Windows Support Forum

I've installed a program that I don't have the minimum specs for, computer won't boot

Q: I've installed a program that I don't have the minimum specs for, computer won't boot

I recently installed Kaspersky PURE Total Security on one of my computers. I'd go to the Security & Malware Removal section, but this is not a malware problem, it's a software problem.

Anyway, the computer I installed it on doesn't have a fast enough CPU, or enough ram to run it. So it won't finish booting. It goes through all of the early boot stuff, like Post and CMOS, and but after the Windows XP logo, I just get a black screen with the cursor. The cursor can be moved, but the Welcome screen never loads.

If I can get to System Restore, I can get to a point where Kaspersky hasn't installed any startup processes or anything, then I can uninstall it. Any ideas on how I can do that?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I've installed a program that I don't have the minimum specs for, computer won't boot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I've installed a program that I don't have the minimum specs for, computer won't boot

If you can boot into safemode it won't load Kaspersky and you'll be able to delete it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ive-installed-a-program-that-i-dont-have-the-minimum-specs-for-computer-wont-boot.980667/
Relevancy 73.53%

I just got a GTX 260 and noticed the min requirements for the 12v rail is 36A.
However i have a power supply that has one 12v rail @ 24A

My question is, how will this effect my computer? is there leeway regarding the 12v requirement or do i need a better power supply? If i do, what do you all recommend?

Thanks

A:Can I run a GTX 260 at less than the minimum 12v specs?

You can, but it is not guaranteed to be stable and you are prone to getting frequent BSODs and restarts. Eventually the PSU will get overloaded to the point where it will blow its fuse, effectively needing you to get a new supply. In some lower-quality supplies the fuse may not blow fast enough, sending a current surge through your expensive hardware, likely damaging or killing it.

The power recommendations are there for a reason. Don't put your entire system in jeopardy by cheaping out on the PSU.

As for a recommendation, Corsair's 550VX and 650TX can be had for around the same price after rebate and are excellent choices to go for. Ditto with the Antec Neo 650W.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-run-a-gtx-260-at-less-than-the-minimum-12v-specs.116553/
Relevancy 72.67%

I am thinking about giving an old Fujitsu lifebook B110 a new lease of life, I have it since new and although it's old I am quite attached to it.

It has a Pentium 233MMX processor, and 160MB ram.It currently runs Win98.

The hardware meets the minimum specs for XP, but seriously, would it be usable? Or would it be like watching paint dry? The most it would do is a little light web browsing and maybe some email.

Also, I wonder if XP home would be any less demanding than say, Pro?

I know I should just go ahead and give it a try but I can't do anything at the moment until I get an external CD drive, so I am just thinking ahead.

if it's not up to running XP; I might give Puppy Linux a try.

Relevancy 71.81%

On my son s computer we added more hard drives and we couldn t get them named so my son was advised to download a partition program and it would let us name the hard drives Well it did let us name them but and partition a boot computer Installed now program won't then when we turned the computer off and Installed a partition program and now computer won't boot later on turned it back on it went to a black screen and asked for the disc to download Windows again I m not sure that it was the partition program that caused this but I can t think of anything else to do My son built this computer and everything was running just fine except for not being able to access the new hard drives and getting them named I would appreciate any help and suggestions as I am not that computer literate When I put in the Windows disk it says that it is already installed on the computer and can create a windows old file but I don t understand what that is and if it is worth it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-a-partition-program-and-now-computer-wont-boot.1156115/
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm thinking about using an old PC as a Tivo.

Nothing fancy, just a single tuner card so I can program the thing to save TV shows to a hard drive and play them back at standard cable or even broadcast quality later.

So my question is this....

whats the minimum useful graphics port for this limited application?

My old PC has a 1x/2x AGP port.

Should I even bother trying to use it this way (say with a 2x/4x video card) or should I find a mobo with a better graphics port before proceeding?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/minimum-graphics-card-specs-for-an-htpc.539505/
Relevancy 70.95%

It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally going to buy a laptop. Running/learning Photoshop is one of the primary reasons for the purchase, so I'm looking for minimum specs that my laptop should have.

I'm not talking the minimum specs that Adobe requires, I'm talking about minimum specs to get reasonably good performance from Photoshop.

Thanks all.

A:What are some minimum laptop specs for running Photoshop?

Laptops are quite cheap these days - to get a machine with 1GB of memory is quite common - staples in UK had a deal just before xmas for a machine for 399

I use photoshop on 512M of memory editing 27MB files OK
my laptop is a HP dv5094ea
1GB of memory
seperate 128M graphics card - few have seperate cards - most are intergrated
AMD Turion64 and it works great with PS

however, I do prefer a big monitor when doing detailed work - so you may find this the limitation

hope that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-some-minimum-laptop-specs-for-running-photoshop.535075/
Relevancy 68.37%

My friend was given an HP Pavillion ze Laptop its about years old we figure she brought it to me to clean up and out and install some programs Its supposed to have according to online info MB RAM http www ciao co uk HP Pavilion Ze When Computer Solved: not specs reporting installed RAM I ran CCleaner on it however it reported only having MB of RAM installed Now my friend said maybe thats indicating all RAM that s LEFT but I said its supposed to be indicationg whats INSTALLED cause thats how CCleaner does with my Dell I went online and got the schematic and instructions on the SDRAM http www physics harvard edu motl hp-keyboard manual pdf and it said quot The notebook has no system memory built into its motherboard but has slots for SDRAM modules One slot contains an SDRAM module that was factory installed quot I did not open the Solved: Computer specs not reporting installed RAM unit up to see whats up with the mem modules Solved: Computer specs not reporting installed RAM She took it home last night to use but will be bringing it back over today What s up with this Could the mem Solved: Computer specs not reporting installed RAM module be bad or loose This is the first time I am working on installing memory on a laptop i have upgraded mem on desktops before thank you nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I used to have a program that told ALL of my computer specs, the ones that dxdiag didn't. I need to find my power supply, although i can't recall the name of the program.

A:Program for computer specs?

Lavalys - Comprehensive IT Security and Management I don't think it can tell you your PSU... I am not familiar with any program that can tell you that

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/33394-program-computer-specs.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey, does anyone know of a good program for looking in detail at the specs of all your hardware?

I bought this computer about 3 years ago from dell and it is custom, and I have no idea what the heck is in it. Now it is time for upgrading and I need to know what exactly I have in here.

Any suggestions?

A:Program for looking at Computer Specs

Try Belarc Advisor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-for-looking-at-computer-specs.64134/
Relevancy 66.65%

My Computer has Windows XP Professional- Edition version Service Pack I use the Windows Firewall and Avira AntiVirus About a month and a half to two months back my computer began periodically freezing up not BSOD but just freezing and Ctrl Alt Del would not still does not work to shut it off so I have to hardboot with the button it to shut it off This would does happen repeatedly every night while on the internet however never during an online game session only while surfing the Internet Installed/Email hard Firewall (nonBSOD) Up Computer install Internet self was Program AntiVirus/New C... boot/Cannot or Locks need Not long after that my yahoo email was compromised where I started receiving email back from my contacts saying they think I had a virus because I had sent a blank message with a link to some drug site but there was nothing in my sent folder After this happened I removed all my contacts from my address book so this wouldn t happen again and changed my password to my email account I checked my Avira for updates and do a scan which I do weekly manually figuring I may have a Internet Locks Up Computer (nonBSOD) need hard boot/Cannot install Firewall or AntiVirus/New Program self Installed/Email was C... virus and realized that despite this being set to automatic start up when I turn on the computer it was disabled and could not be turned back on via the Avira control panel or services tab in the windows control panel I then got a message the file was corrupt so I uninstalled and reinstalled it after hours of trying because my computer Internet Locks Up Computer (nonBSOD) need hard boot/Cannot install Firewall or AntiVirus/New Program self Installed/Email was C... would lock and it would freeze mid way through the Internet Locks Up Computer (nonBSOD) need hard boot/Cannot install Firewall or AntiVirus/New Program self Installed/Email was C... scan and lock up While trying to look up the problems I was am having on line I was still getting the non-BSOD freezing issue and having to hard boot It was suggested to me that I stop using Internet Explorer and switch to Google Chrome which was fine for about three days now I have the same issue with Chrome So I thought maybe try to get a different firewall since I have never once received a pop up message or warning maybe it isn t working Well my computer won t let me download or install any other firewall program I have been able to download and save the files to desktop while in safe mode with networking but they refuse to be installed My non-techie husband has since tried to use some tools SuperAntiSpyware Malwarebytes Spybot Search and Destroy and no spyware is picked up but these can only be run in safe mode while unplugged from the internet or they freeze mid scan also We were able to get CC Cleaner installed but it also freezes through the scan so is useless I still cannot download any type of new anti-virus or firewall software and my computer is still periodically locking up where I have to hard boot Most recently a new program installed itself on my computer that I did not ask for Windows PowerShell I have no idea what it is or where it came from but I have automatic updates turned off so nothing should be downloading itself Also getting second by second strange errors and information updates in the Event Log Applications is giving LoadPerf Event System VSS MSDTC and security center notifications and System is giving DCOM Service Control Manager Event Log Dhcp Tcpip and IPses errors and notifications My security viewer is full of Users logon logoff and system event and account logon when I m already on the computer Please advise I think there is a bad virus and the constant freezing of my computer while online is driving me mad TY for any advice Ann

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368690/internet-locks-up-computer-nonbsod-need-hard-bootcannot-install-firewall-or-antivirusnew-program-self-installedemail-was-compromised-virus/
Relevancy 61.06%

I needed a laptop to take the bar exam, so I borrowed an older Dell from my dad. It was running poorly so I re-installed XP using the Dell restore disc. It didn't install any programs or drivers. The only thing showing up as a network connection is a 1394 adaptor (??), and I can't connect to my network. I need to download all the updates the including .NET Framework and the Installer in order to install the exam software. How can I get the drivers, etc. that I need?

A:Restore CD installed bare minimum XP...How do I get drivers, etc?

You should be able to get all the drivers from the dell website. You will need the service tag from the computer, download the drivers and burn them onto a disk.

http://support.dell.com/support/down...=us&l=en&s=gen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restore-cd-installed-bare-minimum-xp-how-do-i-get-drivers-etc-166387.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Installed program, now no boot into Windows, Help needed ASAP

I just installed this a few minutes ago, and then restarted my win7 64bit computer.

http://lifehacker.com/5561303/solut...peed-up-your-system-boot-fix-system-slowdowns

When the computer started to boot up, it got up to the boot page where the colorful spheres combine to for the microsoft symbol. After a few more seconds, I BSOD and get STOP: 0x0000001E. This is the only code that may seem to help.

Update: I got this after one another restart (total of 5 restarts, just hoping it may work)
An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

I have finals this week and the computer I'm using now sucks. Please help.

