Windows Support Forum

Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

Q: Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

I have an internet connection that I have extended to my Brother in law's house, next door. At the moment, I basically have two LAN cables coming out of my modem/router, one going to my computer and another, extended cable, going to his computer.
However, he wants to use his spare modem/router, which has wifi capability, to allow his son to use his own computer downstair with only wifi.
Therefore, will there be any conflicts if I simply splice in a Lan cable or add a lan socket for the second modem/router (wifi location.) at the appropriate point along Lan cable 2? See diagram below.
If there is a possibility of conflict what would be an alternate wiring method?

Thanks,
Tom.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

Good drawing and this will work just fine. In fact, that's what I use to get access at the far end of the house. Here's the trick;

router#1(lan slot) ---- (lan slot) router#2 with wifi​
Notice that #2 WAN slot is left empty! This places all systems on the same subnet of the router#1 {what you are doing is making router#2 act like a switch which has wifi support (y) }

* Give router# a unique LAN address (If #1 is 192.168.1.1, then make #2 192.168.1.1) This will allow each to be manage via a browser connection
* in router#2 disable DHCP. This forces #1 to be the manager of the entire network and it will handout all IP addresses
Personally, I use the MAC addresses of my devices to enable router#1 to use Address Reservation of IP address for all devices attached to #1 (ie I map the devices to the range 1.2-> 1.10)

Then set the DHCP range in #1 to 1.100-1.50
These will be used for all devices attached (wired or wifi) to #2

Optional:
All systems can then use the firewall to allow or deny access for one or both halves of the network. EG: I permit access for 1-10 and 255 while denying 100-254​ALL system must allow the top-end address 255 as that is the broadcast address that is used to hand out the DHCP data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-extra-wifi-modem-router-to-my-already-extended-network.203204/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all Not sure if you remember me been gone for a while So far I have a cable linksys router for my rigs at home Works great - constant internet access no hiccups it s awesome However lately I ve been thinking of using some WiFi devices mainly Apple s Ipod Touch when I m just bored around the house or something But there s a slight problem - how do I get WiFi I guess if I had a wireless router it d all quot just work quot However I like my current setup and don t want extensive switching to a whole WiFi cabled (router) Adding existing system? to network an different router what am I going to Adding WiFi to an existing cabled network (router) system? do with these cables I spent so much time on routing around doors and walls Is there some kind of WiFi quot antenna quot I can connect to my router more open slots right now which I can use for wireless devices Or maybe connect a wireless router to my cabled router O o Also after I Adding WiFi to an existing cabled network (router) system? get a wireless thing do I expect it to quot just work quot Or is there some complicated setup involving WiFi I searched Adding WiFi to an existing cabled network (router) system? Newegg but didn t find anything of the sort other than wireless routers obviously Any cheap solution I don t want to splurge another bucks after getting handheld WiFi-enabled device - - nbsp

A:Adding WiFi to an existing cabled network (router) system?

Rick said:

A wireless access point should be the solution. They look a lot like routers usually - but without the routing stuff. .

This device would basically just add wireless capability to your existing setup without interfering with your current configuration.

An issue to consider though is that APs tend to be just as expensive as their router counterparts, despite routers having more versatility. For this reason, you may want to consider getting a router, but turning off its DHCP-server function and not plugging any devices into is WAN port (basically turns it into an AP). It would add a little extra confusion, but the extra utility might be nice...Click to expand...

Aha, interesting... Any specific pointers for a wireless access point? I actually read about them in a how stuff works WiFi article, but I couldn't find anything specific on Newegg. If I were to get a wireless router (again, any specific pointers? ), do I have to replace my main router? Or can I connect the wireless router to one of my main router slots :evil:?

Either way, thanks for the quick reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-to-an-existing-cabled-network-router-system.100688/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I recently bought dlink D2750U WIFI ADSL modem/router, for my ADSL internet connection.

But I have now changed my ISP, who provide internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem(old modem) along with it.

I have connected my PC this way:
Cable modem -> Router -> PC through RJ45. I am able to access internet from my PC, but I am not able to get wifi working on the router. And I am logging onto internet through a dial up connection.
Questions:
1) Please help in configuring the router to get wifi working.
2) Also, my default gateway seems to be either 0.0.0.0 or blank. So, I am not able to login to the modem unless I remove the modem connection. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Here are a few more details:
Output of ipconfig: http://pastebin.com/Zr9Eb7L7

A:Using dlink D2750U Wifi Modem/Router As a Wifi Router

Hey Narain. The D-Link unit you have appears to be a combo unit (modem and wireless router) since it connects straight to the RJ-11 phone line. This unit won't work with an ISP that provides service by way of coax cable. The D-Link will work if you want to use DSL, but you need a cable service compatible modem or combo modem/router if you use cable service.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dlink-d2750u-wifi-modem-router-as-a-wifi-router.199643/
Relevancy 74.39%

Just moved in and brought my ADSL wifi modem Belkin F1PI241EGau with me, but over here there is cable and the provider supplied me with their modem motorola Surfboard SB5101E. I would like to connect these two to use the wifi. Would that be possible?

Thank you

A:Can i connect my adsl2/2+ wifi modem/router to cable modem?

Not really. The ADSL router doesn't have the correct WAN interface. You need a standard router with an Ethernet WAN connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-connect-my-adsl2-2-wifi-modem-router-to-cable-modem.820259/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello one and all I am sincerely hoping someone can assist with my little networking problem as i m tearing my hair out now Here at work we have a Vigor Modem Router hosting our connection to the world It was originally on DHCP amp the computers amp printers found their own IP addresses without problem We added a Linksys router via ethernet to a lan port not the wan in another area of the yard This on Adding wifi a static IP to router router was fine also on DHCP and connecting wirelessly from a laptop or mobile phone was a doddle Then our oh so wonderful IT geek Adding a wifi router to router on static IP decided to put the Vigor on a Static IP along with all the computers connected to it This has some how cut off the wifi capability of the Linksys router now It is basically acting as a hub for two laptops and nothing else In simplistic terms with some detail what settings need changing on the Linksys if any The Adding a wifi router to router on static IP Vigors internal IP is Linksys is both on subnet I have been advised to set the Linksys to a static IP on the Internet Connection option but what set of figures do i need for that Fingers crossed Stonkin nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,
I have a BSNL wireless modem having inbuilt router.The modem has some DSL problem and cannot use the ethernet port to connect to my desktop.So I bought a new Baton DSL modem without wifi facility.

I now need the WIFI connectivity to connect with my phone for browsing net.

For that I connected the Ethernet port of new DSL modem with the old BSNL wifi modem and applied the following configuration.

I changed the IP address of router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2

But I get only WIFI connection to connect to phone and not correctly getting the connection on desktop through the ethernet.Sometimes i get the connection and sometimes the connection lost.

I attached some images here.

pls help me to fix the problem.

Thanks & Regards

RAKESH BOSE

A:How to configure wifi modem having router with DSL modem ?

Hi there,

On the second router, DHCP needs to be disabled and assign a fixed IP within the router's IP scope (with Wi-Fi capability) i.e. 192.168.1.3 (make sure that 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.3 will be in the IP exclusion list).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339397-how-configure-wifi-modem-having-router-dsl-modem.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Sony Vaio Laptop Running Windows Home Premium bit Service Pack First let me say that I LOVE Bleeping Computer and have researched many topics over the years but have never needed to post because I always have been able to find my answers by reading This is my first real shout out Extra/UNKNOWN MAC a from an Router KNOWN WiFi - Laptop Address Show Coming Logs for help and any that you guys can give will really be appreciated My Netgear router logs have been showing an unknown mac address connecting ever since I set it up a few months ago when we moved in to a new home I m running WPA-PSK TKIP WPA -PSK AES security I originally thought maybe one of my neighbors was sniffing hacking Router Logs Show an Extra/UNKNOWN WiFi MAC Address - Coming from a KNOWN Laptop so I set up MAC filtering for the WiFi The logs Router Logs Show an Extra/UNKNOWN WiFi MAC Address - Coming from a KNOWN Laptop now constantly every - minutes with long breaks occasionally show the MAC being quot denied access Router Logs Show an Extra/UNKNOWN WiFi MAC Address - Coming from a KNOWN Laptop quot to the router I thought I was done but have been annoyed that the connection attempts continue even after months of blocked access Then the plot thickened I ended up changing my WiFi password just to beef up security a little The router logs then showed my X-Box being quot rejected quot due to incorrect security since it had not been changed to the new pw It occurred to me that the router logs actually differentiated between incorrect security and denial of access which meant that the attempting hack actually HAS the security password even though I m running WPA To verify my problem I changed the security password again and only allowed two laptops access to the router Sure enough the rogue mac address was immediately quot denied access quot and NOT quot rejected quot which I think means that the rogue is coming from through one of the two laptops After shutting each laptop down sequentially I m rather certain that it is my laptop that is somehow attempting to connect or has some program that uses a mac passing through to the router with a mac address OTHER than any of the ones that show up when I run ipconfig from the command prompt I believe it is my laptop because the router logs only show the blocked access when my laptop is connecting to the router A few more things you should know I have Norton installed and updated I have Malwarebytes installed and updated Neither of them have found anything other than tracking cookies during normal scans over the last few months I noticed my laptop fan running heavy yesterday so on a whim I installed SUPERAntiSpyware and it found and removed Trojan Agent Gen-Buzus I play Battle Pirates on Facebook Flash game and it is currently my most likely suspect as to how I may have obtained the trojan but I really have no idea because my web surfing is generally very safe I have a linux box on my network running Mythbuntu bit a set top box that I built to be my DVR -- no I m not a programmer but I know how to search read websites and copy code really well lol I also have two HDHomerun tuner cards on my network that serve as TV tuners to the MythTV box They receive signal from the antenna and then stream to the box via the network -- technically they could be accessed from any computer on the network to watch tv if so desired Everything else on my network is pretty standard for a home office printers scanners computers etc The rogue MAC address is identified as a Lexmark Print Server if plugged into a website for a MAC identification trace I have a Lexmark laser printer dn but it does not have wifi To make certain that it was not the culprit somehow I uninstalled ALL of the Lexmark items from my computer and the same rogue MAC continues to connect to the router but is denied access because of my filtering on the router I m at a loss please help Thank you in advance Jaag

A:Router Logs Show an Extra/UNKNOWN WiFi MAC Address - Coming from a KNOWN Laptop

Re: "My Netgear router logs have been showing an unknown mac address connecting"
How do you know it is a WI-FI address (Thread title says it's Wi-Fi)?
Hey, how about quoting the exact message Netgear puts in the log.
Yes, I know Netgear's logs are dreadful. They don't show port nor protocol involved, still seeing an exact message might help.

