Windows Support Forum

Sony Vegas 8.0 - Installation Problem "Your System has not been Modified"

Q: Sony Vegas 8.0 - Installation Problem "Your System has not been Modified"

Hello,

I am trying to install Song Vegas 8 onto my Windows Vista via the installation disk.I have been having several small issues, first it takes forever to start installation and then when it does FINALLY begin installing I receive this message "Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again" why does it do this? what does this mean? and what on earth do I do?

Also to try and combat this I have already e moved the start up file to the desktop and have been starting the installation manually. Also I deleted some files to ensure I had enough space.

what on earth should I do???? I have been trying for three weeks to get this to work, I know it's probably a simple fix but I have no idea what on earth to do!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sony Vegas 8.0 - Installation Problem "Your System has not been Modified"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sony Vegas 8.0 - Installation Problem "Your System has not been Modified"

My advice would be to post your problem on the Sony forums http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/default.asp

They're a good community and very helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vegas-8-0-installation-problem-your-system-has-not-been-modified.1081604/
Relevancy 84.63%

never had any problems with this from owning from version 5 up to 8 now!

And I get a problem

"Internet Explorer Script Error"

Line 9
Char 1
Error Automation server can't create object
Code 0
URL:file://C:\Documents and Settings\Liz (ADMINISTRATOR)\Local Settings\Temp\udat\upsell.htm

Ive seen others who use the programme get this to . but nothin I can see that can help me BAR removing IE7.

Any help appreciated

Newbie OUT

A:Sony Vegas 8 Problem """""

See i read this?

http://pixscotland.wordpress.com/200...nnot-start-up/

Im on SP3 , and to remove IE, I need to uninstall SP3, Which is a ballache.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vegas-8-problem-324584.html
Relevancy 84.01%

Hi , I have recently installed Sony Vegas pro 8.0 and Moyea FLV to video converter.The problem is when I import the converted .avi files into Vegas I only get the audio and where the video thumb should be I have a window which read "media offline"
Can anyone please help with this problem ? Thanks in advance.

A:Sony vegas "media offline" problem

If you have no joy here try the own Vegas forum which is very helpful http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showtopics.asp?forumid=12

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vegas-media-offline-problem.718636/
Relevancy 84.01%

Hi , I have recently installed Sony Vegas pro 8.0 and Moyea FLV to video converter.The problem is when I import the converted .avi files into Vegas I only get the audio and where the video thumb should be I have a window which read "media offline"
Can anyone please help with this problem ? Thanks in advance.

A:Sony Vegas "media offline" problem

Sound like the conversion may not have gone as anticipated.

Have you tried their forums?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vegas-media-offline-problem.718634/
Relevancy 107.5%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 106.64%

I created a VEG project in vegas with all my fades, music, pan crops, ect. and then i realized that i still need to add an intro to the movie.
How can i add time to the beginning of the project (time line) say like 1 minute. I dont want to start dragging the clips back because it will ruin my fades and my "PIP" effects.

thanks in advance

A:Sony Vegas 7 -Adding time to the "timeline" how to Question...

Answered in message I sent you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vegas-7-adding-time-to-the-timeline-how-to-question.581431/
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi there, I am having a problem with openin Sony Vegas Pro 11. When I click the icon to open this software, it opens, but stops at the part: Initializing UI and then doesn't go further. I don't know where is the problem. If you could help, I would really appreciate it.

You can see below what I get when I open Sony Vegas.

Relevancy 102.77%

I'm trying to install Windows XP Home on a computer, but when I get to the screen with the little green dot moving in the lower right hand corner, after a few moments, I get a box that says "Setup cannot continue" and mentions something about an "Externally modified file" or something. What's going on? I've used this disk to install XP before and never had any problems with it. Please help me.

Computer Stats:
8GB HD
256MB RAM
Don't know processor size (but it's fast enough to run XP)

A:Windows XP Installation-Recieving "Externally Modified" error

YOur best bet would be to google for the exact error message you are getting. Saying "externally modified file or something" does not help because that is not something I can google and see how others have resolved. Google is your friend. Take advantage.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-installation-recieving-externally-modified-error-346429.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Dear All,

Pleeeeeeeeeeese help me..i cannot able to install FIFA 2013 GAME in my lap..which windows 7, 32 bit

while clicking installer.exe, it will take to installation process.
but after clinking on install button.

it will show like this .
"the system cannot find the file specified "

PLs guys

A:problem during in fifa 13 installation "the system cannot find the file specified"

Where did you get Fifa 13?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-during-in-fifa-13-installation-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified.1116690/
Relevancy 95.03%

In the last couple days I've been trying to install Windows over Windows XP clean installation Unfortunately I'm having a problem pretty early on in the process Whenever I try to press quot Next quot on the screen that has you select which partition you want to install it on it says for me quot Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an partition...") ("System could create a Problem not Installation existing system partition See the setup log files for more Information quot I've tried deleting all of them making a new one a certain size etc with no luck I even tried to load the C drive but it said it wasn't able to reformat it for whatever reason message I get is quot Windows can't format C Check to see that the disk and drive are formatted properly Make sure that the disk is not read only then try again quot I've tried logging into Windows in Safe Mode to change the security options for this problem but I don't see any preference about read-only properties I have also tried going through the steps in the stickied thread about this problem using diskpart to mark a partition as Installation Problem ("System could not create a partition...") active and it hasn't worked I am trying to wipe my computer completely clean and install Windows not along side XP or anything like that Anything you could suggest would be great thanks in advance

A:Installation Problem ("System could not create a partition...")

Did you run the WIn7 upgrade advisor to find if your hardware can run Win7? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e-advisor.aspx

If you still have XP on the HD, update the BIOS to latest version from maker's Support Download's webpage for your computer or mobo model .

Boot the Windows 7 installer, press Shift F10 at bootup, opening a Command Line, type:
DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (for Windows 7 disk)
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
assign letter=c:
active
format
exit

Now boot back into installer to Custom install to partition you created.

If there are further problems, please reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

Also in BIOS setup, check the SATA controller setting: Try AHCI first, then IDE if neccessary.

If these all fail, post back your System Specs at link in bottom left corner of your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/89146-installation-problem-system-could-not-create-partition.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I was building a new array using drives formatted with larger cluster sizes to get over the TB drive limit Since you can't 'remove' a drive in the GUI and have everything rebalance I physically removed the drive while powered down nbsp Upon rebooting Storage Spaces said there was a missing drive and I clicked quot Remove quot so that the repair work would start plenty of room since I'd just moved TB of data to the new array Then disaster hit nbsp One of my TB drives failed hours into the Repair process It appears the drive has failed - powers up spins up but no computer can see it and it doesn't show up in the Disk Management tool Storage "removed" has been drive Spaces - "re can modified? not you that add" a but nbsp I Storage Spaces - can you "re add" a drive that has been "removed" but not modified? may have lost irreplaceable pictures and home movies nbsp I'd be using mirroring for just this reason HOWEVER - the TB drive I removed nbsp Haven't written a thing to it or used it in any way nbsp When I spin it back up I get that Disk is Healthy with quot Storage Spaces Protected Partition quot nbsp Is there ANY way I can quot re-attach quot this disk to the array to make up for whatever was on the Storage Spaces - can you "re add" a drive that has been "removed" but not modified? of the TB drive that was mirrored on Storage Spaces - can you "re add" a drive that has been "removed" but not modified? the TB drive nbsp Only files who were on those two disks and no others would be affected and those are the ones I'm worried about Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b9b0b4e1-9749-438d-a153-fc7473c7d56b/storage-spaces-can-you-quotre-addquot-a-drive-that-has-been-quotremovedquot-but-not?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 94.17%

I have 6GB of ram, a fresh install of Windows 7 x64, and the screenshot shows what happens after leaving my PC on for a couple days. (3782+MB being used by modified memory ATM). http://wow.deconstruct.me/images/ExcessiveMemory.jpg Any ideas on this? Edit: Added this after first round of suggestions http://wow.deconstruct.me/images/NotSoExcessiveMemory.jpg This is uptime of around 2 hours. The first image is of uptime of around 3-5 days.

A:Having a problem with Excessive "modified" memory usage in Win7 x64, upwards of 3.6GB, any suggestions?

Modified memory is memory that was allocated by some application and then removed from the application's working set, usually because it hasn't been used for a long time. The fact that most of your memory is in this state means two things:1. Some app (or multiple apps) allocated a lot of memory, and is not actively using most of it. Often (but not always) this is due to a memory leak in the app.2. The pagefile is not large enough for the system to move all this unused memory to disk.If you sort the processes by Commit Size do you see any particularly big ones? If yes, do you expect them to be using that much memory?Also, have you disabled or reduced the default pagefile size? If yes, you can set it back to "system managed" and that will allow the system to recover physical memory by moving unused pages to the pagefile. (However, if it does turn out to be a memory leak then the pagefile will eventually become full anyway, so you'll need to close the leaking app, or if it's a driver leak, reboot the system).

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7cf838b7-2ced-45a4-a348-3490a226c637/having-a-problem-with-excessive-quotmodifiedquot-memory-usage-in-win7-x64-upwards-of-36gb-any?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi guys.
I have a Packard Bell laptop with a nvidia 8600 GS video card...wich have a HDMI output...i tryed to extend my desktop on a Sony Bravia 32" with a HDMI-HDMI cable but the Sony is black screen with the "out of range" displayed on it...i tryed all the fix that i read about:change resolution,refresh rate,even clean the drivers and reinstal them...in the Nvidia CP my second monitor apear as Sony and is set in dualwiew...i can put it on the native resolution of 1360/760...etc....the problem is that anything i do the screen stil remain black (it flickers when i try to modify things but so there is connection between pc and tv...)