-Intel Core 2 Quad [email protected]
-Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
-4gb Mushkin DDR2
-EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+
-Win7 Home Premium 64
-Standard Case Fans
-Logitech X240 2.1
-Western Digital 500gb WD5001AALS, Western Digital 640gb WD6400AAKS (somehow connected)

-Standard CD
-Raidmax Smilodon

A:Installed program, now no boot into Windows

Safe Mode

Try booting into Safe Mode. Then remove the program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-program-now-no-boot-into-windows.148393/
Relevancy 58.91%

Had a disk issue with my system, took to a local repairman, he installed something that the system boots into. My system will not boot to safe, bios or any other mode. I can get into safe mode via msconfig.

The real issue I am trying to fix is iTunes is not working, says it has no program associated with it. wanted to get into safe mode with command prompt to run assoc.exe=exefile Any suggestions of wait to repairman to open and have him help me uninstall what ever software he installed???

A:Repair tech installed a boot program

Welcome Walkingbird
A little more information will help us help you.
HP desktop model number will come in handy.
Can you describe what the program it boots into says? Such as does it say "recovery" or does it have a logo or name?
I take it the f8 key does not take you to the boot choice screen but does the f8 do anything?

It is difficult to say what to do without knowing what program we are dealing with. I would also ask you to make sure there are no cd's or dvd's in the drives prior to boot. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a repair or scanning disk left in the drive by repair personnel cause boot issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/291504-repair-tech-installed-boot-program.html
Relevancy 57.62%

How do I do a system restore if I can't get xp to start. It only gets as far as the window that shows when "Windows is starting" except that those words do not come up. It just sits there. I installed a program last night and this has now happened. I do have a "Spotmau" recovery disk. But don't know how to get to restore.

A:Need to restore but no xp disk. Installed a program and now no proper boot sequence

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-restore-but-no-xp-disk-installed-a-program-and-now-no-proper-boot-sequence.768827/
Relevancy 57.19%

Basicaly my work computer is sometimes used by different people and somebody has gone and installed a piece of software on it that breaches company policy. I just wondered if there were any logs that I could take a look at anywhere on the computer which would tell me who installed it? or is it impossible to find out who did it unless additonal auditing/logging was setup before hand?

A:Who installed a program on my computer?

Whomever put the files on your computer, will show as the Owner of the files in the Security tab of the properties of the file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/who-installed-a-program-on-my-computer.604526/
Relevancy 57.19%

I pulled a newbie error and forgot the command to get me out of this issue, so here it goes...

Explanation:
I was hit with spyware and hijacking and it was eatin up RAM, so I decided to boot into safe mode using the MSCONFIG console. Went to the BOOT.INI tab and checked the "Minimum Boot(Alt. Shell) option. <Newbieisms>

So now it boots up to Safe mode and within the Administrator profile, I get the command prompt <cmd.exe> and I dont know the command to use to reboot back into "Normal mode" not Safe mode.

Keep in mind, I CANNOT access the run prompt, explorer, the Start bar, msconfig<to uncheck it>, or any thing !!! Dooh!!

Can any one help or point in the right direction on this one??

Thanks again,
Harcore Baller

A:Msconfig,Boot.INI, minimum boot alt shell issue.

Just a thought - can you hit F8 while starting to get a startup list, then choose normal boot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/20445/msconfigbootini-minimum-boot-alt-shell-issue/
Relevancy 56.76%

Not really sure what to do here a while back I ran out of now and a SATA boot program probs it new made installed drive, my HD I have internal HD space on my Dell Dimension with GB hard drive I work in Audio So I bought an internal Sata GB drive and was told it would perform better in live tracking sessions to make it the new master drive and it seemed easy enough so I went through the process at the time to have the BIOS make it I installed a new SATA internal HD and made it my boot drive, now have program probs the new drive and move everything over however when I ran windows again most of my programs worked fine but a few started with error messages yet still started anyway But now I need to update and uninstall some I installed a new SATA internal HD and made it my boot drive, now have program probs programs and when I try to do this for example Microsoft Office which i own and have the official CDs for it says the original installation can't be uninstalled due to there being no uninstall information this happens with a few other programs as well What is my best bet to getting these off my machine I can't even re-install these programs because they detect previous versions already installed but they're nonworking versions that tell me to reinstall Any help would be appreciated If I didn't supply enough specific info just let me know what else I might need to list I'm running windows XP sp

A:I installed a new SATA internal HD and made it my boot drive, now have program probs

Try the Revo uninstaller. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html Be sure to use the Advanced option to remove all traces in the Registry as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-installed-a-new-sata-internal-hd-and-made-it-my-boot-drive-now-have-program-probs-388766.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I made a previous post about a computer I was planning to buy and whether Fallout 3 can run on those specs. But there's been a change of plans. The computer is sold out and outta stock so this is my second choice to buy Costco.

Would this computer with these specs run Fallout 3 at least above medium settings?

HP Pavilion e9280t Desktop
Intel Core i7 Processor
1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650
9GB RAM
1TB Hard drive
Windows 7 Home Premium

A:(Different specs) So would this computer with these specs be able to run Fallout 3?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/different-specs-so-would-this-computer-with-these-specs-be-able-to-run-fallout-3.879533/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am wondering if keylogging software can be detected on a HiJackThis log I encountered this in the past as I discovered that someone quot close to me quot was able to get into my AOL emails I am suspect that it is again being done So therefore I am posting a log I m not sure where to go from on my installed Keylogging computer? program here Thank you for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Keylogging program installed on my computer? Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService Keylogging program installed on my computer? exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Keylogging program installed on my computer? Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files SiteRanker SiteRankTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files AOL a waol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files AOL a shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Topspeed aoltpsd exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http toolbar inbox com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid tb id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www inbox com tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - D D D - F D- C-B C -E F B - C PROGRA INBOXT Inbox dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keylogging-program-installed-on-my-computer.835913/
Relevancy 56.76%

My ex-wife, who is an IT expert, has installed some kind of spy program to my computer. She is getting information that only I would know. I have a new log-on for my aol and she has found this out.

Norton keeps sending me warnings that someone is trying to access my computer.

I have searched my files and can not find a spy program, but she would know how to hide it.

Is there anyway I can find out what it is and remove it from my computer. I have Pest Patrol and have done a search with it and removed what was on the log but I still keep getting the Norton warnings.

Thank you for any help you can give me. Tx

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi forum members I ve been getting error messages like this lately quot The application or DLL insert program path here is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette quot So I did an internet search and found out that some people are even calling my a installed program have keylogger computer? I on Do what I have a keylogger program I have KeyScrambler installed on my computer I thought I would be protected if this was the case Anyway this is basically what happens after a few hours of using my XP mostly surfing the internet my browser behaves very strangely When I for instance do an internet search query into Google some of the words in the suggestions come up completely blank If for instance you type quot Huffington Post quot in Google the first suggestion you come up with looks kinda like this quot Do I have a keylogger program installed on my computer? Breaking News and Opinion on the Huffington Post www huffingtonpost com Offers syndicated columnists blogs and news stories with moderated comments quot I get something like this quot News Opinion on the Post Offers columnists news stories with comments quot Some of the words are missing in the suggestions not all of them just some Also something else happens when I try to open any program I get that error message quot The application or DLL insert program path here is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette quot So I can t search because I can t see anything and I can t use word processing programs like OpenOffice so I m forced to restart my computer When I restart my computer everything works fine until a few hours when the whole process starts again So what is happening to my computer Your help is greatly appreciated a newbie nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

First off I want to say that this is not a problem but only an annoyance After upgrading from Win to Win on my sister-in-law's laptop the computer tries to start up this program about every minutes As you can see it is no longer installed so maybe it was a toolbar or some such that was attached to Internet Explorer and was abandoned with the upgrade I really don't know That path no longer exists I suspect that it's calling some kind of malware I have done deep scans with both Windows Defender lots of malware found then Malwarebytes no malware found I have been unable to find where this program is being called from It's not being called with the normal startup programs and I've looked at the start up programs called up from the registry using regedit also but I suspect it is indeed being called from the registry and there is probably more than one place to look but I don't know where that is If anyone has some insight into how to get rid of this annoyance I would really appreciate to program installed. no longer tries Computer that's start any advice Thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/63033-computer-tries-start-program-thats-no-longer-installed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I hadn t shared any of the dismay about the removal of the Solved: Win opening 8 computer an installed -- desktop program on start button in Win it seemed to me that the metro screen itself was a big start menu After I removed some of the preinstalled crapware quot new apps quot and created some new groupings that worked fine I didn t try to keep tiles on the screen to launch ancillary programs like quot uninstall quot for installed software packages I figured I could just go into File Explorer on the rare occasion I needed one of them and start it from there But now I m beginning to wonder if I m doing it in the most efficient way I tend to download a lot of freeware utilities for specific tasks I have enough real estate Solved: Win 8 on desktop computer -- opening an installed program on my hard drives that I just leave them installed for future occasional use The result is a metro screen that s getting overloaded with icons and I can see a point where I ll have Solved: Win 8 on desktop computer -- opening an installed program to break down the groups into finer-grained ones or just leave a huge quot other quot group to search through when I want to run a program I don t use often One solution is of course to reinstall the start button with one of the available third-party add-ons That s fine but I assumed that Microsoft had thought this through and that the howls about the missing start button were coming from people who just couldn t deal with change Or am I wrong What s the most effective way to arrange traditional application programs for easy management nbsp

A:Solved: Win 8 on desktop computer -- opening an installed program

As you described there is no "most effective way" other than what looks best to you; and you'll change your mind tomorrow. The tiles I don't expect to use I just delete from the Start screen.

Don't worry about removing too many tiles, as you can display all possible tiles (all possible programs) by right click and then click on "All Apps" in the bottom right of the screen. You probably won't care for the organization, but presumably you don't use that option often.

Another way to effectively have an "All Programs" list for when you occasionally need it is to put on the desktop a shortcut to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win-8-on-desktop-computer-opening-an-installed-program.1094586/
Relevancy 53.32%

We just purchased a Honestech VHS to DVD program without knowing the specs of the Laptop we were going to use it on. Not smart, I know. The AMD requirement for the program is AMD Athlon 64. We thought it had at least that, but it doesn't. The system info on the laptop says the processor is AMD Sempron M120 2100mz one core(S) one logiacal processor. We are refraining from opening the software until we can see whether it will work. Will it, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vhs-to-dvd-program-processor-specs-question.980457/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I finally got some extra money coming my way and I want to upgrade my system. DO you klnow of any free programs that would allow me to get a full hardware spec of my pc so I can see what can be upgraded to work with what?