There is such a thing as MAC address spoofing, but whether it plays a role here, I can't tell.

Is it only in the log or does it show up in the wired or wireless section of Active Device list?

I don't know why you suspect your laptop since you're saying these are inbound attempts.

Are those connection attempts occuring when the Lexmark printer is off or totally disconnected from the router?

If the data in the log matches your printer's MAC address, than my guess is normal activity of the printer announcing its presence on the network. And since it's not a wi-fi printer, your MAC filtering doesn't seem relevant.

If MAC is all you see in the log, and no IP, perhaps it's trying to get an IP from the router - do you have a LAN range of IPs setup that might be too narrow for all your gear?

Are you able to print?

Sorry for no help, but I thought I'd ask for some clarifications to this confusing story.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426481/router-logs-show-an-extraunknown-wifi-mac-address-coming-from-a-known-laptop/
Relevancy 69.66%

Recentally purchased Motorola SBG6580 Gig cable modem/router combined. With comes with 4 NIC ports, I was wondering if is was possible to put a 4 or 5 Nic port hub n this is give me extra NIC ports? or any insight on what I would need to do to get extra ports to use. Thanks in advance.

A:Inquire about adding NIC ports to combined cable modem/Router

NIC means network interface card. I think you mean LAN port or Ethernet port, correct? If so then yes you can add a switch or router to augment the number of ports available to your network. I recently needed additinal ethernet ports so I used a extra router I have. You need to do some reconfiguring of the router ( many good online tutorials) or you can buy a switch pretty cheap 20-30 usd. They are plug and play.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314724-inquire-about-adding-nic-ports-combined-cable-modem-router.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,
I bought a standard Westell modem for AT&T highspeed DSL because I already had a D-Link dl524 wireless router which I was using for cable high speed. AT&T helped me set up the system direct to my PC without the router and said they couldn't help me add the router to the set up. I want to be able to connect my laptop to the internet using the wireless router. Based on what I've read, I think I have to change some settings but have no clue as to how to do this. Any help in this matter would be deeply appreciated. PC uses XP and the laptop uses Vista.
Thanks,
Steve Wilson

A:Need help adding D-Link dl524 wireless router to Westell modem for AT&T dsl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-adding-d-link-dl524-wireless-router-to-westell-modem-for-at-t-dsl.899269/
Relevancy 68.8%

HI! i'm just curious to know if there was a way of connecting my USB modem in such a way that i can use it to have wireless access in my house (more specific room).

Currently i have a Cisco Wireless-N Home ADSL2+ Modem Router. it has a DSL port and 4 ethernet ports. i can alreadly pick up the wi-fi signal when i just switch the router on but obviously theres no internet connection yet.

am i over complicating issues or is this not possible? please help urgently

A:Usb modem with wifi router possible?

If you are currently using DSL for your Internet connection, is there a problem with replacing the USB modem with the Cisco Modem router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-modem-with-wifi-router-possible.1102258/
Relevancy 67.94%

I currently have two cables One cable is a yellow ethernet cable that is plugged into my motorola cable modem in the Ethernet slot The opposite end is plugged into the Slot slot in WiFi and Modem Router Issue my Linksys wireless router My second cable is a grey ethernet Router and Modem WiFi Issue cable One end is plugged into the back of my computer and the opposite is plugged into Slot slot in my Linksys wireless Router and Modem WiFi Issue router All of the lights are on both my modem and my router as if everything is working okay The internet works as well However when I try to access my Linksys wireless settings by typing in http in my address bar it says the connection has timed out It says this each time Now when I move my yellow ethernet cable that is plugged into Slot into the Internet slot in my Linksys router and I slide my grey ethernet cable to Slot one I restart my router and I am now about to access http However though I can access these settings I cannot browse the internet When I go to google or any other website it says page cannot be displayed Therefore I cannot easily toggle between the Linksys settings and my internet without moving around wires and restarting my router I m doing this because I m trying to configure my router with WiFi so I can use my Nintendo DS Can anybody tell me why I m having such difficulty with being able to view the Linksys settings and keep my internet connection at the same time By the way my Linksys Wireless Router is a WRT G My OS is Windows XP and my cable internet service is Optimum Online Note when I have the wire connecting to my modem into the INTERNET slot in my router it says my computer is connected My Network Connections says I am indeed connected to the internet However when I try to use a browser or a program that needs the internet it will not work I get quot Problem loading page quot and when I try and run Windows Live Messenger it says my connection has been lost nbsp

A:Router and Modem WiFi Issue

Well, the modem has to connect to the WAN/Internet connection or you won't have any success here. What's happening now is the computer is connecting directly to the modem and using the router as a simple switch.

Do NOT try to configure the router using the wireless connection! Connect it with a cable for configuration, then you can disconnect it once you get it all configured.
Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-and-modem-wifi-issue.678387/
Relevancy 67.94%

Dear sir,
Recently I bought edimax 150 mbps wireless N adsl2+modem router , (model name AR-7188WnA ). I have a desktop set and asus ZenFone 2 laser (model-ASUS_ZOOLD).I want to use wifi (from asus mobile)to connect this edmax modem & router without having broadband connection.please tell me the details

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/use-wifi-connect-modem-amp-router-4606894/
Relevancy 67.94%

I m a bit of a rookie when it comes to Networking but here goes I ve got a D-Link WiFi a Router DSL Modem Using D-Link as a DSL- Mbps Wireless router with built-in ADSL modem and a D-Link DI- Mbps Wireless Broadband router Obviously the DI- that I recently purchased doesn t feature an in-built modem so instead of blowing on a D-Link ADSL modem with Ethernet connectivity I was hoping to use the ADSL modem feature in my old Wireless router as my modem for the DI- I called D-Link support but unfortunately after an hour of following live instructions from their support staff I ended up Using a D-Link DSL WiFi Router as a Modem nowhere They instructed me to disable DHCP and Using a D-Link DSL WiFi Router as a Modem NAT features Using a D-Link DSL WiFi Router as a Modem on the and plug an ethernet cable into it s LAN PORT and plug the other end into the WAN PORT on the I plugged an ethernet cable into the DI- LAN PORT and into my computer s Ethernet port in order to configure the DI- After configuring the DI- via its web configuration web page I could get the Mbps network up and running but without the access to DSL If anyone any of the above mentioned products and can provide a tip or a link to a guide or something that would be great Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a 3com Switch 4400 and a netgear BT internet router / modem (4 port)

BT router > 3com switch > PC's

I have around 10 Pc on my network, 7 of them are connected to the 3com and the rest via wifi.

i need the 3 com router to issue the ipaddrsses and give access the the internet via the BT modem / router / AP.

I have tried looking on many forums but no help, i can get the 3com to issue the ip addresses, but then i have no internet. Or set the d.gateway to the bt router but then i am unable to have the 3com to issue the ipaddress.

please if anyone can help

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

A:Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 67.08%

hello I have a problem connecting wifi router airlive wt- r to my ADSL modem webstar epc ed using utp patch cable When my PC is connected straight to the ADSL modem everything works like charm But when I connect modem with wan port on the router and router with my PC I get no internet access The network shows as unidentified network and win troubleshooter says Default gateway not available Connecting them two devices seems pretty simple and I don t think I am doing anything wrong so what could be the problem Any help would be very appreciated Thank you This is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Milan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Milan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address BC- F-F - - -DF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained listopadu Lease Expires ledna Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv adsl wifi to connecting modem router IAID DHCPv Client DUID connecting wifi router to adsl modem - - - - - -C - -BC- F-F - - -DF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CF - B - -AF E- F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:connecting wifi router to adsl modem

can we see an ipconfig /all when connected to the webstar epc2203ed2.0 only
its possibly showing as a router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wifi-router-to-adsl-modem.1077863/
Relevancy 67.08%

I am usually pretty savvy with networking but this one really has got me I have searched all over teh Intarwebs with no success solving it Basically here s the issue I m in Mexico and I want to set up a VPN specifically HideMyAss HMA so that I can use my Roku and generally stream things from the United States TELMEX has given me a to modem fiber Connecting wifi router Alcatel-Lucent I- w-q router which connects to the fiber line they have run to my house Separately I bought a ASUS RT-N wifi router because that is the one that HMA says can be programmed to be the central quot tunnel quot into their VPN I upgraded the RT-N firmware to DD-WRT s most recent build I have access to the config Connecting fiber modem to wifi router sections of both routers so I can modify their settings at will So what I need to Connecting fiber modem to wifi router do is connect the Alcatel router to the Asus router in such a way as I can use the Asus router as the primary access to the Internet I wanted to set this up BEFORE I get the HMA subscription so that I could confirm it worked before I shell out for HMA I would deeply appreciate any assistance at all in setting things up so it goes through nbsp

A:Connecting fiber modem to wifi router

You'll need to check with Roku as to whether this is a violation of the terms of service. Based on what I'm seeing, Roku has specific appliances for different countries. I can easily see that what you're doing by accessing US programming from Mexico is a violation of the terms of service; more specifically the programming owners will probably have issues with streaming to foreign countries.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-fiber-modem-to-wifi-router.1068227/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I have a network that has a broadband cisco router and checkpoint firewall that I cannot touch. It was set up by our dept of Education, and has to be left alone. But one of the teachers has asked me to set up wifi access for the network.

I have set up a wireless access point D-link DWL-G700AP , and I can configure this assign IP addresses on the network, BUT I have to manually set the DNS and the gateway on the clients manually. The whole idea is to make this oblivious to the user.

Is there any device that I can get to act as a DHCP relay, to forward the DHCP broadcasts to the checkpoint firewall, i.e. so that both wired and wireless clients get their IP address, gateway and DNS servers from the checkpoint firewall.

thanks,
Jonathan

Relevancy 66.65%

My DSL modem/wireless router wont broadcast the wifi signal i need to know if it is just defective or a setting that can be turned off, It was working just fine and just recently stopped broadcasting, it works just fine for a direct connection. (It is a regular windstream wireless modem/router.