Any ideea would be helpfull...Thx in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-to-sony-bravia-32-problem-out-of-range.120154/
Relevancy 91.16%

Got my computer back today "Your Security + Infected" "Internet 2010" problem System Is virus/malware Background Windows XP and my background is now all green with a black box in the middle saying quot Your System Is Infected etc quot Also a red circle with a white X in the task bar I can t open the task manager Can Anyone Help Downloaded HiJackThis My log "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem AM on Platform Windows XP "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system dlcqcoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system winupdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MP Player mp Player exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files InternetSecurity IS exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Inte... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-system-is-infected-background-internet-security-2010-virus-malware-problem.889124/
Relevancy 91.16%

Got my computer back today Windows XP and my background is now all green with a black box in the middle saying quot Your System Is Infected etc quot Also a red circle with a white X in the task bar I can't open the task manager Can Anyone Help Downloaded HiJackThis My log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan "Internet Security System virus/malware "Your Infected" problem Background 2010" + Is saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system dlcqcoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system winupdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MP Player mp Player exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files InternetSecurity IS exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Intern... Read more

A:"Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I'm afraid HijackThis no longer provides the information we require.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, as far as they possibly can, before posting for assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

If you have problems with any of the steps, simply move on to the next one and make a note of the problem in your reply.

Please note that the Security Forum is always busy, so I would ask for your patience while waiting for a reply - it may take a few days.

This thread will now be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/your-system-is-infected-background-internet-security-2010-virus-malware-problem-445923.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi guys,

As my Sony vaio VGN was rather cluttered, I decided to do a total system restore to factory settings.

So I hit f10 at startup and went to the vaio recovery console, and chose the recover complete system option.

It goes fine up until 95%, and then just goes no further. The CPU and battery light also turn off completely at this point, but the screen still stays on and I can move the mouse and such like.

There are no error messages or anything like that.

I've tried it 3 times now, and the same thing happens.

Does anyone know where I can go from here?

Thanks in advance!

A:Sony Vaio "restore complete system" cutting out at 95%

When doing a factory recovery you must have the laptop running on mains power, not battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-restore-complete-system-cutting-out-at-95.1005797/
Relevancy 88.58%

Sat watching SkyGo and the screen freezes I couldn't click anything or restart the computer I powered down and when I turned it on I get a black screen with operating system not found I have read a few threads with support but I am really struggling to follow them A few bit of information that will help though from what I have read I don't have a windows disk it came already installed I have downloaded partition wizard bootable CD as suggested in another thread but not Vaio Black screen- "operating system Sony found" VPCEH I don't know how to boot it up on my broken machine The disk doesn't read I still get the black screen I'm resigned to the fact that I will probably lose all my data and need a new hard drive but I'm willing to try everything and anything before going down that route as I really can't afford to buy anything for a month or so and my laptop is essential to my job Please help and be as condescending and patronising as possible I'm not ashamed to admit I'm way out of my depth here Thanks

A:Black screen- "operating system not found" Sony Vaio VPCEH

Oh and when I f2 it on start up the screen says Hard Disk Drive- None

Has it completely gone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320817-black-screen-operating-system-not-found-sony-vaio-vpceh.html
Relevancy 88.58%

My friend's hard drive in his Sony EMERGENCY- Found" Sony Not Vaio System "Operating (friend's drive!) Vaio was riddled with viruses malware rootkits you name it I just had this hard drive in amp out of my rig for the past couple days I got it all set up fine albeit with Win XP MCE only installed my ethernet driver and was all set to put it back in his laptop This happened once amp I figured it was a glitch so I took it back out into the rig redid all I'd done and took a system image of the drive Now I've put it back in the laptop and AGAIN-- Vaio logo then straight to black screen quot Operating System Not Found quot I promised him an absolutely no-cost no-risk wipe in exchange for him getting me a job and now this Physically the drive is fine It passed a disk EMERGENCY- Sony Vaio "Operating System Not Found" (friend's drive!) check yesterday and no clicking ever The optical drive won't read my Dell EMERGENCY- Sony Vaio "Operating System Not Found" (friend's drive!) OEM Win XP MCE disc so I popped in my Win disc to at least do a startup repair It reports no operating EMERGENCY- Sony Vaio "Operating System Not Found" (friend's drive!) systems installed but is that just cuz there's no win installed I'm copying that system image over to my external to try that right now Can I use the system image of XP with the disc AND WHAT ELSE CAN I DO

A:EMERGENCY- Sony Vaio "Operating System Not Found" (friend's drive!)

Your friend's computer came to you what OS installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/190454-emergency-sony-vaio-operating-system-not-found-friends-drive.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://www.computing.net/office/wwwboard/forum/1130.html

Not sure if that will work for you or not........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157688/
Relevancy 88.58%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157688

Please post only once. Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157690/
Relevancy 88.58%

This is a client's pc.SONY VAIO All In One VPCL21AFX/B
recvd a "Operating System Not Found" error msg when starting after normal shutdown
rebooted w/o external devices, same error
F8 didn't work
F12 put it into a Sony repair menu Esc'd out to Win menu
Command Line "bootrec.exe /fixmbr" - successful
reboot "Operating System Not Found" error
ran Sony Data Rescue to save data files on external drive and got nothing but empty directories
pulled HD and looked at it as an external on another machine - there are no data files
???
the Sony recovery utility will restore a factory load but delete all data
Where did the data files go? They were all there the night before.

A:Sony Vaio Win7 "Operating System Not Found" - missing data files

Is the HD detected in BIOS setup?

Try running a few Startup Repairs from DVD or Repair CD, which automate all repair commands, tests and fixes.

To take a look at the state of the partitions use Partition Wizard bootable CD.
Post back a camera snap if possible so we can look it over. You can scan for missing partitions using Partition Wizard Partition Recovery Wizard - Video Help. I would also run
Partition Wizard Check File System and Partition Wizard Partition surface test to check HD condition.

You can rescue files as shown in Step 3 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 then get the superior Clean Reinstall without the factory bloatware which is the worst possible Win7 install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280758-sony-vaio-win7-operating-system-not-found-missing-data-files.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello there I have a sony vaio VPC-CW FG laptop My hard disk crashed recently so I bought a new hard disk Seagate ST LT which is based on advanced format k sectors The problem is that whenever I try to recover my system using recovery DVDs an error pops up quot Windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware quot After researching a bit I found and successfully verified the st error the article http support microsoft com kb with my problem However the second " recovery Problem "Windows - can't setup vaio Sony verifying instruction does not appear there is no such line in my system As far as correcting methods are concerned The problem is that the second method does not applies to my system because the bios does not show any such option and I'm not sure how to apply the first method Please guide me step wise how do I install drivers when I can't boot into my computer Is there a way I can do that from linux liveUSB I don't have any windows installation DVD Please Sony vaio recovery Problem - "Windows setup can't " help

A:Sony vaio recovery Problem - "Windows setup can't "

Here are the attachments referred in the microsoft support article

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/207885-sony-vaio-recovery-problem-windows-setup-cant.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Newly purchased Laptop with windows 8.1 OS preinstalled. We have successfully added this system to domain. While accessing the application after logging into the domain with Domain Credential, we found below attached error where  user is having local
admin previledges and  the UAC disabled.

A:"This application can't open" --- There is a problem with " application name" . Contact your system administrator about reparing or reinstalling it

Hi,
Firstly, please enable UAC and restart your computer to test if this problem resolved.
If problem persists, try to use APP troubleshooter to check APP problem, if there is any reports, please feel free let us know.
Windows App troubleshooter:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=268423

Roger Lu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e9c1304-0a8c-49c5-acb3-0d1b41462365/quotthis-application-cant-openquot-there-is-a-problem-with-quot-application-namequot-?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello All A friend of mine gave me a few computers- because his office was upgrading all of their systems- I reformatted many of them and installed windows me they are too slow to support xp but I am having a problem with one Originally it had windows pro as the os I didn t have the password to log-into the computer So I ran fdisk formatted the hard drive then tried to continue" OS key then remove system Installation: to any "invalid press disk, install the new os but I keep getting the error message upon booting that quot invalid system disk remove then press any key to continue quot I thought the cd-rom was bad so I replaced it I changed the boot sequence used a floppy to boot OS Installation: "invalid system disk, remove then press any key to continue" even got the hard drive manufacturer s utility program to prep the drive for the os but even that doesn t work Am I missing something Does the fact that I didn t have the password to enter the computer have anything to do with this I used this same method for installing me on all the other systems and they are fine but this one is an issue Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

A:OS Installation: "invalid system disk, remove then press any key to continue"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-installation-invalid-system-disk-remove-then-press-any-key-to-continue.388778/
Relevancy 84.71%

Eventual goal Windows Linux dual boot Intermediate goal Clean install Windows upgrade Skip installation "System Options - or at Create at to Reserved" 200MB from Vista using a pre-SP Upgrade disk or a Digital River iso with SP I have been reading for days but these questions remain concerning System Reserved partition Will the Windows Installer accept and use a MB System Reserved partition that I myself create at the start of Installation using the diskpart utility - but which it normally seeks "System Reserved" - Options to Skip at installation or Create at 200MB to create on its own I understand that the quot select Language quot installation step is where to do this I will pre-designate it as an active MB NTFS partition with a System Reserved label I want it to be MB instead of the standard MB just to be cautious To try to compel acceptance of this configuration I will create a second NTFS partition over all remaining space and which will be shrunk later very soon to make space for Linux Mint - Is it an error to pre-designate this as quot Active quot with diskpart I saw one comment that the Windows seeks to make quot the first active partition quot as the System Reserved partition - Will pre-designation as quot active quot cause any dangers at next boot up process If I don't pre-label it as quot active quot I worry that the Windows installer might not pick it up as the System Reserved partition ALTERNATE OPTION Single C partition for Windows no SysRsrvd If I forego creation of the System Reserved partition -- by using diskpart to create one single NTFS partition over entire disk at the start of Installation -- can a Windows Linux dual-boot system be successfully configured on a system where the boot files are present on the C drive Windows - What might be the boot load Win or Linux Grub etc issues or problems I would meet with a quot single partition quot Windows OS - Is it better to have a System Reserved partition present on a dual boot system

A:"System Reserved" - Options to Skip at installation or Create at 200MB

If you create 200mb sys reserved, mark it active and 7 will install boot critical files to it.