A:Free program for system specs

Speccy and Belarc Advisor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-program-for-system-specs.1123238/
Relevancy 52.89%

Is there a way to make a program "think" that my system has a higher specification than what it actually has? e.g. Ram, Processor, Vram

Because one of my games (PES 2010) thinks that I have 0mb VRAM when for about 3 months it has read the actual amount (768mb)
I would like to know how to do this as I have tried everything on this game, I can still run it but on very low res graphics, and I can't go without the pro evo the way its meant to be played.

A:Solution how to make a program think you have higher specs

You might have better luck on a forum specific to the game. You may get an answer here too but most any software company these days has their own forum.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/265802-solution-how-make-program-think-you-have-higher-specs.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello-
I've been having a problem everytime (2x now) I install the Windows XP service pack 2. After I had installed the service pack I turned off my computer and came back after work to get on my computer. My computer begins to start the boot up process and before it loads Windows it stops and says please load floppy boot up disk. I do not have a floppy boot disk for XP and secondly if I need one how do I make one! Why is my computer doing this too me!!?

Please Help
Logan

A:Computer Won't Boot After SP2 Is Installed!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...68-6e4f-471c-b455-bd5afee126d8&displaylang=en

You can get your disks here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-after-sp2-is-installed.298427/
Relevancy 52.89%

Well I just installed Service Pack 2 and now my pc decided not to work. It loads up to the point of the screen where it says 'Windows XP' with the little blue bar going across and after that screen it goes black and starts to boot up again. It just continually does this. I've installed another copy of XP on my computer so i can still use it but what the hell has gone wrong with it?

Relevancy 52.89%

My computer won't boot after I installed new ram. I installed a 2 gig stick and it got warm. Now ever ram stick I put in I get one long beep it stops after a bout 1 minute. Fans and all drives seem to be running fine. Put old memory in a get the same thing. Did I fry my motherboard or my power supply. If I disconnect the 4 pin atx plug the beeping stops.

A:Computer won't boot after RAM installed

Please link us to your motherboard and the new RAM you installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-boot-after-ram-installed.155432/
Relevancy 52.89%

Last night I installed service pack for xp home not thinking much of it It told me that setup had completed successfully and that I had to reboot my machine and here is what I have on my hands now When I start the machine the dell screen first comes up as usual and then XP Home begins to load the screen where the logo is in the middle and the little bars move from left to right in the middle of the screen so far so good Then after a few seconds that screen goes away then comes back for a few seconds and then continues to a blue screen where the logon screen would normally appear At this point the mouse pointer shows up in SP3 Installed Computer boot won't - the middle of the screen which I can move and the screen stays Installed SP3 - Computer won't boot completely blue and nothing happens I also started the machine in safe mode and the only difference is that instead of the blue screen it is black and it says quot Microsoft R Windows XP R Build xpsp - Service Pack quot across the top of the screen and quot Safe Mode quot in each corner The mouse pointer appears here as well and can be moved but it just sits there and does nothing I am really glad that Installed SP3 - Computer won't boot I installed SP Any Help Thanks in advance Dan nbsp

A:Installed SP3 - Computer won't boot

No help, but just to let ya know.. sp3 has crashed BOTH of my machines.. Im on my 3rd reinstall for my laptop and I will NOT get sp3.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-sp3-computer-wont-boot.724035/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have just installed a new P ghz Prescott FSB with HT cpu in my mecury kobian pvt x-l motherboard The motherboard manual says that it can handle FSB and Hyper Threading it did not say anything about speed limitations or anything Anyway Whenever I put the new cpu in I can power up but nothing happens the power comes on but the power LED does not even light up my cd drive doesnt power up no video display but all of the fans power up The hard drives do not sound like they are reading either new Installed not computer boot p4 will and CPU now I have cleared the bios several times and still nothing but whenever I install the old celeron FSB Installed new p4 CPU and now computer will not boot the system starts up perfectly I have a fairly good watt PSU in it so it shouldn t be Installed new p4 CPU and now computer will not boot a power problem I am just wondering if it is a bad CPU so I can take it back Here is a link to my motherboard specs http www motherboards org mobot motherboards d Kobian PVT X-L Thanks for the help in advance DX nbsp

A:Installed new p4 CPU and now computer will not boot

Did you try upgrading your bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-p4-cpu-and-now-computer-will-not-boot.34818/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
I recently added another HDD to my desktop pc. It successfully boots 1 time out of 5 tries.
When I press the power button, the green led starts up and after 2 seconds the pc shuts down. If I unplug the pc then plug it again to the power source, it works one time or two times, then it refuses to boot again.
If I remove one HDD, leaving only 2 (I have a total of 3) it seems to work fine.

I have to mention that the PSU ocasionally has some problems. But it is 450W and as far as I know a HDD uses abot 10 W. So this shouldn't be a problem, right?

Please, advice me how should I do?
Thank you in advance.

Also, offtopic: why 2 HDDs won't appear immediately in explorer after windows 7 boots , but only after 2 or 3 minutes?

A:Computer won't boot with 3rd HDD installed

Welcome to our forummiculelectron.

The first thing the good folks will need is your (My System Specs) filled in completely. Including your power supply and what security programs you have installed.

Use this tutorial by Brink to get you started.

System Info - See Your System Specs

Then this tutorial by Golden done so we can see how things are with your disk installation.

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/379457-computer-wont-boot-3rd-hdd-installed.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Sleep, stand by or hibernate?

First of all - I have a laptop. I dont quite get the difference between all three. What I normally do is, when I want to go for a few hours, I just close my laptop, and thats it. Then after I get home I open it again to be used. Overnight, though, I just simply shut it down.

Question is, what I did above - is it called standby or sleep?

Forgetting my method above, what is the best way that will do minimum harm to my computer yet saves most energy? Is it sleep standby or hibernate?
Thank you Bleepingcomputer people

A:Which one will do minimum harm to my computer

Sleep is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again. Putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD player?the computer immediately stops what it?s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working.

Hibernation is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops. While sleep puts your work and settings in memory and draws a small amount of power, hibernation puts your open documents and programs on your hard disk, and then turns off your computer. Of all the power-saving states in Windows, hibernation uses the least amount of power. On a laptop, use hibernation when you know that you won't use your laptop for an extended period and won't have an opportunity to charge the battery during that time.

Hybrid sleep is designed primarily for desktop computers. Hybrid sleep is a combination of sleep and hibernate?it puts any open documents and programs in memory and on your hard disk, and then puts your computer into a low-power state so that you can quickly resume your work. That way, if a power failure occurs, Windows can restore your work from your hard disk. When hybrid sleep is turned on, putting your computer into sleep automatically puts your computer into hybrid sleep. Hybrid sleep is typically turned on by default on desktop computers.

That is from Microsoft.com. Standby is the hybrid sleep mode. On a Windows based computer I typically just put my computer into hibernation mode because it draws less power and it's a quicker startup than a cold boot. Sleep is going to be your fastest resume and cause the least amount of wear on the computer. So I would recommend putting it to sleep if you plan on using it not too long after, and put it in hibernation over night to conserve power.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412960/which-one-will-do-minimum-harm-to-my-computer/
Relevancy 52.46%

NOTE I solved this problem myself but it was after I was almost done with this whole post so I figured I'd leave it in case someone else ever gets the same problem Really weird problem I built this computer about years ago its a EG M-S F gigabyte motherboard Its always had vista installed on my GB HDD I installed Windows about weeks ago onto a new OCZ agility GB SSD I just bought After XP my [SOLVED] but trying Computer XP to installed never computer I boot on I installed windows the computer would go into the black and white choose your operating system screen with windows automatically booting after seconds I don't know how much of this is relevant so I'm putting it all out there Also after I installed The BIOS would temporarily freeze for about minutes at quot Memory testi quot After that the quot ng quot appeared and memory tested and the rest of the bootup took like seconds thanks win SSD One big problem I had with windows was that when it went into standby it would often freeze and auto-reboot when I tried to wake it up Everything would always recover instantly as though it were just coming out of standby after reboot All of that was ok until today Now when I try to boot it up it goes to a Safe mode with networking or command prompt last known [SOLVED] Computer trying to boot XP but I never installed XP on my computer good config start windows normally selection screen but when I do any of the above the Windows XP bootup screen loads and the little blue bar at the bottom in that screen starts going just like a normal XP bootup but the next screen is a BSOD for a fraction of a second then the comp reboots If I choose any of the safe mode options a bunch of files under the multi disk partition Windows system directory load but then the same thing happens I disconnected my Sata cable going from my SSD same problem I disconnected my Sata cable going from my HDD instead same problem Although now that my HDD is disconnected it sometimes runs the memory test but now it happens instantly I booted up the windows disk theres options for startup repair system restore system image recovery windows memory diagnostic Command Prompt went to startup repair and it ran its tool that runs these tests quot Check for updates quot quot System disk test quot quot Disk failure diagnosis quot Disk metadata test quot and it says quot Root cause found Boot sector code for system disk partition is corrupt Repair action Boot sector repair Result Completed successfully Error code x quot The memory diagnostic apparently schedules it on next bootup after the operating system tries to load so I couldn't get it to work at first but I got it to run by scheduling it then using windows restore In fact windows restore brought me really close to a functional bootup I reached the W login screen signed in and got the promising login chime but nothing loaded Just a black screen after about minutes it finally loaded woo hoo also I reconnected my HDD and the memory test at the beginning no longer takes longer than a second to load Bonus such a weird problem hopefully this long post can help someone some time anyone know why this happened Where did my computer get the image files for the Windows XP bootup screen anyway cliffnotes Keep your installation disk use windows restore

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-trying-to-boot-xp-but-i-never-installed-xp-on-my-computer-500835.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi hope someone can help me as I'm out of ideas here I've been attempting to install service pack three onto my pc with less than spectacular results Basically after repeated failed attempts I've tried installing sp without installling any other software or drivers boot during Installed computer freezes sp3, from a fresh install and I still run into the exact same problem The problem is that everything appears to go smoothley Service pack three installs without issue and tells me to reboot my machine Right then Ok That's the last I'll see of that After this my computer will not boot up I get no Installed sp3, computer freezes during boot error messages it doesn't go into a loop it just freezes on the bootup screen It will however boot into safe mode which informs me that I am indeed the proud owner of service pack three so long as I don't actually want to do anything with my computer ever again What else to say Attempting to use msconfig to run a diagnostic startup with minimal services doesn't help me i can only boot in safe mode or not at all I've got a foxconn motherboard - i believe running an intel processor I've tried plugging in my old graphics card and it likes that just the same I've tried installing on a full moon wearing only a loincloth and promising personal favours to any nearby gods and I caught a cold Any ideas