A:Windstream DSL modem/router wont broadcast wifi

you can enable/disable wireless in most router , from the configuration pages

also there is often a light on the front panel showing if WLAN is on/off

whats the make and exact model of the router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windstream-dsl-modem-router-wont-broadcast-wifi.1047516/
Relevancy 66.65%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 66.22%

hello i have added a second router to my network in a second building at my location my dsl comes in and into my first router which is the dhcp second router on network adding server for the network in both adding second router on network buildings the ip address of the first router is and works fine with all computers online i added a second router to help the network and have made the ip address of the second router and all computers in the second building behind the second router are online and working fine my problem is on one of my computers in the first building has my quickbooks file and all the computers on the second adding second router on network router cannot see the computer that has the files in the network neighborhood before adding the second router all computers in both buildings were visible and shared and all had access to all computers how adding second router on network can i get the computers in the second building behind the second router map to the computers on the first router DSL - Router - computers online ------ second router - computers online XXX computers cannot see XXX computers want to map a network drive to group thanks robert nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I have a home network that is up and running. It consists of a cable modem, a non-wireless router and two computers.

My cable provider provides me with two DHCP IP addresses that are pingable on the Internet.

I would like to connect a second router to my network and give it the second DHCP IP address that my Internet providers gives me.

How would I do that?

Thank you

Relevancy 65.79%

Hey everyone I d really appreciate any help you guys can give on WiFi Connectivity Issues Pace Modem/Router with 4111n the issue I m at my wits end at this point So anyway about a month ago my old wire modem pretty much kicked the bucket for good after about years of more or less dedicated service with the occasional hiccup here and there I was kind of saddened yet relieved and I was left without internet for a few days I contacted my ISP with the issue and after a bunch of failed restart attempts on their end I told them the damn thing was dead already but they were insistent on making sure I wasn t bs ing them they finally relented and decided to send me their new Pace n router modem A few days later low and behold I had a new Pace and guess what IT HAD WIFI The reason why this came as such an interesting surprise was because my old Wire that my ISP had originally provided us with was simply a modem with no router wifi capabilities on it In order to bypass the lack of Wifi I had to purchase a Netgear N router and had it hooked up to the Wire for years with no connectivity issues Anyway with the new Pace in hand I put my old Netgear away and plugged the new baby in and here is where things kinda went downhill Now my old set up was kinda WiFi Connectivity Issues with Pace 4111n Modem/Router strange I used to have the Wire modem hooked up to the Netgear router and in between had a Grandstream HT Voip phone adapter plugged in we have the need in my household for long distance phone service and in order to have a more economical option purchased a separate service with a different company WiFi Connectivity Issues with Pace 4111n Modem/Router that provided the Grandstream I should mention that the set up we use to have was put in place by someone from the company and that I had no hand in putting it together that way For years this set up worked fine with no issues but as soon as the Pace n came into play with the Grandstream in tow behind it my Wifi connectivity basically went down the crapper After about a week with random signal drops and Wifi connection issues I decided to call my ISP back and describe the situation to them What has followed since then has been a ridiculous back and forth with various quot technical support quot people basically insisting in guiding me through the typical reset process of the Pace different variations of quot just unplug it from your power source for a bit and see if that works quot or my favorite quot just get a longer cable and keep the Grandstream and the Pace far away from each other so that the Grandstream doesn t interfere with the WiFi radio signal quot Now please keep in mind that I pretty much had already tried ALL of this and more prior to speaking with quot technical support quot and the fact that that s basically all the advice they ve been able to offer is just dismaying So here I am turning to the net for help on this matter hope someone out there has something better than quot unplug and replug and see if that works quot to offer in terms of help -PhantomRaven P S- A couple of other specifying notes for those who might need some more info on the subject -After my last conversation with tech support which happened today I finally got someone to guide me through fiddling around with the Pace We managed to change the Wireless Channel to Ch on a MHz range along with confirming the connection type as a PPP E setting So far I ve had no issues but right after I hung up with them I had to revert to my old system of disconnecting from the WiFi and reconnecting in order to get my signal working again -My doggy Wifi issues usually would start like this I d start up my laptop which is set up to log in to my home WiFi signal automatically and right away I d notice the typical yellow triangle symbol over the network icon indicating quot limited or no connectivity quot At this point I would usually have to disconnect and then reconnect to start it working again This would usually keep it worki... Read more

Relevancy 65.79%

Just bought this belkin router. Linked one computer through LAN and 4 devices through WIFI

For some reason my WIFI devices are not able to read or detect connections to the LAN network..

Can someone help me with this ?i found a similar thread but not sure how to work this problem out

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1427502

A:Belkin Share Wireless Modem Router WiFi and LAN not linked

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Check these links for more information.

Belkin : Support : Setup Assistant for Routers

Belkin : Support : Configuring Wireless Security

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202177-belkin-share-wireless-modem-router-wifi-lan-not-linked.html
Relevancy 65.79%

i have wimax usb modem and tenda wifi router with rj45 ports. how do i connect them, please im not so good at computer so i will request step by step procedure. i dont want to buy a new modem.

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I have a my PPPoE Fiber instead WiFi my Configuring of router Optic on modem Fiber Optic connection at Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem home where the Fiber Optic modem is connected to my WiFi router Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem The problem is that in Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem order to connect to the Internet I have to first connect to the WiFi WPA and then dial-in via PPPoE into the Internet I provide the ISP username and password in the second step I am using Windows and have created the PPPoE connection as shown in the attached screenshots I have to connect to this PPPoE every time I need to connect to the Internet I have had to configure this on all my laptops and have to connect using each individual machine where I need an Internet connection This is a big pain as you can imagine Further I want to connect my Nexus One to the home WiFi Internet connection but since it doesn t have PPPoE support I can t do this I went to my router settings Com CRWDR A- and found something that seemed promising In the Internet Settings section I saw a place to provide the PPPoE username and password However this hasn t helped I still have to connect using the PPPoE connection in Windows Does anybody have any ideas tips Any help would be appreciated as this is getting frustrating Cheers Wild Thing nbsp

A:Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem

Since you're connecting from the router you can probably delete the PPOE connection from Windows.

Curtis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-pppoe-on-my-wifi-router-instead-of-my-fiber-optic-modem.911765/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I have a wireless network which currently works Router Adding an existing network to fine but is limited in range I want to extend this upstairs where I also have a desktop with no wireless card The current network uses a Linksys wireless G - WRV G router I can use a Adding Router to an existing network laptop or desktop to connect to this with no problem wired or wireless apart from the limited range My second router is a Buffalo turbo G WHR-G S This is positioned in range of Adding Router to an existing network the other router and is connected via wire to desktop I have read various threads and searched the internet but haven t cracked the problem yet The IP address of router is with the DCHP range - Gateway to the modem So on router There is a switch on the router auto bridge it is now in bridge mode I have set the IP address to Channel is set to same as router I am unsure what to do further than this If it helps both desktops are running vista and both laptops XP pro Any help with this would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Currently I have two routers on Router Second/Third Adding Solved: Network on my network with one of Solved: Adding Second/Third Router on Network them being a wireless router I have a connection from my modem going into my linksys wireless router I have laptops connected wirelessly to that router I have a connection from the wireless router running through the floor to the basement and it is connected to the WAN port on a wired linksys router My desktop computer is connected to Solved: Adding Second/Third Router on Network the wired router The IP Address for my wireless router is The IP Address for my wired router is My desktop through the wired router connects to the internet just fine Here is where it gets different I have an old D-Link wireless router with a Solved: Adding Second/Third Router on Network built in print server I would like to add this to my network and have my printer plugged into it so that it is much easier to print to one printer from all the connected computers I tried just putting a connection from one of the LAN ports on the wired router to the WAN port on the D-Link and changing the IP address on the D-Link to I did this by plugging a connection from an LAN port on the D-Link to the NIC on my laptop I was unable to send a successful print job to the printer from any of the computers except from the laptop directly connected to the D-Link Beyond changing the IP address on the D-Link I did not change any other settings on that router and did not setup the wireless part of it because I don t want to connect to it wirelessly but maybe I have to Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I have a Cable DSL connection at home and my TrendNet router was adding to network a the Problem with router second connected to the cable modem I had three computers in a wired local area network Recently I bought a Toshiba notebook and a Belkin Wireless G router Since Problem with adding a second router to the network two computers are desktop and other two are notebook I want to add the router to the local area network in such way that all of them remain in the same network I because of the file and printer sharing and I want my notebooks to be able to connect to the router using wireless connection I spent two days trying to setup the local network but I never managed to configure it the way I want it to be Two scenarios happened In the first scenario my desktop computers had xxx addresses and my notebooks had some strange address and subnet when connected using wireless and they couldn t use neither local network nor internet When I connected them to the router using wire they also had the xxx address and worked fine In the second scenario I managed to connect my notebooks to the router using wireless connection but in that case they had the xxx addresses and cannot see my two desktop computers as a part of the Windows network Ping works fine and I can access desktop computers using xxx from the Run dialog But none of the desktop computers could either ping or access any of the notebooks Can anyone help me solve the problem Thank you in advance Tufahija nbsp

A:Problem with adding a second router to the network

OK, just to confirm, your using your TrendNet router AND your Belkin wireless router?

Assuming both are for DSL connections, is there any reason why you need to use two routers?

If your TrendNet router isn't wireless, then remove it completely, and use the Belkin one that is.

If you must use both, then you need to configure the Belkin router as a wireless access point and network switch only, and disable DHCP and UPNP in that router.

So the following should see you sorted:

1. connect the Belkin router to your TrendNet one via ethernet cable.
2. Do a hard reset of your Belkin router (so you have a clean base to set it up)
3. Log into the router, and then disable DHCP
4. Disable UPNP.
5. Set up wireless as usual.

This is usually enough to setup a router as an access point. Some models need slightly different procedures though. You do NOT want DHCP or UPNP enabled on the Belkin router though. You want your TrendNet router to assign IP addresses from its IP address pool to devices connected to your Belkin router by either wired, or wireless connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-adding-a-second-router-to-the-network.147762/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am trying to get my parents Kindle Fire to work. They recently purchased a Motorola Modem/Router which is hooked into the desktop and works fine. I want to get their new kindle to work and can not seem to figure it out. Their operating system is Vista which I can upgrade to Windows 7 if that would make it easier. When I click on setup the WiFi part of the installation wizard cd that came with the Motorola it says there is not a network adapter. I know what that is however I do not know why I would need it when the desktop is hooked directly into modem/router and I just need the WiFi for Kindle. Is there a simpler way to get this working? I figured I would try you as you are the expert in this field. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Relevancy 64.93%

We ve got an existing wired network and have just wireless network our existing a Adding router to bought a wifi router to hopefully add wireless connectivity to what we ve already got set up I don t want to replace the existing router if I Adding a wireless router to our existing network don t have to in the past I set up a server in-house and don Adding a wireless router to our existing network t want to have to go through Adding a wireless router to our existing network the setup of that again and risk screwing it up Anyway I ve looked online and tried a couple of things Setting the wifi router s IP to one within the range of the existing network with a unique number on the end This allowed wireless connection to the network but not to the internet connection Then following a guide I found online set the IP to one outside of the range of the current network and simply disabled the DHCP This now allows wifi connection to the internet but not the network Is there any way of setting up wireless connection to the existing setup both the network and the internet Go easy on me I m not familiar with too many of the technical terms What for example is a network bridge nbsp

A:Adding a wireless router to our existing network

Sorry- figured it out!!!

