normal browsing? Will I have issues connecting to my regular websites (youtube, facebook, msn, yahoo, gmail, etc etc)?

Thank you

A:SSH server and client on the same PC

Umm...that is not going to make anything more or less secure. SSH is for creating secure connections to remote systems. (Mainly for administrating) It creates a VPN in a way. It does not make your browser usage secure. Connecting to an SSH server on the local machine is pointless anyways. You are already on the local machine!

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/240810-ssh-server-client-same-pc.html
Relevancy 51.17%

what "Makes" a server a server, and a client a client.

In other words, what would you expect to see running (software wise)

If you had say

XP
NT

if somone asked you "is that a server or a client" how could you tell ?

cheers

Relevancy 51.17%

Im thinking about getting windows server 2008 and building a machine for it to use as well, a server, for storage and hosting multiplayer games.

So my question is, how much faster or smoother would a dedicated game server run on a actual server machine rather than a peer to peer client machine?

Would i beable to notice the benefits? Would it be a waste of money?

A:Server or Client?

It would be a huge waste of money in a home setting IMO. There is very little to be gained, and the server versions of Windows are pretty costly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-or-client.694392/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys I m pulling my hair out here trying to understand Winsock headers My lecturer must have a sick sense of humour as he s set us the task of writing a UDP client server after only studying C for months I ve managed to get a server up and listening to a socket I ve got the client to send the message and the server to pick it up and print it to screen The remaining horrors are Read the IP address of sender and print to screen just reading to a vairiable is the bit I m stuck at Echoing the message back to sender and reading it I m a bit lost on this - can this be done with a simple swap from a send to receive socket And how does the server get the info to send C++ client/server UDP to client - may be related to above Any help you guys can give would be great nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-udp-client-server.659338/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

I have a Belkin F5D7632-4 Modem with wireless G router which I am able to access the internet with my laptop absolutely fine.

But I would like to know how to share my printer on my desktop PC and files with my laptop using the router.

I am a beginner at routers and wireless networks and I had a bit of a game at setting it up a few months ago. It would be nice to share the printer between my desktop and laptop as well as other files.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

Ive recently tried to share my secondary drive and noticed that there is no sharing tab in the properties dialogue.
After checking other drives, folders and files i've found that not one has the sharing tab visible.

I'm logged on as the computer administrator, have file and printer sharing installed and enabled, have unchecked "simple file sharing" and have looked all over the internet for a solution short of reinstalling windows.

I cannot understand why it has disappeared from all properties dialogue globally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:File sharing problems. Sharing tab missing globally.

Forgot to mention, I am running Windows XP Pro with Service pack 3 installed and all windows updates are up to date.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-sharing-problems-sharing-tab-missing-globally-365994.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

I have a client who would like 2 computers already connected to a router for a shared DSL connection to be able to share files. My problem is this: This is an office and the 2 computers are quite a distance from each other. I am trying to figure out the most cost effective and efficient way to link these two together for enabling file sharing? What kind of cables would I need and what are the steps I should take on each PC to set them up properly? They are both fairly new Dell computers with Windows XP. (I'm thinking Pro edition)

Please help me with this. Detailed steps and information would be much appreciated. My usual method of NIC cards and connecting cables just won't work here. I'm puzzled what the best way would be. Thank you so much in advance for your reply!

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello All,

I took over supporting a sm. business that has 7 workstations, 2 networked printers and 2 local printers. The bldg. has a DSL connection and the modem goes through a router. All the workstations and networked printers connect to a single 16 port switch which is connected to a server running MS SBS 2003 r2. My question is where should the internet connect to? If I connect it to the switch everyone has internet which is fine but shouldn't I connect it to a secondary NIC in the server instead? What services would I need to configure to allow that type of configuration? Oh BTW, the server is set as a DHCP, file server.
With the internet connected to the switch directly users are reporting slow response when accessing shared files on the server, etc.