A:Installed sp3, computer freezes during boot

Anyone out there?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-sp3-computer-freezes-during-boot-373698.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have my cousins boot installed. Windows into won't after Computer computer that I replaced the Motherboard in and the HD She has a Pavillion Elite that s a little over a yr old I re-installed Win bit Then I installed Computer won't boot into Windows after installed. avg free version java Word Perfect pro Roxio Creator Pro Then replaced all her documents from the old drive She came for it and took it home last night She called today and brought it back saying she couldn t get it into windows I tried to do the windows repair on startup Got message unable to repair automatically The list of problems are as follows--- same as above unknown AutoFailover Bad Disk Then I ran the Windows Restore and tried different points Got this message Details failed to extract D Etevd RmMetadata Txf from the restore point Unspecified error during SR ox I tried once more and this time got the BSOD The only other thing that installed was about windows updates Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I don t want to have to start all over I also ran the memory test x and it came back with no problems both times nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

G day Tonight I installed some Kodak software on my computer won't software boot computer now Installed for my digital camera and it rebooted automatcally once it was loaded unforunately the computer never came back on All I have is the power light flashing on the front and the fans running CPU and case fans There is absolutely nothing else happening nothing going to the monitor no lights on the USB hub and Installed software now computer won't boot the Installed software now computer won't boot hard drive doesn t seem to want to cooperate and it doesn t attempt to do the normal floppy check that it usually does when booting up I have checked the power supply voltages and they seem okay I don t know what to do from here I am beginning to suspect my motherboard has given up the ghost or could the BIOS have totally spat it and therefore the PC doesn t know what it is supposed to do I am totally lost on this one I can usually recover the thing from most failures but this has me stumped Any ideas out there Cheers Craig nbsp

A:Installed software now computer won't boot

Bearboat said:

G'day,
Tonight I installed some Kodak software on my computer for my digital camera and it rebooted automatcally once it was loaded. unforunately the computer never came back on. All I have is the power light flashing on the front and the fans running (CPU and case fans). There is absolutely nothing else happening, nothing going to the monitor, no lights on the USB hub and the hard drive doesn't seem to want to cooperate and it doesn't attempt to do the normal floppy check that it usually does when booting up.

I have checked the power supply voltages and they seem okay. I don't know what to do from here. I am beginning to suspect my motherboard has given up the ghost or could the BIOS have totally spat it and therefore the PC doesn't know what it is supposed to do? I am totally lost on this one, I can usually recover the thing from most failures but this has me stumped.

Any ideas out there?

Cheers,

CraigClick to expand...

Unplug all your drives, printers etc. just psu/mobo/cpu+hsf/1 stick of ram/gfx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-software-now-computer-wont-boot.397023/
Relevancy 52.03%

Well after solving the issue of my router, I then reinstalled bitdefender because it said the free edition had expired. NOW MY COMPUTER WON'T START!!!! The dell symbol comes up then the menu for start normally or last good configuation and when I select any of these nothing happens as if computer freezes. When I select safe mode it only goes half way through the list of stuff then again stops and seems like its frozen. I was going to do a windows repair but after cd goes through loading everything my usb keyboard will not work, I tried in in a different usb port and same. I tried a different windows xp disk and got a blue screen!
My computer is a dell 2.9 GHz with 2.99 Ram running windows XP pro SP 2
Any help urgently would be appreciated
Steve.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all After traveling across the country in a Uhaul my PC developed a problem here is a description of the problem The computer will power up and goes to the default screen preloaded on the motherboard When windows tries to load the Windows Vista screen with the green horizontal progress bar it shuts down after computer still harddrive, boot new won't but Installed a few seconds I assumed that Installed new harddrive, but computer still won't boot harddrive was damaged during the move so purchased a replacement HD and installed it The computer powers up with no problems and Vista begins to run when I insert the disk to re-install the OS The problem is the Installed new harddrive, but computer still won't boot same thing happens when the computer finishes reading the files on the disk a hard shutdown I m really clueless when it comes to this If you need me to give you more info please let me know as I say I m clueless when it comes to this Any help in the right direction would be great The Best Chad nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Mod Edit MOVED to Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs boopme I m stumped and frustrated that I fell victim to this program that caused my computer to crash After installing Hitman Pro I installed it because of all the Google Redirect probelems I was having it did it s scan then told me it needed to reboot However it will not reboot I ve gotten as far Computer and Installed boot Pro Now won't Hitman as being able to run the Farbar Recovery Tool but have no idea what to do now Any help is so much appreciated Here is the log You can view the tour here Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from E Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup - - NVIDIA Corporation Installed Hitman Pro and Now Computer won't boot HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run RunDLLEntry C Windows system RunDLL exe C Windows system AmbRunE dll RunDLLEntry - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM Run lxdimon exe quot C Program Files x Lexmark - Series lxdimon exe quot - - HKLM Run lxdiamon quot C Program Files x Lexmark - Series lxdiamon exe quot - - HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA UpdaterStartupUtility exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run SmartSoft PDF Printer Agent quot C Program Files Smart PDF Creator Pro SmartSoft PDF Installed Hitman Pro and Now Computer won't boot Printer Agent exe quot - - HKLM-x Run Desktop Disc Tool quot C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe quot - - HKLM-x Run HControlUser C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe - - ASUS HKLM-x Run ATKOSD C Program Files x ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exe - - ASUS HKLM-x Run ATKMEDIA C Program Files x ASUS ATK Media DMedia exe - - ASUS HKLM-x Run VolPanel quot C Program Files x Creative SB Audigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot r - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run UpdReg C Windows UpdReg EXE - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run Setwallpaper c programdata SetWallpaper cmd x HKLM-x Run lxdimon exe quot C Program Files x x Lexmark - Series lxdimon exe quot - - HKLM-x Run lxdiamon quot C Program Files x x Lexmark - Series lxdiamon exe quot - - HKLM-x Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run Intuit SyncManager C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Sync IntuitSyncManager exe startup - - Intuit Inc All rights reserved HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run BCSSync quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe quot DelayServices - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run VMM Mode Selection C Program Files HTC ModeSelection VMMModeSelection exe - - HKLM-x Run SDTray quot C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe quot - - Safer-Networking Ltd HKU Guest Run swg quot C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot - - Google Inc HKU Rene Scott Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Rene Scott Run swg... Read more

A:Installed Hitman Pro and Now Computer won't boot

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
TDL4: custom:26000022 <===== ATTENTION!
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options. Run FRST again like we did before but this time press the Fix button just once and wait. The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Also boot the computer into normal mode and let me know how things are looking.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483986/installed-hitman-pro-and-now-computer-wont-boot/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok, I have a recently formatted Optiplex GX260, yes veryyyyy old I know, and its CPU is running a 1.8 celeron type thing, I bought a Intel Pentium 4 Processor that is should be running 2.8, and I've installed it, made sure I was grounded, added thermal paste, updated the BIOS to A09, took out the battery to reset the BIOS so it would pick up the new CPU, but when the 2.8 chip is installed the computer turns on, but doesn't boot, the light in the power button stays orange, the other light on the front lights up green, and I hear the cooling fan on, but its not very powerful, any help?

A:Newly Installed CPU Won't Let Computer Boot

Look up what mobo is in there and see if it will recognize a P4 with 800FSB. I think the 2.8 comes in 533 and 800. Might require a BIOS update. Post what board you have and let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-cpu-wont-let-computer-boot.145068/
Relevancy 52.03%

I don't even know how to start this thread, but the title pretty much says it all, what did I do wrong??!
The cooler is installed properly mind you; I have no idea... The only thing that's changed is my CPU cooler lol
Anyways, when I turn the computer on it would remain on black screen (not on).

**Things I've tried**

- I've tried booting the computer with none of my USB devices connected, no luck.

A:installed AIO watercooler, now my computer won't boot.

Hi I would start by reseating all the connections in the case. might of knocked one loose when installing the cooler.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390028-installed-aio-watercooler-now-my-computer-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello sir, My HP pavilian 15 laptop and my operating system windows 7 bit-32  and processor-amd   problem Error installing Intel HD graphics driver: "computer does not meet the minimum requirements" please solution this problem  --thankyou

A:this computer does not meet the minimum requirements

Hi apon_dewan, Welcome to the HP Forums!I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I grasp you are having a difficulty installing the Intel graphic driver.  I also see you are running Windows 7 32 bit. You did tell me you have a Pavilion 15 laptop, however HP manufactures many Pavilion 15's.  To assist you better I will need to know your exact model. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Was there any recent changes to your system? Have you tried running the HP Support Assistant to help with updates and resolving issues. Is the a Bios update for your notebook? If so I suggest contacting HP support as Bios updates do have the potential to cause damage. Updating the BIOS  Please call HP technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region HP Technical Support Sitemap.  You can also use MS Fix It to try and  resolve issues. Here  is a link to HP Drivers & Downloads for your convenience. This will have the recommended drivers and software. You will need to input your model and select the OS. If you would like further assistance, please provide your exact model of HP notebook and the results from your troubleshooting efforts.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/this-computer-does-not-meet-the-minimum-requirements/td-p/4144154
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,
I brought a new graphics card to put into my computer, but when i turn the computer on, the screen still stays black and the fan on the graphics card is on. I also don't hear any beeps from the computer. It is an AGP Card. It requires 300W.

I tried everything,
-Disabling internal graphics
-Taking out my sound card
-Use different power cable
-Updated bios to latest version...

Graphics card: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AGP_A_series/AH3450DI512MD2LP/#overview

Motherboard: 775VM800 - http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?model=775vm800
Ram: 2GB
Power source: 400W

Thanks,
Ahmad

A:Installed new graphics card, now computer won't boot?

Make sure the bios is set for AGP as the first or primary video source

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-graphics-card-now-computer-wont-boot.174444/
Relevancy 51.6%

Here s all the details I can provide and I ll PLEASE Installed 2, Solved: the Boot Computer Now HELP: Just My I Won't Beta try Solved: PLEASE HELP: I Just Installed the Beta 2, Now My Computer Won't Boot to answer any questions you have Today I received my copy of Windows Vista Beta that I ordered through the mail I installed it but at the final restart as far as I can tell Windows will no longer boot I m currently working from a different computer in case you were about to ask The installation was going normally until the computer restarted itself as part of the installation After that it was having problems booting It would just restart very soon before I even saw the desktop I only managed to boot it once without the installation disc and God doesn t even know how I managed that Each time it restarted it would have some error message along the lines of quot Windows did not start properly quot and then ask me if I wanted to start in safe mode or whatever the other options were I tried booting from the installation disc and ran all the self-tests that were provided None of them found any problems So now I m stuck Please help I don t know if this will help but here you go Previously I was running Windows XP Home Edition on a machine I custom ordered from a small business It has an AMD Athlon CPU GB SATA rpm hard drive KN Extreme NForce mother board MB SRAM DIMM DDR PC RAM x MB PCI Express video card Thank you so much for even reading this far Andrew nbsp

A:Solved: PLEASE HELP: I Just Installed the Beta 2, Now My Computer Won't Boot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-i-just-installed-the-beta-2-now-my-computer-wont-boot.476819/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently bought a new DVD-RW drive to replace my dvd drive and as soon as I installed it, the computer is taking 5 minutes or so to boot up into windows xp. I shut down the computer which took like 3-4 minutes, and after I turned it off I hooked back up the old dvd drive hoping the speed would return but it has not.