If setting the IP address to within the range enabled internet, and setting it outside the range but disabling DHCP allowed network access, I combined the two and set the IP address back to one within our current network range, but with DHCP still disabled. Bingo! Wireless connection to both the network and the net!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-wireless-router-to-our-existing-network.690487/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have the following setup, which works fine:
Broadband cable comes in and connects to a cable modem. Connected to the cable modem is a wired router, which can accept 4 ethernet cables. I have 2 desktop computers connected to the router; 2 ports are vacant. These computers do not have wireless cards.

I also have a laptop, with a wireless card. I want to use the laptop throughout the house. I just inherited a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. Will the wireless router work if I connect it to one of the vacant ports on the wired router, rather than directly to the cable modem?

Relevancy 64.93%

Equipment: CIsco PIX501 Firewall router & Netgear wireless router

Situation: Everything at my company is connected on the LAN via wires. I would like to set it up so that the wireless router is on the same network as everything else so the portable devices can share the same resources on the wired connection. How can I achieve this?

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a wireless add on to a 4 port cable/dsl gateway router so that I can access the internet on my laptop through wireless connection using my existing network setup (wired). It is a Belkin gateway router. Hope someone can advise. Thanks.

Ammo

A:Adding wireless network capability to wired router

You might check the company to see if they have an add-on but more than likely you have to buy a modem with a wireless gateway or go buy a wireless access point. What is the model of the modem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wireless-network-capability-to-wired-router.54093/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I m just trying to set up my first wireless network I ve been all over the net today and can find nothing that works or matches my configuration Ad Hocs seem to be up modem set w/smartphone trying network wifi to Solved: for connecting computers and routers are for dial up or broadband What I have is a desktop running XP with a wireless card I have a wireless printer and a wireless media player I have a SMC router but I see no way to configure it when its plugged it I don t see it anywhere My Acer Liquid E Smartphone is my modem Solved: trying to set up wifi network w/smartphone modem I have no hardline I have run the wizard on the desktop but my printer cannot see the network I created and Solved: trying to set up wifi network w/smartphone modem when I list wireless networks available to connect to my neighbours shows up but the one I created does not What am I missing If someone can point me at a step by step tutorial not video please my cell service is not good enough for streaming video I d be ecstatic nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Every now and then the internet will stop working on my PCs. I have 2 near me at all times and both will stop working, a wireless lappy and wired desky lol.

It will come back in a moment or in a little while. I havent figured out if its the router or the cable modem.

Is there some tests i can do to find out the culprit?

A:Network comes in and out sometimes goes down router or modem?

Bypass the router a directly wire the connection from the cable modem if it still happens then you probably have a bad modem if not then a bad router. How old are your router and modem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183775-network-comes-out-sometimes-goes-down-router-modem.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have 2 Westell 327w modem/routers (its a 2 in 1 device)...and i want to be able to have them both plugged in at the same time and working. I dont necessarily want to combine their connection, but rather have 2 seperate connections with the two devices. Thing is, I only have one working dsl slot in my house...nothing can be done about that. So i have a phone splitter on that slot, and then have the two dsl cords going to each 327w. How can i have both plugged in at the same time, with both routers working correctly.
p.s i just want a router in my own room...and my parents want their router in theirs. dont ask why haha.

Relevancy 62.35%

Can someone walk me through securing my modem / router / network ??

I've already got everything connected and working, but I know nothing about how to set up a secure network, or securing my current network.

If it matters, I have a Netgear model C3000 modem / router. I have a self built computer running windows 10. I have Mediacom for my ISP.

A:Help securing my modem / router / network

Have a look at these:

How do I secure my wireless network with the Smart Wizard interface? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/127326-help-securing-my-modem-router-network.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I currently have a dell desktop hardwired to my comcast cable (12MB speed). Components are Linksys wireless g cable modem gateway (wcg 200 model), and a vonage phone VDV21 phone router. My signal will intermittently drop, have to re-boot both the linksys modem/gateway and the vonage router. Comcast said the linksys modem was no longer a good modem with their service but activated it anyway. They tried to say it was not docsis 2.0 compliant and it is. They recommended a docsis 3.0 modem would work better, but I have not found many avaialble. Would I be bettter off with a cable modem and seperate wireless router for my home network? I am looking at doing something like apple tv, but want a more reliable connection as well as faster if posssible. The range is good when working with my laptop in basement. It just seems that larger files/webpages with video will knock off my signal completely at times.

A:What is the best Modem router options for my home network?

cue desert scene in cartoon with lonely whistle............

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-best-modem-router-options-for-my-home-network.145290/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have three home PCs talking on broadbank to the net but they can't see each other. Is this right? Will I have to buy a switch to get them networked or have I got a setting wrong somewhere?

Thanks for any help

A:network netcomm nb5Plus4 modem router

Your computers will not see each other until you have your home network setup properly. If they can all access the internet then there is a problem with your configuration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-netcomm-nb5plus4-modem-router.528827/
Relevancy 61.92%

Speed

We recently had Verizon HiSpeed (speeds up to 768 Kbps) installed with Westell(Model 327W) modem/router connected to our desktop.
When we place cursor over the "Network" connection in lower right of screen (of desktoop) it states:
The Internet (2)
Spreed 10.0 Mbps
Sent 141,926 bytes
Received 921,712 bytes

However, in the laptop, when we place the cursor over the "Network" connection, we see:
Speed 36Mbps
Signal Strength Excellent
Status Connected.

What we would like to know is why does our desktop show SPEED of "10.0 Mbps"

while the laptop shows:
SPEED of "36.0 Mbps?"
(Connection speed on both shows: download 705 kbps; upload 133 kbps.)

Is this something to be very worried/concerned about? We are senior citizens and the speed when we connect to Internet appears to be fine as far as we are concerned.
Thanks

Relevancy 61.92%

Whoo me Laptop's Router, Modem, the Network or Card again My cousin s laptop is unable to connect to the internet I made an earlier post about it suffering BSoDs So Modem, Router, or the Laptop's Network Card here s what I have discovered so far He has a modem which leads to a wireless broadband router The router is connected with his desktop computer directly Neither his Modem, Router, or the Laptop's Network Card laptop or desktop can use the internet His laptop reads that the signal is quot Excellent quot but no website is accessible and trying to ping anything gives a message that the host name could not be found Tried flushing the DNS and examining the hosts file for issues but no results His desktop also reads connected but notes that the connection is incredibly weak The desktop also gets ping fails because it could not find the host name Plugging the modem in the desktop directly provides internet at wonderful connection speed and happens to be what I m using now to post this His laptop says he s still at excellent connection so apparently it can still find the router Plugging the modem directly with the laptop does not work at all His laptop is unable to get a network address Looks like the modem hates it or something So what item in this list is the one experiencing problems and what can I do about it nbsp

A:Modem, Router, or the Laptop's Network Card

router: update firmware + reset and reconfigure
laptop: check device manager + update drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-router-or-the-laptops-network-card.923816/
Relevancy 61.92%

Today I decided to move my modem-router over the phone cables box. After plenty of holes and plenty of UTP cable I got +2-2.5Mbit and I'm pretty happy about it.
There is however a small problem however.

In the position of the modem-router I installed a router and now I see no network (with the IP 192.168.1.x) from the network 192.168.0.x

Check the image to see more details

What's wrong the IP? I have definitely something wrong! Does any subnet need changing? Do I have to change the IP address of the modem-router that ends on the switch?
HELP!!!

A:Setting up 2 modem-routers and 1 router, cannot see 2nd network

The second router needs to be configured as a WAP if you want them all to see each other.
Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-2-modem-routers-and-1-router-cannot-see-2nd-network.909434/
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok guys I have a home office work for a large corporation but home to! connect network router / Which WIFI did - I based I have my own broadband and seperate router for gaming surfing etc I also have a dedicated works laptop which also has a dedicated WIFI router for purely work stuff Previously I made it impossible for my WIFI - Which router / network did I connect to! quot work quot router to connect to my quot home quot laptop for obvious reasons However a couple of weeks ago I needed to do some trouble shooting and allowed the home lap top to access my work network I switched it back but forgot to inhibit the from linking So today I m looking at some ahem porn didn t think much about it A few hours later I realise I m connected to the quot work WIFI - Which router / network did I connect to! quot network So Is there a way to check in Windows what router i was connected to at various times through WIFI Is it likely the ISP would advise my employer that I have looked at porn - i didn t go through the work VPN it s just a standard line from Zen into my house by my company pay the bill direct appreciate any help Dave nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I'd like to add a new 802.11n WiFi router to my home network, one that comes with parental controls build into the router.

Just wondering if someone has a recommendation on a good make/model to buy?

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-wifi-router-for-home-network.1032032/
Relevancy 61.06%

I reset my Netgear 300 yesterday and am now only able to access my home network via Ethernet. My home network doesn't even appear on the list of available networks unless the Ethernet cable is plugged in. My mobile phone is accessing a Netgear network, but I can't connect to it on my laptop because it requires a network key, which I don't have. I tried "password" to no avail. I have Windows 10 and have tried adding my network that way, but no luck there. Thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-modem-router-reset-lost-my-network.1165875/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have two desktops and two laptops...all networked together. My Main Desktop is the original computer that I connected the Cable modem to....then I got a dlink router and networked them all together..... My question is this....if I reformat the Main Desktop will it affect my router and cable modem ?? Or, can I just disconnect them from my Main desktop, reformat it and then reconnect them to the main and it'll all be good. The main O/S is XP as is the other desktop and one of the laptops...the other laptop is Win 2000. I have had the main desktop for two years and it's time to reformat.

I am thinking that the reformat will not affect the router and modem....cuz I can turn off the main and still have LAN access to the other three and the internet.