Any comments are appreciated.

A:Client-Server Networking

If you don't need to control Internet access, the simpler configuration will just be to connect the router directly to the switch and let it be the DHCP server. Disable the DHCP server on the SBS server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/client-server-networking.731817/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a client that is trying to share data from a server (server 2003) to workstations (XP home) at multiple remote locations through RDP. Remote Desktop will allow me to show drives from the local machines in the Remote Desktop session but I would like the server shares/drives to appear on the local machines. That is to say, I would like for the connecting local devices, drives feature of RD to work in the other direction. Anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks in advance

Relevancy 50.31%

They will not have email servers for each client progrem but I suspect that you are talking about three different services there On only one of them is your ISP acting as an email server For the other two your ISP is just providing connectivity to the internet with the email servers being hosted by other organisations goolgle for GMail and Microsoft for outlook com Thunderbird is an email client program and may well be pointed at the ISPs email server to collect email from the email account that comes bundled with the connection ISPs will frequently have many servers forming their email infrastructure but apart from having different functions in the grand scheme of things client? ISP for an email server different each Does a have they the only split from a customer PoV will be between home user and business email x ps Outlook could also refer to an email client program that could collect email from your ISP email account I Does an ISP have a different server for each email client? was assuming that your use of Outlook refered to Outlook com formerly Hotmail - the web based free email provider

A:Does an ISP have a different server for each email client?

Your ISP has no way of knowing what email client you are using.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543590/does-an-isp-have-a-different-server-for-each-email-client/
Relevancy 50.31%

I ve built several desktop computer one of for client a Need build PCs 8 server to which is pretty Need to build a server for 8 client PCs high-end But I ve never worked with a server before and I don t know what the differences are I also need to get this done pretty quickly -- like I need to have a list of parts by next week Below are the requirements and further down is a list of parts I used to build the high-end computer about yrs ago I m thinking the server could just use updated versions of those parts They were all purchased at www newegg com The web server is used to provide access to interviews in web mode as well as project management and reporting over the web To ensure reporting activities do not impact data collection the number of servers required is dependent on the expected load This server s has to be installed and configured onto your domain prior to Voxco installation The web server s must be a dedicated machine for Voxco s solution and should run only the web server software Operating System -- Microsoft Windows R Standard Edition Server -bit latest service pack Hardware -- Server-class machine with Dual Quad-Core Xeon Opteron Processor with a minimum of GB RAM Memory is function of your project volume and number of seats on the field Software -- IIS or IIS with II Compatibility mode for Windows and Microsoft NET Framework must be installed Disk capacity -- Typically Gb Hard disk Compared to modern hard disk capacity disk space is not critical on the web server s Networking -- Gigabit TCP IP enabled link to a switch PARTS USED FOR DESKTOP COMPUTER ASUS DRW- B ST BLK B AS Black SATA X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM Item N E Corsair Obsidian Series D CC DW Black Aluminum Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case Item N E BYTECC Bracket- Inch HDD SSD Mounting Kit For quot Drive Bay or Enclosure Item N E ASUS EN SILENT DI GD V LP GeForce GB -bit DDR PCI Express x Low Profile Ready Video Card Item N E COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RS - GAD -US W ATX V v EPS V v SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Item N E Arctic Silver AA- G Thermal Compound Item N E CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M X C Item N E Intel BOXDX TO LGA Intel X SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Item N E Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge-E GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX i K Item N E XIGMATEK Dark Knight II SD Night Hawk Edition CPU Cooler with Stealth Aerospace Industry Thermal conductive ceramic coating Item N E Crucial M CT M SSD quot GB SATA III MLC mm Internal Solid State Drive SSD Item N E x Seagate ST NM TB MB Cache SAS Gb s - OEM LSI MegaRAID SAS - i LSI PCI-Expre areca CB- P- SFF- Inernal MiniSAS to SFF- nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-build-a-server-for-8-client-pcs.1156663/
Relevancy 50.31%

At work I am having an issue with my PIV card which is not being read by the information system that I am trying to access. What do you think might be the issue?