Any clues?

A:Installed new DVD-RW, computer takes 5 mins to boot up

WHen you installed the DVDRW did you set the jumper on it to the same as the DVD ROm you replaced it with? is there another drive on the same cable as the DVDRW?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-dvd-rw-computer-takes-5-mins-to-boot-up.35110/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok here is the problem I recently changed my system by removing my gig Maxtor Ide HDD and replaceing it for a seagate gig Sata HDD I used Acronis Migrate Easy to clone my which contained my Win Xp pro on to my I also had a gig Maxtor Sata HDD installed into the system that held all my games and storage files which I removed before cloneing my gig After cloneing I removed the old ide and the system fired up perfectly running on the new Sata drive I then reinstalled my Sata drive useing the other Sata hook up System would not boot I boot Solved: HDD 2nd installed won't with SATA Computer checked bios and no HDD found I remove the cable from the and system will boot fine again I have tryed changeing some settings in Bios but nothing seems work Why can t I hook SATA drives up at the same time Even before I ghosted the on to the neither sata drive showed up when both installed My other Solved: Computer won't boot with 2nd SATA HDD installed specs are as follows Asus P P deluxe P ghz mb pc x X XT mb DVD drive DL Pioneer Burner nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Today I bought a new heatsink and fan for my CPU in hopes of overclocking it. However, when I went to turn it on, Nothing came on the screen, my motherboard beeps one long beep repeatedly. Can anyone help me? :dead:

A:Installed CPU heatsink & Fan, now computer wont boot!!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Different Bios`s generate different beep codes take a look HERE at my beep code list.

The list is by no means exhaustive and covers only the most common bios`s

You can find out what bios you running either in your mobo manual or from your mobo manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-cpu-heatsink-fan-now-computer-wont-boot.21179/
Relevancy 51.6%

hello, I reformatted my hard drive yesterday and created two partitions on my 80 GB. one being 64 GB, and the other about 10 GB. I had installed windows XP home edition on the 64GB partition. I was planning on installing a second OS on the 10GB partiton. I then downloaded and installed the acronis disk director suite trial software. I was then given the option to restart right then, or do it on my own later. I chose to restart right then. Upon booting in that restart, the Dell loading screen passes then all that I see is a completely black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left hand corner. What has happened? How can it be fixed?

Edit: i am able to go into BIOS

Thanks,
Slusher

A:computer wont boot, acronis installed

can you go into safe mode...or even bios?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-acronis-installed.491504/
Relevancy 51.6%

Alright so I purchased a PNY x new Installed computer old RAM, now Solved: RAM. doesn't even with Not boot. GB RAM pack Solved: Installed new RAM, now computer doesn't boot. Not even with old RAM. I installed the RAM and when I attempted to boot the computer the power light is on but apparently the hard drives and disk drives aren t running because I can t hear the whirr of the hard drives when first turned on I can feel the fan in the back spin for about a second then stop There is no display at all or beeping The fans work fine The previous RAM was Kingston MB DDR PC and Infineon x MB So I tried reseating the RAM no good So then I tried using the old RAM No good same problem Then I researched the web for help so I tried reseating the power cables in the case A few of the cables I couldn t disconnect so I gave it a Solved: Installed new RAM, now computer doesn't boot. Not even with old RAM. hard nudge in place which I also did for every other cable Still not booting Now I am gonna try reseating ALL of the power cables next no matter how diffucult some are to remove but it seems not very necessary for all of the cables are tight in place Maybe it s Solved: Installed new RAM, now computer doesn't boot. Not even with old RAM. the PSU or processor but I highly doubt it because the computer was running flawlessly before I started to intall the new RAM Even if this RAM isn t compatible with my motherboard I m thinking quot Well it shouldn t damage the power supply or anything at all All I did was add RAM quot So I am very reluctant to replace the power supply processor or motherboard Please help and thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Installed new RAM, now computer doesn't boot. Not even with old RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-new-ram-now-computer-doesnt-boot-not-even-with-old-ram.777524/
Relevancy 51.17%

Iv been gaming for years, but when my desktop crapped out, I decided to go looking for a new one.. Sadly with no job, my budget is a whopping $450.. Could anyone help me with minimum specs and or point me in a direction where I can find a prebuilt desktop.

A:Trying to build a bear minimum gaming computer

There arent many gaming computers out there for that price. But you are in luck. There is a phenomenal Youtuber out there who makes a bunch of awesome videos regarding tech news and such. He also does videos about budget PCs every few months:

Instead of the case he chose, you should get this instead:
http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Technolo...&qid=1365811357&sr=1-2&keywords=computer+case

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-build-a-bear-minimum-gaming-computer.191511/
Relevancy 51.17%

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software , I am trying to install a modded driver for my Intel G41 Express Chipset but im getting that error . any help please?

A:This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing...

That is not an error. It tells you that you picked the wrong driver.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/37288-computer-does-not-meet-minimum-requirements-installing.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Oops,I forgot about this forum,I am usually in 'hardware',trying to get my old celeron win 98 to work better.

I have given up with that thing now,as it severely limits my photography and what I want to do. So,I need an up to date computer,something more capable and in laptop form as I travel with my cameras.

I have a budget of 400,what spec laptop should I look for?

My old machine is 10gb HDD 196mb ram celeron win 98,and the lappy is 5gb 64mb p2 with win 98.So as you can see I am very limited.I need to move on and a modern machine I need.

Relevancy 51.17%

(HP ENVY 15t-k100 CTO)   When I try to update my Intel HD Graphics 4600 with the recommended update(sp72810.exe), I get the error message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" The only thing I've done is added another 8gb of ram bringing the total to 16gb. Everything else is stock. What do I need to do to make the update compatible or what should I do to get the correct update file?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/This-computer-does-not-meet-minimum-requirements-for/td-p/5598478
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an HP Pavilion G which I upgraded to Windows Here are the specs for the system HP Pavilion g - c ca Notebook PC Product Specifications HP Support When I upgraded I noticed some fps frames per second drop and ping rise on one of my favourite games Ace of Spades This game is remarkably simple and as the developers put it quot your grandmother's rig could run this game quot Before the upgrade the game ran fine After the fps decrease and ping increase led me to believe the graphics fps network ping drivers might be to blame so I went to the HP site to download the updated Windows graphics and network drivers link here Software amp Driver Downloads HP Pavilion not meet computer requirements for this installing... does the minimum g - c ca Notebook PC HP Support When I tried to install them I got this message this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing... for both quot this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software quot questions Why would hp supply a driver on its sight that can't be installed on the system that has a page of these drivers dedicated to it I did some googleing into possible causes One possibility was not having the right NET framework installed I checked and do have the correct version I also updated my BIOS in case that was the culprit What might be the problem here

A:this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing...

There are two sets of drivers available at the link that you provide: one for machines with only the Intel graphics, the other for systems with switchable Intel/AMD graphics. You'd lose a lot of graphics performance if you had a switchable system and only had the Intel drivers installed.

I see no clear indication on the page as to which machines have the switchable package.

If you know that you have the switchable graphics option, I suggest uninstalling the Intel graphics drivers, and installing the AMD package (which is also supposed to include Intel drivers).

I have no personal experience with switchable graphics, so I haven't faced that issue. I don't know how to tell for sure whether the AMD controller is present. (Device manager?) Let us know whether it works out.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/11607-computer-does-not-meet-minimum-requirements-installing.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am writing this on another computer I can assure you that I have 7 Windows installed Dual-boot, computer on a with with XP Problem never found myself in this kind of frustration when it comes to computers I have a computer which has Windows installed on it I have some old games and applications I've always wanted to use but couldn't because of compatibility issues I decided to follow a tutorial here on this forum to install Windows XP using dual boot Now my computer has two internal Problem with Dual-boot, installed XP on a computer with Windows 7 drives An SSD of GB with Windows on it and a TB drive which I split into two Problem with Dual-boot, installed XP on a computer with Windows 7 partitions in order to be able to install Windows XP I have also supposedly slipstreamed the Problem with Dual-boot, installed XP on a computer with Windows 7 drivers into the installation All went fine in the setup until it had to restart It restarted and I was greeted by the Windows XP Pro loading screen I was proud of myself that I had managed to do it oh wait only seconds passed and this beast BSOD pops up Error code x B I tried to restart again and noticed I am stuck on Windows XP now something that has to do with the bootloader from what I've read I tried inserting the Windows OEM disk and performed a repair used the bootrec commands Kept saying no element found made the partition active using diskpart searched for COUNTLESS hours on the internet maybe something on some forum could be of some help nothing And finally MY WORST MISTAKE was deleting the partition I quot installed quot Windows XP on When I try to boot I'm now stuck with Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem Could not read from the selected boot disk Check boot path and disk hardware Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for addition information I tried using diskpart to change the drive letters back to the original ones nothing I think that this message I'm getting is coming from XP I need some REAL help with this How to get back to Windows Are my files safe Will using an adapter to connect the harddrive as a USB to another computer get me back my files I've done a backup but I forgot that some more up to date files are in my GB SSD drive I am in some real trouble and need some help ASAP I know how to format but I would like to keep that as a LAST resort Thanks

A:Problem with Dual-boot, installed XP on a computer with Windows 7

If you have separate hard drives then you should have unplugged the Win7 SSD to install XP on the other hard drive so this could not happen. Then boot your choice via the BIOS.

Now unplug all other drives and peripherals besides the Win7 SSD, confirm the 100mb System Reserved (if you have it) or the Win7 partition (if you don't) is Partition Marked Active,

Then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times until Win7 starts.

If you want to install XP, unplug all other drives except the drive you want it installed upon. Using the XP CD, I would delete its partition, create and full format new to make sure you have the XP partition table.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/374282-problem-dual-boot-installed-xp-computer-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Installed the wrong menory stick in my emachine T5048. It takes DDR SDRAM 533 MHZ. I mistakingly put in a sdr dimm with the original memory stick that came with the computer (two memory slots). I pulled the wrong stick out and left the original one in it. I tried to boot up the computer and nothing loads. I dont get any error messages just a blank screen. It is getting power. Is it that I just damaged the memory stick or could I have damaged something in the mother board? I didn't try another memory stick because I don't have one. If the problem is just the memory sick I will buy one but I would like a little more information before I buy one.

