Windows Support Forum

Error opening hard disk

Q: Error opening hard disk

I have a toshiba hard disk that used to work properly and now I can't open it. whenever I try to open it a DOS window opens and I get the following error message:

the ntvdm cpu has encountered an illegal instruction

What should I do?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Error opening hard disk

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Error opening hard disk

"whenever I try to open it a DOS window opens and I get the following error message:
the ntvdm cpu has encountered an illegal instruction"

Please clarify how you try to open it? what your OS? and if you go to windows command prompt and manually try to go to that HDD (e.g. d:\ and press enter) ...... does it work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-opening-hard-disk.142856/
Relevancy 61.06%

buffalo 1 tb external hard disk not showing in my computer. its showing in device manager.
disk manager is not opening.

what to do?

A:External Hard Disk Not Opening

Quote:
disk manager is not opening

Doesn't really tell us much.

What do you see for the external drive when you open Disk Management?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320490-external-hard-disk-not-opening.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I have WD My passport 1TB.After knowing that it had lot of bad factors I used HDD regenerator and at 95 percent it stopped working and I restarted my Pc and now my HDD is detecting but not showing up.So I went to disk management and tried this and it shows like this

So I am not able to find any solution.Any other solutions?

Thankyou.

A:External hard disk detecting but not opening

Quote:
After knowing that it had lot of bad factors I used HDD regenerator and at 95 percent it stopped working and I restarted my Pc and now my HDD is detecting but not showing up

Bad sectors are physical defects and modern hard drives are designed to automatically fix them via a process called sector remapping. Basically what it does is to mark the original failing sector as bad in an internal table called "G-List" (growing defect list ) and allocate a spare good sector from the hidden sector reserve pool as a replacement to the failing one. This process is transparent to both user and OS.

The only way a bad sector will show up on your disk is if the pool has been completely used. In other words, your remapping pool is so full that it cannot take another bad sector and now the drive is throwing errors that it can’t read from a sector.This is a clear indication that the drive is in a very critical state, has been for quite awhile and is deteriorating at an alarming rate.

There is no point in trying to "fix" this disk. Even if you managed to create a partition, the disk will completely fail very soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/336991-external-hard-disk-detecting-but-not-opening.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an external hard disk which has been working very well since i bought it, but recently it stopped working in that whenever i plugg it into my PC its no longer visible. What might be the problem and what can i do about it?

A:opening a closed external hard disk

Try it on a different system. If the problem persists it's likely the drive is dead.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563299/opening-a-closed-external-hard-disk/
Relevancy 58.91%

When I plug in my WD quot My Passport quot TB hard drive Disk, Drive External opening appearing Local Hard as not I can hear that a device has been connected but when I open explorer the name's been changed to Local Disk E and I can't perform External Hard Drive appearing as Local Disk, not opening ANY operation on it like open it check properties or scan with an antivirus I can't even eject it Also the laptop slows down considerably and internet becomes too slow to open any page I tried running quot chkdsk quot and the data recovery software quot PhotoRec quot on it but it just keeps scanning for hardware and even after leaving it for hours it got nowhere I tried opening quot Disk Management quot but even that keeps loading forever A few times after the problem started it told me to format the drive to be able to use it but now even that message doesn't come and I'm not even able to format the drive though I prefer getting all my data back but it's better than spoiling the HDD The drive is physically fine as I kept it very carefully and I can hear the smooth rotation of the disk plus there are no 'clicking' sounds coming out of it

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381367-external-hard-drive-appearing-local-disk-not-opening.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

I used lock folder xp to lock my external hard disk.
when opening my external hard disk, I enter the correct password but it doesn't open and windows displays the following message: this device is currently in use, Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again.

I tried to close all programs and the windows and the problem persist.

Any idea please?

Thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393258-lock-folder-xp-problem-when-opening-my-locked-external-hard-disk.html
Relevancy 57.19%

the message I get for my HP desktop windows 8hard disk error Hard disk1 (3F1)why and fix it how?edited by moderator: Email address removed for safety

A:What caused & how do I fix Hard Disk error: Hard disk 1 3F1

Check cable connections at back of drive 1 are firmly connected.Try a new SATA cable to drive 1.Test drive 1 with SeaTools: http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/suppor...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/what-caused-how-do-i-fix-hard-disk-error-hard-disk-1-3f1/1656.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer starts up to a black screen displaying smart hard disk error hard disk 1 (301), f2 system diagnostics enter continue start up. Run diagnostics hard drive failed with an error code. Tried to reset bios start up no luck, tried to do the recovery it says pic need to be repaired and won't let me go any further. I lost my recovery discs when I moved into my new house. Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Smart-hard-disk-error-hard-disk-1-301/td-p/5690536
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a HP Ency Phoenix - - that had a dead HD I got a good deal on a SSD and thus replaced the drive When I attempted to run the recovery disks I ran into the issue that I kept getting a Hard Drisk Error blue screen at start up nbsp nbsp I found it odd so Disk but Error Hard Disk fine Hard I took the drive and tested it on another computer No issue I've now been able to install windows back on it and even upgraded it to Windows before the deadline but I still get the blue sceen error nbsp nbsp All tests pass for both memory and the hard disk System also runs fine with the exception that when I start up the computer there is a massive delay then I get the Hard Disk Error If I just F kit and then close and continue the system finishes to start up nbsp nbsp I think I may Hard Disk Error but Hard Disk fine be having a firmware issue but HP Assist is installed and all updates are Hard Disk Error but Hard Disk fine suposed to be running nbsp nbsp Anyone outthere running into a similar issue I feel like I'm Hard Disk Error but Hard Disk fine having a false positive since I went up to a Solid State Drive nbsp

A:Hard Disk Error but Hard Disk fine

How much capacity, in GB, does the SSD have? Less than 256GB is unlikely to work with the recovery media.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Hard-Disk-Error-but-Hard-Disk-fine/td-p/5709830
Relevancy 56.76%

I have IOmega 1 TB hard drive. 2 days ago, my comp restarted suddenly after which my external drive is corrupted.

I get the error 'H: is not accessble' The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.
It shows up in the disk management as RAW file system,

I have almost 700 GB of important documents, pictures & files that I don't want to lose.
Does anybody know of any good recovery software that can help.

A:Hard disk Error - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.

Hi r4hara,

Welcome to SevenForums.

You seem to have lost the partition somehow and that seems to be the reason why it had turned RAW.

IMO, the best free software to do the recovery from a RAW disk is Test Disk. TestDisk - CGSecurity

It can be a little daunting for the first time user, and so take your time to read through all the documentation.

First use PhotoRec in it - which does not write anything to the drive in question - and try to recover the files.

Then you can use TestDisk and try to rewrite the partition. Some people have reported that even after restoring the partition with TestDisk, the drive remained RAW but they were able to recover most files using the option to copy.

Whether PhotoRec or TestDisk, it is going to take a lot of time to recover the files. Copy them to another external drive with adequate capacity.

You may find some help here to understand the usage.

Guide to using PhotoRec recovery software.

Regain a lost drive using Test Disk - An Illustrated Guide

Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252084-hard-disk-error-disk-structure-corrupted-unreadable.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I started with a 40 gig for my primary drive
When I install the new western digital WD2500BB 250 gig hard drive I first I get:

CD-rom : Sony DVD-Rom DDU1615
no IDE fixed disk present
press F1 to save

Then
Disk: 40.0 GB [email protected]@[email protected]
press F1 to save

Then
Disk: 250 GB WDC WD2500BB-14RDA0
press F1 to save

Then I get the error message:
non system disk or disk error
replace and strike any key when ready

I think I need to format my new hard drive but I can't figure out how to get that far.
Any help will be greatly appreciated I'm trying to upgrade this PC for my kids.

Thanks

A:new hard drive causing nonsystem disk or disk error

If you would provide the make and modle of the machine to be upgraded, I will try to assist. It could be as easy as configuring a BIOS setting.

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431673/new-hard-drive-causing-nonsystem-disk-or-disk-error/
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently had a virus infection on my computer at work. which has been removed. Many of my programs will not work anymore, even when I reinstall them, also the programs that do constantly come up with the message windows - No Disk. Which I have to cancel several times to get the program to open. I noticed that the main drive does not appear in the disk manager section either at the moment although it shows in device manager and opens in explorer. Desperately need to get this fixed as cannot run my main software that I need to work.

Any help would be most appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-no-disk-error-when-opening-programs-395177.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I was advised by a computer tech to buy a new hard drive because of issues I had with my HP pavillion s3330.
After installing I got a non-system disk error message.
After going into the BIOS to make sure it was booting my HP recovery cd from the the right drive, I ran a diagnostics test and after finding no problems an error message came up at the bottom saying - Testing: BOOT PATH, Error code: BIOHD-3.