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey all I have workstations and one server and we re having trouble keeping the workstations connected to the shared drives on our server I think that it might be a DNS error but don t know how to isolate it Our network is configured as follows DNS; Server-Client-Internet... clients connecting to our router and server also connected to our router and our router then is connected to our modem The DNS on our server is set to be static with a preferred DNS of x x x and nothing for the secondary Our client machines are using the DNS provided to us by our ISP which is x x x and a secondary of x x DNS; Server-Client-Internet... x Now my question is should our server be using the ISP DNS settings or should the client machines be using the server DNS setting or should they all be using the same thing and if so how will that impact our connecting to our domain and or the internet Also you might be able to shed some light on the fact that our windows clients seem to be able to connect to our server much faster and more efficient than our WinXP boxes and don t lose connectivity Do you know why that is Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey there I am in an odd situation I like to play Warrock a free online multiplayer game check it out btw My lappy has Wireless VPN ICS system with and VPN Lan on Server, XP pro on same Client card i use to connect VPN Server, VPN Client and ICS on Lan on same system with XP pro to crappy router when router stalls i have to switch it off on again this causes my network adapter to get in quot media disconnected state quot which causes warrock to prompt me quot No connectivity quot and throw me out of the game So i though a good solution would be to create a VPN host on my XP pro Then crate a VPN client and connect to the local VPN host This part works well This way I always have atleast always-on connection so I can reset my router and when packets start getting through again my game will resume from same location happy happy also I enabled ICS Internet Connection Sharing on the wireless connection so VPN host can forward packets to the Internet via it the problem is it doesn t work while my VPN client is in connected mode i cannot access internet even via firefox if you need to know metrics or other info following is dump for quot netstat -r quot Here the is my static IP of my router and is dynamic on VPN client connection HTML Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric I would really appreciate your help Thanks Cassamine nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-server-vpn-client-and-ics-on-lan-on-same-system-with-xp-pro.647875/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi All

I want all incoming and outgoing data from my PC(Windows 7 ultimate) to be more secure, so I
I want to set up an SSH server on my Home PC using Cygwin, but I also want the SSH client to be on my PC. Is this possible, or do I need to have an external/second PC to act as the server? Also, if all my internet traffic goes through this SSH server, how will it affect my normal browsing? Will I have issues connecting to my regular websites (youtube, facebook, msn, yahoo, gmail, etc etc)?

Thank you

Relevancy 50.31%

A friend gave me a PC from his job. However it has a Novel Client Server login and clicking the X or hitting cancel or OK won't get me in. It has the spaces to fill in the server and tree ecDoes anyone know how I can bypass or disable this so I can get into windows?

Thanks in advance for any help I get.