Quote:
Is it better to have a System Reserved partition present on a dual boot system?

No, it doesn't matter.

Quote:
can a Windows/Linux dual-boot system be successfully configured on a system where the boot files are present on the C:/ drive (Windows)?

Yes

Quote:
What might be the boot load (Win or Linux Grub, etc.) issues or problems I would meet with a "single partition" Windows OS?

None. You can let grub2 install to mbr and use the grub boot menu to control evrything, or you can install grub2 to the linux partition, then add it to windows boot menu (That is what I do, but just slightly complicated).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/303211-system-reserved-options-skip-installation-create-200mb.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi i recently built a computer with an abit an- mobo a gb maxtor hdd mb of ram and a radeon anyway I was booting up for the first time with the OS winxp home in the cdrom rom drive everything was going peachy until it System" Operating finished But "Error Xp - Loading never installation came to formatting the hard drive it took about an hour or so but when it was complete an error came up saying that it was unsuccsessful and the disk may be damaged i then tried a quot quick format quot and then the setup decided that the disk wasnt "Error Loading Operating System" - But Xp never finished installation inserted into the cdrom drive giving up i quit setup and rebooted on the next cycle on startup a message quot error loading operating system quot popped up and now wont go away what can i do to stop this and what can i do next time to make setup sucessful Thanks alot any input it much appreciated i have found similar posts but all of them are problems happening after winxp was installed from friends input it seems my hard drive needs to be reformatted but i cant get to it anyway ive tried to boot dos fdisk and maxpower from the cdrom drive but to no preveil once "Error Loading Operating System" - But Xp never finished installation again any input is really appreciated ime a real noob and am probably missing something stupid John

A:"Error Loading Operating System" - But Xp never finished installation

Hi

I would be inclined to download the diagnostic software from the maxtor site and zero the disc and check it over for faults and then use the 'install disc' option within that software and start again with XP - if the disc checks out OK that is.

Peter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-but-xp-never-finished-installation-50321.html
Relevancy 84.71%

OK this is not really a start up or boot problem only an annoyance so i boot from the not in vista recovery option" listed installation "system windows installation dvd vista loads i choose the quot repair your computer quot option the quot system recovery option quot appears and the problem is my vista home premium is not listed there so basically i can't select an installation to repair if vista installation not listed in "system recovery option" i needed to i only have one OS i notice that at the bottom of the box it says quot if you do not see your operating system listed click load drivers to load drivers for you hard disks quot do i need to load a driver for my hard drive or something or what drivers is that referring to any knowledgeable mind to explain what that means what could be casing this problem about my vista installation not listing my system works just fine I'm just concerned why vista is not listed in the quot system recovery option quot thanks vista installation not listed in "system recovery option" for any help

A:vista installation not listed in "system recovery option"

Hello Gothnezz,

I believe you are referring to step 5 in the tutorial below. If so, then you can just go ahead and click on Next to continue anyway.

System Recovery Options

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261162-vista-installation-not-listed-system-recovery-option.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi there I don't know if anyone out there has had this similar problem I bought a new hard drive began to install windows xp unfortunately I hadn't realised that the New "Error Installation operating system" loading - [SOLVED] power socket for the hard drive was plugged into the slave socket of [SOLVED] "Error loading operating system" - New Installation my standby saver and it switched off as the setup was beginning [SOLVED] "Error loading operating system" - New Installation the formatting section [SOLVED] "Error loading operating system" - New Installation of the windows xp install I rebooted the hard drive and now all that appears in an error saying quot Error loading operating system quot AHHHHHHHHH I have tried to reboot with the windows disc in the hard drive and also tried installing the disc when the error message appears NOTHING I have went onto a couple of other forum sites and it looks as though I may have to change the BIOS but some others say do not do this unless all else fails I have been directed to the techsupportforum as I have been told that if anyone knows it will be on this forum site PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help I am at my wits end and don't know what to do now I forgot to mention on boot up my MSI motherboard goes through the motions them almost immediately the error message appears

A:[SOLVED] "Error loading operating system" - New Installation

clear the drive with killdisk

then format and install

http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-and-quot-error-loading-operating-system-and-quot-new-installation-473736.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello,

I just bought myself new HW and a new SSD for my computer, and I also installed a fresh Windows 7 on the new SSD. I put my old HDD with Vista on D: and copied a couple of documents over to "my documents" folder to my C: drive + a couple of other files.

I am now cleaning up my D: drive to get rid of all the Vista files which I don't need any more, and I have stumbled over "System volume information" folder. This folder was last modified at the date I installed Windows 7 (5 days ago). Can I just remove this folder without any repercussion?

A:"System volume information" folder on my old Vista installation

It's actually a part of System Restore; the tool that allows you to set points in time to roll back your computer. The System Volume Information folder is where OS stores these points and associated information that makes them accessible.
If you're not using System Restore feature, you can delete it. I recommend you to keep it untouched.
Fore more information, refer here:
Tips Fixes & FAQs
Take Care

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210772-system-volume-information-folder-my-old-vista-installation.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have been trying to install a particular debt amortization program with suffix msi I keep getting quot system administrator quot message when trying to install Running windows VISTA Per other threads downloaded HijackThis log as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe installation." this Administrator policies "System set to Help! has prevent C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security is tray exe C Program Files AVG AVG "System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." Help! avgtray exe C Program "System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." Help! Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WG v exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Live OfficeLiveSignIn exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www nationallife com FormsAuthAD logon aspx R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system Userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dl... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-administrator-has-set-policies-to-prevent-this-installation-help.912312/
Relevancy 84.28%

Its been a long night trying to install my C All in one printer I managed to install the Scaner but NOT the printer I get that error after installing the drivers I ve tried to check what the log file says no luck Is there anyone out there that can check my log file Thnx x Selected driver installs from section the System Error from find Installation file specified" cannot "The hpoc GPD "The System cannot find the file specified" Error from Installation NT in c windows system driverstore filerepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf dvi Set selected driver complete inf SetupCopyOEMInf C Windows INF oem inf inf Opened PNF C Windows INF oem inf strings lt src oempath gt inf Failed to Catalog - error ignored inf Error The "The System cannot find the file specified" Error from Installation system cannot find the file specified inf SetupCopyOEMInf exit x inf Opened PNF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt dvi Selected driver installs from section hpoc GPD NT in c windows system driverstore filerepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf dvi Set selected driver complete dvi Plug and Play Service Device Install for USBPRINT HPPHOTOSMART C SERIES amp D A B amp amp USB ump Creating Install Process DrvInst exe ndv Infpath C Windows INF oem inf ndv DriverNodeName hpoaioa inf HP NT hpoc GPD NT usbprint hpphotosmart c s ndv DriverStorepath C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf ndv Building driver list from driver node strong name inf Opened PNF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt dvi Selected driver installs from section hpoc GPD NT in c windows system driverstore filerepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf dvi Set selected driver complete ndv Core Device Install inf Opened PNF C Windows INF oem inf strings lt src oempath gt pol Device installation is subject to policy dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL dvi Using exported function ClassInstall in module C Windows system ntprint dll dvi Class installer ntprint dll ClassInstall dvi No CoInstallers found dvi Class installer Enter dvi Class installer Exit dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL - exit xe e ndv Installing files dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICEFILES dvi Class installer Enter inf Opened INF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt inf Opened INF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt inf AddReg REG INFO hpoaioa inf line dvi Class installer failed x dvi Error The system cannot find the file specified dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICEFILES - exit x ndv Device install status x ndv Performing device install final cleanup ndv Queueing up error report since device installation failed ndv Core Device Install - exit x dvi DIF DESTROYPRIVATEDATA dvi Class installer Enter dvi Class installer Exit dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF DESTROYPRIVATEDATA - exit xe e ump Server install process exited with code x ump Plug and Play Service Device Install exit ndv Device Install failed for new device installing NULL driver dvi Plug and Play Service Device Install for USBPRINT HPPHOTOSMART C SERIES amp D A B amp amp USB ump Creating Install Process DrvInst exe ndv Installing NULL driver dvi Set selected driver complete pol Device installation is subject to policy dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL dvi No class installer for HPPhotosmart C series dvi No CoInstallers found dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL - exit xe e dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICE dvi No class installer for HPPhotosmart C series dvi Default installer Enter dvi Installing NULL driver dvi Writing common driver property settings dvi Restarting Devices dvi Restart USBPRINT HPPHOTOSMART C SERIES amp D A B amp amp USB dvi Restarting Devices exit dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICE - exit... Read more

A:"The System cannot find the file specified" Error from Installation

I've always found this to be one of the most annoying problems you can get.