I consulted HP who said I need to create a partition for the software to be installed to.
If that is the problem then can anybody assist me with this as I have no clue.

By the way, I'm using Vista home premium.

Thanks,

Greg

Relevancy 56.33%

I was playing EVE, and an error popped up saying that I should backup my data and replace my hard disk, yet I hear no signs of hard disk failure, and the disk management says that the disk is healthy. MegaDan5 thinks I might have a virus. Should I still make a backup just in case, though?

I forget the exact words of the message, but here's a paraphrased transcript:

"Hard disk failure imminent. Backup your data and replace the hard disk"

A:Hard disk failure error, yet disk is healthy

Can you post a screenshot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489483/hard-disk-failure-error-yet-disk-is-healthy/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
I am using XP and I get the following message on booting up :-

"....:qttask.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk1\DR1 "

When I click Continue a number of times the message disappears and I can use the computer.

I don't know what the problem is and its effect. I would certainly like to cure the problem and would be grateful of any help.

Thanks

A:Error message - Hard Disk qttask.exe No Disk

Best to stop it starting up with XP. Go Start>Run and type in msconfig. Click on the Startup tab and scroll down to the entry for qttask.exe and then untick it. Click Apply and OK and the system will restart. When it comes back, tick the "don't show this message again" box and hit OK. You won't be deleting QuickTime and can still start it when needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-hard-disk-qttask-exe-no-disk.306603/
Relevancy 56.33%

My Hp pavillion pc started crashing a lot recently and recovery didn't work so I told was advised to get a new hard disk which I did but now I keep getting the above error I've been into the bios and all seems to be booting from the correct drive The first time I tried the hp recovery disk it started to work but when it came to reinstalling the software it stayed on for long so I switched off Maybe that was disk Non-system with new disk error drive or hard a mistake I've run a diagnostics test all passed the test but at the end it said testing Boot path error code BIOHD- I tried putting the old drive back Non-system disk or disk error with new hard drive in and it was the same as before But I was still able to go online albeit until it crashed again HP want more money to help even though I brought the recovery discs they suggested I really hope someone can help I've been told there needs be A partition before the software can be installed Sorry if the wording is a bit messed up I am writting this from a mobile Thanks in advance Greg

A:Non-system disk or disk error with new hard drive

Have you tried to run the recovery disks again? They should automatically put a partition on the hard drive.

If it still doesn't work then there's usually one of two different possibilities:
- bad recovery disks
- other bad hardware in the system

I'd suggest running these free bootable diagnostics first: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Then, if those tests pass, contact HP to return the defective recovery disks and get a new set.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296163-non-system-disk-disk-error-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello my notebook has suddenly experienced a problem with it s hard drive and I m at a loss as to what to do It s a quot Compaq Presario CQ quot running quot Windows quot As far as I know all drivers and system software is up-to-date Well I was running a couple programs and the notebook froze a few times but only for a minute or so Then it froze for about minutes Not completely but I couldn t access the programs to close them so I long-pushed the power button and turned it off I immediately tried to turn it back on several times and was met with a black screen After running some system checks and looking at the BIOS and all that I understood that the problem was with my hard drive The system tests were with my experienced it's suddenly Hello, problem a has notebook Error hard Hard Disk as follows Memory Test PASSED Battery Test PASSED Run-in Test Stalled at Start-up Test Stalled at Hard Disk Test Stalled at So the computer recognizes that the hard disk is there but still gives me the Hard Disk Error Hello, my notebook has suddenly experienced a problem with it's hard quot Hard Disk Not Exist quot error messages at several points I have no idea how to proceed from this point My main concern is the Hard Disk Error Hello, my notebook has suddenly experienced a problem with it's hard integrity of my files pics videos music especially music Does anyone have any idea what I can do Thank you very much nbsp Hard Disk Error Hello, my notebook has suddenly experienced a problem with it's hard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-error-hello-my-notebook-has-suddenly-experienced-a-problem-with-its-hard.1059814/
Relevancy 55.47%

Last week i installed windows XP Pro on my desktop. It has a 250GB hard drive which has 1 partition (C drive only), NTFS offcourse. I did not format it while installing windows as it has lots of stuff in it. Thereís over 50GB free and iíve been removing a lot of stuff from the hard drive to make up some space but in windows i get an error message that i donít have enough disk space, the disk cleanup utility runs cant free up space and i can not install or copy anything in the hard drive. Iíve noticed that when i deleted some file holding (or not) the shift key the free size goes lower although the files are being deleted from the hard disk.

Anyone has a solution for that beside moving my data to somewhere else and formatting it?

thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

I'm trying to do the optimization option in speed disk(norton).

It's coming up with a disk error "device I/O error on drice c: use CHKDSK /R to fix any bad blocks that may exist on this drive"

I've done CHKDSK /R by typing it into the run command. And CHKDSK runs, but it comes up with nothing?

Any ideas??

Relevancy 55.47%

After calls to support and getting nowhere, I remembered that this model had a supplemental cache on the Motherboard which is a small circuit board held on by two small screws. Basically this is a type of SSD disk drive. It is designed to speed up access but many hybrid disk drives now include the same type of function directily on the disk. I removed the small circuit board and the problem went away. It made no difference in performance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Disk-Error-Hard-Disk-6-3F6-SOLVED/td-p/5589879
Relevancy 54.18%

For unknown reasons, I might have carelessly deleted the a file in my XP Pro system using CCleaner, currently causing me unable to open a hard drive folder.

Now when I double-click the C drive or a inserted USB flash drive, a "Open With" window pops up and asks me to choose a program to open this hard drive. It's weird and I kind of know that a file(maybe something like auto.inf file) is missing. usually when I click that drive, it opens the drive. Right now I have to click windows explorer to view the documents inside the drive.

Can anyone give me a hand of solving this problem? Thank you very much!!

A:Solved: Error at Opening a Hard Drive

It is due to the corrupted autorun.inf created by the virus is remain on the drive, hidden as system file.

Deletion is the simplest way to fix it. First, we need to enable the view of the file.
On My Computer, click the menu Options -> Folder Options
On View Tab -> Advanced Setting textbox, untick “Hide protected operation system files (Recommended)“, and click Yes for the pop up warming.
On all infected drive, delete the file autorun.inf

Since the autorun.inf(s) have been loaded into system memory upon booting, you need restart the PC to get the work done!

Of course, after the reboot, don’t forget to tick back “Hide protected operation system files (Recommended)” checkbox on Options menu -> Options -> Advanced Setting textbox. You won’t want to see a lot of annoying system files floating around your folders and taking the risk of deleting them accidentally in the future, these consequences may worth re-installing the OS and all applications!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-at-opening-a-hard-drive.855188/
Relevancy 53.75%

My company s computer needs to be patitioned partition Hard-disk hard-disk do failure disk. Can't boot nor format when using and reformat The system is still working well Can't format hard-disk nor do partition when using boot disk. Hard-disk failure I mean nothing wrong with anything weird huh Ok the hard disk just need to be split I mean make drive C amp D on the hard disk I know how to do that easy Then the HD need to Can't format hard-disk nor do partition when using boot disk. Hard-disk failure be formatted amp reinstall windows XP Ok easy too But the main problem occured before I do anything partition amp format I have my own bootable CD that I usually use for partitioning amp formatting Ok i insert the CD amp restart I went to BIOS amp changed the boot order st boot CD-ROM nd HDD- amp rd Floppy Then restart again Ok the bootable CD is excellently loaded I typed fdisk then came the first problem it says something like no fixed disk I exit fdisk Then I typed format c nd problem occured it says something like invalid drive I forgot the error message because the pc is in my office right now I m currently at home begging for help So the error message is not accurate sorry I think if I run the CD the hard disk will not be loaded or should I say hard disk failure amp If I take off the CD amp restart again change the BIOS st boot HDD- then windows will load Weird right I don t think my CD is corrupted nor broken because I tried to run the CD from another PC Yes I can access the C drive from that PC Does anyone have any idea of the possibilities here Hard disk failure when running a win bootable CD bad BIOS setting File System Thanks nbsp

A:Can't format hard-disk nor do partition when using boot disk. Hard-disk failure

It sounds like it might be the bootable CD you've created is not picking up the HDD's/partitions.
To eliminate this as a posibility travel to bootdisk and grab the WinME bootdisk and boot from there. If it picks up the HDD you can FDISK and Format from there.
The other option is to boot using the XP CD and let it handle the formatting/partitioning duties...

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-format-hard-disk-nor-do-partition-when-using-boot-disk-hard-disk-failure.25613/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a DV7 laptop and the reason I cannot boot up is a hard disk error HARD DISK 1 (3F1).could you please help with this topic?