A:installed wrong memory stick now my computer won't boot - Need help

Try taking out all the memory sticks and starting the PC.....you should hear beeps .....that should indicate the motherboard is working..

let us know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-wrong-memory-stick-now-my-computer-wont-boot-need-help.794238/
Relevancy 51.17%

Computer won't boot at all from the first time with Radeon 5970 installed. Only when I press and hold down the power button and then boot it again it will start up.

Here are my specs.

Windows 7 Ultimate
Core i7 2.68
DX58SO with latest BIOS
Chieftec A135 750W.

Help me, please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-from-first-time-with-radeon-5970-installed.969176/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just recently bought an ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 8500DV Card(AGP version), and before I installed the card, I had uninstalled my previous ATI and my video adapter card software and drivers from my computer. I also disabled my built-in video adapter too. In addition, I went to my BIOS and on the PCI/ Plug and Play Setup Page, I changed my PCI setting to AGP bus. After I had installed my ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON graphics, my computer wouldn't boot up. I just got a self test message that came across my computer's monitor screen telling me that my monitor is working and that I need to check the video cable and computer.

On an ending note, what must I do to get my computer to boot up with my ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 8500DV Card(AGP version) installed?

Yours Truly, John B. Turner, III aka Jusick

A:Computer Won't Boot With Video Graphics Card Installed

Does the machine boot with the old card which I presume is pci

I am confused on the pci agp setting, are you saying you set it to initialize agp first

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-with-video-graphics-card-installed.80251/
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently installed new update Vista Service Pak 2. Computer attempted to restart after installing, never was able to get it started, it showed the window that it was trying to repair the computer and file and reconfigure. I started it normally and it began to boot and then this ! ! OxcO1aoo1d !! 15280/45306 (\Registry\maching\Schema\wcm://Microsoft...) is appearing on the screen and appears to be stuck. What does this mean and what do I need to do. ANY help would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Installed Vista Service Pak 2 and now computer will not boot up

hi and welcome to the forum A System Restore point is created before installation. Have you tried running System Restore from your installation dvd? See here for more help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-vista-service-pak-2-and-now-computer-will-not-boot-up.853995/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone,

I'm currently running BitDefender 9 but it is going to expire in a few days time so I was after the new version. I downloaded the trial from the BitDefender website but when I tried to install it, I was told I needed to uninstall my current version.

I went to Add/Remove programs like usual but for some reason BitDefender is not listed. I went to BitDefender in programs and clicked 'modify, repair or uninstall' and it tells me 'this action is only valid for products that are currently installed'.

I have no idea how I'm meant to uninstall BitDefender 9 since it is not listed! The program is clearly running and installed so I have no idea why it would not be shown as a currently installed program!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Installed Program Not Listed Under Installed Programs

See if this http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/co...nted-programs/ will help, scroll down to the section What to do if the program isn?t listed in the ?Add/Remove Programs? list.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-program-not-listed-under-installed-programs-122296.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all, I have Win7x64 and was checking the list of installed programs and seen two entries of CVE-2012-4792.. Then I typed that into google and a lot of technical garble came back, but no CVE for dummies like I was looking for.

Am I infected??
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_extra/post_icons/icon14.gif
Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481306/a-program-installed-is-installed-cve-2012-4792/
Relevancy 50.31%

I used my service tag in "I'm looking for drivers and downloads" and filter which is compatible under Windows XP. but when i downloaded the file and run, its always encountering "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". I've checked my OS and its updated. Why ?
I tried also to choose a model which is similar to my Inspiron Desktop 530 and download the video controller, unfornatunately no match and compatible on my video. Anyone can help me on this?
Thanks in advance,
Day

A:My Computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the video controller

What is the actual video driver file you downloaded? Did your 530 come with XP or did you install XP yourself?  If your 530 came with Vista, for example, then the Dell download listing based on your sevice tag will have Vista drivers.   Also what video is installed in your 530.  If you don't know, download the free Belarc Advisor and run that and it will list what Video you have.   www.belarc.com

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19332787
Relevancy 49.88%

I installed a PCI firewire card that i ordered, and my computer doesnt boot. It makes a couple of beeping noises (more than usual) and the computer just doesnt boot. I think it might be an IRQ conflict between the PCI firewire card and my new AGP graphics card, because my monitor doesn't work whenever the firewire card is in. These are some devices in my PCI slots: sound card, modem card, and ethernet adapter. Here are the specs: 500 MHz PC, pentiumIII, 512MB SDRAM, Windows XP Pro.

Is there a way I can install my PCI firewire card and make the computer boot? Thanks in advance for any advice.

A:Installed PCI 1394 Firewire Host Adapter, computer doesnt boot

Look up the beep codes in your motherboards manual and see what they mean exactly. It can be something as simple as a loose keyboard cable.

You could also try putting the controller in another PCI slot. The first and the last PCI slots are not the best ones to use since usually those share resources with other motherboard devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-pci-1394-firewire-host-adapter-computer-doesnt-boot.19154/
Relevancy 49.88%

nbsp I pre-installed windows Home Premium on a new TB HDD pavilion my new the will computer 1TB Hp using new windows installing Pre 7 HDD NOT gaming in Slimline Installed before HDD my a BOOT on using my Hp pavilion Slimline before installing the HDD in my new gaming computer build and now it will not boot First I got a Pre Installed windows 7 on a new 1TB HDD using my Hp pavilion Slimline before installing the HDD in my new gaming computer will NOT BOOT message from microsoft saying something along the lines quot You have installed a new processor let microsoft search for a repair or repair it for you or something like that quot nbsp nbsp I bought the TB HDD and windows home premium disc from Amazon as a bundle deal Sale knowing I had plans of purchasing the rest of the components after doing a price comparison first for building my DREAM Gaming computer Now I already had a Hp pavilion Slimline computer that the HDD was missing and the GPU wasn't working on and I found a fix for which I tried and so I used my new TB HDD and the new Windows disc to test it with thinking I could still use the TB HDD in my new build I would just have a HDD with the OS preinstalled and ready for my build Well I got the Slimline working fine for a few days or at best then the GPU went out again so I removed the HDD from the Slimline set it aside for my build nbsp quot THE BUILD quot nbsp I found a decent price at Fry's electronics here locally in Vegas so I purchased the following - MSi Z -G Mother board - intel i - K LGA Processor - Corsair RM watt PSU - EVGA GB GDDR GEFORCE GTX Graphics card - ASUS Blue-Ray writer BW- D HT Blue Ray disc writer - Thermaltake Water Extreme S dual fan system CPU cooler - WD Red TB HDD Storage HDD - COENUS Enermax case cmptr case nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Sub Total cost nbsp TB HDD amp Windows OS disc Samsung GB SSD cost nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Total cost I also since I had the booting issue returned to Fry's to get technical advice and to purchase a Samsung GB SSD cost nbsp so I am in to this new computer for about and so far it is just a PAPER WEIGHT nbsp I explained my issue to the sales rep at quot Fry's electronics quot and was told I would need to contact microsoft via telephone to see if they could reset my OS key because of the possibility that windows nbsp wasn't recognizing my copy of windows because of the preinstalled OS on the Slimline with a different Processor which originally came with VISTA from the factory btw Which is my purpose for coming here and to get any help possible ty nbsp nbsp nbsp I have also tried disconnecting the TB HDD with the preinstalled OS to see if I needed to start the computer with out OS installed for if it needed to boot the new mother board prior to installing Windows and got a MSi screen saying something about going in to the BIOS settings but I didn't want to try that fix until I exhausted any help microsoft could give me before chancing screwing it up further Can you PLEASE help me ty P S Can I have your support phone number Sincerely Stretch Scroatum

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/774b823f-5d2a-4c3f-b057-4be512231e3d/pre-installed-windows-7-on-a-new-1tb-hdd-using-my-hp-pavilion-slimline-before-installing-the-hdd-in?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a program that wanted to install in a document folder

I have installed it in Program Files, but it requires elevation or it produces errors when running. I know I can tick the Run As ... box in the shortcut, but is there a better way, such as taking ownership of the install folder?

A:Program installed in Program Files requires elevation?

You could try using this tutorial to see if it helps with this program.
Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/293193-program-installed-program-files-requires-elevation.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i just reinstalled windows 7 on my laptop. after completing installation and while installing Intel hd graphics from drivers and utility disk i get this message.i reinstalled windows again to check if i may have done sometiong wrong while installing windows, but again i get this msg "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software".
why is this message coming again and again and wont let me install the intel graphics drivers and allowing me to install other drivers like sound wifi etc.?

A:This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software insprion n4110

Hi lksh,
Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.
Please check the windows 7 version you have installed, whether it is a (32bit or a 64bit) OS. There are drivers available only for the 64bit version, also check the system specifications to install the right drivers using the below links.
Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000 Driver (Windows 7, 64-bit)
http://dell.to/1ikk11G
Intel HD Graphics 3000 Driver (Windows 7, 64-bit)
http://dell.to/1ECiP3F
Please reply if you have any further questions.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19651269
Relevancy 49.02%

As my post says I need the specs of both drives, paticularly the type of termination (active, etc). (I am definately NOT a SCSI savvy person)

Heres my problem I have a proprietary graphics computer that uses standard SCSI hard drives up to about 340mb for saving images. It is compatible with most Quantum LPS/Prodrive and Conner drives, especially the 120mb and 270mb versions.
Anyway I got a large number of IBM WDS3160's due to the lack of the latter and they do not work properly.

With the ibm drives I have problems with line noise and detection.

What is the difference (electronically) between an IBM WDS-3160 and a Conner 30100 drive? Is there any way I can get the IBM drive to function similarly to a Conner 30100?

Please note that I am only using one drive in the system.

Thanx for any help

A:Need IBM WDS-3160 specs and Conner cp30100 specs major trouble

I believe I've found a difference between the two drives, it seems that the conner unit automatically enables SCSI parity and the ibm drive makes no mention of it.
Do any of you think this could be the issue? If so how would I enable parity on the ibm drive?

Thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-ibm-wds-3160-specs-and-conner-cp30100-specs-major-trouble.116852/
Relevancy 49.02%

I need a bootable floppy with some sort of program that lists all the system specs. Mainly the basics like RAM (ram type, speeds, number of sticks etc...), CPU speed, type, manufacturer. Hard drive, partitions and sizes, whether NTFS, FAT etc...

Mainly I want the big 3, RAM, CPU, HDD. But it would be handy if the program could list the BIOS, and models of extra hardware like CD-ROM, modem, NIC etc...

I know you can see CPU and RAM on POST, but not always, some systems boot to fast, or simple don't show it, or they have images etc... Especially for laptops. So I need a boot floppy, NOT CD, which has a small utility to read all the hardware.

Some initial searching isn't finding anything.

Know any such program?

A:Get system specs from DOS boot floppy?

www.ultimatebootcd.com - and you can also extract the individual apps from the CD if it absolutely has to be a floppy disk.
And of course any Linux or BSD live CD will do..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/get-system-specs-from-dos-boot-floppy.36394/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey,

I'd like to know how to make it so that when I start my comp a program starts automatically...