Try copying the driver files from the CD (or the entire CD) to a folder on your hard drive and install from there. Before you attempt the install make sure the printer is NOT plugged in to the computer - the setup program should prompt you to connect it. I've found this to be a very important step as the drivers won't install properly otherwise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified-error-from-installation.775889/
Relevancy 84.28%

Ok so i am trying to install windows X onto a different hard drive as windows so Windows 8 installation"System a could not Help??? partition..." create i can switch between the two at startup Ok so my problems started yesterday when trying to install windows onto the Hard Drive i was getting quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk The selected disk has an MBR partition table On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GPT disks quot To fix this i converted the disk to a GPT disk in Disk ManagerNow im getting the Error quot Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an Windows 8 installation"System could not create a partition..." Help??? existing system partition See the setup log files for more Information quot And i have no idea how to get around the problem Here is a screenshot of disk manager at the moment I am trying to install Windows to Windows 8 installation"System could not create a partition..." Help??? Disk All help is appreciated Thank you in advance P s if i missed any info you need just ask

A:Windows 8 installation"System could not create a partition..." Help???

ok i figured out all i needed to do was to leave the space unallocated.
Once i did that it gave me a warning in the installation and then asked if i wanted to continue. i pressed continue installation and it started installing windows 8 CP.

Although im having a new problem now. After the installation it restarted and started windows 7 and i cant seem to get to windows 8?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4400-windows-8-installation-system-could-not-create-partition-help.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I am trying to install several programs, most of which are msi installers, and I get the same error every installation. the error reads "the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" I Googled the message and found only 2009 stuff regarding preinstalled OSes and removing preinstalled junk programs, but this is a full install from a Windows 7 DVD and a few installers from the internet and Windows 7 forums. I am the administrator and the ONLY user of the computer. There is NO "run as administrator" on any of these installers so I cannot tell it to do so.

Please help me fix.

A:"the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

There are two kind of setup files for programs. a .MSI and a Setup.exe. An MSI is a Windows Installer database. Windows Installer (a service installed with Windows) uses this to install software on your system (i.e. copy files, set registry values, etc...) This is run when you use a Windows installer like Setup.exe
setup.exe may either be a bootstrapper or a non-msi installer. A non-msi installer will extract the installation resources from itself and manage their installation directly. A bootstrapper will contain an MSI instead of individual files. In this case, the setup.exe will call Windows Installer to install the MSI. Always look for Setup.exe to install a program.
What program or App are you trying to install from a Windows 7 DVD? What installers are your trying to install?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-system-administrator-has-set-policies-to-prevent-this-installation-980338.html
Relevancy 84.28%

nvm, once again i have forgotten to read something and solved it on my own. lock please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-vegas-installation.810901/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi everyone, when i try to install the 3DSMAX 9.0 trial i get an error that looks like this. If anyone can help me find a way to make it work it owuld be greatly appreciated.

A:Sony Vegas 9.0 installation error

Several comments about your problem.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=558778

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vegas-9-0-installation-error.588264/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello everyone I downloaded the Sony Vegas Pro trail from the Sony Vegas homepage but I can t install it I ll go into some more details what is happening I click the exe file and the files are extracted A choose language window Pro 9 Vegas problems! Sony installation appears I chose English Afterwards I Sony Vegas Pro 9 installation problems! come to Sony Vegas Pro 9 installation problems! a quot Welcome to the Sony Vegas Pro software installation quot window I click next to continue I agree with the End-user License Agreement I verify the installation path c Programs Sony Vegas Pro Ready to Install window I Sony Vegas Pro 9 installation problems! press next A bar starts filling up and fills up once then fills up maybe and then stops it says it s copying new files The error quot Source file not found C Documents and Settings David Lokala inst llningar Temp SonyInstall ac plug cab Verify that the file exists and that you can access it I can choose Retry which just brings me back to the error message or Cancel which cancels the whole installation I ve checked the C Documents and Settings David Lokala inst llningar directory and there s no Temp folder there I ve cleaned out all my temp files but that didn t work either I ve also run the exe file as administrator but no luck nbsp

A:Sony Vegas Pro 9 installation problems!

hi have you had the trial before??
if not
run a disc cleaner , then a registry cleaner, check start up as well that its not in there
check C drive and delete the file in programme files if its there
suggest also installing latest net framework http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en

http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

free version, install, run, then use tools for reg clean etc, re boot and try to install sony again

( if on free version iobit says pls pay to repair these things just click red top left box and ignore it) and carry on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vegas-pro-9-installation-problems.934878/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi, I'm running Windows 7 and get this message for every update/install/repair I do:

"This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator"

After som research I came across this solution:

"Browse the registry to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer Create: DisableMSI Type: REG_DWORD value = 0 "

Other W7 users seemed happy with this solution but I can't seem to find a folder named "installer" on this path!?

Any help would be greatly apreciated!

A:Installation forbidden by "system policy" - why?

If you're in a work environment the system admin probably set it up like that for there own protection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/258816-installation-forbidden-system-policy-why.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello, I've been noticing this over the years. When Daylight Saving Time occurs (whichever one, moving the clock forward 1 hour or moving it backward 1 hour), ALL my files' "Date Modified" detail move forward or backward 1 hour.

For example, I have a document file called asdf.docx and its Date Modified detail is: 9/26/2015 4:00 PM
When Daylight Saving Time comes around to move the clock forward 1 hour, that file's Date Modified is now 9/26/2015 5:00 PM. That's not correct, it should stay at 4:00 PM. What the hell is happening?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75364-daylight-saving-time-messes-date-modified-detail.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I just installed Windows 7 (Pro 64bit) on my desktop and ran W.E.T. to transfer my files from my Vista installation. The files have maintained their modified date/timestamp, but the folders' modified-date have all been reset to the current date (actually not quite all of them - empty folders have retained their original date - ?!?)

This would be a serious problem for me as I almost always sort folders by modified date to determine which ones are newest and most relevant. Is there a way to make Easy Transfer keep the original date on folders as well as files?

thanks for any help you can offer...

A:"easy transfer" resets folder modified date

Welcome
Have not heard that one before.

Just guessing,now.
Go to a folder
Right click
Restore previous version

Make sure the original is backed up, just in case
Dont know of a way to make Easy Transfer change behaviour. Be careful with easy transfer, it has been known not to be reliable. Be sure you back up before transfers.
Good Luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/124982-easy-transfer-resets-folder-modified-date.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Every disk and/ or folder when I tick sort by name-ascending the damn thing reverts to date modified-descending if I leave said disk or folder and return. I tried "Enable_Auto_Arrange_in_File_Explorer.bat" and "Reset_Folder_View_Settings_of_All_Folders_to_Default.bat" courtesy of Brink to no avail.

Is there a way to get file explorer back to default sort (by name-ascending) for all disks, folders and sub-folders at once?

It was all fine last week and I've no recollection of playing with any settings. Very frustrating.
Thank You.

A:File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

Solved by reinstalling. Pity but also got rid of a lot of rubbish.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38811-file-explorer-sort-reverts-date-modified.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I tried formatting my hard drive using the provided software from the company I bought the computer from, but it did not install correctly. Now there is no Windows or any files of Windows showing up on my hard drive whatsoever.

Whenever I pop in the Windows CD to try and repair or re-install, I get an error that states "Disk Boot Sector is to be modified! Press Y to continue, any key to abort" and once I do, it seems like the Windows options are about to come up, but then it just shuts down my computer. Any thoughts or possible fixes? I'm not sure of the correct location for this thread so I put it here. Thanks in advance!

A:ERROR: "Disk Boot Sector is to be modified! Press Y to continue" then crash?

I'd try a bootable hard drive diagnostic that's available from the support website of the manufacturer of your hard drive. That'll let you know if the hard drive is failing and we can move on from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-disk-boot-sector-is-to-be-modified-press-y-to-continue-then-crash-366003.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi,
I am hoping you can help me with my problem.
My main laptop (Sony Vaio VPCCB15FG) in the last week just stopped accessing the internet via WiFi.
It says it has Limited Acess but I have no idea how to fix it.

The other 3 computers in the house (Custom desktop, Toshiba Net book, Samsung Laptop) can all access the internet as normal.

It is only the Sony that is being problomatic.
It is also running rather slow for the spec so that may be related.

Please help! I am not super computer savy so please give simple instructions.

Cheers

GTNeil

A:Sony Vaio Laptop "stopped" connecting to WiFi connection " Limited acc

Hi,

My name is Riyaz and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I May be able to provide you with a Resolution. Please post the Specifications of this computer. Mainly the Wireless Card and the Type of Operating System your using.

Regards
Riyaz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236639-sony-vaio-laptop-stopped-connecting-wifi-connection-limited-acc.html
Relevancy 82.99%

So I have 2 folders on my desktop that I like to keep ordered by "date modified". So I go into the folder, sort it by "date modified", do my business, and exit the folder. After awhile, if I go back into said folder, it forgets that I ordered it by "date modified" and auto orders it by name instead. Is there any way I can keep all folders ordered by "date modified" without having them go back to another order after I close said folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399530-i-want-folders-stay-sorted-date-modified.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a folder, that within that folder, items are listed by date modified. Great, that's exactly what I want. But, I have one folder within that folder that I'd like to always be at the TOP of the view. The folders go back to 2013. Is there a way to manually change that one specific folder's modify date to xx-xx-2012 so it will always remain at the top?

I've already run the reg fix to turn off auto-arrange, so, I can manually drag it to the top of the folder, but, randomly every once in a while, it returns to it's "proper" place by date.

Thanks all!

R

A:manually manipulate "date modified" field?

This tool...
Home | Attribute Changer
...should do what you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/377976-manually-manipulate-date-modified-field.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Running 7x64 up to date.