A:Hard disk error HARD DISK 1 (3F1).

Hi The error indicates that the Hard drive off the unit has failed and you will need to replace the part in order to get the unit back to working condition. If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced.If you are out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-disk-error-HARD-DISK-1-3F1/td-p/1524193
Relevancy 53.32%

How would one go about replacing a the hard drive? I am having the same issue on the DV6.

A:Re: Hard disk error HARD DISK 1 (3F1).

@notteckysahmThank you for joining HP Forums.I'll be glad to help you! As I understand you want to replace the hard drive on your DV6 notebook as you've been gettings the error message 3F1 - To let you know that signifies either a bad drive or a loose connection, it's recommended that you reseat the drive & attempt a test using the hardware diagnostic tool, click here for the details. If you have already done the above, here's how you can replace the drive: Before you beginYou need a Phillips head screwdriver.Turn off the computer. Disconnect the Ethernet or modem cable. Disconnect the power cord.Transfer the computer to a clear, flat, stable work surface over a non-carpeted floor.HP strongly recommends the use of an anti-static wrist strap and a conductive foam pad when working on the computer.Do not remove a component from its protective packaging until you are ready to install it.For more details, click here Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that?s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that?ll help us and others see that we?ve got the answers! Good Luck! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Re-Hard-disk-error-HARD-DISK-1-3F1/td-p/5763197
Relevancy 53.32%

Yes! I have the exact same problem going on right now and my pc is almost the same age as your pc. If you get help on this issue, I would so appreciate if you would share the information.

A:Re: Disk Error Hard Disk 6 (3F6)

Please, might I have this message, too? I am experiencing the exact same problem. Hard disk 6 and 3F6. Help, I have tried everything to figure this issue out. Is it my Recovery Partition causing the problem?Thanks!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Re-Disk-Error-Hard-Disk-6-3F6/td-p/5188885
Relevancy 51.6%

Every now Hard error disk and then my system my locks up and I have to close it down and re-start and I'm away again Hard disk in a USB backup drive I found this error in the event viewer Log Name System Source Disk Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Fred Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Hard disk error Provider Name quot Disk quot gt lt Hard disk error EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x Hard disk error lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Fred lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Device Harddisk DR lt Data gt lt Binary gt E B C D DE C FFFFFFFF C E A A lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Any ideas what this is and what I can do about it

A:Hard disk error

The first thing that I would do is make sure that the HD is not ready to fail

Backup your stuff, first.

Test Hard Drive www.carrona.org/hddiag.html or this test http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/124723-hard-disk-error.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hello sir.

I am lokesh. I am new to this forum

I had one 500GB seagate hard disk.
its internal had disk of my system. there is one problem with it.
my system says. "disk error" or "hard disk is missing" or "disk failure". - like these.

I don't know what happen..
someone please guide me.or help me
what to be done? what is the problem?

how to fix this problem?

A:Hard disk error -

I'm assuming you're seeing this message when you first start the computer, and that Windows isn't loading and you're not able to use the computer.

You didn't describe your computer nor advise if it's a laptop or a desktop, but it's my guess the hard drive has died and will need to be replaced and then Windows reinstalled.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-error.1104223/
Relevancy 51.6%

When i tried to log into my laptop, i got an error message stating hard disk error.  I have tried F2 for start up but keep getting a message to install my hard disk.  i did not get disks with my computer.   how do i reset my laptop back to factory settings.   naturally, the tech support in my region does not work weekends, and i cannot find LIVe Chat anywhere.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-disk-error/td-p/5637397
Relevancy 51.6%

facing a problem with my laptop and found a problem hard disk 3f1.

A:hard disk error 3f1

Hi,            The error message refers to Hard disk drive failure. So you have to replace the Hard disk drive and reinstall the OS using the set of recovery disk to get the unit working.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hard-disk-error-3f1/td-p/5709748
Relevancy 51.6%

Hallo, my hp pavollion notebook its showing hard disk error and please run tha hard disk test in system diagnostics when trying to open

A:Hard Disk Error

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Can you also post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information - and the version of Windows that's installed on the notebook. Regards, DP-K 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-Disk-Error/td-p/5815688
Relevancy 51.6%

Dear Hp, I Encountered Hard Disk Error, black screen when i start-up my laptop. Hard Disk Smart Check : Failed Failure ID : UCFVU0-69189A-XD7X0J-60FV03 Poduct ID : B6T98PA#UUF  Hard Disk 1   I asked my friend and she told me to "Restore computer to an earlier time" It works but after several restart black screen with above message appear again. Can you please tell me a way to fix please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-Disk-Error/td-p/5818910
Relevancy 51.6%

windows 7 disk might fail. can someone please help,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hard-disk-error-620231.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I was using my laptop last night and it started becomin slow. I decided to restart thinking maybe that would help. It started fine until a black screen with a text came up. It said " hard disk error, press any keys to restart" I pressed random keys by it didn't work and the message kept repeating. I ten pressed CTRL + ALT + delete . It then restarted but the same thing happened. What should I do? I have a hp pavvilion entertainer pc . It's about 4-6 years old . Originally vista but is currently windows 7. Not sure but think its 32 bit . I'm only 13 and dont understand much of tech talk so please make it simple for me to understand . Please help me.

A:Hard disk error help

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

Ask your Dad/Mum to download the tool & run.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/208590-hard-disk-error-help.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Dear sevenforums friend Please help me in this trouble - FIRST ERROR WHILE I OPENING LAPTOP MESSAGE ON BLACK SCREEN Serial number not found - AFTER THAT ANOTHER MESSAGE ON BLACK SCREEN Disk Hard 1(301) Error Smart hard disk error the smart hard disk check has detected an imminent failure to ensure not data loss please backup the content immediately and run the Hard disk test in system diagnostics Hard disk F system diagnostics Hard Disk 1(301) Error Enter Continue stratup For more information please visit - www hp com go techcenter startup -NOW IF I ENTER WINDOWS WILL RUN AS NORMAL AND AGAIN IN WINDOW I CAN SEE AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING windows detected a hard disk problem -BUT IF I CANCEL THE ERROR MY LAPTOP WILL RUN AS NORMAL PROCEDURE - ALL THIS HAPPEN BECAUSE OF WINDOW VISTA WHICH WAS IN TRIAL VERSION FOR DAYS AND WISH TO INSTALL IN THE LAPTOP AND DID WHILE I WAS ON THE PROCESS FOR VISTA INSTALLATION I DELETED ALL THE RECOVERY AND GENUINE FILE FROM THIS LAPTOP HARD DISK NOW SOME SAYS THERE IS SECURITY PROTECTION THAT'S WHY IT HAPPENS LIKE THIS BUT STILL IN CONFUSION PLEASE HELP ME IF I INSTALL NEW HARD DRIVE WILL IT BE OKEYA WHEN I SEARCH ON HP WEBSITE IT SAYS HARD DISK ERROR BUT STILL I CAN RUN MY WINDOWS

A:Hard Disk 1(301) Error

have you tryed running chkdsk to see what it brings up?

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/214971-hard-disk-1-301-error.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have Windows 7 Compaq Presario CQ61 and it first happened when I was on Youtube, I left the laptop sitting for a bit, then I come back and the screen was completely black. Everytime I turn it on, I get a message saying Hard Disk 301 and it tells me to run a Hard Disk Test but it failed, and I just bought this laptop recently.