Relevancy 50.31%

I've spent the best part of a month trying to get a VPN connection from a Windows Ultimate client to a Windows Pro server After all of the client Server from VPN W7U W8.1 problems Pro to below I have today managed to get a VPN connection from the W client to the W server but Network and Sharing Center on W says 'RAS Dial In Interface Public Network Access Type No internet access' and although the W client shows that the connection was successful I can't see the VPN network I have VPN problems from W7U client to W8.1 Pro Server no actual access to ANYTHING on the W PC Below are details of the configurations Connections The W client is connected to the internaet via 'Internet Sharing' on my Nokia Lumia The W Server is connected via my Virgin Super Hub router So both the server and the client have different WAN 'external' IPs Router The WAN IP although I haven't paid for static ALWAYS stays the same After multiple failures I've changed the default gateway on the server W from to so as to avoid IP clashing I can get access to the internet so there appears to be no connectivity issues associated with the change of Gateway IP I've opened the following ports on my Virgin Super Hub TCP TCP amp UDP TCP amp UDP UDP UDP TCP UDP TCP amp UDP ALL pointing to the W PC at Initially I opened only but with no success it was only when I opened the others that I connected to the server I've allowed pass through on Ipsec PPTP and 'Multicast' Windows VPN Client PC I've successfully set up a VPN connection to the W server PC Using the Virgin Super Hub router WAN IP that is current and regularly checked via the Network and Sharing Center Windows VPN Server PC I've successfully set up an 'Incoming Connections' via the Network and Sharing Center I've created a user and recorded the username and password for such I've ticked the IPv IPv 'File and Sharing for Microsoft Networks' and the QoS Packet Scheduler boxes in the 'Incoming Connections' properties I've allowed all of the above ports through the firewall I've allowed Remote acces to the computer via System Properties Remote ALL files etc are set to 'Shared' and they can be accessed via Homegroup from the W pc I'm at a loss to understand why even though the client declares that a VPN connection has been made that there is no actual access to ANYTHING AT ALL on the server nor when the W client declares that there is a VPN connection to the W server is there any internet access on the W client I respectfully ask for your guidance

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65176-vpn-problems-w7u-client-w8-1-pro-server.html
Relevancy 50.31%

First i start a little of topic: thank you guy's for helping me on my last problem thanks.
but i have a new 1 for you
I'm trying to connect over VPN to a other pc there both on the same network so i try locally first it works.
After that i go trow my router i port mapped port 1723 TCP and UDP to the server and 500 and 50 and 51 and 47 all TCP and UDP after i did this is try connecting going to the outside.
And what happens then:
everything looks well at start than i get the “verifying username and password” screen then it just dies out slowly and pain fully.
Do i just miss a port or what ?
Anybody had this problem and fixed it ?
Thanks for reading my post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-vpn-server-and-vpn-client.471654/
Relevancy 50.31%

In our office we have one server and about 15 clients.
When the server goes down or reboots there is no Internet.
Why can't a client get internet when the server is down.

Is it a DNS issue?
The server is connected to the switch, and I have a spare box that i was thinking i could put a backup of that service.
DSL modem> 24 port switch> SERVER, CLIENTS.

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a small domain set up in my house for my MCSA studies. I'm using Virtual PC and have a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition DC/DNS server and one XP Pro Client. Server01 and Client01.

I have created a User account for myself in Active Directory and am a member of the Domain Admins. Client01 is shown as a member of the domain both in AD and in it's own System Properties. I can ping the server from the client and access it in My Network Places. However, I cannot ping the Client from the server, nor can I access Client01 from My Network Places on the Server.

I am also able to log on to the client using my domain username and password. This has me stumped.
There is no firewall running on either machine. I even checked IE security settings but that isn't the problem. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 50.31%

When Trying to connect wireless from my laptop to another laptop I am getting the following message:

TCP Client Error

Error while trying to connect to the server: Connection time out: Connection

What do I need to do to correct this error?

Thank you in advance.

Mr. Purrington

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/tcp-client-server-help-needed-312579.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Is it not possible to make a program be both a client & server? I'm new to the winsock control & just finished reading PINO's basic intro. I did the peer-to-peer project for client/server chat. However, I want the program to be both a server & a client so two people don't have to worry about one being the server & one being the client.

I have the code for the program to listen. However, when I put the code for it to make a connection & click the button for that code, it states "invalid operation at current state".

So is it possible to have a program be both a client & server? I think it is and maybe it needs 2 winsock controls? Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:winsock - client AND server

Here you can find an example in C++: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/WSFileTransfer.aspx?df=100&forumid=288198&exp=0&select=1435288

If you want to run client and server from the same exe at the same time, you should use threads (or fork).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winsock-client-and-server.660807/
Relevancy 50.31%

For many years I have been using Ventrilo as a non-SIP based Voip program due to its simplicity. It works great, but the codec is dated, and the program is loaded in so many proprietary shackles it is ridiculous (aside from that creepy tracking feature.) However, one nice aspect is that it uses TCP for its voice packets (so they all arrive sounding normal.)