A:will reformat affect network/router/cable modem

A reformat on a machine on a network will have no effect on the router or modem, or anything else on the network. It is a good diea to disconnect from the internet for the installation of the operating system. After the installation, you may have to install the NIC drivers to reconnect to the network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-reformat-affect-network-router-cable-modem.499184/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everyone This is always my favorite place to ask the really obscure at least I think so questions and get excellent answers so here s another one for you My father recently got a new modem and router for his home network All the computers on the network can access the internet just fine yay but they can t see each other or the printers being shared boo Can anyone help Here s the relevant information Modem Comcast Business IP Gateway Model SMC Router Linksys Model wrt n We ve tried the usual unplugging resetting of each to no avail His computer is sparkling clean from malware so that s an unlikely cause Another oddity is that he can access the router administration area through all computers that are connected wirelessly but not through the one computer hardwired to it Trying to go to results in a standard quot Page cannot be found quot error This problem just started happening after he got the new modem installed The router was modem router printers and computers network on see after or new Can't Solved: bought a few months ago and the modem just a few weeks ago It seems strange that the modem would cause such a problem but I m not the expert here That s why I have you folks Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Can't see computers or printers on network after new modem and router

I can't imagine how the modem enters into this, but that particular "modem" is a router as well, perhaps that's part of the issue?

On that machine that can't access the router's control panel, I suspect it's a firewall issue. Try booting in Safe Mode with Networking and see if you have better success.

Let's go with the basics first for the file/print sharing issues.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-see-computers-or-printers-on-network-after-new-modem-and-router.836191/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network There are Router, - Office Network Small Modem, Switch RJ connections in every room which is cool these all feed into a -port patch panel which the last guys left behind Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes Q If our modem goes into a router and the router goes Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch into a switch box and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box will Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch this work We will be using one dedicated IP and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP So does Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch going through a router alleviate this Q Do patch panels have speed limitations Despite being entirely passive is it possible that the patch panel might only be Mbit I haven t bought the switch box yet so would like to know if there s any point going for Gbit over Mbit Couldn t see a model number on it unfortunately Thanks in advance Will nbsp

A:Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch

edanfalls said:

Hello,

I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network.

There are RJ45 connections in every room which is cool, these all feed into a 48-port patch panel which the last guys left behind.

Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet, our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes.

Q1). If our modem goes into a router, and the router goes into a switch box, and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box, will this work? We will be using one dedicated IP, and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box, each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP. So does going through a router alleviate this?Click to expand...

you are correct on both points. the issue is where does the DHCP service originate {the router or a Domain Controller[*]}?

Q2). Do patch panels have speed limitations? Despite being entirely passive, is it possible that the patch panel might only be 100Mbit? I haven't bought the switch box yet, so would like to know if there's any point going for 1Gbit over 100Mbit. Couldn't see a model number on it unfortunately.Click to expand...

No, the panel is entirely passive and therefore invisible to the network. Active components, eg routers & switches could be factors.
You are at that point of an investment and cudos to you for asking before diving in :wave:

This is the time to create a Gigabyte backbone and use 100mb client access to it (not GBit). This will ensure the whole network gets good service an not single client can dominate it. The sole exception I would make is to use a GB nic in every server system attached.

[*] Instead of using the router to provide DHCP, a better choice is the Domain Controller server (provided you use one ). You can then configure static addresses from one location and set the DHCP range in the same place. DHCP and DNS typically are from the same server, while Exchange and Active Directory are elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/small-office-network-modem-router-switch.146650/
Relevancy 61.06%

For a while, I was thinking that my notebooks' wireless adapter was the culprit in my failure to connect to the net after a certain period of time. However, my 2nd notebook and my desktop are now also exhibiting the same symptoms.

After a certiain time of inactivity, usually about 2-4 hours of inactivity, any one of my PCs (2 wireless notebooks, 1 wired desktop), will not be able to connect to the internet. I'll note that my modem's lights are all still on and showing connectivity, and my router is showing internet connection and broadcast.

Shuttiing the router/modem off and then on does nothing. Only turning off the PC in question and restarting allows reconnection.

Any suggestions on what I may do to try to fix this?

Thanks to all who reply!

~BB

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, when i click network while i am in windows explorer, the network infrastructure is not there, only the Computer is visible there and i want to fix something by changing the properties of my modem/router on the network infrastructure pls help me

thnk u

A:Windows Explorer Network not showing up my router/modem

Do you mean "File Explorer?" If yes, right click on the left side of the pane, and choose what you want to show. And, consider going to control panel > network and sharing center to do what you want.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20557-windows-explorer-network-not-showing-up-my-router-modem.html
Relevancy 61.06%

In the past I have used ShellMenuView to do this but for some reason I can't find the entries in there. How would I go about changing it so it comes up when I press Shift + Right Click?

A:Adding items to extended context menu

Hello mkr10001,

Was there any specific ones that you wanted to change?

For now, you could edit the REG files in this tutorial below to see how with the Extended string value for the Open Command Window Here context menu item as an example.

Open Command Window Here - Add or Remove Shift + Right Click

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200522-adding-items-extended-context-menu.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have Windows 7 64bit, a Belkin router, and a Wifi usb card.

I have a Windows Xp computer networked and shared on the router.

I get my internet from the Wifi usb card.
I would like to use the internet off the wifi card, but also still connect to my network and get files from the XP computer.

(I would like to have the connections separate. One for Internet over Wifi. Lan for sharing files over home network.)

I have the two connections working just fine. and i can get internet...
But...

The LAN is a "public network" and I cant change it to a home network.
and i cant see the Xp computer or its files.
I would be grateful for any help.

A:LAN Home Network with router + Wifi internet

Quote: Originally Posted by tcables

I have Windows 7 64bit, a Belkin router, and a Wifi usb card.

I have a Windows Xp computer networked and shared on the router.

I get my internet from the Wifi usb card.

I would like to use the internet off the wifi card, but also still connect to my network and get files from the XP computer.

(I would like to have the connections separate. One for Internet over Wifi. Lan for sharing files over home network.)

I have the two connections working just fine. and i can get internet...
But...

The LAN is a "public network" and I cant change it to a home network.
and i cant see the Xp computer or its files.

I would be grateful for any help.

Ok, your W7 machine is using the USB wifi, and your XP is using the home wifi (ie through your router). I cannot see why your W7 can't use both the USB wifi AND router wifi. Matter of fact it should work from connections point of view. I tried it on my eeepc, with a USB modem attached.

If you are just sharing files from your W7 and Xp, you don't need to be on the internet. That said if both machine can see each other, everything you wanted should be fine. Just create shared folder to be shared between the machines, and surf the net from either. However why do u want to use the USB wifi for internet when you can use your router's?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54688-lan-home-network-router-wifi-internet.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm switching from AT&T U-verse to Comcast since comcast can offer speeds up to 5x faster.

As you might know At&T uses ethernet as incoming signal vs. Comcast that uses 75 ohm cable.

I need to buy a new modem and router to install the new Comcast service.

I have two questions:

1) What is better? the combo modem/router units (i.e. Motorola SBG6580) or buying a separate stand-alone modem Motorola 6141 modem + Netgear N750 wireless router)?

2) I do have one issue to overcome. I have one TV in my house that is wired for cable only. That is, it has a cable run going to it. It's too difficult for me to install an ethernet run to it, so I'm stuck having to use the cable run. Are there modem/routers that have a cable OUT so that i can feed this TV its hard-wired signal?

Thanks,
bob

A:Solved: Modem/Router combo units vs. stand-alone modem + router?

see attachment

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-modem-router-combo-units-vs-stand-alone-modem-router.1103612/
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently moved and we had our modem/router upgraded to a Ubee . When the tech was here I didn't think to have my laptop on so he could also hook that up. I have never had an issue connecting to WiFi . When I connect to our WiFi it shows connected but then shows "unidentified network" and i cant access the internet.

We talked to several techs over the phone, did troubleshooting, cant figure it out. They say its my laptop. I know it isn't. I have tried to search on the internet and tried anything I can find , but nothing is working.

Has anyone had this issue or know how to resolve it? Please help if so! Thank you!

A:Vista ; ubee wireless modem/router. Unidentified network

Is the work group on your laptop set the same as that of your pc or whatever the modem is connected to?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300100-vista-ubee-wireless-modem-router-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi i am trying to setup my small net in home but all this time i ended up with nothing Basically i just got a adsl with a simple modem and want to share it with the other pcs in the house I have also an old router that has been used in the past to share my old connection cable from ntl last year Now i cant figure out how to setup everything so it works basically it looks like adsl modem usb modem without any rj ports just a usb main pc connected to uplink port on router router pc pcs) help- 4 modem-usb, up 1x4port router, a network setting (1 small adsl pc pc This is it i know its not the best setup but i cant afford at the moment any other hardware and i would really appreaciate if someone could show me how the ip allocation would be for this setup i tried changing the gateways using the dchp from the router help- setting up a small network (1 adsl modem-usb, 1x4port router, 4 pcs) and all types of addressing any help would be really appreaciated thanks nbsp help- setting up a small network (1 adsl modem-usb, 1x4port router, 4 pcs)

A:help- setting up a small network (1 adsl modem-usb, 1x4port router, 4 pcs)

Have a look at the attachment here:
Basics-networking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-up-a-small-network-1-adsl-modem-usb-1x4port-router-4-pcs.31030/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am reinstalling all software on a formerly virus infested Dell WinXP IE system for a friend I ended up low-level formatting the drive to get rid of all the damage done by numerous viruses of many types I have added AntiVir as a guard against viruses and am running AdAware also When I access the internet everything starts out normal I can start typing in regular URLs in the address bar www ebay com www yahoo com etc with URL's .net www. to extra adding IE & 6.0 no problem for a couple of minutes The connection then slows down and graphics on the page gradually stop displaying If I then type a URL such as www ebay com the status bar will show www www ebay com org and then switch to www www ebay com net and then the browser goes to Microsoft's search help site Once this happens hitting quot back quot will give a quot page not found quot error I exit IE search for viruses and spyware with none found If I log back on it's all fine for a minute or two and then it all starts over This is a dial-up k system using Earthlink and I've also tried my own internet server with the same results I think I must be overlooking something in setting IE up but what

A:IE 6.0 adding extra www. & .net to URL's

Please download HijackThis. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Post the whole log file here. Do not fix anything since most of them listed there are harmless (some are system required). This program will help us determine if there is any spyware/malware on your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ie-6-0-adding-extra-www-and-net-to-urls-25277.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an Octek pentium motherboard - VIA VT8753 P4X266 chipset (although SiSoft Sandra records it as an 8233??)

Model No. 2K218.

The manual states a maximum RAM capacity of 3Gb, however I currently have 2 of the three slots filled with two 256mb PC2100 modules.

Can I add a 512mb module into the third slot? The manual indicates that I will be able to, however Sisoft Sandra states that with my current configuration, 768mb is my maximum memory capacity (3 x 256mb modules).