Could it be that one of the reason is that I uninstalled Norton Antivirus and was attacked by a Trojan? (The reason I uninstalled it, the antivirus was already expired and kept getting pop ups.) Is there a way to reformat the disk or something? Because I'm a little bit good at computers but I don't know how to repair a hard drive. Help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

A:Hard disk 301 error

It would be nice if you told us exactly what hard drive you have. Usually a virus won't cause physical damage to a hard drive. It sounds like the hard drive might be failing. No, age does not matter. It can happen at anytime.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/101329-hard-disk-301-error.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I received 1 Disk Hard error (301) the Hard Disk error message today when turning on my laptop It says something along the lines of the hard disk has detected an imminent failure By doing a few searches I noticed that many other people have the same issue but my question Hard Disk 1 (301) error is alittle different nbsp nbsp My laptop is a DV - US windows purchased in so its out of Hard Disk 1 (301) error warrenty by now Can anyone here tell me what the issue is exactly A broken or almost broken hard drive nbsp Also since im not much of a computer person what would be the best way to fix this problem Should I just Hard Disk 1 (301) error take my laptop to a computer repair shop and have them change out the hard drive nbsp Last question my latop comes with a built in recovery feature where i can reinstall windows by pressing F if i change out the hard drive will this feature still be available nbsp thanks ahead of time Solved View Solution

A:Hard Disk 1 (301) error

Hi, To answer your questions in order: 1.  The 301 error code will be a Smart or Disk Self Test failure - in either case, it would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.  It's impossible to estimate the remaining lifespan of the drive - it could carry on for a few months or fail tomorrow. 2. & 3.  I would recommend replacing the Hard Drive yourself - it's a pretty straight forward procedure and will save the expense of paying someone else to do this.  A brief overview is detailed below. The drive on the link below is an example of one that would be fine for your notebook. 750Gb Notebook Hard Drive. The procedure to replace the Hard Drive starts on Page 63 of your Maintenance & Service Guide. To reinstall the operating system on the new drive, you will need to use your set of Recovery Discs - the new Hard Drive will be blank, so the f11 option ( which launches the Recovery Process from a partition on the drive ) will not work. The procedure for using Recovery Discs to reinstall the Operating System is described in the HP document Here. If you don't have your Recovery Discs, you can order a replacement set using the link below. Order HP Recovery Discs.  If you have any problem with this link, order them directly from HP. If you live in the US, contact HP Here. If you are in another part of the world, start Here. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-Disk-1-301-error/td-p/2485595
Relevancy 51.6%

Getting the following error for Hard Disk - ran the HP Advanced System Diagnostics - Hard Disk Test FAILURE ID: PGA95V-00086G-QFFX1F-60DA03 Any idea what this mean and can it be fixed? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Hard-Disk-Error/td-p/5703412
Relevancy 51.6%
Relevancy 51.6%

I am having trouble with my Hard Disk. Disk Doctor reports bad sectors but when it fixes them it continues show the same problem. I also have a slow boot time that seems related. Here is my log file.

I need help with diagnostics and repair. Advanced System Care's Disk Doctor reports a bad indexing on my hard disk but fails to repair it as the problem remains after repair by chkdsk, boot time is extremely slow. I am running a Compaq Presario F761 US NoteBook PC.

Here are my Hard Drive Specs

Model: Hitachi HTS542516K9SA00
Firmware: BBCOC32P
Report By: HDDScan for Windows version 3.3
Report Date: 8/31/2010 5:49:30 AM
Num Attribute Name Value Worst Raw(hex) Threshold

001 Raw Read Error Rate 100 097 0000000000-0000 062

002 Throughput performance 100 100 0000000000-0000 040

003 Spin Up Time 253 100 0000050000-0000 033

004 Start/Stop Count 098 098 0000000000-0DB5 000

005 Reallocation Sector Count 100 100 0000000002-000D 005

007 Seek Error Rate 100 100 0000000000-0000 067

008 Seek time Perfomance 100 100 0000000000-0000 040

009 Power-On Hours Count 085 085 0000000000-1A05 000

010 Spin Retry Count 100 100 0000000000-0000 060

012 Device Power Cycle Count 098 098 0000000000-0D73 000

184 End To End Error Count 100 100 0000000000-0000 099

187 Reported Uncorrectable Error 099 099 000000007F-0001 000

188 Reported Command Timeouts 100 100 0000010004-0001 000

190 Airflow Temperature 050 038 50 C 000

190 Airflow Temperature Minimum 050 038 44 C 000

190 Airflow Temperature Maximum 050 038 52 C 000

191 G-sense Rate/Servo tracking 097 093 0000000005-0001 000

192 Emergency Retract Count 098 098 00000001AB-01AB 000

193 Load/unload Cycle Count 094 094 0000000000-FE41 000

194 HDA Temperature 110 088 50 C 000

194 HDA Temperature Maximum 110 088 62 C 000

194 HDA Temperature Minimum 110 088 13 C 000

196 Reallocation Event Count 100 100 0000000000-0002 000

197 Current Pending Errors Count 100 100 0000000000-0000 000

198 Uncorrectable Errors Count 100 100 0000000000-0000 000

199 UltraDMA CRC Errors 200 200 0000000000-0000 000

223 Load Retry Count 100 100 0000000000-0000 000

Windows Vista
English (United States)

C:\ Volume Label: Local Disk, File System: NTFS

Disk Check is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
131456 file records processed.
File verification completed.
157 large file records processed.
0 bad file records processed.
0 EA records processed.
60 reparse records processed.
Disk Check is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
Index entry 00010004.ci in index $I30 of file 121563 is incorrect.
Index entry 00010004.dir in index $I30 of file 121563 is incorrect.
Index entry 00010004.wid in index $I30 of file 121563 is incorrect.
167082 index entries processed.
Index verification completed.
Errors found. Disk Check cannot continue in read-only mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-error.946897/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey,

I just got an old laptop from a friend of mine, and I'm trying to setup windows but it's giving me a lot of problems.

When I try to format the disk through the Windows XP cd it can come up with a few errors. Sometimes it gives "Setup cannot format the partition, the disk may be damaged..." error, sometimes it gives an error stating "the cd may be corrupt", either way it will not go past 0% on the format screen.

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite SM30X-113 and the hard disk is a Toshiba 60gb 2.5", there are many numbers on the hard disk but the most prominent one is MK6021GAS.

I have tried running Spinrite Hard Disk tool and it ran a deep scan for 5+ hours with no issues found. Apart from that I'm unsure where to go next.

Thanks in advance.

A:Possible hard disk error?

Did you remove the partitions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-hard-disk-error.823886/
Relevancy 51.6%

This Hard Disk error message pops up and I go to Hard Drive Check...I get another error message stating the HD check is not installed!?? This PC is barely a year old and I have had nothing but problems with it. Sent it to HP a few months back and was told it had a virus. It did not have a virus...I have been having hard drive and "no operating system found" issues since about 2 months after taking it out of the box. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Hard-Disk-Error-3F1/td-p/5613807
Relevancy 51.6%

I had opened Laptop for cleaning.Now I get this error "hard disk 3f0 error"System can't find hard drive, I've checked the connection again. Also the hard drive works if I connect other PC via 2.5" to USB adapter.Hard drive seem to be okay. I can also boot CD/DVD .But Laptop doesn't detect hard drive?Someone on forum said it could be due to ESD my SATA controller has stopped working and need motherboard replacement.What should I do ? Know any solutions to this problem. My laptop is not in warranty.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hard-disk-3f0-error/td-p/5646108
Relevancy 51.6%

Hard disk error.i ran a test in system diagnostics and it's still same. What do I do now?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hard-disk-error/td-p/5797718
Relevancy 51.6%

Halo Dr. KI got a problem that I couldnt turn on my computer suddenly and it said "The SMART hard disk check has detected an imminent failure" blablabla And i underwent the start-up test. It shows  FAILURE ID: Q4P3JF-67383L-MFPX1F-60CW03PRODUCT ID: B9J22PA#AB5 Is it possible that i can recover it or just back up my photos now??? 

A:Hard Disk Error 301

@kenchoi424? When S.M.A.R.T. data indicates a possible imminent drive failure, software running on the host system may notify the user so stored data can be copied to another storage device, preventing data loss, and the failing drive can be replaced. First thing would be to backup needed Data. (Pictures, Documents etc.) If you did not make Recovery Media you should try after that. (There is no Recovery Kit for your model from HP.) REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-Disk-Error-301/td-p/5597437
Relevancy 51.6%

Ive recently started getting the errors again, but this time i can actually see an entry in the event viewer, the titular "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\D"two days ago i have replaced my old hard disk with new one.Please suggest solution.Thanks in advance

A:hard disk error

What errors again! you need to give more detail.

What type of drive, IDE or SATA and what version of windows are you running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-error.1000129/
Relevancy 51.6%

This is really going to show Error on Now what? disk. hard my ignorance of certain functions of Windows I feel I have a fairly good working knowledge of all things Windows however I ve never been sure what CHKDSK does or it s hard drive Error on hard disk. Now what? brand equivalent Does it check for software errors when an OS is installed or does it scan for physical defects in the platter Here s the reason this has come up I just got through putting a new machine together complete with two Western Digital GB SATA hard drives After Error on hard disk. Now what? two days of running the machine I booted it up one day from standby and heard a medium-loud mechanical quot rubbing quot type sound I immediately shut down the system from Windows then booted up from the power button I didn t hear that noise again that day but just to be safe I went ahead and called Western Digital and they arranged to have me RMA both drives The next day when I resumed from standby again I got less of a mechanical noise and today hardly any noise at all So I got to thinking that maybe it was just something caught in a fan blade and I wanted to be sure because I was not looking forward to having to take out two drives send them in put in two new ones and load Windows all over again But today a friendly tech at an online vendor told me to run a program called quot HD Tune Pro which I did and it found an error on one of the drives but did not fix it I m not really sure what that all means but I m assuming that would be a sign to go ahead and follow through with the RMA correct I m also a little gun shy now of Western Digital Thinking of going with Samsung nbsp

A:Error on hard disk. Now what?