I tried using Mumble, but it only has a TCP mode as an afterthought and you cannot configure servers to force TCP mode for all clients. I do like how it is encrypted though (few actually bother with this.)

Does anyone know of something like Vent/TS/Mumble that uses Opus or a similar high quality codec, without tracking features, and uses TCP? I would really prefer not to have to program something entirely myself...

A:TCP Voip Client/Server

Can't just block UDP so clients can only connect via TCP?

What about uMurmur?

https://hardforum.com/threads/tcp-voip-client-server.1880538/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all I 5 interruptions TCP client/server second am currently working on 5 second TCP client/server interruptions a project that is giving me trouble for quite some time now Using c and VS I wrote a client and server application that is TCP IP based on a really basic level The project idea is simple A server sends some image data to a client Later on to multiple clients The amount of data may change depending on how fast the server can acquire images e g webcam fps MB s or more By design the client server connection must not be delayed 5 second TCP client/server interruptions sine all delayed data is immediately thrown away I know some of you will say quot use UDP quot but since it obviously should also work with TCP and I don't want to lose any packages at all I want to use TCP During server client execution I now noticed some unexpected image freezes Observing the process monitor's task manager's I O tab I noticed a second delay during each of the freeze periods These freezes are occurring randomly and I cannot reproduce them at will Here is a log print of the data rate per seconds MB s MB s MB s MB s MB s MB s MB s MB s MB s MB s MB s MB s First I thought that the sdk I'm using had some problems with winsockets Therefore I also implemented a version of both server and client using another c sdk and later on for confirmation java Testing all combinations on MS Windows I realized that the error is occurring with each server client combination Then I checked the same portable java code on XP and Linux systems The result was that on XP and Linux the server client system worked without any freezes On Windows it did not And since I have no idea what the problem could be I am now asking you the community for some ideas I already tried to turn of the Nagle algorithm that according to some forum post may sometimes cause problems Using Google I've found a link to a similar question But for me none of those answers are helpfull I also tried the suggestions in the following forum I guess since the problem is only occurring on Windows systems something has to be different in the way Windows handles TCP connections compared to Windows XP Thanks in advance for any responses

A:5 second TCP client/server interruptions

Hi rhodanos,
Sorry for the confusion in my steps, for steps three, it can be also applied into the Windows Vista later. So you can try the command on Windows 7 for disabling SMBv2.
After that, please let me know the result.
Besides, I'm not familiar with the script, so I'm afraid I couldn't help you to check this.
Thanks for your understanding.
Annie

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/575b8087-6c9a-4bdc-8f12-163f10c29c70/5-second-tcp-clientserver-interruptions?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

Have a Thinkpad A M- - TU Intel Pro Mini combo adapter with NIC and K modem running Windows Professional SP I attempted to connect to LAN domain controller is SBS Followed step by step instructions as per Microsoft s SBS domain - W K client configuration on Client SBS4.5 Server W2K and have other W K Pro clients running with no problems In attempting the configuration of the A M at the point where I submit the username password and domain I have received Semaphore Timeout errors Only periodically does the A M actually receive packets from the domain server and then the number is very limited I have also installed the latest drivers for the NIC from Intel and the latest Priority Packet software Ran PC-Doctor test on Network card Network Test Passed I have tried W2K Client on SBS4.5 Server it with a static IP address previously I could only get an intermittent ping response from the domain server when attempting W2K Client on SBS4.5 Server to connect to the domain but then nothing If I check the packet activity on the W K client it is receiving sporadic packets but nothing substantial Some attempts to connect to the domain with the username password and domain get incoming packet activity from the domain server but then I receive the quot semaphore timeout quot error Other similar attempts within minutes of the previous one sees no incoming packets Are there configuration settings for the adapter in the quot Advanced quot tab that I should be looking into This is the list of properties and current settings Adaptive Inter-Frame Spacing - Adaptive Link Response - Off Adaptive W2K Client on SBS4.5 Server Technology - On Adaptive Transmit Threshold - Coalesce Buffers - Enable PME - No Action Link Speed amp Duplex - Mbps Full duplex Locally Administered Address - PCI Bus Efficiency - Disabled QoS Packet Tagging - Disabled Receive Buffers - Respond to Flow Control - On Smart Power Down - Disabled Transmit Control Blocks - Am at a loss Any ideas Or should I just assume that the NIC is cooked thx in advance Jason nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-client-on-sbs4-5-server.51232/
Relevancy 50.31%