I like to sort the contents of some folders by "Date Modified," But, I'd also like certain items within that folder to appear in a different order than by date. Is it possible to manually modify the "Date Modified" information, so that the items I wish to appear in that specific order do so?

Thanks as always everyone!

Russell

A:How to manuallly edit "Date Modified" information?

Hello Russell,

I'm not sure that's possible, but if you like, you coud use the tutorial below to disable auto arrange to be able to arrange the files any order and/or position you like.

Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/242752-how-manuallly-edit-date-modified-information.html
Relevancy 82.99%

So I want to copy files from my PC to Android phone in the "Last Date Modified" sequence.

That is, the file in that folder was modified the first should get copied first.
Then the file that was modified second, should get copied second.

Is there any way to do this? Like with a tool or something?

A:Copy files in the "Last Date Modified" sequence

You could do it with powershell like this.

Code:
$items = (Get-ChildItem -Path "Rootfilepath" -Recurse | Sort LastWriteTime)
foreach($item in $items)
{
Copy-Item $item.FullName -Destination "Directory you want to copy to"
}

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/67611-copy-files-last-date-modified-sequence.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello, I remember the time when moving or copying folders to different locations used to keep their "Date Modified" detail exactly the same as the original, yet now when I move or copy a folder to a different location, the Date Modified is updated to the date and time that I moved/copied it. Why has this happened? What fix can I do to keep that "Date Modified" detail to be the same exact as the original?
"Date Created" is supposed to apply the new date and time, Not "Date Modified".

Help me fix this. Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74776-date-modified-when-copying-moving-folders.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I am a PC user. I am new to Windows Vista this year and was opening some old documents that I had transfered onto my new laptop when I noticed that every time I open a document, the "date modified" automatically updates and changes the file properties. I do not want this to occur. Is there any way I can change this setting? I only want the date modified to change when I actually make a modification to the document. Thank you.

A:How to stop "date modified" from automatically changing

What program do you use to open the documents?
I don't think anything in Vista or word will do this automatically, unless you do indeed modify the doc.
Have you perhaps been using one of the numerous "Tuning" programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-stop-date-modified-from-automatically-changing.669796/
Relevancy 82.99%

I spent some time searching the forums but did not find any post that answered my question so I am starting a new thread.

Windows Explorer is changing my original file's date when I do a drag-and-drop copy operation. I would like to know how I can tell Win7 to not change the original file date.

A:"Date Modified" changes on original file when copying

What problem is this causing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/88653-date-modified-changes-original-file-when-copying.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Just recently I've noticed an issue where the directory field quot Date Modified quot does not change after a copy paste overwrite using Overwrite "Date change Modified" doesn't after Windows Explorer Background Info To update images on several websites I've been simply overwriting the old image files and syncing via DreamWeaver I "Date Modified" doesn't change after Overwrite believe this method to update and preserve corresponding html links is a fairly standard practice in the industry So I won't go into much detail here The issue I'm running into is that my files are suddenly no longer syncing correctly after using this method for over yrs I believe it may be due to the quot Date Modified quot not updating correctly but I never really paid attention to it before this issue occurred the other day Here's the scenario New Image files are created using Adobe InDesign and saved to a networked drive Note Because these tend to be recurring themes designs I create multiple files at once so they have nearly the exact same Created amp Modified dates to start with I open the image PNG with Windows Photo Viewer gt File gt Make a Copy gt browse to my website folder and save over the old image Note warning dialogue clearly pops up asking me for the OK to overwrite the old file At this point I have successfully overwritten the old image I can open it to view the new content and until recently sync it to my remote folder with no issues However the other day I noticed that even though I could open to see the new content the thumbnail was displaying the old content and the modified date was not the current time day even though i had just overwritten it Same issue happens when I Copy Paste Overwrite After testing the copy paste function save as and make a copy functions I noticed that this issue is the same across the board for all files types The modified date doesn't seem to update to the current time day on the overwritten file It seems to maintain the original modified date from the copied file Since the modified date is seemingly unchanged or older than the original DreamWeaver doesn't recognize that the local and remote files are out of sync or newer and ignores it I understand the Created Date carrying over or remaining the same but why doesn't the modified date change when it's overwritten Am I missing something Is this normal I hope I explained this well enough I could really use the help right now Thanks G

A:"Date Modified" doesn't change after Overwrite

Any ideas? I'm pissing in the wind over here

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347531-date-modified-doesnt-change-after-overwrite.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Everyone to post OS "IDE" from mode installation XP change How to "AHCI" Here I am going to descibe how to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don't reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation-705170.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Everyone Here I post OS to "AHCI" installation "IDE" XP to How mode change from am going to descibe how How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don t reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation.1106746/
Relevancy 82.56%

In Resource Monitor there is this category Modified the intrigues me. Does anybody know what that is.

A:Category "Modified" in Resource Monitor

Quote:
Memory whose contents must be [written] to disk before it can be used for another purpose.

Take advantage of tools to monitor memory usage in Windows 7 | Microsoft Windows | TechRepublic.com

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/45996-category-modified-resource-monitor.html
Relevancy 82.56%

In XP's search feature you could search for modified files by date. This was useful if you wanted to know daily what programs were modifying other files. It was a great tool to use to spy on the inner workings of other programs. Sometimes it would help you find malicious software when you saw things getting modified that should not get modified.

How do you do this in Windows 7?

A:How do you search for " Modified files" in windows 7?

I use a third party software called xplorer2, which allows you to search for modified date for last couple of days or more. In the result pane sort them with modified date. This file explorer replacement also has a folder flatten command which displays all the files in a scrap frame, which you may sort with modified dates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/240111-how-do-you-search-modified-files-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 82.56%

For no reason that I could discern, Windows has started automatically sorting my folders by "date modified" rather than alphabetically -- but ONLY in the "browse for file" window that comes up when you do File-->Open... in any given program. My folders as viewed in explorer windows are fine, just as I left them. But now every time I open files from within a program, I have to right-click and "sort by name" before being able to find anything. Does anyone know how I can change this setting?

A:Solved: Windows keeps sorting by "modified"

Restore Sort order in Open and Save dialogs
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_opensaveorder.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-keeps-sorting-by-modified.713097/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello, windows 8 community. I recently purchased a windows 8 PC, and it has worked well enough so far. however, as of late, I have encountered many error messages citing a shortage of memory, and after a short investigation, I determined that almost half of my RAM is shown as "Modified" in the task manager performance tab, stating that it must be saved to disk before it can be used. I captured the attached image to illustrate. I would like some assistance in remedying this problem, as it has brought my computer to it's knees, constantly causing programs to crash and files and pages to fail to load.

A:Almost 50% of RAM marked as "modified", frequent errors.

It appears you have a memory leak. This is indicated by the very high Committed value. Select the Details tab in Task Manager and add the Commit Size column. See which process is responsible. Checking memory usage of processes will not be very meaningful for this kind of problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/26067-almost-50-ram-marked-modified-frequent-errors.html
Relevancy 82.56%

hi! i have a problem with pdf-files. i have acrobat pro.
(file/properties/additional metadata/advanced)

i need to change: "created/modified/application/pdf producer"
could someone please tell me how?
thanks

screenshot:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2q0t24z.png

i?ve tried advanced pdf tools v2.0 but i guess i have a "bug" in it because it wont work every time i?m using it. i?m getting tired of it...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-created-modified-in-pdf-files-633934.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have an issue when copying files to my USB hard disk from my USB camcorder When the two are connected to my XP machine the quot Date modified is modified" in not "Date preserved Explorer quot in Explorer is preserved When the two are connected to my Vista machine the quot Date Modified quot in Explorer is set to the time of the copy OS Vista Home Premium bit I "Date modified" in Explorer is not preserved have ticked every quot date quot in Explorer and none of them "Date modified" in Explorer is not preserved are the original one from the Camcorder Here are the results "Date modified" in Explorer is not preserved of a recent example XP Camcorder date dd mm ccyy Date Date Accessed Date acquired blank Date archived blank date completed blank Date created Date last saved Date modified Date received blank Date released blank Date sent blank Date taken blank Date visited blank Second related issue What is doubly annoying is the the file names use to and A to F I'm OK with this but again explorer both XP and Vista put A to F before to when I sort by file name e g MOV A -- snip -- MOV F MOV -- snip -- MOV IS there a way to specify the sort so it goes to and the A to F

A:"Date modified" in Explorer is not preserved

For the sort order, put a zero in front of the numbers 1-9.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295322-date-modified-explorer-not-preserved.html
Relevancy 82.56%

XP used to have several choices of date modified times - such as 'Recently',' Last Month' etc.

I only have 'Earlier this year' and 'A long time ago'.

This is not helpful! Is it possible to change these very limited options to give a clearer idea of how old the files are?

A:How to change "Date modified" in folders

Hello guybc,

If you like you could enable the "last access timestamp" to have more updated file and folder details.

Last Access Timestamp - Enable or Disable in Windows

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/252731-how-change-date-modified-folders.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have just installed Windows 8 Pro onto an existing Windows 7 Pro drive allowing dual boot. The problem is whenever Windows 8 is running I hear a sound every now and then. The sound is the "close program" default sound "ring07.wav.

Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Thanks.