I'd suggest you download the wd hard drive tools (found on their web site) and run them to see what they say about your drives - it's basically what wd will run when they receive your drives

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-on-hard-disk-now-what.810098/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hard drive test was failed.. system diagonsticsFailure id / qbsbxs_000875_mfkr6j_60r203Product id / g2b26ea#abv

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hard-disk-error/td-p/5731606
Relevancy 51.6%

So, while I turn on my PC, it didn't work as necessarily. The desktop colour is black and there are some sentences. The Hard Disk is Error. Then, I went to System Diagnostic in F2 and try Hard Disk Check. I choose Extensive Check and the results are Smart Check : Passed Long DST : Failed. There is also Failure ID and Product ID. My Product ID: HP Envy x360-m6-ar004dx. Below, Hard Drive 1. So, I hope someone can help me please. I don't understand what should I do. My warrnty is over.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-Disk-Error/td-p/5846728
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Folks, tonight the PC has been playing up a bit so ran AVG and defraged the hard drive also ran Adaware but still the same.

Went and had a look in event viewer and saw lots of red kisses..whoops crosses in system logs and double clicked on one of them to see what the problem is.......
The device\device\harddisk0\D has a bad block? 227 of these in a 30 min spell.
The big question is, is the hard drive packing up?... bearing in mind its only 10 months old.
Hookstar

Most likely the HD is getting ready to go bust on you. Get a new drive and install it and use ghost to copy the entire old disk to the new one, then remove the old one and you should be good to go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-error.179594/
Relevancy 51.6%

Based on a suggestion from Huffer I'm posting this as a new topic in case anyone else comes across this issue Hard Disk 1 in Error 3F1 in the future nbsp System Details Product Number LR PA ABG nbsp nbsp nbsp Description HP PAVILION DV - TX ENTERTAINMENT NOTEBOOK PCSystem Board ID Motherboard Part No - BIOS Version F AOperating System Windows Home Premium Bit nbsp When starting up this laptop after successful POST Hard Disk 1 Error 3F1 in it comes up with the following error Hard Disk Error Hard Disk Error F As seen in this screen shot nbsp Hard Disk in the nbsp above picture nbsp denotes the internal HDD in the laptop not an external eSata one If your fast enough after the POST screen you can press F boot menu and choose to ignore the error and continue booting into windows nbsp If you let it just do a normal POST it will halt on this error and won't allow windows to load nbsp In an effort to remedy the situation I have tried installing other drives all showing the exact same error The other drives Hard Disk 1 Error 3F1 in are - Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD BEVT - Hard Disk 1 Error 3F1 in Gb pulled from another working laptop - A-RAM Pro Series Gb SSD pulled from another working system - Western Digital Black WD LPLX - Gb this drive was purchased brand new thinking there was a possibility the other drives might be faulty nbsp I then ran GSmart HDD Control on all drives attempting to work out why all drives didn't work Link here http gsmartcontrol sourceforge net home index ph p Downloads nbsp When tested in a standard desktop system on a standard SATA lead all drives return no S M A R T errors and all passed a full read test When tested with HP's own testing tools from BIOS on this laptop the drives also passed the full HDD test but still fail after nbsp the post screen nbsp In desperation I purchased a compatible mainboard that will fit into the DV - TX chassis nbsp with the same board ID details as follows HP Casablanca H Product Number FP M ABASystem Board id System Board CT No PBWQE HT Q Bios Version F A nbsp Incidentally if you want the best possible Graphics for a replacement board in the System Board id range try the following part No's instead - - They both have an AMD HD chip with nbsp Gb dedicated memory nbsp Once installed this board also POST's fine however it also gives the same Hard Disk Error F nbsp I looked up the HP BIOS error Codes http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId emr na-c nbsp It gives a very generic This indicates a potential problem with the hard drive Please run the hard drive test Which as stated above had already been done nbsp At this point having ruled out the HDD's this then indicates to me that the issue may lay with either the HDD cable itself or a nbsp mainboard issue with nbsp HP Pavilion dv range of laptops nbsp I attempted to find a replacement SPS-Cable Kit Part No - for the original mainboard however the part is no longer available Mumbodog suggested an alternate Part No that is still available - nbsp I have since contacted the Ebay vendor of the replacement mainboard and requested a HDD cable replacement as it's a cheap option if it works and helps rule another element of the equation out nbsp I will post back here once I have tried the HDD cable to let others know if this works or not If it doesn't then the only other possibility I can think of is faulty mainboards or a common fault in these boards that requires rectifying nbsp If anyone else has a good suggestion or has seen this before please post your experience here ---- gt

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-Disk-1-Error-3F1-in/td-p/5680895
Relevancy 51.6%

Using a windows 7 home premium laptop and since last night i've been getting microsoft windows error pop ups saying they've detected a hard disk problem disk name : WDC WD3200BEVT-24A23T0 ATA Device
volume: D:\;C:\
I've ran the chkdsk command on both and it has come back with no issues I reformatted my computer with nothing but teamspeak and firefox installed and still get the issue before all this though I had updated my computer through windows update to be sure. I tried online tech support and they told me it was a software confliction error although since I was unable to pay they were unable to help fix the error. So i'm hoping I could get some help if possible it'd be greatly appreciated. If I've left out any obvious and necessary information regarding my computer I apologize and I'd be more than happy to provide it.

A:Hard disk error

Download and test the drive with the manufacturer's diagnostics; WDC Lifeguard Diagnostics: http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?groupid=606&sid=3&lang=en

Do a SMART, Short, and Extended/Long test. If the drive fails at any point, it's trash and needs to be replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-error.1115523/
Relevancy 51.6%

System message Hard Disk error On running Hard Disk Test it says HARD DISK TEST FAILED . FAILURE ID 6EALRS-63N89S-XDXOJ-60BE03, HARD DISK 1. Suggest what to do in order to resolve the same

A:Hard Disk error

Whenever the Hard Disk Short DST test fails that indicates that the Hard Disk Drive has failed and that requires a replacement to resolve the issue This issue could be due to Application or driver conflicts, virus issues, file corruptions due to incompatible applications, improper shutdowns, update failures due to conflicts, sudden power surges, if notebook is dropped etc.. HP will provide a replacement Hard Disk Drive if the Notebook warranty is Active, If not you need buy a SATA Hard Disk Drive from a retail shop nearby Please make sure you are getting at least equal capacity as the original one in order to use Recovery Disks. If you need you can buy a larger, but not smaller capacity Hard Disk Drive. For example if you have a 500GB Hard Disk Drive you can upgrade it to 750GB Hard Disk Drive but not 320GB Hard Disk Drive Please Contact HP if your HP Notebook is under warranty, HP would replace the Hard Disk Drive and provide you a Recovery media to restore factory operating system after replacement (if you've not yet created Recovery Discs/USB Media) Note: Back up all the personal data to an external drive if it's possible. Otherwise you could connect the failed HDD via SATA to USB adapter with another PC or same PC after replacement of HDD & re-installation of OS and try copying /recovering the files. You can also refer to the below shown link for further supporthttp://www.wikihow.com/Recover-Data-from-the-Hard-Drive-of-a-Dead-Laptop Please click on the link In order to Identify, Prevent, Diagnose & Recover from Drive Failures on HP Notebook Hard Drives & Solid State Drives :http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02876562.pdf  You can Check your warranty Here to verify the status and Click Here to order a new Hard Drive  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-Disk-error/td-p/5841292
Relevancy 51.6%

i have dell 1545 vista 32 bit.i get error code 0416 on running dell diagnostics .but otherwise laptop is quite normal now .the error requires hd change .what should i do???

Is the PC still under warranty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-error.953408/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm having problems with my Hard Disk, I keep getting I/O error.
I think this is because I have numerous partitions including mandrake linux, slackware linux and win 98. I'm trying to change the boot sequence so that I can boot up a floppy that was a startup disk on so I can nuke all partitions and start over but even though floppy isfirst in boot sequence and hard disk is 3rd I get the I/O error.
I changed the hard disk around to see if that helped and it booted up first time.
How can I delete everything on this hard disk or is it totally ars3holed?

A:Hard Disk I/O error

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Hi There!

The first thing you want to do is check the drive itself.

Go to the hard Drive maker's website and download & run their diagnostic program. If the hard drive fails any of the tests, then there's a problem with the physical drive.

If it's a Maxtor or Western Digital, I know that they wil replace the hard drive under warranty(if still applies) if any of the tests fail. you just need to have the test results on the screen.