The program im talking about is a little bar application that simulates the mac os x bar on the pc....

I thought about trying to do it in msconfig but I cant find a place to add some sort of path to the applications .exe
any help would be great. Thanks.

A:(Solved) Boot a program on start of computer

The simplest way to achieve this, is to drag the program's executable file ("program".exe) to your Startup folder (Start > Programs Startup).

That will launch it when you start up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-boot-a-program-on-start-of-computer.120403/
Relevancy 48.59%

Which Intel P4 Processor and what storage options to use?

Hello everyone. I need to spec out a new testing PC for work, so I'm asking for some opinions. The role this thing will play is a VMware test machine. I will be creating VMware images to run application tests, break/fix, troubleshooting, etc. The operating systems on the images will likely be Server 2003 and XP. So I was thinking of 2 gigs memory, but that may be too conservative. The help I really need is with the CPU and storage. I obviously want a multi core/hyperthreaded CPU, but which one? Hot swapapble RAID would be nice, but what level, and do I need a stand-alone RAID controller or can I use the mobo's?

Thanks all, in advance.

A:Specs I need, give me specs. Opinion Sollicitation for work PC...

The Xeon Line of CPU's usally do very well in a server like setup. Alot of the time you can get the dual CPU motherboards. If you perfer though maybe one of the new Intel Dual Cores will run well, although im not sure, most servers I know of run dual Xeon's.

As for storage, if you have the money, get SCSI contolers and RAID SCSI drives. They are alot quicker.

And 2GB of RAM seems fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-i-need-give-me-specs-opinion-sollicitation-for-work-pc.35001/
Relevancy 48.59%

I own a hand-me-down Clevo Sager compact desktop D T D T to be specific that I got about two XP specs! Windows despite boot my forever to takes years ago Here are its specs Windows XP Pro SP GHz Pentium Hyper-Threading GB DDR - SDRAM MB ATi Mobility Radeon X Intergrated Surround Sound GB Hard Drive Ever since I got it the PC loads Windows XP at a snail s pace with a minimum of quot passes quot on the progress bar Afterwards it hangs on a black screen for a minute or two and THEN proceeds to the quot Log On quot screen All in all the Windows XP takes forever to boot despite my specs! bootup process from turning on to Log On take - minutes usually In comparision my Dell Dimension from with Windows XP takes forever to boot despite my specs! a GHz P and MB of RAM blazes through XP boot-up with only - quot passes quot on the progress bar and no hang-ups afterwards I keep my start-up programs in check with msconfig and even after disabling the program which I suspected was bogging down my PC overall an old version of Symantec AntiVirus w all tricks turned on the problem continued the same I at most have - programs running on start-up only essential stuff too Often scan for malware and viruses too things are spic-and-span so far That s not my only XP-related issue however When using Disk Defragmenter it s as if I were trying to access it with a circa- PC as it slooooowly comes up on screen analyzes and defragments even when there s little to defragment on the HDD Again not an issue with my comparitively ancient Dimension I JUST bought GB of RAM to see if it ll speed up my PC but I m seeing very little improvement so far which is ridiculous I m wondering if - My XP installation is corrupted old it was attacked by nasty viruses over a year ago which I got rid of thanks to BleepingComputer I haven t re-installed since then though This PC dates from Spring and it s installation has been up since June so I m assuming that this is it s first installation Unfortunately re-installing is a pain on this PC because it requires an external floppy to load the SATA drivers during installation either that or slipstreaming them to a custom XP disc which I ve tried to do but my XP disc gives me tons of error messages when trying to copy it - The HDD or CPU are starting to go Given my description could anyone offer any advice I d greatly appreciate it Thanks

A:Windows XP takes forever to boot despite my specs!

Well...I would do a clean install, in order to determine what the problems might be.An older system, with a known history of malware problems...I'd do the clean install to at least see if I have hardware problems and eliminate the current install itself from suspicion.You have an 80GB hard drive...that is suspect, IMO, because 80GB drives were standard fare long ago in computer-time. Running the appropriate manufacuter's diagnostic would be a wise step, IMO.You speak as if installing XP and inserting SATA drivers during the install...is a laborious process. It's not, just a few seconds of installation time.As for properly slipstreaming an XP CD...of course, it helps if you start with the right CD (MS Genuine XP) and use nLite.Slipstreaming Windows XP To Create a Bootable Windows XP CD or DVD - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/slipstreaming-windows-xp-to-create-bootable-cd/ There are many guides to slipstreaming on the Web...most of them work, if the instructions are followed. Using nLite seems to be the easiest way of updating the XP install install CD, IMO.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327217/windows-xp-takes-forever-to-boot-despite-my-specs/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'll start from the beginning. Put together a computer of spare parts from old pc's neither of which are very old. Everything works fine, I installed vista only to find out nvidia doesn't support nforce2 for vista. I couldn't get my mouse or audio to work, only keyboard. XP drivers for nforce2 wouldn't work on vista. So I formatted my partition and began to instal a fresh copy of windows xp everything was fine until computer restarted and now the computer hangs at boot. shows graphics card information then hangs after showing Main Processor: AMD athlon 2800+. It wont boot and I cant get into bios to even boot from cd or anything. I know enough to be dangerous, not the tech savy individual. NEED HELP

A:installed vista didnt like, installed xp but hangs at boot

is there any jumpers i can connect or something of the sort to reset the hard drive...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-vista-didnt-like-installed-xp-but-hangs-at-boot-285417.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hey these are the specs for the computer i customized at ibuypower com ive heard a few bad things about them but reseller com for Specs Computer WoW had good things to say about them anyways is this computer worth the Computer Specs for WoW ill be spending about will be towards the things in green at the bottom All i want is a computer that will be able to play wow good without a lot of bull choppiness and all that i dont want to play on max settings but at least med will this computer accomplish this i Computer Specs for WoW really dont want to piss away another bucks on a worthless compouter ADVICE PLEASE thanks in advance my Budget is about Special-B Case PSI ArmorX Gaming Tower Case - Red Processor AMD Athlon II X Dual-Core CPU site says GHz Motherboard Asus M A -CM -- AMD V SB Chipset w Integrated ATI video -channels Gb LAN S-ATA Raid USB Single PCI-E MB Memory GB GB X DDR - PC Memory Module - Corsair-Value or Major Brand Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS GB - Single Card Case Lighting Cold Cathode Neon Light - Red Power Supply Watt -- Power Supply - SLI Ready Processor Cooling Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink Master Hard Drive GB HARD DRIVE - M Cache RPM Gb s Optical Drive X Dual Format Double Layer DVD R RW CD-R RW Drive - Black External Hard Drives USB eSATA None Sound Card D Premium Surround Sound Onboard Speaker System iBUYPOWER Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System Network Card Onboard LAN Network Gb or Mouse iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse - Black Operating System None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only i have an unopened windows XP OS CD Warranty Standard Warranty Service - Standard -Year Limited Warranty Lifetime Technical Support Flash Media Reader Writer -In- Internal Flash Media Card Reader Writer - Black Advanced Build Options Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis Advanced Build Options iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation Advanced Build Options Tuniq TX- High Performance Thermal Compound - The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks nbsp

A:Computer Specs for WoW

You would think it would have more hard disc drive space.....

Looks good to me. Note that other factors can make the game choppy, like too many people in one area etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-specs-for-wow.856000/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there

How do I see my computer specs in the GUI.

A:Computer specs

Which GUI?
GNOME? KDE? Aqua? Xfce? LiteSTEP? OpenWindows? CDE?
Or, which operating system?
Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Mac OS, QNX, BeOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-specs.63032/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there

How do I see my computer specs in the GUI.

A:Computer specs

Which GUI?
GNOME? KDE? Aqua? Xfce? LiteSTEP? OpenWindows? CDE?
Or, which operating system?
Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Mac OS, QNX, BeOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-specs.63032/
Relevancy 47.3%

Here are my computer specs taken directly from my diaxdiag information What I would like help with is are there things I should update or enhance so that I may play more video games I'm also having issues having even just IE open and my MSN Messenger at the same time I've done a computer cleaner via a program not going to name it and I do regular Defrags about every two days I My (help, Specs Computer please!) also have AVG Virus Protection and I do daily scans for viruses How may I go about making my PC faster How may I make games run faster Also how may I update some things Please if the options are free or really cheap I'd appreciate that But if they cost a handful let me know My Computer Specs (help, please!) Thank you below are my specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name HOME Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model W BIOS Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v PG Processor My Computer Specs (help, please!) AMD Sempron My Computer Specs (help, please!) tm Processor LE- MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce nForce Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce nForce DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV D amp SUBSYS D B amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- - F D C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x D SubSys ID x D B Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek HD Audio output Default Sound Playb... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-specs-help-please-438676.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am buying a second computer on a budget and I want to try and get the most value for the money I have. I have pretty much narrowed my choice to two. Both computers have similar specs with the difference being the CPU. One computer has a Core 2 Duo running at 3.14 Ghz and the other computer has the Xeon CPU running at 2.10 Ghz. What are the pros and cons of each and which is the more preferable CPU to go with. Thanks all.

A:Computer Specs

For what type of usage?

In most instances, higher clock speed is preferred over multiple cores. But it largely depends on usage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-specs.1141970/
Relevancy 47.3%

hello guys, i just wonder if this specs shown here in this thread can drive, after effects and video-copilot and other video editing software running smoothly?

actually i don't rely only at specs, i would also put some utility software to enhance more this type of computer.

well here in Philippines it cost, 27,330.00 PHP

CPU Casing: AEROCOOL GT BLACK W/KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
HARD DISK DRIVE: SEAGATE 500GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte A990FXA-UD3
Power Supply: Cougar SL 600W
Processor: AMD FX8320e
RAM: KINGSTON 4GB DDR3 FURY x2 = 8GB RAM
VideoCard: Power Color R7 250 1GB DDR5

again, what i am asking here sirs, is this specs is capable in editing video ? like i mention above, PHOTOSHOP, ILLUSTRATOR, FIREWORKS, SONY VEGAS, C4D, LUMION 3D, AUTOCAD 2015 and other graphics design.

thanks for your reply, i really appreciate what would be your opinion.. thank you

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

I need some help. First, what is the conversion from bytes to kilobytes to gigabytes? For instance i want to know the specs to my computer (such as processor speed, memory, RAM, etc.). So I went to Propeties of C: and it listed the following:

Used space: 3,442,704,384 bytes 3.20 GB
Free space: 8,258,650,112 bytes 7.69 GB
Capacity: 11,701,354,496 bytes 10.8 GB

What does this mean? Does it mean that I have 10.8 GB of memory? Under System Properties it says 327,108 KB RAM. How much is that in MB?