As I google for this all I find is ways to install the cisco vpn client on 2k3. I have a 2k3 domain setup with routing and remote access, pptp and l2tp vpn's running. Is it possible to use the cisco vpn client on my client machines, xp, vista, 7 to connect to the server?

Relevancy 49.88%

Guys,
I need some expertise "know how" in this matter. I have an office in location A and another office in location B.
A is protected by Firewall-1 Checkpoint and running Exchange 5.5 mail system. Point B is using Proxy Server 1.1 and Exchange 5.5.
Office A is the HQ and Office B is the branch. I need to sync the Exchange for these 2 offices. How do I go about doing it?
I intend to use only VPN remote client access to login users from Location B to Location A. By doing so, I dun think I sync my Exchange on both end but at least I can control those those login in via VPN.
Ideas/advices much appreciated.
Gracias
keet

A:VPN client access via Proxy Server

are you using the vpn that comes with the OS or a third party client?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-client-access-via-proxy-server.43383/
Relevancy 49.88%

I need to know about the procedure/software to test the speed of data transmission (i.e uploading & downloading of same size/format file) from my client PC to Server PC. The time taken by Client to ping the server and vice versa.
In our organization we have a server PC in Head office and have outstation clients. We have best internet services but still facing issue while pinging from client to server. in outstation we use IVPN to connect server.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/help-server-client-ip-speed-testing-4602625/
Relevancy 49.88%

DOS Client cannot connect to XP Professional SMB Server Please forgive the length of this message I am trying to be comprehensive Let me first describe all of the contenders involved in this little affair I have one MS-DOS client that I will call DOSM one Windows XP Professional system connect to cannot (Professional) Client Server DOS SMB XP that I will call XPM and a laptop also running XP Professional that I will call XPLT The DOS Client cannot connect to XP (Professional) SMB Server three above computers are connected via a network hub not a switch The goal is to successfully connect DOSM to XPM via NetBIOS over NetBEUI The problem obviously is that they cannot currently connect As I just mentioned DOSM is running DOS and using NetBIOS over NetBEUI I have the other two systems XPM and XPLT configured DOS Client cannot connect to XP (Professional) SMB Server to support the NetBEUI protocol I have created shares on XPM and XPLT configured file system permissions and configured share permissions for the DOSM user to connect I am not using the XP s simple file sharing scheme but am requiring real user and password authentication Interestingly enough DOSM CAN connect to XPLT without issue but can not connect to XPM First I tried to eliminate all of the standard mishaps associated with such a problem I started by checking the XP firewall settings and I believe they are acceptable I have tested this connection with the firewall disabled I have checked DOS Client cannot connect to XP (Professional) SMB Server both group policy system settings and the security template for both machines XPM XPLT attempting to remove differences between the two or to see a potential reason why XPM would not authenticate the DOSM user while XPLT would authenticate I saw no appreciable difference in security settings between XPM and XPLT Next I tried looking at the specific error received on DOSM When attempting to connect to XPM I receive the following Error Access has been denied This is not the most helpful error message that I have seen in my time but so be it Checking XPM reveals slightly more information I receive two errors in the security log of XPM that are of relevance here EventID This error message provides the DOSM user account connecting to XPM the username is correct and an error code xC A EventID Unknown user name or bad password After a little searching I quickly discovered that error xC A means that the client attempted a logon with a bad password Interesting says I So it appears that DOSM is logging on XPM with the correct user name but providing a bad password please remember that DOSM can connect to XPLT Dig a little deeper Viewing the network traffic between DOSM and XPM does not lend much more information I have come to understand that the base protocol in question here for authentication reasons is SMB server message block During the initial handshaking that takes place the two machines are supposed to determine an authentication scheme to use and then authenticate based on that scheme DOSM provides XPM with a list of those schemes that it supports DOSM supports the following authentication schemes PC NETWORK PROGRAM MICROSOFT NETWORKS DOS LM X It is my understanding that DOS LM X is essentially the same as Lanman but provides DOS compatible error codes XPM responds to negotiate the protocols with the authentication scheme it chooses to use XPM says back Dialect Index Greater than CORE PROTOCOL and up to LANMAN I am still slightly confused about which protocol it is really choosing here Is XPM picking MICROSOFT NETWORKS or DOS LM X Perhaps this is the answer to the problem It is clear that XPM is running in USER security mode and wants to receive both a username and an encrypted password what it calls a challenge response Anyway after choosing the authentication scheme and demanding a username and password XPM waits for a response from DOSM DOSM promptly responds with a username and encrypted password This is where things break... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