If the drive checks out OK, then it may be a problem with the cable or motherboard.
Good Luck!

ST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-i-o-error.134450/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hard disk 1 fault error code 303.Have recently had an IT tech repair but continue to have the same problem, how can I fix at home with out paying top $$$ once again?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-disk-1-303-error-how-to-fix-without-getting-an-it-tech/td-p/5623532
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone and thank you for reading this nbsp So I own an HP Pavillion DV EDIT I believe its a dv dx and it is NOT starting up EDIT Windows Home Edition I believe bit nbsp What I mean is that it doesnt get pass the Windows loading screen after I hit start Disk Error Hard 305 up windows normally So I tried to figure out what the error was and I went into the bios and did a Hard Disk test When I first did this it ended on the short test and said Hard Disk is Hard Disk Error 305 Full Error I left it like that for a while maybe weeks before I finally got around to fixing it nbsp To fix it I got Linux onto a disc Ubuntu to be exact and started my computer up through the OS on the disc I then cleared and deleted some files music old games that I didnt need anymore in hopes that it would fix the error So I tried to boot it up again and it got the same problem as before it couldnt get past the Windows loading screen I then went back into the bios and did the Hard Disk scan again This time it got past the short test but did NOT pass the long test The error message I got was Hard Disk Error nbsp Ive done a bit of searching how I found this site actually and I cant find a fix Is my hard drive toast Is there any easy fix Should I reinstall Windows nbsp Thanks for reading and Hard Disk Error 305 I would really appreciate any help Have a nice day nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Hard Disk Error 305

Hi, You're welcome  The fact that you can access data on the HDD via Ubuntu is pretty much what I would expect as the drive isn't having to run Windows, so you've greatly reduced the read/write load it's under - particularly if the fault is mechanical, this gives you a much better chance of just pulling off your data. If you know your HDD manufacturer, visit their website as you should find a download to create a diagnostic disc/usb to further test the drive. As for replacing the HDD, you're not restricted to any particular manufacturer, so as an example, the drive on the following link would be fine - ( One important aspect to note is not to replace the drive with one of a smaller capacity than the original, as this often causes problems when using Recovery Discs to reinstall the OS ). 750Gb 2.5" Sata II Hard Drive. The replacement procedure can be found starting on Page 70 of your Maintenance & Service Guide. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-Disk-Error-305/td-p/2687887
Relevancy 51.6%

SMART Hard Disk Error The SMART hard disk check has detected an imminent failure. To ensure no data loss, please backup the content immediately and run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics. Hard Disk 1 (301) This is an error code I received  M0EDXS-74P86D-WPTV6J-60FN03  So I bought a new hard drive and was immidietly welcomed with the same message.Is it my ssd??? Please help me

I am surrently runnung a Hard Drive Long DST Check

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Hard-Disk-Error/td-p/5720313
Relevancy 51.6%

My hard drive has Windows XP installed on it. I transferred it to another computer, a Pentium 3. When I boot up, everything goes fine then suddenly the screen turns blue and a message appears -> "Stopped Loading Windows to avoid further damage. If this is the first time this message has appeared, try restarting your computer." Everytime I restart the same message appears so I can't get to use my hard disk on the Pentium 3. It just really pisses me off..

First off, please read the rules and leave your profanity at the door.

The reason for this is pretty obvious, you can't just take a Windows boot drive to another hardware configuration and expect it to work. There's nothing wrong with the hard disk, reload Windows for the new configuration, and it'll work fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-error.368897/
Relevancy 51.6%

I keep pressing CTRL+ALT+SUPR but it does not boot my PC, anyone can help me?

Normally CTL+ALT+Delete will lead to a screen that will restart the computer. I'm not sure what SUPR is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84963/hard-disk-error/
Relevancy 51.6%

when I boot my laptop, I receive a black screen with a message saying:

Primary hard disk drive 0 note found
No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot. F2 for set up utility

what do I do?

Your hard disk is "broken", for some reason, your laptop can't find it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-error.778425/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey, so i was playing my fav game, and my laptop froze, i decided to reboot it and BOOM!,Hard Disk Error 3F1I got curious and ran an Hard disk diagnostics,results are:SMART: NOT INSTALLEDSHORT DST: NOT INSTALLEDAfter test i got error code 3F0, same after exiting from the BIOS. Beeping ends in menu of BIOS.On other PC the disk is workiing. don't know what to do. Please help!_________________________________________MODEL: HP PAVILION DV6SYSTEM: WINDOWS 8.1 PRO 64-BIT________________________________________

Relevancy 51.17%

Al riavvio del PC ho avuto segnalazione di errore Hard Disk 1 (301). Ho fatto girare il Sistem Diagnostic E MI HA SEGNALATO hARD DRIVE SMART CHECK: failed; fAILURE ID: 9GJ1A-64D89D-QFPK0J-60CG03.Qualcuno sa di cosa si tratta o dove cercare informazioni. Il sito assistenza HP non mi Ť stato d'aiuto

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Smart-Hard-disk-error/td-p/5823206
Relevancy 51.17%

My computer is about months old I just recently built it It s a relatively high end gaming machine Out of no where in the middle of my game it freezes It had done something similar on my Error Hard Disk Drive Help previous system and I m not sure why So I had to manually shut it off with the power Hard Drive Disk Error Help button to get any response When I went to reboot it doesn t POST test and just stays at my Bios screen Bios menu is fully functional If I go and view the POST test message I have a disk error and it has me restart the system On my previous system something similar happened but not with this Hard Drive Disk Error Help bios etc then again my system has completely different hardware I m running XP Professional -bit I left it off all day and when I came home it loaded to desktop didn t POST test at all then froze pretty much instantly I would really rather not format my HD so any help would be greatly appreciated I take good care of my systems clean them regularly don t leave them on for extended periods of time So its crazy to me that it did this soon It also gave me a strange error on the POST message of something along lines of NTDRL Error But that only happened one time I m not sure of the exact letter order but it was very very close to those I put I had never seen it before nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I went out of town for a few days, I think I left the computer turned on, and when I got home it was off, power failure? and when I turned it on windows won't load. The error I get says Pri Master Hard Disk : S.M.A.R.T. status BAD, back up and replace
Press F1 for set up, F2 to continue. When I press F2 I get a message that say disk read error occurred press ctrl alt del................. and when I do it starts all over. I don't have a xp disk. My computer came loaded already. Any idea what to do. I think its shot. I just want to get my pictures I have on the hard drive.

Relevancy 51.17%

I am using Windows Home Premium OS I originally had a Windows Vista pc that had the cpu burn out on it I had the geeksquad slave the hard drive over from my old vista pc into my new windows pc It has been working without any problem at all Then last night after installing net framework RC beta I restarted my pc and the Hard Read Disk Error? drive was not located in the My computer folder The drive was an E drive now the E drive is labeled a CD drive So i enabled the S M A R T setting in the windows setup and now the E cd drive has been removed but it is still not recognized through my disc managment What should I be doing in order to get my slave drive to appear again I ve tried a system restor eand everything and the chkdsk f returned no errors except last night it said something about something being Hard Disk Read Error? fixed I dont know what it did My DxDiag txt is attached nbsp

A:Hard Disk Read Error?

Did you try removing the HDD from the case and starting the PC without it and then putting it back? Is the HDD sata or IDE?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-read-error.144761/
Relevancy 51.17%

i want to know that can i repair bad sector hard disk
hard disk regenarate application it is true or fake

A:Hard Disk Bad Sector Error

Use the built in disk check. If it does not fix the bad sectors, other software will not be any better.
Number 4 check both boxes
Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351803-hard-disk-bad-sector-error.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hi there,below is the error message I received - with hard disk test -- What does this mean?Testing Drive: 1SMART Check: FAILEDFAILURE ID: 9TU3HK-7MT869-XD7V7G-60F503

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 51.17%

My mother gave me her HP ENVY dv6-7213nr Notebook PC when she got a new pc. When I startup, I get a black screen and an error message that tells me to Please run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics, Hard Disk 1 (3F1). After, this is the following: Quick Check:SMART Chech: PASSEDShort DST: FAILEDFAILURE ID: RGE091-70S87M-QFPKOK-61sW03PRODUCT ID: C2M18UA#ABAHard Disk 1 Extensive Check:SMART Chech: PASSEDLong DST: FAILEDFAILURE ID: RGE091-70S87M-QFPKOK-61A603PRODUCT ID: C2M18UA#ABAHard Disk 1 I tried navigating through HP Support, but only found out that my warranty expired before I even got the dang thing. And I did upgrade to Windows 10 (from Windows 8) when the free upgrade was offered. Can anyone help me?   