Which is correct, and if I can add a 512mb module, does it need to be a PC2100 or can it be a higher rating module?

A:Adding extra RAM

you can add a 512mb stick and it will work fine. You CAN'T, however, add anything other than PC2100 DDR. Unless your board supports higher speed RAM such as PC2700. And if it does, you have to change the existing PC2100 sticks currently in the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-extra-ram.178859/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all.
I am trying to add a IDE Hdd to windows NT Server. The computer allready Has a IDE HDD and A IDE CD Rom Drive.
I have added the drive and the Cmos See it ok and can boot form the drive. But when i boot to windows nt it comes up with a blue screen with loads of wrighting. So is there some thing i need to do in windows befor i add the drive thanks for any answers!!!
Steven

A:Adding 1 extra IDE Hdd to Win NT

The other thing is that it comes up with Drive unassessiable within the TEXT of the Blue screen. But the drive is formatted under NTFS and works fine.

Will it help at all if i was to Try and copy everything down and post it on here?
Thanks Agane steven

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-1-extra-ide-hdd-to-win-nt.147394/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all just seen a closed post quot Network not connecting on reboot quot originally posted on - - by HaLo FrEeEk I have exactly the same problem I have a notebook Compaq CQ - SL connected by cable with a Modem-router TRUST - The network adapter on the PC is a Nvidia Nforce The PC has also a wireless network adapter but I don t use it and it is not enabled Starting one week ago my Nvidia nforce network adapter is not connecting at boot I have to uninstall it from Control Panel and reinstall often two or three times before it will get connected When it is not connected I have a red X on the network icon but in Network configuration the status is quot Enabled quot The card recognizes that the cable is inserted there is quot cable disconnected quot when I actually disconnect the cable from the PC but the notebook can not communicate with the modem-router The ipconfig all does not show the Nvidia adapter when I have the problem Now I have succeeded to connect and the Ipconfig all log is reported at the end of the message Thank you for any help it is really annoying moreover Nvidia to boot network nForce not connecting adapter at modem-router I would not like to bring the PC to the assistance since I need it every day Thank you again Andrea quot tetraz quot ipconfig all in italian - if requested I can translate Configurazione IP di Windows Nome host Presario-CQ Suffisso DNS primario Tipo nodo Nvidia nForce network adapter not connecting to modem-router at boot Ibrido Routing IP Nvidia nForce network adapter not connecting to modem-router at boot abilitato No Proxy WINS abilitato No Scheda Ethernet Connessione alla rete locale LAN Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Nvidia nForce network adapter not connecting to modem-router at boot Descrizione NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Indirizzo fisico - F- -D - E- B DHCP abilitato S Configurazione automatica abilitata S Indirizzo IPv locale rispetto al collegamento fe a faa e Preferenziale Indirizzo IPv Preferenziale Subnet mask Lease ottenuto mercoled settembre Scadenza lease gioved settembre Gateway predefinito Server DHCP IAID DHCPv DUID Client DHCPv - - - - -BE- - - - - C- - F- Server DNS NetBIOS su TCP IP Attivato Scheda LAN wireless Connessione rete wireless Stato supporto Supporto disconnesso Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Descrizione Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Indirizzo fisico - - C- - F- DHCP abilitato S Configurazione automatica abilitata S Scheda Tunnel Connessione alla rete locale LAN Stato supporto Supporto disconnesso Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Descrizione isatap CD - F - - - br D Indirizzo fisico - - - - - - -E DHCP abilitato No Configurazione automatica abilitata S Scheda Tunnel Connessione alla rete locale LAN Stato supporto Supporto disconnesso Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Descrizione TO Adapter Indirizzo fisico - - - - - - -E DHCP abilitato No Configurazione automatica abilitata S Scheda Tunnel Connessione alla rete locale LAN Stato supporto Supporto disconnesso Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Descrizione Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Indirizzo fisico - - - - E- DHCP abilitato No Configurazione automatica abilitata S Scheda Tunnel Connessione alla rete locale LAN Stato supporto Supporto disconnesso Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Descrizione isatap C CE -D D- F-AA -FA B br AAC Indirizzo fisico - - - - - - -E DHCP abilitato No Configurazione automatica abilitata S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-nforce-network-adapter-not-connecting-to-modem-router-at-boot.153720/
Relevancy 59.77%

My PC has an incredibly annoying and head-scratching problem it won t connect to the internet as it connected or through to Network Unplugged directly router whether modem Cable appears constantly says A Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem Network Cable is Unplugged Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem I gather this is a common problem and I searched on the internet for a solution but the ones suggested haven t worked My PC runs on Windows XP and we have a wired home LAN network to share an internet connection I tried changing the speed and duplex I went to run cmd and put ipconfig and it says Media Disconnected I tried every cable we have in the house of varying length even a Cat instead of the usual Cat ones the other computers use and I tried a crossover adapter just to see if it was being contrary I also tried switching ports on the router and the one that was always off was the one for the problem computer I tried updating my driver which is an onboard Realtek one it wouldn t update The technician for Arbico which the company I bought the PC from said it was the NIC sent me a new one and washed their hands of the problem The new NIC a TP-Link on this time had the same problem so I then took the PC to PC World where the technician connected it up and it worked there with no problems I assumed that a shop like PC world has a network so thinking maybe the problem could be our router I connected the new PC straight into the modem and still got the network cable unplugged message and it still won t connect to the internet I doubt the problem is the modem as we ve only had it a few months and the other two computers and the Xbox on the network connect fine as well as the computer the new one is going to replace and my laptop on the odd occasion when I plug it into the network Now I really don t know what is wrong with it and have failed to narrow it down Any ideas nbsp

A:Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem

The fact that the Realtek driver cannot update is a worrisome clue.

If this is a desktop, replace the network card as a test... and reinstall the drivers once more.

Modems or Network Interface Cards can fail at anytime, and new ones are not any more reliable than old ones...

Also check the socket. We have been seeing a lot of network socket failures... But were fixable by adding a new network card, and disabling the old socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-appears-whether-connected-through-router-or-directly-to-modem.148453/
Relevancy 59.77%

I pretty much failed at trying to fix my old hard drive and ended up just making things worse to the point where it is beyond repair. So I decided I was going to format it. I mounted it in my old machine which runs fine, and opened up disk management. But the drive show up without a name or any options when i right-click it. The windows help option didn't help because I couldn't understand what they were talking about. Can someone please walk me through the process of getting this hard drive setup so it can be formatted?

A:Solved: Adding an extra HDD

SATA or PATA?
What OS?
What jumper setting?
What was wrong previously?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adding-an-extra-hdd.907335/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there I m having a problem booting XP pro the bios recognises the hard drive and tries to boot but it hangs after listing the devices and will go no further The last thing on the screen is quot Verifying DMI pool data quot The hard drive IS accessible if I boot using the extra adding HDD XP boot Pro after Cannot windows CD and go to recovery console I tried running fixmbr and fixboot to no avail although fixmbr did seem to recognise there was a problem with the mbr The full details sorry for the length of this I ve tried everything I can think of I bought a new AMD system in components Cannot boot XP Pro after adding extra HDD including a new seagate barracuda GB hard disk Put it all together and installed winXP pro everything seemed to be working with no problems - I used it for a few hours and installed some programs including antivirus The next day I booted it only to check email and then shut down moved an old Samsung GB hard drive including winXP pro installation over from my previous system and added it as primary slave changing the jumper on the old hard drive accordingly as it used to be primary master in Cannot boot XP Pro after adding extra HDD my old system The system booted fine and the secondary hdd was visible in windows but when I tried to access it it told me the disk was not partitioned I have had a minor problem with this disk recently some icons went missing in windows so I thought maybe the shock of being moved had killed it I put the disk back in the old system and booted successfully although there were or errors quot Windows has recovered from a serious error quot Next I put the GB drive back in the new system and tried various IDE cable and jumper configurations with and without the GB disk and or DVD drive but was unable to boot booting from the GB drive just crashed out as expected due to the different hardware config There is one message quot IDE channel Master disk HDD S M A R T capability disabled quot Putting the GB disk back in the old system one more time I now got the same problem as with the new disk i e the bios recognises it but it won t boot I have tried reformatting and reinstalling windows on both drives in their original systems but it only manages the first part of the install and then when it reboots the first time to go through to the second part of the install it just hangs The fact that two hard drives have the same problem makes me think it s something to do with having put them together in the new machine rather than a problem with the disks themselves I did discover near the end that the GB hard drive jumper was set to quot Cable select quot all along Have I killed two hard drives in one day or is there a way out of this Thanks for taking the time I can supply more hardware details if needed Jo nbsp

A:Cannot boot XP Pro after adding extra HDD

Having read loads of threads on this site and others I am coming to the conclusion that I have damaged the partition table and/or MBR. But (naively perhaps) I would have thought that a reformat of the disk would correct this problem - can anyone confirm?

And if a reformat does not fix it, are there any tools or techniques to do so, or is the disk ruined?

Cheers
Jo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-boot-xp-pro-after-adding-extra-hdd.483721/
Relevancy 59.77%

Recently decided (not sure why now!) to add some RAM to my system. One bank of 512 is what I have, and adding another 512 is what I want to do. Every time I put the extra stick (which is the same as the other) into DIMM slot 2 my system gets unstable and programs fail to load or crash with regularity. Why is it about adding the second stick ?

Thanks.

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

I've currently got a 60gb H/D on my primary IDE cable & a DVD Rom (master)& DVD Burner (slave) on my secondary IDE cable.
I have just bought a new H/D that I want to put on my primary IDE cable along with my old H/D.
Now.... Am I best setting the jumpers on both H/D's as cable select or Old H/D as Master & new H/D as Slave.

Also.... When the H/D's are fitted do I power up the pc & away I go or do I need to format & if so how.
I bought an OEM version of the H/D so it comes with no instructions

Many many thanks for any help received...