A:Windows 8 Installation Problem with "Close Program" Sound

You could turn the sound off.
Finding the programs shutting off might be difficult.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25787-windows-8-installation-problem-close-program-sound.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Immediately after purchasing an GB USB flash drive with the intention of running portable applications off it on the Installation for portable on USB apps problem "memory stick" various Windows XP machines I have to use I had Installation problem for portable apps on USB "memory stick" installed the Portable Apps Base http portableapps com suite and then through it several applications including OpenOffice Portable Firefox portable and Tucan Portable Probably after using the drive on one of my office computers some files and folders seemed to become corrupted After trying unsuccessfully to delete mysterious un-openable files with special characters in their names that appeared seemingly from nowhere I formated the drive After formating I was able to copy data and music files from my computer s hard drive to the flash drive correctly However I am now unable to properly re-install the PortableApps Base program on the flash drive Thus the main purpose of buying it is defeated The PortableApps software does seem to install but when I double-click on the StartPortableApps exe icon on the flash drive F Software Portable StartPortableApps exe I get various error messages Sometimes the message says that only part of the read request could be executed and sometimes I get quot StartPortableApps exe has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I got the latter after scanning the drive with an antivirus no virus detected and then checking the drive for errors F - gt right clock - gt Properties - gt Tools - gt Error checking As a lay person my guess is that something necessary for properly installing the programs was lost when I formated the drive However I do not see why this should happen because the hard drive on my home computer has been formated more than once when it became infected but there was never any problem with installing software afterwards I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to install the software on the flash drive again Regards nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all Sorry to repeat a question I see a lot of instances of but none of those seem to be addressing my problem correctly I have not done anything new to my computer in recent days so this problem has caught me off guard I see most instances of this problem come after upgrading to Windows I have had Win installed for a while now Here is a summary of my problem My computer recently got stuck on the quot Starting Windows Screen quot So I manually held the power button to reboot On reboot it said there was a need to run a startup repair which I did Everything checked fine except for the Corrupted" Windows", is on Repair "Starting Stuck Shows Disk Volume "System on last one which said quot System Volume on Disk is Corrupted quot which it claimed to have successfully fixed After rebooting from repair the system gets stuck on quot Starting Windows Screen quot for a good - minutes after which it runs a registry check After it completes that I get hopeful -- but the screen then gets stuck on an all black screen with just the mouse cursor and nothing more Additional note Attempting to start the computer on quot safe mode quot leads Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" safe mode startup to become stalled Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" on quot DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS quot The lastest attempt to repair yielded this message quot Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature uknown quot AutoFailover Corrupt Volume OS Version Locale Id In need of help not sure where to start Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted"

Hi Stan, Hopefully I can help you out....or at least lead you in the right direction. From my experience, the symptoms you are suggesting sound like perhaps a dying Hard drive.

1. Do you have the windows 7 boot disks that came with your computer or when you bought the Operating System? If so, you could try and insert one of those and boot from it, and attempt to repair the installation. (this won't affect your data, only the windows system files).

2. If that doesn't fix it, you could try a fresh reinstall of windows 7, and see if that works.

3. If neither of those work, its likely that because of the fact that when windows is repairing itself, it is generally putting copies of its system files in the same physical location on your disk. Because your disk is obviously not completely dead, ie....its still loading to the windows 7 startup screen, its just copying files to the bad sectors on your hard drive and gets stuck when loading. This is especially my guess because you said Safe mode is having same problems, even after attempting to repair. In the past, I've tried and salvage a disk by reformatting it and only leaving on partitions which do not contain the bad clusters. This takes some time, and some guess work.....and really this is only a "bandaid" fix because once the disk has bad clusters, its only a matter of time before these things give out. You wouldn't want to trust your important data on it anyways....

I hope this leads you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-starting-windows-repair-shows-system-volume-on-disk-is-corrupted.1023059/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi

I am trying to re install my Windows 7, to do that I am using an 64bit, OEM Home Premium version from Microsoft website. After all files are loaded and I am starting installation I am getting this message: "No new devices could be found. Make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media."

My first thoughts was that installer is missing SATA drivers to my Motherboard so I downloaded them and tried to add from my memory stick during installation but it didn't help, I also tried to switch to IDE mode but it didn't work also. Latter I created bootable pendrive with Windows installation but got same error.

Don't know how to deal with that problem, please help.
Computer that I am working on is Asus G73SW-a1 laptop, please let me know if I need to post any additional information's.

Thanks!

A:Windows 7 OEM installation problem- "no new devices could be found..."

The SATA drivers are all in the WIn7 installer as long as you downloaded it intact and wrote to stick or burned to DVD correctly as given in Steps 1/2 from Clean Reinstall - OEM Windows 7. Read over all the other steps too to make sure you are prepared to get a perfect reinstall.

First enter BIOS setup to see if there is an EFI boot disk in BIOS Boot order. If so remove it and wipe the HD with Diskpart Clean Command first to change to MBR disk.

If not check for newer BIOS update, if none reset BIOS to defaults: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS.\

Unplug all other HD's then wipe the HD as given above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/259253-windows-7-oem-installation-problem-no-new-devices-could-found.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I got a new PC tonight custom-built from eBay and error" - problem read Installation "disk x64 I ve been attempting to install Vista Home Premium x for the last hours It supposedly had Vista pre-installed and was quot ready to run quot but the seller was obviously a liar Because when I turn it on this is what happens - a x64 Installation problem - "disk read error" Biostar T-series visual appears on the screen for a second I don t know what that is - it then goes to a command screen with Hardware Monitor and lots of CPU details it then says Verifying DMI Pool Data Boot from CD Press any key to boot from CD or DVD A disk read error occurred Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart If I do press a key before the disk read error message appears it does bring me to the Vista installation screen It then does install Vista but when it gets to the point where the system needs to reboot it just brings me back to the same command screen again I ve tried to format the hard drive and even attempted the system repair method it found no problems with the system startup apparently After I do the system repair process instead of quot A disk read error occurred quot I get quot BOOTMGR missing quot instead whatever that means At present the computer is unusable and I m kinda pissed off cause I ve wasted a whole night on this and will probably do the same tomorrow Any help would seriously be appreciated - thanks nbsp

A:x64 Installation problem - "disk read error"

Remove the DVD so the machine boots from the hard drive on the first reboot during installation. Or set the BIOS to boot from CD first and hard drive second.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/x64-installation-problem-disk-read-error.685786/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi sorry if this should be posted in a subforum or something couldn t quite find one Anyway i tried installing windows live messenger but i keep getting an error popup saying quot Couldn t install programs Use Windows Update to download the latest version of Windows Installer and then try again Error msi check x Next steps Your version of Windows Installer is out of date quot Google has not been very helpful except for this which is from yahoo answers If you got msn x Solved: Problem Installation MSN "msi_check: 0x80280002" error then there is a chance that your computer Solved: MSN Installation Problem "msi_check: 0x80280002" has registry problems To repair msn x error you need to follow the steps below Step - Download a Perfect Optimizer install this error repair tool Step - Click Solved: MSN Installation Problem "msi_check: 0x80280002" the Repair All Button It will scan you pc for Free Step - Then click the Repair All Button again and your done It is very easy to repair msn x error I m not sure if the advice is reliable having recently reformatted my computer In terms of the registry file i deleted a quot ncdrive quot file which prevented me from connecting to the net on firefox IE Both browsers are working now but i cannot install msn Please help me Cheers Kim nbsp

A:Solved: MSN Installation Problem "msi_check: 0x80280002"

Ok nvm, my computer is not working properly as "ncdrive32.exe" keeps popping up and preventing my internet access but that's another matter.

As for msn, i installed window updates from: http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/splash.aspx?ln=en-us&page=8 and now i have successfully installed windows live.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-msn-installation-problem-msi_check-0x80280002.866080/
Relevancy 80.84%

Good Morning I would like to introduce "Incomplete" NO DESKTOP Files ? up & RESTORE Temp after "Strange" & SYSTEM booting ? myself I am new to the forum Should I address an issue inappropriately kindly alert me Most recently I have experienced multiple PC issues Recently I performed a System Recovery and encountered the following Cannot perform a SYSTEM RESTORE The message is Restoration Incomplete Your computer cannot be restored quot When I booted up this morning and DID NOT HAVE A DESKTOP The screen was blank no Icons The items below are APPEARING IN MY TEMP FOLDER and are located at C DOCUME COMPAQ LOCALS Temp a tmp plus similar numbers b IswTmp c msohtmlclip d msohtmlclip I delete the above items through safe mode but they re-appear I am MOST CONCERNED ABOUT Items amp SYSTEM SPECIFICATION DESKTOP PC Windows XP SP HP Compaq Presario - Media Center Edition AMD Athlon m Processor X -Based PC - -bit package MOTHERBOARD Chipset - ATI RADEON XPRESS CHIPSET Version Build Processor If someone would give me some feedback I would appreciate it tremendously THANKS IN ADVANCE Kind regards AJ

A:NO DESKTOP after booting up & SYSTEM RESTORE "Incomplete" & "Strange" Temp Files

Usually when the machine has a "blank" desktop, the boot/startup process has been interupted or is frozen to before Explorer is launched.

You can launch Explorer manually be navigating C:\Windows and double-clicking "Explorer".

If successful, do the following:

Start>Run>(type) "msconfig" and turn off all non-MS services and all startups.

Then, Start>Run>(type) "cmd", and at the command prompt type "chkdsk /f" and schedule a chkdsk to run on next reboot.

Reboot system and report results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-desktop-after-booting-up-and-system-restore-incomplete-and-strange-temp-files-516065.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi Guys,

I'm on this forums and I hope I'm on the right section to post otherwise kindly move the thread . Anyway, I would just like to ask if someone of you here wondered how to change the default path of %userprofile% or C:\Users to D:\Userprofiles or any drive letter except for system drive.

If someone of you has the best know methods, kindly share it to us.

Thanks,
Krone

A:Modified "userprofile" path

Hello Krone, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to.