A:Startup Hard Disk Error

Purchase a new sata notebook hard drive and install it. The Windows 10 digital license entitlement for the notebook should be on the Microsoft licensing server. That means that when you reinstall Windows 10 all you have to do is click on the I don't have product key link in the install and continue with the install. As soon as the notebook goes online it will validate. I can verify that it works because I have done that serveral times recently while upgrading my new motherboard to an M.2 NVMe SSD.  It took time and was not a simple upgrade. In your case it should be simple.  You can download a Windows 10 ISO from the following link and create a USB flashdrive installer.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I recommend using RUFUS to create the usb flashdrive installer.https://rufus.akeo.ie/   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Startup-Hard-Disk-Error/td-p/5747221
Relevancy 51.17%

A few weeks ago, I would get a Blue Screen pop up threatening to dump everything. I ran MBAM and Super Anti-Spyware, and Ad-Aware...just adware cookies and I deleted them.
Now, I keep getting a Hard disk error pop up. I've been "x"ing it out...I ran everything again, full scan- shows nothing.

I'm not sure what is going on, and if it's a true problem or a virus. Any help is most appreciated!

A:BSOD, now Hard Disk Error

Can you post the error message...exactly as it appears onscreen?

Some hard disk error messages require near-immediate attention...and none are solved by running malware programs.

A BSOD is the system's way of...asking for help.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367324/bsod-now-hard-disk-error/
Relevancy 51.17%

HARD DRIVE CHECKSMART check : FAILEDFAILURE ID : OSGG3W-000894-MFPWXG-60EN03

A:Smart hard disk error

Hi, If the first character of your error id is actually 'zero' - ie 0SGG3W-000894-MFPWXG-60EN03 then it does confirm Smart error and that the hard drive is failing and will need to be replaced. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Smart-hard-disk-error/td-p/5810874
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I have an error as soon as I log onto my laptop, the disk error screen pops up and says:

Hard Disk 1 (301)

I think this means my hard drive is dying and I need a new one, but i have no idea what one I get.

My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6

Please ask if you need any more information.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi.From last 2 Days im getting Smart Hard Disk Failure whenever i power on my laptop. But it works fine though there are some unexpected freezing in between the work.It says Hard Disk 1 (301)If i run system diagnosticks it gives me a Failure ID QCU008-7AK882-XD7V7F-80A203and a Product ID(i forgot to remeber).What might have caused this problem? And what is the solution for this?Do i need to replace the Hard Disk? How much it might cost to replace?My PC is under Accedential warrenty  plus HWM onsite service type.Please Help Me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Smart-Hard-Disk-Error/td-p/5807404
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok so I had the windows anti virus on my computer I used these fourms on BC to try and help and get rid of it and I thought I had So I downloaded microsoft security essentials to see if I had any remaining viruses and left for work When I got home from work It said there where errors threats and that I needed to restart my computer so I did so But when I tried to restart it I got the Start Computer Normally or Do a system Repair screen I tried to start my computer normally but whenever I do I get the Hard Disk error message it reads like thisHard Disk ErrorPlease run the Hard Disk Test in System DiagnosticsHard Disk f F System Diagnostics for more information please visit www hp com go techcenter startupSo I restarted my computer again and disk 7 windows hard error that same menu popped up with the Start computer normally or Do a system repair So I attempted a System Repair it took hours but nothing happened Am I just being Impatient or is my computer wrecked Here are my specs Microsoft Windows Home PremiumProcessor Speed GHzRAM GBIntel Core i MGraphics Card Intel GMA HDStorage Capacity GB

A:windows 7 hard disk error

Hi bro,

Here is the error code table for HP, scroll down the page

h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01443317

Good luck !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433302/windows-7-hard-disk-error/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi i am installed using w7 ultimate 32bit now. i tried to partition the extended hard disk in my new pc but it shows the error as " no available memory to partition on your computer" so what i do, still there is 215GB of free space with good health.

A:Error in partition of hard disk

Are you trying to Dual boot.
Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/160272-error-partition-hard-disk.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I owned a HP Pavilion dm4, 64-bits, running on windows 7 home edition. My house had a power trip two days back which caused my laptop to switched off without warning. I managed to start up immediately after, but now when I tried to start it up, it won't budge at all. The startup repair option does not load. It just stuck on a blue screen with cursor( normally after the blue screen the HP recovery tool will load but now it don't). safe mode doesn't work. basically nothing works...Did test on hard drive, and it says error hard disk 1 quick (303). From what I saw in the forum it means my hard disk is dead. So I'm wondering if I should send it to HP for repair or change the hard disk myself. I have assignments due in a week time so the deadline is kind of tight if I were to send for repair. any idea?

A:error hard disk 1 quick (303)

Hi, The 303 error would indicate that your Hard Drive is failing and will need to be replaced - this is also consistent with the start-up issues you describe. As your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced.  What normally happens is that HP will send you the replacement HDD to fit yourself - you pay a deposit for this which is refunded when you return the defective HDD If you live in the US, contact HP Here. If you are in another part of the world, start Here. Regards, DP-K 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/error-hard-disk-1-quick-303/td-p/1313581
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm running XP Professional. when I start my computer I get this black screeen that says
"Secondary Hard Disk Drive 0 not found"
"strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility"
I just hit F1, but I really should find out whats wrong and how to fix it. can any one help?
I hit F2 once, but quickly left cuz I thought i might screw something up
I appreciate your help, thanx in advance

Nanc

A:Secondary Hard Disk Error

IMO, first step is check all connections to the drive...they can become loosened.If the drive is not one recently added to the system, it's likely the connections are loose...or one of the cables is bad...or the drive is going bad.The reason that you are given the option of going into the BIOS/Setup...is to check that the drive is properly detected in the BIOS. Some BIOSes do auto-detection of existing drives, some offer manual-detection alternatives. In any case, the Setup option provides an opportunity to check the drive's status in the BIOS/CMOS settings.Howstuffworks How BIOS Works - http://computer.howstuffworks.com/bios.htm/printable Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/144093/secondary-hard-disk-error/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi to all, I am just getting started on the inner workings of the computer, and software. This computer is an Aptiva 266, I am trying to install a western digital caviar 170aa 17 gb hard drive. The computer can see the hard drive but I get a error of 1780 hard disk error on start up. I formatted the drive and installed win98 before this. I believe I may need to do something with the bios, but not sure. Am I in the right area?

A:1780 hard disk error

Hi deputy_p, welcome,

This is from the Western Digital website:

24: I used Data Lifeguard Tools to set up my 8.4 GB hard drive. Now I get a message on my screen that says "1790 Disk 0 error" or "1780 hard disk error" every time I reboot. What is wrong?

This message may display after changing your hard drive configuration. If it displays more than once, and/or the system does not boot to the hard drive after installing EZ-BIOS, you may need to add an additional jumper to the drive. Please refer to our jumper settings page for instructions on adding an additional jumper to drives greater than 2.1 GB, then boot to the Data Lifeguard Tools diskette to set up your hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1780-hard-disk-error.47538/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi. I have been getting a smart hard disk error saying the hard disk is dying. I could boot into safe mode. I wanted to get some pictures off but now it tells me there is no operating system. My plan was to clone the drive to another. Do I have any hope? I have a windows recovery disk but not sure what to do now. Any help would be appreciated. This is a Compaq Presario. Notebook. windows 7.
I did run malwarebytes in safe mode but it found nothing. But now I can not do anything.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hope you can help.  Just replaced screen on hp Pavilion g7-1227nr Notebok.  When I turned it back on I got Smart Hard Disk error check has detected an imminent failure.

I have tried to back up my computer but get error at end of backup.  Not sure I have all info or not.

Please let me know what I need to do next.  I am so lost.