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys I recently got an idea of adding a new Adding extra fans one or two fan to the side of my case for extra cooling as I Adding extra one or two fans might as Adding extra one or two fans well take the advantage of wasted space Now my question is shall I make it exhaust or intake I already got a intake fan at the front of my case and obviously exhaust at the back but no idea what I should do with the side Infact shall I add extra one to the side Would it fit nicely without disturbing the overall airflow in the case Here are pictures of my case side front and the side panel door Yes the cable management is TERRIBLE My Plan Good ol power tools I will be drilling holes in the side of my case so that the fan can fit I know its really odd way to do it i guess but sounds like fun and I might as well try it nothing to loose apart from some holes on the side hehe Or could just get bunch of fan filters grills xD Here is what it could look like http imageshack us m casemodplan jpg Side Panel Door http img imageshack us img imgp jpg http imageshack us m imgp o jpg Side http imageshack us m imgp k jpg http imageshack us m imgp r jpg http imageshack us m imgp u jpg Front http imageshack us m imgp i jpg Slideshow Here are my specs fyi MOBO M N SE CASE Antec something P its around years old CPU AMD II X BE Ghz OC Ghz stock GPU GTX GB PSU OCZ Stealth Xstream II W Front Intake Fan mm Blue LED Fan Exhaust Fan Thermaltake TT- mm afaik Temperatures http imageshack us m tempsi jpg Also what fan shall I buy Don t really care about noise but more of performance ratio Was thinking of either mm Blue LED fan or another mm Blue LED that I already have for intake at the front Not sure if the Thermaltake TT- is more powerful then the mm BLUE LED really wanna find a good fan blue glow that is around - range Any Ideas wave PS My cable management is absolutely terrible but did best I can lol was my st time building a PC so yeh kinda sucked Need to do some cleaning alot of dust just sitting there No idea what my case brand is looks like old Antec P got it from my uncle heh Yes front panel is missing hehe More air lol Thanks in advance all help much appreciated nbsp

A:Adding extra one or two fans

I would make the fan on the side an intake. That way it will push cool outside air over your video card and motherboard, as opposed to pulling air away from them.

As for what fan, I have never used LED fans, but if you decide not to go for LED's Scythe Slipstreams and Noctua fans are great regarding noise/performance ratio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-extra-one-or-two-fans.165430/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently fitted a USB 2.0 card into my PC which is 6/7 years old now and it only came supplied with 2 - USB 1.1. Everything works fine and much quicker via the new ports. But I need more USB ports for new hardware.
Is there anything to stop me adding another expansion card with USB 2.0 ports instead of using a USB hub?
Many thanks

A:Adding Extra USB 2.0 Card

Don't see what, unless your out of pci space. Exchange the two port for the 4 ports out there. Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-extra-usb-2-0-card.687152/
Relevancy 59.77%

Is it recommended to ad d extra ram that is at a different speed than the ram that is already is one's rig?

I already have 512 megs if 400 mhz DDR ram, and I'm thinking of installing another 512 meg stick, but since my bus speed is only 333 mhz I'm going to purchase ram at the same speed.

Is the okay, or should I just get 400 mhz DDR ram, instead?

A:Adding extra ram at different speeds

Depends if you want to use it all later in a 400mhz system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-extra-ram-at-different-speeds.191206/
Relevancy 59.77%

3 weeks ago I bought an extra GB of RAM for my Shuttle Sn25P running Vista x64 - cue 3 weeks of random BSODs and strange behaviour. The 1GB DIMM that was already in the machine ( dabs.com - Kingston ValueRAM 1GB 184Pin DIMM PC3200 DDR Non-Parity CL3 (KVR400X64C3A/1G)) was bought about a year ago when I built the system. The machine runs fine with either DIMM installed in either slot but not both at once. It's the same DIMM, from the same supplier, but a different batch manufactured a year apart. I guess Vista is particularly fussy about mixing different batches of RAM. Does this sound plausible?

DZ

A:Be careful when adding extra RAM..

Originally Posted by dz-015

3 weeks ago I bought an extra GB of RAM for my Shuttle Sn25P running Vista x64 - cue 3 weeks of random BSODs and strange behaviour. The 1GB DIMM that was already in the machine ( dabs.com - Kingston ValueRAM 1GB 184Pin DIMM PC3200 DDR Non-Parity CL3 (KVR400X64C3A/1G)) was bought about a year ago when I built the system. The machine runs fine with either DIMM installed in either slot but not both at once. It's the same DIMM, from the same supplier, but a different batch manufactured a year apart. I guess Vista is particularly fussy about mixing different batches of RAM. Does this sound plausible?

DZ

Hi DZ,

Welcome to the forum.

It is possible with RAM, but usually as long as it is the same type, speed, model, etc. it should work. It is hard to say since your FN25 Motherboard is proprietary (custom) and not a common type. I looked up your specs and it should support up to two 1 GIG Dual-channel DDR 400/333 RAM sticks. Here is the link I am referencing from:

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/system/shuttle_xpc_sn25p/

Since the RAM is inexpensive, you might try buying another from the same batch and test to see if it will work. Save you receipt and the package the RAM came in, just in case it will not work either.

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/91242-careful-when-adding-extra-ram.html
Relevancy 59.77%

All I can say is GOOD LUCK I recently tried to transplant an old XP hard drive into my main computer because the computer it was in had some sorta problem with it's power supply But that's not the problem I'm having a horrible time trying to get the drive to work I tried ways of booting it Safe Mode Everything works except for sound which since I'm adding HDD extra Problem using it for gaming defeats the purpose Safe Mode w Networking I get up to the login screen try to login and receive an error message telling me that I need to verify authorize something the machine sorta like the iTunes usable-on- -computers rule I guess I have to start up out of safe mode to do so which is rather impossible because Normal Boot The splash screen shows for about seconds before I get hit in the face with a bluescreen Among other things it suggests starting in safe mode tried it updating drivers done it and Problem adding extra HDD shutting off hardware that may be causing the problem didn't help It also gives me one helluva error code STOP x E xC xBA xBA C I have one good theory I'm running a -bit rig and the Windows XP on the drive is -bit Are -bit processors only reverse-compatible in safe mode shrug

A:Problem adding extra HDD

If you are trying to use that hard drive on your computer as the main hard drive, then I believe you will need to perform windows repair.

Try performing windows repair and see if the process helps get the HD working.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-adding-extra-hdd-380240.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All

I have recently renewed my Linksys WRT54G router and need to security protect my home wifi network. When I access the router admin panel and go to Wireless > Wireless Security > Security Mods, I see the following options:

Disable (currently selected)
WPA Personal
WPA Enterprise
WPA2 personal
WPA2 Enterprise
RADIUS
WEP

I assume the mode I need is WEP, but when I select that I am faced with another screen of options, and it is this screen I need information on please (see screenshot).

Which Transmit Key should I select, which WEP encryption should I select, and what passphrase should I use...? Also, when I then do this, what will happen to the laptops on my network when they try to access the internet? Will they be prompted to enter the 4 keys that are generated? Will this be just once, or each time they access the net?

Thanks all.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all I have a notebook Compaq CQ - SL Vista Home Basic SP connected by cable with a Modem-router TRUST - The network adapter on the PC is a Nvidia Nforce The PC has also a wireless network adapter but to connecting not network adapter Solved: boot modem-router at nForce Nvidia I don t use it and it is not enabled Starting one week ago my Nvidia nforce network adapter is not connecting to the router after PC boot the RJ connector on the PC shows a steady green light Solved: Nvidia nForce network adapter not connecting to modem-router at boot and no flashing yellow light the yellow light instead is flashing when I succeed to connect I have to uninstall the driver from Control Panel and reinstall often two or three times before it will get connected I have also tried to unistall the driver from quot Installed Applications quot reboot the machine and let Windows find the network adapter in order to install the driver and sometimes the PC get connected At the next boot no connection again When it is not connected I have a red X on the network icon but in Network configuration the status is quot Enabled quot The card recognizes that the network cable is inserted there is quot cable disconnected quot when I actually disconnect the cable from the PC and when I reconnect the cable the status is quot enabled quot but again with the red X on the network icon the notebook thus can not communicate with the modem-router i can not connect via IE to my router at - no page found error The ipconfig all does not show the Nvidia adapter when I have the problem so the part of the below log starting with quot Scheda Ethernet Connessione alla rete locale LAN quot and finishing with quot NetBIOS su TCP IP Attivato quot is not present Now after two remove-and-reinstall-driver I have succeeded to connect and the Ipconfig all log is reported at the end of the message Thank you for any help this problem is getting really annoying moreover I would not like to bring the PC to the assistance since I need it for work Thank you again Andrea quot tetraz quot ipconfig all in italian - if requested I can translate Configurazione IP di Windows Nome host Presario-CQ Suffisso DNS primario Tipo nodo Ibrido Routing IP abilitato No Proxy WINS abilitato No Scheda Ethernet Connessione alla rete locale LAN Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Descrizione NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Indirizzo fisico - F- -D - E- B DHCP abilitato S Configurazione automatica abilitata S Indirizzo IPv locale rispetto al collegamento fe a faa e Preferenziale Indirizzo IPv Preferenziale Subnet mask Lease ottenuto mercoled settembre Scadenza lease gioved settembre Gateway predefinito Server DHCP IAID DHCPv DUID Client DHCPv - - - - -BE- - - - - C- - F- Server DNS NetBIOS su TCP IP Attivato Scheda LAN wireless Connessione rete wireless Stato supporto Supporto disconnesso Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Descrizione Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Indirizzo fisico - - C- - F- DHCP abilitato S Configurazione automatica abilitata S Scheda Tunnel Connessione alla rete locale LAN Stato supporto Supporto disconnesso Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Descrizione isatap CD - F - - - br D Indirizzo fisico - - - - - - -E DHCP abilitato No Configurazione automatica abilitata S Scheda Tunnel Connessione alla rete locale LAN Stato supporto Supporto disconnesso Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Descrizione TO Adapter Indirizzo fisico - - - - - - -E DHCP abilitato No Configurazione automatica abilitata S Scheda Tunnel Connessione alla rete locale LAN Stato supporto Supporto disconnesso Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Descrizione Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Indirizzo fisico - - - - E- DHCP abilitato No Configurazione automatica abilitata S Scheda Tunnel Connessione alla rete locale LAN Stato supporto Supporto disconnesso Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione Descrizione isatap C CE -D D- F-AA -FA B br AAC Indirizzo fisico - - - - - - -E DHCP abilitato No Configurazione... Read more

A:Solved: Nvidia nForce network adapter not connecting to modem-router at boot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nvidia-nforce-network-adapter-not-connecting-to-modem-router-at-boot.951815/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey Guys.

I recently upgraded my DLINK DSL - G604T Modem/Router, to a Belkin N1 Vision Modem/Router because the DLINK wasn't reaching my Brother's laptop at the other end of the house. The day I bought the N1 Vision, I also bought myself a Minitar 802.11b/g/n* Wireless LAN PCI Card (Model: MWNPC-1). I set up the new Modem and the Network Card, only to find that everytime the Network Card connects to the new Modem it says "Limited, Or No Connectivity.". I have looked on Google for some solutions for this problem, but I had no luck.

Also I am running Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, Service Pack 2, 32-Bit.

Thanks.