Also in F2 Setup, it states:

System Memory: 640 KB
Extended Memory: 319 MB
Internal Hard Disk: 12073 MB

Any help would be greatly appreciated in determining the specs of my computer and the measurement conversion. Any additional help would be great too.

Thanks

A:computer specs

Welcome to TSG! First of all, C: is not your ram. If you want to know how much memory you have available, click Start, Settings, Control Panel. From there, go to the Icon that says "System". If you are using Windows XP, you will have to click the link that either says "Show all Icons" or "Ungroup Icons". Now that you double-clicked on the System icon, go to the Performance tab. There it will tell you exactly how much RAM is installed on your computer. If you want to see how many gigabytes of space your Hard Drive has, Click Start, then Run, then type in C:
In the left-hand side of your screen it should tell you how many gigabytes your hard drive can hold (capacity).
Well, I hope this helps! Good luck
-X_Gamer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-specs.147551/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm going to be building a new computer for the first time... what do you think of these parts?

(unless specified, all parts are Retail versions through newegg.com)
Case: A-Top Gladiator 450W ATX Mid Tower, $50
Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 ATX (includes audio and LAN), $110
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Socket 939, $470
Video Card: eVGA Geforce 6800GT 256 MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16, $310
RAM: CORSAIR 1 GB (2x512 MB) 184-Pin DDR 400, $80
Hard Drive: Seagate 7200 rpm 300 GB Serial ATA150, $200
DVD Drive: ASUS IDE, $25
DVD Burner: LITE-ON IDE, $50
Floppy Drive: SONY 1.44 MB Internal (OEM), $10
Monitor: ViewSonic 19? 4-5ms, $420
Keyboard: Logitech USB + PS/2 wired, $30
Mouse: Logitech 8 button w/ wheel USB + PS/2 optical, $30
Speakers: Logitech 32 Watts 2.1, $35
Headphones: Sennheiser 3.5mm/6.3mm, $20
Operating System: Windows XP Home w/ SP2 (OEM), $90
(Belking Anti-Static Wrist Strap, $6)

Total $2000

Anyone see anything wildly incompatible or unreliable? Another question - how easy is it to set up an SATA hard drive? I've only installed IDE...

Thanks for the feedback!

A:Help on new computer specs

Case: A-Top Gladiator 450W ATX Mid Tower, $50Click to expand...

my advice is to get a name brand case, such as antec, thermaltake, or raidmax. stick to one of said brands when choosing your case and power supply, making sure you get 480 watts or better.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Socket 939, $470Click to expand...

if you truly need that extra power, that's your call. however, an a64 3400 or up would still be a great cpu, and would cost you much less. make sure the one you buy is a 90nm process and utilizes a san deigo or winchester core. stay away from newcastles.

Video Card: eVGA Geforce 6800GT 256 MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16, $310Click to expand...

i's stick to a card made by msi, gigabyte, or asus. if you go with an sli motherboard, get a card with said feature.

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 ATX (includes audio and LAN), $110Click to expand...

'tis a solid choice. if you are going to be buying another identical video card in the near future, get an sli motherboard and video card. otherwise, get the non-sli version of that board. of course, is you don't have an sli capable board there is no need for an sli capable video card. also, ensure your choice has ncq support for harddrives.

Hard Drive: Seagate 7200 rpm 300 GB Serial ATA150, $200Click to expand...

get a maxtor diamondmax 10 with ncq support, as they are superior to any other models on the market at this time.

Speakers: Logitech 32 Watts 2.1, $35Click to expand...

okay for gaming, but you will be dissapointed if you like to blast music (like myself)

how easy is it to set up an SATA hard drive? I've only installed IDE...Click to expand...

sata is even easier than ide, on account of the lack of jumpers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-new-computer-specs.28046/
Relevancy 47.3%

How's this?

Intel Pentium D @2.66GHz LGA 775
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116001

ECS P4M890T-M2 LGA 775
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135023

Samsung 512MB DDR2 533 Ram (Already Had)

Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB 7200RPM Hard Drive (Had)

MidTower ATX Case w/450 watt power supply (18A) (Had)

A:New Computer Specs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116253 If you can afford 30$, get that, it has more cache, less tempature because its 65nm like the conroes, and it has higher clock speeds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-specs.59170/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm thinking about buying a new computer. What specs should I look for, and what brands of computers are good? Should I buy a name brand computer or one that is custom built? I work for a computer business that creates and maintains websites for large organizations. Also, I have a digital camera and a palm phone. Thanks for your help.

A:Specs for a new computer

Hello.

What are you willing to spend?

You can get a quite functional machine for only $500. Please supply some more data. What do you want to do with it? Etc. Etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs-for-a-new-computer.91488/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey all. I'm getting a new recording rig for myself and I'm looking for feedback on the specs before I actually buy the damn thing. What do you all think? Anybody have trouble with any of this gear?

Soyo KT333 Ultra Dragon Platinum Motherboard(gasp... drool...)

768 Megs DDR ram

Intel Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz

Delta 66 M-Audio

Hard drive for audio:
Caviar 80GB EIDE 7200rpm Ultra-ATA/100 (4.7ms seek time)

Hard drive for applications:
Compaq 9.1 GB 7200rpm(7.5ms Seek time)

Ricoh Super-Combination Drive(Burns CDs & DVDs and yes I need the DVD burning capability. Don't ask.)

Relevancy 47.3%

specs:
ASUS VENTO 3600 Blue Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
SEASONIC S12-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply 100 - 240V UL, CE, CB, FCC
2 Geforce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 1GHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor
2 Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L200S0 200GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition 70SB035000013 8 (7.1) Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card
2 gb of corsair RAm (sry it was 2 gb not one)
samsung 52x32x52 cd drive
DVD 16x
we also added 2 fans one on top and another one on side totlal of 5 fans

do i need anything?

A:new computer specs

are you serious about getting this stuff? that's thousands of dollars worth of equipment there, buddy. and yes, it would make one hell of a machine.

i would've gone with the turbo cool 510atx power supply, two 1GB sticks of low-latency corsair ram. you'd better have damn good power surge protection on there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-specs.31265/
Relevancy 47.3%

Where can i get a good list of specs for my comp its a Dell Dimension Xps t550

found sumthin http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-specs.196117/
Relevancy 47.3%

My friend on Xfire recently got help from his friend on building a computer. However, I can't believe the deal he's getting for all this. Would someone kindly tell me if he's getting ripped off? I would much appreciate it!

Case/Power Supply- http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1289171

CPU-
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80728-7

RAM-
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=85236&ps=ho3

Optical Drive-
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3189552&CatId=1624

Video Card-
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10006675

Hard Drive-
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3271954&sku=M122-8010

A:Need Help On Computer Specs

The motherboard is missing from this list. While the case is good, the power supply that comes with it is of questionable reliability. I bought a different model Xion case but I never used the power supply it came with. I automatically replaced it. The graphics card is fine as long as your friend doesn't plan to do much gaming. Yes, it is DX10 compliant but it won't power newer games very well. The hard drive is the older SATA-150 but it should be fine. No operating system is included.

For what he bought, the prices are decent but the list is incomplete without the motherboard, better power supply and OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-computer-specs.90497/
Relevancy 47.3%

I m building a computer online at XiComputers and I was hoping I could get some feedback on the options I have chosen This is the first time I ve done this and I don t want to screw up Any help is appreciated specs with new computer Help Thanks cpgreen PS If you think I m getting ripped off or can recommend another place to look please Help with new computer specs let me know l Xi MTower SLI Workstation Base Configuration Upgrades And Options AMD Athlon X Bit Dual Core DC x KB Hypertransport Help with new computer specs l MB DDR MHz PC x MB Dual Rank Interleave l nVidia GeForce GT M DDR PCIe SLI-Ready Dual Head xDVI l No Monitor l GB RPM SATA MB s WD Raptor MB Cache lt ms l Optional GB RPM SATAII MB s NCQ MB Cache ms avg seek l HD Ctrl According To Motherboard and HD Type Selected l DVD RW DL R-R LightScribe Double Media GB x w SW-Media l CD-RW x x ATAPI w Software - media l MB quot Floppy Drive l CreativeLab X-Fi Xtreme Music bit Digital Sound l On board GB Ethernet on board LAN l No Keyboard l No mouse l Windows XP PRO Workstation CD-ROM w manuals act reg SP l Resource CD - contains Diagnostic links amp Drivers l Quick Reference Guide and Xi Computer Manual l File System NTFS File System selected l Multi I O Card reader Internal in USB l Additional Parallel Ports Total PCI Card EPP ECP l SIIG FIREWIRE a b DV-CAM KIT Port PCI w SW l PCCARD PCMCIA DRIVE PCI VERSION l PCCARD PCMCIA Cards Backload PCI VERSION l Adaptec USCSI- PCI Controller l Asus A N -SLI Dlx Nvidia NForce xPCIe x DDR - x GbNic -SATA Gb RAID - -AC l Power Supply conforming with selected case l Total of Years System HW Warranty P amp L FOB Xi l Xi MTower ATX Black-Silver T-Free-Lock Top USB - bays- W- xBB Fans Sub Total FONT nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

A friend of mine has just bought himself a second hand computer from one of those computer shows, and unfortunately the guy that he bought it off did not know what hardware was installed in it..

is there a program around that he can run in it that will give him a printout of all the hardware that is on the machine ?? such as the type of motherboard, the CPU speed, the type of CD-Rom, the type of video card and all the other bits and pieces that is in there..

A program that I find the most simple and that gives a good amount of information is Speccy. This should provide the information you guys are looking for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/234693-computer-specs.html
Relevancy 47.3%

How do I find out about all my computer specs ?

You can look under Device Manager, use Everest Home Edition or CPU-Z.

There are probably other programs you can use, too, but it's late, I'm tired, and they don't seem to come to mind at the moment. Sorry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-specs-158903.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi everyone I know there is a similar tread below but not sure if New computer specs i should hijack it so i started this one My question is similar to hers I am wanting to by this computer http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item New computer specs N E Like hers is this good enough to play sims I mean the video card i can change later on but the rest is okay Edit That one is sold out so I am building an HP for less with these specs What do you think Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack -bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual-Core processor E GHz Memory GB DDR - MHz SDRAM edit Graphics card MB NVIDIA GeForce DVI HDMI VGA adapter Hard drive GB rpm SATA Gb s hard drive Networking LAN port on system board Base-T no wireless LAN Primary DVD CD drive LightScribe X max DVD -R RW SuperMulti drive Front Productivity Ports -in- memory card reader USB audio TV amp entertainment experience No TV Tuner w remote control Sound Card Integrated channel sound with front audio ports Productivity software Microsoft R Works Security software No additional security software Speakers No speakers Keyboard and Mouse HP keyboard and HP optical mouse nbsp