Thank you in advance

A:SMART Hard Disk Error

Hello,This usually means that the hard drive is failing and about to die. Your best course of action is to copy the files over to another media ASAP, and replace the failing hard drive.Since Windows Backup does not work, you might consider booting a live Linux CD and manually copy the files over to an external media (external hard drive or flash drive) to avoid straining the failing hard drive further.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586296/smart-hard-disk-error/
Relevancy 51.17%

Boot device not found. Operating system does not exist on hard disk

A:Hard disk not found... OS error

Hello, Thank you for post. Welcome to the HP Support forum ! This may be related to Windows issue or hardware failure Please, first perform HDD check na quick system scan 1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button2. Power it on.2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately start hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one 3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . Here is more info >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1 If System test is not available, perform HDD check.  Let me know the results.  If the Quick test or the HDD check pass without errors, probably your problem is related to Windows issue.What happened for you to see this issue, did you perform something before/recently ? Can you connect some change to this ?What is your full PC model > http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108  ?  Hope this helps. Looking forward to your reply.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-disk-not-found-OS-error/td-p/5836137
Relevancy 51.17%

Since yesterday my PC Envy 27 is reporting Smart HD error.   The error message details are:Hard drive name: 10000LM014-1EJ164-SSHDVolume: C:\;D:\ I managed to save my files. The PC ist still rebooting but with repeated error notice. I did the Windows 10  hard drive diagnosis, which does not show any problems. The HP Hardrivetest shows:Error ID: Q0F619-7GF887-X87R6K-609U03Product ID: K2D53EA#ABD. Is there any repair tool that can fix the problem?Thanks for replay, Ulrich

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/SMART-Hard-disk-error/td-p/5768020
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently ran Norton Systemworks on a relatively new PC with Vista and it reported the following Quote quot Error on hard disk -- MasterPartition Table is unreadable The Master Partition Table is physically damaged Norton Disk Doctor is unable to continue with repairs Correct this situation if you are unable to access partitions on hard disk quot quot Do you wish to correct this problem quot I chose yes and received the following Quote quot Only a low-level format will correct the error found Norton Disk Doctor cannot continue testing this disk quot Anyone else run into a similar problem or know the best way to fix it I'm not even sure what Hard disk refers to because there's just a C amp D drive on this HP Not sure what caused this issue The only thing I can come up with that I did in the past week was moving some old digital picture jpg files off CDR's onto this new computer Several files seemed to have trouble being read Thanks for Hard Disk Error Partition? 3 on any help or suggestions in advance

A:Error on Hard Disk 3 Partition?

Hi drgthang...try running chkdsk on each partition to see if that finds any errors. To perform a fairly quick read-only scan, please do the following:

- Click Start -> Run -> type:
cmd
- Click OK
- This will launch your Command Prompt. At the flashing cursor type:
chkdsk c:
- Press Enter
- When the scan has finished note down the result (take a screenshot if it's easier) then type:
chkdsk d:
- Again, note down the results and let us know please

Also, do you if you have a recovery partition on your computer? To find out:

- Click Start -> Run -> type:
diskmgmt.msc
- Click OK
- Take a screenshot of what you see and add it to your reply please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-on-hard-disk-3-partition-338362.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello again, I posted a few days ago with a keyboard error. That has been fixed. I brought home another 486DX. Booted it up, windows 3.1 loads fine. Then I exited to a C:\ prompt and typed "format C:" The format went fine. Now when I try to boot off the first DOS 5.0 disk I get "Non system disk or disk error Replace and press any key when ready" Same error when I try to boot to C: or any of my bootdisks. I went to the BIOS and the hard drive is correctly identified the boot sequence is correct. I have two sets of DOS disks, so I know the disks are OK. This is the second machine that this has happened to so I'm pretty sure the hard drives are OK. What am I forgetting to do?

A:Getting Hard disk error after formatting

Get a boot disk with cd rom support , if you are installing from CD .
http://www.startdisk.com/Web2/ubd/ubd.htm
http://www.startdisk.com/Web2/ubd/Clean.htm
http://www.bootdisk.com/

---------------------------------------------------

Or ,
fdisk , reboot & format c:/u/c/s

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-hard-disk-error-after-formatting.46590/
Relevancy 51.17%

Laptop stopped recognising Bluetooth so restarted it but during the booting up it said something about checking a disk and repairing the hard drive which then laptop crashed disk Satellite hard L50-B-235 error before completing Would not boot up again it either Spends ages on the toshiba screen then says no bootable device Loads to Satellite L50-B-235 hard disk error login screen then spends ages on the welcome before saying preparing windows and loading a temporary profile When it does this an error shows saying Windows detected a hard disk problem Backup your files to prevent information loss and then contact the computer manufacturer to determine if you need Satellite L50-B-235 hard disk error to repair or replace the disk It will then crash after - mins and show the blue screen with my critical process died error which restarting always brings up described in I have Windows upgraded from and the laptop is under a year old I have tried various google searches and fixes including System refresh the drive where Windows is is locked Check disk be it from the boot menu or command prompt in temporary profile Changed the boot up order then back again Multiple reboots Opened up the device and removed then replaced the hard drive Nothing has worked I don't have the recovery media and can't really afford it at the moment Could this be an actual hard drive issue it gets warm during the boot ups which would mean it needs replacing If so can these be bought with Windows installed on them

A:Satellite L50-B-235 hard disk error

While I update to windows 10 I have a probem with the use of the hard drive because it moved to use of 100% and the laptop just crash.

I search in the administration control panel and I found out that I have a service called System host: local system (private network). I tanslate it from spanish which is the langage my laptop has.

Moreover I have a problem whit the video card because the systems always uses the intel graphic istead of the video card (AMD one). I tryed to solve this problem istalling the AMD graphic control program but the program doesent functions better because the hard drive use is always over 100% and the laptop experience complete lenght.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90755-Satellite-L50-B-235-hard-disk-error
Relevancy 51.17%

When I started laptop before 2 day I got this smart hard-disk check error 301. I registered compain from toll free number and laptop is under warranty so I don't have any issue but I want my data from hard disk.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:SMART Hard-Disk error

That is true on some models but see the manual. In your case the hard drive is shown in the "customer self-repair" section and there is a customer accessible panel so you can remove the hard drive and still keep the warranty. Just put it back and button it up before sending it in to HP.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SMART-Hard-Disk-error/td-p/5757803
Relevancy 51.17%

ok damn computer wouldn't boot kept coming up with primary hard disk error press f1 to continue. replaced drive and got computer up and running but i really need the data off of the other disk. I installed in in the slave bay and when I boot up I get the secondary hard disk error and the computer does not recognize the disk at all. in the bios is says disk 2 0mb. these are sata hard drives. how can i access the drive and recover my data

A:secondary hard disk error

Is the 2d SATA port enabled in the BIOS?
Can you see this disk in Device Manager?
Specs of disks and computer including OS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secondary-hard-disk-error.924066/
Relevancy 51.17%

I received an ide/sata error, everything is gone on my hard drive. how do I fix this? i'm running vista and have mcafee

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ide-sata-hard-disk-error.1002118/
Relevancy 51.17%

i cant run my laptop.... showing smart hard disk error. ..... plz help me to solv it ...

A:SMART HARD DISK ERROR

Hard drive needs replacement. Model number?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/SMART-HARD-DISK-ERROR/td-p/5835290
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello!Starting my laptop a black screen opened with the following error message: <SMART hard disk error<The SMART Hard Disk Check has detected an imminent failure to ensure not data loss please backup file and run the <Hard Disk test in system diagnostic.<Hard Disk 1<f2 system diagnostic<enter-continue startup   This is the result of the diagnostic:<Processor Check: passed<Hard Drive Smart Check: failed<FAILURE ID: U0DX6C-75D892-MFPV6J-608N03<PRODUCT ID: G9Y6EA#ABZ<Hard Drive 1-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<System Quick Test failed I don't understand which is the nature of the problem and how to solve it. Can anyone help me, please?HP Pavilion 15-n267el Windows 10 64 bit

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SMART-Hard-Disk-Error/td-p/5811405
Relevancy 51.17%

when i start my computer i have to hit esc esc then it goes to a screen where i hit F-9 and then enter enter to start windows. every time i have to do this if i don't hit the esc esc fast enough i have to turn it off and back on or the right screen won't come up where F-9 is an option. Do you know why this is or what i need to do to correct the problem?

A:hard drive disk error

What is the message displayed on the screen when you are hitting these two options?  Can you take a picture of it with a smartphone and upload it here?  Hitting ESC sounds like it is trying to boot to something that is higher on the boot order than your hard drive and can't find anything so it is alerting you of this and wanting you to hit ESC to confirm you understand this and continue to try to boot other options.  As for F9, I am not sure on that one without more information on what is says for stopping and why you have to hit F9 to continue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514788/hard-drive-disk-error/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,

A client of mine has an HP laptop. I don't have the exact model, but it came with Windows 7, Beats Audio, and has a 17" display.

I replaced the hard drive about 8 months ago with a solid state drive, a Samsung 840 EVO. Everything has been fine with it since then, but recently, the laptop is giving a Hard Disk Error, Hard Disk 1 (3F1) message on every boot. The user can hit F2 for Diagnostics, and then exit.

Once in Windows, I have ran the Samsung Magician software and no SMART errors are reported and everything is showing up as working normally. Scan Disk finds no problems.

So why does the BIOS think there is an issue?

Any help would be great.

A:HP Laptop - Hard Disk Error (3F1)

I would suggest you make sure the drive has the latest Firmware, and run a performance test with Magician. Dee if the results are close to the specs of the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370518-hp-laptop-hard-disk-error-3f1.html