Can someone please tell me how to either delete this without hazardous effects or control this damn thing I m Server Runtime Client Process so sick of it it say s it s a critical system process when I try to end process yet this thing keeps popping up ads on my desktop for porn for anything this is nothing but spam directly from Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft I m on a cable modem so this thing stays on constantly and I get sick of seeing these Client Server Runtime Process ads pop up I don t have to be on Internet explorer or any web browser for that matter for it to happen I can play a game and boom it pops up minimizes my game so if anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it fyi - this is called csrp exe it s in windows system folder I keep an active connection so I can t shut off my internet I m using windows xp Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/client-server-runtime-process.115114/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm running Filezilla Server on a custom built Server, client issues Filezilla FTP box I have Filezilla Server, FTP client issues set all my users up and their passwords I set their permissions to have correct permissions to modify create delete append and create directories and delete directoris My users use filezilla client as well as Windows Explorer to do transfers to and from the server My problems are when i first create user accounts i and my users can cut move and delete but after - minutes or so or after making a few transfers with the ability to cut delete through windows explorer the ability is lost with an error that pops up stating quot Invalid Handle quot On the Client Side we use Windows Filezilla Server, FTP client issues explorer more so than file zilla client file zilla will always allow us to delete but my question is why do i loose the ability on my clients to move and delete though the settings state the same as i set where i have set them Can anyone shed some light onto as why i lose this ability Please help with this Thanks Jon

A:Filezilla Server, FTP client issues

Does this only happen in the time span specified, or after a reboot aswell.?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181679-filezilla-server-ftp-client-issues.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Over the last year a co-worker and I have been developing a complex Job-Costing system in a Microsoft Access Database (4.0). It is a 50 Meg file that is on our Server. The problem is that only one person can Access the Database at a time. This is going to be hell when we accually release this to the other 15 people is the office. I have experimented with an access 2000 Project (MSDE Client/Server) but I dont think it is the option for our office. I was wondering what was needed to make our database multi-user. It says it can handle up to 255 multiple users, and 1 user is far from that limit.
Please give me all the information you can. Thanks.

A:Access 2000 -> Client/Server with Jet 4.0

Tools-Options, Advanced (I think) tab. Default login should be SHARED, not EXCLUSIVE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2000-client-server-with-jet-4-0.46713/
Relevancy 49.88%

Does anyone have any experience with Microsoft's Thin Client servers and machines? I would like to set up a small network using thin clients but have not heard much about it. Any tips, suggestions, stories, etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-thin-client-server-and-machines.30746/