A:Minitar PCI Wireless Network Card & Belkin N1 Vision Modem/Router Conflict

try to run setup wizard cd that came with the router on both computers. Then you need to configure your router http://setup.belkin.com/guide.html

Then you need to write down the configurations. So you can connect to the network. Make sure its secure though..If you still have problems you still might be too far away...its hard to go through walls sometimes and the distance can be a issue. Might want to make sure also that your router and your wireless card can work with one another..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/minitar-pci-wireless-network-card-belkin-n1-vision-modem-router-conflict.871453/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Guys,

I have a Virtual machine with 4 drives

Drive 1 has 80gb
Drive 2 has 100gb
Drive 3 500gb

Below drive I have the issue with :-(

Drive 4 80gb ( is used for sql data) I have extended the size to 126gb which is the limit is there any way to make it 500gb???

Idealy I would need drive 4 to be 500gb but it only allows to increase to 126gb? Why is this?

Thanks
Mark

http://www.sevenforums.com/virtualization/401763-adding-extra-memory-drives.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I just bought a dell xps 15 9550 with 6th gen i7, 8GB RAM and 256gb ssd. Is it possible to add an extra SSD for the remaining 2.5 inches hard disk slot. If it's possible do i need to buy the connecting cable for SSD too or does that cable already included there?
Thanks in advance,

A:Adding extra SSD for dell xps 15 with 256gb SSD

Thanks for the post.  
Just one quick question.  I am trying to install a 2.5" Samsung Evo 850.  Do I need to install another device driver to get the BIOS recognized the SSD?  My BIOS version is 1.1.19.  After the installation, Windows 10 can access the SSD on and off, and I cannot see it from the BIOS unlike the original PCIE SSD that came with XPS 15.  Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682135
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Im running Win HP and would like to add a second display to my PC I have a couple of questions tho Do the monitors need to be the same size and resolution currently im running a single quot p LG TV via HDMI as my main screen but would be great to add a smaller screen to put a movie on or something while i'm working on the main screen Sadly another monitor of the same size it out of the question due to space restrictions and I'd rather not buy a new panel at all if possible I do have a x p panel not doing much at the moment so using that would be ideal On my PC I have a HDMI port which I'm using to run the main display and also a DVI port which I hope tho run the other monitor from my PC Graphics Card Radeon HD can support twin display So is this as easy as plugging the other monitor into my DVI port and it will find it right away I'm assuming Extra Monitor Win7 Adding to that if its possible i will need to set of the different resolutions manually but I will work that out when it comes to it I need to know its gonna work first Look forward to any reply Best Regards Jay Edit other thing I should mention as I plan on having the movie playing on the secondary monitor I would like to sound to come from that monitor also if possible I know standard DVI doesnt send audio but have seen cable that are DVI Audio and have a little headphone jack on them

A:Adding Extra Monitor to Win7

you 2 monitors dont have to be the same, and its as simple as plugging in a second monitor and you should be good to go.
You may have to adjust a few settings such as whcih is the primary monitor and if its a mirror or extension ect.

the only thing you will have issues with is the sound coming out of it. your pc cannot have 2 separate sound outputs. you could link the monitor to your pc with a jack to jack cable and then plug it into the audio input on the back of most monitors, buuut then ALL the sounds from your pc will only play through that monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/335022-adding-extra-monitor-win7.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I'm hoping to get a bit of advice when upgrading the qosmio x series So I have a couple of questions I'd highly appreciate someone giving their opinions knowledge on I've used crucial com before for an old desktop to upgrade the compatible ram and it worked fine So an SSD - and X870-11R Qosmio Adding extra RAM can I do the same here Should I buy the ssd and extra ram on that site or does anyone have any specific ram ssd that they can recommend Can I use any branded ssd ram that can fit in laptops Does Toshiba give out the information on what Ram is installed in my laptop Surely getting the exact same would be ideal Does it matter My laptop has a total of GB of ram - unfortunately its configuration is x GB sticks I want to upgrade to a total of GB I have slots free - should I buy an upgrade with a single GB stick x x x OR upgrade with x GB sticks x x x crucial com notes quot Although the memory can be installed one module at a time the best performance comes from using matched pairs of modules quot Lastly - can I add my ssd there are slots right - put the OS on there and keep all my stuff on my hdd That's how you get the increased performance from using an ssd right With that in mind - what size ssd should I get Thank you very much

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85911-Qosmio-X870-11R-Adding-an-SSD-and-extra-RAM
Relevancy 58.91%

I just purchased ThinkPad Yoga 11e. The letters R, F, V, when typed display as RO, FL, and V. As do the letters O, L, and the period. Both of these sets of letters are in straight line on the keyboard. Is this a hardware issue? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Keyboard-adding-extra-letters/td-p/3392273
Relevancy 58.91%

I made a .ocx organisation chart for our shipping dept to cut out a lot of the paperwork and to make things simple for people who have difficult jobs...all I need is to add some extra lines in the blocks. (Is it possible) I can only add 2 that I can see.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi
Can't get new pc (Win2000 Pro) onto network (WinNT 4). User created in server, but at the machine name level I can't be authenticated on the network. What's with that?

Secondly, I had to add a new hard drive that has Win2000 Pro on it into a pc that already had one with Win98 on it. I put the old hard drive (Win98) as a slave, the new one as Master (did the jumpers thing on both - Master to slave for the "old one" and the new one as master) Upon booting, it does its POST test, but when it starts loading Win2000, it just stops itself dead in its tracks and reboots again, ad infinity. What am I forgetting?
A two-in-one folks!

Relevancy 58.91%

using winfo program i found that my laptop has 1 6gbps port, 1 3gbpsa nd 1 1.5gbps present but not physically interfaced, what the meaning? can i connect extra drive in it? shift current to port 3gbps anf add ssd?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/adding-extra-hard-disk/td-p/5703630
Relevancy 58.91%

how do i connect up 2 extra fans there's no spare sockets on my mobo. do i have to connect directley to the psu? if so which wiers do i use and do i just twist them together and cover them with electrical tape??

thanks for any advice.

A:Solved: adding extra fans

Two funs cannot do the job together. You cant put together to cool the same place. I recomend you to buy a faster fun, like 5600 RPM or more, rumors will be added.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adding-extra-fans.356489/
Relevancy 58.91%

i have had my current system for about a year very stable, rarely crashes
chaintech CT-7NJL1 mobo
512Mb pc3200 memory
xp 2800 cpu
geforce 4600ti gfx
60Gb maxtor hard drive
win xp pro service pack 1

recently i bought 2 more sticks of 512Mb pc3200 memory and added them to my system, this resulted in random blue screens and lock ups.

i took out my old stick and left the 2 new ones in, this was better but still caused problems, like norton wouldnt scan and pc refuses to defrag and the odd crash.

ive tried every combination you can think of,
1 old stick, 1 new stick
2 new sticks
different slots etc

the only way i get a stable system is to run with just 1 stick of memory, either of the 3 sticks runs fine on its own
so i dont think its a memory issue, or is it?

so basicly adding more memory makes the machine unstable, any suggestions anyone

tia

A:adding extra memory problems

maybe theres a problem with one of the slots on the mobo?
are you sure they are all compatable memory
whats the make and spec of the original memory and new

these sites may help indentify the correct memory
http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/system_select.html
http://www.crucial.com/uk/promo/index.asp?prog=desktop2
http://www.kingston.com/
you may want to try running a memeory test
http://www.memtest86.com/
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-extra-memory-problems.305013/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a new (2 weeks old) Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 7 Pro. Every time I reboot it starts opening windows (in Firefox my default) to adfoc.us, donate, and all kinds of other crap. I checked and something is adding an additional hosts file with hundreds of different entries. Norton 360, AdwCleaner, and Micosoft MSRT don't see anything. I can just go in and delete the extra entry every time but i would like to get rid of the thing. Any ideas?

A:Adding extra hosts file

Start uninstalling junk from your Add/remove programs list. If you're not sure what something is, Google it. There is a LOT you can remove, which will make your machine perform better and pwn you less.

Dell is notorious for dumping crap on their new machines. My company stopped buying their machines for this exact reason, they even do it to their business machines.

You can even try PC Decrapifier, it is safe and easy to use. As always though, make sure you set a system restore point before messing with your program entries.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528172/adding-extra-hosts-file/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi!
Currently my CPU has one intake and one exhaust fan. I want add another intake fan, so how do i get power to that extra fan? How to select best intake cooling fan for my PC. I have "Intel dual core 2.5 processor".
Can you tell me intake and Exhaust fans are same, or are there any different?
How to select lowest Noise Level fans?
What is the best "Rated Fan Speed"?

A:How to adding extra cooling Fans to CPU?

Please look to add quality fans like Noctua or the like. A little bit more pricey but if quiet with great performance is what you desire then look no further. Please add this fan to your PSU if possible otherwise you likely will have fan headers on the motherboard to use but here again a picture of your mobo and computer case inside would be of great help !
You can also add a fan splitter cable to your existing front case fan and run both off one power plug from your PSU if that is how it's set up. The Noctua's are so quiet it will be fine to run them wide open but Noctua also provides resistors to reduce speed and noise even lower. Cheers, the Cheese

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/159023-how-adding-extra-cooling-fans-cpu.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, i've sent a few test messages to my gmail email account from my business account only to find that extra lines were added to my email.

So now my signature has line breaks between them.

Does anyone know how to remove this?

http://www.ITSupportGuys.com - TSupportGuys provides subscription and non-subscription based IT support for businesses in the Downtown LA area. We also provide webdesign, 24/7 Emergency IT support and more.

A:Outlook XP adding extra lines

Perhaps you should ask this company, they appear to be experts in such things, according to your signature file ... ?
http://www.itsupportguys.com/contact.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-xp-adding-extra-lines.469647/
Relevancy 58.91%

hi pardon me if there's a relative post about my post but i want to point out my problem.

i have an existing wifi capable router CDR King LP-8186 originally we use this to network 3 computers (1 Laptop and 2 Desktop) we use wired network and we have no problem until i purchased the Wireless Broadband (USB Dongle) in which i am using to connect to the internet.

The Wireless Broadband is having a DNS error if i am wired to LP-8186 and i can't browse the internet but if i unplug the wire it can connect.

Can anyone please help me to solve this problem. I Just want to use the Wireless Broadband (USB Dongle) to have an internet connection while am also wired to CDR King LP-8186 router (without buying new router that can accomodate both)

Laptop - Win7 OS wifi capable
2 Desktop - Win XP SP3 no wifi just LAN Card

Thank you in advance.

Leinan