User Profile - Change Default Location

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/119512-modified-userprofile-path.html
Relevancy 80.84%

In folders with my mp3 music, I cannot arrange Icons By Modified. I used to be able to do this, but now I cannot. The options it's giving me are: Name, Size, Type, Artist, Album Title, Year, Track Number, Duration. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!!

A:How Do I "Arrange Icons By Modified?"

In your folder, click View > Choose Details; Check what you want shown, then apply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-arrange-icons-by-modified.456992/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello,

Is there a way to change the "Date Modified" when viewing a folder in "Details"?

Thanks

A:How to change the "Last Modified" date?

Found this link to a couple of useful utilities for doing this: How to Change the Last Modified Date, Creation Date, and Last Accessed Date for Files and Folders

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58363-how-change-last-modified-date.html
Relevancy 80.84%

All my files in "My Documents" sub folder have suddenly all changed the Date Modified to July 30, 11:09. It seems that other folders have not been affected. Can anyone tell me why this happened, if I can recover the correct dates and how to prevent it happening again. On July 30 the computer did appear to be running slowly, possible an automatic update. As I was not aware of this happening till 2 days later, I do not know the exact circumstances at 11:09.
Regards
Kevin

A:"Date Modified" changes spontaneously.

Run a full anti-virus scan and then a Malware Bytes Anti Malware scan to make sure you are not infected.

I don't know of any way to restore the dates unless you have a image backup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299410-date-modified-changes-spontaneously.html
Relevancy 80.84%

When copying a folder from one drive to another the Date Modified changes to the current date/time. I want to keep the original date/time, is this possible?

A:"Date Modified" changes when copying...

In a command window, run [xcopy] with the following switches: /s/e/c/a/k/h

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/80213-date-modified-changes-when-copying.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey everyone, i am having some problems with arranging my files by last modified. At the moment they are in tiles format and then when i try to arrange them by last modified....that option is not available. It use to be because thats what i have always arrange my files as. I have tried switching to different formats such as thumbails and icons but the open to rearrange by last modified still isn't available.
Here is a screenshot. Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advanced.

A:Can't arrange icons by "last modified"

open up windows explorer choose view then choose "choose details" then make sure "date modified" is checked off

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-arrange-icons-by-last-modified.592382/
Relevancy 80.84%

Ok this is making me mad now.

I am starting migration and my testers are still having problems.

Their pst files lock up and the "another workstation has modified it" error pops up

Before you head me off I know that pst's are not supposed to be stored in a network setting but I dont have a choice.

Is there A way to fix or work around this.

Does it have to do with roaming profiles?

If you start task mgr and end the outlook process it usually fixes the problem but the majority of my users cannot do this.

Please help me out guys.

Relevancy 80.84%

How would it be possible to (by default) show the "Date Modified" column in the Open Dialogue in Windows? I find myself making the same repetitive mousestrokes to make the column appear.

A:"Date Modified" by default

After you get the "Date Modified" in one folder, click "Tools" (in the same folder) > "Folder Options" > "View" > "Apply to All Folders" > "Yes" > then 'ok' out of the folder options. In the future all folders should open with the Date Modified tab showing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/date-modified-by-default-106524.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My mp3 folder is set on "details." In the past, if I clicked on "date created" and "date modified," the sort was accurate and there were no issues.

As my collection began to grow, I found that when I click on "date modified," it no longer completes an accurate sort. Sooner thereafter, clicking on "date created" would be accurate only for the first 20 or so songs.

How do I resolve this?

A:Problems With "Date Modified" and MP3's

Hi axb006

If you are using Windows Media Player, it has some behavior that affects this -- that you can change:

"Date Changes When Music Is Played In Windows Media Player"
http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jak...lay_music.html

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-date-modified-and-mp3s-145720.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have had this problem numerous times in the past where the installation proceeds "cannot installation device." specified" the "during find file the the of then ends with the messages During "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." the installation of the device The system cannot find the file specified and it goes into a detection loop HERE is the solution Windows XP has a bug that it cannot properly detect new hardware by inf "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." files if the RunOnce registry key "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." is missing for the following location HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion This key is often used by installers to execute post-reboot programs but sometimes they accidentally delete this key IMPORTANT This article contains information about modifying the registry Make sure that you understand how to backup and restore the registry in case a problem occurs Please read the linked Microsoft Knowledge Base article prior to editing the registry Go to Start Run and enter quot regedit quot Go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion With CurrentVersion Highlighted go to the Edit menu and select New Key Name the key RunOnce leaving everything else about the key alone The RunOnce key should now exist underneath the CurrentVersion key Once the key exists Windows XP stops redetecting the Hardware nbsp

A:"cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-the-file-specified-during-the-installation-of-the-device.235959/
Relevancy 80.41%

Using "System Performance" DCS reports some events are lost. To fix it, I need to increase buffer size but I can't do it because all parameters are disabled. 
When I create custom DCS with same trace (based on "Windows Kernel Trace" provider) I increase num of buffers and everything works fine.
How can I change it for "System Performance"?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fefd1b3-0229-4374-8691-6a3d594dc3ea/increase-buffer-size-for-quotnt-kernelquot-trace-in-quotsystem-performancequot-dcs?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 80.41%

hi every body
My PC has lots of files called "Thumbs.db" & "System volume information" in all its drives.I cant delete these files and I think the cause of shutting my pc down automatically and showing blue screen is these files.the operating system is win xp/sp2.
I don't know what to do with these and what anti virus will delete them.please help me.
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-that-has-files-called-thumbs-db-system-volum-information.970177/
Relevancy 80.41%

First off thank you for any assistance in advance Problem quot System Alert quot balloon in tray icon that will not go away and redirects me in IE to hxxp www virprotect com aff Using SpyBot Search amp Destroy and Ad-Aware SE I seem to have gotten rid of the problem of the Directs Trying Alert" That Balloon To "virprotect.com" Remove [SOLVED] To "System redirection of my home page as well as removed the trojan that caused all of this in the first place I think The pesky balloon however remains All pre-steps your forum recommeded have been completed Below are the logs your forum requests in advance please note that my DSS quot extra quot log file is attached PANDA ACTIVESCAN Incident Status Location Potentially unwanted tool application myglobalsearch Not disinfected c program files MyGlobalSearch Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected [SOLVED] Trying To Remove "System Alert" Balloon That Directs To "virprotect.com" C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Cookies compaq owner atdmt txt Spyware Cookie Tribalfusion Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Cookies compaq owner tribalfusion txt Hacktool HackTool KillProcWin A Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Local Settings Application Data Wildtangent Cdacache E dat simple killw exe Potentially unwanted tool Application KillApp B Not disinfected C hp bin KillIt exe Spyware Spyware PeoplePC Not disinfected C Program Files Online Services PeoplePC ISP Dll RAS DLL DSS MAIN Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Compaq Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Configured easy Internet sign-up - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McProxy McProxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system hpzipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C hp KBD kbd exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Common Files AOL EE AOLHostManager exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger Ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Co... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Trying To Remove "System Alert" Balloon That Directs To "virprotect.com"

Download SDFix from here and save it to your desktop.

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer

After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
Choose your usual account.

In Safe Mode, right click the SDFix.zip folder and choose Extract All,
Open the extracted folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
Type Y to begin the script.

It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
Press any Key and it will restart the PC.

Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.
When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.

Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).

Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum.

=========================================

This will help to identify malware on your system.
Please download Combofix from any of these locations:

Here
or
Here

Save ComboFix to the desktop and please ensure that you disable realtime security/virus programs that monitors your PC while CF is running.

1. Double click on combo.exe & follow the prompts.
2. When finished, it will produce a logfile located at C:\ComboFix.txt.
3. Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply with a new hijackthis log. Do not use Code or html unless asked for.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it is running. That may cause your system to stall/hang.

Caution...Never run and remove files using ComboFix without being supervised by a security analyst.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-trying-to-remove-system-alert-balloon-that-directs-to-virprotect-com-207199.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Dear Experts,

I have created windows image on Drive F: but delete it after some time manually due to some space prob.
But while backup shows about 40 GB only few GB space got free after deletion. When i try to again take the the backup using windows 7 backup & restore option, its still shows 35 Gb of System Image in drive F: when i brows the Manage Disc Space option but i cant find it on the same drive. (Plz see attached pic)
Plz help me to locate this and delete the same.

Thanks

A:Cant find "System Image" of 36 GB but its shows on "Manage Disc Space"

Hello sattyaji, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It may still be showing if the system image was created as part of a Windows backup. Using the tutorial below to reset Windows Backup should clear it for you, but you will need to set up your backup again afterwards.

Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/284067-cant-find-system-image-36-gb-but-its-shows-manage-disc-space.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have been getting these quot Bad Pool Header quot and quot System Service Exception quot BSODs for about a day now the quot Bad Pool BSODs Service Pool Random "System and Exception" Header" "Bad Header quot one tends to pop up more often then the other btw I ran a registry cleaner which didn't work and ran memtest this morning and it showed that my memory was fine The BSODs tend to occur more often when I am Random "Bad Pool Header" and "System Service Exception" BSODs playing a game or running some program that uses a bit more memory but it also happens when I am just on the internet On the other hand last night I did nothing but surf YouTube for hours and didn't get a BSOD at all However since then I haven't been able to do anything for more than minutes without being Random "Bad Pool Header" and "System Service Exception" BSODs in safe mode without it crashing and this morning it completely froze until I turned it off My OS is Windows Home Premium bit It came preinstalled from the manufacturer and unfortunately I do not have the install disc The entire laptop is less than years old and there have been no major hardware changes and I have never reinstalled the OS

A:Random "Bad Pool Header" and "System Service Exception" BSODs

UPDATE: Another BSOD just happened after I left the computer idle for a couple of hours except this one said something about Asdsm.sys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224813-random-bad-pool-header-system-service-exception-bsods.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have been getting these quot Bad Pool Header quot and quot System Service Exception quot BSODs for about a day now the quot Bad Pool Header quot one tends to pop up more often then the other btw I ran a registry cleaner which didn't work and ran memtest this morning and it showed that my memory was fine The BSODs tend to occur more often when I am playing a game or running some program that uses a bit more memory but it also happens when I am just on the internet On the other hand last night I did nothing but surf YouTube for hours and didn't get a BSOD at all However since then I haven't been able to do anything for more than minutes without being in safe mode without it crashing and this morning it completely froze until I turned it off My OS is Windows Random Service Exception" "Bad Pool BSODs "System and Header" Home Premium bit It came preinstalled from the manufacturer and unfortunately I do not have the install disc The entire laptop is less than years old and there have been no major hardware changes and I have never reinstalled the OS

A:Random "Bad Pool Header" and "System Service Exception" BSODs

UPDATE: Another BSOD just happened after I left the computer idle for a couple of hours except this one said something about Asdsm.sys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bad-pool-header-and-system-service-exception-bsods-640978.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Which one should I do? I originally wanted to just do "Return computer to factory condition" but Theog just suggested "Use A System Image Created Earlier." I have no idea what to do. So confusing!

A:"Return computer to factory condition" or "Use A System Image Crea..."

Hello M4TE and welcome to Seven Forums. Sorry for the delay in responding but I just came across your question.

Most newer manufactured computers have a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive. The manufacturer provides specific instructions on how to access that partition in case you want to restore your machine to the exact condition it was in when it left the factory. That means you'd have to go through the time consuming process of cleaning out factory bloatware (like free trials of programs you'll never need), installing programs you do need, updating everything, creating your personal settings, etc. Here is a general idea of how to access the hidden recovery partition.

HP Recovery From Partition

Let's say it took you a day or two to set up your machine to your liking using the hidden recovery partition. A System Image is like a snapshot of your entire hard drive. It will include everything from the operating system to all your programs, files, photos, music, all updates ... everything. Most folks keep it on a separate external hard drive. Let's say a week later you get a virus or your machine crashes for some reason. You can use that System Image to return your machine to the exact condition it was in when you made the image. Usually takes about 30 minutes or so and you're back in business. It's a lot faster and more convenient to only worry about a week of updates compared to probably months with the hidden recovery partition. The newer a System Image is the less you have to worry about.

But one caution: since a System Image is, for all purposes, an exact duplicate of the hard drive, it will also include any malware that may be on the machine. So if in doubt, it might be best to use the hidden recovery partition to start off with a clean slate and then make a System Image immediately following all customizing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/185899-return-computer-factory-condition-use-system-image-crea.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey My problem goes like this I am running windows xp sp on a toshiba A - it is supposed to be fully compatible installation "without" problem solution Tired of with Win by running the windows test and came preloaded with windows vista The only hardware changed is the harddrive a WD SATA Gb Scorpio Black I was trying to update to Win on all possible ways with the CD Tired of installation problem "without" solution USB and external drive and the problem is that the installation freezes at any time approximately minutes or less it could vary a little So I could not even move the mouse or press any combination of Keys After a lot of tries and quot fixes quot i discoverd that if I install wind from safe mode I could install it without the freeze the problem relies after the first restart when it comes back and says it could not continue on Safe mode so if I do not continue on safe mode it will Freeze again and everything is lost I already tried to disable all the drivers from safe mode but still seems like is not important and freezes as usually Also another issue is that i could not install windows vista it freezes as the installation I could only install Xp I have already format the disk in low level run memory test memtest but everything seems just fine no problems on the hard disk also by running tests and chkdsk r I know it is a long history but thanks for all your possible solutions

A:Tired of installation problem "without" solution

unplug ac cord, touch the pc's metal frame to dissipate static eletricity. leave a ram module in first slot, remove the rest, do windows install. unplug again and insert the ram modules--putting modules back in same slots they were removed from.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/tired-of-installation-problem-without-solution-533775.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Dear fellows After my windows went down for some period and I couldn't have it fixed Today I went to download a new version windows somehow I decided to format everything and when I went to the system disk at the first I tried to install the new windows into that disk (Custom Problem. 8 "Your PC Windows Installation) Needs.." but everytime I tried Windows 8 (Custom Installation) Problem. "Your PC Needs.." It always says quot No free space in this local Windows requires MB free space quot that system disk has had only the old version which was windows only installed in it Windows 8 (Custom Installation) Problem. "Your PC Needs.." So I decided to format it since it has nothing only more taken space now after I formatted it and continue'd the install suddenly PC got auto restarted Well at the first I thought that the installation was done and yeah the new windows started loading it self Windows 8 (Custom Installation) Problem. "Your PC Needs.." but after the startup load finished All what I could've seen is a black screen I Restarted my computer and now all what I can see is that quot Your PC needs to be repaired the boot confuring data is missing or it contains error quot NOTE I took this screenshot from google it's actually shows the same for my PC but with the windows format Any ideas

A:Windows 8 (Custom Installation) Problem. "Your PC Needs.."

Was it a Windows 8.1 ISO you downloaded and burned to DISK or USB, full retail version or upgrade and where did you download it from?

I also suggest you perform a hard disk diagnostic through the BIOS.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55683-windows-8-custom-installation-problem-your-pc-needs.html
Relevancy 79.98%

So it seems like a common problem when windows can't find the asms file during installation, I just built a computer, for the first time and i'm using a windows xp SP2 OEM disk, i can't get by this problem, the keyboard and mouse shut off when the problem appears, is there a way i can just cancel the installation and do a clean new installation, but i can't do the microsoft solution due to the fact that my keyboard and mouse are shut off while the problem happens. I have read it helps getting a new cd drive, i am using a old cd drive, i also read that using a different xp disk helps out. Any help would be nice, thanks.

A:Help with windows xp installation "Asms" problem. HELP!!

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Yes, it usually means that SETUP is not communicating with the CD-ROM drive. If you have tried to Microsoft "workaround" and still experience this issue try another cd-rom and/or Windows cd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-windows-xp-installation-asms-problem-help-140285.html
Relevancy 79.98%

The story goes that I managed to during installation" problem "A Solved: occurred contract a virus on my computer which caused a world of problems with the only sensible solution being to reformat and start a fresh and obviously take more precautions to stop the same happening again in the future Before I reformatted I wanted to back up all my music documents pictures etc so I moved all Solved: "A problem occurred during installation" of my essential files such as word documents and pictures onto an external USB gb hard drive but the problem I had was that I wanted to back up my music and for this I needed more space I decided that I would back this up on the second hard drive GB DiamondMax Plus installed on my computer which should be left alone during the clean install of the system I feel however that the virus may very well have made its way onto this internal hard drive as I shall now explain I unplugged the external hard drive from my computer leave the two remaining hard drives inside my computer and re-formatted and re-installed windows xp home edition Straight away after the install I realised that the virus was active because my system was showing the same symptoms as before Could not update antivirus spyware programs or visit their web pages to do a manual update also accessing the internal drives on my computer brought up an error which I cannot remember the name of I do know it involved lots of number though which I realise is probably little help The third symptom was that when doing a Google search and clicking on a link these links would open up in a new window and seemingly selectively either take me to my desired destination or just a random webpage Trying everything i could to get it working again I unplugged the hard drive with my backed up information on and Feeling that maybe the virus was in the boot sector the hard drive with the OS on I repaired that using the windows recovery console I then reformatted and re installed windows again and it worked fine this time I re instated my backed up data from the external HDD that I put documents and pictures on after scanning it for viruses about times to get it clean it found viruses the first and second time Now I am trying to recover the data that was on the second hard drive in my computer and i decided that a good way to do this and give me the most control over what is accessing the hard drive would be to use an IDE to USB device that I bought a little while ago for model information a link to this is at the bottom of this post I plugged everything in and turned it on and I get the error message quot A problem occurred during installation quot in a balloon tip and the hard drive does not appear in My Computer or is visible in Disk Management I have also tried to plug it into my laptop but it just doesn t do anything though that could be because either the ports do not have enough power or before they are not usb Does anyone have any solutions as to what might be the problem here Regards Stephen p s my Desktop PC does have usb ports http www maplin co uk Module aspx ModuleNo amp doy m amp C SO amp U strat nbsp

A:Solved: "A problem occurred during installation"

I solved the problem by testing me IDE to usb device on an old 6GB hard drive I have hanging about, after I knew it was working I plugged the drive I wanted back into the device again and windows found it this time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-a-problem-occurred-during-installation.822869/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi, I'm having BSODs on my new custom PC build running Windows 10. I am sure this is probably just a driver issue but I'm unaware of how to figure out which driver.

I've uploaded the debug report. Please let me know if you have any ideas or help.

AJ-DESKTOP-Sun_06_19_2016_200102_65.zip

Thank you!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53843-random-system-thread-system-service-exceptions.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I ve run SuperAntiSpyware Wizard" "Sys Pop-ups "Security & Integrity System Scan Warning" Ad-Aware SpyBot and Norton which removed some trojan files and registry items but I m still getting pop-ups quot Security System Warning quot and quot System Integrity Scan Wizard quot Below is my HiJackThis log Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system cryptainersrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data kfsnolql ynynormr exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe C WINDOWS system clghcnev exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http softwarereferral com jump php wmid amp mid MjI Ojg amp lid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AOL AOL Search Enhancement AOLSearch dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO ... Read more

A:"Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups

Hi Welcome to TSG!!
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sys-integrity-scan-wizard-security-system-warning-pop-ups.699730/